Windows Support Forum

Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

Q: Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

I recently upgraded to a HP,Media Center editon pc, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3800+2.4 GHz Processor.

When trying to install Photoshop Album 1.0, I receive this message, "This operating system is not supported by Adobe Photoshop Album. We support Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 , XP Intel Pentium III or 4 processor".

Could my problem with installation be the Athlon processor? When purchasing this computer, our salesman convinced us that the Athlon was just as good as the Pentinum Processor. Any thoughts on this? My computer is less than a week old and having serious thoughts about returning it. I have had problems with other installations. Am I to expect more problems with software and the Athlon processor. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I am getting desperate for advice about the processor.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

What the message is telling you is that Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is not one of the operating systems that Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 supports. It has nothing to do with whether an Intel processor or an AMD processor is installed. I checked the system requirements for the newer version 2.0, and it also is not supported by Windows MCE 2005.

By the way, Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 has a 13.5 MB patch for it and will upgrade it to version 1.0.1. You can get it from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-processor-versus-pentinum-processor-in-windows-xp.440153/
Relevancy 86.86%

i have an amd athlon 64 processor 3200+ with 2gb ram.it is running slow.i have also just bought an ati radeon hd 2400pro sonic graphics card but when you look in settings it only states im at 32bit.what am i doing wrong,as i cant run some of my games at full graphics mode as they run slow or blocky.
please help.

A:Amd Athlon 64 processor

What do you mean 32 bit? If you are running a 32 bit operating system that is what it is telling you, your processor is 64 bits but that won't show up unless your running a 64 bit OS. Your processor is a single core running at 2.0 Ghz which is ok but not the best for gaming, your graphics card also isn't exactly top of the line, its a budget DX10 card so I wouldn't be expecting to be playing the newer games maxed out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-64-processor.102576/
Relevancy 86%

I just replaced my Athlon with a Athlon X It looks like Windows sees it as a single core processor whereas Linux sees it as a dual-core X2 - Processor Question Athlon perfectly Do I need to reinstall Windows to get it to see my process properly Also in Linux it s showing the cpu MHz as Should this be Processor Question - Athlon X2 Code email protected cat proc cpuinfo processor vendor id AuthenticAMD cpu family model model name AMD Processor Question - Athlon X2 Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor stepping cpu MHz cache size KB physical id siblings core id cpu cores fdiv bug no hlt bug no f f bug no coma bug no fpu yes fpu exception yes cpuid level wp yes flags fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse clflush mmx fxsr sse sse ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr opt lm dnowext dnow pni lahf lm cmp legacy ts fid vid ttp bogomips processor vendor id AuthenticAMD cpu family model model name AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor stepping cpu MHz cache size KB physical id siblings core id cpu cores fdiv bug no hlt bug no f f bug no coma bug no fpu yes fpu exception yes cpuid level wp yes flags fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse clflush mmx fxsr sse sse ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr opt lm dnowext dnow pni lahf lm cmp legacy ts fid vid ttp bogomips email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-question-athlon-x2.571373/
Relevancy 86%

Ok i just got through reading Vehementi s post about overclocking and how not to ask well i know quite a bit about computers but yet i have not learned exactly what to do to overclock I have looked and looked all over the net for help I have read books now and yet no anwsers dead I have a decent laptop that i use when I m not using this but my laptop is not always available and this computer is crappy I cant even listen to music and go on the internet or aim without it lagging I have an Ghz athlon processor and an asus A V-VM motherboard and an ASUS-TNT-Vanta video card with processor. I need help my athlon extreme I I need extreme help with my athlon processor. need to kno exactly what to do to increase my processor speed i know you have to increase the voltage bus speed ect and i can anwser a couple of Vehementi s questions So would someone be I need extreme help with my athlon processor. nice enough to tell me how tol overclock and what would be a decent speed to aim for without frying the motherboard or hurting my computer too bad I have proper cooling to overclock i have fans and a huge heatsink deal over my processor my computer s processor temp stays around degrees F so i can heat it up quite a bit so please could someone at least guide in the right direction or tell me where i can learn how to overclock this specific CPU and motherboard Some additional details are BIOS Revisions Date Core Version Chipset VIA VT C A VIdeo Card ASUS-TNT-VANTA Motherboard AsusTek A V-VM Processor Athlon Ghz RAM MB PC i believe giddy HDD GB Now i I need extreme help with my athlon processor. know my computer is a piece and it may serve no purpose overclocking but i am desperately in need of speeding this thing up without buying new stuff I m and I don t have the money to just go out and buy a new processor or motherboard trust me I would if I could so please someone help nbsp

A:I need extreme help with my athlon processor.

In Google, type in overclock Asus A7V-VM and pick your choice!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-extreme-help-with-my-athlon-processor.28001/
Relevancy 86%

Hello All,
I have a problem with my processor AMD Athlon X2 64 is not defined on windows 7,
I used windows update, but it was useless, on device manager it says : coprocessor with yellow warning.

can anyone help me?

Best regards.

A:processor AMD Athlon X2 64 driver

Quote: Originally Posted by abed87

Hello All,
I have a problem with my processor AMD Athlon X2 64 is not defined on windows 7,
I used windows update, but it was useless, on device manager it says : coprocessor with yellow warning.

can anyone help me?

Best regards.

Update BIOS and that should be fixed. Make sure you have a backup of your system and of the BIOS before hand.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/85822-processor-amd-athlon-x2-64-driver.html
Relevancy 86%

HI, I was wondering why the amd athlon 5200+ has 2x1mb cache for the L2 cache, but the newer version (amd athlon 5400+) only has 512x2? And the 5400+ has 2.8ghz when the 5200+ only has 2.6ghz. Which is better to get, and which will have overall better performance? Im guessing the 5200+ because its more expensive. thanks -Nick

5200+: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103759

500+: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103769

A:amd athlon processor question

They have the same cores but the larger cache will help a lot more than the minimal difference in clock speeds. So I think the 5200+ is a better buy. Just because something is more expensive, doesn't mean it's better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-processor-question.70048/
Relevancy 86%

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:
The processor performance state may not be restored to the maximum state if the CPU runs at 100 percent. This problem occurs if the computer is 100 percent busy when the power policy changes.

Does that mean my processor could be damaged permanently? And what do you think about that driver, should have I installed it or not?

A:AMD Athlon 64 Processor Driver

Install it if you intend to use cool'n'quiet. If you like for your system to be silent when you're web-surfing, listening to music, etc. it could certainly help. Otherwise there's no need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-64-processor-driver.29581/
Relevancy 86%

Hi

I have a brand new computer (a week old) with an AMD Athlon XP 2500 Processor. Windows has a driver update. It says K7 Processor dated Dec 17 2002. I checked the date of the driver that I now have and it is July 1,2002. So the Windows one would be newer. I have been checking Windows updates everyday for a week and today is the *first* day this driver has shown up - which I find strange.

In any case, should I be installing this driver? Is Windows correct in its identification, etc. ?

Thanks!!!!

Vivienne

Relevancy 86%

Hi, I am thinking of agetting an athlon 64 cpu.

I coudln't believe it when I saw they had a 1600MHZ FSB!

What speed DDR memory is necessary to run with that??

I know since I have and amd xp 3000+ machine 333mhz, I just use pc2700(333mhz) ddr memroy and set the ratio to 1:1

but 1600mhz ddr memory doesnt exist!
My second question is what is the difference between athlon 64 cpu and athlon 64 FX-53 cpus?

The FX series seems to be a lot more expensive, is there a huge performance difference?
How do these compare with the top intel p4 cpus?
Third, is there a WINDOWS 64 bit OS, and Is that recommended to use with an athlon 64 cpu? or just go with regular windows xp home or pro.
thanks

A:questions about the new athlon 64 processor...

The memory controller on the FX chip is 128bit, the Athlon 64 is 64bit.

