Windows Support Forum

Intel and Micron announce 3D Xpoint, a new memory technology that's 1,000 times faster than NAND

Q: Intel and Micron announce 3D Xpoint, a new memory technology that's 1,000 times faster than NAND

Intel and Micron held a joint press conference earlier today to announce a breakthrough memory technology called 3D Xpoint (pronounced 3D crosspoint) that's up to 1,000 times faster (read speeds) than today's NAND, features 1,000 times better endurance and is...

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Intel and Micron announce 3D Xpoint, a new memory technology that's 1,000 times faster than NAND

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Intel and Micron announce 3D Xpoint, a new memory technology that's 1,000 times faster than NAND

I hope this really brings about the death of the hard drive. And it can't come soon enough.

Gimme a 1 TB Xpoint SSD that doesn't break the bank and I'm sold.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-and-micron-announce-3d-xpoint-a-new-memory-technology-thats-1-000-times-faster-than-nand.217327/
Relevancy 110.94%

Intel's annual developer conference / mini trade show kicked off earlier today in San Francisco. Among the topics of discussion during the keynote was 3D XPoint, the new memory technology that Intel announced late last month.

Read more

A:SSDs based on Intel's 3D XPoint technology will arrive next year under the 'Optane' brand

I swear that Intel and a handful of other tech companies use the same 12 year old kid to name their new products and technologies. What's next the Hexa-cuda or the Barra-Hexa-tane?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssds-based-on-intels-3d-xpoint-technology-will-arrive-next-year-under-the-optane-brand.218321/
Relevancy 103.2%

Good news on the consumer solid state drive front as storage capacity is expected to ramp up dramatically in the coming months thanks to a partnership between Intel and Micron.

Read more

A:New flash technology from Intel, Micron will soon spawn 10TB SSDs

Will believe it when I see it but it sounds freaking awesome!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-flash-technology-from-intel-micron-will-soon-spawn-10tb-ssds.210781/
Relevancy 94.17%

First of all sorry for my bad english lang.The problem is about a lg r500 series laptop.I bought it with win vista but i wanted xp.Accidently with an old fdisc i erased all partitions.There were two of them one of 1gb and one other of about 151 gb.The disc that laptop has is 160 gb.The laptop has the ability of intel turbo memory.In the first partition of 1 gb were the drivers of raid card.After i erased it i cann't have the turbo memory ability.I found the drivers in intel site but they need flopy drive to install them (during the win installation by f6) and the laptop hasn't one.I have the same problem installing xp or vista.Please help

Relevancy 91.16%

Quote:
Intel and Micron plan to unveil new 25-nanometer flash memory chips on Monday via their IM Flash Technologies joint venture, the first commercial chip products made using advanced 25nm manufacturing technology.

The new 64 gigabit (8 gigabyte) MLC (multi-level cell) NAND flash memory chip will give the companies a significant cost advantage over rivals, chip market researcher Objective Analysis said in a research note. The research note was inadvertently sent out ahead of an official announcement by Intel and Micron, which is slated for Monday.

An Intel representative confirmed the new chips and said they are aimed at smartphones, solid-state drives (SSDs), and portable media players such as iPods.

Source -
Intel and Micron first to 25nm with new flash memory chips

A:Intel and Micron first to 25nm with new flash memory..

That is unbelievable when you consider that nanometer measurement describes the microscopic size of transistors and other parts on a chip and that a nanometer is a billionth of a meter, about the size of a few atoms combined.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/59907-intel-micron-first-25nm-new-flash-memory.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Apparently Intel has developed the next big thing in memory, PCM. Only time will tell how spendy its gonna be

A:Intel develops PCM memory, 100x faster than flash!

Very interesting, can't wait till it hits the market.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/172324-intel-develops-pcm-memory-100x-faster-than-flash.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Upgraded to Windows version build on Dell z and attempted to defragment c drive HDD Noticed that both c - HDD amp d - SSD drives were read as SSD so unable to Analyze or Defrag So I attempted to install the latest drives from Intel site Unfortunately crashed my system Required a new clean install nbsp Once new install went to Dell site and installed SRT driver and Chipset drivers Restart - checked bios - RAID drives and SRT enabled Save amp exit Went in to Cmd Prompt Admin - Diskprt - Clean List Disk showed drives both online with available space on both Went to Disk Management to initialize disk - Disk setup - MBR style of partition Then on disk HDD last partition chose ldquo Shrink Volume hellip rdquo from menu amp shrank Once completed Extend Volume on disk HDD working?? it Smart Set-up, - Rapid Response Install, Acceleration - Intel Start w/o Technology Is Technology nbsp Ran SRT program - nbsp Enable Acceleration - selected total drive - Maximized Mode Restart Finished but noticed the following As you may have noticed and my questions - where is the nd drive SSD that is being used as Intel Smart Response Technology w/o Rapid Start Technology - Set-up, Install, Acceleration - Is it working?? cache - why is it not showing up in Device Manager Diskpart Disk Management and Defrag software Yet SRT shows everything working And nd question why is Disk type still showing as SSD BTW defrag last run shows a time b c I defragged in Cmd Prompt - defrag c u v Please note that I did not install Intel Rapid Intel Smart Response Technology w/o Rapid Start Technology - Set-up, Install, Acceleration - Is it working?? Start Technology b c Intel no longer supports it amp Windows Power Options - System settings offers similar tech Therefore using nd drive for cacheing only So ultimately is SRT working How can I tell Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19989856
Relevancy 74.39%

Upgraded to Windows version build on Dell z and attempted to defragment c drive HDD Noticed that both c - HDD amp d - SSD drives were read as SSD so unable to Analyze or Defrag So I attempted to install the latest drives from Intel site Unfortunately crashed my system Required a new clean install nbsp Once new install went to Dell site Technology working?? - Install, Rapid Technology Intel Smart it Is Start Response Acceleration - Set-up, w/o and installed SRT driver and Chipset drivers Restart - checked bios - RAID drives and SRT enabled Intel Smart Response Technology w/o Rapid Start Technology - Set-up, Install, Acceleration - Is it working?? Save amp exit Went in to Cmd Prompt Admin - Diskprt - Clean List Disk showed drives both online with available space on both Went to Disk Management to initialize disk - Disk setup - MBR style of partition Then on disk HDD last partition chose ldquo Shrink Volume hellip rdquo from menu amp shrank Once completed Extend Volume on disk HDD nbsp Ran SRT program - nbsp Enable Acceleration - selected total drive - Maximized Mode Restart Finished but noticed the following As you may have noticed and my questions - where is the nd drive SSD that is being used as cache - why is it not showing up in Device Manager Diskpart Disk Management and Defrag software Yet SRT shows everything working And nd question why is Disk type still showing as SSD BTW defrag last run shows a time b c I defragged in Cmd Prompt - defrag c u v Please note that I did not install Intel Rapid Start Technology b c Intel no longer supports it amp Windows Power Options - System settings offers similar tech Therefore using nd drive for cacheing only So ultimately is SRT working How can I tell Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989856
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone I bought an Intel SSD G for my laptop several days ago It worked well with the OS Win Pro x When I paid attention to the NAND writes something make me confused The situation is as follow The SSD with the OS Win8.1 Intel NAND x64 Total 530 Problem in SSD Writes is the first primary Disk and the HDD is the second one I have moved the cache of IE chrome and Firefox to the Hard Intel SSD 530 Total NAND Writes Problem in Win8.1 x64 Drive using IE setting or Intel SSD 530 Total NAND Writes Problem in Win8.1 x64 mklink command and verified it correctly With the explorer working the written data stream from cache is produced in the HDD partition theoretically also I have got this conclusion through the System's Resource Monitor and the Diskmon from Microsoft website When I cached several Movies embedded in any explorer without other operation separately there are lots of written data traffic produced in the Intel SSD 530 Total NAND Writes Problem in Win8.1 x64 HDD partition and just little data wrote in system disk SSD it s no doubt Finally each test using one kind of explorer improved less than Mb in Total Host Writes which is normal for system operating but this process also consumed about Gb SSD's Total NAND writes in total in the CrystalDiskInfo Also I have got the same result with the newly Intel SSD Toolbox AIDA and CrystalDiskInfo In fact this written data traffic produced by explorer's cache in HDD is calculated into the SSD's total NAND writes Actually I'm not care of the SSD's wear and I'm sure it couldn't reach the limited lifespan with normal usage until next generation product arrives This accidental discovery confused me and the result above make me suspect the theory Putting IE Chrome or System cache into other medium driver saving your SSD's wear Q Here I want to know what makes this strange condition happen the drivers system's bug bad support for old mainboard the system's setting amp config or the special system log Testing condition Thinkpad R GM motherboard P Gig RAM Intel SSD Hitachi k Intel AGN Win Pro X with the Win 's Default config and drivers except turning the service Superfetch off manually also the system works in k alignment and AHCI Mode I could make sure the location of explorer cache IE Chrome Firefox in HDD also the written data traffic in HDD and the vast improved NAND writes in SSD simultaneously Thanks for your help

A:Intel SSD 530 Total NAND Writes Problem in Win8.1 x64

Hi, guys,
There are some supplementary data.
I have tested the total NAND writes in OS win7 x64 newly installed with the all x64 drivers, the chrome cache is moved to HDD partition, and the result is same as the one in win8.1. When the Value of Host Writes improved just one, namely 1*32Mb total host writes, there are almost 2Gb added to the total NAND writes. Followed is the graph from which we could get the monitoring data and the disk activity.
Finally, I speculate that there is a bug in the Intel 530 SSD firmware, DC22, if nohing wrong is in the testing environment.
Fig. 1 The beginning test capture.

Fig. 2 The final capture. The host writes improved 1, and the total NAND write nearly 2Gb, compared with the first graph.

