Windows Support Forum

Process list and user settings problem, windows XP

Q: Process list and user settings problem, windows XP

Hello all I ve got a strange problem which has already seemingly stumped someone can t post a URL so go to forums dot spywareinfo dot com search under members for threepwood and it s called quot ie shutdown explorer process at on startup possible virus hijack of explorer quot but seeing Process settings user problem, windows XP and list as it seems less likely to be a spyware problem and more like a windows problem i thought i d post here and give up on the other thread Anyway here are the problems Process list doesn t fluctuate when it is opened On startup explorer shows a stupidly high cpu usage and doesn t change while the window is open Also if i leave the list open and open up another program for example notepad the program will start up but wont come up on the process list This happens only on the one account Process list and user settings problem, windows XP even if i open it in safe mode No other accounts seem affected until i try copying all my settings over to another account I need to know what the problem is and how to solve it so that no other accounts will be affected Another problem cropped up a few days ago My bookmarks list in IE seems to have gone Don t know why IE isn t my main browser so im not too upset although im sure i had some decent links saved which i cant remember now Also today the computer decided to say it had found and installed some new hardware my scanner when my scanner had been fuly installed around years ago System restore isn t possible because i have no points to restore to before this problem cropped up There do seem to be some problems with windows update running but it does run eventually Windows XP is fully up to date No new programs have been installed which could have caused the problem i ve already uninstalled some stuff i thought might be causing it and i ve got no idea what else to try OS is Windows XP SP no error messages come up Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Process list and user settings problem, windows XP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Process list and user settings problem, windows XP

If you haven't already done so, check out this information: http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/explorer.exe.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/process-list-and-user-settings-problem-windows-xp.411522/
Relevancy 61.49%

What is the oficial Windows 8.1 list of Process?
lsass.exe
svchost.exe
explorer.exe

and what more. I need the full list to speed up my computer and only allowing the native processes only + antivirus.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/33259b29-0746-4aed-9e71-9cf52ce7cdfb/what-is-the-oficial-windows-81-list-of-process?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.63%

Running windows 7 SP1 on an HP Pavilion with an i5.
I have the system disconnected from the network now and won't reconnect until fixed.
I had Norton running but shut it down as I blamed it for the lag. Then I saw the process list on taskmanager filled with javaws.exe *32.
Ran malwarebytes with no issue found and have Defender running but the javaws.exe is killing connectivity.
It prevented a java update from completing. Prevents Defender from updating but not from scanning.
I do I shut off Javaws.exe?
How do I determine the cause?

Thanks,
Steve

A:Javaws.exe *32 is multiplying on my process list Windows 7 SP1

If you dont use Java, uninstall it from programs/features, or if you do need it!, go to
Controlpanel>> administration tools >> services >> scroll to it Right click >> properties >> start up type to manual.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393748-javaws-exe-32-multiplying-my-process-list-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Recently I ve noticed that I d have two explorer exe files appear in my process list I ve messed around Windows etc. files explorer.exe list, in Two process directory, a bit and discovered that it s tied with My Two explorer.exe files in process list, Windows directory, etc. Documents and possibly other folders When I end the second explorer exe process the smallest one in size the My Documents folder would close I ve ran two virus scans Avira AntiVir Two explorer.exe files in process list, Windows directory, etc. HouseCall and both did not report any infections I ve confided about this problem to a friend and he concluded that it may not be a problem but rather how my computer would recognize two explorer exe s as one for my desktop and one for My Documents or any other folder I ve thought about this but I haven t seen this problem before until recently a few days ago I ve looked around and discovered that I ve two explorer exe files in my Windows directory While highlighting over the icon that has the monitor and computer it would display a tooltip saying that it s a Microsoft file When doing the same for the second version no tooltip would appear The first version would be MB in file size while its counterpart is only bytes Also when closing the My Documents folder sometimes the second process would still appear I m not sure whether or not this is a glitch or a virus Any help or input would be highly appreciated Thanks EDIT This is on Windows XP SP Home Edition nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I noticed this after coming home from holidays yesterday, not quite sure what it is. After some googling I found out it could be a trojan, but I only have one "system.exe" file, and it seems to be legit(Located in C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\).
Same goes for the "smss.exe" file and the "csrss.exe" file.

Has the process been there all along, or is it a trojan?

A:"system" Process In The Windows Task Bar Processes List?

Anytime you come across a suspicious file or one that you do not recognize, search the name using Google or the following links:BC's File DatabaseBC's Startup Programs DatabaseFile Research CenterSvchost.exe is a generic host process name for a group of services that are run from dynamic-link libraries (DLLs). It is not unusual for multiple instances of Svchost.exe running at the same time. The process ID's (PID's) must be checked in real time to determine what services each instance of svchost.exe is controlling at that particular time. To investigate these processes, see "How to determine what services are running under a Svchost.exe process" using Process Explorer.Determining whether a file is malware or a legitimate process sometimes depends on the location (path) it is running from. One of the ways that malware tries to hide is to give itself the same name as a critical system file. However, it then places itself in a different location on your computer. A file's properties may give a clue to identifying it. Right-click on the file, Properties and examine the General and Version tabs.You can also download and use AnVir TaskManager Free or System Explorer to investigate all running processes and gather additional information to identify and resolve problems. These tools will show the process CPU usage, a description and its path location. If you right-click on the file in question and select properties, you will see more details about the file. If you cannot find any information, the file has a legitimate name but is not located where it is supposed to be, or you want a second opinion, submit it to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.-- Then post back with the results of the file analysis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157829/system-process-in-the-windows-task-bar-processes-list/
Relevancy 60.2%

I was working on my Dad's laptop and started a task manager. All that was displayed in the task manager was the list of programs running. This is what would normally be displayed on the Applications tab. There were buttons for "new task", "end task". But all of the other tabs were missing (Processes, Performance, Networking, Users). There was not even a way to close or minimize the window.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this?

LMHmedchem

A:windows 7 task manager does't show process list

try double-clicking the edge of the window (not the aero glass border, but near them) - it should bring everything back.

Quote:
Task Manager has two different views. To see the view that includes menus and tabs, double-click the border of the Task Manager window. To switch back to the view without menus and tabs, double-click anywhere in the border around the tabs.

source

i have to admit that i don't understand the purpose of this 'feature'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/218338-windows-7-task-manager-doest-show-process-list.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I did and extensive anti virus / malware removal of a svchost.exe trojan a while ago, yet there is STILL a notepad.exe process running in my process list. Notepad is not running. It seems to take up no resource, and whenever I stop it, it is there upon reboot.

What can I do? Is this a problem?

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Memory is inexplicably high too, perhaps I should update my drivers manually? I never use windows update for that, I do them manually direct from manufacturer.

A:notepad.exe process STILL in win 7 Pro process list

Hello there,

This might help: http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/

Best of luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544019/notepadexe-process-still-in-win-7-pro-process-list/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello friends,

When my Windows Vista (x64) starts, an error message appears: settings.ini is being used by another process.... and Windows Sidebar doesn't open. Another symptoms are: Mozilla Firefox stop working, Google Chrome browser acting limited (search capabilities). I cannot save a file into documents when downloaded from ie, I cannot open pictures because it says I don't have permission to it. So far this is what I've noticed.

This happened after installing Windows 7 as dual boot and after accessing the C: folder on the Windows Vista from Windows 7, when I restarted to Vista I started getting this message. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the problem or not.

I noticed that when I turn off UAC User Account Control then I get my desktop back without seeing any more of these issues. I don't want to turn off the UAC though.

Please help, your wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

A:settings.ini is being used by another process.... and Windows Sidebar doesn't open

Norton 2010 didn't find viruses and Spybot S&D found my system clean. This is my HijackThis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:47:27 a.m., on 04/10/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18813)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.7.0.15\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = MSN.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.7.0.15\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.7.0.15\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.3.4501.1418\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: SmartSelect - {F4971EE7-DAA0-4053-9964-665D8EE6A077} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.7.0.15\coIEPlg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Logitech WebCam Software\LWS.exe" /hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sideb... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/250928-settings-ini-being-used-another-process-windows-sidebar-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So my parents magically destroy computers fairly often and both deny fault so I've decided to lock down their computer a lot. I remember back when I was in school, they made it so the computer auto logs into the guest account and it would reset to a default with some applications that all users can use every time the computer resets. Stuff that would be installed would get uninstalled after shutting down unless you get admin permission. You could delete stuff without it asking for password but it would always set back to default after shut down anyways. I'd really like to now how to do this so I don't have to do reformats every 6 months. It's like they go into the registry and mess around

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-getting-the-right-user-settings-265962.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have noticed in the past week that this service is taking about M of memory all the time This seems very hi I looked this process up and found out that it only suppose to take up about - M of memory at any given time I have recently installed some windows updates Babylon and upgraded to firefox here is my log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox mode process windows driver for user Windows foundation - Host plugin-container exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co il R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R Host process for windows - Windows driver foundation user mode - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go Host process for windows - Windows driver foundation user mode microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Host process for windows - Windows driver foundation user mode Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe C Program Files Soluto soluto exe userinit O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B -B E- CD-A D- E E - no file O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO AGFormHelperObj Class - E - AB - EB -ACA -CBBE DBE - C PROGRA agat AGForm AGFORM DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Babylon IE plugin - CFACCB - F F- - EA- D B D C - C Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Utils BabylonIEPI dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-windows-driver-foundation-user-mode.1012448/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a Sony VAIO VGN-SR E laptop computer purchassed in December I have Windows Vista Service Pack installed and I have most of the updates installed--save for IE and the Microsoft Office SP that was released a month or so ago Anyway In Windows Process To Rundll32 When Settings Speech Has Host Stopped Text Working I use screen-reading software I am blind and at times I need Windows Host Process Rundll32 Has Stopped Working When In Text To Speech Settings to change the system s text-to-speech voice for use with certain aplications mainly the accessible iPod feature in iTunes which uses the system s text-to-speech voice to generate spoken menus for the iPod and for the last few months I have been unable to do anything in the control pannel gt text to speech settings I have three SAPI voices installed on my system but none Windows Host Process Rundll32 Has Stopped Working When In Text To Speech Settings of them show up in the voice selection combo box When I click the voice selection settings button I get this error message quot Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem quot My only option is to close the message and then I end up back n the control pannel I have looked on Google for general rundll errors and most of the forum topics I have found surround video software and such with Vista In the c windows winsxs folder I have two files with names that include quot rundll quot starting with quot x microsoft-windows-rundll quot I have tried disabling all non-Microsoft startups and restarting the computer but the problem still exists Does anyone have any ideas what programs may be causing me this error and how I might go about fixing it From talking with other users who are blind I am not the only person experiencing this problem with the Windows TTS system Thank you Michael nbsp

A:Windows Host Process Rundll32 Has Stopped Working When In Text To Speech Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-when-in-text-to-speech-settings.846599/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm trying to change the User Account Control Settings in my Standard Account but each time I try User Control Account Problem Settings changing the to do so I'm greeted with the Problem changing the User Account Control Settings message that I quot must be logged in as an administrator to select this setting quot What's puzzling is that I am logged in as an administrator when I try to change the setting but I still see the message I also tried to make the change to the Standard Account directly from the Administrator Account but the option to change the User Account Control Settings is not available I have clicked quot Manage another account quot from within the Administrator Account and clicked the Standard Account icon before trying to doing so There are choices available create a password delete the account etc but not quot change the User Account Control Settings quot In summary I can't make the change from the administrator account or from the Standard account when logged in as the Administrator What am I doing wrong Thank you Nick

A:Problem changing the User Account Control Settings

Hello Nick, and welcome to Seven Forums.

