Windows Support Forum

Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive

Q: Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive

Hi I m having a problem that I gather is fairly common with Windows machines but I haven t been able to find the same case in other threads nor a workable solution among similar cases I have two Windows computers the main laptop on Win and a hybrid tablet on Win I would like drive Win8.1 Trying connect to network to a for both devices to be able to access each other via my home network So for both devices I ve set the network settings to home private I turned on file sharing and discovery and even joined both devices to the same homegroup The end result is that my Win tablet can access my Win laptop both through the homegroup and through direct network access The problem is that my Win laptop cannot do either of those with regard to the tablet in all Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive cases I get the network error message that I cannot access the location and should check it for spelling To try to solve this issue I have attempted -Turning off the Windows firewall on my Win tablet -Looking around to see if I could find my Win tablet to unwittingly belong to some sort of domain have not been able to figure that out The odd thing is that I also tried to test out the network by setting up iTunes on both devices and setting them to share their music libraries via home share and sure enough both devices could access each other s libraries Similarly I was able to access my tablet from my Win laptop through a Remote Assistance invitation Would very much appreciate any advice I can get here Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive

Which Windows 8.1 tablet is this Pro or RT? RT your can't not x86 or x64. Pro you can. Disable Homegroup. Use Workgroup and call it something other than Workgroup like: DANET for example
So do this on laptop and tablet. On laptop make sure the folder is shared out to you the admin or your name example Dan.

So you should have local account on your system called Dan with admin rights. Back on the tablet side you need to create a local account. Did you setup Microsoft account so your login with that account only. You need to create a local account and start using that. It can be done to access the Microsoft account while being on local account while your at home.

If away from home then sign on to Microsoft account to access the cloud features. Or still use the local account and have Microsoft account to access store and skydrive (aka onedrive).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-to-a-win8-1-network-drive.199866/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hopefully my explanation of this problem Win8.1 Win8.1 Multi & in Data seen not - Boot-Win7 Drive is Multi Boot-Win7 & Win8.1 - Data Drive not seen in Win8.1 not too confusing this my first post My system is a multi-boot for Win Win amp XP I boot into Win Multi Boot-Win7 & Win8.1 - Data Drive not seen in Win8.1 most of the time The multi-boot is controlled via EasyBCD in Win My data drive is a separate disk - F I have been running this configuration for over a year without any major problems The system is an older Dell-XPS Core Quad CPU Q A GHz with Gb memory System drive - Tb with four partitions Data drive - Tb one partition Recently I booted into Win after a few weeks of using only Win The data drive F was not available It does not show up in Disk Management and under Device Manager it shows as not connected to the system when the Unavailable Devices are displayed Booting back to Win the data drive is available no problems with it There are not any errors in the event system logs in Win or Win related to the data drive F One possible cause might be that the motherboard battery was replaced about a week ago I had to go in the BIOS and make changes for problems encountered when Win was booted Unfortunately I didn't boot Win to see if it had any problems I've looked at the BIOS but don't see anything that might cause this problem The config for the EasyBCD is below for boot into Win There are a total of entries listed in the bootloader Default Microsoft Windows Timeout seconds Boot Drive C Entry Name Windows BCD ID a c -c - e - b- c a Drive D Bootloader Path WINDOWS system winload exe Entry Name Earlier Version of Windows BCD ID ntldr Drive C Bootloader Path ntldr Entry Name Microsoft Windows BCD ID current Drive C Bootloader Path Windows system winload exe Entry Name Microsoft Windows XP BCD ID d e - f- e - b c- e ce d b Drive C Bootloader Path NST ntldr Thanks in advance for your assistance

A:Multi Boot-Win7 & Win8.1 - Data Drive not seen in Win8.1

First off, why so many entries in BCD ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56158-multi-boot-win7-win8-1-data-drive-not-seen-win8-1-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My network contains:
10 PCs and laptops running (Windows7 & Windows8).
2 network printers
1 Network Drive (WD Mybook Live Duo)
Workgroup environment

Here everything is fine. But one of the windows 8 laptop cannot access network folder. It prompt username and password. whenever I am trying the username and password it says login failure. But the same username and password works for all other machines. I tried disable firewall, another windows profile etc.

A:Cannot connect to Network drive. (Enter network password)

Quote: Originally Posted by rashidkeezhal

My network contains:
10 PCs and laptops running (Windows7 & Windows8).
2 network printers
1 Network Drive (WD Mybook Live Duo)
Workgroup environment

Here everything is fine. But one of the windows 8 laptop cannot access network folder. It prompt username and password. whenever I am trying the username and password it says login failure. But the same username and password works for all other machines. I tried disable firewall, another windows profile etc.

From what I have read the WD Mybook has problems with certain Windows 8 machines.

There is a long thread about this at the WD forums, maybe you should read through it and see if the latest firmware has fixed this bug.

MyBook Live And Windows 8 - WD Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301752-cannot-connect-network-drive-enter-network-password.html
Relevancy 55.47%

How do I connect to a shared network drive I have setup on my Windows 2012 R2 standard server at home, from my Windows 10 pro laptop is at work?
Do I have to setup a vpn on windows 2012 server and connect to it from my laptop? Someone told me something about doing it that why, but I'm not sure?
Can someone please help me out.

A:How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

Follow this tutorial and you will have a VPN setup on your server. It worked as advertised when I set my home server up.
Sysads Gazette Setup a Windows Server 2012 VPN - Page 2 of 3 - Sysads Gazette

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39659-how-connect-shared-network-drive-when-not-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Had a previous connection for backup of PC2 to USB drive on PC1 but when I resized the usb partition being used...I had to delete and recreate the share on my PC1 & PC2.

Now I can not get the PC2 to connect for the weekly backup oepration.

These are both Win 7 Pro machines..The share shows up on PC2...but I get the following errors when trying to set up the weekly backup on the PC2 to the USB drive on the PC1 ? (permmisonerrorsPC2.jpg)

Can open and read the folders from PC2 to PC1..but can't re-setup the Backup on PC2 t0 the USB on PC1 ? (mypermissionPC1)

What am I doing wrong on permissions here ?

Thanks...TR

A:Can't connect to network usb drive

Quote: Originally Posted by trinaz

Had a previous connection for backup of PC2 to USB drive on PC1 but when I resized the usb partition being used...I had to delete and recreate the share on my PC1 & PC2.

Now I can not get the PC2 to connect for the weekly backup oepration.

These are both Win 7 Pro machines..The share shows up on PC2...but I get the following errors when trying to set up the weekly backup on the PC2 to the USB drive on the PC1 ? (permmisonerrorsPC2.jpg)

Can open and read the folders from PC2 to PC1..but can't re-setup the Backup on PC2 t0 the USB on PC1 ? (mypermissionPC1)

What am I doing wrong on permissions here ?

Thanks...TR

I think you have the sharing permissions correct but you may also need to go into the "Security" tab and set the permissions to "Everyone" in there also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/120445-cant-connect-network-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,

I have a small-business network set up, which is basically just a shared drive. The server is running Windows NT, and when I try to connect to it, my laptop (running Windows 7) asks for a username and password. I've entered the default ones for the router, and I don't know of any other password protections on the network. Any ideas?

A:Can't connect to network drive

you must have a user account configured on the Nt machine that is identical to the user account and password that you use to log onto the Win7 Machine. Assuming that this is not an NT Domain, then make sure the workgroup names are the same on both machines....actually even if it is you may still be able to fool it with windows pass through authentication

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40044-cant-connect-network-drive.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

Getting an error when trying to connect to a network drive 'An error occured while re-connecting.No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept'

Now this has been setup with a local folder on the server shared and is being mapped to 20 people on the network.
I looked under advanced permissions and can see max allowed connections set to 20, there are 19 people in the company but the problem lies that some bring in their laptops and attempt to connect to to the existing shares as well which is obviously causing problems as I can only allow max '20' connections to this mapped folder.

Is there any fix that will allow Win 7 Pro 64 I can enter in the registry to allow more connections?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Error when trying to connect to network drive

Welcome to the forums ururer

What server os are you using? That would help determining what you will need to do.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158411-error-when-trying-connect-network-drive.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have my computers on the same homegroup, have them on the same workgroup, when I go to network and try to connect to the C: drive of my basement computer from my office I have no problems. However, when I try to connect to the H: drive of my basement computer (secondary drive, not external USB or anything) it gives me bullshit about how I don't have permission to access it. I have it set to share to everyone, password-protected sharing is off, and the C: drive works fine. I'm about 3 days away from a sledgehammer party. Anyone have an idea what the problem is?

A:Can't connect to one hard drive on the network

When sharing drives you need to apply security permissions to them in order to enable the sharing for users that aren't from the local machine. To do this simply follow this post to allow Everyone.

HDD sharing

Warning
Giving Everyone permission to the drive will allow anyone on the network within the same workgroup at least read access to the drive. This could pose a security risk and you should continue at your own risk

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293781-cant-connect-one-hard-drive-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Going to make this short and to the point.

I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102
check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked! For example \\Nas102\Music

I also tried to make a fake folder name and map that for example, \\Nas102\FakeFolder
and the error said check spelling of "fakefolder" Nas102 was detected but not the fakefolder.

So, I need help trying to connect to the whole NAS instead of just mapping individual folders inside of the NAS.
Any help would be appreciated...Thank you in advance.

A:HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

Hello and welcome to the TenForums!

I'll also try to keep this concise! W10 has had quite a few problems with detecting networked devices and it is often due to problems when your W10 device is not the Master Browser on the Network. To get around this make sure you switch on your PC/Laptop first before you turn on any other devices or your NAS on your network. That is one workaround which might help for now. You could do a Google search for more information on this.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41455-help-mapping-network-drive-cannot-connect-nas.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently switched from XP to rc on my Mini- as I hear is more efficient on the little lapbooks Before I mapped several shared folders on a network drive to drive letters on my lapbook Now I can't get network drives to work any more When I attempt to quot map a network drive quot I get a network error 7 -- -- Network Drive rc can't Window connect I had a brief moment of success in the course of setting up the new system -- so it seems at least possible -- but no more And I have no idea what was special then I've tried all the fixes I can google up for several hours still no luck The configuration amp c are the same as before my change and other computers in the LAN all on XP have no trouble reaching the network drive only the mini running rc has this new trouble PROBLEM - Map network drive doesn't work Attempts to do so eg lt folder name gt fail with quot Error code x The network path was not found Window 7 rc -- Network Drive -- can't connect quot SETUP - Wireless LAN - Router at - Network Window 7 rc -- Network Drive -- can't connect storage drive at - Other computers at various other locations CHECKLIST - Printer amp file sharing is turned on - The computer amp network drive are in the same workgroup quot BURROW quot - Firewall is turned off for diagnosis - NETBIOS over TCP IP is enabled DIAGNOSTICS - PING success in pinging the drive at - PING success in pinging the drive by name quot THLAYLI quot - HTTP I can get to the server's firmware interface at http - NET USE quot net use quot returns quot The command completed successfully quot - NET USE but quot net use z persistent yes lt folder gt USER lt user gt lt password gt quot returns error quot the network path was not found quot - NET VIEW Also returns error for - NBTSTAT Code C Users User gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- LAPBOOK lt gt UNIQUE Registered BURROW lt gt GROUP Registered LAPBOOK lt gt UNIQUE Registered C Users User gt nbtstat -r NetBIOS Names Resolution and Registration Statistics ---------------------------------------------------- Resolved By Broadcast Resolved By Name Server Registered By Broadcast Registered By Name Server NetBIOS Names Resolved By Broadcast --------------------------------------------- THLAYLI lt gt BURROW lt E gt THLAYLI lt gt BURROW lt E gt THLAYLI lt gt BURROW lt E gt um HELP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-rc-network-drive-cant-connect-411052.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have been asked to set up a network drive for my employers We have two sites - one in London and one in Birmingham The main site London has a VPN server which we Birmingham dial in to They also have a shared storage drive on their local network which of course is therefore also accessible to us when connected to the VPN The drive however is very slow over the VPN due to their uplink So they would like me to setup a drive here which we can use as our primary shared storage But it needs to be accessible to the Standalone Connect to VPN? Can Network a Drive a London server too for backup purposes I thought it would be easy but I can see a snag If we buy something like http www ebuyer com product then it can t connect to the VPN independently Our desktops all dial in separately How can I get the network drive to connect to the VPN Are there drives which have a dialing capacity If not is there some way I can connect our entire network to the VPN server rather than just each system individually This is the first Can a Standalone Network Drive Connect to a VPN? time I ve had to deal in-depth with VPNs so any help would be much appreciated I have almost complete flexibility with settings software hardware but buying an expensive new router is not an option Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-standalone-network-drive-connect-to-a-vpn.795939/
Relevancy 52.46%