Thank you for helping.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36529-intel-ssd-530-total-nand-writes-problem-win8-1-x64.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Quote:
Samsung sounds awfully excited about its latest SSD, a 512GB drive utilzing "toggle-mode DDR NAND" memory. It's the first SSD to do so, and according to Samsung, this is a pretty major deal. As Samsung explains it, toggle-mode DDR allows for higher performance without a subsequent increase in power consumption.

More

A Guy

A:Samsung Touts 512GB SSD with Toggle-Mode DDR NAND Memory

Quote:
No price has yet been set.

That's what will make it interesting...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/92746-samsung-touts-512gb-ssd-toggle-mode-ddr-nand-memory.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Quick background-I restored my drive from image and i cannot recall what i did to make it a bit faster. i think it had to do with Chipset or IRST.

I tried to install the latest version 14.8.0.1042 and i get a incorrect platform error and it doesn't install

I'm using version 12.8

My specs are Win 7 pro x64, 7 Series/216 H77 chipset, I5 3rd gen, SSD SanDisk Ultra II 240g, Seagate 2tb HDD
Is this version for a different chipset or version of windows?

A:Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) proper version question?

Hi Fooey,
follow this link, you need the enu version, 4th block down.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=22194

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/398005-intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst-proper-version-question.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi , I have a Toshiba satellite A 8 and I'm trying to run a programme that requires Intel HAXM install but I cannot install this. I need to run a virtual part of my program. I have tried to research this the best I can find is that I can turn vertualizeation on in bioes but I don't have that option. Please help .

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91298-Cannot-install-Intel-HAXM-Intel-virtualization-technology-needed
Relevancy 66.22%

hello i need helpwhy i can not install Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller 2016-08-02,09.21.00.1062 for acer f5 573g 70mv? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/why-Intel-R-Smart-Sound-Technology-Intel-R-SST-Audio-Controller/td-p/463025
Relevancy 64.5%

Have a Toshiba A665-S6095 laptop running 64-bit Win 7. It has a paltry Windows Experience Index of 4.6, which is the Graphics score (all the others average 5.6). I assume the integrated video shares memory with the computer's RAM, which is only 2 x 2GB (total of 4GB) DDR3-532 CL=7. For about $40 I can replace the DIMMs with 2 x 4GB (total of 8GB) DDR3-1333 CL=9.

Is that likely to make the computer perceptibly faster or a waste of $$?

Relevancy 60.63%

Plz tell me what is Viiv Technology and which devices can be used with it?

A:Intel ViiV Technology

Intel? Viiv? Processor Technology - Overview

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/116091-intel-viiv-technology.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to get my RAID setup working with the IMT, but for some reason, I can't install the software for it. It claims that I don't have the system requirements to setup the software.

However, I'm running WinXP, with the Gigabyte P965-DS3P rev3.3, which should have the IMT.

The program I'm talking about is here:

A:Intel Matrix Technology?!?

Have we moved past this part:

You need to install the raid driver (from floppy) before (while) you're installing Windows. Push F6 at the prompt. You must have 2 SATA drives, and they MAY need to support NCQ. The standard WD caviars 320GB and below DO NOT. Model # Initials SE. The WD RE ("Raid Edition")drives ALL support NCQ, As do (I think) all the Seagate SATAs. On Intel's 965 boards, Viiv is only supported with C2D processors. You can't run a single SATA drive in the SATA mode (Intel calls it ACHI) unless you have Vista. With XP single drives run as IDE. I don't know how much of this applies to other mfgs. boards with the 965 chipset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-matrix-technology.74368/
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently started using Oracle VM VirtualBox to run other operating systems within Windows 7 (for running old games). For this, I have virtualization enabled in my bios (instructed to do so in the VirtualBox manual).

I also use digital multitrack recording software and hardware to create music, which I like to devote as much system resources as possible to when running (disable Internet connection, turn off firewall and anti-virus, close real-time defragmenter, etc.). Multitrack recording really pushes hard drive access, and the sound processors place heavy demand on the CPU.

My question is: Does the virtualization technology take up any resources, or slow my system down any? Would there be any benefit in disabling virtualization in the bios when I'm recording?

Thanks!
~Syn~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-virtualization-technology.950784/
Relevancy 60.2%

What can I keep from starting up when I turn on my computer in order to make my computer faster starting up heres my hijack this if it times start up Faster helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Faster start up times exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass Faster start up times exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Faster start up times C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL INVENTORCONTENT Binn sqlservr exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system ishost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system ismini exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system bcmntray exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system f e bf exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files CoolMon CoolMon exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C WINDOWS system chkdsk exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp VSAdd-in - DD D- - C-A -A DBE - C Program Files VSAdd-in VSAdd-in dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run Dell Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Update... Read more

A:Faster start up times

Not sure if you got malware, adware, spyware, underware, etc., by the logfile, but a slow boot in a clean machine w/sp2 is a common problem...

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=514811

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faster-start-up-times.519256/
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been trying to get Intel's Rapid start technology working for quite a while now -- I've downloaded all of the drivgers for my motherboard and etc but I and Z97-A Pro Intel Technology Rapid Start with 950 can't install the rapid start software because it tells me that quot This Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot At Intel Rapid Start Technology with 950 Pro and Z97-A first I Intel Rapid Start Technology with 950 Pro and Z97-A thought it was that my Pro was not partition properly but I've now followed Intel's instructions and created a 'Hibernate' or whatever partition for it but that doesn't work I've also currently got GB of storage unallocated on the SSD which is double the amount of RAM I currently have Intel Rapid Start Technology with 950 Pro and Z97-A in my system because some people recommended unallocating some storage a little bit extra Now that I've fiddled with that for quite a while I double checked that it was enabled in the BIOS and found that it says quot No Valid Partition quot in the settings for Intel Rapid Start I think this could possibly be due to the fact that I am using the Pro through a PCI Adapter Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm really stuck and have been at this for hours I have followed the instructions at http download intel com support mo r uefi v pdf

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/55314-intel-rapid-start-technology-950-pro-z97.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Guys, Does anyone know how to enable Intel VT-X on HP Pavilion HP Pavilion ab032tx? I can't see the setting in the BIOS on computer, actualy there is very little in the bios. Also, I am unable to find out the option to enable Intel Virtualization. Any help would be great Regards,Sahibdeep

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-Enable-Intel-Virtualization-Technology-vt-x-on-HP/td-p/5655962
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi.....I just installed irst 10.6.0.1002 on a Gigabyte Z68 motherboard.I was running 10.5.0.1027 fine before this. Actually the system appears to be running fine at this new level driver.The problem I'm seeing is that after the irst service starts up I get a small irst error box saying I need to install 10.5.0 or higher;and I need to OK the message to make it go away.I beleive it's a false error detected in the service because 10.6.0.1002 is the latest and greatest.Has anyone seen this error or have a solution to it?
Thanks
Larry

A:Intel Smart Response Technology

Your system specs need to be more specific - Antec? Which antec?, Gigabyte? Which Z68 Gigabyte board?

Also can you post an image of the error code?

And I would use the latest drivers that are posted on Gigabyte's site - GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/173089-intel-smart-response-technology.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My notebook Toshiba U which come with to Storage Rapid set Intel Technology? How GB SSD HDD It applies Intel How to set Intel Rapid Storage Technology? Rapid Storage Technology to speed up the performance recently I try to upgrade my HDD by replacing SSD I use Norton Ghost clone image to SSD but when I restart window it pops up to config Intel Rapid Storage Technology IRST and cannot go to BIOS at all I get all the back up and keep original HDD untouched nbsp I get no idea on how to set IRST but it offers following options Create RAID VolumeDelete RAID VolumeReset Disks to Non-RAIDRecovery Volume OptionsAcceleration OptionsExit Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks in advance for any suggestions RAID Volumes ID Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp How to set Intel Rapid Storage Technology? nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Strip nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Size nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Status nbsp nbsp Bootable SSDSpace nbsp RAID Stripe nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp GB nbsp Normal nbsp Yes cache vol nbsp nbsp RAID Cache nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp GB Disabled No Physical Devices ID Device Model Size nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Type Status Vol ID nbsp New SSD nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp GB Non-RAID Disk nbsp SanDisk SSD nbsp GB nbsp nbsp Cache Disk Thanks in advance for any suggestions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/393e76a9-dc2d-4f6d-845a-18a3958771e9/how-to-set-intel-rapid-storage-technology?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,I have a problem installing X64 OS on VMWARE Player on my Lenovo AIO 300 Ideacentre , i was not able to find VT-X in BIOS to enable it , please advise how to enable VT-X and to be able to use virtualization and as i mentioned i'am not able to find it in BIOS. Appreciate your kind support.

A:Enabling Intel VT (Virtualization Technology)in AI...

I usually can be found either under the Security > Virutualization section, or under Advanced > CPU Setup sections depending on the BIOS.     Hope that helps. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Enabling-Intel-VT-Virtualization-Technology-in-AIO-300/td-p/3291143
Relevancy 60.2%

I want to Enable Intel Virtualization Technology (vt-x) on my HP Pavilion 23-b026in All-in-One Desktop PC. But I'm unable to find the option in my BIOS. My processor is capable for Virtualization Technology but I'm unable to find the option to enable it on my PC. Can you please help.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How to Enable Intel Virtualization Technology (vt-x) on HP P...

Hi, Rapidly tapping the ESC key after power on should get you to Startup Menu and from there you can select Computer Setup (bios). If you can't get to the Startup memu using the ESC key then you will need to take a longer route to get into the UEFI settings.  Review this procedure. The below image is reflective for the Leeds motherboard in your PC. There is not a lot of differences between the below image and that which Paul had posted.  You will need to change the Disable to Enable and then save the settings. The other changes will require Windows 8 Pro or higher and also to enable the function under Turn Windows Features On or Off.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-Enable-Intel-Virtualization-Technology-vt-x-on-HP/td-p/3198063
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I've finished installing drivers for my laptop and I really have no idea about Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Do I need it? Help!

