Windows Support Forum

Solved: Problem with Arabic Switching

Q: Solved: Problem with Arabic Switching

Hi there,

I am new ti the forum hope someone can help me out with my problem.
I have an application which will toggle between Arabic and English keyboard layouts as necessary.

Things are fine up to Windows 98. But with Windows2000 and with XP it is not switching from English to Arabic automatically but From Arabic it comes to English Automatically. Can you suggest any solutions ?

Note: When I install Hebrew Keyboard layout, the same application toggling between English and Hebrew

without any trouble. Please also note that the application doesn't use Windows API.

Cheers
Riyas

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Problem with Arabic Switching

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Problem with Arabic Switching

Hey guys, I got it done thru a short cut, dont worry about this anymore.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-arabic-switching.418847/
Relevancy 63.21%

Please I can,t read my email in Arabic , I have message im my email from 2004 in arabic and it,s shown to me as langue I don't understand ????? please help me ?

it show like this " "

A:I cannot read my mail in arabic although my PC support all arabic languages 2014

For starters, what operating system are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-read-my-mail-in-arabic-although-my-pc-support-all-arabic-languages-2014.200403/
Relevancy 61.49%

The Arabic text works fine but numbers do not in any program or browser. I have Windows 10 and its a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop 5000 series.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445644-how-can-you-get-arabic-keyboard-type-arabic-numerals.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have Adobe Reader 9.3. I open some document and the program says that Arabic Transparent Bold is missing.
I tried to install Arabic Transparent Bold that I found from Google search but the problem remains

A:Arabic Arabic Transparent-Bold missing

namo said:

I have Adobe Reader 9.3. I open some document and the program says that Arabic Transparent Bold is missing.
I tried to install Arabic Transparent Bold that I found from Google search but the problem remainsClick to expand...

Hi,
Here is a solution that I spotted on another forum and hopefully it will help you: Scroll down to Post #7

http://www.emiratesmac.com/forums/arabic/5906-arabic-pdf-not-displaying.html

Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arabic-arabic-transparent-bold-missing.950020/
Relevancy 55.04%

Some times when I want to display any text in Arabic through the Internet like Email or to write a command on my calendar it displayed in a strange letters .Why this happened and how I can solve the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-arabic-text-195488.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running Windows XP and attempting to switch my browser to Firefox but windows, or something else, is not allowing me to do it. I clicked on the above Download TSG SysInfo tab and then the save file button but nothing appeared here or on my desktop. I chose Firefox as my browser after the install but only got a few toolbars open on my desktop, all my program tabs I had with Windows did not switch over to the Firefox. Icon. I am at a loss of what to do. In the past I had no problem switching back and forth.

birdog2

Relevancy 52.89%

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Computer:
AMD Althlon 64 Processor
3000+
2.01 GHz, 1.00 Gb of RAM

Ok, here is my problem. My computer has 5 accounts and I have Windows Xp. I don't have any passwords on the accounts. When I first log in I dont' have a password, but when I switch users it asks for a password. I only does that if I switch users. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-switching-users-problem.535881/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all I've been browsing this forum off and on hunting for solutions to my many troubles with Vista over the last several months and I've finally had one that no one else seems to be having or solving For background problem Premium 32bit Home Arabic installation in - language SP2 pack? I am SP2 installation problem in Home Premium 32bit - Arabic language pack? running Home Premium bit on an HP laptop with SP currently installed When I SP2 installation problem in Home Premium 32bit - Arabic language pack? try to install Vista SP from my primary account I am the system administrator it informs me that 'Installation was not successful' due to to a 'system error' It then instructs me to run the quot Check for System Update Readiness quot tool CheckSUR to attempt to solve the problem which I have tried several times Not counting the time I installed it back in April when it first was released The error code in question was TRUST E NOSIGNATURE x b I have run through the entire list of options to try on the Microsoft official help page and have begun to try a few other things in order to solve the problem Most recently I attempted to install the service pack from Safe Mode where it informed me that the REAL problem was that I have a language pack installed that is not supported This confuses me because I don't recall ever installing the Arabic language pack have certainly never been to Saudi Arabia and don't speak or read Arabic The only language pack that shows up in the list of installed language packs when I run LPKSETUP as suggested on another thread here is English Though this WOULD undoubtedly explain why I've been seeing an optional update in my Windows Update dialog for Arabic language support for the Windows Help Needless to say I hid the update but it hasn't changed anything either Out of desperation I have even attempted to remove all the folders marked ar-SA from the Windows folder but this hasn't seemed to affect anything - the service pack still won't install and still gives the same error So you know what I've tried and something of what the problem is The other issue I've been having which may or may not be related is that my quot Turn Windows Features on or off quot dialog shows up blank Much to my annoyance But that's likely an issue for another thread And as it does not appear in Windows Update I have been trying to install SP from the Standalone installer Any help would be greatly appreciated - and thank you in advance

A:SP2 installation problem in Home Premium 32bit - Arabic language pack?

Is there anyone out there who can help me? I'm still struggling with the problem, and as Vista has been rather buggy for me lately I've started experimenting with Explorer alternatives. This has helped, amazingly, and quite a bit, but it's still only a stopgap measure. I need SP2, and the many fabled fixes it brings.

Still getting the same "due to a system error" message from my full boot. Should I try Safemode again, or is that just going to give me the same issue about the language pack? Does anyone know a way to get rid of one of those things?

Or should I just be waiting for the multi-language installation of SP2 in the hopes that that will work? Considering that I only have English listed as installed, though, that seems like a sad option. . .

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231027-sp2-installation-problem-home-premium-32bit-arabic-language-pack.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I ll be the first to admit I m not the most computer literate so maybe someone can help me My old computer used as a backup at work stopped working the power supply apparently went out and fried the motherboard I ve purchased a used machine and it said the hard drive had been wiped clean no operating system I thought I could just switch the hard drive from my old machine which had Windows XP on it into the machine I purchased However when I start it up I get a warning that quot something apparently has changed quot and offers the choice of going into safe mode last good configuration or simply to restart windows No matter what choice it just loops back to the same Solved: drives problem Switching hard choices Now I have noticed it may not be anything but it just didn t look right Solved: Switching hard drives problem to me When it s going through the startup process I see quot Primary Master Disk HDD S M A R T Capacity Disabled quot Does that sound correct If not how do I change it to enabled nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Let me start off by saying that I switch between both my parents houses every week taking the comp with me At my father s house Problem from wireless to cabled switching Solved: internet the internet is just fine and dandy and connected by cable At my mother Solved: Problem switching from wireless internet to cabled s house we have wireless internet and it has always been crappy but to the point where it was usable I play alot of online games and there are always lagspikes on what seems to be a regular interval Lately however it has started to get alot worse to the point where youtube takes mins to load a min video playing any online games is also impossible because I have about k ms seconds of delay kinda screws you over in competitive games So because this problem never existed at my father s house I figured perhaps switching to cable would fix it so we brought that exact same cable over here connected my comp to the router with it but it won t connect to the internet for some reason The error message says this I m losely translating this from dutch which my computer is set to so I hope it resembles the english error quot A connection cannot be made to the external primary DNS-server The external host was pinged by Networkcontrol but no answer was received quot Then it gives me these shiny buttons to click on that will allegedly fix the problem which I tried but to no avail It does say it s connected to an quot unknown network quot but there s no connection to the internet When I plug in the little wireless internet usb thingy the internet is back again but just as slow and terrible as before I also saw people asking for what quot ipconfig all quot gives which is this when the wireless internet is not connected but the cable is It s in dutch though sorry Windows IP-configuratie Hostnaam PC van Werner Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype hybride IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee Ethernet-adapter LAN-verbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft Loopback-adapter Fysiek adres - - C- F- F- DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Link-local IPv -adres fe b d b c voorkeur Automatisch geconf IPv -adres voorkeur Subnetmasker Standaardgateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv -client DUID - - - - - E- - - - - - -C - DNS-servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS via TCPIP ingeschakeld Ethernet-adapter LAN-verbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Fysiek adres - - - -C - DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Link-local IPv -adres fe f b b e c voorkeur IPv -adres voorkeur Subnetmasker Standaardgateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv -client DUID - - - - - E- - - - - - -C - DNS-servers NetBIOS via TCPIP ingeschakeld Tunnel-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysiek adres - - - - E- DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving isatap B C - - D -B F- br E Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Hope someone can make some sense of this nbsp

A:Solved: Problem switching from wireless internet to cabled

Try a dynamic connection for the ethernet ...

