Windows Support Forum

Viewing a windows spool file (.spl)

Q: Viewing a windows spool file (.spl)

I have looked at many webpages and still unable to solve
this issue. Maybe someone here can help. My printer broke down but I kept the windows printer spool file (.spl) and need to view the data from it since this is all I have from the document. The spool (.spl) file has a EMF header and was created from pcl6.
I wish to view that file but all I get is garbled text if I open it with wordpad etc. Is there any program or way that I can view it because the data(only text not photos) is in that spool file(3 Megs in size) but the printer broke down and I have no way of viewing it.

I tried Ghost script and other PCL viewers with out much luck since my file is a .spl

Please help..

Thank you in advance,

Peter

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Viewing a windows spool file (.spl)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Viewing a windows spool file (.spl)

this maybe a post that would get a good response if moved to the Hardware forum later on if need be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-a-windows-spool-file-spl.273113/
Relevancy 56.33%

Running Window XP Home Media Edition When I open certain file folders on my hard drive Windows Explorer will give me a message telling me quot it has encountered and error and needs to shut down file Viewing Windows Folders Down Shuts XP Certain When quot I have two external hard drives on which I capture and backup video files Most of the Windows XP Shuts Down When Viewing Certain file Folders file folders on the drives can be accessed by Windows Explorer with no problem but certain folders shut down immediately upon opening My hard drives mirror each other manually not in a RAID config and the problem folder shuts down Windows explorer on both drives I tried changing the column view applicable to all folders such tha only the file name comes up in the Explorer window and that actually helped Explorer will stay open and I can access many of the video files However eventually I ll get a notification and Explorer shuts down I searched this forum and based on my findings I ran Malwarebytes and Avast and found nothing Based on my very limited use of the Internet and lack of any other computing problems I didn t expect to find a virus or spyware I also ran cleanmgr and cleaned up everything I could including Temporary Internet Files and Recycle Bin Any idea why Windows Explorer is having trouble simply listing the files within certain file folders and not others

A:Windows XP Shuts Down When Viewing Certain file Folders

My guess would be possible bad sectors on the hard drive...the alternative would be to guess some sort of file corruption.I would try running the chkdsk /r command on each of the drives with this situation.Start/Run...type chkdsk /r X: (where X: represents the respective partition/drive) and hit Enter. Spacing must be exactly as shown.Alternative method of running same command: In Explorer or My Computer, right click on the drive, select Properties, select the tools tab, and click on the Check Now button. Check both of the available options and click Start button.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305433/windows-xp-shuts-down-when-viewing-certain-file-folders/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have just upgraded 8 to 8.1. My printer will not work because "the printer spool is turned off" according to the message window.
Please, can someone tell me where the spool is and how do I turn it on?

A:Windows 8.1 printer spool

Some possibilities here: Cannot print after update to 8.1 : Printers gone : Print spooler keeps stopping : Cannot add printers

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45794-windows-8-1-printer-spool.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Well after spending about hours of my life on researching this problem online and trying all kinds of quot fixes quot I am turing to this board for help I have a Gateway FX - Windows Issue help. - Printer 7 Spool PLEASE bit computer running Windows Brand new - purchased months ago I also have an Epson printer which I have had for years When I initially set the computer up I just plugged in the printer via USB and it found the drivers and worked No issues Epson doesn't have Windows 7 Printer Spool Issue - PLEASE help. drivers for the for Windows anyway but I had months of no issues A few days ago I noticed when I went to print something from my Microsoft Home and Student Word program it wouldn't print It said my print spooler was not on I researched and went through the steps to get it back on and to clear out ther files in my system spool printer folder and then turned it back on via services msc Here is the strange part I can print any Word docs that I created previosuly within the past months or docs I created prior to getthing this computer No problem I can print photos I can print PDF files The only time I run into an issue is when I go into Word to create a new doc It won't print It shuts the spooler off I'll have the print spooler window open and I will watch it - once I hit the print button in a NEW document - it changes status from started to stopped Then I have to clear out the printers folder in the system spool printers which will contain files usually named something such as FP SHD and FP SPL or variations of that I have restored a few times I have scanned my computer with different scanners for viruses and malware I have unhooked and deleted my printer emptied the files in the printers folder restarted and then hooked the printer back up I have checked the dependencies for the spooler and they are all set to automatic and started I don't know what else I can do but for this to just stop all of the sudden for new docs I am typing but work for any and all older ones is baffling to me I did change the quot style quot of a Word Doc I was typing the other day to Word so it wasn't all double spaced - which seems like it was around the time of all of this but I am not sure I believe since I have restored so many times that shouldn't be an issue Any help as to what to try next would be so much appreciated Sorry for being so long winded just wanted to include as many details as I can Rob

A:Windows 7 Printer Spool Issue - PLEASE help.

Hey Robsmail,
That is a nasty problem.

If you have your Office installation disk, try repairing or reinstalling MS Word. It might have just been a bad install.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/56090-windows-7-printer-spool-issue-please-help.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Greetings. I consider myself pretty good with computers but have a problem that has me stumped Hope someone can help.

Here we go.

I am running windows XP and have recently done a format and fresh install of the os. When the computer loads, it will not start the print spool or the windows audio. I go into services and manually start them which everything works fine until restrt where they are not turning on. The option is set for automatic, but it will not start unless I go in and start it manually. I am at a dead end. Please help.

Tom

A:Printer spool and Windows Audio help

Have you installed all the Windows updates as yet?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29035/printer-spool-and-windows-audio-help/
Relevancy 51.17%

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!I'm on a Domain and i have a Couple of Share Drives. There's certain documents on the Share that every PC on the Domain can print, but when i go print them from this one PC it gives my a spool Error and that causes me to lose all my printers including Local and Network. Can somebody please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spool-error-in-windows-2000.454594/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have been using Windows stopped services-printer spool this computer and printer for over a year but now windows does not recognize the printer I Windows services-printer spool stopped cannot install new drivers or uninstall old ones or add a new printer because Windows services-printer spool stopped the quot Windows services-printer spool stopped printer spool service is stopped quot I have gone thru the control panel to the list of services and started and restarted this service several times setting is on automatic It shows as started or running but if I try to add a printer or install the printer drivers from the installation cd it won t let me because the printer spool service is stopped I tried system restore with no luck Although plug and play shows as started it does not recognize the printer if I pull and reinstall the ISB connector It is as if I get the service started and it shuts itself off I am using windows xp home Incidental intelligence-For some reason about a week ago I could not sign into windows instead a dialog box came up that said I had to verify windows as if it was new I entered the product key which was not recognized and actually had to call Microsoft and get a code from them before I could open windows except in safe mode I can t help but think this is at the root of my problem and that there is some unstability in windows I don t want to have to reinstall windows Can anyone help with this vexing problem nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I don't know how to get an answer to my problem. It is very simple. Every time I boot up my computer I get the following error message just before the main screen comes on:

Error loading C:|WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXBStime.dll The specified module could not be found.

HOW DO I FIX THE PROBLEM?

I think the following program data is what is needed.

Microsoft Home Edition XP Version 2002

H E L P ! ! !

Miocrosoft Office 2000 Premium

Relevancy 50.31%

This is the error message I get when I boot up my laptop.

windows\system 32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\lxcrtime.dll

I researched the message and can't find a real solution for this problem. One suggstion was the Lexmark toolbar which can not be deleted.

I'm not a wizard, but can follow instructions and figure some things out. But not this....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-system-32-spool-drivers-w32x86-3-lxcrtime-dll.876514/
Relevancy 49.88%

After I log into my Windows profile I am greeted with this message Error in c windows system spool drivers w x DLCGtime dll Missing entry RunDLLEntry Thanks for the help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Error in c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\DLCGtim e.dll Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe Error in c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\DLCGtim e.dll C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology Drivers Elservice exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM taskmgr exe C PROGRA FLOCK FLOCK FLOCK EXE C Program Files FlashFXP FlashFXP exe C Program Files K-Lite Codec Pack Media Player Classic mplayerc exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system calc exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - URLSearchHook Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C PROGRA ICQTOO toolbaru dll O - Hosts www warez-bb org O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO XTTBPos - FD D- A - e - D-DC B D - C PROGRA ICQTOO toolbaru dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Fake Name Generator Toolbar - ed ba d- cd - e - c-a c dae d - C Program Files Fake Name Generator tbFak dll O - BHO Alcohol Toolbar Helper - A A -BFD - FE-BBDF-BFB CF E - C Program Files Alcohol Toolbar v Alcohol Toolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B... Read more

A:Error in c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\DLCGtim e.dll

anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-in-c-windows-system32-spool-drivers-w32x86-3-dlcgtime-dll.736661/
Relevancy 48.16%

Does anyone have a way to change flash player settings so a file made to playback at 16:9 will play back in a reduced size on a standard (not widescreen) monitor. This vid is great and on a widescreen monitor plays clear but on either of my standard monitors in IE, Firefox, Opera or Safari it's too large so it's grainy (is that a word?) and jerky.

I assume it's designed for widescreen since it plays in that ratio perfectly on my wife's widescreen laptop.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741

Relevancy 48.16%

why does my computer view drone (.mov) videos extremely pixilated. when i view my drone videos on other computers they turn out fine. ill leave a picture on what the video looks like. someone please help because this is highly frustrating.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/need-help-viewing-mov-file-4607617/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys! I have these files in a folder that I need listed in date order. But they must be separated into "groups" of dates. I did this, but I noticed that it groups together everything from just May to July all under "Earlier this year". I need it more specific, like under Months or even days, not simply "this year". Is there a way to make group dating more narrow? please tell me there is. Thanks to those who help!

