Windows Support Forum

Bad Memory Card? or Power Supply?

Q: Bad Memory Card? or Power Supply?

I m using Windows Power Card? or Bad Memory Supply? XP on a Dell Dimension I have to leave the PC on full time now because I have trouble restarting the PC When the PC is turned OFF and I push the Power ON button the PC appears to be booting up but then appears to be going on and off by itself With the side panel Bad Memory Card? or Power Supply? removed I can see that the fan is turning off and on I can get the PC to boot up and work only if I turn it on and off a dozen or more times So I now just leave it on full time I tried to replace the memory cards with one new MB card but that did not solve the problem as the problem persisted I tried removing one and then the other of the memory cards and that did not help Somebody has now told me that it may be a power supply problem Advice PLEASE nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bad Memory Card? or Power Supply?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bad Memory Card? or Power Supply?

The only way to know for sure is to put a new PS in and try it! You can get some good ones for around $30 bucks - http://www.newegg.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-memory-card-or-power-supply.378213/
Relevancy 81.7%

I recently purchased a refurbished Optiplex MT Core i GHz GB RAM GB HDD DVDRW P Minor side issue I have already ordered the memory to upgrade it to GB RAM based on the advice of the store that sold doing memory ... card Optiplex 7010 2016 a and video upgrade supply and MT power it to me and Crucial nbsp Unfortunately if I read the nbsp dell-optiplex- -manual-en pdf right nbsp It can take gb RAM but only two of them for a total of gb nbsp Is it possible to utilize all four gb DIMM nbsp If not the importance of the speed of the graphics has become even more important I need to upgrade the power supply and video card to run Adobe software -- Photoshop etc Based on prior experience I need the fastest possible graphics option nbsp Optiplex 7010 MT ... doing a 2016 video card and power supply upgrade and memory nbsp I m thrifty but not stingy if I can get a racehorse for a bit more then I Optiplex 7010 MT ... doing a 2016 video card and power supply upgrade and memory will The video card that I m thinking about buying is the GEForce GT recommended by Dell Is there a specific version since the specifications also say quot OHGA M Optiplex 7010 MT ... doing a 2016 video card and power supply upgrade and memory N quot I would prefer to be able to use a card with more memory but still PCIe which appears to be much faster than the PCIe If there is a better card out there please let me know The power supply is standard Since this is April the Dell recommended Corsair TX appears to be hard to get at best Is there another power supply that would work Thank you for your help Much appreciated Reposted from being reply to older question nbsp Wasn t sure if that thread had been closed and no longer monitored nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19683588
Relevancy 70.09%

It's been a while since I built a system from scratch and have a... errr... simple question

gfx: Sapphire HD3850 512MB Ultimate (passive)
http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=225&grp=3

MB: MSI P35 Neo2 FIR
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1261&maincat_no=1

PSU: Seasonic M12II 500W
http://www.seasonic.com/product/pc_retail.jsp

The motherboard has a power connector for the graphic card next to the slot.

Is there any reason I should connect the power for the card to the power connector on the board instead of directly to the power supply?

A:Graphic card power to power supply or connector on motherboard?

First time I have ever seen that feature. I like it. I'm thinking that is a neat/easy way to partially eliminate cable clutter from the PSU. Give it a shot, you can always revert to PSU cable if you wish.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-power-to-power-supply-or-connector-on-motherboard.705154/
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok..My machine was running great and then it would just turn off once in a while. Sometimes it would be fine for days on end. Then it would shut down at various points as it was booting up (after getting into WinXP AND even BEFORE - like during the BIOS junk.) Now it won't stay up more than a few minutes without just stopping. If I actually get it up it shows a small windows which says "Windows has recovered from a serious error". Looking there for further detail has not helped. I'm guessing power or memory. Which is it more likely? I'm thinking not memory because I never got any sporadic wierd software errors - just turn offs and sometimes reboots in the middle of anywhere.

Thanx!

Relevancy 68.37%

ok so first of my PC intel DQ power BAD or supply incompatible MEMORY JO Core DUO GB RAM evga gso PSU P atx W V A V A V A - V A - V A VSB A its was working fine occasional BSODs pretty rare untill last week it started freezing and frequent BSODs HIGH temps frequent restarts etc first i thought BAD MEMORY or incompatible power supply its BAD MEMORY or incompatible power supply windows BAD MEMORY or incompatible power supply that's causing the crashes because it was working fine in safe mode so i started reinstalling windows but damn it gave me random errors at expanding files n then BSOD n restart made me sick anyways i had an old memory stick of MB i took out the GB n installed the MB and it went through windows installation easily even worked fine regardless of is not enough for win but just for few hours and then BANG same memory errors BSODs etc etc now i wont even go in safe mode on either of RAMs what could be the problem MOBO PSU or the RAMs not to mention worked fine for few hours i kind of have cash problem right now so please dont tell me to burn the only asset i have DQ power requirement on intel site with GB DDR RAM one hard disk drive one optical drive and all board peripherals enabled the minimum recommended power supply is W lists the recommended power supply current values Recommended Power Supply Current Values Output Voltage Current V A V A V A V A - V A VSB A

A:BAD MEMORY or incompatible power supply

I would suggest that you start by running diagnostics on the hard drive using the manufacturer diagnostics
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

You should also test the memory for several passes using Memtest86+ Advanced Memory Diagnostics.

For Memtest download Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)
Once file is downloaded open it and you should be able to see .iso file (mt420)
Install ImgBurn
After the program is installed open the program and select write image file to disc
For Source select the .iso file from the location where it was extracted to
For Destination make sure the correct drive is selected and a blank disc is inserted.
Click on create disc at the bottom (image of disc with arrow pointing)

Once the disc is created boot to it a test the memory. The memory modules should be tested individually for several passes.

The Power Supply that you have been using is a bit underpowered for this PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bad-memory-or-incompatible-power-supply-654314.html
Relevancy 68.37%

my computer seems to turn off randomly i leave it on constantly it could be running fine for 3 or 4 days and it will happen again. just today i was on it and was on you tube and it turned off on it happens pretty frequently. when it turns off it will not turn back on. i will have to unplug the power cable and plug it back in a few times before anything will turn on. which makes me think its the power supply. so i was looking online and found that the memory could cause the same problem so i got the memtester program and ran it and within 10 min i got 4 errors. so i swapped the memory into the computer im using now and ran the program again and got no errors after 1 hour. so do you think that it could be the power supply that is causing this or my motherboard memory sockets?

A:Memory problem or power supply?

It sounds like you at least narrowed it down.

Few questions.

What are your pc specs? Make, model etc. and how old is it.

It can be a power supply issue, but that's really far off because memory sticks draw little from your psu. Post back with pc details, thx.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problem-or-power-supply.130981/
Relevancy 67.51%

Memory I am building a computer with a Q which will be overclocked The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P -DS L unless I have been out of the loop too long and there Memory new) Questions: Supply and Power 2 (purchasing is a new inexpensive board that is widely recommended please let me know My options for memory are DDR CAS DDR CAS and DDR CAS How much performance gain would I see with CAS over CAS and how much 2 Questions: Memory and Power Supply (purchasing new) would I see with MHz over MHz What effect does being able to run memory with FSB The MHz will probably run at MHz Should I try to set the FSB as high as possible or is it just as well to run x I have read random posts and articles on this stuff in the past but never really could grasp the concept Could someone could clear things up in this area for me Thanks Power Supply The system will include the Q and also an GT Everything else is basically standard a hard drive a dvd drive a flash card reader oh and GB ram I am going with a RAIDMAX SMILODON case that includes a W psu because it is a nice looking case build quality seems decent has good features and includes plenty of fans The rebate helps too If I remember right Newegg s pictures show A on the V line newegg s site has not been working right all day is it just me Anyway if I could get multiple opinions on whether this is enough PSU for the system I know some people are all about expensive PSU s and I have had one system with a core duo and GS and the PSU failed and I think it was like W don t remember the V amperage Anyway I realize the PSU is important What I don t get though is that I have seen charts of how much power CPU s and GPU s use and it isn t as much as one might think Anyway some opinions on this would be good Thanks nbsp

A:2 Questions: Memory and Power Supply (purchasing new)

No real performance difference with CAS latencies at all and DDR2-1000 will give you a whopping 1% performance boost.

The only thing that DDR2-1000 is good for is overclocking your FSB.

This will give you a good idea of power consumption: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3153&p=10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-questions-memory-and-power-supply-purchasing-new.684325/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi My newly upgraded computer is started giving me Blue screens yesterday the specs are Biostar A G motherboard gigs PNY ram in gig sticks AMD athlon II X geforce videocard watt diablotek PS I upgraded the mobo ram and CPU about a month ago and everything has been fine until yesterday when it started blue screening every mins I ran memtest with all the possible permutations of slot dimm and they both failed before the first run was over Simple right it s either the mobo or the ram failing so why am I bothering to ask Before upgrading of my ram memory or Win7 supply? power BSOD issues sticks had failed on my BSOD Win7 memory issues or power supply? old motherboard in the last year or so with this same power supply Plus the PS has developed some nasty sounds a very loud high BSOD Win7 memory issues or power supply? pitched whine and a deep grinding groaning noise on cold start so after all that rambling could it be the power supply causing the ram to fail memtest thanks for any help advice oh and strangely it s been running fine all day with only one of the BSOD Win7 memory issues or power supply? ram dimms in place View attachment spliggett dmp zip nbsp

A:BSOD Win7 memory issues or power supply?

CLFS.sys is flagging in the minidumps...
Check your memory and hard drive for errors:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-win7-memory-issues-or-power-supply.176564/
Relevancy 66.65%

quick question lets say i bought a pwoer supply for my pc but the plugs between my cdrom and hardrive are to close and wont reach my hardrive, and i have another power supply, can my video card have its own power supply plugged into the power port on the vid card?

A:Can My Vid Card Have Its Own Power Supply?

anyone around?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-vid-card-have-its-own-power-supply.92443/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have just bought a PCS HD 4850 graphics card to replace my old one; Hp GeForce 8400Gs 256Mb HDMI Video Card 5188-8905
Chipset: Nvidia
Model: GeForce 8400Gs

The new card has a 6 pin power plug socket. I can't find a power plug in my base unit ( HP A6000) to connect to the new card. Any ideas please.

Stephen White

A:New card needs power supply

Hi,

If you do not have one, you will need to upgrade your power supply to one which has.

Look here for recommended: -

AMD Certified Power Supplies

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285410-new-card-needs-power-supply.html
Relevancy 66.22%

How much ram can be installed in a m70e? i've seen sites that offer 8GB sticks.

