Windows Support Forum

Cannot open my Computer, my Control Panel, my Documents or Internet Explorer

Q: Cannot open my Computer, my Control Panel, my Documents or Internet Explorer

I run Windows XP I did receive a Error java lang NoClassDefFoundError whenever I turned on my computer That problem has been solved I am NOT able to open my computer my documents my control panel or Internet Explorer whenever I click on the icon I can only access my computer my doc and control panel in the Computer, my Panel, Documents Control or my Explorer Internet Cannot open my safe mode I cannot access Internet Explorer in safe mode I run Norton s Antivirus Norton s did not pick up viruses and a Trojan I downloaded AVG and it found the viruses and Trojan Since then I have run adaware spybot CWS I have tried to scan with TrendMicro but cannot get it to load I still am unable to access my computer my doc my control panel or Internet Explorer When I click on the icon all of the Cannot open my Computer, my Control Panel, my Documents or Internet Explorer icons leave the screen for a few seconds and then reappear but they will not open Can you help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot open my Computer, my Control Panel, my Documents or Internet Explorer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot open my Computer, my Control Panel, my Documents or Internet Explorer

Can you download and unzip HijackThis to a permanent folder of its own?

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Run it and select "Scan", then save the Scanlog and copy/paste the results here.

Also this has helped some people with similar IE problems. Try going to the Internet Options > Advanced menu (through the Control Panel applet) and uncheck "enable third party browser extensions"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-my-computer-my-control-panel-my-documents-or-internet-explorer.232022/
Relevancy 81.53%

For some reason, all of a sudden I could not open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer or Recycle Bin. I click on the icons in the desktop but nothing happens. With Internet Explorer, the arrow will get the little hourglass symbol next to it but it doesn't open. I can use Netscape to navigate the computer and I can open other programs. I'm assuming there is a problem that is based out of Internet Explorer since those other programs use the same type look. I've tried d/ling Internet Explorer Service Pack 6 but I run into some kind of error saying that it can't find all the components to install. Can anyone help me out? Let me know if you need more info. I've run a bunch of adware and spyware stuff too.

A:Can not open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer, etc.

Let us have a look-see.........

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/can-not-open-internet-explorer-control-panel-my-computer-etc-35142.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Firstly hello to everyone. Admin - Please move to correct section if in wrong place.
I checked my computer for viruses with NOD yesterday. It found a virus called Genetik trojan in WIN32. It also found problems with hg1.dll fil. It asked me if I wanted to delete it although other programs may use it. Stupidly I deleted it. Now for some reason, I can not open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer or Recycle Bin. I click on the icons in the desktop but nothing happens.
I'm assuming there is a problem that is based out of Internet Explorer since those other programs use the same type look. I've tried d/ling Internet Explorer 7 but it has not fixed the problem.
Can anyone help me out please? I am a teacher and use my computer daily in lesson - but now I've really messed it up. I can get access to the internet using Mozilla.
Thanks,
Dma.

A:Can not open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer in xp

Hi and welcome to TSF.
HG1.dll is not a Windows file so it is likely that an infection has caused your problems. Your best bet would be to run a Deckard's System Scan but this is going to be difficult if you can't access Internet Explorer. First of all, let's see if we can correct your system files using the System File Checker. Only do this if you have SP2 on your installation disc. Otherwise you will need to slipstream SP2 to the installation disc. Follow these steps (courtesy of Chauffeur2)

Insert the Windows? XP CD in your drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting.)

Go Start > Run ...in the box type in sfc /scannow ?please take note of the space between the sfc and the /.

This is the System File Checker...it will scan all the Windows? core system files to ensure that they are in their respective correct places, and if not replace them from the CD.

During the scan you may be asked to Insert the CD, if this happens just go retry and let it do its thing.

One important point: While sfc is running, it is not advisable to do any other work, or have any browsers/programs running on the computer, until the scan is complete. (This process will generally take around 45-65 minutes to complete).

Once finished, remove the CD and reboot your machine...all should be "Normal" (hopefully).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-open-internet-explorer-control-panel-my-computer-in-xp-209597.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Every time I click any of the above I get an Error from windows explorer when I look at the log that you send back to microsoft, it tells me there has be a fault in module hpswp_bho.dll
I hope someone can help me.
My computer is Acer laptap 7110

A:Can not open Windows explorer, control panel My documents etc,

Hello and welcome to TSF

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/can-not-open-windows-explorer-control-panel-my-documents-etc-380159.html
Relevancy 80.6%

I am having a similar problem only worse I am trying to fix my MIL's machine Windows XP--Upon login there are the three user accounts and all appear Panel, xp open Internet My in Computer Cannot [SOLVED] Explorer, Control to be administrators plus there is an official quot administrator [SOLVED] Cannot open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer in xp quot No passwords on any After I login on any of the accounts there is a blank screen--no icons taskbar or start menu I can gain access to some things via the task manager It has AVG on it and there are a number of items in the vault it will not let me delete I ran CCleaner Super Anti-Spyware xp registry cleaner and sd fix All have done a number of things I had never ran [SOLVED] Cannot open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer in xp CCleaner before and was impressed with that Anyway even in safe mode I can't run malware or hijack this--so I don't know if I have gotten everything or not I hope so She had downloaded Incredimail and Magentic I finally got all that off--primarily via the registry I did the sfc scannow above and I don't know what it [SOLVED] Cannot open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer in xp corrected if anything there are several concerns Obviously not being able to have a desktop with icons start menu and task bar is the biggest problem Also a tidbit is that I cannot get quot explorer exe quot to show in the processes on the task manager--I think that could be a major contributor to the overall problem I have verified that it is in hard drive in the windows folder--one is an application with just over kb It doesn't have the same icon however that my own compter has Also there are a number of things I cannot access from the task manager including control panel because i get the following error message Windows cannot access the specified drive path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot I removed as best i could via CCleaner I think it was--who knows i have tried so many different things all the unnecessary programs There seems to be a problem while trying to delete the vault in AVG and the My Computer icon is not the right one I am far from being an expert at this I will say I have learned tremendously more today I have been at this for hours and while I feel I have made some headway I still haven't fixed the main problems I have followed online suggestions and went into regedit and msconfig and command prompts--haven't used dos in years Amazing how that comes back Any ideas I have never reformatted and installed the OS before I hope to not have to do this And I have no idea what happened No one using the computer really knows thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give

A:[SOLVED] Cannot open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, My Computer in xp

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Threads here are user-specific and not topic-specific so I have moved your post to a new thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cannot-open-internet-explorer-control-panel-my-computer-in-xp-436816.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hi,

I have been using Vista for a few months, and nothing has happened, except the new IE always shoots me an error message and shut down itself. Last, night the same thing happened, when I try to open IE again, it shoots me the error message instantly, and it keeps like that after restarting the computer a few times. Also, when I try to open my computer, and everything else, including control panel, the same thing happens. I try to check if there were any new program running, because that may be cause by app clash, however I cannot find any. Now I can neither access to the internet, nor any files in my computer except those on the desktop.

Anyone has any clues or solution about that?

Thanks

A:cannot open IE, my computer, control panel, my documents, etc

What is the error message?
Any errors in event viewer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-ie-my-computer-control-panel-my-documents-etc.679279/
Relevancy 107.07%

I've run hijackthis but i'm not really sure what to do next This is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at to computer, panel, open control etc. my documents, I'm unable my PM on Platform Windows I'm unable to open control panel, my computer, my documents, etc. XP SP WinNT Boot I'm unable to open control panel, my computer, my documents, etc. mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system Smtray exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files NetXL PxUi exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express SE CalCheck exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Devon Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www trafficswarm com cgi-bin d b a d R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Smapp Smtray exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run ImageDrive exe C Program Files ahead ImageDrive ImageDrive exe O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run stcloader C WINDOWS System stcloader exe O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run PxClient exe quot C Program Files NetXL PxUi exe quot Automation O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run POINTER point ... Read more

A:I'm unable to open control panel, my computer, my documents, etc.

I ran an AVG complete scan and got 2 results:

C:\\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll, Result: change, Status: changed
C:\\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Result: change, Status: changed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/im-unable-to-open-control-panel-my-computer-my-documents-etc-152106.html
Relevancy 107.07%

The problem is not on my PC but my fiance's laptop First of all I have read many threads here that have similar problems I can't get any of them to work Many of them require d ling this or that So I d l whatever it is I need and put it on a flash drive but on my fiance's laptop I can't open the flash drive I get an error Can't remember exactly what it says atm I read that it could be a registry error caused by a virus So I ran pc pitstop and Webroot anti virus and spy sweeper PC pitstop didn't do anything but Webroot did find malware got rid of it but the My my Computer, control panel open etc. [SOLVED] documents Can't problem is still there Ran Webroot again in safe mode but didn't find anything this time around Has this messed up her laptop so bad that I can't do anything but reformat If that even helps it at all And if it does come to that can you save files from getting deleted like school work and pictures Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Can't open My Computer, control panel my documents etc.

Are there still icons showing on the desktop?
It could be that your file types need fixing.
What version of Windows is she using?

File Type fix for Vista

File Type fix for Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cant-open-my-computer-control-panel-my-documents-etc-560227.html
Relevancy 106.21%

Hello, it seems my documents and my computer won't open. When i click on one, all of my desktop icons disappear and the taskbar too, leaving just my desktop image. then the taskbar and icons reload and all my icons on the far right of taskbar reload. i will also post screenshots. PLEASE HELP!

A:Solved: My Documents, My Computer, Control Panel, etc. WONT OPEN!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-documents-my-computer-control-panel-etc-wont-open.785007/
Relevancy 104.49%

Every time when I try to open My documents or My computer control panel search or any folder on my desktop my computer crashes It says on a blue screen something My Panel Can't -computer [SOLVED] Computer/Documents/Control crashes open like this quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears [SOLVED] Can't open My Computer/Documents/Control Panel -computer crashes again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC x EB xF A BB xF A B Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance quot -------------------------- After I press restart and windows start up a pop-up window comes up it says that my system has been recovered from a serious error BCCode e BCP C BCP EB BCP F BB BCP F B OSVer SP Product And this in the report C DOCUME Josip LOCALS Temp WER a dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME Josip LOCALS Temp WER a dir sysdata xml --------------------------- I've read somewhere online that I can check the error report this way right click on My computer gt Manage gt event viewer gt system I did this and properties of error were Category Event ID and then some numbers ----------------------------- Before this problems started - I've been trying to get a webcam to work Logitech webcam and since I couldn't get my webcam to work properly all the time this cam was telling me that I use it with another application no matter what that's when why I installed a program called Splitcam to get my webcam to work And I installed a new version of Nero for burning cd-s But I've uninstalled the webcam and Splitcam with TuneUp Utilities as soon as I started to experience these 'serious error' pop-ups and blue screens I can't uninstall Nero cause I can't access it on add remove programs And TuneUp don't shows it on the list of installed programs --------------------------------- I've scanned computer with AVG and Zone Alarm I got nothing for viruses I've been trying to scan it with Vundofix but during the scan my system crashes with the same blue screen message like in the beginnig of this post ----------------------------------- I have Windows Xp professional and I have downloaded and installed service pack yesterday ------------------------- I have tried system restore I restored to previous week when everything was fine it didn't work ------------------------------ http www esnips com doc c - blems-registry This is what Uniblue- Registry booster found but I only have trial version so I can't correct all problems ----------- Do you think that the problem could be caused because I didn't uninstalled the Logitech webcam in Safe mode I uninstalled it with TuneUp -------------------- I moved on to next suspicious program Nero In add remove panel there's NO NERO name starts with A- gt Ahead program http i tinypic com b ap jpg Also there are NO BUTTONS for uninstalling ------------- http i tinypic com b zif jpg all programs --------------- http i tinypic com jngg jpg This is what I see in run gt msconfig gt startup list -------------- Please what can be causing this and how can I stop it to crash every time I try to open my folders I can open only some documents on desktop which aren't in a folder and some programs on desktop From start menu I can open ONLY microsoft word and powerpoint notepad Mozilla Thanx in advance Anamarija

A:[SOLVED] Can't open My Computer/Documents/Control Panel -computer crashes

Hi Anamarija and welcome to TSF !