Since the memory controller is onboard the cpu, you really don't have a FSB per say since the memory is controlled by the hypertransport controller and not by the mobo.

Your memory bandwidth from the dual channel would be the same, but the speed of the request through the memory controller is much faster do to the integration of the controller on the cpu. Therefore theorically the FX could perform request from the memory at twice the rate than the regular version. It's no longer the FSB that only determines the speed of requests to the ram. The Athlon 64 FX memory subsystem speed beats the P4 by over 20% and leaves the Athlon XP behind by more than 81%

There is no official 64bit windows release. Furthermore, when the OS is released it will only be available as OEM to ensure support for all equipment it's used with. Therefore, even when it does come available, it may not work on the 64bit system you build today. Still the AMD 64 bit cpu's are the way to go due to price/performance, and you may, in the future, get windows 64 support for your PC. If not, at least you can move the CPU to new hardware (mobo, etc) and buy some OEM equipment with the 64bit windows later on when it's released.

It's kinda like buying a printer back in 97 only to find the manufactuer didn't release a driver for winxp. It may work later, but there's no sure bet for your hardware, only the CPU is a safe one.

For the OS, I'd recommend winXP pro. I prefer win2000, but it looks like support will be running out on it shortly..

I believe when you were talking about 1600mhz DDR, you were talking about the speed of memory requests from the cpu through hypertransport. Like I mentioned, this is not the FSB and isn't dependant on the FSB anymow...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/questions-about-the-new-athlon-64-processor.256142/
Relevancy 86%

Is the AMD Athlon XP Processor 3200+
a worthy processor for gaming?
Or is Intel Pentium 4 the way to go??

Thanks!

I was looking at the specs of:

AMD Athlon XP Processor 3200+
1GB DDR SDRAM PC-3200
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256MB

for gaming... would that do good? or do I need to go with the Pentium.

Thanks!

A:AMD Athlon XP Processor 3200+

Firstly, please can we NOT HAVE another AMD vs Intel debate. And if we have to, can it get appended to existing threads?

Secondly, that AMD chip you mention is likely a great piece of equipment. Of course it will be good for games. I've got an Athlon 2100+ and its fine for games, and you (apparently) will have 50% more raw processing power - go get 'em , tiger!

This does not answer the question of whether an Athlon or P4 is the best for you. You'd have to tell us a lot more about your requirements, your budget and your expectations first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-xp-processor-3200.7436/
Relevancy 86%

Hi I have a windows Home Premium just got it june this year Amd Athlon tm IIx Athlon(tm) Amd IIx4 3.00 Ghz 640 Processor Processor Ghz GB Amd Athlon(tm) IIx4 640 Processor 3.00 Ghz -bit OS Amd Athlon(tm) IIx4 640 Processor 3.00 Ghz Ive had a lotta trouble with errors in my reports they are takeing up all my sapce and heres why I am here at the moment when I ran a diagnostic it came Amd Athlon(tm) IIx4 640 Processor 3.00 Ghz back that half of the report was missing to find out why my os was low and that my cpu was I need to know what to do I have had a lotta trouble with the radeon HD also it needed updateing right when i picked it up n brought it home it kept diplaying that i needed a diplay driver several times on a brand new pc something isnt right It was custom made if anyone could gimmie some tips here what to look for I could check and maybe come back and get some instructions im at loss still dont know everything that i would like to know about my pc I wish that i had a manual from what i have gathered there isnt any

A:Amd Athlon(tm) IIx4 640 Processor 3.00 Ghz

lustyln,

By errors in your reports--what do you mean?

In the meantime, would you fluff out your system specs for us. That way, your system specs go with each of your posts and you are not dependent upon someone having read some particular post.

UPDATE YOUR SEVENFORUMS SYSTEM SPECS

User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |
in left-hand column, under Your Profile, Edit System Spec |

Use Speccy - System Information - Free Download
and/or SIW to gather info for filling in the blanks.
You can also use the System Spec tool from this fine tutorial:
Use System Info to see your System Specs

Do me a favor. Please add the word laptop or desktop to the ?system manufacturer? block.

Provide full windows version info, such as provided by Speccy:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader, Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183286-amd-athlon-tm-iix4-640-processor-3-00-ghz.html
Relevancy 86%

hi,

the "AMD Athlon 3000+ XP Processor" chip, does this mean it will only run XP,
or can I run 98se ?

cheers

A:AMD Athlon 3000+ XP Processor

You can run anything. AMD's XP is just the name given to this range of processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-athlon-3000-xp-processor.280916/
Relevancy 86%

Hello everyone.

I built my new AMD setup two days ago, and today I just wanted to
check if the thermal paste was properly spread after the HSF was placed on the CPU.

The only problem is.. the heatsink seems to be pasted onto the processor,
and I don't want to damage the processor by ripping it out of the socket...

Could anyone tell me a manuever or method to applying enough pressure to remove the HSF and NOT rip out the processor?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

A:HELP! Trying to remove athlon 64 939 processor!

The best way to tell if you applied the thermal paste correctly is to monitor the CPU temperatures while it is operating. If you remove the HSF (Heat sink Fan) unit then you'll have to clean off the old thermal paste from both the CPU and HSF and reapply a new drop and stick it all back together. Of course in 2 days you'll want to remove it again and see if it spread out correctly, so you'll have to clean off the old paste and....Yadda Yadda Yadda.

How much paste did you apply? A drop in the middle of the CPU cap about the size of a small grain of rice or half a bee-bee is the correct amount. Any more than this and you run the risk of actually insulating the CPU from the HSF rather than connecting them thermally.

Did you clean off the surface of both the CPU and HSF before applying Thermal paste? These surfaces need to be oil (like your greasy hands oil) and lint free before sticking them together.

There should be NO paste leaking around the edges. See 1 above.

What is your CPU and what temps are you seeing? If you insist on inspecting your work then gently twist the HSF off of the CPU. Don't pry it off, don't strain yourself, avoid sharp instruments. It may be a little sticky but will eventually work free. I have used a blow dryer to heat up the HSF and CPU junction, just a little, to work things free on older installs but be advised that dry, hot air blowing across an electronic surface is a prime breeding ground for static electricity and all the nasty repercussions that come with it.

If you applied too much thermal paste then yes, you need to remove the HSF, clean the surfaces and install correctly. Be patient and do no harm here. See the Arctic Silver site for some good illustrated instructions on the proper amount of paste to apply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-trying-to-remove-athlon-64-939-processor.40358/
Relevancy 85.14%

My current CPU is....
Processor : AMD Sempron 145 (single core) 2.8 ghz
Socket type : AM3
Cache L1 : 64 kb
L2 : 1 mb
Architechture : 32-bit
Can I upgrade to a 64-bit changing only the processor Or Is it that I can upgrade to only a 32-bit processor?

The processor I want to upgrade to is....
Processor : AMD Athlon II X2 270 (dual core) 3.4 ghz
Socket Type : AM3
Cache L1 : 256 kb
L2 : 2 mb
Architechture : 32 or 64 bit

A:Can I upgrade amd sempron processor to amd athlon x2 ?

You have asked a question that does not have an answer [at least in the current form of your question]

You need to provide a LOT more info; exact mb installed, what pw supply you are running, etc, etc, etc.

Note if this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, the only one who can tell you is the oem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-amd-sempron-processor-to-amd-athlon-x2.1092785/
Relevancy 85.14%

I just recieved my custom built pc from cybersystem and i'd like to know how to overclock this processor my friend told me that i have a slow pc..

here are the specs to my pc:

ATOP ATX833-BLACK CASE 350 WATT W/ SIDE-PANEL WINDOW
AMD Athlon XP-2400+ Processor
ASUS A7N8X-X nVidia nForce-2 400 FSB 8X AGP w/ USB2.0, LAN, &; AUDIO
512 MB (256MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY
80GB 7200 RPM ATA 100 HARD DRIVE

Relevancy 85.14%

Below is a copy and paste of a computer ad i am looking at. Last time i bought a computer, Pen4 was a top of the line processor,so i am out of touch with presentday top line processors.

