Windows Support Forum

Mad Catz RAT 7 MMO mouse drivers won't work

Q: Mad Catz RAT 7 MMO mouse drivers won't work

Just got the new mouse home, but to enable aim precision and other programmable buttons and need to get the drivers. When I try to download them it says plug in the device, which is already plugged in and I have also tried in different usb ports and safe mode. Anyone with this mouse got it to work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mad-catz-rat-7-mmo-mouse-drivers-wont-work.199725/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mad Catz RAT 7 MMO mouse drivers won't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 21.5%

After going through lots of programs and cleaning out an infection, I restarted it and it is almost totally unusable. I can confirm that both mouse and keyboard work, mouse light is on, and keyboard lets me open the calculator. Any help please? Thanks.

A:Can't move my mouse, but computer is not frozen

If the mouse is USB (not a PS/2 connection), try disconnecting and then reconnecting. You could also try a different USB port for the mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-move-my-mouse-but-computer-is-not-frozen.183253/
Relevancy 20.64%

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

A:AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-nvidia-and-intel-release-new-gpu-drivers-for-windows-10.217386/
Relevancy 21.5%

I want to buy a new gaming mouse and these are the three mice that I have for the same price-g9x , g402 and CM Mizar for 40$.please suggest me the better one and please tell why too.does g402 have no acceleration and is it the fastest mouse and is its sensor as good as g502.please reply quickly.please suggest any mouse if you consider some other mouse better for the same price.
thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-better-gaming-mouse-g9x-vs-g402-vs-cm-mizar-for-40.216922/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 19.35%

I recently bought a Windows DVD to put it on the new PC I'm building for my mom. That PC has troubles with the DVD drive itself (stupid motherboard doesn't have IDE..), so I figured I'd set up a bootable USB to install Windows before the adapter arrives. Problem is, the installation DVD isn't playing on my drive (I tried another DVD with a movie on it before, so I don't think its my drive). I brought it to a PC shop and for them it worked fine, even though its quite scratched on the back (I guess the person selling those DVDs doesn't know how to ship them properly) I didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for them copying the DVD, even though I'll probably end up having to do that.

Any ideas what the problem is, or what I can do? I'm not sure if the DVD will work in my moms drive either..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-works-with-other-drives-but-not-mine-while-other-dvds-work.216661/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

A:Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 19.35%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey guys... I just got a new EVGA GTX650 ti boost superclocked. I just put it in and I was not getting any signal to my monitor. I tried VGA, HDMI and DVI. Nothing worked and when I took it out to try booting with my integrated graphics, I didn't get any signal to my monitor. All of my connections and wires are connected properly, my power supply is the right voltage and has enough power to support my graphics card. My hard drives are spinning but I cant access my BIOS. I have tried everything that is common. I know my graphics card is not defective and im thinking that it might be my motherboard. Any suggestions?

A:My integrated graphics won't work

You were using integrated graphics before the discrete card? It's strange that your onboard isn't working if it was before hand. Usually it's just a overlooked cable or something plugged in the wrong place. Did you make any changes to BIOS? Some boards require you to change the primary display adapter to PCIE or onboard. Maybe a BIOS reset will help the situation. I doubt there is any issues with the MOBO itself. I suggest stripping the build down to nothing but the bear essential components for operation. This way you can isolate the issue a lot easier.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-integrated-graphics-wont-work.194322/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a Gateway NE56R34u Laptop, I tried to check the drivers in device manager and it seems that everything has been installed properly or no missing drivers found but when I tried to check some of my hardware in DXDIAG showing N/A for (operating system, processor video etc.) I also tried to update it or uninstall the driver but still the same help me out please thank you

A:Have drivers but showing in DXDIAG N/A

I also uploaded some information so atleast it will be easier for some to determine my issue thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-drivers-but-showing-in-dxdiag-n-a.215501/
Relevancy 21.07%

In dxdiag option and in Display option all 3 acceleration options are not available in my pc. But I had installed the drivers and hardware for graphics then too it showing not available. Can anybody tell me how can I enable all those 3 options. I have Standard VGA Graphics Adaper.
Here is screenshot for reference -

A:Display Drivers Not Available

And Only Because Of That I am not able to open any game or sofware which requires display graphics. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-drivers-not-available.214649/
Relevancy 19.78%

I am considering purchasing a MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970 for my new computer build, and heard from somewhere that it is not compatable with windows 7? Is this true?

A:Will my mobo work?

Where did you hear that? It will run Windows 7 just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-mobo-work.214529/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 20.21%

AMD has finally released a new set of Catalyst beta drivers for Radeon graphics cards, promising performance improvements in two recently-released PC titles: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and Project Cars.

Read more

A:AMD releases Catalyst 15.5 beta drivers for The Witcher 3, Project Cars

I dont know why but after 14.4, every driver is causing BSOD and restarts randomly on my R9 290

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-releases-catalyst-15-5-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-project-cars.213498/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware. There's a ton of controversy surrounding what did...

Read more

A:AMD is working on Catalyst beta drivers for 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' and 'Project Cars'

"AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware."

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, "runs like crap" doesn't strike me as professional an expression as "runs terribly" or "are both exceptionally poor performers on..." It may convey the sentiments of the accompanying article comments, but those are supposed to be crude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-is-working-on-catalyst-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-and-project-cars.213323/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 19.35%

As I don't go menu and Monitor's won't buttons the work away am writing this I have this blue square on the screen with all the settings for this monitor Whichever button I press on the monitor the menu won t go away Not even the power button works so that means I can Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work t disable Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work the monitor Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn t work as soon as the picture appears the menu appears Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work as well Let me give you a bit of a history as it might help determine the cause About a month ago my old monitor monitor started behaving weird It started turning itself off every now and again Sometimes few times a minute Every time it turns off it turns back on with the splash screen saying quot BENQ quot and everything I had no idea why it does that I tried pressing the buttons on it to go into the menu but every button seemed to shut it off and every button seemed to turn it on So I gave it to a family friend to try and fix it He said that the quot control board quot started dying and that he doesn t have a spare one or something like that He then gave me a spare monitor of his monitor until I can buy a new one or fix monitor So I took monitor from him and sent monitor to the shop so they can try and fix it About a week passes and the shop calls and says that they fixed monitor I go and pick it up and when I came home I unplug monitor and plug in monitor monitor was working perfectly then Monitor worked for about minutes and started shutting down again And when I tried using the buttons they wouldn t work again Same thing as last time So I return it to the shop and tell them that it doesn t work That was about a week and a half ago They still didn t fix it The problem is now the monitor also started having problems It doesn t turn off yet but the menu buttons don t work Power button doesn t work Nothing And on top of that the menu won t disappear from the screen As I am typing this there s a menu on top of everything Every now and again the menu will switch to a different option like quot brightness quot quot auto adjustment quot and such like the buttons are being pressed Now I am wondering could it be that my PC is quot breaking quot these monitors Is there a way for a PC to physically damage a monitor What should I do in that case Also I should say that ever since monitor died and after I installed monitor my PC has been getting blue screens of death It hasn t happened once in years since I got this PC and it started after I got monitor I don t know if that s something that s important but there it is If you need more info please let me know I am trying to figure out what is happening and every bit of help is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work

No one has any relevant information?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-menu-wont-go-away-and-the-buttons-dont-work.212651/
Relevancy 21.5%

Anyone that spends a considerable amount of time in front of a monitor can attest that finding the right mouse is a must. While there are plenty of boxes to tick when searching for a suitable pointer, for me, it...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What kind of mouse do you use?

