Windows Support Forum

Internet problems

Q: Internet problems

I have the router of my isp and to have an extended range of the wifi we bought a new router which has a bigger range of its wifi now my brother is connected to this router and the other router is connected into mine which means it is taking the bandwidth of my router now the problem that im having is that when my brother seems to be uploading a photo or School stuff onto the internet my internet keeps disconnecting and lagging which probably means that his uploading is literately draining all mine up and im left with nothing isnt there a way to fix this or to cap the upload speed/download

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet problems

QoS settings on the main router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems.199848/
Relevancy 35.26%

A few days ago I picked up the Internet Security 2010 virus. We have Malwarebytes on the laptop so I did a scan with it and cleaned what it found. I then tried to restart in safe mode and run the scan again but the safe mode went straight to a blue screen that says PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I then restarted the laptop in normal mode and now I have no internet connection. I also can't access any firewall modes. Now when I run malwarebytes it comes back clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The laptop is a Dell inspiron e1705 and has windows xp. We use AVG free for virus protection. I do have internet access with my desktop.

Update: I can no longer start windows in normal mode or safe mode. Either one takes me to the Blue Screen

A:Internet Security 2010 problems....no safe mode or internet connection on laptop

Any ideas??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/internet-security-2010-problems-no-safe-mode-or-internet-connection-on-laptop-452797.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Since I got proper wired ADSL I am having several problems when connecting surfing and downloading from the internet What the causes might be I don t know but I ve listed them below When I click my Firefox icons be that on the desktop or on Rocketdock it can take up to seconds or ? internet icons, speed, connection Persistant problems dwindling internet so to physically open a page I m talking just Persistant internet problems ? internet icons, dwindling speed, connection a page itself not content If I have just turned the computer on then the page loads pretty quick that s a webpage not a physical page However the longer I m on the internet the slower the page load times seem to get This also manifests itself in downloads When the computer is first turned on downloads are working fine however as time goes on most downloads dwindle to nothing or all are not downloading When I click the Internet Explorer icon desktop or Rocketdock it opens on my homepage but if I enter an address the address opens in a new Firefox webpage while the IE page stays on my homepage Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Persistant internet problems – internet icons, dwindling speed, connection

Try doing this procedure and see what you come up with.
Also, please tell us what type of computer you have, specifications, etc.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/persistant-internet-problems-%E2%80%93-internet-icons-dwindling-speed-connection.131906/
Relevancy 35.26%

Sorry - this was posted under Windows XP but maybe it Problems Security Uninstall & Access Internet Internet Problem - Norton fits better under security Help - My PC has Windows XP and I have been using Norton Internet Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems Security for about months and all has been well Until about the last week Suddenly it appeared as if the program was no longer functioning When launching the program it would indicate that there was an error and that nothing Anti-Virus Firewall Parental Security etc was active After doing some troubleshooting I determined I Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems needed to uninstall the program but somehow I can not because I am not considered to be the person authorized to do so - supervisor access required something got corrupted here because I was the supervisor So the final fix is to edit the registry through a download from Symantec s website but I can not access any website that is either secure or requires me to download anything patch etc I simply get a message saying that the page can not be displayed and or the download just hangs Obviously my IE settings have somehow been corrupted but due to NIS being corrupted I can t edit any settings So I m caught in a circle - I can t uninstall the program or download anything to help me do it Any ideas on how I can either get rid of this program or connect fully to the internet Thanks nbsp

A:Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems

Can you try a system restore to an earlier date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-internet-security-problem-uninstall-internet-access-problems.293455/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi This is my first post here so I hope that I follow all of the rules And thanks in advance for any help My computer has been running slow for running blocked explorer PC Internet with sites popups w/MSword, slow,Problems and problems a while and I think one of my kids might have gone to a website that allowed some malware in My OS is Windows XP SP I have noticed a few things Had a problem with Adobe acrobat reader it wouldn t update for some reason and couldn t open PDF files for a while after uninstalling and reinstalling several times I think it PC running slow,Problems w/MSword, Internet explorer problems with popups and blocked sites is now working Also noticed more recently when working in MS Word every once in a while it won t let me save files Now I am noticing that when I have Internet Explorer open for a while IE tries to pop open a new window to which the IP address is blocked by K web protection is the IP After googling this IP address I found a few posts leading me to think there might be a trojan kicking around on my pc I have run MBAM and Hijackthis in an attempt to find the culprit but MBAM comes up clean and I can t find it on Hijackthis Any help woould be appreciated Thanks

A:PC running slow,Problems w/MSword, Internet explorer problems with popups and blocked sites

1. Start an Office program.
2. On the Help menu, click Detect and Repair.
3. In the Detect and Repair dialog box, do any of the following:
* Click to select the Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box. By default, this check box is selected. If you select the Restore my shortcuts while repairing option, Detect and Repair will keep your custom Office shortcuts. If you do not select this option, Detect and Repair will remove your custom Office shortcuts.
* Click to select the Discard my customized settings and restore default settings check box. If you select the Discard my customized settings and restore default settings option, Detect and Repair will set the following back to the state that they appeared in when you first installed Office:
o The Assistant character selection.
o Most-recently-used entries on the File menu will be removed.
o The size of the program window for all programs.
o Menu and toolbar position and any customizations.
o The security level for each program.
o View settings in the program, such as the Calendar view in Outlook.
o You must re-enter your User Name and Initials when you restart your Office programs.
4. Click Start.
5. Click Ignore if the Close Office Programs dialog box displays the following message (where program is any Office program that is currently running):
In order to correctly pick up or restore your settings, the following programs must be closed:
Microsoft program
6. After the repair process has completed, click OK to the following message where edition is the version of Office that you have installed (for example, Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003):
Microsoft Office edition Setup completed successfully.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360413/pc-running-slowproblems-wmsword-internet-explorer-problems-with-popups-and-blocked-sites/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP The Wireless adapter is an Intel PRO Wireless LAN A Mini PCI Adapter The wired adapter is Broadcom x Integrated Controller The router is a Netgear mbps Wireless Router model WGR v Here s my situation Anytime I try to connect to the internet I get stuck Problems Internet, problems wireless/wired address accessing probably Ip with quot Limited Problems accessing wireless/wired Internet, probably Ip address problems or no connectivity quot When I scroll Problems accessing wireless/wired Internet, probably Ip address problems over the wireless icon to see what the problem is it seems to be stuck on acquiring network address Every other time this has happened to me I simply reset my modem and router and poof it was fixed This time it didn t work i tried repairing the connection I tried using quot ipconfig quot in the command prompt to release and renew my IP address still nothing I tried connecting my computer directly to the modem via LAN and it had the same problems I m fairly certain it isn t the modem or the router because all the other computers in my house are accessing the internet just fine like the one I m using now We don t have encryption or any other different settings on our router It seems to be something with my computer since I can t connect either by LAN or wireless I checked the device manager nothing is problematic When I check the Wireless Network Connection Status I see that at this moment packets were sent received When I look at my Network Connection details it says my IP address is my subnet mask is and my default Gateway is When I look at my router settings through this computer I can see that the problem computer is not listed as an attached device I hope this is enough information I m out of ideas and I ve been looking through the internet to try to find more advice but I figured I might as well try posting here Any ideas nbsp

A:Problems accessing wireless/wired Internet, probably Ip address problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-accessing-wireless-wired-internet-probably-ip-address-problems.723298/
Relevancy 34.83%

I am using internet explorer and would prefer not to update I am using the latest version of google chrome Google Chrome Problem The following message appears when I open google chrome It only gives me the Explorer Problems Google Problems & Internet Chrome option to click okay When I do it appears once more Once again the only option is to click okay After that everything with google chrome works as it should from what I've experienced so far Google Chrome You profile could not be opened correctly Some features may be unavailable Please check that the profile exists and you have permission to read and write its contents Internet Explorer Problem I get the following error message when I open internet explorer Internet Explorer Search Provider Default A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting for Internet Explorer Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original Internet Explorer Problems & Google Chrome Problems search provider Bing Bing Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings where you can change this setting or install more search providers Internet Explorer Problem Internet explorer will not let me download any files When I attempt to download any kind of file I get the following error message Windows Internet Explorer Problems & Google Chrome Problems Internet Explorer Unable to download x z from x z com Unable to open this internet site The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found Please try again later Internet Explorer Problem I am also having trouble viewing the message board on this web site It only loads partially and then says on the bottom Done but with errors on page I have this similiar problem before I installed flash Once I installed flash it worked properly until now To note I have windows firewall turned off and Zonealarm firewall installed When I exit or turn off zonealarm I still have the same problems I have tried deleting all temp internet files through internet explorer as well as deleting the index dat file with a reboot to no avail

A:Internet Explorer Problems & Google Chrome Problems

Hi, Welcome to the forums, for chrome use the wrench and select Help then search,:- type in "corrupt profile" this is returned