A:Better File Viewing?

See if this tutorial helps http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/92758...ble.html?filter[2]=File Folder Settings

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340789/better-file-viewing/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have just recorded a .vro file on a DVD - RW using my new Pioneer DVR-RT500 recorder. Now how can I plan this file on my computer?

Still trying to figure out how to copy TV shows to my computer for viewing.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone I ve got a major problem like I m sure many people do trying to keep my desktop as clear as possible of shortcuts and files So I ve been putting all my shortcuts into files labeled after there type games office ect However the last thing I want to have to do is open explorer every single time I want to access these shortcuts So currently I ve like iPhone viewing mod file XP? for got menus on my taskbar that I can use like my start-menu however I still find it a little inconvenient iPhone like file viewing mod for XP? So I was wondering does anyone here know of an extension for iPhone like file viewing mod for XP? Windows specifically XP that allows you to access the contents of a folder with out actually opening it Sort of similar in visual style with what has been introduced with iPhone OS and the jailbreak apps before I m also lead to believe that one of the Linux OS s has a widget that does a similar thing I ve tried looking in my helpless way for such a program that does this but haven t been able to find any nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

First, I have done a search and found some stuff but everything I find is so different with now answers the same and a little confusing to me. (Not a computer expert here) What is currently the easiest way to play MKV files with WMC? I'd like as little add-on downloads as possible and a process where the videos can simply be played with WMC without extra steps to watch them.

Also, if it makes a difference, I not only want to view them with WMC on the computer but through my xbox360 as well which is an extender.

Thank You

A:Easy MKV file viewing in WMC

the bare essentials Haali Spliter
If you do not wish to configure anything, Shark007 codec pack will have everything in it needed for MKV with little to no effort at all, complete with AC3 filter.

youll need to install the Win7 pack first, then the 64bit addon if you have Win7 x64 for it to work in WMC

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/54753-easy-mkv-file-viewing-wmc.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Every time I view an Adobe Acrobat .pdf file my IE7 won't surf. I must reboot the computer to restore internet access. My OS is XP Professional. Has this happened to anyone else?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/viewing-a-pdf-file-locks-up-ie7-375868.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm wondering if Windows got rid of the 'Filmstrip' viewing option in vista?

If they did, is there anyway to get it back? It's the only sane way to deal with pictures in the file system (and I really don't wanna install a program for it)

If not, anyone have recommendations on good photo managing software? I'm at the point I'd even pay to get a good one!

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi: I am trying to download a banner that I made on an internet site, and I am suppose to download it as a GIF file, except that my computer does not offer that option. Also I cannot open up pics saved as a GIF, I guess I dont have the correct program to do that. What do I need exactly and why am I having this problem. Please help!

Thank you!!!

A:GIF File Viewing and Downloading

go to www.irfanview.com and download the free image viewer. Associate it with all Images during install.

Why you ar ehaving the problem is hard to determine, but could simply be because you do not have any software installed that recognizes gif files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gif-file-viewing-and-downloading.357074/
Relevancy 47.3%

i have this video file that plays the sound only in windows media player 10. i have the same problem with it in my other media viewers, however when i was downloading it with kazaa lite i could preview it and see the video and sound fine. i have the latest driver for my graphics card. any ideas whats wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-viewing-mpg-video-file.291137/
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently a friend sent me several photos as email attachments aparently in JPG format I could not read them on both my xp and Vista JPG viewing Solved: Problem file machines using three different graphic Solved: Problem viewing JPG file viewers I returned saved copies of the file as attachments to the original sender who replied he could read them perfectly Several friends were unable to read them but one responded as follows quot I can open it in Photoshop Elements So I resaved it again to jpg and Solved: Problem viewing JPG file attached it here Wouldn t open in my normal photo utility which Solved: Problem viewing JPG file is strange since it s only a jpg file quot I could view the file he returned Opening some of the original attachments in notepad I could read some of the tagging information which indicated it was taken with a Kodak digital camera and associated with Adobe Photoshop Elements an saved on a Mac I do not have Photoshop Elements so I could not convert to a conventional jpg file Can anyone provide more incite to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I am using Windows XP Home move viewing a it. After multimedia can't file, with After viewing a multimedia file, can't move it. sp Frequently after viewing a video clip or movie file I attempt to move it to another location but get an error that the file is in use Even using the program After viewing a multimedia file, can't move it. called unlocker it says it can t be moved until after the reboot but re- booting does nothing I can easily copy it where After viewing a multimedia file, can't move it. I want it to go and then delete it from where it was but the move command won t work I ve used a program called procexp exe but it is hard to understand It will display handles associated with processes dlls but isn t easy to see how to see which handles hold a file and release those This is an annoyance I am using Windows media player on one of my computers and on another one but I have the problem on both systems Anyone solved this Like I say a reboot doesn t usually fix the problem and the unlocker program is only able to move the file about half the time This is strange behavior I guess I ll just have to get used to copy and delete from now on paj TIA for reading this nbsp

A:After viewing a multimedia file, can't move it.

Hi there,
Have you tryed puting it in a folder of it's own?
ie: create new folder, place file in new folder, move new folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-viewing-a-multimedia-file-cant-move-it.715091/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello To All,

Please view the following message that I left with Sonic tech support.

"I installed RecordNow 9. As such, I can no longer view files that I created on a dvd disk. I can also no longer format any type of disk. My drive does not appear to recognize any dvd disk with copied files, but I can view dvd movies. I have restored my system to an earlier date, but did not uninstall RN9. When I attempt to view the files on the dvd disk with RecordNow 7, I receive a message that the disk is in use by DLA. I also do see that the disk in question is appendable, but I can't see the files as I used to. I am at my wits end. Please help. Thanks in advance."

I do thank you in advance for any assistance that you can offer in this matter.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello to all First please forgive the title for this post I just don t really know how to label it but I am having problems viewing files that I have placed on a dvd Here is the note that I left for tech support at Sonic I installed RecordNow As such I can no longer view files that I created on a dvd disk I can also no longer format any type of disk My drive does not appear to recognize any dvd disk with copied files but I can view dvd movies I have restored my system to Viewing DVD File Solved: Issue? an earlier date but did not uninstall RN When I attempt to view the files on the dvd disk with RecordNow I receive a Solved: DVD File Viewing Issue? message that the disk is in use by DLA I also do see that the disk in question is appendable but I can t see the files as I used to I am at my wits end Please help Thanks in advance Solved: DVD File Viewing Issue? I would really appreciate any assistance in this matter Y all usually give better advice than the manufacturer I really do appreciate the knowledge Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

A friend of mine sent me a .pps file, but I can't view it. I did a search and saw that I need PowerPoint viewer to see it, but it doesn't list winxp as one of the os that it's compatable with. Is there any way for me to view this with winxp? Thanks

A:(Solved) viewing a .pps file on WinXP

You can download the Power Point viewer from Microsoft's web site. I don't have a specific URL, but they have Word, Excel, and Power Point viewers for free download. Go to Microsoft and do a search on "Power Point Viewer".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-viewing-a-pps-file-on-winxp.125690/
Relevancy 47.3%

Help,

I recently refrmatted my computer and now I have 1 folder in "My Pictures" which I can't do nothing with. The properties are the same as my other folder of pictures, which work but the only difference is when I click on one pictures properties and go to summary it says "summary properties are unavailable". I can open the folder, see the photos but when I click on any photo it says "no preview available". I can't edit or email any of these photos, keep in mind this is the only jpeg file I have that is doing this.

Thanks, Gytarman.

A:JPEG file viewing issues

If you can
Please attach it to a new reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jpeg-file-viewing-issues.109828/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all,
I have what I consider to be a rather unique situation. I have recently been trying to restore an old, uncropped version of a file from about 10 years and about 3 computers ago, naturally impossible under general circumstances. However, the thumbnail for the file still shows the original version, while opening the image in windows media viewer or ms paint reveals that the file in fact contains the new version.

My query was since the thumbnail seems to be saving the original non-cropped version, has it kept a copy of the old file? If so, can the old version be opened so I can view it? I lack information about thumbnails to know whether this is possible or impossible.

Thanks for any assistance.

A:Viewing source file for thumbnails.

You would need a copy of the original file. A thumbnail is just a smaller version and does not contain this file. The best you could do is resize the image to whatever size is needed but the quality of the image would suffer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342541-viewing-source-file-thumbnails.html
Relevancy 47.3%

If I want to burn an avi or mpg file to a DVD and have my regular DVD player be able to play them, do I need to change them to a different format? I see software all over to switch formats- what format will work best?

A:Media file format for DVD viewing

if you have nero then use vision express to convert those files to dvd formats (.vob)

otherwise you could download Santa dvd. i have used both and i found santa to be quicker and more effective.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-file-format-for-dvd-viewing-104358.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Since installing SP2, whenever I want to view a .html file,
it starts to dial out. How can I get it to stop.

Thanks.

