Windows Support Forum

File Access Tracker for Windows 2000

Q: File Access Tracker for Windows 2000

Does anybody know of a program that we can use on Windows 2000 server that will monitor and track file access. I have found a few programs that use Active Directory's file auditing but none that can be configured for specific files or folders. Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: File Access Tracker for Windows 2000

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: File Access Tracker for Windows 2000

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-access-tracker-for-windows-2000.424628/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have just installed microsoft offfice professional 2010 on a new windows 7 PC.

I would like to open access 2000 files, but when I try to I get an error message that the file cannot be converted.

My daughter has access 2010 on her laptop and it opens the access 2000 file ok.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Relevancy 59.77%

I tried the recommendations for fixing this below:

Follow these steps to grant full permissions to the folder where the files are stored: 1. Right click on the folder on the external drive and click on
properties. 2. On the property window, click Security tab.
3. Now click on Edit and then click Add.
4. Now type everyone in the box and
click OK.

5. Then check Full control check box.

6. Click on Apply and then click OK.
You may also try the below mentioned steps:
1. Click on Start. 2. Go to Control Panel. 3. Select "SOUND". 4. Double click on speakers. 5. Click on advanced tab and then uncheck enable audio enhancements.

But then I received the error message that I don't have rights to edit and add.  Why would this be?  I am the administrator?

Thanks!

A:Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

Hi,
Please first take ownership of the folder or files, then give yourself full control permission.
Learn How to Take or Assign Ownership of Files and Folders
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff404240.aspx
Yolanda Zhu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/863fe884-4e82-4cd7-baff-c4b1d67a1bab/windows-media-player-cannot-access-the-file-the-file-might-be-in-use-you-might-not-have-access-to?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an Access file that was created in Access 2000. I need to get this to a computer that has Access 97. When I save it to disk from the 2000 version then try to open it on the computer with the 97 version, I get the message "Unrecognized database format A:\Filename.mdb".

Help!!!

Thanks!

A:Need to transfer file from Access 2000 to Access 97. Can I??

Here is a link to help convert it to Access97

http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/four/68ct_4.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-transfer-file-from-access-2000-to-access-97-can-i.82184/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I have a problem to access file server on Windows Server 2000 from a Windows 7 PC. For your information, due to some reasons, both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000 are in different domain.

I have tried all suggested solutions which are :
i. to unchecked both attributes in 'Network Security : Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC)' for both clients and server.
ii. to apply 'Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' in 'Network Security : LAN Manager authentication level'
iii. to make sure the time setting for both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000 are the same.

But still, i couldn't access the file server. In fact, each time I entered domain\username to authenticate, it will give out this message :

Since I am kinda new to this troubleshooting things, it would be great if someone can tell me why does this happening. Is it because of the different domain?

thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 unable to Access file server on Windows Server 2000

To connect to the server you would need to enter the credentials of the domain user on the server that would have access. For example if the domain was 'home' with a user 'Josh' then I would put:

home\Josh

As the username. If you want to get advanced you could try and form a trust with the other domain in active directory so that the other domain has permission to access the server

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307482-windows-7-unable-access-file-server-windows-server-2000-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hopefully someone can help me with this...

yesterday I clicked on the file and the program opened up but the file didn't but down the bottom it indicated "done" and there were no error messages

I then copied the file (which showed the same file size as the original) and tried to open that up but no luck

I then was successful when I opened up an old mdb file I had.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello!

I secured a database in MS Access 2000, however after having users join the MS Workgroup, some of the users cannot open the database due to the appearing error message: Could not use 'Admin'. File already in use. When you click the help button on the error dialogue box, the succeeding window references the message "Could not use <name>; file already in use. (Error 3045)"

Does anyone know how to clear this? At the time, there were absolutely no other users accessing this shared database.

Thank you!
Alex

Relevancy 56.76%

My Outlook 2000 cannot access the pst file all of a sudden and the file is on the hard disk. There is an error message on startup of outlook and it says that the file cannot be opened. Please close other applications that may be using the pst file. There are no programs using it. I copied the file and renamed it and used import but the same message came up. It has been fine for a long time. I repaired the program and the same results came up.

Tim

A:Outlook 2000 cannot access data file

See if this helps:

Repair a damaged Personal Folders PST file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-cannot-access-data-file.936959/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Windows server R Sp and XP SP workstations with Office Occasionally users are able to access the same excel spreadsheet at the same time can why 2 only? file read excel users access 2000 no with an without receiving a file open notice until the second user tries to save the file Then they receive a message stating why can 2 users access an excel 2000 file with no read only? that the file is in use and that they can do a save as Usually if a user tries to access a file that is already in use they receive a file in use popup and they are given the choice to open read only notify or close This issue does not happen all the time and is not specific to one particular file And the file was never setup for sharing I ve checked my security and permissions for the shares and I don t see a solution I ve suspected file corruption and copied the data into a new file and replaced the old file thinking that would solve the problem and no luck Is there something I m missing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-can-2-users-access-an-excel-2000-file-with-no-read-only.610658/
Relevancy 56.33%

We have the following situation.

There is an NT 4 machine that hosts an Access 2000 mdb file.

The file is opened by 10 users from time to time concurrently. When we had office 97 no problem appeared (ok, just simple message that someone else is using the resource). When we moved to access 2000, problems happened. The database for some reason locks and nobody can edit data because its read-only. The funny think is that nobody is using it and access 2000 still reports that the file is read only. Maybe the network connections drove crazy access 2000? I do not know. If you have any idea please help.

Thanks in advance!

A:{Advice Offered} - Access 2000 mdb file is read-only!

Try this:

1. Use windows explore to navigate to the file itself. When you get to the file, right click on it and go to Properties. Look at the bottom of the window and make sure the file is not set to Read Only. If it is, remove the check for this attribute.

or

2. Open the database but make sure you are the administrator of the dB. Go to Tools, Security, User & Group Permissions. Check all your settings.

Question:
Was this dB designed to run over a network connection or is it just used that way?

I'm not sure if either of my suggestion will fix your problem but it is a place to start. You might also want to Microsoft's Knowledge Base. It is located at: http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-access-2000-mdb-file-is-read-only.28660/
Relevancy 55.47%

We're having difficulty with a large data file of 4 million records in Access 2000. We can't delete records after it has been linked. Also, when opening an unlinked database, it automatically links it.

error: operation not supported by this ISAM.

Relevancy 51.6%

Good day guys,

I need your help/advice about what the best battery tracker for windows 7. Im using a HP G42-476TX and I used to use HP assistant downloaded from HP. But yesterday, after 2 and a half years, my battery died on me, last I checked the cycle count was about 721/300. So as you can see i've used my laptop quite a lot. So today, I just bought a replacement battery (not original HP) for half the price of the real thing, and for some reason, HP assistant cannot detect the battery, so here I am asking for an alternative software. Hope you guys can help (i know you can ) Thanks in advance!

A:Best battery tracker for Windows 7.

Hiyya synth I think this is free mate BatteryCare

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/296237-best-battery-tracker-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When it comes to technology I have no luck On my week-old computer I opened an extremely innocuous page with an article about a game I found through Google and cmd exe started asking permission to make changes to my computer I had Ad-Aware enabled with the latest definitions so I don t know how it happened but my system restarted without my asking or granting cmd exe permission and when it turned on again I found a tracking trojan named syshost exe nestled in the list of files that run at startup The executable itself was located at Trojan/Virus Windows Please - 7 Syshost.exe Tracker Help on C Windows Installer D - -F - E- B A DE A syshost exe Ad-Aware couldn t remove it but MalwareBytes got rid of that file It s not all gone however Spybot Search amp Destroy found tons of residual files in my registry Internet Explorer which I don t use Direct D etc - fixing or removing them does no good as they come right back I have lost the ability to turn on Windows Firewall Error code x and taskmanager has been bricked Error pcwum dll is missing it won t open at all I am terrified malware not being covered under warranty and don t wish to pay to some hack tech to come fix the problem but I have no idea what to do and little time to get Syshost.exe Tracker Trojan/Virus on Windows 7 - Please Help this fixed Computer specs MalwareBytes log HijackThis log DDS txt Attach Syshost.exe Tracker Trojan/Virus on Windows 7 - Please Help txt and screenshots of Spybot Scans and Windows Errors are below You people are awesome and I really appreciate anyone who tries to help save me from my plight Please help Tech Support Guy Syshost.exe Tracker Trojan/Virus on Windows 7 - Please Help System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AC Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Aware Updated and Enabled Malwarebytes Log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Trial www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Saya SAYA-PC administrator Protection Disabled PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected C Windows Installer D - -F - E- B A DE A syshost exe Trojan Phex THAGen - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully end HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C PROGRA AD-AWA AdAware exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWelcome exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Users Saya Downloads SysInfo exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Saya Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolb... Read more

A:Syshost.exe Tracker Trojan/Virus on Windows 7 - Please Help

Informational bump: my local service center is only open today this week (don't ask me why), and I need the issue fixed long before next Monday, so I will be taking it in one hour.