Also is the power supply universal?

Mod:   edited title to describe the greater scope of thread

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M70e Tower-memory, graphics & power supply upgrade

If you don't wish to buy memory from Lenovo, both Kingston and Crucial have 'System Specific' memory for your system that are guarranteed to work. Memory timings must be match what the BIOS expects for the system to recognize it, and generic memory often doesn't work.   

Use your Hardware Maintenance Manual for instructions on how to upgrade the memory. After making any memory change, run 2 passes of MemTest86 to ensure all is well.    A few older system types (eg. some models of M58), required a BIOS update to support 4 GB modules.   I'm not familiar with the M70, but it's probably similar to the other models.   If you take the cover off and measure the existing supply, then you'll know if it is a ATX or TFX standard. )

The Mini-Tower uses a standar ATX power supply, and the SFF a standard TFX pwer supply. A power connector adapter (ATX to Lenovo) is required for M92 and forward. For the SFF, the maximum aftermarket TFX is 400w, with 350w being more common -- not a huge increase over stock. For the Mini-tower, I have had an 650w aftermarket Corsair in mine (I recommend one that is semi-modular and shorter, as space is limited inside the case.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M70e-Tower-memory-graphics-amp-power-supply-upgrade/td-p/3341414
Relevancy 65.79%

before i had a geforce fx mb pci and a jeantech quality w power supply and i kept having problems of my ocmputer shutting down on games and applications well now i have a connect d ati card graphics supply net power and radeon mb agp x and a jeantech net graphics card and power supply quality w poer supply and my computer still shuts down on stuff well i only tried it once on dmark se and i have to say up to when it shut down there was great performance it blown my fx right out of the sky anyway it shut down on what i think was the th test nature or somthing were there is a bridge goign over a river and a man fishing and then it was doing fps fps on the fx and then the comptuer just shut down now this radeon has a big heatsink on it covering the memory and its a very complex heatsink but has no fan on wich it doesent really need if it doe snot have one on now whats could be causing the shut down becouse i aint overclocked my card yet but i am going to overclock it when i get a fan for it nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello

I have just purchased a new graphics card (XFX Geforce 7900GT) for my rig and as i was opening up the packaging last night I noticed it said 'connect the power dongle'.

This is my first PCI-E card and before I install it I wanted to know if I could use one of the standard power connectors (coming from the power supply within the rig, like those that I plug into a HDD or DVD drive) and plug that into the graphics card, or whether the card had to plug in somewhere else on the motherboard (though I don't know where).

Also - is this power connector optional or integral to the graphics card's performance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:graphics card power supply

You DEFINITELY need to use the power connector. It is not optional. That is a high-end card that needs alot of juice to run. Just plug in a spare Molex connector from your power supply (same type that goes into a CD drive or hard drive). If you don't have a spare connector, use the splitter (aka: dongle) that came with your card and run it from one of your other connectors.

BTW - enjoy that card!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-power-supply.536072/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am looking at this video card. MSI N560GTX-448 Twin Frozr III PE OC GeForce GTX 560Ti 1.2GB. What kind of power is necessary for this card?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I am new to these forums. Was hoping to get some advice on using another power supply for a new vid card that i got. The vid card recommends that I have a 350 watt power supply, but mine is only 200. I do have another power supply from an older computer just laying around, but that is also only 200. Is there a way to use that also? Even if it does sit on the outside of my cpu it doesnt matter. I dont have a really fast comp, old P3 400, so my budget is very tight. (thus reusing existing parts) Any help is appreciated. THX

A:external power supply for v-card

What Video Card are you talking about? It may be a bit much for that system, you might want to get something a little more matched to the system.

There is a way to do this but it is a little different than you are talking about. The best way would be to use the other PSU to power things like Drives and fans. Those devices can use the connectors already on the PSU. This may work if you can divert enough power to the second PSU so there is enough power left for the other devices and the Video card.

This could be very easy to do, or it could be very difficult. According to your level of electronics experience as well as the particular PSUs you have. Some PSUs will only power on if the mobo connector is attached(which can be circumvented)

You'll also need a way to turn both PSUs on at the same time which is not too difficult either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-power-supply-for-v-card.2211/
Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased some upgrades for this computer below:
HP Pavilion a6113w Tower
Specifications
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 @ 1.6 GHz
- 400 GB HDD
- 2 GB RAM
- DVD+\-RW
- Integrated Graphics
- Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit which were a ATI Radeon HD 4850 Video Card and a Roswell 750w Power Supply. Worked great for the first 8 hours crashed for about 3 hours worked again for another 6 hours then crashed again and i cant get it to come back on. power supply is working for all i know and the video card hums on for a second when i try to reboot so i figure it is woking. i have even gone as far as to take out the video card just in case and still unresponsive. . Can anyone help?

PS I tried putting the other power supply back in and it worked fine but i can't use the Video Card w/ that power supply..

A:New Power Supply & Video Card

I'd restore the machine to the original configuration and see if you can get that working first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-power-supply-video-card.854516/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am looking to get a new graphics card for my computer because atm it has integrated graphics, which as most of you know sucks. The power supply is 250W which I doubt would be enough to have a whole new graphics card implemented. The model is p6166f. The mother board has this for a graphics card slot PCI express 16x GPU. Please give me suggestions, I am looking to spend approximately 150 - 200 $ total.

A:Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

We need to know who made your system. How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.209241/
Relevancy 65.79%

I bought a LG quot monitor and wanted to increase the resolution to the x But my computer won t go supply Video card/power that high x bit so I thought I would get a new video card but when installed the computer goes into sleep mode I am running a ATX W power supply I am thinking that that is the problem Am supplying a link to the specs of my motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp product amp lang en the new video card is ATI RAGE PRO MB PCI I don t game just wanted a better card for video resolution etc The card says that it should have a W psu But since I have a micro psu size x x which is hard to find I think Video card/power supply I found a W but not sure if its the right one http www forpcs com hpposuse html My question to you is will a different power supply allow my computer to run that video card and what max psu will my motherboard handle Any suggestions to links on power supplies will be very grateful nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

A few days ago my PC shut-down as did one of the fuses for the house This was accompanied by a nasty burning ozone smell I reset the fuse plugged in the pc and the tower wouldn t light up The monitor and speakers on the same cord board powered up but not the tower I cleaned out all the dust I could find and tried again but no luck I couldn t find any burn marks but I figured it must be the PSU So I ordered a Sonata complete with an earthpower watt PSU My new stuff arrived today and I began pulling out my mobo to put it into the new tower when I graphics card? Power or supply found a loose component rolling around in the old tower To my ignorant eyes it looks like a tiny capacitor and it has written on the top P EZA There are three more of these on my Asus Power supply or graphics card? GT so I figure that must be where it came from but this leaves me with two questions Would this missing component cause the whole PC to not start up Have I found the cause of the problem and can I assume the old PSU is still Can this component be soldered back on or I do I need a Power supply or graphics card? new graphics card nbsp

A:Power supply or graphics card?

You have nothing to lose trying to solder the capacitor back, if you can find the spot it was in previously, do you? I would assume the fix is not going to work, but it's worth a shot, I would try doing it.
The old PSU is most probably a goner. The loose capacitor would cause no video output, but wouldn't prevent the system from booting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-or-graphics-card.799327/
Relevancy 65.79%

So I've got a mostly custom built pc, its motherboard has everything built in(Graphics.etc) but im looking to upgrade to this for graphics:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HIS-iPower-DLDVI-I-Graphics-H280XQMT3G2M/dp/B00FNHVUTA#productDetails
I have two questions:
1. I have a 500w psu currently, will I have to upgrade, and by how much.
2.how will I take of the built in graphics on the motherboard.

And also, are there any reccomendations for a better psu

A:Power Supply Vs Graphics Card

Product Description
Technology:GDDR5 SDRAM, Size:3 GB, Bus Width:384-bit, Effective Clock Speed:6.4 GHz, Width:4.2 cm, Depth:31.1 cm, Package Type:Retail, Height:15 cm, Cables Included:1 x DVI-VGA adapter, Peripheral / Interface Devices:Two 8-pin power connectors, Required Power Supply:750 WClick to expand...

your link clearly states that a 750w PSU is required.

you can use any of these online power supply calculators:
newegg(store) calculator(power supply requirement)
outervision calculator

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-vs-graphics-card.203398/
Relevancy 65.79%

Right I have a 550ti but only a 300w power supply. My performance is shocking on it.
Is this cause my power supply?
It's recommended to have a 400w +
Also my processor is only at like 70-80% use

A:Graphics card and power supply

You need to upgrade your Power Supply ASAP. You are putting a strain on that low-end one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/251322-graphics-card-power-supply.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all. I just bought a graphics card that needs 350 watts and +12v with 20 amps to run. My power supply has to following output:

+5V 22A MAx -12V 1A max
+5V (FP) 2A Max +3.3V 17A max
+12VA 18A max +12VB 18A max

combined power on +12VA and +12VB rails must not exceed 360 watts

Total combined power must not exceed 375 watts

Can it run the card?
Thanks all.

A:Can my power supply run my new video card?

Hi, could you please post a little more detail.
Instead of saying graphics card, it would help if you said the actual graphics card.
Instead of power supply, you could say what power supply you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-power-supply-run-my-new-video-card.202504/
Relevancy 65.79%

My PNY Geforce 5500 card just died, so I've been forced to buy a new card. I'm running on a Dell Dimension 2400, with 3 PCI slots only and a 200 watt PS.

I play a lot of second life, so I need to make sure I'm purchasing a card that will allow me to continue doing so. Heres what I plan on purchasing:

Video Card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130289

Which will need an upgraded Power Supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104953

Am I buying the right stuff? Will that card even work with my Dimension 2400 and Second Life?

Relevancy 65.79%

hello, i was thinking on getting this video card.
i see how it requires a minimum wattage of 350, but ive heard from these forums that you usually need alot more.

so im wondering, will this be a good enough power supply for the card? ive had bad problems with power supplys and video cards so i just want to be completely sure everything will work fine.

thanks in advance

-Teh Delf

A:This Power supply enough for this video card?

