Windows Support Forum

HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Q: HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 108.5%

I have the same problem When turning on the laptop screen goes to white I can hear windows starting but cannot see anything I Laptop white starts and white stays screen up connected it to an external monitor which will only display once windows has loaded I then took the whole laptop apart and discovered the LCD cable was frayed due to a faulty laptop hinge I replaced the cable and it was the same just white The problem I think is with the motherboard Laptop screen starts up white and stays white and the intergrated video card Upon taking the whole thing apart I noticed that where the video card plugs in is right where the heat sink is and the cooling fan which gets exceptional hot I figure it has fried the board to the extend the monitor will not work where it is plugged in but the external monitor will work but only when windows boots So sad to say because of the the heat this laptop puts off and if you have it sitting on your lap or bed or anywhere else that it cannot cool properly it has over heated and you will have to get a new motherboard Moderator note Moved from this thread - http www techspot com community t up-white-and-stays-white post- nbsp

A:Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

"I connected it to an external monitor, which will only display once windows has loaded"... This is normal behavior because the video signal to the external monitor is not sent until Windows loads. If you can see normal video, the motherboard video chip is good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199498/
Relevancy 106.64%

Can anyone please tell me why my laptop screen turns white and stays that way when i start up?

A:screen stays white

Hi steveicw

Just guessing here but it sounds like the LCD screen isn't working. Basically you are getting the backlight on with nothing in front to change the display. Is there anywhere on the laptop that you can plug in a external monitor and see if the system is booting? I had one laptop like this where the external display worked fine but the screen was all white. Replacing the display fixed the problem. Laptops are expensive and hard to fix. You may need to take it to a repair shop. BOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-stays-white.51367/
Relevancy 104.49%

Here is what I have A Samsung g hard drive as master a Seagate g as a slave A Sound blaster Live CT model sound card A d-link wireless wda AN asus AS F P T-E motherboard mb Samsung RAM sticks and An ATI radeon LE m DDR graphic card Ribbon cables My problem when I turn on the PC a few things happen It asks then if I want to boot from safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt to try to restore to last known settings or to start windows normally I help, with I need white stays PC black my line at screen already chose all these options When I do any of these things the screen shows a white bar It fills up to the end and Then nothing after that When I chose the continue normally prompt I took a -minute shower I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line and returned Still nothing At that point I think that it should have advanced into another screen or something I am not sure what is on the master drive as it was given to me but i know that it worked I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line at one point I would be open to any suggestions that don t involve paying extra money I know that there is some way to make it work-with some help from smart people Also i have two extra hard drives one is a g WD hd and one is a g WD -Thank you for reading Bamabeast nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

Operating System Windows Ultimate System Manufacturer HP System Model Hp Pavilion DV CA Notebook PC Processor AMD TURION X GHz Memory GB RAM blink blank Laptop cursor to a with starts screen white When I start my laptop it display the Hp screen as usual but after that instead of booting it display a blank screen with white cursor blinking at the top LEFT corner the fan is working like after minutes of waiting the Windows logo appears Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink and Windows Starts I thought the problem might be that the bootloader got corrupted or something so I tried booting with Windows CD both but no change still same blank screen with white blinking cursor But Now it gives me Operating System not Found after Minutes Windows Starts Normally Please note that I have been able to enter Bios setup and change the booting option as well Bios was showing all the hardware as it usually shows I Tried to change the HardDisK But the Problem Remained When I try to Press F recovery button it performs same thing blank screen with Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink blinking cursor I Also Tried to Format but because when i boot it doesnt take the cd and remain with the blank screen with blinking cursor After Window Started I Entered and run the setup exe and installed Windows again but the problem was not solved Any Help

A:Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink

Is this a brand new computer? When did this start happening?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79181-laptop-starts-blank-screen-white-cursor-blink.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I have searched through a lot of threads and couldn t find any with this specific problem Yesterday when I got up I turned on my at flashes then Vista Screen fine. white just startup starts computer I have a Compaq Desktop with an Intel Celeron D processor and Vista Home Basic with gigs of Ram and a LCD monitor When I turned on the monitor the screen started flashing white so I immediately shut the computer off When I turned it back on the screen was still white but it had the warning saying that I may have had recently installed hardware and it failed So it optioned me to go into repair mode which I Screen flashes white at startup then Vista starts just fine. did Repair mode gave me the option of using System Restore and I used that The computer rebooted fine When the PC was done with system restore I got a error message from Norton Anti-Virus error number My anti virus was turned off and I was prompted to do some hot fix Which wouldn t download when I tried it so later in the day I found the Norton webpage and downloaded the Hotfix and it has worked fine Norton Antivirus also had to be turned back on and updated and it all worked fine I ran diagnostics defragmented and anti-virus checks everything and it all says everything is working fine Now I am oddball in the fact that I turn off my computer when I am not using it So I turned off the computer and few hours later I turned it on again and there was no white screen So I had to go out for most of the day and when I got back I turned it on and had the white screen again So I turned it off and then back on and got the warning that Windows didn t start up So I chose the start normally option and again it was fine and everything was working fine So I talked to my Brother in Law who knows a thing or two about computers and he didn t know what to do So as a experiment I turned off the PC and was going to see if the monitor was flashing white on my other PC As I was unhooking the monitor I realized that it wasn t connected very well at all So anyways I connected my monitor to the other PC and it started fine So I moved my monitor back and made sure to hook it up properly and then Iturned the PC back on and it booted just fine with no white screen and again everything was working Twice more last night I had the use the PC and both times that I started it I had no problems and no white screen So this morning I turn on the PC and the screen flashes white three times and then Vista started up normally I am at a loss as to what could be wrong My computer is working fine and runs video games and all operations normally Is it possible that my monitor is dying It s a Metro monitor that is about three years old Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flashes-white-at-startup-then-vista-starts-just-fine.843399/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello everybody. I own a Zbook, and today a small white dot appeard on my screen. Is brighten then his surroundings and it can be perfectly be seen on the white background. Is quite annoying. Anyone knows a cure for this? my notebook is under warranty, but i still i will prefer if i can fix it somehow whitout changing the display. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Small-white-spot-on-monitor-more-visible-with-white-screen/td-p/5632612
Relevancy 95.89%

Computer covers whole screen with either white or white with black and blue stripes Multiple times a day This computer was and Freezes white with turns Screen white stripes or bought in HP Media Center PC Within the second week this freezing it freezes and the screen has a white or white with Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes black and blue stipes occured yes second week my brother was uninformed and thought it was normal and didnt return it It happened often enough as to save anything you were working on every ten to twenty minutes on a bad day It Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes settled and slowly became less of a problem then stoped One day he got a virus and had to restore the computer the freezing started up again same as last time it settled then stoped a month later i recieved this computer as a hand me down as my brother went to college and got a MAC That was in mid summer of a week and a half ago i got a huge virus i restored my computer and the freezing started up again after not doing it once for over a year It has gotten as bad as freezing every minutes some nights And earlier today it froze i turned off and on my computer went down stairs and when i came back it was frozen again I had not even used and program Please help if you have any idea whats wrong Things to keep in mind -It only happened after the computer was restored or bought ish -Its not a normal freeze where you see the programs on the screen still the screen goes completely white or white with black and blue stripes - years old Thanks

A:Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes

Then maybe it isn't freezing at all. Maybe there's a problem with your monitor, vga cable, or video card.

Try a different monitor/cable and see if that changes anything. If it doesn't, then try reseating the video card--if any--and if that doesn't work I suggest getting a cheap one from someone's old pc at least to test with.

Installing a new video card can be complicated, but google search for a guide or follow the setup instructions for the video card to the letter and you'll have no problems.

Let us know what's going on, we love to help here... it's like an addiction, but we can stop anytime... really we can.

Welcome to TSF. I know I come off a bit strange, but most of the people here are friendly... and nowhere near as messed up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-freezes-and-turns-white-or-white-with-stripes-402336.html
Relevancy 94.17%

We have several computers here that are all of a sudden having problems watching radar (weather channel - we're a landscape company)or any video or pictures that change. The screens either get white squares that keep coming up across the area or the area is completely white....several operating systems from XP to 7.

A:white squares or completely white screen

Are they all updated with the latest video card drivers, directx, and flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430429/white-squares-or-completely-white-screen/
Relevancy 90.73%

I got a 2nd hand laptop the other day and when im on web pages that have a white background the white looks a little like cream not white as it should do.

i have changed the brightness but still the same and the screen has been cleaned so what could be the problem and what can i do about it?

the laptop runs on Vista.

