Windows Support Forum

Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer"

Q: Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer"

Hey I have a Windows Xp Prof Sp Dell Latitiude D I m connected on a dialup and this is what Im trying to get my computer to fully shutdown in the minutes i specify ex minutes I sometimes leave the Shutting shutdown say"It it now want computer-Dont to down your computer" to safe is computer on at night and don t want it to be still on when i come back Something to make it automatically shutdown I got a program that shuts down the computer automatically And it works Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer" My computer shuts down but in the end it gets stuck at quot It is not safe to shutdown your computer quot I don t want it to do this because then someone needs to press the power button to fully shut it down Is there a way to make it so I don t come to this Also When I start up I see my username and a password box I don t have a password so I just press enter in the password box is there a way to make it so it doesn t ask for my blank password everytime I turn it on I can t find where to play with these settings If anyone can help Help pls thanksss nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer"

This may help.
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutting-down-computer-dont-want-it-to-say-it-is-now-safe-to-shutdown-your-computer.348394/
Relevancy 83.39%

Relevant Computer Specs IMO winXP Home ed OS MSI PM M-V motherboard shutdown is error now safe Solved: computer" to off "It turn on your w Intel celeron processor x gig of ddr Ultra RAM and a cheap watt power supply that could very well be going bad Overclocked to Ghz The Story My computer use to shut down on its own without me manually telling it too Also the Stand By feature was Solved: "It is now safe to turn off your computer" error on shutdown availible if I wanted it I recently bought new Hard drives WD GB Cavier SATA MB and set them up into a RAID array They did not cuase a problem as my system runs much better days later however I encountered the problem that BattelFeild did not run properly so I reinstalled it I believe it was from copying files to my new RAID array Fixed the Solved: "It is now safe to turn off your computer" error on shutdown problem no hassle To be on the safe side I did a Repair reinstall of windows to make sure that no system files were corrupted in the transfer as well My computer would glitch randomly and close programs It wasn t until after the repair reinstall of windows did I encounter a problem The Problem My computer now runs smoothly except for when I power down I get the message quot It is now safe to turn off your computer quot along with winXP Logo and I am forced to shut down my computer manually Also when I click quot start quot quot turn off computer quot I no longer have the option to stand by I have tried all of the steps in the following link to Microsofts trouble shooter and still nothing has happened In step though after I installed APM Legacy driver device manager told me that quot This device is installed but it may not work properly quot There is also an by the device in device manager http support microsoft com kb I thought I would try posting here in case it was a hardware problem I posted in the OS forum and didn t find any answers but I did get a few good ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated Even if it is a total shot in the dark Who knows I might have overlooked something too Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: "It is now safe to turn off your computer" error on shutdown

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-it-is-now-safe-to-turn-off-your-computer-error-on-shutdown.512751/
Relevancy 82.15%

Strange thing happened. I did a clean install of XP Pro on my Dell and now I always get "It is now safe to shutdown your computer" when I power it down. I was running 98se and it always shut down by itself so I'm sure the bios supports this as some have suggested to me.
Can anyone speak to this issue and help me resolve it?
Thanks so much and may God bless,
Peter

Relevancy 98.47%

Few weeks ago my Gateway DX displayed a dialogue box that stated quot Your Computer has detected a Trojan Horse Virus Shutting down quot It then shut down as the message stated it would No Biggy figured the computer was doing what it was meant to do "Computer PC Virus, Trojan restart won't after Shutting Detected Down" has Horse upon a security PC won't restart after "Computer has Detected Trojan Horse Virus, Shutting Down" threat Well after a few minutes I tried restarting the computer and nothing no power no lights no noises completely dead So thus far I have tested the PSU with the paper clip trick and an actual PSU tester and it works just fine according to those test I have also replaced the motherboard thinking for sure that had to be the problem but of course not still no power whatsoever I then figured maybe it is the power button itself so I used a screwdriver to short the power on switch pins and nothing I have also replaced the CMOS battery tested multiple outlets power cord is good reseated all connections Also tried jumping it by moving the jumper from pins amp to amp And still nothing I have no idea what to try next any help would be greatly appreciated Was also wondering is there a Trojan Horse that can actually cause a complete power system failure tried googling it couldn't find anything on it Computer Specs Gateway DX Vista Home Premium x AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor ATI Radeon GPU

A:PC won't restart after "Computer has Detected Trojan Horse Virus, Shutting Down"

I currently have this same thread in the "Memory and Power Supply" section. The individuals that have responded are all saying it is the PSU that is faulty. I will be acquiring a working PSU tomorrow evening to confirm that is the issue at hand. Once testing is complete, I will follow up with an update...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/pc-wont-restart-after-computer-has-detected-trojan-horse-virus-shutting-down-659074.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer would just never turn off, forcing me to hold the power button every time.

I need some solutions, because I've already tried a lot of things

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61858-computer-will-not-shut-down-stuck-shutting-down-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 96.75%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 96.75%

Dear All,

I bought a brand new acer desktop yesterday.
But I am having serious problem with it. When I want to shut it down then My computer says "windows is shutting down" and then does not close down. Nothing happening at all. I wait and wait further . . .

PC`s own Original HDD is 1000GB. But I have also connected 2 different HDD with it.

acer Desktop PC
CPU: AMD A10 5700 quad-core processor
RAM: 12GB DDR3 memory
HDD: 1TB Hard Drive

Please help me that what is the problem?

My computer says "windows is shutting down" and then does not close down. Nothing happening at all.

A:My computer says "windows is shutting down" and then does not close down

Hi, you say you just bought this computer, please take it back, anything you do might void your warranty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-says-windows-is-shutting-down-and-then-does-not-close-down-663762.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 95.89%

This is my first post folder sluggish startup at up/shutdown loads + "My start Computer" on the forum so apologies if I am asking a simple question one that has already been posted I ve searched through the forum amp found some similar postings but each case seems to be taken on its own merit so thought it would be best asking the specific question s This "My Computer" folder loads at startup + sluggish start up/shutdown is a two-part post to provide some background information that may may not prove useful again apologies if this is all unrelated and just a simple problem caused by the user not the equipment Part background My system Windows XP with sp never got round to installing sp x Maxtor DiamondMax gb partioned into C and F x Maxtor DiamondMax Plus gb D and E Zone Alarm Security Suite I think - updated regularly no viruses for some time Ad-aware Spybot amp CW-Shredder - updated and scanned regularly for malware Tune-Up Utilities - used to fix reg inconsistencies problems Some time ago I noticed some irregular occurences on my system starting off with amp My Computer amp opening the same folder at startup C program files nero I think and taking a LOT longer to shutdown restart than normal anywhere between amp mins to shutdown Occasionally ckdisk would run at boot and after analysing would go through the process of recovering orphaned files on both C and F After roughly three weeks of this problems seemed to arise every time I started my computer certain components of Nero stopped working TuneUp Utilities stopped working declaring that it was an illegal copy windows media player stopped working office documents would not open error messages at startup complaining about invalid windows image files Zone Alarm security Suite was turned into an empty shell which loaded at startup but contained no user-interface and finally about a month after the first problems occured out of nowhere I got the blue screen of death amp that damned kernal Once that happened ckdisk ran on my next boot and again went through the process of recovering orphaned files on C when it had finished I got another blue screen and since then I have been unable to load XP - the blue screen has replaced the Windows startup screen and then the system simply reboots last known configuration and safe mode boot with the same result In short I m pretty sure that windows is screwed amp needs a format and fresh install before I do this however there is some data that I need to get off C this is where the new problem comes in Part My Dad s system Windows Pro Sp formatted to NTFS Norton Ad-aware Spybot amp CW-Shredder - updated regularly scanned regularly for malware Tune-Up Utilities - used to fix reg inconsistencies problems Physical Memory Total Available Commit Charge Total Limit Peak In order to remove the required data from my possibly corrupt HDD I set it up as a slave on my dad s system with the intention of performing a virus scan before doing anything else Problem was that the drive was not recognised properly by BIOS - it was given a rather unusual name unfortunately I didn t make a note of it amp the system hung when I went to autodetect the drive In case it makes a difference this was rigged up using a removeable caddy so I didnt have to fight the computer case the drive was successfully identified as a slave on the nd IDE cable but gave an error message that some cable or another was not installed I continued into windows which unsurprisingly did not detect the drive After removing my problematic drive and booting up windows to search the forums and google the problem I noticed that windows was taking a lot longer to boot up than normal about mins rather than the usual mins Whilst online I decided to flash the BIOS just in case that had contributed to the unusual identification of the drive I reinserted the caddy containing my HDD and went into BIOS once more this time there was no mention of the drive let alone a silly name On loadin... Read more

A:"My Computer" folder loads at startup + sluggish start up/shutdown

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 15:53:11, on 29/03/2007
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Version Cue CS2\bin\VersionCueCS2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\F-Secure\BackWeb\7681197\Program\SERVIC~1.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\FSGK32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\BackWeb\7681197\program\fsbwsys.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\FSMA32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\fssm32.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\FSMB32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\FCH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\MacOpener\FORMATM.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\fsqh.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\fsrw.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\FSM32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\fsav32.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\BackWeb\7681197\program\F-Secure Automatic Update.exe
D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Version Cue CS2\data\database\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\FNRB32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\FIH32.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\F-Secure\ANTI-S~1\fsaw.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure\FSGUI\fsguidll.exe
C:\Program Files\antispyware\Spybot\SpybotSD.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\80gb no1\Desktop\hijack this\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bbc.co.uk/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\ANTISP~1\Spybot\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure TNB] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure\TNB\TNBUtil.exe" /CHECKALL /WAITFORSW
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Version Cue CS2] D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: F-Secure Automatic Update.lnk = C:\Program Files\F-Secure\BackWeb\7681197\program\F-Secure Automatic Update.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Block this popup - C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Spyware\blockpopups.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe CS\Adobe Acrobat ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-folder-loads-at-startup-sluggish-start-up-shutdown.556026/
Relevancy 95.89%

I turned on my Windows 7 machine for a short time yesterday evening. The computer was shut down correctly, yet I got an "unexpected shutdown" message when I logged on today. Anyone else ever experience this? If so, what could have been the cause?

A:"unexpected shutdown" message when computer did shut down properly

Hi there ... I think everyone has experienced this .. You can look in the Event Viewer this may give you a clue to the cause ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323384-unexpected-shutdown-message-when-computer-did-shut-down-properly.html
Relevancy 95.89%

My laptop time or sleeps computer every hibernates "Unexpected Shutdown" often suffers from BSOD after windows updates and I grin and bear it until it stops in or days which it has always done in the past However this is insane Since my computer installed updates last Saturday I have not been able to put it to sleep or hibernate without having to subsequently do a hard restart with the quot windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot screen I then get the little notice that normally shows up after a regular BSOD detailing the issue but it contains no details- it simply says windows was unable to find a solution for the problem There is no expand option to see the details Please note I have not actually seen a BSOD This "Unexpected Shutdown" every time computer sleeps or hibernates is only happening when I put it into sleep or hibernate in which case it seems to get stuck showing a glowing black screen or simply not powering off when told to The only way I can get it to turn back on is to unplug it and remove the battery This also may be related- Sometime around Saturday my battery went dead as they are want to do after years Currently I am keeping my laptop plugged in at all times with a battery that won't charge to protect me from bumps to the power cord while I wait for "Unexpected Shutdown" every time computer sleeps or hibernates my new one Specs Windows Home Premium Bit OEM re-installed summer Full Retail Sony Vaio VPCCW FX years old Thank you so much for your help

A:"Unexpected Shutdown" every time computer sleeps or hibernates

I had that same system and similar problems. Update SFEP.sys by using Sony? Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver to download it from a newer model. That solved the blue screen crashes during sleep for me.

Also, make sure your Atheros Wireless AR9285 is up to date and you get the critical update for the wireless component.
Sony eSupport - VPCCW17FX - Software & Drivers AR9285
Sony eSupport - VPCCW17FX - Software & Drivers Critical Update for Wireless Component

To install the wireless driver update, do the following steps.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Network adapters
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
DO NOT restart your computer
Install the latest driver for the device.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Network adapters
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
DO NOT restart your computer
Install the latest driver for the device.

