Windows Support Forum

poor image quality on pc running xp

Q: poor image quality on pc running xp

I have a Sony w1v (tablet pc) running XP Pro.

It has alwats had very poor picture/image quality when i view any pictures on the web they all show but with pixellation no definition etc. If I view images taken by digital camera by clicking the card reader the images are fine. If I save any images they are then terrible. Video clip images are poor also. General text is not as good as I would hope either, any ideas anyone?? The pc is standard format and not received any hardware upgrades.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: poor image quality on pc running xp

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: poor image quality on pc running xp

goto
control panel
display
settings

tell us what that is set to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-image-quality-on-pc-running-xp.323626/
Relevancy 19.78%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

As the title suggest, can you clarify to me if I can run a ddr3 2133 on Gigabyte H81M-DS2 which according to the website (Gigabyte) that it supports only up to 1600 of DDR3. I have a 4GBx2 of DDR3 2133 G-Skill, others say I can use XMP to use the advertise speed of the ram which 2133Mhz. Currently my ram is running at 1600 which the defualt speed. Will it break my system?

Thanks.

A:Gigabyte H81M-DS2 running a DDR3 2133Mhz

Anything over the specified limits will create room for error and instability. You can technically run the RAM at the rated speeds from my understanding, but it's not guaranteed that it'll work without any problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-h81m-ds2-running-a-ddr3-2133mhz.213688/
Relevancy 31.39%

I wonder if leaving a CPU with its thermal paste open for a few hours will loose some of its quality. In which case I'll have to go buy some new paste. This is a fresh thermal paste I spread on a CPU replace, the only paste I had left, but had to reopen for a readjustment. Thank you.

A:Does a slightly dry thermal paste loose quality?

As long as it will still spread easily, it should be fine. It is when it dries up and is a puddy that will not bond (meaning sticks to everything) is when it needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-a-slightly-dry-thermal-paste-loose-quality.213376/
Relevancy 19.78%

I'm currently in the process of trying to run three separate videos on three separate computers which are then connected to three separate projectors (sorry if this seems confusing). I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.

I've read posts about the VLC Media Player, but am not sure if it's what I need since I will be using three separate computers and then connecting to projectors.

If anyone knows of a way that I can do this either with the VLC Media Player or without I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks guys, xx

(I'm not quite sure if this should be solved with hardware or software)

A:Running three videos on separate computers simultaneously

I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.Click to expand...

almost 99.9% impossible. Whether it's streaming or simple MP4s, each system is pulling independently and every system has a unique client-host latency and will likely get out of sync almost immediately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-three-videos-on-separate-computers-simultaneously.212543/
Relevancy 32.25%

Okay Everyone This time I'm really not sure if this is in the right forum.

My new Laptop sounds, to me, like transistor radio when I play music.
Sure it has Dolby. But. With two tiny speakers on the bottom, it doesn't
seem to help much
Today I fixed the problem. I plugged in the sound system I used on my desktop PC.
2 XA3021 Altec Lansing speakers, with a matching Altec Lansing XA3021 sub woofer.
I've had them for about 10 years now, and they still sound really good.
Here's my question. Does the Dolby that comes with the Laptop only work with the built in speakers
or does it extend to my Altec Lansing speakers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-quality.212213/
Relevancy 20.21%

hi all just bought emachinesD620-261G16Mi MODEL NO -ms2257 from a y whos had enough of it..manufactured in 2008 she bought it and was very slow so as insurance still valid she sent it back , they had it 8 months then she got it back and still same problem press power on button and takes a while to load to desktop but then every application u click I get the little timer circle come up and everything takes ages please help .. it has
amd athlon 2650e cpu , 1gb ram ddr2 160gb harddrive please help

just to add on it now and I close an application or even a photo and I get the timer circle takes at least 30 seconds before I can click anything else . and sometimes all the icons on desktop dissapear then reappear after a while

A:Emachines running very very slow

Have you scanned for malware? (the obvious IS my speciality)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-running-very-very-slow.181026/
Relevancy 29.67%

Google released the original Chromebook Pixel a little over two years ago. At $1,299, the system didn't make a ton of sense for most but what it did was serve as an example of what a high-end Chromebook could look...

Read more

A:Chromebook Pixel 2015: Great build quality, fast, USB Type-C and cheaper (but still too expensive)

Brick-ish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chromebook-pixel-2015-great-build-quality-fast-usb-type-c-and-cheaper-but-still-too-expensive.209610/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am trying to make some games on steam not lag the most difficult one I have to get to stop lagging is Rage and I'm looking for a processor and video card combination that wont kill my lap top. its running windows 7 ultimate with an AMD Sempron m120 2.10 GHz 4 GB ram and a 64 bit operating system. any info would help I'm sick of it taking 2 hours to drive a 4 wheeler to the first mission and then it crashing.

A:I am running an HP g61 laptop

Firstly I want a golden eagle bust, secondly don't game on a laptop, and lastly there's no way to buy a CPU (GPU just maybe with amplifiers but not worth it) for your laptop. If you want to invest money consider building a gaming desktop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-running-an-hp-g61-laptop.208849/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

A:Is my i7 4790k running too hot?

hellasenpai said:

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

No its actually running nice and cool so do not worry. The temp limits for that processor I believe is 105 Celcius and you are way below that. Normally you want to keep below 80c for longevity of a processor (Intel side). For instance my CPU is overclocked under liquid and Prime95 runs it up to on some cores 75C and I have a Haswell-E 5930K.

You are more than perfectly fine!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-i7-4790k-running-too-hot.206076/
Relevancy 32.25%

As I type this, I'm still using my HT Omega Claro Halo (overkill gift from a year ago). For a headset I use a Sennheiser PC 360, so its microphone is at least average.

Going to be adding a 2nd 970 very soon. In order to use PCIe #2, I can't use the PCI slot. I tried out my onboard for the first time (Realtek ALC898), and as I expected everyone says I "sound like ****" compared to the dedicated.
Would a USB card, even dirt cheap, likely improve voice quality (or maybe $50-60 range)? When it comes to codecs server-side on my server, I already use Opus Voice at the highest bandwidth setting, so I can't improve anything there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/improving-mic-quality-only-usb-viable.208040/
Relevancy 19.35%

Not sure if this is better suited for here for the Alternate OS section, but here it goes

I have pretty much switched by computer to running just Linux. Almost never boot over to Windows. Only issue I'm having with it is the Radeon graphics drivers for my R9 290 seem to be arguing with Steam. I have read Nvidia cards propritery drivers work much better with linux.
So one of my work computers needs a graphics card upgrade and I'm thinking getting a good Nvidia card to replace my R9 290 and see if that fixes my graphics driver conflit issues.
Does anyone have any experiance with that and what would be a good card comperable to the R9 290 from Nvidia's end of things?

Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics card running Steam on Linux

The Geforce GTX780Ti or the big boys would be the only way for u to go, that would be comparable. and I would have no idea on driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-card-running-steam-on-linux.207200/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey there I could use a little help here I have a kingston hiperx GB ram memory KHX C D B GB installed on my PC but its I something? Should 1600 ram 1333. at running hiperx do kingston running at MHz 1600 kingston hiperx ram running at 1333. Should I do something? instead of the advertised I made some digging and found out that it s not an anomaly vendor says that the card CAN run at no problem but its set by default at and I can manually set the speed if I want to Also made some digging on forums and some people say it can be done no harm there and others say it s not worth risking whatever the risk is and just let it be because I wouldn t notice the difference anyway but I have always relied on techspot for my PC issues and so I do so again Main question here is should I change it from to and if I should whats the proper way to do it If useful the other specs of my PC are ASUS A- XM A motherboard with AMD A K APU GHz and RADEON R GB DDR Video card I use it mainly for gaming view my series working and making video dvds Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me nbsp

A:1600 kingston hiperx ram running at 1333. Should I do something?

All RAM, no matter the speed, is by default clocked to 1333MHz by the CPU/motherboard/BIOS as a safety factor. There is no harm in changing it to the advertised values since it is tested to operate at that speed. All you need to do is reboot the PC and spam the BIOS key (whatever key it says on the boot splash screen). Once in there, it is hard to guide you since all BIOS are different and ASUS could have changed the location of this setting. It is usually under advanced chipset settings though. Just search around for anywhere in the BIOS stating "RAM" or the speed, "1333MHz". Once you find it, change the speed to 1600MHz.

Tell me if you cannot find this setting or need further assistance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1600-kingston-hiperx-ram-running-at-1333-should-i-do-something.203830/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

Quick question and I believe the answer is NO. If you have a PC with one drive where OS is already running and configured, can you add another identical drive and configure RAID 1 without having to reinstall or reformat anything?

Thanks

A:Setting up RAID 1 on already running OS drive

Hey there, pioneerx01!

Unfortunately, you can't convert a single drive into a RAID array without data loss. At least one sector will be overwritten, which will cause problems because the file system and partition information will not be correct anymore. This will lead to a lot of annoying notifications and very unpleasant problems.
However, I believe there's a chance to create RAID arrays while keeping the data but I'd strongly advise against it.
The best way to deal with this is the safe way - back up your data and properly create the RAID 1 array.

