Windows Support Forum

CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

Q: CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have had no luck finding a free program that will burn to a DVD-RW disk. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

{redoak}

Relevancy 79.12%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 78.69%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 77.83%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 76.54%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 73.96%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 73.96%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 68.37%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a bunch of pictures I want to burn to CD which I can do, but oddly, when I select a bunch in "my pictures" it does not give me an option to send it to my CD burner drive. Any ideas?

A:Burning to CD

Have you tried highlighting the bunch and copying it? Then you can open your cd burn drive and paste. The write files to cd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-to-cd.415529/
Relevancy 55.04%

My CD-RW Drive isn't working any more to burn cds. I've probably used this thing for the past 3-4 years fine, but now it won't burn anything in itunes or the general windows cd burning wizard. If I try to do this it tells me to "insert a blank CD" when the cd I have inserted is most definitely blank (i've tried about 10) I have a bit of computer know-how, but I can't fix a stubborn error like this one, any suggestions? I've tried simply uninstalling it from device manager, and searching online for new drivers but it didn't help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-not-burning.611305/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have Mpeg files and Avi files that are on my computer and i want to make DVD's out of them i have Nero 6 and a sony DVD-RW DVD-R burner

How am I suppost to go about making DVD's when the files are in Avi and Mpeg format and convert to VCD SVCD or DVD

preferiably a free program I can convert the video files

Thanks in Advance

A:DVD Burning Please Help!!

I use a programme called DVD Santa. You can download a trial version before you buy. Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-please-help.362768/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi guys,

i have videos in mpg , avi that i am trying to convert to dvd (to play on my dvd player)
im using im too avi to dvd converter...when i try it straight to dvd drive it doesnt work

now i can convert the file to audio_ts and video_ts folders...but how do i burn it?
nero complains about something to do with reallocation...
somebody help me...

A:avi to dvd burning

some FREE programs to try...

Free Movies To DVD 1
Avi2Dvd
DVD Flick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-to-dvd-burning.695241/
Relevancy 55.04%

Does any one know what type of cd's you can burn music on that will play in car stereo's??? thanks for your time

Relevancy 55.04%

I'm currently using WinXP Pro SP x and using CDBurnerXP My optical drive is Lite-On iHAP Burning .iso a DVD IDE DVD-RAM It's a DVD Multi Recorder drive labeled for DVD R DL and RW discs The iso file is GB and CDBurnerXP won't burn it because it won't fit the disc which is labeled as GB capacity Google search gave tons of results that say it's something to do with discs being Burning a .iso DVD labeled GB in the sense of GB MB whereas GB really is MB The iso file I'm trying to burn is an OS so it's supposed to fit a standard DVD - R disc I don't know anything about overburn never tried such feature before but still risked it and got same error saying the disc doesn't have enough space The discs I use are TDK - x GB DVD R and never before seen such an error come up with iso files this large Any suggestions Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place it seemed the most relevant here but maybe I'm wrong Thanks

A:Burning a .iso DVD

Is there anything non essential that can be removed from the .iso? I have had to do this a few times to fit a DVD. Other than burning to dual layer disk, maybe creating a bootable flash drive (or similar) to house the .iso data would be an option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504688/burning-a-iso-dvd/
Relevancy 55.04%

I can't burn any CDs. I get an error, still. I have posted this on a few forums, so far i have tried a slower CD speed, a different CD type, a new cd burner and none work. When i got the new cd burner it worked fine, for about 3 days then it stopped again.... any ideas would help alot plz.
-blitze

Relevancy 55.04%

hello..
can any one tell me why i cannot burn a cd?

I have tried a new cd burner... i have tried nero i have tried "burnright!"
The first few burns with the programs go fine, then they stop working. I am using 700mb cd-rws if that helps? It is really becoming a problem, funny thing is i was able to burn the file one time, then i tried again and i couldn't. please help me
-blitze

A:burning a cd

Perhaps you are running out of disk space ?
Burning programs use a temporary folder for all the stuff that's being burnt.
If the temporary files fill up all the diskspace, then you can't burn any further.
Make sure you delete the temporary files after burning (If the program doesn't do it
for you)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-cd.367696/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have windows XP on a computer but i need to reformat my hard drive, buti lost the XP disk so is there anyway to burn xp to a disk

A:Burning XP

Call Microsoft, tell them you lost your disk, they might be able to send you another if you can prove to them you bought it. If its a store bought comp without a official XP install disk then you will have to call the manufacturer of the computer and ask for restore disks for your model comp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-xp.19982/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have just purchased a Memorex DVD burner. It came with NERO software which seems like a nice product. My problem is if fails to burn because of a conflict with Roxio that was already installed. I cannot remove Roxio by removing programs in the control panel. I would like to use the burner. Can you help?

Relevancy 55.04%

I have nero 6 and when I copy some of my pics or programs to a cd or dvd+r and the disc is not full.When I take the same disc another day and try to add more pics or programs to it the message says to put in a blank disc.Why cant I add more to the same disc since it is only half full or less?

