Windows Support Forum

Disk Space Error - 30 Gigs free space

Q: Disk Space Error - 30 Gigs free space

Hi

We just placed a new Dell Dimension. It has a 40 Gig hard drive.

User keeps getting this message:

DISK FREE SPACE HAS DROPPED BELOW THE MINIMUM THRESHOLD. FREE UP SPACE ON YOUR HARD DISK DRIVE BY:

1. BACKING UP YOUR DATA TO A TAPE BACKUP, ZIP OR NETWORK DRIVE
2. DELETE UNUSED FILES

IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHICH FILES ARE SAFE TO MOVE OR DELETE, CONTACT YOUR HELP DESK OR CONSULT YOUR SOFTWARE MANUALS.

This machine has over 30 gigs of free space. It's impossible that there is a disk space issue.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Some sort of mis-communication or setting?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Disk Space Error - 30 Gigs free space

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Disk Space Error - 30 Gigs free space

It should be a configuration setting. I'd call Dell if you just got this machine. Their "english" is a little suspect though. It sounds like some hokey Dell software reminding you to back up your drive. When does the message appear? After it boots?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-space-error-30-gigs-free-space.252512/
Relevancy 94.55%

Well my drive says i have 300 gigs free in my main C: drive and i keep getting low disk space warnings and it is not allowing me to download things. I have tried scandisk, defrag, and ccleaner. After running a ccleaner i actually lost space somehow. Please help thanks!

A:Low Disk space 300 gigs free

Hello and welcome.. I moved this from Win7 to the Am I Infected forum as you appear to be.Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Reboot into Safe Mode with NetworkingHow to start Windows 7 in Safe Mode>>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the in... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407540/low-disk-space-300-gigs-free/
Relevancy 82.15%

My NTFS non-system partition is now almost well defragmented. However this applies only to small and medium sized files.

There are still approx 40 big files (> 1 GB) which cannot be defragmented because there is no free single (!) space slot where they fit in.

So I need a way to shift all occupied clusters to get free contigous space on my hard disk.
Currently about 150 GB is be free on my partition but divided into thousand of individual chunks.

I tried now half a dozend of defragmenters.
Sad but true: NO (!) one was able to perform this easy operation.

Can someone recommend me a real defragmenter which is able to perform such a "shift" operation?

Thank you
Peter

A:How to shift all free space on hard disk to get contigous free space?

I'm not sure exactly what you have and exactly what you are trying to do.

I personally use Windows 7 built in defrag and have found nothing better.

Windows 7 will put things like Windows 7 wants and needs things put.
The Windows 7 defrag or 3rd party defrag programs doesn't care where you want things put or what order you want them.

As far as I know you will have no control over such things.
You are obviously using a 3rd party defrag tool because you are watching the little colored squares and noticing what looks like free spaces between things. Why things are defragged in the fashion they are I really don't know.
What I do know is Windows 7 defrag put things in the order that Windows 7 wants them and that is what counts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/376403-how-shift-all-free-space-hard-disk-get-contigous-free-space.html
Relevancy 80.6%

i wanted to copy a cd image GB ISO format from partition F NTFS GB free to partition D FAT GB free space and windows gives me that crap there is not enough space and i should do a disk clean up ok i made a disk clean up to partition D and there was GB of system restore files maybe coz i deleted GB earlier anyway i deleted the system restore files and i turned it off so i have now GB free free Solved: space??!!!!! 15GB space it tells me and disk not enough space on partition D and yet it tells me there is not enough space i tried a trick i thought i can use winrar to archive the ISO image and select the destination folder on the partition i wanna move it to but at like winrar popped up a message that only NTFS partions can have files with file size more than GB i hope theres nothing wrong Solved: 15GB free space and it tells me not enough disk space??!!!!! with my windows or my hard disk and i wanna know if theres a way to move that ISO image thanx in advance nbsp

A:Solved: 15GB free space and it tells me not enough disk space??!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-15gb-free-space-and-it-tells-me-not-enough-disk-space.609282/
Relevancy 80.6%

Am I the only one to notice and complain over this in W8.1.

This morning a new Adobe Flash update has appeared, KB3079777. The update is sized at 17.9mb. Nothing is running on the PC, its idle and with no disk activity. Free space is 55.4GB. I apply the update and free space immediately falls to 54.9gb. This behaviour is consistent with every such patch applied. Now over time, that space will return which suggests that something else is going on here. But what ?

A:Free disk space & space used by a single Flash Update.

Looks like it is just me then. Today brought a 4.6Mb W8.1>W10 computability update. My free space changed from 55.2Gb to 54.7Gb.

Sounds about right. Ho hum....

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68704-free-disk-space-space-used-single-flash-update.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Is there a utility that can clean up what can be deleted to free up space? My installer directory has 16 gigs of these files. Many of the files have 10 or more copies. Would it be safe to delete all but the most recent?

Thanks

A:16 gigs of msp files - what to do to free up space

What files have 10 copies, where are these file located on your hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/16-gigs-of-msp-files-what-to-do-to-free-up-space-280045.html
Relevancy 110.51%

HELP PLEASE... uninsstalling software...not enough disk space...please free space http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

when i try to install software it comes up with (drive)not enough disk space..when i have 30gb left..

when i attempt to create a restore point twice 1st came up with 0x80070070 and 2nd was

when i load a picture it says not enough picture please close some apps/free up disk space

when i uninstall a software it says an error occured while writing installation information to disk.check to make sure enough disk space is available, and click retry or cancel end the ..

my computer has 1 harddrive split into C and D partitions...its an ACER 57357 with 4gb ram,2.16ghz-667mhz fsb-1mb l2 cache, 320gb harddrive, 4500m intergrated graphics

A:HELP PLEASE... uninsstalling software...not enough disk space...please free space

Originally Posted by npm1

HELP PLEASE... uninsstalling software...not enough disk space...please free space http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

when i try to install software it comes up with (drive)not enough disk space..when i have 30gb left..

when i attempt to create a restore point twice 1st came up with 0x80070070 and 2nd was

when i load a picture it says not enough picture please close some apps/free up disk space

when i uninstall a software it says an error occured while writing installation information to disk.check to make sure enough disk space is available, and click retry or cancel end the ..

my computer has 1 harddrive split into C and D partitions...its an ACER 57357 with 4gb ram,2.16ghz-667mhz fsb-1mb l2 cache, 320gb harddrive, 4500m intergrated graphics

We could use a screenshot of your disk management console

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/software/273341-help-please-uninsstalling-software-not-enough-disk-space-please-free-space.html
Relevancy 110.51%

How do I merge the 18 gb system drive, that has no drive letter, with my c: Drive.

See screen shot:

A:Runnig out of disk space...7% of free space left.

You can not merge it. Right click on it and try to shrink it to about 350MB.

Another solution: Um. 55GB (yes, GB) System Reserved Partition?! Solved

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59366-runnig-out-disk-space-7-free-space-left.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Setting up a new box Vista sadly to say Installed MS Office XP Pro and get the following error is disk space on this Free space drive some full. when closing MS Word ONLY Excel saves without any errors The disk is full Free some space on this drive or save the document on another disk Try one of the following Close any unneeded documents programs and windows Save the document on another disk I ve moved the file location and same error I cleaned up the drive including removing all restore point except the disk space is full. Free some space on this drive last one Now this thing has a gig drive but it disk space is full. Free some space on this drive is also used for security in a mini mart with cameras There are about Gigs of video from the security cameras on this box At this time I am just setting it up no cameras are connected and the security program hasn t disk space is full. Free some space on this drive been set up yet I just moved the files from the old drive to this one BTW the old drive crashed I ve tried the detect and repair in MS Word and no help I have uninstalled MS Office and reinstalled and no help and even went into Properties and set the user up on quota with no limits and still no help So now I am at a loss and have no idea what to try next Really don t want to delete the security files because it took hours to transfer them to this computer and unless all else fails this isn t a option I want to use Now on the old box which had XP Pro this was not a problem so on Vista it should not be either but then Vista is a MS Software so this is understandable Actually the old box had a gig hard drive so I think it actually has something to do with the O S VISTA but after fooling with this for two days that could just be me Now not sure if I posted in the correct forum if not please move to the correct forum nbsp

Relevancy 110.08%

Hi everyone,

I'm writing because, I had about 2 or 4 gigs free space on drive D so I moved 15.7 Gb to drive C and immediately restarted. I didn't install anything, but instead of finding around 18+ gigs free upon restarting, I found I had 10.7 Gigs I double checked the moved folder and it still is 15.7 and this makes no sense to me.

I only restarted because I just uninstalled steam which I hadn't even used yet. I have not installed anything. AVG antivirus free can't find anything and drive D is apparently 1% fragmented. Does anyone have any tips. It would be greatly appreciated. I suspect this isn't the only free space missing.

Thanks for reading,
Lloyd

A:Why is 7 Gigs free space missing on restart?

