Windows Support Forum

Sound from LCD to Tower

Q: Sound from LCD to Tower

I have a Dell 17"" LCD TV/Monitor. The only way I've found to have the sound play through the computer's sound system is to run a line from the earphone jack on on LCD to a "hole" on the tower. Actually did that once upon a time. However, when moving everything to a new desk, we unplugged ALL the cables, lines, whathaveyou. Now, no one can find the bloody slot, hole, or whatever it is that the line from the earphone jack is to go into. Please be rather explicit as I'm in a wheelchair, and thanks to my new set up I can't actually see the back of the tower. My helpers are able to do so, but don't have a clue as to what anything is on the back. Thanks much, Jack My system: Windows XP. Dell 2300.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-from-lcd-to-tower.374501/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sound from LCD to Tower

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 17.2%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have recently purchased a new HP Ultrabook Folio1040. After few days of use I noticed I could hear a clicking noise comming from my laptop, this noise you can only hear if the room is silent. any idea ?

I have replaced a new Sandisk 256 gb SSD hard drive with 128 ssd. is it normal to hear this sound ? speakers are on mute.

but sound only comes when I move my laptop ...when it is on flat surface the sound sometimes stops sometimes keep coming slowly. Thanks in advance.

A:HP Ultrabook Folio1040 Clicking Sound

Does the "click" sound only happen when you are moving the mouse or scrolling the wheel or anything (Basically, doing anything on the computer?)

If so the processor could just have a small click sound coming as it's processing, I've noticed this with a few system but most don't do it.

You say it has an SSD and not a HDD, so it shouldn't be the hard drive making the noise as there's no physical parts moving, it operates similarly to RAM. Otherwise I would see if it sounds like it's coming from where the Fan is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-ultrabook-folio1040-clicking-sound.208815/
Relevancy 18.49%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, as the title suggests I've got a bit of a sound problem:

I wish to record some of my digital sound (e.g. my friends in Skype) using Audacity and stereo mix. However, using the built-in stereo mix record feature Audacity has, no sound is being recorded. So I checked out the stereo mix device under 'recording devices' in 'Sound' and found that it was not detecting any sound at all.

I'm not totally sure as to how all it's settings must be, but it's like this now:

Listen to: enabled
Playback through: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)

The device is set to be 'used' ofcourse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Marty

A:No sound coming through 'stereo mix' device

Go to Edit -> Preferences and to the 'Audio I/O' or 'Devices' tab, and make sure the the audio INPUT is set to the source you want to hear from, in this case, the pc sound card or such, apparently Windows 7 does not change the input device when you select the Stereo Mix function for some reason.

If that's not the case, maybe your sound driver isn't allowing the stereo mix to work, you can try the Control Panel configuring method, which you can find at the audacity website (i can't set up links yet, but go to wiki.audacityteam.org/ and add this: index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Control_Panel) [sorry for this, but it's for a good reason, i'm not a bot/spam ]
kind of a pain to read through and configure everything, but will fix the issue.

If you don't want any trouble at all, you can just plug you speaker in the PC's 'Line In' plug (the blue one), and set Audacity's Input device to "Line in" or such.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-through-stereo-mix-device.173670/
Relevancy 16.34%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello, Im using Medion Akoya laptop, win 7 32bit.. The problem started 4-5 months ago when sound just stopped after a few minutes of use, and as time passed sound worked shorter and shorter, a month ago it worked just so I could hear the windows starting sound, and it stopped after a few secs.. Now I cant even hear it.. But when I plug in headphones or other speakers it works.. I tried reinstalling windows, playing with the drivers and sound options in device manager, tried everything I could find on google.. But either its my low understanding of what people say or just a different problem (I never found a post that had the SAME problem as me).. Please help me if u can, I want to sell my laptop and I cant do that like this..

A:Laptop sound problem

Update : I installed the soundcard drivers that I found for this exact laptop, uninstalled drivers that were installed with windows update, installed the driver I downloaded, system sounds worked properly untill I went to youtube and watched a video for like 30 secs.. then it just stopped like it used to when this problem first showed up..
Also I noticed that when laptop goes to saving mode, or whatever(screen goes black) like a black screen saver, and when I move the mouse a bit to wake it and continue the video, it has sound, but stops after a while again..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sound-problem.216439/
Relevancy 33.54%

Asus announced a bevy of new products earlier today at Computex but one thing you might have missed is this transforming desktop PC chassis. Crafted with help from In Win, this unique convertible case from Asus' ROG division takes the...

Read more

A:Asus ROG, In Win show off practical transforming PC tower at Computex

"Practical" is debatable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rog-in-win-show-off-practical-transforming-pc-tower-at-computex.213595/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello All,
Let me start by describing my setup. I have my desktop computer connected to my ultra 4k tv via a 20 ft hdmi cable. A couple of days ago I noticed that when I play a video file from my computer the sound is skipping and popping. However, when I play a pc game on the tv using the same setup the sound is fine. When I watch the same file on my computer it works perfectly, so I know it isn't the video file. Also, I tried a different hdmi cable and the problem persists, so I know it isn't the cable. Prior to this new problem everything was working fine. I have reinstalled my video cards drivers, but this didn't fix the problem.

My computer:
msi motherboard
processor: Intel core i5 - 3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System Type: 64 - bit operating system (windows 7 ultimate)
display adapter: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

My TV:
Vizio 43" ultra 4k tv

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

A:Sound is skipping

Have you tried to hook it up to another television via the HDMI cable and see if the problem persists? What program (software) do you use to watch the videos? I personally like VLC media player, because you can adjust the sound timing if needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-skipping.213543/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Vista Home Premium bit pc sp I have an audio problem The audio usually works perfect This is the second time in monts external sound from No speakers that for some reason it just doesn t get thru the speakers Although they sound like they are working perfect I have external speakers and the LED light is on to show the power is on If I turn the speaker on off it appears the sound is excellent On the speaker icon in the taskbar there is no red line through it All volumes appear fine When I right click speaker icon left click playback devices there is one icon quot speakers quot Realtek High Definition Audio checkmarked quot working quot Everything on the bottom is greyed out There is no yellow warnings under device manager When I click on sound it says quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot Right clicking for properities bring up the device is working properly The light is lit on my networks card is that what it s called My sister used the headphones a few days ago and said No sound from external speakers there hasn t been sound since although when I plugged them in there was no sound thru the headphones OR the speakers Speakers ARE working Attached is the DxDiag file My sister thanks you a million in advance for any instructions we can follow nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-external-speakers.212794/
Relevancy 18.49%

I went back to a restore point .Now I have no playback device other than my headset . It has sound on my headset but not through the speakers.and this comp. has a built in speaker and used to play, when I go to device manager under sound,I see my headset and 4 Nvidia High Definition Audio nothing wrong with any of it..I tried to update the drivers but it said they were all updated ... what am I missing?

A:Sound from headset but not speakers

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-from-headset-but-not-speakers.186739/
Relevancy 21.5%

My usb keyboard and mouse stop working for abt 30 sec or so when I put my phone in charging mode with one of my usb ports...will it be safer to get a usb sound card or an internal pci sound card?.I prefer the usb sound card for its portability;especially if I shift to notebook platform. but I am worried about not getting enough juice through the usb port to power the sound amplifier since I have connected quite a number of devices on existing usb ports.. choices are either,'asus xonar DG' internal pci sound card or 'creative sound blaster play 2 usb sound card'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-sound-card-or-internal-pci-sound-card.212527/
Relevancy 18.92%

Okay Everyone This time I'm really not sure if this is in the right forum.

My new Laptop sounds, to me, like transistor radio when I play music.
Sure it has Dolby. But. With two tiny speakers on the bottom, it doesn't
seem to help much
Today I fixed the problem. I plugged in the sound system I used on my desktop PC.
2 XA3021 Altec Lansing speakers, with a matching Altec Lansing XA3021 sub woofer.
I've had them for about 10 years now, and they still sound really good.
Here's my question. Does the Dolby that comes with the Laptop only work with the built in speakers
or does it extend to my Altec Lansing speakers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-quality.212213/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 18.49%

So, I built a PC years ago and kept a few things from my old unit.
Sound and video card.
Sound card didn't work with the new system so I'm running it onboard. Sounds okay, but I'd like to update it!
Video card is beyond old. Just picked up SimCity for 10 bucks and it looks like crap. Has to play on low settings.