Create a new browser user profile - Google Chrome Help

For IE I would go to tools, internet options and under "advanced" select "reset".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-explorer-problems-and-google-chrome-problems-664879.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I ve Problems? 1942/General Battlefield Problems/Internet tried to take care of this problems elsewhere and I m not finding any Battlefield 1942/General Problems/Internet Problems? fixes so I thought I d try Battlefield 1942/General Problems/Internet Problems? here Here s basically what we know tried etc in the other forum of not-so-knowledgeable people Penguin said My problem is this A few times today while I was playing TS has given me troubles the first time it said quot Connection Timed Out quot and suddenly I was completely disconnected from the internet and I had to reboot my computer to get connected again I figured Battlefield 1942/General Problems/Internet Problems? that this may be connected to my firewall so I disabled it and played some more TS timed out again but this time I could reconnect So I got back on the server played for about seconds before I disconnected again and the computer locked up entirely So I went into the TS folder and found what I take to be a log file that ended with this error quot Socket error quot So I think my question here is obvious- wtf is going on and how do I fix it Click to expand The quot give it a shot quot fix Other Guy said http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US there is a microsoft fix for a simular problem it may be worth a shot Click to expand The result Penguin said The problem persists Actually one of two things have happened today The first time I got an error window that said xc quot The application failed to initialize properly quot The other couple of times the game has simply locked up for a good - seconds then comes back then locks up about another seconds after that Now I don t think it s TS because I played WoW for a couple hours last night while connected with no problems BTW I ve run about eight million spyware and virus scans which turn up nothing Click to expand Outside of that I was just playing WoW while running TS and TSO Teamspeak Overlay and got completely disconnected from the net again Does that have anything to do with it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battlefield-1942-general-problems-internet-problems.399891/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a friend who has problems or (Internet Internet House Provider interference) Problems with her internet She lives in the country close to the farms And she just changed from her cable internet to Fiber Optic the same internet provider She has a Netgear router wireless G she does not have Internet Problems (Internet Provider or House interference) modem She has Pc Desktop Internet Problems (Internet Provider or House interference) and laptop and one MAC both of the Pcs work with Windows and the mac with Leopard Anyway her internet provider says she has interference for that reason she lose signal sometimes but my question is this I understand that her laptop and maybe Mac which are far away from her router lose signals they are around feet but her desktop computer which is always connected by twisted pair cable with RJ they should not lose connection because they are always connected from the router but sometimes it does lose signal unless the Internet provider lose signal and make her lose signal She says when that happens she need to turn all the computer off and turn them on again and sometimes that works and give her internet again but not all the time The main problem is her Mac that has more often disconnections her mac is connected next to her TV which is a cable tv I am just wondering what can she do Is it the Internet Provider or is something in her house Internet Problems (Internet Provider or House interference) causing interference The internet provider says it is something in her house causing the problem and is trying to make her buy Network Extender which quot result quot her problem But if it was her internet provider the problem even if she bought that Network Extender the problem will keep happening Any Solutions PD Her Office where she keep her Router is located to feet away from her MAc computer and it pass through her kitchen just in case Thank you nbsp

A:Internet Problems (Internet Provider or House interference)

OK;
So some things you could try.
Change the wireless channel being used.(1/6/11 in US.
Go to the router maker's web site and download any more current firmware for your model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems-internet-provider-or-house-interference.912487/
Relevancy 34.83%

Good morning This may be a common error and a probably easy one to solve But since I am not a computer expert I need your help please When I run the Network Diagnostics for Windows XP it shows quot Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP HTTPS or FTP display Internet Internet the page - Explorer web with Problems cannot This is probably caused by firewall settings on this computer Check the firewall settings for the HTTP Port HTTPS Port and FTP Port I would like to clarify that I have not changed the firewall settings This problem appeared after a run a deep MSE and showed me that I was infected with Problems with Internet Explorer - Internet cannot display the web page bacdoor win cycbot B Apparently MSE cleaned and removed the mentioned virus The rest of the computer is working just fine but I cannot get it to the internet I do know for a fact that I have internet connection since I have an network and I am writing you from another computer within the network Will someone be able to help me Please nbsp

A:Problems with Internet Explorer - Internet cannot display the web page

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-internet-explorer-internet-cannot-display-the-web-page.964261/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a friend who has problems with her internet She lives in the country close to the farms And she just changed from her cable internet to Fiber Optic the same internet provider She has a Netgear router wireless G she does not have modem She has Pc Desktop and laptop and one MAC both of the Pcs work with Windows and the mac with Leopard Anyway her internet provider says she has interference for that reason she lose signal sometimes but my question is this I understand that her laptop and maybe Mac which Internet Problems interference) (Internet Provider House or are far away from her router lose signals they are around feet but her desktop computer which is always connected by twisted pair cable with RJ they should not lose connection because they are always connected from the Internet Problems (Internet Provider or House interference) router but sometimes it does lose signal unless the Internet provider lose signal and make her lose signal She says when that happens she need to turn all the computer off and turn them on again and sometimes that works and give her internet again but not all the time The main problem is her Mac that has more often disconnections her mac is connected next to her TV which is a cable tv I Internet Problems (Internet Provider or House interference) am just wondering what can she do Is it the Internet Provider or is something in her house causing interference The internet provider says it is something in her house causing the problem and is trying to make her buy Network Extender which quot result quot her problem But if it was her internet provider the problem even if she bought that Network Extender the problem will keep happening Any Solutions PD Her Office where she keep her Router is located to feet away from her MAc computer and it pass through her kitchen just in case Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I have dell inspiron notebook os windows I have been having several problems During browsing the page freezes or other pages open asking for downloading and installing some program and I have to keep on closing that page and clicking on quot leave this page quot One unwanted site gives a message that the computer is infected and that tab cannot even be closed by task manager I had to add the desired sites including Tech support guy to compatability view list in order to stay on those tabs This has only been happening for a couple of months I shall Solved: internet & browsing problems Problems other some appreciate getting help on this problem I have wireless mouse Sometimes the mouse just Solved: Problems internet browsing & some other problems stops working an intermittent failure of wireless communicqtion Some programs that I no longer use cannot be uninstalled I shall be thankful for help with these problems Thanks Preet Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Solved: Problems internet browsing & some other problems Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc Y W Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

okay, so i have a windows xp SP2, and im running internet explorer 8. when i go to control panel, all i see for internet options is the little picture and not lettering, but i still click on it and absolutely nothing haappens. then if i open internet explorer, i dont have the menu, toolbar, nothing, nothing, nothing... just see a yellow star the the left. thats all. i need serious help with this pc. i would appreciate any help... and also, i cant even download anything at all. all i can do is surf the web and make an account. cant even copy paste anyh=thing on the web.  

A:internet explorer problems.. and internet options gone.

I would try resetting IE, How to reset Internet Explorer settings - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 .

I also suggest that you install SP3 and all subsequent critical updates, once you get your browser functioning.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491806/internet-explorer-problems-and-internet-options-gone/
Relevancy 33.97%

Guys,
when I want to access the internet I click the "E" symbol on my desktop,
the problem that I get is that I keep getting a getting that pops up in stead of going directly to the MSN page. I keep getting ( Privacy violation 408HTA Warning ) getting that keeps opening up and I can't get it off my computer It is an advertisement to buy some sort of spyware software but it is drivng me crazy can anyone please help me!?!?!?!?

email: [email protected]

A:Problems when I log on to the internet using Microsoft Internet Explorer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-when-i-log-on-to-the-internet-using-microsoft-internet-explorer.430035/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I ve been having problems connecting to the internet from my laptop at home I have computers here a desktop and the lap the desktop connects Gateway Problems/Internet Connection Internet to the internet alright but the laptop says it s connected but i can t access any websites or use the internet at all I m using a router for the lap which is also connected to a modem for the desktop I noticed i had that internet gateway connection thing so I got rid of it on my laptop but I still can t connect to the internet I found the same Internet Gateway icon on the desktop but I couldn t delete it I did the same thing going through Internet Connection Problems/Internet Gateway Control Panel Add Remove programs AddRemove Windows Components Networking Services Details but the internet gateway wasn t there even though it still shows under my network connections The funny thing is that the desktop works fine and the laptop doesn t so i don t know what to do Any help will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Internet Connection Problems/Internet Gateway

On the laptop, do this:

For 98 or ME, Start, Run, COMMAND to open a DOS window:
--- or ---
For 2K or XP, Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-problems-internet-gateway.527407/
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok, my desktop has been packed-up for about 7 months, i just started it back up yesterday. I can pull up most websites, but then some will not.. The first one I noticed not working was hotmail, then windows up-date. Then I notice the windows search doesnt work. I did an AVG scan and it shows "No viruses and No spyware", I d/l the latest internet explorer and when I try to install it .....it says windows can not verify, turn on cryptographic service. It shows that my cryptographic service is on, So I resest the service and still nothing

Relevancy 32.68%

First IE got blocked from internet then Firefox no internet with connection, Internet Problems and then the Ares internet explorer some other programs have been blocked too Spybot S amp D Symantec AntiVirus Messenger Avira Antivir Nod I have downloaded all thhose programs and installed them on my laptop through an USB Problems with Internet connection, no internet I scaned my laptop with all that and found nothing I dont know what could be happening to my laptop I also tried turning off windows firewall i had ZoneAlarm Firewall but I uninstalled it and tried in Safe Mode but i couldnt acces to Internet Check my log please I had to save it put Problems with Internet connection, no internet in an USB and post it using another computer Thanks and here it Problems with Internet connection, no internet is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at a m on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Users ADMINI AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSLoader exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium avgnt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Acer Empowering Technology ENET ENMTRAY EXE C Acer Empowering Technology EPOWER EPOWER DMC EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ACER EMPOWERING FRAMEWORK SUPERVISOR EXE C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO IE to GetRight Helper - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Aplicaci n auxiliar de inicio de sesi n - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Windows system eDStoolbar dll O - Toolbar Barra Yahoo con bloqueador de ventanas emergentes - EF... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/problems-with-internet-connection-no-internet-248251.html
Relevancy 30.53%

My brother in law is having problems with his computer. He installed a new version of Windows XP and now some of the hard ware is not available.

I have had a look but I'm having problems finding the drivers for the following:

MODEM VEN_8086 DEV_1080

ETHERNET VEN_8086 DEV_1050

There is a few more hardware problems but will resolve them once the internet connection is working. I hope someone out there can help.

