Windows Support Forum

building my first

Q: building my first

Ok guys, I searched but couldn't find an answer to this one. I'm going to finally finish my first home built pc this weekend. I'm salvaging a hard drive out of another pc. Will I have a problem installing brand new windows xp os on a hard drive that had it on it. I was told I needed to purchase the operating system since I change motherboards. Any advice would be great. thanks again in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: building my first

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: building my first

Not totally sure if you are taking the hard drive out of the old system and just putting it in the new and hoping XP on the drive will work in the new system (answer to that is probably not) or if you are planning to reformat the drive and reinstall windows (in this case no problem)

Just remember that legally a copy of XP can only be installed on one system at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first.297181/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello,

Im new to here and to pc building in general I could really use the help in choosing the parts I have been saving for this pc for a few years now.

The parts are:
I7-4790k
Msi z97 gaming itx
Msi 980ti 6g
1tb hard drive 3.5
Ssd 240gb
Psu wilk depend on the support of the case if it has support for sfx or atx
Now I really want an itx case and the most important is that it has good cooling because where I live it can reach around 45 degrees C and if the case
Also has filters that would be great.
Cases that I have in mind are:
Bitfenix prodigy and phenom
Enthoo itx
Node 202
Rvz01
Now the node 202 and rvz01 I was really worried about heat and thats the only thing keeping me from choosing them
If you guys can recommend a case I wont be doing any water cooling its all air cooled because all the parts will be shipped over sea.

Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-building-a-pc.216660/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello I have a tower just recently bought all the parts from newegg and was building the tower for the last days I had everything put in as it should be and initially it stayed on but no image was portraying problems up boot Building computer on the monitor A friend explained I was using the wrong port to portray image as it should be through the video card I should be connecting it but after troubleshooting the problem Building computer boot up problems initially I removed RAM and put it back in but computer now turns on for a second then right off I hear and see the fans running the dvd drive spinning and the lights go on but then it shuts right off after another - seconds it turns on again and then after another second turns right back off in an endless cycle until I turn it off completely and unplug it Not sure what the next steps are or if I should return the moba for an exchange After reading a lot of forums I noticed that it could be the RAM was improperly placed so I tried many times to take it out and put it back in but same problem keeps occurring I hear no beeps and only hear a click from the power supply when it goes on I tried the psu tester on the power supply and it tells me it should be working fine Any one have any idea moba ASRock Z M Pro Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ram CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C B power EVGA -G - -XR W Power Supply case Thermaltake Level Series Level GT VN W N Black Computer Case processor Intel Core i - K GHz LGA BX I K Desktop Processor video card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti G-P - -KR FTW w ACX Cooling Video Card Please someone help and thanks to all nbsp

A:Building computer boot up problems

Okay, I've had the same issue with a new build: Put it all together, switch on the power and basically nothing. Do the following tried and true diagnostic steps that can be tedious but costs nothing to do and can often zero in on your issue:

1. Uninstall everything from your motherboard and disconnect all peripherals from your power supply except psu to motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM. Now turn it on. If it boots up and stays booted then shut it down and then...

2. Add your second stick of memory -- nothing else. Repeat by booting up and if it stays booted up then...

3. Start adding one piece of hardware at a time and repeat as directed.

What are your findings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer-boot-up-problems.215853/
Relevancy 29.67%

How well do you think this will run on DayZ GTA V or Minecraft on high settings Specs CASE Apevia X-Cruiser w USB Temperature amp Fan Control Side Panel Window Black Color with Red LED CD X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R -RW CD-R RW Drive BLACK COLOR COOLANT Standard Coolant a Opinions? Building new PC, CPU AMD FX- GHz Eight-Core AM CPU MB L Cache amp Turbo Core Technology CS FAN Enermax TB Silence UCTB mm Performance Cooling with Low Noise Profile Fan FAN Asetek LC mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance Single Standard MM Fan HDD TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Sandisk GB SSD Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports Building a new PC, Opinions? KEYBOARD Keyboard amp Building a new PC, Opinions? Mouse Combo Gamdias Ares Essential Gaming Keyboard amp Ourea Optical Gaming Mouse Combo MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Corsair or Major Brand MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE A-DS P AMD ATX w Ultra Durable Classic On Off Charge GbLAN PCIe x PCIe x PCI MOUSE AZZA Optical dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network NOISEREDUCE Sound Absorbing Foam on Side Top And Bottom panels OS Windows OVERCLOCK Pro OC Performance Overclock or more POWERSUPPLY Watts - Standard Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI CrossFireX Ready SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO GPU EVGA Superclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB GDDR PCIe x Maxwell Single Card nbsp

A:Building a new PC, Opinions?

Honestly, you don't need an 8 core cpu or 16 gigs of RAM unless you are doing video rendering or intense graphical applications. A 4 core cpu and 8 gigs are more than enough for what you need.

When it comes to gaming the main thing you want to keep in mind is that they are GPU intensive. Find out what the recommended hardware is for each game and decide if your video card will do what you need; I have a feeling it will.

In addition, what is the make and model of the 600W power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc-opinions.215531/
Relevancy 29.24%

Greetings here is a quick story and then my question I built my computer about years ago and since upgraded a bit of it last year So I am gong to build an all new system However This time around I am going to get a VERY nice monitor first since that is what I am looking at I was going to spend between and dollars to get one I backwards, Monitor first Building asked over on the Stardock forums I was going to get a new monitor and asked what they felt was the best one available The CEO actually replied and said to wait till Display port was readily available for the new K monitors I wanted to size up to a quot or thereabouts So my question is Building backwards, Monitor first twofold Should I wait for display port and when will we see some monitors with it and Should I just get a K monitor now if Building backwards, Monitor first there is not much visual difference between display port and I see my video card is going to need to be upgraded since it does not have a port on it sigh What I currently have Asrock Mobo Z Extreme I K I have the hyper evo fan setup g Gskill DDR ram I forgot the timing I upgraded from to gigs EVGA Geforce GTX Yea I knew about the ram issue when I bought the card last year Building backwards, Monitor first Evo gig SSD I was using Intel s cache drive method to speed up stuff this was also part of my upgrade Corsair terrabyte storage drive Corsair watt Gold PSW Win pro Asus Monitor I am not helping you all by not remembering the model number my apologies nbsp

A:Building backwards, Monitor first

I'm a little curious as to why you're planning to rebuild your system? From the looks of it, it's still a pretty solid machine. As far as I know, DisplayPort 1.3 is already out. It's been talk of another release already (DisplayPort 1.4a) is this what you were waiting for? If so, I wouldn't waste the time. As for 4K, what exactly do you do with your machine? Knowing this will make it easier for us to recommend suggestions. I personally wouldn't go for 4K right now, but that's just my opinion. There isn't enough content available and it's still expensive to facilitate. Dell has very good offerings when it comes to high-end displays. I'd personally go for either the

Dell UltraSharp U3014
or
Dell U3415W Black 34

I know there a few monitor guys in the community. Hopefully, one of them will see your post and provide you with more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-backwards-monitor-first.213799/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello It is my first time building a gaming pc so I just want some advice and your opinion about my build You are also very welcome to suggest changes to the build Budget - Usage Gaming Buying monitor No Got an asus monitor apple to support p Games I am going to play Battlefield Witcher Dying Light and Minecraft The components that I have found is listed pc gaming Building below Everything is found on newegg com Case Cooler Master Force Building gaming pc - Mid Tower Computer Case with USB and Included W Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard MSI B M-E LGA Intel B HDMI x SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor Intel Core i - K Devil s Canyon Quad-Core GHz LGA BX I K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics card MSI GTX GAMING G GeForce GTX GB -Bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support G-SYNC Support Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Memory RAM HyperX Fury Black Series GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model HX C FB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard drive Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E AND SAMSUNG EVO MZ- E B AM quot GB SATA III -D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive SSD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Wireless internet connection TP-LINK TL-WDN Dual Band Wireless N PCI Express Adapter GHz Mbps GHz Mbps IEEE a b g n WEP WPA WPA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thank you in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-gaming-pc.212667/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all As explained by the thread title I m currently in the midst of building a PC and would love to have some advice Currently here are my targets uses and what I ve had in mind Budget USD or SGD hopefully I can spend less Location Singapore Aim Gaming I play CS GO competitively at and (would new love help) Building opinions PC x possibly streaming As silent a PC as possible Monitors monitors x BenQ XL T running at x x Dell Ultrasharp quot running at x Building new PC (would love opinions and help) Alright so here s what I ve had in mind Case Fractal Design R - I ve been shopping around for silent cases and comparing the NZXT and FD the FD wins me over in price and because I ve an optical drive to transfer over SSD HDD Don Building new PC (would love opinions and help) t need any transferring my current ones over I currently have x WD Black TB HDD and Building new PC (would love opinions and help) x Crucial M GB SSD I am wondering though if PCI-E SSDs are worth it Optical Drive Don t need any transferring a x ASUS DVD - RW CPU Now here s the BIG question mark I have for myself what kind of CPU is good I m looking for the PC to be able to handle coding such as C Python Ruby MATLAB etc I d also like to be able to have streams on my Dell monitor while I m playing games Currently I have to shrink the size of the stream to reduce the amount of load my CPU handles I m also a tab monster sometimes so I d have browsers in the background while I m streaming Additionally I m also an Intel fanboy currently using AMD and it s killing me Intel in this case is also because I play CS GO competitively and it seems to be the better processor for it please correct me if I m wrong Other games that I play currently at max resolution would be GTA and H Z If I stream games such as CS GO I do want my FPS in-game to be well above since I use a Hz monitor Thus my first big question mark would be this do I really need an i Would I benefit greatly from having the hyperthreading considering my current kinds of applications for the money I m putting in Also would I need the K versions In the case of overclocking I m a complete noob at this but am willing to hear out what suggestions people have for me or any guides you could point me to I ve never done OCing before cause I ve had this understanding that OCing increases the amount of wear and tear on the computer Mobo Again likewise to the CPU I ve no bloody clue Especially when it comes to ASUS brands which I ve been using for several years where they have a ton of different variations GFX Here I m probably aiming for x ASUS Strix GTX for it s performance and it s price PSU I m wondering what brands of PSU are really silent As for power consumption I ve did quite a few experiments on those PSU calculator sites and I think about W is enough Or would W be better RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro GB MHz I honestly picked this cause the price difference for GB from MHz to MHz is only SGD Aftermarket Coolers I m honestly wondering if it s a big difference in terms of noise levels between the stock cooler custom fan coolers and water coolers Currently I m using a water cooled PC that I won during a tournament and man the watercooling is extremely noisy and the reservoir has had multiple problems I ve seen that CoolerMaster offers water coolers that have maintenance As such in this department should I go to such solutions Or should I only turn to them if I plan to OC the CPU Likewise how large a radiator do I need Here is a pricelist of a popular PC parts vendor from Singapore and their prices are in SGD I ll probably buy from a friend who can get like off in total http fuwell com sg uwell pdf Thanks in advance for all the great help nbsp

A:Building new PC (would love opinions and help)

If its was just for gaming I would have said an Intel i5 as it is considered the sweet spot for gaming but since you are coding I believe you will be better off with an i7.

As for your RAM make sure your motherboard does not require you to OC in order to get the 2400 speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-pc-would-love-opinions-and-help.212327/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

Here's pretty much the parts excluding the HD, optical, SSD...

-Phantom nxzt 530 Case
-ASUS Z97-E LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
-EVGA 04G-P4-3978-KR GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support FTW+ ACX 2.0 Video Card
-EVGA New Version SuperNOVA 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 750W Active PFC ATX12V EPS12V 5 Year Warranty 110-B1-0750-VR SLI Ready
-ntel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54690K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600
-8GB RAM

Dats pretty much it. I'd like to know if im bottlenecking myself or not. (since this is my first build. I dont really know what im doing) I reckon everythin is compatible...
Does anyone have a suggestion on another gpu/cpu?and why? is 16GB > 8GB?

Im not buying the pieces now. imma wait about 2 months. Do you think in june the prices are gonna drop or new and better parts are gonna appear on the market ? Finally, is this pc gonna be fullproof for the next 2 years? meaning 2015-2017 ?

Thanks ^^

A:Building a new gaming rig (want opinions)

Carnelion said:

is 16GB > 8GB?Click to expand...

Yes the more memory you have the better. But you only need to make sure you have enough to cover your needs. Anything more would be over-kill. I currently have 8GB and it seems to be plenty for my needs.

Carnelion said:

Finally, is this pc gonna be fullproof for the next 2 years? meaning 2015-2017?Click to expand...

Not really fullproof as computers are still on a fast outdated cycle. However the machine will serve you well enough for two plus years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-gaming-rig-want-opinions.211012/
Relevancy 28.81%

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

A:Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello, I was thinking of getting a new PC for this generation and I really want one with the i7 4790k and the GTX 970. From what I have read they seem to be fine to run through this generation. I know a thing or two about computers but I am no expert. I would really like to get suggestions from other people on what to build with these two components.

Thanks

A:Building PC with i7 4790k and GTX 970

These two parts will go well together as long as the many other parts you didn't mention mesh well. The 4790k is the best of the consumer level procs available and the 970 would arguably be that for gpus as well. Once you go beyond these two you're entering into the enthusiast area in my opinion.

Some of the important components you didn't mention are the motherboard, the powersupply, and the heatsink/fan. What do you have planned for those?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-with-i7-4790k-and-gtx-970.211115/
Relevancy 29.67%

Video Card EVGA GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2GB
CPU Intel Pentium G3258
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Motherboard ASRock H97M Anniversary
Power Supply Corsair CX430 430W PSU
HDD Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Case Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 case

How much do you guys think I could get this built for and do you reckon it could play the elder scrolls online on the highest settings or the medium settings thanks.

Also I on a budget and probably won't pay over $500

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-building-a-pc.210893/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello.

I am looking to build a PC. It has been around 4 years since my last build and I am pretty clueless regarding the latest hardware.