A:What is Intel Rapid Storage Technology? Do I need it?

Hi

This is mainly used for RAID setup and management but you can use it to manage your SATA HDD's.

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184292-what-intel-rapid-storage-technology-do-i-need.html
Relevancy 60.2%

is the intel rapid storage technology is for SSD OR HD? or should i download it???

A:intel rapid storage technology

It`s actually for a raid setup, but I always install it on my ssd.

Install it.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...l%C2%AE+RST%29

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/364528-intel-rapid-storage-technology.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Q1. What is the MAXIMUM Turbo Boost technology for i5 760 2.8 Ghz without overclocking the CPU? below are my hardware specs.
Q2. Example: An application needs 3 Ghz clockspeed to run smoothly.

Will i5 760 @ 2.8 Ghz convert to 3 Ghz?
Specs:

i5 760 2.80 Ghz
Mobo = DH55PJ
4 gig corsair ddr3
GTS250 1 Gig ddr3 256 bit
2 TB Hard Disc.

I need a good simple answer Q1 and Q2.

Tnx!

A:Intel i5 760 @ 2.8 Ghz Max Turbo Boost Technology

Max Turbo Frequency 3.46 GHz

The CPU automatically steps the multiplier based on load and number of cores used:

Up to 1 core used at 3.46 GHz. On CPU extensive apps, expect to get the 2.93GHz speed, as all 4 cores will be used. This is of course at the stock 133MHz BCLK.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/111913-intel-i5-760-2-8-ghz-max-turbo-boost-technology.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been trying to get Intel's Rapid start technology working for quite a while now -- I've downloaded all of the drivgers for my motherboard and etc but I can't install the rapid start software because it tells me that quot This Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing and Intel Pro Start Z97-A with 950 Technology Rapid the software quot At first I thought it was that my Pro was not partition properly but I've now followed Intel's instructions and created Intel Rapid Start Technology with 950 Pro and Z97-A a 'Hibernate' or whatever partition for it but that doesn't work I've also currently got GB of storage unallocated on the SSD which is double the amount of RAM I currently have in my system because some people recommended unallocating some storage a little bit extra Now that I've fiddled with that for quite a while I double checked that it was enabled in the BIOS and found that it says quot No Valid Partition quot in the settings for Intel Rapid Start I think this could possibly be due to the fact that I am using the Pro through a PCI Adapter Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm really stuck and have been at this for hours I have followed the instructions at http download intel com support mo r uefi v pdf

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55314-intel-rapid-start-technology-950-pro-z97.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am building a new box and want to use the new Intel SRT. A small SSD with a large HDD. I have read that the system is still buggy, and would like to know if anyone can tell me if this issue has been resolved? Thank you for any advice you can give me. As always, this is the place I come to for help! You guys are the greatest!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-smart-response-technology.1040263/
Relevancy 60.2%

I built a new system for a relative Technology Intel Storage MSI Rapid H87-G43 using the H -G MSI board Intel Rapid Storage Technology MSI H87-G43 I have set up a SSD GB to be used as a Caching disk using Intel's Rapid Storage Technology I followed the set up procedure which required a BIOS change to RAID Mode before the OS was installed So I have one GB drive that is accelerated and the GB SSD that is being used as the caching drive No errors or BSOD's when booting I had to enable the drive in the Intel console for this it sees the drive just fine to work The Intel Rapid Storage Technology Intel SRT really improves boot times over just using the mechanical drive It is not a performance issue I am having just a reporting issue I think The question I have is about how Windows is reporting the drives in Device manager and computer management Windows shows the information below in bold In device manager only the GB drive is shown and it is shown as a SCSI device In computer management only the GB drive is shown Both drives are shown in the Intel management console for this technology The computer is running fine and zippy I am just a bit concerned about the GB drive SATA being reported as SCSI Funny I downloaded SPECCY and it shows it as a SCSI drive as well using a pin cable Any help thoughts ideas or experience with this technology that could enlighten me would be very helpful Thanks

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology MSI H87-G43

Found out this is normal behavior, no issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336712-intel-rapid-storage-technology-msi-h87-g43.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Can somebody please explain to me the difference between Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel Viiv Core 2 Duo,

Thanks,
-UNR3ALXV

A:Solved: Intel Viiv Technology?

Download the Viiv product brief and see for yourself.

Intel® Viiv™ Technology

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-viiv-technology.570278/
Relevancy 60.2%

I understand what Intel Turbo Boost technology is and how it works What I would really like to know is quot does it do what it says on the can quot In practice does this technology really work seamlessly in the background as your computing demands vary depending Technology Turbo Intel Boost on your current needs I am currently considering the purchase of a computer with an Intel Core i - U Processor that is rated GHz and GHz with TurboBoost incorporating a Intel Turbo Boost Technology MB cache Some Intel Turbo Boost Technology of the work that I do is as mundane and low-usage as Word or Excel and a GHz Intel Turbo Boost Technology processor is more than adequate But much of the work that I do is graphically intensive and I expect that at GHz the processor will fall over but at GHz it should be just fine In the real-world of hands-on use is this Intel Turbo Boost technology the answer to vastly different workloads such as that described above TiA T nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

my intel rapid storage technolgy icon shows not running.on opening the application some thing like detecting problem occurs and it closes automatically.plz suugest me a solution.i'm confused..

A:intel rapid storage technology

Quote: Originally Posted by cool91abhi

my intel rapid storage technolgy icon shows not running.on opening the application some thing like detecting problem occurs and it closes automatically.plz suugest me a solution.i'm confused..

Welcome to the Sevenforums!

You might want to uninstall the application from Control panel => "programs and features", then reinstall the Intel Rapid storage Technology. See if it's works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/126304-intel-rapid-storage-technology.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I don t know much about computers so I m not sure what s going on with my laptop For over a month my my laptop likes to disconnect from the internet all by itself The internet connection itself My Technology Intel WiFi Disabled? is fine My sister s laptop never looses internet nor does any other device in our house that uses WiFi It only seems to be my laptop Intel My WiFi Technology Disabled? Furthermore quot My Wifi Technology quot always says WiFi has been disabled I try to enable it but it still says its disabled What s weirder is that usually my internet works fine even it claims WiFi is disabled I tried system restore just to see if it would help somehow it didn t I also scanned my computer fur viruses but nothing showed up The only way I can connect to the internet again is by restarting my laptop I m wondering if I Intel My WiFi Technology Disabled? have fault hardware or something Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc U E Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Intel My WiFi Technology Disabled?

Download from the laptop manufacturer's web site the wireless driver and install or reinstall it.

Do you have the same problem with an ethernet connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-my-wifi-technology-disabled.1107963/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just loaded Windows 7 64 and am missing 2 drivers and was wondering if they were important to get and if so where would I find them? I already tried Intels site and all the Intel Quick Resume Technology drivers I found do not support Win 7 64. The drivers are : Intel Quick Resume Technology and Intel G965/P965 Chipset - Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) [C-2]. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Intel Quick Resume Technology

Hi cool1blues,

Please fill out your System Specs as completely as possible so we can better assist you.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/96528-intel-quick-resume-technology.html
Relevancy 60.2%

With the driver revision change of the latest W7 compatible storage management driver has come a name change as well from
Intel Matrix Storage Manager to Intel? Rapid Storage Technology with new driver version v9.5.0.1037.
I've already installed it & it really improved my HD performance with NCQ enabled compared to drivers v8.9.0.1023.
It now is faster in AHIC mode on a single drive compared to IDE mode with this new driver so I'm very pleased with it.

My full system specs are below in my post. (bottom lefthand corner)
Here's a few screenshots of the new interface & HD Tune performance benchmark with AHIC (single drive) & NCQ enabled.

You can check it out here if you like...
Intel? Rapid Storage Technology

And you can download the latest driver here...
Intel? Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel Desktop Boards

A:Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

On behalf of those who can utilize this technology I thank you for your post and links. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/60604-intel-rapid-storage-technology.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have just purchased a Lenovo B50-80 (80LT00H5US)  i3-4005u Notebook (April 2016).
I noticed a Application installed called "Intel Rapid Storage Technology". It has a 500GB HDD Hard Drive.

Is there a good reason or reasons that I use it? If there is what are the advantages for me, a guy who uses mail and browses and sometime watches a movie on it.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:B50-80 - Intel Rapid Storage Technology APP?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

The main reason for using it is performance of the hard drive.  The Intel Rapid Storage Technology application not only aids in better hard drive transfer speeds, but will also keep power consumption to a minimum.  Whether you are just browsing the web or watching a movie you will find the Intel Rapid Storage Technology of benefit to you.  For more information on Intel Rapid Storage Technology please visit the link I have below.....

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B50-80-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-APP/td-p/3317448
Relevancy 60.2%

Would like to install Intel My Wifi Technology on a HP dv7 2.53 ghz i5 4gb ram. It is already installed on another dv7 (2.4ghz i5 8gb ram).
Does this require a physical device to be installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381801-would-like-install-intel-my-wifi-technology.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Would like to install Intel My Wifi Technology on a HP dv7 2.53 ghz i5 4gb ram. It is already installed on another dv7 (2.4ghz i5 8gb ram).
Does this require a physical device to be installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381801-would-like-install-intel-my-wifi-technology.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have just purchased a Lenovo B50-80 (80LT00H5US)  i3-4005u Notebook (April 2016).I noticed a Application installed called "Intel Rapid Storage Technology". It has a 500GB HDD Hard Drive. Is there a good reason or reasons that I use it? If there is what are the advantages for me, a guy who uses mail and browses and sometime watches a movie on it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-APP/td-p/3317448
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an HP 650 G1 laptop and want to install VirtualBox 64 bit for Linux. It requires that the Bios Virtualization setting be enabled. How do I enable this on the HP 650 G1? Thank you.

