Windows Support Forum

Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

Q: Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

I have the same problem When turning on the laptop screen goes to white I can hear windows starting but cannot see anything I Laptop white starts and white stays screen up connected it to an external monitor which will only display once windows has loaded I then took the whole laptop apart and discovered the LCD cable was frayed due to a faulty laptop hinge I replaced the cable and it was the same just white The problem I think is with the motherboard Laptop screen starts up white and stays white and the intergrated video card Upon taking the whole thing apart I noticed that where the video card plugs in is right where the heat sink is and the cooling fan which gets exceptional hot I figure it has fried the board to the extend the monitor will not work where it is plugged in but the external monitor will work but only when windows boots So sad to say because of the the heat this laptop puts off and if you have it sitting on your lap or bed or anywhere else that it cannot cool properly it has over heated and you will have to get a new motherboard Moderator note Moved from this thread - http www techspot com community t up-white-and-stays-white post- nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

"I connected it to an external monitor, which will only display once windows has loaded"... This is normal behavior because the video signal to the external monitor is not sent until Windows loads. If you can see normal video, the motherboard video chip is good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199498/
Relevancy 108.5%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 81.22%

Operating System Windows Ultimate System Manufacturer HP System Model Hp Pavilion DV CA Notebook PC Processor AMD TURION X GHz Memory GB RAM blink blank Laptop cursor to a with starts screen white When I start my laptop it display the Hp screen as usual but after that instead of booting it display a blank screen with white cursor blinking at the top LEFT corner the fan is working like after minutes of waiting the Windows logo appears Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink and Windows Starts I thought the problem might be that the bootloader got corrupted or something so I tried booting with Windows CD both but no change still same blank screen with white blinking cursor But Now it gives me Operating System not Found after Minutes Windows Starts Normally Please note that I have been able to enter Bios setup and change the booting option as well Bios was showing all the hardware as it usually shows I Tried to change the HardDisK But the Problem Remained When I try to Press F recovery button it performs same thing blank screen with Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink blinking cursor I Also Tried to Format but because when i boot it doesnt take the cd and remain with the blank screen with blinking cursor After Window Started I Entered and run the setup exe and installed Windows again but the problem was not solved Any Help

A:Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink

Is this a brand new computer? When did this start happening?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79181-laptop-starts-blank-screen-white-cursor-blink.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Can anyone please tell me why my laptop screen turns white and stays that way when i start up?

A:screen stays white

Hi steveicw

Just guessing here but it sounds like the LCD screen isn't working. Basically you are getting the backlight on with nothing in front to change the display. Is there anywhere on the laptop that you can plug in a external monitor and see if the system is booting? I had one laptop like this where the external display worked fine but the screen was all white. Replacing the display fixed the problem. Laptops are expensive and hard to fix. You may need to take it to a repair shop. BOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-stays-white.51367/
Relevancy 104.49%

Here is what I have A Samsung g hard drive as master a Seagate g as a slave A Sound blaster Live CT model sound card A d-link wireless wda AN asus AS F P T-E motherboard mb Samsung RAM sticks and An ATI radeon LE m DDR graphic card Ribbon cables My problem when I turn on the PC a few things happen It asks then if I want to boot from safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt to try to restore to last known settings or to start windows normally I help, with I need white stays PC black my line at screen already chose all these options When I do any of these things the screen shows a white bar It fills up to the end and Then nothing after that When I chose the continue normally prompt I took a -minute shower I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line and returned Still nothing At that point I think that it should have advanced into another screen or something I am not sure what is on the master drive as it was given to me but i know that it worked I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line at one point I would be open to any suggestions that don t involve paying extra money I know that there is some way to make it work-with some help from smart people Also i have two extra hard drives one is a g WD hd and one is a g WD -Thank you for reading Bamabeast nbsp

Relevancy 103.63%

I got a 2nd hand laptop the other day and when im on web pages that have a white background the white looks a little like cream not white as it should do.

i have changed the brightness but still the same and the screen has been cleaned so what could be the problem and what can i do about it?

the laptop runs on Vista.

A:White is not White on my laptop screen

Welcome
Follow this tutorial specifically,intensity
Color Scheme

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292893-white-not-white-my-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I have searched through a lot of threads and couldn t find any with this specific problem Yesterday when I got up I turned on my at flashes then Vista Screen fine. white just startup starts computer I have a Compaq Desktop with an Intel Celeron D processor and Vista Home Basic with gigs of Ram and a LCD monitor When I turned on the monitor the screen started flashing white so I immediately shut the computer off When I turned it back on the screen was still white but it had the warning saying that I may have had recently installed hardware and it failed So it optioned me to go into repair mode which I Screen flashes white at startup then Vista starts just fine. did Repair mode gave me the option of using System Restore and I used that The computer rebooted fine When the PC was done with system restore I got a error message from Norton Anti-Virus error number My anti virus was turned off and I was prompted to do some hot fix Which wouldn t download when I tried it so later in the day I found the Norton webpage and downloaded the Hotfix and it has worked fine Norton Antivirus also had to be turned back on and updated and it all worked fine I ran diagnostics defragmented and anti-virus checks everything and it all says everything is working fine Now I am oddball in the fact that I turn off my computer when I am not using it So I turned off the computer and few hours later I turned it on again and there was no white screen So I had to go out for most of the day and when I got back I turned it on and had the white screen again So I turned it off and then back on and got the warning that Windows didn t start up So I chose the start normally option and again it was fine and everything was working fine So I talked to my Brother in Law who knows a thing or two about computers and he didn t know what to do So as a experiment I turned off the PC and was going to see if the monitor was flashing white on my other PC As I was unhooking the monitor I realized that it wasn t connected very well at all So anyways I connected my monitor to the other PC and it started fine So I moved my monitor back and made sure to hook it up properly and then Iturned the PC back on and it booted just fine with no white screen and again everything was working Twice more last night I had the use the PC and both times that I started it I had no problems and no white screen So this morning I turn on the PC and the screen flashes white three times and then Vista started up normally I am at a loss as to what could be wrong My computer is working fine and runs video games and all operations normally Is it possible that my monitor is dying It s a Metro monitor that is about three years old Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flashes-white-at-startup-then-vista-starts-just-fine.843399/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello everybody. I own a Zbook, and today a small white dot appeard on my screen. Is brighten then his surroundings and it can be perfectly be seen on the white background. Is quite annoying. Anyone knows a cure for this? my notebook is under warranty, but i still i will prefer if i can fix it somehow whitout changing the display. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Small-white-spot-on-monitor-more-visible-with-white-screen/td-p/5632612
Relevancy 95.89%

Computer covers whole screen with either white or white with black and blue stripes Multiple times a day This computer was and Freezes white with turns Screen white stripes or bought in HP Media Center PC Within the second week this freezing it freezes and the screen has a white or white with Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes black and blue stipes occured yes second week my brother was uninformed and thought it was normal and didnt return it It happened often enough as to save anything you were working on every ten to twenty minutes on a bad day It Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes settled and slowly became less of a problem then stoped One day he got a virus and had to restore the computer the freezing started up again same as last time it settled then stoped a month later i recieved this computer as a hand me down as my brother went to college and got a MAC That was in mid summer of a week and a half ago i got a huge virus i restored my computer and the freezing started up again after not doing it once for over a year It has gotten as bad as freezing every minutes some nights And earlier today it froze i turned off and on my computer went down stairs and when i came back it was frozen again I had not even used and program Please help if you have any idea whats wrong Things to keep in mind -It only happened after the computer was restored or bought ish -Its not a normal freeze where you see the programs on the screen still the screen goes completely white or white with black and blue stripes - years old Thanks

A:Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes

Then maybe it isn't freezing at all. Maybe there's a problem with your monitor, vga cable, or video card.

Try a different monitor/cable and see if that changes anything. If it doesn't, then try reseating the video card--if any--and if that doesn't work I suggest getting a cheap one from someone's old pc at least to test with.

Installing a new video card can be complicated, but google search for a guide or follow the setup instructions for the video card to the letter and you'll have no problems.

Let us know what's going on, we love to help here... it's like an addiction, but we can stop anytime... really we can.

Welcome to TSF. I know I come off a bit strange, but most of the people here are friendly... and nowhere near as messed up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-freezes-and-turns-white-or-white-with-stripes-402336.html
Relevancy 94.17%

We have several computers here that are all of a sudden having problems watching radar (weather channel - we're a landscape company)or any video or pictures that change. The screens either get white squares that keep coming up across the area or the area is completely white....several operating systems from XP to 7.

