Windows Support Forum

Solved: blue screens black screens green screens

Q: Solved: blue screens black screens green screens

hi i ve had a slew of problems with my new computer -i get blue screened and it says a warning message that isn t the same from the previous windows you know hwo it normally said your system has become unstable and black screens screens Solved: blue green screens what not this message says that there was an error and windows is shutting itself down to prevent further damage -i get black screened iduno if thats the term but what happens is i ll Solved: blue screens black screens green screens be working on some files and then out of nowhere my monitor goes black the computer and monitor stay on but the monitor goes into some sort Solved: blue screens black screens green screens of standby mode thing where the power light flashes -i also ocassionally Solved: blue screens black screens green screens have trouble rebooting one of my other computers and whenever it gives me a problem the screen goes black and there s a green line that goes across the top of the monitor iv e tried spy ware removing programs anti viruses fire walls none of them seem to be working any help would be greatly apprecieated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: blue screens black screens green screens

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: blue screens black screens green screens

The issues sound a bit like a hardware failure, the blue STOP screen could be hardware or software.

The Black screen sounds like the PC has died, but the power supply continues to run. This could well be hardware.

Both issues could be something like overheating of the CPU (are all fans running, is the CPU fan dust clogged - shouldnt be if it's "new")?

If it's "new" and under warranty, take it back.

It would have helped to know if it was a desktop or laptop though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screens-black-screens-green-screens.436776/
Relevancy 125.24%

http I I forums techguy org hardware -extremely-loud-fan-crazy-temperature html I m beginning with this link because it is related to this previous issue Its still the same computer with the same general problems However I discovered that by ensuring white screens, of screens, black screens... nowhere! out blue that windows media player was constantly playing music the computer operates fast and smoothly for as long as I need it to sometimes longer white screens, black screens, blue screens... out of nowhere! than hours albeit with the fan running full speed and flooding the house with its noise All has been well until the other day I needed to burn some cds and reconnected the cdrom Since then its been subject to occasional freezes mostly when left to sit when I leave the house on a whim I ve noticed that I sometimes return to a black screen but erroneously attributed it to my white screens, black screens, blue screens... out of nowhere! computers failed attempts to hibernate even though that option is disabled Anyway its been working wonderfully anyway when I ve needed to use it However today I was doing a little basic browsing only about three tabs open of an automotive website I frequently read The screen randomly went all white while loading a page and the computer froze up My only option when it does that is to do a hard restart so I did I decided to disconnect my cdrom again The computer then booted up normally showed my desktop and loaded all icons and everything but before everything was up and running the whole screen went black and it froze Then I got this computers very first quot blue screen of death quot which cited critical hardware failure It didn t stay up long enough for me to read it and went back to the initial gateway boot screen I then turned it off out of fear Sorry this is so long but I feel like details results I haven t downloaded anything in a while I m pretty positive I m free of malware this literally happened out of nowhere Could someone please help me figure out what to do next This poor thing is on its last leg but its all I have at the moment besides my android Thanks nbsp

A:white screens, black screens, blue screens... out of nowhere!

OK, I have read you last thread and sounds like you made some progress.

Lets see the details of the Blue Screen, follow this guide to attach it to your next post.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in Windows Explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
NOTE To zip up a file in Windows (all versions). Right-click the file or folder, click on Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder and save it to your desktop.
Open Windows Explorer, click on Desktop in the left column so you can see the zip file. In the left column click on C: > Windows > Minidump and then drag & drop any additional .dmp files into the zip folder.

• Below the Message Box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a new window opens.
• Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
• Now click on the Upload button. When done, click on the Close this window button at the bottom of the page.
• Enter your message-text in the message box, then click on Submit Message/Reply.Click to expand...

Just re-posting the link for your last thread as you didn't post it correctly: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1013195-extremely-loud-fan-crazy-temperature.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screens-black-screens-blue-screens-out-of-nowhere.1037842/
Relevancy 116.87%

Hi

I have a e7740 Dell laptop that bluescreens and black screens when connected to VGA or HDMI

The errors are ntsokrnl + exe + 73bc0 and Fastfat.sys + 1d82

I have attached minidumps.

Can someone help me resolve this issue please?

A:Blue Screens and Black Screens when connected to VGA or HDMI

Moved to Bsod's for further help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screens-and-black-screens-when-connected-to-vga-or-hdmi-943041.html
Relevancy 114.7%

And I'm back again giving you another annoying dilemma to help me with Okay the problems are on my main pc The specs are below Windows Ult bit Gigabyte GA-UD H AMD Phenom II X T GB DDR PNY RAM GB Seagate HDD Dynex Watt Power Supply all parts were bought BRAND NEW These problems ONLY occur when the pc boots up for the first time after I shut it down at Rogue Blue screens/Black screens night and start it in the morning Every now and then the pc will boot up to Rogue Blue screens/Black screens the desktop Everything looks normal All the taskbar icons load internet connection everything However when I begin to use an application primarily firefox to browse the web the pc will begin to stutter The Rogue Blue screens/Black screens cursor movements become jagged and in about seconds the screen goes black The pc fans are still on but the hard drive light is off Once the screen went to a sky blue color instead of black but Rogue Blue screens/Black screens the outcome was the same The only way out is to reset the pc After that everything runs fine I can do anything to the pc and it never crashes This problem only occurs when the pc first initializes Another issue is random blue screens I've encountered about - in the past two months When I start my morning I boot my pc and walk out to get my coffee leaving it to idle Sometimes when I come back a BSOD is waiting for me Each time it's been the error code xF which doesn't do me a whole lot of good because that tells me it's a problem with hardware or software drivers I can't debug the dump files either because each time the pc blue screens it freezes before the memory can be dumped and saved So I have a barren minidump folder Event viewer doesn't say anything other than the pc shut down unexpectedly and all that And yes I've done the following -Set my pc to create minidump files -Ran memtest ram checked out OK -chkdsk OK -sfc scannow OK -Ran seatools boot disc couldn't load the environment correctly but worked on my laptop Any ideas As always thanks for your input

A:Rogue Blue screens/Black screens

How did you calculate PSU power? Seems a bit low...?

Could you please upload as instructed here even though you don't have dumps?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182248-rogue-blue-screens-black-screens.html
Relevancy 114.7%

My pc specs are below Windows Ult bit Gigabyte GA-UD H AMD Phenom II X T GB DDR PNY RAM GB Seagate HDD Dynex Watt Power Supply all parts were bought BRAND NEW These problems ONLY occur when the pc boots up for the first time after I shut it down at night and start it in the morning Every now and then the pc will boot up to the desktop Everything looks normal All the taskbar icons load internet connection everything However when I begin to use an application primarily firefox to browse the web the pc will begin to stutter The cursor movements become jagged and in about seconds the screen goes black The pc fans are still on Blue screens/Black Rogue screens but the hard drive light is off Once the screen went to a sky blue color instead of black but the outcome was the same The only way out is to reset Rogue Blue screens/Black screens the pc After that everything runs fine I can do anything to the pc and it never crashes This problem only occurs when the pc first initializes Another issue is random blue screens I ve encountered about - in the past two months When I start my morning I boot my pc and walk out to get my coffee leaving it to idle Sometimes when I come back a BSOD is waiting for me Each time it s been the error code xF which doesn t do me a whole lot of good because that tells me it s a problem with hardware or software drivers I can t debug the dump files either because each time the pc blue screens it freezes before the memory can be dumped and saved So I have a barren minidump folder Event viewer doesn t say anything other than the pc shut down unexpectedly and all that And yes I ve done the following -Set my pc to create minidump files -Ran memtest ram checked out OK -chkdsk OK -sfc scannow OK -Ran seatools boot disc couldn t load the environment correctly but worked on my laptop Any ideas As always thanks for your input nbsp

A:Rogue Blue screens/Black screens

Check the system Properties \ Startup and Recovery. Is the wright debug info set to Small Memory dump or Kernel Memory dump. You need it set to Small Memory dump to have a minidump log file in C:\Windows\minidump It would be best to have that file to see whats going on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rogue-blue-screens-black-screens.1013833/
Relevancy 104.47%

Hi, I am running Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5741 laptop. I have dual monitors running. One of them is going through the VGA output of my laptop and the other is going through a USB to VGA adapter. Neither of my monitors are HDMI ready, unfortunately.This has worked for a couple of years but in the USB to VGA monitor, there is now a black square around my cursor that is really annoying. I am guessing it must be some setting that I accidentally changed or that my cat changed by running across my keyboard.Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Dual screens, mouse has black square around it in one of the screens

See http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/516137-how-change-mouse-settings-windows-7-a.html and try restoring your mouse pointer back to what you want.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154319.0.html
Relevancy 100.13%

Hello!

I bought a new pc a few months ago but i had too many (more than 67 in 5 months) blue screens in the last months.

I uploaded a few of them here. Can someone please check them for me and tell me whats wrong with my pc/os ?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I runned orthos (more than 16 hours) and memtest without having any problems.

My system:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE MA790GP-DS4H AMD 790GX DDR2 HDMI HD3300
Cpu: Phenom II X4 940 Quad-Core 3.0GHz 8MB AM2+Black Edition
Ram: KINGSTON HyperX 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 CL5
Hdd: WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black SATA2 500GB 32MB
GPU: HIS HD4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB 256bit GDDR5 16X

A:Vista 64 bit Random Blue Screens (67 blue screens in 5 months)

Okay, I read six of your most recent minidumps contained in your first Zip file and all four in your second Zip file.

Here are the ones that stand out because they give a probable cause.

Two errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The driver cited in both is klim6.sys which belongs to Kaspersky.

Four errors are 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors.

0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address an IRQ Level they have no business doing.

In all four the same Kaspersky driver kl1.sys was cited as the probable cause of your system crashes.

* I suggest updating Kaspersky and/or doing a search on their forums to see what the community has to say.

By the way, nice PC.

* Get back to us with any results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-64-bit-random-blue-screens-67-blue-screens-in-5-months.136306/
Relevancy 97.65%

this is a copy paste horizontal and gtx 970 10 lines.. black flickering, green win screens, mine ofcourse and will start a thread with it becouse i find this important ---------------- i want to share with you my bad experience with win and the gtx zotac maybe this can help you sorry im from chile and i dont win 10 and gtx 970 flickering, black screens, horizontal green lines.. speak english very well i bought my gtx used from the internet well almost the whole pc is used but it works pretty well until i installed win pro bit and the new gpu my pc i k mb intel dx si gb of ram in quad channel ssd intel win original hdd wd tb win cracked LG k tv with hdmi and compatibility b i bought the gtx i was using a HD for gaming and it did the job pretty well win but limited to p gaming so i bought the and uninstalled the amd drivers then installed the lastest nvidia drivers and here start the nightmare lol opened trackmania and got black screens flickering random horizontal lines not the whole time and when exiting the game i got artifacts in the win desktop lol white dots everywhere the majority of the time i can play it with no problems but somethimes i get white dots in the win desktop Yesterday i got green horizontal lines while playing crysis just gave me white dots not always but when i close the game i get white dots everywhere And noticed something when the fan goes to it start to show artifacts not real artifacts just white dots they dont look like real artifacts CS GO screen flickering and horizontal lines BF pretty good game no problems at all gta no problems youtube its weird but i got artifacts when whatching videos i also overclocked it to with the stock voltaje and got fps more in bf P after a week surfing on the internet and sad bcouse i wasnt enjoyning my new pc i spent something like usd in total I started to research the problem by my self found something Went to chroma to and problem solved then went back to and no problems at all But then i started to get flickering and horizontal lines in cs go so i decided to boot my pc from the HDD win Long story short been playing all the games i have and no sing of any problem so i could say that win is just too premature to handle k content or even recent gpu's i will stay away from win for a while hope it helps to you

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66175-win-10-gtx-970-flickering-black-screens-horizontal-green-lines.html
Relevancy 97.65%

Hi peoples I have the ugly blue screen that tells me I have a spyware problem so I run spybot adaware and avg AVG comes up with nothing adware and spybot do Spybot came up with registry changes that allowed me to change my background from the ugly blue thing to anything until restarted Anyways after I ran them I restarted the computer Once it restarts it begins to do a blue screen skip to me lu First it tells me I have a BOGUS DRIVER then a BAD POOL HEADER and then a KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Each time it 3 Blue/Green Script and Screens Error a does it it acts a though it's going to restart my computer but yet I can still see the quick bar below is loading such as rainlender so I press space and it goes back to my desktop it does 3 Error Blue/Green Screens and a Script it times each time going to the XP rebooting screen Once it's finish with the blue screens it tells me it cannot script ttl tmp vbs Once that is done I run Hijack this and panda Those will also be attached My computer isn't slow or anything which is surprising but it does keep going to blue screens at boot up and even once while typing this and while I'm surfing the internet a new one that came up was NO MORE IRP STACK LOCATIONS I just press space and continue to do what iwas doing but the blue screens still pop up Thanks for any help that can be offered

A:3 Error Blue/Green Screens and a Script

Okay I edited once and I don't see the edit button anymore.

