Windows Support Forum

little window appears on start up{red cross}

Q: little window appears on start up{red cross}

When I turn on my computer a little window{1&half inches} appears with a red circle with a cross through it and my computer makes those nasty noises.The box just shows the sign and has and ok box and thats it.Can anyone tell me what it means and if I have to do anything.thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: little window appears on start up{red cross}

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.52%

I posted before regarding this problem with a different title to the thread.

I was running with Vista 32 bit on my PC and bought a Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade and installed. But annoyingly the explorer window appears at each start up. I have tried re-installing several times but with no change.

Now in retrospect, all I have to do is click 'X' and it goes. But it is annoying and if anyone can help stop it appearing it would be appreciated.

Bear in mind I am pretty much a novice in computer terms and any fixes can you keep it basic.

regards and thanks

Johnston.

A:Help. Explorer window appears at start up.

Hey John.

Press start, and type msconfig. This will bring up the startup menu where you can enable or disable startup services. If you look through the tabs, is there any place where it starts an explorer window? If you check "Safe Startup" on the main screen and reboot, does it still happen?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/38535-help-explorer-window-appears-start-up.html
Relevancy 69.66%

After I sign in to open my computer when I try to at Pop-Up Up Appears Error Numerous Window Start open Yahoo or Google a pop-up Error box opens stating quot IM FAX DIL not found quot when I press okay a nd window opens Numerous Error Pop-Up Window Appears at Start Up up saying quot Please wait while Windows Installer configures a spare back up quot at this point another window opens up and says quot The features you are trying to use is on a network resource unavailable and then said click okay to try again or enter an altenate path to a folder containing the installation package Spare BackUp msi in the box below then when that doesn t work and I close the bos out another pop-up opens saying ERROR then says quot No valid source could be found for product Spare Backup Windows Installer cannot continue Make a long story short Its tireing closing these pop-ups all day I tried twice to restore my system but the restore point only went back a week honestly I wish I could just restore my computer to the day that I bought it I have nothing for documents is there are way to remove these pop-ups or can I wipe out ever thing then reload all the back up disk Thanks John nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi ~

I have a friend who, when she boots up each time, the Start Menu window appears on her desktop. How would she fix this problem? It is the actual window that has the Start Menu in it.

Thanks ~ Jody

Relevancy 69.66%

I have Windows 7 -

When I try to open a folder in opens on the task bar but not no window opens.
Any suggestions?

Regards
Dave

A:Folders open in on start bar but no window appears.

Hello Dave, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The folder window (Windows Explorer) may be offscreen. You might see if you may be able to use the tutorial below to get it back onscreen to the desktop if that it the case.

Offscreen Window - Move Back to Desktop

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208607-folders-open-start-bar-but-no-window-appears.html
Relevancy 68.8%

when I start or restart my computer I get a window that says Phoenix ROM BIOS Plus Version A Copyright - Phonix Technolgies LTD stop a Solved: start/restart? appears how to on Window that Copyright - Dell Computer Corporation All Rights Reserved Dell System Solved: how to stop a Window that appears on start/restart? Dimension Series BIOS version A www dell com Primary drive not found Secoundary drive not found Strike the F key to continue F key to run the set up utility I get this window screen every time I start or restart my computer Lately I got a GB PC stick of RAM and put it in in place of one of the MB PC sticks The system did not reconize the new stick even though the owners manual said that the maximum for this system is GB In another area it said the maximum is GB I assume that the system maximum is GB not GB I reinstalled the MB and my syatem tells me that I have GB of RAM back to what I use to have When I start restart the machine I have to press the F key to start it and I never use to have to do anything but tun the machine on to start it or after the machine is running to click on the Start Button and then select Restart Now after I tried to upgrade my RAM memory I am getting this irritating window that I never use to get Some setting must have changed and I haven t spotted it in the set up screen Anyone got any good ideas nbsp

A:Solved: how to stop a Window that appears on start/restart?

Go back to the manual what type of ram does your mother board take?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-stop-a-window-that-appears-on-start-restart.850011/
Relevancy 68.8%

Dear Staff Member I think I have been infected in a major way it is awful and I have made even more awful mistakes trying to figure this out I A appears allow run/start any not does to Working" window "Stopped program and have noticed three major problems so far This happened last week I watched a film online last Thursday night and right after the end my computer shut down on its own which it never had done before So then I started it up again to make sure A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program nothing was wrong and it started fine so I thought it was ok and I shut it down Then on Friday A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program morning is when I noticed there was something wrong details which I am listing below I must also confess I tried to figure this out on my own by looking up online for some of the words that were coming up as errors in my system So this is how I got to a link on bleepingcomputer com where someone was posting about something similar and I thought it was close enough to follow the same instructions I know it was a major dumb mistake I know now and A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program hope I have not ruined my computer The initial link that I followed is this http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic htmlBut what I ended up doing on my own is this I did System Restore I downloaded TDSSkiller launched it clicked on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system and ran a scan then I did this on it I Rootkit boot pihar - CURED it and TDSSfilesystem - DELETED it I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware launched it and ran a scan and then I did this on it selected all infections and DELETED them I must also mention that the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software I downloaded is gone I don t know how this happened but neither the link is on the desktop nor the program itself is in my installed uninstalled programs in the systemNonetheless this is how I found about you guys in the end and am now trying to figure things out by starting from scratch hopefully it s not too late I had actually started a topic on Friday on the Operating Systems forum for Vista and this is the link I started http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html But after reading what the moderator was advicing me to do I thought it is best to start this as a new topic in this forum Pardon me if this is another unethical thing to do but I am a new user and am getting just now acquainted with Bleeping Computer Okay and now to the relevant details My system I have a DellInspiron Pentium reg Dual-Core CPU T GHz GHz GB -bit Operating SystemProblem I am getting this small window when I start my computer and it does not allow anything to start I have gotten various window messages this time around I wrote down which ones Microsoft Windows quot Div X Update Has Stopped Working quot quot Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher Has Stopped Working quot quot Google Installer Has Stopped Working quot quot Skype Has Stopped Working quot quot Microsoft Word Has Stopped Working quot quot Power Point Has Stopped Working quot Then for each one it tells me it is going to close the program and that Microsot Windows will let me know if a solution is found Problem Every time I am researching for something on Google now and if I try to follow a link it is always re-directing me to what seems to be another search engine Here is an example of something I just tried looking up on Google I typed in the word etnogastronomy and upon following the first link here is what I got http search web etnogastronomy C ecn - v So this is somewhat obstructive since I now cannot research anything If I do have a URL address is fine it takes me to that site but if I am looking for a site to which I do not have their URL and I try linking up to it from Google this is when it re-directs me to something else Problem Finally with all of this my computer see... Read more

A:A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program

Boot the PC into safemode with networkingDownload UNHIDERun it as administrator-this should restore your hidden filesDownloadhttp://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.htmlInstall,update and run a full scan Click on SHOW results.Select all infections and remove itReboot the PC and scan MBAM once in regular mode until you get a clean logDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your replyIf you still have startup errors,then you may need to reinstall applications(you should not have done system restore)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456863/a-stopped-working-window-appears-and-does-not-allow-to-runstart-any-program/
Relevancy 68.8%

Had, and still have installed in machine, an SSD with Windows 7 as OS
Had, and still have, a Western Digital 2 TB external HD attached. It was used as back up for the original set up. This also has the Smart Ware software installed but which I have not used.

Tried a dual boot on a new SSD using Windows 8.1 recently but turned out ot be a pain so I simply installed 8.1 on new disk.

The problem-

When I boot and Windows 8.1 starts, window showing the external hard drive and contents appears. Annoying. How can I stop this?

I am planning to reformat this external storage and redo the back up using the new 8.1 OS and current content of the my other HDD containing our data, will this likely stop the "pop-up" on start?
Thank you for any assistance or ideas.

A:Window of hard drive appears on boot and start

Hello and welcome to Eightforums ,if I understand you issue correctly ,I think if you go to control panel/auto play /removable drives and check of take no action it might get rid of it .good luck

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38882-window-hard-drive-appears-boot-start.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Dear Staff Member,

I am getting this small window when I start my computer and it does not allow anything to start. I get various window messages, this time around I wrote down which ones:

"Div X Update Has Stopped Working"
"Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher Has Stopped Working"
"Google Installer Has Stopped Working"
"Skype Has Stopped Working"

And I tried running a couple of file on Word and Power Point and the samething happened not allowing them to open.

Can you please help me?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Souschefie

A:A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program

Do you have an updated AV program installed? Last time you ran a scan of the system?

Have you tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration?

Tried safe mode?

How long has this problem existed on this system? When is last time all was OK with system?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456452/a-stopped-working-window-appears-and-does-not-allow-to-runstart-any-program/
Relevancy 64.5%

hey everyone, well the title says it all really. up until a couple od days ago i regularly visited littlewoods.com, additionsdirect.co.uk and greatuniversal.com and the pictures loaded up fine. but now all the appears next to the description is a tiny box with a little red cross in it, and it is driving me crazy! youtube won't work either, same problem. I have a flash player and it is installed, so it is not that. whatever could it be? any ideas? any help appreciated. emma

A:Thumbnails won't load up on catalogue websites - little red cross appears

i am having the same problem as well with the littlewoods site..it is driving me nuts..please help....sue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/thumbnails-wont-load-up-on-catalogue-websites-little-red-cross-appears-224333.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey, I've just got a virus on my computer by going to a website which is a forum, or by downloading a cartoon video "family guy", but this video is avi, once the show starts, my computer started to lag by alot, and now my taskbar disappear and sometimes my wallpaper too, it kept on coming back and off, back and off. And recently i've turned off my firewall, sigh, i've tried to scan the viruses and remove them, but it seemed like it doesn't work. If you know how to fix this, please tell me, because i have alot of informations in there! thanks you so much!!