Roccat Kone XTD (laser). It's the best mouse I've had so far. My Death Adder has been demoted to closet duty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-kind-of-mouse-do-you-use.212356/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 39.99%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-demension-e510s-windows-xp-keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work.211116/
Relevancy 21.5%

When I say gaming I mean 5-button. I like those forward-backward buttons and I rely on them heavily. I'd prefer something ergonomic, but if my budget is too low then what the heck. I've had a 10 TeckNet mouse for the past 2 years and it's been okay, just not the greatest position for my fingers, which hurt after prolonged use. I am, of course, right-handed.

Right now my best bet is to get the MSI Interceptor DS100.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-good-cheap-gaming-mouse-%C2%A310-20.210953/
Relevancy 21.5%

Many manufacturers have developed a touch-first approach to input devices, spurred by the rapidly evolving mobile revolution. Such methods work great on select devices but when it comes time to do some serious work, nothing has yet replaced the trusty...

Read more

A:Logitech's new MX Master Wireless Mouse said to be its best yet

Too bad they don't mention a left handed version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitechs-new-mx-master-wireless-mouse-said-to-be-its-best-yet.210722/
Relevancy 21.5%

For reference I have a Lenovo Y P IdeaPad laptop I can list additional specs if needed although I m not sure if it s necessary or not Anyways so I ve always been using a wireless USB mouse with my laptop and I ve had no problems with it up until a few days ago I was using a simple Logitech wireless USB mouse the kind that was no more than USD Well about a week ago I found out the battery was dying and I had to replace them but I waited a few days until I noticed a weird quot lag quot in my movements of the mouse Sometimes the mouse would occasionally lag behind my movements - say if I move my mouse in Moving lag mouse noise static causes and rapid movements it Moving mouse causes lag and static noise would show onscreen of much slower movements So I replaced the battery and reset the mouse To no success I still had the same issue except I realized I was unable to Moving mouse causes lag and static noise move the mouse while streaming YouTube videos or playing games or it would cause severe lag on both the slower mouse movements and either the YouTube video would stutter lag or the game would lag also causing this static-y sound to appear whenever it was lagging behind So earlier today I picked up a new wireless mouse this time a Microsoft one for about USD Let me just say that I have never had issues where I had to replace a mouse except maybe once every months to a year for other minor reasons So I installed a new battery installed the new mouse into the laptop and I am still getting the same issues Sorry if this is long but I am not extremely tech savvy in this wireless mouse department lol I have looked all over the Internet and couldn t find anything that fixed the solution for me I have Windows by the way Also if it matters I recently installed Norton Security after my subscription was close to ending and I also installed an older version of Direct X as well as install CCleaner I don t think these problems affected this but still I also scanned my laptop for viruses and I am told by Norton that I do not have any viruses or anything Finally I tried to go into Device Manager and uninstall the USB wireless mouse drivers and reinstalled them to no luck The only temporary solution I have as of now is to take out the USB for five seconds and put it back in but that solution only works for about minutes until it goes back to normal Also if anyone knows any solutions try to make a step by step process or something because I have trouble finding certain things on my computer as it is lol Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Moving mouse causes lag and static noise

My fairly new Acer R14 has the exact same problem and can't find a solution anywhere. I'm using both a USB mouse and keyboard (not wireless), and I also happened to fix it momentarily by unplugging them.

Some guy fixed a similar problem by taking off the microphone boost.
Got to Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Properties > Levels > Microphone Boost.
Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

I'm a noob with computers so I don't know if this matters but I downloaded a game that runs on DirectX 9, to which I understand the computer already comes with DirectX, but I don't know if it downloaded something extra for an older version. Also can't uninstall it.

Sorry for not being so helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-mouse-causes-lag-and-static-noise.210051/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all So I got G today from an online webstore today I ve been using a super old button logitech back-up mouse since my G died I ll describe my procces thus far Plugged in G when computer was on No sign of life windows tries to install a driver fails Device manager lists the G under Other devices with a yellow triange telling me no driver is installed Then went to logitech com to download the drivers and support software LGS LGS being the Logitech Gaming Software utillity that is the only downloadable support from logitech com fails to recognize my mouse just the G keyboard I Logitech issues G502 connection/recognition mouse have Tried the troubleshooting option of rebooting and re-installing the LGS no dice However the G does light up during booting up Booted the computer with the backup mouse unplugged and the G plugged in It works cursor movement left right click no advanced buttons for - mins before going back Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues to the Device fail to install and the Device Manager placing it under other devices etc Plugged my backup back in tried manually updating drivers in the Device manager selecting it as a Mice and other pointing devices type of device and choosing the drivers from LGS drivers LGSHidFilter tried all subfolders of drivers but this one was the only one that held any inf files the Device Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues manager recognised as a good drivers Selected the g driver No G driver was listed only a G s It tried to install but gave the error Device could not start code After reading threads in the logitech forum tried the FWUpdate a firmware update for the g option but installer tells me to connect my mouse before proceeding Even though my mouse IS plugged in Plugging it in and out doesnt help As for now im at my wits end I even tried borrowing someones g mouse and encoutered much the same issues All I can think of is to race from booting up with just the G plugged in to either the FWUpdate or the manual install from the device manager and see if the install goes through when it still works Seems rather unlikely and a silly way to go about things I hope anyone with similar issues can help me out any advice is super appreciated P S oh using Win ultimate bit nbsp

A:Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues

I just fixed this exact problem on my Win7 Media Center x64. It's a bit convoluted, but the core of the issue is Windows not recognizing the device type properly. What you have to do is open up Device Manager and assign the drivers for Windows. This should fix the mouse.

Head into Device Manager and click View up top. Choose Devices by Connection. You'll see why in a second.
Expand the top entry until you find a PCI Bus. Expand that, then expand all the USB Host Controllers. One of them should have an entry for G502 Gaming Mouse under it.
Right click it and select Update Driver Software, then Browse My Computer for Driver Software. Now click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
Go down to USB Devices and install it as a USB Composite Device. The mouse should light up. Nice! It still doesn't work, though.
Now there'll be two more entries underneath the USB Composite Device, both of which should be G502 Gaming Mouse. Right click one and go back to the list of device drivers. This time go to Human Interface Devices and select USB Input Device for each of them. A bunch of new devices should populate beneath each USB Input Device, one of which should be HID-Compliant Mouse. Your mouse should now work!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g502-mouse-connection-recognition-issues.205348/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone!
I'm having issues with my computer..my mouse seems to randomly move on its own. It doesn't happen all the time, It's rare for it to occur outside a video game. When I'm playing it will do and move to the exact same place everytime. It press buttons and move the mouse to one corner of the screen
this may happen 2-3 times within a 40 minute game.
Anti malwarebytes can't find it, I tried cc cleaning, my mouse is brand new and has been working beautifully until just this week.