I know there are a lot of other people in this forum with various issues, and I'd never expect any special treatment just because I'm in a rush, but anyone able to respond within an hour or so to try to help me deal with this issue myself without breaking the bank would have my eternal esteem and gratitude . Otherwise, this thread will probably be closed later.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syshost-exe-tracker-trojan-virus-on-windows-7-please-help.1067489/
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings everyone I have a problem with a computer on our network The PC is running Windows and there were no problems until last week The PC can't access the internet anymore It has connection to the network and the other computers but no internet I tried reinstalling drivers and etc but nothing helps Also the computer is running a Japanese version of Windows which makes things even harder I need help so I'm turning to you guys Here I will paste the HijackThis log and thank you in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system Windows - 2000 internet Can't access lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system ACS exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ofcdog exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system hkcmd exe C WINNT system igfxpers exe C WINNT system igfxsrvc exe C WINNT RTHDCPL EXE C WINNT system imejpmgr exe C Program Files Atheros ACU exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Fujitsu BATTERYAID BATTERYAID exe C WINNT AGRSMMSG exe C WINNT system igfxext exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Windows 2000 - Can't access internet Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Apoint K HidFind exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcemon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C WINNT system conime exe C PROGRA Yahoo J PCSERV ypcsm exe C WINNT system internat exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF Windows 2000 - Can't access internet exe C WINNT system lxcecoms exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINNT system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo c o t B b V O x - F E C- E - B - F - A D AF DA - C Program Files Yahoo J Toolbar Modules ypho dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Yahoo c o w p - EEBA E - B - F- BF - A BDF - C Program Files Yahoo J Toolbar Modules YahooToolBar dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - W I amp R - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo c o - AEF -C - CB-A B - C DA A - C Program Files Yahoo J Toolbar Modules YahooToolBar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINNT system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINNT system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run ACU quot C Program Files Atheros ACU exe quot -nogui O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run BATTERYAID C Program Files Fujitsu BATTERYAID BATTERYAID exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run OfficeScanNT Monitor quot C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe quot -HideWindow O - HKLM Run JobHisInit C Program Files Ricoh Ridoc Document RMClient JobHisInit exe O - HKLM Run MplSetUp C Program Files Ri... Read more

A:Windows 2000 - Can't access internet

Hello, S4nDr0
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We need to create an OTViewIt ReportPlease download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Push the button.
Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:OTViewIt.txt
Extra.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-2000-cant-access-internet-292137.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Box has lots of problems but Windows Access 2000 - No Internet not to concerned about them When accessing internet get either server not found or DNS errors Hooked to one of my client network and ran IPConfig Seems like DHCP not working Have no way out so I can t run any spyware or virus removal stuff Box has Mcafee but it can be uninstalled Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFSERVICE Windows 2000 - No Internet Access exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT System mspmspsv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard speedkey exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA txtsroqx aYQAfAAM exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe C PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKAgent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE C PROGRA txtsroqx MAAfAQYa exe C WINNT System P P Networking P P Networking exe C PROGRA COMMON ADDRES winnet exe C Program Files Plaxo InstallStub exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe D Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Components QBAgent qbdagent exe D Program Files Nikon NkView NkVwMon exe C Program Files Google deskbar- ggviewer exe C Palm HOTSYNC EXE C PROGRA COMMON ADDRES comwiz exe C Program Files iMesh Client iMeshClient exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFAGENT EXE C Technical Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www commonname com english toolbar sidebar asp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www stop-sign com support homepage php O - BHO BabeIE - - - - - - C PROGRA COMMON ADDRES cnbabe dll O - BHO MediaDir Class - E F D A- F - D - - A CCE - C PROGRA SVAPLA SVAPLA DLL O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO URLLink Class - A AACF -ADF - D - A - E B E - C Program Files NewDotNet newdotnet dll file missing O - BHO REALBAR - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - C PROGRA COMMON Real Toolbar realbar dll O - BHO BRedObj Class - ACD - - - FE - BB F - c Program Files Flt Flt dll file missing O - BHO no name - ACD BD- CA - -A D - B BA B - C PROGRA ACCELE StopSign webcbrowse dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO IEHlprObj Class - D FA- B- E- - F AF - C WINNT system mbho dll file missing O - Toolbar REALBAR - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - C PROGRA COMMON Real Toolbar realbar dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run Microsoft IntelliType Pro quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard speedkey exe quot O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunServices winmodem WINMODEM wmexe exe O - HKLM RunServices reload C WINNT reload vbs O - HKLM RunServices Windows Login winlog exe O - HKLM RunServices Authorization Veri... Read more

A:Windows 2000 - No Internet Access

Hi itwhite,
This thread is a few days old so if you still need help do this:

Go to add/remove programs and remove these:
P2P Networking
NewDotNet
Flashpoint Media
ezula

Reboot and post another log.

I'm moving your thread to the Security Forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-no-internet-access.420109/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have Office 97 loaded on a Windows 2000 Pro computer that is shared by several people. Microsoft Access will only run immediately after install, but only until switching users. The error is: 'Microsoft Access couldn't find file 'C:\Winnt\System32\System.mdw'. The file is there. If I switch back to the original user (the one logged on at time of install), the same error occurs until I reinstall and so on and so on. As long as you never switch users it works fine. Do you have any idea what might be going on here? Thanks

A:Access problem on Windows 2000

The file may be there, but it sounds like all users don't have access to that file. Check the permissions on that file or put it into a public share...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-problem-on-windows-2000.261157/
Relevancy 50.31%

When I run comcheck I get the following error (see
below). When I search for info on odbc32.dll it says I
need to reinstall MDAC files.

I have updated all my service packs and all the latest
updates to Windows 2000 have been installed. But I don't
know how to update MDAC 2.7 (I have reloaded it several times)--- and everything I read says
I can ruin my entire system if I am not careful.

It seems I need to uninstall 2.7 and then reinstall it but
I have no idea how to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HERE'S THE ERROR MESSAGE I RECEIVE IN COMCHECK

Item Name,Item Type,ErrorString,Status

odbc32.dll,File,Field 'FileVersion' mismatch:
Expect '3.520.9001.0' Got '3.520.8504.0',Error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-and-windows-2000.106763/
Relevancy 50.31%

I can start out with a big OPPS should have know better even though its not my fault wandering offtopic I had Windows dual booted with Windows ME with ME being the original drive C drive which is on a promise controler k was installed through ME dual boot always has Windows 2000 Access Can't partition worked fine Fast forward to today all of a sudden ME Drive C dies run ibms harddrive analysis program says its dead and Can't Access Windows 2000 partition needs your friendly low level format to maybe fix it So ME drive is gone along with the dual boot files that were contained on C the boot drive Now I am unable to get in the k drive at all My question is how do I regain access to my k Can't Access Windows 2000 partition drive and get my computer booting properly again Second question is when I do reinstall ME or on the old drive how do I make sure the dual boot will still work and it will be included Going Can't Access Windows 2000 partition to go insane if I don t get it working Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

When I attempt to add a clip art object to my form in Access XP
I received the following message: "The OLE server isnt registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." This only happens with Access not other applications in the suite. What is weird is some of my data bases were created in Access 97 and already had clip art applied and they converted fine. Any thoughts or suggestions.

A:Access XP Windows 2000 network

The clipart gallery is probably not installed properly. If I recall correctly, you need to find the location of the clipart gallery executable (the name of which escapes me at the moment), and ensure that that is the same location referred to in the Windows registry. It probably isn't. The easiest would be to install to your hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-xp-windows-2000-network.72557/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I have a Acer M1610 running windows vista 32 Bit and I downloaded the trial version of AVG Internet Security 2013. I have bought a license number and when I tried to enter it on the administrator account I received the following message.

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2013\avgcfgex.exe
Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
Access is denied.

Can anyone please help me fix this so I can enter the new license code.Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

A:AVG 2013-Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I'd try downloading/installing it again...your package may be damaged.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478414/avg-2013-windows-cannot-access-the-specified-devicepathor-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissions-to-access-the-item/
Relevancy 49.88%

Whenever I try to open a PDF file I get the message that there is a problem with my Adobe Acrobat Reader After clicking OK I keep getting this message Windows cannot access the specific device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item which is under the heading of C Documents and Settings Alfio Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE JII HDM The letters amp numbers Access Cannot Item. Windows The To Specific Have Appropriate Access The You The Path, Not Device, May File. Permissions Or at the end after quot Content IE quot are not always the Windows Cannot Access The Specific Device, Path, Or File. You May Not Have The Appropriate Permissions To Access The Item. same I ve installed and uninstalled the newest version of Acrobat but still get the same result Someone suggested using a different program instead of Adobe s which I will probably do but I m more concerned with the idea that the problem is related to my registry I also cannot Windows Cannot Access The Specific Device, Path, Or File. You May Not Have The Appropriate Permissions To Access The Item. download the Adobe Flash Player so maybe it is just an issue with Adobe programs on my computer but this only started happening after I had to get rid of some viruses on my computer Everything else seems to be fine with no more virus problems but I don t know how to go about dealing with this permission issue Thank you Alfio

A:Windows Cannot Access The Specific Device, Path, Or File. You May Not Have The Appropriate Permissions To Access The Item.