Is what is pasted below a 'ATHLON64 DUAL CORE' ? is that the best ATHLON processor available? Or is AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 2GHz 3800+ processor better?
(reminder 'there is no such thing as a dumb question')
Processor
Type: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ / 2.4 GHz
Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core

Relevancy 85.14%

Greetings, all.

I've been away a long time. I have a question and hope I got the right forum. BTW, this isn't about the XP OS but is about testing a processor.

I just bought an Athlon 64 X2 socket 939 processor (4400) to be used in a later build. I am currently running a spare XP system using an Athlon 64 (4000) processor.

What is the easiest way to verify that the X2 processor I just bought isn't dead, using my current system but not hosing it up so that I can continue using my originally configured system (the Athlon 64) after the functional check of the X2 processor. I don't want to have to reload XP or repair it if possible. Thanks in advance.

Mark

A:How to do a functional test on an Athlon 64 X2 (939) Processor

The CPU test most used is Prime95.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/371709-how-do-functional-test-athlon-64-x2-939-processor.html
Relevancy 85.14%

AMD ATHLON XP 3000+ 333FSB PROCESSOR CPU

Anyone know if this motherboard and processor is any good?

Thanks and Have a Great Day,
jraquel

A:Amd athlon xp 3000+ 333fsb processor cpu

Well, it's a very low-end combination in today's world. "good" would depend on your intended usage. It should be cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-athlon-xp-3000-333fsb-processor-cpu.958308/
Relevancy 85.14%

got another ? for anyone out there anybody know what i can do about a mother board that isnt posting. im getting power to it but for some reason it doesnt sound like it is posting. if i clear the cmos battery can that help or is the mother board bad. socket 754 amd athlon 64 xp 3000 +

Relevancy 85.14%

The title pretty much says it all.

Here are my specs: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1808734

A:How to safely overclock an AMD Athlon II X2 240 processor

Amd makes a really nifty, comprehensive piece of performance software called AOD. It can be had here:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/amd-overdrive/Pages/overview.aspx
Most x2 2xx models will OC to between 3.5-3.8Ghz depending on the motherboard you are using. You should list the rest of your components so we know what we are dealing with, including the PSU you are using. assuming you have quality components, you have the advantage of many others OC'ing this model before you. using AOD is nice as you can shorten the time to OC before making the final stable settings semi permanent in the bios if you choose, or setup an OC profile in AOD to use only during intense operations or gaming if you like. If you want, you can jump right to a setting of 3.4Ghz by raising the HT ref to 242 and the V-core to 1.475 and running the built in stability test for 15 minutes. from there raise the HT ref by 5-10 Mhz and run the stability test until it breaks. You can then raise the Vcore in intervals of .025-.05 until stable. Remember your CPU has a locked multiplier so you will be OC'ing the whole system when you raise the HT ref clock (memory,Northbridge, etc) you may want to drop the HT/NB/CPU multiplier back while you find the maximum OC to eliminate it as a possible limiting factor. a couple things to keep in mind...

1) watch temperatures. Its a REALLY good idea to have after-market cooling (heatsink/Fan) while OC'ing
2) make sure you have adequate PSU, both in capacity and quality.
3) the maximum Vcore for this generation of CPU's is 1.55v, better yet, stay at or under 1.5v -1.525v
4) with very good cooling (and if you want to push up over 1.5 V) you may get over 4.0Ghz.

Here is TechPowerup's Oc of an x2 240, you can get an idea of the settings they used to get 3.8Ghz OC (typical OC for this CPU if you have decent MB,PSU etc)

Here is a look at the control screen of the AOD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-safely-overclock-an-amd-athlon-ii-x2-240-processor.165156/
Relevancy 85.14%

Can Someone help me with my Processor Upgrade....  At the present time, I have a AMD ATHLON II X 2 IN MY HP COMPAQ CQ5222UK DESKTOP & I Would like to upgraded my Desktop Procressor from a AMD ATHLON Il X2 to one more prowerful than what I have A presentMy Computer Desktop is the - HP COMPANQ CQ5222UK DESKTOP  I have read several article's saying I can do this but my problem is that I keep reading Conflicting information.  I.E. One Company says,  You can upgrade to a Intel Core Processor but some other Companies Say, I could upgrade to a AMD ATHLON X4 860K. I would very much appreciate some help & advice upgrading my HP Compaq CQ5222UK Processor from a Expert......... Kindest Regards Pedro 10

A:Upgrading My Desktop Processor from a AMD ATHLON II X2

On the support page for that model, it states:Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:Socket type: AM3TDP: 95 wattAMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb)AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core (Heka)AMD Phenom II X2 5xx (Callisto)AMD II Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)AMD II Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe (Rana)AMD II Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe (Regor)AMD Sempron 1xx (Sargas)As for the statement "One Company says,  You can upgrade to a Intel Core Processor"  Processor upgrades cannot cross from AMD to Intel.  The motherboards are completely different as well as the processor sockets.  As to the Athlon X4 processor stated, NO.  But the motherboard does support the AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb) or the AMD II Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-My-Desktop-Processor-from-a-AMD-ATHLON-II-X2/td-p/5831173
Relevancy 85.14%

Pretty self explanatory...tower specs are in my sig.

A:Can I overclock my Athlon XP 3000+ processor?

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030210/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-overclock-my-athlon-xp-3000-processor.414392/
Relevancy 83.85%

i just like to know if this new processor will work on my mother board M2N68-LA (Narra5)

A:upgrade processor in a compaq CQ5300F to a AMD-Athlon-X4-8...

@jet-meck? No it will not work. The M2N68-LA (Narra5) motherboard. NOTE: Only socket AM2+ processors are supported with this motherboard. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c01701270 The AMD 845 is a Socket FM2+ http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/AMD/Athlon_X4/845.html REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrade-processor-in-a-compaq-CQ5300F-to-a-AMD-Athlon-X4-845/td-p/5829508
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all Need a little help please I'm an IT Manager in AMD Processor Pack Athlon 3 with PC on Service Update a small company that is getting bigger and I have recently acquired a PC that was in storage that needs a bit of TLC to bring it back into daily use I have done all the usual Defrag Scandisk Disk Cleanup AV Scans Windows Updates but have come to a sticking point All is working well except I cannot seem Service Pack 3 Update on PC with AMD Athlon Processor to get Windows Service Pack Service Pack 3 Update on PC with AMD Athlon Processor to install I have downloaded the AMD Processor Patch downloaded the manual install file for Service Pack and started the PC in quot Safe Mode quot I get the same error message each time quot C Windows Sys drivers ndis sys is open or in use by another program quot and then the installation fails I have done AV scans tried installing SP in Normal Mode and Safe Mode Shutdown and Restarted the PC I'm stuck now I noticed that there was Service Pack 3 Update on PC with AMD Athlon Processor an issue being highlighted in Forums back in about compatibility issues with AMD processors but I would have thought that would be resolved by now All other Windows Updates seem to be downloading and installing fine just not SP The PC Spec is as follows Windows XP Pro SP AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor GHz Gb RAM GB HDD DVD RAM drive installed Standard Network Card and Graphics Card Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,I am thinking of upgrading this Processor to an AMD Phenom? II X3 Processor or a x4,would this be worth it for performance.or stick with the present. Regards Martin.

A:AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

this processor will give you a huge performance increase over the 4400, however you will need a different motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103649

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-processor-4400.130960/
Relevancy 83.85%

Readout on chip:

Readout:
AXMS1500FWS3B | 9881995250216
AIPCA 0217WPAW

Will post picture if needed..

Came from a laptop, but want to make sure it's not a desktop chip in a laptop (which does happen). Actually hoping it's a desktop chip..