Hope this helps.
SuperSoph_WD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-raid-1-on-already-running-os-drive.205730/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone I recently mounted this new PC just listing the relevant parts - AMD FX- Eight-Core - MSI Gaming Motherboard http thepcenthusiast com msi- -gaming-am -motherboard-unleashed - G Skill Ripjaws X DDR PC - GB CL x modules of GB Dual channel in slots and at readings) Is 1600mhz? running RAM: or it (Contradictory 2133 - Win - RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) bit My motherboard specs states that I should be able to enjoy mhz memory just IF I overclock and up to mhz without it quot Supports DDR OC MHz quot Nevertheless I m getting contradictory readings from different programs so I don t really know at which memory speed I am currently running I went to the BIOS to stablish the mhz via overclok settings MSI Command center is telling me I m running at Mhz x modules but the total DRAM frequency frequency reader states quot Mhz quot which is x modules I ve tried with OC Genie II both enabled an disabled from the BIOS OC Genie is the smart overcloking software from MSI Enables a slight and conservative overclock I have it enabled just in case but I don t believe it is necesarry in order to allow single manual RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) overclocks from the BIOS like memory frequency I m not looking for CPU overclock right now just to enable mhz of memory On the other hand CPU-Z states DRAM frequency at Mhz but NB RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) Frequency at Mhz So I m a little bit confused How many Mhz I m currently Running I am not supposed to have at least mhz readings without overcloking even taking in account that my motherboard quot Supports DDR OC MHz quot Maybe I m reading something wrong or maybe I m not using the right tools for reading it All suggestions and ideas are welcome Thanks in advance for all the help nbsp

A:RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings)

Did you just put in the RAM and be done with it or did you go into the BIOS and set the frequencies to the advertised amount? Motherboard default the RAM to 1333MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-is-it-running-at-2133-or-1600mhz-contradictory-readings.204887/
Relevancy 22.79%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, whenever I play movies on Blu Ray or DVD, from my PS3, the levels are always off to me. The effects and music are always really loud while the dialogue is very quiet. I find myself having to turn it way up during scenes with a lot of talking then having to dive for the mute button when any action scenes come up before my neighbours bang on the door.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue only by going through the settings ??

A:Low sound quality

What is the sound coming out of? If it's anything short of a 3-channel system (Left, right, centre) then you're gonna have a hard time hearing the talking on any movie. It's just how the *****s mix the audio, unfortunately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-sound-quality.203672/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey there,

This is my first high end computer and first time overclocking. I'm running the i5 4670k with Geforce GTX 770 and Corsair Hydro Series H75. I overclocked the CPU too 4.3GHZ. I was running wolfenstein today and was monitoring with speed fan for my computer temperatures and noticed the CPU got up to 58c. is this normal ? or is that running to hot ?

Thanks in advanced !!

A:Is my CPU running too hot?

Yes, very normal temperature. If it's running 85C+ for an extended time and you're not using 100% CPU, then you need to start perhaps worrying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-cpu-running-too-hot.203267/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have had a look round the posts but nothing I try stops the internal drive getting accessed.
I have unchecked the CD autorun using TweakUI (this worked for someone else)
I have temp disabled AVG along with BoostSpeed and Team Viewer
The only process running apart from sys idle is svchost.exe (1%)

I hope someone out there manages to work their magic as they did the last time I posted here!
Thanks

A:Hard drive light flashing with nearly no processes running

Sounds like the System Index service is running.

When you find that happening, disconnect from the Internet to be sure MS Update is not running or something on your system is phoning home to be sure.

To see all Internet connections from your PC, grab a copy of CurrPorts - - runas admin and you will see everything. Click on the column heading Remote Host Name to get active connections at the top if the list. The menu Options is used to customize the display; here's my list

display Listen, Established, TCP, UDP, IPv6,

display port in The Address,

sort on refresh,
Ask Before Any Action
That last one is interesting; running as admin, you can Close a port or Kill the application with that port.

CurrPorts identifies all ports on the pc (mine number 112 as I write) and if I select all ports with a Remote Address, I see I have 20 connections.

btw: Remote Addresses shown as 127.0.0.1:nnn are local services (like a proxy or AV service), so out of the 20, only two are actually remote - - both HTTP browser connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-flashing-with-nearly-no-processes-running.202265/
Relevancy 19.78%

hello to all ,
I find the threads very intresting and helpfull for a gizzer guy, well here goes ,my daughter has a PP29l dell that won't power up and she ask ,dad can you fix this? so I say Let me look at it. I then went to your tech site and learded how to take it apart to fix the problem of: powers up for one moment ,fan runs then stops , no screen, according to SimonEast I'm looking for a mag sensor labled u1 but having trouble locating it . is it in the board above the two mouse pads or on the mother board or in the display screen?. as far as i can tell the small board above the pads won't remove very easily,need a little more price guidence.
thanks

A:Dell PP29L stops running after a second

What is the Service Tag or the Express Service Code number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-pp29l-stops-running-after-a-second.178562/
Relevancy 20.21%

I put together a comp. with parts of my brothers old comp. For my brother to have a new 1 ,but he wanted programs like office "which is on his old Hard drive" and my widows vista business that I have doesn't have office . So I thought maybe I could put his old hard drive as a slave drive and he would have all his old programs ,but it say's they won't run on that OS. Is there any way around this or am I better off getting office somewhere and fresh installing it ?His old Comp. was a Dell.

A:Running off slave drive

What you want to do can't be done. Has to be installed on that Windows install.

Does he really need "Microsoft Office"? because there are a few pretty solid free office suites out there, just for some of the more complex formatting causes problems sharing with people that use Microsoft Office.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-off-slave-drive.200846/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello!
Nice to be part of this great website.
How can I get rid of a radio running in the background of my PC? Please, help.

A:Running radio in the background

More info please. Operating System for starters & welcome to TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-radio-in-the-background.200549/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am also getting a bad image error it pops up on six or 7 start ups ive run mbam disk clean up disk defrag scan disk but its still there. ive looked over many posts and tried to follow others instructions but im still missing something

A:Bad image error

Jarrow, what are your computers specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-image-error.199835/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey,
I woke up on May 10th 2013 & when it started up my laptop I saw this.

I was a bit scared, but I decided to run the following programs:
Mbam (AV)
DSKCHK
Disk cleanup
Disk defragmenter
Scan disk (SCR-scanow)
AVG tuneup
AVG (AV)
MSE (AV)
Restore point.
I do not know what happened, but I have posted on several other forums, but no answer.
Thanks,
Danawesome.

A:Repeated "bad image" error (think it's something to do w/laptop)

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bad-image-error-think-its-something-to-do-w-laptop.198178/
Relevancy 22.79%

There is a post here about the good old ADAPTEC 1205SA card. But the links in the article do not work. No difference between 1205 and 1210? I know 1210SA is an old card. But on the website of silicon image, chipset 3112 (3112A) has support for windows 7 64bit. I've tried the update utility provided by silicon image site. Be DOS mode, so is Windows. Does not recognize the card as being from Silicon Image. Looking at the card, I saw that the chipset BIOS supports. AM29LV010B-90EC. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of that? What right utility to use? Or if there is a 64-bit driver that works on that card? Thank you.

A:Adaptec 1210SA firmware Silicon Image?

Does anyone know?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adaptec-1210sa-firmware-silicon-image.197828/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD Radeon Hd 7900
i5 Procceser
Windows 7 x64
8.00 Gig RAM

A:Good PC yet steam games running at 10FPS

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Have you tried to update the video drivers to see if that makes a difference? What else do you have that is running while you try to play games? You need to give some more information like: what games are getting low FPS and your PC information (make and model - or is it custom built)? We should be able to help you, just need more to troubleshoot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-pc-yet-steam-games-running-at-10fps.194542/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I have run chkdsk couple times and keep getting about 4 bad sectors. With bad sectors I cannot backup my image on any backup program even windows. It will fail about half way through it. Does anyone know of a program that will bypass the bad sectors and back it up. Thanks. I am open for any solutions here.
Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-notebook-bad-sectors-how-to-backup-image.193500/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a asus a8n delexe sli which gaves the above error when I do alt f2 on post to enter the flash utility. I was driven to reinstall bios or upgrade it because I am getting freezing; reboot issues; missing drivers; unrecognised hardware issues etc. I have swapped out drives, video cards, reinstalled OS and even swapped PSU to no avail. So has my motherboard just had it?
I folllowed asus instructions and copied the bios to a floppy disk and tried to flash from that. Although I copied all three files in the downloaded zip so I presume it would select the exe file automatically. I will download again. Should it work if I copied to a blank CD? I presume the bios would automatically pull the exe from any device besides the hard drive? I get this error with or without the floppy inserted?

A:BIOS image file check sum error

Did you finally get this solved?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-image-file-check-sum-error.190931/
Relevancy 20.21%

For about a week I noticed my motherboard has been running hot on the display on my case it's been showing 130-136 F (alarm temp). All the fans seem to be working, not sure what could be causing this. This screenshot is from right now, only thing running is chrome with 5 tabs open

A:Motherboard running way to hot

Only thing that looks hot from the Screenshot is the cputin and that's probably a glitch reading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-running-way-to-hot.191291/
Relevancy 19.78%

I slow running games Laptop m curious to know why this Acer aspired v - runs games slow Like Street fighter X Tekken can t run at max Laptop running games slow Iron brigade or even this MMO I play being FFXI I get lag running everything on high Specs AMD Quad core processor A AMD Radeon HD g MB GB DDR GB HDD I play FFXI a lot and I can t even increase resolution a bit or some settings higher because I will begin to experience some lag quot moving game camera slower then normal speed quot is there a particular reason as to why this laptop is having problems with light weight games I have only updated GPU driver and replaced HDD with SSD ive notice no improvements for any game other then pc booting in seconds and everything else OS wise is insane fast quot I m being told that if I update ram to gaming better ram my experience will increase Because this stock ram quot sucks quot so I m looking at GB HMZ should I buy that will it even help me is stock ram from laptops in general just bad nbsp

A:Laptop running games slow

It's a mobile low-end APU. You don't actually have a graphics card.

