Windows Support Forum

Dvd Writer Burning Issues

Q: Dvd Writer Burning Issues

Hi.

Well my problem is i can't seem to burn any file types that i want to. so i was wondering if it's my dvd writer that's at fault or what.. cause i tried well 3-4 dvds and all the same error. its working fine until yesterday.. so anyone pls help. cause i dont wanna buy one if its still working. help here anyone? any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanx. here is the log that Nero made. (see attached file)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dvd Writer Burning Issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dvd Writer Burning Issues

Well because you are running a cracked version of Antivirus
And support never finished helping you (due to this issue) on Malware removal (ironically)
I'd say format and start again, CLEAN

By the way, free Avira Antivirus (which I use) is really either the best Antivirus presently in the world, or very close to being the best. IMHO

So good luck either doing a clean install, or trying somewhere else, away from TechSpot :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writer-burning-issues.127587/
Relevancy 60.2%

Computer details HP Pavillion n amd athlon xp DVD combo cd-writer HP issues writer/ processor ghz mb ddr sdram memory gb Ultra DMA hard drive mb DDR SDRAM NVIDiA gefirce mx graphics with mb a pcated video memory HP DVD writer cd-writer combo n Windows xp home edition The HP DVD Writer cd writer combo n will no longer recognize HP DVD writer/ cd-writer combo issues blank cd media the drive The drive will do the following Copy dvds movies Write dvds videos media files Read dvds Read copied dvds Read cds Read copied cds The Drive will not recognize blank cds Write cds Copy cds Programs tried Record now Windows Media player Napsters built in roxio cd burning software Methods tried Updated the drivers from HP s official website Updated the flash ware from HP s official website Tried different brands of cds Memorex Dynex Sony and HP All cds were compatible with my writer Scanned the computer with uptodate spyware program HP DVD writer/ cd-writer combo issues Adaware SE professional Scanned the computer with up to date antivirus program Symantec Antivirus Corperate Edition issued by my school NO VIRUSES OR SPYWARE FOUND Up to date fire wall Zone Alarm Found the following in my registry and deleted it Root HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Key Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer Value NoCDBurning ALL PROGRAMS MENTIONED ARE UP TO DATE I forgot to mention what it does when i put a blank in When i try to copy a cd or write a cd from mp s it does the following when the cd is inserted a small cd icon comes up next to my mouse pointer as if though it were reading the disc to let me then the program that i am using to burn the cd keeps telling me to insert a blank cd so i eject the blank and try another blank same thing it tries to read it then says please insert blank cd no matter how many i try or what brands For instance before this happened i used about of my dynex cdrs then all of a sudden it will not recognize them this problem is driving me nuts any help is greatly appriciated thanks nbsp

A:HP DVD writer/ cd-writer combo issues

Looks like I have everyone as well as myself baffled on this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dvd-writer-cd-writer-combo-issues.303017/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello!

I have received a few emails in Hotmail advertising software that allows one to burn DVD's & Play Station discs onto a CD with a regular CD burner. It also allows one to copy VHS to DVD too in the same way.

It sounds too good to be true - is it a scam to send off $39.95 & never to see it again or is there really a program that allows all this to be done?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Best wishes.

A:DVD burning on a CD Writer

Hi Tim,

It is possible to burn a DVD or any console game to a standard CD-R.

Just like you can 'rip' a track from an audio CD and convert it to MP3 format, you can also rip the signal from a DVD and convert it to DivX format which is a compression algorithm that compresses the ripped file to a size small enough to fit on a CD-R. The (FREE) software for ripping, editing and playback is available from www.divx.com.

As regards console games, you can simply make an image file (.iso, .nrg) of any disk using standard CD-writing software like EZCD Creator or Nero Burning ROM (a free copy of which is packaged with most CD-Writer drives).

Like anything, it takes practice to get it right but as I said the software to do it is completely free.

I have received several similar emails and it is possible the software does what it says. But it is unlikely to be any better at the job than that already available for free.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Kit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-on-a-cd-writer.63065/
Relevancy 59.77%

My Teac dv-w58e is supposed to write at 8x speeds, but so far 4x is all I get. How can I maximize my write speed? Windows xp. Thanks

A:Only Getting 4x Burning From 8x Writer

What software are you using to burn with? What speed are the CD's (perhaps they are only 4x cd's)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46522/only-getting-4x-burning-from-8x-writer/
Relevancy 59.77%

i have tried and tried to burn some downloads with convertx to dvd with no joy. the converting is fine but burning nothing. operating windows xp and just had a new hard drive fitted, could it be this, thanks, astra

A:re-writer not burning

Hi astra730, and welcome to TSG.

We might be able to better hlp you if we knew ...

1) What software you were using to try to burn the DVD?

2) Has that software set up ever worked to burn DVDs on that computer?

3) Have you added or removed any programs between the last time you were able to burn a DVD and now?

4) Do you get any kind of error or failure messages when you try to burn the DVD?

5 Brand and model number of the DVD burner drive.

6) Does the drive show up as as DVD burner in the Windows hardware device manager?

7) Are you able to read CDs and/or DVDs with the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-writer-not-burning.840538/
Relevancy 59.34%

HI guys i have this problem from the day when i have installed new DVD Writer. I have installed Nero ULTRA edition ... and i also have installed Nero Express Vision ... i have burnt Data Cd , Data Dvd, Vedio Cd.... but i when i tried on make dvd vedio i wasnt able to make DVD vedio.... can any body help me out... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-writer-not-burning-dvd-vedio.739356/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All I am having this problem after I switched to w My DVD writer can read all disks burning DVD writer: at the end fails but while writing it fails at the end Probably while finalizing the DVD I deleted the device from the device manager a couple of times It comes back while restarting but getting the same error I am attaching the log here Can anybody help i will be grateful I do not want to switch back to XP Regards Faith PS Log - Windows IA Nero Version Internal Version Recorder lt Optiarc DVD RW AD- B gt Version NH - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data CD-ROM lt Optiarc DVD RW AD- B gt Version NH DVD writer: burning fails at the end - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map CDRom-Device-Map Optiarc DVD RW AD- B G CdRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB DVD writer: burning fails at the end kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles DVD writer: burning fails at the end x Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line G DVD RW AD- B Last possible write address on media Last address to be written Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line G DVD RW AD- B Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder Optiarc DVD RW AD- B Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID lt MCC gt Media Type ID lt gt Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line G DVD RW AD- B gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks G Optiarc DVD RW AD- B -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare G Optiarc DVD RW AD- B for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc not fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x MediaType DVD R Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL LOCK VOLUME Text File Burncd cpp Line Caching options cache CDRom or Network-Yes small files-No lt KB PHASE File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PHASE File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed PHASE File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- Disc Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Media Type Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Transfer Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area F h Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Disc Application Code h Extended Information indicators h Disc Manufacturer ID MCC Media typ... Read more

A:DVD writer: burning fails at the end

I am using DVD+R disks. Is this a problem with compatibility? Shall use DVD-R disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195622-dvd-writer-burning-fails-end.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4160B Super multi writer. This writer also burns RAM discs. My problem is I went to burn an Audio CD with Nero 6 and it would only let me burn at a Max speed of 8X. The writer can burn up to 40X for CDRs, but it's like it thinks that I'm burning a RAM disc when I'm burning a CDR. The CDRs I'm using are Mitsumi and rated up to 48X. I have never had a problem with them ever. I also tried burning with Pinnacle Instant DVD/CD 8 and it did the same thing. So does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thx

Relevancy 59.34%

I have an Archos MiniCD-RW (161024) external writer which is connected to my laptop running W-XP.
Whenever I try - or should I say almost always, because it does work sometimes! - to write files to a CD, eg my whole My Documents folder for back-up reasons, the writer starts happily and carries out its duties in a few minutes. After finishing it tells me that the burning process was completed successfully.
However, if I try to check what has actually been put on the CD, my laptop - or someone elses - doesn't even seem to recognise that there is CD in the drive. It either tells me "That function is invalid" or "Please insert a CD in drive D" - though I of course have just done that.
Any suggestions what the problem might be?
Cheers, Ollie

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello All,

I have a Samsung DVD writer SH-203B,20X speed with Nero 7 Oem software,recently install Nero 8 Trial software then uninstall with Nero Clean Tool,then install back Nero 7 Oem then the burning speed becomes very slow like burning at 1.25x speed.

Normally burn 10mins for Data Now it take 55 mins (Blank media is same 16x Verbatim).

Please someone help to give some advise.

Thanks in advance.