It all depends on the quality of the PSU you go for, im no expert but it may not be enough amps on the rail. Im currently running a similar card (Gainward BLISS 7800GS which is 7800GT with an AGP bridge) on a 2 year old 360watt PSU and I have no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-power-supply-enough-for-this-video-card.49644/
Relevancy 65.79%

while playing a game my screen went whacko! it was all scrambled an unreadable. I restarted my pc then everything was fine...for about an hour. then it got all scrambled again so I rebooted. Now I can not get it to come on at all!..Monitor is just blank. I have an acer aspire m1100. windows vista. Can anybody tell me what is wrong?
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 65.79%

I am thinking of ordering this card after my 8600Gt died a few days ago. Will a Arctic Power 500W PSU be enough to run it? The reat of my specs are:

AMD Athlon x2 6000+
2.5gb RAM

Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI Dual slot cooler HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

A:Graphics card power supply

Hi ToonArmy,

Here is the official system requirements for the HD 4850 graphics card. Note the power requirement. You should be OK with your existing PSU, however you will be running fairly near its maximum rating with very little room, if any, for further system expansion. I suggest that you upgrade your PSU to at least 650 Watts.

(Note: Because this is an image, if you wish to follow the link in green, you will need to type the address manually.)

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/184486-graphics-card-power-supply.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've (finally) decided to upgrade my graphics card, and would like external opinions on which options are best. I would prefer to spend within a $240 budget, which would have to suffice for the costs of both a graphics card and power supply, as my current PSU is a stock model with a measly 300W output. I would greatly appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or insight. Thanks in advance.

*Also, I don't make online purchases, so retailer available items would be helpful.

A:Suggestions for New GFX Card and Power Supply

Here is the new CX500 model, the CX500M. It is semi-modular and an all around great PSU.

As for a video card.....what are your expectations? After that PSU, that leaves $160-170 left for a graphics card. Is the $240 firm, or can you add a few more dollars to it?

I just saw the part about not buying online........I have no idea what is local to you, but expect to pay a little more for it, or stay within the $240 budget and get less for your money.

Just to add: If you DO decide to do some online shopping, NCIX is the place to do it since you are in Canada.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/272782-suggestions-new-gfx-card-power-supply.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I want to get a ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 series with 512 MB VRAM video card but my system's power supply is only 425 watts. Can I still install the card?

A:Graphics Card & Power Supply

If it is the computer in the specs ablove I wouldn't
take the chance.
You're already pulling a good load there and if that
power supply came with the computer or the case
it is probably running it's max load now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-power-supply.952505/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a M11BB Desktop from ASUS: http://www.asus.com/Desktops/M11BB/
And was wondering if this graphics card
http://www.amazon.com/ss/customer-r...f_=aag_m_pw_cr_cm_cr_acr_txt&showViewpoints=1
Would fit, And if I also added http://www.amazon.com/Xpp725-ps-Cros...s=power+supply
Would the power supply fit so the graphics card could work with my computer?

A:Graphics card and Power supply

Closing duplicate thread too: http://forums.techguy.org/games/1131261-will-graphics-card-fit-help.html

Please continue to post to your other thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-and-power-supply.1131294/
Relevancy 65.79%

How do I find out what the wattage is to see what video card I can get? The card I'm looking at says it needs 350 minimum. I have a Dell 8200 with mx420, want to get geforce 6600 pci, I have the system info from gabriel topala, it says my pci slots support 5.0 volts and 3.3 volts, and my 4x agp only has 3.3 volts?

A:Power Supply for New Video Card

The required wattage is nothing to do with the voltages. Its the spec for your power supply (psu) that needs to be checked. If u open your case up and look at the psu, it should have a sticker on it that states its maximum wattage. If its less than 350watts then u will need a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-new-video-card.28736/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all There is a similar thread to my question but I thought I would start fresh since the topic is quite old My current computer setup Stated below is quite standard and I plan on making a couple of changes to it soon My question s Supply/Video Card? Power are I have ATI Radeon XPress Onboard graphics with an ASUS A AE-LE AmberineM-GL E Motherboard I have been debating on getting a graphics card and have read around quite a bit about what to upgrade to I have read a lot of issues Power Supply/Video Card? about upgrading with an Nvidia card with ATI onboard graphics so that pretty much limits me to getting another ATI card I was looking at purchasing a SAPPHIRE L Radeon X XT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x CrossFire Supported found http www newegg com product Product asp item N E I am wondering if I am going to need to upgrade my Power Supply The information that I could find on it is very limited I am thinking because it was built for Compaq computers alone very similar to the ASUS board that I have No information about it from the manufacturer at all ------------------------------------------------------------ Manufacturer Bestec - Model ATX - Z-Rev CD Input - V - A - V - A Hz Output w Max V A - V A V A VSB A V V amp V W Max V amp V W Max -------------------------------------------------------- Ive read a lot of mixed reviews suggestions about what kinds of power supplies are better than others I had one in mind that came with a bundle at newegg com but it is a MM fan which I dont believe will fit in my tower Any suggestions on what is a reasonably priced power supply IF I need to purchase one for this video card Thank you much for reviewing my long post any input would be greatly appreciated since I have been trying to figure out what to do for a while now With Vista just beyond the horizon I need to figure something out quick because my rating on X is just depressing Thank you Chris nbsp

A:Power Supply/Video Card?

The vid card you selected sounds like a decent choice.

Yes you will need a new powersupply (PSU). Your PSU has only 300w total and 19A on the 12v rail. Besides Bestec PSUs are garbage anyway.

Here are some suggestions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104952
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817194012
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S47ATX PC Power & Cooling makes the best PSUs out there but they are a little pricey.However a PCP&C PSU will likely outlast everything else in your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-video-card.59027/
Relevancy 65.79%

here a quick summary My computer that had been running fine for months suddenly crashed when i hit the power button it would have power for a split second then turn back off I replaced power supply and same thing happened I built new computer with new case motherboard and CPU but used power a a card video fry supply? Can same power supply that i had replaced the old one with SMAE thing on new computer I tested both power supplies and they were fried I put in another power supply and the computer powered up but when i did this i did not have my video card in MY question is do you think it is more likely that on Can a video card fry a power supply? my old computer the motherboard fried the power supply or that the video card fried it it is a PCI-E Can a video card fry a power supply? MSI rx mb Can a video card fry a power supply? ddr ram that uses the -pin power on the card i havent tested the old motherboard ive spent too much money already and either the old MOBO or the Video card will probably fry my new PSU im hoping its the mother board cause the video card cost me bucks is there a way to safely test the video card without blowing up a power supply what do you think nbsp

A:Can a video card fry a power supply?

The video card will only blow a power supply if it tries to draw more power than the supply can handle, so simply test it with a psu with a high power rating (I usually burrow my m8s gaming machine to test components)
If it is fine then test all your computer components one by one and replace any faulty ones rather than simply buying new parts without knowing if they are faulty or not.
Good luck
Chris

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-video-card-fry-a-power-supply.67911/
Relevancy 65.79%

So yeah, its my fault for not doing the proper research. I recently bought the Geforce GTX 660ti without knowing the proper required specs for the power supply wattage. The minimum amount is 450W for the card, and the computer I have is a HPE 400f, and the wattage is only 300. I don't want to install it now and have it burn out my computer. What should I do? Is it easy to buy an upgrade for an HPE power supply? Or should I just get a different graphics card? I don't think I can return it because I bought it from Tigerdirect and they only accept returns for certain products and video cards aren't included. Also I don't think it came with the right amount of PCI pins. One has six while the other only has five? Anyways, what should I do?

Relevancy 65.79%

i am looking to get a new video card but i have no idea what kind of power supply i have and the if it can handle the graphics card. i am looking to get a GeForce 6200 because it seems to have a reasonable price and i dont think i would need any of the higher end ones because i dont play many graphic intensive games. does anyone know how to find out how much power the power supply can provide and if the GeForce 6200 is a good graphics card?
thanks

A:video card and power supply

Well it depends on the other components in your PC, as they all use it too. I would say anything over 400W should do the job fine though. Someone else may be able to back this up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-and-power-supply.386024/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi folks,

After reading through this forum for a couple of days, I settled down and ordered a PNY FX 5500 PCI card for my cheap Dell 2400 (celeron 2.4 ghz 512 mb RAM). I figured the 5500 can't be any worse than the integrated chipset.

Anyway, I understand the minimum power requirement for the 5500 is 250 watts, and I believe that is what my computer has.

My question is this. Does "minimum requirements" mean the same thing with PSU's as with games? With games, the minimum requirement is just to get you chugging along at a crawl. I hope this isn't going to happen with a video card.

Also, if I decided to upgrade to a much higher wattage PSU, would that effect my electricity bill very much? :angel:

Any replies are appreciated.

A:Power Supply for Video Card

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

No the power usage should be a negligible difference.
Unless you were to get a 1500 watt psu. (which I'm not sure exist)

The differences will be the video and stability of whole system.
Min. req. tends to mean," just enuff to get by on lowest settings."

There are lots of good PSU's around, high to mid range in price.
plus allow you to add additional cooling should want.

How many devices do you have?
cdrom's
hdd's etc.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-video-card.29272/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys So I Card? or Power Video Supply have recently invested in a used computer but have ran into one small problem After connecting Power Supply or Video Card? the computer to my TV through HDMI the computer turns on and seems to be working fine but sometimes it fails to show up on the TV and when it does it seems to freeze up after a few minutes of use I then tried to hook up the computer to a Power Supply or Video Card? smaller TV through a VGA cable to see if this would solve the problem It did seem to work a bit better being able to start up and show the picture more regularly and and took longer to freeze the computer Was just curious if any one has had this problem or if anyone knows if it would potentially be the power supply or video card that would be causing this problem If I was made of money I would simply invest in a new video card and power supply but would like to to limit it to one or the other Any help would be much appreciated Thanks all Ryan

A:Power Supply or Video Card?

I'm not sure of this but, I get the impression that most of us use a Monitor rather than a TV to work with. TVs are not designed to be used as Computer Monitors

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/power-supply-or-video-card-4597532/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm looking at getting one of these:

BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC 256mb
BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC 128mb
ATI Radeon X800 PRO 256mb
These can be found on Best Buy's website, thats where it probably will be coming from.

My power supply says max 270w, so do I need a new one with more juice? Or will this one do for one of these Video Cards?

Power Supply:
NMB
Model Number - MJPC-270A1

Specs:
Sony Vaio RX881
P4 2.66ghz
512mb 2100 DDR
120gb 7200rpm HD

No upgrades, stock as it came. No overclocking or anything.

A:Do I Need A New Power Supply For A New Video Card??

Im no pro but...