Anyways, some fake looking Antivirus xp 2008 came up...I know it's fake cause I never installed it on here. It's checking for viruses and it's at 752...i'm attempting to close it. But i dunno.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/3-error-blue-green-screens-and-a-script-261920.html
Relevancy 96.72%

The last two weeks crashing... green, etc white, death, screens of Blue, my computer has been crashing with multiple times BSOD sometimes it recovers if I don't have full screen of an browser The windows message Blue, white, green, etc screens of death, crashing... that comes up when it recovers is The display message that comes up is quot Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered quot occasional i'll get one about a video converter or something My computer never crashes unless I've got a browser open but's not automatic it shuts down not too long after having it open I'm thinking I need a new graphics card IDK what the heck is going on here are my specs OS MS Windows Home Premium Service Pack CPU AMD Phenom II X Processor Network Device NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Memory MB MB M N TD Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series I've tried deleting my drivers on my graphics card and the downloading them again I downloaded some anti malware virus programs like Spybot Search and destroy Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and even checked for any new chipsets for my motherboard Nada Everything good and up to date My CPU is running at Celsius and my computers temp is F I'm not sure what the heck Someone help me BTW I'm a computer noob so if you ask me to do something please explain how to do it Thank you

A:Blue, white, green, etc screens of death, crashing...

Hello and welcome allen mate how old is the machine and if you want get some specs on run this

Speccy - Download

then this

SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279398-blue-white-green-etc-screens-death-crashing.html
Relevancy 95.48%

I need the MB jumpers configuration.The MB is cycling Red Green Blue screens when turned on. This MB is supposed to be a New MB. . It seems to be in a diagnostic mode.No HP logo or BIOS/UEFI information showing up on the screen before the colors cycling.It behaves this way with or without the Hard Drive connected.I replaced it because the original MB didn?t turn on at all.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-20-b010-cycling-Red-Green-Blue-screens-when-turned/td-p/5831321
Relevancy 94.86%

recent crash many screens! Solved: Screens...so Blue blue dumps Since I can t figure out the cause I humbly come to you Solved: Blue Screens...so many blue screens! for help Here is my my WhoCrashed report System Information local computer name PL-PC windows version Windows Vista Service Pack build windows dir C Windows CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Wed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module win k sys win k x C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFFFE A x xFFFFFFFF A C x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system win k sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Multi-User Win Driver Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Wed Solved: Blue Screens...so many blue screens! PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module win k sys win k EngEraseSurface x Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFFFE A x xFFFFFFFF A C x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system win k sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Multi-User Win Driver Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlpa exe nt xCDABF Bugcheck code xC x xFFFFFFFFB AA x x Error BAD POOL CALLER file path C Windows system ntkrnlpa exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module fltmgr sys fltmgr x C F Bugcheck code xC x xFFFFFFFFD xFFFFFFFFD x Error DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION file path C Windows system drivers fltmgr sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager Bug check description This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier The driver attempted to free memory after having written past the end of the allocation A bug check with this parameter occurs only when the Pool Tracking option of Driver Verifier is active This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module usbport sys USBPORT x C B Bugcheck code xA xFFFFFFFF D CCD x x xFFFFFFFF D CCD Error I... Read more

Relevancy 92.69%

Hello everyone, i keep getting BSOD's and black screen's even...please look at this folder and tell me what i need to do to fix this..do i need a new power sorce perhaps?

A:Blue and black screens, please help..

Hello ildatch and welcome to Sevenforums.

* Since when did you start having these issues?
* Have you installed anything new recently? (such as software, drivers, hardware)
* Did you install AVG recently, did the BSOD happen after an AVG installation?

----
BSOD Analyse

Combining your crash dumps and the general view of BSODs culprits, I'd suggest you to have a look at your memory, the sticks. Through decades people have been using the bootable tool called Memtest86+ and it's basically very unique in these manners.
Be sure to check your warranty rules and regulations before opening your case.* Memtest86+ is USB-ready, and can be booted directly from it. Download the flashdrive wizard.
* To ensure that either your sticks OR your motherboard slots are broken, it's necessary to do the below procedure-
* Pull out all sticks except ONE, scan it.
* If no errors, pull the scanned stick into another slot.
* Proceed like this until you've scanned all sticks individually, and all the slots.
Code:
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception
Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248386-blue-black-screens-please-help.html
Relevancy 92.38%

Recently - past couple of weeks - I've been encountering "blue screens" at boot-up in the morning. I know these are serious, and probably indicate a new PC is needed; but maybe not. Can anyone please tell me how serious these errors are, and what the error source might be, based on the following technical information my system offers?:

12/20/11 - BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 (ox00000020, 0xE6C30500, 0xE6C31178, 0x0D8FF728)

12/22/11 - STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x00000074, 0xAF7E3C28, 0x00000000)

12/31/11 - 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8056BEF6, 0xAF247A80, 0x00000000)

Thank you.

A:Stop Error Screens ("Blue screens")

This could be caused by a bad hard drive, bad ram or software/driver that was recently installed.
Does the blue screen occur prior to logging into Windows?
Have you tried to boot into Windows safe mode?
Have you tried going back to a previous restore point?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-error-screens-blue-screens-621636.html
Relevancy 91.76%

My computer has these phases when it crashes about - times a day with the same way The monitor turns black and GPU coolergoes to Only thing I can do is hard reset the computer I finally managed to black and Random screens. blue get a bluescreen about it Ahh finally got the minidump attached here I've Random black and blue screens. tried an alternative GPU and watching the temps on both CPU and GPU all the time and there is nothing wrong with the temps The monitor just suddenly goes black and gets the fan speed at Tried to reinstall windows tens of times but nothing seems to help Sometimes it's stable as rock and I can play BF Crysis BFBC and Witcher on ultra for hours on end and the computer is stable Sometimes it's just when I'm idling and surfing the internet and talking to friends on steam etc it crashes Sometimes I can't even get to windows login screen without the computer crashing Still haven't found a sure way to make to computer crash and it seems to be completely random Help would be appreciated AS I've said I've reinstalled windows and all drivers tens of times I've changed my mobo which was faulty but the same problem came back I'm thinking it's either the GPU MOBO CPU or my PSU But I really don't have the money to get this checked since it's like euros an hour and they might not even get it to crash when I can't find an exact situation where it would crash I hope the blue screen minidump helps something

A:Random black and blue screens.

It is much easier to find patterns, etc, when there are more than one crash.

We prefer you wait until you have at least two so that if one is corrupt the other probably wont be.

I would start by removing Avast and updating to sp-1
Avast can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Please run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and then update to SP-1
32 Bit

Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [February 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

64 Bit

Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [February 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
Now update to SP-1

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218645-random-black-blue-screens.html
Relevancy 91.76%

I experience Black and blue screens in windows 10 lately
I clean uninstaled GPU drivers and installed newest, but again BSOD
here is info, what to do to solve this, is it faulty HW or software, OS settings?

A:Black and blue screens in windows 10?

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54573-black-blue-screens-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 91.76%

YES TAT IS RIGHT NEVERENDING NEVERDISAPPEARING SCREENS I get the black and white screen on RIGHT after booting So I ve tryed all of those NONE of them made a difference Does the SAME THING Loads Loads Loads Bar stops moveing BLUE SCREEN quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer UNMOUNTABLE BOOT And Neverending Black Blue Screens! VOLUME If this is the first time you ve recived this Stop error screen restart your computer Done like thousand times if this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure BLAH BLAH BLAH DONE ALL THAT NOTHING WORKS Technical information STOP x ED x CCB x x x quot I AM PISSED OFF When I get the black quot Windows has been restarted unproperly or wasn t responding quot screen like half of it is cut off The TOP of what it says is in the lower middle leaveing some of what it says off the screen followed with a sentence at the top which is around the end Then the choices It does the same thing if I do the F thingie when booting So then Neverending Blue And Black Screens! choices I can t see Neverending Blue And Black Screens! I have a Dell Demension E with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Any help is appreciated I might be able to post some pictures if my sister lets me use her digital camera Right now I m useing her laptop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/neverending-blue-and-black-screens.603092/
Relevancy 91.76%

I experience Black and blue screens in windows 10 lately
I clean uninstaled GPU drivers and installed newest, but again BSOD
here is info, what to do to solve this, is it faulty HW or software, OS settings?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/54573-black-blue-screens-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 91.14%

I had a better card in the PC and was running the AMD catalyst drivers.
I took that card out and put in the x1300.

Several times noticed some weird effects.
Then today I powered down cause it was pink, and it refused to turn on the screen.
So I let it sit and it is working again.

I did not uninstall catalyst AMD drivers, is that a problem? the x1300 is not a supported video card.

If it is a problem, then are the AMD drivers destroying the card? (terminating the old technology to make you get new technology)

A:Pink screens, white screens, odd colors amd x1300 pro

Hi there .. It is more than likely the Card you Installed is faulty .. When you Installed that Card Windows would try to find a Driver for it .. Its a pretty old Card i know there are some Vista Drivers available for it .. Not sure about 64 Bit Drivers though ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/324329-pink-screens-white-screens-odd-colors-amd-x1300-pro.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Hello there So I got a new computer assembled about weeks ago Motherboard ASRock B M CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge HDD Samsung Spinpoint GPU MSI R - PMD GD OC Radeon OS Windows Booted it up downloaded W and the drivers got Norton anti-virus and all seemed well up until I tried downloading some games Star Wars Battlefront gave me Blue Screens at random points and World of Warcraft would crash about a minute into playing after I logged into a character So I go onto the internet to try and find a cure to this when bam Computer gets another Blue Screen and restarts Goes to the mobo screen WoW, playing Blue Black a now Screens Screen. has Windows loading and then nothing Screen is just black No Blue Screens playing WoW, now a Black Screen. log in for Windows or anything So I screw around with it for a bit turn it off using the power supply button on the back restarting it nothing works It just reloads up until the log in screen should show up but never does I figured that my OS must've just gone to hell so I just re-installed Windows Downloaded Norton instantly then drivers Reinstalled WoW alone just to see Blue Screens playing WoW, now a Black Screen. if it would work Wouldn't you know it today I get the same exact black screen problem I did the last time and for no reason I can think of I shut it down last night turned it on this morning and there's no log in command I am completely at a loss here Any help would be appreciated I unfortunately can't show the Blue Screens because well I can't get on to them

A:Blue Screens playing WoW, now a Black Screen.

Welcome aboard, Rufin.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we may have the necessary information that we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254334-blue-screens-playing-wow-now-black-screen.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Thinkpad X60, XP pro sp2, 4 years old
In the past week the laptop has frozen 4 times, the last with a black screen of death. Each time a different colour screen of doom. Ideas please.
What is the reason(s) for this ?
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-black-brown-screens-of-death.952043/
Relevancy 89.9%

Hello there Few days ago black screens screen blue BSOD) and Wierd (NOT while I was fighting the final boss in ME the screen turned to lines of blue sound frozen and nothing was responding The red light was off Restarted entered the windows after few loadings the screen went black and nothing was responding as well Restarted again and got the same thing Closed the pc for few minutes and powered it on again and it worked fine for a day I always leave the computer on while I'm sleeping to download stuff yesterday I wake up and I found yet another black screen nothing was responding restarted and found that all my downloads stopped completely few Wierd blue screens and black screen (NOT BSOD) minutes after I went to sleep so the black screen appeared just after I left Wierd blue screens and black screen (NOT BSOD) the pc few minutes ago I was playing ME then all of the sudden the game crashed and got the sending error message reran the game Wierd blue screens and black screen (NOT BSOD) again and right after loading the save it crashed again Then I ran Fifa and during the st match the screen went blue Turned off the pc and here I'm I would like to know what the hell is going on and what's wrong with my computer Is it the rams the CPU what is it

A:Wierd blue screens and black screen (NOT BSOD)

You can check your memory in W7 by typing memory diagnostics in search or go to control panel - administrative tools - windows memory diagnostics. Try updating your video drivers - 10.1 catalyst drivers are available now -
Graphics Drivers & Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/59367-wierd-blue-screens-black-screen-not-bsod.html
Relevancy 89.9%

I am bein plagued by random blue screens and random black screens or freezes This has been happening for upwards nightmares freezing black screen screens blue lol of a year now I really cant pinpoint what is causing it Ive done memtest memory is ok The specs are windows bit Antec blue screen black screens freezing nightmares lol Fusion case w Amd Athlond Dual Core e ghz samsung hd uj tb motherboard is gigabyte ma gm-ud h gb corsair memory computer outpute to both hdmi and monitor I have tried everything somtimes i blue screen black screens freezing nightmares lol think it is the amd drivers which are the blue screen black screens freezing nightmares lol latest done memtest ok sometimes getting smart errors on harddrive sometimes it seems if just playing videos cause ti one point was only crashing when watching certain online videos Done numerous clean installs this is the latest one sometimes will do funny things in post like lock up or lines or be slow to post i dissconnected dvdr and seems to load up quicker so then thought wasnt enough power for the comp I took the computer to a repair shop and the guy said the motherboard was short circuiting on the case The computer was ok for a couple of weeks but then started again It can function fine for a while or then just constantly blue screen Im just totally lost I have attached the mini dump since the latest reformat Please please can some one give me some advice Thanks shaun

A:blue screen black screens freezing nightmares lol

Code:
dtsoftbus01.sys Thu Jan 13 03:27:08 2011 (4D2EB75C)
Start off by uninstalling Daemon Tools. It is known to cause problems with Windows 7.