Here's what I have:
Core i7 950 running at 3.07
6MB Ram (thinking of going to 8 here)
64bit OS Windows 7 home premium

ATI Radeon 5450. (NOT HD) I've looked for the card online and can't even find a picture of it.

What should I be looking for in terms of a video card to last me for years to come?
Santa left me a nice check for Xmas so money isn't really an issue!

Here's a pic of the PC (graphics card is taken out from the missing PCIe slot)

A:PC needs some new parts (Graphics and sound)

Wow. Bestselling card on Amazon is $359.99
I wasn't thinking of spending more than $200...I don't game that much and just want a much-needed upgrade!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-needs-some-new-parts-graphics-and-sound.207740/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a laptop and I'm using Razer Kraken Neon Pro. Microphone takes everything from headset, that I can't play games and talk through skype with my friends. The sound is just too high for them. My brother got Razer Kraken Neon Pro too, but on desktop pc, still the same problem.

Windows 7 my pc, Windows 8 my brother's pc. I have IDT sound device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-is-taking-the-sound-from-my-headset.207735/
Relevancy 17.63%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 18.49%

So today out of nowhere, "well previouslly I installed game called "TERA" and after it this started but I unistalled it and it's still the same" when I listen to music, any sounds especially when sounds get louder, sound starts to cracklle, familiar to static but crackle, also when I play games, fps is lower now, it sometimes freezes, crackled when game appears to make sound and etc. Sometimes video card turns off and on bottom right it says "Nvidia bla bal bla has stoped working, reconnected bla bla" I have no idea what that is, I changed my Headphones to other ones, I checked temperature of both CPU and GPU, are both fine 30-50~ as it usually is. Unistalled game that it (might off coincidentally) ruin it but I doubt it was that.
I really need help, reinstalling windows and downloading all the stuff with slow internet again will be pain for me.
p.s I installed new drivers for video card too. PLEASE HELP

A:Sound crackle, game lag

Also this thing crashed out of nowhere too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-crackle-game-lag.205307/
Relevancy 18.92%

Here is the problem I just recently was given a laptop. I was told that it was hooked up to a tv with HDMI but, there was sound on the laptop. I am running Windows 7 Premium HP Pavilion g7-1318dx Notebook PC
Serial Number: 6CF2085XDS Product Number: A7A43UAR . I have no sound with just notebook speakers. I have went to the HP driver download site and tried to download the audio drivers. I receive a warning " The Hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. Install will now abort." There are 3 Audio downloads on the Hp website none work. The speaker Icon down by the clock with a red X on it when you do a mouse roll over it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I have tried headphones still no sound. I have also tried to the windows trouble shooter and it says it detects no problems. Play back devices is only showing Digital Audio (HDMI) High definition Audio device not plugged in. Recording says there are no audio devises are installed in. I have tried everything any help would be appreciated.

A:No sound no matter what

I think that you need an extra lead because HDMI gives picture only. The lead I have has a mini stereo jackplug at one end which goes into the computer's headphones socket and two phono plugs (white and yellow) at the other to plug into the TV's audio input at the back. You should then be able to work out how to set up the sound via Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-no-matter-what.206720/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello ,
I have a very strange problem with my sound card and Here is the details ....
My sound Card was working well the day before ...I was just recording from line in and running the audio recorded from line in and no problems occurred ...
Next Day I found that there is no sound and the speaker and the line in and microphone all not working and showing that they were "Not Plugged In"
I tried to reinstall the driver and I even tried to reinstall the windows But this was useless . I also installed the new driver but didn't work
the sound manager showing that they are working fine but ther are not plugged in
and the weird thing is that the optical port "which is part of the sound card " is working fine this means that the sound card isn't faulty or burnt out ??
this is the picture

please Help me .........
thanks in advance

A:Sound Card Weird Problem

Is it that you have selected Digital Audio (S/PDIF) as 'default'. so the speakers cannot be, at the same time.
Right click on 'Speakers' icon, is there an 'Enable' option?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-weird-problem.206014/
Relevancy 18.49%

My old computer is crapping out and yes I know I need a new one. But in the meantime, it is telling me I have no soundcard. I am attaching my dxdiag report... Please help...

A:Sound card not working

Go to device manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-working.204903/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a sennheiser HD 202 and I am not able to hear any sound from the right side. I have to hold the cable in a position rhen it works. So what shall do now? Is there any chance of bringing it to normal state?

A:Sennheiser HD 202 sound not working

It's probably one of the wires inside the headphone lead has broken.
Does the same problem happen on all devices you plug the headphones into?
Or just one thing, say your PC for instance? (could it be a laptop headphone socket?)
If the problem is with all devices, ipods, pc's etc, then it's the headphone lead broken inside. If you can solder small wires and parts, you could change the lead yourself, but if the headphones are less than a year old you should return them under guarantee.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sennheiser-hd-202-sound-not-working.205645/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello I have a touchsmart 300 and it has no sound from the speakers or headphone jack. I have tried the troubleshoot thing and it dont recognize anything wrong with them. please help. ive tried updating the driver and it says it is updated. so lost. thanks.

A:Touchsmart 300 no sound

Did your pc have working sound when new?
Check the volume level, it's easy to turn it right down or mute it.
Check if the speakers are selected by going to the speaker icon in tray near the current time.
Right click on speaker icon, choose 'playback devices'.
A new box appears, with a speaker and it should have a green tick over it.
Right click on the icon and choose the option 'test', you should hear audio tones.
If you don't have a green tick, right click on icon and choose 'enable'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchsmart-300-no-sound.205628/
Relevancy 33.97%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey there,

I've been playing crysis 3 a lot lately and it usually run's my GPU temp around 65-70 degree's ( MSI GeForce GTX 770 4GB TWIN FROZR ) I know the card is suppose to run up to 80 degree's no problem but I was just wondering if I played at these higher temps for 3-5 hours at a time. Would that be to much stress in terms of heat on the GPU ??
I have the Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case> I have just the stock fans in it and I was looking to add more. I was just wondering if people have preference over tower fans ? if so what are some good ones and why ?

A:GPU Temps and Tower Fans

Even 85C for extended periods is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temps-and-tower-fans.204260/
Relevancy 18.92%

My PC stops producing sound after 15 minutes or so when I turn it on I tried refreshing it but still no good.It is a sony Vaio windous 8

A:My PC Sound

It may be an issue with either the hardware or the drivers. Let's try updating the driver first. Can you take a screenshot of what is under the "Sound, video, and game controller" section in the device manager? You can access the device manager by going to the start menu and searching for "Device Manager".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-sound.204086/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello I am new but methods laptop to all it No known and sound fix fail on I find this community to be very informative and friendly so I decided to give it a go I tried several other forums they all fail to find a solution No sound on laptop and all known methods fail to fix it to my problem First off let me fill you in on what the situation is I bought a new HDD for my laptop because the last one got corrupted and I had to change it So I got the new one It was completely fresh out of the shop so I went and installed windows ultimate x and everything was great until my sound mysteriously dissappeared I didn t panic and I went and installed some proper drivers like I always do when this happens I got them from my laptop s brand site and it was the exact match for my sound device so I am sure my drivers are correct And it fixed it for like minutes and then it went off again I restarted the laptop - sound got back - minutes later boom no sound again A restart fixed and so on and so on Basicly a restart fixes it but it is unbearable to have to restart your laptop every minutes I tried restarting the audio service from the quot services msc quot that worked too for like minutes and with every next restart it worked less and less efficient when it got to the point that when I restart the service the audio dissappears again in a few seconds So far I tried basicly anything and nothing worked The thing that bothers me is that a restart service restart fixes it Why is that That makes me think it is not a hardware problem and it is something to do with the software Oh yeah and I considered the OS to be a corrupted install But it s not I tried putting on a new one and it s the same thing And the audio ports are fine too The default sound device is correct too and I even see the green bar going up and down when playing music but I just don t hear any sound That s it I think but I may be leaving some other method I tried out so please tell me your opinions Thank you in advance and have a nice day P S System restore does not work since this started from the very first log in the OS There is nothing I can restore back to And even if I did it would stop minutes after that so nbsp

A:No sound on laptop and all known methods fail to fix it

Go into the properties for the audio service.

