Windows Support Forum

XP, Welcome screen missing, cannot logon

Q: XP, Welcome screen missing, cannot logon

When i boot up the system hangs at the blue windows xp screen, the 'Windows is starting' is missing and it goes no further, the logon screen does not appear so i can't get in. I have recovery console on and i can get into the drive by booting in from another drive/operating system. how can i rectify the problem?

Steve.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: XP, Welcome screen missing, cannot logon

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: XP, Welcome screen missing, cannot logon

have you tried firing up your syystem and hitting F8 on your keyboard to get into "safe mode " ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-welcome-screen-missing-cannot-logon.368983/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

I somehow lost my logon screen prompt. I have more than one user on my home PC and want to prevent other users accessing my account, but when I boot up I log straight on without having to enter the administrator password. I get prompted for a password only when logging on and off between users. Can someone suggest how to fix this please.

Thanks

A:Logon prompt screen missing

Run a search for

logonui.exe

If you don't have that on yourcomputer anymore, that's the problem. Just download a fresh copy by searching www.ask.co.uk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-prompt-screen-missing-9925.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have a problem - there are no user icons on my quot interactive logon screen quot - only the quot Turn off Pete's Laptop quot button down at the bottom left I normally all logon icons at Missing screen! user use the XP-click-on-your-username-next-to-the-sunflower-or-snowboarder logon screen Pressing ctrl-alt-del Missing all user icons at logon screen! does not bring up a logon dialogue box - at my logon screen I usually just click on one of my user profiles I didn't do anything out of the ordinary on my computer before shutting down last night and I have antivirus malware software running always and nothing showed up prior to logging off - in fact nothing has shown up for ages Now I can't get into my computer at all even using different safe modes - there are just no users shown I've searched for quot fixes quot on MS-KB but can't find anything that resembles this problem Sorry to be really thick but can someone help me please My OS is XP SP I have user accounts that usually show up - one is quot Pete quot my usual one a limited account and the other is quot System Protection quot admin account that I only use to install programmes and make system changes - I was using Pete last night Guest and admin accounts do not usually show up as options to click on - never enabled them My laptop came with a recovery section loaded onto a hidden and hopefully protected partition on the HD - unfortunately I don't know how to access this if I can't get into the comp When I first loaded Windows I remember being prompted to make a Vaio recovery disk actually there were and it took a while - but I'm also unsure how to make them work Thanks in advance for people's input if there is any Pete

A:Missing all user icons at logon screen!

The recovery partition is usually booted if you press one of the F keys during startup and to make the recovery disks work you have to start the computer up with the first one you made in the Cd drive. (So that it will boot from the CD)

Also I don't know why you would have 2 Accounts unless you have a 5 year old that gets on the computer too. I would just have one account that is admin but thats just me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-all-user-icons-at-logon-screen-152627.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have a problem - there are no user icons on my quot interactive logon screen quot - only the quot Turn off Pete s Laptop quot button down at the bottom left I normally use the Missing all screen! at user icons logon XP-click-on-your-username-next-to-the-sunflower-or-snowboarder logon screen Pressing ctrl-alt-del does not bring up a logon dialogue box - at my logon screen I usually just click on one of my user profiles I didn t do anything out of the ordinary on my computer before shutting down last night and I have antivirus malware software running always and nothing showed up prior to Missing all user icons at logon screen! logging off - in fact nothing has shown up for ages Now I can t get into my computer at all even using different safe modes - there are just no users shown I ve searched for quot fixes quot on MS-KB but can t find anything that resembles this problem except for an old post on this forum here And what folk were saying to do on that thread was a little above my head Sorry to be really thick but can someone help me please My OS is XP SP I have user accounts that usually show up - one is quot Pete quot my usual one a limited account and the other is quot System Protection quot admin account that I only use to install programmes and make system changes - habit of mine left over from Linux days - I was using Pete last night Guest and admin accounts do not usually show up as options to click on - never enabled them My laptop came with a recovery section loaded onto a hidden and hopefully protected partition on the HD - unfortunately I don t know how to access this if I can t get into the comp When I first loaded Windows I remember being prompted to make a Vaio recovery disk actually there were and it took a while - but I m also unsure how to make them work and also on the original post about this people suggested I may just end up with the same problem although please correct me if I ve misinterpreted this Thanks in advance for people s input if there is any Pete If we knew what we were doing it wouldn t be called research would it Albert Einstein nbsp

A:Missing all user icons at logon screen!

Sony VAIO. Typical problem. You need to call their tech support if still under warranty. If out of warranty, reinstall the 8 disc recovery set.
It may be a spyware, trojan, or virus problem, but that is not helpful if you cannot boot up to fix it.
The Sony VAIO does not allow a Windows XP repair... only recovery or restore of the original install set... so you may be forced to reformat and reinstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-all-user-icons-at-logon-screen.75914/
Relevancy 61.49%

Okay so I followed this tutorial: Change Windows 7 Logon/Logoff Screensaver! and I know this ia a common problem but anyways I receive an error that Direct 3D 9.0 is missing. Keep in mind this is for the windows 7 logon screen... How do I enable this so I can have my own custom screensavers at the logon screen???

Also I have gotten the logon.scr file but I don't want to use that screensaver at the logon screen...

A:Direct 3D 9.0 is missing on Windows 7 logon screen... how to enable?

Bump... I still need help with this problem please...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/304700-direct-3d-9-0-missing-windows-7-logon-screen-how-enable.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I came across this issue this morning on my home PC. I have a Windows 7 64-bit PC with three profiles, my wife's, mine, and my daughter's. Previously when someone tried to log in all three profiles would be displayed so each profile could be selected. However this morning instead of seeing the three profiles I see two options: the active profile and a button that says other users. I select other users and I can log on to any profile so nothing appears to be missing. If I power the system down, when it comes back up I see the last profile logged on and the other users option. If someone could give me an idea as to why this occurred and how to fix it I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

A:User login profiles missing from screen, but still able to logon

Hello JC, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224959-user-login-profiles-missing-screen-but-still-able-logon.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all

I am having problems logging into a windows XP home SP3 pc

There is a lot of history to this problem which I wont go into unless asked

The current situation is that XP is booting to what looks like the normal log on screen.

I have the dark blue bars top and bottom (bottom bar no shutdown icon or usual text)

Centre light blue section with no centre bar or user icons, then only thing on this area is the text "Windows XP" with the window symbol above

The ctrl+alt+del twice don't work but alt+tab revels a windows log on screen with two text boxes (this is not like the NT log on screen)

As soon as I let go of the alt key the screen pops to the back and is obscured again

Any ideas what I can do to fix this
Ibod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-startup-problem-user-icons-missing-from-logon-screen.1044916/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone I am so glad to have found this forum and to see that others in the past with similar problems have had them resolved looking forward to nutting this one out ISSUE The computer is a win XP with RAID that freezes the mouse and the keyboard if a mouse or keyboard button is touched at the logon screen The mouse works fine until a button is pressed screen freeze with KB logon, Unable at RAID, XP to & mouse logon Win you can even click on a user but are unable Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen to Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen enter a password due to the keyboard and mouse freezing at Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen this moment NOTE originally happened with a USB keyboard and USB mouse using PS keyboard and mouse BACKGROUND I am writing about my fathers old computer which suddenly started freezing up at the logon screen after he wasted weeks trying to get it to work he decided that it was a hardware issue and bought himself a new computer Since then I have proved that there was no hardware error by putting an extra HDD in and installing Ubuntu LTS Everything functions fine under Ubuntu and the files are able to be accessed on the RAID DESIRED OUTCOME While i can access and copy files as needed from the RAID i would like to return access to the win XP install and let my father use it again STEPS TAKEN SO FAR I first attempted to run Live rescue CD's but they could not find the RAID drive - Bit Defender Rescue CD Saw the ubuntu drive no RAID - Kaspersky Rescue Disk Didn't see any HDD's So I ran the following AV programs from ubuntu LTS - Bit Defender NO THREATS FOUND - ClamAV THREATS detected all quarantined Documents and Settings USER Local Settings Temp -RR-Market Bulletin-LJR pdf Heuristics Encrypted PDF Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender installer psstatemgr dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM ReaderUpdater exe Win Worm Agent- Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Firewall bdftdif sys Win Trojan Carberp- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C gzflt sys Win Trojan Delf- Program Files Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox crashreporter exe Win Trojan Shell- Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwtutor exe Win Worm Runouce- Program Files QuickTime QTSystem QuickTimeUpdateHelper exe Win Worm Chir- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender gamemodeal dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files Microsoft Office Office excelcnv exe W Virut Gen D- RECYCLER NPROTECT EXE Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i extrac exe Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall mspaint exe Win Trojan Resur- WINDOWS Installer b d msp W Virut Gen D- WINXP PRO CD I ICWTUTOR EX Win Worm Runouce- WINXP PRO CD I MSPAINT EX Win Trojan Resur- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender avckf sys Win Trojan Cossta- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender proxymgrui dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- I then attempted to logon to win XP with the same result of KB amp mouse freezing at logon screen after a button press I then ran - ESET NOD Antivirus NO THREATS FOUND

A:Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen

So you are able to run the machine  using PS2 keyboard and mouse.

Step 1: 

Download and install LogonFix

Click the Highlighted button.

When prompted select yes.
Allow the program to reboot your machine as well when prompted.

Step 2:

Download drivecleanup.zip to your desktop.
CLICK HERE to determine whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows.
Once the determination has been made open either the 32-bit or 64-bit folder.
Right Click the .exe on the inside of the folder and run as admin.
A command prompt window will open telling you what has been removed upon completion.
Note: All usb devices must be removed from your machine during this step, except your keyboard and mouse of course. 