A:Nothing appears on my window!

Well the problems obviously that you were trying to download pirated materials. Anyway you're in the wrong forum, go to the virus help forum.

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nothing-appears-on-my-window-325843.html
Relevancy 53.32%

An exception occurred while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup Anyone know how to fix this? It's on my old Pc and Laptop.

Kris.

A:Rundll White cross start up error.

Hi have you run sfc /scannow Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rundll-white-cross-start-up-error-810514.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello All,
I was wondering how to add the applications appearing on Windows 10 Start Menu to Windows Start Screen, that too in a specific location on the start screen, with a specific tile size and under a specific application group? Do you think it's feasible? I know it's easily done interactively by right clicking the start menu app and pinning it to Start but this has to done for the enterprise users so would like to see if the task could be accomplished using a GPO or Script.
Kind Regards,
sK

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/32193-create-start-screen-tiles-applications-appears-start-menu.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i'm running Vista with SymantecAntiVirus v As soon as i log on I get a pop-up window Auto-ProtectResults which pops up telling me I have a Bloodhound Exploit Risk I window on Norton as appears pop-up as log i soon googled this which led me to the symantec web site where I was Norton pop-up window appears as soon as i log on advised todo the following - Disable System Restore Windows Me XP - Update the virus definitions - Run a full system scan I have completed this task but it doesn't resolve the problem I'm hoping that one of you guys might be able to help me thanks DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by PC at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Symantec AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C AV ESET Smart Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C SP ESET Smart Security enabled Updated E E D - - B -A D -D D C BB SP Symantec AntiVirus enabled Updated C A -B D- D B-AF - A A SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF FW Zapora osobista enabled E E D - - - A -A B F C FFE Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system stacsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Gadu-Gadu gg exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavUI exe C Users PC Desktop dds scr C Windows system conime exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www onet eu mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll uRun Gadu-Gadu quot c program files gadu-gadu gg exe quot tray uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil d exe mRun NvSvc RUNDLL EXE c windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exe mRun egui quot c program files eset eset smart security egui exe quot hide waitservice mRun WinampAgent quot c program files winamp winampa ... Read more

A:Norton pop-up window appears as soon as i log on

Quote:

NOD32 v3.0.642 FiX1.2 by TemDono (31 days remaining forever up

This is the main reason your computer is infected. Visiting cracksites/warezsites - and other questionable/illegal sites is always a risk.

Even a single click on the site can drop multiple forms of very serious malware, many of which disable your onboard protection, and System Restore.

If you install the cracked software, you are running executable files from these dubious, unknown sources. You are in effect giving these sources access to information on your hard disk, and potential control over the operation of your computer.

Additionally, cracked programs are illegal. Before posting for help, uninstall any such applications.

Referring to the Forum Rules which you should have read at the time of Registering at this forum, TSF does not support illegal activity. As such, be advised that any request for assistance in removing malware may go unanswered, or may be discontinued, if the cracked (illegal) software is still present on the machine.

In 2006, a study revealed that 59% of keygens and crack tools downloaded from peer-to-peer networks contained malicious or "unwanted" software.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/norton-pop-up-window-appears-as-soon-as-i-log-on-462729.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi. The title says it, I think. After the black window disappears, nothing appears or happens, even though I'll wait for up to fifteen minutes.

A:DDS.scr Starting Window Appears Then Nothing

Hello,

Download rsit.exe and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run it.
Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
If you do not see the info.txt you can find it in the C:\rsit folder. Please attach that .txt

I still need a gmer scan. Are you having any trouble with that one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/dds-scr-starting-window-appears-then-nothing-496146.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am not sure what the window is called it's the one that pops up when you hit alt tab and allows you to scroll between open top level programs The Alt Tab window suddenly appears and scrolls rapidly between all the open programs I can access the task bar and open more pinned programs I can launch the task manager but I am unable suddenly appears... ALT, TAB window to close ALT, TAB window suddenly appears... any programs nor do a graceful shutdown of the pc I have scanned the event viewer and see the errors that resulted from a hard power down but nothing in the log that would point the problem There appears to be no particular sequence of open programs that cause the problems it happens when I am typing in a document editing an image or simply viewing a web page The problem existed before I upgraded to Win from WinVista Frankly it was one of the major reasons I did the upgrade Given the subject of this posting I don't even know the correct nomenclature of the problem subsequently my online searches have been futile Any info i e what do I call the problem would be greatly appreciated Dan

A:ALT, TAB window suddenly appears...

Since this is a long term problem, I would tend to suspect the keyboard. Check for stuck keys, and if that doesn't cure the problem, try a different keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/57885-alt-tab-window-suddenly-appears.html
Relevancy 53.32%

A strange window appears most times but not necessarily always whenever I boot my PC up You can view a picture of the window at the following URL http tinyurl com d ydoThis window appears after Microsofts welcome splash screen but BEFORE the logon screen The logon screen appears if I as the administrator set up another account say for a guest window this idea why appears.....? Any But most of the time I am the only user and hence there is no logon screen as I turn off the guest account The ONLY way I can get rid of this window is to click the OK button that appears in the window Once I do click OK the window goes away and the desktop with my icons appears and all is well In some of the forums I have posted about this problem I was told that it could be an empty LegalNoticeCaption window However deleting these string values in the Registry did not help solve the problem Taking a look at Start Up did not reveal anything unusual either I have MS antispyware beta Spybot S amp D Adaware SE professional and Nod antivirus loaded on my Intel P gHz Gb Ram computer The PC Any idea why this window appears.....? is uses Windows XP professional But for this pesky window the PC runs fine Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated Thanks and regards

A:Any idea why this window appears.....?

I have MS' antispyware beta, Spybot S&D, Adaware SE professional and Nod32 antivirus loadedSo did you run a scan with these programs? You said that they are on your computer. Are they ALL updated with the latest detection updates, and have you run a full scan with each of them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27007/any-idea-why-this-window-appears/
Relevancy 53.32%

I think the title says it all

What to do if a questionable pop up window appears?

For example, if I'm doing some research on Google and I start clicking on many sites. Some of them will obviously be safe, but I might go on a not-so-great site and get a pop up window telling me to download an antispyware program (like Antivirus 2009 ). I've read somewhere that even if I click on the "X" to close the window, it might be too late. Would "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" be a good idea?

A:What to do if a questionable pop up window appears?

That is the better option. Ctrl Alt Del. the X is probably too late. I would still scan my PC.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193274/what-to-do-if-a-questionable-pop-up-window-appears/
Relevancy 53.32%

hey there seems really lame considering i thought i knew a fair bit about windows but ever since i changed the DPI setting text appears outside the window which is a real pain because im trying to train dragon naturally speak and i cant complete it or even see all the buttons as they appear somewhere outside the window , any help you guys could give as to correcting this problem would be muchos appreciated.

many thanks, the pooomonkey

A:Text appears outside of the window

Hi and welcome. Change the DPI settings back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/text-appears-outside-of-the-window.502557/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have IE and run Windows Vista Home Basic SP Like many others at appears Serial99.com of window every IE top I was infected by quot Serial quot which gave all sorts of grief I have Serial99.com appears at top of every IE window now got rid of it completely EXCEPT that whenever I open an IE window at the very top above the URL quot box quot the IE logo at the top left corner is followed by the name of the web page to which the URL refers as is normal and then quot - Serial com quot For example as my home page is Google above the box containing the Google URL instead of the IE logo followed by the word quot Google quot I get the IE logo followed by quot Google - Serial com quot This only happens with IE not with other browsers such as Firefox I can't say it's a major problem because nothing goes wrong but I do find it very irritating Any suggestions for getting rid of the offending extra words Thanks

A:Serial99.com appears at top of every IE window

follow the instructions listed below:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

If you have difficulty with any of the listed steps, move on to the next one, and make note of the issue in your reply.

Be sure to reach Step 5 and post these requested logs in the Hijackthis help forum

Panda results (attached)
HijackThis log

Note: The HijackThis Log Help Forum is extremely busy, and it may take some time before you receive a reply from the security area. Please be patient.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/serial99-com-appears-at-top-of-every-ie-window-293315.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Well, this only started recently. Apparently, I somehow messed up my computer and now I am loaded with annoying pop-ups. However, that is not what I am posting about. Lately, I have been getting this window saying:

Buffer overrun detected!

Program D:/WINDOWS/explorer.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

This is the first time I have seen such a window in my life, and I don't really know what to do about it. Also, after I click "ok," explorer just restarts. Thanks in advance.

A:Strange window appears.

That problem might very well be related to your popup problem, so first thing is to get rid of that malware.

Follow the HJT - 5 steps against malware link in my sig, go through the whole 5 steps, then if you're still having problems, post your HJT log in the HijackThis section of the forum and not here. Security techs will look it over.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-window-appears-153483.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Switched to the XP-ish Classic Start Menu, plus Adjust for Best Performance, in the usual prescribed way, no third-party interface-modifiers. All looks & works fine except that the Start button itself looks like TWO buttons -- one atop the other and just slightly out of alignment (screenshot here).

