Windows Support Forum

Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

Q: Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

My motherboard fried possibly because of the fan stopping and I had to get a new one-that motherboard owner's after data change-WindowsXP Pro Unable to access s where the problems began First there was a problem with the administrator password which nobody using the computer put in but my friend got around that and then blue screen and not possible to access the computer which was owner s password protected The message is quot access denied quot My friend made an image of the drive and then tried to reinstall windows do the recovery console but it s not possible The way it is now is that there is user account with the same name that it was owner s name but there is nothing there which was password protected The hard drive had GB of which I ve used about GB and I had Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro about and some GB left but now it shows that Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro there is about GB used and about GB free but only about GB is accessible How can I access my harddrive when it denies the user s password which worked fine before the crash and motherboard change I believe that my friend said that there is too many hardware changes and windows doesn t recognize it Any ideas will be appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

Boot with your xp cd [cd set as first boot device in the bios] Choose install from the first menu. The next menu will show any previous xp installs and give you the option to repair the install. Choose your original xp install and let it repair for you.

After a repair install you will need to reinstall all updates, service pack 2, etc.

BTW you cannot just change a mb and expect the system to boot. Sometimes it will and sometimes it will not. If proprietary chipset / mb drivers were installed, it will not boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-owners-data-after-motherboard-change-windowsxp-pro.266125/
Relevancy 122.76%

My motherboard fried possibly because of the fan stopping and I had to get a new one-that s where the problems began First there was a problem with the administrator password which nobody using the computer after to change-WindowsXP data Unable Pro access owner's motherboard put in but my friend got around that and then blue screen and not possible to access the computer which was Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro owner s password protected The message is quot access denied quot My friend made an image of Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro the drive and then tried to reinstall windows do the recovery console but it s not possible The way it is now is that there is user account with the Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro same name that it was owner s name but there is nothing there which was password protected The hard drive had GB of which I ve used about GB and I had about and some GB left but now it shows that there is about GB used and about GB free but only about GB is accessible How can I access my harddrive when it denies the user s password which worked fine before the crash and motherboard change I believe that my friend said that there is too many hardware changes and windows doesn t recognize it Any ideas will be appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

Boot with your xp cd [cd set as first boot device in the bios] Choose install from the first menu. The next menu will show any previous xp installs and give you the option to repair the install. Choose your original xp install and let it repair for you.

After a repair install you will need to reinstall all updates, service pack 2, etc.

BTW you cannot just change a mb and expect the system to boot. Sometimes it will and sometimes it will not. If proprietary chipset / mb drivers were installed, it will not boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-owners-data-after-motherboard-change-windowsxp-pro.266125/
Relevancy 77.83%

I purchased a new desktop operating on Windows Vista Now since I do all my computing from home I On Any Computer? Change From Owner's Password Access Computer Can Owner have had little need of my very basic laptop The laptop is a panasonic toughbook pc that is still operating on windows I purchased it Feb I lent it to Can Owner Change Access Password On Owner's Computer From Any Computer? someone that has been a friend for about and a half years I lent it to friend because friend stressed the need of a computer NOW but offered to purchase it in increments LATER when financial situations could afford it Friend kept contact more frequently than usual to learn all of my laptop s operations After awhile friend s cell phone number changed and a variety of people are consistently saying that friend is never there at friend s known residence Finally some young child at friend s residence maybe a cousin or nephew told me that friend has moved Now I have no contact with friend Friend seems to have run off with my laptop for FREE and won t respond to e-mails I ve never had this much trouble contacting friend WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS Is there any way that I can CHANGE MY ACCESS PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP FROM MY DESKTOP to better the chances of getting in contact with friend I have all the information on the laptop from the company that I purchased it from can obtain any information that I don t have from the company that has my information on laptop purchase and I created the original access password myself so I know what it is but I also gave it to friend Is there ANY WAY possible that an access password can be changed in this way I will even go as far as to purchase software for this purpose if it can t be done any other way Is there any software that can assist me I would rather try this way first before I consider pressing charges PLEASE HELP

A:Can Owner Change Access Password On Owner's Computer From Any Computer?

What you seek is prohibited on BleepingComputer. We do not assist is cracking, hackig, or otherwise circumventing security measures on any computer.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.Source= RulesDo to the nature of the topic this Topic is Closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108730/can-owner-change-access-password-on-owners-computer-from-any-computer/
Relevancy 72.24%

I purchased my HP from a big computer store with Vista home installed on it It was an out of the box sale I thought I could avoid a wait for the to new by Change owner/administrator held owner references all previous comptuer I wanted The company Change all references held by previous owner/administrator to new owner that sold it to me was listed as the administrator The old owner took off their password before I took possession of the computer I purchased I followed instructions on how to put on a password to start the computer However there are dozens of fiels named after the previous administrator I tried to find out how to change the administrator globally to my name There is still an administrator account name and it appears the previous administrator is still above my permission status - even though i am the computer owner don't think I am the ultimate administrator yet I read that not being able to use screen print was a result of not being the administrator I can't make the screen print work either I assume some members have dealt with these matters before I would greatly appreciate anyone directing me to some good quot how to fix quot information Thank you and boy do I miss XP

A:Change all references held by previous owner/administrator to new owner

Hi gerevent and welcome to the forums

See if you can solve your problems with the aid of the following Tutorial (and the links within).
Dwarf

Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/170721-change-all-references-held-previous-owner-administrator-new-owner.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I save a lot of files as PDFs Recently I saved a financial document to PDF and it seems to be secured somehow It's display to unable Denied Access owner. - current a pdf Adobe complains opening it complaining quot There was an error opening this document Access denied quot Instead of opening it with a right-click I tried starting Access Denied - unable to display current owner. Adobe and selecting the file The message was similar but different - quot You don't have permission to open this file Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission quot I noticed from the file properties that instead of a user owning the file there is a zero value for the owner ID I try to change the owner using the following steps Right click the file and select Properties Select Security tabGet prompted quot To continue you must be an administrative user with permission to view this object's security properties Do you want to continue quot I select Continue - to elevate to admin privilegesI get the Owner tab message quot You do not have permission to view this object's security properties To view its security properties you can try taking ownership of the object To try taking ownership of the object select an account from the last and then click OK quot Also note that under Current owner it reports Unable to display current owner I select my account and press OK or Apply - either one This results in a pop-up dialog from Windows Security that says quot Unable to set new owner on scan pdf Access is denied quot OK is the only option and I am left with the problem I have tried a few things from my utility belt but have not been able to set the owner Suggestions

A:Access Denied - unable to display current owner.

Did you try opening Adobe Reader as administrator and then opening the file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/335358-access-denied-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Haha, I don't know what else to call it, but how do you change the owner where it says C:/User/Owner

Thanks

A:How do I change the owner in C:/user/owner

Hello Nick, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The only way to change the C:\Users\Owner folder name is to create a new administrator account, then delete the old C:\Users\Owner account from within the new account. Be sure to copy the contents that you want to save from the old accounts user folders into the corresponding new account's user folders to restore them to the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

P.S.
Is this you to?
User profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218268-how-do-i-change-owner-c-user-owner.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I've a question about assigning ownership.
I'm logged in as user "Steph".
As Steph, I made a new folder "Documents_Steph".
Because she made the folder, she's owner of this folder.

Then I tried as Steph to assign ownership to a different user "User01".
But then I got the message "Unable to set new owner on.. Access denied"?
Though I thought that when you're owner of a file or folder, you can assign ownership to everyone?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

Kind regards,

A:Error assigning ownership "Unable to set new owner on.. Access denied"

Quote: Originally Posted by cvdh

Hi,

Though I thought that when you're owner of a file or folder, you can assign ownership to everyone?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!
Kind regards,

Taking ownership of a file is a multi step process unless you use the "take ownership" shortcut which does all the work for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-take-ownership-shortcut.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227797-error-assigning-ownership-unable-set-new-owner-access-denied.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Error assigning ownership "Unable to set new owner on.. Access denied" Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

Kind regards,

A:Error assigning ownership "Unable to set new owner on.. Access denied"

Well, you have to run as administrator in order to do that. Make sure the account you're using is an administrator account. Even if it is, run the explorer "as administrator". It will as you for permission, but not for the password - since you're already an administrator. After that it should work. Let us know if it does not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227808-error-assigning-ownership-unable-set-new-owner-access-denied.html
Relevancy 64.07%

HELP! In an attempt to install the problematic update MS KB979906 for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1, I accidentally Removed Windows XP component which connects to AVAST Server, Windows Automatic Update Server etc. All my windows-icons and AVAST-icon (orange spinning ball are missing from toolbar) I tried to recover by doing a ThinkVantage Rescue & Recovery Back-up Service then I received an error message but was unable to Send a Report to Microsoft due to "server path not found".Since I'm unsure what was the component I removed from the "Control Panel - Add/Remove Program/Software" I tried googling various download to no avail. I had downloaded NET Framewok Version 1.1 Redistributable Package from off of Microsoft.com but I still could not install KB979906, so I went to the control panel and tried to remove it, but I ended up removing the WRONG component.Please HELP!

