Windows Support Forum

Windows 2000 Server/Printer/ECRM Software/MACAFEE

Q: Windows 2000 Server/Printer/ECRM Software/MACAFEE

hi guys,

i am having a problem with my Win2k Server.few days before i installed Norten antivirus software on that and from the time users are experiencing Network Congestion.we have also installed Network printer and ECRM software on that server,but the users are some time unable to access ECRM ,some timesw they can't print.
Now we have removed Norten and installed Macafee anti virus,but still the problme persists.We had restart that pc after some time again and it works fine for some time.

so any one could suggest me that what exactly might be the problem.

p.s We do not have any kind of problem at user level or application.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-printer-ecrm-software-macafee.407302/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 2000 Server/Printer/ECRM Software/MACAFEE

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi!!
can someone tell me where Windows 2000 server store all printer drivers after I instal a new driver??
regards,

gicio

A:Where store Windows 2000 server printer drivers?

If you need drivers for a spesific printer, check the manufacturer's website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-store-windows-2000-server-printer-drivers.166586/
Relevancy 73.53%

I ve got a server HP DL G with Windows Server edition running open! Windows 2000 Server: won't folder Printer a proprietary web based application and hosting approximately printer shares Recently just about everyday all printers will stop responding I can t print to them from this web based application I can t print from Word and I can t print test pages from workstations or the server When I log onto the server to open the Printers Windows 2000 Server: Printer folder won't open! Folder nothing happens Folder won t open My Computer won t open Explorer won t open a window etc The server isn t however locked up as I can use the mouse and keyboard Shortly after this happens I get complaints that the web based application has stopped responding At this point I can t go to Start and do a restart the screen fades out to grayish color Windows 2000 Server: Printer folder won't open! and hangs I have to do a hard reset to get the server back online I ve contacted the manufacture of the web based application while doing research they don t believe their application is causing the problem The server has been scanned for viruses and spyware with clean results Nothing appears to be running in the background that shouldn t be The server has Gigs of memory and several gigs of free space What should I start looking at from this point I ve tried just about everything I can think of as far as driver issues corrupt software viruses spyware etc Any ideas Thanks MePH nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-printer-folder-wont-open.384611/
Relevancy 73.53%

Will someone please explain to me briefly what the difference is between all of these? Why would one want one over the other?

I guess that Windows 2000 is sort of like NT Workstation. If not, please tell me.

And what is the difference between Windows 2000 Server and 2000 Advanced Server?

A:{Advice Offered} - Windows 2000 Professional, 2000 Server, 2000 Anvanced Server--the difference?

Greetings

Win2K Professional is, indeed, just NT Workstation 5.0

The real difference between Win2K Server and Win2K Advanced Server is scalability. To quote a CNET article: "Three versions of the operating system will be available next week (it's an old article): Windows 2000 Professional, aimed at PCs and workstations; Windows 2000 Server, for file-and-print servers; and Windows 2000 Advanced Server, supporting clustering, which is a way of making several systems act as a single, more powerful computer.

To quote the FAQ from www.winmag.com:
Windows 2000 Professional is the workstation edition of Windows 2000. This is basically Windows NT Workstation 5.0, although Win2K Professional of course includes all of the new technologies for Win2K.

Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server is the server edition of Windows 2000, which is designed to serve small- to mid-sized businesses and workgroups. Server supports up to 4GB of physical RAM and up to 4 processors per computer. Advanced Server supports up to 8GB of RAM and 8 processors per computer.

Windows 2000 Datacenter Server is designed for large businesses and computer clusters. Datacenter supports up to 32 processors per computer and up to 64GB of RAM, as well as built-in clustering and load-balancing features.

Is that what you wanted?

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-windows-2000-professional-2000-server-2000-anvanced-server-the-difference.29052/
Relevancy 64.93%

Kinda a silly question but i recently bought a Tripplite UPS I dont like there software quot Poweralert quot at all I came across the software from APC UPS maker called quot powerchute quot And im wondering if i could use that software instead of the software that came with my tripplite or any other recommended UPS software that has good features From what i can tell windows is not using any of the tripplite drivers for monitoring the UPS so the device manager says so i think i 2000 Software for server UPS would be able to without having windows lose the monitoring connection I was UPS Software for 2000 server originally going to use the built in power management feature but ive had bad luck with the stock windows power managment feature and would rather use a rd party software So any ideas on weather or not i could use software from a different manufacture for my tripplite UPS Any and all help suggestions personal experinaces is greatly appreciated Thanks for reading and HAPPY NEW YEAR nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys i have a win k Domain controller set up as a Print Server but i need abit of information My something lists.) makes server Printer that (just need software, boss wants me to create a list of all things printed such as the size whom printed it to what printer and the name of the Printer server software, (just need something that makes lists.) document Well its easy enough to make a spare Event log in event viewer and set it up to only record print events but problem is when i export the list to a TXT to print it i only get the basic stuff i don t get what i need which is the discription Which can be found by dbl clicking on one of the print events Now i m wondering if there is a program out there that would just make my life alot easyer something that would print out nice little reports for my allpowerful boss Also while i m at it i ll post the rest of my wishlist I need a program Printer server software, (just need something that makes lists.) that can record all the websites visited on the network and that could make a nice little list very similar to the print server list If anyone could give me a hand i d really appreteate it nbsp

A:Printer server software, (just need something that makes lists.)

Not sure if Karen's Print Logger works on Network Printers. It says it does but I have never tested it.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptprnlog.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-server-software-just-need-something-that-makes-lists.369383/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I'm having a problem with removing McAfee from my laptop.I tried to go through control panel but all I get is this picture.With no way of getting around it.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?preview=Screenshot+2016-08-25+20.40.40.png

I tried using the removal tool as well but I keep getting the message about an incomplete installation and that not all the files have been removed successfully.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624844/problems-with-removing-preinstalled-macafee-software/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Sir,
Please guide me through the process of changing Administrator Password of Windows 2000 Server (Where SQL 2000 Server is running having Mixed mode Authentication, with blank SA password). I have once changed it from logon screen (by pressing ctrl+alt+del). But after that my SQL server stopped running (I had blank password for SQL). I couldnot fix the error.

Please tell me both the process, to be followed, while changing Windows 2000 Server password, when the SA password of SQL is (1) Blank (2) is not Blank. Please tell me is there any step to be taken in SQL 2000 Server, after changing the password of the Windows 2000 Server Administrastor?

With alot of good wishes and thanks in advance,

Barun Kumar Tiwari
INDIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-windows-2000-runing-sql-2000-server-administrator-password.216532/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have an HP Pavilion running Windows 8.1 which came with MacAfee LiveSafe installed. What steps should I take to remove the MacAfee LS and download free software to replace it?

A:How do you remove MacAfee LiveSafe and replace it with free software

Download your free software and save it. After removing McAfee reboot then go into your downloads and install the AV..
Use (MCPR) to uninstall.
If you need a free  AV suggestion , use ◾Avira Antivir

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534317/how-do-you-remove-macafee-livesafe-and-replace-it-with-free-software/
Relevancy 60.63%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have 2 servers; windows 2000 & windows 2008, I can always access them via XP but my system 7 home can't authenticate. It appears to add the domain name as a preamble my user name in the authentication....does this make sense?

thank
-Jeff

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-logon-to-server-2000-or-server-2008-from-windows-7-home-469638.html
Relevancy 60.63%

IP Network: Dhcp server works fine. (CISCO ROUTER)

Windows 200o servers, Windows 2000 clients (up to dated, sp4, rollup1 etc) IS6sp1

Some pc's with IP dhcp , works ok
Some pc's with fixed IP, works ok

After changing fixed IP on a client to dhcp-IP, the client can not find the DHCP server.
change back to fixed IP, PC works fine again.