On our network I cannot access a shared folder on my friends machine but he can access a shared folder mine I do not even get as far as a challenge for credentials We are both using windows and are in the same workgroup We are also on the same subnet In network a 0x80004005 shared connect drive Cannot to addition I can ping his machine I can also Remote Desktop Connect When I try to connect to hismachinename all windows tells me is Error code x I can nbtstat ok into his machine Problem also happens when my firewall is turned off I have ensured I have windows updates I run security essentials and a registry Cannot connect to a shared network drive 0x80004005 cleaner to ensure Cannot connect to a shared network drive 0x80004005 my laptop is clean Cannot connect to a shared network drive 0x80004005 Problem happens if I use a wireless network or ethernet In addition I can't connet to other machines on the network It is as if the router is saying don't let him because nothing on my machine seems any different to my friends The problem happens as soon as I type in the machine name in windows explorer I do not get to the stage where I am prompted for username and password Any ideas

A:Cannot connect to a shared network drive 0x80004005

Welcome to Seven Forums breako,

Instead of typing \\hismachinename, type his computer's IP Address followed by the shared folder or Driver for example \\192.168.1.5\SharedFolder.

To obtain the IP Address of his computer, you may run the ipconfig /all command from his computer by following my Tutorial. If it's a little hassle for you doing this in his computer, you may download, install and run AdvancedIPScanner from your computer, to get his IP Address as well as the Host Name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211781-cannot-connect-shared-network-drive-0x80004005.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I ran Combofix and it deleted a nasty virus but now I can not connect to network drives I internet Combofix network cant Have drive after connect to but do have internet though ComboFix - - - user - x Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Running from c users user Desktop Have internet but cant connect to network drive after Combofix ComboFix exe Have internet but cant connect to network drive after Combofix AV Endpoint Security Manager Enabled Updated - - -B - A D SP Endpoint Security Manager Enabled Updated DF F -BFB - DE- B - FDD C E SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c program files Downloaded Installers c users Default AppData Roaming Checker tmp c users user g ax customer downloadhelper win x exe c users user g mdlhlpx exe c users user GoToAssistDownloadHelper exe c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB Have internet but cant connect to network drive after Combofix bckfg tmp c windows NtUninstallKB cfg ini c windows NtUninstallKB Desktop ini c windows NtUninstallKB keywords c windows NtUninstallKB kwrd dll c windows NtUninstallKB L xadqgnnk c windows NtUninstallKB lsflt ver c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows system drivers npf sys c windows system spool prtprocs w x x pp dll c windows XSxS c windows NtUninstallKB Failed to delete Drivers Services ------- Service NPF Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users user AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users esi AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users ntp AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers intelppm sys - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates BDAA-E - - E -ED DC CCD mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system tzres dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system EncDec dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system csrsrv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntoskrnl exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntkrnlpa exe Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system LMIRfsClientNP dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system Spool prtprocs w x LMIproc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system LMIport dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system LMIinit dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msvcp dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msvcr dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers RapportKELL sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system LMIRfsClientNP dll bak - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers tcpip sys - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components browsercomps dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot HPAdvisorDock quot quot c program files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor DOCK HPAdvisorDock exe quot - - quot Aim quot quot c program files AIM aim exe quot - - quot ShoreTel Personal Call Manager quot quot c program files Shoreline Communications ShoreWare Client ShoreTel exe quot - - quot RESTART STICKY NOTES quot quot c windows System StikyNot exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot hpsysdrv quot quot c program files hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exe quot - - quot PDF Complete quot quot c program files PDF Complete pdfsty exe quot - - quot IgfxTray quot quot c windows system igfxtray exe quot - - quot HotKeysCmds quot quot c windows system hkcmd exe quot - - quot Persistence quot quot c windows system igfxpers exe quot - - quot HP KEYBOARDx quot quot c program files Hewlett-Packard HP Desktop Keyboard HPKEYBOARDx EXE quot - - quot HP Remote Solution quot quot c program files Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe quot - ... Read more

A:Have internet but cant connect to network drive after Combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433621 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433621/have-internet-but-cant-connect-to-network-drive-after-combofix/
Relevancy 52.03%

At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded successfully with not network issues. There is a company domain in place. After upgrading the 7th computer, a Dell Latitude E6410, to windows 10, I cannot access the shared drive on the network. I can connect to the network, see shared printers and any shared workstations, and can even access the internet, but cannot connect to the shared drive. When attempting to do so, the message about missing network protocols come up. I have tried a few suggested fixes but cannot fix the issue.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38224-cannot-connect-shared-drive-company-domain-network.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have 2 work site, 1 at head office, 1 at site office

when i am in head office, everything is fine

however, when i am at site office, the network drive can't connected by using already mapped drive (which is using the computer name) and i try again using computer name to me via explorer -> fail again; lastly, i use ip to map the network drive and it works....

what's the problem with this scene....

A:network drive connect fail with computer name but success using ip

Quote: Originally Posted by colabear

I have 2 work site, 1 at head office, 1 at site office

when i am in head office, everything is fine

however, when i am at site office, the network drive can't connected by using already mapped drive (which is using the computer name) and i try again using computer name to me via explorer -> fail again; lastly, i use ip to map the network drive and it works....

what's the problem with this scene....

Could be a dns issue. This is a mapped drive to your head office, correct? If yes, how are you connecting to your server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/116036-network-drive-connect-fail-computer-name-but-success-using-ip.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

I do hope you can help

I'm trying to map a Network drive to 2 computers. When i fnish configuring (Drive and Folder) i get a Username / Password box appear. I enter my username and password (which is the same for both machines) but windows doesn't connect, and prompts me for username and password again

I have an XP machine networked to a Win 2K machine via Linksys Router.
I can ping each machine succesfully
I can see each machine within Network Places/ Workgroup

If anyone can help...then thanks in advance

Ben

A:XP to 2000: Mapped Network drive but can't connect, password/login

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-to-2000-mapped-network-drive-but-cant-connect-password-login.619916/
Relevancy 51.17%

There are five computers in my home and I have two remote computers. I have been looking for a backup option other than my physically plugging in a flash
drive and copying user files to it every 30 days or so. I've recently considered connecting a 1TB hard drive to my modem; so, my home computers can access it during an automatic backup process {like Windows File History option}. I have concerns with that though:
will it leave the user files vulnerable to remote attack? Will I, as the network admin, be able to manage that hard drive and all the files on it, preventing multiple copies and unnecessary copies? And, would it be possible to create a remote login for the
drive; so, I could enable the two remote computers to backup to it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/94c75673-a635-4939-b63e-2f2ab863c66e/how-do-i-connect-a-remote-drive-to-my-network-to-backup-user-files?forum=netmon
Relevancy 50.31%

I have recently loaded Win8 to both my laptop and desktop and have come across a strange problem. On the laptop I can access all of the tiles in Startup, but on the desktop, I get a message saying "You are not connected to the net". Two things seem odd 1.I can access the net using Internet Explorer and my usual WiFi settings.
2. Both computers use the same WiFi internet connection.
Can anyone offer a solution please, am I the only one with this problem?

Regards........Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-the-net-using-win8-tiles.1077621/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just switched to Xfinity and my Win 7 devices and Samsung phone are connecting to the modem just fine, but the Win 8 machine won't connect. The modem is a Technicolor TC8305C. Is this a common problem?
The Win8 machine is a dual boot and connects fine in Win7 so it definitely seems like a win8 problem.

P.S. I also have a Netgear Network Extender Model WN3000RP and it connects fine to that (in Win8).

P.S.S. This is all on Wi-Fi

A:Can't connect to Xfinity Modem with Win8

Hey Jim, you have Comcast ? Look here Configure Windows 8 Network Settings for XFINITY Internet

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66289-cant-connect-xfinity-modem-win8.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Pretty much says it all. I have five home computers, win8, win7pro, win7-starter, win2000 and Vista. Win8 can see none of the others. All of the others see each other but not win8.

TightVNC installed on win8, can see all PCs and can communicate and control them.

How can I get win8 to see the other PCs as TightVNC does?

I have searched and set everything suggested but still nothing.

Back when I first got the win7 computers they needed no tweaking at all to see each other including win2000. So win8 is progress, eh?

Can anyone please help with this.

And, in case you are thinking of it, I can't use TightVNC for the access I need as I have some software that has to use a UNC Path from the win8 machine. Until win8 can see the win2000 there is no UNC.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30218-win8-win2000-no-connect-but-tightvnc-will-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this dilemma? So I got an Inspiron 15R and upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I noticed that the bluetooth driver for my Jam Classic wasn't working. I looked for hours and I found a post detailing another substitute driver and I decided to install it (Qualcomm Antheros). It worked for a bit but then it decided to crap out on me after I rebooted my system. So I uninstalled the driver and apparently it took the internet with it because my laptop can't find any wireless networks now and what's worse is that I've been using my Microsoft Account to login and I don't have any other accounts on the start screen to login with. I basically can't do anything.

A:Cant connect to internet after uninstalling Qualcomm WIN8

Hey mate,

You'll need to post the specs of your computer. Bottom of your post, click 'my system specs', and update them. Then we can direct you where you need to go

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41208-cant-connect-internet-after-uninstalling-qualcomm-win8.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Attachment 54062 here is my error dump file.

I am getting BSOD everytime I am trying to connect to WIFI.