Step 3:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.
Close any open windows
Double click the TFC icon to run the program. (Vista/7/8 Users, Right Click and select Run as Admin)
TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run
Click the Start button to begin the process
Allow TFC to run uninterrupted
Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine, if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541306/unable-to-logon-win-xp-with-raid-kb-mouse-freeze-at-logon-screen/
Relevancy 53.75%

Vanilla Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running Windows Vista. It has never had a login account or password protection, and is only used in single user mode.

Yesterday, start-ups fine, no password. Today, I'm presented with the user logon widow prompting me for a password, and cannot logon to Vista!

No-one has meddled with the laptop. Don't know if SP1 was automatically downloaded
and installed - whatever the factory defaults were from Dell. I've not seen any references to this kind of issue on Vista, but have heard about a similar thing with NT.

Any suggestions how this could have happened?

Yes - I know I can reset passwords using the NT Password Editor (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/).

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,

I have a windows 7 pc in a "domain", so when you get to the initial windows 7 welcome screen (prior to logging in as a user), you get a blank transparent Picture

A:How to change Logon screen Picture frame (before logon)

Its ok, managed to get it working, seemed to work when i did it again, strange. No blank picture frame now, just a customised "picture frame" that appears prior to logon, just what I was after. Hope this helps anyone else trying to achieve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/60474-how-change-logon-screen-picture-frame-before-logon.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the logon picture.

or make the picture smaller.

it ruins my logon wallpaper
let me know!

A:Logon screen, change/remove logon picture

There are some links in this thread which may be of help - Remove the Login Screen Icon

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/178976-logon-screen-change-remove-logon-picture.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Trying to fix my friend's laptop. She claims she was watching a youtube video and all of th sudden the computer started acting up and so she rebooted the computer and now it won't boot past the xp logon scren. Comes up with the error: "data execution prevention; userini logon application" with the only option of close message. windows does not contiue to boot and just sits there. I have tried to boot into safe mode but it only gives the option of booting into normal xp media center. tried last known good config and same results. any ideas?

acer aspire 3050-1594
AMD Sempron 3400+
xp media center

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-boot-past-logon-screen-userinit-logon-application-error.803000/
Relevancy 50.74%

When i boot up the system hangs at the blue 'Windows xp' screen, the 'Windows is starting' is missing and it goes no further, the logon screen does not appear so i can't get in. I have recovery console on and i can get into the drive by booting in from another drive/operating system. how can i rectify the problem?
This happens in safe mode as well, can anyone suggest how to recover from this.

Steve

A:XP Does not get to Welcome logon screen, unable to logon

if you have a windows xp cdrom the easy way around this is with a repair install of windows xp http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/software/windows/xp/Repair.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-does-not-get-to-welcome-logon-screen-unable-to-logon.369294/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was changing the permissions to one of the user accounts on my laptop, but now that account has disappeared from the welcome screen, although you can log onto the account if u change to the standard windows logon.
However It does not appear in the user accounts in control panel, i have even tried using the run command "control userpasswords2" to access it but it is not listed there as a valid account either, however if i try to recreate the account i get an error msg saying it already exists, i cannot even find a way of deleting the account...HELP!!!!please ( i have windows xp home edition)

A:xp logon missing

If you disabled the account it will not show up in the Normal Users Accounts or UserPasswords2. From Userpasswords2 click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Advanced button. Then open up the users folder.

Were you screwing around in the Registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logon-missing.255739/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 47.73%

W- with SP Have User accounts one missing for Admin Logon as quot pat Admin quot the other as quot alex Admin Password protected quot Whether booting Restart Switch User Log off the quot alex Administrator Password Protected quot does not appear anywhere except in quot User Accounts Manage another account quot from the CP It boots directly to quot pat quot Switch User quot just opens back to quot pat quot same with Log off PC had been infected with mucho Adware and was cleaned with this problem resulting System Restore had no affect it rebooted to quot pat quot with no User option Safe Mode has no affect quot alex quot in quot Manage Accounts quot quot Make changes to alex's account quot has the options available quot netplwiz quot quot Users quot has quot alez quot and quot pat quot quot pat quot is accessable to add a password quot alex quot is not Logon missing for Admin clickable I can access all of Alex core folders in quot C Users alex quot Help appreciated Pete

A:Logon missing for Admin

In netplwiz / Users, is Alex still an admin? If not, can you click on Alex or click Properties and go to Group Membership and make him so? Then reboot.

Otherwise, I would assume corruption of the account, and would rescue data, delete the account and make a new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363932-logon-missing-admin.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have Win XP Professoinal on an OEM installed Dell Dimension C My user logon seems to be missing Recently I installed some antivirus software that comes with my ATT DSL account An error encountered during the install prompted me to make a registry change that involved something like changing the parent permissions - I recall two check boxes beneath the user accounts Regardless I backed up the registry prior to making the change After I edited the registry I noticed two things XP Missing in User Logon The only user account that was listed in the Registry editor which was quot Guest quot was gone The drives were missing on quot My computer quot and there was just a box that had a -z Now when I restart the computer my user account and icon is Missing User Logon in XP missing and there is Missing User Logon in XP a blue screen with a windows xp icon to the right of center and it hangs I cannot start in safe mode I get the same screen as above I was able to start receovery console after I used NT Offline Password and Registry Editor to quot unenforce quot the administrator password login since it wouldn t take a blank password or my usual password My question is - can I recover I do have a registry backup and I have all of my data backed up I m just trying to avoid reinstalling programs I am aware of repair installs Just wondering if there is a better option Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I right click on the .exe file in the file manager and select Pin to Start Menu. The Tile appears and works. However, the next time I log on that tile has disappeared. Any ideas on what's happening?

A:Tile missing on every logon

What is the executable you are trying to pin?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/28401-tile-missing-every-logon.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys, i use a sony vaio laptop, model VGN-NR11S/S, with windows vista home premium installed. I noticed that when booting with a CD in it, it stops at the loading bar screen (black screen) and does not continue booting except i remove the CD.

The problem now is that it does not boot beyond the loading bar screen anymore with or without a CD in the system. I cant use the system again, i need suggestions to get the system functioning. Thanks.

A:windows vista not booting to logon screen, stops at loading bar screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-booting-to-logon-screen-stops-at-loading-bar-screen.868579/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a bit of an odd one to me I ve worked to unable on missing XP / log Windows Logon on this computer before- and to give you an idea as to why I don t want to reimage it it is the laptop of a coworker s son who was killed in action- his mother has had me repair it a Windows XP missing Logon / unable to log on few times when it had Windows XP missing Logon / unable to log on problems She gave it to me a few months ago when the logon screen stopped coming up This is an Acer Aspire- so you see the windows quot Starting Windows XP quot screen and then it rolls over to the acer Aspire background screen The mouse icon appears And then it sits there forever alt-control-delete doesn t work I have replaced the kernel and logonui from i - didn t work I have scandisk spinrite virus scanned the disk- found some problems fixed them didn t work I have rebuilt the windows install- didn t work I ve used UBCD to check out the registry and disk and I can gain access to everything just fine- I just can t get it to get to the logon screen to actually allow you onto the system I ve made a couple of backups of the data to be sure it s safe Suggestions very much welcome

A:Windows XP missing Logon / unable to log on

<<I have rebuilt the windows install- didn't work.>>It helps if we know exactly what you did and did not do.Whatever "rebuilding the windows install" might be...it's not necessarily an effective solution for every computer situation. In fact, it's quite ineffective when confronted with hardware and malware situations.Did you run the correct respective hard drive diagnostic, downloadable from the hard drive manufacturer's website?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318065/windows-xp-missing-logon-unable-to-log-on/
Relevancy 47.3%

Have a Gateway Desktop. Upgraded from 8 to 8.1.
Somehow I disabled the disabled Password Logon and its back asking for a password at boot.
Owner doesn't remember original password when setup.
I have a password blanking cd that I've used on both 8 and 8.1 pc's.
The problem is I can't boot from the CD and I can't, obviously, use that wonderful new setting, "Update", "Update and Recovery" and the option to boot with USB, CD etc. since I can't access the OS.
I have the BIOS set for the CD/DVD drive for first boot however boot options only show the "UEFI: ST....." drive.
So I can't boot from within or without.