A:Viewing an html file dials out ?

scroll down to the list of fixes here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/viewing-an-html-file-dials-out-92738.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I know that if in Folder Options I choose "Always show icons, never thumbnails' the '.thumbs' file stops being created everytime you view an image file in Explorer. But I do want to see thumbnails, or more specifically I like the idea of viewing the image of the *.jpg, *.dng etc. when in Explorer. However, what I don't like is getting a '.thumbs' file being created.
I'm sure it is possible to have one without the other but can't recall how to do so.
Thank you

A:Viewing thumbnails as images but without .thumbs file

In Windows Explorer [Win7 and earlier] go to Organize, Folder and Search Options, View tab and the first item Files and Folders and uncheck the first thing about Always show icons, never thumbnails. At least that is what works with my Win7 Ult. But then I use the Extra Large Icons view for pictures and don't get the .thumbs part.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351413-viewing-thumbnails-images-but-without-thumbs-file.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi!
I have a Windows 10, I tried to open some .jpg photos, but I couldn't because there is always a message like this:

I tried to change the Default Program, to convert the files, but nothing helped...
If somebody recognizes the problem, please help
thanks!

A:Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs

What I would try is to right-click an image file and click Open With and choose Paint, see if the file is actually viable. Personally I don't like the Photos program, prefer Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68949-cant-open-jpg-file-any-photo-viewing-programs.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a Dell D running Windows Ultimate SP This PC was running Vista and Windows was installed as an upgrade in December I was suspicious about some search results not turning up documents that should be indexed and when I try and look at the indexing options advanced file types the index application crashes The same thing happens when I try and look at default settings file types So far I have performed a registry clean using Advanced Uninstaller Pro performed Viewing file assiciations explorer crashes a Windows repair installed SP and turned off all non-Microsoft third party extensions I just performed a full virus scan with Symantic using the most recent virus file definitions It did find trogen gen which was removed I ran two spyware applications malwarebytes and Superantispyware and found no issues I ran the SFC scannow utility which found no issues I tried to set the default program to internet explorer as well as the Windows Search Explorer Viewing file assiciations crashes explorer I booted in safemode and default programs utility does not work at all I created a new user and the new user has the same problem I removed all items from the index locations and file types still crashes the index options utility It looks like a security access error but I am running as administrator Could this be a registry issue I Viewing file assiciations crashes explorer have attached both error messages and a mini dump file Regards Mike

A:Viewing file assiciations crashes explorer

Where did you get office? the time, date, and size are not standard for many files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171784-viewing-file-assiciations-crashes-explorer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently downloaded an instructional video that came in 5 separate zip files. When I unzipped them they combined into a single 3.9 Gig .iso file which is supposed to be an all region compatible version of the video, but my DVD player does not recognize this format and won't play it. There is NO encrypting, code cracking, etc. going on here. It's just an instructional video available for free download on the web.

What do I have to do to convert this .iso file to one that a standar DVD player can recognize and play. If I need software to convert it, is there any available for free or on trial that will do this? I don't want to buy anything because I don't anticipate needing to do this again.

I'd appreciate your expert help on this! Thanks!

A:How To Convert .iso Movie File For Viewing On Dvd Player?

An iso file is an image file: You must use a program such as nero to burn the file to dvd.This link should give you a better idea: http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109347/how-to-convert-iso-movie-file-for-viewing-on-dvd-player/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

We are using a third party application - Spectorsoft to backup our event logs on a server. The format it uses is a .elf formatted file. The problem we are having is the file itself is over 300GB in size. Does anyone have any idea how i can open the .elf formatted file so I can view the content. I need to be able to retrieve the data from it but at the moment because the database is huge, the spectorsoft software having problems opening it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/assistance-with-viewing-a-huge-elf-formated-file.1155254/
Relevancy 46.87%

Anyone know why? Re-install it many times...

A:Firefox 1.0.3 crashed when viewing media file

I like firefox, but it crashes for me about half of the time when I view pdf files. Not sure why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-1-0-3-crashed-when-viewing-media-file.24663/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'll first explain how i like to view my folders...

in a list format

well that was easy- but heres the problem...

for some reason at completely random times when i open up a random folder i am viewing it in the icon format and so on.

i'm using XP and yes, i have set the "apply view to all folders" option- many times in fact

any ideas?

A:Folder file viewing setting changes sporadically

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

#2 left side..."Increase folder view size to 8000"

To use the Regedits: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-file-viewing-setting-changes-sporadically.246476/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys I wonder if anyone can help About weeks ago I reformatted my hard drive and installed Windows XP Prof I was with Windows XP Home In order to preserve them I moved all Problems - File Can't Header Jpg Read Viewing my JPGs on to my husband s PC via our home network and then back again once I re-formatted I can t now view the JPGs and Jpg Viewing Problems - Can't Read File Header when using Irfan the message I get is - doc - can t read file Header Unknown file format or file not found Now luckily most of the JPGs were backed up onto disc and saved but there were a few taken in the weeks before the re-format that I hadn t backed up and I want to know whether I can save them The properties on each indicate the data is still there I ve run various recovery programs with no luck as they only pick up stuff deleted post-format Any help suggestions appreciated and compliments of the festive season to all Cheers LadyQ

A:Jpg Viewing Problems - Can't Read File Header

Can Irfanview correctly open .jgps that were NOT transferred?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75951/jpg-viewing-problems-cant-read-file-header/
Relevancy 46.87%

it seems i can view all files in the preview pane except microsoft office files. i know it used to work before but not sure if that was before windows 7. the preview pain shows a no preview available message and i have the show preview handlers box checked in the folder options, view, advanced settings window. i don't use this feature all the time but it is handy. thank you for any assistance

A:preview pane file viewing issue

Hello,

For the viewer pane to work the handlers have to be installed. They are installed by the Office setup. I'm not sure if any version before Office 2007 installs these handlers. If you don't have Office you can download the Word Viewer and Excel viewer:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ails.aspx?id=4
this is the link to the word viewer. I believe this would also install the correct handler and you would see previews in the preview pane.

Hope this helps.
Loki

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/279051-preview-pane-file-viewing-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Precision M4400 - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

This webcam requires Windows Media Player (and Silverlight) in order to display on my screen, however it is happily displaying via VLC.

The RSPB: Loch Garten: Live video webcam

Please advise how I can make the cam display with WMP instead of VLC. WMP has all its defaults, so why is the cam using VLC? I don't know the file-type that would have to be changed.

(The reason I want to do this is that the browser, Opera 12.16, auto-refreshes periodically to counter stream-freezes, and currently it takes at least 7 seconds for the picture to recover. I'm hoping it might be faster with WMP, at least I need to find out one way or the other.)

A:Change file association for viewing on-screen webcam

Quote: Originally Posted by clemenzina

Precision M4400 - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

This webcam requires Windows Media Player (and Silverlight) in order to display on my screen, however it is happily displaying via VLC.

The RSPB: Loch Garten: Live video webcam

Please advise how I can make the cam display with WMP instead of VLC. WMP has all its defaults, so why is the cam using VLC? I don't know the file-type that would have to be changed.

(The reason I want to do this is that the browser, Opera 12.16, auto-refreshes periodically to counter stream-freezes, and currently it takes at least 7 seconds for the picture to recover. I'm hoping it might be faster with WMP, at least I need to find out one way or the other.)

Let me start by saying that I'm not picking at your choice of words - but I am going to change them for my sake:

You are not talking about a webcam (a device connected to your computer or network), you are talking about a video stream (that happens to be embedded in a webpage). You are not needing to change a Windows Operating System file association, you are wanting to change which browser plug-in handles this video stream.

I installed Opera 12.16 and VLC 2.08 into a Virtual Machine that is running W7 pro 64bit. I was able to see the ~7 second blackout that happens when the stream reconnects after about 7 minutes. (BTW, I did not install the Windows Media Player (WMP) plug-in. Silverlight was not installed - yet.)

I then ended the Virtual Machine (which resets everything back to a W7 clean install). I installed Opera 12.16 - but did not install VLC. When using Opera to visit the webpage that you linked to, the area that would normally show the video stream informed me of missing plug-ins and offered a link. I installed the WMP plug-in and retested the website after restarting Opera. Now, instead of a grey box where the video should be showing, there was an ill-defined white area - with no video and no help on solving the issue.

So - I installed Silverlight 5.something, restarted Opera - but no luck - same ill-defined white area.

I then ended the Virtual Machine again (which resets everything back to a W7 clean install). I installed Opera 15.0.1147.153 and VLC 2.08. When I visited the website for the video stream of interest, the area that would normally show the video stream informed me that "This plug-in is not supported".

Rather than continue to mess with web browsers and plug-ins, I did what I normally do, I looked at the source code of the webpage and found the direct link to the video stream. Then I opened WMP and viewed the stream from there. The video stream still resets about every 7 minutes and I only checked the reconnect time for 2 of those resets: ~7 seconds and ~11 seconds.

I had the same results when I played the video stream directly from the VLC app.

I would suggest that you manually create a shortcut on your desktop to this stream link:

Code:
mms://wms.carnyxlive.co.uk/abernethy
Then double click on that shortcut to watch this stream.

I'm not sure if there is going to be a way to avoid missing the video during a reconnect. The video stream itself resets from the source at fixed intervals. This means that even if you start one video stream using VLC - then wait a minute or two and start another video stream using WMP (or even a second instance of VLC); they all reset within seconds of each other whenever the video stream itself resets.

I would suggest that you use VLC to watch this stream. To do so, you can create a shortcut on your desktop (or in some folder) that has this as the target:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" mms://wms.carnyxlive.co.uk/abernethy

Once the VLC window opens (even before the stream finishes connecting), you can select View > Minimal Interface.