A:white squares or completely white screen

Are they all updated with the latest video card drivers, directx, and flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430429/white-squares-or-completely-white-screen/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have read and tried many different suggestions, but I have no idea what is going on. The white on my dad's laptop is showing up with thin aqua vertical stripes in it. I have tried many different things (system restore, updating drivers, etc) and nothing has worked. The only thing that helped a little was when I calibrated it and it made the white in the window look white, but everything on the desktop that was supposed to be white, was not.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks!

A:White is not showing up as white on laptop

Whatever it was, it has resolved itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/304909-white-not-showing-up-white-laptop.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi And thanks for reading this post Description Windows Starter netbook loads desktop is visible for about seconds then is taken over by a white screen with a submit box on the right bottom portion of the screen Other than a one-line warning that says You have seconds to connect to the to White How Virus Pop-Up Disable - White Screen? Screen internet there are no other messages or directions I suspect it is some type of flawed ransomware with an intelligent very well-hidden code From a USB using command prompt I've tried several dozen malware scanners including HitmanPro and MalwareBytes without success White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen? The computer was infected on and the virus seems to have deleted any previous restore point s The white screen virus locks up Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking The white screen also launches when trying to use explorer exe or opening up notepad to save a file to the desktop Tried to use a new user account to bypass the virus but the white screen locks up the new user account in the same way Safe Mode with Command Prompt works I am thankful to be here for some professional help and look forward to the learning experience I followed Bleeping Computer's directions and uploaded the relevant logs from a recently run Farbar scan Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

A:White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen?

Greetings RecycleZone and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please do this.===================================================Recovery Environment - MBR Dump Using Farbar's Recvovery Scan Tool and ListParts--------------------For this step you will need a USB device and start on a clean computer if necessary.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txtS3 catchme; \??\C:\Users\RZ\AppData\Local\Temp\catchme.sys [X]
S1 epp32; \??\D:\bin\epp32.sys [X]
U2 ERSvc; no ImagePath
U2 IAStorDataMgrsvc; no ImagePath
U2 NIHardwareService; no ImagePath
U2 NVSvc; no ImagePath
U0 Partizan; system32\drivers\Partizan.sys [X]
U2 srService; no ImagePath
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:E965A533
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\RZ\Documents\Opera_NI_stable.exe:BDU
C:\windows\system32\umstartup000.etl
SaveMbr: Drive=0
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool for 32 bit systems and save it to a USB device.Download ListParts for 32 bit systems and save it to your USB devicePlug the flashdrive into the infected PC and follow the 2 step process below to enter the System Recovery Options using one of the three options li... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597761/white-screen-virus-how-to-disable-white-pop-up-screen/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,I recently upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 Home, updated all drivers and almost done my entire setup. I noticed that the Wireless Button which is used to turn on Airplane Mode is working normally but the LED always stays white. I've done my best to update all my drivers (the ones provided at HP's own site is only upto Windows 8.1, so I had to do some tinkering in the OEM sites of the devices namely Mediatek, AMD etc.) but still no solution. Am I missing something?  I am attaching the Screenshots of the Bluetooth and Wireless Section here    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/F12-wireless-button-always-stays-white/td-p/5719316
Relevancy 89.01%

i'm Getting this message, when i try to change the desktop back, after removing some trojan horses and viruses: Windows Internet Explorer
"file:///C:/WINDOWS/privacy_danger/index.htm" wurde nicht gefunden. Stellen Sie sicher, dass der Pfad bzw. die Internetadresse richtig ist.

A:desktop stays white, appear + icons work

Welcome to TSF

Did you have a specialist help remove your trojan? If not The security team can help you with those. You are probably still infected. We cannot assist you with this issue here in the Microsoft Support Forum.

Please read this sticky: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f112...ed-203704.html

If you cannot complete any of the 5 steps for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed, and post your logs in The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you. However, it is very important to make mention of any of the steps that you were not able to complete.

After you?ve posted your logs, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are very busy.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-stays-white-appear-icons-work-287955.html
Relevancy 89.01%

What happened before the browsers wont work days ago a brandnew rogue antivirus Antivirus Scan slipped into my computer and went rampaging around showing fake virusses on my pc made it unable for me to open my taskmnr showing pop-ups and messed up my browsers saying that it would be quot dangerous quot to browse around Took me a whole night to figure out how to get rid of the mallware i downloaded attack. white rogue stays after Browser mallwarebytes but it coudnt find the virus it was outdated for days and could not update in the end i solved the problem by opening ccleaner in safe mode and disabled Browser stays white after rogue attack. the autorun searched back the pad deleted the file and then after a update let mallwarebytes do the rest on a leftover registery key and file which was found Problem When i open my browser now explorer amp bit amp firefox bit it wont get me anywere It keeps loading and it stays blank Strangly though Songbird who has a build-in firefox-like browser and HP s own internet browser do work Furthermore when i clicked the activationlink to use my account on this site firefox opened with a blank page yet when i tried again in the buildin browser off songbird it did sayd the account was already activated I tried -messing with the proxy it was on auto detection but turned it to no proxy i dont have a server here -reinstalling explorer and firefox and installed chrome to test if it was only with previous installed browsers resetting browsers -browsers are not set as work offline I have a HP DV us withMS Windows Home Premium -bit I have no idea what else i could try i hope its enough info thanks in advance for helping even without a solution a reply to show this thread is been looked trough is well appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

Hello! Can you help me? I have HP Pavilion dv7-6b54er with windows 10. My wireless button works, but it have only 1 colour (white). Why? When I had windows 7 it changed colour if wifi "on" or "off'.Wireless button had 2 colours: amber (wifi off) and white (wifi on). I have HP Wireless Button Driver the latest version (Nov 14, 2012). Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-button-stays-white-Pavilion-dv7/td-p/5845793
Relevancy 88.58%

I have an older laptop called a Quantex N30W. My operating system is XP professional w/ 128 ram and approx. 20 gigs of memory. Whenever I turn my laptop on the screen is just solid white. It seems the computer is starting up because I hear the hard drive spinning and the fan kicks on. I have actually taken it apart and checked for any loose connections. What else could be the problem.

A:Laptop LCD screen is white

1. has xp ever worked on this pc ?
2. do you have a vga port on the back of the notebook ?
3. have you tried a desktop monitor connected to the port ? you may have to go into bios @ boot up to tell the notebook to use external port, may require another reboot to take
4. have you pulled the main battery and power connector, reseated the ram
5. it is not a good sign, prob the onboard vid card is bad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-lcd-screen-is-white.491138/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I ve been given a laptop that my Mum could use while she s stuck in bed and that I could use for practice The donors get a new one every year so white of laptop a screen? Causes I hoped it might just need a good clean and updating They weren t sure but thought that was the case as they had been using it I think the battery s gone but it has an adapter Now I ve started Causes of a white laptop screen? it up it looks to me like the screen is Causes of a white laptop screen? gone my non-technical term - it s white I think they would have remembered if this had happened for them which makes me wonder if it could be anything else I m not at all familiar with laptops I haven t a manual but I m not sure about the Fn button or if the screen could be white if set to an external monitor I don t suppose I d be so lucky that this could be a graphics card or something I do think it s running otherwise as I can hear it and when it stopped making a noise I tried typing in the password - after I heard the familiar jingle so I knew things were running inside I m disappointed that it looks like something I can t work on but thought I d make sure if anyone knows of causes of a white screen I d really appreciate the feedback hope I m posting in the right place Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

I have a year old laptop and all of a sudden out of nowhere the LCD monitor goes white. I replaced the invertor in the the screen and it was fix for a little while but came back. I am desperate in finding a way to fix this. But, I can tell you that, my laptop is on right now and the screen is white, but I have another screen externally hooked up so I can use the thing. Please tell me this can be solved. I have done hours of research and nowhere have a found someone who has fixed this problem pernamently.. please help!!

A:My laptop has a white screen

I've split you off from the other post. I don't what what it good be, if I was guessing I'd say its a bad connection between the laptop and the screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-a-white-screen.573496/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have an hp g61 laptop and it comes on to login screen then my desk top shows up for a couple seconds then the screen just turns white and I can't do anything. I tried to boot up in safe mode but after safe mode comes up it logs off and shuts down. I got a administrator: cmd.exe screen to come up ando I put CHKDSK E and it says Windows has checked the file system and found no problems. Could you please help me, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Featherhorse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen-on-hp-g61-laptop.1098492/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello,

I have a compaq presario laptop, about 2 or 3 yrs old. My screen keeps going completely white w/ small lines shooting across the screen where you can see the regular screen. Whats weird about it is..I don't have to reboot or anything like that..depending on how wide I open up my laptop...it stops. Not that I try to use my laptop w/ it half closed or anything..lol But even when its at a 90 degree angle it goes white and it won't stop until I open it up some more and then it goes away. This has started happening a lot more often now then it used to. Can someone tell me why its doing this?