A:White is not White on my laptop screen

Welcome
Follow this tutorial specifically,intensity
Color Scheme

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292893-white-not-white-my-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi And thanks for reading this post Description Windows Starter netbook loads desktop is visible for about seconds then is taken over by a white screen with a submit box on the right bottom portion of the screen Other than a one-line warning that says You have seconds to connect to the to White How Virus Pop-Up Disable - White Screen? Screen internet there are no other messages or directions I suspect it is some type of flawed ransomware with an intelligent very well-hidden code From a USB using command prompt I've tried several dozen malware scanners including HitmanPro and MalwareBytes without success White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen? The computer was infected on and the virus seems to have deleted any previous restore point s The white screen virus locks up Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking The white screen also launches when trying to use explorer exe or opening up notepad to save a file to the desktop Tried to use a new user account to bypass the virus but the white screen locks up the new user account in the same way Safe Mode with Command Prompt works I am thankful to be here for some professional help and look forward to the learning experience I followed Bleeping Computer's directions and uploaded the relevant logs from a recently run Farbar scan Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

A:White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen?

Greetings RecycleZone and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please do this.===================================================Recovery Environment - MBR Dump Using Farbar's Recvovery Scan Tool and ListParts--------------------For this step you will need a USB device and start on a clean computer if necessary.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txtS3 catchme; \??\C:\Users\RZ\AppData\Local\Temp\catchme.sys [X]
S1 epp32; \??\D:\bin\epp32.sys [X]
U2 ERSvc; no ImagePath
U2 IAStorDataMgrsvc; no ImagePath
U2 NIHardwareService; no ImagePath
U2 NVSvc; no ImagePath
U0 Partizan; system32\drivers\Partizan.sys [X]
U2 srService; no ImagePath
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:E965A533
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\RZ\Documents\Opera_NI_stable.exe:BDU
C:\windows\system32\umstartup000.etl
SaveMbr: Drive=0
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool for 32 bit systems and save it to a USB device.Download ListParts for 32 bit systems and save it to your USB devicePlug the flashdrive into the infected PC and follow the 2 step process below to enter the System Recovery Options using one of the three options li... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597761/white-screen-virus-how-to-disable-white-pop-up-screen/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,I recently upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 Home, updated all drivers and almost done my entire setup. I noticed that the Wireless Button which is used to turn on Airplane Mode is working normally but the LED always stays white. I've done my best to update all my drivers (the ones provided at HP's own site is only upto Windows 8.1, so I had to do some tinkering in the OEM sites of the devices namely Mediatek, AMD etc.) but still no solution. Am I missing something?  I am attaching the Screenshots of the Bluetooth and Wireless Section here    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/F12-wireless-button-always-stays-white/td-p/5719316
Relevancy 89.01%

i'm Getting this message, when i try to change the desktop back, after removing some trojan horses and viruses: Windows Internet Explorer
"file:///C:/WINDOWS/privacy_danger/index.htm" wurde nicht gefunden. Stellen Sie sicher, dass der Pfad bzw. die Internetadresse richtig ist.

A:desktop stays white, appear + icons work

Welcome to TSF

Did you have a specialist help remove your trojan? If not The security team can help you with those. You are probably still infected. We cannot assist you with this issue here in the Microsoft Support Forum.

Please read this sticky: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f112...ed-203704.html

If you cannot complete any of the 5 steps for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed, and post your logs in The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you. However, it is very important to make mention of any of the steps that you were not able to complete.

After you?ve posted your logs, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are very busy.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-stays-white-appear-icons-work-287955.html
Relevancy 89.01%

What happened before the browsers wont work days ago a brandnew rogue antivirus Antivirus Scan slipped into my computer and went rampaging around showing fake virusses on my pc made it unable for me to open my taskmnr showing pop-ups and messed up my browsers saying that it would be quot dangerous quot to browse around Took me a whole night to figure out how to get rid of the mallware i downloaded attack. white rogue stays after Browser mallwarebytes but it coudnt find the virus it was outdated for days and could not update in the end i solved the problem by opening ccleaner in safe mode and disabled Browser stays white after rogue attack. the autorun searched back the pad deleted the file and then after a update let mallwarebytes do the rest on a leftover registery key and file which was found Problem When i open my browser now explorer amp bit amp firefox bit it wont get me anywere It keeps loading and it stays blank Strangly though Songbird who has a build-in firefox-like browser and HP s own internet browser do work Furthermore when i clicked the activationlink to use my account on this site firefox opened with a blank page yet when i tried again in the buildin browser off songbird it did sayd the account was already activated I tried -messing with the proxy it was on auto detection but turned it to no proxy i dont have a server here -reinstalling explorer and firefox and installed chrome to test if it was only with previous installed browsers resetting browsers -browsers are not set as work offline I have a HP DV us withMS Windows Home Premium -bit I have no idea what else i could try i hope its enough info thanks in advance for helping even without a solution a reply to show this thread is been looked trough is well appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

Hello! Can you help me? I have HP Pavilion dv7-6b54er with windows 10. My wireless button works, but it have only 1 colour (white). Why? When I had windows 7 it changed colour if wifi "on" or "off'.Wireless button had 2 colours: amber (wifi off) and white (wifi on). I have HP Wireless Button Driver the latest version (Nov 14, 2012). Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-button-stays-white-Pavilion-dv7/td-p/5845793
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi There I ve been having major problems with my laptop over the last few weeks it constantly is running goes slow "freezing" white) (the attached screen often Laptop running HTL and very - extremely slowly and the CPU and Physical Memory are both running at high percentages right now at around each - I ve running the Hijack this log below any help would be much appreciated Thanks in Advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT Laptop running very slow and often "freezing" (the screen goes white) - HTL attached MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files Laptop running very slow and often "freezing" (the screen goes white) - HTL attached Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Windows vsnpstd exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Connect AutoUpdateSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclMSBTSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-running-very-slow-and-often-freezing-the-screen-goes-white-htl-attached.901241/
Relevancy 89.01%

I took my notebook to Bestbuy last week because it was greatly overheating it was going as hot as degrees celcius A few months after purchasing this laptop my screen began to have this faint "white with messing me, I screen huh? spot"? think. Bestbuy's Notebook mark on it which almost looked like dust was stuck inside the screen scattered inside a cm circle Notebook screen "white spot"? huh? Bestbuy's messing with me, I think. on the top-center of my screen It is very faint and can Notebook screen "white spot"? huh? Bestbuy's messing with me, I think. only be seen when I tilt my screen but it s very visible when in Notebook screen "white spot"? huh? Bestbuy's messing with me, I think. the dark Over the months it grew larger and now it s almost an inch large I figure its due to the overheating so I decided to send it into Best Buy with only months left on my warranty Anyways I got the call of Friday that it was ready to be picked up so I drove down there yesterday and the screen wasn t replaced and the mark was still there They Geeksquad guy told me they won t replace it because its what they call a quot white spot quot which is created from me banging my finger or an object into that part of the screen I never touch my screen and nor does it make any sense it can be this quot white spot quot because it s just getting bigger What should I do Is Bestbuy right or are they trying to just get out of a repair Have any of you had a similar issue with your screen nbsp

A:Notebook screen "white spot"? huh? Bestbuy's messing with me, I think.

If you know you have honestly never touched the screen go back and tell them what you told us here. You never touched it and it got worse. Tell them you have warranty left and you want the laptop fixed. If they start making up excuses and such just say something like this...

Warranty is for Defective products which this is & was not caused my myself so I would like this fixed under warranty or I'm going to get head office involved and so on.

Just dont start yelling at them because then you will get no where.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-screen-white-spot-huh-bestbuys-messing-with-me-i-think.894913/
Relevancy 89.01%

My sister (in a distant city) got a new computer running XP called me. Her kids got into the computer and now the screen is black except for a white stripe along the top withe words written there, "out of range."

No mouse control and no cursur.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, shortcut

A:Black screen except for white strip reading "out of range"

The out of range error is usually generated by the computers memory having problems. try taking the cover off the pc and re-seating the memory. If you can get a memory diagnostic tool off the net somewhere use it. The other guys who post here may be able to tell you of a good one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-except-for-white-strip-reading-out-of-range.169869/
Relevancy 89.01%

Got a problem with a compaq presario CQ56, in that whenever I log on to my main profile, it will start normally, and the desktop and icons will appear for a second, after which all the icons disappear and a few seconds later, so does the background, leaving me with a blank white screen. All the programs seem to work fine though, just "underneath" the white screen, as when I ctrl+alt+del, it returns to how it should be untilI perform an action

So far I've tried restarts, full shutdowns, emergency shutdowns(battery removal), switching users back and forth just about everything from taking it apart, which I don't think needs to be done

Any and all help would be appreciated

A:White "cover" on screen (compaq presario cq56)

If you can, try hooking the laptop to a computer monitor (should have a video input jack on the side somewhere) and booting the computer, then hitting FN until you get a picture on the monitor.

