Windows Support Forum

building my first

Q: building my first

Ok guys, I searched but couldn't find an answer to this one. I'm going to finally finish my first home built pc this weekend. I'm salvaging a hard drive out of another pc. Will I have a problem installing brand new windows xp os on a hard drive that had it on it. I was told I needed to purchase the operating system since I change motherboards. Any advice would be great. thanks again in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: building my first

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: building my first

Not totally sure if you are taking the hard drive out of the old system and just putting it in the new and hoping XP on the drive will work in the new system (answer to that is probably not) or if you are planning to reformat the drive and reinstall windows (in this case no problem)

Just remember that legally a copy of XP can only be installed on one system at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first.297181/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have two floor concrete block building with one extra room that has 2 tanks and about 1 meter x 1meter free area. In this area. I want to build 6 meter tower that is going to have 7 APs and might add more. The APs are 6 ubiquiti nanostation and Rocket M2 AP with 120 degree sector antenna(AP directed to different locations). I might also build 12 meter tower from the second floor if more area required for the base of the tower.

What I want videos or pictures for idea for a good tower that easy to climb and change or fix APs.

A:building WiFi tower in roof of 2 floor building

no body has ideas for Wifi tower on a building

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-wifi-tower-in-roof-of-2-floor-building.981326/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am the Pastor of a small church in Texas I recently purchased a laptop to replace my desktop and plan on passing down my desktop to our treasurer I just purchased a D-Link Extreme N Gigabit router and have networked the computers to the DSL We recently purchased an all in one print copy unit that has wireless capabilities that I would also like to incorprate into the network with the DSL and Other Computer We have our main Church building where my office is located however the copier and treasurers office are in our youth building behind the church When I m sitting at my desk I can sometimes get a low signal strength connection with the printer on the printers quot network quot Wirelss Affordable for Network Building Small Building to in the other building With my Laptop I get great signal strength from the quot DSL Network quot just Affordable Building to Building Wirelss for Small Network outside the building The meter is around bars and stays - mbps As soon as I step in the door the signal is lost it s a metal building The copier room is the first room inside the door and the next room is the Treasurers office The room right above both is my Teen Classroom for Wednesday Night bible studies These three rooms are really the only place in the building i m needing to reach signal Currently in both machines I have one Intel A B G card and the other just is labled USB B G Card Would changing these cards to N enable me to pick up the signal inside the building Is there a cheap meathod of bridging from building to building This is all coming out of my pocket mostly for my benifit so I am not sticking the church with the debt Any information you can provide would be much appreciated I have been working with and on computers since age but I have just never had much dealings with networking and I am especially new to Wireless nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I just noticed this recently after I had to reinstall Windows xp home When Page building building and file and.. I start a game everything runs fine until I load a map then the performance slowly gets worse and worse My cpu is dedicating all the cycles to swapping stuff to Page file building and building and.. the page file I suppose I monitored task manager while the game was running in the background and the page file just gets bigger and bigger until the game crashes The game ran quite nicely until I recently when I reinstalled Windows Windows is up to date with SP and everything I took a few screenshots the first one is while the game is still going and I think it just crashed The second being after the game closed and the page file returns to normal You can see the definite decline on the page file history --- PC Specs - Ghz processor mb ram Windows Xp Home gig hard drive mb Nvidia GeForce MX Runs the game fine

A:Page file building and building and..

Welcome to TSF....

It could be the game that is causing this problem, what is th ename of the game?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/page-file-building-and-building-and-263156.html
Relevancy 37.41%

New to forums, great resource, anyway will get to the point. Setting up a wireless networking solution at work to connect two manufacturing facilities (.75km apart at most) together so they can use the same distributed network program (Epicor's Vista if anyone cares). Both sites are a coimbination of wired and wireless, with a a router at each site, and many switches + hubs littered throughout the buildings. My thoughts were two higher end AP's (maybe cisco Aironet) running in bridge mode along with Hyperlink technologies antennas to boost signal (hyperlinktechnologies.com). Any suggestions? Also, can each building still use their own dedicated DSL line to access the internet?

-Mongol311

Relevancy 37.41%

First off I will tell you what my goal is and then what I have tried and any comments or ideas are greatly appreciated At from building building to Networking our church we recently got dsl since I am the tech Networking from building to building guy I got asked to tackle the challenge We are trying to get dsl at our parsonage as well which is aprox yds away This is what I have done From our dsl modem I have hooked up a router for the normal operations in the church Also from this router I have ran cat V to a wireless router next to an exterior wall The wireless N router has a detatchable antenna so I got an ext cable and placed the omni antenna on the ext of the building That antenna didnt seem to have much range so I bought a high gain yagi antenna Now the range is good but the parsonage next door is brick The signal seems to register on the computer but no internet access The internet works fine on the outside I guess brick and wifi dont mix My question is what would you suggest get a second yagi and go into and access point They want wireless in the house Also since it is a different building but has the same phone number would it be possible to have two seperate dsl modems Any help is appreciated Im ok with direct wireless but wireless to wireless and access points I dont have a clue Thanks Shane nbsp

A:Networking from building to building

good work (so far).

recommend you use a LAPTOP to verify the remote connectivity.

First, config the laptop so as to connect to your secondary router (ie: wireless router next to an exterior wall).
To avoid routing complexity; wire your connections like this

Code:
dsl.modem==primary.router(lan)----cat5---(lan)secondary.router)
notice that the secondary.router connects to the primary using a LAN slot, not the typical WAN connection.
This will allow all systems on your lan (regardless of wired/wifi, or which router they connect to) to use the same ip subnet
(ie all devices will have the first three values of the ip address identical; 192.168.1.x)

To do this, connect a system to the secondary.router (and nothing else connected to it),
access the internal config of the router and disable the DHCP service.
The primary router will then control all IP addresses for the devices.

[a]Either or both routers may use wifi too
TRICK: use different channels, same WPA phrase, and make both SSIDs similar, but unique (ie: parishA vs parishB)

Now reconnect the routers and verify the laptop can connect to the secondary.router when it is in the same room. Now step across the yard (but still outside) and verify you're still connected.
Walk inside and try to get connected again.

They want wireless in the house. Also since it is a different building , but has the same phone number would it be possible to have two seperate dsl modems?Click to expand...

nope.

To get WiFi within the house you need another device (an Access Point or a router that supports BRIDGE mode)... like this

Code:

dsl.modem==primary.router ---cat5---secondary.router - - - wifi 2 house--Access.Point - - wifi within the building
Use [a] above to segregate the A/P too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-from-building-to-building.167706/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey, I was saving up some money for a while now, and decided to spend some on a new PC. I built my previous one YEARS ago with my brother, and have never built a PC solely. I do a lot of gaming, web design, and movie editing, so I wanted some help building my machine. I'll accept any and all input and suggestions on what I should improve/change and the overall fluidity of my build.

Video Card- XFX GeForce GTX 275
RAM- 4GB(2 x 2GB) Corsair 240pin DDR2 SDRAM 1066
Case- Antec Nine Hundred
PSU- Antec True-Power 550W
CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 940
MOBO- ASUS M3N-HT

A:Need help building my PC

I also have an email at which can contact me. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-building-my-pc.130094/
Relevancy 30.1%

I m currently in the process of building my first PC from scratch I ve taken apart the computer that I have now and put it back together a few times so I know where everything goes My knowledge about the parts are still a little bit iffy so if you guys can offer me some advice on them that would be super What are you going to use the PC for This PC will be mainly used for gaming as I have a laptop to do all of my Building Rig First school work with How much is your budget I m trying to aim for below if possible but will go - above Where are you located a k a fill out your profile US Are you willing to buy online I was hoping to buy Building First Rig everything online as there are no good computer Building First Rig parts store near where I live Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build Nope Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others Nope Have you already bought any parts Not yet I want to buy it all at once so I can put it together immediately Do you have an Operating System OS My cousin bought a Vista Home Premium -bit OS a while back that he s never used so I m taking it Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup No idea Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-EX -UD P LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard CPU Intel Core i Case Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Optical LG Black X Video EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTS GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x PSU CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply RAM OCZ Platinum GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR HDD Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM X These last two are the ones I m the most confuse over Arctic Silver Thermal Compound I ve taken my computer apart and put it back together but I have never put one together totally from scratch so I don t know if I need this or not COOLER MASTER V RR-UV -XBU -GP mm Rifle CPU Cooler From what I read the stock cooler for the i kind of sucks so I included this Any advice or critics would be really useful Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Building First Rig

The artic silver thermal compound is very very important, it is used to create a thermal bond between your processor and heatsink, and keep your system running at a low temprature. It MUST be applied in all cases.

You will probably get a thermal pad/ paste included with your new processor, its up to you if you want to replace it with a better alternative like artic silver.

