Windows Support Forum

I clicked wrong button and now I can't connect to internet

Q: I clicked wrong button and now I can't connect to internet

On my pc f12 is the Internet botton I clicked it and airplane mode came on I clicked it again and it wouldent let me connect bk pls help me :/

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I clicked wrong button and now I can't connect to internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I clicked wrong button and now I can't connect to internet

Did you find the right button to click to get back on the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-clicked-wrong-button-and-now-i-cant-connect-to-internet.199023/
Relevancy 86%

Ok.. here is the problem.. I like to use PSP and when I go to download a file or a picture, or even a filter that I need, the pop up comes up and asks where i want to save it. Well ,, there was a box that said something like did i want that box to always warn me about downloading this type of file. well I checked the box.. now whenever I try to download something there is a quick "flash" where the box tries to open up and then nothing.. I cant download anything. I need to fix this and I have gone into my internet options stuff and reset everything to the default settings hoping it would undo this mistake. Nothing.. Any help out there.. ???
Truddy

Relevancy 63.21%

hi there im a beginner in vb, im doing a traffic light system right now. i have build the code, but don't know how to loop the whole thing. The condition is like the following:
-There are three traffic lights, each goes and another follows after the previous one turns red.
-im now trying "do until (exitbutton.selected)" ..."loop" ---> doesnt return a value, i know there is a mistake here
the loop should continue running until user click on the exit button.
anyone can help me? im using a timer by the way, and i have declared the variable "count" to count the timer. should i add "count = 0" at the last part of the loop in order to let the count starts from zero again?

sorry i know ive explained quite poorly. Please feel free to ask more thank you

A:[vb] Do until a button is clicked?

There are just a few things you need to do to make a timer work.

Drop a timer on the form.

Set the increment.

Code:
[FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2]
Timer1.Interval = 100
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
(1000 = 1 second)

Tell it to start.

Code:
[FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2]
Timer1.Start()
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Then you can use the Timer1.Ticks event to run code at your selected interval.

GL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-do-until-a-button-is-clicked.995104/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have just built my fifth PC--I used a DH55HC MB and a intel core i5 cpu. I have two seagate500 gb HD's and my OS is windows 7 The problem that I am having is that MOST of the time when I "restart" , the boot up process freezes up on the opening page for the MB (which has the intel name)I need to hit the "reset" button on the front of the pc to get it to boot up properly. If I just "shut down" the pc and manually click it back on--then it starts fine. Is this a MB problem or a OS problem????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-freezes-when-restart-button-is-clicked-520175.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,
I have a form whereby the user must click the Save button before selecting another record from combobox.

Is there code that detects if the Save button is clicked before leaving the form?

thanks,

A:Access2003 detect if button is clicked

Hey there, welcome to TSG

The short answer is yes, though I don't remember the proper way to do it. A very simple solution would be to create a module-level boolean switch that's set to false when the form loads a record and true once it's been (verified) saved. If a new record tries to load and the boolean is false, cancel the load.

There are two components to what you're trying to do: event order and property evaluation. It's very important you put this check in the right event, which may be different depending on how you load records or exit the form. I've forgotten explicit event order, so I'll have to post back later with that (if you need it). It's also important you be sure the saved record has been written to the underlying table, and I've forgotten which application property (possibly an enum) is responsible for returning that.

The problem with the module-level boolean is that you must either trust Access to do what it says it will do or write extra pieces to make sure the record's there (which means even more variable memory space because the code has to know which record was just saved). In other words, it's either risky or slower.

Could you perhaps post what you already have in the module? Or at least behind the Save command button, the Form.Current, and anything in the general declarations? Thanks.

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access2003-detect-if-button-is-clicked.679471/
Relevancy 61.92%

i have a frame and a button on it i want to know how to run a .exe file when the button is clicked.
since i am a beginner need help in detail .

This is my java code
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import javax.swing.*;

public class Ammy extends Frame
{
JButton Button1;

public Ammy()
{
this.setLayout(null);
setupGUI();
}
void setupGUI()
{

Button1 = new JButton();
Button1.setLocation(250,184);
Button1.setSize(127,34);
Button1.setBackground( new Color(-6750004) );
Button1.setText("Power.exe");
add(Button1);

setTitle("untitled ( Frame )");
setSize(679,594);
setBackground( new Color(-1) );
setVisible(true);
setResizable(true);
}
public static void main( String args[] )
{
new Ammy();
}
}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-run-exe-file-when-button-clicked.1066416/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone Please refer to the attached access files both Access amp Access versions attached in reference to this query I have researched and moved on a little from my last plead for help The previous form regarding KLAs clicked button when record Save ONLY and curriculum is now relegated to becoming a subform of the new form I ve created The new form quot Unit Plan Save record ONLY when button clicked Creation quot has tabs with the second tab incorporating a datasheet read only a subform to add outcomes to be displayed in the data sheet a button to raise the subform and a brief display of the fields of entry from the first tab It is Save record ONLY when button clicked the first tab that is causing the problem I have bound fields yes I worked out how to do this successfully for this instance in which the user enters information to save as a new record into a new table Save record ONLY when button clicked quot Term Plans quot Form Field Table Field txtUnitPlanName PlanName txtYearOfTeaching TermYear txtTermNumber TermNumber TermID table primary key I then have a wizard created button which predominantly is set up to save the data into the new table then move the cursor to the next tab The latter works fine - the cursor moves to the next tab on clicking the button I have validated of the fields using the Validation Rule Form Field Validation Rule txtYearOfTeaching Like quot quot txtTermNumber gt And lt with associated Validation Text explaining what is required I have guarded against null fields through the On Click event I tried Before Update initially but had difficulty getting it to work prior to the generic system error messages for some silly reason Anyway validation happens hopefully on the click of the button Validation appears to occur OK unless I have missed possibilities for error highly likely with my several days of Access experience The FIRST problem I see is to do with saving the data - data saving appears to happen behind the button i e appears to save it simply on continual tabbing past the fields rather than ONLY on the click of my button The SECOND problem is that the record saving occurs as an overwrite not as a NEW record when the button is pressed I want the user to enter the data as per the validation then click on the button which should Validate the fields Save the data as a NEW record Enable the second tab Move the user to the second tab which should display the new data in the fields provided it does this but I m not convinced of solidity due to the overwriting thing Disable the first tab as I only want the user to be able to enter one set of information as the remaining tabs relate directly and solely to the information in the first tab Note I haven t investigated how to enable disable tabs in code yet I have ventured a little into attempting to write some VB shamelessly plagerised from other users which appears to be what learning VB is all about Here is my On Click event Private Sub SaveNewPlan Click Dim val As Integer If IsNull Me txtUnitPlanName Then MsgBox quot Please enter a name for your new Unit Plan quot val val Cancel True End If If IsNull Me txtYearOfTeaching Then MsgBox quot Please enter a calender year of teaching this new Unit Plan quot val val Cancel True End If If IsNull Me txtTermNumber Then MsgBox quot There are only terms in a year Please enter a number indicating the term in which the Unit Plan is to be taught quot Cancel True End If If val lt Then DoCmd RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Me Add Outcomes SetFocus End If End Sub Basically it checks each field in turn and adds up the errors solely as a way of telling if there are any errors in the whole and executes the save command I found that this little quot Docmd quot line appears to be almost universal for saving bound fields on any form I expected to have to write an SQL statement or some string in order to save the info Is the above the correct way to go about this The fields seem to intuitively save to the bound fields without th... Read more

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
I'm trying to make the submit button on my email form redirect to a different URL when it's clicked and still submit the message. What's the code to do this and where do I put it? THE FORM IS IN HTML

A:URL redirect when submit button is clicked

If you truly want to submit to one page and redirect to another, you are not going to like your options. The page you are submitting to should do the redirection.

However, you have 3 options if you only have html and javascript.

Submit to the one page in a new window and then change the location of the current window.

You do have to consider popup blockers, but if you are actually clicking to submit, the popup blocker should let it through unless the person has "block all popups" set for their browser.

The good thing about that way is the redirection doesn't interfere with the submission. You could autoclose the popup window after a certain time, but if it's closed too soon, it could interupt the tranfer.

Now the another way is to have an invisible iframe that you submit to. You use javascript for this to disable the normal form actions, submit to the iframe and then change the location after a certain amount of time.

That method will work, but the change of location can interupt the submission in the iframe.

The 3rd way and maybe the best way is to use the XML HTTP Request Object.

I've really never messed with it so you'll have to investigate that to see if it allows you do to what you want. It won't be supported in old browsers so if you have to support ancient browsers, this is not the way to go. The url I posted should definitely help. If you click the "loadcode button on that page, you'll set how it works and how you can use get or post to submit to the server.

Here's an example of the iframe way though that will give you some hints of how to control the forms. (tested only in opera). When you click submit, it will do a google search in the hidden iframe and then in 3 seconds, redirect you to www.hardocp.com.
Code:

<script type="text/javascript">
function multi() {
var obj = document.forms.searchform;
var info = obj.action + "?" + obj.q.name + "=" + obj.q.value;
frames['hide'].location = info;
setTimeout("location = 'http://www.hardocp.com';", 3000);
}
</script>
<form id="searchform" action="http://www.google.com/search" method="get" onsubmit="return false;">
<div>
<label for="search">Search Google</label>
<input id="search" type="text" name="q" />
<a href="javascript:multi()">Submit</a>
</div>
</form>
<div style="visibility: hidden; width: 0px; height: 0px;">
<iframe name="hide" src=""></iframe>
</div>

You'll have to change things to work for the pages you need to work with.

Edit:

I tried the request object method and it works, but in Opera at least, the get request uri must be on the same domain that the script is running. That means it will work, but not if the page you are submitting to is on a different domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/url-redirect-when-submit-button-is-clicked.321508/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have get rid my shut down button like on this thread

Shut Down - Enable or Disable Shut Down without Logging On - Windows 7 Help Forums

but I do not have clue to get rid or hide connect to internet button while on lock screen.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

A:How to get rid connect to internet button on log on window

Hello hihorrow, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the network connect icon on the sign-in screen.