Nothing?s malfunctioning, but it sure looks silly. I haven?t done anything unusual, apart from docking the taskbar on the right side of the screen. What could be causing this, and how can I un-cause it? Would Classic Shell fix this?

Grateful for any clues.

A:Classic Start Menu: Start Button appears doubled

Which classic start menu software are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/183732-classic-start-menu-start-button-appears-doubled.html
Relevancy 52.46%

For a couple of weeks, a mystery window has been appearing on my screen, and immediately closing again before I can identify it. I haven't been able to discern a pattern to it yet.

I've scanned my computer with MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes, and it's come up clean - doesn't look like malware. But I'd like to identify the program and deal with whatever it's trying to tell me. Any idea how to go about this?

I'm using an up-to-date copy of Win7 Pro.

Thanks!

A:Identifying window that closes as soon as it appears

Welcome to Seven Forums rschaefe. Does this window flash reliably? That is, can you expect it to flash within a certain time period, or when performing certain steps? It's possible you may be able to capture it using the Problem Steps recorder.

Problem Steps Recorder

The only other thing I can think of is a scheduled scanner task perhaps. Like an end to a Windows Defender scan for instance, which might conceivably flash a window quickly, but would create a log file with a time stamp that would correspond to the time period of the flash I believe. Another possibility would be event viewer event at the time the flash occurred.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254349-identifying-window-closes-soon-appears.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Every few minutes a rectangular window pops up with the title of REMINDER (full date and time) Below is the Heading "This page cannot be found...followed by al the things that might cause it if you were in IE. At the bottom are two lines in smaller font: Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

There is no way to close the window - no buttons at top, etc. Only way to close is to use CTRL/ALT/DEL The "program" is called REMINDER.

Where does this come from? All Google references are to its appearing while using IE if connection to web is broken, etc.

A:"REMINDER: Window appears when not using IE

spyware/malware. search this forum on security.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reminder-window-appears-when-not-using-ie-345097.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All I have very worrying issue and having tried using Trend Micro and AVG Spyware I am No Appears Reason For Ntvdm Window not closer to finding the issue Basically I get the following window appearing even when the PC is in idle state I really would appreciate if someone could scan through the log file below and let me know if there is someting on my PC that should not be Ntvdm Window Appears For No Reason there and then how i might remove it Thanks in advanced Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system csrss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT System SCardSvr exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exeC WINNT system IFXSPMGT exeC WINNT system IFXTCS exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Danware Data NetOp Remote Control HOST NHOSTSVC EXEC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exeC Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDsrvc EXEC Program Files Danware Data NetOp Remote Control HOST NHSTW EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system SuSrv exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exeC Program Files uphclean uphclean exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDrt exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client PCCNTMON EXEC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client Pop Trap exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC WINNT system igfxtray exeC WINNT system hkcmd exeC WINNT system igfxpers exeC WINNT system AccelerometerSt exeC Program Files HPQ Shared hpqwmi exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC WINNT System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC WINNT system kmw run exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINNT system igfxext exeC WINNT system igfxsrvc exeC program files reuters rmc rmc exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitdm exeC Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitnet exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXEC PROGRA MICROS LIVEME Addins LMCAPI exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC WINNT TEMP HE F EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http gfs gfsbt com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by BTGFSR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http intlw dc reuters ime proxyO - Hosts spnad-svO - H... Read more

A:Ntvdm Window Appears For No Reason

Hi Charles Mo,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109089/ntvdm-window-appears-for-no-reason/
Relevancy 52.46%

When I open a new tab on IE what appears to be a DOS command window dissapears DOS appears opening and when new window tab Pop-up pops up then dissapears within a DOS Pop-up window appears and dissapears when opening new tab second I ran Hijack this and this is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes DOS Pop-up window appears and dissapears when opening new tab C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Real realplayer Update realsched exe C Program Files Internet Content Filter SafeEyes exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files HTC ModeSelection VMMModeSelection exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services ubd exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Daddy Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bing com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript O - HKLM Run Nikon Transfer Monitor C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Nikon Message Center C Program Files Nikon Nikon Message Center NkMC exe -s O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe -s O - HKLM Run Windows Mobile Device Center windir WindowsMobile wmdc exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dos-pop-up-window-appears-and-dissapears-when-opening-new-tab.1117867/
Relevancy 52.46%

I haven t seen this problem appear anywhere in the forums Maybe it s unique or I m just Autoplay window appears randomly weird I use Windows XP on a Sony Laptop Randomly regardless of what software I m working in a window appears with the title quot Autoplay quot and a flashlight Autoplay window appears randomly icon sweeping back and forth It does have a Cancel button in the box but that s all The window stays open a few seconds and then closes all of it s own accord Clicking the Cancel button seems to have no effect It doesn t close the window more quickly Here s a HJT log from recent computer use I think the event happening is refelcted in the th line under Running Processes The report I get from quot Actual Spy quot when this happens is as follows Tinme AM Action Closed Window Caption Autoplay Application path C WINDOWS explorer exe Username Julia I have downloaded the Microsoft AutoPlay Repair wizard but I haven t succeeded in having it catch an occurrence of this phenomenon It tests for a while and if the autoplay weird thing happened it tries to repair it Repiar options are Legacy AutoPlay event and AutoPlay V event The one time I didmanage to start the test a few seconds after the phenomenon began I got a response on both if these options saying that the hardware was bad or that the wizard couldn t fix it I don t think I got a good sample of the event for it to test Anyway here s the HJT Hope you can help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C PROGRA Webshots webshots scr C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system BRMFRSMG EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Julia Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO... Read more

A:Autoplay window appears randomly

I was running the test function in Microsoft AutoFix and it coincidentally happened while the test was running. Here's that report.
I ran it on the CDR/DVD drive because that's what I think it is. The only other thing I have attached to the computer that might respond to an autoplay type command is the hard drive. I havemn't run this on the hard drive.

AutoFix [V5.2.3790.67]
Time [2005-06-27 17:09:20]
Microsoft Windows Version [5.1 (Service Pack 2) <2600>]

Test [The Shell Hardware Detection service is running.] - Instance [N/A]:
Result [AutoStart Setting]: OK
Result [The Shell Hardware Detection service is running.]: OK

Test [Policies] - Instance [E:\, Drive Type: 5]:
Result [HKCU\...\Policies!NoDrives]: OK {Absent}
Result [HKCU\...\Policies!NoDriveAutorun]: OK {Absent}
Result [HKCU\...\Policies!NoDriveTypeAutorun]: OK {Present}
Result [HKLM\...\Policies!NoDrives]: OK {Absent}
Result [HKLM\...\Policies!NoDriveAutorun]: OK {Absent}
Result [HKLM\...\Policies!NoDriveTypeAutorun]: OK {Absent}
Result [Driver level policies]: OK {
HKLM\...\Services\cdrom!Autorun (Present) <Allows>
HKLM\...\Services\cdrom\Parameters!Autorun (Absent) <Allows>
HKLM\System\CCS\Enum\...!AlwaysEnable (Absent) <Not set>
HKLM\System\CCS\Enum\...!AlwaysDisable (Absent) <Not set> }

Test [Drive Notification] - Instance [E:\, Drive Type: 5]:
Result [Legacy Notification]: Problems
Result [AutoPlay V2 Notification]: Problems {
Service (Silent)
Shell (Deaf) }
>> Repair << [Legacy AutoPlay Event]
Step: No steps to take.
Result: This AutoPlay setting cannot be fixed. Either the device is malfunctioning, or the wizard cannot determine the problem.
>> Repair << [Autoplay V2 Event]
Step: No steps to take.
Result: This AutoPlay setting cannot be fixed. Either the device is malfunctioning, or the wizard cannot determine the problem.

>> Required action: The wizard found problems but cannot fix them -> None

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoplay-window-appears-randomly.375815/
Relevancy 52.46%

I've had a spot of bother with something that tried to hijack my Internet Explorer It installed an unwanted search page as my home page easily fixed but slightly more curiously it somehow managed to engineer it so that every time I opened a new tab it displayed my new tab window only briefly before flicking to this unwanted search page I think it was something line SearchQu com I finally managed to fix that problem by expunging every reference to the unwanted site window spontaneously appears Add-ons Manage from my system registry Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously Now everything is back to normal other than one slightly annoying detail Every time I start Internet Explorer after a few seconds delay it spontaneously shows the quot Manage Add-ons quot window If I click close it goes away and everything is fine until the next time I start IE when manage add-ons appears again It's getting quite annoying Until today I Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously was running IE version I just upgraded to vn to see if the problem would go away but it didn't I still get quot Manage Add-ons quot appearing when I start IE Any bright ideas why this is happening and how I can prevent it

A:Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously

Hello and welcome to TSF

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.
Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/manage-add-ons-window-appears-spontaneously-574623.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I've had a spot of bother with something that tried to hijack my IE appears window spontaneously Add-ons Manage Internet Explorer It installed an unwanted search page as my home page easily fixed but slightly more curiously it somehow managed to engineer it so that every time I opened a new tab it displayed my new tab window IE Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously only briefly before IE Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously flicking to this unwanted search page I think it was something line SearchQu com I finally managed to fix that problem by expunging every reference to the unwanted site from my system registry Now everything is back to normal other than one slightly annoying detail Every time I start Internet Explorer after a few seconds delay it spontaneously shows the quot Manage Add-ons quot window If I click close it goes away and everything is fine until the next time I start IE when manage add-ons appears again It's getting quite annoying Until today I was running IE version I just upgraded to vn to see if the problem would go away but it didn't I still get quot Manage Add-ons quot appearing when I start IE Any bright ideas why this is happening and how I can prevent it dds txt follows signtature and Attach txt attached Thanks in advance and regards Keith Sheppard DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Keith at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW ZoneAlarm Security Suite Firewall Disabled D DF -CFF -F -D C -FCD DFE D E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files SMINST BLService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Windows iLivid Toolbar Datamngr datamngrUI exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C PROGRA MIF BA OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil q ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C ... Read more

A:IE Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

IMPORTANT....