I have a Win 8 system on a HP pavillion 14 n009TU

A:BSOD while trying to connect WIFI on HP laptop with win8

Please update this driver as it seems to be the cause of your crash: Driver Reference Table - netr28x.sys

Code:
PxHlpa64.sys Mon Oct 17 16:29:34 2011 (4E9C3BCE)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

CLVirtualDrive.sys Mon Dec 26 14:26:47 2011 (4EF87617)
CyberLink Virtual Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CLVirtualDrive.sys

BtAudioBus.sys Fri Jun 15 05:17:09 2012 (4FDAA935)
IVT Bluetooth Audio Bus Driver for Windows 7 (IVT BlueSolei)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BtAudioBus.sys

clwvd.sys Fri Aug 3 12:49:32 2012 (501BACBC)
CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=clwvd.sys

WirelessButtonDriver64.sys Thu Aug 30 05:11:29 2012 (503ED9E1)
HP wireless driver - 1st seen in Windows 8[br]Apparently related to various keyboard functions and FN key
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WirelessButtonDriver64.sys

intelppm.sys Tue Nov 6 04:55:02 2012 (50988A16)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

Accelerometer.sys Tue Feb 26 21:08:10 2013 (512D162A)
HP Mobile Data Protection System Accelerometer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Accelerometer.sys

hpdskflt.sys Tue Feb 26 21:08:12 2013 (512D162C)
HP Mobile Data Protection System Disk Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hpdskflt.sys

Rt630x64.sys Wed Apr 10 05:07:51 2013 (5164D787)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

iaStorA.sys Mon Apr 22 21:38:05 2013 (5175919D)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

dump_iaStorA.sys Mon Apr 22 21:38:05 2013 (5175919D)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Tue Apr 23 19:36:39 2013 (5176C6A7)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

RtsPer.sys Wed May 8 09:33:39 2013 (5189FFD3)
RealTek RTS PCIE READER Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsPer.sys

Apfiltr.sys Fri Jun 21 03:14:45 2013 (51C3A905)
Alps pointing device
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Apfiltr.sys

igdkmd64.sys Fri Jun 28 18:34:06 2013 (51CDBAFE)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Sat Jul 27 04:26:58 2013 (51F32FF2)
Norton Internet Security
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SYMEVENT64x86.SYS

SYMDS64.SYS Wed Jul 31 01:29:08 2013 (51F84C44)
Symantec/ Norton NIS/ N360 driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SYMDS64.SYS

ccSetx64.sys Tue Sep 24 05:58:04 2013 (52410DCC)
Symantec/ Norton Common Client Settings Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ccSetx64.sys

rtbth.sys Fri Nov 29 04:13:06 2013 (52980642)
Ralink Bluetooth Adapter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rtbth.sys

SYMNETS.SYS Thu Feb 13 12:25:14 2014 (52FCAB9A)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SYMNETS.SYS

SYMEFA64.SYS Fri Feb 28 00:32:07 2014 (530FCAF7)
Symantec Extended File Attributes
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SYMEFA64.SYS

netr28x.sys Fri Mar 7 09:27:20 2014 (531982E8)
Ralink RT2860 series Wireless LAN Card (you may have a different manufacturer)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=netr28x.sys

Ironx64.SYS Wed May 21 00:27:42 2014 (537BD6DE)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Ironx64.SYS

SRTSPX64.SYS Fri Jun 13 19:27:22 2014 (539B347A)

SRTSPX64.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

eeCtrl64.sys Tue Aug 26 20:21:20 2014 (53FCD020)
Symantec Eraser Cont... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57276-bsod-while-trying-connect-wifi-hp-laptop-win8.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I can't connect my desktop with Windows 8 Pro and laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium to same Homegroup.

I tried to leave Homegroup on both computers, create Homegroup on dektop and tried to connect with laptop, i can see another computer who created that Houmegroup, i enter that password that Windows created but i still cant connet to that Homegroup. Then i tried to create Homegroup on laptop and tried to connect with dektop but that didn't work either.

I disabled firewalls and antiviurs on both computer. I have sharing on both computer on.

I have only one account on each computer with admin privileges, without passwords.

When i try to see shared folders on another computer he always ask me for account and password but i don't know which one since i don't have any password set up on my accounts.

Thanks

A:Unable to connect Win8 and Win7 to same Homegroup

You can try going through this Homegroup trouble shooting guide, follow the steps and see if you can find anything wrong.

It sounds like the time/date settings may be out of sync on those machines. The machine names need to be different also.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12332-unable-connect-win8-win7-same-homegroup.html
Relevancy 48.59%

HelloI have recently upgraded from vista 32bit to Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. All my important data was stored on Icybox External Drive enclosure in RAID mode (fully working before the upgrade).

Since the upgrade it is not showing up under "My computer", and then I go to disk management it is showing as an invalid Dynamic drive. I spent about 18 hours in various forums searching for solution, tried everything suggested, nothing worked.
I need the data that is on the ICYBOX and cannot convert it to basic disk until I get the data off.
The commercial software recommended did not work either.
Loosing my will to live!Anyone has any suggestions please?
Thank you

A:external drive showing as invalid dynamic drive after Win8 upgrade

Check here: http://illbethejudgeofthat.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/repairing-a-dynamic-invalid-drive-in-windows/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489622/external-drive-showing-as-invalid-dynamic-drive-after-win8-upgrade/
Relevancy 48.16%

I m pretty new New with Win8 network at networking and brand new to windows and looking for a little advice My question is simply does anyone see anyproblems with this configuration or have any suggestions Here is what I planon installing Linksys x wireless ADSL router modem I want to use itfor the modem but I choose a combo so it could also serve as a backup router New network with Win8 if the other one goes down Linksys New network with Win8 EA SMART WiFi router I intend to use this forthe primary network WD Mybook live TB personal cloud I want to set it up for allcomputers on the network to auto-backup Vista laptops Win laptops Win laptops For a little background there are four people in myhousehold We have old laptops and a wireless network with old very basicmodem router that are showing signs of failing It was set up for casual useseveral years ago but now members of the house are telecommuting We had toorder new Win laptops for work but we want to keep using our old ones assecondary computers There is also New network with Win8 a smartphone in the house now and willprobably be of them soon I know our network equipment is old slow andlacking backup so I decided it was a good time to overhaul it and get newer faster network equipment that will hopefully be more reliable The router modem Mybook and Win laptops were ordered thesame day so I m hoping to get everything set up at the same time I want to doit that way because our current router zone alarm is cranky about adding newcomputers so I don t want to go through adding of them and have to do it allover with a new network Also since these are for work I want to set upauto-backup with them from the get-go The problem is due to varying work schedulesour internet is in demand days a week We ve arranged to take a day off whileI set all of this up but I have to have it up and running by the next day That swhy I m gathering as much info as I can before I start Any input that anyonehas is greatly appreciated

A:New network with Win8

In this type of network it's usually best to let the modem/router combo handle the DHCP assignments. You would also want to turn off DHCP on the secondary router,this will put both routers into the same subnet using the same default gateway etc.

You should be able to see the IP of the second router on the DHCP list on the modem/router. Then just use that IP to access the second router so you can set it up as an access point.

If the modem/router also has wireless then you have two wireless access points which tends to cover a house better depending on placement of the A/P's.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29027-new-network-win8.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I would like to connect my desktop, running Windows 8x64 Pro, to a wireless network. Newegg shows several different different options, so I thought I'd ask here for advice/suggestions. TIA

Specs, if needed:
ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Motherboard
Corsair Professional Series Gold AX750 Power Supply
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB Memory
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Arctic Case
EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 Video Card
Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz CPU
4 - OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD
1 - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD
Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVDrw Burner

A:Win8 desktop > wireless network

I have had the best results using Netgear dual band router and dual band adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9775-win8-desktop-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My current xp system has lexmark platinum pro 905. I have no idea how to create network to new win8 machine to use the printer. Currently have netgear wireless modem with connection to the printer but printer on xp, printer is usb connected. Lexmark does not have a Win8 dirver. Help?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys and thank you in advance I have an ASUS computer with an onboard Realtek Ethernet and Wireless adaptor The computer reaches internet via cabled ethernet What I am trying to do is active its wireless in order to share the cabled internet wirelessly in the room where the computer resides This is a government facility and it is impossible to Hosted network problem on win8 set up a wireless modem so I am trying to share the internet I performed all the quot netsh wlan hostednetwork quot actions as I learned them from the internet I have shared the main connection for the virtual adaptor I have activated and disabled microsoft virtual hostednetwork adapter several times and still can not reach the internet Actually the problem is that the system can not get a proper ip it gets xx sort of an ip I have uninstalled mcafee and related components disabled firewalls and etc but still no solution I am attaching minitoolbox results of the Hosted network problem on win8 system I WILL BE GLAD IF ANYONE COULDHELP MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by user administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users user Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Single Language X Boot Mode Normal IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set FF Proxy Settings Hosts content IP Configuration Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Ethernet Connected Microsoft Bar amp nd amp r amp lan A amp Sanal Ba amp da amp t amp r amp c amp s amp Yerel Hosted network problem on win8 A amp Ba amp lant amp s amp Connected Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Hosted network problem on win8 Bluetooth A amp Ba amp lant amp s amp Hardware not present Realtek AE Wireless LAN ac PCI-E NIC Wi-Fi Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name asus Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gazi edu tr Wireless LAN adapter Yerel A Ba lant s Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Do rudan Sanal Ba da t r c s Physical Address - A- -F -EF- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Yerel A Ba lant s Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Bar nd r lan A Sanal Ba da t r c s Physical Address - A- -F -EF- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c cf f daf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- F-C - -D - -E - B- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek AE Wireless LAN ac PCI-E NIC Physical Address - A- -F -EF- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix gazi edu tr Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address D - -E - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca bb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Haziran Cuma Lease Expires Haziran Cumartesi Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- F-C - -D - -E - B- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gazi edu tr Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gazi edu tr Description Microsoft ISATAP Ba da t r c s Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C DDDD -BE A- D -A - AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Ba da t r c s Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server resolver opendns com Address Name google com Addresses a Pinging google com with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Ping stat... Read more

A:Hosted network problem on win8

This is a government facilityClick to expand...

Government facilities often have an IT department to deal with issues such as this, and may have restrictions against the use of Wi-Fi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hosted-network-problem-on-win8.1127355/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey!

I've recently upgraded to windows 8 and with it I got an issue, a few hours (sometimes days) after I start my PC up I become unable to load any internet pages it says "No data received", the odd thing being that if I'm on skype and playing online game these will still work fine even while I am unable to access any web pages. I've tried changing browser, IE, firefox and chrome, no effect. Troubleshoot problems also finds nothing wrong with it.

Any advice?

A:Weird network issue with win8

moved to network support

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connectio... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/weird-network-issue-with-win8-674225.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Background Info We have started upgrading our Front in network slowing down Desktop One Win8 All desk PC's at our branches with Lenovo All In One Desktops Specs differ from Branch to Branch Some Dual COres Some i 's and some i 's Depending Win8 All in One Desktop slowing down network on hoe bussy the branches are Some of our branches run Diginet Lines some ADSL Lines and some are on Fiber Lines We run a programme called Bluebird that is sitting on Hosted servers Scenario At one branch we replaced a oldish XP Machine with a new Lenovo all in one i Running Win Pro Before we ship these to the branch we set it up on our side and remove all of the factory Lenovo Software These confuse Users We went and setup this machine and all seemed to be working fine For a day or so Then the branch started complaining about speed on the network And it seems that speed is only effected when this machine is on and conected to the network This is the only Win PC at that branch We are getting complaints from a couple of more branches as we are rolling out these Win Machines NOTE The branches complaining are the ones on Diginet Lines or V-Sat connections Branches with Fiber or ADSL CONNECTIONS ARE FINE What we done so far Turned off all outomatic updates Turned of all programmes Adobe java ext that has some form of automatic updating Dissabled and deleted all live tiles There is no Anti-virus on these machines as they have no I-Net access and USB dissabled This is getting frustrating as it is only our Win Machines causing major slow down on these networks Any Ideas

A:Win8 All in One Desktop slowing down network

Do a virus scan with an Anti-Virus program to see if there are any viruses on that computer that may be using the Internet. Also, you can right-click on your task bar to open up Task Manager to see if there are any background processes you do not recognize, but make sure you look it up before you stop the process and remove the file.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/50608-win8-all-one-desktop-slowing-down-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a HP Pavilion A6 VISION AMD with Win 8 Home. It will look at and access all the files on that other 2 XP machines but is being stingy. When the XP's try to go to the Win8 machine it want's a password. I have tried my logon password. I have used a password generated by Windows' 8 itself. Nothing works. I'd rather not have the password needed at all. Never did before I did this factory recovery. File Sharing is on.