DHP server and other DHCP clients still working fine

Local Area connection status: only outgoing packets, no incoming.

reboot, or ipconfig /renew no solutions

Does someone know this problem ?
Pieter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-dhcp-server-found-after-using-fixed-ip-windows-2000-dhpc-server-works-fine.538322/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I have a problem to access file server on Windows Server 2000 from a Windows 7 PC. For your information, due to some reasons, both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000 are in different domain.

I have tried all suggested solutions which are :
i. to unchecked both attributes in 'Network Security : Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC)' for both clients and server.
ii. to apply 'Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' in 'Network Security : LAN Manager authentication level'
iii. to make sure the time setting for both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000 are the same.

But still, i couldn't access the file server. In fact, each time I entered domain\username to authenticate, it will give out this message :

Since I am kinda new to this troubleshooting things, it would be great if someone can tell me why does this happening. Is it because of the different domain?

thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 unable to Access file server on Windows Server 2000

To connect to the server you would need to enter the credentials of the domain user on the server that would have access. For example if the domain was 'home' with a user 'Josh' then I would put:

home\Josh

As the username. If you want to get advanced you could try and form a trust with the other domain in active directory so that the other domain has permission to access the server

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307482-windows-7-unable-access-file-server-windows-server-2000-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have trouble installing a HP Color LaserJet N printer has JetDirect Printer Server N with IP address of to my XPpro PC I was stuck when Add Printer Wizard ask me to specific a Printer I selected Browse for a printer and came up with nothing no printer I tried selecting Connect to this printer but I do not know what name to type in Example is server printer I tried selecting Connect Printer Can to printer Windows card) a XPpro C8550N Server HP install LJ not (with to a printer on the Internet or on a home or office network but I do not what URL to type in Example is http server printer myprinter printer Therefore I cancelled the installation I had then installed its Printer Utility The utility is capable of finding the printer and showing me it s Properties However I still ended up with no printer listed to use in Printers and Faxes So XPpro is a step backward in this case I could install this printer with printer server on W ME because their Add Printer Wizards allow me to use either the IP address or the hardware address to locate the printer server I hope I have described my problem well Please help Randy nbsp

A:Can not install a HP LJ C8550N printer (with Printer Server card) to Windows XPpro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-install-a-hp-lj-c8550n-printer-with-printer-server-card-to-windows-xppro.201520/
Relevancy 58.48%

is there a way i can get a list with all the users login time, log off time, and all the info?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, Can any1 help me i have did upgrade Windows 2000 Ent. Server (SP4) to Windows 2003 Ent. Server, but after rebooting the machine all of sudden BLUE screen appears with mentioning below error though OS working in safe mode. Please help me out to resolve the issue ASAP.
Driver_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Then at the end it says
Beginning dump of physical memory

HYDIS.sys address 7505AF5 base at F74E9000
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xf3bbf000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF7505AF5)

Physical memory dumb.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group
BR,

Sharjeel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-upgrade-windows-2000-ent-server-to-windows-2003-ent-server.625977/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a new Lenovo Windows PC I have a Brother MFC- CN printer directly attached to it via USB Per instructions printer Windows 7 printer Incorrect driver: server I did NOT install any Brother software on the new PC I just connected it via USB and the PC automatically installed the drivers etc Printing Incorrect printer driver: Windows 7 printer server from that PC to the locally attached printer works like a champ I have set up this printer via a network share called BrotherMFC so I can use this printer from other PCs I have a Dell desktop Windows XP PC that used to be the computer that had this printer locally attached and a Dell laptop with Windows Vista that I want to access this printer via the network On each of these PCs I have gone through the quot Add a Printer quot wizard and I selected network vs local printer and find the printer share However when I select the printer share and click OK it appears to try and install software or something and says the printer driver on the printer server is incorrect How can this driver be quot incorrect quot when it is the driver the new PC used to install Is there a quot special quot driver the system needs to act as a printer server properly Or is there any known compatibility issues of printing via a network share form Windows XP and Vista PCs to Windows I know the most optimum solution is to get a wireless print server but this solution of using a network printer share over the network has worked great and saves me having to spend on a wireless print server Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Incorrect printer driver: Windows 7 printer server

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incorrect-printer-driver-windows-7-printer-server.911784/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, Is there any program like PCAnywhere that I could use on my network to veiw other terminal screen "Real Time" without haveing to dial into them? I would like to do this over my network, not over the phone line. Thanx a lot for all your help.

Kermit

Relevancy 57.19%

RPC server and Printer Spooler problems Hi i m running windows xp professional edition i had to wipe my system after a nightmare virus infected my machine my friend then reloaded xp pro from scratch its all been working fine but i can t reload my printer onto the machine first i got error messages saying printer spooler service not running please restart computer to start service so i had a look in the services area and restarted the spooler service manually i then tried to install again and got the same message so i looked up solutions on the net that included clearing all the printer drivers from the computer and then restarting the computer with the services i Server/RPC server Printer problems Windows XP needed RPC server Windows XP Printer Server/RPC server problems and Printer Spooler set to automatic i started the installation again and got the same message this time i went down the corrupted files route and replaced the spoolss dll spoolsv exe winspool drv and winspool exe files in the win system with fresh new ones off the installation disk I can t access winspool drv as its part of winlogin ran the pirinter installation again and this time i got an RPC server unavailable error i again checked the RPC server and it was running in the services window also all of its dependents are working fine so it must therefore be running I tried again this time it said Remote Procedure Call unavailable By the way the DCOM server is already working Windows XP Printer Server/RPC server problems Every now and then i get a script error when restarting the spooler from services as well An error has occured in the script on this page Line Char error unexpected error Code URL res C windows system mmcndmgr dll views htm I ve ran virus checks malware checks registry cleaners Windows XP Printer Server/RPC server problems ad-aware AVG RegCure MalwareBytes Registry Booster Spybot S amp D everything you can think of to locate any kind of problem I did find something called win backdoor bedienks after an adaware scan and it took a couple of attempts to get rid of it But its gone now So far nothing is working i cannot install any type of printer and therefore i can t reinstall my scanner either as its part of the same installation if i get past the printer spooler problem i just end up with an RPC server problem I ve checked out all the threads on here and i ve already done everything that is suggested it seems mad to have to reinstall the whole of XP just for one tiny Win system Sorry its a bit long but i ve been working on this problem for months now and it just ain t working so any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows XP Printer Server/RPC server problems

When your friend reinstalled Windows did they install all the hardware drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193425/windows-xp-printer-serverrpc-server-problems/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi All

Am I right in thinking that they are both pretty similar except that server has support for multiple processors and extra network related tools and facilities. The reason I ask is that if a piece of software works on Windows 2000 server, is it extremely likely that it will work on Windows 2000 professional too? As a bit of background information: I work for a small company which supplies temperature monitoring equipment which needs to be networked. I've been told that it has been tested on Windows 2000 server but not on Window 2000 professional.

Thanks

A:Windows 2000 professional and Windows 2000 server: same?