EDIT: I missed a few elements of the original post, sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-cover-on-screen-compaq-presario-cq56.1098788/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi Have read the instructions at Blue Screen of Death BSOD Posting Instructions tried to download the SF Diagnostic Tool but it seemed to hang There are several enquiry posts on that thread which have not been addressed I also noticed I do not know which other 'configure dump file settings' will be likely to shed some light on my crashes My dual core bit Windows Home Premium GB Ram which I upgraded to several years ago - away from Vista - is now crashing on a regular basis at least once a crashing with "STOP: Multiple 0x000000F4", white blue script. screen - day I get the following quot STOP x F quot blue screen with white script The pc will restart Multiple crashing - "STOP: 0x000000F4", blue screen with white script. after about - minutes if I let it stand The full blue screen crash seems to happen when I have one or several browsers open Activities will suddenly freeze the clock will stop the mouse become unresponsive then a complete freeze then after about seconds blue screen Is there a pc log to tell me what is going wrong amp Multiple crashing - "STOP: 0x000000F4", blue screen with white script. how I can correct whatever it is that is causing these crashes please The crashes are becoming more frequent over the last months or so For the record my Windows is now less stable than Vista was crashes more often crashes playing music wav crashes playing videos Power DVD and blue screen crashes when I surf the Internet I am pretty sure Win compiles some form of quot crash dump quot record before it restarts Please specify or kindly suggest which crash recording module will tell me what is happening here Many thanks Ric

A:Multiple crashing - "STOP: 0x000000F4", blue screen with white script.

If you need to let machine stand before it will reboot then probably be an overheating issue have you checked/been monitoring temperatures at all

Have a look in C:\Windows\Minidump for any dump files generated
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD you want method 2 step 2 IMO (its easiest)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276129-multiple-crashing-stop-0x000000f4-blue-screen-white-script.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all,

I am having a problem when i install windows xp, i have deleted the partition using the windows xp partition tool i have re-create an ntfs partition of 160 gig and quick formated it.

The first stage if the installation of windows will copy the file and reboot. At this reboot, my computer will try to reboot but will stays at the DOS black screen with a blinking cursor, it will stays there forever without starting to boot.

Any help?

A:Install XP stays to Dos white blinking cursor before boot

restart the comp and install windows again but dont use the quick format, its crap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-xp-stays-to-dos-white-blinking-cursor-before-boot.57615/
Relevancy 88.15%

I was on the website and it worked fine. Then i did my usual updates for my laptop and a virus scan. After that I tried to get back on the website but the brower will be done loading but all i get is a blank white page. Some please help.

A:cant access game-oldies.com. Web page stays white???

I'm just getting a white screen there too. May be a problem on their end.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/cant-access-gameoldiescom-web-page-stays-white/203555.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I've been seeing - window white/click-through becomes full screen of 7 1" Top Win what appears to be a windows bug but Win 7 - Top 1" of full screen window becomes white/click-through I havent been able to locate any discussion or permanent fix In a application that has been maximized the top inch edge-to-edge across the top - pixels or so enough that the office ribbon is mostly obscured becomes white and clicking in that space actually clicks-through to the application or desktop that is behind it It appears to only happen to a single application at a time and the effect disappears if the user pulls that application out of full screen mode using the Windows-Arrow shortcuts as the minimize windowed and close buttons at the top are no longer accessible I've seen it in IE Word Excel and Acrobat The issue disappears with a reboot I can probably count the number of times it's occurred on both hands in the last year and I've never had a chance to really do much more in the way of testing I dont believe there's any event log entries that appear in conjunction with it Our office is running all dell hardware laptops and desktops of different flavors on Windows bit and the only thing that appears consistent between the users having the problem is the use of two monitors It started happening to just one user about a year ago infrequently and has recently been reported by - more users in the last couple months We've been users of AVG and Malwarebytes and I dont suspect anything nefarious just seems to be an irritating bug from the looks of it Anyone else run into this or have a permanent fix I've googled up a storm trying to find anything related to it and came up empty Thanks Mike

A:Win 7 - Top 1" of full screen window becomes white/click-through

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Your showing windows 8 as your os :/
Is this just a misprint or what ?
Please update your system spec's page with this forums free utility it is listed above my signature,

Use Clean boot,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html
Click Start and type in the search box,
msconfig
Click on the suggestion on top or hit the Enter key,
Go to the Startup section and take some screen shots for a complete list,
Go to the Services section and on the bottom left Check the box to Hide All Microsoft services,
Repeat the screen shots,
See the links above my signature on how to take and upload screen shots here,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353466-win-7-top-1-full-screen-window-becomes-white-click-through.html
Relevancy 86%

I just recently bought this pre-assembled PC, a HP Pavilion I think, not even 2 months ago, and about 2 weeks after purchasing it the screen starts to go white and sometimes has lines through the screen. Also, when it does this it freezes irrevocably and remains white. I have had Norton Anti Virus and Spy Sweeper ever since the day I brought it home and use them often. I also have tried defragging and I still have this issue. On top of everything else, there seems to be no pattern to follow. So if you can give me some help, that would be great.

Relevancy 86%

Using Windows XP here, and this is happening more and more frequently: I click on a web link, or "Next" on a message board or website, and get a blank white screen with "Done" at the bottom left. Sometimes it seems a bit more promising, as along with the blank white screen there's the blue bar creeping (or seeming to stop) along the slot at the bottom left beside the words "Web site found. Waiting for ...". If I wait it out it'll take three or four minutes before the site comes up, but many times the screen stays blank and the word "Done" appears again. I can start over and usually get what I want, but this is annoying. Please, might there be a reason for this happening that could be fixed?

Miz

A:Blank white screen that says it's "Done"

Do you keep up with routine maintenance on your computer?

If you use another account on your computer do you get the same results?

----------------------------------------------------

Basic Computer Maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

Basic computer maintenance everyone should do
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650

Slow Computer Checklist
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic44694.html

Slow Computer? Check here first; it may not be malware
http://www.castlecops.com/t175258-Slow_Computer_Check_here_first_it_may_not_be_malware.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-white-screen-that-says-its-done.680939/
Relevancy 83.85%

hi i have a weired problem on white as interface office 2013 white appearing menus spots washed one of our staff laptop its core i system having office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots windows bit initialy it had visio and office installed office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots the problem was that when outlook was opened it would open but no text menus were visible it was all a like a white window having only title bar when i wold open word excel they would show same behaviour but it would also open some sort of dialog box which was all white no button to click on it only close button was visible and clicking on it would exit word excel access i also tried outlooke exe safe resetnavpane but no luck so i removed visio bit and rebooted system still same issue repaired office bit still same issue uninstall office and reboot and and install office bit still same issue uninstall bit and installed bit same issue sfc scannow found no violations tried it with local administator account same behaviour also tried with another local admin priviledges account same issue tried with domain accounts same issue i removed display drivers and tried wiht standard drivers same issue updated to latest drivers still same issue i however created a docx file and opened it with word it did opened but some menus were not visible they were just white places instead of the icons for vaiours actions like bold font etc but i by guess work wnet to options and tried disabling hardware acceleration but still same issue please help me how to resolve this strange issue

A:office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots

A screenshot of the problem is attached. This is the first screen that opens when launching any office applications and as seem there is no click able button there just the cross button clicking it closes application.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/355868-office-2013-interface-white-washed-menus-appearing-white-spots.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hey

im running on windows xp and this has never happend to me before

well yesterday i turned off my pc came back to it turned it on it started up for 3 seconds then the screen went black with one white flashing dash at the top left

if i restart it it happens again. I changed my monitor and it still didint work so i know its my hard drive or something
any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Starline