I had issues installing the latest Atheros driver until I did the above. If you did not do the above to update the first time, the driver may not have successfully updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215353-unexpected-shutdown-every-time-computer-sleeps-hibernates.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Was just wondering if anyone has encountered a problem like this before. I have a system that hangs when I click the "Turn Off Computer" icon in the Start Menu to gain access to the "Standby" "Turn Off" and "Restart" buttons. After I click the "Turn Off Computer" button it will just sit there for several minutes with the hourglass until finally the menu will come up. I fixed this once before by removing some things from startup. This time I fixed it by killing the googletaskbar.exe. I then uninstalled the Google Taskbar and rebooted and still did not have a problem but suddenly it has returned! I have no idea what is going on, there is really nothing obscure that is starting up on boot or running. Anyone have suggestions??

A:Windows XP hangs when clicking "Turn off Computer" button to bring up shutdown menu

The only two applications I have used since have been ThinkOrSwim and Telechart - both stock market applications. Don't know if this information would be relevant but thought I would add it in.

www.thinkorswim.com
www.worden.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hangs-when-clicking-turn-off-computer-button-to-bring-up-shutdown-menu.742461/
Relevancy 95.46%

Brand new Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit... when I come in the morning, or when out for extended periods I come back and get error message... attached is the text from the log report:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000009f
BCP1: 0000000000000004
BCP2: 0000000000000258
BCP3: FFFFFA80054F9040
BCP4: FFFFF800040D53D0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\050812-13650-01.dmp
C:\Users\Phil Barnett\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1324698-0.sysdata.xml
I have located the Minidump files but cant seem to attach them..
Thanks in advance for help!

A:"Recovered from unexpected shutdown" when computer unattended

zip the minidump files, it will then allow you to attach them.
I can do a lot more with those than I can from your description.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228743-recovered-unexpected-shutdown-when-computer-unattended.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi my computer keeps freezing when I shut it down specifically at the screen where it displays quot Saving Your Settings quot The error report from this are as follows Event during Your at "Saving Computer shutdown Settings" Freezes ID Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded when Computer Freezes during shutdown at "Saving Your Settings" it is no longer in use Computer Freezes during shutdown at "Saving Your Settings" I searched for solutions to this and one of the common ones were downloading and using UPH Clean I have version and enabled the logs for it I check the logs and it starts up successfully at every start up but sometimes when I shut down Computer Freezes during shutdown at "Saving Your Settings" my computer still freezes at quot Saving Your Settings quot forcing me to use the reset button or hold down the power button I have the most recent logs from UPH clean Event ID The following handles opened in user profile hive ADMIN- F CAD Administrator S- - - - - - - are preventing the profile from unloading System HKCU Software Microsoft MSNMessenger PerPassportSettings x svchost exe HKCU x c call stack data collection not enabled for this process What are these logs telling me and what should I do Thanks Quick update my second log Even ID The following handles opened in user profile hive ADMIN- F CAD Administrator S- - - - - - - are preventing the profile from unloading svchost exe HKCU x x e b f ADVAPI lt no symbol gt x e a ADVAPI AbortSystemShutdownW x f f x dd b ADVAPI RegOpenKeyExW xa x dd ADVAPI RegOpenKeyW x f x ddb ac ADVAPI ComputeAccessTokenFromCodeAuthzLevel x x ddb ADVAPI ComputeAccessTokenFromCodeAuthzLevel x x dd d e ADVAPI IdentifyCodeAuthzLevelW xd x c kernel BasepCheckWinSaferRestrictions x e x c kernel GetNlsSectionName x db x df ADVAPI CreateProcessAsUserW xc x a b rpcss lt no symbol gt x a c rpcss lt no symbol gt x e a ac RPCRT CheckVerificationTrailer x x ef a RPCRT NdrStubCall x x ef ee RPCRT NdrServerCall x x e c RPCRT NdrGetTypeFlags x c x e bda RPCRT NdrGetTypeFlags x e x e b RPCRT NdrGetTypeFlags x a x e c RPCRT NdrConformantArrayFree x e x e be RPCRT NdrConformantArrayFree x b x e RPCRT I RpcBCacheFree x c x e c b RPCRT I RpcBCacheFree x e x e a d RPCRT I RpcBCacheFree x x e c RPCRT I RpcBCacheFree x cb x c b kernel GetModuleFileNameA x ba MsMpEng exe HKCU Software Classes x f x e b f ADVAPI lt no symbol gt x e f ADVAPI AbortSystemShutdownW xb ec x dd b ADVAPI RegOpenKeyExW xe x b ec mpengine lt no symbol gt x b b mpengine lt no symbol gt x b eb mpengine lt no symbol gt x b b mpengine lt no symbol gt x b c c mpengine lt no symbol gt x c mpengine lt no symbol gt x a c fa mpengine lt no symbol gt x a bfbb mpengine lt no symbol gt x a aeb mpengine lt no symbol gt x a b c mpengine lt no symbol gt x a bd d mpengine lt no symbol gt x a be e mpengine rsignal x e x c b MpSvc lt no symbol gt x c fd MpSvc lt no symbol gt x c df MpSvc lt no symbol gt x b MpClient lt no symbol gt x c a ntdll RtlQueueWorkItem x x c b ntdll RtlUpdateTimer x c x c cd ntdll RtlUpcaseUnicodeString x x c d b ntdll RtlUpcaseUnicodeString x b x c ddd ntdll RtlUpcaseUnicodeString x d x c db ntdll RtlUpcaseUnicodeString x x c b kernel GetModuleFileNameA x ba HKCU x x e b f ADVAPI lt no symbol gt x e f ADVAPI AbortSystemShutdownW xb ec x dd b ADVAPI RegOpenKeyExW xe x b ec mpengine lt no symbol gt x b a c mpengine lt no symbol gt x b c c mpengine lt no symbol gt x c mpengine lt no symbol gt x a c fa mpengine lt no symbol gt x a bfbb mpengine lt no symbol gt x a aeb mpengine lt no symbol gt x a b c mpengine lt no symbol gt x a bd d mpengine lt no symbol gt x a be e mpengine rsignal x e x c b MpSvc lt no symbol gt x c fd MpSvc lt no symbol gt x c df MpSvc lt no symbol gt x b MpClient lt no symbol gt x c a ntdll RtlQueueWorkItem x x c b ntdll RtlUpdateTimer x c x c cd ntdll RtlUpcaseUnicodeString x x c d b ntd... Read more

Relevancy 95.46%

Hi my computer keeps freezing when I shut it down specifically at the screen where it displays quot Saving Your Settings quot The error report from this are as follows Event ID Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in Settings" Your during at Computer shutdown "Saving Freezes use by other applications or services The file Computer Freezes during shutdown at "Saving Your Settings" will be unloaded when it is no longer in use I searched for solutions to this and one of the Computer Freezes during shutdown at "Saving Your Settings" common ones were downloading and using UPH Clean I have version and enabled the logs for it I check the logs and it starts up successfully at every start up but sometimes when I Computer Freezes during shutdown at "Saving Your Settings" shut down my computer still freezes at quot Saving Your Settings quot forcing me to use the reset button or hold down the power button I have the most recent logs from UPH clean Event ID The following handles opened in user profile hive ADMIN- F CAD Administrator S- - - - - - - are preventing the profile from unloading System HKCU Software Microsoft MSNMessenger PerPassportSettings x svchost exe HKCU x c call stack data collection not enabled for this process What are these logs telling me and what should I do Thanks

A:Computer Freezes during shutdown at "Saving Your Settings"

Quick update, my second log
Even ID: 1501

The following handles opened in user profile hive ADMIN-9F1868CAD\Administrator (S-1-5-21-1606980848-2111687655-725345543-500) are preventing the profile from unloading:

svchost.exe (1704)
HKCU (0x368)
0x77e3b52f ADVAPI32!<no symbol>
0x77e0734a ADVAPI32!AbortSystemShutdownW+0x9f3f
0x77dd6b37 ADVAPI32!RegOpenKeyExW+0xa8
0x77dd7955 ADVAPI32!RegOpenKeyW+0x2f
0x77ddb1ac ADVAPI32!ComputeAccessTokenFromCodeAuthzLevel+0x587
0x77ddb166 ADVAPI32!ComputeAccessTokenFromCodeAuthzLevel+0x541
0x77dd9d6e ADVAPI32!IdentifyCodeAuthzLevelW+0xd9
0x7c819993 kernel32!BasepCheckWinSaferRestrictions+0x17e
0x7c819068 kernel32!GetNlsSectionName+0x10db
0x77df6348 ADVAPI32!CreateProcessAsUserW+0xc3
0x76a938b3 rpcss!<no symbol>
0x76a9371c rpcss!<no symbol>
0x77e7a1ac RPCRT4!CheckVerificationTrailer+0x70
0x77ef421a RPCRT4!NdrStubCall2+0x215
0x77ef46ee RPCRT4!NdrServerCall2+0x19
0x77e79c75 RPCRT4!NdrGetTypeFlags+0x1c9
0x77e79bda RPCRT4!NdrGetTypeFlags+0x12e
0x77e79b06 RPCRT4!NdrGetTypeFlags+0x5a
0x77e7c008 RPCRT4!NdrConformantArrayFree+0x42e
0x77e7be65 RPCRT4!NdrConformantArrayFree+0x28b
0x77e76794 RPCRT4!I_RpcBCacheFree+0x14c
0x77e76c2b RPCRT4!I_RpcBCacheFree+0x5e3
0x77e76a4d RPCRT4!I_RpcBCacheFree+0x405
0x77e76c13 RPCRT4!I_RpcBCacheFree+0x5cb
0x7c80b699 kernel32!GetModuleFileNameA+0x1ba

MsMpEng.exe (1980)
HKCU\Software\Classes (0x5f8)
0x77e088f7 ADVAPI32!AbortSystemShutdownW+0xb4ec
0x77dd6b75 ADVAPI32!RegOpenKeyExW+0xe6
0x07b96ec2 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07b9748b mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07b977eb mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07b97b36 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07b8c8c2 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07c86765 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a7c7fa mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a6bfbb mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a6aeb6 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a5b9c6 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a5bd6d mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a5be0e mpengine!_rsignal+0x2e
0x5c80b023 MpSvc!<no symbol>
0x5c811fd7 MpSvc!<no symbol>
0x5c80df30 MpSvc!<no symbol>
0x5b816060 MpClient!<no symbol>
0x7c9270a9 ntdll!RtlQueueWorkItem+0x239
0x7c934b79 ntdll!RtlUpdateTimer+0x19c
0x7c926cd9 ntdll!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x159
0x7c926d1b ntdll!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x19b
0x7c926ddd ntdll!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x25d
0x7c926db4 ntdll!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x234
HKCU (0x658)
0x77e088f7 ADVAPI32!AbortSystemShutdownW+0xb4ec
0x77dd6b75 ADVAPI32!RegOpenKeyExW+0xe6
0x07b96ec2 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07b97a3c mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07b8c8c2 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07c86765 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a7c7fa mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a6bfbb mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a6aeb6 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a5b9c6 mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a5bd6d mpengine!<no symbol>
0x07a5be0e mpengine!_rsignal+0x2e
0x5c80b023 MpSvc!<no symbol>
0x5c811fd7 MpSvc!<no symbol>
0x5c80df30 MpSvc!<no symbol>
0x5b816060 MpClient!<no symbol>
0x7c9270a9 ntdll!RtlQueueWorkItem+0x239
0x7c934b79 ntdll!RtlUpdateTimer+0x19c
0x7c926cd9 ntdll!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x159
0x7c926d1b ntdll!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x19b
0x7c926ddd ntdll!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x25d
0x7c926db4 ntdll!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x234

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-during-shutdown-at-saving-your-settings-390100.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi:

I've done something, I'm sure, but don't know what.

When I want to shut the CPU down and click on START>TURN OFF COMPUTER, all that happens is that the mouse changes to the "wait" icon (hourglass) and that's it. Does not shut down, does nothing. Just hung-up and have to manually turn the machine off.

