Windows Support Forum

Need Replacement DVD/CD Optical Drive for Dell Inspiron 8600

Q: Need Replacement DVD/CD Optical Drive for Dell Inspiron 8600

The DVD/CD optical drive in my Inspiron 8600 is starting to go intermittantly bad on me and I'm looking for a replacement/upgrade. Dell wants $100 for a REFURBISHED replacement. I'd like to get an upgraded drive (DVD/CD burner with Blueray), but am unsure as to what specs to look for. Newegg/Amazon/Tiger Direct/etc... have several to choose from, but I don't want to buy unless I'm relatively sure it'll work/fit in my laptop. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

The existing drive is a Hitachi U5251, 24X CDRW/DVD HLDS DMOD.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need Replacement DVD/CD Optical Drive for Dell Inspiron 8600

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need Replacement DVD/CD Optical Drive for Dell Inspiron 8600

I think any slim DVD drive will fit as long as it's the correct format (IDE or SATA). You could also check www.pricewatch.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-replacement-dvd-cd-optical-drive-for-dell-inspiron-8600.128203/
Relevancy 94.17%

The LCD screen failed on my Dell Inspiron 8600. I purchased a used one and put my hard drive and memory into the purchased machine. Prior to the swap both machines connected wireless to the internet. I do not see any reference to wireless in the new set up. When I go to device manager I see a yellow question mark Other Devices and list Networ Controller, PCI Modem, and Video Controller ( VGA Compatible). I went to Dells website entered my service tag and dowloaded drivers for Conexant D480 MDC V.92 Modem, Broadcom 440x 10/100 Intergrated Connection, ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 PRO TURBO video, and the recommended wireless driver. I went to add new hardware and could not load the drivers. Any direction you can provide will be appreciated.
Dell Inspiron 8600 Windows XP Professional Version 2002 service pack 3 Intel Pentium M 1.60 HGz 1 Gb Ram DVD-CDRW,

A:Dell Inspiron 8600 hard drive swap

you went to "add hardware"?? did you try to install via just double clicking the downloaded driver?
double and trebble check its correct driver first
try to install via safe mode ..............press f8 omn start up to enter safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-8600-hard-drive-swap.934640/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi all I have recently purchased a Dell Inspiron - GB HDD GB RAM running on Windows and thus far I am not totally impressed The first day upon receiving this laptop I noticed lag for nearly everything It came with McAfee which I detest So of Lag Optical Inspiron) / Drive (Dell No course I uninstalled No Optical Drive / Lag (Dell Inspiron) and installed Avast instead Something is eating up my CPU Memory Disk Only new things that I have installed were Avast Chrome Ventrilo TP-Link wifi adapter boost Steam and Ghost Recon Online Phantoms Then I realized that there is no bluetooth capabilities not that big of a deal and no optical drive CD drive There is however I assume a slot for such a drive Had I not been hasty in my decision to buy this laptop starting college in the fall living on a budget and realized that this computer would not meet all of my expectations I may have waited to get something a little better I would return but I ordered from Amazon and threw out all the boxes and packing stuff that this laptop came with Anyway My first question is is there any way that I could possibly get this laptop to stop lagging Secondly is there any way that I could install an optical drive If possible which drive should I use Would this cause any problems for the computer And lastly what problems may I incur Thanks so much in advanced

A:No Optical Drive / Lag (Dell Inspiron)

EDIT!
So sorry, I misread the model.
This laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15-3531.
Here is a picture of the side where the optical drive "slot" is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/no-optical-drive-lag-dell-inspiron-880545.html
Relevancy 89.01%

My Dell Inspiron 3847 has lately responded more slowly to inserting a CD in its optical drive.  ("DVD RW Drive (E:)" displays more slowly in File Explorer after inserting a CD in the optical drive, and splash screens for some CDs don't display for several minutes.)

Can someone say what the range of time normally is after inserting a CD in the optical drive?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987220
Relevancy 86.43%

My laptop won't boot up and DVD/CD drive won't work. After several dead ends (trying to boot from USB and buying external cable to connect laptop drive to desktop (worked once then failed - foolishly didn't get data off straight away!). Also discovering that failure of DVD/cd drive is very common in this dell laptop decided best option is to buy cheap DVD/cd drive to replace one in laptop. The one currently in is a Sony model DW-D56A-DS.Can anyone tell me if I have to buy an exact replacement. Eg I've seen ones that start with DW-D56A then have 2 different letters at end. Would a different manufacturer one work - any suggestions? From what I've read I'm not sure a new CD drive would last long in this model so the cheaper the better and I'II save up for a new laptop! Any help much appreciated

Relevancy 85.57%

I have to replace the hard drive in my Dell 2650 Inspiron laptop. Does anybody know the procedure or steps to do it. I can buy one on Ebay but want to find out how to get the old one out first

Relevancy 82.13%

i have Dell Inspiron 8600. it has three lights on its front (i think for keyboard). when i start the notebook these lights blinks for 3-4 times and on the screen nothing displays and then notebook shutdown.

Relevancy 82.13%

My uncle gave this laptop to me ages ago and I came across this dinosaur and I forgot all passwords especially the administrator password

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983671
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi Am at a loss have tried paring down easily identifiable application tray programs and other obvious programs that might be tying up cycles This is a Dell Inspiron Seems like the CPU gets up to tied up and the disk thrashing at times when the system ought to be idle Plenty of disk S Problem Inspiron W Wil L 8600 Very O Dell space left GB The CPU issue occurred even when running in safe mode ran very slow Hope you can help Thanks in advance for any advice ---Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Problem Wil Dell Inspiron 8600 Very S L O W Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System RegSrvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS System XConfig exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system BacsTray exeC Program Files Intel PROSetWireless NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAFA EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Cookie Washer aolwasher exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC PROGRA WALGRE WALGRE data Xtras mssysmgr exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exeC Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearch exeC Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearchIndexer exeC Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs - spyware scanners hijackthis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Insight BroadbandO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO X IEHook Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C Program Files NetZero qsacc x IEBHO dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg ... Read more

A:Problem Wil Dell Inspiron 8600 Very S L O W

Hello jazz_trptWelcome to BleepingComputer ========================If you are still in need of assistance please post a new Hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156608/problem-wil-dell-inspiron-8600-very-s-l-o-w/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all I am experiencing very slow start up shut down and application run times on my Dell Inspiron It has a GHz processor with MB of RAM It seems like there may be something running in the background thaat I can't find I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot and cleaned out the temporary internet files I've also run a registery cleaner Slow Dell Inspiron 8600 and I run Norton Anti-virus on a scheduled Slow Dell Inspiron 8600 basis Hopefully one of you can spot a problem Help ogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes Slow Dell Inspiron 8600 C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Slow Dell Inspiron 8600 Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Dell TrueMobile GPRSMgr exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www salve edu O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run Dell Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAYO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquietO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Pr... Read more

A:Slow Dell Inspiron 8600

Hi BillVan58,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99843/slow-dell-inspiron-8600/
Relevancy 81.27%

yesterday, my computer was in the middle of a chkdisk i switched off the power point because of a thunder storm, to prevent a surge. ironically, i havnt been able to get it to turn on since.
a few things about my inspiron 8600; the power cord had previously been cut and re joined and since then never worked on battery alone. but still always worked on power adapter. is this something to do with the power adapter or a bigger problem? wen i press the power button it lights up for 1-2 seconds then goes dead. the screen flashes for a second then nothing. do i need a new power cord?
thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give...

A:Dell inspiron 8600 won't turn on

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55208.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8600-wont-turn-on.103180/
Relevancy 81.27%

My wifes inspiron has problems. When I try to boot on the battery I get

Manufacturing Mode: Level [67]
Press Fn-X to return the system to normal running mode.
No timer tick interrupt.

Fn-x does nothing.

If I boot up with the charger plugged in it may or may not boot all the way into windows, and if it does make it to windows it locks up before you can do anything. Same thing in safe mode.

Ran all the Dell diagnostics.

Pre-boot System assessment: all passed

Express Test: all pass

Extended test: Hangs on Battery Charger test

Custom tests: passed 3 iterations of all except battery charger test, which hangs.

Charger is charging the battery and battery is holding charge, as indicated by batteries onboard LED's.

I have reseated the RAM, HDD, and DVD.

Please help.

A:Dell Inspiron 8600 problems.

