Windows Support Forum

Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Q: Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 98.9%

I have Beetel TC ADSL Modem Router connected to ISPs Extend router WiFi of using range G604T/2640T 450TC2 RJ Phone Line - DSL at ground floor of my home All devices laptops and Android Phones Yureka Mi and Samsung S are connected over WiFi and enjoy good signal n speeds on ground floor and front half of first floor I need WIFI n Internet connectivity at full first and second floor and possibly rd floor if not asking too much I have spare D-Link DSL-G T and D-Link DSL- T WiFi ADSL modem routers Primary DSL Modem Router Beetel Extend WiFi range of 450TC2 router using G604T/2640T TC has PPPoE Airtel Connection with dynamic ip from ISP My DSL is on x IP Address Laptops n Smartphones get anything like - at max and even more when guests are here I do not have option to connect the TC and G T T using wire Phone or CAT or Electric as per design of house building I cannot use G T T as primary router I do see WDS setting in Beetel TC but not in G T T I have not changed anything on TC however i have RESET G T T and then changed following using wired lan connection between PC n G T T IP of G T T to Wireless SSID n Channel to be same Extend WiFi range of 450TC2 router using G604T/2640T as TC i e SabharwalHome and DHCP at G T T has been disabled No ATM PPP settings have been configured as the G T T devices have been HARD RESET using the button provided Please help nbsp

A:Extend WiFi range of 450TC2 router using G604T/2640T

i suspect those routers will not work as extenders
they cannot have DD-WRT installed

The can be used as switches , but you would need to run a cable

the other option is powerline adapters which use the electrical wiring , you can get them with a wireless facility as well

or wireless extenders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-wifi-range-of-450tc2-router-using-g604t-2640t.1144416/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,

I know this is a known problem that many have had. I have tried to find solutions through other posts ive read online but I can still not resolve this issue.

I can connect to the internet via the WLAN cable and it works fine. However, I would prefer to have freedom and use WIFI instead. But I can only connect locally. I know a bit about trying to fix it but I am no computer wizz kid so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The strange thing is I can connect to new networks sometimes ok on WIFI but others I get this problem I have mentioned.

The network I am tryng to connect to is one at home which is new.

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299936-wifi-router-only-connected-locally.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a but router internet no Connected WiFi to acess! ASUS E U i notebook computer with Windows Home Ultimate A few days ago it just stopped getting internet I get the error No DNS server detected I tryed the hardwired Connected to WiFi router but no internet acess! connection and it worked fine Then I set up my Netgear signal extender and connected to my router through it and it worked fine I don't normaly use the extendor as I live in a small one bedroom appartment It's for other locations I have researched this problems and followed over a dozen diffrent instructions to flush DNS and disable some other stuff etc Nothing works I have AVG free antivirus but it has never interfered with my internet on any of my computers The computer is a few months old It came with Mcaffee but I uninstalled it So that couldn't be it Please help Let me know if you need any other data Here is the result of ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ASUS-i - M Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dce e f b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB- - - - -A - - -BC DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FFCF - A C- A- E -D DA F CAF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is System Info Network Protocol Name MSAFD Tcpip TCP IPv Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data Yes Supports Graceful Closing Yes Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting No Name MSAFD Tcpip UDP IPv Connectionless Service Yes Guarantees Delivery No Guarantees Sequencing No Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size KB bytes Message Oriented Yes Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting Yes Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data No Supports Graceful Closing No Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting Yes Name MSAFD RfComm Bluetooth Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data No Supports Graceful Closing Yes Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting No Name MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data Yes Supports Graceful C... Read more

A:Connected to WiFi router but no internet acess!

If you had McAfee you will want to run it's special uninstaller tool.

McAfee Removal Tool - McAfee Uninstaller

A few problems I noticed at that you have 2 Msoft Virtual WiFi mini port adaptors enabled, you should disable both of them as they aren't used unless you set up a hosted wireless network.

Another possible problem is that you seem to have a default gateway showing up where the DNS servers should be.

Is there secondary router in this network or did you type the default gateway into the DNS settings for some reason?

It may help to type the DNS servers into the routers settings then remove the entries from the IPv4 properties.

It also appears that you typed a DNS server into your WINS at the IPv4 properties, WINS isn't used much anymore so removing that entry might be wise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272616-connected-wifi-router-but-no-internet-acess.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 91.59%

Same Connected connect to to router, internet can't wifi wifi network works on my laptop but not my desktop Running the troubleshooter on my desktop Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet comes up with no errors My ipconfig all is below Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TARDIS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address B -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b b d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- F-B -C - - -E - D-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address C - - -E - D-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - B - A D- B A F CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B A - BAD- CD-B - FAE AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cbc b ea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BA C C- C - E-B - D D D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - A F- - C- FBF D AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mike gt

A:Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet

According to this you should have a connection so something may be blocking the connection like an Anti Virus software.

Does it show up as connected but the browsers won't go anywhere? If so I have something for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262213-connected-wifi-router-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Wifi not connected and wifi button stay orange what I do tu resolve this problem... im so ............ plz help I try many mathods but they didn't work .........I need my wifi back....

A:wifi button light stay.orange and wifi.not connected

And I have HP 1000 notebook PC......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-button-light-stay-orange-and-wifi-not-connected/td-p/5609896
Relevancy 90.73%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi everybody!

I would be happy if anybody could help me solve my network connection problems. I am trying to connect my laptop to internet via wireless router and modem. It successfully connected to router there is no internet access. I have tried wire connection directly to the modem, and it worked. I also know the wireless router is working fine due to we have phones that wirelessly connected to the router, and they are also getting internet access.

Please help!

A:Laptop wifi connected to router but no internet access

I would firstly, double check security and you typed your passkey in right.. sounds dumb but has fixed many peoples errors. Also make sure you didn't block your MAC Adrees.

If still no go, turn off the router security then try to connect.

If no go try updating the drivers.

If still no go then we got issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296717-laptop-wifi-connected-router-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

when I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

A:Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

Originally Posted by notech

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

can you just run through your post again, you seem to be saying that you have disabled your wireless on your router and you lose connection on the wireless connection on your computer.
you will, because you disabled it.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208242-cant-connect-wifi-w-internet-when-connected-rj45-another-router-x64.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi, wifi is not connected properly. Network connection list is visible but try connect means,thrown error as unable to connect. After troubleshooting i am getting the below error message "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point".  Please suggest me to resolve the issue.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-connected-after-installed-ralink-wifi-adaptor/td-p/5677670
Relevancy 89.87%

hello,

iam using windows 7 professional 32 bit. my laptop is hp elitebook 2560. my laptop is capturing signal, i am able to connect to internet also. But in wifi icon,on wifi bar cross mark is showing up.

