Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

Q: Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 86.43%

As you can see by to on connect wireless AES Windows Unable XP Mac to connection? - WPA-PSK my title I m having a little problem connecting my Mac running on windows to a wireless WPA-PSK AES config I m new to mac bought it Dec and I m not quite sure what to do even though it s running on windows it s different to my old T IBM Thinkpad hardware wise When I try to connect it just stays there trying to connect and then the window just dissapears after seconds or so I ve checked the Key it s correct and I ve clicked Changed Advanced Settings and faffed around using the same conenctions and configurations but it isn t working sometimes the settings don t save properly even though Mac on Windows XP - Unable to connect to WPA-PSK AES wireless connection? I ve clicked Ok twice What s happening why isn t it saving and what s the solution My dad says it s missing something surely Been in IT years doesn t know himself Please no notes on OMG you changed to windows you had an IBM laptop please stay on topic I want this fixing And before you say it I HAVE posted this same thread on a Mac help site as well the more help the better from both Windows and Mac experts Windows XP Specs XP Professional Version SP Router D-LINK Modle DSL- T nbsp

A:Mac on Windows XP - Unable to connect to WPA-PSK AES wireless connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-on-windows-xp-unable-to-connect-to-wpa-psk-aes-wireless-connection.805334/
Relevancy 77.4%

Since successfully restoring my laptop to factory settings I have been unable to connect using my Intel PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Initially it worked but after a while it stopped I have completed several system restores and connection connect to unable wireless using the wireless connection works for a few days On the last occasion after installing windows updates I received the dreaded blue screen and have been unable to connect I am not sure if unable to connect using wireless connection it is related to installing new windows updates as prior to restoring to factory settings I had no issues with my wireless connection I am able to connect using the ethernet cable and I am currently able to connect using Pluscom wireless usb adapter I would be grateful for any suggestions as its driving my insane Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR UG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - A-EE- - E- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c d ab a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D-A - - - - D- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - C-BF- F-C - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Since successfully restoring my laptop to factory settings I have been unable to connect using my Intel PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Initially it worked but after a while it stopped I have completed several system restores and the wireless connection works for a few days On the last occasion after installing windows updates I received the dreaded blue screen and have been unable to connect On Saturday my wireless connection suddenly starting working hours later it stopped I am not sure if it is related to installing new windows updates as connect connection using to wireless unable prior to restoring to factory settings I had no issues with my wireless connection I am able to connect using the ethernet cable and I am currently able to connect using Pluscom wireless usb adapter I would be grateful for any suggestions as its driving my insane Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless unable to connect using wireless connection Network Connection Media State Media disconnected unable to connect using wireless connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - C-BF- F-C - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local unable to connect using wireless connection Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e dd a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - - D- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd a a f fffd Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe a a f fffd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:unable to connect using wireless connection

If you are facing the slow connection issue, you can check the reason for the problem. If the connection drop issue is due to your ISP, you can contact your ISP. If you discover any issue from your side, you can check the router and the associated hardware. If you have issues with your Ethernet cables, you can replace them.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/289743-unable-connect-using-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I use Windows XP. I am able to connect to the internet through LAN. But its not working with Wireless. It shows Acquiring Network Address..but does not get connected. The wireless network connection status shows address type as Invalid IP Address. Can anyone pls help me in resolving this.

Thanks

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I use Unable Internet to to connection wireless connect using my android device as wifi hotspot to connect to Internet It Unable to connect to Internet using wireless connection was working fine on my older laptop Now I have switched to a new laptop now When I switch on the wifi hotspot the laptop connects to the same The wireless on laptio shows that it is connected to wi-fo With Internet Access However I am unable to open any websites I tried the same laptop on another wireless networks and it is working fine I also to use my wifi hotspot on another laptop that is also working fine I browsed through different forums and found that IPCONFIG ALL information might be helpful so I have gathered the same and posting it over here Windows IP Configuration Host Name Info Primary Dns Suffix info com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List info com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix infodcsig Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -C -BA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address E - -E -D -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n GHz Physical Address E - -E -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b d b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E-BA- E-E - -E -D - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap infodcsig Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DFB EB- - E- D - D C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Please can anyone help me out with this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-using-wireless-connection.1089990/
Relevancy 75.68%

This is the first time I've posted a problem so you need to be gentle with me if I do it wrong! We have been given a Gateway 400SD4 with a 1394 net adapter. We have a Belkin 54g high speed wireless g router connected to a Dell PC. We access the internet using this wireless connection it works fine with my Apple Mac book pro, my nephew and sister in law both use it with their laptops - no problems, works great all over the house. But this new Gateway laptop just will not connect ! Does it need another 'something'? I thought the net adapter was all it needed or am I being really stupid!?

A:unable to connect to internet on laptop using wireless connection

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-on-laptop-using-wireless-connection.640974/
Relevancy 75.25%

Unable to connect to network with either a wireless or hardwire connection.

I do not use this computer very often. It is the one used by my kids to play "Club Penguin", etc.

I was away at scout camp with my oldest boy and when I got back, the internet did not work. It appears that several other "System" resources are not working either.

I did IPCONFIG /ALL and nothing is connected.

I tried to ping the router and got no response. "Transmit failed"

I tried to go to restore and that failed as well.

I went to the store and picked up a new usb wireless card and that did not work either. I feel confident that the issue is NOT the wireless card. I attached a screen shot of the IPCONFIG /ALL screen.

I am having a challenge to figure out how to fix this.

Please help.

A:Solved: Unable to connect to network with either a wireless or hardwire connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-network-with-either-a-wireless-or-hardwire-connection.1101993/
Relevancy 74.39%

trying to connect to my friends unsecured wireless network with a linksys wireless g usb adapter wusb gc he gave me permission and said it was fine im using a hp pavilion ze laptop with windows xp the linksys monitor saids quot youre connected to the access point but cant connect to the internet quot this is some of my ipconfig all info Ethernet adapter internet friends connect be connection to unsecured found cannot to unable wireless Wireless Network Connection Connection -specific DNS suffix Belkin Description Compact Wireless g USB adapter Physical address - - - d- - dhcp enabled yes autoconfiguration enabled yes ip address subnet mask default gateway dhcp server dns servers and this is whats displayed on my linksys monitor as the info to the link in question just in case its helpful Status Connected ip address ssid wifi gerardo network subnet ma wireless mode infrastructure default gateway transfer rate mbps dns channel ghz dhcp client enabled security disabled mac address - c-df-c - - authentication open system i have already tried the ipconfig release then the renew to no sucess i uninstalled the software to the adapter and re installed it i tried with all firewalls anti virus completely off the owner of the network is just a casual friend who i dont want to bother and ask if i can fiddle with his network unable to connect to friends unsecured wireless connection internet cannot be found settings does anybody have any other ideas or suggestions since its an unsecured wireless network i should be able to access it right thanks for youre help nbsp

A:unable to connect to friends unsecured wireless connection internet cannot be found

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-friends-unsecured-wireless-connection-internet-cannot-be-found.790403/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have Comcast cable internet in Atlanta and use a Motorola SB modem and a Linksys wireless router The wireless network has been up and running for over a year and I have never had any problems with it and I have never made any changes to it after the initial setup I connect network. to connection wireless Unable "Internet slow." too is to connect to the wireless network using two smart phones and an Apple laptop I live in an apartment so the signal strength is always high and I am Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow." never more than one room away from Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow." the wireless router It was working fine one night like always and then in the morning I was unable to connect to the wireless network I can still access the internet via wired ethernet cable so I know the internet is online and it is downloading at full speed I can access the internet via wired connection directly from the modem to the computer I can also access the internet via wired connection from the modem to the router to the computer Comcast shows no problems with the connection on their end I have purchased all new ethernet cables so I know the cables aren t the problem so I figured the wireless router might have a problem I bought a new wireless router Apple Airport Express and created a new wireless network I can see the network name is available and it has full signal strength with WPA encryption just like it had always been with the old router When I try to connect from my phone or laptop it will say quot Unable to obtain IP address quot and quot Network disabled because the internet connection is slow quot I can t connect to the wireless network from any of my devices but all of my devices are able to connect to any other wireless network This has been going on for about four days now The router is in an open area and is not near any other devices or cables other than what is required I am sure that the encryption type is correct and my password is correct My laptop shows that the internet connection from the modem is quot green quot and the Airport Express has created a wireless network that is quot green quot so everything is online I consider myself smarter than the average user so I have made sure that all the network settings are correct DHCP WPA encryption Process of elimination tells me that the only thing that could be the problem now is the modem Is there something I am missing Do I really need to try buying a new modem or could it be a problem with Comcast Why would it work fine for so long and now I can t connect to the wireless network from any device even after replacing the ethernet cables and the wireless router Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow."

if the router is working with a cable connection, then its unlikely to be the modem , unless thats also a router and you are using it for DHCP

you say the modem is connected by cable to the router
and any device connected to the router by cable works perfectly - is that correct

on the old router - have you removed the wireless security and see if you can connect ?

carried out a full power cycle - see below

also it would be worth making a note of the router configuration and do a factory reset on the router and re setup and try again

with a PC connected by a cable direct to the modem can we see an ipconfig /all
now do a power cycle and connect the router
with a PC connected by a cable direct to the router can we see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes. We have found in some instances you need to wait at least 15 minutes
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-internet-connection-is-too-slow.1124863/
Relevancy 68.37%

I see many threads like this but doest help me at all. Sorry

My Computer(Desktop) just suddenly " Windows unable to connect to SSID ". First it is connect w/ yellow warning sign and then that. I don't what cause that.
Other Computer and Devices here at home is connected with no problems at all. Even my laptop can connect. pls help me. tnx.