See if you may be able to use either option in the tutorial below to change your UAC settings. You'll need to be logged in as an administrator to be able to do though.

User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/321512-problem-changing-user-account-control-settings.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

I'm having this issue with these red 'X' appearing in places of the pictures for this screen. Please refer to the image attached.

Thanks,

Stanley

A:Weird image problem in User Accounts Settings

Hi Stanley,

i've had this problem before but don't worry as it's easily fixed by running the attached registry file. All you need to do is merge the contents of the zip file and that should do it..though you may need to reboot to notice the fix.

Hope that helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-image-problem-in-user-accounts-settings-205391.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all.

I was wondering if it was possible to set Windows 7 for a new user of the computer so that is asks them for a Language, Country, Computer Name, User name e.t.c when they turn on the computer for the first time.

All help appreciated. Regards GFB.

A:Settings Windows 7 for a new user

From what I've read on this forum, it's possible by using the sysprep tool. Some people use it to migrate an existing Windows 7 installation to a completely new computer (or the same one after major changes like a new mobo etc.) which requires Windows to install new drivers for the new hardware on the next boot. As a side effect it also behaves like it's being run for the first time and does exactly what you're asking for above.

I don't know the specifics, but I'm sure someone knowledgeable will chime in soon and give you more details.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/191004-settings-windows-7-new-user.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok so normally I can fix most any bug on my computer and it's not a big deal for me But this one sucks and it has been a problem 7 3-5 HJT Incl: mins Process log & @ current crash crash. full list Windows after / for about a month now I have tried over a dozen different quot fixes quot from over different blog sites with no real solution to my problem I am running Win home premium w Gig ram Intel i on an Asus U F Here is a run down of what happens I log on windows starts normally windows runs for about - minutes with nothing wrong and then freezes The mouse is still movable but cannot open or close anything If task mgr is up and onscreen it will also freeze I have to hard-boot the system every time I am currently operating in Safe-mode w networking just to get on the web or do anything Safe-mode runs fine I just don't want to Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash. use it forever Below are the processes running at Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash. the time of crash Name Usage Path svchost C windows system svchost sys idle -- Trustedinstaller exe C windows servicing Trustedinstaller exe coreserviceshell exe C Programfiles TrendMicro AMSP coreserviceshell exe system C windows system ntoskrnl exe searchindexer exe C windows system searchindexer exe mbamservice exe C Programfiles x malwarebytes' antimalware mbamser taskmgr exe C windows system taskmgr exe conhost exe C windows system conhost exe csrss exe C windows system csrss exe I know most of these processes so they don't scare me however this is the first time I have seen quot conhost exe quot quot searchindexer exe quot or the system running quot ntoskrnl exe quot after boot up which I investigated to find that it should not be running at all after the boot process I would like to know if there is anything that sticks out like a sore thumb here Below is my HJT report as of this past week Is there anything here that dings any bells and whistles I'm still not skilled enough to know what I am looking at with one of these Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Asus MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Yahoo R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - C D -A C - c - F -FD E E - C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework ToolbarIE dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D ... Read more

A:Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash.

Hi Indyspark and welcome to TSF,

None of the processes sticks out, and are perfectly fine where they are.

Could you access the event log and see if there are any faults around the time that this issue appears? If so, what faults do you receive?

You could try running a "sfc /scannow" and a system repair aswell as restoring to a previously known working restore point, just as general "fixes".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-crash-after-3-5-mins-incl-process-list-and-full-current-hjt-log-crash-588347.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hello there,

I just joined a couple of minutes ago...
the problem that i have is that Windows XP keeps reseting my user settings (desktop background, style, start menu, ect...) back to default everytime i restart my pc! I have no idea of whats going on or why it keeps reseating. any reply's will be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone !!!!!

Relevancy 54.18%

Recently, my laptop had gotten the blue screen error. Ever since everything was reinstalled, Windows wouldn't allow me to save any settings(Background, size of caption buttons, etc.). Athough, it does let me change the theme. I was thinking about using a registry edit from Kelly's Korner and it wouldn't let me import the .reg file. It said there was an error accessing the registry. Is there something wrong with the code? Any suggestions would be great.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SystemTray"="SysTray.Exe"

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell]
"BagMRU Size"=dword:00001f40

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam]
"BagMRU Size"=dword:00001f40

A:Windows XP won't save user settings- Help?

There's no error with the .reg file, there's an error with your registry. What have you recently done with your computer that could have caused this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-save-user-settings-help.855805/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Aspire One Cloudbook which I bought last October with Windows installed I didn't have to upgrade from earlier Windows nbsp As Windows has force-updated the sytem over the months I have frequently had problems with the synaptics shows user no settings after Windows t... 10 touchpad touchpad losing settings But I have always had the opportunity to go into the settings and re-set the gestures scrolling options etc nbsp The last week or two I have found mouse settings options in the Win Settings screens showing almost always just the Microsoft mouse settings resettings nbsp After an update today the synaptics icon has disappeared from the system Windows 10 touchpad shows no user settings after t... tray so I cannot double click it and get to the synaptics hardware tab to re-set anything nbsp To complicate matters the most current synaptics drivers here at Acer for this cloudbook is version BUT THE WINDOWS O UPDATE TODAY INSTALLED nbsp Assuming I can find synaptics hardware settings options somewhere -- well right now I'm lost on how to do that because there's nothing under properties or anywhere else I can find any user-modifiyable settings except for pointer options nbsp HELP PLEASE nbsp Thanks nbsp Gary

A:Windows 10 touchpad shows no user settings after t...

Check in Device Manager, do you have any devices showing errors?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Windows-10-touchpad-shows-no-user-settings-after-today-s-update/td-p/417178/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, all!

How do I go about changing the default user's setting on a Win2K Pro machine? I want to change the default user's settings to Power User or Administrator so that whenever anyone logs in, they have access to everything. Thanks!

A:Default User Settings in Windows 2000

Try "start", "settings", "control panel", "Users and Passwords".You should be able to make your adjustments from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-user-settings-in-windows-2000.152894/
Relevancy 53.75%

I used to use Windows Easy Transfer to backup my settings and files before reinstalling/reimaging...etc - now that doesn't exist, and File History really doesn't cut it when it comes to apps and settings.

A system image really won't work either, as I need to reinstall windows 8.1 on a new system with different partitioning...etc.

Are there any Windows 8.1 native tools that will do it? If not, are there any freeware apps that perform the equivalent?

I have checked out Paragon Backup and Recovery (more all-or-nothing) and D7 (freeware version doesn't have automated restore - but it does create registry dumps...hmmm) but neither seems to work as simply/well as WET used to.

I have tried just saving the User profile folder, but unfortunately, that doesn't save anything that's in the registry (outlook profiles, app settings...etc).

A:Backup and Restore User Settings in Windows 8.1

I wonder if they actually deleted migwiz in 8.1? Look here: %windir%\system32\migwiz\migwiz.exe

If it's there it may still run. If not you can try adding it. I just zipped up %windir%\system32\migwiz as W8migwiz.zip. Currently uploading to my Dropbox account. If you want to try it, download from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b8rabjupy59pmz/W8migwiz.zip

Edit: Just tried it on my Win 8.1 X86 laptop and %windir%\system32\migwiz is still there and running migwiz.exe brings up the normal WET window, but it seems to only support transferring into 8.1, not from 8.1, bummer.

Edit#2: tried renaming %windir%\system32\migwiz to %windir%\system32\migwiz-old then unzipping W8migwiz.zip to %windir%\system32\migwiz. Won't run, bummer.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/38926-backup-restore-user-settings-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Okay it's kind of a long story so bear with me here A couple years ago I had a problem that required the reinstallation of Windows I originally had Home edition but during the repair the friend of mine doing the work reinstalled it using a Professional edition When this started I used the settings Windows old Restoring user XP repair... a after same user name as I had before John K For the longest time I had the option to run either Home or Professional but never bothered with the former I had to re-do a bunch of personal information but at the time I was just thankful to be able to boot up again Most of the files for that were under quot WINXP quot whereas the old ones were in the folder quot WINDOWS quot and ignored Just today I had to run a repair reinstall again this time using a Home edition installation again because that's all I had available While the repair was successful when it came up it defaulted to the user settings I had the last time I used Home and Restoring old user settings after a Windows XP repair... I think it's defaulted to the quot WINDOWS quot folder again At the moment in C Documents and Settings there's two relevant user files quot John K quot and quot John K STUFF- FDD quot The latter is all the settings and such from my time using Professional Edition When I go to quot Change Users quot there's just the one named quot John K quot I would very much like to restore all the settings as they were prior to the most recent Restoring old user settings after a Windows XP repair... reinstallation but I have no idea if there is any method whatsoever of doing so All my files and such seem to be intact but all my settings and shortcuts and bookmarks and so on seem have been essentially wiped clean And it would be very nice to not have to redo all of this manually My first instinct is to try transfer all the files from one user data file to the other but I have no idea what that would do and I'm really paranoid about accidentally messing things up as it's been awhile since my last backup I'll be rectifying that as soon as I get all this sorted out believe me Could my solution be as simple as that I think that's everything relevant but it's highly possible that I've left some important detail out without being aware of its importance I would very much appreciate any and all help with this matter Thanks for your time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restoring-old-user-settings-after-a-windows-xp-repair-463779.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
So far, this has happened to me twice in the last 6 months. I logon to Windows 2000 using my normal user account and password, and the OS comes up as though I am a new user. My original documents and setting folders are all still there, but the OS has created a new set of folders named <user name>.<computer name>. To my knowledge, no one has logged on any differently or changed anything.