Pete

A:Can't boot from CD (w-8.1) Missing Logon password

Never mind.
Found the CSM to boot into Legacy boot and was able to see the boot order.
Thanks to those who thought of me before answering.
Pete

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/36507-cant-boot-cd-w-8-1-missing-logon-password.html
Relevancy 46.87%

A BSoD issue PIII Intel motherboard PC with Win XP SP I had previously installed Vista Pack thus replacing the Logon UI interface other start menu etc However that was removed half a yr corrupt? LOGonUI.exe Screen as appears Blue as Logon soon screen back It didn't quite uninstall Logon Ui However that did not pose any problem as the XP without traces of Vista Pack continue to Boot up although Logon screen splashed Vista type Logon Ui That was to prepare you for history of this XP installation LOGonUI.exe corrupt? Blue screen as soon as Logon Screen appears then few days back I used a exhaustive program called TuneUp utilities for XP edition Somehow I got hooked into changing Display setting etc No probs However on few tries of changes I happened to remember I clicked on the Configuration option of 'Switch to Default Windows XP Logon UI' or something that prompted that TuneUp wants to bypass the VistaLOGON Ui After that setup change the XP goes to boot process On appearance of Logon screen which somehow it still props up old Vista Ui logon a BOSD appears STO P error quot Your system has been shutdown to prevent damage to registry quot I tried all options in Safe Mode F button I also used the quot Don't shutdown on bluescreen option quot That's how I managed to note down the Registry thing It also prompts me to disable 'Shadowing' option of RAM in BIOS Although I doubt cause the XP was working fine without any bios change I do not hv any backup disk or a bootable XP disk Though I am having a Win partition and can boot to it's DOS prompt wherein all logical drives are visible the data is safe My specific query Without any XP cd if from a DOS prompt what is the way to restore the LOGONUi exe I have downloaded XP's original LogonUI exe from internet I can coonect a floopy drive and copy it to th e systmem partition Will replacing the LogonUI exe prevent BOSd like mentioned above ANyhting else Thanks in advance for your replies and patience in reading with kind regards Subhash

A:LOGonUI.exe corrupt? Blue screen as soon as Logon Screen appears

One small thing to add: How can i copy the LogonUI.ex_ from a directory created for a XP SP2 file set, to windows\system32\logonUI.exe Is it a command called as expand.exe Is it inside XP SP2 directory. Can it be run from DOS bootup without HIMEM access. Basic DOS? Or is it recommended to boot up from XP bootable CD and run expand .exe to unpack LogonUI.ex_ or just copying internet dowloaded LogonUI.exe for SP2?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logonui-exe-corrupt-blue-screen-as-soon-as-logon-screen-appears-439358.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I cannot get to my desktop as this black screen is preventing me to do so.

It doesn't even give me enough time to log in!
It happened once before but it magically started to work the other time.
This never happened when I was still using the stock 640GB HDD that the laptop came with. So maybe I'm thinking it's because of my SSD having problems?

Fortunately, I can still get to Safe Mode and it says I got a BSOD and here's some details that it showed:

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000010
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800170F5D6

I went to Event Viewer and took a look on what made my computer mess up and it says that winlogon.exe and Explorer. initiated the restart of my computer and said there was no reason for it.

A:Black Screen appears 2 secs after Logon Screen shown

This will probably be moved to http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/.

Follow http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with more information to better assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207397-black-screen-appears-2-secs-after-logon-screen-shown.html
Relevancy 46.87%

After installing the latest NVIDIA 182.50 Drivers for my 8500 GeForce 8500GT card on my Gateway AMD x64 with Vista Home Premium 64bit, now at start up the Boot screen doesn't come up and neither does the Vista green loading bars, just get black screen, no signal until the Vista Logon screen appears. I used to get the Boot screen with F10 boot options and F2 BIOS options and the Gateway Logo, but not anymore.

Any idea why and how I can get the boot screen back ??

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/223139-black-screen-until-vista-logon-screen-no-video-signal.html
Relevancy 46.87%

OK here is my problem I have a my kid s HP Pavilion DV - ax aka dv z- AMD-A - M using Win Home Premium and it has lately last few weeks developed a weird blue screen Welcome logon screen & Blue active with after Pale cursor Screen with active cursor hanging habit After you log-on and the welcome screen pops up with the spinning circle and then before the desktop displays it switched to displaying a pale blue screen with active mouse cursor Up to that blue screen point after logging on the boot is slow but normal based upon my experience with this HP Pavilion This blue screen delay hanging lasts around minutes and then the desktop loads and all is well I have searched the web and found many references to black and blue screens with active cursor related to HP Laptops but I have not found a real solution that has fixed my problem Apart from just wait and wonder Suggestions I have tried include Scanned with Emsisoft Anti-Malware Malwarebytes Anti- Malware SUPERAntispyware including in Safe Mode Specialty Scan with AdwareCleaner rkill TDssKiller CCleaner Registry Clean and Defrag with Wise Registry Cleaner F gt F gt System Repairs Tools gt Repair Startup HP Pavilion has partition for System Repair F BIOS no issues that Pale Blue Screen with active cursor after logon & Welcome screen I can find Command Prompt gt sfc scannow System File Checker Completed Full Disk Check C gt Properties gt Tools gt Disk Check Alt Control Delete when blue screen appears gt switched to taks manager and after cancel back to either black or pale blue screen HELP

A:Pale Blue Screen with active cursor after logon & Welcome screen

There is a hotfix for this issue, with the issue being so wide spread one would think Microsoft would put it in an update. The hotfix is called Windows6.1-KB2578159, make sure to download the 64 bit version from Microsoft's site. This will hopefully fix your issue. At the hospital I work at we have had this issue a lot and just now found this hotfix, so I can't say for sure if it will fix your issue. Also make sure you have all the Windows updates installed. Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344458-pale-blue-screen-active-cursor-after-logon-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 46.87%

---Wow this is frustrating I just got done fixing two other computers- one was helping someone else fix their computer because they were seeking someone with basic expertise and here I am seeking someone with higher knowledge to help me out no screen screen, Windows logon bootup black Vista thanks in advance to all who contribute --- HP Media Windows Vista black screen, no bootup logon screen Center M FWindows Vista bit GB RAM NVIDIA graphics card and plenty of HD spaceF hardware diagnastics A-OK Suddenly this computer decided Windows Vista black screen, no bootup logon screen to malfunction without installing anything new or updates prior to its quot crashing quot I'm pretty wary to spyware and virus of the like so I am careful to what is installed and opened on this computer But for all I know when I was out of the house someone could have accessed the the machine infecting it with something I noticed before I left the house that it took a ridiculously long time to empty out the recycle bin has anyone else had this problem in vista I know there were a lot of high res pictures in there so I'm guessing quite a few gigs of deletion but after an hour it hadn't even progressed It said minutes and appeared to be frozen but was still moving I restarted the computer and tried the same thing-- exact same result lt --- this is the only hint I have as to what happened because before this everything was fine Anyway I got home and turned on the computer after someone turned it off and it just booted up the HP screen and then went to the windows logo loading page except there was no windows logo It displayed the loading bar and moving across the box at the bottom but just with no windows vista logo Then came the blue screen with the moveable mouse pointer I waited hours the mouse pointer still could be moved but the screen was frozen on the light blue hue right before the welcome screen or logon screen I retried this several times with this same result Even CTRL ALT DEL does not work Even more interesting I tried booting in Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Command Prompt both with the same result of black screen with mouse pointer and the text quot Safe Mode quot in all for corners No progression after an hour of waiting Booting windows in quot last known good configuration quot didn't work either There was also a quot repair quot function that precipitated the same results as well The F Recovery Console at the HP boot screen did not work no matter how rhythmic my F pushes were-- not sure why I couldn't recover this system on the recovery partition since HP doesn't send you recovery CDs anymore Lastly I made a Hiren Boot CD followed with my own Windows Vista installer boot CD They both had the same result when booting straight from the cdrom error message on a black screen quot The System memory manager EMM EXE has detected an error caused by a fault in one of the device drivers or programs loaded in the system Due to this fault the system is probably in an unstable state and you are therefore recommended to reboot the computer immediately If the problem persists then try to isolate which program is at fault if you have loaded several then load them one at a atime until the fault appears then contact tech support department for that program Advanced technical information Exception Invalid Opcode DS CB etc etc let me know if you need all the alphanumeric encoding quot When I don't boot straight from the cdrom it freezes and says this quot FD mb System Type- Starting Caldera DR-DOSEMM Copyright etc etc etc lt ---- blinking cursor quot I don't think I'm leaving out much of all but any other inquiries let me know I find this problem extremely odd yet annoying I don't know what else to do this computer is barely a year old Tech support wants or something like for days on one issue even for a recovery cd they want Wow HP Anyways thanks in advance and cheers Nowachi

A:Windows Vista black screen, no bootup logon screen

It may be that someone didn't turn off the PC rather that it experienced a damaging event and shut down.Suggest you check the RAM - remove and reseat and try rebooting. If not successful your mother board may be damaged - nasty thought.There is also this site which may be relevant.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831515If you can get your PC going suggest you check Event Viewer. Then restore files from the recycle bin and then use SHIFT/DELETE to get rid of them, delete a small file and see if emptying the recycle bin works OKPaul

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233390/windows-vista-black-screen-no-bootup-logon-screen/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi people, i've just registered to this forum to ask you about this, Since i've made a registry defrag with TuneUp Utilities (which probably has gone wrong), when i reset the computer, and I logon to my user, it shows a black screen, then back at the logon screen. If I do it again, the user doesn't show up anymore!
It happened three times already, i had to make new users, and i'm sick of it. Any ideas of what could it be?

A:Black screen after login for some seconds, then back at logon screen!

Welcome!

Yet another case of registry defraggers causing harm. In the future, you know now to stay far away from them.

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before TuneUp utilities. If that doesn't work, it will be time for a repair install.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98727-black-screen-after-login-some-seconds-then-back-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I don't know what to do please help

A:logon program cant start because DEVOBJ.dll is missing

Hello aprilbennett and welcome to TSF!

Did you do anything prior to this happening such as turning off you're laptop during windows updates, install drivers/software or perhaps dropping your laptop?

Do you have access to a windows 7 repair disk?

Also could you please list the make and model of your computer/laptop, or if its custom build the full spec (including PSU)

Thanks,
Alt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/logon-program-cant-start-because-devobj-dll-is-missing-659540.html
Relevancy 46.44%

A computer I am working on has a strange problem. When booting up the machine(win98) the machine bypasses the logon box(name, password, domain)and goes directly to the first screen, you know my computer, net. neighborhood, I don't know the proper name for this screen. I have numerous other 98 machines that do the logon correctly. The network is running tcp/ip and DHCP to connect to the network.

