Windows Support Forum

CPU jumps to 100% then back to normal when playing games

Q: CPU jumps to 100% then back to normal when playing games

As the tilte says my CPU is jumping to 100% usage for a few seconds then back to normal (40-50%) when playing games.
This is more noticeable when I'm streaming and is more frequent.

This happens when playing games and streaming but not when idle or internet use.

My CPU jumps to 100% use and causing a massive fps drop froim 45-50 to 6fps for the few seconds that it is at full load.

CPU - FX 8320 @4.4Ghz
H100i Cooling
Motherboard - Asrock 970 extreme 4
GPU - GTX 550ti (evga stock speeds)
12GB ram - 8gb crucial tracer tactical and 4gb corsair vengance
1tb WD Black for main storage and OS
1tb WD blue for recordings
264gb ssd's with DayZ on one and arma 2 on the other

any help would be great.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CPU jumps to 100% then back to normal when playing games

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CPU jumps to 100% then back to normal when playing games

Alright, what's the process taking up 100% CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-jumps-to-100-then-back-to-normal-when-playing-games.199679/
Relevancy 71.81%

I've been having this issue for almost three years now, and it triggers whenever it wants. I used the utility I was instructed to use and attached are the results.

BAD_POOL_HEADER

A:Random BSOD - Playing Games, Normal Use

Welcome to SF .

The bugcheck points to the graphics side of the PC.

Your GPU is having issues:

Code:
ATI Radeon HD 4250 Error_Code 43

Code:
fffff880`084255f8 fffff880`0539cd7a dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::DestroyOneAllocation+0x2e6
fffff880`08425608 fffff880`0539d711 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseOneAllocation+0x275
fffff880`08425638 fffff880`05392127 dxgmms1!VidSchiInterlockedInsertTailList+0x47
fffff880`08425698 fffff880`02cb7122 dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::ReleaseDdiSync+0x3a
fffff880`084256d8 fffff880`0538398f dxgmms1!VidMmDestroyAllocation+0x4f
fffff880`08425708 fffff880`02cee06f dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::DestroyAllocations+0x5eb
fffff880`08425768 fffff880`05383d84 dxgmms1!VidMmTerminateAllocation+0x268
fffff880`084257a8 fffff880`0539d420 dxgmms1!VidMmiProcessTerminationCommand
fffff880`084257f8 fffff880`02ced65f dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::ProcessTerminationList+0xa3
fffff880`08425848 fffff880`02ceda03 dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::TerminateAllocations+0x1db
fffff880`08425898 fffff880`02cf1ae8 dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::DestroyAllocation+0x448
fffff880`084258b8 fffff880`02cb83af dxgkrnl!DXGFASTMUTEX::Acquire+0x13
fffff880`084258e8 fffff880`02cb807b dxgkrnl!COREACCESS::AcquireShared+0xfb
fffff880`08425928 fffff880`02cf41a3 dxgkrnl!DxgkDestroyAllocation+0x9bf
Those particular drivers are pretty recent but not your Chipset drivers,

Code:
AtiPcie.sys Tue May 05 18:00:22 2009
Driver Reference Table - AtiPcie.sys
Update :: Gigabyte Support

Reinstall the GPU driver:

Uninstall Catalyst Control Center using | AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility
Then follow through with a pass of Driver Sweeper.
Download version 13.1

Note
Install the display driver only! | Do not install the Catalyst Control Center software.

Your razer keyboard driver is very old!

Code:
Lycosa.sys Fri Jan 18 10:51:42 2008
Driver Reference Table - Lycosa.sys
My suggestion is to stop using it for troubleshooting proposes, but if you don't have a spare,
update the driver software.
Synapse 2.0

Remove any gigabyte Utilities as they cause issues:

Code:
Programs\Gigabyte Technology Corp
Programs\GIGABYTE\EasySaver
Keep us posted .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303695-random-bsod-playing-games-normal-use.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone,
I'm pretty much desperate at this point,I've been having all sorts of trouble with my Laptop since his purchase almost 3 years ago.

Now i'm having costant BSODs while playing Counter Strike:Global Offensive but also randomly not doing anything in particular. I've got lots of different BSODs:1000007e,00000109,0000003b,0000000a,0000001a,00000116
I've tried updating the drivers downloading them directly from the AMD website but while they we're installing my computer crashed and i had to use recovery mode because my resolution went crazy and it wouldn't go back to normal.
Please don't be too harsh with me for my english skills i'm still learning this wonderful language
I attached my DUMP files from the diagnostic tool on the thread.
P.S
I'm pretty much a computer noob

A:Multiple BSOD while doing normal routine and also while playing games

Welcome to SF Frarassu .

I see several possible issues raging bad RAM to outdated drivers and filter programs.
The MSINFO32 file is corrupt so please take another shot at uploading a new version of it.

Please upload the MSINFO32 file:

Start → Run → type MSINFO32 then hit Enter.
In MSINFO32 go to, File → Save → name it your user-name.
Once the file is saved right click it and choose Send to → Compressed (zipped) folder.

Attach the file in your next post.
I would also like you to test your RAM and thermals before we continue onwards with the added information.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc;

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

First run it with all the existing/installed RAM modules. If it comes with no error, all is good.

But if it starts showing errors, Stop testing. Errors/red lines means one or more RAM is faulty. But the fault may occur due to a faulty DIMM slot, too, which is a motherboard component. Using memtest86+, you can discriminate between a faulty RAM and a faulty motherboard.

How? Say you have two RAM sticks and two DIMM slots. You obtained errors at the test with all RAM sticks installed. Now, remove all the sticks but one. Test it in all the available slots, one by one. Continue the same procedure for all the available sticks.
How to make the inference that is it a RAM issue or it is a motherboard issue? Suppose you have got the result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorErrorRAM2GoodGood It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorGoodRAM2ErrorGood It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

Test for thermals and stability:
Download HWinfo and post a Screenshot of the sensors window, one at idle and another while putting load on the PC using Prime95 for the CPU side and Furmark for the GPU.Before running Prime95 make sure to enable Round-off checking (see 1st post under the tutorial).

Note
It is not mandatory to run both tests simultaneously, although possible as long as the temperatures are under constant monitoring.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316703-multiple-bsod-while-doing-normal-routine-also-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Ok so everything is in the zip. It is a restart so I do not know what exactly to call it, but it doesn't generate a dump file at all even though it is set to create one and everything had worked fine but it started restarting as of this month. file is an attachment

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384531-computer-restart-when-playing-games-normal-mode.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Ill get different kinds of BSOD while doing normal activities and also while playing games. Usually with a few different error messages such as IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUal or Reference by pointer ect. I've tested my hardrive and done multiple mem tests. I'm confident I have conflicting drivers but I need help.

Ill attach the dump files.

A:Frequent BSOD while doing normal things + while playing games.

Hi JohnAbyss.

What is is WLAN card? Search for possible updates in MediaTek - Downloads Windows

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Some elements are reported to be failing in the dumps (like bridge.sys) which should not fail. So take the tests and let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317777-frequent-bsod-while-doing-normal-things-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I've only confirmed this on Lord of the Rings Online and Final Fantasy XIV beta client so far, but the mouse cursor has a tendency to jump to one of the four corners of the screen and keep going in that direction (it remains visible at the corner of screen) for about a second or two before I can regain control of it. When this happens while I'm rotating the view during play, it causes the camera to spin around really fast and is extremely disorienting (and also makes my character move in an entirely different direction if I'm moving it at the same time). If you need the dxdiag to diagnose the problem, I'll be able to put it up once I get home in about 3 hours.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-jumps-to-corner-of-screen-when-playing-directx-games.945929/
Relevancy 70.09%

Good day I and very new and sorry if games ntsokrnl.exe bsods: dxgmm1.sys playing Random us normal and when I screw this post up Random bsods: dxgmm1.sys ntsokrnl.exe when playing games and normal us I have been struggling with BSODs since I built Random bsods: dxgmm1.sys ntsokrnl.exe when playing games and normal us this pc dec and I am super frustrated I am at the en of my rope and seriously feel like giving up i would greatly appreciate ANY help or advice that can make this easier for me So thank you in advance I get BSODs when playing most new games as well as normal pc browsing I have tried alot of solutions that I have found on here - memtest passed fine passes if i remember correctly - uninstall amd drivers and use driver sweeper and install newest drivers even the beta - uninstalled daemon tools - virus and malware scans - reseated graphics card and cables - I have installed amd driver without catalyst however this makes my display wonky in terms of having a black border around windows and not being able to scale to my screen size - updated bios and various other chipset drivers I hope you guys can help and hopefully resolve it this pc to me cost a buch of money and its so bad to see it not working properly anyway thank you again

A:Random bsods: dxgmm1.sys ntsokrnl.exe when playing games and normal us

Welcome to SF ifiwereamonster .

You seem to have tried anything already. You said you have updated the BIOS,
yet you have the first release, did you flash it back?
Which releases have you tired, if any?
Asus's webpage regarding your motherboard, B85-PLUS, lists seven new releases
since the initial 0309.

The most predominate driver across all of the 23 BugChecks is AMD's GPU driver
that being atikmdag.sys.
Have you tried running the system without the GPU (graphics card)?
Try using the integrated graphics and see if the BSOD's continue.
Please remove all and any of Asus's Utilities.
What releases of Catalys Control Center have you tried?
Is the GPU overclocked in any way shape or form?
What is the make, model and age of your PSU?
Fill out this form and post back the result:
Power Supply Calculator

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320771-random-bsods-dxgmm1-sys-ntsokrnl-exe-when-playing-games-normal-us.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Sometimes after 10pm my computer starts freezing up with BSODs. It could be on startup, surfing web or starting a game. Error 0x000000c4 I think. Any advice will be welcomed.

Driver Verifier is off.

A:Random BSOD on start-up, normal usage and playing games

I would suggest you to uninstall MagicISO /MagicDisc, as the SCSI Adapter installed by it causes startup time BSODs.

ITEMVALUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.Status OKPNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 10/4/2013 10:54 PM)
The nature of the BSODs caused by it that it takes place before you get into the desktop. So the crash dumps are not completely recorded. All of your Last day's BSOD dumps are incomplete.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Got one crash dump readable. It indicates to a driver bug.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. This is
because the driver was specified in the registry as being suspect (by the
administrator) and the kernel has enabled substantial checking of this driver.
If the driver attempts to corrupt the system, bugchecks 0xC4, 0xC1 and 0xA will
be among the most commonly seen crashes.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000091, A driver switched stacks using a method that is not supported by
the operating system. The only supported way to extend a kernel
mode stack is by using KeExpandKernelStackAndCallout.
Arg2: 0000000000000002
Arg3: fffff80003416cc0
Arg4: 0000000000000000
And the buggy driver is the display driver.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {91, 2, fffff80003416cc0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1b775d )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
The driver version is .....