Does the problem also happen in safe mode ?

Unplug all your USB devices. Use a PS/2 mouse and keyboard for the time of the troubleshooting.

Go to start => run and type chkdsk c: /R. You'll be prompted to restart the computer. Tell us if it finds any errors on the hard drive. If you couldn't see the scan's results you'll find them in the event viewer under application in the latest winlogon entry (click on the title of the source column to sort them alphabetically).

Did the BSOD or the errors in the eventviewer mention any .exe, .dll or .sys file ?

We'll need the .dmp files that you'll find in c:\windows\minidump, problem is you may not be able to browse your drive to zip and attach them with your computer. Copy them to some floppy or usb drive using the command prompt : start => run => cmd. Type copy c:\windows\minidump\*.dmp x: x being the volume letter that corresponds to your usb or floppy drive. Then with another computer zip them and attach the .zip file to your next post using the manage attachments button.

Double click the errors in the event viewer, click on the third button on the right (this copies the information in the memory) and right-click => paste the complete error message here.

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. See if there are any devices with a red cross, yellow exclamation point or whatever in front of their name. If you find anything related to your webcam then right-click => uninstall it.

Disconnect from the internet physically, since you're using ZoneAlarm the next step will disable your firewall, make sure the ethernet cable is unplugged or the router is turned off.

Go to start => run and type msconfig. Go to the services tab and tick the "hide all microsoft services" box. Untick the remaining services. Go to the startup tab and untick everything. Restart the computer and see if the problem still happens. Each time you make changes in msconfig and restart the computer you'll get a warning about being in selective mode, tick the box before clicking ok so that the changes remain. If the problem doesn't happen anymore then retick the services and startup items one at a time, restart the computer and see if you can identify the culprit. Don't reconnect to the internet until you've reactivated the firewall and antivirus.

Do you have the XP CD ? If so use that CD to create an XP SP3 CD, we may need it later.

If the above didn't help then if it's indeed a driver that's causing the problem these articles from MS will help you finding and disabling it :
How to troubleshoot a Stop 0x0000007E error in Windows XP
How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP (the How to remove unsigned drivers part)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-open-my-computer-documents-control-panel-computer-crashes-252883.html
Relevancy 104.06%

HELP I am unable to open my computer control panel my documents outlook express or internet explorer Here is the Hijack This log file Please advise Thank you for your assistance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C my int to panel, computer, open explore my express, documents, outlook control Unable WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system savedump Unable to open my computer, control panel, my documents, outlook express, int explore exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Unable to open my computer, control panel, my documents, outlook express, int explore Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Toshiba IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C Program Files Brother Brmfl a BrStDvPt exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA PKWARE PKZIPM PKLoadOE exe C WINDOWS system dumprep exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort SmartUI SmartUI exe C Program Files Sprint music manager MEMonitor exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software ... Read more

A:Unable to open my computer, control panel, my documents, outlook express, int explore

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

If you're not receiving help elsewhere and still require assistance for this issue, please follow the process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach as instructed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your next reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-open-my-computer-control-panel-my-documents-outlook-express-int-explore-310063.html
Relevancy 101.05%

After trying to install,unsuccessfully, new linksys wrt 160n on vista home premium 64-bit, I cannot open IE, control panel, network connections, etc., chrome opens alright, the network icon in the task bar is "X'd" out. Also Windows Media Center, which I use for TV, via installed Hauppauge tuner, freezes. Have reset cable modem with no results. Kindly Advise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-control-panel-wont-open.934947/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello all Today panel, etc. open control internet XP SP2, cannot explorer, Installed I installed Windows XP SP on my father's Dell Inspiron laptop When it finished installing and loaded up again I could not access the control panel internet explorer Windows update or My Computer If I tried to do so it would only show the desktop Installed XP SP2, cannot open control panel, internet explorer, etc. and then appear to restart explorer as the quot Your computer is not secure quot bubble would appear I could access the internet through firefox but whenever I would attempt to download something it would crash Also when I tried to install AVG antivirus it got to about and errored Assuming that it would help I went ahead and installed SP as well however the issue is still there Also I have tried to fix it in safe mode but likewise I cannot access the features above I do not Installed XP SP2, cannot open control panel, internet explorer, etc. think it is malware because before I installed the service packs it worked fine Also this computer is about years old and I don't have the operating system CD anymore Any help would be appreciated

A:Installed XP SP2, cannot open control panel, internet explorer, etc.

I'm wondering if you didn't install SP2 (or SP3, I'm confused on this...) while the machine was infected.

Try running System Restore and go back to a day prior to doing any of these installs.

Did you have any odd symptoms prior to installing SP2 or 3 ?

It's a bit late to be doing either of these. What prompted you to do it? Was the machine having problems before ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-xp-sp2-cannot-open-control-panel-internet-explorer-etc-336379.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Ever since I visted a site called currentcodes.com I have had problems with my computer. My IE will open and then close real quick. Also when I try to click on the control panel it will not open and my screen just stays blank. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 100.19%

I can't open my internet explorer every time I tried to open it appears a message that said that I need to send a internet open me, can't control and panel I Please help explorer, programs. my other error report Then in the mozilla firefox page appear a page that said Virus alert Microsoft detected the My Web Search Toolbar virus on your computer Also it gives me a solution and Please help me, I can't open my internet explorer, control panel and other programs. I already have a Trend Micro Antivirus so it scan already the computer Then I run the HJTInstall and this is what appear Please help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system savedump exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Please help me, I can't open my internet explorer, control panel and other programs. system Please help me, I can't open my internet explorer, control panel and other programs. svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared DJSNETCN exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files FlashCP FlashCP-Service exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system LxrSII s exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files FlashCP FlashCP-Autorun exe C Program Files NetZero DSL ConnectionCenter exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files ErrorProtector Free startmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin m SrchMn exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavsvc exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus Components tmproxy exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hpdarc exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my netzero net s search actio minisearch dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search actio minisearch dsl R - HKCU S... Read more

A:Please help me, I can't open my internet explorer, control panel and other programs.

Not sure if we can solve all those issues here, but I do see some items which are cause for concern. Before we begin, I need more information.

Please do this:

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/please-help-me-i-cant-open-my-internet-explorer-control-panel-and-other-programs-226439.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I am not able to log on to IE or my control panel. It just started doing this yesterday. I don't know where my Norton antivirus software went. It is also missing now. The system is very sluggish.

Relevancy 100.19%

I have an older Dell running XP Would like to wipe the operating system and do a clean install but have some programs I no longer have install disks for so I can t Tried to complete the Preperation Guide Defrogger worked fine can't open control address 2, explorer that for I didn't websites freezes, panel, Computer type open DDS would not run and it just gave me Computer 2, explorer freezes, can't open control panel, websites open that I didn't type address for an output file full of gibberish I tried to attach the text file but it was too large Since DDR wouldn t run I downloaded Hijackthis and have posted the log file instead GMER ran fine took a long time and I ve attached the log Computer 2, explorer freezes, can't open control panel, websites open that I didn't type address for file Any help getting this machine cleaned up will be appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Brodie Desktop gmer exe C Documents and Settings Brodie My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g ... Read more

A:Computer 2, explorer freezes, can't open control panel, websites open that I didn't type address for

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368648/computer-2-explorer-freezes-cant-open-control-panel-websites-open-that-i-didnt-type-address-for/
Relevancy 98.9%

Please help I cannot open IE word or the control panel My computer will periodically crash I noticed norton trying to stop webenhancer from downloading Norton Explorer, Word Crashes + Open Cannot Internet Panel, Control did not pick up any viruses Ad aware picked up no spyware I really need to be able to use this computer and would Cannot Open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, Word + Crashes truly appreciate any advice with this computer Here is my hijack this file Please help I can't access word internet explorer and the control panel Norton tried to stop Webenhancer from downloading When attempting to access Cannot Open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, Word + Crashes IE i get an message that internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close My computer sometimes just freezes Here's my hijack this file I'd appreciate any help I really need it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system csrss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system SK DM EXEC WINNT GWMDMMSG exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC WINNT system PROMon exeC Program Files PopNot PopNot exeC Program Files KMaestro KMaestro exeC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINNT system rundll exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINNT System drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINNT system nvsvc exeC Program Files Axaware SpamBully for Outlook Express sb service exeC WINNT System tcpsvcs exeC WINNT System snmp exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT System NMSSvc exeC WINNT System alg exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC WINNT explorer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINNT System wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D F B -B B- d -A B -BD B F - C Program Files MorpheusBar SrchAstt bin MBSRCAS DLLF - REG system ini UserInit C WINNT system userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO TChkBHO Class - E CD -B E - - - F C ABE - no file O - BHO no name - D A F- A- CC- F - BCAF AD - C WINNT Downloaded Program Files SbCIe dllO - BHO no name - D F B -B B- d -A B -BD B F - C Program Files MorpheusBar SrchAstt bin MBSRCAS DLLO - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dllO - Toolbar Morpheus Toolbar - F A - A - be- AF -D C D FB F - C Program Files MorpheusBar bar bin MORPHBAR DLLO - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run Hot Key Kbd Daemon SK DM EXEO - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exeO - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exeO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINNT UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run PNSetup C Program Files PopNot PNSetup exeO - HKLM Run USSShReg C PROGRA UL... Read more

A:Cannot Open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, Word + Crashes

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log. Thank you for your patience.If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150802/cannot-open-internet-explorer-control-panel-word-crashes/
Relevancy 98.47%

When I open My Computer, Control Panel or any other folder that requires explorer.exe to run, the system crashes, the desktop disappears and then reappears. I can then click on My Computer etc. with success but can only do this once. Basically every other time that I try to access explorer.exe the system crashes. The crash notes the error with atl.dll when opening explorer.exe. Atl.dll is not read only, and I've tried re-installing the file with no success. I've also tried moving all .cpl files out of the system32 folder but it still crashes when opening Control Panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Can't Open My Computer, Control Panel Or Use Explorer.exe Without Crashing

From another post that I made:Next, please go to Start...Control Panel...Administrative Tools...Event Viewer. Once Event Viewer opens there will be 3 categories listed in the left hand pane (Application, Security, and System). Please click on each one (in turn) and view the messages for that category in the right hand pane. Look for any error messages around the time of the last problem. Then right click on the error and select "Properties". In the window that opens will be a text description of the error - please copy it down and forward it to me. The error text should generally be in the format of 0x0000007a - with the last 2 letters'numbers changing depending upon the error. Also, usually another 4 sets of these numbers follows the error message - they are important also. Finally, at times there is a file name mentioned with the error message - please let me know what it is.If there are too many errors to choose from, please let me know and we can proceed a bit differently. Also, generally speaking, the usual location for this type of error will be in the System category - but there is a possibility that it may be in the other areas. Please do not erase your log files until we're finished troubleshooting this issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36222/cant-open-my-computer-control-panel-or-use-explorerexe-without-crashing/
Relevancy 96.32%

I cannot open My Documents or the Control Panel. I have XP and have just done some updates. I could access everything before that. Can someone help?