Relevancy 80.84%

Ever since I got this notebook all I've had are problems and HP has never been able to resolve a background on wants a HP me show a white to line white single problem It's like the warranty is completely meaningless They didn't even replace defective parts let alone replace the entire notebook I've had problems with the hard disk and was told we can't solve this problem as this is a problem with every envy notebook HP wants me to show a white line on a white background I've had a problem where dust is building up inside the screen between the screen and the external glass cover and I was told I need to send the notebook to HP wants me to show a white line on a white background the service centre even though I have an on-site at home service warranty for effing years nbsp This one time one HP tech even told me ENVY NOTEBOOKS DON'T SUPPORT VLC PLAYER YOU MUST PLAY MULTIMEDIA USING WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ALONE nbsp NOW I have a white line appearing on the top corner of the screen and HP said I need to take a picture of the problem in the BIOS The BIOS itself has a white background How can I click a picture of a white line on a white background If I write with white ink on a white paper can anyone read it I explained this precisely and was told Since the issue is not present in BIOS we need to check if this can be covered in the warranty WELL THE ISSUE IS PRESENT IN THE BIOS IT S JUST THAT IT CANNOT BE SEEN AS IT S WHITE ON WHITE AND YOU WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND NOT REPLACE MY LCD The issue is present in live linux USB sticks as well All you need to reproduce it is a DARK BACKGROUND nbsp This is ridiculous it's like HP is doing everything it can to screw its customers Show me a white line on a white background If you cannot we won't respect the warranty nbsp Can a moderator HP employee please look into it At this point I would like a system exchange I am done with this computer Problems are all I've had with it and HP has done nothing didn't replace a single part in the computer They know I need the computer and hence as a last resort they ask me to return the computer to the service centre If I must drop the computer at the service centre then what's the point of an on-site warranty This is blatant false advertising nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-wants-me-to-show-a-white-line-on-a-white-background/td-p/5726273
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all Ill cut to the chase What White" Desktop "High Windows not and "Black the just Contrast" Turning completely I am asking is someway of turning the Entire Windows Desktop Screen quot Black and White quot not simply High Contrast I am one of those unfortunate ones Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" like many that suffer from quite severe migraines from time to time Couple this with frequent headaches sometimes daily This obviously isnt helped by the fact that my hobby and career are both in IT I have tried every possible solution to alleviate the headaches Lay off certain foods make sure to have a balanced diet Turn off any strong lighting around my computer screen remove any strong colours from the desktop etc Windows XP Vista have tried to address this issue with the accessibility wizard where you can select the High Contrast Options to take any strong colours off the screen Unfortunately this still doesnt get rid of everything When you make any major changes or quot logoff quot in XP Vista the screen fades to quot black and white Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" quot for a short period If you know what I am on about thats the effect I am after More than likely a black and white layer is Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" laid over the desktop to create this effect unfortunately you would not be able to access anything underneath I need a fully functional XP machine in complete black and white On old CRT monitors you were able to remove the colour making the screen B amp W but with alot of LCD screens this function is not available If anyone has any ideas you would be helping so many people Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Regards Richard nbsp

A:Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-the-windows-desktop-completely-black-and-white-not-just-high-contrast.592004/
Relevancy 78.26%

So, ill be adding a video of what happens. Basically My dell precision 360 will "start" and it will make a loud noise and nothing shows on screen.

Relevancy 78.26%

I have read and tried many different suggestions, but I have no idea what is going on. The white on my dad's laptop is showing up with thin aqua vertical stripes in it. I have tried many different things (system restore, updating drivers, etc) and nothing has worked. The only thing that helped a little was when I calibrated it and it made the white in the window look white, but everything on the desktop that was supposed to be white, was not.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks!

A:White is not showing up as white on laptop

Whatever it was, it has resolved itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/304909-white-not-showing-up-white-laptop.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

Does anybody know how to fix this issue so I can actually see the text. They are both set to the same colour but can't seem to change it?

Thanks

A:White Font/White Background

Hi cbenson87, and welcome to 8 Forums.

This tutorial might help you:

Color of Background and Accent - Force in Windows 8.1[1]=Appearance Personalize

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59797-white-font-white-background.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a new laptop with a gig of Ram and very few programs on it It runs Vista I ve been building a huge mansion in Sims basic white in white red with X box gives 2 box suddenly Sims prog only and it s run just fine I have about items of CC and it still ran fine Yesterday I discovered I could change some settings and make the picture more detailed so I did so Things looked so much better but as I began having a display Sims 2 suddenly gives white box with white X in red box driver error message I figured I would see if mine needed updating I had trouble finding the right one but finally did on the Gateway site It said my driver is up to date Today I was testing out some new CC files and the game began crashing so I worked and found the bad files The game Sims 2 suddenly gives white box with white X in red box was working ok I began slowly putting some of the files I had removed back in to be tested I was trying to make it easier by renaming the downloads dir to downloads and making a new downloads dir At some point and I can t recall exactly when I began not even being Sims 2 suddenly gives white box with white X in red box able to load the game at all I d start it and before it even reaches the first screen I began getting this white box with a red box with a white X in it Nothing else will happen First I removed the files I d put into the new downloads dir No change Then I deleted the dl dir and renamed the downloads dir back to downloads in case there was a conflict though I couldn t imagine why there would be except they were in the same main directory No change This means that the problem has nothing at all to do with the downloads as the game crashes whether there is any CC in the downloads dir or not Now I can only assume there s something wrong with the increased detail settings and the display driver If this is the problem then Im really in a quandary as I can t get into the program to change the settings back HELP Thanks Jeanne nbsp

A:Sims 2 suddenly gives white box with white X in red box

I am haveing the same problem i instaled the game after a bad round with BV then put mack all my cc it was running fine but the net day when i tryed to start the game all i get is that white square with the red X and sims 2 whats up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-suddenly-gives-white-box-with-white-x-in-red-box.616716/
Relevancy 78.26%

Update: Solved by switching themes to basic and back.

In Metro mode I see this... I don't know what happened last as I don't use this PC often but it's running Windows 8 Build 8102. Even the switcher button "start menu" in normal mode shows white instead of black.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/3073-white-background-white-panels.html
Relevancy 77.4%

My Apply Button in Internet Options is "white-out" or grayed-out" in my Internet Explorer brozer , therefore I cannot make any changes in my Internet Options. Please explain how to fix this problem in very simple steps being that I am not a computer wiz !

A:Apply Button in Internet Options is "white-out" or grayed-out"

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1041319-internet-options-apply-button-grayed.html .

please do not create duplicate threads for the same issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apply-button-in-internet-options-is-white-out-or-grayed-out.1041324/
Relevancy 75.68%

My smart touch desktop starts up but the screen stays black as if it's still off. I can hear it runNing but nothing turns the screen on.  It worked fine yesterday I have even left it unplugged for hours but nothing is turning my screen on.   Please everything is on there!!!!

A:My smart touch desktop starts up but the screen stays black ...

Hi there @JeniS,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the black at startup. I will be glad to help you. Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Please get back to me and I will do all I can to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-smart-touch-desktop-starts-up-but-the-screen-stays-black/td-p/5542008
Relevancy 75.25%

I recently purchased a T3620, and I tried to replace the original one (NVidia Quadro K2200) with  low end one - NVidia nvs 295. I found I cannot get video output after power on. I put the K2200 back and it works again. I tried other old cards and none work. The cards are confirmed to be working themselves on other machines.

So  the question is: It now seems that T3620 can only use the cards in the configuration list. But why T3620 cannot use other cards fitting the same spec -- PCIE 2.0 x16, no extra power supply?  If I recall the old Dell workstations, they can use all kind of video cards, as long as interface is compatible. Is there white list in the BIOS to prevent other type of video card to start?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19983680
Relevancy 75.25%

Their is a Red Circle in my systems tray in the right hand bottom corner and every seconds is pops up saying quot Your computer is infected quot Very annoying Can anyone help I have ewido hijack this ad-aware Circle tray? in Keeps infected!" up Red with systems computer is "Your white X poping norton singer CleanUp here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C "Your computer is infected!" Keeps poping up in systems tray? Red Circle with white X WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system "Your computer is infected!" Keeps poping up in systems tray? Red Circle with white X svchost exe C WINDOWS System "Your computer is infected!" Keeps poping up in systems tray? Red Circle with white X svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL ACT Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C winstall exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http exchange R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunch O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Act UI InternetExplorer Plugins AttachFile CAttachFile - D FCD-D - - B -FB E D - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run Dell Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files ... Read more

A:"Your computer is infected!" Keeps poping up in systems tray? Red Circle with white X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-computer-is-infected-keeps-poping-up-in-systems-tray-red-circle-with-white-x.438375/
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm a network admin for about 30 users. About 10 of them are having a problem with any new document in Word (both XP and 2003). A small hollow square appears in the upper left corner. They're unable to delete it, and it freezes the "File" button on the Menu bar. Sometimes it freezes Word totally. They are able to print existing documents opened in Explorer. Very annoying! Any thoughts?

A:Word XP & 2003 - "little white square" in upper left corner

Hiya! and Welcome to TSG!

As nobody has an idea yet what might have cause the issue (as it is unusual), maybe uploading a screenshot would produce some ideas to resolve the problem.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-xp-2003-little-white-square-in-upper-left-corner.426866/
Relevancy 75.25%

I do have 3 weird icons on the desktop. Each I delete them and refresh desktop or reboot computer they appear again! Anyone knows what to do to delete them. Thank you.