Ordingarily, after clicking on TURN OFF COMPUTER, the small screen shows with the three different opitons (re-boot, shut down, cancel), but with this problem, the screen does not come up, it just freezes with the "wait" icon.

Any ideas of what I may have done or how to correct this please??

Thanks,
Tru

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gets-hung-up-when-shutting-down-the-computer.786172/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi all, you guys did a great job of solving the BSOD problem on my laptop, but now my PC is playing up so I need your help again

When I try to shutdown my PC it nearly always hangs at the "Logging Off" or "Shutting Down" screen, the only time it shuts down properly is immediately aftwer it has been freshly started. It seems to me that a program or driver is causing the problem.

if you can tell me what you need I can attach it asap.

Dell Optiplex GX620
Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor
4 GB RAM
Win 7 Ultimate

A:PC won't shutdown, always hangs at "Shutting Down" screen

Microsoft does have a fix available, but you have to request it from them.

Have a look at this article, and then click the fix link at the top of the page.

You cannot make a computer that is running Windows 7 shut down or sleep

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201088-pc-wont-shutdown-always-hangs-shutting-down-screen.html
Relevancy 94.6%

My Vista randomly stopped working one day when I was watching a YouTube video I thought quot okay whatever quot and restarted my computer a quot hard-reset quot also known as pressing the power button until it turns off When it got back up the computer wouldn t "Repair in Solved: Computer" but won't Mode your and Safe start anything Vista do anything except Solved: Vista won't start in anything but Safe Mode and "Repair your Computer" for the green-bar thingy at the beginning It just keeps loading for hours on end until it either does a CHKDSK or the screen flashes and it restarts I am aware that many people had this problem years ago with vista if the forums asking for help I read had their dates correct I know how to get to the Advanced Boot Options I am currently in Safe Mode and I have an intermediate understanding of the Command Prompt I don t have any System Restore points and as I am in safe mode I cannot make any I also can t backup my computer at this point and I used third-party backup software so I can t restore the backup with the quot Repair your Computer quot option at the Advanced Boot Solved: Vista won't start in anything but Safe Mode and "Repair your Computer" Options menu I had one small idea I wanted to create a partition from my C or external J drive that is at least GB to install Ubuntu into Unfortunately I can t stop the pagefile thing and I have no knowledge of having snapshots at all I have a Sony VAIO VGN-NS K Windows Vista Home Premium nbsp

A:Solved: Vista won't start in anything but Safe Mode and "Repair your Computer"

If you've got a vista disc put that in on boot up and run a repair. You'll have to redo the updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-wont-start-in-anything-but-safe-mode-and-repair-your-computer.921730/
Relevancy 94.6%

First please do not give me the Microsoft rhetoric about how wonderful UAC is and why access your workaround to "An program safe unknown wants computer" Seeking for a it is important for my Seeking a safe workaround for "An unknown program wants access to your computer" own safety I'm an MCSE with years of professional computer admin experience I understand security and why it is important That's why I am looking for a safe alternative to disabling User Access Control in Vista when all I want to do is have an application automatically launch at Windows startup While I do have a specific application that is giving me this problem my research into a solution tells me that this would be better addressed in a general way since there are several variations on a theme for this question The program I am trying to auto-start when Windows boots is configured to run as a service at startup When the application attempts to run its administrative panel in the notification area and run some other services it brings up the UAC nag screen informing me that quot An unknown program wants access to your computer quot Additionally the application has an quot unknown publisher quot The whole quot unknown quot part is apparently the problem Since Microsoft requires publishers to have a certificate or something to become quot trusted quot which is akin to demanding extortion money from publishers in my opinion This is a free open-source port of a Linux utility that is very useful I understand why the publisher has no interest in becoming quot trusted quot so it's not really an option to pester the developer to do so The application does not appear to require administrative rights and quot Run as administrator quot is unchecked in the Compatibility tab of the application properties but since UAC is being triggered it must do something that UAC doesn't like Since this application launches several vital services on a remote machine it's a gigantic pain to have to login just to approve the service every time the computer reboots I could disable UAC and since this is basically acting as a stand-in for a real server that might be best but I want to prove that it's possible to keep UAC enabled and still have a fully functional and safe Vista machine I want to prove that the Redmond Kool-Aid can work I also could shut off Automatic Updates so that the computer doesn't restart itself automatically after every update but that lessens the security of the machine In short it seems that the very act of attempting to keep my computer safe via UAC is going to force me to have to defeat one or more security features just to allow me to run the software automatically Is there and if not why not a way to add a whitelist of UAC-exempt applications to a computer Possibly a registry setting a group or local security policy an INI file or something else Every antivirus application I can think of allows manual whitelisting of files that would otherwise be flagged--why can't Vista I think there is a mindset at Microsoft that users either have to be coddled i e UAC or be allowed to hose their own system disable UAC and damn the consequences A far better third-option should be available allow people to carve out exceptions within the overall security rather than disable it entirely If someone has a solution I'd love to know it If not does anyone know who to contact at Microsoft to plead with them to come up with a way to do that so we don't have to disable security just to run known safe programs from untrusted publishers Thanks

A:Seeking a safe workaround for "An unknown program wants access to your computer"

Hello Willscrlt,

You might try this free beta Norton UAC program. It works great, and will allow you to add that program to a UAC exception list.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/190634-seeking-safe-workaround-unknown-program-wants-access-your-computer.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have recently been having this problem with my Compaq Presario Cq laptop It used to be working fine for years and this problem suddenly came up a few weeks ago Whenever I turn on my computer it would seem to load but then when it frayed the starting windows Computer Windows", mode no at safe restore "Starting or not does load screen nothing else happens The screen remains black with just those words An indication that windows would load was I the animation of the orbs coming together to make the windows logo appeared I have tried loading in safe mode but it would always hang on Class pyp or ssomething like that I tried system restore but it would only show the green loading bar and then the screen would black and nothing happens It seems the only way to have a chance of my computer booting is to do Primary Hard disk tests from the bios or System self diagnosis scans then try to load system restore while the windows disk Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore is in the drive but it's annoying to have to wait up to an Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore hour or more to see if my computer might work I have tried some disk Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore scans from the command prompt as well as a sfc scanthat seed to have fixed the problem but then it would happen again I have also tried reformatting and reinstalling windows and that would work for a while but then it's back to square one Of some one could helpe with this it would be very much appreciated

A:Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore

Some hardware tests to run.

Graphics card:
Video Card Stress Test with Furmark Hard drive(s):
Pick one for your HDD brand or use Seatools.
7 Free Hard Drive Testing Software ToolsRAM (memory):
This will require memtest on a bootable CD or USB stick.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285034-computer-does-not-load-starting-windows-no-safe-mode-restore.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi,

Every time when I turn off my computer, the machine shows "Now is safe to turn or your computer" message. I know there is a way to disable this but just don't know how.

I do some search on this website, and found out we can have this fix by enabling the Advanced Power Management Support at Control Panel. However, my computer doesn't have the APM option under the Power Option. I have W2K install on this machine.

I did fix this problem before by editing the registry but just forget how to do it. Hope someone can help me with this. Very thanks a lot.

Relevancy 94.6%

So this is what's happening I just ordered a few case fans from Newegg These are the fans I got COUGAR CF-V HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing amp Fluid amp Hours CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation - Newegg com Now my Computer stays "running" shutdown. after problem is that when I shut down my PC everything seems to still be running all fans are running the LEDs on my one LED fan are still on and my DVD drive bays still open and close I can hear everything in the PC still moving like its fully on yet my monitor quot goes to Sleep quot and wont come back on until I reboot it Which when I do reboot it shows the whole standard windows startup screens with the post screen and all I've never had this kind of problem before I installed the fans normally if I shut it down everything would shut down but it just seems like it Computer stays "running" after shutdown. don't want to It does disconnected my other PCs from reading off the homegroup like its actually shut off I don't know why it's doing this I have the two new fans plugged in through the connectors it came with that adapt it to get power from the PSU don't know if that's the cause though Just looking for some insight on how to make it actually shut off when I shut it down Not having to go and hit the power switch on the PSU

A:Computer stays "running" after shutdown.

You are choosing start and shut down, correct ?

Never heard of this b4.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290405-computer-stays-running-after-shutdown.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Once in a while, when I go to start>turn off computer>-then shutdown, the system suddenly just reboots. Does not go into shutdown mode, or restart mode, just beeps, and then reboots. It runs scan disk and when I load windows back up, it comes with this error in the included JPEG below (attachment):

Any Idea as to what this could be? After I sent the error report, on the MS site it told me this was an "Stop Error" ?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

A:Computer reboots when I click on "Shutdown"

Hi Greg, have a read through this link:
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-439539.php

Quite a bit of info there but it may be relevant :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-reboots-when-i-click-on-shutdown-121542.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello everyone I m new to this thread and I appreciate any advise that I can get Here s my problem I have a dual boot machine both os are XP Professional W Sp One I use to record and work on music never connect to internet never ran updates other than sp the other I use for everything else This os occasionally freezes when trying to access quot My Computer quot to Shutdown Not freezes responding Computer" "My and on access the hard drives and often freezes on shut down on the quot Windows is shutting down quot screen only thing I know is that when it freezes I can "My Computer" Not responding and freezes on Shutdown go to the task manager and it says quot My computer not responding quot and I have to often hit the reset button on the machine then it s normal after it reboots I ve tried reinstalling the window s software times and both times after a clean install the same problem even before I install most of my other software and fully update windows Here s the catch it has NEVER happened while logged into the OS that I use to record my music with I ve guessed that maybe one of my hard drives may be failing but can t find anything to support that they all seem to be fine Any recommendations or any further info is greatly apprciated nbsp

A:"My Computer" Not responding and freezes on Shutdown

Recently, i got the same problem, only mine is I can't open any folders in computer including my computer, my document, recycle bin , control panel, etc.

I can't open my internet explorer so i have to use firefox...
I also tried to install windows but i knew i made some mistake cause now i have 2 different windows....
IF i accidentely open those, my computer will freeze and all i can do is open windows task manager ( altctrlf4 ) and then log off ( which take like 1 hour everytime )

LAST Night, i was just trying to scan all my computer and guess what ? I found about 33 viruses... I mean OMG....well it's mostly just adware, although have 2 or 3 trojans, i guess.... Then i deleted it....

After that, i restart my comp and guess whattt ???

EVERYTHING BACK TO NORMALLLLLL...... i CAN use my computer as it is brand new.... I was so happy...

So, my recommendation is try to scan it... use good scanner..
I use kasperskay....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-not-responding-and-freezes-on-shutdown.74189/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have followed the steps to take prior to posting a thread After startup when I get to the desktop I receive the following message in the tray quot Your Computer is infected Windows has detected spyware infection It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you Click here to protect your computer from sysware quot Within seconds the PC automatically restarts and the above will repeat without end I don't even have enough time to open the task manager prior to the restart the screen just goes black immediatley and it starts up from a complete shutdown Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at "Your Computer infected" is Continuous shutdown PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer "Your Computer is infected" Continuous shutdown Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm "Your Computer is infected" Continuous shutdown seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run HPBootOp quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exe quot run O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot c Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run brastk C WINDOWS system brastk exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run ... Read more

A:"Your Computer is infected" Continuous shutdown

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Use Safe Mode for running ComboFix if necessary.

Download Combofix from any of the links below. You must rename it before saving it. Save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double-click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan and Save a Logfile'. Save the logfile and post it here.

Please close HijackThis now.

Go to Start > Run and copy/paste the following into the Run box and click OK:

C:\Qoobox\Add-Remove Programs.txt

A text file should open. Please post the contents of that file in your next reply.

Please post the following in your next reply:

ComboFix.txt
new HijackThis log
Add-Remove Programs.txt

If you have any questions along the way...STOP and ask them before proceeding.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/your-computer-is-infected-continuous-shutdown-304508.html
Relevancy 94.6%

When I do a "restart", on the computer screen I could see "log out", a few seconds later, "shutdown." At this point, the system stalls at "shutdown." I waiting for over 5 minutes, and it was still stalled at "shutdown." What is the Problem?

To continue working with my computer, at the ""Shut down stall", I remove the power cord from my computer. About a minute later, I reconnect my power cord and click the power button. After that there is no problem. Except when I do a "Restart."