A:My Laptop Screen Keeps Going White!!

Sounds like the interface cable between the LCD panel in the lid and the motherboard has an broken conductor or two in the area where it passes through the hinge. It only makes cood contact through the break at certain angles of the lid. Depending on the purpose of the voltage or data signal passing through it, it could cause different symptoms such as the ones you mentioned.

EDIT: Forgetting my manners here. Hi mommamea, and welcome to TSG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-screen-keeps-going-white.772427/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a Gateway Laptop Windows 7, and everytime I turn it on the screen is completely white, and it won't do anything else. I need help on how to fix this. I'd appreciate the feedback.

A:Laptop Screen is white.

So you see nothing? Not even the Gateway Logo?

Can you hear the hard drive working at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-is-white-499814.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello I have built many new computers and rebuilt many old ones but never ran into anything like this I am rebuilding an HP Pavilion g - cl with a quot screen that would not boot up at all What I found was that the processor and video card were both bad The only motherboard that I could find for it was now try and follow this a g - dx The place I got it from told me that the g - dx was compatible with the Pavilion g - cl laptop I replaced the old board with the g and a new processor chip I was able to boot the system up The only thing that isn Laptop screen. white t working right is the laptop screen It lights up white but shows nothing on it at all To test the video card I connected an external monitor to the laptop and it shows the desktop like it should I replaced the video cable that runs from the motherboard to the screen but that didn t change it I even replaced the old screen with a new one and it does Laptop white screen. the same thing Any ides as to why this is happening nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

Hey I have an Acer Aspire s laptop and I appear to have a white screen on loadup after the laptop taking a bit of a bang There was no actual impact on the screen Laptop white LCD screen? itself When I opened it up I could still get a picture but when I moved the screen it would flicker between the good picture and the white screen with grey lines coming across the Laptop LCD white screen? screen I used it for a couple of days or so and then I moved the screen a little bit and that was it - white screen all the time The laptop can be used on an external monitor Can anyone help me in at least diagnosing the problem I have a hardware diagnostics software so if anybody knows what I could look out for on there which would give me any clues that would be great I am unfortunately a poor student so I would like to exhaust all avenues before I go and pay to get it repaired Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Laptop LCD white screen?

It sounds to me that the internal plug for the screen is only partially seated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-lcd-white-screen.1097999/
Relevancy 88.15%

I was on the website and it worked fine. Then i did my usual updates for my laptop and a virus scan. After that I tried to get back on the website but the brower will be done loading but all i get is a blank white page. Some please help.

A:cant access game-oldies.com. Web page stays white???

I'm just getting a white screen there too. May be a problem on their end.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/cant-access-gameoldiescom-web-page-stays-white/203555.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all,

I am having a problem when i install windows xp, i have deleted the partition using the windows xp partition tool i have re-create an ntfs partition of 160 gig and quick formated it.

The first stage if the installation of windows will copy the file and reboot. At this reboot, my computer will try to reboot but will stays at the DOS black screen with a blinking cursor, it will stays there forever without starting to boot.

Any help?

A:Install XP stays to Dos white blinking cursor before boot

restart the comp and install windows again but dont use the quick format, its crap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-xp-stays-to-dos-white-blinking-cursor-before-boot.57615/
Relevancy 87.29%

i just replaced my compaq presario cq60-420us screen, but after changing it, all it shows is a solid white screen. the laptop works perfectly when hooked up to an external monitor. please anyone know how i can get picture back up on my screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solid-white-screen-on-laptop.920921/
Relevancy 87.29%

My HP Pavilion G4 laptop screen is white when I turn it on. When connected to an external monitor, it works fine. Any suggestions for the cause and a solution?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Laptop Screen Turns White

If the external monitor is fine, then you know the problem is from the mother board cable connection to the screen itself.  The problem point for notebooks is where the cable goes through the hinge.  You could try to wiggle that to see if the picture changes. The other possibility is that the connection from the cable to the screen has come loose and the final solution I can think of is that the screen itself is bad.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-Screen-Turns-White/td-p/1817009
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi,

My Dell laptop's only a year old, and its started randomly going white, with faint lines across it occasionally. I've found that I can fix it temporarily by pressing the F1 key (which doubles as the toggle between monitors). Anyone know what the problem is/how I can fix it?

Cheers

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2932 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 1242 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 59999 MB, Free - 16902 MB; D: Total - 168371 MB, Free - 113333 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 08CNC9, A13, .5ZDN8M1.CN486430562094.
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-screen-goes-white.999879/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have two white lines down my monitor. They always appear when the monitor is on, but not when the monitor is off. Any ideas? I can't take a screenshot of it, so it isn't an OS thing (I think). I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Relevancy 87.29%

Hi Guys
The other day while using my dads laptop, i closed the screen, and on reopening it, it displayed a blank white screen.

I turned it off and back on again. It seem to be booting normally until it was time for the desktop to load, at which time the white screen returned. It boots in safe mode and i tried a system restore, which was unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Laptop boots to White Screen

Go back in through safe mode, disable Hibernation in your power management settings, and then look for and delete a file called hiberfil.sys.

Restart your laptop and hopefully it will spring back to normal - however you will lose what you were working on as it went into hibernation.

Microsoft have produced a fix for the Hibernation bug somewhere, if you need to use Hibernation that is.

Please try this at your own risk, as you may have to restore/reinstall XP if it doesn't work. Backing up vital data is important.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-boots-to-white-screen.793856/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have an Acer Travelmate 230/280 series laptop. I recently upgraded the RAM. It was working fine. But now while the laptop reboots and I can hear the Windows startup (and shutdown) music, I cant see anything on the screen.

All I see is a blank/white screen.

Any idea what this could be?

Relevancy 87.29%

I am in dire need of some HELP! Please! I have a laptop Acer with Win7 it is running so slow and get a white screen then it wont allow me to do anything at all! So frustrating!!! I have done all updates, defragged... Please I'm about ready to chunk it out the window!!! Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Relevancy 87.29%

My computer was working fine the last time I successfully used it, which was about 24hrs ago. Today, I opened the laptop, and when the screen turned on, it was solid white.  Tried CTRL+ALT+DEL, Windows key, etc but computer did not respond.  Had to hold down power button to restart -- screen went straight to white when it turned back on.  Tried to get to Safe Mode by restarting again and pressing F8, no luck.  Tried letting the computer just sit with the white screen, nothing happened. I honestly have no idea what could have caused this.  No error messages, no recent updates or installations, etc.Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-goes-white-when-start-laptop/td-p/5657958
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a toshiba satellite laptop. During use the screen has started going pure white. The only way to get the display back is to turn it off and back on again. It often flickers. I think it is a connection issue. Is there a way I can check this myself ?
If I plug another monitor into the back when in this state, the other monitor shows the display with no problems, so I don't think it is the video card or motherboard. Any ideas and is it possible to
Thx.

A:Toshiba laptop screen goes white

Toshiba Satellite Laptop Goes White

It just start doing this, How do I fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-screen-goes-white.51993/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi,When i start my laptop after few minute its screen goes white and i can't see any flicker on this. I tried to repair but that doesn't help me. also, sometime screen goes off but i can see the laptop is running. It look like motherboard problem with graphics card.  System configuration: Windows vista Ultimate 64 bitHP pavilion dv6000 RegardsVed Agrawal 

A:Screen goes white when start laptop

Have you tried connecting an external display to your laptop?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-goes-white-when-start-laptop/td-p/77262
Relevancy 87.29%

How do i connect my computer to my tv to have an external screen to see if the laptop works but not the screen, but i will take all suggestions to fix the screen on the laptop.I have tried removing the battery and power cable and pushing down on the start button for a minute then reconnecting the power cable and turning it on. It came back briefly then went back white. Now anytime i try this process i get nothing just stays white. Thanking you in advanceStephen

A:My hp 2000 laptop screen went white, I have tried some of th...