A:DVD writer burning very slow

Have you tried changing the burning speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-writer-burning-very-slow.723803/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All I am having this problem after I switched to writer: at fails the burning end DVD Windows My DVD writer can read all disks can transfer data but while writing it fails at the end of the writing process Probably while finalizing the DVD I deleted the device from the device manager a couple of times It comes back while restarting but getting the same error I am attaching the log here Can anybody DVD writer: burning fails at the end help i will be grateful I do not want to switch back to XP Regards Faith PS Log - Windows IA Nero Version Internal Version Recorder lt Optiarc DVD RW AD- B gt Version NH - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data CD-ROM lt Optiarc DVD DVD writer: burning fails at the end RW AD- B gt Version NH - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map CDRom-Device-Map Optiarc DVD RW AD- B G CdRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line G DVD RW AD- B Last possible write address on media Last address to be written Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line G DVD RW AD- B Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder Optiarc DVD RW AD- B Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID lt MCC gt Media Type ID lt gt Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line G DVD RW AD- B gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks G Optiarc DVD RW AD- B -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare G Optiarc DVD RW AD- B for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc not fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x MediaType DVD R Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL LOCK VOLUME Text File Burncd cpp Line Caching options cache CDRom or Network-Yes small files-No lt KB PHASE File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PHASE File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed PHASE File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- Disc Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Media Type Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Transfer Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area F h Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Disc Application Code h Extended Information indicators h Disc Manufacturer ID MCC... Read more

A:DVD writer: burning fails at the end

The log is certainly showing some errors but I am not sure how to interpret them.

Just to check if this is a drive problem or a Nero problem try burning the ISO with different software. This is a free ISO dedictaed burning program ImgBurn, if this fails then it is probably a fault with the burner. You could also check that you have the latest firmware installed and follow this guide CD/DVD drive, Problems caused by filters to diagnose and correct any problems with the filters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-writer-burning-fails-at-the-end.1025671/
Relevancy 58.48%

hi my dvd writer has been burning realy slow since i reinstalled windows.all the drivers and firmware for it are up to date could some one please help me?

A:hp dvd writer 740b burning slow

Check out the solutions at The stuttering DVD drive or the lame hard disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dvd-writer-740b-burning-slow.587058/
Relevancy 58.48%

hi i have a NEC ND-1300A dvd writer, i am able to copy dvd's perfectly with no problems, but when it comes to copying data, music anything on a cd-r/rw burn process starts but then at about 5% it freezes this happend with Nero and Roxio can anyone help

p.s. burning on cd-r/rw works with built in xp burner but this only good for data

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nec-nd-1300a-dvd-writer-burning-problems.158332/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am trying to use Windows DVD Maker to make a DVD video disc.

In DVD options, I see three values for DVD burner speed including: Fastest, Medium, Slow.

I have a DVD writer. Its maximum speed is 8x.

Which speed value in Windows DVD Maker should I choice for my DVD writer?

A:which burning speed for the 8x writer using windows dvd maker

I am using the OS that is the 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524881/which-burning-speed-for-the-8x-writer-using-windows-dvd-maker/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a CD-Writer drive that came with my computer. I am using the Windows XP cd writing software. The drive now is not recognizing any files on any cd-rw disc. I can send files from my hard drive to the CD-Writer Drive, and the files show up as ready to be burned. Once I hit write files to CD, a box says, please insert a writable disc in drive. Also, when I go thru Explorer, no files show up on that drive. When CD-RW is placed in my CD-rom drive the files show up. What are the possible reasons that this is happening? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-writer-issues.635152/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I have a peculiar problem in my XP machine. Mp3 files written thru my Samsung DVD writer (model 202j) are not playable in other DVD or audio players. The tracks are jumping and disturbed. These tracks play ok even when you play on the PC from the same CD on which they are written. But not outside the PC. They dont play even on other PCs.

What could be the issue? Recently I formatted my C drive and reinstalled the XP afresh and applied all the patches. Still the problem persists.

Would appreciate if some one help me out.

I have checked, there is no issue with the DVD writer.

Thanks.

A:XP issues with MP3 files written by DVD writer

actually i feel the problem like ..nero function le... what secure lock function or something. you can check on your program first

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-issues-with-mp3-files-written-by-dvd-writer-276657.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi
My blue ray /cd writer / reader suddenly disappear from my computer , I when I looked at the driver properties I got "code 19" than I uninstalled and restarted the computer with no success got the "code 19" again .I tried to update the driver and I got an answer from the computer that my driver is up to date .I am stuck in some loop as I do not find a place that I can download the driver and if I am using the window 7 way of solving the issue nothing is happening
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"
This is the message I get
Thanks.

A:Blue ray reader / writer driver issues

Noamad,

Try the steps here and see if it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/288790-blue-ray-reader-writer-driver-issues.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The SanDisk ImageMate 12-in-1 Reader/Writer works on my sister's computer, but not mine.

There was a sticker that said to install the button application before plugging it in, but i forgot about that and plugged it in,

It doesn't read my SD card at all! I tried installing repairing, reinstalling that button application, but I don't think thats the problem.

And everytime I put in the SD card in there, it reads it but when I press the little transfer button it tells me that the monitor is already running and that I need to put in a medium.

What gives?

A:SanDisk ImageMate 12-in-1 Reader/Writer Issues

While you're tying to figure it out, you should be able to open My Computer and use the Sandisk as a portable disk drive to read your card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandisk-imagemate-12-in-1-reader-writer-issues.622758/
Relevancy 50.31%

Have onboard card SiS 651C, want to install an MSI RX800 (agp), now have tried uninstalling the drivers for the SiS, but every time I try to run my moniter off the MSI RX800, I get a black screen.
Iv seen somewhere that this comp a Packard Bell Imedia 1401, can get this problem sorted by updating BIOS, but im having a problem doing so, as my cd-r(Lite-On SOHC-4832K CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drive), as it wont finalize writing CD's, hence cant create the bios boot disk.
My mother board is a Columbia VP (GA-8SIML-NF7) if that helps.
Have also tried installing an old PCI prophet 9000 card , but had a very similar problem.

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 50.31%

For some weird reason when I place any cd dvd into the HP DVD+/- Lightscribe SYSTEM Writer issues, LAGGING drive the whole system lags and runs very choppy until HP Lightscribe DVD+/- Writer issues, LAGGING SYSTEM it has finished reading from the drive I just recently formatted because of the issue yet apon the re-install it is still existing I used to think it was a windows update becaues on occasions an update would download then it would start lagging but after the format first thing I did was turn Auto-Updates off and it still lags The issue didnt occur when we brought the computer and as you can imagine installing a game which should take mintues can take upto minutes or even more While the drive is in use read write the whole system lags to the extent of almost freezing Im at wits end trying to fix this now If a format didnt work I have no idea I just checked and when reading from the cd-drive the cpu usage is up at which is the cause to the lag only how do i fix it I obviously cant end the cd-drive program running cause i need it otherwise i wouldnt run it nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, recently, i just purchased a DVD writer. I have a problem when burning a cd with the DVD writer. I will get a DMA-driver error, CRC error. I am using a 40-conductor cable, and set it as master (secondary cable).

Could it be the 40-conductor cable that is causing this problem? Do i need an 80-conductor cable?

Thanks in advance.

A:DVD WRITER - DMA-driver error, CRC error when burning CD

If it always reports a driver error you need to eliminate this first.
Check the device manager and make sure it is not showing the drive as non-functional (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager). If it shows a yellow ? the click to reinstall the drivers for it. Windows provides the drivers for optical drives.
An 80 core cable might be the problem but this depends on the drive. Can you borrow one to test it with?
Final option is that the drive is faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writer-dma-driver-error-crc-error-when-burning-cd.84665/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I recentely purchased a new Athlon and a KT Platinum NEO motherboard and assembled these along with equipment I still had from my previous computer What happens is that very frequentely my machine freezes with nothing else to do that to reset the system Typically it freezes on the Windows XP startup page I thought it might had something to do with my KVM switch for some reason but since I noticed that my fairly new Philips DVD writer intermittentely doesn t show up in my Windows XP I am suspecting that to be the intermittent Windows with Issues DVD in Writer and not Freezes appearing cause When this happens I even can t open the drive using the button but a light is burning so it must have power Do you guy s have any idea to what might be causing the system to freeze or the DVD writer not to show up in XP Hopefully someone has seen this before and can save me some valuable time Could a lack of power be the cause Issues with intermittent Freezes and DVD Writer not appearing in Windows It s simple but newly purchased W power supply I upgraded the BIOS to the latest release but it didn t resolve the problem The DVD writer is connected as a master device to the onboard IDE controller I have a SATA drive connected to it s onboard SATA controller The OS is currentely XP Thank you for reading this Sincerely Tonino Bruno Belgium nbsp

A:Issues with intermittent Freezes and DVD Writer not appearing in Windows

Welcome.

