Windows Support Forum

Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Q: Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 69.66%

My / Wireless network WIN2000 client has a wireless network I got it set up last week He has a laptop and another desktop with AirLink wireless cards and a DLINK wireless router One machine is WIN the laptop and other desktop are XP I was getting an IP conflict with the machines trying to connect to the wireless router On the XP machine Tunneling is WIN2000 / Wireless network on I attempted to resolve the IP conflict by setting up a static IP address for the WIN machine I also set the DNS to I was able to ping the and ping the router but I tried to ping the yahoo web site this won t let me put the site in no response I pinged the IP address for yahoo that worked So why the hell will the computer not resolve DNS I removed and re-installed the TCP IP protocol WIN2000 / Wireless network that didn t work changed some other options I can t remember what all I changed I was so tired from a hour day I was frusterated This is gonna drive me crazy please help nbsp

A:WIN2000 / Wireless network

What is the IP range in the DHCP pool?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-wireless-network.370056/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 66.22%

Originally posted by navguy how can i fix the following error message quot the system cannot log you on this domain because the systems computer account System of Network Properties Win2kPro: Missing Identification Tab out in it s primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect quot I have already created user accounts on the pdc but i cannot logon using my domain admin account I logon using the local sys admin account and i can see the domain controller and all it s shared files but when i try to log in using my domain account i get the message above Any help would be appreciated Navguy I was able Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties to fix the problem For those that Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties ever see the problem here is the fix just remove you workstation from the domain and then add it to the domain again Right click network neighborhood in the identification tab click on change then just click on workstation apply you do not have to reboot then just click on change again then add it to the domain and that s it Click to expand Well has anyone ever seen a W K Pro computer in a similiar situation with the identification tab missing I am able to log on as the local admin so I can change the computer name to join the domain but the tab is missing I know I am in the right spot but not sure why it s not Thanks nbsp

A:Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2kpro-missing-network-identification-tab-out-of-system-properties.150673/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey, how are you?

So I'm trying to connect to the internet via wireless. I have this sheet that tells me step-by-step instructions on how to do this (connect to my work network). The problem is that when I right-click on 'Wireless Network Connection,' only the Networking and Sharing are the only options that show up. I need the 'General' 'Wireless Networks' 'Advanced' tabs to continue my set-up. Am I clicking on the wrong thing? This also happens with my 'Local Area Connection'.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214925-missing-general-wireless-networks-advanced-tabs-properties.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am trying to reserve an IP for my computer but when I went to the Connection with issue protocols, missing and services Network Properties clients, properties of my wireless network connection the connection properties window is Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing missing everything except for Client for Microsoft Networks Even the connect using field has nothing Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing in it The wireless connection is working but I can t get to the TCP IP protocol to reserve the IP instead of using DHCP Here is an image of the issue An screen cap of my wireless network connection properties can be seen here http i photobucket com albums hh gremmie untitled jpg Has anyone ever seen this Any ideas to fix it Thanks for any info EDIT I forgot to mention that when I click the install button and click either client service or protocol I get an error message that says quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot so I can t reinstall the TCP IP Protocol to reserve the IP nbsp

A:Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing

Click on install then choose protocol then add and see....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-properties-issue-with-protocols-clients-and-services-missing.692118/
Relevancy 64.5%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 64.07%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I've been using a Ethernet cable to connect to my computer for a while since it gave me a faster connection then wifi but I also use the Ethernet cable for other devices after a while I swap them I still could connect to wifi on my computer after a month pass I swapped it and I notice that my wifi is not connecting I have check it and it was nothing but a empty list I have searched the web for a solution for this problem but none of the solution worked I can no longer get wifi and I have no idea how to fix it I tried to update the network adaptor but nothing happened after all this manually connect to a wireless network gone missing and as wireless to Help 10 a and missing adaptor missing connect manually Windows network wifi well as my Wifi Network adaptor the only thing that showing in my network connection is quot Help Windows 10 manually connect to a wireless network missing and wifi adaptor missing Ethernet Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS quot and quot LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter quot those are the only things showing please help Also I had my computer for years and my computer had a built in Wifi adaptor or so

A:Help Windows 10 manually connect to a wireless network missing and wifi adaptor missing

Hi welcome to Windows Central! Here's a link from MS that might help. If you need more help, please join the forum and start a thread! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-get-connected Join the Windows Central Community!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444647-help-windows-10-manually-connect-wireless-network-missing-wifi-adaptor-missing.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to configure a home network to share printers and files, but for some reason one of my two computers cannot see the other. My laptop cannot see my desktop when I go to "Network" but it can see my other wireless devices. My desktop can see everything on the network, including the laptop. I have checked all the firewalls, including McAfee settings.

One thing that I found to be strange was that in Network Properties for my wireless network, the desktop shows "networking" AND "sharing" tabs, but the laptop is missing the "sharing" tab. I think that this might be the problem.

Also, I forgot to mention that the desktop can ping the laptop, but the laptop will not ping the desktop.

Thank you for the help

A:"Sharing" tab is missing in network properties

Welcome to the forum
Some possible answers
Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties - Vista Help
http://www.winvistatips.com/sharing-...s-t117535.html

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286407-sharing-tab-missing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 57.19%

i'm trying to configure my network to connect automaticaly.
i right click the network on the network list, but there is only disconnect and status.
there is no "properties" option.
on another computer there is.
the user is admin and UAC is turned off.

F#&^$%

A:don't have the "properties" option for wireless network

Go to start > control panel > network

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78454-dont-have-properties-option-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Advice please! My wireless network tab is missing from wireless network connections/ change advanced settings when i look in there i only get General and Advanced tabs.
I have followed other forums where people have had the same problems. I have checked the wireless zero configuration - stopped the service, restarted PC, started the service, restarted PC but no changes.

Any other ideas on how to get this tab back?

Many thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-tab-missing.981082/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here I ve got a problem with the wireless connection I missing wireless went tab network went to check to see if i could configure the wireless setting under network connections When i right clicked on the wireless network connection there usually would be three tabs on the top namely General wireless wireless network tab went missing network and Advanced However all i could wireless network tab went missing find were only General and Advanced The wireless network tab was missing I also checked to see if the user has the administrator permission in wireless network tab went missing the user accounts under control panel and it said computer administrator So i believe the user is the administrator I don t know how to work around this Could anyone help me on this Then when i login as administrator the wireless connection works without any problems at all and the wireless network tab is there appearing Hence this problem only occurs when i login as someone but that someone is also the administrator What s the difference here very bizarre Has anything been turned off or disabled Any suggestion BTW the machine runs on windows XP Pro and used at home Thank you in advance nbsp

A:wireless network tab went missing

see if the Wireless Zero Configuration service is started when logged in as the user that is having a problem. If it isn't, start it and make sure it is also set to automatic. You can get to services by going to Start>Run type services.msc and hit ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-tab-went-missing.677898/
Relevancy 56.33%

I had to reinstall a hard drive and operating system on my computer. Windows will not set up wireless networking so I followed instructions, clicked on Properties in the wireless icon in Network Connections, but the window comes up with only two tabs: General and Advanced. The Wireless Network Connections tab that comes up on my other computers is missing so I can't configure Windows to set up wireless connections. Advice?