Thanks for any help at all! Jack ":-D

A:Win8 pc is requiring my XP pc's a password on the network?

Minor confusion. Both XP's were acting the same. When trying to access the Win8 Pc on the network both wanted a password. Now, unless it's a fluke, one of the XP's is able to access the Win8 Pc. Do not know why. The other one is still stalling at the password window. Nothing has been changed on either Pc. Always nice to confuse the issue more eh? ":-\\

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29823-win8-pc-requiring-my-xp-pcs-password-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright so I've noticed a trend that has happened in SEVERAL computers so I'm inclined to think it's an OS thing and not a hardware thing When I do a clean installation of Windows Pro for our client workstations by default the Ethernet is set to use DHCP If I then join the domain the network properly shows up as quot Domain network quot each time I boot and as such the GPOs are in effect - such as allowing pings through Windows Firewall But as soon as I change the connection to a static IP it stops working It starts showing up as quot Unknown network quot and type Public I even tried using the registry method from this thread But regardless even if I force it to be type private or type domain it STILL Win8.1 Domain Not Network Remembering shows up every time I reboot as Public with a name of quot Unknown network quot What really irks me is that I can temporarily fix this problem by opening up Device Manager uninstalling the network connector then doing quot scan for hardware changes quot This puts it back on DHCP and as such it shows as a Win8.1 Not Remembering Domain Network quot Domain network quot again I can change it to the desired static IP and it will keep that new IP and remain a Domain network until the computer is rebooted It then immediately goes back to being a public quot unknown network quot Is there some odd incompatibility in Windows between static IPs and domain networks It works perfectly fine on Windows and it seems to work fine in if the network is DHCP but on a static address it completely fails and none of the GPOs are applied upon login which is a very serious issue I have all the updates installed via Windows Update both optional and recommended in case that makes any difference

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61070-win8-1-not-remembering-domain-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to share a folder over a local network so I can access it from my Android device I am using ES filebrowser to access the computer I have included my user creds when connecting but the only share available is the Public folder on C while I have other shares on a different external USB HDD drive that give me errors The error I get from ES is Login fails This may be caused by WLAN is off SMB is out of network scope IP is invalid Blocked by firewall SMB service is off I have tried connecting Win8.1 Public than Network other inaccessible shares from another windows pc using the same credentials and am able to view all the shares Edit After creating new shares on local drives it seems the only shares that are unavailable are Network shares other than Public inaccessible Win8.1 ones created on the external drive Also trying to connect to this drive on Ubuntu gives Unable to access location - Failed to mount Windows share Invalid Network shares other than Public inaccessible Win8.1 argument

A:Network shares other than Public inaccessible Win8.1

The solution was to increase the IRPStackSize parameter for Lanmanserver through the registry.

The key is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

Create a new DWORD called IRPStackSize (if it doesn't already exist). Set it to a decimal value of 18 and increase incrementally by 3 until you can access the share. You will need to restart the "Server" service or restart your PC after every change for it to take effect.

Changes in IRP Stack Size in Lanman Server
Description of the IRPStackSize parameter in Windows 2000, in Windows XP, and in Windows Server 2003

The default value is 15. I set mine to 31.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51524-network-shares-other-than-public-inaccessible-win8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

heyya everybody i had a pc running on win7(32-bit) and had done custom(clean)install of win8 pro i.e, i Have a dual booting pc... and my problem is i should install my motherboard CD on dat OS(win8) to have all needed drivers... and the problem is my motherboard cd is already installed on win7 and when i tried dis cd on win 8 os it was blank!!.
plz help...... i need those motherboard drivers ...... i have something like....... DH55PJ kind of intel motherboard.... and wish to install the
1)LAN DRIVER
2) INTEL HD GRAPHICS
3) SOUND CARD driver
I'm not much a player of these big things of handling opearating systems...... but take a fair risk in completing dis task
and plz can any post a link where i could install my desired drivers for dis windows 8 pro??

A:network adapter problems with my win8 upgrade

You can download Intel drivers from here:
Intel? Desktop Board DH55PJ

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20954-network-adapter-problems-my-win8-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've been struggling all weekend with a USB network dongle and now I seek some professional help..

As mentioned I have a USB network dongle that I use as a second network card. On my stationary pc it installed the driver automatically when plugged into the USB-port and it works perfectly. When I plug it into my laptop it also installs the driver automatically but.. the driver doesn't work and I have an exclamation mark saying the driver isn't working properly. I have tried reinstalling the driver countless times - no luck.

Both machines run the same version of Windows 8. What can I do?

EDIT: It's a Bluetooth device.

A:USB network dongle driver failing on one Win8 pc

Automatic driver installations do not always work and there could be differences in hardware to account for that so why don't you start by providing the specs for the laptop that doesn't work. And BTW, I'm surprised your laptop doesn't already have inherent wifi capabilities as most laptops do. You'l also need to provide the specific make/model of you blue-tooth device and tell us if it came with any additional software.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32787-usb-network-dongle-driver-failing-one-win8-pc.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Just upgraded yesterday from Win7-Win8. Upgrade went mostly smooth, except I cannot connect to my network hard drive. I have confirmed that everything is setup to use WORKGROUP, and all of the other 3 win7 machines (and this machine prior to upgrade) recognize the drive.

Ideas?

A:ASUS RT-56U USB attached network HDD not recognized by Win8

I am running the RT-N56U router and can confirm that usb drives attached to the router are accessible in Win8 Pro.

Not sure what to recommend. Mine is configured with Homegroup rather than Workgroup. My RT-N56U is also running Padavan's firmware.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/10766-asus-rt-56u-usb-attached-network-hdd-not-recognized-win8.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My Win8.1 PC installs driver for Realtek GBE Family Controller and Internet speed is only up to 1MB. I remove the driver and install the one I downloaded from Realtek website and Internet speed goes up to 10MB and everything works fine BUT ONLY until next PC shutdown. When I turn it back on the Internet is nearly dying again, so I have to remove the driver and install the new driver again and again. Please help

A:Network card driver problem on Win8.1

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what type of hardware; post your system specs.

Next this seems more like a windows operating system rather than a hardware problem. There is a setting in control panel to stop auto updating of drivers. I do not use win 8 so this is from memory and you might have to look around a little.
Control panel>system>advanced settings tab>hardware tab>device settings or device installation settings then remove the "yes do this automatically" Another window should open up and have an option with something to the effect of never update drivers. Click apply or save [whatever] and restart. Your problem should be solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-driver-problem-on-win8-1.1163557/
Relevancy 46.01%

Friends I have a Gateway NV managing enabling/disabling not well network adapters Win8 L U amd a -based quot laptop with win it works pretty well except for a Win8 not managing well enabling/disabling network adapters few things that I suspect are related and I suspect all three are due to how is managing the drivers of the devices - Network performance in terms of starting up latching the WIFI AP successfully and getting online is unreliable oddly it seems that it does not like disabling the Ethernet CAT device leaving the WIFI enabled If I leave both enabled wifi performance seems more stable gaining and holding the connection - When I disable the CAT connection using the windows adapter settings pane the utility will hang but not consistently sometimes it hangs until it is forced to stop via taskmanager or restart but not always sometimes it merely takes a VERY long time - showing the hated hourglass while it takes as long as - minutes - Shutdowns and or restarts can take an extremely long time However it seems again that if both network adapters are enabled builtin wifi and builtin Ethernet the reboot or shutdown seems to go a bit more normally - Sometimes the WIFI will not actually connect as evidenced by IE and or Chrome being unable to access the network if I check windows using the taskbar widget it will show the system quot Connected to quot the AP and having quot Internet Access quot That little utility is mis-reporting When I DISABLE the WIFI adapter via control panel util the little taskbar widget may or may not still show the WIFI Device as quot Connected quot I assume that the adjustment of that feedback mechanism is caught waiting for something so slow to respond to the disabling of the device Yes I have uninstalled via windows both devices AND their drivers and reinstalled each using fresh checked driver files from Gateway Acer all the issues were there before and after all tips advice helps appreciated

A:Win8 not managing well enabling/disabling network adapters

Hi cognus,

You seem pretty well versed in troubleshooting so I doubt that I can help you; however, I will make the following statements based on my experience with Windows 8 and this experience comes from using a desktop and Laptop on a daily basis:

Win 8 is the fastest starting OS I've ever used - 6 second boot to desktop
Win 8 has the fastest shutdown times I've ever experienced - desktop about 1-2 seconds, laptop about 3-5 seconds
My laptop has no wifi connectivity issues under Win 8 - in fact, I could almost swear that it is running faster than Win 7

Now, if I were you, and I were starting to troubleshoot this issue, I would be focusing on the connectivity to the router, the protocols being used by your desktop and laptop, and the capabilities of the router. So, is the router Win 8 Ready. Can it handle both IPV4 and IPV6? The reason I'm focusing my attention in that area is because I had an old router when I first installed Win 8 and my connection speeds seemed to be suffering a bit; however, once I upgraded my router to one with 10/100/1000 ports that was IPV4 and IPV6 capable (eg Win 8 ready), everything improved immensely. Please understand that I am just generalizing here so take the information for what it might be worth. Good luck.

Oh, one more thing. Did you do a clean install of Win 8? If so, what partition structure did you end up with? 350MB system reserved + the rest to C: (for a legacy install)? If not, and you somehow did a Win 8 install, using the original Gateway partition structure, I can almost guarantee you that this would cause some issues.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27805-win8-not-managing-well-enabling-disabling-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have two wifi APs in the breaks win8.1 with Access Points network two wifi home and only one has an Internet connection the other is to access the wired LAN Last week I updated from win to win and thought everything was going well until I started getting wired LAN dropouts I have traced it back to handling connection to wifi APs In win8.1 breaks network with two wifi Access Points win I was able to have quot Connect automatically quot for BOTH wifi adapters on this laptop Now when I try to connect to the non-Internet AP win announces correctly quot Limited access quot and that's what win did too BUT win8.1 breaks network with two wifi Access Points win waits a few seconds then drops the connection with a useless message quot help me solve connectin problems quot where there is NO problem A limited connection for the AP to the wired LAN is OK as it was in So now I am stuck with no home LAN access unless I drop the Internet AP and connect to the LAN AP Also in the great wisdom of because it is only a quot limited quot connection it does not remember the Passphrase so I have to type it in every time So much for progress Can anyone please suggest what to do to get past this behavior and have a quot limited quot connection as OK as win8.1 breaks network with two wifi Access Points it is with win

A:win8.1 breaks network with two wifi Access Points

So basically you are using the computer to act as a Router to "Bridge" the connections between the two routers. Not a good way to do it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/46084-win8-1-breaks-network-two-wifi-access-points.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have installed build 7989 on VirtualBox 4.0.8 r71778, installation went fine but, having trouble getting the internet connection to work.
First time using VB.