You need to turn down the graphical details in games.

RAM won't help you much, 4GB is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-running-games-slow.190744/
Relevancy 19.35%

I ve only had my PC for about a year now and it s been going slower by every passing month I ve never installed anything E218 Dual Pentium slower running Core than rated on my PC except games from Steam and Windows Update stuff and graphics card Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated drivers from the official AMD website My Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz is now running at GHz I always keep my PC clean and virus Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated free yet for some reason the CPU has slowed down a lot and games that I used to play before are almost unplayable now A friend suggested that I might have to update my BIOS but he also said that up and it could ruin my PC forever and I ve got just as much PC experience as a turtle has speed I recently upgraded to Windows -bit from Windows XP -bit but my CPU still remains at GHz I ve never overclocked or fidgeted with anything on my PC I sometimes carefully hoover out the dust on my CPU but I already had this problem a while before I hoovered my CPU When I m on my desktop my CPU temperature is always at around C in-game it s around C so it s not overheating I hope you can help -Love Panda nbsp

A:Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated

Try changing your power settings. I would switch it to high performance mode. Now, what are you using to monitor your CPU ? Are you getting these figures while the computer is idle or doing simple tasks? It could just be down clocking itself because of speed step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e218-running-slower-than-rated.190364/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all I just had a couple quick questions I just upgraded to dual s which I have crossfired Crossfired right? 7970s running HD now in games all the cutscenes seem to lag and my frames only run around - fps with fraps on is there anyway to fix this issue also I got a free copy of crysis and that game is only running at - fps compared to black ops running - fps on max setting is anyone also having that issue below is my system spec and a couple avg in game fps I usually get x Acer Monitors In Eyefinity MSI z a-GD motherboard Intel I- k ghz gb G skill Sniper Crossfired HD 7970s running right? mhz ram x XFX black edition video cards stock clock Cruical M gb SSD Boot drive TB WD Black Game Drive XFX watt Power Supply Some Avg Framerates I Get with all Max settings x Res Counter Strike GO - Left Dead - Black Ops - Team Fortress - Rainbow Six Vegas - nbsp

A:Crossfired HD 7970s running right?

Um, what driver are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crossfired-hd-7970s-running-right.190148/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all got a toshiba satellite p200-1ee and my sister used it one night for karaoke .anyway after people in pub was helping her load van and 1 brought out laptop rested it against the speaker and it fellthen when moving van .. ran straight over the laptop yes I know what ***** put the laptop standing next to wheels.. well not laptop few cracks here and there screen is damaged .. PROBLEMS laptop no screen even when plugged in external monitor also power light flashes blue twice and orange twice ..all the bottom and top looks fine just plastic cracked round sides dvd opens and shuts normal any help to y light flashing and y no screen even with external monitor .. thanks

A:Problems after running over laptop

Does it make any noises when you turn it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-running-over-laptop.189510/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey, I have ASUS K53U
6gb RAM
2gb VideoRam AMD Radeon HD6320
AMD E-450 Processor ~1.6 (2 CPUs)
and no AV

My problem is that my computer is so slow :S. I'm running w7 about 4 days, before I had w8, but I thought that w8 is problem what takes much cpu. But w7 is same slow, I can't even play NBA 2k13 normal fps, what should I do? I close all unnessessary apps in task manager but it still hanging. Please help.

And I'm using old windows theme, my search is disabled etc.

A:Poor Windows and gaming performance on Asus K53U

That's not a gaming laptop, by any stretch of the definition.

If you want to play games, here are some options:
- Turn down all graphics settings on games to minimum, and use 800 x 600 resolution. Pray that works.
- Go back to the store you got it from and see if you can return it as store credit to buy a more expensive machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-windows-and-gaming-performance-on-asus-k53u.189102/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am interested on having 4 or 5 monitors on 1 GPU. In fututre I might add another GPU for doubling this number (if possible).
1) Is it possible to do that? (two same GPUs for many monitors?)
2)I have some GPUs in mind.
a) XFX HD-677X-NZFC Radeo HD 6770 1 GB
b) xfx-radeon-hd-6870
c) gigabyte-gv-n650oc-1gi-graphics-card-gf-gtx-650-1gb
d) sapphire-radeon-hd-7770-flex
e) Asus GT 640.

Which one do you believe shall I choose?
Are these cards for 4-5 monitors as I believe?

All these are up to 150 euro.
I do not care for gaming. Only have many windows - apps running (software,emails, etc)
Thank you very much for all your help

A:Four or five monitors running on one cheap GPU

What resolution are the monitors and what inputs do they have (Displayport would be preferable)? Also you need to clarify if you need 4 or 5 monitors, that will make a big difference as quite a few cards support 4 monitors but finding a single card which supports 5-6 monitors is much harder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/four-or-five-monitors-running-on-one-cheap-gpu.188682/
Relevancy 31.82%

What is the highest Quality video currently in the world nowadays there are alot of 1080 and 720 but are there any higher like 1280 or something higher??

A:Highest quality streaming video?

1080P is the HD standard at this point. There will post likely be a 4K option in the future, but Youtube is still struggling to add 3D support, so dont expect it any time soon. But with HTML5 finalized as of yesterday, youtube will begin to roll it out within the next year I am guessing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/highest-quality-streaming-video.188266/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello Techspot!!!!

I have had my laptop for nearly 3 years but I wouldn't deem it to be a poor performance laptop. Recently I have been getting slow internet, poor keyboard response and slow scrolling, and it is very frustrating!!! I share the BT 3 homehub with good connection speed which was checked and found fine! My housemates laptop has started having the same problem as mine and I really want to fix this issue. The internet, keyboard and scrolling speeds vary everyday but overall are slow performers. I have looked through some of the threads and have seen people posting long threads of code etc :/ Is there anyone out there who has the time and patience to help me fix this problem? It would be most appreciated!!!

Many Thanks

Dan

A:Slow internet, poor keyboard response and slow scrolling problems

First, get us

make/model of all PCs
of the internet modem
and any extra router attached.
Is this a rather new ISP for you and/or are the PCs newish or older ones?

Did you every have good response? HOW long ago?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-poor-keyboard-response-and-slow-scrolling-problems.187909/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi everyone This is my RMA story Every third ASUS laptop is DIFFECTIVE I had a custom Asus gaming laptop G JX- DE G JX from Xoticpc com I can t say I have it because it has already been in the Asus repair station for more than months and I don t know when I will get it back My RMA status is still the same quot Waiting- WB Wait for Material Spare Parts quot I emailed the Asus representative Mr Tien Phan email address deleted and got the response that the issue with my notebook was duplicated and it was currently at a repair station waiting for the necessary parts to come in Because of that I began to initiate some action and look problems quality Asus laptop RMA at what I could dig up If you look at the Asus website you will see that now it only has gaming laptops G VW and G VW but there were Asus laptop quality RMA problems a dozen different models in My friend s computer market analyst said that the Asus repair station is piled up with defective laptops transformers tablets Almost every third ASUS laptop is DIFFECTIVE Since Asus started to produce their own laptops in huge amounts though previously it was focused on the production of motherboard and other components The range of its products increased in many times They tried to compete even with Apple Zenbook Pads But the Asus team just can t compete with Steve Jobs team As a result the quality of Asus products begins to fall dramatically Asus Customer Service just can t cope with the avalanche of custom claims Unfortunately the quality of the motherboards diamond in Asus crown became worse Asus laptop quality RMA problems compared to what it was before I Asus laptop quality RMA problems built three rigs with Asus motherboards last one is P X D Premium and I am satisfied with their quality But now days are different Now we need to think seven times before buying an Asus laptop Having every third ASUS laptop DIFFECTIVE is too much pcbzick nbsp

A:Asus laptop quality RMA problems

I'd heard ASUS had quality issues but just figured that's people flaming online. Now I know better. I've had my laptop go out on repair twice for the same issue (screen flashes then blacks out). On first repair all they did was swap the system board and the issue reappeared almost immediatly. Call center staff would not agree to expedite shipping on second repair. When second repair was done they could not supply a tracking number. Emails to ASUS are answered by a bot. It's not so much that the device failed, that happens, it's the followup that is miserable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-laptop-quality-rma-problems.185891/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Everyone,
Okay I'm on Facebook and well I like to play Farmville,CityVille however when I play these games it sticks and lags when I move around...I know it's not my Broadband as I'm getting 7.5mb
What factors would it come down to?
My CPU is stuck at 100% when I play these online games?
Any ideas please. Thank you!

MY COMPUTER SPECS:

ME PLAYING FARMVILLE AND MY CPU IS AT 100%!