This seems like a question for Dell. How old is this machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-8600-problems.533965/
Relevancy 80.41%

Within the last day my screen will go completely black not like when it is turned off but a completely deep black No cursor nothing Is this a virus I have It s a DELL Inspiron with Win XP Pro It did it the first time while on Facebook So I shut it off and tried again Second time it did it on Facebook again third time on desktop screen fourth was at start-up I booted in f and went to diagnostics and it went black as soon as page popped up withCPU or whatever and then proceeded to do a series of beeps at different intervals After listening to that horrid sound for about minutes I shut if off lol Turned on Inspiron XP on DELL black 8600 Win Pro goes Screen and again did f and started in first option can t recall exact name of internal HD and this is how I ended up Screen goes black on DELL Inspiron 8600 Win XP Pro here Still on and going but for how long No clue Am wondering if this is a virus I have or is my laptop really about to bite the dust Currently running a full scan on Malwarebytes Thanks for any help offered nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

hi,
i have a Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop. It was perfect but one day when i try to play a heavy game on it, it stuck. After that the laptop runs only for 5-10 mins and then shutdowns automatically. When i try to restart immediatly it does not restarts. I installed some temperature softwares and figure out that its VGA's temperature is rising too much.
can any body help me?? how can i cool down the VGA. i have also NVidia Card installed.

thnks

Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 in which I bought years ago. At that time I bought it with only 25Gb hard drive space. I want to replace it now and buy a new hard drive. Does anyone know which hard drives are compatible with this computer Dell Inspiron 8600? Thank you.

A:Dell Inspiron 8600 Hard Drives?

Any HD with a ATA-6 interface would work with you're laptop, heres a link with all ATA-6 specific HDDs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010150380%201035907889&name=ATA-6

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8600-hard-drives.124464/
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm having the same problem as everyone else, when I turn on my computer I get : This computer system, #3PR4741-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without correct password. I've tried the paper clip method, and it did not work. So I was wonder if there was any other way I could get this crap to pass. Tried to call dell, no luck........ Help.......... A million thanks in advance

A:Dell Inspiron 8600 password Authentication help

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68412.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8600-password-authentication-help.74493/
Relevancy 80.41%

Have a laptop; Dell 8600 from daughter that was full of junk and had to go into safe mode to boot and delete programs to work. Must have deleted something that I was not supposed to becaused now the computer will not connect to internet. Card on back shows yellow and orange lights as card. Need help to get it to work.

Relevancy 80.41%

Can somebody help me please!!!! i have a dell inspiron 8600 laptop and the problem is that i turned it on and the image of the screen was not so good ,then i turned it off and when i tried to turn it on again i didn't work...i mean the laptop was on but with no image !!!!!!what do u think is the problem guys????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8600-power-problem.151775/
Relevancy 80.41%

I need to replace my inverter on my 8600 but I need the part number to get the correct replacement. Can you advise how I can find this part number?

Thanks, Joe

A:Need inverter part # for Dell Inspiron 8600

I would try the DELL website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-inverter-part-for-dell-inspiron-8600.96587/
Relevancy 80.41%

Gasp I know I know A problem with a Dell computer laptop can you Sound Dell 8600 problem Inspiron with believe it Sigh Anyway I discovered the problem this evening it s am in the morning here Christmas day but I refuse Sound problem with Dell Inspiron 8600 to rest until I can reach a conclusion on the problem - how sad I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop I folded the lid down while the laptop was still running then when I picked the laptop up again and tried to play music there was no sound None atall No sound from Windows Media no system sounds nothing When I plug the headphones in all I get is a fuzzing noise with an occasional feint bleep Ive gone through XP s troubleshooting thing there is no conflicts or anything like that all the hardware is there I had no problems with sound prior to this evening I know it s vague but thats pretty much the gist of it Sound problem with Dell Inspiron 8600 I cant think of any reason why the sound has just stopped working My only guess is that the machine has taken a bump and somethings become dislodged internally or something because I cant find fault with any hardware But I know comparitively little about computers I will ring dell in a few days time as I should imagine their officers will be closed so until then Id just like a second opinion if possible Edit Update Well I turned the laptop off for the night Then remembered I needed to transfer some files over onto my other PC music files etc then suddenly the sound came back on my laptop Absolutely no explanation for it at all Strange Do you think it s still worth informing Dell nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-with-dell-inspiron-8600.18435/
Relevancy 80.41%

dell inspiron 8600 frying inverters. anybody know why?

A:Dell Inspiron 8600 frying inverters

is it the LCD inverter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8600-frying-inverters.154925/
Relevancy 79.55%

Tonight I formatted and re-installed XP on my machine. After re-installing everything, and fudging around with the resources CD Dell gave me (I installed what I think is everything; I see nothing relating to video drivers), I noticed something was wrong with my video settings. I only have two resolution settings: 800x600 and 1024x768.

I have tried everything from Windows Update (which on a fresh install only gave me 18 updates, all critical--just security stuff) to getting the latest drivers from NVidia. I believe my card is a mobile FX5200 GO. The card isn't showing up on my device manager at all. I think the problem has to do with my Video Controller, which is showing up as not installed. When I try to install it via the New Hardware Found utility, it says the drivers cannot be found neither on Windows or my resources CD.

Any help is appreciated, I would like to skip having to call Dell.

Relevancy 79.55%

Ok so I don t know if it is the motherboard or if it is actually the lcd monitor I will be using the laptop and then monitor Inspiron 8600 Dell going Laptop black!!! keeps all of a sudden the screen goes black like the computer was turned off I pop up the power button panel and pill the monitor cable from the motherboard wait a few seconds and plug it back in and it will work for a few more seconds and then go black again I believe that it is the monitor but I am not sure I have been noticing that whenever I turn my laptop on from the sleep mode that the screen is a pink color and then slowly goes to the normal white color I am not having any other problems with the computer except the microphone jack When trying to use a microphone when it does detect sound it just plays back a high pitch static sound But besides the Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop monitor keeps going black!!! monitor and the microphone jack I am not having any other problems If I have to replace my motherboard will I loose all of my info on the computer Because I will have to try and get it all backed up if so Please help me Thank you so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-8600-laptop-monitor-keeps-going-black.856842/
Relevancy 79.55%

I just reinstalled Windows + drivers on my dad's Inspiron 8600 laptop. It's showing that I am connected to my wireless connection, but can't access the internet. All the drivers installed except the PCI modem, which I disabled because my dad has broadband. I'm pulling my hair out trying to get online to run updates. Any thoughts?

A:Wireless problems on Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop

have you looked in device manager to see what the wireless network adapter shows ? does it have a yellow question mark or exclamation mark by it if it is at all listed? apparently you see the wireless utility showing its connected does the wirelss router have wep encryption and you still need to setup the connection with the wep key??? or do you have zonealarm firewall ? if so disable zonealarm?

post back with results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-problems-on-dell-inspiron-8600-laptop-354011.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Thanks for looking and hopefully helping I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce FX mb Graphics Card and quot SXVGA Screen running XP Pro The laptop is yrs old and about a month ago Dell Graphics Inspiron on Troubleshooting Problem 8600 it started doing weird things graphically The first symptoms were little worms on the screen while in Windows moving around in patches then it Troubleshooting Graphics Problem on Dell Inspiron 8600 progressed to stripes during startup with intermittent colored stripes during bios startup and during login screen and while running windows Sometimes it just jumbles the colors and make it really pixilated or Troubleshooting Graphics Problem on Dell Inspiron 8600 fuzzy and freezes the screen SO I figured it was probably the Video Card at least that is the cheapest thing to replace so I bought one on eBay a GeForce mb quot tested quot card and Troubleshooting Graphics Problem on Dell Inspiron 8600 it gave me more problems and never got beyond startup I contacted the seller he sent a new one no questions asked and this one let me get into Windows but started the same thing again I contacted him and he quickly refunded my money SO in an attempt to nail down the culprit I plugged the S-Video cable in to my TV and sure enough the same thing that was on the screen the colors the patterns etc was on the TV Now I am confused as to whether it is the graphics card or the lcd but common sense tells me it is the graphics card and I would be safe to buy another on eBay from someone other than last seller Does anyone agree with my logic Or disagree Or have another way or solution Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Hey, folks. Love any suggestions on this one: My boss has a two year old (appx.) Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. It seems to run fine plugged into the wall when the battery is removed. However, when I insert the battery and plug into the wall the charger gets fried after a few days. Two new chargers and a new surge strip (thought that might have been the issue) later, still same issue. Checked the parts number for recalled batteries and his removable battery is not one of the listed models.

