Windows Support Forum

data missing on save

Q: data missing on save

attempt to save file incomplete. file, whether htm or mht is red boxed. cllicking on show picture in context menu doesn't help. please advise.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: data missing on save

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: data missing on save

My guess is that the pages you're saving are getting some, or all of their graphics from another site. When that's the case, that graphic will be replaced with a red x when you save the page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-missing-on-save.251553/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all

Just a stupid little problem with W7 I noticed which is VERY confusing but simple to fix.

I changed via the dialog the TEXT SIZE via the screen resolution in the control panel to CUSTOM SIZE.

With one of the newer "Cinema" or Very Wide screen (1680 X 900) displays after I'd increased the text size to over 160 % I didn't get the possibility to SAVE any documents any more via the SAVE AS button. The SAVE dialog would appear but the SAVE button was missing.

The effect was noticed in Office 2007 (all programs) Notepad etc etc.

Seems to be a Windows fault as this should not be allowed to happen.

on more traditional "Squarer" type monitors -- no problem.

I couldn't find the answer by googling but a bit of "trial and Error" fixed the problem.

Cheers
jimbo

A:SAVE as .. SAVE button missing in Save Dialog (solved)

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi all

Just a stupid little problem with W7 I noticed which is VERY confusing but simple to fix.

I changed via the dialog the TEXT SIZE via the screen resolution in the control panel to CUSTOM SIZE.

With one of the newer "Cinema" or Very Wide screen (1680 X 900) displays after I'd increased the text size to over 160 % I didn't get the possibility to SAVE any documents any more via the SAVE AS button. The SAVE dialog would appear but the SAVE button was missing.

The effect was noticed in Office 2007 (all programs) Notepad etc etc.

Seems to be a Windows fault as this should not be allowed to happen.

on more traditional "Squarer" type monitors -- no problem.

I couldn't find the answer by googling but a bit of "trial and Error" fixed the problem.

Cheers
jimbo

What exactly did you do to fix the problem? You can't have "solved" in the thread title if you don't post the solution...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/102327-save-save-button-missing-save-dialog-solved.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone, my software(data acquisition software) works well and saves data in the folder with full control permissions, but when I try to save my data in the restricted folder(only delete permission is denied) it displays an error access denied.
Is there any workaround to disable the delete option and keeping the normal functioning of software intact, as my intention is to allow the users to generate the data and restricting them from deleting the generated data
Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026639d7-2c52-4c20-aca4-d5e6675b5611/if-i-setup-folder-restrictions-i-am-unable-to-save-data-through-the-data-acquisition-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 55.9%

I am a beginner with tablets and networking. This should be an easy answer.

I have a new tablet. TCL 9020A Android ver 5.0. This is thru At&t network LTE cellular data. My question is, can I use wifi to save on data usage? I have this tablet and Galaxy S5 that both have mobile hotspots available.

Do hotspots use more data? Is there an app available to reduce data usage while on the internet?
Is there any way to get cheaper wifi than paying for tons of data use?

I downloaded the TSG sysinfo utility but my at&t Trek HD would not let me open it. Please advise.

I love this site. I have learned a lot. Thank you.

A:new tablet on data plan want to use free wifi save data

Yes, if you use your own WiFi network or free WiFi hotspots, you won't be using your cellular data. You can connect to those in your wireless network settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-tablet-on-data-plan-want-to-use-free-wifi-save-data.1152577/
Relevancy 51.6%

no buttons in the window to save a file when using latest version chrome.
did a reinstall of chrome, same did a reset chrome same
did sfc in windows, no probs found.
Did a virus check, nothing found

HELP!

A:save and save as buttons missing win 7

here is a screenshot of what I get when I try to download a file from internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400792-save-save-buttons-missing-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

no buttons in the window to save a file when using latest version chrome.
did a reinstall of chrome, same did a reset chrome same
did sfc in windows, no probs found.
Did a virus check, nothing found

HELP!

A:save and save as buttons missing win 7

here is a screenshot of what I get when I try to download a file from internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/400792-save-save-buttons-missing-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,
Can someone help me with this issue in the Crystal Report

I am using Crystal Report 2011 and Oracle database.
My query is to output some columns in 2 different table(A,B).
After run query, there is 126,978 rows in the result.
In table A, there are 36 different types. The result shows same
in the Oracle Sql Development and Crystal Report (126,978 rows).
it also shows 36 different types in the details section. But when I right click
on that column, there is 23 different types and missing other 13 types.
I tried many ways but without successful (still missing).
Is there any problem with the software? Data missing hence I cannot create correct
dynamic parameter. If it does not show all 36 different type, then my query possibly
wrong, but it can show in the details section, then browse data option should show all 36 types right?
Do you have any idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crystal-report-missing-data-in-the-browse-data-under-database-fields.1111833/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,

Here is what I want to do with my current excel file:
Click Save button to save all required data to another sheet
The number highlighted in reed need to be auto increment (+1) each time save button is click
Then the file will save as a new excel file with the form number (SRF-ABC-1001-14.xls)
And clear the current form and exit excel

Please refer my attached file for the sample what I want to do.

Please note the number highlighted in red should be auto increment number, once click save button, the file will automatic save as a new excel with the Form name.

Thank you so much for your help and time reading this.

A:vba to save file as a new file and record data into existing data sheet

anyone able to assist me?

I'm looking forward to learn hence I appreciate each code have a comment on top of it and provide me some samples of code and I'll workout the rest.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-to-save-file-as-a-new-file-and-record-data-into-existing-data-sheet.1134334/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a problem. Everytime I log off my computer and log back on, It never saves the downloads and stuff I did. It logs on to a older day or state it was in. All the new stuff I did on it wont automaticly save when I log off. What am I doing worng how can I save my data so whn I log back on it will be there???

A:how do I save my data when I log off help plz

Sounds like someone has set up some virtual environment. Do you have DeepFreeze, or use Sandbox IE, Acronis "Try&Decide", or something similar?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-save-my-data-when-i-log-off-help-plz.743107/
Relevancy 49.02%

Help please,i have done my first system backup in windows7 i used 6 disks,my question to you is should i do a system image ,will this save me DVDs at the moment my PC want to do a backup each month i have to change the settings ,im googling this at the moment.What is the best way to save my data so i can use it if need be,and do i need to do a backup each month.
Cheers Rob

A:What is the best way to save my data?

You don't want to use DVDs for backups. They will ne unmangeable and it will be expensive in the long run. Use an external disk of 500GB or more.

The system you should image - I do that 2 or 3 times per week. Data belongs on a seperate data partition. There you have several options. Imaging is one, but sync is faster. The frequency depends on the rythm of change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/277284-what-best-way-save-my-data.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I need some help... Some virus ****** up my pc, and i cant even turn it on. As soon as i turn it on i get a bsod.. If u need i can tell u what the bsod says, but icbf now since im writing from my cekphone so it takes long. How can i fix ittt.... If the only way is to reinstall windows, is there ANY way i can save my data. I got some really important documents there. Please help asap.

Thanks

A:Any way to save my data?

Bump?
Also i forgot to mention that i tried safe mode, but i cant get into save m, because f8 never worked for this pc... I had to do it from msconfig, but now i cant even do that because nnw i cant turn it on at all. Boot screen just freezes..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-way-to-save-my-data-421987.html
Relevancy 49.02%

A friend wants me to save the data from an old IDE hd...so I have plugged it into my windows 7 computer with an external USB system. The drive powers up but Computer does not see it. So I go into drive management and I was look for it when I found it it says I must initialize the drive before windows will recognize it. The problem is I am trying to save the data and I am sure this will format over it.

Any suggestions on how I can get to this data. According to my friend the drive as fine before he just got a new computer a couple of yrs ago and pulled out his drive to keep it and get to the data sometime later. Well later has come and I am trying to get to that data?

A:Trying to save data from Old HD

Hello

Is that an enclosure External HDD you use? That suppose to work well at any variants of Windows operating system in order to retrieve those files.

Make sure the cables are not malfunction in order to access the old HDD. Try on other computers if you can access it.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/trying-to-save-data-from-old-hd.40163/
Relevancy 49.02%

so howdy all I first wish to my PLEASE can I HELP! data? save say I must apoligize if my post is in the wrong place or if it has already been posted I beg can I save my data? PLEASE HELP! you fine people to be patient I have a dell dimensions running xp home can I save my data? PLEASE HELP! the comp has passed through several hands and is FULL of malware and viruses I was unaware of noob as of right now every five minutes fatal error messages and the like are popping up a visitor here last night went somewhere and now my comp is threating to crash I have had the comp for two months and I have recieved a huge education in it s operation by just searching it and the internet how I found you however the simplest things elude me just learned to copy and paste LOL MY PROBLEM I have found the dell hard to navigate in two months I could not find how to back up my files and now that may not be an option DLL exe and all other pertianat files are damaged beyond repair my guess cannot do system restore if the comp loses power I have to reboot times to get my desktop hours last time I have ultra low cash dumping a ton of cash or even a dime at the moment is not a option I have a ME OS disk I tried to load it with a partition and migrate the files I wish to save no luck I tried to load it over the xp home and keep programs setting and documents but couldent was told it could be done tried to add a second hard drive from another comp and migrate the data to be saved to the second hard drive so I could wipe the primary if both are connected it reads no hard drives detected diagnostics state fail return code when the second drive is connected alone tried to mail files to e-mail account no luck lol tried system recovery disk and can t find the location tried to write files to disk and floppy but the disks are too small plus I am not sure if I can do it without missing key info the files I wish to save are my pictures all my music all and a game file AA the game not so important the music and pictures are in most cases ireplacable and took countless hours to accumulate all I want to do is back up the files and wipe the hard drive and reinstall the files sounds simple eh well not so for me if the comp crashes I lose it all right now a key stroke takes a second or two to register if anyone can help me I would be the happiest guy in the world but remember I am quite nieve to comp operation binary is not in my vocabulary lol and so if you need more info please tell me and THANK YOU VERY MUCH nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

My win in on an SSD My HDD for data had been working fine for years After win had frozen I pressed the reset button When the maching was booting it took I HDD or Data? Can save my a very long time at quot Detect IDE drives quot In Windows Disk Management could NOT detect my HDD I thought that my HDD had crashed But the BIOS CAN see the HDD What's more when I booted from MiniTool Partition Wizard bootable cd the software could see my HDD partitions and when I clicked on a partition and selected Explore How to Explore Partition MiniTool Partition Wizard Tutorial I saw my files But when I tried to Copy a partition How to Copy Partition MiniTool Partition Wizard Tutorial from the HDD to the SSD it has unallocated space the process stoped at I Can I save my HDD or Data? waited for ' clicked Cancel nothing happened and I pressed reset How can I copy the partition successfully from the HDD Should I wait more time How much Do you think my HDD is health enough to read the data How can I read the data Thanks

A:Can I save my HDD or Data?

