Windows Support Forum

Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

Q: Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 88.66%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 110.94%

So I fixed the black screen of death, by unselected a few startup programs(cyberlink services) and disabled UAC as well. I am now able to view all my files, but everything looks like windows 98(I tried to change the theme, but i can't find any now). I can't do a bunch of things(log onto my wireless).

I was wondering how I can fix this, I was thinking of repairing vista startup, unless there is something easier?

When I run msconfig-> services, i hardly have any services(i have 2, compared to about 25 before. I have 0 when i click hide all microsoft programs) which is weird because I only stopped two.

Any help would be very excellent.

edit: it actually looks like its running in safe mode(without the safe mode text on each corner), but i have selected normal start up.

A:Startup problems after fixing Black Screen of death

Hello sp00ks222 welcome to TSF

It sounds as if you selected 'Selective Startup' which allows only the very basic drivers to startup.

Try this

1. Select 'Start' and type 'MSConfig', Press enter

2. The panel should open on the 'General' tab, Select the check box next to 'Normal Startup'

3. Select the 'Boot' tab and make sure nothing is checked in this tab

4. Select 'Apply' and then 'Exit With Restart'

5. Once the machine is rebooted you should be good to go :)

You may have to go into the startup tab later and add on programs you want to start at boot.

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-problems-after-fixing-black-screen-of-death-376860.html
Relevancy 109.65%

I had my first blue screen of death a few hours ago while playing counter-strike go I have no idea what caused it and I'm worried about my pc Every now and then my display will go black screen while, goes black death, a problems in once of a image numerous every blue Had I'm not sure why that is Even during games it will Had a blue screen of death, image goes black every once in a while, numerous problems happen That happens after my pc has been on for a while at least hours I haven't cleaned it in months and I've had it for nearly and a half years Haven't installed anything at all today Haven't installed any hardware in the past two years My specs Windows bit home premium AMD Phenom II Quad-core processor clocked at ghz HIS Radeon Corsair PSU w Gigabyte motherboard gb ram What the blue screen looked like My graphics overdrive settings on the AMD catalyst were MHz with fan control at I now have MHz with fan control at because I'm thinking it was a heat issue The highest temperature I saw for my graphics card went up to degrees while I was running CSGO in windowed mode My PC crashed and restarted almost a week ago while I was running CSGO and weeks ago my pc did it around or times while I was running GTA IV Help me out please Thanks in advance

A:Had a blue screen of death, image goes black every once in a while, numerous problems

Moved to Bsod's please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/had-a-blue-screen-of-death-image-goes-black-every-once-in-a-while-numerous-problems-696026.html
Relevancy 106.64%

So I turn on my computer this morning and the BSOD pops up. Error code is:

***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF78C63DC, 0xF78C60D8, 0x862A5805)

It says to disable any anti virus, disk defrag, or backup utilities, but I can't even get into Windows. Can't boot into safe mode or last known configuration either.

I reset the RAM and used both sticks on their own, same problem.

Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Blue screen of death on startup....cant boot into Windows (0x24 stop code)

Hi

0x24 stop error indicates a problem with the driver ntfs.sys that allows Windows to read from NTFS formatted drives.

If you have an XP CD, boot off the CD, enter the recovery console, and type in chkdsk /f.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-on-startup-cant-boot-into-windows-0x24-stop-code-433695.html
Relevancy 106.64%

In need of serious help To begin I am stupid and haven't backed up any of of Stuck blue after death screen screen death, of black on my files so for now a windows reinstall is out of the Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death question unless it's completely necessary okay so the problem I was using my computer as normal Then while on Google Chrome it started getting slow and said quot not responding quot this happens all the time to everyone so I waited and then the dreaded Blue screen of death appeared Didn't get a look at what it said because it shut down almost immediately After that it loaded as normal Which is weird I think But got stuck after startup on the black screen of death All I have is a cursor Can't do ctrl alt del can't load any of the safe modes When I go on startup repair it says quot no restore points quot on system restore and quot could not detect a problem quot on system repair or whatever it's called There must be something to fix this I live in hope that the whole system doesn't need to be wiped clean because as I said I stupidly haven quot t backed up my files Can anyone help Please

A:Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death

this sounds like it should be a BSOD thread, post a seperate thread in the BSOD section following the posting instructions for BSODs, make sure you include the dump files, if you don't know how to do that, it should tell you in the BSOD posting instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368783-stuck-black-screen-death-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T and am using Windows XP Pro My computer has been shutting off and going to sleep suddenly Then Problems Death, Suspected Malware - of Boot Blue Screen yesterday I began having numerous issues starting my computer including Blue Screens of Death including the Stop x b ERROR and x a ERROR I Blue Screen of Death, Boot Problems - Suspected Malware was Blue Screen of Death, Boot Problems - Suspected Malware unable to start the computer in Safe Mode nor via the Recovery Console Finally I was able to use the Lenovo ThinkVantage Rescue Tool which seems to have fixed some of the problems and now I was able to get back in to Windows Unfortunately I am worried that this problem may not be resolved so I am writing to TSG because you guys always fix the hardest problems I ran the Sysinfo tool and have pasted it below as well as attached all of the log files for the required tools GMER HJT DDS etc Please note I have attached all the files instead of pasted into this posting Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO T U Not Available VF V A A Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 104.06%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 104.06%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 104.06%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 104.06%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 103.63%

HI guys

When booting up my laptop in "last known good configuration" mode i keep getting the blue screen of death and the laptop freezes and cuts out and is very over heated. When i have booted up in "safe mode with networking" the latop is still over heating but it dosn't freeze or i don't get the blue screen of death. I am also limited to what i can doin safe mode.

Any ideas what the problem could be please chaps?

Thanks in advance

Tony

A:Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

Exact wording of BSOD error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Conditions/events which may have led to this?

When did problem begin?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489566/blue-screen-of-death-on-normal-boot-up-but-no-blue-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello everyone I have a Toshiba Satellite L D- X computer for the kids and for the Death/Blue of Screen Death Black Screen of price it's a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death good laptop Have had no issues with it until two weeks ago when the screen froze for the boys whilst playing a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death game and downloading a program from the net Had to do a force shutdown and since then we have a BSoD on every boot-up This is what we have tried On 'Starting Windows' we are given an option of either 'Launch Startup Repair' which ends up as BSoD or 'Start Windows Normally' which reverts back to the 'Starting Windows' option list Any attempt to enter 'Safe Mode' results in BSoD Attempting to boot an ISO of the Windows Recovery Disk on a USB key we did highlight it and promote it to the top results in BSoD Borrowing a proper Window installation DVD and highlighting this as an option results in BSoD In fact the only option we used that threw up something different was using advanced boot options On one of these options we got the Blue Screen of Death with the following information Unmountable Boot Volume Disable Bios Memory Options such as caching shadowing Tech info Stop x ED xFFFFFA C CDO xFFFFFFFFC x x I don't mind erasing the hard drive and starting again there's nothing on it that's critical I'd very very much appreciate a steer on this Checked the web for stuff and nothing seems to assist in any other options I am not particularly tech literate but can follow instructions Thanks in advance PS I have not been able to access any option that allows me to either format the drive access DOS or any other options that allows me to try any of the rational things you've set up in your sticky I'm in Dublin Ireland in case you're wondering about the timeline

A:Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

Hi, malbekh; and welcome to the forum. Please read these threads and post back. We will be glad to help you.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118570-black-screen-death-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Blue screen of death now just black screen...that features a blinking underscore icon....

The horror....the horror....

What have I done?

Anyone have any idea how to get my PC back running?

Cant run TSG Sysinfo obviously. The PC is running Windows XP 32 bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 102.34%

At least 3 times today, I have gotten the Blue Screen of Death. I don't see anything on it that lists a problem. When computer starts up, it doesn't even get to the "Starting Windows" part, its just a black screen. I have looked and Googled and can't find any help with this problem. Has anyone had this happen to them? PLEASE HELP!

A:Blue Screen of Death Followed by Black Screen

Hello and welcome BeachGadog see this
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

PS Some system specs would be helpful too mate
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367341-blue-screen-death-followed-black-screen.html
Relevancy 102.34%

All of a sudden, I get the Blue Screen of Death, then when I restart computer the screen stays black, even though its running. Any help would really be appreciated.

A:Blue Screen of Death Then Black Screen

If you can get to the F8 screen, try last known good configuration option. If can't reach that screen, pretty soon regular BC techs will appear, follow their advice, you can't go wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573456/blue-screen-of-death-then-black-screen/
Relevancy 100.62%

While attempting to boot, Death before screen login Black during of Screen restore a previous backup of my system with Norton Ghost I got an error and the system rebooted Upon reboot I get the black screen of death with just the cursor instead of the usual login screen I have tried the following thus far These all give me the black screen of death with movable cursor boot in safe mode boot in safe mode with networking boot in safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration I did an Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen initial system startup repair which went through and said it repaired it rebooted but no change I did a pre-boot diagnostic test - nothing memory test - nothing tried restoring from restore point but it says I don't have any LIES BLASPHEMY tried restoring from restore point on external disk - seemed okay then failed chkdsk - found some stuff fixed it no change tried ctrl alt del on black screen of death - nothing Now I know that the hard drive itself is alright that is the information is still all there still While I can't give you exact specs I can tell you that I am on a Dell Studio XPS running Win home premium bit I'm at a loss as to what else to do Despite being a black screen with just a movable cursor the system still appears to be running as every few minutes it will show the quot thinking quot cursor where it shows the little circle next to the arrow If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated hugs and kisses Amplitude

A:Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

hi,

Known issue some users have it others don't did you try Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7? or this mentions a "black screen of death" fix but i would be verry carefull running executable files from unknown sources

Windows 7 Black Screen Of Death Fix

also this http://www.everything-microsoft.com/2009/12/01/windows-7-bsod-black-screen-of-death-freeze-and-potential-fix/

but it also points to external sources microsoft should fix the issue or that *.exe should be authenticode signed so you have a way to verify it's trustworthy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219955-black-screen-death-during-boot-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hey guys

been having this probelm for awhile now, solved it for a while by dedusting my comp but its happening more and more now, ive uploaded what u required. have to hold down the power button to solve it.

Windows 7 was installed witht he comp over a year ago now

A:blue screen (well black) of death

Quote: Originally Posted by Ravendude

Hey guys

been having this probelm for awhile now, solved it for a while by dedusting my comp but its happening more and more now, ive uploaded what u required. have to hold down the power button to solve it.