A:I cannot open My Documents or Control Panel

Hello,

What happens when you try and open the programs?

Do you get an error message?

Try running a system restore back to a point before doing the updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cannot-open-my-documents-or-control-panel-394382.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi I any My or open Folder Documents Control Cannot Panel, have Windows XP Cannot open Control Panel, My Documents or any Folder Home Edition Service Pack I recently got a new modem and some software came with it I popped the CD into the drive and Cannot open Control Panel, My Documents or any Folder let it do its thing Afterwards I haven't been able to open Control Panel My Documents My Computer or indeed any folder that I have on the Desktop However everything else appears to be running quite smoothly When I click on any of them all the icons on my desktop disappear leaving only the wallpaper for a few seconds and then reappear but then nothing happens If I open an application e g Word I can still access the files but I have no way of Cannot open Control Panel, My Documents or any Folder copying whole folders e g onto a USB thumb drive I've seen that other people have had similar problems by Googling what I wrote in my title but haven't been able to find a solution to the problem that a non-techie can understand I don't know what the specifics of the modem are but I suspect that it's the software that came on the CD that made my computer very unhappy I've since managed to uninstall every bit of software that I can find that is related to BT whom I got the modem and CD from to no avail Please suggest an approach for me to rectify this I've just bought a new computer and desperately want to migrate all my data onto that machine Thank you

A:Cannot open Control Panel, My Documents or any Folder

Uninstall modem first.... then perform a system restore... when that’s done, reinstall modem with only the drivers... nothing more.

Let windows find them and when it does it will install only the drivers not the rest of the stuff on the cd... let me know if that works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-open-control-panel-my-documents-or-any-folder-321277.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I have searched to see if this was asked before without any success. Maybe someone has run into this problem before.
When I open "my computer" or "control panel" after I close it...it automatically goes into Internet Explorer as a blank page. Most of the time, when I close the IE blank page...it stops responding and I have the control-alt-delete to "end the program"
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:closing "my computer" or "Control Panel" open internet explorer window

Possibly malware - anything openning ie on its own raises an alarm in my books. Post a HJT log to the malware removal section of the forum and let the experts take a look at it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-my-computer-or-control-panel-open-internet-explorer-window.658783/
Relevancy 86.43%

I haven t been able to open Windows Explorer Control Panel Recycling Bin and some other windows lately Every time I click on one of them Explorer kinda freezes for a few seconds and then starts working again except whatever I clicked on still won t be opened Also if I have any other programs opened when I do that it rearranges the order they were in along the bottom of the screen on my taskbar I m really not sure what can be wrong I just ran Hijack This and here s the logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C open Explorer, etc... Can't Panel, Windows Control WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe c windows system mksc exe Can't open Windows Explorer, Control Panel, etc... C WINDOWS explorer exe C Shows TEMP HijackThis exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www makemesearch com said R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www makemesearch com said R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - URLSearchHook IncrediFindBHO Class - D FF - BE- -B C - BB A - C PROGRA INCRED BHO INCFIN DLL N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www yahoo com quot C Documents and Settings Joseph Application Data Mozilla Profiles default tccjsibk slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Joseph Application Data Mozilla Profiles default tccjsibk slt prefs js O - Hosts search netscape com sitefinder verisign com O - BHO F Organizer Class - ef - - - c - aa a da - C WINDOWS System ATPART DLL O - BHO twaintecObj Class - dd-c e- -af -dd c c - C WINDOWS twaintec dll file missing O - BHO Band Class - f a a- c - -a - e dc ab e - C WINDOWS systb dll O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NavErrRedir Class - d ff - be- -b c - bb a - C PROGRA INCRED BHO INCFIN DLL O - BHO Tubby - EAC - E - -BC D- D D - C WINDOWS System MTC dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Cls - CF F - E - A -CBA - D - C WINDOWS System spm dll O - BHO Cls - CF F - E - A -CBA - - C WINDOWS System wer dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - Toolbar Search Toolbar - EAC - E - -BC D- D D - C WINDOWS System MTC dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run IPInSightMonitor quot C Program Files SBC Yahoo Connection Manager IP InSight IPMon exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Can't open Windows Explorer, Control Panel, etc...

Welcome to TSG

Hmmm, do you have an anti-virus program at all??

You definitely have signs of infection.

Download and run these:

Ad-Aware SE: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Install the program. On the bottom right corner of Ad-Aware you will see an option called "Check for updates now", click on that and choose "connect". Download the updates. Next click on "Scan now" on the left side of Ad-Aware. Make sure that "Search for negligible risk entries" is crossed out and not ticked. Choose "Perform full system scan" and click "Next". After Ad-Aware scans your computer, Ad-Aware may find some bad files on your computer so make sure you tick them all and choose "Next". It will ask if you want to remove those items so just continue. After removing the items close Ad-Aware.

Restart your computer

SpyBot: http://majorgeeks.com/download2471.html

Install and run Spybot S&D. Choose "Search for updates". Next choose "Download updates". After that, choose "Search and Destroy" and click on "Check for problems". If Spybot finds any nasties on your computer, make sure that they are ticked and choose "Fix selected problems".

Restart again

Move Hijack This out of the Temp folder. Have it in a permanent folder of your creation on the hard drive.

Then post a new log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-windows-explorer-control-panel-etc.322302/
Relevancy 86.43%

Initially, I have an issue that suddenly I cannot open Windows Explorer and Control Panel and I am able to fix it by my self as in my post here (Can't open Windows Explorer/Control Panel for domain user).
Where the issue only appear if I login as Domain user.

But then, after I restart my laptop and login again as domain user, it happened again.
And only if I login as domain user.
Just curious that it is related with windows update or other update from other programs.

I search for this issue and I found that after updating new IE-9 it will have this issue.
Is it correct?
If 'Yes', how to fix it? Because I am not sure that I can use System Restore for my laptop.
And why it happen only for domain user and not with local user (local admin or normal user) ?
Thanks in advance.

emir

A:I cannot open my Windows Explorer and Control Panel (Again).

Try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If any problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in betwen eah scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

You could also see if there are any application conflicts by performing a clean boot.

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

If still no joy, one of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide that might help.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/252234-i-cannot-open-my-windows-explorer-control-panel-again.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Weird issue with Acer CB HK k Monitor So I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day a dell xps and for purposes of this discussion the video card set up is a intel hd graphics board and a Nvidia GTX with gigs of ram The monitor is a k capable monitor and to get the full res its plugged in via a display port connector into the intel board since the cant panel... control file explorer, open nvidia card does NOT have a display port connector only hdmi which would limit the res to x Anyways the monitor is fantastic and things are so clear and bright it blows my mind Problem is cant open file explorer, control panel... ever since connecting it for some crazy reason I can NOT get my control panel to open my file explorer to open or adjust some of my desktop properties EVERYTHING else works great but those things no longer work Weird thing is if I downres to x I can get the file explorer to work but thats about it I ended up downloading MulitCommander Pro which is an alternative file manager and it works just fine I am on windows version Home version All these things worked perfectly with my old monitor connected via hdmi x so I dont think anything serious is wrong but I cant figure out why these built in windows core items wont open up when the res is at X Hopefully a new insiders version might help but otherwise I am stumped Thanks for any help that you can offer

A:cant open file explorer, control panel...

So basically, when you have the monitor with the high resolution connected, explorer.exe is not opening. It starts working again, once you lower the resolution to 1920x1080px or less.

Is there an error message? What happens, when you click a shortcut to start Windows Explorer? Really nothing?

If you check the system logs in the Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > View Event Logs, do you then have anything useful in there? I guess there should be at least something...

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/24128-cant-open-file-explorer-control-panel.html
Relevancy 86.43%

hi
just two days ago my computer keeps freezing when i go into certain programs. i really dont know much about computer so i dont know what to do.. i did download a photo editor around the same time it all started to happen, so i dont know, pleasee help!

A:computer freezes when i go into my computer, my documents, control panel, etc

forgot to say i also ran a virus scan but everything was fine. any ideas of what could be the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-i-go-into-my-computer-my-documents-control-panel-etc.789115/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I need help About a week ago Windows started working in an abnormal manner on my PC I wasn't able to open File Explorer or Control open Explorer File 10 Windows or can't Panel Control Panel whether from the start menu or from Windows 10 can't open File Explorer or Control Panel basically any application that calls for those file explorer or control panel I tried running command prompt admin sfc scannow DISM Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth commands several times but that doesn't fix the problem at all As a last resort I downloaded a brand new Windows ISO file from the Microsoft site and performed a clean installation formatting my HDD Things were OK the first minutes but then the problem starts again with the each new installation of Windows I don't know what is causing File Explorer and control panel to crash maybe its a faulty driver or windows update itself I have installed Windows from that ISO file several times and every time after a few minutes of me doing nothing with the computer it fails again The first driver I update to be able to use my monitor is the nVidia driver

A:Windows 10 can't open File Explorer or Control Panel

Hi, do you have any such crashes in Safe Mode? Please try- you would not be using the Nvidia driver then.
(You could access Safe Mode via SHIFT + restart and work through the rather confusing set of menus to Safe Mode).

The clean installation would seem to eliminate 3rd party programs as it sounds as if you hadn't time to install any.
Can you find any useful reports in the Event Log? (See event viewer).

If you complete your system specs, someone might be able to offer advice on your hardware.
System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Another completely different line would be a hardware fault, of course, as you say the problem developed suddenly with your PC, and persists after a clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35424-windows-10-cant-open-file-explorer-control-panel.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I ran combo fix before doing my research - SORRY SORRY!!!! Can anyone help me with this issue. Now I cannot open explorer, kaspersky, control panel etc. I am using Chrome browser on Windows 7. When the combofix ran it did indicate that it set a restore point.

Prior to running Combofix the system had been running slow and I had uninstalled a couple of programs that appeared to help but then ran across a posting of combofix which I thought would be another added measure of cleanup.

I cannot install and run the FRST logs because after downloading the exe file the run box will not open nor am I able to open explorer to run the file.

Thank you,

Teamplus

A:Ran Combofix - now cannot open explorer, control panel, kaspersky etc!

Lemmie guess, you do have full images of your OS partition, correct? After a local computer shop ran ComboFix and what else, I had to do a restore to a previous OS partition to fix the fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/394050-ran-combofix-now-cannot-open-explorer-control-panel-kaspersky-etc.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I ran combo fix before doing my research -   SORRY SORRY!!!!  Can anyone help me with this issue.  Now I cannot open explorer, kaspersky, control panel etc.  I am using Chrome browser on Windows 7.  When the combofix ran it did indicate that it set a restore point.

Prior to running Combofix the system had been ruuning slow and I had uninstalled a couple of programs that appeared to help but then ran across a posting of combofix which I thought would be another added measure of cleanup. 

I cannot install and run the FRST logs because after downloading the exe file the run box will not open nor am I able to open explorer to run the file.