Other than that, its a very nice build in my humble opinion

Maybe stretch your budget and invest in a better graphics card?
A gtx 260 216 pipeline, or a gtx 275 will give you a better bang for your buck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-rig.129886/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all Have read many a post on here and see lots of great advice So I am in the process of replacing my antiquated PII PC with a new home built unit Here are my current selections on hardware I would appreciate any advice given Motherboard SOYO SY-KT DRAGON Ultra RAM MB Probably Crucial CPU AMD XP CPU cooler Thermalright SLK w Delta mm fan Case Antec Model B watt or Thermaltake Xaser II A B Plus if I New Building PC am feeling rich HDD MAXTOR Quiet Drive Building New PC GB RPM Model L L -D X CD CDRW DVD PLEXTOR PX-W TA-BPS BLACK x x CD-RW Aopen Internal EIDE X DVD ROM nd drive Video Card LEADTEK GF TI BK M VIVO Considered installing a Creative Labs AUDIGY card on system but read in an Anandtech review that there is a possible problem with the SOYO board Which I really like Thanks in advance for all replies and help Barry aka Norwalker nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

hi there so ive gotten sick of my crappy little can i got now and decided to get a better one now that i have a steady income of cash new a building pc im not looking for something too expensive heres what im thinking of right now Case Cooler Master Gladiator W Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P A-UD Power supply included in the case CPU Intel Core i GHz Socket im thinking of overclocking the cpu with or building a new pc more but then i need a better cpu fan any suggestions are welcome as long as theyr not to expensive Grafic card something in the series currently got a and its not good enough thinking of this one Gigabyte GeForce GTX Ti OC HDMI Dual-DVI GB of theese RAM Corsair XMS DDR PC MHz CL x GB not sure if i missed something but let me know if something wont fit with that and so on my budget for this pc is swedish krona so far im up in also this is a gaming pc nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I am building a computer for the first time and I've run into a problem. Whenever I turn it on, the compaq title screen comes up and in the top left corner it shows 1mb ok, 2mb ok and so on until it gets to 119mb then the compaq title screen goes away and I get a white screen with turquoise, purple and orange blocks going diagonally across the screen. What could this be? I've never seen anything like it. btw, I've got a camaro motherboard with an amd k6-2 500 processor (socket 7), which were both pulled from a compaq presario 7400 series, along with a Creative DVD drive, some floppy drive I found laying around, a 300watt power supply, and a Maxtor 15gb hard drive. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello All,
I am looking to build a new P.C. can you help me with recommending a mother board either for Amd or Intel. I would be greatly appreciated, I like to watch a lot of movies on my PC as well as doing a lot of graphics, such as editing my home movies. I hope that helps with your recommendation
Thank you again.
Jon

A:Building a New PC

Hi andoyan,
do you have a budget in mind? and what level of performance do you require? ..welcome to Techspot BTW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc.130845/
Relevancy 30.1%

ok all i want is a mid to upper level pc w/ good enough stuff to run 3d grafix program and newere games..and i need it to cost around 2000$ does anyone think that they can do that?

A:New To Pc Building!!!!

yes, you can do alot with $2000 when you build yourself.

for starters, do you have any existing components that you can re-use in your new rig?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-pc-building.55293/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello I ll be building a mid-end PC and I would like some opinion on the parts I ve chosen with minimal research This machine will mainly be used for programming using Delphi XE and likely future versions and things such as Building PC mid-end converting video file formats in the background It is intended to last quite a few years without falling obsolete and to be reasonably upgradeable if it comes to that I will be running Win -bit So far what I ve got are these CPU Intel Core i - k GHz MB Gigabyte Building mid-end PC GA-Z A-D H-B RAM Corsair XMS x GB DDR lt - do I need Gb or is enough HD WD Caviar Black TB RPM Mb cache Gb s lt - is Gb s actually better than GPU EVGA GeForce GT Fermi Gb PSU Rosewill Stallion Series W ATX V lt - good enough or do I need to cough up more for a Corsair unit Case Antec Illusion Black Steel ATX I already have the monitor keyboard mouse CD-rom and OS Cost is around after shipping which I find satisfactory enough Any input is welcome Even though I feel the parts are fitting for the job and think they re compatible I m far from secure enough in my -very limited- hardware knowledge to just order all this without running it by you guys first Thanks in advance Scud nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Hey In months i will be quot trying quot to make my st pc with these components I am buying them from Ebuyer and using some other components eg power supply harddrive and disk New Building PC. Help Any Plz drives from my older pc which is about a year old Intel Pentium GHz Prescott Skt FSB MB Cache--- Ebuyer mb DDR PC MHz Extra Value Ram --- Ebuyer S- BSS Blue Body All Silver Front Atx Case With No PSU--- Abit AI -GURU SKT PE FSB Dual DDR SATA Raid Firewire Sound--- Some mm Internal Case Fans In Black--- O S Windows xp pro corporate not quite sure what to use yet I am using another ram which is same speed and a quot XFX Geforce GT MB quot from my old pc and the other things i said above Are there any tips you might be able to give me on making it and if i should require anything else or get rid of something i have put in wrong I have added the quckfind codes for the website so you can find them easier www ebuyer co uk I will be using it for gaming alot so i need it Building New PC. Any Help Plz cool and fast nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I am considering on building a new PC, i have all the parts chosen but i wanted to see if they are going to be ok, or if anything would be better if they would be changed, if you see what i mean.

This is the Setup i was considering :
Case - Casecom 5288 Black Mid Tower
Power Supply - Corsair 500w CX Extreme
Motherboard - Asus M4N68T-M LE V2
CPU - AMD Athlon II x4 640
RAM - Corsair 4GB (2x2Gb) 1333Mhz
Hard Drive - Western Digital 500Gb Caviar Blue
Disk Drive - LiteOn IHAS122 22x
Graphics Card - Sapphire HD 6670 512MB

Do you think i would need any changes to this? to make it Better/Cheaper.
Thanks!

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi i am new to this forum and I had a question about the PC i am attempting to build by buying parts off newegg I am purchasing NZXT GUARDIAN OR Orange help i (im my PC) next need building SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Watts PS ATX V Power Supply - Retail RAIDMAX Hybrid RX- SS ATX V W Power Supply - Retail LG X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black IDE Model GSA-H LK BK - OEM EDIMAX EN- TX- Mbps PCI Gigabit Fast Ethernet Adapter - Retail Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX D K G - Retail ABIT AB Pro LGA Intel P Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Intel Core Duo E Allendale GHz LGA Processor Model BX i need help (im building my next PC) E - Retail ZALMAN CNPS LED mm Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS MB GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Video Card - Retail My main concern was if the power supply I am purchasing seperately would fit into the NZXT Guardian Case I do not know if there was a way to tell if it could or not I need help with this so I can build my computer but if you guys catch anything else that might not be compatible with this setup please tell nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Hiya im making a new pc, and would like ask if these would all go together, without any compatibility problems, and the items are as shown below:

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=603796
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=607563
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=607072
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605758
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=606478
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605806
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=606340
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605704
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=606686

Thanks for your help:wave:

A:Building a new Pc

Looks Great

That setup looks really balanced and will give you great performance. Although I dont think the p975 chipset supports SLI. If in the future you want to nab another GTS for SLI you will have to replace your mobo. If this is a concideration, grab a board with a 650i or 680i nfore chipset.

Otherwise you are good to go with a really nice setup.

Also, again, if your not worried about SLI this board is worth a look also as it has intel's newest chipset and looks like an awesome board.

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=607697

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc.80837/
Relevancy 30.1%

I m supposed to generate an automated call from a computer to a hard wire phone as a part of my internship. but i have no clue as to how to do that. the requirement is to query a database first and see if any customer needs to be called, if yes then a call is to be genrated to the customer and the details of his profile in the database are to be read out to him. can someone help me on generating a call from the computer to the customers? (my boss is not willing to help me at all )

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello Ladies PC a Building and Building a PC Gentlemen Firstly i hope this is in the correct place if not please move the thread Thanks So the time has come where Ive had my laptop years and it can no longer game on it well it can but its not great low settings on everything So i want to build myself a gaming PC i was going to buy an Alienware one but there is no fun in that I m fairly new to PCs but i have done some homework so I m not too off the bat Anyhow i need your guys advice and discussion on what i need in this day and age to build a decent gaming PC I will not spend a penny more than MAX However i do want a PC that will last a few years and is kind of future proof Anyone with a decent system or crazy ideas is all welcome If you do recommend a product please link it That will be a great help On a last note with all our great brains together and help i will make a donation to the forum to help keep great sites like this alive So without me badgering on let the debate begin nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello forum, thanks for reading. I am about to build my first pc. Im trying to get some computer certs
and jump into the IT field so i figure experience is best teacher right? I am pretty sure the processor
i want is Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E. i think ill wait for the chips after ivy, to get something
newer. Basically id like advice on what components to use with this processor. I was thinkin of the
ASUS RIVE for mobo, not sure though and pretty new to all this. I will build it a piece at a time over
the next few months so money is no issue really. For a top notch awesome rig for gaming and media
mainly, what would you guys recommend as far as mobo/ram/graphics and video....any input is VERY
appreciated. thanks forum.

A:Building my first pc

I would just like to say that going one piece at a time is a very bad idea. Anyone who has built multiple PC's would say the same. If one part is bad, you may not know until it is too late to return it and you could be out a couple hundred dollars, or euros, or pounds... but that aside, you will want to have everything at once because you will need to be able to test all the parts at one time, as long as you buy the CPU, RAM, motherboard, and power supply together (and possibly a video card), you will be able to test those important parts. It is things like the case and other peripherals such as hard drives and optical drives that could be bough separately as long as you can test them or they have a good warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first-pc.1060036/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have an old P4 1.8GHz processor. I am planning to build a system using this processor and give it to my nephew. I am a bit tight in funds so anyone could give me a setup that I can build with $220 cash at hand. Maybe a onboard video will do. He loves to play PC games like red alert, warcraft, online games as MU, RAN Online, etc.

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-in-building-a-pc.565988/
Relevancy 30.1%

So I recently decided I need a desktop computer, and not an expensive one. I was just wondering if anyone knew a place that I could build my own PC? I feel I could build computers better than the ones they sell at bestbuy, but Id rather pay someone to do it for me hehe. So thats basically it, Does anyone know a place I can build my own computer and for cheap? All these overpriced nametags are useless.

Thanks

A:Building a PC

Give us:

1. Your budget
2. What needs to be included (monitor, OS, keyboard/mouse etc)
3. What you'll mainly be using the system for

And we can suggest the parts for you to buy, and you can put it all together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.60303/
Relevancy 30.1%

Its been awhile since I last Building new need help PC built a pc The last time i built a pc the Radeon pro was the best Building new PC need help you could get in graphics tech so I need some serious help with all this new technology My budget is around dollars but im going to need pretty much every thing moniter key board etc I want to be able to play some games doesnt have to be ultra high settings I mainly play Nascar racing Just playable Ordering the parts from new egg is probably going to be the cheapst bet unless you know of some where else The only real part I have look into is processors I was thinking that the Intel Core Duo Processor E would be the best choice for what I need Heres what i have come up with COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UW Black Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Q Pro Turbo LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard SAPPHIRE - GL Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card Rosewill RP - W ATX V v Power Supply Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Western Digital Caviar RE WD ABYS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive Acer X Wbd Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m LG Black X CAV DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X CAV DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA X DVD R DVD Burner OS Windows xp It comes out to any suggestions or changes you would make nbsp

A:Building new PC need help

i would definitely not use a rosewill PSU,ripple is terrible with them. antec, OCZ, corsair, are better options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-pc-need-help.125984/
Relevancy 30.1%

First off, i have to sell my current PC... I have
Celeron D 2.93Ghz
768mb RAM
80GB Hard Drive 7200Rpm
CD+RW CD DVD drive
DVD+RW CD DVD drive (2 seperate drives i added DVD+RW drive)
Overclocked PCI 5500FX video card
Dial Up PCI modem

How much do you think i could get for the assembled PC above?