Hope everyone had a good xmas.

Relevancy 30.53%

Hey i am having issues using some aspect of the internet. I cannot connect to World of Warcraft or the WoW downloader. Or access yahoomail.com or windows update. I have tried some of these actions on other computers on the network and they work fine. Did i somehow turn on some sort of blocking software on? Any ideas would be helpful.

A:internet problems

I always try a good restart of my machine, or turn the router off then on again before going to my next step. Nothing should be blocking Windows updates unless you got somthing malicious. Try scanning your computer with Spybot - Search & destroy, Ad-aware SE and the anti-virus installed on your machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-140303.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys this is my first post here and i decided to come here because neither cox or linksys could help me out The last week i have been having problems with my internet connection If i had multiple tabs open or streaming a video from mtv it would run really slow and lose service and say local only It lasts for five minutes or so then goes right back to working fine I also noticed that anytime i try to run xbox live that i can not even play the game i wish because the lag is so awful While i log on to xbox live i have checked ping through problems Internet command Internet problems prompt and everything seems fine but then i open an internet explorer tab while on and it immediatly loses connection I have contacted cox and they have told me that Internet problems it could be me router because they are not losing any packets when they try to ping the modem however when i called linsys i went through some steps like changing mtu from to no clue what that is for and then changing wpa to wpa for some reason The problem still occurs and i dont know what i should do anybody have some advice nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

I turned my computer on today and found that I wasn't recieving a wireless signal and that my wireless card wasn't even being recognized by my computer. So i put my wireless card in my roomates computer and it was recognized immediatly. Then I plugged my ethernet cord directly into my computer and still was unable to access the internet. What should I do to troubleshoot and fix my problem?

Please, if you have an idea let me know because I just started back to college today and my laptop is my most important tool. Thanks

A:Internet Problems

Bolt0086 said:

I turned my computer on today and found that I wasn't recieving a wireless signal and that my wireless card wasn't even being recognized by my computer. So i put my wireless card in my roomates computer and it was recognized immediatly. Then I plugged my ethernet cord directly into my computer and still was unable to access the internet. What should I do to troubleshoot and fix my problem?

Please, if you have an idea let me know because I just started back to college today and my laptop is my most important tool. ThanksClick to expand...

Hi Bolt0086 welcome to the TS Forum

You might have 2 issues here so we'll start with the faulty WIFI NIC, first have you tried using the other PCMCIA slot ? if not try it and see if the card is then recognised.

If it does problem solved ( I do get this with mine occasionally and swapping PCMCIA slots works).

If it doesn't then chances are the PCMCIA slots have an issue, mostly this can occur if the driver goes ga ga,

To fix it go into Device Manager and uninstall the PCMCIA slots, Reboot once done and let Windows refind them.

Now try the card and hopefully all is well.

As for the on board NIC (or Ethernet Card NIC), you say your on wireless so I will go on the basis of a Router being in place, the card may not be set to recieve an IP address via DHCP, Go into control panel and double click network connections, double click the ICON associated with the NIC , MOST IMPORTANT IS TO MAKE SURE IT IS ENABLED, It will show as either under its name, if it is disabled, enable it, then double click the icon, now in the box double click the TCP/IP and check it is set to get its address via DHCP, close all the boxes out and reboot the PC, this will enable the NIC to get an address via the router.

I think that might do, but please let us know if its not.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems.57096/
Relevancy 30.53%

i have a windows 7 machine, intel if it matters. i built it myslef, its been over a year though and im at work, so the details elude me.

if you need specifics ill get em to ya, i can reply over my iphone.

now getting to the title. its been almost 2 weeks, ive been busy with my car >.>. so now i have some free time to check out why im not getting a connection.

ive followed this discussion:
http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.p...ter-wont-connect-to-the-internet/page__st__60
closely

ive done most of it, i havnt tried a new card, i havnt repaired. i have done the .bat file thing, ive done the MAC thing, my brother had me try to ping google with no luck.

ive tried to follow other threads but im frustrated. im also not about to highjack someone elses thread.

so, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all new to the site so please bare with me I have had some repairs carried to computer MBoard Ram HD etc etc Should of just bought a new one i think and since the changes there are issues that I cant sort or find the answers too so problems Internet etc etc Im looking for some guidance from the people who know about computers unlike me I have Internet problems etc etc a few of things for you to get your teeth into first They might belong to different parts of the site please advise Im still on dial-up dinosaur I know and with NTL Virgin I can no longer access certain sites that start with quot https quot I have connected to these sites when I connected via a different dial up isp so a problem with NLT settings ------------------------------------------------------------------ I'm having problems with Outlook Express cant seem to send or recieve emails I get the messages below ------------------------------------- The connection to the server has failed Account 'pop ntlworld com' Server 'smtp ntlworld com' Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error Error Number x CCC E ------------------------------------ After some research I found someone with similar problems to both that I have asked above Pasted below ------------------------------------ I did have a job accessing quot secure quot websites such as my bank accounts etc Every time I got a home page up on the web it would quot hang quot on the https page requiring the customary login proceedure Since I have been able to use Outlook express this peculiarity has also been cured I was thinking it may have been a Zone Alarm alarm issue but it the problem cured Internet problems etc etc quot itself quot whilst I was away at work without any intervention from me funny ------------------------------------ So possibly they may be linked Any help on these posers would be much appreciated On an easier note I cant remember how to get the outlook icon on themenu status bar on my home pages internet Help appreciated One last one promise I have had outlook files addresses and saved emails saved to a file called backup pst when I open it I get message asking what I want to open it with I choose to find on internet and it links me to site microsoft not too sure where to look from there Post complete not too bad for a st one I promise any more will be kept simple Thanks

A:Internet problems etc etc

Hi, welcome to TSF

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich535

1/ Im still on dial-up (dinosaur I know) and with NTL/Virgin, I can no longer access certain sites that start with "https". I have connected to these sites when I connected via a different dial up isp, so a problem with NLT settings????

Strange. Which IE version are you using?

Check settings in Tools>Advanced>Settings and make sure Use SSL2.0/3.0 and TLS 1.0 are checked.

List which firewall you're using please - this seems to be firewall related.

Quote:

2/ I'm having problems with Outlook Express, cant seem to send or recieve emails, I get the messages below;
-------------------------------------
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
------------------------------------
After some research I found someone with similar problems to both that I have asked above... Pasted below;
------------------------------------
I did have a job accessing "secure?" websites such as my bank accounts etc.
Every time I got a home page up on the web, it would "hang" on the https
page requiring the customary login proceedure. Since I have been able to use
Outlook express, this peculiarity has also been cured ???. I was thinking it may
have been a Zone Alarm alarm issue, but it the problem cured "itself" whilst I was away at work, without any intervention from me. funny ??------------------------------------

So possibly they may be linked????? Any help on these posers would be much appreciated.

The error occurs if you use an ISP that blocks their users from using any SMTP server other than their own. But that doesn't seem to be the case with you, so it maybe related with the above. Disable your firewall, enable the Windows SP2 firewall from the "Security Center" in Control Panel and then retry accessing HTTP Secure sites and your email through Outlook.

Quote:

On an easier note... I cant remember how to get the outlook icon on themenu/status bar on my home pages/internet.???????? Help appreciated..

Find it in the Start menu, right-click>create shortcut>drag shortcut wherever you want it>right-click again>"rename" to rename it how you want it.

Quote:

One last one promise, I have had outlook files (addresses and saved emails) saved to a file called backup.pst, when I open it I get message asking what I want to open it with, I choose to find on internet and it links me to site microsoft, not too sure where to look from there...???

Open MS Outlook> File>Import and Export...> Import from other program or file> file of personal folders (.pst)> indicate the complete path for your backup *.pst file> indicate the folder into which you want to import the messages, and it will be done.

Quote:

Post complete,,,; not too bad for a 1st one??? I promise any more will be kept simple... Thanks.

Bad? Com'on that was dreadful!

Just kidding, very informative and well searched.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-problems-etc-etc-164468.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm wondering if you can assist me with a problem that I'm having. There are several people that operate one of my computers and I want to give them separate accounts but I want them to have limited access to what they can and cannot change. I am the administrator of the computer but when I add the new accounts they do not have access to be able to use IE shortcut to go online, I get a message that says that IE has encounter a problem and needs to shut down. How do I give new accounts access to the Internet without giving them administrator privileges on this computer?

A:Log In/Internet Problems

i'm not sure why you would get an error page, by default the limited account should have access to ie....have you tried mozilla firefox, see if the same thing happens
http://www.getfirefox.com

doesn't solve your exact problem, but may circumvent it while someone else posts some other solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/log-in-internet-problems.445207/
Relevancy 30.53%

Windows XP
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
3.06GHz, 504MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension.

My internet explorer 7 SP2 or opera will get a box saying it has to be closed and will end my session. I tried reinstalling java, ie and opera but to no avail. Any help is greatly recieved. Also my pc will sometimes restart itself without any warning.

A:Internet problems

Nobody knows whats up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.683009/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post about this problem, I hope it is. Okay, so here is the problem I'm having. I don't know why but three days ago I was not having any problems, until today.There is some webpages I cannot visit, unless I am using an anonymouse surfer.What I mean by "I cannot visit" is that the page is not found unless I use the anonymouse surfer.Also I have SpywareBlaster and when I try to update Spywareblaster it says "Error connecting to update server".I am having this problem with other programs/software too. I don't know if it is my router or what.Please help me out ^^(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)-Lemming

A:Having Problems With My Internet

It sounds to me like your anonymous surfing program is causing the problems. I has proably changed or added a proxy server that your internet connection now travels through.I would check your proxy server settings and depending on what type of connection to the net you have adjust your proxy setting as per your isp's recommendationsHope this helps.Mod Edit: Removed URL to commercial site. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54446/having-problems-with-my-internet/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi we have a Linksys WAG160Nv2 and we are getting slow speeds (See below)

First of all the router says its not designed for multiple PCs???? We have 2 phone 1 console and 3 pcs nearly always connected the the router, if the router has been on for a few days it will drop out.

