Windows Support Forum

installer keeps popping up

Q: installer keeps popping up

I tried uninstalling Norton internet Security because it was creating all sorts of issues. I'm still wrestling with it but now windows installer keeps popping up with virtually everything I do. The setup window pops up and says "MSI must be launched through setup". When I click ok it pops back up 4-5 more times before giving up. I'm not real computer savy. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks

Dave

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: installer keeps popping up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: installer keeps popping up

Forgot to mention I'm running XP Pro on a Dell 2.4 P4. Thanks

dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installer-keeps-popping-up.322391/
Relevancy 26.66%

Any ideas on this anyone?
A SATA 2.5" drive has a corrupted OS on it and I want to format it and then reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.
The drive is detected by the BIOS but does not show up as an available drive in the install routine (no drives found). I
If I remove the drive and connect it as a SATA drive to a desktop (so I can format it that way), it again shows up on the BIOS but is not available as a drive in Windows Explorer.
This drive has been pre-repaired by PCWorld - I wonder if they did anything odd to it?

A:Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

After connecting the drive to your desktop, please go to control panel > admin tools > computer management > Disk Management.

If your drive shows up there, it mean physically it is ok, just that its partition tables has gone wonky.

You can simply delete the existing partition tables there, and re-create new one and format it. Hopefully that will work and solve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-detected-by-bios-but-not-by-windows-installer.168868/
Relevancy 29.67%

After updating my audio drivers, I get a VERY noticable popping noise whenever I'm using Skype or listening to music, I haven't tried using Driversweeper to remove the Drivers completely but I did try doing a system restore to two days ago and didn't get anywhere with it.

A:Audio popping from headset

I'd revert to the previous drivers. Perhaps the new codex are not good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-popping-from-headset.163064/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I recently built myself a new computer and everything is working fine except for this one thing with my speakers. I'll randomly get this popping noise when there's nothing playing from the speakers. It's very seldom but I'd like nonetheless to get rid of it. Also I tried with different brand new speakers and the popping was still there, any help appreciated, thank you.

Specs if it helps
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
AMD Phenom II 965 BE @3.4
G.skill Ripjaws 4gb ddr3-1333
XFX HD 4770
OCZ 700w PS
750gb WD Black

A:Speaker popping

I built another system today for a friend of mine identical specs -the 4770 instead a GTS450, and it does not have that speaker issue... Any ideas anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speaker-popping.154908/
Relevancy 27.09%

Windows could not load the installer for lt device gt Contact your hardware vendor for assistance For every Windows could <device> for the installer load not USB device I connect I m met with the error in attachment nr quot Device installer error quot When I boot my computer the error comes in this order first the keyboard then keyboard followed by the mouse and at Windows could not load the installer for <device> the end Volume Keyboard and mouse works So the messages are just annoying HDD however is unable to mount even with the compmgmt msc Then I m met with error message displayed in attachment nr quot Logical Disk Manager quot According to other posts on the internet I have check that the following files are available in the systemroot system quot sfcfiles dll quot quot sfc dll quot quot desk cpl quot I ve also ran the line quot systemroot system msiexec exe regserver quot as well as a complete Windows Update Still nothing is able to fix this Seriously considering a full reinstall of windows Thing is my CD is located a hour drive from here S Any ideas on how to fix this installer problem without having access to my windows CD ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Microsoft Windows XP Professional x Edition Version Service Pack Intel Core Quad CPU GHz with GB RAM nbsp

A:Windows could not load the installer for <device>

You may have a virus or other type of malware infection. You will need to install XP Service Pack 3 too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-could-not-load-the-installer-for-device.145327/
Relevancy 28.81%

My Computer case keeps makinga popping or static sound every time at startup then stops when i am at the desktop then when i open any program it happens again for seconds weird speakers) noises popping static, (not the Computer then i can use the program normally It Computer weird static, popping noises (not the speakers) always happens at the start of any program even paint Any HDD activity like copying also makes the sound Is my hard drive failing or is there something wrong with my power supply or is it just dust And BTW the sound isnt very loud but it just makes me fear for my pc And as i said no Computer weird static, popping noises (not the speakers) speakers connected I ran Chkdsk and sea tools and they both said that their is no problems Here is the sound drop io xmtd e It is exactly between and seconds and i dont mean the high pitch thing i mean the popping the rest is the mouse clicks also ignore any sound before seconds thats just me moving and bumping my mic next to the case THANK YOU IN ADVANCE And btw this is my first time in TechSpot nbsp

A:Computer weird static, popping noises (not the speakers)

Tell us your computer brand and model, as well as configuration and age.

Is this a new install? Has the problem been around for a long time or just begin recently?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-weird-static-popping-noises-not-the-speakers.139174/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I recently got a GB Seagate external USB hard drive I ve been & with 4.5 Trouble Installer Windows Seagate Manager experiencing Blue Screens for a while now after the drive was added and I am currently troubleshooting in the BSOD forum here on Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager techspot One avenue we tried was to uninstall the Seagate Manager software because it seemed it could be linked to my problem I am not able to boot normally as soon as my desktop appears I get a BSOD with quot page fault in non paged area quot I have been going into safe mode for my troubleshooting I used the Seagate chat today because I was not able to uninstall the Seagate software on my computer apparently it s because it can t be done in safe mode from what I was told by the chat tech I was instructed to download Windows Installer Since I have done that I am getting a different error message Error Windows installer service could not be accessed etc from the add remove programs because I don t think that the installed correctly in safe mode Does anyone know how I can get my windows installer back to normal or updated to while in safe mode since I can t boot normally right now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

You could try using System Restore to bring your PC back to a point before you installed Windows Installer 4.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-installer-4-5-seagate-manager.134370/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am trying to install windows XP on a machine with these specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
MSI K8TNeo FIS2R
Hitachi HDS72258 SATA HDD

The drivers, according to the Hitachi site, come with windows. The Hitachi site says that if windows doesnt recognize the drive it is likely a motherboard issue. I do not have a floppy drive in the machine right now. Windows installer cannot recognize the disk apparently.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:Windows installer wont recognize Hitachi SATA

Check the BIOS to see if you can set the SATA/RAID controllers to IDE mode. If you cannot, you will need to install SATA/RAID drivers via the F6 prompt at the beginning of Windows Setup. You will need a floppy drive for that, however. You can either install one and continue on (they aren't very expensive and it will solve your problem with a minimum of fuss) or you can make a slipstream CD with the contents of your Windows CD and the SATA drivers combined.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-wont-recognize-hitachi-sata.136590/
Relevancy 26.23%

First off System Specs:

Asus G60VX Series Notebook
Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium (Yes, im sure it is 64 bit)
Nvidia GeForceGTX 260M CUDA 1GB
4GB RAM
RealTek HD Audio

IF you need to any other specs just ask.

PROBLEM:

Basically I bought this computer for gaming and several games Ive bought recently wont run so I figured I would update the graphics driver just to be safe and then go from there. I download the installer for the latest nvidia driver just fine, and when I go to install it says Im not running Vista 64-Bit when I clearly am and closes. And when i try the 32bit installer it says it cant find compatible hardware for the drivers, an also untrue statement.

Help please?

A:Trying to update video drivers and the installer says im not running 64 bit windows?

what is the manufacturer of your graphics card? XFX ,EVGA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-update-video-drivers-and-the-installer-says-im-not-running-64-bit-windows.134172/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a Gateway p- fx laptop with vista up Right programs menu on click keep popping some option and keep having this problem with a right click menu pop up Right click menu option keep popping up on some programs on programs like winamp opera and hardware configuration On certain Right click menu option keep popping up on some programs programs a right click menu will pop up non stop and i cant use the program at all The laptop keyboard doesnt work after I spilt coke on the keyboard so I use a usb keyboard After that it started having this popup menu Right click menu option keep popping up on some programs or key mapping issues with emulators For some emulator programs it will automatically map a button called AppKey and i cant configure buttons with a usb to psx converted joypad on them This also happened on other programs that i used but probably forgot about them and deleted them I tried looking up everything i could to disable a right click menu or appkey but couldnt find anything Tried deleting a window key registry all i could find looking up appkey disabling in vista Tried disabling the touchpad I don t think its any kind of virus or spyware i never detect anything i had pictures of what happens but i need more posts so i cant show them nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/right-click-menu-option-keep-popping-up-on-some-programs.131350/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have the Logitech X surround system which I ll start by saying is a fantastic system However recently and by recently I mean today I began to hear the most annoying popping sounds producing X540 popping/crackling Logitech speakers crackling sounds coming out of active speakers When I play music the sound is most intense in the speaker getting more sound coming out of it like when the music switches from the left to the right channel a good example song would be Meant to Live by Switchfoot the very beginning the speaker with the sond coming out Logitech X540 speakers producing popping/crackling sounds will crackle It only happens when sound is coming out and it seems to do it ragardless of the Logitech X540 speakers producing popping/crackling sounds volume or loudness of the song By volume and loudness I mean the volume as what I control the little knob and the control in Windows and loudness as the actual loudness of the source song It s a really annoying issue I wouldn t go so far as to call myself an audiophile but if I had the money to buy the system to support that then I would be This little system was just retail and I got it for because I worked at Circuit City at the time Just so I m not posting without actually trying anything I ve tried listening to multiple sound formats I ve tried default sounds on Windows I ve tried DVDs and CDs I ve tried music from my own collection WMA or MP compressed and I even tried ripping some CDs to WMA lossless to get the most out of it and nothing same problem with everything I don t listen to Logitech X540 speakers producing popping/crackling sounds the volume really high either Sure I like loud music as much as the next guy but I live in an apartment and I d rather keep it that way There are times where I ll turn it up loud but you d think I d notice a blow out since I literally sit at most feet away from the futhest speaker at any time I m on my computer It seems to me there are a few things it might be it might be wiring Corroding or simply bad quality wires can cause this effect right Well I don t think this is it since I ve never had this problem until today It might be my sound card My sound card is built into my motherboard it s full output and it also has an S PDIF output as well but the X doesn t accept that I honestly don t think it s the sound card either or maybe I just don t want to because I can t buy another one Literally a new soundcard is out of the question If you suggest it I ll know you didn t read the post Dirt grime in the speakers themselves This is a distinct possibility I ve never cleaned them and while the housing seems pretty solid it does have an open front so it could be that What sucks is I can t figure out how to open it up it s snapped together not screwed They re blown Well this might be but like I said I don t think it is You d think I d hear a blow out and I haven t So is there any one that can help me As far as I know I ve got the most recent sound drivers I haven t turned up the speakers loud in the last week so why did this just start today Any help will be appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-x540-speakers-producing-popping-crackling-sounds.130129/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am running an HP Compaq d220 MT w/ WindowsXP Professional. The onboard audio drivers were uninstalled by mistake. Now I can't get the installer to complete setup of the new drivers and software. Just as it hits 100% it halts and displays this error message: "Drivers not found! Please reboot and run this setup again"

It does this every time I try it. I have tried many other versions of the Softpaq from the HP website and still it happens. I have an ADI 1981B Chipset, is there something I am missing? What can I do to get the installer to run completely?

