Windows Support Forum

My laptop opens up things when the lid is closed

Q: My laptop opens up things when the lid is closed

Hello, often when i close the lid on my laptop it opens up programs and files that are visible on the screen when i close it. I have set my laptop to "do nothing" when i close the lid because i dont want it to go into sleep or anything. I dont know if this is a virus or not. i have used Avast antivirus to scan my computer several times and came up empty. I dont expect you to know exactly what is causing this but maybe someone here have had the same experience and might be able to point me in the right direction. Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My laptop opens up things when the lid is closed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My laptop opens up things when the lid is closed

This could be caused by the closing of the top putting pressure on the keyboard. Set the laptop to shutdown when the top is closed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-opens-up-things-when-the-lid-is-closed.174403/
Relevancy 61.06%

So I'm sure there's something I am missing but 90% of the time I use IE on my surface pro 2.  Whenever I am on an app and it opens a link (for example if I open a link from my email) it will open IE and bring up the link, but when I check the tabs, all the tabs I had open before are gone.  Now is there a way to bring back those tabs?  Thanks.

A:Internet tabs are all closed when an app opens IE

Has nobody had this problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538767/internet-tabs-are-all-closed-when-an-app-opens-ie/
Relevancy 60.63%

Using Chrome when i close all the windows and open it from stock instead of showing me the bookmark menu page its going directly to a babylon search page I've tried everything i could think of and i can't seem to ditch it Any help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Varsis at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B Chrome when everything babylon opens closed is page - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch Chrome opens babylon page when everything is closed C Windows system svchost exe Chrome opens babylon page when everything is closed -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows Chrome opens babylon page when everything is closed System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files x Autodesk Content Service Connect Service ContentService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows SysWOW srvany exe C Program Files x Matrox Graphics PowerDesk Matrox PDesk Services exe C Program Files x RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneDaemon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows KMService exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AsRoutineController exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files AskMrRobot AmrTray exe C Program Files x Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Users Varsis Desktop ifunbox win ifb conn exe C Program Files Corsair USB Headset customapp program CAHS EXE C Program Files x Plex Plex Media Server Plex Media Server exe C Program Files Corsair USB Headset customapp program CAHS EXE C Program Files Autodesk Autodesk Sync AdSync exe C Users Varsis AppData Roaming CouchPotato application CouchPotato exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology enterprise IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x InstallShield Installation Information E -DA B- E - - D D C AiChargerPlus exe C Program Files x Pidgin pidgin exe C Program Files x SABnzbd SABnzbd exe C SickBeard SickBeard exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x Matrox Graphics PowerDesk Matrox PDesk Startup exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Matrox Graphics PowerDesk Matrox PDesk Core exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows sysWOW wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Plex Plex Media Server PlexScriptHost exe C Windows sysWOW wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Plex Plex Media Server PlexDlnaServer exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II USB Boost U BoostSvr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows sy... Read more

A:Chrome opens babylon page when everything is closed

Hello neovarsis I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505653/chrome-opens-babylon-page-when-everything-is-closed/
Relevancy 55.47%

Here is a hijack this listing My mouse will just start opening stuff up on going things on opens Solved: Mouse own, crazy!! its own if I move the mouse not touching any buttons It ll open the toolbar clock move the icons around just whatever There isn t a logic I have cleaned the mouse ball and the wire is fine Please help I Solved: Mouse opens things on own, going crazy!! ran the spybot and it didn t find anything Can someone please help Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Solved: Mouse opens things on own, going crazy!! SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM Solved: Mouse opens things on own, going crazy!! MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C COMPAQ EASYACC CPQBZL EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C COMPAQ EASYACC OSD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CPQTAPI EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www adams net O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run Essdc essdc exe O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM RunServices CPQEASYACC C Compaq EasyAcc cpqbzl exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C PROGRA MESSEN MSMSGS EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem MSN Messenger Service - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C PROGRA MESSEN MSMSGS EXE nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a laptop, Sony Vaio, which have the power button on the right side, not over the keyboard like some other models.
So I would like to turn on the laptop by pushing the power button anytime - even when the lid is closed.
But this is not the case, I can only turn on the laptop when i open the lid.
I have connected my laptop to TV (as dock, via HDMI port) to look at movies.
I have changed the power settings to do nothing when i closing the lid.
Which works fine, but I still need to open a lid, turn on, and close the lid again!
I think it should be an easy way to solve this problem.
So i want to know is there any way to turn on windows when the lid is closed?

Thank you in advance!

A:Power up a laptop with the lid closed

Hardware, you would have to physically modify the hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/182555-power-up-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

The last days my laptop is not going to sleep when I close the lid; nothing happens. When I open the lid everything is still running.

I already tried a couple of things. I restored the laptop 5 days back, but no result. Also I closed the lid feature has sleep selected for both battery and plugged in.

Can someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thanks!

A:Laptop is not sleeping when lid closed

Does the display stay on when its closed? You may have to close it in a very dark room to tell. It could be that the switch used to tell the laptop that the lid is closed has failed. I have mine set to do nothing and my display will blank out, the back light turns off when I close the lid.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52230-laptop-not-sleeping-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I was browsing my computer when my brothers laptop sounded like wen you login to windows and when i went and opened it it had a black screen and wasnt working i had to force restart it and turn it on again, it had alot of trash and i just factory restarted it and my mom brought it to his friend that is a computer engineer and he said its clean, it may have been a system glitch but i just wana be sure, i have bad memory so i dont remember well but i think thats what i heard but it might be my laptop but it did have a black screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573365/sound-on-a-closed-laptop/
Relevancy 49.45%

This may not be that unusual, but it has never happened to me before. My HP laptop was in sleep mode in my carry case after being brought in from a trip last night. I'm sitting in a quiet room this morning, when I suddenly hear it start up. I then took it out of the case, to find it totally cool, so I know it wasn't on all night, but can anyone tell me how it could start up like that?

I guess lesson one from this is never place it in a bag while in sleep mode.

Thanks for any information.

Peg

Relevancy 49.45%

I've been getting the BSOD for a few days now, this happens only when the laptop lid is closed. I have set the option "choose what closing the lid does" to "do nothing". this is because i have the broadband ON and I'm usually downloading stuff. When i open the lid
I see a box that says "windows has recovered from an unexpected error" and the problem event name has "blue screen"

I've attached the dump files........please help

A:BSOD when laptop lid is closed,

Quote: Originally Posted by miltonsimons

I've been getting the BSOD for a few days now, this happens only when the laptop lid is closed. I have set the option "choose what closing the lid does" to "do nothing". this is because i have the broadband ON and I'm usually downloading stuff. When i open the lid
I see a box that says "windows has recovered from an unexpected error" and the problem event name has "blue screen"

I've attached the dump files........please help

Easy. AVG and McAffee. Remove both and install Microsoft Security Essentials
I do notice McAffee which is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide
It is never a good idea to run more than one active malware application at a time. The overlap can allow malware access to the very system your are trying to protect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203228-bsod-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Some background first. I live on a boat, with limited space for extras. I have 3 Win7 laptops (32 bit Home & Pro, 64 bit Pro) that I use for different things. I also have a Toshiba Dynadock (powered USB hub) to which my monitor and speakers are connected. By switching which machine the hub is plugged into, I can use each with the monitor and wireless keyboard & mouse.

My "problem" is storing the laptops. My question is, can I operate them with them standing on edge instead of flat? Seems like I should be able to, but would appreciate a more informed opinion, and/or any cautions about doing so.

Thanks

A:Using laptop as a desktop (lid closed)

I see no reason that this should not work. Just make sure that the cooling vents are not obstructed,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362041-using-laptop-desktop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop running on windows 7. 64 bit.

For quite sometime now, my laptop has been freezing randomly. It occurs mostly when I am browsing the web or when playing a game. The computer also freezes when the lid is shut/enters hibernation mode.

When it freezes in hibernation/sleep mode, the cooling fan is extremely loud, so overheating may be a cause, but I'm not quite sure. I ran a virus/spyware check, but nothing came up. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Laptop freezes during use and while the lid is closed.

Welcome olund007.

Looking up the specs of the laptop it seems unlikely that you are running too much stuff that it would just freeze. If you suspect a heating issue, try clearing out the fans (best idea would be to use a can of compressed air and with some short quick bursts, spray inside the laptop). << Best to do this outside if it is really bad!

Just some things that might help:
Run system file checker
> - Click on the Start globe/button
> - Type cmd.exe and run as administrator
> - Then enter 'sfc /scannow'

Let that scan through.

You could also run a memory test and check disc:
> - As before, go to cmd.exe
> - Enter chkdsk c: /r
> - If some question appears, enter Y and restart computer.

To run memory test...
I am not sure if the Dell Inspiron 1764 has a memory tester with it, so you can just run the one that comes with windows
> - Click on the Start button/globe
> - Enter mdsched.exe
You should get asked to restart and run a check or something.

Try updating your drivers (graphics drivers, etc..) and download the latest versions of various software that you use (so up to date browser, java (if needed), etc..).

Hopefully this will help your instability issues.

Running a disc defrag and cleanup might be a good idea as well...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-during-use-and-while-the-lid-is-closed-639800.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey hey, so the problem is i want to leave my laptop running when doing renders that take hours on end. I've disabled the sleep mode in every way that I know how to (see screen shots). When the lid is open it doesn't go to sleep, but when it's closed after about minutes it goes into sleep mode (all fans off etc).

This never happened with windows 7 and i've triesd programs like insomnia which haven't helped at all. Id really love to get to the bottom of this, otherwise I might have to reluctantly revert to windows 7

Anyone offering ideas would be much appreciated. Cheers

A:Unwanted sleep when laptop is closed

Hi safety1g,

FYI, I have seen this behavior before on a few Sony Vaio models, and each time it was referred back to Sony support, where they said the option to "change what the lid does when closed" is/was not supported in their power management scheme and there was no workaround for this issue. So, just consider this an FYI at this point; however, if you can't get your issue resolved quicky, I would spend 10 minutes on the phone with your laptop's manufacturing support group to see if they can confirm a similar issue.

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34522-unwanted-sleep-when-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell Studio running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, and the laptop doesn't sleep when I close the lid, except I double-checked my settings in the control panel and it's supposed to sleep.

I've had the computer for over 6 months now and the problem first started yesterday, right after I installed the latest Windows updates. When I close the lid, the computer doesn't sleep, but even when I open the lid, nothing appears on the monitor. It's still black and unresponsive, although the power button isn't blinking, so I know it's still awake.

A:Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed

Hello ieatlikeawolf, Welcome to the Forum.

Could you answer a few questions?
Does the laptop go into sleep mode if you choose Sleep from the start menu?
Have you tried doing a System Restore to a point before you installed the updates?
Did you install Update KB976902 at the same time as other updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138751-laptop-doesnt-sleep-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there so I accidentally closed my laptop lid while it was updating and now all this is coming on is the wallpaper wht do I do? it's a Sony vaio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidently-closed-my-laptop-while-updating.1163468/
Relevancy 49.02%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite S t-A rencently It has Windows not The network wireless adaptor is Realtek RTL E Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Unfortunately when I close the laptop lid the wireless internet connection disconnects I tried the following I made sure to go to the Realtek Wireless Network Adaptor in Device Manager and unchecked the quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot I also closed disconnects when Wireless is lid laptop went to the Power Options and set it so it does Nothing when Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed the lid is closed In Advanced Power Settings I Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed changed the Wireless Adaptor Settings' Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance I updated the wireless network adaptor driver and that did not help I also removed it and put back an older driver which did not help either I removed the Toshiba Eco power management program that came with the computer I restarted the computer several times and I still have this problem The other laptops with Windows at our house do not do this Now I have to leave the laptop lid open when I am downloading something that will take awhile because the wifi shuts off after a few moments when I close the lid Has anyone else experienced this Is there a way to fix this I'm not sure if this is a Toshiba problem or Windows problem I'm tempted to return the laptop since this is quite annoying I tried searching the forum first but couldn't find anything helpful

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35595-wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So every time I close my laptop to put it in sleep mode, it crashes and another problem that may be related is that, when I put my laptop in hibernate it starts back up and then I have to put it in hibernate again; this problem has been going on for a while but the sleep mode/BSOD problem recently started.

System Specs:
Lenovo N 500
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit (full retail)
Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz
3.00 GB RAM

A:BSOD Problem when laptop lid is closed

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the crash report so we can provide more informed troubleshooting steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213366-bsod-problem-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

sometimes "com surrogate not working" error comes but i dont think that is the problem behind disconnection main issue is that while is close the lid of my  laptop, after sometime it disconnects wifi automaticallyin the power options the closing lid option has been selected to do nothingthen also problem persistsdont know what to dowhen is open the lid again it connects

A:wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed

Hi, You can turn this off using Device Manager (a) Go to Device Manager,(b) Expand Network adapters,(c) Right click Wireless adapter and select Properties,(d) Go to Power Management tab,(e) Untick Allow the computer to turn off ...(f) Click Ok/Apply             Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-is-closed/td-p/5640429
Relevancy 49.02%

When I close the lid to my laptop (HP Pavilion) it will sometimes shut off. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't do it. In the power options I have it set to "do nothing" for both plugged in and battery for when the lid is closed but still for some reason it'll sometimes shut down.

I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered before, but there are just too many threads to go through them all and a Google search didn't turn anything up for my specific problem.

Any help would be great!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259512-laptop-shuts-down-randomly-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My brand new HP Pavilion x360 will only charge when the lid is closed or the computer is in sleep mode. I have tried changing any relevant power settings and have already consulted multiple friends. I'm wondering if there's a hidden setting I have yet to discover or if my battery is busted. The computer is under warantee so if I have to I can take it back to bestbuy and have it replaced, but if there's a dyi method that I've yet to try I would like to get all those out of the way as best buy is rather far away from my house.

A:Laptop only charging when lid is closed or computer is in sl...

Hello @dupbuck, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that your notebook computer only charges when the lid is closed, or when the computer has entered sleep mode, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter! To configure your power options for charging when the lid is both up and active, I recommend following the steps in this document on Managing Power Options (Windows 8). Additionally, I also suggest following the steps below to reset the default power schemes for your computer: Step 1. Click the Start buttonStep 2. In the search box, type "Command Prompt"Step 3. Right-click Command PromptStep 4. Click Run as administratorStep 5. At the command prompt, type powercfg /restoredefaultschemes and press Enter  reference: http://superuser.com/questions/669571/windows-8-1-64-bit-power-schemes-gone Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-only-charging-when-lid-is-closed-or-computer-is-in/td-p/4800918
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
first time here, I have about a week experience (pulled out some hair) with windows 8/8.1, but I consider myself pretty comfortable with Windows in general.

When my win8.1 laptop is in sleep mode, I can wake it with a mere touch of my external bluetooth k/b without any issues, as long as the lid is opened. If I close the lid, I can continue to use it as its connected to a big Samsung plasma tv. But if I let the laptop go to sleep (or put it to sleep myself thru the menu), I am unable to wake it back; I need to pull it out from a/v furniture, open the lid and press the power button.

Is this a win8 thing, an Acer Aspire thing, or worse it can't be done?
Anyone else able to wake from sleep their win8 laptop w/closed lid???

Thanks

A:Waking laptop from sleep with lid closed

Try going into the power options and set the option for what to do when the lid is closed to "do nothing".

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40159-waking-laptop-sleep-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

This problem started a few days ago. Whenever I close my laptop, the computer shuts down. I've done the obvious and checked the settings for sleep, hibernate and shutdown on lid close, but those are all set to sleep, not shutdown. As you might imagine, this issue is a real hassle. I've been losing work and spending far too long on start up time with this.

The laptop itself is an hp pavilion dv4, if that might have anything to do with it.

Any ideas?

A:unwanted shutdown when laptop is closed

Hi -Configure the notebook buttons and display panel lid behavior. HP Notebook PCs - Resolving Problems with Sleep and Hibernate Mode You may or may not have read this item from HPScroll down and see if the information relates to your problem -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448395/unwanted-shutdown-when-laptop-is-closed/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an hp laptop windows -bit fully updated via windows update when turns lid internet off Laptop closed I sometimes hook my laptop up to my TV via HDMI Laptop internet turns off when lid closed cable I am connecting to the internet and network via wireless card I have it set in power options so that when the lid is closed Laptop internet turns off when lid closed quot do nothing quot unfortunately when the lid closes the internet doesn't respond and says there is a problem with Laptop internet turns off when lid closed the DNS server when there isn't any problem at all because all of the other devices on the network are working completely fine Also the internet people ran a diagnostic and it's perfectly fine at almost megs down I figured there was a problem with it when I close the lid the internet stops responding as for when the lid is opened the internet is fine I went into the device manager and went to the properties of my wireless networking card and in there to power management and unchecked allow computer to turn off to save power or something like that Anyways I'm at a lost I'm not sure what else to do It seems the computer is still connected to the network just not the internet I would like to be able to close the lid and internet browse on my tv if possible Thank you

A:Laptop internet turns off when lid closed

Try using High Performance profile in Power Management.

How long does the lid have to be closed for this to happen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325321-laptop-internet-turns-off-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I notice that the top part around the hinge seems to have a bit of space (looseness) you want to call it between the two pieces. I gently press on it and notice it will make a creaky/ing sound from the plastic. I dont know if its me or if its common on laptops - but im pretty sure laptops should feel rock solid esp when closed - am I right? I dont know if I should change it. Especially right around the screen if I gently press on it, I can hear the plastic creak quite noticeably and feel space gaps between the plastics. I dont know, this is my 1st laptop, so I dont know how solid laptops are suppose to feel in hand.

from a very worried member
thanks.

A:My laptop feels bit wierd when closed

Are you saying the plastic casing "flexes"? How long have you had this laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-feels-bit-wierd-when-closed.271980/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi im having a problem with my hibernation mode when my laptop is shut when i close the laptop windows restarts and leaves an error code when started up again the computer runs fine besides this and is days old i might add i have recently updated through microsoft 'a shut down update' standard procedure before this update hibernation worked fine i dont know if this could have anything to do with it but regardless i am new with vista my computer specs dell studio ' windows vista home premium bit service pack the problem signature is specified quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF FD B BCP FFFFFA D BCP FFFFFA D OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp WER E tmp version txt i am going to college laptop restarts closed is Windows when in a few days and this needs to be fixed please help in whatever way possible thank you

A:Windows restarts when laptop is closed

Originally Posted by khanson

hi, im having a problem with my hibernation mode when my laptop is shut.

when i close the laptop, windows restarts and leaves an error code when started up again. the computer runs fine besides this, and is days old i might add. i have recently updated through microsoft, 'a shut down update' standard procedure. before this update hibernation worked fine. i dont know if this could have anything to do with it, but regardless i am new with vista.

my computer specs:

dell studio 15'
windows vista home premium 64 bit
service pack 1
the problem signature is specified:

"Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80001FD7B81
BCP3: FFFFFA60015D5798
BCP4: FFFFFA60015D5170
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082609-07.dmp
C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51246-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER78E.tmp.version.txt

i am going to college in a few days and this needs to be fixed! please help in whatever way possible. thank you

Do us a favor go into C:\windows\minidump zip the dump file (*.dmp) and upload it for us to look at

Thanks

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244194-windows-restarts-when-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I hope someone can help me. Brand new Acer Aspire with Windows 7. It worked okay for the first month and then started to make a noise when the lid is closed - thereby freezing. My power settings are set to Sleep upon closing the lid and Task bar is not on auto hide. I choose updates myself, so there is nothing unwanted. Any suggestions, any help? Thanks.

A:Acer Laptop freezes when lid is closed

Welcome to SF!

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before the troubles began.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80832-acer-laptop-freezes-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 (plugged into house current), and would like Windows updates to be installed while I close the lid overnight. What would be proper power settings to accomplish this? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66158-how-update-windows-10-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So every time I close my laptop to put it in sleep mode, it crashes and another problem that may be related is that, when I put my laptop in hibernate it starts back up and then I have to put it in hibernate again; this problem has been going on for a while but the sleep mode/BSOD problem recently started.

System Specs:
Lenovo N 500
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit (full retail)
Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz
3.00 GB RAM

A:BSOD Problem when laptop lid is closed

Welcome
It looks like the cause of your problem is your bison cam software.
Either uninstall completely or
update all drivers
Your specific problem
Bisonc07.sys file descriptionProductname: BisonCam64 UVC, USB 2.0 Camera 08 Description: Universal Serial Bus Camera Driver Company: Bison Electronics. Inc.