A:wifi signal bars not showing but connected to wifi

Do you have another user account on this computer? Are you able to see the Network indicator in the notification toolbar on that account? Follow the steps in this documentto create a new user account. If you do find that the icon is in the notification taskbar, you may also use those steps to recover from a corrupted user profile.
Let us know if this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366004-wifi-signal-bars-not-showing-but-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 89.87%

This is the exact opposite of most WiFi issues. I have two guest networks set up on my wireless router (Asus RT-68U), one for each of my daughters. I change the password daily in order to make them earn the password with chores after school. My older daughter's T450 refuses to stop connecting to the WiFi, even persisting through reboots. MAC address filtering fails, as does turning off internet access to her MAC/IP combination. After changing the password or enabling one of the more strict rules, eventually, randomly, her laptop will finally decide to stop accessing her WiFi connection. I am fairly certain it is something with the Lenovo as I have two other laptops, one Asus and one HP that both respond as I would expect to a WiFi password change. Any ideas as to why this happens with the Lenovo?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-staying-connected-after-changing-WiFi-password/td-p/3418206
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello, I've recently installed KALI LINUX on a VM and installed a driver for an external wireless card in order for KALI to connect to the internet (The driver for the external wireless card is installed on the host machine, which means my PC used
both the internal and external cards at that time).

Unfortunately, Windows then refuses to boot. It gets stuck in a loop of restarts and system recovery attempts.

So my question is: what exactly did I do wrong?
Was it enabling both wireless cards on the host machine at the same time?
Or was it using both to connect to the same WIFI?

Thank you for your answers.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c76c66d-9f20-40b3-8b52-8e36be79d640/what-if-i-connected-2-wireless-cards-to-the-same-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 89.44%

I moved house and brought the wifi router (SMC WBR14 g2) with me as it worked fine. Now in the new area I have a new ISP, and though I have gone to the router admin page and (under instructions from the person who sold it to me) set it up step by step, the network only loads some pages. The pages are random as sometimes a page wont load and other times it may. But also the first time it tries to load, it will take a while connecting to server, then it will say can not find server. However after that, it will instantly say can not find server.

When the cable is plugged directly to my laptop, it works absolutely fine.

I have a Macbook pro, so if anyone knows how to sort this out, please let me know.

Relevancy 88.58%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi Hope you pepl wud b fine Few weeks ago is No Ubuntu and G.Card but connected Wifi lan problem on wireless I purchased a HP Pavilion dv TX laptop I installed Ubuntu on it with vista as dual boot No Wifi on Ubuntu but wireless lan is connected and G.Card problem Now in Ubuntu everything works fine except Minor Problem I couldn t enable appearence effects It asks to enable some extra nVidia driver I try to enable it but it doesnt enables When Ubuntu is booted completely I can see the wireless netwrok connected in top right corner Its connected to my college s wifi network In my college after connecting to the wireless network to access the internet we need to open any website for the first time every session a login page appears There we need to login It works completely fine in Vista But in Ubuntu when I try to open any website in FF immediately Address Not Found error comes instead of the login page FF behaves as if there is no network connection at all Please highlight what could be the possible reasons and how to fix it Thanks in advance Regards Aki nbsp

A:No Wifi on Ubuntu but wireless lan is connected and G.Card problem

1) Run System->Administration->Hardware Drivers. See if the nvidia drivers there are installed properly. If so and it still doesn't work then you need to update your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and specify that your device uses nvidia. You can do it manually or type "sudo nvidia-xconfig". Be sure to back up the xorg.conf file (though nvidia-xconfig should do it automatically) so you can revert back to your old .conf file if anything breaks.

2) It's connected? When you type "ifconfig" in a terminal, do you get an IP? I'm assuming that DHCP isn't working properly or something. Try typing the following:

sudo dhclient <adapter name, probably wlan0? Get this from ifconfig>
sudo ifconfig <adapter> down
sudo ifconfig <adapter> up

You could also just try clicking on the icon or something, since it should be refreshing (down/up) anyways... If it doesn't work, maybe contact your school's IT people? You never see the login page in ubuntu? Or it doesn't work AFTER the login page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wifi-on-ubuntu-but-wireless-lan-is-connected-and-g-card-problem.124134/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi Hope you pepl wud connected wireless lan G.Card on but problem and Ubuntu No Wifi is b fine Few weeks ago I purchased a HP Pavilion dv TX laptop I installed Ubuntu on it with vista as dual boot Now in Ubuntu everything works fine except Minor Problem I couldn t enable appearence effects It asks to enable some extra nVidia driver I try to enable it but it doesnt enables When Ubuntu is booted completely I No Wifi on Ubuntu but wireless lan is connected and G.Card problem can see the wireless netwrok connected in top right corner Its connected to my college s wifi network In my college after connecting to the wireless network to access the internet we need to open any website for the first time every session a login page appears There we need to login It works completely fine in Vista But in Ubuntu when I try to open any website in FF immediately Address Not Found error comes instead of the login page FF behaves as if there is no network connection at all Please highlight what could be the possible reasons and how to fix it Thanks in advance Regards Aki nbsp

A:No Wifi on Ubuntu but wireless lan is connected and G.Card problem

1) Run System->Administration->Hardware Drivers. See if the nvidia drivers there are installed properly. If so and it still doesn't work then you need to update your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and specify that your device uses nvidia. You can do it manually or type "sudo nvidia-xconfig". Be sure to back up the xorg.conf file (though nvidia-xconfig should do it automatically) so you can revert back to your old .conf file if anything breaks.

2) It's connected? When you type "ifconfig" in a terminal, do you get an IP? I'm assuming that DHCP isn't working properly or something. Try typing the following:

sudo dhclient <adapter name, probably wlan0? Get this from ifconfig>
sudo ifconfig <adapter> down
sudo ifconfig <adapter> up

You could also just try clicking on the icon or something, since it should be refreshing (down/up) anyways... If it doesn't work, maybe contact your school's IT people? You never see the login page in ubuntu? Or it doesn't work AFTER the login page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wifi-on-ubuntu-but-wireless-lan-is-connected-and-g-card-problem.124134/
Relevancy 87.72%

My Lenovo a 516 connects to the virtual hotspot (my pc), but it doesn't actually receive any data. I can't browse or download.

I have a WIFI dongle (wireless usb nano adapter) connected to my pc, which i think works fine. The problem is with pc's settings because i tried this with 2 phones and outcome was the same.

