Windows Support Forum

[Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

Q: [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

have about a year Toshiba laptop and I right [Help] wont laptop on Windows my XP work am having [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop extreme trouble with it I am about to throw it out my third story window but I thought I [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop should post here to see if any if you guys could help It all started about a month ago when my computer was running very slowly and one day I got a message saying message saying windows have to shut down due to a critical error So it shut down and when I tried to reboot it said windows could not run because of a missing windows directory and to run the recovery console on the windows XP CD Well the problem was that I don t have the window XP CD just the Toshiba recovery CD which formats the drive and automatically installs windows XP Well so I tried using the Toshiba Recovery CD but kept on getting either a bad system partition error it installed but when I restarted all I got was a blank screen like no operating system was installed or that same windows directory error About after the th try of using the Toshiba recovery CD I got windows installed successfully However it ran very very very slow even at the boot up I managed to run ad aware and a virus scanner and it found spy ware and viruses on it even though it was a clean install That s not my main problem though every time my computer went to sleep automatically after hr or so and came back up it would show that same windows error Saying that windows could not start because the windows system config system directory is missing So I ran the recovery CD again and the same thing happens once I finally get windows installed it goes to sleep and never gets back up successfully This has been an endless process So I got a couple questions to ask in order to attempt to fix this before I throw the damn thing out the window Anyone ever heard of this problem and a solution of windows not starting up properly after it automatically goes to sleep How it is possible for me to still have spy ware and viruses after I format it with the Toshiba recovery CD My CPU usage fluctuates from about to constantly I assume this is because of the spy ware and virus s but I ran ad-aware and it said I had processes and process modules What exactly are process modules and what are other reasons for my CPU usage to be so high I am running off a local area university connection connecting with my USB port is it possible the virus s and spy ware on getting on through there after I run the Toshiba recovery console Is there any diagnostics software program that can tell me the condition of my hard drive ram etc can of like a benchmarking program That s about it for now if you have any idea how to get my laptop back to normal health please respond Also can you give some tips and any routine maintenance you perform to prevent from something like this happening Thanks for your help David nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

Instead of using the recovery cd, try to get a window xp cd from someone and do the clean installation again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-wont-work-right-on-my-laptop.338139/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hiya guys was hoping someone could help after i havnt been able to fix this About weeks ago my toshiba laptop running windows done an update which took a long time after it shut down and rebooted my login wouldnt work i cant remember what it said but it would either just sit at the logining in bit Windows 7 freezing, laptop login wont broken right work etc for ages or start up in a temp login I made Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc a new one and transfered files over ive left the old login there as im not sure ive copied everything Anyway since the updating thing the laptop freezes and runs ridiculously slow when i Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc start it up after an hour or so it starts to work fine again Another thing that happens as microsoft keeps flashing a notice saying it may be corrupted and to validate it so i do this legit check thing it tells me to but it doesnt fix anything and keeps asking me to do it Ive been through troubleshooters startup repair installed programs to look for issues viruses I just dont know what to try anymore Thanks Jess

A:Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried this How to Run the System File Checker (Sfc.exe) Offline in Windows 7 and Vista - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-laptop-wont-work-right-freezing-broken-login-etc-835769.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Got a second hand 40gb hard drive for my smasung vm7000 as the one its got is tiny. When inserted hard drive into lappy it comes up with disk read error press control alot del. However if put this in external closure works fine. This hd has win xp on it and still has some docs on it which the seller has asked me to copy to cd for him. Do I need to formatt and reload xp on it to work. Please help guys as am trying to give an aging laptop a new lease of life(and yes im upgrading the ram)

Relevancy 61.06%

A few days ago i had to reinstall my sound driver after updating windows and sometimes if i take out my speakers out of the speaker jack my speakers on the laptop wont work sometimes without shutting down my music program or it will be vise versa please help me out

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/207261-speakers-randomly-wont-work-sometimes-laptop-but-external-will-sometime-work.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi!
I have all my class assignments on a CD. Up until today, I have been able to open the CD on my laptop and access my files. Today, when I popped the CD in, there was nothing on it. I put the CD in my other computer, and it reads the CD fine. The only trouble is that computer does not have MS Office on it so opening the files on that computer is just as useless.
Should I restart my computer? (I don't remember seing any notifications that I got new updates)
Is my drive dirty? (if so, what is the best way to clean it?)
Thanks for any advice!

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop now at my friends that DOESNT WORK! Back in 2010 the laptop started to turn off randomly, but then about 6 months ago it just gave in and shut down randomly and wont turn on, like NOTHING HAPPENS. No lights, no screen, no sound, no ANYTHING! Power button does nothing, the bootloader doesn't show and the hard drives doesn't move. Please tell me as soon a posible! (I think the motherboard died) Spoiler (Highlight to read)Im not shure its the correct productIm not shure its the correct product  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-WORK-AT-ALL/td-p/5650532
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an acer travelmate 2450. I have upgraded the cpu to a 2 GHz dual core and 1.5 ram. I have recently got my hand on 2 1GB stick of ram. When i put them both in the computer wont boot. However when I put them in one at a time it does boot. What is the problem and why wont they both work at the same time? (THe max amount of ram on the motherboard is 2Gb so i am not going over the limit)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-ram-wont-work-help.703107/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Compaq Presario 1694 that I recently upgraded to 30 gig hard drive and 194 mg of RAM. I also installed Windows XP Professional and this worked great for about a week. Now I cant get it to boot. When I turn it on, the COMPAQ logo comes up and I hit F8. When I make a selection there, like run in SAFE MODE or Start Windows Normally the screen will freeze. Any ideas? This is my sons college p.o.s. computer and I need it to last a little bit longer! HELP!

A:Laptop wont work!

sounds to me like the hard-drive crapped out on you... try getting a new one on warentee and i also wouldnt put xp on a computer that old... try windows 2000

Matt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-wont-work-26074.html
Relevancy 56.33%

ok I have a Toshiba MK GSX GB SATA Laptop HDD which i have been wont laptop work told has failed I finally got a Sata Pata converter card only goes SATA TO laptop wont work PATA in an attempt to recover the data When i boot my desktop with my regular HDD PATA and the SATA HDD as the secondary it would detect that it was a Toshiba MK GSX but would not boot SO I plugged the primary HDD in on its own cable in pl and the SATA on its own cable in pl I then was able to boot The black screen at the boot showed the drive but when windows came up and I checked in MY COMPUTER XP the drive was not there So i then went to ADD NEW HARDWARE and there was no help ALSO I have a second PATA HDD that i use to store files so i know i can have more than Update i ordered BRAND NEW GB HDDs of the exact same type I ran the out-of-box-state restore and it installed Windows Vista and set the new HDD as if it was OoB When laptop restarted it got to the Windows loading screen and the SD card reader light came on with no card and would not progress I tried putting a card in and removing it and it then went to CONFIGURING WINDOWS FOR FIRST TIME USE Afterwards it restarted and got to the loading screen SD light came on and never progressed even after trying adding removing card hrs later no progress nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-work.749413/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop now at my friends that DOESNT WORK! Back in 2010 the laptop started to turn off randomly, but then about 6 months ago it just gave in and shut down randomly and wont turn on, like NOTHING HAPPENS. No lights, no screen, no sound, no ANYTHING! Power button does nothing, the bootloader doesn't show and the hard drives doesn't move. Please tell me as soon a posible!Spoiler (Highlight to read)Im not shure its the correct productIm not shure its the correct product 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-WORK/td-p/5650531
Relevancy 56.33%