A:Enabling Intel Virtualization technology(vt-x)

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu, then select f10 to enter the Bios Menu.  The option to enable Virtuaalization can be found under the Advanced tab.......Device Settings....Device Configuration. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Enabling-Intel-Virtualization-technology-vt-x/td-p/5759086
Relevancy 59.34%

When I turned on my laptop this morning, it initially booted fine. While reading my email, the system froze up, for some unknown reason. I turned it off and turned it back on. I got an error message that the atchksrv did not open after 60 seconds. I tried to close this error screen, but nothing happens. The cursor will not work when I click it. This is the intel active management technology status. I can only open the system in safe mode. I have run scan's with malwarebytes; microsoft essentials; avg2012. Nothing. Help! How do I fix this problem?

A:Intel Active Management Technology Status

Hello and welcome to bleeping computer.
The first problem you have is running two antivirus software apps uninstall avg2012 then reboot your machine and see if it starts in normal mode then
Download CCLEANER the link below:

http://www.piriform....leaner/download

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.Also hit start run then type msconfig then hit the services tab then hit put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?

If it doesnt start in normal mode then follow the above instructions in safe mode with networking.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426211/intel-active-management-technology-status/
Relevancy 59.34%

When my Windows load, the IRST icon at the bottom right would say that IRST is not running. I had to double click on the icon for it to load. Is this normal? I just installed a SSD last night and did a fresh install with IRST. I am using the latest official IRST drivers.

A:intel rapid storage technology not running

Its a delayed start.

It starts on its own after 3 minutes of uptime if I remember correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/118434-intel-rapid-storage-technology-not-running.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Did a clean install on my Vaio laptop (VPCF11LFX) of Win 7 64 bit Ultimate. Before I had a program under Control Panel/Program and Features called Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver. Now I don't. I can't find out what this program is or what it's purpose is. Is it even necessary as my laptop seems to be running fine. I found the latest version (I think) and it seemed to load but when I checked, it didn't show up under Programs and Features. Any info would be helpful.

Regards

JJ

A:Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver, What is it?

Hi jj!

I was going to give you a brief synopsis, runs the proc core faster, but this Intel page will describe it better:
Processors — Intel? Turbo Boost Technology frequently asked questions

You can also download a gadget which shows it in action:
Processors — Intel? Turbo Boost Technology Monitor

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/85874-intel-turbo-boost-technology-driver-what.html
Relevancy 59.34%

When I boot, the RST is supposed to start. It doesn't. I checked the msconfig/startup and it is set to start at boot. I have to double click it in my taskbar to get it running on every boot. This is a new error. I am running XPpro SP3, running 4 gigs RAM on a Dell E520. Any ideas?

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology Not Running

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/intel-rapid-storage-technology-service-is-not/7a269721-f4af-40de-b4d4-e72c5db9e988 .

louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477290/intel-rapid-storage-technology-not-running/
Relevancy 59.34%

The PC in question is Sandy Bridge based system with one SSD and Technology Rapid Intel Storage question... an HDD Is it necessary to install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology that installs a service with the same name I am trying to get rid of the following error message event ID in the system log Quote Intel Rapid Storage Technology question... The device Device Ide iaStor did not respond within the timeout period I've searched for this error and this link has a pretty good explanation quote Quote If your hard drive doesn't support LPM Link Power Management then by default Intel's controller still attempts to send LPM commands to the drive which Intel Rapid Storage Technology question... causes the computer to freeze for - seconds and it creates two events in the event logs That's pretty much the exact description of symptoms my system experienced While the link references ICH R and ICH R controller hub drivers the suggested registry fix seemingly fixed event errors for the ICH R as well Removing Intel Rapid Storage Technology probably will not do anything in relation to this error I don't really see much use of it The other question relates to the ICH R controller driver is this driver that freezes my system necessary at all The reason for asking is that I have another system based on the Asus P P motherboard that does not have Intel controller driver installed and it works just fine Thanks in advance

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology question...

Perhaps reading this might help - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...?DwnldID=18859

BTW I use it and have no issues. However I don't don't have a RAID setup but I do use AHCI.

Quote:
It also provides AHCI support on select Intel? 5 Series, 4 Series, 3 Series, 965, 975X, 955X, 945, 925 and 915 chipset-based platforms, as well as on Mobile Intel? 915/910 chipset-based platforms.

If you're not using RAID or AHCI I'd imagine you don't need it.

That's the way I understand it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/158906-intel-rapid-storage-technology-question.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 last week. I have an Intel SSD system disk, a 2T hard drive for user files, an old 500Mb hard drive for miscellaneous backups and an external 2T USB hard drive for backups.

I had Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) application v 12.9.0.1001 under Windows 8.1 and this remains operational after the upgrade. My Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard has an Intel 7 Series SATA AHCI Controller.

Do I really need the IRST application or should I uninstall it? I've seen in other posts on the forum that the IRST software may be the cause of occasional slow logins I experience on my desktop PC and laptop (both have IRST software).

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology Application - Do I Need It?

I would recommend you try using it, then compare performance when it's not installed. It is explained somewhat in this old thread

What is Intel Rapid Storage Technology? Do I need it? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53730-intel-rapid-storage-technology-application-do-i-need.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Just released in the wild, driver dated 4/27/2010.
I just found it for my Asus board, but will work with any compatible boards.
Site is french and is listed under drivers.
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro bios & drivers

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology 9.6.3.1001

I finally install the last v9.6.3.1001 Whql one from stationdriver.com, against Intel Site v9.6.0.1014...

Works pretty fine!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/89054-intel-rapid-storage-technology-9-6-3-1001-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Dipping PC parts into a vat of oil sounds scary at first, but it's actually a great way to cool components, and surprisingly safe to boot. You may recall that back in 2008, we played with an oil immersed system from Hardcore PC, and while the idea hasn't quite gone mainstream, it's making headway. Puget Systems sells a DIY oil kit (which we highlighted in 2010), and now Intel is experimenting with the idea, albeit on the server side.

Read more at source:
Maximum PC | Intel Experiments with Oil Immersion Cooling Technology

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/297845-intel-experiments-oil-immersion-cooling-technology.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and Intel Turbo Boost worked fine. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and now Intel Turbo Boost will not load.  Is this a windows issue or do I need an updated version of Intel Turbo Boost?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7f8b070-a202-4bb7-a592-b30569313183/intel-turbo-boost-technology-in-windows-10-pro?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 59.34%

After Windows 10 refresh application is missing and I can't see where to download from

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990935
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I have a Toshiba A665-S5170 laptop and the icon for Intel My Wifi Technology says 'Adapter not found' (but I am still able to connect to the internet). Should I be concerned about this? I rarely shut down my computer (I just put it to hibernate) and I'm afraid to do that or even restart it because the wireless might not work if I do.

I read that My Wifi technology is actually only meant to allow me to use my computer as a wifi hot spot, is that true? That would explain why my internet is still up and running and, if that's the case, I'm not sure if the network adapter working is a problem since I don't use my computer as a hot spot. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Relevancy 59.34%

When I look at existing restore points in my system, there are always lots of points labelled "Intel(R) Technology Access"
Many have been created at very short time intervals, sometimes just a few seconds apart.
Does anybody know why they are created and what is instigating their creation?

A:Restore Points Intel Technology Access

Seems to be an issue with Intel Technology Access itself. See this Intel Communities post entitled, prosaically enough "Problems with the Intel Technology Access." Removing the utility seems to do the trick.
HTH,
--Ed--

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/47275-restore-points-intel-technology-access.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi my laptop has "intel turbo boost technology monitor 2.0" does anyone no what the little green blob is within the box

A:intel turbo boost technology monitor 2.0

Hi moota1514,Looks like it's a green leaf and indicates that the processor is running in "energy saving mode." See this link: http://drdobbs.com/blogs/high-performance-computing/229301335 for pictures and more info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429383/intel-turbo-boost-technology-monitor-20/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Studio XPS 9100 running Windows 7, that I purchased 5 years ago (Apr 2011).  I have painstakingly gone through to make sure everything is working perfectly (at this snapshot in time) and corrected the few problems I had.  I think I will upgrade to W10 in June. 
There is an app that was preinstalled by Dell, entitled "Intel Rapid Storage Technology".  Does anyone know if this will continue to function with W10?  If not, does that speed things up significantly, or is it not worth worrying about?