Yes, the OS are pretty much the same. The server edition supports more than 10 simultaneous connections (for file and print sharing) and supports network stuff as you said. But those differences could potentially break an application depending on what it does and how it interacts with the OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-professional-and-windows-2000-server-same.611098/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I have recently encountered a browser hijacker problem and search engine redirects using google yahoo and safari in IE and Mozilla Firefox I am using a dell pc with windows XP bit Whenever I type in a search and click on the link it takes me to another website If I right click on the link choose copy link location and paste that into the address bar that works I have run Malware bytes which found several trojans - log results are below Malware bytes said it didn t delete ecrm goo My PC won t allow me to download Spydoctor or Trend Micro I get an error message saying - error cannot install - or something to that effect I have run ad-aware which only picked up low risk cookies My PC is running very slow it takes - mins just to open up IE or Firefox and some links take minutes to open up I have posted the DDS log below Malware Bytes logMalwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Quick ScanObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected C WINDOWS system ecrm goo Backdoor Bot - gt Delete on reboot Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE AntiAID Rogue AntiAID - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CLASSES ROOT idid Trojan Sasfix - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell Hijack Shell - gt Bad Explorer exe rundll exe ecrm goo srjds Good Explorer exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft ecrm.goo Infected with possible redirect other trojan trojans and Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center FirewallDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected C WINDOWS system ecrm goo Backdoor Bot - gt Delete on reboot C Documents and Settings Dan Local Settings Temp C tmp Backdoor Bot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Documents and Settings Dan Local Settings Temp D tmp Backdoor Bot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS system spool prtprocs W X ef tmp Trojan FakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Infected with ecrm.goo trojan and other possible redirect trojans WINDOWS system spool prtprocs W X e tmp Trojan FakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully DDS LOGDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dan at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW disabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B Infected with ecrm.goo trojan and other possible redirect trojans -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost Infected with ecrm.goo trojan and other possible redirect trojans exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k ... Read more

A:Infected with ecrm.goo trojan and other possible redirect trojans

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296520/infected-with-ecrmgoo-trojan-and-other-possible-redirect-trojans/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can someone take a look at this and let me know what they think Thanks Nicholas Also under the running processes it does Windows 2000 Log Server not show in the scan but in the taskmanager there are like copies of csrss exe running Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT System termsrv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adaptec Adaptec Storage Manager StorServ exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec NT beremote exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell lmgrd exe C WINNT system Dfssvc exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C WINNT System llssrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL BKUPEXEC Binn sqlservr exe D MM BHDMS Bellhowell exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C WINNT system ntfrs exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT Windows 2000 Server Log system locator exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system lserver exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system wusvc exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbmux exe C WINNT system tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System dns exe C WINNT System ismserv exe C WINNT system msdtc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files VERITAS VxUpdate VxTaskbarMgr exe Windows 2000 Server Log C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINNT system hphmon exe C WINNT system atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C WINNT system rdpclip exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell TurboCon exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell Zybis exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system rdpclip exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell TurboCon exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell Zybis exe D Program Files Bell amp Howell ZybisAccounting EXE C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system rdpclip exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell TurboCon exe d Program Files Bell amp Howell Zybis exe C WINNT system ntvdm exe C WINNT system ntvdm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop hijackthis HiJackThis exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search starband net R - HKCU Software Micro... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-2000-server-log-249514.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Greetings my PCs which is a Pentium iv got a problem and it was not starting to the desk top. When we used the win 2000 server CD and it fix the problem there was another problem created. I could no longer log on the computer with all the passwords both the administrator's and general users. I need some help on what to do so as to log using those passwords again.

A:Windows 2000 server

Sounds like you overwrote the previous users, as such they can't be restored, only recreated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server.181342/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am trying to find where temp. internet files are located on this type of operating system. I know they are located on a win 98 se in C:/system/temp. internet files but I can't find them on windows 2000 server. Can someone let me know where they are located. I greatly appreciate any help.

A:Windows 2000 server os

They are under each user's home directory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-os.214628/
Relevancy 54.61%

In my event viewer it shows that i have a few people attempting to crack into my account.

I was wondering is their a program that can monitor who is trying to log in to the server, and have it log their ip and allow me to block the ip?

Im trying to secure my server up because i just don't have the cash right now to buy server 2003.

Relevancy 54.61%

We are running Windows Server 2000 SP 3 and IIS 5.0. We are having some problems with Exchange 2003 and it might be caused by not running IIS 6.0. Is there a way to update the IIS without upgrading the OS? If so, how do you do this?

Relevancy 54.61%

In my company we all are connected to our server via Cable connection thru a Router. We all access the data base in our server as well as the web. My company wants to limit employees to access certain websites that could invite hackers to crash our system. We do have an antivirus but that will not stop hackers. We found out that some employees are accessing the web too much. Is there a way to restrict an employee from certain sites??? What software do you recommend, or is there a way someone can walk me thru the network security issue ???? Thank you very much, any help I will really appreciate.
Jaime

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server.450551/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I Am Just A Bigner So Plz Excuse My Ignorence
Could U Plz Tell Me How To Connect Ibm System X 2000 Based Server And Xp Nodes Through 2000 Domain So When I Give Password In The Nodes And Enter It Gets Connected To The Servers Domain

A:need help with windows 2000 server

Welcome to TSG....

Try this article:

http://cc.jlab.org/docs/services/windows/W2Kconfig.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-windows-2000-server.614102/
Relevancy 54.61%

my iis 4 to host my own web page my isp is blocking port 80 have tryied port 8080, 79, 78 noe seam to be working help please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-iis-4.197413/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Down 2000 server Windows Compaq Windows 2000 server Down Proliant ML running Windows server It allows me to login but then gives me a blank desktop When I use Task manager in an attempt to browse to my system drive I am unable to run explorer exe The infection has diabled system related executables on the server I can not access the internet to run Windows 2000 server Down an online scan either So far I have tried the following Cant get to a command prompt control panel or any administrative function on the computerRemoved the infected drives amp Windows 2000 server Down installed another in order to install fresh copy of Windows After the new Windows install I then applied sp and Microsoft critical updates I installed a trial version of Kaspersky Enterprise AV Software on the serverI have unplugged the server from the networkEverything seemed to run fine after installing the new copy of Win until I added the infected drives which I did scan with the Kaspersky software however soon after the scan I started seeing signs of infection on my new drive My NIC does not appear to be working and now Kaspersky Administration shows that I have an IP address of The infection appears to have originated from a TAX program update At this point I can login to the server with the new drive I created and I can see the other drives I am afraid I will lose my ability to perform administrative tasks over time just like the original system drive did Just a note almost all of the client computers on this network have been infected as well I need help disabling this virus and getting my server back up and running

A:Windows 2000 server Down

I am moving this from the HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum as no logs have been posted. ~ OB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202913/windows-2000-server-down/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have three MAC OS X computers, that lose there connection to my Windows 2000 Server, and the only way to reconnect them is to reboot the Server. Has anyone heard of this...

Thanks for the help

Scott

A:MAC to Windows 2000 Server

Make sure the Mac systems are running the correct version of TCP/IP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-to-windows-2000-server.169076/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have enabled ftp server on my windows 2000 server/ISA Server.Our internet connection is ADSL with US robotics router running. I configured the ISA Server to allow the ftp requests. I tested the connection using web browser as well as cute ftp and I have no problem in connecting by entering static IP Address from web browser and cute ftp.