Cheers!

A:Dell Inspiron 8600 frying battery chargers

You need to get that Inspiron 8600 to the hospital. This is a known problem which Dell should still take care of...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8600-frying-battery-chargers.77681/
Relevancy 78.69%

Ok had to reload win xp on this laptop only thing not working is the wifi I saw the earlier post someone had and ran the msinfo32 and got this Network Controller PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_50101468&REV_02\4&39A85202&0&18F0 the drivers for this device are not installed can someone please help me find this missing driver I have been looking for 3 days now

A:Dell Inspiron 8600 network controller driver missing

So are there any techs on this site that can help been about 5 days since my post and nothing... really need help please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8600-network-controller-driver-missing.207471/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if this is in the right section but on my old Dell Inspiron 8600 the battey led light keeps flashing orange 4 times followed by a green light. I've read that this is caused by a faulty battery cell. However, since this model is so old it would be a waste of money to buy a new battery. Is there a way to fix it so that this doesn't happen without buying a new battery or taking the battery out of the laptop? Is there a registry fix or what not that will sort out this problem or will I have to shove my battery in the fridge (an answer to someone else's post on another forum)? Thanks

A:Incessant 4 orange and 1 green blinking lights on Dell Inspiron 8600

do you use it with the battery portable - or always plugged in ?
does it work without the battery installed - some machines will and some wont

as you say may not be worth replacing - certainly not, if always plugged in

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incessant-4-orange-and-1-green-blinking-lights-on-dell-inspiron-8600.925901/
Relevancy 76.97%

Searching for Dell Touchscreen replacement R33H8 for Dell Inspiron 15Z 5523, service Tag 757J1Z1.All the places seems to show Out of stock..Is there a replacement part number?

Someone said that 7GYF0 is compatiable, is that true
en.community.dell.com/.../19577882

A:Searching for Dell Touchscreen replacement R33H8 for Dell Inspiron 15Z 5523

Looks like it is, yes.  Here's another compatible part:
www.parts-people.com/index.php

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993349
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600, my hard drive crashed and I need a new one. My problem is I cannot seem to find one that will fit my computer. The drive that came out of it has 22 contacts and 3 pins that go into the interface in the computer. I can only seem to find drives that have all pins. Even Dell has sent me the wrong drive 3 stinkin times. First they sent one with all pins, next the send a HD that resembles a cd/dvd drive.

HELP!!!!!! Can anyone out there help me???

A:Hard Drive for Inspiron 8600

Did you try to install any of the hard drives they sent you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-for-inspiron-8600.93596/
Relevancy 76.11%

Where can i buy a new optical drive specifically for Acer Aspire V3-771G ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Optical-drive-replacement/td-p/459455
Relevancy 75.25%

Not sure of my laptop model number, but the optical drive is SU-208.I found one on Amazon but it says its for Toshiba even tho its an su-208 optical drive. Is there a difference? Any place in particular I should go for a replacement?Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-replacement-optical-drive-for-my-hp-laptop/td-p/5659025
Relevancy 75.25%

O S System Windows XP Home When I tried to replace the existing Drive Replacement Install Cannot Optical CD RW with a newer DVD RW Optical Drive the Hardware manager appeared with the following message Cannot Install Replacement Optical Drive Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard and showed the new drive correctly as NEC DVD RW ND A It then proceeded to load the Software wizard but was unable to locate this and came up with the following message Cannot Install the Hardware The hardware was not installed because the Wizard cannot find the necessary software I visited the manufacturers site and they informed me that there isn t any special software and that the drivers on Windows should work without any problems I must mention that the original drive was not faulty but we wanted to replace it with a Cannot Install Replacement Optical Drive DVD type I also reinstalled the original drive and that works fine finding the original software straight away With the DVD refited I went through the process again with the same results and found that if I just cancelled the messages that the DVD would read any disk with no problem I looked in the Device Manager and this informed Cannot Install Replacement Optical Drive me that the drive was showing correctly and that it was working I also looked at the driver files and these were the same files as appear for the original drive and are cdrom sys imap sys redbook sys I also checked in the registry for any Lowerfilters or Upperfilters under the subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE There was no entries I have also tried to pull the driver files directly from the Windows XP Disc Can anyone help me to stop the messages regarding this change in hardware appearing everytime the computer is turned on nbsp

A:Cannot Install Replacement Optical Drive

Have you tried finding updated driver files from the manufacturer website? Perhaps instead of relying on Windows' built in stuff, a newly installed version might force it to shut its mouth. I'm not exactly sure what else you can do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-install-replacement-optical-drive.141323/
Relevancy 75.25%

My -month old Pavilion Notebook 's internal DVD Drive Optical Drive has stopped working The button does not open and when I open it with a paperclip insert a DVD it will not play The disc does not spin nbsp I Replacement DVD Drive Pavilion Optical HP 15 removed the drive today to get the numbers off of the part has HP logo Model SU- SU- HB HPMHF nbsp nbsp Y H SB nbsp nbsp F W HH H W A nbsp nbsp Ver HB nbsp nbsp FEBRUARY nbsp HP PN -FC CT FEMV DD X nbsp I have done many searches and cannot find this part for USA I have found SU- FB for sale nbsp Is there a compatible part Can I buy from HP Direct nbsp It is easy to pop out the old one and slide in the new I just want to replace with compatible drive nbsp HP Pavilion 15 DVD Optical Drive Replacement I just found this and I'm HP Pavilion 15 DVD Optical Drive Replacement going to buy one https www amazon com Toshiba-Samsung-Burner-Writer-Internal dp B QF JMA nbsp Fingers crossed nbsp Thanks Sheila nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-15-DVD-Optical-Drive-Replacement/td-p/5846142
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all, I've recently bought a second hand Lenovo Z580 and the optical drive needs replacing. I've looked up the hardware maintenance guide and it lists the following: ODD, 12.7MM Rambo, PLDS DS-8A8SH
ODD, 12.7MM Rambo, PSN UJ8C1
ODD, 12.7MM Rambo, Optiarc AD-7740H
ODD, 12.7MM Rambo, TSST SN-208ABI'm not interested in Blu-ray combo replacement so I haven't listed those. My question is, do I have to get one of the drives listed above or can I get another brand as brand new is cheaper (see below)? https://www.businessdirect.bt.com/products/liteon-8x-internal-slim-dvd-rw-black-oem-ds-8acsh-BY5D.ht... I understand I would need to swap the bezel around :-) Thanks

Thanks for any help in advance, Pete

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z580-Optical-drive-DVD-drive-replacement-advice/td-p/3458375
Relevancy 73.1%

Dear MY VENDOR IN PAKISTAN IS SELLING 7559 WITH 128GB SSD AND 1TB HDD. CAN I REPLACE THE 1TB  HDD WITH SSD. WILL IT BE SATA3SSD AND WILL THERE BE ANY RESTRICTION TO ITS SIZE. THIS IS BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO TRY TO UPGRADE 128 GB SSD AS ITS PRECONFIGURED WITH WINDOWS 10 AND RECOVERY IMAGE. PLEASE WHICH BEST SSD CANREPLACE THE HDD. THANK YOU.

A:DELL INSPIRON 7559 HDD REPLACEMENT

You can replace the hard drive with a 2.5" SSD, yes.  There is no restriction on capacity.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994431
Relevancy 73.1%

I tried to replace the keyboard on my sons Dell Inspiron and the black flip tab/clamp that holds the ribbon wire to the motherboard broke. Any ideas on where to find a replacement or how to connect it securely another way? I really don't want to buy a new motherboard and Dell doesn't offer the part by itself. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Dell Inspiron keyboard replacement

Common trouble... I have purchased a non-working laptop just for these clips. Now I have spare motherboards that I can salvage these parts from. There's really no other way to fix this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-keyboard-replacement.168536/
Relevancy 72.67%

I need a replacement white ribbon cable for the Optical Drive on a HP Envy M7 Laptop.The foil tape that holds the cable in postion out of the way of the tray came loose and the cable was damaged. The Laptop wll not "see" the Optical Drive now.I could not find a P/N on the HP site-just the whole drive-and appears to be no way to contact them/Parts Dept.  unless I want to spend $59.99 to talk to them.It can't be that hard to find the replacement cable.ThanksJim

A:optical drive ribbon cable replacement part for HP envy M7 ...