Windows 7 was installed witht he comp over a year ago now

First I would remove Symantec. A known cause of BSOD's and 2 years old. Then update the following

Code:
PxHlpa64.sys 3/12/2008 9:58:17 PM fffff880`010d9000 fffff880`010e4d00 0x0000bd00 0x47d88a39
e1y62x64.sys 6/12/2009 9:16:42 PM fffff880`04224000 fffff880`0426d000 0x00049000 0x4a32fdfa
ccHPx64.sys 6/19/2009 7:28:39 PM fffff880`040cf000 fffff880`04162000 0x00093000 0x4a3c1f27
SymIMv.sys 6/22/2009 7:11:56 PM fffff880`02c8a000 fffff880`02c95000 0x0000b000 0x4a400fbc
SRTSPX64.SYS 6/22/2009 10:47:54 PM fffff880`02de0000 fffff880`02df4000 0x00014000 0x4a40425a
SYMEFA64.SYS 6/23/2009 5:52:39 PM fffff880`01072000 fffff880`010d9000 0x00067000 0x4a414ea7
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS 6/24/2009 4:19:12 PM fffff880`02d20000 fffff880`02d56000 0x00036000 0x4a428a40
SYMTDI.SYS 7/6/2009 8:28:48 PM fffff880`02cd4000 fffff880`02d20000 0x0004c000 0x4a5296c0
Norton 360 How to uninstall
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167246-blue-screen-well-black-death.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Vista upgraded a HP Pavilion Slimline May have been a bit slow in shutdown and locked up in desktop screen I pulled the plug to shut off I later restarted and got a blue screen with no response to keystrokes I found in win or days that if you leave a blue screen on long enough the starting screen may become up In this case on restart I got a black screen with nothing happening I tried a basic downloaded boot disk No response on several tries No way to determine what the specific problem is except that Black of Blue screen death! and then whatever procedures are listed here tend to assume there will be a response to a proper type of disk Quite a few Blue and then Black screen of death! disk developers recovery say they can boot whatever you have Norton which works closely with Win has a utility to Blue and then Black screen of death! beat open a non-responding computer However something must be able to find the stopping point and with a dead screen I don't know what type or whose disk to use So which recovery path do I take first

A:Blue and then Black screen of death!

Welcome
Start here:
Create a recovery disc using another computer.
If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD.
Hard Disc Controller must be set to IDE in BIOS and Bios must be set to boot from the CD Boot Priority - Change

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options. Choose an option tht will not cause you to lose your stuff.

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296218-blue-then-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I dont know if i should call this blue or black screen of death.  What happens is that when i try to boot up my computer i cannot load up my desktop.  I get the welcome screen and the sound that the desktop is up but my screen then immediately goes to black.  My system the restarts and im able to load up in safe mode with networking.

OS - Windows 7· 32 bit· Is the OS is a full retail version· Age of system- 2 years· Age of OS installation- 2 years ago· CPU- i5 4670k· Video Card- nvidia gtx 780ti
Desktop

I was able to perform the sysnative file collection app however when I tried to perform the perfmon /report in cmd prompt another window popped up.

A:Black/Blue Screen of Death

Hi. . .

The bugcheck on all 4 dumps was 0x116 - video driver was unable to reset within 30 seconds.

Probable cause was listed as NVIDIA video -

nvlddmkm.sys Thu Mar 03 04:14:37 2016 (56D8007D)

https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

Update the driver. If BSODs continue, roll the driver back to a prior version.

If BSODs continue after that, test the video card - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3907-furmark-display-card-stress-test.html

You may also have to swap the video card out even if the results of Furmark were favorable.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-14804-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.19135.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.160121-1718
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:12:40.703 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:03.874
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+162584 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0cb94010 fffff880`07843584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
BiosVersion = 1007
BiosReleaseDate = 05/17/2013
SystemManufacturer = ASUS
SystemProductName = All Series
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3405
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-17799-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:45:36.374 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:55.170
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0f89a010 fffff880`0f5ed584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-30888-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:14:57.994 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:35.165
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+162584 )
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`1b9964e0 fffff880`0f605584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
BiosVersion = 1007
BiosReleaseDate = 05/17/2013
SystemManufacturer = ASUS
SystemProductName = All Series
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3405
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607390/blackblue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 98.47%

I turned my computer off when it was taking a long time to shut down and now I'm paying the price.

When I try to load regularly I get a Blue Screen of Death--screenshot attached.

The system them automatically restarts and gives me the option to start normally or launch windows repair. If i do the former, it goes BSOD and loops back to where I started.

If I choose the later, the system loads the files, then shows the windows logo, but them goes to the Black Screen of Death, i.e. a black screen with an over-sized mouse.

I've have search for suggestion, and tried most of them, but simple tech moves (unless I missed something) do not seem to work.

What can I do?

A:Blue AND Black Screen of death

The Repair choice should have given you options, not loaded Windows. Did you give the black screen with the arrow a good five minutes just in case?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-and-black-screen-of-death-680842.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Can you help me My pc on most occassions suddenly stopped letting me into the login page There are only certain occassions where it lets me in Here are the details of the problem PC specs HP dv - dx Entertainment Notebook Windows Home Nvidia GeForce GT M intel i - bit proccessor In simplest terms this is what happens when I boot HP of Startup Death Black on Screen logo comes up Proceeds to the quot Starting Windows Black Screen of Death on Startup quot screen Screen Blacks out I m aware of two kinds of black screen this is one where the monitor is seemingly turned off not the one where it s dark grayish It also prevents me from booting from a Hibernate state Some things I ve noted are - Sound card is up during startup it disables momentarily but I assume that this is normal behavior wifi is active - I can access Windows Recovery Console - This doesn t occur if I - Do a memory diagnostic via Windows Recovery Console - choose Safe Mode even with Networking - on the Startup screen I choose quot Enable Boot Logging quot Weird I know Things I ve tried that didn t fix it - System Restore - Updated Rolled back video card drivers - Installed Uninstalled sptd sys from Daemon Tools Lite I ve had to reboot for more than times now and I m afraid doing even more will harm my laptop This is nuts because I have no leads to the problem nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

Yo, I recently made a post called blue screen of death, heh,excuse moir, that wasnt my problem, i got confused. So here we go again. I have very common crashes with my pc mostly when I play JKA , it just crashes and this comes out. aaah, Have I uploaded the pic? I think i have, so any ideas?

Relevancy 97.18%

I m quite sure that if i get one more memory dump i m going to throw this unit out my very high my very very high window Ok of death and white=blue black screen I am so frustrated like most people who turn to forums I ve got the old quot black and black and white=blue screen of death white game trying to run on xp home quot problem I ve tried all the patches and compadability changes and here s the thing when i get to patch it says i m not running the right version of the game and it s not compatible what s the most weird is black and white=blue screen of death that when i try to get the patch installed the patch that CAME on the disk it says the same thing when i run the game it goes to startup then poof with the blue screen of death I ve attempted BIOS updates driver updates NOTHING is working not even creature isle Which is said to be xp compatible will work I just want to play my game thanks for your time and help amd athalon g ati rage mobility VIA AC nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

Dell Dimension 8400, Win XP Professional, 4gb RAM, new motherboard 2 years ago, HD pulled and works when connected to other machine, RAM checked OK.

At startup, get splash screen and goes to black screen with prompt. No message at prompt. Nothing happens. On startup, if hit F2 or F12, goes to black screen and prompt with no error message. It hit F8 to go to Safe Mode, states keyboard failure. No beeps when push power button. All four (4) lights are green. Pulled and replaced battery.

Any ideas? Total business files on this machine.

A:[SOLVED] On startup, Black screen of death

Two things I would check is power supply, and video card. If you have any known good working power supply, and video cards from another computer preferably from a dell on the power supply as they may use a proprietary unit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-on-startup-black-screen-of-death-488677.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 96.75%

I m having a problem with my Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have an g Maxtor HD as my main drive and a g WD secondary drive When I attempt to boot I get a blue screen with the message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is he first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Screen Can't Black Blue (Standard Screen w/cursor Mode), boot then XP Windows Safe or follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen hardware vendorm for any BIOS updates Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BB B xF E AO xF E AO FLTMGR SYS - Address F BB B base at F A DateStamp daAs far as the info in the message I see this screen with the same info everytime I rebooted As far as disk space my main drive is g aand I have about g of free space I m not sure if anything in the message refers to drivers Not sure how to change video adapters when I can t get into Windows Standard Mode or Safe Mode Also not sure how to deal with any of the BIOS suggestions or even know if it s a good idea to mess with it Again I cannot even boot to Safe Mode It takes me to the same Blue Screen message I have been able to boot from the CD I get to the Windows Setup screen it loads files It then says it s Starting Windows then takes me to the Windows XP Home Edition Setup It gives me the choices To set up Window XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R To quit Setup without installing Windows XP press F I pressed R and in the Recovery Console it shows C WINDOWSI press as this is the only Windows installation I have It then takes me to the Command Prompt C WINDOWS gt I have run CHKDSK and got this message The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked Use p if you want to check the volume anyway kb total disk space kb are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk I have also run CHKDSK r and it found and fixed one or more errors After I exited and tried to reboot from the HD and got the same BSOD with same message I don t know if this is a virus or hardware software problem I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Virus and Norton on the PC but without Windows XP I m not sure how to run them I have also booted from Hirems Boot CD and have run all the hardware tests checked HDs memory video etc I could and have found no problems Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Dave

A:Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen

mod bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385215/cant-boot-windows-xp-standard-or-safe-mode-black-screen-wcursor-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 96.75%

One of our computers, running Windows XP, has something wrong. I suspect a virus.

When it turns on, it goes to the Welcome screen and then the BSOD.

Being the knowledgeable chap I am, I tried Safe Mode and it starts up perfectly fine.

Other than that, I have no other information unless you want what the BSOD says.

Thanks for any help.

A:Blue screen of death on startup, normal startup on safemode

24 hours... *bump*

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330342/blue-screen-of-death-on-startup-normal-startup-on-safemode/
Relevancy 96.75%

First thanks in advance for clicking on my topic title Problem Windows starts up normally and the User selection screen pops up After selecting a user I get the blue screen of death and the laptop reboots Upon trying boot up on Safe Mode I get a completely black screen with a blinking quot quot at the top left corner of the screen Past Pertinent History I contracted the Antivirus XP Blue Startup Screen Of On Death malware on my laptop I was linked here but during that time BleepingComputer was undergoing maintenance Impatient I should ve just waited I looked up another tutorial on removing the malware It told me to delete some of the malwares main Blue Screen Of Death On Startup files I think I did and since then I haven t been able to boot the laptop up Laptop info WinXP Home EditionCan access BIOSASUS bought from AsiaWon Blue Screen Of Death On Startup t read a boot disk that works fine on my WinXP Home desktop is it because my desktop is from U S and the laptop in question is from Taiwan Thats pretty much all the info I can think of right now

A:Blue Screen Of Death On Startup

Try running System Restore.Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164757/blue-screen-of-death-on-startup/
Relevancy 96.75%

I am a recording engineer and run a Windows 7 Pro PC (custom built - 16 gig ram)) with Sonar and lots of pro audio software. I recently installed some new software and I am now getting the attached Blue Screen upon startup. Help!