A:{Advice Offered} - Missing win98 logon box

Greetings

Ok, there are a few things to check:

1) Do a search for *.pwl When you have a list of all these files, delete them.

2) Check the network settings and make sure that the PC is using the Client for Microsoft Networks logon.

3) If it still does not work, then you might have the wrong driver for your network card. Get the latest driver for the network card (a good place to look is www.windrivers.com ). Put the drivers onto a diskette, and then open up Device manager and delete the Network Card entry. Then reboot. Win9x will auto-detect the card, and you will either be given the oppertunity to install the updated driver then, or Win98 will install the old driver again. If it installs the old driver again, then go into Device manager, select the network card and go to it's properties, and then click on the Update Driver button.

Good luck

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-missing-win98-logon-box.29129/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello:
I have a Vundo infection so I tried to use combofix. Everything seem to be correct but I am not able to logon correctly another time to windows XP. Since this machine is from work, I am administrator with network profile password but don't have the password for the computer standing alone (no network) Now, when I try to log on there is a message that says that GINAG42B.dll is missing. I have remove the hard disk and look for it on windows/system32 and is already there. Since I don't have the local password I am not able to log into the computer to uninstall combofix. Don't know what to do, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks and regards

A:Combofix error dll missing on windows logon

Hi NEWYNE, and welcome to BleepingComputer.ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.I will see if I can get a moderator to move this topic to the Am I Infected forum where it will get the kind of attention it warrants.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189655/combofix-error-dll-missing-on-windows-logon/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello BleepingComputer,

I recently ran my MBAM (malwarebytes) for an antimalware scan, and it had detected C:\WINDOWS\system32\logon.exe as a Trojan.Agent,and before thinking it through, I decided to go along with its decision and "delete on reboot." Now everytime I login, a windows error message comes up that says "missing logon.exe, check your system if its spelled right, etc etc" and it seems everytime I open up Windows Explorer, it crashes... Is there any way I can get a "replacement logon.exe," or what else can I do?
Thanks in advance for your help!
~Obfuscated

A:Missing C:\Windows\system32\logon.exe?/MOVED

Logon.exe is malware...winlogon.exe is a valid Windows file.http://www.baidumsg.com/Howtoremove/Howtoremove_40281.htmlhttp://www.prevx.com/filenames/X1615289856.../LOGON.EXE.htmlhttp://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/winlogon.exe.htmlI am going to suggest that your post be moved to the Am I Infected forum, where those more knowledgeable can assist you.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229102/missing-cwindowssystem32logonexemoved/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi this is my pc configs Hardware configurations Intel Desktop Board DH CL Intel Core i - XP Windows when entering Blue screen logon-screen Processor gb DDR RAM TB HDD Samsung SATA Software Blue screen when entering Windows XP logon-screen installed Windows XP SP Auto Update enabled All NET Packs installed All Runtime packs VC VB JAVA installed Norton Internet Security Intel desktop utilities Internet Download Manager Utorrent Acronis True Image OS works good before days evil comes when i try to install quot USB Over Network quot from fabulatech BSOD appear s as plug nd play driver problem middle of USB over network install when i restart the pc it stop s asking logon password but USB any ports are not work including keyboard nd mouse DH CL don t have PS same with safe mode also then i boot in to RECOVERY CONSOLE with win XP cd delete ftusbbus sys ftusb sys ftusbload sys files from System Drivers folder nd reboot again same problem so again i get in to recovery console and DISABLE quot FTUSBSRV quot Service nd reboot again still same prob then i install xp with quot REPAIR quot option but the setup stop respond with min s then i disable ACPI and ENHANCED options in BIOS Remove whole usb devices except mouse nd key-bored replace another gb ram i can t find out any logs name as pnplog txt restart setup again with repair option happen s now xp hang in blue blank screen with movable mouse pointer when setup enter s in to GUI mode again nd again same blank blue screen with normal safe mode nd safe mode with command prompt options so i decided to install another copy of win xp sp in D partition it s completely installed without any errors then i replace SYSTEM nd SOFTWARE registry backups of before days from SYSTEM RESTORE point to CONFIG folder of win xp old nd restart the old xp from C partition still same prob hard drive led normally blink until blue blank dispaly nd stops i try moving whole files from C windows system drivers folder to another place nd try setup with repair option same problem what could be the problem i want to repair without formatting i have attached setupact log last lines for your view GUI mode Setup has started Volume G Device Path ide cdromtsstcorp cddvdw sh- ab sb b f -b bf- d - f - a c efb b CD-ROM Drive - Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - CD-ROM Drive HardwareId IDE CdRomTSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- AB SB IDE TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- AB SB IDE CdRomTSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- AB TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- AB SB GenCdRomIDE CdRomTSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- AB SB Location LowerFilters imapi UpperFilters redbook Primary IDE Channel - Device Ide PciIde Channel - HardwareId Intel- c Primary IDE Channel PNP Intel- c Location Primary Channel Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - C - Device NTPNP PCI HardwareId PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC A PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Location PCI bus device function PCI bus HardwareId ACPI PNP A PNP A ACPI PNP A Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System HardwareId ACPI HAL PNP C PNP C ACPI HAL PNP C HardwareId acpiapic mp ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Volumes C D E F Device Path ide disksamsung hd sj aj a f -b bf- d - f - a c efb b Disk drive - Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - Disk drive HardwareId IDE DiskSAMSUNG HD SJ AJ IDE SAMSUNG HD SJ AJ IDE DiskSAMSUNG HD SJ SAMSUNG HD SJ AJ GenDiskIDE DiskSAMSUNG HD SJ AJ Location Secondary IDE Channel - Device Ide PciIde Channel - HardwareId Intel- c Secondary IDE Channel PNP Intel- c Location Secondary Channel Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - C - Device NTPNP PCI HardwareId PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC A PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Location PCI bus device function PCI bus HardwareId ACPI PNP A PNP A ACPI PNP A Microsoft ACPI... Read more

A:Blue screen when entering Windows XP logon-screen

there's no achi or acp settings in bios. only enhanced mode available..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-when-entering-windows-xp-logon-screen.1044868/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have set up my Win 7 Pro 64-bit screen saver to bring up the password logon screen upon activation of the mouse/keyboard/whatever.

Late last week, whenever I moved the mouse or clicked the keyboard, the screensaver would go directly to the desktop, bypassing the logon screen. I went to the screensaver utility and unchecked and rechecked the 'On resume, display the logon screen' box, selecting 'Apply and OK' each time.

This would work for maybe two or three times and then go back to returning to the desktop.

I've run MalwareBytes, IOBit, and Norton and all come up virus/rootkit free.

Any ideas?

A:Screen Saver to password logon screen failing

There are a few seconds of "grace" time, meaning when the screensaver launches you have a few seconds to "wake it" and go back to your desktop without locking it.

I guess I can assume you're not talking about that, right?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/226067-screen-saver-password-logon-screen-failing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

From Windows 7 logon screen how to run screen saver slide show.
Try the hack here but it didn't work I have a lab of 30 systems and try it again on another two systems but it didn't work. I'm runing Windows 7 64Bit.

Log On Screen Saver - Enable or Disable

A:Screen Saver Window 7 Logon Screen Slideshow

Hello ZMan, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You will not be able to have a slideshow with the logon screen saver. As in the tutorial, it can only be a blank black screen if enabled. Anything else, and you get that message in the NOTE box at the top of the tutorial.

Sorry,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/177785-screen-saver-window-7-logon-screen-slideshow.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I found out that Update 1 (KB2919355) causes logon screen and lock screen issue.

Custom background for both screens are not displayed, instead of custom background there is a solid black background.

Uninstalling this update rolls back this issue and both screens are displayed correctly. Confirmed on Win 8.1 Pro x64.

I'm gonna report it to Microsoft.

Best regards,
Derlee

A:KB2919355 breaks down logon screen and lock screen

I have the same problem on my laptop.

After the Update 1 my Lock Screen is completely blue and it's not showing the image anymore, I can see the icons but not the pic.

In addition to that, when I choose to reboot the laptop I can only see the loading circle and not the phrase "rebooting".

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44209-kb2919355-breaks-down-logon-screen-lock-screen.html
Relevancy 46.01%

This is a work computer plagued with problems. This morning, the computer was apparently interrupted while booting, and the desktop disappeared. Explorer.exe could be found, but not run. Reg is set properly she'll explorer.exe. I spent all afternoon trying workarounds, and nothing. Ran anti-vir, combofix, nothing detected.

Did a repair install of Windows XP pro SP2, with a windows xp pro sp2. As soon as the users come up, I get a BSOD stop error c000021a at 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x00eaf094)

Seems to be a login problem/conflict. I've been avoiding a fresh install at all costs, as these people have old programs installed with no disks for them. Help is appreciated. The repair install will boot in safe mode, whereas the missing explorer.exe install would not.

A:Explorer.exe missing,performed repair install now won't logon

Hi -The next logical step I would follow is to get an XP Pro CD and run sfc /scannow to try and replace any missing files Also a chkdsk /r should be performed on the system in case there are other problems If you were able to run Antivirus programs, etc, then these basics should be no problem ->>"Ran anti-vir, combofix, nothing detected."<< NOTE: Combofix is not a cure-all for these type of problems, and should never be used as such -By doing this, you can create more problems than you think you can ever solve -Always stick with the basics first, and then try other diagnostics after that. Did you try to run an OTL log to look for problems ??Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457856/explorerexe-missingperformed-repair-install-now-wont-logon/
Relevancy 45.58%

hello for all, yesterday when i was making log out from my computer, there is no log out screen!! just black screen and mouse cursor, and when i did restart again , no logon screen appears or no any thing in screen , just black screen and mouse cursor too.