WKRBEE wrote:....It can't be that hard to find the replacement cable.----Hi, It's very hard indeed. You may be able to find from repair shops, just go and ask them. Many vendors now sell the whole set, not just a small part. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/optical-drive-ribbon-cable-replacement-part-for-HP-envy-M7/td-p/5610527
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I recently bought inspiron 15 7559 i7 and found that the keyboard is bilingual.
It's little bit hard for me to type as the enter key is really small. 
Would it be possible to get another keyboard (with different layout) and replace it? 

Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987586
Relevancy 72.24%

I m trying to replace the motherboard in my AIO Dell Inspiron One Since I ve never done anything like this before I m following the User Manual exactly I just ran into my first problem The manual simply says quot Disconnect all the cables from their connectors on the system board Well Inspiron Replacement One 2020 Motherboard Dell that s not been as easy for me nbsp as it sounds I m hoping someone with prior experience will reply with a tip trick or suggestion My problem is I can t get the cables out of the connectors on the motherboard With the exception of the hard drive and optical drive cables there s not much to get hold of I don t see any mechanical catches that need to be released I assume I should not pull on the wires just the male connector that is attached to the wires I assume I should not use tools but I m considering the use of needle Dell Inspiron One 2020 Motherboard Replacement nose pliers unless someone can offer me a better suggestion I hope there s someone out there whose done this before and can offer helpful suggestions Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron One 2020 Motherboard Replacement

Shelquis,
You just need to sometimes be a little forceful if the cable is stuck. Maybe squeeze the sides of the cable connector when pulling up.
Here are some tools you may need as well.
Phillips screwdriver • Hex nut driver • Plastic scribe

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992044
Relevancy 72.24%

I have the laptop model inspiron 15R-5521 with service tag <Service Tag: Removed as per privacy policy>, and would like to replace the touchscreen. The screen has two groups of vertical white lines, which do not appear on an external monitor, but these lines do appear on the LCD BIST test on all colors, except for white. The screen's glass is also cracked in a few places.
Firstly, can I purchase and install only a replacement glass for the screen? Alternatively, would it be possible to entirely replace the touchscreen with a non-touchscreen, matte display?

A:DELL inspiron 15R-5521 screen replacement

Hi JG12345,
As there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
If you wish to replace the parts yourself, then check this link - http://bit.ly/2cZX70m 
If you choose to replace the screen with non touch / matte screen - you would need to replace the LCD backcover with a compatible one designed for non touch functionality.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992847
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone,
Recently the 4 key on my laptop fell off, and I do not want to do anything to mess it up before finding out if there is a safe way to put it on without replacing the whole keyboard(i could do that, have done it before, but I do not feel like spending the dough for a new keyboard). Thanks in advance,
Ilya

PS: would superglue do the trick??

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi
ive had my Dell inspiron 1000 for almost 2 years now and i has given me no problems until now as the letter K broke off my keyboard and it cannot be clicked back in again.
Does anyone know where i can get a letter K complete with the inspiron 1000 specific retainer or a complete inspiron 1000 keyboard

Any help will be very much appreciated

Many thanks

A:Dell inspiron 1000 replacement keyboard

you can get them on ebay, click here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1000-replacement-keyboard.43968/
Relevancy 72.24%

Anyone know where to source replacement hinges, I've removed the old broken pair but can't find any sellers for the replacements? Part numbers 34.48L24.XXX & 34.48L25.XXX

A:Replacement hinges for Dell Inspiron 7737?

www.upperedgetech.com/.../

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989250
Relevancy 72.24%

Well while running Dell's maintenance software it showed that my battery was failing hmm. I have never used the laptop w/o it being plugged into the Ac charger and when used probably under a hour a day. It was new in 2013.

Does anyone know how Dell determines how the status of a battery is? Perhaps its just how old the battery is? I doubt that Dell's software actually has a Volt/Amp load tested built into the laptop??

With that all said if I do have to buy a battery who would handle the best bang for the buck? I see that the prices are all over the place ;-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380163-dell-inspiron-15r-5525-battery-replacement.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Everyone I have a Dell Inspiron desktop purchased January It used to run really quietly but recently it s sounding louder during operation I ve had the side panel off a number of times but couldn t pin point what exactly was responsible but once the Desktop 3847 Inspiron Dell Replacement fans for side panel is replaced and the PC is placed back in it s usual location the sound is there and it sounds like one of the fans It had been suggested to me to place the PC on a softer surface as it could be just down to resonating I ve stood it directly on my floor in my office but the sound is still there a varied hummmmmmm sound which on further listening seems to be the chassis fan My question is where can i purchase a new replacement chassis fan the one on the back also if it turns out to be the CPU fan can I replace just the fan without disturbing the heatsink thermal paste and processor I also need advice where I can purchase a replacement CPU fan it s Replacement fans for Dell Inspiron 3847 Desktop an Intel core i th Gen Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You Mr Anthony

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990849
Relevancy 71.38%

This past Christmas I received a Dell Inspiron Touch Screen Just recently I removed it from its laptop case to find that the screen had cracked It wasn t an external screen crack If you run Screen Dell 15 Inspiron Replacement (3521) Touch Help your fingers over the screen it s smooth Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) Touch Screen Replacement Help but there are visible cracks and a section of the screen that isn t showing the desktop but only an odd mesh of white and black with a bit of other colors included in the section I looked up screen replacements and I found a detailed description on YouTube of how to replace the screen in the Dell Inspiron It had a link in the description to replacement parts That would solve Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) Touch Screen Replacement Help my problem but I just have one issue My laptop is a touch screen and I m not certain if the replacement screen is a touch screen I want to be able to use my laptop to the fullest If it includes touch ability I want a touch replacement screen I ll post a link to the website with the replacement parts Please reply and tell me if it is touch or not If not please leave a link to a touch-screen-replacement-screen Please help me on this I m the kind of person that will lose sleep if I can t be sure Here is the link http www parts-people com index php action category amp id amp subid amp refine lcd screen

A:Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) Touch Screen Replacement Help

Those are not touch screens - they are standard LCD panels.
To change the panel, you need to replace both the touch glass and LCD as a unit:
http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/135-118071-27809/Dell-Inspiron-15-3521-LCD-Touch-Screen.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19540870
Relevancy 71.38%

My fiancee and I currently have the Dell Inspiron R SE laptop with the Intel Centrino Wireless-N and it has worked for a few months now up until the Monday of last week Inspiron SE Wifi Compatible with Card Replacement Dell 17R While on the internet my fiancee was noticing her wifi speed slowed down to a Replacement Wifi Card Compatible with Dell Inspiron 17R SE crawl She performed speed tests to find out that the speed was not as high as it used to be She updated drivers for the computer as well as removed any clutter that would cause the wifi slowdown When we tried many options they did not give us the results that we were looking for Finally after some process of elimination we concluded that our wifi card needed a replacement I don t want to get any old card to use and then find out that it doesn t fit or is not compatible with Windows I have been taking my time to research what could be compatible to improve my laptop computer but I have been coming up short What I would like to know is what wifi cards are compatible with our Dell computer so that we can get this replaced as soon as possible without having to pay out the nose for unneeded computer repair

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995510
Relevancy 70.95%

Dear Jennifer, I have the same problem,
Model is inspiron 5423, 14z ultrabook with i5-3317u 1.7ghz, 8gb ram too.
Please help.
Restart and pressing F2, the SATA is NONE.
What do you mean by "Now kindly delete upper and lower filters from the registry settings then see if the issue is resolved. "??
I do not understand how to delete upper and lower filters from registry setting

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992977
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey all,

I have a inspiron 14z 5423, and i just tried to open the optical drive today and it is not responding. When I go into My Computer, it does not even show it as available (cd drive/d drive) when it used to.

Any ideas on if this? I would hate to have to buy another drive since this one barely got used.

Thanks in advance!