Then I have 300-500 dollars on top of that to spend on my new PC. I wont assemble it until Xmas, so i can get a DX-10 card. This will be a gaming PC, so i can play games with a good FPS with good quality, if thats enough money to build a good PC. I need everything new, (Unless you guys suggest i jerk that 512mb of RAM . )
EDIT: I am keeping my DVDRW Drive, it is perfect for my new PC, has all the features of a new one, except lightscribe.
So Newegg links for all suggested parts .

A:Considering Building A New PC....

Ok Save your RAM, and get this:

Asus K8V mobo ($53.99)
Antec Black computer case w/400w PSU
nVidia GeForce 7900gs pci-e graphics card.
Creative sb live 24 bit internal PCI card.
Save your current HDD, and your other drives
Get a new, 200GB HDD
Intel p4 2.8 GHz socket 754

all for around $800, minus your old computer and budget. It's a nice gamer. All part should work. I will provide links later.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-building-a-new-pc.56951/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi its been a while since I've upgraded my PC and I'm thinking about buying:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 (1.86Ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache
Mother Board: ABIT IL9 Pro i945P Socket 775 onboard 8 channel Audio ATX
RAM: Kingston 2GB KIT (2X1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 CL5 Non Ecc 1.8V
Graphics Card: Sapphire X1950Pro 256MB GDDR3 DVI TVO HDCP PCI-E

I can put them together, but how can I tell if they will be compatable?

Any help would be great

Thanks.

A:Help building new PC

The only question would be the ram and if you go to www.kingston.com, see if the ram is compatible as the rest is fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-building-new-pc.579378/
Relevancy 30.1%

About how much would it cost to build a good and fast computer? And as long as you get parts that are compatible, is it hard to build a computer?

build a sweet system for around $1000, give or take depending how sweet you wanted it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-pc.324779/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm thinking about building a new PC.

Here are the parts I'm looking at:

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=59095&promoid=1244

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=57964

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42745&promoid=1244

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=63468

Would these all be compatible?

Thanks!

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I m about to try to build my first PC I ll be using it for browsing the web watching vids My PC First Building doing work and some video editing I will not be gaming at all so this isn t a concern I would like to have dual monitors with the option of hooking up HDMI to my big plasma when i want to watch blu ray and would also like to have gigs of memory Hard drive listed right now is GB but i could go much smaller whatever is good My budget is ish but spending less would be great Plan on buying from Newegg and already have monitors keyboard mouse and OS plan on upgrading to bit Win when it comes out as well Since this is my first time ALL advice would be appreciated Thanks ITEMS GIGABYTE GA-EG M-UD H LGA Intel G HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor Model BX Q - Retail http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C - Retail http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E x Western Building My First PC Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E HEC K BBX Black mm SECC Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case W Power Supply - Retail http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E -------------------- Total plan on using external dvd cd drive at first then getting a blu ray drive later on nbsp

A:Building My First PC

Is there a reason why you're not considering the ATX spec in the P45 chipset?
Many, many people are very happy with this board; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128359

You would also have to change the case. ATX is nice, you can plug more s*** into it. (should the inspiration strike).

Granted, with your choice you don't have the expense of a separate video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-first-pc.127713/
Relevancy 30.1%

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any good books on building your first PC. I want something which has up to date information on things like connectors and slot types too, as most of the books i've come across are about 5 years old.

Thanks.

A:PC building

I'm sure there's a recent book or two out there on it, but Google has a lot of free information too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-building.1002951/
Relevancy 30.1%

Case: Antec 300 Midtower ( What do you reckon).
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k ( OC to 4.5Ghz); Corsair A50 High Performance CPU Cooler
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 2133 F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL
Graphic Card: Gigabyte gtx 560ti 1gb
Power Supply: COOLER MASTER GX 80+ BRONZE 750w- Power Supply ( IS THIS ENOUGH)
MotherBoard: GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3
Internal Hard drive: TB
CD/DVD ROM.

A:Building a new PC.

Looks good, the only thing I would consider as a price against performance thing would be the Asus Rev 3 sandy bridge mobos like thier P8H67 M LE. As well as being a personal preference it would save you like ?60 if you bought from Dabs or Scan

OOps, no flag but your time zone says your in USA, so I guess Newegg would be your equivilant, and obviously you would save dollars not ?'s.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223649-building-new-pc.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi i am trying to build a cpu however i am contemplating if i should be going for amd or intel.
I am not a gamer thus the cpu is more of multitasking.
Win 7 will be the OS.
I am comparing the below specs hope all of you can provide me with some help

1)
AMD Phenom II X4 925 black edition processor
Asus engt430 2gb ddr3 hdmi
Kingston pc3-1333 (2gb x 2)
harddisk 500gb
casing - cooler master elite 335 / 310
psu - cooler master extreme 460w

2)
asus m4a785td-v evo
amd phenom II X4 955 black edition
harddisk 500gb
pov geforxe st240 1gb ddr3
Kingston pc3-1333 (2gb x 2)

3)
intel core i5-650 processor lga 1156
asus P7H55M
Kingston pc3-1333 4gb since they have only 1 slot
harddisk 500gb

Relevancy 30.1%

I am putting PC together and would like some input. The items I am thinking about are below. Can someone let me know if this is good or not. The total cost is $605.00. I am very open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you.

Motherboard
ASUS "A7V880" VIA KT880 Chipset Motherboard

Processor
AMD Athlon XP 2700+, 333MHz FSB, 256K Cache

Memory
Apacer 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700

Video Card
Chaintech XGI VOLARI V3 Video Card, 128MB DDR, TV-Out+DVI, 8X AGP Model "SLV3-128"

Hard Drive
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model 6E040L0

CD/DVD Burners
BenQ 16x DVD-/+RW Drive with Software, 2.4X Dual Layer Black Model DW1620
Samsung Black 52X32X52X16 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, Model TS-H492A/WBGH

Case
A-Top XBlade Black/Silver Ultimate Gaming Machine With 450W PSU & Side window, Model
"AT859A-BK

Relevancy 30.1%

Hey Guys..

Seen this place abuzz with lots of activity.. thought i'd say hi
Been hectic searching this forum as i been entrusted with a job to suggest a PC with certain requirements.
Banking on lil support from here.

Requirements:

Basically person wants to build a CPU to play games like Assassins Creed 2 and the works.
Will put in the gpu and stuff later on, rite now only looking at procuring the basic:
1) Proccy
2) RAM
3) Motherboard

On professional front he is hoping the above rig wd be able to run programs like IBM RAD and other such softwares.
Looking for Intel Based Machine.

Do suggest me few configurations.
TIA

A:Need help in building a PC

What's the budget for the system?

There are quite a few buyer guides on TechSpot and a lot of other sites already.

http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/
http://techreport.com/articles.x/19159
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/How-To,4/Build-Your-Own,16/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-in-building-a-pc.149767/
Relevancy 30.1%

Tried building my own PC, much more of an experienced software guy than hardware, and as I expected, I screwed it up.

I'm trying to run:
Intel D875PBZ Motherboard
Intel 3.2 GHz Pentium IV
2xKingston 512mb PC3200 DDR
GeForce 5200 128MB

I've also scavenged two hard drives from my old computer, but I have no idea what they are.

Here's my problem: I get 3 long beeps at startup but nothing on the monitor, it reads from the hard drive for a bit, then nothing until I turn it off. I've tried reseating the RAM as I read that's what the beep code could mean. Any suggestions on what to do next?

A:Need Help with Building PC

try one ram stick at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-building-pc.294579/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi This Is My Helpline Please Rate If This Was Helpful So I Know How Much I Need To Improve On Carrying On This Is A Little Helpline That I'm Going To Provide Everybody Is Welcome To Join And Should Be-Able To Get A Reply In - Hrs if You Know The Answer Please Need Help Welcome) Come (All Pc A If You Building Here Reply I Promise To Cover All I Can Please Follow These Rules Though If You Want To Be Included Rules- Includes The Pc Help Forum Rules Too Rule No - No Spam Messages Spamming To Get Noticed If Caught Spamming The Messages Will Be Removed And Not AnsweredRule No - No Foul If You Need Help Building A Pc Come Here (All Welcome) Language And Foul Language Will Be Reported AmeaditlyRule No - No Off Topic Messages I Will Delete Them But Not Report Them Unless Approved Of By Me Jerry CactusRule No - Respect Everyone And Their Builds Since Everyone Is DifferentRule No - Respect The Rules And Enjoy Thanks For Reading And Ill Be Happy If There's Any Reply's That I Can Reply To

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/128621-if-you-need-help-building-pc-come-here-all-welcome.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys
I am completely new to the building pc stuff.well i am going to build a pc but i have no clue which motherboard or which processor or which graphic card or PSU or ram to choose.There are tons of motherboards out there and i have no clue which one to choose and by the way the total amount of the pc must be 700 $ or below. I Have a dvd rom drive,Speakers,keyboard,mouse,LCD monitor. i just need a cpu.
SO please help
Thankyou

A:Help building a PC

Assuming that you did not include what you already have in your $700 USD (right?) budget...