Networks UI on Sign in Screen - Enable or Disable

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72543-how-get-rid-connect-internet-button-log-window.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey all

I have recently recoved from a hive error, and now my computer seems to be running ok, however:

If I click the start button, then mouse over the all programs (to launch the programs folder) the installed programs wont popup?

Has anyone heard or seen of the programs not showing when the all programs group is hovered over on a xp macine?
Ad better yet anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

I went to google did a search clicked a link and all of a sudden I have this HOME SEARCH bs on my start page but it's not my start page it isn't in the internet options under start page and my start page still says it's blank but i open it up and it loads all this crap I tried running spybot and adaware and they keep crashing when i get to the select and delete phase only option is registry so here is my log of which is totally screwed thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ipar exe C WINDOWS netwz exe C hijack this HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS system okgmu dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft on google the wrong clicked link Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS system okgmu dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer clicked on the wrong google link Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS system okgmu dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS system okgmu dll clicked on the wrong google link sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS system okgmu dll sp html R clicked on the wrong google link - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS system okgmu dll sp html R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - F DD-B AC- EC -A F - F ED C - C WINDOWS system appqv dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run netwz exe C WINDOWS netwz exe O - HKLM Run tmp C DOCUME Scruffy LOCALS Temp tmp exe O - HKLM Run tibs C WINDOWS System tibs exe O - HKLM Run tmp exe C DOCUME Scruffy LOCALS Temp tmp exe O - HKCU Run Steam C Program Files Valve Steam Steam exe -silent O - HKCU Run olecli C WINDOWS System olecli exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - DPF - - - - - ms-its mhtml file C one MHT http www t com inst x chm open exe O - DPF D D - - BB- - D D - file c counter cab O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr ca C cab O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http software-dl real com c aac p RdxIE cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe O - Service Remote Procedure Call RPC Helper - Unknown - C WINDOWS system ipar exe

A:clicked on the wrong google link

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run ad-aware SE with VX2 add-on cleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy (with updated database) and CWShredder as these programs will clean a lot of the crap out first. All links to programs are in my signature. Ok..on to the log?..

Run them from safe mode if they crash in normal mode.

Download and install CleanUp http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

Go to My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System Files and Folders are showing/visible also. Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be but make sure)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipar32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\netwz32.exe

Check and fix the following in HijackThis if they still exist (make sure you do not miss an entry)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\okgmu.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\okgmu.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\okgmu.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\okgmu.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\okgmu.dll/sp.html#28129
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\okgmu.dll/sp.html#28129
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {794F43DD-B7AC-6EC0-A5F6-521F6ED11C88} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\appqv32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [netwz32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\netwz32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [36.tmp] C:\DOCUME~1\Scruffy\LOCALS~1\Temp\36.tmp.exe 0 28129
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tibs3] C:\WINDOWS\System32\tibs3.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [36.tmp.exe] C:\DOCUME~1\Scruffy\LOCALS~1\Temp\36.tmp.exe 0 28129
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [olecli] C:\WINDOWS\System32\olecli.exe
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-222222222222} - ms-its:mhtml:file://C:one.MHT!http://www.t058.com//inst//x.chm::/open.exe
O16 - DPF: {1D0D9077-3798-49BB-9058-393499174D5D} - file://c:\counter.cab
O23 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Helper - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipar32.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders in RED (delete folders if no filename is specified or they are RED) according to their directory (If you can't find them...do a search for them?make sure you have search hidden files, folders, sub directorys..ect enabled if it applys to your OS)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipar32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\netwz32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\okgmu.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\appqv32.dll
C:\DOCUME~1\Scruffy\LOCALS~1\Temp\36.tmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tibs3.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\olecli.exe
c:\counter.cab
C:\one.MHT!http <== Make sure that or something simularly named is not on C:\

Now RUN Cleanup....and reboot/logoff when prompted.

Once done reboot into Normal Mode and post a new HijackThis log file to confirm what was removed and if it's clean or not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/clicked-on-the-wrong-google-link-30195.html
Relevancy 60.63%

It seems clicked HJT log site Might've a on included wrong - we should just make a topic called quot Armageddons Paranoia Checks quot and can someone tell me why trend seems to think I both do and don t have internet access Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Might've clicked on a wrong site - HJT log included Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Might've clicked on a wrong site - HJT log included Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files twc medicsp bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Trend Micro AntiVirus quot C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe quot - --delay O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NvSvc quot RUNDLL EXE quot C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mightve-clicked-on-a-wrong-site-hjt-log-included.716530/
Relevancy 60.63%

Yeah I knew exactly when I clicked it I was in trouble wish I would have realized it a split second earlier Anyways getting a bunch of quot system alert quot messages in the system tray I ran AVG and it found and when i hit apply all actions it prompted me to delete a group and then crashed so I don t know if that fixed anything running again after this post Here is the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS wrong the Embarassing...clicked file system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Embarassing...clicked the wrong file System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA MICROS wcescomm exe C Program Files SEC Natural Color NaturalColorLoad exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESMgr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Video ActiveX Object isamonitor exe C Program Files Video ActiveX Object isamini exe C Program Files Video ActiveX Object pmsngr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Video ActiveX Object pmmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - a ddc - - ab-a f-f a f d - C Program Files Video ActiveX Object isaddon dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll file missing O - Toolbar Protection Bar - D BAA- BD - C -BE B- BD BD F - C Program Files Video ActiveX Object iesplugin dll file missing O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe quot --force start minimized O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C PROGRA MICROS wcescomm exe quot O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup NaturalColorLoad lnk O - Extra context menu item amp Viewpoint Search - res C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll CXTSEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv d... Read more

Relevancy 60.63%
A:Solved: [VB.NET 2010] Launch an .exe or browse to it if button is clicked

Glad to hear that it's solved. Would you please post the solution that you found so that others can benefit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vb-net-2010-launch-an-exe-or-browse-to-it-if-button-is-clicked.951253/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm using windows xp pro service pack 2.

There is no advanced button under settings for microphone and "Advanced Controls" cannot be selected/checked within the "Options" menu near the top of the window for recording. Please tell me how to make the advanced button for microphone available. Thank you very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-button-cannot-be-clicked-in-recording-in-control-panel.564634/
Relevancy 60.63%

For the last couple of years, I have used ICQ Pro 2003a, but now when I click on the "History" button in the chat window, ICQ crashes

Why is this happening?

How do I resolve this issue?

A:[SOLVED] ICQ 2003a crashes when History button is clicked

Just uninstall & reinstall via Add/Remove Programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-icq-2003a-crashes-when-history-button-is-clicked-348631.html
Relevancy 60.63%

When the power button is pressed on the tower, it flashes it and the computer sounds like it about to start up when the button goes back off and doesn't start-up. Occasionally it works after end on end of pressing the button (sometimes up to 30 minutes) but crashes after 15-40 minutes. What can I do!!

I'm considering buying an all in one PC but I don't know if they're goof for playing games with high detail I.e Simulations. Any views?​

A:When power button clicked, flashes then turns back off

Sounds like a bad power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-power-button-clicked-flashes-then-turns-back-off.215520/
Relevancy 60.2%

running xp on a business computer. Called tech support... router and modem are fine. Ran a ping test, everythings good. Un installed norton (FYI this is NOT my computer) and still nothing. Whats wrong with it? any suggestions? Is there a bad driver? how do i check?

A:Can't Connect to Internet Whats wrong?

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Did you run the Norton Removal Tool? Its unlikely to have been removed properly if you didn't.

To check for outdated drivers, click start, right click my computer, select manage, in the left pane select device manager. In the main window, do you see any warning signs or yellow question marks ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-connect-to-internet-whats-wrong-487732.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I am new to this forum and id like to say hello.

Last night I was getting all my files together on a external hard drive WD 1.5 TB

This morning once it all was complete I was going to format my other HD but accidently clicked format on the one everything was on...years and years of all my stuff :(

I noticed it was the wrong HD in about 2 seconds and just unplugged its power and usb cable. Idk if this is important but this is an external HD.

What is the best method of recovery? What program should I use? Is there a free one that could do the job?

Oh also when I plugged the external HD back in...it was like you must format this hd before you can use it..

Thank you all for help in advance :)

I really hope I can recover all my files.

A:PLEASE HELP-I accidentaly clicked Format on wrong HD ( Moved )

Hi,

Use partition find and mount to try and get it back Partition Find and Mount &mdash; free partition recovery software on a hdd that size it may take a few hours but if its only had a format and nothing else has been put on it since then this should get the partition back.

My brother did exactly the same thing last week , so I told him 2 run this and it found the partitions which were formatted and he got everything back.

let me know how you get on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/solved-please-help-i-accidentaly-clicked-format-on-wrong-hd-604092.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Laptop freezes for 10 seconds time to time (especially streaming on youtube, scrolling with arrows, clicking the hidden items in taskbar)

Appreciate all help....

Thank you

A:laptop freezes when the hidden symbols button on taskbar is clicked

Quote: Originally Posted by enistoshiba

Laptop freezes for 10 seconds time to time (especially streaming on youtube, scrolling with arrows, clicking the hidden items in taskbar)

Appreciate all help....

Thank you

Several issues
1-this crash was Related to iaStor.sys Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - ia32.. Your is from before windows was released and needs to be updated.