I repeated the copy partition process. It went quickly to 23% and then it stopped. The common thing with the first try was that the copy partition bar and the copy data bar were at 46% and 7% respectively:

I ran a surface test with the same tool. It stopped at a disk block for some minutes and it marked the next 2 blocks as errors. And then, 1 more:

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378486-can-i-save-my-hdd-data.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there I'm still very happy with my XP Pro but I thought I'd set up a dual boot with Win ultima and check it out So I popped in another hdd that was menu partition boot data and Missing missing sitting idly in a drawer and installed on it I fully expected that Win would be able to see there's an XP installation and create a boot menu But nooo it refuses to Missing boot menu and missing data partition acknowledge another OS beside it and starts when I hit the switch Missing boot menu and missing data partition So I always need to call the bios boot menu and I kinda don't like that I'm jaded I expect my pc to start up unattended while I brew my tea Start up XP Missing boot menu and missing data partition that is I lurked around here for a bit and found some hints I copied the boot folder and the bootmgr file into my XP root and tried to repair with the Win DVD But nothing came of it It doesn't see XP and I've no clue about drivers for it But the drive with XP on it appears in red now in explorer window scratcheshead The second issue and that's a BIG issue one of my data partitions is simply not there It's the primary partition of a hdd which secondary partition shows up just fine I wouldn't have been surprised if the XP OS partition would've been invisible but that one shows up as drive d And it's yet another hdd Okay now it gets confusing here's my setup under XP Disk C XP and F TB Disk G and H TB Disk D Seven GB and that's what it looks like on approximately haven't found the disk management yet Disk C Seven Disk D XP and F Disk H So my G drive just doesn't show up Only thing I noticed about it was that it is active That an issue This is a real bummer because it prevents me from doing exactly what I intended to do with my spanking new testing applications and stuff That drive is my archive with all my programs and game stuff Can anyone give me a hand in solving these two problems or should I kick and pout about it Hey alt least I already managed to get Firefox running with all my extensions and settings which also refused at first Thought I'd mention that I actively tried to find solutions just wasn't as successuful with those two things And if you answer please use plain language for a non native speaker to comprehend Thanks

A:Missing boot menu and missing data partition

While installing , Windows 7 does recognize an older version (such as xp), so a boot menu should be created in this way. If not, you are to configure the boot menu after completion of the installation. Thare are some ways to do that. Are you dual booting xp and seven now?

"But the drive with XP on it appears in red now in explorer window *scratcheshead*." -- Can you post a screenshot of this thing?

It appears from your post that you can boot from either os. If xp is not there in boot menu, are you choosing the drive to boot up in each time?

Please post the screenshots of your disk management to reveal the issue of G drive clearly, from both in xp and 7. But apparently it shouldnot be a active one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/68126-missing-boot-menu-missing-data-partition.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all I am running Windows Pro and have just installed an gb SSD and also have a tb HDD I have put the OS and various programs onto the SDD I want to be able to have all data for all users pointed to save onto the HDD I will then get a tb USB HDD to back up the tb HDD - next step I am getting very confused about how to make sure all documents pictures music videos automatically get saved onto the how data , on for to to set installed up HDD New SSD save HDD rather than defaulting to the SSD I also have user accounts for the family and I ideally want all photos videos music but not documents in just one location so I end up with don't multiple copies of the same files saved by each user they should all be access the same files Can someone point me to some simple instructions I can follow to make this happen I browsed the tutorials but could not find what I needed sorry if it exists and I missed it Thanks Tony

A:New SSD installed , how to set up for data to save on HDD

I did the same, I just moved the user folders I wanted to move over to my hard drive and off the SSD that my OS is on.

I believe this is what you are looking for:

User Folders - Change Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums

Look at option 2 as I believe that is what you want to do - just move the user folders rather than the whole profile...

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/38478-new-ssd-installed-how-set-up-data-save-hdd.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello again, everyone:

Question: How do I save data files to a blank CD? Second question, if the blank CD holds 700mg. can I continue adding files to it (at different times) until the blank CD is filled to capacity?

I asked this question a couple of days ago, but I only got one reply, but it did not answer the question I am trying to find out "How do I save data-files to a blank CD. Anyone out there who can help, I sure would appreciate it if you can give me some specific info on how to do it. Also, would appreciate it if you can answer question #2 (above).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Respectfully,

Malibu 7

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Everyone,
A few month's ago my old laptop gave up the ghost and so I asked the local computer geek to take out the hard drive and memory sticks. I thought that was how to save all my "stuff", and he tech did not say otherwise, so I hope I did the right thing?
Anyway, while I wait until I can afford to get a new laptop.......here is my question:...Can I go to a computer store and have all that data put on a CD? Then when I get my laptop I can just transfer the data?
Thank you.t

A:How do I save data from old laptop?

Yes. But it will be cheaper to do it yourself with one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-CB-ISATAU2-Supports-2-5-Inch-5-25-Inch/dp/B000J01I1G/ref=pd_cp_e_1
http://www.amazon.com/IDE-SATA-USB-Cable-Adapter/dp/B000YJBL78

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-save-data-from-old-laptop.175873/
Relevancy 48.59%

One of my WD Green 2tb drives has become raw and can't be used.
Windows will not complete a format of it.
Shows up in my computer.
Is there any way of saving this drive?

A:Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
diskpartlist disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW driveselect disk # ======> is the number in step 2cleanexit
Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32601-save-raw-drive-dont-want-data.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Save data from laptop HD?

The data on a desktop computer can be saved if the HD is still ok and can be "slaved" to another computer.

Can I do that w/ a laptop HD that won't completly bootup?

Relevancy 48.59%

Any data save in the desktop or apllication instal in "c " drive .Next restart it will disappear without application software.It working same as defreeze.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

My Inspiron 5150( Windows XP) laptop Hard drive stop functioning and what I would like to do is transfer the data to my HP desktop(Windows 7). I read somewhere that if I buy an 2.5" USB Hard Drive Enclosure and a software to get the data back, that would do the trick. Please advice me as to the best way to go about this. I am not an expert on computers but can follow instructions.

Thank You

A:Corrupt HD need to save data

an 2.5" USB Hard Drive Enclosure and a software to get the data back, Click to expand...

you dont need software - should just be able to attach the Now USB drive to a PC and access like an external drive - you may have some access denied issues

BUT

you could try
UBUNTU
It may be possible to boot from another Operating System
This will at least test the Hardware and also see if you can see the Harddrive and possibly get data off.

If you have another PC with a cdwriter and spare CD
goto http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download the ISO http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

YOu can also run from a USB device now - if the Machine supports booting off a USB Stick
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

full details are here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

click on the image "download ubuntu"
Select a location
then begin download
Save the file onto your PC – remember where you saved it – so you can find it again to create the image bootable CD.

You do NOT copy the ISO file onto a CD - you have to use the ISO to create a bootable CD
The CD creator software you have on the PC may have an option to create an image from an ISO
If not - use this free program http://www.imgburn.com/

When the UBUNTU CD boots - you will see the following options
1) Try ubunto without any change to your computer
2) Install ubuntu
3) Check CD for defects
4) Test memory
5) Boot from first hard disk.

Use OPTION 1 "Try ubunto without any change to your computer" ONLY this option this will run from the CD and not install onto your harddrive - be careful, if you do install onto the PC - you will wipe the data and software OFF your hard drive.., so repeat only use option 1

Now you should see a UBUNTU desktop
This at least proves the main parts of the PC are working

You may see your Harddrive on the desktop - if not have in look in the places on the tool bar at the top of the screen.

If you can see your harddrive – see if you can find the your datafiles –
XP look in “documents and settings” under the user name you had on the PC
Vista/Windows 7 look in “user” under the user name you had on the PC

Now if you have a USB flash drive or external harddrive – you should be able to copy your data from the harddrive onto the USB device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupt-hd-need-to-save-data.958475/
Relevancy 48.59%

For some reason my hDD on a USB 3.0 hub's partition info is now RAW and when I plug in the drive windows says I need to format it.
Ive ran the program Active Partition Recovery and the file systems are RAW, within the "tree" of the program I CAN navigate through the folders and find all my data - I just cant save it using that program. So the data is still there I just need an easy program to get it. Ive tried Easus to get it but fails. I believe there's a CRC error on the drive but cant check it with CHKDSK as "the drive is not recognised".
Any help?

A:HDD is now in RAW format - help to save data

Try MiniTool Power Data Recovery 6.6 How to recover data from RAW hard drive?