ScreenShot 1

ScreenShot 2

A:How to delete weird white icons "files" on desktop

What was the last thing you did before they showed up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276746-how-delete-weird-white-icons-files-desktop.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I don't normally start threads like this Not all product manufacturers are created equal and some are notably better than others But what bothers me is when a guilty charged "white list" HP is Beware dreaded as the -- company makes a very decent product and then in a covert manner cripples it as a means to gouge fleece the consumer I contacted HP about this issue and was politely told quot thank you we'll take it under advisement quot and that was it Based on what I've read thus far I'm confident I will not see any actions Beware the dreaded "white list" -- HP is guilty as charged taken on the issue I raised So with that out Beware the dreaded "white list" -- HP is guilty as charged of the way I'll get right to the point Hewlett-Packard has been putting a quot white list quot in their computers in the BIOS They started this sometime in What is it It's a list of quot acceptable hardware quot that may be installed in the computer The most common internally installed piece of hardware is the network card While many laptop motherboards have the graphics card GPU soldered directly in place the network WiFi card is an optionally installed device that goes in an internal PCIe slot Beware the dreaded "white list" -- HP is guilty as charged The devious thing that HP did was that if you go out and buy a newer better WiFi card and install it upon cold booting the computer will check to see if that WiFi card is in the quot white list quot If it isn't the computer WILL NOT BOOT Now HP claims they did this in the quot best interests of the consumer quot because they supposedly test the best WiFi cards of the day and put those in the white list However networking technology has been moving at a rather rapid pace making network cards from - years ago about half as fast as the latest offerings Thus a Mbps card is now rather slow compared to a Mbps or even Mbps card NOT ONLY THAT but it turns out that HP has made numerous mistakes with the white list and the list is often shorter than what is described in the service manual Meaning you can very easily end up buying a WiFi card that is supposed to be supported but is not If you search the Internet about quot wifi card white list quot you will find thousands of hits HP is not the only computer manufacturer to do this HOWEVER they are the most aggressive at preventing the consumer from overriding it In more recent laptops and later HP loads an RSA signed BIOS into the computer whereby any attempt to load a modified BIOS will result in a semi-bricked computer Even changing just one bit in one of the files will cause the RSA signature to fail They did this to prevent the hacker communities from coming up with a workaround I am posting this a as a warning to prospective HP laptop buyers Now something like a WiFi card may not be an issue for you if you frequently use your laptop in fairly close range to your wireless router You may also be the kind of person who changes out their laptops every years or so But if being able to upgrade your wireless card as newer better ones emerge on the market is important to you I strongly advise against getting a Hewlett-Packard laptop I really wish I didn't have to post this because HP does make very decent laptops for the money I have had of them But upon getting the rd I discovered this glaring issue that has completely shaken my loyalty to the brand You can bet I will not return to Hewlett-Packard unless I hear confirmation of them rescinding the white list program NOTE Please read the RESOLUTION to this issue

A:Beware the dreaded "white list" -- HP is guilty as charged

I've already been boycotting all HP products for several years now because of their poor customer service and their policy of abandoning older products, etc. Up until this, their latest outrage had been the smug announcement that their newest machines that came with Win 8 installed would not be backwards compatible with Win 7 because they had no plans to make drivers for it. They pulled a similar stunt when Vista came out and the refused to update the drivers for many of their older printers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293403-beware-dreaded-white-list-hp-guilty-charged.html
Relevancy 75.25%

E-mail titled "Snow White And The Seven Dwarves -- The Real Story" or similar wording contains a worm called W32Hybris-B which can, apparently, do various nasty things to your computer & can send itself to others via E-mail.

I received a copy of it today (24th) but my Anti-Virus program caught & quarantined the attachment.

However -- should I send a "Hijack This" listing before I send any E-mails so it can be looked at & be sure its gone?

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello there friends at Tech Support White infected. with Please help: Red taskbar/"PC-Antispy" X in Circle Computer Forums Once before I visited the website and received timely effective assistance with a problem and I'm returning seeking similar advice I've browsed through a few other postings and it seems that a few other people describe the same sort of situation that I'm dealing with I'm using a laptop with Windows XP and in the bottom righthand taskbar there is a red circle icon with a white X that simulates Windows antispyware message It periodically states the following in a popup box quot Your computer is infected Windows has detected spyware infection It is recommended to Computer infected. Please help: Red Circle with White X in taskbar/"PC-Antispy" use special antispyware tools to pervent sic data loss Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you Click here to protect your computer from spyware quot If I click this bubble then it leads me to a website that encourages me to download a program called PC-Antispy or PC Clean Pro Also another message pops up periodically This message also has a bubble that leads to the same website to download PC-Antispy program quot Windows Security Alert To help protect your computer Windows Firewall has detected activity of harmful software Do you want to block this software from sending data over the Internet Name Trojan-Clicker Win Tiny h Risk Level Critical Description This Trojan opens a range of web pages without the knowledge or consent of the user The Trojan adds a rule to the Windows Firewall which permits any network Computer infected. Please help: Red Circle with White X in taskbar/"PC-Antispy" activity caused by the Trojan quot Also when I attempt to go to the Tech Support Forums website at Google I am led to another site So I've manually typed in the web address I've tried to run the Panda ActiveScan but after about hours of progress my computer locks up and I have to turn it off and back on again I've also downloaded Trend Micro HijackThis but when I double click on it or attempt to open the exe file nothing happens So I've downloaded RSIT and it provided me with this log txt file whose content follows It did not provide an info txt file however Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated Thanks --------------------------------------- Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Owner at - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack System drive C has MB free of GB Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus Tmntsrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus tmproxy exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus pccguide exe C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus PCClient exe C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus TMOAgent exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesH... Read more

A:Computer infected. Please help: Red Circle with White X in taskbar/"PC-Antispy"

My apologies for being preemptive, but I was hoping I could provide more timely information to you, so I followed directions that were given to other folks with similar problems. I downloaded Combofix and the Windows XP Service Pack 2 program, turned off anti-spyware/anti-malware programs, and then dropped the Windows SP program into the Combofix program. I ran into no problems, and I have included the three logs requested in other forums in this reply (e.g., ComboFix.txt, new HijackThis log, Add-Remove Programs.txt).

The red symbol with white X is gone, but when I try to go to Tech Support Forums via Google Search results, I am still redirected to other sites. Also, I still periodically get a Windows Security Alert stating:

"To help protect your computer, Windows Firewall has detected activity of harmful software. Do you want to block this software from sending data over the Internet?

Name: Trojan-Spy.Win32.KeyLogger.aa
Risk Level: Critical
Description: This Trojan has a keyboard logging function, which is intended to steal information from users of a range of on-line payment systems. . . [etc.]"

So, it seems like there may still a problem. Please see the logs below. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

--------------------------------------------------

ComboFix 08-10-12.01 - Owner 2008-10-13 11:27:17.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.565 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\CombiFix.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Program Files\akl
C:\Program Files\akl\akl.dll
C:\Program Files\akl\akl.exe
C:\Program Files\akl\uninstall.exe
C:\Program Files\akl\unsetup.exe
C:\WINDOWS\bdn.com
C:\WINDOWS\brastk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\karna.dat
C:\WINDOWS\mslagent
C:\WINDOWS\mslagent\2_mslagent.dll
C:\WINDOWS\mslagent\mslagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mslagent\uninstall.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mssecu.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\akttzn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\anticipator.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\awtoolb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bdn.com
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\beep.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\emesx.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\karna.dat
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mssecu.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\newsd32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regc64.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regm64.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundl1.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssvchost.com
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysreq.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\thun.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\thun32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbsys2.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vcatchpi.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsystem.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WINWGPX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\winsystem.exe
D:\Autorun.inf

Infected copy of C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\beep.sys was found and disinfected
Restored copy from - C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F845E3DB-F751-4BE4-A620-64F2CA1BFB5F}\RP611\A0114629.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-09-13 to 2008-10-13 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-10-13 11:29 . 2004-08-04 14:00 4,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\beep.sys
2008-10-11 17:27 . 2008-10-11 17:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\rsit
2008-10-11 16:21 . 2008-10-11 16:21 <DIR> d-------- C:\ie-spyad_zo
2008-10-11 15:41 . 2008-10-11 15:41 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster
2008-10-11 15:41 . 2008-10-11 16:01 <DIR> d-a------ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
2008-10-10 02:12 . 2008-10-10 02:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Panda Security
2008-10-10 02:12 . 2008-06-19 17:24 28,544 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pavboot.sys
2008-10-10 00:37 . 2008-10-11 16:42 717 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wini104552502.exe
2008-10-1... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-infected-please-help-red-circle-with-white-x-in-taskbar-pc-antispy-301352.html
Relevancy 74.82%

So i just bought a new Gigabyte GTX 770, had a 650 before and everything worked. I have the Gigabyte GA-970a-ud3 mainboard with 2 PCI-E Slots, both 16x but one runs with 4x. If i put the graphics card in the top slot (16x) LEDs light up and fans start running , i hear the windows 7 welcome screen sound through the speakers but the screen stays black, but if i put the card in the bottom slot (4x) everything works, besides the fact that the graphics card is slow as hell.
Both PCI power cables plugged into it, i tried removing all drivers, resetting cmos.
I dont know what could possibly be wrong but maybe you do, so thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bought-new-graphics-card-computer-starts-but-screen-stays-black.1119337/
Relevancy 74.82%

So, earlier I installed a Windows 7 theme ( WP7 Mango VS by ~oliver182 on deviantART ). I needed to run the FullGlass.exe file it came with, so I did. I didnt like the theme so I uninstalled it, and deleted the fullglass.exe . Now Im left with this odd bright and shiny white in my folders:

http://i.imgur.com/ZkVq2w2.png

Yeah.. Not sure what else to say about my issue. But if you need any more information feel free to ask. Thanks

A:FullGlass.exe causing uber bright "white's"

Yes, it is the situation.
FullGlass.exe makes the explorer window transparent when the background is black/dark, but when the background is non-dard, it makes the objects hazy.