A:Inspiron 14z 5423 Optical Drive Not Working

Hi.
We would suggest you to try these steps,
*Go to the device manager and click on the drop down below  Universal Serial Bus controller. After that delete the USB root hubs. 
*Restart the system then see if the cd/dvd  drive is responding.
*Go to the system BIOS by pressing the F2 key on system startup. 
*Then go to on-board devices to see if the cd/dvd drive is recognized. Else disable and re-enable it after that restart the system.
Then restart the system to see if the issue is resolved. But if there are any more concerns just write to us along with the service tag of the system and we will look into the system specifications to assist you further.
Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19670082
Relevancy 70.95%

Hear Jennifer, I have the same problem,
Model is inspiron 5423, 14z ultrabook with i5-3317u 1.7ghz, 8gb ram too.
Please help.
Restart and pressing F2, the SATA is NONE.
What do you mean by "Now kindly delete upper and lower filters from the registry settings then see if the issue is resolved. "??
I do not understand how to delete upper and lower filters from registry setting

A:RE: Inspiron 14z 5423 Optical Drive Not Working

My DELL inspiron 14z 5423 is not detecting DVD/ CD for a very long time.
Restart laptop and press f2, the SATA shown is NONE.
i5 3317U, CPU 1.7GHz, 8.00GB, 64 bit.
I am not an expert in computer.
Kindly assist and provide download link or detailed instructions.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992978
Relevancy 70.95%

My colleague decided to replace the battery for his Inspiron so I helped him by visiting Dell s replacement it compatible was says a Inspiron it but not 5420 for does!) Ordered battery (Dell website inputting the service tag and let it find all compatible batteries http accessories us dell com sna genselector aspx c us amp amp cs amp amp l en amp amp manufact amp amp s bsd amp amp stype amp amp DGC IR amp amp CID amp amp LID amp amp ck mn amp amp redirect I found that there s a high-capacity battery Type NHXVW WHr so he chose Ordered a replacement battery for Inspiron 5420 but it was not compatible (Dell says it does!) to go with this one He ordered it from local distributor it came with Dell s documents and stuff Ordered a replacement battery for Inspiron 5420 but it was not compatible (Dell says it does!) so we re pretty sure it s genuine https accessories dell com sna productdetail aspx c us amp cs amp l en amp sku - We installed the battery it fits but it did not snapped in like the standard battery But the problem is the laptop lid could barely open It got stuck after opening for nbsp a few centimeters the extra battery I don t know how to call it was blocking the way While we are waiting for our distributor to get back to us we want to inform everyone not to believe Dell s website The battery can be installed but it s not possible to open the lid

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987024
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I replaced the DVD drive on my laptop with a Sandisk Ultra II 240GB SSD. I cloned my HDD over to it and it appears fine the Disk Management apps but when I tried to change my boot settings to go from the new SSD it doesn't not appear anywhere in the BIOS.
Anybody experienced anything similar or have a solution they can recommend?

Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987719
Relevancy 68.8%

Need to replace cable port and can't seem to find replacement part in UK - only from America.  Any suggestions??
thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 15 5547 DC Power Jack Socket Port and Cable - replacement part in UK???

Hi JS246 ,
What is the exact issue on the system? Have you checked with another Dell OEM power adapter? Is the current adapter working fine? Is the adapter frayed?
If you have isolated the source to be indeed the dc power cable, then assuming there is no warranty on the machine, you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
If you are looking to replace the parts yourself, then you could contact a 3rd party Dell parts seller - http://bit.ly/28SYFVc- they ship parts to UK. Or check on Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/28QNXQ0
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983939
Relevancy 68.37%

i am replacing hard drive, found a pata 160gb drive and formatted it. i powered it on and wanted to set the boot to cd. it is just freezing on the first page of the setup and will not permit entries or move to other pages. it is not recognizing the existence of the drive either. i can think maybe does not like pata drive (enhanced ATA 100) or maybe drive size is too big. any ideas to figure out problem(s)?

Relevancy 66.22%

hi,my dell stuhdio 15 doesn't read any custom discs(i.e which i burned using my system) after i installed windows7 but it reads the disc drivers and OS DVD whic are given by dell! i checked the custom dvds in my system and also in my bro's hp laptop it reads them perfectly...here is the problem posted in technet(which found by googling) but no solution offered!!
Drive Model-TS-T633A
plz help me solve this peculiar problem

A:Dell Optical Drive Not Reading Discs

What kind of disks (Music, data, etc.)?
Describe what you're doing and any error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optical-drive-not-reading-discs.914422/
Relevancy 66.22%

My hard drive crashed and I am attempting to replace it with an identical drive. I put the recovery cd's in the optical drive and I get 'no boot device available' I attached another dvd with a usb cable and it still can't find it. If I take the disk and the drive and attach it to my laptop it boots (so drive and disk is good.) I suspect something in memory? If I let it attempt to boot a few times it eventually takes me to the 'your PC needs to be repaired' The Boot Configuration Data is missing file \EFI\Microsoft\Boot|BCD Error Code 0xc0000185. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

A:Dell 660s can't see optical drive after HD replaced

When you try to boot the optical drive, are you pressing F12 at power on which gives you the boot menu, so you can select the CD/DVD drive?

If its not detected with F12, double check the cabling for the optical drive. A connector may have been inadvertently disconnected while replacing the hard drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/70095-dell-660s-cant-see-optical-drive-after-hd-replaced.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently added memory to my Dell Optiplex 210L, and in all honestly I expected smoke when I turned it on, but nope, its running fine, and quite a bit faster. It was upgraded from 512 MB to 1.25 GB RAM. Anyways, the optical drive has trouble ejecting, so I would like to replace it. However, i'm aware that they have different connectors (IDE, ect), and I don't know what type my computer has. Can anyone lead me into the right direction?

A:What kind of optical drive for Dell Optiplex 210l

You can determine if your disc drive is IDE or SATA by looking at its connection and cables.

The gray ribbon cable is IDE.

The red cable is SATA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-kind-of-optical-drive-for-dell-optiplex-210l.1140836/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have two older Dell C laptops that I plan to give C840 optical Dell Solved: Latitude drive away They both are in good working order While cleaning them up I had this problem The optical drives CD only stopped Solved: Dell Latitude C840 optical drive recognizing when anything was placed in the drive Control panel shows the drives as quot This device is working properly quot Yet when anything is placed in the drive it never starts and when I check I get the quot Please insert a disk into drive D quot message I deleted several old games Hoyle card Solved: Dell Latitude C840 optical drive games Mah Jong Hoyle board games I also changed the log on name to the name of the person s the machine s were going to be given to Everything else continues to be ok with both machines They boot up Windows XP Pro SP they did the latest Windows updates AVG updates everything is normal Autoplay is quot on quot for both machines Is there anything else that I need to check or is this just a bizarre coincidence that both drives have the same problem at the same time Oh yeah I Solved: Dell Latitude C840 optical drive tried switching the drives from one laptop to another but they still do not read media inserted I m stymied on this nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I've had this ongoing problem where my optical drive will not burn anything because it rejects all discs telling me they are unwritable.
What troubleshooting steps can I take to fix this issue or discover which piece of the puzzle is failing?
I'm running Win 7 Pro.
The optical drive is:
ST1000DM ST1000DM003-1CH1
Driver provider: Microsoft
Driver version: 6.1.7601.19133
Driver date : 6/21/2006

A:Dell XPS 8700 Optical drive rejecting ALL discs for burning

Forgot to add..
the Optical drive is
HL - DT- ST- DVD+ RW GHA2N SCSI CDRom Device

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992752
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a dell M with a normal hard disk of GB In order to speed up the machine I want to fit a SSD Pretec SATM bay 7 M5110 SSD optical Dell Issue in installing Windows drive on G-CMM on which I want to do a clean Windows install As I want to have sufficient capacity to store all my files I want to install them both at the same time Unfortunately Issue installing Windows 7 on SSD in optical drive bay Dell M5110 I'm unable to get Windows to boot correctly from the SSD Ay help would be very much appreciated Using an adapter I installed the SSD in the optical drive bay FYI Replacing the GB disc by the SSD and fitting the GB disk in the optical drive bay is feasible but requires surprisingly much effort I downloaded Windows ISO via the Microsoft service center gt SW DVD Win Pro Bit English Full MLF X As I have no optical station anymore I quot installed quot the iso file on a USB key using the quot Windows USB DVD Download tool quot I plugged the USB key in a USB slot and started the install language select gt new install gt select Issue installing Windows 7 on SSD in optical drive bay Dell M5110 SSD gt start install Everything goes well until computer tries to reboot again after quot completing installation quot Then I get an error quot Windows Boot manager quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software Issue installing Windows 7 on SSD in optical drive bay Dell M5110 change might be the cause If you want to fix the problem File windows system winload exe status xc e info the selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt quot I rebooted and switched to the previous windows install on the GB disc and everything - including the SSD - are working properly So it does not appear to be a hardware problem although I could be mistaken I tried the following already Run windows repair feature via USB see quot report quot below unsuccessful Format and re-install same issue Changed SATA operation from AHCI to ATA and re-installed same issue Created a new USB KEY as per step above and tried to install again with AHCI same issue again Does anybody know what causes this issue is and how to fix it When using startup repair he shows following error SturpRepairOffline Problem Even Name SrartupRepairOffline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature results appears to differ each time Problem signature ExternalMedia Problem signature Problem signature MissingOsLoader OS Version Locale ID

A:Issue installing Windows 7 on SSD in optical drive bay Dell M5110

Most options to convert optical drive port to HDD are for DATA drive only.