To configure a dynamic IP address on your Windows Vista or 7 computer:

1. Click Start.
2. Select Network, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections or Change adapter settings from the list of tasks.
3. Right click the connection of interest and click Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
6. Select Obtain DNS Server address automatically.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-switching-from-wireless-internet-to-cabled.1008953/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello After struggling for several hours on my own I ve decided to seek help on my networking problem I will run down what caused the problem aside from my own cluelessness and the order of events I have several screenshots I will post for the sake of clarity My system specs are listed in my signature below Dxdiag attachment is included if needed Current cannot IP Solved: with computers - see to Problem My now dynamic network switching other back Problem a My computer can only get online now if I input a static Solved: Problem with switching back to dynamic IP - My other computers cannot see network now IP Switching back to Dynamic IP setting gives me the Vista quot unidentified network Solved: Problem with switching back to dynamic IP - My other computers cannot see network now quot error I am still not very familiar with Vista as my computer is new b My other two computers cannot get online at all now much to my husband and daughter s discontent whereas before I changed my ip to a static address they connected just fine Sequence of events Initially I had only two computers on my home internet network one connected directly to my Linksys router via ethernet cable and one connected via wireless ethernet card When I got my new computer I hooked it up to the router also with an ethernet cable For a short glorious time all three computers co-habited in peaceful DSL connectivity To shorten the story at this point I decided to change my IP address to a static IP so as to port forward for a program When I ran cmd and entered ipconfig all to write down my ip info current ip address subnet mask default gateway and DNS servers I happened to note that even with all of the musical chairs my computers went through when I switched out network cards and such the ip info was the same as I remembered it from times before when I had done port forwarding and switched to static ip addresses Next I proceeded to follow online instructions to change ip to static address in Vista Manage Network Connections - gt right click to get to properties of my connection - gt then properties of TCP IPv - gt change to static IP in the usual manner I tested my connection and found that it worked perfectly Sadly after this my other computers suddenly were unable to access the internet My laptop from work which had previously connected wirelessly with ease to my network now showed an error which said something to the effect of quot Unable to connect Limited Connection quot The other two computers with older OS s just refused to connect I figured right away that somehow in changing my ip to a static address I had changed quot something quot or caused some conflict that I didn t understand being a total Vista noob I went back in and changed my settings back to autoconfigure THIS caused my own computer not to connect at all now I received my very first look the now dreaded quot Unidentified Network quot error message see below for screenshot This has perplexed me because obviously before I changed my ip to static it had been dynamic and I connected great and so did all of my other pet computers So at this point no one could connect I ran cmd again and ipconfig all and noticed that my dynamic settings were totally different from what I remember A different dynamic ip a different subnet mask and no default gateway at all see below for screenshot Prior to this even with my ip set to autoconfigure it always used to be the same one Needing to connect to the internet to surf for solutions I again set my ip to a static address and viola instant connection But I am still left unable to figure out how to reconnect my other computers to the network as they no longer seem to see the network even though the signal is there Also it seems that I should be able to choose to set my ip to autoconfigure for a dynamic ip address AND still be able to connect to the internet I am extremely perplexed Here are some screenshots I tried to sort of eliminate actual ip info while still showing... Read more

A:Solved: Problem with switching back to dynamic IP - My other computers cannot see network now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-switching-back-to-dynamic-ip-my-other-computers-cannot-see-network-now.700497/
Relevancy 50.74%

Operating system Windows Ultimate x fully updated I believe the files in question came from the old Bioshock demo and thus SecuROM System specs Probably not relevant but just in case AMD Athlon X ASUS A N-SLI Premium nVidia GeForce x in SLi GB RAM for some reason Big ol' noisy-assed PSU The drive in question is my system drive hence trying to keep it clean a Files Securom Arabic/greek Hidden can't [SOLVED] = delete? + of characters Catch22 + SATA GB Western Digital Raptor Problem description I've got the common problem of having an undeletable Windows [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? old folder left over by evil SecuROM but I'm having an absolute Weston getting rid of this one A combination of corrupted non-standard filenames stuck attributes and the fact that MS-DOS [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? wildcard commands suck has left me tearing my hair out I have a horrible nagging suspicion that I'm in a Catch Attempted fixes All the below is being done as Administrator where applicable Using the official SecuROM Removal Tool Running in safe mode Using file unlockers such as Lockhunter Using third-party force-delete utilities such as Delete Doctor None of these work and I believe all for the same reason - Windows can't delete these files for some reason other than an already running process Here's where it gets a bit [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? more complex Going to town on this thing in the command prompt It felt like trying to get my AUTOEXEC BAT and CONFIG SYS working for the Eldar Scrolls Arena from back in the day The first problem was that the entire directory tree was hidden in the command prompt and Explorer ATTRIB -H didn't work However ATTRIB ActualDirectoryName -H did work strangely I'm told that this is because wildcards don't always work for some maddening reason As such I now have successfully unhidden all the nested directories Just blacking out the wife's name However the actual files which are causing the problems are still hidden The reason for this is that they have fruity non-standard filenames like the following little gem Terrific This means that in DOS they look like this I'm using DIR A H here because it's the only way to get any sign that the file exists at all Even the DIR X command doesn't seem to help here Trying to delete unhide or rename the file from here using the autocomplete version of the filename doesn't work resulting in the following cycle of joy So I can't unhide rename delete it in DOS because of its fruity filename and I can't rename it in Explorer because it's hidden beyond Explorer's ability to reveal DEL and similar also don't work - again apparantly because the wildcard function struggles to deal with such unusual filenames or something Even ICACLS doesn't seem to help although there may be helpful ways of using it I don't know about The only application which seemed to get anywhere was Disk Investigator v which at least successfully saw the files in question Even that couldn't actually open edit them though Thumbnail for size So - does anyone know some command prompt function or Really-Hardcore-See-And-Delete-The-File exe-type utility which may help me here Or am I being a doof and missing something really easy Pre-emptive big thanks to you guys for being around to help out with this nonsense

A:[SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete?

Hi -

Download/ install delinvfile --> http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/dldelinv.htm

Run it at elevated admin level - RIGHT-click, "Run as Admin"

Also --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933212

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-arabic-greek-characters-hidden-files-securom-catch22-of-cant-delete-467464.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys First of all I Off, and and Running Slow, off AVG Itself Really Switching on Firewall Switching Windows On itself Computer would like to thank you in advance for your help and assistance I have both DDS reports but for some reason everytime I run the RootRepeal programme it never finishes I let it run for hours last night and it never got to the end Anyhow here are the DDS reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by david at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off D D BF Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings david Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c windows system sdra exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB BED - B- BC- E-C C DD F - No File TB D D -C B- BD-AE - A BC FA - No File TB CBE -C B- F- BC- CBB E D - No File TB amp Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - TB BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB BED - B- BC- E-C C DD F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRun Power GoExpress quot c program files cyberlink power go Power GoExpress exe quot IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C - hxxp messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - hxxps support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp fpdownload mac... Read more

A:Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off

Hi,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT
Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279063/computer-running-really-slow-avg-switching-itself-on-and-off-windows-firewall-switching-itself-on-and-off/
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear all,
As per attached file, I am using the select tool to copy the text from the pdf then paste it in word.
But the pasted text doesn't show in Arabic as per the .pdf file.
I've tried all the fonts available with no success.
Any help will be most appreciated.

A:Arabic PDF

It won't , unless you have the arabic fonts on your computer for word to use
That is why PDF is sused as it doesn't require the user to have the fonts on their computer
Think of a PDF as a photograph of a page and you will get the idea

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arabic-pdf.973144/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I hope I am posting in the right place.