A:During "Restart", my computer stalls at Shutdown

check task manager settings,available memory, cpu usage before you restart
some times devices and applications can cause problems also check the power management settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/during-restart-my-computer-stalls-at-shutdown.1041421/
Relevancy 94.17%

See attached screen shot. The drives: E, F, G, H, are all parts of my multi-card reader.
One is for MemoryStick, another is SD Cards, CompactFlash, etc.

Would it be alright to rename these to something more recognizable at a glance? (for example, rename "Removable Disk (H)" to "SD Card")

Or will it somehow mess up the way the drives read the cards?

A:Solved: Is it safe to rename drives on "my computer"?

Ya u can rename it. There is no pro in doing so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-it-safe-to-rename-drives-on-my-computer.663958/
Relevancy 94.17%

I am running win98 se. the mother board is a S1590s Trinity 100AT . Thanks in advance for the help.

A:How do I stop the "it's now safe to turn off your computer" message

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-stop-the-its-now-safe-to-turn-off-your-computer-message.112512/
Relevancy 94.17%

I was uninstalling all my aol files, it said to reboot the computer for the changes to take effect, So I did so, and then the desktop icons, the mouse cursor, and all my windows are now enlarged! I have rebooted 3 times to try to re-start windows into a normal mode, but it won't change. How do I restore windows to their original configuration?

A:Solved: I think my computer is in something called "Safe mode"?

If you right-click on your desktop, click PROPERTIES and SETTINGS what is you screen resolution set to?

Might be set too low.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-think-my-computer-is-in-something-called-safe-mode.722698/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have WinXP Home I recently got a few notifications of viruses on my computer Along with it came a lot of adware pop-ups I downloaded Kaspersky AV from their site and am using it as in Networking" Computer only works Mode "Safe with a trial version I had an older version of McAfee but hadn t renewed and do not have up-to-date virus definitions As the title reads my computer will only work when I boot windows in safe mode with networking When I try to boot it up regularly it goes very slow at the log-in screen Computer only works in "Safe Mode with Networking" and then once I log in there s only a black screen with the mouse pointer I left it at that window for a few hours hoping it would eventually load Not the case Same thing happens when I boot in safe mode with the exception that ctrl alt del works and will bring up the Windows Task Manager and then I can Computer only works in "Safe Mode with Networking" run terminate programs from there But no start toolbar or icons or anything else I have done several full scans and they come up with viruses every time Any helpful advice would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Computer only works in "Safe Mode with Networking"

:bump:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-only-works-in-safe-mode-with-networking.659499/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi!

I was instructed to "restart computer in SAFE MODE." How exactly do i do that?

Please advise. Thank you!

Sabrina

A:How to start computer in "safe mode"?

Restart computer andkeep taping F8 until the screen comes up, scrool to safe mode. and enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-start-computer-in-safe-mode.490132/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi

I have been redirected here from the Security Centre Hijackthis log help forum. I have been cleared of malware which was initially the problem.

Here is the link to that thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/hijackthis-log-help/247609-win32-pakes-apc-trj-win32-small-jmk-trj-win32-lineage-351-trj-popups.html

The problem is that at the moment I can't complete an anti-virus or malware scan with Avast and Spybot programs, because my system "freezes" halfway through these scans.

More information can be found about my freezes in the original thread, much of it starts from post 11.

Don't know if I'm missing certain files that causes my system to freeze.
Thanks for the assistance.

A:Computer "freezes" in Safe Mode

Hi.

I am adding some more information that might be of use.

Recently my computer froze and send me the "blue screen" error report.
It went along the lines off...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System log error report

Windows has been shut down to prevent damage

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

If this is the first time error screen appears, restart.... etc.

Check hard & software properly installed

If problem continue, disable or remove newly installed hardware or disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shawoding.

Technical Information:

STOP: 0X000000FE (0x00000005, 0X869A40E0, 0X10330035, 0X865F05E8)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump completed
Contact system adminastrator or technical support group for further assistance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:
My system freezes in safemode? I do not have traces of SmitFraud as cleared by the previous thread.
Also I havn't recently installed hardware.

Thanks so long.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-in-safe-mode-251318.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a Dell 4800 when I turn on my pc it gose on to where it says dell and stay on in that mode. is their anyway of fixing this.

A:Computer "freezes" in Safe Mode

Hello goyanks

Try running the Dell Diagnostics and see what is reported.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...ug/tools00.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-in-safe-mode-366704.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Windows 2000 pro ... how do i get rid of this message. I want to be able to shut down my computer and have it shut down all the way with out having to wait and do it myself. Every time i shut down, i have to wait for this message and manually turn the pc off.

Relevancy 92.45%

Hi guys, I've had this problem for 2 days now, whenever I shut down my PC, it gets to the screen where it says "Windows is shutting down" and it freezes there, or so it would seem, i have left it for hours in this state and nothing happens.

I am currently running Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

System Specs:

Processor: 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
Main Circuit Board: Foxconn 965X7AA FAB1.2 Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
320.06 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
239.47 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
RAM: 2048 Megabytes Installed Memory
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

Sorry if I left anything Important out, I'm a complete deadhead when it comes to computers.

All I've tried so far is a system restore, but that didn't work because the computer cannot shut down properly.

Thanks, Crazy_guy

A:Computer "Freezes" at Shutdown

Shutdown problems in Windows XP can be caused by many factors, just like earlier versions of Windows. These included: a damaged exit sound file; incorrectly configured, damaged, or incompatible hardware; conflicting programs, or an incompatible, damaged, or conflicting device driver.

can u tell the hardware or software u just added before this complaint.

If u have an NVIDIA driver try: In Control Panel >Administrative Tools>Services, stop the Nvidia Driver Helper service.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-at-shutdown-204757.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Goodday to you ghostbusters I am from Holland Europe hope you can give me some help My computer is sometimes giving me the above error Also one of my "You not this have shutdown computer" do to permission executables stopped working I have only one user account This computer is not very long ago freshly installed Very much appreciate any effort here s my hijjackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System "You do not have permission to shutdown this computer" smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv "You do not have permission to shutdown this computer" exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C PROGRA "You do not have permission to shutdown this computer" MICROS rapimgr exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files BlueSoleil BlueSoleilCS exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files BlueSoleil BsHelpCS exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www orange nl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Extra context menu item Add to Banner Ad Blocker - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Web traffic protection statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/you-do-not-have-permission-to-shutdown-this-computer.729340/
Relevancy 92.45%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 92.45%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I made a desktop shortcut that I am using to shutdown the computer at the end of the day. Is it safe to use "shutdown" this way or is it better to go through the 2 extra steps: Start, Turn Off Computer, and Shutdown? It seems to work fine shutting down from the shortcut, I just don't want to damage the computer.

For the shortcut I used this command: shutdown -s -t 0 -c "hi"

Relevancy 92.02%

Okay so i have my drives hooked up.
1. External 250GB (valuable data on it)
2. Internal 80GB IDE (valuable data on it)

Trying to get the files off onto the HD i have just booted from.
Only problem is that my drives 1 and 2. they are not appearing in "my computer". but when i go in "computer management", they are there but are listed as "unallocated".

does this mean the end of all of my files i have on them? is there any software out there capable?
help will be very much appreciated.

A:Storage Drives Not Appearing in "My Computer" but in "Computer Management"

Try the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storage-drives-not-appearing-in-my-computer-but-in-computer-management.124552/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,

I have two MSI Mobos, exactly the same model. Both with SATA hard drives and mostly the same configuration. One of them when you click on "shut down" displays the message "It is now safe to turn off your computer" and you have to hold the power button down to turn it off. The other PC shuts down just like it should automatically. I've been through all the settings I know as well as some registry fixes and nothing seems to work. Does anyone know what could be causing this? How do I make this machine shut down automatically? I've even tried fresh installing windows as well as repair installs. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Chris

A:"It is now safe to turn off your computer" ?????

Ive had the same prob, kind of.
read the info on this page: http://www.theeldergeek.com/clean_installation_of_windows_xp.htm

especially under this title: The Role of the F5 Key and Shutdown Problems

The option of pressing f5 at the time of install & choosing 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC ' worked for me.
Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/it-is-now-safe-to-turn-off-your-computer.484059/
Relevancy 91.16%

The computer is running XP Pro, and now all of a sudden I get the message
" It is now safe for you to turn off your computer". I don't know why it is doing this out of the blue. SO could someone please tell me how I might get around this ???
Thanks!

Tommy4024!

Relevancy 89.87%

Made a HUGE mistake, messed with the settings under "My Computer" > "Manage" > "Services> and also the "Local Users". Now having trouble, can not see my "Start and Task Bar", the "windows"+ ''e" is no longer working.

How can I restore the Services & the Local Users account without having to reinstall my whole computer? I am afraid I will loose lots of files... I do not remember what exactly I changed, but some of the "Services" I changed to "disable" now when I try to open properties and change them back, I am unable. The right click to get to properties is not working.

Your help is highly appreciated.

A:How to restore the defaults for "services" under "My Computer" > "Manage>

I am not sure about the "quick" way of restoring, but what you can do is go back to services, "RIGHT-CLICK" the white area select "HELP" then the third option is "Default settings for services"

you can see what the default was and manually restore it. I have tried to copy and paste it below

==========================================================

Service Startup Type Log On As Additional information
Alerter Manual Local Service
Application Layer Gateway Manual Local Service
Application Management Manual Local System
Automatic Updates Automatic Local System
ClipBook Manual Local System
COM+ Event System Manual Local System
COM+ System Application Manual Local System
Computer Browser Automatic Local System
Cryptographic Services Automatic Local System
DHCP Client Automatic Local System
Distributed Link Tracking Client Automatic Local System
Error Reporting Automatic Local System
Event Log Automatic Local System
Help and Support Automatic Local System
IMAPI CD-Burning COM Manual Local System
Internet Connection Sharing Manual Local System
IPSec Services Automatic Local System
Logical Disk Manager Automatic Local System
Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service Manual Local System
MS Software Shadow Copy Provider Manual Local System
Net Logon Automatic Local System
NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing Manual Local System
Network Connections Manual Local System
Network DDE Manual Local System
Network DDE DSDM Manual Local System
Network Location Awareness (NLA) Manual Local System
NT LM Security Support Provider Manual Local System
Performance Logs and Alerts Manual Network Service
Plug and Play Automatic Local System
Portable media serial number Automatic Local System
Print Spooler Automatic Local System
Protected Storage Automatic Local System
QoS RSVP Manual Local System
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager Manual Local System
Remote Access Connection Manager Manual Local System
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager Manual Local System
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Automatic Local System
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator Manual Network Service
Remote Registry Automatic Local Service
Removable Storage Manual Local System
Routing and Remote Access Manual Local System
Secondary Logon Automatic Local System
Security Accounts Manager Automatic Local System
Shell Hardware Detection Automatic Local System
Smart Card Manual Local Service
Smart Card Helper Manual Local Service
SSDP Discovery Manual Local Service
System Event Notification Automatic Local System
System Restore Service Automatic Local System
Task Scheduler Automatic Local System
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Automatic Local Service
Telephony Manual Local System
Telnet Manual Local System
Terminal Services Manual Local System
Themes Automatic Local System
Uninterruptable Power Supply Manual Local Service
UPnP Device Host Manual Local System
Upload Manager Automatic Local System
Utility Manager Manual Local System
Volume Shadow Copy Manual Local System
WebClient Automatic Local Service
Windows Audio Automatic Local System
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing Automatic Local System
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Manual Local System
Windows Installer Manual Local System
Windows Management Instrumentation Automatic Local System
Windows Time Automatic Local System
Wireless Zero Configuration service Automatic Local System
WMI Performance Adapter Manual Local System
Workstation Automatic Local System

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-restore-the-defaults-for-services-under-my-computer-manage-367715.html
Relevancy 89.44%

How do I change the font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"? Is it hard coded in a uifile? Which file are the words in? Is the file written in XML?? John

A:Change font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"?