I installed Windows 8 enterprise eval x64 as a windows to go setup.  Everything works fine except when I goto the store to download an app I get the "your purchase could not be completed" error.  When I try to check for updates it fails with
code 80070057, when I try to use the trouble shooting program i get the same error as the updates.  I'm running as an admin with my Microsoft account, I have tried a local account.  I have been searching all day.Like electronic music? www.thespanningtree.net

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ca56460-b1cc-40ce-8f97-4509ad96a083/windows-to-go-system-wont-update-wont-install-apps-and-troubleshooting-doesnt-work?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.33%

not sure if im in the right place
but computer wont do anything but load up with options to do system repair or whatever its called but it says it cant fix the problem i dont have disc for it or any pw's im on a reg user account it wont load in safe mode but by doing different things i have access to do various things but not sure what or how to lol i had issues before and got them fixed by using sites similar to this any help is appreciated

A:system repair wont work windows wont load

Might be a failing Hard drive. Get to your bios and see if there is any diagnostics there to do a hard drive test. On some motherboards its delete on others its F2. If there is no diagnostics on the bios i would make a USB bootable diagnostics and do that.
I just had the same problems and found out the hard way that it was a hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346617-system-repair-wont-work-windows-wont-load.html
Relevancy 56.33%

All of a sudden, I turn on my lap top (lenovo idea pad flex 10) and it takes forever to Load, then says windows 8 wont boot or something.
Takes me to a blue screen and I tries to system restore but that also won't load and go through. Help please?
I went to advanced options and pulled up the box you type **** in butI don't know what to put km it to make windows boot!

A:windows 8 wont boot and system restore wont work

You need to be much more specific about what your problem is. I can't tell at all from your post what's really happening, and neither will anybody else. What exactly happens? What exact messages do you get? What "advanced options" are you talking about? Also, it appears this site's profanity filter has blocked something in your post. Using such language is not helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wont-boot-and-system-restore-wont-work.1148418/
Relevancy 55.9%

I need help. I got fed up with XP so I changed OS back to 2000 on my laptop and my desktop. Now the cd-rw will not work, the pc's both recognize them as their respective titles of write-ables. But if you place a blank disc in both will not see the disc. Also there is no burning due to do burners available. I can still use the cd part to read from if the disc is formatted and has info. I updated the drives and still have no success. Please help.

Relevancy 55.9%

my hp laptop has a d/ drive for backup but when I try to back up files I get a backup failed notification

A:hp laptop d/ backup wont work

Hi patrick477,Welcome to the BC forums.Your d/ drive is probably set up for use as a recovery drive, as opposed to a place for backups.Look at START -> COMPUTER and a screen showing your various drives should pop up. Does it show Recover (D:)?Take a look at the HP Customer Care site here and see if it addresses your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378374/hp-laptop-d-backup-wont-work/
Relevancy 55.9%

The camera on my Laptop does not work and has never worked.  When i click on the "Camera App" from the start menu the app opens and says "to get started connect a camera".  When i try to use the camera online it wont open and doesnt detect there is one.  Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Camera-wont-work-on-Laptop/td-p/5641462
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently got a used laptop from someone and I wanted to store a fresh new Windows XP. I deleted everything off the hard drive and installed it. I then went to go on the internet and nothing happens. I go to comand prompt and type in..ipconfic/renew and all that stuff but its not reading anything. When I plug in the ethernet nothing pops up on the bottom right which it should do.
I would like it if anyone could help my situation.
THANKS

A:Internet Wont Work On Laptop

You probably need to install the chipset drivers. Specifically you need to install the ethernet chip driver. What make and model do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.91173/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey everyone,
So today my friend dropped his laptop and said that the computer wont work. So I took it in my hands. The laptop is a Acer 5532-5194. The problem is that when ever i boot the laptop, all the leds turn on ( the power led, the optical drive led) and even the optical drive can eject, but no display! Its just a black screen and nothing appears. I tried to boot it without the battery and just AC adaptor but that didn't make a difference. I swapped hard drives with my own laptop, that didn't work. Not sure what else to try and what the heck the problem is. I even plugged it into a external monitor seeing if that would do any good...NOPE, I was wrong. So could someone else tell me what I could do to fix it and what the problem may be?
Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

My friend has a laptop at home, he has Dial up connection, it works on the home PC but not his laptop. It was working but just stopped,

I took the Laptop into work and hooked it up to the wireless connection and the same thing happens. (No connection)

I think there might be a virus on this system stopping it from working.

Does anyone have any tips for stuff to check, Or any programs i can download, Burn to CD and run on his PC.

I was thinking Spybot Serach and destory and maybe Hi-jack this.

If anyone has any pointers please let me know

PS this laptop is running very slow..

thanks.

A:web wont work / slow laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/web-wont-work-slow-laptop-115706.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi again :)

This one is puzzling me alot :/ I cant seem to get the homegroup working between my desktop and my laptop (both running Windows 7 HE SP1). I create the homegroup with my desktop and used the password provided to connect to it on my laptop. It says they are connected. I can access my laptops libraries on my desktop, but if i try to use my laptop to access the desktops libraries i see this:

I have tried disabling the firewall (Avg) on both computers.. Id also like to add that the desktop computer does not always show up in the network.. it is very inconsistent.. I have no clue what is going on!
Any help?!?
Thanks
Labarr15

A:Laptop wont work with homegroup

Well start with what it lists there first. Particularity the network location. Also, if you have Windows firewall up try disabling it as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-work-with-homegroup-587693.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello

My mic wont work on my computer. I got an external mic and creative sb x-fi sound card. The mic worked perfect on my laptop (running win7) where it got recognized at once. When I plug it in on my soundcard i look at the sound settings I see " Microphone, creative sb x-fi, standardenhet". When i plugged it in on the laptop it said like" Microphone, external blablabal" I've downloaded the latest drivers , tested my mic in all plugs ( on the front of comp too) but nothin seems to work. In teh sound settings it never change from "Microphone, creative sb x-fi, standardenhet" when i connect mic. It's like it dont even recognize the mic.
what to do?
Ty for help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mic-wont-work-win-7-works-laptop.977844/
Relevancy 55.9%

the bottom half of my laptop does not work.. im typing with an on screen keyboard and a plug in mouse but here is the story.. it was thundering out and it was pretty bad so then the lights flickered, shutting down my xbox (i was playing that) and my computer was STILL plugged in so i think it might have fried something or loose wires.. this all was on like 6/24/2010... still messed up today, so.. any one know something that can be done?? besides taking it to best buy? it was an christmas gift and i took it in 1 time before for, it had an active worm virus in it so it is in good condition and its the whole keyboard spared all the ports.

A:keyboard wont work for laptop

It does sound like the storm damaged it. If it is still under warranty then take it back immediately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-wont-work-for-laptop-494211.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all, my laptop wont run, it comes up with a screen and it says power on and key. But other than this it wont do nothing. I cannot access anything and no button does anything. Is the computer locked? Is there a way i can fix this?

A:My laptop wont work properly

Of course yur laptop cannot run..becoz they don't have legs to run hehe..