A:Help! Accidentally removed WindowsXP Component Unable to Access Windows Update or See Windows Icons in toolbar

Try reinstalling Avast?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359138/help-accidentally-removed-windowsxp-component-unable-to-access-windows-update-or-see-windows-icons-in-toolbar/
Relevancy 61.06%

My mobo failed a couple of days ago. I would like to get some data from the NFTS system disk but every attempt fails. On a differ XP system I can see the disk, but cannot access the data in My Documents - since I cannot log on to the account in which they were created. I suppose there is no way of accessing thoose files?

Alternatively, if I buy a new (more modern, the old was 5 years old) Mobo will I be able to fire up the system drive into Window (XP)?

Any ideas anyone?

A:Unable to access data

If it's just an account permissions issue, here's your answer. How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

If the files were encrypted, you're out of luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-data.582215/
Relevancy 60.2%

System recognizes that I have a USB 2.0 external. When I power it on the little red light will flicker and then nothing. Formally, both with Windows XP & Win98, the light would flicker for a while and then you would get a pop-up window asking what you wanted to do with this info. This does not happen now with my new internal HD with newly installed versions (dual-boot) of XP & 7. I can tell the system to safely remove this external HD & it does. I get the beep when it recognizes it when turned on and when it gets removed. Have not found the answer yet as to how to show the data as previously done. It does not show up in MY COMPUTER either but does appear in Devices & Printers in Win 7. No apparent problems there nor in Device Manager. What gives?????? Anybody??? THANX!!! This is an ACOM Data 80GB USB 2.0 connected via a USB cable.

A:Unable to access data on external HD

Bad enclosure. Very common with Externals. Means power regulation is failing/has failed. Just replace the enclosure. You can get nice slim ones from newegg for a decent price. Simple to assemble.

first test on another os or machine. If same results, replace enclosure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/55509-unable-access-data-external-hd.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having a real problem with accessing data on anything other than the c: drive.
The system registers that a usb key or cd\dvd has been inserted and even displays information on the drive.
Problem is that when you try to open either with the autoplay - open to view files or the drive icon in my computer the message comes up

Location is not accessible. Access denied.

I have tried various keys and disks and all act the same

A:unable to access data on usb keys or cds\dvds

Quote: Originally Posted by itad

I am having a real problem with accessing data on anything other than the c: drive.
The system registers that a usb key or cd\dvd has been inserted and even displays information on the drive.
Problem is that when you try to open either with the autoplay - open to view files or the drive icon in my computer the message comes up

Location is not accessible. Access denied.

I have tried various keys and disks and all act the same

right click the drive and get props. see who owner is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30960-unable-access-data-usb-keys-cds-dvds.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I just tried to install the latest iTunes update, but keep getting an error when it tries to access the C:\Program Files\iPod folder.

When I try to access the iPod folder directly through Windows Explorer, I get "Access is denied".

The same happens when logged in with the system administrator account.

When I right-click the folder and choose Properties > Security, the Current owner field shows "Unable to display current owner." And it won't allow either of the listed administrator accounts to take ownership.

When I choose Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner, the Current owner field also shows "Unable to display current owner." And it won't allow me to Edit it either.

I've tried opening the Command Prompt as the administrator, and deleting the folder, but it won't allow me to do that either.

Any ideas on how to forcefully take ownership and/or delete this folder?

A:"Access is denied" - "Unable to display current owner"

Check in the file security tab that there isn't a deny entry for the user group "everybody"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201089-access-denied-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My computer is so messed up Version I first noticed that I had a problem with Kaspersky It said my license was unable to verify and to update data base to solve It wont let me update In fact it wont even let me uninstall and secondly I cant download ANYTHING off the internet My main problem is OFFICE keeps freezing and I need that program it also says there is a problem with my license and I have not been able to fix it it just freezes So I thought I will download open office but as I mentioned I cant download anything when I click run nothing happens when I click save it says corrupt or unreadable file I thought no problem I will just hit F yes I have tried hitting every single key after this and nothing and enter bios screen and recover from my USB but do you think F or any other key takes takes me there no Products like Kaspersky Office I have paid for etc say they are unlicensed which they are not Anything I try to download anything like a new virus program will not work I can't download I cant even get into Change my PC settings it just freezes when I click this I have had people try and trouble shoot this Kaspersky has not gotten back Pc BIOS Unable access or Change to Settings to me and everyone is telling me stuff I cant do I cant download I cant access bios I cant even access Change my PC settings Ready to hear all the generic quot it should quot or quot you should be able to quot I have found a few people on other forums Unable to access BIOS or Change Pc Settings with the problem and I have yet to see a fix

A:Unable to access BIOS or Change Pc Settings

Hello neverislence, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if this may be able to help with the PC settings issue.

PC settings - Fix and Restore in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44071-unable-access-bios-change-pc-settings.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i cant change the owner of c: drive because it says i dont have permissions i need ....
HELP!!

A:cant change owner

Have you tried this?? Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/61309-cant-change-owner.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi. I have a window 7 computer that shows my husband as the owner when I sign into the computer. I would like to be the owner as the computer belongs to me. My husband has no objection as he has his own computer.

Can this easily be done? If yes, can someone let me know how to do this.

Help, as usual, is appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Change Owner

Hello Carole,

You can use the method in the tutorial below to change the registered owner of the PC.

Registered Owner and Organization

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351716-change-owner.html
Relevancy 58.91%

got comp. from cousin with his name in it want to change it anybody know how to do this be much help thanx Dave

A:Change Owner Name

try this sitechange owner name

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136131/change-owner-name/
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently I had issues with Microsoft Updates please review if necessary to take care of my current issue WindowsUpdate A Error Updating and they were solved However after downloading the two updates that were in trouble my system refuses to acnowledge that SP2 data and install Microsoft to Unable Runtime connectivity.. Access one of the downloads was or is installed properly this is the SP for Microsoft Access Runtime and Data Connectivity which is MB in size This is the additional info displayed for this update Quote Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity Service Pack SP Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Microsoft Office System Driver Database Connectivity Components More information Download details Microsoft Office Unable to install SP2 Microsoft Access Runtime and data connectivity.. Access Runtime and Data Connectivity Service Pack SP Help and Support Microsoft Support I am now trying to download and install the update manually see if that works So I tried manual install and that did not work either please see pics enclosed Please help I tried rebooting in selective mode cleanning computer of unused software cleanning files registry etc and nothing has worked One of my services for search indexing Microsoft Outlook keeps disconnecting due to service closed I keep restarting the service but my computer resets the service and closes it could this problem be related to the inability of the Microsoft Access Runtime SP of getting installed Thank you so much Unable to install SP2 Microsoft Access Runtime and data connectivity.. in advance for your help

A:Unable to install SP2 Microsoft Access Runtime and data connectivity..

You have already your thread here WindowsUpdate_00000A97 Error Updating...
As I said in post 15 -reinstall Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/98953-unable-install-sp2-microsoft-access-runtime-data-connectivity.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all I performed an in-place upgrade to Windows HP from retail Vista HP I downloaded Windows from Microsoft This copy is activated All is well except I am unable to change my wallpaper I have tried changing the theme as well as trying the various ways of changing wallpaper For most places the option to change background wallpaper is simply grayed out Under Personalize gt Appearance I try to change the wallpaper but I am told that the feature has been disabled by an admin and I need to contact that person Seeing as I am the sole user of my computer and am an IT professional I'm at a bit of a loss I went in to Windows Anytime Upgrade and although nothing was out wallpaper admin change access required? to Unable - of the ordinary anytime after that I was able to set my desktop background from a web image Still I cannot use photos I have on my machine for the wallpaper The only thought is that something went wrong with the permissions during the upgrade and somehow I am not recognized as an admin Thoughts anyone I am afraid that the solution might end up being a wipe and reinstall but if I can avoid that so much the better Thanks

A:Unable to change wallpaper - admin access required?

Hello Jimmy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing the Step Two section in either METHOD ONE or METHOD TWO in the tutorial below can enable you to change the desktop background again.

