Windows Support Forum

windows xp security event viewer- anonymous logon type 3

Q: windows xp security event viewer- anonymous logon type 3

Hi, I have a few questions regarding the security event viewer log as i like to know if my pc security is being attacked. i have a standalone pc without connecting to any other network. i am still using dialup service but will go broadband very soon.

1. a few logs show anonymous logon type 3 - what does it mean? is someone trying to logon to my computer behind my back?

2. audit failure - what happens when it shows audit failure?

hope someone could shed me some light on the above. pls let me know if you need more info from me. many thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows xp security event viewer- anonymous logon type 3

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows xp security event viewer- anonymous logon type 3

Not sure about type3 logon, but the audit failure is supposed to be there. If you use the welcome screen where you click an icon to select your user, widows tries to logon to each account automatically. If any users are password protected, an audit failure will appear in the event viewer. Type 3 logon is a network sharing logon. Check to make sure you are not sharing a drive or a printer to the net. Open the control panel, choose network connections, choose your adapter, and click on settings. Uncheck file and printer sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-security-event-viewer-anonymous-logon-type-3.297388/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello,

I was in the Microsoft Event Viewer and was in the security tab and saw that there was an Anonymous logon to the computer. There are atleast 4 of these logoffs.

Here is the viewer:

Quote:

An account was logged off.
Subject:
Security ID: ANONYMOUS LOGON
Account Name: ANONYMOUS LOGON
Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon ID: 0x402b8ab
Logon Type: 3
This event is generated when a logon session is destroyed. It may be positively correlated with a logon event using the Logon ID value. Logon IDs are only unique between reboots on the same computer.

What is this? Also I am the only user for the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-viewer-anonymous-logon-611767.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,

I was looking at the event log and noticed that there was an anonymous logon recently and it said success audit and the description is:

Special privileges assigned to new logon:
User Name: NETWORK SERVICE
Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)
Privileges: SeAuditPrivege
SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege

Should I be concerned?

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Event log: Anonymous Logon

Also this from the same source:

Source: Security
Category: Logon\Logoff
Event ID: 540

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-event-log-anonymous-logon-640242.html
Relevancy 87.72%

We are getting dozens of these Alerts generated at our Exchange Server What is causing it and more importantly what procedural steps do we take to prevent the alerts from generating ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Details Windows Event Alert was recorded Time Date Time Windows Event Time Date Time Windows Event Log Security Windows Event Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Windows Event ID Windows Event Severity Failure Audit Windows Event Logon Process: ID w3wp; 4625; Events Failed Advapi] [Event Procss Type 8; Name: Logon Message An account failed Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi] to log on Subject Security ID S- - - Account Name EXCHANGE SERVER Account Domain DOMAIN Logon ID x e Logon Type Account For Which Logon Failed Security ID S- - - Account Name Username Account Domain DOMAIN Failure Information Failure Reason Unknown user name or bad password Status xc d Sub Status xc a Process Information Caller Process ID xd c Caller Process Name C Windows System inetsrv w wp exe Network Information Workstation Name EXCHANGE SERVER Source Network Address IP ADDRESS Source Port Port Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Length This event is generated when a logon request fails It is generated on the computer where access was attempted The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon This is most commonly a service such as the Server service or a local process such as Winlogon exe or Services exe The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested The most common types are interactive and network The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request - Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key This will be if no session key was requested ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi]

Account For Which Logon Failed:
Security ID: S-1-0-0
Account Name: [[Username]]
Account Domain: [[DOMAIN]]

Failure Information:
Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.
Sub Status: 0xc000006a

Process Information:
Caller Process ID: 0xd5c
Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Network Information:
Workstation Name: [[EXCHANGE_SERVER]]
Source Network Address: [[IP_ADDRESS]]
Source Port: PortClick to expand...

I would start there. Where is the source of the attempt? Inside or outside? If inside, it should be easy to determine who the source is (assuming that this is an internal server). If outside, you may have someone trying to hack an account.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/failed-logon-events-event-id-4625-logon-type-8-procss-name-w3wp-process-advapi.4045827/
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm running Win XP Home - SP1. I just learned about the Event Viewer (Control Panel/Admin Tools) and the Security section shows a number of Anonymous Logons. It also shows Guest Logons, etc, along with "Failed Audits", indicating wrong passwords. Every other "Failed Audit" shows "MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0", with the following one showing my name.

I do have a home network with a wireless router. Only the laptop wireless card and PC network card MAC addresses are cleared for access. My closest neighbor is over 800 feet away so I'm confident that I'm not being accessed locally.

Any idea what this is all about?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-shows-anonymous-logons.345895/
Relevancy 82.99%

I am the only user of my  laptop, but the Event Viewer shows a series of Special Logons(event ID 4672) and Logons (Event ID 4624 or 4648) happening in the past few days when I was out of town and my laptop was locked in my room with the lid closed.

I don't want to be suspicious of any one yet so I would like to know if it's possible for the Event Viewer to record logon and special logon events without any human user actually logging on? Thanks a lot.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a207e1a1-7f89-48d7-b1ed-41818a2f6be1/logon-history-in-event-viewer?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I turned my PC on this morning and I was logged onto a temporary profile - Authority NT Event Logon - viewer special and was a bit confused so I logged off and logged into my normal user account Then i started wondering why It did it so i went into event viewer and noted under security there were a lot of unusual logs some what like this Keywords Date amp Time Source Event ID Task category Audit success - - Microsoft security Auditing - - Special logon I have a lot of these and when I click event properties it says the following Special privileges assigned to new logon Subject Security ID LOCAL SERVICE Account Name LOCAL SERVICE Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x e Privileges SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeAuditPrivilege SeImpersonatePrivilege I'm not that good with computers so please can Event viewer - special Logon - NT Authority someone explain what this is I am extremely paranoid when it comes to spyware and malware etc but I have Comodo firewall install as well as various other firewalls Craig

A:Event viewer - special Logon - NT Authority

This article explains what this is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498213/event-viewer-special-logon-nt-authority/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there I have dozens of logon logoff entries in my event viewer most of which are supposedly done by Suspicious in viewer logon/logoff event entries NT AUTHORITY or NETWORK SERVICE Running WINXP HOME SP IE PM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied PM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use PAS PAS PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name Domain Logon ID x x D Privileges SeChangeNotifyPrivilege SeBackupPrivilege SeRestorePrivilege SeDebugPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot Successful Logon User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x D Logon Type Logon Process User Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name PAS Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Account Logon NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Logon attempt by MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATION PACKAGE V Logon account PAS Source Workstation PAS Error Code x AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot User Logoff User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x C A FA Logon Type quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot User initiated logoff User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x c a fa quot AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimary... Read more

A:Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer

First what alerted you of these "warnings"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454494/suspicious-logonlogoff-entries-in-event-viewer/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all and thanks in advance I have a new Windows Dell laptop one week old Windows is fully updated as is Firefox with NoScript and Web of Trust Avast free and Malwarebytes I have not used Windows before so I am not sure what is normal The computer runs fine but I need to use my computer for sensitive financial information on occasion so I need to be sure One odd event yesterday had me digging in the event viewer I found types of events that unsettled me I was playing a game when the screen flashed black twice I have only integrated graphics but this is not a graphically intensive game Dungeon Crawl if you know it I checked my graphics drivers and they are up to date A look at the event viewer revealed three items in the Logs Odd Viewer Entries Windows Oddity? Infection Event of Security or in 8 - security Odd Entries in Security Logs of Event Viewer - Infection or Windows 8 Oddity? log a blank password query followed by a logon and then a special logon I have copied and pasted them separated by --- There was a lot of code after each event that I haven't posted to save space also I've XXXXX ed out the name of the computer and the account Log Name Security Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date PM Event ID Task Category User Account Management Level Information Keywords Audit Success User Odd Entries in Security Logs of Event Viewer - Infection or Windows 8 Oddity? N A Computer XXXXXXXXXX Description An attempt was made to query the existence of a blank password for an account Odd Entries in Security Logs of Event Viewer - Infection or Windows 8 Oddity? Subject Security ID XXXXXXXXXX Account Name XXXXXXXXXX Account Domain XXXXXXXXXX Logon ID x C Additional Information Caller Workstation XXXXXXXXXX Target Account Name Administrator Target Account Domain XXXXXXXXXX --- Log Name Security Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date PM Event ID Task Category Logon Level Information Keywords Audit Success User N A Computer XXXXXXXXXX Description An account was successfully logged on Subject Security ID S- - - Account Name XXXXXXXXXX Account Domain WORKGROUP Logon ID x E Logon Type Impersonation Level Impersonation New Logon Security ID S- - - Account Name SYSTEM Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x E Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID x Process Name C Windows System services exe Network Information Workstation Name Source Network Address - Source Port - Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Length This event is generated when a logon session is created It is generated on the computer that was accessed The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon This is most commonly a service such as the Server service or a local process such as Winlogon exe or Services exe The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred The most common types are interactive and network The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created i e the account that was logged on The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request - Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request - Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key This will be if no session key was requested --- Log Name Security Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date PM Event ID Task Category Special Logon Level Information Keywords Audit Success User N A Computer XX... Read more

A:Odd Entries in Security Logs of Event Viewer - Infection or Windows 8 Oddity?

See the post here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/e6db8fba-c2c8-47be-a992-96e383e34693/windows-8-event-id-4797-in-security-logThe last post states its not malware.You may want to ask in Win8 if they have more info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544054/odd-entries-in-security-logs-of-event-viewer-infection-or-windows-8-oddity/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi there I have dozens of logon logoff entries in my event viewer when I turn on my PC most of which are supposedly done by NT AUTHORITY or NETWORK SERVICE What s also weird is that I get some failed logon attempts as well This happens every time I should say that I do suspect someone on the same network I am one of two clients hooked up to a router modem that connects Solved: in entries viewer logon/logoff event Suspicious to the internet of malicious activity But I don Solved: Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer t know if this is related I have turned on logon logoff auditing The following is what I see upon waking up my PC from standby You can see my actual logon occurring a few seconds after all the network services have logged on PM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff YOUR- C F Laura YOUR- C F quot User Logoff User Name Laura Domain YOUR- C F Logon ID x x Solved: Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer CA Logon Type quot PM Security Success Audit Privilege Use YOUR- C F Laura YOUR- C F quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name Domain Logon ID x x CA Privileges SeChangeNotifyPrivilege SeBackupPrivilege SeRestorePrivilege SeDebugPrivilege quot PM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff YOUR- C F Laura YOUR- C F quot Successful Logon User Name Laura Domain YOUR- C F Logon ID x x CA Logon Type Logon Process User Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name YOUR- C F Logon GUID - - - - quot PM Security Success Audit Account Logon NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM YOUR- C F Logon attempt by MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATION PACKAGE V Logon account Laura Source Workstation YOUR- C F Error Code x PM Security Success Audit Privilege Use YOUR- C F Laura YOUR- C F quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name Domain Logon ID x x C CA Privileges SeChangeNotifyPrivilege SeBackupPrivilege SeRestorePrivilege SeDebugPrivilege quot PM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff YOUR- C F Laura YOUR- C F quot Successful Logon User Name Laura Domain YOUR- C F Logon ID x x C CA Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name YOUR- C F Logon GUID - - - - quot PM Security Success Audit Account Logon NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM YOUR- C F Logon attempt by MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATION PACKAGE V Logon account Laura Source Workstation YOUR- C F Error Code x PM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE YOUR- C F quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot PM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE YOUR- C F quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - - - - quot PM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE YOUR- C F quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot PM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE YOUR- C F quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - - - - quot PM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE YOUR- C F quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot PM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE YOUR- C F quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - - - - quot PM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE... Read more