Does it new Laptop or old laptop ? try to go to safe mode by pressing F8 see if it load..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-work-properly.459243/
Relevancy 55.47%

hey, here i have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo-pro v3405.
I recently installed vista home premium x86 on it, but after all drivers are installed. The only thing failing to start is my Intel 3945abg wireless network card.
I've checked the Unit list, petty I do not recall what it was called, anyway, it wont work. When I run diagnostics, all it says is, use the pre-made button to turn on your wireless network card. Guess what, I tried all the buttons for the wireless, but no. Won't work.
I did work fine in Xp though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wi-fi-card-in-laptop-wont-work-with-vista-401044.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new Dell laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 64-bit, Pentium(R) Dual core CPU T4200 @ 2.0GHz (2CPU's), 4096MB RAM. The graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

The main problem is that the Sims 3 game wont load on it. I put it in and I can hear it whizzing round however nothing happens and it doesnt recognise it. There are no error messages or anything.

I have used the game on a previous Dell laptop and it worked fine so the game is alright, also, I have played other games on my new laptop and its fine. On the other hand it doesnt recognise certain DVD's either. I thought the spec of my laptop was adequate for the Sims 3 but I could be wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

A:Sims 3 wont work on new Dell laptop

What happens when you double-click on the DVD drive letter in Computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-3-wont-work-on-new-dell-laptop.896845/
Relevancy 55.47%

I used to have a laptop connected with wireless (netgear WG511) through a router (D-link) to my main computer with the internet.

Yesterday I got a new laptop, upgrading from an IBM r40 to an r52, and was wondering how to get the wireless network working again. The r52 appears to have a wireless card built in, and can find networks, as it can find my neighbours one (but cant connect)

I tried installing the Netgear external wireless card, but that didnt do anything except make a new network connection, which also didnt work.

If there is any other information thats needed, please let me know cos I really dont have much idea at all...

Both computers run Windows XP

Cheers

Relevancy 55.47%

i have an hp laptop dv6915nr. restore disks stop at 23% with error 0x400110020000100b if problem continues please contact customer support, witch i did. it seems some how i deleted info on the hard drive for the disks to install. hp will not tell me how to fix this. they want me to send it in for repair at 400$ or a new hard drive at 200$. i can install xp or vista but the drivers will not install and nothing works. ie wireless internet ethernet card. can not connect to internet. can anybody tell me how i can get my recovery disks to work?

thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

Can someone help me please I have been trying to use the Copyright ansi code for some of my pictures and I cant get it to work on my laptop.
Hp Pavilion zv6000

A:Ansi codes wont work on Laptop

Welcome!

Do you want to have the symbol appear (The ASCII Copyright symbol)?

If so it is ALT+0169
However it only works on the number pad, not the top row of number keys below the Function keys.

Try enabling the Numlock and using the embedded alternate number keys in the main keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ansi-codes-wont-work-on-laptop.576076/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi, i accidently dropped averatec laptop...now when starting it up it goes straight to the save mode screen then starts the windows xp logo while the bar is moving and get stuck there for couple minutes then restarts the laptop over again..it doesnt even get to my log on screen...anyone know what i can do to fix this issue??thanks!

Relevancy 55.47%

Dell inspiron 1470

The main problem is that the Sims 3 game wont load on it. I put it in and I can hear it whizzing round however nothing happens and it doesnt recognise it. There are no error messages or anything.

A:Sims 3 wont work on Dell Laptop

Can you access the disc through manually through My Computer? If not, then I would try the disc on another computer. If it doesn't work there, it's possibly a bad disc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-3-wont-work-on-dell-laptop.995930/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok i have a dell latitude c wont speakers My do work headphones (laptop) laptop When i go to device manager and check sound video and game controllers and press the sign the following things come down -AUDIO CODECS -AUDIO CODECS -INTEL R AC AUDIO CONTROLLER-SIGMATEL CODEC -LEGACY AUDIO DRIVERS -LEGACY VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE -MEDIA CONTROL DEVICES -VIDEO CODECS I did the basic things going to audio control and un-mute everything and put it on full and then checked my laptop for volume button there was none except for a keyboard command to adjust volume i set it to high There is nothing wrong with the sound card no yellow exlamation mark Speakers worked till weeks ago System restore is not a option Im working on a windows xp pro No driver Cd and not a funtional CD DRIVE on the laptp anyway The speakers seem to work when i enter system restore it makes a loud beep noise so im guessing the speakers are still working Any tips Fix and help will be appreciated IF I HAVE TO CHANGE My speakers wont work (laptop) headphones do THE SOUND CARD DRIVER CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME A LINK IM NOT GREAT WHEN IT COMES TO DRIVERS TY LAST THING IF I HAVE TO RE SOILTER SOME My speakers wont work (laptop) headphones do WIRE OF THE SPEAKRS INSIDE CAN SOME DRAW ME A GUIDE SO I KNOW WHAT IM DOING TY APPRECIATED nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-speakers-wont-work-laptop-headphones-do.656174/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 and the CD drive wont read CDs... it reads like 1/60 CDs but it Reads DVDs ok. It gets errors in the middle of burning and its pissing me off cause I cant boot my live versions of linux now any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cd-drive-wont-work-properly.318307/
Relevancy 55.47%

So as the title says the keys on the top of my laptop Under the F Numbers Laptop Keyboard work wont on keys don t work in the sense that they give a jumble of symbols more than one number rather than what it should So from left to right finishing at the backspace this is what i get What you should normally get is on the left and what i got is on the right Doesn t give any number it just opens a new tab in the browser - - - With Shift amp amp amp - Sometimes it works alright and other Numbers on Laptop Keyboard wont work times this is what happens Though this is the longest period of time that it has been messed up for Also all the other keys work fine System Specs Also i Numbers on Laptop Keyboard wont work haven t spilt anything really on there I did spray my keyboard with some disinfectant a few times to clean it and stuff but other than that no copious amounts of liquid Please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/numbers-on-laptop-keyboard-wont-work.1048830/
Relevancy 54.61%

ok my laptop screen is broken and i cant get my monitor to work it was working before but i desided to change my boot mode in msconfig when to safe boot and checked network is there a way to back out of this with out seeing what im doing i posted something like this before but instead of helping me they put me in a catagory that doesint do this 

A:laptop with broken screen second screem wont work help

This is a tough one due to your laptop screen not working and most integrated laptop graphics cards wont be able to push signal to a secondary screen when in safe mode. The best thing you can do is fix the issue with the laptop screen so you can see what you are doing. What exactly is wrong with the laptop screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551335/laptop-with-broken-screen-second-screem-wont-work-help/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just installed Windows 7 on my mac laptop and when i try to do the SAME EXACT thing on my imac it turns black and says 1. 2. press boot options and it wont work.

can somebody please tell me what is going on? They are on the exact same OS, it makes no since why 1 would work and the other not?

A:Installed W7 on laptop, worked. Now iMac wont work?

your trying to install the x64 version right? the 32 bit version doesnt do this, and there is a fix for the x64 version that requires you to edit a bunch of files. Sorry I don't have the info but its do-able but I just went 32 bit since the iMac can only use 4 gigs RAM anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/7273-installed-w7-laptop-worked-now-imac-wont-work.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am running a HP L2000 special edition windows XP. My touch pad works fine; I think it is sp/2. My optical mouse from Targus is old and was working until today. I am searching for a driver update but so far nothing seems to be working. Optic is fine. Love the mouse. It has a scroll wheel on top with rt and lft buttons; s/n B0508039183. I do not know if you call that a wheel ( I thought wheel was on bottom). there is nothing but light coming out of the bottom. anyway, I know it is an HID device that may not need a driver per se; but the microsoft windows HID upgrade is not working. I paid for (cough) driver tool, driver navigator etc and went to the hewlett packard site where it suggested I download another drivertool - then I realized I shouldnt keep paying.

