Windows Support Forum

No wifi

Q: No wifi

My computer will not connect to the wifi at all and my uncle says I have to download the wifi software again ! How do I do that? I have a Compaq presario CQ58

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No wifi

Hey jasminemj28. More info is needed. No software needs to be downloaded, the laptop has to have it's wireless adapter turned on (usually with a switch somewhere on the case or with an Fkey+number combination if it is turned off)
Do you have Internet access at home and also have a wireless router?
Are you trying to connect to a wi-fi hotspot like at a library,cafe, etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wifi.199687/
Relevancy 39.13%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 34.4%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Guys This is Viral I am using an Acer laptop model ASPIRE since the last five years There haven't been much issues with it restor 5100 intel Issues is r as systm installed WiFi link after wifi not d with except for the battery and thats it But recently since last two weeks I noticed that my Wifi would stop blinking after sometime after I start my laptop and then it wouldn't work even when I try to turn on and turn off the Wifi switch it doesn't respond anything I tried searching the net for this issue using my office laptop and found that a system restore would help to solve this issue Since I remembered that I updated Java as well as there was this ad software which got installed and I had unistalled it So I did a system restore and then when I opened the device manager I am not able to see intel r wifi link driver on it I tried restarting my laptop and did everything and couldn't find the driver it was there before Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor the system restore But later on the same day the driver got installed automatically and the WiFi started working but only for a couple of minutes after the restart and then it stopped So I did the system restore again to the date when everything was working perfectly and when i did that again my intel r wifi link driver is not shown on the device manager network adapters I don't if it would automatically get installed or not but its sure Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor that the WiFi issue still be there So can you please help with this issue Help me get the intel r wifi link driver back Help me the solve the WiFi issue as the WiFi light goes Off It would be grateful if any of you guys could help me out this issue since I am applying for further studies and require the internet connection in the night for filling the forms I have the office laptop but all my documents and my Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor software are there in my personal laptop Please help me sir My machine info Processor - Intel Core Duo CPU T GHZ Memory - GB System type - bit operating system Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor

Select Model, Select Operating System, Download your Drivers

There is also a hardware detection tool to assist you.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

If the software is listed in add/remove programs; Uninstall it.

If the device is listed in device manager; uninstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541806/issues-with-wifi-as-intel-r-wifi-link-5100-is-not-installed-after-d-systm-restor/
Relevancy 34.4%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I have recently bought a new pci wifi lan card Ralink rt turbo and have plugged in and installed drivers Initially the drivers the company I bought it from 7 any Ralink WiFi not windows RT61 card, signals wifi Lan receiving told me to install didn't work but after some googling found the correct drivers and downloaded from Ralinks website However these didn't work either When using the Ralink wireless utility it says that the card is disconnected however in device manage it is both connect Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals and the correct drivers installed and everything is perfectly fine I ignored the wireless utility and hoped that windows would still be able to use the wireless card as past experiences have shown to be true This case however I get nothing Windows says that the Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals wireless card is experiencing problems it doesn't show any of the routers that should be shown I have been looking around a lot and there have been several drivers Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals that should have worked and they haven't I would have thought that the antenna is broken or the card doesn't work however when I use it with ubuntu instead of windows it works perfectly fine without any hassle so the card is definitely working Any advice that anyone can give on how to resolve this would be very welcome Thanks Aieden

A:Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals

Have a look at this thread.

Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236001-ralink-rt61-wifi-lan-card-windows-7-not-receiving-any-wifi-signals.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 33.97%

Dear Forum nbsp I have not used the forum before and I am not very technically minded I have seen several posts and replies from members who nbsp have been dealing with nbsp a similar problem to me and I believe I nbsp have tried the solutions posted but nothing has worked so far nbsp I have a Compaq Presario CQ - SA Notebook lost 480SA 10 ... - install notebook after CQ57 wifi wifi - Win PC - Model B V EA nbsp I think it was bought in It was running Win and worked properly but I upgraded to Win in July and since then and despite a complete re-install there is no wireless functionality at all no wireless icon etc The physical wireless switch will not do anything except turn 'Airplane mode' on and off I have surfed various websites and the HP site and think that it maybe the wireless adapter but I am not sure I think my wireless adapter is aManufacturer Realtek Semiconductor Corp Description Realtek RTL CE b g n WiFi AdapterDriver version Driver date Physical address - - A- F-DB- DFile version CQ57 480SA notebook - wifi lost after Win 10 install - wifi ... nbsp I downloaded Piriform Speccy to identify my laptop's components in case this helps Operating System - Windows Home -bitCPU - Intel Celeron B GHz nbsp - Sandy Bridge nm TechnologyRAM - GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard - Hewlett-Packard CPU Graphics - Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics HP Storage - GB Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB SATA Optical Drives - hp DVDRAM GT NAudio - Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp Best Regards nbsp - Renard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CQ57-480SA-notebook-wifi-lost-after-Win-10-install-wifi/td-p/5772244
Relevancy 33.97%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 33.97%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I have a XPS i QHD purchased refurbished from rd party recently installed clean W The Dell tool indicates to me that I should be installing Network Driver WD T WN A EXE Installing I get failure log at the bottom Via Device Manager as mentioned the WiFi adapter under Network is not there scanning for hardware changes does not help I have tried manually installing inf files but I don t get any options under quot Model quot when nbsp I try to install it through legacy hardware I m starting to think nbsp the Wifi Bluetooth component is either faulty or entirely missing from the vendor nbsp I have not opened it up and wouldn t know how / WiFi in Drivers not Device Manager, install WiFi can't Bluetooth to diagnose this myself WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers I ve attached a separate wifi dongle which works as does connecting to Ethernet via nbsp a USB adapter Any other ideas of what it could be Thanks --- nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers N A miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers N A nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe quot vLOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp quot quot nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp ASCII payload log file detected nbsp Installation log file for quot DW WLAN Card quot Log Starts on Date - - Time GetOSInfo Detected Windows GetOSInfo Product Type Business PreInstallSetup Using ini file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp A - D - -BF A- F F DD B - - -BC -A BF bcmwls ini Using inf file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp BcmWLSetup Drivers WinThresh WL bcmwdi inf Installation root C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card OEM is Dell Driver interface is PCI HW detection for installer ResultCode Hardware id is not found in driver inf Either the device is not present or the device is not supported InstallShield script aborting Entering function CreateEventLog Exiting function CreateEventLog Log ends on Date - - Time nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp logo png nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Network Driver WD T WN A txt nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C NEWFOL miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o ... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963521
Relevancy 33.97%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 33.97%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am considering using a powerline system to give me additional wifi cover, but I am unclear how the available wifi connection is protected. They make a great deal of encrypting the traffic over the power circuit, but no mention is made of protecting the wifi connection. Surely, the risk with these is the same as with a wireless router?