A:Wireless Network tab missing

Do you have another wireless utility running? If so, it probably has an option (such as "use Windows to manage wireless") to turn itself off and turn Windows XP's Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) on.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about since I mostly avoid using WZC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-tab-missing.696171/
Relevancy 56.33%

Please help me.
ok i just bought a laptop from my aunt it is a dell inspiron 4000 with windows xp
and there is not Wireless Network Tab so i can search wireless connections. i have tried Wireless Zero and it works fine so that is not the problem i have tried the command prompt and i have installed service park 2
plz any suggestions

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello there,
I have a Toshiba Satellite A65-S126 notebook that just bought, it was running Microsoft XP Home so I upgraded it to XP Pro. Now my problem is I no longer have a wireless network tab in the properties box of my wireless network connections nor is there anything wireless in the control panel. This notebook is using Atheros Super G for the wireless. I have tried reinstalling the wireless zero configuration and I have made sure that the service is set to run automatic. Still I have no wireless tab. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am at my wits end.
Thanks
Richard F.

A:Wireless network tab missing!

Go Start>Run and type in msconfig. In the Services tab, make sure there's a tick in the Wireless Zero Configuration box. If not, put one in. click OK, restart and tick the "don't show me" box, then OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-tab-missing.281940/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there. Here is my product key for reference:
Pkey: C6S52EA#ABU
Serial: [Personal Information Removed]

I have a problem to connect to Wifi. now can only online by ethernet cable. Tried to solve on my own but seems to be a dead end. I believe it happened right after Win10 is installed

I noticed some of the hp staffs ask for the PCI number thingy, so heres mine just in case needed.
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_183F103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_183F103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless Network Adapter Missing

Welcome to the HP Forums! I see from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion g6-2212sa Notebook and Wireless connecting issues. Here is an excellent starting point. I would uninstall all that is listed in the Network adapter section and restart the Notebook. Here is a link to your driver page. What you see in the Network adapters should match the Download. Please get back to me how this goes.  To show that you are thankful of my post, click the Thumbs up below.  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Network-Adapter-Missing/td-p/5605464
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Amateur in need of assistance I have a HP Pavilion dv nr network adapter Missing wireless laptop I purchased the machine about years ago and had minimal issues Just last week i noticed my wireless was disconnected orange light I Missing wireless network adapter didn t think much of it and tried to restart my computer I have not been able to use my wireless since I can connect wired to my router I also know the issue is not with my router since the other wireless devices in my house work fine The driver is missing from the device manager and I have tried to reinstall drivers from HP s site but they have not installed correctly I am not super technical and at a loss on what steps to take next I would appreciate any help you could provide If additional information is needed please let me know Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta B None Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Thanks Marla nbsp

A:Missing wireless network adapter

The driver is missing from the device manager and I have tried to reinstall drivers from HP's site but they have not installed correctly.Click to expand...

What happens ?

Drivers for wireless from HP site here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3370371#N2090

Have you tried to remove the adapter and then let windows detect on a reboot and then install the drivers
to remove the adapter - goto device manager right click on the adapter and uninstall
would you post back an image of device manager

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-wireless-network-adapter.957763/
Relevancy 55.47%

First of all I would like Adapter Network Wireless Missing to apologise for my lack of knowledge on the subject and potentialy bad english since Wireless Network Adapter Missing it ism t my first language I have HP Foolio m with Ubuntu and Windows installed The laptop has been working perfectly until yesterday I left it on using windows at the time for about - h with some windows open When I came back and wamted to close them they all went not responding and I got thr quot windows explorer has stopped working quot message I restarted the PC and my wifi wouldnt connect I tried toggling the wifi button on the laptop it was turned off LED was orange but with no success When I tried to enable disable the adapter it wasn t there Then I noticed that the wifi icon in the start bar next to the clock was missing as well I googled a bit tried to update drivers hard without internet tho I am sharing my mobile internet via hotspot In the device menager there was no wireless driver Tried to scan for new hardware in order to install it again but with no success yet again This next part is possibly where I screwed up I tried adding legacy hardware some intel wifi drivers but none of the worked they alll had yellow warning sign next to them so i uninstall them Only one stuck and wouldnt uninstall even if i checked the box remove from the system or smth loke that I cant remember the name of the driver and cant look it up because and here we come to my second problem my laptop wont boot now It is stuck on the starting windows screen It even booted yesterday after a long time but wouldnt shut down properly taking too long again I should mention that after restarting it a couple of times before the boot prpblem occured I downloaded some wimdows wifi drivers from hp website on my phone then transfered it and installed After installimg the first one nothing happened No changes in the device menager so I installed the second one The same story Then the boot problem occures I tried booting Ubuntu and it worked just fine Until this morning when my mousepad stopped working This problem occured before and I was able to resolve it and there is a possibilty that these two arent connected but I figured it was worth mentioning it All help and any advice is highly apreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-missing.1164121/
Relevancy 55.47%

Wireless network connection is missing from change adapter setting

tried reboot and system restore but no help

Please help

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all,

Weird problem. I hooked up a linksys device to one of my laptop to change settings on it. Now that I have unhooked it. For some reason, there is no longer a network tab under the properties of my wireless card! I have enabled the wired and wlan config in services but it still will not come back! I'm trying to configure a wireless connection with the internal wireless card like I normally do. The tab is just no longer there! I have no idea why and I'm lost.

Any ideas? Remember this is Vista there is no wireless zero configuration just the wired and wlan config.

A:Wireless network tab missing in VISTA

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-tab-missing-in-vista.807332/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all,

Weird problem. I hooked up a linksys device to one of my laptop to change settings on it. Now that I have unhooked it. For some reason, there is no longer a network tab under the properties of my wireless card! I have enabled the wired and wlan config in services but it still will not come back! I'm trying to configure a wireless connection with the internal wireless card like I normally do. The tab is just no longer there! I have no idea why and I'm lost.

Any ideas? Remember this is Vista there is no wireless zero configuration just the wired and wlan config.

A:Wireless network tab missing in Vista

Is your copy of Vista updated to SP1? What version of Vista are you running? Is your system clean and free of viruses and other malware. By Network tab, do you mean the word "Network" in the start menu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-tab-missing-in-vista.123639/
Relevancy 55.47%

This is my first post here, so I want to thank everyone for providing a great way to get support!!!

On to my question.

I recently received a new Notebook (IBM T42) at work. It has a Pentium M.

The problem is that when I access network connections there is no icon for Wireless Networks. I called the IT help desk and the guy laughed. He said that I would have to access the BIOS directory to figure this one out. He said he couldn't help me with it because tehy sell a card for $150 and I needed to buy it. But he also said I was welcome to figure it out for myself.

I accessed the bios at startup and found a couple of descriptions in the BIOS refering to "wireless". They all were "enabled".

Can anyone help me get this icon to appear so I can use my work computer at home?