I eventually can get everything back by brute force; usually copying local setting folders into the new folders and annoying things like that. I would love to know:

- Why it happens (and how to prevent it)
- How to easily point the user settings back to the original folder structure.

Help!

Thanks

Peter

Relevancy 53.75%

So on June I shut down the PC and ok the Windows Update I turn the PC on today it still shows the four users that we have built into the PC but when I log into my user all user settings are gone My favorites are gone Outlook Express MS Outlook my Quick Launch Desktop background and icons everything tied to my user is gone When I launch My Computer and go into the quot User s Documents quot folder it does not have my settings Favorites etc lost User Update after settings Windows BUT when I drill into the file structure and go to my quot User settings lost after Windows Update User quot folder under quot Documents and Settings quot the Favorites and many other settings are in there My Programs seem to be all there except Google Chrome is mysteriously gone I m hoping my emails from OE and MS Outlook are still somewhere Is there a quick fix Turns out some of the Windows Updates cannot be uninstalled If not where would my Outlook Express settings be stored These are the updates User settings lost after Windows Update that were added KB KB Windows Imaging Component cannot be removed KB -v cannot be removed And a large number of Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack updates of them And a large number of Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack updates of them I can list the NET updates if it will help I am running Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service pack Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

during startup i get a pop-up displaying message Windows cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\user\give.exe.

in addition when sutting down, it says end program-sylePromotion.exe,
which then shows the program is not responding.I have to choose End Now
for pc to continue shutdown.

The pc is not connecting to the internet and is becoming very slow. Am i virus infected? have scanned with AVG 9.0 but nothing is found.

can anyone please help?

thanx

DB

A:Windows cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\user\giv.exe

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

Download the tools needed to a flash drive or other removable media, and transfer them to the infected computer, if you don't have access to internet.

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-cannot-find-c-documents-and-settings-user-giv-exe-452348.html
Relevancy 53.75%

so this is it,, i never established a user before 10 minutes ago my login was always administrator,, and due to spy ware and stuff that just started to bug me i decided to create a new log in,,
now when i created this new user my admin user does not exist anymore?? but all the mal ware from my old log in came to this new one,... anyways, the malware is not the prob,,
the prob is that i lost of of my tweaked user settings, i lost my beatifull desktop and i want it back!!! does anyone know how to get back my Admin user????

Relevancy 53.75%

This is a Micron PII 450, 256RAM, On board Vid, 10 gig hard drive, Winmodem, Win XP Pro. The real problem is my brother clicks on things and downloads junk programs without knowing what he is doing. Here we go though and hopefully someone might have a suggestion. Before his downloading of some program which he does not remember what the computer would start up with no user logon or anything. Now the computer boots up past the welcome screen then it has his name and icon like with multi users and when you click on his name it starts installing his settings then shuts down. I have tried going in on safemode but I can't seem to get anywhere near windows. any suggestions would be grateful.
Ricky

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-shuts-down-while-loading-user-settings.181191/
Relevancy 53.75%

Okay it s kind of a long story so bear with me here A couple years ago I had a problem that required the reinstallation of settings XP repair... Restoring after a old user Windows Windows I originally had Home edition but during the repair the friend of mine doing Restoring old user settings after a Windows XP repair... the work reinstalled it using a Professional edition When this started I used the same user name as I Restoring old user settings after a Windows XP repair... had before John K For the longest time I had the option to run either Home or Professional but never bothered with the former I had to re-do a bunch of personal information but at the time I was just thankful to be able to boot up again Most of the files for that were under quot WINXP quot whereas the old ones were in the folder quot WINDOWS quot and ignored Just today I had to run a repair reinstall again this time using a Home edition installation again because that s all I had available While the repair was successful when it came up it defaulted to the user settings I had the last time I used Home and I think it s defaulted to the quot WINDOWS quot folder again At the moment in C Documents and Settings there s two relevant user files quot John K quot and quot John K STUFF- FDD quot The latter is all the settings and such from my time using Professional Edition When I go to quot Change Users quot there s just the one named quot John K quot I would very much like to restore all the settings as they were prior to the most recent reinstallation but I have no idea if there is any method whatsoever of doing so All my files and such seem to be intact but all my settings and shortcuts and bookmarks and so on seem have been essentially wiped clean And it would be very nice to not have to redo all of this manually My first instinct is to try transfer all the files from one user data file to the other but I have no idea what that would do and I m really paranoid about accidentally messing things up as it s been awhile since my last backup I ll be rectifying that as soon as I get all this sorted out believe me Could my solution be as simple as that I think that s everything relevant but it s highly possible that I ve left some important detail out without being aware of its importance I would very much appreciate any and all help with this matter Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Restoring old user settings after a Windows XP repair...

Do you have an external drive and imaging software (ie Acronis)?
If so, I would recommend creating an image of the drive (Windows) in it's current state.
Then, you can troubleshoot to restoring your settings (as possible), and in a worse case scenario you
have a backup to restore in case you "mess something up."

I think that you are pretty much "stuck" with the current XP Home
settings since you did a repair install. You will most likely need to manually transfer the files that you need and manually restore the settings. Since you did the repair with Home, you will have certain limitations that you may not have had with Professional.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restoring-old-user-settings-after-a-windows-xp-repair.905045/
Relevancy 52.89%

I share a windows 7 ultimate desktop pc with several other users including a guest user (non administrator) and another standard user (non administrator)

Can these non administrator users access and chane wireless modem setting?

If they can change modem settings is there any way to block them from changing modem settings?

A:can a non administrative user change modem settings in windows 7

Sign in as 1 of them and try.

Why would they be changing modem settings ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/279807-can-non-administrative-user-change-modem-settings-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I got a new computer about a week ago, running Windows XP home and student edition, and have been using the admin account since. That is only true because when ever i go to make a new user profile, like one you select when you want to log in, it dosent transfer Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or One point. I have no idea why, but it dosent. Please help

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP user account settings problems

You will have to reinstall those programs for each user. I believe that there is an option when installing Office to install on all user accounts on the computer, so once you have all user accounts set up, try that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-user-account-settings-problems-165465.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I got a BSOD whilst playing Battlefield 2 last night, actually the fourth BSOD of the day, and my Windows installation failed to boot, giving me a 0x7b stop error.

Now I've tried allsorts to fix this, such as CHKDSK and FIXMBR. Now after performing these steps I was promted with a corrupted Hal.dll, so I installed a new copy of windows to a 500GB drive and copied the Hal.dll over from there. However, I was again promted with the 0x7b stop error.

So, my current situation. I've decided just to go to the neww install of Windows 7 and copy my profile and settings over. Now in the past I've done this dozens of times using the Windows Easy Transfer Wizard, but unfortunatley I don't have an up to date backup of my profile.

So, do any of the microsoft guru's have a solution for this please?

A:Recovering user profile/settings from corrupted windows....

There is no reason to copy hal.dll to a new Windows 7 installation.

Wipe the HDD with KillDisk then install Windows 7.

Upon reaching desktop, allow Windows Updates in - www.update.microsoft.com

Then validate your Windows 7 OS - www.microsoft.com/genuine

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovering-user-profile-settings-from-corrupted-windows-524860.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am using Windows 8.1, the power options are all set to 'never' but the display still powers off if untouched for 30 minutes, are there any other settings I can check _ Many Thanks

A:windows 8.1 power settings user options not enforced

Somewhere I read that this was fixed by going to the longest time possible rather than Never (assuming 5 hours suits you).If it's a separate monitor see if it has its own "On Screen" settings (buttons near the bottom).Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/windows-81-power-settings-user-options-not-enforced/2051.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell inspiron N4010 that was presenting blue screen OD all the time after fallowing the stop codes decided to reinstall windows via recovery disc. windows recovery to factory settings ask for user name and password after the initial set up it will keep me on the blue screen, but does not load any picture ID or user name on the screen please help...

A:windows recovery to factory settings ask for user name and password

Try running the more stable Recovery partition following these steps: Dell Restoring Your Computer?s Software to the Factory Settings

Do you have the Dell Reinstallation DVD? It should not ask for password if you correctly boot it to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221446-windows-recovery-factory-settings-ask-user-name-password.html
Relevancy 52.89%

We have this image installed on about 7 laptops and they are all having the same issue. The issue is that, the user logs into the Win XP laptop which is on a domain, changes her desktop picture, changes her screen res and moves her desktop icon in different places. After the user logs off and logs back in the setting revert back to the default settings. I have checked the defalut user NT USER file and it is not .man. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-not-keeping-the-user-profile-settings.715792/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I have recently format my laptop last month. After format is was fast but after it starts to install all the updates. It become slowly. It also occasional sort of become noisy as it force the fan to run faster when i open software like ms word or excel and sometimes when i open a few tabs in chrome.

Here are the process list below. I notice that there any so many chrome process even that i open open 2 tabs.
I have done doing checkdisk and currently doing defrag.
Anyone knows whats wrong?

A:Process list

I don't think anything is wrong .

MS Office programs...impose an additional load on any system.

I don't know how you are "measuring" your perception of "slow"...I'm curious as to how you determie that the system "slows" when updating.

I don't know anything about Chrome...but, if it's like IE (the only browser I have any experience with), a new process opens in Task Manager for every Window that is opened...and there is 1 process running all the time, reflecting the install of the browser.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/230010-dfrgntfs-exe-when-idle.html

When the Windows defrag is running in the background...and you haven't started it...my experience is that may be indicative of a problem with the hard drive or a system that sorely needs to have chkdsk /r run, then a manual defrag started.