Anyone got any experience of this?

A:Wifi over Powerline - security - e.g. Devolo dLAN 500 Mbps WiFi

They did a review of it here Devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ Review | Expert Reviews.

In the review they mention it comes with a default password that you can change later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310448-wifi-over-powerline-security-e-g-devolo-dlan-500-mbps-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys So what i'm trying to do is create a hotspot computer wifi built-in with Wifi card. Creating wifi hotspot using my computer In other words turning my computer into a router I'm wanting to do this so i can use my ipod at home instead of only when i'm around other wifi hotspots My computer Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card. is running off of a wired router so that i can play online on my PS as well I was told wifi doesn't work well with Ps 's normally so i just bought a wired router So the mainline internet cord is plugged into a wired router and then another line runs into my computer For some reason after i make an adhoc connection the computer is not sending the required information to the iPod so that it connects to the internet I've tried entering in the information into the Static tab in my ipod as well and still only get Local Connection instead of Local and Internet This is what my connection looks like through the router using ipconfig all Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kyle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Crommy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List twinvalley net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F- A- -BA-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - B- -F -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f aed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December Cromwel l Lease Expires Tuesday December Cromwe ll Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- D- - A- - B- -F -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description isatap twinvalley net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B C D -A E - DF -BEA -BC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f f fe b Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe f f fe b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes now when i look at other people's ipconfig all they do not have any of theese quot tunnel adapters quot as i have not sure if that has anything to do with it or not thanks for any and all tips

A:Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card.

Hi Cromsy,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that. You are connected to the router fine with your computer, but that tells us nothing about the ipod because wireless is off (but that's not the whole story either - you need something extra to do what you want). The following article should tell you what you need and how to do it: How to Connect iPod Touch to Windows 7 Ad-hoc Wireless Network. Although it says Windows 7, there are procedures for Vista as well (and the software will work with Vista).

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286359-creating-wifi-hotspot-built-computer-wifi-card.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

i just received my new PC with a brand new Gigabyte UD3H Wifi motherboard and a HD7950 GPU.

I installed all the drivers available from the Gigabyte website for some reason the wifi function simply does not work. Also, the screen plugged into the 7950 works fine but the other screen connected into the motherboard gets the message "no signal detected".
How can i fix this?

A:Gigabyte UD3H Wifi doesn't detect WiFi or second screen

Also, when I try to install the VGA drivers from gigabyte, I get the message "PC does not meet minimum requirements"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254155-gigabyte-ud3h-wifi-doesnt-detect-wifi-second-screen.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Wifi not connected and wifi button stay orange what I do tu resolve this problem... im so ............ plz help I try many mathods but they didn't work .........I need my wifi back....

A:wifi button light stay.orange and wifi.not connected

And I have HP 1000 notebook PC......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-button-light-stay-orange-and-wifi-not-connected/td-p/5609896
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I have a Gateway NV52L15 notebook and I am having problems with my WiFi access. I have Windows 8. My wireless networks are not showing up. When I troubleshoot the network adapter, I get a messAge that reads that my wireless capability is turned off. When I go to the Gateway Device fast lane, my WiFi is on. But when I look in networks it as shows WiFi off and I am unable to turn it on that way. When I go to wireless devices in pc settings, the toggle button for the wire device is grey, therefore I am unable to switch it on- It used to work.

Also, while in the Gateway Device fast lane, when I press the F3 key the airplane mode goes on...the WiFi goes off...by comes right back on. Please help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29653-wifi-toggle-switch-greyed-out-unable-turn-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

hi
i have two wifi networks,
wifi 1 >> is on 192.168.1.x ip scheme and windows connects to it fine,
wifi 2 >> is on 192.168.43.x ip scheme
and when i disconnect from wifi 1 to connect to wifi 2, windows still shows old ip scheme of 192.168.1.x ip address and i cannot connect to wifi 2 properly. I have to set its ip address manually and then only i can access that network. other devices (phone, tablet) connects fine while switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2, so dhcp is working fine on both wifi.
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

A:switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2 doesnot assign proper ip address

Quote: Originally Posted by roshanrbb

hi
i have two wifi networks,
wifi 1 >> is on 192.168.1.x ip scheme and windows connects to it fine,
wifi 2 >> is on 192.168.43.x ip scheme
and when i disconnect from wifi 1 to connect to wifi 2, windows still shows old ip scheme of 192.168.1.x ip address and i cannot connect to wifi 2 properly. I have to set its ip address manually and then only i can access that network. other devices (phone, tablet) connects fine while switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2, so dhcp is working fine on both wifi.
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