I'd be grateful for any help or advice

-Knox.

A:Mouse moves on it's own

Have you tried any other mice?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-moves-on-its-own.190392/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello, lately I've been having the strangest of problems:
My mouse doesn't work as it should - sometimes clicking on something doesn't do anything, sometimes it does something different, as if some altering keys were pressed - eg sometimes clicking on a tab in a browser will close it (with left mouse button).
I have tried to locate and update new drivers for my keyboard and mouse, since these are my guesses for what could be causing this, but couldn't find any driver for the keyboard and the driver for the mouse didn't change anything.

My mouse : Trust MI-6970C Laser Mouse
My keyboard: Genius KB-G265
I'm running Win 7 Professional

I can't think of any changes that I did at the time this started happening, so I'm really at loss.
Thank you for any advice on this.

A:Mouse and Keyboard acting strange

Try them with another computer. If they both work OK suspect either a hardware problem with your computer or a possible malware infection. It could also conceivably be a Windows problem but the other two possibilities are more likely.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-and-keyboard-acting-strange.208308/
Relevancy 21.93%

ALL I did was replace the almost dead batteries & now its a pita to click on something.
Its like the cursor is on ice, I move it up to click on a bookmark & it slides on by & I have to s l o w l y move it into the area.Its a wireless Microsoft mouse.

A:Odd wireless mouse behavior

Open Mouse by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware, and then clicking Mouse.
Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following: To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, move the Select a pointer speed slider towards Slow or Fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-wireless-mouse-behavior.208493/
Relevancy 18.49%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey!
I have an Acer that spontaneously decided I no longer needed to play games. Everything else works perfectly fine. It's been doing this for the past few weeks and I've done all that I can. I'm no tech wizard by any means and I need some help. Pretty much it'll open to the load screen for a few moments then disappear back to my home screen. Any ideas on what it could be and what I can do?

These are the specs:
Acer Aspire V5 Touch with Windows 8.1
Aspire V5-V561PG-9683
Model number: Z5WV2

If you need more info let me know, I still have everything for it.

A:Acer Aspire issues; Games no longer work

If you are talking about the games that are loaded by a app. You will need to uninstall the app. Then reinstall the app. I have no ideal why this happens . But I have seen it more then once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-issues-games-no-longer-work.208471/
Relevancy 19.35%

Can I run 1600mhz ram on a mb which is supported 1333mhz (my config MSI-760gm P21-FX 1gb asus amd radeon 5450 gfx card And 4gb rm of 600mhz.

A:Can 1600mhz ddr3 ram will work on mb which is supported at 1333mhz?

1600 MHz RAM should down-clock to 1333MHz just fine, but I will not make guaranties. It usually works perfect, but there is always the possibility of incompatibilities.

The GPU memory and frequency is independent and irrelevant for this topic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-1600mhz-ddr3-ram-will-work-on-mb-which-is-supported-at-1333mhz.207921/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have done everything I can think of. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have disabled/re-enabled sound cards, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers. I have checked all settings I possibly can think of. My head phones work GREAT and on startup I can hear the sound, but once in windows, no sounds through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-hear-windows-startup-but-after-that-nothing-headphones-work-though.207890/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

I installed win 7 x86 on a sony vaio vpceb36fg. Everything seems OK but the Fn keys. The combination of Fn+related keys work only for sound volume and screen lock button and not for others!

How to get all Fn keys worked please?
Is it needed to install any tool/utility?

A:Fn keys don't work

Your laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit so I'm curious as to why you decided to install a 32 bit version.

Laptops, particularly Vaios, have specific functions assigned to keys. On yours you were previously able to surf the web and play DVDs without booting up into Windows. To regain all that you've lost will take quite a bit of work. The utilities you need will be on a Sony support site. However, sometimes things have to be installed in a particular order before they work. It took me a long time Googling, downloading utilities and experimenting to get everything working when I reinstalled the OS on my Vaio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-keys-dont-work.207842/
Relevancy 19.78%

Before I say anything else, I am very new to building a computer. Ive never built one in my life. I am curious if the setup I have to far will work! I am trying to look for pretty cheap but good options for parts. So far I have a case, processor, and GPU in mind. I need ideas for the motherboard especially. I dont know how to tell if everything would work correctly, so if something would be incompatible, could you tell me?

So far I have

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower
Ram:
Motherboard:
Hard-Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Power Supply:
DVD Drive:
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor:

Would there be anything else I need? Also what is thermal compound and Heatsink? Are these required for my setup? Please tell me if there is anything wrong with this so far and what items I should use for the unfilled spaces! Thank you all so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-setup-work.207722/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a toshiba laptop right at a year of having it, it will not allow me to get internet connection even though it shows its getting wifi or set up through the router.. Is this a virus or other issue

A:Toshiba Internet won't work

Moving this topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-internet-wont-work.207422/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

A:Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 19.35%

Well I am accessing my remote router via and it works access work via phone, Remote PC doesnt via ok when I am using my Phone s Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC browser chrome or IE on Samsung however when I am at computer at work I cant access my router I ran Tracert and I am getting up to hoops and th says quot Request timed out quot lt ms lt ms ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC ms ms ms border ge - unitedair- chg pnap net ms ms ms core te - -bbnet chg pnap net ms ms ms ae - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms xe- - - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms c-eth- - - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms he- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms ms ms ms te- - - - -sur mortongrove il chicago com net ms ms ms te- - -cdn mortongrove il chicago comcas t Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Anyone would know why it works on the phone and doesnt really go through all the way to the end nbsp

A:Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC

Ok I have to ask first when you are using your phone is it always using mobile data or do you connect it at work via wifi? When reason that makes sense to me is at your work they maybe blocking the remote port. I guess it all depends on what you are using also. If you are just using standard RDP then they might be blocking port 3389. If you could give further information on how you are connecting remotely whether using software such as teamviewer or just standard RDP. Also how do you have your router configured. I can better understand witht is information thanks....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-access-ok-via-phone-doesnt-work-via-pc.206550/
Relevancy 21.93%

My usb mouse is connected, it's led is on, but it's not moving the cursor at all.
I tried unplugging and plugging it in every usb port I have but still not working.
Strangely keyboard 100% works and usb drive works too
Help me.....
I tried another mice that's 100% working on my other computers and they all won't work.
What should I do?

A:Mouse problem

I would have a look in 'Device Manager' at the line 'Mice and other pointing devices'
Click the small arrow to the left of that line, to get the next line to show, below it.
Right click on that, and choose either 'update driver' or 'Uninstall' and then reboot your pc, with the mouse connected, and Windows should install the driver for it again.
I'm assuming this is a Microsoft mouse, if another type it might need it's own driver which should have been supplied with it, but it would be very unusual not to work in Windows at all, whatever the maker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-problem.206868/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey guys

I have a problem with my laptop.
Sometimes the space bar, n and enter key stops working. When this happens, I can usually hit the button a few times and the key finally registers. It happens randomly and quite often. But sometimes I can type for hours without it happening.