Wireless router, Linksys WRT54G2, host computer is using cable.
Rig specs listed below.

Tried:
PCnet-Fast III (Am79C973), Cable connected selected.
Host Only Adapter, with same as above.
and NAT, with same as above.
None will let me connect to the router.
Name and password have been confirmed on another computer.

A search gave me several things to try but no success yet, also have read sections of the VB manual.

Anyone have any suggestions that I can try?

Thanks
EDIT: Solved

Bridged Adapter with Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop works.

A:Win8 7989 and VirtualBox network settings not working

Found this looking for a fix and it did the trick!

Used VBox4.1.2, Win8Dev, and some sorting of the bus types (most how tos did not work for me), got it installed and then no network, I tried several things, no go, then finally came across the above network settings and success!!

This may be fix for some of us for the next Win8 beta/RC and later!

Thanks!!

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/1918-win8-7989-virtualbox-network-settings-not-working.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am trying to share my DVD drive on my desktop running Win so I can access it on my Notebook running Win Pro so that I can load some software on the notebook from a DVD The instructions seem to be clear - set up the share & Win8 Home problem sharing Win7 network on the PC with quot Properties gt Advanced Sharing etc quot then map to it from the Notebook Home network sharing problem Win7 & Win8 and I have followed these instruction carefully But when I get to mapping to the shared drive I have tried using both the PC name amp its IP address ie DVDrive or Toshi DVDrive it goes looking but always comes back with quot Windows cannot access lt either if those names gt Check the spelling of the name Otherwise there could be a problem with your network Error code x quot Both machines and the WiFi network seem to work well in all other respects Both machines belong to the same workgroup WORKGROUP the workgroup password is the same on both machines I have also tried sharing a simple folder and get the same problem I must be doing something wrong or missing an important step HELP MUCH APPRECIATED nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-sharing-problem-win7-win8.1164349/
Relevancy 46.01%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Win Pro and a Win Pro and an XP computer all on the same wired home network I want to do simple file sharing like copy move delete rename replace This has been just fine with my Win and XP computer for many folder access network- Win7 destination Win8 + denied years but when I recently got a Win computer I started having lots of network problems with the simplest types of file sharing I can Win8 + Win7 network- destination folder access denied do anything with the XP computer receive or send files to the Win or Win But I get this error when trying to copy a file from Win to Win Win8 + Win7 network- destination folder access denied or copy from Win to Win destination folder access denied - you need permission to perform this action Sitting at the Win computer I can select a mapped HD from the Win and successfully copy a file from Win to Win But I can t copy a file from Win to Win Sitting at the Win computer I can select a mapped HD from the Win and successfully copy a file from Win to Win But I can t copy a file from Win to Win In each of these situations I can only Win8 + Win7 network- destination folder access denied copy I can t move delete etc Remote desktop works fine with all computers I've worked for hours on a solution on Google and have tried some things like choosing properties for my boot and data HDs and giving full control to everything in the list Before I even started this process I had UAC set to minimum on both computer and now have even used a regedit on both computers to disable UAC Nothing works With Win I felt that SevenForums was the best so I assume EightForums is the same great bunch of people I've searched this forum and haven't found a solution yet Please help I know some great people are out there Thanks

A:Win8 + Win7 network- destination folder access denied

Most folks may not want to hear this but having a mixed network I went the simplest way although it cost about $150 when I did it. I have 3 different versions of Windows [Win7, Win8.1, Win10TB] on 3 Desktops wired to my Router and 8-port Switch and can add a 4th [Vista] plus I have a wired Linux Desktop. I have an HP Officejet and an HP Laserjet connected via cable to the Router. A 'biggie' is the NAS/Network Attached Storage drive, 1TB, and all computers can have read and write access. My wife and I also use Wi-Fi connected Notebooks, mine are Windows, Linux and a MacBook Pro, hers is Win8.1. Any computer I install the printer software on can use the printers, she loves the Officejet for printing recipes.

Having the NAS has made a big difference in what I do, especially with downloads, as I am not continually having to futz with Network settings, just map the Public Folder on the NAS.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67554-win8-win7-network-destination-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 45.58%

She keeps loosing connection then has to wait until network - connect wireless still home connect/doesn't win 7 looses it decides it can connect again She would wait about five minutes and then click on something and would gain access http www sevenforums com network-s reconnect html the symptom has been occurring for at least a month and more We are on a wireless still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network network Uverse and have not had any problems with this still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network wireless network One thing i notice is that her icon for the connect shows one less bar than mine shows I should be the same they are both HP machines and sit in the same spot when it is not connected and the icon is clicked it does not show our connect name as an option Sometimes rebooting solves the problem sometimes clicking 'connect' does It will work for a while and then she looses the connect I am not sure that her problems started when she got that quot conduit quot search malware I had only partially removed it it was still resident when another tab on her firefox was opened Yesterday i found some additional information to remove the settings from registry and thought that had cured it But apparently it did not we are now back to the disconnect problem last i tried it it wouldn't even connect on restart Right now she is saying that its been doing pretty well for about five minutes Probably wont last long I don't really know why this all started I think it went back before the 'conduit' thing got installed She usually doesn't say anything to me she sits there and waits until it will connect so i don't always know what's going on Need suggestions as to look for settings to be changed etc By the way i got her repair disks and tried a repair its windows home and it decided there was nothing to repair Please help we are tearing our hair out - J

A:still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network

How far away from your computers is the router? Also; have you tried to power cycle the modem and router? If not; i would try that. Unplug both the modem and router; wait about a minute; then plug in the modem first; let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Try doing that and see if it helps the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324656-still-looses-connect-doesnt-connect-win-7-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 45.58%

I do not have the Photo- want Connect HP Connect gone Connect Drive, them Music, skill set to follow along with HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone some of the threads on this subject at this site to rid this laptop off these HP Connect cloud things that I've read rope users into their basic service then end up charging people for the service This laptop is an HP Envy and it has a T HD There is no need for cloud storage and HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone besides which my friend who now owns this laptop really can't afford to pay for those types of services anyway Supposedly I should be able to go to that start screen and right click on the associated icon to uninstall them from there Didn't work I was sent to add remove programs and they're not listed there to uninstall I installed something called ZSoft uninstaller that was free hoping maybe they'd show up as programs there so I could uninstall them They didn't appear as programs there either I think I found them but don't quite know what to do with them They're here- This PC gt App Data gt Roaming gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Start Menu gt Programs Would someone be in a position to talk me through getting rid of them for my friend Please go easy on me I'm not much more computer literate than my friend and don't know what most acronyms the members use here stand for other than the most obvious such as HP for Hewlett-Packard OS for operating system and PC for personal computer

A:HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone

It's possible these are Metro Apps. You can uninstall them using this guide. If  you do not see the app on the Metro UI page then search for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/uninstall-an-app-in-windows-8/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586628/hp-connect-drive-connect-music-connect-photo-want-them-gone/
Relevancy 45.15%

Anyone experiencing problems with mapping drives via group policy preferences? I've been doing some testing and the drives just wont appear on my W8 pc. W7 machines seems to get their drives mapped as should.

The event viewer just tells me:
The Group Policy settings for the user were processed successfully. New settings from 3 Group Policy objects were detected and applied.

A:Win8 Drive Mappings

The policy seems to come trough, I'm using "replace" in gpp. It actually removes the manually mapped drives, but wont map the new ones. Tested also without firewall, no effect.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/7360-win8-drive-mappings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I installed Windows 8 Pro on my computer. I have a second hard drive that I keep all my files.

When I was using Win7 and Win Xp, I had no issues but now the hard drive does not show up on my computer.

Is there any reason why this is happening?

Below are some screenshots ,

Any suggestion ?

A:Can't see my second hard drive on Win8

your D: drive is RAW, so it's not format and everything on it is lost. ( unless you can retrieve stuff with a data recovery software)

For use again your HD have to create a NTFS partition and format it. But if you plan to recover the info do it before

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/12123-cant-see-my-second-hard-drive-win8.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi my friends.

I have an iso image of Windows 8. In this moment i have not DVD disk and usb flash drive to install Win 8 using them, but i want to intall it now. There are another ways to install Win 8 without USB flash drive, external hdd and dvd disk?

Thanks.

Relevancy 45.15%

hello i am trying to connect to my fiances home network on my dell inspirion 8200 it connects fine at home with out having to configure anything, but at my fiances house its giving me problems the connection will pop up as soon as i click connect it tries to but then this comes up. unable to connect to selected network network may not be in range but the thing is that im right in front of the wireless router. someone please help

A:trying to connect to my home wireless network but it odesnt connect,

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-to-my-home-wireless-network-but-it-odesnt-connect.1087684/
Relevancy 45.15%

Running Internet Explorer v.8
We have a computer at our office, that as of this morning, IE won't connect to any webpages. We've gone through the diagnostic tool - but the remedies it presents do not affect the problem.
Email (through Outlook 2007) connects fine and is receiving email fine.
All network drives can also be reached with no problems.

There is also no other computer in our office experiencing this problem.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has. thx

A:Internet Explorer won't connect - but all other items connect to network

What error message are you getting using IE8?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-connect-but-all-other-items-connect-to-network-410702.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All I have a USB- TB drive for backup It is encrypted with Truecrypt and until this latest update all worked well Now win will not show it anywhere Because of the encryption making it unreadable to windows it will drive USB after find Win8.1 not update used to pop up the quot Format at this drive quot which I clicked quot Cancel quot then activated it with Truecrypt In their great collective wisdom msoft seems to have deemed that any drive that is not immediately readable should be cut loose Makes no sense but there it is I am currently using my recent win cloned backup drive before Win8.1 after update will not find USB drive the latest update and I can see the USB drive again I tired swapping the latest back in and same again so it is definitely as a result of the updates sigh Progress I am guessing it will be a Registry setting but have no idea where to look Anyone have any idea how I Win8.1 after update will not find USB drive can get the latest win update to allow me to see Win8.1 after update will not find USB drive that drive again Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39092-win8-1-after-update-will-not-find-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When I look the control panel the CD/DVD does not appears, but in the setup you can see that the DVD is working. Before I had win 7 and it work well.

A:Atapi DVD a DH 16 drive not detected by win8

Originally Posted by RULO

When I look the control panel the CD/DVD does not appears, but in the setup you can see that the DVD is working. Before I had win 7 and it work well.

hey I mean hi did you find fix if not here
1. Run Command Prompt as an Administrator. Type cmd in Windows 8 modern UI and press cltr+shift+enter

2. Type following and say enter

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

3. Reboot the system

4. Verify if the problem has been resolved.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/18201-atapi-dvd-dh-16-drive-not-detected-win8.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've been using Win CP for about months now and I'm too up Win8 drive space. much taking a bit shocked that Win8 taking up too much drive space. my Gb partition is almost full Take note that I have a separate partition for multimedia files other than for OS I'm also running Win on a separate drive and so far it has only taken up around Gb in a span of a little over a year So I wonder does Win really take up that much space really fast is it normal I've already done cleaning up the disk deleted unused update files deleted as much trash files I could find But still all I could free is lt gb of space Is there any other way I could free more space Is there something wrong with my Win Or is it really normal that it takes up space that fast I don't really know much about these things that's why I'm here and I'd appreciate for anyone's thought about this I found a partition tool which allows you to allot free space from one partition to another but I'm not yet sure whether to use it or not I guess I just need to hear other people's opinion first Thanks for future responses

A:Win8 taking up too much drive space.