Make sure it's set to automatic startup.
Go to 'Recovery' tab. Set the drop-downs to 'Restart the Service'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-laptop-and-all-known-methods-fail-to-fix-it.203859/
Relevancy 18.49%

Recently sound has not been coming through my speakers, so I tried to plug in headphones and headset but no further luck. I then went into control panel then sound and check the settings on my playback and nothing was touched or muted etc. I then went to the Speakers and Headphones in sound right clicked and pressed test and it said "The device is being used by another application. Please close any devices that are playing through this device." but no other applications that I could find that would be using it. My prediction is that having no internet protection for a while and downloading off the internet has caused a virus to cause my audio to become mute, if this is so how would I be able to find this application causing it. AVG isnt picking it up.

A:No sound caused by a Virus/Program?

Broni, from the Virus and Malware Removal forum doesn't think it is malware related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-caused-by-a-virus-program.203961/
Relevancy 18.49%

Just recently, my laptop suddenly became mute. This occurred while I was watching a video. My laptop put itself to hibernation or something, because it was running out of battery life. After I recontinued my session, I had no sound at all. I've tried several attempts to fix this, but to no avail. When I plug in my earphones and try to hear from them, they work perfectly fine, but when I unplug them, everything becomes mute.

If anyone can, please help.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005 with Windows 7 64-bit.

P.S.
Attached to this post is a summary generated by CPUID PC-Wizard.

A:No sound coming from my laptop

Hi Sunaru,

With your headphones unplugged, does your volume meter in the tray icon area (bottom right) indicate volume at a reasonable level? Sounds like the drivers are working OK, might be something simple hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-laptop.189213/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

I have recently built a desktop computer, that had minor issues that I had eventually worked around or found a solution to. This issue is an exception. When I first used my computer, everything was fine with sound, until I found that my graphics card was not inserted correctly, and I was running with terrible resolution. After fixing this issue, I had no sound. This was about 10 months ago. On and off throughout this period I began to try and fix this issue, by disconnected and uninstalling my GPU. I launched skype and trying calling someone, but it alerted me that my sound card was missing. I know this is not true, so I have 3 main theories: 1. The sound card was fried (not likely). 2. My graphics card audio overrode the onboard audio, 3. The two (GPU and sound card) were operating on the same frequency. As I have said before, I had sound before I re-installed my graphics card, so I would either appreciate a solution to switch back to onboard audio, or a way to use both somehow.
Specs: Motherboard: ASUS P8z77
Graphics Card: Nvida Ge Force 670
Processor: Intel i7 core.

A:Cannot use speakers/headphones: Sound card is missing?

Please respond, this issue has been pressing me for almost a year, and I would really like it to be resolved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-use-speakers-headphones-sound-card-is-missing.203668/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi, whenever I play movies on Blu Ray or DVD, from my PS3, the levels are always off to me. The effects and music are always really loud while the dialogue is very quiet. I find myself having to turn it way up during scenes with a lot of talking then having to dive for the mute button when any action scenes come up before my neighbours bang on the door.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue only by going through the settings ??

A:Low sound quality

What is the sound coming out of? If it's anything short of a 3-channel system (Left, right, centre) then you're gonna have a hard time hearing the talking on any movie. It's just how the *****s mix the audio, unfortunately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-sound-quality.203672/
Relevancy 34.83%

A few years back I was talking with a friend about dust bunnies in a tower & how to keep them out.
I had a somewhat odd idea of using a case covering somewhat like a pillow case to do such. It gets dirty,take it off & put another one on. Much like an air filter in a car. Does that sound ridicules or not?? Just curious.

A:Keeping dust out of a tower

Might keep 80% of the dust out, but not all would be stopped. Could also get in the way of case cooling, by entrapping heat insde.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keeping-dust-out-of-a-tower.203506/
Relevancy 18.92%

When I connect my headset to the front it I receive msg. that I connect mic, and I'm sure that I connect it in the right way,when I connect it in the green one in the back it says that I connected it in the orange ! I had this problems after bios update!

A:Sound problem

Verify that you used the correct bios update. You could have accidentally installed a bios meant for a similar model computer that just happens to mostly work for yours. If that is not the case, you could always try to revert back to an older bios to see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem.203264/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys Just got my new Sound Blaster Everything phenomenal Blaster sounds videos Youtube Sound Z: except Z in the mail this morning After some research I found that I Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos should set Windows Sound settings to Speakers non-full range in order to best utilize the SB drivers I use a pair of Razer Carcharias stereo headset I don Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos t have speakers Supposedly by doing this and turning on SBX Surround I ll get simulated surround in games and listen to stereo music just fine simply by turning off SBX Surround when doing so Well games sound great with simulated surround FLACs stored on my computer sound great and crisp no matter what Windows is set to Stereo or BUT Youtube videos sound awful In order to get Youtube videos to sound good I need to go into Windows CP and set the sound options to Stereo Speakers Once I do it goes back to sounding great again It should be noted that I only use Youtube for music As unlikely as it may sound YT is an amazing resource for classical music You can find a lot of performances by different conductors orchestras or soloists if a solo piece and Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos you can create your own playlists It s kind of a big deal to me Everything else about the card is amazing Windows x Latest Firefox Latest Creative drivers Jan as of this post Problem The sound loses clarity it becomes muddy and the bass is way over the top If I crank the volume too high the sound becomes distorted Not pleasant at all This doesn t happen in the slightest with music stored on my hard drive only YT nbsp

A:Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos

Hey Coxis,

The behavior that you explained can be fixed if you set the adobe flash player to 'follow' your soundcard settings. If you're on 64-bit windows, go to:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\

Open MMS.CFG and add this line:

UseWAVPlayer=1

Worked perfectly for my 5.1 setup. Youtube audio was previously stuck on its own upmix (a.k.a simulated surround) settings and ignored my soundcard settings.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-everything-sounds-phenomenal-except-youtube-videos.202558/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi everyone,
I've bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D a year ago.
It works awsome ! But this morning it was off the light and cannot work while plug in any computers.
I am very bored and nervous, I think it was broken down and cannot work anymore.
Am I right ?
Please say NO and help me
Thank you very much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-blaster-wirless-doesnt-work.202270/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello My sound chip on my board was blew for no reason bad thing only being a month old bored and I am not waiting days to rma it and for me to get it back anyway I managed to pick up a old sound card not sure on the model Motherboard? Work. Not Maybe Did Sound Card that worked fine for three days then stopped outputing audio so I bought a sound card intex cmi that did not have the bit wndows dirvers and everytime I turned the computer off the machine would not detect the card I then I have to press the reset button or turn the system a few times to get the card to be recognized again and I could not also find the drivers for the OS Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? I checked at the back of the cards box and it says bit pci bus master What does the mean could that be that the card was not compatible for the stystem or could it be the motherboard I tried a nvidia video card in the Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? PCI-E slot and the card works fine with no faults The sound card was using the PCI slot and I tried every PCI slot My Motherboard asrock fm a x extreme Thanks nbsp

A:Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard?

I tested in a very old card from 2001 or 2004 something like that and it appears there's power going through the card so that's the plus.
Maybe it's because I'm using old crap and the sound card model is old?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-did-not-work-maybe-motherboard.202240/
Relevancy 18.06%

Just bought thermal take challenger ultimate keyboard and having a problem when when I plugin the keyboard it override the windows sound and goes off, tried with 2 pcs win 7 and win 8 same thing no sound
want a solution

A:Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate overrides Windows' sound

Got the same problem..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thermaltake-challenger-ultimate-overrides-windows-sound.185346/
Relevancy 18.92%

I've been having issues with getting a descent/loud sound from my microphone. The audio is at 100% and microphone boost is at 20db. Still really low.

Not sure if it has anything to do with my soundcard. The sound works fine if I have the mic in my mouth, except I don't want to have it in my mouth whenever I need to speak. (skype etc) Any solutions?