Dear Customer,  1)  To determine whether its the Drivers or the Hardware Screen, please try to go the BIOS by tapping F10 Key at the Start up.a) If you see the same white screen on the BIOS screen aswell. It could be a screen issue.b) If you see BIOS screen, then the screen and the laptop both are fine. 2) To connect to external monitor you have to use VGA cable connecting from your laptop VGA port to the external monitor.NOTE: Make sure its a working monitor. Please go through the below document:http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-series/5145724/model/5180004/document/c03504...  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-hp-2000-laptop-screen-went-white-I-have-tried-some-of-the/td-p/5827554
Relevancy 87.29%

i bought HP 15-ac646TX model laptop on july 2016 and now a white spot are been visiable in the laptop screen can i claim replacment of the lcd screen since its under warrenty period

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/white-spot-on-laptop-screen/td-p/5832877
Relevancy 87.29%

All I am faced with this peculiar problem and need help on this When I start my Dell Vostro laptop it will show up Screen White on Dell laptop white screen on my LCD no bios loading message etc and not boot up I connected an external monitor to my laptop White Screen on Dell laptop and I was able to see the BIOS loading messages but Vista got corrupted from some reason and hence not booting I could understand that OS is gone but what I don t understand why my LCD is white and not showing up BIOS loading messages Also I tried restoring the factory default image on the disk but it would still not boot Also a couple of days back I did see some vertical white lines on screen but a restart removed it so I kinda ignored it Do you White Screen on Dell laptop think LCD has gone bad How can I ensure that I still have warranty on this one so I could send it back for repair But I White Screen on Dell laptop would prefer doing it myself than spending cycles with support thoughts or things I should try nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-screen-on-dell-laptop.142016/
Relevancy 87.29%

So, when I use my laptop, the screen randomly goes white for a few seconds at random times, I haven't tried anything yet but I am sure it is not software related at all as it once happened on the start up on the bios splash screen, my laptop is a Fujitsu Lifebook AH530 using integrated graphics.

A:Laptop screen randomly going white

With no actual Windows 7 errors of any kind (? and 7 is running fine otherwise?) and sounding like it's a serious hardware problem:

It does this when in Linux too?

Other than checking the RAM out not much else can be done.

Any warranty left?

Fujitsu contact info:

Greece (Service Desk language: Greek)

All products (without Displays)Telephone:+30 210 6863700

Opening hours:Monday - Friday from 09:00 - 17:00(UTC+2)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291178-laptop-screen-randomly-going-white.html
Relevancy 87.29%

When I'm on my computer sometimes it just crashes and turns I my laptop Occasionally a on white/ screen get white or gray The last time this happened I had a Bluetooth adapter ASUS USB-BT plugged in from earlier in the day I unplugged it and the screen immediately turned pitch black presumably off When this happens I have absolutely no control over my computer I cant open task manager or Ctrl alt delete I've searched this and so far I've only gotten that its a RAM problem but I don't think it is in my case I say this because I Occasionally I get a white/ screen on my laptop have GB and I constantly have task manager open and I've never seen over used except when on a game or using something like a screen recorder and it has never crashed while doing those things The weird thing is And this may just be a coincidence but Youtube has been open every time it has crashed times Weather it was just one short song in another tab while doing something else or just browsing my subscriptions I used to bear with it and didn't worry about it too much when it only happened once a month if that Now its happening weekly and it kind of worries me Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Occasionally I get a white/ screen on my laptop

Hi laungst, welcome to Seven Forums.

Similar thing happened to me when I upgraded my Outpost Firewall Pro without removing old version first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239749-occasionally-i-get-white-screen-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 87.29%

When using my dell laptop, the screen will get quick tiny color lines and then go white blank and the only way to get it back up is to close my computer and wait about 2 minutes and sometimes I have to do this several times. This usually only happens if my computer is not plugged but also happens when it is just not as often. Any suggestions you have would be awesome! Thanks!

A:Laptop Screen goes white blank

Download System Information for Windows (SIW free version)No installation required.After it scans your computer, navigate to Hardware>Sensors and post all info from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400264/laptop-screen-goes-white-blank/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a Philips Freevent X54 laptop 2gb memory + Nvidia Go 7400 graphics card. It's worked perfectly since I've owned it (2+ yrs). Suddenly this week I am having trouble with the display.

50% of the time it boots to a completly white screen. The rest of the time it displays white or multicoloured vertical line randomly all over the screen and then I get the blue screen of death complaining of a memory error.

I can sometimes boot to safe mode with vga display mode. I have tried updating the display drivers but it made no difference.

If anyone can give me any advice I would be grateful.

Cheers

A:Freevents X54 Laptop - white screen

Don't connect to the mains, make sure your X54 is shut off and try removing the battery for about 20 seconds then put it back. You may just have a static build up, it happens occasionally, anyway something you could try first. Has worked for me on occasions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freevents-x54-laptop-white-screen.795263/
Relevancy 86.43%

when i turn my laptop on the screen is just white but i can still hear the hard drive running and i hooked it up to an external monitor and i see everything on the monitor but not on my laptop screen. What is the problem ? and how can i fix it? do i need a new screen?

A:my laptop screen turns white when i turn it on

Yes Tariq_01. That indicates for the replacement of the display panel.Before that, I suggest you do a hard reset.Shut down the system.Unplug AC adapter, disconnect it from laptopDisconnect all the external peripheral devices attached.Remove the batteryPress and hold POWER button on the laptop for 15-30 seconds.Wait for few minutesConnect batteryPlug in AC adapterPower on.If this doesn't help, only option left is display panel replacement. Contact HP in your region.Hope it resolved your issue,thanks,***PLEASE CLICK "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM******CLICK KUDOS IF YOU APPRECIATE MY REPLY***

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-laptop-screen-turns-white-when-i-turn-it-on/td-p/4127810
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,

I just replaced my LCD screen. Now when I'm booting it up, all I get is a white screen. I have an external moniter connected with an HDMI cord, but that moitor is not reading anything also. Any idea what's going on? In case it's important, before replacing the screen, I did see a blue screen pop up. I completely shut down the laptop when that happened, then replaced the screen.

Thanks for your help!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/white-screen-on-toshiba-laptop-while-booting-up-414332.html
Relevancy 86.43%

My laptop screen has suddenly developed a white rectangle in the middle. It is 1cm high, and 3cm across. I cannot get rid of it. Is this bad news, or is there anything I can do about it?

Relevancy 86.43%

across the top of the screen on my laptop Toshiba computer there is a long white strip.  At the very left of the strip is a capital D in blue and next to it are a faded  arrow pointing left, a faded arrow pointing right, and a faded capital C. Next to those are the words Search the Web.  This started some time ago and I have done system restores but it is still there.    Would anyone know what is causing this?  Thank you.   Anna Ruth

A:long white strip across screen on laptop

Sounds like a rogue search toolbar...run all your protection apps.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153545.0.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Alright guys!

Just throwing this question out there.

My boss gave me a computer to play with a few days ago.
It is a very old laptop from HP.

HP Compaq nx5000.

The problem is that when I try to start the computer the screen turns white and nothing else happens. No matter how long I keep it on. So i removed the battery and tried to have a very causious look inside but found nothing out of the ordinary. That beeing said I have never opend a laptop before.
Any suggestions?

Hyper

A:Laptop screen turns white on upstart.

Does it seem to continue booting, even though you cannot see anything? Do you get the mfr. splash screen? POST? Have you tried an external monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-turns-white-on-upstart.851935/
Relevancy 86.43%

When my friend turns on their xp laptop the screen goes white, then black and won't do anything. The cursor is on the screen and looks like it is loading but nothing ever happens.

A:When turning on XP laptop screen goes white, then black

May be caused by a bad hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-turning-on-xp-laptop-screen-goes-white-then-black.154162/
Relevancy 86.43%

After the Windows 7 swirly color start up, I seem to be frozen on a screen with a white mouse cursor on a blank black screen. Any help/advice would be appreciated at this point. Just let me know the details you need in order to help me.

A:Laptop: white cursor on black screen

What external devices are attached to the system?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503033/laptop-white-cursor-on-black-screen/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi guys I am having a problem deducing the issue with a friend s laptop It s a Toshiba Equium U not sure the rest of the specs are relevant Basically the screen ONLY works if it is angled all the way back And it works perfectly fine in this position However if you try to angle the screen down in a closing direction the screen will immediately turn white You can then tilt the screen backwards again and press FN F shortcut for Laptop at most screen white turns angles alternate display and it will flash back to life again I assume that it is a cable connection issue And would rule out faulty LCD inverter if it works at one angle I have tried researching this and have only found issues where the screen turns black not white I don t have my screwdrivers with me and cannot open the Laptop screen turns white at most angles screen yet to check connections I am just curious if anyone knows if this behaviour is linked to motherboard etc Thanks in advance for any replies Josh nbsp

A:Laptop screen turns white at most angles

The LCD video cable is being pinched by one of the top hinges. It may be permanently damaged and will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-turns-white-at-most-angles.172263/
Relevancy 86.43%

hello,

my laptop screen has been going blank showing different colours. this happens when i am watching something on firefox after a prolonged time but if i restart it's fine. the whole screen goes blank (sometimes white, sometimes blue, black even orange). it's windows xp, sony viao (about 3 yrs old). Can anybody help me?

