Windows Support Forum

Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Q: Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 67.94%

Alright so my problem is that my computer freezes It does this when under some load such as having multiple browsing windows open and doing something else such as Skype or Steam Now this doesn seconds time, new Freezing at 30-90 hardware for a t always happen Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware but it happens most often when I am also transferring data on my HDD downloading a game on Steam or moving something to a USB I have recently Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware purchases a k x GB Corsair Red low profile mhz RAM and an ASRock Z Pro mobo Now the issues that I am having are odd I will Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware give you a brief run down of the events preceding now Install new parts Change the bios setting to mhz instead of mhz ram Begin experiencing issues with the WiFi having limited connection for moments of time fixed by either waiting or instantly fixed by reconnecting to the network Install USB drivers from the ASRock website as well as instant boot Change hard drive settings in bios from IDE to AHCI and likewise in regedit Uninstall instant boot after realizing it s not what I expected Get an error from windows about the hibernation state being unavailable Update bios in hopes of remedying this error and WiFi issues Updated WiFi adapter via device manager seems to work but still occasionally lose connection Reinstalled USB after noticing the freezing previously mentioned whilst moving items to a USB Seems to fix the freezing however quickly learn that it is not due to the USB that I am freezing Ran Prime and memtests both not turning anything up Now somewhere among this after I updated the BIOS I had to go back and change the RAM timings again I enabled a setting called XMP because it had the correct timings which the settings at the time were not set to I currently have changed it to auto but this hasn t affected anything Now how can I fix this and if I need to run anything or test anything I m happy to oblige nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all,

I'm a bit frustrated about my computer lately. It often responds slow, or freezes for a brief period of time.
I'd love it if someone could help me to check if my pc is okay.

I tried to run dds.com to create a logfile, but I only get the pop-up that dds.com isn't meant to run in compatibility mode. But under 'properties', I can't find any tab for compatibility settings.
Is there some other tool to create a log for Windows 8.1, 64 bits?

I will appreciate your help with this situation.

A:Regularly short-freezing computer

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562764/regularly-short-freezing-computer/
Relevancy 66.65%

My computer goes to sleep in just a short time after using. If a longer time it has to be restarted. Would appreciate some help if any one knows the problem. I use IE and Vista.

A:computer goes to sleep short time after use

Have you checked the Power settings?
Right click the Desktop
Personalize > Screen Saver > Change power settings link
This will show you when the monitor and or hard drive is set to go to sleep. If you want to extend the time frame or disable the sleep option entirely, you can reconfigure it there.

Do you have Service Pack one for Windows Vista installed?
Let us know what you find.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-goes-to-sleep-short-time-after-use.932796/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am running XP SP and use Firefox I recently started losing my Internet connection running a NetGear wireless PC card on my laptop at random a few minutes after startup Downloaded Windows (5-60 of after freezing use period Computer short minutes) Live OneCare trial Computer freezing after short period of use (5-60 minutes) version to sweep Computer freezing after short period of use (5-60 minutes) for viruses Found a Trojan horse and deleted along with some cookies Problem persisted Got a new wireless card problem migrated from lost Internet connection to frozen system freezing anywhere from to minutes after startup during Internet usage I had downloaded a couple of plug-ins to Firefox but uninstalled Computer freezing after short period of use (5-60 minutes) them thinking that was the problem It froze again about minutes ago I have not been able to normally shut down the computer in a few days and it can't be good I have run CHKDSK and Defrag operations The admin menu says my HD is quot healthy quot and these analytical tools haven't found anything wrong yet I haven't found the tool that checks for physical defects Should I do that My computer runs hot with the cooling fan running non-stop so I think heat might be the problem but it's been like this since I bought it four years ago and it's just acting up now I'm about to purchase a notebook cooler but I want to know if something else is the problem My computer froze while I was writing this so I installed my old wireless card and will see if that helps but I'm not putting any money on it it didn't change a thing and in fact the computer runs worse My old wireless card was fine for a year straight so I don't see this to be all of a sudden the problem Running these steps tonight took me two tries froze once not the other It appears that the computer freezes during an idle process If I keep using it it TENDS not to freeze though it's certainly happened I posted this thread in another forum and I was directed to do the steps Here's what I've done Step Completed Step Unable to complete full scan computer froze after about - hours or so but about it had already found quot infected quot files It froze at probably completion while my screen-saver was on at A last night I did not get to see the report Step Completed no failures Step Completed updates Step Below are the logs Main txt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Configured TBS WMP Plug-in - - UTC - RP - Removed Microsoft Office PowerPoint Template Pack - - UTC - RP - Installed NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless PC Card -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT system smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINNT system HPZipm exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINNT GWMDMMSG exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Sy... Read more

A:Computer freezing after short period of use (5-60 minutes)

bumped...computer now has 512MB RAM (max for this model).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-freezing-after-short-period-of-use-5-60-minutes-267433.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello All A newbie here but a seasoned computer user. I have been stumped! I also have this problem of compter freezing after idle and screensaver starts. No viruses or spy where or bad memory nor bad graphics card ect. cpu running at 35 Deg Cel. power supply running fine and all pluged in as normal. I have run scan after scan to find nothing! Any ideas would be a great help!

ALSO PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR PEOPLE IN NEED FROM KATRINAS WRATH.
Thanks,

Brian

A:My computer freezes after short time of activity.

Have you tested the hdd? I'd run the hdd manufacturers diagnostic tool on the drive to make sure it's healthy.Having said that it could be a software problem, has this started after installing something new?The next time it freezes have a look here:StartControl PanelPerformance and MaintenaceAdmin ToolsEvent ViewerSystemHighlight a error then click properties, then click on the link below For more information, see Help and Support Center as this may give you information on how to solve the error.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29752/my-computer-freezes-after-short-time-of-activity/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

In the last week or so, my computer has lost the ability to shutdown normally.
After that, nothing will open (command prompt, task manager, etc..) but the computer is not frozen. Now, when I turn the computer on, it seems like after 10 or 15 minutes, the same thing happens.

I have used Avast! antivirus software and it found [email protected] (was marked as a rootkit) and win32:dowloader-HQR (trojan).

However, after have quarantined these problems, the computer has not been fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer stops responding after short time

You are still infected. Please head over to Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help and post there for more help.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-stops-responding-after-short-time-579411.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I need some help very badly I just bought After Computer Period Of Up Short Time Locks a rebuilt computer and already I have had the computer lock up and prevent my keyboard or mouse from operating at some point in the session I am just Computer Locks Up After Short Period Of Time about ready to take this to another computer repair shop and tell them to go through the system with a fine tooth comb and fix all the remnant problems To make matters worse I cannot get the computer to boot if there is anything connected to the USB ports Here is a look at my computer s profile from running Belarc Advisor Computer Name User - bac d e in WORKGROUP Profile Date Sunday August Computer Locks Up After Short Period Of Time AM Advisor Version t Operating System System Model Windows XP Professional Service Pack build VIA Technologies Inc VT Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board - Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space COMBO IDE CO CD-ROM drive Lite-On LTN S x Max CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor E L Hard drive GB -- drive s n E QXDE rev NAR SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot BANK is Empty Slot BANK is Empty Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller ATI Technologies Inc RAGE XL AGP X Display adapter Default Monitor Bus Adapters Multimedia VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller x VIA AC Audio Controller WDM Communications Other Devices Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC FA Networking Dns Servers Any and all advice will be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Computer Locks Up After Short Period Of Time

And here is a HijackThis analysis...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:23:03 AM, on 8/19/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Speeditup Free\SearchDefender.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.searchgateway.net/search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.searchgateway.net/search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.searchgateway.net/search...:000000;GFNT:0000FF;GIMP:0000FF;FORID:11&q=%s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Search Defender] "C:\Program Files\Speeditup Free\SearchDefender.exe"
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/win...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1187465499302
O16 - DPF: {A90A5822-F108-45AD-8482-9BC8B12DD539} (Crucial cpcScan) - http://crucial.com/controls/cpcScanner.cab
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-locks-up-after-short-period-of-time.611976/
Relevancy 66.22%

This started a couple nights ago My computer was refusing to go to sleep every time I tried to put it into short stops time Computer after a responding sleep mode it would still be running and wake up immediately if I moved my mouse or pressed a key on my keyboard This happens once in a while and is usually fixed by closing uTorrent I tried this however and it didn't work I found this page and followed its instructions to open command prompt and try to find what was preventing my computer from sleeping Command prompt told me that the culprit was mst exe which Computer stops responding after a short time I searched for on Google and found mixed results about some said it was a normal computer process some said it was a virus With more haste Computer stops responding after a short time than I should have I opened Task Manager and ended the process mst exe which allowed me to put my computer to sleep The next morning I woke up my computer and used it for a few minutes before things stopped responding I could still move my mouse but clicking anywhere always resulted in program name not responding I couldn't open or close anything Ctrl Alt Delete wasn't doing anything etc My computer was essentially useless unless I wanted to watch my mouse move around the screen I held down the power button and turned my computer back on but later that day I'm guessing about hours later although that estimate could be way off the same thing happened I restarted my computer the same way and now this happened within a couple hours This has happened a few times now and seems to be something that isn't going away anytime soon I'm not having any other notable performance problems while my computer is running other than a few small graphical glitches Yesterday my date and time wasn't displaying in the bottom-right corner of my screen today my battery says it's charged but the icon is empty I have no idea if these are related or merely coincidental Anyway I ran DDS and have my report ready I should note that I've ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free version a couple times including once since I made this report If this will affect the results of the report and I need to do it again let me know and I will do so Thanks in advance for all the help I need this computer for my schoolwork DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nipple King at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C PROGRA ENIGMA SPYHUN SH SER EXE C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x Dell Dell Datasafe Online NOBuAgent exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Tor tor exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared... Read more

A:Computer stops responding after a short time

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529686/computer-stops-responding-after-a-short-time/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, and thank you for taking your time to help me

So each night I take my computer along with monitors etc. out of the power plug in the wall.
When I but the power plug back in to start the computer up, my keyboard instantly powers on, the same goes with my two monitors.
When I then turn on the computer nothing really happens. All of the fans and lights turn on (The MoBo fan spins insanely), but nothing comes on the monitor screen. The monitors keeps searching for a unit but won't find the computer.

Sometimes after waiting a few minutes the screen suddenly shows the startup of windows and I can use it normally.

I think it's an hardware related problem but I'm not entirely sure.
I use windows 10.

Hope you can help me
Johan, Denmark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boot-problems-suspect-hardware-fault.1169961/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Been having problems with this computer for a couple of weeks now Whenever I am playing a game there is a good chance that it will randomly freeze and lock up the entire system requiring a restart Windows Error Reporting gives Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket type amp x d amp x a Event Name ServiceHang amp x d amp x a Response Not available amp x d amp x a Cab Id amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Problem signature amp x d amp x a P KService amp x d amp x a P KService exe quot amp x d amp Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket x a P amp x Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Attached files amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a These files Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket may be available here amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Analysis symbol amp x d amp x a Rechecking for solution amp x d amp x a Report Id b e - d - df-a a- d fd d amp x d amp x a Report Status Anyone shed some light on how to fix the accursed thing nbsp

A:Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket

Kservice.exe is a P2P service installed by Sky Broadband and others for streaming video. If you don't know what kservice.exe is, you probably don't need it. See if this helps: http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/Blog/blogentry=000175/BlogEntry.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-freezing-fault-bucket.937672/
Relevancy 65.36%

My computer will freeze for a short period of time. It happens constantly, and will happening when even if I am doing something simple like browsing chrome. Everything the computer does just stops, even my cursor. Then after about 5 minutes everything will go back to normal.