2-Other old drivers needing updating

Code:
nipbcfk.sys 7/10/2007 8:07:45 PM fffff880`00dcc000 fffff880`00dd4000 0x00008000 0x46942d61
nimdbgk.dll 6/13/2008 10:34:58 AM fffff880`087b5000 fffff880`087fe000 0x00049000 0x485293a2
nimdbgkl.sys 6/13/2008 10:35:06 AM fffff880`063fa000 fffff880`06400000 0x00006000 0x485293aa
nimxdfk.dll 6/13/2008 11:06:20 AM fffff880`0622a000 fffff880`06284000 0x0005a000 0x48529afc
nimxdfkl.sys 6/13/2008 11:06:28 AM fffff880`06224000 fffff880`0622a000 0x00006000 0x48529b04
nidimk.dll 6/13/2008 11:29:46 AM fffff880`062ac000 fffff880`062f6000 0x0004a000 0x4852a07a
nidimkl.sys 6/13/2008 11:29:54 AM fffff880`06284000 fffff880`0628a000 0x00006000 0x4852a082
adfs.SYS 6/26/2008 3:52:37 PM fffff880`02aa2000 fffff880`02aba000 0x00018000 0x48640195
nimru2k.dll 11/24/2008 2:08:20 AM fffff880`08c8b000 fffff880`08cfb000 0x00070000 0x492a52e4
nimru2kl.sys 11/24/2008 2:08:37 AM fffff880`06299000 fffff880`0629f000 0x00006000 0x492a52f5
vna.sys 12/29/2008 7:10:44 AM fffff880`0abad000 fffff880`0abd30c0 0x000260c0 0x4958be44
nimstsk.dll 12/29/2008 2:44:56 PM fffff880`06206000 fffff880`06224000 0x0001e000 0x495928b8
nimstskl.sys 12/29/2008 2:45:05 PM fffff880`06200000 fffff880`06206000 0x00006000 0x495928c1
mcdbus.sys 2/24/2009 5:34:07 AM fffff880`042ff000 fffff880`0433b880 0x0003c880 0x49a3cd1f
spldr.sys 5/11/2009 11:56:27 AM fffff880`0167c000 fffff880`01684000 0x00008000 0x4a0858bb
GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/18/2009 7:17:04 AM fffff880`03fd7000 fffff880`03fe4000 0x0000d000 0x4a1151c0
amdxata.sys 5/19/2009 12:56:59 PM fffff880`0116c000 fffff880`01177000 0x0000b000 0x4a12f2eb
Toshidpt.sys 5/19/2009 8:19:57 PM fffff880`0ea16000 fffff880`0ea17000 0x00001000 0x4a135abd
Tosrfhid.sys 5/19/2009 8:23:51 PM fffff880`0ea00000 fffff880`0ea15b00 0x00015b00 0x4a135ba7
RtHDMIVX.sys 5/20/2009 5:04:50 AM fffff880`04281000 fffff880`042b0b00 0x0002fb00 0x4a13d5c2
Rt64win7.sys 5/22/2009 9:52:30 AM fffff880`03f94000 fffff880`03fcd000 0x00039000 0x4a16bc2e
nipalk.sys 5/26/2009 5:54:23 PM fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01972000 0x000e7000 0x4a1c731f
tosrfec.sys 6/1/2009 1:58:53 AM fffff880`084e4000 fffff880`084ed000 0x00009000 0x4a237c2d
nipxirmk.dll 6/4/2009 4:56:16 PM fffff880`02ac0000 fffff880`02ae1000 0x00021000 0x4a284300
nipxirmkl.sys 6/4/2009 4:56:25 PM fffff880`02aba000 fffff880`02ac0000 0x00006000 0x4a284309
dump_iaStor.sys 6/4/2009 8:53:40 PM fffff880`02c8a000 fffff880`02da6000 0x0011c000 0x4a287aa4
iaStor.sys 6/4/200... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201057-laptop-freezes-when-hidden-symbols-button-taskbar-clicked.html
Relevancy 59.34%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Si at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS sySTEM SvchoSt some and BAM! accidentally link of a I clicked wrong kind. Virus ExE -k browserctl svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX DrvLsnr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Wireless USB Installer WINXP USB Wireless Client Utility exe C Program Files Wireless LAN g Wireless I accidentally clicked a wrong link and BAM! Virus of some kind. USB Adapter HW V WlanCU exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc svchost C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Program Files CometBird CometBird exe C WINDOWS system LVComsX exe C Documents and Settings Si Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google I accidentally clicked a wrong link and BAM! Virus of some kind. com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar I accidentally clicked a wrong link and BAM! Virus of some kind. dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO BitComet Helper f e - a- b a-bcaf- b bfdfea - c program files bitcomet tools BitCometBHO dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Foxit Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background uRun LDM c program files logitech desktop messenger program BackWeb- exe uRun LogitechSoftwareUpdate quot c program files logitech video ManifestEngine exe quot boot uRun EA Core quot c program files electronic arts eadm Core exe quot -silent mRun Smapp c program files analog devices soundmax SMTray exe mRun DrvLsnr c program files analog devices soundmax DrvLsnr exe mRun LVCOMSX c windows system LVCOMSX EXE mRun LogitechVideoRepair c program files logitech video ISStart exe mRun LogitechVideoTray c program files logitech video LogiTray exe mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun ATICCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace cli exe quot runtime -Delay mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files mpcstar codecs quicktime qtsystem qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun DeskMateAutoUpdate c progra deskma DeskMateAutoUpdate exe mRun sysldtray c windows ld exe mRun pp c windows pp exe dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE StartupFolder c documents and settings si start menu programs startup ikowin exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup usbwir lnk - c program files wireless usb installer winxp USB Wireless Client Utility exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup wirele lnk - c pro... Read more

A:I accidentally clicked a wrong link and BAM! Virus of some kind.

Howdy there and welcome to TSF Forums

I'm Steve and I will be helping you throughout this fix.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step. Please perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

Vista users please make sure you all run commands with administrator rights (right click icon - run as administrator)

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days from this initial posting then the thread will be closed.

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/i-accidentally-clicked-a-wrong-link-and-bam-virus-of-some-kind-406362.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi The family laptop mainly used by my teenage daughter for MSN has developed an issue whereby when Google is used to search for a topic then Google page links when redirect clicked to wrong any resultant links clicked upon redirect Google links redirect to wrong page when clicked to Google links redirect to wrong page when clicked a completely different site usually advertising but not always This doesn t seem to happen with a different search engine I tried - dogpile I used MalwareBytes to scan the computer and it reported one virus which I deleted successfully Google links redirect to wrong page when clicked no longer shown on subsequent scans However the redirection is still happening On searching the web via another hopefully uninfected computer I saw suggestions of downloading running hijackthis and posting the output on a clever forum such as this one Log output below Other info After running MalwareBytes Chrome no longer opened successfully so I have uninstalled this for the time being Currently no viruses malware being shown in MalwareBytes or ParetoLogic PC Health Advisor Hoping someone on this forum can suggest how to proceed from here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Documents and Settings Dougie My Documents DOWNLOADS HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Soft... Read more

A:Google links redirect to wrong page when clicked

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum.
Once in the correct forum I read the pre-post instructions and am using this reply to add the DDS and GMER logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366682/google-links-redirect-to-wrong-page-when-clicked/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,

This is my first post,

My main computer is just about dead (ill be doing the 8 steps later) - im using it now and "borrowing" a neighbor's internet connection because mine is acting weird.

a friend loaned me a laptop while i fix my other comp, the laptop cant connect to the internet.

I just got done talking to tech support, and we pinged a couple sites, that all worked. but something is keeping IE from accessing the internet,

There is only windows standard firewall, and i took that down for now. i dont know what is blocking internet access!

Can someone help?

A:Cannot Connect to internet, Firewall is down and I can Ping out, what is wrong?

Hi Ryan

Get the Attachment on a Flash drive or burn to CD get to the desktop of the problem computer.

Click here: try to get the attachment the malware may allow programs to run!

On this board Executable (.EXE ) can not be attached so download the Fixit.zip Rt Click it get Properties and in the name box change from Fixit.zip to Fixit.exe.

Boot to Safe mode and execute it. When it reboots execute it once again from normal boot. When it boots back up you should be able to work somewhat normally, at least to do the 8 Step Process.

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-internet-firewall-is-down-and-i-can-ping-out-what-is-wrong.116782/
Relevancy 59.34%

My browser home page is set to hxxp www google com When I double click on my browser Firefox to open it it opens this page hxxp developer Page when on in Automatic button Redirect/Error clicked Home Browser yahoo com yql console If i type another website address it works fine But when I type in hxxp www google com the same error page comes Sometimes another similar error page comes but by google If i Automatic Redirect/Error Page when clicked on Home button in Browser type is hxxp www google CA it works fine also Please note that this happens suddenly for sometime and then it automatically geets fixed somehow When everything is working fine I dont have any issue going to hxxp www google com and clicking on home button in browser takes me Automatic Redirect/Error Page when clicked on Home button in Browser to hxxp www google com I am using Windows Home Premium and its -bit operating system DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Welcome at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated B E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite adminservice exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMStatus exe C Program Files x Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWare exe C Program Files Common Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService x exe C Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXE C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x ZTE Connection Manager AssistantServices exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exe C Program Files x Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x ZTE Connection Manager UIExec exe C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Internet Modem NokiaInternetModem AppStart exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Updatus daemon... Read more

A:Automatic Redirect/Error Page when clicked on Home button in Browser

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please download aswMBR.exe to your desktop. Double-click aswMBR.exe to run it.
When prompted to download the latest Avast! virus definitions, please choose Yes
Click the Scan button to start scan.
Wait until it says, 'Scan finished successfully'. ( Note - do not select any Fix at this time)
Click Save log, and save it to your desktop.
Click Exit.
Please post the contents of that log, aswMBR.txt, in your next reply.
------------------------------------------------------Download and extract Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here mbar-1.01.0.1021.zip and save it to your desktop.
Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up any important data before using.
Double-click mbar.exe inside the mbar folder then click 'Next'.
Note: Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit requires administrative privileges to function properly.
Click 'Update'.
When finished updating, click 'Next' then 'Scan'.
If malware is found, do NOT press the' Cleanup' button yet. Click 'Exit'.
Please post the contents of the two log files created by the tool within the folder from which it was run.
The logs will be named mbar-log-YYYY-MM-DD (##-##-##).txt and system-log.txt

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/automatic-redirect-error-page-when-clicked-on-home-button-in-browser-689986.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I've an external drive that has two partitions. I wanted to merge them and Clicked Delete Volume on Windows 7 Disk Management......but on the wrong partition.