System manufacturer and model?

How large is your Windows partitio...how much free space does it have right now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398641/process-list/
Relevancy 52.89%

when i reinstalled windows xo everything seemed to be running fine then i let one of my friends on i dont know what happened everything seemed to be running slow so i checked my processes list in task manager and some processes were taking up 50 k to 150 k im not sure if thats virutal memory or not but it is slow down my computer such as pauses in video games programs freezing for long amounts of time and such any ideas on what may be causing this ? if so please tell me

A:process list

Hi,

Which process is taking up most of the memory? Did you ask your friend if he/she did anything to the computer?

Can you provide some specs of this machine please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/process-list-252943.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey,

I thought something unusual and I was wondering what it was. I searched it up on Google and it appears to be a virus (Trojan). It is called IAstorIcon.exe. If so how do I have to remove it from my control panel, people say it's linked to intel rapid storage technology.

Also I'm wondering what else I should be on a look out for.

Thanks

A:Looking at my Process list.

IastorIcon.exe is a legitimate file as can be seen here:

SystemLookup - Global Search

Quote:

Also I'm wondering what else I should be on a look out for.

You can visit our General Computer Security Forum and review PC Safety and Security - What Do I Need? for some helpful information.

If you have reason to believe the machine is infected, please follow our pre-posting process outlined below and give us a brief description of the issues you're having.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/looking-at-my-process-list-965721.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
In XP I had my process list down to 15 (primarily a gaming machine)

If anyone has some advice on what processes I could kill in 7, please let me know!

processes

thanks!

A:Please look at my process list

Welcome to seven forums.

you can kill
dwm.exe(but that will shutdown aero)
wiptis.exe
sidebar.exe
searchIndex....exe
wuaudt.exe(It will shutdown windows update)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/25174-please-look-my-process-list.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I don't really know if this is something to be concerned but there are too many svchosts exe running in my computer and there is are other things running I can't find any info about such as excorp exe I'm worried because too the many of list in same my process I've recently had passwords stolen that did some pretty big damage so I'm trying to find anything wrong follows the hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Arquivos de programas Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Documents and Settings All Users Menu Iniciar Programas Inicializar ExCorp exe C Arquivos de programas Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Arquivos de programas Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE D ARQUIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe D ARQUIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - too many of the same process in my list BHO MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C ARQUIV MEGAUP MEGAUP DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - D ARQUIV SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO G-Buster Browser Defense Unibanco - C A C E-EA C- D -B B - - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files gbiehuni dll O - Toolbar MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C ARQUIV MEGAUP MEGAUP DLL O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Arquivos de programas ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Arquivos de programas CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run LGODDFU quot C Arquivos de programas lg fwupdate fwupdate exe quot blrun O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Arquivos de programas Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Arquivos de programas HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot D Arquivos de programas DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon D Arquivos de programas Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC D ARQUIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run ExCorp C WINDOWS system ExCorp exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Arquivos de programas Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer D Arquivos de programas Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup ExCorp exe O - Global Startup Inicializacao do Office lnk O - Global Startup Localizacao acelerada da Microsoft lnk O - Global Startup Monitor Apache Servers lnk D Arquivos de programas Apache Software Foundation Apache bin ApacheMonitor exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network D... Read more

A:too many of the same process in my list

Hello, and welcome to the HijackThis Help Forum.

Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately.

Since it has been a few days since you first posted, please post a fresh HijackThis Log if you still need assistance.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/too-many-of-the-same-process-in-my-list-130537.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having problems with a bunch of programs (iTunes, Steam are the ones I actually care about). Problem is, they won't run. Looking in the process tab of task manager, these processes that aren't working have *32 next to them. Does this mean they're 32 bit? I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 and I downloaded the 64 bit installers.

A:*32 in process list?

*32 just means it is a 32bit process, nothing wrong with that, 64bit Windows can run 32 bit processes.

Sometimes it is best to right click on the software installer and select "Run as Adminsitrator"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32-in-process-list.902511/
Relevancy 52.89%

Can I use switch user option on power option list or on start menu list ?

A:switch user option on power option list or on start menu list

Hello jk22,

If you like, you could already use either option in the tutorial below to natively switch user. OPTION ONE is the closest to what you want.

Switch User in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/34029-switch-user-option-power-option-list-start-menu-list.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all I hope someone can help me restore usability to my XP SP installation on my Dell refurb I've lost my original user and program settings after a repair installation It all started when the user told me they had an event using Firefox that necessitated rebooting their computer Upon restarting they got a black pre-Windows screen indicating that the SYSTEM file was not going to work I wished I copied the wording I didn't I tried booting off original repair XP didn't preserve my user/settings...HELP! Windows a Windows XP SP slipstream disc that I use for these occasions went to the repair installation option not the Recovery Console initially but the XP system could not be found just the partition Next I went into Recovery Console to see what registry hive files were in the CONFIG folder All five were there - SOFTWARE SYSTEM DEFAULT SAM and SECURITY - plus one called SYSTEM SAV with smaller size and much older file date I tried backing up these five files to a TMP directory but the SYSTEM file could not be copied I renamed SYSTEM as SYSTEM bak and SYSTEM SAV as SYSTEM but that didn't help reboot or recognize as a working system as again I tried doing a repair install Windows XP repair didn't preserve my original user/settings...HELP! from CD Next I found similarly named files in the REPAIR folder except the SYSTEM file was not there just one called SYSTEM BAK I copied all five of those files to the CONFIG folder having backed up the original five files minus SYSTEM which wouldn't copy I renamed SYSTEM BAK from the REPAIR folder as SYSTEM once it was moved to the CONFIG folder When I booted this time I got a blue screen of death after the Windows splash screen After this I booted using F to get the options at the bottom of that screen it said that lt Windows root gt system ntoskrnl exe was missing or corrupt I booted to recovery console and ntoskrnl exe seemed to be there but didn't try to reinstall it from disc - perhaps I should have The last thing I tried leading to this problem is that I booted off CD and went through the repair installation of the now listed Windows XP Professional system I chose R and let it do its thing It prompted me once about regional settings It seemed to progress maybe a little quicker than usual However after the whole process was over it was booting Windows as if for the first time asking me for user IDs and giving me the chance to learn more about XP Now Windows XP starts but when I look at Users in control panel I just have Admin and Guest - my original user account is not there However the programs that were installed are still listed they don't work quite right yet either prompting me for licenses or other issues such as Net Framework which I can describe later Also the C drive still contains the folders associated with the original user that I'm trying to restore which I backed up again to make sure The Outlook data files are there too Can anyone guess or suggest what my next step should be if I hope to restore functionality to this system sooner rather than later or never I'm about to go through Windows updates of which there are many pending I've thought about hunting for other registry hive files to restore or in a different combination By the way the Windows Restore doesn't show any previous restore points

A:Windows XP repair didn't preserve my original user/settings...HELP!

The registry hives in the Repair folder are placed there during the initial XP install. If you used those hives then no program installed after the XP install would work. 

Do you still have the initial registry hives in config you backed up? Put those back in config. If not then you would need to reinstall all programs.

Look in the hidden folder System Volume Information.Is there a folder named restore with a long suffix. Double click it. Do you see any folders with a RPXX name where XX is a number?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587896/windows-xp-repair-didnt-preserve-my-original-usersettingshelp/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I recently repaired an XP Professional installation and now i no longer have the option to login but and windows settings start up at folder documents has no user login has to the old profile just a default profile with admin rights The profile still has its documents and settings folder with everything intact and all programs from the original profile seem to be in program files The user also does not appear in local users and groups I have even been able to move over the application data and open a program which remained authorized and had access to previous presets I also made a new profile and in the registry changed the profile image path to that of the old profiles folder I m not sure why it just seemed important to see the old desktop again which i do but all the paths for the programs or at least most of them are set to quot I quot changing the path to quot C quot worked on some programs anyway i user has no login at windows start up but has documents and settings folder digress what am i missing here am I able to regain the previous access nbsp

A:user has no login at windows start up but has documents and settings folder

If anyone could just point me in the right direction, i'll take it from there but i just dont know where to go from here.
is it a registry problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-has-no-login-at-windows-start-up-but-has-documents-and-settings-folder.1135598/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys I work on a Service Desk at load settings XP fails profile Solved: Windows to user the NHS We Solved: Windows XP profile fails to load user settings seem to be having a problem and no-one knows why it is happening and i m determined to get to the bottom of it When ever these particular users logon to the domain XP won t load their profile settings email settings desktop icons etc It does seem to load some of the profile as it doesn t display the quot corrupt profile quot or quot unable to load profile quot error message but it won t load any documents or applications settings so the user gets an empty My Documents folder and an empty desktop I have tried recreating the profile and copying over the settings which does seem to resolve the issue for a while but eventually the problem occurs again So far there are only users having this problem But there seems to be no fix We ve even tried reinstalling Windows on the PC but eventually the profile begins to fail I d love to be the guy to show everyone how to resolve this proble Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP profile fails to load user settings

Run eventvwr.msc and look at both the System and Application logs for repeating errors.

Have a look for the errors referenced in this article and if you see any, install the User Profile Hive Cleanup service.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en
MIght be worth installing even if you are not seeing those specific errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-profile-fails-to-load-user-settings.886528/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, my computer randomly resets my settings, which are for example:

Taskbar buttons: Never Combine back to Always Combine
Also, it changes my custom user folder location from D:/xxxx/Downloads back to C:/Users/xxxx/Downloads and there is no option to change the location when I right click.

Any idea why this is happening?

A:Windows resets my taskbar settings and user folder location

Hello, Welcome to the forums!

May I suggest you take a look at this tutorial: Taskbar - Backup and Restore Pinned Items in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366515-windows-resets-my-taskbar-settings-user-folder-location.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I noticed in my process list, that there are 2 rundll.exe, with no descriptions in either one! Is that normal? Also, there is no description in the csrss.exe nor OffSpon.EXE process either? Is that normal as well? Please let me know! Thanks.

A:Why do I have 2 rundll.exe's in my process list?