I was tried every thing and no difference :
safe mode
startup repair
restore to some point (i dont have a point)
upgrade windows or reinstall it

i think the things maybe was made this poblem are :
i was edited userinit.exe value from registry by deleting the comma from the end of its value.
i used Windows 7 manager to make some clean and fixes some things on computer.

any help please??

Iam a programmer and have alot of projects and i cant access the

A:no logon screen with black screen and mouse

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7&#63;

Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - Softpedia

windows 7 black screen after login, no desktop show up

Windows 7 Loads to a black screen. Whats the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223966-no-logon-screen-black-screen-mouse.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I have a serious problem at my hands This moring when I turned on my laptop a x x xL L x x D Registy Error appeared on a blue screen It then continuously restarts never making it to the logon screen I have tried to reboot in Safe Mode and Last Known Logon before screen Death Of Screen Blue Working mode but the same blue screen appears As I dont have a XP Home install disk only boot disk supplied with laptop I could not repair my registry so I have installed a parallel version of Windows XP Pro that came with another PC I can access the hard disc so I will be able to back up most of my files BUT I cannot access the Documents and Settings of my user from the original OS because I selected Make this Folder Private when I made the account Does anyone know of a way to disable the Make This Folder Private option on an account that is on a parallel version of XP Laptop Hi-Grade W higrade com Any help would be appreciated so much Thanks Blue Screen Of Death before Logon screen nbsp

A:Blue Screen Of Death before Logon screen

I think you will have to take ownership of the folders and files you want to access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-before-logon-screen.388949/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all i used to change my boot screen and logon screen in windows xp by going into safe mode and pasting a new logonui file and it works fine but since i put on the windows updates if i change the logon screen my computer will boot to the windows logo and then go black for a second and crash and restart and keeps doing that. Then i have to format because i cannot get into windows at all. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this issue.
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-boot-screen-and-logon-screen.220105/
Relevancy 45.58%

My PC was working fine before today until I used Ultra UXtheme patcher for Windows before screen logon flashing 8 screen Win x and then applied a custom VS for Win After a restart Windows Explorer was not launching so I opened task manager and did a sfc scannow After a reboot I get to the Windows boot menu I have a dual-boot on this HDD with win and then the screen just turns on and off every few seconds with the numlock light flickering with the screen I tried using the automatic repair both from the boot menu and from a backup USB but it does not detect anything and I still have the same issue I restored the backups of uxtheme dll Windows 8 flashing screen before logon screen uxinit dll and themeui dll but that didn't help either Any help Attached is my ntbtlog txt Thanks in advance There is no BSOD the HDD keeps on spinning a few minutes after boot and the numlock keeps on flashing Anything else I can do from my win install I'm currently trying to delete the theme Edit deleting the theme doesn't help safemode doesn't help either IMHO it seems to be a driver issue but there were no driver updates when it was working

A:Windows 8 flashing screen before logon screen

Fixed with a system refresh. Nobody helped at all?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/13747-windows-8-flashing-screen-before-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This doesn't quite fit into the BSOD section, because it's not really a black screen of death.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64x,
ATI Radeon HD 4800 series video card
4 Gb Ram
And an Intel 2 Quad.

What happens is the windows boot screen appears, then I get a black screen with a mouse cursor.

If I hit "Enter" on my keyboard, then type my password, windows boots onto my desktop.

So really the log on screen is still there...it's just kind of not.

If there are more details I should post please let me know.

~
James

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-instead-of-logon-screen-can-still-log-on-660886.html
Relevancy 43.86%

We have a number of HP ProBook G 's nbsp which are able to power on pass the Windows splash screen but then have a grey screen where you would expect to see the typical log on screen nbsp We have found that clicking the mouse pressing enter to accept the user policy message and inputting the password of the last logon screen Grey screen of instead user and again pressing enter will load their profile - though the start menu doesn't work From here I can right click the Windows button and sign out which returns me to the log on screen but this time correctly Logging in again without rebooting and everything seems to works fine nbsp So far we have not detected any kind of pattern or repetition as to why this might be happening Nor can we prevent it from happening in the future Launching into Safe Mode and rebooting seems to get the machine back to normal for a while Grey screen instead of logon screen as does removing the battery and holding the power button for seconds before trying to boot nbsp It has become a huge problem and we're clutching at straws to resolve nbsp Any help would be really appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Grey-screen-instead-of-logon-screen/td-p/5654556
Relevancy 43.86%

A few days ago my laptop froze the first time ever and I had to restart it using the power button When I then started it everything would go or & after show logon screen that won't anything screen welcome fine until after the Microsoft loading bar thing when the screen is black and the mouse is in the middle I can move the mouse at that point and if I press Caps Lock the light goes on but it doesn't move on to the welcome screen I left it on the whole night to see if anything happens at all but it doesn't move Alt ctrl del doesn't work Safe mode loads the welcome amp logon screen but after that the screen is black with safe mode written on top and corner and the mouse is there and you can move it but nothing else shows up What's funny well maybe not is that I installed ubuntu a while back the -install as a program on windows- version to try it out and see if it's that different and I kept forgetting to uninstall it and when I select Ubuntu as my operating system when I turn on my computer it works Yea Ubuntu works perfectly So i can access all my files and basically do almost everything on here but I'd still miss Windows because of some programs I tried repairing the computer i inserted the vista disk but it found nothing I welcome screen & logon screen or anything after that won't show did a memory test basic but it's all nothing I did a quot check disk for errors quot test and it shows nothing and when the computer turns on after that the windows loading bar takes forever and when it reaches the blank screen with mouse phase it stays there for a while and then restarts So Any suggestions I should probably mention this too I dropped the laptop from about meter the night before it stopped working But after it fell I worked on it for about hours more and it worked fine Then I hibernated it as welcome screen & logon screen or anything after that won't show usual and when I turned it welcome screen & logon screen or anything after that won't show on the next morning the problem appeared But the fact that ubuntu works suggests that it's not a physical computer problem or is it Thanks for all help

A:welcome screen & logon screen or anything after that won't show

See if you can boot in safe mode. If so do a system restore from the point that you tried to improve the system that was developed by Microsoft.
If you can, do the system restore from normal mode, if not try it as said above.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282680-welcome-screen-logon-screen-anything-after-wont-show.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone! I was installing a new theme from custopack tools and suddenly my dell x64 laptop (Build 7601 windows 7 sp1 installed) crashed on me. Most probably due to the loose power adapter wire. Now i cant get it back to work. It goes fine till the logon screen but then the screen turns black. I can see the mouse pointer. Same thing happens when i login with safemode settings. Anyone familiar with this!

A:Black screen after the logon screen

You know we could run a lot of complicated procedures, but I think a repair install is your quickest direct route to just looking at your desktop again.
Repair Install
^^^detailed instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/177271-black-screen-after-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Is it possible to bypass the Xp Login screen?
I can not get into my computer because I have fogotten the password and urer name
I have my main computer, and also a laptop, I have them bothe networked togther,. I can still use my laptop, but am unable to get into main computer.
I was messing around as you do one night on the laptop, and I think I may have altered some settings, ie user account.So when I try the main puter, it halts at the xp login screen.I have tryed everything, but it says that the account has be disabled, and I need to see the administrator, I am the adminstrator, but how to sort it I have not a clue.
Any help, or indeed suggestions as to what to do, would be a great help.

Thanks Roy

A:Xp Logon Screen

Security features like passwords are designed deny access to unauthorized users.

We cannot help you defeat security features because we have no way of knowing if it is indeed your computer that you are trying to get into, and being that this forum is public others will learn how to defeat security measures if we publish methods to do so here.

I suggest you take the computer to a computer repair shop along with proof of ownership and they may be able to help you reset your password.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47623/xp-logon-screen/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello all you friendly and helpful computer guys, I have this problem, and it's a big one, basically, when I try to load up my windows xp professional, I get to the point where you'd normally log in, and there's no option to log in, no place to type a password. Basically it looks like a spalsh screen with a small xp logo on it, but it won't let me log on. It happens every time I reboot, I even tried the repair option on my XP disk. Negative. Still does it.

I desperately have to have this working, so much stuff that I like a moron, did not backup. If any of you kind gentlemen can help me with this issue I will worship you for coming days and weeks. Because this is just one of those problems that I can't figure out.

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone.

I have been looking for a way to change the logon screen to more of a classic windows look, without success. Then the other day I saw this image on a blog:
http://www.om3gapc.com/Win7logon.png

That is basically what I would like to have. Does anyone have any ideas what this is? Surely that is a modified logon screen? It does say "Copyright 2008 Microsoft...", so maybe this is from one of the earlier builds of 7?

/sorb

A:Logon screen

Quote: Originally Posted by absorba

Hello everyone.

I have been looking for a way to change the logon screen to more of a classic windows look, without success. Then the other day I saw this image on a blog:
http://www.om3gapc.com/Win7logon.png

That is basically what I would like to have. Does anyone have any ideas what this is? Surely that is a modified logon screen? It does say "Copyright 2008 Microsoft...", so maybe this is from one of the earlier builds of 7?