Can anyone help me get this old mouse continue working?

A:targus optical mouse wont work on hp laptop xp

Hello -Is THIS your model and the drivers you are looking for - Place your pointer over each one, and see if they match yours -Thank You - EDIT - Will your XP version update to SP3 or not ?? To check your SP - Go > Start > Right click on My Computer >Properties and it will show Version and Service Pack -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449901/targus-optical-mouse-wont-work-on-hp-laptop-xp/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All. My friend is in a predicament she went to her laptop and the internet wont connect. She used it last night. She has a Gateway Laptop with windows 7, 64 bit.

Please help!!!!

Relevancy 54.61%

my seagate momentus xt 2.5 won't work in my gateway dx4822 desktop. The fan just spins for a second & the desktop computer won't turn on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hybrid-laptop-harddrive-wont-work-in-desktop.1164261/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've had an external monitor hooked up to my laptop for ages, showing duplicate screen
--same screen as laptop. Now suddently it went blank, The monitor works fine.

How do I get it to show the laptop screen again. I went to control pannel and display and properties and it seems to be monitor 2. If I click the extend desktop box, I get my screensaver on the external but nothing else-- it doesn't change when my laptop display does.

I could really use the monitor back. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 54.61%

I have an 'Icon' laptop which I baught in Tesco. Windows XP. I then purchaced a 19" LCD
Screen from LIDL. I wanted to watch my laptop on the large screen, but it does'nt show me what is on my laptop I have to drag the page to the screen. I tried it with an old computer and it worked perfectly that was because It replaced the monitor which is not possible with a laptop. can anybody help or can anybody tell me if it just doesnt work with a laptop.

Many thanks.

A:New 19"wide screen wont work with laptop

See if this helps:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3121_7-5021307-1.html
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-19-wide-screen-wont-work-with-laptop.643686/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi can any one help I cant hear any sound on my laptop its all turned up but when I conect it to my tv the volumes fine but soon as I disconnet from the tv the sound ont go.

A:Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-wont-work-on-asus-x53u-laptop.204577/
Relevancy 54.61%

So I purchased this really fly looking red an black computer with touchscreen I was so excited to use it I used it for schoolwork for about a month or so One day I turned it on and after boot up a message came on the screen saying Please I IT sad WORK face) (super MY LAPTOP, WANNA WONT USE BUT wait while we update your computer Do not turn computer off So I left it alone to do its thing and used my other laptop i later checked the computer and the log in screen was up so I assumed it was done updating I log in and waited only to be greeted with a black screen with a flashing cursor So I waited some more thinking maybe it wasnt done I WANNA USE MY LAPTOP, BUT IT WONT WORK (super sad face) doing its thing NOTHING So I went online and GOOGLED the issue I was having I performed a hard reset and another reset NOTHING Still same black screen with flashing cursor When I turn the computer off it always boots up to the log in screen but then after that NOTHING I'm so upset I called HP and they told me to send it in because it may be an hardware issue that needs to be fixed but before I do that I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and were able to fix it This computer is less than months old and has not had much usage SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I I WANNA USE MY LAPTOP, BUT IT WONT WORK (super sad face) WANNA USE MY COMPUTER

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-WANNA-USE-MY-LAPTOP-BUT-IT-WONT-WORK-super-sad-face/td-p/5664500
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

A few days ago my laptop became so slow it practically cant be used.. so i have tried to system restore from a number of points however i keep getting the message :
System Restore failed to extract the file
(E:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\System.Xml\56af718db5fe3b6 from the restore point.
The restore point was damaged or deleted during the restore.

It goes on to say I can try using different restore points which ive already tried without success.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Laptop so slow its unusable.. sys restore wont work

You may find some guidance here: How To Use SFC Scannow to Repair Windows System Files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-so-slow-its-unusable-sys-restore-wont-work-807193.html
Relevancy 54.18%

when i plug earphone the sound keeps coming out of speakers not through earphones. my pc has windows 10.i tried every trick on this forum .pls help

A:headphones wont work on brand new laptop.speaker is fine

Hello @tareya, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the issue with the headphones, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products In the meantime, have you tried connecting the headphones into other devices, just to verify that they are working properly?  Are you audio drivers up to date?  Have you tried checking the settings to make sure that the headphones are set as the default device?  You can review the following document for more assistance with that information: HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 8) Please post back with the results.  Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great weekend!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/headphones-wont-work-on-brand-new-laptop-speaker-is-fine/td-p/5601744
Relevancy 54.18%

hi i just got a new laptop today im using steam it says i need to download flash player ive installed it looked it up on add and remove programs but i cant use it and it wont run please help

A:Adobe flash player wont work on my new dell xps 15 laptop

Hi Rambo,

Did you ever find the Flash Player in the Add/Remove programs view?
Please uninstall the Flash player, reboot the machine, then download and reinstall it again.

Is it steam that isn't recognizing the Flash Plugin? Because the Flash plugin is only really used in the Browser-view of steam and shouldn't affect it's functionality in any other way.

If both are installed and problem persists after reboot, also Repair steam from Add/Remove programs after Flash has been installed, to make sure that Steam knows it's installed from the start.

Otherwise get back to us with more information, what error codes you get, where it won't load etc etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adobe-flash-player-wont-work-on-my-new-dell-xps-15-laptop-595710.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop is an Optima Centoris v662 and i recently had Microsoft service pack 3 installed over windows vista. ever since i did, my wireless radio turned off and the switches (fn f10 and the seperate switch just above the keyboard) wont work. my wireless card is a intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945AGB but i dont think that is the problem. Nothing i do helps fix the problem. anyone got advice?

A:My wireless radio switches wont work on my optima laptop

Microsoft service pack 3 - for what - is this a Vista Service Pack or Office Service Pack (I'm not an expert at all the latest releases - and cant find a Vista Sp3 - office 2003 SP3 - but that was released in 2007 i think )

try a restore to before service pack 3 and see if that now allows the switch to work
start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-radio-switches-wont-work-on-my-optima-laptop.986760/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have got a acer aspire laptop with vista home premium the problem i have is that the wireless facility used to work perfectly then i had a a couple of Windows Updates to download and then the next day the wireless never worked The laptop wont let me connect to the work - wont 5630 aspire acer laptop wireless net I have exhausted everything with Netgear about my Router and it is definately not my Router I can access the net via a ethernet cable connected to my router via my laptop There is a cable from my modem to my router and every thing runs like a dream Until i disconnect cable from laptop and try to connect to my network The Network says connected acer aspire 5630 laptop - wireless wont work but with limited access The Windows Network Diagnostics window appears saying quot The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection is not correctly configured to use the IP protocol I have tried the Manage Network connections route but to no avail The window which comes up says quot network adapter Intel R PRO Wireless abg Network Connection quot is experiencing driver or hardware related issues quot I have gone on my Driver and looked for updates but the system says that it is up to date The other message that appears is quot make sure your Internet Protocol Bindings are correct quot Again i have gone on these properties and made sure IPv and IPv boxes are checked I am really hacked off now because these support helplines dont come cheap and i have just been told ACER charge p a minute and i will probably be on the phone for an hour if i phone them Please be my saviour and restore order in my house Cheers Hutcho nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

So, we have multiple computers that the wireless capability stops working randomly and can be fixed by going in to the BIOS and resetting it to the defaults.

Any idea why?