A:Will Intel Rapid Storage Technology work with W10

Clean install out of the box No nor will it work upgrade.
The reason is that the RST application requires DOTNET.
This has to be ADDED BACK to windows 7 8 10 via control panel, add features to windows, must be ONLINE as these "features" are downloaded from windows update.
Advanced format drives Require INTEL RST 9.6 or higher.
Larger than 2TB Drives requires a host bus adapter and or INTEL RST 10.1 or higher.
The problem is that newer and newer versions of RST DO NOT SUPPORT OLDER AND OLDER versions of INTEL ICH aka ICH 4 5 6 7 8 9 10.  The higher you go the lower versions drop support.
Version 9.6 may be max for your motherboard.
I am sure that by the time you get to INTEL RST version 11.7 that your ICH aka Sata controller is NOT supported.
Trying to install when the system is in ATA mode instead of AHCI OR if the version of ICH is not supported will error with not supported hardware.
The INTEL RST 9.6  F6 Drivers can be put on a USB Flash drive and when AHCI is enabled for Sata operation it will load the drivers and see the disk.  If you do not load RST 9.6 or higher it will not "see the drive" and will not install.  Advanced format 4k drives started arriving in 2011.  At this point ALL NEW Drives are advanced format.  If you have an ancient 120 gig , 80 gig drive it won't need the drivers.   Most 160 Gig, 320 gig , 500 gig etc are 4k Advanced format Drives.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/15251

Detailed Description
Installs the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) driver version 9.6.0.1014 for Intel® Desktop Boards. Download the driver (STOR_allOS_9.6.0.1014_PV.exe) and one of the following F6 Driver Diskettes (depending on your operating system):STOR_all32_f6flpy_9.6.0.1014_PV.zip - F6 driver diskette for Windows* 7 (32-bit editions), Windows* Vista* (32-bit editions), Windows XP* Home, Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Media Center Edition.STOR_all64_f6flpy_9.6.0.1014_PV.zip - F6 driver diskette for Windows 7 (64-bit editions), Windows Vista (64-bit editions) or Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition.
Before ANY OS install you have to CTRL R or CTRL i  from BIOS and Initialize the drives as Raid 1 aka Mirrored container.
Raid ZERO Striped is never a good idea because if you lose a drive you lose all data. RAID 0 (also known as a stripe set or striped volume) splits ("stripes") data evenly across two or more disks, without  parity information, redundancy, or fault Tolerance. Since RAID 0 provides no fault tolerance or redundancy,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981410
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I`m using Dell Inspiron 15r special addiction and formatted my windows 7 with Dell Datasafe thing. After I reformatted my laptop and I noticed that the Intel(R) Turbo Boots Technology Monitor showing 2.9 ~ 3.0 GHz all the time although its under idle status.before that, when its idle it will be lower than 2.9 GHz until I executing some program. Anyone know what happen with the Intel(R) Turbo Boots Technology Monitor 2.0?

A:Intel(R) Turbo Boosts Technology Monitor 2.0

Try uninstalling and updating to the latest version here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=19105

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/303240-intel-r-turbo-boosts-technology-monitor-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I had it installed previously on my computer, but it was in Program Files x86, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, but am greeted by a blank install box that I cannot read. The only visible option is the OK button which cancels the install.

This is what I am downloading.

File name:
iata_enu_10.8.0.1003.exe
Version:10.8.0.1003
Download
Date:11/11/2011 Status:Latest
Size:6.89 MB Language:English
Operating Systems:Windows Server 2003 *, Windows Server 2008 *, Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows Vista 64*, Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows XP Media Center Edition*, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition*, Windows XP Professional*

I am running Win 7 64 bit on a P6TD Deluxe board with my main drive a CORSAIR CMFSSD-128GBG2D

Am I downloading the wrong installer? Where have I gone wrong.....

Please advise.

Thanks
Sam

A:need Intel® Rapid Storage Technology setup for 64 bit

You downloaded the correct Intel software, iata_enu_10.8.0.1003.exe
Intel? Rapid Storage Technology installs in Program Files (x86) for are 64 but system because the GUI (control panel software) is 32 bit.
The drivers, however are 64 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/216393-need-intel-rapid-storage-technology-setup-64-bit.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a EX58-UD3R motherboard and I decided to install the latest drivers instead of the installation CD, but when I get to Intel Rapid Storage Technology I get "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software" which is a very vague message. I tried to look into the installation CD for something similar but found nothing, so Im not sure what's causing this..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/382532-cant-install-intel-rapid-storage-technology.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all,

My configuration:

Notebook - Asus
1TB HDD + 24 GB SSD (sandisk)

I've reinstalled WIN but now I can't use "Intel Rapid Storage Technology " -> Intel Smart Response Technology.

Now I'm lost because I don't know how to configure this SSD as SRT (Smart response technology). I configure "SSD" drive inside "disk management" as "stand-alone" partition, which is not proper as far I discovered.

I've installed all drivers (Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver for my notebook) and also application"Intel rapid storage technology". Because SSD is not configured as it should be there is no option/tab "accelerate":
Can anyone help me, I really don't want to reinstall everything...

Thank you

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology SSD how to configure

The following is for Lenovo products, but the steps in diskpart should be the same. Just remember to install the proper driver or software for your laptop:

Considerations to deploy Intel Rapid Start Technology - Lenovo Support (US)

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63512-intel-rapid-storage-technology-ssd-how-configure.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm a first time poster and I hope that this thread is the proper place to post my problem.

I set up a RAID 0 array with the Intel RST of 2 750-gb hard drives. One of the drives has my Windows 7 installation on it and I am using that one to migrate into the RAID array. In the Storage System View screen the two drives of 750-gb each appear but the RAID 0 "Volume_0000" only shows a size of 750-gb.

Can anyone clue me in as to where the problem is?

thanks,

Ifrevets

A:Migrating Using Intel Rapid Storage Technology

It's all academic now. This was the third time I got the same result so I just gave up trying.

I just reinstalled thre o.s. again and I'll have to put all my stuff back on again.

Ifrevets

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/97820-migrating-using-intel-rapid-storage-technology.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So I built my system using this SSD caching It works really well My hard drive is terrabyte and my Cache drive is a gig ssd Lately while a Intel Storage Rapid Technology question.. playing Star Wars the Old repubic I have been freezing Intel Rapid Storage Technology a question.. in game This freezing completely locks the computer I run Teamspeak and I can still push to talk and my friends can still talk and I can talk to them via this during the freeze What is odd is Cnt alt delete will not bring up the control panel to allow me to kill the game I am just stuck Normally I would say this is a Video driver issue I did cleanly reinstall the latest Nvidia driver and this will still occur sometimes Now when I disable RST I never get the problem I can play and play and play When I reactivate RST to maximized I can still play but its like a timer After about or days the Freeze will happen So my RST question is has the driver been updated since when I built my computer and is it possible to update this driver now without having to re-install Windows and all my programs If I am left with having to re-install I am likely to just fork over the money and just buy a gig SSD and keep Windows and or of my favorite games on it and use the Terrabyte drive for Music videos and storage nbsp

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology a question..

Yep, there's 2013 versions for Win7.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Se...=Intel®+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel®+RST)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-rapid-storage-technology-a-question.203611/
Relevancy 59.34%

I saw this driver posted over at Station Drivers for Oct 22nd.
I read a little about it at Intel's website that its for Core i7 (which I have), but when I try to install it I get an error box that my hardware is not supported.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this driver and/or why I may not be able to install it.

Thanks in advance....
T

A:Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver

Its a Gadget, rather then a driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/32327-intel-turbo-boost-technology-driver.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an Aspire S with a GB BIOS from Storage gone Technology Rapid Intel SSD The SSD is seen in the laptop as two GB drives and is nbsp configured in RAID as default At one point the RAID failed and I tried to factory reset but the laptop wouldn't get into the recovery-mode pressing ALT F and all variations of ALT CTRL F-buttons so I reinstalled manually with Intel Rapid Storage Technology gone from BIOS a USB nbsp In BIOS both drives are seen as GB but in Windows only the one drive I installed on is seen as GB the other one is still seen as the RAID-drive GB It's not usable since I have to format it first but I don't dare to do that I can see that Intel Rapid Storage Technology gone from BIOS the recoverypartition is still on this but since RAID being RAID I'm assuming that all data on this ghost-partition is not usable in any way nbsp When starting the laptop I get the Intel Rapid Storage Technology prompt press CTRL I and it's saying that the RAID has failed listing both drives partitions one of them as Intel Rapid Storage Technology gone from BIOS a member and the other one the one I reinstalled Windows on not as a member So I deleted that configuration and thought I'd recreate it and reinstall Windows again But when I deleted the configuration I can no longer access Intel Rapid Storage Technology at all the prompt never comes up It just boots straight into Windows Pressing CTRL I at startup gives nothing probably because IRST isn't loading at all nbsp I'll assume that the recoverypartition is gone forever since I already reinstalled on one of the partitions but I'd like to at least get RAID working again nbsp nbsp TL DR - Intel Rapid Storage Technology uninstalled itself from the board how can I enable it again Solved Go to Solution

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology gone from BIOS

if you are not using windows 7, i strongly suggest you to re-install under UEFI. i suggest you to update BIOS if any update for your S5 is available, maybe this can fix your IRST issue:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support if you still had issue with CTRL-I have a look here:http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R13-R7-371T-Raid-0/td-p/366145/page/2and check KEHinWA post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-gone-from-BIOS/td-p/418955/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.34%

Dipping PC parts into a vat of oil sounds scary at first, but it's actually a great way to cool components, and surprisingly safe to boot. You may recall that back in 2008, we played with an oil immersed system from Hardcore PC, and while the idea hasn't quite gone mainstream, it's making headway. Puget Systems sells a DIY oil kit (which we highlighted in 2010), and now Intel is experimenting with the idea, albeit on the server side.