If the PSU was Fortron or Sparkle, 300W might be enough. I'd pick a 480W+ PSU, so I could upgrade to anything.

Did you uninstall previous mobo drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-intermittent-freezes-and-dvd-writer-not-appearing-in-windows.23605/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm trying to figure out the best way to permanently delete Microsoft Office Document Image Writer & Microsoft XPS Document Writer. Getting rid of them once doesn't seem to be enough, as they always reappear. I guess Windows Update brings them back. I've found a couple of vbs lines that can be added to the login script, but they involve running prnmngr.vbs, which is apparently very long and can cause system delays. Maybe there's something simpler?

If this has been covered before, I'm sorry to repeat it. I did some forum searches and came up empty. Thanks for your time!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339176/how-to-permanently-delete-ms-image-writer-and-document-writer/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell 8100 XPS and when the hard drive went, I restored from an August backup (using Microsoft's Windows 10 backup) afetr replacing the drive. Unfortunately, I had a problem with the Ethernet adapter so eventually, I reinstalled Windows 10 fresh. The only major problem is that the machine recognizes the drive ( Liteon iHOS104) as a reader.

This is possibly because the 8100 does not officially support Windows 10 (according to Dell).

Is there any way to get it recognized as a writer?

A:CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100

Try this:
Solved DVD drive missing - Windows 10 Forums

and this:
[FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window - AskVG

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36259-cd-dvd-writer-bd-reader-not-recognized-writer-dell-8100-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

ok a couple of months ago i had a file that needed the k lite codec for my pc to recognize it to burn it Now when i try to open some video files media player will give an error message Windows Media player has had an Error and needs to close and freeze my computer for about five minutes and nero won t let me burn them either have Burning serious I Issues....... some Nero will go as far as to let me pick which files to burn and then as soon as I add the file it will not give me an error message it will just restart the program Yesterday i got tired of not being able to burn play these files I have some serious Burning Issues....... so i uninstalled the codec and downloaded a new K lite full and the file plays but Nero now gives me an error unable to insert C blahblah blah avi I need to know if theres anything i can download to reset the basics of my video codecs Or is should I need to system restore to somewhere before I started this disgusting fiasco please help I m lost in a sea of codecs and error messages nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I am having a few isues burning CD s using Windows XP I also have Nero Ultra Edition installed which is working fine I installed this when XP started playing up I like to use the XP software when I am in a rush though I can send files to the CD drive but when I open an explorer window and try to use the quot CD Writing tasks Burning XP issues CD quot on the left hand side i e Write these files to CD Erase this CDRW etc nothing happens The funny thing is if I go back to quot My XP CD Burning issues Computer quot and right click on the CD icon to perform a task it appears to work Dragging files to an open CD explorer window also causes the window to close although the temporary files are still copied across and a notification that there are files ready to be written to CD is displayed I am posotive the CDRWs and my CDRW drive are okay as they work when using Nero Its just an annoying problem I would like to sort out if anyone can help The probalem started before I installed Nero so I dont think that has caused a problem Some hardware specs below if they are needed Microsoft XP Home Edition Version Service pack HP Pavillion Intel Celeron CPU GHz GHz of Ram CD Drive CyberDrv CW D CD-R RW Driver version Driver Date Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I m running a Dell Dimension on Windows XP I ve been having problems burning short dvd movies onto disk I work from home and make video albums for customers issues... burning DVD so I really need to fix this issue Basically I just can t get a decent burn The films are usually about minutes or so in length and they all skip once at about the same amount of time into the dvd I DVD burning issues... ve reduced the writing speed to the slowest possible disabled Norton Anti Virus short of uninstalling DVD burning issues... it I restart my pc to be certain no background applications are running and I apply anti flicker to the video editing program I m using Ulead Video Studio I ve tried dozens of times and the same thing keeps happening I also reformatted my computer a few months ago so I shouldn t have too much junk on this pc At this point I don t know what else to do nbsp

A:DVD burning issues...

I think that you probably have a bottle neck somewhere in your system--Usually the problem is that people use the same drive to house their applications (in this case Ulead) and the video clips they are manipulating---The clips have to be on their own drive----If thats the case, then that should fix the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-issues.445909/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I have NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional (on a Windows system).I have used this program to burn mp3's to CD before without any problems, but for some reason I can't burn CD's now. When I try, I recieve a message saying that it can't burn at the normal speed and will try at a lower speed. Immediately after that, I recieve another message telling me that the burn was unable to be completed at any speed. This has happened to me on two different CD's. As far as I know, it still burns mp3's to CDs. Can anyone help me out with this? Thankyou so much for your time.

Relevancy 46.44%

I have home videos on the small dvd-rw 8 cm discs. I can copy them to my hard drive and they will play in the windows media player, but they won'y burn onto the normal sized dvd discs. I want to turn them into professional looking dvd's that will play on any dvd player. Thus far, I have had no luck. What can I do? Thank you in advance for any help.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all.

My dad recently bought a laptop, and he has started trying to burn home movies to DVD. However, everytime he does, the program freezes when caching the files for burning.

When we end up terminating the program, another thing happens. It disables the DVD burner! We have to restart the system to get the drive back to working order. Additionally, when this problem occurs, it takes an incredibly long time to shut down.

System specs are:

Acer Aspire 3634LMi
Intel Celeron M 1.6GHz CPU
256MB RAM
40GB hard drive
Philips DVD+-RW SDVD8441
Windows XP Home SP2

We don't have any blank CDs to try CD burning, but I can say that it plays DVDs and CDs still. Burning DVDs is the only problem thus far. What do you think the problem could be?

Relevancy 46.44%

I recently installed a samnsung DL DVD burner as a slave to my CD burner.

It worked fine, for playing DVDs etc, and my cd burner also worked fine for ripping and burning.

HOWEVER....I recently encountered some problems with the packaged nero software that came with my dvd burner...

plays dvd movies fine, but now, whenever I go to burn a disc [on either my dvd burner, or my cd burner] nero gives me a 'SCSI operation aborted' message.

I have NO idea what the hell 2 do - it's frustrating me quite a lot, to say the least. When the error occurs, it spits the blank cd out again, but the dvd burner keeps the blank media inside, and won't respond to the eject button unless i restart my comp.

In case it's relevant, I run

Athlon 2800+XP
Abit NF7 m/b
Win XP

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi recently my Various Issues... DVD + Burning Philips DVD -RW DVD began acting weird it recognizes any and all DVDs blank or w media on it but it refuses to read any CD-ROM disc games softwares audio CD and basically anything in CD-ROM format I am not exactly sure if my DVD drive is acting up or there s something off DVD Burning + Various Issues... else My drive at first is able to read blank CD-R as I was about to burn a couple of MP songs on the blank disc Nero just stop in the middle of writing saying quot ERROR WRITE FAIL quot I burn at the lowest speed available and tried this w other empty discs same results also I just bought the blanks brand new today Also I m baffled that I can burn DVDs worth of media with no hitches or glitches Any idea Any help is very much appreciated Windows XP SP Nero I don t like the new Nero Philips DVD -RW DVD years of usage I ve a strong feeling it s my drive dying on me but I m skeptical as it is able to read DVDs of any sort w media or blank THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I can play CD's, I can upload to the hard drive from the CD but I can't burn a CD. I get the message that no CD can be found or insert CD in the drive. All was working fine and now it isn't. I called Dell and they couldn't tell me whether it was a software or hardware problem. Maybe you can help!

A:Cd Burning Issues

What software are you using to attempt to burn the CDs and what is the precise error message you are getting?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39459/cd-burning-issues/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi There,

I am having an issue that seems to be related to Windows 7.

Whenever I try to burn any kind of DVD, using any program, Nero, Cyberlink Power2Go, even windows own built in burning software, every disk fails to burn.

When I boot into my Windows XP Partition on the same computer, using the same DVD drive, discs burn fine.

Having the same problem with my Windows 7 Laptop - - The main PC is running build 7068 x64 and the Laptop is running the x86 version of 7068

Any ideas folks?
Zach

A:DVD Burning Issues

Were your installs Upgrades or fresh and have they always had this problem or do you think it's possible that there is a conflict with something else you may installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/7036-dvd-burning-issues.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I was wondering if anybody knew of a piece of third party software, preferrably free, that will help me fit large .wav files on a cd for playback in a regular cd player. I have like 160 min recording that i would like to fit on a cd and i'm trying to avoid using 2 cds. Also if anybody knows of any other file type that will play in a regular cd player that might be smaller iin size as to fit on a 80 min cd-r.

Thanks

A:cd burning issues

Hi begud4me
The problem is that regular cd players normally only recognise CDDA files so you can only fit 80 mins of audio and when you burn an audio file your .wav or mp3 or whatever are converted to CDDA.