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Is there a page file on that drive? It might get bigger as the amount of free space gets bigger.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322869-why-7-gigs-free-space-missing-restart.html
Relevancy 110.08%

The title sums it up I'm worried I have a virus and I'm running my Dell Inspiron E on Windows XP Sorry if I'm omitting any information but here is my hijackthis printout Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS free about 60 of Gig Suddenly gigs space 30 loses HD System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Common Files 60 Gig HD Suddenly loses about 30 gigs of free space PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exeC WINDOWS 60 Gig HD Suddenly loses about 30 gigs of free space Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system 60 Gig HD Suddenly loses about 30 gigs of free space dllhost exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC progra mcafee com agent mcregwiz exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exeC Program Files rkfree rkfree exeC Program Files DRPU PC Data Manager apcdm exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent McAgent exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exec program files mcafee com shared mghtml exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice binC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSe... Read more

A:60 Gig HD Suddenly loses about 30 gigs of free space

Thanks for the prompt reply; appreciate that.I know rkfree.exe is already a logger we willingly installed on the machine. Otherwise I'm afraid i can't really make heads or tails of the report generated by that site - could you explain the errors you mentioned above in more detail?Thanks again.ChrisEDIT: I moved your topic to the HJT forum and removed the additional post so it will remain in the list of unanswered logs. Please be patient until a HJT Team member picks up your log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282090/60-gig-hd-suddenly-loses-about-30-gigs-of-free-space/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi Everyone I am running a relatively quot high end quot Windows computer with an i processor Gigs of DDR RAM and a Gig SSD however for reasons that I have not yet been able to ascertain the free space on Drive C is diminishing by about to Gigs per minute from boot up In an effort to fault find the issue I have turned off almost all space diminishing about Free per by Drive 1.4 on C Gigs minute! startup programs and monitored my task manager however I cannot pin point the cause I have even considered the possibility that my original Gig Corsair Force SSD was faulty and because of this Free space on C Drive diminishing by about 1.4 Gigs per minute! I replaced it with a Gig Samsung EVO SSD During the replacement I simply cloned the Free space on C Drive diminishing by about 1.4 Gigs per minute! contents of my old drive to the new drive using Samsung Migration software and unfortunately the cause of the issue was also cloned The following narrated screen capture video best describes the issue at hand - Windows Hard Drive - Free space diminishing High Def Available If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this issue they will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Free space on C Drive diminishing by about 1.4 Gigs per minute!

try turn off windows search & indexing on all drives
I think what is happening is that you have the same large hard drive named as different folders and search is indexing the entire drive multiple times

see if that solves anything
otherwise
try tree size http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/ to see what is hogging the space
once we see where the space hog is , we can look for causes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-space-on-c-drive-diminishing-by-about-1-4-gigs-per-minute.1109220/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi Everyone I am running a Free Gigs space by about per diminishing on Drive minute! C 1.4 relatively quot high end quot Windows computer with an i processor Gigs of DDR RAM and a Gig SSD however for reasons that I have not yet been able to ascertain the free space on Drive C is diminishing by about to Gigs per minute from boot up In an effort to fault find the issue I have turned off almost all startup programs and monitored my task manager however I cannot pin point the cause I have even considered the possibility that my original Gig Corsair Force SSD was faulty and because of this I replaced it with a Gig Samsung EVO SSD During the replacement I simply cloned the contents of my old drive to the new drive using Samsung Migration software and unfortunately the cause of the issue was also cloned The following narrated screen capture video Free space on C Drive diminishing by about 1.4 Gigs per minute! best describes the issue at hand - Windows Hard Drive - Free space diminishing High Def Available If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this issue they will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

You might be able to isolate the file that's increasing in size or folder that's filling by using SpaceSniffer. This may narrow down the search for the problem. Also, see below:

Free Hard Disk Space Decreases for No Apparent Reason

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/free-space-on-c-drive-diminishing-by-about-1-4-gigs-per-minute-720761.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi Everyone Free about per Drive C minute! on by diminishing Gigs 1.4 space I am running a relatively quot high end quot Windows computer with an i processor Gigs of DDR RAM and a Gig SSD Free space on C Drive diminishing by about 1.4 Gigs per minute! however for reasons that I have not yet been able to ascertain the free space on Drive C is diminishing by about to Gigs per minute from boot up In an effort to fault find the issue I have turned off almost all startup programs and monitored my task manager however I cannot pin point the cause I have even considered the possibility that my original Gig Corsair Force SSD was faulty and because of this I replaced it with a Gig Samsung EVO SSD During the replacement I simply cloned the contents of my old drive to the new drive using Samsung Migration software and unfortunately the cause of the issue was also cloned The following narrated screen capture video best describes the issue at hand - Windows Hard Drive - Free space diminishing High Def Available If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this issue they will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

Turn on the "I/O" columns within Task Manager and see what process(es) is doing that.

Or use Resource Monitor and the Disk tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/306113-free-space-c-drive-diminishing-about-1-4-gigs-per-minute.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi.

I don't know but gigabytes (on my HDDs) seem to be disappearing. I had just over 200 gigs of available space on one of my drives just a couple of days prior to downloading a game (60 gigs). I look at the drive after the download and it showed 98 Gigs of available space left! How? Where did those other 40+ gigs go?

Just minutes ago I hooked up my 3rd internal HDD (just for a short period). My second drive (different from the one mentioned above) showed 147 Gigs available just before I hooked up the 3rd HDD then immediately after that (after I rebooted my PC) it showed 140 Gigs! So, 7 gigs just disappeared right after hooking up my 3rd drive. I'm talking within minutes. Didn't do anything other than hooking up another HDD. What's happening here? I'm looking at all the stuff that's installed but things just don't add up.

Any idea?

Thanks .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gigs-disk-space-disappearing-1149073.html
Relevancy 105.35%

On a Compaq desktop running XP Home Edition w/ sp 3 I have a 250GB hard drive. When attempting to back-up the My Documents folder which has a total of 101GB of files I have no problem copying that information to a 320GB or 500GB external hard drive except for some files/folders in the My Videos folder.
The total space in the My Videos folder is 69GB
When I try to copy some files/folders from My Videos to either of the external hard drives that have plenty of free space I get the following:
Error Copying File or Folder dialog box stating that "There is not enough free disk space".
Why would I be getting that message when the drive where I am copying the data to has more than enough free space?
O vay!

A:Solved: Not enough free disk space error

The external drive are probably either FAT or FAT32. FAT has a file size limit of 2gb and FAT32 has a limit of 4gb.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-not-enough-free-disk-space-error.784070/
Relevancy 104.92%

I recently cleaned my computer with CCleaner and then shortly after, I got this message saying ' You are running very low on disk space on C:. To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here.'
I'm confused. What I just did was supposed to HELP increase disk space, not to decrease it.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Relevancy 104.49%

I For Space. on Low are You of (D:) disk Error: space Vista, Recovery out Disk running done a lot of reading on Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Recovery (D:) For Vista, this topic but everything i try does not seem to help now i found this really nice topic from HP to fix this problem But the main problem is after i done what they said it did not look like i have anything to delete in the Recovery D So i am not so could someone tell me if there is anything that can be deleted in my recovery D i will show the Image of Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Recovery (D:) For Vista, it http h www hp com ewfrf wc ry amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp lang en amp product Here is a link to photobucket showing the recovery D full http i photobucket com albums aa TheCenter Windows Vista RecoveryDfull jpg And here is a link of what inside the recovery D as i look inside as it said from the HP link above http i photobucket com albums aa TheCenter Windows Vista FilesinrecoveryD jpg Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Recovery (D:) For Vista, Close up pic of the files here the link http i photobucket com albums ta Closeup jpg Now is there anyway to solve this problem nbsp

A:Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Recovery (D:) For Vista,

Hi and welcome

We could use a screen shot of the drive D partition but probably your backups are stored there and you can delete the oldest to free up some space. Make sure you have another before you delete it. That partition is tiny bTW 9 gigs is way too small to be effective.

Ken J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-low-disk-space-you-are-running-out-of-disk-space-on-recovery-d-for-vista.965551/
Relevancy 103.63%

hello,
I recently formated my desktop, I have everything saved on the (F) partition, and i formatted the primary partition (C) which leaves me with huge chunk of Unallocated space that is unable to use. Everytime i try to create a new partition, it says that space is not enough ( i even tried creating the min amount of space 8mb) when the space available is almost 500 Gigs.
I tried researching the web but no help... please help me im running out of disk space and i dont want to delete anything

A:Unallocated disk space error, Can not partition volume space

Please post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/291467-unallocated-disk-space-error-can-not-partition-volume-space.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I have a computer that has their "c: drive" almost full (221 gb drive). Every time it boots a message comes up saying "Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer because of a problem that occurred with your paging file configuration when you started your computer. The total paging file size for all disk drives may be somewhat larger than the size you specified." So first I tried adjusting the Virtual Memory BUT, I only have a drive C and a previous drive that is no longer there. So I am not for sure what drive to set my virtual memory to because there is not enough space on C drive with it being almost completely full and the one drive is non-existent. I am sure its a easy fix and im missing a step but i appreciate the help guys   Thanks!

A:Low Disk Space "Temporary File Space Error"

I would type Run in the search box. Start it and then in the Run box type %temp%. This will open up the temp folder for the current user. These files are safe to delete. Log in to every other user and use the same command. Once those are deleted, use Ccleaner to clear all the browser cache then set the Paging file to 1.5 times the RAM on the system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549615/low-disk-space-temporary-file-space-error/
Relevancy 101.91%

OK, I have run out of ideas and things to check. I have a 90gb hard drive (internal), it's got about 45gb free. I have defragged, I have deleted tons of temp files, and other files, etc. Still I cannot save or move a 190 KB sized file. I keep getting 'not enough free space on the disk' message.