Code:
fffff880`04821000 fffff880`052c8000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jan 18 18:52:15 2013 (50F94C87)
CheckSum: 00A92B69
ImageSize: 00AA7000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
We know that the particular version is buggy, we have noticed it to behave in the same way many a times. Install the 314.22 WHQL only.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Let us know the results.
____________________________________... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299008-random-bsod-start-up-normal-usage-playing-games.html
Relevancy 70.09%

As the title says, I am bsoding when playing CS:GO. It just started happening today, my pc has been rock solid until now. Looking at the dumps it looks like a hardware issue, but I haven't changed any of my hardware recently. The crashes happen anywhere from 4 minutes in to an hour out.

What I've tried so far:
Updated all the drivers
Airdusted the inside of my case
Running memtest overnight - will update
Ran malwarebytes - nothing detected
Ran SFC /SCANNOW - it fixed something idk what it was but after restart I still got BSODs when playing CS:GO
PC Specs:
i7 4790k @4.4
ASROCK Z97
Corsair H50 Liquid Cooling
120 GB Samsung EVO SSD
250 GB Samsung EVO SSD
1 TB HDD
GTX 970 4GB
16 GB Ram @ 1866
600W PSU

I've attached the blue screen dumps below

A:BSOD playing Games only, normal computing completely fine

Quote: Originally Posted by yeHHH

As the title says, I am bsoding when playing CS:GO. It just started happening today, my pc has been rock solid until now. Looking at the dumps it looks like a hardware issue, but I haven't changed any of my hardware recently. The crashes happen anywhere from 4 minutes in to an hour out.

What I've tried so far:
Updated all the drivers
Airdusted the inside of my case
Running memtest overnight - will update
Ran malwarebytes - nothing detected
Ran SFC /SCANNOW - it fixed something idk what it was but after restart I still got BSODs when playing CS:GO
PC Specs:
i7 4790k @4.4
ASROCK Z97
Corsair H50 Liquid Cooling
120 GB Samsung EVO SSD
250 GB Samsung EVO SSD
1 TB HDD
GTX 970 4GB
16 GB Ram @ 1866
600W PSU

I've attached the blue screen dumps below

The minidumps aren't pointing to a specific driver, which is kind of annoying

Could you try to get the computer to BSOD again and upload the latest minidump from C:\Windows\Minidump

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372475-bsod-playing-games-only-normal-computing-completely-fine.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I subscribe to on own jumps its back site Web WebMD so get e-mails from them almost daily Most of the e-mails let you go to a slideshow about some medical subject often a quiz where you try Web site jumps back on its own to answer questions to see how much you know about diseases or health But about a month ago I noticed that after flipping forward on one of the slideshows exactly sec later I was automatically I didn t touch anything switched back to the beginning of the slides Made no difference whether I had already flipped forward any number of slides it took me back to slide It only does this once If you flip forward again after being moved back to the first slide it doesn t flip you back there again My default browser is Chrome I first wanted to eliminate Chrome as the culprit so set Firefox as my default browser went to one of the WebMD e-mails clicked on and started the slideshow flipped forward a couple of slides then started counting seconds Bingo Exactly sec after moving to the rd slide I was unceremoniously moved back to slide So it s NOT the browser I suspect the site Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so have you concluded that it s the site not your computer and do you know what the site is doing that causes this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-site-jumps-back-on-its-own.1166588/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,
I am trying to selectively delete a number of subfolders, working in Windows Explorer. Every time I delete one folder, windows 7 jumps me back to the parent folder, so I have to scroll down again to where I left off. Very inefficient. In XP, the next folder in the list is highlighted after deleting one. I know Windows 7 is not XP, but this seems to be another unnecessary annoyance with file management, added to my growing list of file management annoyances.

I suppose MS found some good reasons to make file management so cumbersome, or I am not yet with the program, or there is something I can do to make this better, and I haven't yet found it
Is there something I can do to avoid this? Is there some other view of Windows Explorer I can use?
If I'm stuck with it, I'll learn to live with it.
Many thanks.

Jack

A:Win Explorer jumps back to parent

Hello Jack,

If the subfolders are in the same folder, you could use the check box option to check the ones you wish to delete to be able to delete them all at once.

Select Items with Check Boxes

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/172984-win-explorer-jumps-back-parent.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have Dell Latitude D510.  Recently the cursor has been jumping back when typing, so I find the last few letters appear earlier on in the document.  It's not a Word issue, as happens sometime when typing in Google.
Touchpad only has basic features activated.
Seems to relate to when I rest on the laptop, as if I hover it seems ok - but this is impractical & a bad typing posture!
Other non-Dell forums talk of several causes and several cures, none of which help!
Any ideas, or do I need a new laptop?
Thanks

A:Cursor jumps back when typing

I suspect you are accidentally touching something on the touchpad.  I have that trouble when I'm using my wife's Acer laptop, as I'm used to typing using a regular keyboard on a Desktop PC.  Actually, I have a lot of problems trying to type on any laptop keyboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19274492
Relevancy 58.48%

Now this is my friend's laptop so the description is wat he gave me. He thought he had some viruses,was already running AVAST av,installed Bit Defender Total Security 2008 on top of that,ran bit defender,it quarentined some stuff,dont know wat as I wasnt there,now the problem is ..as soon as he logs on to winxp,the desktop remains blank,no icons appear & within seconds windows logs off and goes back to the screen where u put your password & logon..tried going into safe mode but same problem,cant even stay logged on long enough to uninstall Bit Defender,Log-off is instantaneous...any help would b most appreciated...many thanks

A:XP jumps back to LOGIN screen ...

umm...help ...any1 :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-jumps-back-to-login-screen-261489.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I installed ie8 and noticed that my back button would no longer navigate to the last page but jump back to the last viewed domain. I uninstalled, but ie7 continues to do the same. Any ideas/

A:Back button jumps to last domain

excuse my ignorance, but what folder are you referring to by ***

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/back-button-jumps-to-last-domain-382375.html
Relevancy 57.62%

undefinedundefinedHAVING PROBLEMS ON START-UP, SCREEN COMES ON GOES THROUGH START-UP--SCREEN GOES BLACK -COMES BACK ON -NOW COLORS HAVE REVERTED TO LOW BIT (8)- i THEN CLICK ON PROPERTIES, SETTINGS AND CLICK BACK ON 32 BIT COLOR -APPLY AND OK, THIS DOES IT EVERY TIME I START UP, GETTING TO BE A PAIN- WINDOWS XP OS, WAS OK PRIOR TO LAST YEARS VIRUS, I HAVE DONE INSTALLATION OF SERVICE PAK 1, GOT ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAM ANY HELP APPRECIATED [email protected]

A:Color Changing On Start-up Jumps Back To Low Bit

post with caps off
reinstall your video drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/color-changing-on-start-up-jumps-back-to-low-bit.228431/
Relevancy 57.62%

I use Firefox, but I don't think that's a problem. I just ran Malwarebytes and it said there were no issues. I have Norton Security for my anti-virus program and it also said I have no problems.

So why won't my computer stay on the page I go to instead of jumping back to previous page I was on? My Flash Player is up-to-date, if that matters.

A:My computer jumps back to the previous page often

sounds like you have a stuck key on your keyboard. Is this a laptop or desktop? If using an external keyboard, turn it upside down and blow out the spaces in between with a can of compressed air, remove all food and dust particles.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-jumps-back-to-the-previous-page-often-993002.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Our hard drive failed about a week recognized, existing USB Bootable to cannot be jumps OS back or two Bootable USB cannot be recognized, jumps back to existing OS ago It Bootable USB cannot be recognized, jumps back to existing OS is partially corrupt to the point where it eventually gives a stop error I personally performed a live CD recovery using Ubuntu and I extracted most of the Bootable USB cannot be recognized, jumps back to existing OS hard drive's contents I was unable to extract the user documents however if somebody could also tell me how to do that I'd be belated After most of the stuff we needed was backed up I decided to proceed with Dell's recovery mechanism Unfortunately it is messed up so I want to perform CHKDISK by using a Windows evaluation copy After downloading it I formated a USB drive I then used the command line on Mac OS X and loaded a bootable version onto the USB drive Now I go into the affected computer's BIOS to change the boot order I set removable storage before the corrupted hard drive and after the optical disk drive However after inserting the USB into the system it jumps straight to the OS I then rebooted and manually selected the USB option which still failed I switched ports and you guessed it It still fails to boot and it's really annoying Please tell me how to fix this Many thanks

A:Bootable USB cannot be recognized, jumps back to existing OS

For extracting the user documents, try this: Emergency Kit - save your files from a dead OS

And for the booting with the USB stick watch for a message on the top left of the screen that says: " Press any key ".

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/316727-bootable-usb-cannot-recognized-jumps-back-existing-os.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an annoying issue with my laptop. The focus reverts to the desktop about once ever 20 mins or so. It is very annoying because any application has it's focus taken away and I'm reverted to the previous active window.I'm not sure if there is a virus or something causing the problem. Would someone please help me solve this?

A:Windows 7 Reverts/Jumps Back to Desktop

Not really following.  What are you meaning by that the "focus" is being taken away from the current window that you are in.  Are you using Windows Ease of Access Magnifier?  What program is it that you are in, that window ends up being taken over by another program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518468/windows-7-revertsjumps-back-to-desktop/
Relevancy 57.62%

I've noticed this bug out of the corner of my eye for years, but only last week did I actually completely see it in action. When I save a file in Notepad by pressing "Save", my cursor will jump backwards a couple characters (including to the previous line where applicable). It only happens with the first save for a session, not with further saves and will only happen again if I exit Notepad, click on the file again, start typing or just put the cursor somewhere and press "Save" again. I've noticed a few mentions of this in Google, but never an answer if its a known bug with Windows XP or something else.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello.

I tried to download JRT which is on page 2 of downloads section. After asking for Mozilla to Allow download, I say Yes and instead of download, computer just skips back to page 1 of downloads section.

Also ran MBytes and it found PUP.Optional....Jumpyapps

Deleted it but I think it reloads and re-infects. Quick scanning now.

Any help with getting JRT to download, much appreciated.

wpfast

A:JRT will not download, insteads jumps back to page 1

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/522368 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522368/jrt-will-not-download-insteads-jumps-back-to-page-1/
Relevancy 57.62%

My curser will disappear, jump back a few words or erase what I have typed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:When typing, my curser jumps back a few words.

Are you on a laptop?