However some modern players recognise mp3 format and this means you cann store the equivalent of 640+ mins of music on 1 cd.

Its really down to what player you have got

moose69

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-issues.325974/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, newbie here so hope this is the right section for this topic.
I recently done a quick erase of my dvd-rw disk prior to burning with gburner and burned new data on the disk, (disk not finalized) I have since learned that the disk had data on it that i wanted to keep, so my question is, is there a way to retrive the old data that was on the disk prior to burning, as i have been informed that the data is still on the disk and not erased! Any help apperciated.

A:burning issues

If you overwrote the data chances are it's not recoverable. It you did a quick erase and only wrote a little data to the disc you may be able to recover some files with a file recovery program like Recuva but I've never tried to use them on an optical disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-issues-591127.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a problem with my cd issues Burning /dvd cd dvd on my PC If I try to burn files music or photos to CD or DVD I get a message telling me to insert a blank disc to the drive even though theres one in there I can copy a cd dvd using Windows media player or cd /dvd Burning issues Nero with cd /dvd Burning issues out any problem once theres a disc in the drive with any sort of data on it as the drive seems to recognoise a disc Some times when I have backed up copied a Dvd it will not play back in the drive with an error saying its not readable but will play in any other Dvd player This problem has made it impossible cd /dvd Burning issues to back up anything on to disc in particular the thousands of photos I have taken in the last year As a result I bought an external hard drive to back up data a handy item to have but only a tempoary solution to my problem My PC is a Dell Dimension GB ram ghz dual core intel processor and is now over years old There is no apperant manufacturers name on the drive only a number I have Googled the number but I did nt get any more information A basic version of Roxio was pre installed by Dell and I installed Nero about a year later with no apparent problems Possibly as a result of auto updates Roxio and Nero seemed to start conflicting as I started to get the Bsod Via the error support I narrowed it down to Roxio as the cause so I un installed it No more conflicts and no more Bsod That was aout months ago and other than backing up Cds Dvds I had not needed to transfer anything to Cd and am only really aware of the problem now Have I created the problem by removing roxio Or is my drive on its way out Ihave tried Dell support and no solution to be found there Can anybody out there help Scoobfred nbsp

A:cd /dvd Burning issues

If you have uninstalled Roxio, what software are you using to try to burn CD's and DVD's? Also look here since it looks like removing burning software can cause windows to lose track of burners.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning-issues.798364/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have been using Roxio software to burn my home made movies. I started having trouble so I uninstall it. I tried to play a movie, that normally would play, and I recieved a message stating I needed sonic cine player decoder pack. I ran a search and it is not on my computer. So, I downloaded Free Easy CD/DVD burner and LVC media player both free on line. Now, I can burn DVD's that play on my computer but, will not play on my home DVD/TV. I am not very computer savy and this is the end of the line for me. I am running XP Service Pack 3. I have been using the same blanks Fujifilm DVD+R with out a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A:Dvd Burning issues

Hi use this DVD Flick should solve the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-burning-issues-667687.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have ran Nero Ultra for a while now and issues have come up and the reason could be hardware Burning CD issues.. related I have a laptop that tends to overheat I use it as my only PC Bought a laptop cooler and since then I noticed the problem CD-Rs or RWs will not burn or format I fooled around for a while and noticed the same issue with Linux K B program I turned off the cooler which is powered by USB I have -port USB s and seems the issue was resolved Another RAM chip recently went bad possibly fried and I replaced it The CD-R s burned CD Burning issues.. for a while Now even with the cooler turned off doesn t burn any CD s but does burn DVD-R W s and it DOES CD Burning issues.. play CD s that where burnt from the laptop but DOES NOT play back store bought CDs I have two drives one CD-R DVD Combo Slimtype drive internal and a Toshiba DVD-R CD-R external USB drive I get same results from both drives Tried taking out the older mb ram didn t solve it took out the new chip no-go and also unplugged all usbs still no change I am really puzzled at this point since it does the same thing with Windows pro and Linux Mandrake some hardware problem in the laptop or burners exists The External burner is fairly new and the Laptop I have is years old Any suggestions Wolfemanj nbsp

A:CD Burning issues..

Welcome.

Telling us "it doesn't work" does not give us much to go on though, whereas any error message or Nero log would be of help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-issues.499609/
Relevancy 46.44%

Since I upgraded to windows 10 I CANNOT burn any DVD's WHY???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/dvd-burning-issues-1061722.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Whenever I open up Nero burning Rom to burn Nero Burning Issues Rom stuff I get this pop-up titled quot bad or missing system DLL quot and the text in the pop-up reads quot Needs WINDOWS original WNASPI DLL quot now I searched that DLL on my comp and it s in my nero folder but I keep getting this pop up and when I click ok I get another window titled quot NeroApix quot and the text reads quot Could Not open driver Trying system aspi quot I don t know what Nero Burning Rom Issues to do and burning data is important because this computer is old and I plan on getting rid of it I need the burning working though in order to transfer files Please any help on fixing this issue would be appreciated I already reinstalled nero and whatnot I have Nero smartstart I m running on Windows version mhz pentium II MB ram about a gig of space left out of thank you nbsp

A:Nero Burning Rom Issues

Install Forceaspi. http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-burning-rom-issues.245306/
Relevancy 46.01%

OK. So I've got 5 avi's. All of which are movies from 680mb to 700mb. I'm using WinAVI converter to convert to VOB's, BUP's, IFO's and such. Now, 3 of which have worked perfectly! But, two of the avi's I have converted and burned are giving an "Incorrect Disc" error in my DVD player. The DVD's I'm burning them on are all the same and the source I am getting the .AVI files from is the same as well.

Why would 3 work and 2 not?

A:Interesting DVD burning issues.

I would recommend getting Nero Vision. You can take your AVIs, Edit them, Make menus, and then burn them without having to re-encode them to VOBs ect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/interesting-dvd-burning-issues.69763/
Relevancy 46.01%

Thanks for the fix guys now my computer can RECOGNIZE the drives and I can actually boot cd's onto it.

However, it still does not allow me to burn cd's. Also, when I put flash drives or CD-RW (both supposed to be rewritable, you can delete stuff and put stuff on it) it says I cannot change it because it is read only...?

In addition, when I put a blank DVD+R into my DVD writer/CD writer combo drive, and I double click on it in "My Computer" it says "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function"

Also when I try and burn an iso onto a DVD+R, the iso burning program does not detect anything useable in the drives. (this is not an illegal iso its a Linux Ubuntu iso for a friend)

I hope you guys can help like last time. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 46.01%

For the past hours minus two for sleep straight I've been trying to make a backup of some vital files on my Dell Dimension desktop before I use Dell PC Restore to completely wipe the drive and restore it to factory settings This has been a long and incredibly frustrating process to say the least Finally I've managed to burn GBs of files onto a DVD-R and had to split another few gigs of files zipped into a folder into six seperate files and a bat which have all been burned to seperate CD-Rs My problem is after successfully burning these data CDs using Express Burn despite the fact that I can see the data burned onto the disc my PC is acting as if there is no disc in the drive when I go to access these files I put the CD-R in the drive open My Computer and highlight the CD Drive D and in the summary box to the left side it says quot Free Space Total Size quot I am sure that the files have been burned to these brand new discs that were just purchased and unsealed today for this very purpose When I open the CD Drive D folder there is nothing there Yet when I insert a blank disc it recognizes it as having MBs of free space and MBs of total space and it knows that there's a CD in the drive If anyone can help me out before I drive myself completely insane with this it'd be burning issues. Data CD greatly appreciated

A:Data CD burning issues.

Hi Hero Classic and welcome to TSF !

I take it you've restored your Dell computer to factory defaults ?

The first thing is to try to read those CD's on another computer and see if you can access your data. If the problem lies with the CD's we can't do much.

You should connect to Windows update to reinstall all the latest critical updates for your computer. Also connect to Dell's website to download the latest drivers for your hardware. See if they have some firmware upgrade for your CD drive. Have you reinstalled the burning software ? Can you burn a CD and then read it ?

What's your CD-R drive model in the device manager (start => run => devmgmt.msc => expand DVD/CD-rom drives). Right-click => uninstall your drive then restart Windows so that it gets redetected. See if it helps.

You can also try to delete the lower and upper filters and see if it helps :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/
Backup the registry with erunt first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-cd-burning-issues-210942.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a 8x DVD+RW drive (NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD). I just bought blank memorex DVD+R discs that are good up to 8x speeds (or so it says). However, both Roxio 7 and Nero 6 say that I cannot write at faster than 2x with them. Why is this? Is it just bad blank DVD's, or do I have conflicts with something? I have written 4x with another set of blank DVD+R's, so I know the dvd burner works at least to 4x.
Thanks for any help.

