Windows Support Forum

Reg. HP recovery partition

Q: Reg. HP recovery partition

Hi all,
1)I have recently purchased HDX1155CA Laptop.I got 280 gb single partition.I want to make repartition the hard drive.Whether i can use recovery software located recovery drive to restore the original OS into repartitioned drive using recovery drive present in laptop.

2)I want to install windows 7.whether i can recover to original vista using recovery partition available with system.

Regards
Shankar

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Reg. HP recovery partition

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Reg. HP recovery partition

Leave the partitions the way they are, upgrade to Windows 7 but leave the restore partition intact. Then when and if you want to restore back to factory specs then just do a system restore.
You can also make recovery disks for you computer then you can do whatever you want to the partitions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reg-hp-recovery-partition.127981/
Relevancy 52.89%

Since I'm not an expert at present I can't do a lot to help others in this forum solve their problems So I figure that the most helpful thing I can do is post enough information that hopefully others can learn from my experiences That's why I'm putting so much documentation Partition Resize Partition Failure Recovery 2) (Part - PW found issues into this thread I have a WD TB external hard drive that I use for both System Image and data file backups A week ago I was trying to resize one of its partitions and the process got hung up partway through I took some steps to try to address any problems that may have resulted but apparently I didn't do enough Here's the background nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by LaurieD I was using Paragon Hard Disk Manager to resize a partition on a WD TB external hard drive I let the process run overnight and somehow it was interrupted during the Quick Data Moving step Upon resuming the program indicated Resize Partition Failure (Part 2) - PW Partition Recovery found issues it had data that still needed to be moved so I let it continue The process apparently stopped at the quot Rebuilding Partitions Info quot stage - neither the percent complete nor the elapsed time nor the time had remaining changed for at least the past - hours Until it suddenly stopped the elapsed time had been steadily growing I've attached a screenshot showing the Paragon dashboard and status windows nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by LaurieD Update When I began to deal with the issue here were the results - I was able to close the Paragon app and its various windows without having to force it to close - I was able to reboot my laptop without having to force anything to close - Upon reboot I could see all of my partitions both on my internal drive and my external drive I immediately ran CHKDSK on each partition and each one passed with no errors except for the partition I had been trying to re-size - It had a corrupt attribute that said it was fixed and part of the free space was changed to show as being allocated - When I checked that space through Disk Management it had been set up as its own partition rather than being added to the partition I was trying to expand and in fact several sections of unallocated space were showing up in odd places - but the partitions that hold data appeared to be intact and the same size as they were before I started and I could see the files and folders that had been there before http www sevenforums com software -resize-partition-failure-process-stopped-no-error-message html

A:Resize Partition Failure (Part 2) - PW Partition Recovery found issues

I read about PW Partition Recovery in one of the tutorials, so I ran a Quick Scan of the entire 2TB drive, with the following results (see screen shot).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365768-resize-partition-failure-part-2-pw-partition-recovery-found-issues.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi
As the topic says; after installation of a fresh copy from the original disc win7, my second partition "D" has been renamed itself to the Recovery Partition. You can see it only in the application "Disk Management". I do not have access into it at all. When I click the right mouse button ?help? option appears only . There are very important files to me.
I tried to use EASEUS Partition Master but I'm afraid of losing data.
Please help.

A:[SOLVED] After win7 install, 2nd partition has renamed itself to Recovery Partition

Have you taken the install disc out ? Sounds dumb but the d: partition is generally a reserved partition and indicates your CD-ROM drive, to me it looks like your install disc, the file system is UDF which is universal disc format, you have two recovery partitions on top. Remove the disk, reboot. Then choose a different letter other than D for your recovery partition.. Best to start with z

The fact that the file encryption is UDF, you will not have the ability to modify it, its not NTFS, FAT or FAT32.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-after-win7-install-2nd-partition-has-renamed-itself-to-recovery-partition-1002346.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

currently I am using vista ultimate. I have only one partition (C:)

i want to install vista home premium onto (C:) but my dvd/cd drive does not work. I do not have (or want to use) a portable DVD/CD drive to reformat.

Im thinking of creating another partition (D:) and then transfering the "bootable folder for home premium", from another computer to (D:) via usb drive.

Can I boot from this new partition (D:) and reformat (C:)?

thanks.

A:HELP! No CD Drive, want to make recovery partition to format main partition

Hi -

Shrink the HDD --> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...n-my-hard-disk

However, Vista must be installed from DVD.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-no-cd-drive-want-to-make-recovery-partition-to-format-main-partition-508557.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Is there a way to boot directly off of D:(recovery partition) so i can restore my gateway laptop to factory settings? Right now I get a "BOOTMGR is missing" error message. The C: drive is completely gone, but like i said, the recovery partition is intact.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I tried hitting f11 at startup to bring up gateways recovery menu, but again nothing. I have the windows vista recovery environment disc also if that helps.

A:Formatted Windows Vista partition, but i still have the Recovery partition on D:

There are files on c: used by the recovery partition on d:

Boot with your Vista recovery DVD and reinstall Vista.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/formatted-windows-vista-partition-but-i-still-have-the-recovery-partition-on-d-535854.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I deleted the unwanted recovery partitions on windows 8.1 using  'Diskpart'.The unallocated memories were created but they cannot be used to extend any other partitions even by using Diskpart.I am just able to create them as normal partitions buth
not by combining them but each seperately.Any solution for this...pls...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15804476-8890-4a13-b739-6b29c4999e3b/cannot-use-the-unallocated-partition-of-recovery-partition-to-extend-other-partitions?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Need some help. I recently bought Acer Aspire 5560G. It comes with 500GB HDD with only one partition which is drive C. There are 2 hidden partitions as well. I would like to split my drive C in 2 partitions without effecting my Recovery partition. Is it possible??? if yes than what's the best way?? Help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Hard Drive Partition Without Effecting Recovery Partition

I think the easiest way to accomplish that is to shrink your C: partition. That will create unallocated space. And the unallocated space can be used to create a new partition.

Partition or Volume - Shrink

Partition or Volume - Create New

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/253969-hard-drive-partition-without-effecting-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Will Vista Recovery Disk Work if there is No Recovery Partition?
Thanks all.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I've used the recovery media creator to create a USB flash drive recovery media.

If i then use that to restore the Windows 7 installation onto a new hard drive (as SSD) will that drive itself have the recovery media partition on it?

So if I then lose the USB stick could I restore again by holding down zero when powering on?

Or does it recover the Windows partition and nothing more?

Thank you

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91105-Satellite-C650-14U-Does-recovery-media-create-recovery-partition
Relevancy 51.6%

Product Name and Operating system DV el windows ultimate bit Hi I have this laptop for the last years and never used the recovery option as I didn't need to the recovery partition is there never been formated now my windows is too slow and wanted to restore it to factory install settings but not partition and working recovery tomake activ couldn't Recovery able when i press the F button in the start to boot in to recover mode it just take me to windows boot screen without giving an error I did some research and found out that i have to make the recovery partition as active partition but the problem is that i couldn't do it as there is no such option to make the partition active in WINDOWS DISK MANEGEMENT and couldn't see the recovery partition in DISK PART in windows images will be attatched if needed actually there was no error so that's why I didn't upload any image thanks in advance hoping i will get a reply here

A:Recovery not working and couldn't able tomake recovery partition activ

100+ views and no reply ... seems like an over rated windows forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/316879-recovery-not-working-couldnt-able-tomake-recovery-partition-activ.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Environment Deleted. Recovery Missing Recovery -System Partition everyone I Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. m stuck in a pretty bad situation right now and I have no idea about how to help myself So recently I ve been wanting to reset my Windows laptop amp I just cannot because my recovery environment is missing First when I got this problem I thought there would be an easy-intermediate level fix like every other problem and I love fixing stuff But this one doesn t look like an easy fix or I m not even sure If there is a fix Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. So the big mistake I did was I deleted my quot System Recovery Partition quot I have searched everywhere possible and I m not Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. getting a fix I would really appreciate IF YOU GUYS HELP ME and another problem is that I don t live in the USA or Canada I ve got a nbsp Dell Inspiron R GB RAM intel i u and Dell provides Backup Media to only the people who live in the US and Canada Please guys I need a solution I have a separate Windows Installation Disk but what I m scared about is If I install my Windows from the disk my Dell features would be gone and I don t think I d be able to have a proper Recovery Environment in the future because this Disk s installation files are nothing related to nbsp Dell Its just a clean Windows installation disk I got from my friend a while ago I ve tried the repair my computer option from the disk and it does not help Thank you

A:Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted.

Hi ahmedrahamathulla,
Please private message us the system service tag and region you are located so that I can check the available options and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19622910
Relevancy 51.6%

I am working on my sisters Toshiba L d-S notebook windows gb amd v processor gb drive Started with error msg at boot quot encountered a problem communicating with create from as to partition mounted usb-external drive recovery how recovery dvd's a device at startup quot Couldn t get by this error took out drive inserted into usb-enclosure and tested numerous sector errors She has also lost the recovery disks I made for her I used partition software to scan just the recovery partition and there are no errors reported there What I would like to do is to copy to a flash drive or make new recovery dvd s from this recovery partition then I can use the coa from the back of the notebook if necessary how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive for full install onto a new hard drive However I can t use the toshiba notebook for this I can only use my desktop pc for the xfer using the toshiba hard drive as a usb external drive and the toshiba media creator software will not install onto my desktop pc doesn t give me a reason I would prefer to go the dvd-route but flash drive would be ok too Any info is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-create-recovery-dvds-from-recovery-partition-mounted-as-usb-external-drive.1111084/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 417NR having problems. It was bought used and at some point started having  cd-drive malfunctions where it no longer detected hardware and the drive didn't work. I reloaded completely from the recovery partition, it worked fine several days and I was able to install office but after that it stopped working again. I have tried an external usb cd drive but that doesn't work either. At this point, I'm thinking it has driver issues from the recovery and I'd need to buy the disk from HP but I'd like a second opinion as they are not free.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is? I've never had this happen on a fresh install...