I couldnt understand your Problem Completly.
But as per me researving IP address for your Computer in the Next router would solve your Problem.
Also please check if the router 2 has DHCP enabled in it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367011-switching-wifi-1-wifi-2-doesnot-assign-proper-ip-address.html
Relevancy 33.97%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 33.97%

'Hello this is my first post here so I am sorry if anything is confusing The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me in order to solve my problem A few days ago my laptop was working perfectly fine But then I turned my Taskbar wifi to turned white and detect unable wifi computer off the next day everything started up as normal with Windows Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then the network connecter won't automatically start So I was left without internet for a bit Whats more I noticed that the taskbar which was always semi-transparent before is now white As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open turned into blue Is computer Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi has always ran Windows as far as I am aware but e way the taskbar and the title bars are behaving reminds me of windows xp I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel and tried to quot Connect to a network quot But it didn't detect any wifi servers Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used and I am using wifi on that server at this moment When I tried to use troubleshoot on my quot internet connections quot it first showed me that the issue was quot The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running quot but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again it doesn't show any problems detected And with the problem of the taskbar I tried to search solutions and found some I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on quot personalize quot And my sources tol me to select an aero theme However all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out and I am unable to select any of them The only theme that I am able to select is my quot unsaved theme quot which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it and the bottom which is the white portion and has a black bar across it All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now would somebody please help me Alnost all other programs are functioning fine but the wifi Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi is not connecting Oh and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness All help are thanked BTW I wrote this on my iPad mini

A:Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Zero

'Hello, this is my first post here, so I am sorry if anything is confusing.

The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me, in order to solve my problem

A few days ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine. But then, I turned my computer off, the next day, everything started up as normal, with Windows 7 Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then, the network connecter won't automatically start. So I was left without internet for a bit. Whats more, I noticed that the taskbar, which was always semi-transparent before, is now white. As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open, turned into blue!

Is computer has always ran Windows 7 as far as I am aware, but e way the taskbar, and the title bars, are behaving, reminds me of windows xp.

I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem. I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel, and tried to "Connect to a network". But it didn't detect any wifi servers! Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used, and I am using wifi on that server at this moment!

When I tried to use troubleshoot on my "internet connections", it first showed me that the issue was "The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running" but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again, it doesn't show any problems detected

And with the problem of the taskbar, I tried to search solutions, and found some. I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on "personalize". And my sources tol me to select an aero theme. However, all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out, and I am unable to select any of them. The only theme that I am able to select is my "unsaved theme", which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it, and the bottom, which is the white portion, and has a black bar across it. All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable...

I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now, would somebody please help me? Alnost all other programs are functioning fine, but the wifi is not connecting(Oh, and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness)

All help are thanked!

BTW, I wrote this on my iPad mini

No idea what the problem might be but it doesn't sound good.

Have you considered using System Restore to take your system back to when it was working correctly?

This would be by far the easiest way to fix this type of problem, the link shows you how.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286373-taskbar-turned-white-wifi-unable-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 33.97%

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

A:Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 33.97%

So for the past day or so im trying to get the WiFi working on this laptop,didnt succeeded yet. I tryed the f10,f9,f10 ,not working.  HP Wireless Assistant doesnt eaven have any options in it when i instal him. Tryed to manualy instal drivers says its up to date and still not working.Name of the wireless adapter is Railink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter. Hardware IDs:PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103CPCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_028000PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_0280  So any help would be nice.Ty in front,CroMatt  

A:WiFi button not working,WiFi option in mobility center is gr...

Hi To see what drivers are in use, you can try... Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator, and type....  netsh wlan show drivers C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show driversInterface name: WiFi 2    Driver                    : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    Vendor                    : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Provider                  : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Date                      : 21/09/2015    Version                   : 2023.18.814.2015    INF file                  : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem35.inf    Files                     : 2 total                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll    Type                      : Native Wi-Fi Driver    Radio types supported     : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b================================================= netsh wlan show interfaces C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXX1111111    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72 &n... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-button-not-working-WiFi-option-in-mobility-center-is/td-p/5610909
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Wireless connection issue I believe wired works -- haven't tried lately -- but the major problems are wireless ISP XfinityWifi hotspots and or in-house router sharing said hotpot Conn type Cable Router D-Link DIR- AV etc McAfee out of date MSE not genuine anymore thus disabled ipconfig all output included below Xirrus wi-fi inspector Wifi onboard laptop, Dell Wifi & USB nonfunctional Downloaded on my desktop computer USBdrived over to laptop installed run screenshot attached skmk is my in-house network xfinitywifi is a bit too weak but that's not the issue with this laptop Basic issue may well be an OS file corruption issue as Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional Dell support threw up their hands and suggested a clean Win install Install repair hasn't helped Laptop is a Dell Latitude D or thereabouts GB RAM Win Pro SP Onboard NIC is Intel Centrino Ultimate-N AGN driver v from Intel Adapter is enabled but fails to find any networks at all Complete removal redetection reinstall Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional of device makes no difference nor do latest NIC drivers Under Manage Wireless Networks the quot Add quot and quot Adapter properties quot buttons do nothing and under Network and Sharing Center quot Set up a new quot and quot Connect to a network quot are similarly unresponsive I also have a Belkin G USB wifi adapter which works perfectly in other computers but it too finds no networks in the laptop Previously after the onboard NIC went unresponsive I could use the Belkin adapter only in one specific USB port with a specific quot Wireless Network Connection quot name and it would only find one specific SSID skmknet -- which was my home config before wifi went south No new networks worked work I recall running a utility at some point that informed me there were quite a few active networks within range but couldn't give me any information about them Halp ----------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name MNV T -LEASE Primary Dns Suffix QUANTUM com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List QUANTUM com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Ultimate-N AGN Physical Address - - - E- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address D - -E - A- - A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional

If wireless are enabled then perhaps check services.msc for WLAN AutoConfig (automatic - started). Your repair install should have taken care of this though so not very hopeful.