I have not spilled any liquid on my laptop and I haven't dropped it. The problem started randomly a few months ago.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

The laptop is an Asus K55V. It is nearly 3 years old

- Fred

A:Laptop keys sometimes don't work

Hey Fred,
Not sure if this might work that well, but give it a try! If it doesn't..go to a technician...its probably the best idea.

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-sometimes-dont-work.205954/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello guys..I have a same a problem..I cant play any of my mouse in my laptop..can u help me to fix it..thank you so much.

Moderator note: Moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...t-computer-is-not-frozen.183253/#post-1430301

A:Can't move my mouse, but computer is not frozen

You can't use any USB mice in your laptop? How many have you tried?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-move-my-mouse-but-computer-is-not-frozen.205615/
Relevancy 19.35%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 19.35%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 19.78%

I got a hp 6371it

link --> (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02054227&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/it_i...

I have this problem: I bought a kingston Dimm ValueRam 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Non-ECC CL9 (it is compatible with my mb according to hp website). I installed it on my pc and:
1) if I install just that ram it works fine
2) if I install that ram I bought and one ore both ram I had already installed in my pc it doens't work or it blocks on hp main screen or it appears the classic blue screen of hardware error and it never enter on windows (it asks for a system reinstallation)
what is the problem? should I do something else? I tried mounting rams in different slots, I tried everything

please help!!

A:Compatible ram don't work

Sound as though the ram you bought is not compatible with the existing ram. Is the ram you bought the same specs as the old ram?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-dont-work.205230/
Relevancy 15.05%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi can any one help I cant hear any sound on my laptop its all turned up but when I conect it to my tv the volumes fine but soon as I disconnet from the tv the sound ont go.

A:Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-wont-work-on-asus-x53u-laptop.204577/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi, hope I've put enough specs in profile for you to help. I have a Compaq Presario 6735s I bought around 2008. CPU quite slow but graphics card not bad so made decision to upgrade. Looked up the laptop manual here to find compatible CPUs for motherboard, socket type etc. Went through 3 different (*****ic) buys before I found one that actually fitted.
Now with everything reassembled, screen will flash up once upon powering on, then nothing. All usual lights come on, even my wireless connects, makes usual start up noises, fan, dvd drive etc ....
Proceeded to take everything apart again, re-connected everything I tampered with. Even RAM, which I didn't have to remove before.
Still same reaction starting up.

Really frustrated with myself as thought this would be the right one. Could honestly cry, haha.

I read the tutorial on here called 'No POST' to no avail either. I really hope it can come back from this.
One last thing I can think of (before pulling new CPU out) is upgrading BIOS to support new CPU but with no screen I am stuck.

Can someone please give me a little direction?

A:Upgraded CPU on laptop, now screen won't work

Did you re-install the old CPU to see if the laptop booted normally again? Upgrading CPU's on laptop motherboards can be a very difficult thing to do. What is supposed to be compatible in reality is not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-cpu-on-laptop-now-screen-wont-work.204383/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello to all I m going to install Win XP properly port The ps/2 of doesn't work the motherboard on my computer I had win but had some problem with installing the HP printer on it and so I decide to install XP because that printer seems to be installed properly The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly on XP Now When I put the XP CD on the CD driver it says press a ker to boot from CD and I press the Enter key now the keyboard works after that within installation time when that I should press Enter to install XP this time the keyboard doesn t work My guess is that the ps port of the case has problem it s old and somewhat has been broad Now what is the solution in your point of The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly view please My system manufacturer is quot ECS quot and the system model is quot pl-A quot PS there are two black amp white screens which mobo shows First screen shows the amount of RAM the model of CPU the IDEs and info like these which is common for first screen But the here when I want to enter to BIOS by pressing Del key it seems that keyboard doesn t work so it doesn t go to bios The second black amp white screen shows fewer info and it says quot Press shift-F to configure and when I press these two I can to enter to an environment that seems to not be the BIOS the keyboard here WORKS It has very few options And apparently doesn t have options of manipulating the keyboard settings nbsp

A:The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly

No idea!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-ps-2-port-of-the-motherboard-doesnt-work-properly.204104/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi! I usually post over in the malware/viruses section, but I don't ...think this is virus/malware related? That is, my mouse has recently (within the past week or so) decided that it's going to start double-clicking, which is something of an irritation when dragging/dropping things, or when playing video games of any kind, mostly. I don't think this is malware/virus related, since I've run my malwarebytes/MSE scans and found nothing; I've even run malwarebyte's anti-rootkit to see if it was just something strange going on there, and found nothing, too.

My mouse is a few - about six? - months old, and it doesn't really have any issues aside from this, nor have I had any problems with it before now. It's an E-blue Cobra mouse, and googling doesn't seem to be terribly helpful as far as "Go ___ for new/updated drivers!", so I'm sort of stuck on that front, too.

Anyone have any suggestions/fixes they know of that might help?

A:Double-clicking mouse

Have you check in the control pane. Under folder options? Once you click on this and the window opens. Look for ( Click Items as follows) Here it will give you the option to single click on Items or double click. You should be able to change your settings there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/double-clicking-mouse.203828/
Relevancy 19.78%

So currently I have a modem in the living room Cisco EPC and then it goes all the way to my room to a Cisco WRTG V router Yesterday out of the blue it stopped working This is because I previously had routers in the network Asus and Cisco anyways I decided to disconnect my asus and use only the cisco but the router just won t work I reseted it to it s fabric settings But when I log into it it says the router s IP adress is And hands out IP adresses to my pc such as I have no idea what to do Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search Router work won't properly List sbb rs Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - Router won't work properly -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Router won't work properly IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap sbb rs Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ebd bbaa ebd bbaa Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users MiKi gt This is my ipconfig with the modem and this is with my router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE - - BA - E- B A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users MiKi gt nbsp

A:Router won't work properly

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the router? (long press)
I have seen this 'reset button' on several router brands/models like tp-link (tl-wr941n, tl-wr740n old version, tl-wr740n newer version), buffalo draft-N routers, cdrking routers (made in china router brand sold in the Philippines).

if the reset process I described is the same as what you typed in your first post, try to manually change the router ip address.

my wimax modem ip address = 192.168.1.1
so for the tp-link wr-740 router, I use ip address - 192.168.0.1

login to your router and change it. if there's any save button, click it. my router prompts me to reboot the router. after a few seconds, the preferred ip address I have chosen is good for use.
(I have hidden my MAC address)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-wont-work-properly.203477/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm looking for a decent ergonomic mouse to help take stress off my wrists while they heal and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Ergonomic keyboards are also on my list, but I will be unable to get them at the same time. I'm willing to go near $40 for one if that's necessary for a decent one, but I can't get them both at the same time due to a strict budget. I'd be happy if anyone could help me out. My only exclusions would be something being shipped directly from china Thanks

A:Recommended Ergonomic Mouse and Keyboards?

I like the Logitech Wave keyboard and mouse combo. Together, they go for $50. The MS ergonomic keyboard also seems fine looking at the reviews, but I haven't tried it personally. I would google, "Best Ergonomic mouse and Keyboards" and see what they recommend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommended-ergonomic-mouse-and-keyboards.203640/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am unable tomove my PS2 mouse. I tried reebooting my pc by plugging and unplugging my mouse but it doesn't work. my device manager is not listing the mouse option.