Relevancy 80.41%

There are many & Multiple Logon/off Viewer Event password change in audits logon off attempts and password change attempts marked as success and failure audits in my event manager - is there someone trying to hack in to my computer remotely Event Manager audits I Multiple Logon/off & password change audits in Event Viewer am receiving - Many logon logoff attempts - Failure audits for logon failures bad user name or password - Attempts to change my logon password for the following accounts Administrator ASPNET Guest deactivated HelpAssistant Len SUPPORT a Work Account The asterisk indicates active accounts - I don t know what the others are for - Failure Audits for attempting to log in under my account Len - Success Audits for Anonymous login - Logon processes being trusted to submit logon requests - Notification packages being activated to submit password or account changes I have scanned using Norton and Norton Power Eraser Malwarebytes Trend Micro Housecall in safe mode and nothing has come up I have used Microsoft Security Analyzer to to try and find issues - none has come up I ran TDSkiller eset online scanner and ran minitoolbox as per Swagger - nothing yet DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Len at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Norton Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Norton Identity Protection adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton norton engine ips IPSBHO DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files oracle javafx runtime bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files oracle javafx runtime bin jp ssv dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton norton engine coIEPlg dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mRun APSDaemon quot c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe quot mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime dRunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup mcafee lnk - c program files mcafee security scan SSScheduler exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe Trusted Zone m... Read more

A:Multiple Logon/off & password change audits in Event Viewer

Hi,Do you know the active "Work account"? If so, the remaining unknown user-accounts you have listed are default accounts, present pretty much on all Windows XP machines. There's nothing to worry about on that end. Did you notice those logon/logoff attempts suddenly starting? Or did you you just check the eventviewer some day and realised there were many logon/logoff attempts?Your logs, so far, look mostly clean. Nevertheless, we may be missing something, hence I would like you to run a scan with TDSSKiller:Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.Extract its contents to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop.Go to Start > Run (Or you can hold down your Windows key and press R) and copy and paste the following into the text field. (make sure you include the quote marks) Then press OK.

"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l C:\TDSSKiller.txt

If it says "Hidden service detected" DO NOT type anything in. Just press Enter on your keyboard to not do anything to the file.When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents of that file here.As well as a scan with aswMBR:Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run itClick the Scan button to start the scanOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463273/multiple-logonoff-password-change-audits-in-event-viewer/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi there I have dozens of logon logoff entries in my event viewer when I turn on my PC most of which are supposedly done by NT AUTHORITY or NETWORK SERVICE PM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied PM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT logon/logoff Solved: entries Suspicious viewer event in AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Solved: Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer Process Advapi Solved: Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE Solved: Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use PAS PAS PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name Domain Logon ID x x D Privileges SeChangeNotifyPrivilege SeBackupPrivilege SeRestorePrivilege SeDebugPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot Successful Logon User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x D Logon Type Logon Process User Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name PAS Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Account Logon NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Logon attempt by MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATION PACKAGE V Logon account PAS Source Workstation PAS Error Code x AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot User Logoff User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x C A FA Logon Type quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot User initiated logoff User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x c a fa quot AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges as... Read more

Relevancy 80.41%

My roommate has been a known hacker and i have a constant feeling as if someone else is always able to see what i am event cmd is in logon's appearing viewer, disappearing suspicious and alwasy doing on my suspicious logon's in event viewer, cmd is alwasy appearing and disappearing phones and laptop The command prompt constantly is appearing and diapering on my screen My mouse is continually being randomly moved around the screen and i will see it open and close boxes but always too quickly to see exactly what is happening The amount of activity i see in my event viewer is astronomical and compared to a computer that has no issues there has got to be something going on with my laptop Ive tried everything possible to clean my laptop and delete all programs factory reset clean the hard drive but i know my roommate is a hard core hacker and very smart please provide me with confirmation that there is in fact something happening and if possible guide me to how i can stop this and also possibly provide proof that i can show my roommate and hopefully he will stop or tell me exactly what has been installed on my laptop and when anything will help i am tired of looking crazy when i address the matter Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by tee administrator on TEE-PC - - Running from C Users tee Downloads Loaded Profiles tee Available Profiles tee Platform Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Hewlett-Packard Company C Windows System hpservice exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe EasyTech C Program Files Easy-Hide-IP VPN rdr EasyRedirect exe HP Inc C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Support Solutions HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Easy-Hide-IP VPN easy hide ip vpn exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ntvdm exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ntvdm exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ntvdm exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wuauclt exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ntvdm exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System cmd exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mmc exe NetSDK Software LLC C Program Files RdpGuard rdpguard-ui exe NetSDK Software LLC C Program Files RdpGuard rdpguard-svc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Users tee AppData Local Apps PGWAOO T BK WPZM LYR osil tion c bce c a f d bb e OSILauncher exe Microsoft Corporation C Users tee AppData Local Apps PGWAOO T BK WPZM LYR osil tion c bce c a f d bb e One Step App exe Microsoft C Users tee AppData Local Temp IXP TMP One Step App exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft S... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631906/suspicious-logons-in-event-viewer-cmd-is-alwasy-appearing-and-disappearing/
Relevancy 76.11%

Can anyone tell me what the security tab means in the event viewer. I see a lot of listings on it and im not really sure what they mean. thanks =)

Relevancy 75.25%

I am using Report Viewer Event Security MAILWASHER PRO It was set to check mail every minute I m not sure that this has anything to do Event Viewer Security Report with the report I get in EVENT VIEWER SECURITY but it shows AUDIT FAILURE every seconds It only has records for two days When I click on one of Event Viewer Security Report the failures and follow through this is what I get Details Product Windows Operating System ID Source Security Version Component Security Event Log Symbolic Name SE AUDITID UNKNOWN USER OR PWD Message Logon Failure Reason Unknown user name or bad password User Name Domain Logon Type Logon Process Authentication Package Workstation Name Explanation This event record indicates an attempt to log on using an unknown user account or a valid user account but with an incorrect password An unexpected increase in the number of these audits could represent an attempt by someone to find user accounts and passwords such as a quot dictionary quot attack in which a list of words is used by a program to attempt entry User Action The person with administrative rights for the computer should establish a threshold limit for attempted log ons Attempts in excess of the limit should be investigated as a possible attempt to Event Viewer Security Report break into the computer -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Related Knowledge Base articles You can find additional information on this topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles Post a Question to the Microsoft Windows XP Newsgroups Ask your question to Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals MVPs and others who use Microsoft Windows XP You can also search for your answer in existing posts Windows XP Support Center Visit the Windows XP Support Center for links to common questions and answers instructions the latest downloads and more Security Event Is Logged for Local User Accounts When a local user on a Windows XP Professional-based member computer logs off two logon failure events are recorded Event Type Failure Audit Event Source Security Event Category Logon Logoff Event ID Date date Time time User NT Failure Events Are Logged When the Welcome Screen Is Enabled With the welcome screen and logon logoff and or account logon success and failure auditing are enabled pairs of Logon Logoff failure or Account Logon failure audits with successful logon audit entries are added to the computer security log Can this be caused by MAIL WASHER Or is it an indication that someone on the internet is attempting to break in OR what is it Thanks for the great help in the past and anticipated again dd nbsp

A:Event Viewer Security Report

I don't know how Mail Washer works, but if you disable the program and the events continue, then it is not the program. Just the first thing I would try to track down the culprit. Then you could try disconnecting from the internet for a period and see if the events continue. That won't rule out a trojan program that has be loaded locally, but it won't be able to transmit any successes. The %x that is the user and domain, etc. seem to be parameter variables such as used in batch files where %1 is the first parameter and %2 is the second and so on. You may want to look in the registry under the run key (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\windows\Current version\run in w2k) to see if there are any entries you don't recognize, expecially batch files or .vbs files.

Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-security-report.170992/
Relevancy 75.25%

I m using Windows XP Home SP at office and uses my PC to access shared folders and printers in our domain by entering domain username and password at the prompt I ve a local username and password which I m using to login to the PC I ve some shortcuts on my desktop for some of the shared folders in our domain The security log in the event viewer is listing a lot of failure audits for logon logoff and account logon category as follows Category logon logoff even ID Logon Failure Reason Unknown user name or bad password User Name Domain MY-PC-NAME Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name MY-PC-NAME Category Account logon event ID Logon attempt by MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATION PACKAGE V Logon account Source Workstation MY-PC-NAME Error Code xC A These two logs are always together I ve McAfee AV installed and updated but nothing detected Kindly requesting help in understanding the situation Regards Rajesh Joy nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

The following entries are repeated several times every minute in my security log whenever my computer Issue Log Viewer Event Security is sitting idle I have a home Event Viewer Security Log Issue network consisting of my computer Rob and my wife's computer Marilyn Both systems are XP Home Event Type Success Audit Event Source Security Event Category Logon Logoff Event ID Date Time AM User ROB Guest Computer ROB Description User Logoff User Name Guest Domain ROB Logon ID x x B FF Logon Type Event Type Success Audit Event Source Security Event Category Account Logon Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer ROB Description Logon attempt by MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATION PACKAGE V Logon account Guest Source Workstation MARILYN Error Code x Event Type Success Audit Event Source Security Event Category Privilege Use Event ID Date Time AM User ROB Guest Computer ROB Description Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name Domain Logon ID x x B A Privileges SeChangeNotifyPrivilege These events repeat times every minute Guest accounts are OFF in my accounts Window Any idea what's going on

A:Event Viewer Security Log Issue

These are routine entries, should have been made from the first day that Windows was installed.

More Info On Types Of Event Viewer Entries

The only types of Event Viewer data which should/may cause user concern...would be those items logged as errors.  Some errors call for user intervention, some do not.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620088/event-viewer-security-log-issue/
Relevancy 75.25%

Recently I have received 2 DNS Client Events in the Event Viewer which may indicate malware attempt.

Event Viewer

Name resolution for the name a.rfihub.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Recently, a new browser hijacker virus has attacked thousands of computers, called Rfihub.com.

http://www.yac.mx/en/guides/browser-...c-cleaner.html

Name resolution for the name adrtb.liverail.use.1.sunday.sky.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/dom...m/information/
I suppose the fact the server did not respond is good ? I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (free) to scan. Neither reports any problem.
Is this a concern ? Anyone experienced similar entries in the Event Viewer ?

A:Possible Security Issue - Event Viewer

I've seen similar events several times in event logs in BSOD section posted by other people.

According to: rfihub.com third party host search results | Cookiepedia
This domain is owned by Rocketfuel. The main business activity is: Advertising
The main purpose of cookies set by this host is: Targeting/Advertising

Having restrictive firewall and good browser add on to block tracking and adds is the way to go, to defend against this scum Firm.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/65231-possible-security-issue-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi;
I am running XP Home SP2 and hopefully all clean, but have just noted in EventViewer/Security- many new entries with each start, or retsart such as,

"An authentication package has been loaded by the Local Security Authority. This authentication package will be used to authenticate logon attempts.
Authentication Package Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\schannel.dll : Schannel"

That's an example of one of the earlier ones on May 17.
This is on from just a few minutes ago,

"A trusted logon process has registered with the Local Security Authority. This logon process will be trusted to submit logon requests.

Logon Process Name: RASMAN

For more information, see Help and Support Center at "

I have no idea of what RASMAN is.

Windows Firewall is running.

Looking forward to any help- Thanks much.

Roger

A:Event Viewer / Security- Many New Entries

Quote:

Originally Posted by Processlibrary.com

rasman.exe is a Windows service which is used to dial phone numbers from the phone book. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

More than likely it is just services starting/restarting. It may also make an entry when you boot up or shut down.