Edit: also try uninstalling McAfee

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382132-dell-laptop-onboard-wifi-usb-wifi-nonfunctional.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 33.97%

This is my first time posting so i hope its in the right place. Here it goes:

I have just replaced my WiFi card from (BCM943228HMB) to BCM94352HMB. Before replacing my WiFi card i done the following:

1. Made computer boot in safe mode with networking.

After that i replaced the card, then booted into windows 10 (safe mode with networking) and checked device manager. Everything was OK (See attached picture). I then tried to turn on WiFi, but it does not turn on. Any help is appreciated.

Hahaahahaha don't look at the other tab

A:WiFi not working after replacing WiFi card [BCM94352HMB]

Why are you booting into safe mode? I would connect a network cable to the wired network port, if possible for you. In regular windows, not safe mode, right click on the 802.11ac network controller and uninstall. Right click on the top device manager entry for the computer itself and select scan for new hardware.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/31364-wifi-not-working-after-replacing-wifi-card-bcm94352hmb.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have two Lenovo N laptops Both of them will reconnect to our home wifi on their own I have disconnected It reconnects I have disconnected and changed the tick to connect automatically It reconnects Did those things plus turned off wifi antenna The wifi turned itself back own and reconnected I did the latter plus turned on airplane mode The machines turn on the wifi antenna and reconnect anyway When looking at the airplane mode tick it is still on but the machine is online 8.1 Wifi & to off. Airplane reconnects despite is mode Win wifi antenna I restarted the router and changed the login code That allowed me to forget the network However when it was still looking to get online If I entered the new credentials the same trouble starts These machines share the same wlan with data sharing They also use the same login for Google Chrome so that we both have access to the same bookmarks etc I set it like the above shot and Win 8.1 reconnects to wifi despite Airplane mode & Wifi antenna is off. - seconds later it looks like this Airplane Mode on but trying to logon to wifi If I had not fogetten the network and changed the password it would then log on Any ideas Thanks in advance for the help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527660/win-81-reconnects-to-wifi-despite-airplane-mode-wifi-antenna-is-off/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there! I would lik e to inquire on how can I fix my laptop. I can't connect to the wifi network. Plus I can't upgrade the driver because the driver isn't showing in device manager. Plus, my track pad is also not working. Help please. Thank you in Advance

A:HP STREAM 11 d002tu Wifi Not Working. Windows 8.1 My Wifi ca...

Hi First of all there is an option in Device Manager; VIEW; Show hidden devices  The faint entries are hidden, like my Zyxel G202 because it is disconnected.   Also.... As an adminstrator, in a Command Prompt Window, typegetmacThis will list MAC addresses for those items that are present, and may not be connected.A good number would be 3,1 x Ethernet1 x Wi-Fi1 x Bluetoothand then typeipconfigand in the long list look for named devices have a matching MAC address.Along with Device manager this is a way to determine the number of devices. additionally type netsh wlan show driversnetsh wlan show interfaces and report the results please.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-STREAM-11-d002tu-Wifi-Not-Working-Windows-8-1-My-Wifi-can/td-p/5589707
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 33.97%

how can i turn on/off wifi capability without function key and wifi button.plz inform me.thanks

A:how can i turn on/off wifi capability without function key and wifi button.?

You can go to Control Panel--> Network and Sharing Center --> and then click on "Change Adapter settings" on the left side.  Once here you can then right click your Wireless Adapter and select DISABLE.  Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b490c318-decd-471a-9eb3-18b0a457f205/how-can-i-turn-onoff-wifi-capability-without-function-key-and-wifi-button?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there,

My Canon MG 6120 printer used to work with all the computers in the house wirelessly. On upgrading the wifi modem, it is no longer recognised.

How do I get it to be recognised again?

Many thanks, Tony (using Win 10 64 bit on Gateway NV79 c0mputer)

A:Changed Wifi modem and cannot start wifi Printer

Canon PIXMA MG6120 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer

Select Wireless Help, then select Re-establishing Printer Connection After A Network Change?.

The manual will download and appear in .PDF format so you can read it.

The information and diagrams you need will be there.

Note: You need to have Adobe Reader or some other PDF reader installed first, in order for the manual to load and be read.

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-wifi-modem-and-cannot-start-wifi-printer.1156599/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello , ihave an HP pavillion G71 340us that uses wifi link 1000 BG. I have my wifi drivers installed properly and everything set accordingly but when ever i turn on it on i cant see any wifi signals or any wifi at all to connect to . I am able to use a usb modem to connect to the internet but i cant use wifi because it doesnt show me available wifi to connect to.

A:My wifi card doesnt receive wifi signals

Dear Customer, Please try the below troubleshooting:http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=wirelessconnection.net&section=social   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-card-doesnt-receive-wifi-signals/td-p/5841271
Relevancy 33.97%