Relevancy 55.47%

In network connections

ive looked to install the device but im not sure what its called or if its there it diffenatly has one because it was fine till i formatted my (C and installed windows home edition SP2 and ive installed all updates im certain but it wont show up in network connections what can i do?

my laptop doesnt have an external wireless switch as such
but on my keyboard there is like a upside down triangle with and stick down the middle (sorry for the crap description) and i think that is the wireless thing but ive been pressing it and then looking on netowrk connections but it doesnt show up

anything i can do???

Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to help my sister set up her wireless router but there is not wireless network icon. I went to device manager to check the situ and it was empty.

Any ideas?? She has an Acer laptop

Relevancy 55.47%

I have an acer aspire laptop operating windows 7. Following virus issues the installation was restored theoretically with backed up files

main issue is that it is not showing a wireless adapter
Driver updates don't work
The device manager is showing a device but I believe its the ethernet cable connection

A:Wireless network adapter missing

Can you post a screen shot of what is showing in Device Manager, make sure the Network section is expanded

How to post a screenshot: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-missing.1115402/
Relevancy 55.47%

My HP laptop crashed due to a bad HD. I replaced the HD and installed Windows XP professional. Everything seems to work fine except I have no wireless network connection icon on the Network Connections screen - hence I can't connect to my wi-fi. Since the hardware is unchanged except for the HD, I must be missing some firmware or software - like a driver. Or possibly a bad setting in the SSID or something? I have installed SP2 and SP3. What can I do to correct this problem?

A:Missing wireless network icon

Probably what you need to do is, as you suggest, install some drivers--at least the wireless. Download them from HP's web site. Check in Device Manager to see what you are missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-wireless-network-icon.1059539/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

I've recently installed Microsoft XP Professional edition. I used to have a working wireless network adaptor and but now it's missing. I cannot see it under Device Manager. I've seen other posts that suggest updating drivers but if the OS cannot see this hardware how the hell do I make Windows find it?

Can anyone help?

It's a Toshiba laptop. According to Toshiba tech support the wireless network adaptor is an Intel Pro 2915.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys

My mother got a hold of the family netbook and deleted the drivers for my wireless network adapter. I can't seem for the life of me to get the drivers to come back and I went online and found them but that didn't work either.

My netbook can't even see that there's a wireless adapter in the computer. What can I do to fix this? I have a Samsung N150 Plus NetBook with windows 7 starter.

Kimie

Relevancy 55.47%

I read through a couple of posts on this site and took the suggestions.

My wireless network adapter is missing from my device manager. I checked the BIOS and it was disabled so I enabled it. But it had an ! next to it and a warning that the adapter would not boot if there was an ! next to it.

What should my next step be?

A:Wireless Network Adapter Missing

That would indicate you are missing the driver. That would either be on a cd or you can go to www.hp.com and put in the model number of your pc and download the right driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-missing.789139/
Relevancy 55.47%

I need Help. My Wireless network tab is missing on my Windows xp operating system. I use a Acer Aspire 5000 Laptop. I was doing some anti virus cleaning and when I restarted my Computer, I could not get my woreless connection back on. Looking into the system, I discovered that my Tab was Missing. I spent the last couple of days on a friends laptop looking for anwsers and found none. Can anyone please help me ???

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Using my windows XP Pro laptop I am able to View availage wireless Networks that are made available to people of my compound So I select one of the available wireless network and try to connect to it by simply clicking on CONNECT Then I get the message quot Connected to xxx network Signal strength excellent quot But I what's network: Connecting missing? to wireless guess that s not enough because I cannot browse web pages and anyway I do not even get an IP address even after an ipconfig release followed by an ipconfig renew Also how come without providing a Network Key I was able to still connect and how come I was able to connect but not being able to go further What is missing to be able to access the web despite the confirmation that I Connecting to wireless network: what's missing? am connected Do I need to absolutely run at the administrators of those hot spots wireless networks and ask them for some setups Thanks Connecting to wireless network: what's missing? for helping nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey, just reinstalled vista. First thing i did was try to connect to net, " This computer does not have a wireless network adaptor installed and configured" Will this be on teh driver and utilities CD i got with my computer? or must i get it from an external source?

Thanks

A:Wireless Network Adaptor for Vista missing.

hi try the disk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adaptor-for-vista-missing.820008/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just reinstalled windows on my laptop and finished installing all the drivers but noticed my wireless internet wasn't working. It gave me the same message "missing driver - missing wireless network adapter". So I downloaded the driver for that (Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card) and now my wireless internet works... However I'm still getting the "missing driver" message every time I start up my computer.

I've been in my device manager and looked in Network Connections and it definitely says "Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card" right under it along with "1934 Network Adapter" and "Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller".

So am I missing something? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

I Wireless get can but online Adapter... Missing still Network I ve had a brand new Dell Vostro laptop since November with a wireless internet network set up that has up until this point been working perfectly Yesterday when I fired up my laptop it was inexplicable extremely slow in loading logging in etc Missing Wireless Network Adapter... but I can still get online There appeared to be no reason for this and just hours before when I had been using it it was working perfectly as normal Finally after it took a very long time to load it came up with the message that quot no wireless network adapter was detected in the system quot There is no apparent reason for this - we have not touched the hardware since it was set up several months ago This notification message gave me an option to quot follow these recommended steps to resolve the issue quot advising my to right click on My Computer go to Properties go to the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager before clicking on Network Adapters and proceeding with further steps but whenever I click on Device Manager I then get a new error message saying quot Microsoft Management Console has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot Yet despite these problems I am able to access internet pages log on to MSN and my wireless manager tells me that I am successfully connected to my network My laptop is still occasionally a bit slow but not as slow as it was when initially the problem occurred My wireless is Intel R PROSet Wireless and uses Netgear nbsp

A:Missing Wireless Network Adapter... but I can still get online

Additional information: I also discovered that since yesterday even when teh laptop was inexplicably slow and after which the missing wireless network adapter message appeared, I also seem to have absolutely no sound on my laptop. I press the volume buttons up and down and nothing happens - I don't mean I get the box showing they are going up a notch or down a notch and not hearing anything... I don't even get the box showing that sound is going up or down when I press the buttons, and I have no sound at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-wireless-network-adapter-but-i-can-still-get-online.723840/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently installed a Belkin wireless adapter to couple desktops.

One desktop gave me know troubles the other I can use the Belkin wireless program to connect and it drops it and out every couple minutes, it is unusable.

Therefore, I was going to use the Windows wireless connection. But, if I go to the Control Panel, Network Connections, I do not see the Wireless Connection Icon??

I have rebooted a few times since the install of the Belkin software.
I do not get the typicial wireless antena icon in the taskbar.
I checked services and see that Windows Wireless Zero Config is running.