RC

A:Burning DVD speed issues...

try a different brand of disks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-dvd-speed-issues-36762.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey Techies I ve been having trouble burning audio CDs for a lil while now and have no idea what to do or how to fix it I run off Windows ME Intel Celeron MB RAM amp I use Nero v to burn I like Nero because it does the best job getting rid of the second pause inbetween tracks About months ago I noticed the problem first When I burn tracks there are little glitches Issues Audio Burning found in playback basically when it plays thru a CD player there a little glitches where no audio is played and the music that should be played is skipped almost Audio Burning Issues like someone hit the mute button When I watch the burn process thru Nero I notice that the write buffer which normally burns at a constant will sometimes drop to which doesn t seem substancial but could be causing the problem Also sometimes it seems that the tracks after track start a hair later than usual I ve tried uninstalling amp reinstalling the software a couple times amp even tried a different company s burning software but still no luck I asked a friend of mine who is a degree in MIS and he suggested opening up more free space on my hard drive amp fully shutting down instead of just restarting to get rid of all my PCs virtual memory Tried both but still no luck So does anyone have any ideas cause I m stumped Like I said before if there is a way to continue to use Nero that would be awesome cause I don t like Audio Burning Issues that sec delay If anyone has any ideas I d greatly appreciate it THANK YOU for your time amp help nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I just burned my first home video DVD project using the TMPGEnc DVD Authoring software.(First time I've tinkered with this program) Everything went well but when it finished burning and I stuck it in my DVD player, it read it as "no disc". I then tried it on my DVD rom drive and it worked just fine. I am wondering if my DVD player has an issue of reading discs burned from this software. I have burned other DVD home videos on a MAC using I-movie and I-DVD utilizing the same blank discs (therefore I know they aren't the issue) and they have played great in the same aformentioned DVD player. The DVD player I have is very low end (APEX AD-1200) but I have never had any problems with it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

-a Very frustrated amatuer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-and-incompatibility-issues.222152/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi My computer has stopped burning DVDs I use nero to do so and maybe the version i use is too old Also I have recently taken an Airtel internet connection and it s not working properly & Issues... DVD Help!!! Burning Internet Please It keeps giving errors DVD Burning & Internet Issues... Please Help!!! and says DVD Burning & Internet Issues... Please Help!!! quot Pick up the handset and dial or ask the operator to dial press OK immediately after dialing then replace the handset Phone number Then it says quot the connection failed DVD Burning & Internet Issues... Please Help!!! because the modem or the connecting device or the remote computer is out of order this might be due to some virus problems as my laptop was affected by hinhem virus some time back I am giving the HJT log with it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-internet-issues-please-help.794847/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok once again i come for help lol...

My burner dotn work... i get this Error :
18:11:08 - Starting data burn 469.59 MByte
18:11:08 - Starting data burn on 0:1:0,Q: LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161HKH0R
18:11:08 - Starting data burn on CD-R at 48 X
18:11:24 - Finalizing track
18:11:25 - Burn data process done with error : "WRITER ERROR [HARDWARE ERROR (LOGICAL UNIT COMMUNICATION CRC ERROR (ULTRA-DMA/32))]"
Click here for an HELP (open web page)

or even this:

Writing Error (3) Error occure writing data to disk . Comminucation with drive unit failed (1003) Error Sense Data : 4 ASC : 8 ASCQ : 3

I am using Windows 98 SE ... i got LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161HKH0R Driver!

Machine name: PBN_Computer
Operating System: Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: AST
System Model: Packard Bell Computer
BIOS: Award
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~600MHz
Memory: 128MB RAM
Page File: ****MB used,*****MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Relevancy 46.01%

Thanks for reading this I ve got a PC LAN at home Recently I ve upgraded one machine to XP while XP: Win2k issues LAN CD Burning and to leaving the other one on Win k I access Internet through Linksys BEFW S router and cable modem As you already imagined this saga started when I ve upgraded to XP now there are two issues LAN access to either machine is a XP: LAN to Win2k and CD Burning issues problem They see each other ping and I can browse shared drives but transer of large files either does not start error message quot The network name is no longer avialable quot or starts but XP: LAN to Win2k and CD Burning issues after a minute or two is interrupted by the same message Other occasional error messages include quot The network path was not found quot and quot You might not have permission quot Since I ve not changed my other machine and a router I m pretty certain it is an XP problem No CD Burning software seems to work I ve tried Nero and Easy CD Writer the process starts but hangs on - and hangs and hangs and hangs without ever finishing or throwing an error message Both IDe channels have quot DMA if available quot status and I ve reinstalled ASPI drivers If system info is needed you can find profiles for both of my PC in the files attached Thanks a lot in advance Fem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-lan-to-win2k-and-cd-burning-issues.133122/
Relevancy 46.01%

Dear anyone out there. I am increasingly frustrated by this software. Can anyone help. I am running Vista Home Premium, my itunes is 7.7.1.11 I WANT TO BURN Sigur Ros so I can chill out in the morning traffic but get that message that others are getting, iTunes Error 2131 and "Can not burn cd. An unknown error has occured". My computer is an ACER Aspire 5920. While people are suggesting other ways to burn discs, using itunes is very easy and doesn't involve maneouvering files around in Explorer. HELP!!!!

JC

A:itunes again! Burning to CD issues.

HI Jcoop,

Has this ever worked on your Acer laptop? Or did it use to work and stopped working?

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/software/181266-itunes-again-burning-cd-issues.html
Relevancy 46.01%

HI all~

i've had a 24X cd burner (about 5 and a half min / disc)for a long time and bought a benq52X to up my burning speed.. when i first installed it it worked great. about 3 mins a disc and it doesn't slow down my computer .

After a format, i found my cd burning time back to like 5 and a half mins and slows down my computer (feels like i'm using the old burner again...computer slow to a point where typing would be delayed..) so i'm guessing is that i reseted some settings with the format...do you guys have any ideas ?

i'm using a 7200rpm HD, 1.7ghz, 52X burner, Nero 6.1
THanks

Relevancy 46.01%

Im not sure if this is windows related or hardware related- oh damn I hope its windows.

I was trying to burn an ISO file to a CD and received an error message

"There was an error while trying to copy files on this CD. This CD may no longer be usable."

I tried using other disks but kept receiving the same error. I have messed with my services FYI, but I put IMAPI on Manual and booted it before I attempted to burn the .ISO file. What could be wrong with my DVD-RW drive? What other services have I missed that could be causing problems? Thanks for any help...

A:Windows Burning Issues...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSF1200S

Im not sure if this is windows related or hardware related- oh damn I hope its windows.

I was trying to burn an ISO file to a CD and received an error message

"There was an error while trying to copy files on this CD. This CD may no longer be usable."

I tried using other disks but kept receiving the same error. I have messed with my services FYI, but I put IMAPI on Manual and booted it before I attempted to burn the .ISO file. What could be wrong with my DVD-RW drive? What other services have I missed that could be causing problems? Thanks for any help...

You say that you have tried different media which is good but have you tried a different ISO? If other ISOs burn fine and other burn projects burn fine then it might just be that particular ISO that you are trying to burn.

What burning software are you using?

Lydokane

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-burning-issues-145550.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey,

I just have a weird question to ask. I've been trying to burn a dvd movie for myself to watch on my dvd player, everything works fine, I burned it properly, everything was successful. I tested it on my computer using power dvd and it works, but when I put it into my dvd player it reads it as a vcd instead of a dvd, and when I try to play it in my PS2, it says bad disc.

Now I'm wondering if it's because the laser that are used in the dvd player and ps2 that it can only read certain discs or what gives? Any ideas people?
Any and all input would be appreciated

Cheers

A:LG 4167B Burning Issues

Im guessing youre burning as a vcd rather than a dvd as thats what your dvd player says, PowerDVD will play vcds and the PS2 wont. What recording s/w you using and what are the settings?

Im assuming you're backing up a dvd movie u own or a home movie, as burning copies aint allowed and u wont get any support here if it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-4167b-burning-issues.411214/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've burned cds on Windows Media Player with my Vista computer, but suddenly, it's not working right. The file goes through really quickly, and it looks done, but it won't play on anything. I didn't change any settings, it literally happened in a few seconds between making two cds. Then, I found dvds to not be burning right either. I was using the Windows dvd burner, and it was working fine. But now, it's begun stopping at a certain percentage of burning. I tried the Roxio program to burn as well, but it also stops at a certain point.

My computer is not even 2 months old, and this is the first large issue I've had with Vista. Please help if you have any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-burning-issues.663477/
Relevancy 46.01%

Nearly everytime I try to burn a cd (audio or data) my pc restarts. It's doing my head in! I've managed to burn whole discs ocassionally but mostly it breaks.