Thank you,

Teamplus

A:HELP!!!! I'm an Idiot - Ran Combofix - Cannot open explorer, control panel ETC

to BleepingComputer.Hi there,my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.Please follow these guidelines:Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.print or copy & save instructions.back up all your private data / music / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.Ask for clarification, if you have any questions. Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.***Do you have the Windows install CD for this pc?If you start the pc in safe mode with networking, can you run the FRST logs then?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609555/help-im-an-idiot-ran-combofix-cannot-open-explorer-control-panel-etc/
Relevancy 85.57%

Well I'll give a few more details It restarts.. the explorer.exe Control Whenever to open I attempt Panel, is Whenever I attempt to open the Control Panel, explorer.exe restarts.. actually a friend's computer which initially had Forefront Client Security from Microsoft I removed that and tried to install a trial version of ESET which did not install He had Malwarebytes from before and I ran a scan in Safe-mode It detected items which I made Whenever I attempt to open the Control Panel, explorer.exe restarts.. it remove The actual problem is that I cannot open Whenever I attempt to open the Control Panel, explorer.exe restarts.. the main items in the control panel I can still uninstall program from the button in My Computer but cannot open the Action Center Network and Sharing Center you get the tone The Security service is stopped and my explorer exe restarts everytime I try to start it And there is a suspicious 'Windows Update' icon in the notification tray which disappears as soon as I hover my mouse over it I was suggested to run a scan using http www freedrweb com cureit lng en which yielded results I removed all of them but the problem persists Please help me I'm a student and about - of us have this problem

A:Whenever I attempt to open the Control Panel, explorer.exe restarts..

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+===Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.1: DDS.scr (Not recommended if you use Chrome to download this .scr file. Use the other options.)2: DDS.pif3: DDS.COMDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494655/whenever-i-attempt-to-open-the-control-panel-explorerexe-restarts/
Relevancy 85.57%

OK don t chastise me I know I shouldn t have done it but I ran Combofix and now I can t open my computer or programs fold etc it says no such interface supported Everything else works fine like I was able to use Firefox to open this topic I should also add that even though it won t let me double click and open folders on my desktop it will allow me to left click and open them The funny part is the bug I was trying to get rid of with Combofix is still there lol Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Windows System spool drivers w x EKIJ MUI exe C Users Gerald AppData Local Strongvault Online Backup SMessaging exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C now explorer I windows control open used I etc. panel, combofix can't and Program Files FrostWire FrostWire exe C Program Files GoforFiles GoforFiles exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Gerald Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main I used combofix and now I can't open control panel, windows explorer etc. Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows I used combofix and now I can't open control panel, windows explorer etc. CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - HKLM Run LifeCam quot C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe quot O - HKLM Run AMD AVT Cmd exe c start quot AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding device initialization quot min quot C Program Files AMD AVT bin kdbsync exe quot aml O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe quot C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run EKIJ StatusMonitor C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X EKIJ MUI exe O - HKLM Run SMessaging quot C Users Gerald AppData Local Strongvault Online Backup SMessaging exe quot O - HKLM Run ThreatFire C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run EKStatusMonitor C Program Files Kodak AiO StatusMonitor EKStatusMonitor exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run Messenger Yahoo quot C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run TomTomHOME exe qu... Read more

A:I used combofix and now I can't open control panel, windows explorer etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-used-combofix-and-now-i-cant-open-control-panel-windows-explorer-etc.1104832/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi there. I have been trying to open Internet Explorer and it tries to open and then just closes without loading. I looked at previous posts, and I realized I cannot open Internet Options in the Control Panel either. I have tried to run the sfc \scannow and a black window opens and closes before I can read it or even see the words in the window. I have tried to run in safe mode and that does not work either. I have tried to boot in Safe Mode with Networking and it says that my internet connection is working fine (and my Mac laptop is connecting to the internet through the same connection). Also, McAfee will not load and I cannot uninstall it. I think McAfee might have it's own virus that is causing the problems. Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-wont-open-and-internet-options-wont-open-in-the-control-panel-363820.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi This issue started last night I cannot open Windows Explorer By clicking explorer in desktop or icon in taskbar It just shown in taskbar for few seconds and Explorer/Control Panel Windows for user Can't open domain gone Nothing happen I also cannot open Control Panel except for Windows Defender and Device Manager I have tried to - Right click explorer icon and run as administrator but still no help - Run 'explorer exe' directly Can't open Windows Explorer/Control Panel for domain user from C Windows folder but still no help - Run 'SFC SCANNONW' as administrator from command prompt result quot not find any violations quot but still no help - Scan Can't open Windows Explorer/Control Panel for domain user using Windows Defender no issue found but still no help - Run scan with ShellExView it all shows 'normal' programs no UN-recognize software program But if I - Restart in Safe Mode it work fine - Login as Local User with admin privilege Local Admin it work fine Need suggestion and help how to solve this Thanks in advance My detail - OS Win Enterprise bit - Security Win Defender no other Antivirus

A:Can't open Windows Explorer/Control Panel for domain user

Hi,

Finally I 'fix' it by following other solution in this forum.
Because this issue only happen for domain user and not for local user, so I remove/delete the profile for domain user. And login again with the same domain user, to create new profile, and yohoo it fix the issue.

Here is what I've done:
1. Login as local admin (because as local user have no issue).
2. Open C:\Users folder.
3. Open for User folder that have issue (e.g.: c:\user\emir.yhy)
4. Make backup for all the files/folder inside it to other drive (flash-drive or whatever).
5. Delete/remove User folder (C:\Users\[user folder]).
6. Open 'Regedit'.
7. Go to "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList".
8. On the left pane, make sure it shows something like 'S-1-5-...'
9. On the right pane, check for 'ProfileImagePath' make sure it shown the user name that has problem. (see the attached file).
10. On the left pane, right click the folder and Export it for backup (just in case).
11. On the left pane, right click the folder and 'Delete' it.
12. Switch User (start - switch user).
13. Login as Domain User which have issue (it will create new profile).
14. Try to open 'Windows Explorer'. Tha thaaa... it fixed.

Next step is restore all files that we copy for backup.
BUT do not copy the files. Especially the shortcut. We need to re-create it again.
If not, you will find same issue again.

That's it. That's what I've done to fix my issue.
Hope it help for other who have same issue.

Regards,
emir.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251650-cant-open-windows-explorer-control-panel-domain-user.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello everybody I m actually using Windows Server for personal use only but I think the concept should be the same with Windows XP As a good security practice I only log in with my normal user account and carry out the installation routines with the command quot run as quot right click on an exe file But when I have to config a particular option in windows most of them are in open rights Windows to ? as) Explorer, with Panel (Run Control admin How control panel there is no such quot run as quot option k and the only thinng I can do is logging of which is pretty disturbing How to open Windows Explorer, Control Panel with admin rights (Run as) ? windows server doesn t support fast user How to open Windows Explorer, Control Panel with admin rights (Run as) ? switching does it If it does please give me a hint Even when I try to do it with the command line quot runas user Administrator control quot after correctly entered the passoword it showed me quot Attempting to start control as user quot and went back to the command prompt without any error message I also tried to create a shortcut of the control panel and used the right click run as thing entered the password and also not thing happened The same with Windows Explorer Can anybody help me out Thanks so much in advance nbsp

A:How to open Windows Explorer, Control Panel with admin rights (Run as) ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-open-windows-explorer-control-panel-with-admin-rights-run-as.559384/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi I have due to error to windows panel explorer control Unable open the following problems in my laptop - - Unable to control panel A windows explorer error message flashes every time I try to open control panel - Windows firewall doesn't open on start Unable to open control panel due to windows explorer error up and manual start up is also not possible - AVG antivirus icon appears in taskbar but closes once the mouse is scrolled over the same and hence virus updation is not happening - I have done scanning using microsoft online scanner but it couldn't detect any malware or virus - I tried to open the control panel through run command but failed - Also many utilities like disk cleanup cc cleaner regedit msconfig etc could not be opened The screen just flashes and goes off when I try to open these utilities - Also tried to open the control panel through safe mode and safe mode with networking but failed - Sometimes lot of windows update icons appear on taskbar but goes off when mouse is scrolled over them - Also system restore is not possible - SFC and CHKDSK are also done My system configuration - - Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ - Windows home premium bit SP - GHz Intel Core Duo Please help me resolve this issue Regards Subramonian

A:Unable to open control panel due to windows explorer error

Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place the file onto your desktop

Right click on FSS.exe select

Place a check mark next to the following options
⬜ Internet Services
⬜ Windows Firewall
⬜ System Restore
⬜ Security Center
⬜ Windows Update
⬜ Windows Defender

Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply

Also run

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

64-Bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 <===== Download Link

Drag the FRST64.exe from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Right click on FRST64.exe and choose

When the tool opens click Yes on the disclaimer window .

Press Scan button.

FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file

Note
The first time Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is run, it makes also another log Addition.txt
Please upload both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

FRST.txt and Addition.txt will be on the Desktop

Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298963-unable-open-control-panel-due-windows-explorer-error.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I really hope someone can help me with this. I have Windows XP and the Internet Options in the control panel will not open. Same when I try to access it on line through Tools and Settings... still won't open.

Relevancy 83.42%

So yeah this problem started a few days ago My college has had trouble with a virus lately and i know i picked it up on my pen drive i didnt beleive internet in panel control options open Cannot i had caught the virus when i put my pen drive into my computer but there was a big rumble with my firewall trying to block it Anyway now if i try to open quot Internet Cannot open internet options in control panel Options quot in the control panel or in my browser nothing happens except for a window appears to flash on screen for less than a second Also i am Cannot open internet options in control panel browsing the internet using IE at the minute because when i try to load firefox my screen freezes and i have to restart via the button on my computer I originally could not delete firefox from my computer but i have managed to now i also tried to reinstall firefox and see if it Cannot open internet options in control panel did anything but the problem just stays the same I am aware there are similar threads to this claiming that they cannot open their control panel which made me think it might not be the virus afterall but none of the solutions seemed to work and i have heard nothing about their internet browser freezing I also find it strange that i can run IE so i think it must be something to do with my default browser Also i have ran AVG and Adware etc they found a few things and got rid of them but it has not fixed the problem Any help is greatly appreciated guys sorry about the essay i've written here P

A:Cannot open internet options in control panel

Hello and welcome to TSF

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.
Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-open-internet-options-in-control-panel-298875.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Help! I can't open internet options in IE 7 . It opens for a second and then disappears. In the control panel the icon is there, but when I click on it nothing happens. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-options-wont-open-on-ie-gone-in-control-panel.629798/
Relevancy 82.99%

How to open "All Control Panel Items" from the command line? thanks...

A:Command Line Open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items

Is this what you are referring to?

List of Control Panel Command Line Commands

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277967-command-line-open-control-panel-all-control-panel-items.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Recently I am unable to open the control panel in Windows Vista Premium Edition. I have an HP Vista Home Edition with service pack 1. 32 bit operating system.
When I click on control panel the message that comes up is "Windows Explorer has stopped working" Says it is restarting but nothing happens.