A:Computer freezes for a short period of time (Windows 10)

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615571/computer-freezes-for-a-short-period-of-time-windows-10/
Relevancy 64.93%

please help im at my wits end I bought a new but cheap computer and for the first month it worked fine but menders by computer freezing found but please help, keeps no fault all of a sudden the screen went blank on me one day since then it either doesnt work at all or it only works for about half an hour before the screen freezes goes blank grey pink green or yellow if I restart the comp sometimes the screen comes on for a few seconds then goes blank and sometimes it just does nothing and says no signal I have tried another screen but it does the same I please help, computer keeps freezing but no fault found by menders took it to the computer menders and they had it on running for full days and could find no fault whatsoever however when I got it back it worked for about mins then the screen went blank followed by lots of restarts and blank screens Does please help, computer keeps freezing but no fault found by menders anybody have any suggestions as to what the please help, computer keeps freezing but no fault found by menders problem could be as it is driving me bonkers could it be because it's very near to the sky box it's just wierd that at the computer shop it worked fine Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks Lynz

A:please help, computer keeps freezing but no fault found by menders

Hi and welcome to TSF

If it were mine I would be taking it back and getting it replaced. Your sky+ box should have nothing to do with it.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-computer-keeps-freezing-but-no-fault-found-by-menders-473266.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello It seems i have narrowed down my issue that I have been dealing with for it seems like months now Well essentially my system will reboot anytime it sits for an extended period of time about to Minutes My computer will go into standby mode I do sleeps short after 0x00000116 computer period time, BSOD a of for have it set for my computer to never sleep but only my screens I have followed BSOD after computer sleeps for a short period of time, 0x00000116 the BSOD instructions and do and those to attach to this post Here is the additional information regarding this problem Is Windows - x -bit or x - x - the original installed OS on the system Yes - an OEM or full retail version Full retail version - What is the age of system hardware Eh varies video cards about a year old memory and hardrives are about the same length of time Chip is fairly new within a few months - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS OS was freshly reinstalled on All drivers for all pieces of hardware in my machine have had the newest drivers updated including my video cards I have also done the BIOS update for both of my video cards available from Palit Oddly enough i can play Starcraft II for hours and no issue with rebooting only when it sits for an extended period of time as mentioned earlier Any ideas woul dbe great Thank You Josh

A:BSOD after computer sleeps for a short period of time, 0x00000116

Hello Nissan & welcome.

Analyses
Most of your dumps are including your Graphic Driver. So to really make a secure uninstall and get rid of the leftover files of the uninstallation from the Control Panel, we'll use some specific tools. The little guide below tells you what to do to uninstall and install your Nvidia-driver.

Tutorial

i) Find your driver here, save it to your desktop
ii) Download Driver sweeper, for the leftover files
iii) Uninstall your driver from the Control Panel
iv) While rebooting, go into safe-mode without internet (tip: plugout your LAN cable or disconnect wireless)
v) Run Driver Sweeper, click all the Nvidia components and analyse them
vi) Clean them all
vii) Head into Windows, without internet
viii) Install the Driver from the desktop

Summary

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )
???????????????????????????????
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
???????????????????????????????
Fred.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198807-bsod-after-computer-sleeps-short-period-time-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I wonder if anyone can give me advice I am currently using windows with a nividia graphics card and ASUS N motherboard which I believe is made for HP however windows keeps randomly freezing this happens in win I keeps find appreciated to freezing? idea's fault Computer have also tried a fresh installation of XP And vista and the same thing happens it simply locks no blue screens errors etc so hard reboot needed I have taken all insides out and re pasted the processor chip amd quad core I have done tests on the hard drive Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated and hard disc I dont think it is an overheating problem well sure its not the graphics card did go through a noisy fan stage however has been cleaned and was doing it before the freezing started and now appears to work fine Anyway I Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated have no idea what is wrong with it any help would be appreciated or idea s on how or Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated what to fault find next to remedy Thanks in advance Adam nbsp

A:Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated

Please post complete specs of the system in question including PSU type/model etc.

Stress test your graphic card with OCCT, and RAM with memtest (you can find it in techspot's download section). Run minimum of 8 passes on each individual RAM Module.

Also ensure that your RAM's specs are correctly set in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-ideas-to-fault-find-appreciated.154465/
Relevancy 62.35%

Computer is suddenly freezing from time to time and i need to restart to undo it dont know what is causing this. Thanks for looking into the .dmp file.

A:Computer suddenly freezing need to restart from time to time

It is a Stop 0x116.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {84f63318, 8e43e5bc, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+105bc )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow the guide: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Start from updating the display driver.

Code:
lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
8e42e000 8e882000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Apr 24 16:20:20 2009 (49F1996C)
CheckSum: 00402D61
ImageSize: 00454000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
It is extremely old. Get the latest version from AMD Graphics Drivers & Software.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261912-computer-suddenly-freezing-need-restart-time-time.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a very similar problem to this person, (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic160500.html) except I am running Windows XP home edition.
I downloaded a file I presumed would be safe, scanned it with Mcafee before opening it and unwittingly installed Total Secure 2009.
My computer then froze up so I had to restart. On restart, I managed to scan using Mcafee and Ad-aware, Mcafee found RemAdm-Generic (C:\windows\system32\LMInit.dll), Ad-aware found a few PuP's I removed.
I then restarted again, and a new account had been created "Admin" and I couldn't open the task manager on other accounts.
I tried to run MBAM, but after 3-4ish minutes the computer logged me out, then froze on the login screen.
Anyone help out? I don't like having to restart every 3-4 minutes

A:Task manager - disabled, computer freezes up after a short period of time, "VIRUS ALERT!" on the right of clock

First:Download ESET SysInspectorhttp://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php- Start program through the SysInspector.exeThe program will collect information about the situation on your machine.- When "inspector" is ready and log file - generated, select File> Save Log- Confirm their wishChoose to save the file somewhere and then upload on http://4storing.com/ (when you open the page, click on the Great Britain flag to open the page in English), then give me the link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175796/task-manager-disabled-computer-freezes-up-after-a-short-period-of-time-virus-alert-on-the-right-of-clock/
Relevancy 59.34%

Why does my computer keep freezing Ok guys I have tried everything and my computer keeps freezing usually - minutes after startup sometimes before windows loads My PC Athlon XP Win XP Pro Pc DDR Ram Geforce MB x AGP n-Force Mobo Maxtor GB HD Maker E-machine Model T Ok it first started about a month ago It would freeze and I would keeps a Hardware and think freezing, computer My it's Issue. I power down by pressing the power button My computer keeps freezing, and I think it's a Hardware Issue. When it would restart it would let me send Microsoft an Error report So I finally sent one and it told me I had a Graphics Driver stuck in an Infinite loop and to update my graphics drivers or get a new graphics card At the time using the integraded Geforce mb Card I updated my drivers multiple times but would continue freezing I ordered and installed my new Geforce It seemed ok only freezing about twice the day it was installed The next day it was just as bad or worse than before the new graphics card After a restart now I don t get the option to send the error My computer keeps freezing, and I think it's a Hardware Issue. report to Microsoft so I don t think it is the graphics card Finally after running every virus spyware check known to man I decided to reformat my HD I put Windows XP Pro on and it is still freezing Thus leading me to the conclusion that it must be Hardware I looked on badcaps net and it doesn t seem like that s the problem So I quot think quot I have narrowed it down to RAM HD Processor MoBo or Power Supply Anyone know any ways to check these components for errors software or a physical test PLEASE HELP I am currently going for my A certification and I still can t figure it out I tested the temperature with SpeedFan usual range is between - C Any help nbsp

A:My computer keeps freezing, and I think it's a Hardware Issue.

I always start with the cheapest parts first, in hopes that I will be lucky ;

run memtest for a couple hours and see if any errors come up.

www.memtest86.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-freezing-and-i-think-its-a-hardware-issue.32619/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello - suspect Computer hardware freezing all I ve got mostly all new hardware that Computer freezing - suspect hardware I bought and put together myself I initially installed Windows XP x The system ran fine for about a day but then it started to freeze Unfortunately I can t tie it to any particular activity I ve had it freeze while copying files from an external USB drive and I ve had it freeze while playing a video in Windows Media Player The image on the screen freezes and I get a sort of pixelated shadow image It kind of looks like really poor quality cable TV where the colors are too bright and kind of blurry then the computer becomes completely nonresponsive mouse keyboard don t work - though I am able to turn it off via the power button Sometimes it happens right away and sometimes it ll run fine for an hour or so before it freezes I could be wrong but I don t think I ve seen it freeze when I just leave it idle I have since formatted and installed Windows XP SP x but I m still getting the same problem I ve disconnected all unnecessary hardware though I m stuck with a usb mouse keyboard as opposed to PS I currently have only the default drivers installed I ve tried using the drivers from the NVIDIA disc that came with the mobo but had the same problems I m currently running the system with the side panel removed in hopes that it s not a heat issue I also ran Memtest- v at the default settings from a boot disc It ran for an hour and completed passes with no errors before I stopped it I ve also tried using an old CRT monitor thinking that maybe my flatpanel was the problem still the same problem I m pretty much out of ideas and I d REALLY appreciate any and all advice Thanks in advance Hardware specs Motherboard MSI GF M-P Integrated video sound ethernet CPU AMD Phenom II x Memory Super Talent GB DDR - Single Model W UB GM HDD Seagate Barracuda GB RPM SATA Model ST AS DVD Burner LG super multi SATA can t find the model Logitech USB keyboard Dell USB mouse ProView flat panel monitor connected via VGA nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Folks I had a computer built for me about a year ago and from the get go it has been freezing up on me no help from the person who built it for me so I freezing Computer hardware/software? am learning as I go When I first got it would only freeze once Computer freezing hardware/software? or twice every couple of days so I did not think anything of it But it has gotten to the point where it will freeze every minutes and I have to cut the power let it sit for a bit and then turn it back on to get it to run again If I let the system sit powered on after it freezes it will go to a Computer freezing hardware/software? black screen and ask me to insert boot media and press any Computer freezing hardware/software? key Let me summarize what I have tried up to this point trying to fix it Reformatted time over the last months I am waiting for windows before I try this again Updated every driver I can find Updated the BIOS Switched from GB DataA single channel memory to Kingston GB dual channel Applied a non-stock CPU heat sink reducing the CPU temp from C to C and the load temp from C to C Downloaded memtest and ran it no problems found Downloaded the Seagate diagnostic tool and ran all tests no problems found I run AVG free edition and no virus have been fround I run Spybot and super anti-spyware both no problems found I am totally stumped because I can not find any error logs or do I get any error messages to guide me to what is wrong How can I find out what is wrong with my system What I would like to avoid is to just start guessing at parts and buying and replacing at random can I avoid this System Processor Intel core quad Q http processorfinder intel com details aspx sSpec SLAWR CPU heat sink Zalman cnps AT http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard Foxconn x a http www foxconnchannel com Product Motherboards detail overview aspx ID en-us Memory GB DDR dual channel http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E GPU Nvidia GTX w MB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case Antec black steel http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Storage- Seagate barracuda GB http www seagate com www en-us products desktops barracuda hard drives barracuda W power supply Audio SB Xfi Voltages Vcore V Vdimm Vmch V V V V V V V VCC VSB VBAT nbsp

A:Computer freezing hardware/software?

Today I changed the power supply to a CoolMaster Silent Pro M 700W, it is able to provide much more current that my old power supply. So I can not cross the power supply off the list of reasons why my system is freezing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-hardware-software.867165/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All I have recently upgraded my pc from AMD to Intel However since doing so I have experienced freezing of my PC sometimes it turns itself off and other times it just freezes This usually happens after about mins I have the latest bios and drivers installed from the relevant websites I have tried reinstalling windows to no avail However the one time it hasn't frozen I managed to run AIDA for an hour with CPU temp maxing at C therefore I don't believe my CPU is overheating however after an hour I decided to stop this test in the hope that I could hardware Computer freezing after upgrade run another however my PC froze straight after stopping the test which is odd Here are my specs Motherboard Msi x sli plus CPU Intel i k OEM RAM Crucial ballistic sport DDR x GB STICK MHz running at MHz due to Computer freezing after hardware upgrade single channel GPU XFX R X PSU corsair hx Boot drive Sandisk GB SSD The only thing I could think of would be only having one Computer freezing after hardware upgrade stick of ram which is therefore running in single channel at MHz I will post Aida screenshots when I finish work Anything that you think will help let me know I will post it Thanks

A:Computer freezing after hardware upgrade

1.  Open the case and make sure the heatsink is securely attached to the processor.  If not sure, reattach it.
2.  Remove and reinsert the RAM.  
3.  Try different RAM.  The stick could be bad or (strangely) incompatible. 2400 MT/s is over clocked.  You could try 2133 MT/s DDR4 if you have any on hand.  Also, After testing, DDR4 is faster with 4 sticks of RAM. 
4.  Check the SATA cable connection to the hard drive.  (Or test the machine without the hard drive attached to rule it out). 

(I googled the motherboard.  The memory is supported if it is: MSI X99S XPOWER AC LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99.)  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562619/computer-freezing-after-hardware-upgrade/
Relevancy 59.34%

Okay so making a very Freezing Related?) Computer (Hardware long story short my computer keeps freezing up and crashing down on me First and foremost specs HP A N Windows XP Pro SP MB PC sticks GB HDD AMD I upgraded the memory to GB today hence the sticks What s been happening to me lately is that whenever I open up ANY application I will not be able to open another one without my computer stalling For example I tried to uninstall my belkin utility and it froze up Computer Freezing (Hardware Related?) at Then I tried to close it and nothing happened Tried to open up other applications and couldnt Tried to CTRL ALT DEL couldnt I can still Computer Freezing (Hardware Related?) move the mouse but it disappears on the desktop and reappears elsewhere on the screen taskbar etc So then all I can do is reboot I checked crucial com to make sure I didnt need to have matching sticks for memory One is PC one is PC From what I understand the stick would clock itself down to speed correct If thats not the case then would the mixup in the pairs cause my machine to hang or would that be an issue that I would recognize via BSOD or something Could it possibly be the hard drive I ve ran PCCheck and CHKDSK and both have shown clean results I would restore my machine BUT I forgot the administrator password Any way for me to find that out I heard there was some way on XP but Im not too sure I will say that I have not experienced any type of a blue screen or any type of virus spyware issue I feel the case is hardware related any ideas Thanks guys --Dan nbsp

A:Computer Freezing (Hardware Related?)