Desktop Background Wallpaper - Prevent Change - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/32002-unable-change-wallpaper-admin-access-required.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I'm desperately trying to change the sidebar gadget to open websites by default with Mozilla Firefox in particular the quot Ask LEO quot gadget Firefox is my default browser If I double-click on a url file saved on my system it correctly opens Firefox and so does clicking a link in MS Outlook Again Firefox is default but that's not my problem Somewhere I found the advice to change the quot Set program access and computer defaults quot settings So I program change to Unable default settings access tried but every time I change something there it doesn't keep the setting I click on Custom gt Default Web Browser gt Mozilla Firefox click OK get Unable to change default program access settings some flashing on desktop but next time I get there it's set back to quot Use current browser quot again Anyone got the same Unable to change default program access settings problem I'm using the x build but a friend of mine tried the same on the final build x and he got the same problem It's reverting all the time Re-installed Firefox restarted changed tried reset everything I can imagine Please help Greetings Christian Edit It seems the problem is a Javascript-call quot window open quot in the quot Ask LEO quot gadget Someone knows why this call opens IE and every other call doesn't And is there a workaround Edit With a dirty hack I solved the problem Edited the gadget and replaced quot window open quot by quot System Shell execute quot Still - I'd like to know why a I can't Unable to change default program access settings change the default programs setting and b why window open ignores my default browser configuration

A:Unable to change default program access settings

Bagstone, you need to turn of UAC in the user accounts section...then you will be able to change the access settings...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/23446-unable-change-default-program-access-settings.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a folder that has save files from a game I play and I want to put them into Dropbox to be able to send them to a friend so he can see some of my saves The problem is that security Denied, unable Access settings. change to the folder Access Denied, unable to change security settings. wouldn't let me move it to my desktop because I apparently didn't have permission so I Googled I changed the security settings to add Everyone with full access to the list of users selected it and that allowed me to Access Denied, unable to change security settings. move it to desktop When putting it into Dropbox it tells me that I don't have permission to move some of the files in the folder but not all So I tell it to skip them but some of them are exactly what my friend wants to see When changing permissions on them or the folder to Everyone as I did earlier it just automatically changes the user back to administrator and removes everyone from the list Trying to delete the files that did get copied that I apparently had access to first are now doing the same thing and the folder is stuck constantly trying to reupload itself over and over I can neither move delete rename or change security settings for any of it while I could and did in order to move it in the first place It just keeps defaulting back to needing administrator I am the administrator on the admin account and the folder is set to all access but won't let me do anything with it and keeps removing security options when I try to change them What else can I do to actually be the admin of that folder and the files in it and be able to acutally move it or at least delete the partial upload Windows btw

A:Access Denied, unable to change security settings.

See if enabling the hidden Administrator (Super User) account will let you move the files. Make sure you also close the Dropbox client if you use that.

Press the Windows key + X and select CMD (as admin). Type the following. 

net user administrator /active:yes

Logout and you should see the Administrator Account. If not then reboot. If it cannot move files using the account then disable it using

net user administrator /active:no

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599858/access-denied-unable-to-change-security-settings/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there Somewhat recently the sound in my internet browser s stopped working and so naturally I began to investigate this cause Conclusively I have realised that there are a huge array of problems in my computer After a bit of research and googling I found that many installers and programs on my computer are failing to run as the registry key located at HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Drivers is unable to be accessed After reading a few topics and forums I realise that this is quite an important registry section to be able to access and that most likely this is not only causing a lack of permissions registry change Access unable to denied this! and to certain sound in my browsers but vast quantity of other annoying problems as well After discovering this information I tried a few things to try and fix this issue I tried right clicking properties of the key and changing permissions for certain user groups It initially appears to have worked but immediately afterwards they reset I have also tried this in safe mode I noticed there was a drivers desc folder Access denied to certain registry permissions and unable to change this! key next to the drivers folder key containing all the files that my drivers folder key should ve contained I tried exporting this file changing it slightly so it would go to drivers when imported Once again it initially appears to work but when I check the contents of the key there is nothing inside as shown below If I try to manipulate the folder in anyway or even export the contents of the key folder it errors I assume these errors are all a result of some sort of permissions failure or otherwise I m unsure as to whether this is relevant but I did catch a few topics on how this was a security bug at some stage I did quite a nasty outbreak of viruses some time ago although I do run windows update quite frequently I believe that I ve fixed most of the viruses I hope Could this be a residual effect Now I really have no idea where to go from here or how to fix this which brings me here I ve attached a HijackThis log if its of any use at all and if you need anything else please don t hesitate to ask but most of all Thanks for taking the time to read this and or help EDIT HJT log removed - not allowed in this forum

A:Access denied to certain registry permissions and unable to change this!

Repair install should fix whatever is wrong with permissions or system files...if anything.

On my systems...both of the folders you mention have entries.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235830/access-denied-to-certain-registry-permissions-and-unable-to-change-this/
Relevancy 58.05%

I purchased a solid state drive, had Windows 7 Professional installed on it, and had the drive installed in a laptop computer; love the performance of my refurbished laptop , except on the System drive in the Users account the name Owner appears. Where did this come from?

When I go to User Accounts in the Control Panel and click on Manage Accounts, Owner does not appear. Why?

KCav

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385157-how-change-user-name-owner.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have old dell 2.6 gig clk. 128 meg ram 80 gig HD and windows XP home edition. I was given this computer this last summer. I want to change the owner stuff in it so I can go to my old e-mail provider and use my old e-mail name and account. I am an beginner on this dig around in the innards stuff. Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

When the OS was installed on my new solid state drive the user name Owner How to name user change Owner? was used I would like to create two user accounts and make them How to change user name Owner? both Administrators I went to Control Panel and clicked on User Accounts Then I clicked on Change your account name and I typed a user name above where it said This name will appear on the Welcome screen and Start menu then I clicked Change Name Next I clicked Change account type and selected Administrator Next I clicked on Change How to change user name Owner? your picture browsed to find a picture and inserted one Then I clicked on Manage another account and selected Create a new account and I created a new account When I rebooted it said Welcome to Windows Professional and displayed the icons for both users and when I selected one I arrived on my Desktop Everything seemed to work perfectly until Iuntil I went to C Users and did not find the name of my new How to change user name Owner? user account instead Owner was there I ight clicked on Owner and looked for the Rename facility it was not there I scroll down and clicked on Properties on the General tab I was unable to change the name Owner on the tab for Sharing it said Owner shared then I clicked on the Security tab and It said Object Name C Owner There was a heading Group or User Names under it were items Oneitem combined the new user name with system name owner Since the name Owner was changed using the Change name facility in User Accounts why does this item appear here I can rename most folders by right clicking on the folder name and selecting Rename Why isn't Rename available with in C Users Owner How do I change the user name Owner KCav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594941/how-to-change-user-name-owner/
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently purchased a Dell desktop for my son. I was able to change him to system administrator in the log-on area, but the previous owner's name is still in the registration properties, as well as in the info such as "c:\Documents and Settings\Previous Owner\My Documents\My Music". How is this information changed? I have a legal copy of an XP Pro upgrade. Would that allow the change to be made (and would I lose any data currently on the machine)? I would prefer to just change something in the registry, or whatever it takes. Please help!!!

A:How do I change owner information in XP?

Heres the way its done, but be careful you have to change the registry.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310441

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-change-owner-information-in-xp.238280/
Relevancy 58.05%

I purchased a solid state drive, had Windows 7 Professional installed on it, and had the drive installed in a laptop computer; love the performance of my refurbished laptop , except on the System drive in the Users account the name Owner appears. Where did this come from?

When I go to User Accounts in the Control Panel and click on Manage Accounts, Owner does not appear. Why?

KCav

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385157-how-change-user-name-owner.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am helping a friend clean up her PC. It is a WinXPsp2 Home edition, Pentium 4, 1.50Ghz, with 512Mb memory of which 384 Mb is available (the rest is shared for video).

When she bought the PC her then husband registered it to his name.

She now wants to remove the name of her ex-husband from the PC. I think that I have seen a way that the name of the Registered owner (as it appears when you right click on My Computer and select properties) can be changed but can't remember how it was done.

I've had a search in the registry for her ex-husband's name and it occurs numerous time in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive; I stopped looking at that point.

I'm comfortable with making registry changes if that is required.

Your help will be much appreciated.

A:How do I change the Computer Owner name

Direct from the MS site.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
4. To change the company name, do the following:

In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOrganization. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.
5. To change the name of the registered owner, do the following:

In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.
6. Click Exit on the File menu to quit Registry Editor.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251518/how-do-i-change-the-computer-owner-name/
Relevancy 57.62%

My PC with WindowsXP home version recently crashed and nothing was recoverable except for what came with it originally installed. I took it to a local PC clinic and they determined that nothing that I added to it in the past 5 years was recoverable. I couldn't bear the thought of trying to reconstruct, mostly by memory at my very old age, all the data and information which I added: so I took it to another PC clinic and their answer was the same as the first, not recoverable. Recently I erroneously submitted this to another forum at Tech Guy and they suggested that perhaps the data and information was still on the hard drive.
I would greatly appreciate any help from this forum. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windowsxp-5-years-of-data-lost.978855/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I am using Windows XP on a IBM ThinkPad. Service Pack 2 is NOT installed. All other critical fixes from MS have been applied. When I try to change the DPI setting from 120 to normal i receive the following:

After changing from 120 to 96 I receive this: "Any font changes resulting from a new DPI setting will take effect after the fonts are installed and Windows is restarted"

I then hit OK, then the Apply button, and get the following message: "Windows Setup has not changed the requested settings. You may not have the required Administrative privilege to install or uninstall new files or drivers. Please contact your Administrator."