A:Curious if this athlon is a desktop model of processor..

Core: AXMS Tbred/Barton Mobile 25W , AXMD 35W, AXMH 45W

It's a mobile chip.

Made 2002, week 17, Max FSB=200, 1.3v, max temp 95C, 256k cache...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/curious-if-this-athlon-is-a-desktop-model-of-processor.195870/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey there guys, not sure if this is the right area for this or not, but im looking to pick up a new AMD Athlon? X2 Dual-Core processor at 3 Ghz.

Now Right now I have a P4 2.4 Ghz Socket 478, and I would like to upgrade my CPU, but cant really see this socket type going much higher than a single 3 ghz.

I am looking to invest in the AMD Athlon? X2 Dual-Core, but Im not sure which mobo I would need to be able to have it work properly.

Unless you guys can just recommend a good upgrade to my cpu which wont have me get a new mobo.

thanks guys!

A:debating AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core processor

I just did a search, & I think the socket 478 is for Intel CPU's. If you want an AMD CPU,
you could probably find a combo deal of CPU & motherboard at NewEgg, TigerDirect, or
Fry's Electronics at reasonable prices over just buying a 3.0 ghz CPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/ComboDea...rboards&Page=5

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/119056-debating-amd-athlon-x2-dual-core-processor.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,
I have a Athlon XP barton core 2500+ processor sitting on an Asus A7V600-X with (2) 256MB sticks of Corsair Value Select.

In BIOS, the CPU Speed is 1467 MHz , bus speed is 133/33, and multiplier is 11.0x. I can't remember exactly what the ram is... (either PC2700 or PC3200) but do I need to change these settings or is the correct speed for a XP2500+?

I'm not interested in OC'ing or anything, just want to be running at the right speed.

Thanks
Ed

A:Athlon XP 2500 processor running at 1467MHz. Is that correct?

That is definately not the correct speed for your processor, I run an xp2000+ and its normal clock speed is 1666 Mhz. In your bios there is a setting for front side bus (fsb) speed, u need to set that correctly for your particular processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-xp-2500-processor-running-at-1467mhz-is-that-correct.26941/
Relevancy 82.99%

My wife is looking to buy A Windows 7 system and she is looking at the above. I can't remember whether regular 32 bit programs will work on a 64 bit cpu. I assume Windows 7 will be 64 bit though.
Thanks.

A:Acer Ferrari One AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor

Hi Bertie!

Quote:
Most programs designed for a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows will work on a computer running 64-bit versions of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs, and some hardware drivers.

Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows do not work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

From Microsoft 32-Bit and 64-Bit FAQ

Thanks,
ZeshanA
If a user helps you, clcik the scales at the top right of their post and click "I Approve"!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/38744-acer-ferrari-one-amd-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-processor.html
Relevancy 82.99%

quot Hoping someone can offer some advice with this frustrating problem I'm currently running Vista Ultimate SP bit My motherboard is an ASUS K N-E-Deluxe nForce chipset My processor is an Athlon Newcastle Kb L Cache The Asus upgrade after 64 Processor Athlon wont Vista boot board allows for up to overclocking natively in the BIOS so I have been running this at Ghz without problems for some time I have a decent CPU Cooler and my Vista wont boot after Athlon 64 Processor upgrade CPU temps are regularly in the low s at idle I recently decided to upgrade the processor to an Athlon Clawhammer Mb L Cache I installed the processor intending to Vista wont boot after Athlon 64 Processor upgrade overclock it automatically with the same BIOS settings Put everything back together and switched the PC on It posts ok and the new processor shows up fine in the BIOS Initially with these Vista wont boot after Athlon 64 Processor upgrade settings after detecting all the disks correctly on the POST screen it initially came up with an error saying it couldn't find a bootable partition not exact error message but something along those lines I then restarted the PC entered the BIOS and put all the clock speeds back to Auto settings and rebooted This time it came up with the 'Windows Vista has encountered an error due to a hardware change' and then gave me the option to enter Safe Mode or start Windows normally I tried both options and in each case the PC restarts and at the point when the Microsoft progress bar would normally appear the PC beeps once and then restarts automatically This continuously loops if I let it I've researched around the web tonight and the processor and board are definitely meant to be compatible The BIOS reports the processor temps and voltage in the correct ranges according to the AMD specs so I'm assumming the processor is OK The Vista install was a volume licence edition I am a developer with a MSDN subscription I tried using the install DVD and it wouldn't load either Even it it did I'm in two minds whether to attempt a startup repair in case it gives me no rollback for reverting to the old processor which I've done in the meantime with no problems Not really sure what to do next so any help and advice would be appreciated Thanks in advance Darren quot Hi I posted the above thread in the Hardware Support section and didn't get any replies so I'm wondering if this is maybe more a Vista issue than a hardware one To update today I tried refitting the new CPU and reseting the BIOS to its default settings Vista still wont start and still continues on a recurrsive reboot Is Vista really that temparamental with processor changes I've done a bit of digging and Vista is using amdk sys when it runs successfully using my old processor From what I can tell this is the correct driver for the new one too Or is this a Vista flaky activation changed too much hardware issue then I really will be annoyed Any help would be appreciated thanks Darren

A:Vista wont boot after Athlon 64 Processor upgrade

Vista is a bit temperamental about Hardware changes. It freaked out last time when i needed to repair a damaged DVD drive and booted Vista without one.
See if you can boot Vista again using your old CPU. (Note: For CPU and RAM changes you need to clear the CMOS via the jumper on the motherboard.)
If you can successfully boot back into Vista, un-install the following drivers.
CPU
Disk Drives
IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.

Then turn off your System, add the new CPU back in, clear the CMOS once again and then boot.
Let Vista re-install the drivers at where un-installed if it boots...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-boot-after-athlon-64-processor-upgrade-300507.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi there,
I was thinking of upgrading my processor because I believe it is bottle necking my gaming performance. My current computer is composed of an AMD Athlon X2 4200+, 2.2GHz, Nvidia 9600GT 512MB video card, 2 Gigs Dell Ram, 250GB HD, Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 650W ATX12V Power Supply with Three 12V Rails. I was thinking of upgrading to a 5400+ or even a 6000+, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my motherboard or w/e. If anyone could help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here is the info from CPU-Z in .htm format.

A:Upgrading my processor (Dell E521, AMD Athlon x2 4200+, 2.2Ghz)

If the dell BIOS allows it, the 5400 would be safest to upgrade to. 6000 and higher and you'll risk blowing up the board. The difference is 2.8 vs 3.0ghz.

I don't think a 600Mhz upgrade will help much. But here is a chart with Quake4: http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...,1254,1226,1280,1316,1313,1312,1284,1310,1309

Going from 81fps to 95fps. Dell RAM is usually 533 or 667Mhz RAM, if its 533, going to 800Mhz would help a bit. A 9600GT is a fine card... going to a $160 ATI 4850 card would be a bit of a boost, that is faster than the old $600 8800GTX.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-processor-dell-e521-amd-athlon-x2-4200-2-2ghz.737424/
Relevancy 82.13%

The Title pretty much explains it for the most part. Its making a noise akin to old-school modems, and seems to coincide with what I do with my mouse most often. Keyboard doesnt seem to generate the sound too much.

It only started this today, i'd wait and call AMD tech support, but if i do, i just may be lacking a moniter when i get to that part

Anyone ever experiance this before? As i said, it jsut started and has never done this before. It really doesnt like it when i use my scroll wheel.

Relevancy 82.13%

If anyone has any Ideas on this I would appreciate it greatly.

A:AMD Athlon 2650e, 1.6GHz Processor is running at half speed!