I've run virus protection, repaired reg files, run hardware checks and everything is fine, well obviously not totally fine!

Please help me...

BCCode : fe BCP1 : 00000004 BCP2 : 89148008 BCP3 : 89340008
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

A:BCcode issues when burning

Bugcheck FE is the USB driver bugcheck. The driver in question is US122.sys, does this belong to Tascam Us-122? See if there's an update for the driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bccode-issues-when-burning.75693/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, this may sound strange, as I never had a problem with XP, but when I purchase a track off of a company store, I cannot get it to add to my library for WMP 11 with Vista. Thus, it stays in my music file and will play (it shows I have the required usage rights), but will not let me add it. Also, when I want to burn to CD, I can only put the one song that I'm playing (that's not in the library) and it won't let me add anymore. Did things change dramatically with Vista? Why can't I figure this out? Thanks for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-issues-with-vista.632355/
Relevancy 46.01%

Heya So you know in advance I haven t had this problem in the past - it has worked before despite that i ve reinstalled winXP Professional and SP since it last provided me with a working dvd Though I data issues Burning dvd also recall this happening PRIOR to having formatted and reinstalling One other note - I m Burning data dvd issues able to read media fine and I am able to burn memorex CD-R s with no trouble using the same files i can t burn onto DVD I m attempting to burn a few video files onto a memorex dvd r for storage purposes and i have thus far been completely unable to make this work I ve managed to add the files in Nero Express and it starts the burn process and appears to work but on reinserting the burned DVD and it is burned with something -- I ve checked the disc and it s marked almost to the outer rim no files appear on the disc when I try to explore it I have tried reading these discs on different machines with the same results I ve also run quot verify disc after burning quot in Nero and it gets stuck on with the log showing error code - in Nero NOT in Explorer That error code however appears to only indicate a read error Also of importance I m unable to burn in Explorer I can t even add any files properly to an explorer window Previously I d add the files and they would momentarily vanish Later when I d attempt to shut down the computer I d get a message asking me if I wanted to delete the temp files in the burn folder or if I wanted to burn them to a cd first What s happening now is I m getting a message telling me it s unable to copy any files to the burn folder and asks me to skip or retry tried with multiple files no luck anywhere here s the interesting part or at least I think in my computer when i view my DVD drive for reference it s a SONY DVD RW DRU- A it s coming up as a CD-ROM drive under D WHen I auto-launch Nero on insert of a blank DVD it comes up as a CD initially though I can manually change it to a DVD and it goes through the process as I described in the first big paragraph above again it might be of interest that i am running a machine that was pre-built by eMachines and I have REMOVED the cd-rom r rw drive that came with it and installed my Sony that I previously mentioned as the master optical drive WHAT I VE TRIED Uninstalling the driver through Properties from Explorer running windows software update then restarting On restart it recognized the disc drive as new hardware and reinstalled drivers ----Same issue persists searched software disc that came with the burner ----same issue - doesn t come with a driver only includes nero express software Tried disconnecting all USB media except for the basics and burning another disc -----same issue tried viewing media on other machines -----same issue WHAT I M THINKING Possibly a media issue - will try with a different brand of dvd when I m able speaking of which if anyone has a media type recommendation let me know I ve read up and it appears Verbatim seems to have an edge though it s apparently rig-specific as to what is recommended I think I ll try verbatim though Also could be some kind of weird issue in the BIOS because it s an eMachine and this wasn t the drive that was originally included with the machine I m entirely unfamiliar with toying around in the BIOS so if this is a possibility I d appreciate any information or links on what I could try nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I'm not sure where I should post this but here goes. I have a few files I recorded during the summer and I have been using ConvertXToDVD to convert them to a full DVD with menu and all to a DVD+R. The issue I'm having is that when I'm trying to play the DVD on /any/ DVD-player it's having trouble to start and sometimes while playing it can jump chapters or just completely freeze. Last summer the DVDs worked fine and it was the same kind of CDs I was using.

What can I do to fix this? I have tried to run the DVD on an older and newer player but it's still having issues to run.

Thanks!

NOTE: I'm currently on a Windows XP Media Center Edition laptop, ignore my specs and OS put in my profile.

A:[SOLVED] Burning issues.

What is the brand of the blanks you are using? Only use name brand blanks (ex) TDK, Sony, Phillips etc. Burn at the slowest possible speed for the DVD's. Burning with generic blanks and burning too fast cause discs to show the symptoms you are having. Do not have any other programs, screen savers running in the background while burning.
I have had the most luck with DVD-R's

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-burning-issues-654859.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,
I have been trying to use an authoring tool called WIN-AVI converter
to change an .avi file to .vob, and then to burn it to DVD disc using
nero burning rom 6.

But when I attempt to play on my panasonic S27 player, the image
is in black and white, though the picture and sound quality are great.

My burner is an LG 16x super multi dvd rewriter (8.5gb double layer)

I googled my panasonic player, and apparently it should be able
to play dvd +r's no problem

Any suggestions?

A:DVD burning/playback issues

Have you checked your DVD player settings? Try popping in another DVD and see if it plays that in black and white mode as well. If yes, then its the settings of the DVD player and if not, then maybe something is wrong with the way settings in Nero when you burn the DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-playback-issues.390599/
Relevancy 46.01%

When trying to burn a playlist using iTunes, most of them become coasters, and it's driving me mad. I know there are several possibly reasons for it, but I'm not sure.

Are there any specific reasons that can cause iTunes to have to "cancel" burning the disc so that it becomes a coaster?

I'm guessing the brand of CD's I have, but I'm not really sure. I have 'Imation' brand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-burning-issues.307472/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a plextor PX A DVD burner which until recently worked great Lately I have had some problems burning CDs and a DVD today I installed a USB PCI card recently I don t know if that could CD/DVD burning Solved: issues affect things at all The DVD I burned today burned at X rate instead of X which is the rate of the DVDs I have Solved: CD/DVD burning issues The burner can go to X with the right blank DVDs It seems I can t copy CDs without caching the source CD first Even then I had some problems I didn t write down the error messages unfortunately but I Solved: CD/DVD burning issues know I got a buffer underun message once even though buffer underrun protection is checked I got a message saying I had some kind of quot mechanical quot problem once and one or two other error messages I can t recall I know I changed my options about or times with relation to caching What is my best option to check and is there something to do to improve the situation at this point I use Roxio Easy CD Creator Basic I have XP PRO with RAM Service Pack installed Zonealarm firewall I was using Imation blank CDs but ran out of those and am using Fujifilm one so far which worked OK as I cached it My blank DVD Rs are also Fujifilm Thanks so much nbsp

A:Solved: CD/DVD burning issues

I solved it myself. I went to add/remove programs, clicked on "change", then "repair", inserted the cdrom when prompted. It now burns at the normal speed, though is still caching. Adjusting the settings should take care of that, hopefully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-dvd-burning-issues.407913/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have been trying to get help with my CD/DVD burner for a few months. It will still play CDs but will not burn them. I still don't know if the problem is software or hardware related. I recently ran across Windows Media Diagnostic Tool. I ran it and got a print out. The report is so long, I would have to post it in four different segments. I hope someone can tell me which are the essential parts of the report and can read them and see if an answer to my problems lie within the report. Thanks to anyone who offers help or suggestions.

A:[SOLVED] Can You Read This? [DVD Burning Issues]

Hi. . .

I don't burn CDs or DVDs very often, but will take a look at that report to see if any is apparant. Zip it up and attach to your next post.

What software are you using to burn? Has the burner ever worked on this system? Can you format a DVD+RW ok, then write to it and read from it?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-can-you-read-this-dvd-burning-issues-296372.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I do a lot of DVD burning and hence would prefer the performance of my system to be better when burning DVDs I have noticed that when burning DVDs in particular that my system becomes less responsive This appears to be the case regardless of the software I have tried which means there could be a common element that these various apps use Seems to me in digging into programming a while back that there is a common interface that is used Given the slowness of a DVD device I would have thought that this kind of process would be given a very low priority and hence would System Performance Issues DVD and Burning allow the system to be more responsive to things like mouse DVD Burning and System Performance Issues events Before anyone asks my DMA setting is Ultra DMA Mode on the DVD drive Also I have SATA HD's and the DVD drive is SATA as well I do have an IDE CD drive installed But this is not in use when the sluggishness occurs The DVD drive is an LG Model GH NS It seems to me what is happening is that the driver associated with interacting with the hardware is tying up the system Would this be an accurate assessment If this is the case is there an explanation as to why it must be this way Or is this just poor or antiquated programming

A:DVD Burning and System Performance Issues

The DVD burn process needs to run at a high priority I would think so the buffers don't go empty, or you end up burning coasters instead of useable DVDs.