Code:
Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D)
Update your Realtek drivers - here

Run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html
3. Hard drive scan using SeaTools - Both long and short tests

Code:
Event[957]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnostic
Date: 2011-04-14T16:23:40.315
Event ID: 1
Task: N/A
Level: Critical
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Mallon-PC
Description:
Windows Disk Diagnostic detected a S.M.A.R.T. fault on disk SAMSUNG HD103UJ ATA Device (volumes C:\;D:\). This disk might fail; back up your computer now. All data on the hard disk, including files, documents, pictures, programs, and settings might be lost if your hard disk fails. To determine if the hard disk needs to be repaired or replaced, contact the manufacturer of your computer. If you can't back up (for example, you have no CDs or other backup media), you should shut down your computer and restart when you have backup media available. In the meantime, do not save any critical files to this disk.

Event[958]:
Log Name: System
Source: Disk
Date: 2011-04-14T16:23:39.238
Event ID: 52
Task: N/A
Level: Warning
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Mallon-PC
Description:
The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.
I would back up your stuff like it says and if you can warranty return the hard drive or buy a new one.

If the crashes continue then I would like for you to enable driver verifier - Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Thu Apr 14 13:08:03.035 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:37.798
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for PCIIDEX.SYS -
Probably caused by : ataport.SYS ( ataport!IdeStartIoCallBack+2e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_0
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_0_ataport!IdeStartIoCallBack+2e
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Apr 14 13:04:18.312 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:11.076
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiProtectPool+226 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_nt!MiProtectPool+226
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Apr 14 11:38:59.180 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:15:23.943
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+46 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: MOM.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+46

Code:
fffff880`06995000 fffff880`069d3000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Sat Nov 20 05:44:56 2010 (4CE7A6A8)
fffff880`00f26000 fffff880`00f7d000 ACPI ACPI.sys Sat Nov 20 04:19:16 2010 (4CE79294)
fffff880`03a53000 fffff880`03adc000 afd afd.sys Sat Nov 20 04:23:27 2010 (4CE7938F)
fffff880`0721c000 fffff880`07232000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Mon Jul 13 20:10:24 2009 (4A5BCCF0)
fffff880`06c49000 fffff880`06c5d000 amdiox64 amdiox64.sys Thu Feb 18 10:17:53 2... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157040-blue-screen-black-screens-freezing-nightmares-lol.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Hey all If this is Screens on 2 of Information Screens Multiple Displaying in the wrong place then please move it Anyway I ve been asked to put up Displaying Multiple Screens of Information on 2 Screens two televisions that will display the same information in the office At the moment it s going well I have a single computer underneath Displaying Multiple Screens of Information on 2 Screens one television that has the information playing on a slideshow and it s connected to a VGA splitter This splitter then splits the image so that the same information is displaying on the TV on the opposite side of the office the VGA cable runs up into the ceiling and across However they now want more information being displayed Specifically they want a real time web-based interface to be shown and for the screen to flick between the slideshow and the real time interface The slideshow only shows one image - a graph showing their call times I was wondering if there s any easy way to do this All that I can think of is putting the image of the graph on one side of the screen and the web-based interface on the other I was kind of hoping for it to be in full screen though so it s easier to see and people don t have to leave their desks in order to see it Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/displaying-multiple-screens-of-information-on-2-screens.1084679/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi guys. I'm not to experienced with computers and software/hardware but hopefully you can help me out. (A friend recommended me here). My computer recently started crashing and the problem windows is saying it is is ''Blue Screen''. I've tried to restore it to a earlier time using System restore but that doesn't work.

The first problem is that when I play World of Warcraft and switch between WoW and Desktop that my computer will sometimes (Randomly) crash in the process of switching which all it shows is a black screen but i can still hear the sound. The second problem is that, again when im switching between wow and the desktop that it will just (Randomly) restart itself.

Hope i posted in the correct section ^^

A:HELP!! Computer black screens/Random restart ''Blue screen''

Lets start with the basic's

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320311-help-computer-black-screens-random-restart-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 88.97%

I have no clue why it does this the temperature seems to be fine it just crashes goes to a blue or just a plain black screen. Would really appreciate some help.

Comp info:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.40, 12/4/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.72 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.21 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory 12.4 GB
Page File Space 7.72 GB

A:Comp blue screens when i play games or just goes completely black.

Welcome to TSG!

What kind of games?

If they are modern "high" end games then "Radeon(tm) HD Graphics" will be a large part of the problem. Onboard graphics do not handle gaming very well.

If lower end games;
are your graphics drivers up to date?
Java, Flash, DirectX should also be up to date.

If those are, maybe check for any audio drivers. (bad audio drivers can crash a system too)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-blue-screens-when-i-play-games-or-just-goes-completely-black.1119433/
Relevancy 88.97%

so this have bin going on for quite some time thought i had it fixed but it came back again im pretty sure its not a overheat problem the cpu get to c and the gpu sometimes reach c the gpu has a fry point at c so it shouldn t Computer during blue up screens/Black screen/Locks gaming fail until it reaches c this happens to all my games and at different times sometime i can play an entire day without anything happening and sometimes i can just start the game Computer blue screens/Black screen/Locks up during gaming and it locks up blue screen black screen it can handle movies without anything happening tried running dmark for min but it passed fine and no crash occurred nor any error s ive looked in the even viewer witch says nothing about the computer crashing the cpu usage is at pretty much no matter what i do and i have lag on desktop sometimes dont think this is a registry or fragmented file error since i run advanced system care and Smart Defrag on a daily basis i got a new motherboard and new cpu for about months Computer blue screens/Black screen/Locks up during gaming ago months ago the crashing started happening and shortly after that my grafik card got toasted so i bought a new one and it worked fine for about a week then it started crashing again all my games are usually grafik intense but since it crashes i play on low don t know why since it crashes anyway one interesting note that doesn t happen every time is that the grafik is failing and everything becomes blurred lines when that happens i shut down the game and let the PC rest but this doesn t happen very often things Ive tried ignore it added more fans increased fan speed reinstall winblows bought a new hdd memtest found no problems hot cpu tester pro found no problems check for driver updates everything was up to date Seatools for winblows found no problems System Spec Motherboard Biostar GF M TE Power Supply Rasurbo Basic Power XII W Processor AMD Athlon BE Ghz Memory MB RAM Hard Drive Barracuda mb GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Fujitsu Siemens Amilo LSL W Sound Card Realtek HD Audio output Operating System Windows XP Professional SP computer s temperature at startup GPU c HD c HD c Core c Core c computer s temperature at passive usage GPU c HD c HD c Core c Core c dont know the temperature readings during gaming but when i started up the pc after a crash theyr at the same temp as the passive The heat readings are taken with Speedfan dont know what to do anymore please help note crashes only happens during gaming nbsp

Relevancy 88.04%

I did a Windows Update My alternating death, update, After then black screens screen of blue windows computer was fine for a few minutes then the blue screen After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens appeared My son quickly turned off power to my computer He said the blue screen indicated that I was losing physical memory When I started up my computer several minutes later it got me to the user accounts screen I decided to watch and wait and again the blue screen popped up Again my son turned off power to computer After several minutes another attempt was made to start up the computer All that came up were black screens First the BIOS screen with the energy star appears then goes black then a black troubleshooting screen saying quot We are sorry for your inconvenience quot with a count down clock of seconds This cycle of BIOS screen and troubleshooting screen repeats until I again turn off the computer manually This has happened before It was solved by me getting so frustrated that I stored the computer until I could decide what to do I just recently pulled it out of storage and lo and behold it was up and running again until today Any suggestions Also the video card keeps popping out whenever I move the After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens tower Should I replace the computer case or junk the tower and start all over again nbsp

A:After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens

Thank you for viewing my thread. Unfortunately, no one has replied since posting the threat, so I have gone elsewhere.

zerosmommy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-update-blue-screen-of-death-then-alternating-black-screens.687312/
Relevancy 86.18%

Where can I get (and how can I install) bootskins and logon screens for Windows 7....

Preferably an official (or official looking) FBI or CIA or NCIS or one of those other cool Agencies......

and just any cool or decent boot screen that isnt officially a boring windows boot screen (Like the glowing balls of color that swirl around and then form the Windows Flag...)

Any help, comments, suggestions, insults, compliments, advice, anything at all, is welcome.

A:Boot screens and logon screens....

What boot screen are you talking about? Where I work we have no "Agency" specific boot screen. It is just the default Windows Logon/Boot Screen. If you one of those ones you see in the movies, then you are out of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330688/boot-screens-and-logon-screens/
Relevancy 86.18%

HI-

Why when I click on options (like to do a restore) does the window or screen pop up blank- no options available?

Thank you for any help you can offer

L

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-screens-blank-screens-85169.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Okies so Up of Solved: Black doom. screens until yesterday my computer was running great Not a problem in Solved: Black screens of doom. the world But the power went out while I was powering down yesterday and now once I load past my BIOS screens when it gets too the point where it s saposed too start loading Solved: Black screens of doom. Windows the computers screen just goes black Everything still has power and everything still runs the screen just goes black I assumed that it was a problem with the hard disk erasing Solved: Black screens of doom. something vital so I popped in my Windows disk and was just going too completely wipe the hard disk and re-install windows Well when I boot from disk it does the exact same insted of going too the blue Windows XP install screen the screen just goes black Any help on this issue would be greatly appriciated My system specs are as follows CPU AMD Athlon GHz Ram Kingston ValueRAM GB -Pin DDR Motherboard ECS KN Lite A Operating system XP Pro Video Card nVidia GeForce Video settings x Hard drive Maxtor gig Once again thanks in advance for any help you can offer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screens-of-doom.573083/
Relevancy 85.25%

Hello,

I've just taken delivery of a new system that includes a 19" Relisys TFT monitor.

The screen has three tiny green dots that I assume are dead pixels, I mentioned this to the supplier and they made out it was not a problem. Never having used a TFT monitor before I don't know if this is normal, but I do expect something new to be in perfect condition.