This is already an NTFS device, and the file doesn't exceed a fat32 size anyway, so that's not the issue I am facing.

I have closed down all programs, except the app I am using to try to create and then save this file (it's like Microsoft Office, plain text or excel file format just using Sun's StarOffice instead), I have rebooted numerous times all to no avail.

Anybody have any other ideas on why I am still getting this message and cannot save any files?? Any help or info greatly appreciated.
tia!
-Terrie

A:Not enough free disk space error trying to save a 190KB file (NTFS!!)

recheck the location its being copied to. did you delete the files from your windows temporary folder? is it just this one file or all files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-enough-free-disk-space-error-trying-to-save-a-190kb-file-ntfs-270246.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Once Upon a time today actually I tried to reformat my WinXP Pro version with a new WinXP Pro version having lost the first disk I purchased In a first attempt at reformatting my machine with WinXP PRo I accidentally installed a parallel version in a different partition I searched the net to find out how to delete one of the OS s from my computer I found Versions Accidentally Disk Os Space Installed Of Hard 90 And Of Winxp Paralel Gigs Lost out that by going to the start menu gt Run and typing cmd in the Accidentally Installed Paralel Versions Of Winxp Os And Lost 90 Gigs Of Hard Disk Space open line that I could then delete any additional OS versions according to the ID When I restarted my system and pressed any key to boot from my CD Rom with the New WinXP installation disk in the Drive I saw that the computer recognized both of the WinXP OS s that I had running on my machine one in the C partition and one in the D In an attempt to delete the second system ID BOOTCFG Delete ID residing in the D partition it came up with quot ERROR Wrong Boot id specified and when I tried quot BOOTCFG Delete ID quot WinXP OS residing in the C partition I got quot Cannot delete the OS entry since there is only one OS entry quot when actually there are two quot cmd exe quot running in my machine only recognized the one in my C drive ID In this amateur attempt to reformat my machine I have lost my gig F partition and I m not sure how to get that back The C partition shows gigs total in the properties menu and the D partition shows only in total There should be gigs all together on my hard disk not Hmmmm anyone got a happy ending for this story P S I m no techy so please be patient Thanks HappyKat

A:Accidentally Installed Paralel Versions Of Winxp Os And Lost 90 Gigs Of Hard Disk Space

Reboot with the cd into the installation of windows xp, and when it says what partition youd like to install it to. Delete both partitions, and create one. Or if your drive isnt partitioned, just format the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38407/accidentally-installed-paralel-versions-of-winxp-os-and-lost-90-gigs-of-hard-disk-space/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi! I used to be able to burn CDs without any problem...for some reason it doesn't work anymore and I've tried quite a few things after troubleshooting by searching for solutions on-line. When I insert my CD which already has a few files on it, the details shows that there is no free space but yet only 3.43MB of data on it (it should go up to 700MB). I'm therefore unable to burn more data and I've tried the same with a blank CD, it says the same (no free space even though there is nothing on the CD yet). I have already tried uninstalling the driver and it didn't fix the problem. When I right-click Properties for the drive and go to Recording tab, the 'enable CD recording on this device' is checked as it should be. Can someone point me in the right direction? THANK YOU

A:Solved: Burning CDs - no free space when in fact there is over 600MB of free space!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-cds-no-free-space-when-in-fact-there-is-over-600mb-of-free-space.572191/
Relevancy 95.89%

i need the best free / premium softwares to to Shred Files and Wipe Free Disk Space

please....

A:need Free Tools to Shred Files and Wipe Free Disk Space

Here's a couple:[email protected] KillDiskNot sure about KillDisk, but Eraser has the option to be run in the Shell Menu, so you can right-click and select Erase, instead of Delete.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285747/need-free-tools-to-shred-files-and-wipe-free-disk-space/
Relevancy 95.89%

does anybody know why i have 1.10 GB free space in Safe Mode and 804 MB free space in Normal? thanks. and i know that 804 MB free space isnt alot, this is a pretty small harddrive from what the computer says it is .

A:1.10 GB free space in Safe Mode, in Normal 804 MB free space?

Just guessing here but not everything lots in Safe Mode so it is not using the same that it does with a Normal boot up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-10-gb-free-space-in-safe-mode-in-normal-804-mb-free-space.438611/
Relevancy 94.6%

How do I put the hard drive space used and free space on the Partition C: ? Partition D:\ and Partition E:\ has it but for some reason drive C:\ is missing it doesn't say how much space is used and how much space is free. The GBs are missing

A:How to bring back the amount of free space and used space on a hard drive

I'm a little confused about your question

You can't see how much drive space you have left when viewing your C drive via My Computer, or similar?

If you right-click on My Computer and select Manage, when the new window pops up click on Disk Management from the left hand side. What does that tell you about C drive? Assuming your C drive is actually a hard drive (and not a CD drive or something, though I have never heard of this happening and don't even know if it's possible to have C as your CD drive), you should see details at the top of the screen such as how much space you have left, by percentage of total capacity, as well as GB

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195031-how-bring-back-amount-free-space-used-space-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I've tried ERASER, but find it cumbersome to setup and use.

Is there a better free one out there, please?

Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys,

I have a really confusing problem here.. im not too clued up on PC's, but im not too stupid either. Anyways, I have a file.. 4.3gb in size (3 files actually..) on my PC. I want to copy it over to my brothers laptop and when it gets to about 91% it stops and says "Cannot continue: Not enough free disk space".

Thing is, theres 26gb free on the drive... any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!
Skinty

A:Not Enough Free Disk Space?

duplicate thread please use other thread.
http://forums.techguy.org/t362277.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-enough-free-disk-space.362269/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello and help
I am attempting to install some new software and am getting the notice that I do not have enough disk space required for the installation. My C drive shows 31G available 597 MB required for this software 1340 MB.
Can someone tell me how to free up disk space? Do I need to delete word documents? Thanks in advance.

A:How to free up disk space

Run Disk Cleanup (Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup. Check the boxes for items you want to cleanup. Also click the More Otions tab and remove old System Restore points and applications you don't use.

If you use Internet Explorer open Tools > Internet Options, and on the General tab clear History and Delete Cookies (caution: this will delete website logon passwords too, so make sure you know them).

If you have installed several Microsoft updates and don't plan to uninstall them, you can safely delete all C:\Windows\$NtUninstallKBxxxxxx$ folders.

Delete all files and folders within C:\Temp, C:\Windows\Temp, C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Local Settings\Temp (some may refuse to delete).

Disable Hibernation and delete C:\hiberfil.sys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-free-up-disk-space.548845/
Relevancy 93.74%

I am trying to install the Sims Double deluxe for my son on his computer and am getting the following error

"Sorry, there's not enough disk space free on . 209715200 bytes are required and only -1 bytes are free."

I get the same error when trying to uninstall a different game he has on there. Its got a 40 gig HD and 225MB ram with only about 4GB used so far. The machine seems to be running perfectly other than this problem I am having.
Any help is most appreciated, and thanks.

A:not enough disk space free on .

maybe you installed it to the wrong drive letter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-enough-disk-space-free-on.209427/
Relevancy 93.74%

My drive E is full. I tried to install a program [Microsoft LifeCam] and they said free up hard disk space. My computer is Acer Aspire. 320 hard drive. 2 GB memory. I assume I should clean Drive E. How do I do that? Drive C & D have a lot of open space. Any advice would be appreciated,Thank You

A:Free Up Disk Space

Open MY COMPUTER so you can see the list of drive icons.

What are the letters and names of the list of drives?

Right-click each drive icon and then click Properties. What's listed for the size and the amount of free space?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Newer computers come with the hard drive in 2 partitions. The C partition is the main partition and contains the operating system and programs. The D partition is much smaller and is the recovery partition that contains the files for doing a system recovery back to original factory specs.

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-up-disk-space.884136/
Relevancy 93.74%

Having recently bought a new laptop I quickly filled up the GB hard drive with games music videos Disk not up free will space etc I decided to delete some of the games that I hardly play and I have on an external hard drive anyway However no matter how much I Disk space will not free up delete the free disk space barely changes I have deleted at least GB worth of data so far and have MB of free space I just deleted a GB folder and there was absolutely no change in the free disk space I have restarted my computer a few times since deleting the first few items and it hasn t changed upon restart Also I can delete files and folders on my external hard drive from this laptop and it shows that the free space has increased as it should Does anyone know what might be going on I am running a virus scan at the moment and disk cleanup barely did anything either Thanks in advance for the help Edit I right clicked all of the folders on C drive and added up their total sizes It came to roughly GB which is well below the maximum capacity of GB including hidden files and folders System Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI MS- Ver BSS- Antivirus COMODO Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Disk space will not free up

It looks like I have a program called back on track which was saving 143GB of backup data or something... in the process of uninstalling it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-space-will-not-free-up.1005536/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all, I will be cloning my main OS to a smaller size SSD so I'm forced to free up space.
1) I see a folder called "System Volume Information" , size 105GB, with a bunch of files dating back to Septembrer 2015. Are all these files necessary?
2) I see a "hiberfil.sys" in the root C, size 25.5GB, but I never use hibernation (I think I have it disabled). Can I shrink this file size somehow?
3) I see inside the C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports a Winsock*.dmp file size 3.46GB, is it necessary?
Any other tips? Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/73064-trying-free-up-disk-space.html
Relevancy 93.74%

My Sony VAIO RZ40 has drives C and D. Drive C is so full that Defragger will not work.