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What happens if you run a game or a large program? The processor should increase the the max power. Today most processors can idle therefore they don't use max power.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/amd-athlon-2650e-1-6ghz-processor-is-running-at-half-speed-634944.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My son has a which uses a 4X AGP slot, 512mb ram, directx 8.1, ME os, 300watt ps. He cannot play Everquest but can play Medal of Honor and Spearhead on it. He can however play Everquest using the onboard Graphics card which uses the T-Bird chipset integrating a 128-bit AGP Graphics Accelerator but cannot play Medal of Honor using the onboard. Now the really weird thing is I have the same motherboard but with a 1.4 athlon, 256mb and everything I just mentioned same card, etc, and it runs both games fine. We checked the memory and it is fine. We even replaced it just in case. I cannot find any difference in any settings between the 2 computers. What's up? Any suggestions?

A:M810LR motherboard, w/1.3 athlon processor, w/Geoforce2 Mx200 can't play Everquest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m810lr-motherboard-w-1-3-athlon-processor-w-geoforce2-mx200-cant-play-everquest.109967/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi everyone I am having a hard time with my laptop after it came back from a repair at the shop i installed win xp pro x and fully updated the whole thing my windows continues to claim that my processor works at a mhz at all times i athlon pro processor issue XP Mobile 64x speed 64 power Win 4000+ management/Cpu AMD am able to launch games Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue like EVE online and run all my programs but when i try to launch Hellgate London i get the message that i am not meeting the minimun requirements of mhz it then proceeds to the game and i can log in to my account and play BUT the whole thing is in a super accelerated mode can anybody help me with this i already searched microsoft and google for solutions and cant seem to find anything my AMD Power monitor says that i am running mhz as i should be i have tried to change the reg key to mhz instead but this doesnt help i have also tried to install the newest amd drivers i have also tried to install SpeedSwitch to Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue force my computer into max speed at all times cpu goes slower when its not working please help me if u can i am totally out of ideas here my system is the Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A G laptop Mobile AMD athlon processor ATI radeon mobility x gb ram the power management system is ACPI thx in advance Aron Rohden

A:Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue

Boot to BIOS, Check the settings there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-64x-mobile-amd-athlon-64-processor-4000-power-management-cpu-speed-issue-195574.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys. I joined today because I'm deciding between two laptops and I thought I could use your help.

The laptop will be used for everyday use for the most part but I also play World of Warcraft. The game recommends at least 1g of RAM but most users suggest more. The Acer has more RAM but only a single processor. Any suggestions?

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Celeron® Processor:

Processor: Intel Celeron

Processor Speed: 2.2GHz

System Bus: 800MHz

Cache Memory: 1MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM): 2GB

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR2

Hard Drive Type: SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size: 250GB

Acer - Aspire Laptop with AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor

Processor: AMD Athlon?

Processor Speed: 1.6GHz

System Bus: 667MHz

Cache Memory: 512KB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM): 3GB

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR2

Hard Drive Type: SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size: 160GB

A:Toshiba Laptop with Intel Celeron or Acer with AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor?

both of those computers are pretty slow... and single core. the Toshiba is the better buy but the link is dead so you might be out of luck with that anyways. i don't play wow so i can't tell you what i would recommend for hardware. i will just go ahead and make the suggestion to buy something with a Core2Duo, 2GB RAM and a more high-end onboard video adapter for games. the more dedicated video power the better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-with-intel-celeron-or-acer-with-amd-athlon-single-core-processor.138726/
Relevancy 78.69%

Greetings Hoping someone can help with reformatting a Dell Inspiron GB RAM 64 Vista 3 Need reformatting Core GHz 1.9 help Dell Dual Premium... RAM; 250 x2 processor; Home Inspiron Athlon a GB 1721; HDD; GB GB HDD Athlon x Dual Core GHz processor Vista Home Premium bit OS Reformatted and clean install of Need help reformatting a Dell Inspiron 1721; 3 GB RAM; 250 GB HDD; Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 1.9 GHz processor; Vista Home Premium... Vista months ago Afterward everything worked perfectly until a couple of Need help reformatting a Dell Inspiron 1721; 3 GB RAM; 250 GB HDD; Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 1.9 GHz processor; Vista Home Premium... weeks ago After automatic updates installed Vista SP suddenly Windows Media Center which I've never used and am not at all familiar with and have no plans to learn it and use it in the future began opening by itself over and over Also a little window popped up on Need help reformatting a Dell Inspiron 1721; 3 GB RAM; 250 GB HDD; Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 1.9 GHz processor; Vista Home Premium... boot up that said something to the effect that my new hardware needed intalled however I have not added any new hardware Have no idea what it was trying to install Also intermittently programs I'm using just exit out even though I have not pressed exit And the mouse intermittently jumps around by itself or won't respond to the touchpad - - it opens programs opens the start menu types gibberish into the 'Start Search' line closes programs opens browsers or browser tabs closes browser tabs etc etc etc Also sometimes an odd looking exit menu appears top left screen in a different resolution than the screen is set at AND sometimes when I'm working all of a sudden the keys won't type but the computer issues a loud beep every time a key is pressed When problems first started I immediately ran system restore No change Tried another date in system restore Still no change Went through all restore points and each time I got the message that the restore was successful however no change Ran CCleaner Ran AVG paid subscription found nothing Ran SuperAntiSpyware paid subscription found nothing Ran MalwaryBytes Anti-Malware paid subscription found nothing Ran Panda Online Scanner paid subscription it found a file that it said it couldn't disinfect the file name was Downloads HC VistaLogo Drv E Encoder x V Setup Silent exe - - tried to find it and delete it but couldn't locate it however similar file names were in the AverMedia folder Don't use AverMedia even though it came with the computer so I uninstalled it Ran Panda scan again and it found nothing this time Started googling and stopped all WMC services and removed every instance of it from startup Ran Trend Micro Housecall found nothing Problems kept escalating At times the computer started beeping very fast and refusing to respond to any commands Suddenly two or three browsers open very quickly all by themselves Periodically the start menu opens and the computer types gibberish that looks like computer speak into the start search command line When WMC opens by itself it preempts everything else so that nothing else works until it's closed out and often after closing it out other programs will not respond to any keyboard or touchpad commands until the unit is restarted Twice the computer has refused to disconnect from the wireless connection when I tried to disconnect Sometimes the space bar has to be pressed several times to work Shortcuts have to be right clicked then click 'open' because when a shortcut is pressed the properties dialog opens instead of the program Once on reboot instead of Vista opening it went to a black screen and quot Vista quot had to be chosen from a list before it would open and a couple of times the computer froze at that screen and wouldn't boot up - had to shut down manually and press F and chose the HDD option to get it to open THEN I uninstalled AVG and purchased AVG and installed and ran it - it's supposed to be better It found and removed se... Read more

A:Need help reformatting a Dell Inspiron 1721; 3 GB RAM; 250 GB HDD; Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 1.9 GHz processor; Vista Home Premium...

Hi Sharon.

If your game then so am I.

All the things you stated sound like a possible infection or operating system corruption due to unknown reasons. Although none, or a questionable one, was found. I am in total agreement with Garmanma. Also the fact that the rootkit scan is disabled in AVG causes me some concern.

Seems you already have a pretty good idea how to format the drive and reinstall your OS and drivers....... But would like to take it one step further in this case though. I would like to have you wipe the entire hard drive to zeroes prior to formatting and installing the OS. This would include what is called the MBR = Master Boot Record, the partition the OS is on as well as the restore partition. Of course this would leave you only the option of reinstalling via the CD. All pre-installed software will be gone for good. Complete restore CDs are usually available from the OEM for a nominal cost.

The only reason I suggest this manner is, 1)The problems you are describing does somewhat resemble infection symptoms. 2)Depending on the possible infection type a simple reformat may not get rid of it. I have also read that it is possible for the restore partition can become infected as well.

The procedures are really pretty easy, the program(s) to wipe the drive to zeroes is free and we will do our best to get you through the whole procedure as painlessly as possible.