Thanks for you help
Debbie

A:Can't open control panel in vista. Windows explorer has stopped working message

hi and welcome have you tried system restore to before the problem started

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-open-control-panel-in-vista-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-message-353585.html
Relevancy 82.56%

When I double click on either My Computer or Control Panel from either the desktop or start menu the icons appear on the bottom bar But when I double click to open them or use the menu to open they disappear off to the left of the monitor screen I have no access to these at all HijackThis log is below Any help or Panel My Computer Can't Control Open is appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Program Files Google Can't Open My Computer or Control Panel Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Windows system ntvdm exeC Program Files Vongo Tray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Users Kim AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE L U UUMC HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www drudgereport com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook NetAssistantBHO Class - E FA E-F A- -ABF - C E C A - C Program Files My Freeze com Toolbar with NetAssistant NetAssistant dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV ... Read more

A:Can't Open My Computer or Control Panel

I have moved your Topic that included a HijackThis log to the Misplaced Logs sub-forum. You posted your log in a forum not intended for HijackThis logs analysis. We can only allow topics with such logs in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum. This restriction is to ensure you get the best help available, from those who specialize in malware anlaysis and removal. It also should prevent you from receiving ineffective or even potentially dangerous advice, whether well meaning or not.We understand that dealing with malware issues and getting help can be frustrating but improperly posting a log usually happens if you missed the directions we provide to those who require malware removal assistance. Prior to posting a log, we ask that you please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log. Following the steps in this Guide will allow the HJT Team to quickly help you with specific fixes for what may remain on your system.Please complete all the steps in the Guide. If you can't perform a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.When you have completed those steps, start a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum as directed in the Prep Guide to post a new log.Please DO NOT post any more logs to this topic, or post a log again in the wrong forum.The Misplaced HJT Logs forum is strictly a holding area where the BC Staff can assist you with preparations for and to properly post your log. If you have a question or encounter a problem in the Prep Guide, please do post back to this topic; that is what it is here for.When your new DDS/HJT log is posted in the proper forum, please reply to this topic with a link to your new topic. Once that is done, a Member of the HJT Team will analyze your log and assist you with step by step instructions to clean your computer or otherwise advise what needs to be done.Thanks for your cooperation and good luck.The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219944/cant-open-my-computer-or-control-panel/
Relevancy 82.56%

Ok, only under one profile am I having this problem. There are two profiles on my xp, the one I am on now is fine, everything works. On the other I can't open My Computer, Internet Explorer, Network Places, Control Panel and Recycle Bin. Everything else seems to work, what 's the deal here? This is confusing...

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi sorry if I miss anything or forget to include anything Every time Windows starts I get an error message that reads quot During a scan of files at system startup potential errors in the system registry were found p- - irql f SYSVER xff NT Kernel error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED quot I can't open My computer or Control panel or anything else It happened when I tried to download a video converting program I'm guessing now it wasn't a converting program I tried to Control My anything panel, Cannot open or Computer, else. do the Panda scan but IE froze and Windows basically crashed and disappeared Here is my main txt from Deckard's I can't get the extra txt not sure why I appreciate any of the help and will be checking this thread very often for updates and any questions or information I can give Thank you EDIT I just got another error message while typing this It was titled quot Your system could become unstable A potential problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown buggy application to prevent damage to your computer WXYZ SYS - Address F AE base at C Date Stamp b A Kernel Debugger Using Com Port x F Baud rate quot Deckard's System Scanner v Run by herod on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as herod exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray Cannot open My Computer, Control panel, or anything else. exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Cannot open My Computer, Control panel, or anything else. Printer dlccmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskAgent exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C WINDOWS system lxddcoms exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS ehome RMSvc exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dl... Read more

A:Cannot open My Computer, Control panel, or anything else.

Hello and welcome to TSF

Apologises for the delay getting to your log. The helpers here are all volunteers and we have been very busy lately. If you are still having malware problems, follow instructions below.

=======

Please run Deckard's System Scanner once again, this time using these instructions:

Click the Windows 'Start' button > Select 'Run' - then copy/paste this into the run box & click OK

"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /config

Click on Extra Log and tick all boxes below that.

Click Scan!

When finished, it shall produce two logs for you. Post those logs in your next reply.

=========
Logs Required
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\main.txt
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt<---Attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-or-anything-else-221137.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi everyone,

First off I'm a new user, so apologies if I do anything wrong. I've done a few searches but can't quite find what I need.

I'm trying to sort out my sister's computer for her, which has gone a bit wrong.

Computer: Acer Aspire 5338

Symptoms: Internet explorer not working (does not open, although computer thinks about it slightly before hand)
Control panel does not load (non of the icons load, and it does not respond, has to be shut down by task manager)
Same problem with the Network and Internet box
Supposedly Safari works, but I can't get it to now.

Could it be a virus? Or a complete windows failure?

Quick help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Toby

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-and-control-panel-not-opening.940335/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

Whenever I click on My Computer or Control Panel the screen shows my desktop for a second but fails to load either one. I am running Windows XP Media Centre Sp 3 (I believe). I attach the hijackthis log and would be very grateful for any help on this front! I am running AVG 8.

Thanks

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-my-computer-control-panel.727923/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I'm using acer inspire OP Win XP SP2 relatively new laptop.

The prob is cannot open any prog associated with windows. when i click on "my computer" for example, it's just blink for a second then back to desktop. No msg whatsoever.

I cannot restore cause apparently the restore sys been off all this while so no earlier restore pt created. Yes, I can open these apps in safe mode but cannot do nothing/unistall.

It's just happened few days ago and no new prog has been installed. It does have malware such as yoog.com, mswbar but i can't do nothing without access to the drives.

please help. thanks in advance.

Cankersaurus

A:Cannot open my computer, my document, control panel etc.

If you laptop IS new, go to the manufacturer tech support. The warranty should still be good.

Have you tried logging on as "administrator?" If you can, and you can everything works, check your normal logon has Administrator rights.

Another option (screenshot):Right-click My Computer, select Manage
Expand [+] Local User and Groups
Select Users
If you do NOT see your normal logon user-name, right-click Users and select New User (screenshot) to create it. Of course use your normal logon User Name.

When your User Name is listed, right-click it and select Properties, Member Of tab, and add Administrators (makes you a member of Administrators).

Now logoff and re-logon.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-open-my-computer-my-document-control-panel-etc-361884.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Starting out of the blue a few days ago I have been unable to open My Computer My Documents and Control Panel Here's is my logfile thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exe C Program Files Portrait Displays forteManager DTHtml exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files No-IP DUC exe D Program Files a-squared Anti-Malware a service exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Plugins AM dtsslsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared dtsrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe D Games Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Opera opera exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe D Program Files EA Games Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy UO exe D Program Files EA Games Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy uopatch exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http Unable etc. to Computer, My Panel, Control open go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Poly HTML Filter BHO - DF - - -AE -F F CFCA - C WINDOWS system SiKernel dll O - BHO Spybot-S Unable to open My Computer, Control Panel, etc. amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - D PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Unable to open My Computer, Control Panel, etc. Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C PROGRA AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run PD STISvc RunDLL exe P Pin dll RunDLL EP O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SansaDispatch C Program Files SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exe O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-open-my-computer-control-panel-etc-278424.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi Whenever I click on My Computer or Control Panel the screen shows my desktop for a second but fails to load either one Also I am not sure if it is important but I have been getting an wxWidgets Debug Alert-msw sctaskbar cpp assert quot msg gs msgtaskbar quot failed in WindowProc Do you want to stop the program You can choose Cancel to suppress further warnings I am running Windows XP Media Centre Sp I believe The hijackthis log is below for some reason I cannot attach the file and would be Unable to my open computer/control panel very grateful for any help on this front I am running AVG Thanks Richard Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Unable to open my computer/control panel system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Unable to open my computer/control panel Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS V Mon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe Unable to open my computer/control panel C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TomTom HOME HOMERunner exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Pando Networks Pando pando exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgscanx exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO CInterceptor Object - D FE - D - F -BB E-C A A A - C Program Files Pando Networks Pando PandoIEPlugin dll O - BHO BitComet Helper - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO AVG Safe Search - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-open-my-computer-control-panel-266988.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I am From Georgia, And Sorry For my English
When I open My computer Or Control Panel There are nothing. But When I press LOG OF or RESTART, After Start It work Great. What`s Wrong?
I use AVG antivirus
also Clen my pc with
Wise Disk Cleaner
CCleaner
AVG PC Tuneup 2011

When i open start and then search D: and open

Please Help me :*

Relevancy 81.7%

i am running xp media center edition ver. 2002. i am unable to open either the comtrol panel or my computer. when i try to go to either one, all the icons disappear on the screen and soon return. i have used quality spyware and virus programs and they come up clean. i also use regcure periodically. anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

when i try to run sfc /scannow, i get a messege to install sp 2 disk which i don't have though i have sp 2 installed. i have read that even installing a disk won't fix this problem.

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks!

A:Can't Open Control Panel, My Computer Sfc /scannow

Try a couple of these free, online scanners to see if anything has slipped by your protection:(Be advised that some of these scanners will pickup things in "quarantine" from other anti-virus programs - so review the results carefully)http://housecall.trendmicro.comhttp://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Scan Only - no removalhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtmlhttp://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asphttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxhttp://www.eset.com/onlinescan/<links compiled on 02/14/2008>

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152084/cant-open-control-panel-my-computer-sfc-scannow/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi helper days ago my comp was infected by some spyware or virus i don't know i can't figure it The thing I know that my comp had a problem is there are a fake pop up message that Properties Of Open I Can't The Computer. Control Panel, My telling that My Computer was infected and something about can't open file name printer exe Also I couldn't open the I Can't Open Control Panel, The Properties Of My Computer. task manager I've try SmithFraudFix I can open the task manager again and the pop-up message didn't come again but I can't open the properties My computer Control Panel can't restore And when I try to fix in spybot-search and destroy my computer get I Can't Open Control Panel, The Properties Of My Computer. error the screen was I Can't Open Control Panel, The Properties Of My Computer. blank Anyway this is my HijackThis Log Can you help me find out the problems and fix it please Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files SpywareDetector SDService exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exeC toshiba ivp ism pinger exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Cerience RepliGo RepliGoMon exeC Program Files SpywareDetector SDSystemTray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exeC WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Microsoft Firewall Client ISATRAY EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetE... Read more

A:I Can't Open Control Panel, The Properties Of My Computer.

Hello and welcome to BC. Sorry for the delay in response. If you haven't received help elsewhere already and still need help, please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110960/i-cant-open-control-panel-the-properties-of-my-computer/
Relevancy 80.84%

Can't open any of it can't explore Here is log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Smith Micro StuffIt Folders/Directories My Can't Control Panel, open Computer, ArcNameService exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Can't open My Computer, Control Panel, Folders/Directories firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http Can't open My Computer, Control Panel, Folders/Directories go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG win ini load C WINDOWS system sstqp exe O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run dvd C Program Files dvd dvd tray exe O - HKLM Run c rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system ybrbcyww dll quot b O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup HOTSYNCSHORTCUTNAME lnk C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe O - Extra context menu item Append to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert to Ad... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-open-my-computer-control-panel-folders-directories-212148.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

I have a serious error on a laptop that my friend gave me, she is a college professor and gave me her laptop to fix it but i have absolutely no idea what to do.

Laptop just seem to randomly stop working:
-Right click menu wont open no matter where or on what i click (left click works but wont run anything)
-Cant start anything, Contrpl panel, task manager, CMD, anti virus ... anything (only thing i can do is shut down)

She says this problem started few days ago, i've scanned for viruses but apart from some minor usual problems nothing major was detected.

I need help as to what could be causing this.