--MachineHead--

A:ADI 1981B integrated audio - soundmax installer will not complete

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and delete those drivers that you know are bad.
Then download the correct drivers.
You might even want to download the drivers to another computer, and put them on a CD or Flash drive so they are ready when you delete the incorrectly installed software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adi-1981b-integrated-audio-soundmax-installer-will-not-complete.129971/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi Specs Asus AV Mobo K T Pro VT AMD Athlon Audigy ZS only using drivers that came with Audigy CD ATI Radeon XT Platinum Latest Catalyst Drivers gig Mushkin RAM Windows XP SP Ever Not Problem 2 noise Speaker Audigy Popping - a since I built this machine I ve had a wierd problem with the sound Assuming the machine is off I turn it on it boots up I then go to play almost any D application X Audigy 2 Popping noise - Not a Speaker Problem Reunion for example and when the game loads up the sound is all distorted and popping Its not a speaker problem because it does this when I plug in headphones directly to the computer I don t detect a drop in frame rates just the badly distorted sound The only way I found to remedy this issue was manually reinstall the sound driver device manager - gt sound and video - gt Audigy WDM - gt manually select driver and reinstall Whenver I shut down and boot back up the problem is gone However the distorted sound will return once I shut down my computer and start it back up again I ve tried ALL the drivers for the Audigy and none of the drivers fixes the popping problem I don t have the soundcard in the slot directly adjacent to the video card but I belive its in the slot down from that Should I try moving the video card to a different slot Does this sound like some sort of IRQ or resource assignment problem on startup Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks Firehawk nbsp

A:Audigy 2 Popping noise - Not a Speaker Problem

Someone else I talked to said that it might be a PCI latency issue. When I checked my PCI latency settings in the BIOS they were all 64. I bumped it up to 32 (highest it would go and that setting was for all PCI devices) and rebooted....no change; still had the speaker popping.

I then downloaded a PCI latency utility; PCI Latency tool 2.0. I bumped the latency setting on the Audigy 2 to 000 and I bumped a few other; non-essential PCI devices down to 64 (or lower). I rebooted and I was still having the same problem.

Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-popping-noise-not-a-speaker-problem.57055/
Relevancy 27.09%

I only ask because it takes up 6.8 gb! I could do with more space...
Can i delete C:\Windows\Installer?

A:Can I delete C:\Windows\Installer?

Well, Can I?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-delete-c-windows-installer.109060/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

This just started happening after I installed my dig cam software. I have a canon powershot a560.

Just got this new computer, dual core 2.53ghz by intel, 2gb ram, radeon ~9600GT I believe.

Anyways, now the pop up happens all the time, especially when I play my full-screen games, it'll interrupt me and pop up, and what it says is the microphone just got plugged in and it's trying to set it up or something? I don't have my mic plugged in at all.

task manager, can I just close it down?

and also, winamp won't run too well anymore, I gotta shut it down most the time, won't play music anymore.

Feedback appreciate, ask anything.
Thank you,
N

A:Realtek HD AManager keeps Popping Up! My mic aint plugged in

Delete that powershot software... What operating system are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-amanager-keeps-popping-up-my-mic-aint-plugged-in.115545/
Relevancy 27.52%

I got this error "windows could not load the installer for Battery" while I was installing WinXP Pro SP2. What is this error mean and how can i fix it? Thank you for all your help

A:Installer for battery

is that the EXACT error message?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installer-for-battery.23275/
Relevancy 29.24%

Okay.
Basically after about 20-30 minutes roughly my audio just craps out and starts making popping and crackling noises that get progressivly worse until I go into the Cmedia control panel and click S/PDIF and it fixes it for another 30 minutes and then it starts again, so I have to click the same button, And so forth.

This is such a pain. I've tried re-installing the drivers and all other common solutions. I had no problem with the previous drivers, but they didnt support mic so I had to install the newest ones, which have been giving me this problem for the past year or so.

If anyone can help me, it'd be the biggest help.

Thanks.

A:Asus M2N-E SLI Audio Problem - Popping/Crackling

i got the same problem only it happens when i use my xbox 360 controller. i ended up ripping the sound card out of an old dell and sticking in finding some modded drivers compatible with vista for it and now im fine. NEVER EVER get a cmedia product. they have NO TECH SUPPORT whatsoever, other than the comunity support forums which noone from CMEDIA themselves uses.

i whish i could help but i cant. until there is a fix, i suggest sound blaster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-e-sli-audio-problem-popping-crackling.109907/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi

i just built my first computer yesterday(specs are at bottom) and i also bought the xbox 360 wireless adapter thingy that lets me use my 360 wireless controller for gaming and for some reason whenever i plug it in the sound gets all poppy and crackly and i have to restart the computer to fix that im pretty sure its the mobo's problem because when i first booted up(w/o adapter plugged in) it had that problem until i installed the drivers i heard something about disabling the usb audio legacy drivers but when i did that my computer wouldn't boot so i reset to defaults and now im here

any help would be appericated

gflo

Computer specs

asus m2n sli mobo
seagate 200gb barracuda hdd
antec earthwatts 500wat
xfx geforce 9800gt
amd athlon x2 5600+
4gb ocz special ops dual channel ram
Vista home premium 64bit dual booted Xp pro 32bit(same on both OSes)

A:Popping crackling when I connect Xbox 360 wireless adapter

What exactly does that X360 adapter hook up to, USB 2.0 port? If so, once you installed the drivers it should allow the system to boot normally. Perhaps the device is configurable through gaming devices? If there is any software (not drivers) required to use the adapter/controller, maybe it needs to be patched/updated for use with that mobo?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/popping-crackling-when-i-connect-xbox-360-wireless-adapter.109140/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello, I am having an issue with reinstalling the Officejet 7140xi software. Initially I had an error stating "Unable to start the application--the Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded. Class not registered." I was able to get this to not appear by installing msjavax86.exe. I have tried HP 7140xi version 1.13 from their CD and version 1.12 from HP's website. Both of these version will just past the registering point and then the action dialogue box will change stating "Rolling Back". I have tried clearing out all cache, history, files & objects in Internet Explorer....turning off AVG and all other protection software.

My computer is an IBM T43P laptop loaded with WinXP with 2GB of RAM. I have 1.5GB free on my C hard drive.

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

A:HP OfficeJet 7140xi Installer Not Working - Rolls Back

first thing: you need to free up some space on your C: drive. I recommend having atleast 20% free space at all times. your computer needs this to work efficiently. This can likely be accomplished by getting an external drive for your music & video files. If you are like me you probably have many GB's of music and or movies. Think of what you can really do without. If you just have a small drive then you just have to thin out what you do have.

2) Use Window uninstall and remove the existing OfficeJet software completely.

3) download and install a trial version of Diskeeper 2008: http://consumer.diskeeper.com/downloads/Downloads.aspx?RId=1220&SId=1&CId=1&Aeid=0&Apid=0
download the Pro version. If you like it buy the home version. (cheaper but if your going to use a trial, might as well use one of the high versions - has more features that might help with initial cleanup)

4) Download System Mechanic Pro 7 trial: http://www.iolo.com/SM/7/pro/download.aspx (to register for it you can use wrong name and fake email. eg [email protected] - this will get you the trial without all the spam unless you want to recieve some email 'deals' they are good sometimes) When installing - I suggest that you DO NOT install the antivirus or spyware software. Just install the main program. Once you have it installed - use the Tools/individual tools/enhance protection and run the 'back up or restore registry'. After that use the Tools/individual tools/repair problems and run 'Repair registry problems'. After that use the Tools/individual tools/Increase Performance and run the 'compact registry' on next reboot. - reboot and your registry should be much better. Do not use the defrag in this program. Diskeepers in much much better.

5) reinstall the Officejet 7140xi software using the latest version from HP. When I install any peripheral devices I never install all the software included on the disk. I just install the drivers. You might have the option to pick what is installed. The only thing you need is the drivers. Windows XP has great built in software for doing the stuff that the 'spam-ware' included on the installation disks can do.

This should be it and it should work now.

I know that it sounds like a lot of work and it is, but I have dealt with what you are dealing with many, many times. This is what lead me to not installing the "included" software and only the drivers.

If you don't want to do all the steps listed above, at least do step one, two, and five.

The software I have suggested are only programs that I have had the best luck with. Everyone has there own preferences. If you don't like them try something else.
I hope that I have been of help to you.
SUB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-officejet-7140xi-installer-not-working-rolls-back.98418/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello again everyone I have a computer that SHOULD be running amazingly well and it does for the most part I really have NOTHING on here it is a Dell customized PC only running processes regularly Here are the specs Dell Dimension DIM Pentium CPU GhZ GB RAM Windows XP Home Edition So everything runs fine I have a wireless Linksys router which I JUST upgraded to the latest firmwire and everything brand new speakers an external MyBook GB USB Hard Drive which holds my music Everything in consistent and midi-apps... Awful noises music crackling/popping was running great but my music pops and crackles id say about every seconds I also use a Midi Controller Keyboard Keystation es by M-Audio I play the M-Tron software and it crackles louder than hell when going on a note for longer than seconds It is all in and out on and off I have no idea what could be causing it people have told me it is the CPU and the computer is struggling but it just does not make sense I am barely running anything on here my processes are all normal and everything the Linksys wireless was a hog Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps... for a while but the firmwire fixed it up a lot Does anyone have any ideas or can help me Also all of the midi keyboard software is Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps... detached from the external HD the external HD is JUST music so it has no connection to the popping and crackling of the M-Tron software with the keystation es Thank you for any help anyone can give nbsp

A:Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps...

Update:

I have tested old speakers with the OLD audio card, which is still installed above my new Audiphile one. Old speakers work PERFECTLY, so it is NOT the CPU or PC. It is either the SPEAKERS or the AUDIOPHILE sound card. How do I find out? I have no other speakers that connect to the Audiophile card, and I have no other PC with a card that can test the speakers.

Anyone have an educated decision? A popping noise every 10 seconds or so, on and off, sometimes never happens...audiocard most likely, right? The speakers were bought brand new, M-Audio Studio Pro 3's. They seem just fine.

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/awful-crackling-popping-noises-consistent-in-music-and-midi-apps.78919/
Relevancy 29.24%

I've owned the card for about 2 years, without any problems.

Just about 2 weeks ago, during a game I was playing (Warrock) my sound coming out of my speakers was screeching. I have Ventrilo running as well, which has never given my problems before.

Could this be a problem with my speakers or a sign that my sound card is dying?

Luckily the sound card isnt that expensive anymore, so If I need to buy a new one, I could.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Audigy ZS 2 - Sound popping, bad feedback noises.

I have the same card, go to the site and get the most current driver for it, stopped it for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-zs-2-sound-popping-bad-feedback-noises.78421/
Relevancy 29.67%

How can I fix this? Is the message something to worry about?

I changed the twarnmsg.exe file name so it would stop popping up.

It specifically says a problem with the cooling system has been detected, please turn off and return immediately for service.

Intel Celeron M Processor 2.8Ghz
XP Home SP2

AVG and Norton Internet Security seems to be taking up a lot of resources as per the task list. The CPU usage has been running at 100% lately.

A:Message Twarnmsg keeps popping up and the fan is spinning

its can be virus like "sasser" worm. scan your PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/message-twarnmsg-keeps-popping-up-and-the-fan-is-spinning.73707/
Relevancy 27.52%

hi..i get a windows installer keeps popping up whenever i open outlook express

Relevancy 28.81%

Currently having probelms with my comp.
installed mcaffes onto system and then since then ethernet is not detected and right clicking mouse menu keeps popping up.
i have reformatted 6 times , got rid of mcaffes and cleaned the whole thing up with trojan, vrius hunting software galore. ive utilised the fromat disc that cam ewith the computer

when plugging the mouse in, windows gets hid drivers from its system to run it.

the computer will go good as gold for 1 day then the menu that pops up when you right click the mouse will steadily just appear all the time.

i would appreciate some help as i am getting quite frustrated as is my wife who sees my "muttering" at the thing

A:hardware conflict?: satellite toshiba 50 menu popping up

Go to Toshiba's support website and download and install all the updated drivers including the pointing device drivers... If you used a driver CD that came with the laptop, the drivers are probably very old

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-conflict-satellite-toshiba-50-menu-popping-up.68900/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am using a Pentium, with windows xp service pack2, direct x9.