A:cd/dvd burning

Chances are , that when you burn your cds, you click on "Burn Disk", when you should set it up to "Burn Session". I've never tried this with a dvd, so I'm not sure if you can burn sessions on a dvd. I know you can burn a +R dvd, and not finalize it until later. Maybe that's how you do it on a dvd? I think this only works with +R media..............
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning.441725/
Relevancy 55.04%

I tried to burn a dvd with seven or eight different videos on it. I copied the original dvd to desktop in a new folder. After that I saw a button that said burn so I clicked that with a blank dvd in the drive. After a while the burn was completed, I placed that dvd in the dvd player and it showed a "Root" on the tv screen and would not let me do anything. i was wondering if this could be fixed. The dvd is -R only.

A:burning a dvd with win 7

They DVD you created is Data DVD. You need 3rd part software to create convert your movies to DVD. What is the type of movie file? AVI, WMV, MPEG1? You can use Windows Movie Maker or try DVD Flick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-a-dvd-with-win-7-a-540731.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guy's experimenting with my CDr discs.

ok,

sceanrio 1, my 700 meg , 80min CD-R disc, when i burnt it on my home pc using the software, but I set it to burn as an AUDIO cd, it could only record some of my stuff (10 trackes), the bar meter showed up to 80 mins.

sceanrio 2, I used a DATA cdr and on same PC, but set it to write as a DATA cd not AUDIO CD and I managed to burn all my Audio tracks (20 odd tracks), showed about 250meg. with ROOM to spare

Both play fine on PC or commerical HIFI decks

???? what gives

Relevancy 55.04%

how do you format a avi and burn it to dvd?

A:burning avi to dvd

Nero VisionExpress

I use nero vision express.

Takes an extreamly long time though. A full DVD of films (approx 3) will take anything from 12 - 24 hours

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-avi-to-dvd.43178/
Relevancy 55.04%

hello,
I am looking for some help with burning copies of DVD's. i read on another forum to get dvdshirnk and cdburnerxp programs, i downloaded them but i am not really sure how to use them. i tried a few times to burn a dvd but each time it hasnt worked. can anyone give me just a basic idea of how to do it? thnx for the help. :grinthumb

A:DVD Burning help please

DVDShrink WAS a good program but it's development was halted almost two years ago when the author was hired by ahead.(Nero)

if you are trying to make copies of your commercial DVD movies and you want software that is good and easy to use try the combo of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD they work together, AnyDVD strips the copy protection on the fly as CloneDVD2 trancodes the movie.

you can download thirty day trial versions at www.slysoft.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-help-please.43032/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi all i was wondering if someone coulld help me out, when ever i try and burn an AVI or even back up my son's dvd's in dvd shrink it will shut down my computer. i have tryed nero, dvd santa and still same thing thanks for you time.

A:Burning Dvd

How much RAM do you have, and how much free space do you have on your hdd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88606/burning-dvd/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Huge problem My PC is Windows XP Professional At first I had only a CD-RW Drive H Then I installed a DVD-Ram Drive I I started burning DVDs using Nero and everything went well for a while until it started failing to complete the burning process and showing error reports I tried several things a defragmenting the drive where the files to be burnt are b uninstalling and reinstalling Nero c updating Nero d checking the quot enable CD recording on this Drive quot option in the Drive s properties which by the way unchecks itself after a while despite my clicking quot Apply quot and quot OK quot But nothing doing I started digging through and to my total surprise I noticed that the Drives H and I exchanged places in the sense that CD-RW Drive became I and DVD Ram Drive became H CD/DVD Burning And that the first is not recognized by any burning tool Nero Windows Media Player I addressed technical support at Nero and they suggested among other things which I didn t quite comprehend upgrading the firmware of the DVD Ram from the manufacturer Burning CD/DVD s site Samsung in my case This too I tried but kept getting an error message that says quot the firmware is not compatible with the selected drive quot despite the fact that the drive is automatically selected This all sounds crazy I know So I am attaching the infotool text hoping it would shed some light on this maze nbsp

A:Burning CD/DVD

I guess my problem put everybody off !
However, I have good news to share with you all, IT IS SOLVED !!
:bounce:
I was advised by the Nero support staff to uninstall all Nero products from my computer using Nero special CleanTool, which you can get from ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/General-CleanTool.zip, and then download the latest version from Nero's site.
How about that !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-cd-dvd.82035/
Relevancy 55.04%

After trying a few things I believe my burner is OK and that it s a PC software problem Burnt a DVD using Clone and everything went through fine but file is not recognized and it appears no file was burnt at all Burnt another DVD using Roxio same result as above Always used these programs previously and all has been fine Burnt music not dvd burning CD with ordinary disk and it was OK Tried burning files to a blank DVD using Explorer and it says disk is full or not recordable Put in ordinary disk and it burns OK My burner recognizes DVD and ordinary CD s but can t burn DVD s I recently had to install a trail version of AnyDVD I had a few issues with the program and had to uninstall re-install it a few times It seems it may be the culprit in that dvd not burning it has somehow disabled something in my DVD burner All dvd not burning suggestions and help greatly appreciated as I feel if I go out and buy a new burner dvd not burning I ll still have the same problem thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Can anybody tell me if a CD Writer is the same thing as a CD Burner.