Regards....CC

Relevancy 84.94%

? Windows 7
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Win 7
? full retail version
? Age of system (hardware) 3 Years (Graphics card anad power supply 4 months)
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Age 6 months (was reinstalled)

? CPU AMD Phenom II x4 965 Processor (4 CPUs)m ~3.4GHz
? Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
? MotherBoard Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
? Power Supply - Rosewill 1000w

? System Manufacturer - Self Built

Please and Thankyou :)

A:[SOLVED] 2 Blue Screens in 30 min

Recommendations:Crashes blame your display drivers, but the BugCheck points to Bitdefender as a more likely culprit. Remove Bitdefender and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if the system is more stable.Bitdefender Support | How to uninstall Bitdefender

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Outdated and Problematic Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers.
nusb3hub.sys Fri Nov 20 03:15:57 2009 (4B066C5D)
NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous BSOD issues with 2010 version)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nusb3hub.sys

nusb3xhc.sys Fri Nov 20 03:16:01 2009 (4B066C61)
NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous BSOD issues with 2010 version)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nusb3xhc.sys

dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 06:45:46 2012 (4F10358A)
Daemon Tools driver [br] Possible BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dtsoftbus01.sys

sptd.sys Sat Aug 18 15:05:38 2012 (503003A2)
SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known BSOD issues with Win7)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sptd.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if no driver updates are available for the device. If it does not make sense to remove the device, i.e. the device is a motherboard, please ask us for further assistance.Uninstall or change a program

Open Device Manager
3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
**************************Fri Mar 22 11:46:42.062 2013 (UTC - 6:00)**************************
Rt64win7.sys Thu Aug 20 10:05:06 2009 (4A8D7432)
nusb3hub.sys Fri Nov 20 03:15:57 2009 (4B066C5D)
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Nov 20 03:16:01 2009 (4B066C61)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Dec 8 03:20:05 2009 (4B1E2855)
bdvedisk.sys Tue Jan 19 08:45:31 2010 (4B55D39B)
nx6000.sys Wed Jan 27 16:36:09 2010 (4B60CDE9)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 10:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
bdfsfltr.sys Wed Jul 27 09:23:21 2011 (4E302D69)
trufos.sys Wed Oct 19 03:10:43 2011 (4E9E9413)
bdfwfpf.sys Mon Nov 14 10:16:17 2011 (4EC14CE1)
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 06:45:46 2012 (4F10358A)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 13:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
bdfndisf6.sys Mon Jun 18 05:55:01 2012 (4FDF1715)
nvhda64v.sys Tue Jul 3 09:25:04 2012 (4FF30ED0)
sptd.sys Sat Aug 18 15:05:38 2012 (503003A2)
avc3.sys Thu Oct 4 09:23:55 2012 (506DAA0B)
avckf.sys Thu Oct 4 09:28:03 2012 (506DAB03)
avchv.sys Wed Oct 31 11:05:22 2012 (50915A52)
point64.sys Wed Jan 9 04:15:52 20... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-2-blue-screens-in-30-min-690556.html
Relevancy 84.94%

I'm pretty sure this is related to a bad driver somewhere but I can't really track it down. Any help would be appreciated!!

? OS: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
? 64 Bit ? Original OS: Windows XP
? Retail Version
? Age of system: Varies (Custom built)
? Age of OS installation: About a year
? CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555
? Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465
? MotherBoard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A79XTD EVO Rev X.0X
? Power Supply - brand & wattage
? System Manufacturer: Custom Built
? Exact model number: Custom Built
Desktop

A:[SOLVED] Blue Screens

Hi,

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88013233606, fffff8800983d4a0, 0}

Code:

1: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
fffff880`0983cbd8 fffff800`02e82169 nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0983cbe0 fffff800`02e81abc nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0983cd20 fffff800`02ead75d nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+0x7c
fffff880`0983cd60 fffff800`02eac535 nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`0983cd90 fffff800`02ebd4c1 nt!RtlDispatchException+0x415
fffff880`0983d470 fffff800`02e82242 nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
fffff880`0983db10 fffff800`02e80dba nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`0983dcf0 fffff880`13233606 nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
fffff880`0983de80 00000000`00000000 nvlddmkm+0x1b1606
nvlddmkm.sys is the nVidia video driver.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

----------------------

1. ASACPI.sys is listed and loaded which is the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win 7 and Win 8). Also a part of many Asus utilities. Uninstall ASAP, especially since yours is dated from 2005.

Code:

1: kd> lmvm asacpi
start end module name
fffff880`03f5f000 fffff880`03f67000 ASACPI (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ASACPI.sys
Image name: ASACPI.sys
Timestamp: Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
2. Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-blue-screens-838786.html
Relevancy 84.94%

Hi All,

I am still getting blue screens. I managed to change a setting so that it does not restart, but I have to restart it anyway. I read several of the other threads regarding blue screens and the "driver IRQL not less or equal" message that appears near the top of the blue screen. I followed the directions in one post and looked at the error log in my system and it appears as though the majority of my problems are due to the following: "The USB Client service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to correct it?

Thanks!!

Relevancy 84.32%

A friend of mine has been having problems with his computer and has asked me to take a look He has been experiencing System folder opening on startup every time and totally black screens at random requiring the computer to & Problem Screens Black Solved: System32 be restarted Solved: System32 & Black Screens Problem When it was handed to me I used it for a couple of hours each day for two days with no problems whatsoever apart from Sytem folder opening each time on startup Then I got my first black screen and then they came more and more frequent until in the end I was forced to use the HDD as a slave in Solved: System32 & Black Screens Problem a different computer to run some scans on it I have run a full system scan with a fully updated Solved: System32 & Black Screens Problem AVG free edition which found one virus Trojan Horse small P which had already been quarantined by McAfee which he has installed I have run a full system scan with a fully updated Ad-aware which detected and removed over items I have run a scan with a fully updated Spybot which detected and removed another items At the moment it appears that the Black Screens MAY have stopped but System folder is still insisting on opening on startup and the computer does seem a little slow for a P Ghz XP Home machine I would be grateful if someone could please inspect the HJT Log Below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C ATI-CPanel atiptaxx exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA SEASID SS HEL EXE C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files AOL a aoltray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG Configuration Utility WG CFG exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-gb bin WindowsSearch exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe c program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-gb bin WindowsSearchIndexer exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Jamie Johnston Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www wanadoo co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http as weatherstudio com dp sear lDcs j Lb g k pFy I Ej zHdtiv U QWIkEeysoZ kR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http as weatherstudio com dp sear v Yam aH Z qvG E mCnfqipIq Cp ER aMGWtnYNnc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page C Program Files AOL Toolbar welcome html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer Provided By Wanadoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Intern... Read more

Relevancy 84.32%

Hi Guys,
Im just asking, sometimes when I play games there are sudden black screens, but these black screens dont make my pc hang but the pc just recovers after 1 or 2 seconds and i can still play the game. this happens randomly and i dont know what is causing this? is it of the heat? theres no need for restart or control alt delete cause my system doesnt hang there is just a black screen for just a second.

my specs are windows vista home basic 32 bit, 3 gig ram, gts 250, core2duo e4600 2.40

A:Solved: When playing there are random black screens

Try to install a graphics card into your machine. The black screen is probably because of your hardware is unable to process the graphics render.
Michigan computer repair

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-when-playing-there-are-random-black-screens.979746/
Relevancy 84.32%

Hey, would really appreciate some help with my problem it is driving me crazy! I am running windows 8 on a 500gb hdd 4gb ram laptop. I have been putting videos from my SLR Camera in .mov onto my pc and suddenly I can't play them. On quicktime/media player there is sound but no video. On VLC there is video but with these white lines all through it and very jittery, sound works ok though... Then also online (using chrome) facebook and vimeo videos have no sound and a green screen... I tried to disable graphics acceleration on adobe but this didn't help with any of the problems.

Some videos still play on VLC like .mp4 but .mov definitley doesn't seem to work anywhere... I am preety sure these issues are linked (online green screens/.mov not working) since both started today.

Thank you,
Joe

A:Green screens and no VLC/Media player, please help!

Have you tried cyberlink Power DVD player it is good you can get dvd 12,14, and the latest 15 you can get a 30 day trial to see if you like it.
I use it all the time and now have the paid version.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126035-green-screens-no-vlc-media-player-please-help.html
Relevancy 84.01%

Hi guys please help me Solved: Help and restarts screens with blue My computer is running fine I just installed windows update that contains WGA Internet Explorer and Malicious tool for May and also I installed Autocad After I installed those progs I restarted my PC and then while starting up it always restarts I just noticed that the restart happens before Antivir guard becomes active I dont know if one prog is trying to run that makes my pc Solved: Help with blue screens and restarts restart I tried on Solved: Help with blue screens and restarts safe mode and it works smoothly but for normal mode it always restarts And now sometime windows can successfully start and will say that windows recovered from a serious error and then it will display quot generic host process quot is not responding and Solved: Help with blue screens and restarts needs to close I also got blue screens sometimes quot memory management quot and sometimes quot IRQ less not equal quot and last time it says quot igxpmp sys quot which I believe is caused by video card I also tried to repair winxp using my winxp cd but it also displayed blue screen in the middle of the installation Please help me I dont know if this is a software or hardware failure Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:Solved: Help with blue screens and restarts

edit since you are seeing this in the BSOD ("igxpmp32.sys") you should uninstall and reinstall your display driver. Update them if a later version is available.
1> You could try doing a system restore to a date prior to these installs and then install them one by one, testing after each. To use System Restore just run msconfig and launch it. However if you tried a repair/reinstall you may not have any prior restore points; depending on how far it progressed.

2 > you can try "clean boot" troubleshooting using msconfig >

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.

See this link for detailed information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 << for Vista, but applies equally to XP, and better written.

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in &#8220;selective&#8221; startup mode &#8211; you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

or 3 >>

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non-system driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-blue-screens-and-restarts.714552/
Relevancy 84.01%

OS -Windows SP bit What was original installed OS on blue Random screens [SOLVED] system I believe it was Windows XP and then was upgraded to Is the OS an OEM version came [SOLVED] Random blue screens pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU [SOLVED] Random blue screens purchased it from retailer Full retail Age of system hardware Everything but the CPU and GPU are - years old the CPU [SOLVED] Random blue screens GPU are under a year old Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS year and it had been installed prior to then CPU - AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb Video Card - SAPPHIRE - L Radeon HD GB MotherBoard - ASUS M A Deluxe Power Supply - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ SXS W Blue screens started - months ago The only drivers I recall updating around that time would be my graphics drivers with which I installed some beta drivers I have since reverted to the old drivers however my BSODs continue They occur randomly whether I am using the computer or it is idle and when they do occur while I am at the computer it seems random I've had them occur on start up as well as hours later

A:[SOLVED] Random blue screens

They appear to be caused by a process named Six Launcher.e
Is this tied to ARMA?

Check for any updates for both Six Launcher and the games.

There are a couple other drivers that stand out on your system too
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
From 2005 it does not belong on a Win7 system and is a known BSOD maker, Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility also part of the Asus PCProbe and AISuite Utilities update from the Asus D/L page for your motherboard or remove them.
DRIVER_BIN64 Tue Jul 31 22:05:51 2007
Again from 2007 it's not a Win7 driver, Part of ATI tray tools remove or update.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
[font=lucida console]
Debug session time: Mon Aug 27 05:57:00.624 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\082712-53726-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 1 days 11:34:59.232
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800038091d4, 0, 7ffffff0000}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+c1f1 )
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`038091d4 00000000`00000000 000007ff`ffff0000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005
PROCESS_NAME: Six Launcher.e
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_c0000005_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+c1f1
BiosVersion = 1403
BiosReleaseDate = 04/28/2009
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
Debug session time: Fri Aug 24 10:45:52.296 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\082412-47673-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:58.904
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800038561d4, 0, 7ffffff0000}
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`038561d4 00000000`00000000 000007ff`ffff0000
BiosVersion = 1403
Debug session time: Thu Aug 23 03:41:06.551 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\082312-65395-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 5 days 5:58:41.160
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8000380e1d4, 0, 7ffffff0000}
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`0380e1d4 00000000`00000000 000007ff`ffff0000
BiosVersion = 1403
Debug session time: Tue Aug 14 19:51:19.888 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\081412-65068-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 3 days 5:50:02.963
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800036091d4, 0, 7ffffff0000}
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`036091d4 00000000`00000000 000007ff`ffff0000
BiosVersion = 1403

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-random-blue-screens-662869.html
Relevancy 84.01%

I have built a new system recently - ASUS A N SLi premium m b -ASUS Extreme N GT graphics - AMD athlon FX- processor - watt enermax pwr supply - GB DDR memory - SATA drives in a RAID configuration with a rd SATA drive for storage and backups - win xp pro - DVD drive The problem is that the Solved: blue screens abound system blue screens all the time I have had the m b replaced times the processor once as well as the pwr Solved: blue screens abound supply and memory There is nothing consistent as to when this expensive boat anchor reboots I can be on startup after running for minutes or hours The PC could be in the middle of a download or sitting idle doing nothing As usual the manufacturers and retailer are as useless as can be I am desperately looking for some sort of utility that can help me trace the source of this trouble ANY suggestions would be appreciated Thanx d nbsp

Relevancy 84.01%

Hi y all I ve been experiencing major problems lately with my computer I ve had it to techs several times but one of the problems remains - and it Screens Restarts Blue & Solved: s getting worse It keeps restarting and yesterday I got the blue Solved: Restarts & Blue Screens screen of death It did start back up which then Solved: Restarts & Blue Screens showed a window saying recovery from a serious error Just about the only thing I ever do w this computer is play games and surf the web and it really only seems to happen when I play games but given the amount of time I play games that s not unexpected I dont know if it s game related or not I don t play intensive ones just your basic Diner Dash type stuff SysInfo is below and under that is the HiJack This log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D XEBC AAC - BTBC Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player DDmService exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Free Ride Games GPlayer exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http twitter com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S BIC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run DivXUpdate quot C Program Files DivX ... Read more