I am logging on locally to a workgroup not a domain. This machine never logs into a domain. My account is in the administrator group. All other accounts have been disabled including guest account.

Any Help is appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

Okay so the title of the thread is a bit misleading, because I was able to get in and change who my computer is registered to... However, When I go to save or open something on the desktop it still says C:\Documents and Settings\(the name that I used to have the computer registered to)\Desktop\ etc etc... in the navigation bar, How do I get the computer to change that?

Thanks in advance

By the way im operating in windows xp.

A:Change Computers Registered Owner

You could create a new user account for yourself in the Control Panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-computers-registered-owner.702532/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm using SQLServer 6.5 and need to change a table object owner to another owner. Not sure if or how it can be done. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

A:SQLServer 6.5 Change Object Owner

Moved to see if you get a better response in this forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sqlserver-6-5-change-object-owner.57307/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a dell desktop system running window xp have successfully changed the registered owner in the reg however my file extensions still show the old registered owners name how to I change this.
'Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas

A:change owner name in file extensions

There is a number of places in the Registry showing Registered Owner entries - for example, each constituent part of MS Office will have a separate entry. How can you see an owner in filename extensions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-owner-name-in-file-extensions.885216/
Relevancy 57.62%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x64 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3454 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 182927 MB, Free - 128178 MB; D: Total - 7852 MB, Free - 896 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Hematite-XL
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I am the Administrator of my PC. My husband is a general user. I try to go into Photo Gallery to open pictures to attach to emails and the message I get is: "Photo Gallery can't open the photo because you do not have permission to access file location."

I tried to change the owner of the file but it won't change. I can't access any of my photos which are in a Kodak file because I downloaded them from my camera.

Please help!
TIA

Relevancy 57.62%

I recently sold my Gateway laptop and the Windows 8 software was already installed with purchase. I want to remove my info and myself as the primary user in windows 8 so the new owner can set themselves up. I tried on my own to figure out and was only able to set up a separate "User" for the new owner until we can resolve.

A:How do I change Primary Account/Owner

Just make sure the new owner/login has administrative rights, have the new owner login and delete your old account. Are even better...most new laptops come with an option to restore to factory defaults. That's what I would do if it was an option.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42895-how-do-i-change-primary-account-owner.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I purchased a MSI K7T266 Pro2 version 2.0 Socket A Motherboard DDR KT266. I had an AMD 1900 Palomino in another computer, so I know it is fine. I finally put everything together but I cannot access anything in the Hardware Monitor setup to change the CPU FSB from 100 to 133. The whole right side has nothing on it, i.e., arrows, up/down, etc.. And once I am in it, I have to reboot to get out of it; escape will not get me out of there. So now I am only running at 1200mhz with the 100mhz FSB. According to the manual "Monitor functions available only if there is harware monitor mechanism onboard". Whatever that means. But the specs on this board supports the AMD palomino 1900.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...UID=320&kind=1. So something is amiss. Any ideas? thanks

A:Unable to access Hardware Monitor setup in BIOS to change FSB- MSI K7T266

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. Same MoBo, AMD 1800 Palomino, can't reset FSB from 100 to 133 because the Hardware Monitor freezes when I try to access.
Thanks--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-hardware-monitor-setup-in-bios-to-change-fsb-msi-k7t266.532931/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm running -bit Windows Pro on an Asus P Q-EM MB with an Intel E but can permissions... key registry change of Administrator not owner processor with GB of PC - Ram I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately I've got several different error types in my event log The only one showing to be quot critical quot is the Kernal Power one that simply says it has recovered from an unexpected shutdown I decided to just start eliminating he errors one by one to see if I could find resolve the cause The one I started with was several DistributedCom quot The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID xx quot I found the CLSID in the registry and noted that the owner was TrustedInstaller I changed Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... it to the Admin user checked the include child subfolder inheritance etc boxes and hit apply It gave me an error saying that it could not save the changes but I noted that it had in fact changed the owner After getting out of permissions and then re-entering I attempted to change the Admin user owner's permission to Full Control It will not change It gives me an error saying that it cannot save the changes I've always been able to solve registry access issues in the past simply by taking ownership Why not this time Anybody know why a registry key owner would not be able to make permission changes Thanks in advance Howard Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... Classic User P Q-EM wooda Computer P Q-EM Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID C F A - F - FA-B BB- A F and APPID CDED -E AE- B - - D DCC to the user P Q-EM wooda SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Microsoft Windows FeatureOnDemand InsiderHub neutral neutral cw n h txyewy SID S- - - - - - - - - - This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt P Q-EM lt Computer gt

A:Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

Microsoft did that to protect the OS from the end user. Windows 10 was built on security to make sure that the end user is protected by their own bad habits.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54458-administrator-can-change-owner-registry-key-but-not-permissions.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm running -bit Windows key owner not registry of change can permissions... but Administrator Pro on an Asus P Q-EM MB with an Intel E processor with GB of PC - Ram I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately I've got several different error types in Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... my event log The only one showing to be quot critical quot is the Kernal Power one that simply says it has recovered from an Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... unexpected shutdown I decided to just start eliminating he errors one by one to see if I could find resolve Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... the cause The one I started with was several DistributedCom quot The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID xx quot I found the CLSID in the registry and noted that the owner was TrustedInstaller I changed it to the Admin user checked the include child subfolder inheritance etc boxes and hit apply It gave me an error saying that it could not save the changes but I noted that it had in fact changed the owner After getting out of permissions and then re-entering I attempted to change the Admin user owner's permission to Full Control It will not change It gives me an error saying that it cannot save the changes I've always been able to solve registry access issues in the past simply by taking ownership Why not this time Anybody know why a registry key owner would not be able to make permission changes Thanks in advance Howard Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User P Q-EM wooda Computer P Q-EM Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID C F A - F - FA-B BB- A F and APPID CDED -E AE- B - - D DCC to the user P Q-EM wooda SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Microsoft Windows FeatureOnDemand InsiderHub neutral neutral cw n h txyewy SID S- - - - - - - - - - This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt P Q-EM lt Computer gt

A:Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

Microsoft did that to protect the OS from the end user. Windows 10 was built on security to make sure that the end user is protected by their own bad habits.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54458-administrator-can-change-owner-registry-key-but-not-permissions.html
Relevancy 57.19%

As you can see the name there is quot SONYUHSHIDAE quot but there is a Mr RK there I want to get rid of computer? do my owner/user How of edit/change the the I of name that but I don t know how to edit it When you go to my user accounts My user name is quot SONE PC How do I edit/change the name of the owner/user of my computer? quot and not even quot Mr RK quot And all the folders under quot SONE PC quot is on the folder Mr RK on this path C Users Mr RK And in this picture you can see my computer name is quot SoNyuhShiDae quot and it doesn t have quot Mr RK quot on it but quot Mr RK quot is still present on How do I edit/change the name of the owner/user of my computer? the user profiles whatever And all the files has the owner named with my computer name and quot Mr RK quot is again included I want to get rid of that quot Mr RK quot Please help me My user account is the only account on this computer so I am also the administrator nbsp

A:How do I edit/change the name of the owner/user of my computer?

http://www.petri.co.il/change_registered_user_and_company_vista_xp.htm

BUT BE CAREFUL AND BACK UP REGISTRY FIRST re boot after set a system restore point before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-edit-change-the-name-of-the-owner-user-of-my-computer.936416/
Relevancy 56.33%

I removed an internal hard drive from a PC that i don't use anymore. The hard drive has Vista Business installed on it. I want to use it as an external 1tb drive now. So I dock the drive on my new Thermaltake BlacX Duet HDD docking station and my laptop recognizes the drive but I have no access to it. I do some web searches and find that I need to change the ownership of the drive. I tried to change it and all I get is the "access denied" error popping up.