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.

How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt
Note:
Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it with this AppRemover by Opswat. The AVG uninstaller can be downloaded from here > AppRemover.exe Go to their homepage and you will see they have support for removal of other AV's as well AVG appremover tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie-manage-add-ons-window-appears-spontaneously-575823.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Guys, I so need help. My pc suddenly won't open. When I boot it up, it loads quite long then the window loading screen appears then a blue screen suddenly appears and restarts again.! I can't see the message cause it's too fast! . Every time I try SAFE MODE, the same problem happens! I can't even access my pc even in safe mode! I have no idea what happened. Please help. I'am currently using my Auntie's Pc.

A:PC restarts after the Window icon appears

What is the error code on the Blue Screen? Are any drivers cited?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-after-the-window-icon-appears.155533/
Relevancy 52.46%

Sometimes when I click on a link or try to download something, a new window will appear which is blank and says done in the status bar. Please help

A:blank page appears in new window

Which browser are you using? IE6 - 7 etc.?
Have you done a windows update recently to get the latest fixes?
Try Googling for the wording the same as your post, it is a known problem with IE6 and fixes are available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-page-appears-in-new-window.584042/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a PC problem Compaq Pressario Ghz mb ram w Windows XP Svc pack that seems to be getting worse Sometimes when IE is open I may click a window or link on a page like CNN com and I get a message that says IE has a problem and needs to close Once you close the window I get the Send Microsoft a message window AboutBlank IE crashes, appears about the problem window which I decline but then I see a window in the bottom status bar a window called About Blank that shows up Sometime it IE crashes, AboutBlank window appears just flashes on for a moment then disappears I can usually go back to IE and reopen it and machine okay like nothing has happened but the browsing seems to slow down I have also had this IE crash when I try to load a common safe website page link like in CNN or MSNBC com which says page not found That usually tells me that a crash is coming then boom crash I run Webroot Spysweeper with Antivirus and run regular autosweeps weekly Is this symptomatic of About Blank malware or some other virus spyware PC seems slow in general and issue occurs randomly Machine is used by a family member so I have no idea where they go or what they may have picked up downloaded Any help is greatly appreciated Here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Ewido suite security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Memeo AutoBackup MemeoBackup exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings OWNER Application Data Mozilla Profiles default l zml slt prefs js O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Ru... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-crashes-aboutblank-window-appears.764664/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had to replace a failed primary drive and so did a clean install of Window 7 Home Premium.

Now, whenever I login in, an "Open with" window immediately appear on the desktop, naming 'Tom' as the file to be opened. Tom is the sole (admin) user.

When Notepad is selected to open the file, the following appears:

------------------------- start of paste -------------

================================================================
Interface List
13...00 c0 a8 d8 13 e7 ......USB Wireless 802.11 b/g Adaptor
11...00 1a 92 6a 22 8f ......NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
21...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
12...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
19...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
20...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

IPv4 Route Table
Active Routes:
None
Persistent Routes:
None

IPv6 Route Table
Active Routes:
None
Persistent Routes:
None

---------------------- end of paste ------------

What is causing this? How can it be stopped?

BTW, if I choose not to open, I have to click Cancel twiice to clear the window.

A:An 'Open with' window appears after login

I waited for someone more knowledgeable to answer your questions - but seeing no posts, I'll step in.

My guess as to what caused it:
Something barfed and wrote a log file or a part of a log file to one of the start up folders and there is no file extension on the file. Thus, every time you log in, the computer tries to open this file.

My guess as to how to stop it:

1) unhide this info: File Extensions - Hide or Show

2) unhide this too: Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

3) look in this folder for the file or shortcut to the file that you keep seeing open:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
If it is there - delete it.

4) look in this folder for the file or shortcut to the file that you keep seeing open:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
If it is there - delete it.

If the file is not in either of those two places, then you might need to look in the registry for a "run entry" that is causing the file to try and open. Since this is unlikely, I'll wait to hear the results of the steps above before posting how to work with the registry.

If you opt to open the file in Notepad and then use the File > Save As feature, you can locate the offending files location - but deleting the file might not solve the whole issue if there is a shortcut pointing to it.
BTW, the only reason that I can think of for your having to press close twice to dismiss the "open with" dialog box is - the file is being opened twice or there are two such files being opened.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235161-open-window-appears-after-login.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I cannot search the web because every time a type in the web site i want, http://click.w3i.com?Programid=Elementname=ErrorPage&q=after the '=' sign i see the web site i typed in.The Screen says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"I tried changing the home page and still the click.w3i shows again in the search window.Please advise?!!! I'm lost.

A:Click.w3i appears on search window

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246573/clickw3i-appears-on-search-window/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi We know that many things can happen when your PC boots but one thing that shouldn t appear is a mysterious window I have reported this problem however which takes the window appears boot Explorer.exe on A blank shape of a blank Explorer exe pop-up with no text and an OK button I already discussed with some tech support guy such as pc support click support and dell support then they have provided me below things I am mentioning below some reviews A blank Explorer.exe window appears on boot and solution where I was A blank Explorer.exe window appears on boot taken There are various things that can cause this problem but whatever the source the root cause is the same an erroneous Load value in your registry To see it do a Windows search for regedit to open the Registry Editor and then use it to find the Windows registry fold In it you will see an entry called Load which may or may not have data associated with it Get rid of that entry and the blank box will go away So I want to take your suggestion that above steps is right or not Waiting your reply

A:A blank Explorer.exe window appears on boot

I would before venturing into the registry run an anti malware program such as Malwarebytes Antimalware first. It will scour the registry and your PCs files for any rogue coding causing the issue. This has been discussed with some success here for Windows 8 users:http://www.eightforums.com/performa...Either way it appears to be something that doesn't belong on your PC. Other adept forum regulars may be along to provide more comprehensive assistance. I would hold off altering the registry until then.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/a-blank-explorerexe-window-appears-on-boot/39708.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My dial-up connection window appears every time I do something (delete a file, click in a file with the right button of the mouse, open a program, etc).

I use Win ME.

Thanks

A:My dial-up connection window appears every time

Go into Internet Explorer->Tools->Internet Options->Connections and choose Never dial a connection... Click OK. It should stop doing that now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-dial-up-connection-window-appears-every-time-22290.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello again Here s another machine with some nastiness going on thanks in advance for your help Logfile Solved: CMD please window strange help Popcorn, appears, of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Solved: Popcorn, strange CMD window appears, please help Defender MsMpEng exe C WINNT System svchost Solved: Popcorn, strange CMD window appears, please help exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Solved: Popcorn, strange CMD window appears, please help PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files License Manager license manager exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet v series Bin hpoant exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINNT System NMSSvc exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system hpoipm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System urlmap exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDa... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

Am running Windows XP Home Edition For the past week when booting up PC a small window with appears Desktop Solved: Bootup at Window on red X appears on desktop I have scanned with my NAV as well as several free online sites and all come back problem free I have also ran Adaware and Spybot which both come back clean Have looked in System Event Viewer and see nothing unusual listed Checking task manager I Solved: Window appears on Desktop at Bootup do not see any new programs running and have not added any new programs since the time this error first appeared Have done a system restore back to date before this problem occured but it did not alleviate the problem I am wondering if this could be a desktop issue My son had changed the desktop them used a picture he saved although has since changed back to a standard theme Have done a screen capture of this window on my desktop and saved the file in Paint but I am not familiar with posting images and the instructions in your FAQ are not clear to Solved: Window appears on Desktop at Bootup me Any suggestions would be most appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

My younger brother's daughter gave him a desktop about a year ago which runs Windows 2000, but he didn't get around to setting it up until just yesterday. While it was booting up, the logon window appeared with the username name but no password. He contacted his daughter, but she didn't remember what it was. In desperation, he contacted me to see if I could resolve the problem. I've never used Windows 2000, so I'm not sure how. I've read Microsoft's KB article #258289 and forwarded to him, but I'm not sure if it'll help him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:Logon Window Appears And Password Is Unknown

Here try this link -

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-window-appears-and-password-is-unknown.433034/
Relevancy 52.03%

HelloI have been infested with Sys32 properties window which keep appearing on window start up. I have tried by Norton anti virus also but it never works. I would appeciate if you help me to solve this problem. Below is the window which appears:Sys 32 PropertiesType: ApplicationOrigin: S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013Size: 0 bytesThanks and best regardsRajEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

The System32 folder opens at startup because of a corrupt system registry value. The value could have been corrupted for a number of reasons to include malware or installing/uninstalling a program from the Internet which did not install/uninstall itself properly.Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #260 and click "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" in the right column. You will be prompted to download xp_systems32opens.vbs. Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the script. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.The problem could also be caused by empty run entries in your startup shortcuts which will open the system32 folder. Check the startup run registry entries and remove those entries. See System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows.These steps involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent FREE tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166169/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've done a new user account in Windows Vista Home and now I want to delete it but when Click to change the user account window appears for less than a second and then disappear,

what I have to do

and there there Other Windows do like knowing this (my account is system admin)

A:change the user account window appears

Welcome to you toom2020,
I'm a little unsure of exactly what you mean. However have a look at these tutorials to see if they provide you with the answer.
If they aren't what you require post back & we will try to help you further.