Biscon07.sys is the specfic driver causing the problem if you want to try and update.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294977-bsod-problem-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm getting tired of finding half my battery being depleted because my laptop did not stay alseep.  Wondering if there is a way to fix this issue?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Is-there-a-fix-to-ensure-a-closed-laptop-Yoga-2-Pro-stays-asleep/td-p/3438641
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All
This is my first time on any forum so forgive me if I have gone to the wrong place. I have had the common problem of broken hinges on my L50 B. I have replaced both hinges and to all intent and purpose ever thing went well, i.e. the lid opens and closes great now. I have however done something wrong, the laptop now doesn't sleep when I close the lid. I have checked all the power settings and the advanced settings and they are set to sleep when lid is closed. Has anyone any idea what I may have done wrong. Can anyone tell me what the motherboard connection of the lid sensor switch looks like? Any help gratefully received.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93435-LAptop-doesn-t-sleep-when-the-lid-is-closed
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay here goes I m not a programmer but I was wondering if it would be possible to write a little background program that would closed Program being lid monitor my to laptop's put my computer to lockdown when I closed the lid on my laptop computer Here is the command i wanted executed rundll user dll LockWorkStation Note Before anyone gives other options I do not want to use standby hibernate screen savers passwords or the win L Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed And the option isn t Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed under window s power control options ------------------------------------------------------------------------ This is the information I Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed ve gotten so far If you check out this link http msdn microsoft com library d db -fe - d-b bb- c d ad ec xml asp It talks about detecting when a computer is closed or open - quot PO CB LID SWITCH STATE amp Indicates that the lid switch has changed states quot But is this in C or visual basic or something Finally my friend has posted this quot Basically it looks like the event is available at the driver level but not at the application level So you have to write a driver to capture this callback then pass it along somehow to an application which will do what you want quot nbsp

A:Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed

No replies uh?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-monitor-my-laptops-lid-being-closed.277100/
Relevancy 49.02%

please help how do I get rid of virus that plays sounds like advertisements and other sounds it happens about an hour after im on or after my comp just sits untouched.can I get into my regedit and delete it somehow?what is it a virus? rootkit? please helpive ran all kinds of malware anti spyware etc and it says all is fine but its not

A:sounds on my laptop even when all windows are closed

This may help: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/sounds-on-my-laptop-even-when-all-windows-are-closed/39661.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!

I have been having problems with my ASUS laptop recently. I am not sure if this is related with the BSODs I've been having but the sound driver fails to boot up from time to time. I appreciate your assistance and time very much!

A:BSOD when lid of laptop is closed and idle

Welcome

The BSOD you are getting is due to the Atheros Network adapter driver.
Get an update for it.

Source | athrx.sys | Atheros network adapter driver
ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

Post back if you get more crashes

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252666-bsod-when-lid-laptop-closed-idle.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all

basically I have set all options to say don't do anything when I close the laptop lid yet on my vlc player it decides to loop like 10/20 seconds of the song playing through my headphones when playing on the speakers it's fine so I believe, i have tried re installing the drivers (no luck) tried window update (that caused the problem can't roll back) and i have tried windows diagnostic service and that says there is an error, yet when i try to fix it it says that the headphones are not plugged in or nothing into that socket.

Any help would be grate,

Many thanks, David

P.s. my laptop is running windows 8 (hp pavilion DM1 amd E2)

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/42927-sound-looping-being-choppy-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

so, EVERY TIME I close(and re open) my laptop lid the touchpad stops working. seemed to happen after a win X update(not upgrade TO win x) it is so extremely frustrating. the only way i can get it to respond again is to reboot. I have tried disabling and reenabling the touchpad, updating drivers, and nothing seems to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touchpad-stops-working-when-laptop-lid-gets-closed/td-p/5618964
Relevancy 48.16%

Originally this is posted here

Lock windows when laptop lid is closed&hellip; | AK's Blog

But i want windows update to add lock windows option to when laptop lid is closed option

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/29474-lock-windows-when-laptop-lid-closed-want-solution.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This is similar to the issue in this thread.
Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed

I have a Dell laptop that always went to sleep reliably when I closed the lid. Now it does not. I am able to get the laptop to sleep with the Start --> Sleep option but not with the lid closing and not with the power button.

On the power options interface screen, in the section that says "Power Buttons and Lid" there is no way to set a lid action - there is no choice or link available. It's like someone completely removed the computer's knowledge that it has a lid - maybe it somehow got tricked into thinking it was a desktop?

Thanks in advance for your help - I appreciate it!

Windows 7 Professional x64 running...

-Mike

A:Dell Laptop no longer sleeps when lid is closed

Now that I'm thinking about it, it may be in some "desktop" mode instead of a laptop mode. Here are other data points:
- It no longer shows the battery indicator in the lower right status bar
- The power options no longer show different options for when the system is "plugged in" vs "on battery power", it's just one setting.
- No more "lid" settings as I said above.

Hmmm - does anyone know how to check this or what a possible fix might be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/148207-dell-laptop-no-longer-sleeps-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Printer is HP Inkjet
Laptop is VIAO
OS is Vista
The printer works fine after booting, however the printer does not print though the job show printing and the job cannot be deleted in these conditions:
1- the laptop has gone to sleep and is "revived" and then we try to print something local or from gmail or other online doc
2- the laptop is closed but not turned off and when it is reopened and "revived" - same problem

The only way then to make it print is to reboot the laptop - then and only then the print jobs start.

Any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-does-not-print-after-laptop-goes-to-sleep-or-was-closed.861035/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I was just wondering if you can advise on something My new laptop keeps waking itself from sleep in my bag As far as I can tell the screen comes on and does not turn off and the laptop stays on until it runs out of battery about hours This closed for bad - Laptop when screen? from waking sleep causes the screen and laptop in general to get very hot as it is in my bag and Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen? in a laptop sleeve I wondered if it Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen? was bad for the screen to get this hot I know the components can handle it otherwise the laptop would shut down But I am worried about the screen It is the Asus UX LA-R H It has a LCD panel matte non-touch if that makes a difference Windows As for the waking up I think it might have been waking after hours to go in to hibernate so I have turned off hibernation in power settings but I am yet to try this latest change I have no tasks scheduled to wake the laptop all devices bar the keyboard aren't allowed to wake it can't be woken by internet etc What is curious is that it when this happens it does not sleep after minutes or turn off the display after minutes as per my settings Does anyone have any ideas on this Summary - Is this bad for laptop screen elsewhere on the laptop to be on in a closed environment and this hot for hours Any further ideas why it might be turning on and then not sleeping after minutes THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

A:Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen?

It's definitely not good for the battery. Getting hot in the bag isn't god either. If it was me I would do a full shut down instead of sleep mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65385-laptop-waking-sleep-when-closed-bad-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I think I made a thread about this a while back to no success. My laptop goes to sleep when I close the lid even with the lid settings modified. I don't want it to sleep. Idk what exactly to do.

A:Laptop sleeps when lid closed, even with setting disabled.

What is the setting in Power Options for what happens when you close the lid?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339762-laptop-sleeps-when-lid-closed-even-setting-disabled.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I've looked through all the Windows options and used Google several times but I can't find a solution to this problem I bought a new is laptop disconnects internet Wireless when closed lid Sony Vaio VPCF M E all drivers are up-to-date and the options are correct I have the lid close action on quot do nothing quot and the box in the device manager - gt wireless lan driver unchecked so it's NOT allowed to turn off the device to save power Still whenever I close the lid on my laptop the wireless internet connection disconnects The actual wireless lan connections are still there when I open the lid my laptop is just not connected to the internet Also this seems to happen just whenever my laptop feels like it Sometimes the internet will be disconnected after minutes sometimes after hours I also left Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed an application running over night that constantly uses Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed the network connection to see if it disconnects while idling but when I woke up in the morning the wlan was disconnected as usual It's not my router it doesn't turn off the internet after X idle time and the network works fine when I leave my laptop open The problem I have with leaving my laptop open all the time is my cat Cat hair is a killer for poor computers I had an MSI laptop before I didn't have this problem My boyfriend also has a Medion that doesn't have this problem The th laptop in the house an Acer Aspire G has the same problem however Both laptops have Windows Professional bit installed as did the MSI laptop before where everything worked fine If you need any more information please let me know Please also note that this problem occurs on every internet connection - I have been in different networks so far always the same problem Also I had the same problem with a LAN cable so lan connection as well Thanks for your time

A:Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed

No suggestions? :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113139-wireless-internet-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Beginning on March 26, 2015 almost every time I close my laptop lid, my machine doesn't enter sleep mode properly, and as a result, it shuts down with a BSOD error that I find when I start the machine again.

I have tried putting the machine into Sleep from the Start > Shutdown menu, and it still fails to enter sleep mode properly.

I downloaded and installed BlueScreenView, and I found that I am encountering the same errors pretty consistently. I have one error on 4/1/2015 that was related to the Wireless card, and some errors prior to 3/26 related to software that I have since removed. All remaining dumps since 3/26 have a bug check string of DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver ntkrnlpa.exe

I have attached the DM Log Collector zip file from my system.

A:BSOD when laptop lid is closed, ntkrnlpa.exe error

Do two things.

First, download and install Intel? PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7.

Second, Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and the touchpad driver, SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Report us for any further BSOD.

Code:
>[ 16, 2] 0 0 86730028 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwsn01.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwsn01.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwsn01.sys
\Driver\NETwNs32
Args: 00014400 00000001 00000004 00000002
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 8665e828 00000000 00000000-00000000 pending
\Driver\vwifibus
Args: 00014400 00000001 00000004 00000002

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366927-bsod-when-laptop-lid-closed-ntkrnlpa-exe-error.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Craziest thing. I have a laptop. I close the lid on the bugger, it goes into standby (for sure... I know this much.. lol)

Just about the same time every morning, I head it turn on. The screen is still blank but stuff is running. OR I will go to work with MSN Messenger running and will get a pop up saying You are signed into two places at once, meaning it has come out of standby automatically. Any idea what could cause this?

A:Toshiba Laptop automatically comes out of Standby while the lid is closed!!!

The standby/hibernate switch is a small pin switch by the hinge
Depending on the model of the laptop, there are a few different "wake on" options in the BIOS that are normally set to disabled
A corrupt video driver can also play tricks with standby/hibernate

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223699/toshiba-laptop-automatically-comes-out-of-standby-while-the-lid-is-closed/
Relevancy 48.16%

Can the download be restarted and picked up from the same point? Or do I have to start alll over again?

I was using the save (not run) in the download. And there is an exe file on my desktop. (incomplete, I assume)

any way to do this?

(I was dowloading the Battle for Middle Earth Demo, in case you were wondering)

thanks

A:Help! I was downloading a BIG exe file and my wife closed my laptop!