This is the exact opposite of most WiFi issues. I have two guest networks set up on my wireless router (Asus RT-68U), one for each of my daughters. I change the password daily in order to make them earn the password with chores after school. My older daughter's T450 refuses to stop connecting to the WiFi, even persisting through reboots. MAC address filtering fails, as does turning off internet access to her MAC/IP combination. After changing the password or enabling one of the more strict rules, eventually, randomly, her laptop will finally decide to stop accessing her WiFi connection. I am fairly certain it is something with the Lenovo as I have two other laptops, one Asus and one HP that both respond as I would expect to a WiFi password change. Any ideas as to why this happens with the Lenovo?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-staying-connected-after-changing-WiFi-password/td-p/3418206
Relevancy 33.97%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have two Lenovo N laptops Both of them will reconnect to our home wifi on their own I have disconnected It reconnects I have disconnected and changed the tick to connect automatically It reconnects Did those things plus turned off wifi antenna The wifi turned itself back own and reconnected I did the latter plus turned on airplane mode The machines off. wifi is to and Win even Wifi if Airplane mode reconnects antenna on 8.1 turn on the wifi antenna and reconnect anyway When looking at the airplane mode tick it is still on but the machine is online I restarted the Win 8.1 reconnects to wifi even if on Airplane mode and Wifi antenna is off. router and changed the login code That allowed me to forget the network However when it was still looking to get online If I entered the new credentials the same trouble starts These machines share the same wlan with data sharing They also use the same login for Google Chrome so that we both have access to the same bookmarks etc Any ideas Thanks in advance for the help I used Bleeping Computer about years ago to fix a problem Now I'm back

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527647/win-81-reconnects-to-wifi-even-if-on-airplane-mode-and-wifi-antenna-is-off/
Relevancy 33.97%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best outcome.@ECHO THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.@ECHO...................................@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER LEVEL.@ECHO A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED BELOW.@ECHO....................................:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]...................................@ECHO.@ECHO 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 33.97%

My laptop is Sony VAIO sve 1711 q1eb my adaptor atheros ar 9485. the drivers are reinstalled normally , the wireless service is enabled , the adaptor is enabled but I can't see any available networks (my router is OK I checked it ) and when I go to mobility centre the turn on wireless button is grayed out and my laptop doesn't have any physical WiFi button or any shortcut
And I am sure I did not install any programmes or something

A:cant enable wifi. turn on wifi button grayed out

Was it working before? When did this problem start?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294599-cant-enable-wifi-turn-wifi-button-grayed-out.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have my laptop at work and have had no trouble connecting the company WiFi (they have Guest WiFi and a WiFi where you need to enter your company provided Username and Password). I have been connecting using my Username and password.
Today I had to change my company login password. Now when I try to connect my laptop I get a "can't connect" message because the password saved in my laptop is no longer valid. But I can't find a place in Win10 to enter my new password.

I remember the first time I logged onto the company WiFi a Windows popup came up asking for my Username and Password (which was saved so I didn't need to enter it again - until now). This time not getting the popup - it just says "can't connect".

A:How/where do I enter WiFi password to join company WiFi?

Thanks for the PM with the solution. For anyone that is curious, I had to go to "Manage my Wireless Adapters" and then click on the company WiFi and click on "Forget". Then when I went back to connect to company WiFi, I got the popup to enter my Username and Password.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/28543-how-where-do-i-enter-wifi-password-join-company-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i am using my HP Pavilion g4-2309tx about years.it is performing very well since last year.But two days ago i found that wifi in my laptop is not working and the wifi adaper rt3290 of my lapter overheating very badly.can anyone give me the solution of this problem?
my pc configuration is:
HP Pavilion g4-2309tx Model#4B12PA [personal information removed] os:windows8.

A:rt3290 wifi adapter over heating and wifi is not working

What led you to the assumption that the WLAN card in the notebook is overheating?  Have you previously had any problems with the WiFi?  Have you made any changes or software installations lately?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/rt3290-wifi-adapter-over-heating-and-wifi-is-not-working/td-p/5698177
Relevancy 33.97%
A:wifi low signal & can't detect any wifi after upgraded windo...

Same issue is with my system as well Product Name-- HP 240 G4-328TXOS-- Windows 10, 64 bits. Somebody please reply ASAP  Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-low-signal-amp-can-t-detect-any-wifi-after-upgraded/td-p/5296494
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, wifi is not connected properly. Network connection list is visible but try connect means,thrown error as unable to connect. After troubleshooting i am getting the below error message "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point".  Please suggest me to resolve the issue.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-connected-after-installed-ralink-wifi-adaptor/td-p/5677670
Relevancy 33.97%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 33.97%

hello,

iam using windows 7 professional 32 bit. my laptop is hp elitebook 2560. my laptop is capturing signal, i am able to connect to internet also. But in wifi icon,on wifi bar cross mark is showing up.

A:wifi signal bars not showing but connected to wifi

Do you have another user account on this computer? Are you able to see the Network indicator in the notification toolbar on that account? Follow the steps in this documentto create a new user account. If you do find that the icon is in the notification taskbar, you may also use those steps to recover from a corrupted user profile.
Let us know if this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366004-wifi-signal-bars-not-showing-but-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently updated my Inspiron 14" 5459 to the Windows 10 anniversary update, i noticed that when my wifi access point changes or wifi signal drops or turning off wifi, my laptop semi-freezes, you could still scroll with the mouse or track pad and select open tabs but that's all, clicking other icons and even the windows start menu does not work, if you wait for more than 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal. Waiting around for about 5 minutes is annoying so what I do is press ctrl alt delete and from there restart the laptop. my wifi adapter is updated to the most recent version and also both graphics card (intel hd 520 and amd radeon m335) is also updated to the latest version.  Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

A:after Windows 10 anniversary update, Inspiron 5459 freezes if wifi is turned off or wifi access point is changed, is there a solution to this problem?