Thanking in advance

Relevancy 86.43%

I have a curious error occurring on an Advent laptop loaned to me by a friend A few days ago it booted just fine and was running well but tonight I fired it up and got a blank white screen with some fine lines vertically No bootup splash screen no HDD check - it s just white from the moment the machine comes on The laptop shunts around a bit then all HDD activity stops the screen goes off and it goes through the same thing all over again Nothing has been installed updated modified or hacked about with - it simply decided not to come back up again I plugged my monitor into the laptop to ascertain whether it may be screen failure and I get vertical black and white bars The laptop had been left without power for some days so the battery may be low I have googled some but have boot Laptop white shows screen at found nothing of significant relevance and wondered whether anyone else has encountered this before I fear that deep down it may be hardware failure and in all honesty being a bloody Advent it s likely to be Any ideas before I tell the person who loaned it to me Best nbsp

A:Laptop shows white screen at boot

I came across this link, perhaps it may help:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13797

If it does not help then perhaps it may give you an idea or two..

Laptops really are not my thing!

regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shows-white-screen-at-boot.271427/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi all:

Recently my HP pavillion zv6000 will not load up properly. When I press the power button, it will load past the HP Invent logo and then just shows a white-blank screen and nothing else. I connected it to an external monitor and it still shows the white-blank screen on the external monitor. I did an HDD test in the BIOS and the hard disk passed the test. I un-seated the ram and re-seat it but still I get white-blank screen.

Safe mode cannot load properly. When I select safe mode it starts to load safe mode but stops at the begining of the white loading bars at the bottom of the screen. Please help out some one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-displays-white-blank-screen.900254/
Relevancy 86.43%

my screen on my u41-70 laptop flashes black/white when moving the screen up and down (no problem while the screen is stable, but want to fix the problem before it gets really bad) Leif, Norway

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/u41-70-laptop-screen-flashing-white-black/td-p/3335919
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi folks,

Working on my laptop for about an hour and closed it. Booted it back up 15 minutes later and opened Firefox...all of a sudden the screen started turning white. Ctrl+alt+delete to reboot and the same thing happened in the start screen. Not sure if this is virus or hardware related. Would love some input!

Cheers,
Tina

Relevancy 86.43%

Hello HP Support nbsp I need white screen Vertical line on laptop the your help nbsp I have an nbsp HP Pavilion Notebook - n el energy star nbsp Product number F R EA ABZ running on nbsp Windows -bit System Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz GHz RAM GB Processor Graphics in use Intel R HD Graphics GOP version nbsp Since yesterday after some updates probably but I don't know which ones a white vertical line has appeared on the right-hand side of the screen and it doesn't go away nbsp I cannot watch films or videos do any work without this line disturbing the screen it is really annoying and unpleasant nbsp Everything else is normal and running properly I think nbsp Vertical white line on the laptop screen I have tried to solve it by downloading updated versions of the graphics processor but when I go to your website for my laptop there are three downloads recommended for the graphics processor nbsp Driver per scheda grafica Intel ad alta definizione HD - - Versione M nbsp orDriver scheda grafica NVIDIA - - Versione M nbsp orDriver per scheda grafica AMD ad alta definizione HD - - Versione M nbsp I don't know which one I have to download so I have not downloaded any and in any case I don't know whether that would solve my problem nbsp Can you please help me nbsp nbsp Many Thanks in advance Patrizia

A:Vertical white line on the laptop screen

Hey Patrizia,Welcome to the HP Forums!The first steps that you should attempt is to make sure that the vertical white lines do not appear in the BIOS. To do this I have included the steps below.1. Turn off your computer2. Make sure you have connected the power cable3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedlyOnce you are in the BIOS, if the lines are still present, it is likely a hardware failure. The next two steps may resolve the issue. The first one is to do a hard reset. I have included the document 'Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset'. The next and final step is to perform a BIOS update. I have included the information here for you 'Updating the BIOS'.Let me know if the issue does not appear in the BIOS.Hope this helps!

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-white-line-on-the-laptop-screen/td-p/3835370
Relevancy 86.43%

My Asus x54l screen turns white and flickers I don't use it anymore because of this. THE STORY: one day I cracked it in a couple months later it started turning white and screens now it usually is just white I thought I just might need to buy a new screen but I'm not sure What do you think?

Thanks

Relevancy 86.43%

My windows professional bit on my laptop has a problem Everytime I turn it on my laptop screen is white and fades in some hints of black and nothing shows up However sometimes I on External Fine? is Screen White Laptop but am able to get a display on an external monitor Before my computer loads my desktop it does a startup repair What ends up happening is that it does a system restore and my computer is able to boot up normally on my external monitor laptop screen still white Once everything loads my computer automatically looks for and installs a VGA controller driver at this point I am suspecting something may be wrong with my graphics card because I no longer have the windows aero theme Once the VGA drivers are installed my computer says it White Screen on Laptop but External is Fine? has to restart so that changes can be made After the restart everything is back to normal with my laptop screen working again and now I White Screen on Laptop but External is Fine? have the aero theme again What is the problem I've been trying to fix this for weeks It should be noted that I can't always get the display onto my external so I have to keep on force restarting holding onto the power button until I can get it on the external I installed a new driver for my graphics card and it hasn't fixed the problem I know there is a virus on my computer file is tdx sys I am going to replace that file with a new one following some instructions from another forum but I don't want to do that yet because I am currently writing exams and not much of a tech savvy person I don't want to mess around with system files until at least after my exams so I can back up everything What I am hoping for is maybe another way to fix this problem because the virus may not have to do with this Would love to hear some suggestions Thanks everyone

A:White Screen on Laptop but External is Fine?

Hi skuan, Welcome to the forums, first and foremost download malwarebytes Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer sort out the virus now ,don't leave it any longer!!! . When you have cured the viral problem we will sort out the graphics problem .Post back with the make/model of your laptop and tell us what operating system was originally installed

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203255-white-screen-laptop-but-external-fine.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805, what would cause a no-boot, no-beep, no-bios screen condition, where all I see is a black screen with a white line on the left. I hear fans, lights show for power, battery, charging, etc. Will not boot from CD, nothing. Is it the screen or something? Is it worth even repairing?

A:Laptop - white lines on screen, no boot

check it out, use the charts to determine your best route of solving the problem

http://www.daileyint.com/hmdpc/repair.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-white-lines-on-screen-no-boot.708646/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am using a Compaq Presario V since Win XP Home AMD Sempron ATI Radeon Xpress M Gb Ram Since the last couple months once in a few weeks while I am using my computer my Screen Rainbow turns / White Laptop screen turns to what is depicted in the Image file attached here Earlier it Laptop Screen turns White / Rainbow would fix itself in about a minute or two Or I d have to move or twist the screen a bit But recently the only fix that works is a restart I can not see anything on the screen and thus use a keyboard shortcut for restart From what I have read around its probably the Inverter or whatever is the chip behind the screen frame where it says quot Compaq quot that is troubled and replacing it would fix it But before I take it to HP and get myself ripped off I could use some advice Thanks a ton and ask if there s any more info that is required PS The picture does not reflect the rainbow colors because the colors are due to the background During me clicking the picture there was nothing running I guess nbsp

A:Laptop Screen turns White / Rainbow

Since no one has any info here, I'll post what I learn. Might help others.

Since the backlight is working fine, it is not and Inverter or a Backlight Issue.
And I can hook it to a external monitor (when my screen is knocked out) and it works fine. Thus motherboard and video card are fine as well.

That leaves us with the LCD wiring / cable and the Panel in itself.
I have decided to wait for a few days before I take it to a tech because I do not move the panel at all and it seems to be stable for now.

Will update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-turns-white-rainbow.919904/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello HP support, Last month my laptop has some hinge problem so I fixed that by changing hinges. After that when I turned on my laptop, the screen got white and after some time it works normal. In background it's working, It gets ON because when screen gets normal it shows desktop but it does not seeing in front. After somedays the the screen again got white lines and it cannot come in normal screen. Sometimes I shake my my laptop it goes normal but now it is not get normal. It shows white screen. It may some loose connection in screen. I don't know exactly.  model: Pavilion g6 2206txRam: 4 gbgraphic card: AMD 2 gb HDD: 500 gb

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-screen-appeared-when-power-up-the-laptop/td-p/5649565
Relevancy 86.43%

There are more and more white patches appearing on my laptop screen. How to resolve this? I tried calling hp support service singapore hotline but no one answers. My warranty is expiring soon. I need help asap.