I do not have much knowledge about how these things work and might have messed up some settings (ip, dns mask- all those things they as u to change,, on youtube).

Kindly help me rectify this..

PS: When i connected the phone after installing the dongle very first time it worked just fine, i was able to browse and download. Now. Then the wifi fan symbol in my phone showd 2 arrows, both sending and receiving data. Now when i open the browser and try entering any site it shows only upward arrow and thats it.

A:Android phone connected to WIFI thru virtual router but unable to browse or download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/android-phone-connected-to-wifi-thru-virtual-router-but-unable-to-browse-or-download.1117049/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

A:Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 86%

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.  We purchased a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, and it appears to be working.  The issue we are having is when my laptop is connected to the wifi network (LAN), it doesn't find the wireless adapter.
 If I disconnect from the wifi network, it finds the wireless adapter and connects fine.  It appears that my laptop isn't creating a Wifi Direct connection when searching for the Adapter and therefore can't connect to the wireless adapter unless
the wifi is disconnected and therefore available.  Does anyone have experience with this, and ideas?
I haven't yet tried other laptops, but we did test with an Andriod phone, and that connected fine, and was also connected to the Wifi (LAN) at the same time. The laptop is Windows 8.1, and appears to be miracast compliant. (the search for wireless display
button is available)

Thank you!
-Russ

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6e3a9991-5cd2-41b8-9e60-61038de4078d/cant-find-wireless-display-adapter-miracast-while-connected-to-wifi-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 86%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 86%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 85.14%

OK, here's the situation:

On a boat - no hardwire in. Previously had XP machine running ICS and ad-hoc to share connex (WiFI, cell network, whatever I could find would be available to the network). Now using Vista 64, and the ad-hoc is a PITA (have to manually connect at each bootup). So I'm thinking...

If I take the WiFi in to the main computer, then take the LAN out to a wireless router with a crossover cable, disable DHCP and assign IP's (so, kind of a hub), shouldn't I be able to have a sort of ICS access-point thingamabob?

Anyone done this, or heard of this, or think it would/wouldn't work?

Thx,
clamazon

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193958-sharing-wifi-ics-over-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Good evening all:
The question I have is:
We spend about 5-6 months a year in a motorhome, and have access to wifi service in the rv parks. I want to know if a wireless router could be used with an outdoor antenna when we are on the road then taken into the house and used with a dsl modem when we are in the house.
If this is possible, could one of you recommend brand/model that is not too expensive but would do the job.
Thanks so much in advance.
Vicks

Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Netgear WGT624 v2 wireless router that I thought I may be able to use as a WiFi adapter. I have a Bell wireless router/modem combo that my pc hooks up to currently, and five laptops that hook up to this network. I will be moving the pc from where it currently is situated to make a video game/tv room, which will include an xbox 360 that does not have a wireless adapter. This where the router would come in if it is possible. I was hoping to leave the network router where it is and hardwire to the xbox 360. The pc, which does not have a wireless ethernet card has windows xp pro on it and I was hoping to use the router for this computer. Thanks.

A:Wireless router as WiFi adapter?

If the router includes the feature you can use it as a Wireless Bridge or Access Point Client. If it does not include that feature maybe there someday will be DD-WRT firmware for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-as-wifi-adapter.980076/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have an old D-Link router (DI-624), can I use it as a wireless card? I am short on money and don't want to buy a PCI one.
I have Windows XP Pro SP2, and the CD that the router came with.

A:Can I Use My Old D-link Wireless Router As A Wifi Card?

Could you give some more information please? Do you have a NIC card in your computer? Or are you asking if you can use a router in place of a wireless adapter? Your computer must have a wireless adapter or a wired NIC card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108467/can-i-use-my-old-d-link-wireless-router-as-a-wifi-card/
Relevancy 84.28%

I was wondering if / how to set up a wireless router to work with a WIFI network. My parents live in a park that has just added WIFI for Internet. What settings have to be set in a wireless router to have it connect to the WIFI system?

Thanks

A:using a wireless router with a WIFI internet connection.

We need to know more about the WiFi Internet connection. Is it 802.11g, or do you have some sort of receiver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-wireless-router-with-a-wifi-internet-connection.378318/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everyone

I want to set up an old DSL-G604T Wireless Router as an extender/repeater for my WiFi.
I know that I have to have an Ethernet Cable to do this, so I have set that up between my existing router and my secondary router.

The part that I get confused about is the setup that involves changing the settings in the secondary router (IP address, Subnet Mask, Channel etc...)

I wondered if it would be also possible to make my existing wireless router (which is providing Internet access) to connect with my secondary wireless router in such a way that it comes up as one wireless connection instead of having to switch over between different wireless connections that has the most range.

So overall a Step by Step Guide would certainly help with this.
Thanks

A:Using a DSL-G604T Wireless Router as an extender for my WiFi

You probably will have to have separate names for the 2 networks. As far as settings, you want to connect from one of the LAN ports on the first router to one of the LAN ports on the second router. You then go into the second routers settings and make sure you turn off DHCP, this basically turns it into a wireless switch or AP. You would probably also want to change the 2nd routers IP to the same subnet as the first router but make sure it doesn't end in a 1, like 192.168.1.1. make it .254 or something like that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311946-using-dsl-g604t-wireless-router-extender-my-wifi.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router and was wondering if its possible to use this as a wireless adapter for my computer?? I think it might support the DDWRT open source firmware??? I am wanting to do this STRICTLY as a learning purpose.

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello all
I just bought a leguang N-120 usb wifi wlan card out door antenna for my windows 7 dell laptop. It works great getting 4 bars from 2000 feet away.I need to know where I can find a wireless router for it so I can use it on other computers in house. I tried using mhotspot but cannot get it to work.

A:leguang n-120 wifi usb wlan card need wireless router

From website, it seems pretty straight forward to set up.

Maybe you need to disable the on-board wireless, in case you haven't done that yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371865-leguang-n-120-wifi-usb-wlan-card-need-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hello, I have an arris broadband modem combo and the wifi signal in the basement is poor I tryed to connect a netgear n 300 wireless router (wnr2000v3) to extend the wifi with an ethernet cable but the neatgear router does not have an internet connection. what can i do or what am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 82.56%

Just bought this belkin router. Linked one computer through LAN and 4 devices through WIFI

For some reason my WIFI devices are not able to read or detect connections to the LAN network..

Can someone help me with this ?i found a similar thread but not sure how to work this problem out

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1427502

A:Belkin Share Wireless Modem Router WiFi and LAN not linked

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Check these links for more information.