If you were using Internet Explorer, then you might be able to resume, but I doubt it. If you were using Opera there is the option to resume transfer. I'd look into something like that.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-was-downloading-a-big-exe-file-and-my-wife-closed-my-laptop.43867/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new window switch laptop single is if display to closed? laptop and a large flat screen monitor and I ve been trying to decide how I want them configured Obviously I'm using the switch to single window display if laptop is closed? flat screen as the main monitor but sometimes I want to use the laptop's display as a second monitor and sometimes I want to use one monitor and have the laptop closed and out of the way I would prefer not to change my system settings every time I decide to switch between using and monitors I tried changing the configuration settings to using a dual display with the flat screen as my main monitor and changing the power settings so the laptop doesn t switch to sleep mode when I close the lid This seemed to work fine at first until I tried switch to single window display if laptop is closed? opening a folder and nothing seemed to come up Even though my laptop is closed and shoved out of the way Windows still treats the laptop monitor as being active thus causing some applications to open on laptops monitor rather than on the main screen There also the lesser problem that I my mouse will 'disappear' if I move it too far to the left and it switches to the other screen What I would prefer is to have some way that Windows will recognize when the laptop screen is shut and automatically switch from dual to single screen mode and switch back to dual screen when I re-open the laptop Can anyone suggest how this can be done Actually there is one other thing I would like to do with my spiffy new monitor but I'm not sure it is possible I would prefer for clicks on one screen to not force applications on the other screen to minimize I've been trying to stream video on one screen while working on the other atm Hulu is the only TV I've got but it keeps switching the video out of full screen mode every time it registers a click on the second screen The same issue happens with playing games or running any other program that monopolizes a screen I won't rest until I have managed to play WoW while watching streaming video of Babylon all from the same computer It s a right of geekhood

A:switch to single window display if laptop is closed?

Been researching and asking questions along those lines myself. As far as I can tell all of that is beyond the capabilities of the current technology.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/54039-switch-single-window-display-if-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello a little while ago I had some nasty viruses malware on my computer and the nice folks over Clears is all when Laptop Firefox Cookies Cache and Closed in that forum helped me clean it all up Well since I have gotten all cleaned up every time I go to close my laptop it Firefox Clears all Cookies and Cache when Laptop is Closed clears the Firefox cookies and cache Firefox Clears all Cookies and Cache when Laptop is Closed I do not use IE so I am not sure if it is happening in that browser This problem only started occuring after my viruses malware was cleaned off I asked the nice guy that was Firefox Clears all Cookies and Cache when Laptop is Closed helping me if anything he had me do would be causing this and he said quot No quot and I should ask for help over here I can still use the internet but it is very difficult to have to choose things every time I go to every website The Firefox is remembering my passwords and user names but it is not keeping me logged in at the places I used to be logged in forever at one forum now I have to do it each time It does not happen when I just close Firefox and then reopen it only when I close the laptop and the computer goes to sleep it does not hibernate when closed just sleeps I am using Windows XP with Service Pack Firefox on a Dell Inspiron Any help to stop it from clearing my cache cookies is much appreciated

A:Firefox Clears all Cookies and Cache when Laptop is Closed

Go to Tools... Options... and then the Privacy tab. Is "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" checked?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230122/firefox-clears-all-cookies-and-cache-when-laptop-is-closed/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am using a laptop with a monitor via vga cable, laptop is set not to sleep when lid is closed. So i close the lid and use it fine with external monitor but the internet becomes slow....dont rly know what to do. works fine when lid is open.
possibly a driver automatically becoming sluggish upon closing lid? please help thx
google chrome
win 7 64bit
lenovo v570 laptop

A:Internet becomes slow on external monitor when laptop's lid is closed?

bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347209-internet-becomes-slow-external-monitor-when-laptops-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, is there somehow a way to do something special, when I close my laptop other than shutdown or standby? For example set the energy saving profile from balanced to energy saving, and back when opening the lid again. Actually I want the laptop to behave the following:

When I close my laptop lid, it still should run, but the processor speed should be limited to it's lowest possible state, and might not be allowed to run higher.

I want this because I had problems before, where Windows does "something stupid", when the lid is closed, for example run some indexing stuff or other scans, which causes the laptop to overheat when the cpu is running 100% and it's lid is closed.

Is there a certain party program which can do this?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/36157-laptop-lid-closed-options-change-energy-profile.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i have an otherwise working laptop that seems to shutdown completely (closes browser, shuts off programs) when the lid merely closes. I updated everything I could fine on Dell's website but to no relief. What can I do to fix this issue? 

A:Dell XPS 13 9350: Shutting down completely when laptop lid is closed.

Hi dsafwe,
Shutdown/ Sleep/ Hibernate is completely based on the video card drivers installed correctly and the Operating system on the system.
I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

Open the search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.
Now select properties.
In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver first and then NVidia/AMD card driver (If system is configured with discrete video card) on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI
Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993064
Relevancy 47.73%

First off, lemme say it has been humorous for me to get all my greetings as idiot. I don't know where the first place to look for would be to find out how to download with the top down of my laptop using xp. I have turned power management to no avail. I have a compaq presario r3000 pentium with yer basic mobo ethernet (i'm not a complete idiot). Ok, so what I want to do is begin downloading a file, close the laptop screen, and have it continue on. Is there a software setting that allows or disallows such a feature? I figured it was power save and as it wasn't am looking for possible alternatives to getting files downloaded with the top down. I dunno, is this an impossible feat?

the idiot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-internet-connection-lost-when-flip-top-is-closed-31500.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone I have my xps for a few months now but still I haven t found any solutions for my problems st Problem Whenever I boot windows or sometimes after energy-saving mode the keyboard just doesn t work at all I already tried waiting for a few minutes and smashing every button on it nothing made the keyboard working again To solve this I have to restart the (keyboard closed Problems and XPS15 laptop) Dell 9550 computer after that it works nd Problem Whenever I close it while running it just won t quot wake up quot again The power-button-light lights after opening the laptop but the screen stays black rd Dell XPS15 9550 Problems (keyboard and closed laptop) Problem Sometimes when I want to boot windows it just won t I see the quot DELL quot -logo then the few blinks at the top-left corner of the screen A white blinks times and after that nothing happens So these are my problems I hope somebody can help Dell XPS15 9550 Problems (keyboard and closed laptop) me with these because it s very anoying if I have to start the computer twice so that it works like it should If you have any more detailed questions please ask them sincerely SgtDomo P S I have most of the quot recommended quot drivers installed but if you think I am missing one please also tell me nbsp nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19993649
Relevancy 47.3%

I have windows vista installed on my laptop.
all my drivers are updated yet i have the problem of whenever i
close my laptop screen and open it later on it will not return from a black screen

i've tried the workarounds microsoft gave and none of them work

Mainboard : HP 30AE
Chipset : ATI Radeon RS480M
Processor : AMD Turion 64 ML-34 @ 1800 MHz
Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
Video Card : ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon XPRESS 200
Hard Disk : ST98823A (80 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : PHILIPS DVDRAM SDVD8821H ATA Device
DVD-Rom Drive : BB0420H ZHO561L SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : 20 inches
Network Card : Broadcom Corp BCM4309 802.11a/b/g
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RT8139 (A/B/C/810x/813x/C+) Fast Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6000
DirectX : Version 10.00
and those are my system specs.. everything there cept vista came preinstalled on my laptop
any help would be appreciated

A:vista laptop screen going black when lid closed and wont appear when opened.. help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-laptop-screen-going-black-when-lid-closed-and-wont-appear-when-opened-help.572195/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I recently noticed that when I close the lid completely, the monitor doesn't turn off, I can still see light coming from the gap. I've done a fresh install of windows xp recently, but I didn't notice whether it was from the start, or did I do something to fault it.

I have a Dell inspiron 1520. Well worth noting here that when I choose standy when lid is closed it works, so that means the lever mechanism works. That's why I put this in the software section.

Don't know what else to add. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Basically every time i search something on google and click a result, i get redirected to a page full of ads
My laptop also shuts off when i close the screen even though i have it set not to

Operating system: windows 7
Have not gotten any error messeges other than when my computer boots it says "Windows shut done unexpectedly" "find solution" "close"

A:Google results re-direct to spam pages, and my laptop keeps shutting down when lid is closed

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431797/google-results-re-direct-to-spam-pages-and-my-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-when-lid-is-closed/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi well i am getting some ram and more internal memory so i am wondering wether
these two would work on a u300 toshiba satellite laptop:

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000Q76LBY/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2BTWY01498E2U]Corsair 2GB DDR2 667MHz/PC2 5300 SODIMM Laptop Memory: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame] X2
[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Momentus-7200-4-7200rpm-Internal/dp/B002H9XAY0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1250170435&sr=8-7]Seagate Momentus 7200.4 Laptop 2.5 inch Hard Disk Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]
so would these work?

A:Things i am going to get for my Laptop

Apparently you don't trust me... or maybe you just want more opinions, either way;for the third time, they will work.

Remember to buy 2 [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-VS2GSDS667D2-667MHz-SODIMM-Laptop/dp/B000Q76LBY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1250172671&sr=8-7"]Corsair 2GB DDR2 667MHz/PC2 5300 SODIMM Laptop Memory: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20668-things-i-am-going-get-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

This is the laptop,
Lenovo ThinkPad E555 Laptop - Laptops at Ebuyer

Could it do these things?
Play 1080p videos on YouTube
Browse the web without much stuttering
Watch twitch streams
Watch Netflix (HD)
Word processing
Power point making
Spreadsheet making
Skype video chats
Spotify

A:Can this laptop do these things?