If so, then watch where you are dragging your thumbs across the touch pad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-typing-my-curser-jumps-back-a-few-words.1058364/
Relevancy 57.62%

asside from all the other issues im having with my newly aquired vista, this is the biggest at the moment:

my newly built PC, with vista home premium 64bit installed, has problems with the mouse jumping during games, more specifically, during an fps game, on right click to zoom in with the weapon, the view will jump, so on clicking, im suddely facing a random direction, and the view seems to be randomised on both pressing and releasing the button, ive had this in BF2, farcry, crysis SP demo, but did not seem to effect COD4 demo, and all other aspects of mouse usage are fine, i.e it does not shift the view on the left click, nor does the pointer appear to jump about on the right click when on the desktop

i have tested this with two mice, both optical usb, one wired, one wireless, and it seems to happen with both of them

help appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I have just sold my Nokia 625 - the buyer has complained it is jumping to home screen when using apps/browser -
I'm assuming when they set up the phone (I sold it back to factory reset) it updated - are there "bugs" or anything else that would be doing thus ?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436779-jumps-back-home-screen-when-using-apps-browser.html
Relevancy 57.19%

The last few days I've had a problem with the mouse cursor jumping back from a vertical scroll bar. When I try to put the cursor over the bar, the cursor "jumps" back an inch or so. It happened even on this page, but it doesn't happen every time I try this. What's going on? (OS is Windows 7, 64 bit)

A:Mouse Cursor Jumps Back From Vertical Scroll Bar

I might try uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver for your mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-jumps-back-from-vertical-scroll-bar.1100170/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have tried compressing cds to wmas using windows media player. The problem is it tends to jump backwards and repeat sections or miss bits during playback. This problem occures when the tracks on the cd are joined together, i.e when one track changes to the next track without a brake in the sound. When Im listening, the jump tends to be at the track transition, but can happen in the middle.

Is there a good free alternative cd compression utility?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-jumps-and-repeats-when-playing-wma%C2%92s-from-cd.339007/
Relevancy 56.76%

i'm totally clueless... windows media plays cds and mp3s fine, but dvd audio skips and distorts... i've tried troubleshooting but it doesn't seem to help... any help would be seriously appreciated...

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

My Windows 7 Home Premium on a Lenovo B540 Desktop can't seem to load past the login screen (like literally the screen with the user accounts).

When i click on any of my 5 user accounts on the login screen, the screen is left with the background image of the login screen, then after a couple of seconds jumps back to the login screen with the 5 accounts again. I don't even progress to be able to type in my password as the password prompt doesn't appear at all.

Hope to be able to resolve it ASAP, there's impt data inside ><

Thank you!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386598-windows-7-jumps-back-login-screen-when-username-clicked.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Here's some weird behavior... when I use an "open file" dialog box, and go to select a file, after a half-second or so, the cursor jumps back to the drop-down list at the top. After that, it's fine. Very annoying.

It's not the mouse or keyboard hardware. Why? Because it also happens when I VPN into the machine from a remote site.

OS is WinXP Pro with SP2.

Thanks for your responses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-selection-dialog-cursor-jumps-back-to-drop-down.538433/
Relevancy 56.33%

I seem to be having another problem I can randomly games Jumps, closing problems downloading, and not download many things for some reason I tried to Jumps, problems downloading, and games closing randomly get combofix back to see if that would work but for some reason I can not open the page to reinstall it Also while having mozilla and Warcraft open for a small period of time it closes automatically Whenever Warcraft closes a window pops up and says a fatal error has occured This only occurs after I have entered a game online Whenever mozilla closes a window pops up saying that it crashed Also when trying to search google I get sent to other sites Here is my hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Jumps, problems downloading, and games closing randomly System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Jumps, problems downloading, and games closing randomly Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system FSRremoS EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin USB F D Wireless Utility Belkinwcui exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite ccprovsp exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus caavGUIScan exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stma... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

I installed rogue squadron on my mother PC and the pointer (a glove) used via keyboard or mouse jumps all around non-stop.
I tried various things upgrading video driver upgrading direct x.
I even installed a optical mouse. Then her mother board went bad so I installed a new one, it did not have intergrated video so I put in a 64mb g3(I believe video card) in it. It still doing the same thing. I lowered the hardware acceleration for the video card. I even had a priest in to exorcise it.(ok that part I made up). Just recently I installed Madden 2003 and noticed same problem the pointer jumps all around and changes settings. By the way I tried these games on my antique 4 yr old system and everything runs fine but a little slow. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks

Her system
1.0 ghz Duron
350+ Ram
40 Gb hard drive
64mb g3 video

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all,

I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm using a blue tooth mouse and have noticed the BSOD will usually happened if I'm using it. I've also noticed that my laptop screen with black out for a split second on games that are quite graphics intensive for my system.

Its been frustrating me a lot so I reinstalled and fully updated windows 7. The GPU drivers are all up to date also.

I've attached the SF file that is required and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time

A:BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games

Welcome to the Forum.

Just to make a note, you are having lot of different codes:

Code:
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e11993}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033db5b0, fffff8800b079f40, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e78993}
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800144b039, fffff880037473d8, fffff88003746c30}
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8011ca7f40, fffffa8011ca7fb0, fffffa8011ca7f40}
Free up the start up:
Startup Programs - Change
Your antivirus is the only thing that's really needed there.

Run a system file check and disk check on your Hard drives:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check

Trend Micro can be a cause of BSOD's. Uninstall for testing purpose.
Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver - 2007 version has BSOD issues in Win7
Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver [br] 2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Windows

Uninstall the above software using the free version of Revo Uninstaller. While uninstalling a software, opt for advance uninstall. This allows you to remove and delete registry left over of a stubborn program. Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make a full scan separately:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Malwarebytes Free
Do not start the free trial, un-tick that option.

Make scans with:
Kaspersky TDSSKiller - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
ESET online scanner - Online Virus Scanner Eset

Test RAM with memtest86+:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Bugcheck

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 05:52:07.477 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:01:59.710
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeUnlockPages+31 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_9a
PROCESS_NAME: dxhr.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 04:49:27.394 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:15.627
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+4e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 03:59:20.770 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:01:07.613
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObDereferenceSecurityDescriptor+20 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 01:49:52.769 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:15.002
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+28 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Fri Jul 12 17:07:27.471 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:09.705
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Etw... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297156-bsod-whilst-playing-various-games-also-happens-when-not-playing-games.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Tecra 8200 with Win XP professional

The cursor randomly freezes and jumps back to life after a few seconds, very occasionally I have to re-boot.
This happens both with the keyboard mouse or a remote mouse.

Hope some one can help as it's driving me mad.

Cheers
Matt

A:Cursor randomly freezes and jumps back to life on Tecra 8200 with Win XP

It could be caused by anything.

However I had this problem on my previous laptop, it was the wireless card causing it.

Try disabling it in Device Manager and see how that goes.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?37378-Cursor-randomly-freezes-and-jumps-back-to-life-on-Tecra-8200-with-Win-XP
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello sevenforums Community since about month im getting Bluescreens which never happened before in years It usually get the when i watch streams on twitch while games : or 0x00007A (LoL) videos STOP BSOD playing playing Error which didnt happen since BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A week on my account though or currently while playing League of Legends But they dont come every game so i can for example play games in a row and nothing happens or i get one them in one game Also they can come at any game time It is kind of random to me how they appear The last two days I got about so i really need help from u guys In the last two weeks i always got this message STOP x A xFFFF FC xFFFFFFFFC E x A xFFFFF A B BE without a sound and the pc didnt instantly reboot But the last days the Blackscreen stayed like second so i couldnt see the error message on it so i dont know if the error changed but there was this buzzing sound I really appreciate help and sorry for my english skills

A:BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A

Code:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
BugCheck D1, {44, 2, 0, fffff8800406a8c1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys ( athrx+5c8c1 )
Do you have the Atheros Network Adapter installed on your PC? If so, please update it and let us know.
The other dmp file wasn't too helpful - not sure if it was my windbg or if it was just corrupted.

Also can you run chkdsk?
Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362096-bsod-while-playing-videos-playing-games-lol-error-stop-0x00007a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I recently opened my CPU because it was lagging and I thought maybe a little clean up might do the trick. So I softly brushed the drivers inside the CPU to get some dust off. However, when I turned on my PC, it seems that whenever I watch videos or play games, a loud crackling sound comes out from my speakers. I don't know what is causing this.

I have tried disabling my drivers (sound and display) but to no avail. However, if I mute the volume on my sound driver, the sound disappears. Which lead me to the conclusion that it might be a conflict of sound and display.

Since the problem only occured when I opened my CPU and cleaned it, it might also be a wiring problem or something.

Can someone help me on this?

A:Crackling sound in speakers when video playing/playing games/anything with graphics

Have you tried a different set of speakers? Make sure the speakers are all the way plugged into the jack.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crackling-sound-in-speakers-when-video-playing-playing-games-anything-with-graphics-665996.html
Relevancy 52.89%

The title speaks for itself, i have dump files listed below, and i would really like to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD playing some games/recently playing FIFA World

Welcome.

Code:
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Debug session time: Wed Jun 25 18:40:06.502 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:09.767
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007fe08f8, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Jun 22 03:33:23.804 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:06.240
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007be55d8, 0, 0}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Jun 18 15:45:19.162 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:07.333
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007b727c8, 0, 0}

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335792-bsod-playing-some-games-recently-playing-fifa-world.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just updated and rebuilt my PC and have reinstalled Win bit and am constantly getting a BSOD while using the PC Specifically while downloading installing playing games I have also had the error occur just while surfing the internet From the program Blue Screen Viewer it seems to be caused by ntoskrnl exe f c BSOD 0x00000007F games/playing downloading internet games/using and or ntoskrnl exe e I can BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F not find any solution to fix this issue I have updated drivers I have ran the Microsoft memory checker I have changed out my memory tried other video cards tried two different wireless network cards now on wired connection I even changed motherboards got the errors on both SSD and HDD The only things I haven't changed out is the PS and CPU since I am using the PC to write this I am ruling out the CPU as the issue I have used Memtest and prime to test the memory BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F and CPU nothing is coming back with errors or issues I did run driver verifier and got two dmp files for some specific files but not sure what to do with those now They are included in the attachement It seems to be software driver issue but I can not figure it out Any help would be great thanks

A:BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F

Welcome
Your reports are not definitive and educated guess says that this is the cause of your problem
What is the asushwio.sys file?
Make a system restore point and then uninstall the associated software or update driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243293-bsod-downloading-games-playing-games-using-internet-0x00000007f.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys,

I have issues with my desktop. I randomly get the bsod (kernel data inpage error). I thought it started after I installes the new ATI drivers. So I tried older drivers but without any result. After that I thought it was an issues with Win 7 64bit. So I installed 32bit. But still I get the bsdod.

can you please help?

Win 7 32 bit
oem original
hardware about two years old.
I have a new installed os.The old one started giving trouble after 2 years.

A:BSOD randomly after playing games or playing movies )

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool&#63;
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41; for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

You have an 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card. Win7 doesn't like these devices. They will rapidly spit out BSOD's if using Vista-era drivers. Here's my rant about these devices:

Quote:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download and install a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

STOP 0x7A specifically refers to a problem with a missing Service Pack ( BSOD Index )
The c000009d parameter means DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
And the memory dump suggests that there might be a hardware problem with the hard drive.
Just to be sure, please run this free hard drive diagnostic: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Microsoft Security Essentials dynamic driver showed up in the memory dump. I'd suggest:
- downloading a fresh copy
- uninstalling the current copy
- installing the freshly downloaded copy and IMMEDIATELY updating it
- perform a full system scan.