Relevancy 55.04%

When I try to burn a DVD I have to use 2 discs. I burn the first half on one disc and when i try to burn the second half on another disc I get a error message when it tries to complete it, The n=message is:

Could not complete the last command because: Invalid requested time ( DVDErr.-19004)

I am using Sonic MY DVD 5

I had a previous problem with Sonic caused by DIVX and I corrected it but I am now having problems with this.

A:Dvd Burning

Which DVD burner do you have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85393/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Toshiba laptop with single CD and Roxio Easy CD Creator5 Basic. I have no trouble selecting files and burning a CD directly from Easy CD Creator.

However if I try to copy/paste a file into D: I get the message:" D: is not accessable, Incorrect Function". However I can go to D: and get its Properties and everything seems ok.

What am I doing wrong? It seems I should be able to copy or drag files to D:

Thanks for anyones help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cd.322923/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having trouble burnning CD's from my computer that i want to play on other CD players or computers

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Windows Media Player series that won t burn cds After I downloaded music and created a playlist I was unable to burn my cd At the top of my media player it said Copy quot All Music quot to quot Roxio CD Burning quot but when I clicked quot Copy quot a box appeared that said quot No devices capable of burning disks were found on your system Please check your hardware and drive connections and try again quot I don t understand what s going on because in the quot Status quot field after I pressed quot Copy quot it showed that it was completed however no Burning CDs Help songs were burned I even Help Burning CDs tried downloading a Roxia trial offer and a box appeared that said quot No recorder quot But I proceeded to Help Burning CDs try again and still nothing I don t want to keep downloading programs that s just going to take up space on my computer without being useful nbsp

A:Help Burning CDs

Obvious things -

1.Go into the properties of the CD drive in My computer.Make sure "allow CD burning from this drive is checked"

2.Go into the Device Manager and make sure it`s recognized and doesn`t have a problem.

3.Reinstall CD drivers and associated software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-burning-cds.48320/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have to burn a cd it has a .iso,.bin,.cue
I use nero what should i do and which file do i burn they cant all fit :/

A:Burning Iso

If you have the file in all three formats, burn the iso. Liz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-iso.300687/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can someone please help me.

I am trying to use "CloneDVD" to backup some DVD's.
The process is extremely slow. My friend says the process should talk around 20-30 min. but mine is taking around 1 hour.

We have the same software, dvd speed (8X) and my computer speed and ram are actually better.

does anyone have any idea why the burning takes so long/

thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

whenever i burn a cd using WMP, it always has to put that 2 second gap there... is there a way to go around? thanx

A:WMP CD burning

WMP = Windows Media Player

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27876/wmp-cd-burning/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been trying to burn movies. Can anyone tell me how to burn movies. What software? Please don't give the illegal jargon.

A:DVD Burning

There is a program that I use called Magic DVD Ripper that lets me copy movies to my hard drive and then I use Ashampoo Movie Shrink and Burn 2 to fit the whole video onto 1 CD. If you use any movie copying program make sure that you have plenty of space on your hard drive because depending on the format you copy it into the file could take up as much as 10 GB.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21352/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, someone please help. I have been using nero 6 to burn onto my old imation dvd+rw for a couple of years with no problems, then the other day tried to burn onto some new ones id bought but they wont burn. Tried the old ones again, and they do burn. Have tried using Roxio and Win dvd creator, neither of which were successful. Could it be that my burner[writemaster] doesnt recognise the new dvd's and I NEED TO BUY A NEWER BURNER.
Thanks Ian

A:dvd+rw burning

Check and see if there is a newer firmware available for your burner which supports a wider compatability of media. If not than stick to using media which works with your burner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-burning.675113/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to burn a CD. The error message keeps saying that I need to insert a CD into the drive. There, of course, is one already in it! I have tried two different brands and get the same error. I can play/read CDs from the drive it just does not recognize the blanks?? Any idea why??

A:Burning CDs

you can try to reformat them (they type of cd ex: rw,rom would help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.521086/
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently I have digitalized every photo that I own I now have folders with some sub-folders I have them on my computers and backed up on DVD s These are data dvd s and so don t show up very well in a regularlar DVD player attached to a TV I thought I had gotten really well informed lately I felt I had conquered the DVD making woes of my world Today I downloaded DVD burning all my photos to my laptop which has Vista which includes Windows DVD maker I copied all the folders to the DVD maker interface put a DVD in the drive and clicked it started encoding and copying It took hours to do the job Result There are only folders that copied that s problem Problem is that even if they were all there how do I choose which folder DVD burning I want to see Can I create some kind of directory I hope someone can help me with my problems All I want is to watch my photos on my TV screen I m not asking for much it seems Thanks nbsp