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
EVGA 01G-P3-1371-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition Heka 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor HDZ720WFK3DGI - OEM
About $600. That leaves $100 for hdd's/os if you need one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-building-a-pc.151782/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everone I am currently selecting different hardware devices for a new PC I plan to build This is the first PC that I am building so I don t know if there is any possible problems with the current setup so decided to post it here to see what building PC help others think I plan on using alot of d graphics PC building help with the PC so I want it somewhat quot high end quot Here is the current list ASUS P K DELUXE WIFI-AP LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Thermaltake TR W RUC ATX W Power Supply V CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory EVGA -P -N -AX GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x SLI Supported Video Card I currently have Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz x MB L Cache LGA Processor And a case That I know of the above should work just fine But as this being my first PC I don t want to make any mistakes Is there anything bad about the current configuation Are all of these devices compatable Are there anything I should watch out for I do not plan on supporting Vista yet until theirnext service pack or even SP Thanks nbsp

A:PC building help

Just in case anyone is curious, I decided to go for it, and get them off of newegg,

If there are any problems with them, I can always ship them back. I just hopw there is no problems

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-building-help.621117/
Relevancy 30.1%

My last PC blew up and is getting replaced here is what i have sofar Full PC Can you kind people please help me i just need to know if theres ways i can save money or if i am missing something something has bad reviews or wont work with eachother the memory isnt on Pc Building Help please the mo bo s compatabil list maybe the power supply is overkill on the wattage I will be using the PC for Gaming CS S Bioshock and hopefully next gens games when they arrive Burning DVD s photoshop and eventually getting two quot monitors at the x ish resolution and running Building Pc Help please bit vista when it doesnt suck Intel Core Quad Q GHz LGA quad core Gigabyte GA-P -DS R Building Pc Help please P Motherboard CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC - - - With EPP Technology x gb total Seagate NCQ GB SATA rpm Barracuda Gb s XFX nVidia GeForce GTS XXX Edition MB -Bit Black Gigabyte D Aurora S Thermaltake Toughpower With Cable Management W ATX V amp EPS V Black w PFC silent cm Fan LITE-ON x DUAL DVDRW X D-LAYER w LIGHTSCRIBE BEIGE w BLACK amp SIVER BEZEL FACE LID Microsoft Windows XP Professional Links are in Order of the parts listed above Cpu then Motherboard ram etc etc http www extremepc co nz product amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz Building Pc Help please product amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz product info php products id amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz product info php products id amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz product info php products id amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz product info php products id amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www elive co nz view product php product p http www elive co nz view product php product P amp search lightscribe amp search category Prices are in New Zealand dollars i know US prices are WAY cheaper nbsp

A:Building Pc Help please

KK, my thoughts.
You did a good job, just a few things I would like to say. Yes, the PSU is perfect for your build (almost same as my set up actually). The meory is CORSAIR and I will personally gaurantee it working (i have never known RAM by them not work). If possible get the BFG Tech 8800 GTS OC2 as the XFX has no overclock on the shader but that card is fine if you can't find the BFG one. (The BFG card also has life time warranty and I think it is slightly cheaper).

I am running Vista and it doesn;t suck now!!

I also play Bioshock maxed out on my computer (almost identical to yours) and it plays at an average of about 50-70 FPS (nice )

I would also get the Asus P5N32 Motherboard as it is very good for overclocking and will be good for SLI (the P35 chipset is ATI crossfire only)

I am not sure about how the 8800 GTS will ahndle such high resolutions when gaming with 2 monitors but... it shouldn;t be too shabby .

good look with the build, any problems I would be happy to help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-pc-help-please.623623/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey I m new here hopefully you guys can help I really need a new computer and I m having some serious troubles My current computer works but it doesn t Half of my apps don t work and the hardware is ancient Here are the specs PC Building a IBM P ghz MB RAM MB Radeon Windows Building a PC XP Pro Well that s off the top of my head Anyways As I said half of the programs don t work such as Windows Movie Maker Windows Media Player Sound Recorder Paint and many more I have small hard drives My C drive is GB and has a sliver of space left The D drive is a GB drive and it really only holds my music pictures video and anything I download My computer crashes every once in a while no warning just randomly I have no idea where it came from or anything about it It was a replacement my uncle had given me as he fixed my old PC Which I never got back But in the end I need a new computer A S A P I am looking for a computer that can handle games such as Battefield and Counter-Strike Source I use MSN and browse the internet too There seems to always be something else I want to try too so I can t tell you exactly what I will be using my computer for Now what type of PC how will I be getting it and money I am looking for something around these specs -PC- P ghz GB DDR RAM - Video Card XP - I m not sure if I want Vista do I -Building and receiving- I would actually like to build the PC by myself or buy parts separately and get a friend to build it for me if I can not do it My mom is a general manager for a chain restaurant and does quite a lot of office work Her server computers and whatnot run into problems they have an IT guy that would be glad to build me a PC if I gave him the parts I am happy to buy parts from anywhere www tigerdirect ca has some great stuff And local tech stores are good too -Money- I am just a young geek no money or a job My mother said she will get me a new computer along with the basement being redone She knows almost nothing about computers and she is not planning to pay five thousand dollars on a pc for me I m looking for quot Cheap Amazingness quot I know it s not a word And I know It s probably not possible but that s why you re here right Okay now If I am getting myself in WAY to deep and I should just be buying a built ready to go computer from the store What should I be getting Thanks Austin nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

hi all-

i'm going to be building a new Pc and wanted to know if this looked good. i will be using it for web surfing, office stuff, photo editing etc.

AMD Sempron 2.0 GHZ 1600 MHZ bus
AMD socket 754 motherboard
1GB crucial memory PC3200 DDR 400
17Inch LCD
Windows XP Home
100GB HD
DVD/CD-RW drive
Nvidia Graphics
standard keyboard and mouse
basic speakers

tell me what u think!

A:Building a New PC

I think it would be better to get a Socket 939 motherboard and maybe an Athlon instead of a Sempron. Its not much more expensive if not the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc.49231/
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok Here is the hardware I'm Using
case - thermaltake armor VA8000b Series
HDD - Raptor 150Gb (not X)
Lite-On DVD burner (20x)
intel quad-core
XFX 8500GT
Toughpower 650W
1 Gb G. Skill DDR2 (PC6400)

I think that Is about It, the problem is that I put everything toghether( the Care firewire was A B****) anyway I cant get any video(this mobo doesn't have onboard vid) I'm using a Samsung Syncmaster 931bf, I used the VGA for both the card and the monitor but I don't any video at all, Please Help me If you Have anything that could help me post here or send me an e-mail ([email protected])

Relevancy 30.1%

hey guys im building a pc and i want u to tell me what u think, give me advice on what i should add or change http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811156041
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131542
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814102698
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817148008
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819116198
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820141224
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827101131
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835186111
ok thats all im ordering so far...tell me if its a good gaming pc for the price.
o and should i get the radeon x1800xt or a geforce 7800gt

right now im running a p4 2.4ghz, 1gb ddr ram 333mhz(pc2700), and a 256mb grforce 6600 oc'd at 555/370

A:building a pc for $860

I would get a better power supply brand. Here are some better options in the same price range.
FSP400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104953
XCLIO480
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817189004
ENERMAX420
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103459
ANTEC430
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928

Personally, if I was building an intel based system, I'd go for a dual core system, it costs very little more money.
Newegg has a combo deal on a Abit AW8 and a intel pent D 930
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127213
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116238

x1800xt vs 7800gt, depends on your preference.

Best wishes.
vnf4ultra

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc-for-860.49087/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I'm trying to build a pc on my own and i was wondering if anybody know where i can find reasonable prices for all the pc parts. Also, what brand names are good for Video Card, Mother board, Hard Drive, Sound Card, DVD/CD Burner, Monitor, Processor?

Thanks

Relevancy 30.1%

I am looking at puttting together my first pc from scratch. I like to do a lil gaming (mostly DF Black Hawk Down online), internet, mp3 music, and programs like Paint Shop Pro 8.

#1 I am looking at this mobo on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44943&item=6724555545
Opinions?

#2 Any suggestions as towards video cards, sound cards, ect. any opinions would be nice. I do have a GeForce FX 5200 128MB PCI card in this pc and am considering just using it in the new pc.

#3 Any tips or tricks anyone would care to share would be nice.

Thanks and hopefully my first venture into this will be sucessfull.

A:Building my first PC

Opinions?Click to expand...

Don't buy this board.
Here's a few reasons why.
The chipset they use on this board is 3rd on a list of 3 chipset makers.
The first being Nvidia then VIA then SiS, others may say VIA is first but that
doesn't matter because SiS will always be 3rd.

Hers a review of the board (not very flattering).
Motherboard Review

If your looking for a budget board ASROCK is a good maker of budget boards.
They are somehow linked to ASUS boards.
Here's a good price on one from newegg.com
The board is $5 more but shipping is $10 less.
ASROCK board

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first-pc.299749/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am upgrading my system next month on a budget of around £500. New mainboard, cpu+cooler and DDR3 memory. My main choices so far are the Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58(£168), Intel Core i7 930 2.80Ghz Bloomfield(£216) and Corsairs 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit(£130.00). However if anyone out there could give me any better ideas on other/better components for around the same price i would love to here your input?

A:Building my new rig

All your choices seem top notch. What GPU are you planning on using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-new-rig.147837/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I ve decided to build a gaming PC This is my first time so I was hoping to get some advice on wich parts i should buy I ve already made a list of parts Chasis Thermaltake VM W Z Armor A Gaming Mid-Tower Case CPU Intel Core i - CPU Cooler Ultra U - X-Wind mm CPU Cooler RAM Corsair CMP GX M A C Dominator Dual Channel MB Mhz Videocard GeForce GTX Ti Motherboard Gigabyte Z A-D H-B Intel Z Motherboard Power Supply OCZ OCZ SXS StealthXStream W Power Supply Hard drive Seagate ST AS Barracuda Hard Drive DVDburner Sony Optiarc AD- S- B x DVDRW Drive UBS Cardreader Ultra MD quot Port USB and Card Reader PC a Building Total cost around Am I Building a PC missing some parts Is this a good choice for a gamer with a budget of wich parts should i trade in for more expensive one s Do I really need a ram cooler or a sound card I am also worried about the size of my CPU cooler will it get in the way of my ram nbsp

maybe use an arctic freezer 13 or an arctic freezer 7 pro rev.2
you dont need a sound card or
ram cooler since your not overclocking, else the i7 2600k is the better option, but still no ram cooler is required

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-pc.1001752/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi guys

im guilding a new pc with

windows 7 ultimate

intel i7 975 extreme edition
Integrated memory controller enables three channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. This memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P Motherboard
supports Intel® Core? i7 Socket 1366

6GB (3 x 2GB) DIMM Kit / DDR3 / 2000MHz / Low Latency / Patriot Extreme Performance Viper Series / PV236G2000LLKB
XMP Ready for Core i7 Processors
Tested and compatible with Intel® X58 Express Chipsets

1. the patriot ep memory is compatible with my mobo and processor but the processor says it takes 1066 memory

2. i want dual sli video cards
which one do you guys think is better

EVGA GeForce GTX 295 1792MB PCI-Express CO-OP Edition Video Card

BFG GTX 285 2GB OC PCI-Express Video Card

A:Building new PC need help

That's probably a typo; it should be 1600MHz, not 1066MHz. And I would recommend getting the i7 920; the 975 is a waste of cash and is not dramatically faster than the 920 for the far higher price it commands.