Relevancy 54.18%

None of my games will work wont - changed work- system work wont restore reg games I took some advice of a forum because I couldnt get Perfect World to work and changed something in the registry to do with the port Now no game will work and i would change it back but i dont know what it was previously My system restores wont changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work work wont even undo and theres only one days worth there now I dont know how to do a utilities reg scan which I think may be what I need to do I dont know if its in my pc or on my XP disk I cant use the disk because I dont changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work know how to find my product code and the person I bought it off has gone to Cyprus I ve done a Drwebcureit but really I need instructions for a year old and I think this has happened since my last one I had a Win Trojan in the other day and Vundo got rid of it I think maybe its got something to do with that maybe its still lurking around Ive done a Combofix amd this was at the top - WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED If anyone can help me you would save my life its driving me mad now x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-reg-games-wont-work-system-restore-wont-work.674522/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi, i am pc technician and i have a weird problem

the keys on this latop dont display what the should, so 4rm letters UJN the rest on the right display numbers and wrong letters. I thought to my self hmm must have spilt summit on it, but sthe owner said she didnt. so i have ran a virus scan on her pc, and its totally clean. i then plugged a usb keyboard into the laptop, the keys worked fine on the usb keyboard, AND were fine on the laptop, but as u can imagine things wernt that simple and as i took the usb keyboard out, the laptop went back to GAY mode.

any one else got any suggestions??? am lost

A:laptop keybpard letters wont work/only half keyboardw works HELP!!!

sounds like an internal cable or connection issue between the keyboard and board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keybpard-letters-wont-work-only-half-keyboardw-works-help.47262/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an HP G72 laptop running windows 7 home premium. yesterday when i was on the computer all of a sudden screen turned white and the only button that would work was power button. i held it down and shut off computer. when i turned it back on it goes through the usual boot process up to where i have to enter password for user profile. when i hit enter it will start showing my desktop icons like normal and then just go blank again. when i try to boot in safe mode it goes through the same process except when it starts displaying desktop icons it stops and automatically shuts back down and trys to boot up again in normal mode. if i try to restore it back to a restore point it says there are none available. Any input on what might be causing these problems will be greatly appreciated.

A:laptop boots to blank screen, safe mode wont work

You HDD may be failing. On another computer download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the drive. If either tests fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-boots-to-blank-screen-safe-mode-wont-work-703944.html
Relevancy 52.89%

is there a driver that will work with vista for my modem?

A:my dell 1150 laptop was changed from xp to vista my dialup modem wont work

Er.... what is the make an model of this modem?

A little history regarding your problem wouldn't hurt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485301/my-dell-1150-laptop-was-changed-from-xp-to-vista-my-dialup-modem-wont-work/
Relevancy 52.89%

My Dell Inspiron Laptop which runs on Windows Vista will not start properly, the screen will go black after loading, this is before i can get to the log on stage. There is only a cursor which i can move.

I then started Startup Repair and it performed the checks, but my computer still wouldn't start. I then tried System Restore which didn't have a backup. I clicked the link to create a backup, but it said 'Your computer is running in a limited diagnostic state'. I have tried running the Windows Vista disk and it doesn't change anything. I have tried every method I know of, but I cannot get my computer working. Is there any other way, if you know please help me.

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop wont start and System Restore doesn't work

One last thing you can try is to press F8 while booting and on the next menu, select the 'Last Known Good' option

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-laptop-wont-start-and-system-restore-doesnt-work.956467/
Relevancy 52.89%

Right, so my laptop turns on and the Acer splash screen appears - all good. Thdn there is a black screen with a flashing cursor... then the screen dies, and I'm back to sqaure one.

I'm fairly new with computers, but I've looked on about 7 websites on how to troubleshoot this infinite reboot problem. Each website directed me toward Advanced Boot Options, okay fine... only problem is that when I press F8 for advanced boot options, my laptop just goes back on it's infinite reboot track.

So far I've tried reseting the CMOS... which is the only thing I can do, courtesy of Acer and their ****** computers. Please help :(.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keeps-restarting-after-turning-power-on-and-advanced-boot-options-wont-work-649358.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

Im trying to share my intenet from my PC to my PS3.
I have it hooked up with a crossover cable and all the settings set up how I think they need to be:

The connection I'm sharing:
http://prntscr.com/2cd1nn

The LAN connection to the PS3:
http://prntscr.com/2cd20p

Those are the IPV4 settings.

The network status says there is Internet Access (IPV4) but when I do a connection test on the PS3 it just fails.
If you need any more information, just tell me. Thanks!

A:Windows 7 ICS wont work with PS3

Disable ICS; change the ethernet connection to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto'; enable ICS. That should set things properly. I don't know how it got so messed up, but those three steps should clear it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-ics-wont-work-with-ps3.1115605/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey i m new to the forums so hello There s basically two problems I have with my computer firstly and most pressing is that my windows XP home edition refuses to boot My computer takes an age to boot up then eventually just goes to a black screen where usually the windows page would load If i tilt the screen I can see the windows loading screen very faintly on the black screen as if it was about to load and then stopped I ve tried booting my computer in safe mode which just caused a list of file names to appear rappidly then it crashes and i ve tried booting it in the last known working settings XP wont work Windows in which i m just faced with the same black screen I ve even tried just turning it off at the wall and leaving it alone in the hope the rest might do it good yeh i m a bit computer illeteriate Windows XP wont work I dont have the windows XP disc to hand either Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Obvously thats my most pressing problem but I also have an ongoing problem which I thought I might as well mention in case its connected Sometimes my computer continually fails to turn on it starts to boot up and then just fails and turns itself back off then when its off a two Windows XP wont work tone siren type noise comes out of the hard drive untill I turn the hard drive off at the back I can sometimes do this or times before my computer boots up and after that it usually works fine Somebody suggested it may be a fan error so I took the case off the hardrive there wasnt much dust but I cleaned out all their was and the fan seemes to be working fine nothing is impairing it s movement The more I talk about it the more it sounds like my computer may be terminal which I really hope isnt the case so yeh st problem most pressing nd problem if its relevant or you can be bothered helping sorry for the length of the post cheers nbsp

A:Windows XP wont work

What is Ur PC configuration. Is PC loaded Desktop..? or remains as black screen.?
That problem is happen recently or it's normally regally.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-work.794230/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi I getting a RunDLL error when trying to get on internet explorer with my acer aspire. Running windows7 and cant get on internet it says-There was a problem starting C:\Windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl The operating system cannot run%1. I have tried restoring to an earlier date but didnt help. thanks in advance for your help and happy to join this forum.

A:windows 7 wont work

Hi, Welcome.

Try this
>Close all open IE
>Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On and OFF > Uncheck Internet Explorer 9 > Don't for get to click OK
>Put check again then OK
>Relaunch IE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-work.1085695/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi My windows xp wont boot up after it restarted suddenly when I was talking to some friends on aim I tried to use alst known good config start windows normally all of the safe mode options they all either cause my Xp Xp wont & work Win Cd Windows computer to restart or it freezes the moment windows xp professional starts to load So Windows Xp & Win Xp Cd wont work i decided to try to Windows Xp & Win Xp Cd wont work boot from xp professional cd it works until I get to either install xp or repair i tried to use repair it freezes up when its about to check my hd when i try to use install new xp it freezes up when it s about to check my hd My hard drive is gb western digital SATA The hard drive and most of my computer parts are brand new from newegg about a month Could someone tell me if this is a hard drive defect or a windows xp defect I also tried to boot from floppy using an ms-dos bootup floppy and the floppy setup for windows xp but my computer wont even boot up from floppy even though i set floppy as primary boot device Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys
Just bought a new PC today. With windows XP installed.This Is the computer specification, Just Incase you need to know!