The following info is just F... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233458-bsod-randomly-after-playing-games-playing-movies.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All I have an HP Pavilion p - at least started as that had some stuff upgraded explained below AMD A - Ghz Quad Core with AAHD -HL board save you the time of looking it up if needed What happens is the system with will just freeze Occasionally the audio that was playing with stutter infinitely like a skipping CD Rarely I notice the system playing games, but when some others crashes PC and videos not YouTube playing will stutter once or twice before totally freezing happens in a couple seconds But mostly it just stops When it freezes the only option is to hard reboot I have had this problem for quite PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others some time probably about a year or two At first I really didn't notice any consistency in the crashes seems totally random Some times it would freeze while browsing any PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others random page be it videos forums ad ridden or ad free Any browser as well Chrome Firefox IE It also crashes when playing some games although not other games that have higher requirements e g Guaranteed to crash probably within mins if I play ' -bit Boy' on Steam about as low res as implied but I can go on and hour binges on Elder Scrolls Online or Skyrim with no crashes I have recently noticed that YouTube videos any video is a guaranteed crash within a - seconds I have tried everything I have been able to find to do to try and fix this issue but none have worked So far the hardware parts that have been replaced with new components are the RAM now x GB GEIL Enhanced Corsa PC - HDD now TB WD Caviar Green PSU now EVGA w Plus and added a PCIe graphics card which was removed from the system when it did not fix the problem so that it could be used on a system that was stable The graphics card that was used was a ASUS gb R STRIX that is currently working fine in different system Just as a side note the PSU was replaced to support the graphics card not because it seemed to have failed In fact all of the parts removed from the system work without issue in different systems That's ok I wanted to upgrade anyway I have also used monitoring software to watch the temps and volts during a crash and have never saw any temps volts spike drop or get above normal operation during any freeze This has been tested countless times and each time hardware was replaced I used the programs HWinfo and HW monitor and watched the CPU MOBO RAM graphics card no temps ever got too high or even spiked no volts surged or dropped When all the hardware replacement didn't work and temps seemed normal I even tried replacing the thermal paste used Artic Silver and cleaned the heatsink The only components in the PC that are original are the CPU and MOBO This problem has also persisted through an update to Windows and a clean install of Windows I have updated drivers for VGA LAN WLAN and updated BIOS Installed K-Lite Codec Pack unselecting all the junk it tries to install with it because I read somewhere it could be a codec issue There are probably other programs I have used and steps that I have taken to try and resolve this I just can't recall because of all different things that have been do over such a long period of time I was just hoping that someone would have some other ideas that I can try Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide any other information you might need Thanks for the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-when-playing-youtube-videos-and-playing-some-games-but-not-others-1111177.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All I have an HP Pavilion p - at least started as that had some stuff upgraded explained below AMD A - Ghz Quad Core with AAHD -HL board save you the time of playing when videos YouTube some PC not playing and games, but crashes others looking it up if needed What happens is the system with will just PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others freeze Occasionally the audio that was playing with stutter infinitely like a skipping CD Rarely I notice the system will stutter once or twice before totally freezing happens in a couple seconds But mostly it just stops When it freezes the only option is to hard reboot I have had this problem for quite PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others some time probably about a year or two At first I really didn't notice any consistency in the crashes seems totally random Some times it would freeze while browsing any random page be it videos forums ad ridden or ad free Any browser as well Chrome Firefox IE It also crashes when playing some games although not other games that have higher requirements e g Guaranteed to crash probably within mins if I play ' -bit Boy' on Steam about as low res as implied but I can go on and hour binges on Elder Scrolls Online or Skyrim with no crashes I have recently noticed that YouTube videos any video is a guaranteed crash within a - seconds I have tried everything I have been able to find to do to try and fix this issue but none have worked So far the hardware parts that have been replaced with new components are the RAM now x GB GEIL Enhanced Corsa PC - HDD now TB WD Caviar Green PSU now EVGA w Plus and added a PCIe graphics card which was removed from the system when it did not fix the problem so that it could be used on a system that was stable The graphics card that was used was a ASUS gb R STRIX that is currently working fine in different system Just as a side note the PSU was replaced to support the graphics card not because it seemed to have failed In fact all of the parts removed from the system work without issue in different systems That's ok I wanted to upgrade anyway I have also used monitoring software to watch the temps and volts during a crash and have never saw any temps volts spike drop or get above normal operation during any freeze This has been tested countless times and each time hardware was replaced I used the programs HWinfo and HW monitor and watched the CPU MOBO RAM graphics card no temps ever got too high or even spiked no volts surged or dropped When all the hardware replacement didn't work and temps seemed normal I even tried replacing the thermal paste used Artic Silver and cleaned the heatsink The only components in the PC that are original are the CPU and MOBO This problem has also persisted through an update to Windows and a clean install of Windows I have updated drivers for VGA LAN WLAN and updated BIOS Installed K-Lite Codec Pack unselecting all the junk it tries to install with it because I read somewhere it could be a codec issue There are probably other programs I have used and steps that I have taken to try and resolve this I just can't recall because of all different things that have been do over such a long period of time I was just hoping that someone would have some other ideas that I can try Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide any other information you might need Thanks for the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/pc-freezes-when-playing-youtube-videos-and-playing-some-games-but-not-others-1111177.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guys So here is my issue i dont really know how to specific it further then this still hope it will help I have been getting BSOD for a flash playing When BSOD player. playing games and while now and it's getting to the point BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. i cant do a single thing on the computer I did the config for dumps and so on and ended up with this RAR file with all the info i assume I mostly get the bluescreen when i try to watch anime etc on googlechrome It never BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. works it's a matter of seconds before the BSOD comes But when watching it on other browsers like opera it works just fine quot mostly quot even there it bluescreens from time to time And then there is when it's most fatal Playing onlinegames Whenever I play online games like World of warcraft League BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. of Legends Heroes of Neweart etc etc etc i risk getting bluescreens It differs very much from game to game how often the bluescreens appear and it seems to not be preformance related since sometimes i play constantly for hours when maxing out games and pushing the computer to it's limits when it comes to frames And still the bluescreen lies in dorment waiting for a more suitable interrupt for me From the looks of it the bluescreen is related mostly to my operatingsystem more then commponents after i looked at the dumpfiles via quot Bluescreenviewer quot I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this and i hope you guys can help me with this also this is my first post so I maybe did this typical quot bad thread quot Still i hope this will get me atleast closer to the solution of this current hell of bluescreens

A:BSOD When playing games and playing flash player.

Hello Simon, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by afterwards to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317362-bsod-when-playing-games-playing-flash-player.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, first time poster looking for help as I can't diagnose my issue after trying numerous things. Currently when I play a game the BSOD happens randomly, I can go a whole day without it, or it can happen frequently. It happens the most when I close or exit a game, then it'll kick to a blue screen.

I really appreciate what you guys do and I hope I followed all the instructions right on how to post my logs and stuff, here's the attachment and some basic system specs:

I have reinstalled to this computer numerous times.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad q9550 @ 2.83 ghz

GPU: Radeon HD 5770

Mem: 4 Gigs of Memory

Motherboard: p5n32-e sli nforce 680i chipset

A:BSOD Playing various games, closing games, no overheating.

Before we can even begin to find the underlying cause you need to update the following drivers. Especially asacpi.sys. Yours is from 2005

Code:
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 10:30:36 PM
Lycosa.sys 1/18/2008 4:51:42 AM
nvm62x64.sys 10/17/2008 5:01:06 PM
netr28x.sys 2/25/2009 11:02:09 PM
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
Driver Reference Table

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227012-bsod-playing-various-games-closing-games-no-overheating.html
Relevancy 52.03%

A friend of mine is having bsod issues when playing certain games, example:

Rainbox six siege,
Battlefield One (BETA)
and a few others.

Wondering if anyone can give us a clue as to the cause.

Windows Format is done, but to no avail, memtest has been run, and disk checked.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62517-bsod-when-playing-games-intensive-games-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

My laptop HDD (bought last year) recently started to show SMART errors and Western Digital sent me a replacement drive. However, they want the old HDD back.

With the old HDD containing all kinds of private data etc. I would be using something like dban etc but was wondering why WD would take such a risk with client data.

Being WD, who knows if they can retrieve data even from a HDD where dban had run. All we need is one disgruntled employee and all hell would break loose.

Any pointers in discussing with WD about me keeping the old HDD with myself instead of returning it OR should I just dban the HDD and pray for the best when I return the failing HDD to WD?

Thanks,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382151-normal-wd-get-old-hdd-back.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Over a week ago my computer got 'hit' while someone else was using it They were in a chat room I've removed trojans worms viruses spyware adware etc but I get some popups still I see what isn't supposed to be in my log but I don't know how to remove them permanently I think I need LSP Fix but I don't know how to use that either Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS Almost normal, please back help to SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM Almost back to normal, help please MPREXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHSERV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHWEBSV EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHMAISV EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C WINDOWS HGVACX EXE C WINDOWS XPMEC EXE C WINDOWS XPMEC EXE C WINDOWS XPMEC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE Almost back to normal, help please EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIETAGBM DLL O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIESRVC DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YT DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files Almost back to normal, help please google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run avast Web Scanner C PROGRA ALWILS AVAST ASHWEBSV EXE O - HKLM Run ashMaiSv C PROGRA ALWILS AVAST ashmaisv exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run gwarcv C WINDOWS hgvacx exe reg run O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices avast C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - HKLM RunServices KB C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - HKCU Run dthsd C WINDOWS hgvacx exe reg run O - Startup anhbi exe O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycmap htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsms htm O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmtrans html O - Extra button Yahoo Services - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIESRVC DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C PROGR... Read more

A:Almost back to normal, help please

Hello and welcome to TSF

I reccommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Please download QooFix9x and save it to your desktop. Do NOT run it yet.

Download
Cleanup! (Alternate Link)- Install it. You will use this later.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, please open the QooFix9x folder on your desktop and run RunThis.bat. If you get a warning about running MS-DOS programs in Safe Mode, please just click OK to continue. Follow the prompts.

When the tool is finished open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from Start > All Programs). Set the program up as follows:

Click Options
Move the slider button down to Custom CleanUp!

Check the following:Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Uncheck the following :Scan local drives for temporary files

Click OK, Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. If prompted to reboot, click Yes.

Reboot your System in Normal Mode

Please post a new HijackThis log, along with the entire contents of the log.txt file in the QooFix9x folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/almost-back-to-normal-help-please-97143.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

My laptop HDD (bought last year) recently started to show SMART errors and Western Digital sent me a replacement drive. However, they want the old HDD back.

With the old HDD containing all kinds of private data etc. I would be using something like dban etc but was wondering why WD would take such a risk with client data.

Being WD, who knows if they can retrieve data even from a HDD where dban had run. All we need is one disgruntled employee and all hell would break loose.

Any pointers in discussing with WD about me keeping the old HDD with myself instead of returning it OR should I just dban the HDD and pray for the best when I return the failing HDD to WD?