Check your Dell manual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/315037-issue-installing-windows-7-ssd-optical-drive-bay-dell-m5110.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Recieved a replacement CDR/DVD-ROM 48x SATA drive from Dell and not able to get it working.

Steps taken:
-removed old drive, installed new one with new cable
-BIOS detected
-OS detected in Device Manager but displays a driver error
-Downloaded DELL driver part#: DH-48C2S file name: ND12WIN.exe
-When I run this driver utlity it states it cannot find the drive:
ERROR! No matched drive detected!
This utility is only for PBDS CDRWDVD DH-48C2S drive.
(which is the drive I am using!!)
-I also flashed the BIOS with a newer version.

I am running out of ideas and getting really fustrated Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Replacement CDR/DVD-ROM Dell drive not working

They may have sent you a refurbished piece hence this is why these problems are occuring....it may not be your fault you just have to send it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-cdr-dvd-rom-dell-drive-not-working.792543/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone I just need your expert opinion on this matter before I call Dell back Apparently my Hard drive went out on my new computer mos old and I guess possible Motherboard problem as well because the Dell tech told me they were sending a Hard drive amp a motherboard to a Replacement drive??? Dell Hard service tech near me Anyway the tech came out with only the Hard drive When I ask him where the Motherboard was he didn t know anything about a motherboard Dell did not send him one He went ahead and installed the Hard drive amp every thing seems to be working fine now for days so far My concern is do you think my computer would still work ok if it has a faulty motherboard too My warranty will be up in about months amp just want to Dell Replacement Hard drive??? make sure I have a message to call Dell back amp let them know how my service call went but Just wanted your opinion before I do Thanks

A:Dell Replacement Hard drive???

"possible motherboard problem" along with them only fixing the hard drive leads me to believe it was only a faulty hard drive (which is very common).

I would casually mention in your return phone call about the motherboard, but don't push the issue. If the mobo is faulty [now], you'll know about it before 6 months is up (although you likely would already) and can take the appropriate measures for replacement if it comes down to that.

Btw, I hope you backup your data.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431538/dell-replacement-hard-drive/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just looking for instructions on replacing the hard drive of my Dell Digitial Jukebox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-dj-hard-drive-replacement.432846/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have to replace the GEFORCE 8600 GT with an equivalent one as the former is not for sale any longer.  The actual video card includes: 1xS-Video + 1xHDMI + 1x DVI-I (dual-link) ports.Could you please advise some equivalent types?The desktop is equipped with Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor @2.4GHz and 4Gb RAM. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/nvidia-geforce-8600-gt-video-card-replacement/td-p/5832294
Relevancy 62.78%

I have an older Dell Inspiron laptop and the hard drive is on its way out. I don't know a whole lot about hardware, but a guy at the local repair shop told me that any 2.5" IDE would pretty much work as a replacement. I looked on newegg first and had trouble finding one. Maybe I'm just an ***** but I was wondering if someone can help me find a solid one online so I can buy it. I'm looking for around the 60-80GB range maybe.

A:Hard drive replacement in Dell laptop

This will work for you:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148128

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-replacement-in-dell-laptop.98676/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a new issue with my Dell Inspiron series computer I recently relocated and my new condo will not allow me to turn on my computer normally It will allow me to turn it on in safe mode Periodically it will boot up normally then crackle show a black screen shut down then automatically reboot only the same thing happens over and over I've taken it to Staples and had a diagnostics test and tune up They basically looked at me like I had heads when I told them what Inspiron help! 8600 was happening They found nothing wrong I was then told they would have only checked my hard drive and it may have something to do with my software I have Window XP Strangely enough I can open my computer and use it normally at other locations like Panera Bread and the Library I feel like this is a simple problem but I'm not that computer savy to know what is wrong Can someone please give me some input on this issue Thank you kindly bb

A:Inspiron 8600 help!

you're speaking of a laptop if i am correct. i know my brother had a similar issue, but he fixed it. his issue was one of the computer chips was not popped in all the way as it had came loose.

i am not a laptop expert, desktops are my specialty

hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-8600-help-541910.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello.
I need to replace my old HDD in Latitude E6230.
I found in local store one model of 500 Gb HDD, but I need to be sure if it is compatible with my E6230.
Does Seagate Momentus 5400.6 (ST9500325AS, PN: 9HH134-500) compatible with Dell Latitude E6230?
Thanks beforehand.

A:Dell Latitude E6230 HDD (hard drive) replacement

Yes, it'll work just fine in that system.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991443
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a trashed h/drive and have ordered a new sata 250 g drive. after I install it, what do I need to do? Format?? load XP? will the m/board recognize it?

Thanks for any help

A:Hard drive replacement Dell Dimension 5100

The system should recognize the drive once you connect it. Then you will need to reinstall Windows, the drivers, and any software you need on it. The Windows XP installation will take care of the partitioning and formatting for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-replacement-dell-dimension-5100.724018/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have tried to upgrade my g/f's inspiron 8600 to windows XP PRo, i have formatted her HD and deleted all partitions, and made it out to be a fresh install of windows xp pro, i get to the splash screen for windows then it gives me a blue screen, gives me an error saying INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM. I have tried numerous things, switched to selective startup and disabled everything, disabled mostly everything in device manager, i am now isntalling SP2 on the pc, does anybody have any idea what is going on, when i installed XP, i formatted the HD deleting the 3 partitions that were on the drive to begin with, i then created a brand new partition, I am able to get into safe mode but when i try normally i get to the splash screent hen i get the blue screen.. Please Help!

A:Installed XP PRO on inspiron 8600

A quick Google search found this. Looks promising. Read the whole thread.
http://forum.tweakxp.com/forum/shwme...ssageID=138180

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-xp-pro-on-inspiron-8600-a-71022.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I haven t been out here in a while but as a result of previous forays on Tech Spot I regularly update and run AVG free Malwarebytes Anti-malware Super Anti-Spyware Ccleaner and Easyclean - I additionally run Threatfire and Comodo which take care of themselves None of these applications have detected anything Troublesome 8600 Inspiron more Troublesome Inspiron 8600 than quot potentially dangerous objects quot in super Anti-Spyware even Troublesome Inspiron 8600 when run as quot full quot scans However lately I ve been encountering all manner of intermittent minor but annoying issues - no response when I click on anything in a browser while online though not a firm quot lock up quot situation necessarily I ve discovered that during these non-responsive episodes that opening Windows Task Manager quot unlocks quot the situation and I can once again click on something and it will work However many times I will have to leave Task Manager open and repeatedly click anywhere on its open window to quot toggle quot on a response mechanism in my browser Troublesome Inspiron 8600 so that I may continue with whatever I was doing How weird is that - I don t set up a screensaver on my desktop so when a set amount of time has gone by without activity the screen will just go black All I have to do is touch a key to restore the desktop But I ve occasionally noticed that this doesn t happen the desktop just remains visible often for hours without any action from me and I haven t changed any desktop display settings - Occasionally after the machine has completed booting up a double click on an icon will not open that application but instead a menu will appear as if I had right-clicked on the icon instead of double clicked on it This annoying condition will remain until I reboot - The Operating System Windows XP Professional will sometimes not complete Shut Down all that will be left is a pale blue screen with the cursor still visible and movable I ve shut it down before going out for a walk with the dog only to find it in this condition upon my return or minutes later My only recourse is to complete shut down manually which I hate doing - I use a Sierra Wireless modem to connect online many times while online everything will become unresponsive and I receive the kind of message from my browser s that indicates I ve been disconnected I initially thought that this had something to do with the network but often the network signal is still quite strong when this happens and there are many times when the signal is a bit weak and I can still browse unimpeded So now I m wondering if it s more to do with the laptop rather than the modem or network signal strength Again these issues are intermittent but they happen often enough now that ease of use is becoming the exception rather than the rule The machine was purchased in late spring early summer of so it doesn t really owe me anything But I can t really afford a new system at the moment or probably not until after next year at this time If my system is becoming unstable I m wondering if there s anything short of regular backups for safety s sake - it s my business machine that I might do to keep it going for another months or so Any ideas suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Karan nbsp