What software do you have installed? Do you have your %Users% folder on a separate hard drive?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7542-win8-taking-up-too-much-drive-space.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I read that with "Paragon ExtFS for Windows" I could use Ext 2/3/4 in my Windows 8 environment.

Would there be any speed benefit with this?

I read in many places that Ext4 is a superior file system, but would it be good in this case?

A:Ext4 on a Win8 external drive?

You can get read/write access to your Linux partitions from within windows using that program.

No idea what you mean by a speed boost.

You can't run windows on those filesystems.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49259-ext4-win8-external-drive.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Several days ago I installed a fresh copy of OEM Windows 8 onto a fresh hard drive. Yesterday morning after booting after a shutdown, I got "Disk Read Error" during Bios.

Booting with my Windows 8 disk, I troubleshooted the problem. When I attempted to use the "Refresh" option, I was informed that my Hard Drive was locked. I have been unable to access the hard drive for system restore and the like.

I have found similar problems with Windows 8 as they pertain to Upgrades, but nothing about a full, clean install. The results of these problems seem promising but murky. Link below:

Can't boot into windows 8,hard drive locked, can't refresh

System Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7 920
HDD: Toshiba 2TB HDKPC09

Thank you for your assistance.

A:Win8 x64 Hard Drive Locked

Try this: Windows 8 Boot Issues? Try Fixing the Master Boot Record (MBR) or Boot Configuration Data (BCD) - TechSpot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/win8-x64-hard-drive-locked-695501.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a 60GB SSD with Windows 7 installed, and a 1TB HDD that I intend to install Windows 8 on.

My understanding of ReadyBoost is that it creates a XGB-sized file in the root of the flash drive, without disrupting any data.

I believe I can create an 8-16GB RB file with no problems.

Is this correct? or is this bad juju?

And is there a way that I can somewhat "Hide" the drive, while still having it mounted for RB?

thanks.

A:Can I use my Win7 SSD as a ReadyBoost Drive for Win8?

Nah, Readyboost is only for external type of storage. Besides, you don't want to use a SSD for any type of memory management since the frequent writes will shorten its life span significantly. That's why I don't even recommend putting the pagefile on it either.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/6405-can-i-use-my-win7-ssd-readyboost-drive-win8.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Put together an i7 win8 PC with asrock killer z97 board. Everything works fine until I took an old samsung sata drive out of a vista PC and put it into this win8 PC. The bios sees this drive but it does not show in windows 8, not in device manager nor disk management. There is no yellow alert in device manager on anything either.

There are three other drives (2 SSDs and 1 mechanical) in the win8 PC and they all show up no problem.

Out of desperation, I change the BIOS drive setting of the samsung drive:

external drive from disabled to enabled
hot plug from disabled to enabled

When I rebooted, the drive shows up in windows! I went and disabled both those settings and reboot, and the drive is still there. I cannot narrow down which of the two settings did the trick.

Can anyone explain why the drive was not recognized at first?

A:Drive shows in BIOS not in win8 until...

I ran into this issue with a Dell. In my case, disabling secure boot allowed Windows to pick up on the new hardware and then I could go back and enable secure boot again if I so desired.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56344-drive-shows-bios-not-win8-until.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Anybody know what is best software to test Hard Drives in Windows I have a Hitachi i want to test it its' a secondary hard disk Hitachi has a site uses DFT but the bootable software does not work for me and it is listed in Same for Western Digital which is my primary HD with Windows on it none are listed for Win I recently had issues with hitachi showing bad sectors thru a few chkdsk Win8 Hard test Drive DISM and scandisk reports it looks better here a post most recent one TimeCreated Hard Drive test Win8 AM Message Checking file system on D The type of the file system is NTFS Volume label is Data A disk check has been scheduled Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad file records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of index entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK is verifying file data stage of files processed File data verification completed CHKDSK is verifying free space stage of free clusters processed Free space verification is complete Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems No further action is required KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info d A e

A:Hard Drive test Win8

Hello JDS,

Are you able to run the latest HGST Windows Drive Fitness Test (WinDFT) version from within Windows to test the drive?

If needed, with the drive connected to another computer?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32435-hard-drive-test-win8.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Today I installed a new hard drive on my laptop. The drive was unformated, thought Win8 would walk me through formatting. Instead it formatted the hard drive automatically, pleasant surprise.

A:Win8 Install on New Hard Drive

I guess Microsoft didn't want to waste anyone time no more in stopping and asking you to format the drive. I'm sure they saved 30 sec off the installation time

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/2941-win8-install-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello First and foremost please be advised that I have done this before without issue Toshiba Satellite laptop L -S Realtek network card As stated before I have done network Win8 issue driver win7 clean laptop, card install, this before Though its a separate laptop these two laptops are identicle I bought them both together at the same time off of tiger direct obviously I switched UEFI to CSM and Win8 laptop, win7 clean install, network card driver issue disabled secure boot the win installation is complete As I have had to do in the past I need to install the network card driver which I saved last time I did this and it doesn't work I went Win8 laptop, win7 clean install, network card driver issue to the toshiba website downloaded several drivers and none of them Win8 laptop, win7 clean install, network card driver issue worked I am stumped and usually dont have any issues with drivers but have no clue why I cannot get anything to work Toshiba is usually great with this so im thinking it has to be on my end Could it be that I have a faulty install I don't see how as I already know its a driver issue To be as specific as possible it is Realtek RTL AE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Thanks in advance for the time and help

A:Win8 laptop, win7 clean install, network card driver issue

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. Are you able to run Windows Updates ? ...

Does the Network Adapter show in the Device Manager ? ...

Try the Drivers in the Link below ...
http://support.toshiba.com/support/d...eeText=3478401

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/376322-win8-laptop-win7-clean-install-network-card-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My Levovo X will not directly connect to my wireless network connect will only to network connect ANOTHER first to Laptop if I network It says quot Waiting for Network quot and then seems to just time out and takes me back to the wireless networks page When I connect to another network my neighbors unsecured network it connects fine Then I disconnect from her network it refreshes the available Laptop will only connect to network if I connect to ANOTHER network first network page and lo and behold Laptop will only connect to network if I connect to ANOTHER network first it s now connecting to my network and quot acquiring IP address quot Then I m connected I have to do this two-step each time I turn on my computer Any idea why it won t connect directly the first time There is no problem when I set my network to unsecured It only seems to be an issue when I have my WPA-PSK TKIP security on And that is the only option I have It s an old Linksys BEFW S router Should I just get a new router and will that solve the problem I ve also noticed that my Blu-Ray player and my computer have trouble Laptop will only connect to network if I connect to ANOTHER network first being connected simultaneously It s almost as if they are fighting for space on my network When my computer is connected and I try to connect to Netflix on my Blu-Ray the Blu-Ray device claims I have the quot wrong password quot which of course is not true I disconnect the computer and suddenly the Blu-Ray can connect Frustrating Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:Laptop will only connect to network if I connect to ANOTHER network first

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it. If the same symptoms continue please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-only-connect-to-network-if-i-connect-to-another-network-first.1021724/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have this desktop Windows XP that is not connecting to my wireless network although it is picking up that it is there and on the list. But when I try to connect it to the network it says "windows can't connect to any of your preffered networks". I have another Windows XP laptop that is connecting to the same network just fine. Also, for some strange reason on the desktop everytime i set the time on the bottom and I turn off computer the time always resets to 12:00am Jan 1, 2003. Why is this happening? And how can i get my desktop to connect to my network?

A:Computer finds network to connect to but does not connect when tried.

i have answered you other post - with the same question here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/1104799-connection-network-issues.html

you replied and deleted your answers ?

please do not duplicate questions on the forum

closing post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-finds-network-to-connect-to-but-does-not-connect-when-tried.1104971/
Relevancy 44.29%

Up until this afternoon i had been able to access my wireless network fine However I had taken my computer outside and tried to wireless to others) Solved: network(can connect Cannot connect to connect I was not able to and had xp Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network(can connect to others) try to quot repair quot the problem No luck I brought it back into my room but it still didn t work It will say quot acquiring network address quot on and off but never connect Everyone else in the house can connect to it fine and i can still connect to it through ethernet cable and to other wireless networks besides this one I ran a diagnostic where it said that the network keys did not match up i checked them and the diag report gave me this Can anyone help Last diagnostic run time IP Configuration Diagnostic Invalid IP address info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Reset network connection action Disabling the network adapter action Enabling the network adapter info Network adapter successfully enabled info Zero IP address detected action Manual repair Reboot modem info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The s... Read more

A:Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network(can connect to others)

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect that way. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-can-connect-to-others.1032364/
Relevancy 44.29%

So most of my family works on laptops but i have one old desktop that i haven t turned on in a while but now I need to get it back connected to the internet for a bit I have a network cable to connect connect to WILL computer network, Old WON'T internet running to it most Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet of my comps run on wireless but this one doesn t have a wireless card and it connects to the network but gives me the quot limited to no activity quot message Last time I turned it off a few months ago it worked fine Troubleshooting so far after rebooting powercycling everything of course connected the network cable to my laptop after disconnecting the wireless worked fine Tried quot repair quot could not renew tried release renew error on renew quot unable to contact your DHCP server tried DNS flush did netsh dump DHCP Client is started and automatic disabled and reenabled the NIC card VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Any thoughts help ideas would be great Just need to get itunes connected to the internet nbsp

A:Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet

Assuming Windows ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-computer-will-connect-to-network-wont-connect-to-internet.1095949/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. We recently installed a new wireless router, and all the other computers in our house can access the internet. But for some reason I can only connect to the network, even though it says there's full connectivity.

I called the customer careline for our internet providers, and they said it was a problem with my computer settings, rather than the router. But they said they couldn't advise me any further unless I paid for it, hence my need to look for advice elsewhere....

Thanks!

A:Can connect to network, but unable to connect to internet

Hi carrickfergus, and welcome to TSG!

Please do the following:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type CMD.

Press OK.

In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all.

Press Enter.
Copy (right-click and Select All > press Enter) the entire content of that window and paste it to your next reply.
Next,

Use a working computer to download and copy HijackThis to a USB flash drive. Plug it into your faulty computer and install the program:

Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.960206/
Relevancy 44.29%

I can remotely connect to my private network through my Nortel VPN client. I am given an IP address for that private network. However, I cannot ping the DNS or WINS servers or any of my 5 servers.

My system running the Nortel VPN client is a Windows Server 2003 SP3 server.

A:Can connect to private network but cannot connect to servers on it

I am still unable to connect to any of the servers on my private network after I VPN to that private network. I guess because I didn't make an actual question statement, no one replied to my post.

Does anyone have any ideas on why I cannot connect to the remote servers on a private network when I use Nortel VPN client on my Windows Server 2003 computer? I can connect to the private network. I am given a private network IP address and 2 DNS IP addresses and 2 WINS IP addresses. However, I cannot ping any of these servers or any of my application servers on that private network.

I'm at a loss at what might be going on.