Personally, when I burn a CD or DVD, I leave the system alone and don't do anything else until it's done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/272115-dvd-burning-system-performance-issues.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys I m new to this site and I have semi-intermediate computer skills I recently started copying backing up any DVD s that my children use frequently because they seem to scratch them and render them useless I ve never burned anything other than maybe issues burning Super DVD Slow a couple of home movies that were not really over an hour just to view on the big screen and even that seemed Super Slow DVD burning issues to take a long time I ve read that some folks are burning DVD s anywhere from minutes to an hour which would be optimal compared to what I m getting I burned a copy of Finding Nemo and it took almost hours to burn So I tinkered around a bit and it seemed to get worse going over hours on the next burn I wasn t really Super Slow DVD burning issues sure what the deal was but my first thought was that the writer that came pre-installed was crap I installed a Sony DRU- A DVD CD RW drive as a slave and it was still giving me the same issue on the next attempted burn Super Slow DVD burning issues Some CPU info emachines T Intel Celeron GHz GB RAM bit Vista Home Basic cd dvd drive DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM CD DVD read speed x CD x DVD CD DVD write speed x CD x DVD R x DVD R DL CD DVD rewrite speed x CD x DVD RW x DVD-RAM The Sony cd dvd drive I installed as a slave x DVD R and DVD-R Recording Speeds x DVD R and x DVD-R Dual Layer Recording Speeds x DVD RW and x DVD-RW Recording Speeds x DVD-ROM Reading Speeds x CD-R and x CD-RW Recording Speeds x CD-ROM Reading Speeds ms CD and ms DVD Access Times MB Buffer and IDE Interface I am using Roxio MyDVD Video Lab because this computer did not have any burning software preinstalled I ve tried using Sony DVD-R discs and maxell DVD RW discs with the same results I ve burned music CD s and they seem to burn really fast less than minutes I checked your forums for help It seems to me that the last help for this type of issue topic was acknowledged back in I checked the DMA PIO thingy and mine was already set to DMA But still not really sure what that is I also tried to tinker around with the Roxio software and it didn t really seem to give me any options to control write speed if that s something that is do-able or quality to shorten the length of the burn I hope I ve given enough info Somebody please help This is our only computer and the long burn issue is keeping us from using the computer much while it is burning nbsp

A:Super Slow DVD burning issues

try using imageburn..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/super-slow-dvd-burning-issues.881531/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am having a problem with my computer, it is running kind of slow in general, but in particular, when I try to burn a CD I get a message that the speed of the burn is too fast. I tried doing it on the slowest possible setting and had the same thing occur. This has never happened before and I have burned CD's for ever.

I have done all of the normal things that a person does to speed up their computer (all of the things recommended on this site) with no results and apparently there isn't a malware problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-issues-and-slow-computer-please-help-251263.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello This is my first post and I am hoping someone here may be able to help I have with Issues and Applications Video Burning Help been burning or Help with Burning Applications and Video Issues recording CD s and DVD s without any difficulty for some time now plus years so I was very perplexed and frustrated when two separate programs and then others appear to cause my computer - a somewhat new in computer years at least about months - to loose that capacity Help with Burning Applications and Video Issues The first recalcitrant read badly misbehaving app is one called Prism Video Converter I downloaded it in order to convert various video files to mpg so I could watch them on a DVD player connected to a regular television It is a trial version which I initially liked and worked quite well until two days ago Then without any warning it would crash when I attempted to add files for converted Worse the very same action occurred when I tried to record now in the program I always use Sonic- one which I have had before and which came bundled with this computer It crashed and My DVD which is similar as you know to the Sonic program - with more complications - took over and it too crashed When the menu box appeared asking me if I wanted to send it to MS I agreed and read something It all happened so quickly I did it write it down about the various codex involved Thinking perhaps another recording app might work I tried that The same thing happened- once I began to add files the application crashed I thought perhaps it was the new program- which is the only different item on my computer that I am aware of Thus I uninstalled the program and rebooted the computer I did reinstall it later - to the exact same result sigh I am more concerned however with the fact I cannot quot record quot or quot burn quot files since I need to back up data and create DVD s with some older VHS programs as a gift for someone they are video of him playing hockey and while he is a gadget person he is not into computers - it s sports that he loves plus just being able to do this on my computer These days it is an essential way to save files and backup data Since I have a gig hard drive and a lot of data on it I am quite concerned Much of is is thankfully already backed up but I do need to figure this out I tried several other apps and none of them worked Then I used an older but always superb HP DVD Writer Once again I used Sonic s Record and yet again it went to My DVD a program I rarely use but did use recently to create a DVD of the aforementioned hockey games and the program crashed providing some dialog box indicating that quot We are sorry but an unforeseen incident quot or words to that effect has occurred and the program must close Could it be a codex problem If so why is it acting up only now I also ran two anti-virus and spyware scans one with AVG and the other with Norton to ascertain if there were any problems - viruses or malware The first program found a list of cookies that I deleted medium risk and one malware that I had the program AVG quarantine The malware also listed at med risk had nothing to do with video programs however and after that was complete the comuter is continuing to act up and not allow me to add files to any DVD CD writer program regardless of the program or method ir Windows XP s own way of writing files to a DVD I am just at a loss of what to do I wonder if anyone has experienced this and has any recommendations Should I uninstall this quot new quot program and find better conversion software in the hope that might be it Still even when it was not there the issue was still there and unresolved Thanks in advance and I apologize for the length of this post Does anyone have any resolutions to what can I do to resolve this problem Janey in New Brunswick Canada nbsp

A:Help with Burning Applications and Video Issues

I should add that the device itself- the CD writer internal drive- and the external drive I had purchased for an older computer that had a CD drive but no DVD one -are both working properly, at least according to the Device manager.

I also know I probably have too much "stuff" - a bad habit of mine- on my computer. Would any of thee variables have any relation to these serious problems? Thx again!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-burning-applications-and-video-issues.727427/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey all...

Every time I attempt to run Nero Burning ROM (whether it's the bundled or downloaded version) it freezes up my computer.

Is anyone else having this problem?

A:Nero Burning ROM Freezing Issues

Hi, welcome. I'm assuming you have the latest version; I was getting some freezes prior to 5.5.6.4, but that's all taken care of. You might try getting Nero HelpTool off their download page, it has a number of things to walk through if you're getting freezes.

Also, if you want to post back here, please explain when the freeze happens in the burn process, and what you're trying to burn, and what kind of disc you're trying to make (does it freeze on all kinds?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-burning-rom-freezing-issues.70719/
Relevancy 45.58%

I m not sure if i have a hardware or software problem I m posting here because it seems like a driver issue to me but i m not sure I have nero bundled dvd shrink DVDFAB Decrypter PowerProducer Gold and an LG DVD R RW I would give more information about the drive but Burning/recognition hangs DVD & Issues in the Device DVD Burning/recognition Issues & hangs Manager it seems to have the drives i have mixed up I have a generic cd r rw drive and it has that one labeled as an LG CD-RW CED- B It says my DVD r rw is a HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA- B Both say they are running correctly and are running a MS Driver v Here are my symptoms -Putting in blank TDK DVD R sometimes show as CDs in My Computer I have always used these and have gone on long streches with no problems with them When I try to access the D drive like this it says the D drive is not accessible incorrect function -Nero of any kind SmartStart Burning ROM Express hangs for probably seconds or more before it loads if it loads at all I have done several clean installs of Nero and it doesn t seem to help -DVDShrink hangs completly and freezes many apps if it is asked to burn without having the correct media or any media in the D drive -PowerProducer freezes the system when asked to burn a DVD sometimes when i assume it thinks it doesn t have the right media The problem I am having is that sometimes although slow everything will still work I am at a loss Any more info help Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell Dimension 8250 running windows xp. After some issues with my drives, resolved here by replacing the internal battery, when I open iTunes, I get a message "The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning cd's and dvd's are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes."

So I did. Same problem. I tried a registry cleaner. Reinstalled again after that. Any suggestions on my next attempt?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-burning-registry-issues.870855/
Relevancy 44.72%

i am having issues burning a cd with windows media player. it will burn and play in the computer but not in the car or portable player. i am using cd-r disks.

thanks.

A:windows media player cd burning issues

check your CD players' specs - most likely is not suited to playing burnt discs, also make sure you're burning them as audio not data discs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-cd-burning-issues-397474.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am having a problem with my computer, it is running kind of slow in general, but in particular, when I try to burn a CD I get a message that the speed of the burn is too fast. I tried doing it on the slowest possible setting and had the same thing occur. This has never happened before and I have burned CD's for ever.