Quote: Originally Posted by RBCC

How do I change the font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"? Is it hard coded in a uifile? Which file are the words in? Is the file written in XML?? John

I am not sure you can change the fonts though if you wish you can change the text from "Shutting Down" to "Bye Bye" or so, by editing, winlogon.exe.mui.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/162037-change-font-welcome-logging-off-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have searched to see if this was asked before without any success. Maybe someone has run into this problem before.
When I open "my computer" or "control panel" after I close it...it automatically goes into Internet Explorer as a blank page. Most of the time, when I close the IE blank page...it stops responding and I have the control-alt-delete to "end the program"
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:closing "my computer" or "Control Panel" open internet explorer window

Possibly malware - anything openning ie on its own raises an alarm in my books. Post a HJT log to the malware removal section of the forum and let the experts take a look at it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-my-computer-or-control-panel-open-internet-explorer-window.658783/
Relevancy 89.44%

The hard drive is a Western Digital 320 GB that I've had plugged into this computer before (and worked). Then i got a virus and had to do a recovery of windows.

Ever since then I can't get windows to recognize/show it in my computer. I just "disabled" and "enabled" it in device manager to no effect. I have a C, D, and E drive which are: two partitions on the hard drive, and then the CD drive (respectively).

So i'm stuck, not sure where to proceed since it's obviously not the hard drive itself, I use it on my xbox all the time. What next?

A:External Hard Drive doesn't show up in "my computer" but does in "device manager"

Does it show in Disk Management ? ?
Right clik My Computer...select Manage...then Disk Management.
Find the drive...right clik it and select Properties.
Report back with your findings.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276295-external-hard-drive-doesnt-show-up-my-computer-but-does-device-manager.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Does anybody know how I can change these icons?

I changed the default icon for the network one in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} but it didn't change.
Appreciate any help,

B

A:Changing "Computer" and "Network" icons in explorer navigation pane

Hello, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to change the icon of "Computer" and "Network" to what you like, and have it applied everywhere in Windows.

Desktop Icons - Change or Restore Default Icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351478-changing-computer-network-icons-explorer-navigation-pane.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Problem Everything was running fine until yesterday when my PC crashed with the BSOD giving me the quot IRQL not less or equal quot error I ignored it and carried on- which resulted in the computer crashing with quot Memory management quot blues whenever I started something that was not the browser It later started crashing on browser start too I first thought it was the temperature - Memtest and GPUtemp said otherwise So I started testing the RAM taking one DIMM out with Memtest - It passed cycles so I shut less Computer not not "Memory equal" management" "IRQL BSOD- and or - starting. the PC down and put the other DIMM in When I turned the PC on again there was no signal sent to my screen and none to my keyboard and the HDD light on the front of the case did not start blinking like usual BSOD- "IRQL not less or equal" and "Memory management" - Computer not starting. The fans were running so I figured something might be wrong with the DIMMs I put in I removed the graphics card and plugged the screen into the motherboard Now the screen gets a signal background lighting starts up and then it shuts down to hibernation again This repeats itself until the machine is shut down manually I got no idea what to do System specs http pastebin com BSOD- "IRQL not less or equal" and "Memory management" - Computer not starting. DQwejZLx I can not post the Minidump folder since the PC can t start and I did not back it up Sorry Thank you for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-irql-not-less-or-equal-and-memory-management-computer-not-starting.1090821/
Relevancy 88.58%

Which one should I do? I originally wanted to just do "Return computer to factory condition" but Theog just suggested "Use A System Image Created Earlier." I have no idea what to do. So confusing!

A:"Return computer to factory condition" or "Use A System Image Crea..."

Hello M4TE and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry for the delay in responding but I just came across your question.

Most newer manufactured computers have a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive. The manufacturer provides specific instructions on how to access that partition in case you want to restore your machine to the exact condition it was in when it left the factory. That means you'd have to go through the time consuming process of cleaning out factory bloatware (like free trials of programs you'll never need), installing programs you do need, updating everything, creating your personal settings, etc. Here is a general idea of how to access the hidden recovery partition.

HP Recovery From Partition

Let's say it took you a day or two to set up your machine to your liking using the hidden recovery partition. A System Image is like a snapshot of your entire hard drive. It will include everything from the operating system to all your programs, files, photos, music, all updates ... everything. Most folks keep it on a separate external hard drive. Let's say a week later you get a virus or your machine crashes for some reason. You can use that System Image to return your machine to the exact condition it was in when you made the image. Usually takes about 30 minutes or so and you're back in business. It's a lot faster and more convenient to only worry about a week of updates compared to probably months with the hidden recovery partition. The newer a System Image is the less you have to worry about.

But one caution: since a System Image is, for all purposes, an exact duplicate of the hard drive, it will also include any malware that may be on the machine. So if in doubt, it might be best to use the hidden recovery partition to start off with a clean slate and then make a System Image immediately following all customizing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/185899-return-computer-factory-condition-use-system-image-crea.html
Relevancy 88.58%

my computer was hijacked by "support tool" a so called virus protection hijacker. i'm in safe mode with networking now & attached you see my hjt log file. help please. THanks!

actually, i'm on a different computer. it has windows xp home ed. & its a dell inspiron 530S

also, in trying to fix the problem initially, my wife deleted the file "rundll32" beacause the virus stated that had a virus error. so this file may be missing as well & we may need to replace it.

A:Computer Hijacked by "Support Tool" "Virus Protection" Prog

I posted this yesterday to get help for a "Support Tool" hijack on a computer. Please help. Log file attached. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-hijacked-by-support-tool-virus-protection-prog.905556/
Relevancy 88.58%

Not a major issue, of course, purely cosmetic, but still a minor annoyance none-the-less:

I have a number of card reader drives that I never use (haven't even removed that plastic cover tape from them to help keep the dust out) that show when viewing the "Computer" window that displays drives. Is there any way to hide specific unused drivers from this view? Not remove drive entirely, of course, I may need to use one in the future, but just to hide them so they aren't visible, until I may chose to make them visible again?

Thanks as always,

Russell

A:Hiding unused "removable storage" devices from "Computer" folder

Hello Russell,

You could check Hide empty drives in the Computer folder in Folder Options to have them stay hidden until you insert a card. When a card is inserted, the drive will display in Computer.

Drives - Hide or Show Empty Drives in Computer Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/245152-hiding-unused-removable-storage-devices-computer-folder.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a big problem here,
I have used my hard disk for 9month,
Yesterday when I watched movie on the half way,
My hard disk suddenly disfuntion,
And I thought my laptop problem due to always lagging so I restart my computer.
But after that I can't read my hard disk (WD)in my computer.
It can read in computer management there.

Ways I try:
1)I try to uninstall and reinstalled again,BUT it doesn't work.
2)I try to unchecked the hide folder and device at view.
3)I try to update the software BUT it still disfunction.
4)I try to use disk management and initialized it BUT there appeared CANNOT INITIALIZED Due to I/O device error.

Any solution for me ?

A:Hard Disk can't read in "my computer ", "initialized",I/O device error

The most usual cause is that the Hard Drive is beginning to fail. Back up your stuff. Go to the website of the manufacturer and test the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335190-hard-disk-cant-read-my-computer-initialized-i-o-device-error.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Intel R Core TM i CPU RAM GB -bit Operating System It started while Encryption supported by..." "Client not to Side "computer --> failing load" i was browsing anime viewing websites on Firefox Both of which I've used for years Also note AVG's Resident Shield was online and i don't remember going anywhere strange or downloading strange files I had scanned used malwarebytes anti-malware the day before and found nothing Randomly I received a blue screen stating something like quot Client side encryption is not supported by the remote server even though it claims to quot After restarting my computer failed to start normally I think it failed to load the operating system It went to some kind of auto repairing thing to fix itself in order to startup properly But it failed Safe mode same as above Last Known Good Configuration same "Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load" as above Bootlogging Debugging Description was it would mention at which startup file it failed to load It loaded files from the top of my screen to almost the middle which is about lt things It failed "Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load" and without telling me any new information did the quot same as above quot attempts of system restore One was more than a month ago It would get to the end and quot finish quot restoring for a brief moment then immediately show an error pointing to quot Appdata Roaming Firefox jumble of letters profile session the rest was cut off but i thought i could see half an quot s quot It said it couldn't replace the file chkdsk didnt find any problems So my problem began while using Firefox and I couldn't system restore because of Firefox Is Firefox the problem Unfortunately I'm impatient and I've already reformated What I would like to be told is possible culprits and to be "Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load" told I can continue to use Firefox safely like i am right now P S I have to rant This is my second attempt at posting this automatic restart due to updates claimed my first attempt spent mins Even though this is nothing compared to the many hours this particular mechanism has stolen during my college years

A:"Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load"

Its the server that you were on, it did not like the encryption that that server was using.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/client-side-encryption-not-supported-by-computer-failing-to-load-580727.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I am trying to rebuild by search index because my computer won t let me arrange items using the quot Arrange By quot option However when I try and load my indexing options to rebuild the index it will sit there and say won't Disappearing Icons, "Arrange & By" load, option "My work. Help? Computer" won't quot Waiting to receive indexing status quot If I click the quot Advanced quot button it will freeze I also receive an icon and loading display problem SEE PIC Also when I click on quot My Computer quot it sometimes will sit there searching and it won t load SEE PIC I have tried the following Restarting the quot Windows Search quot service multiple times at different boots Deleting the files contained in the folder quot C Windows System config TxR quot http support microsoft com kb Stopping the quot Windows Search quot service then I opened up quot regedit quot I went to quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsSearch SetupCompletedSuccessfully quot I changed the value from a to a Then I rebooted my PC I then went back to the same key and changed it back to a and rebooted my PC again Turning the "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? quot indexing service quot on and off from the quot Turn Windows Features on or off quot menu Microsoft Fixit Indexing Troubleshooter Sfc scannow Tried this hotfix http support microsoft com kb Tried another user account and creating a new user account Tried resetting folder view to quot defaults quot http www sevenforums com tutorials -folder-view-settings-reset-all-default html I really need ALL of these problems fixed "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? They obviously all come from one issue but the only problem is idk how to fix it Please help Also I know for a fact a quot repair quot "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? will NOT work so didn t even suggest it because this problem popped up because I repair installed my computer The quot Arrange By quot option just doesn t work so maybe the registry has a key that can be edited to fix this that is disable by default Thanks PS I am sorting by name grouping by none and below is a screenshot of what happens when I change the quot Arrange By quot option to arrange by song As you can see nothing changes it still arranges by folder SEE PIC Also note in the picture quot song quot is highlighted but I already left-clicked it PSS I only only experienced the file display disappearing and loading issues when I deleted the files located in the TxR folder to fix the arrange by issue I forgot to mention that I noticed in my Event Viewer that there were some logs that kept appearing that might pertain to the issue Here is a list of the logs that I think appear the most often Error Event ID Service Control Manager The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error Access is denied Error Event ID Kernel-EventTracing Session quot Circular Kernel Context Logger quot failed to start with the following error xC Error Event ID Service Control Manager The Computer Browser service depends on the Workstation service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Error Event ID WMI Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Error Event ID DistributedCOM The server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE did not register with DCOM within the required timeout NOTE FOR THIS EVENT ID ERROR THAT THE NUMBERS IN THE BRACKETS ... Read more

A:"My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-load-disappearing-icons-arrange-by-option-wont-work-help.1098029/
Relevancy 88.58%

Sometimes when I try to open the Computer window (either by clicking the start button and then Computer or hitting Windows key + E) it will take a long time to open (upwards of 90 seconds). It doesn't happen all of the time, but starts happening seemingly at random. I can open other folders, but as soon as I click Computer, it freezes for a bit before working properly.

I can get it to stop by rebooting, but it seems to always eventually happen again. I know it's not a hardware problem, as this is happening on both my desktop and laptop.

A:"My Computer"/"Computer" slow load problem

There's a number of ways we can retrieve info on this, so let's start with the easiest.

First, grab Process Explorer and open it up. Sort by the CPU or CSwitch Delta columns (highest at top). Now, attempt to open Computer, and see which process started spiking. Most likely I would venture to guess it's the explorer.exe process. Either way, double-click it to open and see its current running threads. If Computer is still loading, you should see the highest-load thread at the top which should be relevant. Dbl-click it and it'll give you the callstack for it. Copy and paste to here for evaluation. If Computer window pops up prior to doing all this you can keep attempting to open it and perform the instructions while it's hung.