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with no luck. What is this problem and how can I fix it while still maintaining the use of my software?

Thx all!

A:Blue Screen of Death on Startup

Hi

Please follow the below steps.

Boot the system in to safe mode.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/safe-mode-windows-7.htm

Create a system information report.

1. Open RUN dialogue by pressing Windows key and R together.

2. Enter Msinfo32 in the RUN dialogue to open Microsoft system information tool.

3. Choose File --> Save and save the report in the name system information.

Copy and Zip all the files located inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder to a single file. If you encounter a permission error, disable User Account Control and restart the system in to safe mode again.

Please attach the zipped dumps and system information report with the next reply. Alternatively, upload them to a free file hosting site and post the download link.

Example file hosting sites :

https://www.box.com/

http://www.mediafire.com/

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504437/blue-screen-of-death-on-startup/
Relevancy 96.75%

Yesterday I tried to turn on my laptop and it jumped to a screen saying that windows was not shut down properly last time Which is incorrect it was shutdown properly and there hasn t been any abnormal activity Startup on Blue Death Screen of or malfunctions with the computer No programs were installed recently and only it then gives me the choices of starting in safemode and such Attempting to start up in any mode the computer goes through the beginnings Blue Screen of Death on Startup of startingup and then flashing the Blue Screen Of Death with the error UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME Stop x ED x C xC C x x I tried to use my boot cd but it does the exact same thing My computer has a system restore function as well so I selected that The program has a step process the first being a choice of what kind of reformat ie complete reformat or make a backup of all the files before reformatting but it automatically selects complete reformat and save nothing I don t want to loose any files what would you recommend doing Computer Specs Gateway GX Laptop gb hdd running Windows XP Home with SP AMD Mobile Athlon ghz gb DDRram nbsp

Relevancy 96.75%

Hello I've got a Dell Inspiron running Win XP Home Edition when staring it shows Dell Latitude it's been a long time a year since I tried anything Was talking to our I T guy and he suggested I give you a shot at this When starting after the DELL screen with F and F options the window with Please select the operating system to start Microsoft Windows Recovery Console do not select this debugger enabled Microsoft Windows XP Professional After selecting Microsoft Windows XP Professional the default if I don't touch the keyboard I get the black screen with start in of on Blue startup. screen death safe mode safe mode w networking safe mode w command prompt etc Whatever I try it says UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME In plain Safe Mode it gives the Technical Info STOP x ED x F EE xc c x x In Safe Mode with Networking STOP x ED x F E xc c x x In Safe Mode with Command Prompt STOP x ED x F EE xc c x x In Last Known Blue screen of death on startup. Good Configuration STOP x ED x F xc c x x Start Windows Normally STOP x ED x F xc c x x If I try the Recovery I still get the UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME and STOP x ED x E xc Blue screen of death on startup. F x x I assume it's some kind of infection I only use this for personal stuff and am going out of town for work for weeks and would like to use it for email and surfing instead of using the work laptop besides work doesn't really lke us using their laptops for 'general entertainment' for fear of corruption of work-related data Does anyone have any ideas I only listed all the codes because I recently realized some are different Blue screen of death on startup. I hope it's not too much information Im sending this message from my PS my only internet connection which kinda sucks because Sony quit supporting Adobe Flash or whatever most websites use to display most content but at least I have an old USB keyboard to enter text Thanks in advance I know you all must be pretty busy and I am thankful there are people out there willing to help Derail ps I haven't installed anything new or tried to mod this laptop it's just a general use laptop by a general use person

A:Blue screen of death on startup.

BSOD Index http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x000000ED
Usual causes:  Hard drive problem, File system problem, Improper boot parameters
Please try this link and see the resolution steps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491264/blue-screen-of-death-on-startup/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello everyone my question has probably been answered before but out of all the blue screens of death questions I saw none of them specifically help my problem This Screen at of startup death Blue is all on windows XP btw I recently got a Blue Screen of death at startup virus by downloading what I thought was a no-cd crack for a game I just bought turns out it wasnt a no-cd crack I could not figure out how to remove it myself so I called geeksquad to come and fix it It was that virus that gives you the minute countdown and shuts itself off Well turns out the guys from geeksquad tend to mess things up and make things worse than they originally were They removed the virus and replaced it with an even more annoying problem Now whenever I start up my computer I get a blue screen of death with a STOP error message You all know the scripted message but the technical information reads STOP x E XC xB B D XAE ECA X Beginning dump of physical memory Physical Memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Now I have been having this problem ever since geeksquad came out and quot fixed quot my computer From what I understand this is a problem with the RAM and I know it is not a hardware issue because all my RAM is brand new Any assistance would be greatly appreciated fixing this problem Thank you very much nbsp

A:Blue Screen of death at startup

Welcome to TSG....

Since these errors have multiple fixes for what you are doing I usually do a Google search and post the link to the solutions it finds, Hopefully this helps

http://www.google.com/search?q=0x00...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-at-startup.514760/
Relevancy 96.75%

Please help A PC was built for me for gaming purposes and Screen on Death Blue Startup of I ve had nothing but problems with it After a Windows Update don t know which one as I just kept getting prompted to update and I did it keeps giving me the blue Blue Screen of Death on Startup screen of death after a few minutes I tried to do a System Restore Since the computer is fairly new there was only one restore point I restored to it and now the problem got worse to where I get the blue screen on startup I ve tried to log in using Safe Mode but it freezes each time except if I choose to log in with Safe Mode - Command Prompt which is even harder for me to understand I truly hope there s a fix to this Help EDIT After I let it sit for a while it actually didn t give me the blue screen of death for over an hour I didn t touch anything for an hour Then I tried to play a game and the blue screen of death reappeared It restarted and now it s back to appearing on start-up It s not the game as again this only started happening with the Windows Updates nbsp

Relevancy 96.75%

Hi I'm Screen of on Death Blue Startup not sure I'm posting in the right forum because I'm not sure if my problem is being caused by a virus spyware so if this is the wrong forum please let me know My computer crashes to the dreaded Blue Screen of Death BSOD immediately Blue Screen of Death on Startup after starting up It usually says it is beginning a physical memory dump but never actually dumps the memory Sometimes it goes immediately to the BSOD upon starting up other times it gets through the Windows login screen boots to the desktop and then crashes to BSOD before it finished loading the applications in the system tray It won't boot up in Normal mode - hasn't in - days despite repeated attempts But it will boot up fine in Safe Mode every time Ran anti-virus scan in Safe Mode It found nothing Ran anti-spyware scan in Safe Mode It found nothing except tracking cookies which I quarantined I have tried using System Restore to go back to several different restore points System Restore seems to work fine until it gets to the point where it has to shut down and restart the system It shuts down but then goes to the BSOD upon restarting At that point I have to shut it down manually Then I start it up again and get a message from System Restore that my computer has been successfully restored to the System Checkpoint I had chosen So to test whether the Restore solved the problem I try to shut down and restart But upon shutting down I get a message that I need to end a program called quot Sample quot It says End Program Sample This program is not responding I click End Now it ends the program shuts down restarts and immediately goes to BSOD I have also tried to boot up to the Last Known Good Configuration That didn't work either I also tried going into MSCONFIG and unchecking all the items in the Startup tab thinking that possibly some program that is being loaded to the system tray upon startup might be causing the problem But I still got the BSOD upon restarting I've copied down all of the error codes on the BSOD's Here are a few examples Quote Technical information STOP x E xc xEE E E xF A B x VETEFILE SYS Address EE E E base at EE BE DateStamp a efc Beginning dump of physical memory but the physical dump never begins Quote STOP x xAA FBD x xEE D AC x VETEFILE SYS Address EE D AC base at EE BE DateStamp a efc Quote STOP x x DB x D x x Quote IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Technical information STOP x A x A C x x x B Quote STOP x E xc xEE D xEE BC x VETEFILE SYS - Address EE D base at EE BE DateStamp a efc Quote DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x D x x FF x x Quote DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x D x x x xF DF w n sys Address F DF base at F C DateStamp ff d One time I got the following error message Quote STOP x x FE xEE E xEE B C x A A Suggested to run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption I haven't run CHKDSK yet I'll try to do that tonight I can only boot up in Safe mode but I was able to use Safe Mode with Networking to move the requested logs via email to a good computer so I can post them Any help you can offer would be much appreciated Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV CA Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS System tabbtnu exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search mywebsearch com mywebsearch default jhtml ptnrS ZRxdm YYUS amp ptb uZuT JZMmz e EisALzLSQ uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyServer uInternet Settings ProxyOverride mail stcva org lt local gt uURLSearchHooks N A a faf - e- cf- - f a d - c program files mywebsearch bar bin MWSSRCAS DLL BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BH... Read more

A:Blue Screen of Death on Startup

Uh oh! I tried to run CHKDSK /F, and now it won't even boot up into Safe Mode. It goes past the Windows login screen, and as soon as you see the desktop appear it flashes to the BSOD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/blue-screen-of-death-on-startup-373857.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Whenever I start my computer I get the choice of start in safe mode or normally etc. but, whatever I select I get a blue screen of appending doom and have to restart.
I also can't get it to boot from my Windows disk.
I am running on Windows XP service pack 2.
Please help.
Thanks, Felix.

PS. the blue screen basically says:
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
blah blah blah...
Technical information:
***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x81F48E30, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

A:Blue Screen of Death at Startup!

Hello ,

what this is telling you is that your harddrive is corrupt !!

or that it has been infected by a virus that has rendered it unbootable !!

or that it has died !!

now when you try to start your system can you here the harddrive spin up as if it wants to load ?

can you see the indicator light working when you start your system ?

are you able to get into the bios ? if you can dose your system reconize your harddrive in the bios ? you may need to retell the bios that the drive is connected and working ..

you can get a downloadable set of programs that can be burned to cd to use on your system to check your harddrive here (http://www.majorgeeks.com) (UBCD) is the name of the set of programs or if you know the brand name of your drive as in ( maxtor / seagate / hitachi ) you can go to its home site and download the tools for it and check it also ..