A:Driver issues on fresh HP recovery from recovery partition

could you check on device manager does any yellow or red exclamation?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528118/driver-issues-on-fresh-hp-recovery-from-recovery-partition/
Relevancy 51.17%

hp 241 g1 laptop given by rajasthan govt., india to schooler students !My son  received these laptop with pre installed genuine win 8.1 with ms office 2013 & other educational software.but we received these laptop with already removed recovery partition !!so i can't able to create recovery disk !! for this issue i contact hp support care number. but they say they have not any recovery media !!How to solved this issue ? how to make recovery disk myself if recovery partition removed? my mobile no. is : 9460410231 email : [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-make-recovery-disk-myself-if-recovery-partition/td-p/5631806
Relevancy 51.17%

COULD NOT FIND RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT I know it's a redundant thread but I think I'm having a different scenario Specs nothing's changed except I did reinstall win - win x single languange - TB HDD THE SCENARIO There was a Unable recovery fix recovery Lost to partition / ASUS time when I want to resize my drive C to smaller partition I used Easus Partion Manager to do so to dumb I was After rebooting my system could not start The BSOD showed up RECOVERY PC needs repair blah x Error code x I was able to manage to repair and I came back up fine using a tutorial in youtube using bcdboot C Windows s any drive letter s uefi At this point I downloaded a new copy of windows SL thru quot mediacreationtool quot as a legit copy i suppose and then I reinstalled using the ISO from MS now I'm totally OK at least at the moment THE ISSUE Seems like everything's working as it is Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery now but as soon as I try to press F upon boot up same error popup Error Code x and again I got used to doing the bcdboot method NOW this quot Restore quot partition the size of GB and appeared and it had something in it some files I think This wasn't there before and after reinstallation of win SL IT ONLY appeared when I pressed F then I repaired it using bcdboot MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery If there's a way that I could restore my notebook pc back to day one Or am i that close close enough If this could be fixed I know its risky but I will take it as a new learning curve Or will I just have to accept that I'm doomed and there's no way to possibly get it back Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery and learn from it Am I still having that original recovery drive that ASUS provide when the laptop was purchased based on the screenshots expanded view of the Restore partition Referring to user genet here I used the methods to possibly recover the lost partition I also set the ID's to recovery and enabled the reagentc exe reagentc enabled I did tried every thread I could find that could help me some were posted by genet After setting ID's to recovery here's what happen the Restore partition was gone but it's still here MRE partitions that were set with recovery ID outlined in blue Outlined in red is the Restore partition but this time it has no drive letter Then after a series of procedures I've done here's what I got gt gt gt gt I guess I'd totally messed up my system Im in an endless loop IDK what steps I need to revert or to continue on doing I'm in great trouble right now BUT the Recovery Index location is still empty p s I tried my best to be as detailed as possible I need your help guys I totally lost it

A:Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery

So Im not entirely certain on what you are asking here. Your computer is unusable right now, or you cant get the recovery partition to work correctly?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71303-unable-fix-recovery-partition-asus-lost-recovery.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to set up my Zbook G It is a refurbished model with set up warranty til I just got it amp it was upgraded to win There was no recovery partition on the hardrive nbsp I upgraded to the win aniversary edition amp have been updating software drivers as per HP support suggestions nbsp It was recommended to create a system recovery thru a HP support message which I attempted to do but there was an error amp it failed which led to a empty recovery partition being made on the harddrive nbsp Here is the summary amp details I am trying to delete this empty recovery partition but right clicking in disk management is not giving me anything Can someone please advise a solution nbsp Tried to create System Recovery as suggested by HP support Launch recovery media creation tool amp it attempted to make a recovery disc amp partitioned the hard drive The recovery failed error AstorA sys System Thread Exception not handled amp a empty recovery partition was made I am trying to delete this partition amp gain back the MB space nbsp This entry was made in Recovery Partition System Er... Empty Delete to Recovery How HP PBR Diskpart Notepad same day nbsp rem ResetPartitions-BIOS txt convert mbrrem System partition create partition primary size format quick fs How to Delete Empty Recovery Partition HP System Recovery Er... ntfs label System assign letter S activerem Windows partition rem a Create the Windows partition create partition primaryrem b Create space for the recovery tools partition shrink minimum rem c Prepare the Windows partition format quick fs ntfs label Windows assign letter W rem Windows RE tools partition create partition primaryformat quick fs ntfs label Windows RE tools assign letter T set id x list volumeexit nbsp nbsp Thank You in advance for your help nbsp I checked file explorer amp the partition does not show It's an unnamed partition with no letter assigned so I am not sure if the laptop came with this empty partition amp I never noticed it I 'm not sure if I checked disk management before but I thought I had Its been a bit hectic amp confusing as I updated computers so the various details are sort of merging nbsp Anyway even if the created recovery error did not make the partition I can't find a date t was made I still would like to remove it as its empty I have a GB HDD but still I don t like a almost GB partition just doing nothing nbsp Any advise is appreciated nbsp UpdateThis thread in MS addresses it IT's a hidden unnamed recovery partition so it may hae been just made from the create recovery error or it was always there amp I never noticed it nbsp https social technet microsoft com Forums en-US f b ac-b - e - a-f d e cant-delete-e nbsp There is a way to assign a letter to the drive amp unhide it described in bottom of the previous threadso disk manage can delete it nbsp nbsp Still would like to remove it if its not How to Delete Empty Recovery Partition HP System Recovery Er... needed It is empty but there have been some who have reported after removal that the system did not function so I am trying to be careful nbsp I thought maybe the error created this partition but maybe it was always there amp I am obsessing for nothing Just trying to keep my system clean nbsp Thanks for taking the time to help me address this concern nbsp Diskpart lists this nbsp Partition Primary GB offset KBPartition Recovery MB Offset GB nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-Delete-Empty-Recovery-Partition-HP-System-Recovery/td-p/5720269
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone I'm a technician at TigerDirect and for one of our services we create recovery media for newly purchased machines For Windows machines As I'm sure you know we cannot create recovery disks and have to create a recovery drive using a flash drive On multiple occasions I have attempted to create the recovery drive using a CENTON gb USB stick and have selected the option to copy the recovery partition The process proceeds normally until it starts copying the recovery partition It will complete - of the copy and then all drive activity will stop The unit still works partition recovery Cannot win8 copy -- recovery creation perfectly fine but the flash drive is not indicating any read write and it stays on whatever percentage it stopped on continuously with no change I'm curious if anyone else has run into this before The current machine I'm working on is an ASUS G V running Windows not Pro The other machines we've had the same issues with have been multiple different ASUS models as well as a few Toshiba's and HPs Cannot copy recovery partition -- win8 recovery creation Any help is appreciated thank you -- fragment

A:Cannot copy recovery partition -- win8 recovery creation

Welcome to EightForums.

Try setting the HD Drive to never turn OFF.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14744-cannot-copy-recovery-partition-win8-recovery-creation.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a customer's NB200 on the bench. It came in with complete OS failure and would not boot from either the OS partition or the Recovery Partition.

I have checked the Hard Disk and it is in perfect working order. However it seems that all is not well as I cannot get it to boot from the recovery partition even after holding doen the 0 key.

I tried to instruct it to start from the BOOT.INI file by pointing a 'revoery' option at the partition but it just comes up with an error saying <Windows Path>\system32\HAL file is either missing or corrupt. Does anyone know how I should instruct the partition to start or how I could extract the information from the image files?

A:NB200-10G Recovery Partition - Cannot start recovery process

If you check page 48 in user?s manuals you will find exact description how to start recovery installation. The procedure on this NB200 is same or, at least, similar to all notebooks delivered with HDD recovery image. Please check it.

Useful document about HDD recovery installation you can find in ?How to..? category > http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=58

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55629-NB200-10G-Recovery-Partition-Cannot-start-recovery-process
Relevancy 51.17%

i tried to use the recovery wizard on my SONY VAIO VGN-A250 Laptop and the error messaged i receieved was "VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find recovery partition" please restart computer. I restarted many times and still get the same message. I also have used the F10 key method and no luck. It wont even open the wizard. I am able to boot. Im out fo warranty and tight on cash and really need my laptop to work fast. Want to remove all from the pc so i can use for school. Please i saw a thread about same problem i had but the thread was closed. if anyone can help please do so.

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys I want to upgrade my gf's computer by putting in a new hdd that is double the size of her current hdd She has a dell which has two partitions one which is where the os is located and the with OS recovery partition [SOLVED] and partition HDD Cloning other one has a recovery partition which is activated [SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition when I press ctrl f at boot up The recovery partition is a ghost software just for further information I read something on this thread http www techsupportforum com f on- html I plan to use drive image xml to do the clones What I plan to do is to clone each partition one at a time and than restore it on the new hdd which would have the same C partion for the OS the D for the recovery partition The question that I have is if when I complete the restoring of both the partitions will I be able to activate the recovery partition just by pressing ctrl f [SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition as I did with the original hdd The reason that I am asking is because pressing ctrl f is the only way to use the recovery partition when it is needed Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition

You have to also clone the MBR and partition table. Or you might be able to use the tool from the following web site to restore the Dell proprietary MBR:
Inside the Dell PC Restore Partition

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cloning-hdd-with-os-partition-and-recovery-partition-483850.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I was running partition magic to partiton an external hard drive but partiton magic took it upon itself to do...something to my recovery partition. the recovery partition doesnt show up. its there because the other partition software i use (minipartition) sees it and can view the files. i think maybe partiton magic unlabled it or something. PLEASE help. i have no idea what to do

A:partition magic and windows 7 recovery partition

That's no problem; try giving it a letter in Device Manager.

Drive Letter - Add, Change, or Remove in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to TSF by the way!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/partition-magic-and-windows-7-recovery-partition-548308.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just lost a partition. It changed, something happened I cannot access my hard drive now.