If downloading it speed isnt constant as in, it downloads for .5 seconds, stops, then downloads all in the timeframe of a few seconds???? like it cant handle 2 things at once.

We also has 8mbps dsl, we recently switched to this plan, about on the 20th of something, then our speeds rocketed to 6-7Megabits and 600-700kilobytes

But now they only hit 300 if theres only one device connected

Finally is this test what it should be? anything wrong? we also use WDTE exchange.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You may find internet speeds drop if your ISP has sent an update to the router (they do that without notification). The best thing to do (which works for me) is to reboot the router.

Most routers are similar in the fact that they have a reset button on the back of the box, if you switch the router off and use a pen or similar pointy object to push the reset button (10 seconds is ample time). When you switch your router on you will notice that the lights flash as it does a self test and internet connection test. You should then be back to normal speed.

Note
Not all routers are reset in this manor, I suggest you read the documentation regarding a router reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158182-internet-problems.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Okay... I am not on my computer at the moment that is why I need help! I have a dell labtop with windows xp. I had problems with it so I had to reset it to factory settings =( Now I can't get on the internet. It tries to dial up the internet even though I have my broadband connected. My LAN settings are set to detect automatically yet I still cannot get onto the internet!
Someone please help me!!!!!
KrazyNia

When you first got broadband, did you need special software? If so, you will need to reinstall it.
Cheers,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213083/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

First time visitor. Within the last week, while on the internet:
- Will not go to my chosen homepage, even when I change it back. Keeps going to Gatewaybiz.com.
- Once on, and doing a search (Google, etc.) rather than route me to the chosen searched-for sight, it takes me to a variety of other search sites.
- Once there, cannot use the "back arrow" to go back.
-------
Have run 2 separate virus scans (Norton, and Housecall) with zero problems.
Ran "registry booster", repaired many files, but did not solve.
Run Adaware often, currently clean.
-------
THANK YOU!

Your home page has been hijacked. Go to this section of the forum:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

and read the very first thread- Read This before posting a log.
Then open a thread there describing your problems and post as directed.

That is the best advice for getting your problem resolved.

Cheers-
Andy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-141835.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Can someone please help me. The internet on my computer alone is not working. I ran a diagnostics on it and it said it had a problem trying to get the IP address. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem.

A:Internet problems!!!!

Are you using dial up? broadband? or dsl?

What is the make/model of the modem/router you're using?

then try going to..

start > run > type 'cmd' > type 'ipconfig' then paste the result here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-416291.html
Relevancy 30.53%

hello.
i was using my boys computer,
and it was in really bad shape,
so we decided to just reinstall windows xp and start over.
i did it, everything went fine,
except its not allowing us to connect to the internet..
im not sure at all how to fix this..
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 30.53%

I have Vista and while watching soccer on a P2P television I think I have picked up a virus. I get strange messages from web sites which I have never visited.
My computor is slower than normal
I was unable to download date from and information stick
my yahoo email is now listing incoming email by time(late) and not by date

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.923856/
Relevancy 30.53%

hello all internet problems first post i ve been having problems recently with my connection k k adsl the problem is basically a severely limit download rate tests show - internet problems k k and the symptoms are well slowness limited ability to surf slow download speeds etc i ve run scans with ad-aware avg anti-spyware anti-vir antivirus which found nothing here s a tracert on www techguy org and ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings A gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name a-d c b f Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - F- C- E-E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway PPP adapter adsl Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings A gt tracert www techguy org Tracing route to techguy org over a maximum of hops ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Trace complete hijackthis log Logfile of internet problems HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C PROGRA MOZILL firefox exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe G downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co il R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default about blank R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file F - REG win ini load C TCWIN PIPELINE remind exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe... Read more

I'd suggest contacting your ISP, I don't see any reason locally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.567658/
Relevancy 30.53%

ok my laptop is a dell 1501 running on vista
i have broadband..when i click "connect to" theres "btvoyager" under wireless connections and "broadband connection" under dial up and vpn. i need to connect to both for my internet to work.
anyways every now and then after leaving my internet connected for 10 or so hours it stops working and when i go to status of the "broadband connection" it says something about limited connectivity.
for the past week this has been happening about 15 mins after i load up my laptop, the only way to connect again is to restart my laptop (ive tried diagnosing/repairing the problem on both btvoyager and broadbandconnection, ive tried disconnecting from both and reconnecting, and other things
the only firewall i have is the windows firewall,ive tried disabling it but it doesnt make any difference
any help appreciated

A:problems with my internet.

hello have you tried, connect to. right click on btvoyager select properties. choose connection tab, tick the box that says always connect if in range..

hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-my-internet-391337.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

New to the site and looking for some help. My laptop is not connecting to the internet anymore and when I try to check what teh problem was it was an invalid IP address. The computer is around 3 years old but I think it might have some malicious software on it. (brother had use of it so you can imagine what hes been looking up), a bit embarressed to take it to a repair shop but cannot download antivirus off the net to that computer as obviously cannot connect to the net.

It is imperative that the computer is working in the next couple of week as I need to use it. If anyone can help out a damzel in distress it would be muchos appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Confused!

Relevancy 30.53%

Hello all first time poster problems. serious Internet having here For some reason I am unable to access hotmail com websites that used to load extremely quick are now taking forever to load and I can Internet having serious problems. no longer access Windows Live Messenger or AOL Instant Messenger It says I keep timing out I recently was googling this problem and came across a program called quot MicrosoftFixIt quot that I downloaded and ran but I fear that only made the problem worse This may be less a malware problem and more a network problem but I am not sure Here is how my network is set up The cable line from the wall goes and plugs into my cable modem ISP is comcast Modem is a webstar DPX series From the modem the ethernet cord goes and plugs into my vonage box model number VDV -VD After that the other ethernet line connects the vonage box to my linksys wireless router Model number BEFW S version From there the final ethernet cord connects the router to my computer In this fashion everything has worked This is not a new network that has been set up it has been running for months There is a second computer on the network that also cannot access hotmail I also game a lot with the program ventrilo running and noticed lately that whenver I browse the web my ventrilo ping shoots up to an unmanageble number and I get disconnected from my game It s like my programs are not sharing bandwith or something This NEVER used to be a problem It s like my internet can no longer do some things and has lost the ability to multitask please help me If this is in the wrong forum or something forgive a newbie and accept my sincerest apologies Things I have done to try to fix this problem Configured so that I no longer use a static IP address Ran AVG Scan came back clean Ran Spybot SnD Scan Also Clean Ran MicrosoftFixIt HJT Log Below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x AIM aim exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com USCON R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-having-serious-problems.905558/
Relevancy 30.53%

Okay, every time i go to vanswarpedtour.com and then click on something else my internet just stops working. It just says could not connect to server or server not found. Is it just the website? By the way the web browser is mozilla firefox. What do you guys think the problem is?

Cleared browser cache and cookies? My first guess would be a corrupted cookie from the site locking you up since it's just one site affecting you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405708/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, Uhh....I Have a really big frustrating problem right now.My 2 Wire Gateway Modem keeps on disconnecting every time anyone turns on a laptop or turn off, and after that, it keeps disconnecting 2-3 minutes for like 5 secs. The "Broadband Link" light turns red for about a minute then it turns yellow again. If no-ones on the computer besides me, then it doesn't disconnect, If there are people using the internet besides me, then it'll start disconnecting like crazy. It's very frustrating when I play games.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.1035572/
Relevancy 30.53%

Internet connection keeps freezing on a regular basis as do other processes now I come to think of it Never disconnects justs pauses for quite a while Got DSL broadband and it's never happened before internet problems Also sometimes have internet problems problems shutting down sometimes don't I have been through all the usual antivirus and spyware and it all seems clean Just hoping you may be able to spot something on the HJT log below One thing I have done recently is install a new Epson printer but not sure if this coincides with the start of the problems Many thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files D-Tools daemon exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI XE EXEC WINDOWS system lexpps exeC Program Files CyberLink Power Go Power GoExpress exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC Program Files BT Broadband Help bin mpbtn exeC hijack this HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tiny comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p B PVER ar homeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www bt com btbroadbandstartR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exeO - HKLM Run SupaDial C Program Files SupaDial SupaDial exe AO - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Router Adsl dslagent exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PRO... Read more

Hi djh72 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any problems with infections or malware in the HijackThis log. It is clean.Just to be safe, let's run a different scan for items that might not show up in a HijackThis log. If that is also clean then the next step would be to contact your ISP and have them check your connection.Download WinPFind.zip and unzip the contents to the C:\ folder.Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Locate the c:\winpfind\winpfind.exe file and double-click it to run it. Now click the Start Scan button to begin the scan.When the scan is complete reboot normally and post the WinPFind.txt file (located in the WinPFind folder) back here along with a new HijackThis log and I will review the information when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29553/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

i have yahoo as my home page and when i launch firefox, it automatically goes to page cannot be displayed. so i would have to restart it once or twice and it usually let's me browse the web. i have dial up and i can usually get around 30 kps ( i live out in the country.) and when i play online games, i lag horribly, it takes like 8 seconds for my guy to do my command. and i have nothing else running. is this a problem with my internet provider?