I need to transform my existing Logitech keyboard which has a German layout into one that can type into Arabic. Is there a way I can do so? I saw many stickers with Arabic alphabets for keyboards. Are these of use?

Looking forward to your help. Thank you.

A:Typing in Arabic

Hi this may also be of help just make sure you select the correct language How to change your keyboard layout

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/typing-in-arabic-676210.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi

I have a form where two languages be entered at the same time, I have got the words and text entered in english and arabic , but when it comes to numbers and dates , it just stays as english . I tried through the control panel and change the neccassary but still the numbers stays english. If I completely in the control panel changed to arabic, all the english date and numbers are in arabic.

Is there a way that when pressing the ALT SHIFT the numerical also change to arabic ( text is fine in arabic ).

A:Arabic numbers

First, what program are you using?

it happens when you dont have an arabic font installed and selected as your text style. For example, if your default font is Times and you switch to arabic keyboard, it will let you type arabic but won't type the arabic numerals.

if you are typing in word, try to change over to an arabic font (not Adobe Arabic).

P.S. you will be able to type english numbers when you switch the keyboard to english and your font is an arabic font.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arabic-numbers.1127959/
Relevancy 43.43%

Dear Seven forums team,
greatings from cairo
how can i fix arabic system for windows 7 in my sony lab top on line ?

thanks
ali allam

A:arabic system

Please clarify your problem, and if possible post necessary screenshots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/176736-arabic-system.html
Relevancy 43.43%

is RC support Arabic keyboard input guys ... or not

can i read and write arabic in it just like beta

i'm using windows 7 build 7057 now and it support arabic ... pls. tel me

A:Arabic language

You can still change the keyboard to write in Arabic. Whether or not you can read Arabic, I dunno But the OS isn't available in Arabic per this statement

Quote:
*Note: If you used the Hindi or Arabic language versions of the Beta, thank you for helping us test those languages. Because the RC is not available in Hindi or Arabic, we encourage you to either install Windows 7 RC in another language or reinstall a prior version of Windows before the Beta expires on August 1, 2009.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8685-arabic-language.html
Relevancy 43.43%

the language bar in the taskbar is disappered although it's enabled on the regional settings and the arabic language is installed but I can't type or change the keyboard to any other languages

any advice....

A:Can't type in Arabic

Hi aysha,

Take a look at the following Tutorial (and its related links): Keyboard Input Language

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/199559-cant-type-arabic.html
Relevancy 43%

i just bought a new laptop with windows 7. its the first time i use windows 7 and the new microsoft word.
i googled how to change the language to arabic, but for some reason when u go menu-> word options -> advanced-> show document content, the part that is supposed to change the language isnt there.
what do i do?

A:how to add arabic to microsoft word?

I hope this might help you..

You have to add additional editing language... as shown here

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/97678-how-add-arabic-microsoft-word.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi all you savvy experts,

I recently bought a Toshiba Laptop in Saudi Arabia. It came pre-installed with an Arabic version of windows 7.

I have managed to change most of the language options to English under the control panel, but the core of windows is still Arabic, I see this with the welcome message in the beginning and some install/uninstall and error messages.

After contacting Microsoft support, they said that I should contact the manufacturer (Toshiba) and ask for a new OS in English.

Can anyone help me?

Kind regards,
Francois

A:Arabic to English Windows 7

Hi

As far as I know you have two options:
1/try to order original recovery installation disc on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
2/you must install own OS version using original Microsoft installation disc

If you use option 2 you must buy Microsoft disc and pay valid licence for it. All necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can download from Toshiba download page http://www.toshibamea.com/en/Download-Files

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77159-Arabic-to-English-Windows-7
Relevancy 43%

I m an American living in Saudi Arabia Recently when I type http www google com some filter automatically adds sa on the end and Google comes up in Arabic I m wondering if Google sees the quot provider quot has sa and is now trying to be helpful which is very UNhelpful by assuming I want Arabic I have English checked under PREFERENCES but my choice of English Arabic up Google in start is Google start up in Arabic only retained for that particular session In order to get English to start with I have to type http www google com webhp or http www google com intl en -- all very annoying when I m Google start up in Arabic used to simply typing the word quot google quot and pressing Ctrl-Enter It USED to be that if I had ENGLISH choosen as my Interface Language Google would Google start up in Arabic come up in English and then I would have a choice to quot Go to Google Saudi Arabia quot - which would give me Arabic I have to choose quot Google com in English quot now I have COOKIES enabled - so these preferences should be being saved I can t seem to find anything in the Google tech support to shed light on my problem Any ideas Thanks - Sandi nbsp

A:Google start up in Arabic

Sometimes just clearing out all your cookies and Temporary Internet Files helps clear things up. Give that a try. It certainly won't hurt.

You could also type http://www.google.com/en and put it in your favorites. Then you don't have to type it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-start-up-in-arabic.454290/
Relevancy 43%

I just installed the Arabic keyboard through the Control Panel->Keyboard settings.

Arabic is written right to left unlike English. When writing on Microsoft word, the letters were written in the correct order, but the words are not being place in the correct order i.e. the next word is being placed to the right of the previous word when it should be on the left. The cursor is the correct type for right to left typing.

Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

A:Typing in Arabic issues

Try this

1. Go to "Word Options"
2. Popular > Language Settings
3. Select your preferred language, click "Add" to add Arabic
4. Change your "Primary Editing Languge" to Arabic
5. Restart MS Word.

BTW, what version of Office you use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/111115-typing-arabic-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

I have sent 2 screen shots in the attachments. I have not changed (that I'm aware of) anything that would change the text to Arabic. I have tried to go in and change in the region and language but its not working. Last time I even looked at the zip files they were in English.
I run McAfee for my virus protection and come up with no viruses.
I run Win 7 ultimate 32 bit operating system
I just want the Arabic OFF my computer. Any help would be great!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399330-win-32-winrar-zip-files-arabic.html
Relevancy 43%

My computer doesnt support the Arabic language he on the soft ware although I have the Arabic feature on my computer

A:How I can support the Arabic language

Multilingual User Interface (MUI) are packages from Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications that allow for the installation of multiple interface languages on a single system.

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/muifaq.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-i-can-support-the-arabic-language.611587/
Relevancy 43%

I finally recovered my E-mail address which was hacked. But the page is in Arabic. How can I change it to English?

A:Change from Arabic to English

Another issue is still there. I need to changa a phone number to receive security code because the number on file is out of date. There is no option for me to change it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/change-from-arabic-to-english-653879.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I have a bit of a strange problem with my HP Pavilion notebook which I find a little irritating, Instead of surfing using my Administrator account, for security reasons I created a standard user account for run of the mill tasks, which would be fine, apart from the fact that any google listing that appears on my screen comes along with what seems to be some kind of Arabic translation, and also the listings are indented from the right hand side instead of the left, this problem does not occur with my administrator account, also when I switch between my administrator and user accounts I have to disconnect the USB mouse and re-connect it before it will work. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Arabic translations on web searches

OK, I've got an update on this problem: As far as the Arabic bit goes, it seems to be a Opera problem (does not occur using Firefox). As for the problem with the mouse locking up after changing users, I found a (Fix)!!! the fix goes: if it is an HP laptop/notebook this is caused by the hpqwmiex.exe service, if you disable the service from msconfig the problem disappears, this does not work, it is easier just to disconnect/reconnect the mouse when changing users, bye the way the track pad us unaffected by this problem!.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364453/arabic-translations-on-web-searches/
Relevancy 43%

hi,
today i was searching for a tv show on google and opened many sites for it and suddenly this came

now whenever i login this message comes,not able to load task manager.

plz help.

A:Arabic message at startup

Hello darknight99 and welcome to Seven Forums.

My first guess would be your computer picked up some malware. Update and run a full scan with your resident antivirus and antispyware. Then run a couple of on-demand scanners (all free) like Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, SuperAntispyware, Comodo Cleaning Essentials, etc. On-demand scanners offer another layer of security because there's no such thing as an antimalware product that's 100% effective 100% of the time. If there was such a thing we'd all be using it.