Any suggestions are greatly appeciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-private-network-but-cannot-connect-to-servers-on-it.790903/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I'm about to take the plunge and upgrade to Win At present I have WIn with my SSD drive containing the OS and progs and a separate hard Win8 Drive from Migrating Win7 - to Dual drive with my user data on it I would like to retain all the data on this data drive I will do a clean install of Win on my SSD drive After I have done this what is the best way to set up my user data on my hard drive which already contains my user data Can I just use the reg hack to point to my data drive Open Registry Migrating from Win7 to Win8 - Dual Drive Editor by type regedit from command line and navigate toHKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWS NT CurrentVersion ProfileList Change the value of the Default Public Profile Directory keys to the new location accordingly Then I will install my programs Will this method then allow my Migrating from Win7 to Win8 - Dual Drive Win installation to see all my old desktop and user data Is there a better way Thanks for any input or alternative methods

A:Migrating from Win7 to Win8 - Dual Drive

After the installation set your paths here

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/24595-migrating-win7-win8-dual-drive.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I found a way around my issue already but wanted to ask if anyone else has run into this problem Here s the scenario User owns a laptop but forgot password and is unable to on PC Cannot Win8 drive files on hard another backup reset it This is the quot Admin quot account there are no other accounts on the computer Laptop does not recognize the DVD drive as a bootable drive but will recognize a USB external thumb drive User wants system wiped back to factory defaults but has data that needs to be backed up Attempts to remove hard drive and connect as external to another computer indicate the drive needs to be quot initialized quot as MBR or GPT My first thought was that the Win computer I was using couldn t recognize the Win partition ie something was updated in Windows that did this But it turns out there s a BIOS setting that disabled booting from CD DVD and Cannot backup files on Win8 hard drive on another PC it was hidden so I had to Cannot backup files on Win8 hard drive on another PC find it enable booting from the DVD and then I was finally able to boot from my quot recovery quot disk back up the user s data which is actually STILL in progress and tomorrow I will verify the data backup and then restore the laptop back to factory defaults Anyone else experience the need to quot initialize quot a Win hard drive when connecting it to another computer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-backup-files-on-win8-hard-drive-on-another-pc.1103364/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm unable to 'Safely remove' or 'Eject' external USB drives I have on my Lenovo USB 3.0 Win8.1 drive remove safely external with Cannot Thinkpad running Wndows without having the computer claim that the drive needs to be scanned for errors when the drive is reconnected to the same laptop or attached to my desktop PC's When I connect the same drives to my desktop PC's USB ports I initially get the same quot scan for errors quot prompt But any further attaching and removal of the same drives to either my Windows and Vista dsktop PCs's does not reproduce the same error and further safe removal and reconnecting to those systems is error free When scanned for errors there has never been any errors discovered The quot drives one Seagate the other WD are in Vantec USB external enclosures that use a ' x USB plugs' cable one for data and one for power My usual removal method is Cannot safely remove external USB 3.0 drive with Win8.1 to click on the 'Windows Explorer Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' icon on the Taskbar and select Eject for the drive and then wait until the 'Safe to remove' message pops up before removing the single cable attached to the external enclosure The USB Controllers are Intel R Series C Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Coltroller - E Intel R Series C Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Coltroller - E D Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller - Microsoft I unsuccessfully tried updating the Intel R Series C Chipset controller to v but it's still at v Has anyone else seen similar behaviour on their system and do you know if it's a USB driver firmware related or a 'feature' of Windows I can live with the problem as I'm sure that the drive is not being removed while data is being written and Indexing is disabled on external drives But I prefer using a computer that does not exhibit these sort of problems Thanks for any info on a fix Russell

A:Cannot safely remove external USB 3.0 drive with Win8.1

Device Manager->Right click on the USB3 external HD->Properties

Hope this helps

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/35250-cannot-safely-remove-external-usb-3-0-drive-win8-1-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My father bought me this ASUS A455L series laptop (so, it's still new and still w/ guarantee ofc)

My laptop really lags and can't copy some files at that time.
So, I tried formatting my laptop (2 times already), installing a newer driver version from the net, and tried other stuffs.
After doing some research,
 I think the problem lies with Programs that I installed at D: partition, it usually lags or crashes. The programs I installed at C: didn't lag at all.
So, I think there are some problem with the partition thing.

Solution? or any suggestion? (I can't use the guarantee because I need to pinpoint at a specific "non-software" problem first, idk what's broken)

Laptop Spec:

Spoiler

Processor : Intel Core i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz
RAM : 2.00 GB (1.88 GB usable)

A:Win8 Partition Problem (D/: Drive corrupt, maybe)

From a look at what you've first posted, I'd have to suspect the memory.
Systems with only 2 gB of RAM are very slow - especially after loading them up with the programs that you like.

The first step is to watch what's loading. 
Make sure to only run one program at a time.
Check in the More details...Startup tab of Task Manager to see what's starting when Windows starts.  Disable those things that you don't need.

Beyond that, let's try looking at these reports:
1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586199/win8-partition-problem-d-drive-corrupt-maybe/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello year ago I bought a new Dell Inspiron z with product C-Drive key format 14z, after Inspiron win8 windows Inspiron 14z, win8 product key after format C-Drive GB HDD GB SSD I nbsp have several pratitions on it and I nbsp multiboot with Kubuntu Later I upgraded my windows to and later nbsp Now nbsp I just saved some programs and all personal files from my C-Drive nbsp on a external HDD I formated my C drive and reinstalled with an USB windows Now I have to enter a product key which I am not able to find under the computer nbsp I tried to run in cmd exe Slui I followed the instruction and Microsoft called me I gave them my installation ID They just said they can do nothing I even didn t gave me any advice I also looked at the receipt there were a lot of numbers but nothing like a win product key I tried to Inspiron 14z, win8 product key after format C-Drive look into the PC but I can just open at Inspiron 14z, win8 product key after format C-Drive one place where I think the SSD is located Under the laptop I have a Dell sticker with some data and numbers but no win product key and a windows sticker with the windows logo What can I do now Is there a possibility something is some hidden partition that I am able to see in Kubuntu Kubuntu worked after reinstall but now I made some changes and it doesn t work anymore bit I think I ll get it to work I hope someone can help me Mike

A:Inspiron 14z, win8 product key after format C-Drive

There is no product key for Windows 8 -- it is embedded into the system board.  If Windows 10 had already been installed and activated on the system, a reinstall should have picked it up and automatically activated, IF the version you installed was the same (i.e., Windows 10 for Windows 8 -- NOT 10 Pro in place of 8 or 10).  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982745
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I've made USB drives for installing Windows 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1. I'm curious can I make a single thumb drive that let's me choose what OS to install. UEFI please.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/67823-make-usb-installable-both-win8-2012-one-drive.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i have a Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD drive that is not detected by windows 8.

the same system also has winXP and win7, which detect the drive.

the interesting part is the drive was used to install windows 8.

why is windows 8 not detecting the drive?

A:Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD drive not detected by win8

Is the drive detected in the BIOS? Is there a "yellow bang" next to the drive in device manager? You may need to load a driver for it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/18111-lite-ihas124-04-dvd-drive-not-detected-win8.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I currently have Win7 & Win8 preview in separate partitions on the same machine. I am trying to figure out the best way to install win8 pro on my system and keep my current dual boot setup with Win 7 intact and stay legal.

So....I have a 3 licence family pack of windows 7 of which I have used only 1 licence. Is there some way I can use one of the remaining win7 licences to upgrade win8pro over top of the Win8 preview and keep my current dual boot win7/win8 setup(legally) and without messing up my current Win7 installation (or Win 8 preview installation for that matter)? Is there any advantage in getting the OEM version instead?

A:Question- upgrading win7HP/win8 preview dual boot to win7/win8 pro

If I understand it correctly; Anyone dual booting a legit version of Window Vista, XP or Win7 and Win8 RP can use the upgrade version of Win8 to do a clean install over the Win8 RP version.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/10571-question-upgrading-win7hp-win8-preview-dual-boot-win7-win8-pro.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I was hoping someone here might + GBE, 3, with Aukey/ANKER connection Hub VL812-B2 USB3 on Unstable and RTL8153 network Surface Win8.1, be able to help In adding functionality to the Surface tablet using the full size USB port when I add a USB Gigabit Ethernet Unstable network connection on Surface 3, Win8.1, and Aukey/ANKER USB3 Hub with GBE, VL812-B2 + RTL8153 adapter to the tablet there seems to be connectivity issues with both the USB hub and Ethernet link nbsp I spent basically all day yesterday trolling forums Unstable network connection on Surface 3, Win8.1, and Aukey/ANKER USB3 Hub with GBE, VL812-B2 + RTL8153 and manufacturer sites looking for a solution and banging hardware nothing that solves it USB Hub adapter with GBE VL -B FW ver BE and RTL chipsets from two manufacturers Aukey and ANKER I plug it in Windows finds the devices installs both Generic USB Hub and Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub and the Realtek GBE Ethernet Controller and I let the driver installs finish nbsp When I connect ethernet cable it links up and I can browse a local server nbsp When I try to transfer large files or view a streaming video or even just access the web within minutes or so the Ethernet connection drops nbsp Initially it gave me a Code device failed to start on the GBE but after uninstalling and reinstalling the xHCI Root Hub amp USB Controller devices from Device Manager inside the Surface I no longer get the failed to start but still lose Ethernet typically with a x B An unexpected network error occurred nbsp The connection can only be reset by unplugging and replugging the Cat cable nbsp If I attempt to disable enable the GBE in Device Manager to reset it hangs until I unplug the cable Other things I tried yesterday - flashing new firmware to the VL -B both rev and - no change - testing sets of Realtek drivers from to newest directly from Realtek website - uninstalling and force installing Intel USB xHCI and hub drivers unsigned driver mode designed for Win had to add section to INF to get it to install These chips seems like the bread and butter for compatibility so I don't want to just start randomly ordering other hubs with other chipsets trying to get this to work nbsp I've read there may be Win and USB stack issues with downstream USB hubs I've loaded all Microsoft firmware and hardware updates as in today including the and updates that might affect this Any thoughts Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab8508fd-497b-4309-8d40-5948ad6347ba/unstable-network-connection-on-surface-3-win81-and-aukeyanker-usb3-hub-with-gbe-vl812b2-?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 44.29%

I just purchased an HP Pavilion 20 All-In-One desktop computer that unfortunately had Windows 8 on it - I needed a computer immediately and no one in town had an all in one with 7 pro. I purchased Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit OEM software (from reputable store; computer is 64bit) and thought it would be an easy install - insert disk, follow directions. It acts as if it's installing windows 7, but when it gets to the screen which shows the language, time and - forgot the last drop down choice, I don't have use of the mouse or keyboard. I can't tab, use arrow keys, or anything. I have spent hours searching online before bothering anyone for free advice, but now I'm looking for free advice. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also, do I post this in Windows 7 Pro or 8 ?

Let me add that this All In One does not have the touch screen monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/post-here-or-win8-removing-win8-replacing-w-win7-pro-mouse-wont-work-during-install.1084091/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 44.29%

Can someone please help me.
I installed Windows 8. Then created a new partition and installed Ubuntu on it.
But now if I want to select Windows 8 in Grub, it waits a couple of seconds and then restarts Grub.
Image: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0B...lFrTnZORlE3T0U
Has anyone an idea how to get Win8(Consumer Preview) working again?

Thanks for every answer

A:Installed Ubuntu,Win8. Now if I select Win8 in Grub it won't start.

Have you tried the Ubuntu forums? I see this thread, perhaps it will help.

[ubuntu] Dual booting 11.10 and Windows 8 - Ubuntu Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/228997-installed-ubuntu-win8-now-if-i-select-win8-grub-wont-start.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and since then I have had a problem connecting to the internet with IE8. connection to internet via the wireless router is ok as virus etc is updating, but every tim I try and open IE I get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, then the option for Diagnose problems is offered, I have clicked this and still no joy. I have also reset IE.