In addition to this, you may also wish to create a dump file of the process while it's loading the Computer window. Right click the process that's spiking and create either a minidump or a full dump. Minidumps are very small and should attach no problem to your post, but are very limited in details. Full dumps will have to be uploaded to a 3rd-party filesharing site.

Note that if it does the same for both desktop and laptop, go ahead and provide us the details following these instructions for both laptop and desktop. Specify which is which. The dump files from each would also be beneficial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/217900-my-computer-computer-slow-load-problem.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have run webroot antivirus with antispyware several times Every time I do it finds the same virus sometimes others with similar names This is from the latest scan Mal EncPk-CZ Troj FakeAle-FK and some cookies However often I quarantine them they reappear on the next scan and I also can't get the desktop to go back to its normal appearance it's gone white with a big warning as above and refers to win adware virtumonde win privacyremover M having been detected on my computer I have gone through the steps This is the active scan log ANALYSIS - - PROTECTIONS MALWARE SUSPECTS PROTECTIONS Description Version Active Updated Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware Yes Yes MALWARE Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location Cookie Doubleclick TrackingCookie "Warning! Can't your on get detected rid and "Troj/FakeAle-FK" Spyware of Computer!" No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am doubleclick txt Cookie FastClick TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am fastclick txt Cookie Tribalfusion TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am tribalfusion txt Cookie Mediaplex TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am mediaplex txt Cookie Xiti TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am xiti txt Cookie Statcounter TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am statcounter txt Cookie YieldManager TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am ad yieldmanager txt Cookie Apmebf TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am apmebf txt Cookie Advertising TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am advertising txt Cookie Smartadserver TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings AM Cookies am smartadserver txt Exploit LoadPdf HackTools No Yes No personal folders junk e-mail credit report debt Can't get rid of "Troj/FakeAle-FK" and "Warning! Spyware detected on your Computer!" pdf Trj Spammer ADX Virus Trojan No Yes No archive folders deleted items you have card ecard zip eCard scr Trj Sinowal VRR Virus Trojan No Yes No personal folders deleted items tracking n fedx-retr zip Fedx-retr exe SUSPECTS Sent Location No C i GTDownDE ocx VULNERABILITIES Id Severity Description And this is the hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbxmon exe C WINDOWS system lphc nvj e f exe C Program Files Webroot Desktop Firewall WDF exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Bin... Read more

A:Can't get rid of "Troj/FakeAle-FK" and "Warning! Spyware detected on your Computer!"

Hi Henry

Disable SpySweeper's realtime protection. Open Spysweeper and click on Options
Choose Program Options and uncheck
load at windows
startup
On the left click
shields
and then uncheck everything.
Uncheck
home page shield
Uncheck
automatically restore default without notification
Exit the program.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix, link
Remember to re-enable them afterwards.

Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the following reports for further review, and so we may continue cleansing the system:

C:\ComboFix.txt
New HijackThis log.

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix. This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cant-get-rid-of-troj-fakeale-fk-and-warning-spyware-detected-on-your-computer-283408.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi there,

I didn't really know how to google for this (although I did), so I didn't find anything proper and like to ask you: How do I remove the "labels" from drive types in "Computer" window? What I mean:
These labels above the different drives are really annoying, as I'm accustomed at one item after another and somehow one could change it to that view in every OS every since (XP, Vista), but now it doesn't seem to work? (I tried all the context menu items )

Any ideas? Thanks for your help in advance, much appreciated!

Kind regards

A:Remove "labels" from drive types in "Computer" window?

you can change the view a bit by using the button highlighted below - i don't know if you can remove the labels though...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/21420-remove-labels-drive-types-computer-window.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have some irritating hijackers adwares on my computer There are the Home Search Assistent Search Extender Shopping Wizard programs that I cannot delete There is my hijackers taken have Search over Assistent" and "about:blank" "Home computer! also the about blank hijacker that keeps taking over my home page Then I also see this fake warning about quot your computer might be at risk quot and that wants me to download a searchclick cc file or something "Home Search Assistent" and "about:blank" hijackers have taken over my computer! I would appreciate any help Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System acs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system javaot exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINNT ieac exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Adapter Utility AirPlus exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Class - EE B EF-CEA - AD - FDD-ECAA CC C - C WINNT system wingu dll O - BHO no name - F AF- C - - D C- C DD C - no file O - BHO no name - F F-B FA- FEB- E F- AEB D A - no file O - BHO no name - B BCC -E -A AC- B - B AF E F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINNT GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run Ink Monitor C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run dmjziw c winnt system kxfcxdy exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run javamr exe C WINNT javamr exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp... Read more

A:"Home Search Assistent" and "about:blank" hijackers have taken over my computer!

Hi there and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

regards
alba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/home-search-assistent-and-about-blank-hijackers-have-taken-over-my-computer-92333.html
Relevancy 87.72%

My hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Management" but is showing under device manager. I got the hard drive from a friend and his dad had put a Password encryption on it. Any Ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60253-hard-drive-not-showing-my-computer-disk-managment-help.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Last night when I turned my computer on, it came on and was running scan disk--I think someone shut it down without logging off. I hit the "enter" key and all of the sudden the computer went dead and the off/on light went from green for on to orange/yellow. Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks

A:Computer shut down - CPU Light went from "green (on)" to "orange/yellow"

I have no idea, but I bet someone else on these forums does. But if I were you, while I was waiting for a response I would look on google...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shut-down-cpu-light-went-from-green-on-to-orange-yellow.33929/
Relevancy 86.86%

I m not sure where to go I don t remember when this problem arose as I Shutdown Restart up Can't or Gets shutting "Windows is scr down" XP. at hung Windows don t shut down very often Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System brsvc Can't Shutdown or Restart Windows XP. Gets hung up at "Windows is shutting down" scr a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Can't Shutdown or Restart Windows XP. Gets hung up at "Windows is shutting down" scr Files Can't Shutdown or Restart Windows XP. Gets hung up at "Windows is shutting down" scr ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPClient exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPMon exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files NoAds NoAds exe C Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS System BRMFRSMG EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Main Office Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts www dcsresearch com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run mmtask c Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundat... Read more

A:Can't Shutdown or Restart Windows XP. Gets hung up at "Windows is shutting down" scr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-shutdown-or-restart-windows-xp-gets-hung-up-at-windows-is-shutting-down-scr.207325/
Relevancy 86.86%

Note I can't take any screen shots because my problematic laptop won't even start up fully So as a bit of background my -year-old Toshiba A -S laptop battery has been horrible for "configuring down..." stuck updates" "shutting after in Laptop ages as in my laptop MUST Laptop stuck in "shutting down..." after "configuring updates" be plugged in at all times or else it will immediately spontaneously turn off without a proper shut-down It also spontaneously turns off it it overheats or starts working too hard or something so I don't use it very much - but it's where I keep all my music and movies and I've been gradually transferring these files to other devices which is why I still use it occasionally Anyway nights ago I downloaded and installed updates and after taking a while to install updates it stayed on the quot shutting down quot screen for a long time And when I woke up the next morning it was STILL on the quot shutting down quot screen - and it had been hours by that point I was actually very surprised that it hadn't spontaneously turned off overnight So I did a force-turn-off because I thought it would start up ok Today I turned on the computer figuring it would boot up ok So we get to the start-up screen - it even spends a mere split second on the usual improper-shut-down-how-would-you-like-to-start-up screen it usually spends seconds on that screen and it goes through quot configuring updates quot and this took a while and then it went back to the quot shutting down quot screen And it was stuck there for about minutes before I did another force-turn-off and turned it on again because sometimes something that doesn't work one time does indeed work the next time But not this time It went through the same quot configuring updates quot and quot shutting down quot screens and it's now been stuck on quot shutting down quot for about minutes So what can I do to fix it I can't figure out how to get it to fully boot up because paragraph above just happens over and over again Will I have to take out the hard drive and finally retire my computer Would I be able to take out the hard drive and recover my files Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394020-laptop-stuck-shutting-down-after-configuring-updates.html
Relevancy 86.43%

When attempting to browse folders using Explorer opened from Start Menu Or left click on start button Explorer will allow click on quot - quot to close paths Solved: does Computer" "File hangs, "My Explorer" not? but hangs with hour glass if any attempt is made to expand any path or open any file Explorer remains in this state until Solved: "File Explorer" hangs, "My Computer" does not? closed at which time Windows asks if I wish to report the problem to Microsoft If I use the quot My Computer quot icon on the desktop to browse all actions including access to networked resources work perfectly Can anyone please explain the difference between the two file browsing utilities and offer an explanation of Solved: "File Explorer" hangs, "My Computer" does not? the above My system is AMD GB Ram Xp Pro with all service packs and updates I am on a wired network with fixed IP addresses Other network components are Old Dual P with GB Ram running Windows Explorer on this machine has no problems including access to networked resources Buffalo TB Link Station Wire ADSL router and HP LaserJet printer nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

I hate the quot Libraries quot bring back quot My Computer quot Am I the only one whom dislikes the windows windows explorer I have ceased using the original quot My quot Folders years ago all of my data is on NAS Servers is there a replacement program that will allow me to customize file access more like XP My computer "Libraries" back "My hate Computer" the I bring All I want to do is access the data I did not lose anything I do not need to search for anything and I will organize my data the way I want to - not the way windows thinks I should I hate the "Libraries" bring back "My Computer" Also - I see colors quicker than I can read text - so in previous OS XP I would change the folders to icons really weird that they retained the icons from the original info after I copied my icon folder to the C drive however it appears as though i cannot change a folder to an icon in W

A:I hate the "Libraries" bring back "My Computer"

Me too,
I hate the win explorer forced on me in Win 7.
I hate the wishy-washy baby blue colour, the line spacing, the icons & yes the (can't delete) intrusive Libraries.
Does it not occur to MS that some of us depend upon Explorer & we want greater freedom & functionality?
Amazing to find myself saying the explorer layout in XP was superior, good work MS!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47156-i-hate-libraries-bring-back-my-computer.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello everyone I've run or "Control "My nothing open displays. Computer" Panel" I When into an issue that I can't seem to find answer to on the net When I open My Computer Control Panel or any folder no files or directories display after first there is a green loading bar on the address When I open "My Computer" or "Control Panel" nothing displays. bar and little magnifying glasses searching icon on the left side directories but never displays anything The files I can see in other folders are unable to be opened and have When I open "My Computer" or "Control Panel" nothing displays. white blank page icons next to them I can still run application so I'm not sure what the issue is I ran a scan for virus with nothing found and I have also ran a windows update but have When I open "My Computer" or "Control Panel" nothing displays. not restarted my PC yet Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you PC Desktop Custom Build OS Windows Ultimate x C PU Intel Core i - k GHz Motherboard Asus p z -v pro Memory gb Graphics Card s NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Drives P M -CT M SSD ATA P WDC WD EARX- PASB ATA

A:When I open "My Computer" or "Control Panel" nothing displays.

Please run this and tell me the results following option 2 in this tutorial:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330569-when-i-open-my-computer-control-panel-nothing-displays.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have someone who works from home to connect to an office computer to access a database. Now, she wants to print out of her printer from home from the program she is using. She connects via VNC on a dial-up. Now the only thing I had in mind was to some how network her printer to be available to an outside source from home and add it as a shared printer on the office computer. Is this possible with a dial-ip and also not being on the same network? I wonder if I could do it through HTTP or something similiar?

A:Using VNC and want to print to "home" printer from "office" computer

That is one of the limitations of VNC. You can't print to a local printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-vnc-and-want-to-print-to-home-printer-from-office-computer.365006/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi Guys - new to the forum.

The problem that I have is that all of the sudden, I noticed that when I open "My Computer", no drive letters are listed for my harddrives and DVD drive. Instead...they are listed as "NGS for handwriting Personalization. Please take a look at the provided screenshot. You will know what I am referring to.

When I tried searching this on Google, I've got some hits referencing Personalize Handwriting Recognition, but it referenced Tablet PC's/Laptops. However, my desktop pc is not a tablet!!!