Mike R.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-at-startup-274422.html
Relevancy 96.75%

hello Im sorry if i don t explain this very well but startup at of screen blue death i will explain as blue screen of death at startup much as i can and as clear as i can I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop Windows XP blue screen of death at startup and when i start up it gets half way though the loading screen and come up with the quot blue screen of death quot and i have taken a picture of the message i get and uploaded it to the following link i have already done a memtest from the ubuntu live cd and that come up with no errors as shown and i also booted up my laptop well pressing the quot fn quot key and went into another system test and it passed as shown i also changed the memory ram from other working dell inspiron laptop and no luck also changed the hard drive and no luck i also put the memory ram and hard drive into my other laptop and it all booted up fine so im really lost of things to do now im pretty close to just chucking it into the bin if im honest any ideas though Thanks for all your help Ashley oh and just to add i also tryed installing ubuntu linux on it and it installed and ran fine s nbsp

A:blue screen of death at startup

Why not post the screen shots directly on here instead of the SPAM filled ADrive? Just because you are getting a blue screen does not mean it is a memory error. What did you do or install onto the hard drive prior to the blue screen occuring? Can you boot into safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-at-startup.968284/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello all I've been having some very strange behaviour on my home theatre pc the last days and was hoping you could help me out A break down Hard ware Home Theatre PC No brand - built up myself Core Due Ghz running on S Series GA DS motherboard x GB hard drives one is Western Digital the other I forgot Nvidia GeForce graphics - can't quite remember which one but I Startup Blue (sometimes) of Death at Screen believe it runs at mhz Hooked up to a inch LCD from Samsung Windows XP Home Edition The computer served as my Blue Screen of Death at Startup (sometimes) media centre to watch downloaded content on as well as playing games It was initially hooked to the internet but was taken off a few months ago days ago I hooked it back up I am running AVG so the first thing I did when I got the connection was update AVG I had to run the AVG update several times and the rd time I was running it I suddenly got a pop saying AVG found a virus About a second later the blue screen of death appeared Another second later the computer restarted and has never been the same since Sometimes when I restart it will go to the blue windows welcome screen and then have a blue screen of death again for half a second and then restart As it restarts it will sometimes go through the usual setup but takes much longer especially when you see the desktop graphic It will stay on that for about half a minute before my icons start to appear When I boot up this way my internet connection no longer works it shows no connections under 'My Network Connections' folder When I want to start internet explorer it will open it for a split second and then shut IE down again I cannot open Windows Media player but VLC player does work My task bar at the bottom has a strange font AVG still shows and I have done a complete scan which showed up several viruses and trojans which I deleted but it has not solved the problem Does anybody recognize this as a specific virus or could I have several working together If so any ideas on how I can solve this Thanks - appreciate any help you can give me Tom

A:Blue Screen of Death at Startup (sometimes)

Update: Have un-installed AVG 7.5 and no changes. Am now downloading 8.0. and after installing that, will see if it can pick up anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-at-startup-sometimes-286872.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Last weekend I had a problem where every time I started my computer I received a blue screen of death informing me that my computer had improper Boot Volume upon Blue of death screen startup or some nonsense like that Using instructions Blue screen of death upon startup I found via Google some from this site I restored my boot volume using the windows cd Tonight yet again my computer has to decided to mess up with a blue screen after startup this time I get further into the start process but not to windows than I did last weekend but I don t have time to read what the blue screen says before it makes my computer restart last weekend it would just hang on the blue screen til I turned it off but this time I get a brief flash of blue and then it s restarted It also doesn t look like there s as much text on the blue screen as before but it may be the brief period I get to see Blue screen of death upon startup it or lack thereof I do feel as though the two instances are related as they seemed to start the same way I went to restart my computer using the restart command it would not restart one of my open windows froze and would not turn off in task manager so I turned it off manually Blue screen of death upon startup yes I know that s not good at all but I ve turned it off before without it completely crapping out on me it seems to only have this effect when it won t shut off when I want it to Despite the differences in the behavior of the startup error and the blue screens do you think it is the same problem Should I try the boot volume restore thing again or could it be something else I also have to note that I can t start in safe mode either I am NOT in any way computer literate I am completely technologically challenged so I hope you have some help and I m sorry for taking up your time thanks oh yeah and I have Windows XP nbsp

A:Blue screen of death upon startup

Since we cant establish the exact Windows Stop Error message, nor can we enter Windows Safe mode we need some guess work... sounds strange.

Anyway, i ask first, can you boot to a command prompt? (The same way you boot to Safe Mode, i.e F8 Key is the same way you boot to command prompt, except you select Safe Mode with Command Prompt).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-upon-startup.558362/
Relevancy 96.75%

I have a problem occuring recently startup Screen upon of Death Blue with my computer I start it up and upon getting to the desktop it will just restart sometimes displaying Blue Screen of Death upon startup a BSOD for what seems to be a split second or doesn't show it at all All my hardware is new and shouldn't have any issues although I can be wrong I really hope it doesn't come down to such circumstances but I need some help desperately I can get into safemode but have no idea where to go from there and the weirdest thing is it will work at my friends houses differant towns locations etc without a single problem but as soon as I get home I have the same issues call it weird whatever Pretty much i'm dumbfounded and really have no idea whats going on looking for help as soon as possible please help me For the most part I can answer questions efficiently cause I have some experience with computers in general just not this in depth So please help me

A:Blue Screen of Death upon startup

First thing is to read the BSOD message. To do that, stop the auto-restarts.

Turn off auto restart - right click my computer, properties, left click advanced, and in the startup and recovery section left click the settings button and uncheck the box 'automatically restart'... next time it will blue screen properly, then you make a note of the exact message and post it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-upon-startup-384750.html
Relevancy 96.75%

hey every time i start up my pc i get the blue screen of death im running windows professional i have tried to boot to safe mode last working configuration to no blue screen death of on startup effect the whole f menu helps none i have tried using bios to change the boot option to my cd rom to install OS over Os but it doesnt work boot disc helps none cant boot to dos because there is no true dos to this OS ive tried everything under the sun but nothing works can anyone help error message i am recieving STOP x x x x SESSION INITIALIZATION FAILED if this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this blue screen of death on startup screen appears again follow these steps check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed if this is a new installation ask your hardware or blue screen of death on startup software manufacturer for any windos updates you need if problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable bios memory option such as cacheing or shadowing if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer and press f to select advanced startup refer to getting started manual for more troubleshooting information on stop errors this problem had happened immediatly after downloading and installing windows updates nbsp

Relevancy 96.32%

Before explaining how i got here i will explain what exactly is happening When I boot up my computer i see the up boot leads screen to startup screen, Can't black access logo then text saying Preparing Automatic Repair with a loading icon Then i would get a black screen that would sometimes show a cursor that i can use with the black screen but most times just the black screen Eventually this black screen ca give way to Diagnosing your PC loading screen that loops endlessly Okay this started after I downloaded the anniversary edition for Windows the first time i booted up the computer i had faced the AVG Watchdog initialization bug which prevented from accessing the laptop for the few weeks as tried looking for solutions forcing me to eventually uninstall Can't access startup screen, boot up leads to black screen AVG through Safe mode the only way i managed to was through turning it off and on times as every other way including holding F had not worked After booting up the first time without issue after removing AVG and getting some things done I turned it off without issue then i faced this new problem which is still plaguing me I've looked up in forums for a solution but the closest i found was just reinstalling windows and losing everything does anyone have a solution where i can still keep my data

A:Can't access startup screen, boot up leads to black screen

Hi Helix935 and welcome to Tenforums.

If it was less than 10 days since this happened, you might have been able to go into Settings>Recovery and rollback from the Anniversary Update. But it's been too long now.

If it's data only that you're needing to save, you could boot the system to Kyhi's rescue media and use File Explorer to copy your data over to an external drive, then perform a clean install, (or reset or refresh from within safe mode).
Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
You will need to reinstall your personal applications after the OS is working again though.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66730-cant-access-startup-screen-boot-up-leads-black-screen.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Has anyone seen anything like attached photos? Done multiple google searches and nothing useful has turned up.

The computer is a XP x86 system with onboard graphics, motherboard has already been replaced. Don't know where to turn next.

Any help much appreciated.

Relevancy 96.32%

Hello,

Starting up XP Pro, either in normal or safe mode, I wind up getting a black screen instead of the desktop. I can only see (and move) the mouse pointer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-bsod-black-screen-of-death-at-startup.309558/
Relevancy 96.32%

Using a Dell Inspiron 15 N5050 Laptop (Product Support | Dell US )

I've been running Windows 10 without an issue for around 6 months now. After a recent update (Thursday), now when I boot up my computer from shutdown/restart I get a black screen. I can hear the sounds. To remedy this, I close the lid and wait for the fans to go off (Sleep). When I open it again, the screen is displayed without a problem.

I had a look at possible remedies and came across this following microsoft QA:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=1&auth=1

I therefore turned off fast startup and still didn't rectify the problem. I checked for updates and confirm that BIOS and all drivers are up-to-date.

It's clearly something to do with display drivers. In device manager, my display driver is: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (ver: 9.17.10.4229).

Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to try next?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53878-black-screen-death-startup-but-not-sleep-laptop.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello I've been having some troubles with my computer at Blue startup? Death Screen of [SOLVED] as of yesterday At startup the computer goes to the BSOD and after it keeps restarting itself and showing the BSOD again in a loop I've tried starting it in Safe Mode starting Windows normally and the last known good configuration I've tried startup repair I'm not able to get on it at all I'm on my desktop right now The BSOD says Page Fault In Nonpaged Area Stop x x a x x x Dell Inspiron OS - Windows Vista sp X bit Vista was originally installed on the system Yes pre-installed The laptop's almost three years old never any new hardware Never have reinstalled the OS Processor T MB Core Merom M Dell battery Type WW Rating V capacity [SOLVED] Blue Screen of Death at startup? Wh I'm very sorry but I'm not sure where to find the motherboard or video card specs But I know that we've never installed a new video card - it's just the one that came with the computer If you're able to tell me where I could get that info I'd be happy to get it to you I'm not very experienced with computers as you might be able to tell But if you are able to help I'd VERY greatly appreciate it Thank you so much Diana

A:[SOLVED] Blue Screen of Death at startup?

Hello, welcome to TSF!

Could you please follow these directions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-blue-screen-of-death-at-startup-537678.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi,

Yesterday I was watching a TV show streaming through a site that I have never had problems with. However as I was watching my internet froze and my computer shutdown I believe due to a virus from this site. Ever since then I cannot log into my computer (unless I do so through safe mode). The blue screen comes up and the technical problem at the bottom says:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x86D0C867, 0x803997CC, 0x803994C8)

I've tried to reset my computer back a couple days and this hasn't worked. I've also tried CCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware, and Malwarebytes Antimalware to find a problem. I've deleted a bunch of stuff but nothing seems to make the blue screen go away. I've also researched the 0x0000007E version of the blue screen but can't find the solution to my specific problem!! Please any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Kat

A:Blue Screen of Death with Vista at Startup

Did not know I had to include a log file. Here it is...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-with-vista-at-startup.940961/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi all Over the past few months i have been having problems with my computer connecting to my router and often the only way to fix the problem has been to restart the router Unfortunately most often the computer would close down but be stuck at the 'shutting down' Blue startup! [SOLVED] Screen Death of at screen for hours upon hours soi would just have to [SOLVED] Blue Screen of Death at startup! manually switch it off by holding the power button - i have been doing this approx times per day for the past months I know this could seriously corrupt the harddrive but what else could i do Not sure whether this has contributed to the problem i outline below but i have included just incase Anyway today i was just about to log off when my younger brother thought it would be funny to swithc off the computer from the mains I tried putting it on again but i got the 'Could not load Windows screen' I started Startup Repair but it just went to a BSOD STOP x F x x EFAD x F B CD x win k sys - Address F B CD base at F Datestamp aea Put computer off and tried Startup Repair but again would either get BSOD again or it would just keep on running and curiously the mouse would stop responding and when i hit a keyboard button everything freezes Also tried putting in safe mode but no luck as i would get a different BSOD STOP X X X X X Can anyone help Please P S I tried to system restore but it says i have no restore points made up when i am sure i have

A:[SOLVED] Blue Screen of Death at startup!