Hello,

This article explains it pretty well for a basic overview:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-rundll32exe-and-why-is-it-running/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581566/why-do-i-have-2-rundllexes-in-my-process-list/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

How many processes are normal for vista? I checked recently and I'm running around 70, and I remember running about 30-40 in windows xp. If I post my process list, will someone knowledgeable give me a run down of what I can eliminate?

Thanks,

Justin

A:Solved: Process List

I have 84 right now.

You can look up your own processes as easily as someone else could do it at many useful sites.

http://www.processlist.com/
http://searchtasks.answersthatwork.com/
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-process-list.834861/
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so first off im playing this game with a friend and i need to find it on my process list. The thing is gunz.exe and its not on it, i used process hacker and it showed it on there. All my buddys on the game can see it on there process list but i cannot so i know it has somthing to do with my computer/setup. I also know that it is not my firewall/anti virus cus i recently stopped it to try and figure out this problem. Pleaseee Help. Thank you

A:Process list problems.

Somone Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/process-list-problems.1026925/
Relevancy 52.46%

When I started up it says Win.ini corrupt. Then it starts
up as a new user losing track of Favorites and Start Menu
and Desktop Icons, Display and Folder attributes. Under
Documents and Settings it has added Dave.U5R2D5 in
addition to Dave which still has all the information. I tried
switching the 2 Filenames to get back to what it used to be but
gave an error message and didn't do it and started another new file.
Is there some way to use the old Dave file?

A:Lost settings, New user made in Documents and Settings

Hiya asd123321.

It sounds like you`ve re-installed the system from CD over the top of an existing system, giving you a fresh `Dave`. Have you recently run a repair or indeed, done a clean install ?

As a work-around, can you take the documents & favourites from the old `Dave` and put them in the new `Dave` so at least you`re back up and running again.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-settings-new-user-made-in-documents-and-settings.920132/
Relevancy 52.46%

I use Windows XP Pro My lovely children got to my computer this morning user's are gone My (my kids!) another settings with replaced Files/Settings and and logged in as me rather than as quot kids quot Now when I try to log in as quot me quot all My Files/Settings are gone and replaced with another user's (my kids!) settings of my settings are gone and the scene and settings look like when you log in as the quot kids quot When I try to go into explorer it tells me I have to install it Same with all My Files/Settings are gone and replaced with another user's (my kids!) settings other programs Nothing shows up as installed If I pull up my programs list it still lists my programs such as itunes word etc My Files/Settings are gone and replaced with another user's (my kids!) settings but if I try to run them they all need to be installed Logging in as quot kids quot still looks like quot kids quot though If I look for my Word documents through another user s Word I can find them under quot kids documents quot quot shortcut to me documents quot I looked at doing system restore but somewhere in the process it looks like system checkpoints have been deleted because the only system checkpoint it shows is from today and is after the change occurred I obviously can access my Word documents but it is my saved email and addresses that I am most upset about Any suggestions Would it make things worse to try restarting the computer Many many many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-files-settings-are-gone-and-replaced-with-another-users-my-kids-settings.629554/
Relevancy 52.03%

Upgraded from Windows to Windows some months ago Original profile did not require password to log in and was not associated with a Google email or Microsoft account that I know of I added a user a couple of days ago added a personal account of mine with my own password from my laptop because software problem said try another user and this laptop computer didn't have any other users So I added one That was a mistake After I quot added a user quot I could ONLY log on the computer with the NEW user The old one the profile all the Added original User, user profile & / disappeared settings settings the playlists everything was gone Like it never existed There was and is no option to log on as the original The computer became an extension of my laptop with zero other option I had to add a third user and give it admin capabilities just to remove my laptop profile which I didn't really want on this computer I was just adding a user to quot try another user quot with a software problem But all my original settings seem gone I can see additional users in Windows Media Player for instance but it says I need permission to access those Since it is impossible to log on as any other user except this latest and third user I can't give myself permission to access those old playlists Adding a user should come with a warning If anyone has any ideas where I can recover the old settings I'd be grateful The threads I've seen around the web and here have directed to Windows workarounds which do not work for my machine

A:Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

It might be worth finding out all the users that are associated with your PC. To do this open a command prompt (right click on the Start button) and then type in the following command wmic useraccount list full

This will display all users on your system (including hidden ones) and if you paste the results here we can determine which accounts are still present. If you want to see more details of this process look in the tutorial: User Account Details - View in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56470-added-user-original-user-profile-settings-disappeared.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I started configuring Vista Home Premium as an administrative user and was wondering if it was possible to transfer the configuration for that user to a different standard user account which, from what I understand, would be more secure. It should be possible to switch the administrative user account to a standard user account (haven't seen this either), but I would like the option of using a standard user account with basically the settings I have set up so far for the admin account while maintaining the admin account as is. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks.

A:Transfering Program Settings for Administrative User to Standard User

The easiest way would be to create a new account, copy the profile of the original account over to the new one, and then make the new account a limited one.

Though this is for corrupted profiles, the method is the same:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfering-program-settings-for-administrative-user-to-standard-user.733508/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everybody

My first post here, hope I'm doing it right.

I'm trying to get a Windows 7 Standard Embedded to work as "it should"

The issue can be seen on the attached photo in this post.

No matter what CAB I install after the image has been build the screen I get under "Control Panel" - "User Accounts" - "User Accounts" is the one I have attached.

I can't find the right feature or pack that I need to install or activate to make me be able to get the normal setting screen in "User Accounts".

Is there any of you people who can tell me what am doing wrong?

Best regards
Morten

A:User Control Panel missing settings and icons - Windows 7 Embedded

Test for infection, run SFC, establish a Clean Boot, then continue through the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 reporting back as you go in case other steps are indicated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375620-user-control-panel-missing-settings-icons-windows-7-embedded.html
Relevancy 52.03%

This problem started 2 days ago, as my computer first stopped working screen hang no commands working, so i directly switched off the laptop an than when it restarts, it booting very slowly an after that it always show preparing your desktop, due to which
al my settings are gone i cannot store anything on my desktop on data in downloads also, it's like system gets reset. Please help me out with this problem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8b024355-0e99-435e-8ddd-035f1364f193/everytime-i-log-onto-my-windows-81-pro-pc-it-states-preparing-desktop-and-all-user-settingsfiles?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 51.6%

Wondering If anyone knows of a place to find a good comprehensive Process list or process list program for WinXP Home or webpage ZoSo

A:Solved: Process List or Program

CodeStuff Starter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-process-list-or-program.346614/
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer started crawling yesterday When I start using gmail Firefox's CPU usage starts hitting Firefox 100% of Process CPU List top usage, - and I can't write emails however I can read them Other programs are slow when Firefox 100% CPU usage, Firefox top of Process List is running CPU Usage is constant at Have run antivirus spyware adware programs and deleted what they caught Logfile is from after all these scans Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system dlcfcoms exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM GEARSEC EXE C WINDOWS system netdde exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system UStorSrv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files kang FSVD FSVD exe C Program Files kang FSVD FD exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS webshots scr C Program Files Huawei technologies HUAWEI Mobile Connect HUAWEIDataCard exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com photos php id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www weather com weather local ocalUndeclared R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy iub edu bd O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run BMMGAG RunDll C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT pwrmonit dll StartPwrMonitor O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run TPHOTKEY C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe O - HKLM Run frymxins quot C Program Files ATI Technologies Fire GL D Studio Max atiimxgl quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:100% CPU usage, Firefox top of Process List

Apologies for the late response. The forum has been very busy. Please be informed that the system is infected with
Agobot worm which is known to terminate antivirus and security applications, collect system information and registration keys of
popular games that are installed on the computer, as well as acting as a backdoor server and allowing remote users to access and manipulate the infected systems directly.

Though the Trojans have been identified and can be killed, because of their backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. In all honesty, if this were to be my computer, I would reformat and reinstall Windows XP.

Please read these for more information:

Danger: Remote Access Trojans
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...o/virusrat.mspx

When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

However, if you do not have the resources to reinstall your computer and would like me to attempt to clean it, I will be happy to do so but it is not fully guaranteed that your computer will be completely rid of malware regardless of what anyone can really do.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/100-cpu-usage-firefox-top-of-process-list-251688.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I noticed as of about a week ago, my ram usage doesn't add up in task manager, or processhack. I added up all the figures, and it only came out to 1.2gb of ram, yet its been using 2.6 gb just browsing the web. I did virus scans, came back for zeroacess which I just removed this morning, and that was it. The ram usage is still off the charts, any thoughts? Heres a screenshot of all my processes.

http://i50.tinypic.com/bgo480.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/95wq5l.jpg

A:Ram usage not true on process list

Are you talking about the bottom of Task Manager where it says:
Physical Memory: x%?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492086/ram-usage-not-true-on-process-list/
Relevancy 51.6%

hiya the link to my other spyware fraud post is at the bottom of the pagehere is my sys specasus List / Sherrif This Hijack Process Spy k ndeluxe socket mobo running latest asus updates duel ram sata drive ata driveamd athlon ghzservice pack xp Spy Sherrif / Hijack This Process List home editionlatest updates installedzone alarm free editionspy doctor full editionadaware Spy Sherrif / Hijack This Process List just downloaded windows firewall is also onwireless g connection to the webhere is the hijack this notes - Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC maya docs Wrapper exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC maya docs jre bin java exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system umonit exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files D-Tools daemon exeC Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exeC Program Files Logitech MediaLife MediaLifeService exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exeC WINDOWS CTHELPER EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXEC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC DOCUME steve LOCALS Temp exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exeC Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXEC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME steve LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk my yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run UMonit C WINDOWS system umonit exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe -lang O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run CorelDRAW Graphics Suite b E corel Languages EN Programs Registration exe title CorelDRAW Graphics Suite date serial dr wex- -kt... Read more

A:Spy Sherrif / Hijack This Process List

Click here to download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop. Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.Click here to download ewido security suite - it is a trial version of the program.Install ewido security suiteWhen installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.The program will now go to the main screenYou will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click updateThen click on Start UpdateThe update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. Do NOT run a scan yet. Exit the program.Click here to download Ad-Aware SE 1.06 and install' if you haven't already got it. Launch Ad-aware and click on "check for updates now" to make sure you have the latest reference file. Do NOT run a scan yet. Exit the program.Next reboot into Safe Mode. You can get there by restarting your computer and continually tapping F8 until a menu appears. Use your arrow to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen. Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish. The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive (where your operating system is installed). You will need that log later.Launch Ad-aware again:Click "Start"Select "Perform Full System scan"Click "Next" to start the scan.When the scan is finished, the screen will tell you if anything has been found.Click "Next". The bad files will be listed.Right click the pane and click "Select all objects" - this will put a check mark in the box at the side.Click "Next" againClick "OK" at the prompt "# objects will be removed. Continue?".Exit the program.Launch ewido again:Click on scannerClick on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin (do not open any folders or open the windows control panel while the scan is in progress).While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OKWhen it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save reportClick Save report.Save the report .txt file to your desktop.Now close ewido.Next click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Display>Desktop>Customize Desktop>Web and uncheck "Security Info" if present.Reboot back into Normal Mode and click here to run ActiveScan.Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC buttonA new window will open...click the Check Now buttonEnter your CountryEnter your State/ProvinceEnter your e-mail address and click sendSelect either Home User or CompanyClick the big Scan Now buttonIf it wants to install an ActiveX component allow itIt will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scanWhen the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.Paste the contents of the Panda scan report, along with a new HijackThis Log, the contents of smitfiles.txt and the Ewido Log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42943/spy-sherrif-hijack-this-process-list/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have Been looking round my computer and i noticed that i have a weird startup and process list. for example in the startup list i have several of the same entries and the same for my process list, i have done a print screen of my process list and i attach a HJT log and a startup list. Good Luck!!