A:White patches at both sides of laptop screen

Hi @yuensiong, Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that your got white patches on the laptop screen. Is the HP Support contact number you called is +65 6272 5300 (8:30am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excl Public Holiday)) in Singapore? Also, you can connect an external screen to the laptop to test if the problem is with the hardware or with the driver. If external screen works well, it is the hardware issue with the laptop screen, and the laptop screen need to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-patches-at-both-sides-of-laptop-screen/td-p/5642619
Relevancy 86.43%

My Old Lap Top died. My sweet sister gave me her old Dell Lap Top. There is only one BIG Problem, She forgot the user code for access on the White Screen. We have tried all the I think it was and now I need help because Dell will not help. Is there a fix or are we best to junk the beast. The only reason she got a new computer is because she never did anything to maintain the system and got tired of it running so slow. Please Help!

A:White Screen Lockout Dell Laptop

from TSG Rules

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

Requesting Mod to close thread...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen-lockout-dell-laptop.1114492/
Relevancy 85.57%

Well, when i logged in, the Webroot Security said it will expire in 3 days, i dismissed it...opened up minecraft, being the second day after 1.8, I destroyed a block in minecraft, and my computer crashed with a white screen and blue stripes going verticly down. I panicked and spamed the ctrl alt del, ctrl alt, esc, then unplugged t, and took out the battery in panic.
Now whenever i turn it on, it gives a black screen, it still runs but it doesnt do anything more. Can i please have any suggestions, tips, tricks, and or help on getting around this?

Edit: Forgot to mention it is a Toshiba, model no. PSK2LU - 001003

A:Laptop crashed with white screen and blue stripes

Hi explosm357 and Welcome to TSF,

How far the boot process do you get? I'm just curious as to if you see anything at all in the beginning, the black/white text?

As my first thought it's a hardware issue, so i'll move it over to the hardware part, so we can still use this thread.

You could try another monitor, and try tilting the screen up/down to see if it reacts in any way. Does the PC turn hot if you have it on for a while?

It's either a GPU or PSU fault i'd suspect.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-crashed-with-white-screen-and-blue-stripes-601626.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a lenovo laptop,Z580 Today out of nowhere the whole screen turned white. I shut down the laptop but when i tried to reboot,The screen was still white.Something told me to just remove the battery and see if that would at least get it to boot and here i am,However,the battery is currently out. What could be the problem?Will it happen again? I only have a month left until work starts again,Can't have it breaking </3

A:Lenovo Laptop Screen Turns White Upon Boot?

Hmm sounds like you may have a monitor problem mate - can you get into safe mode?? if you can run these
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

NB SFC best run for about three runs

if no go then do these
SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
AdwCleaner Download
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

One last thing try leaving the battery out unplug form the power source and hold down the power button for around 10-20 seconds and then power up again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398335-lenovo-laptop-screen-turns-white-upon-boot.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all nbsp I've had a search on the forum for the same issue but there doesn't seem to be any issue exactly matching doesn't Laptop ... - recognise - White Flex screen 14 this so posting nbsp I Flex 14 - White screen - Laptop doesn't recognise ... bought an IdeaPad Flex about months ago It was fine up til about months ago Then it started to boot to a white screen everytime it's switched on It doesn't matter if that is from Shutdown hibernate or sleep As soon as the power button is pressed there is a white screen there is no booting information or Lenovo logo first just straight to a white screen nbsp If connected to an external display TV or monitor then the nd display will show what you would expect boot information Lenovo logo windows login When you get to the desktop everything nbsp as expected and all apps working nbsp You can also change the display settings to duplicate and the laptop display will change from white to windows desktop and the external display remains on desktop so duplicate working fine If you change to extend also working as expected Unplug the HDMI cable and back to white screen on the laptop nbsp I've noticed when you go into display options that the laptop seems to think that the laptop display is the nd display I e if you click identify the external nbsp display flashes a and the laptop flashes a It's possible to change all this so that it's the other way around laptop display now shows You can now unplug the HDMI cable assuming you are on either the nbsp duplicate or display PC only option and the laptop display shows the windows desktop you can use the laptop for hours with no issue nbsp As soon as it sleeps or hibernates or shuts down when you start it up again it's back to a white screen Connecting it to an external display the settings are back to how they were again laptop display is display and external is display nbsp When the laptop has the white screen there is never any flickering just a solid white screen When the external display is attached or the display settings changed the laptop display responds immediately nbsp and is constant until another change is made Trying to make it clear that it isn't an intermittent fault and that it obeys very clear rules nbsp I've tried updating various display nbsp and other drivers and also regressing to earlier versions one version at a time - still the same issue I've looked in the BIOS settings and made changes carefully after researching and then changed them back again - still same issue I've tried a windows refresh wipe everything nbsp except personal files - still the same issue I've tried a windows reset wipe absolutely everything - still same issue nbsp I'm not sure it's a nbsp hardware issue but possibly a driver or firmware issue In my limited knowledge I would say that at some fundamental nbsp level the default setting for the laptop is set to something other than the laptop display and this needs changing But I can't find any reference nbsp on how to do this nbsp The laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad Flex running Windows nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

A:Flex 14 - White screen - Laptop doesn't recognise ...

Not likely a general firmware flaw as I've not seen this discussed before. Unless reflashing the bios helps (so you have a corrupted bios) or resetting the firmware to factory default settings then I fear a hardware fault. Sounds like something to do with the screen rotation mechanism as connecting a second monitor as the primary will force landscape rotation (simply disabling rotation may have an effect, may not). Thing is, this is happening before even the bios is fully engaged so it feels like a problem with the hardware mechanism/detector. Do try imaging the drive then restoring to factory install. Just in case it is the UEFI boot mechanism getting messed up. This is just my thinking. I may, of course, be very wrong. This is where I would start to work it out from though.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-14-White-screen-Laptop-doesn-t-recognise-own-display-as/td-p/2049900
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all I am totally lost I have a Sony Vaio vgn fz m which runs Vista One day after closing the lid I tried using it in the morning and it wouldn t turn vista on I thought it commas not white screen Vaio with Laptop working is hard Vaio Laptop white screen with commas not working drive so I bought a new one and tried running recovery discs Thee screen comes up as white with lots of commas and some misspelled text I tried changing BIOS setting to default values with no effect I also tried swapping RAM also no effect Safe mode works fine When I tried windows recovery at the very beginning I could see that last change was Windows update right the night before laptop stopped working What is wrong with this machine Is it motherboard Is it something else here is the picture of what it looks like http email protected in photostream Thank you R OK now I have installed Windows bit on this laptop original was bit Vista Laptop kind of works now but I can t see the graphics adapter in device manager Basically the graphics card is not working or something And I can t install the driver for it either error message says it is not found Any ideas what is wrong with it and what else could I try Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-laptop-white-screen-with-commas-not-working.1063667/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, Can somebody kindly help me. After isntalling Windows 7 on my ACER 5520G, when I select a program e.g calculator for example my backgrond picture disappears and goes white and has no desktop icons available on the desktop panel on tye bottom of the screen. I have to select the Microsoft key to get back the background and icons, this is very annoying. Can someone please provide some help?

regards

A:Acer Laptop white screen and no background after win 7 installation

Quote:

Originally Posted by datkins888

Hi, Can somebody kindly help me. After isntalling Windows 7 on my ACER 5520G, when I select a program e.g calculator for example my backgrond picture disappears and goes white and has no desktop icons available on the desktop panel on tye bottom of the screen. I have to select the Microsoft key to get back the background and icons, this is very annoying. Can someone please provide some help?

regards

What operating system did you have before you installed windows 7?

what is your system specs?