Yes, except the 1080p part, because it won't actually be in 1920x1080 resolution since the laptop's max res is 1366 x 768 according to the specs.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/can-laptop-do-these-things-275086/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I have a Gateway Laptop M everytime I move the monitor it gives me an error quot You cannot eject your computer because one of the devices in the docking station Docking Station cannot be stopped because of an unknown error Since this device is still being used do not remove the computer quot The laptop does not have a docking station it never did have one It s driving me crazy I did a clean install of XP and it still does it When it s in DOS it works fine I would imagine it s some type of faulty sensor hardware that s provoking windows to think it s docked Is there a way to disable the docking functionality in windows so XP Laptop it's with docked things this stops The laptop is too old to bother sending in to have fixed The other option I d be fine with is opening it up and remove the sensor If someone knows where it is at Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop with XP things it's docked

I dont know but it might be worth looking in BIOS to see if you can disable docking ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-with-xp-things-its-docked.742690/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone first sorry for my english since it s not my first language so as stated in the title I have no sound on my laptop more -->Tried No MSi things ge-600 many laptop On sound :x I've tried everything and seen numerous forums It is therefore an msi ge- I - m Audio Sound Codec Chip Realtek ALC S Internal Speaker speakers sub-woofer Sound No more sound On MSi ge-600 laptop -->Tried many things :x Volume Adjust by volume button K B hot-key amp SW No more sound On MSi ge-600 laptop -->Tried many things :x -The computer has not suffered any impact etc quot I have reinstalled the drivers thought it does not work I tried Safe Mode as Administrator and reinstall it No more sound On MSi ge-600 laptop -->Tried many things :x still not working In the bottom right-I have the quot speaker icon with a white cross on red It said no speakers or headphones are plugged -I have formatted and reinstalled windows but still no sound -Devices that are the speakers and microphone do not seem to be installed -When I run a video or audio file through windows media player he said The''Windows Media Player can not play the file because of audio device problem Maybe your computer does not have a sound device the latter is used by another program or it does not work correctly '' -Let's not talk about the problem-solving tools windows -The last time the sound had jumped a simple reinstall of Catalyst Control Center allowed me to find himget it back but seems that this time is different -Audio devices are not visible even when I click the option for exhibited devices disabled or disconnected -Nothing wrong in device manager unless the card is not there I see in audio controller ATI HDMI AUDIO SOUND INTEL R FOR SCREEN I also tried to update drivers previous versions uninstall disable reinstall reactivate etc - Front panel configuration When I click on it adjust the volume it tells me no device installed and manage audio devices still nothing apart HDMI AUDIO -windows Audio is enabled in Services And finally I do not know how to see if my sound card still works My pc is months old warranty still works but I am currently abroad so can't bring it to reparation until juanary Thank you in advance for the time you'll devote to my problem feel free to ask me for more information x

A:No more sound On MSi ge-600 laptop -->Tried many things :x

Welcome to SF, Traumi.

And your English is great!

Did the sound EVER work?

Check to see if you have physical volume controls on your notebook. I have them and have accidentally muted my notebook.

Did you get your audio drivers from from MSI?

MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/122083-no-more-sound-msi-ge-600-laptop-tried-many-things-x.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello! I have a little gateway laptop, with windows 7. I have a huge annoying problem. Mostly Everything I try to open, opens in 'Word', Everything has the 'word' icon on the desktop. I've tried changing what programs opens with what. I'm just stuck. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-things-on-laptop.1166978/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Lenovo Z51, with windows 10(installed when I purchased it at London Drugs). its been doing really strange things over the last couple months. Programs opening and closing randomly, mouse cursor jumping all over the screen, and screen size expanding and shrinking randomly, just to name a few. I have run anti virus(Kaspersky and AVG) and maleware programs and it says everything is normal. Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/laptop-doing-weird-things/td-p/3474735
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys dont know if you have any ideas what can be happening on my end Just before christmas i had to reformat my PC according to dell because my Hal DLL file was screwed up so i did i followed all of their instructions on reinstalling drivers in the proper order after reinstalling windows xp after i did the reinstall i noticed my programs were using alot of memory maxing with everything i was doing so yet using my before more ram Reformatted now much things are and laptop than again i did another reformat installed the drivers in the correct order again updated all win updates and i am still expeirencing the same thing again at idle im between - sometimes more and while running certain apps like windows media player for Reformatted my laptop and now things are using much more ram than before instance my memory shoots through the roof causing skipping of audio while browsing Reformatted my laptop and now things are using much more ram than before the net or even opening notepad i look in task manager and i am getting close to used i dont know what is causing this anything i use is running real high do any of you have any idea what could be happening i am using a Dell e ghz gb hdd gig ram and Win Xp any help or suggestions you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated thanks Dan

A:Reformatted my laptop and now things are using much more ram than before

Download, Unzip and run Process explorer:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

After it is running, click on File > Save As let it save as Procexp.txt and attach the file to your next post.

With 1GB of ram, 30% - 40% at idle is not out of the ordinary.

Is your ram 1 single 1GB stick or 2 512MB sticks?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371036/reformatted-my-laptop-and-now-things-are-using-much-more-ram-than-before/
Relevancy 43.86%

I've been trying to be patient about this but when I today got my first quot Windows crashed - and have been restored quot message my patience kind of ran out I'm going to try to explain as much as I can but if any additional information is needed or if I things) (several behaving Laptop weirdly should post in the spyware adware forum please just say so In May I brought a brand-new laptop of the HP brand and with Windows Laptop behaving weirdly (several things) Home Premium -bit It worked perfect for about a month I had a Norton anti-virus but when it expired I changed to AVG because I used it on my PC and it had worked great The laptop started to get slow - especially during the start up Too often I would turn it on click to open a folder or firefox and nothing would happen for minutes the cursor just rolling and rolling or it would freeze until finally after waiting get started and etc I figured it ought to maybe be the AVG program that was slowing it down so I changed to Avast I also went through all the start-up programs and removed those I deemed unnecessary or maybe also slowed things down I also uninstalled the HP dashboard since I had no use of it But it continued to be slow and freezing I tried scanning it but it either a freezes midpoint or b doesn't find anything My gadgets notes clock and calendar started to not show up freeze or just remain blank I tend to get rather often an error message when starting for example firefox that says that a script is unresponsive not working something called fontbuilder so I have to quot block it quot to be able to use the web browser I tried googling about it but could not find anything helpful Lately the touchpad mouse sometimes also stop work just all of the sudden so I have to change and use the wireless mouse or turn off the Laptop behaving weirdly (several things) comp and restart for it to work again I've done most Laptop behaving weirdly (several things) Windows Update I used to have a problem with the touchpad was suppose to have the ALPS driver not Synaptics which was automatically installed by Windows Update And then today when I turned on the computer waited the usual several minutes for it to quot start and open quot the browser and folders the desktop went white for a moment and then I got that message that Windows had crashed and restored at which I could start using it When I looked at the error information which I sadly did not manage to copy before it was accidentally closed it said it was a blue screen error but I never even got the blue screen and have never with the blue screen Any help would be very appreciated I am rather frustrated by this because it's a rather new laptop Thank you

A:Laptop behaving weirdly (several things)

Hi when you uninstalled norton did you use the removal tool Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-behaving-weirdly-several-things-590563.html
Relevancy 43.86%

now that I got my laptop back and runnin again I wanna jus take this time to clear EVERY little problem I seem to be having. This one has been happening for a couple weeks and its not a big problem

its just really annoying.

Right when I start up my laptop, two things pop up

one being, as soon as I log in a pop up comes in the middle of my screen saying:

TaskBarIcon - Access Is Denied

and then the other one that pops up is this

can someone help me out so I can get these pop outs the **** outta my life.

A:two things that pop up everytime I start up my laptop.

Have you tried disabling whatever is in the startup tab through msconfig and then re-enabling them one at a time?

(Start>type 'Msconfig' in the search bar >Startup tab and untick the boxes)

I'd also navigate directly to that file and check the properties> details and see if it points to a particular app.

It's a sus looking file, so I also wouldn't rule out malware/virus (even if AVG doesn't detect it.)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/258667-two-things-pop-up-everytime-i-start-up-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, my laptop is infected with multiple things on it, Win32/ CMDService, Win32/PowerRegScheduler, Win32/ iSearchToolbar, Win32/TTC, Win32/InternetSpeedMonitor, Win32/Virtumonde.gen.

I have downloaded a vundo remover , and virtumondebegone from this website. the vundo remover found quite a bit of things, and removed them, but still think other spyware/malware are on the computer still.

When I am using it, it takes longer than 20 minutes to startup, if I am not in safemode, and for some reason my connection keeps dieing after 15 minutes, so I had to post quickly sorry ><

I ran windows defender, spybot, and adaware. The programs detect the threats, but when I delete them, or quarantine them upon restart, they are back. here is my hijackthis log file pls help thank you very much, this website looks like it will help quite a bit.

A:Help Laptop Infected With Multiple Things

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum Hoover442000My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.When VundoFix re-opens,click the "Scan for Vundo" button.Once it's done scanning,click the "Remove Vundo" button.You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click "YES".Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.When completed,it will prompt that it will reboot your computer,click "OK".Post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt into your next reply.Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.In this case,VundoFix will run on reboot,simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please. *Note*Post all reports/logs directly into this topic,not as attachments,thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121956/help-laptop-infected-with-multiple-things/
Relevancy 43.86%

so, my laptop is dell inspiron. i3, windows 7 home basic 64-bit, 4096MB RAM, etc etc.
few hours ago, i open my antivirus (eset) and open the 'quarantine' file, and then i decided to delete it, i feel hesitant so i open google and it says 'we should keep things on quarantine, hands off it' and i feel i've made mistake.
then i restarted my computer and every .exe program i opened, the 'BAD IMAGE' comes out, i'm frustated. i watched videos on youtube, and i saw that we should system restore it? i did it for 5 times and it didn't work out. please help me! i've been asking everyone i know but none of them knows how

A:'BAD IMAGE' things keep popping out on my laptop, what should i do?

Win7?s no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall - by Fred Langa

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512573/bad-image-things-keep-popping-out-on-my-laptop-what-should-i-do/
Relevancy 43.86%

For example I just went to www blizzard com diablo Hurray for all you Diablo fans it s confirmed After a certain amount of time browsing the site which if you off certain doing Laptop completely after shuts things.. can see is mostly in Flash and has alot of high graphics my computer just turns off and i gotta wait about seconds or else it ll just light up and turn off right away That was just an example of what triggers this many other things trigger it as well I just can t think of anything else right now that triggered it before I think i remember it happening when I was using FL Studio music Laptop completely shuts off after doing certain things.. producing software and when the techno song i was making got to the super cool part it started getting slow and eventually shut off Laptop completely shuts off after doing certain things.. my computer I m startting to Laptop completely shuts off after doing certain things.. think maybe I m just using my computer too much and it s over-heating or something but I stopped by here just to see if what i m thinking is correct or not If not I would really appreciate some help here It s a HP dv Notebook running Windows XP Media Center If you need any more info just ask but I gotta get to sleep right now gt lt so thanks to anyone that helps nbsp

A:Laptop completely shuts off after doing certain things..