User Account Name

User Account - Delete

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244036-change-user-account-window-appears.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running VLC Player with Windows 7.
Very recently, each time I activate VLC, it appears on screen with its right and bottom edges way out of sight. I can fix that of course by draging the top left corner this way and that each time but that's a pain and shouldn't be necessary.
Is there a way I can avoid having to do this in future, perhaps somewhere within the dozens of VLC settings?
I hope I've put this post in the right section and would be grateful for any help please.
My thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/386565-vlc-media-player-appears-oversized-window.html
Relevancy 52.03%

After i run command prompt it takes about 10 seconds to respond, sometimes the window dosent even open untill after 10 seconds and then it is responsive, but usually the window opens immediately and it dosent respond untill after ca 10 seconds.
Please help me, this is really annoying because i use cmd very much.

A:10 second delay untill command window appears

Does it happen if you boot to safe mode and try it from there?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223546-10-second-delay-untill-command-window-appears.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Such window appears now when system starts. "Hardware change has been made , reset your computer for applying hardware change" something like that , I translated this from my native language.

pls help, I dont have ant idea how remove this, I removed one of my hardware profile on Administrator account but it not helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395918-hardware-configuration-changed-window-appears-now.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all.For three days now, every time I startup my PC I get a 'desktop - Notebook' window appear on my desktop. I can't get rid of it.Any help, please?

A:Notepad Window Appears On Desktop At Startup

Hi Bone IdolSee this article.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162860/notepad-window-appears-on-desktop-at-startup/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I'm new here and I need help with this problem The little fraction only second. a window a preview appears Taskbar for of thumbnail that appears when you mouse over the icons on the taskbar see black arrows in image only appears for a fraction of second when I hover the Taskbar window preview only appears for a fraction of a second. cursor over them In the past they would stay there until i move the mouse away or click on them like any normal windows taskbar Also if I click on anything from the right side of the task Taskbar window preview only appears for a fraction of a second. bar like the volume internet connection and pc issues buttons a similar thing happens Lets say I click on volume volume then the volume thing pops us and disappears after a fraction of a second see red arrows in image I had to perfectly time the crtl print screen buttons to Taskbar window preview only appears for a fraction of a second. get the images while typing this I think is was caused by this Last night I was trying out applications on my samsung galaxy s that allow it to control the vlc player on the pc I tried two programs Both required me to download the program both on the pc and my phone to set them up These are the two programs i tried quot VLC Direct Pro Free quot and quot Remote for VLC quot So for each of these programs I have one part on my phone and the corresponding part on the pc They required me to download a little thing called vlcdirect ok I think it put something in my registry i'm not sure Since that was the last thing I did before the problem started I suspect that that is the cause I'm worried about getting the vlcdirect ok thing out of my registry without messing things up more

A:Taskbar window preview only appears for a fraction of a second.

Do you have a restore point from before you installed the VLC things?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291881-taskbar-window-preview-only-appears-fraction-second.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Everytime i turn on my computer Sys32 properties appears on the screen of my window, please help me solve the problem
below is the detailed discription of the problem

Sys 32 Properties

Type: Application

Origin: c-1-3-64-8794238531-8742492-9897532

Size: 0 bytes

Thank you again
so02

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Have you checked to see if you are infected? Sometimes an infection will corrupt your onboard protection - so I suggest that you try these free, online scans: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252Also, could you please post a screen shot of what appears on your desktop? Here's a link on how to do that: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199886/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 51.6%

The system is current with Windows Updates.

I have applied the registry edit as specified here.

FEATURE_FORCE_POPUPS_ONTO_MONITOR_KB974537

I got a "hot fix" for this issue from Microsoft - but that was already installed, as I am up to date with Windows Updates.

Assistance is appreciated.

A:Part of a pop-up window appears off-screen in Internet Explorer 8

Perhaps an IE reset will help: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset...

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/118206-part-pop-up-window-appears-off-screen-internet-explorer-8-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My notebook starts acting like this (just black screen appears after window logo on startup) durning these days. Whenever this happens, i restart it and it asks me to choose Safe Mode, Safe Mode with command prompts, start window normally,etc. I choose start window normally . It was ok evey time i restart till yesterday. When i restart it as usual and choose "start windown normally" today, nth appears but just black screen after window logo. What's the problem(Hardware???Software??? Viruses????)? If i ve to choose Safe Mode, after choosing it wat should i do? Pls help me solve this problem. Thanks a million!

A:Solved: Black Screen appears after Window Xp logo &amp; can't do anything, help me pls!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-appears-after-window-xp-logo-amp-cant-do-anything-help-me-pls.661355/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I successfully finished some volunteer work helping a woman in need to get a working computer system I frankensteined an XP system together and got her online via earthlink dial-up There are no broadband providers in her area After Mystery Disconnect Appears IE Window Dial-Up Explorer and she cannot afford cellular broadband This isn t a huge problem rather Mystery IE Explorer Window Appears After Dial-Up Disconnect just a mild annoyance I thought maybe you guys might be able to help me with it When we disconnect from earthlink IE explorer displays the following window The window appears after we shut down the earthlink Mystery IE Explorer Window Appears After Dial-Up Disconnect window After IE is closed It reopens and displays the window Earthlink tech support which is very not-personal and scripted I think from India was no help We did a few things in Internet Options including turning off a redial reconnect option but nothing stopped the window from appearing The techs final word was that the problem was not on Earthlink s end rather it was a computer problem XP was freshly installed so I don t know if I agree with him Thanks for your input nbsp

A:Mystery IE Explorer Window Appears After Dial-Up Disconnect

Dial up, whew, that's a rarity!

How do you normally establish the connection to the internet, is there an Earthlink program you click on to connect?

First thing to try, inside Internet Options, on the General Tab, choose to use a new Tab or use a blank page. Connect, surf, disconnect. Any change?

Can you install an alternate browser and try it out (with IE closed off)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-ie-explorer-window-appears-after-dial-up-disconnect.1094926/
Relevancy 51.6%

i'm running windows XP (not sure if its SP2 or SP3) with Symantec AntiVirus v10. If I use the computer without connecting to the net, everything seems fine. When I connect to the net, I get a pop-up window (Auto-Protect Results) which pops up telling me I have a Bloodhound.Exploit.196 Risk.
I googled this, which led me to the symantec web site, where I was advised to do the following:
- Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan.

I have completed this task, but it doesn't resolve the problem.

Wondering if any of you guys could help me?
Thanks

A:Norton pop-up window appears when viewing web page with images

Hello and Welcome.

Please turn System Restore back on. Symantec is misguided telling users to disable System Restore before a malware removal effort. A dirty (infected) restore point is better as a fallback position than none at all.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/norton-pop-up-window-appears-when-viewing-web-page-with-images-460941.html
Relevancy 51.6%

When I press cntr+alt+del button the end task window appears for a second and then disappers. Would anyone plz tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks !

A:when I press control+alt+del the end task window appears for a second and then disapp

I am sorry, but , I cannot get task manager window to open, it opens ofr a second and then just disappers. I can do that several times and everytime it does that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-press-control-alt-del-the-end-task-window-appears-for-a-second-and-then-disapp.119765/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
On my wife's laptop, I've noticed lately that as windows 7 is loading, a prompt appears on the desktop but is only visible for a few seconds. I'm unable to see what it says, is there anyway to see what it might be ?
Thanks,
David

Update: I think I discovered what the prompt was, I had this software installed on both my wife's computer and mine, http://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/ . I didn't see the additional prompt window on my computer due to the fact I'm running windows 8.1, and I was booting to the 'metro' screen, when I changed my computer to boot directly to the desktop, I saw the same prompt appear. I un-installed the software and no longer see the prompt.

A:Additional Window Prompt Appears as Windows 7 is loading

It sounds like a prompt when Malwarebytes trial period is over.

At that time you can choose to buy the Premium version or use the free version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342781-additional-window-prompt-appears-windows-7-loading.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend with their computer. They have a fairly new high-end Dell computer running Windows XP Pro. When one logs into to their profile the Windows System 32 file contents pops up, and has to be closed to proceed. They said it has been doing this from day one. They have never owned or used a computer, so they had no idea it was not suppose to pop up.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks,

elizbeth

A:System 32 contents window appears when Windows starts

Read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086

We should also check for malware

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTSetup.exe
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-32-contents-window-appears-when-windows-starts.408683/
Relevancy 51.6%

Title says what is happening. Click on an internet shortcut, an Ie6 window will show up, for about 5 seconds, then the IE8 window opens with the desired web page shown. IE6 window stays open. I am running Windows XP with all latest updates AFAIK, suppoesely Windows was updated with the IE8 install. Is there any way to fix this?