Belkin : Support : Setup Assistant for Routers

Belkin : Support : Configuring Wireless Security

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202177-belkin-share-wireless-modem-router-wifi-lan-not-linked.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys - setting up computers in my new home and have got the wifi working fine with my BT connect wifi Router to Ethernet Cannot via BTHub3 but Wireless works - Home Hub router works for laptops mobile devices etc Have been trying to connect via Ethernet for a laptop and home pc for a faster more reliable connection but it doesn't seem to be working When plugged in the Network and Sharing Centre simply displays the loading blue circle with 'identifying' but no network access When clicking on the Local Area Connection Status both IPv and IPv connectivity state no network access but I can't seem to find Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works any hardware problems on the laptop The same issue occurs for other laptops at home and I know my laptop works with Ethernet at work Running ipconfig all shows that DHCP is enabled I checked this on the properties tab for the IPvs autoconfiguration is enabled I can add in a copy and paste of the whole ipconfig all if that's helpful - 'media disconnected' shows for Tunnel adapters but I don't really understand what they are If anyone could help at all I'd be really grateful

A:Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works

Could be that the router is only set to wifi.
go to your router setting page open it (192.168.0.1) check the settings there,
password is probably admin if you havn't changed it, please do change it if you havn't.

Or plan B reset the router

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377034-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-bthub3-wireless-router-but-wifi-works.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Can someone laptop connection to wireless DSL from has a via wifi web that router existing Send plese help me with this I would like to take Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL and existing web connection thats on a laptop and send it to a new Netgear wireless modem providing an internet connection for devices out of the wifi modem My original connection is from a DSL modem and is connected via wifi to my laptop Here is what i tried so far The router i want to use now is connected to my laptop via Ethernet cable and goes into the Wan port of the router First i simply turned on sharing on my existing wifi connection and the internet icon on the router is green but when i go to status of the router it says no web connection and devices such as an ipod don t receive any internet Next i tried to bridge the connection but that did not work either even though my laptop showed that they were bridged Please help as i have spent hours on this already Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-existing-web-connection-to-a-wireless-router-via-laptop-that-has-wifi-from-dsl.1104218/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all I have owned my home for years and I ve never been able to have wireless signal in any of the bedrooms I ve bought a few new routers that claim to have good range Belkin F D - v and wifi need to range extend an ASUS RT-N U but still no luck with either of them The issue is that I have a cable need to extend wifi range modem in my office which is close to our main TV and PS but that side of the house is an addition and is separated from the rest of the house by a year old block wall Running an ethernet cable from my office to the other side of the house would be a real pain and something that I would like to avoid at almost all cost I get great download speeds with the ASUS router and would like to continue using that as the main modem in my office but I was thinking about trying one of the available power-line network adaptors http www amazon com ZyXEL-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter-PLA KIT dp B D GF FU ref dp ob title ce and setting up a secondary wireless signal for the other side of the house with the Belkin router I m afraid that I don t know much about setting this up or if it would even work I would primarily use this connection to use the iPad and stream Hulu Plus or Netflix to the bedrooms Can anyone give me some advice on using powerline adaptors for the application that I have in mind Also I m looking for a tutorial on how to set up a second wireless signal using the two routers that I have Thanks in advanced for anyone with some helpful advice nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

My modem/wifi/mta is in one box from the local cable company. On the extreme edges of the house, the wifi signal is weak. How best to extend this range, another AP, a repeater? Can you connect another router to the main router with Ethernet cable and relocate it in the weak area. Having two different SIDs/channels a problem? Most devices will auto change to strongest signal? Or other suggestions.

A:How best to extend my wifi range

1) Can you relocate the original router? You can join two LAN cables via a female-to-female adapter and maybe put the original router in a better spot.

2) Some people have had luck changing the antenna on their original router.
D-Link - ANT24-0700 - 7dBi Omni-Directional Indoor Antenna at TigerDirect.com
The link above is just an example, I'm not suggesting that you use that particular model or retailer.

3) I'll let others comment on their luck with range extenders. I've used them in some settings, but the throughput suffers.

4) I'll let others comment on their luck with other options :-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296450-how-best-extend-my-wifi-range.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I would like to have wifi beyond Extend wifi house in my shed workshop which is Extend wifi beyond house all steel construction Even standing outside the door I m at the limit of our household wifi so I m wondering what options I have An ethernet cable would be one I m sure but a little difficult to run I ve seen reference to networking via the electric power supply cables but don t understand it Would I still need a router in the shed I d really like some kind of hot spot because I mostly use my tablet which doesn t have broadband or an ethernet port Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K Jr Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I am attempting to extend the range of a WIFI network to cover two buildings, about 300 ft apart. I have installed a D-link extreem -N router and 3 7dbi antennas, however I am still a bit short in range. ( each building has a firewall which seems to be limiting reception).

My research suggests that range expanders are unreliable and difficult to set up.

Thanks

A:Extend WiFi Range

Perhaps some directional antennas might be the ticket?
Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain&#8482; WiFi Range Extending Products.
Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

For 802.11n applications, this ZyXEL ANT1106 6db omni-directional antenna can be used.

For really long range outdoor applications, this 24dB parabolic WiFi Antenna may be a good choice.

If you have a wireless adapter that doesn't have provisions for an external antenna, one adapter that I've had good luck with is a Rosewill RNX-G1 USB Wireless Adapter. It's feature is that is has a removable antenna and will accommodate replacement antennas.

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-wifi-range.948194/
Relevancy 82.13%

is there any way I can use a cisco ea3500 and then use my netgear WGR614 as a wifi extender??

Relevancy 81.7%

hi pardon me if there's a relative post about my post but i want to point out my problem.

i have an existing wifi capable router CDR King LP-8186 originally we use this to network 3 computers (1 Laptop and 2 Desktop) we use wired network and we have no problem until i purchased the Wireless Broadband (USB Dongle) in which i am using to connect to the internet.

The Wireless Broadband is having a DNS error if i am wired to LP-8186 and i can't browse the internet but if i unplug the wire it can connect.

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem. I Just want to use the Wireless Broadband (USB Dongle) to have an internet connection while am also wired to CDR King LP-8186 router (without buying new router that can accomodate both)

Laptop - Win7 OS wifi capable
2 Desktop - Win XP SP3 no wifi just LAN Card

Thank you in advance.

Leinan

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

So I'm having trouble getting on my home wireless internet using my iPhone.

My router is in the basement, and whenever I'm on the third floor, my laptop gets around 2 bars, but my iPhone can't pick up the signal.