Can you recommend a good build for under $1000.

I play some games but nothing too onerous. I think Diablo 3 is or WoW is probably the highest spec game I have. I'd like to be able to play these games at 60fps on highest settings.

Help would be appreciated. Cost isn't a huge issue but obviously cheaper the better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.208755/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm finally building my NAS with 15 4tb drives. I have an two Intel HBAs that give me 16 sata data ports so I'm covered there. My power supply is more then powerful but only has 6 sata power (a bunch of molex power but I need them for the fans). I'm at a lost as to how to power all the hard drives. Any suggestions?

A:Building an NAS

Perhaps you could use splitters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-an-nas.208003/
Relevancy 29.67%

My friend recommended me to this site for advice on how to build a New Pc. This would be my 1st time trying something like this.
I'm looking to build a gaming rig, Online gaming mostly. Some single player games like Skyrim ect. My Budget range is $1500. I could go a little higher if I need to. Using a HP pavilion Dv7 Laptop Living in New England. So I wont be transferring over anything. I will need a keyboard and at least one monitor. I got no OS software sadly. It is possible to find Windows XP still? If I have to go with Windows 7 I will. I havent tried water cooling but, if I will look up a guide if it is preferred.

A:New to Building a Pc on a budget

Rucion said:

My friend recommended me to this site for advice on how to build a New Pc. This would be my 1st time trying something like this.
I'm looking to build a gaming rig, Online gaming mostly. Some single player games like Skyrim ect. My Budget range is $1500. I could go a little higher if I need to. Using a HP pavilion Dv7 Laptop Living in New England. So I wont be transferring over anything. I will need a keyboard and at least one monitor. I got no OS software sadly. It is possible to find Windows XP still? If I have to go with Windows 7 I will. I havent tried water cooling but, if I will look up a guide if it is preferred.Click to expand...

Let me see what I can do for you, with $1500 you can get a pretty beastly system even including keyboard, monitor, and OS.

Here is my recommended parts list (Using Amazon):
i5 4690K
MSI Z97-G55
Cooler Master Hyper212
Gskill 8gb DDR3 1866 (2x4gb)
NZXT Phantom 410 (Kinda just picked one I like, case can be whatever your preference is)
XFX DD R9 290
Samsung 840 EVO 240gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200RPM
Corsair CXM 600Watt PSU
LG DVD Drive
Windows 7 Home
Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard
Asus VN247H Monitor

The total price of that build is about 1,184 which is right around the $1500 (Slightly above according to the conversion) but this will overall give you everything you would need for a strong gaming machine with an excellent board, processor, and GPU. All of this together will provide you 1080p ultra on every game you could throw at it along with great speeds thanks to the SSD and some awesome overclocking.

Hope this can at least point you in the right direction.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-building-a-pc-on-a-budget.204540/
Relevancy 29.67%

Im completely new to building a gaming/ entertainment pc and I need help on the build. I been watching some youtube videos on gaming pc builds but im not sure if they are right for me. I will be using the pc to play games like battlefield 4 but I will also be playing my wii, ps2 emulators. I will be hooking it up to my flat screen tv to watch hd blu ray movies. here are some videos I been watching. Budget is $600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b31yj4yWiNk&index=4&list...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOAN005Fvw&list=PL02HDV...

these two builds look interesting. any advice would greatly be appreciated

A:New to building game pc

Still some questions to be answered. Take a look at this Stickied post on how to post these inquiries. http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-post-all-pc-building-queries.119618/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-building-game-pc.204318/
Relevancy 29.67%

I m looking to build a tower server from scratch that ll support - incoming connections to a game that will be hosted on this server Budget - I m planning on running Linux on this PC it ll run graphics are unnecessary as this PC will serve only as a server Server Building a PC also the saves for the players don t take a lot of memory so I won t be needing a TB harddrive I ll be planning to upgrade the system in the future to support more users List of items I m looking at Intel Core i - k Crucial GB x D - DIMM Gigabyte GA-Z -HD ATX LGA Samsung E GB EVO SATA quot IPSG LG X DVDRW SATA OEM IPSG Carbide Series R Case EVGA NEX G W GOLD PS Subtotal UEZ Sales Tax Total This is a price quote and recommendation I Building a Server PC got from a sales associate from MicroCenter NJ What I m wondering is would these components be enough to support a hosting server of - people with minimum lag If the playerbase of the game increases would I be able to upgrade the system to support more players Would it be better if I bought a Server Motherboard that ll support more processor for future purposes Are there anything cheaper that I could use to start off with and upgrade to in the future nbsp

A:Building a Server PC

Servers don't need heavy hitting processors. The primary resources are memory, networking and file I/O

The 120GB drive is minimally acceptable, although if I were building a server, I would have at least two drives,
one for the server and the other for the data being served. Performance would be better and either drive could be
replaced/upgraded without disrupting the other - - also improves your backup media consumption.

Let's talk networking. Is this a private server for just LAN connected users or do you intend to have Internet connected players?

* hosting server of 20-30 people * in a lan based server says you will need a good switch connected to the router for wired users OR an access point for wireless

* I suspect you are intending a public server with Internet users {upgrade the system to support more players}.
You should read your ISP End-User-License-Agreement; unless you purchase a private IP address & Domain, the ISP typically forbids your hosting anything. They will cause you and your users all kinds of issues, such as limiting bandwidth and randomizing your public IP address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-server-pc.203794/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I'm building a new PC right here, I never use PC before, so I don't really understand about it, I hope you guys can help me. I want to know if this hardwares are suitable for each other or not,
so these are my hardwares,

1. Motherboard : GA-Z87X-UD5H
2. Processor : Intel Core i5 4670k
3. Power Supply : Corsari TX 650 Watt Modular.
4. GPU : ????

I have a trouble on choosing the right GPU unit, cound you guy give me a suggestion? I like to do a video editing, photo editing.. Which GPU should I use??

thanks a lot guys!!

A:Building a new PC

AMD or nVidia?
Crossfire or SLI?
Budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc.201284/
Relevancy 28.81%

I built a gaming PC about 2 years ago, and while it still plays the games I play just fine, I'm itching to either build a completely new system, or upgrade some of the parts that are lacking. I am on a bit of a budget and would like to only have to buy one or two parts a month if I build a whole new rig. If anyone could take a look at my current setup and tell me which parts definitely need replacing, or if I should build something better that would be awesome. The details are in my profile. If the suggestion is to start from scratch, what is the best order to buy the parts in to make it a little more future proof? It would probably take me about 4-6 months to be able to buy everything depending on prices. Thanks in advance!

A:Advice on building/upgrading a Gaming PC

Here is a few options:

Upgrading the CPU to a FX-8350 would double the processing power.
Upgrading the GPU to a GTX-760 would more than double the graphical power.
If you don't have a power supply greater than 500W's, I'd recommend getting one before upgrading to GTX-760. If you prefer a different card, you can look up the recommended power ratings from AMD or nVidia, for the selected card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-building-upgrading-a-gaming-pc.199327/
Relevancy 28.81%

This is For a Parts Buying Desktop Building Gaming my first time to build a computer so I want to know if Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop the parts I m getting are good with each other and could say run battlefield and assassins creed on high or ultra and run a skyrim modded to hell with a good enb Here s the parts I Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop have selected so far Case http www newegg com Product Produc E Monitor http www newegg com Product Produc Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop E DVD Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Network Adapter http www newegg com Product Produc E Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Sound Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E Keyboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Memory http www newegg com Product Produc E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Produc E Int SSD http www newegg com Product Produc E Thermal Compound http www newegg com Product Produc E Desk Decoration http www newegg com Product Produc SIA Y can t resist the Tali man And also I m a little confused on the SSD and HDD deal I was customizing a pc on maingear to just get some bearings on what I needed and they had a gb SSD as a caching drive and a T HDD as the main drive But I also heard that you want SSD as your main because its faster What is a caching drive and what difference will it make nbsp

A:Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop

Don't get Velociraptor. Get a 1TB WD Black instead.
Caching drive: uses the HDD for files, but stores commonly-accessed stuff on the SSD.
For best performance, get an SSD and use it for OS and core productivity programs. Then store games/media/documents on the HDD.
Don't need additional LAN card.
Why are you buying an additional audio card? It's nice, but your mobo comes with a decent one to begin with.
It's probably cheaper to get TWO dual-channel 2x 8GB RAM kits, instead of the quad-channel one.
Maybe spend a little more on CPU cooler, since you're getting the top GPU too. May I suggest a ~$100 all-in-one water cooling kit.
120GB SSDs are better value these days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-parts-for-building-a-gaming-desktop.199552/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello

I have been looking to build a PC for about 2 months, First I was sure id want to build a full tower desktop but lately I have been interested in the idea of a mini PC,

I want to use it for gaming on ultra graphics ( BF4 and Elder scrolls online when it releases) and watching movies.

What Im most worried about is the temperatures, but ive read around and it seems it shouldn't really be an issue with a good case with proper fans and a good cooling GPU,

any recommendations on parts?

I have been looking on Thermaltake Armor A30 SECC case and im waiting for nvidias price cut in November kinda, else I will probably go with one of the new AMD cards,

A:Building a mini PC for high end gaming

What is your budget for the project? Helps to have a reference point of what you'd like to spend and max you can spend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-mini-pc-for-high-end-gaming.197010/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have built atx desktops, but am considering a mini itx. possib ly with one of those pico power supplies, and an intel 2120t for low power. this will just be for microsoft office stuff and web browsing. I am not a gamer. I understand there is often not a case fan, and if I use a ssd I think the whole thing should be ok with just the cpu fan.

anything I need to know before getting myself into trouble?

A:Anything I should know before building first mini ITX?

not really. just make sure that everything (mobo, CPU heatsink, GPU, etc) will fit comfortably inside the case.
which case did you have in mind?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anything-i-should-know-before-building-first-mini-itx.184247/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all,
I am planning to build a new machine and am wanting to start with the case,,,was wondering if I will strike any difficulties installing old hardware into a new case (apart from the front USB 3.0).
I have been looking at firstly the Gigabyte Sumo Omega here then after I found that I could not get a supplier here in Aus. Struck upon the SilverStone brand here which I should be able to purchase Downunder.

Would it be possible to install in a newer case ? (not planning on going to a smaller form factor) this current Mobo configuration GA- 8KNXPUltra FJ Ultra (with DPS) -Gigabyte-,,?
Thanks in advance

A:Building a new machine starting with case

Whoa a Pentium 4:

Well yes I don't see a problem with that as the screw configs have not really changed and most cases come with tons of different screw holes for all sizes of motherboards (Its normally the Extended ATX boards that are harder to satisfy).

You should not have a problem grabbing a new case and putting your old components in, they will fit in a normal sized case with ease!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-machine-starting-with-case.196653/
Relevancy 29.24%

I need to get a new computer and thinking about putting one together myself. I'm studying computer animation and just killed my laptop trying to put a new fan in it. I'm a lifelong mac user, but I'm thinking I may be able to put together a better machine than, say an iMac, for the same price. How hard would this be with no experience or knowledge of hardware (see above story about laptop fan) and not a ton of time? Is it plug-and-play, or is thre soldering and stuff involved? Where would I start?

A:How hard is building you own computer?

Everything is plug-and-play, no soldering required. Look at youtube videos. Square peg goes in square hole. It shouldn't take longer than a day to research and put it all together (if you ordered the right parts).

Yes, iMacs are overpriced in regards to their specs.

But, how did you break your laptop replacing a fan?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-hard-is-building-you-own-computer.196036/
Relevancy 29.24%

I put together a pc on amazon are these parts good....
Cpu: Amd Fx-9370
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+
Gpu: Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7950
Psu: Corsair RM Series 850 Watt
Data Drive: Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GB SSD
Hard Drive: WD Blue 1 TB
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 500r...or a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
Cpu Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H80i

My Budget is under $1500

A:Building a gaming PC, need advice

Doesn't look like a bad setup but you still need RAM and I would suggest a DVD or Bluray drive. Also, do you have an operating system, monitor(s), mouse and keyboard already, or will you need those also? You could save money by shopping around (if you have that option - example NewEgg / Tigerdirect / etc). You could also save some money by looking at alternative items.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-pc-need-advice.196341/
Relevancy 30.1%

Waddup guys, fairly new here with little to no knowledge of computers. I'm trying to put together a computer to run stuff, anything better than my laptop will work now. I've got an old Dell XPS 410 with all the original parts, would I be able to swap out parts in it, or do I have to get a completely new computer? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

A:Building a PC

I recommend just getting all new parts. What is your budget and what tasks will you be using this for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.196267/
Relevancy 29.24%

Before I carry on I need to know one thing Does the Cosmos support ATX motherboards The reason I ask is because there is conflicting information provided by the cooler-master website and reviews online The website http www coolermaster co uk product php product id The Review pause the video when he shows the specs on the side of the box Will all of this hardware work together nicely Motherboard Sabertooth FX Gen R http www amazon co uk Sabertooth- amp sr - amp keywords SABERTOOTH FX GEN R PC Case Cooler Master Cosmos http www amazon co uk Cooler-Mast keywords coolermaster cosmos productDetails CPU AMD FX http www amazon co uk AMD-FX - F amp qid amp sr - amp keywords amd fx GPU Sapphire HD http www amazon co uk Sapphire- amp qid amp sr - amp keywords Sapphire PSU Corsair HX Gold http www amazon co uk Corsair-HX amp sr - amp keywords Corsair HX productDetails Feel free to suggest ram but I have gigs of ddr that only costed me And it is Crucial I might buy new stuff but I don t know yet I plan to buy lots of water cooling and radiators eventually once new Building a Compatibility - machine I got the basics set up nbsp

A:Building a new machine - Compatibility

Yes it does. It supports MicroATX through SSI EEB.