You can also do with the cheaper GA-EX58-UD3R instead of the EX58-UD4P IMO.

In addition, I do not think you really need 2000MHz memory; a 1600MHz triple-channel kit would be fine IMO.

Do not bother with using either of those cards (especially two GTX 285s in SLI) unless you have a display capable of 2560x1600, since that's where the full potential of these cards would be realized. I would recommend an HD 5850 for anything upto 1920x1200.

BTW, what PSU will all of this run on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-pc-need-help.136799/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I am looking to build a new PC soon I usually buy a pre-built system every other year not New PC Building a name brand Dell etc but from a local company called ACS http www askacs com This PC will be used for work word processing spreadsheets VPN connection to work PC amp network and for play internet gaming I also do some limited photo editing I am also thinking of maybe using it as a video entertainment system in the future watching TV DVD s I already have Building New PC a monitor keyboard mouse speakers and do not need to upgrade those But I am looking to buy the rest everything from the tower in as I will pass my old machine off to my son to upgrade the system he uses What I am thinking I need want Case - Full size tower prefer black color no mods windows or neon Power Supply - Large enough support as needed W CPU - Want pretty much best available as it will need to keep me on pace for two years Core Duo Motherboard - As needed for CPU and accessories Memory - I have GB in old PC probably want at least GB in the new Hard drive - Large enough for photo s video s games etc GB Video Card -Have an NVIDIA GeForce FX now looking to upgrade to possibly include video in out TV Tuner - Unless video card handles that Sound Card - Have SoundBlaster speaker subwoofer set Looking for card that will play good sound for games videos Besides the above I will want a DVD player burner maybe two a multi-media reader for various memory cards any necessary cables and cards that I might be missing I was also thinking of a Blue Tooth device so I don t need to plug in my phone I have attached ACS s latest price list First I am wondering what you think of their prices and second if I can build a good PC for around - that will meet my needs and desires for the next two years I have built PC s before but that was when someone else had bought all the pieces I am not good at buying the parts themselves Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I am working on a pcchips mainboard m571 with a AMD k2-500 cpu...
no signal is going to my monitor...
Changed ram, checked jumpers and changed Cpu from k2-400..
tried a couple of old harddrives...
this Mainboard is new with built-in video...
still no display at all....
any answers here?

technical questions..
1. Does a harddrive have to be installed to boot to bios menu?
how important are all the tower wires to front leds etc..
I got the power led working but not sure all are wires are properly installed. the wires dont correspond with my manuel of M571 and the led in front reads "31"... but it does power up and harddrives seems to read, fans work etc..
thanks in advance

Billy

A:PC building

Is your CPU fan running? You might want to try reseating it.
No you don't need a hard drive installed, You should see a check of the graphics card memory, (virtual?), then a ram check, then it should search for drives.
As for the LED leads I don't think the bios cares if the signal is recieved, it just send it.

I found this;
http://m571.com/m571/

Maybe you should check the manual listed for wiring and troubleshooting.

I'll check back later.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-building.115011/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm wanting to build a cheap gaming PC, unfortunately I can only spend around $500-600, I might use a CD-ROM from an old computer, and I have a mouse and keyboard I can use - I do have a spare monitor but I'll probably replace it with a different monitor later on.

And yeah, I do have an OS which I could use on it but it's Windows XP Home Edition.

What do you recommend?

I would go with an AMD build based on the Dragon Platform. But, you can also build a decent Core i5 PC around the same price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.138578/
Relevancy 30.1%

heres what im ordering.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/202319 PSU

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143854 Case -Antec 300

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173804 HD -Samsung 1TB

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176026 Optical drive LiteOn DVD-RW

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/258684 Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H67

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/252537 CPU i5 2300

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/247673 RAM 4GB Corsair

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GX-259-SP GPU

Can anyone recommend cheaper parts that are equal or better for less money as its costing quite alot ?

Relevancy 30.1%

I read the Building PC! a sticky above but I still would like some help I just got enough money to get my own PC at first I was thinking of just buying an already built computer but after couple hours of thinking I decided I would build my own Building a PC! and a problem with that is I don t know much about the Building a PC! CPU s inside But I had a stroke of luck one of my friends friend owns a PC shop and I Building a PC! asked him about some info on building PC s He said he can get the parts straight from the manufacturer and assemble it for me for quite cheap I gladly agreed and went online to search for parts after seeing the price ranges for each anything there was a large gap and I wasn t really sure of what I was buying I asked one of my friends and he showed me a couple of stuff but he only said it is a suggestion and he basically linked me all the stuff he has but I want something brand new If you guys could help that would be great Ill give a basic outline Around k and would last me quite awhile and easily upgrade-able PC all the way nVidia graphics card preferably but not a must Water Cooling the fan I have is the loudest thing in my room New Monitor This is just my basic outline because again I am not very intelligent with computers and stuff Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

k, i'm gonna build (with the help of some m8s) a new pc. but a few things i'd like to clear up:
1. Is DDR twice as fast as PC133?
2. What is RAID (i'm gonna get a Gigabyte 7DXR (hopefully) and it says I/O 2x UDMA ATA100 IDE RAID connectors for RAID 0 and RAID 1. 2x UDMA ATA66/100 bus master IDE ports on board. what does this mean?)
3. Does the 1.2Ghz AMD Athlon out clock the 1.4Ghz Pentium IV?
4. Where can i get a 15k rpm hard drive, and about how much will one cost?
ne help is much appreciated,
thanx!

Relevancy 30.1%

I play Counter-Strike: Source.
Alright, it's finally been confirmed that I can get a new computer. This is what I have so far:
Case:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard:
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Video Card:
BFG Tech BFGR88320GTSOCE GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz

Memory:
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2

Hard Drive: 2x
Western Digital Raptor WD360ADFD 36GB 10,000 RPM 16MB
I have a Sound Card, Headphones, Mousepad, Mouse, Monitor. Anything I am missing? Anything you think needs to be upgraded? And I'm pretty sure I can just install my current CD/DVD drives into the new pc.

I know a need a power supply.

I have never built a computer before, take that in mind in terms of supplies. Cords / Wires?

Total: $1,256.92

A:Building new PC - Help me out please! :)

rfzbaker said:

I play Counter-Strike: Source.
Alright, it's finally been confirmed that I can get a new computer. This is what I have so far:
Case:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard:
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Video Card:
BFG Tech BFGR88320GTSOCE GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz

Memory:
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2

Hard Drive: 2x
Western Digital Raptor WD360ADFD 36GB 10,000 RPM 16MB
I have a Sound Card, Headphones, Mousepad, Mouse, Monitor. Anything I am missing? Anything you think needs to be upgraded? And I'm pretty sure I can just install my current CD/DVD drives into the new pc.

I know a need a power supply.

I have never built a computer before, take that in mind in terms of supplies. Cords / Wires?

Total: $1,256.92Click to expand...

Hi rfzbaker
Get the best PSU you can afford.read your asus Mobo book a few times before you start.
and follow it word for word and double check everything you do .
And when you finaly switch on and hear the beep (dont forget to buy a little speaker to fit to the mobo,I dont think asus builds them in.)and the asus logo comes up on your monitor You will wonder why you have not built one before.
Good luck with your new PC
Rex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-pc-help-me-out-please.607479/
Relevancy 30.1%

I bought a Soyo moBO. It's intel socket 478 pentium based ATi rc350 Micro Atx MOBO. It doesnt support DDR and i was wondering what would be the best p4 processor for this MOBO and what kinda of power supply should i get for this mobo.

Thankx

Processors Supported Intel Celeron up to 2.80GHz
Intel Pentium 4 up to 3.40GHz

Cut and paste from spec sheet.

Depending on how many drives, etc. you are going to attach, you'd base the power supply requirements from that. I wouldn't get anything less than 350 myself, and probably more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-pc.305462/
Relevancy 30.1%

im not shure that im in the right place but what the hell:rolleyes:
im 15 and im building a pc i have a budget of 1300 EURO an i can bu stuff from england here is the spec

Core i5 750
Asus maximus iii formula
HIS HD 5770 (x2)
antec 1200
Gskil Ripjaw 4GB
WD 1tb
OCZ GameXStream 850W
cooler master v8
2 sony blu-ray players

and i have the the mouse keyboard and Monitor
so if anyone has any comments or sugestions feel free to speak up

A:Building a PC, help

everything looks ok but i don't see why your getting 5770 (x2) when you you could get one 5850 or spend just a little more and get one 5870.