Thanks for any Help
Russ - [email protected]

Relevancy 55.04%

ok here is the scenario I have we have a D-Link ADSL modem port switch with a single desktop connected via cable and a wireless network set up the network is set to automatic channel scal WPA secured other settings are on automatic there are two laptops in our household one is used regularly and the internet works fine for weeks without any issues however when I bring the second my work laptop home and connect it to the network it works fine for minutes or so then the connection is lost after succesful connection after Wireless goes missing network this the wireless network dissapears completely none of the laptops are able to find it this has happened times now every time in the same way I have checked the network with inSSIDer and it appears to popup every now and then with a Wireless network goes missing after succesful connection weak signal but then dissapears in seconds rebooting the router modem does not help the only way I can get it to work is to reinstall the wireless network from scratch any ideas what could be causing this it seems like only the other laptop triggers this is this even possible or just really bizarre coincidence I have tried rebooting the modem every time no help I checked all settings everything looks ok diagnostic give nothing all this time the desktop connected via cable works fine any ideas how to fix this I have just replaced the model as the old one broke so I d hate to have to buy another one again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-goes-missing-after-succesful-connection.874156/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a HP mini when i go into network connections the wireless icon is gone I m not sure what happen I have already looked in the device manager and nothing is highlighted or has a or X here is my ipconfig info Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name kupa Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd wa comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd wa comcast missing Wireless connection icon network net Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet C ontroller Physical Address -A - -A - B- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless network connection icon missing IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe aa ff fea b c Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Wednesday July PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd wa comcast net Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- A- A- Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp Wireless network connection icon missing

Relevancy 55.04%

I have my network set up correctly but when I print from the networked laptop the printer only prints partial text -- almost every other line in a doc. Got a solution for me?

A:Missing text when printing via wireless network

The first thing that I would check is if using the correct drivers for the printer.

Have you tried a "print test page" option from the properties of this printer on the laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-text-when-printing-via-wireless-network.439453/
Relevancy 55.04%

God knows how this happened, but I've been yanking my hair out attempting to fix it.

I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 9300.

Upon restart a few days ago, I was unable to connect to any wireless connection. My Wireless Network Connection Properties box looked as such:

After re-installing the Intel/Pro Wireless 2915ABG program/drivers/etc., when I click on "Configure" it goes to the adapter's properties screen. (woohoo!)

However, I have no TCP/IP protocol. I click on "Install", choose "Protocol" and receive the following error:

"Could not add the requested component. The error is: The system cannot find the file specified".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's making me positively nuts.

Thank you!
Jess

A:Wireless Network Connection Missing TCP/IP Protocol

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your wireless network card. I had the same prob with my Dell Inspiron 9300 and just downloaded the lastest drivers and it works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-missing-tcp-ip-protocol.829007/
Relevancy 54.18%

I had to re-install windows after a crash.  When I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost the%Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter. I went back to windows 8 and it wasmissing there too?  Where can I get this driver wihout paying $100???

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter MISSING

The link I provided downloads the drivers from Acer's support site. Did it not work when you clicked on my link?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Atheros-AR5BWB222-Wireless-Network-Adapter-MISSING/td-p/443183
Relevancy 54.18%

I had to re-install windows after a crash.  When I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost the%Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter. I went back to windows 8 and it wasmissing there too?  Where can I get this driver wihout paying $100???

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Atheros-AR5BWB222-Wireless-Network-Adapter-MISSING/td-p/443183/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Sony Vaio VGNFW D that runs with Windows Vista Ever since I got this computer about yrs ago I have had problems with it suddenly disconnecting from the internet When this happens it could never detect any wireless networks and I would have to restart the computer to temporarily solve the problem It usually happened after the computer was in hibernation Yesterday this Device Wireless Missing Manager Adapter Network Is From happened again only this time restarting the computer did not solve the problem When I could not connect to a network I clicked on quot Diagnose why Windows cannot find any additional networks quot and it said quot Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct drivers are loaded quot I went onto the Sony website to download the Intel Wifi link AGN wireless LAN Driver and updates The download Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager was not successful and I received a message indicating that the latest updates of this driver were already installed in my computer I spoke with different representatives at Sony and they were no help They only directed me to links that had steps to finding out what my problem was which I followed with no success Most of the steps included enabling the adapter in the device manager uninstalling and reinstalling the driver etc I could not do any of these things because the driver Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager does not appear in the device manager at all I am hoping that there is someone that has heard of this happening before so that I can get a solution to this problem It is not convenient to have an ethernet cable running through my entire house Thank you nbsp

A:Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager

The wireless adapter does not appear under Network Adapters in Device Manager and there are no warnings or errors anywhere in Device Manager, right?

Check in you BIOS (Setup) to see if it somehow got disabled there.

If you can access the adapter through a cover on the bottom of the laptop remove and carefully and firmly reinsert the card three or four times (this will usually wipe any possible corrosion off the contacts).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-is-missing-from-device-manager.1013799/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I am a new member on this forum - I am looking for some help I have an ACER ASPIRE laptop - with Windows Home Premium bit - the Network adapter is not recognized Please help me - I cannot connect using the DSL cable to my router there is no wireless - it's like I am in the stone age I went to device manager in Control Panel clicked on Network tried to search for driver on computer - but to no internet network - wireless no - !!! adapter missing no 7 Windows avail I also downloaded the driver from the internet copied on a USB and tried to update still no luck Windows 7 network adapter missing - no internet - no wireless !!! Please if anyone out there can help I will be very grateful I do not Windows 7 network adapter missing - no internet - no wireless !!! have a Windows CD although my Windows is a genuine one pre-installed since on my laptop Never had a problem I downloaded an ISO file for Windows Home Premium bit but don't know what to do with it or how to convert it in an actual Windows CD I will be grateful for all the help I can get Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 network adapter missing - no internet - no wireless !!!

Hi.

Can you give us the exact model number of your laptop? If you're not sure how to check, close the lid and flip it upside down, then check what it says after "Aspire" for example, mine is the Aspire V3-531G).