Any workarounds to access the drive? Or even format the drive for external use?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
I frequent visits to cybercafes and they are using windowsXP as the operating system and the language used is chinese. How do I change the language from chinese to english.
Thanks

A:windowsXP, how to change language from chinese to english

Go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Change the Language.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windowsxp-how-to-change-language-from-chinese-to-english.931373/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I am from Australia and have just joined this group I have just bought a Toshiba Satellite P Ghz mb gb HD XP Home It used to belong to an American professional photographer and change in purchased name laptop registry Second hand , owner was then sold as part of a package of professional camera lense and Second hand laptop purchased , change owner name in registry laptop It was used for taking Second hand laptop purchased , change owner name in registry photos of Second hand laptop purchased , change owner name in registry kids sports where the photographer showed photos to parents on the laptop so they could order which ones they liked The guy that bought it from him already had a laptop so he sold it on eBay to me The transaction detail and eBay item number are below After getting it home I found that the thing was still full of kids photos so I have cleaned them out we have some tough laws on having photos of children and unauthorised photo taking of minors here I think they are fine The original American owner s name is still on the laptop can I change it in the registry to mine and if I do what will happen to the software that is already installed and registered in his name Thanking you in anticipation hotouch hotbounce Purchased From ric Item Number Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal Toshiba Satellite P Ghz mb gig HD XP Home AUD Postage amp Packing via Registered to XX includes any seller packing fees AUD Postage Insurance included -- Total AUD nbsp

A:Second hand laptop purchased , change owner name in registry

Click on Start/Run, type in regedit and click OK.
Click on My Computer , in the top left, so that it becomes highlighted (blue).
Click on Edit/Find, type in RegOwner and click on Find next
When found, doubleclick on the RegOwner key and change the name to yours.
Above it you will find RegCompany. Change that to your company or e.g. At Home.
Press F3 for the next occurrence, change it, press F3 etc. until the end.

Repeat this for RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization.

Do NOT change any other name-occurrences, as that may invalidate UserID/Password for other programs. Enjoy what's on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-hand-laptop-purchased-change-owner-name-in-registry.37637/
Relevancy 56.33%

I had a problem with the Joe Hill virus last year. I just went into properties of my computer and Joe Hill is listed as the registered to: person. I also can't find out what name is my admistrator. I can't get into documents and settings.

A:Solved: Joe Hill is the registered owner of my computer how do I change it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-joe-hill-is-the-registered-owner-of-my-computer-how-do-i-change-it.752399/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am having many problems with Vista since I loaded it, most critical is the error message ‘unable to display current owner’ when I try to access directories that have my files in them. I first get ‘access denied’ and when I try to see who owns it or change it I get the for above error. When I use Word and open files they only open in ‘read only’ and I have to save them to my desktop and use Computer and cut/paste it back into the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks HOGvsPC

A:Unable To Display Current Owner

You should be able to change file permissions by right-clicking on the file, Properties---Security---Advanced and set yourself the owner of the file then give yourself full control of the file. I too had the same issue with Office documents that I had created using Office on my XP install opening as read-only, which was fixed by altering the ownership & permissions. The "Unable to display current owner" I believe is because it was an XP user account that created the file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-display-current-owner.547264/
Relevancy 55.9%

I can't access my second drive. In 'advanced security settings' for the whole drive - the Permission Tabs lists 2 accounts - SYSTEM and Administrators. But Owner Tab says 'unable to display current owner'.
In this tab you have the option to change owners - here's where I get stuck. The displayed option is only me (an administrator). I want to ad SYSTEM or Administrators for the whole drive - as I cannot access it.
You can then edit the list of users here - and magically - it lists Administrators and System as options. But then won't let me add them. Further more - this tab shows the current owner as Administrators. This Vista seems as mixed up as I. Any tips for this conflict plz?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-display-current-owner.831107/
Relevancy 55.9%

Windows Ultimate x custom built system Two physical drives C and D formatted NTFS Unable owner display to current Computer crashed awhile back as a result of a power outage When it came back up everything seemed fine except that I can no longer access the Unable to display current owner root of D In Windows Explorer I can type in a path to a Unable to display current owner folder in the root of D such as quot D Photos quot but if I try to display the root of D I get quot Access Denied quot In Windows Explorer D is displayed with no 'size free' information Any attempt to access D whether with Windows Explorer or Command Line or via Disk Management always results in quot Access Denied quot Going to Properties of D Security tab I see the message quot You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings quot The only button available there is quot Advanced quot and clicking it brings me to the Permissions Auditing Owner and Effective Permissions tabs Each of those tabs simply says quot You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings quot except for the Owner tab which says quot Unable to display current owner quot I have tried the Registry file and tutorials at the beginning of this thread I have tried takeown and icacls commands from an Administrator-level command prompt and I have tried another Registry mod called quot Grant Admin Full Control quot Nothing has worked so far I have enabled the hidden Administrator account and logged into it and I have created a brand new administrator-level user account and tried from there Neither approach was successful always giving me the messages described above My data isn't exactly in danger to the extent that I can remember the folder names but I'd really like to be able to access this drive normally again Does this sound like an ownership problem a permissions problem a corruption problem or what

A:Unable to display current owner

Run chkdsk on D:

Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284331-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am accessing another computer by read write rights to specific folders Today I was at the host computer and I saw a file that I deleted before still there When I was permanently deleting it it was going off but when I refresh it was coming back When I tried to just delete - recycle - it it told me that I didn't have the rights to do it When I checked the security options from the properties it showed the owner as quot Unable to display current owner quot and didn't let me to change the owner or delete the file What can I do in these kind of situations when current owner cannot be displayed or changed What could be causing this I understand the file can come from to host computer remote computer and one of the external drives which may have a different owner -remote computer controls all the external drives just some of Unable Owner! to Current Display the external drives has a creator owner in permissions also

A:Unable to Display Current Owner!

Try resetting all the privileges on the drive you are changing. perhaps even reset it's name on the network. I had this issue the other day and that fixed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160028-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I suspect this to be network-related, offline-related and possibly to an abandoned account.

Can someone shed some light on this?

A:Unable to display current owner

Have you read this?

pc is unable to display current owner

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/67081-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 55.9%

When I boot up vista I get the above error message saying that it may not be compatible with the version of windows I am running. Check to see if the module is compatible with a 32 or 64 bit version of regsvr32.exe  How do I get rid of this

A:Users/Owner/App Data/local/ovrhics/ep0pp01.dll error message

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535431/message-cprogramdataicnuyigibydat-failed-to-load/

Same computer ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535436/usersownerapp-datalocalovrhicsep0pp01dll-error-message/
Relevancy 55.47%

My son has a year old Compaq computer which is running Windows XP home He had been asking me for a while to reinstall the operating system to get his sister s stuff off of it since she now has a laptop Reinstall of a WindowsXP Complete Unable to The computer came with its own recovery system built in -- so Unable to Complete a Reinstall of WindowsXP I did that first The computer would run the recovery -- and then would go to the black background quot Welcome to Microsoft Windows quot screen with a little please wait under the windows logo flag -- and Unable to Complete a Reinstall of WindowsXP when it would go to the next screen which would presumably be the beginnings of the start-up area it would get a black screen with a cursor in the upper left side You can t type anything with the cursor however So I got in an online chat with HP who said that it sounded like the recover partition had been corrupted and that if I had not made a set of recovery CDs then I needed to order them and run the recovery from the Cds So I did just that yesterday The same thing happens I get to the first start-up screen black background with Microsoft flag and a please wait and when it goes to the next screen it s a black background with a cursor in the upper left What is wrong with this computer -- and what can I do to fix it Please help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

So my Avast has been acting up lately (can't bring it up) so I decided to uninstall it. Its folder on the C Drive was still there though, so I tried deleting it but I can't as it keeps giving me the 'Folder Access Denied' message where it says 'You require permission from Users to make changes to this folder'.

So I go to the advanced security settings for the folder and set 'Users (****-pc\Users)' as owner, but it still says that my access level is 'Read & execute' only, not 'Full control'. I still can't delete the folder; what the heck is happening?  

A:Unable to Delete Folder Even as Owner; Really Confused

Can you try this: http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/Also where is the folder located?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517677/unable-to-delete-folder-even-as-owner;-really-confused/
Relevancy 55.47%

This is a problem that I ve seen a lot of things about but none that actually match my situation I recently got a new computer with windows premium home edition on it and I have a file that I wish to copy into another folder but it will not allow me If I attempt to run move or delete the file I get a message telling me that I need adminstrator privilages to do the action I to display Solved: Unable current owner. have figured out that it is because I do not have ownership of this file I have Solved: Unable to display current owner. attempted to change the ownership through the security tab of the properties but I do not have access to it Instead I get this message quot You do not have permission to view this object s security properties quot Where it tells me who the current owner is the box simply says quot Unable to display current owner quot I obviously need to take ownership of the file but I can t find out how It would be much appreciated if anyone had some ideas I am an administrator and for whatever reason home edition does not allow to me to use the default administrator account which is the only idea that I ve seen to fix this problem This not a file that I took from my old computer either nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I can open windows in safe mode bot in normal mode I get no desktop and error message
The message I get is
Documentsand settings\owner\desktop is not accessible
also
cannot run pconfig

Anyone with help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-owner.420716/
Relevancy 54.18%

i had a problem with my computer which forced me to do a system restore but without deleteing the files and when i logged on i could no longer gain access to my files as the computer created a new account, and the computer will not allow it to acces my old account i can acces all the others on there but not this one.

also it is not password protected.

any help would be greatfull

A:Cannot Access Owner Account On PC

You may need to take ownership of the files to be able to access them.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173428/cannot-access-owner-account-on-pc/
Relevancy 54.18%

when I try deleting certain files it says "you must have permission of Geinita/DSMaster" even logged onto this account. it's the only one on my omputer. I had to set myself to owner but got that squared away, it wanted to even deny me admin privlages. anyone have an similar problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73084/owner-denied-access/
Relevancy 54.18%

my system crashed and I have mounted the xp hardrive in another windows system. I want to access the files in the owner directory but it won't give me access. I thought if you mounted the hard drive in another system, you will be able to access any data on the non-booted drive since the registry from the original system was not controlling it. I guess not.