It is free for home users. Follow the instructions in the web page to get it free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234727-hdd-now-raw-format-help-save-data.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hopefully i can say this clearly enough the hd from an old computer was removed and i want to take the mp s from it and transfer them on to the new computer s hd the old hd has an OS windows on it the new hd is running Win XP the old hd is set to slave and is reckognized by WinXP disk management says that it is both healthy and active however it it save some an accessing data HD to OS on old with old has not been assigned a drive letter the only available right click options for it are delete partition and help this old hd is fat and the new one is NTFS quot so i have no apparent way to access accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data the old hd in order to transfer the mp s on to the new hd of course there are obvious methods to accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data get around the issue but i accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data am interested in knowing if there is a way to attack this thing head on ----------------------- perhaps the following has a similar solution i have a sata hd i disable it and proceed to hot unplug it then i plug it back in how do i then ENable it you see if i don t disable it and remove it then plug it back in it works fine i just happened to read that cached data could be lost if you don t disable it st btw i am still a bit paranoid about the whole proceedure so if anyone does this frequently without a drive bay i d love to know about it thank you for your help nbsp

A:accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data

got to setting/control panel/administrave tool /computer management
disk management see if it shows up here, if so,right click on the drive box, assign a drive letter
if that does not get it
try a disk management utility trial version see if it will assign a letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-old-hd-with-an-old-os-on-it-to-save-some-data.41053/
Relevancy 48.59%

I use a Dell laptop running Windows XP and IE 7. When I start to type a user ID into a form box, I am given options of previously used IDs. There is one I do not recognize. How do I find out what website that ID was used for? Help topics explain several ways to delete ALL of the saved form data, but gives no way to see which ID is connected to what site.
Thanks for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-data-forms.904308/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi all,

have a new HD on which I will install win7 home prem full version. The previous HD with vista and programs and data will become a 2nd HD on which I want to save data.
should I reformat that 2nd HD to clean it off or keep vista on it? Also how will I tell win7 to save data on the 2nd HD instead of the first HD? link to tutorials? search didnt find anything specific tho I might not have used the rights search terms.

From what I read I unplug the current HD, install new HD, boot to that n install win7.
the vista HD will show up as the 2nd HD...yes?

thanks,

Msongs

A:win7 on new HD and save data to 2nd HD?

Yeah, I'd unplug the existing drive and then boot from the Win 7 install disc.

You tell Win 7 to save data on a particular drive by choosing that drive when you save a file.

Have you considered dividing your new disc into C for Win 7 and D for data, and then using the old drive as a backup disc for data?

Eventually, reformat the Vista disc, but you don't have to until you decide everything is cool with Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/38338-win7-new-hd-save-data-2nd-hd.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I want to restrict my users in a peer to peer network that they will not save any data on desktop.
How can i do this? I have rights of Administrator on this network.

A:not want to save data on Desktop

Can anybody tell me please whether its possible that users of PC can not save their document on desktop? Can administrator have the rights to lock the desktop for saving data in peer to peer network?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388330-not-want-save-data-desktop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I can save photos to CD drive but when I try to save data I get the following message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer BAD Pool Header If this is save on data disk Can't first time you ve seen the error screen restart your Can't save data on disk computer If this screen appears again follow these steps check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any update you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS Memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components press F to select Advanced Startup options and then select safe mode Tech Information Stop X OX X F DOD OX F DOFO OX A Spent two hours on phone with Dell Tech Support on Saturday and problem was not solved Went to System Restore several times nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-save-data-on-disk.828125/
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear All.....

Please kindly to introduce that i am a newbie need your advise, i know this site forum from Kaskus.co.id regarding my problem with my computer.
All of my data already rename becomes *.xblt and i can't open the file yet.

The screen shot as below attached

Please kindly to inform what kind of virus of this and can we cure and safe my data...?

Your kind help will be very appreciate.

Best regards

A:introducing and ask for save data from virus

Apparently you have an unregistered version.

These guys wont help you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579509/introducing-and-ask-for-save-data-from-virus/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

After resizing my C: partition, I have been unable to boot to win 7. I have tried every fix I could find, but to no avail. "Starting Windows" screen appears, then BSOD. Through Linux, I am able to see that the files and such are still all there, but since I can't fix the partition I'm going to clean (re)install.

What I would like to know, is there a simple way to save my settings, installed programs, drivers, etc. (not just files), to an external hard drive, then import them back into the fresh win 7? So as to save me wasting hours and hours more on this problem?

Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD during start up, can I save data?

EDIT: what I typed below won't help you in your case, but it might help some one else so I'm going to leave it and type a new response.

Some settings you can indeed save. Let me clarify, I don't know of a way to save your windows settings atm but i'll look around. You program setting are a bit easier. Make sure you have explorer set to show hidden files and folders. If you go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData you can fidn where a lot of your programs settings are stored. Copy the folders of the programs you plan to reinstall. Also get the folders from the program files folders in c:\. After the clean install. reinstall the programs and replace the folders with the ones you copied from the old installation. This way you will still have you settings for those programs. For example you will still have your browser history and bookmarks, so you want have to track down each and every website again. It sounds like you were hoping to nit have to reinstall all your programs. With Win98 you could just copy the programs folder for some software, but those days have passed. If you still have the installer on your hard drive for any programs you downloaded you can grab those which will make things a little easier for you. Drivers have files that are installed in a bunch of different places, so they must be installed again. Once again, if you still have the installer or a folder the installer extracted to, you can copy that which saves you the effort of having to hunt down drivers on the internet. Hope this answered some of your questions sufficiently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98045-bsod-during-start-up-can-i-save-data.html
Relevancy 47.73%

two questions really, a friend has a dell 2100 dimension with xp home, and it crashed, corrupted files cant be repaired. Q:can I save and copy files and documents in safe mode? and if so how do i get to safe mode?

A:save data in safe mode

Have you tried a repair install which would leave all files and folders in tact ? This shows the exact route but you must be careful to follow the exact route and not to format or delete the pertition .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-data-in-safe-mode.184925/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently installed Outlook on my computer after having reinstalled Windows XP I saved my pst files from outlook before hand hoping to be able to save my contacts and calendar etc However when I attempted to save a test contact I got the following message This Item cannot be saved any Won't save data Outlook 2007 to this folder This folder was deleted or moved or you Outlook 2007 Won't save any data do not have permission Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item Show hide help button Open in help window button Usually this error message occurs when your mailbox has exceeded the size limit established by your administrator Or your mailbox has exceeded the mailbox size restriction of two terabytes To eliminate this issue archive or delete Outlook 2007 Won't save any data messages until the size of the mailbox is less than the limitation imposed by the administrator or is less than two terabytes whichever is smaller No button yes button When I click yes i get another message The messaging interface has returned an unknown error If the problem persists restart Outlook I ve restarted it rebooted and tried to fix it by running the installation CD s repair function no change I get the same messages when trying to save an appointment on the calendar I noticed when I reinstalled Windows that many of the program folders remained in place And it s very possible that when I moved the files I wanted to save from accidental deletion I may have just cut the folder with the pst files out and this may be causing all the problems I imagine that if this is the case putting them back would fix it but i don t recall exactly where they go Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-wont-save-any-data.905152/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new PC with Windows XP media center edition pre-installed I began to get is Windows data! save my need help to screwed, error messages and my PC would restart by itself randomly long story short I get Windows is screwed, need help to save my data! some Kernal error even if I try and start system recovery message which after some research Windows is screwed, need help to save my data! basically means my system files are messed up and I need to either re-install windows or repair the files So because my computer came with no CD s I had to somehow get a copy of Windows media center edition So I downloaded Windows XP professional and for some reason I couldn t get the repair option to appear apparently the versions of windows need to be the same in order for the repair option to work ok so now I download Windows XP Media Center Edition but now something odd happens the CD boots up and sends me directly to this page http www webtree ca windowsxp RC jpg that page looks almost exactly like this except it s blue and there s an option to restart my computer So now I m scratching my head thinking why the hell did it send me here and I m not even sure what the page is asking me I guess it s asking me if I would like to reinstall windows in one of these drives but I certainly don t want that my guess is the version of Windows MCE I downloaded was screwy because someone hacked it and put all CD s into one So I continue reading online and I m not sure if I got this straight but it s difficult if not impossible to repair Windows MCE Basically my objective is to repair my pc without destroying my files or some how get the data in my pc maybe gb or so and save it on my external HD then reinstall windows Any ideas I was curious what would happened if I installed windows into my d drive it s gb s while leaving my c drive alone where all my important data is at its gb yet my cdrive would still have a curropt windows mce installed nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I am in desperate need of some advice and if anyone can help me I would really be grateful I am running Vista bit Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron E laptop I shut my computer off two nights ago as I normally do before I went to bed It shut down without any issues Everything was the same as it normally is When I went to turn on my computer the next day it went through the Dell startup screen then it told me there might be a problem with will - I boot Can NOT Vista my save data? some hardware or something to that effect and gave me the option to either Launch Startup Repair or Start Window Normally then Windows attempts to start has the green scrolling bar at the bottom Either of these options takes me to the same place next which is a screen that states System Recovery Options and asks me to select my keyboard language So I did and hit next to continue to a screen that asks me to sign into my account on the computer and then it took me Vista will NOT boot - Can I save my data? to another page that displayed a box of system recovery tools Being a little confused about what was happening I selected the option for Startup Repair When it finished I chose to restart the computer as it noted that if the problem was fixed it would start normally It didn t start normally and I went through the same process again when it rebooted I tried this option many times yesterday and it isn t working I also have tried a few times the option for Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool It goes through the tests says nothing about finding a problem then the computer restarts to the same situation I have tried many different options including starting in all the Safe Modes starting in different screen resolutions starting from the last known good configuration point system repair start windows normally etc It takes me back to the same screen every time I have tried to use the option for System Restore which stated that it could not Vista will NOT boot - Can I save my data? find a previous restore point when I am almost certain that I have created one in the past I tried the option to go to the command prompt where I tried a few commands The first command was sfc scannow The response was something to the effect of the Vista will NOT boot - Can I save my data? command could not run because another repair attempt was already in progress The second command was Bootrec exe fixMBR with the response being it had completed successfully The third command was Bootrec exe fixBoot again with the response being that it had completed successfully None of this has worked as it still takes me to the system recovery options upon turning the computer on I got the installation DVD out booted from the dvd and tried to repair it that way It gives basically the same options as I tried before but I went through them again anyway and still have the same problem I used the F key to get into the boot menu and used the Diagnostics option This automatically started a PSA Pre-Boot System Assessment and everything checked out I ran a memory test on the computer from this same option and all the tests passed I ran the extended hardware test overnight last night and I will get to those results below It also seems like I tried a few more options throughout the day yesterday but these are the ones I can remember for sure I took down some information after some of the tests I ran and will post it at the bottom hoping to shed some light on the problem I having But right now I am lost on what to try next It has been a while since I have backed up my information to my external hard drive and there is a lot of stuff on this computer that would be devastating to lose I don t mind the idea of a fresh install or wiping the system clean if that is what it needs if I can get my files off the computer before that happens Does anyone know of anyway to retrieve these files Is it even possible Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated I have looked online for answers but all the suggestions have be... Read more

A:Vista will NOT boot - Can I save my data?