/sorb

reply back to the image as the uploaded may know where it came from or what it was called, it looks like something from say windows 7 professional but im not sure i have only ever had 7 ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/192966-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi BC Here s my issue Whenever I try to boot my computer normally it will automatically ask me for the password for the Administrator account This isn t my usual account Upon entering the password it will take about two minutes to display the desktop background with no icons or toolbar It had been getting slower and slower before reaching this point and for some strange reason it automatically opened my My Documents folder as soon as I logged in It still opens this folder as soon as I log in with safe mode I can only get online by booting into Safe Mode with Networking I ve attempted to run Ad-Aware Malware Bytes and Avast Can't get to the screen logon while in Safe Mode then boot back up All three found threats and removed most of them but Avast and MBAM both run into a file Can't get to the logon screen labeled quot c windows system ihfzbfow dll quot that cannot be quarantined or deleted I ve updated both MBAM and Avast but Ad-Aware will not allow me to update at all I get a message that says quot System error has occurred Description Could not login to service Are you running this application as another user Application terminates quot I also tried a boot time scan with Avast but it doesn Can't get to the logon screen t actually scan The message pops up saying it s about to but it automatically goes to the logon screen for the administrator with files scanned At this point I ve used msconfig to just Can't get to the logon screen have the computer automatically start in Safe Mode with Networking since I get frozen otherwise I also noticed the file quot ISMModule exe quot showing up in my startup files after using msconfig I removed the check mark and ran autoruns I didn t see the file there but I did remove a few others labeled as malware or unnecessary but I m out of ideas what to do from here Here s the computer info Intel Celeron processor MHz MB of RAM Windows XP Professional Version There is no SP or and I can t upgrade it said the key was already in use and sadly I can t afford to buy the OS If I had to buy the disks I d just get a new computer with it preinstalled Can I still save it

A:Can't get to the logon screen

Do you have SP1 installed?If not, then you are using an unpatched version of Windows XP. Installing All CRITICAL Updates and security patches up to and including SP1 will help to prevent crippling malware attacks. Without doing this first, you are wide open to re-infection and other high security risks which are prone to an unpatched system and you are just wasting your time.With that said, infected systems on the Internet are a security risk to everyone. When someone uses an insecure or infected computer, malware spreads faster and more extensively, distributed denial-of-service attacks are easier to launch, spammers have more platforms from which to send e-mail and more machines become compromised so I will offer some suggestions you can try.You can try using VIPRE Rescue - the size of the downloaded application is large. This is a command-line utility that will scan and clean a computer which is so badly infected that programs cannot be easily run. Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on the same page.These are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD files that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.Avira AntiVir Rescue System - Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD.
If you encounter problems running the Rescue Disk, you can get further assistance at the Avira Support Forum.Dr Web LiveCD. Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided in the User Manual.F-Secure Rescue CD - Rescue CD 3.01 released.
Video: How to Remove Malware with F-Secure Rescue CD
If you encounter problems running the Rescue CD, you can get further assistance at the F-Secure Support Forum.BitDefender LiveCD - Index of /rescue_cd
If you encounter problems running the Rescue CD, you can get further assistance at the BitDefender Support Forum.Kaspersky RescueDisk - Index of /devbuilds/RescueDisk/
If you encounter problems running the RescueDisk, you can get further assistance at the Kaspersky Support Forum.If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.Note: In order to use a rescue disk, the boot order must be set to start from the CD-ROM drive. If the CD is not first in the boot order, the computer will attempt to start normally by booting from the hard drive. The boot order is a setting found in the computer?s BIOS which runs when it is first powered on. This setting controls the order that the BIOS uses to look for a boot device from which to load the operating system. The default will normally be A:, C:, CD-ROM. Different computers have different ways to enter the BIOS. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to:Changing Your Computers Boot OrderHow to Change the Boot Order in BIOS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232361/cant-get-to-the-logon-screen/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I am using xp64 in an arcade cabinet. I am shelling windows but when I don't use the welcome screen I get a quick flash of the classic logon box which I would like to get rid of. I have auto logon enabled. Is there any way to black the classic windows logon screen out or delete it. I'm lost I've tried everything I've read online and nothing's worked. Thanks

A:Xp logon screen

Do you want to automatically login without having to type a password?
If so, go to Start/Run and type control userpasswords2 and press enter. Uncheck the box that says Users must type a user name and password to use computer. Click Apply and OK type your password and restart the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-logon-screen-671471.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I did a fresh XP-Pro install using only one account as administrator (no p-word required) and after install I could simply turn on the computer or reboot without getting the logon screen. After I ran windows update and got all the security fixes etc. I get the dang logon screen every time I start up or reboot :-( Someone PLEASE tell me how to dissable the logon screen so I can simply boot/reboot and do my thing????

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,
I have a user where he cannot get to the logon screen in Windows after every restart. What should I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-to-logon-screen.1124428/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

It used to be that when I started up my PC, I
did not have to click on the username. There
is only one user on the PC. I am not clear
how this happened, but I now get a screen
which shows me the username and I
have to click on it to log into that user's account.
It is the same username but I don't
remember doing anything to affect this change.
As far as I can tell, it could be after
I installed the HP Printer software. Could
it be possible?

Is there a way I can just boot the PC
all the way without having to click on the username.
There is no password for the username.

Thanks

A:How to get rid of the logon screen?

Start > run > control userpasswords2

Uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a Username and password....."

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-get-rid-of-the-logon-screen-77387.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys, need some help regarding the logon screen in Vista. Every time I boot back from hibernation, I get the logon screen, although I haven't set any passwords. Encounter the same problem even when the laptop loses power and hibernates, and then tried to boot back up. How do I remove that( as I know that there is a way to do that, coz I had to format and re-install Vista once, and this problem was not there before that...)???

A:Help regarding logon screen

Check your Power Option settings, there is a settings that you can change if the computer requires password on wakeup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-regarding-logon-screen.879403/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi guys i really want to solve this problem of mine i think its quite simple to solve however im a total newbie

when i open windows i cant see logon screen where you normally see all user accounts instead i am seeing simple window wants me to enter user name and pass its quite annoying i really didnt care at first but it starts to getting my nerves i really be thankfull if anyone can help me thanks in advance

sorry for grammer and other mistakes please try yo ignore them

A:i cant see logon screen

Control Panel->User Accounts->Change the way a user logs on or off->check "use welcome screen"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-see-logon-screen-268777.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I work in the Education department of a prison and the other day one of the tutors showed me that something had been changed on on eof the computers, somehow one of the prisoners has changed the "Turn Off Computer" text in the lower left corner of the logon screen (next to the red button) without using any kind of software.

I would like to know how to change this back to normal, I also cannot use any software to do so since I am now allowed to take any kind of media storage device into work.

Thanks for any help.

A:XP Logon Screen

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Advanced tab > Check "require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-logon-screen-272903.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello.
How to Fix Windows 8 Logon Screen Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User Icon ???
Example: Windows 7

Sorry my bad english.

Thanks.

A:How fix Logon Screen?

Hello bladecontas, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the same tutorial for Windows 7 below to fix this in Windows 8.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User - Windows 7 Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7634-how-fix-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums and I must thank my friend for directing me here as well! Seeing how he messed up my computer to begin with and now onto my question. I'm having trouble getting to the logon screen today after I shut it down yesterday last night. My friend's son was using my laptop to write up a research report for class and decided to go -exploring- in the system32 folder. He said all he did was move an authui file? I tried using my vista recovery disks, but I can't seem to locate them with all cluttered junk laying around the room(still cleaning). I hoping in the meantime that there might be an alternate method in fixing this problem? I'd much appreciate the assistance

A:Logon screen won't appear

Hello SeventhOne, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You may be able to do a System Restore using a restore point dated before this problem instead to fix it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/214359-logon-screen-wont-appear.html
Relevancy 43.86%

does anyone know of a safe program that changes your logon screen and wont destroy my system? Many Thanks

A:Logon Screen

http://www.stardock.com/products.asp

scroll to bottom, download logon studio for XP

Or

http://www.gromada.com/1stImpression.html
for win95/98/me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-screen.124193/
Relevancy 43.86%

Is there a way to type in the username and password into the logon screen to log on to the computer.

I've searched through the tutorials and couldn't find one.

Is it possible to do this?

Do I need an application or do I need to edit my registry?

Please Help
Al

A:Help With Logon Screen

Did you try the control panel applet for setting up user accounts? There should be a setting in there which enables/disables automatic login. Disabling would ensure that you are prompted to login. Is that what you mean?

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/17074-help-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi
I'm using the admin logon screen and not the welcome screen, there is a box with logon name/pass and a blue background, am i able to change the background with maybe a wallpaper, image or even change the colour?

Thanks

I don't think so. the start up screen is not part of User Driver. well maybe, you maybe could change the Wallpaper by changing your software, I was able to change my starup music lol. I remeber you could change it somewhere, But I forget sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-screen-465620.html
Relevancy 43.86%

does anyone know how to have a users login name at the login screen after start-up. By default it has the last users name in the login field. Is there some place in the registry that can be edited so that the same loggin name always appears no matter who was logged in last.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-screen.321254/
Relevancy 43.86%

This is simple, I hope. I used to go right into the windows desktop. I bought a new HP printer, after I installed their software, when I start my computer, I go to the logon screen, and not back to the windows desktop like I used to. I have to click on my name to start the desktop, pain...
How do I by-pass the logon screen? Thanks...