These are the attempts I already tried:
1) Reset Router/Modem
2) Update the driver of my adapter( TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter )
3) Resetting Winsock
4) Turning off Antivirus/Firewall

A:Help. Windows unable to connect to SSID. WI-FI connection.

Try and remove the Wi-Fi network from Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center - Manage wireless networks. Then right click your network and remove it. Then try to connect again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343396-help-windows-unable-connect-ssid-wi-fi-connection.html
Relevancy 67.51%

hi,

i am unable to connect to my a specific wireless connection. When i do try and connect it will not allow me to enter the security code to enable the wireless, instead it say something about windows not recogonising the connection. My windows is also in spanish which is driving me mad(bought the mini in spain).

i had managed to connect to the same wireless connection for a couple of days, i rebooted the router when on my mini and this seeemd to work, but this does not seem to work now. I realsie that this is not the best explanination but it is driving me insane as i can connect to other wireless connections as normal.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

cheers,

bob

A:unable to connect to wireless with windows 7 starter

Quote: Originally Posted by peru123

hi,

i am unable to connect to my a specific wireless connection. When i do try and connect it will not allow me to enter the security code to enable the wireless, instead it say something about windows not recogonising the connection. My windows is also in spanish which is driving me mad(bought the mini in spain).

i had managed to connect to the same wireless connection for a couple of days, i rebooted the router when on my mini and this seeemd to work, but this does not seem to work now. I realsie that this is not the best explanination but it is driving me insane as i can connect to other wireless connections as normal.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

cheers,

bob

Try connecting with the passwords off. Also try with firewall and AV off.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85962-unable-connect-wireless-windows-7-starter.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Alright I have had three tech support specialist from Bell remote assist me and all of them including one quot Level quot specialist whom I was on the phone with while he was remote assissting me could not figure out the problem Anyway I am using the Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter Model F D Version to connect to the wireless network I m using my Desktop computer which has Windows Ultimate -bit The router modem is the wire from Bell I have uninstalled the adapter s software and removed the drivers re-installed the software inserted the router and installed the driver and nothing I have also tried changing the wireless channel in the wire s settings stop and restart the DHCP My Internet connection is set to automaticly obtain IP addresses I believe it is due to the fact that there is a number after Windows to Name] connect Network to [Wireless was unable the wireless connection name Wireless Network Connection If there is anymore information needed please let me know Thanks for all the help nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

"... The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks and try again."

I was given an old pc (Dell Optiplex 320) which had been used where I work. I did not reformat, but reinstalled XP Pro from the supplied Dell reinstallation disc. I have installed drivers for the graphics card and for the wireless adapter. I am unable to connect wirelessly at home or at work. I do have the network key for the workplace router, but can't get to the point where I need to enter it. I tried to connect to my smartphone's wifi hotspot, to no avail. I'm sure this is a simple fix, however my skills are spotty at best.

A:"Windows is unable to connect to the wireless network."

If these are the specs for the computer you have :-  http://www.northwoodcomputer.com/Flyers/opti_320techspecs.pdf

Then, as built by Dell, it doesn't contain a wireless card !  It is of course always possible that one was fitted later. If you are certain you (1) have a wireless card, (2) have identified it correctly, and (3) have managed to find and install the drivers for it, the possibility remains that the card may be faulty. Experience shows that wireless cards can fail, and in some very non-obvious ways !

It might be worth your while trying a USB wi-fi dongle if only to check that the problem is or is not with your card. I have used one in my own computer since the day we went wireless - see picture - and is mounted in a magnetic mounted clip as far forward on the casing as it will go with a short extension cable to the back panel.

http://imageshack.com/a/img577/9316/v3k4.jpg

If you cannot borrow one, they are not expensive. That is why I bought one in the first place, it was cheaper than an internal card. But it will tell you if a wi-fi signal is reaching your computer and whether or not you can connect. If you can connect with a dongle, then your wireless card is probably deceased.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527542/windows-is-unable-to-connect-to-the-wireless-network/
Relevancy 67.08%

unable to connect to preferred wireless network - windows xp

When I boot my laptop (Toshiba Salellite C600) ,It connects to the wireless connection automatically using the security key,,but after few minutes it disconnects displays an error (unable to connect to preferred wireless network) .and it doesn't even detect the wireless network after that.
But if I restart the laptop some times i get the wireless connection back / in some cases i use the following command (>netsh winsock reset catalog) in the command prompt and restart.

I also updated my XP with the service pack 3 and uninstalled the wireless network card and re-installed.,but it didnt help.

This happened after I expired my free version of Avast virus guard.I use AVG as my virus guard

But I still get this error on and on...please help

A:unable to connect to preferred wireless network windows xp

nuwanju...I'm not an expert on network cards, but, when the internet connection shuts down, does the network card still show up in Device Manager? Is there a yellow question mark or a red x there?

Maybe something is wrong with the motherboard connection to the network card. I was thinking maybe it could be overheating? Just an idea...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-preferred-wireless-network-windows-xp.1084090/
Relevancy 66.65%

I m posting this for a family member who can t access the internet to windows to wireless connection the cannot connect network post I have not seen the computer so I can only give what details I can but I can always text message the person for more details When right clicking on the wireless computer symbol in windows cannot connect to the wireless network connection the corner near the clock they try to access their wireless connection which works on other laptops that are sometimes in their home but they get the error quot windows cannot connect to the wireless network connection quot I had her check out the device manager and there didn t appear to be any problems in there I had her check quot Network connections quot and she didn t see anything in there There were two quot wireless networks quot listed in there One said it was quot Broadcom netXtreme gigabit Ethernet quot and the other was called quot LevelOne WPC- g wireless CardBus adapter quot She tried doing the quot repair quot but it did not work I had her try the following http support microsoft com kb when we got to the quot If the Windows Zero Configuration service is running the words quot STATE RUNNING quot will appear quot she noticed that instead of it saying RUNNING it said STOPPED I had her try to follow the quot Basic troubleshooting quot listed on that site but we got stuck when we got to quot If you can view the properties for the Wireless Network Connection icon but you do not see a Wireless Networks tab see the Drivers that do not support the Wireless Zero Configuration service section to continue troubleshooting quot We attempted the Wireless Zero Configuration because she did not see a Wireless Networks tab We got stuck on step quot Click the Advanced tab and then configure your wireless network by using the available configuration options The available options and option names may vary depending on the driver manufacturer The following list describes the basic configuration options under Property quot because I have NO idea what it all means lol Those are the only steps we have taken so far to fix this If anyone can help that would be great

A:windows cannot connect to the wireless network connection

Did this computer ever work on the wireless connection? or is this a problem with a new network connection?

Am assuming from the selected forum that we are dealing with windows XP. Is that correct?

From looking into the network cards that you listed it appears that the Level One card is the wireless and I'm thinking the Broadcom card is probably the wired network card on the machine. Is this computer a laptop?

I read through the manual for the level one wireless card located at http://global.level1.com/downloads.php?modelstr1=WPC&modelstr2=0301&sendtype=0
and it appears that this card has its own management software. In windows XP, if a network card has its own control software it can disable all windows control over connecting to wireless networks. Your friend should look through the installed programs for a management utility that may work to connect right away. I believe if this doesn't work, that there is a way to assign the control of wireless networks back to windows itself, but I can't remember how.

The link above to level 1's site also has downloads of the drivers for that card. The XP/Vista driver is the second one down in the driver's section.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384991/windows-cannot-connect-to-the-wireless-network-connection/
Relevancy 66.22%

Windows XP Home Ed. My Dell laptop computer loses this setting and I have to reset it each time I start the computer. It looks like this may be because the "Apply" button is dimmed in the Wirelss Zero Config. Properties Window so that I can only click "OK". Have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-unable-to-configure-wireless-connection.721421/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Samsung RV laptop computer running Windows that is about months old It has worked well until the last couple of days Despite the fact that it shows an active wireless internet connection I cannot get web pages to open I have tried both IE and Firefox with no luck I have tried many different websites including microsoft msn google and yahoo and none have connected Other devices connected to the same wireless network include a laptop running XP a MacBook pro an iPhone an iPad and several android smart phones and all have been functioning without issue An XP desktop is also connected to the router with an ethernet cable Windows the Solved: but cannot 7 internet connect to has wireless PC connection with no issues This laptop is the only device running Windows When I run the windows network diagnostics tool I get the message quot Problem found The remote device or resource won t accept the connection Solved: Windows 7 PC has wireless connection but cannot connect to the internet quot I have tried most of the recommended actions associated with the link http support microsoft com default aspx kb with no success I have successfully pinged www google com and www yahoo com I have also tried several other things that i found while doing research on this problem with no success The system info generated by the SysInfo utility follows Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count Solved: Windows 7 PC has wireless connection but cannot connect to the internet RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Solved: Windows 7 PC has wireless connection but cannot connect to the internet Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD RV RV S E Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled When I run ipconfig as the administrator I get the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name M-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c d c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday July PM Lease Expires Tuesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- C-A - - - -BB- - F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet Controller Physical Address E - - - E- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BD A F -AB - E E- D -B CD A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c c b e ae Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c c b e ae Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C windows system gt I have an Arris cable modem model TM G a... Read more

A:Solved: Windows 7 PC has wireless connection but cannot connect to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-pc-has-wireless-connection-but-cannot-connect-to-the-internet.1059561/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