Hello abbas5001!

Try running chkdsk from a command prompt. Boot up the Windows installation DVD or repair disc, and select "repair my computer". Enter the following:
Code:
diskpart
list vol
Make note of the letter of the main volume, your OS one. It is most likely C, but if not, replace the letter below:
Code:
exit // that just exits diskpart
chkdsk c: /r
You can also try a startup repair, from the Windows DVD or repair disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-blue-screen-of-death-at-startup-537336.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi I when Black screen not system blue moderate of death under load am going through some problems with my Black not blue screen of death when system under moderate load system dying on me and was hoping to get a second opinion by having someone look over my system information I built my system about months ago my spec are AMD Phenom II T gh MSI FXA-GD Motherboard Corsair Vengeance memory G HIS IceQ Radeon HD Rosewill plus Bronze series W Bigfoot Network gaming card SATA II TB harddrive I have been getting random hard crash of my system where the screen goes out and the system is hard crashed ctrl alt del alt f pushing the restart power button nothing works only by turning the power supply shut off I can restart the system It only crashes when my computer need some more power such as playing games Skyrim or some thing that requires more graphic intensive work I have ran PC burning test on the system and it passed without any issues I have been monitoring temperatures consistently and average temperature for the all the CPU cores combined is C or so the GPU averages at C at idle highest I have seen it go while running OCCT GPU test was C So far I have narrowed it down in my opinion not an expert to either my GPU or my power supply The computer shop I took it to for second opinion couldn't find anything wrong with the system except for the fact it crashes PSU voltage was fine apprently but it still failed one of their PSU test and when I run OCCT PSU test it causes hard crash similar to the crash but not as severe since the power button and restart button works GPU passed every test so far I decided it must be a power supply issue and sent for a RMA but I would like a second opinion I have attached the current data I am getting from the OCCT if someone can check over it give me advice it would really be appreciated

A:Black not blue screen of death when system under moderate load

Quote: Originally Posted by J12y89

Hi, I am going through some problems with my system dying on me, and was hoping to get a second opinion by having someone look over my system information.

I built my system about 6 months ago my spec are

AMD Phenom II 1100T 3.3gh

MSI 890FXA-GD65 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance memory 8G

HIS IceQ Radeon HD 6850

Rosewill 80 plus Bronze series 1000W

Bigfoot 2100 Network gaming card

SATA II 1TB harddrive

I have been getting random hard crash of my system where the screen goes out and the system is hard crashed(ctrl+alt+del, alt+f4, pushing the restart/power button, nothing works) only by turning the power supply shut off I can restart the system. It only crashes when my computer need some more power, such as playing games (Skyrim), or some thing that requires more graphic intensive work.

I have ran PC burning test on the system and it passed without any issues. I have been monitoring temperatures consistently and average temperature for the all the CPU cores combined is 25 C or so. the GPU averages at 33 C at idle highest I have seen it go while running OCCT GPU test was 65C.

So far I have narrowed it down(in my opinion, not an expert) to either my GPU or my power supply. The computer shop I took it to for second opinion couldn't find anything wrong with the system except for the fact it crashes. PSU voltage was fine apprently but it still failed one of their PSU test and when I run OCCT PSU test it causes hard crash, similar to the crash but not as severe since the power button and restart button works. GPU passed every test so far.

I decided it must be a power supply issue and sent for a RMA but I would like a second opinion. I have attached the current data I am getting from the OCCT, if someone can check over it give me advice it would really be appreciated.

No DMP files included in upload please try this method
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
quote]
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

[/quote]
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198679-black-not-blue-screen-death-when-system-under-moderate-load.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have been having problems with my computer lately as stated in the title I suspect there are things running in the background that I am not using I downloaded HJT and ran it Solved: screen very of blue slow startup, death here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Solved: very slow startup, blue screen of death WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe c apache APACHE EXE C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe c apache APACHE EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http runescape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www runescape com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SetDefPrt C Program Files Brother Brmfl a BrStDvPt exe O - HKLM Run ControlCenter C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe autorun O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C... Read more

Relevancy 94.6%

My internet has been running extremely slow and I have popups / Blue desktop upon death startup of screen icons no which has never happened before I have to go to the task manager to restart explorer exe in order to get my icons back My log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Blue screen of death / no desktop icons upon startup Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live WinSSUI exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www weather com weather local lswe amp lwsa WeatherLocalUndeclared amp from searchbox localwxR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKLM Run DELL- C A E EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIADA EXE P quot DELL- C A E EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run MP EnsureFileVer C WINDOWS inf unregmp exe EnsureFileVersionsO - HKLM Run C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Application Data exeO - HKLM Run C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Application Data exeO - HKLM Run C Documents and Settings End user Application Data exeO - HKLM Run C Documents and Settings End user Application Data exeO - HKLM Run C Documents and Settings End user Application Data exeO - HKLM Run C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Application Data exeO - HKLM Run C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data exeO - HKLM Run yabowoseh Rundll exe quot c windows system mebapiro dll quot aO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup MA DMN LNK C Documents and Settings End user Local Settings Temp ma dmn exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F... Read more

A:Blue screen of death / no desktop icons upon startup

Hello,We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263613/blue-screen-of-death-no-desktop-icons-upon-startup/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi all,

I have a laptop that is dual booting Windows XP Home and Vista. When I boot to XP it gets as far as starting to show the desktop but then produces a blue screen of death with the error:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I can boot to Vista and use the machine with no problems. I can also boot to XP Safe Mode with no problems. I have not added any new hardware recently.

I have ran chkdsk on the drive that XP boots from, I have also gone into XP safe mode and selected a diagnostic startup so that only basic services are loaded, but I still get the blue screen error.
Laptop specs:
Centrino Duo 1.8GHZ
2GB DDR2 RAM
512MB nVidia Geforce Go 7900 GS
2 x 120GB HD

Any help is much appreciated on this!

A:Windows XP startup blue screen of death - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

try removing or changing memory to see what happens...sounds familiar on Win XP...

good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-startup-blue-screen-of-death-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area.820540/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello there all My name is Adam and I am currently running a Dell Dimension E Windows XP Screen Death NTFS.sys error? Startup Blue Upon of - MCE GB HD Dual Core Ghz and Gig RAM For some reason this morning I woke up and turned on my computer It started up normally and went to the login screen where it froze before the quot Press Ctrl Alt Delete quot box appeared I set this up to do this instead of the welcome screen Anyway I was forced to do a hard restart This time the computer didn't even get to the login screen before it gave me the blue screen of death with the following error code Code Stop x x x A xC x I did some research and found that it said x is a NTFS Blue Screen of Death Upon Startup - NTFS.sys error? sys Blue Screen of Death Upon Startup - NTFS.sys error? problem I followed the steps and inserted my XP cd but wasn't even presented with the option for recovery console It just said quot Setup is loading files quot then it said quot Starting Windows quot and then continued through the process of starting up until I reached the Error message I can't even start up in safe mode I've tried everything I could find on the internet and am desperate and don't know what to do ANY help would be a life saver Thank You

A:Blue Screen of Death Upon Startup - NTFS.sys error?

Hello avsfilms

When booting from the XP installation CD first you must go into the BIOS and set the boot order to
floppy
CDROM
Hard disk
SAVE and EXIT

Then reboot and the CD should boot up properly.
Watch for "Press any key to boot from CD"

A couple of pages into setup select the first "R" you come to. This is ths Recovery Console.

At the command prompt type
chkdsk /r (there is a space before /)
Enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-upon-startup-ntfs-sys-error-228629.html
Relevancy 94.6%

The whole story with this laptop I once had a problem with the black screen of death when i was able to login there was this empty black screen and no desktop I was able to get through the black screen of death and the desktop was working Problem was some of my drivers or registries were messed up Bascially my laptop was never the same after the black screen of death so i reinstall startup can't blue problem use death repair screen of a and new some of my drivers like access to internet sound and dvd-rw to get it running some program still don t work today like window defender After a random window update that restarted my dell laptop This new problem started problem blue screen of death i did a post two months ago on this can't use startup repair and a new blue screen of death problem forum http forums techguy org windows-vista -blue-screen-problem html i still hadn t even fix it so it crash and reset often if i leave it alone or i do too many stuff two months later -so i deleted malwarebyte and was using driver verifer to figure out the problem from this site http answers microsoft com en-us indows- d d c- b - a - -e b a a fa -while i was using driver verifer a new bsod came out c couldn t use window vista normal mode for a while like it restart over and over when it loading window vista So i keep pressing random f buttons everytime it reset until I was able to use safe mode to system restore it the result is i have no minidump files on c Now i am a little worried if the next blue screen of death come out I will have no idea how to get this dell laptop going as normal as possible problem i can t use startup repair anymore usually there this silver wallpaper with option when i was able to use it now it just a login screen i have no idea what username or password to use nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-use-startup-repair-and-a-new-blue-screen-of-death-problem.1013831/
Relevancy 94.6%

I run a dual-boot system of windows and ubuntu and i mainly use windows! Two days ago, i tried to remove Grub but i didn't have a recovery cd to run "fixmbr"! i came across "ms-sys" a linux program that had the same functions, and had been recommended in various forums. After running, i get nothing but a black screen on boot! i reinstalled grub, ubuntu works fine, but when i select windows i get the black screen again. I've tried most of the recovery programs, testdisk, super grub disk, MBRfix, etc. but they don't help. I found a way to get recovery console through usb but neither fixmbr nor fixboot helped.
i found a windows installation cd, and tried to format the windows partition part when it first reboot it stays stuck on "Press any key to boot from cd..." and even when i press nothing happens. What should i do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-boot-because-of-black-screen-of-death-438577.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi Last night I left my computer Screen Boot Black at of Up Death running and when I woke up this morning the black screen of death was staring back at me All I see is a black screen with a blinking white dash When I rebooted I got a black screen with the blinking dash in the top left corner then it went to the normal Dell icon that says press F for menu I press F nothing happens Then it goes beack to the screen of death and does nothing Nothing happens no matter what buttons or combonations of buttons I push I simply cant get a menu to boot into safe mode or anything When I put Black Screen of Death at Boot Up in the microsoft XP instalation CD nothing changed and I cant get to a menu to tell it to boot off the CD I desperatly need the computer for homework and any help would be apriciated My computer s specs are Dell Inspiron Laptop Pentium processer Windows XP Thanks Bushviper nbsp