I have deleted Microsoft Word from drive C (planning to reinstall on drive D) but Properties in drive C does not show any reduction in space used.

In addition to Defragger not working, when I choose Disk Cleanup it runs for hours and never does its job.

What have I done wrong?

A:Free disk space

How did you delete Microsoft Word?

You should have used Add/Remove from the Control Panel.

Delete you Internet files, which should free up a lot of disk space.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-disk-space.427254/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,
I need to free up ome space due to low disk space.
I was advised to delete browser cache and temp folder?

Where can I find them to delete them?

Thanks,

Eunjeong

Relevancy 93.74%

Having recently free up Disk not will space bought a new laptop I quickly filled up the GB hard drive with games music videos etc I decided to delete some of the games that I hardly play and I have on Disk space will not free up an external hard drive anyway However no matter how much I delete the free disk space barely changes I have deleted at least GB worth of data so far and have MB of Disk space will not free up free space I just deleted a GB folder and there was absolutely no change in the free disk space Does anyone know what might be going on I am running a virus scan at the moment and disk cleanup barely did anything either Thanks in advance for the help Edit I have restarted my computer a few times since deleting the first few items and it hasn't changed upon restart Also I can delete files and folders on my external hard drive from this laptop and it shows that the free space has increased as it should

A:Disk space will not free up

I right clicked all of the folders on C drive and added up their total sizes. It came to roughly 149GB which is well below the maximum capacity of 320GB (including hidden files and folders).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disk-space-will-not-free-up-584728.html
Relevancy 93.74%

hi

im new to disk space 4 free

c;\ shows 501 gb and the pie shows 502 gb

yet the list only counts upto 105 gb including othes

so where the 400 gb?

capacity shows 581 gb
used 497 gb
free 83 gb

i need to have more space for a movie but cant locate the missing files

A:disk space 4 free

Post a screenshot of your Disk management.Click on start-type "disk management" in the search box and click on "create or format hard disks partition".The tutorial for uploading screenshot is below
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Use snipping tool from start-"snipping tool" in search box for capturing your disk management screenshot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/214485-disk-space-4-free.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys,

I have a really confusing problem here.. im not too clued up on PC's, but im not too stupid either. Anyways, I have a file.. 4.3gb in size (3 files actually..) on my PC. I want to copy it over to my brothers laptop and when it gets to about 91% it stops and says "Cannot continue: Not enough free disk space".

Thing is, theres 26gb free on the drive... any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!
Skinty

(Btw, I also posted this in Networking.. dunno which one to post in Sorry if I wasn't supposed to.)

Relevancy 93.74%

after installing windows 7 on my dell laptop i seem to have virtually no disk space at all..so i cant view pictures properly it always say free up disk space nor can i update my antivirus properly. it has become a big problem. so i am thinking of buying an external hard drive of 1 TB. my only problem is my can i move the contents of operating system in that external hard drive as well? will it still work properly??
please help!

A:no free space on disk

i) you dont say how big the hard drive is, or how much used/free space there is on it
ii) is this the only drive/partition in the machine
iii) is this an install / upgrade over the top of a previous version of Windows

can i move the contents of operating system in that external hard drive as well? will it still work properly??Click to expand...

No you cant move the OS to the ext drive and no it wouldnt work properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-free-space-on-disk.960726/
Relevancy 93.74%

Every alternate boot, the reported free space on one of my two drives (Total 40 GB) reduces & increases by about 400 MB. I've turned System restore off, run 'Wipe Free Sp[ace" with BC Wipe & still this variation persists. What could it be? I have Zone Alarm Security Suite & Webroot Spy Sweeper & Win Patrol Plus installed. Also run Ad-Aware SE Personal & Spybot S & D regularly - so i have good protection. Someone please share your experience & suggest a solution. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/free-disk-space-15993.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I ran out of free space on one of my partitions. Capacity of that partition is 54GB. I selected everything on that partition (including hidden files and folders) and size is 34 GB. I should have 20GB free, no?? All i have is 4 GB. but when i right-click > Properties, it shows me that i have 50 GB of used space. So one of 'em is laying or what? pls help me i want to install PES2010 and it requires 8-9GB of free space.

A:Low free disk space

You could try WinDirStat to see what is taking up space visually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-free-disk-space.145666/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi, I've noticed sometimes that the Free Space on my harddrives won't reflect changes I've made. For example, on my 28.6gb F: drive, I had about 586mb free. I just deleted a video file of about 700 mb, so it should be up to about 1.2 gb. Oddly enough, its still at 586mb. I emptied the recycle bin of course.

Is there a way to recalculate disc space? I have Windows XP and I do have Norton System Works. This isn't the first time disc space hasn't matched recent actions. Thanks in advance.

A:Free Space inaccuracies?? Calculating disc space?

If the video wasn't in My Docs then 'System Restore' in XP may have recorded the change to enable a future restore. To record a 700mb deletion that it may be asked to restore back takes 700mb.
System restore ignores the My Docs folder so the above is irrelevant if the video was deleted from that location.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-space-inaccuracies-calculating-disc-space.449710/
Relevancy 93.31%

I know that the above thread title has already been addressed in the past but none of them have solved my problem till now I have already read following threads- http www sevenforums com hardware- partition html http www sevenforums com general-d make space unallocated space to I free How delete it do the anagement html http www sevenforums com performan ree-space html Cannot extend volume disk management although quot free space quot exists The problem is that the free space in the screenshot below cannot be deleted to make an unallocated space nor can How do I delete the free space to make it unallocated space it be used to create a new volume Also the c amp d drives are not able to extend from the free space available thus rendering those GB useless I have also tried the help in the second link given above i e by using the partition wizard i used a bootable usb for the same i tried to convert the free space to primary partition but that option convert to primary too was greyed out in the partition wizard when i tried to do so The other option to resize the partition was also greyed out in the same partition wizard I also executed the chkdsk f in an elevated command window as suggested in the first link But no error was encountered and my laptop is working fine I just want to recover that free space PN Previously I had ubuntu root installed on the partition which now is the free space of GB As I no longer required ubuntu i removed it as per the instructions in the given video which i was successful in doing How to Uninstall Ubuntu from a Dual Boot Windows PC - YouTube a hd frameborder allowfullscreen But the only problem is that the guy in the video easily deletes the free space converting it to unallocated Actually he deletes two partitions see video at one is of the root amp the other might be the home folder to get one free space which inturn gets converted to unallocated space after deleting And the same is not happening in my case PN I too had two partitions for ubuntu one for the root amp the other for the home folder The root is the now free space in the screen shot below amp the home folder was successfully deleted and merged in the d drive I hope that i have been clear in explaining my problem Thanks in advance -

A:How do I delete the free space to make it unallocated space

Hello apple byte and welcome to Seven Forums.

If I missed this in your post, I apologize. But what happens if you assign a drive letter to the free space? Can you then delete and use disk management or partition wizard to extend the C partition?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322895-how-do-i-delete-free-space-make-unallocated-space.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Help pease My computer keeps saying i gb have 1.98 help one i it then minute am of space, left of running space free out i'm running out of space I have deleted everything i can help i am running out of free space, one minute i have 1.98 gb of space left then it think of I got rid of movies videos all downloads and all music Still it says i don't have enough space In fact the red line keeps going up amp down one minute i have gb free then all of a sudden i look again and now i only have gb freee and i haven't changed anything I have followed all your steps i downloaded the malware amp antivirus the antivirus says there's no infected files the malware just had registry files infected below is the log report after the malware scan Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Database version Windows AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick Scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items help i am running out of free space, one minute i have 1.98 gb of space left then it Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CLASSES ROOT fis amo Adware SmartShopper - gt No action taken HKEY CLASSES ROOT fis ohb Adware SmartShopper - gt No action taken HKEY CLASSES ROOT fis momo Adware SmartShopper - gt No action taken HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE UpMedia Adware SmartShopper - gt No action taken HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE MediaHoldings Adware PlayMP Z - gt No action taken HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Trymedia Systems Adware Trymedia - gt No action taken HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE RelatedPageInstall Adware Mirar - gt No action taken Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected this is the virus scan results below avast Report This file is generated automatically Task 'Simple user interface' used Started help i am running out of free space, one minute i have 1.98 gb of space left then it on Wednesday July AM VPS - C Boot BCD E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Boot BCD LOG E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings All Users Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows MSS log E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings All Users Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows MSStmp log E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings All Users Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows tmp edb E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings All Users Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows Windows edb E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat LOG E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat LOG E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Microsoft Windows Defender FileTracker FC B - B - - CB - DC DED F E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Temp hsperfdata sr cars E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars NTUSER DAT E The process cannot access the file because it ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-i-am-running-out-of-free-space-one-minute-i-have-1-98-gb-of-space-left-then-it-273138.html
Relevancy 93.31%

i installed ubuntu on my ssd and had a dual boot laptop, however i want to use my ssd as a cache drive, henceforth i deleted ubuntu and now i have unallocated space and free space on my ssd and i am wondering if i need to covert that into a new partitioned volume that can be used as a cache drive

A:Use unallocated space and free space on ssd as cache drive

I think you need to allocate the free space as a linux swap partition and format it as such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-unallocated-space-and-free-space-on-ssd-as-cache-drive.1118424/
Relevancy 92.88%