Please confirm the wireless card from the device manger or the network control panel. Also please update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. The BIOS update should ideally be version v1.2.2. Also please try system out with  a LAN cable as well to confirm if is indeed caused by the wireless. Though this may not run a complete diagnostics on the network you can run a hardware diagnostics on the computer using the following steps

Shutdown the computer
Hold the 'Fn' key and turn on the computer
Let go of the 'Fn' key after 2 seconds

This is will initiate the H/w diagnostics. Please let us know if it completes or if  you run into any errors. If  you do run into any errors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988325
Relevancy 33.11%

Sometimes when I'm using the internet, most frequently when I'm using a lot of resources, ie torrenting large files, my wifi will stop working, and eventually go limited. This is always fixed by turning my wifi off and on. I've updated all my network card drivers and have disabled the power management option that allows my computer to turn off the adapter, what other solutions are there to this problem? Adapter is a ralink rt3290 and I think it might be a problem with this adapter specifically, if anybody could help me here that would be awesome

A:Wifi keeps going limited, fixed by turning wifi off and on

Tried to help someone here awhile back with that same adapter, don't know if they ever got it working. A search yields all kinds of problems with it. About all I can say is try different drivers, older, newer, whatever you can find.

EDIT: Look here at method #3: HP Envy Ralink RT3290 WiFi Problems, Looses Connection Drop FIX

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66932-wifi-keeps-going-limited-fixed-turning-wifi-off.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Sometimes when I'm using the internet, most frequently when I'm using a lot of resources, ie torrenting large files, my wifi will stop working, and eventually go limited. This is always fixed by turning my wifi off and on. I've updated all my network card drivers and have disabled the power management option that allows my computer to turn off the adapter, what other solutions are there to this problem? Adapter is a ralink rt3290 and I think it might be a problem with this adapter specifically, if anybody could help me here that would be awesome

A:Wifi keeps going limited, fixed by turning wifi off and on

That is usually caused by a router, or failing networking adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65829-wifi-keeps-going-limited-fixed-turning-wifi-off.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 33.11%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 33.11%

Running Windows on a Dell Latitutde I was trying to setup a Netgear Wifi Extender because the Fios Router does not reach all the way to the after wifi install found trying extender not Wifi to other side of the house I did the setup so I thought the way the manual told me and my computer was trying to connect to the extender but it just stayed in quot Connecting quot For a long long time Eventually I gave up and thought I'd hit the reset button on the extender and try again Now my wifi adapter finds NO Wifi not found after trying to install wifi extender networks All my other devices see all the networks The only other time this has ever happened I had accidentally hit the network adapter switch on the side of the PC so I'm sure that's not the problem and that it is 'on' in the settings I've tried restarting the pc several times as well as toggling the adapter on off airplane mode on off and the switch on the PC on off And it still sees no networks Any suggestions

A:Wifi not found after trying to install wifi extender

Oh, wow wouldn't you know I was trying to figure this out for 20 mins getting ready to bang my head against the wall and the minute I post this I remember an old trick, that fixed it...

Control panel -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> (Your Network adapter) + right click + disable -> (Your network adapter) + right click + enable

Hope this can help anyone else who hits this bump and finds this post.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36813-wifi-not-found-after-trying-install-wifi-extender.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Using this Rosewill RNX-N180UBE IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter I get 10-11mb down @speedtest.com on my netbook and 20-23mb down on my desktop. Why such a huge difference using the same adapter?

I'm using this Netbook from tigerdirect, upgraded to 2gb ram, Running Windows 7 Ultimate x86

My Desktop is running

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
2.4ghz dual core
4gb ddr2 ram
gtx260

Using the built in Atheros wifi in my netbook I get around 13mb down so its no different from plugging in the rosewill adapter. Only when the adapter is plugged into my desktop does it blow everything out of the water. I just don't understand why, does CPU,RAM effect your wifi Speed?

A:Desktop Wifi Faster then Netbook Wifi

there is a possibility that since your laptop has a built wireless adapter it is conflicting not with your desktop there is no wireless adapter installed or anything that may conflict another possible reason is the chip set of you adapter is compatible with the chip set on your desktop computer that is why they work well together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-wifi-faster-then-netbook-wifi.947319/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Good Morning Forum community Member nbsp Model Name - Hp Pavilion Notebook -p TX Issues - Brodcomm n wireless Adpater not worning Problems - nbsp I have been facing the same problem since days and i have tried all possible ways to solve it out but Issues limitation connectivity/wifi wifi nothing work Problems are as Follows - wifi connectivity/wifi limitation Issues nbsp Wifi Stopped working within mins of restart the computer and automatically the wifi icon goes limited and then it automatically become the LAN small PC icon and after that notebook get hanged everytime for re work i need to forcefully wtich it of from the power button I followed all the tips and tricks for solving out the problem and even take Hp assistance help to sort out this wifi Problems but nothing work no one helped me out of this problems Following are the ways i have tried that power managent tick i have un ticked from PROPERTIES by using CMD i reset all nbsp I have DONE Wlan auto cofig to disable and put it on starting update the drivers to the latest Version Installs latest drivers of brodcomm from the HP website or even other websites none of above help wifi connectivity/wifi limitation Issues me out All wired Network are working nbsp super fine but when i swtich to wifi it automatically goes limited and then diirectly hang the whole nbsp notebook nbsp Please kindly suggests the valueable Suggestion and ways to get it sort out it really frustrated now i dont understand what are ways to get my wifi back on working condition wifi connectivity/wifi limitation Issues Thanks nbsp Kind Regards nbsp Spoiler Highlight to read Spoiler Highlight to read Spoiler Highlight to read Spoiler Highlight to read Aditya Rai nbsp Aditya Rai nbsp Solved View Solution