A:DVD burning

Well for number one I'm wondering what size those 13 files were in aggregate, what did the DVD maker produce and what size was that production (because sometimes the original files are included on the disc) so if the size of whatever was burned to the DVD was 4.08 gigs or larger, that's a full single sided DVD and the reason it only used 13.
Number 2, I'm assuming DVD maker made slideshow video(s)? IF so that's pretty standard operating procedure. A lot of DVD players (you'd have to check the specs to be sure) will play back data discs with folder structured jpeg format photos so that's one possibility.
Otherwise you need to do some pre-processing of your photos to allow for selecting a set for playback much like selecting a chapter in a movie--you'll need to author a DVD in the same way where each chapter would be one set of your photos you want to playback. Specific sofware programs like Premiere Elements and Studio allow for arrangement, chaptering and authoring all in one continuous multi-stepping process but you can also put together video clip slideshows of your photos in groups and save them as DV-AVI files from Windows Movie Maker. Then with a program like DVDFlick you can arrange those video clips as desired and set the program to create a new chapter or "next" point with each video. The makers of DVDFlick are working on a version that will also alow you to write a menu on the disc as well but for now that program is limited by that aspect. Of course the two pay-for programs above allow for easy menu selectable chaptering which is probably more along the lines of what you're looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.674134/
Relevancy 55.04%

One of my kids wanted some video of skateboarders, so I downloaded quite a few small free clips but am having a problem burning them to DVD.

They are .mov, .mp4, .wmv, and .m4v formats. I have quite a few burning programs both downloaded and preinstalled but none seem to want to work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

A:Burning To Dvd?

I think you have to convert those files before you burn, I'm not that savvy with video. I got a guide for maybe what you want to do http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/268285, there is a trial for the software or you could Google for a free video converter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109756/burning-to-dvd/
Relevancy 55.04%

hey im new to this. i want a simple answer to how i can take a video downloaded from you tube or any other vid site, i think its avi format. i have roxio easy cd/ and dvd software. how can i make those videos burn to a dvd+rw so that when i put it in a dvd player i can watch the vid on tv. ty very much i have pawnderd this for years now.

A:dvd burning help

Ok, so you have the files that you want and you want to put them on a dvd to watch on your tv.

Simple question, simple answer

VSO Convertxtodvd

It's about ?20, so not free but not expensive and it does the job great. I've been using it for a couple of years, it's as basic or as advanced as you wanna make it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-burning-help-443216.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I did not read the Forum Rules.

A:dvd burning

Closing thread.

Please read the Forum Rules

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.390534/
Relevancy 55.04%

I burn CD/DVD's often but have been having the issue of not being able to see whats on the cd/dvd unless I reboot my whole system. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this issue??

A:CD/DVD Burning

I can't say I have ever heard of that before. My only guess is that your system files have become corrupt. Technichally your in the wrong forum for that though and should post in software, but if that isn't the problem it would be hardware.

My recommendation would be too reinstall your burning software first, just in case those files have become corrupt.

If that doesn't solve your problem, I would try repairing windows. You will need your windows installation disk for this.

DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOUR NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE DOING

If you perform the wrong action you will wipe everything off of your computer.

To repair windows: Insert your Windows installation disk into your CD-Rom and reboot.
If your Bios are set to boot from CD-ROM it it boot from disk, othrewise your would have to change your bios. After windows boots from disk it should ask you if you want to reinstall, repair, or install a fresh copy of windows. Make sure you click to repair windows. Then select your operating system and tell it to repair.

DO NOT REINSTALL OR INSTALL A FRESH COPY OR YOU WILL WIPE YOUR DRIVE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning.510168/
Relevancy 55.04%

Burned CD and notice it saved songs as MP3. However, when I put CD in my CD at home, the CD doesn't play songs 'right away.' I have to wait a few seconds for each song to play.
Should songs have been save in MP3 format, or should they have been saved in another format, etc.?
I am new at this so not too sure of what I am doing.
The burning was done in Windows Media Player 10 (can't install 11 on this notebook for some unknown reason).
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Alice

(Hope I posted this query in right section.)

A:CD Burning

Yes, it's a two second gap. And I think in Windows Media Player 10 you can't edit the gap times. You can in iTunes though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.858020/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a new Sony DVD burner to burn the video files off of my computer. The videos are a .avi, and I was told to burn a dvd, i should convert it to a .VOB, which I did but the files I burned wern't veiwable on a DVD player. I put the video files into the video_ts folder.

How do I burn .vob files? Should I convert my video into another format?

Relevancy 55.04%

my friend wants to burn cd's but not sure how to do this he has windows media player is that what he would use to take one music cd and make a copy of it. how does he burn the cds can you tell me how step by step i am not familiar with computers and he has no internet any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 55.04%

How do i burn Video files onto a DVd cd so tha tmy dvd player can play them?

A:Burning to a DVD

You're probably looking in the wrong place, you need to move the post to Multimedia. Do a search, you will find thousands of answers in this forum.