When you connect first, leave it idle for a while and then try to open firefox. See if that works. If I flip on my connection here and then automatically launch firefox I'd get the "this page cannot be displayed" screen too, I just have to be patient. I think it's the same for everyone. As for playing online with a 30kps connection, well, there's not much hope there afaik. It's just not going to be fast enough. I'm guessing you live in America somewhere?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems.51573/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi last night I started up my laptop and found out that the wireless internet didn t work I checked the connections quot Show all connections quot and the router and it s all fine and our other computer this one connects and works fine Apparently the laptop is connected but doesn t think it is Or something because i can t load any internet pages or really seem to connect even though it says it is That has actually been happening for a while while And Hfs.exe Internet Problems i m NOT at my house and trying to connect to other networks but it hasn t been that much Internet Problems And Hfs.exe of a problem However now it s happening ALL the time When my laptop starts up it seems to work okay and be connected until a box popped up and said quot hfs exe has encountered a problem and needs to close quot After i receive that message the internet acts like it s not connected I ve run AVG Spybot Search amp Destroy and Ad-Aware SE Personal and cleared out all of that stuff So if anybody has any useful bits of info that would be great Thanks

A:Internet Problems And Hfs.exe

Do you know which program this hfs.exe file belongs to? A quick internet search shows it to be a HTTP File Server. Maybe you should try uninstalling it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119845/internet-problems-and-hfsexe/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have been experiencing an Internet blackout on my computer for weeks except when I run it in Safe Mode Virus scans nil I've un reinstalled drivers screwed around with different settings etc I'm at my wit's end here Any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Problems Internet Client Firewall ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Internet Problems SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C PROGRA AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymSPort exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Common Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files ThinkVantage SystemUpdate UCLauncherService exe C PROGRA AVG avgfwsrv exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage SafeGuard Internet Problems PrivateDisk pdservice exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA AVG avgcc exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Common Logger logmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Internet Problems Documents and Settings Alex Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS FORM TOOLBR O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run LPManager C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe O - HKLM Run PDService exe quot C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage SafeGuard PrivateDisk pdservice exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - Extra c... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-151340.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have recently installed WinXP in parallel to Win SE ie multiboot and have installed Firefox on both systems The internet still works perfectly under Win SE but under WinXP my internet experience is to say please problems - Internet help the least tempermental I have the same problems with Internet Explorer I have no problems pulling up the initial search page for both Firefox and Explorer but then it Internet problems - please help all goes pear shaped If I enter a search into Google the usual list of potential sites come up But that is where my problem starts From here if I click on most of the items nothing happens ie the circle in the top RH corner of the screen spins but that's it nothing progresses any further The strange thing is Internet problems - please help that this is not the case for all sites just most and there does not appear to be any correlation between what does and doesn't work other than most German sites ie de do not work a little strange seeing as I am based in Germany For both Win and WinXP I connect through the same firewall and same router and on looking at the activity on the firewall this does not appear to be where the block is and as I mentioned earlier if I log on to the internet via Win it all works fine Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be and how to fix it It is getting very frustrating working in XP and then having to log off and back in in order to use the internet Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Andrew

A:Internet problems - please help

Is it windows XP Service Pack 2? Then you have a security center in control panel with a build-in firewall. Disable it, since you already have a firewall.
Maybe a conflict?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-please-help-57308.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a Dell Inspiron B130 suddenly I can no longer get on to the internet. It is telling me that my the status is associated and my signal is excellent, but no go. Other wireless computers in the house are having no problem.

Also, and just as sudden, when I go to the wireless network connection and want to choose a wireless network it says that "windows cannot configure this wireless connection" and if I have enabled another program to manage this to use that software, but I have done no such thing.

helpmehelpmehelpme!!!

Thanks!

Relevancy 30.53%

I m currently have been experiencing numerous computer problems and various things going on First thing is that pop ups are occurring everywhere on all pages Text is underlined and when you scroll over them there are numerous pop ups that occurs Also when I am on a page at the bottom product and coupons pop ups occurs One of the pop ups takes up the entire bottom of the page showing advertisements I have less problems when ups everywhere!! pop internet problems I use safari browsers but my husband uses intent explorer and it barely works and when it does it is extremely slow and has more pop up than Safari My web pages also redirect a lot I am constantly getting a message to update adobe flash and it takes me to a site that looks like adobe I currently run avast and last year I had trend installed and I no longer use it but I m not sure it has been installed because it is still located in the control internet problems pop ups everywhere!! panel section When I try and uninstall it says cannot due to interruption They may be interfering with each other I m not sure I also have a program cal utorrent that installed itself on my computer a while back ago Since I don t use it it might not be an issue DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Islas at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated Taboola Footer AV Trend Micro AntiVirus Disabled Updated F AC- AA - D- C- E E SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Trend Micro AntiVirus Disabled Updated D - C A- -BE C-BB CF BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x SearchProtect bin CltMngSvc exe C Users TEMP Islas-PC AppData Roaming DefaultTab DefaultTab DTUpdate exe C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S STB EXE C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C Program Files x Fast Free Converter FastFreeConverterUpdt exe C Program Files x Gateway Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system dmwu exe C Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Program Files Updater By SweetPacks ExtensionUpdaterService exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Wajam Updater WajamUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C ... Read more

A:internet problems pop ups everywhere!!

Hy
my name is Daniel and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
I am currently visiting an evening school and working nightshift only which might be evening for you. In this time I am mostly online with my mobile devices and won't be able to reply.

Click > Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs (if present):
Search Protect by conduit
SelectionLinks
ShopAtHome.com Toolbar
Wajam
Vafmusic2 Toolbar

Reboot when you have uninstalled the last one.

I see more than one Anti Virus Programm installed. In your case Avast and TrendMicro
Having 2 AVs may sound great but they can cause conflicts with each other, can lead to system slow-downs, instability, crashes and will provide less protection, not more.

So I highly recommend to uninstall one of them via Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs and let me know which one you have removed.

Download ComboFix from this location:

Link 1

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to this topic How to disable your security applications
====================================================
Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

*Note - if after running ComboFix you see a message similar to 'registry key marked for deletion..' rebooting the machine will resolve that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-problems-pop-ups-everywhere-697388.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, i recently bought a hp desktop with windows xp home on it. I thought it was a steal for only 25 dollars . anyways eveything seems ot be good i used the disks and rest it back to factory and i am having a problem with connecting it to the internet. It recognizes the ethernet cord connected, but it will not connect to the internet.

ive tried:
-resetting the router

-typing in a manual ip adress and all that
-i took out the chip and dusted it off and well dusted out all the internals. everything seems to be running fine no reported issues

but now i am out of ideas. before i take it in to the shop i wanted to see if anyone else had an idea.

-stats-

Windows XP home SP1
Intel pentium 4
1gb ram

--------------------------
for my ethernet
Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

any help will be much appreciated

I am assuming you have cable. I would unhook the router and run the cable right from the modem to your computer. I would set the computer's local area connection to obtain an IP automatically and also obtain DNS automatically. If that doesn't work, before taking your computer anywhere I'd contact my ISP to see what specifications they use for internet setup. If your computer sees the cable is attached I don't believe it's a problem with your hardware, more of a settings problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.721752/
Relevancy 30.53%

i am trying to fix my girlfriends computer, it seems like everything is running fine except the internet. i can get online with my computer but when i hook up her tower and try to get connection it always says the page can not be displayed! is there something i have to change in order to get my dsl to pull up?

Id suggest that you head over to the security centre and read the 5 tips to do before submitting a log.

Have you got, 'Work Offline' ticked in the file menu??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-149190.html
Relevancy 30.53%

There are weird things going on with my computer right now. I have Firefox 3.0 and IE but neither work with these problems...

Certain sites do not allow me to log in. I register, sign in, and then after signing in it just takes me back to the register page. Some of these sites include beRecruited.com and playfire.com.

Also, if I click links on facebook.com that would show pictures of my friends and such, it just shows up as a blank spot on the page. I think this has to be something with my computer because it happens on both internet browsers I have.

Does anyone have a solution to these problems?

A:Problems with Internet

Have you enabled cookies to be set by the browser?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-internet-336694.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I am having a problem with my internet
My connection works fine but i cant go on any internet applications like MSN, Internet Explorer, Online games like Warcraft
This message saying "Internet Explorer stopped to work" or "MSN stopped to work" pop up after I run one of these programs. (I got french version of windows so I dont know if the messages are right)
In these dialog boxes, theres a button that says fix problems, but it cant find any problems.
The only internet program I can run is Internet Explorer (64 bits) that is in my start menu.
I have a D-Link DI-524 Router and Nod32 antivirus

Thanks you for helping me

A:Problems with internet

Are you running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista? If so, why?
How do you know your connection is fine if you can't connect to the internet using any web browser?
Is the exact text of the error message you see "Internet Explorer stopped to work."? That doesn't appear to be correct grammar. Are you running a non-English version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-internet.543315/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am using an IBM Pentium with GB SDRAM I Internet problems have Windows XP on Internet problems partition amp Vista on the other I rarely use the XP though I know that I probably need to add some more RAM but using SmartRAM seems to be working at the moment as far as regular computer operation is concerned The Internet however is incredibly slow I have run many scans to try to Internet problems weed out any infections that might be affecting it but to no avail I downloaded all of the recommended programs that I am supposed to use to try to get help on this site but I am not able to even run HijackThis as an Administrator Internet problems That option does not even come up when I right-click on the program icon It does show up for other programs though I really hope someone can assist me because I am really at my wits end Thank you in advance to anyone that will be kind enough to assist me Please let me know if t here is any more information you will need I have a cable internet connection which is why I especially cannot understand the speed problems I notice the lag whenever I try to play a game from Facebook or play a video on youtube or open a new page it takes forever to load Thank you again for any help you may be able to provide

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408947/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys I have a REALLY strange problem The other night I shut down the desktop and the laptop as normal The next day I can t get the desktop on to the net at all All they did was turn on the desktop and plug in the Belkin ASDL router The desktop is an ACER Apsire running Windows XP home edition and Zonealarm Pro and AVG free edition Windows Explorer and MS Outlook It is connected to the net via a cable The laptop is connected through the SAME Belkin ASDL modem via it s internal WLAN card and is also running the above software But the Laptop is working on the internet problems ? Lan not net fine Strangely enough the Explorer on the desktop can reach the router page and can work on it but not get on the internet HELP the family can t get on the internet problems not Lan ? net to get email and we are expecting some important emails soon I spent two four hours going over and over looking for why it wasn t working Hair being torn out nails being bitten and going grey rapidly Thanks for any help Lensmeister p s I forgot to mention that I can still move files over the LAN between the Desktop and the Laptop nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

can access internet ok but if i go to log on to msn hotmail or messenger i get standard page cant be found message this happens after inputting log in details and clicking sign in. same happens if i want to access my bank account.please help i've been struggling for days trying to solve this.