Relevancy 94.6%

Alright so i moved my comp over to my friends to play some mmo but when i hooked my comp up the monitor never showed anything just a black screen. I read around a lot and everyone got like the widows splash sign and stuff but i didn't get anything at all just solid blackness so i tried using my friends monitor but no diffrence i tryed using my onboard graphics card still no solution im puzzled i dont even know how i would fix sumthing like this when i can't even see anything at all on my screen ill try a few more things and keep u updated if i get any changes

A:Black screen of Death on boot

I have windows XP as well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death-on-boot.725032/
Relevancy 94.17%

I did a Windows Update My alternating death, update, After then black screens screen of blue windows computer was fine for a few minutes then the blue screen After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens appeared My son quickly turned off power to my computer He said the blue screen indicated that I was losing physical memory When I started up my computer several minutes later it got me to the user accounts screen I decided to watch and wait and again the blue screen popped up Again my son turned off power to computer After several minutes another attempt was made to start up the computer All that came up were black screens First the BIOS screen with the energy star appears then goes black then a black troubleshooting screen saying quot We are sorry for your inconvenience quot with a count down clock of seconds This cycle of BIOS screen and troubleshooting screen repeats until I again turn off the computer manually This has happened before It was solved by me getting so frustrated that I stored the computer until I could decide what to do I just recently pulled it out of storage and lo and behold it was up and running again until today Any suggestions Also the video card keeps popping out whenever I move the After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens tower Should I replace the computer case or junk the tower and start all over again nbsp

A:After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens

Thank you for viewing my thread. Unfortunately, no one has replied since posting the threat, so I have gone elsewhere.

zerosmommy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-update-blue-screen-of-death-then-alternating-black-screens.687312/
Relevancy 93.74%

OK, ill try and make this short and sweet. A week ago my computer's power supply went out. I got a new power supply and now having issues. When I startup my computer regularly, it gets to my desktop and within 30 seconds or so of completely booting up (random, sometimes not even that far) I get the blue screen error and it reboots. This cycle will go on forever.

I am however, able to F8 and go into system restore, etc and the computer will stay powered on there forever. In fact, I am writing this post while in Safe Mode with networking. 

I have run hijack this and attached is my results. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

A:Blue Screen Death on startup, but fine in Safe Mode

Greetings and to BleepingComputer,
My name is xXToffeeXx, but feel free to call me Toffee if it is easier for you. I will be helping you with your malware problems.

A few points to cover before we start:
Do not run any tools without being instructed to as this makes my job much harder in trying to figure out what you have done.
Make sure to read my instructions fully before attempting a step.
If you have problems or questions with any of the steps, feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Please follow the topic by clicking on the "Follow this topic" button, and make sure a tick is in the "receive notifications" and is set to "Instantly". Any replies should be made in this topic by clicking the "Reply to this topic" button.
Important information in my posts will often be in bold, make sure to take note of these.
I will attempt to reply as soon as possible, and normally within 24 hours of your reply. If this is not possible or I have a delay then I will let you know.
I will bump a topic after 3 days of no activity, and then will give you another 2 days to reply before a topic is closed. If you need more time than this please let me know.
Lets get going now
==========================

Hi 00bolt,

Run this program from safe mode:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
 Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
Press the Scan button.
When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

--------------

To recap, in your next reply I would like to see the following. Make sure to copy & paste them unless I ask otherwise:
FRST.txt
Addition.txt
xXToffeeXx~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551136/blue-screen-death-on-startup-but-fine-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 93.74%

Greetings Im new here and did search the site for initalizecommand c0000033I recently got a malware virus which would only show a fake ad on startup for a subscrition to some removal site btw norton 360 did not detect it.I appologise i cant post a malwarebytes log as it didnt save it for some reason but the instructions im sure were from this site run malwarebytes then combo fix. and first install windows recovery console which i did.I regained control of my desktop but now at start up win xp splash goes through then a blue win xp screen with following appears initalizecommand c0000033 then it appears to load as normal i followed some instructions to remove the console from the root directory but it has not fixed the problem any suggestions or help appreciated Windows HE V2002 SP3Regards Bucka

A:initalize command c0000033 why does the blue screen of death come up with this at startup

Thanks for posting your question. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event viewer. In the left hand column select "System". Locate any error messages. Double click on the error message(s) to display the contents. Copy and paste the error message(s) in your post. Thanks, Joel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296559/initalize-command-c0000033-why-does-the-blue-screen-of-death-come-up-with-this-at-startup/
Relevancy 93.74%

Problem So my dear computer is acting up again And this time it s a hardware problem Whenever I turn it on it would beep indicating that the system has started up correctly would show me the bios start-up window and then out of the blue while checking the CD-ROM for Boot CD this message appears INTEL UNDI PXE- build For Realtek RTL B C Gigabit Ethernet Controller v PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-MOF Exiting PXE ROM Randomly I manage to get blue at never startup, ending loading... Freeze of death, screen oh my! past this and attempt to load on the Windows XP Freeze at startup, blue screen of death, never ending loading... oh my! after doing so I get a black screen or running it a few minutes I get a blue screen of death Safe mode doesn t work either since the System Restore is turned off and I Freeze at startup, blue screen of death, never ending loading... oh my! haven t installed anything or modified the OC in any way for a long time Technical parameters of the PC OC Windows XP SP bit Processor Intel Core Duo E GHz MHz MB Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P -ES G P MHz DDR RAM Kingston DDRII GB PC MHz CL x HDD SG ST AS GB SII MB Video Card PoV GeForce GT GB DDR bit HDTV HDMI Power supply Forton ATX- PNR W ATX Is there a way to fix this without going to my vendor for a repair All advice are welcome thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-at-startup-blue-screen-of-death-never-ending-loading-oh-my.885188/
Relevancy 93.74%

I turned on my Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop computer and it was running perfectly normal then it came to the login screen, I logged in to my account. After everything loaded and it showed my desktop and programs the computer blue screened, then shut off. It restarted all the way to the login screen, so I logged in and the same thing happened. Does anyone know what might be wrong with my desktop, is it a virus maybe?

A:Dell Inspiron 530 blue screen of death right after startup (desktop)

Possible virus damage to the hard drive files or just a failing hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-530-blue-screen-of-death-right-after-startup-desktop.184186/
Relevancy 93.74%

OK, ill try and make this short and sweet. A week ago my computer's power supply went out. I got a new power supply and now having issues. When I startup my computer regularly, it gets to my desktop and within 30 seconds or so of completely booting up (random, sometimes not even that far) I get the blue screen error and it reboots. This cycle will go on forever.

I am however, able to F8 and go into system restore, etc and the computer will stay powered on there forever. In fact, I am writing this post while in Safe Mode with networking.  But I am unable to actually run system restore. It will end up giving me an error no matter which system restore point I try and run.

anyone have any ideas? Really need to get this back up and running ASAP as I use it for work 

A:Blue Screen Death on startup, but fine in Safe Mode

Do a Clean Boot and see if this is related to a Service or Startup item.

***This is a diagnotic tool for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.  This will not repair your computer, but it may point to where the problem lies so that a repair can be made.***

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Step 1

(1)  Click on the Start orb, then type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files box.  

(2)  When msconfig is seen in the pane above the search box and under Programs, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation. 

Step 2

(1)  Click on the General tab.   

(2)  Click the Selective startup option. 

(3)  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box. 

Step 3

(1)  Click on the Services tab. 

(2)  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running. 

(3)  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list, then click on Apply, then OK.  Click on Restart in the window that opens.

Caution:  I repeat, by disabling the Services your antivirus will not be active, for this reason I suggest that this process not be run while online.

If the problem does not reoccur after the reboot this means that there is a Service which is causing this proble, continue with the process of elemination to find the Service which is causing this in Option A.  If the problem does reoccur after the reboot go to Option B.

Option A

**The following is a process of elimination to find the Service or Startup item that is causing your problem**.  

*  If the problem does not reoccur after the restart go back to Services and place check marks in half of the boxes and restart the computer.  

*  If the problem still does not continue return to Services and remove the check marks that were added, then place check marks in the remaining half of the boxes and restart the computer.

If the problem resumes after a restart in one of these halves, you will procede with this process in the half where the problem occurs.  If this does not continue in either half you should repeat this process in Sartup. 

*  In the half of the Services that the problem is found, remove one check mark at a time and restart the computer to see if that  is the Service causing the problem.  Continue to do this with the Services untill the service causing this problem is  found.

Option B

Search Startup itmesIf the problem is not found in Services, remove all of the check marks, click on the Startup tab and repeat the search process there.

Caution:  If this is a laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.

If this problem is found post the Service or Startup item that is causing it. 

When you are finished using the Clean Boot go back to System Configuration and click on the General, then click on Normal Startup, click on OK, then restart your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551137/blue-screen-death-on-startup-but-fine-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 93.74%

A few months ago my hp elite book 8540p started crashing at startup the blue screen of death reads as follows: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
In the technical information part it reads:
***stop: 0x000000d1 (c05086417b, 0x00000005, 0x00000000, 0x8630fce0)
It's been awhile and I honestly don't know what I did.. I know I was installing slot of free synthesizer vst off of the Internet.. So I'm it's something to do with that.
Thanks!!
Rich

A:Blue screen of death at startup of windows 7 home premium 32 bit

Security Check
§  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
§  Double-click on SecurityCheck.exe
§  Follow the on-screen instructions.
§  A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.
§  Please post the content of that document.

Farbar Service Scanner               
§  Download Farbar Service Scanner.
§  Run it on the computer.
§  Make sure the following options are checked:
o    Internet Services
o    Windows Firewall
o    System Restore
o    Security Center/Action Center
o    Windows Update
o    Windows Defender
o    Other Services
§  Press "Scan".
§  It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory where you run the tool.
§  Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

MiniToolBox
§  Download MiniToolBox
§  Run it on the computer.
§  Checkmark following boxes:
§  Report IE Proxy Settings
§  Report FF Proxy Settings
§  List content of Hosts
§  List IP configuration
§  List Winsock Entries
§  List last 10 Event Viewer log
§  List Installed Programs
§  List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
§  List Users, Partitions and Memory size
§  Click Go and post the result.

Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
§  Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.
§  Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
§  At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
§  If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
§  Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
§  When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
§  Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
§  When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
§  Post the log back here.
§  Be sure to restart the computer.
§  The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Malwarebytes’ Anti-Rootkit
§  Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.
§  Unzip downloaded file.
§  Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
§  Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
§  Click on the Cleanup button.
§  When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt

AdwCleaner
·         Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
·         Close all open programs and internet browsers.
·         Double click on adwcleaner.exe t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494296/blue-screen-of-death-at-startup-of-windows-7-home-premium-32-bit/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello On boot I started receiving the blue screen of death win xp a day or ago Tried System Restore to days back didn't work I can't even catch the blue Screen Repeatedly! System Startup - of Blue Reboots Death - screen error fault message since the system resets so fast after getting the error I ran a Hijackthis scan in safe mode see below Could anyone provide a suggestion on how to Startup - Blue Screen of Death - System Reboots Repeatedly! troubleshoot Thank you Tony --------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries Startup - Blue Screen of Death - System Reboots Repeatedly! HelpCtr exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpSvc exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpHost exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe D HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http my yahoo com quot C Documents and Settings ham Application Data Mozilla Profiles default wryy o slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings ham Application Data Mozilla Profiles default wryy o slt prefs js O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SonyPowerCfg C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe O - HKLM Run HKSERV EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe O - HKLM Run Switcher exe C Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exe O - HKLM Run VAIO Update quot C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe quot Stationary O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe O - HKLM Run VAIO Recovery C WINDOWS Sonysys VAIO Recovery PartSeal exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run pdfFactory Dispatcher v quot C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a ex... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/startup-blue-screen-of-death-system-reboots-repeatedly-153131.html
Relevancy 93.74%

after installing software needed to remote access hospital ICA aventail started to get blue screen of death i disabled aventail automatically slow Solved: screen death blue startup; intermittent of running at start up still got blue screen i restarted with last known good configuration and so far no blue screen still the restart takes too long predates blue screen so i wonder if you d look at this Hijack log and make some suggestions much Solved: slow startup; intermittent blue screen of death thanks echorascal Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exe C Program Files TrueAssistant TrueAssistant exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files VCOM PowerDesk PDExplo exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp PDTEMP HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run RCScheduleCheck C Program Files VCOM Recovery Commander RCSCHED EXE -CHECK O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run YBrowser C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe O - HKLM Run ymetray quot C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine YahooMusicEngine exe quot -preload O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run IPHSend C Program Files Common Files AOL IPHSend IPHSend exe O - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run YOP C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop... Read more

Relevancy 93.31%

Hey everyone!

I've had an issue with my computer booting properly. I went from a 1:05 boot time to over a 2:00 boot because Vista go's to a black screen instead of loading my desktop.

I'm not sure where to start fixing this, I've always been good with computers and have tried all the text book fixes and I have no where left to go. I made a video which is uploading now and will be up incase this doesn't make as much sense as I'd hope.

I'm running an
Alienware Area 52
Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00 GHz
3 gigs of ram
ATI Radeon x1600

All my drivers are up to date.

Any help / input / advise is greatly appreciated!

A:Vista 32 Bit Black Screen of Death on Boot.

YouTube - Vista 32 Bit Black Screen of Death on Boot

there's the link!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193310-vista-32-bit-black-screen-death-boot.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi my problem stemmed from an infection of set screen Windows death" threat removal "black AVG Live of force causes CD) up to startup (need the Internet Security Worm Win Netsky AVG and the Resident Shield popped up a bunch of infections and I let it mistakenly go through with a quot force threat removal quot on a couple things until it restarted my computer to the black screen of death I remember seeing something like quot helper dll quot on AVG so that may be one of the files I m now just getting a blank black screen with a mouse pointer In safe mode I get the same thing with quot Safe Mode quot at all four corners Windows will give me the option to update my product key before all of this I ve noticed hitting quot Activate Later quot immediately sends me to the black screen If I click quot Activate Now quot it opens up Google Chrome and AVG force threat removal causes "black screen of death" Windows startup (need to set up Live CD) attempts to access the Microsoft website Although the Google Chrome page stays blank and I get a message that Chrome is not responding and asked if I want to quot kill quot it or quot wait quot for it I also can get some Windows by asking for Assistance with my product key at the startup quot Activate Now Activate Later quot box I get the Windows Help and Support type windows that allow me to click through the hierarchy of links through all of its Help and Support information I ve attempted quot Last Known Good Configuration quot to no avail Someone on this site told me on the live chat that I may need to set up a Live CD I m hoping that I can run System Restore through using a CD I d go back to any point before this As I type this post now on a different comp I ve noticed my infected computer still can keep the Google Chrome browser up but when I attempt to go to a webpage it says quot This webpage is not available quot so it is not automatically closing Chrome But I have no other options Control-Alt-Del only gives me quot Lock this computer switch user log off change a password quot no quot Task Manager quot because of the original Internet Security Worm But other than Chrome loading up when I attempt to update my product key I get nothing on the screen but a mouse cursor That s all the details I can think of including other than I m running Vista Thank you in advance to whoever is willing to help

A:AVG force threat removal causes "black screen of death" Windows startup (need to set up Live CD)

Hello, I am sorry for the big delay First of all, can you please let me know if you attempted a repair installation or something like that?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291297/avg-force-threat-removal-causes-black-screen-of-death-windows-startup-need-to-set-up-live-cd/
Relevancy 92.88%

My OS is XP with SP2. My problem is that most of the time when I make a change (Install a new program, or uninstall an existing one), then at the next boot, I get a "Blue Screen of Death".

I can then boot again and the computer boots fine when I select "Boot Normal".
Occasionally I have to boot into "Safe" mode, and then reboot. Then everything boots normally until I again make a change as described above.

This does not happen every time a change is made, but happens only after such a circumstance.

I assume that it cannot be an existing driver causing the problem, or I would get the blue screen every time, and rebooting would not "fix" the problem.

I have checked the boot log, and have not found anything.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

rothrand47

Relevancy 92.88%

Hey guys I m death boot!! blue of screen during new to this website And wondered if anybody could help me as currently I am at a standstill on what to do I have an acer aspire and up to about a blue screen of death during boot!! month ago it was woking fine apart from this box that asked me if i wanted to run or cancel this exe thing it always came up but i never took it seriously I used Avg and adaware as my safety programs and often did updates and security checks I did notice one thing persistently came up but nor Avg or adaware could solve it after a while Google chrome said it had to block itself from me because of malware I came to the conclusion I had a virus so to solve everything I did a systrm restore but this wasng yhe end of it ny laptop started taking ages to boot up I thought it sounded like it port power but evenyually worked and came on fine and now blue screen of death during boot!! it blue screen of death during boot!! won t turn on at all it restarted after whT I think the blue screen of death vomed up do im lijd rodg no laptop and I need it for my study My uncle said press f and go into safe mode but it just beeps at me when I hold it down help nbsp

A:blue screen of death during boot!!

Btw its windows 7!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-during-boot.1000632/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi all,

Wondering if you can help me out again. My laptop was virus free and working fine until I dropped it today and the battery fell out when it was running. Now when I try to Start Window Normally or Last Known Good Configuration I am prompted with the attached Blue Screen and then it just keeps cycling.

Please Help. I would prefer not to lose my files if possible. Thanks for all you do.

A:Xp won't boot - Blue screen of death

Un mountable boot volume means a hardware issue with the Hard drive or boot sector error.
BSOD would mean Hardware to me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-boot-blue-screen-of-death-401612.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hey guys I m new to this website And wondered if anybody could help me as currently I am at a standstill on what to do I have an acer aspire and up to about screen boot!! of death during blue a blue screen of death during boot!! month ago it was blue screen of death during boot!! woking fine apart from this box that asked me if i wanted to run or cancel this exe thing it always came up but i never took it seriously I used Avg and adaware as my safety programs and often did updates and security checks I did notice one thing persistently came up but nor Avg or adaware could solve it after a while Google chrome said it had to block itself from me because of malware I came to the conclusion I had a virus so to solve everything I did a systrm restore but this wasng yhe end of it ny laptop started taking ages to boot up I thought it sounded like it port power but evenyually worked and came on fine and now it won t turn on at all it restarted after whT I think the blue screen of death vomed up do im lijd rodg no laptop and I need it for my study My uncle said press f and go into safe mode but it just beeps at me when I hold it down help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-during-boot.1000630/
Relevancy 92.88%

I picked up another Google redirect virus so I went into SafeMode to run a program to remove it Now I cannot run Safe Mode or boot up at all Anytime I try to boot XP I receive the Blue Screen of Death and a STOP x E message What I ve done so far I ve gone into BIOS setup and tried to disable caching or shadowing as suggested in the error message but there s no option to do so I ve also entered Recovery Console did chkdsk r Problem persists after scan XP came preloaded and I do not have any disks I do however have a USB drive and access to another PC so fortunately I can download whatever I need I also know how to boot from the USB I am on a friend s mini that does not have a CD ROM so burning any files to a CD is not an option Any assistance is greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-boot-blue-screen-of-death.881970/
Relevancy 92.88%

I've had an Alienware Aurora now for a few years without any quot major quot problems Last week it started acting funny with random re-boots Then it completely died I assumed it was the power supply HELP!! death. of boot!! PLEASE PC screen won't Blue since it PLEASE HELP!! PC won't boot!! Blue screen of death. wouldn't do anything Ordered one and replaced it computer comes back to life I noticed the temps were pretty hot though I decided that I didn't need it to be overclocked I don't use it PLEASE HELP!! PC won't boot!! Blue screen of death. for gaming much anymore so even though it came OC'd from Dell I reverted back to quot Optimal quot Default bios settings Herein lies the problem RIGHT before I changed those settings I updated the bios I was on A if I recall and updated to most recent A The update seemed to take perfectly fine Unfortunately that was the last time I could boot up I've tried EVERYTHING Can't boot into safe mode ran diagnostics and came up empty I got a blue screen of death saying quot Uncorrectable hardware quot problem x c The ONLY thing I can get into right now is the bios I've since tried to change things in the bios to no avail HELP please

Relevancy 92.88%

I don't want to restore my PC and it won't start normally or in safe mode. I've found that if I press F8 for more options then I can choose the repair option & I'll get a Windows Recovery .. that asks for user info and either I don't have it or it's not being accepted.

I have the installation disc that came with my PC. I also have the disc 'Gateway Applications & Drivers' and 'Backup' that Best Buy made me.

So, what do suggest that I do?

A:How do I boot up after a Blue Screen of Death?

hi using only the windows recovery disc do a start up repair to recover the pc,,,,http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/and for a system restorehttp://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.c...stemrestore.htmgood luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273376/how-do-i-boot-up-after-a-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 92.88%

I am running xp home. I was playing a game when finished i exited the game the blue screen of death came up with no error message just shutdown compter before damage occures. So i did tryed to reboot now it will run through memory scan till it gets to hit delete for setup. but will not let me go into setup or boot up . dont figure. help please

A:Blue screen of death then no boot

Try to get it to go into "last known good configuration" it does not always work...buts its worth a try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-then-no-boot.395264/
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm getting this error screen when starting Windows XP.