What wattage is your power supply running at?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-hardware-related.594004/
Relevancy 58.48%

first of all i would like to say i am very inexperienced in computer hardware recently my computer freezes whenever i play any games or videos when it used to work fine i know the computer isnt that great but it could run all that i needed until it stoped working for example i cant run warcraft anymore when i could usualy run elders scrolls oblivion at high settings and wc is like or yrs old what hapens is the screen freezes and then the monitor turns black after a few seconds and i have to force it off by holding the off switch after this often the computer boots up w low color resolution settings my guess is that my video card is broken but it could definately be something else specs are Power Suply W Thermaltake Processor Intel Core Duo E Ghz Mhz front side bus Mb cache Motherboard nvidia i core quad memory Gb ddr corsair Mhz Hard drive Gb Western Digital Mb Cache less then Gb empty if that helps Video Card nvidia geforce gt Mb OS Vista Home in games hardware) (inexperienced Computer freezing in Basic Any help will be greatly apreciated and thank you Computer freezing in games (inexperienced in hardware) nbsp

A:Computer freezing in games (inexperienced in hardware)

with less then 5Gb empty it is a wonder u're computer is not giving more problems. I am not saying that is the only problem u have, but u need a new hard drive as none will work like that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-in-games-inexperienced-in-hardware.110753/
Relevancy 58.05%

About 6 months ago the screen started freezing. Then after about 30 seconds a message would appear on screen.... 'No Signal'

Would switch off and restart after a short pause and most times PC would run OK. The problem is random and happens in any app. The PC can operate OK for several hours without a problem.Or it may happen within a few minutes of startup.

As I thought that it was most likely related to the Win 7 software. I upgraded to Win 10.. 2 days ago, without any problems and the desktop seemed to run faster.

However the same problem is occurring again. Could this be a hardware problem?

With Win 10 there is no message about the unexpected shutdown ,when rebooting

A:Computer Freezing with win7 and win10..hardware or software?

It could be hardware related but not guaranteed, if you had done a completely clean installation of Windows 10 rather than an upgrade it could help to confirm that or not.

However, lets see what we can find out

Firstly, please provide details of the PC in question. Is it a prebuilt system like a HP, Dell etc if so please provide the exact make and model (include the 7 digit Dell Service Tag if its a Dell).
If its a self / custom build please provide exact make and model of the motherboard, CPU, RAM, graphics card, power supply, hard drives etc. the more info the better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-with-win7-and-win10-hardware-or-software.1157895/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys I have a problem here I have just bought a new computer days ago and its very good and powerful so the specs arent the problem quadcore gb ram gx etc However my Dvdrom appears in my computer but is also in Safely Remove Hardware for some reason I have noticed that every time I open an application eg iTunes the computer will not freeze but lag so the when hardware - computer remove safely DVDROM in freezing I move the mouse it jumps there DVDROM freezing computer - in safely remove hardware so its kind of freezing This has been occuring more lately after installing my needed apps photoshop dreamweaver firefox iTunes but it was still occuring as soon as I turned the computer on for the first time but now its more often eg when i start the computer and i log in it starts playing the log in sound but starts stuttering and then resumes then stutters and so on this also happens when i play music I have removed lots of things from my startup unneeded items but I think i have pinpointed the problem When I stop the dvdrom drive safely remove hardware the freezing never happens But then the dvdrom drive disappears from my computer and I can't use it So how can I make it so that its not in safely rmeove hardware but doesnt lag my computer but does start up whenth e computer starts Thankyou in advance I didn't know if this was Windows XP or hardware so sorry if it's in wrong spot

A:DVDROM freezing computer - in safely remove hardware

Guys, I have disabled the dvdrom from Device Manager and it doesn't lag at all anymore but now it doesn't appear in My Computer since it's disabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvdrom-freezing-computer-in-safely-remove-hardware-284114.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask but I thought it might be freezing Computer the all time since it's not a Windows problem Anywho this computer I rarely go on it's more my parent's and they tell me everyday that it freezes Computer freezing all the time completely when they're on it just doing basic things on Computer freezing all the time the internet etc it's not a network problem So I try to unfreeze it Computer freezing all the time by clicking ctrl alt del to try to enter task manager but even that doesn't work nothing works except to manually shut it down and start it up again I know it's a bit of an old computer so my thought is maybe replace the processor or something I scan it regularly no viruses no malware nothing I clean it regularly as well there is no dust so I don't think those are the problems either But I am asking you guys if you could help me figure out what is causing the freezing and what I can do If parts need to be replaced please let me know I live in Canada Here are the computer specs Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Acer Aspire M Processor AMD Athlon tm x Dual Core Processor GHz Memory RAM GB System Type Bit Operating System If anymore information is needed let me know I just got this from System Properties Thank you very much for your time and help

A:Computer freezing all the time

Hi. . .

Run hardware diagnostics starting with memtest86+ - Test RAM With Memtest86+

Then HDD - SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - Hard Drive (HDD) Diagnostics

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezing-all-the-time-1081889.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Sorry if this is not the correct freezing time all the Computer place to ask but I thought it might be since it's not a Windows problem Anywho this computer I rarely go on it's more my parent's and they tell me everyday that it freezes completely when they're on it just doing basic things on the internet etc it's not a network problem So I try to unfreeze it by clicking ctrl alt del to try to enter task manager but even that doesn't work nothing works except to manually shut it down and start it up again I know it's a bit of an old computer so my thought is maybe replace the processor or something I Computer freezing all the time scan it regularly no viruses no malware nothing I clean it regularly as well there is no dust so I don't think those are the problems either But I am asking you guys if you could help me figure out Computer freezing all the time what is causing the freezing and what I can do If parts need to be replaced please let me know I live in Canada Here are the computer specs Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Acer Aspire M Processor AMD Athlon tm x Dual Core Processor GHz Memory RAM GB System Type Bit Operating System If anymore information is needed let me know I just got this from System Properties Thank you very much for your time and help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freezing-all-the-time-1081889.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So for about a month now my computer has been freezing at least times a day I can barely do anything on here anymore It all started when I tried updating World of Warcraft Idk if all the time Computer freezing the game did it or what but ever since then it s been freezing even when I m just surfing the web Or burning a cd It s even froze while I wasn t doing anything I ve been trying to get everything on discs so I can do a full system restore but I d rather not do all that I have too much stuff on here So I m hoping someone can help me asap and I ve even done the hijackthis thing to see Computer freezing all the time if maybe it s a virus or whatever Thanks for the help ahead of time Also the only way to make it unfreeze is to manually restart it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files logishrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RMTray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar StumbleUpon Toolbar - EB C- E - AB- -B BA BDC - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - Toolbar As... Read more

A:Computer freezing all the time

hi and welcome toTSG have you tried running sfc /scnw
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html and also chkdsk
http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-vista/how-to-use-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-all-the-time.847142/
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok I have a HP Pavilion Computer Intel Celeron CPU GHz GHz MB of Ram Operating system Time Information Freezing ~ More Computer This is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service PK The problem started a few months ago when I would attempt to go on to the internet the computer would pop up multiple internert pages the same one but I would have or Then it started freezing up when I would go to any location on the internert But if I was sent something on the internet via email I could go Freezing Computer ~ More Information This Time on to the page from my email message not a problem Just recently I did this though and it allowed the first few pages and then started freezing up I had a friend come over to try to find help me he downloaded a free version of AVG Anti Virus and we found some stuff and deleted it well I was told to put it in a vault so I did I just found the vault today and deleted it out of the vault or it is called quarintine I guess The computer is now starting to slow up when I go on to do things on Freezing Computer ~ More Information This Time my email Right now it is a little slow when I am in my files but not too bad the freezing problem as far as going on to the internet is just as bad as before we got some threas out I am scanning again as I am writing this on another computer I am willing to just start all over again if you want to help me with that I saved all of my important files and I am ready to crash this thing and rebuild I still do have acess to email and files There are not warning boxes or anything coming up on my screen

A:Freezing Computer ~ More Information This Time

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. -- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes.If you're not finding any malware, read Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware. There are reasons for slowness besides malware - i.e. disk fragmentation, disk errors, corrupt system files, too many startup programs, unnecessary services running, not enough RAM, dirty hardware components, etc. As your system gets older it becomes filled with more files/programs and has a natural tendency to slow down so cleaning and regular maintenance is essential.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172442/freezing-computer-more-information-this-time/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys, im not 100% sure of my specs to be honest..

from what i could find theres as follows.
nvidia gforce gts 250
running windows xp professional
processor: pentium(r) dual-core cpu e5200 @ 2.50ghz (2cpus)
memory: 2046mb ram
total virtual memory :2.00gb / available virtual memroy :1.96gb
2.50 GHz, 2.00 gb of RAM

not too sure what im talking about.. i did take a video of how it freezes and what happens if thats more usefull to try figure out what needs updating or to be bought.

any help guys id really appreciate it been annoyed with this for some time especially playing computer games and what not, thats alot!!

Daniel

A:Help please! computer freezing 2-10 seconds at a time :(

A computer that freezes is usually caused by overheating or a failing Power Supply Unit. Turn off the computer and take the side off and blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label for the PSU and report the Make, Model and Wattage. Start the computer up and make sure all fans are spinning.
Also try a Clean Boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-please-computer-freezing-2-10-seconds-at-a-time-658788.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hello my computer will freeze up at any given time and make a trtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtr sound and i have to restart my computer

Relevancy 56.76%

Bleeping Computer Staff First of all thanks for the help that brought my laptop from the grave Minutes Time For At Computer A Freezing Now a little background on my home computer I'm active duty and only get home maybe twice a year so maintenance has been a little sparse on this one not to mention I only have days to get it fixed before I have to report back to my command so any quick help is absolutely appreciated as this is my primary means of communicating with my wife and kids This computer tends to just stop responding from time to time for a few minutes at a time It Computer Freezing For Minutes At A Time doesn't matter if we are connected to the internet or not I tend to believe its a spyware that is trying to send info but really I have no clue Also noticed that there is a google toolbar not sure how that effects anything What I've Computer Freezing For Minutes At A Time done I've downloaded Ewido and Ad-Aware SE and run both They caught a bunch of stuff but it is still doing the same thing I use Symantec Anti-virus and Firewall and have run a full scan with no results Below is the HijackThis file I took minutes ago I've removed Kazaa that my son had downloaded and used but I know that all the files haven't been removed There is another that I can't seem to get rid of Morpheus I hope I haven't left anything out since I'm not the primary user of this computer its all I've been able to find out so far Thanks SifuCarlLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC PROGRA Symantec NORTON GHOSTS EXEC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymSPort exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Carl Desktop HijackThis exeR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run DeviceDiscovery C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run PinnacleDriverCheck C WINDOWS System PSDrvCheck exe -CheckRegO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - ... Read more

A:Computer Freezing For Minutes At A Time

Check for Ewido updates and then run itFix these with HJT ? mark them, close IE, click fix checkedR3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\system32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://ka.bar.need2find.com/KA/menusearch.html?p=KADownLoad http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zipRestart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box. Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.Now paste these folders in and then make sure Deltree is checked before hitting the red x ? deltree will not show until a folder is copied into the lineC:\WINDOWS\system32\P2P NetworkingSTART ? RUN ? type in %temp% OK - Edit ? Select all ? File ? DeleteDelete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\tempEmpty the recycle binBoot and post a new log from normal NOT safe modePlease give feedback on what worked/didn?t work and the current status of your system

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38064/computer-freezing-for-minutes-at-a-time/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I am running windows XP although i do not think that this is relevant because of the times at which my computer freezes It has been freezing for a few years years not constant though the first time it was freezing i used a electric pump to blow all the dust out of all the machine and it successfully worked so that it didnt freeze anymore although now its freezing again and has been for a few months I will be getting rid of the dust again tomorrow and i for long a it (Been time...) freezing Computer doing am hoping that this works although im not certain that this is the problem as I cleaned out the dust about or months ago The only spare parts i have got Computer freezing (Been doing it for a long time...) is a Hard Drive does anyone think that replacing the hard drive will fix the problem ---i Computer freezing (Been doing it for a long time...) cant test all this stuff until tomorrow so i am asking here so that i know whyat i need to test tomoz Computer freezing (Been doing it for a long time...) -thanks for support

A:Computer freezing (Been doing it for a long time...)