So this is what i first thought to be the same old problem with windows device manager telling me the disk has gb free and windows telling me its full or so I thought Lets start at the begging of this story First I had been running dc and downloading stuff to my external hd and one day i notice it telling me that there is again space... enough not There [SOLVED] disk free is no space left on the disc I check device manager and it says that i have something like gb left So I think its probably just a bunch of fragmented files sapping the remainder of the space But I was [SOLVED] There is not enough free disk space... again too lazy to defrag it at the time since the drive is gb and over usb interface and was probably gonna take all night had i actually tried So i change the download folder to my local hd and run things that way for a while So in about a week I discover that my local hd has also been filled time to take out the cyber-trash as it were yes device manager still said i had space left but it was only like so i didn't think there was a problem However upon opening up about another of my internal hd i discovered that windows still told me my drive was full So I lurked around the intarweb and found the whole defrag then disk check method Did that on my internal - worked fine Did the same thing to my external nada I have gb free according to device manager and can't upload an gb file onto it I can however upload a gb folder but cannot upload a gb file I tried to put the file in a folder to check if my roommate put paint thinner in my water but apparently i was not retarded What have i done so far to try to fix this shiz defragged the problem drive rebooted and ran disk check tried freeing up more space currently working on compressing my file The [SOLVED] There is not enough free disk space... again really odd thing is that i tried to copy a gb file already on that drive to a different location on that drive and it said it was fine and would take about min If it matters im running win xp fully updated on a dell D laptop with the ghz c d mb l cache cpu gb ram gb internal hd gb external the problem child maybe i dropped it on its head and now its special does it like tater tots too I will continue to lurk but maybe someone here can save me some time and trouble

A:[SOLVED] There is not enough free disk space... again

Wait... can this be due to the fact that my external drive is using fat32?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-there-is-not-enough-free-disk-space-again-200430.html
Relevancy 92.88%

quot Free Up Disk Space quot OE warning Help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss Space OE warning Up Disk , Free exeC WINDOWS system OE warning , Free Up Disk Space winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Dynex Wireless G Adapter WLService exeC Program Files Dynex Wireless G Adapter WLanCfgG exeC Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnectService exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exeC Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files Search Guard PlusU sgpUpdaters exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files BellSouth AM BellSouthAlertManager exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bing com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp homepage http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comR - URLSearchHook UrlSearchHook Class - - E - FD - - F E FC - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO X IEHook Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C Program Files NetZero qsacc x IEBHO dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO UrlHelper Class - BF -DF - f-B DA- ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oe-warning-free-up-disk-space.949837/
Relevancy 92.88%

Anyone having problems with running the admin tool "Free Up Disk Space ?"
When cleaning system files, does not fully complete on my system and and seems to put strain on HDD (laptop fan high rpm). When I cancel the procedure, it will not start again until after restart of computer.

A:Free Up Disk Space Problem ?

Hi again torre,

Does it get stuck during the Windows Update Cleanup phase?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/30937-free-up-disk-space-problem.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi I have a vaio T with windows GB disk space and the idiot who made the partition gave nothing Space Up Free After worked Disk GB to the C Free Up Disk Space After nothing worked disk that contains windows Long story short winsxs kept eating up the space till I have absolutely nothing left now and I can't even work I can't see thumbnails I can't open up images I'm in online marketing so I need this for my work So now I freed up like mb by deleting the download folder from the ServiceDistribution folder But there is mb taken by service pack update thingy and GB taken by windows updates I disabled windows updates I just want to free those GB so I can work with this computer for another year till macbook air with retina comes up so I don't have to deal with this crap again Now when I use the disk cleanup those files appear etc GB to Free Up Disk Space After nothing worked be freed I click OK it says do you want to delet these files I click OK it runs the load bar for seconds and so and it closes like it worked But when I check the disk space it just didn't work sometimes it ends up eating like another mb instead I did scan disk couple times defragmented nothing is working Is there any method I can delete these files manually somehow I'm really fruustrated and have work that needs to be done Really appreciate any answer Thanks

A:Free Up Disk Space After nothing worked

You say you have only 25 GB devoted to C.

I assume your hard drive is larger than that and that you have some other partitions.

Why can't you steal space from those other partitions and add it to C?

A screen shot of Windows Disk Management might help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377947-free-up-disk-space-after-nothing-worked.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello Long time browser first time poster I have come across a problem I cannot fix I have a WD Raptor WD GLFS drive I was using as my boot drive that reports it is full when I double click it in Computer Actual message D is not accessible There is not enough space on the disk Knowing it isnt full I ran CHKDSK which reported I had gigs free After a little browsing I came across http support microsoft com kb However when I enter fsutil usn deletejournal D D into the command prompt CMD opened in administration mode it reports Error There is not enough space on the disk For years 58gigs on is the "There disk" enough not but free, space I had drives one for booting this one and one for backup I 58gigs free, but "There is not enough space on the disk" ended 58gigs free, but "There is not enough space on the disk" up putting the backup drive in another PC with the intention of buying a SSD drive for a new primary but had not done so weeks of living on the edge and it bites me pretty hard There are lots of pictures person projects on there I need to recoverEDIT I ran Western Digitals DLGDIAG on the drive and now its giving me a different error when I try to access it D is not accessible the parameter is not correct

A:58gigs free, but "There is not enough space on the disk"

Inability to run the appropriate diagnostic...what procedures are you following?

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/other/2779-701022.pdf

Are you using the most current version of the diagnostic?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367059/58gigs-free-but-there-is-not-enough-space-on-the-disk/
Relevancy 92.88%

Every time i click to install Half Life 2 (old game i know but havnt played it in a while and its amazing xP) a Steam popup comes up and say 'There is not enough free disk space to run steam.'

Ive looked at the folder and its 2.20gb with 0 bytes free. How can i free up space on the CD? I already have Steam because i have TF2. Thanks.

Relevancy 92.88%

So lately my computer has been suffering from having very little space on the C: drive. It's usually always hovering around less than 1GB of free space. It's a 60GB SSD with Windows, Nvidia drivers, Kaspersky (antivirus), and other core programs installed on it. Does anyone have any advice on how to free up plenty of space on it?

A:How to free up plenty of disk space?

Hello Hankster,

If you like, here are some items that you could use below to free up some space on the hard drive.

Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/378688-how-free-up-plenty-disk-space.html
Relevancy 92.88%

The computer I am referring to is a Microsoft Windows XP Version it s a desktop Okay so one day while I was on the desktop computer I received a little bubble in the system tray saying that I m running out of space on local Can't Disk Local (C:) on up space any free disk C My local space C has a total capacity of GB So I deleted all kinds of documents programs and songs that I didn t need like over a hundred of em Then I would empty the recycle bin thinking that everything would be okay so right after deleting those files I would probably receive GB of free space back but then next thing I know it s back down to bytes of free space which means I did all of that deleting for nothing I thought that once you deleted something from the recycle bin that it was permanently gone at least that s how it worked with some of the other computers in the house So what happened to those files that I deleted Why is my hard drive constantly full no matter how many files I try to delete Please help because alot of people depend on using this computer for school but they can t save anything anymore THANKS

A:Can't free up any space on Local Disk (C:)

Can you post a screenshot from Disk Management?You can use a tool to see what takes up so much space on your hard drive/partition. One such tool is TreeSize Pro Trial - http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/.You are correct in thinking that files deleted which go into the Recycle Bin...are gone once the Recycle Bin has been emptied. But...there are various programs and functions which also may use up hard drive space.There is also the possibility that some malware item is at work on your system...that's why an analysis of what is taking up space is important.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284758/cant-free-up-any-space-on-local-disk-c/
Relevancy 92.88%

I normally have roughly 40 - 60 gb of free space on drive c. I noticed it says 14 gb now. I ran jdisk report, that reports 93.9 gb used, windows reports 131 gb used, a big difference. 93 is the "normal" range for c drive. is windows reporting the wrong free space? what can I do to correct this? see attached screenshot.

Capture.PNG   116.02KB
  0 downloads

thanks.

A:free disk space issue

Hi Sylveon Fetish Is it possible for you to use WinDirStat instead to see how much space is taken on your drive and where is that space being taken? Will be much more efficient than jDisk Report. Also, if you can add a screenshot of the whole WinDirStat window once it's done calculating, it would help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564083/free-disk-space-issue/
Relevancy 92.88%

I am trying to transfer a 4GB file to my external hard drive, which is said to have (under My Computer) 46.3GB free. It keeps giving me a "Cannot copy file... not enough free disk space. Delete one or more files to free up space then try again"... error.

I've rebooted, and I am sure there is more than 4GB free on the hard drive. Any ideas? Is there some max size for a file that you can transfer to a hard drive? I've never heard of that.. but I guess anything is possible.

Thanks for reading!

Relevancy 92.88%

My new computer is working fine and everything but i installed Photoshop and crysis and some other games and obviously Office Xp professional now i look on the free space and it says i have only have 50 gb left now this really confused me because i have a 500 GB hard drive in my computer is this normal ?

A:Free space on my Hard disk

Hello...
Go to Disk Management:

START > RUN... > type DISKMGMT.MSC and hit Enter

How is your HDD partitioned?
How big is Local Disk C: ????
And do you have any other volumes or partitions active???