Microsoft Support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.412167/
Relevancy 30.53%

Two days ago my internet Problems Internet went down I have a D-link it is still transmitting but not recieving so I doubt that is the problem Also I ran a system restore and the internet worked until I restarted the computer I have run Internet Problems both Ad-Aware and SpyBot and deleted the problems but still no luck I have a Dell Windows Xp Internet Problems Home Edition Pentium Ghz Mb of Ram Here is my HiJack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C PROGRA Iomega System ActivityDisk exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WFXSVC EXE C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files WinFax WFXMOD EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C PROGRA WinFax WFXSWTCH exe C WINDOWS System wfxsnt exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C PROGRA MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk AD KClient exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Express exe C Program Files WinFax WFXCTL EXE C Program Files D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G AirPlus exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Iomega Iomega Backup dtsc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C WINDOWS System MsiExec exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files HiJack THis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www srch-results com quicksearch asp keyphrase R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook URLSearch Class - B D - A - cae-A D -A B B D BB - C WINDOWS System winspoe dll F - REG system ini UserInit c windows system userinit exe O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS Updreg exe O - HKLM Run AHQInit C Program Files Creative SBLive Program AHQInit exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program F... Read more

Relevancy 30.53%

I've tried all the scans I could download and copy to this computer It takes about and Problems Internet Other No minutes to boot to windows and then won't connect to the internet because it says the RPC server is down I suspect some virus or other malicious program because it was forcing reboot with a message like MSBlaster but I can't find anything with any of the scans I've tried Maybe this will help Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Brad No Internet and Other Problems Swan on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Unable to create WMI object The operation No Internet and Other Problems completed successfully Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- No Internet and Other Problems HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTSVCCDA EXE C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee RedirSvc RedirSvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MpfSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Temp anti dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net comcast html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot SDHelper dll O - Toolbar no name - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - no file O - Global Startup AutorunsDisabled O - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - AutorunsDisabled - file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem no name - AutorunsDisabled - file missing O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin NPJPI dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin NPJPI dll O - DPF B - - - A - A DE AD Snapfish Activia - http photos walmart com WalmartActivia cab O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A McAfee com Operating System Class - http download mcafee com molbin sh mcinsctl cab O - DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - http fpdownload macromedia com get ultrashim cab O - DPF BCC FF - D - -A E-C E ADA DwnldGroupMgr Class - http download mcafee com molbin sh mcgdmgr cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub s sh swflash cab O - Pro... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/no-internet-and-other-problems-174265.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I hope this is the right place to post this problem I recently was attacked by the Internet Security virus After installing spyware doctor and spybot I was able to remove the virus and all other trojens involved Internet Problems Everything seemed fine and back to normal I turned on the computer the next day and Spybot popped up that there Internet Problems was a change in registry request using ISTRAY I saw that ISTRAY was not a virus online so I clicked ok and the POOF No internet I have Firefox and IE installed and in Firefox when I load any website I get a blank white screen and in the tab has untitled No matter what website I try and access it has the same result IE has the same result of no website and the can t load screen I have checked IPCONFIG and there is a good ip I was able to ping YAHOO com I can even ping the laptop I am on now on the same router but still no functional internet This is getting annoying and I am running out of ideas nbsp

Boot into Safe Mode with Netwoking.

Then,

Please click here to download and install version 2.0.2 of the HijackThis Installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

Run HijackThis in Normal Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.898436/
Relevancy 30.53%

I moved out of my moms recently and moved in with my problems. Internet dad and all three of Internet problems. the computers i have worked fine when at my moms and their i was using charter as my isp now ive moved over and i just got a new contract with comcast But the internet i have now is slow and sometimes i ll have to refresh a page - times to get video or all the content to load and Internet problems. work Its a wireless network with desktops and a laptop on the network of the desktops and the laptops have zonealarm pro for their firewall and anti virus and the other desktop has macfee i ve tired all with the firewall on and off the problem still occurs and its not the router Internet problems. cause i was using the same router over at my other house Does anyone know a fix for this i also have a xbox on the network and the connection on that is usually pretty decent though i have had it disconnect times in the last couple weeks when playing online Any help is greatly apreiciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Hello every body

Please help I cannot connect to some web sites on the internet explorer!

I am getting the error message
Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS OR FTP
This is probably caused by firewall settings on this computer, I have checked every thing, it says check firewall settings for the HTTP PORT (80) and HTTPS PORT(443) and FTP PORT (21)
Can any body please help me as if they have come a cross this problem
I will be great full THANKS..

My broadband connection is showing excellent between the router and pc with both wireless or with the lead.

Ibrahim.

what firewall do you have or ever had on the PC _ like norton mcafee etc

post back an ipconfig /all and PING tests - see below

try connecting by cable and using safemode with networking
keep tapping F8 as the PC starts a menu appears choose safemode with networking let us know if it works like that

also have a look at
control panel > internet options > connection tab> lan setting button > whats there

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.973565/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, i recently installed xp pro on my computer, and since the installation, I can not get IE to connect to my router. I understand this is a common problem, however, all the answers I came across when I was looking online didnt fix the problem. I already went into my IE tools and made sure the correct boxes were checked, I also did the winsock reset and ipconfig commands I came across. If there is anything else I should do, I would greatly appreciate the suggestion.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-internet-problems-431834.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi

I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, so sorry if it isn't . I must also apologise in advance, for I'm not very good with computers, nor am I familiar with the jargon.

Anyway, I'm trying to get my laptop (Dell Inspiron|6400) back to 'normal' again after having its hard drive fixed and data wiped due to it having a virus. I'm currrently having problems with getting on the internet: Network connections tells me that I'm connected to my home network, but when I click on the IE icon, it says that the webpage cannot be displayed. I've tried repairing the connection, unplugging the router for 20 seconds and I've followed the instructions strictly in the manual, but havent had any luck.

I would really appreciate any help with this problem .

Relevancy 30.53%

I need massive help,
I need to get internet in my garage which is at the bottom of my garden. I recently renovated it into a man music studio/man cave and need to get internet in there. Could someone suggest some ideas as im completely blank on this one.
Thank you very much in advance for you help.

A:I NEED HELP PLEASE D: Internet problems.

Assuming you have power as it is a music studio I would try TP Link Homeplugs as the first option, other manufacturers are available.
Run a CAT5 cable to the garage.
Position your router in a window facing the garage and attach a USB wifi dongle to a USB extension lead and hang up in view of the router?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/i-need-help-please-d-internet-problems-4603464/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello TSF community Over the last few days weeks I have noticed - help Internet problems need small drops in my internet on my computer The internet doesnt totally drop out its just that something is using the bandwidth and internet resources I'm thinking its something not supposed to be on the system ive installed some port scanners to see if ther is something using the internet at the times when this happens so far no luck Then this morning when i got up i noticed that i could not get Internet problems - need help to my email or access the internet at all in fact the computer im on now and others in my house are able to use the internet and there is no problem from the cable company The computer knows that the internet cable in plugged in but it is not getting a connection it is set up like it always is to automatically be assigned an ip and connection on the network and i dont know what to do So i decided that i would seek help I was referred here by some friends online before for help and i decided that you guy would be my best hope Anyways as i cannot access the internet on that computer i was unable to run the panda test However i can tell you that i have run AVG anti spyware and trend micro housecall and cleaned all the infections they listed that was about days ago I was able to get DSS off this computer it is vey old and i can barely do anything on it and i put it on the other computer and ran it so im wondering is there anything in this scan that you can see that could be either a cause or a possible fix to my problem or a problem s you see in the log i believe it is caused by spyware or something like that but i am no expert so i would have no idea I have no idea of the exact problem and thats what i would like you to help me find I would be very thankful for any help also im not totally computer illiterate so i can follow help instructions Regards Graham M Main txt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Default on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Default exe --------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Common Files Virtual Token vtserver exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files IBM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files IBM Security uvmserv exe C WINDOWS LogWatNT exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program ... Read more

A:Internet problems - need help

For clarification:
avg and trend micro didnt find infections, they found internet cookies only. these (to my knowledge) are normally there and i dont think they are a problem. these are what were deleted in the scans and mis labaled as "infections" before
Thx :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-problems-need-help-171603.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi there,

Can someone please help me?

I'm experiencing some PC problems. I recently downloaded McAfee and Zone Alarm and discovered quite a few viruses. I managed to delete what i could find.
I've also used Ad-Aware, Stinger and apywareguard.