OP here double post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc-help.143561/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi Firstly I must say what a wonderful site It has opened my eyes to so many things Secondly I like your help in getting a spec new building in PC a Help sheet together to build my PC Just a back ground info I built my last PC yrs ago and it has lasted me yrs It started life with windows and Help in building a new PC now am runnig XP professional Originally was built with ram and Gb HDD But now it is running Gb RAM and Help in building a new PC GB HDD Processor it has a P Ghz runnig at normal speed Grafix it is running NVIDIA Geforce MX MX card So you can see when it was built yrs ago it was a pretty decent spec for the time I think it is now time to finally replace it as it seems to not only be runnig out of HDD but also tends to run a bit slow So my intention is to build something again that is goin to last me for a good few yrs still to come Budget wise I don t wanna go crazy but maybe in the region of if thats feasible Obviosuly anything less will be better I am not a big PC gaming fan Have a PS and Wii for that side of things so I won t be doing any gaming however I will be doing lots of photo and video editing I would also like to have the option of watching TV on it whether online or digital tuner I am not too sure I am based in the UK and don t mind ordering things over the internet It certainly in most of my past experience is much cheaper than going to the shops like Maplin or PCWorld and I would like to build a full ATX size desktop pc rather than a mini But again it is not a necesity as I am here for advice Now here is the list of items I have got together that obviously I am gonna need CPU AMD Athlon Ghz AMD socket is this a good enough processor Motherboard Asus SOcket AM M N WS motherboard I have searched lots and I think this might be a good enough mobo for my needs Again any other suggestions will be much appreciated RAM GB DDR- PC MHz the above mother board is capable of handling up to Gb however I don t think I need anything more than Gb to begin with Graphics Card ATI HD I have heard a lot of good things about this card and how it compares against Nvidia Gt So it this good enough or am I better off going for the HD instead PSU Now this I don t know much about I think my current one is a W PSU and I have never had any problems with it But if I start to use the above grafix card then I guess I will deffo need to go for something better Any suggestions O S Windows XP I am gonna keep my O S as it is It has been out for along time and it is stable I am not sure if Windows is as stable as it is relatively new and ought to have lots of bugs What ya reckon Case I don t know much about case but I guess that would depend on the mobo that I go for I like to have a case which is quite cool looking and I can show it with pride instead of hiding it under the desk So any cool suggestions Drives I have looked aorund for blueray drives to be able to write bluerays and read them But they seem to be a bit over priced at the moment About Am I better off getting a good DVD RW for now and wait a few more months prices might come down a bit ANy suggestions for good DVD RW drives and also blueray ones HDD I take it as most of the new mobos have SATA drives now instead of the good old IDE ones And they seem to be quite cheap compared to the old IDE ones What I have thought about is to have Sata Drives a Gb one and a T byte one I will then partition the Gb to and Gb and use the first one for the O S only and use the Gb one for the programme files The T byte one will be used for general files and application stuff like videos and Is this the right way to go about it Monitor and speakers I guess these are pretty standard whatever I do I could even get a quot HD ready TV and use that instead maybe for the monitor What I like to do is though have monitors if I can I have seen lots of people using them and it seems to be an ideal choice if I have to do lots of diff things at once instead of keep minimizing and maximising So how does that... Read more

A:Help in building a new PC

I would suggest these:

Processor - AMD Athlon II X4 620 - £73.40
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P - £65.89
PSU - Corsair 550W VX Series PSU - £61.75
GPU - VTX 3D HD 4770 512MB - £72.39
RAM - Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz - £60.00
Case - Cooler Master CM-690 Dominator - £59.51

Total - £392.94

That leaves you with a little more than £100 for the HDD and DVD drive.

I suggested the HD 4770 as it performs at par with the HD 4850. It also consumes lesser power so you may consider getting the Corsair 450VX PSU and save another £10. (Personally, if you're not interested in gaming then you might even consider getting the HD 4670.)

As for the HDD, I think 1 TB is more than enough. No need to give the OS (Windows XP) more than 15 - 20GB. It's best if the OS is maintained on a partition separate to all other apps.

Also as regards to grafix card, is it better to go for a twin 4850 instead of a single 4870?Click to expand...

Two HD 4850s in CrossFire will definitely outperform the a single HD 4870. However, they would consume a lot more power. You'll have to get the Corsair 650TX PSU in that case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-in-building-a-new-pc.138797/
Relevancy 30.1%

so i wanna build my own bootable XP CD i checked out this program http www nliteos com which allows u to remove some standard apps but it doesnt allow u to add as far as i can see it then creates the bootable disc for you i was interesting in making my own cd dvd with some programs that dont install normally ie firefox nero CD? Building My Own XP winrar winiso flashfxp etc size is of no concern although i doubt id exceed the capacity of a cd and even if i did i wouldnt mind making a bootable dvd ghosting is one option but thats limited to a specific computer i guess its not completely out of the question if i make an image of a basic desktop with all Building My Own XP CD? the applications i want but that defeats the purpose of what im trying to achieve i read some about slipstreaming but that seems to be for implementing service packs and updates can someone recommend some tutorials on compiling my own cd dvd or maybe offer up some programs that im not aware of thanks in advance -ukr

A:Building My Own XP CD?

i believe what you intend to do is against the law
i will close this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/building-my-own-xp-cd-88007.html
Relevancy 30.1%

ok curious what size tower i'm wanting i thought atx mid but just arrived and it's too big someone please help :con

Relevancy 30.1%

i am building a pc , i want to have a dvd/cd burner then the hard drive. the hard drive stores memory and my question is when u go to MY COMPUTER is c & d drive how many hard drives do i need. i need 1 for disks is that all?

A:building a pc

i am building the pc for mostly gaming. Americas Army, Age of Empires...... it is my time building a pc but i am on a tight budget. so far i have looked at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138077
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118103
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127285
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227123
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103741

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.80865/
Relevancy 30.1%

Does anyone know If I can transfer my old hard disk with XP Pro when I replace the CPU, Motherboard on my computer or will I need a fresh install?

A:Building a new PC

You will have a more stable system if you do a clean install . . If you need to salvage data, sometimes you can do a Repair Install, but it will not result in as desirable a system as a clean install ( IMO )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-pc.458377/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everyone I came to this site for this specific question that I had and seeing as this is my first post please excuse me if I posted this thread on the wrong board or section I ve been into console gaming for a while this isn t a gaming thread just bear with me a PC new Building and have recently decided to move into PC gaming I have a Building a new PC few questions though if anyone would be willing to answer them Can anyone give me advice on how to build buy customize a computer that can not only accomplish all the tasks I need listed below but excel at them I honestly don t know where to start with this process Run intensive games such as Arma DayZ RuneScape Grand Theft Auto Run video editing software such as iMovie or Sony Vegas Record and stream gameplay and others functions so that they may be uploaded or edited I d also like to mention that while price is a factor it is definitely not a large limiting factor to the computer I d like to purchase build I hope I included enough information and if I didn t please just respond and I ll tell you any other information you may need to help me Thanks Duncan nbsp

I would help us make recommendations if you would give us a max budget to go by.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-pc.1147245/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am trying to replace an old 533Mhz motherboard with AMD A6 and put newer one. What steps do i need to take before installing a new motherboard and what are the problems that i will encounter ?

A:Building a new PC.

First question: Is this going to be standard size ATX or micro-ATX? What size is the case? Micro will not fit in a standard case and vice-versa.
Second: Is my current RAM compatible with the new board/CPU? If so, will it be enough to handle the demand from a new CPU and OS (if that is being considered)?
Third: Graphics card. Unless you are using onboard video and/or the new mobo has it, will your current card be compatible with the new board?
Fourth: Current power supply unit (psu)...is it adequate for the new component(s)? How old is it? The psu is just as important as any other component.

I'll stop there for now. It would be helpful to know what your current mobo is and the type/amount of RAM. Also the exact model of the mobo you are considering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-pc.411864/
Relevancy 30.1%

Well it s my first time building a PC which will be used for gaming and I m not really sure where to start PC building own help Need on All I know is that I ll be needing CPU Motherboard Memory Hard Drive Video Card Computer Case Power Supply this is the item which I am very unsure about CD DVD Drive Sound Card just Need help on building own PC needs to be quot average quot I suppose my budget would be about USD SGD where I live and I guess it could be stretched a little CPU I heard AMD is good for gaming but with the new Intel Core Quad I m not very sure the Q looks quite impressive and I m currently eyeing it Also I hear that the CPU limits the type of mobo suitable for it Motherboard Okay this is the part I m very unclear on Basically I understand it s a place where you chuck the processor RAM and where you connect the sound card and graphics card please correct me if I m wrong Well I m not sure what differentiates mobos from each other so please help Memory I suppose this would be relatively cheap compared to the rest of the parts I m thinking a Corsair Dominator gb RAM kit but if you have any other suggestions please tell me Hard Drive I just need a large storage device like perhaps GB I don t think this will have a huge impact on the performance please correct if wrong Video Card I m pretty set on the GT from what I ve heard it gives great bang for its buck Please post if you have other suggestions Computer Case I m not too sure about this I won t be needing a really good one just a normal case with adequate ventilation would be fine Please recommend PSU No idea but I think it should be determined by the CPU GPU Please explain CD DVD Drive Any generic one would do but I m not sure which Sound Card Can anyone suggest a low-cost one I m quite sure sound cards aren t really important to performance So please recommend suggest any parts you come upon I live in Singapore and therefore would probably need a worldwide retailer although it limits my choices a lot Thank you very much for viewing my thread nbsp

A:Need help on building own PC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129024

This is a nice Antec case with an Earthwatts 500 watt PSU. Excellent combo, would be perfect for your system. Has 12cm fan. $150 shipped is also a good deal. One of the benefits of a nicer Antec case like that is that it is easier to put your system together. They are also quieter than many cases, especially when using the larger 12cm fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-building-own-pc.91623/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am relitively new to building pc's but im very good at putting them together and taking them apart, i want to build my own and want the budget price to be from 700-1000 $, im thinking i want AMD Compatible this pc is going to be a gaming pc mainly. i have my Case picked out as well as my monitor, i have an idea of what mother board i want but still iffy

Case:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811103008
Monitor:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824254023
Proccessor(you can get me to sway my opinion, aka not final and open to debate)http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103751
anyways i use newegg so try sticking to the website, any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the combo offers at www.tigerdirect.com, www.newegg.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.directron.com, www.outpost.com, and others.
They frequently bundle the cpu with decent motherboards at very low prices leaving you a better budget for video card and memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.74796/
Relevancy 30.1%

here is what i have planned.....