Why would you replace the hard drive, is it defective? Are you getting a blue screen crash, is the computer just locking up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezing-been-doing-it-for-a-long-time-532583.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi

In last few days Chrome has begun to freeze at random times,leaving me unable to scroll or press any button, If i try to type anything then it is frozen and not being shown up immediately,it is being shown up few moments later when it unfreezes.. It is very much annoying to say the least..

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit..

Can you guys please help me out??

Thanks in advance

A:Computer is freezing at random time

Hello Tavish,

Is Internet Explorer affected, as well?

This could be Virus or Malware related.

Are you experiencing odd behavior anywhere else on your system?

When did you first notice the issue with GC?

Did you downloaded anything just before the issue started?

Accept a popup update, or open email from an unknown source?

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311386-computer-freezing-random-time.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello everybody, i'm having a bit trouble around here, past few days my computer has been freezing when i finish playing Call Of Duty 4 and last night I was downloading something (via Torrent) and after 44 minutes the uTorrent freezed,and the computer past the whole night freeze, my internet explorer doesn't open some websites(like AVG website)...
I would appreciate some help here..

A:Computer Freezing after some time running

Hello S1Lv3R_Sh4rK,I see that you have an HJT log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220386/crazy-wormvirus/ I have removed your bump post from it for reasons I'll outline later. We do not allow more than one topic for the same computer and the same issue as this causes confusion, and in this case may make the disinfection process more difficult.This leaves you with a choice:1) Have this thread reopened and the HiJack This log topic deletedOR2) Keep this thread closed and wait for assistance in the HiJack This log forum. Please note that that forum is VERY busy.While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.Please send a Private Message indicating your choice.Assuming you wish assistance in the HiJack This forum, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220389/computer-freezing-after-some-time-running/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hullo recently my laptop Dell Inspiron running WinXP Media Edition 's been failing it freezes anywhere from ten seconds to five minutes after I log in I'm unable to install an antivirus because Computer of amount after time small freezing the laptop freezes during installation Safe Mode seems to be well safer although even so it has frozen once I've done scans with ComboFix and MBAM CF found a massive infestation in my Computer freezing after small amount of time pchealth and system folders but was able to restore everything The system freezes just the same even after removing the threats I have no idea what's causing the freezing it freezes anywhere from ten seconds to five minutes after I log in and even freezes at login if I stay there too long The computer is completely frozen Num Lock Scroll Lock can't be activated deactivated the mouse doesn't move Computer freezing after small amount of time etc I can't even shut down without either pulling the plug out or holding onto the power button My HD is GB Fujitsu MHV BH There is GB free although my F partition has only or GB free I have GB of RAM installed I have not had any problems with this laptop until recently Or no I have but not relating to running out of system resources or anything related Thanks for reading Aar DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by test at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes F WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe F WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe F Documents and Settings test Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www trendmicro com go hjt error function DmodRegistry FIniGetString params DsFile Dsystem Eini C sSection Dboot C sValue DShell errorno D errortxtInvalid procedure call or argument winver DWindows NT E E iever D E E E hjtver D E E BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - f program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO CKeyScramblerBHO Object b f - a - - e -c b bc e - f program files keyscrambler KeyScramblerIE dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - f progra spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - f progra micros office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - f program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - f program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - f program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll uRun ctfmon exe f windows system ctfmon exe mRun IntelZeroConfig quot f program files intel wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot mRun IntelWireless quot f program files intel wireless bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless mRun SynTPEnh f program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun IMJPMIG quot f windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY f windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNC mRun PHIME ASync f windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNC mRun PHIME A f windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMEName mRun snp std f windows vsnp std exe mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe dRun swg f program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe dRun DWQueuedReporting quot f progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t dRunOnce KeyScrambler f program files keyscrambler getting started html StartupFolder f docume test startm programs startup rocket lnk - f windows bricopacks vista inspirat rocketdock RocketDock exe StartupFolder f docume test startm programs startup transbar lnk - f windows bricopacks vista inspirat transbar TransBar ... Read more

A:Computer freezing after small amount of time

Hi My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.We apologize for the delay of response. If you still require assistance we would like to see the current condition of your system so please post a new set of DDS Logs as well as a RootRepeal log and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log or RootRepeal log please refer to this page and in step #6 and Step #7 for further instructions on downloading and running DDS & RootRepeal. If you have any problems just let me know in your next reply or simply post a Hijackthis log.For your next reply I would like to see:-The DDS logs---DDS.txt and Attach logs-RootRepeal logs-Description of any remaining problems you may still have.Thanks again and we apologize for the delay.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262663/computer-freezing-after-small-amount-of-time/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello i am a new user to this forum and i have a problem with my computer It seems that my computer is very slow and often freezing the screen or i can't do anything just locks it self down The computer i use is a packard Bell Labtop with Windows Vista Home Premium locks or time all the it down Computer self screen freezing All the info i could find is on Norwegian text but i guess you can understand what the items are by the looks on them i have no clue on what to do but i would really like to have this Computer locks it self down or freezing screen all the time problem fixed Info Operativsystem Operativsystem Ekte Windows Vista Home Premium Kabinett Vekt kg approx Prosessor Prosessor Intel Pentium dual-core processor T Hz Cache MB Hovedkort Chipset Intel ICH -M South Bridge Minne Minne GB DDR x MB MHz Harddisk Harddisk GB Sata x GB Rotasjonshastighet RPM Kortleser Diskettstasjon Kortleser i kortleser SD MMC MS MSpro CD-RW DVD-RW Optisk Enhet DVD RW DVD-RW multidrive dual-layer Grafikk Grafikkchip Integrated NVIDIA GeForce M G Skjerm Skjerm WXGA x Diamond View Batteri Batteri Li-Ion cells mAH Lyd Lyd Integrated H ytalere Stereo subwoofer Kommunikasjon Nettverkskort LAN Ethernet Tr dl st Intel Wireless WiFi Link AG Inn- og utganger USB porter x USB Skjerm tilkobling DVI-I Tilbeh r Tilbeh r Integrert Webkamera MP

A:Computer locks it self down or freezing screen all the time

Have you scanned for viruses? Your current virus protection may have been compromised, so try the free online scans at this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211448/computer-locks-it-self-down-or-freezing-screen-all-the-time/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have two issues that need to be addressed and I think that they are connected in some way The first problem is that my computer has begun freezing for long periods of time when I load things It most recently happened when I tried to load a new page on DeviantArt but it has happened keeps periods freezing of long Computer for time when doing things Computer keeps freezing for long periods of time as simple as opening a new tab in google chrome or trying to alt tab to skype The freeze either lasts a few minutes or much longer When it lasts longer then or so minutes I decide to force shutdown my computer The second issue that I am encountering is that task managers claims I am using of Computer keeps freezing for long periods of time my disk space Computer keeps freezing for long periods of time sometimes when I have very few things open Usually the culprit is System or Antimalware Executable two services I can't turn off without shutting down my computer or making it unstable but sometimes it says I am using of my disk space when the app service using the most disk space is using a measly gb s or lower I have tried multiple solutions to this problem including turning off Windows autoupdates and allocating more memory to certain things and disabling Super fetch and Windows search These are the specs on my Asus laptop Something I haven't mentioned is that I dual-boot Ubuntu but I haven't used it in some time After upgrading to Windows the BIOS reverted back to its default so I just kind of forgot about it but I never reallocated the space that I had initially allocated to Ubunutu The freezing issue started a while back and I haven't found any viruses on the computer nor can I find any programs through the control panel that I think might be causing the issue The disk usage issue has as far as I know been a problem since I first got the laptop I'm not sure if that in conjunction with something else is causing my laptop to freeze

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62056-computer-keeps-freezing-long-periods-time.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm - freezing Computer first restart time after poster a first time poster so please bear with me My computer is running very slow and freezing at random times most consistently after startup I have run Avast Computer freezing after restart - first time poster Antivirus scan and Spybot S amp D and nothing was detected HJT logfile pasted below Thanks in advance for any help you can give Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Computer freezing after restart - first time poster Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS Twain CA A SnapDetect exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries helpctr exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpSvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http espn go com new-york index R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - disabled by BHODemon O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO... Read more

A:Computer freezing after restart - first time poster

Hi and welcome to TSF

If you asking for us to check your log for malware, we can't do that in this
forum.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezing-after-restart-first-time-poster-499552.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I would appreciate any help at all. My computer will start and immediately freeze if I try to run more than one program. I haven't made any changes to my system and this has been suddenly occurring as of the last three days. I have tried all I can think of and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

A:Freezing computer all the time except safe mode

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to help this problem??

Nick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217918/freezing-computer-all-the-time-except-safe-mode/
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer seems to have slowed down and the screen is constantly freezing The problem seems to get worse when I'm connected to the internet esp watching videos on youtube or listening to songs online opening many tabs I'm posting this after performing many anti virus anti spyware scans on my machine and finding nothing I also used crap cleaner to delete unnecessary files and clean up the registry but situation is the same My connections tray often freezes as well and then I can't connect to internet If I place the cursor on the wireless icon in the lower right hand tray there is no response I get the following unique message in firefox Firefox can't running all and Computer freezing slow time the too find the file at jar file Computer running too slow and freezing all the time C Program Files Mozilla Firefox chrome en-US jar locale browser-region region propertiesgoogle com Please help me solve the problem Here's my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe C Program Files Roxio Roxio MyDVD Premier InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe C PROGRA Roxio ROXIOM INSTAL Driver INTEL IDriver exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - C E B- - A - B- B BEFC DB - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot... Read more

A:Computer running too slow and freezing all the time

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198049/computer-running-too-slow-and-freezing-all-the-time/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey everyone I believe I have the most current hijack this version and ive run norton microsoft antispyware spybot search and destroy ad aware etc and my computer keeps freezing I thought it was Winamp or AOL instant messanger but it still does it when these programs arent running Here is my log for hijack this any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys Logfile all HJT time freezing 2000, posted computer log the Windows of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System Windows 2000, computer freezing all the time HJT log posted smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINNT System cisvc exe C WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINNT Windows 2000, computer freezing all the time HJT log posted System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINNT system nvsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system MsPMSPSv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files WUSB WLAN Monitor WLService exe C Program Files WUSB WLAN Monitor WUSB B exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C PROGRA D-Link AIRPLU AIRPLU EXE C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Professional PopUpStopperProfessional exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINNT System cidaemon exe C WINNT System cidaemon exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus XtremeG C PROGRA D-Link AIRPLU AIRPLU EXE O - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have just got a computer donated to me last week with windows 2000 I believe it might have a malware or hardware problem so I ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and found over 600 infections I removed the malware im 100% sure im even a expert myself but the system is still really slow

Symptoms

Unable to run simple tasks

Freezing

System idle CPU always 95%

BSOD errors

CDROM not reading disks

System Unbootable sometimes

Is this malware or a hardware problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326010/system-idle-cpu-95-bsod-laggy-freezing-computer-spyware-malware-are-hardware-problem/
Relevancy 55.47%

I run Windows XP HE and get the blue screen of death and a message that my PHYSICAL memory is dumping to disk. I then see numbers ascending, I just switch off, this is the only way I can escape !

Every time I reboot it checks the disks for errors but gets ALMOST all the way through then HANGS. To overcome this I simply reboot again and it is ok.

I am worried that this DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK will keep happening. Maybe even when I am away from my pc with disastrous results. It just suddenly happens with no warning. I no longer feel I can just leave my pc on unless I am watching it all the time. Very frustrating with broadband

In addition when I boot up I get an error message that the CPU is unworkable, hitting F1 gets me in ok.

A:Is it a hardware fault or O/S ?

Sounds like you have some serious hardware issues.

The "dumping physical memory to disk" is fine, all its doing is recording to disk a copy of the contents of the memory, for use by a Tech in diagnosing the problem (maybe...)

Its not harmful, its just writing a file.