Also, did you download official drivers from the Acer website? If not, just give us the model, and I'll give you a link to an official driver download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357744-windows-7-network-adapter-missing-no-internet-no-wireless.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I just spent the last several days trying to find the solution on this site to getting my wireless connection back I could not find the solution so I m trying this post I re-installed Windows XP Home on my Dell Inspiron m because the system was getting way too slow to be useful I did msconfig and turned off what i thought might be safe to turn off but that only improved performance slightly Anyway after re-installing windows the system is spunky Missing Wireless Solved: Network Connection Icon again but the previously working wireless no longer seems to work The Windows Help told me to Solved: Missing Wireless Network Connection Icon go to Network Connections and quot click the wireless network connection icon quot Unfortunately like the other folks the icon on my system is missing As instructed to other folks I went to Device Manager and I found that everything under Other Devices had a yellow question mark or exclamation point I went Solved: Missing Wireless Network Connection Icon to Solved: Missing Wireless Network Connection Icon Properties on some of these devices and the message said quot The drivers for this device are not installed Code quot I then went to Dell Support to see if I can find the drivers for my wireless modem I got some files but when i clicked on the Reinstall Driver button it said it could not find the drivers I opened the command line and typed quot ipconfig all quot but nothing came up All it said was quot Windows IP Configuration quot So now I m lost Not sure what to do next Check the modems physical connection Any assistance would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I have had this same thread in Networking forums with no response and am now trying it here My adapter is sleep. adapter from resuming missing S3 after Wireless network always gone from resuming from sleep I know it was working before Just changed my ram and bios settings from a fresh build Went from Corsair xms to G Skill Ripjaws I am having this same issue with my newly built pc The drive running Windows is from a laptop where the Wireless network adapter missing after resuming from S3 sleep. mobo died I am using it in AHCI mode because my case has a front hot swap caddy I have a Gigabyte Z X-UD H-B mobo and after installing and uninstalling drivers software changing settings removing ram changing power options to maximum power for pci card and wifi turning off hibernate restarted rebooted updated all drivers from Gigabyte chipset drivers etc I have unchecked quot allow Windows to turn off this device quot Restarted and tested and I get the same issue I have unchecked this box in all of my networking devices too including n Wireless Lan Card and Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter Also uninstalled and reinstalled these and updated drivers from my disc that came from Gigabyte as well as driver update from the Gigabyte website Nothing I do will turn on my wifi card after sleep Windows will not see a network adapter In device manager there is no wireless card even after showing hidden devices Adding a device does not discover it Installing the network card driver and software does nothing to detect it Windows thinks there is no Wireless network adapter missing after resuming from S3 sleep. device connected Everything works fine after restarting though I have S enabled in bios as that Wireless network adapter missing after resuming from S3 sleep. is what I want I have cpu fan that I don't want to hear with no option to turn them off Otherwise i'd be fine with S Is this just not a working feature I've read that sleep is an ongoing issue with Windows but my pc sleeps fine I just want to be able to put my pc to S sleep and resume with a working wifi card There must be a key setting i'm missing because i'm sure it was working with my last set of ram

A:Wireless network adapter missing after resuming from S3 sleep.

Could you try the wireless adapter on another PC - preferably not yours where you seem to have done a lot of things - and check whether the same problem is there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202797-wireless-network-adapter-missing-after-resuming-s3-sleep.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi! I am using HP ENVY 15-j002ex Notebook PC running windows 8 and suddenly my wireless connectivity is gone. The WiFi button does not switch on(stays red) in flight mode on and off. There is no wireless network adapter driver in the device manager. The troubleshooter says to connect an ethernet cable. I've tried many things and have tried to install drivers from the HP website but they don't install or are not being shown in the device manager. Any help will be appreciated.

A:HP Envy 15 Wireless Network adapter driver missing

Try a hard reset.Disconnect all external devices first.1-remove power cord and battery2-press power button for 30 seconds3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.4-power on

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-15-Wireless-Network-adapter-driver-missing/td-p/5628979
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have a Dell Studio running on Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit I recently installed a fresh copy and wireless was working fine before I am able to connect to Internet via ethernet cord but no luck connecting to my wireless When I open the network amp sharing center my laptop detects no devices whatsoever When I run the diagnostic it says I need to ensure that I have the proper hardware and drivers installed Of course I did not physically With Connecting Controller Missing Network To Issues Wireless, alter my laptop so where is my wireless network adapter I have installed all the latest Windows Vista updates and have installed all necessary drivers from the dell website for my Studio In device manager my network controller is called Broadcom Gigabit Netlink Controller and I have updated the driver for that as well I have a yellow exclamation next to network controller In properties it is completely unidentified regarding manufacturer etc I'm at a total loss on what to do next

A:Issues With Connecting To Wireless, Missing Network Controller

Hello, and Welcome to BC

Right click the Network Controller with the yellow exclamation mark. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595967/issues-with-connecting-to-wireless-missing-network-controller/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I reinstalled W home premium bit on my Asus k u laptop Installation went good but i cant find wireless connection When i try to install there is not option for wireless connection its like my laptop never heard off wireless But when i unplug internet cable from my router and put in my computer internet works Im pretty sure that my router works cause i have other laptops asus and toshiba and they drivers! missing Wireless controller network , not working have internet from router But i missing network controller drivers i went to device manager and there is yellow triangle on my network controller tab and it says that i missing drivers f r that So i suppose i need those drivers to find wireless Ive tried to find it on internet but not sucess so far I downloaded different but nothing solved problem So i hope you know solution for my problem NOTE Asus i reinstalled worked fine before on wirless internet Sorry for my english

A:Wireless not working , missing network controller drivers!

Can you cannot to internet wired instead of wireless?
Open device manager. Any exclamation marks/unknown devices there?

Give me the hardware id's of devices without driver. Just doubleclick on them and click on "Details" tab. expand properties->Hardware-id

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/273497-wireless-not-working-missing-network-controller-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently reformatted and re-installed Windows 7 onto my laptop..and i seem to have absolutely no wireless anything...the only thing i noticed diff is that the netwrok controller under device manager has a big yellow exclamation mark next to it. Could someone please help me?

A:Network Controller Driver missing (No Wireless connection options)

Hi Matimo .. Welcome to Seven Forums ... Go to your Manufactures website . And download the Drivers for your Network ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306422-network-controller-driver-missing-no-wireless-connection-options.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all Firstly kudos to the mods and active tech members who have made non-IT professionals lives so easier Thank you and hats off to you all I have seen other related solved topics here but my case is a bit different I guess - as I have tried and tested those I have a Toshiba satellite A series laptop GHz duo core GB RAM HDD and I ve been using Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition for over years and very seldom I had problems except for viruses of course I have Microsoft security essentials installed and I know that s not the best in the business list Wireless from Device adapter missing network Manger's in terms of protection But off late I have noticed that my in-built firewall and defender wouldn t get started -I am using my friend s laptop will post the exact message next time I come here Okay yesterday I used my laptop in a bus with wifi on it After reaching home I found myself Wireless network adapter missing from Device Manger's list unable to connect to the internet through wifi the wifi network list was just blank When I checked the device manager gt network gt I could only find ethernet there - gt no wireless adapter Though it connects to the internet via the ethernet cable So is it due to viruses and or corrupt registry I use cc cleaner for system optimisation free disc s space - as you might know in Windows Vista the free space in c drive mysteriously gets reduced everyday the laptop is turned on - I saw in Microsoft s website that using such cleaning tools actually harms more than anything else May be my system s registry has gone haywire and so is the wifi adapter I Wireless network adapter missing from Device Manger's list have seen other related posts here and I want to kindly let you know that I am not a beginner - I ve been using computers for about years now and have more than a basic knowledge about it So please expect me to have tried basic things like - reinstalling the device driver checking if the switch is on and so forth My question is - has the time come when I started considering formatting my system and re-install a fresh copy of windows vista ofcourse as my hardware is a bit too old to support newer OSs Or is it the hardware problem How do we know that the concerned hardware is dead now Do I format the system or just buy an external USB wifi device Also if I may ask - do I have to buy a new copy of windows or would the previous license key work Many many thanks in anticipation Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone
I am missing the wireless network icon from my task bar and Network Connections folder.
I have an inbuilt wireless card and the driver seems to be installed correctly.
Thanks for your help.