Let me know what you decide.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268394/need-help-reformatting-a-dell-inspiron-1721;-3-gb-ram;-250-gb-hdd;-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-19-ghz-processor;-vista-home-premium-32-bit-os/
Relevancy 77.83%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal The exact Error that s provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last Collaborative are for Power Processor Controls disabled Processor upgrade after one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb NOTE my laptop has an Nvidia GeForce m Chip as well but it did not detect that for some reason Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC N JN Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Have not had time to get antiviral software yet So is there Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade anything i can do or do i just have to wait and see if Asus pushes out an update thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade.1152536/
Relevancy 77.83%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power for Power disabled Collaborative Processor Controls after upgrade are Processor was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error's listed and this came up The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Asustek N JN-MH Notebook Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Core Thread Ram GB MB Video Intel Onboard MB Nvidia GeForce m OS Windows Home Upgraded from Windows So is there anything that i can do or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update even though it's probably likely they won't Thanks in advance guys

A:Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade-1025010.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Can any body tell me the main diff between the core 2 duo processor and core 2 duo processor with centrino.

Thanks
_______

A:Diff between centrino processor and core 2 duo processor

In a word nothing, the centrino branding does not refer to any specific additions to the processor, it is simply a label that is attached to laptops which use intel branded processor, integrated graphics and wireless chips.

Centrino is more of a marketing tool that Intel use to boost sales of their graphics and wireless chips, so you can pretty much ignore it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diff-between-centrino-processor-and-core-2-duo-processor.770100/
Relevancy 75.68%

Quad processors are darn expensive You can have a hand in helping me build my new laptop Speed is a priority when I use my computer for PLEASURE I can deal with an occasional slowdown When I use my computer for a WORK or a SCHOOL project and I experience a slowdown I feel like breaking bodies or punching a hole in the wall I m buying a new laptop I ll be using it primarily for work and school I d say quad a buy I Decision processor? or time: should a processor duo of the time that I use the laptop it will be used for serious - business stuff primarily work and school That s why when I customize my new laptop I m going Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? to customize it with gigs of RAM and a quad core processor to have as much speed as possible and as high a flow rate as possible Is that a good build strategy My work school laptop will gt be used for heavy Internet duty gt be used heavily for programs like Dreamweaver Photoshop and Flash gt i will not be using it for computer games but note if i have to sell the laptop on Craigslist in a year or two I d like this laptop to appeal to gamers so I can sell it quicker faster gt i don t have a lot of disposable income The quad processor costs a few hundred dollars more Since I ll be using my Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? computer for work and school and since I might be making more money a year from now If I have to and with your advice I ll pay the extra cost nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 74.82%

I am buying a new rig tomorrow, just wanted to see what you thought about it.

I have a choice between a $269 used pentium dual core vs a brand new 299 AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Whats better and how faster is the AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620 vs my pentium III/600MHZ?

A:Pentium Dual core vs AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Depends on what the specs are with the Intel dual core and what specs you're getting with the AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-vs-amd-athlon-single-core-processor-le-1620.126258/
Relevancy 73.96%

i am looking at an 400 dollar ACER computer with : AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core 255 Processor

Last time i bought a computer PEN4 was king. Dont laugh

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello everyone,

I want to build a new system, and I was wondering just what the differences between a sever processor and a desktop processor are.

Would I see gaming performance decrease by using a Quad Server Core or a Quad Desktop Core?

I wanted to build a dual socket server core and have 8 physical cores.

Thoughts?

A:Server Processor Vs. Desktop Processor

I dont think any games are designed to take advantage of a dual socket setup. Windows Server OS's are designed to take advantage of dual socket setups. Some newer games are coming out which take advantage of single socket dual or quad core setups on desktops. A server based PC would not gain any performance for games IMO. You are better off investing the extra $ in a good video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-processor-vs-desktop-processor.137017/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am researching to buy a new computer and have been seeing x2 prices that are in my price range. (see: http://tinyurl.com/77jsu) I notice that the gH of the x2 is lower than that of the Athlon 64. What does that mean in terms of performance? Does it run more slowly? Is the 64 better than the x2 if the gH is higher?
Thanks for all help!

Relevancy 68.8%

Can a new motherboard that is built for the AMD Opteron 64 CPU work with a Athlon XP CPU ?
With other words is the board backwards compatible concerning CPU's Or is the CPU socket completely different ??

A:Athlon Opteron versus Ahlon XP

nope, different number of pins

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-opteron-versus-ahlon-xp.203400/
Relevancy 63.64%

Is windows coming out wiht a 64 bit processor? and if so when will it be out?

A:Windows 64 bit Processor????

Windows doesn't make a 64bit processor.. Although 64 bit windows is already available in a 360 day time limited beta. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/upgrade.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-64-bit-processor.296723/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Not sure if this is in the right place I recently bought a used laptop with a day warranty When I bought the laptop the system info stated it was a windows xp with an Intel celeron processor About a week after I bought it I started having trouble with the screen so I returned to the man to be fixed I got it back a week later BUT this is not the same laptop the housing lid and everything is different but all of my items on my previous laptop Processor XP Windows are on this one That doesn t concern me to much What does is when I checked the system info on this one It doesn t say Intel Celeron It just says Mobile Intel Pentium which I m not sure if this is better or worse than the Intel Celeron I paid for My question Should I be concerned Is there some other way on this laptop that I Windows XP Processor can check the processor Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

i would think my laptop, made for windows 7, could not run windows 8. However, most of the system requirements comply with my computer, but im unsure about the processor and the graphics card. I'm running an AMD E-450 APU "with radion", don't know if it has support for NX, PEA, and SSE2, does it?

the system page says the processor has "HD graphics", but does not specify the graphics card, how do i find this out?

thanks
P.S., the more detail the better im trying to learn more technical skills with computers

A:can my processor run windows 8?

Did you try entering the computer model here>
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...patCenter/Home

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67906-can-my-processor-run-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,

I am soon installing Windows 7 on my laptop. For specs see my profile.

Now I am not sure if I should install Windows 7 32-bit or Windows 7 64-bit version.
Because after viewing the Experience Index from my system, and choose ->view and print details, i see this:

ManufacturerDell Inc. ModelInspiron 1720 Total amount of system memory4,00 GB RAM System type32-bit operating system Number of processor cores2 64-bit capableYes

As you can see, 64-bit capable Yes.

Does this mean that I can install Windows 7 x64 bit version?

I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

I also like to know if someone here installed Windows 7 succesfully on the dell inspiron 1720.

Best regards,

zx81

A:Processor for 32-bit and 64-bit windows 7?

Hello, your computer appears to be able to use a 64-bit Operating System, I do suggest running x64 on that particular system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/31597-processor-32-bit-64-bit-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am not really informed on microsoft stuff and i was woundering if anyone knew about the new 64 bit processor windows was coming out with. I was woundering when it was coming out.

Relevancy 63.64%

hello all. I recently upgraded my pc from a 5200 nvida geforce to a 6800 nvidia geforce and i also upgraded my old amd sempron 2400+ 32 bit processor to a 64 bit amd athlon 3800+ dual core. I was wondering though cause a lot of people have said that i need to upgrade my windows xp operating system. Right now i have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 2002 with service pack 2. I mainly use my pc for gaming and i was wondering is it really worth upgrading my operating system, like will it enhance my gameplay and graphics a great deal. If so, should i get Windows XP 64 Bit Proffesional edition or should i wait for Windows Vista? Thanks, your help is appreciated.

A:64 Bit Processor On 32 Bit Windows?

Hello Welcome to BC. On this subject this is a call only you yourself can make. Right now you are using a 32-bit OS in a 64_bit environment. The question is do you want to spend the money on Windows XP 64-bit and then when Vista comes out spend some more money? You have to remember when the new OS comes out it will take about 9 months to a year to fix a lot of the little glitches in Vista.