Hi there phegmmaster! Welcome to BC! Try this, go to Kelly's Corner ( http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm ) and download #12 on the left side ("EXE (lnk and regfile) Fix for Windows XP"). It's a .reg file. Save it to your desktop then double click on it to merge it into your registry. Then reboot.Let us know the outcome!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125079/windows-cannot-access-the-specific-device-path-or-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissions-to-access-the-item/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I get the error message when I try to run IE.

I tried to gather the info but the malware is blocking me from saving the log file.

Please see the Win32kDiag.txt file I created.

I am running Vista Home
Thanks for you help
Rob

A:Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271732/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissions-to-access-the-item/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Ok for the past few device, not Sea... You the item. to the cannot appropriate have path, or permissions file. the Windows access may specified access days my system has been giving me grief I made the mistake of clicking Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Sea... on a file uploaded to RapidShare and after downloading it the file disappeared in the blink of an eye I kid you not So I downloaded it again and clicked on the file through the download manager and it disappeared again Weird I also noticed when the computer is just idle when I'm not using it the IE browser would pop up on it's own with two windows of ads Now IE is on my system but I don't use it - I am a faithful Firefox user Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Sea... at the moment Anyway I strongly believe that RapidShare file is the problem But it could be something else I guess Come to think about it it might be something else because I also clicked on a four JPG images from an email a client of mine sent me I think by mistake though and the image wouldn't open either for some strange reason I've never had a problem opening up JPG files Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Sea... before I have also downloaded and installed Spybot Spywareblaster and TrendMicro software SpywareBlaster is actually working But the other two I get the message when attempting to open them Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item Search amp destroy spybotsd What they heck does that mean Furthermore I turned on my Windows Firewall some minutes ago I use Windows XP SVPack Moreover I have done everything outlined on the Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem page and my system is just jacked up I downloaded the software recommended on that page and run it only for it to simply crash within seconds So I am unable to post up the results it would've generated had it not crashed on me I don't know if you all will be able to help me without the logs Hmmm but I hope you all can Or maybe I should just re-install the OS Would that work Oh and my System Restore points won't even work anymore Please help me and my sick PC

A:Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Sea...

Your topic has been moved to the Am I Infected forum so we can assist you in producing a log for the HiJack This forum. ~ OB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252804/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissions-to-access-the-item-search-destroyspybotsd/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have worked on this desktop for a while now. When i boot up, it makes it to the wallpaper and no desktop. I have to run explorer.exe manually to make the desktop icons and start menu appear. I have attached rootrepeal logs and hijack this report. I can only open certain programs and I have 2 expensive programs on this computer and would like to save my pc if possible. Any help would be appreciated. If any more info is required just let me know.

A:Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissonsto access the item.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278521/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissonsto-access-the-item/
Relevancy 49.88%

I turned on my computer the other day and "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." on anything I try to open. I cannot open any Windows Explorer window or file. I am able to open something if I right click, click run as and login with my user. If I try to go to Control Panel, explorer.exe closes and re-opens for no apparent reason.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289187/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissions-to-access-the-item/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hai all ! My application devloped using C++ Bulder3 & Sybase on Windows 98.. it is working fine on Win98 but when i copy same .exe file to win 2000 prof edition every thing working fine only when generating some reports (Multiple page ) in my application it is showing error "Access violation at address 00c0c0c0 read of address 00c0c0c0 " and showing only single page preview and but in our network one 2000prof computer not showing this error is is working very fine. and some reports (single page ) the error is not showing we don't know whether proble with WIN2000 or borland C++ builder can any tell the cause and how to rectify it ....i will be very thankfull to you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-access-violation-error.294587/
Relevancy 49.88%

I GOT THE LAPTOP FROM AN AUCTION, I DON'T HAVE PASSWORD. IT IS IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE (WHATEVER THAT MEANS). IT KEEPS ASKING FOR THE PASSWORD BUT I DON'T KNOW IT. IS THERE A WAY TO CHANGE IT OR BYPASS IT? I NEED TO SEE IF THIS LAPTOP IS GOING TO BE ONE I CAN USE OR DO I NEED TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER. IT SEEMS TO BE AN OLD ONE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW BIG IT'S HARD DRIVE IS. HELP ME IF YOU CAN.

A:DELL LATITUDE XPi CD, WINDOWS 2000-NEED ACCESS

try some of the common passwords for administrator like admin or administrator and see how that goes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-xpi-cd-windows-2000-need-access.396076/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I have a connection at home for my laptop and one at work, I would like to know how I can set up two different profiles so that I can go to work, plug my ethernet cable in, use the net access at work and then come home and do the same thing, but with my home connection...

Can anyone help me here? if you are unsure of the question, please let me know and I will rephrase it..

Thanks,

Brendan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-professional-multi-net-access.56065/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I ADSL Windows 2000 access gateway can't have just developed a problem on my Dual boot system I have both Windows SE and Windows and can access my Netgear DG ADSL modem switch no Windows 2000 can't access ADSL gateway problem in the boot configuration So I know that my ADSL is working my router modem is fine the network card and cables are all working and all router settings are as they should be However I keep getting timeouts on my Windows settings Under the internet connections settings box I used to have only LAN selected and quot never use dial up quot selected I found two dialler programs sitting there and removed them but it seems that windows is not looking on the LAN for the internet connection I cannot even log onto the router admin like I can in Bizarre no Also Windows used to automatically sign in but now I have to enter the admin password and it has a tick box on the log on saying quot use dial up for internet connection quot which I don t remember seeing before I have run Adaware CWShredder and Hijack this and nothing irregular is showing up but I think some dialer has done something sneaky and changed some settings that I need to reset Anybody know how to force the Windows system use the LAN settings or how to reset them EDIT I can also access the internet in Windows safemode so it looks like some malware but Ad-aware crashes when I run it in safe mode Thanks for any help E-jet nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I am attempting to setup a w2000professional machine to be dialed into over the internet. When I open incoming connections I only have the parallel port as a connection option. How can I add my network card as a supported device?

Relevancy 49.88%

I don t quite know which forum to post in so I ll start here Has anyone ever have trouble signing a VBA project on Access I m using Office premium I ve done the following installed digital signature in Office Tools generated my certificate using Selfcert oened my Access DB and went into the VB editor opened the Tools gt menu Result No quot Digital Signature quot selection was available in the Tools menu Looked in VB editors in Excel and Word quot Digital Signature quot was right there in the quot Tools quot menu Just not in Access In Access went to View gt Toolbars gt Customize gt 2000 VBSA Access 2000/Office digitally sign Can't in project Commands gt Tools and whaddaya know There s quot Digital Signature quot right there BUT guess what I can t drag in onto any tool bar or open menu Does anyone know what s going on or has this happened Can't digitally sign VBSA project in Access 2000/Office 2000 to them I looked in Office Access Q amp A forum on the MSDN website and actually found similar posts but the only suggestions were to try the things I ve already listed above I searched the MS knowledge base but found no pertinent answers The Office on-line help gives little no help for digital signatures Ideas Answers nbsp Can't digitally sign VBSA project in Access 2000/Office 2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-digitally-sign-vbsa-project-in-access-2000-office-2000.258884/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Experts I cannot access the internet using the menu The above message appears when I try I am able to get online by putting iexplore exe on my desktop I have tried to follow the instructions on the preparation guide Unfortunately no logs appear with either the DDS or RootRepeal I cannot deleted the RootRepeal file quot Access is Denied quot The only information I have is from the following log files Running from C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Win kDiag exe Log file at C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Win kDiag txt WARNING Could not get backup privileges Searching 'C WINDOWS' Found mount point C WINDOWS addins addins Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly temp temp Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly tmp tmp Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS Config Config Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS Connection Wizard Connection Wizard Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime chsime applets applets Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime CHTIME Applets Applets Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime imejp permissions the the may not or device, them. have specified file. You Windows to path cannot access appropriate access applets applets Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime imejp imejp Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime imjp applets Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them. applets Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime imkr applets applets Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime imkr dicts dicts Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime shared res res Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS java classes classes Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS java trustlib trustlib Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files Bind Logs Bind Logs Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS msapps msinfo msinfo Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth ERRORREP QHEADLES QHEADLES Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth ERRORREP QSIGNOFF QSIGNOFF Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr BATCH BATCH Mount point destination Device max gt Cannot access C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries helpsvc exe - - C WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall helpsvc exe Microsoft Corporation - - C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries helpsvc exe - - C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i helpsvc exe Microsoft Corporation Volume in drive C has no label Volume Serial Number is CCE-E A Directory of C WINDOWS hf mig KB SP QFE netlogon dll File s bytes Directory of C WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall scecli dll Directory of C WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall netlogon dll Directory of C WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall eventlog dll File s bytes Directory of C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i scecli dll Directory of C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i netlogon dll Directory of C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i eventlog dll File s bytes Directory of C WINDOWS system scecli dll Directory of C WINDOWS system netlogon dll Directory of C WINDOWS system eventlog dll File s bytes Total Files Listed File s bytes Dir s bytes free Please can you help

A:Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.