Thanks,

A:Normal for WD to get old HDD back?

WD needs the old drive back for a variety of reasons, such as they need the cores to make refurbished drives from and the sad fact there are some disreputable individuals who would claim that a drive went bad, even though it didn't, just so they can get a freebie.

As long as you wipe the drive (using DBAN is just one of many ways to properly wipe a drive) before sending it back (formatting or simply erasing will not wipe a drive of data), WD will not be able to recover any of your data. Just make sure you have at least one backup of your data (two would be safer) before you wipe the drive.

My one experience with getting a warranty replacement from WD went very well. I used their cross ship option where they immediately sent me the replacement drive (I got it in two days); I did have to allow WD to put a hold on my credit card for the cost of the drive in case I failed to return the old one within 30 days. After I received the replacement drive, I just used the packaging WD used to send me the replacement drive to ship the old drive back (WD is very particular about how a HDD is packaged when returning one so I took the easy way out). I also paid for the return shipping label through WD to take advantage of their significant volume discount. The hold on my card was lifted the same day they received the old drive back.

When shipping the old drive back and using a UPS label from them, don't just drop it into a drop off box. Take it to UPS or a UPS store so you can get a receipt to prove that UPS received the drive in case they lose it (I worked shipping and receiving off and on for 30 years). Be sure to follow the return directions to the letter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382151-normal-wd-get-old-hdd-back.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Why oh why is my laptop slower than day one?
Claen up, defrag, uninstalling unused software, All done
Is there anything else i can do?
I hear regcleaners are a complete waste of time, so other than a fresh install, is there any other way of gettin rid of all those file and folders that i dont need, (i dont know what to delete and what to keep)

Cheers future posters thanx for help.

A:Back to normal.

How old is the laptop?

SOmetimes the heatsink can get clogged with dust...and will run warmer than usual which will slow it down....and reg cleaners won't help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-to-normal.831211/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I could use some expert help please. I recently had to completely reformat my computer and now I dont kow how to get it back to normal for me. When the computer starts up it just goes to a welcome screen and asks me to log in user. I dont want this feature on. Before it just went to my desktop after start-up. Next when I start the computer there a saving files that comes up and it starts to save things and then goes away ? How do I fix this ?I thought I had aligned my printer and everything when I reinstalled but it asked me for the info again and to align the ink again. How do I save this info. Thats it for now. Thanks in advance for taking the time out to help me.. thanks Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-back-to-normal.128350/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was online trying to find some worksheets to print & at one point, this PDF program, I guess it was, had me download something & ever since then, I've had these ads & webpage pop-ups I don't want comes up on my webpages. I did a system restore, but it didn't help.

How do I get back to normal? Thanks.

A:Getting Back to Normal?

It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-back-to-normal-732697.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I've followed the procedures in "KRC Anti-Spyware Tutorial" to clean up my son's computer, including CWShredder, Ad-aware SE, Spybot S&D, and HJT.

HJT Log is attached. If you could look it over and tell what to do next, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Verlyn

A:Can you get me back to normal?

Verlyn's log...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 12:37:57 PM, on 11/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBPoll.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
c:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://download.softpedia.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000010-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02919B0D-F5BF-489D-816D-36AB05D5135F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1D4BE665-16C0-4FB7-B254-0FBD6A36EA1F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {65B58531-AAF0-4D40-A31A-48416A818225} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {1C78AB3F-A857-482e-80C0-3A1E5238A565} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/can-you-get-me-back-to-normal-23586.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm new to 8.
was tinkering around with WMP, and permanently hid all the menus (including the organize button)!

how do i get it back to normal, that has the list in the right pane and the library, sorted by artist -> album the rest?

A:How do i get WMP back to normal?

got it.
just missing the right pane/list.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/47837-how-do-i-get-wmp-back-normal.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello guys, my new PC had BSOD when playing games or playing music with window media player,
can somebody help me out? Thanks a lot

System Specs has been updated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3076

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007C307C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

debug-meteor5210-xxxx.zip

A:BSOD when playing games or playing music

Hello and welcome meteor mate I know I can dig them out of the debug stuff but some system specs are needed mate for starters
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337434-bsod-when-playing-games-playing-music.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi my computer freezes when I play some video games and also when I play AVI files (if I play mpeg files they work just fine, no freezing at all) But the thing is when I play games or AVI files my computer will freeze randomly (5 minutes, 30 minutes, just randomly sometimes it won't freeze at all) I don't know if it's the memory or not, here are my pc specs:

Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon 1750 Mhz
1.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

So if you guys can help me, it would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Relevancy 51.17%

WHEN I TRY TO PLAY CERTAIN GAMES IN POGO GAMES IT TELLS ME " GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER 42 & ALL FUTURE VERSIONS OF CHROME WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT JAVA GAMES" AND I NEED TO DOWNLOAD INTERNET EXPLORER 11 TO PLAY POGO GAMES.  THIS LAPTOP ALREAY CAME WITH  INTERNET EXPLORER 11, AND STILL WON'T ALLOW ME TO PLAY  CERTAIN GAMES IN POGO. WHY NOT?  WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? AND WHAT CAN I DO TO CORRECT IT?   HELP!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/problem-playing-certain-games-in-Pogo-Games/td-p/5685477
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello.

I changed something from registry but I can't remember what exactly. Now I have bold fonts in combo boxes and in appearance window.

What is really annoying is that save and open buttons in file save dialog and in file open dialog are in bold too. Also that combo box in file save and in file open dialogs are in bold.

I have already turned all bolds of from "window Color and Appearance" window, but still font's I described are in bold.

Any ideas what font (marked with red on picture) it could be and how to change it from registry?

Here's my dialogs

Tahnk you!

A:How do I get back normal fonts?

Quote: Originally Posted by LoveW7

Hello.

I changed something from registry but I can't remember what exactly. Now I have bold fonts in combo boxes and in appearance window.

What is really annoying is that save and open buttons in file save dialog and in file open dialog are in bold too. Also that combo box in file save and in file open dialogs are in bold.

I have already turned all bolds of from "window Color and Appearance" window, but still font's I described are in bold.

Any ideas what font (marked with red on picture) it could be and how to change it from registry?

Here's my dialogs

Tahnk you!

Do you have a backup to restore from??

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/83294-how-do-i-get-back-normal-fonts.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell computer running Vista. It had the Vista Security 2012 Malware virus. I think I got rid of it. However, every time I want to use a program or log into Firefox or IE, I get a window that wants me to tell it what program to use. I have a VISTA disk that came with the computer and discs for the drivers, etc. I can back up my files.

So, can I just re-install VISTA and get things back to normal?

A:Get My Dell Back To Normal

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/434249 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434249/get-my-dell-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 51.17%

HERE IS MY HIJACK LOG PLEASE HELP ME I DON T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED I NEED PLAIN ENGLISH AND quot IDIOT quot Normal My To Help Get Computer Back PROOF DIRECTIONS THANKS STACIA Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Help Get My Computer Back To Normal Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS Help Get My Computer Back To Normal SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON UTILITIES NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HIDSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C COMPAQ CPQINET CPQINET EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ DIGITAL DASHBOARD DEVGULP EXE C WINDOWS ptsnoop exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVCOMS EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SHAREDLL CTNOTIFY EXE Help Get My Computer Back To Normal C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE LAUNCHER CTLAUNCHER EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SBPCI AUDIOHQ AHQTB EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SHAREDLL MEDIADET EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADAPTEC DIRECTCD DIRECTCD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES INCREDIMAIL BIN INCMAIL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ACD SYSTEMS ACDSEE CAMDETECT EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP MAXSPEED PROPELAC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM IEFEATURES EXE C PROGRAM FILES CLEARSEARCH LOADER EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SLMSS SLMSS EXE C WINDOWS MWSVM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HBINST EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON UTILITIES SYSDOC EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE OSA EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C AOE ATTPLUS WBGMAIL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP BIN PPSHARED EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP BIN BARTSHEL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP BIN BARTSHEL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP DIALER DIALER EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACRORD EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http desktop presario net scripts redirectors presario deskredir dll c c amp s consumer amp LC R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s searchbar amp LC R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www att net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by AT amp T WorldNet Service R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost F - win ini run hpfsched O - BHO no name - DE - E - D -BEB -CBE C DD - C PROGRAM FILES ISP BIN BANDOBJECT DLL O - BHO no name - EF - - - C - AA A DA - C WINDOWS SYSTEM N TPA P DLL O - BHO DefaultSearch SeekSeek - C-F A- E-A C -C F - C WINDOWS IEASST DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar no name - B B B - A - D - A - ACA E - no file O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run CPQInet c compaq CPQInet CpqInet exe O - HKLM Run Digital Dashboard C Program Files Compaq Digital Dashboard DevGulp exe O - HKLM Run CountrySelection pctptt exe O - HKLM Run PTSNOOP ptsnoop exe O - HKLM Run DXM Patch C WINDOWS p exe Q A O - HKLM Run LVComs c windows SYSTEM LVComS exe O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run NPROTECT C Program Files Norton Utilities... Read more

A:Help Get My Computer Back To Normal

Hi stacia

Welcome to TSG!

The files we are going to delete may be hidden so click on My Computer then go to View > Folder Options. Click on the "View" tab and make sure "Show all files" is ticked and uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types". Click "Like Current Folder" then click "Apply" then "OK"
Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close all windows except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000EF1-0786-4633-87C6-1AA7A44296DA} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\N3TPA1P.DLL

O2 - BHO: DefaultSearch.SeekSeek - {5074851C-F67A-488E-A9C9-C244573F4068} - C:\WINDOWS\IEASST.DLL

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {B195B3B3-8A05-11D3-97A4-0004ACA6948E} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win Server Updt] C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSVersion] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INTERNETFEATURES.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iefeatures] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IEFEATURES.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stcloader] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\stcloader.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ClrSchLoader] \Program Files\ClearSearch\Loader.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [slmss] C:\Program Files\Common Files\slmss\slmss.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mwsvm] C:\WINDOWS\mwsvm.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [absr] C:\WINDOWS\mwsvm.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hotbar] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HBINST.EXE /Upgrade

O16 - DPF: {1678F7E1-C422-11D0-AD7D-00400515CAAA} - http://files.cometsystems.com/comet...mcc/mycomet.cab

O16 - DPF: {6B4788E2-BAE8-11D2-A1B4-00400512739B} (PWMediaSendControl Class) - http://216.249.24.140/code/PWActiveXImgCtl.CAB

O16 - DPF: {C1FB8842-5281-45CE-A271-8FD5F117BA5F} (DFRun Class) - http://www.gator.com/download/2500/iegator.cab

O16 - DPF: {E2F2B9D0-96B9-4B25-B90C-636ECB207D18} - http://spweb.whenu.com/WUInstSYNC.cab

O16 - DPF: {556DDE35-E955-11D0-A707-000000521958} - http://69.56.176.77/webplugin.cab

O16 - DPF: {2CAB81F6-1CBB-49FD-809E-B2D37D0CFFED} (IEFeature Class) - http://www.popmonster.com/control/src/iefeatures.ocx

O16 - DPF: {26E8361F-BCE7-4F75-A347-98C88B418322} - http://dst.trafficsyndicate.com/Dnl/T_168/QDow.cab

O16 - DPF: {421A63BA-4632-43E0-A942-3B4AB645BE51} - http://download-ak.systemsoap.com/s...stemsoappro.cab

Restart to safe mode and delete:

The C:\Program Files\ClearSearch folder
The C:\Program Files\Common Files\slmss folder
The C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\mwsvm.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\stcloader.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INTERNETFEATURES.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IEFEATURES.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HBINST.EXE file

How to start your computer in safe mode.
Go here and download Adaware 6 Build 181

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now and download the latest referencefiles.