AMD Sempron 3000+ Processor

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

512MB DDR RAM

80GB Hard Disk Drive

Dual Layer DVD ReWriter Drive

256MB ATI Radeon X200 Express Graphics

9-In-1 Media Card Reader

7 USB Connections

4 PCI Slots

17" TFT Flat Panel Monitor

I bought it home, Plugged it in, started first time. Well the Windows XP logo came up and said loading. Then a message.

"Windows Is unable to start because the registry could not be updated. To address this problem, Please contact your computer manufacturor"

Hmm. What does this mean?

Ive looked and searched on this. No luck. Ive been on the Compaq website. No luck. Ive searched Google. No luck.

If I cant get this solved soon, I will take it back to the store where I bought it!

Please help.

Cheers!

Pete

Relevancy 50.31%

i have intel 2.66ghz quad core (x64), 4gb of ram, 1tb of hd and 9500gt graphics card
in this pc win vista or xp works fine
but win7 dont seem to work
when i install it, it installs smoothly till the part where it asks for username, date and time
after that the pc restarts and dosent boot
after the bios screen appears, the screen goes blank and there is a blinking cursor only
also the caps lock or num lock of keyboard dosen't work
please help me with this

A:windows 7 wont work in my PC

Do you have more than one harddrive in your system? If so, check in the BIOS and see if the one with Windows 7 installed on it is set as the first in boot priority.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/50138-windows-7-wont-work-my-pc.html
Relevancy 49.88%

ive recently posted a qustion about my computer and found out i had a bad stick of ram, i still have 1-4gb stick in there thats gud becuse the other was bad for some reson. i am now having problems with error message code 80072f8f when trying to install updates. i have tryed everything to chage time and even sync it with nato time but it still has a error, when i online it just says verifacation error to oven on somthing as simple as facebook. NOTE: i had a service pack 3 on this but now it says i only have a service pack 2 and i cant try to update it becuse of this problem. can you please help and give advice?

A:windows update wont work

If you have Windows Vista there is not SP3 for Vista yet only SP2. Where did you get your copy of Windows Vista?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-wont-work-633776.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, Avg recently removed a virus and upon removal windows explorer will not open, It will in safe mode but not in normal mode. I really want to avoid a full recovery. As i have about 22 gigs of music and about a gig of personal writing files. I could transfer them to another hard drive but that would be a major headache. Here are the error details.

Appname: explorer.exe Appver:6.0.2900.2180 Modname: shell32.dll
Modver:6.0.2900.2951 Offset: 0015fca2

A:Windows explorer wont work

You might have to remove the hard drive from this computer and install it in another computer as a slave drive and after it is able to be accessed by Windows on that computer you will have to manually backup all of your important data that you have to another media like CD-R's, DVD or Thumb drive. Then when this is done return it to the original computer as a master drive on the primary IDE cable and do the following:

REGISTRY WARNING: The details that follow require an above-average understanding of the technical topics involved. If you do not understand the Registry material presented here, either find a technically-knowledgeable friend or do not attempt to repair your system Registry yourself. Improper changes in the System Registry can render all data on your hard disk inaccessible.

I hope you have the Windows software for this machine. Please give this a try and print it out for reference

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/917964

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install = http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Here is a link to a registry backup program that is absolutely fantastic it is called ERUNT

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Remember to always keep a backup of two things:

Your registry and your data. You will never be sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-wont-work.514482/
Relevancy 49.88%

When i log into my windows xp pro a message pops up saying that windows has recovered from a serious error so i click close because there is nothing else i can do with that window...but it keeps popping up when i close it and within atleast 5-10mins it will log me off and shut down.

It doesn't completely shut down though it goes to some blue screen saying Windows has shut down to keep your computer from being harmed or from losing memory something like that i cant really remember. On the bottom of that message theres is 2 paragraphs. Can anyone help me with this problem ?

A:Windows Wont Work Properly

Try disabling the automatically restart on system failure feature. Then you are able to read what messages appear on the blue screen and post that back here for some one to lol at.
Click Start Button

On the Start Menu click Control Panel

When the Control Panel window opens click on the System icon

The system properties window opens

Click the Advanced tab

In the Advanced tab window locate the Start and Recovery section and press the Settings button

When the settings window opens look for the System failure section

Remove the check mark from the Automatically Restart option

Click OK to Exit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79717/windows-wont-work-properly/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok during the install my HDTV went blank on me. I figured out i had to switch to an actual monitor....Ok so even after the install it still wont work on my HDTV. The VGA worked fine with Vista. Then i install windows 7 and BOOM!.......any suggestions?

A:HDTV wont work with windows 7?!?!

You are connecting via VGA? If your connectors permit, connect via DVI. My monitor also has HDMI. but won't work via a DVI-HDMI cable. I guess that is only for a video card that has an HDMI output. Another possibility is S-Video, if both the video card and HDTV are equipped with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54864-hdtv-wont-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Y'all,

I downloaded some extra gadgets from microsoft website in addition to what I already had on my laptop and ever since the windows gadgets isnt working at all.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can be of immense help to.

The operating system is window 7 (Ultimate), service pack 1.

Cheers

A:windows gadgets wont work

Hi lilnana and welcome to TSF.

It could well be a corrupt user profile, but before we have to go through creating a new one and copying over the programs as well, lets try a few things.

1] Have you tried re-booting after you installed the extra gadgets?
2] What anti-virus do you have running? Have you tried disabling it?
3] The gadgets that you downloaded from the MS site, were they made for Vista or Windows 7?
4] Were the gadget you installed made for a 32bit OS or a 64bit OS? (What are you running?
5] Have you tried removing one-by-one the newest gadgets to see which one is causing an issue?

Can you give us a direct link to the gadget (a link for each one) that you downloaded.

Quote:

Some gadgets are optimized for Windows Vista and might not provide the same experience if installed on Windows 7. Some gadgets (such as those using High DPI) only work on computers running Windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-gadgets-wont-work-572912.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have windows XP professional and I keep my computer updated and there are two updates that I install but somehow it keeps telling me that I need to install then. What I mean is I install them then like 5 min later the icon for windows updates comes up and its the same updates. They are
MSXML 4.0 SP2 security update 925672
MSXML 4.0 SP2 security update KB927978

A:Two windows undates wont work

anyone?? anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-windows-undates-wont-work.537591/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have windows xp and it says I am missing file msimg32, however I can find the file in a search. I tried to put windows reinstall cd, and typed sfc /scannow in Run. The scan starts but then stops and stalls and mouse freezes off and on after about 5% done...Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Re-install CD for Windows XP...wont work

have you got original xp disk ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-install-cd-for-windows-xp-wont-work.148880/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi need some help here. My friend has tried to get her windows mail working she called Charter, and she called Microsoft and still can not get it up and running.

She has a business and needs a email program that will hold folders etc.

Do you have any ideas as to why we can not get this program to work??

Thanks for any help you might offer.

A:Windows mail wont work HELP!!

Welcome
A better explanation of the exact problem would be helpful. Has she tried other email clients; eg Thunderbird etc?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/291751-windows-mail-wont-work-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I had a bunch of spyware and stuff but got rid of most of it but whenever I try to run Windows update it says this service is not running reboot.

Relevancy 49.88%

windows update fails all the time. i get code 80070308 and code 8007007A
I have done all the diagnostics tool but still wont work.
can you help? thankyou

Edit:  Deleted content because the link was no longer valid.