Relevancy 84.01%

Yes this another Vista BSoD question I Blue Screens Vista course Solved: Of have seen alot of the questions but none seem to help me a bit to technical so I m asking my own Our comp is about months old and came preloaded with Vista Starting from July we have had eight BSoD errors and I m tired of them and need some help Starting from the oldest as Problem Reports and Solutions quot listed here are the errors BCCode a BCP CB BCP BCP BCP CB OS Version Service Pack Product Server information d e -dae - c-b -fb fe BCCode a BCP CCFA BCP BCP BCP CCFA OS Version Service Pack Product Server information c - - e c- d - c d BCCode a BCP CB A BCP BCP BCP CB A OS Version Service Pack Product Server information e b- f - -a - b BCCode a BCP CC A BCP BCP BCP CC A OS Version Service Pack Product Server information eea d- a- d- f -c c d a am BCCode a BCP CCAA BCP BCP BCP CCAA OS Version Service Pack Product Server information de e -a - c - c f- a a c pm- after this disabled auto restart BCCode a BCP CCDA BCP BCP BCP CCDA OS Version Service Pack Product Server information b df - e- f - -ba e e e ef -i saw this one after Solved: Of course Vista Blue Screens exiting WoW VC issue BCCode e BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BCCode a BCP CD A BCP BCP BCP CD A OS Version Service Pack Product Server information b - - fc -b b-db dede All but the one happened when comp is not in use I tried to update drivers and they already up to date according to windows Solved: Of course Vista Blue Screens I also ran Vistas Mem Diagnostic with no issues found While I wait for awnsers I ll try the F repair and see what happens Not sure if it will help or not since the BS seems to happen sporadically After the th BS my husband had me do a system restore going back before the first BS happened Also have not istalled anything recently Hope this is enough info thanks in advance OS Windows Vitsa Home Premium build bit BIOS Phoenix-AwardBIOS v PG Procesor AMD Athalon x Dual Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT Version nbsp

Relevancy 84.01%

Hi all I've spent most of my spare time over the last weeks to try to [SOLVED] irql_not_less_or_equal Blue screens: fix my computer I upgraded MB CPU memory and graphics card a couple of months back and all was running well Then the computer [SOLVED] Blue screens: irql_not_less_or_equal started crashing and I decided to reinstall xp XP the MB drivers and most other programmes install fine but as soon as I install net framework which is installed together with the ATI drivers software that came with the MB I get an error something like net Optimization Service installation failed After that I get BSOD every so often with the error message irql not less or equal There are also some random square artifacts on the screen but since the display driver installation fails I cannot check whether this is just a driver issue Since this happens on a fresh install I presume it is hardware related My problem is finding out what I have removed everything non-essential so what's left is the MB and CPU one memory stick the DVD and hard drive I have tried two different memory sticks in different slots I have tried two differetn hard drives and two different DVD players I have downloaded and installed the most recent MB drivers I have run memtest without finding any errors How do I go from here to try to isolate the cause of the error Some details of my system Asrock motherboard M A GXH M Socket AM DDR ATX Geil memory GB Value DDR Kit PC - MHz RAM CL - - amp - - x GB DC Brushed-Titanium Aluminum Heat Spreader AMD CPU AM Athlon X GHz MB Cache Retail I would grately appreciate any help as I am about to throw the whole thing through the window Cheers Lars

A:[SOLVED] Blue screens: irql_not_less_or_equal

Goodmorning Evan, this doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me since everything works fine until you try to install the .net framework. The .net framework has been causing alot of problems for alot of people since it came out. If you are able take your disk with the ATI drivers on them over to another computer and copy just the drivers to another medium and then install just the drivers. The other problem with the .net framework is that for some strange reason it seems to be conflicting with certain anti viruses. I have used the free version of Avast in conjunction with the free version of Zone Alarm for many years now and I have never had a virus or any conflicts, (knock on wood). So if the .net framework is important to you, you might try installing and running it without your AV on to see if that's what's causing the problem. Let me know if I can assist you further.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the quick tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-blue-screens-irql_not_less_or_equal-510815.html
Relevancy 84.01%

Hey guys I ve got a computer that continues to randomly freeze and has once come up with the error quot IRQ IS LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO quot I originally thought it was the memory I ran memtest but on the th error checking method on the st pass it froze and black boxes came up on the screen I tried again and again with each stick of ram and the same thing happened each time I m not sure what to try out next Mobo PSU or CPU look Freezes Screens and Blue Solved: like the obvious answer to me but all of them are going to be hard to test I don t have a spare AMD CPU to try and all of my PSU s are in use atm It will take some time to get it out My other thought was that if it was a PSU problem wouldn t the computer just turn off instead of freezing I ve had that problem before Any help would be great Brent nbsp

Relevancy 84.01%

I am running windows xp - sp2. For the last few days, I was getting continuous blue screens whenever I booted up my laptop with the following message:

ar5211.sys tried to write to read-only memory space......

This kept on happening a lot, so I found out that this may have been caused by an Atheros driver and decided to disable it from startup through msconfig. Now the laptop runs fine, but whenever I lose wireless signal, it blue-screens once again.

Has anyone faced this problem, how have you fixed it?

Relevancy 84.01%

Right, I am new to these forums and I hope that you can help me with a problem that I have. I am using a laptop running Windows XP Home edition, and just lately I have been getting 'Blue screens of Death' at random points, various critical errors (now no longer appearing) and my system has been running at an incredibly slow pace, it takes an hour to fully load up. This is very unusual. The blue screens display the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. Looking forward to any help that you can give me as I am not sure where to start.

Relevancy 84.01%

I have been having consistent almost daily Blue screens since early January I had Started upgrading my rig in December w a a new XFX HD Black edition Solved: Persistent Blue Screens amp new PSU and then got the new CPU close to New Year My blue screens started January a week or two after the CPU install The Blue screens kept occuring after several hours of use and typically when switching from World of Warcraft to another program I Solved: Persistent Blue Screens assumed it was lack of RAM and completely replaced my RAM The Solved: Persistent Blue Screens Bluescreen persisted yet and were typically IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and would sometimes be driver related A few days ago i had enough and re-installed Windows and re-installed all drivers Blue screens are occurring still and are not the irql i m used to At wits end Can someone tell me whats wrong with my computer Sys info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -EMH HDMI Rev xx MS C B N Antivirus None Actually i have Norton System is just stupid and doesn t see it All available mini dumps hopefully attached most were lost with win install but i will try to add any info i can remember if necessary nbsp

Relevancy 84.01%

Ok Techies,
I posted back on 9/3/00 regarding my "Disk Write Error, Unable to write to Drive C..."
I did a format of C and reinsatalled WIN98SE.
After the reinstall I got the error again, but this time I got it saying drive D as well. This morining I noticed that the power supply fan was not working.
Could this be the cause of my BLUE SCREEN errors??

Relevancy 84.01%

Hi I am recieving frequent blue screens, my first hard drive crashed just days ago, the current one is showing the same problems that the first one did before crashing numerous reboots and blue screens
Was hoping for some help and advice with this matter

Relevancy 84.01%

When I am on-line and running my browser I am getting quite a few Blue Screens This doesn t happen every time sometimes I can work for ages even days then for apparently no reason along comes a Lots Screens Blue of Solved: blue screen This doesn t happen with Outlook Express or when updating things I changed to Firefox but it still happens with that The last one have these numbers shown Ox E XC X EE F XA D x There have been many bsod s and they have mostly different error codes There is no file name driver or other info shown When using other applications the machine is fine I have a Dell Inspiron running XP with SP We connect via an Orange G modem When I go next door and use a friends Broadband nothing happens all is ok It seems as if there is a clash between Orange and either browser I have Avast free av Malwareytes- anti malware SpywareBlaster Zone Alarm Firewall I have updated and run all those I Solved: Lots of Blue Screens do that regularly anyway plus Microsoft s Windows Malicious Software removal Tool System restore wont restore I did post re this some time ago and never did an answer I would be very grateful if someone could push me in the right direction This happened once before sometime last year I uninstalled Orange and used the CD of a friend to re-install and still the same thing happened After a while the Blue Screens started again then for no reason they went away until now That s about the limit of my knowledge except that some time ago I got Zlob onto the machine and cybertech helped and all was declared clean I would really appreciate your help nbsp

Relevancy 83.39%

Hello I have the following problem for a while now and I ve ran out of ideas on how to fix it So while I play games at random times sometimes minutes sometimes an hour or more my screen will become black and unresponsive Sometimes I m able to still hear the game sound after the screen goes black and sometimes I can hear buzzing The screen doesn t always go black I can sometimes see umm lets say vertical stripes in different colours It happens in all games I play Starcarft League of Legends Diablo and it is really really ruining the game experience for me Computer configuration is the following intel core i GB DD MHz radeon hd GB graphics Samsun monitor Win bit windows The computer is about a year old and this problem wasn t happening screens games Solved: while playing black Random from day one when I bought it So far I ve tried many things including Antivirus scan - nothing was found Memtest - no errors were found Temperature checks - all temperatures were ok Solved: Random black screens while playing games Complete driver Solved: Random black screens while playing games wipeout and reinstalling - didn t give any results Motherboard sound driver updates - didn t give any results Various Catalyst Control Center tweaks - didn t give any results Many many other things that I ve read in threads where people had similar problem like me and it helped them I am really running out of ideas and I d really like to fix this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 83.39%

So I have just had to swap my motherboard after a power surge got hold of my last one Now my graphics cards are randomly putting green dots all over some web pages amp programs I ve seen blue and red ones too on the odd occasion I do remember having a similar issue with just one monitor a while back and as far as I can remember I just kept fiddling with the cables That isn t working this time though is it just a case of upgrading drivers because of the new mobo Also I ve chosen not to put my crossfire cables on simply because I was Screens mobo got after dots upgrade green not using crossfire any more a little silly but would that contribute Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Screens got green dots after mobo upgrade Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - Screens got green dots after mobo upgrade MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V Antivirus ESET Smart Security Not Updated Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 83.39%

Hey folks I recently performed a re-installation to my desktop system last month Windows (and green of 7 x64 death? white) screens - and the specifications for my desktop goes as follows - ASUS M A-VM motherboard - AMD Athlon X CPU at GHz - GB DDR RAM - Integrated ATI Radeon X Series graphics both have VGA and DVI outputs The operating system that I had re-installed was Windows x Ultimate SP as my computer's specifications state that Windows 7 x64 - green (and white) screens of death? it was -bit capable Whenever I tend to watch a streaming video online I unexpectedly saw my two monitors - one monitor was an Acer A H LCD monitor that was connected to the DVI output and the other monitor was a Samsung SyncMaster BW monitor connected to a VGA output All of a sudden without warning Windows 7 x64 - green (and white) screens of death? two of the monitors filled with different colors on different screens If I had remembered correctly the Acer was filled with a blank green screen while the Samsung monitor was filled with a white screen However both of these screens did not show any text as a result unlike the standard BSOD or STOP error As I had stated earlier I recently did a quot clean install quot to my desktop system and this was the first time I had experienced this with my system My desktop is about years old now and it's still going good as I speak I'm investigating whether the problem lies into my RAM my integrated graphics or the operating system itself What can I do to prevent this instance from happening again I've performed a system file check using the SFC command in Windows and I had generated a log for reference in case you folks need it Any suggestions

A:Windows 7 x64 - green (and white) screens of death?

Have you installed the drivers for integrated video GPU from Asus/support or from ATI/Support drivers yet?

Have you used two monitors before without problems? I believe that GPU does not support using both DVI and VGA at the same time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-x64-green-and-white-screens-of-death-839170.html
Relevancy 83.39%

To activate the dual screens I have to hold down the window Icon and then press (p) to bring up window Icon allowing me to these extend, which allows me to use each monitor separately. How do I set it where the "extend" option is the default every time I open up my computer.

A:I have dual screens how do I get Windows 10 to accept dual screens (extend) as default

There doesn't seem to be an option built-in for this.. Would be a great feature for MS to implement in a next update tho
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436434-i-have-dual-screens-how-do-i-get-windows-10-accept-dual-screens-extend-default.html
Relevancy 83.08%

I m getting crashes and blue-screens all of a sudden The blue-screens only last a few seconds before the system automatically reboots so I don t even Death, Solved: Blue oh my! Help! Screens of and Crashes have time to read what it says Sometimes after such a Solved: Help! Crashes and Blue Screens of Death, oh my! crash Solved: Help! Crashes and Blue Screens of Death, oh my! it will then crash again immediately after windows comes back up this time w no blue screen it just shuts down I recently installed a second video card a PCI card for a second monitor At one point I removed my old AGP card and put it back in and I thought maybe I damaged it or that the PCI card was bad or that the cards were conflicting But I ve run the system w only the AGP card and also only w the PCI card and it s still crashing I also recently bought an GEM LCD quot monitor the other monitor is a CRT I thought the problem might be a conflict between the monitors but I ve run the system w just the LCD and the problem continues I also ran a test on my memory chips and that was clean I have no idea what to do next to try and track down the problem Any suggestions would be much appreciated I m running XP Pro Athlon XP chip meg memory ATI video card ECS mb Thanks Harold nbsp

Relevancy 83.08%

this is really tricky to explain. i installed a graphics card a while ago, and since then i have been getting stop messages when i log on. i fixed the driver and now they are less frequent. also i receive notification that the registry has been restored from a backup. and spybot is reporting that it has been changed . i have no virus or spyware its a clean PC. is there a program i can use to collect data about these error messages to help you diagnose them. or any information you need to know to help me stop this from occurring.