I believe that a powerfull processor like your needs about 100watts of power to run. Every 128megs of ram = something like 15watts, and your cd drives are about 30 each. A powerfull video card can run in the range of 100 watts as well. So, you do the math. It's time for your new power supply as well. You should at least have a 300watt but, with your processor i would even go to a 400 watt. Spend the extra 15 bucks, might save you a big headache in the end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-power-supply-for-a-new-video-card.17570/
Relevancy 65.79%

I was about to purchase these two items, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148027 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130074 , can someone please tell me if they are both compatible or not, I am currently using a Gateway GT5220 if you need to know what I am using to find out any compatibility issues. If someone can look into that for me (im the biggest tech noob ever) then it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Need help with this video card and power supply

Mini Tower

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 2 GHz

Installed Memory 1 GB 533(DDR2 SDRAM)

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition

that's your system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-this-video-card-and-power-supply.76427/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a XFX Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO with 768 MB of Gddr2, with PCI Express 2.0
580 MHZ SLI Ready. It was part of a bare bones system from tiger direct. I had to replace the PSU once and I believe its maybe 430 Watts of Power. I doubt I spent more than 30.00 on the PSU.

When I take my video card out my pc it boots up fine and it runs off the onboard 8200 nvidia. But as soon as I plug in the XFX Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO and then connect the power from the card to the PSU it shuts off. The whole system just shuts off?? and it wont start again untill I remove the power cord only from the card. Also,, can I use DDR2 instead of GDDR2,,, whats the diff.

Thanks in advance peeps. any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Is it my video card or power supply?

I could be wrong but it sounds as if the 9600 has shorted out and tripping the PSU internal safeties, which is keeping the system from booting. Personally, I doubt it is the PSU as it functions just fine without the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-my-video-card-or-power-supply.184639/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I have a windows 7 PC (eMachines ET1831), it has an integrated graphics card:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 620i
Chip type: GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i
I am an amateur when it comes to computer hardware, but I am tired of playing games with very low graphics settings. I am hoping to be able to have smoother game-play with medium settings. So I'm looking for a budget upgrade (less than £65 ($100)), but my PC only has a 250W power supply.

Question: Will the Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5450 work with only a 250W power supply?

Is is possible to simply upgrade a power supply like I would a graphics card?

Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 65.79%

I just bought a GeForce GTX 460 video card for my computer which requires a minnimum of 450w. As it stands, my power supply is way too small and thus I am looking to upgrade. My question is, if my card requires a minnimum of 450w then would I be fine with a 500w supply or should I go for more, like 750w or 900w?

Thanks,
Bushviper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-power-supply.955726/
Relevancy 64.93%

My Daughters 6 month old Dell Inspiron - 531 Vista based machine has a Bestec ATX 300D SWB (300W-max) Power supply

She plays 1 game (The Sims) the rest School work, & the on board Video has problems with this game.

She wants a PCI-Express Video Card like a (GF 8500 / GT 9400GT) etc. . . $50.00-$75.00 but upon researching we find she may need to up grade the power Supply.

Will any Name Brand Power Supply such as the below work & Fit ?
& are there any other considerations we should watch.

OCZ StealthXStream 500W Power Supply $39.95
EPS12V/ATX12V v.2.2, Active PFC, 120mm Fan, Quad +12V Rails, SLI Ready

Thanks,
Morgan

A:Kristy's Video Card & Power supply ?

commercial power supplies dont always play nice with dells but they may have changed.
i run an 8800GT off a 500W and those are both good brands

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kristys-video-card-power-supply.773916/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a 2GB video card that may fit my unit and if also the psu has to be of a certain type, thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Video-card-upgrade-and-power-supply/td-p/5709330
Relevancy 64.93%

I was given a ATI Radeon X1650 Pro PCI-Express 512 DDR2 graphics card for my birthday. I opened up my PC today to check the power supply, and saw it is 300 watts. I need 350 minimum to run the card. My plan is to upgrade to a new 500 watt power supply. Here's the system specs.

E-Machines T3508 Series Desktop PC

Intel Celeron D Processor 356: 3.33 GHz; 533 MHz FSB; 512 KB L2 Cache
768 MB DDR RAM
300 Watt Power Supply (not sure of manufacturer, the label was on the bottom and covered by a huge fan that I couldn't move)
ATI Radeon X200 Integrated Graphics (the reason I'm upgrading!)

Let me know if you need more specs. If you could recommend any good manufacturers, or any other tips, that would be great. Also, when buying a power supply, do I need to check the size of the unit, or should a generic 500 watt supply fit in my case?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Upgrading the Power Supply and G-Card

A generic 500 W should fit. Silverstone, Zalman, Coolermaster, Enermax, XClio are all good PSU brands.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upgrading-the-power-supply-and-g-card.624820/
Relevancy 64.93%

My to use my power upgrade I card? Am graphics new supply able to a brother got me Am I able to upgrade my power supply to use a new graphics card? a GeForce GTX SE without realizing that I didn t have enough power in my power supply So my question is can I upgrade my power supply I have an HP Pavillion Elite t HPE- Am I able to upgrade my power supply to use a new graphics card? t Or if I can t upgrade it do you have any good recommendations for a w power supply The best ones for the Sims amp expansions seem to need more power or are no longer supported by EA - at least ones from Nvidia I still need to check ATI but I ve always used Nvidia cards Am I able to upgrade my power supply to use a new graphics card? so I m more comfortable with them I ve been working on this for weeks and I can t get straight answers from people I know so my PC s just sitting in my room open as I was working on it for a long time and don t want to close it up until this is all figured out Thank goodness I have my Macbook lol Thanks for any help I can get If it helps I do watch movies on it edit record video edit photos etc I also sometimes record audio Do you want me to post any specs I can also post pics of the inside of the PC if it ll help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb no longer works well with my games Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled I copied this from an older post but nothing s changed As I was in the middle of switching cards when I realized the problem I had uninstalled the drivers for this one and I don t feel like taking the huge new card back out and putting the other in just to get the same specs from a newer version nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Ok i m currently trying to build a computer and i am video card supply, power a Question regarding having trouble figuring out which power supply Question regarding a power supply, video card to use for my Asus GT I ve asked other Tech forums and they all have told me the same thing but the reviews on the product contradict what they are telling me I am Question regarding a power supply, video card looking at a hard drive from a company called hec Orion Other forums have told me that i should avoid this company and that it is junk Since i can t link the PSU that I am thinking about buying not enough posts ill give you the brand name and you can check it on Newegg com hec HP D RETAIL W ATX V Power Supply This review is the one that really caught me attention and had me confused Pros I bought this power supply so I could use my eVGA GT I was really pessimistic thinking I could find a suitable power supply for my card at a cheap price Man was I wrong This thing is a trooper It does everything it was supposed to with no problems at all Glad I bought it after all I overclock my processor and graphics card as well and this power supply doesn t falter at all Cons None Now i understand that i shouldn t be cheap about my PSU but honestly i don t want to spend or more dollars on this if there is one cheaper that will do the job Can somebody PLEASE help me out with this by letting me know if this will do the job And instead of just telling me it s a piece of junk please show me what is good within my price range Nothing over dollars Possible System Specs Asus GT Gigs of ram in the future DDR PC AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor BIOSTAR A Motherboard My goal for this computer system is to be able to run crysis on Med High with NO problems at all Battlefield on full high with NO LAG And just to be able to play COD Please if you can help me out with finding a good PSU for my Asus GT under dollars i would VERY much appreciate it nbsp

A:Question regarding a power supply, video card

get a cooler master 660Wats it will run it all it also has the graphics power connector for SLI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-regarding-a-power-supply-video-card.107118/
Relevancy 64.93%

i have listed a few i think i like. but can anyone research a good deal on a power supply good enough to run 1 560ti. i can only spend up to 40 dollars. and u can find used ones that have either barely been used or the box opened for some reason and get i t exremely cheap and still basically brand new. so used or new. if u think its a good condition and will work for me and is a reall GOOD PICK FOR ME PLEASE LIST IT HERE!!!

A:Graphic card power supply! Plz help!!! Plz list!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OCZ-Stealth...321?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c565814a9

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-power-supply-plz-help-plz-list.1152846/
Relevancy 64.93%

I just got a Dell inspiron 531 desktop, and I'm trying to install a x1950 pro in there. I'm supposed to plug one plug into the hard drive, and the other into the power supply. The problem is that the only loose plugs I see dont fit.

Here are the plugs inside the PC.

And this is the plug on the video card.

A:Help hooking up video card to power supply.

The pictures are hard to make out but if its 4 pin power molex's that you need then a y splitter is cheap and should do the job.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-hooking-up-video-card-to-power-supply.90186/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a new gateway, currently it has 2 gigs of ram, 4600 AMD athlon duo processor, a 300 watt power supply, and a geforce 6200 OC...the video card is terrible, going to return it. Looking to upgrade both the power supply and the video card, i have a pci and a pci-express slot, and im looking to spend around 200$combined. I want to be able to play games like oblivion, half life 2, world of warcraft...mainly oblivion. What would be the wisest spending of my money?

A:Buying a Video card and power supply help

if possible, i would return the machine or sell it. the best choice for a new computer is a standard PC, not a mass-produced name-brand OEM rig. OEM vendors such as gateway, dell, sony, and HP use specialized parts that are all too often incoherent with industry standards. consequently, attempting to interchange your stock parts (namely the power supply) with normal parts may result in failure.

if your gateway happens to be compatible with a standard power supply, i recommend the antec smartpower 2.0 SP-500. it is a 500W ATX supply with modular cabling and thermally controlled fans. it's a reliable, quiet, and powerful supply that costs $70 (USD) and is available at most local shops and online retailers.

as for video cards, i recommend that you get an nvidia-based card, 7600GT or higher. BFG, asus, gigabyte, msi, and XFX are all good brands that have competitively priced models. i reccomend the asus 7600GT model, it costs $140 (USD) and is a solid choice.

getting a decent card and power supply as mentioned will cost you about $200 (USD), or a bit more depending on your choices.

remember, because you have a new gateway, that even opening the case may void the warranty, and changing parts definitely voids the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-video-card-and-power-supply-help.70989/
Relevancy 64.93%

Umm. I currently have 260W power supply and i use nvidia 8400gs video card (recommended minimum 300W power supply)

But i havent seen any problems

So i decided to buy

Nvidia 240GT (recommended min also 300W)

But since i havent had any problems so far with 8400gs though min req is 300W but i have 260W

BAsically

I shouldnt have problems with 240GT also right?