I have done all of the normal things that a person does to speed up their computer (all of the things recommended on this site) with no results and apparently there isn't a malware problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Solved: CD Burning Issues & Slow Computer...Please Help!

We fixed the problem. although I am not quite sure which fix it was that solved it. We didn't try to burn after each thing, but waited until we did a few things. We had an issue with the virtual memory a week ago, and the computer said that it was fixing it, but it wasn't restored to the previous amount. So we did that and added some more RAM, plus a few other basic things, and all seems to be resolved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-burning-issues-amp-slow-computer-please-help.713756/
Relevancy 44.72%

Good morning! Having an issue with CD burning... I attempted to burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player v. 11. The playlist loaded as usual and appeared to burn without a problem; the only abnormal thing was it burned incredibly quickly and the burn line in the disc was markedly lighter than usual. The CD plays with no problems on my PC, but when I attempt to play it in a regular CD player, I get no sound. The disc is playing because the counter is advancing.

All the media in WMP plays/accesses without a problem, and I haven't received any error messages. The last project I burned successfully (yesterday) was a photo slideshow, and I was able to rip music from a CD this morning just before the problems began. Since then, I can't play CDs in WMP and also am having issues accessing the program itself.

A:CD Burning Issues - Windows Media Player

The WMP burning software isn't very good, especially when trying to burn Audio CD's.

Try CDBurnerXP, a good freeware burning program. When you burn an Audio CD make sure you finalize the disc.

For the other problems with WMP, try reinstalling it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-issues-windows-media-player.865408/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been burning home movies (from a Sony Hi-8 camcorder) to DVD with no problem except they do not hold the original quality unless I use the highest quality setting (HQ), but then I can only fit about 50 mins. on one 4.7GB DVD+R. I have had several people swear to me that they get great quality with the lower SP, LP or EP settings and are fitting 2-3 hours of footage on one DVD. My question is, what am I doing wrong? I have tried 2 software programs, Cyberlink Power Director and also Roxio VideoWave 4. Both are easy to use and the DVD burns fine, but in the SP, LP or EP settings, my picture comes out blurry and unsteady. Is there anyway to keep the original tape quality and still fit 2-3 hours on a 4.6GB disc? Thank you!

A:Burning home movies to DVD-quality issues

It's a good video editing site..
http://www.doom9.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-home-movies-to-dvd-quality-issues.232091/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all Total newbie on this forum only just found it so hello all I'm a moderator for various other non IT-related forums so I've done the pre-requisite searches before asking but can't find anything so here goes I've just done a fresh build of W HESP on my eldest daughter's PC and it simply won't burn anything from Media Center which should of course be 'Centre' but or Windows DVD DVD Media burning Maker Center / issues. maker Burning files directly from explorer to CD or DVD is fine It simply bombs out with img http s kc f k Clipboard jpg img very helpful Was this quot usefulness quot Media Center / DVD Maker burning issues. inherited from Vista An error code would be helpful Event Manager isn't great either I found this thread but that turned out to be a faulty device - the fact that I was able install the OS from the drive and that it will read and write from the OS implies that it's not a hardware issue This is no - was my old machine and it was working just perfectly with W until I yoinked all my documents onto my new one scratch-formatted the HD and re-installed The only software that's been installed apart from the obvious Windows Update files and eight-million reboots is Google Chrome - all other devices were recognised by W so I've not bothered updating anything as yet SysSpecs are Gigabyte GA-K VT P mainboard BIOS rev F GB single stick Kingston DDR memory Maxtor something-or-other Gb HDD SATA primary LG GH NS DVD SATA secondary I've read on MSTechnet that power settings can affect this so I've followed the advice and set the quot Sleep after quot value to quot never quot but that's made no difference Any ideas people Cheers Matt stuck on a train quot somewhere quot south of Petersfield

A:Media Center / DVD Maker burning issues.

Take a look at this
Vista Media Center will not burn DVD of any recorded program - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/193229-media-center-dvd-maker-burning-issues.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When I burn a 3.5GB RAR File using Win7's built-in burner, it's always getting "stuck" at random parts of the process. Sometimes, it gets stuck at the middle of the process, sometimes towards the end, and etc. When it gets stuck, you will see that the rate (KB/s) will not vary and it is constant. I use a LG Hitachi GBW-T10N Bluray Combo Drive with my laptop and it has the latest firmware UN09. Why is this so?

By the way, this doesn't happen when I burn using ImgBurn. Please help. Thanks.

A:Burning with Windows 7 x64 Built-in Burner Issues

If you are using the "mastered" mode with Win 7 burning that could be the problem as according to the Help File it can take up to double the disc space for the burning and if you have a 3.5GB file and burn it to a DVD it would exceed the capacity of the DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105808-burning-windows-7-x64-built-burner-issues.html
Relevancy 44.72%

for some reason... not all too uncommon as i have seen from searching for help on other sites... my dvd-rw drive in my toshiba laptop will only burn at 4X using nero 6.0 or greater. this program is the only one that i have trouble burning at the 16X capability of my drive. i don't know what the issue may be.

http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic48793.html

that link is another person's trouble with the same exact drive. why explain it all twice... thank you for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-pioneer-dvd-rw-dvr-k12d-burning-issues-with-cd-r.370013/
Relevancy 44.72%

The DVD/CD writer is supposedly "Plug and Play". It will read both CDs and DVDs but there is no activity when I try to write. Using NERO I have done an auto-detect drive and it recognizes it. When I start to burn the cd NERO proceeds as if it is writing and even verifies that the burn was succesful. But the drive never even spins the disc?

The drive is a Pioneer DVR-A08xla

I am running windows 98se on an atholon 1700+ chip.

Does anyone know what I'm missing? Or if I should take this to the software forum?

A:Help please..I replaced a cd writer with a Pioneer DVD Writer

Check http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html and make sure you have the correct firmware. Also for W98 some DVD writers require additional drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-i-replaced-a-cd-writer-with-a-pioneer-dvd-writer.290277/
Relevancy 41.28%

I need help!!!!
My dvd writer thinks its a CD writer and wont recognise blank DVDs. It has just decided to do this this a few months ago and its drivin me mental.
Is there anythin i can download 2 fix this.
My computers HP Pavillion 763.uk and im using Microsoft XP.
Can anyone help?

Relevancy 41.28%

I have a normal dvd drive and a Dvd re-writer underneath it.
I recently formatted my pc, and i downloaded a programme for a freind, and evertime i put a dvd into it, it says Erase CD, i do it to see what happens..and it continues saying it.
I try draging and dropping and it says "Windows encontered a problem while trying to copy this"
Another weird thing i realised, in explorer it says "dvd rom" when i put a dvd in it, it turns to CD rom.
When i put a actual CD 700meg in, it lets me copy fine!
Ive tryed uninstalling and taking out and putting the ribbon back in and nothing solves it.
The file im trying to copy is 1.2 gig, and it wont pick up DvD's please help, is a
LG, Dual writer, supermulti DvD rw

Thanks in advance

Kyzou

A:Dvd re-writer not being picked up as a dvd re-writer

After reformatting the PC, you did load all the motherboard drivers again?

Otherwise you may have some issues with the default Windows drivers that would be substituted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-re-writer-not-being-picked-up-as-a-dvd-re-writer.482366/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I tried to burn an audio cd the other night using neo, i got an error whilst it was trying to burn, i cant remember wha the error was but i tried to burn another cd, this time the completed bit went upto 6% then decided not to do anything, i left it for a while and i ended up having to ctrl,alt+ del the task, then it just jung up, and it wudnt eject the cd when i pressed the button, so i had to end up restarting the computer. It has now done this about 3/4 times.

Ive just tried to copy a game to see if it would allow me to do that, but i get an error saying, Unrecoverable Read Error, then the name of my dvd reader, then error reading data.

Does anyone have any suggestions or shud i be looking at taking the computer back.

Thanks in advance.

A:CD Re-Writer / Dvd Writer Problem

I burnt a data cd before and that burnt with no problems at all, i then tried to burn an audio cd after this, but yet again it failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-re-writer-dvd-writer-problem.346730/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a CD writer, CD-R media, DVD-R media, video files on my computer that are AVI files(from a DVD player) and I have Nero burning software. I have burned VHS video on my CD writer. What prevents a CD writer from being able to burn a DVD if the media is DVD and the file is the proper format (AVI)?

A:what are differences between CD writer and DVD writer

Well you're in luck if you have an APEX DVD Player in your home. APEX DVD-Player's can play AVI and MPG files on regular CD's, but you will not be able to use a CD-Burner to burn to a DVD. Why? No one knows..lol Maybe someday, someone will find a loop-hole, I doubt it lol, but hey, you never know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-differences-between-cd-writer-and-dvd-writer.248310/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/