You can clear the log, reboot and see what all pops up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/event-viewer-security-many-new-entries-252985.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi
Using windows Xp pro with sp3 and all Microsoft updates.
I have started security logging in the event viewer, as there was none. I used the site in link below to start logging.
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/els_start_security_log.mspx?mfr=true

I have set everything to success and failure.
In event viewer.
The Windows Firewall has detected an application listening for incoming traffic.

Name: -
Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
Process identifier: 1676
User account: NETWORK SERVICE
User domain: NT AUTHORITY
Service: Yes
RPC server: No
IP version: IPv4
IP protocol: UDP
Port number: 49986
Allowed: No
User notified: No

I have windows firewall turned off as i use Outpost free . just curious if this should happen with windows firewall is disabled.

Also there has been created in start programs see attachment?

As you may have guessed i am pretty thick, so try not to get to technical.

Cheers

Relevancy 74.39%

I was viewing the security logs in event viewer today exciting Event viewer audit failures security I know when I noticed some audit failures I like things running smoothly so this irked me Event viewer security audit failures a little I have a number relating to Event viewer security audit failures tcp ip Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk Event viewer security audit failures device error File Name Device HarddiskVolume Windows System drivers aswSP sys Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error File Name Device HarddiskVolume Windows System drivers tcpip sys Windows Firewall was unable to notify the user that it blocked an application from accepting incoming connections on the network Error Code I no longer use windows firewall as I now use nod smart security but the tcp ip error concerns me

A:Event viewer security audit failures

Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\drivers\aswSP.sys

+

I now use nod32 smart security

But first error message concern Avast.Make sure you uninstalled Avast exactly - I think isn't.Does exist avast folder on your computer?-If exist remove it

http://www.vistax64.com/software/187471-event-viewer-security-audit-failures.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I was looking at my Event Viewer something I do regularly to make sure everything looks good and there were two quot Failure Audits quot under Security One was a logon logoff one that said quot unknown user name or bad password quot The other one was an account logon attempted by the Microsoft Authentication Package Both of these failures said they occurred today at pm The only time I turned my computer on today was at am and again at am That is the only time any account logging on was done and I have the only account on the computer administrator The Welcome screen always says quot Welcome quot and loads automatically since I only have one account This link looks like the messages but I wasn t doing any quot Welcome Screen quot logging on at the time http support microsoft com kb en-us What could have caused those failures and are they anything to be worried about The only other set of Failure Audits were from last week with the same two messages The only thing that I could have been doing at pm was checking my emails from Outlook but I clicked quot Cancel quot because it was taking too long Is that what caused it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-failure-audit-in-event-viewer.432003/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications - The Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified - The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles 7026), 7: viewer event Windows freeze. and errors intellipoint Event (11, 7000, leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES - The content source lt csc S- - - - - - Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

A:Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603889/windows-7-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-and-event-viewer-freeze/
Relevancy 73.53%

This error is occurring at start up and on a reboot Microsoft Security Essentials seems to be working and updating ok Only thing changed recently was a reinstalled bit driver Microsoft error in Security event Client viewer. for Epson DX printer Microsoft Security Client error in event viewer. Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date Event ID Task Category Session Level Microsoft Security Client error in event viewer. Error Keywords Session User SYSTEM Microsoft Security Client error in event viewer. Computer Barrym-PC Description Session quot Microsoft Security Client OOBE quot stopped due to the following error xC D Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Barrym-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot SessionName quot gt Microsoft Security Client OOBE lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FileName quot gt C ProgramData Microsoft Microsoft Security Client Support EppOobe etl lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot LoggingMode quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Have noticed there is lot's of threads on this topic is there no solution please any help will be much appreciated

A:Microsoft Security Client error in event viewer.

Don't know if this is recommended or not but it seems to be a solution:
(Solved) - Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D ? How-To Geek Forums

Similar things mentioned in this MS thread:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com...7itprosecurity

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/353570-microsoft-security-client-error-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 68.8%

When I look at my security audit this is what I find.Is this normal or do I have a problem?Event Type: Success AuditEvent Source: SecurityEvent Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 540Date: 12/16/2008Time: 7:55:09 AMUser: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGONComputer: KORIA123Description:Successful Network Logon: User Name: Domain: Logon ID: (0x0,0x1DDD1) Logon Type: 3 Logon Process: NtLmSsp Authentication Package: NTLM Workstation Name: Logon GUID: -For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

A:ANONYMOUS LOGON

Does this repeat at intervals - or is there only one of these entries?
Have you scanned for malware?

This can be a legitimate process or it can be malware - so a malware scan would be prudent.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187004/anonymous-logon/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I see in my sec the seurity Log Logon Anonymous about the same that I log on a entry Anonymous Logon I also noticed when I viewed network connections wireless a strange entry with a excellent connection just be infore my router loged on The entry was very quick and what I think I saw was MALVER-API I have also seen attempts to do regedit Explor Defrag and an attempt to insert HKEY code which my self defense denied I also saw utilization of Com and I also found a unregestered HKEY in the attached screen shot My scan s do not find any virus but some entrys did pop up when the computer the computer was attached to the same router as a hijacked computer that the anti virus software shut down as critical On the infected computer I found Broadcom jump initiated and on this computer Application Layer Gateway Services was starting on each boot In addition CFG exe was installed in program files CFG exe is a broadcom utility to connect two computers I have disabled Application Layer Gateway Service and removed CFG exe I have changed my router configuration from WEP to WAP- on the router however I do Anonymous Logon not recognize the gateway I have done a cmd gt ipconfig to confirm my IP and then looked at the client list on the router The client list at times list consecutive IP s even though only one computer is communicating with the router and no other computer is turned on or attached to the router one of the ip s dispayed shows no host and no Mac address while the other is normal However if I refresh the blank ip goes away This computer was formated on - - and I see some api dll s modified on Anonymous Logon - - I have formated the other computer and will format this computer Anonymous Logon again soon but I am concerned about the router and infections are comming by way of a neighbors wireless not broadcast unprotected router and unprotected computer I need to find out the ip address and Mac address of the hacker so that I can block it Attached is a screen shot of Dcom warning which was Not allowed to regester Any body got any pointers

Relevancy 68.8%

I was going through my event viewer looking for something to see if I could find a certain error code and I accidentally clicked on My security tab I saw this Event Type Success Audit Event Source Security Event Category Logon Logoff Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY ANONYMOUS LOGON Computer Computer Name Removed I removed this for posting Description Successful Network Logon User Name Domain Logon Logon Anonymous ID x x D E Logon Type Logon Process NtLmSsp Authentication Package NTLM Workstation Name Logon GUID - - - - For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Now it s there quite a few times and seemingly only when I log on I share this computer with a few others I also am labled on the computer interface as HP Owner instead of the name I had chosen for my desktop I think I set myself up as total admin when I got this new computer Now does anyone have -any- clue what so ever as to why I m getting the whole anonymous logon thing I m running on XP with SP installed on it Came that way All of my updates Anonymous Logon are well up to date I m running AVG virusprotection The free one And Zone Anonymous Logon Alarm I don t know if this has happened before the rd of July as my log isn t going back that far but it does show up on the logs for the rd I m just worried this is a new computer I don t want to ruin it I have a black thumb with computers I think though I m learning Thanks in advance guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anonymous-logon.378028/
Relevancy 67.51%

This happened times in the last hours 156 hours Logon in 24 times Anonymous amp over in the last days Uhh Should I be upset alarmed or concerned Although my account is the only one on the computer and it is listed as an admin account I have received errors which I did not have privledges I do not recall the specifics or times this has happened But almost always when I dl and try to save to C root I am denied Unless these two might be related due to spyware hacker I am not concerned about my privledge issues The Error An account was logged off Subject Security ID Anonymous Logon 156 times in 24 hours ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Name ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x Logon Type This event is generated when a logon session is destroyed It may be positively correlated with a logon event using the Logon ID value Logon IDs are only unique between reboots on the same computer -System -Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Guid - - -A BA- E B C D EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x -TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation-Execution ProcessID ThreadID ChannelSecurityComputerDaddy-PCSecurity -EventData TargetUserSidS- - - TargetUserNameANONYMOUS LOGONTargetDomainNameNT AUTHORITYTargetLogonId x LogonType This happened times in the last hours amp over in the last days Uhh Should I be upset alarmed or concerned

A:Anonymous Logon 156 times in 24 hours

Concerned . Run a thorouh anti virus check and malware check.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...35(WS.10).aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/77028-anonymous-logon-156-times-24-hours.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Thanks for any help.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5603
Date: 28/11/2006
Time: 17:57:33
User: USER-2F62D3344E\user
Computer: USER-2F62D3344E
Description:
A provider, OffProv11, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS11, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

A:What's this event in event viewer? (event source WinMgmt)

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;891642
this might help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whats-this-event-in-event-viewer-event-source-winmgmt-128694.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hello to anyone who can help...
unfortunately, i did a dumb thing...
inside the event viewer, then under custom views, there WERE two options

1) administrative events
2) summary bla bla .....

well i selected the summary one, and clicked DELETE over on the right hand side of the window there it says ACTIONS...

does anyone know how i can get this back? or restore it?

thanks for any help...

A:windows 7 event viewer

If another does not come by with another answer, try system restore.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/106417-windows-7-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All,

Things have largely settled down with my Windows 10 upgrade, however I still get a flurry of Errors and Warnings whenever I shutdown and start my system.

When I shutdown correctly there are always 4 instances of Error 7031 generated. They refer to Service Control Manager and relate to User Data Access, User Data Storage, Contact Data and Sync Host and always state that the services terminated unexpectedly even though the Start/Power/Shutdown process was followed. There is usually a 10010 Error as well, referring to NLInternal.Sharedrecoactivation.

On Start I also get a flurry of Warning 200, 201, 202 and 219 as well. The 200, 201 and 202 warnings seem to relate to Windows 10 phoning home to Microsoft and not being able to.

In spite of this the system is working ok.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rob

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-event-viewer-1082121.html
Relevancy 66.22%

EDIT: Moving this from 98 to XP as I believe you mis posted~~boopmeHey again -- I was looking through my config/driver/device files before doing a clean install w/Win 7. This Event Viewer shows many "Warning" entries about 2 months ago with messages like "Could not detect IIs installation module or IIS is disabled, skipping the Web Host script mappings component..." and "Your IP address xx.xxx etc. with Network Card xxxxxx is already in use on the network..." and under services (I think) it showed thing like "Remote registry editor enabled and started" along with my Alerter service having been disabled (says its to Alert Admin of any funny business). Are these normal errors or are they footprints of the intrusion I experienced? I'm trying to isolate where this might have come from. All entries before these were free of any Warnings. Thanks again!