Sparodically it will connect and this is what is confusing me

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network in Win 7

Have you tried any other browsers? SeaMonkey is a good one to try if you don't have another. You can still keep IE as default and have SeaMonkey for backup for web pages that may not display correctly in IE or when you have access problems like you are having now. Being Mozilla-based, it uses a different rendering engine. For those web sites that support pipelining, you may also find that it is considerably faster.

Check your connection settings under Internet Options. In the LAN section, try toggling the "Automatically Detect Settings" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network-in-win-7.935568/
Relevancy 43.86%

i'm using a dell inspiron 8600, sp3. i've never had problems accessing the internet until a few weeks ago when i moved. i was slated to join in on my roommmates network, but for some reason I cannot connect. Or more precisely, I connect for about 2 seconds, and I'm immediately bumped off. My roommates tried to fix it, but in vain. the signal is coming in strong on my computer, so I'm not sure what the issue is. any help is definitely welcomed.

A:perpetual acquiring network address/unable to connect to roommates network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perpetual-acquiring-network-address-unable-to-connect-to-roommates-network.936682/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Have a problem there Just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP and WAS having problems having my Linksys B wireless card but now it finally detected just reinstalled the driver Now another problem is Connect Internet Wont but Wireless to Network network?? Detected, Explorer when I double clciked INternet Exploroer webpages dont load up A box Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? pops up tp ask if I want to workoffline or Connect I click on COnnect and the box then said quot No connection to the internet is currently avaiable quot The thing is that my wireless adapter is already connected to the DSL in perfect signal connections I then went to to Network COnnections folder There are icons one says Incomming the other in the LAN or HighSpeed Internet section says Connection and Wireless Network Connection Enabled On the far left column i clicked on Create a New Connection I clicked the option Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? of quot Connect to the internet quot then quot Setup my Connection Manually quot Then quot Connect Using a broadband connection that is always on quot because I dont need a login name and password After clicking NEXT and Finished Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? nothing happened i clicked on IE again and same thing pops up I tried doing the nd option to let u enter the ID and password BUT disable the prompt to log in with a username and pw still dont work What gives How do i fix this problem Any help is appreciated thnx nbsp

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network.586274/
Relevancy 43.86%

Here is the deal I am running Windows XP SP on my home tower custom built The tower is hardwired to a Linksys WRT GS Solved: office ready not Network printer home network will to connect router The tower does not have a wireless NIC There are a few other computers that access this small network at various Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network times The router is using WPA-PSK encryption Wireless MAC address connectivity is enabled I bought an HP NW Laserjet printer and tried connecting it to the wireless network using the enclosed getting started guide I initially tried connecting it in ad hoc mode because I believe this is what I should use in my home office No dice Nothing was recognized The only printing success I got was when I hooked an Ethernet cable directly to the router After unplugging the cable I had no luck printing wirelessly even though I tried also configuring the installation for infrastructure mode where the printer was recognized but still would not print once the cable was removed I have taken the printer s MAC address and added it as a trusted endpoint in both my router s configuration table and in my firewall Norton Internet Security However that has also not helped Some advice I have read is making sure QoS is disabled on the router and also making sure that the SSID and pass key for the printer match that of the router It should be easy to make these changes to the printer but I cannot access the embedded web server in this printer to make these changes Also one source said to make sure the printer is on the same subnet as the router I only have one subnet in my network and that is the xx xx range of addresses that I use for two of my laptops with wireless NICs and a third Dell tower with a Linksys wireless NIC Any ideas on what else I can try I am pretty much out of ideas Thanks Elizabeth K nbsp

A:Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-ready-printer-will-not-connect-to-home-office-network.581074/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi to all,It looks that since I migrated from windows 8.1 to windows 10 (on an HP laptop), no program can successfully write to a CD drive (either built-in or external USB). It looks that any CD will not be recognized (medium error message or so), Any idea on the problem ?Thanks in advance for your help.

A:No Win8 program in Win10 can successfully write to CD drive

I'm using Nero 2016 Platinum on Windows 10 without any problems.What error messages are you seeing if any or what happens when you try to burn. What is the failure?Were you able to burn with these drives when you had Win8.1 installed?message edited by THX 1138

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/no-win8-program-in-win10-can-successfully-write-to-cd-drive/369.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hello I've access Hard setting Win8.1, cannot 100% utilization, AV drive always been able to solve my own malware issues until now Need some help from the pros please PC grinds to a halt while the HD spins ans spins I can't access any setting in the builtin antivirus amp anti malware Booting into safe mode is the Win8.1, Hard drive 100% utilization, cannot access AV setting only Win8.1, Hard drive 100% utilization, cannot access AV setting to get anythinG done Here's Fest txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Gavin administrator on GAVTEK-LAPTOP on - - Running from C Users Gavin Desktop malware toolsLoaded Profiles Gavin Available profiles Gavin Platform Windows Pro with Media Center X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run Apoint gt C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA UpdaterStartupUtility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run Logitech Download Assistant gt C Windows system rundll exe C Windows System LogiLDA dll LogiFetchHKLM-x Run Dell Webcam Central gt C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation Winlogon Notify igfxcui C WINDOWS system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKU S- - - - - - - Run GoogleDriveSync gt C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU S- - - - - - - Run Google Update gt C Users Gavin AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU S- - - - - - - Run GoogleChromeAutoLaunch E D D C A EC F BBA E D gt C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe - - Google Inc HKU S- - - - - - - Run AdobeBridge gt X HKU S- - - - - - - Run CCleaner Monitoring gt C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe - - Piriform Ltd HKU S- - - - - - - RunOnce Report gt C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - - ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers avast - gt B -C - CF- - CC F gt No File Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will ... Read more

A:Win8.1, Hard drive 100% utilization, cannot access AV setting

That's not the full log. Please repost.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566988/win81-hard-drive-100-utilization-cannot-access-av-setting/
Relevancy 43.86%

Win8.1 seems to have problems with an old Iomega external hard disk. The drive is SATA and the Iomega casing adds a USB connection with one cable for data and the other for extra power if required.

In the past I had totally reformated the Iomega drive and got rid of the DVD ROM emulation partition etc. But trying to repartition or format it with Disk Manager is a nightmare. It has been formatting for an hour so far. I also tried booting from a Linux live CD and that partitioned the drive easy peasy. So why has MS got a problem?

A:Win8.1 disk manager having trouble formatting USB drive

I have found over the years external USB drives to have a large number of problems with communicating to Windows. The drive controller housed within the external enclosure does not last very long, even the newest versions. More often than not I find myself disassembling the hardware to extract the drive itself, which I can then connect directly to IDE or Sata.

If this drive uses USB 1.1 even a quick format could take some time. Luckily things like Linux exist as a way to help alleviate the burden from Windows.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41186-win8-1-disk-manager-having-trouble-formatting-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have 3 drives on my Windows 8.1 System. Drive 1 (labeled Disk 0) is a 4TB HDD which currently holds the 350MB System Reserved Partition.

Drives 2 & 3 (labeled Disk 1 (C ) are SSDs set in a RAID 1 configuration.

How do I move the System Reserved Partition from Disk 0 to Disk 1?

A:Win8: Moving System Reserved partition to different drive

I have 3 drives on my Windows 8.1 System

I see only 2 physical HDDs in your image.
In the image below Blue indicates the drives, HDD and Optical, and Yellow shows the partitions on the HDDs.

I think you don't/can't remove that partition, it was created during Windows installation. I have the same 3 partitions on my 320GB HDD, Custom computer with default install of Win8.0 followed by Win8.1 Update. If you look closely at the size it is quite small, mine is less than 1% of the HDD total size, looks like yours is even smaller.
What is the System Reserved Partition and Can You Delete It?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54969-win8-moving-system-reserved-partition-different-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello This computer had malware like vosteran multioplug seachextensions goobzo rockettab installcore I was able to remove them using Malwarebytes The computer seemed to be fine for a few days after that until the network stopped working The wireless network icon has a red x I can't open the the -Can't open network, can't connect Log network adapter HickJackThis to settings Open Network and Sharing Center unless I'm in safe mode and HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings I can't open the network adapter settings it says that windows explorer has an error and closes the window I also tried to connect a usb network adapter and an ethernet ExpressCard but it wouldn't install them It won't read usb memories either unless they were installed previous to this incident I booted the computer with bitdefender and scaned it It found a few trojan infected e-mails that were removed No more viruses have been found after that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXE C Program Files x Fortinet FortiClient FortiTray exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Intel IntelAppStore bin ismagent exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT SCHTASK exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client GreenList exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client WhiteList exe C Users Administrator Desktop HickjackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - B D - D - A B-AE - A DA - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Partner BHO Class - FF F - C - b -B BA-C DDD E C - C ProgramData Partner Partner dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO IEPlugin - C CD -A CB- D -A F -D F A BE - C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client VIPAddOnForIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO... Read more

A:HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings

Greetings justreboot and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSys... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565566/hickjackthis-log-cant-connect-to-network-cant-open-network-adapter-settings/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I to network connect Unable network wireless to addressaddress acquiring am hoping that someone can help me We have three computers at home two which are connected to router and working fine and my laptop My laptop was connecting to my home wireless network until my daughter used it last Now it will not connect at all I used to have to follow the steps below for some reason and then it would connect fine Wireless network connections Change advanced settings Wireless Networks tab I would have to tick the checkbox USE WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE MY WIRELESS NETWORK SETTINGS Then into properties for my wireless Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress network and in association retype my password and then it would connect it seemed like to Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress much work every time but it still worked There was other networks in the list Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress which i deleted and wireless network connection shows that the network connection strength is excellent but it just seems to get stuck aquiring the network address I have tried repair etc Can someone please help me with this as maybe it s just something simple nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I m currently experiencing a new problem with a customers machine Its Local Area Connection under network connections flips between the enabled state and Network Cable Unplugged I ve went Connect and 'enabled' 'Network flips Cable Network Unplugged' between through the line and confirmed its plugged in and the ports lights are blinking properly I m unsure whats causing the problem but have a feeling its either a windows networking Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' service or the driver I m tending to lean toward driver since it connected fine yesterday and downloaded MB of updates I have tried re-installing the same driver that i used yesterday to get it on the internet with no success Device manager says there s nothing wrong with the Ethernet driver Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' but it does list another ethernet controller although I m pretty sure that it is the wifi device which I haven t been able to get its driver to work either Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' The computers model is an quot HP Pavilion DV - DX quot it is running a fresh install of Vista Home Premium bit Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged'

Have you tried manually setting the port duplex/speed?

For this to work you need to be able to specify the speed/duplex on both ends of the connection (i.e. at the switch as well as the machine).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connect-flips-between-enabled-and-network-cable-unplugged.931244/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am trying to gather some basic info about usage of Win8/UEFI and Win8/BIOS. So please participate in this noncontroversial survey. Note that you will not have a place to respond if you are not using Win8.

After responding, I?d also be interested in hearing about problems you have had using Windows 8/UEFI that appear to be associated with using UEFI (i.e., they most likely would not have occurred, in your opinion, under BIOS). Ultimately, I am wondering if you think Windows 8/UEFI is an idea whose time has come.

A:Information on Usage of Win8/UEFI and Win8/BIOS

Voted . . .desktop; hope that helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20178-information-usage-win8-uefi-win8-bios.html