Motherboard - ASUS P5W DH
Graphics - XFX 8800GTS
Ram - 2GB OCZ PC6400
CPU - INTEL Q6600
Monitor - LG M228WA
Case - NZXT APOLLO GAMER
CD/DVD - NEC AD-7170A-0B
Hard Drive - 500gb

i dont know what psu i will need for this, what is the lowest watt that will work with this system?

also will there been adequate cooling?

any comments will be appreciated, thanks.

A:Building a PC - Need Help!

Right off the bat I see a 8800GTS. Instead, why don't you buy the 8800GT? It's cheaper and more powerful than the GTS.

I really like this Antec PSU.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817103941

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc-need-help.92386/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello guys,
I want to build a new pc for gamesslurp, and i want to share with you and to hear youre opinions about it.
This is my sistem:
-Motherboard Asus P5N-E-SLI (after i see TechSpot review i love this "toy")
-Cpu Intel Core2 Due E6750
-Video card Leadtek WinFast PX8800GT TDH, 512MB DDR3, 256bit
-Memory Geil Ultra PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz CAS 4-4-4-12, 2GB Dual Channel kit
-Hard disk Western Digital 400GB SATA-II 7200RPM 16MB Caviar SE16
-PSU Thermaltake W0093RE TR2 500W
-DvD Writer Asus DRW-1608P3S-B-Retail Black
-Case Thermaltake VC2000BNS MAMBO Black
I want to play Crysis, Bioshock, NFS Carbon, offcourse at high details and good frame rate.
If anyone have a ideea to change something iam more then happy to hear it.

Thanks and forgive me if i open this post in wrong section and for my bad english :blush:

A:Building new pc

Seems decent enough to me. Nice that you have a big enough budget

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-pc.93012/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys, I would like to ask for some advice on building a new rig for my dad. Erm, the budget would be around 2k SGD. So that makes it about 1.3 -1.5k USD. Erm the rig is more for photoshop and digital imaging as my dad is a photographer. Could anyone please suggest some parts to get a solid rig. I'm thinking Core 2 Quad here but please do give me advice. Also, for photo editing, is it neccessary to get a SLI computer? Thanks for your time.

A:Need help on building a new rig.

i can tell u 2 things, get quad core 4 work with graphics and good graphic card ofc, which one, dont know wait 4 others 2 say
but i recommend quad core..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-building-a-new-rig.94053/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everyone I am in the process of building a new computer for the first time and I have a couple of questions First these are the specifications of the computer -Case Antec Quiet P Black Watt Power Supply Seasonic -Motherboard eVGA nForce i SLI -Processor Intel Core Duo E GHz FSB MB L -RAM OCZ GB DDR - x GB -Hard Drive Raptor SATA RPM GB -Video Card EVGA GeForce GT MB -DVD player Sony Blu-Ray RW -Floppy Drive -Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro -OS Vista Here are my questions I was wondering if I should replace one of the fans with the Arctic Cooling fan or just add the arctic cooling fan to the build The Antec p PC new Building a comes with built in mm fans Also the E came with a fan should I just use all the fans that I Building a new PC have now a total of I was thinking about switching the WD Raptor RPM with a SCSI RPM drive what do you think Also I don t know much about SCSI so will it be compatible with this build Will I need any extra drive cables or should all the parts come with the necessary cables Finally if anyone has any experience building an Antec P do you have any advice for me Should I start by installing the lower chamber first THANKS IN ADVANCE nbsp

Im not to sure abou all of your q's but what i do know according to your specifications, is that at 15,000 RPM , that is a hot hard drive. Im not too sure how well that does with heat, i just reccommedn you leaving good spaces inbetween the HD to give it a good cool.

The fans you have now, should do well (although i dont know much about that stuff.) but with the core 2 duo, that also means less heat as compared to a higher clock rate speed CPU.

Why do u want such fast HD? Gaming?

I didnt know they made 160gb raptors, i tought they only went up to 74gb.
AND 15000 hds exhist? wow. what is the average seek time?

What I know is that Raptors get pretty hot at 10K RPM. So leave good gaps to give it a good cool. Try to organizeyour cables the best possible way. Maybe hide them on the back hatch holding your MOBO. Thats what i did.

Now I dont have all the answers to your Qs. But Im guessing that your fans should do well. Also make sure to clean or check periodically for dust.

Higher RPM means more heat.
But the lower clock speeds of c2D MEANS ;LESS HEAT ALSO.

Just make sure the HD gets good ventilation and isnt obstructed ( in my case My VID CARD is big so it blocks some air, so i had to turn my side fan window arround to turn the fan arround.)

If it gets good ventilation , i think youl get good cooling whith what u have.

Why do u want such high RPM? Gaming? Y dont u give a try to that RAID type that allows for alternating hd WRITING.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc.69847/
Relevancy 30.1%

I want to build a pc I already choose the parts just need to know if it all fits together
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127745
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130768
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116896
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104387
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817553010
http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/k281/

It's hard to get parts other than those in my country dont need recommendations on other parts unless one of the is really bad or doesn't fit with the other parts thanks

A:help building pc

Hello, so here are my observations on your choices:
The mobo is a full size ATX, so I recommend you go with a full size gaming case and not with a mid size case.
The memory modules you picked are not available; you should go with the ones other peoples purchased along with the same mobo (listed at the bottom of the mobo page) or consult the list of tested modules, available from MSI for that mobo. The CPU, Video and PSU are OK.
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-building-pc.1133018/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi! I'm going to be building a new pc. It will be used primarily for word processing and internet, but it should run decent. It also needs to have a small footprint, which is why I chose the slim tower style. I have included a screenshot of the items I will be using. I also have an 80GB PATA drive and 512MB of ram that I can put in the computer.

Please let me know what you think, if this will run well, and give any suggestions!

Relevancy 30.1%

Emachines T System Specs Type of system Desktops Servers Bus Architecture PCI AGP Hard Drive Bus EIDE Native OS Windows XP Home CPU Type GHz Intel Pentium Memory Specs Standard Memory MB removable Maximum Memory GB Memory Expansion sockets Memory Comments PC PC SDRAM Modules It has a CD RW and a DVD drive Something From Building Old Something New The graphics card is a nVidia TNT mb It also has a gb hard drive Thats my old comkputer It got fried Building Something New From Something Old so i assume it took out the motherboard and power supply I have to spend on a new system and i could use parts from my old one maybe the cd r w dvd drive and hard drive So i would need a new motherboard cpu power supply maybe case more ram definately and maybe a graphics card if there isn t built in graphics I prety much want the most for the money with it being upgradeable in the future Any help is very much appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-something-new-from-something-old.69227/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello,
im looking to build my first PC for gaming mostly and some recording.
Im not very fluent with computers but i have an okay understanding. I want something that will be easy to upgrade in the future and will be able to keep up with upcoming games. Im trying to learn more about it before i start. My budget is about $600-$700 maybe $800USD at the most. So any advice, tips, suggestions are greatly appreciated

A:Building First PC

First welcome to Techspot!

What does your budget include? Do you need the budget to include a monitor? A keyboard/mouse? Speakers? Maybe just the tower itself?

That said, I'd look into getting a p35 intel chipset board(if you want to go with an intel cpu), like one of these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127031
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136038

If you want to overclock, then you can get a lower end cpu(like an e2160 or e4300) and overclock it. If not go with a mid range core 2 duo.

I'd probably get this ram, as it's a great deal right now($65) for 2gb ddr800.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098

For a video card, if you can afford it, a 8800gts 320mb or a 2900 pro 512mb would be good choices.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102706
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150171

If those are too much, you might look into some older but still fast cards like the x1950xt or the 7900gs.

I think a power supply like this would be a nice one(corsair 520w)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139001

That leaves the hard drive(s), dvd drive(s), case/cooling, and operating system to be decided.

Oh, and here's a system building guide that's pretty helpful.
http://www.mechbgon.com/build/index.html

Best wishes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-pc.88906/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on building a DVR any suggestion on what hardware and software to use that would best suit me on this project. Thanks in advance any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, sorry if this isn't the right place to post a subject like this, however, it looked like it was. Anyways, I have a few questions to ask you. I saw on this forum from a user who asked sort of the same question I have basically. How hard is it to build a PC, but they didn't talk about something I wanted to know, or from the few post I read. I wanted to know rather or not any soldering was required while building a PC, or if the whole process is step by step instructions and just connecting it together as such.

I am very interested in making a PC and even working with them as a possible job career. Thanks again,

Tyler

A:Building My First PC

Building a pc can be complicated if you make it. Its basically a small puzzle, but with only 8-9 pieces at most on a basic pc. Just make sure all your parts are compatible before buying, that alone can set you back a month sometimes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-first-pc.88830/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am building my first pc. and everything is in place but I am not getting any power to the pc what could be the problem?

A:building a pc

check to make everything's connected and that the motherboard is properly spaced from the tray (if it's contacting, it'll simply not turn on rather than fry itself)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-pc.39729/
Relevancy 30.1%

i have decided its time to build myself a new pc seeing i just got my tax refund check back
i have a case and power suply and monitor and i have decided on the mother board i want
A8R32-MVP Deluxe and im planning on getting mabey geforce 7800 gt 256mb pci or somthin along those lines but what should i get for processor and memory i was thinking of picking up these athlon 64 x2 4200 dual core and pc2-7200 ddr2-900 2gb but now i still need to get a new hard drive serial ata 10000rpm 36.7gb

so this is what i got so far any one have any thoughts on how this would run or if somthing else would be better or anything?

A8R32-MVP Deluxe

geforce 7800 gt 256mb pci

athlon 64 x2 4200 dual core

pc2-7200 ddr2-900 2gb

serial ata 10000rpm 36.7gb

Relevancy 30.1%

Just bought a motherboard {ABIT KU8 ATHLON 64 ULI M1689,HT1600,DDR400,8*AGP,SATA 150 RAID, 10/100 LAN, 6CH} could anyone please tell me what hardware I need? such as what processor,ram,power supply, video/graphic card/s,case,monitor,harddrive, and any other relavent information?