Sounds like its getting too hot, you should check the vents on the underside and on the side of the laptop for build up of dirt, also you should be able to remove the heatsink and fan from the underneath of the laptop (be careful when pulling the panel away at there is a wire attached form the panel and the motherboard). detach the wire and clean the fan which may have some build up on dirt in it use a cotton bud to loosen the dirty and a hoover (away from the laptop) to remove the loosend dirt.

also notice that the laptop should ideally be elevated slightly form wher eit is sitting, many people including my brother tend to use the laptop on their beds which prevents any heat from escaping and thus causing the above issues, make sure that there is nothing blocking or covering the vents.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-completely-shuts-off-after-doing-certain-things.725854/
Relevancy 43.86%

Recently my laptop has started acting very slow. It's been quite gradual so I can't put my finger on what made it go slow.
Also, my built in cam and built in speakers have stopped working. They'll work for the first 10 minutes of the laptop being turned on, then they just won't work what so ever.
Some programmes won't uninstall either, coming up with various error messages.

Any help would be appreciated so much! Thanks.

Ravina.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314399/help-slow-laptop-and-various-things-not-working/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi My computer keeps stalling when on explorer I find it often shuts down It is getting worse I have not been able to get an anti virus which is really stupid I know but I will now if there is anymore info you need let me know Much much appreciated you guys have helped me out before and I wil compensate with a money donation in the near future thanks guys you re awesome Oh and i am quite the illiteratee where computers are concerned Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Toshiba Online Product Information TOPI exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files IDM Desktop SMS DesktopSMS exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Registration ToshibaRegistration exe C Windows PixArt PAC Monitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe things Strange laptop on happening my C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Personal bin Personal exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger Strange things happening on my laptop MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe c PROGRA MICROS wkcalrem exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Strange things happening on my laptop Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Strange things happening on my laptop Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google se R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google se R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO L nkhj lp till Adobe PDF Reader - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - c PROGRA mcafee msk mcapbho dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live inloggningshj lpen - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Windows ... Read more

Relevancy 43.86%

This is a really weird problem that I can t figure out Occasionally when I m typing out something in a text box program whatever my cursor will just pause and several keystrokes might be dropped if I m typing fast This seems to happen randomly in spurts like some days it s really bad and other days the problem doesn t occur However something related happens frequently in games where I might press a key to go forward and it ll register as being continually pressed until I press the key once again having problem all of I'm laptop a with, my keyboard things, Specific keys don t do this it seems like all I'm having a problem with, of all things, my laptop keyboard of them do Arrgh and it s frustrating trying to quickly type out say a final paper and having it pause every once in a while If it helps I have an HP laptop with an Athlon mb RAM and well I could give more detailed stats with Belkin if necessary Please note that this problem doesn t affect anything else nothing else will drag or pause just the keyboard Thanks for any and all help or suggestions you can give nbsp

A:I'm having a problem with, of all things, my laptop keyboard

No one has any suggestions? :-(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-having-a-problem-with-of-all-things-my-laptop-keyboard.400262/
Relevancy 43.86%

okay so i'm here due to the on has (: things please help jessie unwanted her laptop, problem jessie has unwanted things on her laptop, help please (: where i am recieving a bunch of pop ups on my comp or jessie has unwanted things on her laptop, help please (: well laptop same thing i've downloaded like different spyware programs trying to solve this but its NO use at all help please thankyou very muchies lt EDIT apparently it says ''The text that you have entered is too long characters Please shorten it to characters long '' so i got some extra bits continued on my second post Deckard's System Scanner v Run by user on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Removed Ad-Aware - - UTC jessie has unwanted things on her laptop, help please (: - RP - Installed Ad-Aware - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG Free -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as user exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG aAvgApi exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C Downloads dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK user exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Browser Helper - f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssbho dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG ... Read more

A:jessie has unwanted things on her laptop, help please (:

2008-03-28 22:07:26 7300 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12067025422.exe
2008-03-28 21:11:26 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12067025433.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 12873 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669815217.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 5482 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669815116.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 17253 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814814.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 15793 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814713.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 7033 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814612.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 11414 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814411.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 7034 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814310.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 2802 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981418.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 18715 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981407.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 8760 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981386.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 16060 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981375.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 7300 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981364.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 8760 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981353.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 5840 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981332.exe
2008-03-28 19:50:23 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066976305.exe
2008-03-28 19:48:24 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066976273.exe
2008-03-28 19:48:20 18980 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066976262.exe
2008-03-28 19:47:59 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066976284.exe
2008-03-28 10:32:33 10220 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066606066.exe
2008-03-28 10:30:11 8760 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066606012.exe
2008-03-28 09:33:57 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066606023.exe
2008-03-28 09:32:37 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066606045.exe
2008-03-27 21:23:10 6304 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120661331116.exe
2008-03-27 20:28:38 14600 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098773.exe
2008-03-27 20:27:11 7300 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098762.exe
2008-03-27 20:25:57 13140 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098816.exe
2008-03-27 20:25:39 4113 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660989114.exe
2008-03-27 20:25:38 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066132974.exe
2008-03-27 20:25:09 5840 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098784.exe
2008-03-27 20:23:56 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066132942.exe
2008-03-27 20:23:19 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066132985.exe
2008-03-27 20:18:48 13604 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120661288410.exe
2008-03-27 20:18:48 9954 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128818.exe
2008-03-27 20:17:06 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128764.exe
2008-03-27 20:17:00 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128796.exe
2008-03-27 20:16:15 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128742.exe
2008-03-27 20:15:51 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128785.exe
2008-03-27 20:09:05 4380 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066125345.exe
2008-03-27 20:09:05 4380 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066125323.exe
2008-03-27 20:09:05 5840 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066125312.exe
2008-03-27 19:26:21 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098805.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 7034 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975716.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 18345 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975515.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 2653 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975414.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 4113 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975313.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 12873 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975212.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 4114 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066097478.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 9955 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066097467.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 7300 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066097446.exe
2008-03... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/jessie-has-unwanted-things-on-her-laptop-help-please-248238.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys, haven't been here for awhile, need to ask a question!

I have a HP laptop with window's vista, Intel centino duo, wireless.

This morning it was doing it's usual installing important updates, and my monitor goes black for a few seconds and the icon's turn big (as in safe mode big) and awhile later my screen blacks out and goes back to normal, but my icons are all messed up ( i'm a neat freak with my icons) please can someone give me advice, this just started this morning and it's bugging me thanks so much, I appreciate it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-monitor-does-wierd-things.684021/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I'm about to purchase a new laptop that will probably be x better than my current one I have a few questions first though I've decided to make this one thread Laptop Few (Mostly things) Questions moving about Get I Before New A a instead of have it be lots of separate ones Welp here goes Can I A Few Questions Before I Get a New Laptop (Mostly about moving things) move everything from this computer A Few Questions Before I Get a New Laptop (Mostly about moving things) to the new one At this point I don't care about the theme being moved or about desktop shortcuts or about how everything's arranged A Few Questions Before I Get a New Laptop (Mostly about moving things) I just want to make sure everything is over on the new one I want to move the entire C drive Is that possible How so An external hard drive Any info at all is appreciated Should I take any precautions before moving files Question is pretty self-explanatory here anything I should do or prepare for before I move everything if moving everything is possible in the first place Any advice in general If you have any advice about new laptops in general please let me know Thank you for any answers you may have

A:A Few Questions Before I Get a New Laptop (Mostly about moving things)

1. User files yes, system files generally not

2. Make an image of the system to an external device - just in case

3. I wonder what you expect to be 5 times better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395484-few-questions-before-i-get-new-laptop-mostly-about-moving-things.html
Relevancy 43.86%

now the weird things - screen flickers even during boot except when Rollback RX bootscreen or BIOS screen is loaded or just before the login things screen laptop my with Weird screen of Windows flickers stop while the windows quot circle quot is animating or when Windows is shutting down - if plugged-in so not on battery the screen flickers from quot very rarely quot to quot no more quot - if on battery and if i put the screen into some special angles the flickers may vanish or be Weird things with my laptop screen reduced - if im on battery and i open my browser and surf to any website the flickers Weird things with my laptop screen stop if i minimize my browser the flickers restart - if i open WIn start menu Weird things with my laptop screen flickers stop - if i link my laptop to my TV via HDMI cable no flickers on TV if i do dual view screen flickers but not the TV now what the hell is happening so my actual fix is to be plugged as much as possible but by this i wear my battery nbsp

A:Weird things with my laptop screen

Would it be possible that Windows 10 automatically changes the battery profile when you change the angle of the screen[1], minimize the browser and open the start menu? If so, I think this may be a problem of your battery.

By the way, I think [1] may be possible. For example, when the angle is very small, the OS may switch the battery profile to an "energy-saving" mode.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/weird-things-with-my-laptop-screen.53911/
Relevancy 43.86%

hello i was hoping that maybe somebody in this forum could help me with some buggy things that are happening with my laptop There are some weird things happening and non of them make any sense st When in screen saver mode i get a pop-up from my webcam requesting access from a local host user When this happens im not running any IM's chatting or doing any type of quot camming quot This just started happening a few days after I performed a system recovery not sytem restore when malware prohibited any option of system restore safe mode functions persmissions etc in fixing my laptop So is this a glitch or still a bug in my system nd On occassion when trying to upload docs my system will automatically select them to upload Happening Help Weird Things Please. With Laptop. My without me clicking ok When this happens the files show upload in progress but it Help Please. Weird Things Happening With My Laptop. either hangs-up or stalls during progress Ive made repeated attempts to attach select file click ok but soon after I select the file the uploading begins Is this another glich or a bug in my system Is this something that vista has a way of doing rd Recently with my itunes i excited the program but the radio station continued to play I thought i was crazy since this has never ever happened I checked for a sidetray or something thinking i minimized the program instead of exiting But when checking my task manager to endtask the program wasnt listed as any running processes Needless to say this really freaked me out Can someone explain Now to give you some background information I just recently quot fixed quot my laptop after my worst hacking nightmare came true When I was hacked or infected i found files with buzzwords such as keylogger payload remote users run feeds repeated logon failures followed by successful logons to watching what I think was a snipet tool capturing screen shoots on my system and web pages I found programs such as msagent and searches on my laptop for quot everything quot which litterally had every page that i probably visited Including encrypted logon pages to email Upon researching i realized i was in serious trouble This was one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me So so far it seems that i have done rather well at restoring fixing my computer with the addition of some new safeguards But I am wondering is there more that can be wrong or more that I can do Also are there any suggestions on a good freeware reg cleaner thats not a trial and can run on vista -bit It seems that everything is only compatible with -bit I thought I would provide as much information as I could so I apologize for the lengthy email But I need help or answers This way over my head Thank you for your time

A:Help Please. Weird Things Happening With My Laptop.

Ok your last item you brought up is the most important. SO not use a registry cleaner! They are a scam tool and can only mess up your computer.