Look in post #7 for the proper suggestion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547101/windows-update-wont-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi all first time poster recently decided to treat myself to Battlefield as the first one gave me so much joy got the EA classics complete collection battlefield inclu special forces euro force amp armored fury first tried installing everything in one go as it s all Battlefield work Windows 2 Wont on 7 on one DVD it said it failed to install patch halfway through but carried on to complete installation which was then followed later in the installation with the error message quot Battlefield Euro Booster Pack requires version or later to be installed first quot and the same error for the Armored Fury booster pack requiring version finished the installation in the end then i went to load the game but i got a blank screen which hid this error message Error mods bf shaders lightning fx not found DO check your working directory AND sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer GP really I tried unzipping the shaders from Shaders client zip file within the BF installed folder to put in the shaders folder which someone recommended but this only led me to this message directX c of greater is required please install directX c bit strange I thought as im on windows with directX tried to narrow down the problem by just installing BF only without the extras or patches still get Battlefield 2 Wont work on Windows 7 the directX error tried installing the v patch on the disc but that keeps failing with the very helpful message quot patch failed quot and claiming afterwards that the installation is complete i ve also tried completly uninstalling cleaning the registry and reinstalling which some people recommend but still doesn t work sorry if this has been solved somewhere in the forums I did try to look through the battlefield listings but couldn t find one which could help me My Computer Specs are HP Pavilion a uk Processor Intel Core Duo CPU E Ram GB OS Windows -bit GFX Card NVIDIA GeForce nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battlefield-2-wont-work-on-windows-7.880963/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have upgraded to windows 10 and now my DVD is blocked.

A:I have upgraded to windows 10 and now my DVD wont work has b...

Hi, Try following the procedure under the sub-heading Resolution 5 - create a registry subkey on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-upgraded-to-windows-10-and-now-my-DVD-wont-work-has/td-p/5607687
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a windows 8 computer and I have been having problems connecting to the internet. I have been searching for ways to fix the problem but I have not been able to find any solution. Basicly what is happening is I connect to the wifi and it says I am connected, after that I try to open google but it does not work it says that I am not connected to the internet. Also something weird is I can connect to skype fine, I can log in and talk to my friends and so on.
(I have tried doing ipconfig /release and stuff like that)
Please help me fix this problem
Thanks.
-Matthew

A:Windows 8| Wifi wont work

Is it just google you are having problems with? Or is it anything on the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wifi-wont-work.1104448/
Relevancy 49.88%

Im running windows XP home SP2 and a while back I ran a spyware scan with Spyware doctor, fixed a heap of infections and after that my firewall wont work. I try to enable it in windows security center but still no cigar.

Ive downloaded Zone Alarm in its place for the meantime is that ok?

Any takers?

A:Windows Firewall wont work

Quote:

Originally Posted by anubis250

Ive downloaded Zone Alarm in its place for the meantime is that ok?

Yes, Zone alarm is a better firewall, it stops traffic both ways while XP firewall only stops incoming traffic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-firewall-wont-work-110790.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I get this message when attempting to update windows Windows update cannot currently check for update work. Windows wont updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer Files requested Windows update wont work. are attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by dad at on Windows update wont work. - - Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar Preserve uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp Windows update wont work. client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd mStart Page hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO F -DC - -A C- F D C - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No File BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll TB BF - F - - - FE E AA - No File TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun MobileDocuments c program files common files apple internet services ubd exe uRun IE Privacy Keeper quot e ie privacy keeper IEPrivacyKeeper exe quot -startup uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil g ActiveX exe -update activex mRun Windows Mobile-based device management rem c windows windowsmobile wmdSync exe mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mRun NMSSupport quot c program files common files intel inteldh nms support IntelHCTAgent exe quot startup mRun mcui exe quot c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe quot runkey mRun iTunesHelper quot e program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun ISUSPM Startup rem c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe -startup mRun iolo Startup quot c program files iolo common lib ioloLManager exe quot mRun IAAnotif quot c program files intel intel matrix storage manager Iaanotif exe quot mRun CCUTRAYICON c program files intel inteldh ccu CCU TrayIcon exe mRun APSDaemon quot c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun VX c windows vVX exe mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe StartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files logitech setpoint SetPoint exe uPolicies-explorer NoResolveTrack x mPolicies-explorer BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage x mPolicies-explorer NoResolveTrack x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL LSP mswsock dll Trusted Zone internet Trusted Zone intuit com ttlc Trusted Zone mcafee com DPF Garmin Communicator Plug-In - hxxps static garmincdn com gcp ie GarminAxControl CAB DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file C Windows Java classes xmldso cab DPF vzTCPConfig - hxxp my verizon com micro speedoptimizer fios vzTCPConfig CAB DPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com sites production ieawsdc cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-update-wont-work-655885.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Yeah, so i have a computer running XP and windows 7 but on windows 7 it wont let me connect to the internet. Something about a problem with the network card, but there's nothing wrong with it since I can use the internet on my other os on the same comp. any ideas?
specs:
Processor:
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-CM
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory:
3072MB RAM
Hard Drive:
500 GB Seagate
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
Integrated
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
(2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090206-1233)

A:Only Windows 7 Internet Wont Work

So i was looking around other forums and i saw that anti-virus programs can cause problems with the internet, i uninstalled BitDefender (anti-virus) program and once again my internet started working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13482-only-windows-7-internet-wont-work.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I can not log off or shutdown windows xp when people are in there setting when i try it just sits there i have to go to switch user go to the log in screen and then turn off from there is there anyway for this to work again?

A:windows xp log out button wont work

Take a look at this article from Microsoft to see if this answers your question.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q279765

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-log-out-button-wont-work.93094/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
I get this message when attempting to update windows
Windows update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.
I have done multiple malware scans(spybot, malwarebytes etc) with nothing found, BITS is not listed in processes and anything remotely associated with update i have running i think.I tried to uninstall SP2 and was going to resinstall but it failed.
The other odd thing is at the bottom of the update screen it now says find out about free software from (null). Ive googled this online and so far havent found any help.
Thanks in advance for any help!!

A:Windows Up date wont work

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-up-date-wont-work-655611.html
Relevancy 49.88%

whenever i update windows wont work click on my windows update button my browser opens up and then it redirects to the msn homepage and when i try start the service i get the error message can some one help me please here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C windows update wont work WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM windows update wont work exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Linksys WUSB WUSB exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL windows update wont work http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run PAC Monitor C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe O - HKLM Run Monitor C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run C WINDOWS system kduxx exe C WINDOWS system kduxx exe O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run c b a rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system jgxpmray dll quot b O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe O - Startup Stardock ObjectDock lnk C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup Wireless Network Monitor lnk C Program Files Linksys WUSB WUSB exe O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddLink htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddVideo htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Web traffic protection statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button HP Clipbook - ECB - F - cb-A - ABF E - C Program Files HP Smart Web Pr... Read more

Hi, welcome to TSF!

Before we start, please follow the instructions in the following thread then post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-update-wont-work-314365.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i caught a fake virus before that was trying to get me to buy a fake virus protection program I removed it with this tutorial at http malwaretips com blogs system-progressive-protection-removal However now my windows firewall doesn t seem to work and i cant change the settings i get this error quot windows firewall cant change some of your settings Error x quot whenever i try to change something in it i saw another post of someone using farbar for a log entry windows firewall work wont here it is if anyone can help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it happy holidays by the way Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by gonzalez administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users gonzalez Downloads New folder quot Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK windows firewall wont work MpsSvc Service is not running Checking windows firewall wont work service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt windows firewall wont work Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows System wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows System qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System es dll gt MD is legit C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log

A:windows firewall wont work

Hello -Please visit This Page for directions by Expert Broni This topic has specific directions for you to follow, and solutions for your problem.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479539/windows-firewall-wont-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

and will there be a fix or update for this problem? Will have to buy power dvd for windows 8?