After the stream connects, it may change the size of the VLC window. You can change the window(s) shape/posi... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299799-change-file-association-viewing-screen-webcam.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Everyone,

I have a .avi file that I'd like to view in slow motion and/or frame by frame.
Would someone please advise me of which program I'd need to do this.
Thanks for your help.

Byn

A:Solved: Help Needed with Viewing .avi file in slow motion

FWiW, I am still using Windows Media Player 10. It does not seem to support AVI slow motion playback but does allow you to pause AVI playback and move back and forth frame by frame.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-needed-with-viewing-avi-file-in-slow-motion.653404/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am trying to send a Microsoft Access Report in Excel format using VBA so that other people can view it on their Blackberry Devices. I have a VBA script that takes an Access Report, outputs it to Excel (using DoCmd.OutputTo.....acFormatXLS), and then automatically sends the file to the recipients to view on their Blackberry Devices. However, when they try, they get an "Unrecognized Format" error. I cannot see the error they are getting since I do not have a device, so I can only guess at what the problem is. I am using Office 2000, but I do not know the software on the Blackberries. Thanks!

A:Problems viewing Excel File in Blackberry Device

Any ideas from anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-viewing-excel-file-in-blackberry-device.692891/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone - Ive just joined the forums. After Malwarebytes had found some PUP files and seemed unable to delete them, I tried to locate the files manually (using the path detailed by Malwarebytes).
I got as far as C:/Users/[Uname]/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files and was told that access was denied to the TIF. I tried looking for properties to reset, but right-click gave no options.
So it seems that possibly hazardous files can be stored below this folder that can't be removed because of the access restrictions. What can I do to gain access to the files?

I have Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Internet Explorer 9

A:Problems viewing Temporary Internet File Folder

The easiest method would be to use Unlocker. It allows you to delete protected files on next boot. It can do it because it runs before login.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301493-problems-viewing-temporary-internet-file-folder.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi

This is more a question for my bf than for me. He has a dell inspiron laptop which seems to have lost most of the operating system. He contacted dell and asked for help and they gave him some download links which failed to work, told him that spool 32 is broken or something and it seems to have made things worse. I suggested reformatting at this point because there seems little hope of anything else helping, but when he looked for the recovery pack he discovered that his XP disk was in two pieces. Any suggestions, which don't involve having to repurchase XP pro?

Thanks Bernie x

Relevancy 42.57%

I use a tax program to prepare income tax returns. I have a NEC Superscript 1260 printer. When I go to print out tax forms, usually a half dozen at once, I get an error message "Spool 32 has caused an error in GDI.EXE. Spool 32 will now close". What is spool 32? Is it a memory issue with my printer, or with my PC? I have a Gateway Pentium 4 with ME, 512 ram. Thanks to all. RD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spool-32-messgage.336772/
Relevancy 42.57%

Can't anyone explain what a Spool 32 error is when trying to print?

A:Spool 32 Error

Hi Denise,

We heard you: http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=346950#post346950

Please don't post the same question twice.

It makes answering very complicated.

Greetz,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spool-32-error.69614/
Relevancy 42.57%

Thanks to all for all of this information.
I have the spool.exe problem....I'm not on that computer because I can not get anything to load on that computer..I have tried SDFIX..All sorts of other removal software...my cpmputer does not allow anything to load....

I have tried to go through your process ..however.my sytsem locks up and closes explorer before anything finishes.

I have tried Dss.exe however I can not get that to load as well..
This is my desktop I'm having problems with my Laptop..

Please help.
I'm lost....

A:Spool.exe I Have Tried Everything I Could Find

I presume you are discussing your lap top?to enable others to help you could you kindly tell us your windows version, what installed antivirus program you have and what other protection and nasties seeking programs are on board and have been run?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141474/spoolexe-i-have-tried-everything-i-could-find/
Relevancy 42.57%

Can't anyone explain what a Spool 32 error is when trying to print?

A:Spool 32 Error

Hi Denise,

Here's a MS article: How to Troubleshoot Spool32 Error Messages
Good luck,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spool-32-error.69615/
Relevancy 42.57%

I got a new printer and when I tried to install i recieved an error message about the printer spool not being turned on. I went through the steps to locate printer spool...my computer-manage-services and applications- but when i try to turn on printer spool i get an error message. I have gone to Microsoft to try to run a fix but that did not work either. I have read through other postings that tell you how to turn it on, but nothing that said what to do if it won't start.

A:Printer spool

Welcome to BleepingComputer agilbert34.Not knowing what you have already tried I can only make suggestions.Go to Start> Run, and type in services.msc, click on OKLook in the column at the left for Print Spooler.Right click on Print Spooler, then click on Properties.Click the Startup type:, it should be set to Automatic.Click on Start.If Start is grayed out click on Stop and then click on Start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369426/printer-spool/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am getting a code after trying to install a printer.
"the RPC server is unavailable"
I had to delete this SPOOL.EXE file due to a virus

How do I reinstall this file?

Thank you for your time.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I read with great interest the HEADER SPOOL BAD post listed on from usasma about BAD SPOOL HEADER how to receive help diagnosing Blue Srceens and Window crashes I have been receiving the BSOD every time I reformat a DVD The message I get is a BAD SPOOL ERROR I followed the advice on the aforementioned post and downloaded and ran the Microsfot Debugging Tool for Windows which is shown below As usasma notes in the post I have pasted the Debugging Tools window below My system is as follows Dell MCE Windows XP Media Center Edition NEC x CD DVD BAD SPOOL HEADER ROM I would like any information on how to correct this BSOD so I can burn DVD d after reformatting them Thanks ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available WARNING Whitespace at end of path element Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by xpsp sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Jan GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck ef f a Unable to load image SRTSP SYS Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for SRTSP SYS ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SRTSP SYS Probably caused by SRTSP SYS SRTSP c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis BAD POOL HEADER The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request This may or may not be due to the caller The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver verifier to a suspect driver Arguments Arg a pool block header size is corrupt Arg ef The pool entry we were looking for within the page Arg f The next pool entry Arg a reserved Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x POOL ADDRESS ef CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME tfswctrl exe IRP ADDRESS e c LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fc to a STACK TEXT ab d fc ef nt KeBugCheckEx x b ab f a f ef nt ExFreePoolWithTag x c ab d e ab bc ab a nt IopCompleteRequest xf ab a ca a b a nt IopSynchronousServiceTail xb ab dd f c ab e a a nt NtQueryVolumeInformationFile x b ab e f c ab e a a nt KiFastCallEntry xfc ab b f ce f c ab e a a nt ZwQueryVolumeInformationFile x ab d aa c ab e a a fltmgr FltQueryVolumeInformation x f WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong ab c aa fb c e SRTSP x c ab f c ff ab c SRTSP x b c ab b f c e fltmgr FltpDoInstanceSetupNotification x b ab f c aa c fltmgr FltpInitInstance x ab f c c aa c fltmgr FltpCreateInstanceFromName x ab ec f ce aa c fltmgr FltpEnumerateRegistryInstances xf ab a c f c da c d fltmgr FltpDoFilterNotificationForNewVolume xe ab a e d a b fltmgr FltpCreate x f ab a bbed de c ab c nt IopfCallDriver x ab b d b de b nt IopParseDevice xa ab bd ab c nt ObpLookupObjectName x c ab c c c ec nt ObOpenObjectByName xea ab ca c de ddd nt IopCreateFile x ab d c c de ddd nt IoCreateFile x e ab d dd f de ddd nt NtOpenFile x ab d c e de ddd nt KiFastCallEntry xfc de x c e STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP SRTSP c aa SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME SRTSP c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME SRTSP IMAGE NAME SRTSP SYS DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP a e f FAILURE BUCKET ID x SRTSP c BUCKET ID x SRTSP c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt lmvm SRTSP start end module name aa b aa SRTSP T no symbols Loaded symbol image file SRTSP SYS Image path SRTSP SYS Image name SRTSP SYS Timestamp Fri Aug A E F CheckSum D F Image... Read more

A:BAD SPOOL HEADER

Bug Check points to Symatec Anti-Virus Driver as the probable cause:SRTSP.SYS http://www.greatis.com/appdata/a/s/srtsp.sys.htmProcess involved CD Packet writing software:tfswctrl.exe http://www.glaryutilities.com/startuplibra...swctrl.exe.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285856/bad-spool-header/
Relevancy 42.57%

I lost all of my printers in W2K Pro. When I try to add them the print spooler fails. When I start the spooler, it starts but the when I try to add a printer it fails. HEKP, what to do? I don't want to reload the OS.

C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spool-wont-run.117701/
Relevancy 42.57%

i am running windows xp pro. all of a sudden my printer spool stoped working and all my printers dissappeared. I have gone into the services and started the spool but as soon as i try and add a printer the spooler shuts off. i did havwe a malware virus that i got rid of with malwarbytes.

A:printer spool

Go into control panel, open the printers icon, what is showing there for printers?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spool.1008224/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a HP PSC 2355 hooked up to my laptop. The printer suddenly stopped recently. When I try to print something I get no reaction at all. When I went into printers from control panel I saw no printers. When going to add printer, I get the msg, print spooler service is not running. I have gone through MSCONFIG and tried to check Print spooler and it remains checked, but still when I try to install printer I get the same message. What do I need to do be able to add a printer to my laptop?