Things that could be wrong

1. Loose connection between the video cable and the LCD screen.
2. Defective LCD screen.
3. Defective motherboard (I assume the graphics card is integrated into the motherboard).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-laptop-white-screen-and-no-background-after-win-7-installation-491215.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I had thick on boot laptop up screen S6240 on fujitsu White white vertical line going through middle of the screen I thought it is monitor problem so I put my White screen on boot up on fujitsu S6240 laptop spare wxga screen to test it However I could see nothing from spare screen and when I connected old one it only showed white screen The old one was xga screen and I found out it usees same pin connector but different cabling I thought it might be cable damage so I replaced it with new screen along with inverter and video cable but I am getting the same white screen on boot up White screen on boot up on fujitsu S6240 laptop so I removed back light cable and left video cable to see if it shows anything and that did not show anything I left back light on and no video cable and that showed same white screen Due to the fact that external monitor is working I don t think video card is damaged I think connecting wxga monitor onto xga connection messed up the motherboard but how can I fix the motherboard I White screen on boot up on fujitsu S6240 laptop read something about reflow soldering in the oven but will that fix the problem in the case like mine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen-on-boot-up-on-fujitsu-s6240-laptop.905959/
Relevancy 85.57%

While using my Gateway laptop it will frequently fade white and freeze. This problem is sporadic at times and constant other times. I cannot figure out a pattern to the problem. I am unclear whether this is a software or harware problem. All I really know is that it is really annoying. I am wondering if anyone out there could help me diagnose this problem. Sometimes, faded white lines appear on the screen and become more intense, depending on the amount of time it is frozen. The problem can last anywhere from a second to almost a minute. When it fades you can still see the the monitor picture kind of, but like I said it is blurred. Someone please help!

A:Gateway Laptop Screen Fades Out To White And Freezes

Have you plugged in an external monitor to see if it happens then?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33746/gateway-laptop-screen-fades-out-to-white-and-freezes/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all nbsp I've had a search on the forum for the same issue but there doesn't seem to be any issue exactly matching this so posting nbsp I bought an IdeaPad Flex about months ago It was fine up til about months ago Then it recognise - screen Laptop White displa... doesn't own started to boot to a white screen everytime it's switched on It doesn't matter if that is from White screen - Laptop doesn't recognise own displa... Shutdown hibernate or sleep As soon as the power button is pressed there is a white screen there is no booting information or Lenovo logo first just straight to a white screen nbsp If connected to an external display TV or monitor then the nd display will show what you would expect boot information Lenovo logo windows login When you get to the desktop everything nbsp as expected and all apps working nbsp You can also change the display settings to duplicate and the laptop display will change from white to windows desktop and the external display remains on desktop so duplicate working fine If you change to extend also working as expected Unplug the HDMI cable and back to white screen on the laptop nbsp I've noticed when you go into display options that the laptop seems to think that the laptop display is the nd display I e if you click identify the external nbsp display flashes a and the laptop flashes a It's possible to change all this so that it's the other way around laptop display now shows You can now unplug the HDMI cable assuming you are on either the nbsp duplicate or display PC only option and the laptop display shows the windows desktop you can use the laptop for hours with no issue nbsp As soon as it sleeps or hibernates or shuts down when you start it up again it's back to a white screen Connecting it to an external display the settings are back to how they were again laptop display is display and external is display nbsp When the laptop has the white screen there is never any flickering just a solid white screen When the external display is attached or the display settings changed the laptop display responds immediately nbsp and is constant until another change is made Trying to make it clear that it isn't an intermittent fault and that it obeys very clear rules nbsp I've tried updating various display nbsp and other drivers and also regressing to earlier versions one version at a time - still the same issueI've looked in the BIOS settings and made changes carefully after researching and then changed them back again - still same issueI've tried a windows refresh wipe everything nbsp except personal files - still the same issueI've tried a windows reset wipe absolutely everything - still same issue nbsp I'm not sure it's a nbsp hardware issue but possibly a driver or firmware issue In my limited knowledge I would say that at some fundamental nbsp level the default setting for the laptop is set to something other than the laptop display and this needs changing But I can't find any reference nbsp on how to do this nbsp The laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad Flex running Windows

A:White screen - Laptop doesn't recognise own displa...

Not likely a general firmware flaw as I've not seen this discussed before. Unless reflashing the bios helps (so you have a corrupted bios) or resetting the firmware to factory default settings then I fear a hardware fault. Sounds like something to do with the screen rotation mechanism as connecting a second monitor as the primary will force landscape rotation (simply disabling rotation may have an effect, may not). Thing is, this is happening before even the bios is fully engaged so it feels like a problem with the hardware mechanism/detector. Do try imaging the drive then restoring to factory install. Just in case it is the UEFI boot mechanism getting messed up. This is just my thinking. I may, of course, be very wrong. This is where I would start to work it out from though.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/White-screen-Laptop-doesn-t-recognise-own-display-as-default/td-p/2049900
Relevancy 85.14%

I've got a problem with my laptop a HP G - DX First a little history This was my wife's laptop until she dropped it and broke the display screen We hooked it up to a monitor and she was good to go Last Christmas I got her a new computer and again she was all set In the screen a white blank shows screen laptop New just meanwhile I've been using this old Dell laptop from with WinXP in it Works but is slow as all get out A few months ago I decided to use my wife's old computer for myself It comes with Windows and works quite well Last June I made the mistake of trying New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen the Windows upgrade and what a disaster that turned out to be So I reverted back to Win but I lost all the drivers that came with it so New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen I was stuck So recently I bought a new screen for my wife's old computer and I New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen installed it today So guess what The screen works fine but all I get is a blank white screen Nothing at all It's as if the computer can't display anything at all I just don't understand it The computer fires up but that's it No start screen no nothing Just a blank white screen Anybody have any ideas as to what's wrong and how I could fix this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621566/new-laptop-screen-shows-just-a-blank-white-screen/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300-PSLB8E. I initially bought it with Windows Vista already installed on it. After some years I changed the operating system to Windows 7 Ultimate. I installed the display and all other necessary drivers (i.e sound, network, etc).

After installing Windows 7, when I use the laptop for some time the screen goes all white and the laptop hangs. This happens spontaneously. Sometimes it happens in less than 10 min and other times it can work perfectly for hours on. I have checked for loose batteries and other components but everything seems fine.

The only physical damage it has is a tiny crack on the screen at the bottom right corner of the screen. Could it be that the operating system isn't good? Should I put back windows Vista as it was?

Please advise and assist me figure out what is wrong with the laptop.

A:Satellite L300-PSLB8E - screen goes all white and the laptop hangs

Before we start discussion can you tell me what you must do when this happen?
Hard shutdown and restart?
Is everything OK again when you do this?

It is not easy to say what is wrong exactly but I don?t think there is problem with OS and preinstalled display driver. Long time ago I?ve installed Win7 Home Premium on friends L300 and it works perfectly.

What you can test is to use external monitor for a while and see if everything works well. If yes, there is no problem with OS, drivers or graphic card. It can be than display problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71667-Satellite-L300-PSLB8E-screen-goes-all-white-and-the-laptop-hangs
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey all So I am writing on behalf of my mother Her laptop HP Pavillion dv circa running upon white start won't immediately up. screen turning displaying on, Laptop on Windows Vista won't start up properly Upon pressing the power button the screen goes immediately to white No mouse no HP or Window welcome screen nothing I've tried turning it off and back on multiple times Ctrl Alt Del and pressing the F Laptop displaying white screen immediately upon turning on, won't start up. F and F buttons the ones I read were most likely to take me to the safe Laptop displaying white screen immediately upon turning on, won't start up. start reboot mode upon start up but to no avail This happened for the first time today she came home from work and started her computer and it did this She thinks the last she used it for was Facebook and Laptop displaying white screen immediately upon turning on, won't start up. online banking the night before I don't know what else to do as thoe are the only key combinations I could find and her screen will not display anything but pure white Can anyone help me I will try to get more information if you need it but as I can't get the computer to start it may be somewhat limited Thank you so much in advance

A:Laptop displaying white screen immediately upon turning on, won't start up.

There seem to be a large number of products using the tag "Pavilion DV-4".  More exact data for the model number might help.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=2#/qryterm=HP%20Pavillion%20dv4&searchtype=s-001

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506756/laptop-displaying-white-screen-immediately-upon-turning-on-wont-start-up/
Relevancy 84.71%

I just bought an Acer AL2216W monitor for my Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. Sometimes it works like it should , but after a while the screen turns white. It still gets a signal to turn on and off using the function keys, but it is white. If I remove the software and reinstall, it works for a while, but then turns white again after several hours. I have XP Pro, with Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7200 with ATI mobility Radeon X1400.