Relevancy 64.93%

I was recently passed down my first desktop a crappy video recommendations card Power supply and old HP Pavilion n I am big into PC gaming but am fed up with having to use a shared slow computer or my terrible laptop I am planning on beefing up this system instead of starting Power supply and video card recommendations all over with a new one I am upgrading to a NZXT Tempest Evo case and the first things I will do is new RAM a video card and a power supply I want to upgrade the power supply first Right now I am using a stock power supply only W A cheap quality powersupply around - W enough to support a midrange video card is what I am looking for preferably no more than USD Suggestions I am also looking for a good gaming video card I dont need any fance SLI or crossfire or whatever it is but something with at least one HDMI output and capable of supporting - monitors If you need any extra specs just tell me specifically what you need and Ill post them nbsp

A:Power supply and video card recommendations

Before you do anything, what CPU does it use?

Will be pointless even considering a new midrange GPU if your CPU is just going to bottleneck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-and-video-card-recommendations.157769/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop.
The good news is that I have a pretty high quality HD video camera.  The bad news is that it requires a firewire port to connect with my computer.  No problem I thought. I got a PCI card to provide one.  It requires that a power cable be plugged into it for it to work.  I popped open the case expecting to find the usual compliment of unused power lines available for just such a purpose.  There are in fact none at all.
What the heck? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981930
Relevancy 64.93%

So is this supply a 460 Watter or a 385 Watter ???

5V / 13A 3.3V / 17A
12V / 18A -12V / .8A
12Vb / 15A 5V / 2A
12Vc / 18A
Max Power 460W
Max Combined Power equal to 385 W

I got it to upgrade my HP d4996t from 350W to 460W … that comes in the d5000t and newer.
Soon … I plan on upgrading my video card to …
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134055
and will probably be running 3 (maybe 4) Hard Drives.

Any guesses if this’ll be enough ??

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey so like the title says im a looking to replace my integrated graphics card and i also need a new power supply since the w one i have now is too weak My computer is not high end or anything bought - years ago for like and ran most things smoothly but now some games that are coming out my computer is having a hard time running them and i useally get bad FPS so here are some specifications My computer is a Gateway and supply. to power help card new want install Need Graphics Dx - Motherboard model is Gateway RS DDR Memory The graphics card Need help want to install new Graphics card and power supply. i was looking to buy is http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and the power supply i have not decided on but anything that works really i was looking at some of these so i would greatly appreciate it if someone could find me a cheap power supply that would work http www newegg com Product Produ amp IsNodeId amp name W - W Need help want to install new Graphics card and power supply. So basically what im trying to say is I dont want to go buy all this stuff wait a week for it to get here and find out it wont work with my computer so if anyone can clear some things up like what i need or any kind of suggestion to make this work or even tell me that all of this is fine and should work that would be great Btw i am no expert on computers lol so try to put things in simple terms for me P nbsp

A:Need help want to install new Graphics card and power supply.

never mind of the graphics card it was not low profile. Guys anyone have a suggestion of a low profile card in 70-80$ range that will work with my computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-want-to-install-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.973705/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am planing to get this power supply: Newegg.ca - XFX PRO850W XXX Edition Semi-Modular 80 Plus Silver Certified 850 Watt Active PFC Power Supply
with 2 of these video cards: Newegg.ca - PowerColor AX6970 2GBD5-2DH Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Has enough power for them but someone said to me that it don't have enough 6pins to support them since both Video cards require 2x6pin adapters

One thing I have issues with is telling how much pins/what pins a CPU comes with even when it shows list:
SO here's a list of pins:
1 x Main connector (20+4-pin)
1 x 4+4-pin ATX 12V
1 x 8-pin EPS12V
8 x Peripheral
8 x SATA
2 x Floppy
4 x PCI-E

and here is the required pins:
6 pin / 8 pin x 2

from what I seen n read, there should be but I want to make 100% sure :3

A:Power Supply + video card question

the connectors you are after are the4x PCI-E connectors.

They should be 6 pin with an additional optional 2 pins hanging off the side.

might i ask why you think you need 2 6970 cards? one is about the most powerful single cored card you can get and will max out anything easily, so 2 will be pointless. Bit like buying a Ferrari just to drive to the local corner shop...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/208860-power-supply-video-card-question.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I am deciding that is time to update my graphic card and my power supply I have some question and some help from you to help me decide to get the latest and good graphic card on a good money budget value My resolution is x I play several games and looking for a graphic card that can at least handle with high settings at this resolution I did some research and found a couple of review and feedback about ATI My question is is this card worth the money for gaming The game i usually play is MW the one i have trouble playing max Card Need Supply Graphic + ) ( Help New Power Buying A settings with my current graphic card TF League of Legends and possibly the new upcoming game Call of Duty Blackops Will ATI worth the money and run all my games smooth or there is another better graphic card out there that outperforms this one Currently i also need to uppgrade to a new power supply Any recommendation of a power supply and a graphic card My money budget is up to max for both items Any help and comment will really appreciate it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Power supply
Novatech 800W ATX Power Supply for AMD and Intel Motherboards 20Pin + 4Pin | NOV-PSU800

Graphics card
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 SOC 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card - Aria Technology

Thankyou.

A:Will this Power supply work with this graphics card?

Power rating wise yeah, it's more than enough.

You might want to look at this though - How to Pick the Right Power Supply

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/201024-will-power-supply-work-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Everyone OK I had an GT MB eVGA graphics card It died I purchased a GTX see HERE Power Supply minimum recomendations are Minimum of a Watt power supply Minimum recommended power supply with Volt current rating of Amps Minimum Watt for SLI mode system Minimum recommended power supply with Volt current rating of Amp Amps An available pin PCI-E power connector hard drive power dongle to PCI-E pin adapter included with Power Card Graphics Supply - year 3 old New card New Graphics Card - 3 year old Power Supply I have an Aspire w PSU Power ratings are V A V A V A V A - V A - V A VSB A Now do I add the V rails together to get the total amps for my PSU would be amps in this case or do I need a PSU that has amps or more on each V rail Next question I need to use the power adapter HDD plugs to one pin PCI-E plug as this PSU does not have an independant pin plug of its own Does this adapter need to be plugged in to different HDD plugs on independant wires coming out of the New Graphics Card - 3 year old Power Supply PSU Right New Graphics Card - 3 year old Power Supply now it is plugged into HDD plugs but they are both on the same line coming out of the PSU Does this even matter Also I am not using SLI nor will I be until I build a new rig Any info you can give me is appreciated Thanks Acameron nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi i have a problem but im not completly sure wether is the graphics card or the power supply the problem is that i have been overclocking my graphics card about month ago through ntune in nvidia control panel everything was working perfectly for month as stated before I left my pc on for about hours and i wasnt home when i came power or Graphics supply help card need bricked back it was saying there is no signal on the monitor i restarted the pc and the loading at the start was going but it was diffrent some letter was changed for example when it loaded the ram memory it didnt say ram memory but quot ras megory quot at the start i thought it could be Graphics card or power supply bricked need help some strange virus but anyway i went to security mode and it was working on low resolution and bit I thought i could be the power supply problem as as for some time about months it was making a strange bepping noice Graphics card or power supply bricked need help when the pc was on i tohught maybe it isnt giving enough power to the mobo anyway it took out the graphics card and use the intergrated one here are my specs mobo- msi gm ram ram cpu is intel pentium ghz graphics card is nvidia geforce gs im not sure about the power supply but i think is watt max output Thanks for reading i Know its quite long but i wanted to give good description Please help Regards Jakub Ps big up for the forum it helps a lot nbsp

A:Graphics card or power supply bricked need help

A 300 watt PSU may be pushing it for a 7600GS, how many amps on the +12 volt rail and what brand? 300 watt for a modern system is generally not enough with any type of add-on graphics card.

But chances are the video card is damaged, maybe from the PSU or maybe from the overclocking.

I'd say get a new power supply, you want and need it even if the video card is toast, you'll want it to properly power any new replacement video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-or-power-supply-bricked-need-help.919834/
Relevancy 64.93%

But not sure my other hardware support the P S and G C that im going to change So this is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - Changing my supply graphics and card power DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Changing my graphics card and power supply Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Changing my graphics card and power supply Device DiskDriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II OpticalDriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK Then im about to change the power supply Changing my graphics card and power supply and G C SeaSonic S II Bronze W ATX V V EPS V V PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply SAPPHIRE - - G Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Edition Im using these to play quot Diablo SC WoW Skyrim and etc and I need to set everything to the lowest to make the game run smoothly before But im getting tire of the graphic lol So im trying to find a graphic card which can perform really well quot Hopefully can play it with everything high XD but I think tats too much for the g c which im about to get nbsp

A:Changing my graphics card and power supply

Hey, so I took a quick look at your list. Your Motherboard does support one PCIe card, so you should be able to install the 6950 just fine.
my chief concern however, is that the 6950 is a very long card, and I'm worried it may not fit in your small dell case. So I'd take some measurements to see if it fits, before buying anything.
the installation of the PSU and GPU should be fine, I myself have done the exact same thing in my brother's dell (installed new PSU and GPU), and it has been working fine ever since.
Also If you have a few extra dollars, Id look into getting at least a 600W power supply, just to be safe, because the 6950 OC edition will suck quite a bit of power, and I'd rather have a bit more breathing room whereas 520W is cutting it a bit close. thats' up to you though, it should still run fine with your chosen PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-graphics-card-and-power-supply.183401/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there I am new to this forum I currently have a Dell Dimension with ATI Radeon x MB video card I want to run Fallout and newer games so I d like to upgrade my video card I looked up the dell manual and found out that my motherboard has a PCI Express x slot as well as a PCI Express x slot I went to the nvidia help-me-choose - Power + Supply Video Card Solved: Need help New New webpage Solved: Need help - New Video Card + New Power Supply http www nvidia Solved: Need help - New Video Card + New Power Supply com HelpMeChoose fx HelpMeChoose asp and only constraining my motherboard bus type - PCI Express I settled on a GeForce GTS mb I did some more research on upgrading video cards and found out that I might need to upgrade my power supply from the currrent Dell installed Watt one I found another website that specified the power usage of the GTS with the following computer Intel Core Extreme QX nForce i SLI EVGA GB DDR Windows Vista was Watts Thats Watts for the GTS and the rest of the computer Obviously watts is more than my Dell PSU capability of watts So my questions are Will this power supply be enough watts OCZ StealthXStream OCZ SXS W ATX V EPS V Active PFC Power Supply Will I have any system compatibility problems with a new power supply and a new GeForce GTS mb What is the difference between a NVidia EVGA BFG OC GeForce GTS mb video card Here is a link to tigerdirect s website where they sell all three http www tigerdirect com applicat geforce gts amp searchbtn x amp searchbtn y Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Need help - New Video Card + New Power Supply