The second thing you should is do a factory restore (format) with disk that is provided with your laptop and erase everything. Back up what you need and do a scan with your antivirus. You should change the settings on your router's encryption if you got hacked. The best thing to do is these things.

-Make the Wireless Encryption to WPA2. WEP was made in 2001 and WPA in 2005/2004. They are old standards and WPA2 is the safest so far.

-Change, if you can the routers ping back settings so that they don't allow automatic pings backs from an outside computer so the hacker can see if the router is vulnerable or even there.

-Change your password to at least a 26 alpha/numeric password. I'll give an example --------- 1a2b3c4d5e6f7g8h9i10J11KLL. The easiest thing to brute force attack a router is one with a password that is in the dictionary. Brute Force attacks is when a computer captures a sample of your encryption and then tries to break by putting a dictionary attack on it. That is it goes through every possible combo in the dictionary/letters and sees if it fits your router's password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-please-weird-things-happening-with-my-laptop-398032.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop screen has started doing some weird things. I first noticed it about 6 months ago after i download zune. The problem would only happen in the zune software. About 2 days ago i upgraded to windows 8 and now it is doing it on every application i open. I can make it go away sometimes by highlighting the text it gets but it doesnt always work. Ill post some pictures that i captured on screen. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Relevancy 43.86%

hi sir
i have lenovo g580 celeron b830 laptop which model name is:20157 and it opens at boot menu everytime.
it goes only into setup after coming out from setup it is not booting ahead only stopped at boot menu

then tell me what should i do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-opens-at-boot-menu.1137845/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I'm new in this forum and I saw a lot of people has this problem I tried a few solutions I found in this website but nothing seems to work I hope someone can help me 'cause this gameharbor thing is kinda annoying Sorry if my english is not very good btw Well here's my FRST log If you need something more just tell me Processes Whitelisted If an entry laptop on opens i turn when Gameharbor my is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMutilps exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe NTI Corporation C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe Alcor Micro Corp C Program Files x AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe Prolific Technology Inc C Windows SysWOW IoctlSvc exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe Wacom Technology Corp C Windows System Wacom Tablet exe LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics Gameharbor opens when i turn on my laptop SynTP SynTPHelper exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x HiVision Multimedia VivaStation ScheduleAgent exe Spotify Ltd C Users Hadrius AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System StikyNot exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe NTI Corporation C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Integrated Clock Controller Service ICCProxy exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared ink InputPersonalization exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Egis Technology Inc C Program Files EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Egis Technology Inc C Program Files EgisTec IPS E... Read more

A:Gameharbor opens when i turn on my laptop

Hi,is this problem gone after the following fix?Please download this attached
 fixlist.txt   151bytes
  9 downloads and save it in the same directory as FRST.Start FRST with Administrator privileges.Press the Fix button.When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) pops up and is saved to the same location the tool was run from.Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547857/gameharbor-opens-when-i-turn-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
Whenever i turn on the laptop, the laptop opens with an warning message, "SMART failure predicted on Hard Disk 0: WDC WD3200BEVT-752CT2- (S1)
WARNING: Immediately backup your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may Be imminent." and it tells me to press "F1 button to continue" but nothing works even after pressing "F1" button. It just shows the windows loading logo. Plz help me coz i got some important data in my hard disk.
Plz do reply fast....

Relevancy 43.86%

A few days ago Solitaire stopped working on my desktop machine. A window seems to open, but then closes without any user prompt. The usual Google search yielded two methods to fix the issue, but neither one worked, which was also the problem for many people in the search result threads.

On my laptop, no such problem. Both are Win 10 Pro 64, both fully up to date with Microsoft patches.

If it matters, I play solitaire (and freecell) as a guest. Both Win 10 installations were upgrades, without a Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

x509

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/66125-solitaire-app-opens-laptop-but-not-desktop-both-win-10-pro-64-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so I've had this laptop since October. Occasionally when I'm on Skype with my cam I get this weird white noise type thing. My whole screen turns into like white noise, like how tv's are on the wrong channel. It's not the regular black and white dots, but there's color to it and it's lines. So basically color noise. It has happened a few times and I have to hold the button down and restart it. Recently though, my laptop has been turning itself off. No BSOD or anything, but just shutting off on it's own. It has happened twice. Once when I was on cam and got the color noise, and now another time while I was just watching a video. I have no idea what's going on. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop acting strange. Few things happening.

Try updating your graphics driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231477-laptop-acting-strange-few-things-happening.html
Relevancy 43.43%

First of all let me inform you that my laptop is so slow that I am making this post on my countless Laptop tried Slow; is things Extremely smart phone Yes it's so frustratingly slow that I'm being forced to this tiny screen on my Laptop is Extremely Slow; tried countless things phone I had to sign up for techsupportforum on this phone and everything so I am really really Laptop is Extremely Slow; tried countless things irritated now by my laptop It was workimg decently a few weeks ago but recently it has become unusable by first-world standards I'm not a computer whiz but I'll give as much info as I can Some info - OS Windows - Memory C GB GB free E GB GB free External Laptop is Extremely Slow; tried countless things HDD TB GB free - Dell Laptop Vostro - About a year old - GB RAM - -bit - Processor Intel Core i - M CPU GHz Problem No matter what I do I will receive lag delay If I open up an internet browser like firefox or chrome they will take a long time to open up about maybe - minutes average IF I even go into the google search bar or URL bar to type something it will freeze up I get the nice blue circle and at the top it will have a nice Not Responding in parentheses This also happens if I open a new tab in said browsers or open a new link in a new page or tab there will be lag delay If I open Control Panel Microsoft Word Adobe Photoshop any movie or music file there will be delay EVEN when I open the Calculator NOTEPAD Yes there is delay on starting up even Notepad and lag when I attempt to type anything in it I e I type maybe words it will lag and if I click within obviously some of you know the program will sort of turn a faded white color until it works again This happens in games as well while I'm doing my thing like for example in Warcraft III if I could manage to get it to work the screen will freeze very often I play this D MMo as well doesn't take a lot of computing power to run it yet my screen freezes very often I used to be able to play this D MMO quite comfortably but now I can't even log in without waiting x the amount of time I normally did and that's no exaggeration When I'm going through folders same thing and usually when I'm navigating and go to a new folder for example Folder A on my Desktop which might have File and when I open the Folder A it wiol be blank and I will see the lag and have to wait maybe seconds or longer before the files appear The problem is this happens often everywhere on my computer whether it's browsing my folders or browsing online such as on Google or Youtube or when I'm trying to game which I unfortunately cannot do any longer Things I thought about and Did - I cleared out programs I don't use no need to tell me that - I do have CCleaner and went through everything on it Registry Error fixes Disk Wiping etc - I do not have a virus so no need to mention that I have Anti Malware and NOD Eset anti virus or whatever it's called - I did disable unneeded startups and there weren't many when I checked anyway through CCleaner and msconfig and I looked at them in Safe Mode - I do not need to Defrag All three of my partitions or whatchamacallthems after analyzation said defragmentation is not needed all at fragmentation - I have went though the Command Prompt running it as an Administrator and did the chkdsk C Drive etc and it didnt do anything - No I didn't install anything funny recently but I have been uninstalling things like crazy to give myself more space because of this issue - No it's not an overheating issue because I used my laptop in a cool environment and intentionally pointed a giant office fan at it to force it to remain cooled and it's still the same results with or without doing so - I often delete these two files in my C drive from a folder called logs They're safe to delete as far as I know and I like doing so because they eat up my memory for nno rreason When I first discovered them one was GB and the other was GB scary I knoe and they constantly increase in size for s... Read more

A:Laptop is Extremely Slow; tried countless things

Also sorryfor this double post, and if this. thread was created in the wrong place, I just joined a few hours ago you see, Newbitis.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-is-extremely-slow-tried-countless-things-681545.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista SP2. She was running McAfee for years with no problems. However, she decided she didn't really need it so she didn't renew it.

There were so many things poping up that I couldn't even get it to a point where I could post even via Safe Mode, which is what I'm in right now.

I did run a few scan so I hope you don't get upset if I post them here.

I'm very interested in learning how to do this for others so any hand-holding/explaining is appreciated.

Oh, does not appear one can attach files on this forum so I'll hold off on those.
Let me know what you'd like me to run.

Much appreciated.
Jim

A:Vista Laptop - many things removed, more left?

Oh, just for a few things that were found and removed -- at least they said they were removed....

trojan.jorik
rootkit.tdss (I was running this)
trojan.fakealert
exploit.drop.2
malware.trace
hijack.exefile
torjan.fakealert
PUM.Bad.Proxy
spyware.passwords.Xgen
Trojan.Ranson.Pgen

Also had this silly thing saying it was a Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KZB890830) that wanted to run but when it did, it spammed the screan something fierce: C:\windows\system32\mrt.exe /R /RE

Also ahd some chkdsk errors that were fixed on files spwizeng.dll & spwmp.dll & spwizeng.dll

Had a Trojan.win32.Agent.hicv in R198174-1.exe

trojan.zefarch
trojan.gen.2
trojan horse
trojan.adh

Also had some silly TelevisionFanatic bar along with other videoscavenger stuff.

Jim

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417499/vista-laptop-many-things-removed-more-left/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Ive got a Dell inspiron and its really being a pain in the arse things Odd internet happening with connection laptop Ive had it years or more and everytthing that could go wrong has done somewere down the line Any how ive been trying to get in the internet recently and ie had problmes Its running windows XP SP and the wireless is on and running but when you right clikc the IP is there and default gateway etc but next to the icon there is an exclamation mark as if to say something is stopping the connection from reaching my PC Ive tried to restart the machine and also disabeling and re enabling the adaptop and also tried the windows reapair Every thime it either says its fixed and working or it comes up saying it cant regiuster with the DNS Also when i do the MSN repair it says the default gatewaey is Odd things happening with laptop internet connection turned off but its there Its all really confusing S I dont know whether this helps or not but its being really slow when you right click and it takes minutes to bring up the connection box but im sure its not a virus becasue ive scanned it with nearly everything ive got So any adivce on connecting Also btw there are other PCs connecting and they all work fine eg the one im no now and i cant re install windows becasue every time i do the hard disk fails and i have buy a new one thius is the th hard drive i have now Cheers nbsp

A:Odd things happening with laptop internet connection

If reinstalling Windows kills the disk hardware, you have a far bigger issue than networking!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-things-happening-with-laptop-internet-connection.756270/
Relevancy 43.43%

Warm weather greetings forum members I'm writing this on behalf of a friend so I might not have all the details So a few months ago one of my friends was having issues with his laptop freezing up randomly He said that using google chrome was freezing the laptop up and other locking laptop things... fun Gateway up weird He Gateway laptop locking up and other fun weird things... came down to visit from university and I checked it out At the time he had McAfee internet protection which was causing a serious file issue where the libraries were being hidden and other files as well I resolved that problem earlier but it came about again I decided to search for all of his files and back them up and I THOROUGHLY wiped down the hard drive which took about eight hours I later reinstalled Windows on it and made sure everything was running fine I have AVG free installed with IE updated and no chrome on it I checked the hard drive RAM and system stability everything came out fine Today he was telling me that his laptop was freezing up again He says that just watching a video in chrome IE or firefox will do it And by his laptop he means Windows isn't responding no mouse pointer movement Ctrl Alt Delete doesn't do Gateway laptop locking up and other fun weird things... anything and he has to kill the power manually and reboot I am stumped When I had it I found no issue with it Videos were playing fine in IE everything was working correctly He thinks that the internet connection at his university might be doing something but I don't think so My only idea is something with Adobe Flash player is screwing with something Anyone have any ideas or suggestions Thanks

A:Gateway laptop locking up and other fun weird things...