A:Missing wireless network connection icon Lenovo t400

Look in your manual, you probably have a wireless switch somewhere on the desktop or sides switched off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-wireless-network-connection-icon-lenovo-t400.971286/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi:
There is NO connection although Belkin Wireless Adaptor is blinking to catch signal.

Whenever there is no connection, I need to click Belkins Utility at System tray at the bottom in order to get connection, however it does not keep connected and lasts only 10-20 minutes.

Besides this, I found when I clicked, icon of Belkin > Properties > Network and found there is no 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings.'

How to remedy this issue?

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Solved: 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings.' is missing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-use-windows-to-configure-my-wireless-network-settings-is-missing.1095456/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone. Please help. I have a Gateway Notebook Model ML6720 that has built-in Wireless. The PC was heavily infected by Virus and I had to re-install Vista Operating system. Now, it will not detect the Wireless Adapter. I went to the maufacturer's website on another computer and downloaded the driver and installed the driver on the laptop. However, it did not help. The blue "wireless" light on the laptop is "lit", however when I go to "Device Manager" and look at the Network Drives, it only shows the wired Ethernet option. Not sure what I need to do at this point. Please help. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Wireless Network Adapter Missing after Windows Vista Re-install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-adapter-missing-after-windows-vista-re-install.983368/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I ve just bought a brand new comp Pentium with a gig hd yesterday night I tired to install windows on it first it came up with a msg saying that my hd is unformatted and needs to be formatted before win can proform setup It formated the hd then after came up with another msg saying that the hd is current particaned soemthing like example loads of bytes is used mb is free and asked if I wanted to delete the partician I deleted the partician and it asked to reformat the drive After format it started setup and while scanning the comp the screen went black - problem Is Installation Win2000 NTLDR Missing with an error saying something to do with NTLDR And asked me to reboot the hd After I rebooted it coems up with the following error NTLDR Is Missing I found this page and followed the instructions but cant get it work http support microsoft com default aspx scid KB en-us q I stick the bootdisk in tried win se with sys com in it and tried booting it with both cd support and without but when it goes to A I type NTLDR Is Missing - Win2000 Installation problem A sys c it says invalid drive or something when I tried with a ME version of sys com it told me that it couldnt create the sys com on c now my hd seems to be in an endless loop with virtually no o s on it apart from whatever is NTLDR Is Missing - Win2000 Installation problem causing it to loop plz help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a cable D-link explorer but no connect win2000 wireless ok wireless router setup main connection is to my XP desktop via ethernet and it works great I have a win pro laptop with a linksys PCMCIA wireless adapter Previously it has worked great on hotspots at coffee shops etc just start it up and it connects automatically almost My D-link wireless router is setup and I load up my laptop and it finds and connects to the wireless router just fine and the WEP security sign on win2000 wireless connect ok but no explorer works fine I get the message that everything is connected When I clik on Explorer to bring it up I get the old site not found screen looks like there may be a error msg flashing by on the bottom of the page but it goes so fast I cannot read it the wierd thing is when I connect with the win2000 wireless connect ok but no explorer ethernet cable direct to the D-link router every thing works fine and I can surf just fine any help is appreciated on what I can do to make explorer work it is up to date version nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

You guys Rock!!! You helped me fix my work PC today and one of my coworkers asked me to post this for him regarding his home PC.

He has Win2000 and lost all his desktop icons, start menu and task bar. He has to do a ctrl-alt-delete to do anything.

All of the previous fixes here appear to be for XP machines.

Any advice I can pass along?

Thanks again for the help.

A:Win2000 Start menu, desktop icons and taskbar missing

I moved this to the proper forum, perhaps you'll get more help here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-start-menu-desktop-icons-and-taskbar-missing.454739/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All

I am trying to network Win2000 and NT pier to pier.

I had this network running and needed to replace my hard drive in my
Win2000. Since then I have been unable to establish the connection.

Th NT pc seems able to see the Win2000 on my network-neighborhood but cannot connect. The Win2000 cannot see the NT at all. I have made correct available shares etc.

Thanks fo any help

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All

I am trying to network Win2000 and NT pier to pier.

I had this network running and needed to replace my hard drive in my
Win2000. Since then I have been unable to establish the connection.

Th NT pc seems able to see the Win2000 on my network but cannot connect.
When I click the win2000 pc to create a map I get "The network path was not found"
The Win2000 cannot see the NT at all. I have made correct available shares etc.

Using cross over cable

Win2000 can ping the NT but NT cannot ping the Win2000

Any help appreciated

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I am about to lose what is left of my mind and I am hoping I can get some help So here goes A musician friend of mine gave me a copy of his new album and I burned it to my Computer Its not like he is a big name musician so I a Keylogger & Missing Properties had to fill out the properties for each MP on the album When I right clicked the Properties for the songs I noticed that under the summary tab The different fields were suddenly missing In contrast to what should be there things Missing Properties & a Keylogger like Artist Album Title Year Track number Etc I have Track number Title and Comments At first I thought I may have turned this view off so i restarted each and every service on my computer That s when I found a Family Keylogger that I never installed I am the computer s owner and administrator so it really should not be there I tried to remove it but I don t think that It worked When i turned several of the services off again i noticed it was gone but that does not mean its truly gone My anti Virus didn t catch it neither did spybot or adaware I asked a friend and he said the properties are gone because of a virus or something similar but as far as i can tell - my computer is clean with the exception of this elusive family keylogger I read a thread on here from someone who had a similar problem with their audio file properties summary However no solution was given and the thread had not been posted to since January which is why i came here for help if there is anoyone with a clue as to what I should do please tell me nbsp

A:Missing Properties & a Keylogger

To download HJTsetup.exe fromTrendSecure To Download HijackThis go to the following at the File Repository
Click on the link below to Download HijackThis Self Installer:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe

Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
A security expert with a gold shield to the right of their name should take a look at your log - please be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-properties-a-keylogger.602294/
Relevancy 50.74%

Anyone have a guess Ben helped me rule out ATI properties display missing software Hi When I select Display from the control panel menu or when I right click on the desktop and select Properties nothing happens more precisely I sometimes see an instantaneous flash as it tries to create a window of some sort which is immediately removed I can adjust the screen resolution using the Catalyst control center GUI but the standard Microsoft options to control Wallpaper screen savers themes etc are absent from that GUI display properties missing I am currently running without the Catalyst control center only the driver Problem does NOT occur in Safe Mode Machine Windows XP-Pro SP nearly up to date on Windows updates ATI GPU with latest - driver Much debugging as been related to the Catalyst control center but display properties missing the problem persists even after removing the display driver all catalyst software and running Driver Cleaner run in safe mode and rebooting using default VGA driver Problem is present in a brand new admin user account as well I have also removed all startup programs except maybe the mouse using various startup utilities as well as editing RUN portions in the Registry This machine has never had a malicious malware attack so far as I am aware I don t know when this started but I noticed the inability to set my wallpaper when I recently tried a screen saver program which left me with a blue desktop background Google-ing the problem finds many identical complaints but none of the associated fixes address my problem such as registry display properties missing entries relating to disabling display option tabs or disabling control panel features such as addressed by some of Kelly s Korner register scripts and others Probably unrelated but when I let Windows Update load of the most recent security updates I m mostly up to date one of them kills Internet Explorer which kills Windows Update so I had to do a restore This is potentially a much bigger concern than the missing display GUI Any suggestions will be most appreciated -bob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-missing.940258/
Relevancy 50.74%

Why my details tab missing in properties? in any file!

like this pic: (JPEG File)

By omereilon at 2012-05-24

and this pic: (MP3 File)

By omereilon at 2012-05-24

it happens in exe file too! in any file1
please help me to fix it quickly!!!