A:Poor performance in online games

Upgrade ur processor dude go for the higher version of the processor the amd semptron is for normal browsing the browser needs good processor to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-performance-in-online-games.186152/
Relevancy 20.21%

This is my first build Now don t get me wrong I am really considering having someone else take my components and do the quot building quot part for me but im kind of fishing for confidence guidance to do it my self to save money and gain experience doing it on my own I have bought my parts in two separate orders now this Wednesday will have every thing here to get up and running all but the video card It s not the hardware part that is making me worried im plenty confidant with a screw driver and electricity as well as far as taking care of buisness with wire management and air flow but the software BIOS the first boot and the possible troubleshoot with those aspects has me biting my nails Even if everything I bought gives me no trouble at all and boots up perfectly I am finicky about getting every thing fully optimized and running smoothly and stable because I have never seen a bios and I have never seen a PC minus a windows varient On the otherside of quot a perfect world quot if Should my and running? build up get I pay someone just to I have DOA parts and this thing doesnt power on im going to be in cold sweat getting it taken care of mind you I have till the th till my first order falls out of Newegg s day policy nbsp

A:Should I just pay someone to get my build up and running?

Do you know anyone who could help guide you while you put the computer to gather. This would let you do it your self. Plus you would learn from it. Plus keep you from falling out of the dead line on your parts. If not you should be able to do it your self. You can always post here if you run into a problem. There are a lot of good people here who know there stuff that will help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-just-pay-someone-to-get-my-build-up-and-running.185423/
Relevancy 23.22%

OK I will start from that I have Doubled image in fps games I ve tried different monitor CPU MOBO nothing helped I m trying to solve this but can t Doubled (ghosting)... image why? find the right answer Many suggested reinstall new drivers which is stupid in my opinion change monitor because it s broken or said that this is common thing having ghosting in LCDs or change HDMI cable I almost believed in that my monitor is really broken but recently I found this video which confirms that my monitor is not broken and this has something to do with Doubled image (ghosting)... why? the PC hardware or even Graphics card because I can see this ghosting recorded by another person here is the pictures and video this video shows ghosting playing at FPS watch from m s and pause the video every second same game on different hardware no ghosting detected watch from m s it s really annoying because of this Usually I m playing with a controller on my PC with analog stick I move camera slower than with K amp M and the ghosting effect is much more noticeable Doubled image (ghosting)... why? than moving with mouse left-right in a second anybody has any explanations on this matter I repeat my self again my monitor is OK I did some digging it has ms response time Playing games at - fps it s a pain to watch the image is not clear all objects are doubled nbsp

A:Doubled image (ghosting)... why?

Can you confirm that you're running on progressive resolution not interlaced mode? seems like common problem with interlaced display. check your nvidia control panel or ati catalyst for the display resolution, and if necessary, try to go for lower progressive resolution to check whether the ghosting persists. hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/doubled-image-ghosting-why.185006/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys I on when KAV60: turned white turned when no image off, Acer LCD is have an acer aspire one KAV mini laptop It was dropped and the LCD panel was broken I used it with an external VGA monitor while the ebay LCD purchased arrived home I didnt use the laptop for month Today the LCD panel arrived I changed it Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on right away But as soon I connected the flex cable LCD panel when On with a white light like if the LED Backlight was connected directly Laptop was turned off when this happens If I turn the laptop On then the LCD panel goes black Led light turns off HD powers on vent powers on power led is on if Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on I plug the AC adapter then charge led is on but no Bios logo at all Like if the BIOS operations where dead at all LCD was used but in good shape as quoted by the seller on ebay Now if the screen was in quot short circuit quot when purchased could this mess up the whole laptop Could a defective LCD panel cause the motherboard to die Or could the motherboard die just becaus it cans and that to be the reason why the LCD panel goes on white light What do you think can be wrong now with my laptop Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on

It could be a defective inverter or LCD panel. I would try a new inverter first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-kav60-lcd-is-white-when-turned-off-no-image-when-turned-on.184380/
Relevancy 31.82%

I recall OCZ had serious issues and am wondering if this is still true? Last year I heard Intel and Crucial were very reliable.

A:Which manufacturers make quality SSDs?

Intel,Crucial and Samsung.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-manufacturers-make-quality-ssds.183116/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just looking at running 2 laptops with this portal 2 for schools activity in the next 2 weeks and we have Dell Latitude E6220 Laptops 15", they have a I3 clocked at 2.10GHz and 2GB Ram but only have the standard Intel HD3000 Graphics, will that work on atleast low settings?
Will also most likely be running atleast one on a TV at 1080p

A:Running Portal 2 for schools

It might work, you could check http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx to see what it says and if you can run it or not. It should run on low pretty well. Valve games are never too demanding.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-portal-2-for-schools.183604/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a pentium dual core e6600 which is supposed to be 3.06ghz, but the cpu meter desktop gadget is telling me it is running at 1594mhz. I have not done anything with otver/underclocking, so can someone tell me how I can get it to run at the proper speed?

A:Intel Pentium E6600 running slowly

Try running stress tests like Prime95, look at the gadget while its in stress

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-pentium-e6600-running-slowly.183025/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just finished building my new budget gaming system half an hour ago, and having since then installed CPU-Z, I notice my AMD FX-6100 black edition is running at 1.3GHz instead of the usual 3.3GHz.
I have no idea what's wrong with it since everything else is running perfectly.
also, under the 'Graphics' Tab, It says my 550Ti has a core clock of 50MHz, shaders 101MHz, and Memory 135MHz.
is it just me or is that insanely slow??

please help me fix this! I don't want a slow pc!

heres the parts list:

Case: Corsair Carbide 400r
CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO (running in push-pull config)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX550Ti
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM
Memory: 8GB Patriot Gamer2 1333MHz
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
Optical Drive: LG DVDRW
Power Supply: Corsair HX-650

Thanks for any answers!

A:CPU only running at 1GHz

Most likely it's because you're looking at the numbers when your computer is idle. CPUs and GPUs downclock automatically when idle, it reduces your electricity bill and keeps your components cool.

Run a CPU/GPU intensive program in the background and check again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-only-running-at-1ghz.182350/
Relevancy 20.21%

I cant see anything in my bios related to ram, so I got this from CPU-Z.

it says that the 6GB DDr3 in my laptop is running at 675 MHz. Maybe its just me, but I didnt think DDR3 was supposed to run that slowly. it concerns my because im using a Liano APU and fast memory is a big deal. I was thinking of upgrading to 8GB and was just wondering if it was maybe a motherboard limitation (which would suck) or its somehow just slow ram..any thoughts on this?

A:Laptop DDR3 only running at 675 MHz

DDR stands for Double Data Rate so you need to multiply that by 2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-ddr3-only-running-at-675-mhz.182348/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I posted a thread in quot viruses malwar quot After running a some all coming at slow, not running freezing, Computer up games check on the computer they saw nothing malicious suggested it is a hardware problem and suggested I post something here When I restarted my computer the other day Windows loaded normally boot time was seconds However when I clicked on the icon for Google Chrome nothing happened I tried others and the same thing I was sitting there thinking I may have picked up a virus and Google Chrome opened I discovered that it just took awhile for the programs to open so I updated and ran SE and MWB then did a disc cleanup The computer was fine The next evening I turned the computer on and the same thing happened So I repeated the process Since then the programs are sluggish to open and some of the games I play won t open at all I have Windows and have only had the computer since Sept Oct of I am not great with computers but have cleaned a computer in the past through TechSpot so I can follow instructions Any ideas nbsp

A:Computer running slow, freezing, some games not coming up at all

well the first step is making sure you dont have a ton of programs running in the system tray (next to the clock.).
If you could click the windows button, right click computer, click properties, and tell us what is written down in system, it would give us a better idea of the caliber of PC we are talking about here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-slow-freezing-some-games-not-coming-up-at-all.182116/
Relevancy 19.78%

Okay here of Audio out ideas problem... running is the thing on June rd my audio stop working I try to fix it but no matter what I did I couldn t get it work On June th my audio start working again It kept working till June th when I had power blackout which cause my laptop to have improper shut down cause I had the battery out I did system restore back to June rd and my audio problem start working Audio problem... running out of ideas again but then on June th my computer overheated and had improper shut down which cause audio problem to happen again I can Audio problem... running out of ideas t system restore the computer again cause the june rd restore point is no longer listed even after I click on showing restore points older than days Since then my audio has not been working There is an x over the audio icon on taskbar which says no audio output device is installed I went to device manager and realize that sound video and game controller is missing I scan for hardware changes but it doesn t appear I click show hidden devices and look at other devices folder but the only thing listed there is a keyboard filter I check to see if there is yellow mark on all devices but nothing I check windows audio automatic I check on-board audio enabled did windows and hp update up to date but audio problem is still there did a driver recovery and re-install the driver that came with computer still have the audio problem I even went on add hardware and added another driver realtek audio driver I had my sound video and game controller folder back but the device had code error This device cannot start so I uninstall the device then the sound video and game controller disappear again I try to use microsoft fix it program and it say that I do not have Speakers Conexant High Defintion SmartAudio SPDIF Interface Conexant High Defintion SmartAudio I went on the internet to look for the driver and I found it HP site I download it and try to installed it but it say I already have following file on my computer when I try to overwrite it install halfway but then towards the end it told me access denied Then a pop up shows up saying that driver installation failed could not find the device for this driver I am running out of ideas on how to fix it I went on programs and features and I see that I have conexant hd audio and hdaudio soft data fax and modem with SmartPc installed My computer is old It s a HP Pavilion dv se Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista -bit Service Pack My sound card is in-built I thought it might be broken but the computer makes a beep noise whenever I have computer pop up like whenever it is asking me to confirm if I want to install a program or if I press the backspace too much I am not sure if that means the sound card is okay or not Is it Any ideas on how to fix my audio problem nbsp

A:Audio problem... running out of ideas

Fyi... A computer doesn't need a sound card to create simple beep tones.