A:Strange startup And process list

Nothing attached

Just do a HiJack log for now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-startup-and-process-list.415271/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have multiple mshta exe instances in my process list Earlier I had like I closed them all and rebooted and within a couple of hours I have four more Here are my logs Thanks in advance for Multiple mshta.exe in process list any help you can provide Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Multiple mshta.exe in process list system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLanCfgG exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files DirecTV DirecTV Kernel DMP CLDTVHNService exe C Program Files iPod Multiple mshta.exe in process list Access for Windows iPAHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C WINDOWS system DeltaIITray exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe Multiple mshta.exe in process list C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Squeezebox SqueezeTray exe C Program Files Zecter ZumoCast ZumoCast exe C Program Files MusicIP MusicIP Mixer MusicMagicServer exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Sony MD Simple Burner NetMDSB exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Sling Media SlingAgent SlingAgentService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA SQUEEZ server Bin MSWIN mysqld exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA SQUEEZ server SQUEEZ EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS System mshta exe C WINDOWS System mshta exe C WINDOWS System mshta exe C WINDOWS System mshta exe C Documents and Settings Harvey Desktop Fix Malware HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run DeltaIITaskbarApp C WINDOWS system DeltaIITray exe O - HKLM Run M-Audio Taskbar Icon C ... Read more

A:Multiple mshta.exe in process list

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-mshta-exe-in-process-list.978892/
Relevancy 51.6%

hello everyone ...

i am using a HP tablet PC touchsmart TX2-1370 which came with windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit OS
recently i saw some processes running .. i am afraid is it virus or normal .. i didnt install any other operating system or dual boot ...
plz look at this and tell me ........

so please tell me ... am i wasting my ram on some useless processes ...

how to remove that processes named as *32

i am using norton internet security updated daily .. activated .. it is not detecting any virus ... and also scanning with C cleaner latest virus ...

please look at this image which i snipped it ..

thanks in advance for the help ..

A:list of process running in my laptop...

Ahhh, you got nothing to worry about mate, the *32 represents that it's a 32 bit application. Your running an x64/64bit Windows 7, hence why you see this, if you were running a x86/32bit Windows 7, you wouldn't see this, nor would you get a *64, because x86/32bit cannot run x64/64bit code.

Hope that explains it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/48140-list-process-running-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello.

First, I don't know is it right forum for this question. If not, please move my thread to other forum.

I was not looking at this list and today I did it for no reason and noticed something that I'm not sure about.

1. hyoidragaslope.exe.
User name that run this process : System
File details : Screenshot by Lightshot

Searching on Google did NOT give my any result so I don't know anything more about this file.

2. background worker.exe
User name that run this process : System
File details : Screenshot by Lightshot

Once again, I never noticed these 2 files. I don't check it regulary but this one time I saw this and what to ask what is it.

Thanks in advance
TSFrozen

A:Strange processes on my process list

Whenever a process is not mentioned in Google, most likely it is a virus.
To find out
Run a full anti virus scan
Run a full scan with malwarebytes
Run a full scan with eset online.
These are good and should reveal the problem.
If nothing is shown, the security specialists will be here to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/359900-strange-processes-my-process-list.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have two admin accounts on my Windows 8 computer, I want to transfer everything from one of the admin accounts, to the other so I can make it my primary account.

Is there anyone who can suggest the best way to do this?

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/35751-transfer-user-account-settings-files-another-user.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm creating a new user profile and I want to have the same settings as an existing user account (desktop environment, etc.). Is there an easy way to just copy these old settings from the existing user account or must they all be manually netered and configured again for the new user account?

Relevancy 51.6%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi sorry to be one of those guys whos first post is one asking for help but here I am so I appreciate any and all help and hope one day I can reciprocate the favor I also havent seen this problem described anywhere else online and thought people may find it fascinating as well When logging into the Primary user with admin privaledges account the desktop no longer has files and icons it used to have and the start menu no longer shows the User XP redirected set empty and documents account of to login settings folders Windows list of dfault or frequently opened programs some programs but not all are also Windows XP User account login redirected to empty set of documents and settings folders missing from the start menu programs section If I open my documents from the start menu it takes me to an empty folder not even my music or my pictures default folders inside I also have restricted permissions and cannot change any of the folder view options such as show hidden files Windows XP User account login redirected to empty set of documents and settings folders and folders When examing the Documents and settings folder I found a new folder called quot TEMP quot inside are the standard user account folders application data local settings documents desktop etc these folders now contained whatever I put in the my documents folder or on the desktop The actual user name being logged into still has its folder located in the documents and settings folder and still has its files and folders intact It seems that the login however now has these new TEMP folders associated with it and a scan of Malware bytes has revealed nothing more then an ask com adware toolbar but I believe the virus may have been removed prior to me having the computer in my possesion So is there a way to undo this login redirect or should I just create a new user account and move the files into it Edit more info in the event log is this is event source userenv Event ID Type Error Description Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - Access is denied Steps I have taken so far ran CHKDSK to automaticaly fix filesystem errors only minor inconsistencies were found like unused index entries Had to set static network ip information to connect to the internet certain windows folders like windows registration had no permissions for administrators or system Edit looks like I have found a solution and its possible that this profile issue was simply a coincidence but this KB article has fixed the issue by changing the profile registry key maybe someone else will find it usefull http support microsoft com kb

A:Windows XP User account login redirected to empty set of documents and settings folders

Welcome aboard Let's see, if we can recover your missing features.Download and run UnHideThen....Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408043/windows-xp-user-account-login-redirected-to-empty-set-of-documents-and-settings-folders/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi:

My friends computer appears to have gotten a mean virus or spyware. Windows will not successfully start. I removed the drive and set it up as an external drive and scanned it with SuperAntiSpyWare, AVG and MalWarebytes Antimalware. All found some trojans and viruses, apparently removing them all. However, I still cannot access his profile or the administrator profile--all report access denied.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

A:Windows continually restarts/Documents & Settings user profile access denied

Hi:

I also tried booting up with an Ubuntu boot cd and I still couldn't access either the administrator or the user profile. Any ideas?

Tom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296152/windows-continually-restartsdocuments-settings-user-profile-access-denied/
Relevancy 51.17%

For some odd reason, a process called CTsvcCda.EXE has started appearing in my system's process list. This has never shown up in my process list before in all the years I've been jinking around with this old desktop. Neuber et al suggest it has something to do with Creative Technologies media stuffs, either an MP3 player or something to do with CDs. Don't have an MP3 player, though. A search for the file shows it in two locations: C:\I386 and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.Is this something bad, or did the machine just suddenly rediscover old software?

A:CTsvcCDA.exe has begun appearing in process list

.Description of File: ctsvccda.exeDisc Detector from "Creative Technology Ltd". It detects the insertion of an audio CD into your multimedia drive and then launches Creative's player to play the audio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453358/ctsvccdaexe-has-begun-appearing-in-process-list/
Relevancy 51.17%

Good time of day!

Version WLM: 14.0.8064.0206; OS: W7 RC 7100

I use WLM as a news reader. Every 1-2 days the list of all news is reset and rebuilt again. In the Quick views's settings panel the checkbox "All news - Shows all posts..." is set and locked.

How to unlock and disable it or how to stop the process of updating the list of news?

Thanks to all responded.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244521-wlm-how-stop-process-updating-list-all-news.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Great site here I wish it didnt take me so long to find it I am using Win k and have a system idle process running at - all the time yet none of the other processes show much of anything happening I have turned off some Process list/Idle at 80-90 Startup constantly by checking at answersthatwork com and blackviper com I also use Spybot S amp D to check and get rid of Spyware etc I keep Norton Systemworks Startup list/Idle Process at 80-90 constantly and NAV up to date and have run it recently After searching the site I found the mention of the startuplist program quite a lot and downloaded it and found it full of information but some of which was not understood by me Specifically the IE searchbar items BHO s I use Download excellerator for download manager REG entries Here is the copy from startuplist StartupList report PM StartupList version Started from C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis EXE Detected Windows SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System cisvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system userdump exe C WINNT system ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SymTray exe C Program Files Common Files stardock TrayServer exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C WINNT System PELMICED EXE C Program Files Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe C WINNT System ctfmon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zapro exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep csinsmNT exe C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBTray exe C WINNT system ntvdm exe C WINNT System cidaemon exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Real RealOne Player RealPlay exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rnathchk exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup ZoneAlarm Pro lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zapro exe CleanSweep Smart Sweep-Internet Sweep lnk C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep csinsmNT exe GoBack lnk C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBTray exe -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINNT system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run A Stardock TrayMonitor quot C Program Files Common Files stardock TrayServer exe quot Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon PMXInit quot C WINNT System pmxinit exe quot UpdReg quot C WINNT UpdReg EXE quot NAV Agent quot C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe quot SymTray - Norton SystemWorks quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Symtray exe quot SetReg Mouse Suite Daemon quot PELMICED EXE quot -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunOnce SymTray - Norton SystemWorks C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Symtrdr exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run WindowBlinds quot C Program Files Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe quot auto ctfmon exe ctfmon exe -------------------------------------------------- Load Run keys from C WINNT WIN INI load INI se... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello and thank you to anyone that can help My system is running weird I go to click on any icon and it will not open right away it take me about - more clicks before it opens up I thought maybe I have some kind of virus or bug in my system I am using AVG and did a scan and after all that it still is not smooth Could it be that maybe some kind in Manager XP? is Process in list running be my should What on Task of hardware component is going bad Maybe What is should be running on my Process list in Task Manager in XP? the RAM The system was built by myself What is should be running on my Process list in Task Manager in XP? in with parts from newegg com I am going to include a screen shot of my task manager process list I am not a sure on what should be running and not Also how do I check if my RAM is going bad or other hardware going bad I used to use System Suite but decided to go the cheap route with AVG free edition I would like to learn how to know what should be in the background of my system and not Thank you to anyone that can help me

A:What is should be running on my Process list in Task Manager in XP?