Make sure the following settings are made and on -------ON=GREEN

From main window :Click Start then Activate in-depth scan (recommended)

Click Use custom scanning options then click Customize and have these options selected: Under Drives and Folders put a check by Scan within archives and below that under Memory and Registry put a check by all the options there.

Now click on the Tweak button in that same window. Under Scanning engine select Unload recognized processes during scanning and under Cleaning Engine select Let windows remove files in use at next reboot

Click proceed to save your settings.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Restart your computer.
Then go here and download Spybot Search & Destroy.

Install the program and launch it.

Before scanning press Online and Search for Updates .

Put a check mark at and install all updates.

Click Check for Problems and when the scan is finished let Spybot fix/remove all it finds marked in RED.

Restart your computer.

Be sure and take advantage of the Immuniz... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-get-my-computer-back-to-normal.196319/
Relevancy 51.17%

I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator?

Is there a way to get the old small calculator back? I have tried to just copy the calc.exe from windows 8.1, but that don't work.

If that can't be done, does anyone know a free small calculator-program?

A:How to get normal calculator back?

Originally Posted by Burgurne

I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator?

Is there a way to get the old small calculator back? I have tried to just copy the calc.exe from windows 8.1, but that don't work.

If that can't be done, does anyone know a free small calculator-program?

Microsoft Calculator PlusDownload Microsoft Calculator Plus from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/3921-how-get-normal-calculator-back.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have no idea what causes this Ive tried everything but nothing seems to help About every to seconds the computer slows right down untill nothing not even the mouse will move After Down Then And Normal Slows To Goes 5 Sec? Back 10 Every Sec. then seconds after that it Slows Down Every 10 Sec. And Then Goes Back To Normal After 5 Sec? just goes back to normal Thanks for helping Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP Slows Down Every 10 Sec. And Then Goes Back To Normal After 5 Sec? WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer Slows Down Every 10 Sec. And Then Goes Back To Normal After 5 Sec? EXEC PROGRA F-Secure BackWeb Program SERVIC EXEC Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsgk st exeC Program Files F-Secure BackWeb program fsbwsys exeC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus FSGK EXEC Program Files F-Secure Common FSMA EXEC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fssm exeC Program Files F-Secure Common FSMB EXEC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC Program Files F-Secure BackWeb Program F-Secure Automatic Update exeC Program Files F-Secure Common FCH EXEC Program Files F-Secure Common FAMEH EXEC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsqh exeC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsrw exeC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsav exeC Program Files F-Secure Common FNRB EXEC Program Files F-Secure FWES Program fsdfwd exeC Program Files F-Secure Common FIH EXEC Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exeC Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXEC COMPAQ CPQINET CPQInet exeC Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXEC PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exeC Program Files Talk America Turbo Dialup slipgui exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www talkamerica net membersR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL value not set R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http motors ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http store presario net scripts redirect c c lc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL value not set R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant value not set R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch value not set R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page value not set R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Holy bleep batman its a web page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll file missing O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dllO - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exeO... Read more

A:Slows Down Every 10 Sec. And Then Goes Back To Normal After 5 Sec?

Hi Piper. Set Windows to show hidden files:Click Start. Open My Computer. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options. Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option. Click Yes to confirm. Click OK. You should reverse these settings when we have you cleaned up.Restart HijackThis and put checks next to the following, close all browser windows (including this one) then click on 'Fix Checked':R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = (value not set)R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/.../search/ie.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/.../search/ie.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Search_URL = (value not set)R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = (value not set)R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = (value not set)R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = (value not set)R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [start extracting] spoolvse.exeO4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Service Pack 2] usbdrvs.exeNavigate to and delete the following, if present:C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolvse.exe <-------- Delete this file.C:\WINDOWS\System32\usbdrvs.exe <-------- Delete this file.Download the Hoster : http://www.funkytoad.com/download/hoster.zipunzip and start itpress 'Restore Original Hosts' followed by 'OK' Close the program.Reboot, then post a new HijackThis log and let us know how things are running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40637/slows-down-every-10-sec-and-then-goes-back-to-normal-after-5-sec/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I decided to start a new topic because I ran into something that might be worth mentioning that was not included in the old topic. The problem was with windows picture and fax viewer but I noticed that when I try to open up a picture inside of a folder it works fine but when I try to open a picture on the desktop it will show me "generating preview..." and then closes without showing me picture. Another thing I noticed is that I made a shortcut on the desktop to that picture and that also works fine. I have Windows XP Professional SP3.

Thanks!

A:Getting Windows back to normal

The kindest thing I have ever found to say about the Windows Picture and Fax viewer is " That it works, sort of."

I came across Irfanview a few years ago and am now a fervent convert !  Superb image viewer, very quick thumbnails and some editing capabilities. It's primarily a viewer, not an editor. It comes in two parts - the basic program and the extensions, and you are best to download and install both. You can get it from here :

www.irfanview.com

Try it and see for yourself.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504104/getting-windows-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 51.17%

Two weeks ago Webroot did a full sweep and told me it detected Rogue Security systems virus It was quarantined and I removed it After that I performed several full sweeps until three in a row said my computer was clean Then I had trouble getting my browsers to work - Firefox and IE Finally figured out by researching on another computer that Rogue Security Systems uses Proxy Settings so I disabled them Things seemed fine until yesterday morning when help computer to Need getting my back normal! I noticed that Webroot had Need help getting my computer back to normal! not updated definitions since the day I deleted the virus I called Webroot and went through about two hours of troubleshooting only for them to tell me to click a link that would place a logs file on my desktop then to log into Webroot and upload the file so they could view it I tried this and my browser kept telling me my server had timed out I contacted Webroot again and they suggested I put the file on a thumbdrive maybe and then get on my netbook and try it that way Did that and the same thing happened I really don t know what the problem is Please someone help me I work from home and really need my computer to work without having to worry about viruses Thanks in advance for any help

A:Need help getting my computer back to normal!

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332061/need-help-getting-my-computer-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys,

I don't know why this has just started, but every now and then my fan will kick on for about 10 seconds, and then go back to normal. Then a minute later it will kick back on for maybe 5 seconds, then go back to normal.

This just recently started happening.

What is the cause of this?

Relevancy 51.17%

OK. So I have a freinds computer to fix. It was infected with some trash. It can be read about here..http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519918/antivirus-security-pro/  

I was able to get rid of it (I think)  but now I am trying to get everything back to Normal. All the small things like putting icons back on the desktop and having everything run normal. 

All of your help will be greatly appreciated.

John

A:Need help getting computer back to normal

Hi -
Please follow these few instructions and Copy and Paste the results here.
Download all programs to Desktop to run them - XP users double click on programs to run them,
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.

First -
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -
Please download MiniToolBox and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Next -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler. A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will run for about 2 minutes
Copy / Paste the logs back here.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

* Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Check the list of programs you will be removing.
* NOW - Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.

* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523579/need-help-getting-computer-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone...

I really need help. My laptop was shut down incorrectly due to a power outage.. I was in the middle of a game. Now when I restarted the font, view is HUGE! I cannot get it back to normal.. I went into 'ease of access' and it says its on normal font not magnified... this is driving me nuts can someone please HELP? These letters are way too big!

Thanks!

A:Font help?? I cannot get it back to normal.

Hello Merc, and welcome to Vista Forums.

It may be stuck from a interrupted screen resolution transition from the game. Double check to make sure that you have the native screen resolution set for your monitor, and that the DPI setting is at 96 DPI. If it is to huge to see what you are doing, then you may need to boot into Safe Mode to make these changes instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218246-font-help-i-cannot-get-back-normal.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I am soooooooo happy to have found you all I am at the end of my rope with my computer First I had to re-install my Win XP OS x and then I followed advice I saw on the internet to install Ad-Aware SpyBot and XP Tools which helped me to be able to at least get to Windows again but there are weird things happening in my system such as an autodial I did not install and cannot get out and I just installed Avast Anti-Virus but cannot get it to work after I used back me to my help computer normal... Please get XP Tools and there are things in my registry that I don t recognize and now I am even having trouble with my internet connection which is America Online it keeps shutting me down saying there is interference and to check my connection which I did but I don t understand the computer or internet connection all too well I am computer literate but not great Please help me get my computer back to normal... at it by myself I need help I am afraid with all these new spyware programs and stuff that I am making a worse mess of my computer each time that I try to fix something Oh when I found your forum boy did I get happy I downloaded the program HijackThis but don t know how to get the log to you so I will research your forum Please help me get my computer back to normal... and find out what to do and then send it Please help me get my computer back to normal... to you I simply cannot thank you all for what you do for people who need your help I am on disability right now but as soon as I return to work in a few weeks I will be honored to donate something to help your site stay working You guys are great and I thank you from the bottom of my heart -KimmyT nbsp

A:Please help me get my computer back to normal...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 12:27:24 PM, on 12/19/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds\wbload.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\XP Tools\xptools.exe
C:\Program Files\XP Tools\xptools.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Port Magic\PortAOL.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AMERIC~1.0\waol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AMERIC~1.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\download\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\welcome.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /QS
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] c:\windows\system32\nerocheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [XP Tools] C:\Program Files\XP Tools\xptools.exe /min
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {37DF41B2-61DB-4CAC-A755-CFB3C7EE7F40} (AOL Content Update) - http://esupport.aol.com/help/acp2/engine/aolcoach_core_1.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E4689F82-AB2E-4736-A40F-C018F500AFA0}: Na... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-get-my-computer-back-to-normal.309446/
Relevancy 50.74%

So here's another resolution post I did some looking around but some of these answers are over my head I've been get to crash, it normal Resolution back can't running Resolution crash, can't get it back to normal Win for about months everything has been fine The connection is a VGA cable into a DVI adapter I'm using an ATI card The monitor is a Westinghouse LCM w A few days ago I went into the driver manager to check if there was an update available Randomly my resolution went to crap and has been messed up ever since For whatever reason Windows will not detect the correct native resolution of x and I am not even given the option to select that resolution I'm currently at x I also had to make the monitor re-auto adjust to fit everything on screen properly I may note I didn't always have the Westinghouse I started using some silly Compaq monitor but it was a smooth transition when I got the Westinghouse I have deleted the video drivers reinstalled nothing I have gone so far as to format my hard drive and start with a fresh Windows install thinking something was messed up Still nothing I hope I have provided enough information help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Resolution crash, can't get it back to normal

Update: I just did a little experiment.