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
You can attach it to your next post by clicking Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem-running-out-of-ideas.181872/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I have been having problems playing Runescape on my crappy computer I wanted to ask someone to see if there is any way i can rectify the problem My system specs http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport Document jsp lang en amp cc us amp objectID c Just a website that shows all my system specs Basically this computer is a wal-mart computer Problem running games A Black Friday Bargain But despite that I ve not had problems running games that I know I should be able to run until I got to Runescape In fact this computer can run WoW perfectly fine On quot performance quot settings of course but it can t seem to run a simple browser-based game any higher than FPS I m here to ask if there is anything i can do hardware-wise to upgrade this computer Problem running games to help run the game while spending the least money possible I know that the graphics card sucks but I don t really care about running popular high-end games right now And I know that the card sucks because its integrated And I know I m posting in the Motherboard section But I was told to download a program called quot GPU-Z quot that basically monitors what parts of my computer are being used when I do certain things While running Runescape it says my Graphics card is at and my CPU is doing all the work Apparently this means the CPU or something is quot bottlenecking quot my graphics card and it isn t even doing any work at all So I wanted to see if it really is a CPU problem and not a graphics card problem Another hiccup is that my computer apparently only has W power supply which is terrible Is it even possible to upgrade my computer s hardware without buying a new power supply I know they can be pretty expensive Anyways thanks for the help I m kind of sporadic in this post I am just really tired Haha nbsp

A:Problem running games

The computer can handle only 4GB of DDR2 667MHz memory max. Your only real option is to buy a PCIe X16 DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 video card... The power supply may or may not support the video card though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-running-games.180248/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1001PXD preloaded with Windows 7 Starter. I'm thinking it had an Aleureon(sp?) in the MBR, but I did some things to it a couple months ago, and Windows is booting up. It says it is connecting to the network in my house as "public", but won't get on the internet. It won't let me change the classification to "home". When I did whatever I did (can't remember what), It created a new partition (E) for recovery files. I want the laptop back in it's factory state with the recovery files in D like they're supposed to be. There is no CD or DVD drive as it is only a small laptop, but I may be able to transfer files/programs from my main desktop to it if it is indeed connected to the network. Thanks in advance, Bec

A:Can't do complete system recovery, but I know the image is still there

You can buy or borrow an external USB CD/DVD drive, to do the job for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-do-complete-system-recovery-but-i-know-the-image-is-still-there.177211/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi forum
I recently updated my psu from 500 to 650 due to quietness reasons. Although I properly know how to change it something has happen that I can't explain.
The computer boots, with both CPU and gpu fans starting. Although sometimes it takes a 2-6 second "rest"(with everything turning off again) to then start, just a couple of seconds in the start, that has never happen before.
As it then starts there is no image on my screen, since I have a hd6970 that has a light that tells me if something is wrong, it's not the gpu. The USB ports doesn't seen to be responsiven since the keyboard dosnt light up, although my headset is showing that is being charged, so clearly power is going trough( I have tried all the USB ports and they all charge)
So now Im stuck I have no idea what to do
Please forum, help

Sincerely Adam

A:New PSU = no image

what board do you have? Unplug all devices from USB ports and try a cold boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-psu-no-image.177286/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello people, i had just bought the above mentioned graphics card. I want to know how is its performance and quality? After installing this card i played NFS underground. I just can't see any difference or any advantage in this game. Is it really good a card? And if it is then which games would put this card for real tests? Also i wanna know which latest games are compatible with this card? Please provide me with the list of such latest games.

Thank you.

A:Quality and performance of Asus EN210 graphics card

I'm sure the quality of the card is good with respect to its manufacture but it's not a gaming card at all. It might be able to play some low spec games but if you want to play the "latest games," this is not the card for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quality-and-performance-of-asus-en210-graphics-card.177068/
Relevancy 19.78%

I own a Sony Vaio VPCF111FX. The ribbon cable on the lcd is going bad causing the lcd to be pretty much shot. I can use an external monitor with it but my problem is that the laptop runs the bios on the laptop lcd, then once windows (7) starts it switches to the external display. This prevents me from accessing this BIOS. Is there any way to get the laptop to run the startup through the external display?

A:Running BIOS on external monitor

try disconnecting the ribbon cable to make it invisble at the start

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-bios-on-external-monitor.176930/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello. I just bought a Radeon HD 6870 from visiontek and after i uninstalled my old drivers and installed the new card i reset my pc and the performance of my pc slowed down so much i can barely start IE just to type this. i have seen other posts about the problem might be caused by my psu but so far none of them have helped.

These are my specs tell me if you need some more info

Motherboard ASUS M4A77TD
CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955
2 X 2GB Ram
Xion High Performance 700 Watt PSU
+12V1 25A

Also I'm not sure if this may be the problem but the PSU has a 6+2 pin that splits into a 6+2 pin I'm using both of those to power the card.

A:New GPU, PC running very slow

I'd try a friends reliable power supply and see if that helps.

You didn't say that you downloaded the most current driver from AMD. If you haven't done that already I'd make that my first priority.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gpu-pc-running-very-slow.176295/
Relevancy 19.78%

A few months back i purchased a premade acer computer It had GB of RAM an i - small power supply no video card I bought a saphire hd video card and installed it and have been playing games for two months i also bought and installed a watt power supply Today i went out and bought gigs of corsair vengeance RAM I installed it without a hitch I went to turn on the computer and a very loud noise occurred and the screen was all gross like not all the drivers were installed I turned it off and realized i hadnt hooked up the second six pin connector to the card I plugged it back in and then i got no display I unplugged it again I went into the operating system and saw it registered my gb but not my video card I am currently going to try to reseat the video card but any help solving this problem would be great in the mean time nbsp

A:HD 6870 fan running, no video output

So did the reseat work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-fan-running-no-video-output.175222/
Relevancy 20.21%

My Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 6000+ used to stay between 35c-45c at the most, now it runs between 72c and 82c is there any reason this is happening and should I be seriuosly concerned? also should I just get another cpu or cooler? All solutions excepted.

A:CPU temperature running high?

I'd take a look at your current cooler and see if it may have busted. You may have a cracked heat pipe or something.

If thermal paste is applied incorrectly, air bubbles can form between the heat sink and CPU and over time can push the paste from out between those two devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temperature-running-high.175152/
Relevancy 19.78%

I got a new SSD Samsung Series GB SATA Gps for my Dell Vostro laptop All my hardware supports SATA Gbps there s no reason for the SSD not to work well I updated to the latest firmware made a fresh installation of Windows x installed the latest chipset driver and the latest Intel RST I then tested the speed of the drive and it was about a half of what it s supposed to be and I ve read reviews showing very high performance The problem I believe is that when I looked at the RST window it says that the SATA transfer rate is Gb s So there must be something Where's SATA SSD running on Gbps? problem? the 1.5 only stopping the drive from running on SATA G I contacted Dell and after quite SSD running only on SATA 1.5 Gbps? Where's the problem? a long talk and waiting on hold they told me that there should be no reason for it not to run on SATA Gps I should also mention that I tested the SSD on another computer and it runs as fast as it should be and in SATA G Even though it s a huge improvement over my old HDD it still bugs me that I can get only about half the performance of the drive Any help on solving this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:SSD running only on SATA 1.5 Gbps? Where's the problem?

The laptops motherboard may not support that SATA speed for SSD drives, no matter what Dell says. If the Dell support person doesn't have that particular problem on their computer list, they are helpless, as most tech support people are. Most of us here are "Real World Techs" and not Geek Squad flunkies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-running-only-on-sata-1-5-gbps-wheres-the-problem.173316/
Relevancy 18.92%

All of the sudden my computer took twice as long to start up and my sound skips and is stretched everything is very slow my What started suddenly dell slow, this? gx520 My (pics) optiplex running doing is mouse skips as well and before no matter what I was doing no matter what I was downloading or playing games my mouse never freezes I had the free Norton that comes with comcast and after the sluggishness I downloaded malwarebytes and got AVG internet security And they did clean some viruses out But it still runs slow I updated all of my drivers I deleted almost all of my programs The only antivirus I have running is AVG and AVG PC tuneup which tuned up and fixed problems But STILL NO FIX Plus I re-installed all of my codecs and divx and everything possible updated my My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) drivers with two different driver updaters Its either the drivers could be codecs or something happened to my power supply My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) look at this info on my computer and tell me if something is wrong sorry you ll have to copy paste the links for the pictures i tinypic com mortw jpg i tinypic com swahit jpg i tinypic com wtfxb jpg MUCH appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-optiplex-gx520-suddenly-started-running-slow-what-is-doing-this-pics.174092/
Relevancy 33.11%

Does the TS budget box seem like a not so good value?
I mean, you can get a phenom II quad core 3.2 GHz for 130ish. Throw that on a mobo that has some usable integrated graphics (until you are able to add a decent graphics card) with 4 or 8 GB of ram, and a hard drive of choice, and a cheap yet solid case, and finally a DVD drive and you are probably around 450-500ish.