Here's the problem i'm left with:

Everytime i use Google search engine, the first page always comes up with search results for adult sites:

E.g. Adult Friend Finder Sex Personals!

I've also found that whenever i use Kazaa, Imesh and/or Limewire, my AOL internet connectiion cuts off but my braodband connection registers me still active and i still get the Pop Ups. Also when i checked Zone Alarm Internet it says that 2 different connections are active with 2 different IP addresses. One is Aol but the other is simply called the Internet 2.

Can someone please help me?

Thank You.

I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.A member of the HijackThis Team will show you, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.Read How to post a HijackThis Log. Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26666/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

Ok I am using a speedstream 6520 router, and am having some problems. I game a lot, so it drives me up the wall. During the day, my ping literally doubles, every single day, and has been happening for about a month. It happens between 4pm-10pm. My ping in the morning and late at night is around 60-80, and during those times it is around 200-400. I don't understand what is going on, because downloads and my download speed never changes...which is 1700kbps. I called my ISP today, when the ping was around 500, and they said it was running smoothly. I don't understand why the ping would jump that high during the exact same times every single day, and how 300ms would be my "Optimal" speed, when I get 70 in the morning/late at night. Any help would be extremely helpful. Thank you

Hi -

Run Speedtest net during each period --> http://speedtest.net/

Check Resource Monitor to see what is using Internet -
START | type perfmon /res

Check #'s in SAFEMODE w/ Networking during each period - tap F8 key repeatedly during boot-up

Make sure wifi & Ethernet drivers are updated.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-problems-490747.html
Relevancy 30.53%

hi, my computer was working fine for the first few months i've had it, but now my internet goes out every hour-hour and a half. along with the internet going out, the task manager doesnt come up and it has an error, but my computer works if i restart it, but the same thing happens after an hour or so. i know it's not the wireless connection because other computers are connected and all work fine when mine goes out. i think it might be a windows error because i've run 3-4 different virus scans and it always comes up clean.

You may want to defrag your harddrive if it's possible. Also use spybot/adaware combined to see if you have any malware, http://www.safer-networking.org (Spybot S&D), http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/ (Ad-Aware). I would do a scan with both of these programs first and then defrag your harddrive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74748/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I'm new here and was hoping I could get some help.

My computer has been working fine for the last few months with Windows XP SP2. I have Belkin Wireless internet connection that links the the computer, which has been fine also.

However, in the last few days, it appears only my user can access the internet. When logging on as a different user, the Belkin Wireless Networking Utility says 'You do not appear to be connected to the internet', yet once I go back on my user everything works fine.

I've reinstalled Internet Explorer and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've also created new users to see if they're affected and they were.

I'm so confused and frustrated by this (particularly since my laptop broke within the last month too but that's a different matter!).

I really hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Chris

Hello and Welcome to TSF

So you actually cannot access the internet? Can you view available wireless networks and connect this way?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-259440.html
Relevancy 30.53%

i'm having a problems with people on my contact list are receiving blank or email from a drug company with my email address i called at&t but they wanted to charge me $150 to send a tech to my home. called yahoo but they can'nt fix the problem and i also called mcafee they said that my computer and email was fine. i'm hoping someone out there who had the same problem can give me some answers so i can fix it .

Which type of email account is this? Is it your ISP mail account or something like Yahoo/Hotmail?

If the malware is on your machine, start by reading this:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-552408.html
Relevancy 30.53%

i m posting this for my friend because she can barely use her internet chrome doesn t work at all and the homepage had been reset to http animebreaker com index php a site she s never been to her firefox is problems internet extremely slow- i had her download hijackthis but it took an extremely long time i m talking to her on aim tho which works perfectly i ve pasted her HJT log below please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM internet problems on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files World of Warcraft Wow exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Rona Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Rona Desktop HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Micr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.946025/
Relevancy 30.53%

My landlord's DSL connection/router is always freezing up and has to be restarted which is a problem since it's in his room. Is there anyway to fix this? It's a real pain. Is it a provider problem or because of a cheap router or something else?

Thanks

Relevancy 30.53%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil internet problems Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C internet problems Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil f exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - F -DC - -A C- F D C - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE internet problems B - no file O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - no file O - BHO Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Browser Helper - f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - no file O - BHO no name internet problems - - F - D - - D F - no file O - BHO no name - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - no file O - BHO no name - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - no file O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO no name - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - no file O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - no file O - BHO no name - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar The Weather Channel Toolbar - E E E- AC - E- A- A E - C Windows System TwcToolbarIe dll O - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - no file O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem The Weather Channel - E E E- AC - E- A- A E - no file O - Extra button Yahoo Services - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - no file O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - no file O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - no file O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system wpclsp dll O - DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - O - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL -- End of file - bytes

Relevancy 30.53%

OK am new here first post, so here goes...
I am currently with Virgin Broadband and run on 10meg, i run without a phone line.
Recently, my internet loses it connection for a few seconds, i would be signed out of MSN, web pages wouldn't display or they take a long time to load/open.
Is there a way of preventing this, Virgin have done a line test and said everything seems fine.
If there is no way of sorting this, what other possibilities would i look at to have broadband without a phone line (i don't see the point in paying the phone line rental when i have a mobile phone with enough credits).
I have looked into the satellite broadband, what in your opinion is best and will the satellite broadband cope with my internet usage (am online a lot).
Thanks guys

Relevancy 30.53%

I have been having some weird problems lately When I click certain links and there are quite a few that this HJT, internet with problems happens my internet cable just closes every window HJT, problems with internet I have open quickly I also had several programs that I couldn t click the shortcut on the desktop for the program to open word I just reinstalled the program so they would work again I am not sure if these two are related I have scanned for viruses adaware ect Nothing matters Here is a log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes E WINDOWS System smss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe E WINDOWS System DRIVERS dcfssvc exe E WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe E Program Files KODAK KODAK Picture Transfer Software PTSsvc exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E Program Files QuickTime qttask exe E WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe E Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe E PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe E Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe E Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe E Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - E Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - E Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - E WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run USRpdA E WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe RunServices Device cpipe-USRpdA O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot E Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility E WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot E Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run BearShare quot E Program Files BearShare BearShare exe quot pause O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot E PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk E Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res E PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - E Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - E Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - E PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - E Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF F - E - D - - ED - http supportsoft adelphia net sdccommon download tgctlins cab O - DPF DE B - A- B - C -A RRAAINAX RRAAINAX - http www in honda com rraaapps rraasec codebase RRAAINAX RraainAX CAB O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com bonnie us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex EPUWALControl v - - - cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - DPF A - C- E - B- D EC D CRAVOnline Object - http... Read more

A:HJT, problems with internet

I just went to "housecall" and as soon as I hit scan it closed every window to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-problems-with-internet.323562/
Relevancy 30.53%

This post is for my sister I Internet Problems don't really have a problem with the Internet but it seems she does Ok what she said was that when she has to get on the Internet she has to go to the Start Menu - gt Connet To - gt then ISP instead of just clicking on the Internet Icon but I can just click on the icon and the internet will come on and we have dial-up and we have our own profiles Internet Problems on the computer I guess she doesn't like doing that so can someone tell me how to fix it so she stop asking me how to fix it The next problem is when she gets on the Internet the only website that she can get is the homepage and I can go to any website as you can tell by how I wrote this question The first problem she can live with but if you know how to fix it please tell and the second too

For the first problem, click on tools, then internet options and then click on the connections tab. Make sure her ISP connection is listed under Dialup and private networking settings: and then make sure the setting always dial my connection iwhen its not present. See if that fixes the first problem.

The second problem is weird. What kind of connection is this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14301/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

The other day, I was deleting unneeded files on my laptop. I deleted ThinkVantage Access Connections, thinking it was just another space consuming file. After this my internet stopped working do you think it was because of the file. If so, what can I do to get it back and if not what can I do to connect to the internet. The laptop is not sending out a signal, and all the other phones, and computers are working in the house.

What is Access Connections

ThinkVantage Access Connections is a connectivity assistant program for your ThinkPad computer. It enables you to quickly switch the network settings and Internet settings by selecting a location profile. You can define the network settings and Internet settings in the Location Profile for modem/wired LAN/Wireless LAN network devices, and then restore that profile whenever you need it. By switching the location profile, you can connect to the network instantly without reconfiguring your settings when you move from office to home or on the road.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.866010/
Relevancy 30.53%

Good Morning TSG

I'm having problems with accessing internet on my laptop, on our home wireless network.
It's so slow! We have the router downstairs, when i am sitting next to it, it's slower than the PC upstairs i'm typing this on! It's recent, with no hardware changes. And at least 1 PC on the network works fine.
Any ideas? it's taking over 200s to load expedia.nl, but then engadget.com only takes 10-40s.
it's reeeeeeeally unreliable and main pages will load (slowly) but clicking on links yields nothing..
It's not bandwith issues either, we have a 3mb connection, and the problems are the same no matter the usage.
The speed on the laptop is just so unreliable.

any ideas?

thanks

*Bumperization*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.444354/
Relevancy 30.53%

im using windows xp sp2 on two computers connected to a router that is connected to the DSL modem.
before, everything was fine until recently, our internet connection seemed like the heart of a dying man. we have to click on the "repair" button everyonce in a while if the internet stops.

its getting a annoying and we dont know if its software, hardware or ISP problem.

any ideas into it?