Does anyone know how to regain access to directories that I'm guessing is because the rights were assigned on the old system?

A:cannot access owner directory

Did you ever get a response to this? I have the same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-access-owner-directory-273083.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a huge problem. I've been trying to download a resource pack for a program and it says
'you don't have write privileges to directory
C\Users\......Resources\Clipart\Rules'

But when I check in the Properties it says I'm the Owner.
I REALLY need to get this downloaded and have no idea what to do. Now I've been trying to delete the folder and start all over again, and of course I can't do that either.

can someone please help???
Thanks!
Jenny

A:I don't have access to a file even though I'm the owner

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Before you try to open the download, right-click it and choose Run As Administrator then comply with any UAC prompt.

Failing that, you could try using the built-in Administrator account and try to open the file from there.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196157-i-dont-have-access-file-even-though-im-owner.html
Relevancy 53.75%

A friend's PC died on them and I'm trying to recover their pictures from the hard drive. I have a USB hard drive adapter connected to my computer and I can browse the hard drive. However, when I try to open the Owner folder, which is where everything is, I get an error saying that access is denied. Is there a way around this so I can copy the pictures?

Thanks.

Relevancy 53.75%

After having my computer repaired I was cleaning files off I didn't need and moved all files from the owner account which now denies any kind of access so therefore I cannot download certain software.
Can anyone tell me how to regain access to this account?

A:Can not gain access to owner account.

What files and folders did you remove?

If any were system files or folders then your account may be toast!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-gain-access-to-owner-account.981202/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I am the owner of my pc and the user I am logged into is only able to read/execute. I've tried several ways of regaining back Admin but have always been prompt with the message 'Access denied'. I've noticed the box is ticked for 'Account is disabled' for admin account but I can't untick it because I'm logged into a user with minimum privileges and therefore stuck at 'Access denied'.

Is there another way around this issue such that I'm able to regain back my admin privileges?

Thanks in advance!

A:Owner of PC but no admin access Windows 7

Try going back to your other thread with this problem. Those methods suggested should still work.

How does this problem keep happening to you?
You must be doing something to make this happen.

Standard user unable to access Administrator rights

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370920-owner-pc-but-no-admin-access-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I am using windowsXP and my laptop is IBM R50e.

I wish to change the settings in Control-Panel/Regional & Languages/Advanced/chinese PRC, but after selecting this option and pressing ok, the system prompt me to reboot, and after rebooting, it would ask me to choose "start windows Normally" or "Last known good configuration" etc.. etc. When I choose start windows normally, the system will reboot and ask me the same question again. However if I choose "Last known good configuration" then the system will bring me to windows, however if I choose this option being "Last known good configuration", then I doubt the new settings will take effect.

What must I do so that I can successfully change the settings to Control-Panel/Regional & Languages/Advanced/chinese PRC.

Thanks

A:Solved: windowsXP-cant change settings to Control-Panel/Regional & Languages/Advanced/chinese

If you have a Full Operating System on CD then you can try this:

1. Configure the computer to start from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. For information about how to do this, see your computer documentation, or contact your computer manufacturer.
2. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.
3. When you receive the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
4. When you receive the "Welcome to Setup" message, press R to start the Recovery Console.
5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you have to use from the Recovery Console.
6. When you are prompted, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER (if none was set, leave it blank and press ENTER).
7. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /list, and then press ENTER. The entries in your current Boot.ini file appear on the screen.
8. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER. This command scans the hard disks of the computer for Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows NT installations, and then displays the results. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to add the Windows installations to the Boot.ini file. For example, follow these steps to add a Windows XP installation to the Boot.ini file:

a. When you receive a message that is similar to the following message:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)
Press Y hit ENTER.

b. When, you receive a message that is similar to the following message:
Enter Load Identifier
This is the name of the operating system. Type the name of your operating system, and then press ENTER. The name is either Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

c. When you receive a message that is similar to the following:
Enter OS Load options
Type /fastdetect, and then press ENTER.

Take the CD out of the drive.

Type exit then press ENTER.

Note: The instructions that appear on your screen may be different, depending on the configuration of your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windowsxp-cant-change-settings-to-control-panel-regional-languages-advanced-chinese.673785/
Relevancy 53.32%

This picture shows how my name has been changed in User Accounts and in regedit, as displayed by running winver, but yet all my files are still found at C:\Users\Owner.
When I go to C:\Users, the Owner folder is locked and cannot be renamed even though my account type is administrator, as seen here.
How do I really change the name from Owner to a name of my choosing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-owner-name-in-regedit-user-accounts-but-files-are-still-at-c-users-owner.1064404/
Relevancy 53.32%

Help please I did make a post on the Technet Forums not to long ago and H ardForums a few weeks ago just found this Format, Storage Suddenly wants Space to HELP!! to Data Space Unable Access site today really HELP!! Storage Space Space Suddenly wants to Format, Unable to Access Data hope some one out there can help me I just copy pasted my Technet Forum post Please help This is for a Windows used as a Home Media Server Every thing was working fine and then one day when I turned on the Server I was unable to access the Storage Space and windows was telling me I needed to Format the drive at first I thought some thing was wrong with ether the motherboard or a hard drive died I moved the Storage Space Drives to a older system that I know works and Was getting the Same Error I reinstalled Windows same error with Storage Space The Manage Storage Space control panel was asking for me to add more drives So I added them Same error Below are a few screen shots of what I think was important to show to get help I am no HELP!! Storage Space Space Suddenly wants to Format, Unable to Access Data IT pro I am at the limits of what I know so please Help Storage Space Window Format Error PowerShell quot Get quot Cmdlets Event Veiwer Error I really am at a loss of what to do and it is some what frustrating but I know the data is still on the drives the Storage Space control panel shows most of the drives with space being used So something must have gone corrupt Is what I am thinking So I did a quot Repair-Virtualdisk-FriendlyName quot and as of this posting hours minutes have passed and it is still at complete at this rate it will take days maybe even weeks I do not even know if it is safe to stop it or shut down the machine If you need any more info please ask I HELP!! Storage Space Space Suddenly wants to Format, Unable to Access Data need to get this fixed soon The last time the server was working fine All I did was watch some videos over my network on my Main PC coped some video files to my server and deleted some folders and video files once I was done I shutdown the PC I use the Storage Space as a Network Drive with full access Only my Main PC uses this for now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-storage-space-space-suddenly-wants-to-format-unable-to-access-data.1127257/
Relevancy 53.32%

hi everyone again I recently installed Treesize software on my computer it is a quick way to see what user/owner. to main Access denied is using most space Access denied to main user/owner. on your hard drives I am impressed with it Access denied to main user/owner. There are users on my computer all password protected I am main user administrator owner my wife is an administrator also my daughter is an administrator and my son has a limited account The Treesize came up with access denied to my wife's account and son's account My daughter's amp my account were shown on Treesize I opened C drive selected Documents and Settings same thing happened Access denied to both those accounts I also learnt from Treesize amp from Documents amp Settings that I have besides above mentioned accounts a seperate administrator account a seperate owner account a guest account amp an all users account I cannot delete the surplus accounts Access denied How odd In control panel only our accounts and guest account shown which is off A year ago I had a repair done on my computer would the shop have made extra accounts I realise you should only have administrator per computer but found that this was too limited for my wife amp daughter to use hence administrators Anyone got any ideas on this problem Regards tech no

A:Access denied to main user/owner.

jkust replace "SAM" file in folder C:\windows\system32\config with the one "SAM" at c:\windows\repair folder. Now restart the PC and all the passwords are gone...
Just try and do inform me if it works or not...