A:Really low mic sound

Has this mic worked better in the past or has it always sounded low? I assume you want to use your motherboard's built-in Realtek audio chip for the mic, so make sure that Realtek is the default device for playback and recording in Control Panel/Sound, and check all settings there and in Realtek control panel. Also get the latest driver for your Realtek ALC xxx. The driver may have been replaced by a generic Windows driver - check for driver author and version in Device Manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-low-mic-sound.200698/
Relevancy 18.92%

I bought steelseries siberia v2 non USB and when I got them they haven't been working. Microphone or sound. They do work on my ipod at least! I'm running windows 8. When I first plug them in, my computer doesn't recognize them. To at least get SOMETHING to recognize, I have to go into my realtek audio driver control panel, and CHECK [disable front jack detection]. After I check that, my computer recognizes a (SPEAKERS) and (MICROPHONE) from realtek, both of which play nothing. I have tried reinstalling drivers, reverting drivers, new drivers, I have tried plugging into different jacks, I have tried making it my default device, I have tried everything I can think of. Can you help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-headset-no-sound.200626/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey Guys...

So my Packard Bell Easy Note MX37-S-200 has suddenly started making persistent " Crackling " and " Popping" noises from the moment I boot it. The noise is coming from the speakers and the sound is now distorted. I have very recently got it back from the repair shop after having my AC jack replaced... I would really like to rule everything out before I start pointing fingers at the repair guy

Things I have tried - Disabling sound driver - Noise was still there and laptop just installed it again.

Running avast scan through it - Scan picked up nothing.

Played with the sound setting - Nothing changed noise still there.

Plugged in PC speakers - Noise still coming from laptop but sound came out of the speakers fine.

I have noticed also that when the laptop first starts up the noise is louder and more spaced out. I'm wondering maybe whether it is the fan? But I don't no why the noise would be coming from the speakers.

Would really appreciate any help
Thank you

A:Crackling noise coming from laptop speakers + sound distorted

My guess is that based on the information provided that the wires for the speakers have either been damaged or crossed in some way where they are touching something they shouldn't causing distortion. My advice would be to take it back and tell them whats going on and make sure to have them fix it for free if they opened it and caused this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackling-noise-coming-from-laptop-speakers-sound-distorted.200500/
Relevancy 18.49%

I just installed a GTX 760 into my computer which previously had an AMD card. After I installed the card, my Realtek HD Audio Manager decided to stop working.

When I plug audio devices in, it no longer has a window pop up alerting me that I've plugged something in. After opening Realtek HD I saw that nothing plugged in was being detected, except for DIGITAL. Picture below is what I see.

In Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound, it says nothing is plugged in in both Playback and Recording except Realtek Digital Output. I can't set anything as default because it is greyed out.

I've tried restarting, reinstalling the drivers(via Device Manager), a system restore to when it was working, nothing has worked so far.
I'm running Windows 7.

Wondering what is wrong? Sound was working fine before I installed the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-realtek-not-detecting-anything-plugged-in-no-sound.200364/
Relevancy 18.92%

Acer travelmate Model BY Operating system Windows XP wth servicepack Hi After being reinstalled windows xp the sound of my laptop has been disabled The icon of sound in the right bottom of the screen has been gone And now I got different sound errors sometimes when I go to - start all programs accessries entertainment volume control and then disabled is Sound click I got the error that quot there is no active mixer device avaiable On control panel when I click on sound and audio devices I found all the options related to Sound is disabled sound are being disabled I also checked out the harware section on MY Comuter the sounds drivers are there but something goes wrong Sound is disabled with respect to that I have already downloaded audio vga and someother drivers from us acer com ac en us content drivers and installed them but the problem is still there that is the sound is disabled I would really appreciate on this forum if I can get the solution from someone with respect to that sound problem I am facing I can t want to open my laptop s harware because I cant do that BinNyen nbsp

A:Sound is disabled

Well, considering the fact that XP expires http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/endofsupport.aspx
You're probably better off going to W7 or W8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-disabled.198336/
Relevancy 18.49%

I've been having a rather irritating problem with my NVIDIA graphics card. Ever since I installed the card, it has been outputting sound through the card instead of through my onboard audio. Since I do not want to purchase an HDMI to DVI cable to play sound through my monitor, I was wondering how to redirect the audio to play through my motherboard so I can hear sound again. I have tried resetting BIOS settings, reinstalling all drivers for sound card, motherboard, and gpu, and I have poked around 100's of forums, and tried everything. I'm even considering buying a different brand of card because this stupid thing has created so many problems.

A:How do I output sound through my ASUS Motherboard?

Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar. Select playback devices and see if you have an option other than HDMI. I have 4 HDMI ports in addition to Speakers and "Speakers" is the default device on my machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-output-sound-through-my-asus-motherboard.198828/
Relevancy 18.49%

Just picked up a Logitech HD Pro C920 and love it. Looks great...but for some reason the audio is...weird.
It sound maybe a little 'muffled'...I don't really want to say 'choppy', but it's close.
System should be more than equipped to handle everything....
i7 processor
6GB Ram
Windows 7 premium 64 bit
I know I have different USBs inside...2.0 and 3.0....but I'm not positive which is which...wondering if this would make a difference?
I'm using onboard sound instead of my old (out of date) soundcard

Really love the HD recording but I have to have better sound!
Thanks for any help

A:Audio doesn't sound right

Switched to the (clearly labeled) USB 3.0 didn't notice a difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-doesnt-sound-right.198735/
Relevancy 18.49%

Acer travelmate Model BY Operating system Windows XP wth servicepack Hi After being reinstalled windows xp the sound of my laptop has been disabled The icon of sound in the right bottom of the screen has been gone And now disabled of being my windows is Laptop after Sound xp reinstalling I got different sound errors sometimes when I go to - start all programs accessries entertainment volume control and then click I got the error that quot there is no active mixer device avaiable On control panel when I click on Sound is being disabled after reinstalling windows xp of my Laptop sound and audio devices I found all the options related to sound are being disabled I also checked out the harware section on MY Comuter the sounds drivers are there but something goes wrong with respect to that I have already downloaded audio vga and someother drivers from us acer com ac en us content drivers and installed them but the problem is still there that is the sound is disabled I would really appreciate on this forum if I can get the solution from someone with respect to that sound problem I am facing I can t want to open my laptop s harware because I cant do that BinNyen nbsp

A:Sound is being disabled after reinstalling windows xp of my Laptop

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-being-disabled-after-reinstalling-windows-xp-of-my-laptop.198314/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi I was wondering can anybody help with the sound on my computer please as we have had none for about 3 weeks now thanks

A:No sound device

Please make sure ALL connections are snug. What OS are you using? XP,W7,W8 ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-device.198384/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello all, this is David!

I'm having a problem with my laptop speakers. When the PC arrived they were all magic and the sound was great but now there's a buzzing sound when the PC volume goes 50%+ or even lower. I can't really tell much more. I only happens with some songs, not all. And it's really annoying. This are supposed to be good speakers, but it happens everywhere, with or without ac adapter, home not home... I don't know what to do since I don't know very much about audio.

Thank you very much, I hope you can help me!

A:Dell XPS L501X JBL speakers 2.1 buzzing sound

The audio driver may have become corrupted. Make sure you run Windows Update over and over again until ALL updates have been installed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-l501x-jbl-speakers-2-1-buzzing-sound.164866/
Relevancy 18.49%

OK, I think I have a soundblaster x-fi mb from creative. My surround sound 5:1 speakers, when I use windows to test them, they work fine. All of them. However, when I play, for example, a music clip which is supposed to test them I find that the 2 at the sides of my room dont work. When I played a game however, I heard a small sound coming out of them. I suspect that I jsut have to go into the control panel and change the volume. I think.

When I try to open the console launcher it says this:
There are no supported audio devices available. You need to close the application. Click OK to close the application now.

I need help, I tried to re install the drivers but that didn't seem to do much.