Good build. I recommend you wait till September 25th for the GPUs since AMD is set to unveil something new. Or if you want, just get the 7970 and wait for the new GPUs to release. Just remember, dont waste your money on watercooling if you have just 1 GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-machine-compatibility.195402/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, my name is Ben and I was informed today that a gaming computar is much cheaper to build than to buy. I'm pretty sure I have a monitor (Its a modern TV, if you could clarify that it is that would be great). I wish to play games like the upcoming battlefield 4, games like that. I also want to play minecraft, battlefield3, runescape, total war, and some others. I wish to have medium graphics, a good speed, and some memory for school work too. If you could help me out that would be great! ( sorry for my grammar)

Also, my budget is 800-1200

And im sorry I have no idea where to start, this will be my first build.

A:Building a Gaming computar

With a $1200 budget, you can easily run the games at very high settings. This is what I recommend:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB
SSD: OCZ Vector 128GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
GPU: EVGA GTX 760
PSU: Corsair HX650
Case: Your choice, but the Corsair 200R is a very functional and cost effective case.

The build above brings you to about $1100 (with the Corsair 200R). If you want a bigger SSD, just buy the 256GB version for about $100 more.

Do you need peripherals like a mouse and keyboard? Also, do you need a copy of Windows 7 or 8?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-computar.194863/
Relevancy 29.24%

Need some help with final stage before I order all the things.
This is what I got please tell me what you think.

Motherboard:
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY

CPU:
INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4GHZ 6MB S-1155 IVY

GPU:
SAPPHIRE RADEON HD7850 OC 2GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP

RAM:
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB)

SSD:
INTEL 330 SERIES 2.5" 60GB SSD SATA/600 MLC 25NM RESELLER

DVDR:
SAMSUNG DVDR/RW/RAM DL 24X SATA BULK BLACK

Tower:
COOLER MASTER ELITE 430 ATX BLACK

A:Building a gaming computer

Alright, I see no HDD other than the SSD 60GB and no PSU. Do you already have these items? Also, what is your budget so we know what you're working with should we suggest some changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-computer.194594/
Relevancy 28.81%

So recently I've decided to build my own gaming computer. My budget is about 750 and I've looked up all the items necessary to build a computer. But I have no idea whether or not the items I am looking at will go together or be any good. So I need some help.
Items
Mother Board: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate Socket LGA 1150 ATX Moth
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k 3.4GHz Socket LGA 1150
Ram: Kingston HyperX blu 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules)
Mid Tower: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow ATX
Hard Drive: Toshiba 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0GB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
SSD: Sandisk SDSSDP 064G -025 64GB SATA 6.0GB 2.5"
Graphics Card: Diamond 6570PE32G AMD Radeon HD 6570 2048MB GDDR3 PCle 2.1 Video Card
Heat Sink Cooler: Cooler MAster Hype Tx3 92mm HP CPU Cooler
Power Supply: Eagle Technologies Voltas X 600w ATX 12v

A:Need tips on building a gaming computer

Heres the deal, after looking at your selections, they are all Pretty Good, however that Diamond 6570 is a very low end GPU that wont do very well for a gaming computer. With all that awesome components in your machine, that GPU would just not do it, let me see if I can make an alternative suggestion for you in areas to save money and get you a better card.

My advice (Yes I know these things are great, but) is to drop the SSD, at a 750 dollar budget, that just pushes the edges of a gaming machine too much and an SSD is going to take away from the total experiece of gaming due to other areas of teh machine getting suffocated. This is my Alternative/recommended price list based off your budget and sales/Deals that will be around at least a week.

FX-8350 $200 (Comes with a 20 Dollar newegg Giftcard with purchase!)
Gigabyte 990fx UD3 Board 137$ ($127 with a 10 dollar mail in rebate)
Thermaltake Commander Black (Could not find white on newegg) $39 ($29 with 10 Dollar Rebate)
Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1tb $69
Corsair CX600 $79 ($59 with a 20 Dollar Mail in rebate)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 $29 ($19 with 10 Dollar Rebate)
Patriot Viper 2x4gb 1600 $64

Now for GPU's with whats left of the budget, I suggest either of the following

GTX 650ti $129 (25 Dollar Rebate)
or
HD 7790 $129 (10 Dollar Rebate)
Both come in at the same price point and both these suggestions are the same style cooler/company (MSI)

Now if you really want an intel build, lets change out these two AMD parts and go with these instead
i5-3570k $219
MSI Z77 LGA 1155 Gaming $119 (10 Dollar Rebate) Also (Bought this exact board for a friend, its kick ***)

This is my suggestion to you, now if you really want to get a SSD, take the rebates, send them in, and take that money to invest in an SSD later, but otherwise, the machines listed here will perform very nicely in most modern games at 1080p resolution at med-high settings!

I hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-tips-on-building-a-gaming-computer.194089/
Relevancy 29.24%

Bro ,
just seen your suggestion , really very help full.. also need your advise in building graphics workstation. we are advertising company.. I want to build a perfect graphics workstation for our our designers..
we use the following applications .

3d Software- 3d studio Max 2013
Render resolution- HD 1920
Adobe Master Collection 6
Adobe Design Collection 6 (illustrator-photoshop-indesign) ME
Maya
After Effect Package Plugin
Cinema 4D ?vision 14

all the above application we use to make exhibition stall designs..ect.
at present we are using intel xeon quad core - 3.2 Ghz with 6GB RAM .. ATI RADEON HD4780 1GB., we are using single monitor.. may be required Dual screen..

I was looking for HD Z820 and Z640 series... dual xeon with 8 core processor with 32GB RAM , Nvidia Quadro 4000 is costing huge amount...$ 10,000/- each

I know build customized will reduce the cost...I want about 5 workstations..

so please advise me best suitable computer spec... relable spec and recomanded graphics card.. my budged is $ 5000/-

A:Building graphics workstation

Is the $5000 per computer, or for all the computers put together?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-graphics-workstation.194369/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey there I m new to building PC s The last time I put one together and by quot put one together quot I mean merely adding a GPU was before the PCIe days when AGP was cutting edge tech So obviously I m a little out of date with what s good and what s great in the PC hardware world I ve done a lot of research in the last week and put together builds My goal is to spend no more than including peripherals and a decent monitor I d really prefer to keep it under and upgrade come the new year if necessary My PC usage is fairly simple I recently began PC's building New to working at home and my laptop does everything I need However there s a lot of down time and I ve found myself playing a lot of PC games - but I average FPS on medium settings in BF Not so fun I also dabble in video editing New to building PC's for another part-time gig but nothing serious at all The idea is to have a really strong gaming PC with good upgrade capabilities after the new consoles release so I can at least play at high ultra high settings for a few years to come Any and all input is greatly appreciated Here s what I had originally put together http pcpartpicker com p f u After doing a few more days of research I tweaked the build to the following http pcpartpicker com p fq M After reading through the forums here - I m definitely keeping the NZXT Phantom case in the build nbsp

A:New to building PC's

Great build. It will be hard to play at high/ultra settings for the next few years since games are constantly improving/getting more detailed. Things I would change in the build:
1) Get a Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler instead.
2) Get a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard instead since it is cheaper.
3) I would upgrade the Samsung SSD to a Pro version instead since it is much faster (but this is unnecessary if the budget doesnt allow for it).
4) Remove the sound card because these are not needed unless you have a very high end sound system.
5) I would upgrade the 660Ti to a newer GTX 760.
6) I would change the PSU to something like a Corsair TX650 V2.
6) Finally, I would downgrade the monitor to this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254092.

Optional:
Upgrade the case to a Corsair 200R and get rid of that extra fan you are going to purchase. Or you can keep the Phantom 410.

If you are not going to burn discs, then you can downgrade the BD drive to a DVD drive.

Overall, a very good build that needed minor tweaks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-building-pcs.194333/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi TechSpot community so I m doing another build and Building Assistance PC I m in need of in some assistance with regards to which parts to purchase for this computer I m building I m helping my uncle build a efficient computer for his budget What are you going to use the PC for More of a general use browsing watching videos TV series news My uncle is also a big fan a music so he s inquired about a possibly upgrading PC Building Assistance the soundcard from integrated ones from motherboards Also he wants to burn CD s for music It is to be noted that while he understand how a computer works he s not the most tech savy How much is your budget Preferably including tax amp shipping Where are you located and what sort of PC Building Assistance system do you currently have if any I e fill out your profile Currently located in California My system is relatively outdated and somewhat irrelevant in PC Building Assistance this situation Are you going to buy online or from a retail store be sure to think about shipping costs in this case I think buying online is the only option Retails I have used are TigerDirect and Newegg Personally I use Newegg the most but TigerDirect I believe has no tax in California Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig My Uncle has provided a case for me to build into I believe its a small tower case It also has some seemingly old CD DVD drives Do you need peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse amongst others Monitors keyboards mouse are unnecessary Have you already bought any components No Do you already have an Operating System OS or will you be buying one this may add a significant amount of cost to a low-budget system I have spare OS Windows to give him but he wants the OS in a different language and after some research I found out that all you need is Windows Ultimate to use language packs Also I do not believe a GPU is necessary as my uncle has no intention to game at most he ll be watching videos in HD which integrated GPU should be enough The budget box at on the TechSpot guide is actually pretty good for his needs but I just wanted to acquire other opinions before I made the purchase Thanks in advance TechSpot community and hope to hear your responses Please feel free to ask for more information as I ll be glad to provide more Summary including S amp H Budget-Box for General Use Videos Music Browsing Have a small-case with peripherals dedicated graphics card is unnecessary but would like a soundcard and disc drives to burn music CDs nbsp

A:PC Building Assistance

Well, props to you for actually making a useful post. I'm gonna let other people post tips for specific parts, but here are some thoughts:

- Is this case decent? No rust? For $40 you can get a brand new one with new fans and everything. I'd recommend this.

- Need to know if the DVD drive is salvageable. Is it SATA? (Google images can tell you)

- Unless he has $300+ speaker/headphone setup, onboard audio will do him fine. Give us more details on his 'music taste' if you like, but FYI a decent soundcard is $200+ itself.

- Win Ultimate supports multiple language packs at once, if I understand correctly. Home Premium in another language is fine (if it stays in that language), but I'll let someone else confirm this.

- You are correct, no GPU required. Also, no SSD required in my opinion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-building-assistance.193373/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am building some PCs for a video editing class we are starting. I have most of the materials picked out what I will be using. The CPU will be the Xeon E3-1230 V2. We cannot overclock so I am going with a Xeon cpu. Anyway my question is with video editing and no gaming, Do I need an aftermarket cooler? Thanks.

A:Building PCs for video editing class and have a question

I would recommend one (Maybe not the fanciest) but a decent one to help with the cooling of a xeon. Though like I said, I would not recommend anything fancy, just something to add a little airflow especially if your case is not huge and moving a lot of air.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pcs-for-video-editing-class-and-have-a-question.193007/
Relevancy 30.1%

So I'm making a computer and I already saw the PC Buying Guide and it was helpful but I need someones opinion I want to make the Same pc as this Youtuber love the case as of now money is no issue, is this everything I am going to need to build my pc? Also I won't be doing much gaming at the most the only game I will be interested in playing will be minecraft I mostly use my computer for Cinema 4d & Sony vegas pro, The reason why I want a gaming pc is because my pc is super slow and when I render anything it takes forever if you guys think you have a better build let me know here is the video I live in the US so in dollars not pounds haha Thanks =D

We'll need to know your budget. If you have any peripherals already or will need them included in this build. Will you need a new copy of windows? What resolution is your monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.193303/
Relevancy 29.67%

I would like to build computer but I am a newer for commuter building
What I need to know about when I buying all the component?
This is what I choose for the component
Some of them don't know which one is good and how to choose it

Case-galaxy 3 mid tower black 450W PSU bubble
What is 450W?
Motherboard -GA-287X-UD5H
CPU-i7-4770K
What I need for the front side bus
Good for the audio and video card do I need to buy them sepreately?
Ram need to be DDR3 and pin count same with motherboard what is that mean?
Memory ssd which brand is good
Blue ray optical drive which one is suitable?
Don't know which power supple is good
Budget1000 pound .please answer my question

A:Building a new computer

I will build you a very nice computer. I just need to know where you are purchasing these parts from (sites). 450W is the power supply. Dont worry, I will take care of that.
Watch these videos on how to build a computer:
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer.193198/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all I ve been thinking about first Building thoughts? pc, gaming building a gaming pc for the Building first gaming pc, thoughts? first time and was hoping to get some thoughts on this build I ll be on a budget of up to roughly on a p TV Building first gaming pc, thoughts? for a display and was considering the following PCPartPicker list Building first gaming pc, thoughts? CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Microcenter CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper EVO CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard MSI Z -GD Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard Newegg Memory Crucial Ballistix GB x GB DDR - Memory NCIX US Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive NCIX US Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB Video Card Newegg Case Rosewill THOR V ATX Full Tower Case Amazon Power Supply SeaSonic M II W PLUS Bronze Certified ATX V EPS V Power Supply Newegg Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Outlet PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP OEM -bit Outlet PC Total I probably won t be purchasing much of it for a month or two so I realize things may change but I thought I d try to get as much figured out now as I can The biggest questions I have are about the CPU motherboard RAM and HDD Is it worth the extra cost to get an i - K over the i - K The reviews I ve seen haven t shown much if any gaming improvement I may be overclocking later on if that affects the choice There is a newegg combo on the CPU and motherboard now that nullifies most of the extra cost part of why I was considering it Not sure what is important to look for in motherboards in general though this MSI board reviews well from what I ve seen Aside from whatever else for speed I m not sure what to look for in RAM either Same problem with HDDs I m just not sure what s important aside from space TB is about all I ll need for that at least for a while Same problem again for PSUs The biggest sources I ve been using are the PC buying guide here and http www logicalincrements com along with random reviews of specific parts As for the games I ll be playing most new stuff Total War Civ V Elder Scrolls The Witcher DX HR etc Hoping to play them at p fps ultra settings though I know that may not be possible with this build Does this seem like a good build Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Building first gaming pc, thoughts?