Edit: forgot to write this: problem appears random, sometimes laptop works fine sometimes this happens, i have not noticed any patterns when it appears (once i clicked my computer and bam, other time i ran Ad-aware and bam........ seems completely random)

A:nothing works, cant right click, open my computer or control panel etc

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

You can monitor the temperature of various things to see if that is the cause of the lockup. There are several programs that can do this, maybe speccy will be enough to leave up/running/visible. When it freezes, look at the temps in that screen.

You could also try a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281240-nothing-works-cant-right-click-open-my-computer-control-panel-etc.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm new here so first off thanks for all the hlep in advance I have been trying to get my wife's Home, programs XP can't control my or any computer open panel sisters system up and running properly but can't She is logged in with admin rights on Windows XP Home When you click start and try to go to any programs my computer control panel or anything you get an hourglass the icons disappear then reappear The program or application will XP Home, can't open my computer control panel or any programs not come up The only programs that work are IE and Netscape IE keeps bringing up errors and wants to send error reports to Microsoft If I start the computer in safe mode I am able to go into any application or program I have McAfee with the latest dats on the system I have spybot with the latest updates I have ad-aware with latest updates and system mechanic I have ran all of the virus and spyware software and have cleaned the system of any files or viruses found but still cannot open anything Can someone please help Thank you

A:XP Home, can't open my computer control panel or any programs

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Habe you tried running the System File Checker ?

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-cant-open-my-computer-control-panel-or-any-programs-51905.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

I'm doing a bit of customising and I was wondering if anyone new the various commands to enter from the Run box to
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Open the Search Window

Also, does anyone know of a good website where I can find these and other commands?

Thanks in Advance

Dugq

OS is Windows XP SP2

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, recently I have been unable to open My Computer, the Control Panel or any folders on my laptop. There are no errors, they are just completely unresponsive. This first happened about a month ago, and after a week of getting no where, I reinstalled Windows 7 and that seemed to fix it for a couple of weeks, but it's now happening again and I'm stumped. I have tried running disk check and scannow, and had a look in registry editor but everything seems to be fine.

I've never run into a problem I've not been able to figure out, but I'm completely at a loss with this one. Because of this I'm unable to access any files so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

A:Unable to open Control Panel/My Computer/Any folders

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried it in safe mode tap F8 as you boot then choose safe mode or safe mode with networking

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-open-control-panel-my-computer-any-folders-672578.html
Relevancy 80.84%

When I launch the control panel of my laptop (Windows XP, service pack 3) and get to the categories list, some links don't open and I get error message that says 'Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience'.Please how can I solve this problem?

A:Solved: cannot open some aspects of computer control panel

Hi papafavour,

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and locate rundll32.exe. Rename it to rundll32.bak. Now try accessing the Control Panel icons and let me know if this helped you resolve the issue. All the best!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-open-some-aspects-of-computer-control-panel.918510/
Relevancy 80.84%

The Control panel my computer or any folders on my laptop was unable to open I am using windows Home premium bit Hitting Control folders or Control were unable my to open computer, panel, any Panel- Upon a click on Control panel, my computer, or any folders were unable to open the control panel it won't open and instead a message box error header appears EE -A A- D - -BEB C with this body message quot This file does not have a associated program with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in the Default Programs control panel quot when I click quot ok quot another message popped up with a different error header quot Explorer exe quot having the same body message quot This file does not have a associated program with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in the Default Programs control panel quot Control panel, my computer, or any folders were unable to open Hitting my Computer - Upon a click on my Computer again a message box appears saying quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools Computer Management Ink quot Unspecified Error Hitting any folders - nothing happen i cant open any folders I cannot access nor open my Windows explorer as well I've gone though the process of sfc scannow and system restore Control panel, my computer, or any folders were unable to open but i got nothing to solve my issue Windows repair install on the other hand won't allow me to continue to install for it prompt me an error saying quot Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer quot what shall i do please help

A:Control panel, my computer, or any folders were unable to open

Maybe this tutorial will help:
Manage - Fix "File does not have a program associated"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354490-control-panel-my-computer-any-folders-were-unable-open.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi there I m using Windows XP on a Dell Dimension Internet Explorer freezes up after - minutes of use - CTRL-ALT-DEL usually doesn t work - have to reboot Recently am unable to open c-drive Control Panel or My Computer by double clicking An error box comes up that says Trial has Expired You have exceeded your trial period This evaluation version will no longer function Please click on the quot order button quot to purchase your licensed version or the quot Quit quot button to exit Then it gives two options to click ORDER and QUIT When I click on Order to see what this is about it takes me to a Paint Shop Pro page to order I have an quot ORIGINAL quot version of Paint Shop Pro that I bought so I don t know what this trial version is about I ran Norton and it didn t catch any viruses I ran Avast free version and it found some viruses which were fixed I was unable to run either of these virus protection programs in safe mode so just ran them in normal mode I ran Malwarebyes in Safe Mode and it found various problems Trojan Dropper Trojan BHO some Adware issues etc I m still having problems Please help I m a rookie user Thank you so much Mary

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300931/computer-freeze-cant-open-c-drive-my-computer-control-panel-etc/
Relevancy 80.41%

This afternoon, my computer began crashing whenever I try to open one of the more important files, like my computer or the control panel. Everything works correctly on safe mode, and I've tried driver verification, but there's upwards of 200 unregistered drivers, so I'm not entirely sure what to do. Are there any drivers I should look for to move away from the system32 folder? Or is there any other way to solve this?

Also, I haven't installed any new software recently.

Thanks,
Matt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-crashes-when-i-try-to-open-my-computer-recyclin-bin-control-panel-etc-314821.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi My pc opens too slow control panel and My Computer i hope you can help me analizing my HJTThanksLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost Winuc386.exe Open - And Panel My Control Tooslow Sacc.exe Computer exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System S EvMon Control Panel And My Computer Open Tooslow - Winuc386.exe Sacc.exe exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system basfipm exeC WINDOWS system ccmsetup ccmsetup exeC ptc flexlm i nt obj lmgrd exec ptc flexlm i nt obj ptc d exeC WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System XConfig exeC Archivos de programa Java j re bin jusched exeC WINDOWS System DSentry exeC Archivos de programa Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exeC ARCHIV Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEC Archivos de programa iRiver iRiver Manager Updater Updater exeC Archivos de programa Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Archivos de programa Musicmatch Musicmatch Control Panel And My Computer Open Tooslow - Winuc386.exe Sacc.exe Jukebox mim exeC Archivos de programa Nikon NkView NkvMon exeC WINDOWS WEBSHOTS SCRC Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Archivos de programa Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Archivos de programa Control Panel And My Computer Open Tooslow - Winuc386.exe Sacc.exe Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exeC Archivos de programa RealVNC WinVNC WinVNC exeC Archivos de programa Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exeC WINDOWS TEMP EAEFCA EXEC HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName V nculosO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO GlobalSpec Engineering Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-D FB-EF FB D FA D - C WINDOWS DOWNLO gspec dllO - BHO sxpdr MyBHO - D F E - DF- DA- - B - C WINDOWS System sxpdr dllO - BHO HbTools - CC F -EB - A -B - A E DB - C Archivos de programa HbTools Bin HbtHostIE dll file missing O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Archivos de programa MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Archivos de programa MSN Apps MSN Toolbar es-mx msntb dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar T msn - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Archivos de programa MSN Apps MSN Toolbar es-mx msntb dllO - Toolbar GlobalSpec Engineering Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-D FB-EF FB D FA D - C WINDOWS DOWNLO gspec dllO - Toolbar H amp otbar - CC F -EB - A -B - A E DB - C Archivos de programa HbTools Bin HbtHostIE dll file missing O - HKLM Run Apoint C Archivos de programa Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquietO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Archivos de programa Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Archivos de programa Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeO - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exeO - HKLM Run OfficeScanNT Monitor quot C Archivos de programa Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe quot -HideWindowO - HKLM Run EM EXEC C ARCHIV Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEO - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Control Panel And My Computer Open Tooslow - Winuc386.exe Sacc.exe

Hi,

The forums are really busy, that explains why logs get behind. We start with the oldest logs first. If you still need some help, please start with posting a new hijackthislog in this thread. Don't start with a new thread.
Then I'll take a look.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35420/control-panel-and-my-computer-open-tooslow-winuc386exe-saccexe/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey guys this Computer in nothing Empty, Panel Explorer My shows Control is my first post Sorry if this should be in another spot I've been looking everywhere and I haven't found anyone with this exact problem So Control Panel Empty, My Computer in Explorer shows nothing I had this annoying little malware that kept changing my default search engine No big deal Removed all traces of it fixed that Well it entered something in the registry so I open CCleaner to get rid of it and I quot Fixed quot ALL of the errors it found I don't know if it's a coincidence but since then when I open Windows Explorer all my shortcuts Favorites all the links under Libraries like My Music etc in the program disappear and it only shows quot Favorites Libraries and Homegroup quot No sub-links When I restart my computer it goes back to normal but when I go to certain folders Happens quite often not sure which one s specifically it makes the links disappear It also seems to happen when I click on My Computer from the Start Menu When this happens Control Panel is blank and the quot My Computer quot folder will not load anything I have to search for specific folders I've restarted the services processes in task manager replaced the explorer exe file and shell dll ran quot scannow quot in cmd scanned for malware viruses countless times with multiple programs gone to the registry editor thing in Windows and made sure everything is pointing in the right direction still the same result Running out of ideas before I just re-install your help is DEARLY appreciated Thanks for taking a look

A:Control Panel Empty, My Computer in Explorer shows nothing

If it was my computer I would do a clean install following the procedure outlined in this tutorial:
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

When you have finished with the clean install, then make it a habit of creating system images, so when things happen like what you are now experiencing you have a fall back option to restore you computer to the way it was. This will save you the time and effort of reinstalling your programs. I personally use Macrium Reflect and it does a good job.
Imaging with free Macrium

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276423-control-panel-empty-my-computer-explorer-shows-nothing.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Well casually serfing for free pornography at this time uneducated and unaware of the horrors of ActiveX in IExplorer my computer dled a nasty bit of garbageware a Solved: to crash Control and computer, Panel, others explorer My causes nasty internet hijacker and a big desktop warning Now I have removed most of it with Solved: Control Panel, My computer, and others causes explorer to crash about differnt adware programs But two problems still remain My homepage is Solved: Control Panel, My computer, and others causes explorer to crash always speed-search biz and ive tried to fix it with hi jack this on several occasions Solved: Control Panel, My computer, and others causes explorer to crash This isnt a big issue as I have now switched to Opera BUT the second more severe problem is every time I click My Computer My documents Control panel My music or Printers and Faxes my windows explorer crashes Apparently the forces of evil don t want me to access my non-existent printer or the free music sample that comes with XP after a fresh format Unfortunatly I have grown weary of saving all my Downs to my desktop so I can open them without My computer Heres my hi jack this log Any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS Gpa exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Opera opera exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Teh Allan Johnston Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www speed-search biz index html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www speed-search biz search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www speed-search biz search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www speed-search biz search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www speed-search biz index html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www speed-search biz index html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www speed-search biz search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www speed-search biz search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www speed-search biz search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www speed-search biz index html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www speed-search biz search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www speed-search biz search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www speed-search biz search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www speed-search biz search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page http www speed-search biz index html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page http www speed-search biz index html O - BHO BHO - CAD - DD- fa - EA - F C CBD - C WINDOWS System mspxs dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C... Read more

A:Solved: Control Panel, My computer, and others causes explorer to crash

Hi TehAllan

Welcome to TSG!