A:Able to connect to wireless router, but unable to connect to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-connect-to-wireless-router-but-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.971764/
Relevancy 63.21%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a wireless modem and my connection was fine until I attempted to wirelessly connect my printer After that I can see my wireless connect connection with I connect, i can wireless my can ethernet but cannot see connection but every time I attempt to connect I get I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet this simple message saying cannot connect to this network I have reentered my network code but that didn t work Kinda new to this I can normally just play around until I get things straight but I ve been at this about days to no avail HELP Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tyranny gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Local I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe ad b db d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ms comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e fb cd df Link-local IPv Address fe fb cd df Default Gateway C Users Tyranny gt nbsp

A:I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-see-my-wireless-connection-but-i-cannot-connect-can-connect-with-ethernet.1074661/
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay this is going to be a very long post So bear with me here I have an acer aspire g laptop I use wifi at my home and the wireless network seemed to work "Unable multiple to Getting wireless" after 7) to connect attempts(Windows message fine there Then after a few days I came to the hostel We have wifi in the hostel so I tried to connect my laptop with the wifi And there is a message that came quot Getting message "Unable to connect to wireless" after multiple attempts(Windows 7) Unable to connect to stes name of the wifi network earlier I thought that it was a temporary thing and that it would work the next day but then the next day my room mates arrived and their laptops connected easily without the error message When I click on the wifi icon on the right hand side bottom bar I can see the network but it does not connect and gives me the same error message When I click on Getting message "Unable to connect to wireless" after multiple attempts(Windows 7) Network and Sharing Center and then on manage wireless network I don t see the name stes of the wireless network So I can t even remove it I have tried uninstalling installing updating my network adapter drivers etc but none of the things have worked I can t seem to figure out what the problem is Its really bugging me now I formatted my laptop restored it to factory settings nothing worked I also tried to connect through a hotspot which I made from my mobile and it got connected easily without any problem Can anyone help me out here nbsp

A:Getting message "Unable to connect to wireless" after multiple attempts(Windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-message-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-after-multiple-attempts-windows-7.1084807/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone,

I have 2 laptops both have windows 7 and use usb modem to connect to internet, and use Ad-hoc to share connection on 2nd laptop, usually i share connection from my personal laptop for my other laptop but since past few days i am getting error on my other laptop that window unable to connect to network, I tried making new ad-hoc connections with and without authentication but no luck.. but if i make ad-hoc connection on my other laptop and share it to my personal laptop it works and i am able to connect and browse internet without problem.. please help me solve this problem.
Attaching pic in order to explain correctly my problem.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone,

I have 2 laptops both have windows 7 and use usb modem to connect to internet, and use Ad-hoc to share connection on 2nd laptop, usually i share connection from my personal laptop for my other laptop but since past few days i am getting error on my other laptop that window unable to connect to network, I tried making new ad-hoc connections with and without authentication but no luck.. but if i make ad-hoc connection on my other laptop and share it to my personal laptop it works and i am able to connect and browse internet without problem.. please help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

A:Unable to connect to Ad-hoc connection

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Bearing in mind an Ad-hoc network is only meant to be a temporary connection, is there any particular particular reason why you're using this method instead of a straightforward wireless network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ad-hoc-network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196684-unable-connect-ad-hoc-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an older machine connection Unable two wireless to USB on wireless keep cards Ghz Athlon with GB of ram on it This is a secondary machine not meant to have any beautiful Unable to keep wireless connection on two USB wireless cards graphics or anything on it just to run a few small services I installed XP and Vista on it not at the same time and am encountering the same Unable to keep wireless connection on two USB wireless cards issue on each OS - I can't maintain a wireless connection using a USB wireless card I've tried of them that I have - a Zyxel b g card and a iBlitzz b card The connection shows that it's there but it's like the cards have gone to sleep I've turned off all power management Unable to keep wireless connection on two USB wireless cards to USB but the problem still keeps happening The link lights on the devices show they are connected - but nothing happens when I try to access the network I am thinking that the issue would be that the PC has only USB ports and I am using one of those for a USB mouse Perhaps the other port doesn't have enough juice to maintain good connectivity The adapters aren't the problem I can hook them up to my main PC and have no issues with the receiver portion sitting in literally the same place The longest I can keep a connection is maybe an hour Any ideas

A:Unable to keep wireless connection on two USB wireless cards

I had the same problems with my Kids's PC, what I had to do was uninstall the Windows Zero Manager and use the software from the Manufacturer (in my case Linksys), this was the only way for me to make them work.

I only use XP though.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203512-unable-keep-wireless-connection-two-usb-wireless-cards.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have to unable connect with connection secure a Cisco E that I was changing settings on and now I cannot connect when I have a secure connection I can connect when I disable security I can also connect with a USB wireless adapter Anyone else can connect to the wireless but I cannot with my internal wireless adapater if the router is in secure mode but I can with unsecure mode I m not sure what I changed or when or if it is a coincidence I m using Windows Vista Home Edition I have two wireless connections The wireless with the netgear adapter is working but the wireless with the Atheros is not The wireless connector works with other other networks just not the Cisco unable to connect with secure connection E and the Cisco E works with other computers When I connect with the Atheros to the Cisco it just shows quot unable to connect with secure connection Local Only quot Very Strange Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS unable to connect with secure connection Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - D-B -FF-EA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e d d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October AM Lease Expires Friday October AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE- - - - - D-B -FF-EA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG v Wireless-G USB Adapter Physical Address - -F -B -FF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e fe b b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October AM Lease Expires Friday October AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE- - - - - D-B -FF-EA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC-E - A- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C- D - FAA-B A-A CCAFE C E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:unable to connect with secure connection

Reset the router to default and then set your password and encryption for the wireless signal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-with-secure-connection.1071383/
Relevancy 59.34%

Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A -S with Vista installed originally I later had Vista removed amp XP installed and all XP updates are installed Device Manager shows Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel PRO Wireless ABG The info on the Net Adapter is Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The Properties for Bus Driver indicates version When using Windows Repair function for Connection I get this msg quot TCP IP is not enabled for Web to Unable via connect to telnet connection this connection quot I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered but nothing has worked Attempts to update the driver resulted Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection in msg indicating the current driver is the best available I went online to see if an update is available and on pcpitstop com found Windows XP -bit driver Should I download amp install this driver to see if it helps I have worked on Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection this for days and am at my wits end The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer nbsp

A:Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection

1394 is NOT ethernet, it is firewire (an apple standard) and is not (usually ) used to access the internet. You information is conflicting. The Intel PRO connection would be the one used for internet (WAN) or LAN. The firewire port looks completely different than an ethernet port and more resembles a USB connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-web-via-telnet-connection.176520/
Relevancy 59.34%

Yesterday I posted this Ethernet connect to Web via to connection Unable same info under the title quot Unable to connect to web via Telnet connection quot I have gotten no responses and realized I should have said Ethernet instead of Telnet My Ethernet connection is what my problem really is I have copied the content of the earlier post to this new post in hopes that someone will look at my problem and offer some advice Here goes Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A -S with Vista installed originally I later had Unable to connect to Web via Ethernet connection Vista removed amp XP installed and all XP updates are installed Device Manager shows Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel PRO Wireless ABG The info on the Net Adapter is Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The Properties for Bus Driver indicates version When using Windows Repair function for Connection I get this msg quot TCP IP is not enabled for this connection quot I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered but nothing has worked Attempts to update the driver resulted in msg indicating the current driver is the best available I went online to see if an update is available and on pcpitstop com found Windows XP -bit driver Should I download amp install this driver to see if it helps I have worked on this for days and am at my wits end The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer nbsp

A:Unable to connect to Web via Ethernet connection

KarenLB said:

I have gotten no responses, and realized I should have said Ethernet instead of Telnet.Click to expand...

BIG DIFF

Here goes .......

Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A135-S4427 with Vista installed originally.
I later had Vista removed & XP installed, and all XP updates are installed.
Device Manager shows 2 Network Adapters:

1394 Net Adapter and <IGNORE THIS ONE
Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG.
The info on the 1394 Net Adapter is: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC. The Properties for 1394 Bus Driver indicates version 5.1.2600.5512. When using Windows Repair function for1394 Connection,Click to expand...

1394 is the Fireware adapter that competes against USB. If you know how, just disable for now in the Device Manager - - else just ignore it.

I get this msg. "TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection". I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered, but nothing has worked. Attempts to update the driver resulted in msg. indicating the current driver is the best available. I went online to see if an update is available, and on pcpitstop.com found Windows XP 32-bit driver 5.719.0325.2009. Should I download & install this driver to see if it helps? I have worked on this for 2 days and am at my wits end. The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer.Click to expand...

First; disable IPv6 (if any) with this link

Reboot and wire the connection to your router (be sure your WiFi is disabled or at least has the switch in the off position).

get a command Prompt
(start->run->cmd) and enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
follow-up by attaching the file myTCP.txt or copy/paste its contents . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-web-via-ethernet-connection.176555/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am unable to connect to any internet connections there aren't any wireless connections that show up and i cant connect using landline either it just says not connected/no connections are available and troubleshooting doesnt work i even did a system restore and nothing still.

A:Unable to connect to any internet connection,help.

try run in cmd (restart PC after running both):
netsh winsock reset
netsh int tcp reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374625-unable-connect-any-internet-connection-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have an HP Pavilion running Vista My router is Dlink My computer has Help!!! Unable connect to wireless. to been working great for a couple of years with this system Other computers in the house are able to Unable to connect to wireless. Help!!! connect - it is not the dlink or wifi connection I took Unable to connect to wireless. Help!!! my HP over to a friend's house the other day He made it so we could use the Belkin wifi at his house It worked successfully at his house When I brought the computer back home - it would not connect to my wireless I've called HP but they will charge me for help because my warranty is expired I called Dlink support but ended up with a company that did go in and restored something on the computer so that I could at least access the internet when connected directly into the cable modem Then they put on the hard sell and I realized they were not DLink at all ANYWAY I feel like I just need to know the steps to make the wireless connect I think it is just an unchecked box of some sort The help guide on the computer isn't helping so far Any suggestions

A:Unable to connect to wireless. Help!!!