I think you should go for the latest Haswell chip (4670K). It has much more power saving features than Ivy Bridge does, and will future-proof longer. Here is the build I suggest:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K ($200 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H ($180 @ Newegg)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) ($70 @ Newegg)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 ($400 @ Newegg)
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro ($240 @ Newegg)
PSU: Corsair HX750 ($130 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ($60 @ Newegg)

This is a build that will fit the $1300 budget. I can easily trim it down to about $1000-$1200 by downgrading components. This is the cream of the crop, the best of the best build you can achieve right here for <$1500. I recommend the build as is. You may need to add in a HDD for external storage for about $100. Also, at 1080P, you dont really need a GTX 770. You can downgrade to a 660Ti (or the 760Ti when it is released int he coming days). With some price hunting and some more research, you can find deals on components. I can easily get this build down to a lower budget if you ask, so please, tell me feedback .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-gaming-pc-thoughts.192998/
Relevancy 21.93%

My brother messaged me asking for my expertise, but I don't deal a lot with hardware.

He needs it for compiling, it won't be used for gaming.
Required:
A minimum of 8 gigs RAM
CPU
Motherboard
RAM
HDD
PSU
Case
He is open to integrated graphics.

$600-$700 budget.

I told him I didn't know much about GPU/CPU/MB mixin' n matchin' and that I would ask around.

Where should he start?

A:Building a "rig"

What is the price range? What games will he be playing? What programs will he be using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-rig.192086/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey Guys I am a game developer and in the unfortunate position of having my computer break down on me So rather than sulk I figure I ll just build a new one My Budget is - I will use it $1,000 to for rig $1,500 Building a new gaming primarily for gaming I ll be ordering online from amazon newegg I m not reusing any of my previous system other than Monitors keyboard and maybe Building a new gaming rig for $1,000 to $1,500 speakers though they are an year old system Oh and I should be able to find Building a new gaming rig for $1,000 to $1,500 a Building a new gaming rig for $1,000 to $1,500 Windows cd I would love feedback on this site s gaming build http www techspot com guides -desktop-buying-guide page html Namely it is one of the best pc crafting articles though feels pretty out of date Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Processor Intel Core i - K Memory x GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR MHz Graphics GeForce GTX Ti Sound Asus Xonar DSX Storage OCZ Vector GB Western Digital Black TB Optical Lite-On iHAS - LG WH NS Power Corsair Enthusiast Series TX Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper Thanks a ton nbsp

A:Building a new gaming rig for $1,000 to $1,500

Just recieved this feedback. How is it?

Processor Intel Core i5-3450 $200 - no, get an i7 ivy bridge.
Memory 2x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz $22 - no, get at least 8Gb, but considering the price scale you may as well get 16. Get Corsair or Kingston.
Graphics Radeon HD 7770 $125 - very old model at this point you probably want newer go to radeon's site and look around
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB $65 - don't get blue get black also if you missed my other post I can get you a 2Tb black for ~$80
Optical Lite-On iHAS124-04 $17 - who the **** is Lite-On? Doesn't matter get Asus
Power Antec Neo Eco 520C $55 - 520W is a bit on the low end for a gaming machine. Get at least 600W.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-gaming-rig-for-1-000-to-1-500.189278/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, I am having a gaming computer built for me and my kids and would like your opinions on the specs. I looked at an Alienware x51 which would suit our purpose but noticed because of it's small size there are cooling issues, besides I like the idea of having a local shop do the work. Here are the specs:

In-Win Case
- Intel 3.4Ghz 1155 Core i5-3570
- Asus P8H61-M LE/CSM
- Geforce GT640 2GB PCIE 2DVI HDMI
- 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
- 1TB SATA Hard Drive
- DVD+/-RW Drive
- Card Reader
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
- Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 1Yr 1User/1PC
- 1 Year Limited Hardware Warranty

What do you think?

For current game titles, you need more than a Geforce GT 640. You would be better off going with the 650 for just a few $ more, if you couldn't get a better card such as the Geforce GTX 660.

GeForce GT 640 DDR3 vs GeForce GTX 650

Everything else looks pretty good to me.

Which case and power supply is going to be used?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-computer.185574/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys I am going to built a pc for high resolution gaming so I can play latest games and upcoming games next year ...
my pc specs will be -
cooler master haf 912 advanced mid tower cabinet
ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
i7-3770k
and 8 gb ram

so guys I want your reviews and if u feel like suggesting me pls go ahead
thanx

A:Building a new PC for high-res gaming

Looks like a good balance of components to me. Out of curiosity what power supply was you considering for the build?

For a single "SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3GB GDDR5", you will need at least a 550W PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc-for-high-res-gaming.188441/
Relevancy 29.67%

This what I've picked out thus far. This going to be used for gaming and for programs like Adobe Photoshop, 3DS Max, etc.

Cooler Master CM Storm Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case
EVGA 02G-P4-3660-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3(2)
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
Kingston HyperX 3K 129GB SSD
ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI

Suggestions, comments?
Thanks in advance

A:Help me with building up top gaming PC

Looks good to me!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-with-building-up-top-gaming-pc.187388/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi im currently in first pick PSU to sure Building PC, or GPU not what the process of building my first computer but im not sure what power supply and GPU I should use Im also not sure if all the parts are compatible at the moment I have come up with Procesor inter core i - GHz http www amazon com Intel-i - -Dual-Core-Processor-Cache dp B H HXS ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr Building first PC, not sure what GPU or PSU to pick - amp keywords i Motherboard gigabyte GA-Z -D H http www amazon com Gigabyte-LGA - amp keywords gigabyte ga-z -d h motherboard HDD western digital caviar sata III GB RPM MB cache http www amazon com Western-Digit amp sr - amp keywords gb hard drive RAM GB G skill DDR MHz http www amazon com G-Skill-PC - F amp qid amp sr - amp keywords g skill gb DVD samsung X DVD http www amazon com Samsung-Drive words amsung SH- BB x DVD RW DL amp RAM SAT Cooler zalmen CNPS X http www amazon com Zalman-CNPS qid amp sr - amp keywords Zalman CNPS X Case Coolermaster plus http www amazon com Cooler-Master Building first PC, not sure what GPU or PSU to pick amp sr - -spell amp keywords collermaster plus I would appreciate some help nbsp

A:Building first PC, not sure what GPU or PSU to pick

Looks good.

The few items I do not see listed are:

Power supply
Monitor
Keyboard/Mouse
Operating System
and possibly an SSD for system partition
I usually use Newegg while checking for part compatibility. I had a good feeling the CPU cooler you had listed would work as I have had a similar cooler. However Amazon doesn't give enough technical details to know for sure. I looked it up on Newegg and you are good to go with that CPU cooler.

Edit:
What are you going to be using your PC for, are you building a gaming PC or general use PC? This will help determine the size GPU and Power Supply you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-pc-not-sure-what-gpu-or-psu-to-pick.186869/
Relevancy 29.24%

My experience with computers is limited I want this to play iRacing http www iracing com membership system-requirements I already have a monitor keyboard mouse case graphics card Here is what I have so far looking to see if it will new Building for iRacing a system all work together in harmony ASUS P Z -M LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Building a new system for iRacing Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produ rue amp Keywords keywords amp Page scrollFullInfo COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RS -PCARE -US W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital WD RE WD ABYX GB RPM MB Building a new system for iRacing Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive http Building a new system for iRacing www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS - - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Microsoft Windows -bit Full Version - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA G-P -N -TR GeForce GT HDMI GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks for your help in advance Let me know if I m missing anything I forgot the processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz LGA W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Building a new system for iRacing

Hi I would make some changes:

ASRock H77 Pro4-M LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
EVGA 01G-P4-3650-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

I'm not quite sure if you said you already bought the graphics card. That'd be too bad IMO a 9800gt 1gb is a poor choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-system-for-iracing.186855/
Relevancy 28.81%

Okay hello there my name is Jack and I came up on this forum to ask for some help with tips info from experienced people on how to build a proper gaming computer My back story I am not a hard core gamer playing on a high maxed settings or spent thousands of Euros on pc hardware software Recently my old motherboard broke and I decided it is time to upgrade my computer hardware What I have left and thinking of using is My Dvd Cd writer Sata hard disk gb Ati Radeon HD gb I Also got a free i k ghz from a friend of mine unused with an TX Cooler Now what I am looking thinking of buying is Motherboard Power supply Gb ram at mhz or higher Computer case x mm fans and x mm fan I was searching the net and came up on this few items Motherboard MSI P A-C B Power Supply CORSAIR GAMING SERIES GS W PSU CERTIFIED CMPSU- GEU Ram CORSAIR CMZ GX M A C B VENGEANCE GB PC - BLUE x Case ASUS VENTO TA- Fans x SHARKOON LOW NOISE MM CASE FAN x SHARKOON SILENT CASE FAN MM This help/tips/info) computer new a Building (need all will cost me Euros I have a budget of Euros to spent So what do you guys think I m looking to be able to play the latest FPS games like New call of duty battlefield medal of honor on medium settings Any Building a new computer (need help/tips/info) help tips or suggestions of what might be better please post above any help will be really appreciated Thank you - Jack nbsp

A:Building a new computer (need help/tips/info)

Should work nicely

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer-need-help-tips-info.186853/
Relevancy 29.67%

Xcylent sent me here from his youtube channel. I can spend no more than $400 on a computer for gaming I dont need it to look cool just to run good while gaming. I live is The United States. Any help is appreciated.

A:Need help buying/building a PC

Do you have any parts that you were looking to reuse? Such as: Monitors,Mice, or Keyboard? Maybe even HDD, PSU and Case from a current machine. I ask because it will not be easy building a gaming PC with the budget of $400.

What games do you play?
What resolutions do you play at?
What type performance were you hoping to achieve with this new build?
Open to buying parts online?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-building-a-pc.186140/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi everyone I m building a PC after many years of using laptops I currently have a or Ti? GTX 670 660 PC: new Building a macbook pro running in boot camp and games aren t really Building a new PC: GTX 670 or 660 Ti? cutting it anymore getting - fps with Guild Building a new PC: GTX 670 or 660 Ti? Wars I would be playing mostly Starcraft GW BF Skyrim and future games Not too concerned with running at ultra but would be a bonus Here s the rig I m planning so far Motherboard - ASRock Fatal Building a new PC: GTX 670 or 660 Ti? ty Z Performance Motherboard Graphic interface - Gigabyte GeForce GTX Overclocked GB Gigabyte GTX TI Memory - G Skill Ares F - C D- GAO GB x GB DDR CPU - i k CPU Speed - Ghz Power Supply Make Model - Corsair GS- V Power Supply Watt output Amperage - w The whole thing is coming to around Australian dollars for an extra dollars I can get the GTX OC instead of the GTX TI So is it worth it Seem s that benchmarks are giving it an average of fps more maybe I can buy another down the line and use that with SLI Not sure if that can be done I m fairly rusty on all this Any advice nbsp

A:Building a new PC: GTX 670 or 660 Ti?

What resolution are you playing at? If it's 1920x1080/1200 then a 660Ti will play all those games at max settings, but for BF3 you might have to turn down to 2x MSAA if you play the big online maps. The 670 is a significant improvement over the 660Ti though, but if you only have a 60Hz screen then you won't be able to notice the difference. It's up to you if you want to spend the extra $100 to get the 670 but from the performance/price perspective the 660Ti is slightly better value.

I'd get this Seasonic based PSU instead, it's only $13 more. Corsair's CX and GS are entry level PSUs and not really up to the standard of the rest of their range. Your build looks good though!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc-gtx-670-or-660-ti.185335/
Relevancy 28.81%

As far as my knowledge can take me I m still a noob compared to the collective knowledge of my fellow tech spot members who after a year of membership and advice I call my friends Te help I request is as you may have guessed I am look thinking of building a gaming PC with a low budget My budget is Currently - - for holiday - August pocket money - - Results Day - - September pocket money - - October - November - December - - for GF Christmas a building budget advice Requesting gaming PC for Birthday - - Christmas - Sorry had to do the math and thought I d share it with you So I could potentially have anywhere between and Now for my minimal specs Any Graphics Card above http www videocardbenchmark net high end gpus html At least a quad core Water cooled Sound card not too important GB RAM If anyone finds a setup that fits this then thank you so much for your time and effort nbsp

A:Requesting advice for building a budget gaming PC

I vote for the graphics adapter as being the single most important factor in a gaming PC.

Out of your choices the monitor would be the second most important. However without adequate power to the graphics card it would be rendered useless, so I believe the Power Supply would be the second most important factor in gaming.

With CPU gaining in performance and becoming less of a factor in gaming, I would give the CPU the third most important position.

If you had included the Power Supply and CPU in your pole above, I would have made the monitor fourth most important factor. After all what good is being able to view a good picture if you can't produce the picture with better quality parts listed in the top three I mentioned above.

In my opinion RAM and Sound Cards would have very little importance as RAM is not all that expensive to purchase and on-board sound is usually sufficient.