Sounds like you need some physical hands on Tech Service on the PC though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-o-s.224868/
Relevancy 55.47%

Possibly a quick question - I'm unable to load Windows and I've got Short DST Failure: Q0AFV3-7PD89P-PXPALJ-60Q503 with Product ID: K5G63AA#ABA. Is this just a failed hard drive or something else? I can install a new HD without problem. If it's something else then I've obviously got bigger problems. That failure code sheet isn't exactly written for the semi-technologically inclined. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hardware-Diagnostics-Short-DST-Failure-Code/td-p/5836671
Relevancy 55.47%

I realize my first post was a little involved Here is the basic problem When booting my computer gets to the Windows Starting page then it goes blank then black and then the monitor displays the message NO SIGNAL But the computer is still on Window U U shuts it down drives spin then the lights go off But it will boot into safe mood fine It won t boot with a diagnostic boot using only boot ini everything else disabled Tried booting with last known configuration Nope Haven t installed or changed anything that I can remember My question is What is the difference between Safe mode amp a Diagnostic boot with everything disabled Why does one work and the other doesn t I can t check the device drivers while in safe mode so don t know what else to do Any ideas short of XP version short or Hardware Prob: Monitor throwing it out the window If you want more details see my previous post Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-prob-hardware-or-xp-short-version.617460/
Relevancy 55.04%

I sometimes spend a long time diagnosing certain faults on a PC/Laptop. Is it RAM, HDD, Mobo etc etc, until I pin down the exact faulty piece of a computer. I have been looking into diagnostic kits to try and save me some time, They seem to vary in price from 30-1500. They all claim to be able to diagnose the exact hardware fault of a PC or laptop. My questions are, does anyone have any experience of these kits, if so do they actually work? And can anyone recommend a particular brand/model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-fault-diagnostic.1139570/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Right now I BSOD: Fault ?? Hardware am trying my best to keep my laptop running while I am posting this thread I have been victimized by relentless blue screens which I suspect is a result of some hardware problem I initially thought this was a Windows and or Virus problem BSOD: Hardware Fault ?? I posted a thread as well http forums techguy org virus-oth -extreme-system-slowdown-blue-screens htm l but I recently formatted and reinstalled Windows but the blue screens keep coming back I am using IBM Thinkpad R a model so pretty old by now It runs Intel Centrino GHz proc GB IDE hard disk it initially came with MB RAM but I upgraded it to GB Windows XP SP Here are the problems I am facing since last one month Extreme system slowdown while running two or MS Office files or Outlook or even two tabs on Google Chrome The mouse pointer tends to get stuck while moving on the screen as if my system is busy even when Task manager shows system usage between to times I face a slowdown I end up with a blue screen it mostly says something like A critical process thread has been stopped to stop further damage and a few error codes are X F X X A F DA X A C C X A CB C though the error codes change every time Also at times I get a blue screen while boot up that says Unmountable Disk and while running Windows I see Unknown Hard Error I showed my laptop to someone and he predicted that the MB RAM was causing the trouble and took it out but it still did not solve the problem The problem occurs instantly if I move my laptop from my desk to another location i e the moment I move it I get a blue screen I did run a memtest and it returned no errors Can anyone please help me figure out what s the problem I am living with it for more than a month now and its frustrating Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD: Hardware Fault ??

If moving it causes that kind of issue - I'd be looking at loose connections. DVD drive connection, AC adapter connections, Hard Drive connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-hardware-fault.949929/
Relevancy 55.04%

dropped the lappy and now all i get is the

we appoligise for the inconvience but windows did not start succesfully a recent hardware change might have caused this

then goes on start normally or safe mode etc,

it does not boot in anything

Can you please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/posible-hardware-fault.886645/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone this Hardware My Fault A PC Help On Need Diagnosing is my first post on techspot so be nice My problem is that i started my pc up earlier today and i was prompted with a bios screen asking if i wanted to boot windows normally safe mode or from last known good configuration I chose last known good configuration My pc then restarted and nothing displayed on the monitor so i turned it off and back on and nothing displayed again Anyways im at the point where no matter how many times i try the display will not show The pc sounds as though it starts up but wont load the bios screen I have tried motherboards switching over all the components thinking it was a faulty motherboard eventhough it had worked the previous day I get Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC the exact same problem with this motherboard too I have Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC disconnected all the drives and i still get the same problem My PSU Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC is an antec w which is only several weeks old so i wouldnt say it was a problem with it not supplying enough power to the motherboard The motherboard does not beep at all either So i have no way of finding out whats wrong with it I have left it unpowered and removed the bios battery several times but no change Also my dvd rom will not open whilst connected to either motherboard it will only open when i remove the IDE cable and run it only with power The computer doesnt even show anything with the dvd drive disconnected either I have also tried reinstalling the ram but if it was the ram then the motherboard would beep right My only guess is that it could be the cpu but the fan powers up and there is no bleeps from the motherboard indicating this I would really appreciate any help that you can give And before you ask all the cables have been connected properly Specs are amd dual core skt ASUS a v-nm and the SE motherboard was the original one gb mhz kingston ram gb SATA seagate HDD Empire DVD Writer Geforce gt Antec w PSU Thanks for reading this by the way and thanks in advance to all the replies Its really frustrating lol Ryan nbsp

A:Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC

It looks to me that you have done a very thorough job of fault diagnosis and i agree with your conclusion that the fault could well be with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-diagnosing-a-hardware-fault-on-my-pc.89046/
Relevancy 55.04%

Sorry for writing a novel as a first post It all started with my PC running slow on the gaming frontier I forked out for a new gig stick of RAM and all was well until my PC had random complete shutdowns Entire power off no warning nothing like oldschool pc shutdowns bam off so I had a look inside the case to see fault locating Need hardware help if there was anything obvious like if I had bumped something but I accidentally hit the voltage switch and blew the PSU Next day I got a new off the shelf Need help locating hardware fault Thermaltake w everything was fine again until I started getting screen garble Big Florescent pink and green lines on a white back ground with an offset square where the mouse was So I tinkered with graphics settings and all but it still continued So next day I bought a new Radeon X Pro I don t have a question I m just bragging lt Kidding Need help locating hardware fault gt I threw in an old Gb HDD at the same time as the Vid card and again all was going well until I started playing UT and the sound goes funkadelic three distinct different tones repeating over and over I shut down the PC at the PSU and Need help locating hardware fault restart but it wont go further than post It comes through with Clockspeed and memory count but wouldn t go further I disconnected the old HDD and it went past post and seems fine The real question is Where could the real fault be and the point of origin What could I have done to the machine could the PSU have spiked other hardware Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access Are there likely to be any further faults Has anyone had this happen before nbsp

A:Need help locating hardware fault

1. Where could the real fault be, and the point of origin?: Well you replaced everything apart from the motherboard and RAM so they would be your best bets. Download memtest and test your RAM for a while with it. Not the Windows version but the DOS version. I think it is on Hirens boot CD. Also on the Ultimate boot CD wich you should be able to find through google

2. What could I have done to the machine, could the PSU have spiked other hardware?

Did you insult your computer or look at it **** eyed? It is not likely that the PSU spiked the hardware but it is more possible that the amount of amps that came through the PSU was to much for the rest of the components to handle

3. Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access?

Well the harddrive is a mechanical object. The more you push it the harder it works. The harder it works the more likely it is apparent to develop problems but this would only happen with a damaged or extremely old harddrive

4. Are there likely to be any further faults?

Well it is still not working correctly so you still have problems. The fact that that the motherboard beeps is an indication that something is upsetting your BIOS. It is quite possible that the motherboard is damaged. Or at least that your computer is overheating

5. Has anyone had this happen before?

I have had all of these problems but not all at once. Now this is a novel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-locating-hardware-fault.605718/
Relevancy 55.04%

OK the C key on my keyboard seems to have developed a life of its own Sometimes it won't work at all sometimes when typing it repeats amp repeats the only way to stop it is to hit ctrl amp alt at the same time This only happens with the C key If there isn t a text window open then two of the icons on the desktop flash repeatedly one is pdf file one is a powerpoint file Again only way to stop it fault? Malware hardware or seems to be ctrl amp alt at the same Malware or hardware fault? time scanned with Avira nothing shows same with malwarebytes I use both of these regularly DDS wouldn't execute on my laptop I just get a DOS window opening that Malware or hardware fault? reminds me to turn off script blockers what are they tells me it's non invasive won't take longer than minutes and that a log will be produced but then that window disappears and nothing else happens The GMER log seemed togo ok and Malware or hardware fault? is zipped amp attached Did all the above with AV etc disabled

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have fault or hardware Virus a problem with either a repeating c key or it doesn t work at all i have to opy and paste it all the time I m unsure if it s a virus thing or maybe just a hardware fault but it doesn t happen in safe mode so I m leaning toward the former DDR doesn t seem to run on my laptop i just get a window explaining that it s non invasive et and when that disappears nothing else happens Below are the hijak this amp gmer logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Virus or hardware fault svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Connect BecHelperService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Virus or hardware fault Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System SnoopFreeSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS SnoopFreeUI exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXE C Program Files Zoom CnxDslTb exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files PPLiveNetwork PPAP exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

The last 2 days i have noticed that after around 30mins or so i can no longer open files/internet/pics etc

Nothing can be opened but window tabs can be minimized and have full use of mouse and keyboard.

I cant open task manage when this happens and only a restart works.
This can only be done manually via the reset button on base unit and not via Windows restart function.

Ive run full AV scan with MSE and came back clean.

Not installed any programs within this time, the only thing that i can think of updating was Firefox 2 days ago.

many thanks for any help

A:PC freezing after short period

If you created a System Restore point prior to updating Firefox, you could use that restore point to roll back your system.

If you don't already have it, and can get on the web (or otherwise place a downloaded installer on the problem computer), you should try a full scan with Malwarebytes after allowing it to update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/279889-pc-freezing-after-short-period.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello ladies and gentlemen of TSG I ve been having a quite dodgy problem lately basically the computer freezes at random often shortly after the computer fully booted And the computer freezes EVERY time i start up a game like wow and whatnot So that sounds start freezes Solved: also i freezing a random, every time Computer at game. like a pretty common problem i guess Now the wierd part is that after installing motherboard drivers and graphics card drivers it would work pretty much perfect and i could play games and have multiple heavy programs running at once once i restarted the computer one time or a few times in one case it would simply refuse to launch these games and keep freezing at windows load or a bit later on I ve tried both vista bit and xp bit which im currently using The problem prevails on both OS So my not so qualified guess is that its a hardware problem As my old motherboard broke and it took RAM with it into the grave im currently running with only Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game. GB ram Sure the cpu might get too much stress and just freeze the computer but that still doesent explain why the computer ran near flawlessly until i rebooted the pc had the computer on for about days and it worked fine until reboot This is some of the things i tried - System rollback - Uninstall graphics drivers and install older versions just plain reinstall of new one - Reinstalling motherboard drivers dunno if i even did that right but it seemed to fix the problem until i rebooted the pc - Installed new OS from vista to xp - Reinstalled the games - Banged my head furiously against a wall didnt help Here are my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon-processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Q SE Rev X x MT K Could it be that my motherboard somehow doesent support my Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game. graphics card or could it simply be related to my GB ram Could it be that i got SP Could a repair with the xp disc possibly resolve it Answers highly appreciated keep in mind im a total newbie at computers so i probably need some explanations nbsp

A:Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-freezing-at-random-also-freezes-every-time-i-start-a-game.955697/
Relevancy 54.18%

HI THERE i'm really disappointed i got blue screen amp blue screen error several time a day since MONTHS I loaded WINDBG to BSOD FAULT disk SRV.SYS & IN WITH hardware read my last BSOD there were'nt same i mean this is the Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F fffffa b fffffa b fffff dc d Probably caused by hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg fffffa b Terminating object Arg fffffa b Process image file name BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT Arg fffff dc d Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ PROCESS OBJECT fffffa b IMAGE NAME hardware disk DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe EXCEPTION RECORD fffff c b -- exr xfffff c b ExceptionAddress e f ExceptionCode c In-page I O error ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter fefd fd a Parameter c e Inpage operation failed at fefd fd a due to I O error c e EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - L CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - L EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER fefd fd a EXCEPTION PARAMETER c e IO ERROR NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n EXCEPTION STR xc c e FAULTING IP a e f BUGCHECK STR xF IOERR C E FOLLOWUP IP a fe fd fd a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware disk STACK COMMAND kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v And the Second Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffff fc f ffffffffc e b fffff eed Probably caused by srv sys srv TerminateServer Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR a The requested page of kernel data could not be read in Typically caused by a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error Also see KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR If the error status is xC E xC C xC D or xC it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure If the error status is xC A then it means the request failed because a filesystem failed to make forward progress Arguments Arg fffff fc f lock type that was held value or PTE address Arg ffffffffc e error status normally i o status code Arg b current process virtual address for lock type or PTE Arg fffff eed virtual address that could not be in-paged or PTE contents if arg is a PTE address Debugging Details ------------------ ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n DISK HARDWARE ERROR There was error with disk hardware BUGCHECK STR x a c e CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME fffff bd -- trap xfffff bd NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax ff b rbx rcx fffff a d b rdx fffffa d eb rsi rdi rip fffff eed rsp fffff bd e rbp r r r fffffa d r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz ac po cy srv SrvCloseShare fffff eed fff push rbx Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff afa to fffff a STACK TEXT fffff bd fffff afa a fffff fc f ffffffff c e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bd fffff a b fffffa e fffff bd b fffff c fffff b nt FNODOBFM string' x c e fffff bd fffff aa c ffffffff ffffffff nt MiIssueHardFault x b fffff bd f fffff a e fffff a d b fffff a d b nt MmAccessFault x c fffff bd fffff eed fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b nt KiPageFault x e fffff bd e fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b f srv SrvCloseShare fffff bd f fffff f e fffffa b f df fffff c a f fffffa d ... Read more

A:BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT

Oh, you're not dead yet

Hello and welcome to TSF.