The objective for ftp server is to share files with our clients. Now the problem is i can connect by entering my static ip address but not the internal domain name of my windows 2000 server which is tecnoserve.dxb. I dont want to give my clients our Static ip address to connect our ftp server.

All i want is, that my client should open web browser and enter ftp://ftp.tecnoserve.dxb and login to the ftp server.

How to forward the incoming ftp requests to my windows 2000 server ip address which is 192.168.0.1 (tecnoserve.dxb)

pls help...

A:FTP on Windows 2000 Server

you need to use port forwarding for port 21 to your servers IP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-on-windows-2000-server.448066/
Relevancy 54.61%

A DOS prompt keeps popping up on my 2000 Server showing Tracing activities. [RASADHLP (Tracing Active)] The only tracing that was done on this computer was Network Monitor. We uninstalled all network monitor tools and can not find where this is running from to stop it. We have also deleted any registry keys pertaining to the HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Traci. Could you help us figure out what is running so we may stop it?

Thanks

A:Windows 2000 Server

I'd run a trojan/antivirus scan. I know that the SubSeven uses that dll as well as a few others.

Hackfix has a nice site that'll help you find out if you've been infected with sub7 or not. Even if not, I'd still run a full scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server.114965/
Relevancy 54.61%

We have a windows server DC Everything was working fine It was acting as a DHCP server We got new internet service and the new router was configured as a dhcp server which i didn t know this So it started shooting out wierd IP s to the client pc s Now i turned off dhcp on the server There server 2000 Windows are about computers getting IP s from the router Everyone is having problems now connecting at different times They are Windows 2000 server all getting IP s xxx Some people will be connected to the internet others will not be able to connect then all of a sudden they will be able to connect but not print to the network printer then the internet will freeze up then they will be fine for a while The error log on the server is saying The DHCP service in not servicing any Clients because none of the active netwrok interfaces have statically configured IP addresses or there are no active interfaces DHCP is not active on the server Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I m not sure if this should go in the software forum or here but I think NetShield is included with Windows Server so I ll post it here About weeks ago netshield stopped working on my server The icon just sits in the 2000 Windows Server ?'s system tray with a red circle w a line going through it When I load a TS connection I am prompted with the following when the desktop loads quot The NetShield Task Manager or On-Access Scanning service is not running on the local server Would you like to start services now quot I click quot Yes quot the red circle line goes away for about seconds and then returns If Windows 2000 Server ?'s I right click on the icon and choose quot Enable quot I get the following prompt quot The NetShield Task Manager or On-Access Scanning service is not running on the server MYSERVERNAME Would you like to start services now quot Of course I would So I click quot Yes quot and nothing happens If I view the services there are services for this application All of them are set to quot Auto quot but only two of them are running The service not running is quot Network Associates McShield quot If I try to start the service I get an error stating quot Could not start the Network Associate McShield service on local Computer Error The Process terminated unexpectedly quot Grrrrrrr So my first thought is quot maybe I have a virus prohibiting the service from enabling So I ran different online virus scans and found nothing besides a few viruses in my IMAIL directory but those were deleted and the problem is still here So What should I do I searched around on Google and couldn t find anything similar to the problems I m having nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I'm a newbie in Microsoft products. I would like your opinion which OS variant is better.. NT4 or Windows 2000 Server... My current application uses NT4 but since Windows 2000 Server is built with NT4 Technology I tried changing to Windows 2000 Server.

Some of our servers are PII and P3. Which will be better NT4 or Windows 2000 Server. I'm also planning to upgrade the memory since the current configuration for the PII and P3's are only 256MB SDRAM. Will it improve the performance if I give it more memory by boosting it from 256MB to 512MB?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello
I have been playing with win2k server and I have made the server a DNS server. I have decided that I don't want it to be. How to I undo this?
Thankyou

A:Windows 2000 server DNS

Try Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and select Windows Components Tab. You should be able to click on DNS and Remove it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-dns.84533/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am handling a few servers and workstation all interconnected together through routers All the workstations and servers can map a drive to one another Recently I have noticed that one such server of mine running windows server with Service pack has encounter a major problem The problem is that from this particular server I cant map a drive to another server or workstation at all Worse is that other servers and workstation also cannot map a drive to that particular problem server As i bug? 2000 server Windows constantly require my workstations to Windows 2000 server bug? refer to the problem server for files this has cause problems for work I went to check the event viewer of that server and noticed that there is this error noted I called up Microsoft Support to ask them about this LsaSrv Event Windows 2000 server bug? problem They provided me with this hot fix KB but it doesnt fix anything The operator told me that this is post service pack bug and hot Windows 2000 server bug? fix should fix it But it didnt fix anything I checked out some forums and some people are having the same problem and their questions are never answered too If I contact Microsoft about this problem again I am going to be charged for a Higher level support I hope the gurus here will be able to help solve this network problem of mine So far it has spread to another more servers I scan for virus and it turned up Negative Thanks for listening PS in case u guys cannot see the pic attached the error reads The security package Negotiate generated an exception The package is now disabled The exception information is the data Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 2000 server bug?

Here's a few links that may help. Each has something different to offer. Maybe one will take care of it for you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328948

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841037

http://www.jsifaq.com/subP/tip7600/rh7659.htm

http://www.jmc.it/articles/news.asp?id=1118055611

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-bug.376896/
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok here is my situation I am using Hamachi VPN client to access my windows 2000 server, when I access the share on an xp machine I just type the username and password of my desired active directory login and im able to log in, but my windows 7 pro will not authenticate with the file share. Any ideas? FYI I am not using this for a domain but purely a file sharing system for different users.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289992/w7-windows-server-2000/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I Am Just A Bigner So Plz Excuse My Ignorence
Could U Plz Tell Me How To Connect Ibm System X 2000 Based Server And Xp Nodes Through 2000 Domain So When I Give Password In The Nodes And Enter It Gets Connected To The Servers Domain

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-on-windows-2000-server.614100/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All
Heres my problem just recently i have been getting a popup error message.

1. hidden32.exe
2. cmd.exe
3. secure.exe
these all come up, For example you close one window and the next error pops up and never goes away. The hidden32.exe is the one that pops up the most.
The error reads

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) Click on OK to terminate the application.

Anyone know how i can get rid of this or fix it

My computer seems to be working fine

Thanks

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I am trying to open up a pdf file on a windows 2000 server operating system using adobe reader but it will not accept this operating system as an acceptable device.

Can someone tell me of any software package I can use to open PDF files for a windows 2000 server operating system? Your help is greatly appreciated.

A:windows 2000 server

YOu got me stumped on this one. If Acrobat Reader does not open the PDF file then I dont know what will. Did you try uninstalling Acrobat Reader and Reinstalling the latest version from Adobe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server.149081/
Relevancy 54.61%

2 Questions if I may: a raid-5 arrar with 32 disk can handle losing up to how many physical drives before it becomes inoperable?

which of the following groups are allowed to share a web folder?

1. admins

2. guests

3. power users

Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 54.61%

using a Dell Poweredge 1600SC - I had some bad virus action on my cpu and choose "delete all" while using "Avast" (hindsight is 20/20) should have chosen to "repair" the infected files but..........etc etc....,
now I get to the Splash (boot -up) screen and then windows shuts off / computer reboots and that is all .
Tried to reinstall Win 2K Server but I get an error message that it cant find any hard disk drive. installed on my computer! they are all spinning up when the system starts so I am lost.
heeeeeeeeeelp!
;
S

A:Windows Server 2000

Welcome to TSG....