Edit:
I noticed you are looking for a gaming card and referenced to the Passmark benchmarks of 1000 as a recommended score. You might should consider looking at cards that will score at least 2000.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/requesting-advice-for-building-a-budget-gaming-pc.183551/
Relevancy 30.1%

Well I certainly could use some help on building a PC I certainly do not have the funds necessary but when I do I would like to spend no PC a Building more than k - quite a bit less if possible But I want something that can handle gaming at the highest quality games like Sid Meier Building a PC s Civ handle my digital audio workstation projects I use Reaper and I multi-track and fx like crazy I want very low latency of course because I record with simulated guitar amps and effects So this means a speedy CPU maybe at least GHz Quad great graphics card and lots of memory because I edit videos a lot too Is all this possible under USD I am a bit of a noob at this however I have been exposed to some computer knowledge and have been around the geeks I have soaked up some information here and there I got a two-year degree in Microcomputers but it was the not the hardware side So don t expect me to know all about the graphics cards and stuff I just need a little shove in the right general direction I want to make sure I get what I need and it s all compatible obviously I plan to do this when I have a full time job and moved out where I have my own space It doesn t hurt to plan ahead -Brandon nbsp

You should get a pretty beasty computer for $2000.

i5 3570K
ASUS Z77 motherboard
8GB RAM
Radeon 7970 or GeForce GTX 670
Dedicated sound card maybe?
And an SSD. Because they're awesome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.182836/
Relevancy 29.67%

Trying to build a computer and all problem is that I can t figure out what power supply would fit into the case Case I m buying is this Just going to list everything in the computer Its the first computer I m building so yay Sorry about the bold and size just coping from the site Just making Building computer a sure this will work and to try and get help looking for Building a computer a new Power Supply seeing how the one Building a computer I m trying to get is out of stock NON SATA required Power Supply Case Cooler Master RC- -KWN Elite Mid Tower ATX Case - ATX Micro-ATX USB Audio mm Blue LED Fan Black Mother board ASUS P H -M LE B Intel H Motherboard - Micro ATX Socket H LGA Intel H Express MHz DDR HDMI Gigabit LAN -Channel Audio SATA Gb s SuperSpeed USB Processor Intel Core i - BX I Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail Video Card MSI R -MD GD Radeon HD Video Card - GB GDDR PCI-Express x Dual-Link DVI HDMI DisplayPort DirectX Dual-Slot CrossFireX Ready RAM Patriot PSD G PC GB DDR Desktop Memory Upgrade - MHz Non-ECC Unbuffered Non-ECC CL x MB Power Supply Out of Stock Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan Lifetime Warranty w Registration nbsp

A:Building a computer

Dorky106 said:

Trying to build a computer and all, problem is that I can't figure out what power supply would fit into the case.
Case I'm buying is this (Just going to list everything in the computer)
Its the first computer I'm building so yay! (Sorry about the bold and size just coping from the site...
Just making sure this will work, and to try and get help looking for a new Power Supply seeing how the one I'm trying to get is out of stock. (NON SATA required Power Supply)
Case:
Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case - ATX/Micro-ATX, USB, Audio, 120mm Blue LED Fan, Black

Mother board
ASUS P8H67-M LE B3 Intel H67 Motherboard - Micro ATX, Socket H2 (LGA 1155), Intel H67 Express, 1333MHz DDR3, HDMI, Gigabit LAN, 8-Channel Audio, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, SuperSpeed USB 3.0​

Processor
Intel Core i5-2400 BX80623I52400 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 1MB L2 Cache, 3.10 GHz (3.40 GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 95W, Fan, Retail​

Video Card
MSI R6770-MD1GD5 Radeon HD 6770 Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.1 (x16), Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, CrossFireX Ready​

RAM
Patriot PSD32G13332 PC10600 2GB DDR3 Desktop Memory Upgrade - 1333MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Non-ECC, CL9, 1x2048MB​

Power Supply (Out of Stock)
Ultra LSP550 550-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty w/ Registration​Click to expand...

That PSU will fit just fine and it's available for $50 at CompUSA - http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276574
Personally. I'd go with the LSP650 to feed your power-hungry video card. It's only $55 and if you notice the regular price is $100
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276573&CatId=1483
I've had an LSP650 running my main machine for 2 years through 3 builds and no problems, runs very quiet.
By the way, almost any ATX power supply will fit most modern cases. Only some of the larger 1000 & 1200 watt models will have clearance issues in smaller cases.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer.182391/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello Community,
I am trying to built two desktop computers, one I need for work and the other for play!!!
On the first computer what would be the essential parts (the PC would be used primary for data, I will be installing Microsoft word Excel?., My business program which includes images of my merchandise and maybe adobe Photoshop and acrobat. My budget is 300-400 without counting the operating system. With this budget can I built a stable and good working PC?
The second PC is going to be gaming type PC with bell and whistle, I will be using it primarily for editing movies video and music, my budget on that pc is 1500.00 without the operating system.

A:Building two PCs: one for work, one for play

This will get you started.
Out of interest why don't you just build one system for work and play? Or is it because they're going to be in 2 separate locations?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-two-pcs-one-for-work-one-for-play.180901/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am trying to build a computer used for just gaming and is based off Windows 7 64-bit. What kinda hardware am I going to need to have no lag whatsoever? I have the shell of a 2004 Compaq persario. I'm willing to change specs if needed

What games do you play and at what resolution? And what's your budget?

I very much you would be able to reuse anything in that 2004 Compaq except maybe the HDD and the DVD drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-computer.181094/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everyone I was hoping to receive a little help regarding putting a new computer together I m not very experienced in this task so I m a bit hesitant to go at it alone Any tips hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated I ve posted several components below all located on a Building PC newegg that I believe would be pretty decent please let me know if all of these pieces are indeed compatible and if so if any are considered overpriced at all ASRock Fatal ty FX Professional AM AMD FX SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard http www newegg com Product Building a PC Product aspx Item N E AMD FX- Zambezi GHz Socket AM W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD FRGUBOX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Building a PC RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply New Version with Build-in LED Fan On Off Switch http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX- WB Black Silver mm SECC Building a PC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL Q- GBXL http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti Fermi FPB GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Again thanks in advance for any assistance nbsp

Go Intel, e.g. i5-2500K. Only hardcore AMD fanboys will buy the FX-8120.

For the mobo you can get the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, costs much less than the AM3+ one you picked.

I wouldn't really cheap out on the PSU, I'd recommend something like the CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W instead. It costs quite a bit more but will last you a long time. A good indication of PSU quality is the manufacturer's warranty period, the Corsair is 5 years compared the Raidmax's 2 years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.180370/
Relevancy 29.67%

So i have been in the market for a computer for a few months now and haven t found anything Need a help building computer to my satisfaction yet I have wanted to build a computer for roughly yrs now but frankly it kinda scares me i would love to build one but i deff need help but before i get to telling you guys what I am looking for in a computer ill tell you a little about what i know about computers I am self taught i mainly work on trouble shooting computers virus removal and the like I have some knowledge about computer parts and specs but just the bare minimum Need help building a computer to be able to shop around and get a Need help building a computer decent deal on a computer So know that you know a little bit about what i know heres kinda what i want i am willing to take suggestions though CPU intel core i k tb hdd gbs ram GPU i am looking for a decent GPU something around the performance of the Radeon HD but if there are better for cheaper let me know Price well i was looking for some were in the range but would go up to ish Yeah i know not much to go off of and a small budget but to help even more here is kinda what i plan to use it for I use programs such as adobe dreamweaver flash after effects and programs like those i play games here and there mainly minecraft command and conquer red alert and games like those So that s basically all i can think of to add to this post if you have any questions plz ask i will be happy to answer and thx for the help in advanced nbsp

A:Need help building a computer

That looks like a decent build for your requirements.

Don't forget the Z68 motherboard and a quality branded 400-500W PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-building-a-computer.177147/
Relevancy 29.67%

I'm Building my first computer i like the idea of these specs i pretty much want about 16gb ram n a really good processor but im unsure where to go with the rest of the build. any way heres my ideas, pease any opinions or help would be muc appreated and lso the main question will it work??
Asus RAMPAGE IV EXTREME/BF3 X79 LGA2011 8*DDR3 5*PICE16 SATA3 RAID USB3.0 1394 BF3
Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL9 Vengeance Performance with XMP 1.3 for AMD, Intel P67, Z68
Intel BX80623I72600K CORE i7 2600K/ 3.40GHz/ 8MB CACHE/ LGA1155
COOLER MASTER 3 x 23cm fans, front Red LED, Tool-free kits, Black interior, Transparent side panel
Western Digital WD1002FAEX 3.5" CAVIAR BLACK, 1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 3, 5YRS
EVGA Geforce GTS450 1GB 783MHz PCIe 01G-P3-1351-KR
Samsung SH-B123A Blu-ray/ DVD Combo Drive - 5.25" internal SATA, 12x Blu-ray Reader & DVD Burner

cheers
Liam

A:Building first computer

The short answer is, no it won't quite work out.
What do you need the computer for? Why exactly do you want the load of RAM "n a really good processor"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer.176846/
Relevancy 29.24%

Basically Im having problems with my problems computer Having building computer and I dont know where else to turn so hopefully you guys can help me Ive been through a lot today with this thing but basically AMD Phenom II x CPU MSI S-G Mobo CORSAIR W PSU HD GPU HAF Case CORSAIR gb stick RAM HITACHI TB HDD Optical Drive LG I think doesnt matter So yeah Got everything hooked up properly blah blah blah turned it on had it hooked up to my monitor through VGA and HDMI and input came through neither when I turn it on theres lights on the motherboard that just stay solid lit up The little beepy thingy you plug it didnt work we even Having computer building problems took another beepy thingy out of my friends computer and put it in and it didnt do anything ALL fans power up optical drive pops open Uhh thats it Kinda ticked right now caled MSI he told me to pop the little battery thing out and put it back in that didnt help tried my RAM in all slots and my friends RAM outta his computer so the guy from MSI said it was probably the mobo or CPU thats messed up Any idea I also tried DVI didnt work Main thing im stumped on is the beep Ive been trying to get that thing to beep forever it just wont do it whats up with that nbsp

A:Having computer building problems

The beep is telling you something isn't right... could be one memory module is defective, power supply is not connected correctly, video graphics card is bad on installed incorrectly... Often it is a bad motherboard...

How many beeps in each series, before the pause, and then repeated... that can tell you something. Look in the motherboard assembly or instruction book for beep codes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-computer-building-problems.176619/
Relevancy 29.24%

When building a RAID array, any type, do the discs need to be identical, such as make and model wise, or do only the specs of the drives need to be identical, such capacity, interface, and cache?

A:HDD necessities when building a RAID

Almost anything works, but dissimilary specs will reduce the RAID to the lowest common denominator.

different RPM or r/w speeds
capacity -> lowest
caching? not really effective anyway
so you get a 'better' RAID by matching the specs (vender doesn't matter).

Be advised: Even Microsoft discourages RAID for the boot volume; use it for data only.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-necessities-when-building-a-raid.176645/
Relevancy 29.67%

so im building a new budget pc and will be getting this motherboard

http://www.ebuyer.com/266605-asus-p...-8-channel-hd-audio-matx-p8h61-m-le-usb3-r3-0

im trying to find a decent heatsink that will fit nice with this motherboard w/o getting in the way of the ram etc and has the rite connection... i think 4 pin, does anyone have any ideas of a few decent heat sinks

A:Building new computer

thaught illd mention that its all going in this case
http://www.xcase.co.uk/product-p/case-x-case-defender.htm
found this heatsink but not sure if it will fit
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/57/.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-computer.176449/
Relevancy 28.81%

Right now I m looking at the following in terms of components for a gaming PC Gaming and web surfing will probably be the only things I do with it I might edit something here or there in Photoshop on rare occasions I wanted to a cut new building to First gaming cost. -- time want PC know if there were any significant compatibility errors or significant bottlenecks that might occur Now I have a pretty bad situation here First time building a new gaming PC -- want to cut cost. because I have no old parts whatsoever to speak of since this is the first time I m building a PC I want to be able to get the total cost of it down to or less right now it s a few hundred over I do plan on First time building a new gaming PC -- want to cut cost. gaming on the monitor below s First time building a new gaming PC -- want to cut cost. native resolution x Also I have no problems with overclocking Also I d like to know if there are any ways that I can decrease the cost of components without sacrificing too much in terms of performance Note All will be purchased on Newegg CPU Intel i K might overclock not sure Mobo ASUS Maximus IV Extreme P RAM G-Skill Ripjaws X GB DDR GPU MSI GTX TI Twin Frozr II Boot Drive OCZ Vertex GB Store Drive Caviar Black TB SATAIII PSU Corsair Professional Series Gold AX Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced CPU HSF Cooler Master Hyper Plus Mouse Logitech G Keyboard Das Keyboard Professional Silent Speakers Logitech Z Webcam Logitech Quickcam Pro Monitor ASUS VW H quot Burner ASUS DRW-T B ST OS Windows Home Premium -bit Tell me what you think Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:First time building a new gaming PC -- want to cut cost.

- Get a cheaper motherboard, you're probably not going to use a lot of its functions (i.e. dual, triple graphics cards)
- Get cheaper RAM, you won't notice the difference between 2133 and 1600Mhz when gaming/surfing
- Don't get a 1TB Caviar Black hard drive now, they're very expensive at the moment due to the flooding in Thailand. Try to use and old one if you can and buy it in a few months time
- The PSU is great, but the Corsair TX series are just as good and quite a bit cheaper. You only need about 600W for your system as it is, but if you plan on going SLI later 850W would be a good idea.
- Get a cheaper case, the HAF 932 is massive for only one graphics card and 1 HDD/SSD/DVD drive. If you like the look of the HAF series you can get the 922.

As for upgrades:
- Definitely invest in an aftermarket HSF, even with a cheap one you can OC the 2500K to 4.5Ghz easy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-building-a-new-gaming-pc-want-to-cut-cost.175935/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all im looking at building a tower for general use and gaming as cheap as possible and best place to buy parts mainly what u reccomend i get please help

A:Help on building new tower

hmmm anyone please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-building-new-tower.175355/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey Guys!

I just finished putting together my computer today, it seemed to go smoothly, took me longer than expected, but when I turned it on and plugged in my monitor, there was no signal detected by my monitor...

What steps should I take to figure out what is wrong or what should I double check before worrying that the MB is busted?

A:After building and checking for fan operation, no signal to monitor

I double-checked a lot of things... is it possible that the motherboard I'm using doesn't support monitors through the VGA cable? I don't have a DVI cable atm...

Also could the SATA cables from the SSD HDD or DVD drives interfere with this if they are in the wrong SATA port?