At a glance, it looks like you're having some problems with memory management. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-with-srv-sys-and-hardware-disk-in-fault-553145.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m having some issues with my PC and i am not sure what is wrong i have exhausted what knowledge i have to be honest A couple of weeks ago i was using my HDD related, Fault. Hardware maybe not? Unknown Maybe PC same as always and i got a crash i dont remember the exact nature Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? now but Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i restarted the PC and when i did i was greeted with a black screen with a flashing cursor when i tried to boot I fiddled around with my hard drive configuration at this point disabling one then the other to see if Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i could get the GRUB loader to appear This didnt work but when i put both drives back in as they were before i could access GRUB again but it would throw up error Makes sense i messed around with the drive positioning so grub would be a bit confused It s from this point that things went really wrong I used a LIVE ubuntu CD to try and repair grub but found that my GB HDD was actually inaccessible due to a bad superblock Further inspection showed that both my HDD s were showing some level of corruption I ran SEATOOLS on both my drives in the hopes that at least an error code would get me an RMA The GB drive passed fine first time The GB drive did not it failed the long test due to some corrupt LBA s that it corrected It has passed the long test twice now without error I decided at this point just to cut my losses reformat the drives and start over This went relatively painlessly and once i was setup in ubuntu i got a reminder that my HDDs were failing This feature is notoriously over sensitive though so i investigated further The GB drive had reallocated sectors that were not present before and the GB drive has pending sector rewrites as well as uncorrectable errors also not present before I have been monitoring the drives since and there has been no increase in damage over the last couple of weeks I assume they both took some damage in the crash but have no idea how My issues now have become more pronounced In windows my mouse will slow down under periods of heavy usage and freeze or lag a lot Sometimes i boot up and my USB devices kb mouse wif dish need to be reconnected before windows will detect them When the mouse is lagging the computer also slows to an absolute crawl and becomes unusable whilst this is occuring Performance in d games has plummeted too my fps jumps widly from the maximum amount i know i should be getting all the way down to around a quarter of its full speed So what has happened My operating systems are both on the GB drive the one i figured had taken the least amount of damage I cant RMA these drives without a seatools code so am stuck with them for a while besides if the manufacturers tool passes them fine then they cant be that damaged right Are all the problems indicitive of hard drive errors I m thinking whatever caused my drives to frazzle in the first place might be responsible here All help appreciated sorry for long post nbsp

A:Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not?

Update:

Tried extracting an archive on the 250GB drive, went at 16MB/s, lagged my computer out like crazy and i had to forcibly close the extraction. Copied the files to my 320GB (copied at full speed btw) and extracted there at 40MB/s with no impact on my PC performance whatsoever.

Seems fairly obvious then that my 250GB is simply screwed? Is there anything i can do here? SMART only shows 34 reallocated sectors out of 36 that were available for remapping leaving 2 spare sectors still, it should not be behaving like this, should it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-hardware-fault-maybe-hdd-related-maybe-not.911131/
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay so in the last couple of weeks about of my Constant fault? - Corruption Hardware downloads will not install or extract due to file corruption Even legitimate downloads from legitimate websites I ve reinstalled windows and formatted the entire hard drive several times and even ran a Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? legitimate copy of XP and Windows and I am still experiencing the same problems Not only this but many of my programs will crash or not even open such as MSN Firefox and others I ve got a Seagate GB Barracuda internal HDD and I ve ran some SeaTools scans and they seem fine I ve also swapped out the SATA cable connecting it to my motherboard The trouble is it is one of those really irritating problems that you can t specify as being one thing because so many things are irritating me I ve Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? got no problems with speeds or anything it has no problem running programs that work just they will crash regularly My hardware is Host Name JOE-PC OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Version N A Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration Standalone Workstation OS Build Type Multiprocessor Free Registered Owner Joe Registered Organization Product ID -OEM- - Original Install Date System Boot Time System Manufacturer Winfast System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor s Processor s Installed x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Phoenix Technologies LTD W P Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume System Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Input Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Time Zone UTC Dublin Edinburgh Lisbon London Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Virtual Memory Max Size MB Virtual Memory Available MB Virtual Memory In Use MB Page File Location s C pagefile sys Domain WORKGROUP Logon Server JOE-PC Hotfix s Hotfix s Installed KB KB KB KB KB KB Network Card s NIC s Installed Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Connection Name Local Area Connection DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server IP address es fe a b ab d cd My motherboard http www foxconnchannel com Product Motherboards detail overview aspx id en-us I m running Windows Ultimate bit at the moment I did recently install a GB stick of RAM but with several tools I can confirm that it is exactly the same as the other stick and it is properly inserted and functioning Do i need to update some drivers or something I am honestly clueless nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Recently I took delivery of a new PC Intel Pentium quot LGA Prescott quot GHz FSB with HT Technology Asus P AD Premium X LGA Motherboard Western is - or hardware Serious software it problem fault a ? Digital Caviar Special Edition GB JB ATA- MB Cache AOpen H A Super Tower W Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ? PSU Corsair MB DDR XMS - Pro Windows XP Pro already owned Everything was going fine until I connected to the net for the first time and got a virus that made the pc keep restarting itself and freezing up the net As a result of this I decided to reformat the hard drive and start from scratch nothing unusual there yes but as I had never reformatted before I by mistake tried to reinstall Windows via desktop instead of reformatting the hard drive first and that is where the problems began when I tried to reformat the hard drive like i should have done in the first place my pc kept refusing saying that there were programs already running the virus I guess Now when I try and install Windows via boot up it comes up with the following error message every time that I try and install Windows via boot up stop x b xf c xc x x This also happens if I change over hard drives so it can t be a hard drive problem BIOS update has also been installed so that is running normally So is it a a faulty XP disc b a problem with the motheboard c a system virus I need to know as it simply won t let me install Windows even after reformat or switching drives nbsp

A:Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ?

Sounds like the computer is not booting of the CD. You need to go into the BIOS setup when the computer first turns on, usually press F2 or DEL, and find the Boot Order. Make sure the Boot Order has the CD-ROM in the sequence before the hard drive. Then save and exit. Now when the computer starts with the XP CD in the drive it should come up and ask you to press any key to boot off the CD which is what you want to do. Then follow the onscreen instructions. You will probably want to do a new/clean install of XP so you will want to format the drive when asked.

Here's some installation guides:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/installxphome1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-software.280252/
Relevancy 54.18%

A lot of skipping short freezing while doing things in firefox I ll be typing--even now--and letters wont show of freezing skipping/short lot in A firefox up till a second after I type them at times Scrolling a page same thing--stopping for a sec then scrolling Sometimes I ll get it on my computer searching or picking images going through menus seems more prevalent in firefox though I recently updated my memory from gb to I would think I d have no lagging issues whatsoever I haven t even noticed much change from gb And actually things were running ok on but I A lot of skipping/short freezing in firefox mainly upgraded for use of my graphics software I ve disabled flash so every site it now asks me if I want to keep blocking it--very annoying but I thought flash might be the issue Apparently not since I m still getting the problem And my fans respond to load I believe and sometimes they ll be spinning high and nothings really going on Not sure what s taxing the system so much that they re spinning so high The only thing that s running hot is the video card nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-lot-of-skipping-short-freezing-in-firefox.1169979/
Relevancy 54.18%

hello I am new to this and hopefuly someone can help I've built a brand new system ASUS P Q PRO TURBO GB of G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D Intel Core duo and 7 freezing short windows or / delay E Dark Knight Radeon by ASUS VGA Western Digital Caviar Green WD AADS GB MB Cache SATA Antec EarthWatts EA W Continuous Power ATX V Ver Originaly started with Vista upgraded to Windows bit From the day one computer would freeze from time to time in different situations such as while browsing the net in IE opening internal windows such as clicking on the 'games' icon or during the game for instance while playing the BF Coursor will freeze or complete disappear and windows 7 delay and / or short freezing freeze delay would last between - seconds Then everything perfect Like on some kind of hold In the moment of hold release it is windows 7 delay and / or short freezing possible to hear click sounds almost mechanical noise coming out of the PC never experienced anything like that before it is constant and annoying Sometimes happens - times a day sometimes only once Apparently sometimes I even hear un-freezing click noise even when computer idles not being used Any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-delay-and-or-short-freezing-443724.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop wouldn't restart after I updated it and a hard disk error came up so I ran a hardware diagnostic test and it said the smart check passed but the short DST failed. I don't know what to do now.

A:Passed smart check but failed short DST hardware diagnostic

Did you do the extensive Test? If so, and you got the same response: Failed. I'm afraid, you might need a new Hard Drive. If your PC is under warranty, call HP Support, they will fix it, but you will have to send it to them.  If out of warranty, you will have to purchase a Hard Drive and replace it or have someone install it for you, like a computer technician. Hope I've been of some help, I'm not a computer expert,  but the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. HP Supporters are wonderful here. From what I've learned on here, I am just trying to help out another.  Hope it works out for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Passed-smart-check-but-failed-short-DST-hardware-diagnostic/td-p/5811590
Relevancy 54.18%

We have four computers, all Win7, connected to our home network, with an HSHomerun TV tuner.
On only one computer, the Media Center recordings are stopped after 9 to 19 minutes.
This has only been happening for about two weeks -- before that, recording on this computer was fine.
These are scheduled recordings, either via "Guide" or by "Channel and Time" scheduling, even in the middle of the night, when none of the other computers are on, so I see no way that it could be a tuner problem, but I could be wrong.
The recording starts out fine, then just stops after a few minutes.
The scheduled time can be from half an hour to three hours -- still only a few minutes are recorded.
I removed the Media Center, via Control Panel, and added it back, with no change.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I recently had a massive virus pack install onto my PC from a company that is actually legitimate so it was unexpected I followed the steps that I normally use to get rid of the malicious software and the using Explorer.exe after short all my time ram virus is supposedly gone but since then my explorer exe Explorer.exe using all my ram after short time has been using up all my CPU and all my RAM When I first start my Explorer.exe using all my ram after short time PC and I have nothing Explorer.exe using all my ram after short time running even after minutes my mem usage is up to - gb out my available After - minutes I no longer have any available ram as it is all being used by explorer exe even during idling I am using process explorer to get a better view of the problem so there is some information for you I recently had Microsoft security essentials but that is currently disabled as I know that it inteferes with a lot of the fix processes that are used If anyone can help me that would be brilliant When the system is using that much memory I am not able to get anything done the pc moves at a snails pace Thanks Bill

A:Explorer.exe using all my ram after short time

You can ask a moderator or admin to move this into the Virus Removal Help section, it would be more appropriate.

Mod Edit:  Moved to Am I Infected forum - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556498/explorerexe-using-all-my-ram-after-short-time/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

Was getting the following error: "Hardware ID Missing, Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the ATA Controller 0"

To date I have carried out the following actions with no success:

1. Removed DVD and re-connected
2. Deleted ATA Controller 0 in Manage Device Manager and rebooted
3. Installed the latest driver and rebooted
4. Removed all motherboard connections and re-connected
5. Purchased replacement DVD drive and replaced

The DVD opens/closes correctly. When I boot into BIOS the DVD is present but listed as this in the Boot Menu:

CD/DVD \S[TKozp)CLD^D_ \S-L>3:H(-(PM)

God only knows what that means, but could be a good clue!!!

If anyone could please help it would be appreciated, many thanks in advance..

Rik

System:

Toshiba Satellite P200D-128
Vista 32 Bit
2GB RAM
Processor AMD Turion 64x2

A:Hardware ID Missing fault with DVD drive, even when replaced DVD.

Try the following two Fix It tools.

Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212297-hardware-id-missing-fault-dvd-drive-even-when-replaced-dvd.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi folks My brother s computer recently bit the dust while he was at work much to my chagrin he leaves it hardware fault of BSODs assumed...? Variety - running almost continuously for no particularly reason Variety of BSODs - hardware fault assumed...? and in trying to fix it I ve uncovered various BSODs which come and go but invariably full XP refuses to load It dies either whilst loading or when you attempt to log in Safe mode boots but only after I already tinkered with a few things The spec is as follows Athlon FX GB RAM Leadtek GT GB Maxtor Asus A V Initially the computer wouldn t boot to XP at all but having disabled all but two of the USB ports underclocked the CPU multiplier to x and unplugged the DVD drive a CD writer remains safe mode now seems largely stable I was able to run a disk defrag but when networking is enabled it BSODs I ve run memtest and it comes up negative for errors I it continuously overnight and apparently no problems Some of the BSODs are NDIS sys nv mini sys USBPORT sys Haven t seen USBPORT sys since disabling most of the usbs and NDIS seems to be the most common cause combined with the added instability of network safe mode could the onboard LAN be at fault Otherwise I m suspicious it might be a PSU problem as this would explain the variety of errors and apparently unfaulty RAM Looking in the BIOS setup the VCORE seems to be fluctuating a little but having never checked before I don t know if this is normal The readings are as follows VCORE V -- gt V V -- gt V V -- gt Any suggestions as to how I might further test anything would be much appreciated Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi. Im having random freezing and the notebook stop to respond. Did the hardware test twicw quick and extend and these errors appeared ,"Short DST Failed: 0GC49F-64983J-QFPK1G-60X603" and "LONG DST FAILED: 0GC49F-64983J-QFPK1G-61FW03". Also the webcam stoped to work but i dont think it`related. What those errors mean?

A:Freezing issues - Long and short DST errors

DST [Disk Self Test] failure indicates that your hard drive will likely fail in the near future.You should back up any important files, create system recovery media and replace the hard drive with one the same size or larger than the original.   If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.          If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Freezing-issues-Long-and-short-DST-errors/td-p/5596442
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently added more RAM to my computer upgrading it to mb from I have noticed since then that Planetside and Warcraft both experience periodic freezing which occurs more and more the longer I play the games These quot freezes quot last for maybe - seconds but the sound in the games continues during this time Another thing that occurs is that the screen will turn black for a few seconds but sound will continue and the game will not freeze This happens more in Planetside than in Warcraft Here are my system specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name S Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model E- BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINNT DirectX Version DirectX a DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found DirectDraw test results All tests were successful Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- and for 3 short freezing Warcraft Planetside periods Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor GateWay FPD Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Planetside and Warcraft 3 freezing for short periods Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date Planetside and Warcraft 3 freezing for short periods bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- - D C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Planetside and Warcraft 3 freezing for short periods Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceT... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello.

I encountered several BSODs within days of each other. I don't play games or download anything on my PC. I just use it for surfing the net and general usage (mostly Office). I also technically faced a blue screen just 2 days ago. I clicked on a folder and suddenly my monitor flickered and I saw a flash of blue before it went black.

I am using Windows 7 32 bit.

I am not very tech savvy so I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Attached are the minidump files.

Thank you very much.

A:Several BSODs within short period of time

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800db97408, fffff8800db96c60, fffff880012ba9d7}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsTeardownStructures+77 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
As we can see a memory volume is corrupt somewhere, so lets see if we can track it down.

Can you try this please: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and resolve any file system structural corruption. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/345386-several-bsods-within-short-period-time.html
Relevancy 53.75%

So i turn my computer on and leave it for a few hours and the Ram fills up slowly over time (a few hours) it will get to around 4000MB and i cannot find the culprit, i have read many forums, tried a lot of different possible solutions but nothing seems to work.
Please help as it is killing my productivity and making it so i cant run the multiple programs i need open at the same time.

A:My Ram keeps filling up over a short amount of time, help please.

Looks like you have over 3 GB available when the pic was taken.

Shows us a screen shot of Task Manager performance tab

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/341365-my-ram-keeps-filling-up-over-short-amount-time-help-please.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I have share some idea for all over MS SQL server users now you don't worry about recovery of your SQL server database because free SQL server tool is here, which solve the corruption and deletion errors from MS SQL server. read more.... http://www.sqlrepair.org

The software support with all version of MS SQL server and MS windows operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-sql-database-in-short-time.1129001/
Relevancy 53.75%

hello i am having some problems with my new computer for system short a freezes time i just bought everything for my computer and at first my mobo had to be sent in because a pin was bent on the cpu when i got a new mobo back used thats when the problems started in my bios the temp for my cpu was c i tested my cpu at a diff mobo and it ran at c stress tested i shipped that mobo back an got another and again same problem after a weak but now it freeze hangs out of no where did some research an it is said to put the dram volt to instead of auto helped for system freezes for a short time a while an then started up again also the c cpu crap called MSI again an this time they gave me a upgrade of course its used right now i have the p a-gd instead of the gd the cpu isnt going up to c quot yet quot but it does say c and climes a bit then drops now i figure its because i took it out of a case when i shipped my other mobo id like this freezing to stop please it normally happens when i listen to music or use utorrent only for updates and upgrade here is my Stats System MOBO MSI P A-GD B CPU INTEL QUAD CORE I K GPU EVGA GEFORCE SC GTX PSU APEVIA W SLI amp CROSSFIRE READY RAM KINGSTON MHZ GB HARD DRIVE GB cpu temp in the OS never goes above c but in bios its c comp temp stays around c when i play bf i can run full settings but after a while and on certain servers my gun starts to glitche out disapears and reapears this is a brandnew computer built about a month ago i also noticed it lags when i use the net and do a quick search or have more than tab open at a time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-freezes-for-a-short-time.1035466/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I ve been trying for like a week to get my Wake-On-Wan working which I did but not to the fullest It s only working for a short time after I shut my computer off When Does It Work A few minutes max around minutes after shutting it off WOL and WAN works I ve tried from different networks even my cell phone When It Doesn t Work When the computer has been shut off for an hour or more My Settings Forwarding Ports X remote desktop Done and working correctly It s also done in my firewall Wake-On-Lan Enabled in BIOS couldn t see any power save feature Network Card Settings In the option below I have tried checked and unchecked and it still doesn t work After a few hours the light where the Ethernet On short only Wake a (WAN) Wan works for time. cable is connected is on but when I send the magick packet it doesn t turn the PC on Computer Details OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Wake On Wan (WAN) only works for a short time. Pack bit Motherboard Dell Inc Y MRG Latest BIOS Wake On Wan (WAN) only works for a short time. Update IP is the same I ll appreciate any help my plan was to actually write a tutorial on my blog but I cannot seem to get it to work so any help is appreciated Thank You nbsp

A:Wake On Wan (WAN) only works for a short time.

With my lack of knowledge on this subject the only possible help I can offer is the following clarifying question.

Does WOL also fail after the computer is off for an hour? If it does work then the problem seems to be lodged in the router, not the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wake-on-wan-wan-only-works-for-a-short-time.1069216/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

my internet keeps slowing down or cutting out regularly. its not noticeable whilst browsing the internet or talking over msn etc, but when playing online games or talking with voip the connection stops for around 2-5 seconds and then works again, and it happens about once every 30 seconds. using teamspeak it tells me i have 12% packetloss, which i suppose gives an idea of the problem. connection signal is almost on full aswell.

Im using a wireless BT Homehub with a belkin wireless G receiver which was 20.

Ive only just bought the belkin receiver so i can take it back and get a different one if necessary.

also, hardwiring my internet to the router isnt really an option because of a large distance between me and the router.

i dont know if this is an internet problem or a problem with the network,

any ideas would be appreciated

thanks, ollie.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Last night I received two BSOD within minutes of each other The first time it occurred I had a few programs open some pdfs photoshop etc but I wasn't actively using within a short 2 BSOD amount time of the computer I noticed the mouse pointer started to lack and a minute or two later it BSOD'd I was busy at the time so I didn't catch the error code minutes later after a restart and opening some of the same programs the BSOD re-occurred I restarted the computer once more kept the programs opened to a minimum and everything seemed to be okay Both times after the restart there was a screen mentioning Acer Ethernet port I didn't note down the exact wording sorry requesting that I insert a boot disk and not allowing me to continue Not having it I forced a restart and everything booted normally afterwards I attempted a System Restore but it froze on a black screen with just my cursor visible I left it overnight and it was still on the same screen so I forced a restart I've completed the System report etc and attached it My OS specs are Windows Home Premium x It is the originally installed OEM software Service Pack is installed 2 BSOD within a short amount of time My computer specs Acer Aspire Z Pentium R Dual Core CPU GHz GB RAM Please let me know if I've missed anything out Thank you

A:2 BSOD within a short amount of time

Software Concerns:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Glary Utilities
Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
Analysis:Crashes point to your Intel storage driver. Your Intel storage drivers are out of date.Go to Intel? Driver Update Utility,
run the utility,
click on the link for Chipset Family,
scroll down and select Standard Version.
There is a page that loads with information on other Intel drivers for your system including Intel storage drivers. You may have to let it load for 10-15 seconds before it displays your particular drivers link.
Go to that link, download the drivers, and install them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240206-2-bsod-within-short-amount-time.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,
I really your professional help now. Recently, I have justed upgrade my OS from Windows XP SP2 to Windows Vista Ultimate and everything seemed to work very well. However, there is one serious problem with my network connection that I cannot figure out.
In fact, I can only access to the Internet for the first few mintues after turning on the laptop (maximum 30 minutes) and then I cannot connect to the Internet no more. The Network Connection is still turned on. I can ping every single websites and even to my own router, I can log in Yahoo! Messenger but I cannot surf the web.
Please help me figuring out the problem, or I will have to reinstall the Windows XP again.

Many thanks in advance.

A:Vista cannot surf web after a short time

On the page that displays an Internet Explorer error message, did you click the Diagnose Connection Problems link?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-cannot-surf-web-after-a-short-time.673097/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there I recently upgraded my computer to the following parts Intel i k Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gen Corsair Vengeance mhz DDR GB in BSODs time Multiple short x Asus GeForce DirectCU II Additionally Multiple BSODs in short time my old parts were reused Cooler Master M PSU Multiple BSODs in short time x various rpm hdds I installed a fresh install of Win x Ultimate got all drivers in Multiple BSODs in short time place latest from Asus com then went to restart the pc by request from Windows Update As it shut down I got an BSOD Started up the computer again tried to run a game BAM BSOD Went on and tried to figure out why I got them so I ended up doing a Prime test It lasted seconds before I got another BSOD Note that all were different BSODs as you can see in the screenshot following I have not touched anything that has to do with OC yet as I want to assure that all parts are working Here is a screen of voltages temps from AI Suite II CPU-Z aswell the BSOD dumps http i imgur com NxpLY png Please help me fix this

A:Multiple BSODs in short time

Ran Prime95 again, stopped before anything happened, got the following right off the bat:

Test 1, 6500 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M12451841 using Pentium4 type-2 FFT length 640K, Pass1=640, Pass2=1K

Worker 1, 3 and 4 stopped right away, all giving this error:
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-bsods-in-short-time-626739.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey this is my first time posting here but I'm familiar with BSOD's fault. hardware during Windows bootup, suspecting forums and such Well I might as well describe my problem I have a HP Pavilion dv ca laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium CPU AMD Turion X GHz Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go M RAM Gb DDR Well Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault. this all started out a few weeks ago I was busy doing my normal stuff browsing the web talking to my friends on Skype and listening to music in iTunes when I get a notification for an update to bring iTunes up to I did the update and the process went smoothly But then things started to go horribly wrong for me During the reboot sequence Vista blue screened and went into autorestart Unfortunately I was unable to make out what the message said During POST everything was fine but when Vista tried to boot up I chose start Windows Normally when it gave me the option to it blue screened yet again during this bootup and restarted So in a rut I quickly hit f and managed to get into boot options Naturally I tried to get into safe mode BUT that's when things started to get weird It tried to boot but I got absolutely no GUI at all Explorer exe somehow didn't load up properly or anything My mouse was working as the pointer was up and I could move it around and everything but behind it was just a black screen Nothing else at all Frustrated I hard rebooted and did a system restore BUT during the restore I chose a restore point that was set the day before it gave me a message saying that the restore point could not be used please use another one That was an odd one So I fiddled around with the different restore points until I found a good one that was set before the iTunes install But then this is when things got really weird Windows finally managed to boot properly and I could get into my desktop But then I noticed that the internet wasn't connecting I tried to connect manually but Windows kept saying that the dependency group service could not be started This was getting a little odd So I tried to start it manually by going into My Computer BUT when I tried to do that Windows told me that it couldn't start it up at all and then afterwards I got BSOD' yet again Frustrated and going through a horrible anxiety attack my schoolwork and personal files are on this laptop here and I'm not one for backing up on a regular basis I tried doing another system restore THIS time it seemed to have worked out ok cause now the services had managed to get working again I'm typing this up right now on said laptop because everything's stable at the moment However I'm suspecting that Windows won't boot up right if I do a restart and go through the whole cycle yet again leaving me in an anxious mess Since I have no idea where the BSOD report dump is I checked the reliability monitor and it gave me this http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part So finally my question is what just happened How did iTunes do this DID iTunes do this Is my computer still properly stable Is a Vista reinstall in my future I need some help making sense out of my situation I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this

A:Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

UPDATE: A friend of mine that's CompTIA A+ Certified took a look at the computer finally and ran some memtests; turns out that there was a bad stick of RAM that was doing this. I'm grabbing another 1 gig stick during the weekend, so that'll be fine now.