Keep us posted...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/free-space-on-my-hard-disk-349940.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm not seeing any update pending on Windows Update so I've downloaded the update assistant tool from MS to force it. It worked fine on two of my desktop PC's but it complains about having not enough disk space on my 32GB Dell Venue Pro. It currently has ~4GB but it says I need a whopping 16GB! That seems a bit too much. Anyone know of a good workaround for this? If I wait for the scheduled WU update, will it still require much less disk space?

A:Need 16GB of free disk space for the AU?

Originally Posted by TK2011 I'm not seeing any update pending on Windows Update so I've downloaded the update assistant tool from MS to force it. It worked fine on two of my desktop PC's but it complains about having not enough disk space on my 32GB Dell Venue Pro. It currently has ~4GB but it says I need a whopping 16GB! That seems a bit too much. Anyone know of a good workaround for this? If I wait for the scheduled WU update, will it still require much less disk space? it needs the space for downloading the file, unpacking it and installing it. During installation, old windows files are also stored (this took 10GB on my surface). So yes, that space is needed.
Do disk cleanup and remove files if possible

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434167-need-16gb-free-disk-space-au.html
Relevancy 92.88%

At least once a week I get this message: "To free up disk space, OE can compact messages". I just click "OK". I have 132 GB available so why do I get a message like this?

I get a lot of email from the forum plus my personal email. That's about it.

Relevancy 92.88%

Hi forum Thanks for your help I am having this free disk space problem that I'd like to understand The message appeared quite some time ago I had my thunderbird profile in the C disk as well as some data So I moved it and deleted other stuff and got myself bright beautiful blank space on the C around gbs - Thing is it was a month ago or so and now the problem appears disk out Free itself by system space going again So I am asking for a kind of solution but in first place I'd like to kwon what's going on - I have downloaded quite a few things but they are in another partition I always wipe off the temporal files as well as internet temporary files If Free system disk space going out by itself I install programs they are in another partitio too but is not the case for I have not installed almost anything I know that even if we put the 'program' in a partition some data goes in C nevertheless - I am aware of the existance of those progs that will show the ammount of data and its location and stuff I have read mostly how to get rid of useless things but I'd like to know what happens and if I can prevent it from occuring - I have seen so far with one of those that show the data that the same archive can be located in both folders That happened with the thunderbird profile files which gb would be gb of disk allocation - Thanks again and be well

A:Free system disk space going out by itself

Hey!
Update:
I didn't do a thing, and I have now 3,5 GB of free space, out of nowhere. Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337732-free-system-disk-space-going-out-itself.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Look at the pic.

It says that TOTAL SIZE = 39 GB
And Free Space = 5 GB
Which means that the size of all files on C is 34 GB

But when I select all files including Hidden files, and Right Click> Properties, its size of all files is only 27 GB.

I did clear recycle bin and disk defragmenter C, but still the same. So why is that?

Relevancy 92.88%

Today I reinstalled windows 7 from MSDN.

But I have free space of 48 gb

What can I do. I try to shrink c: and thaen add this but I could not, onl the - i take from c:

A:Free Space in Disk Management

Quote: Originally Posted by DigDeep

Today I reinstalled windows 7 from MSDN.

But I have free space of 48 gb

What can I do. I try to shrink c: and thaen add this but I could not, onl the - i take from c:

We could really use a bigger screenshot. you can use the snipping tool built into windows. Just type snipping tool in search

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/29308-free-space-disk-management.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello - I run Windows XP Professional and while trying to burn cd's I got an alert message telling me I only had 4% free disk space. I removed MSN which took up 111MB and nothing. I tried again and removed my Canon Zoombrowser ex which was 966MB and it still did not affect the percentage of free disk space on my C drive. I don't even have enough disk space to defrag. My computer is 10 GB with 244 meg ram. I have also deleted countless items in my document folder - such things as saved media player videos I received in email attachments and many word documents - all this resulting in no change in my free disk space. I rebooted after removing programs, this also had no effect. I don't know what to try next. Can someone help me? Thank You.

Relevancy 92.88%

I have installed SP2, my windows folder is now 2,5 GB.

Which folders can I delete or move to CD to free up more disk space ?

ServicePackFiles = 509 MB

SoftwareDistribution = 598 MB

are some of the biggest

A:SP2 how to free up disk space after install.

http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=7265

EasyCleaner http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

Use the clear files and Unnecessary files buttons - I do not recommend using the Duplicates files button as many dupes are there on purpose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sp2-how-to-free-up-disk-space-after-install.315576/
Relevancy 92.88%

My pc storage is about full. I checked what was using the most space and it was desktop. How do I clear my c drive. I'm a novice so please make your answers as simple as possible

A:how do i free up disk space on drive C

"My pc storage is about full"Could you let us have the figures please? If all else fails double click "This PC" then go to the C drive (which is almost certainly your main drive), right click it and give us the sizes showing. I'm just wondering if the almost full is just from some data drive. The more you can tell us the better because we obviously can't see what is in front of you.It seems odd for the desktop to be the place where most stuff is. If that's right it should be right in front of you so you should be able to decide if there is anything you wish to remove or move onto some other form of storage.Also go to "Control Panel > Programs and Features" to see if there are any programs you don't require any more. Don't delete anything unless you know what it is.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/how-do-i-free-up-disk-space-on-drive-c/390.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm using WinXP SP My G hard disk has four partitions C G D G E G F G My E drive says it has G free space This is after I methodically deleted all unnecessary files I know that the drive does not have approx G of files on it I wish to reclaim at least G hopefully G of space that it says is not available I just performed space Free [SOLVED] disk up a few virus trojan scans and the drive is clean I also [SOLVED] Free up disk space removed a bunch of restore points that were set for this drive I also just turned off restore points for this drive which had been set to of drive size When I checked the space available this resulted in no new reclaimed space Does anyone here have tips on how I can reclaim at least - G of disk space that I know does not contain files What steps do I need to perform to achieve this TIA P S my other drives do not have this problem all of their taken space is legit

A:[SOLVED] Free up disk space

Hi,

I would recommend that you have a look at Auslogic disk-defrag. It is a free program that you can download and defrag your computer with. It works the same way that the windows defrager does but just faster. That is where I would start at.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-free-up-disk-space-326366.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi, for months my C: (120 SSD) had only 2GB left of free space. So I finally purchased a 250GB SSD to replace it with. I received the drive last week and the box has been sitting on my desk. This morning I noticed that all of a sudden my C: drive is no longer in the red... I now have 30GB of free space. How can this be? I didnt uninstall any programs! All that occured on my PC is a windows update the other night...

Possible explanations?

A:Why did I suddenly go from 2GB free space to 30GB free space??

There is the system maintenance troubleshooter that runs at 1am.
Issues it looks for:
-Troubleshooting history is taking up disk space
-Broken shortcuts
-System time is set incorrectly
-There are icons on the desktop that haven't been used in 3 months.
-Disk volume errors
-Error reports are taking up disk space

Could be disk cleanup, you could also try running that as well. It now has the new mode windows update cleanup which removed older updates that have been unnecessary as new ones replaced it. That will save you even more space.

Maybe a program updated as well.

With all these combinations it can be possible you received a good chunk of free space. However, since you stated you have not run disk cleanup or have done anything, windows might have went nutz and has been wrong about your disk usage and just now got it right.(I am thinking this is the case.)

Or you have not restarted in awhile, and this is when disk information is updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331769-why-did-i-suddenly-go-2gb-free-space-30gb-free-space.html
Relevancy 91.59%

In my second hard disk D:\ i have files whose size is 75GB in total.
But the hard disk shows the used space to be 135GB.
6OGB are missing,WHY?

(I have the show all files option enable,i run the...disk cleanup,full scan disk check with enable the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors)
But the results are the same.

A:Hard disk wrong free space

Either there's another partition or your motherboard isn't seeing the whole drive.

I thought I'd seen the last of LBA and 130Gb visibility issues, but perhaps you have one such chipset which hasn't been updated...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41241-hard-disk-wrong-free-space.html
Relevancy 91.59%

System Diagnostics Report Diagnostic Results Warnings Informational Symptom D has less than free disk space Cause A logical disk has a low amount of free disk space Details D has MB free disk space There is free Low disk space may than 15% Drive less Solved: space has D free disk cause poor performance and low virtual memory errors Resolution Verify Solved: D Drive has less than 15% free disk space disk space is low by viewing the drive using quot Computer quot from the Start menu Back up non-critical files and then remove them from the drive Perform a disk cleanup Solved: D Drive has less than 15% free disk space Related Free up disk space -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Severity Information Warning The average disk queue length is The disk may be at its maximum transfer capacity due to throughput and disk seeks Related Disk Diagnosis Basic System Checks Tests Result Description OS Checks Passed Checks for attributes of the operating system Test Groups Tests Failed Description OS Version Check Passed Disk Checks Failed Checks for disk status Test Groups Tests Failed Description SMART Predict Failure Check Passed Logical Disk Dirty Bit Check Passed Free Disk Space Available C Drive C has free disk space MB Free Disk Space Available D Drive D has free disk space MB I have windows vista home premium I have tried the disk cleanup and that didn t do anything I cleared all the restore points except the last one and that gained me about MB for a day and now it s back to where it was Does anybody know how to resolve this issue nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

One of my favorite features of Windows Explorer was that it told me the free disk space in the status bar Since Windows Vista you also had the ability to see the free space on hard drives across the network Now in Windows you can't even in the least see the free space on the status bar of your own pc let alone those across the network and for someone who's constantly moving files across my home network it's becoming a bit of a hassle I don't think there's away to to restore this functionality already installed the ClassicShell program so absent Disk Monitoring Free Tool Space of that is there a free disk space monitoring tool you guys can recommend I'm mainly looking for one that has a system tray function that can tell me the amount of free space I have left either in percentage form or megabyte form or gigabyte form whatever It would Free Disk Space Monitoring Tool make my life that much easier with my laptop I appreciate any help Thanks

A:Free Disk Space Monitoring Tool

Originally Posted by Wiso

One of my favorite features of Windows Explorer was that it told me the free disk space in the status bar. Since Windows Vista, you also had the ability to see the free space on hard drives across the network.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Try this---

https://www.google.com/search?q=Free...hrome&ie=UTF-8

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/21413-free-disk-space-monitoring-tool.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I'm running Windows 7 with a 218GB hard disk. At one point I noticed that the hard disk space was significantly less than it should be. I deleted a few files and emptied the recycle bin, but the free filespace only decreased. After restarting, the filespace had gone down to less than a gigabyte. It was constantly fluctuating but would be consistently under a gigabyte. It also caused my computer to act very slow.