I am not sure what else I should try at this point... and its frustrating to say the least

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-building-and-checking-for-fan-operation-no-signal-to-monitor.174975/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey everyone im brand new to this building your own gaming computer thing but i think i got most of it down with the help of youtube instructional videos lol Anyway this is my hardware so far please tell me its all compatible thanks C - Corsair CWCH Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan LGA LGA LGA LGA LGA AM AM my compatible? computer hardware building, is to New lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - ASUS P P PRO REV Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C SATA Gb s RAID Gigabit LAN -CH Audio USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung HN-M MBB Spinpoint M quot Internal New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? Hard Drive - TB SATA G MB RPM lbs In Stock Details M - Sabrent EC-UEIS Hard Drive Enclosure - quot IDE SATA to USB eSATA lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? T A quot Class Widescreen LED Backlit HDTV Monitor - x Mega Dynamic ms HDMI VGA USB HDTV Tuner Energy Star lbs In Stock Details S - Masscool STARS- Silver Color Thermal Grease lbs In Stock Details C - Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal ty Champ PCIe Sound Card SB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - E - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - U - Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller lbs In Stock Details A - Asus DRW- B ST BLK G AS Internal x CD DVD Drive - DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-RAM x CD-R x CD-RW x SATA MB Black lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - M - Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD English lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz x MB Non-ECC Unbuffered lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - I - K Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail lbs In Stock Details nbsp

A:New to computer building, is my hardware compatible?

You shouldn't need to buy thermal grease as the Corsair CPU cooler comes with some high quality brand already applied. Personally I've not bought a sound card for the last 3 or so PCs that I've built for myself. When using headphones I've found that the onboard sound solutions (usually from Realtek) have been good enough for my gaming needs. I'd personally sink the money for that into an IPS or MVA monitor rather than a "HDTV". Perhaps a Dell Ultrasharp ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-computer-building-is-my-hardware-compatible.174034/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am building a new rig. These are all the parts I'm going to need, except an SSD, which I'm still searching for.
What do you think of this:

There is some finnish text, but don't mind, you'll get the point

Please recommend, comment and improve the setup! Don't wanna go wrong, now do I?

Thanks guys!

Relevancy 29.67%

Heyo Ladies and computer first Building Gentlemen I have been looking to build my own computer recently and after around months of solid research i ve come to the conclusion to build one i will probably be building it either in - weeks or when windows comes out I will be using this computer for school work internet surfing everyday stuff and gaming mid-high settings but i want this thing to Building first computer LAST i am buying all my parts from wvw pccasegear com since i live in Australia i already have a Building first computer graphics card gigabyte GTS OC but i m buying a different one for this computer ill probs give the to a friend or something my budget is maximum so here is the list Case CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer - Extra Case Fan CoolerMaster MegaFlow Red - CPU AMD FX -Core Processor - CPU Cooler Arctic Cooling Alpine Pro Rev - Graphics Card ASUS Radeon HD DirectCU V - HDD Samsung SpinPoint F TB HD SJ - SSD OCZ Vertex GB SSD - Memory RAM G Skill Ripjaws F - CL D- GBRL GB x GB DDR - Motherboard ASRock Extreme Motherboard - Optical Drive Lite-On IHAS x DVDRW - Card Reader Shintaro Internal Card Reader quot OEM - Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular - Monitor LG E V-BN inch LED Widescreen Monitor - Mouse Logitech M Marathon Mouse - MousePad Razer Sphex - Keyboard Cherry Infinity USB Keyboard - OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit with SP OEM - Total i had a few concerns with this build though firstly whether the CPU cooler will fit the mobo and also if the RAM is compatible if you have read this far i commend you please leave any advice you want to give it would be appreciated nbsp

A:Building first computer

I believe you already have a thread on your PC build here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic172833.html

I suggest you continue posting on the earlier thread for any further queries or concerns. There is no need for multiple threads dealing with the same topic.

Also, the build recommended to you in the previous thread will outperform the current one you've drawn up in terms of graphical performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer.173399/
Relevancy 28.81%

so about a year or so ago i started to build a computer and kinda stopped quickly got into some debt got other toys insted and now im trying to finish what i started and what better place to waste gaming Building budget a computer time than at work so far here is what i have Building a budget gaming computer case cant remeber brand but its a mid tower atx psu again cant remeber brand its and bronze certified W or W all i know is im sure its enough hdd its a WD want to say gb right around there graphics i know its out of date but an EVGA gts core amd phenom II or black edition doesnt matter i plan on OC keyboard Building a budget gaming computer and mouse i have i know the gpu is out of date but money is tight and i plan on an upgrade once the money fairy leaves some cash under my pillow set a budget of US any input would be nice and if i am in the wrong area for this post please move nbsp

A:Building a budget gaming computer

so once i got home i started looking around and i was thinking of this set up

the 990 sabertooth mobo
8gb (2x4gb) gskill ddr3
and gtx460 and a little later on get a second one in sli

so any thoughts would be great

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-budget-gaming-computer.173157/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am looking to finally build my first desktop and it will be for straight up gaming streaming videos and etc Everything that you need to know is down below Also I know very little about computer hardware so if you use hardware language with me then I will just be like quot quot Just post the rigs here or send them via PM If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them Here are some specifics I can give you Budget - can go over a bit Case Nothing flashy want more power than looks Monitor Have it OS Have it Power Supply W - W Processor i or equivalent because I have no idea what the AMD equivalent is RAM gb - no less more Purpose Hard-Core gaming basically the only thing I will use it for Misc I need a wireless adapter as well Recommendations Please put the price and item of anything you recommend I also get I hope that my Building desktop first can get you started If you want to wait until Black Friday for any Building my first desktop savings you can Just Building my first desktop want it before Christmas Thanks Spiritjoo nbsp

A:Building my first desktop

hi!

im going to assume you want to use newegg or tigerdirect, so i'll list some nice parts:

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

Power Supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115071

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104173

Hard Disk Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073

Wireless adapter: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124115

i hope i didnt miss anything. the total of all that is $663

i put in a HDD too, but if you didnt need it the total cost would be $543

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-first-desktop.172795/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey everyone, I'm just getting into computer building, I have much to learn but was wondering if I should just upgrade my computer or buy a whole new one, for gaming. My specs are as follows. Simply reply, if you want anymore info!! Thank you for any and all input!
System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 3

Computer: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3400+ 1.80 GHz, 1.93 GB of RAM Physical Address Extension

A:Help with either upgrading or building a new computer? Processor, graphics card etc

Hi there,
It would help to know what resolution you wish to game at, level of detail you would expect, types of games etc. short of that, I would recommend a complete new build just because of the Sempron. besides being a single core CPU, it is one of the least capable CPU's on the food chain, as well as being rather dated now. If you can provide the details listed above, and a budget, one or more of us will be glad to help with budget/use appropriate build suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-either-upgrading-or-building-a-new-computer-processor-graphics-card-etc.172746/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey guys just joined the forum after ending up here after numerous building I'm a gaming Advice needed PC. Google searches thought it best I join up and ask seek some advice As per the title I m in the planning stages of building a gaming pc I don t really have a budget but anything under including all the components and a monitor is best for me I m not one for saving so I ll spend more if absolutely necessary I m willing to buy online or in-store but I m pretty sure than online is cheaper for me this is my first build and I ve yet to do more than add a list of things to I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed a basket lol it ll be early February next year before I can think about buying anything I ll be using Windows ultimate -bit if I can help I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed it in other words if what I ve chosen for this computer which I ll list below will let me use that Anyways here s my list I ve found what I think I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed is everything I need on pixmania ie I just wanna know if these will all work together or fail miserably then I ll look for cheaper deals closer to the time Motherboard Euro ASUS Rampage III Formula - LGA Socket - Intel X Express ICH R Chipset - ATX Processor on it s own but I m getting a fan a gel with it for Euro Intel Core i K - GHz - MB L Cache - LGA Socket boxed edition RAM Corsair x GB DDR - PC - CL XMS PC Memory CMX GX M A C Memory WESTERN DIGITAL TB Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive Power Supply Euro OCZ ZX Series W PC Power Unit OCZ-ZX W-UN Graphics Card MSI GeForce GTX Ti Twin Frozr II - GB GDDR - PCI-Express N GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II OC CD DVD Drive Euro HP CD-RW DVD-ROM combo drive - IDE Case Cooler Master HAF PC Tower Case - black Also on my list is an anti-static wristband as I ve heard they re helpful I m mostly confused about the power supply and if everything will work together I ve also picked that case as it s quite big and it apparently has really great cooling capabilities so if it could house all of that hardware I d be really happy if not I ll get something that works Also has the motherboard got enough slots for everything I d like to get a second graphics card but not for a while if that is do-able that or maybe add a sound card down the line which I can see myself doing Thanks for taking the time to read all of that I look forward to hearing from everyone nbsp

A:I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed

The motherboard you have selected is an LGA 1366 socket which will not support the i7 2600K. Pick an LGA 1155 motherboard (preferably a Z68 chipset). Also, for a gaming setup I would pick the i5 2500K as you wouldn't really require the horsepower of the i7 in games. Money saved could be spent on a better mobo/GPU.

You will not require a 1250W PSU. I would recommend the Corsair TX 750 instead. Pick a better memory kit (1600MHz).

For the GPU, pick a Radeon HD 6950 over the GTX 560 Ti. However, this is a very personal opinion. The 6950 does perform a few frames better in most tests. You could add a second one in CrossFire later on. 2x HD 6950 outperforms SLI GTX 560.

Look at the Cooler Master CM 690 II as your case. It's fantastic at it's price point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-building-a-gaming-pc-advice-needed.172374/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I am putting together a Desktop for watching stock market charts I will be connecting Monitors Dell U M x inch x to this desktop Mostly I will be using stock applications amp couple of Word Docs amp some webpages simultaneously OS will be Windows - Ultimate I will be using Building desktop a three ATI FirePro Graphics cards I did a lot of research amp chose these Low Profile cards AMD has specifically designed these cards for stock market applications amp are used by many professionals I am not sure but Intel i GHz processor should be enough I am thinking about GB GB DDR RAM I need one DVD-RW I guess Onboard Sound would be good enough Although I don t have a budget restriction amp want to build the best system Building a desktop I am limited to the parts available where I am located So you Building a desktop guys need to pick the parts from the following websites I am importing graphics cards since they are not available here http www theitdepot com http www deltapage com Thank You all nbsp

A:Building a desktop

the I7 2600 will be ample power for what you are doing (only would need the much power if you were gaming with those screens) everything you have shown will work perfect for what you are doing, just make sure to select a case with ample cooling for the cards, and a rather large power supply for the 3 FirePro's (atleast a 1200W)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-desktop.172037/
Relevancy 29.24%

I need it to stream netflix in 1080p..and Hulu and any other free video sites.Also it needs to be able to be used as a DVR.I don't care too much about saving video or playing blue-ray.I just want it to stream movies and shows and record movies and shows.I need to know what i need to buy to make this work.Do i need a tv tuner?Graphics card?I want to keep cost down as much as possible without compromising quality of video and audio.I have a HD LCD TV in 1080p

Also is an HDMI port required or necessary?Is beyond tv a good software to use?Do i need windows 7 or will Linux work for my needs just as well?Oh i almost forgot I want to be able to skip commercials as painlessly as possible.Can i run my digital cable box thru it?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-budget-htpc.172002/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi guys I gaming Building opinions? a PC, ve searched all across the internet for what I can tell anyway to see if there are any incompatibilities power issues etc for Building a gaming PC, opinions? the prospective PC I would like to build and so far have come across none I m still yet to fully understand the differences in PSU but I don t think I m too far off Building a gaming PC, opinions? Could you guys give me an opinion of my future weeks before I build set up and tell me if I m going wrong anywhere Or if I need any further cooling Case Thermaltake Level GT Corsair T White Processor AMD FX Bulldozer -Core GhZ Building a gaming PC, opinions? when available OR AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition GhZ Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Graphics Card x MB Sapphire ATI Radeon HD set up in Crossfire OR x MB Sapphire ATI Radeon HD also set up in Crossfire PSU Corsair w HDD Seagate Momentus XT GB SATA Hybrid RAM Corsair Vengeance GB x GB MhZ CD DVD LiteOn BR Re-writer I m also aware that this is my first thread post involvement on this board at which point I would like to introduce myself and say hello to everyone Thank you nbsp

A:Building a gaming PC, opinions?

It will take a while for AMD to release their FX Series CPUs. Could you give us your maximum budget for the build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-pc-opinions.171612/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey everyone I am looking at getting a computer for starwars the old republic needs to release already grr I am thinking of going through Cyberpowerpc com my brother and quite a few of my friends have bought computers from them and they seem to be the cheapest for brand new systems I was hoping I could get some of you to build what you think would be a great computer for TOR. What Wars: for gaming you are new Building running? Star comp gaming I will only be doing games on it and maybe watching movies I have monitor right now i believe is a quot viewsonic I would like to get a quot and have duel monitors I am looking to spend any where from k- k I am looking into getting a SSD with a reg hard drive for Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? storage Any questions or concerns please post them here and i will get back to you ASAP PREFER intel i unless u think i would be better with Over Clocking also if you will be playing starwars tor what kind of rig are u running right now and will be running for the game on release day so i just seen this and sorry for not doing it prior but here is what i kind of want What are you going to use the PC for Starwars TOR movies maybe blue ray maybe not not sure Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? yet thats about it How much is your budget k- k Where are you located a k a fill out your profile San Joaquin Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? County California near stockton modesto ca Are you willing to buy online was looking at cyberpowerpc com I have put together computers myself from newegg com and a couple other places and from what i have seen cyberpower only charges roughly - dollars to put it together for you Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build No Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others Yes monitor keyboard mouse and headset prefer throw in speakers ill remove if i want or dont want Have you already bought any parts no i have not bought anything Do you have an Operating System OS I have one from my laptop but i dont think i will be using it so throw in maybe windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup I prefer water cooled CPU GPU I want it to stay cool as it does get hot here during the summer months but ontop of that i would like as little noise as possible and no lights or neons I hate bright lights when im trying to sleep lol nbsp

A:Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running?