Relevancy 84.71%

My not quite year old dell studio laptop win white 1737 laptop Solved: screen - studio Dell quite working properly on me over the weekend I now have a display that is completely white It does not change when moving the screen up Solved: Dell studio 1737 laptop - white screen or down but does go black momentarily when booting I Solved: Dell studio 1737 laptop - white screen can currently access the computer via logmein remote viewing software and it is functioning properly When it first occurred I attached it to an external monitor and was able to view it on that A later attempt at attaching it to an external monitor failed although I suspect that is due to my randomly turning it on an off while looking at it causing it to not shut down boot properly I plan on confirming that it works with an external monitor or not later today Assuming that it works with the external monitor that means it is either the screen or the inverter correct Since I used it at night set it down still running and it was white in the morning I am assuming that it is the inverter is this a correct assumption to make I m really not familiar with laptop repair troubleshooting like i am with a desktop I found a great youtube video here that show me how to replace the inverter With inverters are they computer monitor specific Meaning i m looking to spend as little as possible so I need to know what I need to look for I think that is the whole story if I made poor incorrect assumptions guesses troubleshooting or if anyone has some tips for me I would appreciate the input nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

We have an acer aspire one laptop, I'm not sure about the model #
But anyway, the screen 'cracked' I guess and now it's showing all these weird colors in a strange pattern along the cracks.
When turned on, it looks very similar to this:
http://chrisfixescomputers.com/broken-lcd-screen.jpg

Is it just a broken screen or will some of the hardware need to be replaced?
I don't know what steps to take next to fix it or if it even can be fixed.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks!

A:Is my laptop repairable? Broken screen showing black/white?

That's likely to be just the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-laptop-repairable-broken-screen-showing-black-white.999015/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello!

I am posting for my grandfather...he has an older gateway laptop that's giving him a bit of trouble. Whenever we try to boot it up, it shows the regular screen for about 2 seconds, but then there is a all white screen and the web cam light is on. I've tried the (esc) button and the task manager hoping that its the webcam software, but it does not work.

So the only time he can access his computer is if I go to shut it down, and then press the "cancel' button if it gives me the option, which is usually only when there is a program running.

His laptop has windows vista, which I hear tends to produce a multitude of technical issues...but is there any way that we can fix this issue without having to pay to upgrade it or pay to have it fixed?

~Lisa-Marie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-white-screen-and-webcam-light-on-at-laptop-startup.1080560/
Relevancy 84.71%

Last night , I was watching movies on my Laptop, since google chrome wasn't working I used Internet Explorer. I opened task manager and I closed explorer.exe by accident so I shut down the computer. when i restarted it , my laptop was stuck on the white dash on a black screen , i tried reinstalling windows by can't get past the dash after the installation is done. I cant even access Safe mode. Please Help!

A:Toshiba Laptop L650 with White Dash on a Black Screen

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-l650-with-white-dash-on-a-black-screen-704892.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My Laptop screen had been working perfectly for months Then out of the blue It started to get washed out white monitor! Laptop from when white Screen turns unplugged WIN7 I do not know how long this has been happening or when it started but I just noticed it recently on a trip I use my Acer Laptop WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! as a work PC so WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! it's generally plugged into a Monitor I was traveling amp I brought it with me I turned it on amp all WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! seemed normal The flying Win colors did there dance as the system started to boot up Then I'd see the quot Login quot screen for a second or then Bam the screen went white out of nowhere I thought I was the victim of some kind of quot white-screen-of death quot The Laptop is barely a year old Then I noticed if I tilted the screen all the way forward I could make out the Login screen icon amp window I typed my password amp it continued to boot up Now my desktop was normal with all the colors correct I figured it was a weird glitch a time thing After about - second the screen when white again Now there was no way to get it back to normal I could see everything on my desktop in the faded white washed out background I ended up doing emails in that condition it sucked -I've tried rebooting x times Same thing happens -I've check amp installed all latest Windows Updates -I did Virus amp malware scan x with nothing dangerous found -I checked to see if my brightness level was somehow set all the way up Nope -I started in Safe mode x It does NOT get the White out effect However it does NOT fix it upon normal reboot -I have OS on my Laptop Vista came with it originally For work we got Win I can boot to Vista fine every time -When the screen is all washed out I can plug it into my monitor amp it works amp looks just fine I have no idea why this is happening amp would love to get some help with this Maybe I'm doing something stupid If so please let me know I appreciate any help I can get Thanks everybody -----------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-laptop-screen-turns-white-when-unplugged-from-monitor-497638.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My Pavilion dv6 laptop is locked-up with a white screen and a black leaf displaed on the lower right corner of the screen. Can anyone help. Please e-mail me at [personal information removed]. Thank you.

A:hp laptop white screen with black leaf on lower right corner

My HP laptop has the same problem, can anyone help? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-laptop-white-screen-with-black-leaf-on-lower-right-corner/td-p/5591717
Relevancy 84.71%

Last night I got some message as soon as I rebooted the laptop saying "your computer is locked. You have accessed some illegal sites". and I can't do anything. that screen is locked. And this morning I rebooted again and I don't get that error but as soon as I login, I get blank white screen...can't do anything.

Please advise.
thanks

A:Windows XP laptop..lets me login but blank white screen...

by pressing F8, I was able to log in in safe mode. But Normal mode is the issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-xp-laptop-lets-me-login-but-blank-white-screen-678641.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a dell inspiron 1545 lap top and I forgot my administrator password so this white and grey screen comes up asking for my system password or my admin password i have all the cds for my computer and also have the receipt if that information helps how can i fix this with no tech experience?

A:inspiron 1545 dell laptop white and grey screen

Hi and welcome to TSF unfortunately we cannot help with password issues as it is against forum rules http://www.techsupportforum.com/misc.php?do=showrules contact the computer maker they may be able to assist you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/inspiron-1545-dell-laptop-white-and-grey-screen-478088.html
Relevancy 83.85%

hi i have a weired problem on white as interface office 2013 white appearing menus spots washed one of our staff laptop its core i system having office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots windows bit initialy it had visio and office installed office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots the problem was that when outlook was opened it would open but no text menus were visible it was all a like a white window having only title bar when i wold open word excel they would show same behaviour but it would also open some sort of dialog box which was all white no button to click on it only close button was visible and clicking on it would exit word excel access i also tried outlooke exe safe resetnavpane but no luck so i removed visio bit and rebooted system still same issue repaired office bit still same issue uninstall office and reboot and and install office bit still same issue uninstall bit and installed bit same issue sfc scannow found no violations tried it with local administator account same behaviour also tried with another local admin priviledges account same issue tried with domain accounts same issue i removed display drivers and tried wiht standard drivers same issue updated to latest drivers still same issue i however created a docx file and opened it with word it did opened but some menus were not visible they were just white places instead of the icons for vaiours actions like bold font etc but i by guess work wnet to options and tried disabling hardware acceleration but still same issue please help me how to resolve this strange issue

A:office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots

A screenshot of the problem is attached. This is the first screen that opens when launching any office applications and as seem there is no click able button there just the cross button clicking it closes application.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/355868-office-2013-interface-white-washed-menus-appearing-white-spots.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I regularly use my Laptop Lenovo Y560i from last 2 years but today when i tried to start it shows a logo of lenovo and then goes black with white line blinking on the top of the left corner i kept it turn on for more then 2 hours but nothing happens please someone suggest me what can i do?

A:My laptop's screen is gone black with a white line blinking on the top left corner

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Firstly: try to boot in Safe mode ( Press F8 during startup and select safemode) Does it boot normaly now?

Also: when pressing F8 during startup you could also get the option to "Repair your computer". Click that and go to startup repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptops-screen-is-gone-black-with-a-white-line-blinking-on-the-top-left-corner-672103.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I bought a second hand old toshiba satellite l300 laptop from a garage sale because i was planning to use it for downloading it was a vista home premium so i updated it to windows 7 ultimate the problem is when i open it after upgrading (after few minutes) it freezes to white, blue or black screen. I rebooted it several times the same result happens.

I tried using it own safe mode but I don't experience the same problem, i just want to know what could be the possible reason for this to occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391113-laptop-freezes-white-sometimes-blue-black-screen-normal-mode.html
Relevancy 83.85%

6 inch thick white lines down my laptop screen. 2 of them are solid white the others are fairly transparent but very noticeable, spaced out across the whole screen. The laptop itself works perfectly and the lines have been there a long time. There was only 1 to start with but its gotten worse over time. I am using an external monitor and play games a fair amount without any problems. I am wondering is this a screen or inverter issue or will i need a new motherboard for my laptop for a new graphics chip?

A:6 inch thick white lines down my screen but laptop works fine?

If you know about how to open inside the laptop, first check out the connection cable is seated properly between screen and mobo. But mostly times, you have to replace screen. There is no problem on Motherboard and screen inverter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6-inch-thick-white-lines-down-my-screen-but-laptop-works-fine.875842/