Compare the settings on the machines that do connect with those on the one that doesn't. DNS/DHCP settings should be the same for all 3 do you have a password set up for your wireless? (If not you should have!)
Can you access the router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-help-567481.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Novatel MiFi that I am attempting to connect to my Compaq Presario 2200US to. This required a wireless adapter of some sort which I purchased, a Belkin N300 wireless USB adapter. Now my laptop recognizes the network and attempts to connect to it, but can't seem to get passed the validating certifications part. The jet pack does require a security code, which I've attempted in multiple different ways of putting in, but it will either result in "limited or no connectivity" "passcode require 5 to 10 or 13 to 26" or doesn't leave the validating stage. I've tried everything possible, read multiple forums and can't see to get microsofts help so if I can get any assistance here, I'd really appreciate it.

A:Unable to connect to wireless

Hi: You have to be running XP SP3 in order for WPA2-Personal security to work, If you are running XP SP2, then you need to install the Wireless Client Update for 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2, to allow for the advanced security. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/917021 If you are running XP SP3, unfortunately I wouldn't know why you can't connect securely.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-to-wireless/td-p/5599680
Relevancy 59.34%

I have toshiba satellite l laptop and I m on Vista Home Premium I was on wireless for years up until a Unable to to wireless? connect few days ago my laptop was in a bad way so I ran Unable to connect to wireless? multiple anti-virus scans to clean it up Its running quite fast now the only Unable to connect to wireless? problem is somehow along the way my wireless connection was lost and now I am only able to use the internet via the yellow router cable As soon as this cable is taken out my connection is lost There are other laptops in the house that run perfectly fine on wireless so I know this is an issue with my laptop and not my router I have tried uninstalling and re-installing my Talk Talk CD but yet the problem remains I have a program called AVG PC Tuneup On System Advisor it gives me the following message Advisor detected incorrect driver s It is recommended to update the following driver s quot Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter quot quot SM Bus Controller quot I open device managers and see a yellow triangle with an inside next to those mentioned above Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter - when click on this it says this device cannot start Code and says check for solutions I click on this and a box appears saying checking for solutions to the problem however above this it says could not load driver and secs later the box disappears when ran again same thing happens SM Bus Controller - when click on this it says The drivers for this device are not installed Code There is no driver selected for the device information set or element To reinstall the drivers for this device click Reinstall Driver When done this options appear search automatically for updated driver software or browse my computer for driver software I have only tried the first option as I would have no idea what I was looking for browsing my computer When I click on this it says searching online for software then windows was unable to install your SM Bus Controller I have no idea what either of those things are and whether or not they are connected to this problem and if so how to fix them as when trying to nothing happens other than the info provided nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless.1075088/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently reformatted my laptop to get rid of Vista and now run XP. Stupidly, I didn't know what I was doing 100% and now can't connect to a wireless network. I've looked at guides on how to with XP and it is saying to do it through Network Connections. I have no wireless sections in my NC, so it's basically like XP doesn't realise I've got wireless capabilities.

I have installed all of the drivers that there are, multiple times. If I press the wireless button, the window with the Bluetooth, WLAN and UMTS still comes up.

Hope this is enough info, if not, I'll try to give you some more.

Laptop: Esprimo Mobile V5535

Oh and sorry if this is something you hear a lot. Please don't redirect me to another thread, I've read through them and nothing said works/applies to me.

Relevancy 59.34%

I was doing a little housekeeping on my laptop running XP and removing programs I don't use or don't need, or at least I thought I didn't and now have no internet or LAN connectivity. One of the programs was Fourelle Personal Client. Some help here would be appreciated. Thanx.
Jeff

A:Unable to connect to lan or wireless

Re: Fourelle Personal ClientSeems to be some kind of bandwidth optimizer associated with slower-tier internet connections like satellite, some wireless, leased lines, et al. Make sure your connection doesn't -require- it (as it uses its own protocol) before completely uninstalling it.Latest Version of Fourelle << can be downloaded from this link -Kaspersky Info: Fourelle Venturi Personal Client 2.1.1 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4 cannot be run simultaneously on the same computer.Venturi software uses data compression on both sides, client and server.If these two applications are run simultaneously, Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4 will crash. This error occurs because Fourelle Venturi Personal Client 2.1.1 has a network driver which is incompatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449833/unable-to-connect-to-lan-or-wireless/
Relevancy 59.34%

Good Afternoon,

I recently got wireless internet in my apartment but am having trouble connecting to it. The other computers in the apartment are having no trouble.

The network appears in the wireless networks list, but after I enter the network key it just loads with the "waiting for network" message until it times out.

I can connect to other wireless networks. It takes a long time to connect to these other networks but eventually does,

My computer is super old, but since I can connect to wireless I feel like the computer is not the issue.

I am new to troubleshooting this type of issue, so I don't really understand pinging, ports and such.

Thanks!

A:wireless unable to connect

take the wireless security off the router and see if you can connect - it may be using a security that is not compatable with the older hardware

post a ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
all the text will be highlighted
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-unable-to-connect.986687/
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again.

This message poped up during connecting to a wireless network

this information might be usefull

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PC123911455270
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-18-DE-B5-17-5C

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-36-B7-56-59

plz help me asap

A:unable to connect to wireless

Moved thread to the Networking Forum for better results. Here is some additional information we will require: Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-680105.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Win 7 Ultimate PC 64 bit and a AMD based processor with Realtek LAN controller. The issue is that though i have only a single LAN connection through a WiMax connection and the router gives only one IP address to the PC, the Networks and Sharing Center shows two different networks with same IP address and does not connect to the Internet. I have tried uninstalling and installing the Realtek Ehernet driver but the issue remains the same. I had reinstalled Windows and it worked for a while but the same issue started again. Now m clueless as to what exactly is the issue. Thanks in advance the help...

A:UNABLE TO CONNECT TO INTERNET DUE TO TWO NETWORK CONNECTION(same IP)

Stop the power on the modem and router for 30 seconds and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/356612-unable-connect-internet-due-two-network-connection-same-ip.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have a Desktop with Windows 8.1 Enterprise 32-bit.
I use internet with 3G Dongle/Data Card. Internet Speed is find. Even I can play and download music and video.
I updated Windows 8.1 using Automatic Update. It was successful.
AVG Internet Security in installed.
Even I updated 3G Dongle driver.

However, I have two issues.
1. No Connection and
2. Unable to Connect Microsoft Account.I can access Microsoft Account on Web Browser. Its also working fine.
I tried by disable of AVG Internet Security Firewall. No service provide for wired internet connection nearby my area so I didn't try it with wired connection.

Screenshot links:

00.png - Speedy Share - upload your files here
02.png - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Pls help me to fix it.

Regards
GN Jha

A:No Connection and Unable to Connect Microsoft Account

Step 1 = uninstall AVG, use removal tool after, then set Windows Firewall and Windows Defender to Automatic and start them too, using services.msc.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41371-no-connection-unable-connect-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm attempting to connect to the internet through the wireless router using a wired connection. The wired connection says it's unidentified. I can connect just fine though the wireless, and it works if I connect it directly to the cable modem.

I tried using each of the ethernet slots on the router, but none worked. I thought the router itself was no good, but the problem persists with the new one as well. I've tried a few suggestions from around the net and none of them worked. I've pretty much hit a brick wall at this point.

Relevancy 58.48%

I am using Backtrack3 on my laptop and cannot connect to the wireless network. I tried using wireless assistant, but it kept issuing an error message: "connection failed." Its signal is pretty good, and I can connect to this network without any problems in Windows environment...
So how can I fix this problem?

P.S. I had also made sure that the interface was up.

A:Unable to connect to the wireless network on BT3

anyone please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-the-wireless-network-on-bt3.853109/
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought a computer yesterday and am currently unable to connect to my wireless network. The network is a shared wireless network, WEP network key and i'm using a Netcomm Np 7040 usb lan adapter. When I open wireless connections the wireless network is visible and when I try to connect it gives me the error message "windows is unable to connect to the selected wireless network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again." I have already googled the problem and one bit of advise was to add the network in the advanced settings and include the network key in that. I did that and it is still coming up with the message. The usb adapter works on all the other computers when connecting to the network so I doubt its that. Any ideas?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Recently I came Unable a to network connect wireless to across a connection problem with my PC I have one HP compaq with all the specifications as stated below System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name PRINCESIONG-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model Presario V Notebook PC BIOS Ver PARTTBL Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM Unable to connect to a wireless network DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Right now I am living in a school hostel and they provide us with a wireless connection No problem with the password because we got it from the school But when I was trying to connect to the wireless network it stated that window can t connect to the network I tried to solve the problem by running some diagnostics but it was useless After typing ipconf all in the command prompt window i got the following things Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users PrInCe SiOnG gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name PrInCeSiOnG-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Unable to connect to a wireless network disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - - - - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- -DE- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - F-F - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D FE D- C - E - E- A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface B DFFA -BDED- D-B - E D C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DF FD F-D AF- A -BCD -C AA EA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C-F - A -A BA-CA DE E BCD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users PrInCe SiOnG gt Please help me solve this problem if someone knows where it comes from Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I m new to this forum so please forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before-i m not quot techy quot so I don t really know all the correct terms to do a search wireless network Unable to connect to by I have a quot new to me quot laptop Its a Dell Inspirion I am unable to log on to the wireless network I see that there s an excellent connection and my computer is telling me that I am connected but when I try to access the internet via Chrome I get nada I get a message telling me that the DNS look up failed I m using Windows XP have Norton Internet Security and am using the Wise Registry Cleaner it was acting funky before I downloaded the registry cleaner Is there anything else I need to include I know Unable to connect to wireless network the computer s old but I never had a problem accessing the internet before Thanks in advance Stacey nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello There... I Have a Dell Laptop... And a D link modem on a Compaq Computer.