A:wifi connectivity/wifi limitation Issues

Hello @adityarai82, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you tried many troubleshooting steps already, without success. Try reviewing the following steps, offered by community member @Great-Deku-Tree: First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Source: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connectivity-wifi-limitation-Issues/td-p/5665371
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello My family computer has Win OS with internal Wi-Fi Internet access And for some strange only WIFI PC (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT) PC affects Virus? - Wifi reason it now has limited access to the Internet When I try visiting most websites the page loads and seconds later I get an ERR CONNECTION TIMEOUT message The same message pops up on multiple browsers Firefox Chrome Internet Explorer We've had this issue since late January and we've had lots of bad weather lately so I thought it might clear up overtime But the problem never resolved itself we keep having the same issues every day Here are some other details The family PC has two accounts one is a kid account with no administrative rights and the other is an administrative account The kid account is used the most so I'm wondering if some sort of malware came in through that account despite it not having any administrative rights and then it infected the entire PC Non-PCs tablets smartphones etc don't seem affected by this They have full Internet access via Wi-Fi That said it sounds like the issue is a bug that's targeting this PC specifically If I PC Wifi Virus? (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT) - only affects PC WIFI use an Ethernet PC Wifi Virus? (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT) - only affects PC WIFI cable instead of Wi-Fi on the PC it will also have full Internet access Does this sound like the work of some malware Or could actually be a really strange modem Win problem I somehow don't think it's a technical issue I've attached my documentation in the code box below and you can view the Addition attachment here nbsp Addition txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Thanks in advance for the help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Home administrator on DELLA on - - Running from C Users Home Desktop Loaded Profiles Home amp Terry Available profiles Home amp Terry Platform Windows Connected X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe Windows R Win DDK provider C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe C Program Files x Canon IJPLM ijplmsvc exe McAfee Inc C Windows System mfevtps exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files x Wyse PocketCloud PocketCloudService exe DELL Inc C Program Files x Wyse PocketCloud WyseRemoteAccess exe McAfee Inc C Program Files mcafee msc McAPExe exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files mcafee AMCore mcshield exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files mcafee systemcore mfefire exe Dell Inc C Program Files x Dell My Dell Client Framework Dell ClientFramework exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files mcafee platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender NisSrv exe CyberLink C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe SoftThinks SAS C Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery SftService exe McAfee Inc C Program Files mcafee com agent mcupdate exe McAfee Inc C Program Files mcafee msc mcupdmgr exe McAfee Inc C Program Files mcafee mqs QcShm exe McAfee Inc C Program Files mcafee msc mcinfo exe Dell Inc C Program Files x Dell Update DellUpService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Qualcomm At... Read more

A:PC Wifi Virus? (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT) - only affects PC WIFI

TWO IMPORTANT THINGS:
1. I made a major typo in that second line. It should say:
When I try visiting most websites, the page ATTEMPTS to load and 20 seconds later I get an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT message.

...Nothing actually loads. Except Google.com, and occasionally Facebook. (See below.)

2. Using an Ethernet cable DOES NOT really work. (I was able to go to Facebook with it, and that's it. Every other website still gives the Timeout error.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567317/pc-wifi-virus-err-connection-timeout-only-affects-pc-wifi/
Relevancy 33.11%

So, there are many articles out there that will show you how to use cmd prompt to create a wifi hotspot (eg: this article Internet Connection Sharing - Create WiFi HotSpot)

However, is there anyway to do this with TWO separate wifi adapters? That is, use one adapter to connect to your router and the other to act as the router? Some articles seem to indicate this is the ideal setup but no one seems to specify how to control which wifi adapter is used to create the wifi hostpot in command prompt.

Thanks for any help.

If I can get the basics to work, the next step is to try to integrate a VPN so that I can basically use my PC as a VPN router (but with no physical ethernet connection).

A:Creating Wifi hotspot using SECOND wifi adapter

It is no different than bridging an Ethernet and Wifi adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69140-creating-wifi-hotspot-using-second-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 33.11%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 33.11%

My laptops wifi is not working when I turn on wifi the red light is still red and there is no signal of wifi. that issue is comes up last night, I didnt update any thing and any driver,   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-button-light-is-red-and-wifi-in-not-working/td-p/5675554
Relevancy 33.11%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

I can not get any internet running through my laptop, I have checked the hosts file, checked proxys, auto obtain ip address, and nothing is working... This is only a new problem, and have used both ways connecting to the Internet within the last week.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 33.11%

My laptops touch panel is not working. So now, i cannot switch on my wifi in my laptop.Is there any alternate way (like drivers) to switch on the wifi in my laptop? Model: HP 6510b Compaq

A:Switch on wifi without using Wifi touch button, since its no...

HI Michael, If you go to the Control Panel, and select the "Network and Sharing Center" item, in the bottom left of the screen there should be a "HP Wireless Assistant" link in the "See Also" section. Click that, and it will allow you to enable the wireless adaptor. That may achieve what you need to do. Regards,John

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Switch-on-wifi-without-using-Wifi-touch-button-since-its-not/td-p/858247
Relevancy 33.11%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 33.11%

i am having trouble with my wifi and bluetooth not working, it is (off) and is greyed out in the metro interface, so i can not turn it back on, i checked networking centre and it is enabled, i have tried to reformat the computer using lenovo "one key" and the problem is still there, i tried updating the driver but no joy, and i can find one by searching, please help i dont want to have to send this back as faulty to "john lewis" also the trouble shooter says the HW switch is not anabled, i have tried the airplane button, but it does not make any diference, there are no other buttons or switches to turn on bluetooth or wifi so i'm stumped. please help.....

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:wifi greyed out "wifi (off) in windows 8 on lenovo...

Uninstall Lenovo Energy Managment 8 and install Version 7 Here is the link : http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cagt25ww.exeAfter you install version 7, press Fn+F5 to access wireless setting, and turn your WiFi and Bluetooth onIt solved the problem for me.P.S: I've checked out the keyboard of U410 on net, you don't need to press Fn key. Just press the f7 key [this key must be having a ((laptop)) symbol]. Also you will get a compability issue warning. Just ignore it and run the software.Cheers . Hope it helps.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/wifi-greyed-out-quot-wifi-off-in-windows-8-on-lenovo-u410-i5-1tb/td-p/950637
Relevancy 33.11%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 33.11%

Everyone's had the problem of wanting to disable the wifi miniport, or enable it to share wifi.