I shut down and hooked up that old Compaq monitor that I originally used. Windows detected the correct resolution of 1440x900 off the bat, and had it selected as "Recommended". Same connections and all.

I shut down again and hooked up the Westinghouse. Still have the same issue of incorrect resolution. Does it have something to do with the monitor?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/18899-resolution-crash-cant-get-back-normal.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I opened up a game on my computer and when i exit everything was zoomed in help please I tryied everthing like the zoom in fuction and nothing worked

A:Zoomed in need help reverting it back to normal

Have you tried holding Ctrl key then rotating the mouse wheel?Otherwise, when you say "everything was zoomed in" do you mean just your browser or things like Word documents too? It's possible that the dots per inch setting has changed:http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...Note that the default setting is 100% so it should be at this setting unless you have changed it.To take this further the make and model number of your computer would be useful.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/zoomed-in-need-help-reverting-it-back-to-normal/333.html
Relevancy 50.74%

K, I have XP and my settings have kinda changed.

Before, when I turned on the computer, it would ask who I would like to login with. It would have my own little logo and there was one extra account that had "x's"

Well, Now it goes to this little window where it selects my account and asks for a password, even though I can just press OK.

AND

When I shut down, it has a drop down list where I can choose RESTART, SHUTDOWN etc...
Before, I just clicked shutdown, it went to a blue screen where it would say "Saving settings..." and all that stuff.

How do I get it back to that!?!?!?!?!

-s64

P.S. I think it has something to do with changing my Net. Passport settings, if that helps.

A:[Solved] Returning XP back to NORMAL!!!!!!

Hmm, this might work:

Control panel>User accounts>Change the way users log on and off. Check the box that says Use the Welcome screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-returning-xp-back-to-normal.64073/
Relevancy 50.74%

So my mother was recently using my laptop and she messed up how it types and keybindings. For example when I type "e" instead of the letter e I get 3. Or typing t gives me 5. There are others as well. I was looking onlihe how to fix this but none of the solutions work for me. As I type Im not even using my keybored because it is so bugged, but an online keybored. Please help.

A:Keybindings and shortcuts, how can I get it back to normal?

Hello doneill2000,

It seems your grandma enabled the numpad of your keyboard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Num_lock

Push the Numlock key to see if it can fix your problem.
If you can not find it, see if there is a Function key (F1-F2,etc) with a small image which looks like 'Tic Tac Toe' on one of them.

Once you found it, hold FN and push the F(num) key to enable/disable numpad.
Using the Number Pad on a Laptop keyboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362007-keybindings-shortcuts-how-can-i-get-back-normal.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hey.

i just recently changed my usb into a bootable usb disc following the steps from the tutorial posted on this site.

im just wondering how i could change it back to a normal usb.?

Thanks.

A:[Help]Bootable USB Disc back to Normal USB

Welcome aboard the Se7enforums! binny

Would this be a usb flash drive or pen drive or an external hard drive made bootable?

If you followed the guide for making up a usb key for example you would simply reformat the device by going into the Disk Management tool while it was plugged in. You would simply right click on the partition listing for it there and select the format option like you would for any hard drive internal or otherwise preferrably selecting NTFS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/18317-help-bootable-usb-disc-back-normal-usb.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I was trying to make it so I could see where my appdata folder was in my user folder and now my PC name folder that was in quot users quot is no longer there My user folder had the name of my computer on it with a lock symbol I entered that folder found that appdata wasn t showing yet So I right clicked on the empty space in window selected properties and at the bottom can folder back fix user so my I to normal? How its checked the box quot hidden quot in the attributes section thinking this would show the hidden folders then I think I clicked okay Some processing took place and then the processing stopped How can I fix my user folder so its back to normal? mid way and a message came up I forget exactly what it said it asked me to give administrator permission to do something I then noticed the advanced button next to attritributes and thought maybe I was supposed to enable hidden folders in there and that enabling hidden attributes may have been a mistake so I cancelled out of the process midway at the point where I was asked for administrator permission Now my PC-name user folder has disappeared Can you please help me get it back Can you help me find the appdata folder too

A:How can I fix my user folder so its back to normal?

hi,try doing a system restore back to the day before you tried showing hidden file .

to change hidden file ,open [my]Computer ,,on the top left, go organize /folder and search options /view ,and un-check show hidden files and folders in there

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434719/how-can-i-fix-my-user-folder-so-its-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there,

I just ran a clean boot on my Window XP computer on both Safe mode and normal mode using System Configuration Tool Method. Now the problem is fixed. When I finished, I uncheck the checkbox labeled "/SAFEBOOT" and click on the General tab and set it for Normal startup. But didn't work. I tried a few times and restart my computer a few times already. Did I do something wrong? Can someone help me out??

Thanks a lot,
Suzanne

Relevancy 50.74%

Ok, so hi! Well, my name is Shawn and I got a problem.

A few days ago, my IE got hijacked. The target was specific911.com. Things are mostly back to normal now (thanks to the many guides here) but I stll have a few issues to clear up. What's the best forum in which to address this?

Windows 2000 Pro.
IE 6 SP1

Pretty much plain vanilla. Simple network, hardware firewall/router and that's about it. IIS is serving a web & ftp site if that makes any difference.
-SHAWN-

A:Looking for specific911 hijack "get me back to normal" help

Ok, we're here. Thank you -- whoever you are.

Now, specifics.

The original agent was a script. I unwisely said it was ok to run it before I got skeptical about the address.

SYMPTOMS:
Desktop instantly got plastered with porn.
Trying to launch nearly anything at all caused browser to open to specific911.com

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR:
Rebooted to Safe Mode, Command Prompt Only.
CD to WINNT
start regedit
Search for and delete all references to specific911
Checked Run, RunOnce, RunServices and RunServicesOnce, nothing found.
Rebooted to Safe Mode
Ran Ad-Aware, removed all new critical objects.
Ran HijackThis, no maleware found. Three prevention policies removed.
Disconnected Internet pipe, rebooted normally.
Problem still existed, but this time browser first tried to DNS "Dimattic.com"
Reran HijackThis, found winsys.hta - deleted it.
Reran Ad-Aware, nothing found.
Rebooted normally, opened browser and hit Stop right away. Changed start page to about:blank. Reconnected pipe and rebooted. No more incidents of hijack.
Deleted nasty desktop items, cleaned up favorites, checked for bogus toolbars - none found.

RESIDUAL PROBLEMS:
Start-Run produces error message: "The Internet Shortcut cannot be run because failed to run." (That's a blank there between 'because' and 'failed').

Right clicking a "special" desktop icon (i.e. computer, network, explorer) and selecting Properties produces error message: "Cannot find the file 'rundll32.exe' (or one of it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all required libraries are available." Rundll is in it's usual location, the path looks good to me and I can't imagine what libraries it's talking about. Depends shows no external dependencies apart from the usual (which btw are all there).

Double clicking a folder shortcut on the desktop opens a default instance of Windows Explorer, not the target of the shortcut.

From Conrol Panel, Add Remove programs, cannot switch to "Add or Remove Windows Components".

FURTHER ACTIONS:
Reinstalled Internet Explorer SP1, reinstalled all patches. Problem still exists.

So, that's just about the whole story in a nutshell. I don't think there are any other lingering problems, but it's only been a day or two. I haven't noticed anything else. I *have* used most of the software that I consider "critical" and found it in working order. I would much rather fix these issues than wipe the whole thing out and reload everything. It takes a couple weeks to get everything tweaked right.

I do run a web site also. It's served by IIS 5. I use PHP 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.1.7. None of it's functionality was affected.

TIA for any advice or solutions.
-SHAWN-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28073/looking-for-specific911-hijack-get-me-back-to-normal-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

I ran Microsoft security essentials it found
1) Winwebsec
2) Win32/Medfos.gen!A
3) Win32/Medfos.b
4) Win32/Sirefef.AZ
5) Win32/Sirefef.AQ
6) Win32/Sirefef.AL

I know all of these are Trojans and according to Norton antivirus scan and Microsoft Security Essentials My Dell Windows Xp media edition is free of these pains in my.......

I can now access my firewall
I can now turn on security

What I can not do
1) is get rid of the lag
2) Most web pages I go to they can't be opened
3) there are boxes were pictures should be

I am new if I posted wrong please forgive me and let me know if there is anything else I can do. Thanks for your time.

A:Once Trojans are removed how do you get back to normal

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466925/once-trojans-are-removed-how-do-you-get-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 50.74%

ok so last night well early morning hours my laptop started playing up sony vaio its screen went red while I was using it then it went back normal then about an hour later it went red again but this time it didn t go so shut down my laptop and started it up again but it was still red but this time there normal? :s red screen then and went went Laptop back why? was so lines on the screen so I just turned off my laptop and went to sleep am I was planning on telling my mum in the morning without her killing me so that she would take it into pc world and get it fixed but now I woke up am and I turned on my laptop I was praying at the same time lol and bam it starts normal no red screen everything is fine I was thinking should I still take it into pc world and have them take a look or should I leave it and also why did this happen s nbsp

A:Laptop screen went red and then went back normal? :s why?

I've had my desktop PC screen go red with a new AMD graphics card. In that case, it was a driver update and it was ok.

Maybe worth a shot...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-went-red-and-then-went-back-normal-s-why.193715/
Relevancy 50.74%

1. any software or way to get my battery of x360 spectre back to normal again? previously it's like 10 hours online, now it's only like 6 hours online usage.2. any stylus pen I can use or buy n ship to my country to use with this x360 spectre laptop? Indonesian support did a bad job with no reply to me.. help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/get-my-hp-x360-battery-back-to-normal/td-p/5843009
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows 8 Pricing Goes Back to Normal - Yahoo! News

A:Windows 8 Pricing Goes back to normal

Gosh - that's a big increase.

I'm glad I grabbed the licences at the bargain price and did my upgrading over the holiday.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/18310-windows-8-pricing-goes-back-normal.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. To make this short, I just have two basic questions, for now...

1. How far can someone go in formatting a drive on their computer?

2. Let's say you bought a computer and it came with it all the necessary cds, which I think is the case with most computer purchases. Could you go as far as you can with formatting all the drives (C: drive, E: recovery drive, etc.) on the computer, and bring it back to normal with those cds (cds containing windows, dell software, etc.) of course disregarding other downloaded files like word docs, videos + music etc.?

Thanks

A:Bringing Things back to Normal

Originally Posted by Wandering Flame

Hello. To make this short, I just have two basic questions, for now...

1. How far can someone go in formatting a drive on their computer?

2. Let's say you bought a computer and it came with it all the necessary cds, which I think is the case with most computer purchases. Could you go as far as you can with formatting all the drives (C: drive, E: recovery drive, etc.) on the computer, and bring it back to normal with those cds (cds containing windows, dell software, etc.) of course disregarding other downloaded files like word docs, videos + music etc.?