My graphics card is geforce fx5500, forceware version: 81.98

My dell monitor is Dell E152FP

I want to ask why my brightness/contrast screen of the monitor keeps popping up?

Is it due to viruses or malware? (which I dun think so as my virus, spyware are up to date)

Is it due to my monitor malfunctioning or graphics card?

Is it because I never install upgrades of geforce?

Please help.

A:Brightness/Contrast screen keep popping up

Virus's /spyware can't affect your monitor's OSD from popping up. That is controlled purely by the monitor. Probably, wither the OSD button is stuck pressed and comes up every once in a while, or there is some dirt in the button, producing the same effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brightness-contrast-screen-keep-popping-up.65386/
Relevancy 29.67%

ok heres the issue when im browsing the internet on some site i get clicking popping and hissing i also get theses annyoing sounds when i install some programs ....on the splash screen ive tried to reinstall my sound card used different speakers and even a diff sound card i compleatly wiped all my codecs and then reinstalled them nothing seams to help anybody got any ideas :knock:

A:Hissing Popping Clicking

one more thing

i also reformated my system nothing worked ..... someone help please the sound card is a soundblaster audigy 4 im sure that will help if you need anymore info let me know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hissing-popping-clicking.47522/
Relevancy 27.52%

Everytime now i try to install a new driver for my video card or try to roll back the drivers i get an error.

The error says: Device installer error: Windows could not load the installer for display.

Anyone have any idea? Help would be great.

A:Installer Error

Your system specs would help!!

Have you tried completely uninstalling the video drivers?

Also any antivirus software you are running should be disabled when installing or uninstalling drivers.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installer-error.18967/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi

I am new here. I not the best at computers so try to bare with me.

I have a geforce mx 440 I just had it put in to my computer
which is a CPU:3.06 GHz and 1gig of ram its new.

now after putting in the card I got the software which is a disk that came with it and loaded it. I clicked on display drivers and got the following error message "Device Installer error" windows cannot load the installer for display. Contact your hardware vender for assistance.

thats as far as I get what do I do know I cant play any of my games that I could before like the sims 2.

I have already tried installing the new drivers but I get the same error message Does it have some thing to do with my device manager.
Edit/Delete Message

A:Device Installer Error Geforce 4 mx

hi zack

first of all welcome to techspot :wave:

now as for your problem,first tell me if you had another graphic card installed on the system or onboard video before you put mx440 in.the device installer error could be because of a number of things.is thecard agp based,if yes than install the GART driver that came with the mobo,remove any traces of your old card if you had one,reboot let windows detect the card and load an older version of the drivers like 30.82 or 45.32 they should be named in your cd that came with the graphic card,reboot and they should be working.if not than post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/device-installer-error-geforce-4-mx.22248/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am not able to install Adobe because quot another installation is in progress I can t cancel the previous effort to install PhotoGallery nor will it allow me to install a new version of Window Installer cleanup What I most recently was the program designed to resolved the difficulty - quot Windows Installer cleanup setup quot It with 4215HP installer multifunctional officejet Window problem seems ironic that is was prevented from installation My screen states quot Error No valid source could be for for product PhotoGallery the Windows Installer cannot continue quot It continues to try to install and continue to try to cancel the installation but to no avail I think that PhotoGallery may be a part of the hp officejet all-in-one printer or is could come from Adobe Photoshop What can I do to get past this I network with my wife s laptop and she has a similar problem Thanks for reading this A a day later and I can install NOTHING Because it tells me that another installation is in progress That previous installation which I do not recall asking for has been interrupted and will not be cancelled I can t shut down the computer properly but have Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP to force the shutdown Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP I am an older person with very limited technical skill and knowledge living in a foreign country Lend me you advice if not sympathy nbsp

A:Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP

A solution

I restored the system to the way it was a month ago and it took away the problem -for now. Thanks for reviewing my painful situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-installer-problem-with-multifunctional-officejet-4215hp.34187/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I just purchased a Creative Extigy and am having some problems First installation went smoothly I ve read up about the potential issues with the Extigy so I doubled checked if I had DMA enabled which I did and also my laptop MP3 problem? Creative popping Extigy specs are well within the minimum and recommended requirements Win xp pro mhz celeron ram My problem is that when I play MP s on my laptop with the Extigy running the show I hear static and popping sounds I realize this could be b c of bandwidth problems with the USB however I m only using one port the Extigy and I checked the task manager and the CPU is only working roughly to and my memory usage is about Creative Extigy MP3 popping problem? ram I have a ram so I m sorta confused on why I m having this static popping problem Does anyone have Creative Extigy MP3 popping problem? any suggestions Also what s strange is that when I play DVD or DivX movies the audio is crystal clear nbsp

A:Creative Extigy MP3 popping problem?

does it matter which program you are using to play these mp3? ie winamp or wmp etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-extigy-mp3-popping-problem.9412/
Relevancy 27.09%

Microsoft office cannot verify the license for this application. A repair attempt failed or was canceled by the uses. The application will now shut down.

Also I am having trouble with the windows installer it can't be found .
This is what I get when I try to install microsoFtfixit50450.msi

The windows installer service could not be accessed.This can occr if the windows installer is not correctly installed.Contact your support personnel for assistance .

I am also having trouble updating iTunes that won't work either I am wondering if it is all the same problem.

If anyone can help I will be very grateful , I even downloaded Libre Office but that won't load either it says the same.

Thanks

A:Windows Word and installer

Maybe the Windows Installer Service is turned off. Go to Control Panel, System and Security, Admin Tools, Services. Scroll down the list to find Windows Installer Service and double click. You'll then see options regarding starting it up. Unless this service is running you can't install anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-word-and-installer.203025/
Relevancy 27.52%

Tried to install the realtek Ethernet controller driver and it tells me "Sorry, before install this package you must remove. all-in-one installer", I have no clue what it is talking about and my ethernet drivers are not working and my internet at college sucks wirelessly. Help would be much appreciated so that I can fix my internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remove-all-in-one-installer.206707/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi All for some reason I have with Installer? is Windows What wrong started to receive this pop-up Window during the boot-up process I m running a Gateway with Win-xp Media Edition I have to quot click quot the Cancel button about times before What is wrong with Windows Installer? it goes away and I think it is affecting other apps as well Here is what the Pop-up Window says quot Windows Installer quot The Feature you are trying to use is on a Cd-Rom or other removable disk that is not available Insert the PhotoGallery disk and click OK quot Well I don t have a PhotoGallery disk never did that I can recall I tried to do a system search in Files and Folders for PhotoGallery one word Not Found I tried looking at Add Remove programs for Windows Installer its not there I also tried searching in Files and Folders for quot Windows Installer quot no hits either Any Ideas on how to respond to this pop-up window Ron nbsp

A:What is wrong with Windows Installer?

Not very helpful

While a virus is not suspected, the Windows Security forum may be the best forum for help with this problem. HJT and CCleaner tools are frequently used to remove clutter that affects Windows Startup.

'regedit' and 'msconfig' can confirm the source for the invoking of PhotoGallery. It could be something as innocent as opening a graphic file type that has been registered to PhotoGallery.

PhotoGallery could have come bundled with a printer suite or some other recently installed application. If the installation failed, it is possible that some re-run keys were added to the Windows registry which are encounter with each restart.

You could try doing a system restore to a time just before you began experiencing this problem. You need to be mindful of any new applications that were installed after the chosen restore point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-wrong-with-windows-installer.92867/
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm a tech at the local PC repair shop, and we have a checklist as to which programs we install after cleaning the infection out of the customer's computer. I have cleaned more computers to count, and installing each app gets very time consuming. Silent installs can only do so much, and I would like something more.

What I need to install is CCleaner, Firefox (with Flash and Java), and Spybot S&D. There are other things we do, such as MS updates and installing an anti-virus program, but those three programs are what I need installed simultaneously.

Possible? Impossible?

Thanks for your time,
Nathan

A:Custom multi-application installer?

Your easiest bet would probably be just some sort of batch file to do silent installs (which you've stated you don't want to do) or make an AutoIT script/exe to do the installs for you. You could also package up the installations into a single installer using something like Wise or EMCO, but I'd recommend against the latter.

To be honest, I do installs of many apps, including some of the ones you've mentioned, via silent install scripts. It's pretty simple to do and you can find almost any information about making silents installs from appdeploy.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-multi-application-installer.131474/
Relevancy 26.66%

Ugh This is driving me MAD I installed Blaze media Pro and now each time I open the program Windows Installer launches Actually it goes like this I click on the shortcut for Blaze Media Pro and after several seconds of nothing happening a progress box opens indicating that quot TurboTax Its Deductible quot is installing with a message above the progress bar indicating quot Please Wait While Windows Configures TurboTax Its Deductible Then before that can complete another box appears which reads quot Microsoft Data Access Components quot with a progress bar and details about opening several cab files then it switches back to the original quot TurboTax Its Deductible a when launches open Windows Installer program I quot is installing with the progress bar reading quot gathering required information quot Then the quot Windows Installer Windows Installer launches when I open a program quot box appears with a progress box I click on cancel and the process starts Windows Installer launches when I open a program again and loops three or four times and ends with a box that indicates that quot the feature you are trying to use is on a removable CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available quot and offers a search box to find it I cancel that and get an Error No Valid source could be found Windows Installer cannot continue Windows Installer launches when I open a program click OK and the process starts again Eventually if I hit cancel enough all the boxes go away and the program starts as it should HELP Please nbsp

A:Windows Installer launches when I open a program

Fixed it

I downloaded Windows Install Clean Up and removed the files associated with the TurboTax program and no more problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-launches-when-i-open-a-program.91195/
Relevancy 27.09%

I've been having this problem...
I need this to play alot of games but I don't know what to do.
I have a 64 bit windows 7.

This is what it looks like when I try to download it.
If anyone is familiar with this program anything will help. I'm desperate.

This happens when I try to install....

If anyone knows PLEASE add my msn.
MSN: [email protected]
(Willing to pay if you fix the problem)

A:Nvidia installer cannot continue (Windows 7)

I'd guess you need to pick the right driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-installer-cannot-continue-windows-7.169032/
Relevancy 27.09%

came across this program the other day that comes with pre-packaged installers suitable for people who just re-formatted their computers and such...and I was wondering if there was a program that allowed u to package ur own installers into one customised smart installer pack?
http://smartinstallerpack.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/make-your-own-smart-installer-pack.126610/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am setting up Verizon with MSN on my laptop but i keep getting an error, sayingMicrosoft visual C runtime library has an terminated, and have to close. what should i do?

Thank You

A:Runtime error MSN installer

1. check to see all your hardware drivers are installed.
2. check to see if your registry is corrupted. Run CCleaner registry repair.
3. check to see if the software is compatible with your system/ OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/runtime-error-msn-installer.125368/
Relevancy 29.67%

hi.
i am getting quite frustrated at the various BOTTOM RIGHT icons that keep coming up upon startup (next to the time), yet there is nothing in my startup list.
i only want my antivirus and firewall to come up, any other apps can wait till i open them.

how can i change this?
cheers.