I have a different problem. I would like to change which wireless device the wifi miniport uses, as the external USB wireless adapter I was using died. I cannot see the wifi miniport adapter without that device attached, it seems. I don't even know if the wifi adapter even as options to select which wireless card to use even if I could get it to appear.

Is there a way to do this without having to resort to reinstalling Windows 7?

I am fairly familiar with netsh. No command line option seems to be available to switch network adapters for the wifi miniport.

It also appears that it will simply not switch to the only wireless network adapter detected, and I know it will host a virtual wifi network, I've done ICS/AdHoc before.

A:How does one change which wifi adapter the wifi miniport uses?

I tried the solution in this link: How to change default Microsoft Virtual WiFi miniport adapter?

This did not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341191-how-does-one-change-wifi-adapter-wifi-miniport-uses.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router and was wondering if its possible to use this as a wireless adapter for my computer?? I think it might support the DDWRT open source firmware??? I am wanting to do this STRICTLY as a learning purpose.

Relevancy 33.11%

i recently turned off my wiffi from keyboard  and now my wifi button is not working and i want to turn on wifi please help me out

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-wifi-button-is-not-working-and-i-want-to-turn-on-wifi/td-p/5816691
Relevancy 33.11%

hello ,my hp notebook pc problem is my wifi is show but not show neighbors and other wifi show .please help me what can i do. i have done all thing update latest deriver . plzz help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-notebook-pc-my-wifi-is-show-but-neighbor-and-other-wifi/td-p/5670095
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all,                                     We are a group of students in an university from Argentina. We get  HP nootebooks to make a laboratory. But we have a big problem with the low WIFI signal. We found a post were the issue is solved the with the same model: HP 240 G4: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Drivers-Needed-for-HP-240-g4-328T... Our problem is that the URL is not avialable anymore for download the driver. We tried to contact to HP support or Paul Tikkanen but we dont have any responses yet.   PLEASE HELP US!!!THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!Juan from Universidad Nacional de La Matanza Buenos Aires Argentina

A:WIFI Drivers Needed for HP 240 g4 - wifi issue not getting c...

Hi: It appears that HP has removed that driver I posted from the support site. See if this one works for you... This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. Released: Mar 16, 2016Version 7.35.344.0 Rev.A File name: sp75249.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Drivers-Needed-for-HP-240-g4-wifi-issue-not-getting/td-p/5622667
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi i have a hp probook 4530s. I recently installed a new norton security package upon restart the wifi icon amd every thing to do with wifi has dissapeared. There is a wifi on off button on the keypad area and when i press it, all that seems to happen is the Bluetooth turns on/off i have looked in the network adapters amd nothing is there. Its like wifi option has just got up and left my laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when i went to the hp support site they dont provide drivers for windows 10 as i was going to try install the drivers for wifi again. Im stumped can anyone help?

A:Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

I remember seeing a post on the HP Forums about this, but just now, I can't find it. From what I remember, this was a known problem with the new Norton security package. You should check the Norton security forums to see about this as they probably have a fix for it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41954-wifi-wifi-icon-has-left-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Just got wifi at my new place and no problems with my computer. My GF's laptop has the problems connecting. She gets wifi only if I set for an Open network or ethernet. I think the problem is with Vista. So does my IP's tech support, but they were clueless about solving the problem...namely no wifi with WPA SK.

Her laptop is Acer Aspire 4315 2535 with Vista. 

I poked around on the internet and I think this MS Support update will solve the problem? But, not sure.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233/en-us

Not sure if I need to go to Acer support for any updates? 

Good advice appreciated, I don't like keeping my wifi Open.  Help appreciated, Jack

A:Wifi Windows Vista Help--No Wifi ?

It seems to be a common problem with this computer. In Device manager what chip is shown for the wireless adapter? Right Click the wireless adapter,select properties and in the dropdown box under the details tab select hardware ID and copy in your next post. I believe an updated driver will work.

Edit: Check this link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519996/wifi-windows-vista-help-no-wifi/
Relevancy 31.82%

I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-says-wifi-is-disabled/td-p/5836479
Relevancy 31.82%

I can connect to my home wireless on it now and the last time I was at Chick-Fil-A near home I could connect But yesterday I was out of town and was trying to connect to an Open Network and got the quot Connected quot but Limited No Connectivity message So - Limited/no - not WiFi on but wifi's? all connectivity I went to a nearby Chick-Fil-A but couldn t connect there either I am so confused I will try the Winsock resets etc But if anyone sees or knows what s going on please let me know I have an event back down there tomorrow and REALLY need to get on the network there Here s my stuff but like I said I can connect to my home WiFi - Limited/no connectivity - but not on all wifi's? wireless OK Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Admin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name user Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing WiFi - Limited/no connectivity - but not on all wifi's? Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Con troller Physical Address - F- F-C - B- E Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Dell Wireless Dual Band WLAN Mi ni-PCI Card Physical Address - -F - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday September A M Lease Expires Monday January PM C Documents and Settings Admin gt Dell Latitude D WinXP Pro nbsp

A:WiFi - Limited/no connectivity - but not on all wifi's?

Oh, what services HAVE to be running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-limited-no-connectivity-but-not-on-all-wifis.952454/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 31.82%
A:No WIFI drivers already installed but not wifi

Hi @lapathi, I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the WiFi. I will be glad to help you.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8) Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right-click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right-click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the Winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right-click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self-explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection: Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-WIFI-drivers-already-installed-but-not-wifi/td-p/5692213