There's no undo feature :-(

I've seen this but understand it only works on Windows 2000 and XP. How To Recover an Accidentally Deleted NTFS or FAT32 Dynamic Volume

I've also seen this Free Partition Recovery Wizard - recover deleted, lost partitions with EaseUS Partition Master.

I havn't done anything to the drive and don't want to do the wrong thing in case I start loosing data.

Has anyone used "EaseUS Partition Master" once it's restored the partitions are all the files intact? Or do I then need to use a file undeleter? I had about 91GB of data on the partition and don't have another drive at the moment with that much free?

Are there other software downloads that can help me?

Many Thanks
Louis

A:Clicked Delete Volume on wrong partition in Disk Management

I took a gamble.....

The key here was that I did not do anything with Windows or the drive, once I deleted the Volume.

Recover Deleted Partitions. Undelete Partition. Unerase Partition. Restore Partition - EaseUS Partition Recovery and Partition Table Doctor was perfect.

EaseUS Partition Recovery for free restored the partition and this included all files on the partition so no need for an undelete too.

Cheers
Louis

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/261107-clicked-delete-volume-wrong-partition-disk-management.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey everyone,
I got a new HP laptop running Windows 7. When I turn on my laptop, my wireless is off. So I click on F12 (my wireless button), to activate my wireless. The orange light turns blue. Even though the light indicates that my wireless is on, I have to go to device manager>networking>802.11n>advanced then activate my radio for my laptop to pick up the wireless signals. The problem is that I have to do this every time I turn on my laptop, and its getting quite repetitive. Please give me instructions on how to allow the Laptop to do this automatically, rather than me doing it manually on every start up.
Thank You

A:Wireless must be manually activated after start up and wireless button is clicked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-must-be-manually-activated-after-start-up-and-wireless-button-is-clicked.1002284/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey everyone.

So you all know the fishy download sites that do their best to make you click the wrong "Download" icon, and instead download something else. It usually comes with the same file name of the thing you originally wanted, but with an .exe format.
If this happens, I usually stop the download before it even finishes, but a few minutes the .exe was so small it finished before I had the chance - and even though I didn't click it, suddenly I get a Windows 7 "ESET GUI has stopped working" message.

I restarted the GUI and everything seemed back to normal, but the anomaly is obviously connected to the file. I'm worried it had done some damage within that window of opportunity.

How do I make sure?

Windows 7 64
Core i7 860 @ 2.8GHz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte P55M-UD2
NOD32 5.2.9.1, up to date.
Thanks.

A:Clicked the wrong "download", started downloading an .exe, ESET GUI stopped working

Scan your machine with online scanners.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicked-the-wrong-download-started-downloading-an-exe-eset-gui-stopped-working.1112254/
Relevancy 51.6%

i accidently pushed the ignore button on some things that i need to remove. How do i get them back (out of ignore) so i can remove them.
I need help. Thanks

A:help on pushing the wrong button

On what application did you tell it to ignore?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-on-pushing-the-wrong-button-180121.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I've got a problem with internet explorer that I've tried resolving myself but failed Using Windows for about years no problem Installed all latest updates no issues with security or viruses malware etc Internet explorer won't open simply doesn't execute when clicked on The shortcut didn't open it at first so located the source file from installation in program to Internet when clicked Opening ? Explorer files double click an still won't open I then removed it from the system by using the quot turn off Windows features quot utility restarted deffraged disk cleaned - cleared temp files etc - Then turned it back on restarted an quot double click quot - won't open Very bizarre - so thought it must be a corrupt file maybe due to an Windows update - so did a quot system restore quot to the earliest date I could find by showing hidden dates an the restore failed would then not boot to Windows apart from in safe mode so I reverted back to the precious date Now I'm stuck with what to do Many thanks in advance if anyone can help Stuart

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/396366-internet-explorer-opening-when-clicked.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I've got a problem with internet explorer that I've tried resolving myself but failed Using Windows for about years no problem Installed all latest updates no issues with security or viruses malware etc Internet explorer won't open simply doesn't execute when clicked on The shortcut didn't open it at first so located the source file from installation ? when Opening Internet clicked to Explorer in program files Internet Explorer to Opening when clicked ? double click an still won't open I then removed it from the system by using the quot turn off Windows features quot utility restarted deffraged disk cleaned - cleared temp files etc - Then turned it back on restarted an quot double click quot - won't open Very bizarre - so thought it must be a corrupt file maybe due to an Windows update - so did a quot system restore quot to the earliest date I could find by showing hidden dates an the restore failed would then not boot to Windows apart from in safe mode so I reverted back to the precious date Now I'm stuck with what to do Many thanks in advance if anyone can help Stuart

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/396366-internet-explorer-opening-when-clicked.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Whoops... I broke the explorer pinned icon button somehow, and now it has the wrong icon :S (the my computer icon fyi)

but i would like the old icon back and i can not seem to change it back the same way i changed it in the first place.. can somebody help me plz

A:Pinned Explorer Button Wrong Icon

Hallo Rippsblack, if you navigate in your menu to Accessories & right click on Windows Explorer select Properties then Shortcut tab & select Change Icon pick the icon you want then click Apply & O.K.

Hope this is what you were after

Attachment 55238

Edit; I just re read your post if it is the my computer icon go into your Control Panel select Personalization, in the top L.H. corner click on change desktop icons click on the Computer icon & use the same process as stated above;

Attachment 55243

If these steps do not work then it might pay to look at this tutorial;

Icon Cache - Rebuild

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/64884-pinned-explorer-button-wrong-icon.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I just loaded windows XP disk and was trying to follow directions from a website and I am so afraid to hit the wrong button I am at the very beginning screen says hit Installing button-HELP to Solved: XP-scared wrong The following list shows the existing partitions and unpartioned space on this computer use arrows to select item in list blah blah blah There is only one C HP Pavillion FAT I thought I should just delete that and start over but when I said delete it said it would maybe remove things I would need I was told at the computer store to just follow Solved: Installing XP-scared to hit wrong button-HELP the directions and it s Solved: Installing XP-scared to hit wrong button-HELP not that easy I m scared to do something wrong I have already saved everything I want and Solved: Installing XP-scared to hit wrong button-HELP don t need anything on the computer do I delete this When I just tried to install it on that drive it said I shouldn t put OS on same drive now I just don t know what step to take Delete the C drive and it will let me make a new one w NTFS if I want That s what the computer guy told me to do NTFS but I am scared scared scared please advise I think I can follow the rest just stuck here Thanks and kindest regards Christine nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

When I click on the internet icon a window opens: "Open with: choose the program you want to open this file ." Then underneath "file: ssvagent.exe" along with a list of software options. It is only when I click cancel on this window that the internet will open. This message occurs everytime I open something new on the internet as well.
When I click on any of the software icons I get a message "application not found"

It appears that a virus has effected the assocation with the applications.

How can I fix this?

A:Internet and software won't open when icons are clicked

I googled that executable and it referenced Java, so try using this tool: JavaRA and then visit the following: Java Runtime Environment to install the latest java.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325580/internet-and-software-wont-open-when-icons-are-clicked/
Relevancy 50.31%

yesterday all of a sudden my acer aspire clicked internet netbook allowing not to buttons be one netbook stopped allowing me to click things in FF unless i sit and wait mins each time the netbook was running slow but i ran my avg and one of the recommended online scans and cleaned wut they found now my FF takes forever to allow me to click links even when the page is loaded Chrome allows me to do it but if i press back the tab will open a new one or the tab im in will close randomly and chrome will shut down here s my netbook internet not allowing buttons to be clicked hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS netbook internet not allowing buttons to be clicked System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system netbook internet not allowing buttons to be clicked svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM RS Service exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C DOCUME TYRONE LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Documents and Settings Tyrone Thomas Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Tyrone Thomas Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Tyrone Thomas Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Tyrone Thomas Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Tyrone Thomas Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Tyrone Thomas Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Tyrone Thomas Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one R - HKCU Software Microsoft Interne... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

For some odd reason, whenever I click on the Internet Explorer icon on my desktop, it just creates a shortcut of itself. Try to open it three times, get three shortcuts.

So I right clicked, and there is no "open". Just "create shortcut".

If I go under Customize Desktop, and hide IE, and then go into program files and send IE to desktop as a shortcut, it works fine, but then it's a shortcut. I can't seem to get the regular ol' icon to open.

It's Internet Explorer 6.something. Should I just install 7 and be done with it? (I don't really use it, I use Firefox, but this isn't my computer that this is happening on in the first place, so...).

Using Windows XP Professional SP2.

What's happening, and how can I fix it?

A:Internet Explorer creates shortcuts of itself when clicked

it probably is worth installing ie7 and see if it fixes it

if not then it might be malware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-creates-shortcuts-of-itself-when-clicked.89996/
Relevancy 50.31%

When I click a link in Outlook or any other programs, IE just opens with nothing in the window, I've tried reloading it AND updating with no change. Any ideas?