A:Unwanted icons popping up....

Check out StartUp

It's an innovative start-up items editor, which allows you to identify, add, edit, remove or disable items using an intuitive graphical user interface. Start-Up is a small standalone executable, so you can easily take it with you! The embedded help file explains everything you ever wanted to know about your computer's start-up.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unwanted-icons-popping-up.87112/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello mates,

I've a quite annonying problem with MP3Gain. Everytime I try to run that program, windows installer going to install MS Office package, hmm quite odd to me.

I've tryied to reinstall that program several times etc. but seems to me that nothing affects so, I was wondering if you guys have any solutions to this kind of problem.

All advices are greatfully approciated at all costs and mostly welcome indeed. Cheers!

A:MP3Gain & Windows Installer

Do you have the latest version of MP3Gain?

Is Office working OK for you? How about installing all the updates for that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mp3gain-windows-installer.73077/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello mates,

I've a quite annonying problem with MP3Gain. Everytime I try to run that program, windows installer going to install MS Office package, hmm quite odd to me.

I've tryied to reinstall that program several times etc. but seems to me that nothing affects so, I was wondering if you guys have any solutions to this kind of problem.

All advices are greatfully approciated at all costs and mostly welcome indeed. Cheers!

A:MP3Gain & Windows Installer

Do you have the latest version of MP3Gain?

Is Office working OK for you? How about installing all the updates for that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mp3gain-windows-installer.73077/
Relevancy 27.09%

I cannot get anything to install. The program i try to install for a short
time then i get a message saying to INSERT THE DISK. It tells me to insert
the disk that is already in. I have two drives and it happens in both of
them. . I need help here, as i cannot load software. I have done all that microsoft suggests to do.

XP Home
512 Ram

A:windows installer problem

Is you copy of XP up to date from Microsoft. There have been a couple of changes to the installer software. You can do a search at Microsoft for deleting the Installer's Log to start a new one. This file can be corrupted by any number of things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-problem.67560/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have Vista Home Premium and an HP all-in-one psc that I've had for a long time. It works on my computer without any problems, but everytime I turn the computer on (from off, not from a sleep state) I get the windows installer box that says it is configuring the new hardware or something like that, with a little progress bar. After a few seconds, its done and that's it. Any ideas on how to stop it from doing this? It's not creating a problem I just don't think it's supposed to do it. My laptop did it too until I uninstalled all the hp software. I uninstalled and reinstalled all the hp software on my desktop and it didn't have that box pop up for a day or so but now its back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/non-serious-installer-problem.120874/
Relevancy 27.09%

Anyone here familiar with making installer progs? I would like to make the first year of my website, Watch, downloadable and installable, if possible as a special on September 11, but I haven't the faintest idea on how to do it?

Just a simple in/uninstaller function would be great, making it possible to access the archive for the whole year easily from your harddrive.

Any ideas on programs/tutorials would be very much appreciated.

Here's Watch btw:
http://medlem.spray.se/watch/

A:How to make an installer for a website?

Nullsoft has a very easy to use tool -> NSIS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-an-installer-for-a-website.2492/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just got a new hard drive and did a fresh install of window xp and everything was going very when Java freeze installing Windows installer Sun smooth Windows installer freeze when installing Sun Java I installed firefox and when trying to install a sun java plug in I ran into some issues First I try to just use Windows installer freeze when installing Sun Java firefox and Windows installer freeze when installing Sun Java download the plug in and install however it did not work not sure if windows installer showed up the first time So I decide to down load the actuall file and try to install it that way When click on it the regular installing shield pop up and everything was normal until windows installer poped up and just hangs in there forever and ever When I click Cancel it would show canceling but the windows installer remain So I bring up the task manager and try to end it from there I can end precess for Jav temp exe and J re- -windows-i -p-iftw exe However when I try to end Msiexec exe the windows installer disappeared but I was unable to end Msiexec exe on my task manager list It remains there and does not matter how many times I try to end process So I try to restart my computer but it will not restart or shut down at all My computer just stucks there and I was able to use it like normal even after I try to shut down many times and did Ctrl alt delete many times Task manager would not come up nor would the computer shut down or restart In the end I had to hold on my power switch for second to shut and reboot After that I use Ace Utilities and clean up all junk file and reg and hoping something would get clean out and it would fix the problem but it did not So can anyone help me with my problem Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Running Pentium Ghz GB of Ram Seagate Sata Drive Gig Geforce FX Ultra Toshiba DVD ROM SD-M IOMEGA ZIPCDINT Sound Blaster Live Asus MOBO P C -E Deluxe All my drivers are up dated and BIOS as well Also running Norton internet Security Thank you PS Added hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Jerry ETC j re- -windows-i -p-iftw exe C DOCUME Jerry LOCALS Temp Jav tmp exe C WINDOWS system MSIEXEC EXE C DOCUME Jerry LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run ccA... Read more

A:Windows installer freeze when installing Sun Java

Boot into Safe Mode.

UNinstall this piece of M$-beta-crap, the virus-writers and script-kiddies are already after it:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe

In task-manager(ctrl-alt-del) try to STOP these processes if you can:
C:\DOCUME~1\Jerry\LOCALS~1\Temp\Jav1.tmp.exe
C:\Jerry ETC\j2re-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

Next, move your HJT to its OWN directory, e.g. c:\program files\hijackthis

Now run HJT standalone and let it "fix" (if still there):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Jerry ETC\j2re-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Jerry\LOCALS~1\Temp\Jav1.tmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"

Next, clean out EVERYTHING from C:\DOCUME~1\Jerry\LOCALS~1\Temp\ incl. any subdirectories
Clean out your temporary internet files from both IE and Firefox.
Delete j2re-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe

After booting back in Normal mode, go to Sun's website and D/L version JRE 5.0 update 1 instead
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp

Check if MSIEXEC is still active. If so, report back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-freeze-when-installing-sun-java.19970/
Relevancy 27.09%

Whenever i try to install programs on this PC it gives me a windows installer error and failes to install.
I have managed to download and install the latest installer (it let me do this!!!) but still unable to install anything else.
Do other programs always use windows installer?
The main problem i have is trying to install Sage, but it is not a sage problem as i have been onto sage about it.
Is there any way of resetting the windows installer and starting again.
Any help would be appreciated. The OS is XP Pro.
Thanks

A:Windows Installer Corrupt

Just in case you didn't get this one
Download Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable
Install
Then restart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-corrupt.112930/
Relevancy 27.09%

I keep having this error gt lt quot Error The Windows Installer service could not be Installer Problem Windows accessed quot error message when you try to add or remove a program Error The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed You may be running in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed nd one specifically I went to http support microsoft com kb to solve the problem yet it still didn t help I ve re-installed my Windows Windows Installer Problem XP SP before because of this error after Windows Installer Problem I followed the way Microsoft told me Still I get this problem I really have no idea what the problem is gt lt I ve re-installed the Windows like weeks ago and this happens again gt lt It did say that sometimes Microsoft Office is the cause of this but I ve used it before Only thing I haven t done is updated it which I ve been updating it recently Is it because I ve updated the Microsoft Office Please help I don t wanna use my CD-Key for my OS again gt lt Thank you nbsp

A:Windows Installer Problem

I'm not sure if this will help, but you can download Microsoft Installer from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en
hope this helps--kitty500cat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-problem.62648/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi;
I just noticed that my Windows XP Pro (sp3) \Windows\Installer folder is 1.3Gigs!
There are about 50 folders with cryptic names, and a couple hundred files.
Does Windows need these files to uninstall the app later, or is it safe to remove them?

Thanks

FW

A:Delete \Windows\Installer files?

Discussed in depth here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109060.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delete-windows-installer-files.112259/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a strange one. When I try to run various programs from the desktop, the start menu, or directly from program files, these programs' splash screens come up and then Windows Installer pops up, trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 Pro. When I cancel the install, the installer pops up again. This keeps happening until the main program windows display.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programs, I?ve installed the latest version of Windows Installer, and I?ve cleared all my temp files. Windows Installer is set to run manually.

I?ve done a deep scan and cleanup of the registry. I've done spyware and virus checks. Nothing changes.

I'm running Windows XP MCE SP3. I'm not sure when the problem began. Microsoft Office 2003 Pro was installed successully years ago.

Why does Windows Installer pop up?

A:Why does Windows Installer erroneously run?

Download Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable
Install
Then restart

You can also go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to Office and select Repair (Office CD may be required)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-does-windows-installer-erroneously-run.110831/
Relevancy 29.24%

My downstairs neighbor came to me with a problem Windows would not come up he could not access his programs or the Internet He has an old Compaq an up? stop annoying from window installation How to popping Presario So I went to the last good known configuration and a window popped up that said quot The software you are installing for this hardware ACPI Multiprocessor PC has not passed Windows logo testing quot So I stopped the How to stop an annoying installation window from popping up? installation and took a guess that must have been the root of his problems I noticed that every time I start up his computer that annoying window pops up every time and so I have to stop the installation every time Now let s go to the Control Panel Under Computer it shows How to stop an annoying installation window from popping up? an ACPI Uniprocessor PC iF i click update it tries to install the multiprocessor that Windows says hasn t passed How to stop an annoying installation window from popping up? logo testing Same thing for Scan for Hardware Changes For Rollback Driver no previous drivers are found Under Processors two Intel processors are found Soooooo how do I get rid of the annoying window that prompts me to continue or discontinue the multiprocessor installation I really don t want to tell him quot Well gee you have to press Stop Installation before you can pass go and collect quot nbsp

A:How to stop an annoying installation window from popping up?

Update all the drivers from the computer's Manufacture's support page trustingly.
ie If Windows prompt it hasn't passed the logo testing, just continue the install (allowing anyway)
Any issues (ie computer now does not work (unlikely as it is)
Just press F8 at Windows startup, and select "Last known good configuration"

Continue on

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-an-annoying-installation-window-from-popping-up.111382/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have recently changed my setting under msconfig ( System Configuration Utility). I set it to normal start up. And after i rebooted, the windows installer dialog box always pops up every time i startup the computer. I press cancel and it will close but then after a few seconds, it will appear again. It appears around 3-4 times. I changed the settings to selective start up again and unchecked some of the services from the start up tab but i still have the problem. How do i resolve this?

A:Windows installer pops up at startup

Normal Startup vs Selective Startup:
If you use the msconfig utility to access the Startup menu and make changes on that menu, you will need to remain in Selective Startup. The nag message that comes up after the reboot following these changes, suggest that Selective Startup is only a diagnostic mode and you should return to Normal Mode.

This is not entirely accurate. Remaining in Selective Startup is the only way to keep the changes. Virtually every program installed on a PC comes with it on the Startup menu and very few programs are actually needed to start at boot. They are the antivirus program, firewall, touchpad for laptop and network processes if on network. The rest can be called up when needed.

Services vs Processes:
The msconfig utility Startup menu deals with processes. Services is an entirely different category. Services can also be customized for settings of Automatic, Manual or Disabled, with care taken to check the Dependency tab of each Service. Here is help with Services:
http://www.ss64.com/ntsyntax/services.html
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

When you have finished customizing the Startup menu using msconfig, click on Apply> OK> Reboot> Close the nag message after checking 'don't show this message again'.