Expand the notification area by clicking here in the taskbar ...
Right click on FullGlass and exit.
Everything should be back to normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/289633-fullglass-exe-causing-uber-bright-whites.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Everyone I am new to this forum I have been browsing it for about a week I currently have SUPERAntispyware Windows Defender and Norton Anti-virus installed on my computer I had some virus spyware adware issues that I managed mostly to remove thanks to the help of this forum The last issue I had was the Bio-Hazard on my desktop plus the Ultimate Defender I believe that those are taken care of and SAS is scanning as I type I have downloaded and ran HJTLog I will post a copy of that log Any help that I can Desktop wallpaper White with "Active Recovery" get would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared White wallpaper with "Active Desktop Recovery" SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C PROGRA VIRTUA SMARTB SprintDSLAlert exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin m SrchMn exe C Program Files Embarq TotalAccess FastLane IPMon exe C Program Files Embarq TotalAccess FastLane IPClient exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin m IMPipe exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C PROGRA NETSCAPE NETSCA NETSCAPE EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explo... Read more

A:White wallpaper with "Active Desktop Recovery"

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-wallpaper-with-active-desktop-recovery.616700/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,
I would like to change "Windows Explorer" dafault white backgroup color without losing the Aero theme feature in Win7.  I know it can be done in a classic theme by changing the "window" color".  Could someone kindly help
me out?  I searched the Internet and found some sites mentioning downloading programs, which I hesitate to trust due to potentially hidden virus.  I don't mind using regedit to change the registry.  Any hint is much appreciated.
JD

A:How to change "Windows Explorer" dafault white backgroup color without losing the Aero theme feature?

Hi JD,

It seems the Windows Explorer background color cannot be changed in Windows 7. However, you can see if third party software such as
XYPLORER can achieve this.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Also, you can change other window color by right clicking the desktop ->
Personalize -> Windows Color -> Advanced appearance settings… -> pull down the Item to
Window and choose the color you like -> Click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Linda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/24b46d93-37d0-4325-8671-c9b3e479ec8c/how-to-change-quotwindows-explorerquot-dafault-white-backgroup-color-without-losing-the-aero?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I am a software engineering student. I want to know the use of "white papers" in software industry, and also in software companies. Are they are in use in software industry? If it is, do they play a main role? Do programmers have to create these? Do customers expect white reports from software companies? Please help. I have to create a white paper in my project and I really hate that...

Relevancy 73.96%

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Recently when I am in internet explorer and go into a site the page semi freezes. In other words it just sits there not totally opening up with all the data on a page. If I click to go out then the page fades to an off white with the data still readable. I can then go out and come back in and often all is well. But this happens quite a bit. Any idea what is going on. Running Windows Explorer 8.0.760 with windows 7
thanks in advacne

A:windows explorer "fade to white"

When that happens, hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc, go to the Processes tab, select "Show processes from all users" checkbox on the bottom, and click the CPU header column to arrange in descending order of what processes are taking up the most CPU percentage. This should tell you what's going bonkers at that point when iexplorer is freezing up. It could be a number of things, but you should check that first to make sure it's actually IE causing the issue or whether it's something else (an add-on or third party program integrated into ie).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/125788-windows-explorer-fade-white.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,

I have a toshiba laptop with windows 7 when i start the computer it goes to my log in and then when i click on it the screen goes white i have tried starting in safe mode and it ends up restarting computer and doing same thing i also tried disc repair and it keeps asking for a username and password which i don't have because i never set one up i did buy this laptop new any help would be appreciated.

A:White Screen

Hi,
Do yoou have the installation disk(s)? Can you boot from that disk? If so, will it allow you to do a startup repair?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504427/white-screen/
Relevancy 73.1%

hi,i m having white screen on my lappy after some time on working on,sometimes it work fine but sometime screen goes white and as i notice device is working, i have tried reset it but still problem exist please help if any one has any solution.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/white-screen/td-p/5707792
Relevancy 73.1%

I and a few friends have recently logged on to desktops and when booting up we get as far as the desktop, which only flashes on momentarally, then goes to a completely white screen. I can find no way out of it except to hit ctl,alt,delete,which just puts me to switch user,lock puter,ect. any ideas?
I even tried to go with full recovery but still goes to white screen.

Relevancy 73.1%

Anyone have a clue as to why a Compaq laptop screen would just go completely white. If I go on standby and then back to active, it comes back just fine. The software continues to run. Win 95, LTE 5300

Relevancy 73.1%

My HP laptop does boot but a white screen shows up. After a while the screen gradually turns black and some blue and green vertical lines shows up. I know something is wrong with the graphic card but I had the same issue with my acer laptop 2 months. Why the laptops am I using keep getting damaged graphic cards? My acer laptop was 4 years old but I used to play games on it so it kinda makes sense why the graphics card broke. Although my HP laptop is 8 years old (since the year Vista was released) but this laptop was only used for office work e.g. Internet and Office 2010 and gaming at all. So can someone tell why I have this curse?

A:Why am I having white screen?

Hardware components degrade independantly of what you use them for.

4 years for a laptop with a GPU that gets stressed a lot and 8 years for a laptop with a gpu that doesn't get stressed as much makes perfect sense.

No computer lasts forever.
If you want longevity, you should consider a desktop computer instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/280152-why-am-i-having-white-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My computer has a white screen,does anyone know how to fix this? It is a Toshiba Satellite A205 laptop.

A:White screen

Sadly this is a connection issue on the motherboard to the graphics...if it's still under warranty send it in and get it fixed..otherwise you can either send it in and pay the price of getting it fixed..or getting a new laptop..which most likly be about what they would charge you to fix it these days.

If you google your problem there are tons of post about this model doing the white screen issue unfortunatly..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1092551/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Samsung 204B monitor that failed yesterday with an all white screen. The monitor turns on and off OK, but is all white as soon as it turns on (I am sure it is the monitor as it does this when not connected to a PC).

I have viewed a few Youtube videos and websites suggesting bad caps or ribbon cables. I am curious if anybody here has actually repaired a monitor with the white screen problem?

Edit: I opened it up and found 3 capacitors that are bulging, so I will replace them first. Radio Shack was a complete waste of time, so I will have to buy them online.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1097243/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, We have changed the touchpad for X1 carbon by sending it to Lenovo vendor. The user worked on the laptop for couple of times before the screen goes white - literally and completely white. We could work on the laptop by connecting it to an external screen, but we need to know the solution for this problem... thank you.

A:X1 White screen

Hi IT-Support-Leb,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per your query we understood that you are facing a issue with white display while working on your ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

Regarding to this issue I suggest you to check with uninstalling the graphic driver from the system, if the system is shipped with additional graphic card then please uninstall both Onboard and Additional graphic driver from your system. Uninstall it from control panel ? program and feature option.

If the issue still persists after uninstalling the driver then the system could have problem with hardware related. It might be with display cable or with display panel, to confirm it you have to visit the nearby service center.

Hope this helps. 

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-White-screen/td-p/1607480
Relevancy 73.1%

iv a amilo li 2735 lap top some times when i turn on its a white screen other times its a dark screen but nothing appears on there not long had a new hard drive any ideas wot it could be
thanks dave

A:white screen

Sounds like your LCD's wiring harness's flex connector is loose or faulty (the wire that connects the LCD to the motherboard on your laptop).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/white-screen-692322.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Help, I have a password protect on my computer and after I log in the only thing I get on my screen is a white display. I can not get my desk top until I go to logoff and it flashes just before it shuts down. I just had my video card replace less than a month ago. Can anyone help me? I don't want to take it back to the shop and pay another $300. Thanks

Hello Pattie and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could try the suggestions in this Microsoft forum thread:

windows 7 white screen - Microsoft Community

It seems more than a coincidence that you had your video card replaced less than a month ago. I'm guessing the new card is under warranty so I'd be inclined to take it back to the shop. It's possible that the new card was defective from the factory, or there could be some other underlying problem with the computer that is affecting the video card. In either case I think the shop should make things right for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/282098-white-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I am trying to help my dad He has a Gateway laptop with windows vista on it He gets a white screen that Screen White will only go away when you hit the tab and alt key at the same time And it comes back whenever it feels like We are wondering what White Screen we need to do to permanently get rid of it I did the HiJack This and this is what I got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C White Screen Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway CEC MAIN exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Internet explorer Iexplore exe C Windows explorer exe C Users Buster Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M M- R - HKCU White Screen Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispat s amp tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ... Read more

Hi, you will need to visit the practitioners of the black arts, scary as that might be they are very good, you have problems:-(patience please, this sort of magic takes time)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/white-screen-503236.html
Relevancy 73.1%

When I start my laptop and enter my password it acts like it is going to start up then goes to a white screen. I am then not able to do anything. What can I do??

km46064 said:

When I start my laptop and enter my password it acts like it is going to start up then goes to a white screen. I am then not able to do anything. What can I do??Click to expand...