A:Windows XP Pro Event Viewer

Hi,You're probably looking for the Windows XP Home and Professional board here, not the 95/98/ME one. IIS is the built-in webserver that comes with XP Pro. That's not too important. The warning with the IP address is only a problem if you're trying to allocate a static IP that's already used up and can't get into the internet. The "remote registry editor" thing is troublesome, as it allows anyone with your IP and admin password to edit your registry. I suggest you go into Administrative Tools -> Services and disable the Remote Registry service. I'm unsure of the Alerter problem, as I've never encountered it before.This may be linked to an intrusion, but you should disable the Remote Registry service ASAP.Cheers,--TroyEDIT: Thanks for the move, boop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334788/windows-xp-pro-event-viewer/
Relevancy 65.79%

I was running DMark and got a BSOD code After that every Event and every time Logs BSOD After 3011 ID Event I boot Viewer 3012 time I boot Event Viewer logs Error Codes ID and Attached are screenshots of both I googled this and found two different threads where someone suggested to rebuild the performance counters After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot Both responses were basically the same below is one Neither of the OP's came back and said if this worked for After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot them Re LoadPerf Hi- I had the same problem with LoadPerf and here is what I found out All performance counter names and explain text are maintained in string tables managed by the performance counter subsystem Perflib The current contents of the performance counter string tables are corrupted and cannot be displayed To correct the problem rebuild the string tables User Action To rebuild the string tables on the computer that displayed the message at the command After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot prompt type Lodctr r The contents of the string tables are automatically rebuilt I hope this helps Since this was from XP and the other response was for Vista I wanted to see if the guru's at SevenForums thought that this was okay before I did this Here are the screenshoots of my two errors

A:After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot

Rebuilding the string tables as outlined in my first post fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305115-after-bsod-event-viewer-logs-event-id-3012-3011-every-time-i-boot.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - quot Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications quot 7000, viewer errors event (11, and Event intellipoint freeze. 7026), - quot The Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified quot - quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX quot - quot Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES quot - quot The content source lt csc S- - - - - - - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x quot I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390571-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-event-viewer-freeze.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - quot Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list intellipoint Event freeze. (11, viewer 7026), event errors and 7000, of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications quot - quot The Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified quot - quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX quot - quot Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES quot - quot The content source lt csc S- - - - - - - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x quot I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

A:Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze.

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!
Please contact an admin to move this thread, because this isn't the appropriate section for these kinds of problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390571-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-event-viewer-freeze.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I was hoping somebody could offer an insight on the below as searching around I've not found much to go on other than quot overheating quot Basically my laptop has Home (W7 event 18/19 Viewer errors WHEA-Logger in Event Premium) been having very high temperatures for a long time usually C for CPU and often - for GPU insanely high in other words For example see how hot the machine gets just by resuming from a sleep this is all within a minute or so I have been seeing the following error in event viewer each time I start Windows entries for some time So today I bit the bullet and had the back cover off the laptop and noticed what a bad state the thermal compound was in for both the CPU and the chipset WHEA-Logger event 18/19 errors in Event Viewer (W7 Home Premium) chip so wiped it off using TIM Cleaner and then applied new thermal compound and put the laptop back together I was actually shocked because for the first time since I can remember I could feel cold air blowing from the vents of my laptop I logged into Windows and noticed that my temperatures had fallen and were staying at around the below Not as low as I'd like but a massive improvement Trouble is I am still getting the WHEA-Logger event errors in Windows Event Viewer 'processor core' and wondered if this was not in regards to overheating after all The plus side is my laptop is now almost totally silent - the way it must have been when I bought it new years ago But I was wondering how to investigate these WHEA-Logger errors if anyone has any advice that'd be great Thanks PS - I think I accidentally got some TIM Cleaner spilt on the carpet Might be nothing to worry about but I did notice the quot Harmful quot hazard symbol on the bottle - need I be worried and no I am not talking about the carpet talking about me and wondering how harmful it actually is lol Cheers

A:WHEA-Logger event 18/19 errors in Event Viewer (W7 Home Premium)

First, well done on applying the thermal paste to the cpu/gpu. I assume you cleaned the vents as well. Did you use arctic silver 5 (just curious)?

I wonder if the processor could have been damaged from the heat. Are you experiencing any BSODs or other problems? You can run Prime95 to test your system. And Furmark for gpu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210307-whea-logger-event-18-19-errors-event-viewer-w7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I'm new on Windows 10 forum.

Could you have a look at my errors that appear in Event Viewer, are they bad do need fixing, are they affecting the OS in a negative way, what's your advice?

The errors below which you can't see are all 10010 and one is 10016.

Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/54982-windows-event-viewer-errors.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Everytime I turn my computer on after windows loads I would say about minutes or so this WindowsEvenViewer crap pops up in Internet Explorer window It shows as a computer code I cannot Popup Event Viewer Windows for the life of me get rid of it I have run full scans with Malewarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware as Windows Event Viewer Popup well as a full CCleaner cleanup Still shows up how do I get rid of this crap and why is it showing up lt xml version encoding UTF- gt lt xsl stylesheet xmlns xsl http www w org XSL Transform version gt lt -- The indent for child nodes -- gt lt xsl variable name indent gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- The indent for attributes -- gt lt xsl variable name AttributeIndent gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- The font and font Windows Event Viewer Popup size to be used -- gt lt xsl variable name FontFamily gt Segoe UI lt xsl variable gt lt xsl variable name FontFamily FixWidth gt Courier New lt xsl variable gt lt xsl variable name FontSize gt lt xsl variable gt lt xsl variable name FontStyle gt font-family 'Segoe UI' lt xsl variable gt lt -- Vertical align style of table items -- gt lt xsl variable name VerticalAlignStyle gt vertical-align top lt xsl variable gt lt -- The width for and - sign column -- gt lt xsl variable name SignColumnWidth gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- The element name column width -- gt lt xsl variable name ElementNameColumnWidth gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- The attribute name column width -- gt lt xsl variable name AttributeNameColumnWidth gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- locID text WordsFormat -- gt lt xsl variable name WordsFormat gt In Words lt xsl variable gt lt -- locID text BytesFormat -- gt lt xsl variable name BytesFormat gt In Bytes lt xsl variable gt lt xsl template match gt lt -- Match Event regardless of namespace -- gt lt html gt lt head gt lt meta content text javascript http-equiv Content-Script-Type gt lt head gt lt -- Test whether there is binary data -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl when test descendant contains local-name 'Binary' gt lt -- locID text BinaryDataCaption locComment Caption for Binary Data -- gt lt xsl variable name BinaryDataCaption gt Binary data lt xsl variable gt lt xsl variable name BinaryData gt lt xsl value-of select descendant contains local-name 'Binary' gt lt xsl variable gt lt body onload window fullyLoaded 'true' ToggleSystemElement ProcessBinaryData ' BinaryData ' ' BinaryDataCaption ' ' WordsFormat ' ' BytesFormat ' ' FontFamily ' ' FontFamily FixWidth ' id body gt lt xsl for-each select node gt lt -- Treat EventData specially -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl when test name 'EventData' gt lt xsl call-template name EventDataNode gt lt xsl when gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl call-template name node gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl for-each gt lt body gt lt xsl when gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt -- No binary data -- gt lt body onload window fullyLoaded true ToggleSystemElement id body gt lt xsl for-each select node gt lt -- Treat EventData specially -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl when test name 'EventData' gt lt xsl call-template name EventDataNode gt lt xsl when gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl call-template name node gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl for-each gt lt body gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl choose gt lt html gt lt xsl template gt lt xsl template name node gt lt -- Is this a pure text node like the inner text inside lt node gt inner text lt node gt -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl when test count node and string-length and not name gt lt table cellspacing border gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt td nowrap true width SignColumnWidth gt lt td style FontStyle VerticalAlignStyle gt lt xsl value-of select gt lt td gt lt xsl when gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt -- Not a pure text node-- gt lt xsl choose gt lt -- Does this node contains attributes -- gt lt xsl when test count gt lt -- Yes contains attributes we need to make it collapsable -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt -- Does this node contains only text like lt node gt inner text lt node gt -- gt lt... Read more

A:Windows Event Viewer Popup

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520110/windows-event-viewer-popup/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am running windows xp on a pc I just recieved it s not new a little background may be necessary please bear with me physically there are two hdds connected to the mb they are sata and I noticed in my computer that only one hdd was reported it was c and is roughly the same size as the two hdd combined same in disk manager says c is ntfs and partition same in bios says one hdd called C is DVD-R when I tried to install something it through out a registry write error followed by bcc bug check code error I looked up the product usually memory followed by small mem dump error it did this several times outside of install as well so my friend said to wipe the hdd and start over with a fresh copy of windows we didn t know which hdd was quot c quot so we plugged one in at a time to find out with the hdd on the top there was no response at all even after several attempts at the power button with the bottom hdd only some gobbledeegook came up with a spinning line on the end then said something like quot no boot record found quot then we tried switching the ends of the cables in the hdds around and normal boot again I guess I am old school b c I am accustomed to both hdds connected to the mb by a single ribbon with the primary in the middle and the secondary on the end and the primary being responsible for the boot process not both quot simultaniously XP Windows viewer errors event quot so we thought the hdd Windows XP event viewer errors were somehow quot linked quot so he told me it s not a good idea if I get a virus I ll lose all data and not just os so he said he would quot separate quot them by unpartitioning and repartitioning them to make one c operating system and one d programs the hdd are identical in every way and gb each he attempted it then he installed his copy of windows xp on it and cpuid and firefox and that s all that will fit now quot my computer quot reports that gb of space is being used and the rest is free the total amount of hdd space reported in my computer is still for one hdd and the same size of both hdd together even after he did this windows reports that there is not enough space on the hdd s it s strange b c two programs somehow remained on the hdd s after the quot wipe quot something called RAID and GeForce Now the registry error event id comes up windows was unable to load the registry this is often caused by insufficient mem or insufficient security rights Detail error performing inpage operation for I documents and settings michele walker ntuser dat which leads me to the other problem but later windows reports that it was able to successfully load a previous existing registry then it says that any changes I make to the account will not be saved once I reboot the pc I am not understanding what this means exactly to be able to describe it correctly btw the hdd was labelled c before he did it now it s I and one of the quot drives with removable storage quot in the list in quot my computer quot is labelled c I would prefer the master to be labelled c but i know I can t have everything i want In the event viewer I have these errors warnings app warning A provider Rsop planning Mode provider has been registered in the WMI namespace root Rsop but did not specify the hosting model property This provider will be run using the Local System Account This account is privilaged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests Ensure that the provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the hosting model property of the provider registration to an account with the least privilages possible for the required functionality other providers registered in the wmi namespace event id CmdTrigger Consumer - CmdTrigger CIMv and event id HighperfCooker v and event id and that are related to I believe are also in the event viewer I went to the the http go microsoft com fwlink events asp website but the directions to solve this do not come up in the list under the eve... Read more

A:Windows XP event viewer errors

this has been a learning experience for me no doubt! I have discovered that the provider and hosting stuff is normal, yay! but now I have hdd failure may be imminent, and unfortunately, the raid is striped. but it's not failed yet...lol I am holding out hope that I can salvage the other hdd. They can't both have a bad block, physically, just because they are striped or partitioned, I think. so I want to take the other one out and then maybe I can adapt it into my dell. I don't see why I should have to lose both hdd. but that's my problem, I don't see... hahaha well, I get there eventually, at least close anyway. anyway the error is Harddisk 0\D RO has predicted it will fail. back up yadda yadda. Harddisk 0/D has a bad block. so I did a chkdisk on d and it says the file system is RAW. I wonder if that is why the top hdd would not boot up on its own, or it could be because they are striped idk. I can't recall a time when on an ide master slave set up that I unplugged the slave and booted up to see what would happen. so I don't know if they "need" each other even under "normal" circumstances. Now, "I" harddisk is 0, so a must be 1, c (removable disk with storage) must be 2, and d (cdrom-rw) must be 3 and e (dvd-rw must be 4 and so on. I think. In event viewer it says that cdrom 3 has a bad block, I don't want to see another event log for a long time once all this is done, and when I try to use it windows says it can't read drive c..lol this is loads of fun!!! and even more fun when you are clueless!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-event-viewer-errors.983817/
Relevancy 65.79%

I really like 7, but I still remember some things in XP that I preferred.