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-to-a-dvd.359295/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi
Your the court of last resort.

I am trying to burn audio and data to CD-R disks.
I have tried CDBurnerXP Pro and both versions of DeepBurner. Neither will recognize the disks in the burner. I know there is nothing wrong with my LG burner because I can burn to CD-RW disks.

What is up with this?

Please...........

Ed

A:Burning to CD-R

For what it is worth, I have run into similar situation. Some 'burning' programs apparently will only work with one or the other type of CD. The technical reason is beyond me.
{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-to-cd-r.353298/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hope someone can help. I'm rather new to burning music. I've joined a club so I can buy tracks. I don't have a problem with arranging and burning my playlist, and the cd plays just fine. But every cd that I burn starts from the end when I put it in my stereo, car or any other device. Since its at the end of the songs it won't play until I select the track 1 so it will start at the begining of the songs. I've used a couple of programs for burning and everyone of them do this to my cd. Right now I'm using windows media player 10 (my os is xp) How can I fix this when burning so the cd will start from track one when I go to play it? thank you, -rjmitch

A:need help with burning

Dang, I thought you meant pyrotechnics...Anyway, i'd get this thread moved to the Other Software forum(use the red ! at the top right of your post). As far as I remember plenty of cd burning problems get answered over there. I myself can't answer at the moment, as I havn't burned music in a while, and never music that i've bought from an online song store(I stopped downloading any music at all over a year ago).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-burning.318039/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok, I'm having a bit of trouble burning a DVD here, I can download them and watch them on my computer with no problem at all its just getting them onto the disc and hoping they work on my dvd player.

I have a fairly new computer (vista) and when i insert my blank DVD cd's a message comes up with the following options...

burn a dvd data disc
burn files to disc
burn a dvd video disc < i choose this one and windows vd maker came up, but when i try to add items (the film) an error message comes u and says the programme has stopped working ???

can anyone give me a hand here ?

thanks in advance

A:Burning a DVD

You may want to visit the TSG rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Category I Offenses
Minor and Sometimes Unintentional Annoyances

Circumventing Copy Protection - While we believe it's reasonable to make backup copies of CDs and DVDs that you own, a lot of people break copy protection for the wrong reasons. The law is still vague, at best, as to if it is legal to break copy protection in order to make such a backup, even for personal use. (The DMCA, for example, seems to make it illegal.) As a result, we do not allow discussion of how to break copy protection at this time. If we can find a nice way to draw the line, we may reconsider this in the future as laws get sorted out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.697383/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

First of all I hope I'm posting in the right forum!! Anyway, I am the using Nero StartSmart 'Burn DVD-Video Files' to try and create a DVD that will play in a DVD player from a .avi file. The problem is that when I drag the file I want to burn in the appropriate section the 'burn' option is not highlighted. I then tried the 'Make Video CD' option; in this case the file is then too large for the blank DVD disc.

Could it be i need to convert the .avi file to a different one?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

A:Burning Dvd

Sorry I don't have any specifics for you, but I found these 4 articles that discuss .avi to DVD using Nero.There might be some information in there that you can use. Sefy's DVD Backup Guide v2.6 How to convert an NTSC (23.976 fps) XviD file to a PAL DVD How to create Anime DVD's from MKV, OGM, and AVI filesHow to convert DivX to DVDR using DVD2SVCDIf none of these help, try searching the site I got the links from, videohelp.com, as there's a load of information on CD/DVD burning and conversions.This is a great resource site for anything video related.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60855/burning-dvd/
Relevancy 55.04%

My dad recently burrowed a Phil Collins Serious Hits Live in Berlin. And he wants me To burn it. So I try to burn it I have Nero so I tried to burn it the problem is that when it starts to burn it says this disk is copyrighted. Is there anyway to get past this and burn the dvd?

A:Help on Burning DvD

You can try this.
dvd shrink

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-burning-dvd.319996/
Relevancy 55.04%

i want to download a movie from limewire and burn it to a dvd to play in a player. if this is possable what file type do i need to download and how do i go about doing this.

A:dvd burning

Sorry, have to close this one:

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.320223/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi can any one tell me how to find out if there is a cd burner on my system and how to burn cds if there is.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a window sp2, and this was something i guess i had for a while but i didn't figure this until now, I was using Nero earlier to burn memtest on the disc, it saids burn ssucessfully, so i exit it and try to see if its on the disk, when i click on the CD drive, theres nothing in it, so i'm like this program must be not working, so today i try to burn a powerpoint presentation on a disk, and i did the same thing using nero, but its not on the disc...? wtf

A:DVD Burning

did u verify the data after burning the disk? i know i had a prob after i got my new pc, the burn process was error free but when it followed up with the verification i kept getting a disk error and i also discovered i had burned a "blank" disk. anyway i finally found out it was the new dvd-r's i bought that were 16x -i was trying to burn at the same speed as my previous 8x disks. just my 2cent, worth a try eh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.559407/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone
I have hp with xp windows ,each time i tried to burn something it show a message that insert cd eventhough i have cd in .i never been able to burn anything . I hace the original cd writer and a sony cd-dvd burner .i checked the system and it said it works probely .i have nero ,roxio and media player
thank you
M C

A:cd-dvd burning

Nero and Roxio don't get along too well. I'd remove one of them. If you decide to remove Roxio, use Roxizap afterward to clean up what it leaves behind.