Now Right up Until Yesterday my connection for the wireless to the main server was working fine no probs at all.

Now i am unable to connect to the wireless system My program is intel wireless.
The Connection is there and and it says it is trusted a trusted connection but when i click to connect it reads that i cannot connect ... the bars usually show green when you are connected but at the moment it just shows yellow.

It is not a fault on my wireless as I can easily connect to other trusted connections ... so does mean the fault is on the dLink modem? how can i fix?

A:Unable to connect wireless Plese help!

To start, I'd turn off power to the D-Link wireless router for 30 seconds and then fire it up again. Next, I'd remove the stored wireless profile for your home network and search for and enter the key for the network again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-wireless-plese-help.818973/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I've had my laptop now for a couple of months and connect wireless Unable networks to to have recently noticed that it struggles to connect to wireless networks The problem is strange in that it will quite happily connect to and stay connected to some networks ie my BT Home Hub but will completely fail to connect to others BT Openzone The problem shown with Openzone is one relating Unable to connect to wireless networks to DNS saying it is unable to resolve the primary DNS server I've included a file detailing the results of network diagnostics Unable to connect to wireless networks - I won't pretend to know what it all means so hopefully someone on here can tell me BT Openzone is my primary source of internet as the Home Hub I use is only when I go home to visit my family I've been having to use a network cable to connect through my pc which is inconvenient and doesn't help me when I'm not at home Also I'm not sure but the fact that my Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter is having problems error coe and will not start may be something to do with it I've tried updating drivers etc but they won't install as the adapter itself cannot start Please help

A:Unable to connect to wireless networks

Network Diagnostics.rarHere is the file mentioned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/197746-unable-connect-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, i recently bought a usb wireless wifi connector & successfully installed the drivers. The problem is that whenever I click on a network to connect an error pops up saying 'Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range.Please refresh the list of available networks, and try again.'
Plz help me to solve this problem.
Currently i am running Windows xp sp 2 on my desktop.

A:Unable to connect to wireless network

Why not SP3? Some networking devices will not work properly w/o SP3.

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1159486/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop that I cannot get to connect to my wireless network It used to connect Unable to network!!! connect to wireless my with no problem at all Just all of a sudden it quit connecting And if it does connect to the network it says that the network amp has limited or no connectivity amp The IP address which I get when this happens is a amp number I have never had problems connecting before amp THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING The laptop recognizes that the network is in range and receives the strongest signal so I don amp t think it is a problem with the router I have even reset the router settings just to try and fix Unable to connect to my wireless network!!! the problem Also tried disabling the security settings amp still won amp t connect When I do ipconfig all this is what it says Windows IP Configuration Host Name amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Amber Primary Dns Suffix amp amp amp amp Node Type amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Hybrid IP Routing Enabled amp amp amp amp No WINS Proxy Enabled amp amp amp No Ethernet adapter Wireless network connection Media State amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Media Disconnected Description amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Broadcom b g WLAN Physica Address amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp - -A -A - -C The laptop has Windows XP on it and I use a Belkin Router I have never had problems connecting before amp THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING Please HELP This is problem something stupid and simple but I can t figure it out Any help would be appreciated Ok so after I posted this I brought my laptop into the same room as the router and it connected to the network Does this mean that it is just a problem with my router Here are the IPconfig all settings while I am connected Windows IP Configuration Host Name amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Amber Primary Dns Suffix amp amp amp amp Node Type amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Hybrid IP Routing Enabled amp amp amp amp No WINS Proxy Enabled amp amp amp No Ethernet adapter Wireless network connection connection-specific DNS suffix Belkin Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -A - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease obtained Thursday September PM Lease expires Monday January PM As soon as I leave the room with the router I lose the connection nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

My son's laptop suddenly stopped being able to connect to the internet via wireless. I can see it okay but just unable to connect. I've checked the drivers and they are up to date. It shows on my network when wired and I've checked with the virus software and I can see no reason for it to be blocked.

Can you help?

Tracey

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I have broadband connection and was connecting to the internet using the wireless network. All of a sudden I am unable to connect to it. On the control panel "Manage wireless network" I can view my network but not in the network sharing centre.

Do you have other devices that can connect to your wireless ??

try this
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot
&... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1114074/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all I am having an issue with my Toshiba laptop with Windows When I am at my apartment my computer automatically detects my home wireless network and connects without issue However any time I take my laptop somewhere else like a public hotspot or my network at work I am prevented from connecting The adapter finds networks without any problems but I other any my own. Unable networks to wireless to connect than just can't ever connect to Unable to connect to any wireless networks other than my own. them When I tried to troubleshoot the problem it said quot none of the networks you have previously connected to are in range quot I saw a thread on this forum about a similar problem and tried the advice that was given uninstalling the adapter network but not the driver and then rebooting the system to no avail I've also tried disabling and re-enabling the adapter but nothing has helped At this point when I run diagnostics it just tells me that Windows can't fix the problem Does anybody know what's up here Thanks in advance

A:Unable to connect to any wireless networks other than my own.

Quote: Originally Posted by btdyq5

Hello all,

I am having an issue with my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7. When I am at my apartment my computer automatically detects my home wireless network and connects without issue. However, any time I take my laptop somewhere else, like a public hotspot or my network at work, I am prevented from connecting. The adapter finds networks without any problems, but I just can't ever connect to them. When I tried to troubleshoot the problem it said: "none of the networks you have previously connected to are in range." I saw a thread on this forum about a similar problem, and tried the advice that was given (uninstalling the adapter/network, but not the driver, and then rebooting the system), to no avail. I've also tried disabling and re-enabling the adapter, but nothing has helped. At this point when I run diagnostics it just tells me that Windows can't fix the problem. Does anybody know what's up here? Thanks in advance!

You can't always rely on the auto settings to connect to wireless networks.

Often times you need to go to "Manage Wireless Networks" which is in the Network and Sharing Center.

You can right click on the network icon "lower right on the task bar" to get to the network and sharing center. Once there you can look to the left side and open up "Manage Wireless Networks".

Once there you can type in the SSID "name of network you are connecting too" and also the password for network you are attempting to connect to.

You will need the wireless password for this.

You should also designate the type of security, for Windows 7 it's best to use WPA-2 personal with AES encryption, but all these settings depends on the network you connecting too. You can also put check marks to allow a connection when the network is in range.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221247-unable-connect-any-wireless-networks-other-than-my-own.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I followed the advice of the sticky above and with my "refreshed" XP Home Installation on my Dell Desktop, I can't connect to the Internet. The "find a connection" Wizard seems to want to find a dial-up connection and nothing in the way of broadband. I use a Linksys Wireless G PCI Adapter card. The reinstallation did not wipe out any documents or user created files, so am wondering if there is a place in the old Windows files that I can use to get my old connection?

A:Unable to connect to Wireless after Reinstalling XP

Right-click MY COMPUTER, click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager, then click the + in Network Adapters. What's listed there?

Is there a heading with the name Other Devices or Unknown Devices? If there is, click the + and advise what's listed there.

What's the "service tag number" of your Dell?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-after-reinstalling-xp.870700/
Relevancy 58.48%

I can connect to local area connections, but I'm having trouble connecting using wireless. The network is available, but when I try to connect, it will just switch from "Acquiring network address" to "not connected" every 3 seconds.

I can connect just fine to the wireless network using other computers. Also, I was able to connect a day ago using this same computer, so I doubt it's hardware related. The only change that has occurred is that I installed Symantec antivirus. After I installed it and rebooted my computer, I haven't been able to connect. I'm hoping that I can fix this by adjusting some settings, but I'm not sure where I should look. Anyone have suggestions?