I have used R-Studio data recovery in past and it has worked well for me. I was just wondering what other people out there think is the best data recovery software for a lost or changed partition?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-data-recovery-partition-for-a-partition-loss.784748/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys I am trying to fix this HP Compaq dx 2300 Microtower. It is running Windos XP Pro.When it is turned on there is a message on the screen that says:Boot from CDWarning: A partion overlaps your system recovery partition. Press F10 to start system recovery anyway or another key to delete the recovery partition.I did not press F10, instead i pressed any other key. The reason is because I think it will ask for a Restore CD when I press F10. and the restore CD will surely clean out everyting on the hard drive. How on earth can I get this message on screen out of the way....and is there another way around this ??Please help me......

A:A Partition Overlaps System Recovery partition

Since this is an HP specific recovery partition, I really would suggest contacting HP Technical Support as they may have better information for you.I would suggest using their online chat since it is usually faster and they are more willing to help even out of warranty (in my experience)However if they refuse to help you out of warranty. (assuming it is out of warranty)My following suggestions are assuming that you have proper HP restore media (cd/dvd) in their entirety in proper format and are not scratched or damaged.Sometimes if the recovery partition of your hard drive is damaged, even doing a recovery using the cd/dvd is not going to re-write the recovery partition, it will only reformat and recover the main user parition.For that reason what I really would suggest is to backup your files, and reformat your hard drive from another computer. Then use the restore cd's to re-write the partitions on the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194736/a-partition-overlaps-system-recovery-partition/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Samsung Ultrabook series 5 laptop..some couple of month usage i completely remove my hard drive and change the windows 8 to windows 7..when i use windows 7 i realize windows 8 is much better then windows 7 so again i clean install of windows 8. i boot drive in PXE UEFI Only Mode.​Some reserved partition created also 300MB Healthy Recovery Partition is Created.when i install a Samsung Recovery Solution Software it Says "Recovery Partition Does Not Exist"..What do i do.also when i refresh Pc it gives me Error "The Drive is Locked Where the Windows Installed"​ I want to make my Laptop like 1st time it was...

Can any one Please Help me...

A:Recovery Partition Problem.Partition Does Not Exist.

I want to make my Laptop like 1st time it was

If you did not make the factory recovery discs during the initial setup of you laptop, your only recourse at this time is to order them from the manufacturer. You have no other options available at this time to recover your laptop to "factory status."

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35177-recovery-partition-problem-partition-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 50.31%

.... but I didn't touch it.
My d:\ is not empty - it is almost 80% full but when i click on it there are no files. Tried - to the extent of my knowledge - to see if the files are hidden but didn't reach anywhere. Tried a restore point but that didnt work either. Please help

A:HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

Recovery Manager has hiccups sometimes...
Try re-booting and entering at boot.

If that fails you can order the Recovery Media from HP for a reasonable price.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237130-hp-recovery-manager-says-my-recovery-partition-has-been-removed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi.
I created a Factory Recovery Media on a Flash Drive from Dell  Backup & Recovery Panel.
Do I still need to keep the Factory Recovery Partition (6GB) on my C:\ Drive? 
Or can I delete this partition and still be able to restore my Software back to it's factory image using the bootable Recovery media Flash Drive?

TC.

A:Do I need my Recovery Partition having a Factory Recovery Media.

Hi,
Thank You for writing to us!
We would not recommend you to delete the factory image on the system,also please check the factory image that you have backed up.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19669918
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows Professional and I need about Recovery - Windows 7 Partition/Recovery methods to somehow use system recover to sort out the multiple problems The OS was installed when it was new and no WIndows OS DVD's were issued with the laptop The WIndows install is legit The problem is only the failure of Lenovo to give customers the OS DVD's with the new laptop The Lenovo warranty period has expired and their help support is less than useless The about Recovery Partition/Recovery methods - Windows 7 recovery method in the Lenovo instructions does not work I press the Novo key and F and get to the start of the recovery process where I select language and then when I click Next the process stops with an alert saying I need to log in - see system administrator So I am unable to use the built in Recovery method I read there are several other methods of recovery and two of them I have explored Mircosoft website has a software-recovery section where I can enter my Product ID Key and language and download an ISO for burning to be used as an install disk for fresh WIndow Professional install The required character Windows Key xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx which I obtained using a registration key app but is not accepted by Microsoft so I cannot proceed to download an ISO I believe the Key is correct as it matches what I recorded one year ago and is same using two different Key recovery apps The Lenovo website gave instructions for burning DVD's to be used for restoring the laptop to as released from factory settings I have successfully burned all three DVD's from the Recovery partition and since this is my last option and there is some uncertainty about whether or not I have the correct Windows Key I hesitate to proceed with this option because if I am asked to key in the Windows Key and it is not correct accepted I am in a worse position than I am was before I attempted recovery I can't find any references to exactly what happens using these reovery disks so I am uncertain if I'm going to encounter the potential for the Product key barrier So it all comes down to one question If I use these Recovery DVD's is the Windows registration key included already so I can restore to as new without hiccups If the Windows Key is stored in the recovery disks I can proceed and all will be well but if not I will be stuck

A:about Recovery Partition/Recovery methods - Windows 7

The site that you inputted your key does not accept OEM keys. Right click Computer > Properties. At the bottom of the page you will see your PID. If it has OEM in the PID then you cannot download an iso from Microsoft's site. You can input your key into the Ultimate PID checker and it will tell you the key is Valid.

If you created DVD's using lenovo's utility then you should not need to enter any key. It will be pre-activated.

When it asks you to login does it have a user and password box? Can you post a screen shot of the window?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583273/about-recovery-partitionrecovery-methods-windows-7/
Relevancy 50.31%

Well I finished my project - the program script allows me to create MBR and GPT hard drive partitions with a recovery image partition. The script also allows me to install 3 different versions of windows. and lastly it allows me to capture a recovery (push button reset) image. which can then be used to create recovery media..

Here is the Menu Snippet:
(A) CREATE A "BIOS_MBR TYPE" PARTITION STRUCTURE
(B) CREATE A "UEFI_GPT TYPE" PARTITION STRUCTURE
(C) CAPTURE AND CREATE A "BIOS_MBR TYPE" RECOVERY
(D) CAPTURE AND CREATE A "UEFI TYPE" RECOVERY
(I) INSTALL MICROSOFT WINDOWS FROM THIS USB DRIVE
(X) QUIT THIS PROGRAM

WinPE 5.1 was the preinstallation environment use for testing

A:Create a Recovery Partition and Recovery Image

Good one! I always have to go back and look up the procedure and commands when doing this. Really a help for an old brain.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/57595-create-recovery-partition-recovery-image.html
Relevancy 50.31%

yeah i was just seeing if you could make a recovery disk from the recovery partition? it wouldnt make sense to why u couldnt do it?? but how to go about it??

A:Could you make a Recovery Disc from Recovery Partition?

You would do that by creating an image. Then burn it to a cd.

Do you mean a XP recovery Console cd? or a whole system image?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/could-you-make-a-recovery-disc-from-recovery-partition-628510.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello nbsp I upgraded Recovery the HP to Using Manager Recovery delete Partition--... my notebook to Windows shortly after it was offered in August nbsp I also upgraded my main drive with a smaller SSD nbsp So now that the notebook's been running OK for almost a year I'd like to delete the recovery partition nbsp I only have a GB SSD so deleting that Recovery partition would give me almost more space on my C drive nbsp I tried using two different partition programs to do this-- both apps let me delete the partition D Recovery-- far right top but then neither will let me add the new space to the C drive nbsp There is small partition between the two and they will let me resize that partition but not the C partition nbsp nbsp I found that the HP Recovery Manager that's installed on my notebook has an option for deleting the partition Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... but Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... it doesn't say where it will put the new unallocated space but I didn't go all the way with it yet nbsp If I work through it the rest of the way will it give me the option of where to put the new unallocated space nbsp Or will it add it to the C drive automatically nbsp nbsp Below is a snapshot of the drives configuration the drive on TOP is the one in question nbsp

A:Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--...

Hi, I can see C: and D: do not sit next to each other therefore Windows Disk Manager may not like this. Please try:     http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/combine-partitions-windows-10-free.html Note: you have to delete D: first. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Using-HP-Recovery-Manager-to-delete-the-Recovery-Partition/td-p/5706070
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello! I'm a owner of a HP Mini 5101. It has a function to press F11 to return the system into the "out-of-the-box" state. But my problem starts here. When I press F11 I imediately get a screen that says Windows Boot manager on top and and error : 0xc000000e and required device is inaccessible. This started after I made a "clean" install with the DVD Windows 7 that came with the computer as I tried to avoid all the "crapware" that comes included with the new notebook. If I boot into Windows, the HP_RECOVERY partition is visible and the HP recovery image is on it. Is there anyway to get the F11 recovery back to working state? I have some BCD editing knowledge in that would help in any way with my problem..... Thank you very much! U

Solved!
View Solution.

A:F11 HP recovery doesn't boot into recovery partition

Thank you very much for getting back to me so fast.I have to apologize as I did not explain my problem in the right way. Technically I am able to boot the partition, but the problem occurs when the partition needs to boot into WinRE or WinPE I guess so that the recovery can start. The loading process gets stuck immediately at the beginning even before anything "Windows related stuff" starts loading. So about five seconds after I turn on the computer and boot into the recovery partition, or pressing F11 the error that I'm describing shows up. Update: I managed to fix my problem. After setting the recovery partition to active, and booting from the installation USB with windows 7, I managed to fix the mbr that was corrupted and the partition didn't know what to boot. So after fixing it, i had no problem running the recovery. Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/F11-HP-recovery-doesn-t-boot-into-recovery-partition/td-p/197434
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,

I am having a hard time finding the straight answer I am looking for. Could someone help me please?

My question concerns the HP brand computer...

When you create recovery discs, are they created from the recovery partition that is there to restore to factory settings or some other hidden partition?