This topic can now be closed. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-bsods-during-bootup-suspecting-hardware-fault-309627.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an HP 8100 elite that keeps bsod. i ran the driver verifier and attached are the zipped results.

How to I read the log files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-hardware-fault-driver-verifier-run-588143.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I ve been really suffering and cursing my laptop When I attach an external monitor under + fault this atikmdag I covered - am software or is hardware? warranty? it will work fine - for a while And then it will just crash If I don t yank out the external monitor cable in time - I see the dreaded bluescreen of atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? death Today the same thing happened - but I noticed in the bubble from system tray mention atikmdag I googled and it atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? seems I am not alone - atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? there are millions and billions of people suffering from the same problem The thing is tooo much information I couldn t figure out head or tail of what exactly the cause and solution was Many links say that it could be based on a zillion different thing and to each of these there are different solutions Firstly is it hardware or software Secondly can I make a claim against my warranty I have a Dell laptop and am years into a year warranty - so I m still covered I would add I have updated the latest graphics driver from Dell - doesn t solve problem And also I thought I d mention I rebuild my laptop every days and make sure all Windows and Virus updates are in place - so it ALWAYS is a fresh new laptop - just mentioning this to dismiss the fact that it could be a Windows problem Any replies would be great Thanks OM nbsp

A:atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty?

The ATI driver that is being blamed in the error pop up is for your graphics card but it could mean that your card is failing.

When you say "I rebuild my laptop every 30 days" what exactly do you do and what software are you using.

Windows and all Anti Virus software can be set to automatically update so you should not need to check either of them.

Follow this to post a few of the latest minidumps from the BSOD's so they can be analysed.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmdag-fault-is-this-software-or-hardware-am-i-covered-under-warranty.1007508/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I've installed Windows Ultimate bit on a HP Pavilion Laptop model dv eu by backing up my work and formatting the HDD The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to get the Nvidia Graphics driver to work I downloaded the most recent driver for the Nvidia Geforce Go from Nvidia site and I get the blue screen so I have now uninstalled the driver and gone back to standard VGA I have also searched this forum and I came across the following thread which assisted Geforce fault? Hardware 7600 re Software Go or Nvidia me in the past with a Sony Vaio laptop NVIDIA Driver - Convert from Desktop to Mobile Laptop I followed the instructions outlined but I still get a blue screen on this HP laptop I also get red green vertical lines on the boot Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 screen but it goes away when the quot Starting quot graphic appears with the windows logo I can still log into windows using the Standard VGA driver which windows installs but I would like to get the Nvidia driver to work I think there is a physical problem with the Graphics card but then why am I able to login to Windows Can anyone advise please Thanks in advance

A:Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600

I have a dv9720us and it has the Geforce 7150M/nforce 630M graphics using version 179.67 for windows Vista 64 bit drivers, because the Windows 7 64 bit are beta.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/151735-hardware-software-fault-re-nvidia-geforce-go-7600-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i'm having trouble with a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. when i try to start it, i get a blue screen with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", etc.

i can't get it to boot fully to a desktop screen in normal mode or in safe mode. so i dont have a HJT log or any other log. is it possible this is a malware/trojan issue or is it a RAM problem?

i am able to get to the windows log-in box but then it briefly (1 or 2 seconds) shows the desktop and i get the error message above.

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-or-hardware-problem-page-fault-nonpaged.790558/
Relevancy 53.32%

This crash started out of the blue for no apparent reason I generally find that leaving one side of my case open helps to keep my PC freezes/crashes) WHEA-Logger Hardware fault (W7 cooler than when the case is WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault closed and sealed I have the case closed atm I did have a noisy PSU which was slightly respositioned but other than this I am sure nothing else could be the cause The only thing I did with the PSU was to adjust the casing screws so it no longer vibrated And I do have my doubts about the PSU being at fault here This error crash has only showed up months later after adjusting the PSU If the problem consists and no one here is able to help resolve this then I will go back to Vista Ultimate and see if the problems showup there Also FYI this PC has never had nor ever will be overclocked Copied from Event Viewer Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Log nbsp Name span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB System br Source span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color - span span style color BB Windows span span style color - span span style color BB WHEA span span style color - span span style color BB Logger br Date span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB br Event nbsp ID span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br Task nbsp Category span span style color nbsp span span style color BB None br Level span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Error br Keywords span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br span span style color BB User span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB LOCAL nbsp SERVICE br Computer span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - span span style color BB office span span style color - span span style color BB PC br Description span span style color br span span style color BB A nbsp fatal nbsp hardware nbsp error nbsp has nbsp occurred span span style color br span span style color BB Reported nbsp by nbsp component span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Processor nbsp Core br Error nbsp Source span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Machine nbsp Check nbsp Exception br Error nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Internal nbsp Timer nbsp Error br Processor nbsp ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br The nbsp details nbsp view nbsp of nbsp this nbsp entry nbsp contains nbsp further nbsp information span span style color br span span style color BB Event nbsp Xml span span style color br lt span span style color BB Event nbsp xmlns span span style color span span style color DD http schemas microsoft com win events event span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB System span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Provider nbsp Name span span style color span span style color DD Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger nbsp span span style color BB Guid span span style color span span style color DD C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED nbsp span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Level span span style color gt sp... Read more

A:WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault

Please read this article: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

In particular, test your RAM, Video card, and make sure your temps are okay using Speedfan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85976-whea-logger-w7-freezes-crashes-hardware-fault.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Good evening gents and lasses;

I am attempting to remove "Speedscan Pro" by Ascentive software from my sister's computer (naughty bugger she.) Scant info available at this time. She is running windows xp. What do y'all need to see?

badness

A:NOT my fault this time...

Hijack This (or that) log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:35:51 PM, on 11/27/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton PC Checkup\executables\mrHealthy\MrHealthy.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files\Ascentive\Performance Center\ApcMain.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclUSBSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclRSSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Product Assistant\bin\hprblog.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\Ad-AwareInstallation.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\mia15F.tmp\Ad-AwareInstallation.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.15642\swg.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-my-fault-this-time.881007/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a home server running Windows Ultimate x on a PC with after time. of down period NIC slows its speed short an Asus P N-D motherboard nVidia i SLI chipset nForce NIC We have around TB of hard drives connected to it and all are in RAID two TB TB arrays with Seagate Green drives and one TB TB array with Seagate NIC slows its speed down after short period of time. drives Randomly it NIC slows its speed down after short period of time. will decide to slow down from gigabit to mbps My router shows gigabit as orange and mbps as green That's very unfortunate for us seeing as we transfer hundreds of gigs of data through it regularly If I unplug the cable from my router Netgear N DR DD-WRT v -sp st and immediately reconnect it it goes back to gigabit The light also switches from green mbps to orange gigabit Here is a screenshot of my advanced network settings box And here are the settings I have selected Network Address Not Present Priority and VLAN Priority Enabled Speed duplex settings Auto Negotiation VLAN ID EVERYTHING else is set to Disable Under Power Management quot Allow turn off to save power quot is unchecked Any help I'd rather it stay in gigabit mode Thanks

A:NIC slows its speed down after short period of time.

Hi YoMaMMa186, welcome to seven forums. Have you got the latest nvidia drivers for your board :- NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.57 WHQL If not try an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177264-nic-slows-its-speed-down-after-short-period-time.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello recently my laptop Dell Inspiron running WinXP Media Edition s been failing it freezes anywhere from ten seconds to five minutes after I log in I m unable to install an antivirus because the laptop freezes during installation Safe Mode seems to be well safer although even so it has frozen I m unable to install the antivirus Kaspersky in Safe Mode because Windows Installer is disabled and none of the of short freezes Laptop after a time period solutions I ve found Laptop freezes after a short period of time online seem to do the trick And I suspect that even if i could get the installer to work it d freeze halfway through anyway I have no idea what s causing the freezing it might not even be a virus at all I ve noticed that the laptop always freezes at the quot Copying new files quot stage of the Kaspersky installation although whether that has something to do with my own timing or that procedure I can t guess Also the time that the computer did freeze in Safe Mode I was attempting to rename a file The computer is completely frozen Num Lock Scroll Lock can t be activated deactivated the mouse doesn t move etc I can t even shut down without either pulling the plug out or holding onto the power button nbsp

A:Laptop freezes after a short period of time

That model has been out for about three years? How long have you had your Inspiron 6400?

We need to know the configuration, including hard drive size, brand, free space, as well as memory installed.

It could be that the CPU cooling is too full of dust, hair, fiber, etc. to cool adequately... or that the hard drive is failing, or that you have inadequate memory. But it could simply be an infestation that needs to be cleaned out.

Have you tried re-enabling Windows Installer? Have you attempted to use MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, ComboFix, Windows Defender, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, or other top-flite spyware detectors and removers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-after-a-short-period-of-time.135743/
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop is shutting down after a short period of time.  This started about two months after installing windows 10.   I checked my settings and they are what I want so resetting them probably won't help.  I saw an answer to this problem that read as follows:   What does "remove the tick from the box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen'." mean?   I don't see a box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen' with a tick. Open windows Control Panel, open Personalization, click the Screen Saver link in the bottom right and in the following window adjust the 'Wait' time to a more acceptable figure and remove the tick from the box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen'.  Click Apply, then Ok to save this setting. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-shuts-down-after-short-period-of-time/td-p/5730307
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello quick thing hopefully The computer in our technician s office was running slow weeks ago she installed a spybot and adaware type program i gave them to her a while ago so they were clean not much going on a few cookies and such then a week later she started to get a lot of freezing to black screen and some just freezing on the current screen it normally happens after a few minutes and there doesnt seem to be anything that triggers it I was able to recover and mail myself the log file windows short xp up for screen black time then from hijackthis but dont see anything suspicous do any of you have any suggestions for what may be wrong thanks so much for anyone who can help I appreciate it cheers log file below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system userinit exe C windows xp up for short time then black screen WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C windows xp up for short time then black screen Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C windows xp up for short time then black screen Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Documents and Settings Jill Desktop HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System imapi exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http education dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http education dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http education dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http education dellnet com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler c Corel Office Shared QFinder QFSCHED EXE O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Program Files Quicken bagent exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item am... Read more

A:windows xp up for short time then black screen

I have more problems, new post...
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=3171538#post3171538
send help...fading fast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-up-for-short-time-then-black-screen.420930/
Relevancy 52.89%

Please help me with my BSOD issues. Here is what you asked for. Thanks in advance!

? OS - Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

?What was original installed OS on system? - brand new build, finished 2 days ago

? OEM version or full retail version? -full retail version

? Age of system - 3 days old

? Age of OS installation - 3 days

? CPU - intel core i7 920

? Video Card - ATI radeon hd 5750 (visiontek)

? MotherBoard - asus p6x58d premium

? Power Supply - corsair 750tx

A:BSOD after playing WOW for a short period of time

Any ideas or do I need to post this elsewhere? The system seems fine until playing WoW anywhere between 15-60 mins of play time...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-playing-wow-for-a-short-period-of-time-472366.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Is there a way to cut the "time" function from the "Short Date" format? When I set up a table export the 00:00:00 keeps showing up next to the dates. I can move the column demarcation lines (fixed width markers) to drop the zeros but get the "export errors" message.

Relevancy 52.89%

I'm new to this forum- thanks to all who provide assistance.

I have a 6 computer network- All XP Pro except one Win 98 holdout. Linksys G broadband router, all wired LAN except laptop- wireless.

Just purchased new Dell Vostro (XP Pro) desktop, wired. used HP Install Network Printer Wizard to connect to HP LaserJet 4050TN. Been using this forever with all computers, never any problems.

Now, only with new Dell box, suddenly cannot print. Can see the printer listed, but will not print. Can print from any other computer on network. Have to run install wizard every 2-3 hours. I wind up with multiple copies of the printer installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
sirhenry

A:HP network printer drops after short time

How is the laserjet connected to the PCs. Is it connected through USB or Ethernet?
And do the other pinters print to it by IP or hostname, or is it shared of one of the PCs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-network-printer-drops-after-short-time.680138/