I am assuming that your present budget excludes the monitor.

Here's what I suggest:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz - $219.99
ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 - $189.99
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Radeon HD 6950 - $239.99
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 - $149.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) - $69.99
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB - $54.99
COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II - $79.99

TOTAL - $1004.93

That leaves you with $700 for OS and peripherals.

I am personally using the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and Logitech MX518 as my keyboard / mouse combo. Really happy with them. However, it's more down to personal preference.

With any cash that's left over you might want to get an SSD/Blu-Ray/etc. Or you might look at getting a second HD 6950 for CF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-gaming-comp-for-star-wars-tor-what-are-you-running.170921/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello Everyone I have recently decided to build my own desktop and I am looking for some advice I know what I am doing from the putting it together perspective but I am currently gaming a computer Building trying to buy the pieces and parts and I am a bit stuck Money is not really an issue but I would rather not spend hundreds of extra dollars on materials that are so far advanced that I will never use them to their full potential and in doing so waste money The list below is what I am currently looking at picking up Antec DF- Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS Black SATA X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM Building a gaming computer x ASUS ENGTX DCII DIS MD GeForce GTX Fermi MB Building a gaming computer -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ASUS Xonar DS Channels PCI Interface Audio Card CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor High Current Pro HCP- W TX V v EPS V v SLI Certified CrossFire Certified PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply GIGABYTE GA-Z A-D H-B LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard That is the entire rig I would like to be able to play games such as Starcraft II and WoW on the highest graphics possible flawlessly Anything over and above that I probably won t utilize so I m not so worried about it Let me know what I can downsize or where I can cut corners Thanks Everyone nbsp

i think that the i5 2500k is a a better option than the i7 2600k if you want to save money( 100$ ) without losing much gaming performance.
check this link : http://www.techspot.com/review/353-intel-sandy-bridge-corei5-2500k-corei7-2600k/page13.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-computer.170882/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello everybody game-server PC Building hosting for So gaming community needs to build up new pc for game-server hosting and web page I don t know about webpage guess that shouldn t take too much but I know about game servers So games are as follows CSS public slots TF public slots CS public slots and minecraft Current pc can t handle the load anymore Now it s only webpage one TF Building PC for game-server hosting server slots and one css slots but it s almost empty all the time max players Building PC for game-server hosting And TF server is lagging as hell Current pc specs AMD Athlon X Dual Core gigs DDR MHz Now a couple of admins me included Building PC for game-server hosting built a pcs And now there s choice between these two CPU i - K RAM GB DDR MHz MB ASUS P H -M PSU Corsair TX and nd pc AMD Phenom II X T BE overclocked to T level GA- GM-UD H As you can see we can t decide which cpu will do a better job I m on AMD side cause it got cores and happens to be better ar multitasking Some other people is on Intel s side cause it s a better cpu overall So question is which will be better Intel or AMD And then would the best cpu handle one more css public server and tf public We want to build a machine that can handle a lot of servers before lags I m sorry for my bad english Thanks in advance AddicTeD nbsp

A:Building PC for game-server hosting

If you really want to set up a server i wold advise maybe buying a server motherboard with 2 cpu's running Intel xeon processors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-for-game-server-hosting.170662/
Relevancy 28.81%

I might be building a new computer soon I am wondering if these parts will go well together Motherboard BIOSTAR H ML LGA Intel H Micro ATX Intel Motherboard tower LIAN LI PC-A NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case Video card EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -RX GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Memory CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMV GX M A C monitor Hanns-G HW- ABB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m x Power Supply Hanns-G HW- ABB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W computer witth a Building mini-ATX tower a Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I If any part in here is not compatible please tell me and point me in the direction of a compatible part if you can I do need the tower everything else can be changed Thank you very much and have a nice day nbsp

A:Building a computer witth a mini-ATX tower

Typo: you listed the monitor twice, once under PSU, Otherwise those parts look fine however even though it is a minitower due to the front mounted power supply that case will support a full ATX motherboard. I would personally recommend a Full ATX motherboard since they offer much more expansion. This is a good option and only costs slightly more, Although If you go with something like this you will get SATA 6gbps, USB 3.0, more memory slots, and a faster chipset.

Also Biostar motherboards are ok but far from the best try to look for boards from Gigabyte, ASUS, or MSI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-witth-a-mini-atx-tower.170466/
Relevancy 29.67%

okay, it's been 7 years since I last built a desktop pc. I need to build a new one. I like gigabyte mobo's. The desktop I need to build will be a backup system for 4 household residents and 3 of us will be using it for a main pc.
It must hold at least6- 8 sata TB hd's.
Would also like it to be hdtv compatible, have bays for blueray/dvd and a dvd recorder and also a 7 in one or whatever in 1 card slot.
Easy access to external usb's, mike. speaker and headphone jacks.
Video card is not that important since none of us are serious gamers.
lots of fans and memory
It must also support a 64 bit OS.
So as you can see a recommendation for a gigabyte mobo, case, video card, memory etc.
I am open to any ideas.
I just need a refresher on parts and compatiblity.

Thanks so much!

A:Refresher course help with building a new PC

Budget? Hardware preferences?

HAF-932 Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119213

* Also check out the HAF-932 Red version and the even bigger brother HAF-942.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/refresher-course-help-with-building-a-new-pc.170470/
Relevancy 29.24%

So this is my first time building ASAP, first time PC help building Need a computer myself got about to work with and have been doing some research all night I need Need help ASAP, first time building PC to know if the build that I made is going to be compatible with the other components Im pretty sure it will be a decent computer for the price just need to know if it will work together This will take some time to go over cause I don t know any other way than to post them in individual links Please have patience I need some help - Case - Rosewill CHALLENGER-U Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Motherboard Need help ASAP, first time building PC - ASUS M A TD-M USB AM AMD G HDMI SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Video Card Need help ASAP, first time building PC - GIGABYTE GV-R UD- GD Radeon HD GB - Processor - AMD Athlon II X Propus GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX WFGMBOX - Ram - Crucial Ballistix sport GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR - Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - CD rom drive - LITE-ON X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS - LightScribe Support - Power supply - Have a - watt supply at a friends house waiting for me don t remember which or brand Sorry I cannot post links the site won t let me this is my first post You can copy and paste all those names in newegg and find them easily Please only serious feedback no trolls as I am not trolling need answers ASAP Thank you very much nbsp

A:Need help ASAP, first time building PC

The Athlon II X4 640 is around $100. For a minimal premium I would recommend this CPU:

AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz - Now: $104.99

As for mobo: ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 - $99.99

The Crucial kit that you've opted for is not a very good performer. Go for the G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-asap-first-time-building-pc.170002/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all just need some expert help im still a little bit of a noob when it comes to computers even thought i know much more than the average person but anywhoo to my main topic as soon as windows comes out i will order in the specs below build a computer and hope it works i have a few questions though when windows comes out will it work on the specs i using are all these specs compatible will they work together are they good please rate the combination and end result computer from or year old generic pc with windows xp good for surfing the web and checking emails - to top of the range kickass overkill autobot of a computer with awesome specs which is like a dream for most gamers i would rate it maybe or but i want to hear your opinions OK NOW HERE ARE THE SPECS FIND EVERYTHING HERE wvw pccasegear my please review Building specs a computer: c m Case Thermaltake Armor A Case Cost CPU Intel Core i Cost Graphics Card HIS Radeon HD IceQ X GB Cost Monitor ASUS VH H in Widescreen LED Monitor Cost Memory G Skill ECO F - CL D- GBECO x GB DDR Cost HDD Samsung SpinPoint F TB HD SJ Cost SSD Crucial M SSD GB Cost Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z A-D B Motherboard Cost Optical drive ASUS DRW- B ST X DVDRW Drive Cost Power Supply Gigabyte Odin W Cost CPU Cooler CoolerMaster Hyper CPU Cooler Cost Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Value Cost Building a computer: please review my specs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PERIPHERALS LED ambientlights behind monitor Antec Halo LED Bias Lighting Kit COST Mouse amp Keyboard Gigabyte KM Ghz Wireless Keyboard amp Mouse Black COST SPEAKERS Logitech LS Speaker COST -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TOTAL -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for reading this i really appreciate any answers nbsp

A:Building a computer: please review my specs

It looks like they're making a decent profit off you. Not too bad though, I suppose.
Yes.
Yes.
My suggestion for you is to grow up for a while until windows 8 comes out, then you can post a new thread using newer, or cheaper parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-please-review-my-specs.169028/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello and if you are reading this i need your help okay so i m sort of a a computer. review together my if they'll specs, I work Building don't Please know noob with computers I know more than the average person my knowledge level is currently sitting at quot have a vague idea of how to build a computer quot I have been doing a little research since i want to build my own computer and these are the specs i chose Case Thermaltake Armor A Case Cost CPU Intel Core i Cost Graphics Card ASUS GeForce GT GB Low Profile Cost Monitor ASUS VH H in Widescreen LED Monitor Cost Memory G Skill ECO F - CL D- GBECO x GB DDR Cost HDD Samsung SpinPoint F Building a computer. Please review my specs, I don't know if they'll work together TB HD SJ Cost SSD Corsair Force Series GB SSD Cost Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z Building a computer. Please review my specs, I don't know if they'll work together A-D B Motherboard Cost Building a computer. Please review my specs, I don't know if they'll work together Optical drive ASUS DRW- B ST X DVDRW Drive Cost Power Supply Gigabyte Odin W Cost CPU Cooler CoolerMaster Hyper CPU Cooler Cost TOTAL I m from Australia so i cant use newegg which blows because newegg is awesome so im using a website called vww pccasegear c m its where i found all the specs SO anyway please if you have a minute just scan over the specs and give me a heads up on if everything is compatible it all fits and works together I m not being ripped off on a scale of average everyday pc thats a few years old to custom built computer with insane specs please rate these My price range is at most Much appreciated nbsp

A:Building a computer. Please review my specs, I don't know if they'll work together

What is your intended usage for this computer?

It looks OK, but the GPU is weak if your considering the build for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-please-review-my-specs-i-dont-know-if-theyll-work-together.168858/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello guys First building: PC compatibility? of my apologies for PC building: compatibility? the possibly dumb question but I m totally new to the whole building your own pc yet I wanted to make myself a pretty nice pc Since I have no idea how to really see if everything is compatible and would probably screw up I wanted to ask you people for a little help on my future pc These are the things that I wanted to buy Seagate Barracuda LP ST AS TB X Dell Ultrasharp U X Windows -bit Cooler Master CM II If you guys know a nice case I d be glad to see that too though Intel Core i X Extreme Edition Boxed Sony Optiarc BD- S Blu-ray PC building: compatibility? Disc Writer Cooler Master Silent Pro M W Intel GB GB SSD SATA- X Corsair Dominator CMP GX M A C Apacer AE Cardreader MSI X A-GD X ATX x DDR x PCI x PCI-e Point of View GeForce GTX GeForce GTX MHz with GB GDDR X I m building this pc to run games like Crysis The Witcher and future games at max settings but I m not sure if this pc will do and if it is compatible If there is any site where I can easily check this I ll do it myself but I m a complete noob at this Thanks for your time - Loyal nbsp

A:PC building: compatibility?

Hi Loyal and welcome to Techspot. Think we can safely assume that you have a liberal budget for this build based on the components you've selected. I'm sure there are plenty of folks that will offer suggestions on your proposed build.

I can tell you for sure that you will like the Dell U2711 but if you plan on using three you might want to consider an AMD graphics solutions. Also, would help to know if you intend to overclock this system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-building-compatibility.168349/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey,

I am making my brother a new PC rig from used parts and a couple of new parts.

Here it goes:

CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard MSI 785GM E51
GPU 9800 GT - possibly some update in the future
PSU I am not sure what wattage I should consider.
HDD his current 80 GB one
RAM his current 1GB - possibly updating to ZEPPELIN 4GB KIT DDR3 1333MHZ Gold
Case Eurocase ML5425 Cardo
CPU Cooler Probably stock cooler. I was thinking about some slight OCing, moving the multiplier up a notch.
DVD Drive Current one

The big issue for me is the PSU.(if there are any other issues or some components should be changed, please let me know).
I don't know what should be the ideal PSU. Would a 450 to 500 watt be enough.

Thanks in advance

A:Building a new computer from used parts

Atham said:

Would a 450 to 500 watt be enough.Click to expand...