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close ALL windows except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.speed-search.biz/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.speed-search.biz/index.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.speed-search.biz/index.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.speed-search.biz/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.speed-search.biz/search.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.speed-search.biz/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.speed-search.biz/index.html
O2 - BHO: BHO - {06CAD548-14DD-4fa3-9EA9-05F83C18CBD7} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mspxs32.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win32SystemMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\System32\Kom.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win32 Explorer] C:\WINDOWS\System32\explorer32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Win32SystemMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\System32\Kom.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Win32 Explorer] C:\WINDOWS\System32\explorer32.exe

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -

Restart to safe mode.

How to start your computer in safe mode

Because XP will not always show you hidden files and folders by default, Go to Start > Search and under "More advanced search options".
Make sure there is a check by "Search System Folders" and "Search hidden files and folders" and "Search system subfolders"

Next click on My Computer. Go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extensions for known file types" . Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

Now find and delete these files:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Kom.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\explorer32.exe

Also in safe mode navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Go to Start > Run and type %temp% in the Run box. The Temp folder will open. Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files". Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.
Empty the Recycle Bin
IMPORTANT!: I highly recommend that you go to Windows update and insta... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-control-panel-my-computer-and-others-causes-explorer-to-crash.293869/
Relevancy 79.12%

I had some or extremely panel slow, control can't is enable avast open Computer family at my house over the weekend who used our desktop computer At one point they were on an unfamiliar website and clicked on an ad that opened a window with a fake error pop up that wouldn't close unless you selected the prevent window from creating additional pop ups box So I selected that exited the site and didn't think much of it Fast forward to yesterday I attempted to boot up the PC and it booted normally But as soon as it got to the desktop it struggled to load any programs I have that are to be booted on startup I also noticed that my Avast antivirus protection was turned off and Windows also notified me that windows defender had been shut off aswell Opening avast or anything for that matter is nearly impossible as I'm typing this in safe mode and even upon entering safe mode I am still unable to start avast's active protection I ran a full scan with malwarebytes which found nothing and after that I ran a scan with ESET online scanner overnight which removed PUPs and something named HTML Iframe B trojan I came home from school today and noticed ESET had gotten rid of a number of things and proceeded to try a regular boot Yet again ridiculously Computer is extremely slow, can't open control panel or enable avast slow if at all load times and my antivirus is still ineffective I'm not going to try to narrow it down as the slow load times could be from something other than malware but if neither ESET or malwarebytes was able to find it I'm not sure what to try next Any help at all would be appreciated This is an older PC but less than a week ago it was running reasonably well as compared to how slow it's crawling now Thanks Sam

A:Computer is extremely slow, can't open control panel or enable avast

Microsoft says this about HTML/Iframe.B trojan...."This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC".

Run a scan using RKill and then the other scans. You can reboot when one or more of the programs requires a reboot to complete  RKill Download
As RKill only terminates a program's running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again. Instead, after running RKill you should immediately scan your computer using some sort of anti-malware or anti-virus program so that the infections can be properly removed.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Double click on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click  Accept & Extract. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\). .
After extraction an Emsisoft Emergency Kit window will open. Under "Run Directly:" click Emergency Kit Scanner.
When asked to run an online update, click Yes.
When the update is finished, click the Back to Security Status link in the left corner. On the main screen click the Scan Now button.
Select the malware scan option and click the SCAN button.
When the scan is finished click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.
Click the View Report button and in the Reports window double-click on the most recent log. Note, logs are named as follows: a2scan_<date>-<time>.txt.
Copy/paste the report contents in your next reply.

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605179/computer-is-extremely-slow-cant-open-control-panel-or-enable-avast/
Relevancy 79.12%

When i try to open My Computer or Control Panel or any other program, I am unable to open it. Currently I have Windows 7 installed in system.

Also, after some time I am getting dialogue box saying "Server Execution Failed" error. In task manager, when i tried to run "Explorer.exe", got the same error.

I want to upgrade my laptop to new windows version and i have software in pendrive.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

A:Unable to Open my computer, Control Panel etc., getting Server Execution error

Hello resham.vidhani, to TSF!

Presuming you can open other programs; open your Anti Virus program > update its definitions > run a full scan.
Report back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-open-my-computer-control-panel-etc-getting-server-execution-error-984473.html
Relevancy 78.69%

hi ,
got a new system this week , installed win xp sp2
all was ok ,
i left pc downloading something for 3 hours , without doing nothing else
and when i got back , it started to crash and restart explorer.exe everytime i close my computer / control panel / folder i made on desktop

all icons and task bar disappear and then reappear
at the begining it also said something about DEP and dr watson
usually it doesnt say it anymore

i googled and saw people had same prob , but no of the solutions worked for me

thanks in advance for any help

Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys

After buying my laptop, after about a month Windows explorer ( Computer ( my computer for some ) Control panel,My documents etc...) Takes a long time to load

After i click on any one, it hows me a white screen ( not the whole screen, just middle ), with the vista loading icon, and after about 1 minute, it appears, but one im inside any windows explorer, i can go to the other with no problem

Example

I open my computer, takes about a min to load, after that, i can go to documents etc... with no load

JUst this opening that bugs me
Thanks

A:Computer, control panel etc... takes long to load ( windows explorer )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-control-panel-etc-takes-long-to-load-windows-explorer.806797/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys,
I'm running Vista Home OS and had many problems recently booting. Almost every time it requires to run system restore before it boots. Now several desktop icons are not working - mainly the ones that allow me into the file system. Runnig "My Computer" opens "Computer Management Snapin Launcher". Running "Windows Explorer" or "Control Panel" gives an error message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations Control Panel". I'm pretty sure this must be a virus messing up my registry but I've run AVG, AVAST and Spybot and nothing is being found. Any ideas how to fix any of this without reformatting???

A:Solved: Problems starting My Computer, Windows Explorer, Control Panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-starting-my-computer-windows-explorer-control-panel.981883/
Relevancy 77.4%

I present to you today a most peculiar computer with a MYRIAD of problems it seems The computer in question has been in use for about two months I d say It s about six years old but we just recently had a need to use it so I had a tech person clean it off fix any problems and it was sent back to me in working condition I loaded up my programs without many problems except one The scanner portion of restore Computer Hates Explorer.exe, Change problems My panel, control : system my printer copier scanner combo device never would operate The printer is fine but the computer ALWAYS gave me the quot Found new hardware quot bit regardless of what drivers I installed I get the sneaking suspicion that this is related to my current My Computer Hates Change : Explorer.exe, control panel, system restore problems woes Otherwise the computer operated just fine UNTIL that My Computer Hates Change : Explorer.exe, control panel, system restore problems is last week A friend tried to install a game to the computer and finally gave up having never gotten it operation Files installed just fine but my DirectX wasn t up to date We tried to update it but to no avail Always got the same error messages that DirectX needed to be updated in order to start the game A few days after I m trying to connect a quot MagicJack quot to the computer for my grandmother The MagicJack doesn t work I spend a My Computer Hates Change : Explorer.exe, control panel, system restore problems few hours with the abomination that is MagicJack Technical Support only to have them tell me that I need to restart unplug-replug install some updates Surprise surprise the updates won t install The MagicJack never works And finally yesterday I was attempting to install IE The install works just fine but I need to restart my computer I do so and suddenly my explorer is GONE Background loads fine Task manager opens up I can get to the quot Run quot function fine So I navigate to Microsoft s website to check and see if they have a solution The site tells me that I have ONE HUNDRED critical updates Okay fair enough I don t ever update my computers I hope that maybe these updates will fix my problem So I download and install all one hundred restart and magically my explorer works again However the internet doesn t connect And I start to notice that ALL my devices aren t working My Wacom tablet s drivers they load on startup come up with a little red X My Belkin Wireless adapter is powered up but shows no signal Scanner still isn t working no surprise But the mouse and keyboard are okay Silly me for trusting Windows Updates I do a system restore to the day prior and everything is magically resolved The computer works just fine again except scanner of course Connects to internet explorer isn t freaking out except I STILL can t install load up anything new So I start getting harassed about getting the MagicJack functional I like an idiot try the windows updates again I pick out all the seemingly extraneous ones hoping that the barebones updates will fix my woes and NOT make them worse Well I was wrong The status as of now Computer starts up fine if a little slow My startup programs open fine but the internet is off devices aren t working Now suddenly I can t open the Control Panel At all Explorer refreshes when I try to start it up Applications work fine System restore doesn t open at ALL so that s a no-go not even if I quot Run gt rstrui exe quot Safe mode is even WORSE Explorer just refreshes continually in safe mode I can get into task manager and the quot Run quot box but it seems to be on some sort of bizarre timer I click quot New Task quot or quot Run quot and have to type REALLY quickly other wise the box closes and explorer refreshes Sys Restore won t open from msconfig either The error message that I get I can never catch it long enough to get it word for word so I apologise is that rstrui exe can t be found make sure I typed it correctly and try again My apologies for the excessiv... Read more

A:My Computer Hates Change : Explorer.exe, control panel, system restore problems

How about safe mode with networking? press F8 as soon as you turn on the computer and select safe mode with networking. Try a system restore from MSconfig. In Msconfig you have a button that says Lauch system restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-hates-change-explorer-exe-control-panel-system-restore-problems.833844/
Relevancy 76.54%

When I access Windows Explorer I like to have My Computer as the starting platform. How do I change my system over so that it will do that?

Thanks.

A:How do I get Windows Explorer to open on My Computer instead of My Documents?

Actually I just open my computer and hit the "Folders" button on the toolbar.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-get-windows-explorer-to-open-on-my-computer-instead-of-my-documents-126423.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Whenever I turn on my laptop and try to open folders such as My Documents, My Computer or Control Panel, they pop up for a second and then vanish; and occasionally they take my desktop with them, and I have to restart the computer to get it back.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1720 and running Vista.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm totally stumped!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-documents-control-panel-windows-disappear.684398/
Relevancy 75.68%

My desktop comes and goes, nothing can be accessed from the "Start" button, I can't go to Google, and AVG identified Virtumonde in its scan. Please, please help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-access-c-documents-task-manager-control-panel-283608.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I downloaded a password Documents locked/hidden My folder Control under Panel protection program called Folder Access It was causing lots of issues so I decided to uninstall it But when I did since I had My Documents folder password protected the whole folder was locked for some reason Now the quot My documents quot folder has a control panel icon on it and displays the control panel when I attempt to open it The folder properties under the control panel icon still show that the folder size is GB and has about folders and files which is about right for my documents but it is just an ordinary quot folder quot and not a quot File folder quot Also the folder has quot ec - aea- -a dd- b d quot next to it I believe this is the GUID for the control panel So all my data is still there but somehow is hidden under a second control panel link The system created another My Documents which is pretty much empty Can someone please help me make this folder accessible to me again or give me any ideas to change registries or find the lost files THANKS nbsp

A:My Documents folder locked/hidden under Control Panel

Personally, I would try reinstalling the program Folder Access and using the original password used to password protect the My Documents folder to unencrypt the folder.