I dont know, it just seems like using the A8 for anything but laptops or micro (or other small factor) ATX is pointless.
Just my thoughts.

A:Is it just me or does the TS Budget Box seem like a poor value?

they are pretty much designed for graphic card replacements (not anywhere near yet though) and very low power use so yes good for laptops but not for desktops at the moment

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-just-me-or-does-the-ts-budget-box-seem-like-a-poor-value.173940/
Relevancy 33.54%

i am retired with a severe disability.i am on a fixed income,i know my pc is not the best.i see all the other pc specs and it makes me kind of envious.my pc is 9yrs old i rebuilt it,new power supply,new hdd,new ram,new cd/dvd combo drive,new everything except motherboard wich i had tested and is in very good condition.how do i build a new one being a poor individual.by the way my disability is ms.i would like to get help in finding or building a new higher end pc.thanks all you pc pros for your input or help. please no bad comments ifeel bad enough as it is!

A:The poor and PCs

Hi faulty56

I think I posted in one of your other threads. I think it was a thread about IE8. Please forgive me if I came off as disrespectful, I only meant to be helpful.

What budget are we looking at for this build?
Are you interested in AMD or Intel type boards?
Would integrated graphics suite you or would you need more graphical power? Integrated graphics should be fine unless you want this build for gaming.
Are you looking to transfer Windows XP SP3 or installing a new Operating System?
What is the power output of your power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-poor-and-pcs.173544/
Relevancy 31.82%

Now I have been trying to run Skyrim on all the minimum settings and it just will not reach a usable frame rate. I am using the M11X from Alienware with all the original manufacturer components. I do not know a whole lot about computers but it seems that the problem is with my video card. The Geforce GT 335M. Is there anything I can do to increase performance, short of having to purchase new equipment entirely?

A:Poor Skyrim performance on Alienware M11X laptop

How much memory is installed? What CPU is installed and what version of Windows is installed? Is Windows fully updated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-skyrim-performance-on-alienware-m11x-laptop.173466/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently had my headphones short out in one ear and need new ones but I don't know what ones to get cause I don't want to keep having the same problem. So recommendations would be nice. I just want good sound quality with a mic on it. Preferably something like the ones I had (see link) but I heard those always short out after a year or two so I don't really want to deal with the problem in the future.

$50 is as high as I'd like to go, I don't know if that too low to find good quality headsets though.

A:Need a good quality headset at cheap price

Grab a Razer barracuda HP-1 from ebay for a low low price,, 80ish maybe but their killer 5.1 headset, with outputs to your sound cards rear and front and center and sub.. gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-good-quality-headset-at-cheap-price.173074/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi, as above my PC has started having boot up issues and the Sys fan is reading 0rpm but when I've opened up the casing all of the fans are running fine.

Thanks

A:My sys fan is reading 0RPM but all the fans are running

Hmmm guess this isn't a very common problem then, could it be any kind of driver issue?

I've recently upgraded from XP to windows 7 but updated all the drivers I could find from the manufacturers website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sys-fan-is-reading-0rpm-but-all-the-fans-are-running.172036/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey everyone I am looking at getting a computer for starwars the old republic needs to release already grr I am thinking of going through Cyberpowerpc com my brother and quite a few of my friends have bought computers from them and they seem to be the cheapest for brand new systems I was hoping I could get some of you to build what you think would be a great computer for TOR. What Wars: for gaming you are new Building running? Star comp gaming I will only be doing games on it and maybe watching movies I have monitor right now i believe is a quot viewsonic I would like to get a quot and have duel monitors I am looking to spend any where from k- k I am looking into getting a SSD with a reg hard drive for Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? storage Any questions or concerns please post them here and i will get back to you ASAP PREFER intel i unless u think i would be better with Over Clocking also if you will be playing starwars tor what kind of rig are u running right now and will be running for the game on release day so i just seen this and sorry for not doing it prior but here is what i kind of want What are you going to use the PC for Starwars TOR movies maybe blue ray maybe not not sure Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? yet thats about it How much is your budget k- k Where are you located a k a fill out your profile San Joaquin Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? County California near stockton modesto ca Are you willing to buy online was looking at cyberpowerpc com I have put together computers myself from newegg com and a couple other places and from what i have seen cyberpower only charges roughly - dollars to put it together for you Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build No Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others Yes monitor keyboard mouse and headset prefer throw in speakers ill remove if i want or dont want Have you already bought any parts no i have not bought anything Do you have an Operating System OS I have one from my laptop but i dont think i will be using it so throw in maybe windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup I prefer water cooled CPU GPU I want it to stay cool as it does get hot here during the summer months but ontop of that i would like as little noise as possible and no lights or neons I hate bright lights when im trying to sleep lol nbsp

A:Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running?

I am assuming that your present budget excludes the monitor.

Here's what I suggest:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz - $219.99
ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 - $189.99
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Radeon HD 6950 - $239.99
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 - $149.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) - $69.99
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB - $54.99
COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II - $79.99

TOTAL - $1004.93

That leaves you with $700 for OS and peripherals.

I am personally using the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and Logitech MX518 as my keyboard / mouse combo. Really happy with them. However, it's more down to personal preference.

With any cash that's left over you might want to get an SSD/Blu-Ray/etc. Or you might look at getting a second HD 6950 for CF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-gaming-comp-for-star-wars-tor-what-are-you-running.170921/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi,

I have a problem when i streamed video on the web such as Youtube, the video appear choppy and jerky while the audio is running ok. But I could run the video smoothly on 240p resolutions but not higher. Is there any setting on the laptop to improve this?

A:Video streaming on the net appear choppy and jerky while audio is running smoothly

Unfortunately I don't have any inspiring ideas, just some standard ones that I can suggest.

A) Make sure you haven't set the battery settings to low. I know on my lap top if I have it set to the power-saving setting than everything runs pretty poorly.

B) Update video card drivers. Usually my first suggestion for anything video related. Or, if you just updated them, roll back to an older version.

C) Make sure you don't have a lot of stuff running in the back ground. Did you download something recentley and then this started happening? Make sure it isn't doing funny stuff in the back ground.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Like I said, it's nothing unorthodox, really, but hopefully it might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-streaming-on-the-net-appear-choppy-and-jerky-while-audio-is-running-smoothly.168738/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello I Dimension slow 2350 running Dell know this Dell is rather old but it is all I have for use until I have saved for a new laptop Dell Dimension 2350 running slow My problem with it is that it is very slow It has a GHz Intel Celeron CPU and MB of RAM and it runs Windows XP Home Edition but when I attempt to browse the web via Google Chrome or Firefox or any browser it s really slow Trying to load a video on YouTube on this thing is pretty much impossible I assumed this was just normal behaviour for a machine this old but I was told by a friend that MB should be more than enough to run Windows XP without it being this slow I constantly get the quot virtual memory minimum too low quot message while trying to visit Twitter or Facebook or even when checking my mail I ve just tried increasing the virtual memory and I will check if that has made any difference but I d just like to know if there s anything else that can be done to improve this machine s performance Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Dell Dimension 2350 running slow

here are things I do to maintain my computer at its top potential:
1. update OS
2. update antivirus definition and regular scanning with antivirus and antimalware will help.
3. update device driver.
4. HDD check - chkdsk /r

hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-2350-running-slow.160796/
Relevancy 19.78%

My PSU is about - years old I just opened my case up to start running it PSU stops fan and I to manually have clean my GFX card and PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it then turned it on and noticed that my PSU fan isn t running The fan is right at the bottom of the PSU so it s parallel to the ground and the fan is facing the ground I couldn t really get a good search of the PSU online PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it but it s a cooler master atx V product no RP- PCAR W O PFC It has red numbers saying so I assume it s watts and the fan is volts Motherboard biostar Tforce P PSU cooler master atx V product no RP- PCAR W O PFC My fan isn t running when my computer is turned on and i have to take a pencil or something to manually start the spinning while the computer is on Ocassionally it ll even stop moving after a while computer still on and i have to manually spin it again Is this reparable Can I get gell on the PSU fan because it seems to be a little cloggy How big of an issue is it that my PSU fan isn t working It s really hot right now environment -wise being summer and the PSU fan not running kinda scares me nbsp

A:PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it

I would either try to replace the fan if you know what you are doing or replace the whole power supply. I wouldn't run the PC if the power supply fan isn't working. You risk burning out the PSU and when it blows it could take out other components with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-fan-stops-running-and-i-have-to-manually-start-it.167728/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi I m just getting into pc gaming but since i had my new desktop build i haven t had the best results with gaming I get poor performance on pretty much every game i ve tried from Mass Effect crysis and and now Arkham Asylum I get a lot of frame rate drops and in some cases like crysis i can t even play on medium settings without massive drops I ve tried a lot of tweaks research etc but i PC performance Poor gaming new on m pretty much going crazy here Help me out Chipset AMD G Processor AMD Phenom II X T MHz Physical Memory MB Poor performance on new gaming PC x DDR -SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Hard Disk Western Digital WD AAKS- UU A ATA Device GB Hard Disk Hitachi HTS L A GB DVD-Rom Drive ELBY CLONEDRIVE DVD-Rom Drive ATAPI iHAS B Monitor Type Toshiba TOSHIBA-TV - inches Network Card Realtek Semiconductor RTL PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Operating System Windows Ultimate Professional Media Center -bit DirectX Version nbsp