Per some suggestions that I found online, I downloaded i.Disk to see what was taking up all this space, and it showed up that I have 176GB used (which is much more accurate). But on Explorer, it still says I have only a few gigabytes left. So obviously something is wrong. I'm running a virus scan at the moment, but in the meantime does anyone know what is causing this problem?

A:Hard Disk Free Space Acting Up

Check your system restore settings sounds like your shadow copies are multiplying and eating up you disk space.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345704/hard-disk-free-space-acting-up/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello I m a first-time poster and nearly computer illiterate-- but I m learning I am using a Windows enough space disk Unable for defrag free to XP Pro on a Dell Inspiron My laptop is running pretty slow--especially on start-up but more Unable to free enough disk space for defrag importantly I have very little free disk space I keep getting a little pop-up telling me I have X amount under MB of free disk space So I run disk clean-up which helps a little I finally decided it s time to try to run the disk defragmenter it s been a long time since I have but I need to free up of my hard drive to run it I ve deleted all the programs I m comfortable deleting I ve deleted temporary files lowered the percentage of space used for system restore lowered the percentage of space used for temporary files and I still only have of free space I ve try to do some research but everyone just says to run the defrag tool to free up space no one says what to do if you can t run the tool Somewhere on this site I found some free defrag downloads but they haven t worked For instance DefragNT I waited for minutes while it Unable to free enough disk space for defrag analyzed disk C and when it finished it mysteriously closed I waited another minutes while it Unable to free enough disk space for defrag analyzed again and then it froze after I tried to start defragmenting I tried two different things from quot Uniblue quot one was called quot Registry Booster quot and I can t remember the other one They just quot analyzed quot also There is another issue which may be affecting my free space I m not sure When I start up there are two versions of Windows and I am given seconds to choose one Only the first one works I am told this is a quot partition quot issue I only sort of understand what this means but I read somewhere that this might be taking up space I can t remember where but I found instructions for deleting the unused partition-- but they didn t work There was a button that should have been highlighted but wasn t so I couldn t complete the task Sorry for the book I ve written here I hope you can help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

I have disks at near G capacity programs up Must to space disk free remove - I am very frazzled J is my usb disk I've removed programs and shifted folders but hasnt dented my free space I hope there's info Must remove programs to free up disk space here that'll help Thank you in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe Must remove programs to free up disk space exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware PPActiveDetection exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe J HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner mor on search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess ElnIE dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO EarthLink Popup Blocker - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - BHO Popup-Blocker Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C Program Files NetZero qsacc X IEBHO dll O - Toolbar EarthLink Toolbar - D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F F ECBE-D - B -B - A E F A - C Program Files NetZero Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run CaISSDT quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exe quot O - HKLM Run eTrustPPAP quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware PPActiveDetection exe quot O - HKLM Run QOELOADER quot C Progr... Read more

A:Must remove programs to free up disk space

This is not a malware issue and shouldn't have been posted here. If you don't get anything related to spyware or viruses, post this in the Windows forum instead. I see nothing wrong here except for some minor entries:

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you checked the last one:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust...ch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

For the space problem, go here and download that program. See if you can find out what's taking up a bunch of the space in your hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/must-remove-programs-to-free-up-disk-space-96370.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I currently have free had more my have hard previously disk I space I seem to on much than GB space free I seem to have much more free space on my hard disk than I had previously on my hard disk but the last time I checked I I seem to have much more free space on my hard disk than I had previously think I had around GB or GB free I don't know where I got this free space from Maybe it's my imagination and I've only used about GB for quite a while I deleted the contents of the regcleaner folder a couple of days ago because I was told to do so in a hijackthis thread but it wouldn't hold so much I wouldnt think I hope I didn't delete anything important I also was told to quot turn off System Restore on all drives quot and then turn it on again so maybe this created space I tried to defrag the pc unsuccessfully yesterday so I don't know if this gave me extra space even though it didnt work-though it doesnt do this anyway I'm not sure I did defrag it properly today To be honest I don't know but I cant ever remember only having used GB instead of or GB like I used to have

A:I seem to have much more free space on my hard disk than I had previously

When you turned off System restore you cleared all previous restores and freed up the space they held.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-seem-to-have-much-more-free-space-on-my-hard-disk-than-i-had-previously-93087.html
Relevancy 91.59%

When using outlook exp 6.0, I receive this message. I got a solution from one of the other threads. The solution was to zero the count, in the registry, which worked. However, after several days, the same message returns "To free up disk space OE can compact messages". If I go into the registry and set the value to zero, it's fine for a few days, but still returns. Any idea how to make this setting permanent, or is there another solution for this problem? Please help!!!

A:Free Up Disk Space" OE warning

I wouldn't recommend trying. OE needs to compact the messages, for despite the name, it is really deleting messages that you have deleted. I would suggest you read this page, but make note of this line near the bottom of the page: "Do not change the registry just to avoid compaction."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-up-disk-space-oe-warning.835513/
Relevancy 91.59%

Each time I open outlook 2007, I receive the following message "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take upto a few minutes".

I do not use outlook express.

Can someone advise why this is happening and how I can stop this message from appearing when outlook starts.

Thank you

A:To free up disk space - Outlook 2007

Can you post a screen shot showing the message and enough of the Outlook screen to see that it is in deed Outlook that is open?

Do not get angry with me here, but I know of several people who thought that they were running Outlook, when in fact that it was Outlook Express. This message should NOT appear at all when using Outlook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-free-up-disk-space-outlook-2007.847364/
Relevancy 91.59%

My Factory Image D has only 1.52 GB free space, of 12.9 GB. I have an HP Pavilion with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

What can I do, when I go to D I get the Warning message:
"This area of your hard drive
(or partition) contains files used
for your PC Recovery.

Do not delete or alter these files.

Any change to this partition could
prevent any recovery later."

I wil appreciate any help.
marita1

**I also want to wholeheartedly thank the posting that helped me last Saturday when I couldn't login, the step by step instructions/information were GREAT!

A:Logical disk D low amount free space

I am afraid that I do not fully understand your question. That D partition should not be touched. If you have a problem with your computer, there are keys (usually f keys) that you push during boot up, to restore to factory specs. It should be used only in dire circumstances.

I began by saying I did not quite understand. If you care to elaborate further, maybe I can give further assistance.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266442-logical-disk-d-low-amount-free-space.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi i would really appreciate help here I free space Losing disk hard am continually losing my hard drive free space I have to hard drives C D and the problem only appears to be happening with the main one drive C What happens is no matter how much space i free up it always seems to wind down to bytes The actual size of this hard drive stays the same but the free space gets taken up I don t know WHAT to do and I have ran hijack this here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Losing hard disk free space Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade PCMService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exe C Acer Empowering Technology admtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C DOCUME CARLAK LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Acer Empowering Technology admServ exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Documents and Settings Carl Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www paddypower com bet action go racing level amp class sort HR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run AzMixerSel C Program Files Realtek InstallShield AzMixerSel exe O - HKLM Run eDataSecurity Loader C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe O - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe O - HKLM Run eRecoveryService C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exe O - HKLM Run ADMTray exe quot C Acer... Read more

A:Losing hard disk free space

It appears you are being helped here:
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=109383

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-hard-disk-free-space.659862/
Relevancy 91.59%

Here disk sata acknowledged space not being Free s a new one for you guys I have three sata hard drives in my primary computer WinXp acknowledges all three All three drives have the appropriate quot total quot hard disk space posted in explorer and everywhere else for that matter The problem is the free space I can have for instance gigs of free space on a drive or partition I can create copy a -gig file on to that drive or partition delete it and explorer Free sata disk space not being acknowledged will show only -gig free disk space Copying or creating files on to that drive or partition will continue to consume the space until space runs out Deleting files doesn t make a difference I cannot recover the free disk space unless I reformat the drive or partition I have Free sata disk space not being acknowledged tried performing a clean install of XP updating the motherboard bios and updating motherboard drivers None of which have worked so far Any insight as to what is going on Unless I can pinpoint the problem I have resigned myself to the fact that a new motherboard may be the only solution Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Free sata disk space not being acknowledged

free sata

did you empty recycle bin?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-sata-disk-space-not-being-acknowledged.46468/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi,

Recently I have been noticing my free hard disk space disappearing. It was around 80GB, and now it is nearer 70. During this time I have actually been uninstalling programs and removing files, so the disk usage should be noticable less, not more. When I check the sizes of the folders in the root of the drive (c:\), they add up to about 26GB. However the disk usage under the properties for the whole drive are 40GB. Can someone help me to find where this free space is going?