Hopefully the drive is only logically corrupt in a few critical areas or the problem lies elsewhere in the system. What you need to do is figure out what panel you need to remove to be able to detatch the drive and then hook it up to another system via USB adapter or directly to a SATA controller if that's the type of drive it is.

Then if eveything is physically ok with the drive you will be able to read and copy the data off for safekeeping.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-will-not-boot-can-i-save-my-data.842496/
Relevancy 47.73%

My 14 month old two thousand dollar Gateway laptop just went belly up - I think it's a power problem and that the harddrive is ok, at least I'm praying for that. (I can't believe that I was so stupid about backing up - I nag everyone I know to do it regularly, and then I don't. ) I'll send the machine in for repair but I urgently need some docs from it - is there a way to patch the laptops drive into my desktop? A friend suggests USB to USB and says it'll show up as another drive letter in My Computer. I wonder about a cable ribbon and call it a slave? Am I dreaming?

A:how to save data onlaptop harddrive

You can buy an adapter to slave it to pc hdd or you can buy a usb enclosure for it for a few dollars.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-save-data-onlaptop-harddrive.431923/
Relevancy 47.73%

Over the course of the last year since I dropped for XP I ve going verge some HDD to of data... I need kapoot, save on the and got a ton of crap from my computer I was getting corrupted registry errors in a regular basis like every - months which would lead me to reformat often Other errors were DLL corruptions and the like After I dropped XP Home for XP Pro the system ran OK for the next months until now One day I got again a corrupted registry preventing me to start Windows I fixed it according to the guidelines in MS com then one week later an important DLL failed at life I reinstalled the DLL HDD on the verge of going kapoot, and I need to save some data... and that started a chain reaction revealing more corrupted DLLs and finally killing the OS with a boot BSOD I reformatted Everything was going fine until I got BSOD D during the OS installation I reformatted again Now it was working but some programs like Acrobat Pro didn t even install correctly I couldn t even uninstall it so I killed it manually Yesterday I got a sudden BSOD then some driver errors then a corrupted registry boot failure I tried to do a repair install and when the system restarted the BIOS alerted me of inminent damage to the hard drive So that was the REAL problem all the time How do I recover my data before the disk gets trashed There s no OS and the XP CD recovery console doesn t let me access any folder except for c windows I ve considered trying a Linux live CD but last time I tried using one of these the computer didn t do anything I have no access to another computer to use a slave connection with the bad drive The disk has partitions the dead C NTFS and the OS-less D FAT which has YEARS of work nbsp

A:HDD on the verge of going kapoot, and I need to save some data...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-on-the-verge-of-going-kapoot-and-i-need-to-save-some-data.435766/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I've got a problem with WD Sync software lately. It was working very well before but these last times it doesn't save some of the files. When I click on file after synchronization it says "WD Sync couldn't save your data". It doesn't save only some of the files (it can be any type of file like text files or image files). There's no logic in what kind of file it wouldn't save. It can be the same file 2 times in a row or it can be a different one.

Do you have an idea of what the problem might be? My WD Sync has been updated to the last version.

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-sync-couldnt-save-your-data.681758/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay so as ridiculous as it sounds I forgot to make a back up, sue me.

But anyway, I have a lot of important data on this USB that I need to save or recover somehow, and I don't want to just format it and try to recover it that way in case I lose it all forever. I have tried several programs that are meant to be able to recover the data, but all have been unable to even detect the drive even though it appears in the Computer folder.

I attached some photos, can someone help me?

Error message displayed when inserting USB:

Properties of the USB:

Error when attempting Chkdsk:

A:USB drive needs formatting? How do I save my data?

Just for information, tell us: What all recovery programs did you run?

From the chkdsk operation you carried out, I see your drive appears RAW.

To confirm please post a screenshot of Windows Disk Management - with your external drive connected.

If it does appear RAW,

Download , install and Run MiniTools Partition Wizard Home Edition 8.1.1. http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

Run the Partition Recovery Wizard in it, selecting your external drive.

Partition Recovery>Full Disk>Next> Quick Scan>Next

Post the screenshot of the resulting screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352750-usb-drive-needs-formatting-how-do-i-save-my-data.html
Relevancy 47.73%

So I'd like to dual boot XP and Vista to take Can change data? programs I save where advantage of DirectX However I would also like to keep full XP functionality and I might also end up adding Ubuntu to the mix but that's not really important I've read that the best way to do something like this is make a separate partition for each operating system and then make one larger one for storing everything The problem I see with this is that programs tend to use the OS partition to save things such as game saves registry data etc Would there be any way to get around something like this and retain access Can I change where programs save data? to programs between both OSes I doubt that simply changing the installation directory would help much Programs I'd like to run between both XP and Vista include games such as Crysis everyday apps such as Microsoft Office and Daemon Tools and modification apps such as RivaTuner I also want to run things like NOD and WindowBlinds which I think would have problems unless I installed them separately within each OS Is this at all possible to do If anyone could give me any information I'd greatly appreciate it Thanks in advance

A:Can I change where programs save data?

Most of the programs you have listed there would require specific Registry entries, so would need to be installed on each Operating system.

If you do want to install multiple Operating Systems, then partitioning will work just as well as adding a ne whard drive. Be sure to check the file structure you're using (FAT32/NTFS etc) as they are not always compatible if you want to vie wfiles from both linux and Windows.

As far as your games go, you could probably save your games on a common partition - but the option will be within the game itself, so every game will be different.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-i-change-where-programs-save-data-260632.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Everyone,
Iam new to this forum as well as excel. I saw a file before that had a button "Save Data" and it will save the data I wish to be saved in another worksheet and it will go down one row automatically for the next set. Somehow i managed to create a excel file with the fileds i need to input. However i am not able to complete it without the macros. Hope some one could complete this and send me the file ( i dont't know even a bit about excel ).

Relevancy 47.73%

I have two Seaget Hardisk First one is GB one on which i have made partitions all ntfs and WindoxXP pro is installed on Primary Partition as only OS for my pc C MB D E F MB each Second drive is GB one on which also i have made partition all ntfs C GB D E F GB each now thats its not visible i dont remember exact values nehow MB was free on C of Drive Today i saw my computer was not recognising partions of Drive so i tightened the sockets for Drive It worked for a while but then all of a sudden my computer hang Then when i restarted the computer the partitions of Drive were not showing up in my computer folder Now when i use Partition Magic it says quot Powerquest Partition Magic has help data! 2 plz unstable, save Disk detected an Error on the partition starting at sector on disk Length of partition in partition table is incorrect CHS length is and LBA length is quot Powerquest Partition Magic has determined that the length can be changed to correct value of quot Then when i click yes to fix it and it says fixed and when the main screen comes up it shows only the primary partition of Disk Even in that it shows its Disk 2 unstable, plz help save data! capacity as MB which was the free space on that partiton b all this happened Other partitions logical partition in extended partition are just not showing up Disk makes no noise i dont want to format it Plz i use this Drive for storage purpose and the Data on this Drive is priceless for me not just all the songs and movies lots of my important articles and notes r on it I need to save it in any case So what can i do quot Any Disk 2 unstable, plz help save data! quot help with be highly appreciated nbsp

A:Disk 2 unstable, plz help save data!

If you stated that you tightened the connection, I would try swapping out the ribbon cable for that drive first. It sounds like the cable may be bad. These cables will go bad due to the heat in side the case. Does the cable seem hard and brittle?? If it does, I'd bank on a bad cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-2-unstable-plz-help-save-data.63548/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, my other laptop is pretty far gone. I had a virus, worked on removing it and something terribly went wrong(I won't go into details). Now my laptop freezes at the opening 'windows' screen. I also cannot boot using safemode. It gets hung up. The safemode problem existed prior to the windows screen freeze. Anyways, I think that it's too fargone to fix. However, I have a copy of XP that came with my laptop (OEM version) of XP Home and I'm wondering if I can simply upgrade to a retail version of XP Home or XP Professonal and still maintain my data on drive C:? Also, are there any other programs out there that can mimic an operating system, allowing me to copy my data onto an external hard drive. I'm open to pretty much anything at this point... aside from reformating my HDD.

Thanks!

A:Can you upgrade OEM XP with retail XP to save data?

Well...the flaw that I see with your intents...is that any upgrade will possibly include the problems that you currently have. An upgrade is not the same as a clean install, which is one reason why most users who want to upgrade from one O/S to another...are advised to do a clean install when doing the change.

<<Also, are there any other programs out there that can mimic an operating system, allowing me to copy my data onto an external hard drive.>>

Of course, there are...they are called cloning programs and they will copy the partition or drive exactly as it is now. Use Google to view the many that exist. The manner and which they work and details of operation will vary from program to program.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294512/can-you-upgrade-oem-xp-with-retail-xp-to-save-data/
Relevancy 47.73%

When i fill in a form created on Adobe Acrobat using Adobe Acrobat reader, i can't save the data. When i close the programs the data that I fill in is lost. How can I save the data? Adobe standard or Professional is too expensive and I dont need all the other features. All I need is saving some online forms that I fill in, on my computer.

A:How to save the data with Adobe Acrobat....?

There are some online forms (only site I can think of is IRS), that let you save the data you type on Acrobat forms. Other than that, the only thing you can do is print the form out, and then scan it back in as PDF. I assume that's not what you want though. Sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-save-the-data-with-adobe-acrobat.531741/
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know how I can restrict users to saving data ONLY in the "My documents" folder of WinXP? I am supporting users who seem to LOVE to WORK FROM and then SAVE TO...floppies

Oh, it gets better...once they have taken their half completed project home with them, the School Principal invariable calls me in a panic to "find it" so someone else can finish!