A:Building AMD PC

CPU - Supports AMD Socket 754 Athlon 64/Sempron Processors With 1.6GHz system bus using Hyper Transport™ technology Supports AMD CPU Cool 'n' Quiet Technology
Memory - Two 184-pin DIMM sockets, Supports DDR400 non-ECC un-buffered memory
Supports maximum memory capacity up to 2GB
Chipset - ULI M1689 single chip supports 2GHz Hyper Transport
SATA RAID - Supports SATA data transfer rates at 150 MB/s (1.5G bps)
LAN - On board 10/100 Mb LAN
Audio - 6-Channel AC 97 CODEC on board
ABIT Engineered - ABIT SoftMenu™ Technology, ABIT CPU ThermalGuard™ Technology
Internal I/O Connectors - 1 AGP 8X/4X slot, 5 PCI slots, Floppy Port supports up to 2.88 MB, 2 x Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 Connectors, 2 x Serial ATA150 Connectors, 2 x USB headers, 1 x CD-IN
Back Panel I/O - 1 x PS/2 Keyboard, 1 x PS/2 mouse, 1 x Serial Port, 1 x Parallel Port
3 holes Audio connector (Mic-In, Line-In, Line-Out), 2 x USB, 2 x USB, 1 x RJ-45 LAN Connector
Miscellaneous - ATX form factor 305 x 225 mm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-amd-pc.463883/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi im looking to upgrade my old computer because its not working At all so i need someones advice on building a new computer

i currently have a graphic cards the X1950 pro

i just need the rest can anyone suggest any?

my budget is £500-600

A:help building new pc

Is that X1950 Pro in PCI-Express or AGP form?

This will be the deciding factor on the upgrade path. If it's AGP, it will severely limit your upgrade path.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-building-new-pc.84304/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have put together a DDR Epox mother board, 256 pc 2100 Kingston Value Ram, 32mb radeon all in wonder, maxtor hardrive, and a NEC DVD drive. The problem is I can't load windows I am getting a Disk Boot failure from the dvd drive.I am getting failed to load DOS when I tried to load max blast ver.1.24 from a floppy. It will boot into maxblast 1.27 but freezes up in the welcome screen. The system does go through post and counts all of the ram. I have ran the max blast powermax without any problems and the harddrive passes all the test. I have also tried to swtich ram with no luck. I have set jumpers, the only thing I wasn't sure about was the cpu and ram voltage adjusters. I set both to 0. the RAM was defaulted to .1 which would make it 2.6 volts.

A:Building PC

<i>"the only thing I wasn't sure about was the cpu and ram voltage adjusters. I set both to 0. the RAM was defaulted to .1 which would make it 2.6 volts."</i>

You mean in your BIOS right? What is your CPU and what speed?

<font color="blue" size="7" face="comic sans ms"><b><marquee direction="right">Piano Man</marquee></b></font>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-pc.46288/
Relevancy 30.1%

i need to know everything i need to build a PC. i mean everything!(tools, hardware, input devices, everything!) I also would like to know what some recommended setups would be for a gaming and internet computer. thanks to everyone who replies.

Relevancy 30.1%

here is a link i think some people will be interested in.

http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/OCAU_Guide_to_Building_A_PC

cheers.

Thank you... another useful file for the technician's library.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.76390/
Relevancy 30.1%

I figured I'd go out on a limb and try building my next PC. Other than email and web browsing my only hardcore application is HD video editing. I want to be able to create my own Blu Ray discs.

I just want your thoughts on my shopping list below. By the way, I have little-mid knowledge of the specs and features of many of the components.

Motherboard: Intel DX58SO
CPU: i7 3.4GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce XLR8 GTX 465, (1 GB) GDDR5 PCI Express Video Card

Case: Undecided
RAM: Undecided, but at least 8 if not 16GB
Optical: Undecided, but Blu-Ray writer a must at some point.

I guess I'm looking for some assurance that I'm headed in the right direction with the first 3 for what I'm trying to do. I'm not a gamer and wouldn't even know the purpose for overclocking, so that's not an issue. I'll leave everything to spec.

you want to build a multimedia pc??

http://www.ehow.com/how_5038971_build-multimedia-pc.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first-pc.983359/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi
I'm building my first pc, primarily for gaming, which is also being done on a budget <500.
I've put together a few items after alot of web surfing and am wondering if they're compatible together. Not to mention how they would handle TitanQuest. Any useful comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

939Dual-SATA2 66.99
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 2000MHz 76.00
Radeon 9250 256MB 54.99
Update Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 83.99
Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 42.99
LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD-ROM 17.99
XION XION II XON-103 Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W 64.99 - 15 rebate

407.94 - 15 rebate

I'm able to get Windows and a monitor from a friend, is there anything i'm overlooking?

Relevancy 30.1%

I am looking for some assistance.

I have a couple of old Dell PC's running windows 98, and also a newer one running windows XP.

I have gutted one of the cases and I plan to install my hardrive which has XP on, however I want to purchase a new Motherboard and reasonably quick processor.

Can anyone recommend any components that I should purchase. I have a low budget unfortunately

Cheers

Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all, i would like to build a new gaming computer as my current one is pretty sucky I would like some expert advice from these forums so please do enlighten me. What i have in mind now is the E6850 processor. I've read quite abit about it and i heard it really is worth the price. My budget's around 2.5k SGD. That's about 1.6 - 1.7 k USD. If possible, please do justify why you would recommend me the mobo / gfx as I really am very confused about what to pick. There's just too many and I really have no clear idea what is best. So please do help me. Thanks for the time for reading and helping. Oh and I'm not too concerned about OCing at the moment as I've never done that before. Haha. Thanks alot of the help. Appreciate it.

A:Need help on building a new rig

I have just gotten the ASUS P5N-E SLI mobo with a Q 6600 Core 2 Quadcore. I can recommend the mobo for sure. It's very stable, has all the overclocking you would want, and supports the E6850. I am going to pick up an E6850 too. The E6750 is a very good deal also. $100 less than the 6850. I can also recommend the EVGA 8800 GTS 320mb GPU. It has good performance and is also strong, stable, and cool. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-building-a-new-rig.88625/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey Looking at these parts- hard drive gig http www newegg com Product Product aspx Need PC building a help Item N E motherboard - lga chipset http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E heatsync cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E gig ram http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E video card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E sound card maybe not needed http www newegg com Product Product Need help building a PC aspx Item N E floppy drive - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I was wondering what types of cables I will need to hook all this stuff together what type s of thermal glue if there are any obvious no-no glitches I m not seeing and how big of a power supply I was hoping to start with Windows XP and move to Vista when it s been out a bit longer Any help is appreciated Also I was trying to keep this sub but a bit over is OK I will get the OS software free so that isn t a problem although I was wondering if I should take the hit in order to get gigs of ram in there or if the gigs will be sufficiently even with the processor Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Need help building a PC

It will include all the cables you will need. I would say get at least a 500 W PSU..Antec is a very good brand.

You will be fine with 2 gigs of ram..A better upgrade would be the 8800GTS to a 8800gtx.

Also Intel E6600 is a good processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-building-a-pc.75734/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys I plan on buying a new PC gaming with a - budget The reason is that my current PC has multiple issues like video issues slow down blue screen etc I could pay someone to figure out what exactly is the problem or post on here for more help or what have you but I d rather just buy a new PC I will be blunt I have no idea whatsoever about what works together or what the best parts are for the budget I have I m coming to you guys because you have helped me before on this quite successfully so I trust the people here This is the current PC I have right now GB DDR I believe GTX i k GA-Z A-D H-B The reason I give these specs is I would appreciate it if after you create some sort of build for me that you d let me know how PC building a with new Help it compares to the current PC I have power wise I need to stick to the - budget regardless but the information Help with building a new PC would be nice to know I am keeping the case hard drive monitor cd drive I have now Thanks to anyone who helps me out I really appreciate it and I really am lost when it comes to building these things so I am very grateful to anyone who takes the time to put together something for me I apologize if this is the wrong section I just assume hardware is where you post something like this nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

In the next month or so I will building my new computer, but I dont no what hardware to have. I have a max limit of £700.

I want a mothbaord that can run windows vista with a agp x8 slot and a PCI-E 16x slot. That has aorund 6x 2.0 USB ports, With aorund 3 or 4 PIC slots.It must also have a sata and ide connecters.

I have picked a ATX tower already.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aspire-X-Crui...hZ002QQcategoryZ80168QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I would like around 2gb's of ram DDR2 prefarbely.

A 300GB Stat harddrive.

Not to sure on the grapihcs card, to may to chose from I was thinking of around 256mb card maby a geforce 7600 or ATI Radeon X850 XT.

A 3.6Ghz proccersor. Dule or singal core.

Thanks.

Relevancy 30.1%

Last summer I decided I was going to build a gaming first Building PC my PC Since then I have scouted stuff learned as much as possible and here s what I ve come up with Building my first PC - CPU - Intel Pentium D ghz Dual Core GPU - BFG GeForce GT mb PCI-e Mobo - Foxconn A -P- EKRS PSU - OCZ Technology GameXStream W Power Supply HD - Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB Hard Drive WC - Don t know I could probably get a better GPU and I don t know if the W power supply is necessary but it s on for a good price Building my first PC I do not care a lot about sound or peripherals printer mouse etc I m just focused on best performance dollar I play WoW a lot my current system blows I m looking to spend - USD on a good machine Again looking for performance per dollar not best performance I m not wealthy I m unsure as to what case I would use I don t know a lot about cooling or dimensions I also don t know if the mobo is that great heard some good things about Foxconn so I tried to find a cheap one with PCI-e and reasonable FSB - mainly something that d work with the Pentium D Any suggestions or product reviews would be greatly appreciated I have never been through the process of building my own PC so I wouldn t doubt it if there were a lot of things I overlooked I am in no rush to go out and buy everything I will wait until I know everything about everything Thank you nbsp

What about ram?

The only thing about your system that I'd recommend reconsidering, is that your current motherboard does not support the core 2 duo cpus. This will limit you when it comes time for upgrades in the future. The core 2 duo cpus are a huge leap in technology. If you can afford it, get one that will allow you to install a core 2 duo at some point in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-first-pc.67024/