Relevancy 50.31%

When clicking a link on the web page Internet Explorer pop up window opens but it freezes it resumes to the directed page when the internet explorer is stopped and refreshed Also on the windows link clicked freezes when Explorer Internet is update Internet Explorer freezes when link is clicked the Web Internet Explorer freezes when link is clicked Dialog freezes and does not continue anymore I ve tried to follow the instruction at http v windowsupdate microsoft com troubleshoot Problem Description After accepting the EULA the Windows Update - Web Page Dialog window appears but the download never starts Nothing quot moves quot on the download progress bar no matter how long you leave the connection open Resolutions Please re-register the following files regsvr msscript ocx regsvr dispex dll regsvr vbscript dll regsvr scrrun dll Click quot Start quot and then click quot Run quot Type regsvr msscript ocx in the quot Open quot box and click quot OK quot Repeat for dispex dll vbscript dll and scrrun dll Next make sure file open type JS is properly associated In Control Panel click quot Folder Options quot and then click quot File Types quot Locate the JS extension and click quot Advanced quot Make sure the quot Application to perform action quot field contains C WINDOWS System WScript exe quot quot This is for a Windows XP computer For Windows substitute the C WINDOWS with C Winnt For Windows and Windows Millenium Edition substitute this C WINDOWS System for C Windows system -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But this did not work I am using a proxy server connection without firewall nbsp

A:Internet Explorer freezes when link is clicked

Try doing a windows search for ie.inf and when found right click it and select install.(be sure to set your search for hidden files and folders as well)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-freezes-when-link-is-clicked.163099/
Relevancy 49.88%

no picture shows on my screen! I don't know what to do or what I have done.
I plugged my headphones in one of the kacs at the front of my computer, which I think was the wrong one, as I heard a pulse type noise and then my computer restarted. after this the on/off button won't work and the screen is blank but the disc drive comes out and everything inside and out is connected.
Does anyone know what I could have done and how to fix this?
Any info would be much appreciated...I'm really lost without my own computer

A:Put headphones in the wrong jack and now the on/off button doesn't work and...

Try following

1. Unplug computer's power cord from the wall (or if this is laptop the battery charger from the power).
2. (Remove laptop battery, if this is laptop).
3. Wait at least 5 minutes.
4. Replug everything back and power (and pray if you believe in god).

If this wouldn't help you damaged your motherboard (or power supply for desktop computer). If this is desktop try other power supply.

Ozmaia

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/put-headphones-in-the-wrong-jack-and-now-the-on-off-button-doesnt-work-and.102357/
Relevancy 49.88%

does anyone know how i can get 7 to open winamp instead of the windows media player when i press the media button on my keyboard? somehow i didnt have this problem on xp.

A:media button on keyboard opens wrong program

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackRaven

does anyone know how i can get 7 to open winamp instead of the windows media player when i press the media button on my keyboard? somehow i didnt have this problem on xp.

do you have WinAmp set as your default media player? if not, set it & it should work.
How to Change Default Programs in Windows 7 - Windows 7
step 7 is the one you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15253-media-button-keyboard-opens-wrong-program.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Every time I click a link on my internet explorer it says "Internet Explorer has stopped working" and then the program itself doesn't close, it just opens a screen that displays that it was a malicious addon or defective one trying to access memory incorrectly or something.

It was IE 7, I updraded to 8 to try and fix it and somehow it didn't. I reinstalled my norton and updated it, I uninstalled a lot of trash programs and no addons or toolbars are enabled other than flash and whatnot.
I've even tried resetting it under internet options. Absolutely NO effect.

I have to use it, as well, so I can't use an alternative.
Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

A:Internet Explorer stop working whenever links are clicked

Is there a reason you don't have IE9. Are all your other Windows Updates installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-stop-working-whenever-links-are-clicked-667108.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi All Recently starting, cannot not email links clicked. Internet Explorer be I started Internet Explorer not starting, email links cannot be clicked. having problems with Eudora not being able to click a link and have it open the browser In dealing with that problem I discovered that IE will not start Clicking the icon I briefly get the busy icon then nothing Checking the Task manager no IE listed Also in the same vein Nero does not run it seems that many of the programs that utilize portions of IE or related items are the ones suffering issues To date the affected programs are Eudora Nero Photoreflect Desktop darkroom Also I'm encountering problems with my network in that I cannot connect to my NAS except as a media device One last issue I have user accts mine the administrator account which I can log into and a family acct which gives me an error quot Group Policy Client service failed the logon this acct has NO password When I attempt to access this acct The error message pops up then brings me back to the user login screen Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Tim

A:Internet Explorer not starting, email links cannot be clicked.

Which Security suite do you have installed,
I'm also not sure which version of Internet explorer your using ?
Seems you could be infected and it's deep enough to effect your user accounts,
Is there any error message when clicking on hyperlinks ?
Clean boot to remove unnecessary items from the Startup section,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html
Use Safe mode with networking to see if Internet explorer will download the listed free scanners,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/69585-safe-mode.html
Troubleshooting for win-7,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/220165-troubleshooting-steps-windows-7-a.html
Review Jacee?s instructions to run Adwcleaner here,
Ignore the title of the thread,
http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/303717-unusual-remote-assistance-control-process.html
You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
Uncheck the box to Activate the Free trial from the final install options,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE
This one is the longest up to 4 hours, the others are only about 45 minutes,
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/309000-internet-explorer-not-starting-email-links-cannot-clicked.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a computer with Internet Explorier 8 on it. I installed Mozilla Fox fire on it.
When I hit the Foxfire Icon internet Explorier 8 comes ups up first and Foxfire
comes up at the same time. Is there a reason for that?

What is the best brower for XP 32bit?

Thank you,

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I didn't want to bother you with this - but it's starting to make me nuts I've looked all over the intertron for answers and have seen quite a few problems like mine but the circumstances don't quite fit my button is wrong 8.1? in with pad crap What Windows left the mouse touch my situation - or at least I haven't found it yet Most of these complaints are the result of upgrades What the crap is wrong with my touch pad left mouse button in Windows 8.1? or not updating drivers and whatnot I What the crap is wrong with my touch pad left mouse button in Windows 8.1? JUST BOUGHT a new laptop I'm talkin' nine days ago My first foray into Windows So far everything is fine except for the touch pad Every now and again the left mouse button refuses to do what left mouse buttons do and I must touch the screen to click on a tab a spot on a page etc It starts working again shortly but still what the hell Also occasionally when I put the mouse pointer on the scroll bar to move through a page then move the pointer off the scroll bar and onto a link or a spot in the page I need to type or whatnot it's as if the pointer never left the scroll bar and the page keeps moving up and down when I try to get to a particular place on a page I've got an Acer laptop running Windows with a Synaptics PS Port TouchPad driver version - did a check for updates and was advised the best version was currently installed I shall await your sage counsel Thank you in advance for your time and effort

A:What the crap is wrong with my touch pad left mouse button in Windows 8.1?

I JUST BOUGHT a new laptop.  I'm talkin' nine days ago.

Unless its a software issue, Like drivers, And I doubt it is but i may be wrong. Take it back and get it fixed/replaced under warranty.

with a Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
Every now and again the left mouse button refuses to do what left mouse buttons do

I had a Microsoft Arc Touch mouse that was the same ( it was faulty)
http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/microsoft-arc-touch-mouse-inmst2165

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529491/what-the-crap-is-wrong-with-my-touch-pad-left-mouse-button-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I wanted to know how to automatically cancel the user login screen when the user enters wrong password.

normally, when user enters wrong password he is shown a screen with "The user name or password is incorrect."(fig 1 attached). And when the user clicks on the OK button he is brought to next screen that shows user login,reset button and switch user button(fig 2 attached). When the switch user button is clicked another screen is shown(fig 3 attached). On the final screen a cancel button is shown which when clicked the user is finally logged out.

I want to implement the last cancel button instead of the first screen OK button(where the user name and password is incorrect is shown).

Can anybody help me how to implement this or atleast give idea of how i can just completely log out without showing the user switch, reset etc screens?

any help is appreciated.

thanks!!

A:automatic logout/cancel button if the user password is wrong

As you only state W7, but not which version home etc,
this may or may not help, (W7 pro >>).
Local Group Policies - Apply to All Users Except Administrators

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/398635-automatic-logout-cancel-button-if-user-password-wrong.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer has been infected with malware which redirects search redirect wrong button & 'Windows' Browser malware displayed engine searches to random sites including other search engines Browser redirect malware & wrong 'Windows' button displayed I tried to run Browser redirect malware & wrong 'Windows' button displayed Malwarebytes but I could not connect to the internet to get updates I uninstalled MBAM and tried to reinstall it but could not connect to the website I downloaded a copy onto a memory stick and tried to run it from there but I get error messages I have screen shots but can t work out how to attach them to this post I have tried to run multiple different versions of rkill but it only seems to block itself One version identified some other files which it blocked I ve also got screen shots of the reports but I still can t get MBAB to run I also tried to download the SUPERAntiSpyware Free mentioned in one of the threads but again got an error message from iExplorer when I clicked the download button I also notice that the Windows button has changed from grey with black writing to a big green button with white writing I have followed the steps in Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help Various reports attached Thank you in advance for your help nbsp DDS txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp malware removal log txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp ark txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp defogger disable log nbsp nbsp bytes nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Attach txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Browser redirect malware & wrong 'Windows' button displayed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
hlp.dat
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
explorer.exe
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359247/browser-redirect-malware-wrong-windows-button-displayed/
Relevancy 49.45%

hello I have a HP ProBook 6455b Notebook running windows 10 and the LED Color for the Mute button is always orange regardless if mute is on or off. I happen to think when volume is muted it should be orange, but when volume is off mute or volume is up high the color should be light blue - is there any fix/patch for this please? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Mute-LED-on-touch-button-wrong-colour-HP-ProBook-6455b/td-p/5824053
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Everyone,I have a strange problem the computer button in the start menu has suddenly started opening My Documents folder instead of opening the computer Drives.Does anyone have a clue how to solve this?Thanks in advance..

TonyTiger

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/382441-computer-button-start-menu-opens-wrong-folder.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Well, heres the story... I was online and it said something like windows explorer is trying to access the internet, so i thought it might be a key-logger, (dumb worry wart me ) and i clicked block all on nortons and i dont know how to get back to that page where i can unclick "block all" please help me i dont know and the only reason im on the internet now is because i have to press disable nortons and then get on.. PLEASE!!