So is there any way that I can use my laptop as a second router to extend my wifi to my iPhone? I've tried third party programs like Virtual Router Manager, Connectify, Maryfi, but my iPhone (4S model) picks up the signal for like 20 seconds, and then the wifi just drops for 10 minutes, then picks it up again for like 20 seconds, then drops for like 10 minutes again, and on...)

Is there any way that windows 7 can do it natively? or are there any other solutions out there? thanks!

A:How do I extend my laptop's wifi Internet to my iPhone?

Hello,

Wireless Repeaters/Extenders would help.

If the Router has external Antenna, you may replace them with High Gain Antenna and they are quite reasonable. The higher the dBI's the better signal you'll get. I use them at my home and it works great.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...h+gain+antenna

Tips to help improve wireless network.
How to improve your wireless network and boost its signal

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203432-how-do-i-extend-my-laptops-wifi-internet-my-iphone.html
Relevancy 78.26%

i have posted this but no one has even viewed it as the title wasn't very good.

Anyway, i have 2 wifi routers, one in the lounge that is on internet, one in my room that is not.

i want them both to be able to supply internet.

the one in my room will just be used to ethernet internet into my PS3.

alternative is that i use the wifi on my laptop then ethernet my laptop to PS3, is this possible?

Relevancy 78.26%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi FASTER Bridge ethernet-->wifi using vs - MUCH Wifi with Bridge router there If you've a spare Wifi vs ethernet-->wifi Bridge using router - MUCH FASTER with Bridge old router which you can set up as a wifi bridge and connect a bit of LAN cable from Laptop into the Bridge router you'll generally get FAR better performance from even a cheap router Logic behind this is that most Wifi adapters are half duplex whereas a router is full duplex and throughput will be significantly better Another advantage is that you can still use GHZ band even if your PC or whatever only can handle GHZ wifi If your router doesn't have bridging facilities you can often do it by a firmware upgrade --for most routers try this www dd-wrt com Unleash Your Router Note --this is the Bridging router --not your main one that you use to connect to your ISP with --don't want to cause people to have inoperable boxes I've found using a Router as a bridge far better than having to have loads of LAN cable all round the house --and also antennae in wifi routers are hugely better than most built in Wifi cards so you can in a lot of cases avoid extra slowdown caused by wifi extenders In my quot man shed quot -- a good metres from the main house - could just about get Mib s on a very poor GHZ wifi signal from the wifi card Laptop now acceptable - still with GHZ wifi but using quot Bridged quot method with an old EDIMAX wifi port router Around Mib s still a lot slower by about X - I'm getting nearly Gb s download in main house on GHZ wifi --ISL has excellent Internet than in the main house but perfectly OK for streaming Football etc when friends are around and we're all drinking Beer etc -- no complaints from quot the Other quot about noise cheers of quot Goooooal quot clearing up etc etc Good even for a SLOW Ping -- remember I'm over metres away from my House and on GHZ Wifi -- GHZ not receivable at that distance added -- even if your PC laptop doesn't have a LAN connector it's still worthwhile doing this with a USB-- gt Lan adapter -- even a USB -- gt LAN works really well -- USB speed will easily handle Mib s and adapter can cost as little as EUR - those cheap Chinese unbranded ones work fine too I've had simultaneous connections through that Bridge router this way -- guys had laptops with no LAN cards - they used the adapters --all very happy USB quot -- gt LAN adapter-- gt Lan cable-- gt Port on Bridge router Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67451-wifi-vs-ethernet-wifi-bridge-using-router-much-faster-bridge.html
Relevancy 75.25%

How would one set up a home wifi network with a non-wifi router? I have a router for my voip phone but it is not wireless. Do I just add a wireless card to my main PC?

I do not want to remove my current router. None of the wifi routers I have looked at have VOIP ports on the back.

Will adding a wifi PCI card do the trick? Most of the wifi cards show them in use with a wifi router.

A:wifi with non-wifi router

what about a wifi access point that plugs into an ethernet port on your existing router?

you can use a wifi card to do the same, but its a bit fiddly..

by the way, is it just to network pc's only?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-with-non-wifi-router.51270/
Relevancy 74.82%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 73.96%

I just changed apartments and got a new internet connection through Comcast. When I hook up my cisco linksys wireless router, all the green lights are flashing, but my computer does not recognize the wireless router. When I hook my computer up by cable to the wireless router, I get internet. Same computer, same wireless router as old apartment. Please help - I'm getting pretty desperate and comcast / cisco are no help whatsoever. Thanks!

Relevancy 73.96%

Based on an article on the 'Lifehacker' website I noticed an article on how to use an old router as a repeater I was looking at eBay and noticed something a vs Using Wireless-N repeater an router old WiFi as Repeater turning called quot Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Router Signal Range Extender Amplifier Mbps quot which appears Using a Wireless-N WiFi Repeater vs turning an old router as repeater very small and is just inserted in your USB port of your laptop This begged the question At US with shipping included perhaps it is better to buy this as opposed to converting my old ''D-link Using a Wireless-N WiFi Repeater vs turning an old router as repeater DIR- quot in a repeater especially if doing so is a real hassle Hence trusting you guys here I thought I'd ask you if you think there are advantages and disadvantages with one or the other For ex a disdvantage to using my old router as a repeater is that it's not portable an advantage sort of is it's free the eBay one at this price range seems to have different models of brands unknown to me--China - - VOnets and - - LB-Liink seems to be imitating the 'D-Link' logo This nd seems to come in slightly different definitions 'USB Wifi Router AP Wireless N repeater Adapter WLAN Range Extender F' or 'USB Wireless WLAN WiFi Router AP Client Repeater Adapter SY' You opinion is valued Thanks -

A:Using a Wireless-N WiFi Repeater vs turning an old router as repeater

Wow 129 people viewed this but no one had an answer. Could this mean other people are possibly interested by having the same question; thus they too are looking for an answer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350001-using-wireless-n-wifi-repeater-vs-turning-old-router-repeater.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My PC is set up to use LAN as 1st priority, and WAN as secondary. I'm using an Ethernet connection, but I see the WiFi still shows "connected" to my wireless router.

I'm considering ChromeCast to stream website video from my PC to TV.

My question is this: Will the WiFi still work and send signal for ChromeCast, even if I have my LAN cable connected, or must I switch the PC's connection priority from LAN to WAN?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1.

PS: Any additional comments about using ChromeCast would be appreciated. So many conflicting reviews...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400172-can-i-still-use-wifi-while-connected-lan.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My PC is set up to use LAN as 1st priority, and WAN as secondary. I'm using an Ethernet connection, but I see the WiFi still shows "connected" to my wireless router.

I'm considering ChromeCast to stream website video from my PC to TV.