A:Solved: Blue Screens and stop messages

Go "HERE" To read about your particular Stop error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screens-and-stop-messages.438512/
Relevancy 83.08%

Hello,

please can you advise me, I don't know what to do. I'm getting blue screens and it's made my pc unreliable. Apart from the blue screens it's splendid. Is there anything obvious I'm missing? I've downloaded TSGSysInfo, here's what it says:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16262 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1907499 MB, Free - 1725791 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., H87M-HD3
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Some notes just in case they're relevant - I know Nvidia is having trouble updating, some component always fails. And it says when i go to look for updates that it can't connect.

Thank you, any help would be much appreciated...

Relevancy 83.08%

OS Vista Home Premium 64.
Hi. I have just recently been getting blue screens upon start up. They are becoming increasingly regular and I was hoping someone here might help me find the cause. The last two had BCCode 1e and 3d respectively. I have included the ZIP file required.
Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to look at my problem because I am at my wits end.

A:[SOLVED] Frequent Blue Screens on startup.

I only see one crashdump. It's complaining that your realtek nic has buggered out, primarily just your drivers going on the fritz. The latest one of your drivers for it is dated in 2009, so you may wanna check up and see if you have any updates for it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-frequent-blue-screens-on-startup-562668.html
Relevancy 83.08%

Hello first of all I m new here and it looks like a great site Thanks to google I found this site and I see alot of activity here Ok now for my problem months ago I formatted my pc after not formatting for years So everything worked smooth untill now I started to play Half Life Team Fotress and after a while the game crashes A blue screen without anything or A dump memory screen which I can see lot of thing written and it depends - last time it was after hour But for example it also crashed after mins when I left the game by myself It happen on MoH AA these are the games I play so I dunno about other stuff maybe i got a blue screen sometime at the Desktop im not sure Well what can I do I have heard that I can get information for the Dump Dump Solved: Memory. Blue Screens, Memory or something Please Help me and thanks in Adavance Eran nbsp

Relevancy 83.08%

Hi,

I've been encountering a LOT of blue screens of death lately and I'm wondering if you guys can help me diagnose what the problem may be. I'm also encountering problems when I try to defrag my hard drive, it never seems to complete in normal and safe mode. I'm wondering if the two could be conected.

What info do I need to supply you guys with and what tools would help me to get this info?

Cheers,

C h r e d g e.

Relevancy 83.08%

My laptop has been getting slowdown and BSODs recently and I would like to know why It all started when I was surfing on the net and visiting a forum All of a sudden my computer resets on me but everything seems fine Then I noticed the fan gets loud often and my computer has been lagging at times Also the laptop had been reseting everytime I closed the lid but I downloaded a BIOS update and that problem has been eliminated Though I have been getting BSOD at startup lately which only have been solved via System Restore I have tried a Memory Diagnostic test but no problems were detected I have also tried AVG and Super Spyware Free Edition but nothing was found I have done one more System Restore to the earliest date I can manage and everything seems fine now but I can't be sure Is there anything I can do Usually BSOD problems as this require viewing the memory dump files so I can attached a file containing all the ones I have for this month

A:[SOLVED] Getting mauled by slowdown and Blue Screens

Moved to BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs subforum since it's more appropriate there.

I've looked through them and I'm seeing slight consistency but nothing I can pinpoint yet so far. You may wanna go ahead and generate a whole JCGriff Report for us. While you're at it, turning on Driver Verifier should help in case this is driver-related.

To add to all this, you said your fans sound a little wonky. I suggest providing us a couple HWInfo logs: one during idle and one during high load (gaming, etc). Make sure you set the Sensors only option when the program starts up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-getting-mauled-by-slowdown-and-blue-screens-615585.html
Relevancy 83.08%

Windows 7 Enterprise x86
clean install,
HW +-1.5 yr in my possesion bought new
OS installation: 01/02/2010

CPU Name Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Nvidea GeForce GTS 250
Asus P5QC
Zalmann 800watt

Since a couple of weeks I've been experiencing a lot of dificulties with my system.
BSODS with all different reasons (or so it seems), not able to boot because of, bad patch, bios reset itself (:s), just not getting through the boot sequence..when I get through it usually works fine untill the next bsod.

Thought it could be the ram so i took out 2 of the 4 gig, still bsod, put in the other 2 gb, still bsod..ran ram scans, checkdisks, all nothing..

so i hope you guys can help me, I would be very gratefull

If I forgot any info, please let me know.
Thx in advance

A:[SOLVED] blue screens and trouble booting

Hi,

One driver that looks out of place here is DRHARD.sys - related to this program which you should uninstall ASAP as it does not appear to be compatible with Windows 7.

Also uninstall Avira as it is a possible cause.

Quote:

Avira Uninstallation instructions (follow these exactly): http://www.avira.com/en/support/kbdetails.php?id=135

Install MS Security Essentials --> http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Then reset the Windows Firewall to its default settings -
START -> type cmd.exe -> right-click -> run as administrator -> type netsh advfirewall reset press enter

If the above fails to fix the problem then run Driver Verifier -> http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ed-473665.html

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sun Aug 15 04:46:43.359 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 17:17:11.201
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000003 879a1028 82d39ae0 878f5938
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat Aug 14 11:20:06.589 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 12:13:28.663
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000009d
PROCESS_NAME: LogonUI.exe
Bugcheck code 0000007A
Arguments 89ae1ab0 c000009d 10080864 8209011c

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-blue-screens-and-trouble-booting-506284.html
Relevancy 83.08%

Hi all I m hoping to shed some light on why I started getting some pretty atrocious blue screens build two Solved: screens weeks after Blue new about two weeks after I built this new system System specs Windows Vista Home Premium bit AMD FX- core Solved: Blue screens two weeks after new build processor GHz GB DDR RAM currently defaulted to mhz EVGA GeForce GTX GB GPU Gigabyte FXA-UD motherboard rev Western Digital Green TB SATA HDD I had problems getting the hard disk to format with the correct NTFS file system when I first put this thing together During Windows installation I got quot Windows cannot be installed on this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition Solved: Blue screens two weeks after new build table quot I m really not sure how that happened but after some searching I found out how to use diskpart to set it to NTFS The system ran fine for almost two weeks but I had my first BSOD when I alt-tabbed out of the Sims Steam version to send a Steam message to someone My motherboard graphics sound and LAN drivers were up to date and Vista was fully updated I had also updated BIOS Sadly I don t have any minidumps from that point as I reinstalled Windows three or four days ago out of frustration Since the first BSOD I jotted down some of the error messages Mostly they were Cache Mgr x but I also had x I ve jotted down quot system service exc quot on my notepad and one Bad Pool Header x Sometimes after restarting BIOS would post and Windows would display the loading bar but then the USB ports seemed to shut down the mouse and keyboard lights turned off and they stopped responding leaving me unable to log into Windows Once I had quot Appcrash - Windows Media Player stopped working etc faultmodule name kernel dll quot when Windows first started What I did at that point - ran Memtest through about passes I didn t realise that it didn t need to run that long No errors found - ran windows memory check No errors found - ran disk check about three times No errors found - triple checked that all drivers were correct and up to date After failing to figure out what demons were plaguing my comp I gave up and decided to reinstall Vista This actually seems to have helped a great deal I had no issues with the hard disk formatting or file system and the install itself went smoothly I ran Memtest and disk check again and still no issues there The first thing I did was install my chipset drivers then LAN and USB and all that jazz Lastly I went for the GPU drivers an Nvidia exe file but I encountered an error quot the application failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect quot etc I looked this up and it seemed to be due to a conflict with C runtime libraries I ve never seen that error before and I ve been running this copy of Vista for years through quite a few system reinstalls At this point I set the GPU driver aside and commenced updating Windows figuring it must have some C updates in there somewhere I had four BSODs during this process I ve attached a zip with the minidumps but it eventually calmed down and worked I was able to install my GPU drivers after that From that point to present I haven t had any further blue screens I m a little leery of running the Sims seeing as out of the first BSODs happened while it was running but honestly I still don t have any clue what s causing them While everything seems to be all right now it s only been a few days and I haven t been using the comp that much because I ve had company over If anyone can take a look at what I ve posted and see if they can spot problems I would be extreeeeemely grateful I ve never had to return hardware and I m hoping I won t have to start now Thanks heaps in advance and let me know if there s any more information I can give -YesChicken Please see minidumps zip file and DXDiag text file attached nbsp

A:Solved: Blue screens two weeks after new build

Just had another one. System service exception 3b while trying out the Sims Medieval through Steam. When the comp rebooted, it was loading Windows files and then had another brief blue screen just before Windows actually booted up. Had to do a hard shut down and restart. See attached mini dump!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screens-two-weeks-after-new-build.1144737/
Relevancy 82.46%

I m not sure whether I m posting this in the right forum so I apologize if 7 Winfast screens blue Solved: S DTV1000 Windows I ve made a mistake And I m not sure whether the reason is because of the Winfast DTV S either but worth asking I have had Windows x Home Premium installed for around a week now and have already experienced or bsods during the week I m thinking that it is relevant to my tv tuner card or winfast pvr software because prior to the bsod it is always and only winfast pvr that locks up The latest bsod gave me quot quot IRQL less than or not equal to quot or something like that Previously I had Vista x Ultimate for a long time and I never recieved a bsod apart from random ones when I was doing nothing Now I get it when I happen to be running winfast pvr Here is the Solved: Windows 7 blue screens Winfast DTV1000 S information about the bsod from a report windows gave me Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF D DA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Windows Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt What could be the problem It s quite annoying Thanks for any help some of my system info from dxdiag if it is of any help Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model GA- PVM-S H BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel Core amp Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode quot nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 blue screens Winfast DTV1000 S

moved to different forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-blue-screens-winfast-dtv1000-s.878838/
Relevancy 82.46%

I've been having some random blue screens of death which seem to happen when I'm playing games. The last 2 happened while hosting a Minecraft server. I did a memory diagnostic and no errors came up so it doesn't seem to be a RAM issue. My specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 clocked at 3.0 GHz
4 GB RAM 1066 speed
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Corsair 750 watt power supply

I attached a zip file that contains the only 2 dmp files that were in my Minidump folder. Please help me figure this out.