When a Dell can not display a hard drive in BIOS then there is a chance that the hard drive might have taken a good dump and not be working especially when trying to do an install procedure. I would make sure that BIOS has the CD-ROM drive as the first drive set so the cd boots. Did this OS come on this computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2000.580122/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am running a server on Windows 2000 Server and recently set it up to receive faxes. It received one and saved it successfully, subsequent faxes result in an error in the event viewer. (EventI 8218, category inbound)In addition, when receiving faxes, Windows 2000 suspends the network connections so workstations that are using it for file sharing lose their connection.

A:Windows 2000 Fax Server

recently set it up to receive faxesexactly how did you do that?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-fax-server/65856.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi wondering if you could review my hijackthis log file this old server is being used for hosting our website and accounting system Website were Hijaked and now each day need to restart the server to get them going again not sure what kind of malware been left behind Are moving the website hosting off and want to see how bad thing might be Thanks in advanceLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT System termsrv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC WINNT System inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINNT System llssrv exeD Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeD Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeD Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC PROGRA MICROS MSSQL binn sqlservr exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT System locator exeC WINNT system Windows 2000 server MSTask exec program files notify telus fulfillment telusfulfillment exeD Tomcat bin tomcat exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec NT beremote exeC WINNT system Dfssvc exeC WINNT System msdtc exeC Program Files Common Files System MSSearch Bin mssearch exeC Program Files VERITAS Backup Exec NT beserver exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT system atiptaxx exeC WINNT SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files VERITAS VxUpdate VxTaskbarMgr exeC WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X fppdis exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC WINNT system WDBtnMgr exeD Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXED Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeD Tomcat bin tomcat w exeC WINNT system internat exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC WINNT system mmc exeD Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exec winnt microsoft net framework v aspnet wp exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer ftp slant isa gopher slant isa http slant isa https slant isa R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - Windows 2000 server no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Windows 2000 server Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F Windows 2000 server - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot d Program Files RealVNC WinVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelperO - HKLM Run VxTaskbarMgr C Program Files VERITAS VxUpdate VxTaskbarMgr exeO - HKLM Run pdfFactory Dispatcher v C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X fppdis exeO - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run WD Button Manager WDBtnMgr exeO - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot D Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONEO - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot D Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKeyO - HKLM Run ApacheTomcatMonitor quot D Tomcat bin tomcat w exe quot MS Tomcat O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exeO - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run internat exe in... Read more

A:Windows 2000 server

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312074/windows-2000-server/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I ve run into a problem setting up a Windows web server Basically the problem I have is permissions related in that I am unable to update security settings to include the account used to access the web site Everything seems to be working server 2000 Windows web on the web server except that I m prompted for user name password and domain Windows 2000 web server to access the site User account details are correct the problem appears to be that Group domain policy is not being updated with the new account If I try to manually enter the account details I receive this error quot The following account could not be validated - IWAM servername quot When I check local security settings on the web server I see that local settings are selected but the corresponding Effective setting is blank I tried disabling Group Policy so that local policy on web server is default but this did not work Refresh and enforce of Group Policy did nothing either What am I doing wrong Any help would be most welcome nbsp

A:Windows 2000 web server

Do you allow Anonymous logins? The IWAM_servername account is used to validate anonymous users. The site we run is secure and the IWAM account is disabled to stop anonymous logins. Other than that, I can't think of what might cause the effective setting not to accept the selected settings after a reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-web-server.96387/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am wanting to learn about Windows 2000 Server and I was wondering what book you would recommend. I am going to install it at home and just play around with it to learn.

Any recommendations would be appriciated.

Thank you,

Senna

A:Windows 2000 Server book? Which one to buy?

I have to tell you that my best friend (when I first started working with Windows) was,and still is, Help & Support (Start/Help & Support)
What is cool is that,whenever you have a question,you can look it up.

My second best friend was (and has now become my new best friend), GOOGLE, you can find it here,and make sure to bookmark it:
http://www.google.ca/ The best Internet search site there is!

I'm pretty sure if you can't find it with GOOGLE,it doesn't exist...yet!

The great thing about these two things is that they are FREE!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-book-which-one-to-buy.223346/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,

I have windows server 2000, and recently have been recieving pops up stating that I am low on virtual memory. So at a gues is it because I dnt have enough mem?

Here is a scn shot of what I have at the mo.

http://i4.tinypic.com/zx318l.jpg

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I would be delighted if anyone could advise as to why my Windows 2000 Server displayed a blue screen with "dumping physical memory" and "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" got to a 100% then rebooted.

Any advice on what this is or what I should do to avoid a disaster would be greatly appreciated.

river

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I am currently cataloging software licences for work and have been for the last month and have come across a few windows 2000 server keys that have been reused. we have 4 servers running 2000 and 4 keys, one for each server but it looks like only 2 keys have been used for the 4 servers in operation.

I have all the odd's and end's to change the product keys for every other windows operating other than windows 2000 server. I could do with getting these keys changed to keep everything compliant.

can anyone suggest how I could go about changing these product keys.

Thanks

A:Changing a Windows 2000 Server Key

If you own 4 license you are technically in compiance. Document by making a to-do list to correct keys on next reinstall on server. I think you actually get out of compliance by trying to (hack) change the keys on the fly.

Its been a while since I did a 2000 install but if a 'repair' would accept a new key it would be easier than rebuild??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-a-windows-2000-server-key.758746/
Relevancy 53.75%

When I try to run HiJackThis on my Windows 2000 server machine, it gives an Application Error "The instruction at "0x100aad93" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read." I have also tried running it in Safe Mode and get the same error. Othe applications seem to work, although I suspect that my machine is infected with something. How can I run HiJackThis?

Thanks,
Bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-run-hijackthis-on-windows-2000-server.620622/
Relevancy 53.75%

HEre is the Hijack This Log We know we're infected with the Vundo virus but don't know how to get rid of -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT System termsrv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT System llssrv exeC Program Files NAV rtvscan exeC Program Files SSC NSCTOP EXEC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exec program files Strata strata agent exeC WINNT System lserver exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT System mspmspsv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System msdtc exeC Program Files VMware VMware Converter vmware-ufad exeC WINNT system MsgSys EXEC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system dlbxcoms exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT Server Log Windows 2000 - Hijackthis system Atiptaxx exeC PROGRA NAV vptray exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINNT system rdpclip exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT Hijackthis Log - Windows 2000 Server system ctfmon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC WINNT system DllHost exeC WINNT system SPOOL DRIVERS W X dlbxPSWX EXEC WINNT system spool drivers w x dlbxjswx exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system rdpclip exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X dlbxPSWX EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system NOTEPAD EXEC WINNT autoruns exeC WINNT procexp exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankF - REG system ini UserInit C WINNT SYSTEM Userinit exe O - BHO Hijackthis Log - Windows 2000 Server no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO no name - FDA A C- B - -B CC- AA AF - C DOCUME kevin LOCALS Temp gebyv dllO - HKLM Run AtiPTA Atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA NAV vptray exeO - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe User 'Christian' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe User 'Dan' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe User 'kevin' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce SetupICWDesktop C Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwconn exe desktop User 'Default user' O - Global Startup AutorunsDisabledO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - no file O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c documents and settings administrator windows system rnr dll' missingO - DPF - E - D - - ED Support com Configuration Class - http activation rr com install downloads tgctlcm cabO - DPF ACF - CD - - A - C DD E LinkedIn ContactFinderControl - http www linkedin com cab LinkedInContactFinderControl cabO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F -CF - D -A F -F C B EBA NameServer O - Winlogon Notify AutorunsDisabled - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS O - Winlogon Notify CLSID - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS O - Winlogon Notify gebyv - C DOCUME kevin LOCALS Temp gebyv dllO - Service dlbx device - Dell - C WINNT system dlbxcoms exeO - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exeO - Service iPod Service - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeO - Service Norton AntiVirus Server - Sy... Read more

A:Hijackthis Log - Windows 2000 Server

Hi wrledebuhr

Create own folder for HijackThis to desktop and move it to that folder

Post back a fresh HijackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107208/hijackthis-log-windows-2000-server/
Relevancy 53.75%

When I try to run HiJackThis on Windows 2000 Server, I get an application error:Win32 Unhandled exception: Memory could not be read. I can run any other application or diagnostic or anti-virus programs except this one.