Any help would greatly be appreciated it. Also, please let me know if you require additional information to troubleshoot this. Thanks.

A:Drive Letters under "My Computer" replaced by "Ngs for handwriting"?

Try changing the View in the View menu to "Tiles View." If that isn't it then it's something really weird.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301304-drive-letters-under-my-computer-replaced-ngs-handwriting.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Looking for some help. My wife's toshiba satellite laptop takes forever searching when you try to access My Computer or Windows Explorer. This happens from the desktop icon or thru the start menu. It seems to be searching for something that isn't there.

She is running XP Home OEM edition. Version 2002. computer has Celeron M processor 1.2 GB of ram. Being used for surfing, digital camera picture downloading, itunes, MS Office stuff. there is alot of Toshiba stuff in the add/delete list. not sure what is necessary and what isn't.

Thanks.

PS checked MS database. it said to go into Adminstrator services and stop WIA. I checked this and it is already stopped on this computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delays-finding-my-computer-and-windows-explorer.638589/
Relevancy 86.43%

First of all my computer is superslow as expected when virus infected and trhere is also a program that popups very often called quot and computer superslow "bluescreens" Unwanted "antispyware", Winspywareprotect quot that certainly didnt installed quot on purpose quot I also get these kind of bluescrens when everything disappears from the startmenu and the desktop but I can still usthe programs that were running Btw I did only receive the main txt from dss exe Oh and when browsing I sometimes get a page where it says sometyhing like quot Your computer is infected do you want to fix this bla bla quot where Im supposed to press yes or no Disturbing Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Vi on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Vi exe -------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Unwanted "antispyware", superslow computer and "bluescreens" C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ADSL Software Ltd WinSpywareProtect winspywareprotect exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings Vi Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Vi exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www asus com O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - A DC D- - AE - AC - AA ADF - C WINDOWS system hgGaaWol dll O - BHO no name - FE - - C - C B- BA C F - C WINDOWS system iiffGVPJ dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program... Read more

Relevancy 86.43%

here a stumper for me. . . maybe one of you knows how to fix it...

when in my computer, if i double click on any of the drives, it opens up a search window instead of opening the folder! its sooo annoying. I have to right click and select 'open' every time.

if i right click, the menu opens there and 'search' is on the top in bold instead of 'open'.

i dont know how i messed it up, but if you know how to change the default action.
PLEASE HELP!!!

thanks in advance for any help

-kio

SOLVED THANK YOU THANK YOU!

A:default action "search" instead of "open"?! (in my computer)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-action-search-instead-of-open-in-my-computer.643863/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello, nice peoples that provide so many fixes to make Windows suck less.

I've been looking for hours, but the terms are so general I can't find anything. When I open up Windows Explorer, the "Computer", my profile folder, and the Recycle Bin all appear under "Desktop". Which makes finding things a pain in the butt.

Is there any way to set those items as their own icons, outside of Desktop, and remove them from under Desktop? Basically, I want to see this:

-Computer
└C:\
└Folder
└Folder
└...
└D:\

-Desktop
└Folder
└...

-senselocke
└Downloads
└Favorites
└...

-Recycle Bin

I know you guys have found a ton of tweaks for Windows 7, but this one has bugged me for a while now. Has anyone found a way to get something sort of like that?

A:Move "Computer" and "[username]" out from under Desktop in Explorer?

Hello Senselocke,

You could use the tutorial below to add the User Folder (ex: senselocke) as a separate group in the navigation pane.User Folder - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane
You could use the tutorial below to add the Recycle Bin as a separate group in the navigation pane.Recycle Bin - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane
You might also see if unchecking the Show all folders option in the navigation pane may help get you closer.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/178441-move-computer-username-out-under-desktop-explorer.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I m a new-commer and have been following this thread avidly and taking everyone s advice as I too have identicle problem to Chaz and other bloke i e my PC XP is open taking "My ages XP and to "Explorer" Computer" very slow shows torch when you open quot My Computer quot XP "My Computer" and "Explorer" taking ages to open for secs and when I use Explorer takes ages to find a web address so I m using Firefox which is fine Been bothering me for months tried RWnewson s registry and didn t work i don t have Created shortcut direct to C drive to bypass quot My Computer quot delay however while this works PC is becoming worse as when I move any files from one folder to another within the C drive the PC can t cope and stops responding HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanc ed quot NoNetCrawling quot dword anyway My computer is not part of a home network nor does it say searching when I open My computer This did all start when I installed software for new digital camera and webcam Uninstalled cameras but still runs slow Bugger Help Tried registry cleaner and various virus killers There is nothing threatening Interestingly when I end process for sychost exe everything works fine but then Windows closes down in seconds PLEASE HELP You all seem interested in Hyjack this report so here is mine Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Documents and Settings DELL Application Data Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www wanadoo co uk iesearch default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www wanadoo co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer Provided By Wanadoo O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C DOCUME DELL APPLIC SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C DOCUME DELL APPLIC SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - Toolbar Wanadoo - B D- FD- -B C- A F EE - C WINDOWS system WSBar dll O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Documents and Settings DELL Application Data Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe quot Q O - Extra context menu item Search with Wanadoo - res C WINDOWS system WSBar dll VSearch htm O - Extra button Spyware Doctor - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - C DOCUME DELL APPLIC SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip B - BDC- D -A - F C F AB NameServer nbsp

A:XP "My Computer" and "Explorer" taking ages to open

assuming you ran spyware and adaware cleanups, i would suggest reinstalling windows..... Windows (every version) will eventually slow down and not respond, act very unstable, not cooperate, and eventually it will commit suicide and give you major blue screens. then the computer has problems booting... a reinstall (a fresh reinstall preferebly) would probably fix it.....

could you post your system specs? that may help a little bit...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-my-computer-and-explorer-taking-ages-to-open.411678/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi there I have noticed that my drive letters shown in disk management are different from those being shown in "list volume" in the windows recovery console command prompt. Below are some pictures, number one showing my current partition setup with the drive letters and number two-four showing what is shown in "list volume" in the windows recovery console command prompt.

SEE PIC #1 ; SEE PIC #2, SEE PIC #3, SEE PIC #4

NOTE: If I do a "list volume" in a non recovery console command prompt the drive letters are shown as they are shown in disk management.

A:Drive letter in "list volume" WRE is different from "My Computer" Fix?

I believe that is normal since the recovery console assigns letters based on which partition it sees first. It is not aware of the fact that the System Reserved partition doesn't get a drive letter assigned as does Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292338-drive-letter-list-volume-wre-different-my-computer-fix.html
Relevancy 86.43%

After last night i have re-turn on my computer about five minutes ago i see on quot My Computer quot i have a new quot strange quot system drive named F C and D it's my HD E it's dvd burner whit label quot SYSTEM quot and i have tryed to access and result inaccessible The size it's about MB and it's be filled but i can see what's inside and i don't have idea what's is that i thinks it's possible there's sometighs like a quot hidden quot partition but i don't even idea because now it's appears on quot My Computer quot Yesterday and last night before it's? been What's Computer". drive "My Strange has on appears "SYSTEM" i go to sleep and turn off Strange "SYSTEM" drive has been appears on "My Computer". What's it's? this same pc there's no listed here If it's necessary i can post some pics or info about it apparently there's a FAT partition EDIT I can add this info about this i have opened the diskmgmt msc and here i can't see nothings about this newest drive F look at here And here the the disk manager no F appears

A:Strange "SYSTEM" drive has been appears on "My Computer". What's it's?

See:

what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62897-strange-system-drive-has-been-appears-my-computer-whats-its.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Here s a strange one All of my DVD-RW drives are appearing as Local Disks when I view them in quot My Computer quot Moist of the drives in question are external firewire and DVD-RW As Drives In Disks" Listed "My "Local Computer" USB however my integrated DRD-RW is also effected Oddly all of the drives are fully functional when used for burning playing media and they all appear properly in the Windows Disk Management console and applications that would require optical media burning software and the like That being the case I guess this is more in the quot annoyance quot category as functionality is not the DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" problem In any case I have tried all the quick fixes I can think of i e change drive letters and reboot uninstall DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" and search for new hardware disable enable In all of the above operations the drives briefly re-appear in quot My Computer quot all listed simply as quot CD Drive quot However once I ve accessed any DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" of the drives they revert to quot Local Disk quot This is a rather new W x PC Didn t notice anything strange with the drives initially The problem just sort of appeared after a reboot Any explanations suggestions appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

I am running Windows on an iMac with VMware Fusion Everything was fine for three months Then slowly problems started showing up A notice would come up saying that Windows Explorer wasn t working and needed to close re-booted So far it is still only occasionally Then the screen size display began to change EVERY time Windows was restarted The change was to a different size not Computer" Windows "My 7, and in trash files "moving" each time changed it back It is getting to be a real pain Now the quot My Computer quot screen only works occasionally in the beginning I rebooted Now that doesn t help When it doesn t work - the box is mostly blank with a horizontal quot thermometer quot where Windows 7, files not "moving" in trash and "My Computer" the words quot my computer belong quot slowly moving across the top Even when the line is filled the quot my computer quot screen doesn t fill in When I do get a screen I am only able to move files or folders for a short time After that I get a square when clicked on says quot calculating quot Windows 7, files not "moving" in trash and "My Computer" - and it never finishes This happens with moving many or only two or three files I am also unable to Windows 7, files not "moving" in trash and "My Computer" click and highlight several random files with the control key held This also happens with the recycle bin I am unable to delete the files there I have a GHz Intel Core Duo with GB MHz I use three different registry cleaners had lots of problems before Windows and am not too happy with and a Malware program I have a software program that offers a repair feature on its disc Is there any chance that Windows offers this Please please can you solve any of these problems especially the file moving one I am so-o-o tired of having a computer with problems I started with ME so you know how bad things have been Thank you for any help you can give me - I m at my wits end TaliaGabby nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-files-not-moving-in-trash-and-my-computer.891820/
Relevancy 86.43%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did a SFC and the final thing was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard open etc panel" "control recycle bin, computer", "my Cannot Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE Cannot open "my computer", "control panel" recycle bin, etc exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run Ashampoo PopUpBlocker C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background... Read more

A:Cannot open "my computer", "control panel" recycle bin, etc

Hello and welcome to TSF

Apologises for the delay getting to your log. The helpers here are all volunteers and we have been very busy lately. If you are still having malware problems, follow instructions below.

=======

You are using an outdated version of Hijackthis. Please uninstall from Add/Remove programs, and delete your current version.

Next, download HijackThis to your desktop

Alternate link

Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis

Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.

Should it not open, navigate to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis and double click on HijackThis.exe

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Do not post that log, instead, do this next:

=====================================================

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.
What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

===========
Logs Required
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\main.txt
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt<----Attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc-254934.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I recently noticed that I no longer have a "My Computer" icon or a "My Documents" icon on my desktop. I tried to restore by right clicking on desktop, clicking Properties, clicking Desktop tab, and clicking Customize desktop. The problem is once there, both the my computer and my documents are greyed and can't be selected. I'm clueless as to how they disappeared although I was also missing the calculator and the recycle bin. Fortunately, I've found a way to get those back but I'm at a loss as to resolving the missing my computer and my documents icons.

All help will be most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Lost "My Computer" and "My Documents" icons from desktop

Try a System Restore point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-computer-and-my-documents-icons-from-desktop.958171/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I am having a problem BSOD "Bad Mode Nonpage Area" and Header" In Runs Safe "Page Pool in with my newer computer I just got this rig a few months ago and never had a problem until last Thursday It Blue Screened on me while I was installing ARC GIS From then on it randomly crashes I have previously installed ARC GIS and never had a problem I keep things updated windows and BSOD "Bad Pool Header" and "Page In Nonpage Area" Runs in Safe Mode drivers and I do think windows forced through an BSOD "Bad Pool Header" and "Page In Nonpage Area" Runs in Safe Mode update earlier that day I un installed ARC GIS and the windows update didn't make any difference I have also ran the Windows Mem test and Auslogic BoostSpeed Registry repair I keep getting quot Bad Pool Header quot and quot Page In Nonpage Area quot and I can't seem to find something that triggers it So far it hasn't crashed in Safe Mode without network access I tried it once with access and it crashed Currently have windows checking the drives for errors I have I think I attached the proper dump files This is my work computer so this is kind of causing a big problem Thanks in advanced for the help

A:BSOD "Bad Pool Header" and "Page In Nonpage Area" Runs in Safe Mode

Welcome aboard.