A:I clicked "Block all" on Norton internet security for internet explorer

help me please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-clicked-block-all-on-norton-internet-security-for-internet-explorer.565444/
Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings and thank you in advance for any and all assistance you can provide Background This is an issue on my Father's Dell laptop running Windows Vista Running on this PC which I installed is typically the ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Avast Free Anti-Virus and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware My Dad reported that after clicking on some link while browsing he wasn't able to access some Father Vista "Clicked" Internet, link acess PC etc - - scan, can't the internet I currently have hisPC at my home and here's what I have noticed observed found out Although I can connect on my laptop to my home wifi network I am not able to with his PC When I try to connect I get the following message Press the configuration button on the access point before continuing If I try to enter the password directly I get Windows cannot connect to this network If I try network diagnostics within Control Panel Network and Sharing Center I get Vista PC - Father "Clicked" some link - can't acess Internet, scan, etc the following messages The network adapter Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller is experiencing driver or hardware related issues Make sure your Internet Protocol Bindings are correct Upon checking both the Internet Protocol Version and Version are selected I did attempt to boot in Safe mode with networking - no difference in what I experienced above ZoneAlarm Firewall is loaded ie shows up n the bottom right taskbar but Show Monitor and Scan Now options are greyed out Avast is no longer showing up on the bottom right taskbar When I check on the desktop icon for Avast nothing happens and Avast will not load If I attempt to run MalwareBytes It will load however after a Scan is started it terminates within a few seconds with the message Threat Scan was canceled The following Programs are now on the system none of which I installed for my Father and he wouldn't have installed himself One System Care Chromium NowUSeeIt Player Again - thanks for any all assistance you can provide Mark Contents of FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by jerry ann administrator on JERRY ANN-PC - - Running from D Loaded Profiles jerry ann Available Profiles jerry ann amp LogMeInRemoteUser Platform Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved IDT Inc C WINDOWS System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ae b e stacsv exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System SLsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE Dell Inc C WINDOWS System BCMWLTRY EXE Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System wlanext exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C WINDOWS System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ae b e AEstSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System rundll exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System wbem unsecapp exe Check Point Software Technologies Ltd C Program Files CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe SkyHawke C Program Files SkyGolf CaddieSync Express CaddieSyncExpress exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run hpqSRMon gt X HKLM Run AvastUI exe gt C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKL... Read more

A:Vista PC - Father "Clicked" some link - can't acess Internet, scan, etc

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.Failure to post replies within 4 days will result in this thread being closed.

Hello mark100,
My name is mAL_rEm018, but feel free to call me mAL.  I will be helping you with your malware related problems.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Cobian BackupDriveImage XML

To make sure everything goes smoothly, I would like you to observe the following rules:
You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
Please reply to this thread.  Do not start another topic.
Perform all actions in the order given.
If you don't know, stop and ask!
DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
Don't attempt to install any new software (other than those I ask you to) until your computer is clean.
DO NOT post for help at any other forum.  Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
I advise you to print the instructions if possible, since your internet connection might not be available during some of the fixes.
Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear, therefore stick with this topic until I give you the "all clear".
While I review the log you provided please do the following..
Please rerun FRST as you did before, make sure to check the Addition.txt box before clicking Scan.  Once the scan is over, a window entitled "Addition.txt" will open.  Please post the contents of Addition.txt in your next reply.
-----------------------------------------In your next reply, I would like to see..
Addition.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615716/vista-pc-father-clicked-some-link-cant-acess-internet-scan-etc/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Preface - first post and I am fairly sophisticated computer user I double clicked an exe file by mistake the other day and now I have Internet Explorer popping up with random pages every now and then I never operate the computer as an administrator unless I have to *as explorer Double file internet - random user* now opens pages exe clicked and I was operating under normal user credentials when I executed the above mentioned file To prevent the problem from occurring I have denied access to lt C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe gt to the user in question I ve run full scans with quot Spybot Search amp Destroy quot quot Spyare Blaster quot Clamwin and Trend Micro HouseCall are running now Appreciate I am slightly out of date Double clicked exe file *as user* - now internet explorer opens random pages with malware removal techniques - the last time I had a problem it was years ago and the first two were state-of-the-art methods I am usually very well behaved but this time I just had one double click too much Kindly advice how to proceed as I am slightly lost Thanks MR

A:Double clicked exe file *as user* - now internet explorer opens random pages

Anybody on this?
Shall I go and try some of the scanners?

But in the faq it says not to do that unless requsted...

MR

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320714/double-clicked-exe-file-as-user-now-internet-explorer-opens-random-pages/
Relevancy 46.87%

"Connect to Network" button does not work

So I'm running Vista 32 Bit home edition on my desktop with a wireless PCI card. When I click on the network icon in the bottom right corner and click connect to a network, nothing happens. I've tried clicking connect to in the start menu and nothing happens there as well. This is a clean install from less than a month ago. I had it set up to automatically connect to my home network. Any ideas? I'm currently running the internet directly connected to my modem via cable since I cant get onto my wireless network. Thanks for any help!

A:Connect to Network button does nothing

OK:Are you sure that your wireless adapter is active?
Look at it in device manager.Any error indicators.
Status should be enabled and working properly
From network connections can you view any wireless networks ?
I don't have Vista,so can't give you exact instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-to-network-button-does-nothing.844485/
Relevancy 46.44%

Good day all,

My son disconnected the wifi on his laptop. I know it is in Parameters - R?seau et internet (network - internet) - Wifi but the button to activate won't move. Don't know what to do.

Thank you

A:Cannot connect Wifi (Button won't change)

Do you have some other programme controlling WiFi that might have been installed by laptop manufacturer? Check in the system tray for any wifi software and activate it from there.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36418-cannot-connect-wifi-button-wont-change.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I turn on wifi option..even try to set up wireless connection.. and at last resort tried to use my range extender device, but nada something is wrong.. cant figure out. I know its probaley right under my nose, but cant find the cause. any clues?

A:i cant connect via WI-FI...what am i doing wrong?

You don't give us much to go on do you see networks what happens when you connect error messages

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67760-i-cant-connect-via-wi-fi-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html
Relevancy 46.01%

HiMy son has a HP Pavilion g6 laptop which operates Windows 8.1All been working fine until yesterday when the orange light on the f12 button came on and laptop won't connect to the internet.  we can't turn this light off.Any help would be most gratefulThanks!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:f12 button orange light is on and can't connect to the inter...

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 5) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/f12-button-orange-light-is-on-and-can-t-connect-to-the/td-p/3954408
Relevancy 46.01%

Wireless BluRay player has always automatically connected to my Netgear 3700 router. Now it will only connect if I select PCB(WPS) in the BluRay network config and then press the WPS button on the router.
So I tried reserving an ip address an manually entered it in the BluRay config, no luck, so set back to automatic.
I was in the router config program recently, could I have hit a wrong key ?

A:Requires WPS button to connect everytime- no auto

Let me add that my wireless laptop still connects without any issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/requires-wps-button-to-connect-everytime-no-auto.1081018/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, the connect to a network dialog box on my Vista Ultimate system is displaying incorrectly. It is the one like below, but mine doesn't show the refresh button anymore and the outer right hand edge of the box where the scroll bar is doesn't have a boundary line. Is this a registry problem? I have a picture of what it should look like and I have a picture of what mine looks like. All help is much appreciated!

A:Connect to network dialog box border & Refresh button cut off

hello

did this just start happening? is this a new computer that came with a trial version of norton or McAfee and you recently uninstalled ?
what anti virus do you use?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-to-network-dialog-box-border-refresh-button-cut-off.892282/
Relevancy 45.15%

So I recently installed W7 on my computer (not the one you see in My System Specs, a different one). Was all good unitll trying to connect to the router.

When entering the network security code, it seems to be incorrect, though I am sure it is.

The USB adapter is an Edimax EW-7711UAn

The router is some Belkin 'N'

Much appreciated.

EDIT: And also, ethernet cable(s) are not detected.

Relevancy 45.15%

ok before i start i must admit i suck with computers anyways i wanted to play a LAN game with someone but it didnt work i asked for help other places and they asked me if i was able to even share files using LAN and i just dont know how to get that what LAN connect to via PLS, HELP wrong. cant my idea Vista my no is XP done i have been looking at soo many posts and google links but i still cant get it to work this is what i have done and tried both firewalls are off they are connected to a modem via LAN caples the second time i tried my vista was also connected to the internet via a dial up modem i wanted to see if atleast i could get internet from my vista over to my xp but that didnt work anyways on my Vista in quot Network and Sharing Center quot the LAN network is there and its called quot unidentified network public network quot and underneath it says Access Local only Connection Local area network on my XP the LAN connection is also connected on the modem their ports are lighting so basicly they are connected to each other so now when i try to share a file from my vista over to my xp right click on file Share now here is the problem i cant find anything to do with LAN but it says that i should choose one of the users of the computer so maybe i cant choose the LAN but i should be able to maybe its because i need to quot create quot a network where i can then configure it to use the LAN modem but i dont know how to on my XP when i go to my network places i see alot of folders that i am sharing HELP PLS, no idea what is wrong. cant connect my Vista to my XP via LAN lol im so lost however long time ago someone already helped me share some stuff from my vista to xp but i cant get in any contact with him and when he did it he hardly explained it to me i remember that he did alot of stuff on my vista so im guessing thats where the problem is i read some HELP PLS, no idea what is wrong. cant connect my Vista to my XP via LAN stuff aabout vista's quot publicj folder quot but all that i understood from mine is that i can enable it to share between users on the vista and not to the other network if there even is LAN network im really sorry if i may sound negative but i have tried for about hours now not in a row with breaks ofcourse help would be x appriciated cos if i can get my file sharing to work im one step closer in fixing my main problem lol thanks so much in advanced ktadie

A:HELP PLS, no idea what is wrong. cant connect my Vista to my XP via LAN

Have you tried linking the two computers together with normal networking cables. You will not need modems to do this just the networking card. Make sure that both computers are on the same workgroup. The ip ranges also have to be similar.