After that I would uninstall the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-documents-folder-locked-hidden-under-control-panel.504533/
Relevancy 74.82%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R GM GME Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard IBM W Not Available VJ NX BA KV Antivirus Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hey I noticed this was posted a few times but I had attempted the solutions there and didn t seem to work Every time I open a folder any folder explorer exe either freezes a crashe Documents) open Computer, Everytime I Explorer.exe My My folder(e.g. or crashes I tried being patient to see if it was just running incredibly slow to no avail Please help I have included the log file Everytime I open a folder(e.g. My Computer, My Documents) Explorer.exe crashe of my processes running below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Everytime I open a folder(e.g. My Computer, My Documents) Explorer.exe crashe WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Everytime I open a folder(e.g. My Computer, My Documents) Explorer.exe crashe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system drivers dcfssvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Common Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Common Logger logmon exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcMurocHlpr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Client Security Solution cssauth exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage SafeGuard PrivateDisk pdservice exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTSche... Read more

A:Everytime I open a folder(e.g. My Computer, My Documents) Explorer.exe crashe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everytime-i-open-a-folder-e-g-my-computer-my-documents-explorer-exe-crashe.977313/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,

My windows explorer.exe has been crashing for the past few months when I open up a folder (e.g. My Documents, My computer). It doesn't happen everytime and I think I need to have all the folders closed and then open one up for explorer.exe to crash.

Here's what I found in event viewer:

Event ID: 1000
Description:
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.3156, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x025d6810.

Data:
0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 6c696146
0010: 20657275 70786520 65726f6c 78652e72
0020: 2e362065 39322e30 332e3030 20363531
0030: 75206e69 6f6e6b6e 30206e77 302e302e
0040: 6120302e 666f2074 74657366 35323020
0050: 31383664 0a0d30

Let me know if you need any other information.

thanks,
Jimmy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-exe-crashes-when-i-open-folder-e-g-my-documents-my-computer-179320.html
Relevancy 72.67%

afternoon everyone here goes the first post i have panel or unable "properties" to control My of open Computer what has become a very unable to open control panel or "properties" of My Computer frustrating problem with a pc it is one a friend has given to me to fix but i'm not having much luck at this unable to open control panel or "properties" of My Computer point the pc is riddled with various malware viruses and i've managed to clean the majority off there is obviously some still laughing at me on there though because i am unable to access the control panel this is either from the start menu typing in the run textbox quot control exe quot or navigating to C windows system control exe This is the admin account of the pc Following instructions I have found on this forum and others i have run a scan using hijackthis which is posted below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exe C Program Files SonicWALL SSL-VPN NetExtender NEService exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files SonicWALL SSL-VPN NetExtender NEGui exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files AOL aoltray exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlan t exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE F hijackthis sfx exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www skybroadband com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell co uk myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http watson microsoft com dw dcp a amp BRAND WINDOWS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky Broadband F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system proper exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - D B - - DE -AE - B B F - C WINDOWS system bronto dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF -... Read more

A:unable to open control panel or "properties" of My Computer

Can you get to the system properties if you go into Control Panel > System? (Classic View)

Also, you can try opening regedit (Start > run type "regedit" w/o quotes) and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Delete the keys:
NoPropertiesMyComputer
NoControlPanel

If the NoControlPanel key is not present you can find it most likely in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

As far as your log goes, please re-post it in the HijackThis forum section. Please click on the 5 Steps link below for instructions on posting a log. The HijackThis analysts will help you remove any additional spyware from your system.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-open-control-panel-or-properties-of-my-computer-198222.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Chrome goes to a page that never loads then hangs and the Java Control panel won't open just the box frame of it will show.

I've done just about everything I possibly can to remove java from the computer with exception to a re-format; something I'd rather not have to do.

Chrome works in the machine's account, but not the Domain account. I am the admin of the domain Java works on every other machine but this.

Win7x64
Latest chrome
Latest Java
Tried removing everything from the registry that had sun/oracle/java in the name. Tried solutions in:

http://www.sevenforums.com%2Fsoftwar...wont-open.html

Even tried removing the entire account and the user directory associated with it.

Nothing has worked. I am at my wits end and am ready to call it a day and format the system. It's been months since chrome was working right.

A:Chrome won't open, Java control panel won't open..

Why not try some other browser, you can try Nightly this is basically Firefox for x64 windows, it works perfectly on my computer for few months, no crashes, fast and stable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/311489-chrome-wont-open-java-control-panel-wont-open.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi everyone! I am having a problem with Windows Explorer that upon opening the Computer window or the Control Panel, the screen is blank with 4 icons (Favorites, Libraries, Homegroup, and Computer) in the left pane.

Windows gave me a notice about MS SkyDrive was causing a problem, but uninstalling it was of no help. Any suggestions?

PS: Maybe I should remove DreamScene?
UPDATE: DreamScene removed with no change.

A:Windows Explorer - Control Panel and Computer windows empty on opening

Note the green in the Address bar at the top. Wait for it to complete (goes all the way to the right) then you should see content in the right window.

This happens to me some times as well but I have no idea why.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247847-windows-explorer-control-panel-computer-windows-empty-opening.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello
On my laptop which has just been serviced I went into internet explorer and it worked, i then got an error. Ever since this error when i try to enter the following files as soon as they come up they dissapear : My documents, Internet Explorer. recycling bin, any folder, But not things like microsoft word or media player. I tried my computer in safe mode and it all seems to work, and thats how i am making this post, but i dont want to have to use my computer in safe mode.
thanks for your help
sorry if i am in the wrong forum. im not really sure what the problem is.

A:A problem with opening My documents. internet explorer my computer.

Hi and welcome to TSG,

Do you remember what the error message said?

Let's see if it's spyware related:

Please do this. Click here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html to download Hijack This.

It’s very important that you save it to its own folder on your hard drive, such as program files (not temporary files or the desktop), so that it can create proper back-ups and be able to restore them if necessary.

Close all open windows and open Hijack This. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and then save it to NotePad. Click on “Edit” – “Select all” – “copy” and then “paste” into the thread.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-problem-with-opening-my-documents-internet-explorer-my-computer.282977/
Relevancy 70.95%

Unable to open Microsoft Office documents(excel,word) in Internet Explorer when we enforce strict TLS 1.2 protocol (Disabling SSL v2,SSL v3,TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1)on the webserver. We tested by removing strict TLS 1.2 and IE is able to open the document fine.
Error description : We see a Microsoft Excel Security Warning with the following content.
Certificate error
The application experienced an internal error loading the SSL libraries.

When we disabled SSL V2 and SSL V3, the document opens fine but when TLS 1.0 is disabled we are seeing the  pop-up with certificate error. We tried to open the reports in CSV format, 2007 format and 2003 format and all of them have the same issue. Does
Internet Explorer have any restrictions when TLS 1.2 is strictly enabled ?

Note : We are able to download the document using Internet explorer and the document opens fine from local but opening the document from the browser fails with certificate error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bfa6b18-6ae3-427a-9fe1-0ede15f97875/unable-to-open-microsoft-office-documentsexcelword-in-internet-explorer-when-we-enforce-strict?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 70.52%

After installing windows 10, whenever I try to open Control Panel, the system stops and explorer stops working and relaunches. Then, the control panel also closes on its own. This happens whenever I try to open control panel.

A:Cannot open Control Panel

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Windows 10 was released today, and the control panel bug is a known issue. Try running SFC /scannow from the command prompt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/cannot-open-control-panel-1024770.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Logfile of HijackThis please -- open log control -- HJT panel help cannot v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon HJT log -- please help -- cannot open control panel exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C PROGRA ROADRU ROADRU data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run mmtask quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run QOELOADER quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe quot O - HKLM Run C... Read more

Relevancy 70.52%

I have recently purchased a Dell 1545 laptop, windows vista 32bit home premium, I have this minor problem, whenever I turn on the computer for the first time in the morning, I can't open control panel, I click the red x and I click restart, and it says windows explorer restarting. Then when I click on control panel the 2nd time, about 75 percent of the time it opens normally, sometimes I have to do this a 3rd time, but it has failed to open

I have tried opening a new user account, no change
I have also tried restart software licensing and start up SL UI notification service, nothing changed. Help

Relevancy 70.52%

Suddenly and for no apparent reason Control Panel will not open on my Win 7 64-bit computer. If I go to the Start Menu and click on Control Panel link there, an icon for the Control Panel appears on the task bar, but no Control Panel window is open! If I move the cursor over the icon on the task bar I can see a miniature version of All Control Panel Items, but NO LARGER CONTROL PANEL WINDOW will open. Weird. If I just try clicking on the task bar Control Panel icon nothing happens, unless I right-click on it and click <Close Window>, then it will close. Other links to the Control Panel also fail to open the actual Control Panel, and merely produce a task bar icon. Has anyone ever encountered this before? Any clues as to how to fix this? Thanks for any and all advice!

A:Control Panel Won't Open!

You could try a system restore to a point before the problem occurred.

If that doesn't work you could try a full anti-virus scan with Malwarebytes.

You can download it here: Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195735-control-panel-wont-open.html
Relevancy 70.52%

When I try to open anything in the control panel, I get a message:

Windows cannot find C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

I don't know what to do.

A:Can't open anything in Control Panel

Check to see if there are any corrupt or missing system files using scannow sfc.

To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-anything-in-control-panel-508879.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Umm, I keep trying to open things from the windows xp control panel and nothing is happening.

I don't know what the problem is.

A:Cant open anything in the control panel?

hello ,

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

also

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to sliptream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & /)

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

also follow this link

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

read & follow all instructions compleatly / save all logs from scans to the desktop for ease of reposting /if you have any probs. doing the steps make a note for reposting & add those notes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-anything-in-the-control-panel-222704.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

My control panel will not open.
If I click on it, my desktop top screen goes to a solid blue color (like you are ending the process of Explorer) and then my desktop comes back.
I have run my virus scan with all the latest dat files and no viruses are found.
I am unsure why this has started happening.
Has anyone experienced this before and what is the fix?
Oh, I have also gone into Safe Mode as Administrator and the same thing happens. I have cleared out my temp folders under every user name and that didn't help either.

Thanks for your help,
Joe

A:Control Panel will not open

Well, let's get the spyware possibilited out of the way.

Follow the instructions in this link. Once you post your Hijackthis Log (in this thread), one of the mods will move it to the Hijackthis Help forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/control-panel-will-not-open-82684.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hello. what to do when I can't enter Control Panel. It will not open? please help!EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum...Please include what operating system you are using

A:Control Panel will not open

What happens when you try to open it? Any error messages?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274129/control-panel-will-not-open/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello all,
I am new to this forum so if this post is already here somewhere, i apologize. I cannot open the control panel. Whenever i try i get an error saying Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have also tried to open it in Internet Explorer, but it just says that Internet Exp. has encountered an error and needs to close. I have run virus scans from my desktop and from the internet. I have downloaded every available update from the windows update website and I have scanned for everything i can think of and i still come up with nothing. The only time i have any problem is when i try to open the Control Panel. My computer info is in my sig. Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 70.52%

when I click on control panel nothing happens?

A:cant open control panel

never mind, I figured out the problem and I feel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-control-panel.338437/
Relevancy 70.52%

My control panel will no longer open. System restore does not seem to work. Here is the error I receive when trying to open control panel. Any help would be great.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e01da5
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18881
Fault Module Timestamp: 51da3e27
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00066609
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

A:Control panel will not open

Any particular error message when trying to open the Control Panel?

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type control

Press Enter.

Still not opening?

Can you open other items from the Control Panel through the Run command, like the following:

appwiz.cpl (Programs and Features)

ncpa.cpl (Network Properties)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-panel-will-not-open.1125519/