Donna

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/391614-recovery-disc-creation-vs-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 50.31%

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab223nx (ENERGY STAR) i had upgrade windows 10 to build 10586the recovery partion had changed to letter Fand then hp recovery maneger donnt sea or know the  recovery partitioni changed the recovery driver letter again to Dbut still have the same problem

Relevancy 50.31%

i have an asus to recovery have install how partition, disc, No recovery CE netbook For whatever reason i don't have the recovery No recovery partition, have recovery disc, how to install partition on it I do however have the recovery backup that i made when i first got it It is stored on a USB external desktop hard drive toshiba TB When i boot up from it i get to the asus recovery screen but when i select either 'install to partition' or 'install to entire HD' it pops up with a message 'please insert external hard drive for backup' this makes no sense to me anyway i have tried different usb ports tried attaching another external hard drive and its made no difference it still comes up with the same thing because i don't have that recovery partition i can't go the normal route and boot straight off that on the hard drive Is there any way i can recreate that recovery partition put the backup files that are currently on the USB external drive onto the partition and then try it will that work

A:No recovery partition, have recovery disc, how to install

You're best bet by far is to follow this tutorial by Gregrocker. Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355124-no-recovery-partition-have-recovery-disc-how-install.html
Relevancy 50.31%

If you have a recovery drive - that includes the recovery partition - made on one computer, but have a toshiba laptop with a bad drive (but the recovery partition is ok), can you replace/copy the partition on the recovery drive with the recovery partition from the bad laptop HD?

My friend's laptop would not boot, and would not factory recover, reset, or refresh. I tried to clone the hard drive before I started messing with the disc. It would not clone, but I was able to copy the recovery partition to a USB drive.

He never make recovery discs, so could not re-install, but I can borrow the recovery drive that my aunt made for her laptop.

A:replace recovery partition in recovery drive?

There may be a couple problems with that. The Factory Image is too large to be just copied to a Fat32 partition, so it has to be divided in sections. You could do that using DISM and put the .swm files in the sources folder. Not even a guess as to whether it would work.

There is other information concerning the configuration of the computer making the recovery drive. If it was made on a different computer, that info would probably be incorrect and not allow a reset.

I have never tried, but you might be able to copy the Factory image to a drive formatted as NTFS and then set the recovery to look for that file for a reset. Maybe you have already copied the entire recovery partition...

If you assume the factory image is the same for both systems, can you copy the entire Recovery Image partition from the bad drive to the good drive?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/48430-replace-recovery-partition-recovery-drive.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Dear Customer Service of HP I want to inform you about all your tips about making the Recovery partition as active is not working at all. I have changed as active and nothing. Is there anything else that I can doI have pavilion dv9819wm with vista home premium. I've format drive C with windows 7 and now the F11 is not starting the recovery partition. I tried also with the makeing the recovery partition active and still nothing.I download recovery partition software from official HP site and still nothing. The instalation is starting but at one point of the instalation it says "The recovery manager setup has stop working" and there is no solution online.Please if you can help me to get my original software. Thankking you in advanced

A:Re: F11 HP recovery doesn't boot into recovery partition

sounds like you need to order a set of recovery disks from hp, you can usually find them online at www.hp.com/support

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-F11-HP-recovery-doesn-t-boot-into-recovery-partition/td-p/217062
Relevancy 50.31%

hello
i deleted lenovo  recovery partition on g510 laptop and don't have recovery dvd.
i need to recover laptop to original state.
please help me

Moderator comment: Post split out of Knowledgebase. Subject edited to match content.

A:[G510] Recovery partition deleted and no Recovery ...

hi izadfard

Welcome to the Forums.

If you didn't create a recovery drive (using this method) then I recommend you contact lenovo on how to obtain a copy of the recovery disc which restores the preloaded Win8 OS, drivers, and apps.

Alternatively, if the machine came preloaded Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you can try the following:

For Windows 8:
1. Obtain a Windows 8 installation disc and use it to reinstall Windows (if the system is preloaded with Windows 8, the installation will automatically detect the Win8 product key in the UEFI Firmware / BIOS and will automatically activate Windows).
2. From here, you can obtain the drivers from the G510 drivers page and/or upgrade to Windows 8.1 via the Windows Store (see this guide)

For Windows 8.1:
1. Check this guide on how to obtain a Windows 8.1 ISO (see Option One)
2. When finished, follow this guide to make a bootable UEFI Win8.1 installer via DVD or USB flashdrive and use it to install Windows (the installation should be able to detect the Windows 8.1 product key in the UEFI firmware that will let you activate Windows).
3. If successful, obtain the drivers from the G510 drivers page 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-Recovery-partition-deleted-and-no-Recovery-DVD/td-p/2027710
Relevancy 50.31%

http://i.imgur.com/f3x5U.png
http://i.imgur.com/TZ0ZN.png

Can I get some help with this please?

A:Recovery doesn't detect my recovery partition

What make & Model.

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/273227-recovery-doesnt-detect-my-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop has become very slow, I reinstalled windows and installed original drivers from HP's website. But, my laptop is still very slow. So, I'm hinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings. I don't have HP Backup & Recovery manager or Recovery Partition or any disc that came with laptop. If there is any way I can restore my laptop to Factory Settings, Please inform . And If I need to download anyting please give the link with it. Thank You.

A:Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

Hi there @HPian_B,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from the community! I read that you would like to reset your HP Pavilion g6-2310ex Notebook PC to factory settings.  Please read the document called Backing Up Your Files. This will provide you with ways to back up the files you have on your Notebook. Here is a document for you to read called Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive. I pulled some information from the document for you. The first thing I would like to make you aware of is that only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:CDsDVD-RWDVD+RWDVD-RW DLDVD+RW DLYou will then also see that in the document it says: The Recovery Media Creation software program allows  only one complete set of discs to be created.The Recovery Media Creation software program  requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (D) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed.The creation process takes about 30 minutes per DVD. The entire recovery set does not need to be created in one session.The Recovery Media Creation software can be aborted at any time, except during the writing (burning) process, by clicking  Cancel. The next time the Recovery Media Creation software program is run, it automatically starts where it last stopped.You can use the recovery discs you create on your computer on another computer only if the second computer is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs.Here is a document called Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) and another called Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using Microsoft Windows Backup and Restore. - This is used to Recover, Restore, or do a Clean Install of Windows 7.  Please make sure that you read these documents very carefully before you decided to reset to factory settings.  Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also re-post with the exact error message you received. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. Thanks!Have a great day

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to-Reset/td-p/5594620
Relevancy 50.31%

Does anyone know how to create an ISO from a recovery partition? I'm looking to create a bootable flash drive to install XP on my ASUS 1005HA. (I have Windows 7 starter, but I don't want to pay the 80 bones to upgrade to the full version.) I also have an ASUS 1000HA with XP--and the corresponding recovery partition--that I'd like to use to put XP on the new netbook. Unfortunately, I don't have a USB optical drive (I'm cheap--sue me) and so I need to use the bootable flash drive.

Long story short, I know how to make the bootable flash, but I need an XP recovery ISO to load onto it to allow me to install the OS. Anybody know how I can make one from the recovery partitions?

A:Creating Recovery Disc ISO from Recovery Partition

Using a recovery image from one PC to install on another PC with different hardware is not going to work.

Besides it is illegal, we cannot help with that here, read the site rules.

Other Illegal Activities - As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advice on using illegal software, as it will be removed.Click to expand...

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-recovery-disc-iso-from-recovery-partition.890051/
Relevancy 49.02%

Could not boot. So - attempted to re-install OS. Ended up with a "recovery partition" which is c:\. My old c:\ is now d:\. I see all my data on d:\. How do I restore d:\ to be my main boot on c:\?

A:Using Recovery Partition to Recover Partition

First of all, welcome to BC !

Make and model of computer please, or main specs if it is a home built.

In Windows, the boot drive, where Windows lives, is always C:\ , your data can be anywhere on the system and it doesn't really matter. I've got three hard drives on this computer with data on all of them. Your applications are usually on the C:\ drive, but don't have to be and so long as they are working it doesn't really matter.

What may be more important, as far as your data goes, is how big is the D:\ partition ?  If the restore created a partition for Windows that was sufficient for Windows plus a little bit and left most of your space for applications and data on D:\ , then that is fine. If however your D:\ partition is just big enough to contain your data and applications then something will have to be re-arranged !  Data tends to grow with time.

You can easily find out how big C:\ and D:\ are. Click 'Start - Computer' and you will get a screen that lists all your drives, tells you how big they are, and shows how much free space there is in each. If you do have a problem, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525658/using-recovery-partition-to-recover-partition/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

I earlier wanted to format my Lenovo laptop (with vista home basic SP1) but then dropped the idea when i found out i had not received the vista OS disc with the laptop.

Now i discovered tht a recovery cud be made from my computer itself through the recovery partition, but when i checked, the recovery partition SCREAMS THAT ITS 100% FREE! , although I have never formatted it since i bought it!
It was my understanding that a recovery is pre-installed...

Now i need to know if a recovery is still possible....!

As a bonus, my DVD optical drive is also not working!

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

A:Is recovery possible if recovery partition says its 100% free?

Welcome
I would not be concerned, the partition is not the way to go, anyway. If you use the partition you must upadate, install software, change settings etc. Why not use the free Macrium Reflect, put an image on your hard drive (upadate once a month). When disaster comes use the image to reinstall. Hey its free and you do not have to worry about reinstalling software etc.
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
For the record the partion should really be there. You could donwload the free windirstat and see just what is on that hard drive.

For the record the partition is probably there, but they usually hide it. In that case Windirstat may not be of benefit, either.

EDIT: In addition, if you put the image on your external hard drive (as you should) you have protection even if the HD fails.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295423-recovery-possible-if-recovery-partition-says-its-100-free.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My laptop crashed but I was bale to recover my data from the drive using an external cable to the drive on my desktop PC.  I can see the recovery partition, can I make a recover USB from the drive without it being in my laptop?

A:Re: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Re...