A:Unable to connect to wireless connections

Well, I'd uninstall that AV, then run a system restore point to before the issue started happening. That will require a re-install of the AV, but that might solve whatever is corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connections.822388/
Relevancy 58.48%

well am jamie and ive been trying to fix this problem for a week or so now so ill try explain as much as i can basicly when i connect a ethernet cable into my desktop pc i get quot this wireless connect able not to renew and ip unable problem occurred because the unable renew ip and not able to connect wireless netword did not assign a network address to the computer quot ive tryed the ipconfig it didnt work ive tryed win sock fix didnt work ive tryed restarting router from factory settings didnt work tryed systerm restore didnt work installed windows xp server pack didnt fix it DHCP is enabled wireless quot it cant find my wireless net work even tho i am on a laptop in same room next to that pc working on wireless fine so ive finaly got to the point where i need help my pc is custom built and here are the specs windows xp home edition service pack intel core duel cpu e ghz gig ram nivida gforce mb wireless box is Wanadoo live box RT usb wireless lan card ethernet cable says its connecting using nvidia nforce networking controller the other desktop pc ive got connects wireless fine and the other laptops connect find even in same room or with cable so i dunno what else to do ive searched everywhere what the problem is and some said there may be a problem where a program virus is blocking my getting incoming connection because i recive packets but sent out in mins ive virus scanned with norton installed today to see if i had virus but i dont nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok I hope someone can help me i'm so lost right now I have a gateway laptop that was running pretty slow from having so many different things on it I To Wireless To Unable Internet Via Connect did a clean install and upgraded to Windows IT'S GREAT My only issue is i can Unable To Connect To Internet Via Wireless pull up ALL the same wireless hotspots around me from before but it won't connect to any of them I've always used wireless to connect from Unable To Connect To Internet Via Wireless where i am i don't have my own router the main connection i use is free wifi from my apartment complex's rent office i have laptops and i'm connected to the wireless right now NOW i've tried searching for driver upgrades and have been unsuccessful but i can't connect that laptop to the internet to do it from there i've tried disabling and enabling both lan and wireless devices with no luck i don't know what else to do My wireless network adapter is 'Realtek Extensible b g'

A:Unable To Connect To Internet Via Wireless

So it finds networks with no issue but wont connect to them? Do you get any errors when it fails?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125232-unable-connect-internet-via-wireless.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have RAM connect unable causes to to be wireless Upgrading a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows -bit It Upgrading RAM causes wireless to be unable to connect had GB of RAM and then I upgraded it to GB of RAM After the upgrade the computer booted up and Task Manager showed that it was using GB of RAM but the wireless icon in the system tray indicated that it couldn't connect I tried the Windows wireless troubleshooting feature and it said that the wireless capability wasn't turned on But there's no wireless on off switch on this laptop I tried restarting Windows and the wireless still couldn't connect Also the Task Manager showed a svchost exe process taking up over of the CPU and over GB of RAM - I'm not sure what that was about So then I removed the GB of RAM and put the old GB back in When Windows booted up the wireless connected fine That means I didn't accidentally disconnect any wires on the wireless adapter Any ideas why this laptop's wireless won't connect when it has GB of RAM installed

A:Upgrading RAM causes wireless to be unable to connect

Quote: Originally Posted by delerious

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop...
~~~
....there's no wireless on/off switch on this laptop.
~~~

The wireless radio can be turned on/off with the F2 key per this document.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374341-upgrading-ram-causes-wireless-unable-connect.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have recently moved to Sky Broadband and I am experiencing difficulties regarding my wireless connection The device in Sky Unable to Broadband connect Wireless to question is a Sony Vaio FW E Windows home premium bit I initially contacted Sky regarding the connection but as all my other wireless devices Blu Ray Ipod Vista notebook connect without any issues they could not help Sky have confirmed that it is not a fault with the Router and that it must be a software hardware issue with my Vaio My Vaio is connecting to the Sky network but I cannot actually access the internet I have checked all the settings and checked my wireless password I have also looked into my firewall settings and tried to connect with windows firewall disabled Listed below are all the steps I have taken to try and resolve this issue Reset the Rouer Removed the Sky network and reconnected again Checked that the wireless is actually enabled Changed the wireless channel several times Updated the VAIO via windows update using the Ethernet Reset the router If it is of any use the Rouer Sky provided is a Sagecom F ST n Any help info would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there,

Am new to this site and a complete 'technophobe' but really need some help!
Since returning from holiday where i completely shut off the power to my computer and router (not sure if this has any relevance!) i am now unable to access wireless internet conection. The WLAN light is off on the router and although i did try switching the router off and on again, which temporarily returned wireless access, it has since been lost again and i cannot get it back. I have tried contacting my ISP but hey are not interested as they did not supply the router to us!

Router: TP-LINK 108M Wireless ADSL2+ Router
Model: TD-W8920G
Both my main cabled computer and laptop have Windows XP, internet connection to cabled comp fine.

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to wireless internet

something i am trying would be a system restore but if anyone knows another way i am also having the same problem and dont want to system restore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-internet.910266/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am able to connect 3 computers to the network. When I enter the passkey in the HP printer, the network goes down and I need to restart it. Then computers are back on, but the printer cannot be seen. The printer driver is downloaded. How to fix?

A:Unable to connect to wireless HP printer

Not into wireless printers, but a little more information would help.
What model HP Printer?
What make/model router (modem/router)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-hp-printer.1028709/
Relevancy 58.48%

Just started having problems connection to any network or internet. Have new lappy that was working great until today. I am going out of town for a while and I was setting up my Slingbox. Somewhere along the line, I lost ANY connections, even to the router.

Have tried 3 different restore points. Can connect with wire to the router & get internet.

HP, 64 bit.

Any ideas?

A:Unable to connect to ANY wireless network

have you installed any software with fake networking such as virtual box recently? also, have you fiddled with the wireless network adapter settings? I did so and it messed up all connections :/
also, may sound like a dumb quetion, but have you accidentally flicked a wireless switch or pressed a button on the laptop that turns it off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156078-unable-connect-any-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am using a netgear wgr614 router and the laptop I'm trying to use won't connect. It shows up as available but 'Windows was unable to connect to NETGEAR' pops up. Futher troubleshooting brings up "Investigate router or access point issues" but turning off the router did not fix the problem.

This is what is on my Desktop:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Debra>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

C:\Documents and Settings\Debra>

Relevancy 58.48%

hey guys i'm not able to connect to my wireless network. the computer detects the network but says that network maybe longer in range

A:unable to connect to wireless network

would you post back an xirrus screen and also indicate which wireless is yours
Make and model of your router
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.952954/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have purchased a new wireless adsl router Aztech dsl605ew.
I tried to connect wifi with my vista dell laptop but message shown that: Windows cannot connect to xxx.
I used my other xp laptop to connect and I'm able to connect to the internet via wifi.
Any idea where's goes wrong?

A:Unable to connect to wireless router

Have you installed security on the wireless connection (Wep, wpa?) If so, might be worth changing to a different protocol (eg, if WEP use one of wpa protocols, if wpa, use wep or a different wpa. Also could try removing it altogether to see if that's causing issue).

Sometimes two wireless devices are just incompatible (so you basically have to replace one of them - eg, different router or different wireless card in the laptop - or could try a usb dongle to check) or vista might be causing the incompatibility. Does your vista laptop connect ok with other wireless networks? If you haven't tried it, best to before perhaps having the router replaced.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220979-unable-connect-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All,

My friend has Windows Vista and a couple of days ago he was unable to connect to a wireless network.

He has a HP laptop. The "Blue wireless light" comes on (at the front of the PC). Windows can't start the wireless service and the HP connects to the broadcom wifi thing but doesn't find any networks.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Unable to connect to a wireless network

I am also trying to create a "Recovery CD" from the HP built in CD creator. However, the Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-851S ATA Device (in Device Manager) has an exclamation mark right next to it.. meaning it will not work!

I have tried "uninstalling" and "reinstalling" but with no luck. I think that if I could create these CDs, I could recover the system and get the internet working again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-to-a-wireless-network-316721.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I followed a link from facebook and a suspicious pop-up came up I believe at this point my desktop became infected The wireless internet connection indicator in my router to Unable connect wireless to system tray showed a red X over it I was still connected however and able to access the internet When Unable to connect to wireless router I clicked on the internet connection it just said that my current settings didn't match those of the connection At this point I updated my anti-virus software free version of Avast and Malwarebytes also free version figuring I didn't have long before I lost the internet completely I tried deleting the internect connection profile from the Manage Network Connections section of the control panel WHen I tried to reconnect to my home wireless network it continued to tell me that my passphrase was incorrect and it Unable to connect to wireless router wouldn't connect However I know that the password is correct and that the wireless router is was more on that later connected to the internet because I could access the wireless network with other devices iPad for instance I ran a quick scan in Avast didn't find anything I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes and it found a lot of things I removed them I restarted my computer and logged in using Safe Mode with Networking I ran another Malwarebytes' scan and it didn't find anything The issue persists I tried resetting the wireless router to factory settings I was able to connect to it with my desktop again and access the router settings I was able to rename my wireless connection and assign it a password again However as soon as I did this it reset the connection and then my desktop was unable to connect to it again It goes back to telling me that my passphrase is incorrect whenever I try to connect to it The killer here is that now that I've done this my other devices can still connect to the wireless router but they no longer reach the internet Unfortunately I'm at work right now but I'm concerned that I won't be able to access these forums at all once I return home unless I can restore my internet connection I am seeking advice on how to address the infection in my home desktop PC As far as the internet connection goes my plan is to disconnect my home PC from the wireless completely reset the router to factor settings again and try to set up the wireless router using a clean system probably by bringing my work laptop home and using it to set up my wireless router again It would be great to know if there is any additional software I can download from here and install on my home desktop using a flashdrive or something since it seems to be prevented from accessing the internet directly Thank you for reading my post and I'm hopeful you can help me get this straightened out

A:Unable to connect to wireless router

Hello, don't know your Operating system, for the connection..Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.netsh interface ipv4 resetnetsh interface ipv6 resetipconfig /flushdnsWIN7.. Please Download this file, Click MeRight-click on winsockfix.bat and click on Run as Administrator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541441/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-router/
Relevancy 58.48%

yesturday i resetted my internet explore settings.

after that,i cannot connect to the wireless internet of my home anymore.

everytime i tried,it says windows is unable to connect to Alli(my network's name)

now i'm in the room where the adapter is,connecting the internet with the cable,it's working fine.

anybody help..

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Dell Demension L733r with a Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adaptor. When I start the computer, it connects to the wireless network immediately. As I go through the day, all of a sudden I start getting "Unable to Connect to Wireless Network". I click on the popup and then click on repair. It goes through it's procedures and eventually reconnects the network. Sometimes it says "Connection Very Good" other times "Low" or even "Very Low". Several minutes later, it will do the same thing again and I go through the same procedure again. This might happen several more times then it will be okay. There are days where it never happens at all and then there are days where it happens every 10 minutes or so. It also seems to happen more at night for some reason. How can I eliminate this problem?