Thanks

You can completely delete partitions/add partitions and format your drive. I'm not sure what you mean by "how far". I guess the answer is "all the way."

When reinstalling the operating system, you can specify to format the hard drive. If you have any data you cannot afford to lose, you will need to back up your data first.

Installing and reinstalling Windows - Windows Vista Help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/250967-bringing-things-back-normal.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The control movement on my laptop is reversed and the display is inverted(upside down). How do I get things back to normal. Thanks

A:How do I get the control movement back to normal?

Rotating the screen image is a feature of the graphics card and is normally caused by accidentally pressing a combination of keys. To correct it, hold down Ctrl and Alt and press one of the four arrow keys (up, down, left or right) until you have it the correct way up.Alternatively, you probably have a Rotation setting in the display properties of the graphics card. If all else fails, restore the system to an earlier date.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-the-control-movement-back-to-normal/1904.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a Compaq Duo Core notebook, with 1GB ram and 100 GB HD. Running Win XP SP2. I have a lot of programs on the system and over the last week or so, I've noticed that the computer is very slow.

I use a program called Cleanse Uninstaller which has a junk file finder. I've used it to "analyse" what could be taken off and it presented me with a list of over 200 files. But which ones can I actually remove?? Furthermore, will this actually have a beneficial effect on the speed?

Also, I have Norton ghost 12.0. and an external drive of 120 Gb. I've been doing incremental backups of "my computer" and certain essential files. Everything appears to be working okay.

So, in a nutshell, how can I speed up the computer without risking programs and files?

Thanks,
ukprimaryteacher

Relevancy 50.31%

So this has been happening to me recently with a Western Digital Caviar Black TB HDD installed as a secondary HDD on my desktop with some games installed to it Sometimes when a game is loading the whole screen will pause about - seconds and then continue as usual It also happens normal games? to cause it SATA lag Is for in HDD at times while in-game There aren't any other indications of abnormal behaviour no skipping or fragmentation of pixels on the screen or anything unusual just lag delayed-response on the screen I have not been super-concerned because the average frequency for it is maybe at most once every Is it normal for SATA HDD to cause lag in games? - hours When the pause happens I can tell the HDD is whirring and there aren't any sounds of note coming from it besides that I found a website online where they had sample HDD sounds from drives gone bad nothing like that at all also I ran a full extended test of Western Digital's Data Lifeguard Diagnotic in addition to the regular SMART test all reported normal Pass So my question becomes anyone else have this experience Is it normal for hard drives to do this Are there any tune-up suggestions to remedy it Ty for input in advance

A:Is it normal for SATA HDD to cause lag in games?

It could be that the system is writing out some log at that time and interferes with your game.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270449-normal-sata-hdd-cause-lag-games.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there any point of playing a HD video on a normal CRT 19 inches monitor? I was discussing this with some friends, I need your opinion pls.

THX

Relevancy 50.31%

Windows XP SP all updates applied About weeks ago all my sound files started playing - faster my best guess This is happening for mp wav ra and all other types of sound files I have tried using Real Player Windows Media Player Sound recorder for wav and music All now normal faster playing 3-5% than Itunes and the results are all the same Windows media player playback speed app thinks the music is playing back normally at quot quot This annoyance is even happening with mp files streamed off the internet I have not touched any of the audio settings on the computer or changed any codecs No viruses detected using eset and Malware Bytes Someone suggested the electricity coming into the computer may be at a slightly higher rate than usual and may be causing this Under control panel sounds Advanced audio properties the hardware acceleration is set All music now playing 3-5% faster than normal to FULL and the Sample rate conversion quality is set to BEST No device conflicts have been noted This is more of an annoyance than anything else At least my music doesn t sound like quot Alvin and The Chipmunks quot

A:All music now playing 3-5% faster than normal

I found the problem. Somehow the RealTek HD Audio Driver's "Karaoke" setting got bumped to +1 from 0. Resetting that fixed
the problem. I have no idea how that got changed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474494/all-music-now-playing-3-5-faster-than-normal/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,I was messing around in windows 7 disk management,trying to make my 2nd drive visible,but I didnt know what I was doing. I thought it as all good when I changed the partition to dynamic because I could access the drive. But now I need to make that drive normal again so I can boot from it.
Can anyone help me?

A:change a dynamic partition back to normal

See this post:
http://forums.techguy.org/6984131-post4.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-a-dynamic-partition-back-to-normal.921933/
Relevancy 49.88%

Now, I did something pretty stupid. All my .sfk files (Which help WMP open all my .mp3 .avi .wav EVERYTHING open) are changed to open with iTunes. This was a stupid mistake, and I don't know how to change the properties to default again. Anyone that knows what to do? Please, tell me all known solutions.

A:Need to know how to: Change properties to .sfk file back to normal

Default File Type Associations - Restore may help. Post back whether it solves the problem or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229551-need-know-how-change-properties-sfk-file-back-normal.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I changed in command prompt my Autotuning level to disabled
It made my download speed worse and my upload speed to nil.
I tryed to set it back to normal and it gave me a Ipv4 needs elevation.
so i checked netsh interface tcp show global and I got this

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Timothy>netsh interface tcp show global
Querying active state...
TCP Global Parameters
----------------------------------------------
Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled
Chimney Offload State : disabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : disabled
Add-On Congestion Control Provider : none
ECN Capability : disabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled

C:\Users\Timothy> any help to bring my autotuning back to normal would be much appreciated thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/244871-changeing-autotuning-level-back-normal.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i'm not sure if it's only internet explorer or in firefox as well, my text is all small letters: how do i reset to normal ? thanks either i hit a key (f key? ) by mistake, or maybe when i startedd up a game by mistake , then escatped out ot it; thanks

A:text is stock on small : how do i get back to normal ?

Hi which version of internet explorer are you using this is for ie 8 Internet Explorer Text Size - How to Modify Text Size In Internet Explorer 8 - About Web Browsers - The Page Menu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/text-is-stock-on-small-how-do-i-get-back-to-normal-647707.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys and to restart normal back slows while Laptop goes after down a after I have over years of experience fixing laptops and desktops for my business clients yet I have encountered a problem that I am completely unfamiliar with Hope someone can help me out One of my clients complained that his laptop would start acting sluggishly after a while of using it This problem occurs Laptop slows down after a while and goes back to normal after restart at very random intervals but once it is occurred the performance Laptop slows down after a while and goes back to normal after restart stays sluggish until the restart Once I restart the laptop the problem goes away until later when it repeats again Sometimes this problem would not occur for days Here is what I mean by sluggish performance Mouse movement represents quot stuttering quot Dragging windows is not smooth Window drags very slow leaving half of image in the original spot and then quot catching up quot Program loading times seem unaffected Playing music files during the performance drop produces delays in sound Running any videos during the performance drop produces quot freeze and go quot effect on videos The performance drop happens regardless of whether the laptop is running on batteries or AC power There is no overheating problem or any problems with fans This laptop has been defragmented checked for file system errors bad sectors cleaned up of all temp files as well as unused programs Memtest performed passes with no errors Drive has no fragmentation whatsoever and any and all registry errors have been fixed SFC scannow reports no corruption to system files Enterprise-level Anti-virus scan has also been performed and came out clean If anyone knows of a real solution I would highly appreciate your input As I already mentioned this is the strangest problem I have ever seen throughout my career Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

On my instructions to clean up my computer it says:

reboot in safe mode
hold F8
use arrow keys to safe mode
press enter

then after a few instruction it says:

Reboot system "back" to normal mode
can anyone be more specific like

my first step is to restart my computer and as its restarting I should hold the F8 key???
and how do I reboot BACK to normal mode???

it just sounds risky to me
can someone please walk me through this

A:Safe Mode F8? Rebooting Back To Normal?

Hi. Those directions refers to the menu that appears when pressing F8 key at boot. Depending on Windows version, one or more options are labeled as "safe", meaning Windows will load with only the essential components so you can fix what could be wrong with normal boot. "Back to normal" means rebooting out of "safe mode" once the problem is fixed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44394/safe-mode-f8-rebooting-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 49.88%

My laptop has been randomly running extremely slowly to going slowly and running then Randomly back normal. for a few minutes at a time and then it will go completely back to normal again One example is that when playing a game like Starcraft my frame rate will drop from over down to between and and then it will go back to over again ---------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Pandepic at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E Randomly running slowly and then going back to normal. A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienSense FAService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienFusionService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer InstallFilterService exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files x Roozz RoozzHelper exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Toaster exe C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienFusionController exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system UI Detect exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer FF Protection exe C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienwareAlienFXController exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files x Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Windows splwow exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files x Alienware On-Screen Display AlienwareOn-ScreenDisplay exe C Program File... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

I have had Windows installed on an SSD for a long time I am used to a fast boot up I installed Windows as a dual boot on a partition of my HDD I thought I would on occasion get familiar with Windows After the installation I noticed and expected a longer boot time because the new OS is on Windows revert boot to back 7 normal a to Need the mechanical drive The screen is black with increasing dots going across the top as if loading information Then the screen goes through a few black to a lite-black back and forth changes and then finally to the screen that you choose the OS you wish to boot screen I use Windows of the time and really haven't put Need to revert back to a normal Windows 7 boot forth the effort yet as planned to become familiar with Win I have become quite annoyed with the long boot process I plan to reinstall Win in VMware so I can return to the boot time being Need to revert back to a normal Windows 7 boot SSD quick I deleted Windows using msconfig Now when my PC starts it goes straight to Windows desktop however the long loading still occurs increasing dots across the screen I suppose you can see by now what my question Need to revert back to a normal Windows 7 boot will be How do I get my PC to boot they way it used to Thank you for your replies Marshall

A:Need to revert back to a normal Windows 7 boot

I notice you have a Gigabyte board.

Does this sequence of dots last just about 20 seconds?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334804-need-revert-back-normal-windows-7-boot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer was disconnected from its powersource. I've reconnected it and booted it up. Now my screen is shortened, with the bottom toolbar-the one showing Start, the time of day, etc. one inch higher up on the screen than it should be, leaving the bottom of the screen black. I've tried to stretch the screen back down unsuccessfully. What next? Thank you!

A:stretch screen back to normal size

Just for ther record is this a laptop or a desktop, CRT or LCD screen?

What controls are there on the monitor itself for setting the screen to the right dimensions -- and what effect do they have?

I don't think it's a display resolution problem -- but you can check to see in Display properties if the resolution is what you are used to.

You can also try doing a System Restore which would restore any Windows settings which were lost.

Start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore and choose a date prior to the problem. These can be undone if not helpful.

If it is a desktop and the above doesn't help -- I would shutdown, disconnect the monitor from both the computer and its power source and then hold down the "power button" on the monitor for about 20 seconds. You might even want to let it sit around for a while to ensure any residual voltages stored internally on it are discharged. Then try reconnecting it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stretch-screen-back-to-normal-size.561681/