Goal: allow ONLY save to a specific location. If they want to make a backup on floppy or CD, I don't care - I just need to make sure that I can access and back up all their file from one location (on local PC, not server.)
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey I have PDF Form which would not let me save the data typed into it...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...mm0008egen.pdf

Here is the form

I want it to save the data typed into it so that I can email it to my relative...

Any ideaS?

A:Save data typed into PDF Form

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-data-typed-into-pdf-form.810864/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there.
Just now, I've wanted to check the content of my G:\ drive that is my external 320GB. Upon wanting to access it, Windows gave an error. So, I disconnected and reconnected the drive, and now, he refuses to show me the file and absolutely wants to format it like the old floppies. At the moment, I'm doing a CHKDSK on it (CHKDSK G: \F \R).

If in the worst case, if Windows 7 really really doesn't want to read my data on my external 320GB, I would like to recover data from it. There's a lot of stuff I would LOVE to save from there such like sound effects and videos.

Thanks for the help.

Note : the external feeds electricity from USB and is connected on a hub.

A:Wants to save data from my external G:\ from Windows 7

If your MFT is corrupted, the chkdsk may not really help. You may try to repair the MFT from the mirror with TestDisk.
Another option is to try to pull the data with a Linux program - e.g. this one. But sometimes the MFT and the MFT mirror are corrupted. Then it is going to be difficult.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/82716-wants-save-data-my-external-g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to have the "save data only for forms" option always active.

At the moment if you activate it and then close word it becomes inactive again.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-save-data-only-for-forms.810396/
Relevancy 47.3%

How do you properly backup and then use save data from Lost Planet on another computer or if I uninstall the game transfer 2 save Lost data planet and want to play from where I left off at a later time st I backed up Lost planet 2 save data transfer the entire folder from users gt documents gt my games gt lost planet gt I recieved an error that my save game data was corrupt Lost planet 2 save data transfer once loading the game for the first time the backed up save data worked perfect before when I first played it nd attempt Lost planet 2 save data transfer after advancing in the game all over again I tried backing up the same folder again from users gt documents gt my games gt lost planet gt AND the xlive folder from appdata gt local gt microsoft gt xlive I copy both folders to the same folder locations after the game was installed again months past and absolutly no luck I still get the same error quot THE SAVE GAME DATA IS CORRUPT quot IS THERE ANY OTHER FOLDER I NEED TO COPY OR BACKUP I have searched google to no end and found nothing for the PC version Please respond any info would be greatly appreciated PS I am not yelling with caps nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-planet-2-save-data-transfer.977335/
Relevancy 47.3%

My PC was working fine Then I got Antispyware Soft or some crap like that It blocked all exe files so my raid0. How accident to I MBR cleared save on data? by first move was to boot in to safe mode and do a little cleaning with task manager and regedit I restarted my PC and it hanged on Verifying DMI Pool Data I tried everything I removed all peripherals then all memory modules except one then I removed that one and put one of the others inside then removed all PCI cards then removed hard drives Nothing helped Then I went to Nvidia Raid setup thinking that something happened there and I cleared MBR by accident Now I am freaking out I don't know what to do I managed to boot in to windows from other computer's HDD it worked flawlessly and only thing I saw was TB of data that is unallocated I have no idea how to fix this I am on the verge of shooting myself I have more than years of graphic design there Please Help

A:I cleared MBR by accident on raid0. How to save data?

You can try using recovery software to get the data back. Depending on how badly you messed up, it may not work but it's worth a shot.

EASEUS Free data recovery software to recover deleted files. The undelete & unformat freeware to recover formatted, corrupted hard drive partition data.

NTFS.com File System Structure, Recovery Software, Hard Disk Internals.

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/welcome.htm

|MG| Restoration 2.5.14 Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/84815-i-cleared-mbr-accident-raid0-how-save-data.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My machine hangs (messages shows not responding) when trying a number of simple save or open commands on microsoft office applications. It hangs when:

I try to open a pst data file (archive copy or old back up)throught outlook. I get as far as pressing "file"then "open"then it hangs.
I try and save attachments, it allows me to save as in the top directory (my documents) but not in sub directories
I try a "send to" command with any of the office applications it hands
I open a document and try to save it later in any directory other than the highest level (my documents)

It does not hange when:
I right click on the attachments and drag onto desktop then drag into the sub folders
I copy and past ok
I view all files no matter what the level when using windows explorer

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone before explain my problem sorry for my bad english I'm french lol So I bought a Satellite boot, data? to Can't my Satellite T130-15T - how save T - T in July I never got a problem with but yesterday when I wanna stop my computer Windows stopped w o problems but the computer didn't stop black screen and my computer never stopped I push a second time on my quot power button quot and it was good But after this I couldn't boot my Satellite T130-15T - Can't boot, how to save my data? laptop when I pushed on my button there was no effect I Satellite T130-15T - Can't boot, how to save my data? disconected my battery of my Satellite T130-15T - Can't boot, how to save my data? laptop and reconnect it after I reconnect my screen became white my computer was quot turned off quot and my screen was quot turned on quot and white And I couldn't turn on my computer Since my battery became empty and my screen is turned off too I have questions What's the problem I need a return for my product to Toshiba I have in my laptop data which I need absolutely How can I extract it without lose my Toshiba warrantly Can I go to an quot approved repairer quot who can extract my hard drive copy my data and this without lose my warranty I expect my message is understandable lol Thanks a lot

A:Satellite T130-15T - Can't boot, how to save my data?

Hello

> I need a return for my product to Toshiba?
No, you can?t return your notebook. It?s depending on your country but normally you have only 14 days to return it. After this it?s not possible.

> How can I extract it without lose my Toshiba warrantly? Can I go to an "approved repairer" who can extract my hard drive, copy my data and this without lose my warranty?
If you go to an authorized service provider your notebook can repaired for free due warranty. So you don?t have to pay for repair.

But backup your data is not covered by warranty I think. So either you do it yourself or you ask the guys how much it will cost.

Generally speaking if your notebook doesn?t start (no screen) the HDD and Windows installation is not affected so after repair it should be possible to access all your data and Windows should start again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59288-Satellite-T130-15T-Can-t-boot-how-to-save-my-data
Relevancy 47.3%

This laptop will not save documents or files to the hard drive. They are there when initially saved, but disappear when the system is next switched on.

Anyone help me pls...

A:Laptop Fail to save any data to harddisk

You need to say whether you are new to computers or not and which Windows operating system you have. I remember when we first got a computer many years ago the wife thought that I'd deleted her work. In fact we didn't know whereabouts it was saved and couldn't find our way around. If you are a beginner using Windows 7 try clicking on the Start button and then Documents in the menu that opens to the right. By default that's where things are saved but you can use the Save As option and choose a different location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-fail-to-save-any-data-to-harddisk.208753/
Relevancy 47.3%

my h/p shows operating system not found. i'm running xp home but cannot repair. a friend made the hdrive a slave and put xp on a different hdrive, but no luck in transferring files or even viewing bad hdrive. it did show up in "my computer" though but unable to do anything with it.

question? is there a online program that can trouble shoot or fix sectors on a hdrive as its running in the slave position. i was told my sectors are bad.

i'd really like to get photo's off the drive before having to reformat.

thanks for any help 727scott

A:Sys Crash, Trying To Save Hard Drive Data

Try running chkdsk on the drive: chkdsk X: /f
Replace the X with the letter of the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54426/sys-crash-trying-to-save-hard-drive-data/
Relevancy 47.3%

I tried to repair windows xp using the installation cd and i could never get it to boot up. Dell says I must restore the operating system because the os files are corrupt.

I have hiren's boot cd and can see my data but can't move it anywhere to save it. Is there any way I can save my data or some of it before I restore? Especially since the pc won't boot to windows at all?

Thanks.

A:Windows XP Repair In Loop Can I Save Data?

Get a Knoppix CD. It's a live CD that will allow you to boot your computer into Knoppix (a version of Linux) and copy your files where ever you would like, ie: another hard drive, USB storage media, whatever.

In order to boot into Knoppix, make sure that your computer's boot priority has your CD drive ahead of your hard drive. After that, your data should be safe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-repair-in-loop-can-i-save-data.583311/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I did a factory image reiinstall of my Vista about backup Save data Norton and Restore a month ago My computer has partitions in addition to my C drive The D drive is the Norton backup data and the E drive is the Factory Image from Dell that I must not mess with if I ever want to reinstall to Factory Image again My questions are these Since the reinstall the old Norton backup data is still on the D partition When I go into the Save and Restore program to Manage Backups there is nothing there to delete but the partition shows about full and if you open the partition from my computer it shows folders and data from before my Factory Image install Can I delete this stuff manually Should I My other question is when I try to do a backup the only option that pops up is to backup my E partition I'd really rather back up my C drive Should I just not use the Save and Restore and leave well enough alone Important files like photos and music are backed up to an external drive and I have a RAID mirror incase Norton Save and Restore backup data one of my internal HD's fails Or if it ain't broke don't fix it Thanks Liz

A:Norton Save and Restore backup data

Originally Posted by Peppurr101

Hi all,
I did a factory image reiinstall of my Vista about a month ago.
My computer has 2 partitions in addition to my C drive.
The D drive is the Norton backup data and the E drive is the Factory Image from Dell that I must not mess with if I ever want to reinstall to Factory Image again.

My questions are these.
Since the reinstall, the old Norton backup data is still on the D partition. When I go into the Save and Restore program to Manage Backups, there is nothing there to delete, but the partition shows about 3/4 full and if you open the partition from my computer, it shows folders and data from before my Factory Image install. Can I delete this stuff manually? Should I?
My other question is when I try to do a backup, the only option that pops up is to backup my E partition. I'd really rather back up my C drive. Should I just not use the Save and Restore and leave well enough alone? Important files like photos and music are backed up to an external drive and I have a RAID mirror incase one of my internal HD's fails?
Or if it ain't broke don't fix it?
Thanks
Liz

Hi Liz, missed this post. Do you still have a problem?