Hi there,  Do you not have Recovery discs?How did you previously load Windows 7 on your Notebook? The media creation software allows only  one system image to be created. If you created a set of recovery discs, you can not create a system image on a USB drive. The media creation software requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (FACTORY_IMAGE D. Uncorrupted means that the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed. That being said, at this point, I cannot guarantee that the image will work on your USB. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to/td-p/5596486
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello new to the fourms here i hope to be a contrubuiting member Anyways onto my dilema I had recently purchased a new Emachines C for a client of mine however the machine only comes with XP Home on it the machine is recovery system recovery using partition being used for card access so I needed to install XP professional onto it Well I went out purchased the upgrade and well being the man that i am I completly disreguarded the little set of instructions that said quot please insert the upgrade disk After the computer has started up quot Soo what I did was I inserted the disk before it started up went into the windows installiation screen and installed it onto the main partition there were two partitions by the way one of them one i left alone was a partition housing the recovery-cd information see emachines does not give you a copy of the recovery cd's instead you need to make your own with a program emachine's provides system recovery using recovery partition with the system please note that i did not reformat the partition completly so i didn't reformat it to ntfs i left it as so and just overwritten the OS files now when i system recovery using recovery partition boot the computer it says quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows Root gt system hal dll please re-install a copy of the above file quot so im basicly screwed I have a copy of ERD Commander like a system utilities bootable enviroment and theres a nifty program on it to assist in restoring the system back to a previous wipe it specificaly says quot incase of an accidently reformatt quot but im not sure what to do with the files it finds some are orphaned and whatnot just clueless here Anyways emachines is shipping me a set of recovery cds which should be here in - days which isn't good for me because without this pc the building is well defenceless in terms of door security So heres what I was thinking what if i install a copy of windows home or professional i have a few copies laying around but the product keys has been registered so the purpose of me doing this would just be so i can have some sort of OS to do the following since the recovery partition is still intact Does anyone here know of a way that I can somehow access the files on this partition to make the restore cd's the phone-tech person said that i can not do this they are bootable files iso's but that doesn't mean that Someone outthere might know something any help is GREATLY appreciated thank you

A:system recovery using recovery partition

see if there is something among this lot to acheive what you want
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...tition&spell=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-recovery-using-recovery-partition-76388.html
Relevancy 48.59%

High Guys and Girls I joined the forum for assistance with a botched using New Partition Recovery copy USB on on Recovery HDD recovery on a new HDD B From the beginning I created a Repair Disc Then I Xcopied the Recovery Partition files to an external HDD Years Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB later tragedy Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB struck and the HDD stopped working After a few attempts at recovering I concluded the HDD was dead Now I have a fresh HDD I can not receover with the Repair Disc anymore so I searched and found this article which seemed promising since I did a file copy of the RecPartition https guyrleech wordpress com le-usb-storage It wouldn't boot from the USB so I came here to request help when I found this by searching System Image Recovery - Restore Image Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB on Computer in Windows The caveat at the top of the page fixed why the USB wasn't booting due to the Legacy setting in BIOS So I tried again and it appeared to be working so I let it run and postponed starting this thread After numerous Auto restarts and configuring quot Restoration Incomplete quot I get this message in CTOERROR flg ChkErrBB cmd Detect some error during PININST BBV error code x c The memory could not be read When I check the BurnBootMergeBBV log file this is what shows as failed Everything checks out until the section for Beginning of the EPSCT bbv CMD The last line shows quot CDC Checking Failed quot Result of Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver ERRORLEVEL - RESULT FAILED Everything subsequent shows quot Passed quot I select retry and get the same thing I've been up all day working on this so I'll have to start searching for the new ERR messages later A glance at the directory structure of C appears to have all of the Programs loaded in P-Files amp P-Files x Overall the installation takes up GB If you have tried this type of installation or have any tips on what the problem could be I'm all ears err eyes fingers screen and keyboard I guess

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/72944-recovery-new-hdd-using-recovery-partition-copy-usb.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everybody I have HP or Disks Partition Recovery Recovery Desktop with Windows Home Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition Premium When I was using Vista there was a difference between using recovery partition on the hard drive to restore Windows and Recovery disks that you create yourself The Recovery Partition one would only restore your computer to it's shipping condition - meaning that if I had partitioned the drive and had Windows partition separately Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition from my other files it will Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition erase all of it and get rid of that new partition of mine along with all my files If I used the disks - it will give me an option of shipping condition OR just to reinstall Windows partition of my drive so all other files are not erased In Windows the created disks give me only one choice - Factory System Reset Does it mean that it will erase it ALL or just the Windows partition I really don't want to back up GB of my data just need the Windows partition erased and reinstalled Will Recovery Disks do that or is there any other option for doing it with Windows

A:Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition

I would not run the Recovery Disks without backing up data. It doesn't sound like they will let you choose where to install Win7.

You can always borrow or locate a clean retail copy of your version Win7 to clean install with Product Key on your COA sticker on machine. Many tech enthusiasts do this to avoid the bloatware and useless factory utilities. Let us know if you want more information on this.

You can also make your own Win7 Backup image saved externally so you never have to reinstall or recover again, just reimage from the saved file. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/110094-recovery-disks-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a HP computer running Windows XP that has a recovery partition, D. When I try to access a restore point there are no points to restore to. I checked out the D partition and found that it is 8GB and Iím using 77.9MB. I cannot remember what the available space used to be on this partition but I know it was more than it is now. I even tried to defrag the drive, thinking that a defrag would help, and a dialog box told me that there wasnít enough room on the D partition to defrag. It needs 15 % of the drive to defrag. There used to be as many as twenty restore points to restore to a previous date. Why did this happen?

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a ASUS Transformer Book T200TA and it was 16Gb, 8Gb (or just shy of for 8.1 pro) the remaining as recovery. So I moved recovery partition to external hard drive and extended volume to give the tablet plenty of free space as without it I only downloaded 2 programs and was informed of low space. My partner wanted to upgrade to windows 10 and performed a clean install but as we have no key it is now asking to be activated. so we need to reinstall 8.1 pro but we cant access the partition as it is ntfs and the SSD on the tablet will only accept fat32, is there a way of using the recovery partition to reinstall windows or if not extract the product key..

A:Can't use recovery partition..

Well. needless to say, you messed up pretty good... but with that said, I will try to help..
First Do you have access to another windows 8.1 Pro PC ??
Second you need to access that recovery partition from another PC
Need to see what files and folders are contained on that recovery partition..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/71450-cant-use-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone knew how to get my computer to run the recovery partition and re-install my factory settings. I know in theory this should be easy but i'll list my dilemna below.

SPECS: gateway computer with F11 restore cmd.
PROBLEM: never created restore disk

So i re-partitioned my HD leaving the recovery partition intact and installed a fresh copy of XPSP2. the F11 command must have been built into the original operating system, because when I bootup, I no longer get the option for F11 to run the recovery partition. Since i don't have the recovery disks, I can't boot up from the recovery disks.

My question is, does anyone know how I can access my recovery partition to fresh install my factory settings without me having the recovery disks?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

A:Help with Recovery Partition

Taoliano,

Welcome to TSF.

It's been my experience with HP's that if the original Boot Partition is damaged or redone that the F10 (or F11 in this case) is no longer available.
I've always ended up ordering the Recovery CD's from the Manufacturer.

I don't know that this will help but I found this on the Gateway support
site:
http://support.gateway.com/s/SOFTWAR...XPH0su46.shtml

Since the original Windows Partition is no longer there, this may not work for you but it couldn't hurt I suppose.

Scott

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-recovery-partition-82778.html
Relevancy 45.15%

nbsp Hello folks nbsp I'm planning to get an SSD for my laptop so that Recovery Partition I can move my operating system and related partition to a faster boot drive and the HDD I will be connecting through the optical drive slimeline sata slot using a Caddy nbsp My question is if I don't Recovery Partition clone copy move the Recovery partition in my current main drive to the SSD and just let it be on the HDD is it going to work in future Is it going to become corrupt or not nbsp I want Recovery Partition as much space as I can get on the SSD GB model otherwise I have no problem in Recovery Partition moving the Recovery partition nbsp If this can cause problems is there a way I can move the Recovery partition to USB or to my backup drive If so please guide on which programs to use and some guideliness how to's on how to move the partition nbsp Help is very much appreciated Thanks and Regards nbsp nbsp

A:Recovery Partition

You have a couple of options.  1) Use the recovery media to install to the new SSD. It must be 256 GB or higher capacity. 2) Use a cloning or migration program. I have used Paragon Software's Drive Copy 14 and their Migration to SSD utility with great success. http://www.paragon-software.com/index.html Trying to move or copy the partition from within Windows usually does not work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Partition/td-p/5701389
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Windows XP home which came bundled with my HP Pavilion a700n, however I did not get a disk it came as a 13 partition on my hard drive. And when ever I do a recovery it reinstalls a bunch of stuff that I don't need. Like a LOT of "promotional" software that takes like 2 hours to uninstall all of it after doing a recovery. Now the sticker on the side of my computer is a valid windows XP Home product key. So If I get a regular retail windows XP home disc from a friend and use that to install it, but use my own product key would I have any problems with this. Would this be considered illegal in anyway shape or form? Also for an experienced computer user, is Windows XP or Windows 2000 better as far as performance goes.

A:HP Recovery Partition?

Im not sure, but I think it's legal to do as long as you use your own license to install. I guarantee you will have issues with drivers and will probably have to download alot of them. That is if it installs correctly at all. HP and Compaq bundle alot of their drivers in with the OS package you bought. Weird that its not on a cd though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-recovery-partition.339095/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey Gang I m Mike and I m new - However Help Please Recovery Partition I ve browsed the forums here fairly often when looking for fixes for other problems I ve had in the past Figured it was about time to sign up and get some help - So my desktop has drives one is partitioned into C and D the second is E and is used only for page file Last night I got the grand idea that I should recombine drive C and D into a single drive so Partition Recovery Help Please I used Partition Magic installed on Drive D and first matched the sector sizes of C and D This went off without a hitch Next I tried to merge C and D where D becomes a folder inside C This did not go well at all It errored out in the middle of the process probably when PM tried to stuff itself into a folder - Partition Recovery Help Please Not my best idea in hindsight Now I have a folder quot D DRIVE quot that has no contents and the computer does not show recognize that there is a D drive However the C drive is still the same size it does not appear to have actually quot absorbed quot the D drive Can you guys give me an idea of what I should try in order to reverse my poor decision Thanks in advance Mike B

A:Partition Recovery Help Please

If you open the Windows XP partition manager (If I remember correctly you can access it by... Start > Control Panel > Services >Disk management ) It sounds like that the D partition was deleted and that it may now be marked as unallocated space, also right click on the C drive in my computer and check the volume for errors, also running chkdsk wouldn't hurt.