A new, free burner based on the well-known CDRTools is here:

http://cdrtfe.sourceforge.net/cdrtfe/index_en.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning.602608/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I'm in dire need of advice about burning data to DVD. I have a DVD burner on the way and am in need of burning about 75GB of data. I need to know everything there is to know...ASAP. This is to backup a huge PC hard drive that doesn't have a TAPE drive and I need it done VERY soon.

Can anyone give me advice on what capacity CD + general advice on DVD burning technology. I'm totally green and am in a real pinch.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

abowman

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello
I have few files that I bought from a online shop and are re-selling! is it possible to 'lock' it so no-one else can burn it and give me them out for free? Doesn't need to be really high encrpytion as I am selling it for my school friends, Just so I am no paying so much for just to be resold for free! So if you do any CD Encrpyting programs which are FREE please post here!

Thanks!

PS: Even after encryption it still needs to be read-able only. These are .pdf files which cannot be copied or burnt!

A:Cd Burning!

Is this really a Windows XP question?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39211/cd-burning/
Relevancy 55.04%

ok so my mom emailed me about this problem, but i dont have access to her computer because im an hour away from her.

I am trying to copy some photos onto a CD but when I put the blank CD into the &#8220;D&#8221; or &#8220;E&#8221; slot it says &#8220;insert disk&#8221; although I put one in.

When I put in a DVD it recognizes it but does not want to save as it says some things may be lost.

?

any suggestions

P.S when i was there a week ago a opened the computer up and everything was plugged in ok.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I have a HP CD-Writer Series 82000e plus and I have having trouble burning a cd.
I have had "Buffer underruns" which I understand somewhat. I don't know if it is caused by the writer or the disc is to fast.

The writer burns at 4x600 kbs, or 2x300 or 1x150 kbs. I am assuming that the 4x600 is the slower speed. I have noticed that when the cd starts to burn it gives a burn time of approx. 16 minutes, however when time gets within 4minutes left it fails.

I might mention that I am using nero smart start-with cdRomburn..

It was suggested that maybe the discs I am using are high speed discs. I don't know enough about that to figure this out. I am using memorex CD-R52x700mb's 80 mins.

I wonder if someone could give me some advice.

Thanks

A:Burning CD's

The slowest speed is the 1 x 150.

What are the specifications of the PC that you are using to do the burning with?

The buffer under-run is where the PC cannot keep up with the data required.

Also you should never use the PC for any other task when burning.

Is this an external or internal CD drive? What WIndows version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.453609/
Relevancy 55.04%

I was using ms's own burning system yesterday, but now i cant burn dvds , i cant ready them. i uninstalled the drivers and automaticly set up em but no solutions pls help. "windows couldnt end this" i cant format new dvds. pls help.

Relevancy 55.04%

I used Wondershare DVD creator to create a DVD. The problem i had was that once i finished all the editing and i tried to burn to my DVD, it said that i needed to select a folder with sufficient space for the temporary files.

I don't actually have enough space on my hard drive, so i was wondering if it were possible to use an external hard drive as the place for the DVD to put its temporary files.

A:DVD Burning HELP

Best way to find out is to try it and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-help.1124234/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Guys: just got DVD X COPY for my machine. There are no instructons with it , I would like to know if there is a site to read up on this program, the site they send you to is to buy more products from them.
In any of these DVD copy programs do they copy to CD-RW or CD-R or do you have to copy from a DVD to a DVD? I say this because I thought I had a go at it but it stopped when I place a CD-RW in th edrive for the second step.

Any Help would be helpful Thanks again Ellen

A:Burning DVD's

To back up a DVD film, you use DVD shrink to store the film on hardrive, then use Nero Burn or Roxio to copy the film in a DVD. Using DVD shrink, you could also change the total size of the film to the size of one CD, then you could use Nero to burn it on a CD. You could also want to try DVD Ripper to rip a DVD to a CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.224743/
Relevancy 55.04%