Thanks,
Bob D.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-wont-run-in-windows-2000-server.621083/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hiya

Securing Windows 2000 Server provides customers with comprehensive information and analysis tools to assess security risks specific to Windows 2000 Servers. By using the principles of MSF and MOF, and by applying the lessons of the Security Risk Management Discipline, customers learn how to identify the threats and vulnerabilities that exist within their organization and determine which risks have the most potential impact on their domain infrastructure. Recommendations regarding the use of IPSEC filters to fully lock down specific server roles are also provided. In addition, the solution incorporates material on Patch Management, Auditing and Intrusion Detection, and Responding to Incidents from the Windows 2000 Security Operations Guide.
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000

Adobe Acrobat Reader

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...42-e236-4d73-aef4-7b4fdc0a25f6&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/securing-windows-2000-server-jan-30.116181/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hiya

The Securing Windows 2000 Server solution is delivered in eleven chapters, plus a Test Guide, a Delivery Guide, and a Support Readiness Guide, each with applicable job aids, script files, and test cases.
System Requirements

Adobe Acrobat Reader
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...42-e236-4d73-aef4-7b4fdc0a25f6&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

A:Securing Windows 2000 Server

I have always used this:
http://www.systemexperts.com/tutors/HardenW2K101.pdf

And some tuturials over at LabMice

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/securing-windows-2000-server.287035/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 2000 server not a domain controller in an NT4 domain. Problem is that I can see the machine account in server manager on the PDC but it is greyed out and it does not appear in the Network Neighbourhood either. I have all the correct WINS and DNS entries and I can ping the 2000 server machine name from the PDC and ping the PDC machine name from the 2000 server.

I have removed the macine account from the NT Domain and readded it but still greyed out. Anyone any ideas.

Cheers

A:Windows 2000 server in NT Domain

Have you tried to connect to shared drives on the 2k machine? If you can, then you have no problem except that NT does not acurately dipict the server in server manager. This may be due to the new dynamic DNS type messages that 2k uses that NT doesn't understand. The only problem I have had with this type of setup is when the 2k server is the print server. Some print drivers don't want to print from NT4 machines to a 2k print server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-in-nt-domain.71637/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

We have a Windows 2k Server, with about 18 domain users who log on every day and access files, printers etc.

The server came with 10 per server CALs. We have purchased 10 extra 'per user' CALs. I'm still getting a message saying "a product licensed in per server mode is nearing the maximum.... etc etc".

Do I need to change the licensing mode to 'per user / seat' instead of 'per server' for the new CALs to work? I want to make sure that this is the right thing to do, since it can only be done once!

Microsoft and all their licensing shenanigans.... what will we do with them eh?

Any help would be appreciated.

J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-licensing.669063/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone,

Can I have a PDC running windows server 2003 and two other server running windows server 2000. Would I have problems. Right now I have three server running Windows server 2000. I am thinking on getting one more but not sure if I would get windows server 2003.
Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
AMD2800

A:WINDOWS SERVER 2000 and 2003 together?

Server 2000 and 2003 can exist in the same environment and work with each other fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2000-and-2003-together.467896/
Relevancy 53.75%

I need help fast with the mirroring process of Windows2000 server.

I have 2 HDs, same size, one is a simple volume and is divided in two sections. . 18.99 gb Healthy, and 8mb unallocated..
On the second hard drive is all 19.00 gb unallocated. When i try to right click on the first hard drive and select Add mirror, and i select to add mirror to the second drive, it does the proccess but after it is completed, nothing happens. It's still 19.00 gb unallocated.. Whats wrong?? why doesnt it do the mirror on the second hard drive?

if i choose to create a mirrored volume on the second blank harddrive, it changed the numbers for me.. disk 1 has 19454 and disk 0 is changed to 8mb.. what should the numbers be?? should i just let the numbers as they are being set up by default? Please help me.. i need help fast.. contact me [email protected] thank you.. greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 2000 Server Mirroring

Have you read the following Microsoft article?

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q302969

You cannot mirror basic discs in 2000 server. You have to create a dynamic disk.

The article describes how.

I have not actually used the software mirror, we use caching hardware raid cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-mirroring.74200/
Relevancy 53.75%

We are currently running Windows 2000 Server. I know that Windows 2000 has Terminal Server built it. I want to add this function for a new software package we are getting ready to install. I need this done prior to installation so I don't have to go around to every computer. Can this be done without messing up my current network settings or the files that are on the server. I am not willing to jeopordize the files on the server for this function. Any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-terminal-server.396718/
Relevancy 53.75%

hey guys and girls,
just wanted to know howto setup a windows 2000 vpn server?
are there any good sitesout there for this?

Thanks.

A:HowTo VPN windows 2000 server

Hi buzz01,
Try here !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/howto-vpn-windows-2000-server.127273/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a server that has win k probs windows server 2000 server windows 2000 server probs on it I installed a couple programs that I need to remove I tried uninstalling from the CP but I get an error when I do so it wont uninstall I can t just reinstall them either still get an error I am also having a few other problems with the box and it s just acting kinda strange I am thinking about running a repair on it with the win k cd but I wanted to ask a couple questions before I do that If I run a restore will I lose ANY of my data I m guessing the answer in no After the restore will I have to reconfigure everything so that it is a domain controller again Will I need to setup the users profiles and give everyone permission to every folder that they windows 2000 server probs previously had access to or will those settings and users stay in there during a repair windows 2000 server probs Any additional things I need to watch out for so as to not cause myself a HUGE headache if I go forward with this repair Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I am running windows 2000. Recently my IE6 stopped working. I get 'Cannot find Server' I also get this when I run Firefox. But when I try AOL it connects and there are no problems. Also AIM works but neither IE6 or Firefox works. I have other people who need AOL and I am on alot and it is the only thing right now i can use. So please can someone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-ie-6-cannot-find-server.262959/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have recently been granted the the honor of installing an additional Win Server on a user LAN running TCP IP This is the second Win server running Terminal Services on the network the other is too slow as it also has Exchange and Active Directory running It will be used exclusively by - users over a T- connection acting as an application server they are using Outlook and Server 2000 Windows Terminal Corel Word Perfect Office to access client files on a Linux file server This may be a Corel issue but they are having mucho problemos utilizing their custom keyboard strokes macros over terminal services the macros just stop working or do a totally different thing alltogether I have told them to not use macros over a Terminal Server as I thought they were iffy over a terminal server client but they are set in their ways Corel reccommends going to an all Linux LAN but they have problems Windows 2000 Terminal Server with Workstation and Windows I can t find any advice in any Corel or Win pubs Also are there any quot tweaks quot you can reccommend to speed up their terminal services connection They lock up often and lose information Word Perfect docs get corrupted alot Please Help nbsp

A:Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Greetings

As far as speeding up a terminal service goes, all I have for you is the obvious:

1) Set the desktop to 256 colours maximum (16 would be better, but I think your users might revolt)

2) Disallow wallpapper pictures

3) Disallow any "additions" like Hotbar browser skinner for IE.