A:My mouse is frozen

Have you tried using a different mouse to see if the mouse is the problem? How about trying a USB mouse to see if that works? You say you tried re-booting the pc by unplugging and plugging in the mouse, does this mean that you simply unplugged the mouse or did you actually try shutting down the computer and re-starting it (the proper way through your Operating System)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mouse-is-frozen.203602/
Relevancy 21.5%

Replaced the mobo (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3), CPU (AMD FX-4300 Vishera), and RAM (G-Skill RipJaws 4MBx2) in an older system running WinXP (planning to upgrade to Win7 ASAP). Everything booted up just fine, but the HP keyboard and the Logitech mouse, both of which which work fine on another computer, aren't being recognized at all by the computer. No error messages, just not working. Not even lighting up. We've tried every USB port on the system, and even used a USB-PS/2 adapter to try it that way, to no avail. I'm out of things to try. My only thoughts:

1. Could USB be disabled in BIOS by default? If so, how do I change that without a keyboard and mouse, when I can't even access the BIOS?

2, Could the USB system on the new motherboard be defective? How do I test that?

3. Is there any possibility at all that it's related to the Antec 500W PSU--perhaps not enough wattage for this system? (Hard drives are all pretty old.)

A:USB keyboard and mouse not working after upgrade

Create and boot from a Knoppix Live CD (just google to find and download the ISO). If USB still doesn't work when you boot from knoppix, you know it must be either hardware or BIOS issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-upgrade.203285/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi there,

My mouse cursor freezes once every ~30s for about 1~2s. It doesn't happen all the time, but I suspect it might happen because of the usage of postgreSQL, as I've seen 2 other people with the same problem who also used it.

I have tested another mouse, the problem persists. I've tried updating mouse/USB drivers as well, nothing helped.

My trackpad, however, doesn't stop working at any time.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Mouse cursor freezing

Interesting how when you tested another mouse the issue persisted, but it works with the trackpad. Are both mice you tried (non-trackpad) wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-freezing.203256/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just got a new system that is rather light on the USB ports, so I figured I'd take advantage of the built in bluetooth. That being said are there any bluetooth mice that the users of Techspot either own and like, or find appealing? I tend to like my mice full sized and being contoured for the right hand is a bonus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-bluetooth-mouse.203145/
Relevancy 21.93%

I was thinking of getting a used death adder off ebay. Are their any new mice for 30$ as good as a death adder? With 2 side buttons?

I was looking on newegg but most mice don't tell you their response time, death adder has 1 ms. idk it seems like if I am not buying razor I am gettting crap.

How about 60$?

A:Gaming mouse for $30?

A lot of razer mice are pretty junkie to be honest.
There are many deathadder and razer fakes in general on ebay, so look into it, it's very common (for new ones). Obviously used ones could just as well be fake, and the seller may not even know it.
The fakes are not bad though I hear.

Most mice can support a polling rate of 1000hz.

Some good mice with good sensors in that price range are Razer Abyssus, Logitech G100s, Roccat Savu, Zowie Mico, and CM Storm Spawn.
Most of those mice use the Avago 3090 with a fairly well implemented ROM AFAIK, but I don't have any myself except the Abyssus.
AFAIK the polling rate on all these mice can be set to 1000hz except the G100s, which is 500hz max.

Sorry there aren't a lot of side buttons available at $30, but the mice I listed above have top performing sensors for a good price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse-for-30.202878/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi everyone,
I've bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D a year ago.
It works awsome ! But this morning it was off the light and cannot work while plug in any computers.
I am very bored and nervous, I think it was broken down and cannot work anymore.
Am I right ?
Please say NO and help me
Thank you very much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-blaster-wirless-doesnt-work.202270/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello My sound chip on my board was blew for no reason bad thing only being a month old bored and I am not waiting days to rma it and for me to get it back anyway I managed to pick up a old sound card not sure on the model Motherboard? Work. Not Maybe Did Sound Card that worked fine for three days then stopped outputing audio so I bought a sound card intex cmi that did not have the bit wndows dirvers and everytime I turned the computer off the machine would not detect the card I then I have to press the reset button or turn the system a few times to get the card to be recognized again and I could not also find the drivers for the OS Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? I checked at the back of the cards box and it says bit pci bus master What does the mean could that be that the card was not compatible for the stystem or could it be the motherboard I tried a nvidia video card in the Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? PCI-E slot and the card works fine with no faults The sound card was using the PCI slot and I tried every PCI slot My Motherboard asrock fm a x extreme Thanks nbsp

A:Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard?

I tested in a very old card from 2001 or 2004 something like that and it appears there's power going through the card so that's the plus.
Maybe it's because I'm using old crap and the sound card model is old?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-did-not-work-maybe-motherboard.202240/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a toshiba satellite pro and usually use the touchpad with my right hand rather than a mouse. I attached an external mouse for my daughter to use, and changed the settings to lefthanded. I disconnected and shut down. Since then, each time I restart the computer, the touchpad does not work correctly. Instead of double clicking on the touchpad, I have to rightclick. I have to go into mouse settings on control panel, and move the double click speed, click apply and then the touchpad works correctly then. Why is this? Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-problems-after-using-left-handed-mouse.201828/
Relevancy 19.35%

My laptop doesn't work with wifi when I first open it. It will show at the bottom of the screen that it is fully connected and has full bars, but when I open the internet the pages will not open. I must restart the computer and then it will work. How can I fix this?

A:Laptop doesn't work with wifi

When the WiFi is active, the laptop NIC should be disabled - - easy - - just unplug the the cable to the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-work-with-wifi.201724/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi mouse and responding after Keyboard not bootup Its been a while since I last posted here boy has this site changed I generally know how to fix my pc problems when they arise and if I dont google has been my friend but I have ran into something that has me banging my head on the desk My pc that I built just over a year ago or so has been running smoothly until today I woke up from a nap and booted up my pc and neither my mouse or my keyboard would respond My microphone is also plugged in via USB the light on that is on as with my caps lock key on my keyboard but my mouse light will not turn on after I tried unplugging and replugging it Please note Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup I am unable to enter bios since I cannot get my keyboard working I also am not able to run in safe mode because that also requires keystrokes Keyboard and mouse are in good working order as I am using them now on my Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup secondary PC one that got replaced to type out this thread I took these steps unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in - no results - restarted pc - no results unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in in different locations - no results Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup - restarted pc - no results unplugging USB mouse and used the USB to PS adapter to plug it back in via PS - no results - restarted pc - no results So now that I am unable to get into bios or safe mode what are my options I was thinking of just trying to re-install windows but only as a last resort Thanks in advance I dont think my current system specs are needed to help fix this issue but I will include them just in case to save you guys time Processor Intel core i Motherboard ASRock Extreme X Cooling NZXT Kraken X Memory Geil Enhance Corsa DDR GB Video Card s EVGA SuperClocked GTX Titan Hard Disk s OCZ Vertex GB SSD Toshiba TB HDD Optical Drive ASUS External BR Burner Power Supply CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid w Software Win Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm Mechanical Mouse ROCCAT Kone Pure nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup

Nvm for now, it seems to be working now, but not with my mechanical keyboard, I reverted back to an older usb 2.0 keyboard and now it and my mouse both work fine.

though, my mechanical keyboard does work fine on my old pc.

so still a lil confused on that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-after-bootup.201260/
Relevancy 21.07%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 19.35%

I hope this is the right section to ask this question in. I'm a big newbie.
I'm having an issue that I have no clue how to solve. There is a specific webpage that I try to view at home with my laptop, and it never loads on Chrome and Firefox, but does on Explorer. But when I take the same laptop to work or school, it does load that website on all browsers. I also have a desktop that stays home, and has the same problem. Its so strange. I don't know if it's a network thing, or an facebook app thing.