That said, I can't find a way to clean out the Event Viewer in 7. Can it be done?

Relevancy 65.79%

Getting Thousands of Errors 240 in Event Viewer under Application and Service Logs, Microsoft, Windows, Application Resource Management System. Have been pulling my hair out over this one Have tried everything I have found elsewhere. Anyone have the answer.

A:Windows 8 Pro Event Viewer error.

Event Viewer is there to let scammers phone you up and scare you into paying money. But seriously have you noticed anything wrong? What have you installed recently try uninstalling them.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25738-windows-8-pro-event-viewer-error.html
Relevancy 65.36%

It's been a while since I've experienced a BSOD as I'm viewing a video on youtube It would freeze as if the audio was caught watching videos Event Event BSOD Viewer on 41 in youtube, when in mid-stream then BSOD then would restart automatically I go to Event Viewer after windows as loaded and I see Event Kernel-Power in there I had this issue before and we found out that the motherboard was causing the issue I BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer have also replaced my video card and added BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer additional memory and expanded to gb Before I only have gb Ran sfc scannow with no errors found Going to do chkdsk as well It's strange because this does not happen at all when I'm playing online games or even just standard browsing It's when I play videos on youtube that there would be instances where this would happen There are other times where I can view them without any issue at all Any ideas would be great Also how can I attach the windows DMP file to scale it down as it is just really large Thanks again guys

A:BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer

Hello Santos, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324644-bsod-when-watching-videos-youtube-event-41-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

EDIT: ARGH, sorry, meant to post this in General Discussion forum, I have no idea if it is a network issue.

Hello everyone,

I keep seeing this error appear several times a day, even during idle, in my Event Viewer. I did a clean install of build 10586 less than a month ago. I'm not having any overt issues yet, but the error is disturbing.

SettingSyncHost (9144) {979B90BD-0F81-4D83-B038-62032DD17C47}: Database C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb: Index deleteDetection of table items is corrupted (0).
I have spent a few hours researching this and I can't find any reports of similar issues or even what the file metastore\meta.edb is for. Is this hopefully one I can just rename and it'll automatically create a new one?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32490-event-viewer-errors-settingsynchost-source-esent-event-467-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 65.36%

After too many The 8.1 supported is request logs. Pro, (50) Viewer cannot open Win not event Event unexplained problems I decided to reinstall Windows Pro x and migrate off of SBS Standard In addition to the primary workstation that can't read any event logs I built five Server R servers Hyper-V host Active Directory VM Exchange VM SQL Server VM Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) and WSUS VM I was diagnosing why my workstation's Outlook cannot reach the local Exchange Server nbsp nbsp I tried to look at the event logs and Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) found the Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view nbsp Verify that Event Log service is running it is or the query is too long whatever that indicates nbsp The request is not supported Looking at the directory of the event logs folder nbsp It appears that most logs are empty which is understandable since Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) it's a rebuilt installation nbsp I found a small number of Applications and Services Logs and it appears nothing was logged since six days ago on nbsp nbsp On support forums I found many have this exact problem on Win Win and Win nbsp Of the solutions posted none of them would even execute on my Win Pro x machine nbsp I tried clearing the event logs WEVTUTIL CL logfilename and am told Failed to clear log The request is not supported nbsp It's very difficult to diagnose why Outlook cannot reach Exchange even if Outlook is installed on the Exchange server machine just as a test nbsp The web-based Outlook owa ecp all work fine nbsp Email is coming and going nbsp nbsp This may appear cynical but I'm sure Microsoft would tell me to refresh the Windows Pro X machine even though I just reinstalled from scratch nbsp Let's clarify I had to Install Win Pro to upgrade to Pro in order to upgrade that to Windows Pro nbsp I tested the refresh some time ago and found it left my machine in a mess nbsp That is why I'm doing a complete new installation I already tried SFC nbsp Someone must understand the problem so a solution can be found and documented When I discuss this rebuild effort of workstation and servers I tell people if this doesn't work out then I'll make the move to Linux nbsp I have many Linux and UNIX workstations and servers sitting around here so the temptation is eating away at me br type moz - Michael Faklis

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22647500-d985-42bd-b156-6b699d7f941f/win-81-pro-event-viewer-cannot-open-event-logs-the-request-is-not-supported-50?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

Well I tryed to manage page-file but unfortunataly it resulted in problems Then I lost VAIO-CARE and ZIP files too When I open Event Viewer every single day I see this event Viewer 2002, EapHost, Log Event Source: Application Event Id Id Souce Eap Host Log name Application and number of Eventes As I am desparate about that What sould I do Reinstall VAIO-care or WHAT Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application else Please help me Well I can say that before of all I tryed to install vopt latest version but it was not freeware and I soon had to uninstall it but it was not getting to uninstall from programs and features and then I used register editor to delete the leftovers which desapered from program and features but I can see several error in event viewr such as Event MsInstaller gt gt gt gt Product Vaio Media Plus -- Error - An instalation for the product Vaio Media Plus cannot be found Try the installation again using a valid copy of the instalation package 'VMP VEPMMx msi' So should I reinstall all vaio care or not By the way I tryed to install vopt in order to align files in hard drive but when I tryed to manage page file it did not work as should have so I lost vaio care What to do can you figure out what going on

A:Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application

Welcome to the forums Marioo!

Have you tried a system restore to a point before these errors started? (Easiest things first) You could also try a sfc/scannow, to find and possibly repair any corrupted system files. We have many fine tutorials here at the forums, written by some very knowledgeable people, heres a link to one if you haven't did this before :

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319083-event-viewer-event-id-2002-source-eaphost-log-application.html
Relevancy 65.36%

System event not recording anything. It is empty, says "date is invalid(13)".

I have some flaky things going on like unexplained CPU spikes causing slowdowns and mouse drag. Also have video problems screen going blank then recovery.

I have reloaded video drivers to no avail. No system lockups or BSODs. I need to see system event log to debug. Other event logs OK. I am proficient on PC and have searched for event log problem. The Event Log service is running. Thanks.

hp pavilion dv9000
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.23, 10/3/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Adapter Type GeForce 8400M GS, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)

A:Solved: Vista, Event Viewer - system event log not recording

Did you check the - %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\System.evtx file? It may be corrupted and you may want to rename it to .old and let it recreate itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-event-viewer-system-event-log-not-recording.793436/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been looking through my Windows Event Event laptop 10 my Windows Viewer queries on Log lately and see a lot of errors that I would like to get cleaned up if possible and was hoping I could have some advice on why they might be occurring and how to fix them The main ones Event Viewer queries on my Windows 10 laptop occurring consistently are ESENT ID varies Kernel-PNP and DistributedCOM and The most common are ESENT and DistributedCOM errors and I would like to fix them if possible DistributedCOM error ID - quot The server E F - EBE- - - E FE D did not register with DCOM within the required timeout quot ID - quot The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID D B C -BB - -A F-E B D and APPID CA EE -ACB - C -AFC -AB C to the user NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM SID S- - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool quot These above happen multiple times a day Kernel-PNP ID - quot The driver Driver WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT WPD quot ESENT Errors ID - quot SettingSyncHost A D-ED - EFB- D - C A E F A request to write to the file quot C Users Alex AppData Local Microsoft Windows SettingSync metastore meta edb quot at offset x for x bytes succeeded but took an abnormally long time seconds to be serviced by the OS This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem quot ID - quot SettingSyncHost An attempt to open the file quot C Users Alex AppData Local Microsoft Windows SettingSync remotemetastore v meta edb quot for read only access failed with system error x quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot The open file operation will fail with error - xfffffbf quot ID - quot RemindersServer CortanaCoreInstance A request to read from the file quot C Users Alex AppData Local Packages Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy LocalState ESEDatabase CortanaCoreInstance CortanaCoreDb dat quot at offset x for x bytes succeeded but took an abnormally long time seconds to be serviced by the OS This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem quot ID - quot svchost Unistore A request to read from the file quot C Users Alex AppData Local Comms UnistoreDB store vol quot at offset x for x bytes succeeded but took an abnormally long time seconds to be serviced by the OS This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem quot ID - quot wuaueng dll SUS ClientDataStore Flush map file quot C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution DataStore DataStore jfm quot will be deleted Reason ReadHdrFailed quot ID - quot wuaueng dll SUS ClientDataStore Error - validating header page on flush map file quot C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution DataStore DataStore jfm quot The flush map file will be invalidated Additional information SignDbHdrFromDb Create time Rand Computer SignFmHdrFromDb Create time Rand Computer SignDbHdrFromFm Create time Rand Computer SignFmHdrFromFm Create time Rand Computer quot These are just a few examples of the errors that are constantly appearing in the event log viewer multiple times daily I don't know if they are impacting performance but I would certainly like to rule them out Anyone have any ideas how Any help much appreciated Alex

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/59936-event-viewer-queries-my-windows-10-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Windows bit shut down and restarted on it's own on info. own it's Windows Viewer 7 - Event shuts down days ago and then completely shut down on it's own when I stepped Windows 7 shuts down on it's own - Event Viewer info. away from my laptop the next day and again last night while I was asleep Sorry I'm not a programmer and am not sure what info you may need to analyze this situation but here is what was in the Event Viewer the first day this happened under Summary of Admin Events Event Type Event ID Source Log Last hr hrs days Error Bonjour Svc App Security-SPP App Security-SPP App Distributed COM Sys Warning RTL Sys Windows Update Client Sys DNS Client Events Sys WLAN-AutoConfig Sys Audit Failure MS Windows Security Audit Security The temperature info is Processor Info Model Mobile Intel Core Duo T Merom- M Platform Socket P mFCPGA- Frequency MHz x VID v Revision MO Lithography nm CPUID x FD Processor Temperature Readings Tj Max C Low High Core C C C Core C C C Thanks ahead of time

A:Windows 7 shuts down on it's own - Event Viewer info.

First place to start update the realtek driver.

Driver Install - Device Manager

The more difficult way, but the best way
How to Find Drivers
search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone - will help you search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- - if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/113786-windows-7-shuts-down-its-own-event-viewer-info.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello:

I have a "new" Toshiba laptop but the person that uses it tells me that a lot of the applications crash, internet is very slow, printing fails randomly, etc.

Attached are some of the screen shoots from the event viewer.

Ran a chkdsk but it didn't find any errors.

Does this sounds like a HW problem?

Thanks and help is greatly appreciated.

A:Windows XP event viewer shows a lot of errors

The first error says that Outlook restarted in Outlook Safe Mode, but didn't say why. Restart Outlook in Normal Mode and see if it repeats the error.
The Second Error is for Acrobat Reader. In Reader go to Edit/Preferences/General/and uncheck Enable Protected Mode at Startup.
The Third Error is about Internet Explorer but it didn't say what.
The Last Error is that a document did not print to the Cute PDF printer. Try uninstalling Cute PDF Restart and then reinstall it. Or save the document as a PDF, open it in Cute PDF and send it to your default printer.
As for your other problems, download CCleaner and analyze the drive and cleanup the temp files it finds.
Then download Malwarebytes and run a full scan.
If you're having problems with printing, download an updated driver for your printer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-event-viewer-shows-a-lot-of-errors-581262.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I started up my computer and Windows explorer randomly froze up and hung I didnt do anything to provoke it I just sat here waiting for my computer to boot up Then when I thought it was finished I opened firefox Then Windows explorer just freezes completely I tried doing windows key r It opened the run window but it froze Then I tried moving my mouse on the right to open up the charm bar I explorer I in viewer? Windows can Where event find think it's called that Where can I find Windows explorer in event viewer? to hit settings and then restart When I clicked settings the whole bar just closed out and would close out every time I right clicked on the task bar to try and open task manager When I clicked on task manager it wouldn't ever open So I couldn't even shut down properly I just pushed the power button Then I turned it on again and the same Where can I find Windows explorer in event viewer? exact thing happened So I shut it off again Then I turned it back on and went to msconfig before it froze up and I set it to boot into safe mode Then I got into safe mode and ran a malware bytes scan and an avast scan Nothing came up on either so I just went back to normal boot The problem stopped now but I want to know what caused that whole thing to happen because it hasn't happened to me before So I want to look at event viewer to see if that'll explain it Where would I find that at in event viewer

A:Where can I find Windows explorer in event viewer?