Yes, something in the 450 to 500 range should be plenty for the components in this build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer-from-used-parts.168190/
Relevancy 29.24%

I need to build a PC for this upcoming fall semester We have been given guidelines to follow by the school but they are very open-ended and could use some assistance The pc will be running programs such as Rhinoceros Autocad DS Max Adobe CS etc I was hoping to keep the price range of this computer between - Students entering th year Architecture will begin rendering and using other 3D new Building workstation a modeling resource intensive applications The college requires the purchase of a high-end desktop computer Many students choose to have these systems custom built to better fit their needs Example minimum specs for Intel Core i GB Memory TB Hard Drive DVD RW Drive Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least - GB memory Wireless Network Adapter Windows Home Premium -bit www kent edu CAED about computing archcomputer cfm Click to expand I need assistance in the bold areas There just seem to be so many things to choose from I don t know where to begin Thank you in advance Hayden nbsp

A:Building a new 3D modeling workstation

haha

check out my post today

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic168043.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-3d-modeling-workstation.168044/
Relevancy 28.81%

Greetings I have recently decided to build myself advice Building machine, new a desktop welcome a Desktop Computer to replace my current laptop since I no longer require mobility That said it has been years since I built a computer from scratch and even then the machine was not built for any kind of real performance I have been spending some time searching across the web evaluating needs vs wants setting my budget picking out parts etc and now I fall upon the graces of my online peers for Building a new desktop machine, advice welcome advice On to the nitty-gritty Purpose The machine will be used primarily for Graphic Arts I work in programs Building a new desktop machine, advice welcome such as Photoshop Daz D Poser Maya DSMax Illustrator etc The secondary use for the machine and should probably be called primary is gaming Currently I play World of Warcraft Rift and Starcraft I also do some work in Visual Studio Budget I d like to keep it around or under Parts and Purchase I am starting from scratch with no preexisting parts and nothing currently purchased Where I buy from is of little consequence though to avoid exorbitant shipping costs I would prefer to buy as much from one place as possible I am fine with online shopping Peripherals Not needed OS I have a copy of Windows Pro -bit but may be purchasing another Home version not sure yet Cooling I would like to keep the machine as cool as possible but am tepid about liquid cooling any advise opinions on this is welcome All of that said as I mentioned before I have been looking for parts and have put together a list of parts that I think will take care of what I need But whether they are the best part for my dollar is unknown to me I do not think I will have any compatibility issues except perhaps with the SSD I m not sure on that one What I d like is for any and all of you to pick my list apart and let me know your thoughts or any problems you see I am open to switching out any of what I have chosen for a better and or cheaper product as long as everything stays within my budget After researching these are the parts that I am looking into buying Case Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB PSU Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration Mobo ASUS P P Deluxe B Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C Dual Gigabit LAN -CH Audio SATA Gb s USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth CPU Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache GHz Socket H LGA Retail CPU Cooler Corsair CWCH - Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan Copper Cold Plate Aluminum Radiator LGA LGA LGA AM AM RAM Corsair CML GX M A C Vengeance LP Desktop Memory Kit - GB x GB PC - DDR - MHz - - - CAS Latency -pin DIMM V Unbuffered Intel XMP Ready Video EVGA G-P - -AR GeForce GTX Ti Free Performance Boost Video Card - GB GDDR PCI-Express x Dual DVI HDMI DirectX SLI Ready SSD Corsair Performance Series CSSD-P GB -BRKT quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Building a new desktop machine, advice welcome

You'll love that case. I built a gaming rig for my brother-in-law using that case and it has plenty of fans. With a cpu cooler (which you list), it should do quite well in the cooling aspect. Keep in mind that periodic removing of dust is essential because the HAF (High Air Flow) cases move a lot of air.

How much rendering will you be doing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-desktop-machine-advice-welcome.167900/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am looking to upgrade/replace 6 older workstation pc's (purchased 11/07) and am looking for advice on new builds.

The workstations are used for our P.O.S. program and accessing online vendors (low graphics requirements).

Emphasis on reliability, low cost.

Willing to reuse old components, especially monitor,keyboard & mouse.

Prefer established online vendors like Newegg.

Is the "budget box" build the best bet?

Current System Specs: Dell OptiPlex 745
HARD DRIVE..., 80G, S2, 7.2K, 3.5, WD-UNIC
Dual In-line Memory Module 512, 667M, 64X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
Processor, 945, 3.4, 2X2MB Pentium D Presler, D0

A:Building new budget workstation pc's, looking for recommendations

Budget? AMD or Intel? Does it matter? What programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-budget-workstation-pcs-looking-for-recommendations.168051/
Relevancy 37.41%

First off I will tell you what my goal is and then what I have tried and any comments or ideas are greatly appreciated At from building building to Networking our church we recently got dsl since I am the tech Networking from building to building guy I got asked to tackle the challenge We are trying to get dsl at our parsonage as well which is aprox yds away This is what I have done From our dsl modem I have hooked up a router for the normal operations in the church Also from this router I have ran cat V to a wireless router next to an exterior wall The wireless N router has a detatchable antenna so I got an ext cable and placed the omni antenna on the ext of the building That antenna didnt seem to have much range so I bought a high gain yagi antenna Now the range is good but the parsonage next door is brick The signal seems to register on the computer but no internet access The internet works fine on the outside I guess brick and wifi dont mix My question is what would you suggest get a second yagi and go into and access point They want wireless in the house Also since it is a different building but has the same phone number would it be possible to have two seperate dsl modems Any help is appreciated Im ok with direct wireless but wireless to wireless and access points I dont have a clue Thanks Shane nbsp

A:Networking from building to building

good work (so far).

recommend you use a LAPTOP to verify the remote connectivity.

First, config the laptop so as to connect to your secondary router (ie: wireless router next to an exterior wall).
To avoid routing complexity; wire your connections like this

Code:
dsl.modem==primary.router(lan)----cat5---(lan)secondary.router)
notice that the secondary.router connects to the primary using a LAN slot, not the typical WAN connection.
This will allow all systems on your lan (regardless of wired/wifi, or which router they connect to) to use the same ip subnet
(ie all devices will have the first three values of the ip address identical; 192.168.1.x)

To do this, connect a system to the secondary.router (and nothing else connected to it),
access the internal config of the router and disable the DHCP service.
The primary router will then control all IP addresses for the devices.

[a]Either or both routers may use wifi too
TRICK: use different channels, same WPA phrase, and make both SSIDs similar, but unique (ie: parishA vs parishB)

Now reconnect the routers and verify the laptop can connect to the secondary.router when it is in the same room. Now step across the yard (but still outside) and verify you're still connected.
Walk inside and try to get connected again.

They want wireless in the house. Also since it is a different building , but has the same phone number would it be possible to have two seperate dsl modems?Click to expand...

nope.

To get WiFi within the house you need another device (an Access Point or a router that supports BRIDGE mode)... like this

Code:

dsl.modem==primary.router ---cat5---secondary.router - - - wifi 2 house--Access.Point - - wifi within the building
Use [a] above to segregate the A/P too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-from-building-to-building.167706/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi everyone!

I'm back here after quite some time and need suggestions on a new PC build for a friend.

The main tasks that the system will be used for are:

1. Surfing the internet
2. Working on Microsoft Office / Open Office
3. Watching movies / listening to music

There will be no gaming on the system.

Would be nice if the price could be kept around US$500 including a monitor and other peripherals.

Regards,
Ritwik

A:Advice for building inexpensive home PC

Have you considered the Budget Box in the TechSpot PC Buying Guide? It only runs up to $545. I'd throw the link into the post in case you're lazy like me, but I don't have 5 posts yet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-building-inexpensive-home-pc.166799/
Relevancy 28.81%

Long time no see techspot I have long considered building my own PC or buying a cheap but good pre-built gaming machine I now have a couple of weeks to an inexpensive guidance Need gaming building on computer build my own PC and also the money to do so However I would still like to keep it reasonably cheap around - would be great I have considered THIS one Need guidance on building an inexpensive gaming computer for a while now as it appears to be able to play the latest games and isn t to pricey for me However I believe if bought separately to build I could maybe beat it and slightly cheaper I am not talking a complete gaming machine here I spend most of my gaming time on my PS mainly due to my old PC but it would need to be able to play the latest games to a reasonable standard The pc I linked above can play games such as Far Cry on high settings so similar to that As I said I have some free time over the next three weeks and a bit after that so any guides to learn how to build my own pc from scratch would be welcomed Thank you nbsp

A:Need guidance on building an inexpensive gaming computer

Any help for a guy in need of a good computer? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-guidance-on-building-an-inexpensive-gaming-computer.166922/
Relevancy 29.24%

Ok I'm basically looking for a computer that will run WoW and other mmorpgs. Price is not an object. Right now I'm using a lap top that isn't worth keeping anymore. I can't updated the video card and the ram sticks Keep going bad. I want something i can build that will be fast and stay cool. I have mouse keyboard and monitor already. I need the tower and all the components. I will buy all my stuff online. Oh yeah i don't have an OS either and i'd like to have the whole ms office package so i kinda knew what i'd be spending there.

If you haven't already, check TechSpot's buying guide here: http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-computer.167327/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey Guys,
I've just decided to get involved in PC gaming, and i'm looking for some middle-of-the-road graphics card (or any part) suggestions to direct my search.
I'm not looking for anything fancy, but I want to at least be able to run Half-life 2, Team Fortress 2, and the like.
Thanks!

A:Building a gaming PC from scratch. Any suggestions?

Well, whats your system spec's as of now and a budget you have for upgrading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-pc-from-scratch-any-suggestions.167110/
Relevancy 29.67%

What are you going to use the PC for mostly a new computer! Building for gaming but also would like to run all latest adobe products with no problem How much is your budget around - euro Where are you located a k a Building a new computer! fill out your profile Croatia Are you willing to buy online no Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier Building a new computer! build no Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others no Have you already bought any parts no Do you have an Operating System OS yes Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup I would like to buy all coolers now so i dont have to bother about it later but yes ofcourse if there will be a need for aftermarket colling I will do it Hello everyone This is my first time building my own computer I already have an idea how would my computer look like and i will post prices in my country cuz I wont buy online so here it is Motherboard MB ASRock GX EXTREME AM ATX AMD GX SB HD PS DVI VGA HDMI FW spdif - euro I rly dont know much about Motherboards and I have no idea if this is a good choice i heard this MOBO is very good for x CPUs - maybe you have better sollution for same cheaper price CPU AMD Phenom II X T Socket AM GHz - euro should I save some money on CPU and buy cheaper GPU XFX Radeon HD GB DDR M HDMI DVIx DPx PciEx Exefinity DX HDMI a DP - euro i heard this is one of best graphics for this price is it or mby i should buy a cheaper CPU some quad core or idk and buy better GPU Power Supply Seasonic SS- GB W mm Active PFC - euro i think this should be enough for this CPU right Memory Kingmax RAM GB DDR x GB MHz - euro Hard drive GB SAMSUNG SpinPoint F SATA MB cache RPM - euro or maybe take GB and save euro CD DVD Samsung SH-S L DVD RW serial ATA dual layer lightscribe - euro i guess it should do its job Case have no idea would like to spend around euro on it more or less and I d like a cool looking case with LED light if there is a good and not expensive one out there Cooling no idea what CPU cooler should i take should I buy a case cooler too - euro will be enough for good cooling i guess am I right good temperature and air flow is very important to me and i dont have much experience nor knowlege in that area and thats why i need you to help me choose it anyway i dont want my GPU CPU to damage after several years of use These components are not my final decision they are just here to give a a closer look on what i want and I would like your advice if they are good choice and do i need to change anything with this setup i am slightly over my budget but I dont know where should i save some money do you know Thank you for reading this all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Building a new computer!

I don't know what power supplies are available to you, but you can go a little cheaper on the power supply.
I don't think you would need any additional cooling aside from the stock CPU fan.
If possible, the Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB is a quicker hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer.166672/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey guys first Building StarCraft CA budget (for -- desktop my $600 II) this is going to be my first ever attempt at building a computer so any advice or feedback Building my first desktop (for StarCraft II) -- $600 CA budget is greatly appreciated My budget is CA Ideally I would like to be able to run Starcraft Building my first desktop (for StarCraft II) -- $600 CA budget II along with other multimedia software such as the Adobe Suite with ease I quickly browsed TigerDirect last night and here are the parts Ive chosen I could use some of your help and expertise on whether I should replace anything Ive picked out Here goes CPU Intel Core i - BX I Processor - Dual Core MB L Smart Cache GHz Socket H LGA Retail Motherboard MSI H M-P B Intel H Motherboard - Micro ATX Socket H LGA Intel H Express MHz DDR SATA Gb s -CH Audio Intel HD Graphics Gigabit LAN Graphics E - EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti Video Card - GB GDDR PCI-Express x Mini-HDMI Dual DVI DirectX Dual-Slot SLI Ready Includes Digital Creativity Suite Bundle w Registration Memory PNY MD KD - -X XLR Dual Channel MB PC DDR Memory - MHz - - - Non-ECC Unbuffered x MB Power Supply Thermaltake W RU TR Series Power Supply - Watts ATX Hard Drive Seagate ST AS Barracuda Hard Drive - quot RPM SATA G GB MB Cache OEM Case Thermaltake V Black Edition Mid Tower Case - ATX Micro ATX mm LED Fan x Bays x Bays CD DVD Lite-On IHAS - Internal DVD Writer - DVD R X DVD-R X DVD RW X DVD-RW X DVD R DL X SATA OEM The total comes down to without tax or shipping which I ll end up covering Thank you for your time and support Edit I tried to post links but unfortunately I m unable to with lower than posts nbsp

A:Building my first desktop (for StarCraft II) -- $600 CA budget

Ive made a few changes.. I'll bold and underline them.

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 BX80623I32100 Processor - Dual Core, 3MB L3 Smart Cache, 3.10 GHz, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Retail

Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-M LE CSM REV3 Intel 6 Series Motherboard - Micro ATX, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Intel H61 Express, DDR3 1333MHz, SATA 3.0 Gb/s, 8-Channel Audio, Gigabit LAN

Graphics: E145-0550 ::EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Mini-HDMI, Dual DVI, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, SLI Ready. Includes Digital Creativity Suite Bundle w/Registration

Memory: Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 XMS3 4GB DDR3 RAM - PC10666, 1333MHz, 4096MB

Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-600CX Builder Series CX600 Power Suppy - ATX, 600 Watt, 120mm Ultra-Quiet Fan, Single +12V Rail

Hard Drive: Western Digital WD5000AAKS Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 500GB, 7200rpm, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM

Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case - ATX, Micro ATX, 120mm LED Fan, 4x 5.25 Bays, 5x 3.5 Bays

CD/DVD: Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, SATA (OEM)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-first-desktop-for-starcraft-ii-600-ca-budget.166480/
Relevancy 29.67%

?What are you going to use the PC for? gaming(starwars/diablo3)
?How much is your budget? 700
?Where are you located? (a.k.a. fill out your profile)usa/north carolina
?Are you willing to buy online?Yes
?Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build?nope
?Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?no
?Have you already bought any parts?No
?Do you have an Operating System (OS)? windows vista will upgrade to windows 7( not including in this budget)
?Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup?
no

thanks for anyhelp

A:Building a new computer

Hey, Check out this page on techspot. It's the PC buying guide.
http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page3.html

The Machine titled "Entry-Level Rig" seems to be perfect for what your looking for, aswell as in the right price for your budget of about 700$. You actually have a little room to improve on some pieces, such as your GPU.

But yeah, take a look at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer.166376/