A:Sound Card Problem

You need to post the make and model of your computer or laptop. Plus system specs. This way someone can help you better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-problem.197914/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi so I ve been having issues with the sound on my laptop for a while now I had the red x my on with sound laptop Issues next to my speaker icon for a few months and I assumed this was because my sound card was done and I needed a new one I finally got around to messing with it today and Issues with sound on my laptop I found that my drivers were out of date I updated them and restarted my computer The red x was gone but I m still not getting sound out of my laptop speakers I ve messed with the sliders disabled and re-enabled the device even tried plugging in external speakers to play through there I ve noticed that when I do adjust the volume on the slider it responds as if the laptop IS making sound I just can t hear it Also when I plug my laptop into HDMI the sound works fine Anyone have any idea what my issue could be Thanks in advance I have a Toshiba Satellite P if that helps nbsp

A:Issues with sound on my laptop

Hey sethr266, this is probably a lame way to go but it has helped myself in these weird situations. Have you tried Microsoft fix it? If not Google Microsoft fix it audio problems. It may help. Also you can try uninstalling the audio driver in device manager for the onboard audio driver but keep the driver file when it ask. Restart the laptop and let it reinstall itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-sound-on-my-laptop.197907/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi.

I've recently bought a laptop online with no OS installed on it. I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and downloaded all drivers from the manufactures website. Everything works fine except there is no audio coming through the headphone jack or built-in speakers. I have spent majority of today looking online for answers on how to fix this issue and have found nothing that works.

The laptop model is a HP Pavillion dv6-1007tx.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: When I plug in a HDMI cable to the laptop, sound comes through my TV.

A:No sound through headphone jack or laptop speakers

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager? Are you sure you have installed the proper audio driver for Windows 7 64 or 32 bit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-through-headphone-jack-or-laptop-speakers.197543/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello Recently I installed a new Radeon HD xt video card in my compaq Had to go into the BIOS to set on board audio to enable to Presario my Compaq Cant of out sound get sr19012wm get sound Cant get sound out of my Compaq Presario sr19012wm through the on board audio card instead of the HDMI of the video card All went great I went to upgrade the ram with sticks of GBram PC found out that my motherboard doesn t support ram sticks over GB Kept getting the BIOS beep Switched back to the old ram that was in it and the computer works like it always did and during this I also pulled the processor and was going to upgrade that also but then found out that the new processor was a socket AM and my motherbopard is a socket Needless to say I just reinstalled the old processor As I was saying the computer runs like it always did no problems except now I can t get audio out of the on board audio anymore Checked the BIOS and it is still set for the on board to be enabled and when I play any sounds the mixer will show normal signal level but no sound comes out of the speakers Does anyone know what the problem could be Surely the wrong RAM didn t mess up my on board sound could it have nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-sound-out-of-my-compaq-presario-sr19012wm.197423/
Relevancy 18.49%

This graphic keeps appearing and disappearing on my screen. Its not embedded in the desktop as I cant click on it, the arrow goes behind the graphic. The sound keeps going on and off.

A:Strange graphic no sound

Looks like your monitor on screen display.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-graphic-no-sound.196948/
Relevancy 18.49%

My speakers work fine when plugged into my gf computer, but when plugged into mine, I get nothing but buzzing. No music or anything else. I have not made any changes to my computer. I tried rebooting the computer didn't help. Not sure what to do.

A:No sound other than buzzing noise from my PC speakers

Try other speakers or headphones. The audio jack might be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-other-than-buzzing-noise-from-my-pc-speakers.196734/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a e machine w3107 no sound can someone please help

A:No sound on my computer

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
List any Problem devices

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-my-computer.196293/
Relevancy 18.49%

It started a few days ago. To my knowledge,I've made no changes to sound settings. No caution/exclamation marks in Device manager under sound.I've run full scans,clean. Rebooted & even shut it down completely. It does not happen ALL the time, just sporadically. Any ideas? TIA.
W7 Home Premium
Audio
Sound Cards
ATI High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
Microsoft LifeCam Cinema.
Playback Devices
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (default)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Recording Devices
Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Desktop Microphone (13- Cinema - Microsoft LifeCam.) (default)

A:Unwanted static/sound from speakers

Im guessing you may need a ground loop isolator (http://www.amazon.co.uk/hq-CAR-NF01...76778008&sr=8-1&keywords=ground+loop+isolator), but am not sure... What speakers are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unwanted-static-sound-from-speakers.195412/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when i check today, i lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

A:Have audio device installed but still no sound

Did you also try looking in Add/Remove Programs to first uninstall Realtek from there?

If not, try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-audio-device-installed-but-still-no-sound.165169/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am so close to having my new audio system established On the headphone side all I need to do is place my order However I ve run into Z for 32x, card Sound PCI-E? (Will PCIE SBX Sound Blaster Vista work?) a bit of a snag considering the sound card I was Sound card for Vista 32x, PCI-E? (Will Sound Blaster Z SBX PCIE work?) originally recommended the Sound Blaster Z to pair with my headphones Exact card here the one with the external microphone since I ll need it Unfortunately this sound card specifies Windows and as supported operating systems I asked if it would still work for Vista but the other forum headphone forum seemed to think that it wouldn t unfortunately I m not looking to upgrade my OS As horrible and clunky as it is I ve made it work for me IF it would work with Vista than just let me know and read no further If not I d love if I could get some recommendations for a comparable card I m looking for the best sound card possible given my physical and operational specs I have PCI-E slots x and x free and my OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x The card will support both gaming and music though I m more concerned with gaming than music at this point I m not looking to drop a bundle the SB-Z was a little on the expensive side but as high as or is acceptable Please let me know if you have any suggestions I m raring to place my orders haha nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-vista-32x-pci-e-will-sound-blaster-z-sbx-pcie-work.196149/
Relevancy 18.49%

Thanks to everyone who offered advice in my last thread but after pouring over a ton of research and reviewing my options and gaming environment it Wireless, sound surround gaming headsets? s clear that a surround sound set-up wouldn t come to justice in the space that I have Plus with my insomniatic hours a headset would be kinder to the other people living here Do any of you have recommendations for wireless surround sound gaming headsets A non-wireless would be irritating as hell since I get up to attend to other tasks and walk around my space a lot Which is really annoying since the ones that look best quality wise are Sennheiser wired sets like the PC D I owned one of their noise-cancelling on-ear headsets a long time ago and I loved it up until the wire near the base shredded from constant bumping around in my bag I am hoping to get Wireless Surround sound Mid-range or higher audiophile level quality in terms of the sound itself Comfortable as technologically possible since I will be wearing the thing for hrs easily Long-lasting battery for same reason as above Open Good for both music and ambient gaming sound Above all I am looking for QUALITY - something that will last with great sound long battery Wireless, surround sound gaming headsets? life and very comfortable Even recommending me companies would be a great place to start since I haven t gotten much further than Sennheiser Let s just say I m unlimited in terms of price since this is one indulgence that Wireless, surround sound gaming headsets? I am willing to spend on nbsp

A:Wireless, surround sound gaming headsets?

I recommend Logitech Gaming headsets: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-headsets.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-surround-sound-gaming-headsets.195954/
Relevancy 27.09%

The title says it all. I recently started playing Medal of Honor and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and on both games I get a frozen screen with looping audio which forces me to shut the computer down via the power button.

after doing some searching around on the net and trying various solutions, I have determined the next step is to disable on board sound. I know this sounds like a noobish question but, is there any way to get sound out of my computer? is there a BIOS setting that allows me to disable the on board sound but still get sound out my PC? these 2 games rely heavily on being able to hear what is going on,

I have an ABIT IP35 Pro with no secondary sound card.

thanks.

A:Can I get audio if I turn onboard sound off without a sound card?