The OCZ 500 W might scarcely be enough(full load of PSU=>failing PSU sooner than pleasant), I'd still recommend getting a 600 W version, because half of the watts of the 500 W version go dedicatedly to your processor, whereas only one fourth of the 600 W version's watts go to your processor, leaving more for the vid card and other components.
The difference between those three are: #1: warranty. Cheapest has only 1 yr warranty, others have lifetime warranty. #2: "brand"=distributor, #3: most expensive is an OC version=overclocked, a bit faster than the others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-new-video-card-new-power-supply.771012/
Relevancy 64.93%

hi all pros,
my computer spec: Windows XP Home P4 1.6 Ghz 512Ram Service Pack 2
since i play games like Resident Evil 4, Winning Eleven 9....etc,
i was wondering if my power supply, which is 280 WATT, can feed my Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS card. but it's already been using for a month & works just fine. my concern is, in long term, will it harm anything at all? please advice. Thanks

A:Power Supply related with Video Card

I would bet you need a minimum 350 watt psu and if what you have isn't top notch quality, when it blows and it will, it will take your board and possibly cpu with it. That is what ahppens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-related-with-video-card.576350/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I began having trouble with my supply power [SOLVED] or card video computer yesterday At first the game gave me a fatal exception and closed down I decided to restart my computer as it was running kinda sluggish After restarting and attempting to open the game WoW I got a blue screen error posted below I restarted and tried again and got the same thing black kinda screen could only see the login name and password boxes then about seconds later it crashes with a blue screen The computer also crashes when I attempt to open starcraft II Today I deleted the config file for WoW updated my video card drivers and removed my sound card as I now use a headset and didn't need the card anymore and I was able to play wow for about minutes before a hard lockup of the computer and no blue screen Here is the blue screen error I got from the first crash I used windows debugger to open the crash dump and did analyze -v It says [SOLVED] power supply or video card something about unreferenced [SOLVED] power supply or video card memory For troubleshooting I ran the built in windows [SOLVED] power supply or video card hard drive test and it showed no errors I also ran memtest for hours and it completed passes with errors on the memory I set all WoW graphics to absolute lowest and was able to play for a couple hours with no issues Opening starcraft II still resulted in an immediate crash with no blue screen I don't have another video card or power supply to swap and be able to test but I did have a hard drive I did a fresh install of windows and even during the windows quot testing video performance quot during install the computer shut down again I installed starcraft and again it closes within seconds of opening with no blue screen I'm wondering if the issue is the power supply or video card or maybe something else even Is there a reliable way to test the power supply Thanks for any help Blue Screen dump analysis Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg fffffa df Terminating object Arg fffffa df b Process image file name Arg fffff b d Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ PROCESS OBJECT fffffa df IMAGE NAME csrss exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MODULE NAME csrss FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe EXCEPTION RECORD fffff a b -- exr xfffff a b ExceptionAddress b d ExceptionCode c Access violation ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter a de Attempt to write to address a de EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER a de WRITE ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from fffff ac e a de FOLLOWUP IP b d FAULTING IP b d FAILED INSTRUCTION ADDRESS b d BUGCHECK STR xF C STACK TEXT fffff a f fffff c f fffffa df fffffa df b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a fffff bbd e ffffffff ffffffff fffffa b fffffa df fffffa df nt PspCatchCriticalBreak x fffff a fffff b c ffffffff ffffffff fffffa df fffff fb nt NNGAKEGL string' x fffff a fffff fffffa df fffff c ffffd e fbdaf fffffa b nt NtTerminateProcess x c fffff a fffff f fffff c dbc fffff a b fffff a e fffff a c nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x fffff a a fffff c dbc fffff a b fffff a e fffff a c a nt KiServiceLinkage fffff a b fffff d fffff a b e fffff a c a b nt KiDispatchException x b fffff a a fffff fa e dc nt KiExceptionDispatch xc fffff a c b d nt KiPageFault x a a df x b d STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner FAILURE BUCKET ID X xF C IMAGE csrss exe BUCKET ID X xF C IMAGE csrss exe Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:[SOLVED] power supply or video card

might want to review this

csrss.exe Windows process - What is it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-power-supply-or-video-card-542131.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I m in the process of building my first PC I just Supply / Question Card Power Video received my power supply today Corsair W It has four listings for V V V V and - V the first three of which are rated at Amps and the last at Amps My video card is a Sapphire x XT which according to some reviews on newegg requires - Amps I looked on Sapphire s website but I couldn t find an exact requirement So Power Supply / Video Card Question my question is am I likely to run into trouble with this PSU Video card combination I really thought this PSU had a higher amperage than I guess I read something wrong when ordering it I did find some reviews of people running Pro s with this Corsair PSU Also I really don t understand the rails and what all of that means so could someone post a quick explanation or direct me to an article that would explain the basics of a PSU I ve tried looking at some sites that I know ie - Tom s Hardware but I ve had trouble finding an article to explain the basics to me Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Power Supply / Video Card Question

Hi,

PSUs can be very confusing... the Important amps you need to know are on the +12v rail (rails)... now that Corsiar 620w PSU has three rails marked at 18a each.. so you might think.. "oh I have a total of 54amps.. becuase there are three rails at 18amps each.. right?"

Nope.... that just means that each individual rail is rated for a maximuim of 18amps each.. thats thier limit lets say.

If you look at the sticker on the side of the power supply, you can see that the 620w is divieded between all the different rails. the +3.3v & +5v have 170w dedicated to them.. the three +12v rails have 430w deidcated to them, and the -12v & +5vsb have the remaining 20w dedicated to them.

You take the 430 watts going to the +12v rails and divide that number by 12.. this gives you the total sustainable amps on the 12v rails.. which comes out to 35.8 amps.. so we'll say its 35amps even.

So, if your X1950XT requires 20-30 amps, then that power supply will be fine. The Corsiar 620w is a very nice power supply and you shouldnt worry that you made the wrong chioce, when in fact you made a great choice.. good job!

Basically they split the rails for saftey reasons.. they decided that there should not be more then 20amps on any given +12v rail... haveing said that, they still sell power supplies with a large single rail, but these usually have more heavy-duty over current protections and such... which makes them more exspensive.

I hope this helps,
Wasper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-video-card-question.586109/
Relevancy 64.93%

Recently upgraded from yr old desktop and built my own system After week of working fine I ve started having serious problems Wife close to shooting me since the kids complain enough vs. Card Video malfuntion not Power Supply that the computer doesn t work Video Card malfuntion vs. Power Supply not enough after about minutes System crashes with games son s Lego Batman which I guess is graphics intensive but at the same time with Hidden Object games which are not Computer will freeze and need hardboot Uninstalled the video card Video Card malfuntion vs. Power Supply not enough and Video Card malfuntion vs. Power Supply not enough ran the integrated ATI graphics card and had the same problem Ran MEMCHECK for about hours and no problem ran a video card stability program for hours and no problem Can there be a problem with the MOB and the processor not working well with the video card Any help is appreciated to save marriage sanity Here are the specs ECS A VM-M Motherboard AMD Athlon X Processor GHz OEM Corsair XMS DHX MB Dual Channel PC DDR MHz Memory x MB EVGA GeForce GT Video Card - GB GDDR PCI Express -Watt Power Supply Seagate Barracuda GB Hard Drive HP dvd i DVD Writer Procesor running under C video card running at C Operating System XP SP Drivers for MOB Video Card and Processors are up to date nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

i upgraded my video card to a ati radeon 9800 from a geforce 4 mx 440.

ati says i need a 300w power supply, my pc has a 250w.

the only devices hooked up to my power supply are two cd drives(one dvd-rw, one cd-rom) the floppy drive, and the hard drive. and i guess the motherboard is included right?

i disconnected the cd-rom drive since i dont use it much.

would there still be a problem? everything seems fine so far.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone I have a Compaq Presario with a watt power supply and a PCI Express X slot I need suggestions for an nVidia or Radeon card that will work with such a low power supply I play WoW and Oblivion hopefully will be able for Need supply card Video power 250W to play Star Trek online Any suggestions Much appreciated Here are the Need Video card for 250W power supply specs of my comp Hi I own a Compaq Presario computer with an AMD Sempron processor and GB RAM installed There are only two available slots for RAM and the computer was advertised as being upgradable to GB Can anyone tell me the most powerful processor AMD processor I can upgrade this computer with as well as the best memory - G sticks to use Here are the MOBO specs Motherboard description Motherboard manufacturer s name Asus M N -LA HP Compaq name Ivy -GL CPU Processor Socket AM Supports the following processors Athlon X with Dual Core technology Athlon Sempron Front-side bus FSB MT s GT s Chipset NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce BIOS features System BIOS core brand Award Keyboard combination to used to enter BIOS F Form factor Micro-ATX in X in Memory Dual channel memory architecture Two -pin DDR DIMM sockets Supported DIMM types PC - MHz PC - MHz PC - MHz Non-ECC memory only unbuffered Supports GB DDR DIMMs Supports up to GB bit PCs cannot address a full GB of memory NOTE Actual available memory may be less Expansion slots Two PCI One PCI Express x graphics for graphics card One PCI Express x for cards such as network sound tv-tuner Video graphics Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce SE Up to MB of system memory with MB or more system memory Also supports PCI Express x graphics cards NOTE Either integrated graphics or the PCI Express x slot are usable at one time they are not usable concurrently Parallel ATA One -pin UltraDMA connector Supports PIO multi-word DMA modes Supports two PATA disk drives on one PATA ribbon cable two drives total Serial ATA Two SATA connectors SATA Black SATA White Supports SATA or SATA disk drive on each SATA connector Speed up to Gb sec or Gb sec complying with SATA and SATA specifications nbsp

A:Need Video card for 250W power supply

Sorry I pasted too much from another post in my original message. All I want to know is about the video card for my 250 watt power supply. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-video-card-for-250w-power-supply.133870/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I am trying to fit a new pwer supply and graphics card to my PC I Have purchased a Radeon Sapphire HD GB GDDR I have also purchase a new w Power Supply to replace the w power supply which can connect directly to the Graphics Card I have removed the exixting parts and fitted the new parts as per the instructions When I go to power up the PC starts for a second or two then switches off If switch on again the same happens During this very short period the fans on both the CPU on the motherboard and the powers supply spin I have tried Power Card Installing Graphics amd New Supply just powering up with just the large connector that plugs into the motherboard but the same thing happens I have now connected everything back up with the original power supply and graphics card and everything is OK again I understood that installing a higher wattage power supply would not be a problem for the motherboard as it will only draw the power that it needs If anyone can help to shed some light on where I am going wrong I would appreciate Installing New Graphics Card amd Power Supply it Many Thanks Darrell Current Spec OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor x Installing New Graphics Card amd Power Supply Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC NODUSM MB- nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Lenovo nbsp I've recently been trying to upgrade my H - s graphics card Supply Graphics Card Lenovo H30-50 for Power In fact I've bought the wrong card twice from misguided advice Ended up buying cards that were cm instead of the needed cm or so Believe me that's been frustrating enough nbsp Anyway I've finally found a card that'll fit It's MSI's low profile ti Its got plenty of power Looks great Hopefully should fit Here's the link nbsp http www amazon co uk MSI-Nvidia- Ti-Graphics-Dvi-D dp B ZA IFGA ref sr s computers amp ie UTF nbsp Wattage on Amazon says W Wattage on Nvidia website says W As far as I'm aware the H - has a W PSU Is this graphics card an absolute no-go nbsp I have the i - model gb Lenovo H30-50 Power Supply for Graphics Card ram upgraded with gb recently TB HDD nbsp nbsp If this is not a possibility is it possible to upgrade the PSU considering how slimline these pcs are Lenovo H30-50 Power Supply for Graphics Card I'd much rather find a new PSU than have to try and find another decent specification low profile graphics card nbsp Any ideas nbsp Thanks

A:Lenovo H30-50 Power Supply for Graphics Card

Good day and welcome to the community.