A:Troublesome Inspiron 8600

do not install more than 1 antivirus on a machine. You''ll get conflicts and that will generate problems. Run crap cleaner or glary soft registry repair. Or run CHKDSK C: from the command prompt.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troublesome-inspiron-8600.140300/
Relevancy 61.49%

I suggested a friend's old P3 Dell Inspiron may be quicker running Ubunto. I repartioned and formatted the hard drive before realising there was no CD player. How do I now reinstall an OS? The hard drive connection is not the same as my Dell Lattitude so I can't swop drives. I've tried USB supporting boot disks but still can't access USB devices. Is there any other way to install Ubunto or other OS?
I've tried Duse boot and an Iomega version. USB is assigned a drive letter but when I run DOSUSB.COM (part of the booting routine) the system hangs.
How do I restore the machine?

A:Dell Inspiron has no CD drive and I have formatted hard drive

Ubuntu is an excellent free operating system
But you removed the Partition? How did you remove it? With a floppy disk? because that would seem very strange

Obviously No.1 is to get a working CD or DVD Drive installed (he'll probably need it for other stuff too )
And then >> chat with Dell to see if you can get the Windows Recovery Disc from them (although "P3" is very doubtful that it exists)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-has-no-cd-drive-and-i-have-formatted-hard-drive.137255/
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently dropped my Inspiron Notebook It landed on a corner It is still working but it occasionally it won t power on unless I mess with the screen flex it up and down It used to standby when I closed the lid Now it stands-by for about minute intervals standby then comes Dropped my Inspiron 8600 Solved: back on standby then comes back on I ve checked my power options and they haven t changed Sometimes when I power it on the light that indicates I am connected to AC power doesn t immediately come on as it used to It may take having the Solved: Dropped my Inspiron 8600 laptop turned on for plus minutes to finally see the light come on My volume controls and mute button that are located right above the keyboard no longer work I Solved: Dropped my Inspiron 8600 have to use the volume control properties on my system tray to adjust the volume I m not sure if my fan is working like it used to Does anyone have any recommendations Could it have knocked something loose when I fumbled it Is it a relatively easy fix or should I ship it to Dell or another laptop repair service If so does anyone have any recommendations outside of Dell Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I have just recently noticed that my Dell Inspiron Laptop is running at a slower processor speed that it should be... It should be running at 1700mhz and is only running at 594 mhz... Its plugged in and I just did a fresh install so its back to factory default... I have tried to contact the customer support but all efforts have failed because they don't understand what I am talking about... I hope someone can give me an idea of what I should do.. Thanks!

A:Inspiron 8600 Processor Issue...

Please Contact Me On This Issue. Had Simmilar Issues. No Expert, But Have Had 5 Years With Dell Laptop Usage, Inspiron 2650,8500,8600,e1505!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-8600-processor-issue.39498/
Relevancy 60.2%

I bought my laptop in and wonder if I can get another year or two out of it It becomes unbearably slow or freezes up entirely and has a couple of other quirks like the screen blacking out randomly and I am trying to figure out the best way to limp along until I can afford new Virus spyware-free clean desktop defragged empty temp files organized files changed os settings to max performance instead of looks About of the g on my hard drive is free and I have ram x The options to improve performance seem to be wipe the 8600? Options performance of improving inspiron for the harddrive and reinstall everything buy partition magic and reinstall xp in Options for improving the performance of inspiron 8600? its own drive and create a partition for paging upgrade my ram max g Options for improving the performance of inspiron 8600? to decrease vm use upgrade hard disk max g for possible decrease in access time move my data to an external drive upgrade the processor to very expensive Wiping scares me and with so little hard disk space I am concerned about partitiioning As I understand it windows lives all over the place on C now and it is necessary to reinstall it to put all the pieces in one place My data and registry are backed up and i have all of my programs but I am still nervous Is it expensive to pay someone to do this From what I read I am also going to wind up needing to replace the backlight and related parts in a year or less My battery has less than minutes My warranty is done Thanks for any advice Peace nbsp

A:Options for improving the performance of inspiron 8600?

Personally, I prefer to keep my OS and user-created data on separate partitions. It makes backing up user data much easier. I have never used Documents and Settings or My Documents for anything. My things are on D, a separate partition.

If your screen is blanking occasionally, I wouldn't put another dime into it; but, if you are set on getting it working better, here goes:
#1 That's the best idea if you suspect most of the sluggishness is due to malware.
#2 If you wipe the disk, you can delete the partition (the single partition) and recreate two out of the same space. You won't need any third-party partitioning program for that. You can do it with a Windows 98 startup disk. Personally, I use 15 Gigs for my OS partition.
#3 With 512 RAM, you would not see any improvement in performance in a RAM upgrade. 512 is the sweet spot for XP. From 128 to 256 will be a dramatic difference. From 256 to 512 would make a noticable and worth while difference. From 512 to 1024 would be hardly noticable.
#4 Adding an external drive would be a good backup strategy; but, it would not better your performance even one tiny bit.
#5 Doubling the processor speed would make a noticable difference. Anything less than that would be a waste of time and money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/options-for-improving-the-performance-of-inspiron-8600.554546/
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been having some problems adjusting my computer resolution on my Inspiron 8600. Whenever I attempt to change the resolution on either the desktop or in a game, I get massive amounts of black bars to either side of the screen. (as opposed to stretching to fit as it has always done on a standard monitors).

This problem has been most notable in WarCraft 3. I can't even get above 800x640 before the screen goes halfway out of my viewable area (even though the max resolution is 1680x1050 on my desktop, so I shouldn't have this problem). Same thing with Counter-strike. Even though it allegedly supports widescreen, it only returns an error message when I try to switch to it. I'm guessing there's something embarassingly obvious in the display options or something that will fix this problem, but I've failed in finding it. Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks

A:Resolution problems with Inspiron 8600 notebook...help!

Have you tried going to dell.com and trying to see if they might have a solution to the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-problems-with-inspiron-8600-notebook-help.257424/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey guys,..I got a problem with a dell inspiron 8600 in which it came with XP. I installed windows 7 ultimate and there was no audio driver, and I cant find it in dell support site there's only xp drivers for the model, also I can't update the system I cracked product keys for the windows copy. Anyone with an ideal? I will appreciate a lot. Thanks.

A:Inspiron 8600 Windows 7 audio driver

TechSpot does not support warez.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-8600-windows-7-audio-driver.187021/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have the PBDS dual layer dvd drive on my dell inspiron 1520 which I got from my phone company back in 2007, The system still works great even with windows 10, but the dvd drive no longer shows in the bios and is no longer detected.   I have to use a unbent paperclip to open the drive but it will not spin up....how do I get it to be discovered in bios?   I am also wondering about upgrades for this laptop besides a new hard drive, or power adapter or battery.  Is there anything available to be able to use bluetooth on this system.   it works better than an acer laptop I got when I went to school.  and any ideas on renewing the letters and numbers on the keyboard

A:dvd drive on Dell Inspiron 1520

Hi,
Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.
I would recommend you to reseat the Optical Drive as it could be a connection issue. Please follow the instructions from page 54 of the service manual from the link below to reseat the optical drive:
http://dell.to/1UlUNzo
In case if the optical drive is still not detected, it could be faulty and needs to be replaced based on the system warranty. 
Unfortunately, there aren't much upgrade options available for this model apart from the one's already mentioned by you. 
The easiest way to get the bluetooth functionality on this system is to use a third party USB Bluetooth Adapter. I would recommend to check the system requirements to confirm the compatibility with your system. 
The letters on the keyboard usually fade away over a period of time with usage/wear & tear. Unfortunately, wear and tear issues are not covered under the warranty. The recommended action in this case would be to order and install a new keyboard. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19676482
Relevancy 60.2%

i restarted my computer earlier today after getting a bluescreen error(not sure what it was) and now, my computer can't find a boot device, it has been wroking perfectly since changing the power supply and cpu fan in it. before that it would shut down and restart repeatedly. thought the fan was going out, so replaced the fan, no help, changed the PSU and have had no problems till today. anyway to check the hard drive?