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm perplexed Are you sitting down to read this diatribe It all started the other day when I was cleaning some programs out using the Uninstall command and I came across a Lexmark program still on my computer Well I had got rid of that troublesome piece of you know what and scaled down to a new HP Deskjet All In One Annoyance Spool.exe That new printer was working fine until I Uninstalled the Lexmark Now all I get is a Runtime Library Spool.exe Annoyance alert that the spoolsv exe has requested to terminate the application At first I thought it might have been a virus and did some research but all seems to be fine in my Windows System folder I tried to Uninstall the HP program to no Spool.exe Annoyance avail I just can't because of the Runtime alert I've researched the internet and have tried absolute everything I still had the Lexmark driver disc and tried to reload it thinking that it might solve the problem Of course it didn't see the printer so I couldn't do that I can't install or fix from the HP installation disc nor the drivers online at the HP site Nothing Just that really annoying Runtime alert I've gone into to the Service to make sure the Printer spool is started sometimes it is not so I do but nada I'm even getting this ridiculous 'Hardware Found' alert right after I clear the Runtime alert and it can't find anything So - right now my 'Programs and Features' is showing that the HP Printer software is installed although I don't know how but no printer is showing up Even when I use 'Add Printer' that doesn't work I am at my absolute wits end The only thing I haven't tried is to edit the Registry because I do see a Lexmark sitting there under HKey Local Machine System CurrentControlSet Print But I am scared silly to get in there and try to remove it I've tried a System Restore but that didn't work either Really I've tried everything the net and your own forums and support groups suggest I've downloaded and tried all your 'fixit' programs but they come up with no suggestions Here's my system HP a n G GHz Vista Home Premium Service Pack Please Help

A:Spool.exe Annoyance

Welcome
Sorry that you are having problems. I found this article about your problem and it gives a solution.
I,however am not endorsing the remedy, I have no idea of the consequence. I merely present for your consideration and for you to make the final decision
That being said, I truly hope that either this or some other solution solves your problem.
I wish your a very Happy Holiday Season

C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error In Vista - Fix Now!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286230-spool-exe-annoyance.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I open an e mail and my computer is infected. I cannot get out of the
loop of going into windows xp and then to a blue screen which dumps
my memory into a hard disc. My computer ran once, and i thought i
deleted the spool virus but now i cannot operate my computer,, any
suggestions??? i believe the virus got in when i got an email stating
i got a letter from my daughter, and needed to down load a microsoft
program to open her letter... can any one give me the way to fix this??

thanks

kenny d

A:spool virus

have u tried booting into safe mode to remove the virus?
or using a boot disk...not that most ppl acutally have one lying around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spool-virus.612307/
Relevancy 42.57%

hello,

Does anyone know how to extract spool history from xp

i.e. what has been printed from windows xp ?

thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

Well I managed to get a couple of trojans Over various things viruses worms trojans etc Well I believe I have removed them all then only process I haveruning I know is viruses are cftmon exe and spool exe My first question- How do I remove these MSDos will not recognise it as a file it doesnt appear as a file and the process continually reoccurs Second questin- Can these install more and more Spool.exe Cftmon.exe And viruses with them Cftmon.exe And Spool.exe or any back up programs if i have these will anything else appear I have used over four programs AVG spybot norton and hi jack this these wont be removed I know spool exe is bad locate c window system drivers spool exe But as i said that where the process occurs I also have cftmon exe The bad version which i said to be found at application data cftmon exe thre processes running but isnt doesnt show up I have reset my computer and its still hidden I do have view all folder hidden and system files on and am on the admin account How do I kill these and why dont they show up Oh and microsoft cardspace wont work and system restore wont work i think im screwed

A:Cftmon.exe And Spool.exe

The microsoft cardspace and system restore services were probably just turned off by the virus but try downloading Avast! Antivirus and running a boot scan. This should remove any viruses before they can hook themselves on system processes.In answer to your second question. All it takes is one virus and you can end up with 40 in one day.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127146/cftmonexe-and-spoolexe/
Relevancy 42.14%

Has anyone come across an issue where any printer directly connected to the system suddenly stops working and shuts the print spool down? I go to restart the spool, print the test page and BAM! print spool has been stopped.

At first thought it was a possible infection but I can't find one. Performed a sys restore and it worked only to have a windows critical update start it all over again.....

Stuck on not having a solution....

Any ideas?

A:Print Spool issue

Quote: Originally Posted by bcarruth

Has anyone come across an issue where any printer directly connected to the system suddenly stops working and shuts the print spool down? I go to restart the spool, print the test page and BAM! print spool has been stopped.

At first thought it was a possible infection but I can't find one. Performed a sys restore and it worked only to have a windows critical update start it all over again.....

Stuck on not having a solution....

Any ideas?

If you care to, have a look at this Windows tutorial :
Printer problems in Windows
Printer problems in Windows

It has a 3 parts sessions.

Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/181278-print-spool-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Suddenly, my printers stopped working on my network. I went to "Printers and Faxes" and there are no printers listed in the box. I then tried to reinstall through the network and I get a "Windows Spool is not running" error and I cannot install printers.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:printer spool problem

Start > Run services.msc double-click on Print Spooler and try to start it. If it won't start check the dependencies and make sure they are also started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spool-problem.629517/
Relevancy 42.14%

I guess not many can help me on this issue, but I had another question...

-I can ping my PrintServer I've also disconnect and recheck to make sure no IP
conflicts
-I have re-installed all driver and start from scratch
-I have carefully check the Queue Name both IP address/subnet mask/gateway

Everytime I do a complete setup and do a test print, I see the file being spool but then disappear like nothing has happen. I do a search on spooling and disappear and they told me to check the IP for conflicts and correcting the Queue Name.

What shall I do?

A:Files being spool but disappear?

seeing the filed spooled says the printserver is receiving ok.
when the file gets deleted w/o being printed suggests you need the correct
print driver for the connected printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-being-spool-but-disappear.36861/
Relevancy 42.14%

I had many issues with IE browser, so I switched to Firefox to stop
the ads, and redirects.

Now my printer spool has been stopped. I can't see any of my printers, and when I try to ADD Printer I get the error:
'Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running.'

Gateway laptop
Windows XP

Thank you for any help.

A:printer spool lost. Please Help

I found a fix for my printer issue here on this forum with a Search.

http://forums.techguy.org/4686477-post2.html

I would still like someone to check my laptop for any Malware please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spool-lost-please-help.707805/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I tried to print a photo today on the HP which has worked fine in the past Today however I went to print and it wouldn t I opened the printer and faxes folder to find no printer in there Please Help Need Print Spool Corrupted I tried to Print Spool Corrupted Need Help Please run the HP diagonostic program which told me I didn t have the driver for the printer I downloaded the driver and tried to install it again only to find out the Print Spooler isn t working running I searched on Microsoft com for the fix and this is what I found RESOLUTION To resolve this problem follow these steps Click Start click Run type windir system and then click OK Note windir represents the folder where Windows is installed Right-click the spoolsv file Print Spool Corrupted Need Help Please and then click Rename Type oldspool and then press ENTER Insert the Windows XP disk in the computer s CD or DVD drive Press and hold down the SHIFT key as you insert the disk to prevent the Windows XP installation from starting automatically Click Start click Run type expand CD drive i spoolsv ex windir system spoolsv exe and then click OK Notes Make sure that there is a character space between quot spoolsv ex quot and quot windir quot CD drive represents the drive letter of the CD or DVD drive that contains the Windows XP disk For example if the letter of the CD or DVD drive is E type the following and then click OK expand E i spoolsv ex windir system spoolsv exe I followed all the steps verified after restart that the new file was present and tried again to no avail Anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it Thanks

A:Print Spool Corrupted Need Help Please

Give this a try:http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...ca93a03&p=1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123458/print-spool-corrupted-need-help-please/
Relevancy 42.14%

i have a number of theses in my event viewer

where it states my printer spool failed

any ideas to correct it

no drives avail from hp yet

see attached

A:problem with printer spool

Hi.

You can click on the blue link in the screenshot to see about any help from Microsoft and what they have to say about it.

If you don't understand something or would like us to interpret it, copy and paste it here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/38278-problem-printer-spool.html
Relevancy 42.14%

What does spool 32 error mean??? It is followed by " this program has performed an illegal operation..." This has happened several times, either on Windows startup, or when trying to save a file. My OS is 98. thanks in advance!

Relevancy 42.14%

Every time I reboot I get spool error. When I try and print something from my laptop through my desktop I get this error
UPDATE: 10:48AM 13 JUN2009
When I go to print from the laptop now, I get the error on my desktop and the printspooler service stops. I have to restart it through services.msc. After I get the error, I try and print something out from my desktop, the printer disappears and I have to restart the service again.