Go to Control Panel , open Administrative Tools . The Event viewer is the 5th option in the list .
Hope this helps .
j
note the Control Panel can be accessed from the All apps list on the start screen or the Desktop toolbar
note 2 the problem should show in Windows Logs under System or Application

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38190-where-can-i-find-windows-explorer-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I was checking event viewer and I noticed something that caught my attention two days ago on the th I noticed this ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Update started downloading an update Restart Required To complete the installation of the following updates the computer will be restarted within minutes ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Basically I was viewer windows update question, event 8 wondering why didn't my computer restart when it was supposed to Which was right after the install completed In the event viewer it even said that the system will restart in minutes but it never did the next restart was logged on the morning of the th Looked further into it and I saw the same thing reoccurred again earlier I notice windows 8 update question, event viewer this has happened before as well I check event viewer and last month I saw the same thing ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ windows 8 update question, event viewer Restart Required To complete the installation of the following updates the computer will be restarted within minutes Yet no restart took place after this ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- same thing Restart Required To complete the installation of the following updates the computer will be restarted within minutes Microsoft ZuneVideo - Microsoft BingSports - Microsoft BingHealthAndFitness - Microsoft BingWeather - Microsoft BingNews - Microsoft BingFoodAndDrink -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yet no restart took place after minutes the next time the PC was restarted was actually a day later I'm really confused Why does event viewer say that my PC was supposed to shut down in minutes and then doesn't

A:windows 8 update question, event viewer

Hi Grecoc38 My guess is that the Windows Update are configured with the following option: "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installation". Which means that if you are logged in and there's scheduled updates to install, your computer will not restart. On Windows 8/8.1, it'll tell you in the Windows Update window that updates are scheduled to be installed on the next restart, while on Windows 7 it used to prompt you a message saying that updates have been installed and to reboot (and you could delay that). In other words, I wouldn't worry about it and consider it a normal behavior of Windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583501/windows-8-update-question-event-viewer/
Relevancy 64.93%

Various forums I have visited yield no answers, only a multitude of other users asking the same question

There are no headings in the console, it is blank, while all the requisite services are running

and I am stumped.

Tx,
Joe

Relevancy 64.93%

Just after a system recovery on both C/ and D/ drives, the following screen is displayed in Windows Event Viewer
Application Error Records 64KB
Security Audit Records 64KB
System Error Records 64KB.
Is this normal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-event-viewer-after-system-recovery.306316/
Relevancy 64.93%

HiI have an HP laptop which has a single HDD It has been showing about a dozen or more errors as below -The device Device Harddisk DR has a bad block After checking possible solutions on several websites I ran CHKDSK C F R X which ran after system restart It proceeded upto smoothly but at halted for minutes and at kept processing for over minutes and instead of completing upto it just restarted couple of times and the system said it has completed the in Event Viewer shows 8.1 bad Windows sectors task and then rebooted once more and showed my Windows login screen as usual On checking the Event Viewer in Windows 8.1 shows bad sectors log entry in Event Viewer- Windows Logs- Application Log in a wininit entry it showed the chkdsk details which showed only K in bad sectors and no major issues otherwise Please note that I found Windows hang often about days ago and chose to reinstall OS through Recovery process which went off smoothly However these bad sector entries in Event Viewer have again cropped up and seem to make the system hang of and on Would be grateful if anyone can help me resolve the issue permanently Of course having the defective Hard Disk replaced is the last option but I won't be able to migrate my Recovery partition to a new HDD though I have Recovery DVDs Thank you Ramesh

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/event-viewer-in-windows-81-shows-bad-sectors/2241.html
Relevancy 64.93%

HELP.
I have been here before and tried everything so far. whenever I switch on my computer I get the small shield that tells me updates are ready. When I try to install them they tell be theey have failed. I have checked my events viewer and it tells me that I get recurring errors on the RasMan and Service control manager. That the Rasman failed to start because the RASRPC module failed to initilise. I am certain that this is causing my updates to fail. I have tried to uninstall the SP Service pack 3 both automatically and manually and each time it failes almost three quarters of the way through. So far it is interruptiny my seecuity system..

Paul

A:Windows updates and event viewer errors

Try running Dial-a-fix:http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix#Standard_version

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179704/windows-updates-and-event-viewer-errors/
Relevancy 64.93%

Guys I am getting this error - times each day I pulled up the Windows Event Viewer and here is my biggest one The application-specific permission Event in Windows Errors Viewer Vista settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with Event Viewer Errors in Windows Vista CLSID C A - C - D - F - F CD to the user Helen-PC Helen SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Detail info - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt Event Viewer Errors in Windows Vista System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Helen-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - - - - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt application-specific lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Local lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Activation lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C A - C - D - F - F CD lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Helen-PC lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Helen lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt S- - - - - - - lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt LocalHost Using LRPC lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-errors-in-windows-vista.839713/
Relevancy 64.93%

In the Event Viewer subscriptions section I clicked YES by mistake as shown above I didn t intend to create a subscription and after that in order to cancel this change I set Windows Event collector service Wecsvc s startup type to disabled from the command prompt with these commands sc stop quot Wecsvc quot and then sc config quot Wecsvc quot start disabled But later I googled it and saw that the default startup type of Wecsvc for windows Ultimate X should be set to Manual therefore I changed this from disabled to Manual from start gt gt services gt gt Windows event collector gt gt manual After these changes Wecsvc is shown as stopped from the task manager now My first question is I ve also checked Wersvc Windows error reporting service from the task manager and it is shown as Viewer problem Event subscriptions Windows stopped too From the services it is set to manual and it has no dependencies Is this Windows Event Viewer subscriptions problem the default startup type for Wersvc My second and also the most important question is Did these changes especially activating the subscriptions from the event viewer modify only the startup type of Wecsvc Windows Event Collector Service Or modify the startup type of Wersvc or any other services and or settings as well If latter is true how can I fix this Thanks in advance

A:Windows Event Viewer subscriptions problem

Today ,I noticed another problem:svchost.exe consumes too much CPU at startup(up to %70 ,twice)and then falls to normal after 3-4 minutes.I looked from the task manager the services that svchost is related:Windows Driver Foundation -User-mode Driver Framework (wudfsvc)Desktop Window Manager Session manager (UxSms)Distributed Link Tracking Client (TrkWks)Superfetch (SysMain)Program Compability Assistant Service (PcaSvc)Network Connections(Netman)Offline Files (CscService)Windows Audio Endpoint Builder (AudioEndpointBuilder)All of them are OK except CscService service because I didn't make any syncronization.And this service is running all the time.Does this service , CscService , runs at startup for windows 7 ultimate as default? (startup type = automatic(started)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457790/windows-event-viewer-subscriptions-problem/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello yesterday I opened up Event Viewer on my windows machine and found this Subject Security ID NULL SID Account Name - Account Domain - Logon ID x Logon Type New Logon Security ID ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Name ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x ef Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID x Process Name - Network Information Workstation Name Source Network Address - Source Port - Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process NtLmSsp Authentication Package NTLM Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only NTLM V Key Length - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Guid - not sure if I can post this EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel Security Computer Me-PC Security - EventData SubjectUserSid S- - - SubjectUserName - SubjectDomainName - SubjectLogonId x TargetUserSid -Win7 Windows dilemma Event Viewer S- - - TargetUserName ANONYMOUS LOGON TargetDomainName NT AUTHORITY TargetLogonId x ef LogonType LogonProcessName NtLmSsp AuthenticationPackageName NTLM WorkstationName LogonGuid - - - - TransmittedServices - LmPackageName NTLM V KeyLength ProcessId x ProcessName - IpAddress - IpPort - It occurs pretty much everytime I log on along with the other standard logon reports I'm on a wi-fi network with a couple other of my computers not in any way Windows Event Viewer dilemma -Win7 concerned about them someone suggested that it might have to do with folder sharing- however Windows Event Viewer dilemma -Win7 I have that turned off Now I'm concerned about someone accesing my network without my knowledge These kinds of logs have been occuring for just over a year- Windows Event Viewer dilemma -Win7 about two weeks younger than my oldest Event Viewer security logs Before that most log were like this Key file operation Subject Security ID LOCAL SERVICE Account Name LOCAL SERVICE Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x e Cryptographic Parameters Provider Name Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider Algorithm Name Not Available Key Name removed this Key Type Machine key Key File Operation Information File Path C ProgramData Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys removed this too Operation Read persisted key from file Return Code x If someone could help me out I would be very grateful since this has been nagging on me for the past couple of days I searched on google and people with similar logs have been told that theirs are signs of intrustion But their logs all had a key lenght of my log has and under network information they had worstation names and ip adresses my log show a dash under ip adress and nothing under workstation Could someone gain acess and conceal these things or delete them later on The main thing that bugs me is that the logon type is network this shouldn't be the case if this is some standard operation of my system or should it Could it be a part of a programs routine like Avast Again if someone could help me out with this it would mean a lot to me

A:Windows Event Viewer dilemma -Win7

If you are concerned about possible intrusion, there are several steps you can take to make life much harder for any intruder :

1  Make sure your firewall is active
2  If you are using a router, ensure that security, preferably WPA2-PSK, is in use
3  Change the access password on your router to anything except the default. Type your router's IP address into the address bar on your browser to access its control panel. A very common address is 192.168.0.1, but yours may be different. You may found it on a label on the router or in its documentation.

It is also possible you have been infected with malware. Download and run Malwarebytes, which you can get from here :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

If this shows up any problems that it is unable to deal with itself, then raise a topic in the 'Am I infected' section of BC and include a link to this topic. If you do post there, be patient - these people are all volunteers and busy!  Once you have posted there don't make any changes to your computer unless you are asked to, and if you don't understand something you are asked to do, post back for clarification.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530154/windows-event-viewer-dilemma-win7/
Relevancy 64.93%

I would like to ask you for help to fix following problem
Since app. mid. July I have found the following warning in the Event Viewer /the same repeating even a few times a day / :
(the reanslation made by me from original Polish in the Even Viewer so please apology for possible not so proper expressions)
ID:3037 Warning Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
 The search could not be started on content source <mapi15://{S-1-5-21-1287633286-651115146-4152900111-1001}/>.
Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog
Details:  The specified address has been already reprocessed during this update. This information get during alerts reprocessing means that the alerts are excessive or instead of request to add there should be used request to modify  (HRESULT
: 0x80040d0d) (0x80040d0d).
Would appreciate your explanation and advices how to fix it.
Thank you in advance and best regards,
 Ewa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e5f5127-0d8a-4572-823c-078ebfa29281/warning-in-the-event-viewer-from-search-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.93%

Have had a number of problems and i was advised to look in the Event Viewer The errors in Application are as follows Error Application ErrorFaulting application iexplore exe version faulting module urlmon dll version fault address x Error Edition Home In Viewer Xp Windows Event Aplication Errorfaulting application msimn exe version faulting module urlmon dll version fault address x a Error MessengerThe description for Event ID in Source Messenger cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message dll files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use Event Viewer In Windows Xp Home Edition the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description See Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event msnmsgr exe shdocvw dll Error Application ErrorFaulting application vsmon exe version faulting module vsmon exe Event Viewer In Windows Xp Home Edition fault address x d de Error MsInstallerUnexpected or missing value name PackageName value quot in key HKLM Software Classes Installer Products B CF F BE E Source List Error Crypt Failed auto update retrieval of Event Viewer In Windows Xp Home Edition third-party root list sequence number from lt http www download windowsupdate com msdownload update v static trustedr en authrootseq txt gt with error This operation returned because the timeout period expired Could someone please explain what all this is about and if necessary any remedial steps to be untaked Many thanks MB

A:Event Viewer In Windows Xp Home Edition

Reboot into Safe Mode with Command line and run sfc /scannow. Don't forget to put a space between sfc and /scannow.Here is the MicroSoft page if you would like to review it before using... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40679/event-viewer-in-windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 64.93%

My Win 7 Pro x64 system just started acting up. When I select an event in the Event Viewer, the More Information: Event Log Online Help link doesn't open IE10. When I click on the link, the Event Viewer pop-up confirmation box open to confirm sending information across the internet, but when I click "Yes" the box goes away and I get a momentary indication from the cursor that the action is processing then nothing. It will not change the active IE10 page or open IE10.