Read more at source:
Maximum PC | Intel Experiments with Oil Immersion Cooling Technology

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297845-intel-experiments-oil-immersion-cooling-technology.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone I'm a new user and I have kind of a weird problem I tried researching my problem but I have came to no real answer on google or on sevenforums com so i decided to create a new thread I must apologize in advance for my Intel Rapid Problem Storage Technology lack of knowledge when it comes to computers but im trying to learn Anyways My brother and I installed a our new Seagate Barracuda XT TB harddrive to my computer a few days ago and everything installed great and worked just fine However my brother decided to use the Intel Rapid Storage Technology feature not really understanding what it does He was thinking that a simple backup of the computer could be created and the information could be placed on our secondary HDD So he I think turned the second disk into a recovery disk or something but we cant access the HDD in the normal way anymore So basically Intel Rapid Storage Technology Problem there is an Array and Volume RAID now displayed now and we simply want to bring back normal functionality to the harddrive and if possible recover any data that was on it if not whatever If anyone could help me or needs more information I'd be happy to provide Thank you in advance

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology Problem

Here is the system report:

System Report

System Information
OS name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
OS version: 6.1.7600 7600
System name: DARIUS-PC
System manufacturer: Alienware
System model: Aurora-R2
Processor: GenuineIntel Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5 2.801 GHz
BIOS: Default System BIOS, ALWARE - 20100312

Intel? Rapid Storage Technology
User interface version: 9.6.0.1014
Language: English (United States)
Intel RAID controller: Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/5 Series/3400 Series SATA RAID Controller
Number of SATA ports: 6
RAID option ROM version: 8.9.0.1023
Driver version: 9.6.0.1014
ISDI version: 9.6.0.1014

Device Information
Name: Array_0000
Size: 1,907 GB
Available space: 953 GB
Disk data cache: Enabled
Number of volumes: 1
Volume member: Volume_0000
Number of disks: 2
Array disk: 6VP4R3ZD
Array disk: 9WM21NA5

Name: Volume_0000
Type: RAID 0
Size: 954 GB
Data strip size: 128 KB
Write-back cache: Disabled
System volume: Yes
Initialized: Yes
Verification errors found: 0
Blocks with media errors: 0
Physical sector size: 512 Bytes
Logical sector size: 512 Bytes
Parent array: Array_0000
Number of disks: 2
Array disk: 6VP4R3ZD
Array disk: 9WM21NA5

Disk on port 0
Port location: Internal
Usage: Array disk
Size: 954 GB
Serial number: 6VP4R3ZD
Model: ST31000528AS
Firmware: CC45
System disk: No
Password protected: No
Native command queuing: Yes
SATA transfer mode: Generation 2

Disk on port 1
Usage: Array disk
Size: 1,908 GB
Serial number: 9WM21NA5
Model: ST32000641AS
Firmware: CC13
Native command queuing: Yes
SATA transfer mode: Generation 2

Disk on port 4
Usage: Unknown
Size: 0 GB
Serial number: CN0F4GM873639068508Q
Model: PLDS DVD+/-RW DH-24ABS
Firmware: AD11
Disk data cache: Disabled
Native command queuing: No
SATA transfer mode: Generation 1
Physical sector size: 0 Bytes
Logical sector size: 0 Bytes

Empty port
Port: 2

Empty port
Port: 3

Empty port
Port: 5

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/129299-intel-rapid-storage-technology-problem.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Wonder what all this Intel software is about
Is it coming down from the latest 10 build in updates?

I now have 4 Intel programs on my machine:
Ethernet Adapter and Intel MEI
Plus the 2 in the OP
Is Intel and Microsoft teaming up to deliver higher performance
Or similar innocent explanation
bump.. very simple
they're all installed together
as part of Intel Management Engine

A:Intel: ( Security Assist / Technology Access )

Thanks, just wondering what all these were !! Truthfully what is Intel Security Assist for i wonder, as was not there for last build.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/7930-intel-security-assist-technology-access.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Support,
Please help I can't install Intel Rapid Storage Technology See attached screenshot

Logs.zip

A:Can't Install Intel Rapid Storage Technology

We cannot help without knowing your system and configuration:
What model?
Does it have two hard drives (one SSD, one physical hard drive)?
What OS?
What OS version?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985655
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there nbsp after finaly having done the Raid installation and acceleration in the Intel Rapid Storage Manager with MBR partitioning I noticed logical im not able to boot in UEFI anymore Before that I tried every possible solution to get Rapid Storage with UEFI and GPT partitioning working but failed Is it even possible to get Rapid Intel with after Technology UEFI Storage Cle... Rapid Storage on GPT partitions working The Intel Rapid Storage Technology with UEFI after Cle... accelerationbutton never showed up nbsp Intel Rapid Storage Technology with UEFI after Cle... -Clean Install with driver implementation while Win Setup-Waiting for all drivers beeing installed-Chipset Update nbsp nbsp I also noticed that Rapid STORAGE needs GB of my GB SSD-Cache Rapid START Technology nbsp needs GB GB RAM nbsp for the hybernation partition Is there a work around since GB GB exceed the space of the GBs of my SSD For example using less than GB for the nbsp hybernation Partition nbsp Because with MBR and no nbsp Rapid Start installed nbsp boot time is still very long nbsp Does my nbsp nbsp Caching-System Intel Rapid STORAGE nbsp needs time to establish a fast boot or is it only accelerating read and write speed while using the OS nbsp Is Windows Fast Boot working without UEFI nbsp So finaly Do I have to stay with MBR if I want to use Rapid STORAGE Technology

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-with-UEFI-after-Clean-Win10/td-p/3457447
Relevancy 58.91%

Recently I upgraded my BIOS to the latest version: "F.63 for HP EliteBook Folio 9470m". The first thing catching my attention, when I was checking the BIOS, was the missing entry: Intel Rapid Start Technology (FFS). This removal seems the intention of HP, according to the product change notification (Document ID: c05143560). Unfortunately, I've seen this product change notification afterward. My question: ?What was the reason, for HP, to decide removing the Intel Rapid Start Technology (FFS) feature from the BIOS??  HP mentions, according the product change notification, the disappearance of the feature, however not why.  There must be a reason and I like to know. Thanks in advance.

A:Intel Rapid Start Technology (FFS) removed from BIOS.

@TheIngenieur? This is all I could find. Fixes an issue on a system running Intel Rapid Start Technology where the system stops functioning properly when the system resumes from standby mode.  NOTE:- After this updated BIOS is installed, older versions cannot be reinstalled.- After this BIOS is installed, the Intel Rapid Start Technology feature will not be supported.  REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Intel-Rapid-Start-Technology-FFS-removed-from-BIOS/td-p/5717286
Relevancy 58.91%

I just got a GB Z X-UD -B mobo intel storage error rapid boot technology and also a OCZ Agility GB SSD to go with it knowing about intel rapid storage technology Smart Response Technology I basically followed the instructions for installation for installing windows for use with IRRT in the intel rapid storage technology boot error GB video on it changing the quot PCH SATA controller mode quot to RAID XHD before installing windows did all that got windows up and going with all my stuff steam Paint shop GB drivers and full update etc and then turned on IRRT and all worked perfectly fine until I restarted my PC and got THIS during boot up basically it seem that both the HDD and the SSD applicable are disabled and I'm not sure why I need to go into the RAID setup and disable the acceleration before I can boot up windows I can't seem to find a similar issue anywhere hence my post I also tried installing EZ smart response to see if I could get it to work but something is up with that all it does is go to a splash screen with an up and down arrow in the center that do nothing I'm not good with RAID setups it's ma st time any suggestions on what I can do Thanx Win Pro x Intel i - K Gigabyte Z X-UD -B BIOS F Gigabyte ATI HD OC GB GDDR G Skill Ripjaws x GB DDR MHz

A:intel rapid storage technology boot error

having the same problem with me

fatal1ty z68 gen3
ocz agility 3 raided 0 with western digita 1tb green cav using irst

did u fix this man ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/172641-intel-rapid-storage-technology-boot-error.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Dear,

We have purchased a lot of Toshiba Tecra Z50-A laptops with a Hybrid HDD (with SSD cache).

The exact model:
TECRA Z50-A
PT544E-00D01TBT

We stage and re-partition the laptops via SCCM.
However, when installing all drivers and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, I see that only rge HDD is used and no SSD partition with Intel RST.

How can we enable this?
The problem is that the performance is incredibly bad.
The laptops are very slow even though the specs are good:
i5-4200U CPU
8GB RAM
Windows 7 x64

Any idea how to enable this Intel RST?
In the BIOS I can't find any options for RAID as this needs to be enabled for RST to work.

Thank you

A:Tecra Z50-A - Intel Rapid Storage Technology not working

So nobody has any idea?

Also no idea how I can enable RAID in BIOS?
I cannot find that option anywhere.

This is getting very annoying.
We have purchased 100+ laptops and they are very, very slow.

I guess we'll switch back because those work flawlessly.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79958-Tecra-Z50-A-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-not-working
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys! I am new in this forum so I hope I am in a right section to ask this question, if no pleas redirect me
So I have Intel Rapid Storage Technology installed on my Sony VAIO, as I understand it's keeping eye on my heard drive and kind of preventing from damages, (this is what I suppose). Some time ago I installed newer version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology and as always it's booting with the rest of the programs I want them to be booted, but this new version is really slowing down the boot, so I am thinking to remove it from start-up and my question is: is this program really doing what I think it's doing and also, will it be safe to remove it from start-up???
Thank you very much

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology boot slowing

The drivers are essential for your disk to function. However, you are probably not talking about the drivers but about the additional software with a graphical user interface that is used to set up RAID Settings etc. That you do not need to run all the time. If I'm not mistaken, once your HDD works well, you do not have to have the gui in your startup programs. You should even be able to deinstall the gui if you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175483-intel-rapid-storage-technology-boot-slowing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok, this is driving me a little crazy. I've posted on the Intel forums, thought I'd make a thread here as well.

This concerns an Acer Aspire V Nitro laptop, which comes with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 card.

My issue is with the stupid adaptive brightness feature, which supposedly automatically adjusts the brightness of my display according to the "ambient" light levels.

I. Hate. It.

I turned off the setting from the Windows control panel, for both Power Saver and High Performance plans, and for both Battery and Plugged In situations.
Issue persists.

The Display Power Saving Technology setting in the Intel Control Panel fixes it, but it keeps getting turned back on everytime I plug or unplug my laptop.

Any solutions?
I'm running fully updated Windows 8.1 x64.

Many Thanks.