I am on Vista Home Premium 32bit.

Thanks,
Alex

A:Losing Free Hard Disk Space

It is most likely System Restore points and shadow copies, which is the way the OS is suppose to work.

In addition download this free software to see what is on the hard drive.
WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283375-losing-free-hard-disk-space.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have had this problem for a while, and finally after a while of not being able to figure out what's happening, decided to ask for some help.

I don't know how, when, but quite often, if not always, Windows (XP SP2) shows incorrect numbers for free disk space.

For example,
for disk C: it shows
Used Space: 17GB
Free Space: 76MB
Disk capacity: 20GB

As you can see, 3GB are missing.

What's strange, is the following. Anytime I see this, I make a copy of a file big enough that makes the size of the free space much lower (say 15MB). When I do that, instead somehow the missing space "gets found".

Why is this happening?
What's causing it?
and
How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

A:Windows misreporting free disk space.

have you tried to use disk defragmenter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-misreporting-free-disk-space.692068/
Relevancy 91.59%

I kinda seriously need help here guys

I have 800mb free in my C drive...

i deleted my D and have 20 gb free space, but i cant delete it to make it an unallocated space (the delete partition option is greyed out) ..

im sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this on.....ive been working on this for 5 hours and im pissed right now..lol

A:Can't Delete Free Space in Disk Management

Hello Akash666, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have you right clicked that Free Space to see if you get a "Delete" option in the drop-down, though if it's part of an Extended partition (more than one Logical) you may not be able to create it as unallocated space; post a snip for us to have a look at.

Information

Before we make any specific recommendations will you please post a snip/screen-shot of the entire Windows disk management drive map with a full description as to which drive/partition is which, so we can see what you have going on as there may be a fairly simple way to resolve the situation.

In the Windows start menu right click computer and click manage, in the left pane of the "Computer Management" window that opens click disk management and post a maximized snip of that.How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183502-cant-delete-free-space-disk-management.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi, I have a problem. When I go to look at my hard drive in my computer, it tells me I have 0 bytes of free space left, this is obviously wrong but I don't know what is causing my computer to say it. There are a few other strange things going on as well, can anyone help me?

A:PC telling me I've got no free Hard Disk space

We would be more than happy to help you but with vague info like you have given us,nobody can help.Could give us your System info as well as more specific info about any error messages you may be getting.Also what are the "few other strange things going on as well"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-telling-me-ive-got-no-free-hard-disk-space.228250/
Relevancy 91.59%

Dear Friends,

I installed Windows 8 Pro on a GPT partition. I have 234GB of SSD with 87% free space according to Disk Management. I am trying to create a 4GB primary partition for Intel Rapid Start but the Disk Part shows i have no space available in that drive and would not let me create the partition. Why would that be?

Thanks,

A:List Disk Shows No Free Space Available.

Sounds like you need to shrink a partition
Partition or Volume - Shrink - Windows 7 Help Forums
than make a new partition
Partition or Volume - Create New - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22057-list-disk-shows-no-free-space-available.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi Since yesterday My laptop suddenly started lagging a lot I opened Task Manager and saw that the Disk Usage was at The only things causing it to rise are the essential Windows Programs This causes so much lag though that if I try to run more than application at a time nothing starts responding and it forces Me to Force Shutdown manually by holding the power button I tried a new Browser went from Firefox to Chrome and still the same problem I decided I want to upgrade to despite great Usage space. 100% Disk free Windows since I'm qualified to have Disk Usage 100% despite great free space. it free but whenever I try to install it the quot Checking for Updates quot loading bar never finishes and if I try to close it or anything else it'll freeze up all over again Please help What should I do I had to go into Safe Mode to be able to Disk Usage 100% despite great free space. make an account here and type this up I've already uninstalled some stuff even though I barely have anything occupying a lot of space to begin with I certainly didn't download anything malicious as the day before it started lagging it worked absolutely fine and haven't downloaded anything from then on Thank You

A:Disk Usage 100% despite great free space.

Diagnostics Test

System File Check

Please try following:
Open an admin command promptCopy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enterWhen it finished reboot your systemOpen again an admin command promptEnter sfc/scannow again
If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38132-disk-usage-100-despite-great-free-space.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi folks Lately I have downloaded a fair few movies TV shows concerts etc and I have started to become mindful of the dwindling amount of space available on my hard drive I hope someone can help me with what are probably some pretty dumb questions I am wondering what others more expert than me do in this regard Best questions... dumb Some space? to way free up disk to free up disk space do you burn those clunky video files that are taking up space on your hard disk to DVD-R s and delete those files from your computer I have probably got a fair amount Best way to free up disk space? Some dumb questions... of stuff in the non-essential category that would not devastate me to delete from my computer as long as I first burned to disc This is probably an even dumber question I do regular weekly back-up to a TB external hard drive Having backed up lots of my clunky video files to an external hard drive if I then delete those files from my computer does this also delete the same backed-up files from the external hard drive Apologies for my ignorance I am just hoping an expert or experts here might be able to give me some tips for best practice for freeing-up disk space Thanks in advance for any help offered nbsp

A:Best way to free up disk space? Some dumb questions...

Running out of disk space means that you need to get more. You can put it off, try to recover space on the drive, copy things to DVD, and so on. But eventually, if you want to save things, you need to cough up the bucks.

Movies can be easily stored on DVD's. I usually store them in their original avi or mpg formats since I can get many of them on a DVD. External drives are really a good idea because not only do they give you storage space, but you can make periodic images of your internal drives. Then, when your drive fails, and it will, you don't lose everything, including your operating system. You jst get a new drive and restore everything from the image that you made.

Look on the external. Are your videos still there? that should answer your deletion question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-way-to-free-up-disk-space-some-dumb-questions.891469/
Relevancy 91.59%

I just got a message on my hp laptop this morning saying I had low disk space on my C drive, which is my primary drive but when I checked to see how much space was left it says I have 846gbs free out of 908gbs. Why would I get this message when it looks as if I have plenty of free space?

A:computer says low disk space but I have over 800GBs free

Please post a screenshot of Disk Management

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/51732-computer-says-low-disk-space-but-i-have-over-800gbs-free.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello,

I am having a problem with my HP C8180 printer. It is connected wirelessly to my computer yet when I print something the screen on the printer says 'now printing', but it fails to print anything. However, I tried printing a few words and that worked but I still can't print documents. I think this has something to do with the disk space on the print server and about something called 'spooling'. I would greatly appreciate anyone's help on this issue.

Thank you,

TheetuGP14

Relevancy 91.59%

My computer won't boot into Windows 98se during start-up, so I've been trying to reinstall. Midway through installation I get a message saying I need to free up disk space. Is there a way to do this? Please let me know what other info you might need. Thanks!

Relevancy 91.59%

hi
i have a problem with my laptop.70 gig of my hard space is missed . i know that it is in c:/user/sadra/appdata/local but
when i check each subfolder or subfile in "local" i cant find such a huge space like that.
i have read many posts about it but in fact all solutions were useless .
i appreciate any suggestion.

A:hard disk free space lost

Please post a snip of your maximised disk management window
start>type diskmgmt.msc>enter
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Have you turned on show hidden files and folders
Control Panel>folder options>view>tick show hidden files and folders
May just be that the file in question is hidden so you cant see it

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/272638-hard-disk-free-space-lost.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Win XP Home SP Free space decreases at rate of to MB daily System is clean of spy ad ware trojans and worms as tested and cleaned regularly of temp and internet files Could this be a Restore problem HiJack This scan herewith Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss up Win disk XP hard SP2 eating space free exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C PROGRAM FILES SUNBELT SOFTWARE COUNTERSPY CLIENT Win XP SP2 eating up hard disk free space SUNASDTSERV exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Common Files Win XP SP2 eating up hard disk free space AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe G NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE G NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files America Online a waol exe C Program Files America Online a shellmon exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by America Online O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YCOMP DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YCOMP DLL O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run SUNASDTSERV C PROGRAM FILES SUNBELT SOFTWARE COUNTERSPY CLIENT SUNASDTSERV exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL EE AOLHostManager exe O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run AOL Fast Start quot C Program Files America Online a AOL EXE quot -b O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk G MS Works Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLL O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PRO... Read more

A:Win XP SP2 eating up hard disk free space

Have you placed a limit on the size of System Restore?

Have you placed a limit on the size of your browser cache?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-sp2-eating-up-hard-disk-free-space.391480/
Relevancy 91.59%

Last night, the available free space on my computer's hard disk was 8.11GB. Today, it's at 7.77GB. I did not install anything or download anything, either last night or today. The free space has been dropping down like this for days. What could be the cause of it?

A:The hard disk free space keeps dropping

Hello bd74,

If you like, the tutorial below may be able to help you determine what is using up you hard drive space.

Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/398929-hard-disk-free-space-keeps-dropping.html