Thanks advance

A:Details tab missing in properties!

You may want to carry out a virus scan, for which Malwarebytes is eminently suitable: Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

Your user account may be corrupted so you could try creating a new account to see whether that has the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231382-details-tab-missing-properties.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Win2k with sp4 and IE6. I had a virus (JAVA_BYTVERIFY.A) that I think removed the basics tab but I can't figure out how to restore it. I also get an error when going to the add/remove programs..."Unexpected error occurred wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment res://sp3res.dll/default.hta line: 84".

Please help!

A:IE 6 properties, basics tab missing

go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ , and download 'Hijack This!'.
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-properties-basics-tab-missing.159864/
Relevancy 50.74%

When restarting my PC my monitor wouldn't always start up again. I finally got fed up, took it in to a shop, video card was defective. I had it replaced with a Celestica Radeon 9200. They called me from the shop, said the computer was ready, but that the display was all messed up. I didn't think it'd be that big of a deal to fix, so I took it home. The resolution options are available as a tray icon so that was no problem. But, when I go into display properties, I have no tabs - no desktop, screensaver, bappearance, or settings - all I have is themes. Is this because my old video card messed up Windows (XP Pro)? Everything else seems to be running properly. No viruses, adware or spyware. Is there a registry edit to get these tabs back?

Relevancy 50.74%

When I insert a USB into my laptop the Autoplay dialog box open however when I right click on the properties of my USB the Autoplay tab is missing, the same with CD-ROM drive.

The Shell Hardware Detection service is started, however I haven't try the registry hack

A:Autoplay tab in USB properties is missing?

Hello Stuckfree,

Please ensure that the Shell Hardware Detection is set to Auto. Also try the suggestions provided by Flavius and Home4thewinters in the thread on missing auto-play. For more details, see AutoPlay/AutoRun Not Working or Missing Not Open in Windows Vista and How to Change AutoPlay Settings in Vista.

Hope this helps!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300527-autoplay-tab-usb-properties-missing.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a problem on my work computer at work All of the lab techs at my college some shouldn't be lab techs mind you all have to use this computer to help in System Tab Properties Missing the students and most of us will browse from site to Missing Tab in System Properties site looking up things while we are bored Our boss has given Missing Tab in System Properties me the assignment of trying to fix what they have screwed up When we attempt to view our system properties the only tabs visible are Advanced General Computer Name Automatic Updates Hardware The last tab we can see it but its header is blank and when it is selected it is blank They have ran all the microsoft antispyware adaware spybot blaster and our local command antivirus and it hasn't picked up anything We had a recent flair up of the My tob virus in a few classrooms but this problem was around way before then Looking forward to what you ask me to do to try to fix this we are using a Dell GX on XP pro SP

A:Missing Tab in System Properties

Here is a solution that I found.

System Restore Group Policy restrictions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOM
System Restore tab may be missing in My Computer Properties. Also, when you run System

Restore (rstrui.exe), you receive this message:
"System Restore has been turned off by group policy. To turn on System Restore, contact your

domain Administrator."

-or-

System Restore Properties page says disabled by Group Policy

RESOLUTION
Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT and press Enter

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore

In the right-pane:

Delete the value DisableConfig

Delete the value DisableSR

For Windows XP Professional, you can accomplish the above using Group Policy Editor as well.

Click Start, Run and type GPEDIT.MSC

Navigate to this path:

=> Computer Configuration

==> Administrative Templates

===> System

====> System Restore

Double-click Turn off System Restore to Not Configured

Double-click Turn off Configuration to Not Configured

More Information
Turn off System Restore corresponds to DisableSR registry value. With this Policy is turned ON,

the System Restore tab may be missing in My Computer Properties. Also, when you run System

Restore (rstrui.exe), you receive this message:

System Restore has been turned off by group policy. To turn on System Restore, contact your

domain Administrator.

Turn off Configuration corresponds to DisableConfig registry value. With this Policy turned ON, the

System Restore tab will remain displayed but the user cannot configure the SR options. It reads

disabled by Group Policy

"Remote" tab missing in My Computer properties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you right-click My Computer icon in the Desktop and choose Properties, the Remote tab

may be missing. As a result, you may be unable to configure the Remote Assistance / Remote

Desktop settings. To restore the tab, follow these steps:

Click Start, Run and type this command:

regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\remotepg.dll

If you receive an error stating that the module could not be found, or stating no registration

helper is registered for this file type (which indicates a corrupt DLL), extracting a new copy from

XP CD should help. Make sure that you extract the updated copy of the DLL file if you have

applied the XP Service Pack in your system. Register the DLL again.

(Extract the DLL from a Slipstreamed XP CD, or copy the remotepg.dll from ServicePackFiles\i386

folder to Windows\System32 folder)

To extract the DLL from Windows XP CD, type this in Command Prompt

EXPAND X:\I386\REMOTEPG.DL_ -R C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

Where X:\ is your CD-ROM drive letter. The above command assumes Windows is installed in C:\

drive. If not, change the drive letter / Path accordingly.

Example

EXPAND H:\I386\REMOTEPG.DL_ -R G:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

It's kinda' long but it work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-tab-in-system-properties-47953.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have 2 Win2000 computers in network. Trying to connect 3rd computer running XP Home Edition. XP instructions include creating a network install disk that is supposed to load on non-XP computers but when loading the disk, it says it won't work on Win2000. Does anyone know how to connect the XP machine into my network so that I can share files and printers?

Relevancy 50.74%

hello tech;
i have a problem with networking three different operating systems through a
linksys wireless G router.
when xp and 2000 are connected they share the internet without any problems. As soon as i add the system with xp64 everything locks up.
i put the static ip address in the router, and all system are set to obtain an
ip address automatically.
also is it possible to run two routers from a dsl modem using the same ip address.
or can i install windows xp on the xp64 system and use xp as the route to
the internet, if so would it be advisible to add another physical hard drive with
xp on it.

any help would be appreciated.

A:problem with network xp64,xp pro, win2000

No you can not run two routers off that modem, but you could dsiable DHCP on the second one and give it a different subset.
I wish I could answer the 64 bit issue but ince my machines will not handle the 64 bit OS (even though I have copies of server and XP) I guess I will just have to wait.
It should work just like 32 bit XP. Can you post the ipconfig /ALL RESULTS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-network-xp64-xp-pro-win2000.420249/
Relevancy 50.74%

Can anyone reccommend a good source of information on how to set up a win 2000 ethernet network from scratch and how to get it to communicate with a much larger university network?

Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

Guys, I have a problem.. My style property in my visual studio is missing... when I drag a <div> into the design table but when I clicked the property it doesn't show all, normally they show ID, Align, Class, Dir, Lang, Run At, Style, Title, xml:Lang... but it recently showed only ID, Align and Run at.. Im just wondering where the other property went.. any one have an idea? Thanks.. I tried searching the net but found nothing.

Relevancy 50.31%

My friend's, XP Home system is missing the "Remote" tab in the Control Panel > System dialog Box. Anyone heard of this?

A:Missing Remote Tab In System Properties

I've got that problem atm. Sadly I think I induced this problem and now nothing will fix it but for your problem I'm sure the Instructions Here will solve it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132245/missing-remote-tab-in-system-properties/
Relevancy 50.31%

When I go to display properties, the Desktop & Screensaver tabs are missing. I currently have a blue background with all my normal icon's, everything else seems to be running normal. I am running XP Professional.

Thank's T.J.

A:Missing Display Properties Tabs

You could try uninstalling/reinstalling your current video drivers.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214776/missing-display-properties-tabs/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am new to this forum and would like some help on a folder properties issue. All my document folders like Pictures, Music, Documents, etc. have been redirected to a different partition than C:/ All except for the Videos folder as there is no Location tab in the Properties window. I searched other threads but have not found a solution. Could someone please help me out here?

A:Missing Location tab in folder Properties

Hello Kheyno, and welcome to Vista Forums.

There may have been a mistake made when moving the Videos folder. This should be able to help though.
Backup anything that you do not want to lose in the Videos folder to another location.Restore the default Videos folder location (Option Three).Delete all Videos folders including any at C:\Users\(user-name) and in the Start Menu.Type shell:My Video in the Start Menu search box and press enter.Restart the computer to apply. It may take a couple of times before you see the default Videos folder back.Now try to move the Videos folder to the other location again if you would still like to.Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262770-missing-location-tab-folder-properties.html
Relevancy 50.31%

In Win XP (and previous), right click in Win Explorer brings up a properties selection. There is a version tab that allows me to see exactly which program I am using. This is important for things that stop working (like graphic filters).

How do I get this information in Win 7?

A:File Version missing from properties

This should solve your problem:
Windows 7 File-properties "Version" Tab Shell Extension - CodeProject

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268199-file-version-missing-properties.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm running 4 monitors on 2 geforce 8800 graphics cards (2 connected to each). The problem is, one of them isn't being detected by the system. In display properties under settings, it's only showing 3 monitors. Even if I don't have one of the monitors connected, it still shows up as 3 monitors (with the one I unplugged as disabled).

I tried swapping cables, swapping which monitors are connected to which port of each graphics card, and checking to see if it's being detected in the nvidia control panel. I think the problem is with the windows display settings. Is there any way to force it to detect the fourth monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-monitors-1-missing-in-display-properties.764314/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am seem to be missing some of the tabs in display properties in control panel I am running windows XP home edition I picked up a virus and Missing tabs in Properties some Display I had some other issues for a little while I noticed when it started to infect and I pulled my internet cord in case it was going to try to get at any of my personal data I ran my Norton right away and after about an hour of running the scans and deleting some stuff my comp started to work a lot better but now I seem to be missing the tabs where you would change wallpaper and screen saver settings There might be more but I m a casual computer user and I don t remember what the others might Missing some tabs in Display Properties be Well looking at my norton history there were Missing some tabs in Display Properties a few viruses Trojan Fakeavalert Trojan Zlob times Bloodhound sonar and one named simply downloader Right now the comp seems to be working OK and all Missing some tabs in Display Properties scans come back clear so it s just the tabs as far as I know Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I had that evil Hijacker on my computer awhile back. I did the whole cleandesktop.exe, HJT and what not.

But now, just relizing this, my "Desktop" tab is missing from my Display Properties.

I am running XP SP2.

I have entered "gpedit.msc" after i clicked run from the start menu, i just get an error. So i couldn't follow http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm

Its jsut very sad as i just got 150 Themes for my computer and i wanna use them! but i can't since the Desktop Tab is missing.

Anyone know how to fix this? I have set the UserCell or something from the Policies from HK_CURRENTUSER or w/e to the value of 0.

I dont know what else to do! Ahhhhhhh

Relevancy 50.31%

Here's the on my laptop:

And on my desktop:
I just reformatted my desktop and it went missing. I want to share my internet but the option is just not there. How do I make it appear?

Thanks and reps will be given

A:Missing Sharing tab in Lan Properties in Windows 7

Check to see if this is enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59902-missing-sharing-tab-lan-properties-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, x86 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 262911 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD, MS-7312
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Missing subfolder within My Computer Properties: There is no Tools tab, the only tabs available are General & Shortcut.
Assistance or suggestions needed!

Other XP forums have been no help.

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm using a Mac Pro (desktop) but running it exclusively in Windows XP 64-bit. Until recently, all 16 GB of RAM was working correctly. Now however only 8 GB of RAM shows up under system properties and DxDiag. However, CPU-Z from CPUID shows 8 slots of memory each with 2 GB (which is indeed what is loaded). Why is there this discrepancy and how can I make the machine use all of it again? Thanks.

A:Memory missing from system properties

Has the machine been moved? Even though some software is correctly reporting the memory it would be worthwhile opening it up and checking all the sticks of memory are firmly pushed down and correctly seated in the slots. I'd guess the different software has different methods of querying the system properties. Some might actually query the memory, others might just query what the bios reports which might register the ram details even if it isn't functioning properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-missing-from-system-properties.159844/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am curious and just noticed how the "Graphics Properties" and "Graphics Options" disappared from my Right Click Menu. I did recently install Glary Utilities and ran some scans. Not sure if that may have some relation to it or not. Any suggestions?

A:Right Click Menu - Missing GFX Properties

Hello ChaosDark,
If i remember correctly, Glary Utilities makes a back up, go ahead and reinstall that, and then post back how that worked. You may end up doing a system restore if that does not repair those drivers.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293093-right-click-menu-missing-gfx-properties.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi folks, this is my first post here, please be gentle!

I was looking to change the settings in my windows7 internet properties security tab because when I try to force quit and restore windows explorer to fix a missing windows icons issue, I was getting a message that "These files can't be opened: Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened"
I found the following link to help fix my issue: [Updated] These files can

But I am unable access some important options because the security options box is missing some items, as seen in the screenshots below

Does anyone have an idea what may have happened, and how I can restore functionality? I can't for the life of me figure out how this happened. I never use Internet Explorer, just Chrome and Firefox. If not for the missing icon issue, I probably never would have found out about this issue.

A:Internet Properties missing functionality

Hello and welcome hombre I am a little puzzled as to why you have internet properties yet mine opens as internet options.

But I guess that might be a regional variation though I don't know why?

But one you can try is running this and run it for about three scans

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/279705-internet-properties-missing-functionality.html