Might want to take a look here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1117082/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, I just started having this white screen issue today.
It seems that my laptop have a permanent white screen, the moment I pressed the ON button.
I can still adjust my screen lighting, and couldn't try the rest since I can't seen anything on my screen.
I've searched on net, and mostly referred to a white screen after start up and with the mouse scroll, but mine is just empty without anything.
Please help me, I have a lot of important files that I need access to.

Can you plug in a monitor? Most laptops have a port for this.

If so is it booting past the BIOS screen into Windows? What do you see on the monitor screen? If it's also white then it sounds like the video chip is failing and may need replacement. If the monitor gives a picture then it could only be the laptop screen needing reseating or replacement.

Your files should always be backed up against failures like this. If you cannot get your screen working then you can remove the Hard Drive from its bay underneath - instructions for most models are found by asking Google - and connect it via a converter cable to USB or to plug it in internally to a desktop's SATA port, giving access to your data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356545-white-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,

Today i was watching a movie on my computer and all of a sudden the pc fades to a white screen. I can reboot the computer and i can even hear the windows 7 reboot sound. However, the pc stays at a white screen and i cannot do anything with it. I have tried restarting pc. Insertinig the installation cd into my optical drive to try to get it to boot however i have not set the pc to boot via cd drive first so that was a failed attempt.

Please any help would be appreciated. I am on windows 7 64 bits. i7 processor, ati radeon 5750HD graphics card, 8gig ram.
Boywin Lee

Do you have the option to try a different cable (eg: vga, dvi, HDMI)?

Try booting up in VGA-Mode if your PC gives you the option. To do this, as it is booting up, hit the F8 key to bring up the advanced menu and it should give an option along the lines of 'Enable VGA Mode', if not, try 'Last Known Good Configuration'.

Once you're in, upgrade the video card driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.977984/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm still trying to fix this problem The Laptop screen is a bright white but will dim down after no activity time screen DV7 on a White outs It will also go out if the computer goes into sleep mode It is a bright white screen as soon as you turn it on so you can't see anything in the BIOS level to work with I have tried replacing the screen but there is no differance I replaced the ribbon cables inside the laptop to make sure White screen on a DV7 it had no broken leads and I still get the same results If I connect an HDMI cable and the laptop has completed loading the OS then I can work with the computer completly on the screen connected to the HDMI cable but the laptop is pure white I can also use the VGA port with the same results If I switch the screen control and say I want to just use the HDMI or VGA port then the white screen goes off nbsp The second port moniter only works after the operating system has loaded so it is useless until the OS is loaded nbsp nbsp This takes me back to my original question about this laptop On other models there is an inverter which if it fails on other models gives you a white screen and is easily replacable but I find none on this laptop Again I'm working on an HP DV - c dx Does this laptop have an inverter and is it replacable If there is no inverter and I've replaced both the screen and the internal ribbon cables is the only thing left the Motherboard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-screen-on-a-DV7/td-p/5731557
Relevancy 73.1%

Had quick search on here but there are no topics.
Every now and againg when in windows my pc screen goes blank.
To a white screen, well it looks greyish to me.
I have look on google and there some topics on this, but I did not see if my hdd light had froze so did not continue reading the topic as I was unable to relate to the subject.

Its weird, random and no other signs.
I have to reset the computer by holding power button then I get the black 'windows encountered a prob, bla bla restart windows' error screen on restart.
I am unsure if its windows, graphics card or monitor.

I have an 2gb xfx hd7859 and a benq xl 24inch monitor

A:white screen.

Hello,

Are you doing anything specific when this happens?

What brand/wattage Power Supply are you using?

Has the inside of the PC been cleaned lately?

Please take a look at the following thread and perform the requested steps.

Once you have the requested reports please attach back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/white-screen-695127.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I turn on my computer and the desktop comes on .... the hourglass is running and finally a white screen covers the entire desktop ... then an "Internet Explorer Script Error" box comes up .... it asks if you want to continue running scripts on this page .. I have tried saying yes and then no ... the reult is the same ... I still can't get into my offline programs or anywhere else.

Did you, by any chance, set a Web page as your desktop background?

Right-click an empty space on your desktop.

Click Properties.

Select the Desktop tab.

Click on Customize Desktop...

Select the Web tab.

Uncheck My Current Home Page or any other website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1088186/
Relevancy 73.1%

I accidentally stepped on my laptop and a white screen appears when I turn on the loptop. I have a Hd Stram loptop and I want to know if is just the screen broken or if is not fixible anymore. I don't want to waste money on something I can't fix anymore.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-screen/td-p/5664390
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello guys After I returned from my vacation I turned on my computer and the screen was filled with white It showed the logo before booting HP press F for this F for this for a split second then white goes comes and screen White covered White screen comes and goes the screen from the middle to White screen comes and goes the edges The good news is it isn t white If I look White screen comes and goes from higher up I can detect some colours I waited for an hour until the monitor shut down then immediately moved my mouse to wake it up again and then the white had disappeared Unfortunately when the monitor shut itself again and I woke it the white had returned and I couldn t remove it Waiting for the monitor to shut itself didn t work then The monitor often makes a buzzing sound when my computer opens then flashes from black to white a couple of times before settling on white The next day the same problem I tried manually shutting down the monitor from the power key in the front but the white is still there I also tried going in and out of hibernation I have a hibernate key on my keyboard but that doesn t work either The only way the white goes away is by waiting for the monitor to shut down by itself and waking it up Then I have to set the monitor not to close again for the day and set it back when I close the computer It s terribly annoying to say the least My monitor has a blue cable but the monitor fails to work when I plug it in the blue slot on the graphics card I have to use an adapter it came with the monitor to put it in the white slot I ve also tied with my kvm switch which can plug both in the blue or white with the adapter slots and both work The problem also happens with my other computer Is my monitor faulty or maybe it s a cable error What do you think nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

I have started getting a white screen after I boot up,the pc goes through B.I.O.S. then the XP screen and then for a couple of seconds the screen turns white, it then goes into the normal blue windows start up and every thing is fine from here but I am a bit concerned as this might be the start of something bad.

Would welcome a reply
ORDOVIC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.892791/
Relevancy 73.1%

i have a dell all in one pc with touch screen. when i turn it on it is all white screen ..i was told it could be a power issue so i went a nd boougth a new power supply cord and that is not it...before the white screen the computer would flash like a blinker..lol and now just white screen...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1148428/
Relevancy 73.1%

Unfortunately I cannot download ANY of the recommended programs or White Screen get any information from my computer to assist you in determining my problem My friend was on my computer a couple weeks ago and said it was quot acting funny quot so I sat down to see what was going on MY computer camera took a snapshot White Screen of me at the computer and a message came up directing me not to shut down and that in order to get my computer back up and running I must go to the site it was highlighting and send in payment because we were on a quot forbidden quot site He WAS on a site that is questionable in taste but as far as I know not illegal Anyway I shut my computer down anyway but when I tried to restart it all I get is a white screen I can hear it running and making background sounds as if there are windows opening but I can t see anything What can I do to get my computer to show ANYTHING Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

I'm not overly tech savvy, but my issue is a white screen on my HPG62 laptop, it just started earlier today, and only seems to happen when I restart the laptop, where it occurs instantly when i power on, but sometimes doesnt, or when im loading a game of League of Legends. Im using the laptop at this moment to post, also I've already used MalwareBytes to scam my computer twice and havent found any form of virus or malware so im hoping somebody here will have an answer, thank you

A:Need Help With a White Screen

This may be an issue with your LCD screen of the Video card which is soldered to the Motherboard.
You can start by going to the HP Drivers site, finding your model # and download the latest Video driver for your model HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP ? Support
If you still have problems, it is probably a hardware issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-a-white-screen-875857.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello, I purchased 2 oem copies of w7 and installed them both on seperate pcs, one was an upgrade and the other was a clean install. After 2 days the clean install was giving me white screen every 5 minutes or so and now after about 5 days the upgrade is now doing the same thing. Does anyone know what the problem is? Thankyou

Relevancy 73.1%

Dear support,

On startup, all I get is a blank white screen. I can't see anything.

But, I can plug in a monitor and do everything else just fine.