Hello, I_hate_trojans!.My name is aommaster and I will be helping you with your log.I apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.ThanksPlease note that I am in the process of my training so it may take a while for me to get back to you, as each of my fixes need to be checked by a coach first.I see that you're having trouble running executables. Let's try RSIT:We need to run RSITDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)In your next reply, please include the following:Log.txtinfo.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275132/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissions-to-access-them/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello experts! I get the following message when I click on my internet explorer:

windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.

I am the adminstrator on my machine, which runs on XP. I have tried the following:

1. installing IE8 - did not work.
2. uninstalling my AV software (McAfee) - made no difference, now I can't re-install it.

I am fairly certain there is a virus(trojan) lurking about, especially because I am re-directed to websites other than the ones I click on; my System Information is empty; and random sites pop-up when I am on the internet.

Right now, I have accessed the internet by using iexplore.exe on my flash drive.

Thanks!

A:windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.

It sounds like you have a rootkit infectionPlease download Win32kDiag.exe by AD and save it to your desktop.alternate download 1alternate download 2This tool will create a diagnostic report for me to review.Double-click on Win32kDiag.exe to run and let it finish. When it states Finished! Press any key to exit..., press any key on your keyboard to close the program. A file called Win32kDiag.txt should be created on your Desktop.Open that file in Notepad and copy/paste the entire contents (from Starting up... to Finished! Press any key to exit...) in your next reply.

--------------------------------------Go to > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: cmdClick OK.At the command prompt C:\>, copy and paste the following command and press Enter:DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\eventlog.dll >Log.txt & START notepad Log.txtA file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop.Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261505/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissions-to-access-them/
Relevancy 49.88%

HiThis is with regards to the closed topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...ml#entry1535293.Very sorry for not replying earlier. Its just getting worse. I cannot access the internet at all. I have borrowed a friend's laptop for the duration.To run RSIT I have copied the program onto my flash drive and run from there...I cannot move the program to the desktop. But it hangs. It says Running HijackThis and the progress bar is stuck at the same level for the past hour! Is this normal? Please could you help?Many thanks!

A:Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them

Hello I_hate_trojans!,This infection is preventing almost every tool to be run. Please try to follow the steps below carefully and in the order given! If you encounter problems, just let me know, thats what I am here for First of all, download the following files and put them on a flash drive:Win32kdiagCombofixJunction.zipWith malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have the Windows Recovery Console pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.Go to Microsoft's website => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994Scroll down to Step 1, and select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System. Download the file & save it as it's originally named. Note: If you have SP3, use the SP2 package.---------------------------------------------------------------------You should now have a flash drive with win32kdiag.exe, junction.zip, combofix.exe and the MS Recovery Console installer package--------------------------------------------------------------------Now plug the flash drive in your infected computer and proceed with the steps below.COMBOFIX---------------Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our toolsDrag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it (you can do that while both files are still on your flash drive).Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.
At the next prompt, click 'Yes' to run the full ComboFix scan.When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.At this point your desktop should be accessible, please read the following steps carefully and DO NOT leave the needed tools on your flash drive, because that will cause the steps below not to work. ----------------------------Please save Win32kDiag.exe to your desktop. Click on Start->Run, and copy-paste the following command (the bolded text) into the "Open" box, and click OK. When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop. Please open it with notepad and post the contents here. "%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f -r---------------------------We need to scan the system with this special tool: * Please unzip the following file:Junction.zip * Place Junction.exe in the Windows directory (C:\Windows). * Go to Start => Run... => Copy and paste the following command in the Run box and click OK: cmd /c junction -s c:\ >log.txt&log.txt& del log.txtA command window opens starting to scan the system. Wait until a log file opens. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.In your next reply, please include the following:Combofix.txtWin32kDiag.txtJunction log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282442/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permissions-to-access-them/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Windows 2000 Server in my home office. Two people need to access this server remotely.
What can I do so these two people can gain access to files that reside on the 2000 Server?

I once had a static ip address that enabled the two users to gain access to the server.

Thank you for looking.

A:Setting up remote access in Windows 2000 Server

The simplest way is to configure an FTP server on the server. That doesn't require any special handling. If you don't have a static IP address, you can use DynDNS or a similar service to map your dynamic IP address to a static URL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-remote-access-in-windows-2000-server.680707/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok I had to put windows 2000 on my moms PC, which is part of a network, and now EVERY computer on the Network sees an "Internet Gateway". WHY???? The only computer that can see shared files is my moms with the windows 2000. theres 3 more computers all running windows xp. how do i fix this? File sharing is now available, but I myself believe the internet is being slowed down. THe Internet gateway that windows XP is picking up is reading 8.0 mbps. My connection has gotten as high as like almost 2, but it should not read that.

A:Solved: No more windows file sharing after windows 2000 computer networked!?

..bump..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-more-windows-file-sharing-after-windows-2000-computer-networked.384168/
Relevancy 49.02%

For some reason my 'Help' stopped working so I downloaded the complete file from Microsoft downloads and put it in C:\Program Files\Windows Journal Voucher for the time being. Can anyone tell me where the file should go so it will open when I click on 'Help' in Windows?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have run AVG and it removed some trojans but still having problems I cannot access the uninstall programs module it has spelling that is incorrect in its box and it will not display the programs I also did for Pro 2000 Log Solved: File Windows a re-install of the window before I realized it was Solved: Log File for Windows 2000 Pro probably a virus Below is my hijackthis log file I need to get this pc working fast I am a paid up member Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer exe C WINNT system igfxtray exe C WINNT system hkcmd exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Rocket Software Rocket Mobile amp Security Apps MobileCenter exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files CASIO Photo Loader Plauto exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINNT system dllcache services exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C My Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKCU Run Free Download Manager C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe -autorun O - HKCU Run RocketAppCenter exe quot C Program Files Rocket Software Rocket Mobile amp Security Apps MobileCenter exe quot O - HKCU Run iIWiper C Program Files iISystem Wiper SystemWiper exe m O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run Free Download Manager C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe -autorun User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run RocketAppCenter exe quot C Program Files Rocket Software Rocket Mobile amp Security Apps MobileCenter exe quot User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run iIWiper C Program Files iISystem Wiper SystemWiper exe m User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe User O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - HKUS DEFAULT R... Read more

A:Solved: Log File for Windows 2000 Pro

Poster has solved this problem: http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...hijackthis-log-file-win-98-a.html#post5083759

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-log-file-for-windows-2000-pro.617586/
Relevancy 49.02%

windows 2000, at startup, tries to open a file called 1.tmp. This file cannot be removed manually as it is in use. Does anyone have any idea about what program this file is related to?? thanks

A:windows 2000, cannot open 1.tmp file

Sounds like it could be spyware/adware. Download HijackThis and post a log file for the experts to look over.

Can be downloaded from www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip

Be sure to save the EXE file in a non-TEMP folder and run from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-cannot-open-1-tmp-file.548204/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am currently running a Windows 2000. I am facing a serious problem with spywares and adwares. But these threats are already eliminated by Microsoft Anti-Spyware.

But at the same time, when I am running normal mode, during Start UP and at anytime time after that... when I opened any .exe (for example msword.exe); a "program error" appears and close it back.

This "program error" happens everytime I try to execute an .exe file.
I can only run certain .exe programs in safe mode too.

Please help me... I can't do much things when .exe files cannot be open or run

A:Could not open any .exe file in Windows 2000

Then get HiJack This V1.99.1 http://thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe - double click the DL file and click unzip letting it extract to its default folder C:\Program FIles\HiJackThis, run it from there, DO NOT fix anything, post the log here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-open-any-exe-file-in-windows-2000.395761/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi...for Windows 2000 there is a file in location C:\WINDOWS\winsock\csrss.exe. I was wondering if this is legit or is it malware ?? any info is appreciated

Relevancy 49.02%

I need some help from anybody who has or knows anything about Windows 2000. My PC has a error message that comes up right after I turn it on, but before it fully loads up. The error message says... "Cannot find the file 'C:\Program' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." If anybody knows how to help find this problem, hit me back up on here ASAP.

Relevancy 49.02%

What should the Boot.ini file for Win 2000 Pro look like ??
This system boots ok after I get a message "error loading boot.ini file"
I have detected 26 viruses on this machine. I also cannot access the internet even after I installed a new NIC card.I'm using cable modem so no dialup.All settings in Explorer should be fine. Any help would deffinetly help,
Thanks
Pmac1231

Relevancy 49.02%

Up until today, i have connected to Access via ODBC, then chosen my query in Access, then used microsoft query to further filter the mail merge...

today i get an error that says Word can't reestablish a DDE connection with Microsoft Query to complete the task.

Do you know why or what happened...if you don't have time to answer, if you could just point me in the direction of a document it would be helpful.