I looked up the IP address showing in your screen shot. It comes back to Pakistan Telecommunication Company LTD in Punjab. Do you have any connection with that company like are they your internet provider?

IP Address: 182.185.180.162

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221518-arabic-message-startup.html
Relevancy 43%

How i write arabic numbers (12345 in arabic style) in ms office 2007 with window 7

A:How i write arabic numbers

Hello Aali and welcome to Seven Forums.

If I understand your question, you'd like to use Hindi to display numbers and possibly text. This Microsoft article may help:

Microsoft Products and Arabic Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/161673-how-i-write-arabic-numbers.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I am trying to get the Arabic Phonetic keyboard, but I was not able to find it. Is it pre-installed in Windows 7, or do I need to install it? If so, does anyone know of any links for installation?

A:Arabic Phonetic Keyboard?

Found a possible site that may help, If you use the Fontboard Arabic Keyboard

Hope this helps.

Still Learning, Learning Still

Curtis

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/205811-arabic-phonetic-keyboard.html
Relevancy 43%

HI
Where can I find vista SP1 for Arabic language ???
I read it will be available on April 9th .
But I can not find it!!!

A:vista SP1 for arabic language

Not yet released... I'm waiting for the Norwegian version

*Checking WU every 10minuttes for the last 2days*

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/146161-vista-sp1-arabic-language.html
Relevancy 43%

Im KVM problem switching running pc s from one monitor using a belkin -port KVM switch st pc is an Athlon ATI radeon x gig ram nd pc is an Athlon xp Radeon gig ram When i kick up my bit system and switch over with the KVM switch nothing happens and just goes into standby This hasnt always happened and has only recently become a problem Ive recently had problems with bad ram and have corrected that so have ruled that out I thought it might have bin a graphics driver issue with my ATI x so i did a full re install with windows xp with service pack put on the latest drivers and im still having the same problem Im thinking it might be a refresh rate problem as when my games are on it works fine bin running GRAW battlefield rainbow six vegas KVM switching problem all ok exept for it was KVM switching problem crashing RSV quite alot but figured that to be a drivers issue with radeon amp omega drivers as removing radeon drivers for me is a nightmare recently Im at the moment using my athlon xp and if i boot up the other pc and swith over using the KVM nothing will happen and it will go into standby mode and ideas will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:KVM switching problem

What model Belkin?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kvm-switching-problem.598929/
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys,
I recently got a problem with my computer directly after attempting to replace my RAM. Once I replaced the RAM and plugged the computer back in, I got a long, repetitive beeping noise coming from the computer. In addition, none of its external ports, such as USB or the monitor appear to work. I tried replacing the RAM with the old ones, but I got the same result. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

One more thing. When I do start it up, it seems everything inside is functional. I can hear the fan spinning. I see all of the lights on the outside, and the cd drives work.

Relevancy 43%

I have two different software programs that have this problem. If I have one or both of them open along with other programs simultaneously (like Excel, for example), and I want to switch to Excel from the program, I have to press alt-tab twice rather than just once. When I'm switching back and forth often, this double pressing of alt-tab becomes a real headache. How can this be fixed? I use a 2 GHz Pentium 4 operating WinXP Pro.

Thanks.

Al

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alt-tab-switching-problem.374751/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have a current issue with my Acer Aspire M7720 desktop running on W7.

This problem started last saturday. When I pressed the power button, it doesn't respond. Only after much going through the process of plugging and unplugging all the usb and power supply, together with much spamming of the power button, then it would switch on. Anyone can help me cause I don't think this is a good way of trying to switch on my computer.
Thanks

A:Problem switching on CPU

Can you explain what happens when you press the power button please? Do you get any lights appear, can you hear the computer doing anything?

It sounds like it could be a faulty power switch, but need more information to confirm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-switching-on-cpu.168077/
Relevancy 43%

I am moving house and my ISP Virgin will not transfer their service to my new area because Virgin now only supports fibre optic connections I have agreed a new ISP contract and email address and I have emailed everyone in my address book to advise them of my new email from the end of the month So far so good However what with switching ISP. Problem do I do about all the web sites such as Amazon eBay and all the Forums etc that I Problem with switching ISP. am registered with The new ISP takes over from the old ISP on the same day The day I move house So if I want to change my registration details how do I go about it If I log in after the changeover date the website will not recognise my email address because I have a new ISP and email If I log in before changeover Problem with switching ISP. and register the new email the web site will not recognize the new email because the new ISP will not have taken over I am registered with dozens of sites and I really do not want to have to re-register with all these sites Am I missing something here Any advice would be appreciated I could set up a new email account with Gmail Hotmail or Outlook com now and register with the web sites but I really don't want to do this Are any of these free email providers better than the others I really do not need this in the middle of moving Any help appreciated

A:Problem with switching ISP.

You shouldn't have a problem logging into those other sites, it's only a login on their site, once you get your new email you can change it after logging in with your old one.

You have to go through the hassle of changing it anyway, they will just want you to confirm it by sending you an email to your new address.

I almost switched ISP's a while back so I know what you're going through, I went around and changed my email just about everywhere, it was a hassle.

Places like Amazon and EBay would the first ones to do, then the forums. You don't have to re-register with all of them just change your email in the account settings of each one.

I have Outlook and Gmail both so they are good alternatives if you want to start changing things now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/347683-problem-switching-isp.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Im using adobe photoshop 7.0,but if i create a text in arabic font,text is movin from left to right (as english) so the whole text is reversed... its unreadable in arabic...Im using XP home edition...Plz suggest a solution...

A:Adobe photoshop arabic support

You might be able to get some advice from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/phonenumbers/middleeast.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-photoshop-arabic-support.273779/
Relevancy 42.57%

please help me

i have xp sp3 i found that the fonts of the windows changed i tried but failed i reinstall xp as repair the fonts of the windows returned back
but in internet explorer still arabic words misconfigured i uninstall
the internet explorer and reinstall but still some arabic wors are misconfigured

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/arabic-fonts-is-not-correct-in-explorer-321017.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey there, I was hoping you guys could help me out real quick. I just installed Windows 7 Professional yesterday and after enabling Arabic as a second language it only lets me type the characters "عربية" and not the letters "1234" I got it setup so it does allow typing of the numbers in Arabic in office as well, but if i copy it into another program such as firefox or IE, they turn back into English numbers.

Please help.

A:Arabic Typing.. but no numbers/non-office

here are some screen shots as to what happens:

http://ju.chearon.net/up/junkyard/77786_arabword.jpg -- typing into word
http://ju.chearon.net/up/junkyard/74655_arabic.jpg -- pasting into firefox

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/33404-arabic-typing-but-no-numbers-non-office.html
Relevancy 42.57%

how to enable numeric number in Arabic in outlook 2010.But alphabet is possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389800-how-enable-numeric-number-arabic.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey everyone,

Working on an Inspiron 6000 laptop running WinXP MCE. It had over a hundred infections that have been taken care of. The remaining problem is that in some system screens, the text appears to be in arabic. I've checked the regional settings in control panel but find nothing wrong. Pics of what it looks like attached. Any ideas?

A:XP partially displaying text in Arabic?

Do you have Office installed? Do you have the Language tool bar near your system tray? If not Right click the Taskbar and choose Toolbar, and put a check in Language Bar. Here you will have other options to toggle between 2 languages or to set it to one language.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-partially-displaying-text-in-arabic-373473.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Dear friends,

I have an application developed in vb 6.0 with ms access as back end. In a table itemmaster i am inserting item description both in english and arabic. The data is saved and retrieved in the textbox controls and grids of form. But when generating report using datareport that fields do not retrieve data in the arabic font. I have already done the font settings of text field in report to arial unicode MS and script to arabic.

Please help me..... to solve this problem... Pls tell me is it possible to display arabic data in datareport...
Urgently need...solution...

yours sincerely....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-display-arabic-data-in-datareport.606359/
Relevancy 42.57%

after resetting my pc, text were all written in arabic, pls i want to change it back to english language

A:how to change from arabic to english language in my hp pro 3...