4) Make the maximum screen size 800x600
Basically, the way you speed up a Terminal Server session is to drecrease the information being sent to and from the server. Since what is being sent to the server is merely keyboard strokes and mouse clicks, there is not much you can do there. You can, however, speed up the images being sent to the clients by making them less complex. Less colours, less size and less variation will help with that.

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-terminal-server.29867/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I just finished installing Windows 2000 serv. I have NT4. What im trying to do is make 2000 available to my users. NT4 is currently my PDC. I want to make 2000 my BDC, but it wont work because 2000 wants a 2000 PDC. Should I make a new domain and make trust, or should I have my 2000 logon to the NT4 domain? I want to use 2000 for internet hosting. If 2000 access the NT4 Domain, can I set rights on items in the 2000 server? I also want to use Active Dir. What should I do? I dont want to convert NT4 into 2000 yet. should I make the NT4 my BDC and make the 2000 the PDC? or is there a way 2000 will work with NT4 as if 2000 was NT4. There has to be a way. Please HELP

A:Adding Windows 2000 SRV to NT Server

I don't know what kind of scale you're working on and whether you are going to upgrade more servers, but I'm doing the same thing on a large network at the moment.

I've decided the best way to do this so as to protect the current domain and systems is to create a new domain for all Windows 2000 machines and create a trust between these and the NT 4 machines. As we upgrade the NT4 machines to WIN2K they will in turn be added to the WIN2K domain and eventually we will end up with one domain (or more) of WIN2K machines.

That's the theory anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-windows-2000-srv-to-nt-server.29680/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there After a hard drive failure had to reinstall windows server Pre failure the set 2 2000 server Windows NICs help - up was like this and worked without a problem Windows 2000 server help - 2 NICs server - win k - dhcp pcs - all dhcp enabled to obtain from win k server Call them A B C and D of those pcs had nics installed which are for internet connection of those A obtains its ip from an adsl router that has dhcp The other two B and C are assigned fixed ips as given by the isp Now the set up is exactly the same but when the NIC that is on the LAN network is enabled the there is no internet access Once it is disabled internet access is restored Is this a DNS issue DNS and DHCP are enabled on the server The NIC on the server is assigned a static ip with the same ip given as the dns and the gateway Any help will be extremely GRATEFULLY received as this whole episode rebuilding Windows 2000 server help - 2 NICs the server has been driving me insane nbsp

A:Windows 2000 server help - 2 NICs

You have multiple default gateways defined. Remove one of them, or replace it with a default gateway that has a higher weight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-help-2-nics.566988/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,

I had a hard drive failure, and have a full copy of the hard disk which contains the operating system. However, when I copy this in its entirety to a new hard drive, that hard drive does not boot.

The bios just states "No Operating System".

Is it actually possible to do what I am trying to do? That is, to reinstate the operating system from a backup CD?

Is it the boot sector or the Master Boot Record that could be causing me this grief?

Any and all help is most gratefully received.

Thanks.

A:Windows 2000 Server Repair

Welcome to TSG....

Unless you have used a image program like Acronis True Image to have this done a copy of the old drive does not have the system information on it. You will have to re-install Windows 2000 Server from the install disk and also all of your applications.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-repair.565303/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have had trouble recently with a worm on my windows- server I spent a few hours getting rid of the little blighter however I now have a machine that will not boot up completely Being paranoid I have my c partition set as Fat and dual-boot so I can boot onto the drive under windows- and poke about a bit What happens is the machine comes up as normal and gets to the quot server Windows - 2000 Help logon Preparing network connections Help - Windows 2000 server logon quot - then it just stops there I ve tried safe mode but that s just the same I ve had a look through microsoft s website and checked a couple of manuals to no avail I get an error message about the application log being full and if this is the first time you ve seen it etc etc and also quot some services did not start quot so things are coming up in the background but I cannot log onto the console Whatching the machine itself once it get s to this state then it pulses the hard drive about every seconds I may well end-up overinstalling Windows- server just to fix it but I think I m within a smidgen of getting the thing working again so it s just fustrating Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted Many thanks Liam nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Where do 2000 Windows problems Server RPC I begin Our network specialist who is in another city advised us to disable the quot Remote Access Connection Windows 2000 Server RPC problems Manager quot Service to avoid any intruders from coming in to our webserver Well our technician also disabled the quot Remote Access Auto Connection Manager quot Service the quot Remote Procedure Call RPC quot Service and the quot Remote Procedure Call RPC Locator quot Service When we shut down and rebooted all hell broke loose Our websites on the werbserver are now not working and to makematters worse we can t open up any quot properties quot on any services to re-start enable them In fact we can t open property sheets for any program Also when we tried to view contents of our hard drive the WINNT folder shows items Windows 2000 Server RPC problems but no icons are displayed are can be selected this only hapens to this folder In the network Places items are said to exist but none are shown We Windows 2000 Server RPC problems have tried everything possible We can t start the services that we disabled because we don t have a property sheet that shows We know it acknowledges a property sheet because when we try to close the services window it tells us to close all property boxes Any suggestions as to how to reverse this mess Thanks a million Victor Puyada nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-rpc-problems.139465/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All-
Our company has grown and so has the information on the server. Recently I decided to install a larger hard drive (WD250 GB), and since the motherboard was too old to recognize the larger hard drive I replaced the motherboard. My first mistake was I replaced the hard drive and learned then learned the motherboard problem after. My second mistake was when I replaced the harddirve I used the mirror function on the server to copy the OS and files.

The new motherboard has no problem with the new hard drive but the now the Properties on the hard drive within Windows 2000 sever shows the size of the previous hard drive. Also, since we were mirroring the smaller hard drives previously to the upgrade, I will be adding a second hard drive the same size as the first.

Does anyone have any ideas how to make the properties recognize the hard drive size?

Relevancy 53.75%

have Windows 2000 server setup as my DC with 3 client machines, I need to reinstall server on the DC, what is the best way to do this? is there settings I can save? should I backup the registry? Think of it as taking down a major server at work......what would be the most efficent way? this server is my file server, print server, anti virus server as well as my DNS server. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-reinstall.152552/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello My system configuration is help 2000 crashes... plz windows server P GHz Intel GBF Mother Board MB RAM GB Seagate HDD Samsung DVD Writer After partitioning I installed Windows Server in my HDD I wanted to take a backup from another windows 2000 server crashes... plz help GB HDD which contains around GB data I connected windows 2000 server crashes... plz help it as a slave and tried to copy its contents which takes more than minutes But half way through I get a blue screen with stop message and KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and then the system starts dumping the memory After that when it reeboots I got the message NTLDR Missing So I formated my disk again and repeated the whole procedure I didnt install the audio and video drivers also Again the system crashed and after memory dump and rebbot it showed the same message NTLDR Missing So again I formated my disk and reinstalled windows server Once again the system crashed and after memory dump and reboot I got the message quot Error loading operating system quot Could anyone please tell me what could be the problem and how to rectify this nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Getting this message in the Eventlog on Windows 2000 Server:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0

SCSI Controller Adaptec 291060 Ultra160
Hard Drive is SCSI Fujitsu MAN3367NP (36.8GB)
Server has been running fine for 2+ Years, then
this message appear during heavy read/write to
Hard Drive (e.g., Tape Backups, VirusScans, etc).