A:Why wont windvd 11 pro work on windows 8

Have you checked the Corel website?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10960-why-wont-windvd-11-pro-work-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

as above windows updates wont work

[Error number: 0x80072EFF] The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. For self-help options: Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

A:windows updates wont work

It's either the servers are busy or your network is preventing connection to the Update Servers. If it persists, install the latest version of Microsoft Windows Script.

Windows Script 5.7:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-wont-work-517254.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Please help updates Windows work wont after Two days ago after windows updates my old pc XP and my laptop vista wouldnt load windows when I turned them on the microsoft load screen came up and then the screen just went black instead of windows coming on The only way I could get it to work is by restarting it and going into safe mode like I am at the moment I went to check my Windows wont work after updates netbook XP and that was working but asked me to install windows updates and restart so i did and now thats the same So I have three comps I cant use The only connecting factors are the windows updates and that they all run McAfee Now the laptop I did do a system restore which i took back weeks and it worked but then McAfee said it had updated and needed to restart then my problems start again Im at a loss as to whether its McAfee or Windows updates I dont know what to do Even the start up repair didnt fix it but when i looked at the log it said something to with an unknown change in configuration could be causing it but I haven t changed anything nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

hello im new to this forum and im seeking your help i installed a new copy of windows its supposed to be completely fine and it is until it restarts after installing all the new windows after that it wont start again i need to return it to windows vista if i want it to open windows the only screen that will open is the system restore one im not sure the name but the one that has windows diagnostic tools system restore etc plz help i work help at 7 Solved: all new windows wont want to get rid of windows Solved: help new windows 7 wont work at all vista but my windows wont work comp specs Processor AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz KB X L Cache HyperTransport technology up to MHz Chipset ATI RS T Display panel -inch Ultrabright WXGA TFT display Memory GB MHz DDR SDRAM Total slots DDR slots Available slots DDR slots Video controller ATI Radeon X Up to MB of HyperMemory Webcam Megapixel Fingerprint reader No Audio High definition audio - channel Hard drive GB RPM SATA hard drive Optical drive X Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM with Labelflash Write maximum X DVD -R X DVD-RW X DVD RW X DVD-R DL X DVD R DL X DVD-RAM X CD-R and X CD-RW discs Read maximum X DVD-R RW ROM X DVD -R DL X DVD-RAM X CD-R RW ROM discs Modem Integrated V K modem Network Ethernet LAN g wireless LAN Memory card reader -in- Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro Multimedia Card Secure Digital XD MiniSD and RS-MMC when used with adapter that is supplied with card Interfaces Three - USB ports One - VGA port One - HDMI connector RJ- port RJ- port Headphone SPDIF Audio Out jack Microphone jack One - Lock slot Power input Pointing device Touchpad with vertical scroll zone Expansion slot Expresscard Type Battery -cell Lithium-ion Dimensions to -inches H -inches W -inches D to mm H mm W mm D Weight pounds kilograms nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Help please, I've been having some issues with my computer and its driving me nuts. It all started when I got a virus/malware. It was a antivirus scam called "Security Essentials 2010". I removed it with the help of this website "myantispyware". After the removal, I had some problems with my computer.

When I tried to hibernate my computer, nothing happens. A screen shows up saying "preparing to hibernate" and then after a few seconds, it returns back to my window and does not hibrnate. Is this a virus?

Please help me. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much!

A:Windows update wont work

Hi, I just post a few minutes ago. My second problem after the removal of "Security Essentials 2010" is that some of my google searches has been redirected to another site. I would have to go back and click on the link several times before I actually get to the site I wanted. Thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319161/windows-update-wont-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

could someone please help me! ok the old version works but none of the new ones will! on the place were it says click here to sign in on the button you push for that it says setup or change your mobile account! and wen you try n push it nothing happins ! so i downloaded another windows messenger and now it comes up click here to sign in but wen i try to click it nothing happens! does anyone know whats wrong with this thing! lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-msn-messenger-wont-work-on-my-windows-xp.157423/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hiya I am having a problem with my windows home premium bit I wiped my computer to try and get a new graphic card to work never got it working gave up and went back to my old graphic card Since then I have had to wipe my computer a number of times I kept having to wipe my computer since the same problem kept happening Which is that my windows will crash and wont work after about - mins after start up I thought it was my disk so I installed it from a usb windows installer and has been runnign fine home using work windows wont after Windows 7 activation phone for about weeks until I was free to do the phone activation of my windows I phoned up the activation after using my computer for a while then after I phoned and it came up Windows wont work after using windows 7 home phone activation genuine like normal I went to get a drink befor doing more work and once getting back to my computer I opened a new tab on firefox it was very slow on the internet so I clsoed my browser and tried to reopen it and but it woulnd't open windows has frozen completely so I pressed the restart button on my case and let it boot up and then it wouldn't let me do anything Does anyone have any idea of how come my computer seem to freeze and refuse to work once I use the windows phone activation

A:Windows wont work after using windows 7 home phone activation

What makes you think it is the activation? Did you go click on "Start Button", right click on "Computer" and left click on "Properties"? When the screen comes up scroll down to the right bottom of the screen and you should see a "Genuine Windows Logo". If it says something different then there is an activation problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325631-windows-wont-work-after-using-windows-7-home-phone-activation.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite C -B and I have Windows I only bought the laptop weeks ago I have not been able to get my computer to hear anything from my external device when I use the mic headphone combo jack I have an adapter plugged in that turns my conductor mm end into a conductor mm end I have set everything up using HD Realtek and can see the icon for the mic-in on my list of enabled recording devices However when I play media the sound bar doesnt move Ive checked with my recording programs and they cant hear the mic-in either I've work. mic) mic-in Realtek wont (external Windows HD 8 checked and HD Realtek mic-in (external mic) wont work. Windows 8 apparently all my drivers and software is up to date I even re-downloaded the recording device drivers and nothing happened Is there a way I can download a different driver for these devices I have seen loads of other forums where people had the same issue with their HD Realtek but nobody was able to help them Is there anything I can do aside from buying a mm to USB adapter that will make my computer hear the mic in Thanks

A:HD Realtek mic-in (external mic) wont work. Windows 8

Do you have the "Stereo Mix" set as the default Recording Device? If some other device, such as an internal mic is set as default no other device can be used in most systems. Setting the Default Recording Device as Stereo Mix then any recording device will be heard.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/62147-hd-realtek-mic-external-mic-wont-work-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am a moron ..I am new to computer world...I dont know why but when I click an email link on a site and the outlook express box opens I fill the email and click send .within seconds a box opens and says o of 1 message trying to be sent.and then every minute another box opens and say's wait or stop...60 more seconds what do I need to do to get it working again..

Relevancy 49.45%

I have recently purchased a computer that runs windows vista. I was really happy with it but I downloaded Sims 2 onto the computer and I thought it was fine. But when i tryed to play the game, the floor and the walls on my Sims house was distorted. Can somebody tell me what I can do to fix this problem because im upset I cant play the game

Please reply or email me on [email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-wont-work-on-my-windows-vista.615429/