You have nothing out of the ordinary in your Task Manager. Be sure that you have blown all the dust out of the inside of the case with Compressed air, especially the processor fan and heat sync. Turn it on and make sure all fans are spinning. . Your HDD may be starting to fail, run the HDD Dianostic tests for your HDD Manufacturer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-is-should-be-running-on-my-process-list-in-task-manager-in-xp-531778.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

We are using roaming profiles, win xp on clients and windows 2003 on the
server.

I have a user who complains that the user's settings are not retained - when
somebody else uses their computer. For example the resolution is affected.

Is their anyway to lock down those settings so a default is used.

A:User Settings get changed when another user logons

The last I understood, hardware changes are NOT controlled by the Roaming profile. Any local hardware changes will affect ALL users.

Depends on what the DEFAULT is and if ANYONE can make hardware changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-settings-get-changed-when-another-user-logons.753278/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys This came about when my brother decided it d be a good idea to open a Word document from his heavily-infected laptop on my machine The main symptom is an invisible file I Documents and Settings Ian Ian exe running on startup that can t be terminated or deleted Spybot reports it constantly setting itself to run on startup I ve run a series of scans with troubles Docs&Settings\[user]\[user].exe ClamWin AdAware and Spybot and this is the situation after that Thanks for your time and I Docs&Settings\[user]\[user].exe troubles hope you can help Ian The HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes I WINDOWS System smss exe I WINDOWS system winlogon exe I WINDOWS system services exe I WINDOWS system lsass exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I WINDOWS system spoolsv exe I Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe I WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe I Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe I Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe I WINDOWS system nvsvc exe I Program Files EDIMAX Common RalinkRegistryWriter exe I Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I Program Files TVersity Media Server MediaServer exe I Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I WINDOWS Explorer EXE I WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE I WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE I Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe I Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe I Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe I Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe I Documents and Settings Ian Ian exe I Program Files EDIMAX Common RaUI exe I Program Files locate locate exe I Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe I Program Files Winamp winamp exe I WINDOWS Explorer EXE I Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - I PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - I PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - i program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - I Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - I Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - i program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE I WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE I WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot I Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot I Program Files Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKLM Run ClamWin quot I Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe quot --logon O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer I Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot I Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run Google Update quot I Documents and Settings Ian Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce SetDefaultMIDI MIDIDEF EXE s Creative SoundFont Synthesizer w SB Audigy User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce SetDefaultMIDI MIDIDEF EXE s Creative SoundFont Synthesizer w SB Audigy User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce SetDefaultMIDI MIDIDEF EXE s Creative SoundFont Synthesizer w SB Audigy User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce SetDefaultMIDI MIDIDEF EXE s Creative SoundFont Synthesizer w SB Audigy User Defau... Read more

A:Docs&Settings\[user]\[user].exe troubles

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

Please download the OTM by OldTimer.

Save it to your desktop.
Please double-click OTM.exe to run it.
Copy all the lines in the quote box below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

:Files
I:\Documents and Settings\Ian\Ian.exe

Return to OTM, right click in the "Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.

Click the red Moveit! button.
Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
Close OTM
Note: If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes. In this case, after the reboot, open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTM\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.
Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediatly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/docs-settings-user-user-exe-troubles.847256/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

There is an exe running on my computer and I didnt find any link about its discriprition on Google, and it is taking from 48 to 50% of my CPU.

The name seems to be U0RgxbwfkF0.exe.

Any tip or idea what this may be?

regards,

Dan

A:Process in my task list and has not a single mention in Google

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

Check Loaded Modules  and Detect TDLFS file system.  Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue

Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of  TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply===================================================aswMBR--------------------Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.NOTE:  aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.===================================================ESET Online Scanner--------------------I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan  This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:

Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply.   Note:  If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logaswMBR logESET results 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486323/process-in-my-task-list-and-has-not-a-single-mention-in-google/
Relevancy 50.74%

The username field in the processes tab of the Windows Task manager is corrupt in my XP MCE installation. The characters look like boxes and other weird characters. Anyone have any idea what would cause this or how to fix?

See screenshot

thanks,
Brendin

A:Weird XP Prob: Corrupt username in process list

Lets see if it Helps
http://www.winxptutor.com/tmuserblank.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-xp-prob-corrupt-username-in-process-list.648946/
Relevancy 50.31%

my computer is suddenly running slow so i try to check the My List Check Manager Task Pls For Harmful/unnecessary Process? running process I don t know about the names of exe file and what it is so i need somebody help to check it The process Pls Check My Task Manager List For Harmful/unnecessary Process? lists System Idle Process System SVCHOST EXE SMSS EXE LSSrvc exe jusched exe SVCHOST EXE SVCHOST EXE aswUpdSv exe AppleMobileDeviceService exe RegSrvc exe RUNDLL EXE alg exe MCRDSVC EXE ExtEng exe S EvMon exe AGRSMMSG EXE ehRecvr exe Maruo exe WrtProc exe EHMSAS exe WrtMon exe Pls Check My Task Manager List For Harmful/unnecessary Process? ctfmon exe vVX exe LVPrcSrv exe SVCHOST EXE mDNSResponder exe IGFXTRAY EXE HKCMD EXE JQS EXE igfxext exe BrMfcWnd exe IGFXSRVC EXE IGFXPERS EXE BrMfcMon exe WlkCtrl exe EHTRAY EXE SVCHOST EXE dllhost exe RtkBtMnt exe eRAgent exe eDSloader exe BTWDINS EXE unsecapp exe wmiprvse exe SVCHOST exe MDM exe LSASS exe LVCOMSX EXE MSCamS exe CameraAssistant exe SPOOLSV exe SERVICES exe WINLOGON exe SVCHOST exe YahooWidgetEngine exe ehSched exe QtZgAcer exe Pls Check My Task Manager List For Harmful/unnecessary Process? ashMaiSv exe BrccMCtl exe SynTPEnh exe wmiprvse exe BrccMCtl exe YahooWidgetEngine exe SVCHOST exe RTHDCPL exe ashDisp exe CSRSS EXE BTTray exe wmiprvse exe BTSTAC EXE MemCheck exe taskmgr exe WINLOGON EXE ePower DMC exe wuauclt exe MSASCui exe EXPLORER EXE ashServ exe YahooMessenger exe MsMpEng exe SVCHOST EXE ashWebSv exe firefox exe Will this information be enough My system Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Intel reg Core CPU T Ghz GHz GB of RAM

A:Pls Check My Task Manager List For Harmful/unnecessary Process?

You can better do this:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Then we can be sure your pc is clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158116/pls-check-my-task-manager-list-for-harmfulunnecessary-process/
Relevancy 50.31%

so once i installed file on your randomly most annoying that appears the list. checker.exe process some programs like xsplit and teamviewer on one of my compyters and i noticed that checker.exe the most annoying file that randomly appears on your process list. an annoying program would come to my process list on taskmanager and start interrupter me its called quot checker exe quot i also have a driver installed for playstation eye camera but before i didnt had this problem checker.exe the most annoying file that randomly appears on your process list. and all the sudden this file start checker.exe the most annoying file that randomly appears on your process list. running from the temp folder on my computer and i tried searching this file and see if there is a specific location for it but i couldnt find anywere i tried scanning my computer with ESET nod and i still coudnt find out if its a virus or what its annying me every time it opens by itself randomly it acts like pushing the letter quot q quot on my keyboard and when im playing battlefield it pushes q and starts spotting for me help me get rid of this file if i delete if from the process if comes back even if i go to its location and delete if from there

A:checker.exe the most annoying file that randomly appears on your process list.

dude i have the same problem. i searched checker.exe on my computer and i found so many of it on temp folders. i did the same that you did and i couldnt delete it pertinently. it also types the letter "q" when im on a game or writing something.Moved this post from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic475791.html ~ OB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479670/checkerexe-the-most-annoying-file-that-randomly-appears-on-your-process-list/
Relevancy 49.88%

Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other program and click Retry or click Cancel to exit.

I have a new installation of Windows 7 Home Premium 32, and this message was popping up at every boot. I have gadgets turned off to prevent this, but I would like to try out some gadgets.

I searched on Google and found a gazillion identical questions, but not a single answer... not one I understood anyway. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rusty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274449/settingsini-is-being-used-by-another-process/
Relevancy 49.88%

Installed Windows 7 over Vista with no trouble except when Windows starts a window titled "Desktop Gadgets" pops up with the following message:
"Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the
other program...."
The above results in having no sidebar or gadgets, and I have no idea what the other process might be in order to close it. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Settings.ini is being used by another process.

Quote: Originally Posted by WEB45

Installed Windows 7 over Vista with no trouble except when Windows starts a window titled "Desktop Gadgets" pops up with the following message:
"Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the
other program...."
The above results in having no sidebar or gadgets, and I have no idea what the other process might be in order to close it. Any help would be appreciated.