My question is this: Will the WiFi still work and send signal for ChromeCast, even if I have my LAN cable connected, or must I switch the PC's connection priority from LAN to WAN?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1.

PS: Any additional comments about using ChromeCast would be appreciated. So many conflicting reviews...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400172-can-i-still-use-wifi-while-connected-lan.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Since I've had my laptop the wifi has been fine but thus morning the laptop would not recognise my broadband (BT hub ) . It would not even list it on connections . The wifi worked fine in my phone and iPad . I then tried using a portable hotspot so that my computer could use the internet, however my laptop still didn't see any wifi connections at all . I'm certain both my wifi and hotspot are not faulty. How can I reconnect to my wifi as I need it back as soon as possible?

A:Wifi not connected

Hi, how do you do my friend ? Please, firstly update all drivers, bios and firmware with hp support assistant:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html#.V7xlAjb6uM8  I hope that helps !I would give a great kindness ...If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.Have a nice week !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-connected/td-p/5736411
Relevancy 73.1%

Okay so I hope I am posting this its connected... says Wifi in the right place Recently we got a new dsl modem wireless router combo from Verizon an Actiontec GT WG All other devices in my house have switched over just fine and work without issues another laptop desktop game consoles ipad cell phones etc except my laptop It connects to the wireless network no problem but randomly it will stop loading pages It says it is still connected with full bars with local and internet access but web pages will just quot load forever quot without ever changing Sometimes I ll get Wifi says its connected... a message saying the server timed out The only way to fix this is to reset my wireless network adapter which is a temporary fix I already made sure that my wireless card drivers were up to date and tried to power cycle the router but this hasn t worked I m fresh out of ideas now and this is super frustrating Asus G vt with Vista home bit Thanks

A:Wifi says its connected...

Recently we got a new dsl modem/wireless router combo from Verizon, an Actiontec GT704WG.Hi -Have you contacted Verison yet ? What was their answer to this situation ?If they supply the setup, they will offer some support for this -Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455170/wifi-says-its-connected/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Hcl notebook, its model is cdp T21. I have enabled and updated the wifi adaptor i.e., Atheros wifi adaptor, but I cannot connect wifi to my laptop. For what reason I cannot connect.

A:Wifi is not connected

Welcome to Seven Forums!

A couple quick things:
Does it work if you connect straight to your modem/router?
Can you make sure your FN + Wifi button is pressed?

Other than that, please post the information located in this thread: Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315604-wifi-not-connected.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My laptop is not connecting to a broadband or a home wifiwifi and my mobile and other devices are connected from this wifi and when i turn on my mobile hotspot then it will easily connected to this. What should i do to connect my laptop from this hidden network.Piyush

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-wifi/td-p/5641548
Relevancy 72.67%

I currently have a TP-Link WR do add range? How I router wireless to my extend my another home to network N as my main wireless router connects from the cable to modem to TP-Link I get pretty good range with the TP-Link but the wireless signal doesn How do I add another router to my home network to extend my wireless range? t cover my garage area I was thinking about running a network cable to my garage and hooking up my Linksys WRT G wireless router so that the wireless signal covers that area What do I need to do to set this up Is it as easy as just plugging in my Linksys router to a network cable and then just being able to connect a laptop wirelessly It would be great if I could just walk outside and as I moved toward the garage the laptop would just pick up the new routers wireless signal But if that isn t possible or requires to much then I would be ok with having to just switch and reconnect to the Linksys router everytime I went to the garage Thanks for all your help nbsp

A:How do I add another router to my home network to extend my wireless range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-add-another-router-to-my-home-network-to-extend-my-wireless-range.999638/
Relevancy 72.67%

A client of mine has a very large house and wants to extend the range of his wireless signal. He is able to get signal everywhere except the kitchen.

Which range extender or access point is the best one to pair up with 2Wire's modem/wireless router?

If there is not a reliable one, then I could just use Linksys products.

I could hook up a WRT54G to the 2wire and have that be a hard connection, and then get a WAP54G to act as a repeater. Or, should I get two WAP54G's and not get the WRT54G and set it up the same way I just described? And would I set up the 2Wire as a bridge? Is that possible? Links as to how?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-way-to-extend-the-range-of-a-2wire-modem-wireless-router-from-sbc.666422/
Relevancy 72.67%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 72.24%

When i was using windows 8.1 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But when i updated to windows 10, I started to experience a lot of problem in wifi. Most of the times the wifi is not getting connected and even when its geting connected it takes a lot of time to load. I have tried connecting my PC with various wifi's, but still am experiencing the same problem. I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.I don't think this is because of the adapter. What should i do? Help me with a solution. Thank you

A:Wifi is not getting connected properly!!

Hi, Please use following instructions to get wireless hardware id's then post back:   http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-getting-connected-properly/td-p/5642807
Relevancy 72.24%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp not Both and Ethernet Wifi connected yellow star on Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Control Panel Networking showing everything working properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a dell 32-bit running Insider Preview and nothing else.
I have an Acer 64-bit running Win 10 Home RTM and nothing else.

In my Dell, I was not able to connect Wifi after installing 14279.
Suggestion was to disable and then re-enable WiFi driver. That did not work. I went back to 14271.

So, I went to my Acer, enabled Get Insider Preview builds.
Today I got the update via Windows Update. After successful install and activated. WiFi was unable to connect.
Used the same suggestion, no avail.

This 14279 is the FIRST time I was unable to connect the WiFi.

It cannot be my computers, because they are of 2 different makes and models.
It cannot be my modem because I never have this problem .......... for 3 years.

The maddening part is............... I don't see any complaints from any forums on the same issue.
So, I can't blame MS either.
Damn !

A:WiFi not connected. It can't be my 2 laptops.

Do you have any device that connects correctly to the router ??

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/44286-wifi-not-connected-cant-my-2-laptops.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am far from computer savvy, but I know basic things. Here is my issue...
My HP pavillion dv6000 (yes it's old, I know) wont allow me to use the Internet. It says I am connected to my home wifi with 5 bars signal strength. My iPad and Droid both connect to my wifi and I can use the Internet fine. I actually have 2 Hp pavillion dv6000 laptops, and neither will connect to the Internet! Up until today everything worked fine and all of a sudden I can't open the intent on either one! I called Hp and they were no help. I have read other posts about people having similar problems, and tried the solutions suggested but nothing has worked! I need my laptop only because my wonderful iPad can't do everything I wish it could.

Help!? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 72.24%

In the Oct 8, 2009 issue of the Windows Secrets newsletter, Fred Langa addressed the question: Who's sneaking onto your Wi-Fi connection?
The article is in the paid edition of the newsletter, so I'm not going to repeat it. However, his advice boils down to using the web interface to check with the router.