A:Intel HD Graphics - Display Power Saving Technology

try using windows control panel > power options > change plan settings > change advanced power options > adaptive display

not sure which control panel is overriding the other (windows or Intel)

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/60686-intel-hd-graphics-display-power-saving-technology.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I received this message today on my screen. I went to Intel but could not understand what they were telling me to do something about BIOS nnd Sata and now I'm lost.
My computer has just slowed down to a crawl these last 4 or 5 days, could this be the problem. I'm a novice and quite lost. My browsers and mail programs are working at a crawl.

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology has stopped working

Help! I've had this posted for awhile, no answers. I would like to know if I've got a big problem or I should ignore it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424678/intel-rapid-storage-technology-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there I have windows Enterprise x RTM an asus sabertooth z mobo I have installed windows in AHCI sata mode and it works flawlessly but I have a solid state drive for caching So I backed up my data changed to RAID mode in BIOS and proceeded to reinstall Windows installer sees my harddrives in raid mode and continues to Rapid issue Technology boot Intel Storage install fine And that's where fine ends I get blue screens before the personalization screens start quot winload exe is missing or corrupt quot Randomly this morning it just worked I got to my desktop and started installing drivers - worked fine Installed RST beta - rebooted and bluescreened quot a required device is missing or failed quot Now this is where things are unexplainable for me If I boot to my installation media and quit it at the first chance the system reboots and boots into windows flawlessly When I shutdown or restart windows - at the next boot it bluescreens but if I boot from my installation media and quit then it restarts and boots fine

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology boot issue

Hello Jim, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The intel Raid-Sata-Ata-Ahci RST 11.5.2.1001 WHQL version worked best for me. You might give them a try as well to see how they do for you at the Station Driver link below.

intel drivers pour Raid/Sata/Ata/Ahci

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/8516-intel-rapid-storage-technology-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My desktop machine is built on Gigabyte GA-Z -UD H and Gigabyte provides the latest driver for Intel Rapid Storage Technology IRST which I installed after installing the OS Same goes for my Lenovo Thinkpad-T And for both machine checking the controller device under Technology driver Rapid Intel installation (pre-OS) Storage the IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers section in Device Manager I see the driver has been updated Intel Rapid Storage Technology (pre-OS) driver installation to the latest version - I set the SATA controller to AHCI from BIOS - On the desktop machine I have one WD TB BLACK amp Intel Rapid Storage Technology (pre-OS) driver installation one WD TB Green - I don t use RAID amp no chance of using in near future but according to Intel IRST improves performance in single disk scenario too Now I have the following questions What is the actual purpose of IRST pre-OS install driver Intel Rapid Storage Technology (pre-OS) driver installation that doesn t get served with a post-OS driver that I installed There must be some difference otherwise there wouldn t be a pre-OS version of the driver Right In the pre-OS procedure loading the drivers at OS-installation time after successfully completing the OS installation do I need that post-OS driver Because after installing from that one I got a quick launch icon that runs the IRST configuration application Where do get that after installing the pre-OS driver As it is pre-OS when I load it at OS-installation time does it updates anything at BIOS level or anywhere other than HDD That s because I m going to dual boot Windows with Windows and after installing Windows when I install Windows amp load the IRST driver for that is there any chance of any overwriting or OS-incompatibility In short is there anything specific to follow while installing the second OS

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology (pre-OS) driver installation

The pre operating system drivers exist to allow installation of operating systems that do not already contain the appropriate drivers. Windows 7 contains the necessary drivers, therefore no additional pre OS drivers are required.

Adding the IRST after OS installation would essentially update those drivers to the latest (not always necessary).

If you manage to install the latest during the OS installation, then you would not need to update them later.

However, you would need to install the IRST software to get the configuration application.

Nothing is updated at the BIOS level when using pre OS drivers.

I would install both Windows 7 and 8 without messing with any pre OS drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/333300-intel-rapid-storage-technology-pre-os-driver-installation.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I don't know if this is a general thing or some specific thing that should be elsewhere so Asus X Deluxe k TB SSD TB data HDD TB backup HDD The system I just put together does NOT have any RAID disks I've had in system Intel Storage NON-RAID Technology Rapid RAID setups in the past and found that the frequency of disk failure was DRASTICALLY lower than the frequency of stupid human tricks my failure So I have internal and external backups that run regularly I looked at the information at Intel on the Rapid Storage Technology It CLAIMS a Intel Rapid Storage Technology in NON-RAID system variety of performance and reliability gains even WITHOUT RAID So I turned it on I ignored the Ctrl I invite to create RAID volumes and let the system boot normally Won't boot After a LONG time sitting and spinning a VERY quick screen flashes that it encountered errors and throws me back to the BIOS If I turn RST back Intel Rapid Storage Technology in NON-RAID system off boots normally Two questions IS there in fact any advantage to what RST provides for non-RAID systems Intel claims improvements for both HDD and SDD drives I've seen topics that claimed performance improvements because the drivers are better than the default ones I've seen entries that claimed absolutely NO improvement If there IS an advantage can someone tell me how to get RST to work properly in a non-RAID system

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology in NON-RAID system

Don't use it myself. Had it installed for awhile and seemed to cause problems. Uninstalled and don't notice any performance hit.

Personally believe the fewer of these add-ons you can run with the better.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58953-intel-rapid-storage-technology-non-raid-system.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am Storage Intel system Rapid overtaxes Technology: hoping someone has solved this themselves or knows how to research the problem further than I My next recourse is to re-install the system without IRST The system works well in general but every once in a while the RAID driver Intel Rapid Storage Technology: overtaxes system from IRST IaStor sys becomes very resource hungry taking at a minimum of the CPU with peaks that go much higher While this load would normally be tolerable if it happens during streaming a video or playing a game it causes momentary freeze-ups where the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and video drops several seconds worth of frames IaStor runs normally in the background with fractional CPU load so I am thinking the overload comes during some error checking I have checked the process through Process Explorer and there are level and level priority threads occurring I should also note that this problem has become worse with time Any suggestions for a next move that do not require a re-install

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology: overtaxes system

Intel management software is best left uninstalled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/144579-intel-rapid-storage-technology-overtaxes-system.html
Relevancy 58.91%

How do I actually update the driver for this? I have win 8.1 and task manager says IAStorSataSvc (32 bit) (intel rapid storage technology) is using 277.8 MB of memory (it was over 1,000 last night) and .4% of the CPU.  My version is 11.50.1207 and forums indicate this version eats a lot of memory and the driver should be updated.  How do I do that?  There are two versions that can be downloaded,  f6flpy-x86.zip - for 32-bit versions of the operating system and f6flpy-x64.zip - for 64-bit versions of the operating system.  Win 8.1 is 64 bit and the IRST says it is 32 bit, so which one do I use?  Once I have the right one dowloaded, it is a zip folder with 6 files.  How do i update the driver, double click on one of the .sys files, the largest one (there are two, one smaller than the other)?

A:How to update intel rapid storage technology driver

The floppy version is used during a new install of Windows. Do you have a SSD and a regular HDD? You can download the full Install here.

SetupRST.exe 13.2.4.1000 (Latest) 
Date: 08/01/2014
Size: 11.13 MB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562070/how-to-update-intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all I am making the assumption that IRST is causing my C Drive to become corrupted this may prove to be false but I believe it is a good point to start from So the facts System i - K Sapphire Corsair GB DDR Asus P Z V-PRO Xonar DX WD RE TB HDDs in RAID off the RAID controller on the MB OCZ Vertex GB SSDs Technology C: Corruptiion Drive Storage Intel Rapid is a spare is used to accelerate the HDDs using IRST set up in windows The effect Intel Rapid Storage Technology C: Drive Corruptiion Essentially windows will not boot I am Intel Rapid Storage Technology C: Drive Corruptiion able to get into a repair mode where I can restore an image attempt a repair access command prompt etc I believe windows is still on the hard drives and perhaps intact but the boot manger is acting like my RAID is corrupted The cause s The first time this happened the computer lost power Crappy UPS I had the IRST configured for quot Maximum Performance quot which delays writes to the HDD and instead caches them to the SSD until it gets a bunch of writes It warned me that using that option may lead to system corruption and it did This was a couple months ago maybe or which I quot fixed quot by reinstalling windows This second time which I haven't fixed yet occurred while I was playing Battlefield The game locked up and I was forced to hard reset I can't remember the last time the system locked up that hard so I don't think its a stability thing unless a RAM stick suddenly went bad and I don't overclock When I powered the machine back up windows would not boot I loaded into the repair tool and attempted a system repair This succeeded in getting me to a Check Disk screen where the system proceeded to Delete Overwrite Repair Recover or otherwise modify nearly k files according to the read-out The Goal I've learned to keep backups and backups of backups so I'm not concerned about loss of data from this I generally work off of an external hard drive so the only thing I ever lose when stuff like this happens is saved games so Oh Well What I would like to find out here is if anyone has had a similar experience and how they solved it Were you able to recover that windows install How Did you update drivers Did you give up IRST altogether I can try to upload logs but I cannot get into windows so a lot of things won't be available and I'm not sure how I would transfer the information to another computer to post here If there is some specific log you'd be interested in let me know and I'll try to get it Thanks in advance for your help Jason

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology C: Drive Corruptiion

Have you gotten the latest driver: RAID: Intel? Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel Desktop Boards

And some further reading about RAID: Why RAID is (usually) a terrible idea

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222983-intel-rapid-storage-technology-c-drive-corruptiion.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have ASUS laptop that comes with 24gb SSD. From what I read, to be able to enable caching in the SSD after formatting all drives, IRST and expresscache should be installed. The default factory setting, which I formatted to, is bundled with IRST driver installer and express cache installer. I tried to install IRST, and then it asked me to restart. Then, nothing happens. I tried to search the IRST app, but there is none. The expresscache installer seems to be working since I can find it in the programs and features window. The question is, how am I supposed to install the bundled IRST installer in order to utilize my SSD for caching drive?Any help will be much appreciated since I can't find any answer regarding my problem.

A:IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) and ExpressCache

Hi

The following links may help you ;

Install Windows on System with MSATA and ISRT - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64393-irst-intel-rapid-storage-technology-expresscache.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All,

I have a Satellite Pro P100 P/N PSPA4E-00X00HEN on which I have just installed Windows 7 RC.

I desperately need to run Virtual PC 2007 (other versions won't work) on it but it wants Assisted-Hardware Virtualization enables in the BIOS (Phoenix Technologies V4.70).

I have just updated to the latest BIOS version but it doesn't have the facility to enable AHV in it.
I have checked the processor specifications and it does have the Intel Virtualization Technology facility.

From what I have read up on the internet, although the Processor is capable the manufacturers on the computers/notebooks, in this case Toshiba, program the BIOS to their liking which will either enable or disable certain features.

What I would like to find out is, is there going to be another upgrade to enable Virtualization or is there another way to do it.

Many thanks in advance.

A:Satellite Pro P100 - How to enable Intel Virtualization Technology

Hi

From my knowledge the usage of Virtual PC 2007 does not require a virtual technology supported by hardware (CPU).
I used Virtual PC and Virtual Machine on PC without the VT capability.

But you are right. The Intel CORE2 DUO T7400(2.16GHZ) CPU supports the VT
http://ark.intel.com/cpu.aspx?groupId=27256

Unfortunately from my knowledge the P100 BIOS does not support the option to enable/disable the VT.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?43455-Satellite-Pro-P100-How-to-enable-Intel-Virtualization-Technology
Relevancy 58.91%

I need help! I have a Pavilion dm4 laptop with Windows 7 Home with an Intel My Wi-Fi Technology. I have a wireless printer that worked as a wireless printer until about 3 weeks ago. The Intel My Wi-Fi Technology is disabled. I go the Control Panel>Network & Internet>Intel My Wi-Fi Technology and click to open it. The window that pops up indicates that the wi-fi is disabled. It has a green button that reads "enable". When I click on that button, it will not become enabled.

I have turned off the rotor, turned off my computer and printer and rebooted everything. Nothing helps.

What can I do?

Patrice

Relevancy 58.91%

I generally avoid HD bloatware during reinstalls or while cleaning up bloatware unless they have a specific function (SMART monitoring) that the user wants running.

However it's recently been brought up that Intel Rapid Storage Technology software should be running when it's controller is selected.

I'm asking opinions if there are specfic reasons this software needs to be installed and running in addition to the iastor.sys driver.

Thanks for your input.

A:Is Intel Rapid Storage Technology Software needed?

Good question, Greg.

What is Intel Rapid Storage Technology? Do I need it?

From Intel:

Quote:
Whether using one or multiple hard drives, users can take advantage of enhanced performance and lower power consumption. When using more than one drive, the user can have added protection against data loss in the event of a hard drive failure.

Source

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/257999-intel-rapid-storage-technology-software-needed.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I'm trying to install 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 and I need to disable intel smart resonse technology to do so. How can I do that in Windows 8?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/27068-disable-intel-smart-response-technology-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

There are two releases of the same driver version (15.0.2.1044) available: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1ei113w.txt (2016/09/13)https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/nz1it01w.txt (2016/09/23)The former I have installed. The latter carries a warning:Caution: This package should not be installed if your system has PCIe SSD.
Please use MS inbox driver instead.I have a PCIe NVME SSD as the boot drive installed, along with a standard HD in the other bay. My concern is that I running the same 15.0.2.1044, but lenovo decided to place the warning in the readme only when it re-issued the driver.Should I overwrite this driver with the MS inbox driver? Or should I continue to use it? SSD performance isn't the greatest when I compare my ATTO, AS SSD and Crystalmark results to the benchmarks for the SM951 256GB.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-15-0-2-1044/td-p/3441406
Relevancy 58.91%

My desktop machine is built on Gigabyte GA-Z -UD H and Gigabyte provides the latest driver for Intel Rapid Storage Technology IRST which I installed after Storage Intel Technology Rapid installatio driver (pre-OS) installing the OS Same Intel Rapid Storage Technology (pre-OS) driver installatio goes for my Lenovo Thinkpad-T And for both machine checking the controller device under the IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers section in Device Intel Rapid Storage Technology (pre-OS) driver installatio Manager I see the driver has been updated to the latest version I set the SATA controller to AHCI from BIOSOn the desktop machine I have one WD TB BLACK amp one WD TB GreenI don Intel Rapid Storage Technology (pre-OS) driver installatio t use RAID amp no chance of using in near future but according to Intel IRST improves performance in single disk scenario too Now I have the following questions What is the actual purpose of IRST pre-OS install driver that doesn t get served with a post-OS driver that I installed There must be some difference otherwise there wouldn t be a pre-OS version of the driver Right In the pre-OS procedure loading the drivers at OS-installation time after successfully completing the OS installation do I need that post-OS driver Because after installing from that one I got a quick launch icon that runs the IRST configuration application Where do get that after installing the pre-OS driver As it is pre-OS when I load it at OS-installation time does it updates anything at BIOS level or anywhere other than HDD That s because I m going to dual boot Windows with Windows and after installing Windows when I install Windows amp load the IRST driver for that is there any chance of any overwriting or OS-incompatibility In short is there anything specific to follow while installing the second OS

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology (pre-OS) driver installatio

Hi Nero666 and welcome to the forum! I don't like IRST myself especially if not using RAID. The times I've tried it, got nothing but problems. Just because it is put out by Intel doesn't mean it is good. Recommend not installing it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47303-intel-rapid-storage-technology-pre-os-driver-installatio.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently built a brand new computer with these specs Motherboard ASUS P Z -V Pro Processor Intel i - K PSU Corsair AX OS Windows Ultimate SSD Crucial M GB HDD WD Caviar Black TB GPU EVGA GTX FTW RAM G Skill GB DDR x Sounds Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Click to expand Everything has been running fine until tonight when Windows froze requiring a hard reboot and then when I received two BSOD in close succession each happened roughly to minutes after windows started But I m getting ahead of myself I think that the problem has something to do with the Intel Rapid Store Technology driver which I installed here iata enu exe Even though I m not running a RAID OS and programs are on the SSD everything else on the HDD I have read that IRST still gives benefits to single ACHI drives Perhaps I misread this Anyways I installed that driver I linked to What happened next should ve been indication that something might be wrong As a part installing BSOD after Intel Store Rapid Technology of the driver installation the installer told me that my computer needed to reboot BSOD after installing Intel Rapid Store Technology I clicked quot Ok quot and the computer shut down and started its reboot sequence The only problem was that after POST Windows didn t start loading I was greeted with this message Reboot and select proper boot deviceClick to expand I said quot huh quot and did a ctrl alt delete and then went into my bios to see if a setting had changed Everything looked good except that my Crucial M SSD was no longer listed as a boot option It was like it didn t BSOD after installing Intel Rapid Store Technology exist So I shut the computer down completely and waited a couple seconds Then I turned it back on Windows started It was like nothing had happened and everything was back to normal Ok whatever Though I have no idea why that driver installation would ve caused my SSD to go temporarily offline and not even be recognized by my bios I mean how is that even possible Anyways after that point in time is when I started experiencing the freeze and the the two BSODs It s important to note that I had also installed Team Speak recently but I don t believe it to be the issue Other than that there was no new software installed So I figured that this IRST driver thing BSOD after installing Intel Rapid Store Technology must be causing problems and I uninstalled it quot Problem solved quot at least so I hoped Well as part of the driver s uninstall sound familiar it said that I needed to reboot Ok sure So I reboot and guess what Reboot and select proper boot deviceClick to expand Except this time simply going into the bios and then shutting down the computer didn t fix it So I surfed around on my iPad for awhile trying to find a solution Then I restart my computer once more and guess what Windows started What is going on here Somehow it seems that SOMETHING that the IRST software was doing was interfering with the boot process Anyways here I am now approximately thirty minutes later typing this thread with no BSOD since the uninstall of the Intel Rapid Store Technology driver software So I guess what I m wanting to know is this Was the IRST driver software what caused the issue in the first place I ve heard that quot LMP quot is incompatible with some SSDs -- did that possibly cause the problem I have no clue what LMP is Could something else be at play here My computer worked just fine staying on for several hours at a time playing games etc Everything was jolly good until IRST came along Why did my SSD disappear from my boot menu in the bios I would think that no matter what happened in the Windows environment that it would still remain visible and whatnot from the bios How could this software interfere with my ability to boot Windows To fix the problem well it s fixed so far I simply went to add remove programs and uninstalled IRST Do I need to do anything further Am I missing out on speed benefits by not having IRST installed Is there so... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-after-installing-intel-rapid-store-technology.1070909/
Relevancy 58.91%

One day I decided to check out this utility called Slimdriver that scans your PC to make sure it has up to date drivers. It offered to download and install 'Intel Rapid Storage Technology' driver which I have never been offered by Windows update. Here is what is says about this driver,

"Intel® Rapid Storage Technology offers greater levels of performance, responsiveness, and expandability than ever before. Whether you are using one or multiple serial ATA (SATA) or PCIe drives, you can take advantage of enhanced performance and lower power consumption from the latest storage technologies. Additionally, you can rest easy knowing you have added protection against data loss in the event of a hard drive failure."

I've never used this driver in the past and it has a long startup delay so am wondering if it is good to have or not really necessary.

A:Do you install 'Intel Rapid Storage Technology' driver?

I never install that. It creates another System Tray icon and doesn't appear to do anything useful. Would love to see if it actually helped with non-RAID systems.

https://hardforum.com/threads/do-you-install-intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver.1908628/