There is one thing you can do. If you or someone you know is a college student you might be able to purchase a students copy thru the local University very cheap, a friend just bought Windows XP Pro 32-bit for $14.00 which was an upgrade and it included Windows XP Pro upgrade 64-bit. this works out to $7.00 a piece. Not bad and I ended up with the 64-bit upgrade version for nothing he just gave it to me. Like I said, "Get a student to buy it for you." It is perfectly legal. The universities will not sell it to anybody that is not either a student or works as a faculty member and they will only sell them one package.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52358/64-bit-processor-on-32-bit-windows/
Relevancy 62.78%

This should be an easy question for youz guys and ladies.
Is there dual processor support in XP?

Is a dual processor motherboard with SCSI faster than a single processor with XP?
Thanks

A:Windows XP Dual processor

windows XP PRO will support 2 processors. I dont think XP HOME will. Unfortunately there is little software that will use the extra processor. The software will run but it will only use one of the processors. My present thought on dual processors is that it is not worth it unless you have a specific application that needs blinding speed and will suppoort 2 processors.

As to your second question. Yes it should be faster IF......your application can use 2 processors.

Steve L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-dual-processor.99395/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the more I look around, the more confused I am.

I presently have two systems. Both run XP Pro with 32-bit OS. One is an Intel and the other is an AMD 64 3800+.
When I updated windows the Intel downloaded KB973688, while the AMD downloaded KB973687.
These two updated are basically the same except that one is for 32-bit(973688) and the other is for a 64-bit OS(973687).

Shouldn?t both 32-bit OS have downloaded the KB973688 (32-bit) update?

Thank you.

A:Difference between Windows 64-bit and a AMD 64 Processor?

Someone else found the answer for me.
It seems there is a 32 and 64 bit update with this number (kb973687). In all of my searching I did not see the 32-bit update.

Sorry I troubled the forum before seeing this.
Guess I am going to have to work on my search techniques.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275076/difference-between-windows-64-bit-and-a-amd-64-processor/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey Ya'll,

I just bought:

Motherboard.. Intel D945Gnt
Processor.. Intel P4 2.80G
And 1 G of RAM

This was a drastic change from what I had, and was told that I would have to re-install XP.
OK, I figured it would be worth the trouble..

While running setup

Runs setup fine until the first reboot, then I get, with the DOS screen..

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file.

I don't know how to do that...or if it means something is configured wrong, or what?!?!

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks

A:New Board, Processor, Won't Run Windows

Boot with your XP cd.
At the welcome screen press R for repair.
Press 1 to choose your installation.
Enter an admin password unless you're using xp home, then leave blank and just press enter.
Type bootcfg /list , you'll see the list of entries in your boot.ini file.
Next, type bootcgf /rebuild.
Pull the cd out, type exit and reboot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55803/new-board-processor-wont-run-windows/
Relevancy 62.78%

About a week ago I clicked a link from Google to an unfamiliar website and immediately started getting the Windows Command Processor popup It was asking for permission to make changes to my computer and was pretending to be from Microsoft but of course I suspected it was a scam so I clicked no This resulted in an error message that said the application failed to initialize I clicked ok and then the permission box would pop again resulting in an endless cycle All the while I was getting notifications from Security Essentials that a threat had been detected and it was removing it But the popups never stopped so I had no choice but to shut down Upon rebooting the popups were gone and I got the same notification from Security Essentials briefly and then that stopped as well Everything seemed to be fine at this point I ran a full scan with Security Essentials as well as Malware Bytes and neither detected anything I also did a system restore Processor Windows Command It's been a week now and everything seems fine no slowdown or strange behavior However I'm still cautious and haven't logged into any accounts with my credentials attached to it So I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this virus and if there are any traces of it I could check for or any other particular scans I should do I just want some peace of mind

A:Windows Command Processor

Sorry but I realized there is a better forum for this topic. Could an admin please move this to "Am I infected? What do I do?" as it would probably be more appropriate and have a higher chance of response in that forum.

Mod Edit:  Moved to Am I Infected forum - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556467/windows-command-processor/
Relevancy 62.78%

I plan to upgrade to Windows Vista hopefully soon. How do i know if my processor is 32 or 64 bit? I have Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Gz on each of my Dells.I do already know how to find out of the OS is 32 or 64 bit version (right now i am runing Windows Xp home).I want to upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit.Both of my Computers have a max capacity of 4Gb of RAM. I have 2Gb in stalled on each right now.I want to be able to utlize all of my RAM when i upgrade, i do know that the 32 bit OS will only recongize 3 or 3.5Gb.

A:Processor for windows vista

Go to CPU IDDownload their program (You have to scroll down some until you get to a table.Run as administratorIt will not directly tell you, but from the picture you can figure it out

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226902/processor-for-windows-vista/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have been getting alerts from Winpatrol about a new file wanting to run at startup I initially didn't recognize it as suspicious but there's a startup program in the list called Windows Command Processor If I do click ok and let the program run a black box pops up briefly on the screen-the command prompt box-then goes away I ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing I tried to run Eset but got the 'cannot update virus signature' error I know Windows Possible Processor Command Windows Command Processor is a normal part of a computer so how do I tell what's what Startup programs I noticed C WINDOWS SYSTEM CMD EXE-there are two of these The location of the suspicious one is C WINDOWS SYSWOW The two that look alike are from April that are from before any of this and Possible Windows Command Processor then the recent one from July th My computer isn't behaving erratically or anything aside from the internet running slow although that's not uncommon thanks to Comcast being erratic Still I'm suspicious because it pops up every time I start up now How can I figure out if it needs removing or not I'm running a Dell Inspiron laptop that's about years old with Windows and I just added the anniversary update a few days ago You know I'm not recalling this popup thing before the update I also did a iOS jailbreak though Pangu denies the hack connection rumors and my phone and accounts seem ok Plus that was days after the process's date Anyway I'll be glad if you can help me figure it out one way or another

A:Possible Windows Command Processor

Also the request that comes up is Service Control Manager Configuration Tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624743/possible-windows-command-processor/
Relevancy 62.78%