Drive working fine until yesterday Have burned dvd s and cd s Problems started when I tried to install a second drive cd-r had ide set to master and slave Noticed that when I put dvd-r into correct drive Not CD/DVD-R Burning it changed the drive from dvd-r to cd-rom None of my burning software pinnacle nero etc will recognize drive as dvd-r Took out second drive cd-r and switch dvd-r back to cs Everything is as it was however still have same problem of dvd-r switching to cd-rom and not being able to burn Have tried to use help from http support microsoft com kb but there are no upper or lower filters to remove I have uninstalled from device manager and reboot but still have problem Compaq Presario SR SR NX windows XP media center This might or might not help saw where it was asked for in another thread Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v Upper Device Filter redbook Upper Class Filter None Found Device CD DVD-ROM Device Lower Class Filter None Found Lower Device Filter imapi Filter Name redbook File Name C WINDOWS system DRIVERS redbook sys File Version xpsp - File Description Redbook Audio Filter Driver Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Product Version Company Name Microsoft Corporation Copyright Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Filter Name imapi File Name C WINDOWS system DRIVERS imapi sys File Version xpsp - File Description IMAPI Kernel Driver Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Product Version Company Name Microsoft Corporation Copyright Microsoft Corporation All CD/DVD-R Not Burning rights reserved nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-r-not-burning.939266/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have completed a movie+audio, it is 24 minutes long, Am using memorex dvd r ,lightscribe dvd's. When I go to burn dvd it only completes approx. 40%. I have windows xp media edition, am burning through Windows media player, and am using windows movie maker.
Would you please direct in the right direction.
Thank you !

A:Burning dvd's

what error do you get when it stops

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.775905/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, can anyone tell me whether I need to buy software to burn dvd"s in windows 7 or is it part of 7?

A:burning dvd's

If you're referring to copying DVDs then yes you would . If you're asking burning .iso files no just right click on the file and choose Burn image to disc .

You would need two drives to copy the DVDs though . Unless you want to copy the files to the hard drive then burn the files to a DVD . You could use Windows 7 to do that . A lot of people use third party software like Roxio or Nero .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291418-burning-dvds.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to burn a DVD of 9 video clips each at around 400Mb, all of them are AVI. I have put together a Menu, but its telling me that I can only fit 2 of these clips on. Whats the best format for burning to DVD? And does it change the format automatically to be a bigger file?

Relevancy 55.04%

can anyone help me?

i need to find some cd buring software for the MAC OS that will burn cd's and make bootable cd's like nero does for the pc.

cant find anything that does this.

Thanks,

Caine

A:CD burning?

Disco or Roxio Toast

Also for just burning just files you can just drag and drop then click burn. For burning isos and images you can use Disk Utility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.65621/
Relevancy 55.04%

can anyone help me?

i need to find some cd buring software for the MAC OS that will burn cd's and make bootable cd's like nero does for the pc.

cant find anything that does this.

Thanks,

Caine

A:CD burning?

Disco or Roxio Toast

Also for just burning just files you can just drag and drop then click burn. For burning isos and images you can use Disk Utility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.65621/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a computer with vista....i am having a problem with making dvds...either i burn a dvd and everything does not burn...or i put in a dvd-rw it seems to make everything freeze up....i don't know if this is a problem with the type of dvd i'm using or the computer itself...i'm using nero 7 to make dvds(although i was using dvd flick and i encountered the same problem so i don't think it's the program)...any help would be appreciated greatly.

A:help with burning

Its important to defrag the drive before you burn the files not every time just check the defragmenter to see how fragmented the drive is moving large file deleting etc fragments the drive..i use nero7 and dvd flick (get the latest version) check performance in windows task manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-burning.773459/
Relevancy 55.04%

I downloaded a iso that is zipped.When burning this to dvd do I extract it first then buurn or just burn the zipped file?
Thanks foe any info

A:ISO burning

Just extract the ISO. to your desktop or directory that suits you, then burn away.
If you dont mind me asking, what is in the ISO?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314540-iso-burning.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey I have used Dvd decrypter for a year now and I have never updated it because thay stopped makin it but I have had no problems I'm happy but I'm wondering if I am gettin the max of my Dvd Burners patential (Is there a better Dvd buring program out there)I also9 use Dvd shrink

So you have software that decrypts and copies DVDs.

Maybe its just me but thats illegal and unethical.:unch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds.63042/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey I have used Dvd decrypter for a year now and I have never updated it because thay stopped makin it but I have had no problems I'm happy but I'm wondering if I am gettin the max of my Dvd Burners patential (Is there a better Dvd buring program out there)I also9 use Dvd shrink

So you have software that decrypts and copies DVDs.

Maybe its just me but thats illegal and unethical.:unch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds.63042/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm not sure this is the correct forum, but here goes: I have a movie on my hard drive that I would like to burn to a DVD that will play on my DVD player through my TV. Is this possible? And if so, could someone outline the steps for me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.772267/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I decided to make a copy of my windows 7 home premium dvd,So I went about it with the use of dvd fab it copied the dvd to my folder on the hdd okay.But it has copied it as a 7zip file.
Is that normal or should it be something other.Any help Please.Should I have used another program for the job?
Thank You.

A:Burning iso to hdd

I would have used ImgBurn.

It's a 2 part procedure:

You first create an image file from the contents of the original DVD. It should be saved on your hard drive as an ISO file, not 7 zip.

You then write (burn) that ISO file to a fresh blank disk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwscW45h2YU

Above is a link that takes you through it, including getting ImgBurn.

I know nothing about DVD Fab, so don't know where you went wrong.

It is possible there is an ISO file inside that 7 zip file. You'd have to unzip it to find out. If it is an ISO inside, then all you'd have to do is burn that ISO to a disc.