No that'd be impossible. if you turn off the onboard sound, how are you gonna get some sound delivered to your speaker or headphone?

you should try disabling the onboard sound and check if it fixes the issue. if it did, also try to uninstall your current audio driver and install the newest one.

looping audio does not always means the onboard sound is faulty. it usually goes on loop because that portion of the soundtrack is already loaded into RAM. therefore it still plays even when the computer froze.

the problem might lies in other thing such as video card or overheating CPU since you indicate it only occurs when you're playing games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-get-audio-if-i-turn-onboard-sound-off-without-a-sound-card.195934/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello all I received some wonderful help here in replacing my graphics card which is working out absolutely smoothly and so I m wondering if any of you would have any recommendations for going from 5.1 Upgrading to (or Surround better?) Sound stereo to surround sound for my computer I m a bit of an audiophile so I m looking for something that can produce the greatest audible range of notes sounds in the best clarity richness resonance possible - basically I m flat out looking for the best QUALITY of sound I don t necessarily need a subwoofer that hammers the floor but I m looking for something as crisp and Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?) immersive as possible hopefully within about dollars for the speakers willing to spend more for something fantastic that is built to last Stereo just isn t cutting it when I know that a few extra speakers can add a LOT of atmosphere to my games and music I have two cheapy Bose speakers right now I miss my second-hand haha I m less familiar with peripherals than with the hardware itself so whatever information you need - additional specs how many slots the back of my tower has - whatever you need to recommend me something that will work with my system just let me know Windows Vista Ultimate bit Intel Core Quad CPU at GHz GB RAM CX Corsair PSU quot NVIDIA High Definition Audio quot Under sound card my computer is just listing quot NVIDIA High Definition Audio quot yikes Does that mean this system doesn t even have a proper sound card It s a year old pre-built Dell Top of the line when it was released but a bit old even with the upgraded graphics and PSU nbsp

A:Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?)

You're not an 'audiophile' if you just know a few buzzwords like "clarity". Music is not encoded in surround (99%+ of cases), so that won't help you with immersion. Also, powered stereo monitors will give you the best quality for music. If you want surround sound for games, however, see below.

You have some options:
1. Use analogue outputs (like headphone plug, you should have at least three at the back of your PC for this to work) connected to a high-end Logitech or Creative etc 5.1 system.
2. Purchase a sound card (make sure it will fit) with Dolby Digital Live encoding, use the optical output, and connect to any surround sound system that has Dolby Digital Live decoding. This will give you the best quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-to-5-1-surround-sound-or-better.195628/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am having an issue with the sound on my laptop. It will play videos and music, but at some point the sound just....freezes. It is like when a CD has a scratch and it plays the same two words over and over again. Most of the time the screen is not frozen and I can click to exit out or shut the computer down. The sound, however, does not stop when I shut it down or unplug it. It only stops when I remove the battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire 5100 Sound Problem

I have an Acer Aspire 5332 and this used to happen to me but when it used to happen I would open up task manager, go to processes and find explorer.exe, then I would click it click end process then go to the applications tab and click new task, then just type in explorer.exe this fixed it for me and it happened for a while but went away on it's own. Hope this helps you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5100-sound-problem.195295/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys I've got a similar problem but I cant find any solution. I have windows 7 ultimate as the OS. The sound icon is ok the audio service is running. Windows says that my Realtek HD Audio Driver is working properly. On-board sound enabled in BIOS. I'm seriously stuck and don't know what else to do. I'll upload screenshots of my device manager

A:No sound found

Hmmm.. Everything in your snapshots looks good.

Check CtlPanel->Sound. Make sure the device output is set to what you want. Also, there's a Properties button for the speakers. Try unchecking the "Allow exclusive use" buttons. See if any difference

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-found.195669/
Relevancy 18.49%

Greetings you lovely bunch I am in the process of building myself a new funmachine Unfortunately I have stalled at the sound setup Through extensive research I have established that the following criteria are the most recommendable in order to achieve the best overall sound experience Avoid headsets headphones with microphones Avoid wireless Avoid USB Only stereo headphones I e one speaker per spectacular setup Seeking sound ear Open cup for sound quality I sit in a quiet environment The machine will be used mainly for entertainment purposes being gaming video watching and music listening in order of importance I do not consider myself an audiophile per se I do however value a great atmospheric feeling Seeking spectacular sound setup accurate D positioning and comfort I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H motherboard Will its onboard sound Realtek ALC cover my wishes when paired Seeking spectacular sound setup with some good headphones or should I get a soundcard And what about an amplifier a DAC etc Originally I considered getting the Sennheiser HD as it has garnered much critical acclaim Unfortunately momomo wasn t impressed with its sound stage Despite my highest efforts this leaves me fairly puzzled and in need of your kind help Which sound setup compliments my computer experience the most without being overkill I have a generous budget All response is of course greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Seeking spectacular sound setup

"I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard. Will its onboard sound (Realtek ALC898) cover my wishes when paired with some good headphones ? or should I get a soundcard? And what about an amplifier, a DAC etc.?" You won't need a sound card, just headphones or a low cost wired 2 speaker+ powered subwoofer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-spectacular-sound-setup.194793/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, in the sound Blaster Z control panel should I set my headphones to stereo or 5.1 for the best surround sound experience? They are stereo headphones.

Thanks

A:Sound Blaster Z settings question

You'll only get virtual surround. Set it to stereo, then enable virtual surround (or whatever it is called).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-settings-question.195541/
Relevancy 18.49%

I don't know what I can try When I plug an ordinary mic in it works fine but when I connect the beamforming mic that came with the card I get nothing. I'm looking at the little green bar in recording devices when testing noise levels.

Any ideas?
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-mic-isnt-working.195536/
Relevancy 18.49%

I'm not sure why but the sound on my advent laptop seems to be stuck on mute. It plays event sounds, email arriving, closing down etc., but won't allow music or video to play sound.
It's running on Windows Vista and I've tried Function +F5 and F6. The speaker icon, bottom right screen, has the mute symbol'x' by it. When I right-click it denies any audio facility exists.
Please help as I'm stuck in France without a TV.

Tony

A:Sound problems on Advent Laptop

There is probably a program conflict that occurs some time after boot up. How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problems-on-advent-laptop.195358/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey everyone,

So I am using Windows 7 and I have been trying to open my Sound options under my Control Panel to no avail.

When I click on the "Sound" text, my Control Panel box slightly fades as if a window is going to open but no such window ever does. 5-10 minutes later, the sound controls will finally pop up. It is experiencing some kind of heavy delay.

I have been told it may be a driver issue but my drivers are relatively new (3-4 weeks old).

Let me know if you guys have any solutions.

Thanks.

A:Sound Control Opening With Heavy Delay

Hmm, could be a bug with the new drivers.

Try un-installing all audio devices and then re-install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-control-opening-with-heavy-delay.195146/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am just trying to come to grips with possibilities using my new Asus Xonar DG Soundcard.
It's a well reviewed but low cost card @ $28 & I selected it to replace my failed on-board Card.
So I now have my desktop amplified speakers set up, but they are budget variety & somewhat limited, although I do not expect or need high volume.
I happen to have several small (ex car) amps, & several pairs of reasonably sized reasonable quality speakers, so I thought "what about a 4 speaker set up"?
Is this possible & how can it be wired up?
If done this way should I hook up a double gang log pot to control volume rather than use the on screen slide control which is not that easy when you are doing other things.

A:Making best of 5.1 sound card without 5.1 audio files

There should be a 'speaker fill' checkbox or similar in your audio manager.

Alternatively, you can use a splitter to split the L/R audio between the front jack and rear jack, giving you the same sound coming from the four speakers.

Or, you may find that it's annoying....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-best-of-5-1-sound-card-without-5-1-audio-files.195307/
Relevancy 18.49%

OK I have upgraded my PC to a new FX 8350 and a FX 7970 ! I started battlefield 3 and all was good till I got to the part ware blackbern was being interrogated you herd the slamming and the chairs screeching not no voice. I was not happy next I put in a dvd same thing sound no voice. I up dated my drivers tried VLC and no voice I have voice in actual game play but not in cinematic as well when streaming video you tube/netflix. '-'

A:No voice only sound on DVDs and games?

Do you have your audio set to 5 speaker or something?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-voice-only-sound-on-dvds-and-games.195004/
Relevancy 17.63%

Alright, as the title explains, my computer won't use any form of headset's mic, like at all. Not even its own built in mic, please halp, and I know not **** about computers, so if you could like, explain in ******* terms, I would be incredibly grateful. It might help that I'm a computer gamer, so this would be awesome if you guys would help me. Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5733-wont-use-logitech-h390s-mic-but-picks-up-sound-wont-detect-voice-on-any-mic.194573/
Relevancy 18.49%

.After the certain moment, my speakers don't work, when the headphones get unplugged (3.5 mm jack). There is only speakers icon in playback tab, no matter, whether headphones are plugged in or not.
Is there a way to determine, whether windows7 detects the headphone jack as plugged in, even if it's not? (that would be hardware problem then, I guess). If so, how to disable jack detection, so that the speakers can get unblocked? Or suggest any other solution. Thanks for replies.