Have you seen the discussion in this solved thread?https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H30-50-upgrade-graphics-card/m-p/2267755

Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-H30-50-Power-Supply-for-Graphics-Card/td-p/3281673
Relevancy 64.93%

HI,

Got a new computer about a month and a half ago from BBY, and bought a new ATI Radeon 9550 256MB AGP video card for it. I recently got Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and have been playing it with no problems until recently...my monitor starts to flicker and then it looks like the game has "melted" on the screen - everything seems to run together...it just started happening and it doesn't take very long for it to start once I get into the game. My machine came with only a 250W power supply and I've been meaning to upgrade that, but I was wondering if these issues are related to the card or not???

My system:

Athlon XP 3200, 2.2Ghz
512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM
160GB Ultra DMA HD
8x Dual Layer DVD/RW
52x CDROM
Onboard sound
ATI Radeon 9550 256MB AGP Video Card

Thanks for any help!!

A:Video card problem or power supply???

Well in a nut shell your power supply is way to small for that card.. Did some quick figuring i got 248watts for a answer there abouts ...I would think about getting a bigger powersupply like a 420w power supply..

check out here and be your own judge..

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-problem-or-power-supply.21496/
Relevancy 64.93%

My PC an AsRock N VS FX has only got a -Watt Power Supply Unit in it and this severely restricts what + Power Card Video Supply Unit Video Graphics Card that can be used have got a GIGABYTE RADEON HD GB DDR Video Graphics Card lying around but cannot use it as it needs at least a Watt PSU to drive it Meanwhile recently purchased a monitor a Viewsonic VX s-LED Inch Power Supply Unit + Video Card x Black IPS LED that has only got a VGA and DVI Port on it am using it with a DVI cable connected to a GE FORCE GB DDR Video Graphics Card and am bitterly disappointed with the poor graphical quality especially when watching videos and movies So am wondering if a -Watt PSU was installed in the PC and the HD Video Card installed would this make a noticeable difference to the quality resolution clarity of what is seen on the monitor The ms Response-Time of the Viewsonic is sure not helping matters either and have been looking at buying an AOC e Swh quot LED Monitor Black Full HD HDMI apparantly it has got a ms Response-Time and would like to ask here if there would be a very dramatic graphical-quality improvement if a monitor like this was hooked up to the GIGABYTE RADEON HD using an HDMI cable Am not a Tech as is fully proven by the monitor a salesman suckered me into buying so desperately need advice on this stuff have got poor eyesight and need the best possible affordable equipment to generate good quality graphics Thank you will be very grateful for any replies nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Will the EVGA 500B (power supply) work with the
Sapphire Radeon R7 260x 2 GB GDDR5 (graphic accelerator)
Thanks.

A:Graphis card/power supply compatability

That's a pretty vague question.

There's no way to answer it without knowing the description of the other hardware in that computer and how you intend to use that computer.

My guess is you want to use that computer for gaming.

------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphis-card-power-supply-compatability.1151534/
Relevancy 64.93%

I think either my video card or power supply is failing Recently my computer has been freezing This usually happens when playing video games no artifacts just unresponsive and my system Card? Failing Or Supply Video Power is far above the game req s but has happened while loading web pages or running video as well In addition Power Supply Failing Or Video Card? to this the monitor will occasionally not receive a signal until but it will if I reboot my computer Am I probably correct in thinking my old power supply is starting to fail My computer is - years old other than a new hard drive and I believe my video card is a year or so younger than the rest of the computer TBH I know little of hardware failure symptoms other than what I looked up online so it s just a guess I have also tested the ram already windiag and reformatted re-installed windows to help rule out software Thanks for the help My System please ask if I forgot anything I used DXDiag amp SIS Sandra for this info Compaq Presario SR X Desktop PC http h www hp com ewfrf wc ory amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp lang en amp product ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp - System Manufacturer Compaq Power Supply Failing Or Video Card? Presario System Model PX AA-ABA SR X NA BIOS Power Supply Failing Or Video Card? Phoenix - Award BIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode MoBo - ASUSTek Computer Inc Salmon Power Supply - Bestec W model ATX- - Z Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce MB Temp Info used speedfan to collect info System is not overclocked GPU C up to - while playing games CPU C Ambient C Remote C HD C Temp C Core C Voltage Info I have no clue what any of this means lol V Vcpu V Vcc V v V V V V V Vbat V nbsp

A:Power Supply Failing Or Video Card?

This does sound like it could be a failing power supply, you do have a budget brand one with a fairly low output. I wouldn't have thought that the 6200 would need a big PSU but it might be worth looking to upgrade to around 350 or 400W. It is always good to have extra headroom in your power supply because then you do not risk overloading it.

Others may have different suggestions, but I have personally used an Enermax Liberty 400W in the past and it was a good unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-failing-or-video-card.877849/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey PC card either supply power Down, . Graphics . Shutting . or all first post and all i hope you can shed PC Shutting Down, either power supply or Graphics card . . . some light on a rather unusual PC Shutting Down, either power supply or Graphics card . . . situation I am running on a Dell mhz ram hard drives and the defalt power supply and graphics card which is not integrated but really crappy bourd on a PCI slot Now the problem At seemingly random times my computer freezes and goes blank or freezes and resets There is no warning however it seems that it is during periods of high activity although not for sure OFten when i click to run a program it will just poof reset My initial assumption was overheating by either the graphics card or CPU I opened up the case and had it run like that but the problem persisted I also suspected the graphics card - perhaps something was wrong with it Now I do not know when the first one of these happened or what started it I dont belive it had anything to do with any recently-installed programs I am looking at a new graphics cards but before i buy I wanted to see if it could be my power supply I do not have any experience dealing with them however and dont even know where to start Any tips pointers comments or advice welcome Thanks alot woody nbsp

A:PC Shutting Down, either power supply or Graphics card . . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shutting-down-either-power-supply-or-graphics-card.305627/
Relevancy 64.93%

Im having some issues with my pc When i play counter strike as Power Supply or - Video Card Failing? well as most other games I am randomly locking up and either crashing or getting HUGE quot lag quot issues almost like my pc locks up for about - seconds entirely Now i know for a fact that my pc is very much fast enough to run such an old game like counter strike so sweat but ever since i reformatted about weeks ago ive been having this issue along with in game artifacts occuring issues with lighting Power Supply or Video Card - Failing? and anisotropic filtering I calleg BFG tech support and they said it sounds like my PSU is failing I ran prime a couple of times and never once did it say Power Supply or Video Card - Failing? fail all my components pass I have the newest drivers the oldest drivers and everything in beetween Trust me I ts not the drivers I m not overclocked one bit ALL my temps are fine used diff apps to monitor all give same results and i cant figure out this for the life of me I know my video card is fast enough for most games bioshock on med CS S defaults to all maxed except AA and it s Power Supply or Video Card - Failing? starting to piss me off oh and i cant check my voltage for some reason so dont tell me to check them hp motherboard and everything has new correct drivers EXCEPT my chipset didnt have time to dl last night Heres my pc specs AMD socket GB Crucial PC PNY GS AGP MB GB WD HDD CD DVD RW blah blah blah -in- Front Media Reader PCI NIC Gigabyte XXXXX CPU Cooler mm fan Antec Dual PCI Blower Antec Spot Cool Antec mm Case Exhaust Antec cant remember model name Watt PSU Windows XP Pro On a side note no idea if this helps or pertains to the subject about one in every or so restarts my keyboard or mouse or sometimes both dont initialize So I have to plug them in again once windows finishes starting Both USB Razer Diamondback Saitek Eclipse Thanks for your help guys nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey folks I ve run into a weird problem and insufficient power is the only theory HDD's > watt Graphics 4 supply? 500 2 power & card that makes sense to me so far but I wanted to ask on here and see if there is something I m missing I ve got a Watt 2 Graphics card & 4 HDD's > 500 watt power supply? power supply HDD and on SDD running in my computer with a Core Two Duo Ghz processor I recently upgraded my graphics card from an GT to a GTS and then picked up a second monitor on craigslist Initially I ran both monitors off of the GTS and took the GT out all together but then I decided to put the back in to power the secondary monitor and that is where things got weird After attempting several different cabling designs I finally managed to get both cards working but the fan on the GT wasn t spinning At the time I didn t have the drivers for the card installed but I don t see how that should make a difference Right now I m back to both monitors running on the GTS which handles the load fine but I would still prefer to spread it out among the two for gaming reasons Thanks in advance for any and all help amp ideas Bonus question Somewhere along the way my BIOS CMOS forgot the day and time even though the battery is still fine and it no longer boots into the OS without me manually selecting the SSD on the boot device list even though it still has boot flags set Ideas nbsp

A:2 Graphics card & 4 HDD's > 500 watt power supply?

Two different cards will have no affect on gaming performance. The reason for multiple cards is to drive multiple monitors (ie: if a single card doesn't have enough ports). Most games default to the primary display and will not scale across multiple cards unless you are running SLI or Crossfire.

Power supply quality is more important than the size rating. On top of that, you need a power supply with multiple 12 volts rails and adequate amp rating on each rail to support the devices that you are connecting. With all of that said, a quality 500w unit may be adequate, anything less is likely under powered.