Question:

How do I disable/uninstall any of those items listed, or run CHKDSK if I keep getting this screen?

Thanks.

Relevancy 92.88%

Hello I have a similar problem to SamathaKay who posted earlier today about getting a BSOD when booting up I have a shop-built desktop circa running XP Pro When booting up the computer gets to the death Cannot of boot- blue screen Windows screen with the little bar at the bottom then the BSOD flashes only for an instant and the whole boot process starts over If I don t cut the power it ll go Cannot boot- blue screen of death on and on in this endless boot loop I took a vid with my phone trying to catch the BSOD to see what it says I will try to attach it to this post When you pause the BSOD which occurs during the th second of the vid it looks like it says quot UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME quot along with some other stuff I can t really make out the technical information at the bottom partly because the stupid video is sideways D oh Anyways any help for this It first happened a couple years ago when I put in a cd that I thought contained some pictures The problem happened and we were just about to embark on a move across several states so I didn t fool with it Two hellish years later I finally get around to unpacking this computer and the dang thing still won t boot Surprise Yeah I was hopin it would fix itself Well crap it looks like I can t upload the vid It s a Quicktime vid and almost MB so I m not really surprised Thanks for any insight -mark

A:Cannot boot- blue screen of death

Unmountable Boot Volume - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

Running chkdsk /r command on the partition/drive afflicted...is the normal cure for this (if it's cureable).

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379324/cannot-boot-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 92.88%

So I was on my PC which runs Vista, doing a couple too many things at once I suppose...and all of a sudden it freezes, I get the blue screen of death (I didn't catch what the error messages were), it shuts down, begins to restart, but it only gets to the point when the black screen with the white writing comes up and it only lists my CPU, nothing else...
any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

A:Blue Screen of Death...now it won't boot

I think I would be checking my Hard Drive out. It sounds like you might have a problem with it. Let us know...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-now-it-wont-boot.686542/
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello My laptop is running Windows bit Before this problem I had a VPN Client installed however it was not compatible with bit versions startup Of kicks and Windows on Death, causes in installer Blue Client Screen VPN of Windows However I checked on the website of our provider of VPN Clients and Windows installer kicks in on startup and causes Blue Screen Of Death, VPN Client there was a new version which is Beta it is said to be compatible So I downloaded this client and attempted to install it During the installation I was told I had to uninstall the old version and then I received a Blue Screen of Death Windows then restarted automatically and during boot it tried to install the latest VPN Client again with the same outcome a crash I have went into Safe mode deleted everything from the temp folder then booted back into Normal mode but on boot the Windows installer still attempts to install the latest VPN Where is it reading it from Any ideas FYI- http support ifb net temp vpn the right most entry is the version I attempted to install Thanks Andrew nbsp

A:Windows installer kicks in on startup and causes Blue Screen Of Death, VPN Client

Try booting into Safe Mode again and do a START---ALL PROGRAMS---ACCESSORIES---System Tools---System Restore. Pick a date prior to the VPN client installs and restore via a reboot to that state hopefully. We use Shrewsoft's VPN Client at work and it is Windows 7 compliant.

http://www.shrew.net/download/vpn Release 2.1.5!!

Hope this helps!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-kicks-in-on-startup-and-causes-blue-screen-of-death-vpn-client.906803/
Relevancy 92.45%

error = STOP: c0000218 \systemroot\system32\config\software

When I start windows I get this blue screen every single time. I am unable to start windows in any form (safemode etc.). I have the windows re-installation startup disk but for some reason my disk drive is unable to read it. I have used this startup disk with this computer recently to bring my computer back to factory settings in the summer, so I know the cd and my cd drive were working at most 2 months ago.

I'm stuck because I dont know any way to fix this error with out my disk drive working.

A:Blue screen of death + windows wont read startup disk

Can someone please help me, im having a lot of trouble with this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-windows-wont-read-startup-disk-429837.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello,

I bought COD MW3 via Steam. I had download the game from the steam server and I played it several times without any problems. After I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits I had to download COD MW3 again from the Steam server. I installed the game. Till here nothing went wrong.
When I started the game my screen freezes and I get the blue screen of death and my PC restarts.
So I can't play the game anymore!

Check the attachment. I added all my dmp files, I'm not sure if they all were caused by COD MW3. I know for sure that the last one is! '071412-22230-01.dmp'.
Could someone help me out please?!
Windows info:
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- Full retail
- Bought my PC in December 2011 (Christmas)
- Reinstalled Windows 7 in March 2012 I guess

A:Blue screen of death by Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 startup

I guess it has something to do with 'ntoskrnl.exe'. But I am not sure, plz help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240450-blue-screen-death-call-duty-modern-warfare-3-startup.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Okay bear with me as this may be a little long A friend death) won't screen Vista of boot (black up Ultimate was going out of town last weekend so he shut his computer down and Vista Ultimate won't boot up (black screen of death) unplugged it before he left It was working fine at this point When he got back home and started it up again after Vista Ultimate won't boot up (black screen of death) the BIOS loaded it went straight to a black screen and wouldn't budge Anyway he called me for help and I figured it would be a simple fix just use the Vista cd and do a Startup Repair on it Easy right Wrong I forgot that the DVD player in his system has an issue and won't read disks So I took his computer to my house removed the HDD and installed it in my computer Before I go on any further the computer that was having the issue is a Dell Inspiron running on an AMD Athlon X not sure of the exact speed but it came with Vista preinstalled from Dell so I'm assuming it meets the minimum requirements and the one that I was going to use to fix the issue is a Dell Dimension E running a Pentium Ghz and Ghz of RAM So I put the Vista cd in my DVD player changed the boot sequence and booted off the cd Now when it got into the repair utility it did NOT list the Vista OS for me to repair it It said something about paraphrasing quot if your OS is not listed load the drivers for your HDD Please select the source of the drivers for your HDD to install quot or something to that effect I have no idea what the drivers would be called or where to look for them Besides it was my understanding that Vista didn't need HDD drivers to run So I hit the 'Next' button and went right to the next page did a Startup Repair and the computer finished and restarted I went back into the BIOS readjusted the boot sequence and restarted again This time it came up and said quot Drive not found SATA something or other Primary IDE Master Press F to continue or F to run the setup utility quot This can't be good If the HDD isn't showing up does this mean that the drive is fried I was going to use my DVD drive in my friend's computer but my DVD drive uses the old fashioned PATA ribbon cables whereas his uses the SATA data cables Does anybody know if there is a PATA to SATA cable adaptor out there anywhere ANY help on this issue would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Vista Ultimate won't boot up (black screen of death)

Anybody???

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255067/vista-ultimate-wont-boot-up-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 92.45%

My compute has a not quite black screen at startupI uinderstand that this migh tbe cuased from a Windows automatic updateI am not able to do a system restore as there is no video

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Blue-or-Black-screen-at-startup/td-p/5785674
Relevancy 92.45%

I justr turned on my pc this morning and after being asked whether to boot from last known good or from normal, the screen goes blue/black and just stays like that and nothing happens hope its nothing serious. I don't have a backup cd.

A:Blue/black screen after startup

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-black-screen-after-startup.908874/
Relevancy 92.02%

Blue Screen Of Death (0X00000F4) when i try to boot or format my pc

Blue screen occurs whenever i try to boot my PC or try to format and install the OS.
i tried to recover the pc using system restore or the system restore drive in the PC but the same blue screen error occurs and my system crashes.

1. I was trying to defragment my registry (need to restart)
2. When the pc restarted the blure screen error poped when the starting windows logo was gone.
3. The blue screen error occurs only after the windows is loading logo or windows is starting logo is disappeared.

How do i format the hardrive and install the windows again.

i cant restore i cant format i can do nothing.

I am using windows 7 Ultimate RC official version.

Thank You

A:Blue Screen Of Death (0X00000F4) when i try to boot or

Those Registry defrag programs should not be used, especially on a OS they weren't designed for, I made the same mistake in the Early pre Beta builds and never again.

You say you can't format or reinstall, why is that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19026-blue-screen-death-0x00000f4-when-i-try-boot.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Greetings I'm new here I hope someone could help me with my problem I've been on the net finding solutions boot try time Death to Blue of Screen I every for this problem without any result Then I find similiar problem in this site which explained very-very good and detailed so even someone like me who is not really good at computer thing still understand The Problem My Sony Vaio VPCCA FG just recently failed to boot Everytime when it just about to enter logon screen Blue Screen appears It happens after my notebook start to crash when I play multiple video on youtube Blue Screen of Death every time I try to boot When my notebook not responding anymore I try to force shutdown it by pressing power button Then when I switch the power again the problem starts I already tried to boot in safe mode minimum graphics and last known good configuration without any result and the Blue Screen always appear before it reach logon screen with code STOP x F x xFFFFFAB C B xFFFFFAB C E xFFFFF B D lt - I hope i write that correctly I also tried Startup Repair but it can't find the problem The Problem signatures shows Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature BadDriver OS Version Locale ID Is this problem caused by a virus or malware And how I fix it I don't want to reinstall my notebook if I can Thank u

A:Blue Screen of Death every time I try to boot

Hi there,

please try to run a FRST scan from Recovery Environment. That may help diagnose the problem:

On a clean machine, please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
If you are using Windows 8 consult How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt.
If you are using Vista or Windows 7 enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.
Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used.
To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.htmlTo enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.
==========On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
Select Command Prompt
==========Once in the Command Prompt:
In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press EnterNote: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526330/blue-screen-of-death-every-time-i-try-to-boot/
Relevancy 92.02%

I rebooted my computer this morning because it was locked up on a game and got an error message that stated something about quot WINDOWSSYSTEM CONFIGSYSTEM quot repair this file by starting windows setup using original setup cd-rom and something about CHKDSk F Can t get death/unable screen of Blue to boot safe mode to work safe mode with Blue screen of death/unable to boot command prompt won t work last known good configuration Blue screen of death/unable to boot won t work Changed startup to go from the disk Then I tried running the setup disk and got the blue screen of death just as the Blue screen of death/unable to boot setup disk finished loading NOW WHAT My life is on that computer and I haven t backed anything up yet my intent was to run malwarebytes for possible viruses but I guess it already got me I need to fix this NOW and I have two hours to complete it Desperate Did I mention it s Windows XP and I know very little about computers so talk to me like a five year old Blue screen gave me STOP x xF E xC x x Merged posts OB

A:Blue screen of death/unable to boot

Hi,

What are your system specs.? is this a laptop or desktop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327035/blue-screen-of-deathunable-to-boot/