Is there a solution with out a system restore?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards

A:Event Viewer Event Log Online Help Links don't function

I don't know much about this kind of stuff - but here is what I dug up using Microsoft's Process Monitor and Process Explorer.

The mmc app (event viewer) sends info to one of the svchost instances (netsvcs).

Svchost writes some info to the registry about a scheduled task and then runs that task.

This starts taskeng - which starts wscript.

Wscript runs a temporary VBS file that is supposed to send a URL to the operating system (shell).

The OS is supposed to open your default browser.

Here is the contents of the VBS file from my testing:

Code:
Set shell = createobject("wscript.shell")
Shell.run """C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp78C0.url"""

You might try SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

And let's hope that some other forum member can suggest things that you should check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304193-event-viewer-event-log-online-help-links-dont-function.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I tried a lot, but couldn't find the event log for the cleanmgr.exe (Disk Cleanup) in the Event Viewer.
Actually, I need the source & event id of cleanmgr.exe to schedule a task in the Task Scheduler.

A:In Event Viewer, Where is event log for cleanmgr.exe (Disk Cleanup)?

This Article would be of services to you .

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/301369-event-viewer-where-event-log-cleanmgr-exe-disk-cleanup.html
Relevancy 64.93%

From what I understand about the event log in Windows 7, when someone tries and is unsuccessful when logging into the computer the event log should record an event id 4625. However this is not happening at either of my Windows 7 Ultimate machines. I found an identical thread about this problem where the user found a solution but did not specify what is was.

http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/995501-solved-event-id-4625-not.html

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Solved: Event ID 4625 not being logged in event viewer

Are you creating a Custom View ? Be sure that you have selected 'By Log - Event Logs: Windows Log, Security. Then except for the Event ID field, everything should not be checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-id-4625-not-being-logged-in-event-viewer.1034583/
Relevancy 64.93%

Every time I boot my laptop I get error message Event ID 11 in Event Viewer. The details are:

Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

This is listed under AppInit_DLLs in the registry and the dll being loaded is nvinitx.dll, from what I can find out this has to do with the optimus function on my laptop and having it loaded is okay. I just want to get rid of the error message being logged everytime I boot.

A:Event Viewer Error Message Event ID11 - How do I get rid of this to?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this error message in Event Viewer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195339-event-viewer-error-message-event-id11-how-do-i-get-rid.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Every time I boot my laptop I get error message Event ID 10 in Event Viewer. The details are:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor"AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I do believe that the error message is nothing to be concerned about from what I have read when I googled it, but nothing I read tells you how to get rid of it. Does anone know how I can get rid of this so it does not show up in event viewer everytime I boot?

A:Event Viewer Error Message Event ID10 - How to get rid of it?

idahosurge,
Read through the link below...
Hope it helps with your problem.

Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195338-event-viewer-error-message-event-id10-how-get-rid.html
Relevancy 64.93%

If a make a password mistake when logging in, event viewer should log event with ID 4625*. But it doesn't. How do I get it too? If you want to know about my computer model Etc. Click on the computer icon next to my name.

(*Event 4625 means Bad password)

Thanks

A:Solved: Event ID 4625 not being logged in event viewer

I assume you are using Vista or Win 7

The following eventIDs are all related to Login Failures:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-id-4625-not-being-logged-in-event-viewer.995501/
Relevancy 64.93%

A week ago I started getting this warning errors logged three to six times or more per day in Event Viewer Event Viewer Warning - Source is e yexpress - Event ID is Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected Every time Event Viewer logs the e yexpress warning it follows up with this logged warning Event Viewer Warning - Source is DNS Client Events - Event ID is Name 27 - e1yexpress Warning - Event Event Viewer ID Source resolution for the name isatap Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27 home timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Not every time but a lot of times Event Viewer also logs this warning right after it logs the isatap home warning Event Viewer Warning - Source is DNS Client Events - Event ID is Name resolution for the name teredo ipv mocrosoft com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Today I installed updated drivers for my Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection but Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27 after hours of no logged error warnings they started up again and I got three sets of the above logged in a minute time frame My system is two years old and as far as I know I have never had these errors logged before My motherboard is a Asus Rampage III Extreme Any ideas on how to get event viewer to stop logging these A google Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27 search really did not offer any real clues on what to try other than updating my Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection drivers which did not solve the problem

A:Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27

Well after trying everything google came up with to try, including updating drivers to the latest version, rolling drivers back to the default Win7 version, disabling SIPS and a few others things I decided to call Verizon and see what they had to say. As soon as I told Verizon Tech Support that my error code was "e1yexpress - Event ID is 27
Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected", they told me not our problem take your PC to a shop. I called back a couple of hours later and talked to a different person and this time I only said that I was getting the Event 1014 time out errors. They had me do a few things in a cmd prompt and then said we do not know, but we can send you a router, I said fine, I will try the router.

Well it has been over a week since installing the new router and no error codes at all so it was the router!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250403-event-viewer-warning-source-e1yexpress-event-id-27-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

While playing war thunder on steam my screen went black and i couldn't do anything. I restart my computer and play again it crashes. After one more time i look at my event viewer and find critical error event ID:41. I don't whether its the game or my pc.

A:BSOD playing war thunder, Event viewer event 41

Critical error - Event ID 41 is (most likely) when you forced the system to restart (usually by holding the power button down).

You have a NETGEAR WG111v3 Wireless-G USB Adapter:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices. Especially in Win8/8.1 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later - using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win8/8.1 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

I noticed that you don't have Secure Boot and/or UEFI enabled. If you were having problems with it and changed it, please let us know.

It's not necessary to enable it now. But, should you reinstall Windows at some point in the future, please enable it first.

I mention this because it may happen that (one day) the system won't boot. This can be caused by a program changing your UEFI settings, or an update of the UEFI resetting it to default values.

To test and see if this is the cause, boot into the UEFI and see if the settings have been changed. If uncertain, try with Secure Boot both on and off (and the UEFI on UEFI or Legacy (CSM))

If it still doesn't boot after trying this, then move on to other troubleshooting tools as it's not likely to be due to this.

Black screen errors are notoriously difficult to troubleshoot. Let's start with this stuff:
- update chipset, storage, Intel, video, wireless, Bluetooth drivers to the latest, Win8.1 compatible versions (DO NOT use Win8 versions, only Win8.1 - if unable to find them, post back and we'll see what we can do).

Also, please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44720-bsod-playing-war-thunder-event-viewer-event-41-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have noticed these in my event viewer appearing a lot and roughly around times when my computer decides to freeze up on me.

Event ID 7001, Service Control Manager
The Peer Networking Grouping service depends on the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%-2140993535

&

Event ID 7023, Service Control Manager
The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error:
%%-2140993535

A:Event ID 7001 and 7023 Shows in Event Viewer a lot.

Just FYI - I usually ignore these errors when they show up.
BUT, if they're associated with freezes we'll need to have a deeper look.

Please post this info even though you're not reporting BSOD's: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237125-event-id-7001-7023-shows-event-viewer-lot.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I wanted to see who was viewing my computer and went to event viewer, under System > filter current log > power troubleshooter -- I found that the wake source for the system resuming from sleep was a device usb root hub, what does this mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/384110-event-viewer-power-troubleshooter-event-question.html
Relevancy 64.93%

During my attempt to troubleshoot some Vista behavior, I checked the logs in the event viewer. While doing that, I noticed under "Security" that the log was humongous. The reason? Every minute, there is a "Special Logon" followed by two "Logon" entries. This just keeps repeating every minute. I cleared the log and rebooted... then monitored the log and the behavior continued.

Why does this happen? Is there some kind of logging that was accidentally turned on? I can't recall what I might have done, as I had to do quite a bit of troubleshooting with another problem... is there something I can check that controls logging? I tried searching the Vista forums and didn't turn up anything matching "Special Logon".

A:"Special Logon" repeats every minute in Security Event Log

Are you able to get a Snip of the Log?

Please see How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista For More Information

Also does the Log provide any Username?

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284939-special-logon-repeats-every-minute-security-event-log.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I've tried every fix that I can find on the internet to get around this issue. I've identified the problem to be the local policy on the 2003 server that allows incoming access erases the accounts I add after a few minutes, therefore I can no longer access the server from another computer in the workgroup. I can always access any computer from the server. I need help....please. TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange1-logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this.693734/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello all This is my first ever post usually with a bit of searching I can find the answers to most computer related issues I have but no matter how hard I look I cannot find the answer I need granted not has Logon requested the logon this compute user failure: type been the at to solve this rather annoying problem So here is the low down I have my desktop PC running Windows Ultimate I also have a cheap old Asus netbook running Windows XP home edition SP not much on it so it runs ok I am trying to share files between them so my Mrs can access the music on my PC So Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute far I have been able to access the shared files folder from my netbook on my PC I can also detect the PC under the Workgroup tab of 'My Network Places' on the netbook However whenever I double click on the 'Richyv-pc' icon in the Workgroup folder is comes up with an error message that states quot Richyv-pc is not accessible You might not have perrmission to use this network resource Contract the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have granted full share access to all the wanted files from my PC with access to 'Everyone' with read write control I have tried many different things from many different forums but none have fixed this problem Im sure Im missing something obvious but I just cant see it My PC is part of a homegroup because of my work laptop that I bring home from time to time but I dont think this is causing the problem Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Richy V

A:Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Hi and welcome to TSF see the steps here and check that you have followed them Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute-645121.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I accidently screwed up the administrator account and once, i tried to install a software and it came "You need a administrator password to proceed"so i typed it then it came the error"this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer i tried a lot but its still not working and i cant install anythin..so please help me

A:Logon failure:this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-this-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute.1084708/
Relevancy 64.5%

Windows 2003 server local policy keeps loosing the users that I set so that it can be browsed accross the workgroup. I can browse the server from the other pcs in the workgroup only for a few minutes until the policy looses the users all by itself. I cannot find anything that can explain what's going on. BTW - I can browse the other computers from the server with no problem. The local policy on the other computers don't change themselves. TY

A:logon failure: the user has -been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

If you see this message the following should be done on the computer containing the shared files:

Download the following and install it

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=4544

after installation is complete, click on: Start, All Programs, Windows Resource Kit Tools, Command Shell

Then enter the following commands. (Attention: they are case sensitive.)

net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

The first command enables network access for Guest, the two subsequent ones change two different policies to allow network access for Guest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-computer.693444/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hie guys Iwas looking on some postas with regard to this topic and tried to implement the suggestions I followed the suggestion below To resolve this problem on the remote computer select Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt Properties gt Add Users or Groups add everyone or any users you want to be able to access the computer from the network This fixed the problem on the interim and at The Logon Failure: the user logon requested granted been not type has t I could access my file shares and printers However when I restart the machine or even log off nad log on again the prblem resurfaces and all the user accounts Iand groups i wolud have added to Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt will be removed and the field empty hence I suspect spam the disallow remote access Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t by editing these entries Any ideas on how Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t this can be resolved would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-t-441971.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have two win xp sp2 pcs. Both of them are in the same workgroup. I can ping each one from the other. I can access the shared folders of one pc from the other. But the reverse is not true. I cannot access shared folders of the other machine.
I am attaching the error message here.

A:logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type

After going through a similar thread I installed windows resource toolkit and entered the command mentioned in that thread. But now I am getting Access Is Denied instead of logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-237417.html
Relevancy 64.07%

hi admin, the event viewer in my laptop keep on pop up after window 10 updates, is that any problem and anyway to settle it ? I'm computer dummies, looking forward for your reply thx

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61442-event-viewer-laptop-keeps-popping-up-after-windows-10-updates.html
Relevancy 64.07%

The is another attempt at getting this answered Previous replies noted that the Administrative Events under the Custom view was just a compilation of all the other logs I do not belive this is entirely correct Clearing Windows in Event Administrative 7 Viewer Logs as all the events in this log concern the operating system and do NOT appear in the other logs such as Application Security etc Below is an example of what is showing up on my system after all the individual logs shown under Event Viewer are cleared Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Warning Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client None Error Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Session Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event There are over of these events remaining after all the logs were cleared dating back to January of when I bought the computer So once again How do I clear these logs nbsp A command line method is fine as long as somebody can tell me the actual log name to use Seren

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1152f6eb-4b05-442e-b1f3-9a3641b233d3/clearing-event-viewer-administrative-logs-in-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.07%

I built this system nothing Viewer crash, semi-daily 10 Event Windows in about three Windows 10 semi-daily crash, nothing in Event Viewer months ago and until recently it worked great A couple weeks ago however it started crashing on a roughly daily basis There seems to be some connection to load in that it didn t crash yesterday when I was just typing and doing research That said the circumstances under which it does crash aren t very burdensome since merely streaming a video is enough to put it at risk it does not reliably crash under any circumstance When it does crash both of my monitors go monochrome and my speakers start emitting that electronic crashing noise like what you get when you bluescreen As far as I can tell this will go on indefinitely until I manually turn off the computer The Event Viewer shows no critical errors except for when I turn off the power Someone on another forum suggested that my RAM timings might be wrong I checked and in doing so discovered that my motherboard wasn t detecting one RAM module the timings were correct I assumed that I had faulty modules and bought some new RAM of a different brand to replace it which didn t fix the problem The RAM timings should be correct as I loaded an XMP profile At this point I m at a loss and would really appreciate any help Specs Motherboard MSI Z A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION Processor Intel Core i - k CPU cooling Corsair Hydro Series H Graphics card EVGA GeForce ti SSD Samsung SSD Evo GB HDD x Western Digital Black TB SATA III RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR MHz x GB previously G Skill TridentZ DDR MHz x GB Disk Drive LG Blu-ray burner WH NS PSU EVGA Supernova G Additional cooling x mm fans nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-semi-daily-crash-nothing-in-event-viewer.1168723/
Relevancy 64.07%

Guys, am lost with so many items fail's as you know-this, I got so many...
I have posted attachments of error's...
Windows 7 Home Professional x64 Bite.

Could you please help me out, thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/390597-windows-7-home-professional-event-viewer-fail.html
Relevancy 64.07%

The event viewer shows a number of updates downloaded and installed.  But when I try to see them I cannot find them either in Settings (updates -  Advanced - view installed updates).  I cannot see them in Control Panel under installed updates  Any helpl re this matter will be gratefully acknowledged.  Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/event-viewer-shows-windows-updates-installed-but-not-seen-in/td-p/5698401
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all I posted another topic after I was infected with malware in http www bleepingcomputer com forums t rocketfuel-conduit-mobogenie I appear to have removed all malware from the machine but continue to experience problems Included below is an error from Windows event viewer a log file from Minitoolkit and a brief description of my symptoms Please take a look and Responding Event WMI Not Is Win32_Processor Windows Viewer: / Explorer thanks in advance for your time and any assistance you can provide Thanks Symptoms Computer will freeze within less than minutes of startup all programs explorers browsers are non responsive Intel CPU Usage monitor pegs Core over to and stays Windows Explorer Is Not Responding / Event Viewer: WMI Win32_Processor stuck there for the period of the Freeze Computer sometimes breaks out of this after several minutes and returns to normal operations only to freeze again in another - minutes Steps Taken Comprehensive malware scanning amp virus removal procedure see link to other topic above Updated Video drivers chipset drivers etc to most Windows Explorer Is Not Responding / Event Viewer: WMI Win32_Processor recent stable versions Ran Windows updates and installed all priority updates Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic good Modified windows virtual memory cache size from alot to mb Important Event Viewer entry Windows Explorer Is Not Responding / Event Viewer: WMI Win32_Processor under Administrative Events Timestamps seem to coincide with the onset of the issue Source WMI Event filter with query SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt could not be reactivated in namespace root CIMV because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Minitoolkit Logfile Thanks for reading MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by User administrator on - - at Running from D Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset Hosts content ajakpekbmnkgnjbpajgkdhimcbeoocam IP Configuration Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Local Area Connection Connected Hamachi Network Interface Hamachi Connected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled add route prefix interface Hamachi nexthop publish Yes set interface interface Hamachi forwarding disabled advertise disabled metric siteprefixlength nud disabled routerdiscovery disabled managedaddress disabled otherstateful disabled weakhostsend disabled weakhostreceive disabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled advertisedrouterlifetime advertisedefaultroute disabled currenthoplimit forcearpndwolpattern disabled enabledirectedmacwolpattern disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C - - -C - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd b cbf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday March PM Lease Expires Saturday April AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A-AA-A -C - - -C - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f b a c a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday March PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAI... Read more

A:Windows Explorer Is Not Responding / Event Viewer: WMI Win32_Processor

You abandoned your original topic.
PM your helper to reopen it.
I'll ask mods to close this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527972/windows-explorer-is-not-responding-event-viewer-wmi-win32-processor/
Relevancy 64.07%

I upload the errors here because i don't know how to fix them there's error 3 and 69 thanks.

Download the file called events only.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/62478-windows-10-x64-anniversary-update-errors-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Apologies if the question has been asked before, but I've tried a search for this sort of event, without success. I've made it a practice to clear the Event Logs prior to shutting down (somewhat anal, I know!), so that - if anything goes pear-shaped during a session - I might have a chance of tracking it down, as I've only got that day's logs to view. In Vista Ultimate, you can filter the Windows Logs for that viewing, but I can see a way of getting the filter ("Warning" only) to stick permanently. Saving the filters as a custom view only seems to last for that session too. Is there a way, please?TIA! Ray.

A:Controlling The Appearance Of Windows Logs In Event Viewer

Hello Ray, yes you can filter logs, but about Warning-only permamently you cannot...For a little solution try press on "Type" ...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169804/controlling-the-appearance-of-windows-logs-in-event-viewer/
Relevancy 64.07%

I upload the errors here because i don't know how to fix them there's error 3 and 69 thanks.

Download the file called events only.

A:Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update errors event viewer

I already fixed it.. thx..

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/62478-windows-10-x64-anniversary-update-errors-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My Windows 8.1 computer generate a lot administrative events that are warnings and critical and errors and I want to remove all the events

A:Delete Administrative events in Windows 8.1 event viewer

I'm not sure if you just want to clear the log or that you want to fix the problems that are causing the events. See both below:In the Event Viewer there is a Clear button on the right each of the five headings when selected. This is how it can be automated if that's what you want:http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-clea...If you want to chase up the events then that is a very long winded job because each event has to be tackled separately. There is no overall way to tackle them. Mostly they are minor Windows bugs that can be ignored. The best approach is to only get involved with events when some problem comes along - looking for one that appeared at exactly the same time might give a clue to the issue. Windows 8.1 events automated Help is virtually non-existent. Here is some bedtime reading:http://www.howtogeek.com/school/usi...[I use the workaround and it's fine]Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/delete-administrative-events-in-windows-81-event-viewer/1657.html
Relevancy 64.07%

67,100 events, but cleanup programs announce "no malware." Is this the reason my computer is so slow? If so, how can I clear the events log, or do I even need to?

A:Delete Administrative events in Windows 8.1 event viewer

"but cleanup programs announce "no malware"What programs please."Is this the reason my computer is so slow?"There will be a reason, step by step we will find the reason, can be many, many things."67,100 events"Leave them for now, they may contain the clue we are looking for.message edited by Johnw

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/delete-administrative-events-in-windows-81-event-viewer/2157.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Keep getting this event fault bucket about one time Viewer Fault Event Bucket in Windows Strange per day and I've found little information Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer about it on google Also posted on Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer the official Microsoft forums with little help No idea what is causing this problem since the problem Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer signature information is so cryptic The error is logged about one time per day but I don't notice any instability issues as a result It bugs me that this keeps happening and I'd like to fix it I'm using a asus g jx which I upgraded to windows from the windows store I have received no BSoD and don't have system instability issues so far I stress tested the system for about hours running prime and battlefield with no errors Ran a few passes of Microsoft Memory diagnostic for about hours Ran Memtest for about hours Play bf on ultra settings without issues Checked system temperatures amp voltages without issue I'm running the WHQL windows drivers and have been watching event viewer like a hawk but this annoying error has me stumped Fault bucket - type Event Name AEAPPINVW Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P P P P P P P P P P Attached files These files may be available here Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id b aeac - cdc- e -bea -d e b c Report Status Hashed bucket c ac ca d e cebf de f lt Event xmlns quot quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Windows Error Reporting quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt ANewPC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt - lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt AEAPPINVW lt Data gt lt Data gt Not available lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b aeac - cdc- e -bea -d e b c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c ac ca d e cebf de f lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt This may be unrelated but about once a day a bunch of scheduled windows tasks run and this error occurs at the exact same time so I think it's related to the underlying operating system According to the scheduled tasks they all complete successfully except for this one Task Scheduler gt Microsoft gt Windows gt MemoryDiagnostic contains two scheduled events ProcessMemoryDiagnosticEvents Ready Multiple Triggers defined Last run time when the error occurred Last Run Result The operator or administrator has refused the request x E seems odd that it was refused quot run with highest privileges is checked quot It says it will only be triggered by event ID and RunFullMemoryDiagnostic Ready LastRun when the error occurred The Operation completed successfully x Why would operation fail but operation succeed This also may be unrelated but this happens as well Usually the five esent events that are logged don't have this error occur in between more in a moment event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine is starting a new instance event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine started a new instance Time seconds Internal Timing Sequence event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine attached a database C ProgramData Microsoft Windows AppRepository PackageRepository edb Time seconds Internal Timing Sequence Saved Cache THE ERROR IS LOGGED usually at the exact same time or a few seconds after the first esent messages above are logged Under system gt Time-Service it also syncs around this time and some Kernel-general messages are logged as well about re-organizing data but appear successful and informationa... Read more

A:Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer

In Task Scheduler (taskschd.msc), delete all Customer Experience Improvement Program entries.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39650-strange-fault-bucket-windows-event-viewer.html