(Start > Run, type in "cmd" and press enter, when the prompt is open type in chkdsk /r and it will prompt you that it is use and cannot be checked or something like that, say yes to scan it on the next reboot. Then reboot. )
After that if its still no good go back to the partition manager and if you still see the space for drive D marked as unallocated then it sounds like its lost. Your best bet would be to reformat that unallocated space (Use NTFS when it asks for a file system) and create a recovery back up onto that partition.
Also if you get the wise idea to combine them, I don't think you can use the recovery tools in the merged partition.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147338/partition-recovery-help-please/
Relevancy 45.15%

hello friends i am new to this site i recently brought a new HP laptop model number touch smart TX - US and it came with windows OS bit and gb ram and AMD processor and ATI radon HD graphic card and GB hard disc notron anti virus is installed in it for days trail and i updated all my system drivers and antivirus definations but partition ??? recovery i found a recycle bin and system volume information folder in C root drive and it is not detected by any antivirus so thinking that it is recovery partition ??? harmful i formated my recovery partition before that i recovery partition ??? made a recovery dics with the help of recovery disc creator and it came to DVD's so now my problem is i formated my recovery partition and i need to get that back its GB and its empty can anyone tell me how can i get that recovey partition back can i use my recovery discs to get that os should i use any softwares there are no system restore points in my hard disk recovery partition ??? i also have a windows repair disc with me which i created plz help me any person who helps me will be gratefull thank you friends

A:recovery partition ???

Are you refering to the "Factory Restore Partition" that is setup by HP on your Hard Drive?
Co'z if it is sad to say there is no way to recover it

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44803-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i've used the recovery partition on my computer before and it worked great....Before I install the new virus protection I have i'd like to do it again......i was just wondering if there is anyway to save certain files so they arent deleted in the recovery.....I would transfer it all to DVD but i have almost 50 GB of music and it would be alot easier if i could just keep it on the comp somehow......thanks

Lee

It is a good idea to have a backup regardless.

One way is to get an external USB hard drive and copy all your important files to that drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-partition.639647/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a way to recover a primary FAT32 partition? Restore the MBR? What is the safest/fastest/simplest way (proveided there is one) ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-recovery.272088/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys i recently bought a laptop (HP Pavillion dv9000 ) from my friend, it still has all of his files, downloaded programs, ect on it. I would like to reformat the pc to remove all this extra junk. The PC has a recover partition on it however it is not working correctly, it simply will reboot the PC when ussing Recovery Manager. The primary drive on the PC has been partitioned into 2 drives. The partition with the operating system is still the active partition. Is this perhaps why i am having difficulties in using the recovery partition? Any suggestions on how i can fix the problem i would like to keep the extra partition and use the recovery partition if it all possible. (pc's OS is Vista)

Looks like the restore partition is damaged, not sure, what is the exact model number? There are many dv9000 series model numbers, have a look

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodTopCategory?product=1842186&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-partition.751688/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone. I thought I had a virus on my Pc, so I wanted to return back to factory settings. I put my recovery disk in the Pc and followed the prompts. when the Pc restarted, It had the error message--BOOTMGR MISSING. I did the above operation several times and still received the same error message. The odd thing is I can view the recovery partition in the MY COMPUTER folder. How do I get the recovery partition to work again. I have restored the OS with the disk Dell gave me, but I would like to use the option to recovery the factory settings. Any help will be appreciated. deanie44

bootmgr missing can be fixed , you don't have to reinstall again.
Bootmgr is missing - Fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/152927-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Lenovo laptop has a recovery partition in case I have to reload windows. How can I do the same thing on my Desktop? My Lenovo desktop did not come with a Windows 7 installation disk. Should I add a hard drive just for the recovery partition and unplug the SATA cable so it won't be corrupted if the computer is compromised by a virus.

Len

A:recovery partition

I'm not sure if you can make a recovery partition like the manufacturers do, I may be wrong and others will correct me if so.

Since your desktop did not come with the DVD look at this tutorial is it will show you how to make a DVD and there is also a link providing you with a legal download for windows seven Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Most computers when new at the first start up will prompt you to make your own DVDs and drivers disk that would be the same thing as the recovery partition that would set you back to factory install, you should look at your computer manual and see if that option is available.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294738-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I tried reinstalling windows using HP's recovery partition on an HP laptop. The directions were simple, just hold f11 at startup and it loaded a recovery program. I ran the program and found that it doesnt work. now whenever i try to start up windows i get the error message...

NTLDR is missing
Press control+alt+delete to restart

My next thought was, owell i dont need recovery partition anyway, so i stuck an OEM version of windows that I own on in the cd drive. I then come to find out that my OEM version wont recognize a hard drive in which it can install windows on.

Any suggestions? The HP recovery partition is a little new to me. I'm too used to working with my own builds.

oh yeah btw, my version of windows is XP

Relevancy 45.15%

I bought a new Asus laptop. It doesn't not have a DVD drive. It came loaded with windows home edition. I have a copy of windows ultimate so I wanted to upgrade. I installed ultimate from a USB stick from within windows. After the installation finished I began installing drivers. Video driver caused bsods. After endless attempts I decided to simply restore the original system using the recovery partition. I no longer have the Option to boot recovery. The partition.still exists nor was it deleted. I even backed up the recovery partition to an external drive. How can I get the recovery partition to boot? I have tried BIOS settings but it is not listed. I have tried marking the partition as active without success.

The correct way to upgrade within Win7 is to insert the higher version Product Key into Anytime Upgrade which unlocks in minutes the few extra (expensive) features almost no one needs.

Since Asus uses the Win7 F8 Advanced Boot Options to trigger Factory Recovery, it is also wiped out with the OS.

The solution is to run Recovery Disks you should have made when you set up the laptop, order them from Asus Tech Support for a small fee, or get a superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 using the installer provided.

However if you own and want Ultimate on the PC it should work as well as Premium since they are the exact same OS and installer except for the few extra features. Are you using only the drivers given by Win7 installer and optional Updates, only importing any which are missing or problematic from the Asus SUpport Downloads webpage for your model?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/252496-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there My question is about the Windows Recovery Environment partition s Looks like I have one too many Starting at an offset of KB diskpart sees the following Partition EFI SYSTEM Mb Required No hidden FAT Volume Partition quot old quot Old Recovery partition WIN RE Mb Required Yes hidden NTFS Old Recovery partition Volume Partition MS RESERVED Mb Required No hidden No volume Partition WINDOWS Gb Old Recovery partition Required No NTFS C Volume Partition quot new quot WIN RE Mb Required Yes hidden NTFS Volume Partition DATA Gb Required No NTFS D Volume Partition W RESTORE IMAGE Gb Required Yes hidden NTFS Volume My first disk is a GPT SSD The second disk has data volumes and NTFS Originally this ASUS notebook came with Windows which was later upgraded to Eventually was installed again clean install EDIT maybe I didn't use the right words by saying quot clean install quot as I didn't actually format C but what I meant is that I installed a brand new copy of Windows without keeping existing applications nor migrating settings I guess the quot new quot Win Recovery partition was automatically created during Windows clean install reagent info confirms the current Recovery Environment path is GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE so it's the fifth partition on the first disk EDIT I stand corrected it is pointing to the fourth partition on the first disk I would like to keep the quot new quot WinRE but delete the quot old quot WinRE Partition quot old quot WIN RE Mb and also delete Partition W RESTORE IMAGE Gb How should I remove the quot old quot RE partition Can I just delete it in Disk Management and then create a regular volume instead Or should I keep it and change the partition type in Diskpart I am afraid the new renumbered quot partition count quot might confuse Windows and Windows Recovery

A:Old Recovery partition

Originally this ASUS notebook came with Windows 8.1, which was later upgraded to 10. Eventually 10 was installed again (clean install).
I guess the "new" Win Recovery partition was automatically created during Windows 10 clean install.

The 450MB Recovery was created when you upgraded from 8.1 to 10.
From the partitions layout, I don't see how you did a clean install because if you did, the partitions would be in the following order:
450MB Recovery100MB EFI System16MB MSR (128MB in Windows 8/8.1)C Drive20GB Factory Recovery

reagent /info confirms the current Recovery Environment path is
\\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE
(0\4, so it's the fifth partition on the first disk)

Partition # is starting with 1, not 0. So your 450MB Recovery should be partition 5.

Disk Management won't allow to delete Recovery Partition. You'd have to use diskpart to delete

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/38422-old-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

please..

there is a problem in recovery partition status as you see in pic

i don't know, how to fix it?

all file in partition but i can't use it to recovery

sorry for my bad En.

A:hp recovery partition

how are you trying to run recovery

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00809678&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=18703

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-recovery-partition.1085621/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm sorry if I have overlooked another thread on the forums with the same topic, if I have please refer me to it. that being said here goes:
I mistakenly deleted the primary partition off my secondary HDD when I was formatting and reinstalling windows on my other drive, so it goes with late night computer work. the drive has not been formatted, simply missing its partition. I have seen several programs that clamed to be able to recover the partition but have not been able to find a free one. I would appreciate any recommendations or other suggestions to recover the beloved information on my hard drive,
thanks

A:partition recovery

That's one of the reasons to disconnect any drives other the the primary when reinstalling. Try a advanced search at the top of this page for "Partition Recovery" . . there have been a few solutions posted here lately.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-recovery.343946/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just bought an external hard drive because my D drive is full on my laptop. I need to transfer things from my D drive over, but can not figure out how to access it. When I try to enter I get a Warning about Recovery Partition and then it wont let me in. Can anyone help me figure out on how to do this?