Try manually clearing the CMOS and/or restoring to factory defaults. Then making any adjustments needed for operation. Loss of time is typically a sign of a battery issue, aside from that it would be a motherboard or corrupt BIOS problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-graphics-card-4-hdds-500-watt-power-supply.1020348/
Relevancy 64.93%

alright it finally gave out on me what should i do my gtx 275 oc is broken and they dont sell it at best but i current have a nvidia evga gts 8600 but i want better graphics it doesn't please me willing to play 250$ and i got a 1000w power supply so any recommendation's

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6141 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597236 MB, Free - 565024 MB; D: Total - 13241 MB, Free - 1817 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, NARRA3, 3.02, MS1C89R61602331
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 64.93%

So today my dad bought me a new graphics card (Geforce 6800gs AGP) and he installed it into my pc
The card has a power supply cable supplied which needs to be plugged into the power source, however the normal cable colour for the power supply (red, black, and something else) is different to the cable colour for the graphics card (brown, black and the same something else)
is this completely fine, and we can use it? or is there something i need <_<

Relevancy 64.93%

I am about to go crazy here . I turn the the computer on and the pwer supply starts up , I hear the hard drive start up , etc . , but it's like there is not a video card even installed . I get nothing . I changed the video card out with a known good video card and same thing . The power supply is acting a little strange . As soon as you plug the power cord into the back of the computer the computer comes on and starts powering up . Could the power supply be causing the no video ? Thanks

Relevancy 64.93%

My brother needs a video card but me being the smart one here, he needs my help. I got his info from dxdiag and I need a recommendation for two things , a video card and power supply. His current power supply runs at a max of 250w and it seems low, mine being 500w so its the right thing to upgrade in order to get a video card. Please keep video card recommendations "single slot" only since I have no idea how to hook up a video card to a power supply. Single slot ones are simple.

System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Manufacturer : Hewlett-Packard
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor
Memory: 4096MB RAM
OS Memory: 3840MB RAM
Power Supply : 250W Max

A:Upgrading video card and power supply

What's the model of the HP machine?

I ask in the hope that it's not a small form factor machine. That would determine whether or not its PSU could be replaced with a standard ATX supply, and whether it could take a full-sized graphics card rather than half height. (Card length is another issue, at the high end.)

Is there a budget? I suppose that he might be willing to get one of the current high end graphics cards (Radeon HD 7970 or nVidia GTX 680) plus PSU to drive it, at a cost of $600-700, but it seems unlikely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/223451-upgrading-video-card-power-supply.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My first post so hello firstly I am looking to upgrade my graphics card to the GB BFG Geforce GT unless anyone can confusion Supply/Graphics Power Card recommend a better DDR PCIe card for a Power Supply/Graphics Card confusion similar price - on amazon co uk I realised that I would probably need to upgrade as well Sure enough my PSU FSP Group Inc W - Hz - if the sticker on the side of the PSU is anything to go by fails to meet the minimum card requirements of W However I realised I had never researched the current power needs of my current card Nvidia Geforce GT and so out of curiosity I did This has stumped me My current cards minimum requirements are also W The card has been installed for - years with no issues at all Whilst this probably means I have not been getting full performance out of the card I don t understand although am very grateful nonetheless why the motherboard card has not been fried or failed from the lower wattage PSU So that is my first query - one of curiosity With this in mind do you think I still need to invest in a new PSU for the new graphics card if the current one is sufficient and safe with a card of similar although lesser specs If so is there anything else besides the graphics card I need to consider when shopping for a PSU Below is some more info in case you require it Current PSU FPS - Gen Current Graphics Card nVidia GeForce GT min req W Wanted Graphics Card BFG GeForce GT min req W Computer Model Packard Bell iMedia OS Microsoft Windows XP SP RAM GB I will hopefully up this to the max GB this weekend I can t think of anything else that might be relevant - please let me know if you require more info Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I'm currently running a AMD 6450 HD GPU on a ddr3 and I get low fps while gaming. Are there any good graphics cards that I can get for a 550w power supply that are compatable with my system?

A:i have a power supply of 550w what graphics card should I get

What is your brand of your power supply? We'll need it so we can be safe, at around 550W you can use a GTX 960. Can you do this for us?

System Info - See Your System Specs

We'll need a complete detail of your PC Specs so we can proceed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/367564-i-have-power-supply-550w-what-graphics-card-should-i-get.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello TSG,
I recently bought a GeForce 9800GTX+ Graphics Card

I have a regular HP Pavillion Desktop Computer...

is this power supply going to work for me?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139001

Im pretty sure it will, is this a good price? Should I look elsewhere first?
Will it fit lol?

lemme kno
-scott

A:Power Supply/Graphic Card Questions

Don't get a modular PSU if you're not really, really, really persistent about having one or two cables less inside the case. It's just not worht the extra price, and the loss of power the cables cause, and the multi-rail design instead of the rock-solid single rail desing. Get this instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005 or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703005 even cheaper and well enough.
You'll need to post the model number of the HP, but I would say it fits. Also... I would still recommend a new case. HP cases do not have enough airflow for high-end components like (well, mid-high) 9800 GTX+.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-graphic-card-questions.790079/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am upgrading to an NVIDIA in a Card Supply Power and Problems Video few days While looking Video Card and Power Supply Problems at various sites about cards I realized I might need a new PSU So I opened my PC and got the specs they are as follows Input - V A - V A - Hz Output v - A - v - A w Max v A v A Max Combined Power On v and v Output is w v and v Many people have said I need to upgrade while a few have said I am fine I don t know much about this stuff and therefore I would love to hear any other interpretations of these specs Also my Power Supply isn t the normal looking unit It is not a cube it is long and goes down almost the whole bottom half of my computer It is in the shape of a long gray rectangle It looks as though there will be room for a new unit because there is this metal cage that sits on top of the current PSU that appears to be a good match for a normal square power supply But I am not sure if I will be able to remove my PSU because there are no visible screws attaching it to the computer as far as I can tell So my questions are Do I need a new Power Supply If I get a new one will it fit Should I be able to remove the old one thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Ok I am on a small budget and it will be a little while before I get anything but I need help deciding something I recieved a mobo that supports P cpu PCI-Ex and Decision Card Supply Graphics Power etc I know it is outdated by a good bit but I got it free I need a power supply that will power a gt and have decided it will be one of these two Ultra watt amps on the volt rail I think I m still learning about Power Supplies http www tigerdirect com applications searchtools item-details asp EdpNo amp body MAIN PC Power and Cooling watts with amps on the volt rail http www zipzoomfly com jsp ProductDetail jsp ProductCode Power Supply and Graphics Card Decision amp prodlist bizrate I know people who have gotten Ultras Power Supply and Graphics Card Decision and love em but yeah doing research I found that the PC Power and Cooling company is supposed to be pretty good Graphics wise would the or GT be the better choice From what I have seen the competes with the but I want your opinions nbsp

A:Power Supply and Graphics Card Decision

The 9600GT usually scores 3 or 4 fps lower even though it's $50 less than the 8800GT. It also produces less heat and uses less power. 8800GT is just a little bit more powerful for $200 while the the 9600GT is 99% as good for $150. I would go with the 9600 as it really, really gives you bang for your buck. And it isn't as hot as other graphics cards. And I believe that how it works is that a lot of amps on a single 12v rail is better than few amps on a couple of 12v rails. So I would get the PC power and cooling PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-and-graphics-card-decision.106035/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I run Diablo my computer restarts without warning at the login screen The things I ve tried so far are changing the video card slot and changing the cable going into the video card At first I though it was my processor over heating but when I ran prime everything checked out so then I got a my Dying? Supply Is Card or Graphics Power GPU stress test and after about seconds my computer shut down without warning The program I used was FurMark Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb - Crucial Ballistix Sport GB X GB PC - DDR - V CL Dual Channel Memory Kit Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb - Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UD H Power Supply Sparkle Action W Model SPI GLN Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Is my Power Supply or Graphics Card Dying? Updated and Enabled The motherboard and ram Is my Power Supply or Graphics Card Dying? is brand new and this is a fresh install of Windows The graphics card is going to be about year old in June but the PSU is the only piece of original hardware on my computer which is about years old and not really that great of a brand so I m thinking that it s about time to replace it Should I go out and spend the money for a new PSU or is this actually a graphics card Is my Power Supply or Graphics Card Dying? problem nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys,

My computer has one AGP slot open, so I ordered the VisionTek Radeon 2400 Pro 512MB DDR2 AGP Graphics Card from Circuit City.

I just found out that it needs a 270W supply from my onboard power supply. The card achieves this through a 4-pin molex connector, so I would like to know if my power supply can even support the graphics card.

On the label, the power supply says:

Output: Total 295.4W max; +12V, +12Vsp Total 209W max

If anyone can tell me if my power supply can support my will-be graphics card, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Relevancy 64.93%

I'm thinking about getting a 9800 GTX and a quad core processor, so what power supply should I get(wattage). Also, does the processor really affect what type of PSU I should get or is it just the video card?

Relevancy 64.93%

I'm looking to buy a new PSU so I can upgrade my video card. I'm on ATI's site checking out their approved PSUs, I'm gonna get one from Thermaltake I think.

Which from this site would you recommend: http://ati.amd.com/products/certified/powersupplies.html#pstop

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello , I have a lenovo h50-50 90b6 and wanted to know the type of my power supply ( ATX or micro ATX ) and if I could change the current of 280w a 500w. Also wanted to know if my motherboard has PCI Express 3.0 graphics card to change , now I have a GTX 745 2GB and I would like to replace it with a gtx 950 I have everything factory. I'm sorry for my English.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Upgrade-power-supply-and-graphics-card/td-p/3432402
Relevancy 64.93%

I wanted to double check with you guys.

I ordered a Dell Inspiron 531 along with a GeForce video card. Well, today I recived the video card in the mail and I read the minimun system requirements for installing the video card are 350watts. The Inspiron 531 only has a 300watt supply...Does this mean I'm going to have problems? When I made the purchase via telephone the sales rep said it should be fine...

Thanks in advance,

A:Solved: Video Card and Power Supply

Chances are it will run most of the time. The PSU rating is only for peak loading. SO, if yo uintend playing game,s theres a good chance it will cop out as soon as you start actually doing something.
So short answer, if you want to do anything that is not video intensive, yo uhave a reasonable chance of it probably working, if you want to do anything else, its probably best to get a new PSU.
As for the sales rep, if you bought both items at the same time, from the same place, it would seem you probably have grounds to get a refund on one or both items- if you ask a question and get a false reply, thats not legal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-card-and-power-supply.703911/