Norm

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/201152-norton-save-restore-backup-data.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
I have just bought a new pc, as my old one COMPLETLEY died and i have managed to save the old hard drive.

is it possible to install the new hard drive on my new system with out having to format it using disk management so i can use all the data that is on old drive.

I have no issue installing drive etc, just wanting to know how i can save the data on old drive.

Thanks in advance for responses.

James
Australia

A:Save Data from old hard drive on New computer

Just connect the drive (mind you, the old hard drive should become after the one currently installed or Windows will be very upset). All your data will be there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/save-data-from-old-hard-drive-on-new-computer.51641/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a laptop that has crashed, it wont boot. There are pictures i want to save but cannot get them off.
I have used Winternals to move the pictures out of my documnets in to the root directory so that they can be accessed freely.

I have tried connecting with a USB lead but i'm sure there are bad blocks on the drive and this is stopping me.

What i want to do is install XP again but retain my files on the drive. Will the install let me partition the drive without losing the files on the drive at present.

I know the the dis FUBARd but i want these pictures.

Is there an application that wil fix bad blocks on a drive through a USB leab...........anything.

Relevancy 47.3%

hi I have save can at data I screen boot my Blue a Dell Dimension Not partitioned Run WinXP Pro SP fully up to date Kaspersky usually also WinPatrol yesterday as I will explain below briefly ran Snoopfree For about a week I have been noticing that when I type it takes Blue screen at boot can I save my data often not always long time to see what I've been typing Yesterday I Blue screen at boot can I save my data downloaded a new Snoopfree it saw PBExplorer exe don't know if that was part of a problem Then --- downloaded Blue screen at boot can I save my data ran gmer and rist or whatever it is from the HiJackThis section They ran and I was actually about to post them here when Windows stopped No keyboard nor mouse recognition I pressed the power button to turn it off Turned it back on Get the Dell icon etc as usual at start then the Intel screen I have BIOS A and errors PXE- E media test failure and PXE M F exiting intel boot agent Yes I am stupid I put my windows disk it is SP on that disk which I bought from Windows it is fully legit but not the one that originally came on the Dell in in the cd drive thinking that I am able to boot off that --- I do not know what I am doing needless to say --- next time get to some blue screens indicating that Windows is reloading drivers etc then get to a screen indicating that it can't find a hard drive My hard drive is C as far as I know as of yesterday morning I never tried to change it Did this a couple of times At this point I don't know if I turned a software problem into a hardware problem or what I'm desperate to save the data on the hard drive and if you all can point me someplace reliable in either New York City Philadelphia or more or less points between I will be happy to pay to do that if I can trust the folks doing it Of course if you think it's salvageable I can do it myself I have never opened a desktop case in my life and am not too likely to risk doing that though Thank you I'm desperate

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-boot-can-i-save-my-data-311307.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I install a game called candy crush saga on windows 10, and have reached a certain level.
Unfortunately this game data is not sync with facebook and cannot be sync with facebook
because my previous facebook account was disabled.
If i do a sync with a new facebook account, then it will start me at level 1 again.
I have recently installed win10 on another pc but i want to migrate my game save data over to the new pc

how can i do this?

ie what is folder name and where is it located?

do i reinstall candy crush first on new pc
then copy the save data folder and overwrite that folder..?

is there a an easier way to migrate game data over
e.g. something similar to icloud / game sync etc..

I would still like to know how to do it locally and manually though.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/58021-move-win10-game-app-save-data-new-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have this problem where my firefox refuses to save my data to a website.

for example...I log into yahoo mail and tell it to save my username and password for 2 weeks...i exit firefox, come back in a second later and it didn't save any of it. i have to keep logging back in!

It;s my antivirus or my router, which would make sense to me. I disabled nod32 and it still didn't work, then i disabled my routers internet firewall, it still didn't work.

My laptop (which uses the same network and antivris) works fine.

any ideas?

A:Internt pages won't save data...cookies?

bump bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internt-pages-wont-save-data-cookies.772491/
Relevancy 47.3%

I ve got a year old Western Digital GB mb cache IDE hard drive that s failing There s no O S on it - it s my slave drive in a Win K Server I have it partioned into sections I m never really on that server much but I map to it from my XP PC amp my RedHat PC It started acting really slow and doing strang things so after several scan disks and reboots on purpose and BSOD s it now gets the following on startup quot Sec Master Hard Disk S M A R T Status BAD Backup and Replace Press F Hard save failing... Drive to the how data? to continue quot It ll boot up into the OS and sometimes I can access parts of it Hard Drive failing... how to save the data? and sometimes it doesn t even show up Also every once in a while it ll say it was unplugged or removed - that message that you get when you unplug a USB device I had tons of stuff on that drive Most I have backed up somewhere or I can get off CD or whatever But I kept all the pictures I ve ever taken with my digital cameras in the past several years I d like to get those back When I try to access the drive the quot pictures quot folder does not even show up Others do and I can access them sometimes That one never does Is this drive dieing and past repair or is there something I can do to get the data off it It s formated NTFS I tried a several DOS based floppys that had NTFS support on them This was back when I could see the quot pictures quot folder I was only able to copy a couple pics and then it crashed and the scan disk on bootup said I had bad sectors or unreadable sections or something like that - I can t remember exactly what it said Any help would be appreciated Cory nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi folks hopefully someone out there can help me with this as I rather stupidly didn t make backups for quite a lot of data Here is the story About a week ago my PC randomly blue screened I didn t make a note of the error message which was another of my many mistakes I tried rebooting and it just hung on the Windows splash screen tried booting to safe mode and the same thing happened tried booting to last known data I can drive? hard chance Any save from this old some good config and same thing Inserted the Windows XP install disc and set BIOS to boot from that tried doing a repair and it just sent me to DOS prompt so after a little Googling I tried running chkdsk r which was plodding along all night so I left it be Before leaving for work the next morning noted it was at Came back from work hours later and it was still at so I gave it another couple of hours and still no change so assumed it had crashed and powered off Next I tried running the Windows CD and going back to start the chkdsk again but this time as soon as it started a message same up saying the volume has one or more unrecoverable problem Sensing the worst I ordered a new hard drive and also a caddy as my PC only has one space for a hard disc so I planned to mount the old drive as a slave and see if I could have any more joy that way or at least run some diagnostics Both arrived this morning so I powered up the new drive in my system formatted installed Windows and drivers etc Then tried connecting the old drive in the caddy as external storage Sounded to be spinning up ok and Windows recognized it and said the storage was ready to use but there was no icon to access the storage in my computer Did a bit more Googling and saw a page with a method I hadn t seen before to rescue a hard disc using the Windows CD so just to see what happened I tried remounting the old hard drive back in the system and booting to the CD again This time I couldn t even get to the welcome screen of the CD as after a few minutes it went to another BSOD So have now put the new hard drive back in and posted this to pray for divine inspiration In hope more than expectation nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a hard-disk of 250gb with load of nearly 200gb. Unfortunately there is no backup and the hard-disk not detected in another computer, means possibly damaged. Is there any process to save some or entire data from the hard-disk. It consists of some important data.
Please help..

A:Save data from damaged hard-disc

Is it an external hard drive?

Please connect it to your computer and see how it appears in Windows Disk Management.

Will help us give a focussed solution if you could upload a screenshot of the same.

[If the external disk appears as RAW, then

Download and install MiniTools Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6 from Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

Use the Partition Recovery Wizard in it and try to recover the partition.

More help here: Recover a flash drive turned RAW ? Partition Wizard and TestDisk.

( Scroll down to Recovery with Partition Wizard: SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB and follow the steps therein.It applies to external Hard disks too though I performed it on a USB flash drive.)]

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/272444-save-data-damaged-hard-disc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a spreadsheet and I want to take the current file name (for this example let's say the file name is jo15765). I open the spreadsheet, refresh the data, and then I want to save it in this format...

Code:

& Format(Range("H11").Value) & "Current Name of Spreadsheet" & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy") & ".xls"

Is this possible?

A:Solved: Use Current File Name But Add Data for Save

I used this code and it is capturing the name of the current worksheet:

Code:

.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\" & Format(Range("H11").Value) & "_" & ActiveWorkbook.Name & "_" & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy") & ".xls"

However, the current name of the spreadsheet is Test.xls. I want the .xls to be at the very end of the file name, is it possible to remove it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-use-current-file-name-but-add-data-for-save.1021898/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi:

I was wondering if its possible to make a partition on my hard disk so i can back up my windows xp data on it because i have no windows xp cd and i have an emachines t2682 with a recovery disk...and i really hate to wipe it every time it crashes. Is there a way to create a partition using some kind of partition wizard or something? I would appreciate it if it was free. That would be very helpful.

I'm not having a problem right now, but i would like to do that so i can repair the hard drive and perhaps save everything on my hard disk because i hate to lose my save games, etc.

thanks for replying in advance!
sw123

A:How do i make a seperate partition so i could save my windows data on it?

Have you tried any of the tools in the "download" section here? I don't know how good this one is but partition manager . Hope that helps, good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-make-a-seperate-partition-so-i-could-save-my-windows-data-on-it.46362/
Relevancy 46.87%

Recently I installed a bandwidth metre (ShaPlus)and noticed every time I open, closed and re-opened a page it cost me 100mb or so, so Iv been leaving them open and ATM have 9 tabs open.

I turn the net off occasionally and turn it back on, maybe that reopens all the pages again, but they are not being re-opened so often.

Am I saving data by leaving them open or having a lend of myself?

A:Do I save data usage by leaving pages open?

What do you mean Costs you ?

Do you have a limited account ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387596-do-i-save-data-usage-leaving-pages-open.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear all,

I am a novice at trying to backing up my files and data before my hard drive crashes but guess what, I am here to say that my hard drive has crashed and I cannot do that now. I get an error message : <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

which means I have to either reinstall my Windows XP (which I hope works and I still have to find) or reformat my computer.

My question is: how can I save the files on my hard drive manually since my computer technically won't get past this error message?

Please let me know asap.