A:Upgrade IE6 to IE8. IE6 window appears when desktop shortcuts are opened

Desktop freezes randomly and it takes 1-2 minutes to load a page sometimes. i am unintsalling this POS now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/upgrade-ie6-to-ie8-ie6-window-appears-when-desktop-shortcuts-are-opened-401096.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Every time I go to open an app this message keeps coming up This App can't open Check the window store for more information.  Go to store".   All apps have a cross x in corner.  Up until 3 days ago the apps were working. 
The window store is timing out before updates have been completed.

A:Message This App can't open Check the window store for more information. Go to store". All apps have a cross x in corner

Hi,
Did you make any change to your computer recently? If not, the most simple method is restore your system to restore your PC to an earlier point in time for test. Please refer to the link below for more details about System Restore.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
In addition, you can use Windows APP troubleshooter to fix this problem.
Windows App troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268423
Also can try to perform a Clean Boot to check whether this problem caused by 3rd program or service. Refer to the link below for more details.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Create a new user account the verify whether the problem persists can also be considered.Roger Lu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789b97a-e7a3-48d5-993e-5e73e40881c5/message-this-app-cant-open-check-the-window-store-for-more-information-go-to-storequot-all?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

i think i downloaded something wrong then now when i restart my computer my desktop icons briefly appear and then they disappear now all i see is my wallpaper can anyone help me very urgent thanks here s a most recent hijackthis log Logfile of appears, disappears, bar start appears, Desktop disappears + Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Desktop + start bar appears, disappears, appears, disappears system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Desktop + start bar appears, disappears, appears, disappears Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Acer Acer eConsole MediaServerService exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Acer TV-FM Kernel Desktop + start bar appears, disappears, appears, disappears TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Acer TV-FM Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Acer TV-FM Kernel TV CLSched exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS sm hlpr exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system SysMonitor exe C Program Files Acer Acer eMode Management AspireService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C PROGRA FREEDO fdm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Megaupload Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C PROGRA MEGAUP MEGAUP DLL O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO no name - E - - - B - A FC D E - C WINDOWS system vtuvwxw dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdmcks dll O - BHO no name - EEEFC - D - B -BE - C F B F - C WINDOWS system ddccd dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - Toolbar Megaupload Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C PROGRA MEGAUP MEGAUP DLL O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run LaunchApp Alaunch O - HKLM Run ntiMUI C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-start-bar-appears-disappears-appears-disappears.654680/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I try to shut down my PC, a box appears headed Faxman Comm and I have to click the End Now box before my computer shuts down completely. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of this once and for all. Thank you.

A:Solved: Faxmann Comm window appears when shutting down computer.

The program must be in the startup list. Click on Start > Run and type msconfig into the run box and hit Enter. Find the program under the Startup tab and uncheck it, click on Apply then OK. Reboot and the problem should be gone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-faxmann-comm-window-appears-when-shutting-down-computer.1048597/
Relevancy 50.74%

Every time I install a new software (eg Itunes, Apache, Mysql), I get the add new hardware dialog box when I reboot. How to I stop this. I know there's probably an obvious fix for this but It eludes me at the moment.
appreciate your help,
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everytime-i-install-a-software-the-add-new-hardware-window-appears-on-startup.436068/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to repurpose my old Dell D and I have encountered a problem I made several changes to my machine and Startup - Window Appears Malware? Repair? on Restore? TaskEng.exe during the reboots there were a couple of times when the system appeared to quot hang quot - black screen white bar that I guess is a cursor was motionless in the upper left corner with no apparent activity steadily TaskEng.exe Window Appears on Startup - Restore? Repair? Malware? lit This appeared to happen after it TaskEng.exe Window Appears on Startup - Restore? Repair? Malware? got past the initial boot up stage since I saw the Dell logo page progress bar go by before it got stuck It stayed in that state for so long that I finally forced a reboot This happened twice in a row the third time it booted all the way into Windows but I now see a quot TaskEng exe quot command window show up whenever I start up during the quot populate the desktop quot part of starting up I have attached a screen shot in case I am not describing it well When I watched the Command window closely I saw a brief flash of text that said something about quot not found quot - but this text appears and vanishes so fast that I cannot read it nor can I capture a screen shot of it even though the window itself lingers while before it closes The changes I made include the following -resized my partitions -added a user account -moved some data files -uninstalled MS Office The only web sites I visited immediately before this began were Google this forum and Microsoft Answers Therefore I think my problem is probably damaged or missing Windows files rather than a virus or malware but I don't want to assume that so I came here for help

A:TaskEng.exe Window Appears on Startup - Restore? Repair? Malware?

I ran "SFC /scannow" as an Administrator and it said it found no integrity violations
I ran CHKDSK and it showed that Windows had fixed a couple of things. Here are the results:

Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.
CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
189184 file records processed. File verification completed.
1646 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. 4 EA records processed. 76 reparse records processed. CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
232702 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered. CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
189184 file SDs/SIDs processed. Cleaning up 126 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 126 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 126 unused security descriptors.
CHKDSK is compacting the security descriptor stream
21760 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
36575128 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
189168 files processed. File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
12351009 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.
Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.
115684351 KB total disk space.
65882164 KB in 145990 files.
100920 KB in 21763 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
297231 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
49404036 KB available on disk.
4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
28921087 total allocation units on disk.
12351009 allocation units available on disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/366587-taskeng-exe-window-appears-startup-restore-repair-malware.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, a small blue windows appears quickly only when the computer is connected to the internet, and then the computer shuts down. The window appears too quickly to read it thouroughly, but it may say something about dumpreg. I've attached the logs, editing the name of one of my friend's folders to "...," as the folder name is my friend's real name. The viruses appear to be in the startup folder, but when I go there I can't find them. Thanks. p.s. I like the caveat that appears in the DDS download about the volunteers at bleeping computer not being paid staff, so common courtesy is appreciated. Must have gotten a lot of disgruntled responses (and maybe still do before from people who want you to "hurry up and fix my bleeping computer!"

A:Small blue window appears and computer shuts down automatically

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412654/small-blue-window-appears-and-computer-shuts-down-automatically/
Relevancy 50.74%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card of appears upper on Edge desktop White right Blue Window and of Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc T YTY Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated and Enabled The blue and white window edge shown in the attached partial desktop screenshot appears on the upper right hand edge of the desktop some time after I turn on the computer It appears when I Edge of Blue and White Window appears on upper right of desktop am connected to the internet and when I am not connected via an ethernet cable -- I m not using wireless Clicking on it or attempting to drag it has no effect I do not notice any odd behavior while using my computer but I don t know what might be going on in the background I have performed a Symantec Endpoint Protection full scan and a Windows Defender full scan and I have downloaded the latest Windows security updates One file was removed by the Symantec scan but otherwise no threats or problems were found Thanks very much for your help nbsp

A:Edge of Blue and White Window appears on upper right of desktop

Move the Taskbar to the bottom, then attempt to drag that window from its top.

To move the taskbar to its default position along the bottom edge of the screen:
Click a blank portion of the taskbar.
Hold down the primary mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer to the bottom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edge-of-blue-and-white-window-appears-on-upper-right-of-desktop.1141342/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I am having a virus causing everything I click to redirect to ads It appears that the adware was a small app located in C in proxy Rogue ISUSPM ALT+TAB, ads window and invisible hacked About appears Program Files x common Files Installshield ISUSPM Rogue About ISUSPM invisible window appears in ALT+TAB, proxy hacked and ads exe It seems to work by hijacking my proxy settings always reverting it to enabled when I try to disable it adress being http https and setting the list of exceptions to lt -loopback gt So I tried to simply kill the ISUSPM process then deleting it but I still couldn't change the proxy settings I tried to find what service or auto started app was causing the proxy hijacking but i can't find anything then I had to override firefox proxy settings to be able to browse since I deleted the ISUSPM thing I then rebooted to safe mode and deleted the registry keys in microsoft windows currentversion internet settings that enabled the proxy and overrided the settings but when I rebooted to normal the proxy came back even though the ISUSPM thing didn't come back and I wasn't able to browse exect with my overridden proxy-free firefox I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware TDSSKiller ADWCleaner SuperAntispyware and they all say my computer's fine but it obviously isn't Please help me I think it came when I tried to install manycam but not sure I uninstalled it since

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630867/rogue-about-isuspm-invisible-window-appears-in-alttab-proxy-hacked-and-ads/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Keypad and Touchpad freezes as soon asWindows boots up and the login window appears DELL Latitude D Pentium M Win XP SP Keyboard inactivating virus touchpad virus malware Symptoms The Numlock keep glowing but as and soon and Keypad as login window freezes appears Touchpad the up boots Windows no use if you use Fn key or press Numlock key or make changes in the setting for Numlock key activation inactivation Touchpad freezes only if you touch keypad to enter the password to Keypad and Touchpad freezes as soon as Windows boots up and the login window appears login Removing the battery has no effect Can go to safemode but same problem will persist Installed another copy of Windows on another drive it works well keypad and touch pad works Replaced the keyboard drivers of the original installation but no use Used Avira Kaspersky Avast engines to check virus and spyware but no use Used super anti spyware to remove spywares no use Used CCleaner to wipe the entire computer no use An external USB mouse keyboard no use I made an internet search for similar complaints and exactly same complaints and I found several of them posted in several forums but nobody has yet posted a working solution to my knowledge Please tell me how can I restore correct repair the first Windows installation I need the fist installation because it holds several softwares and other rare utilities What is the possible problem I am writing this from the second installation Please HELP Sanal MG email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keypad-and-touchpad-freezes-as-soon-as-windows-boots-up-and-the-login-window-appears.773090/
Relevancy 50.31%

dell dimension 2400
winxppro sp2
2gb ram

1. the network icon keeps appearing in the tray, even though i have rosewill nic driver software that connects for me,
and i'm connected already. i've unchecked and rechecked the properties boxes for no connection and limited connection,
but it reappears after logon. can you tell me how to make it stay according to the checkboxes?