Web hi and welcome

The other process may be a gadget. when the error comes up if you kill sidebar in taskmanager does the settings.ini disappear? to restart gadgets just type sidebar in search

If you tell me what gadgets yo have i may be able to figure it out

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/32713-settings-ini-being-used-another-process.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi All I m new here but hoping you ll be able to help Recently my W bit machine has been taking ages to log in Looking at the logs from Kaspersky I have hundreds of events taking place at startup which seem to be System32\svchost.exe trying of action to is list delete : process suspicious modules getting blocked by the AV but there is nothing in the System32\svchost.exe : suspicious action process is trying to delete list of modules scan results to indiciate I have a problem I ve put some of the log below as it seems to go on for ever If any one can help I would be very greatful If you need any more other info please let me know I m very keen to get this fixed Process C Windows system services exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to delete list of system services key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services TabletInputService TriggerInfo value data Process C Windows system services exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to delete list of system services key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services TabletInputService TriggerInfo value data Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to delete list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog A value data Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to delete list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog A value data Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog value Serial Access Num data x a Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog value Serial Access Num data x a Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog value Next Catalog Entry ID data x d Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog value Next Catalog Entry ID data x d Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog value Num Catalog Entries data x Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog value Num Catalog Entries data x Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog Catalog Entries value ProtocolName data MSAFD NetBIOS Device NetBT Tcpip B AF-BA - D-B - A F A D DATAGRAM Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog Catalog Entries value ProtocolName data MSAFD NetBIOS Device NetBT Tcpip B AF-BA - D-B - A F A D DATAGRAM Process C Windows system svchost exe PID suspicious action Process is trying to write list of modules executed during system startup key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet services WinSock Parameters Protocol Catalog Catalog Entries value PackedCatalogItem data d f f c d c d... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389771/system32svchostexe-suspicious-action-process-is-trying-to-delete-list-of-modules/
Relevancy 49.02%

This question relates to the processing of the Automatic Configuration and Proxy Server sections of the Local Area Network LAN Settings dialog box On my network I have a number of laptop computers that leave the network and return Accordingly I have the IE proxy automatic process How settings? does created a pac script file called proxy pac that determines if the computer is on our network If it is How does IE process the automatic proxy settings? a proxy is specified I now have added a firewall that adds exceptions in the Advanced button of the Proxy server section These exceptions tell the browser to bypass the firewall for two specific sites What How does IE process the automatic proxy settings? I want to do is to How does IE process the automatic proxy settings? have laptops that process the script and find they are IN the local network to also process the exceptions list I want those same laptops when they are NOT IN the local network to ignore the fact that the manual proxy settings box is checked Questions If I need to have laptop computers on the LAN connect directly to the two sites in the exceptions box is it enough to have just the quot Use automatic configuration script quot box checked or do I need TWO checkboxes checked Use automatic configuration script AND Use a proxy server for your LAN But If I have TWO checkboxes checked Use automatic configuration script AND Use a proxy server for your LAN will those same computers successfully connect to the internet while AWAY from the LAN as in a hotel EVEN THOUGH the manual proxy box is checked Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-does-ie-process-the-automatic-proxy-settings-420394.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Trying to load admin or any other user while at the xp welcome screen. Using an Vaio laptop

Any selected user starts loading personal settings and jumps immediately to save personal settings and returns to the welcome screen.

Had an attack by Antivirus 2009 and am trying to runMalwarebytes mbam-setup.exe from a flash drive.

I can get into safe mode by pressing F8 when booting up but not sure how to proceed from there.
Thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-user-load-jumps-from-loading-personal-settings-to-saving-personal-settings.806252/
Relevancy 48.59%

My e-mail account is through wm.connect (wal mart- which is Netscape, which is handled by AOL now.  When I am browsing craig list or e-bay and send a e-mail, their e-mail is stored in my contact list.  Their address pops up in my contacts.  And it is time consuming to go through and delete each one individually.  If I hit the control button and check all of them and then hit delete, it will only delete one.  Is there a way around this?.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586448/e-mail-settings-contact-list/
Relevancy 48.59%

I need to export user list from one windows nt 4.0 server to a another nt 4.0 server.what is the file i have to look for? somebody help me pls.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-list.263401/
Relevancy 48.16%

how come when i look at processes my svchost.exe is taking up 115 mb of ram and like 60% of my processing speed?

A:windows process problem

It's normal for several instances of svchost.exe to run at the same time. My own machine has four as I type, and they are using 45mb; 115mb seems a little high, but I guess what's acceptable depends on what you're doing with your machine.

Not sure what you mean by the use of 60% of your processing speed. CPU usage, perhaps? If so, do you really mean that all processes and programs are currently using 60%, or that svchost.exe processes alone are doing so? My Windows XP machine has 27 processes (including the four svchost.exe) running and CPU usage is 0%. It's idling; this post is being typed on a Mac.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-process-problem-280685.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi im running windows Vista and i just got a terrible worm you might have heard of it its called worm win netsky It really messes up your computer and I got all of it except i get random shut downs because of Plug and play errors and DCOM errors I think i just figured out what was wrong with the Plug and play error i havent gotten another error from that yet if you have more information Launcher Server settings Process DCOM about the plug and play error please still feel free to post anything you know about this error I think i DCOM Server Process Launcher settings can fix the DCOM error but when i go into its settings everything is shaded as if i cant change any of the settings which i cant So if you know how to fix it so i can change settings then ill be golden Thanks for your helppp PS I still get random web page pop ups that open in a new tab any information on that would also be much appreciated Please feel free to look at the images for additional infromation nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dcom-server-process-launcher-settings.141838/
Relevancy 48.16%

It began a couple of weeks ago with some reckless downloading of various sound editing software All of them sucked so I uninstalled all of them and was careful not to get suckered into downloading extra stuff i e toolbars I ended up contracting the dlinksearch virus anyway which redirected my links to the dlinksearch webpage I ran mbam adwCleaner and Hitman Pro as suggested by this site For a while I didn't get my links redirected until yesterday when a link used file be another being All settings.ini opened, can't shortcuts by process.. went All shortcuts can't be opened, settings.ini file being used by another process.. to dlinksearch I ran mbam again got nothing I used Junkware Removal Tool this time too because I ended up leaving it out last time since Norton didn't have any info on it At that time a couple of my taskbar shortcuts were blank pages instead of their icons and they didn't work I thought it was an exe file corruption or something but weirdly enough they were working again though still missing their usual icons I followed the instructions as directed by here anyway and restarted the computer But the computer didn't go to the startup screen it instead said something about NFTS sp and began scanning all the files and restoring them to default or something I let it go on for about an hour then when I get to my admin account which is the only account on the laptop a window opens labeled Desktop Gadgets and says Settings ini is being used by another process Close the other program and the click Retry or click Cancel All shortcuts can't be opened, settings.ini file being used by another process.. to exit It appears as sidebar exe under processes All the shortcuts on the desktop laptop and startup menu don't work I managed to have cmd run but I had a hard time finding it because the search engine wouldn't search So now the search engine for the start up menu and windows browsers won't work and I ran the sfc scannow and came up with nothing I followed the instructions here and here in vain and it didn't work Now a new window shows up every time the laptop starts up labeled Windows It says Can't open this item It might have been moved renamed or deleted I tried see if I could restore my computer to a point in time at least a month before any of this happened but there was no restore point Need help please

A:All shortcuts can't be opened, settings.ini file being used by another process..

Sounds like registry corruption. You may have a rootkit Trojan, but I'm not certain.

Have you ever created a restore point before, or do you know for certain if any restore points have ever been made?

Can you get into Startup Repair?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512127/all-shortcuts-cant-be-opened-settingsini-file-being-used-by-another-process/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi.

Sorry to be vague, but I'm not sure how to describe this ...

I need to come up with something that a new member of staff will work through to familiarise themselves with their computer (Windows 8.1, Office 2013 / 365) and our system.

Any ideas?

A:New User Induction Process

Most community college have applications courses. In my experience taking and teaching them, they just use commonly-available materials. There are plenty out there. As for your business system, well that's up to you as we don't know it.

Amazon.com: learning windows 8.1

Amazon.com: learning MS office 2013

The hardest thing is to develop your own training program. I've done this too and it took me the better part of a year to do it. In hindsight, I don't think it's worthwhile as why would you want employees that aren't capable of learning the material on their own given the books and time to read them?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/new-user-induction-process-975401.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a new, home-built, hi-spec desktop pc with Win 8 Pro OEM and MS Office Home & Business 2010 installed. I have a Canon Pixma MP990 all in one with Win 8 drivers installed and it shows up in my list of devices under PC Settings/Devices.

I have no problems locating my printer (device) and printing within Office applications . However, I am not able to print a .pdf via Adobe Reader or anything which uses the Win 8 Start page. Ctl+P doesn?t produce a print dialogue and WinKey+K produces Devices but no printers. If I go to Charm/Devices, it lists no printers either. It?s early stages but I?m beginning to regret moving to Win 8 on a desktop pc.

Any ideas, please?
Pedro

A:Printer not in charm/devices tho list under PC settings

Hello Pedro,

It appears that the "Adobe Reader" Store app currently doesn't have a print feature available for it yet according to this link below at Adobe.

Adobe Community: Printing from Adobe Reader for Windows 8 Tablets

I would recommend to use the default Reader Store app that comes included in Windows 8 by default. It will allow you to print a .pdf in it.

Printing in Windows 8 Store Apps

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/19170-printer-not-charm-devices-tho-list-under-pc-settings.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I apologise if this isn't the right place for this, but I don't see a Server 2003 topic anywhere.

We've inherited the job of IT Support of a large company (7 servers) and everything's going great except it's a nightmare finding out how things are already set up. We've been asked what folders a certain user has access to, and I'm sure there must be an easier way to find out than by looking at every folder shared on the whole network.

Is there some kind of Report function that will give me a list of his permissions across the domain? Or is there a script somewhere that will do it? I know there are commands to list permissions on a certain folder, but I've got too many folders to do that one by one..

A:List of user's permissions

You could right a basic batch file or vbscript that traverses all the directories and files and pipes it to xcacls and then pipes it to the find command to find only permissions for a certain user.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/list-of-users-permissions.747031/
Relevancy 48.16%

on my favorites list is a web site i delete/ when i sign back on to aol its on my favorites list again, ive ran spy ware , hijack, adware, looked in regedit.exe., disabled auto complete, cleared history, its a porn site called vidgals.com
. any help plz. thanks signed stupid for going there!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/favorites-list-xp-user.167902/