IF you have checked a process to now start at boot and are now getting the installer message, it is possible that the program for that process has not been correctly or fully installed. If that is the case, a reinstall of that program is recommended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-pops-up-at-startup.110301/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok. This one is wierd. Dell 2400; 2.4ghz celeron, XP-Home; Has Windows Media Player-9. MS Office 2000-Pro. My daughter conducts media searches from within MP9, such as a song title, or recording artists. When she clicks on the search button, the office 2000 installer starts, and a box opens up requesting the insertion of office disk 1. I have no clue what is going on. Does anybody?!?

A:Office installer starts when conducting a search in Media Player

Yes, I see this at work fairly frequently. First off, if it's up, close the Office toolbar. Then with one of the Office apps open (Word, Outlook, whatever) click on Help at the top and then Detect And Repair. You'll need the Office cd's for it, but it should repair the installer issue.

Hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-installer-starts-when-conducting-a-search-in-media-player.10781/
Relevancy 27.09%

is there a way that i can hardcode a password into an executable such that i don't need to type it in myself. I've seen it done before (although not too often) and thus I know it can be done. The reason is that i'm trying to do a silent install of a software but the password blocks me from finishing the installation.

If there is some sort of editor i can use to edit the file myself (I'm not sure of the language used to compile it) or a software that edits dialog boxes manually, i would be very grateful. Another approach would be to provide the password in the command line, which i don't know how to do offhand. i've basically just used the "filename /verysilent" command without the quotes to attempt a silent install.

Thanks
-Sam.

A:Hard coding an installer

The issue is to avoid prompting for the PW on all except the first invocation.

Common techniques are to write the PW in a scrambled manner (eg encrypted)
into a file at a known location and read it as required and decrypt.

On windows, the registry is the most common location.

It is not uncommon to have the PW embedded in the program and then update it
at install time with another program (the installer) which knows how to

open the file in binard for update inplace
how to find the correct location
and to write the PW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-coding-an-installer.104350/
Relevancy 27.09%

Problem solved, I'm not sure how, but it happened. Please delete this post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gentoo-installer-emerger-problem.52531/
Relevancy 27.09%

Need some help with this "little" problem:
(1) Running WIN 2K Pro SP4
(2) Downloaded Java Studio Enterprize 8 and using its InstallShield Wizard
(3) Keep getting an error dialog saying "There is not enough disk space in the install directory. Please free some disk space"
(4) The problem is that in the drive has over 4 Gig of free space so there is no way the file cannot be written to that drive
(5) incidentally, I downloaded and installed Windows latest installer (3.1)
(6) Anyone ever run into this problem and if so how did you resolve it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bill Wayne

A:Windows 2000 Pro Installer Problems

Welcome to Techspot

Are you sure you have enough space???
Check the requirements for Java studio. 4 gigs. is not that big and you must add for other space . For instance, the Temp file has a Limitation built-in as per drive size. If your Temp file has some stuff in it , you may have reached capacity.
Is you page file on that drive?
You can also close any unnecessary processes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-pro-installer-problems.51474/
Relevancy 26.66%

After i reformat my PC i install find cant can't the card installer right my I or sound Download some driver but the Problem is i dont know what sound card i have i tried several software such as DriverRobot and Device Doctor etc but i cant download the real I can't install my sound card or cant find the right installer Deal i Download some device installer but its crashing i the middle of installing and some are Error said No device found Reboot your system PLSS help im dying here its like i cant here sounds either This is my Specs Field Value Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name Robert Mishima User Name Mishima Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale-G i G System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX MX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX MX Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel EB ICH - AC Audio Controller A- A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD BB- JKC GB IDE Optical Drive SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC- A x CD-ROM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter Intel R PRO VM Network Connection Peripherals Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - Enhanced USB Controller A- A- I know its Old PLSS help me find my sound card I scaned for Audio Driver for Intel but it said This device is unknown or unsupported i cant find my motherboards name so i can google its products GOD PLSS HELP ME nbsp

A:I can't install my sound card or cant find the right installer

Search Intel for AC'97 audio card or audio drivers... A variety of those on the Intel site will work fine. You can also use a search engine to look for AC'97 drivers.

For a better ID, look at the audio chip on your motherboard, and search by the identification numbers on the chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-install-my-sound-card-or-cant-find-the-right-installer.150566/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have installed Visual Studio.NET and now I am installing Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition and setup tells me I have 19MB disk space left? What the hell is going on? I do have a disaster Recovery partition in FAT of 63mb. But drice C: is 74GB with 64GB free. Everything seems fine in disk management etc? I really am confused at this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/visual-studio-installer-reports-19mb-free-on-new-74gb-hdd.42546/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Can abyone help me with my Office XP I have been having a few issues with my laptop and the latest seems to arrived since I used RegCure Now I log on to my laptop and am prested with the Installer tring to instal Fax cdr It asks me to insert the disc Which I don t have as the application came preloaded when I bought the laptop Then a new box appears gone has stupid!!!! xp Office Installer NET Frame to advise that an unhandled exception occurred in a component or application I have to continue or close the bow or times before it goes away and then it goes back to Office xp Installer has gone stupid!!!! trying to instal and the cycle starts again I am currently going into Task manager to end this task each time I log on to my comp Can anyone give me some advice on this Also my updater is having problems uploading xp service pack I think this is related I look forward to a response Yours in anticipation Mez nbsp

A:Office xp Installer has gone stupid!!!!

First, what was the problem that required your use of RegCure?
What Fax CDR do you have?
We will perhaps need your computer brand and model to make recommendations. Were all of your microsoft updates installed? If you do not know, you can download the free and good Belarc Advisor at www.belarc.com.
You will likely need your Office XP install disc to do the updates. You can get your Office XP serial number by running Belarc advisor, then call Microsoft to order a replacement CD using the ID number... Cost is $11.95.
If you have the correct version of Windows XP, you can correct the problems you describe booting the disc to run R for "Repair"... but that will not work if you have only a recovery or restore disc from the computer manufacturer.
You may find that you must do a complete reformat and restore to get things back to normal... But other posters to this forum will have other good fixes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-xp-installer-has-gone-stupid.76709/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently bought some new hardware with which to build a computer Asus A N-SLI XP after Restarts Installer Screen Computer Black Motherboard GB Geil DDR PC RAM Asus Nvidia Geforce GS-Silent video card GB Seagate Barracuda HDD SATA Xion II black CASE blue LED Case Apevia Aspire W ATX V PSU Put it all together took me about hours because I didn t read the A N manual and couldn t figure out where the Power Switch Power LED Reset Switch and HDD LED cords went on the panel After I got it working and attached a monitor I installed Black Screen after XP Installer Restarts Computer Windows XP somewhat seamlessly Then at the end after partitioning and NTFS-formatting all GB in one partition and copying all the files Windows asked to restart the computer So it did and then the computer cut off Then the magic happened I turned it back on and the monitor refused to wake from standby It wouldn t recognize my USB wireless keyboard and mouse I thought it was because it was missing drivers or something so I attached a PS Keyboard and tried to tap it out of standby No Black Screen after XP Installer Restarts Computer response I am mystified as to what is wrong I made sure the Black Screen after XP Installer Restarts Computer video card was seated right as well as all the power cords and stuff Nothing Help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-xp-installer-restarts-computer.60199/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I m hoping someone can help me I m trying to update my nvidia nforce ethernet driver because I keep getting random reboots a previous post Nvidia wont install! installer on here seems to indicate its a common problem and updating ethernet driver will solve it However whenever I run the installer it extracts all the files gets to the preparing setup screen - when the progress bar gets to full it just exits automatically Bloody annoying This also happens when Nvidia installer wont install! I try to install the original nforce drivers from my mobo disk I aware I can try and do them manually of course with the quot Nvidia installer wont install! have disk quot option from add hardware but I don t know which is the correct driver and I end up for some reason with two Nvidia Nforce networking controller s one called and one just called Nvidia Nforce networking controller the is the one that is installed normally for some reason and neither of them work then nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-installer-wont-install.59232/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,
I keep getting an error dialog box that says: "Data source name not found and no default driver specified." When I click 'OK', it goes away only to return sometime later. I also have some small event freeze ups at times, IE or other usual reason. I have Googled the phrase in the box but can't make sense out of what I have found. :rolleyes: It seems this could be caused by several things. I have only been computing for a year and am not adept at knowing the terminology or the particular actions of an ini file or OBDC Data Source or Driver from another.
Thanks for any help on this matter.

AMD Athlon XP 2000+
1659 Mhz; 224 MB RAM
Windows ME; Neto Dragon 56K Voice Modem
VIA RhineII Fast Ethernet Adapter.....need to know anything else?

A:Error Dialog Box keeps popping up, experiencing some freezing too.

your computer may be infested with malicious software of sorts. i reccomend you download avg free edition (free.grisoft.com) and install it. update it, reboot, and run a full system scan. reply how that scan goes, as the results will help determine a proper course of action.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-dialog-box-keeps-popping-up-experiencing-some-freezing-too.31055/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just got word of my brother that his computer keeps giving him an error message, something to do with windows installer and safe mode. It won't let him install anything, listen to any music and limits his actions to very minimal stuff. Any ideas?

A:Windows Installer

i don't know but..

wish I could help but I have been having a possibly similar problem. My windows installer just stoped working and I have re-installed it and still no go. Ran everything on my computer can't find anything wrong. Ran sfc.exe(or scf..get them mixed up) to see if that would help. Now its all bad. Running my comp in safemode with networking otherwise my computer is slower than a turtle..hope someone can point both of us in the right direction..laters!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer.30023/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello all. I am extremely computer illiterate, so I don't even know if I am posting in the right area.

Everytime I start up my computer, it launches a Windows Installer program. I don't know why! Do you know how I would stop this? Thanks!

Stacey

A:Windows Installer Keeps Launching

use Startup Control Panel to remove any unwanted startup programs
Can be related to faulty MS Office as well

Download, install, and then run the Windows Installer CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings that are associated with your Office installation
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-keeps-launching.103686/
Relevancy 27.52%

I recently tried to reinstall XP on my computer but the installer that it wrote over my boot files for XP is corrupted. I have another install of XP on a different disk that I can use to access the first one. Does anyone know what files to replace to remove the installer so I can boot XP again?

A:Removing XP installer

You can try to use the recovery console on the Windows CD to do a FIXMBR or FIXBOOT command. You could also download an Ultimate Boot CD and do the same to see if that fixes it. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-xp-installer.56294/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello, I bought a new photo printer and it won't let me install, it says either I am starting windows in safe mode or my windows installer was not correctly installed. Also had a java update and same thing happened. I tried installing window installer from microsoft but it didnt help, What can I do to fix this? Help?!