Watch the following video on changing the display language in Windows 8.  Pay particular attention to the icons. The icons are the one thing that does not change , regardless of the display language installed. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-to-change-from-arabic-to-english-language-in-my-hp-pro/td-p/5575917
Relevancy 42.57%

XP and vista had keyboard layouts for arabic + digits, so you could use the hindi digits.

It seems in w7, you can only choose arabic 101 without digits, no matter which country you choose, so there's no way for me to type the hindi digits like
٠ ٩ ٨ ٧ ٦ ٥ ٤ ٣ ٢ ١

what to do??? Where is this layout so I can have arabic characters and hindi digits?

A:Where is arabic keyboard layout with DIGITS in w7???

Quote: Originally Posted by tedtlogan

XP and vista had keyboard layouts for arabic + digits, so you could use the hindi digits.

It seems in w7, you can only choose arabic 101 without digits, no matter which country you choose, so there's no way for me to type the hindi digits like
٠ ٩ ٨ ٧ ٦ ٥ ٤ ٣ ٢ ١

what to do??? Where is this layout so I can have arabic characters and hindi digits?

Dont know if Hindi is included, but you can read our tutorial written by our Administrator Brink

Format Regional Language - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47864-where-arabic-keyboard-layout-digits-w7.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm running Windows 7 on a five-year old Dell Dimension E520. Because of my work I'm using MS Word 97-2003. (Don't ask!) I write in English, but have Italian and French installed to toggle occasionally. I never installed Arabic. BUT as soon as I type the keyboard flips to Arabic. I change it back, it flips again. I'm going insane. In Control Panel/Languages, etc. it only shows EN, IT, and FR as installed. BUT on the toolbar, lower right corner it shows EN, IT, FR, and AR. I can't get rid of it. I can't remove it from Control Panel/Languages, etc. because it isn't listed. I've run avast anti-virus, and two malware scans, malwarebytes and super-antispyware. Nothing shows up. Anyone, I would appreciate any help possible. Thanking you in advance

A:EN keyboard defaults to Arabic-but never installed

What is your Windows location?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/en-keyboard-defaults-to-arabic-but-never-installed.1121835/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am currently having a problem entering Arabic names and numbers into my contact database on Salesforce. I have tried to solve it using Salesforce's suggestions but have not succeeded. Their suggestions included:

Unicode 8 and 16: Although I had originally used 16bit and the problem remained.

Any other suggestions still end up with an issue regarding unicode. However, I have tried using both 8 and 16 and nothing works. Thus far, Salesforce have not been helpful so I would greatly appreciate any help here.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/salesforce-arabic-encoding-issue.1101485/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, When I change users on my HP Pavilion notebook and then do a google search, my listings comes along with an Arabic (or some other eastern language) translation, which I don't really want, also the google listings page is indented from the right instead of the left, this I have found seems to be an Opera problem as it does not occur using Firefox (see my post in the Vista forum! yes, I posted in the wrong place), this does not occur using my administrator account.
Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364478/arabic-translations-in-google-listings/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

A friend of mine has Windows XP SP2. But its in arabic. Is there anyway to convert it into English. We tried going to Control Panel and Language Options but no English was available there.

Is reintsalling XP the only option? Thanx in advance

Relevancy 42.14%

last week i put my computer on the internet for a day or two (first time ever). i installed firefox, ad-aware and the modem to connect (adsl modem). now every five minutes the computer switches back to the desktop (like pushing alt tab) i don't know what's wrong. i checked for spyware, viruses => clean. i stopped obsolete processes in task manager. i deleted all the programs i installed in the first place. the computer is not connected to the internet nor a network anymore. what can be causing this problem? it's a dell D505, 512MB RAM, Pentium M 1.3 GHz. and i'm running windows XP professional.

Relevancy 42.14%

I have 2 Windows 8.1 PCs and have the same problem on both. When I switch from one user account to another then back to the original account, I just get the rotating circle and can't do anything. The problem is solved by logging off and on again. SFC /SCANNOW shows no problems.

Has anyone any ideas on what may be the problem?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I'm using an Acer Travelmate 6293 that runs on windows xp pro sp3. Recently, i messed up my shell files so I decided to reinstall xp using Acer's built in erecovery tool that has a factory image of my laptop in a hidden partition. The recovery process went well. However, when my bios is set in IDE mode, a blue screen is shown immediately after the windows xp progress bar appears. My laptop works fine in ahci. How do i successfully switch xp back to ide mode.

As for full version windows xp set up disks, my laptop never came with any. What i have is a set of recovery disks made using Acer's erecovery tool.

Although i prefer AHCI mode, i'm sharing this laptop with my cousin (who owns this laptop and wants it in ide mode)

Any help will be appreciated

Regards,
doggos

Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys recent problem here with switching usernames There s three accounts on my computer all with no passwords About three weeks ago a strange thing has been happening the first time you start your computer and log into one of the three accounts it ll log you in no problem Then when you go and switch users it will prompt for a password that was never created and won t let you log in So With Users. Problem Switching I restarted the computer and then I put some simple passwords on the accounts thinking it would work Well the same thing happened The first time you log in after a bootup it Problem With Switching Users. works but then you get Problem With Switching Users. locked out again once you try switching users again This is where it gets even stranger The problem stopped you could switch users fine quot Alright quot I said quot it s finally over quot I was wrong once you restart the computer it went back to locking me out I m so confused about this and it s really frustrating I ve tried virus scans and there appears to be no problems with anything like that I really need some assistance here

A:Problem With Switching Users.

Try going to users in the control panel and click on switch the way users log on or off.

Whichever way you have it set, change to the other.

After you do that reboot, then go back to users and switch back.

Let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73879/problem-with-switching-users/
Relevancy 42.14%

needing help on switching users. when i go to start, then log off, and then select switch users nothing happens. it works if i log off but then all of my programs that were running shut down. i cant get it to go to the login screen that comes up when you select switch users. please help me its driving me crazy.

thanks in advance

Relevancy 42.14%

XP home SP all up to date with windows updatespybotSurer AntispywareAVG freespyware blasterHi Guys I have recently introduced new user profiles to my PC it will usually log into the first user with out a problem but if I try to switch users or log out and back in as someone else Explorer doesnt seem to finish loading It just seems to freeze with no icons Problem Users Switching in the task bar If I bring up task Manager it says running process but only are visable Explorer exe is included in the but it will not end task and if I try to run Explorer exe again nothing happens So I Problem Switching Users try to log off through Task manager and I just get a black screen and have to do a hard shutdown I have run all my maleware programssfc scannowand chkdskCan you think of anything else i can tryBTW I am just recovering from Problem Switching Users a backdoor Trojan all clean now thanks to Buddy in the antivirus forum would there be temp files or services running that shouldnt be left behind by the trojan Thanks for any advice

A:Problem Switching Users

OK dont worry Guys, I know it was a strange problem, maybe my PC just isnt powerfull enough to handle more than 1 user, so I have now deleted the other log in names, it was just too much of a headache.
Now I am just left with my name there.
Now, how do I get into my account without having to click on my name (hope yopu know what I mean)
I just want the pc to boot to my desktop like it used to without me clicking on my name.
Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104643/problem-switching-users/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone I have some serious problem with my lcd panel or graphic card still not sure so the thing is it turns itself off for like seconds and then back on and everything is fine till next time it happens lcd is a samsung n and graphic card is a palit geforce the thing is that the card doesnt itself monitor switching off problem: have a fan - just a radiator it came like this stock so what you guys think is more probable - lcd problem: monitor switching itself off damage or graphic card overheating and one more thing about the lcd - there appeared some small grey dot on it its like x pixels no its not a dead pixel and its grey NOT black not red or any other subpixel color but grey looks like the screen is dirty but its not cleanable what can it be could it possibly be fixed if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it btw that was problem: monitor switching itself off my first post so please no flaming if I did something wrong nbsp

A:problem: monitor switching itself off

Simple way to troubleshoot this problem is to swap monitors first. A blemish on the LCD screen cannot be fixed... If you can't clean it off

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-monitor-switching-itself-off.78947/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have Fast User Switching enabled, yet every time I use the "Winkey+L" function, it goes to the classic screen with the "This computer is in use and has been locked" message.
im not in any network, i have two accounts, plus the admin account, and the guest account is disabled. any help?