A:HELPPPPPPPPP Access 2000 Word 2000 question

See if any of these help:

WD2000: "Word Could Not Re-Establish a DDE Connection..." Error

WD2000: ErrMsg: "Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to <Application> to complete the current task."

ACC2000: Word DDE Connection Error Using Table or Query with Quotation Marks

WD2000: Word Flashes on Windows Taskbar When You Cancel "Choose Data Source" in MS Query

WD2000: Error Message: "Word Could Not Locate or Start <path>\MSQRY32.EXE" When You Try to Use MS Query

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/helppppppppp-access-2000-word-2000-question.91039/
Relevancy 49.02%

Using Access 2000, I have a number field, formatted number....
doing a mail merge in word, causes the field which is called Dues to loose it's formatting... Word says to apply a Numeric Picture Switch...{ Dues \# $#,##0.00 } but try as I might I cannot get it to work....

So I have the Syntax wrong on something? I am in a time crunch and have to have this letter out asap am tomorrow....

What is wrong???? I did a letter like this in January and it worked fine.....Help!

Relevancy 49.02%

I'm having difficulty with an export I am trying to do. I have used the help in Access with both the TransferSpreadsheet and OutputTo actions, but they both produce the same result. They create an Excel file, but I can't open it.
Code:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryLegacy2004", acFormatXLS, "LegacyIssues2004.xls", True
or
Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8, "qryLegacy2004", "LegacyIssues2004.xls"
yes, I am deleting the file before I try again.. am I doing something wrong?

Relevancy 49.02%

I would like to know if there was a way to forward messages based on content to a file outside of Outlook 2000, like Access 2000 in particular, maybe even Excel 2000. I know that a rule can be set up to forward messages to personal folders, but I would like to know if it can be done to an outside file. I didn't know if it had to do with messages being in pst format.

A:Forwarding message from Outlook 2000 to Access 2000

No. Not possible to my knowledge or without VBA.

I think it might be easier for you to set Access to import from the PST file at a given time each day. Of course, you'll have to have exited Outlook at that time or the PST file will report that it is in use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-message-from-outlook-2000-to-access-2000.78562/
Relevancy 49.02%

I want to disable the WFP in Windows 2000 Server with SP3 or later. I have tried to follow the instruction in http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/790. However,
I cannot copy sfc1.dll to overwrite sfc.dll since sfc.dll is also protected by WFP.

Thank you for any help.

A:How to disable Windows File Protection in Windows 2000 Server with SP3 or later?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-windows-file-protection-in-windows-2000-server-with-sp3-or-later.211886/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey I dont know if my prob is with XP IE or a virus so i didnt no were to put it but any way I cant download files from the internet I try to download a file and it gets as far as letting me pick run or save as but when i pick either run or save as it says quot Windows cannot accesss the specified drive path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot and the message bar top bit says quot C Documents and settings owner local setting temporary internet files content IE ZBTELH quot This happens with every file with its exe torrent jpg etc I scanned with adaware and found objects that were tracking cookies i dunno if that may have something to do with it and then ran avg free and it didnt find anything i was hoping to run hijack this but i uninstalled it stupidly and i cant download files Also IE wont let me delete history when you click delete browsing history and click on delete all it just closes and the pop up telling you progress just appear and the history stays Ive tried searching the internet but i cant find a problum like this Is it my settings or a virus or what heres some more infor in case it might help Running cannot path drive Download file specified or file, access the Windows Cannot IE Cannot Download file, Windows cannot access the specified drive path or file Windows XP with all sp's Zone Alarm Security suite Avg Free Edition Adaware Hope someone can help me Thanks Cian

A:Cannot Download file, Windows cannot access the specified drive path or file

I am currently having the same problem on my Dell Dimension 2400 Desktop. Anytime I try and run a program I get the message "Windows cannot access the specified drive, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Even when I try to shut down or restart it says "You do not have permission to shut down the computer"

I can only run programs by going into Task Manager -> New Task (Run) -> and searching for the program itself.

Please Please help me!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-download-file-windows-cannot-access-the-specified-drive-path-or-file-156384.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am currently having the same problem on my Dell Dimension 2400 Desktop. Anytime I try and run a program I get the message "Windows cannot access the specified drive, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Even when I try to shut down or restart it says "You do not have permission to shut down the computer"

I can only run programs by going into Task Manager -> New Task (Run) -> and searching for the program itself.

Please Please help me!!!

A:Cannot Download file, Windows cannot access the specified drive path or file

From past experiences, this sounds like this is caused by malware.

To get Expert Help with malware removal:

I recommend that you read this article… ( Simply, click on the links to be re-directed.)

"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First steps;

IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Please follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

When carrying out The 5 Steps,

If you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.

However, it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to HiJackThis Log Help Forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-download-file-windows-cannot-access-the-specified-drive-path-or-file-309883.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guy s Just want to say up front thanks for your time and to please bare (NAT) Routing Problem? Remote Access Solved: 2000 and Windows with me i am kind of new at this Anyway have a small Company server which i had working but now i just can t seem to get it back up and running Ok so its a really Server computer Running Windows Server - with Two Network Cards One is connected to a Shaw Solved: Windows 2000 Routing and Remote Access Problem? (NAT) Cable Modem with a dedicated Static IP Adress from the ISP and the other is connected to a switch My DHCP server is sending out Ip adress between - server Ip is Right now Routing and Remote Access is enabled with the NAT feature so the server is running as a DHCP Nat router it was all running peachy untill i did one stupid thing I tried to get a VPN set up In the server properties under the general tab i went from Enable this computer as a quot router checked quot and quot Local Area Network Routing only checked quot and changed it to quot LAN and demand-dial routing quot with Remote access server checked as well Well as soon as i did that restarted the server in R amp RA problem s happened Presently my DHCP server is working distributing IP s but even after setting everything back to how it was and restarting the machine physically i can not for the life of me get internet to my client PC s In fact i am not even getting internet on the server itself I have checked with my ISP and they say all is good my IP adress Gateway Subnet Ect are all correct and set to static for my first network card recieving my internet connection from my ISP Any advice like i said im new at this so feel free to ask me for more information Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 2000 Routing and Remote Access Problem? (NAT)

My advice. Ditch using your Windows server as a router and get a hardware router to put in between your cable modem and your server. Then if you want to have your server act as a VPN server, either enable VPN pass through on the hardware router or set up a set of port forward rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-routing-and-remote-access-problem-nat.726814/
Relevancy 48.59%

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Atapi\Parameters

3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:

Value name: EnableBigLba
Data type: REG_DWORD
Value data: 0x1

Hope it helps!

A:How to access more than 137gb on large hard disks in Windows 2000

Needs Windows 2000 SP3 or later.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-access-more-than-137gb-on-large-hard-disks-in-windows-2000.42315/
Relevancy 48.59%

I installed a simple peer-to-peer network using Win 2000 Pro workstations, with an NT Server 4.0 machine acting only as a firewall. I have not set any password protection on any machine and all users have full administrative access to all resources on the network. However,when I try to browse for available resources I must enter a password and user name to have access to the machine in which the desired resources are located. How do I disable this password protection so that I am not confronted with a windows logon dialog box? I am using Fat32 on shares, therefore there is no local file security.

A:{Advice Offered} - Windows 2000 browser access problem

All users have full access you said. Did you set up the names that people are logging into the workstations with up in User Manager on each machine?

You are actually logging into the NT Server at the beginning of all this, right?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-windows-2000-browser-access-problem.29714/
Relevancy 48.59%

Good morning, I have a big problem: I bought for my company 4 brand new pc with Windows 7 Professional installed. I added my pc?s to my domain but I can?t access to the share on the windows 2000 server. When I try to connect to the server appears a message that ask for my credential. I can?t access also if I insert my credential. I tried to google a little bit for a solution and everywhere I found that I have to change the Lan Manager authentication level but it still doesn?t work? does anyone have an idea? How can I fix the problem? I have access on windows 2003 share without any problem? Thank you for your help, best regards

A:Windows 7 canít access Windows 2000 share

Hi, welcome to the forums

I have had similar issues networking Windows 7 & Vista. 1 thing I tend to try is to remove the password requirement on Vista, in your case 2000. If your router is secured and no other traffic gets onto the network it may be worth a try to see if it temporarily solves the issue, allowing for time to look into the credentials issue.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/152566-windows-7-can-t-access-windows-2000-share.html
Relevancy 48.59%

You know when you right click something and hit properties, and in one of the fields it says "Type of File"? Like when you right click Program Files and it says it's a "File Folder". Well, I need a program that'll let me change those, preferably within that properties window, such as just typing it out or something.