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 64-bit random blue screens of death

Here is my reading from the first dump file:
Probably caused by hardware, specifically driver Rt64Win7.sys
Your BSOD error was IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The Program Stack lists Rt64Win7.sys+0x15a2d as the lowest actual program launched
This issue was reported by Application javaw.exe
To fix I recommend you find what piece of hardware this driver is connected to and update it
---------------------------------------------
This is the reading for the Second Dump File
Probably caused by ntkrnlmp.exe (The Windows System Kernel)
The error returned was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXPECTATION (Something crashed while running in the kernel)
The Process which caused the BSOD is: audiodg.exe
This one sounds like a sound card program, and this is happening during gaming, I would suggest that you check your Sound and Graphics drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-7-64-bit-random-blue-screens-of-death-636165.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi I ve recently made a SP update on my Windows XP Home Initially I kept on getting blue screen with this error I was unable to load Windows or Safe Mode STOP X E XC D SP3 Update Devices screens and USB blue Solved: giving XF DE EA XF DE F XF DE F After reading some forums I ve unplugged all my USB devices as some people suggest that it might be the problems with drivers After unplugging all USB devices - printer external HDD and mouse Windows loaded without problem but I got a new error after Windows finishes loading BCCode e BCP C BCP BA F BCP BA F BCP BA EC OSVer SP Product I suspect this error has to do with drivers At the same Solved: SP3 Update and USB Devices giving blue screens time if I try to plug in any of my USB devices i e mouse printer or external HDD the blue screen will reappear immediately They used to work perfectly when I was on SP until last night FYI I m using Dell INSPIRON m laptop with Windows XP Home SP until the moment I install the SP update Hope I can get some help or pointers here Not impressed with SP update definitely Thank you very much nbsp

A:Solved: SP3 Update and USB Devices giving blue screens

I have read that Dell does not recommend using SP3 on your PC. Have you tried to uninstall SP3?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sp3-update-and-usb-devices-giving-blue-screens.719553/
Relevancy 82.46%

ok i m about to take a sledge to this thing first system specs then background then current problem Dell Inspiron E Laptop Win XP Pro SP Intel Core Duo T GHz i PM Chipset Fujitsu MHV BH GB HD GB DDR RAM Hyundai Elec chips NVIDIA GeForce Go GS some sort of integrated sound card that I have no Solved: various blue including screens problems restarting idea using SigmaTel codecs also a GB SimpleTech external HD background so for a while my computer had just been running slow then it began to crash when i had about Solved: various problems including restarting blue screens or so programs open like itunes msn messenger and firefox after a while Solved: various problems including restarting blue screens it began to freeze every so often it later ended up giving bluescreens that i had to restart from thankfully there was no loss of data eventually all of windows bluescreened on me couldn t even boot windows i had linux on a partition but i forgot my root password so that was useless i ended up getting a hold of XP pro i had home prior to this doing a thorough formatting of the hard drive and installing the OS after much pain i reinstalled all the drivers i could find dell blows according to device manager i m still missing some i also had trouble with itunes and acrobat professional after trying to update acrobat to the latest version i m guessing that was due to some sort of conflict between all the useless tools they both start with windows i ended up nuking both of em problem so now my computer bluescreens when i play music from my external hard drive where all of my music is stored i ve been using winamp instead of itunes thinking that might solve the problem but no luck the laptop also slows down drastically when streaming music from the internet whether the external hard drive is connected or not additional minor problem when typing in forms the type cursor randomly moves on me someone please help me this whole ordeal spans about two weeks and it s causing an incredible amount of frustration i have hijack this and all those nifty little things if u need a report hell even remote access me if u want i just want to fix all of this much thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.46%

First and foremost I apologize if my post breaks any rules as this is my first time coming here About some week ago OuterInfo got on to my computer and I do not know Screens Blue lingering Death of OuterInfo and Possible Solved: how At first I ignored it since I was worry about the uninstall feature that came with it Now I ve been getting various ad pop-ups computer have been running more sluggish then usual and even worst I ve been getting near-constant quot Blue Screen of Death quot during normal startup and in a few occasions in Safe Mode startup I ran Ad-aware and Spybot multiple times but I dont think it did anything Solved: Possible OuterInfo lingering and Blue Screens of Death So finally I tried using the Add or Remove option in the Control Panel and was able to remove it only to have it come back on my next restart I tried using the Add or Remove option again and then turn off System Restore However even though I no longer see it in the Add or Remove Program listing my computer still has been rather sluggish on startup and have been getting quot Blue Screen of Death quot on each normal startup I do not know if its because OuterInfo is still lingering around somewhere or some other malware or virus is giving me problems The current OS I am running on is Windows XP and here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhost F - win ini run C WESTWOOD REDALERT INSTICON EXE O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run ApachInc rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system uqtjkhjh dll quot realset O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run smgr smgr exe O - HKLM Run SManager smanager exe O - HKLM Run RunOnce Upd quot C WINDOWS system KB exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run QD FastAndSafe quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run POINTER C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run j rundll C WINDOWS system j dll sook O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run GhostStartTrayApp C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe O - HKLM Run CloneCDTray quot C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe quot s O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe O - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe O - HKLM Run avp C WINDOWS TEMP exe O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EX... Read more

Relevancy 81.53%

Alright I don t really know where to start but I m desperate for some help This issue has been going on for days and I have looked up some stuff online The problem is I m Strange Solved: Desperate help: screens computer blue problems for and not very smart when it comes to computers and I Solved: Desperate for help: Strange computer problems and blue screens don t know what the heck I m doing On to the point The problem is that suddenly my internet will go down on my computer However it has nothing to do with my actual internet because my room mate still has internet Solved: Desperate for help: Strange computer problems and blue screens access Furthermore when I try to disconnect and Solved: Desperate for help: Strange computer problems and blue screens reconnect to my network using the task bar windows explorer will freeze So then my internet will stay down and I am unable to even get online I then proceed to restart The shutdown screen will take several minutes before finally switching over to a blue screen that persists until I turn off my computer I turn my computer back on and log in my internet will usually work fine for a few minutes Although it s random sometimes it will turn off within minutes and sometimes it will go hours before it happens again But the problem persists and happens again and my computer just keeps blue screening on shutdown I ran a virus scan and it looks clear I m really out of options and if you need more info or anything then let me know Like I said I m not very computer savvy I just want to fix this problem as soon as possible As I said more than willing to provide more information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P -M Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Desperate for help: Strange computer problems and blue screens

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-desperate-for-help-strange-computer-problems-and-blue-screens.1067158/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi to whoever can help It started with my pc getting blue screens after I played videogames for a while and my virtual memory would fill up very quickly creating a gig memory dump file each time it Blue Slow screens Solved: virus? memory and system, would happen Then I noticed my pc was running extra slow with not just my videogames Solved: Slow system, Blue screens and memory virus? but other Solved: Slow system, Blue screens and memory virus? applications So I scanned using Avast and removed some viruses but it said it found a MEMORY VIRUS so it had to reset and do a scan out of windows which it did and it found and removed some viruses but since then my pc has still been really laggy So I did some searching about Memory viruses which lead me to the free trend micro scan which I only just completed and it did it s thing but It found a freeloader spyware stormer if that sounds right well I m not sure if teh browser crashed but I don t think it worked too good so now I ve restarted my pc is still slow and so here I am in all my noob glory Well I ve had help from people here before so I thought I might try again Here s my Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C PROGRA Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Fast exe C Program Files Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdmcks dll O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button PokerStars - AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - C Program Files PokerStars PokerStarsUpdate exe O - Extra button Doyles Room Poker - B F-DB - -BE - C C - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O -... Read more

Relevancy 81.53%

Hello,

I started getting blue screens when I opened commonly played games. I am not sure what could have caused it because I did not change anything about my system.

I saved the log files here:

http://www.huskyfur.com/blue_screen/072812-19656-01.dmp
http://www.huskyfur.com/blue_screen/...ics_Driver.txt
http://www.huskyfur.com/blue_screen/...-0.sysdata.xml

My laptop is not listed to the left in the cool slider so here is what its made of:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/cont...200-ST2061.pdf

I have the 4GB ram option
My graphics card is the ATI Mobility Radeon 2600 - 256MB
The CPU is Intel Centrino Duo 2.20Ghz
The operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

PS: I have tried numerous of drivers from AMD but none of them work right, nore does the driver from windows "search for drivers online" fix the issue, as well as the driver from the Toshiba website.

A:[SOLVED] I started getting blue screens relating to my graphics card.

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-i-started-getting-blue-screens-relating-to-my-graphics-card-657841.html
Relevancy 81.53%

It s quite difficult to describe my entire problem I do have another thread with all the details but the Solved: screens, boot Blue plagued issues, HDD problems.... by problem by the end of the thread isn t the problem I had at the start so I figured a new more specific thread would be best especially seeing as I have to get this fixed before Saturday Basically my server Solved: Blue screens, HDD boot issues, plagued by problems.... s PSU blew I replaced the PSU but when I booted into Windows it behaved very oddly Then it wouldn t boot into Windows at all I reformatted the boot drive and used Solved: Blue screens, HDD boot issues, plagued by problems.... DriveImage XML to restore a backup made of the same drive from several months ago The drive was accessible after I restored the backup using UBCD Win but it wouldn t boot into Windows at the point where the BIOS should boot the underscore would simply keep flashing When I had managed to get into Windows and also when I was running UBCD Win I noticed that the onboard LAN wouldn t work It had always worked for both before so it seemed that it had been damaged when the PSU s coil came into contact with the burnt through wires that lead directly to the mobo I replaced the mobo with the same model Now that I ve replaced the motherboard I m plagued by blue screens the details of which are posted below and other errors while trying to load UBCD Win and also it s onboard Windows Recovery Console which gave the error quot cpqarray sys is corrupted quot while the hard drive is connected Without the hard drive UBCD Win loads fine I also tried loading UBCD Win with a different hard drive connected and got another blue screen details below Also I was told to try a HDD diagnostic tool called Spinrite When I hooked up the boot HDD it gave me this message quot Invalid partition for drive size This partition exceeds the size of this drive as defined by the system s BIOS or BIOS extension You should not proceed to use SpinRite on this drive until you have verified and corrected the disparity between this drive and the BIOS or BIOS extension s understanding of the drive size quot It seems that I m having problem after problem I also don t have much time to fix it I leave for university on Saturday morning and I need it working so I can access it from uni and so that my family can use it at home I run XBMC on it too Thank you in advance for your time guys amp girls Blue screen details STOP x E xC xF D B xF B xF acpi sys - Address F AD B base at F AD DateStamp d Another blue screen when trying to load UBCD Win with a different hard drive connected IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x A x x E x x AC P S My original thread is here nbsp

A:Solved: Blue screens, HDD boot issues, plagued by problems....

Those are both indicative of poorly memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screens-hdd-boot-issues-plagued-by-problems.952977/
Relevancy 110.51%

Hello recently i ve been having weird video problems and i think my video card may possibly be going bad but i m not entirely sure Sometimes it works perfectly other times i am getting these symptoms some of which happen at the same time An enlarged and or distorted cursor the screen will tear rapidly for a few seconds then go back to normal sometimes i will get a solid color displayed on my screen with a bit darker shade of lines going through it This blue screen can last anywhere from a few seconds to minutes before the computer either unfreezes out of it or it eventually turns to a black screen and the computer shuts down Usually when it unfreezes out of a screen Colored Tearing, 'Blue Screen Cursor, Different Enlarged/Distorted Solved: Screens' like this i get a quot display driver wasn t responding and has Solved: Screen Tearing, Enlarged/Distorted Cursor, Different Colored 'Blue Screens' recovered quot message I have reseated the video card multiple times and have cleaned out all the dust from the computer using Solved: Screen Tearing, Enlarged/Distorted Cursor, Different Colored 'Blue Screens' compressed air--i m not sure if its an over heating issue These problems use to occur only when i played video games but now they also occur when i m just surfing the net and stuff My video cards driver is up to date but oddly enough after i updated the driver and rebooted the computer it worked entirely perfectly until the next day when i turned it on--the problems returned Any ideas Thanks in advance Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P T SE Rev xx Antivirus None nbsp

A:Solved: Screen Tearing, Enlarged/Distorted Cursor, Different Colored 'Blue Screens'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-tearing-enlarged-distorted-cursor-different-colored-blue-screens.1007270/
Relevancy 109.65%

I ve owned this computer a little over a year - Intel Celerdon D Ghz - mb ram - gb hdd For starters it used to run beautiful but now runs like a mhz I ve been told thats a Celeron thing can any back that up But my actual problem is it has recently been simply turning off just like that instant black screen randomly The monitor turns off the box turns off the fans stop spinning Black screens.. When I say randomly I m far from certain but Black screens.. I believe it does it when she s working hard So I think it could be - a ram issue in which buying new ram will fix it - a processor issue in which buying a new processor will fix it or - a power cable issue internal in which playing around with the wires may fix it I m far from sure does anyone know what could be wrong based on the symptoms I ve given Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 109.65%

When I turn my computer on it shows the alien ware logo then the xp logo and then goes right to a black screen. My cd rom has been broken for some time now before this started. I installed a new cd rom. I can not start in safe mode or anything. How do I get my computer working again?? HELLPPP!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screens-help-296295.html
Relevancy 109.65%

My son has a computer with the following Windows XP SP Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz GB of screens Black RAM Power supply Nvidia GTX OC He keeps getting black screens and has to restart it It seems to have started after we updated the processor card and membory We got a new case after the graphics card was updated it s bigger My nephew is very Black screens handy with computers and this is baffling him He updated the BIOS He swapped his graphic card with my son and Black screens neither of them had trouble We thought it was the graphics card but that doesn t appear to be the problem They are wondering if it could be the motherboard Black screens or the power supply I don t mind replacing this stuff but I would like to identify the problem before we replace things we don t need to I hope I gave enough info if not let me know what else to post He has two Yellow question marks with an exclamation point over it under PCI Device and unknown device I don t know if that makes a difference Thanks Nancy nbsp

A:Black screens

I haven't any replies, so I am hoping with this update, someone might have some ideas. We unplugged everything he didn't need (DVD drive, extra sound card), took the case of and have a fan running on the pc continually. His card has only gotten to 30 Celcius and he hasn't restarted for over 5 hours.