More -
Who's connected to your WiFI network? - Computerworld Blogs

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/252106-whos-connected-your-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My product number: EOK41UA#ABAMy BIOS: F.15-11/05/2013 (0883100022305B00000320100)My network adapter is Intel and driver version is 15.10.3.2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-am-having-same-problem-with-my-wifi-Never-has-connected/td-p/5637462
Relevancy 72.24%

Recently upgraded my u530 from windows 8 to windows 10 and the internet is no longer working. i have tried everything on the windows website but i am very far anything knowledgable on computer

A:WiFi connected but no internet

Hello and Welcome to Lenovo Community.
It looks as if there are some drivers for network on the Drivers and Software page for the U530 Ideapad (Touch). If that is your model, you could try installing those to see if it helps. Make sure you get the ones for Windows 10 when you search on that page.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/WiFi-connected-but-no-internet/td-p/3330291
Relevancy 72.24%

My printer is connected by wifi, but it says it's not now. I used it yesterday and it was connected, now it says my printer is not connected to my network. I see in the control panel that it is

A:How come the computer say my wifi is not connected?

If the computer sees the printer then it is probably fine but try printing something to be sure.If you unplug the printer, wait a minute, plug it in and press the power on and give it a moment to reconnect to the router, it should be fine after that.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-come-the-computer-say-my-wifi-is-not-connected/2075.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.I reinstalled Wifi drivers.I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b7f486d-e6b3-4610-8284-60ca6768eb16/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 72.24%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp yellow star on top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to not Ethernet Wifi connected Both and a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected Control Panel Networking showing everything working Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut but Internet no connected WIFI down and been giving connectivity issues since Currently I can connect to my WIFI router gain an IP address however I am getting no internet access I have a virtual machine running on the PC with windows XP and this machine does have full internet WIFI connected but no Internet access Problems and resolutions so far Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt I reinstalled Wifi drivers I ran the sfc and chkdisk commands Check disk resolved some issues Netsh winsock reset I did a traceroute and it hit my router after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping link to SPECCY http speccy piriform com results y pd e pGJbq X I'm lost now as everything seems WIFI connected but no Internet to be up just I am unable to browse Any tips would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400309-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hi all just got a 2nd hand lappy same as my old one can connect to wifi but when i click to go on net will not have it thanks for help

A:connected to wifi but cant get on Internet

Welcome to BC benchwarmer . We need more information as to what computer model and message do you get when connecting online? Have you tried using both wired or wireless? Please run Minitoolbox from this link : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html and include List Installed Programs on your next reply. When running minitoolbox, make sure you have a status of either wired or wireless connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462138/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-on-internet/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey there This is my first post on this forum I hope that I can get some help here Anyways here is the issue that my roommates and I are experiencing with our internet Recently starting just a few weeks ago our internet began acting a bit strange for all of us We are able to constantly stay connected In our network preferences it says we are always connected to the internet with full bars For the most part we all have perfect to 24/7, wifi Connected and still out. internet in goes and fast internet connection but for some unknown reason every minutes or so sometimes shorter sometimes longer we won t be able to load anything on the internet from a range of about - minutes The strange thing is that even during these periods of time where we are unable to load anything as Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out. if we had no wifi connection all of our devices that we use the internet on said that we all still had a perfect connection Even if we are sitting right next to the router with our laptops this issue will still constantly reoccur as i described earlier What s even weirder is that sometimes things like video games on the pc that run in different clients not the internet browser will be able to maintain internet connection when playing online when the internet stops working for everything else That is definitely what confuses me the most How could a video game maintain internet connection for online play on the same wifi yet none of our other devices are able to load anything We won t even be able to use wifi on our phones during that - minute period but it still says on our phones that we are fully connected to our wifi during that time of us not being able to load anything We ve tried everything that we could think of to fix the issue but non of us are IT experts so that s why I decided to come here to ask for help We ve reset the router countless times moved the router to every other area of the house and even purchased a better router model to boost signal range by a good amount The new router got some of us faster connections but the issue still was not resolved Every minutes or so the internet still will always just stop working even though it says on all of our devices that we are maintaining a strong internet wifi connection I m just at a loss of ideas on what to do We called Comcast our internet provider and they said they ll have one of their people come and check it out but they can t come down until Friday I haven t always had the best results with Comcast employees either Is there any way that we could somehow fix this issue It s just the most frustrating thing and all of us are college students who are constantly using the internet for academics Please if there is any help or advice for us we d appreciate it so much Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out.

Try assigning a free public DNS server on the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-24-7-internet-still-goes-in-and-out.1119204/
Relevancy 72.24%

a couple of days ago, wifi stopped working. this was right after it showed a sudden boost in connection quality (from average to good). i didnt change anything, it just stopped suddenly. but on the device wifi is shown as connected, and good connection quality, but internet is not working though. sometimes it works after reconnecting, but only shortly, 1-30 min.

what i already tried:
* changing channels, every channel on 2,4 ghz
* using 5ghz instead of 2,4ghz
* using wifi on other devices
* i checked with neighbours for interfering cables or devices but they didnt have any new equipment
* reconnecting power cable from modem
* there are no interrupting devices nearby like babyfoons
* using wifi very close to modem

Relevancy 72.24%

Can't get laptop to connect. I have a LINKSYS WIRELESS G ROUTER. I have a laptop with LINKSYS adapter card. Can't connect to internet, keep geting message..
YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE ACESS POINT, BUT THE INTERNET CANNOT BE FOUND. I nosed around and discovered in the settings that it keeps saying..CANNOT OBTAIN IP ADDRESS, etc. and the boxes under TCP/IP CONFIG are empty?? Anyone care to take this one on?