A:Poor performance on new gaming PC

So are u sure your video card and CD player are up to date. It seems to me like your software is not up to date. U should install the latest software to make sure your games run right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-performance-on-new-gaming-pc.167411/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey everyone My computer started giving me distorted images just the other day and shut it down Turned it on yesterday morning and worked great started downloading and did possibly image, Distorted GPU? it again Shut it down This morning turned it on and still giving a distorted image I opened it up dust everywhere seperated and cleaned fans and every place I saw with dust on it Cleaned the filter in the front as well which was gunked up Anyways I am stumped because it still gives a distorted image There is barely any dust now and everything is good as far as temperature goes I am figuring that it is my graphic card because I can get Distorted image, possibly GPU? on the computer and use it just the resolution is bigger at lowest settings and the image is distorted I thought maybe the GPU had overheated but I left it over night off and it still has the distorted image in the morning I don t have an integrated GPU so I couldn t check it Computer specs AMD Athlon tm X Dual core Processor GHz GB RAM -bit Operating System GeForce GT DDR mb PCIe M R -MVP motherboard Temps at idle Processor Core Min C Max C Processor Core Min C Max C GPU Min C Max C Fans are at total I have attached an image of my screen Any help would be appreciated I am a rookie computer builder and learning as I go Thanks for the help Oh and I have had this computer with hardware for about six years I just changed the motherboard about a year ago Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Distorted image, possibly GPU?

Yes, I would say that your video card is the cause. You could try removing the video card and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser and then reinstall it... Dust acts like a blanket holding in heat. Excessive heat is not good for electronics or computers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/distorted-image-possibly-gpu.163360/
Relevancy 32.25%

After having investigated the situation for the sake of people around me, it appears that the best laptops, as far as quality is concerned, are Asus, Toshiba and Sony. Lenovo dropped a bit after their agreement with IBM came to an end.

Dell and HP are very average today, in the same league as Acer (competition is tough). Packard Bell and Fujitsu are bad.

A:Quality laptops

I agree with Asus and Toshiba but would not put Sony in the same category.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quality-laptops.163598/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I am trying to run a Tri-screen setup, however it isnt working properly. So first my computers specs.

Video Cards: 2 x SAPPHIRE HD6850 1GB GDDR5 256 -Bit Dual DVI / HDMI v1.4a / DP Core Clock: 775 MHz
Monitors: 2 x 21.5inch ASUS VH222T (Using DVI) and 1 x LG94WT (Using a DVI/HDMI adapator)

So I currenlty have both of the ASUS monitors plugged into the top video card and they work fine. However, when I plug the LG screen in it is dected but wont display anything. To get it to display I need to disable one of my other monitors. Plugging the monitor into the bottome video card, does nothing, the computer doesnt even detect the LG monitor.

Any idea on how to get it working?
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-running-a-tri-screen-set-up.163361/
Relevancy 19.35%

Just got a new computer 2 days ago:

Alienware Aurora_r3
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
4.00 GB ram
Windows 7 (64bit)
Dual video cards, both AMD Radeon HD 6800 series, with latest catalyst drivers installed directly from the website

Whenever I try to run games in full screen mode (as opposed to windowed), after 2 to 5 minutes my computer will just turn off. No error messages, warning sounds, lights, anything.. it just turns off. Affected games include Starcraft2, WoW, League of Legends, that I have tested so far.

However, if I run these games in windowed mode, I can play without interruption with all graphic options turned to the max. Problem does not appear to be overheating, as the thermal indicator software that came with pre-installed never gets above 29C.

Any ideas how to fix? I don't want to have to send it back 2 days after getting it

A:New computer randomly restarts when running games in fullscreen

Alienware has been known with plagued thermal problems.

You can check inside the case and see if there's any possible mis-directed air flows, and point the duct, or add the fan to that area and see if that helps.

Dual video cards are known to be overheat very easily. If you have three PCI-E slots, move the last HD6800 to the bottom and extend the Crossfire cable to there, and see if that actually remedy with that kind of problem.
Otherwise, send it back and complain that you were ripped off, and maybe they could fix it for free.
EDITED: There's other possible options;

- kill all tasks in task manager, or using the batch with " taskkill /F /IM "program name"
- update your directX
- Downgrade your catalyst driver version to the factory driver, or upgrade to the newest driver that is FROM ATI/AMD website. ( www.amd.com )
- leave your side case to open up the more air-flows in the computer.

Welcome to Techspot, arangar32!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-randomly-restarts-when-running-games-in-fullscreen.162867/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have CPU Intel Core i - Quad core GHz Mobo speed CPU & PC slow Poor utilization Gigabyte GA-P -UD P P pin DDR RAM Patriot Signature GB Poor CPU utilization & slow PC speed Ghannel Kit DDR for Intel pin Intel p AM The set-up is about year old amp my TB HD rarely shows defrag at worse than most Poor CPU utilization & slow PC speed partitions are On the whole I consider my computing is slow Slow to load slow to wake up slow to launch programs amp slow to shut down What infuriates me is that only very rarely do I see CPU utilisation higher than amp then it s usually around doing flat out file copying Also very frequently below I have a couple of widgets providing this info Core Temp reports RAM usage CPU Usage shows the utilisation average amp with each of quot cores quot As I write now I observe the RAM usage at between amp while the CPU usage is only Simultaneously TaskManager shows CPU usage for all running processes Can anyone offer some explanation I d be happy to run any recommended benchmark tests or what I might do to sort this out I can remember when my first Pentium II processor seemed just as fast although that rapidly lost speed nbsp

A:Poor CPU utilization & slow PC speed

You shouldn't expect more than a small percentage of CPU usage, so that is normal.
Same with RAM, except that 2GB of RAM is pretty normal too.
If you really think that your computer has a problem, it would most likely be virus related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-cpu-utilization-slow-pc-speed.162715/
Relevancy 19.78%

So recently my hard drive has been making some odd sounds, but only when something is loading. Other than that it runs rather smoothly. However, not as smoothly as before.

any ideas? Hopefully my hard drive isn't failing.

A:Hard drive running a little to loud

Tools like CrystalDiskInfo will provide a quick check of your drive.
Alternatively, HWInfo is also useful; actually offers more information,
but is a little harder to read / navigate to get to the drive information.

Otherwise, I would run a full drive diagnostic,
using the the software provided by the mfg of the drive..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-running-a-little-to-loud.162322/
Relevancy 21.93%

Replaced failed HDD in laptop, need to load Windows 7 using the System Image DVD's.

Can this be done?

If so, what are the steps?
Is special hardware needed?
Do I need to format hard drive first?

I have already tried by using the "Repair Disk" created along with the "System image" disks, it's apparently not as simple as just following the prompts.

Thanks.

A:Steps/hardware needed? Replaced hard drive, load Win 7 w/ sys image DVD

This should help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/675-system-image-recovery.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steps-hardware-needed-replaced-hard-drive-load-win-7-w-sys-image-dvd.162441/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

After scanning a few documents, I get white rectangular spaces in the middle of the scanned images.

It looks as if there is a piece of paper or something that blocks parts of the document from being scanned, but the weird part is that there isn't anything physically obstructing the glass on the inside, nor the rubber rollers as I've cleaned them both multiple times.

The document scan looks just okay after letting it cool down, but each scan after that gets progressively worse unless I wait it out for a few minutes. I'm thinking that it may be the light bulb (I've tried adjusting the AutoBrightness settings) but then again I'm not very adept with the mechanics behind scanners & imaging.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fujitsu-fi-6130-scanner-white-rectangular-spaces-in-scanned-image.162300/
Relevancy 23.22%

ok i have a little issues i have an HP f1905 lcd monitor and it used to display the image just fine. but, now you have to press the power button for a couple of hours or more to get the image to show up. plz help me fix this. i took the monitor apart and didnt find anything wrong with the wiring at all. i tried new cables and different computers i even tried the DVI port didnt work either

A:Monitor won't display image

Taking into account what you have already tried I would think it is highly likely that the monitor is due for replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-image.161222/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi!

My sister has a HP Pavilion dv6 with an Intel Core i5-540 processor. According to RealTemp, the CPU idles at about 60 degrees and her computer always feels warm.

She is an Architecture Major and uses programs like Adobe Indesign, and Autodesk Revit which make the temps go up to like 80-90 degrees.

Is this normal or is this too hot?

A:CPU running warm

that is a little "warm" to put it lightly. When was the last time you or your sister tried cleaning the dust out of the heatsink assemblies? Turning off the computer and blowing the vents and fan exhaust port with compressed air could help a LOT depending on the build up.