If your service box is close you could run a wire straight from the box to the modem to see if that is you problem. Call your ISP and have them conduct a line test from thier end.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34684/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

hiya guys i have followed ur guide to checking for spyware and malware and stuff and im going to post here my dds txt files and also attach my other scan to lets use see if i have got any malware or spyware or stuff as im have problems with bad pop ups and thing thanks alot and also i dont have a back up of windows thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by deanmorton at on Internet pop ups and bad internet problems Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT bad pop ups and internet problems SP Windows Defender enabled Updated bad pop ups and internet problems D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Windows vsnpstd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Users deanmorton Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe c Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe c Program Files TOSHIBA SMARTLogService TosIPCSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users deanmorton Desktop dds com C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe

A:bad pop ups and internet problems

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

It appears you didn't post the entire DDS.txt in your last post. If you didn't save it, you will have to run dds.com again.

Please copy/paste the entire DDS.txt log in your next reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bad-pop-ups-and-internet-problems-439192.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I am new to your site and love all the information I have seen.

I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem?

When I am on the net I continually have about a 30 delay switching from site to site. Most of the time when I try to go to another site, another page comes up which redirects me to some search site, then the computer freezes for about 30 seconds. I try to close the out of the redirected site with no success.

I have scanned my computer for any viruses and run scan disk, defragged, and everything else I can think of.

I do however keep getting a virus warning that I can not seem to remove: WIN32:TINY-JC[Trj]
Which I tell Avast to delete but it keeps coming back, could this be the issue????

HELP

Seems to be some sort of trojan downloader thingy.Have you tried removing it in safe mode.In any case you better go here and read the pinned topicshttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/Another thing you could try is Kaspersky anti-virus, since it seems the trojan has been added to the database.If you cannot remove it, it might be a good idea to post a hijack this log in the approppriate section.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118660/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

I own a Windows XP laptop (Inspiron 1300), and my wireless router is the D-link Dir-615 Wireless N router.

My problem is that I connect to the router perfectly fine and I am getting 56MbPs or what ever it is, however it comes up "Limited or no connection" and the Packets sent:Packets received is something like 68:3. I have not had internet at home for about a month now. I dunno what to do, and my computer is the only one not connecting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-426166.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Not too sure if i m in the right board sorry if i m not Well my internet has been rondomly cutting off modems completely reseting randomly When I right click the quot Local Area Connection quot in Network Connections it freezes and takes about minutes for that window to unfreeze It does however say i Internet problems m connected and working yet the modem can t connect I tryed my modem on my Xbox don t have another computer to Internet problems try and it works just like normal no problems in any games online I also noticed when I go to my XP firewall I get this message Followed by this one when yes is clicked I then found in my Local Area properties this page I did as it says and I restored to a time when I knew my computer had no problems but the EXACT same problem still lingers Nothing I do works I scanned with AntiVirus programs Ad-Aware SE and HiJackThis Heres what my HiJack got Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files NuCam CamCheck CamCheck exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Documents and Settings Kurt Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www elcosystems com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www elcosystems com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults su http www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-ca msntb dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-ca msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run CamCheck C Program Files Nu... Read more

Relevancy 30.53%

Facebook, Tumblr log in page, Pottermore and Apple pages will not load on any wed browser (Chrome, Firefox and IE) or any computer. All computers run windows 7 and one is very new. The web browser will just keep spinning until it times out.
"Error 7 (net::ERR_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out." (chrome)
I can access tumblr tags and blogs but not the log in page. My ipod will load both facebook and tumblr but only occasionally loads itunes store.
I have tried accessing the sites at through another network and it works. I have no proxys.
So I think it is something to do with the modem/ router.
The router is Wireless G ADSL2+ Router
Would appreciate any help
Thanks

A:Problems With internet

do you have other PCs and are they able to connect to the sites ?

is it only sites that start https: that you have an issue with ?

I have tried accessing the sites at through another network and it works.Click to expand...

can you explain - is this in a friends house or cafe etc - or do you have another network at home ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-internet.1083480/
Relevancy 30.53%

I believe it must be a problem i have with the internet. Everytime i connect it seems to work fine for a few minutes then cuts off. IT takes approx a few minutes for it to start working again. It is anyones guess how long it works for before the same thing happens again. This is getting very frustrating now and i dont know what to do. Please help!
I have 1GB of RAM, 160GB HD and a Pentium 4 Processor.

Relevancy 30.53%

Ok you guys have to help me out with this one I am literally about to break my computer So up until about a week ago my internet was working fine Then one day out of the blue it decides that every page I go to google included is going to take minutes to load Now back in the days of dial up that was nothing but for what I am Internet Problems... paying minutes is highly unacceptable I have norton internet security and run spybot often I honestly have NO idea what is causing this problem I often reset my browser mozilla by deleting the cookies etc Its really wierd actually It will run really slow for a while and then for like minutes or so its back to normal then slow again My brother said he had this problem to but his just went Internet Problems... away Im serious guys please help me with this I dont want to have to re-format my computer Thanks

A:Internet Problems...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...kthis-log.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-problems-134444.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi

Around the first of December, my internet started slowing down. Like some pages won't load, or load very slowly. I have Broadband. My brother's computer, whom is using wireless, but the same connection as mine, is doing just fine so I don't think it's our ISP. When I log onto safemode with networking on the computer, the connection is perfect and all the pages that usually don't load on regular, do load. So that means it's not the pages that are getting heavy traffic. I don't know what to do. I already visited the forum here and got my HijackThis log cleaned, so it's not any malware. I hope you guys can help me fix this. :[ Thank you.

A:Problems with the internet

Check which programs are running on your task bar... coz your programs might be using internet or something....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-the-internet-131280.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Not sure if this post goes in this forum, but it does have to do with games. Recently my internet connection has been jumpy. What I mean is that whenever I try to play games on Xbox Live or on my computer the connection seems to fade then come back causing supreme lag. The connection doesn't completely fade because I always stay connected, but just lag like every 2 mins. This in most cases causes me to stand in place and get killed. Both my Xbox and Computer are hard wired to the modem and I've tried to reset it, but to no avail. If there is any fix or information that could be helpful to my cause it would be greatly appreciated.

you could be losing packets, if so then its something to do with your ISP.
if you open your cmd promt and type ping www.pcpitstop.co.uk (dont click the link or it will take you to their site lol) it will send packets to that site and return them, it will give you a response time in milliseconds. if you are losing packets you will prolly see one or two that either time out or take a couple of hundred MS to return.....if so, that could be the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.903516/
Relevancy 30.53%

*someone* has or someone shareing my computer has used some component on windows xp on a different computer to disable my internet (only my computer) . he made it only work during specific times of the day. He also banned me from all games sites and games. Hes doing makes my internet disconnect and reconnect everytime i try or play anything related to games. i have tried internet options, trouble shoots. Im really stumped .

can anyone help me??

Relevancy 30.53%

ok...dont know if i'm posting in the right place but i need some major help w/ my INTERNET EXPLORER....ok, on my other machine, i'm not sure what's happening. I try to get EXPLORER to come up and it starts to but then it gives me an error message of something like: INTERNET EXPLORER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM. IT MUST NOW CLOSE...(something to that effect) and then it just closes on me....what's going on??? if it's a spyware or malware i can't download any kind of programs to get it off as i can't get internet to work at all. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it so much.. i'm so aggravated right now...(moderator edit: moved post to appropriate forum, defined problem in title. jgweed)

how are you posting now? you must have web access. go to www.download.com and download adaware and spybot, install them and update them in normal mode, reboot into safe mode, run them. burn them to a cd so you can transfer them to your internetless computer. let me know how you make out

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28168/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

When I am on the internet the website's jump and it lags horribaly please help!

what do mean "jumps" and "lags" ? Also, have you recently downloaded IE7 or done any hardware changes? Have you run a recent spyware scan?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems.65703/
Relevancy 30.53%

well first off hello everyone how are you all today?

Anywho..heres my prob...yesterday all day long my server seemed to be down I just could not sign online, I ran various virus checks and all that to find nothing. Then last night I suddenly could get bak online again ( I use explorer btw) but now while online, it is not allowing me to right click on ANYTHING. I can rightclick my desktop and stuff like that, but once online, I cannot right click to save my life.

Question is, how do I find out whats wrong
and/or
If I cant fix this, how do I highlight text to copy and paste and all that stuff without having to rightclick. I need to be able to access URLS and properties of pics.

Please help me!!!!

A:new gal with a internet problems help!

Im sorry, I didnt realize you shouldnt post probs here in the introduction until AFTER I posted it ov course...: (
But to whomever redirected it to a better discussion category thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29087/new-gal-with-a-internet-problems-help/
Relevancy 30.53%

I seem to be having trouble on my Windows ME. Just recently I've had trouble accessing the internet. I am using a Linksys router to use it. It worked just fine until a few days ago. But the weird thing is when I turn on the computer it sometimes works for about 10 minutes but then the internet stops working. Another odd thing is that I could still use AIM. Can someone help?

just for fun, first bypass your router and go directlt into the modem. then you will be able to rule it out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29369/internet-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

The internet on my computer flickers on and off about every minute. I replaced the built in card with a new ether net card a few months ago and that fixed the problem for a while but now it is happening again what would cause the computer to destroy network cards?

Is it just the internet goes out, or the Ethernet card stops responding too? And also, is your ethernet card connected to a modem? Sometimes, a lightning strike or a power surge may take out a modem and its connected Ethernet cards.

It would help if you could put more detail into your problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems.873239/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have posted this problem earlier but it had other things wrong also. I narrowed it down to one problem now. When I'm surfing on the internet certain images won't come up. It will show the box where it goes and a little red x. Or it will have the "page cannot be displayed" message page where the image should be. It does this on most of the images on the hotmail website. I downloaded service pack 2 already. It does this randomly on just about every website. maybe its a problem with IE; you think???????