A:Sound not working when headphones unplugged

It's not a software problem.

The phone jack on the PC has a switch which is likely to be failing, especially if the machine has a few years on it and you've over time switch between the headphones and the speakers frequently.

The switch allows speaker output when the phones are disconnected and disallow when connected. So even though you have physically disconnected the headset, the switch is not reconnecting to the speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-not-working-when-headphones-unplugged.192989/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi everyone. So my audio is stuttering every minute or so. It runs fine and then on random intervals it stutters for a second and then carrys on like normal. Its getting a bit annoying, I have only recently done a fresh install and re installed drivers. Only a month ago my RAM was faulty I did a memtest and I sent it back and got replacement. That issue is fine now. Now its just this audio..

So I've disabled all sound devices except the one that works. Closed any THX programs or anything like that. set my speakers to headphones and still no change. It happens with videos and games, everything really. I don't notice a stutter in the video side of things.

Any help would be much appreciated! DXDiag attached.

Specs:
GTX 670
i5 3570k
Asrock z77 Motherboard Extreme - M
Onboard audio Realtek sound
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-stuttering-problem.192661/
Relevancy 18.49%

This happens to me when im watching a video on all sites exept on youtube(its working fine on youtube).
When I start to watch a video I've got sound fully working and then at random I start to lose it.And to get it back I need to rewind a video a bit or pause/unpause it.This happens to me 5-6 times atleast while watching a video.Can someone tell me what this is and how to fix it cuz I cant really watch videos anymore cuz I when it happens for the first time then I nned to pause/unpause a video every few mins or secs for like 10 times before the sount become fully working again.

A:Sound problem when watching a video

What browsers are you using? Can you post your system specs? Also, what is your internet speed? Check here: http://speedtest.net/ and post the link to your results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-when-watching-a-video.191901/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello everybody I have been having a huge problem this sound High-pitched PC from last month with my computer which I hope someone will be able to help High-pitched sound from PC me with The problem A high pitch squeak sound is coming from inside my PC It appears to be coming from my graphics card or somewhere above on the motherboard I am not a hardware geek at all so in all honestly I really do not know I am almost sure it is NOT coming from my fans or my PSU though it does sound like a voltage problem Here is a VIDEO I filmed of my PC making the annoying sound The facts The noises are random and not related to anything They will appear when I m doing nothing and they will appear when I m doing loads of stuff The noises last between - seconds The noises started occurring AFTER I installed my new SSD http ocz com consumer vertex- -sata- -ssd - I had never heard them before I cannot RMA it unfortunately After installing my new SSD I formatted my PC and installed Windows and that drive Note I am almost sure that the sounds are not coming from the SSD or HDD NO sounds during startup or in BIOS People can hear the sound through Skype EVEN WHEN MY MIC IS MUTED I find this very odd and I hope it might be something to help locate the problem Some days there are sounds all the time but I have tried going hours without sounds What I have tried already I have tried unplugging my secondary HDD I have tried disabling EIST mode in BIOS read it somewhere on a forum I have tried cleaning my PC of all dust I have tried to make sure that all cables are properly connected I have tried connecting the PC directly to a wall socket to see if it had anything to do with that My PC specs Intel Core i K GHz Gigabyte Z AP-D Motherboard GB Memory Kingston HyperX DDR NVIDIA GeForce GTX So that s the specifics of my problem I really hope someone will be able to help me with this Best regards Rasmus of Denmark nbsp

A:High-pitched sound from PC

It maybe somewhat related to the noises mentioned in this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-psu-coil-whine-or-something-else.191221/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-sound-from-pc.191420/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi after a restart of my laptop Dell Inspiron high Sound definition problem/IDT the audio wasn t working I hovered in the tool bar and the sound was with a red X meaning problematic I clicked it and the window started searching for the problem which was Sound problem/IDT high definition IDT High Definition Audio Codec I continued by clicking the windows to solve it but it didn t and the problem remained In the msinfo -- gt Componets-- gt Problem Devices it says IDT High Definition Audio Codec error code I don t know what that means I downloaded a new driver but it was a rar file I extract it and they were some componets similar to IDT but I don t know what to do I clicked the setup but it didn t do anything or any other applicaton in that folder Please a little help as I can t seem to find any solution neither restarting solves the problem neither pressing again and again for windows to automatic solve the problem tech specs are windows ultimate b and laptop Dell Inspiron nbsp

A:Sound problem/IDT high definition

Does your PC have a Realtek audio controller? Go to device manager and collapse the Sound, video, and game controllers tab as shown in the link below (cant post an image from dropbox straight in). Tell me what is listed on it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7svnb31j7alwal/Dev-Mgr-View.JPG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-idt-high-definition.191506/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Sound card for gaming and making music

This is probably the best one out there: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

That is the best of both worlds. There is a better card for gaming, but the Essence above is much better for creating music and phenomenal for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-gaming-and-making-music.191256/
Relevancy 18.92%

Can someone please tell me what could've happened to the sound on my computer! It's a separate piece that fits on the bottom of my Dell screen! I've tried a few things already, and nothing! Everything seems to be OK, nothing on mute...so I don't know what could be wrong?

Thank You for your time,

A:I have no sound on my computer

What model dell...that would help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-no-sound-on-my-computer.191092/
Relevancy 18.92%

Dear All friend here!
My PC Dell optiplex 745, my pc have two windows, windows xp and windows 7,
before I set up windows 7 my sound at windows xp is work normal but when I install windows 7 and my sound not work even I go to windows xp also not work, driver also know, please see my attach file,
on my pc has small speaker when I take it to plug with other pc is work but when I connect it back to my pc it not work.
thank in advance if need some more detail please contact me!
best regards

Sea Hong

A:Can't use sound

You might try going into your Device manager in XP & see if there are any yellow "?" marks in there.
Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware Tab>Device Manager & look for the yellow "?" marks.
In W7, somebody else will have to help you there. I have W7, but not too familiar with that area.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-sound.190941/
Relevancy 18.49%

Friends I bought a brand new Creative SBS A speakers and Creative Sound blaster VX Before installing card I checked the speakers with On board stereo audio It was working fine except mode not enabled But after installing Creative SB VX PCI I am not able listen to any sound at all properly Audio is played with lot of crackling and popping sound Even a ding sound is played as d i n g My system config below Core Duo E - GHz GB RAM Win XP Professional SP D GCNL - Intel Motherboard Creative Sound blaster VX PCI Model SB Product link I could not post link you can find it with google easily by searching quot creative sound blaster vx quot As I Problem Blaster Creative VX 5.1 Sound with checked with system requirements for the product it matches with my PC configuration I did not Problem with Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX find any issues Problem with Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX reported against this product and I wonder about that Hope I stated my problem clearly Experts help is much appreciated and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem with Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX

Enter the BIOS and disable the onboard sound device. Uninstall any onboard sound driver you find in Add and Remove Programs (in Control Panel). Install the Creative sound driver and see if that fixes your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-creative-sound-blaster-5-1-vx.151403/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi. Whenever I download any video from youtube or any other website, it has crackling sound. I tried reinstalling various drivers, flash player, different downloading tools but nothing helps. however, when I don't download but just watch video on youtube, sound is ok.
How to fix it?
I have dell n5010 and windows 7 running
Any help would be appreciated

A:Crackling sound in downloaded videos

Have you tried transferring the video to other PC and see if it works fine? the program you used to play the video may be the culprit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackling-sound-in-downloaded-videos.190345/
Relevancy 18.49%