I tried twiddling the drivers, but maybe I did it wrong or overlooked the right one(s). I tried a system restore, but that threw an error on restart.

I even dove in with my screwdriver to make sure no plugs got knocked loose (don't worry, warranties were long voided).

Please help.

thanks~

---

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6040 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1), 5 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238122 MB, Free - 36349 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, 2055UN3
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Relevancy 73.1%

My dad has an Envy (no clue what the model number/product number is...all I know is it has a 17 inch screen, beats audio, and control zone.  I believe it has 12GB of memory and 1 TB of HDD).  Anyway, he was browsing the internet when he says all of a sudden, his screen went completely white.  He forced the computer to shut down, and upon restarting the computer, it remained white.  I had him attempt the "Ctrl+Alt+Esc" solution, with no progress.  I had him attempt to start the computer in Safe Mode, again, no progress.  I also had him hook his computer up to an external display (his tv), and still, nothing showed but white.  I would like to know if there's something else we can do to fix this, or if this white screen means his computer is shot.  Please advise.  Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-Screen/td-p/5795260
Relevancy 73.1%

On my computer screen, there is a white dot near the top left corner. This dot stays in the same position on my screen no matter what I do, and it shows up on screenshots I take.

Here is a picture showing its relative position on my screen, as well as what it looks like zoomed in 800%:

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/19118219/269be976.png

I'd like to know how I can get rid of it, since it is kind of annoying. Thanks.

EDIT: Haha, fixed it just by restarting my computer. Sorry for not doing so before posting; this may be locked.

A:White dot on my screen

If it shows up in screenshots then it isn't a hardware issue. I suggest that you report your thread and ask for it to be moved to a more appropriate forum, possibly that of your Operating System. Meanwhile what OS do you have, and what programs are running when the Dot appears? (if it's always there, what programs are in your startup list)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-dot-on-my-screen.944228/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

Hope some body can help
Earlier on today i installed some windows updates as i thought this would be a good idea
i think one off the updates was xp2 the pc was going very slow after wards and now when switched on there is a white screen and nothing else
any help please would be much appreciated as the pc was just given to my daughter by a friend and was in perfect working order

i thought about taking it back to factory settings ?

thanks in advance

mags

A:Help please pc white screen

I have merged your 2 threads togther as one thread's information might be relevant to the second, and the second threads problem might be related to the first's.
We will review all the information and come back with some suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-please-pc-white-screen-151899.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello My friend: I have a Dell Studio 540s Slim with Windows 7 and this Problem i have now is with a White Screen Poping up no taskbar, unless i push the window sign key button it will pop up, no desktop,if I restart desktop will come up normaly then after awhile a white screen will show up ? How To SOLVE

A:RE..White Screen

When this happens press CTRL SHIFT ESC all at once to open Task Manager. In the list of processes, look to see if "explorer.exe" is running. If it isn't we need to see what is stopping it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-white-screen.914473/
Relevancy 73.1%

Have this intermittent problem of my screen just showing a white screen when I book up. When I let it sit for a few minutes and try again it usually boots up OK to the desktop. Would this be a video card or monitor issue? Thanks.

A:Keep getting white screen

Hard to say....can you try another monitor as a test

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-getting-white-screen.955077/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a friend who's computer is running W7. For a while now, at random periods, her computer screen will go completely white. The mouse arrow will still be there and she can move the arrow around, but there is nothing else on the screen. She has to press and hold the power button to turn it off, then when she turns it back on, it all seems to work fine, until the next time.

I've heard of the Blue Screen of Death, the Black Screen of Death, but I've never heard of a White Screen of Death.

Is anyone familiar with this sort of problem?

Relevancy 73.1%

Hello in log screen White after As the title say I have problem with white screen after logging in after i enter my username and pass desktop screen appears for few seconds and than immediately after that i gets white and i cant do nothing about it i tried ctrl alt del function only thing that works is that i can shut down the pc when i select this option White screen after log in i can see again my desktop in few seconds again and it turns off I tried to start the computer in safe mode and in safe mode with networking but both of those attempts only led to the computer restarting itself into normal mode While searching online i am on my brothers pc I saw a topic few months ago where user gringo pr managed to help with this problem to someone else so i would really appreciate it if he or someone knowledgeable as him could help me Thanks Edit- i run a scan with FRST x and here is the result Edit -Problem solved mods can close this thread

A:White screen after log in

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507887/white-screen-after-log-in/
Relevancy 73.1%

when i go to youtube.com and i want to see a video on full screen. when i click on the full screen button my screen just turn white. what could it be? i need some help!!!

Hi,

Welcome to TSF!!

Can you tell me what broswer you are using? Then we can help you better.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/white-screen-508856.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
I have an HP envy 17 laptop running Windows Home Premium. Usually after booting up my computer, within a few minutes the whole screen randomly turns white, even if I just have the desktop visible on my screen at the time and am doing nothing. Then, if I try to sleep/awake the computer or restart it, the screen will remain white. I'm able to get a normal screen if I shut down the computer for a while before rebooting, but again it will only be for a few minutes before I get the white screen again..any ideas what this is and how to fix it? Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627138/white-screen/
Relevancy 73.1%

when i shut down or put on standby, and then try to get back online the monitor is really tempermental about going to google. i have removed password screen in hopes that would help, but it has not. any suggestions?
Florida rocks

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried reinstalling or updating the video driver from the pc makers support site, please post your make and model of computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/white-screen-591544.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

Just a few moments ago my laptop LCD monitor went completely white. I had to reboot. A week ago I had to have a new Hard Drive installed on my Panasonic Toughbook CFW2. Since then the computer has went half black then all the way black. I rebooted and it came back fine. I am also having trouble with the battery and power cord. Every 15-20 minutes it shuts itself off. The bottom of my computer gets very hot. I then have to wait about 30 seconds to reboot. I have spent nearly $600.00 on parts and labor this past year. Is it time to call it quits and buy another laptop?

Thanks

Gay Lynn

Relevancy 73.1%

It's happened to me 3 times in a couple of weeks. Browsing, Firefox 3.5, the whole screen goes translucent white, you can see what you were doing through it but can't do a thing about it. I hide my taskbar, that rises to the occasion but none of the shortcuts work. They all recognise the cursor, but that's it. The right click menu pops up but again nothing works. Start Menu the same.

The only way out is to crash the thing with the power button and restart.

Anyone got any ideas?

Andy.

Windows 7 Home Premium / Asus P5QL/EPU / Intel Core Duo E7500 2.93ghz / 4gb Corsair / NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250.

A:White Screen!!

Sounds like a Firefox issue. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Be sure to download it directly from Mozilla.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/47450-white-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm posting from another computer since mine is behaving badly. I can try to get any info you need but my luck has not been so good.
Computer was perfect until a few days ago-has updated Kaspersky and Advanced System Care on it. Suddenly the monitor started flashing, dim and bright while I was at the desktop. then the mouse became unresponsive. I shut it down and restarted. All my icons had become huge and the graphics were horrible-updated graphics drivers and things seemed normal. Computer worked for about 30 minutes, flashed , unresponsive and I shut it down. When I restart now, everything looks good as it goes through the loading screen-then it hangs up at a white screen for 45 seconds or so. It goes to the desktop and the flashing and unresponsiveness begin again.
Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1023705/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys and gals I'm running into an issue with a T-60 laptop's lcd screen. When it's docked on the docking station the video display is fine on the external monitor. However, once we take it off the dock and try to use the laptop's lcd screen the entire screen will become bright. This is will go back and forth a few times and will eventually stay with this white colored hue throughout the whole screen. I checked all of the settings and I feel that it's not a setting with the computer itself or the OS, more like a hardware issue. I'm nudging towards the motherboard's video card but was also wondering if it could be the lcd's inverter board. Any help or ideas would be great, thanks all.

Joe

A:IBM T60 white hue over lcd screen

If the display is fine on the external monitor then I don't think it's the Video card, i don't know the inside of the laptop monitor but it would most likely be the Laptop LCD by the sounds of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-t60-white-hue-over-lcd-screen.102505/
Relevancy 73.1%

I cannot get past white screen when I turn computer on... it was fine this morning. can hear music startup etcbut still white screen what have I done
acer laptop 230-280 series windows home xp

login to safe mode press F8 key 4x times to get the menu when windows is booting up
and pick safe mode from there you can do a system restore to a day before the problem http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/restore.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.360964/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,
I have a windows vista XPS and today out of nowhere while being on it the screen turned white I've had it for a year or two.

Can you get into Safe Mode?
Can you get into Startup Repair?

Please use System Restore to restore the system to a point a couple of days ago (it won't affect your data).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/white-screen-496809.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My daughters Toshiba NB100 win xp only displays a white screen when started up nothing else F2, F8, F10 all do nothing any advice

It could possibly be a problem with the video card or the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1046555/