The thing is, I need to change a file into a File Folder. Due to certain circumstances, I ended up changing a very important folder into a recycle bin file type, and I need to change it back. It still holds all the files, I can even still access the files in question via buttons on my IE toolbar and "open with". However, I can't see the folders or the files in that folder, it just shows a recycle bin and it's options. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/type-of-file-changer-for-windows-2000.585421/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have MS Office installed on a new Windows XP machine MS Word generally has worked well and continues to work well except for one Word document that I downloaded from the internet originally prepared on a Macintosh machine with MS Word that won't open It gives a message that a Read Only file can be opened but in fact when the button File Word Xp From Windows Can't 2000 Ms Delete is pushed another message arises that quot MS Word must close quot However when I try Can't Delete Ms Word 2000 File From Windows Xp to delete this MS Word document I get a message that quot file cannot be deleted because it is in use by another user or another application quot I cannot even place this file into a folder as I get the same message about another user or application is in use A Search doesn't reveal any other applications in use so it appears the file was corrupted being downloaded or the old MS Word has some incompatibility with the newer Windows XP I'd appreciate any help to delete this document from my desktop and guidance as to how to prevent recurrence Thanks

A:Can't Delete Ms Word 2000 File From Windows Xp

Try deleting the file from safe mode. That should remove anything that would try and allocate the file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78892/cant-delete-ms-word-2000-file-from-windows-xp/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have MS Office installed on a new Windows XP machine MS Word generally file from Word Windows MS delete XP Can't 2000 has worked well and continues to work well Can't delete MS Word 2000 file from Windows XP except for one Word document that I downloaded from the internet originally prepared on a Macintosh machine with Can't delete MS Word 2000 file from Windows XP MS Word that won t open It gives a message that a Read Only file can be opened but in fact when the button is pushed another message arises that quot MS Word must close quot However when I try to delete this MS Word document I get a message that quot file cannot be deleted because it is in use by another user or another application quot I cannot even place this file into a folder as I get the same message about another user or application is in use A Search doesn t reveal any other applications in use so it appears the file was corrupted being downloaded or the old MS Word has some incompatibility with the Can't delete MS Word 2000 file from Windows XP newer Windows XP I d appreciate any help to delete this document from my desktop and guidance as to how to prevent recurrence Thanks nbsp

A:Can't delete MS Word 2000 file from Windows XP

Tried deleting in safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-delete-ms-word-2000-file-from-windows-xp.537428/
Relevancy 48.59%

I do have a network file server setup with different ACL rights setup. When I go to a users machine to map a drive to a different shared folder on my file server on which the user has no rights. I use the connect AS option and put in my credentials as an admin but during the map process I get an error message saying a conflict has occured with a prexisting account refering to the users account. To resolve the problem I would have to login as my self and map to the share or I login as a local admin and map the share. I think the is a problem on ACL level but I do not know where to correct this problem or is this a flaw in win2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-file-security-issue.143625/
Relevancy 48.59%

I deleted some files by mistake, in the process I have currupted my Windows 2000. I installed windows XP, home version. I can no longer open my existing files that were originaly installed when I had widows 2000, such as AutoCad, furthermore when I go to add and delete files I can not see any of my old files listed, only new files that I have installed after I installed windows xp.

Relevancy 48.59%

my computer wont start is says:File missing or corrupt \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM how can i fix this,i have the boot disks and dont know how to use them to fix this,please help!

A:File missing or corrupt on windows 2000

artical 826721 on microsoft.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-missing-or-corrupt-on-windows-2000.714499/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I am attempting to access an application.exe file on my desktop. Each time that I click on it the Windows message, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." pops up. I am the system administrator so this should NOT be a problem but apparently many out there are dealing with this as well. I can delete, move and even copy the file but I cannot run it. There is no option for override with password or grant permission. It just says that I cannot run it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the system I am running is Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

A:Windows can't access file. May not have permission to access.

Hello KyRy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might check to see if you can right click on the file, click on Properties, click on Security tab, and make sure that you have Read & execute permission allowed (checked) for your user account or the administrators group.Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups
If not, then you might see if you may be able to install and use the free program Unlocker on the file to have access to it afterwards.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215694-windows-cant-access-file-may-not-have-permission-access.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm setting up a server at work and I really don't know the ins and outs of security settings etc.. So this is a pet project of mine.

Basically, I want any computer (regardless of network name) to be able to access a share, but be prompted for a user name and password to open the directory.

Usually (it would seem), Windows 2000 just plain old denies access to anyone who does not have user account ont he server. If I can get it to prompt for a user name /pass before this, then that will serve my purposes quite nicely.

A:Ask users for login/pass to access network shares in Windows 2000?

I believe the NET command in XP/2k permits passing a username/login.

Also, when mapping a network drive to a network share, you have the option of putting in a user/pass.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ask-users-for-login-pass-to-access-network-shares-in-windows-2000.4158/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am unable to read any floppy or cd-rom since my latest update. CD-Rom, CD-RW, Floppy drive had previously functioned without difficulty. I have been able to burn cds from ITunes. I have installed the latest drivers. Device Manager reports that drives are working. Am able to find drives in Explorer, however when I try to access media, I get the message to please insert a disk in drive (). I am set up as the network administrator. After uninstalling and reinstalling the devices, I am able to use them one time. Many problems with this w/ XP2 upgrades on microsoft newsgroups with no known solutions that I could find.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-removeable-media-cd-rom-floppy-drive-after-updating-windows-2000.333721/
Relevancy 48.16%

I searched this forum and found someone that was having a similar problem to me His threads are here http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -problem-installing-office- -xp html http forums techguy org business- crosoft-office- -installation-problem html However I have a different problem I have no problem putting in my Win XP SP CD and the install continues without a problem The problem however pops back up when I try to remotely install patches using Protection File During 2000 Windows 0ffice Install a program called Update Expert The patches will fail because the computers don t have the service pack CD Basically my question is why does this Windows File Protection come up during the install and what can I do to get rid of it I m using my companies VLKs to install and deploy to my work computers Does it have Windows File Protection During 0ffice 2000 Install something to do with installing Office after Service Pack Any help getting over this hurdle would be great as we would like to move to automated remote installs of Office rather then doing them by hand or having them on ghost images Windows File Protection During 0ffice 2000 Install Thanks nbsp Windows File Protection During 0ffice 2000 Install

A:Windows File Protection During 0ffice 2000 Install

Try running SFC /PURGECACHE from a command prompt. This will clear the protected files and allow XP to let you install O2K.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-file-protection-during-0ffice-2000-install.568920/
Relevancy 48.16%

It seems as if my problem is pretty common here but I havent seen much about Windows I m running Windows Professional and encounter the problem quot Pro: Windows CORRUPT/MISSING 2000 FILE iSSuE The file hal dll is missing please replace it or reinstall it quot That shows up when i try to boot it up Thank Windows 2000 Pro: CORRUPT/MISSING FILE iSSuE God I sttill have this harddrive with an OS on it I tried using a certain program and it crashed which resulted in a file thats missing or courrupted as it says on the win k bootup When restarted it looks like its about to load windows then it stops and says quot The file Hal dll is missing or corrupted please reinstall to replace it quot I wanted to go to safe mode but it wont load because of that corrupted file I hooked this HD up as Primary IDE im using right now and hooked the HD that Windows 2000 Pro: CORRUPT/MISSING FILE iSSuE im trying to fix as Secondary IDE So then I triied to copy that file from this existing win k that im currently using right now and replace it in the original harddrive but i couldnt cuz i cant even access it My system dectects that the harddrive exists but when clicked on it in Windows Explorer it says quot This harddrive is not formatted would u like to format it now quot This is very frustrating I dont want to reformat it cuz i got files in that harddrive that are important even if i need to format it at least i need to copy out my files first which i cant even do because it isnt accessable I also tried to boot the computer to A which is the flippy disk hoping that maybe I can copy the corrupted file into the windows directory to replace it but i cant access the damaged OS HD anyways I also tried booting up from Win k cd and press quot R quot to repair but doesnt do anything cuz it said it didnt find anything wrong And I dont know about installing win k overtop of this one will I encounter any problems doing that Any other methods where I dont have to take major action as in reinstalling it Any help would be appreciated any softwares ideas methods to help this poor fella out I need to know ASAP need to access my files in the other HD nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

When the Windows 2000 PC dials into a Domain,
the Windows 98 & 95 are asked for a password when trying to access files on the Win2000. I can supply the Users domain password and everything works fine.

However, when the Windows 2000 PC is not dialed into a domain, the Win98 & Win95 PC's receive "\\Ashtec is not accessable. No permission to access resource".

What do I have to do to either the Win2000 or Win98 & 95 PC to access the Win2000 files, while not on a domain?

A:{Advice Offered} - Windows 2000 File Sharing

You must add the User accounts on the Windows 2000 machine and assign them permissions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-windows-2000-file-sharing.29830/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a client who uses this very very bad in my opinion industry-specific software It runs on a Windows Server in Terminal Services The problem is that whenever a user opens 2000 Locking on a Server? File Windows Disable this program there is a session file created by it unrelated to the operating system s login This isn t a problem as it s deleted when they log off except for when this nasty program stops responding or closes without warning Then there s a user file left over If you try to delete it it says that the file is locked or in use access denied If we restart the server after painfully having everyone log off I can delete the file fine So my quesion is is there a way of un-locking a file without restarting when this happens And is there a way to disable file locking in Windows Server I ve found a bit of information about quot opportunistic Disable File Locking on a Windows 2000 Server? file locking quot but Disable File Locking on a Windows 2000 Server? it doesn t seem to have helped this specific problem I figure if we can find some way to disable file locking at least I could run a batch program every so often to delete out-dated log-ins before they run out of licenses and need to reboot Any help info etc is appreciated nbsp

A:Disable File Locking on a Windows 2000 Server?