I use the desktop as a print server. It has worked fine in the past and I had it set up correctly. I think something got corrupted.
Laptop: nc8430, XPpro, Core 2 Duo T7200/2.0 GHz, 100GB, DVD+/-RWDL, 4GB RAM (RB554UT Build)
Desktop: S3200nx, XPHome, AMD Athlon XP2400+ 2.0 GHz, 120GB, 1GB RAM

A:Printer spool error

Hello Scottyo. I know nothing about printers but you may find something here that may help you.
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ytff1-tyc&p=Printer spool error&ei=UTF-8
Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spool-error.834976/
Relevancy 42.14%

after being involved with a few CAT6A installations where we were pulling off of spools, i now want nothing to do with boxes of cable...

now that i have a couple nice spool holders, i'm looking for a good source for good quality (no CCA junk), SPOOLED (not boxed) cat5e and cat6 cabling...

seems to be pretty hard to find... anybody know where i can buy some online for reasonable?

i know monster cable used to sell some boxes of cat5e that had an integrated spool in it, but you had to find it for sale at certain times on amazon... that stuff was also pretty glorious to work with...

https://hardforum.com/threads/place-to-buy-spool-of-cat5e.1911785/
Relevancy 42.14%

Anyone help me i have a printer that has worked properly for best part of a year but recently the print spool turns off on its own?
I have reset several times and cleared the print jobs in c/windows printer folder.

If i keepthe srvices folder open showing print spool and click print i can see the service stop?

I have window 7 and have run out of ideas

Dave

A:printer spool turns off

Hello Dave, welcome to SF!

Try performing a diagnostic startup; go to msconfig (search for it in the start menu), and you'll see the option. You'll have to manually start the print spooler service once, and hopefully it will stay on. Try printing something to confirm.

If that doesn't work, we are looking at some Windows corruption, and we will treat it as such.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151342-printer-spool-turns-off.html
Relevancy 42.14%

When trying to print then reinstall my printer I got the message "spool printer service not running."

A:Spool printer service

Start > Run type in services.msc, go to Print Spooler, double-click, set to automatic and start it.

If you have a Lexmark printer, you also have to set to automatic and start LexBcs Server service before starting Print Spooler.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spool-printer-service.652606/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Dell Inspiron S with Windows Vista Home Help! Printer Please Spool Issues, Premium -Bit running windows service pack My computer is shared by a handful of people and one day while I was using the computers and trying to print the icon for our printer Brother HL- just disappeared as if Printer Spool Issues, Please Help! it were uninstalled and there was no printer connected to the computer The first thing I did was restart the computer and printer and reinstall the printer So I plugged the printer into the computer and it didn't recognize Printer Spool Issues, Please Help! that there was anything attached so I tried quot Add Printer quot and got this error message So when I looked this up online every place I could find said this was a problem with the print spooler So I opened up services under Admin and started the print spooler and made sure that it was set to automatic which it already was So I went back to try to quot Add Printer quot again and got an error message but this time a different one as well as the spooler stopping itself again So the next thing I learned Printer Spool Issues, Please Help! was that it was probably a problem with the driver for the printer There is no print manager that I can find to uninstall the old driver so I went to the brother website and downloaded the newest driver for windows vista bit Put the file in its own folder extracted it and continued to install it only to get this error halfway through the installation So I click quot OK quot and the installation seems to finish in total If I go to try to install the printer nothing has changed

A:Printer Spool Issues, Please Help!

Greatings Antwonton and welcome to the forum.

Right click on Computer for the Start Menu
Select Manage
Click Continue

On the list to the left select Services and Application
Then next box to the right Double Click Services
Scrool through the list and find Print Spooler.

Double Click on Print Spooler
Make sure it is set to automatic if needed click Start then Apply and OK

If it ask to reboot the rebbot (should not).

How is the printer attached if USB then reconnect see if the system picks it up. You should also be able to reinstall the software now.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/126878-printer-spool-issues-please-help.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am not sure if this is a hardware issue or maybe more of a software issue. Anyway i am trying to print in a program called print master gold. I am using a Hewlett Packard Deskjet 880c(color). When i try to print i get the message "Windows could not write to the printer spool file. Make sure your disk has enough free space and try again". I am wondering if it has something to do with the printer memory. I hope some one can help. Thank you.

A:Printer Spool Error

I have the same program and the same printer and have had no problems. I would say that it is more then likely a setup problem with your printer. print master gold Has excellent tech support You might give them a call.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spool-error.34052/
Relevancy 42.14%

i have been trying to install a new printer for days now should be easy but it s been a nightmare when i run the istall disk that came with the printer it tells me print spool has stopped and needs to be restarted when i click ok it kicks me from install i tried to restart it manualy but i get an error message that says denied error so i went to microsofts suport page and found this To resolve this problem follow these steps Click Start click Run type windir system and then click OK Print Spool Stopped Note windir represents the folder where Windows is installed Right-click the spoolsv file and then click Rename Type oldspool and then press ENTER Insert the Windows XP disk in the computer s CD or DVD drive Press and hold down the SHIFT key as you insert the disk to prevent the Windows XP installation from starting automatically Click Start click Run type expand CD drive i spoolsv ex windir system spoolsv exe and then click OK Notes Make sure that there is a character space between quot spoolsv ex quot and quot windir quot CD drive represents the drive letter of the CD or DVD drive that contains the Windows XP disk For example if the letter of the CD or DVD Print Spool Stopped drive is E type the following and then click OK expand E i spoolsv ex windir system spoolsv exe Restart the computer that sounds easy enough but when i try to change the spoolsv file name i get another error message thats says the file is in use by another person or program im the only person logged onto this computer and i have tried restarting and even restarting in safemode but always get the same error when i try to rename the file can anyone help please

A:Print Spool Stopped

Something is using the spool service and you'll have to figure out what it is before being able to install the printer.

I'd suggest going to the Processes tab of Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and ending the processes there until you're able to install. Don't end the svchost.exe processes until last - as some of them will shutdown your system.

In the event that the system does give you the 1 minute countdown to shutdown - go to Start...Run...and type in "shutdown -a" (without the quotes) and press Enter. This will stop the automatic shutdown.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88506/print-spool-stopped/
Relevancy 42.14%

It looks like I have encountered a well known problem with installing a new printer.
I uninstalled the software for my old Lexmark printer prior to installing software for my new Kodak printer.
The problem I have encountered is that print spool services have stopped and will not restart.
I had a long online chat with Kodak...and tried a number of things...
Print Spool Services did have a dependancy on LexBces.exe (which I deleted via REGEDIT) but they still won't start!
Does anyone have anything that I could try?

A:Print Spool Stopped

Would you please describe what you see when you try to start the Print Spooler Service (I'm keeping a list).

The Print Spooler Service should have another dependency - Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

services.msc

Click OK to open the Service Applet.

Locate the Print Spooler Service, right click it, Choose Properties and then look at the Dependencies tab. The services listed there must be running before the Print Spooler will start. If they are not running, you will get an error 1068 or similar message about dependent services when trying to start the Print Spooler Service.

You should always see the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service and maybe some others depending on the type of printer you have installed (Lexmark printers can add some Dependency services to your XP configuration). All dependent services must be running before the Print Spooler Service will start.

The RPC service is necessary for a lot of things to work properly and is usually always running and set to Automatic start. If the RPC Service is not running and does not start Automatically, you may have another problem, but start with the easy stuff first.

From the Services Applet, locate the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service and if it is not running, right click it and start it and set it to Automatic.

Then locate and start any other Print Spooler dependency services listed in the Print Spooler Dependencies tab. Set the Startup type for any other Print Spooler dependency services to Automatic so they will start automatically the next time you reboot your system (if that is your desire).

When everything is running the way you want, reboot and check your Services again to be sure they start up properly and resolve any further
issues.

If the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is not listed as a dependency for your Print Spooler service, inform XP that the Print Spooler service depends on the RPC service.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter (including the important space after the equals sign):

sc config spooler depend= RPCSS

Don't forget the space after the equals (=) sign!

Click OK to assign the RPC service to the Print Spooler service, check the Print Spooler Dependencies again, be sure the RPC Service is running and start your Print Spooler Service.

Reboot to make sure any changes "stick".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351787/print-spool-stopped/
Relevancy 42.14%

This problem just started the past few days and has been really annoying. It BSOD randomly when I'm using my laptop.
I have defragged, ran a full AV check (KIS 11), reinstalled and updated drivers. I hope its not a hardware problem the one thing I suspect would be the graphics card as its been displaying fuzzy every so often.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64 Ultimate
- the original installed OS on the system? Vista
- Full Retail

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 1 year
- What is the age of OS installation? Half a year

Thanks for the solutions if you have any!

A:BSOD Bad spool header?

Hi, scan; and welcome to the forum. I looked at your three most recent dumps. Two of the three dumps directly blame Kaspersky. Kaspersky is a known cause of BSOD's on some Win 7 systems. Uninstall it with this removal tool: Tool. Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials in its place.

Out of date drivers can and do cause memory corruption and crashes. The following out of date drivers are loading on your system. They need to be updated or eliminated. Those in red font are really obsolete. Software and hardware designed for XP will not work with Win 7 if it cannot be update.

000.fcl Fri Sep 26 09:11:22 2008 - CyberLink FCL Driver. Video editing software, Multimedia Software and Blu-ray playback software by CyberLink. Update this software or uninstall it.

adfs.SYS Mon Nov 03 11:48:14 2008 - Adobe File System Driver. Adobe. See note below.

Apfiltr.sys Wed Dec 12 04:05:51 2007 - Alps pointing device. OEM - none at ?‚??ƒ??ƒ—?‚??›??—. Unistall this hardware or rename the driver.

btwl2cap.sys Fri Apr 03 20:28:45 2009 - Broadcom Bluetooth L2CAP Service from Broadcom Corporation belonging to Bluetooth Software. www.broadcom.com. Update this driver or uninstall Bluetooth.

iaStor.sys Tue Apr 15 20:26:03 2008 - Intel Storage drivers. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx. Update this driver.

LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 12:26:56 2008 - RemotelyAnywhere Mirror Miniport Driver or LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver. https://secure.logmein.com/US/home.aspx. This software is obsolete; uninstall it.

ManyCam_x64.sys Thu Mar 13 03:46:01 2008 - ManyCam Virtual Webcam. Download ManyCam free virtual webcam and webcam graphics software!. If there is no update for this driver, uninstall the webcam. It is obsolete. Upgrade to a new webcam.

rimssn64.sys Tue Sep 02 04:50:00 2008 - Ricoh Memory Card Reader driver. OEM - none at Home | Ricoh Global. Try updated this driver through your computer manufacturer's website. If there is no update, uninstall the card reader. It is obsolete.

RTKVHD64.sys Thu Jul 02 05:42:36 2009 - RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known issues w/Win7). RivaTuner. Uninstall Riva Tuner.

SFEP.sys Fri Aug 03 01:35:53 2007 - Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver. Sony eSupport - Electronics - Select Your Model. Update this driver.

VSTAZL6.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:53:42 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver. Conexant: Support. Update this driver. Try to update it from the Sony website.

VSTCNXT6.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:52:22 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver. Conexant: Support. See above.

VSTDPV6.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:57:45 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver. Conexant: Support. See above.

yk62x64.sys Wed May 20 04:14:06 2009 - NDIS6.2 Miniport Drive, Marvell: Support.

Note
To rename drivers, use Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers, locate the driver and rename it from .sys to .bak.

How to find drivers -

Quote:
- I have listed links to most of the drivers in the code box above. Please use the links there to see what info I've found about those drivers.
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

If you need help with the drivers, please post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/127595-bsod-bad-spool-header.html
Relevancy 41.71%

How do I restore my print spool function on my XP Professional Windows machine. I had disabled all windows functions and have not been able to restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spool-restore-on-xp-professional-xp2-288375.html
Relevancy 41.71%

NoelDp - thank you for your very rapid response - I hope I now have the forum correct This is the resultant file I would appreciate your comments Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Admin gt NET START SPOOLER The service is not missing Spool/Printers folders responding to the control function More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Users Admin gt SC QC SPOOLER SC QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS SERVICE NAME SPOOLER TYPE WIN OWN PROCESS interactive START TYPE AUTO START ERROR CONTROL NORMAL BINARY PATH NAME C Windows System spoolsv exe LOAD ORDER GROUP SpoolerGroup TAG DISPLAY NAME Print Spooler DEPENDENCIES RPCSS http SERVICE START NAME LocalSystem C Users Admin gt SC QUERRYEX SPOOLER ERROR Unrecognized command DESCRIPTION SC is a command Spool/Printers folders missing line program used for communicating with the Service Control Manager and services USAGE sc lt server gt Spool/Printers folders missing command service name lt option gt lt option gt The option lt server gt has the form quot ServerName quot Further help on commands can be obtained by typing quot sc command quot Commands query-----------Queries the status for a service or enumerates the status for types of services queryex---------Queries the extended status for a service or enumerates the Spool/Printers folders missing status for types of services start-----------Starts a service pause-----------Sends a PAUSE control request to a service interrogate-----Sends an INTERROGATE control request to a service continue--------Sends a CONTINUE control request to a service stop------------Sends a STOP request to a service config----------Changes the configuration of a service persistent description-----Changes the description of a service failure---------Changes the actions taken by a service upon failure failureflag-----Changes the failure actions flag of a service sidtype---------Changes the service SID type of a service privs-----------Changes the required privileges of a service qc--------------Queries the configuration information for a service qdescription----Queries the description for a service qfailure--------Queries the actions taken by a service upon failure qfailureflag----Queries the failure actions flag of a service qsidtype--------Queries the service SID type of a service qprivs----------Queries the required privileges of a service qtriggerinfo----Queries the trigger parameters of a service qpreferrednode--Queries the preferred NUMA node of a service delete----------Deletes a service from the registry create----------Creates a service adds it to the registry control---------Sends a control to a service sdshow----------Displays a service's security descriptor sdset-----------Sets a service's security descriptor showsid---------Displays the service SID string corresponding to an ar bitrary name triggerinfo-----Configures the trigger parameters of a service preferrednode---Sets the preferred NUMA node of a service GetDisplayName--Gets the DisplayName for a service GetKeyName------Gets the ServiceKeyName for a service EnumDepend------Enumerates Service Dependencies The following commands don't require a service name sc lt server gt lt command gt lt option gt boot------------ ok bad Indicates whether the last boot should be saved as the last-known-good boot configuration Lock------------Locks the Service Database QueryLock-------Queries the LockStatus for the SCManager Database EXAMPLE sc start MyService Would you like to see help for the QUERY and QUERYEX commands y n C Users Admin gt C Users Admin gt

A:Spool/Printers folders missing

Sorry - my fault that a typo got into the post!
(welcome to the forum, by the wya!)

Please run thsi (corrected) command

SC QUERYEX SPOOLER

post the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270619-spool-printers-folders-missing.html
Relevancy 41.71%

not working. i have been trying to get rid of a lot of malware & now my printer has issues. i cannot re-install it b/c i get the error "spooler service is stopped." I have tried to go through administrative tools--> component services --> doesnt work.

i have tried "add a printer" and it wont let me.

it just keeps saying "spooler service is not stopped"

i checked and the file C:/WINDOWS/system32/spoolsv.exe exists on my computer.

Please help if you can.

Thanks.
Laydi

A:spoolsv.exe & print spool service

it might be advisable to delete the spool server files and then try a reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spoolsv-exe-print-spool-service.241961/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hallo I recently got a blue screen justafter start up with a message about a quot bad spool header quot My brother an amateur computer technician tried repairing it by making a backupand reloading windows before reloading my files After I told him to leavewell enough alone and not to do anything that drastic For some reason his back up did not work and he say when he try to reload myold Samsung backup months old via Samsung recovery the computer gets the same error again So I want advice with two problems What program to use to get back my recently created music word and picturefiles I know such a program should be loaded bad and data Retrieving spool header on my backup drive and not the drive I try to recover data from My backup contains a month old Windows image backup too except for the month old files backup Would the image backup restore the programs I had atthe time and can I then put on top of that the files that are newer than the month old image backup In what order do I now go about retrieving dataand then creating a computer that do not give a quot bad spool header quot message after start up nbsp

A:Retrieving data and bad spool header

In case this is unclear, the data I want to retrieve is on the C drive that was now overwritten by newly loading Windows 7. I realize some data will not be there any more, but I want to retrieve as many of my recent files as I can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/retrieving-data-and-bad-spool-header.1114456/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

When I try and print, it says 'Printer spool device not found'. I have now found the device on admin tools and re started it. I then go back to the printer and get the same message. I go back to admin tools and the device has turned off again.

I have tried re installing the printer and I get a message saying it is not connected.

The printer is an HP. Their help desk says it is a computer error. Dell, finally, confirmed this.

Can anyone help with this (simple terms please)
Thanks

Jerry in sunny Jersey, Channel Islands

Relevancy 41.71%

My mother-in-law had her computer cleaned - apparently in the process something happened to the print spool file I ve tried calling the guy but haven t heard from him I ve tried all the suggestions I could find through this website none of them worked - then I Help! Solved: print all - tried suggestions... spool saw a posting with the same problem same error messages but it was closed with no apparent solution - ugh Here s the deal - Solved: print spool - tried all suggestions... Help! when I tried the suggestion Solved: print spool - tried all suggestions... Help! of going through Services I try whatever the suggestion was and get an error stating the file cannot be found I tried going thru system properties to DEP to Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select clicked Add typed in C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe - - it s not there - it doesn t exist I checked the Dependencies tab it shows RPC which I tried with it both started and stopped still no print spool Print spool shows up in Services but there is nothing next to it - no running just blank I ve been reading every thread I can find but as yet have not found an answer I m hoping that someone will have another suggestion Restoring doesn t work rebooting doesn t work - can t use the printer cd tried it cause there s no print spool PLEASE HELP I don t want to have to pay someone to fix this if I can do it Thanks kelly nbsp

A:Solved: print spool - tried all suggestions... Help!

Are you saying that you see nothing in the Services Microsoft Management Console (services.msc) other than the Print Spooler name itself? The four columns (Description, Status, Startup Type, Log On As) all show nothing? When you right-click it, you do not see Start, Stop, Restart or anything else? Right-click it and select Properties. Do you see the correct path in the Path to executible field? Should be: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

What type of a restore did you perform? A Restore by booting from your XP disk or a System Restore with restore points or...?

Have you tried running System File Checker? sfc /scannow

Also, give this a try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757

Try all of these suggestions and let us know. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-spool-tried-all-suggestions-help.841790/
Relevancy 41.71%

My trusty Epson Stylus Color has always worked well and as far as I know nothing has changed software settings etc but suddenly it won t print Every time I try to print I get the error msg quot Error while spooling unable to start the spool manager If I try again I get quot Espsmgr This program has performed an illegal operation quot details Espsmgr caused a general protection fault in module ESPSMGR EXE I disconnected the parallel cable and ran the printer self test -- no problem so I believe it must be a software problem I downloaded and installed new drivers from Epson not really new since there have been no changes the to manager start Unable spool in years But so far no luck When the queue window opens it is empty and the drop-down dialogs are grayed out except for quot exit quot The computer is PII Megs ram Mhz Win SE I am at the end of my limited wits and desparately need advice Many thanks GAinGA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-start-the-spool-manager.277749/
Relevancy 41.71%

Have deskjet 710C from HP running on p3 450 128mb ram. Each time a print is done we get a warning "Spool32" program performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown. etc..