I've tried re-installing Chrome, deleting all cookies and caches, disabling all extensions or plugins, and updating Flash and Java. Any ideas?

Mod Note: Facebook game link removed, you are too new to be trusted fully. Problem m ay be solvable without the exact game anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-works-at-work-not-home.201025/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am having Nvidia Geforce 740M 2 GB graphic card .My Graphic card drivers are malfunctionig.The screen starts to flicker when I play games like dishonored ,arkham city etc .I have tried reinstalling the games as well as I have Uninstalled and then again installed my graphic card drivers again. I have even tried the newer versions of my graphic card drivers. But its not helping.

A:Graphic card drivers malfunctioning

Spybat said:

I am having Nvidia Geforce 740M 2 GB graphic card .My Graphic card drivers are malfunctionig.The screen starts to flicker when I play games like dishonored ,arkham city etc .I have tried reinstalling the games as well as I have Uninstalled and then again installed my graphic card drivers again. I have even tried the newer versions of my graphic card drivers. But its not helping.Click to expand...

Your GPU maybe going bad, it happens from time to time and this is based on the fact you have uninstalled everything and tried again. Have you also tried lowering the graphics settings in both games lower to see if that helps? Also try making sure Physx is off because thats very demanding for a 740m since Batman has Physx.

My advice is to seek your notebook manufacturer if nothing I said helps and see if they can replace the card in it. I don't know what else off the top of my head you could try since you have done by the sound of things everything correct.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-drivers-malfunctioning.200058/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello! I live in a college apartment (so no access to router). When I hook up my ethernet cable to my computer, all of my messengers work and are connected but I cannot use internet browsers. I recently reformatted my computer and was using a wireless adaptor, but here the internet is so slow that there's really no point and for a decent connection you need to be plugged into the wall. The wall connection worked fine until I reformatted.

This happened before when I moved to my first college and had to use the ethernet cable. I've done everything from messing around with internet explorer proxy settings and whatnot, but what did work was something I found in a thread. It instructed me to go somewhere and delete a file that was blocking the internet part, I guess? I deleted this setting/file and the ethernet connection worked just fine afterwards. I can't find this thread (probably not on this website) anymore. Does anyone here know possibly what the file was?

A:Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

Check for optional Windows Updates, specifically a network driver. The most common name is Realtek.

And/or try installing this driver. - Software: Drivers & Utilities

If still no go, which computer do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-locating-a-file-to-help-my-ethernet-work-again.200022/
Relevancy 19.35%

I am using windows 7 and my webcam is not working,whenever I tried to use to it says "webcam not detected ". even it is absent in device manager and I hope someone will help me to solve the problem.

A:Dell integrated webcam won't work

What is the exact brand and model # of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-integrated-webcam-wont-work.199619/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have a headset set with a mic. It has 3.5mm plugs for the mic and the speakers. Just recently they stopped working together. What I mean is if I have either one of them plugged in, that one works. If I have both plugged in, the sound manager appears as if neither of them are plugged in. I've tried other headphones with the jacks and get the same result. I've tried reinstalling the driver, doing a system restore and using CCleaner to clean my registry. I've also messed around with just about every setting in the audio manager. Anyone have any ideas? It's odd that they work independently, which leads me to believe that the insertion detection is working just fine.

I have a Toshiba Satellite R845-S95 with Windows 7.

A:Headphone and Microphone Jack won't Work Together

Turn off the insertion detection on realtek. Top-right corner somewhere, from memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-and-microphone-jack-wont-work-together.199662/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi so yesterday, after I plugged my mouse back in after a night of it being unplugged.. it stopped working
2 out of 4 usb ports get the red light to come on but the mouse wont move cursor or click.. its not showing in device manager either and nothing shows any problems in device manager

A:Usb optical mouse not working

Uninstall it from device manager, try again after a reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-optical-mouse-not-working.199576/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all.
I tried both of Kolavec's fixes. Neither worked.
I've also tried keeping Youtube and Task Manager open to check which process was doing the damage...
It seems that keeping Task Manager open stops the video from lagging (also tested on IE 11.0.2).
This antidote, sadly, doesn't extend to games.
This thread was created by someone with the same problem who seemed to have found a trojan responsible for the slowdown. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
PS. I'm so relieved that there are recent thread on this topic! Thank you (and I share the pain of every sufferer).

EDIT:
Following the advice given in linked thread, I found an executable file "vpecyihvyphx.exe" that started upon leaving the mouse idle and disappeared when I moved the mouse again. I await any guidance/ recommendations you have for me.

EDIT 2:
I just downloaded and ran MalwareBytes Anti Malware (Free) and it seems to have done the job for now. I'll keep you all posted and I hope this helped some of you.

Moderator note - Post moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...hen-I-dont-move-my-mouse.196106/#post-1375126

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse.199492/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been putting together this build as my first gaming PC and I'm wondering will there been any compatibility issues between any of these parts?

My budget is roughly: 500 / $800 / ?600

Case:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalm...-internal-35-x5-external-35-x1-internal-25-x1

PSU:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-storm-silent-lpj19-25-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v20-psu

RAM:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-...1600)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

HDD:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500gb-toshiba-dt01aca050-35-hdd-sata-iii-6gb-s-7200rpm-32mb-cache

Motherboard:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/giga...r3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

GPU:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-...pu-1000mhz-640-cores-dp-dl-dvi-I-hdmi-plusmou

CPU:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...re-s-am3plus-38ghz-8mb-total-cache-95w-retail

Optical Drive:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/lite...dvdplusrw-x8-rw-x6-dvd-ram-x12-sata-black-oem

Wireless Card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-pce-n15-pcie-300mbps-80211b-g-n-wireless-adaptor-low-profile

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks
~Jack

A:Will this PC work?

That's a pretty sketchy power supply, I wouldn't use it.
That is OK, but I think it would be easier for you if you just got a wifi enabled motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-pc-work.199362/
Relevancy 21.5%

I got this same problem with videos in youtube and such. One quess was that it was a bitcoin miner. Any one know how to get rid of it? My antivirus can't find it.

A:Videos/games lag when i don't move my mouse

Open Task Manager to the performance tab. Leave mouse idle. Does CPU usage rise?