For more info look at,
Windows Vista Networking

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/108321-help-pls-no-idea-what-wrong-cant-connect-my-vista-my-xp-via-lan.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i use wifi connection at my office to connect internet connection when i went home and tried to connect evo 3g with my laptop i gave msg network disconnect i doesnt work although the software is installed and i can make a call from it but as i click connect botton it shows network disconnect. What is solution of it how can i connect my evo for internet i am using windows 8 and sony laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/evo-shows-network-disconnect-error-as-soon-as-i-press-connect-button.1119968/
Relevancy 45.15%

i can't connect to internet unless i press for dial tone on my house phone. any help tech guy would be very much appreciated.

A:can't connect to web unless i press the button for a dial tone on my house phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-web-unless-i-press-the-button-for-a-dial-tone-on-my-house-phone.561719/
Relevancy 45.15%

my wifi was working correctly but recently it stops working, it shows orange color, even i tap that button many a times bt i was unable to connect my laptop to wifi network, solve this issue

A:my wifi button shows orange color and i m unable to connect ...

@chetan_786? chetan_786 wrote:Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)my wifi was working correctly but recently it stops working, it shows orange color, even i tap that button many a times bt i was unable to connect my laptop to wifi network, solve this issue Ubuntu is a Linux based Operating System. How to fix your Internet connection in Ubuntu Linux For Windows 7, some resources include: The Cable Guy: Connecting to Wireless Networks with Windows 7 How to set up Wireless Network Connection in Windows 7/8/10  Brilliant Post - How to Ask Your QuestionWhen you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-wifi-button-shows-orange-color-and-i-m-unable-to-connect/td-p/5689082
Relevancy 44.72%

Does anyone of u know about routers? if so then answer my question...
I have the WRT54G router, and i had it for like a year.. but there is a problem that that just started yesterday.. the problem is , I can't access to the router anymore, like going to 192.168.1.1 and i couldn't connect to the router anymore.. The LED power light is blinking.. could it be the problem? does anyone know how to fix it? please [email protected]!~

thnx for those who help =D

Relevancy 44.29%

I recently changed my motherboard to an ASUS Maximus VI Hero and am unable to connect to my home network through a wired connection. It says 'Unidentified Network, No Network Connection.'
When I set the IP address to set automatically it gives me:IP: 169.254.136.172
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

I've tried enabling/disabling the network adapter driver, reinstalling the driver and setting a static IP. None of them worked. Is there a setting in the bios for this motherboard that I'm missing or is it just bad hardware and requires a replacement?

Any help is appreciated.

A:New computer, unable to connect to the network, wrong IP address given

Did you right click on your network icon down the bottom right and choose troubleshoot problems ?

What does the network adapter look like in Device Manager ? All OK ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322755-new-computer-unable-connect-network-wrong-ip-address-given.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I am having problems getting access most websites using either Internet explorer and firefox If I search on google and click on a result or type in manually a number of different or most wrong pages, time. web connect Browser me to sends of is unable to the things happen It times out Browser unable to connect message Browser sends me to wrong web pages, or is unable to connect most of the time. appears I get redirected to a totally different website sometimes back to Google If I flick back and forth between pages I sometimes can Browser sends me to wrong web pages, or is unable to connect most of the time. access the site I m after And now and again I get to where I want to be Incidentally it appears that all website on my favourites bar work fine I ve noticed windows security is detecting viruses regularly and cleaning clearing them it seems that they appear every time I turn my computer on They are both Trojans called either ramnit or alureon Windows doesn t detect anything else following a full system scan Can this be solved please it s driving me around the bend Thanks for your time These are the resut from a hijakthis scan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Companion PCCompanion exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mobile Broadband Connect Wilog exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars Shared SkypeNames exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Lin iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Fil... Read more

A:Browser sends me to wrong web pages, or is unable to connect most of the time.

Your computer is infected. Please click on Report and kindly ask to be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum. Be sure to provide the appropriate reports in that forum after reading THIS. From there, be patient. The malware removal experts are very busy! You should get an answer within the next 48 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-sends-me-to-wrong-web-pages-or-is-unable-to-connect-most-of-the-time.1039392/
Relevancy 43.43%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got off the phone with Verizon. They had me push the reset button and I was able to connect to the internet again. I mentioned how slow it takes for pages to load. She said if I have two firewalls running that can happen, then eventually it blocks your internet connection. I have the free Avira and am only using the Windows Firewall. She said the Verizon router has a firewall but it's a low security. So I went on the internet was able to get on some sites, but then others wouldn't connect again, said there is no internet connection. All the lights on the router are on. So far it's still working, but this is what happened before when I lost my connection completely.

I have Windows XP, tried it both on IE 8 and Firefox. The router is an Actiontec MI42WR. The problem was with both my desktop and laptop wired connections.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello guys I have just finished my very first computer build and am rather happy with most things Unfortunately I am having problems connecting to the internet I have a temporary dongle in place and because it's my only option for about a month I kinda need it to work When I first connected it I found my connection "Windows this to connect internet was to netwo connect Can't unable to and I successfully connected I downloaded Google Chrome and Steam then unfortunately it randomly stopped working Where the strength bar should of been there was a large red cross when I found my connection it read quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot I Googled this and people said delete your connection and reconnect that didn't work so then I tried to set my Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo security type to something different or off as recommended in a solved post the problem persisted Now after restarting my computer several times it sometimes rejects my password or comes up with the quot the settings for the network quot and on rare occasions it connects then minutes later comes up wit my original problem I have tried resetting my connection details as what is saved on my laptop and mac and they don't work either Any help greatly appreciated Regards Lee

A:Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo

Try removing profiles after you remove the device with Device manager and letting windows detect it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263667-cant-connect-internet-windows-unable-connect-netwo.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone.

I would like to connect to the internet using my Linksys WRT54GS 1.1 router. However, even after I reset the router by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds, and plug the ethernet from the cable modem to the router, I can get only to the 192.168.1.1 (Setup) page, not to any internet.

The same cord and cable modem work with my Airport Express, but I want my WRT54GS router to connect wired to the modem, so I can use my AirPort to extend the network (i.e. I want two hotspots).

Any help?

A:Cannot connect to internet with Linksys WRT54GS; can connect with AirPort Express

What is the brand and model of your cable modem?

If it is a modem only you need to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) it when switching the device connected to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-with-linksys-wrt54gs-can-connect-with-airport-express.945248/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 43.43%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 43%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L4550-S5976 running under Windows 7. When I start it up (and if I catch it at the right time), the touchpad buttons work fine for a few minutes. After the machine completely boots, the touchpad button problems start - the left button performs as the right button and the right button does nothing.

On a lark, I plugged in a USB mouse and rebooted. When I do that, the mouse works fine AND the touchpad buttons work properly. Carrying around a mouse isn't always convenient so I'd like to have the machine work as expected.

I tried updating the touchpad drivers - that did not fix the problem. I even reinstalled Windows 7 on the machine - that did not fix the problem either.

Any ideas what I could do next to fix this problem?

Thanks, Brian

A:Touchpad Left button does Right Button actions and Right Button does nothing

try in safe mode, that may work. if it does, remove programs that run on startup one by one until you find the one causing the issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-left-button-does-right-button-actions-and-right-button-does-nothing.974852/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I just got my Netgear router WGR614 v6. I was able to initally access http://192.168.0.1 to finish setup. Setup was successful but then whenever I started my IE, intead of loading my homepage, it will only load the Netgear login page while displaying my default homepage's address. But it has no problem connection to any other website.

So I restarted my laptop and reset my modem and router. After that,
I can no longer connect to http://192.168.0.1. The IE only displays this Dell page: http://www.google.com/hws/dell-usuk-rel/afe?hl=en&channel=us&s=http://192.168.0.1/
stating "Sorry, we couldn't find http://192.168.0.1/. "

I'd like to know How can I connect to http://192.168.0.1/ again because as soon as I unplug the cable from my router to the laptop, I lose internet connection.

Please help. Thanks much in advance!

A:Netgear router: Can connect to Internet, but can't connect to http://192.168.0.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-can-connect-to-internet-but-cant-connect-to-http-192-168-0-1.608785/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have an acer aspire windows vista bit operating system I recently got a new modem router it s apparently in from rogers and I cannot connect to connect cannot modem. connect I internet can only using to connection' new 'local the internet When I attempt to connect i can only connect to the quot local quot connection Everyone else in my family can connect via wireless and I can only connect if i use an ethernet cable which is directly connected to my laptop When i typed in ipconfig all on the command prompt cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' this is what pops up Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vlan phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - B- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' Address fe e d be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt I am grateful for anyone who can provide me with some insight on how to solve this problem thanks in advance for anyone who replies ps If there is nothing I can do and its a problem with my old laptop friend told me its too old please tell me so I can look for a new laptop nbsp

A:cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection'

Atheros AR5007EG Click to expand...

this is a problem adapter on vista whenever a change is made

Have a read through the following - the most common fix is the driver update - from the manufacturers website or from the atheros website

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Brow... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-new-modem-i-can-only-connect-local-connection.1084927/
Relevancy 43%

Hi everyone I have three computers connected wirelessly to the same router Two of them are working perfectly and are able to connect to the router via One of them cannot It can t connect to or to any page on the internet Internet Explorer comes up with the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Firefox gives a similar message Here is the info that I got with ip config all Windows IP Configuration Host Name President-Eden Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed connect Laptop to too to Unable Solved: internet. cannot connect to 10.1.1.1. IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FA- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f b Preferred Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A-E - - - - B- A- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - B- A- - DHCP Enabled Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D ADEE- B - F F- E-C B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA-CDDA- -AAEE-C E E br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes suggestions anyone thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-cannot-connect-to-internet-unable-to-connect-to-10-1-1-1-too.892711/
Relevancy 43%