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I
have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.
I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.
I reinstalled Wifi drivers.
I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.
I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a65b07b-a072-47cd-bf10-416200f92809/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 72.24%

I ve got a bit of a puzzler on my hands I m helping a friend recover from years of neglect on a Toshiba Satellite with a Linksys WPC GS PCMCIA wireless card via but Connected not connecting wifi Even after a repair install of Windows XP Home SP and resetting the Connected via wifi but not connecting winsock entries and the TCP IP stack I can t get onto the internet I ve disabled the firewall but still no luck The funny thing is that when I hooked up the system via ethernet there was no problem after I reset winsock and the TCP IP stack Any help would be deeply appreciated And the more detailed instructions the better As follows is the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings MELODY gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PRIBESH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC GS V Physical Address - -BF-D - - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - E- -DB Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings MELODY gt I also noted the following when I tried to run a diagnostic lt selected entries gt Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC GS V MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Intel R PRO VE Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Network connection Name Dial-up Connection Device TOSHIBA Software Modem MediaType PHONE SubMediaType NONE info Network connection Name Broadband Connection Device WAN Miniport PPPOE MediaType PPPOE SubMediaType NONE info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available prompting user for selection action User input required Select network connection info Wireless connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

I have Dell Vostro I m in Windows Just last month I m experiencing short internet connections about to minutes everytime I turn on or restart it Afterwards it won t connect anymore I went to SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING it wen t fine the connection is fine I browsed fine But after two weeks it stucked similarly to normal mode where everything wont update connect or browse even internet icon shows connected Help me I m using my cannot softwares WiFi all connected but friend s laptop for repairing purposes only I used to follow forum s advice restarting WiFi connected but all softwares cannot drivers using CMD ipconfig flush dns and similar etc My chrome says DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN my IExplorer won t connect my firefox won t connect All softwares won t connect This is my ipconfig all results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - E- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ad b b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday September PM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - - -BA DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CA D E-E - E - - D F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DD F A- CA- F- - A E D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A D F-E DF- E D-B - AF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:WiFi connected but all softwares cannot

Open Network and Sharing Center.
Click "Change Adapter Settings".
Find Network Connection that is used to connect to internet (either "Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Connection"), right-click on it and click Properties.
Now in new windows select "Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click Properties button.
In the new window click the checkbox for "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
Type in 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Click Ok and close the rest of the windows.&#65279;

Let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connected-but-all-softwares-cannot.1132817/
Relevancy 72.24%

My wifi is connected, but when I open any browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer) It loads and then says I have no internet connection. I've tried troubleshooting, but it tells me everything is fine. The Wifi on our other laptop works fine or for my phone; basically any other device works perfectly fine, except my laptop. I've tried using CMD, going back on my Restore Point and nothing has worked, and if it does it's only for 3-5 minutes, and it gives me the same error that I have no internet connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need my laptop for work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-Wifi-but-no-internet/td-p/5672747
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a toshiba laptop that has a toshiba mini pci wifi adapter (internal) and it seems to be able to see the networks available but it can't connect to any with wep keys and when it connects to open networks it says connected and it gives the laptop an ip but I can't browse the net nor can I ping anything. Any ideas?

Relevancy 72.24%

on a dell studio with vista
Wifi signal strength is excellent
Internet explorer can't connect
I run the diagnostic option but don't understand the results

A:Connected to wifi but can't get to Internet

I'll try to help - please post the results here, cut & paste or a screen print, if not briefly what's it saying.

Vista up to date?

Is your internet cable or other, if so what and what speed if you know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569369/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-to-internet/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with OS Windows 7, wireless router.
It recently started losing internet connection , few seconds on, then off for 30 seconds or more. Rebooting router did not help.
I restored laptop to a prior date and it seems ok now. Any thoughts if this happens again? Thanks

A:Can't stay connected to wifi

theres quite a lot of things that may have caused the issue , and so its difficult to give a guide here.

it may have been a windows update that caused an issue and the restore has resolved and it will work fine from now on.

if it happens again , then the first think to do , would be to start a new post and detail as much information as possible

make and model of the PC
windows version
are other pcs able to connect to the wireless
and then an ipconfig /all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-stay-connected-to-wifi.1122918/
Relevancy 72.24%

For the last two months my wifi has been dropping randomly and picking back up after a few minutes I use laptop kindle fire ps blu ray player on router conflicting IPs Three days ago I reset my Linksys WRT N router and now cannot get any wifi connection at all only through ethernet no connected,but internet Wifi says connected directly into laptop I ve signed Wifi says connected,but no internet into Lynksys set up page created a domain name Host name and a passphrase I now see newly created network i enter passphrase and says connected but i cannot access the internet I have tried ip release and renew Wifi says connected,but no internet to no avail Also tried running as admin on command prompt and flushing and netsh reset winsock Ip config says media disconnected tunnel adapter local area connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ambie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ambie -pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ANM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca aa ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Wednesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c df d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description isatap ANM Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C EACDA- - E A-AE F- CFF B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e f febf Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f febf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users ambie gt nbsp

A:Wifi says connected,but no internet

after a reset the default for the router would be 192.168.1.1
BUT
you are showing a default gateway connection on your ethernet of 192.168.1.254

Also the wireless adapter is a Atheros AR5007 and under vista , any change in routers or router settings can cause issues

can you explain what you are connected to using the ethernet cable ?

and you should update the wireless driver from the manufacturers website - if that does not work - then from Atheros site

whats the make and model of the PC ?

AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007 Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
> Have Disk
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the zip folder and highlight the .inf file
you should see two files with .inf
Vista 32Bit AR5007 netathv.inf
Vista 64Bit AR5007 netathvx.inf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-says-connected-but-no-internet.1143757/
Relevancy 72.24%

cable internet works fine, but wifi suddenly stopped working. this was right after it showed a sudden boost in connection quality (from average to good). i didnt change anything, it just stopped suddenly. but on the mobile devices (android) wifi is shown as connected, and good connection quality, but there is no connection. sometimes it works after reconnecting, but only shortly, 1-30 min. neighbours use the same isp but they have no problems.
this is the modem: Ubee EVW320b Wi-Fi modem

what i already tried but didnt fix it:
* changing channels, every channel on 2,4 ghz
* using 5ghz instead of 2,4ghz
* using wifi on other devices (android mobiles)
* i checked with neighbours for interfering cables or devices but they didnt have any new equipment
* reconnecting power cable from modem
* there are no interrupting devices nearby like babyfoons
* using wifi very close to modem, no difference

Relevancy 72.24%

This is an ongoing problem that while frustrating usually resolves itself after a bit No so today My laptop connects to our wifi network just fine but when I open google chrome or any other browser it gets stuck Connecting On the bottom of the screen it says Downloading proxy script I can leave it indefinitely and this doesn t change Using ping commands to open a webpage doesn t work Usually restarting the laptop but Connected wifi online to get can't works not usually on the first go but eventually Often the computer takes an exceptionally long time to shut down when this happens The odd time restarting doesn t work but for some reason running Rkill does According to the report there s Connected to wifi but can't get online no malware issues the only thing it really says is Windows Defender Disabled Today nothing is working A few other devices in the house are connected to the same wifi and running fine I frequently use this laptop with a wifi network elsewhere and don t encounter this problem there This may well be a problem that is well beyond my puny computing ability but any suggestions would be very welcome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-online.1124962/