A:switching users problem

Fast user switching can block a number of items although I have never heard of your problem.Does this key combination work with FUS turned off. If so turn it off ,then check Microsoft to see if there is a work around .You may not need it anyway,I have found it isn't worth it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-users-problem.16108/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have Windows XP Pro SP1

When I try to switch users the computer automatically restarts.

There are 4 users on the computer and it is not part of a LAN, or any other network.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I'm having a problem with switching servers I think. Where I live there are a number of Linksys 10/100 16 port VPN routers providing internet through out the house.

I have problems with certain websites and games, they both involve passwords and user names and I think switching servers or receiving information from other servers causes me to disconnect. Yet for both instances I can log in when the stars are aligned but for the majority of the time I'm denied access.

I have tried removing the firewall and forwarding ports but that doesn't work either

If I could help with this it would mean the world for me thanks.

A:Server switching problem!

bump................

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-switching-problem.723177/
Relevancy 42.14%

Here's my situation: when switching from one user to another, the monitor goes black, then large letters come on that say PC Self Diagnosis Y or N? It then goes completely black causing us to reboot. Also, the light on the monitor blinks on and off. It does not seem to be a hardware problem. Can anyone offer any advice?

A:Switching Users Problem

What happens if you click "Y"?Does it try to sell you a program to correct the problem? (open your browser and take you to a webpage)If so, it is malware, and you should install, update and run Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy and the Microsoft Anti-malware beta to try to get rid of malware infestations that may be present in your computer.AdAware SE (get the freeware version although they will keep attempting to sell you an upgrade):http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/Spybot S&D (freeware): http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.htmlMicrosoft Antispyware Beta (freeware): http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43236/switching-users-problem/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

We are running XP Pro and recently a yellow window will come up when I try to switch users. It says "Attention Signal Frequency is out of Range"
H:68.6kHz
V:85.1Hz
"Please change signal timing"

And then the computer locks up.

What the heck do I do about that??

Thanks for any help,
Binkey

p.s. This website ROCKS!!!

A:Switching User problem

Thats a problem with your video adapter and it could be because the user you are trying to change to has set the video settings outside the range of the software or your monitor. Try rebooting in Safe Mode and changing the video settings for that user. If you suspect a game may have made those settings then uninstall that game. Failing that you may need to uninstall the drivers for your video adapter and then reinstall them again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14294/switching-user-problem/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

I am using a switching cable to control 2 pcs with one monitor, mouse & keyboard

The model is digitus and seesm to light up corectly showing which PC it is controlling.

Both PC's work OK independently.

Problem is that it will only show monitor of PC1 from boot up. Switches to PC2 OK but as soon as I switch back to PC1 it shows blank screen.

Monitor is OK when I switch back to PC2. The only way I can get PC1 back is to power off both PC's and boot up PC1
Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

Newbie here, I hope this is the right place for this post, if not I apologize. The problem I am having is that I tried to installed Office 2007 the other day and Outlook was unresponsive. All other office programs worked fine. I un-installed office 2007 and reloaded Office 2003. Now everything works fine when I am logged into XP. The problem is that when my wife logs into her profile, no programs work and the computer locks up and has to be rebooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Altron

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/switching-user-problem-156366.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have reinstalled widnows, but when I click switch user, it returns to the welcome screen as normal, but when I try and log into anotehr account, the screen either 1)Goes black with a flashing white cursor in the top left corner for a while before returning to the welcome screen or 2) Flashes blank and stays in the welcome screen

I Haven't got a clue what is causing this!
Appreciate any help given,
Richard John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-user-problem.203377/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

When I power the Pc up everything works except the display, I have no OS as this is a project build.

Basically what is happening is the screen is black but on rare occasions I receive one beep and the post screen appears but only stays on for maybe 5 seconds and goes off again, It will keep doing this in a loop.

I have tried the following parts from my working machine, memory, dvd drive, cd drive, psu, but the problem still exists.

When it does post on the rare occasion, I can press delete and enter the setup and the screen does not flash.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Problem with display when switching Pc on.

Check all your hardware and cable connections to make sure that they are all firmly seated. Next, what type of cable are you using to connect the monitor to the PC?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127962-problem-display-when-switching-pc.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I ve had this problem for a long time now Every once in a while I will set out on a google quest to find the answer but I haven t succeded yet The problem is that whenever I quot switch user quot win L out of my account for someone else to log on their account when they try logging off my monitor acts like if I was putting the computer into sleep Problem switching users when mode That is it goes black and some messages come up on the screen saying the usual quot check power etc quot messages and the light flashes The computer continues to run and there is no way of restoring my screen so I am forced to press the main power button on the computer tower I am running windows xp professional sp My video card is nvidia geforce fx Pentium GHz BG RAM I run zone alarm and AVG in the background I have not always had this problem I don t remember when it started but it has been a long time now I would say at least months Appreciate any suggestions or information nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am in Canada with my phone line setup with primus ca but dsl internet with company called tamko I decided to switch from tamko dsl to primus dsl my phone line is with primus So primus said you have to cancel the dsl service from tamko first I did that and last week Monday the dsl service from tamko cut Primus processed the order on Tuseday last week and on Friday they said your internet dsl is active I called back and I said I don t see any dsl company problem Switching dsl to another from singnal on my modem They opened a ticket Today I called again and informed them that there still no dsl signal in my modem They said you might have internal wiring problem and we need to verify that they also said if the technical guy found Switching dsl from company to another problem a Switching dsl from company to another problem problem then you need to pay for the visit if not then we continue investigation I told them just last week I had dsl service how Switching dsl from company to another problem is it possible my internal wiring is damaged in just days So I was wondering what should I do because I don t want to mess up my phone line and I think there is some misleading facts here I mean should I pay for internal wiring even though my phone line is working and just few days a dsl service was running fine nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to help a friend with his computer. Problem is he has a laptop that is set up in arabic, that is the filenames, the settings options and everything appears in arabic. It is not just the keyboard input, which is set up to use different languages through the regional and language settings in the control panel. I dont understand arabic, so is there a way to make the computer start displaying everything in english so that I can see what going on, and then have a way to set it back to being arabic?

A:Need to convert an arabic displaying computer to english

If it's Windows 7 Enterprise and Ultimate, you can get Multilingual User Interface Pack: http://windows7center.com/tutorials/how-to...acks-mui-packs/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293722/need-to-convert-an-arabic-displaying-computer-to-english/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, Can anyone PLEASE, help me get my Hotmail E/Mail Account back from whom ever has got into it and changed it to ARABIC??? Need ENGLISH???
Thank you, everyone . . .

A:Hotmail E/Mail Account Stuck in Arabic??

Windows Live Hotmail Toolbar>Options or sign in to your Hotmail Account and select Options>Personal (on left)>Language>Choose and OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hotmail-e-mail-account-stuck-in-arabic-641343.html
Relevancy 42.14%

when some one send me email in Arabic not all the text appears correctly especially in the title or in the attached file
it shows up as attached image " capture.png"
how can i solve it

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35280-my-browsers-windows-10-doesnt-recognize-arabic.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Maybe someone can help me out here
i installed the extra language modules in windows vista so i can type in arabic.
now, everything works fine, except for the numeric part of my keyboard. I
can't get it to type arabic numbers. It always gives me the western numbers.
It's very strange, cos a friend of mine actually did the same, and he actually CAN type arabic numbers.

I'm using English Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 on a laptop (no external keyboard).

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

A:Arabic numeric support in Windows Vista

hi go to start control panel and in classic view regional and language and make the changes there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arabic-numeric-support-in-windows-vista.797388/
Relevancy 42.14%

Just restored a clients machine to a previous restore point, cleaned everything up (virus/malware wise).Only problem I'm having now is some of the elements within windows are displayed in a different language.. I'm guessing Arabic. Already checked Regional/Lang settings, checked HKLM\Sys\CS001\Cont\Nls\Language tooOnly certain items in the CP and various dialogs are in Arabic:How do you fix this??? I believe its keeping me from installing SP3 on this machine as well...