Relevancy 43.86%

I've looked everywhere and found no solution for this so I was hoping by posting about it I could hopefully get some help I'm running windows home premium -bit operating system There is only one user account set up in this computer which of course my user account When I click on quot Add or remove user accounts quot there Logon Screen Help! is only two user showing One would be mine and the other a guest account under which is Logon Screen Help! written quot Guest account is off' The problem is I have to click on the user account before being able to type my password upon logon It's not really a huge problem but I'm just wondering why My other friends don't have this problem They only have one user account as well and whenever their pc notebook gets to the welcome screen the default user is automatically selected and all they have to do is type in their account password But not for me I have to click on my account and only after that the user account picture zooms in and the password-input box appears The same thing happens when I quot lock quot Win L my computer I have to click on the small user picture before the whole thing zooms in and the password input box appears It doesn't happen on my friend's notebook I tried to compare almost everything but I couldn't figure out for the love of god what is wrong with my notebook I ran netplwiz and found out there is a quot GUEST quot account which I cannot remove My friend who is not having the same problem as I do do not have this guest account in his quot netplwiz quot Could this be the 'cause of the issue How can I remove this guest account I don't even know how why that existed I've never turned on the guest account before and this is the only thing I think is causing the problem Help anyone

A:Logon Screen Help!

Hello Coretanabstrak, and welcome to Seven Forums.

After turning off the Guest account, it should remove it from Advanced User Accounts after closing and reopening.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97464-logon-screen-help.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This just started to happen.
As the computer boots up, a couple of small popup happen and then the logon screen appears to be grayed out and there is a single asteric (*) in the password box. A popup window comes in saying that windows cannot log me into the network. It says that passwords are case sensitive and not to have the cap lock on. I do not have a password set. It used to just go by the screen and finish loading windows. I then click OK in the popup. Then the logon box is not grayed out anymore. There is nothing, no * , in the box anymore. I click the OK and it boots me into windows.
I tried resetting my password and that does not help. I left it with no password.
Any ideas how I can fix this?
Thanks

A:Logon Screen has an * in the PW box- help!

can be a bad profile login to safe mode as administrator and greate another account and login with this account for testing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-screen-has-an-in-the-pw-box-help.317431/
Relevancy 43.86%

this morning, after shutting down my laptop which i dont normally do (just put it on sleep) it comes up with a message saying
Windows installer could not be startedClick to expand...

there is just an OK button but after it comes up with some sort of loading status bar and then it does th same thing again i have tried going through BIOS and also doing the safe mode thing, where it just does the same thing again i cant get to the log on screen to log in so i cant use anything beyond that.. i have a samsung NC10 so i have no Disk drive and i have not an external drive i can use..

Someone please help! Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.86%

Bought 2 laptops both D620. As they said admin not set, system pw not set, Hdd pw not set. I asked before I bought them. And checked bios. But when I boot up, it goes to XP logon screen and it says "insert card or press ctr/ alt/ del. then has two users but needs passwords. I never seen this kind of logon before. Regular password checkers like on herins wont work. Is this just a program installed into windows. Am I ok to try fresh install of xp. Must I reinstall XP.

A:Never seen logon screen like this

After pressing ctr/ alt/ del (you may need to do this twice to get to the logon screen)
Type in : Administrator
Does that get you in?
If not try Safe Mode (F8, before Windows starts up)

If so, create a new account, then log off, and log into that one

Or re-install Windows clean (preferred)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/never-seen-logon-screen-like-this.138693/
Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys,

i've got a slight prob. im runnin WinXP pro and recently i used autopatcher 5.1 to install ms updates . but ever since then my logon screen has been changed from the default blue screen to just a dialog box. Any idea on how i could get it back

Cheers,
Visvak

by dialog box do you mean the box where they ask you to type your username and password, if so you can change it back by going into control panel>user accounts>change the way users log on and off and check the little box that says use the welcome screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-screen-92503.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi.
I just got a new system. XP, normal... It opens with the login screen, and returns there when idle. Is there a way to get rid of that? Its kind of annoying, and totally unnecessary.
Thanks,
Debby

A:XP logon screen necessary?

Try this site http://www.petri.co.il/disable_the_welcome_screen_in_xp_pro.htm

Thats for the PRO version if you have home try here http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/windowsxp/articles/135/1/Change-Windows-XP-Logon-Screensaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logon-screen-necessary.356099/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
i have windows xp home, with service pack 2. (IE6). today i find i can't logon because a message appears saying "windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded" ....etc. this is the only account on this computer, & it is no longer on the welcome screen. i have tried f8 -- safe mode, but none of the utilities work for some reason. i tried recovery console & it stops setup because it says the file Txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 14. i tried ALT+TAB & it doesn't work. i don't have a windows xp CD, or i would have tried that. does anyone know of some kind of bootfloppy on the internet, that can be used to boot past the welcome screen to the start menu ? any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-You
diyahnih

A:Cannot Logon At Welcome Screen

I assume you logged in to safe mode with Administrator, which is easy
as when you see the logon screen in safemode press ctrl+Alt+Del key together and you can enter administrator username and password and enter into windows.

then go to control panel->user accounts
Here create a new user and restart the machine, try loggin in with that user.
If everythign works fine, then copy you My documents files from your old profile to new profile after loggin in a administrator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47039/cannot-logon-at-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys, need some help regarding the logon screen in Vista. Every time I boot back from hibernation, I get the logon screen, although I haven't set any passwords. Encounter the same problem even when the laptop loses power and hibernates, and then tried to boot back up. How do I remove that( as I know that there is a way to do that, coz I had to format and re-install Vista once, and this problem was not there before that...)???

A:Help regarding the logon screen

go to your power options and in that window you will see do not require a password for wake up from hibernation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-regarding-the-logon-screen-434181.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Compaq(PC!) boots to log on screen, but no names are there to "click" on.
short of reloading the OEM software package what can I do?

Win XP home edition.

Trying to fix someone's PC from work.

A:No name at logon screen win XP

hold down the ctrl + alt keys and tap the delete key twice. This will get you to the classic login. You can enter a username and password from here. Download TweakUI for XP. There is an option in there to put Usernames back on the Welcome Screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-name-at-logon-screen-win-xp.350455/
Relevancy 43.86%

Not sure if this is the right section but hear goes.

when i go to *user accounts* then to *change the way a user logs on* im able to click the box next to use the welcome screen, usually after that you have the option to click the box under it named use fast user switching. but mine just stays faided and you cant cheak that box so everytime i want to change user i have to log off and logon to the other account. i cant be loged on to 2 accounts at the same time.? why is this, i used to be able to.

A:Logon screen

are you or have you recently become part of a network domain? as this feature is unavailable when part of a domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-screen.685047/
Relevancy 43.86%

I had to format my computer. I am running xp pro and now on the logon screen it does not show email msgs or programs running. I know this is a small thing but I would just like to know why it is different. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Logon screen in xp

It will only show programs running if the user is logged on from Switching users. I know there is a way to turn off showing the number of email messages unread but I would have to search Google to find it. I think it only shows the messages if you are using Outlook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-screen-in-xp.200746/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi.

Please, anyone, is their currently any way to have a background picture on the Win 8.1 log on password screen, instead of the solid colour. [Not the lock screen or start screen]

Win 8.1 booting straight to desktop.
Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/36373-win-8-1-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hello you helpful unknown friends !

is there a way to altogether avoid the logon screen showing up either at start up or after hibernating ?

I'm sole user of my computer and have set no password or fingerprint lock
normally when I boot up the logon screen is bypassed - but not yesterday when I just could not pass it as it was requesting either a finger swipe or password
restarts did not help and I had to do a hard restart to sort it out

also when I hibernate my machine, the logon screen now always shows up (it did not use to some months ago but I guess some update or other caused this new and unwelcome behaviour....)

so... is there a way... (see above !!!!)
thks

(Win7 Ultimate, SP1)

A:can I do away with the logon screen ?

Hello icacream,

Yes. You could set Windows to log on to your account automatically at startup. Log On Automatically at Startup
Next, disable requiring a password at wakeup. Password - Require on Wakeup
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301718-can-i-do-away-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody knows how to create a windows 7 logon screen like this one

http://awesomewallpapers.files.wordp...pg?w=510&h=382

A:logon screen

Read this tutorial: Log On Screen - Change

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/77423-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have bought a Vantec Nexstar NAS enclosure which has ethernet and USB connections - I have installed a GB HDD in the enclosure The intent is to use the enclosure as NAS storage On trying to access the folders on the drive I am presented with a logon screen requesting a Username and Password The thing is I have not set up any username or password for this drive and cannot get past this screen - aaaarghhhhh I am using Windows XP Home Edition and have connected the screen for No password Logon NAS enclosure via a D-Link DI- router I can access the Admin screen for the enclosure and can adjust the various settings etc No password for Logon screen for the drive - my attempts at getting to the folders on the drive though are frustrated by requests for a logon I just don t have Using the USB connection though I can read write to the drive - however this is not what I bought the enclosure for I have disabled my firewall No password for Logon screen ZoneAlarm and tried my other passwords just in case all to no avail Vantec Support are trying to be helpful but so far with no success - suggested remedies have included a tweak to Windows Registry involving an LMcompatabilitylevel switch Can anyone suggest to this networking novice what No password for Logon screen I can do to get past the logon screen nbsp

A:No password for Logon screen

You need to configure the folder access for the NAS box to be totally open. Most NAS boxes should have this option. The LMcompatibilityLevel patch is usually a Vista thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-password-for-logon-screen.577339/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have set up a computer with 1 admin account and 1 other user (its also got admin rights temporarily)...both accounts have passwords set...the problem is when the computer boots it goes straight the the desktop of the admin account without stoping at the welcome screen ....I have set it to use the welcome screen but it doesn't stop there....any thoughts..?