The crash dump you supplied, suggests the display driver failed there.

Code:
fffff880`0c995858 fffff880`10018000Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x980000
Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, follow option two to search for the appropriate driver for your system automatically, and install it.
Let us know how it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264019-bsod-bad-pool-header-page-nonpage-area-runs-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi. Start menu -> I can only see shut down, or sleep, depending on how it's configured, but to access other power options I have to click on the small white arrow to the right of the power button.

So if the default setting of the big button is shutdown then it's a hassle to choose sleep because I have to click on the oh so small button arrow thing.

There's loads of room at the bottom right of my start menu so please tell me how to have a shutdown button AND a sleep button, because I frequently use both functions and don't want to have to choose only one for quick access. Cheers

A:Start menu -> Shutdown Button - "shut down" and "sleep"

It's that difficult to click the arrow?

There is/are gadget(s) with this functionality.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/36455-start-menu-shutdown-button-shut-down-sleep.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Yesterday my PC crashed and now I can only mode: safe start Please "Consumer "code31" Devices" help! IR working in not can only use it in Safe Mode I have tried the self repair thing which has Please help! can only start in safe mode: "Consumer IR Devices" not working "code31" done nothing The first time it happened it allowed me to start from a system restore point but then it crashed again and now doing a system restore doesn't even let me start up windows normally I looked in the quot device manager quot driver section and it has an exclamation mark next to the quot Consumer IR Devices quot in the quot System Devices quot section and It says quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code quot I click on quot check for solutions quot it doesn't do anything and I have tried uninstalling and restarting the computer and also the quot update driver quot option but it says windows has determined it is up to date Does anyone have any solutions this is soooooo frustrating Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Please help! can only start in safe mode: "Consumer IR Devices" not working "code31"

Welcome
Lets try to diagnose, go in with safe mode and set up clean boot. Does that worK
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If yes follow instructions to find the problem
If no
Go in via safe mode find out the necessary information about the driver then go to the website to download to desktop. Then install.
Follow this tut to up date the driver
Device Manager - Install Driver
If it cannot be updated in this way, follow to step 7 and go to website and explained above.

If you unistall the driver, you can use automatic update.

I am not sure if that is your problem, however.
You may want to go in via, safe mode and set up a new account.
Download Security Essentials
and Malwarebytes and check for virus and malware. Do the full scan and update first.
If the new account does indeed work for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/285267-please-help-can-only-start-safe-mode-consumer-ir-devices-not-working-code31.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Yesterday my PC crashed and now I can only use it in Safe Mode I have been through the Windows self repair program which has done nothing The first in "code31" working safe IR only Devices" not start Can "Consumer PC mode: time it happened it allowed me to start from a system restore point but then it crashed again and now doing a system restore doesn t even let me start up windows normally I looked in the quot device manager quot driver section and it has an exclamation mark next to the quot Consumer IR Devices quot in the quot System Devices quot section and It says quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot Can only start PC in safe mode: "Consumer IR Devices" not working "code31" load the drivers Can only start PC in safe mode: "Consumer IR Devices" not working "code31" required for this device Code quot Further details Can only start PC in safe mode: "Consumer IR Devices" not working "code31" quot Driver Provider Microsoft quot quot Driver Version quot I click on quot check for solutions quot it doesn t do anything and I have tried uninstalling and restarting the computer and also the quot update driver quot option but it says windows has determined it is up to date Does anyone have any solutions for this I have been googling for a solution for hours and haven t came across any solutions apart from that it could potentially be to do with video card drivers or RAM Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Can only start PC in safe mode: "Consumer IR Devices" not working "code31"

BTW here is my basic system details:

Philips Freevents, (desktop PC)

Windows Vista, Home Premium, Service pack 2
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40 GHz
2 GB RAM
32 Bit

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-start-pc-in-safe-mode-consumer-ir-devices-not-working-code31.963833/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi.

I accidentally pulled the plug out of my computer when it was in the middle of shutting down. Now that I've tried to reboot it, I get a screen saying:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

Whenever I click on any of the options above, I always ends up back at the same screen, suggest the above options again. I've tried rebooting I again a few times but nothing works?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Relevancy 84.28%

hello there, I have some questions, why do I get bluescreen errors, when I start my computer or when I shut my computer down? things that I found on the blue screen is "prl_boot.sys" for sometimes. my computer never got Bluescreen on normal use..

Here's the zip:
SF_19-12-2012.zip

Any answer would be highly appreciated! thank you

A:BSOD on "Starting Windows" and "Shutting Down..."

Run this

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Uninstall Parallels Tools 7.0

From the drivers list Intel Raid StorPort Driver is the oldest driver which dates 2005.

iirsp iirsp Kernel 12/14/2005 5:47:54 AM

update it from here

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

also your IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff8b0f9e5ab15, 0, fffff88001c6e826, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for prl_boot.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for prl_boot.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : prl_boot.sys ( prl_boot+2826 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8b0f9e5ab15, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88001c6e826, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800048fc100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800048fc1c0
fffff8b0f9e5ab15 Paged pool

FAULTING_IP:
prl_boot+2826
fffff880`01c6e826 833cb000 cmp dword ptr [rax+rsi*4],0

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88006b55a30 -- (.trap 0xfffff88006b55a30)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff8a010f95209 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000001200
rdx=0000000168be5cc1 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001c6e826 rsp=fffff88006b55bc0 rbp=00000000002617e2
r8=fffff88001c76288 r9=00000000dca12a29 r10=0000000000002a29
r11=fffff8a0018617e2 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
prl_boot+0x2826:
fffff880`01c6e826 833cb000 cmp dword ptr [rax+rsi*4],0 ds:fffff8a0`10f95209=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800046738af to fffff800046ccfc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06b558c8 fffff800`046738af : 00000000`00000050 fffff8b0`f9e5ab15 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06b55a30 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06b558d0 fffff800`046cb0ee : 00000000`00000000 fffff8b0`f9e5ab15 fffff800`0464e000 fffff880`01c76201 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x437c1
fffff880`06b55a30 fffff880`01c6e826 : fffff880`01c76201 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`06b55bc0 fffff880`01c76201 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 00000000`00000010 : prl_boot+0x2826
fffff880`06b55bc8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 00000000`00000010 00000000`002617e2 : prl_boot+0xa201
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269794-bsod-starting-windows-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, I have a Lenovo R61i laptop that uses XP pro as its platform. I recently had to start from scratch, but now, when I tried to download photos from my Canon Exilim EX-V8 onto my hard drive, I see no "removable disc" icon under "My computer." Can anyone please help me download the photos?

Relevancy 84.28%

I recently installed Windows 8.1. I didn't like all the folders under Computer so I registry tweaked it to remove all the libraries folders. However, later on, I accidentally dragged the Downloads folder from Favorites onto the Computer tab and now there's a Download folder listed under Computer (but only shown in the navigation pane). Right clicking shows no option to remove it. Its stuck there. HELP !!!

A:How To Remove "Downloads" Folder Under "Computer" Tab

Hello AcerK,

Restoring your Downloads folder to it's default location using OPTION TWO in the tutorial below may be able to help remove it from the navigation pane afterwards.

User Folders - Restore Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52406-how-remove-downloads-folder-under-computer-tab.html
Relevancy 84.28%

This is a question regarding a computer that intermittently hangs at sign out When it hangs the screen goes black and no commands are possible The only recovery is to depress and hold the power button on Out" Occasionally Computer "Sign "Hangs" The computer is a laptop Toshiba Satellite L -C that was purchased in March and came with Windows Again the hang randomly occurs during sign out and will occur maybe or times every sign outs No other operating problems have been noticed I have tried to isolate the source of this problem but no success I have run a sfc scan and no problems were detected I have run the DISM tool and no problems were detected I have disabled the anti-virus and the hang still occurs The primary programs and applications that are installed are ESET anti-virus Office Firefox Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out" browser and Goggle Earth No games have been installed are run Of course some games came with the system but none has ever been activated The system has been rebuilt -times in an attempt to rectify the problem As additional info Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out" the hang has occurred during sign out after a period of no usage after a restart Any guidance on isolating and or correcting the problem would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/51658-computer-occasionally-hangs-sign-out.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi There My email contacts from MOST of my emails are sending out quot False quot emails apparently from me That are not obviously from me and as it may say in quot Subject Line quot Re My Name quot most of my contacts security advises not to open the emails When I was using a temporary Bigpond Pre-Paid wireless stick and topped it up every days it was obvious something was wrong Upon calling Bigpond tec they could see the programme running in the background as quot file Scanning quot and would refer it to the police We my husband and I quot think quot we know who has bought the programme to do this has reason to watch email Scanning" "Hacked" Rather "File Computer conversations Computer "Hacked" Rather "File Scanning" between family business and high computer knowledge not calling anyone anyone here a geek quot I m here Our super cool Bank Manager prior sold programmes to IBM no slouch and we told him our suspicions as we blocked all our bank accounts Computer "Hacked" Rather "File Scanning" Wisely he advised it isn t the money as would be gone but malicious and watching all correspondence with a good reason to as is a high ranked employee in a family run business My bank manager with my permission shall legally look at my computer from his end but wont illegally advise the person s IP address location understandably but would forward to the Police if we wish him to Sorry looong post my st he has put me into the direction of quot Net Stat in dos quot Does anyone know where I start or go from here I have not gone into Net Stat in dos yet as wouldn t actually know how where to start Any help would be gratefully received there has just been a death of a partner in the business and now although not pre-paid this shall give the person more reason to monitor any Company re-structuring Yes I could go elsewhere but have quot as a non-registered user quot learnt so much and advise on programmes to purchase from this site it was the st place I thought to return to - as realising who you may quot think quot it is is not always the case Many Thanks In Advance Cats nbsp

A:Computer "Hacked" Rather "File Scanning"

I have now gone to net stat after sending an email from older email address and noticed that at the same time it sent the same email to contacts in that email address (returned as not delivered) also via an email address not recognised, never heard of.
Could or am I sound daft by asking this be the searcher's fake email address.
With net stat it is just under information....information..information and audit.

Can anyone help from this point on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-hacked-rather-file-scanning.1095520/
Relevancy 84.28%

I left clicked on Local Disk C when I opened "My Computer" and for a reason that I can't understand, I got the message: POWERPOINT VIEWER CAN'T FIND THE FILE. This is the first time that I left clicked on the Local Disk Icon and it seems that it tried to open Powerpoint. I tried with the other icons inside MY COMPUTER and the same thing hapenned: it attempts to open Powerpoint Viewer. I don't remember having this problem before and don't know how to fix the problem. I made a search and found that my C drive has the following:
C:\Program Files Powerpoint Viewer
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
C:\Documents and Settings\all Users\Start Menu

I have Office 2003 Any suggestions as to what is happening and how to fix this problem?
Thanks, Metuquita...... Pls respond to my email address!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-c-local-drive-on-my-computer.608250/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, i have been living with this issue for some time now. I run XP pro, I have a 2GHZ AMD processor with 1GB of RAM. I normally leave my computer on but when I have to reboot it is painful. I run disk dfrag, adaware, spybot, cc cleaner, spyware blaster, spywareguare etc... on a regular basis. I have run Hyjack This files in the past, I have tried deleting the prefetch files. I have run MS bootVIS. Would anyone consider helping me to put this to bed. i almost think that it sounds like a hardware issue but i'm not sure how to diagnose the problem. I have gone into msconfig and reducing the programs that start at boot-up but this didn't help much.\

thanks in advance, CH

A:My computer takes 18 minutes to boot-up ""Help""

welcome

to start, make sure there are no yellow alerts in the device manager.
click view, then show hidden devices in the manager.

list your complete system specs including the supply.
once your system has windows running, does it behave accordingly? fast enough?

how many antivirus programs are installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-my-computer-takes-18-minutes-to-boot-up-help-209624.html