Sincerely,

coomstop

A:Hard drive to be Reformatted but need to save data and files first

Read How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-to-be-reformatted-but-need-to-save-data-and-files-first.137683/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello On Aug got infected with dirtydecrypt virus I noticed some files got damaged I have HitmanPro so no problem it deleted infection? best Whats the DirtyDecrypt undamaged to way data? save it i guess but the day after I think more files got damaged after the virus was removed So how to be sure that DirtyDecrypt infection? Whats the best way to save undamaged data? it is completely out followed some manual removal guides but no luck finding such files of the virus since then i use my computer in safe mode Another thing some files were OK so i put all of them in a zipped folder and uploaded it to skydrive i did this in safe mode the question is if i download them again after formatting and re installing the OS is there a chance that ill get infected all DirtyDecrypt infection? Whats the best way to save undamaged data? over again can i use an external hard drive instead of uploading all undamaged data All i want to know if my computer is still infected and the best way to get the survived data on the same computer again after re installing the OS OS windows x i didn't run dds on safe mode on normal one And i noticed this atieclxx exe in the processes Thanks DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files HitmanPro hmpsched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files HitmanPro HitmanPro exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Real RealUpgrade RealUpgrade exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX integratedoffice exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Skype Updater Updater exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Orbitdownloader orbitdm exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x Orbitdownloader orbitnet exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com sa mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Octh Class B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files x Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO CFB - A- B- F - A B CFC A - lt orphaned gt BHO Wind... Read more

A:DirtyDecrypt infection? Whats the best way to save undamaged data?

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: TurorialLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505657/dirtydecrypt-infection-whats-the-best-way-to-save-undamaged-data/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Dell Data Vista save Need - Home Premium to Unresponsive Inspiron Desktop that is about yrs old and came with Vista Home Premium already installed Days ago I came home and tried to boot up and got nothing but a black screen and mouse pointer After several hours of trying quot safe mode quot startup repair and several other options I am nowhere My conclusion is that somehow the hard drive is corrupted I read an old forum here from that suggested rebooting from my installation disk and then using command prompt to run the following chkdsc C f r which I think took about hours and seemed to Unresponsive Vista Home Premium - Need to save Data go through every file in the computer and was Unresponsive Vista Home Premium - Need to save Data apparently fixing various corrupted files and formatting issues However at the end of the day still no luck I just want to somehow save my work files from the hard drive before I buy a new one fyi I m an idiot and tried system restore but because I never did a backup or restore point it doesn t help Any advice would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I'm going to buy a new tower and give the old one to my wife.

Is there a simple way to save some of my files and addresses and also add my wife's stuff to the
one I'm giving her?

Thanks,

Jim D

A:Buy new System, give old to wife-how to save/transfer data

<<...and also add my wife's stuff to the one I'm giving her?>>

Well...just where are these files right now?

Do you make routine backups of the current system?

FWIW:  The CPU is only part...of the system.  Since it seems that you intend to buy a new computer...I changed topic title to reflect such.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508014/buy-new-system-give-old-to-wife-how-to-savetransfer-data/
Relevancy 46.87%

Anyways, I posted a while back about my click of death signaling my hard drive failing. Well, it finally crashed, and i haven't been able to use it for a month, until for some reason, today, it my laptop began to work. Point:

1) Bought new HD to replace failing one, I first am wondering how i can transfer my XP? For some reason, can't find anywhere to make a CD, (bootable diskette can be found everywhere) to boot and install XP. I do have an Operating Recovery CD Windows XP SP1 that came with my old destop, will this work?

2) I can back up all the data, but does that include drivers back up? For example, does this include software already installed, and will automatically work on the other hard drive (like a copy paste action?)

Basically replacing hard drive, any tips on the whole process would be great, Thanks a bunch.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

In Windows 8, how do I save the Login data that is requested during switching from a local to a Microsoft account and vice versa so that Windows 8 will automatically perform these actions?

Thanks

Bye

A:Save the Login data requested during the switch-account

Hello Balubeto,

Since the log in credentials change when you switch, you will not be able to.

An alternative would be to have two separate accounts in Windows 8 with one a local and the other a Microsoft account. This way you could just use "switch user" to sign in to the other instead of switching the account itself.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/25767-save-login-data-requested-during-switch-account.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION EVE Antivirus PC Cleaner save data Media will not Solved: schedule Center Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled I have an HP IQ Touchsmart desktop with integral TV I recently did a system recovery to Vista and upgraded to Win I have been trying to schedule future TV recordings in Media center but after I enter the data and go to view scheduled it says nothing is scheduled The ehRecvr ehSched and WMPNetworkSVC services are all started I have about hours of TV recording time open so it is not a space problem The Device Manager shows my tuner is working properly in fact I can watch live TV Just cannot schedule future recordings Are there any other services I should check By the way Solved: Media Center will not save schedule data it was fine prior to the recovery Thanks Woody nbsp

A:Solved: Media Center will not save schedule data

Keep smiling, things could be worse!
So, I kept smiling and, sure enough, things got worse!

In my various efforts to correct the original problem, I have now lost the ability to open MC with my remote. The computer gets the signal, as noted by the light flashing, but regardless of which button I push, MC will not start. I can open it from All Programs and select options with my keyboard, but still nothing from the remote.

I switched the three services from Auto to manual and started all three.

I did a system restore to a couple of days ago, when the remote was opening the program, but it still does not.

I also found out that I not only could not schedule recording, I had been unable to record live.

I have even lost access to several channels, and cannot see how to do a complete channel scan.

I contacted Microsoft, and they want $99 to TRY to correct my problem, with no guarantees.

I hope someone reading this has some ideas, but I shall continue to search for solutions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-media-center-will-not-save-schedule-data.1123644/
Relevancy 46.87%

I first came across a similar scenario in this solved thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html ---Patient is Samsung NP-N running Windows Windows data save was to file unable \\System32 the for all the Starter with disabled Norton Internet Security Netbook Edition ver and outdated Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus ver Symptoms - cant connect to internet- recurring pop-ups showing various quot failed to write all the components for the Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \\System32 file system quot - can not access folders via windows explorer- quot seemingly quot missing files- recuring fake error messages like quot Critical Error HDD clusters are partly damaged Segment load failure quot quot Critical Error RAM memory usage is critically high RAM memory failure quot quot Critical Error Windows OS can t detect a free hard disk space HDD error quot Troubleshooting attempts - ran several scans with Avira and found - TR Crypt XPACK Gen Trojan in several exe files like C ProgramData okELbvLNiIYhrc exe and C ProgramData g dm Lq mSdJt exe - contains recognition pattern of the HTML Infected Webpage Gen HTML script virus in C Users username AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Low Content IE - installed and ran several scans with MBAM and found recurring Hijack StartMenu- finally I installed and scanned with ComboFix and this is the log nbsp combofix log - - txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads---ComboFix - - - Yolet - x Microsoft Windows Starter GMT Running from E ComboFix exeAV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Outdated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B AV Norton Internet Security Netbook Edition Disabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF FW Norton Internet Security Netbook Edition Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Outdated B E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A SP Norton Internet Security Netbook Edition Disabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c programdata CweHcQeaJGeQA exec programdata FullRemove exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Yolet AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates C F AC-F B- - F- E C B F FA offreg dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC USERTILE JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC UIRESOURCE JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC UICORE JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC TILEBOX JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC TEXTBOX JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC TEXT JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC SAVEDUSER JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC QUERYSTRING JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC NEWUSERCOMM JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC LOCALIZATION JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC LINK JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC IMAGE JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC EXTERNALWRAPPER JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC DIVWRAPPER JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC COMBOBOX JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui WLIDSVC CHECKBOX JS - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production temp wlidui ... Read more

A:Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \\System32

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/427943 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427943/windows-was-unable-to-save-all-the-data-for-the-file-system32/
Relevancy 46.44%

AswMBR Rogue Killer and HijackThis reported issues with my laptop and it seems I am infected with ZeroAccess possibly others with HDD, format to Infected read save do I how I data? ZeroAccess have Trojan, that I can't tell what they are There is also an unknown account in some areas of my C that was not there before with special permissions I ran ZeroAccess remover from AVG and it deleted two files I read on the internet that in order to get rid of this for good I need to do a low lever format of my hard disk There's one thing I want to know How do I save my data from the partitions without taking any viruses trojans ''ZeroAccess is so clever that even if you reformat your hard drive and reinstall your system it cannot be deleted If ZeroAccess has taken hold of your PC the best way to remove it is to do a low-level wipeout of your hard drive this zero filling process writes on every sector of the drive and then reinitialize the disk '' This is from staples com Any help is very welcome and appreciated

A:Infected with ZeroAccess Trojan, read I have to format HDD, how do I save data?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/559981 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559981/infected-with-zeroaccess-trojan-read-i-have-to-format-hdd-how-do-i-save-data/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I mistakenly formatted a terabyte drive and wish to use Minitool Power Data to formatted Recovery using Data save Power Minitool drive Recovery to save the data onto another hard drive while preserving the original directory folder files structure The support page for this freeware is fairly clear on how to run the program and get to the point where LOST and RAW folders are displayed The LOST folder has many ROOT entries and the RAW folder has entries for many file types BMP GIF using Minitool Power Data Recovery to save formatted drive JPEG etc I have been able to save files and then access the data using Minitool Power Data Recovery to save formatted drive on the output drive many of the images seem a bit corrupted but many are OK If any of you folks have much experience using the Minitool Power Data Recovery using Minitool Power Data Recovery to save formatted drive software please help me out with this task Again I want to save the recovered data from the formatted drive onto the output drive so that there is the same directory tree is that the correct term Thanks ----HulaBear PS The files found by the Minitool total more than terabytes from a terabyte drive What s up with that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356088/using-minitool-power-data-recovery-to-save-formatted-drive/
Relevancy 46.44%