I suggest doing this outside by the way, just in case it is really bad, and I personally remove the keyboard if I can to get in there better, but by all means this is not required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-running-warm.161128/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello peeps I have a quick one for you all For a little while now I ve been getting irritated by my TB hard disk constantly powering down when not used for you Question regarding running them keep on if wear disks a while and then having to wait for it to spin back up when its accessed Its not making my PC freeze or anything but given that my quot home quot folder is located on this hard disk whenever I Question regarding wear on disks if you keep them running request access it takes - seconds before my request is forfilled as it has powered down the disk while not being used As Question regarding wear on disks if you keep them running you can imagine even clicking a link on the desktop causes the delay as well because it is actually on the TB disk So would I risk loads of wear and tear on the disk if I turned off the shutdown disk option and forced it to run the whole time the PC is running Its not the end of the world if I can t do it but its just bloody annoying going from super fast operations because of my SSD to literally having to wait for the TB hard disk to spin up just to access a personal file Firefox is the worst for it though as when I go to download something the default folder is on the hard disk and it literally locks it up for - seconds and causes mayhem should it be a small file as I then have to wait for it to come online then the download ends almost immediately and is scanned It seems it totally confuses Firefox and it throws a fit in the process So would it be alright to just make it run nonstop like the SSD I m guessing it should be fine but thought I best check first just in case Cheers all nbsp

A:Question regarding wear on disks if you keep them running

Definitely disable the auto turn off disk setting...that is only useful is u are super eco concious, otherwise, repeated spinning up of the drive is actually detrimental to the health of the drive and will reduce the drive's life and likelihood of failure will increase...

In short, u will be better off with that option disabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-regarding-wear-on-disks-if-you-keep-them-running.160172/
Relevancy 20.21%

does anyone know if i run sli (2 512mb 7950gt oc) cards. Will it enhance watching hd on my big screen tv ?? or would it be just overkill. running one card without a hitch but thinking of using the other one i have and run sli....thanks...amd am2 6000, crosshair motherboard (not 3 or 4) and ocz reaper memory, 850psu ultra.

A:Can I enhance HD running SLI

if you have them might as well run them in sli other than that i dont think it really would help the HD thing at all SLi is for gaming not running HD content.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-enhance-hd-running-sli.160131/
Relevancy 19.78%

my laptop lags really bad and ive seen on other forums and this one that its something to do with services on task manager but i dont want to end the wrong services please help

A:Laptop running on Windows 7 is lagging and has 100% CPU usage

Download CCleaner and launch it

at the Tools tab click Startup and Save to text file

let's see what starts with Windows and disable the unnecessary apps

also another thing virus and malware do that to your system too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-running-on-windows-7-is-lagging-and-has-100-cpu-usage.159675/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,
The fan on my power supply (atrix 650T) doesnt run.
can it be fixed or do i need a new PSU?

A:Power supply fan not running

If it never actually works, well it may be something to take in mind, however if it worksfrom time to time, it may be a feature on the PSU to stop the fan when its not needed. Tried to get some info of your PSU but didnt got a thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-fan-not-running.159365/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a new computer and when I go on youtube to watch a video the video quality is bad The resolution for everything else is good When I played Mafia Bad streaming video quality the video quality was pretty good and when I m web surfing the text and colours all look normal However as soon as I watch a video the quality is really bad Here are some of my computer specs Windows Professional -bit Asus M A Bad streaming video quality T-E motherboard AMD Athlon II X Processor Ghz cores GB TB Hard Drive HIS Radeo HD video card I have the latest drivers I downloaded Ati Catalyst and did all the adjustments I could It didn t improve anything Screen resolution is already at recommended settings and I tried some of the programs available on Windows to adjust colors and everything I also tried downgrading adobe flash from the latest version down to It didn t really do anything but I might try it again Maybe it s a codec thing It doesn t make any sense to me because in terms of graphics everything is fine except for when I go on youtube to watch a video Any help or advice would be appreciated Thanks Dan nbsp

A:Bad streaming video quality

If everything else is okay but youtube is not, is it possible it's just the youtube videos that have bad resolution? Their quality can be pretty bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-streaming-video-quality.157904/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a query about a pc with a athlon II x2 240 processor running Win 7, occasionally a message pops up in the system tray saying one core of the processor is almost at maximum capacity, this can happen at any time.
Whenever I go into task manager to see what is using the processor everything appears to be fine.
Any of you guys any ideas as to what might be causing the problem.

A:One core running at maximum capacity

I have never seen any kind of message like this before. Could the computer be infected with a virus or spy-ware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-core-running-at-maximum-capacity.158066/
Relevancy 19.78%

I ve been doing a bit multiple PSU's when GPUs Adding running additional of research lately because I m unsure of the exact upgrade direction I want to take and I ve come up with the idea of using full HD screens along with triple SLI CF but the power requirements in my case would be above the capability of my Corsair HX- Having just spent on that I d rather not even consider replacing it So can a system use a second PSU like any decent PSU or do they need Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs to be built specially for the purpose I was kinda thinking maybe it would be possible to run the system on my Corsair including x GPUs and then run the rd th using another PSU Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs like a w modular thus only using a couple of cables OCZ one or something Besides the space requirements how exactly do you go about doing this e g how would you connect it into the motherboard and is it physically possible Do I need to use a booster thingy PSU like the ones Red uses in his hollodeck instead If so where on earth do you purchase them from in the UK and what are they called Its purely discussion right now I m not tying myself down to any particular idea I d just like to understand all my available paths and answer a couple of questions I m unsure about more than anything nbsp

A:Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs

Leeky said:

Having just spent 117 on that I'd rather not even consider replacing it. So can a system use a second PSU (like any decent PSU), or do they need to be built specially for the purpose?Click to expand...

I'm no expert in PSU's so I wont bull**** you on that, it's my weak spot, but is it possible to use multiple PSU's on one system? Yes. Both in your case? I don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-additional-psus-when-running-multiple-gpus.157864/
Relevancy 23.22%

Greetings, everyone.

My new rig has two identical HDDs and a mobo ready for a RAID (0 or 1, I think) configuration. I was under the impression that one could simply install Windows 7 on one HDD and later go into Disk Management and convert it to a RAID setup. It seems, however, the button to do so has been grayed out.

Let's say I partition the first HDD. Could I then allocate the remaining disk space of the first HDD and all of the disk space on the second HDD to a RAID setup? I think the RAID menu in my BIOS recognizes the actual HDDs and ignores any partitions, but I'm not certain.

A:RAID... from a backup image?

that sequence will not work.

1) you create the RAID-X array to include drives {1,2,...n}
2) format the array
3) then load the data.

Now once an array is operational, some raid software will allow a new drive to replace one which is 'broken'
ie: will format and resync data to it (for the raid-1 variations) or for raid-0,
the recovery sequence will get it formatted (and the restore will sync the data)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-from-a-backup-image.157874/
Relevancy 19.78%

my laptop was stuck or hang suddenly during i played the music or open any application....

A:Laptop's hang while running the application and sometimes sticky

English is not your first language? Do you have a friend that speaks English that can explain this a little clearer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptops-hang-while-running-the-application-and-sometimes-sticky.156471/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have an eMachine ET1641 series running Windows Vista. I don't know anything else since this is a friend's computer. The mobo fan psu fan dvd and hard drive are running. I get a quick flash of green on the keyboard but nothing else. I changed the cmos battery and I powered off, unplugged and pressed the power button to drain power and turned back on. Still no monitor, keyboard or mouse. HELP!

A:Computer running but no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse

check this out
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

there is a big old no post guide somewhere on this forum but im to sleepy to find it right now, maybe someone else can link it or I will tomorrow

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-but-no-monitor-no-keyboard-no-mouse.156121/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have lost all sound and there is the quot x quot next to my speaker icon on the bottom right I have read what other people have done here and none of the fixes have helped If I right click on the speaker icon I get the quot Would you like to enable Windows Audio quot message If I say yes I do NOT get an error It goes to the screens about my audio But my audio is obviously not working So I go to the Windows Audio in the Services section It Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop is on automatic but not running When I try to run it I get the message quot Windows could not start the Window Audio service on the local computer Error The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process quot I have looked at all of the dependent services Plug N Play Multimedia Class Scheduler Remote Procedure Call Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Those are Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop ALL automatic and Running I saw someone mention something about going to the Registry Editor to remove dependencies but I couldn t figure out the registry looked like lots of gobblegook to me but since all of my dependent processes are running just fine Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop I don t think that would be the answer anyway Any other ideas of what I can try Also All of my sound drivers are working properly and I have no error messages that I can find I am not sure if this is relevant Product Host Process for Windows Services Problem Windows Update installation problem Date AM Status Not Reported Description A Windows update did not install properly Sending the following information to Microsoft can help improve the software Problem signature Problem Event Name Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop WindowsUpdateFailure ClientVersion Win HResult UpdateId DA B A-FD E- EB - -FFC B EB Scenario Install SourceId Environment Unmanaged OS Version Locale ID There is one of these for every day for a week But the sound problem has only existed for days nbsp

A:Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop

I saw someone mention something about going to the Registry Editor to remove dependencies but I couldn't figure out the registry (looked like lots of gobblegook to me) but since all of my dependent processes are running just fine, I don't think that would be the answer anyway.Click to expand...

You're absolutely right. DON'T try modifying the registry for this problem. Is far more likely to do damage then any good

A few thoughts...

1. I'd first attempt to simply uninstall then reinstall your audio drivers. To uninstall, look in Ctrl Panel->Program and Features and look for your audio to uninstall. Locate the driver download from the vendor website for your computer to reinstall

2. If reinstalling doesn't solve it Also, take a look at Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

3. Tho I'll also mention that SOMETIMES malware can be what interferes with audio service and prevents it from running. I mention this to also keep in mind because you say Windows Update is also reporting errors. Both your audio and Windows update problem might due to malware.

In any case, try reinstalling first and post back with any results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-service-not-running-vista-toshiba-laptop.155858/