Relevancy 43.43%

I am running a Windows xp media centre edition sp2. My regular user logon screen has changed to a small window saying Windows xp media centre edition with a kinda oldish theme....I always had the regular big blue backround with the user names an pictures of the users but it just changed to the small media centre edition window. Please help

A:Solved: Logon screen

Go to the Control Panel and double click on Users. Now I'm not on a XP computer so I'm not 100% on the next step but I think on the left hand side it should say something along the lines of Change How Users Log In. Click that and there should be somethign about using the Welcome Screen, make sure thats selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-logon-screen.617190/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys,A few weeks ago I installed a logon screen for my Windows XP Professional system via LogonLoader. It worked for a few days but then I uninstalled. Prior to the installation of LogonLoader, I didn't need to log in to any sort of account; XP just went straight to my desktop. However, after I uninstalled LogonLoader, I am required to login to my account using a screen like this: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/is/computing/advi...ogon-prompt.pngI have already disabled "Use the Welcome Screen" in User Accounts, used TweakUI, and used CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2.Thanks in advance!

A:Logon Screen Removal

Hi Guo,

If you head over to the control panel > user accounts you should be able to select the option to use the welcome screen.

To auto log you on you need to open your start menu > Run > type 'control userpasswords2' this will allow you to specify an account to auto logon when booting.

Hope this helps,

James

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221739/logon-screen-removal/
Relevancy 43.43%

im wondering if this is the proper place to ask this but im curious how to put an image in the logon screen just like what kaspersky does when you install it... everytime you see the logon screen a picture or an icon of the kaspersky appears in the upper right or left portion of the screen... can a newbie like me do this with any other image? do i need a special program for this? thanks!

A:how do i put an image in the logon screen?

Go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to number 141 and on the RIGHT COLUMN there is a .vbs file that you can download (It is labeled "Add a Custom Splash Screen for User Logon's"). Download and open it and there should be a prompt. Put the path of the .BMP file that you want as the picture.

** Note: to change a picture to .bmp, go to http://www.Media-Convert.com **

Also, visit my website for cool games, music, movies, and more:
http://www.hypn0tiz3d.webs.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-put-an-image-in-the-logon-screen-262238.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi
1 month ago, i've installed windows 7 and i'm lovin it.
I have already changed my logon picture but i saw one thing that interested me.
someone knows how to do what is seen in the picture, how to move that

A:logon screen change. help

Quote: Originally Posted by pajolool

hi
1 month ago, i've installed windows 7 and i'm lovin it.
I have already changed my logon picture but i saw one thing that interested me.
someone knows how to do what is seen in the picture, how to move that

How to move that?
What that are you trying to move? that background is built into win 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/87226-logon-screen-change-help.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to change the background of the logon screen similar to the way www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_logon_background_changer/ does for Windows 7.

I'm guessing there will be one eventually if there is not one now.

Thanks

A:customize the logon screen

You may mean:

Charms Bar - settings - Change PC settings - PC's and Devices - Lock screen.

Lock Screen - Background Image - Change in Windows 8

OR

Lock Screen Default Background Image - Change in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/45661-customize-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Yeah i know its possible to change the backround on windows 7 logon, but is there any way to move the display picture and the password blank to a different place on the logon screen? possiblty a registry key edit?

A:Custom logon screen

This worked for Vista but i haven't tried it for w7 yet

here are just few simple basic tricks for customizing logon in vista

open Authui.dll

changing text colors:
go to
UIFILE > 11000

User Name : Line 451
Status Text: Line 466
Connect Message: Line 60
Switch User Button: Line 187

line it shoud look like this: foreground = "white"
you can replace "white" with name of the color or
you use this: argb(0,0,0,0) insted of color name.
What "argb" means: a=Alpha (i think), r=Red g=Green b=Blue
Values must be in " " <-- i dont know how is this called :]

user list:
go to
UIFILE > 11000
line 112

Changing height:
line it shoud look like this:

Code:
<element resid="UserListTemplate" height="475rp" sheet="UsersStyle" layoutpos="client" layout="filllayout()">
here you can change hight of user list
value for hight looks like this:

Code:
height="475rp"
just change 475 with size you want

Chnge width:
line it shoud look like this:

Code:
<element resid="UserListTemplate" height="475" sheet="UsersStyle" layoutpos="client" layout="filllayout()">
now replace line 112 with this:

Code:
<element resid="UserListTemplate" width="480rp" height="190rp" sheet="UsersStyle" layoutpos="client" layout="filllayout()">
i just added Width="480rp" value before height, yes is that simple
now you can change width of user list
value for hight looks like this:

Code:
width="480rp"
just change 480 with size you want

Note:
changing size of user list will also affect password entering page!!!
i recomend minimum width and height of 330rp

Status animation:
go to
UIFILE > 11000
line 75

change size:
modify

Code:
width="20rp" height="20rp"
if you dont want to have animation change "20rp" to 0rp on both hight and width

size of User picture on entering password page

change size of overlay:
go to
line 570 and 571

lines shoud look like this

Code:
width = "190rp"
height = "190rp"
change 190rp with size you want

change margins:
go to line 584
line shoud look like this

Code:
padding="rect(32rp, 32rp, 32rp, 32rp)"
how margins work Left, Top, Right, Bottom

change 32rp

change size of user picture
go to
line 654 and 655

lines shoud look like this

Code:
width = "126rp"
height = "126rp"
change 126rp with size you want

Note:
You will also need to change size of picture overlay (Bitmap 11142) image !!!

Password:

change size of Submit Button:
go to
line 110

Code:
<Button id="atom(Submit)" width="30rp" height="30rp" accessible="true" accrole="43" layout="flowlayout(0,2,0,2)" class = "SubmitButton"/>
change 30rp in width="30rp"and height="30rp" to size you want

Change how far is submit button from password field:
go to
line 746

Code:
margin = "rect(4rp, 0rp, 0rp, 0rp)"
how margins work Left, Top, Right, Bottom

Password entering field:
Lines:
708: width of password field image
709: height of password field image
711: margins of password field image (margin = "rect(Left, Top, Right, Bottom)")
712: defines margins where the password entering field will be based on background
image of password field (borderthickness = "rect(Left, Top, Right, Bottom)")

User list scroll bar:

enable bitmap 11115:

what is bitmap 11115:
Bitmap 11115 is overlay of user list scroll bar (if you look on left side of your screen you will se 3 vertical... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/65789-custom-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.43%

How do I remove the Logon screen on a Win2K Pro system? I keeps asking for a username and password. Thanks!

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All ,

I am new to this community, as far as posting and such. I have come here often to read through some of the other discussions, mostly pertaining to software.

At this point, I must say that I am at a loss LOL....seems a friend that was on a mission..snuck up on me and changed the password that is required to log on to the windows screen of XP. This system operates my tax business, which is owned and operated by an external agency. If I cannot regain acess to these systems, my company and general business may be at risk.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Jennifer

A:Windows Xp Logon Screen

Welcome to Bleeping Computer DCurvezZ. I hope that this is a really good friend of yours, as one of subjects that are Not allowed on the forum are ones whose purpose is to defeat security measures.Bleeping Computer Board Rules.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101489/windows-xp-logon-screen/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

i dont have much exp modding win OS's but i would like to know if any1 has tried to use an animated GIF to replace your logon icon.

thanks
Remotefield

A:Animated GIF at the Logon screen

You could start with this: Log On Screen - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/67392-animated-gif-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I see this has been asked a few times but the threads never seem to Screen Black after Logon get to an answer that can help me directly so I'm posting my own Black Screen after Logon issue here My brother in law has a laptop he did a windows update and now once he logs in he gets a black screen with a working cursor and nothing else It will load into safe mode but safe mode doesn't actually let me do anything The startup repair came up with nothing and there are no fall-back reversion points I e to take comp back to before it did the Black Screen after Logon updates Note I Black Screen after Logon have my B-I-L's comments that he was doing windows updates I wouldn't put it past him if he was duped into downloading a 'critical' update that was actually the complete opposite If I could do anything on the comp I would do a malware scan but can't so didn't By following instructions in another thread I was able to get a FRST log which i've included below Does this sense to anyone Thanks in advance for any help light shedding Cheers John Mod Edit Removed FRST log data malware tool NOT USED in this forum - Hamluis

A:Black Screen after Logon

Try using the system file checker as detailed here: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/run-sfc-offline-windows-7-vista/. Run a full scan on the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566119/black-screen-after-logon/
Relevancy 43.43%

Good Morning to all,

Came across this site today, and would like to say thank you, thank you, thank you. I have already downloaded the thundercats clocks... big smile on my face lol

Anyway, back to my point. I have changed the logon screen background to an awesome image, I was just wondering, is there anyway of getting rid of the 'Windows 7' logo/word across the center bottom?

Thanks

Jody

A:Logon Screen Logo

click start and in the search box, type msconfig and press Enter. Now in the System Configuration Utility, click Boot, check NO GUI BOOT and click Apply and OK. Restart.

However, it may also stop your own custom background. Worth a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/27922-logon-screen-logo.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Prior to purchasing a new notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium x64, I used a notebook with Windows XP Professional. I really liked the Windows XP Pro logon box (see attached image).

Is there a similar logon screen available should I upgrade to Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate?

A:Windows 7 Logon Screen/XP Pro?

There's no way you can get the xp logon screen to work with windows 7. But you can change the background logon screen image in 7. Otherwise if you like the xp logon screen, then stick with xp.

Log On Screen - Change

or

7 Logon Screen Manager by ~vasanrulez on deviantART

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/67723-windows-7-logon-screen-xp-pro.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I want to change my logon and boot screen in xp and ever since i did the xp updates it will not allow me to do this it actually crashes my os and i have to format to recover. Anyone got any suggestions?

A:cannot change logon screen xp

Try logging on as an administrator to make the change,if it works,then your problem is that your user account needs to be given administrative access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-change-logon-screen-xp.218744/