Okay so here s the history The other night I came home to a high pitch noise coming from my turtle beach headphones Upon removing the headphones from my computer I the sound started coming from my speakers I then shut off my computer I removed everything except the power cord I could hear a different yet similar whine Upon opening my computer I heard the noise coming from within I then took out the video card and started the beast back up Same thing After hours of browsing forums on my phone I decided it was either my CPU or PSU I then removed the PSU and jump started it to check whether or not it was making the sound Whining coming speakers from and headphones noise It ran fine and made no noise However upon connecting it to the motherboard and starting it I then heard the noise again When I listened closely to the CPU I heard nothing then I listened to the PSU which was outside of my case this time and I could hear not only the high pitched whine but also a slight crackling noise It was then that I jumped on newegg and ordered a new PSU http www newegg com Product Prod After long unbearable night and into the morning the PSU was here and I spent hours carefully setting it up and organizing the cords in and around my computer NOW THE GOOD STUFF Upon turning on my computer everything seemed fine I quickly jumped on youtube and started a video no sound coming from my headphones I then pulled out my headphones from the jack No sound coming from my speakers It was then I realized I could hear the ever so dim whine coming from my speakers As far as I can tell there is no noise coming from my new PSU I can hear the sound JUST fine when I plug in my samson go mic and plug my headphones into THAT microphone yeah I know it sounds weird but think of it as a little mini external sound card or something When I play youtube videos with my speakers plugged in I have Whining sound coming from speakers and headphones to crank the volume up on both the speakers and the computer and even then it s super quiet When I play videos with my headphones plugged in in the front of the computer it makes no noise until the volume is around but the sound is just a crackly distorted version of whatever I have playing I have never had an issue with my computer so far so I m honestly not too sure what s going on The sound seems to start when Windows starts loading I have run a CPU stress test and the sound remains the same throughout I have also tried switching which outlet I am using for my computer Here are my computer specs Intel i - k CPU GHz GB DDR RAM -bit Windows Ultimate Fatal ty Z Professional Gen http www asrock com mb overview asp Model Fatal ty Z Professional Gen Updated BIOS NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB OCZ Vector SSD with OS installed on it TB WD Drive TB External WD Drive COOLER MASTER HAF X http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E - Not that it really matters Here s my -bit DxDiag http pastebin com sF B rrJ So yeah aside from knowing my motherboard is failing what can you tell me to convince me otherwise lol I refuse to believe that it could be my motherboard because well its been a good board thus far and I haven t seen anything like this when searching google so I feel like it can t be so isolated The only thing I can think of is I just bought a Doctor Who levitating tardis which uses a magnet to make the TARDIS well levitate The magnet is inside the tardis itself and isn t really powerful at all The stand does something that keeps the magnet from reaching the top somehow Nevertheless this thing was on the top of my computer for a week before my computer started making these noises I don t think it s related to the issue as it wasn t exactly all that close to any of the parts nor do I believe it to be any stronger than magnets you might find in a speaker that sits near your computer If anything it s a lot weaker than that So I m guessing its not that but I figured I d at least add that in nbsp

A:Whining sound coming from speakers and headphones

Does it sound 100% like whining or maybe an interference type sound?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whining-sound-coming-from-speakers-and-headphones.190046/
Relevancy 18.49%

Is it accurate to say that usb headphones do not use computer internal sound cards, but instead have their own built in sound cards?

I.e. choose between USB heaphones OR headphones with regular jack and an internal sound card?

A:USB headphones do not use internal sound cards

Yes thats right. they have built-in dac or so called soundcard in their usb circuitry. I'd go with usb headphone unless the price difference is significant or I have better soundcard installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-headphones-do-not-use-internal-sound-cards.190333/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently came to a sound hiccup when I wanted to set my live stream to record audio and video from my desktop video works fine no question but speak to my viewer s on skype with my microphone I ve always had stereo mix enabled and I believe it s worked fine in the past but recently it s acting up For some reason only the Microphone or Stereo mix work one at a time I either have to disable one to get the other work or set one as the quot Default Device quot When setting as the default device that particular option will work and the other will not When stereo mix is set the microphone levels the little green bars are nonexistent as I run my finger past the mic or blow into it Same with the stereo mix if the Mic is set to default and I play sounds What s weird was when I was in Skype pressing one function to be the default did not change enabled; sound yet no Stereo mix produces what picked up sound That is when I had to disable the other in Stereo mix enabled; yet produces no sound order to get one to work I am on Realtek Stereo mix enabled; yet produces no sound High Definition Audio and my driver is all up to date Stereo mix enabled; yet produces no sound I have done countless searches most of them lead to how to enable stereo mix and the few that actually recognize the problem I have seem to not have a posted solution nbsp

A:Stereo mix enabled; yet produces no sound

I don't know if this might apply or you've checked (i've seen posts about it) but if you're running Vista or Win 7 check the tabs under Control Panel->Sound as i believe you find a check box to Allow an application to grab exclusive use of the mic. So i think the first app that grabs it works and others might not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-mix-enabled-yet-produces-no-sound.159985/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need an advice to buy.(preferred creative lab model)
I need to buy sound card that can support recording for wav audio 88khz using line input at the sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-with-88khz-recording.190256/
Relevancy 18.92%

I just recently reinstalled the OS on this http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-question-about-xp-pro.190109/ .
Everything on it is working but no sound via the headphones from front or rear jacks.
I tried uninstalling/rebooting to reinstall , but it didn't work. I know it worked before because the user watched plenty of videos on youtube.
Here are the specs

A:No sound on XP Pro

Quick question? Did you download the drives from the computer manufacter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-xp-pro.190123/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

Just few days ago I upgraded my laptop from windows vista to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Everything works fine except audio. When I plugged the headphone it sounds, but without headphones I cannot hear any sound from my laptop.I followed these steps:
List any Problem devices

and my problem devices are listed out.
Base System DevicePCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_01F31028&REV_12\4&20402523&0&0BF0 THE DRIVERS FOR THIS DEVICE NOT INSTALLED.

please help me. Thanks in advance.

A:Sound from headset but not laptop speakers

Well im guessing outdated drivers that dont work with W7 and Also just a tip Please don't steal topics!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-from-headset-but-not-laptop-speakers.190008/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am on my work computer training I am at a hotel alone the manager is not answering the phone PC sound coming my from work No So yeah when its slow I am supposed to go throught the work training program The thing is no damn sound comes out of this pc I looked at the system sound in control panel its up I tried other apps no sound I looked at the device drivers they look fine In hardware and sound it lists speaker I have it selected as default the volume is set properly There are other sound devices I tried both of them and no sound I selected only show connected sound devices However upon No sound coming from my work PC inspecting the pc there is no speaker plugged in and from what I can No sound coming from my work PC tell the monitor has no sound What the smell Ill ask my manager in hours but I thought maybe someone had an idea here I googled how No sound coming from my work PC to use my phone as a speaker but only came up with dead ends ps mm looks like windows updates is off gonna give this beezy a tune up nbsp

A:No sound coming from my work PC

Buy some headphones and plug em in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-work-pc.189287/
Relevancy 18.49%

I ve got a problem here I recently got a new graphics card gtx ti but after installing it sound 7 on Windows output No x64 my sound went dead on reboot Since then I ve reinstalled the realtek hd driver uninstalled the nvidia drivers and even uninstalled both to use the windows generic drivers Still no sound After that I had restored my system to a time the No sound output on Windows 7 x64 sound was working and there was STILL no sound I ve spent a full day trying to solve this I m at a complete loss at what could be causing this problem and would really appreciate some help with this System specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme CPUSocket Graphics Acer X W x Hz Intel HD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EADS- M B ATA Device SATA Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N ATA Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp

A:No sound output on Windows 7 x64

Hi triwa,

If you right click on your sound icon in the tray icon area (bottom right hand side) and click Playback devices, what devices can you see in there.

I'm assuming of course you're using Win7/8.

If you've reinstalled the drivers without error as you said, you should have some working devices in there...

Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-output-on-windows-7-x64.189249/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, I am thinking of buying a SSD 120-128 gb...
to get the most out of it I will be keeping my OS(around 20gb) and 4-5 games (total around 80 gb),that keeps around 20 gb free on it,and I will be keeping the rest of the data in my HDD
Am I correct or should I modify it?

A:120-128GB SSD for OS and games -- sound good?

That sounds about right.
If nothing else you could always get a second SSD later to share App/game installs.

I personally install all my games to HDD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/120-128gb-ssd-for-os-and-games-sound-good.189082/