Do you think this is a card issue or power supply? We got the card in early October, so it would be under warranty. I am wondering if I should call BFG and get their input.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nancy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screens.788694/
Relevancy 108.79%

I was playing just cause 2 and my computer froze completly and required a hard shutdown. When i restart it it turns on but no display, i can still sign into my account (i can tell by sound). I tried different cables and neither worked. So i know its not a cable problem. To fix this: i unplug it while running and leave it their for a hour. than it turns on usually without a problem. I had this problem before with turning it on but it was never this bad. So any ideas? Computer is about a year old, and was custom built.

A:Crashing and black screens

Swap your video card and monitor and try it out. Go to see which one is the failing link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashing-and-black-screens.1066506/
Relevancy 108.79%

My wife has been using her massive laptop like a desktop for a while now but when she started it up this morning the screen of the external LCD was black as well as the screen of her laptop. When the external LCD is unplugged the built in one starts working fine. After some troubleshooting, it got to the point that when it was plugged in the wallpaper would expand but I couldn't see icons or the cursor until it is unplugged again.

It is posable that the windows updates she did last night is responsible.

I've updated every driver I could and ran through the many different ways to change it from just a single screen with no change other than having the resolution on the built-in changed.

Satellite P505-S8010

Runs Win 7 64 bit.

A:Plugging in VGA causes both screens to go black.

Does the external screen work when connect to another source?
It sounds like the external screen was set as the primary screen, so what was displayed there is mirrored on the laptops screen.
Am I correct in thinking it now shows a display but expanded?
You should be able to drag from one screen to the other, does this change the icons, cursor etc to the correct size?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plugging-in-vga-causes-both-screens-to-go-black-995242.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I?ve installed Windows 7 on a computer and am testing to determine how best to set-up the machine for my particular use.

Every now and again, say once or three time an hour, apparently no matter what I?m doing, the screen goes black for a short time (at least up to 5 seconds), then everything seems normal again. I found many complaints about black screens on line but they all seem to be a different situation.

I was told by an acquaintance who has long used Win 7 that this is normal for everyone using Vista or Win 7, it is a feature of basic Windows security and can only be overcome by deactivating UAC so as to be running in ?root? mode. That seems too nonfunctional and inconvenient to be true but ...?? is it? What is going on? If I?m recording a live performance, is there going to be 5 seconds or so missing every little bit?

A:temporary black screens

Two things can be happening here and I'll try to explain them the best I can.

1. On lower-performing computers, UAC will try to prompt when an app loads and darkens the screen (partially, not completely) to present and focus the prompt on you. Sometimes the prompt never shows but the screen should never be going completely black.

2. Your graphics driver could be crashing and recovering. Please check your Windows event log (Under Windows > System) by typing "eventvwr.msc" in the search box of the Start Menu. Look for anything worse than INFORMATION around the time this happens. Typically, however, Windows is supposed to give you a pop-up in the bottom right corner of your screen saying the graphics driver crashed and recovered. It wouldn't hurt to make sure your graphics drivers are updated. Please post your specs so we can assist you with that if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138758-temporary-black-screens.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello everybody Over the last few months my pc had some episodes of frequently getting a BSOD It would do this about times in a row and then work fine for - weeks However today when I started using it my screen froze and when I resetted the pc the screen stayed black saying there and screens freezing Pc black was no signal input I tried restarting it several times it would Pc freezing and black screens usually result in a black screen or one with a white underscore flashing in the top left corner but at Pc freezing and black screens least I got one moment in which I was able to put some important files on a flash drive Given the situation I won't be able to run any software to detect anything as the pc only gives me a few seconds if not none at all each time I'm hardly anything of an expert but as far as I can guess from other topics websites the culprit would either be my RAM motherboard and or PSU If you guys could tell me which one it most likely is I could see if I can get my hands on temporary models to test this Much appreciated My specs are CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz Memory Kingston ValueRAM - GB x GB - DIMM -pins - DDR Video Gigabyte GV N OC- GI - GF GTX - GB PSU OCZ StealthXStream Watt MOBO ASRock Extreme - ATX - AMD

A:Pc freezing and black screens

With a black screen and white cursor, one cannot rule out the hard drive as a possible cause. Do you have another drive to test? Can you remove your current hard disk drive and see if your system starts up without it?

Without the hard drive, you will be unable to boot into Windows, but you should still get a working monitor and a message that the OS is missing or boot media is missing.

If you experience the same behavior of monitor not starting and white cursor showing even without the hard drive connected, move to testing other components. Strip down your system to run only the bare essentials. Leave only the following items in the system:One RAM module.

The Processor/CPU

The Processor Heatsink

One hard drive that has Windows installed on it

The Power Supply.

Remove the display card and run off onboard graphics if possible

Connect only one monitor, one mouse, and one keyboard. Remove all PCI cards that do not need to be installed except to run the mouse and keyboard.

Double check all power supply connections and make sure all cards are properly and firmly seated in their slots. A piece of hardware may be loose within the system due to being bumped or jostled. If unsure, remove everything but the CPU and heatsink, and then replace hardware one by one by gently but firmly placing the hardware back into the system.

As you add and remove hardware, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

If the above steps still do not provide a fix, remove the processor and heatsink and make sure none of the processor pins, either on the processor itself or on the motherboard, have been bent.

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezing-and-black-screens-689448.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Firtly i will give you some info about my pc:

proccesor: intel core 2 quad CPU @2.40Ghz
Ram: 4GB ddr2
Graphic card: Nvidia Ge Force 8800 GT
Graphic card's drivers: 8.17.12.5896
Windows 7 ultimate 64x
So my problem:

While i am playing a game (windowed mode mainly but happened of full mode as well) after some minutes (about..20) the monitor loses signal.Which means i have sound(not sure wether it just repeats the same part over and over again or the sound actually goes normal) but i get black screen and the monitor says "No signal'.
Weird part is that it doesn't happen to all games.So far it happened only on CoD:Black ops while football manager 2010 and pro evolution soccer 2010/2011 work without any problems.
If you need any more information let me know.
Thank you in advance

A:Black screens during gaming

I'm having the same problem ... same situation. It doesn't happen on all games. Games that crash are Sacred 2 and Torchlight. Games that work... Civ 5 This has only occurred since the last Win 7 patch. processor: 3.05 gigahertz Intel Core i7 950 Ram 6GB Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 [Display adapter] (2x) Graphic Driver 8.17.11.9634 Win 7 Ultimate 64 Just wanted you to know you're not alone liakos1910

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137297-black-screens-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 108.79%

hello i randomly encounter a black screen when doing activitys on my pc. From playing games to watching youtube my pc crashes! My screen would turn black and i would hear a buzzing sound. Solutions i tried, 1.Updated bios,2.Set my gpu and cpu to stock. http://i.snag.gy/U0pXQ.jpg Theres a pick of my event viewer.
http://www.filedropper.com/ozisike-02242016wed23062724 theres the other file for my system. Please help, im uneducated in all of this lmao
System specs: Intel Core i5-6600K, Sapphire Radeon R9 390, NZXT H440 Designed by Razer? - System Build - PCPartPicker

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41967-getting-constant-black-screens.html
Relevancy 108.79%

My computer which is .. Toshiba SatelitteA210.. has been a great computer untill now when it just randomly cuts of to a black screen out of no where..
id really appreciate if someone could lead me through to fix this problem.

thanks.
tonya.

A:Random black screens

Hi,
Is the laptop plugged in when the black screen occurs or are you running it of battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-black-screens.123338/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello I have a month desktop custom built screens BSOD's black and by a reliable shop For - weeks I've been experimenting crashes freezes and BSOD's randomly during my work and almost daily during the night of times the computer will have a BSOD and restart when left unnatended for a while and definitely at some point overnight so in the morning I can see that it has rebooted Power settings BSOD's and black screens I've tried to make sense of minidumps with windbg but it's beyond my expertise although I can see certain parameters being present in many logs but not in all as sometimes the cause reported it's different The main ones being CRITICAL PROCESS DIED KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR and sometimes IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Windows RAM check video memory test BSOD's and black screens and SFC all reported no errors I've tested all HDrives with Hard Disk Sentinel Seatools for DOS BSOD's and black screens and chkdsk f r x and the tests reported no errors However sometimes Hard Disk Sentinel states a test fail in my main storage drive when I do a quick selftest but not always Note chkdsk generated BSOD when run directly in windows but it completed without errors when runing after booting with the command window option found in the recovery advanced startup I cannot enter safe mode all I get is a black screen with my cursor mouse System specs OS Windows N CPU Intel I - K MB Asus Z M-Plus GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX GB Integrated Intel HD Graphics Dual monitors plugged into the Geforce RAM GB DDR Drives Main GB Samsung SSD Pro nd TB Seagate TB USB external for backup Your expert help would be invaluable Thanks

A:BSOD's and black screens

I can tell you that the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is almost caused by a bad driver.  If you have any drivers that didn't come from the motherboard manufacturer, that could be the cause.
To do further problem determination lease download and run Speccy.  After running it click File -> Publish snapshot... Copy and paste the link it gives you into your next post.  Then download minitoolbox and run it with the following boxes checked:

List last 10 Event Viewer Errors

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions, and Memory size

List Minidump files

Copy the resulting log and paste into a reply here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539988/bsods-and-black-screens/
Relevancy 108.79%

Recent;y, my parents obtained a new computer; A Dell (AX1700 model) computer with Vista pre-installed as the OS. Recently, my younger brother attempted to log into the system and it BSOD'd. Instead of copying down the code, he foolishly attempted to restart the system. Now, every time we boot up the machine, It prompts us to System restore, or start normally. Regardless of which choice we submit, the screen turns black and freezes that way.

I have left the machine unattended and untouched for 24 after freezing, yet it still didn't progress.

I have left the machine powered down and unattended for 24 hours, yet it still freezes at the same spot.

I have unplugged and disconnected all applications and attempted to reboot, but short of a full re-install, I am out of options. Does anyone here know what to do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multiple-black-screens-399156.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi guys,

I have this PC for about half a year and since beginning it had BSOD like once a week but now it has worsened significantly. it has BSOD like once a day but several times a day something that I call "black screen", basically the whole screen goes black and you can still hear the sounds for about 30s (so the PC is not completely dead) but than it dies and you have to do hard restart. My suspicion is that it occurs under high load, as it happens almost only when I play games, and especially in very demanding ones.

Uploading a dump from DM log collector.

last BSOD is from today 18,46, when I did stress testing (P95+FurMark running at the same time). Crashed after 50min.

Thanks so much!

A:BSODs and black screens

Information
Please fill out your system specs

Warning
Make sure you windows is updated

The BSOD reports a memory corruption.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc4000b938, ffffffffc000000e, 313aa6860, fffff88001727898}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800036f6278
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors. [INDENT] How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+

If there is no error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip
If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/344653-bsods-black-screens.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi,

I had this problem a long time ago, but it got fixed with some thermal paste to my gpu.
now it's happening again. what happens is, that the pc will run perfectly, but when I try to run a game, it'll run it for about 2 minutes, then the screen will go black (and give me that digital\analog message as if it's lost its signal), audio will stop, and the computer will hang. keyboard will still work though (num lock, etc.)

I think it's the gpu, but since a new gpu would cost me about 150 USD, I wanna make sure that a new gpu will solve my problem.

Thanks!

A:Freezes and black screens

If you can get your hands on another GPU for testing, that would be the best way to make sure the old GPU is bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezes-and-black-screens.186289/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi,

I am using IE 10 (needed to revert to 10 a few years ago... forgot the
reason), and a few weeks ago the open windows started freezing and
turning to solid black.

I can open new windows but usually have to restart the pc to get
everything working again.

Any ideas of what could be causing this or what to do about it?

Thank you!

A:IE 10 Freezes to Black Screens

I would like you to try turning off Graphics Acceleration in IE.

It's under Internet Options in the File Bar.

Simply uncheck it and it should be on its way. Report back and let us know how it goes.

Restart IE10 and the Computer too, if IE 10 restart evals to no avail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/390267-ie-10-freezes-black-screens.html
Relevancy 108.79%

hello i randomly encounter a black screen when doing activitys on my pc. From playing games to watching youtube my pc crashes! My screen would turn black and i would hear a buzzing sound. Solutions i tried, 1.Updated bios,2.Set my gpu and cpu to stock. http://i.snag.gy/U0pXQ.jpg Theres a pick of my event viewer.
http://www.filedropper.com/ozisike-02242016wed23062724 theres the other file for my system. Please help, im uneducated in all of this lmao
System specs: Intel Core i5-6600K, Sapphire Radeon R9 390, NZXT H440 Designed by Razer? - System Build - PCPartPicker

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41967-getting-constant-black-screens.html