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-to-main-user-owner-168042.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi my cousin has been living with us and Settings\Owner Denied C:\Documents and Access using the family computer for a while now and keeps installing random C:\Documents and Settings\Owner Access Denied freeware programs from the internet at will Needless to say the performance went down considerably to the point C:\Documents and Settings\Owner Access Denied where no one wanted to use it so I decided to remove a bunch of them using the remove software tool I came to one quot C:\Documents and Settings\Owner Access Denied Samsung Media Studio quot which when I tried to uninstall it said it could not access specific files because they were located in the C Documents and Settings Owner file and I did not have access to it I was in the original admin account set up on the computer from day I restarted in safe mode and tried to just access this file but was denied access Tried again using the Administrator account found in safe mode but same thing again I can not even explore this file We previously had a problem with the sound drivers on my machine where there would be no sound produced at all I finally discovered they had been deleted or replaced now that same problem has returned after a portion of the program noted above s files had been removed so I m starting to wonder if he has let this third party program manage the sound drivers or if it has done something malicious to the System I m at a loss I found a few threads related to this but nothing directly and nothing that remedied my problem so any help at all here would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys ,

My PC started rebooting after Windows boot screen with the blue screen of death, and I pulled the drive out, put it in another PC and tried to recover some of my files using the old drive as a slave.

Unfortunately, the files are "private" files registered to my user and I get a "permission denied" error when attempting to read them.

Is there any way to view / copy these files?

Thanks,
Luc L.

A:Access / Recover private WindowsXP files?

Hi Lucl, welcome to TSG.

Try THIS resolution from MS. It tells you how to take ownership of a file/folder in XP.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-recover-private-windowsxp-files.530600/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just got my computer up and running yesterday, but I've noticed this screen when I turn it on. It pops up before the OS loads. My computer is running just fine, but this is just kind of an annoyance to see. Is there any way to remove it? I've got a Gigabyte ga-ma790fxt-ud5p and running Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:How to remove the screen that shows "AMD Data Change... Update New Data To DMI!"?

This is a message from your motherboard, not windows 7.

Did you enter the BIOS (settup) and load the default settings? Or change any other settings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272582/how-to-remove-the-screen-that-shows-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi/
Relevancy 52.03%

I performed a System Recovery. I installed Word and went to access my Owner documents from the Backup File that was created during the Recovery. However, I now get this error message: C:\My Backup-10-01-18 0912AM\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access is denied. So I have LOST all of my work. However, I can easily access any and all files under the Guest profile. Can anyone help me figure out what happened to the Owner profile?

thank you!

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Could someone please help me identify some public token ID's on my AMD WIN computer and other systems tablet and smart phones After several internet searches I have not been successful in obtaining owner information for these Issues and viruses access Need owner ID's, remote token help public several identifying are -remote access -shadowing -event listener -webcam access -overriding administrative privileges -over running tasks Need help identifying owner public token ID's, remote access and several viruses -Google redirect -several viruses - FBI Moneypak MSIEXEC exe Skype etc Actions to date Reinstall WIN on computers over the last months issues listed above resume within days Change network Need help identifying owner public token ID's, remote access and several viruses name and password on router Change all Google and internaet account passwords frequently Regularly delete and clean all temp internet files cookies browsing history unrecognized files and optimize Recently ran Combofix Adware Roguekiller TDSSkiller with little benefit run Spyware Malware Reg Cleaner daily Addtional I have found several logs of my computer systems on the internet including Hijack This reports which I did not post Due to security issues I cannot publicly post my logs to this forum but I am happy to provide all info and links privately Thank you Lily

A:Need help identifying owner public token ID's, remote access and several viruses

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/509751 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509751/need-help-identifying-owner-public-token-ids-remote-access-and-several-viruses/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'd like to transfer the data from my Owner profile to a new profile, but I keep receiving this message while trying to do so: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access denied.

I followed the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, so I don't know what's preventing me from accessing the Owner folder.

Note I'm using an administrator account to access the Owner folder.

A:Solved: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access denied.

Could be the permissions are set for the Owner account only, and not the Administrators Group.

Right click the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner folder, click Properties, then click the Security tab.
Make sure Administrators is listed -- note the s, and the icon should have two heads, not one.
You must have simple file sharing turned off to see the security tab and for XP Home, boot into safe mode, or install the XP Security tab fix from the link in this post
To turn off simple file sharing:
Control Panel | Folder Options
View tab
Uncheck Use simple file sharing (Recommended) (last item in the list)

You can also take ownership of the folder:
How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-c-documents-and-settings-owner-is-not-accessible-access-denied.825290/
Relevancy 52.03%

Win xp sp2. My computer crashed and I had to use the recovery disc supplied by the manufacturer. The recovery process erased the HD but offered me the option of backing up which I did. When I try to open the 'owner' folder or any of the users folders it says 'Access denied'. How can I open my owner folder to recover my files. This is only happening with the users folders and not with other folders on the C: drive.

A:Solved: Denied access to c:\documents and settings\owner folder

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-denied-access-to-c-documents-and-settings-owner-folder.719044/
Relevancy 52.03%

please help me......when my brother passed away..he left me his computer....fine I love it...if I could use it...I can't get passed the log in password...what can I do to find his password?

Relevancy 52.03%

Windows Vista bit was HP Desktop m c but motherboard died so I purchased gigabyte GA- change boot 64 data to new data Vista won't AMD DMI Update OS GM-D H rev AMD G socket AM I updated my memory with PATRIOT gaming i gb DDR MHz - - - kit it is UNGANGED I had to change CPU to match it is AMD phenom II X T black edition GHz Everthing worked perfect from Nov until Dec then one morning after internet auto update I found DMI Pool Data AMD data change Update new data to DMI Boot from CD DVD Vista 64 OS won't boot AMD data change Update new data to DMI Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter I tried many things other have here on this forum my problem is that in Master is the original HARD DRIVE Slave CD DVD Master which is the second hard drive but BIOS sees Vista 64 OS won't boot AMD data change Update new data to DMI it as the same hard drive as Master It is a shadow copy of the rst HD and is same size I have turned each off independently in BIOS but no OS will boot Tried original recovery disk with system error not able to recover BECAUSE OF new motherboard HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-os-wont-boot-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi.1032378/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought an Acer AX3810 with Vista 7 Home Premium 64 bit from the widow of my neighbor. I had transferred all his personal files and copied all the photographs to an external hard drive for her then deleted all the files using "Eraser". I cannot seem to be able to delete the previous owner as administrator. His file has a little padlock symbol on it. I changed his name to mine in the "Manage user accounts" but no matter, it is still "him" that is logged on. I created a new account in my name and then changed the status from standard to administrator but he is still "there". I feel like I am being haunted. Any ideas?

A:New owner but cannot remove previous owner as administrator

You could do a clean install: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321987-new-owner-but-cannot-remove-previous-owner-administrator.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone, my software(data acquisition software) works well and saves data in the folder with full control permissions, but when I try to save my data in the restricted folder(only delete permission is denied) it displays an error access denied.
Is there any workaround to disable the delete option and keeping the normal functioning of software intact, as my intention is to allow the users to generate the data and restricting them from deleting the generated data
Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026639d7-2c52-4c20-aca4-d5e6675b5611/if-i-setup-folder-restrictions-i-am-unable-to-save-data-through-the-data-acquisition-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 50.74%

I've have an Aspire x1300 for many years. The only mods I've done to it is add a new graphics card, a MSI radeon R7 200. For the past couple months, every time I boot up "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI" appears on the boot up screen and doesn't do anything from there. The only way I can start my comp is to go into the bios menu and back out. I looked up many options and the only one that makes sense is to update the bios but there are no drivers available for my model on this site. Does anyone have to right bios update for me or a proper solution? please help.

A:AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI message a...

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/1180;-;Aspire%20X1300 click on BIOS tab, be aware that those updates are only for BIOS version Rxxxx one thing i would try is to change the CMOS battery, probably a low charge battery can have this kind of behaviour.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/AMD-Data-Change-Update-New-Data-to-DMI-message-appears-on-boot/td-p/382280
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way we can control (or modify)the "change owner to" drop box list in windows for a particular resource (for example say a file) using a vbscript or batch script.

the reason i am asking this is because for usbstor.inf file , i have given ownership access to domain admin group via batch script, but since administrator and my id are appearing in the "change owner to" drop box, i am again able to regain ownership back and then modify the permissions for the usbstor.inf file. I have tried using subinacl for denying the take ownership permission for the administrator group and my id , but even then i am able to take ownership back.
any help to resolve this issue is reallyr really appreciated

A:we can control (or modify)the "change owner to" drop box list in windows

Hi, this room is for introductions only, a moderator will move it to the correct area.
Feel free to introduce yourself here after it is moved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/we-can-control-or-modify-the-change-owner-to-drop-box-list-in-windows.722079/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way we can control (or modify)the "change owner to" drop box list in windows for a particular resource (for example say a file) using a vbscript or batch script.

the reason i am asking this is because for usbstor.inf file , i have given ownership access to domain admin group via batch script, but since administrator and my id are appearing in the "change owner to" drop box, i am again able to regain ownership back and then modify the permissions for the usbstor.inf file. I have tried using subinacl for denying the take ownership permission for the administrator group and my id , but even then i am able to take ownership back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/controlling-the-change-owner-to-drop-box-list-in-windows-using-vb-batch-script-260223.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/controlling-change-owner-to-drop-box-list-in-windows-using-vbscript-or-batch-script.722081/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey I recently started to notice some strange activity on my MacBook, and am unable to change the root user, along with this on my console the country code sometimes changes to NL without me doing so. Sometimes I also get a message on my console saying "parental controls, start observing". Is there something fishy going on ?, any help much appreciated, thanks

A:Unable to change root user and country change on console, mac osx

Please post any operating (or infection) problems to the Mac forum area, as they are not handled here ...........