I bought a new Dell computer and then got another brand new dell that they replaced for free because they thought something was wrong with it I returned that one and bought a brand new HP that i still have currently all have had Windows VISTA connect the that 3rd to computer internet, NEW Can't connect! work HELP! BRAND After being on the phone for hours and hours with Microsoft Comcast and Dell there still hasnt been anyone that can resolve the issues I have a Motorola modem thats connect by ethernet cable to a D-Link wireless router but is only used as a medium to connect multiple computers to that motorola router through ethernet cables The connection is good given that i'm typing from my old computer with Windows XP Plug and play and Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! the internet works no issues Can this be an issue with the Modem or D-link router Ethenet Cable I can not think of anything else and with the Dell computer s microsoft and dell tried everything physically possible to try to un-install Vista do this and do that with everything Comcast did say that all their modems are Vista friendly and i even tried directly plugging the ethernet cable from the modem to the computer bypassing the router and that didnt work Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! One comment that was made was that i had a bad IP address which they tried to fix and that didnt work either Please someone help me Or im going to have to go Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! with a brand new computer that has XP and not Vista THANKS

A:Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP!

anyone?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202027-cant-connect-internet-3rd-brand-new-computer-work-connect-help.html
Relevancy 43%

My browser is IE Window XP Home with SP Sony VAIO Desktop PCV-RS Pentium- Ghz MB Ram I am now unable to connect to the Internet The network diagnostic for window XP kept saying to check firewall settings for HTTP port HTTPS port and FTP port I don't know how to do that I open the Window firewall settings Internet HTTPS connect Explorer to not but HTTP, will connect will to on the Security Center page Exception tab it lists programs and services on the Exception ie to not block incoming network connection from these programs or services which include Internet Explorer on the list which seems Internet Explorer will not connect to HTTP, but will connect to HTTPS to be appropriate But my computer still will not connect to the Internet--very frustrating I have done System Restore a few times to an earlier dates thinking maybe the computer picked up some virus and the System restore function should temporarily resolve that issue But still no luck Finally I tried connecting to a secured website with HTTPS in the address bar and the computer appeared to be successful to connect to these HTTPS sites but it continued to refuse to connect to a regular website i e with HTTP in its address bar Please help me resove these internet connection issues I would vey much appreciate

A:Internet Explorer will not connect to HTTP, but will connect to HTTPS

<<My browser is IE8. Window XP Home with SP2...>>

May have nothing to do with your problem...but you really need to install SP3 and all critical updates since its issuance...that may take care of your problem, but even if it doesn't...your system will be less vulnerable.

Installing or reinstalling SP3... has been known to overcome various previous system problems.

Sounds to me like corruption affecting non-secure websites, so you may also want to reinstall IE8.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493468/internet-explorer-will-not-connect-to-http-but-will-connect-to-https/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to use limewire, couterstrike, bitcomet etc, but nothing apart from firefox/I.E. and windows live messenger can connect to MY internet. everything workd perfectly on my neighbours internet, when accessed from my own laptop. Please help me. Thanks.

A:No apps connect to MY internet, but connect fine on my neighbours net?

Try checking out your router setup it may be blocking those programs. You may need to login to the router and "enable" the programs as I notice they are P2P programs and quite often you have to permit their use. Try googling for "enabling p2p on my xxxx router" where xxxx is the make / model number

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115885-no-apps-connect-my-internet-but-connect-fine-my-neighbours-net.html
Relevancy 43%

I have just rebuilt a laptop for a friend. I downloaded the latest drivers for the wireless connection from Acer website. They have installed correctly.

I can connect the laptop to the router by wireless and I can browse the local network and see the other PC's BUT the internet is shown as not connected. Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. Other wireless devices (iPad for instance connect to the internet fine).

I have re-booted the router.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet but can connect to router.

Same with an ethernet connection?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-but-can-connect-to-router.1106274/
Relevancy 43%

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

A:Able to connect to wireless router, but unable to connect to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-connect-to-wireless-router-but-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.971764/
Relevancy 43%

Running Internet Explorer v.8
We have a computer at our office, that as of this morning, IE won't connect to any webpages. We've gone through the diagnostic tool - but the remedies it presents do not affect the problem.
Email (through Outlook 2007) connects fine and is receiving email fine.
All network drives can also be reached with no problems.

There is also no other computer in our office experiencing this problem.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has. thx

A:Internet Explorer won't connect - but all other items connect to network

What error message are you getting using IE8?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-connect-but-all-other-items-connect-to-network-410702.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I could really use some help. I've tried so many things and I'm under so much stress I'm near to tears with this. I really don't know what to do. If you have the time please help me.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-laptop-would-connect-to-lan-but-not-the-internet-i-did-everything-now-it-wont-connect-to-lan.63944/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone.

I have a desktop PC that connects to the internet with an ethernet cable through charter dsl. I have my friends dell laptop here and need to connect to the internet but when I take the plug out of my ethernet and put it into the back of the laptop it doesn't allow me to connect to the internet. Does anyone know how I can setup the laptop to allow me to connect to the internet using my dsl connection? I only need it to do it for right now.

A:Setup Laptop to connect to internet using dsl connect

IS the DSL box limiting MAC addresses of computers that can connect?
If so you need to add friend's MAC address.
After connecting the laptop did you reboot?
Chances are it will automatically sort itself out after the reboot.
If not, open Network connections Start > Settings > Network Connections,
Fnd the connection that you think should work (the same as on your computer),
Click Properties,
On General tab look for one of the last items, "Internet protocol TCP/IP"
Click on it
Click Properties
It might have a fixed IP address, so change it to Obtain IP automatically
Do the same for the DNS, or do whatever is on your computer.
OK few times and wait a bit. It might work.
If not, post some detail so that someone can help.

You can also post information from ipconfig:
Start > Run, type cmd
on the black screen type ipconfig /all and hit enter
copy the text and paste here

Finally, in the same cmd window try this
ipconfig /release
it will clear the current IP and make it 0.0.0.0
then type ipconfig /renew
in order to get a new IP. I don't think it will work if your earlier attempts failed though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247821/setup-laptop-to-connect-to-internet-using-dsl-connect/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. We recently installed a new wireless router, and all the other computers in our house can access the internet. But for some reason I can only connect to the network, even though it says there's full connectivity.

I called the customer careline for our internet providers, and they said it was a problem with my computer settings, rather than the router. But they said they couldn't advise me any further unless I paid for it, hence my need to look for advice elsewhere....

Thanks!

A:Can connect to network, but unable to connect to internet

Hi carrickfergus, and welcome to TSG!

Please do the following:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type CMD.

Press OK.

In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all.

Press Enter.
Copy (right-click and Select All > press Enter) the entire content of that window and paste it to your next reply.
Next,

Use a working computer to download and copy HijackThis to a USB flash drive. Plug it into your faulty computer and install the program:

Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.960206/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 42.14%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 42.14%

So most of my family works on laptops but i have one old desktop that i haven t turned on in a while but now I need to get it back connected to the internet for a bit I have a network cable to connect connect to WILL computer network, Old WON'T internet running to it most Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet of my comps run on wireless but this one doesn t have a wireless card and it connects to the network but gives me the quot limited to no activity quot message Last time I turned it off a few months ago it worked fine Troubleshooting so far after rebooting powercycling everything of course connected the network cable to my laptop after disconnecting the wireless worked fine Tried quot repair quot could not renew tried release renew error on renew quot unable to contact your DHCP server tried DNS flush did netsh dump DHCP Client is started and automatic disabled and reenabled the NIC card VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Any thoughts help ideas would be great Just need to get itunes connected to the internet nbsp

A:Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet

Assuming Windows ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-computer-will-connect-to-network-wont-connect-to-internet.1095949/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have just got an xbox and i am trying to connect it to the internet. I am trying to use my laptop to bridge the connections. When i make a network bridge the message comes up with 'connected with limited access'. I then can't connect to the internet on my laptop or xbox. Can someone help me please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-internet-says-connect-with-limited-access-only-295111.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
My internet settings are set to automatically connect to available wireless networks, specifically my saved home wireless network. However, my computer will never automatically connect to the internet, I always have to open my wireless networks and manually connect to the network. Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you,
Bobs

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3031 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 192169 MB, Free - 106285 MB; D: Total - 31193 MB, Free - 24785 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, JITR1, REFERENCE, CBU0024962
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

A:Can't automatically connect to Internet, always need to manually connect

just maybe its something simple go back and check everything like your ssid when you entered it in be sure that you have it correctly entered

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-automatically-connect-to-internet-always-need-to-manually-connect.981201/
Relevancy 42.14%

I feel bad for starting a new thread on the subject but I looked through a bunch of the other wireless to :( connect router internet Can cannot BUT to connect threads and I couldn't find a solution I am on a Dell Laptop Latitude D And I'm running Windows XP Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :( Ver Service Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :( Pack My ISP is Speedlink Cable We are using an SMC modem router SMC WN My roommate can connect to wirelessly and I can connect with a hard wire connection I also can connect to the router full speed but I get limited or no connectivity to the internet I connect to the wireless via a 'NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter' using the NETGEAR SMART WIZARD - Wireless Assistant WG v When I run IPCONFIG ALL the output is Windows IP Configuration Host Name GOAT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Controller Physical Address - D- -DC- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Monday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - F- - - D- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway So I will be extremely grateful for any help towards solving this problem Thanks Sean

A:Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :(

Try putting static IP addresses in to your wireless network connection.
By the looks of it it seems your wireless connection cannot get an IP address automatically via DHCP.

Let me know if this works or you need help doing this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-connect-to-wireless-router-but-cannot-connect-to-internet-504408.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Vista laptop has always connected the home network without a problem. Suddenly it cannot see any of the other computers. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling network cards, checking all the networking settings, etc. I even went to an earlier restore point.

I did a search on this website and tried to follow these directions:

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL - select all and enter

However, it just rapidly scrolled the cmd box and closed.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Relevancy 41.71%

my laptop has a button just above the keyboard that has an image of a globe, the button opens an internet browser window (specifically google chrome) and then opens a page http://home.sweetim.com/?st=6&barid={8FED6DA7-1411-11E2-95EF-CC52AFF25BDD}.... this page is not my homepage and i don't actually like it. is there a way to make the button open a different page or set of pages?

A:internet button

you should be able to apply a different shortcut to the key
whats the make and model of the pc - as they have different hotkey programs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-button.1077993/