A:dell inspiron 530-hard drive

Try the Dell diagnostics

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/inspd530/en/OM/HTML/trouble.htm#wp1081896

There are several ways to run them. Read carefully. Also note the section "Dell Diagnostics Main Menu"

If Diagnostics do not run from the hard drive, and you do not have the Drivers and Utilities Media, you can download the diagnostics software and create a bootable CD or flash drive to run the diagnostics. Read the "Installation Instructions" on the page I linked to below.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=265259

When you download the file, and you get a download options window, choose "Download via your Internet Browser"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-530-hard-drive.890026/
Relevancy 60.2%

My previous hard disk went out so I bought a new hard disk, and then discovered that there is no cd drive on my laptop. So how can I load the operating system onto this hard disk. I have a retail CD for it, but i dont know what to do. Please help

A:dell inspiron 1200 no CD drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx..._-27135208-L07DThere are other ways, none easy, but a good usb drive usable on any computer and OS can always be handy or sold to a friend.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329553/dell-inspiron-1200-no-cd-drive/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,

I have a Dell inspiron mini 910 that was failing on boot up...no operating system found
when i looked in the bios it said hard drive:none

i bought another 16GB drive off Ebay that cost me 50.00, and installed it.
it is still saying no drive found.

now from what i been reading any pci-express pata drive should work with this system...and the drive
fits ok. But its still no drive found in the bios.

can anything be done or do you think its the motherboard thats failed. I was thinking about flashing the bios
as its on bios A0

any input appreciated...
pk

A:About a PATA drive for Dell inspiron 910

PCI-E actually has nothing to do with a Pata (IDE) hard drive. Hard drives purchased from eBay are a real gamble unless it is "NEW" in the factory packaging. This was unlikely to be a new drive considering the capacity and the interface. It is possible that the drive you purchased was not working to begin with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-a-pata-drive-for-dell-inspiron-910.953205/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having some problems with my inspiron laptop, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what it could be and how to fix it?

When I start up my laptop, it displays only a part of the screen. It is as if you split the screen horizontal 3.5 times, but only displayed the middle section 4 times on the screen.

This happens from the very begining of boot, and it boots up just fine. So it appears to be a hardward issue.

I have an Inspiron 8600, with a 15.4 inch screen, and an ATI 128 Mb video card. I take it from my house to my girlfriends house, but I haven't dropped it, or done anything strange to it.

Anythoughts??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-inspiron-8600-screen-video-card.44502/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys this is my first post I hope to also start helping others soon as I have been helping friends and family I need to learn Hijack This though and get back up to date with current technology I just upgraded a Dell Inspiron laptop and did a fresh install of Windows XP Home for a friend The hardware upgrades were a GB HD to GB HD and Ram to Gig Ram The computer reads all the newly installed hardware but runs really slow I mean everything does like opening closing and deleting files It also takes like seconds just to get to the first quot LOADING XP quot screen What can the problem be It wasn t that slow before the upgrades I haven t used the laptop for about years but I know it s supposed to be faster than what it is because a friend has an identical inspiron that runs faster and it is not upgraded at all I think the problem is that I have a temporary AC adapter that can t charge the computer but can Too. Install Upgraded. OS Fresh Just 8600 Really Inspiron Slow, power it Can this be the problem Perhaps not enough power to the new WD Inspiron 8600 Really Slow, Just Upgraded. Fresh OS Install Too. rpm Hard Drive The memory is gig sticks from crucial I am in the process of ordering an official AC adapter though Any Ideas Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239326/inspiron-8600-really-slow-just-upgraded-fresh-os-install-too/
Relevancy 59.34%

I looking for an drive for an dell inspiron 1100 notebook. What type of drive does it
take? It appears that it has a black connector in the compter that will accept
some type of parallel connection? Do they make a standard type of drive
for notebooks that could be used in that computer?
I am thinking about searching for one on e-bay but I need to know
what to look for and good keywords in order to choose a proper drive.

Thank you

Relevancy 59.34%

I believe my Dell Inspiron 6000 has Ultra ATA. I wanted to upgrade my hard drive since it is kind of slow but I basically just want a cheap and fast hard drive. Could anyone recommend one for me?

Also, would i be able to use a SATA hard drive on my laptop or would I have to stick to Ultra ATA? thanks

A:Hard Drive for Dell Inspiron 6000

You probably have to stay with Ultra ATA as the connector is built-in the the board.
If your drive is 4500 or 5400 RPM you can probably see an improvement by getting a 7200 RPM drive.
There are several here:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=1277&name=2.5-Hard-Drive&

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-for-dell-inspiron-6000.142302/
Relevancy 59.34%

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 17 2-in-1. There is allready a SanDisk X400 7mm SSD installed, but there is a slot for a M.2 SSD open.
I bought the M.2 version of the SanDisk X400 (500GB) for compatibility, but after plugin it in, it doesnt pick up?
Should I do some extra setting or installments?

A:Dell inspiron 17 cant find extra m.2 ssd drive

Which model 178 -- i.e., 7739, etc.?  Does the system setup (F2 at powerup) see the drive?
The X400 is a SATA M.2 drive -- some of the newer 17s such as the 7779 require a PCIe SSD, not SATA.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996753
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Guys,

I am having a absolute nightmare, Long story short....

I have a dell inspiron 1545. The Hard Drive failed so I bought a new hard drive. I have looked into how to format this new HD. I put the new HD in it and put in my DELL Software CD. Restarted the laptop, as asked and all I get is the bar with the green loading blocks, with the microsoft incorporation underneath it, and it does this for hours. It doesnt load anything?

Not only have a lost 4 years of data, now this new one wont work. I really need any advice, to sort this. Im not currently working and i cant afford a heavy bill to take it to someone.

[email addr. removed by mod] - if anyone can help me!

many thanks guys.....

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi ,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 purchased in 2012 . It has suddenly stopped working and shows error message :
Error Code :2000-0142
Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N S2WADMNW , self test unsuccessful. Status = 7

Please can someone tell me where I should go or whom to contact to het this fixed ?
Regards,
Patralika

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Hard Drive 0

Hello!  It looks like your hard drive is/has gone bad.  You will need to replace it.  Depending on where you live, there should be computer repair shops in your city/town that can help you.  Dell might be able to do it but it would cost a bit more as your computer is more then likely out of warranty.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983189
Relevancy 59.34%

This is first post, so please excuse any display of ignorance from me.

I know that the hard drive is bad. It will not let me boot up to try and recover data. Last resort is to send to a data recovery specialist.

If the drive is cool, it will try to boot, but it is looking for a corrupted file, "ntoskrnl.exe" in the \System32 dir (Win 2000 Pro). Is there a way I can transfer this file onto the drive?

I have tried to Repair with the Dell reinstall CD, it does not work. It hangs up during the checking C:\ drive portion. I tried it under the Console Recovery and same thing. Also tried the "fixboot"; it did not do anything for me.

Any Suggestions?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
tootech4me

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
Our 580 MT is 6 years old so time to instal a new Hard Drive before the original shows any signs of failing.
I have a Seagate 1 TB SSHD to become the main drive (& keep the original - now 6 year old - HDD in place as a Data Drive), 
My plan is to put the new drive in the second Bay, clone the Drive, & then simply swap the SATA cables so the "new" drive becomes the Main drive without having to alter anything in the BIOS
Of course this requires a third SATA cable attached to the Motherboard
I checked inside the Tower today, & as should be, two of the SATA sockets are in use, (Numbered 1 & 2)
Sorry for what might be a Dumb Question, but although the sockets marked 1, 2, & 4 are black in colour, number 3 is white - is there any significance to this?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19978132
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I'm considering purchasing a Dell Inspiron 1150 with a 40GB hard drive. If I wanted to later add another 40GB, is there room to add an additional drive or would I have to purchase an 80GB drive and transfer the contents of the old drive to the new one?

A:More than one hard drive in a Dell Inspiron 1150?

No, you cannot add hard drives to a laptop. Yes, you can copy the 40GB contents to the 80GB using an adapter or an USB enclosure and possibly a desktop computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/more-than-one-hard-drive-in-a-dell-inspiron-1150.32410/