Operating Systems → Mac OS  ...............

Thank You - - - -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552928/unable-to-change-root-user-and-country-change-on-console-mac-osx/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have two problems I have a lot of scanning data all date and time stamped All the scans show different status of shipped packages all shipments have unique ID but there are multiple scans data export from macro to second Solved: excel ACCESS: and Show latest data on route for all Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro of them to track the packages I want to find all the packages for which there was quot misdirected quot scan then for all of them show the scan before So the end result would be all the scans that show for each package where it was misdirected the terminal of the scan before the misdirect scan I want to automate this run queries every two hours between am and pm copy and paste all results into Excel to specified areas e g first query results to A second to A third to A etc or onto different tabs save as csv to a specific folder then send it as attachment to a given e-mail address Even partial solution can be good I only know macros somewhat not as much VBA so I tried that with the TransferSpreadsheet command but can t get it work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-show-second-latest-data-and-export-data-to-excel-from-macro.942280/
Relevancy 49.45%

During a TrendMicro virus scan it found an archive that was infected A quick check of the archive Which I d grabbed months before but never ran showed it was actually an application so I went to shift del the file No sense dumping a virus into the recycle bin and poof it Permissions - No file owner delete of / Solved: current Unable file Cannot display to s gone Then I went to delete the folder it was in but it wouldn t let me Told me I didn t have the permissions to do so A quick check of the folder s contents revealed the virus app was back as if it had never been deleted If I try doing a regular delete it tells me Destination Folder Access Denied So I started poking around the file s security properties quot Unable Solved: Cannot delete file / No Permissions - Unable to display current owner of file to display current owner quot I tried changing the owner but it wouldn t let me do that I downloaded Unlocker right-clicked on the file and unlocked it but nothing seemed to happen and Solved: Cannot delete file / No Permissions - Unable to display current owner of file same results when I try to delete it I m running Vista -bit not connected to a local network Just one computer and I d really like to delete this virus app off my machine TrendMicro was unable to get rid of it and I can t seem to get rid of it either nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot delete file / No Permissions - Unable to display current owner of file

Ha, nevermind. Unlocker just took an enormous amount of time in actually starting up, and turns out the virus scanner had a process linked to the file. So, problem solved. Nothing to see here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-delete-file-no-permissions-unable-to-display-current-owner-of-file.869617/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am an absolute begineer in MS Access Will try to put my question as simply n clearly as possible I have designed a database to keep history of our company s projects The Master Project History Table contains fields including Project Ref Project Title Project Budget and Project Year The users are expected to populate the table through Master Project HistoryForm The key field is set as Project Ref Some of the projects are combined with each other and to display this info Master Project History Form also has the fields Project Ref- Project Title- Project Budget- and Project Year- I am loking for a code for the On Update event that will fetch and display data in Project Title- Project Budget- and Project Year- fields when Project Ref- is updated Please note that all this info is coming from the same Master Project History Table My IT guys told me to use a code with variable for each field that goes something like this to update Project Title- field Dim varX As Variant varX DLookup quot Project Title quot quot Master Project History Table quot quot Project Ref quot amp Forms Master Project History Form Project Ref- Me Project Title- varX And then repeat for each other field by defining new variables The above is not working giving syntex errors etc Will appreciate help from fellow members nbsp

A:MS Access: Updating Data In One Field Should Update Data In All Relevant Fields

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-updating-data-in-one-field-should-update-data-in-all-relevant-fields.802904/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am unable to change any permission for any folder . every option that supposed to be available for setting the permission is gray out!! , for some of my files I see the owner is "unable to display the current owner".

I have attached the 3 screen shots !!
please help me

A:permission problem "unable to display the current owner"

Do you have UAC toggled on?

you need to do that then take ownership of the folder(s) from the advanced properties.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/28216-permission-problem-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Will I run into any problem if I change the Registered Owner (and Registered Company) for my system? (to fix a typo!)

The method is described here:
Registered Owner and Organization - Vista Forums

I did see that some Registry installer sections for non-MS products have picked up the current Registered Owner, so will contact those companies separately.

A:Q: Ok to change "Registered owner"?

Nothing will happen, expect that you own all the files and can edit them now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/94663-q-ok-change-registered-owner.html
Relevancy 49.02%

In order to get rid of the *.zip folder view in WinExplorer on a64bit WIn7 system I tried to delete (according to some tutorials) the Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{E88DCCE0-B7B3-11d1-A9F0-00AA0060FA31}

Unfortuantely this is NOT possible immediately.
When I try to delete it then I got a popup

Cannot delete.... Error while delting key.

Ok, so I tried to get ownership of this key by right clicking-->Permissions
then selecting "Users" and enabling "Full control" the "apply" button but I got here:

Unable to save permission changes on ....
Access denied"

Why?

This last error comes for all Owners: SYSTEM, Administrators, trusted Installers.

I have Admin rights. So what more do I need to get ownership?

Even worse: Every change in owner is rejected as well.

Peter

A:Cannot delete certain Registry Key; Cannot change Owner of Registry Ke

Hello Peter,

Are you logged in as an administrator?

In addition, you might see if the tutorial below may help with this.

Zip Folders - Enable or Disable Windows Explorer View

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208758-cannot-delete-certain-registry-key-cannot-change-owner-registry-ke.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Need help.. when I turn my pc on itll load windows then shuts down with a really quick flash of BSOD.

Then says "amd data change update new data to dmi"

Ive put the window 7 disc in and I just get the compatibility report screen! Help?

A:amd data change update new data to dmi

Now just getting black screen....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293376-amd-data-change-update-new-data-dmi.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I just got myself a new monitor and ever since that it started showing this message on boot, and I would be fine with that expect it stays on that screen for like 5 minutes before my computer continues to boot. Not cool.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi-505399.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all, just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate on my second pc, all went well apart from it gets to amd data change update new data to dmi then..... stops, it wont budge, i haven't touched anything in the bios or added any new hardwear.
When i reboot, same again, went into the bios and made sure i have it set to boot from hard drive first.
Any thoughts on this?

A:amd data change update new data to dmi?

What was on your second computer before you installed Windows 7? Did it have any malware/viruses, etc?

Have you updated your Mother Board? Cleared/reset the CMOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44065-amd-data-change-update-new-data-dmi.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello
I get this message on every boot, befor OS loading: "AMD Data Change - Update New Data to DMI"
I flashed my MB withe the lastest bios; even old bioses but it keep showing.
I reset cmos, change battery disconect all unecessary hardwars without success.
What is updating and is there a solustion ?

Please help

Relevancy 49.02%

Gday I have started getting this ----- gt AMD data change update new data to DMI everytime I reboot the system boots up fine and no nasty BSOD's GA-MA T-UD P rev I contacted Gigabyte this is there reply - Thank you for supporting new data update to DMI data AMD change... GIGABYTE products and contacting GBT Tech Support As to the problem you mentioned kindly try to Load Optimized under BIOS setting and remove AMD data change... update new data to DMI unnecessary hardware Then try to test with a hardware add on at a AMD data change... update new data to DMI time to see how it works You can try to reinstall OS as well since it is also possible the boot file damage issue If the problem remains please try to contact AMD data change... update new data to DMI your supplier and see whether they could help you do further testing on the system to find out where went wrong It is a brand new tower that I had custom built and when I first installed Vista there was no AMD data change update new data to DMI I do not want to flash the BIOS if it ain't broke don't fix it I am curious as to why all of a sudden this message has suddenly appeared

A:AMD data change... update new data to DMI

try using the basic defaults with any auto-overclocking and core unlocking turned off for starters, leave out on the boot any devices with flash memory. run a memory diagnostic app eg: memtest, windows memory test. if a memory cell on the stick fails or doesnt sync correctly it can be read sometimes as a hardware change. its also worth reading the bios update notes to see if any of the fixes/new additions apply to any of your hardwear.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280262-amd-data-change-update-new-data-dmi.html