Details show:
SPOOL32 caused an invalid page fault in
module ISM.DLL at 015f:02f61e04.
Registers:
EAX=0f4c0e04 CS=015f EIP=02f61e04 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=0a1409ec SS=0167 ESP=013be218 EBP=013be414
ECX=920d4e04 DS=0167 ESI=82c14000 FS=3fb7
EDX=00000001 ES=0167 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 41 08 85 c0 75 f5 2b ce 3b d3 89 4e 2c 74 03
Stack dump:
bff7755e 02f60000 02f62288 82c14000 00000001 02f62c10 02f63276 02f60000 00000001 00000000 00000000 02f60000 013be414 8170ef1c bff7ddcd 02f60000

Anyone have ideas to solve this problem please. Thanks in advance

A:{SOLVED} HP printer Spool 32 warning

This should fix you up:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q248/7/86.ASP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-printer-spool-32-warning.32653/
Relevancy 41.71%

Sometimes, when I try to print the screen, the printer only prints an ad banner at the top of the page and the rest is blank. When I was using AOL they said the spool folder needed to be emptied and gave me instructions on how to do it. Everything worked great after I emptied the folder. The symtoms are now identical but I am using SBCglobal/Yahoo and do not know how to do it. SBC said they would have to charge me for help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clearing-print-spool-folder.395789/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all First of all sorry for my english i'm not very good at writting it I'll make it short as possible I have a canon mp printer installed and worked well for couple of months without any problems We had a lightning cut off and suddenly my printer didin't want to work anymore it is related I don't know I find out that my print spool don't work now in my computer I have read all your other thread don't printer. Print work, spool do my so in this forum about it I've done a Print spool don't work, so do my printer. lot and try a lot either and it still don't work This thread was the only one really close to my problem I have checked the folder Windows System spool PRINTERS and it's empty I have checked the Dependencies but I can't find the http in my service Others are working My printer pool it not working and when I tried to start it it says His service status is stopped To be honest i spend working on it without any success and I'm tired

A:Print spool don't work, so do my printer.

is print spooler services depend of rpc and http?
rpc has been startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260167-print-spool-dont-work-so-do-my-printer.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Dell A920 printer. It started with a message saying that I don't have a printer installed, but I have used it for two years. I tried to re-install the drivers, but it said the print spool service would not start. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Relevancy 41.71%

I can access the spool folder from two programs but a third is a problem. Can anyone tell me please where to find the dialog box depicted in the uploaded photo? I'd much appreciate it. The manufacturer's nose is too high in the air to instruct a simple person like me and I know you folks are a lot more down to earth.

A:Advanced settings for spool folder

I right clicked spool folder and clicked "advanced." I didn't see that at first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221286-advanced-settings-spool-folder.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Okay Here is the story please please help and I will give you my Printer Add- HELP Can't Spool Running Disappeared - Not Pls first Printer Disappeared Can't Add- Spool Not Running - Pls HELP born oh wait she is a cryer Only Kidding Anyway I have windows XP with SP installed One day my printer was gone I clicked quot add a printer quot and got quot Operation could not be completed The print Spooler is not running quot If I try to install from my disk I get quot HP System check has determined that your system does not match the requirements specified on the box The following items do not meet the minimum requirement - Your operating system does not match the supported systems or service packs quot If I go to the Printer Wizard and install it says quot Problem installing the RPC Server is unavailable quot Okay so far I went in Admin Services and turned the spooler on which was off but as soon as I click quot Add a Printer quot it shuts off I checked all dependant things and made sure they were on and they are My printer is an HP PSC i If I look the Scanner and Fax are there but not the printer All the drivers are listed but only the drivers for the scanner and fax are in the index If someone can help me out I swear I will yell uncle on top of my house in a chicken suit Thanks Maggie

A:Printer Disappeared Can't Add- Spool Not Running - Pls HELP

Did you try uninstalling the printer, Did you go into control panel, system, device manager and look to see if you have the yellow exclamation mark next to the printer! Disconnect the printer from the computer, remove all the installed software for the printer. If you have a good registry cleaner, clean your registry up!
After doing all the above, shut down the system. Reconnect the printer, make sure its turned on, then power up your system, see if new hardware found message comes up. If it does, follow directions on the screen!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printer-disappeared-cant-add-spool-not-running-pls-help-47079.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Laptop - Sony Vaio VGN-A EP OS - WIN XP PRO SP VERSION Hi everyone I would be grateful if somebody could lend some assistance please My Auntie has asked if would look at her laptop for her but I m stumped I know the basics about pc s but I m struggling with this one The laptop details are above She downloaded Canon Mp series Mp Not sure of details of what this is Since the download she said she was unable to us her laptop due to spool errors Below are some steps I ve taken to try to fix the problem but I may not have done them correctly When I received the laptop I switched on and it went straight to Spool/blue problem screen the blue screen after start up This does this everytime I started in safe mode and tried to uninstall the program which she had downloaded I was unable to do this as it said that the Spool was not running I was unable to start it in safe mode I tried Spool/blue screen problem a system restore several times I ran the only virus check which was on the laptop malwarebytes and nothing was detected I Spool/blue screen problem managed to log on long enough in normal start-up to uninstall the Canon program but Spool/blue screen problem the problem continues I ve looked on several forums for help I ve tried deleting unrequired registers printers amp drivers and have reloaded xp SP from the Microsoft site but no different I would be happy to try a factory reset but I can t work out how to do it I don t have the cd F or alt F doesn t work on startup and there isn t a Sony Vaio recovery program Can t find any way to do it Tried booting in safe mode with networking but instantly get the blue screen so I have no internet access Any downloads I have done has been through my phone then transferred Not easy I ve tried other things too but can t recall them all at the moment Does anybody have any suggestions please safe mode is the only way I can log on Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone. Im unable to print due to a malfuntion of my Print Spooler.. Ive done ALL the research possible online, and CANT find the solution... I've read that the fix is to go to administrative tools, and click on "Print Spooler, or Spooler" The problem is my computer doenst have a Spool, printer, printer spooler file.. What can i do ?? Please help.
Pat

Relevancy 41.71%

I m working on restoring a printer after a virus removal The virus seems to have been completely removed via McAfee agent connecting VNC to this computer and Broken Spool Service Print removing it Well since then the printer is not working I can not simply add a printer due to this error quot Operation could not be completed The print spooler is not running quot So I tried to start the service but then Broken Print Spool Service I get this quot Error Could not find the file specified quot From here I checked the systemroot system and could not find the spoolsv exe file RPC service is running but when I try to Broken Print Spool Service run a expand -r h i spoolsv ex c windows system spoolsv exe It tells me that it can not find the input file or the output file I ve tried booting into safe mode I ve tried loading an UBCD Win and I get smiliar errors each time Are there any other work arounds for this

A:Broken Print Spool Service

Do you have an H: drive and does it have an i386 sub-directory on it? Have you checked inside there to see if the spoolsv.ex_ file exists. It may be in another subdirectory - or it may be in one of the .cab files. Locating it will be the key to expanding it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166839/broken-print-spool-service/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Guys Nice to meet you all am a newbie at this and have messed up my computer am kinda freaked out and need help I had this nasty Delsim dialer on my computer and used PervX to remove it That went well and the nasty little malware was gone Only problem is it attached to a file called WinDv exe Did some research--maybe not enough and found out that WinDv exe was not too important so I had PervX remove it Problem is now when I try to print the print spooler does not work I May Have Posted IN Wrong Forum I am On Windows not XP apologize for this I also get an error quot missing windv exe quot error when computer boots not that i mind Oh Printer Print No Docs Spool Won't but it may be interfering with the printer that is my question Went into services to start the print spooler even did a manual from Run it but it would always start but as soon as I go back to add a printer then it stops again Someone said to disable the fax so disabled that Now the printer stays on start but still get the error message quot printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources quot Tried it now and it will not stay on start after I try to add a printer it will stop again I am on Professional Thank you Peace trusting in the Lord

A:Oh No Printer Spool Won't Print Docs

Hi peacerosetx. windv.exe is not associated with the spooler. The malware probably broke your spooler, or maybe even PervX.http://windv.mourek.cz/First try to reinstall the printer driver.If that doesn't work try to do a System Restore to a date before your PC became infected. However, System Restore is notorious for not working when you need it most. If you have an XP Installation disc then you can try System File Checker (SFC). Start > Run > sfc /scannowSFC will ask you to insert your XP Installation disc into the optical drive. Do so and SFC will run for half an hour or so. Hopefully it will repair the spooler files.If SFC doesn't fix the problem do a Repair Install.XP Repair Install instructionsIf you don't have an XP Installation disc you may have to back up your important files and perform an XP Restore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107178/oh-no-printer-spool-wont-print-docs/
Relevancy 41.71%

One person using a network printer is receiving spool32 errors. She can't print directly to the printer because it's on a network. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help!

DMason

A:spool error on network printer

It is a long shot but delete the printer and then reinstall it.

If that dont work e-mail me at

[email protected]
i have other sergestins to this as i had the same error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spool-error-on-network-printer.32701/