A:Unable to Connect to Wireless Network

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool. Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1045796/
Relevancy 58.48%

Have a brand new pavailion quad cord windows 7 home premium 64bit. i also purchased a usb wireless adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ss_T15_product

this adapter was working fine for a few hours. the internet connection is cable, the adapter gets about two bars of connectivity, and now when i try to connect to network i get unable to connect to network. i have removed the wirless network, have added it back, entered the security key and nothing. i have a netgear wireless router. not sure what the deal is. i have made sure the power settings on the adapter are off, and this adapter doesnt seem to have the sleep mode option on it. windows 7 also found the drivers automatically. the machine is brand new, other machines/devices on in the house get to the internet just fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by duhaas

Have a brand new pavailion quad cord windows 7 home premium 64bit. i also purchased a usb wireless adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ss_T15_product

this adapter was working fine for a few hours. the internet connection is cable, the adapter gets about two bars of connectivity, and now when i try to connect to network i get unable to connect to network. i have removed the wirless network, have added it back, entered the security key and nothing. i have a netgear wireless router. not sure what the deal is. i have made sure the power settings on the adapter are off, and this adapter doesnt seem to have the sleep mode option on it. windows 7 also found the drivers automatically. the machine is brand new, other machines/devices on in the house get to the internet just fine.

Hi and welcome

Im assuming you are using Homegroup for networking.

Lets take a look at device manager by typing device manager in search. go to the wif tab and look to see if your card listed listed. Is it? does it have a yellow triangle on it?

Are there any "unknown" devices with yellow on them?

Let us know

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39149-unable-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi very recently I ve been having problems with connecting to wireless internet connections Sometimes I m completely unable to connect to wireless connections at all But after I restart my laptop it will connect but it ll have a little yellow triangle next to it identifying then no internet access after like mins and then I won t be able to connect at all again I don t think it s the router or anything because I can t connect to anything wireless connections home public university etc and my friends unable wireless to connect to internet have no problem connecting to these connections I unable to connect to wireless internet have a Dell Inspiron running Windows I ve looked around the web but I haven t been able to find anything works Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ka-Ming unable to connect to wireless internet gt ipconfig unable to connect to wireless internet Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c cbc b b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ae d cf ae d cf Default Gateway c Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e b d e Link-local IPv Address fe b d e Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap C E AC- D - FA - B- B B CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Ka-Ming gt nbsp

A:unable to connect to wireless internet

The info in your message states that your wireless adapter is not active.

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

You will have to go to Control panel,System,Device Manager, Network adapters. Right click on your wireless adapter and select enable. You also may have to setup a wireless connection in Network and Sharing Center.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-internet.1022166/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an Acer IconiaTab W500 with Windows 8 developer preview installed on it and I cannot get it to connect to my Cisco 1142 APs. I have a Guest network that is for b/g speeds only and requires [WPA2][Auth(PSK)]. I type the password in and Windows comes back and says something is wrong with the adapter or the access point.

I have taken the tablet over to StarBucks and was able to connect to their wireless network easily.

Of course Acer is no help. Since it came with Windows 7, that is the only support they can offer.

I have an Atheros AR9002WB-1NG wireless adapter. I have tried to install the Win7 drivers and it will not allow the installation to run. I can see all the wireless SSID around me, including my Guest network.

I have disabled the MS Kernal Debug Netwrok Adapter. I left the MS Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Switch off your router, leave it for 10mins or something, try connecting again. First try without the Athros adapter.
EDIT: You could also try a different DNS server as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/2580-unable-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey everyone,

I've suddenly been unable to connect to my wireless network and this is the sequence of events leading to the problem. (Currently using a friend's computer). My chrome browser got hijacked by the search conduit virus. So, I cleaned it with AdW cleaner. My internet connection was ok then. After that, I ran ccleaner and cleared the registry.
Now, I find that I have trouble even connecting to my wireless - it says limited connectivity or no connectivity. The other comp's in my house can connect to the internet fine. I've checked and resetted my network adapter. It is working, but still can't connect. I restored all my registry but still it doesn't solve the problem.What have I done wrong?

I hope someone can give me a hand with this problem. It would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Leon

Relevancy 58.48%

Here is the situation in a large nutshell For several years I had a perfect wireless connection to my shop - ft - to Unable Solved: wireless with connect using a Buffalo Air Station Turbo G wireless router at the house and a Buffalo Air Station ethernet converter in the shop After a massive power strike from a thunderstorm my ethernet converter took a dump I think Solved: Unable to connect with wireless a chip must have been fried After resetting and reconfiguring the channel setting showed the channel I wanted followed by or vertical lines No matter what channel I selected it would have the lines Everything else setup ok The converter would not talk to the Air Station router anymore even after uploading the latest firmware to it I tried several wireless routers but could get none of them to talk to the Air Station I know the Air Station was good because the laptop could access the internet I put the Air Station router in bridge mode and tried to talk to any and all of the wireless routers No good All the wireless routers were good because the laptop could access them I then bought a wireless access point Linksys wireless G WAP G and put it in the shop It will not talk to the Belkin Following is the ipconfig for the main system Host Name lora Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - F-DE- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday September PM Lease Expires Tuesday September PM Following is the ipconfig for the shop system Microsoft R Windows DOS C Copyright Microsoft Corp - C DOCUME BILL gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name shop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address - -BA- C- F- Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe baff fe c f Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - B- B Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Following is the config for the Belkin Status for Belkin F D - You will need to log in before you can change any settings System date time System date time September PM Version Info Firmware Version Boot Version v - built Jul Hardware F D - v Serial No R Features NAT Enabled Firewall Settings Enabled UPnP Disabled Internet Settings WAN MAC address f de c Connection Type Dynamic Subnet mask Wan IP Default Gateway DNS Address LAN Settings LAN MAC CF FF CF IP address Subnet mask DHCP Server Enabled WLAN settings Wireless Enabled WLAN MAC CF FF CF Wireless Mode g amp b Wireless Channel SSID Home Main Security Disabled Language Current Language English And for the laptop Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Bill gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bill-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F- A- -F - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ab a a a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIO... Read more

Relevancy 58.48%

Can anyone help with the following problem please I am unable to connect to a wireless network I have an Acer Aspire with an Atheros AR EG wireless adapter This shows as quot working correctly quot in Device Manager I have tried to re-install drivers for it endlessly They all seem to install ok but I still have the connect to network to Unable wireless problem The symtoms are If Unable to connect to wireless network I try to setup a wireless connection I get quot An unexpected error occured quot There are no useful looking messages in Event Unable to connect to wireless network Viewer If I use quot Diagnose and repair quot I get quot The network adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues quot I have uninstalled just about anything that I think might be causing conflicts I have scanned for malware I have run chkdsk and sfc I have all the latest updates from Windows Update I have tried in Safe Mode with Networking but still get the same results OS is Vista Home Basic -bit SP I'd be grateful for any advice that might help to resolve this please

Hi,

Try the drivers from the Acer website: -

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_5315.html

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290846-unable-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 58.48%

The wireless network shows with good signal but when I try to connect to it it always tells me I can t Interestingly enough my other three laptops can connect wirelessly to the router just fine and this netbook I m using is able to connect to other wireless routers like the one at school This netbook is also able to connect to the router connect to router wireless to Unable successfully only when it is wired Here s Unable to connect to wireless router the basic computer specification from TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M processor MHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM GMS GML Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Unable to connect to wireless router Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC HD x xx EeePC- Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Here s what I did Windows troubleshoot it says an error at access point but offer Unable to connect to wireless router no solution Refreshed the adapter Refreshed the modem and router Made sure the setting of the router is correct i e DHCP is enabled MAC is enabled Tried to connect without password Updated Reinstalled my driver Did the Windows router compatibility test or whatever it said the router is suitable Can someone please please help This is driving me insane nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have to network. Unable connect to wireless a laptop that detects my unsecured wireless network but it is unable to connect to it There is a button for the internal Broadcom card which I have made sure to enable The signal strength shows as excellent but this is what ipconfig all reports Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents Unable to connect to wireless network. and Settings Luke Thomas gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name sk pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -D - - -BB Ethernet Unable to connect to wireless network. adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -A -A -CE I m trying to connect to a Westell Versalink DSL Modem W Any help would be appreciated as I have been struggling with this problem for a while now and have not been able to find Unable to connect to wireless network. a solution Russ nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Help help help This is the second night I ve been trying to get to the bottom of this so any feedback is much appreciated I basically can t get my laptop to connect to the internet via wireless I ve searched many forums and tried to Unable to wireless via connect internet many options to no avail However I CAN connect to the internet via my ethernet LAN connection The laptop is new the wireless router isn t I have connected to internet via wireless using this same router before with other laptops My Set Up Laptop Dell Inspiron OS Windows XP Media Centre Edition SP Wireless Adaptor Intel Pro Wireless ABG Router Linksys Wireless G ADSL Gateway Model WAG GS Problem My wireless connection shows a Limited or No Availability status I ran IPCONFIG ALL and this is what I got Windows IP Configuration Host Name SAYANGCOM Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Unable to connect to internet via wireless Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List WAG GS Unable to connect to internet via wireless Ethernet adapter Unable to connect to internet via wireless Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix WAG GS Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - - B-B -CB- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - -D - -F - A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Immediately I suspected the issue was the missing default gateway So I reset the router and re-started the PC - no change I then proceeded to manually configure my TCP IP settings to look like this Windows IP Configuration Host Name SAYANGCOM Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List WAG GS Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix WAG GS Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - - B-B -CB- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - -D - -F - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers This time it worked and my wireless connection was up and running or so I thought enter problem Problem Wireless is connected but cannot connect to internet Although my wireless is now connected I cannot seem to get on the internet I have tried pinging and there is no reply I have been told this indicates that there is something probably wrong with the gateway still This is where I get confused as I m not sure now if it s a set up issue or my router is faulty I have checked my router and everything seems fine Are there any other checks or tests I can run to eliminate problems It s a minefield out there nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
Today when i booted my laptop I got an unexpected surprise. It wouldn't even TRY to connect to the internet. The icon for connecting to the internet gave me the message, "The dependency service or group failed to start." Then there was an option to diagnose the problem. I clicked it and it told me that windows cannot resolve the problem. I'm sorry if i didn't include enough info..I'm not exactly "tech savvy"
My laptop is an HP DV6000 (yes i know there was a recall and other various problems with the series) and I'm running windows vista.
Soo...thanks in advance and don't hesitate to ask for any other necessary info.
Kelsey

A:Unable to connect to wireless internet

Is the program that is giving you the error an HP program. If so, Windows cannot resolve a problem that is not specific to Windows.