A:Wrong language (Arabic?) in certain dialogs/windows

Hi kisk:

My gut reaction was 'lol' at that screen shot; I've never actually seen the Arabic language pack in use. This was from a malware infection?? But let's address your problem, shall we?

First, let's start off by going into detail about your 'Regional and Language Options'. Was the regional options set to English? In the 'Language' tab, is the 'Text Services and Input Languages' option set to English as well?

Also, are you able to use a Win XP installation CD to repair Windows? If I'm not mistaken, there is an option to select your default Regional Settings there as well. Post back here with more details! Good luck. =)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287294/wrong-language-arabic-in-certain-dialogswindows/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have a new computer with the following details:

NB510-A082
PLL72V-01H00WAR
With Windows 7

The layout of the keyboard is different and the usual place of key for the letter 'Thaal' (which used to be on the left of the number 1) is no longer there. On the keyboard the 'Thaal' is now printed on the other side beneath the 'Daal' but when I try to type it, I only get a backslash.

There are two keyboard layouts installed on the computer but neither of work, I only get a backslash.

Is there a keyboard layout available which is compatible with the key layout on this computer, that I can download?

Thank you for your help
Peta Stewart

A:NB510 Missing Arabic Letter 'Thaal'

Hello Peta

Notebooks are country specific products and offered keyboard is compatible with preinstalled OS for certain region. Described problem is pretty specific so maybe you should contact Toshiba service and ask for explanation.

I presume your notebook is designed for ?Middle east region?. Is this right?

Have you tried to change keyboard input language?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67088-NB510-Missing-Arabic-Letter-Thaal
Relevancy 42.14%

Is there a way to change the default font size of the Arabic font of choice in IE? I see where I can choose which font, but I don't see an option for its size, other than changing all fonts. Roman letters appear much larger than Arabic and to enlarge all to accomodate Arabic makes the Roman letters huge!

The alternative might be to locate an Arabic font that is inherently larger and add that to the list of options, but I don't know what font that would be nor how to add it to the list in IE8.

There has to be a way. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks a million!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/changing-default-font-size-of-arabic-in-ie8-514045.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

Now i have Windows 7 RC 7100 Installed on my Machine but i can't Read arabic when i used Paltalk or Yahoo or anyother Chatting Program so how can i enable arabic on my OS

NOTE: i have changed my location to egypt and my keyboard to arabic.. but nothing happened...

Help me please!!!

A:Change Language & Reading Arabic On Paltalk

I`ve the same problem i tried every thing i even changed the diplay lnaguage to arabic but i still can't read arabic on paltalk and many other programs.
if any one have an idea about how to resolve this, please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10255-change-language-reading-arabic-paltalk.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there My laptop seems to have some kind of malware Whenever I Arabic Strange like message in Explorer Internet load certain websites three or four messages pop up saying that IExplorer cannot find looks like Arabic or Urdu to me and then Strange Arabic like message in Internet Explorer when I close the pop up box it redirects to my homepage If I ignore the message it'll keep popping up So far my record is having messages by that time though my system is too slow and i have to shut it down Strange Arabic like message in Internet Explorer Thanks for listening and I'm sorry if I didn't post the log right This is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Boingo Boingo Wi-Fi Boingo Wi-Fi exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts browser-security microsoft com O - Hosts antiwareprotect com O - Hosts www antiwareprotect com O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run PRONoMgrWired C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run Dell Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher... Read more

A:Strange Arabic like message in Internet Explorer

Hi

HijackThis no longer provides the information we require.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/strange-arabic-like-message-in-internet-explorer-437567.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi All I ve got a weird one here - different connected problems on one PC that have only emerged since a virus was removed - AVG is telling me I have a quot potentially unwanted application quot that goes by the name of oolsv exe Places In ?oolsv.exe Virus? Arabic Text Odd + only when I search the folder it s supposedly located in sys it s not there As an aside I also have arabic text on the short cut to the control panel in the start menu plus if I try and download any software from the web the quot save open cancel quot option box that appears is also all in arabic or might be cyrillic or whatever - all I know is I cant read it and it runs right to left rather than left to right Any help MUCH appreciated currently Virus? Arabic Text In Odd Places + ?oolsv.exe pulling hair out and getting a tad frustrated Dont be afraid to reply as though I were an idiot think it would fit the bill right now BTW - this is on win xp pro sp

A:Virus? Arabic Text In Odd Places + ?oolsv.exe

Go to Start > Control Panels > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs if listed:PuritySCAN By OIN, OIN, OuterInfo or similar.Reboot and delete this folder if found:C:\Program Files\PurityScan\If you do not see any icon for "OIN" or "(program) by OIN" in Add/Remove Programs, please do this:Download and run the Purity Scan uninstaller.Alternate link for downloadGraphic instructions if needed.1. Save the Uninstaller to your desktop.2. Double click on the OiUninstaller.exe icon on your desktop.3. Click on "Run".4. Enter the four digit code that is displayed and click on "Uninstall".5. Click on "Ok" and reboot your computer.6. Then delete this folder if found:C:\Program Files\PurityScan\When done download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 in "SAFE MODE".Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61075/virus-arabic-text-in-odd-places-oolsvexe/
Relevancy 42.14%

My Toshiba laptop appears to be stuck into some sort of arabic or symbol mode. I have no idea how to get it off of there. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a picture to better explain my situation. Note: This is NOT a picture of my desktop, but this is exactly how my desktop looks with all of the icons and everything in arabic/symbols.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9...1105095257.png

One thing to note, I've gone into the control panel and then into "Region and Language" and set all of the settings to English and it hasn't changed anything.

Please help. It's impossible to navigate these symbols!

A:Toshiba laptop stuck in arabic mode?

Hello cbbi and welcome to TSF,

When you say you've set all languages to English, are you sure you've set the Display Language aswell? If you've done so, most likely your install is corrupted by a malware/virus.

Please try to boot the machine into Safemode (Press F8 during startup) and see if the problem persists in there.

If you can start an administrator Command prompt (Start > Search > type "cmd" > Rightclick "cmd.exe " > Run as administrator) you could try to run a system files check and see if that clears it up, simply type in:
sfc /scannow

Also try restoring the system to a previously known working restore point (Start > Search > type "rstrui" > Hit ENTER).

Let us know if any faults occur and how you get along.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-stuck-in-arabic-mode-604752.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Friends
hope u all have good health

i have data in Arabic also Persian while copying both of them change text direction
even Arabic comes such
?On=??tƒ$tB’???N?uq?uK??9$#???‘F{$#ur?On=??tƒur$tBtbr•Ž???$tBurtbq?Z?=????4?!$#ur7L??=t?

i opened both of text in Adobe reader its ok there but
when i m copying the text and pasting it on Facebook or program so it changes direction and first sentence come to end and end come to first
hope u get my problem

waiting for solution

A:Arabic, Persian Text Prob While Copying

Asalam, Kaifa
This is because the arab wirting starts from end to front, You need to change your keyboard setting to arab rather than english

Changing a Keyboard on a PC (Vista)
?1

Click on your "Start" menu and choose "Control Panel." In "Control Panel," choose "Regional and Language Options."

?2

Click on the "Keyboards and Languages" tab at the top of the window. Click the "Change Keyboards..." button.

?3

With the "General" tab highlighted, click "Add" button to add Arabic to your language choices.

?4

Choose Arabic from any country, making sure that the keyboard feature is also selected. Click "OK." Keyboards vary in some countries, but generally are uniform. This can easily be changed if needed.

?5

In the Text Services and Input Languages window, click the "Language Bar" tab. If using Vista, click the radio button next to "Docked in the taskbar." Click "OK." Click "OK" again to complete the change.