The recovery partition should not be touvched. Any changes you make to it will make it inaccessible and useless if you need to recover.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-partition.834260/
Relevancy 45.15%

OK just re-installed vista on my gateway gm5483e on a new 1.5TB hard drive now on the original hd it had a recovery partition on it should I put one on here and if so how do I do it and its vista 32-bit thanks

A:Recovery partition

http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/16/how-to-resize-a-partition-in-windows-vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-partition.936297/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all, I have a question. I have an HP Pavilion A1720n with Vista Home Premium.
My pc skill level is higher than the average but I am no expert. I had to do a system restore from the recovery partion of the 320gb hard drive and everything went well, only 1 problem and maybe you guys can help. The question is: Is it possible to delete or clean up the recovery partion? It is full and keeps giving me the message that it is "low on rescources" I dont want to delete the whole thing but I want to make more room on it so I dont get this message. Specs:

1.86gz Intel Core 2 Duo
Vista Home Premium
320hd
1tb secondary drive

Thanx

This is the answer that I have given in the other thread.
Since the question is more appropriate here, this is the answer, again
This is how I would increase the size of the drive
System Restore - disk space

My advice would be to use Ccleaner.
In researching your question, I have found that our own Brink has made the same suggestion
How do you delete a system restore point?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285401-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Can anyone help me please I have a Dell XPS L X Laptop which has partitions called OS Recovery and Recovery Partition an unlabaled one but under status it says its a OEM Partition I decided to install windows again on the OS partition Recovery Partition where the operating system was i formated it and installed windows I left the Recovery and OEM partitions as they were I now regret reinstalling windows again and would like to go back to the way my laptop was when i first received it Ive had a look Recovery Partition around the internet on forums and come across options to restore via command prompt i entered command prompt from boot up and typed c dell image factory wim A message pops up saying to open this file windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it I clicked browse but theres only Notepad there To be honest i haven't got a clue what im doing Can anyone please help me restore my computer back to how it was when i received it using the recovery partition

Run factory recovery by pressing the keys given at boot: Restoring Your Computer?s Software to the Factory Settings | Dell

Did you make the Recovery disks when you first set up your computer, or were they supplied by Dell?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/134404-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have problem in my logging in to my pc windows 7 home premium 64bit , each time i want to run it , i access to windows logo then it stop loading and suddenly appear blue screen and reboot (because I try to make dual boot with ubuntu but I face problems in boot loader ) regardless of this problem , can I re-install a trial version of windows 7 over the origin one just to access to my recovery partition and re-install the origin one (using hp recovery management), my pc is hp pavilion dv6 !!!

A:Need help for recovery partition !!?

Anybody can replay , please

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/205211-need-help-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For those unfortunate people who do not have an installation disk but only a recovery partition - is it possible to copy the contents of the recovery partition onto a bootable USB drive and have an installation media?

Your OS should have an application for creating restore disks. Other than that I don't know of any way to "convert" the restore partition to a disk.

You might consider an image of your install as well. Easy to do with Windows PE.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/132229-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I try to help local people with their PC's and someone on my local FreeCycle Yahoo group asked for help with a PC that wouldn't boot (XP Home), she's fine with a rebuild which I can easily do but she hoped to get some valuable photos off it, the only copies she had.

So I test the PC and it doesn't boot as expected, I removed the drive and put it in my SATA docking station, detected fine with main partition visible but when I click on it I get ...

F:\ is not accessible

The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable

Any ideas as I'd really like to save this woman's data before I go ahead and trash the system?

One thing I will try is a rebuild without trashing but that's a last resort, I need to try some less intense stuff first so advice welcome.

Kyu

A:Partition Recovery

how far through the boot up do you get? do you see just the POST data? or do you see the windows logo?

Thundercant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-recovery.779985/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys! First time posting here lol. Not sure if this goes in this forum (move to another if needed) but this is an issue with Windows XP

Anyway, my friend passed his computer on to me for some repairs, and I got the PC back up and running. The only problem is that the HP_RECOVERY (D partition is taking up 280gb of the harddrive, leaving only 18 gb on the (C drive...

I know that I can remove the recovery partition, but all I would really like to do is remove the "lock" that is on it...

Does anyone know of a feasible way to do this?

Relevancy 45.15%

hello there,

I was given a problem to sort out recentley for a friend .

I was given a laptop with windows XP on it but the person never made
a set of backup recovery disks for recovering the whole system back to
factory preset ie fresh out of the box as new and as the system is currupt
there is no chance of booting.

Is there away of booting the recovery partition and reinstalling windows XP
as above. or is there any programs out there capable of accessing the drive
i have heard of linux boot disk doing this? but will it reinstall all the job lot

many Thanks

trickie_mickie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-recovery-via-a-partition-234359.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I had to run a clean install of Vista on my Dell 64-bit laptop. It worked well and the OS is on C:\. However, I don't know what to do with the Recovery Partition. It is located on drive D:\ and is 9.99 GB with 1.88 GB free. The install of Vista did not seem to impact the Recovery Drive D:\. Was I supposed to do something with it before doing the install? Should I now delete it or leave it alone?

A:What do I do with the Recovery Partition

LEAVE IT ALONE. The day you loose your installation disk you can install from there. The additional 10GBs will not make you richer.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261194-what-do-i-do-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Toshiba l-305=s6933 laptop, I am told that there is a recovery partition which I can use to reinstall vista?Can anyone explain how to access this partition.thank youMod Edit~ e-mail address removed to protect the member from spam bots

To access the Toshiba recovery partition, power off the laptop. Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly. Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.Note that this erases all data, and reloads all factory default software. Be sure to back up all your important personal data beforehand!I have never done this myself....those are the instructions I found online.You can read the same thing starting on page 61 of this Toshiba manual.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300008/recovery-partition/
Relevancy 45.15%

I work for a library where we have many public access computers We create our own image so generally when it gets trashed we just re-image the hard drive For this reason any recovery partition created by HP gets wiped out unfortunately the newer model computers don't have any hardware diagnostics in the BIOS If for example a hard nbsp drive that is under warranty goes bad I don't have any way of confirming it I discovered that I can download a service pack that will create a partition and install diagnostic tools on it which I can then use to help with troubleshooting some hardware issues I've been experimenting with this and I think I installed it on my nbsp personal workstation I see a partition called Healthy Recovery Partition but I'm not sure what it is I found a lot of posts that refer to a recovery partition but nothing that actually explains what it is or just how to use it There is a small solid state drive in the computer that I have been using for my Windows nbsp swap file but today I learned that HP intended that this drive be used for performing diagnostics which got me thinking I wonder if I should move my swap file back to my system drive C and try to install the diagnostic tools partition on the SSD drive The problem is I still don't fully understand what that Recovery Partition is or if I even need it there Since I have upgraded to Windows I'm thinking I is what partition recovery need to create a backup of my c drive in which case the factory what is recovery partition default recovery image isn't much use to me unless of course I can upgrade it to Windows So where can I find the information I need to understand what these recovery and diagnostic partitions are and how they work what is recovery partition so I can decide how to set them up to my best advantage Thomas W Eaton

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/what-is-recovery-partition/td-p/5703722
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an Asus EeePC netbook with W Home Premium no system DVD Wanted to shrink a partition on an external disc but was not careful enough and started to shrink the netbook system partition instead I realized my mistake almost immediately and cancelled the process but the damage had already been done First the netbook system would only start in safe mode but I managed after a lot of effort among other things returning the partition to its original Recovery gone? partition size to get it start and work normally However system recovery does not work now when I try to start it it is activated it says the backup image disc is missing I assume that the backup partition is gone To make things even worse a system partition clone I made on an external HD some time ago and stupidly did not Recovery partition gone? check for function refuses to work some files on the ext HD seem to be corrupt So I m in big trouble Is there any way to restore the accidentally removed damaged hidden recovery partition Obviously I can t make a fresh install first I have no W installation medium and secondly I got WORD with the netbook no inst medium here either and a fresh install would Recovery partition gone? wipe this soft out

A:Recovery partition gone?

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

If you haven't created a set of recovery discs and you have wiped your recovery partition then you have one of two choices.

1. Contact Asus to see if they will sell you a recovery disc to re-install to the out-of-box factory state.

2. If you have access to a Windows 7 DVD that is the same version as the system on your computer you can use it to clean install using the OEM product key for your computer: Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key

Either way, you will lose any data you haven't backed up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/206480-recovery-partition-gone.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate and I don't like it very much. Also my graphics card isn't so up to par, so it doesn't look very good.

I still have my (D: ) Recovery Partition and it is said to be active in the computer management check up thing. However, when I try to press F11 on startup, nothing happens. Is there any sort of way I can go back to Vista with the partition?

A:HP Recovery Partition?

alex96,

from what i have read on HP's site, if the original OS is changed, recovery manager cannot be launced either from within the os or by pressing F11 at startup. But take a look at this advice by Gregrocker on another thread.

Quote:
Your Recovery partition was likely disabled when Windows 7 was installed. But it might still be able to be run.

You'll need to make a System Repair Disk by typing Repair in Start Search box. If your optical drive will not boot CD's, then set your external CD drive to boot in BIOS setup, or write Repair CD ISO to flash stick: USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create or another method: How to: install Windows (any version from XP to Win7) from a USB/flash drive | Featured | dotTech

Also, try marking the Recovery partition Active in Disk Mgmt to see if it will run using the prompts given to run Recovery on first bootup screen or your Manual, or if it will autostart (since pressing those keys normally marks it active).