If yes, hit PRocesses tab, and take a screenshot of which process is taking up CPU time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-games-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse.196106/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everyone I m looking for a mouse that has a very nice sensor without acceleration but with a few specific DPI settings I d like a native DPI setting and a DPI setting Mouse Suggestions a little higher up to may be okay but is preferable That s about all the requirements throw at me anything that fits I know a lot of decent laser Mouse Suggestions mice can fit that but AFAIK they all tend to have some sensor flaws Aside from that everything else is pretty flexible but here s what I prefer A couple DPI profile settings Light is preferable Not a large mouse Mouse Suggestions medium small A couple side buttons As for the shape I d have to look at the mouse or Mouse Suggestions try it out to know if I ll like it or not I like the shape of the Roccat Savu and Kone pure In fact I almost picked up a Kone pure for on black friday but the Avago held me back I d also like a pretty slick mousepad to go with it something at least as quick as a Razer Goliathus speed I use about cm so it needs to be a medium sized mat Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Mouse Suggestions

I have a Razer Deathadder 2013, it has DPI settings which can be changed in the software from 100 DPI up to 6400, the lights can be turned on or off and it has 2 custom side buttons which can be changed to do whatever you want. I have a Razer Goliathus speed medium mat which is very good and it feels high quality. It is a good size for my hands but I do have quite large hands but I think once you have used it you won't want to go back to a smaller mouse, I sure don't anyway. That's my personal opinion but it's about how it feels to you and has all the features you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-suggestions.198614/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am using a standard microsoft wireless mouse, that has worked fine for as long as I've had it, but recently I've noticed that when I'm playing a game, I'll get major lag, but then one time I tried using my mouse PAD and I have absolutely no lag. Is there a problem with my mouse? Or just a graphics problem. Help would be appreciated.

A:Mouse lag when moving around in games

Wireless mice have been known to cause input lag while gaming. Try a wired mouse and see if it works; if it does, then the problem was the wireless mouse; if it doesn't, theres some other problem and idk without more info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-lag-when-moving-around-in-games.198409/
Relevancy 21.93%

http://I.imgur.com/URr8kFN.png That's my problem. When I move with the mouse, it doesn't move straight; it shakes. I'm using the Feenix Nascita right now. I was using it for about two weeks and it was fine, then all of a sudden I noticed this problem. I tried two different computers, I've tried with and without mousepad. When I use my table it works better than on the mousepad, but if you look closely it's still a problem. I have no idea what's causing this. I even sent this back to the company and they said they didn't get the problem. They returned it and I still have the problem. I've blown on the sensor, tried different DPIs, and different USB ports, nothing helps.

A:Mouse shaking problem

Hi, SadMango. I may be able to assist you with your problem. When I purchased this mouse I noticed that it came with a pair of "stick-able" mouse feet that attach to the bottom of your mouse. When I attached these pads I noticed that my mouse movement became very scratchy. I removed these pads and the mouse was back to normal. Try this out. I hope it helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-shaking-problem.196801/
Relevancy 21.93%

Basically when I move my mouse (just a generic "optical mouse") I get a static sound though my headphones and speakers and people can hear it when it skype with them, unplugging mouse fixes it and it only occurs when I move the mouse. What could be the problem? Side note: This is my Dad's PC, trying to fix it for him with your help of course.

A:Static when moving usb mouse

Try a different mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-when-moving-usb-mouse.197745/
Relevancy 19.78%

The n key had been not working properly and now it stopped all together. I took the key off and tried pressing the white piece of soft plastic but nothing shows up. Is it time to get a new keyboard or is there something else to try? It seems like such a waist to throw out a keyboard when 1/100+ keys stopped working.

A:1 key on keyboard doesn't work

Try it on another PC and see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-key-on-keyboard-doesnt-work.197264/
Relevancy 19.78%

I don t get why my touchpad doesn t work when I unplug or turn off my mouse I found all the settings I realize I may get an answer I don t want Download drivers etc I can live with this problem unless I suddenly don t have my other laptop especially after spending the night searching for downloading and installing drivers for doesn't work Touchpad my other laptop I was surprised to find that the windows professional my home machine is windows home didn t provide me with network and Touchpad doesn't work other drivers I wasn t seeing any wireless connections Initially I was using an internet stick and the problem wasn t visible I take that machine out with me I had it home last night and that s when I found the problem And trying to get that touchpad driver had me wondering about this one I don t use my laptop keyboard on my home machine preferring a natural contour full keyboard I plug in so I never deal with the touchpad otherwise I d be hitting it all the time which I used to do I am a mouse guy If I had to to take this machine out the touchpad thing would drive me nuts Any thoughts nbsp

A:Touchpad doesn't work

Hi Aarby,

Some computers have keyboard shortcuts which could be a separate key on the keypad or a combination of the Fn + any other Function key depending on the system model for enabling or disabling the touchpad. Since you have not mentioned the system model of your computer, some steps you may try are:

1.Go to Control Panel > Mouse > Device Settings>Click Enable (if disabled).

2.Check under Mouse Properties in Control Panel>Hardware>Mouse. There may be a check-box for Disable Touchpad/Pointing Stick when external USB mouse is present. If this is checked and you connect an external mouse to your laptop, the touchpad may be disabled.

Additionally, we recommend you check the system manual or try some of the steps mentioned in the link below.

Click on this Microsoft link to troubleshoot Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows: http://dell.to/1arqGvz

Hope this helps resolve the issue. Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks & regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-doesnt-work.197125/
Relevancy 21.5%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 19.78%

OK, I know it's weird, but I need to run 32-bit XP SP3 on this board. Anyone know for sure if it will? Asus specs don't list XP but drivers seem abundant for it.

Thanks for any help !!!

A:Asus P9X79-E WS and 32-bit XP SP3 - Will They Work?

I can't make any promises, but I'd be highly inclined to think it would probably work, just from the fact that ASUS listed drivers on their website for Windows XP; if the board wasn't supported, wouldn't they simply not allow you to choose it as an OS selection when downloading drivers? Maybe when they omit XP from the supported OSs list, it's only because it's not fully supported, in terms of long-term updates, even though the OS works. Again this is just speculation, but I don't see a good reason why it wouldn't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p9x79-e-ws-and-32-bit-xp-sp3-will-they-work.196790/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi!

I remember when I first lost my Motorolas original CD, I couldn't find the software anywhere to be downloaded and no one that i knew had a motorola rzr mobile phone...

I found my old cd here a few days ago so I made an .iso file of it and uploaded it (as 13 .rar files, the file max size is 50Mb).

Here it is

Tel me if the link doesn't work or something.

http://cid-e198cc24bf261f09.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Motorola Razr?permissionsChanged=1&1

A:Motorola Razr v3 drivers and software

Yep that works for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-razr-v3-drivers-and-software.159146/
Relevancy 18.92%

I built my first custom PC a month or two ago, and this is the first problem I've encountered.
I live in an apartment complex that provides their own ISP, so my PC has been plugged straight into my ethernet port in my wall (no router). It's worked perfectly until just today.

In the bottom right corner, my computer is telling me that I am connected to the internet, but nothing's working...I really hope it's not a problem with my motherboard.

The thing is, every other device, wired or wireless, in my apartment obtains internet, so I feel like it has to be something with my computer. It was working fine last night and I came home today do start homework and it wont connect.

I'll provide whatever information may help with solving this problem. Anything at all would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Computer says connected, but i get no internet. Other dives in the apartment work fine

Hey mattyg. A few questions.

Are you just using one browser or do you have the same issue when you try a second browser?