Not sure this applies. I have never used Win2000 Server.

Have a look:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q296/2/64.ASP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q126026

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-file-locking-on-a-windows-2000-server.108558/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Can someone help me delete Solved: has 2000 Windows Log file viruses Pro for - (hijackthis) anything suspicious I ran AVG and it got some bugs out but PC still not right I also reinstalled windows before I realized Solved: Log file (hijackthis) for Windows 2000 Pro - has viruses I had viruses I am a paid up member Tnx Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft Solved: Log file (hijackthis) for Windows 2000 Pro - has viruses AVG avgamsvr exe C WINNT Solved: Log file (hijackthis) for Windows 2000 Pro - has viruses system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer exe C WINNT system igfxtray exe C WINNT system hkcmd exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Rocket Software Rocket Mobile amp Security Apps MobileCenter exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files CASIO Photo Loader Plauto exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINNT system dllcache services exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C My Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKCU Run Free Download Manager C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe -autorun O - HKCU Run RocketAppCenter exe quot C Program Files Rocket Software Rocket Mobile amp Security Apps MobileCenter exe quot O - HKCU Run iIWiper C Program Files iISystem Wiper SystemWiper exe m O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run Free Download Manager C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe -autorun User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run RocketAppCenter exe quot C Program Files Rocket Software Rocket Mobile amp Security Apps MobileCenter exe quot User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run iIWiper C Program Files iISystem Wiper SystemWiper exe m User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe User O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - HKUS DEFAULT Run... Read more

A:Solved: Log file (hijackthis) for Windows 2000 Pro - has viruses

Poster has solved this problem: http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...hijackthis-log-file-win-98-a.html#post5083759

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-log-file-hijackthis-for-windows-2000-pro-has-viruses.617600/
Relevancy 48.16%

recieve Torjan virus couple of days ago. do registry changes and follow all step which is posted past. But unfortunatly didn't get any sucess. Still I have a same problems application can't open in windows 2000 server. Please let me know if any one have any solution and advices.

A:Can't Open exe file (Applications) in Windows 2000 Server

go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip , and download 'Hijack This!'.
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required,
so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-exe-file-applications-in-windows-2000-server.185760/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a small network that consist's of one 5 port hub connectiong 2 workstations one windows/98 one windows/ME. I added a new workstation(number 3) with Windows 2000/pro. I want filesharing throughout. I can get to all shared folders from the Windows 2000. But when I try to access the files on the windows2000 workstation from the other workstations(windows98 or ME) it ask's for a password to get to the whole workstation. How can I turn this off? The windows2000 is using a FAT file system. I want to share one folder with the whole network. I have right clicked the folder and turned on filesharing....What have I missed?
Please help!!!

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys,

my system crashed a few days ago and came up with an error to say that the SOFTWARE file was corrupt. I put in another hard drive and managed to copy the C:\winnt\system32\repair\SOFTWARE file over the corrupt one, just so that I could get it to boot into Windows - which it did. But obviously none of the software works.

Is there any way that I can fix the SOFTWARE file to save me having to reinstall all of the software again?? All of the fixing tools seem to cost a lot of money.

J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-repair-software-registry-file-with-windows-2000.492640/
Relevancy 48.16%

I know how to do it in XP, is it possible to set the page file size to system managed in Windows 2000? Or is that not possible? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-managed-page-file-in-windows-2000.557420/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys,
I am using windows 2000 server. Lab Technicians are used to copy files for students to the system. The problem I'm having is that, each student is restricted to a 50 Mb disk space. When the lab technician copy the files, the owner of the file(s) shows the Lab Technician logon account and not the student. What can I do to change the owner of a file from the lab Technician account to the current user?. Thanks in advance Ray.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-file-owner-on-windows-2000-server.295475/
Relevancy 48.16%

Can someone tell me how I extract a file from a system disk?

A:Windows 2000 Pro-how to extract a file from system disk

this link tells you how to copy ntldr and ntdetect...but if you know the file name and directory it will work

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318728

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-pro-how-to-extract-a-file-from-system-disk.471595/
Relevancy 48.16%

How do I restore files backed up via DOS Backup to a relatively new PC with windows 2000 installed? I probably was using windows 3.11 at the time I saved the files. I have the disks and the name of the folder where they came from. Do I need some utility to restore these files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restore-documents-from-dos-backup-file-to-windows-2000.282547/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, and Thank-you in advance for any help.

I have Win 2000 Pro installed on 2 machines, working fine. The wi-fi's are all working in reguards to getting on the internet. We have a practice billing and scheduling on the host PC, and do not have the disks, so can not be copied onto other PCs. What would I need to set it up as a server. Having purchased an existing practice, money is an issue. So, even simple file sharing could work, but would it be secure enough for patient info?
I would appreciate any tech steps to setting up either options. Again, thank-you. Emy

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new laptop which is running 2000 7 sharing windows Windows File with Windows Home Premium edition File sharing windows 2000 with Windows 7 I want File sharing windows 2000 with Windows 7 to setup file sharing with my Windows SP OK I did have my Windows setup with my XP laptop successfully then for some reason it just stopped working Well I just reinstalled Client for Microsoft Network and it now will share files with my Windows Vista laptop no problem And the Windows Vista shares files with my Windows But if I try to connect to windows from windows I can see it but when I try and connect it crashes saying memory at x couldn't read at x or something like that And I can't even see my windows pc from windows anymore I could at one time but it would never connect Is it possible to connect Windows to Windows I'm sure it is If anymore info is needed just ask Just weird that the Vista box will share with both machines but the windows K will not connect to Win or vice versa Thanks in advance Jack

A:File sharing windows 2000 with Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by jadkins

I have a new laptop which is running Windows 7 Home Premium edition. I want to setup file sharing with my Windows 2000 SP4. OK I did have my Windows 2000 setup with my XP laptop successfully then for some reason it just stopped working. Well I just reinstalled Client for Microsoft Network and it now will share files with my Windows Vista laptop no problem. And the Windows Vista shares files with my Windows 7. But if I try to connect to windows 7 from windows 2000 I can see it but when I try and connect it crashes saying memory at 0x0000000 couldn't read at 0x000000 or something like that. And I can't even see my windows 2000 pc from windows 7 anymore. I could at one time but it would never connect.

Is it possible to connect Windows 2000 to Windows 7? I'm sure it is. If anymore info is needed just ask. Just weird that the Vista box will share with both machines but the windows 2K will not connect to Win 7 or vice versa.

Thanks in advance
Jack

As far as I know, Jack, the only way to do get this to work correctly would be to map a network drive. That's what I would do. Create a folder on the Windows 7 and 2000 machines that you want to use for sharing. I'm sure there's a post here somewhere about it already but I'm too new to know where it might be.

Any help referencing that post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49075-file-sharing-windows-2000-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

After booting a window appearing with the meassae " can not find file c:\winnt\system32\svohost.exe ( or one of its components)" . I have all the updated OS and virus software. How to fix this problem? Is this seious problem? Please help?

A:the message can not find file svohost.exe while booting in windows 2000 SP4

That is part of a worm - dl

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FxSasser.exe.

Do a couple online scans from this list

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

SpywareBlaster http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
AdAware SE http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html
SpyBot S&D http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

DL them (they are free), install them, check each for their
definition updates and then run AdAware and Spybot, fixing anything
they say.

In SpywareBlaster - Always enable all protection after updates
SpyBot - After an update run immunize and make sure teatimer in enabled

Do these before the next step.

Then get HiJack This http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html, put
it in a permanent folder, run it , DO NOT fix anything, post the
log here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-message-can-not-find-file-svohost-exe-while-booting-in-windows-2000-sp4.315984/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

My computer has been disabled by a massive virus/malware infection. I managed to delete almost all of the bad stuff except "System.BrokenFileAssociation" which is located in "HKCR\.exe". I am unable to see this program (yes, I have made hidden files visible), and it still paralyzes all and any action I'm trying to undertake.
How can I get rid of it? Please remember that I cannot run any programs except the Super AntiSpyware scan. My operating system is Windows 2000 Professional, and I am staying offline (I'm writing this from a Mac laptop.)

Many thanks,

ogonczyk

A:Fixing broken file association in Windows 2000 Professional

Hello and welcome to the forums

Can you try the following to restore access to run exe files:

Open the File Types dialog from any Explorer window -- use My Documents or My Computer (Tools | Folder Options | File Types Tab). Scroll down to where .EXE would be in the alphabetical order and make certain .EXE is not there (if it is, then edit it there by changing the association to Application). Finally, select the New button, type in EXE for the extension and select the Advanced button. From the list pick "Application."Click to expand...