2. my fast user switching reverts to the classic login box, despite fus and terminal svcs being set to auto. it seems
like it decides arbitrarily to either give me the fus window, or the classic window, whenever it wants. can you tell
me how to keep it at the fus non-classic window?

A:network icon appears/fast user switch classic window

above, problem #2 (fast user switch reverts to classic) i believe is fixedusing the terminal services fix found here.still looking for fix for problem 1.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419624/network-icon-appearsfast-user-switch-classic-window/
Relevancy 49.88%

It just occurred to me that there are many of us that work on one platform on our desktop but different on our phones or tablets Does Cross one? doing Platform Cross Anyone Reference. App anyone know of App Cross Platform Cross Reference. Anyone doing one? any source for lists of applications that can utilize the same data on each environment I am thinking that a good cross reference would be good to help us select applications on each environment and if some resource became popular enough it could lead software vendors to support a variety of data formats in each environment they support or provide import export capabilities to support those of us who use multiple platforms App Cross Platform Cross Reference. Anyone doing one? My personal preference is to use open source or free inexpensive software but the need becomes greater when tools in those realms don't exist If nobody knows of an existing source I think I might start something A listing of programs that can share files for two or more of the following platforms would be a start Windows Desktop Windows Metro or whatever they are calling it Android IOS Linux In my mind a program would be included if any of the following applied a Versions exist for multiple platforms b Works via web c Works directly with files from an app on a different platform d Exports files to standard formats for use by others comma delimited xml JSON etc My personal ideal would be to have an app in each environment I use that exploits the interface of that environment well and shares data transparently with an app on one of my other devices For me I also want apps that do not require network access except when transmitting or receiving data to synchronize probably via SkyDrive or some other cloud storage Thoughts

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/38718-app-cross-platform-cross-reference-anyone-doing-one.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Logfile of provided, HJT Logfile login viruses, etc... appears... trojans Solved: window BSOD after HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Solved: BSOD after login window appears... HJT Logfile provided, viruses, trojans etc... WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home fr netscape com fr home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home fr netscape com fr home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home fr netscape com fr R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dellnet com O - BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch SrchAstt bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO SWEETIE - A AADCD- A - b f- F-E BB A E A - C PROGRA MACROG SWEETI toolbar dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO no name - D -FD B- E - FD -DEB F D F - C Program Files MSN vigypezip dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - BHO Bar - C DEC - - e- CA -C AB - C Program Files Common Files F F - BF - - - Bar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Bar - C DEC - - e- CA -C AB - C Program Files Common Files F F - BF - - - Bar dll O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run BuildBU c dell bldbubg exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager SystemRoot system mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run ConMgr exe quot C Program Files EarthLink ConMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run DellTouch C WINDOWS MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run SweetIM C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIM SweetIM exe O - HKLM Run Creative WebCam Tray C Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -a... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bsod-after-login-window-appears-hjt-logfile-provided-viruses-trojans-etc.533536/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Thanks for all the help I want to make my shorcuts start programs and windows In WIndows Xp Pro SP at a a or custom Start and position window a at size specific program window certain position and with a certain size For instance I want to open Excell at position x Start a window or program at a specific position and custom window size y with a window size of x or maybe a internet explorer window at position with a window size of x I gave the odd numbers in the example so that people responding will understand that I want CUSTOM SIZES I know how to set the shortcuts to start maximized and minimized and also window tiling That's not what I'm talking about Does anyone know of shortcut switch that I can use For instance in some games if you want to start the game with cheats enabled you put quot -devmode quot after the directory path in the quot target quot box of the shortcut properties Is there any other way There is an awesome program called quot Montage quot http www ideaxchg com montage which I use but isn't exactly what I'm looking for Please help out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-a-window-or-program-at-a-specific-position-and-custom-window-size-395531.html
Relevancy 49.45%

No matter what option i pick in the safe mode list, the computer will not start. when i choose any of the safe modes, (safe mode, safe mode with networking etc) the computer displays a list of random commands (i dont understand any of it) and then restarts. If I try to Start Windows Normally, or use last settings that worked, it seems to start loading, and then restarts.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-start-my-computer-the-safe-mode-options-screen-appears-computer-wont-start.158370/
Relevancy 49.02%

After rebooting my system, it recommended that i do a start up repair. After the repair completed i recieved the black screen right before choosing USER , so i tried 3x more to repair which each completed but same outcome till the point it just says cant repair automatically . Then i tried to system restore which failed also , but the catch is my system boots fine from Safe Mode...anyone have any ideas of what to do from Safe Mode to return my boot up back to normal? All Help is appreciated

A:Window 7 Start-Up Repair completes but window fails to boot.

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start
starting with full Malwarebytes scan in Safe Mode with Networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268995-window-7-start-up-repair-completes-but-window-fails-boot.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Toshiba lap top Windows 7 - when shutting down message " a programme is preventing windows from shutting down" I pressed cancel as I wanted to re-open. Now all I have is a picture on myscreen cannot get into start up mode . tried control + alt + delete - nothing. close lid and stillonly picture on screen

A:How to restart when no start up appears?

Press and hold the on/off button and wait until the system powers down. Then wait a minute or so and power up as per normal. It will very likely reboot and then go through a file checking routine before booting into the desktop.This is a standard method to shut down a system without going through the normal shut down process; not usually used unless the system is hanging - as your appears to be?You might also - once it has shut down - remove the mains/power adapter lead into the laptop and also remove the battery. Then press and hold the on/off button for about 30secs. This will discharge all stored charges in the system. Then restore battery (and may b, connect mains adapter too) and power up as normal.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-restart-when-no-start-up-appears/2233.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I m a newbie visitor here I ve been having trouble with Win XP Every time I start Windowns XP the dial up to internet box appears on the screen after XP has completed loading There also appears the letter quot P quot in the taskbar The dial up box will close after clicking on a couple of times but then mysteriously re-appears on the screen after or so minutes A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a virus which I successfully removed I can t remember the name of it however shortly afterwards I noticed a progamme in Zone Alarm was trying to access the internet which I promply stopped thinking it may have been related to the virus I had previously removed The programme displays times and it is called quot P quot sears MFC application Is this related to why the dial up start box up Win dial appears XP after up box keeps on appearing on XP start up Also does anyone know a way to stop the box from appearing on screen Best wishes Mack nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

when i start up comp a message appears says
error loading C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~2\ADDRES~1\cnbabe.dll
the specified module cannot be found
can someone please help me with this.

Relevancy 48.59%

MOM. implemtation appears on start up. what can i do

A:MOM implemtation appears on start up

djl:

Have you installed anything new recently?
Hardware, drivers, anything?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241540-mom-implemtation-appears-start-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So when I start my CPU up only wallpaper shows not my icons only wallpaper Start-up, appears? At Here's the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan At Start-up, only wallpaper appears? saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC At Start-up, only wallpaper appears? WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System At Start-up, only wallpaper appears? svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Nexon MapleStory npkcmsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEc windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXEO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quo... Read more

A:At Start-up, only wallpaper appears?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203858/at-start-up-only-wallpaper-appears/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all, I use Startisback+ in Windows 8.1 Pro WMC x64, never had any issues (months using it). Today, for no apparent reason, the Windows Start Menu (where I pin frequently used programs) appears blank as shown below. I tried running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth followed by sfc /scannow in command prompt without success. Any suggestions to repair this? Thanks

A:Start Menu appears blank

Not familiar with using this program.
If you tried settings within this program and it did not help, possible program has corrupt or missing files, should have nothing to do with Windows 8 as far as SFC, which fixes system files not other software files. Any system restore points ? If not try reinstall this software.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59955-start-menu-appears-blank.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, is there a way to have all programmes appear in new lists as in xp, i really prefer it like that and i know i had it appear like this in vista only i carnt remember how i did it, all replies appreciated

A:change how the start menu appears

Hello,

Try this link: Get the Classic Start Menu in Windows 7 - the How-To Geek

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/62705-change-how-start-menu-appears.html
Relevancy 48.16%

When I turn get into windows now for some reason I get a regular looking delete message. It appears for just a couple seconds. First it says "Perparing to detele" then changes to "Deleting" or something like that. I am pretty sure I didn't tell windows to delete anything on start up. Also, just like a regular delete pop up, there is a button that points down and says "Detail" which you can click to see what is actually being deleted, except it only gives 1-2 seconds and I haven't been able to click it yet. How do I figure out what this is?

A:Delete pop up appears when windows start up

Look in the recycle bin. Are there any files that might give a clue as to where these deleted files came from? They might not be there, since it is possible to delete files without sending them to the recycle bin.