If another pc in your apartment connects and gets on the Net via Ethernet cable, is it using the same wall jack?

Is the wireless connection your wireless device connects to coming from your building's Internet connection, or could it be connecting from some other network?

What message do you get when your browser opens and cant make a connection to the Net?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-says-connected-but-i-get-no-internet-other-dives-in-the-apartment-work-fine.196947/
Relevancy 21.93%

My mouse quit working, keyboard still works when I plug in to USB port it says device malfunction, mouse works on other computers. Can anyone help? Thanks

A:Mouse problem

Go to device manager, find all USB devices (including 'hubs), right-click, uninstall. Unplug everything USB from computer, restart (via power button, since mouse/kb won't work).

You should get the "installing driver" balloon on bottom-right when Windows loads. Plug devices in one by one, making sure they all connect and register successfully.

If that still doesn't work, do the above again, but at the shutdown part do this: pull the power plug, clear CMOS (small battery, google it), press power button to clear residual energy, then boot it up and continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-problem.196840/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to post this (I'm new here). Sorry if it's the wrong place!

So my problem is I am running a laptop on windows XP. Every time I start up the computer, it prompts me to install device drivers (HID-compliant devices and stuff). The weird part is, I've already installed those drivers when I first got the computer. I've learned to just press cancel every time those prompts pop up, but I'm wondering if I'm able to stop them from popping up every single time I start the computer. I'm also curious as to why it's doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel core 2 duo
RAM: 2GB DDR3 RAM
Brand: Lenovo R500
Graphics: Intel R 4 series express chipset family (on-board)

A:Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

I'm far from an expert, but why not let them install to see if it quits prompting you? If all else fails, you can roll them back. After all, they could be "updated drivers". Just my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-always-prompting-to-re-install-windows-xp.196822/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi everyone

I have HP dv7 2015tx running windows 7 (64bit) and I have serious problem with wifi connectivity. in last few months the wifi connection started to malfunction and randomly detect and connect to hotspots. and then it stopped working completely after a while. I tried:

-reinstalling, upgrading .... the wireless driver
-using wifi dongle
-replacing the wifi card with a new one
and I found these can not help me in this issue. the same thing happened to my blutooth connectivity last year and after I reinstalled the windows it was all fixed. but this time im not planning to reinstall the windows again.
So in my point of view this problem might be fixed if I fix the way windows is detecting any wifi access !! is there any file missing in windows related to this ?!!

Please help me in this matter

A:WiFi adapter does not work on my laptop

Do you have a wifi router and that's causing you these problems
OR
are you having issues with accessing hotspots?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter-does-not-work-on-my-laptop.195037/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
Has anyone this problem or know how to fix it. When switch on my computer the mouse & keyboard do not work. If I then remove all the USB cables it will then work ok, after a few reboots. I am running Windows 8 64 bit. Would appreciate any advice.

thanks,
Verity25

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-mouse-keyboard-problems.196779/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a T line at the small school I work at maximum of computers I ran line work T1 very at slow a speed test and received a Mbps I ran the same test at home and received a Mbps on a cable connection When T1 line very slow at work I ran the test at work there were only other people on a computer The school pays for the T line Part of that could be payment for actually running the line I think the connection hub was miles away We are in a remote part of PA so future options could be limited From what I know the overall Mbps is So if we have computers on the network does it work like this Mbps Mbps each Is T that slow I thought T was a good connection Has it just become old and outdated Why is it that years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T and we can t run a maximum of computers on it now nbsp

A:T1 line very slow at work

You should be asking your ISP these questions.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I will state my two cents. I think all the machines on the network uses what is known as timeshare. If only one machine needs access then all the bandwidth is alloted to this one machine. But if two machines need access, time is shared between the two machines. Timeshare is split between machines making data request. Once a machine is no longer sending data request, there is no need in timeshare being alloted for the machine. In other words there is no specific set speed for each machine on the network. Network traffic is controlled by how many machines are making network request at any given time.

Hallo104 said:

Why is it that 10 years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T1 and we can't run a maximum of 30 computers on it now?Click to expand...

This phenomenon you mention is the Internet evolving and requiring more bandwidth as it progresses. The Internet 10 years ago wasn't bloated with as many high bandwidth websites. Dial-up was probably still common and fully functional back then. I'd hate to even make a connection with Dial-up now, it would probably take 4 minutes, for a single web-page to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t1-line-very-slow-at-work.195746/
Relevancy 19.35%

So, I recently bought an Asus UX31a running windows 8(in may) and it was working perfectly until a couple months ago. The only browser that works is internet explorer, which is disgusting (I miss Google Chrome) and several programs such as Adobe reader, Google drive, steam and visual studio either lag for about 5 mins each whenever I want to use them (or click something in them), or I have to close them with the task manager because they aren't responding...(This includes when I want to open pdf documents in internet explorer.

I've run several virus checks with ESET smart security which hasn't ever found any viruses...

It would be a great help if anybody could help me find what the problem is.

A:Multiple programs are stopping to work, also, I don't appear to have had or ever have a virus.

Try using a new Windows Restore point. This may not work because of "it was working perfectly until a couple months ago"... It is most likely caused from a stubborn malware infection other than a virus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-programs-are-stopping-to-work-also-i-dont-appear-to-have-had-or-ever-have-a-virus.196063/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am so close to having my new audio system established On the headphone side all I need to do is place my order However I ve run into Z for 32x, card Sound PCI-E? (Will PCIE SBX Sound Blaster Vista work?) a bit of a snag considering the sound card I was Sound card for Vista 32x, PCI-E? (Will Sound Blaster Z SBX PCIE work?) originally recommended the Sound Blaster Z to pair with my headphones Exact card here the one with the external microphone since I ll need it Unfortunately this sound card specifies Windows and as supported operating systems I asked if it would still work for Vista but the other forum headphone forum seemed to think that it wouldn t unfortunately I m not looking to upgrade my OS As horrible and clunky as it is I ve made it work for me IF it would work with Vista than just let me know and read no further If not I d love if I could get some recommendations for a comparable card I m looking for the best sound card possible given my physical and operational specs I have PCI-E slots x and x free and my OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x The card will support both gaming and music though I m more concerned with gaming than music at this point I m not looking to drop a bundle the SB-Z was a little on the expensive side but as high as or is acceptable Please let me know if you have any suggestions I m raring to place my orders haha nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-vista-32x-pci-e-will-sound-blaster-z-sbx-pcie-work.196149/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have no idea where to start loking for solutions. NBegining about an hour ago, no key wil work twice in a row. Backspace wil only back up once, delete wil only delelt one character in a row, page-down wil ionly page down one page and not more.
If I go do something else, and come back, the key wil work again. So, by combining delete and backspace and arrow keys and re-positioning the mouse, I can type whatever I want - it is just taking a lot more effort! -Any ideas? I would put a bu nch of excalamation marks, but this is al I have: !

A:No key will work twice in a row Win7 Dell E5430

More info - this is happening in MS Word, Notepad, the IBM SPSS Text Editor, and Google Chrome search blank. So, not just MS Ofice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-key-will-work-twice-in-a-row-win7-dell-e5430.196092/