A:windows installer on windows xp

What version of windows installer do you have? the latest version available is 3.1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-on-windows-xp.42306/
Relevancy 27.09%

I've tried everything i could find. Even some fix i found in the forum archives here. But nothing will work. When i try to install with Windows Installer this message pops up:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.
This can occur if you are running Windows in safe
mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly
installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

WTF??? How do i fix this. HELP PLEASE(I need to install Alcohol 120%, but this is hendering that action)

A:Windows Installer Error

try this: run msconfig. click on the services tab. scroll down until you find windows installer. make sure that box is checked. reboot if necessary. i don't know why that service would be disabled, but i hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-error.22757/
Relevancy 27.09%

Windows Installer won t remove Nero Allright everyone time to put on the ole thinking caps I have tried to work through this problem and have researched the KB over at MS I am trying to remove my original version of Nero to supplant that with my bundled software that came with my new Lite-on CD RW burner It also has Nero Burning CD-ROM I am running Win kpro w SP I am using the Add Remove program I click on remove Nero Burning and the windows installer window pops up with quot The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk remove won't Windows Installer Nero that is not available quot Then it prompts me to insert my Nero CD and click okay I have done that and I then get the next Windows Installer window saying quot The path Please insert the disk with Nero Burning Rom cannot be found Please verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the Windows Installer won't remove Nero installation package Nero-Burning Rom msi in a folder which you can install the product Nero Burning Rom quot Well I have opened the CD ROM and found the file Nero-Burning Rom msi and I clicked on that and then I get the window from the Add Remove programs and it Windows Installer won't remove Nero says quot The installation source for this product is not available Verify that the source exists and that you can access it quot I am at a loss as to what exactly the problem is but I am leaning towards the Windows Installer files being corrupted I have done what was called for in the MS KB Article re-registering the windows installer and also trying to reinstall it after trying to remove it I need some extra guidance or a divine intervention Anyone out there have this problem Stuck in Tok Alaska AKHandyman nbsp

A:Windows Installer won't remove Nero

Have you tried the setup.exe or the .exe installer rather than the msi? The disk shoudl have both.
Whats the problem with just installing your new one over the existing installation?
If you get real desperate you can just delete the nero folder where its installed to then dig through your registry deleting instances of Nero but I don't recommend that unless you have a backup of your registry and have an idea about what you are doing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-wont-remove-nero.10425/
Relevancy 29.67%

computer reboots and errors popping-up computer reboots and errors popping-up uploaded dmp files hi i built a computer with spec below AMD Winchester Abit AN GB Kingston Value Ram MSI RX SE WD GB SATA everytime i open songs movie or play games or likely to say anythin to do with video and sound my computer will pop-up with an error windows error with the button send don t send and sometimes even came out with the blue screen then reboot i tried all sorts of ways to solve it but i still cant get a clue out of it at first i thought it was the video card problem but it works well computer reboots and errors popping-up on Asus A N-SLi then i exchanged the Ram but it doesn t works then i exchanged the computer reboots and errors popping-up HDD clean format but it still doesn t work i ll copy my latest error and attach the dmp file thanks The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xc x f xb ab x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp The computer has computer reboots and errors popping-up rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xc xbf ded f xf e f x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e x x x x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp thank you nbsp

A:computer reboots and errors popping-up

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It`s your actual minidumps we need.

You can find them in c:/windows/minidumps

Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together and post them here.

Regards Howard :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-reboots-and-errors-popping-up.35828/
Relevancy 26.23%

While browsing webpages a random exe installer window pops up asking me if Random installer popups/system restore issues .exe I want to open or save the file different every time It s been happening for some time but when it first started I assumed it was a virus so I checked answers online and most people were saying it was the webpage itself It happened again today quot You have chosen to open Random .exe installer popups/system restore issues TK eUcXjmdidW which is application octet-stream from Random .exe installer popups/system restore issues giphy com Random .exe installer popups/system restore issues What should Firefox do with this file Open with Browse Save File quot I found a thread today followed the steps and ran the AdwCleaner cleaner How do I know if that fixed the problem since it only happens at random - and not very often Another issue that just happened to me last night has to do with the system restore I m not sure if it is caused by malware After an automatic update Firefox went a little goofy so I tried to do a system restore choosing the third or fourth oldest restore from or days ago After the restore when the login screen should have appeared - my computer gave me an error code quot The application failed to initialize properly xc Click OK to terminate the application quot After clicking ok the screen was black with a cursor I rebooted Windows Automatic Repair started by itself and it fixed the problem I guess while repairing the files it undid my system restore Today for some reason I just had to try it again Today I chose a system restore that was right above the one I initially tried last night at least I was pretty sure it was the one above it And of course the same thing happened but this time nothing seemed to work Everything posted in forums didn t work anything I used off the list after pressing F didn t work - just kept taking me to the quot black screen of death quot Windows Automatic Repair couldn t find any issues it did have a message asking if I plugged anything in and to unplug it if so I tried a few more times still nothing I then tried the system restore through the repair but it didn t pop up Waiting about a minute I clicked the button again and was informed it was already running Had to reboot and try again but this time I waited maybe minutes and the screen appeared I chose the restore date still not the newest one but a few days old and viola My computer started up no problems at all Could this be malware related or could the issue be caused because I initially didn t select a restore point that was logged after my computer had one or two windows updates I apologize for the long post but I just wanted to make sure I included all the details nbsp

A:Random .exe installer popups/system restore issues

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-exe-installer-popups-system-restore-issues.215612/
Relevancy 27.52%

For weeks now my computer has been infected with this "windows installer" virus. It always pops up on startup and sometimes when I'm surfing the web. It also prevents me from installing or uninstalling certain things. I've tried using countless virus removers but for some reason none of them detected it as a threat. Please help. I use Windows Xp by the way.

A:Windows Installer

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please read all of the following instructions found here: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After reading all of the instructions found above post the required logs in a new thread: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

Please note that the virus team is very busy and will get to you in due time. If you do not get a reply within 72 hours then you may bump the post.

Do not post any logs here!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-982705.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Goddmornig

For few days I having this problem: Impossible to start a Windows installer transaction 1CA4EE50-ACD1-4658-A9EE-39914C774E0E}. Errior number 1618.
ID EVENT 1041 from MsiInstaller.
Bruno

A:MSI INSTALLER ERROR

Hi are you trying to install Office List of error codes and error messages for Windows Installer processes in Office 2003 products and Office XP products
"ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING" error message when you run the Setup program to install Office programs
Or Skype https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1...-install-skype

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/msi-installer-error-931354.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I cannot install any programs. I am sure I don't have it installed. I am on Vista SP2

I think I may have some malware on my system.

One indication is that I get words colored and on mouseover a popup comes up for me to click on to go to another site.

A:Windows Installer is not found

Some more info:

I did a Start->services.msc. Windows Installer does not show up in the list.

Also, some time ago I installed Ubuntu. It worked for a while but now it doesn't start.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-installer-is-not-found-975129.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello first of all thanks to you guys for looking at my problem Probably my computer might have been effected by a virus or a uninstall applications-NSIS are unable up errors some weird error. and popping malware weird errors are popping up every time i open some kind of applications some say's its a visual weird errors are popping up and unable uninstall some applications-NSIS error. c run time error R floating point error i tried to uninstall such application but an NSIS error occired saying unable to uninstall the program I've attached required files here is the required DDS txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer weird errors are popping up and unable uninstall some applications-NSIS error. BrowserJavaVersion Run by NANNU at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Disabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C weird errors are popping up and unable uninstall some applications-NSIS error. - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Suite NokiaSuite exe C Users NANNU AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe C Program Files x Apache Software Foundation Tomcat bin Tomcat w exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Users NANNU Downloads Compressed gmer gmer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www trovi com gd amp ctid CT amp octid EB ORIGINAL CTID amp ISID B D C - A- E -BA B- CC FBA amp SearchSo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/weird-errors-are-popping-up-and-unable-uninstall-some-applications-nsis-error-909786.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

I'm having problems with Windows 8 since getting caught out installing a root tool (Odin) for my phone. The installer was full of viruses. I have attempted to remove it but some files still remain. Currently my Windows 8 home button is not working after thet last Malwarebytes restart, but when I mouse over it 'Pokki Menu' comes up. I also have a popup installer for 'AnyWhereAccess' that does not look trustworthy.

Logs attached but please note DDS would not run as it gave the error 'DDS is not meant to run in Compatibility Mode'.

I have included the log files from all 3 Malwarebyte scan since the computer got infected. Please advise.

A:Window 8 with Pop up Installer and Pokki Menu

Scan 1 - 27/02/2015

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 27/02/2015
Scan Time: 18:53:11
Logfile: 27_02_15 Scan1.txt
Administrator: No

Version: 2.00.4.1028
Malware Database: v2015.02.27.06
Rootkit Database: v2015.02.25.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Me

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 439359
Time Elapsed: 21 min, 2 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 1
PUP.Optional.SuperFish, C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\VisualDiscovery\VisualDiscovery.exe, 2324, Delete-on-Reboot, [5d1525fe7b0fc4720f77c448b551db25]

Modules: 1
PUP.Optional.SuperFish, C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\VisualDiscovery\SuperfishCert.dll, Delete-on-Reboot, [9cd6fb289ceeb38374129676f70fd42c],

Registry Keys: 30
PUP.Optional.SuperFish, HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\VisualDiscovery, Quarantined, [5d1525fe7b0fc4720f77c448b551db25],
PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.T, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\GLOBALUPDATE\UPDATE, Quarantined, [f97942e1cdbd1a1c38be9130ea19738d],
PUP.Optional.Booster.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\{1146AC44-2F03-4431-B4FD-889BC837521F}{4ef60154}, Quarantined, [2f4343e0cbbfc76f47bfdde8be458b75],
PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MOZILLAPLUGINS\@staging.google.com/globalUpdate Update;version=10, Quarantined, [cfa3f330abdf44f2809d8e9326df7f81],
PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MOZILLAPLUGINS\@staging.google.com/globalUpdate Update;version=4, Quarantined, [a5cd4dd64d3d39fd53cbfc25ac599070],
PUP.Optional.ConduitSearchProtect, HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\CltMngSvc, Quarantined, [f2806db647431c1a8c27689343c1ac54],
PUP.Optional.BoBrowser.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-1301979038-2669888510-292050220-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\BoBrowser, Quarantined, [a4ce61c2fb8f37ff30dbd7cc3fc418e8],
PUP.Optional.CrossRider.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-1301979038-2669888510-292050220-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\HQCinema Pro 2.1V27.02-nv-ie, Quarantined, [720059ca6f1bad89fd08f2bcef14619f],
PUP.Optional.ICinema.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-1301979038-2669888510-292050220-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\I - Cinema-nv-ie, Quarantined, [2c46c2619cee9d999bb910ac17eca15f],
PUP.Optional.Nosibay.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-1301979038-2669888510-292050220-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\Nosibay, Quarantined, [145e6db68406f046ea738624e41f6c94],
PUP.Optional.CrossRider.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-1301979038-2669888510-292050220-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\APPDATALOW\SOFTWARE\Crossrider, Quarantined, [353d58cbb5d57fb73889d43e7095b14f],
PUP.Optional.WindApp.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-1301979038-2669888510-292050220-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\STORE\WindApp Tag, Quarantined, [2a48e340d4b6da5cdd1aafeccf34c13f],
PUP.Optional.SelectionTool.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-1301979038-2669888510-292050220-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\WTOOLS\Selection Tools Tag, Quarantined, [c1b15fc42d5dcf671ef9ebb78f740bf5],
PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.T, HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\globalUpdate, Quarantined, [89e9b370a8e267cf036f26530201847c],
PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.T, HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\globalUpdatem, Quarantined, [89e9b370a8e267cf036f26530201847c],
PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.T, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\GOOGLEUPDATE.EXE, Quarantined, [89e9b370a8e267cf036f26530201847c],
PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.T, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\GOOGLEUPDATE.EXE, Quarantined, [89e9b370a8e267cf036f26530201847c],
PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.T, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\CLASSES\CLSID\{5645E0E7-FC12-43BF-A6E4-F9751942B298}... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-8-with-pop-up-installer-and-pokki-menu.209351/
Relevancy 27.09%
Relevancy 26.23%

Greetings I've been having trouble for several months now with my file folders getting too large Normally I can clean up my temporary folders with cCleaner or by using the Disc Cleanup tool This usually takes care of the large quot AppData quot folder The trouble I'm seeing now is that my quot Installer quot and quot winsxs quot folders continue to grow Currently Installer is at Gb and winsxs is at Gb I have read several Large Installer 7 winsxs 50% - Folders partition of and Windows posts here and a few internet articles discussing options like turning off hibernate mode emptying the AppData folder and running cCleaner These don't address issues in Installer or winsxs though I tried deleting applications that I don't use There are some that I'm not sure that I use but may be part of some Excel or VBA pack that I need so I don't delete those Large Windows 7 Installer and winsxs Folders - 50% of partition I also ran Large Windows 7 Installer and winsxs Folders - 50% of partition the msizap exe application but can't seem to reduce the size of those folders I'm not sure if this helps but I ran SpaceSniffer to get an idea of where all my space was being used In there the application is telling me that some of these larger msi or msp files haven't been accessed in over a year while some of the smaller files haven't been accessed in over years I'm not sure if that matters but it seems like there could be some house keeping done on those files Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance for any help you can give me Michael

A:Large Windows 7 Installer and winsxs Folders - 50% of partition

Those sizes are not especially large. On my Win 7 system, Winsxs is 12.5GB. Installer is small though, under a GB.