Did you check the memory and other hardware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229131-gateway-laptop-locking-up-other-fun-weird-things.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello my laptop started certain randomly let won't it things switches freezing and me use off Laptop without to become very slow so i ran an anti-malware scan and it says i have infections the log is at the bottom the laptop freezes when and randomly switches off it won t let me acces google chrome or Microsoft word Please help DDS files attched posted DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jen at on Internet Laptop randomly switches off and won't let me use certain things without it freezing Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B Laptop randomly switches off and won't let me use certain things without it freezing -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows System svchost exe -k Cognizance C Program Files Hewlett-Packard File Sanitizer HPFSService exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Drive Encryption HpFkCrypt exe C windows system svchost exe -k rpcss c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C windows system Ati evxx exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system SLsvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system Hpservice exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows system Ati evxx exe C windows system WLANExt exe C windows system taskeng exe C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork c Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accoca exe C windows system AEADISRV EXE C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe c Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTChangeFilterService exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system rpcnet exe C Program Files Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows system taskeng exe C windows Explorer EXE c Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM Bin AsGHost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accrdsub exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager pthosttr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard File Sanitizer CoreShredder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Windows Live Messeng... Read more

A:Laptop randomly switches off and won't let me use certain things without it freezing

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388280/laptop-randomly-switches-off-and-wont-let-me-use-certain-things-without-it-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

i reinstalled XP Pro on my laptop and i can't get these 2 things, i right chicked on them to tell the to update, they says no new update...

I have a HP Dv 8000 (Dv 8210us i think)
HP Pavilion dv8210us Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

yellow ? Otherdevices
|- yellow ? : Mass Storage Controller
|- yellow ? : MS Bus Controller

I do not see the 2 on there: Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv8210us Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

do i need these? or is there any place i can get these from? there not listed on HP site....

A:[SOLVED] Laptop-reinstalled XP missing 2 things

Hi try installing the chipset

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-laptop-reinstalled-xp-missing-2-things-564854.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've read around and tried the following:

Alt+F4

removing the battery with the power cord unplugged and holding the power down for 20-30 secs (reset BIOS?) then put the power cord back in and tried to turn it on.

Just turning it off and on a few times(I guess it could be stuck in sleed mode?)

I tried to light up the screen with a flashlight to see if the LED went out but screen was still black.

It's a toshiba satellite sli1

Thoughts on other things I can try?

(the issue happened...after my cat puked on the laptop(keyboard part)

A:Laptop turns on but screen black. I've tried a few things.

"(the issue happened...after my cat puked on the laptop(keyboard part)"...

If there is dried cat vomit near one of the top hinges, there's a small micro switch that senses that the top cover is closed. If this switch is damaged, it will give you the black LCD screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-on-but-screen-black-ive-tried-a-few-things.171202/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello and slow running not Laptop things working various - hoping someone can help with this problem My friend uses his laptop purely for work related bits of computing Invoices Email - Laptop running slow and various things not working that kind of thing Someone tried to put Sage accounts on it for him and since that dayhe's had nothing but issues Computer running very slowly Google chrome not opening Laptop running slow and various things not working Microsoft Security Essentials not opening I remotely logged into his machine and had a bit of Laptop running slow and various things not working a look around I also ran Trend Housecall which found and fixed a few Virus One thing that was a problem was when starting Trend Housecall - when you click start scan and it downloads the exe file this was going into the downloads file and had a file extension of numbers rather than the exe I also noticed that his Microsoft Internet Explorer which he started using when Chrome wouldn't open had at some time been taken over by safefinder com - this was the URL when opening Internet Explorer - http search safefinder com st sc amp q So I've taken a HijackThis log on his machine and hoping someone can help find the cause of the issues he's having Here is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users Thermocool Solutions AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE GVMDJ PT HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http F E - F D p mKO AwFzXIpYRYEqQao TxTGptbOxpBNbfHztjVtRVK QXSgt go NKSTLMYVGjVCANSzWpqOiYuzE v rfo- ZYzRjqbrJRjlQi uOc c kSYxRKMpWbU F AM kkuvZfFPiD Xg nHokwhCd I k H qov nB KfbKBCqv geyxK Dcaz d amp q searchTerms R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http F E - F D p mKO AwFzXIpYRYEqQao TxTGptbOxpBNbfHztjVtRVK QXSgt go NKSTLMYVGjVCANSzWpqOiYuzE v rfo- ZYzRjqbrJRjlQi uOc c kSYxRKMpWbU F AM kkuvZfFPiD Xg nHokwhCd I k H qov nB KfbKBCqv geyxK Dcaz d amp q searchTerms R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http F E - F D p mKO AwFzXIpYRYEqQao TxTGptbOxpBNbfHztjVtRVK QXSgt go NKSTLMYVGjVCANSzWpqOiYuzE v rfo- ZYzRjqbrJRjlQi uOc c kSYxRKMpWbU F AM kkuvZfFPiD Xg nHokwhCd I k H qov nB KfbKBCqv geyxK Dcaz d amp q searchTerms R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http F E - F D p mKO AwFzXIpYRYEqQao TxTGptbOxpBNbfHztjVtRVK QXSgt go NKSTLMYVGjVCANSzWpqOiYuzE v rfo- ZYzRjqbrJRjlQi uOc c kSYxRKMpWbU F AM kkuvZfFPiD Xg nHokwhCd I k H qov nB KfbKBCqv geyxK Dcaz d amp q searchTerms R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO... Read more

A:Laptop running slow and various things not working

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===How is the computer running now?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592644/laptop-running-slow-and-various-things-not-working/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gateway MX Laptop running Windows XP Media Center Edition sp On start up it takes anywhere from - minutes for the Wireless icon to appear in the Starts After up Laptop 10 Start minutes Things Some system tray When I click on internet explorer to open the browser nothing happens So at first I went to network connections in the control panel and clicked it and nothing happened So I went to add remove programs and it says installed programs but nothing is there I also try to open Live Mail and it doesn t do anything Laptop Starts Some Things 10 minutes After Start up This all really makes no sense to me I can open up everything else in control panel and it loads just fine Everything else seems to be loading and working fine I have also scanned for viruses and spyware I defragmented the hard drive I don t know what else to do or what the problem could be I have considered reinstalling windows to see if this fixes the problem I really don t want to do that because there are several programs I would lose MS Laptop Starts Some Things 10 minutes After Start up Office and a few other programs that I don t have disk for I would really appreciate help Thanks

A:Laptop Starts Some Things 10 minutes After Start up

A start would be to run the chkdsk /r command.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot the system.

The command will run and then the system will attempt to boot into XP upon command completion.

Error messages?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345700/laptop-starts-some-things-10-minutes-after-start-up/
Relevancy 43.43%

Before with windows 7, my sleep mode would come instantly back into the computer with a tap of any button and be instantly working.

Now it says my computer logo (ASUS) then says Resuming Windows. all this **** takes wayyy too long its killing me.

WHY.

Next, when I start up the computer, since I installed this over vista, every single time it gives me the option "Vista or Windows 7"

Please help!

I have an Nvidia N50Vn. Also, it appears to run significantly slower than it used to. Like by A lot.

A:Had to Reinstall Windows 7. Few weird things on laptop

Sounds like you have installed windows 7 in addition to windows vista instead of doing a clean install, as I assume you intended. Have you ran the system updates and made sure all of your drivers are correct?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/had-to-reinstall-windows-7-few-weird-things-on-laptop-460162.html
Relevancy 43.43%

So here s the situation at my end About years ago I bought a Dell XPS laptop with a year warranty I ve recently received as part of that warranty a new XPS laptop as the old one has had multiple hardware problems Fortunately I now have both laptops both working and dell will collect the old laptop in a couple of weeks time giving me time to transfer on laptop things internet slower loads New the data over But the new laptop is much slower noticeably so browsing the internet and loading images Take a standard photo album on facebook for example I load the New laptop loads things on internet slower same album up on the same internet connection and click through the photos at exactly the same time My old laptop loads the images as near to immediately as I can describe whereas the new laptop although admittedly not VERY slow loads each picture about half a second later every single time It s like New laptop loads things on internet slower there is a delay on the new laptop This is where I m confused Old XPS Windows GB Ram TB SATA old i core New XPS Windows GB Ram GB SSD latest i core also has better graphics card and a K touchscreen So all in all a warranty win but on paper this laptop should be the bomb It s like it s lagging when loading I ve tried changing to google public DNS still a lag Lag is there even when using the new laptop without the old laptop on just in case anyone is thinking along those lines Anyone got any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

OS Windows HP DV Main Browser is Chrome Came back from summer vacation in late August Laptop would periodically open the calculator application on it s own and while typing would also just write gibberish Didn t think much of Types on Application and Opens Laptop Calculator its Own. it ignored it for a bit It eventually stopped and Laptop Types and Opens Calculator Application on its Own. it would only happen on rare occasions but now it has become almost inoperable The popups and gibberish only occur when I m typing I can click and browse freely But as soon as I type something in google or a word document the laptop goes insane I found out that my father used it while I was away and installed a program that would allow him to watch live TV in the browser don t remember what the program was because I immediately uninstalled it I just really want to get rid of this problem I ve posted in the CNET forums and have done about full virus scans and still nothing has worked I just ran the hijackthis program Please help

A:Laptop Types and Opens Calculator Application on its Own.

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425823/laptop-types-and-opens-calculator-application-on-its-own/