Anyone have any ideas?
Update the Hard Drive Firmware
and the Ultra160 Drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-id-11-windows-2000-server.436364/
Relevancy 53.75%

When I attempt to configure RIS within Win2K AS, I get the following error message; "The path you entered does not point to a valid Windows Professional installation source. Verify the path and check that the media source is a full version of the Windows Professional product. The Windows Professional upgrade package is not a valid installation source for use with Remote Installation Service.

I am positive that my verion of Win2K Pro is a full version. Can someone please help?

A:Windows 2000 Advanced Server

I have not worked much w/ images - I just got an adv. server going back east a few weeks ago - then had to fly back home.
I will ask my bf later about your error since he works with RIS a lot.
Here are some MS TID's for now:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q258/9/55.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q258/9/55.ASP

BTW which SP's do you have applied?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-advanced-server.55501/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a problem configuring dial in on windows 2000 server, every time i configure and restart the machine it dissapears, what may be the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-ras-on-windows-2000-server.453723/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone; I was told to move the DHCP server from one site to another. I'm currently running DHCP in win2003 server. I have exported the dhcp config using netsh command. I just found out that the "new server" for dhcp in the other site is a win 2000 family server. I'm not quiet sure how to import the config from win2003 to 2000 family; is this possible? or I would have to configure the scopes manually?

Can anyone please help.
thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-family-server.134361/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am currently running Windows 2000 Professional. I assume to set up a DHCP Server, I'll need Windows 2000 Server. Is this correct?

How does one set up a DHCP Server? Are there any step-by-step resources on the 'net that are plain enough for a novice?

A:Windows 2000 - DHCP Server How-to?

Im not sure if the win2kpro has got the ability to serv as dhcp server, but setting it up on the server version is really easy.

Just use the "configure your server" tool that pops up when starting up and youll be done a few steps!

NiteNow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-dhcp-server-how-to.62074/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi.i was wondering if anybody could advise me on how i would go about setting up a windows 2000 pro server and getting windows 98 pc's to pick it up on the net.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-professional-server.361335/
Relevancy 53.75%

can you disable Interned Explorer on a certain profile and leave it on the others

A:windows 2000 server advanced

You could hide the short-cuts to it in one profile, not sure if you can disable it without some kind of third party security software, like "full control"

http://www.bardon.com/fc.htm

or you could just protect the iexplore.exe file with a password with "protect.exe" freeware.

http://www.sofotex.com/download/software/7206.html

but I would download the setup file for internet explorer and put it in a hidden folder in case of problems first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-advanced.122218/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok, long story short- computer guy came in and hooked up two new Dell Optiplex XP Pros to our server, that has Windows 2000.

Our third workstation died and we ordered another Optiplex. Computer guy is in Florida and we're a CPA office doing tax returns!

We have 4 mapped drives and I can't seem to map them on the new workstation. Are there network protocals, etc. that need to be set on the workstation? The new workstation is getting an internet connection.

Just wondering if I can get this working myself, before turning to another computer guy.

Thanks!

A:Windows 2000 Server- XP Pro workstations

Are there use and computer accounts set up on the server for these new workstations? Are they domain members and part of the domain? If you have terminal services set up on the server you can have someone com in remotely with an admin account and set up the workstations. I am sure the DELL tech was never instructed to add these to the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-xp-pro-workstations.204841/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello...

I have a requirement for remote connectivity, therefore I would like to set up a VPN on one of my servers. How would I allow access to only certain outside users that have a specific MAC address or IP number? Also, what ports would I need to open on my firewall to allow incoming/outgoing connections? Can I further increase security by implementing some sort of filtering? Basically, I want to do some testing before going live so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-configuration-for-windows-2000-server.497250/
Relevancy 53.75%

I've got a windows 2000 domain runing with active directory. How do I monitor who is logged into the domain and at what computer they are logged into and what files they may have open on the server? Is this possible?

What time they logged in? etc?

where can I find this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring-windows-2000-server.122597/
Relevancy 53.75%

In my event viewer I received the following message "The ISEXEng service failed to start due to the following error. The service didn't respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". What do I have to do to fix this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 2000 server error

Spyware or virus:

http://computercops.biz/postp334445.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-error.287674/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hiya

Securing Windows 2000 Server provides customers with comprehensive information and analysis tools to assess security risks specific to Windows 2000 Servers. By using the principles of MSF and MOF, and by applying the lessons of the Security Risk Management Discipline, customers learn how to identify the threats and vulnerabilities that exist within their organization and determine which risks have the most potential impact on their domain infrastructure. Recommendations regarding the use of IPSEC filters to fully lock down specific server roles are also provided. In addition, the solution incorporates material on Patch Management, Auditing and Intrusion Detection, and Responding to Incidents from the Windows 2000 Security Operations Guide.
System Requirements

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/securing-windows-2000-server-mar-13.124055/
Relevancy 53.75%

I HAVE JUST INSTALLED WINDOWS 2000 SERVER ON MY COMPUTER BUT EVERYTHING IS FINE EXCEPT I CAN'T HERE ANY SOUND, BUT WHEN I HAD WINDOWS 98 IT HAD SOUND. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS??

A:No Sound In Windows 2000 Server

did you install 2k drivers for your sound card, dowload them from the manufacturer's site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-in-windows-2000-server.65498/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi there,

please let me know what to do to fix this one.

please help.

thanks

http://youngeventrider.com/Mrxsmb.gif

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mrxsmb-windows-2000-server.209212/
Relevancy 53.75%

Can a Windows 2003 Domain Controller communicate with a Windows 2000 Domain Controller? The reason I ask this is that I want to upgrade my Domain Contoller to Windows 2003, but want to have the backup Windows 2000 machine running as a backup Domain Controller.

A:Windows 2003 and 2000 server

Yes. When you install active directory just do a new DC in an existing forest. Also there is an option for windows 2000 compatibility. It's pretty self explanatory as you go along.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-and-2000-server.686110/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a server running Win2k server. I can browse to it from a workstation by clicking start--->run---->\\servername. If I go to my network places on my workstation it is not showing up. Is there a setting or something on the server to prevent it from showing up? Or am i having some kind of network issue? Thanks

A:Windows 2000 Server Not showing up

Sounds like a network issue.

Have you set up the server as a domain with AD, in which case you need to add the workstation to the domain.

If not, and you are still just a workgroup, are all the settings for peer-to-peer networking the same on the server as on the workstation?

Might be better if you ask for this thread to be moved to the networking forum as more people may be able to help and offer advice there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-not-showing-up.89210/
Relevancy 53.75%

We have a system with Windows 2000 server and Active Directory. Sometimes it hangs or starts some malfunctioning. Suggest some solution listing possible causes.

A:Soluttion for Windows 2000 server

Better yet, why don't you look in the event logs and tell us what you see there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soluttion-for-windows-2000-server.297295/