How big is your hard drive. If it's an SSD then it sounds like it's too small.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/378907-large-windows-7-installer-winsxs-folders-50-partition.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi All,

Well I just formatted and re-imaged my WDC Black Cavier 1tb HDD and all was going good updating security updates. Then for some reason i get and 0x80070005 restarting my system from a security update install. Have tried System Restore & System Repair. Checked services settngs tried to start windows update but gave me same error. I was able to access windows update but it took 3 to 4 minutes and when it did there was a X by the windows update header and it was RED. Could not view update history. Any help on this is appreciated

A:Windows Update Installer error 0x80070005

Hello all well I can see that no one here either wants to or cannot help me with this error as I have not gotten a reply back. I thought I would be able to get this error resolved. I have read the other threads on this issue and tried some fixes but none have worked. Please help me with the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377307-windows-update-installer-error-0x80070005.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Greetings
I'm trying to install Acronis True Image 2015 on a quite new Windos 7 sp1 and received Windows installer error message.
attached please find the error window. I have no error number. I tried to download new version, trial version and all resulted with the same error windows.
Next I followed Microsoft and Tomhardware recipes to handle this problem but none helped.
Those recipes are quite identical to recipes I found in sevenforums for various error numbers of windows installer problem.
Any advice?
Thank you

A:windows installer problem again

Have you tried this MS FixIt yet? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...?wa=wsignin1.0

You could also try restoring default Windows Installer service - Services - Restore Default Services in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/379166-windows-installer-problem-again.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I just bought a new Dell Installer)? Complete removal 2013 Trial-Ware of (Click-to-Run Office XPS- desktop Windows Pro -bit and it includes what I believe is a trial version of Office Home and Student I think the shortcut in my Program's list is a Click-to-Run installer but I'm not sure about that Microsoft Office appears in my Control Panel gt Programs list size is MB but I'm not sure if that is the entire Office program or just Complete removal of Office 2013 Trial-Ware (Click-to-Run Installer)? the installer Question Does anyone know if the trial version Complete removal of Office 2013 Trial-Ware (Click-to-Run Installer)? of Office is actually installed on my PC or does the Click-to-Run feature go to the internet to download the program I'd like to uninstall whatever Complete removal of Office 2013 Trial-Ware (Click-to-Run Installer)? this is and completely remove all of it from my system Program Files ProgramData Registry entries etc but I'm not sure of the best approach I know Microsoft's Uninstaller will remove most of it but I want every trace of it gone My uninstall removal options are Microsoft's built-in Uninstaller but that's my least favorite choice rd party uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller etc but I always worry the registry entries it wants to remove quot Microsoft Fix It quot uninstaller but I've never used it before and I don't know how thorough it is Reinstall Windows and start from scratch Your help is greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Complete removal of Office 2013 Trial-Ware (Click-to-Run Installer)?

MS Office 2013 Click to Run is on your computer if you bought it with this program installed. Use this website to uninstall it. Follow the directions carefully. There is also a link there that will take you to doing the uninstall manually if you wish, but this looks complicated.

https://support.office.com/en-ca/art...c-2fdf5dbf61d8

Whatever might be left after uninstalling is not worth worrying about. It certainly is not worth reformatting your hard drive & reinstalling Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/372045-complete-removal-office-2013-trial-ware-click-run-installer.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Operating system: Windows 7
Antivirus : Avast
Anti-malware: Malewarebytes
Ive been having this box pop up ever randomly today and I have absolutely no clue how to fix it. My cpu is at 100. Ive ran malewarebytes and avast and both have come up with nothing. Im getting two different messages most of the time, I'll put pictures of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-windows-system32-ntvdm-exe-box-popping-up-non-stop.1151961/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an HDD with an old install of Windows and other stuff I`ll never need.
Is there a quick way to format?

A:"Trusted Installer"..what a hassle...help please...

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Quickest way I can think of would be to connect it to an existing machine, as a slave drive and format it through Windows. You can format a drive directly from the context menu of Windows Explorer. Press Ctrl+E then right click the drive you want to format and choose Format... Make sure you select the correct drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trusted-installer-what-a-hassle-help-please.1154488/
Relevancy 26.66%

did a reinstall on a laptop recently, got as many updates as possible, seem to have an issue with the Windows Modules Installer Worker using up a lot of CPU on the system, not sure what to do, I could try manually disable the service, but I would rather sort the issue head on, I have also noticed at the same time the Antimalware Service Executable is using 29/30% of the cpu too, the windows module installer is using about 50% its really dragging all the resources of the machine. anyone any ideas?

is does seem to be an on and off issue it behaves for a while then it starts again as though it's trying to do something! no doubt the updates or something, no idea what is getting in the way though or hogging the machine down.

It's an HP machine running windows 8.1

the model is G6-2242sa

A:TiWorker.exe or Windows modules installer worker using a lot of CPU

TiWorker.exe is the utility that completes the various tasks that are needed after an update to Windows.

The time taken for TiWorker.exe to complete depends on a number of factors, for example, the number of updates installed; the complexity of those updates; the total number of files that are impacted by or dependent upon the update.

You should not interrupt TiWorker.exe. Just let it do its "thing" either in the background or simply leave your computer ON overnight - by the morning it will all be sorted.

TiWorker.exe will use as much CPU time as is available. So if nothing much else is happening on the computer it will use up to 100%. This is not unusual. On my personal computers, after I have installed Windows updates I go and do something else and let Windows do all the "housekeeping" tasks that it needs to do after the updates are installed.

TiWorker.exe is also tasked with compressing the WinSxS (Windows Side by Side) Folder. Typically the WinSxS Folder is very large as it contains multiple copies of DLL's so as to enable multiple applications to run the same DLL. Depending on the updates and the installed software it can take some considerable time for this compression process to complete.

One way to clear the TiWorker.exe "problem" (which isn't really a problem) is to run Automatic Maintenance (Control Panel > Action Centre > Automatic Maintenance > Start Maintenance). This process can take some time so make sure that you have something else to do (take the dog for a walk) before you start the process.

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tiworker-exe-or-windows-modules-installer-worker-using-a-lot-of-cpu.1154002/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am having trouble with .exe files that I want to open when downloaded, rtg games and flash up dates.
I did run malware bytes and norton and they found no problems.
Thanks.

nortoTech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Duron(tm) Processor, x86 Family 6 Model 3 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 639 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X, 8 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 131037 MB, Free - 87317 MB;
Motherboard: , 8363-686A
Antivirus: Non

A:Downloaded .exe programs wont open get installer error

Hi KENNYKA9CZO, and welcome to TSG.

Exactly what do the error messages say?

Are you using an XP user account with administration privileges?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloaded-exe-programs-wont-open-get-installer-error.1150512/
Relevancy 26.66%

Mod Edit Split from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t installer-corrupted-invalid-opcode - Hamluis I was trying to uninstall few things from control Errors Corrupt Disk Installer, Controller panel as I have been Corrupt Installer, Disk Controller Errors getting this mystartsearch thing virus baidu desktop games installer kind of installations automatically again amp again While i was uninstalling Max driver updater service It is giving me an error Instalador corrupto codigo de operacion no valido I have no idea for what was max driver update used for untill i looked up on google Also just to mention here my laptop has just been received had a new motherboard installed which is also another problem The screen goes black and when it returns error says Windows just recovered from an error Graphics display driver Corrupt Installer, Disk Controller Errors r something something OK so when I realized it installer is corrupt i googled and read through your thread I ran mini toolkit and it says as follows MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Dell administrator on - - at Running from C Users Dell Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Model Inspiron N Manufacturer Dell Inc Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver calling location Error trapped in Module HKCUCleaner cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver Error trapped in Module TouchPadio cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver calling location Error trapped in Module HKCUCleaner cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver Error trapped in Module TouchPadio cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver calling location Error trapped in Module HKCUCleaner cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver Error trapped in Module TouchPadio cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver calling location Error trapped in Module HKCUCleaner cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver Error trapped in Module TouchPadio cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver calling location Error trapped in Module HKCUCleaner cpp at Line Error AM Source Cypress Trackpad User Description Cypress Trackpad Module CyCpIo ExeUnable to open handle to Trackpad Driver Error trapped in Module TouchPadio cpp at Line System errors Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Error AM Source Disk User De... Read more

A:Corrupt Installer, Disk Controller Errors

Please do the following.     GSmartControlFollow the instructions below to test your hard drive health with GSmartControl: 1.  Download GSmartControl and save it on your Desktop. 2.  Extract the content of the GSmartControl .zip archive and execute gsmartcontrol.exe. 3.  Identify your drive in the list, and double-click on it to bring up it's window (usually you'll find your drive by it's size or it's brand name). 4.  Click on the Perform Tests tab, then select Extended Self-test in the Test type drop-down list and click on Execute (this test can take a few hours to complete). Once the test is over, the results will be displayed at the bottom of the window. Please copy and paste these results in your topic. Click on the Attributes tab and if you have any entries highlighted in red or pink, copy and paste their name in your next reply (or take a screenshot of the GSmartControl window and attach it in your next reply).  ================ Please run System File Checker The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. Click on the Start orb and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box. In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow. This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.  Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.  Please notice the space between sfc and the /scannow. If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan. When the scan is finished please do the following. Click on the Start orb then copy and paste the following in the Search programs and files box. findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt" This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to  the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic. If this fails to place the icon on your desktop run the command from the Command Prompt.  Use the instructions I provided at the start of this tutorial. This log may be very large, if you have problems posting it try breaking it into smaller parts.  When you copy these parts you will highlight the section you are going to copy.  If you leave that section highlighted it will give you a quick reference for where you left off. ================ Run Chkdsk from Command Prompt Please run chkdsk /r Chkdsk /r checks for bad sectors on the hdd and recovers any readable information. Click on the Start orb , then type in cmd in the Search programs and files box.  When cmd is seen in Programs above the Search box right click on it, then click on Run as administrator. You will see a screen similar to the one below.  Copy and paste chkdsk c: /r in the command prompt, then press Enter.  Please note:  If this is a SSD, do not run the /r switch, use the /f switch.  (chkdsk c: /f) You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>". Type in Y and press Enter. Restart your computer to start the scan. This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan. When the scan is finished please download and run ListChkdskResult. This will open Notepad with the results of the chkdsk scan.  Please copy and then paste this log in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587714/corrupt-installer-disk-controller-errors/
Relevancy 28.38%