Then of course confirm that it will in fact boot your PC and begin the install procedure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364317-burning-iso-hdd.html
Relevancy 55.04%

HELP!!!

When I try to burn a dvd, it says it is copyrighted. How do I get around that. I know there is a way because they wouldnt sell dvd burners if you couldn't burn them. Please help me!!!

Relevancy 55.04%

Merry HO HO HO to alll Do hope you all aren t buried dvd-r on and burning cd-rw in mounds of snow The big storm by passed Elkhart IN Thank you God Hope too Santa gives you all the goodies on your list Ok tried to burn photos Nero indicated after I tried to do this that I needed to insert a dvd-r cd-r etc duh i did but it wouldn t burn how do i get it to if i can and if i do burning on dvd-r and cd-rw can it be inserted in a dvd player to view on the tv This is the only way my dearest friend in Texas can view our family photos Also have yet been able to rewrite on a cd-rw Each time it says i can t do burning on dvd-r and cd-rw this hmmm Any ideas To all this Christmas and always have The gladness of Christmas which Hope The Spirit of Christmas which is Peace The Heart of Christmas which is Love God bless us everyone Thanks much for your help nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

What is a program that lets you burn movie dvd's? I have heard of dvd copy x but that it was pulled from the market. Any others out there to backup my movies?

A:DVD burning

There are several out there some freewae adn some you have to pay for. DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter are two freeware programs. but they are discontinued and are not being updated. of the pay for programs I prefer the combo of CloneDVD2 (from elaborateBytes or slysoft) and AnyDVD. CloneDVD2 does the transcoding and burning but does not bypass any copy protections. ( which is why the program is legal.) AnyDVD is installed and runs in the background and strips copy protections from movies or audio CD's on the fly. you can get the combo of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD at slysoft.com and if you buy them together you get a discount.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning.37309/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just completed a slide show, I have it on Roxio Photo Suite Software, problem is when I burn the VCD it plays on the computer exactly right , with the music timed with the photos like I set it up, but when I play the VCD in the DVD player the pictures move too fast and dont keep up with the music. I hope someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks.

A:Burning a VCD

Just checking to see if anyone has posted a reply yet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-vcd.157283/
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay I don't know if this is too off-topic, but I'm putting it here. Mods can move it or whatever. Anyway, I'm kind of getting frustrated over this so here goes...

I tried to put a file that was 23 MB on a CD-RW that I had already saved to and it said that all the files were "read-only". Not only that, the whole drive seems to be "read-only". Does anyone know how to change that? Also, I tried to put a NEW cd-rw in the burn drive and the drive doesn't recognize that there's anything in there. When I put it in the D drive it says that the cd isn't formatted. All I want to do is put this one video file on a cd and it seems like a terrible hassle. Help?

A:CD burning...

Yes it can be changed.

Put the disc in the drive.
MY Computer> Right click on the drive > Open> Right click the file> Properties> at the bottom change from read only.

Copy that file back to your hard drive.
Format the disc and then send both of your files back to the disc a once.
BUT dont "trust" CD-RW discs. They are shakey at best. Do yourself a favor and copy this to a CDR if you really need to be sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.205710/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi there
i have recently installed windows 7 and have found that my 2 burning progarams have stop burning things now.
why is this happening? i have nero 9 and an old version of roxio. both worked fine until i got windows 7.
i just tried to burn a disk with media player and that also didnt work.
my cd drive is fine so is there any answers?
thanks heaps

A:Burning cd's and DVD's

Hi,

Are you getting any error messages or anything when trying to use these programs or are they simply not starting up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/54935-burning-cds-dvds.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am new with windows 7 -previously used xp - how do I set up a backup to go to the cd? in xp it would go to a file and then tell you that you had files waiting to be burned. Any suugestions would be great -thank you -
el

A:cd burning

I think a CD maybe too small for a & back up to be honest.....you should ideally use a DVD..

If you want to access the back up its : Control Panel > System & Security > Back Up computer

and there are options as you see fit

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/100904-cd-burning.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a two-computer network. I have NERO software for burning cds, but in the NERO Explorer I can only see files on the computer on which NERO is installed. Unfortunately most of my music files are on the other computer.

What do I do to see the files on the other computer in my network? I do not see any kind of settings to change in NERO so that it will recognise the files on the other computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:CD burning

All you have to do is set the folder containing the MP3s as "shared". That way they can be seen from the other machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.215989/
Relevancy 55.04%

I want to burn a movie (2 hours worth) on a DVD. It won't fit normally but I think there is an option called "Extended play" or something like that, that will make it that a lot more minutes can fit on a DVD but less quality.

Can anyone help, I want to put this movie on my DVD.

Relevancy 55.04%

Not sure where to put this but I have a folder with VOB files. How do you burn VOB files to DVD. Or should I say who makes a good program for this?

A:Burning DVD's

From our 'Vista Forum

Burning functional DVD from VOB files - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103846-burning-dvds.html