A quick fix maybe to use a cat 5/6 cable in your router or modem and reload the drivers for your wireless card... Remove the current drivers and go to the HP site to find the most updated drivers...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-internet.936670/
Relevancy 58.48%

After recently resetting my laptop when I click to connect to either of the two ports available and entering my password, it says 'wait whilst connecting' then after a minute it goes back to show the two ports available?

A:unable to connect to wireless network

what do you mean by

two ports ?

whats the make and model of the PC
what windows version

can you post an xirrus and ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1117958/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help,

I have been having trouble connecting to the internet via my wireless adapter on my laptop.

I have been able to connect when i hard wire the laptop but not when i try to use it woreless. I managed to coonect yesterday for a few hours but today i am having te same problems.

Thanks

Rich

A:Unable to connect through wireless adapter

Hi. Please supply the laptop make and model along with the router model.

If you are able to connect with an ethernet cable then it's highly unlikely to be the router.

Is your wireless network secured ? i.e. do you need a WEP / WPA key in order to access it?

Do you have wireless USB adapter or is wireless capability built into the laptop? Either way if you go to Device Manager look for any yellow exclamation marks next to your Network Adapter.

Go to RUN and type services.msc , make sure the following Services are set to Automatic and say started

DNS

DHCP Client

Wireless Zero Configuration.

Then go to RUN and type cmd

When the Command Prompt Window Opens type ipconfig /flushdns

The message should say Successfully Flushed the Resolver Cache.

Just some pointers - I can maybe of more specific help if you provide more detail. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-through-wireless-adapter.797459/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I got this computer yesterday used. Its an older Elitegroup computer. I was able to access the internet wirelessly when I first got it but then the computer started messing up and now when i click on the WLAN tool it says unable to connect to the wireless netcard. is it inserted?. I went under device manager and it shows the net card but has an yellow ! on it. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it did not fix the problem. I am not sure what to do now. I do not know what happened. Please help if you can. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-the-wireless-netcard.964084/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys,
I'm having exact same problem. can some one please help me.
manvir_singh - did you find a solution to this problem? Are you able to connect to the internet through wireless?

I tried all the steps mentioned in this thread, but its not working.
I've windows 7 home premium on dell studio 1555 with 4 gb ram and 320 gb hdd.

Thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all,

I have recently formatted my laptop because it didn't work properly anymore.
Now that it's working again, I find myself unable to connect to my wireless network.
I believe I should only have to enter my SSID code and network key while trying to access my connection.
This doesn't work.
When I try to repair the connection it hangs at connecting to wireless network.
Anybody have an idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

Did you install the wireless adapter drivers?
Look in device manager to see if there are any Yellow Marks indicating missing drivers.
You should be able to get your drivers from the maker of the laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.142758/
Relevancy 58.48%

Good day!So, this laptop always connected to a LAN cable, and we've rarely brought it away. We're rarely connected to the internet via wireless router, since I don't bring it much. In instances like that 2 years ago, we can connect it seamlessly. But lately, I've been bringing it to school, and it cannot connect by wifi to any router or hotspot.I tried the suggestions from HP Support, like the modifications done in device manager, installing an updated driver for the wireless adapter, restoring the BIOS to its default setup, and others. Still, I can't connect to the wireless networks.Any suggestions?PS: The wireless network adapter in this laptop is a 'Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-Wireless-Network/td-p/5631210
Relevancy 58.48%

Thanx in advance to any help cause I'm sorta baffled.

Ok, I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 running WinXP that I just recently reformatted. I have a Linksys Wireless-G Notebook adapter (WPC54G ver.3) that I installed. XP picks it up and sees my wireless network(along with my neighbors) but I can't connect. I put in the correct key and it still doesn't connect.

How I got to where I am now:

The guy who own's this laptop had spilled on it. I cleaned it out thoroughly and it was working fine for him for a few months. Then the screen started flickering and typing anything wasn't working right.

Any ideas?

Let me know if you need anymore info.

-Chris

Relevancy 58.05%

I have installed the wireless adaptors and also the drivers
What should i do to access the internet with the help of wireless connection
I have updated the settings in wireless router and also updated the same in Utility manager
I have tried with both windows utility manager and also with the voyage utility manager
My adaptors are working fine
When windows utility manager was enabled i started the wireless 0 configuration and enabled the windows utility manager, i could nt connect
So i stopped the 0 configuration and disabled the windows utility and later
enabled the voyager adaptor and updated the settings
I tried with both automatic and manual connections
What am i suppose to do??

A:Not able to connect using wireless connection

What router wireless settings are you using? Best to assign a unique SSID and otherwise use the default settings, unless you know that the default channel won't work for you. After you get the network working, enable WPA (or WPA2 if possible, or at least WEP) encryption.

When you 'view available networks' (to use WZC terminology), do you see your network? Any others? What happens when you select yours and try to connect? Probably would be good to use WZC for now, since more people are going to be familiar with it than with Voyage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-connect-using-wireless-connection.462166/
Relevancy 58.05%

I think I accidentally removed something from my system now I can get a wireless connection, or recover 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-to-any-wireless-connection/td-p/5702972
Relevancy 58.05%

I have just got a refurbished dell precision laptop. I can't get it to connect wirelessly though other laptops connectfine. When i try to repair connection its stays on renewing ip address and won't go any further. I have a sky router connected to my home pc by Ethernet. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

A:can't connect to my wireless connection

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-my-wireless-connection.1044508/
Relevancy 58.05%

So today the comcast guy came over and he put in a new modem cause the other one broke i have a wireless router hhooked into it its a WRT N router from cisco After the net was installed it was working on my phone and my moms laptop but on my laptop it picks up the wireless signal but will not connect It has updated firmware and has no wireless protection because i live in the middle of no where so no pass required my Wireless card is a Intel R Wireless WiFi Link in a Ibuypower com laptop Due to me not having internet without a modem for the past couple of days i wireless connect cannot connection to have been at a friends gaming with it and the net has worked fine but yesterday during starcraft but laptop kept losing internet randomly like it was just lose connection but after about - seconds it would reconnect itself and id be fine but when i tried to connect to this new modem at my house which my moms pc can and my iphone can it just stops connecting like the cannot connect to wireless connection little screen just disapeers without a reason why it failed Im not sure what it can be but my drivers are updated and i was wondering if it could have been a virus but my computer cannot connect to wireless connection is clean So if you have some ways to fix it please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Suddenly Wireless connection is not connected. It was working a couple of days ago.

A:Connect Wireless Connection

More information please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-wireless-connection.571262/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I am having a problem staying connected on a wireless connection I am hooking into my Wire router DSL from my laptop although the problem occurs everywhere not just my home location My laptop Windows XP pro shows that I have a wirless connection I can ping the default gateway with no issue packs sent lost The computer says the connection is excellent and running smoothly I can initially for about a minute after boot up establish a connection quot one time quot get to my Internet Explorer homepage and download messages on outlook Then it will not keep a connection But as I said it says not Wireless Connection connect will that there is an excellent connection and I can ping the gateway with no problems It Wireless Connection will not connect comes back with the standard quot page cannot be displayed quot I have released and renewed the IPCONFIG with no problems If I shutdown and then turn it on again I can get online quot once quot I am using an ATIVA Network Card in my laptop Has anyone seen this before nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-will-not-connect.850656/
Relevancy 58.05%

So for a while, I had a network adapter (netgear n300) that didn't seem to work very well. It would connect, but be very slow and cut out often, requiring a computer reboot. I figured this was a problem with the adapter, so I tried one of my brother's, a netgear n600. after installation, I found I couldn't connect to any network, that networks were sometimes missing from the list, or that i'd get the dreaded "connected, but no internet...identifying" problems, after which the computer would disconnect from the network.

I got a new network adapter today, a linksys ae1200, but i'm having the same problem. Now it won't even connect at all. I'll type in the password and it'll just say "unable to connect".

I know it's not the router because all 8 other computers, my tablet, and all phones in the house are connecting just fine with great speed.

Thanks in advance

A:Unable to Connect to Network, Dropping Connection, and other problems

Hi Thobewill,

How far is your computer from the router? Have you downloaded the most recent driver from Linksys site?

Also, please kindly post the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector utility and post a snip in your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330287-unable-connect-network-dropping-connection-other-problems.html