Recently around the same time that I installed TitanFall I started getting random net installation CMD prompt popping up on my screen every seconds Msconfig) programs Can't (and Popping Windows Open Anti-virus CMD up. Random or so around Command windows would rapidly pop up onb the screen the disapear After suspecting it was a virus I tried to open Mbam Then I was greeted by a Net installation cmd Can't Open Anti-virus programs (and Msconfig) Random CMD Windows Popping up. window Which said Microsoft lt R gt NET Framework Services Installtion Utillity Version Then after five or so seconds more writing would flash but disapear to fast to read But I managed to screenshot it It said the following installation error occured Failed to load assembly 'c Program files lt x gt malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe Could not load file or assembly 'file c program files lt x gt malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe' or one of its dependencies The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest The same thing happens with windows defender Also msconfig won't open Any help wil be highly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587422/cant-open-anti-virus-programs-and-msconfig-random-cmd-windows-popping-up/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm not sure what happened but  all of a sudden I have ads everywhere literally covering my screen. I tried several junk removal I have Avast and I did a whole system check and even as I am writing this I can barely see the screen

A:Ads popping up everywhere

I'm not sure what happened but  all of a sudden I have ads everywhere literally covering my screen. I tried several junk removal I have Avast and I did a whole system check and even as I am writing this I can barely see the screenThat sounds most annoying. Let's see what your dealing with.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As AdministratorThe tool will start to update the database, please wait a bit.Click on I agree button.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R#].txt) will open in Notepad for review (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586987/ads-popping-up-everywhere/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi I use a windows 7 Home Basic OS. My problem is that whenever i click in any of username login boxes using chrome another tab opens up and a couple of URLs are displayed in the address bar before ultimately an ad page opens up. The first URL is mostly: hxxttp://ad-type.google.com/sh.aspx?f=popup-u&h=c8d5ad7d804ba49015d1b83443fbc54d Its very annoying, please help. Hasan

A:Ads popping up when i use login window of any site in Chrome

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===How is the computer running now?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586573/ads-popping-up-when-i-use-login-window-of-any-site-in-chrome/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am having a similar issue with Windows I keep getting a notification popping up saying no firewall is turned on This isn't true as I have Windows Defender turned off and Bitdefender Firewall turned on Still it keeps telling me usually once a day that I need to turn on my firewall I created the two logs MiniToolBox by Farbar firewall Windows on turned saying is popping up 10 no Version - - Ran by Steve administrator on - - at Running from C Users Steve Downloads Microsoft Windows Pro X Model System Product Name Manufacturer System manufacturer Windows 10 popping up saying no firewall is turned on Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Windows 10 popping up saying no firewall is turned on Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name OHub exe version time stamp x c ea Faulting module name Mso Imm dll version time stamp x a f Exception code xc Fault offset x b Faulting process ID x f Faulting application start time xOHub exe Faulting application path OHub exe Faulting module path OHub exe Report ID OHub exe Faulting package full name OHub exe Faulting package-relative application ID OHub exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name OHub exe version time stamp x c ea Faulting module name Mso Imm dll version time stamp x a f Exception code xc Fault offset x b Faulting process ID x c Faulting application start time xOHub exe Faulting application path OHub exe Faulting module path OHub exe Report ID OHub exe Faulting package full name OHub exe Faulting package-relative application ID OHub exe Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name OHub exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name Mso Imm dll version time stamp x a f Exception code xc Fault offset x b Faulting process ID xa Faulting application start time xOHub exe Faulting application path OHub exe Faulting module path OHub exe Report ID OHub exe Faulting package full name OHub exe Faulting package-relative application ID OHub exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name NetworkUXBroker exe version time stamp x f aa Faulting module name WlanMediaManager dll version time stamp x f de Exception code xc Fault offset x ddf Faulting process ID x e Faulting application start time xNetworkUXBroker exe Faulting application path NetworkUXBroker exe Faulting module path NetworkUXBroker exe Report ID NetworkUXBroker exe Faulting package full name NetworkUXBroker exe Faulting package-relative application ID NetworkUXBroker exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name OHub exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name Mso Imm dll version time stamp x a f Exception code xc Fault offset x b Faulting process ID x Faulting application start time xOHub exe Faulting application path OHub exe Faulting module path OHub exe Report ID OHub exe Faulting package full name OHub exe Faulting package-relative application ID OHub exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name OHub exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name Mso Imm dll version time stamp x a f Exception code xc Fault offset x b Faulting process ID x Faulting application start time xOHub exe Faulting application path OHub exe Faulting module path OHub exe Report ID OHub exe Faulting package full name OHub exe Faulting package-relative application ID OHub exe Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI User Description Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity call in the System Writer Object Details AddLegacyDriverFiles Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol System Error Access is denied Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name OHub exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name Mso Imm dll version time stamp x a f Exception code xc Fault offset x b Faulting process ID x Faulting application start time xOHub exe Faulting applicat... Read more

A:Windows 10 popping up saying no firewall is turned on

Hi reaktor24,
Please see the kb article of bitdefender at: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-to-do-when-Windows-Security-Center-reports-Antivirus-Antispyware-and-or-Firewall-are-turned-off-1091.html
and reply your observations.
Make sure bitdefender is upto date, so necessary patches for Win 10 has been received. Perform a reinstall or clean install using Consumer uninstall tool of bitdefender if necessary.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586066/windows-10-popping-up-saying-no-firewall-is-turned-on/
Relevancy 26.23%

error there is a problem with this windows installer package I am trying to download software It stalls about percent through and I get a pop up box with this message Error There is a problem with 1720 error there a windows installer with this problem is package.......... this Windows Installer package A script required for this install to error 1720 there is a problem with this windows installer package.......... complete could not be run Contact your support personnel or package vendor I am running windows with IE My work wants me to run IE or because they are slow getting updated I have changed my internet all around and have had success running other programs for my work I have been told that I am getting this error message because I have a virus I have run Avast and Malware bytes and they both come up clean I went to Microsoft com and ran a diagnostic fix it tool to fix my registry The program said that I did not have any problems with my registry and it did not fix anything I tried to do system restore and roll my system back to an earlier date so see if that might help I am unable to do do system restore When I reboot my computer a pop box appears that says system restore failed would you like to try again Now my internet options are all messed up and I am unable to run any work applications I think I can fix the internet options but I still have the Error code that I do not know about

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570552/error-1720-there-is-a-problem-with-this-windows-installer-package/
Relevancy 27.09%

I downloaded this - http://download.cnet.com/Freemake-Video-Downloader/3000-2071_4-75218130.html

And it is not opening.... Please help, its seems like a minor issue..

A:The installer from download.cnet.com will not open

I don't trust CNET, to much bloatware there. Try this link;

http://www.freemake.com/downloads/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578634/the-installer-from-downloadcnetcom-will-not-open/
Relevancy 26.23%

I keep Win10 licensing: sleuthing due Installer bomb to ideas on reading the horrific experiences over in tenforums where either the upgrade install or the clean install post-update bombs hangs or trashes the machine At this Win10 Installer bomb due to licensing: sleuthing ideas point there are maybe such reports and that means thousands more unreported problems are occurring We've seen some here as well As Insiders we had generally pleasant installations though my initial experience with build was straight from Hades -- so why is that What's the essential difference between our experience and 'theirs' THE LICENSE KEY WAS NOT AN ISSUE But of course it is and should be an issue in the real upgrade installations of real and official Win So perhaps the license key sleuthing in the installer is misprogrammed To wit Johnny's COA on his machine was originally Vista but he upgraded it to Win with a valid Win upgrade But the installer is programmed to look at the Win10 Installer bomb due to licensing: sleuthing ideas mobo for the key and it's Vista So the installer silently bombs or goes into a hang because it also finds Win with SP on there active but doesn't find the key so doesn't know what to do Johnny of course gets no feedback but rather spends his day mystified and angry Jane's COA on Win10 Installer bomb due to licensing: sleuthing ideas her machine is Win with SP but is -bit and her brother changed it to -bit with an OEM System Builder but again since the license key doesn't match the Win installer doesn't know what to do but goes farther since both are Win and then bombs in some other way Maybe saying 'Installation Failed' or 'Something went wrong' So clearly the installer's programmer didn't want to clarify the problem is a licensing conflict brainout's COA on her machine is Windows but brainout used a clean disk to install a brand new retail its own key was not accepted to activate yet that was magically fixed remotely by MSFT when she called MSFT post-install to activate it Then brainout updated to via the Windows Store not being given a new key So Win 'saw' that key when prompting brainout to type it in during build install so now at Win is activated Fabio's COA is Windows -bit and so too his OS at the time of Win installation same initial OS same key same everything except added Win updates and third-party programs The Win installer has no problem finishing on his machine because both COA and OS match See the difference The 'purpose' of the install bombing might be to force a customer to call MSFT so it can remotely verify the license key But no one is told this and of course not all license keys validly extant are yet recorded by MSFT employees who are frazzedly trying to finish that job Ergo this topic have you solved an install by calling in your key to activate What kind of error was it you experienced prior just in case there's a pattern here so another can say your experience resembles his If this is considered a stupid topic please delete it My heart just breaks for all those suffering over installation EDIT someone sent me this great Forbes article on the tie-in between successful installation and licenses click here

A:Win10 Installer bomb due to licensing: sleuthing ideas

My Windows 10 installed yesterday AM on my maid machine which I had reserved a copy. I received the message from MS and started the process it too about a half over (Most tech previews took me 3 to 4 hours). My Windows 10 is activated. I then went to the MS site to download the Create Media tool. I ran that and download an ISO. The instructions on this process weren't real clear with the Keys but I finished the DL and create a  DVD. I also got a message from Dell to create a System restore flash drive. It required a 16 gb flash drive and i didn't have a spare so I will buy one after work today and make the System restore flash drive. 

My current status:

1. Windows 10 up and running on main machine. I'm preparing 3 other machines that aren't turned on a lot by doing updates. I have a HP laptop that hasn't had an update since 2012. So after over 200 updates I had to turn off while im at work today.  I have another machines that is Windows 8.1  that I updated and  Windows 10 was reserved so Im waiting for word form MS that it's ready. Then I have another older machine that came with Vista (OEM) and I did a clean install with Windows 7 ultimate.  I look in the windows update history and it says Windows 10 update failed. I tried the create media app which has an option to create and ISO or do the upgrade on that machine. Well it stopped and gave me a message "Stopped for some reason".

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/the-free-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-windows-7-oem/b622ef33-ac69-4ca1-b7d1-9aa08321809f

This am I was curious about key I know the instructions on the create media page talk about entering a key. So that got me curious and i researched and here's what I found

1. Upgrading from OEM Win 7 or 8.1 When you do the upgrade the key is embedded into Bios just like what you upgraded from
2. Retail upgrade for Win 7 or Win 8 - This requires you to enter the Windows 7 or 8 that you are upgrading when prompted for a key. You should have this key in an email if you purchased a electronic download of the install ISO  or the packaging you purchased.

That makes sense because the Retail version would prompt for the key and not machine dependent.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584602/win10-installer-bomb-due-to-licensing-sleuthing-ideas/