?6

Language Bar on VistaNow there should be a section of your taskbar devoted to the language bar. To switch the keyboard to Arabic, click on "EN" (which stands for English) and then click on "Arabic." Your keyboard is now ready to type in Arabic.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284752-arabic-persian-text-prob-while-copying.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a user working on Word 2000 in Windows 98SE.

Her Word seems to have arabic options installed. These screw up her bullets and other symbols, as well as her dictionary and auto-correction. I don't know how the arabic stuff got there and she doesn't need them.

I haven't found any way to uninstall this option. I've looked in the menus and I've tried unistalling and reinstalling Word (but not Office), but it didn't work.

Does anyone have an idea for how I can get rid of this without reinstalling Office completely?

A:Uninstalling Arabic options in Word 2000

Hi, Albator99. Have you tried Start > Programs > Microsoft Office Tools > Language Settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalling-arabic-options-in-word-2000.310632/
Relevancy 42.14%

After cleaning out several viruses, a rogue security program and a TDSS rootkit, I have a few Windows programs that are being displayed with an Arabic font - mainly the Windows security center and wireless networking applets. Screencap attached. I know I've come across this before and thought the problem lied in the registry, but can't seem to find the culprit.

If you've run into this before and can add some insight, I'd appreciate it. Win XP Media Center, SP2

A:Windows Security Center Displaying in Arabic

So, no one's ever come across this before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-security-center-displaying-in-arabic-528630.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I am looking for MS word 2007 tutorial in Arabic language, all links from google search were broken.

Please help.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-2007-tutorial-in-arabic-language.1010123/
Relevancy 42.14%

and i have no idea why. she is trying to do year 12 assigments that are due and is angry so i need to find out how to fix this. please any help is appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228435-need-help-have-no-idea-but-my-daughers-computer-keeps-going-english-arabic.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to help a friend with his computer. Problem is he has a laptop running windows vista that is set up in arabic, that is the filenames, the settings options and everything appears in arabic. It is not just the keyboard input, which is set up to use different languages through the regional and language settings in the control panel. I dont understand arabic, so is there a way to make the computer start displaying everything in english so that I can see what going on, and then have a way to set it back to being arabic? When I say set it back to arabic, i mean the display language, the input language, the internet explorer window so that the x appears in the top left and not the top right.

how can i do that

A:Need to convert an arabic displaying computer to english

click the start button, go to "&#1603;&#1608;&#1606;&#1578;&#1585;&#1608;&#1604; &#1576;&#1575;&#1606;&#1604;" (which is the control panel), then navigate to "&#1603;&#1604;&#1603;&#1548; &#1604;&#1575;&#1606;&#1594;&#1608;&#1575;&#1580; &#1575;&#1606;&#1583; "&#1585;&#1580;&#1610;&#1606;(which is the Clock, Language, and region), then go to "&#1585;&#1610;&#1580;&#1610;&#1606;&#1575;&#1604; &#1575;&#1606;&#1583; &#1604;&#1575;&#1606;&#1594;&#1608;&#1575;&#1580; &#1571;&#1576;&#1578;&#1610;&#1606;&#1587;" (which is regional and language options), a new window opens. click on the "&#1575;&#1583;&#1605;&#1606;&#1587;&#1578;&#1585;&#1575;&#1587;&#1610;&#1608;&#1606;" (which is the administrative tab-or the last tab, 4th tab over), then click on the &#1588;&#1606;&#1580; &#1587;&#1610;&#1587;&#1578;&#1605; &#1604;&#1603;&#1604; (which is change system locale), then your presented with the a drop down box, scroll down to : &#1575;&#1606;&#1580;&#1604;&#1588; ( English if its presented like this, or English).

Hope this helps,

&#1603;&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1604; &#1585;&#1608;&#1603;
Castle Rock

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-convert-an-arabic-displaying-computer-to-english.900945/
Relevancy 41.71%

Just got a new dell with XP Pro installed. I have to log off in order to switch users. When I try to just switch users, the welcome screen flashes to my desktop and then back to the welcome screen and won't let me do anything else until I log off the original user. I have the fast user switch active and have confirmed that the RPC, fast user switch and terminal services are on and on automatic. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

A:Switching user accounts problem

Fast User Switching won't work in every situation.

- The Welcome screen must be enabled.
- The computer must not be joined to a domain.
- Offline files must be disabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/switching-user-accounts-problem-369731.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I lost my power lead for my Acer Travelmate 280 laptop and purchased a universal one. Everything worked fine apart from the AC connection to the laptop kept falling out and I had to wiggle it abit to get it connected.

Yesterday I couldn't boot from the battery at all. Without the AC supply nothing happened. With the AC supply it boots up and works, windows even charges the battery as normal. When i disconnect the battery or the power supply the laptop turns off within a few seconds. Even if i boot the laptop without the battery but just with the AC it will not work.

Have i damaged something that switches the power between AC and the battery with my wiggling or is it something else?

Thanks Steve

A:Laptop Problem - switching from AC to Battery

Would be great if someone could help me with this, has anyone had any problems with laptops switching from AC to battery power? Or does anyone know where the best place to try is?

Thanks Steve

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-problem-switching-from-ac-to-battery.29755/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys my brother is borrowing my laptop for a trip up north tommorow morning so quick help is GREATLY APPRECIATED Alright so i only got this laptop about a month ago and have been the sole user so i haven t run into this before I tried to make a new profile for my brother to use but for some strange reason whenever I log out it goes to the login screen and has the two boxes one for username one for password Now the problem is that right above that is says the the computer is locked and can only be unlocked by the administrator me So i cannot sign into any other profile but my own I tried to change the options so it would go to xp locking users, problem Switching the other login screen where the user are listed on the Switching users, locking xp problem screen Switching users, locking xp problem and you only have to type the password but that doesn t work either It does not even get to that screen it just goes to the same login screen and says it is locked If anybody can tell me how to unlock my laptop it would be greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance for any help you can give nbsp

A:Switching users, locking xp problem

I had this problem and fixed it. unhelpful as I cant remember how but dont panic there is a solution. can you create a password for the other user through your account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-users-locking-xp-problem.106730/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello! I have one strange problem, I am using my computer with my brother, and we are having 2 accounts on this comp, usally, we keep our profile loggen in, and often when computer is on, we both are logged in each of our user account, but problem is, that if one of us is logging of, or switching users (if both of as are in online mode) windows is logging off the one account, but after log out, it shows blank screen, computer is still running, but it just becomes freezed.. this ain't happening only if I log of my account and my bro loggs into his account and when I need to log in, he logs out and then I go to my account. I hope you understood my problem.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

Just set up a few accounts for my family on my Vista SP1 Ultimate machine: myself as Admin, rest as users. When I try and Fast Switch (or even log off from one account and try to open another) I get the correct background, but sidebar and systray don't load and, mousing over the Start button, the mouse turns to busy still indicating activity. What's going on??

Thanks
Simon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-fast-user-switching-problem.766486/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have 2 XP Pro OS's on my PC which work fine except every time I switch the
Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth has to be removed and reinstalled for it to
work. The mouse continues to work throughout. The appropriate drivers have
been installed. The KB shows in the devices but is immobilised.
Any ideas how to stop this behaviour?

Relevancy 41.71%

Problem: Sometimes I cannot switch between 2 languages.
I use left (shift+Alt).

It "fixed" only when I reinstall the language that I cannot switch into or when I re-log into windows.

I had the same problem In windows 7 and I fixed it by creating new keyboard combination to switch between languages. But I cannot find the Article how to do it on windows 8 pro.

A:Sometimes Problem switching between Languages on Windows 8

Spammer banned and related posts removed, Thanks to Post Report by Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42967-sometimes-problem-switching-between-languages-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

i was about to format my pc so before formatting i tried my xp home edition cd to check how to install windows......
but i didnt format my comp. so due to incomplete installation a option is coming when i switch on my comp.
one is to run my pre loaded windows and another is to go for xp setup.
now i dont want that message to appear .
how can it be removed?

A:windows xp setup problem while switching on my pc

Have you tried system restore?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-setup-problem-while-switching-on-my-pc.141211/