If marking Recov partition active will not run it, then you will need to boot the Repair CD or flash stick , click through to Recovery Tools list, open a Command Line to type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (replace # with Windows 7 HD)
LIST PARTITION
SELECT PARTITION # (for Windows 7 partition)
ACTIVE
EXIT

Now, boot back into Windows 7 Repair console>Recovery Tools list to run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/78932-hp-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So a few days ago I tried to resize my partitions shrink my linux one and grow my XP one I decided to use the Paragon Partition Manger and it restarted went into a not-actually-in-windows mode more or less resized them and then it said it needed to reboot to continue the operation So it did that but when it did GRUB came up with an Error because the partitions had changed I had no idea recovery? Partition how to fix this so I decided to try to restore my partitions I used Partition recovery? TestDisk from a recovery CD and then loaded into Tiny XP from another CD I tried to access my drive from there but it said the file system was corrupt and now I m sitting here with a computer with nothing working on it GRUB is now giving me an error corrupt file system I m going to try to load into Knoppix via a live CD and use some of the tools on there Anybody have any recommendations I have photos movies music on there from the past years or so and I d hate to lose it all nbsp

A:Partition recovery?

From here: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/clfs/view/1.0.0/x86_64/final-system/grub.html

GRUB has an issue where it sometimes doesn't detect the disk geometry correctly when used with Linux 2.6, resulting in the error message Error 24: Attempt to access block outside partitionClick to expand...

Sorry I don't know enough about Linux to fix faults

You may receive other replies, but if not you may want to create a new thread here: The Alternative OS forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-recovery.126872/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell Inspiron 660s Desktop. It came with Windows 8. I created recovery CDs. I upgraded to Win. 8.1 and later to 10. I created a recovery USB drive for Win. 10.
The largest (by far) recovery partition is 11.83 GB. This came with the computer originally. I assume it is the Factory Recovery Partition, though someone speculated that it might be used for hibernation. My question is whether there is any reason to retain this partition. I am sure I would never want to return to Win. 8 and get back to where I am now by putting on vast quantities of maintenance. But I don't want to delete a hibernation partition or a one that might somehow be useful as a stage for a quick recovery to Windows 10.

A:Keep old recovery partition?

The recovery usb you created will not work if you remove this.  The partition is required for windows vista 7 8 or 10.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992750
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Asus k52jc laptop with windows 7 home premium pre installed. Now I cant recover my windows installation using recovery partition.It does not appear in the boot menu. But i can see the partition is still there. I cant create a recovery disk either. Can anyone help me?

A:Cant use my recovery partition

Ensure to connect your PC to the AC power adapter before using F9 recovery to avoid recovery failure.
Using recovery partition (F9 Recovery)
1. Press <F9> during bootup.
Ensure to press <F9> only once during bootup.
2. Select the language you use and click to continue.
3. Click Recovery in the Recovery System dialog box to start the system recovery.
4. The system starts system recovery automatically and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.

How to make a ASUS USB Recovery pendrive
1. Press <F9> during bootup.
Ensure to press <F9> only once during bootup.
2. Select the language you use and click to continue.
3. Connect a USB storage device to your Eee PC and click Backup in the Recovery System dialog box to start the recovery files backup.
The size of the connected USB storage device should be larger than 16GB.
Memory cards are not supported for this function.
A dialog box appears as a reminder if you have not connected the USB storage device for system recovery backup to your Eee PC.
4. Select a desired USB storage device if more than one USB storage device is connected to your Eee PC and click Continue.
5. All the data on the selected USB storage device will be cleared. Click Continue to start the backup or click Back to backup your important data.
You will lose all your data on the selected USB storage device. Ensure to back up your important data beforehand
6. The system backup starts and click OK when done.

You can Order Asus recovery disks from here:
ASUS eStore
At the search box, type in RECOVERY

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/170553-cant-use-my-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.15%

im not sure if this goes under windows 7 or Linux, so ill put it here.
i recently installed ubuntu 11.04 onto my computer. i meant to make it so that it would only have 50 gigs of my hard drive, but it took ALL 300 GIGS of it! i lost all of my files and everything that was on 7. can anybody help me get it back please?!?!?!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402131/partition-recovery-help/
Relevancy 45.15%

Factory Configuration: RECOVERY partition (9GB) has a DELL/IMAGE with 8.7 GB so it fills this partition. Inside the IMAGE three files factory.wim (4GB),  factory2.wim(4GB), factory3.wim(1GB) created the same date and before ownership of the computer. Mistake of system installation by DELL? Can I remove these files?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19983016
Relevancy 45.15%

Is there any need to keep the recovery partition once i have created a recovery image on a disc? If yes, then why so as we cannot utilise that space on hard disk even if we have a backup, and if no, then please tell me how to merge that disk space with other partitions so that i can use that space?

Solved!
View Solution.

Hi, No and Yes, it is up to you 1. No, after successfully  create a Recovery disc set (or USB), you can delete Recovery partition to get more space on your HDD.2. Yes, it will be very handy when you need it on the flight just in case you can't find those discs. Again, it is up to you. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-partition/td-p/5561270
Relevancy 45.15%

Samsung notebook N130 came with Win XP Home and a recovery partition.
I added another partition to store my data.
Now XP seems to accumulate a lot of rubbish and became too slow, although all the partitions are 40% free. Defragmentation and runing antivirus do not help.
Neither help going to BIOS and running repair mode.
I need something more radical. I never used the recovery partition.
How do I use the recovery partition for this purpose and is there a way to keep my data partition intack?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34e994d7-2005-4f3f-99db-988877324bd8/using-recovery-partition?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 45.15%

Sony Vaio Recovery partition XP - Home Edition Version Service Pack My sister gave Recovery partition me this computer - no manuals or CDs came with it It runs fine for a few hours then shuts off or tries to read the hard drive and has to be unplugged to shut it off No error messages ever It always crashes when I try to run Disk Cleaner Adaware and AVG Recovery partition also cause it to crash Ditto Avast I've cleaned up the D E and F drives Recovery partition and what I could on the C drive Running Drwtsn didn't indicate any problems System Restore was not enabled Don't these computers come with all the software on a hidden partition just waiting for moments like this If so how do I get to it I'm willing to reformat the hard drive if I have to but the only copy I have of XP is from Dell which says to only use on a Dell computer Thanks for any help mrmac

Try checking the disc for errors . . Right click on the c: drive in My Computer . . select Properties . . click the Tools tab and then click on Check this drive for errors . . in the next panel check both boxes and OK out

Reboot and checkdisc should run

You can check the Sony support site for instructions on using any Restoration system they use

If push comes to shove, you can use the Dell Reinstallation cd to reinstall on your sony . . You would use the Product Code on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-partition-239238.html
Relevancy 45.15%

In my recent machinations I found that the hard drive on my Foxconn MOBO'ed PC has a 4.7G "Recovery" partiton.

Handy (if I knew how to use it!) but it seems to me it would be prudent to copy it over to another drive or even another, networked pc?

Is this possible and if so how please? N.B. the drive "C" is a separate partition so copying that will not cut it. Right clicking on the recovery part does not give a "copy" option merely a "help" message which just confuses me and I need some!

Dave.

Although there may be a way to copy the hidden partition, I would imagine that it won't work on another machine as it check the digital signature. I.e. if your not installing on the proper machine (it check the motherboard signature) then setup will not continue.

Your better off finding an oem disc from *somewhere*.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-partition-357665.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I'm in need of rescue of my important data. I was just trying to format c drive by placing sony vaio disk it has not prompted me anything but "rescue your data" just I'm thinking that I'm not going to clear entire HDD so just proceeded. With in few seconds(4-5) i figured out what I'm doing just all of sudden I switched off my lappy but I came to know I'm very late(entire drive got cleared [no partition, no data, no O.S]). Since yesterday I'm strive hard to restore. But one thing is I have not written any data disk so far after this accident. I need only my data in d, e, not more than that. Please would you help me in rescuing . Which boot disk is best to do so.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks and regards

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi at all,I accidentally formatted the recovery partition that contains the factory data , there is a way to re-create it ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Partition-Recovery/td-p/5734762
Relevancy 45.15%

Does Windows 7 come with a Recovery Partition?

I typed in Recovery after clicking the Start button but am not sure of the options.  The one in question says "Restore your computer or reinstall windows" among others, but, don't know if this is the proper option.  I have some recovery discs but want to know if this option is available also.  I used it in XP before, and was very fast as opposed to the Re-install.

Thanks pcpunk!

Windows 7 itself does not install any recovery partition, but the manufacturers of namebrand systems normally have the Windows installer on a recovery partition. As it happens I've just utilised that recovery option on my Toshiba laptop to generate a recovery USB flash drive and re-install onto a new SSD, because Disc 1 of the recovery disc set was corrupted.

If there is a recovery partition on a system, you will see it as a partition in Disk Management. On my laptop it isn't actually called anything like Recovery, in some brands it is, mine is a 13.39GB Primary partition not allocated a drive letter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582670/recovery-partition/
Relevancy 45.15%

Greetings,

On one of my XP Home Boxes I removed the Recovery Partition due to it being  corrupted. Is there a way to repartition that for recovery needs?

Thank You

I wouldn't worry about that much, if your windows works fine then no worries. What type of computer is it anyway, some have the recovery on the CD's.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501764/recovery-partition/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,         I was in hope of someone helping me in creating a recovery partition on a laptop, so if I need to reinstall windows the way it is right now I could do it in a few minutes instead of hours....I have Just reinstalled windows xp pro service pack 3 & all the drivers.  I have read several topics on this from the internet but am not real for sure on how to do it still.. I could use some step by step directions & maybe pics or video if possible... Thanks for any help

(1) Install all security updates from Microsoft.
(2) Install whatever programs you want also?
(2a) Do this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500797/cloning-hard-drive-to-a-used-hard-drive/#entry3104221 before imaging your C drive.
(3) Download Clonezilla Live ISO - A small bootable GNU/Linux distribution for imaging and cloning. http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live.php
(3a) Burn ISO to CD, or create bootable USB thumb drive. I suggest use CD if you have it?
(4) Boot with CD, and image your C drive to a 8, or 16, or 32 Mb USB thumb drive. Info. http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live-doc.php
Once you have the image saved on a USB thumb drive, remove it, and save it in a safe place. Label the USB thumb drive so you know which PC image it is.
If ever your hard drive completely fails, you have the image on a USB thumb drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501129/recovery-partition/