You might be able to use the clean boot process to figure out which app is doing this:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Failing that, you can download/run (nothing to install) Process Monitor. Start that, filter on Explorer, click on an empty spot on your desktop, press ctrl-Z to undo the delete and see if Process Monitor tells you where the files were written back to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284661-delete-pop-up-appears-when-windows-start-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So far my boot time was almost perfect and after all the icons appear almost immediately on my desktop the hourglass was there for - seconds and then I was able to go online or open any file without delay Overnight my boot time became slightly longer start up!? after late appears Hourglass and after I got all the icons on the screen I have to wait at least minute to hourglass to appear and just after it disappears am able to open any program My question is why is that delay happening My computer is just months old Processor is IntelCore Duo Ghz RAM GB and hard drive GB only used I am running XP SP with all the updates and didn t install any new programs lately Computer is clean of viruses malware spyware etc AVG Malwarebytes SpybotS amp D I ve also defragmented both drives and check them for Hourglass appears late after start up!? errors Got only start up programs they ve been there since I bought the computer Below is my logfile and if anyone have any idea what happened and how to fix that I would really appreciate that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Hourglass appears late after start up!? Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files POP Peeper POPPeeper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System TuneUpDefragService exe C WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail live com default aspx wa wsignin R Hourglass appears late after start up!? - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Zvonko O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKCU Run POP Peeper quot C Program Files POP Peeper POPPeeper exe quot -min O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLOPTION HTM O - Extra context menu item Check... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello.
In the link down there is a video in the youtube shows the start-up for my device where the previous image of the start-up screen appears before the present one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKtxqvbjjL0&feature=youtu.be

It is may be not a technical problem but this is undesirable thing.
Do suffer from that or only me?
Is there away to stop that and how?

Relevancy 48.16%

Please help if anybody can, When I start up my system I get a folder saying system 32, It reads this folder should not be modified. It started happening after an attack on my computer.
I am using windows xp on a Dell dimension 5150. We have multiple users on this computer and it happens on them all. Please help if you can

Relevancy 48.16%

I set a picture as background for a while.
Then changed the background to another picture.
The problem is that at every start and turn off of the pc the old pictures appears for a few seconds. I deleted the original picture from the computer but it continues to appear!
How can I get rid of it completely? Does it mean that there is something wrong on some start up and closing down part of the system?
Thanks for any help!

A:Old BG picture appears at start up and turn off

Hi tomcat10,

I suggest you to try this :

- right-click on your desktop then select Properties in the context menu;
- click the Background tab then then select none and click Ok to apply;
- restart your computer;
- then restart the above process to choose your desktop image.
When you restart the computer again, the unwanted image should have disappeared.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-bg-picture-appears-at-start-up-and-turn-off.435902/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have recently been getting a pop up message which says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable......"

Then when I click OK, the following message:-"An installation package for the product Status cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'status.msi'".

Initially I thought it may have been malware or something so I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Ad-Aware and both didn't pick anything up. So I just wondered if anyone knows what might be causing this? I'm wondering if something that I've un-installed is still trying to run or something?

Any ideas folks?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 48.16%

A friend of mine bought a used Vista desktop a several months Start-Up Weird Appears User Only On ago Weird User Appears Only On Start-Up and I helped her get it set up Everything was fine until a few days ago when she began getting the following message on the Weird User Appears Only On Start-Up Welcome screen The user name or password is incorrect The blue green screen displays that says 'Windows Vista Home Premium' at the bottom Right above the word Vista is a white X inside a red circle To the right of the circle it says 'The user name or password is incorrect' Underneath that is a selection box that says OK This displays immediately after the splash screen When we click on OK we get a user name except the user name looks exactly like an email address c wmconnect with a white box underneath it to input a password underneath that password box is another selector box labeled Switch User When we click Switch User we get the same blue green screen with user names - c wmconnect Administrator and Ruth my friend's name Clicking on Ruth gives me the logon screen with only her name and a spot to enter her password Once we enter her password her desktop displays normally I assumed we could just go to the control panel for user accounts my friend is an administrator to delete that other account but it doesn't display When I click 'manage another account' the only choices are Guest Administrator and my friend Even logging on as the Administrator and going to User Accounts and clicking on manage another account fails to show the c account so it obviously cannot be removed that way Once I'm logged onto her account and I click on Switch User I can only see my friend's name and Administrator This other oddball user only ever displays when we boot I would provide screenshots but prt sc doesn't seem to copy anything to the clipboard until one is actually logged on Control userpasswords fails to show any existence of the phantom user

A:Weird User Appears Only On Start-Up

Go to Start/Search and type netplwiz and press enter. Go to the Advanced tab, under Advanced user Management, click the Advanced button. Click on Users. This will have a listing of all registered users on the computer. You can Right click any user you don't want and delete it.
Back in the User Accounts window under the Users tab, if you want to log in automatically without seeing a user name or typing in a password, Un-check Users Must Enter a user name and password to use this computer. Highlight Ruth's name, and Click OK, it will ask for Ruth's password twice and then restart. It should login automatically.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-user-appears-only-on-start-up-1057306.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Windows XP Pro installed on IBM T60 Laptop.Whenever I start the Laptop up,the Windows Security Sey up Wizard appears and I wish to stop this appearing every time.In addition,if I fill in my Windows password on the security wizard the system says that I am using the incorrect password.Please can someone advise me how to solve these problems.

Relevancy 48.16%

so it appears that xp is starting up.. The wallpaper comes up and thats about it. I have no programs , icons start menu, etc. if i leave it alone it tries to restart and gets stuck on "windows is starting up" screen. I had problems last week with malware and or trojans.. i was finally able to load a anti virus program but the computer was still having a lot of issues. Where do i start??

A:windows xp appears to start fine but.....

Hi There rj3031!Welcome to Bleepingcomputer forums!If you think that your confuser is infected with some type of Malware, spyware, etc. Then you need to post here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ Which is the "Am I infected? What do I do?" forum.Before posting please read all 7 of the stickies posted at the top of the Title page of the forum. This information will help you get the proper help you need to clean out your system.Our experts are volunteers and are handling many issues from many people who need help so please be patient while waiting for help. Someone will definately get to you!After you have read all the stickies there then post in that forum with your problem.Help will be on its way!ranger72

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253387/windows-xp-appears-to-start-fine-but/
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer's operating system is Windows Professional which is up-to-date and all the drivers are the latest I can find The start up sequence is being slowed down by protracted activity on the hard disk after the display of the Desktop such that the only programme I have set to start at bootup is delayed by up to three minutes This is the antivirus programme F-Prot Antivirus for Windows A log appears after up Desktop delay Start obtained from msinfo shows the following System Information report written at System Name TESTNET Startup Programs Program Command User Name Location Sidebar programfiles windows sidebar sidebar exe autorun NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE HKU S- - - SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Sidebar Start up delay after Desktop appears programfiles windows sidebar sidebar exe autorun NT Start up delay after Desktop appears AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE HKU S- - - SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run F-PROT Antivirus Tray application c program files frisk software f-prot antivirus for windows fprottray exe Public HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run As I do not use the Sidebar is it possible that Windows is trying to start it causing the delay If so how do I disable the autorun registry entries I have no recall of how or even if I disabled the sidebar from loading

A:Start up delay after Desktop appears

It looks like the sidebar.exe that starts the gadgets. Next time you logon, stop it immediately in task manager and see what happens. But if you have gadgets, you may want to stop those and see which one is the culprit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/135542-start-up-delay-after-desktop-appears.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, my windows 7 os laptop is giving me the blue screen and stating it must shut down. it gathers data, shuts down and will continue this loop unless I start in safe mode. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Blue screen at start up, just after logo appears....

Hello PetrMcG,1.)  What was new right before the blue screens started (software, hardware, malware, error messages)?2.)  Via Safe Mode with Networking, please gather any minidump files that may be present:

Please create a new folder on your Desktop (suggestion: Minidumps)
Next, navigate to the the Windows Minidump folder.
C:\Windows\Minidump <==  this folder.

Note that the first 6 digits of each minidump file indicate the date ( 032913-10935-01.dmp).
Highlight the 10 most recent minidump files, then copy and paste them (don't drag) into the Desktop Minidumps folder.
Right mouse click on the Minidumps folder, and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.
A Compressed (zipped) folder will now appear on the Desktop.

When you are ready to Reply,  click on .
Please attach the Compressed (zipped) folder to your next post by browsing to the location of the zipped Minidump folder.Note: The Bleeping Computer Forum has a 512K upload limit on file size.
To Manage Your Attachments (free up space), click on your username at top right of forum page | Select My Settings | click Manage Attachments | delete old attachments to make room for newer ones.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490322/blue-screen-at-start-up-just-after-logo-appears/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a shortcut to my computer that appears in start menu I go to properties and the Location is as follows C Documents and Settings Franky Start Menu Programs If I delete this from what I think is the source and it appears againb after reboot I do not know If this is a problem Can shortcut my start menu in computer a appears that to I have someone please assist Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc I have a shortcut to my computer that appears in start menu exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D My computer MK In Use HiJackThis exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bigpond com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LanguageShortcut quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service Cyberlink RichVideo Service CRVS RichVideo - Unknown owner - C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe -- End of file - bytes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-have-a-shortcut-to-my-computer-that-appears-in-start-menu-177458.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I'm in need of help. Too many people are using the pc at home & when problem comes in.. no one seem to bother

Lately when the pc starts, a square box will appear. This box has symbols that change everytime I start the pc. The language.. I don't know what it is.

When I click OK, windows will start & everything then is just normal. If I don't click OK, Windows will eventually start after a while.

How can I solve this problem? It has been a while since I sit down & understand computer terms & such, hence I might need step by step assistance. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Aaliyah8