Do you have a proper anti-virus on the system? SAS is primarily an anti-spyware scanner and not a fully fledged anti-virus solution.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/fixing-broken-file-association-in-windows-2000-professional.4018710/
Relevancy 47.73%

When i start a file search as soon as i enter a letter a prompt box springs up showing previous searches starting with that letter. I have tried deleting the items shown in this box by right clicking and pressing delete or transfering them into the search box and then highlighting and deleting them but this only removes them from that search. Next time i use it they are back again. I have run searches on them but this revels 'no result' in all areas. I can also reduce the size of the prompt box by dragging the lefthand grey corner across but again this only works at the time and the box is there in all its glory next time. Is there any way i can delete them permanently or stop the box opening? The little critters are driving me mad!!! Any help gratefully received!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/archived-items-in-windows-2000-professional-file-search.137203/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello...thanks for your help...

I have a laptop that wont boot up message says: windows 2000 cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupted <windows 2000 root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. It asks to reinstall a copy of this file.

I can't do anything because screen is black and frozen just message appears. I tried putting windows 2000 cd in but nothing happens.

Thanks again for helping.

Added: problem may be due to a freeware program i used (EasyCleaner) to try and clean registry. It deletes duplicate files or files that point nowhere etc. and maybe that deleted something i needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-wont-start-because-file-missing-or-corrupted.377672/
Relevancy 47.73%

I would be grateful if anybody can help with this. If i start a file search as soon as i type in a letter a prompt box opens which shows all the other file searches that i have initiated starting with that letter. My problem is that i want to remove these archived items. But i cannot seem to get rid of them. I try deleting them but they are back the next search i do. I have carried out searches on them which show 'no result' in all areas. I have deleted cookies related to them. But still the little critters won't go! I can reduce the size of the prompt box by dragging it across from the bottom right corner but again next search there it is as large as life again! Pleeze how can i get rid of these or at least close this box permanently!

A:archived items in file search, windows 2000 professional

Go to Start | Run
Type in regedit

find the following key in the left pane

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{C4EE31F3-4768-11D2-BE5C-00A0C9A83DA1}\FilesNamed MRU

On the right side you will see a list of strings. Delete everything in the list after default.

To prevent it happening in the future

Open Internet explorer
Click Tools | Internet Options | Content tab
Click the autocomplete button
Uncheck the web addresses box under the use autocomplete for header.
Click OK then OK to close the internet options box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/archived-items-in-file-search-windows-2000-professional.138936/
Relevancy 47.73%

does any1 know what this is and what is does. It appears when I start up and does not allow my computer to start.

A:windows 2000 could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-could-not-start-because-the-following-file-is-missing-or-corrupt-windo.194460/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have Windows 2000 Professional using Fat 32. I have an administrator account and 2 user accounts. One account is in the administrator group and the 2nd account is set up as a user with restricted access.
The account set up as a user with restricted access is able to view my files in "Documents and Settings" as well as all the other users currently set up.
How can I set up this restricted user so that they can only view and have access to ONLY their files and NOT have access to other folders in other user accounts.
I tried using the "MMC" but their was no option available. Since I didn't install using NTFS, there is no security tab in the properties section of the folder. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Folder & File restrictions for user accounts on Windows 2000 Professional

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-file-restrictions-for-user-accounts-on-windows-2000-professional.199972/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Sir,

My PC (is a Client in a Domain) haing Windows 2000 Professional OS. After a normal Shut down on previous day (no new Software or Hardware was added) stops at atartup just after the Windows 2000 Professional Logo/welcome screen comes. I have tried booting to Safe mode but in vain. safemode command prompt also doesen't work. I can only go upto Safe mode option chooser screen. Even Safe mode is not working.

On normal (and also when I choose Safe Mode) boot the system gives following error: -

STOP c0000218 STOP Registry File Failure The Registry Cannot Load the hive (file) SystemRoot/System32/config/SOFTWARE or its log or its alternate. it is corrupts, absent or not writable.

I haven't any backup of Registry. Please suggest me a way to boot my PC normaly. I will be very much obliged.

with regards,

Barun Tiwari
INDIA

A:Windows 2000 Pro System Don't Boot ; Registry File Failure Error

With the cdrom booting up you select 'install', then you will be prompted to enter the repair console in the next screen. Do not enter the repair console here but continue on by selecting 'install' again. Then you should be presented with the listed operating systems on your pc . This should give you the option to repair those installations. This way it will rewrite over the entire operating system but will leave your installed programs intact. The only difference I have seen using this method is that it wipes out every windows update..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-pro-system-dont-boot-registry-file-failure-error.240611/
Relevancy 46.44%

Dear All,
I have a problem where i am having 2 application server clustered and both using a common file folder (residing on one app server and access by other through mapping network drive). This common shared folder is storing some files used in application. Now my problem is that because of sharing folder this way, my application starts running slowly and performance is hampered. It application actually stop running as file is not getting opened. If i remove the clustering and just work with one app server (ofcourse file folder residing on the same server) it works fine. Can somebody tell me what can be the problem if i access the files through mapped network drive. I am using windows server 2K with 2 GB RAM.

Appreciate the help on this.

regards
nilesh soni

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-transfer-getting-worsened-on-shared-network-drive-windows-2000-server.352796/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I am trying to import a mailing list that was originally in excel, it has over 2000 entries. I successfully imported the file into access. Now I am trying to import to Outlook. I went to file-import/export- I went through the wizard, even mapping destinations if that window popped up, then I click finish and it shows a status box, it takes a really long time, then all the wizard boxes and status boxes disappear, with no message confirming that the files were imported, and the contacts do not appear. Then sometimes it has the error message that outlook has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I even made a two entry excel document and tried to import and it did the same thing. I have done the detect and repair option, also reinstalled office. WHAT DO I DO???? I need this mailing list in OUtlook bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help!
Liz

A:Outlook 2000 and Access 2000

Hi Liz, there's an article on the MS Knowledge base
OL2000: Import Wizard Procedure Incomplete (Q198318)
which may or may not be what's happening to you. There are several others that are close. Try searching here for "errors importing from access" or from Excel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-and-access-2000.67752/
Relevancy 46.44%

I an new to all of this and have been slowly figuring out the things I and Word Access 2000 2000 need but I am stumped on Access 2000 and Word 2000 a few issues I am revamping a Access datafile that I got from a friend I have made all the changes I need in my form but have the following problems I have an autonumber field on the form I want to reset the number to an number other than or I also want it to increase it by rather than a random number for each new record None of the books I have seen discuss how to rest the number to a number that I want to start at Also I put a text box in between the autofield label and autofield box I put a quot K- quot in this box I wanted it to be like a prefix for the autonumber when the form is printed The quot K- quot is there in design mode but when I switch to form mode some other characters are in the box I do not know where they came from When I switch back to design mode by quot K- quot is back in place How go I fix this My Access datafile is set up to print the form Then I want to go to Word and use the information in the fields to merge into various documents If I open a document and do one merge then Word sort of freezes When I go to open another Word document the open file screen is set for data files rather than Word quot docs quot and it will not let me open a regular Word doc I have to back out of Word restart it and then I am okay I heard there was some similar problem in Acess Is this the same problem How can I fix this Thank you to anyone who offers me a suggestion nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Old pc running windows 2000 OS and outlook 2003. i copied the outlook.nk2 file from its location to another computer running windows 7 professional, and outlook 2007. The .pst files and the archives files copied to the new location working alright but the cached file, outlook.nk2 does not work.
Location on the old computer-c\documents and settings\%user%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook.
The location copied to on the computer running windows 7 is c\users\%user%\applcation data\local\microsoft\outlook.
Any suggestion

A:Solved: outlook.nk2 file copied from windows 2000 pc running oulook 2003 not working

I just found the solution for the problem. the outlook.nk2 location in windows 7 is in the roaming folder so the path C\users\%user%\Appdata\roaming\microsoft\outlook and it worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-nk2-file-copied-from-windows-2000-pc-running-oulook-2003-not-working.1025703/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have an access 2000 database that I cannot view in design mode in 2003. In access 2000 I used to press the shift key and open the access 2000 database. It would then open up the data base for me instead of starting it in start-up form. But now when I try that in 2003 it just gives me the startup box, basically what a user would see when entering information. I was wondering how I would be able to view the database in access 2003 as if I was pressing the shift key and opening it up like in access 2000. I imagine it has something to do with the macros?

Is there a way of setting up the database in access 2003 (so I can view the data inside) instead of starting up the form

Thanks,
Cathy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/conversion-from-access-2000-to-access-2003.744383/
Relevancy 45.15%

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how I go about making a field a REQUIRED field. I have created a data access page which will be access by several users via our intranet. I want a error msg to pop up if a particular field is left blank. HOW do I do this via the data access page?

A:Access 2000 Data Access Page

Go into the design view of your table. click on the field that you want to be required. At the bottom of the screen there are some properties about the fields. In the required field change it to yes.

This will automatically make a pop up box that warns the person entering data that they cannot move onto the next record without entering info in this field.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2000-data-access-page.156478/