Good Morning

I'm hoping someone can provide some assistance to my problem. Most of the morning I've been looking into a users problem where she cannot display any folder when saving. This is not limited to, Office 2013 it happens with Nopepad also.
Ive changed all sorts of settings to try and counter what is going on, Themes, Folder Options, CHKDSK etc.
When i run the application as another user the correct Save As menus show! So my current thought is corrupt user account....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0269b15-9215-4ada-ad4c-9e905a4ce06c/save-as-gui-missing?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok at first glance it looks to be like a case of failing HDD However this is just a new message in a series of white exclamation in yellow triangle box errors that have been popping up in the last weeks The earlier one is Connection is Untrusted when browsing secure sites and I completed part of the instructions on the following link http www bleepingcomputer com forums t this-connection-is-untrusted ---- That issue still persists and I get random baloon popup errors in the white exclamation in yellow triangle box My HDD light is on constantly I apologise but I all Windows - Delayed Failed data scheduler_vsserv.bck Write to save unable did try and run combofix and it did not complete this link describes what happens- http www bleepingcomputer com forums t google-redirect-woes and I also ran superantispyware and removed numerous infections Besides I type one word in google search and Google opens something totally unrelated to that search I type it again and hit search and then it works ok I dont believe that my HDD has unable to save all data scheduler_vsserv.bck - Windows Delayed Write Failed unrecoverabe errors or on its way out I did run chkdsk r from recovery mode and when I restarted the computer seemed better because the HDD light was not on continiously unable to save all data scheduler_vsserv.bck - Windows Delayed Write Failed However It is now again and the error baloons have started to pop up I think I have some kind of infection on my pc Kindly help Here is the FRST log ---------- The process did not create an additional txt file Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Admin administrator on COMPUTER on - - Running from C Documents and Settings Admin My Documents Downloads Loaded Profiles Admin Available profiles Admin amp Administrator Platform Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender VSSERV EXE SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe Realtek Semiconductor Corp C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE Intel Corporation C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae-svc exe Intel Corporation C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C WINDOWS System igfxsrvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender bdagent exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae exe Mediatek Inc C Program Files MediatekWiFi Common RaRegistry exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender bdwtxag exe SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe Steganos Software GmbH C Program Files Steganos Online Shield OnlineShieldService exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe GEMTEKS C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe Linksys C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender downloader exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System mspaint exe C Documents and Settings Admin Local Settings Application Data Viber Viber exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RTHDCPL gt C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE - - Realtek Semiconductor Corp HKLM Run Bdagent gt C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender bdagent exe - - Bitdefender HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit... Read more

A:unable to save all data scheduler_vsserv.bck - Windows Delayed Write Failed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/574595 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574595/unable-to-save-all-data-scheduler-vsservbck-windows-delayed-write-failed/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
Our Windows Server 2012 R2 (Web Server) are having a lot of errors from even viewer logs:

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \:$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.
Can you please explain what's causing the issue and how to resolve this?
Thank you so much.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e90e765e-9a3a-4fb0-8449-245099a72215/inquiry-for-delayed-write-failed-windows-was-unable-to-save-all-the-data?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I am visiting my Mum and she has a Sony Vaio VGC-RA826G running Windows XP Media Edition. Her computer has been running very slow, and keeps crashing. She had someone come over to try to fix it but they had no luck and said she needed to get a restore disk from Sony. She had it delivered today, and has tasked me with fixing the machine.
I need to fix it and keep all the applications and data that she has on the machine. I can't afford to get it wrong so I need your expert help.
I am an Apple person, and don't pretend to understand the workings of a PC.
Please be gentle with me. Any instructions should be kept as simple as possible and given with the assumption that the grateful recipient (me) has no basic knowledge at all.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/save-data-on-sony-vaio-vgc-ra826g-running-xp-media-adition-494430.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Dear all experts I am creating a DB for my Transportation company in Access As of business speciallity we are hirer of several trucks per day at one end while supplier of the same loads to our different either permanent or one time customers at other end I have developed dispatch and recieving data entry forms tables and on that basis the querries and reports but at a level I have stuck very badly For payment to the hired vehicles I created a form and attached query subform freight containing columns up to Select, Save 2007. subform from data Access in and Copy,Paste here everything is ok further i wish to select the entire row Select, Copy,Paste and Save data from subform in Access 2007. data with all columns according to the challan no produced before us for payment to truck owner which can be single or multiple in count What I require is to copy such challan no data and paste save in new table to keep records of paid challan and removal of such records from subform to avoid repeatation or mistake I strongly hope experts like you can sort out my problems within minutes where I have stuck here from more than one week I am first time using the Access programming and completely away from technical and prog languages nbsp

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/select-copy-paste-and-save-data-from-subform-in-access-2007.4069569/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have intel pentium III with 815 chipset. There are two Hard disks attached to my PC 80 GB and 40 GB. 80 GB is partitioned into 6 drives "C D E F G I " and 40GB is partitioned into 3 (K:L:M)

My problem is when I open any application and want to open/save any file
the are missing drives in the open/save window. Only G: H: "DVD" I: J:"CD" K: and M: are in the window. i.e. I cant open/save any file from C D E F and K drives

But when I open My Comuter all the drives are there and I can access them.

Please help???????
Manjeet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-drives-in-open-save.873418/
Relevancy 45.15%

When I select "Save As", the screen which opens is now missing the icons down the left hand side. The rest of the screen works as normal. How can I restore the icons for My Computer, My Documents, etc? The odd part is that when I select "Save As" in any MS Office 2003 application, the icons are all there. I am using Windows XP PRO SP2.

A:Missing Icons on Save As screen

Can you show us a screen shot

How To Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-icons-on-save-as-screen.597654/
Relevancy 45.15%

when downloading a pdf, word-excel doc, from my e-mail an open/save prompt bar used to appear after hitting download button. The prompt no longer appears and I cannot download documents. May have hit "don't ask again" button on open/save prompt. Any help on bringing the open/save prompt back/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/open-save-prompt-missing-677290.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recent places link missing on our other PC when wanting to save a file. "RECENT PLACES" option not there. (see pic)
Same goes for "DESKTOP". It also is not appearing as a save-to link.

A:Save As > RECENT PLACES (missing)

Hello,

Try this: Click on yellow folder on taskbar (Explorer), right click on Favorites, click on Restore favorite links.

In addition: Recent Items - Turn On or Off

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400298-save-recent-places-missing.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
BitLocker - Turn On or Off for Operating System Drive in Windows 10[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

A:BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

No, Bitlocker works fine on 1511 and whether you save your key to USB, use a password or whatever is defined in group policy.

Please let us know what gpedit.msc settings you have made. The various settings are described in the tutorial.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/43699-bitlocker-save-usb-flash-missing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

Recently the folders that typically display down the left side of the "old" open/save dialog have disappeared which although is not a major problem is quite an annoyance when using applications such as Audacity.

To explain my point here is a screenshot of the "old" dialog box:
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4793/dialogl.png

However, the problem does not happen with the "new" dialog with the libraries feature:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9518/dialog2.png

Any help which you could provide would be appreciated,

A:Open/Save Dialog Folders Missing

Hi there!

Not sure if this is *quite* what you're talking about, but maybe worth a try: Left Folder Pane Not Displayed In Windows 7 or Vista Explorer

Let me know if it's at all helpful.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81616-open-save-dialog-folders-missing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all,

I was trying to remove the homespace icon/title and i Deleted 2 reg keys that caused this problem (99% sure of it.)
When I am going to save/open dialog it does not show the Main Libraries , (Documents,Music,Pictures & Videos.)
Screenshots
Normal:
http://i.imgur.com/wkbn2.png

When I go to save or open [dialog] -> THIS IS THE PROBLEM.
http://i.imgur.com/wUNRp.png

Regedit, Where I deleted 2 folders which I think is causing the problem:
http://i.imgur.com/F5laM.png
Thank You.

A:Save Dialog - > Libraries Missing -> Help Please. [Inc screenshots]

try a System Restore and post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204269-save-dialog-libraries-missing-help-please-inc-screenshots.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

We have one user with a really strange issue. When accessing Office 2010 application on Windows 7 the save button is missing from the save-as box.

I have tried various different things to get it to come back i.e. re-installing office, installing latest updates but still nothing. I have also tried to see if changing the size of the save as box brings it back but it doesn't.

Originally the save button wasn't visible at all and after re-creating the user profile on Windows 7 it is now partially visible (as you can see in the screenshot attached).

Anyone come across this issue before? if so, does anyone know how to solve it so that the save button is completely visible and working?

Thanks in advance.

A:Save Button Missing In Office 2010

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Are all their video settings correct?

Have you tried to repair Office?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/save-button-missing-in-office-2010-a-763001.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i frequently downloand images from Ancestry.com and save them to my pc. I had a hard drive crash and had to reinstall the operating system and now I download the file save it and when I go to the folder it isn't there.

Relevancy 44.72%

I was running System Mechanic as a routine - i e not a virus or spyware problem and Windows XP decided it wanted to do an files (?) Save crash- / missing XP Win Need drivers install of some service pack automatically - which it did an auto reboot in the middle of SM running Grrr system froze when it came back up Win XP crash- (?) Save files / Need missing drivers I came back to just see the frozen screen and SM screen closed - and it looked rebooted Now when the computer is turned on in safe mode or regular it just does a DOS listing of missing drivers - very extensive list Got a CD hard copy of System Mechanic - but now am told if I use it to rescue the computer it will delete my files Yikes My computer Xplio came with Windows installed The rescue disk if I can find it may be in storage I believe also says it deletes files if used one reason I didn t keep it out and easily found How do I save rescue my files I have many years of nonprofit work on the computer I don t want to lose Can the computer be quot saved quot Is there a way to use someone else s Windows XP disks with their passwords legitimate copy on my computer to reinstall the missing drivers OR - can all the drivers be downloaded from somewhere - ideally for free I can prove I have had legitimate right to Windows XP - I noticed Microsoft charges for tech support - guess I am naive - was surprised it would charge for first call ever At the point getting the files off and usable is most important I have a laptop running Vista - is there a way the files can be transferred so that Vista MS office can read the files Thanks Also have many files of pdfs and Publisher nbsp