I ve just installed a AMD XP E into a previously working unit The comp was built around FSB ability but I didn t have a processor to exercise the FSB It was running an XP at FSB The mobo is an MSI K N Delta rated at FSB My ram is FSB rated I previously tried an XP to get load Processor FSB Windows New 400 Won't it to FSB It wouldn t change the monitor light from yellow to green so no video When I tried the XP E I got the same New Processor 400 FSB Won't load Windows trouble I then thought I would reinstall the XP New Processor 400 FSB Won't load Windows and go into bios and preset it for FSB and then make the switch to the XP This New Processor 400 FSB Won't load Windows got things going I has a monitor and the initial loading screen showing FSB at and and it recognized all the drives and was moving to windows when I got the black screen indicating that windows was shut down improperly and asking me to pick safe mode last known normal etc I ve tried them all and it just continues to loop in a reboot type of fashion I ve tried to slow the FSB to and both settings give me a black screen and nothing else after it recognize the drives I ve tried auto and manual in system performance in bios no help I ve toyed with disabled and settings in AGP and FSB spread spectrums no help My agp is X and set that way I run XP Pro Any help would be greatly appreciated robo nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Os Windows Hi thanks for taking the time to read my post The problem i m having is with a window that keeps popping Windows Command Processor up wanting me to click yes to run it windows command processor Windows Command Processor is requesting your permission c windows syswow cmd exe local temp xiorjry admin c users bjs appdata local temp xiorjry admin Windows Command Processor When it first popped up last night I clicked no but it kept coming back meaning i couldn t click anything else so I just powered down the computer from the power button When I powered back on the window popped back up again but this time when I clicked no and the window moved to task bar flashing This at least allowed me to try to get rid of it I first ran avira no infections found I then tried mbam and spy bot s d but they would not open probably due to the virus I downloaded fresh copies of both and eventually got them running in safe mode with networking i think cant remember i even tried mbam Chameleon still no infections found by either I tried going to c users bjs appdata local temp xiorjry I couldn t see appdata but did see a strange looking icon which was created around the same time i noticed the infection When I deleted this the box came up again to allow permission to the rogue program At this point i had to power down the computer again I googled around and tried a suggested program called roguekiller but am not sure what to do with the scan results I apologize for the long winded post but just wanted to get as much detail as possibe NB I just have noticed that the flashing icon in the task bar has gone strangely Actually ignore that i restarted comp and it is back again Also I forgot to mention that I tried to do a system restore but they are all gone apart from when a new one was made when s d removed SweetIM post infection Please take a look at this screen capture of security task manager I don t like the look of the first and third one http www imagebam com image adf a Update I managed to find the virus files or exe s after unhiding all files and folders I ran both exe s through virustotal s online scanner and got a detection rate I thought I would use some of the av s that detected them to get rid of the virus once and for all So I downloaded trend micro-house call and mcafee security scanner to no avail no infections found go figure I have tried to download quickheal also as that also found a virus on virustotal but it wont let me download something to do with this message Either Temp folder doesn t exist or it is not having necessary permission Here are the Roguekiller results RogueKiller V Jan by TigzyOperating System Windows bits versionStarted in Normal modeUser User Admin rights Mode Scan -- Date Bad processes SVCHOST svchost exe -- C Windows SysWOW svchost exe - gt KILLED TermProc SVCHOST svchost exe -- C Windows SysWOW svchost exe - gt KILLED TermProc Registry Entries RUN SUSP PATH HKUS S- - - - - - - Run GdqWhpau C Users BJS AppData Local xwykwmqh gdqwhpau exe - gt FOUND RUN SUSP PATH HKLM Wow Node RunOnce InnoSetupRegFile quot C Windows is- OLEE exe quot REG REGSVRMODE - gt FOUND RUN ROGUE ST HKLM Wow Node RunOnce C Users BJS Downloads security mbam-chameleon exe r p - gt FOUND TASK SUSP PATH HPSA Upgrade C ProgramData Hewlett-Packard HPSAUpgrade HpSAUpgrade exe - gt FOUND HJ DESK HKLM NewStartPanel a - f - a - c - fe b ee - gt FOUND HJ DESK HKLM NewStartPanel D FE - AEA- -A D - B D - gt FOUND Particular Files Folders Driver NOT LOADED HOSTS File -- C Windows system drivers etc hosts www guard com guard com i com www k com k com www hq com hq com com www com com www scan com scan com gratisproben com www gratisproben com namen com www namen com cs com www cs com www sexlinks com sexlinks com MBR Check PhysicalDrive TOSHIBA MK GSY --- User --- MBR eb f d c cd a ed e c BSP f a b ee a db e a caf e a Windows Vista MBR CodePartition table - ACTIVE NTFS x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size Mo - XXXXXX NTFS x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size Mo... Read more

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I'll be addressing you by your username, if you'd like me to address you by something else, please let me know!I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)

Because of this, you must reply within 3 days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed! I like chocolate chip cookies.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system or even taking your computer into a repair shop.

Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data and have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________OTL Custom ScanWe need to run an OTL Custom ScanPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorMirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox.
msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
CreateRestorePoint
"%WinDir%\$NtUninstallKB*$." /30
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ComObjects\*.* /s
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\*. /rp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
%systemdrive%\$Recycle.Bin|@;true;true;true /fp
/md5start
volsnap.sys
atapi.sys
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
svchost.exe
tdx.sys
afd.sys
netbt.sys
services.exe
/md5stop
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID&... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482453/windows-command-processor/
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm not sure what's normal temp's for the processor I have but the idle temp's are 43C to 44C under load it runs at 60C to 62C does anyone know if this is normal or does this sound alittle hot thanks for any help you can give me.
Here's the system temp's as of now

CPU 45C
MB 36C
Hd 33C

A:I think my processor maybe running hot Windows 7

Those do seem a little high. I would suggest you checking your CPU cooler and make sure it is properly attached and the fans are turning and are not clogged with dust. If necessary, I would remove the cooler, remove all thermal paste and apply new good quality paste. Those temps should be lower in a case with good airflow and I would not run the CPU real hard until you get to the bottom of it. If you decide to reapply the thermal paste, I use high purity alcolol and a coffee filter. If you need help applying new paste, maybe this will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190894-i-think-my-processor-maybe-running-hot-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i show the windows command processor in my start up. is it necessary, should it be deleted in start up?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66699-what-windows-command-processor-should-i-get-rid.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I was wondering if I could install 64 bit windows 7 on a 32 bit processor if it is 64 bit capable? And if so, how, because when I try to run setup.exe, it gives me an error.

A:64 bit windows on 32 bit processor(64 bit capable)

Hiyya abhi I don't think so my friend I did find this for you.

32-bit and 64-bit Windows&#58; frequently asked questions

So I guess you are saying you have a 32bit machine and a 64bit OS disk?

Just out of curiosity what is the processor you have in the machine thing is if it does a have a 64bit instruction et I think it depends on the board as well.

If you want to find out go to Sart All programs > Accessories > System tools > System info or you can run Speccy if you have the machine running now.
Speccy - Download < download the piriform one and watch fo any addons like AVG bar I don't think it has that but if so untick it those ads are a pain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255686-64-bit-windows-32-bit-processor-64-bit-capable.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Is Windows command processor a part of windows?(OS XP) I want to be sure before I allow my firewall to let it through.
thanks, ms_khw

A:windows command processor

IMO, The Command Prompt should not be allowed to access the Net! Disallow access. In my opinion…

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-command-processor.275202/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi i have recently had severe issues with malware that has infected my PC.

at first it disconnected my internet by uninstalling my network driver and many other things, after restoring then UNDOing my restoring it somehow restored my driver so i can access the internet, it has disabled my Mcafee, and a window keeps popping up called "Windows Command Processor"

Ive read many threads now with people who have had the same issues, ive tryed Rkill, Malwarebytez anti-virus, Spybot search and destroy, CCleaner, etc, nothing seems to get rid of it. Ive also tryed to detect the raw process using Hijackthis and it doesnt seem to detect it.

can someone help me get this off as its a major problem, would be really appreciative thanks people

A:Windows Command Processor - HELP

Hello MagiX110 and welcome,

HijackThis is not the preferred scanning tool and hasn't been for several years now for the very reason you just experienced. : )

Today's infections require a comprehensive set of logs to identify and begin the removal of malware. Please follow the instructions in our sticky topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-command-processor-help-666841.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I recently noticed that when running windows 7 RC on my pc, the CPUID hardware monitor lists 65?C temp on my Athlon 64 X2 5000+ brisbane processor. I is not overclocked and has a default cooler. When I am running windows vista the temp is at 34?C to 45?C. Is the temp on windows 7 RC ok? It is not false reading because I touched the heasink and is very hot when running windows 7, also the computer case is hot in the part that is right under the processor.

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 RC bug, AMD processor very hot

Have you installed all of the drivers for your motherboard? AMD has (if I recall correctly) a utility named something like "Quiet and Cool" that helps to regulate the temperatures.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-rc-bug-amd-processor-very-hot-400476.html
Relevancy 62.78%

The desktop works fine with Windows 8.1.  I installed windows 10 and allowed automatic updates. One later update caused the processor to crash and had to be replaced. Hp service replaced motherboaed/propcessor three times with same result. If I want Windows 10 with all upgrades, should I change the processor and what would it cost me?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Windows-10-causes-processor-burnout/td-p/5750421
Relevancy 62.78%

My processor is AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0Ghz.When I am running windows 7 my processor is working at 20%-30% when I am doing nothing.My processor is he working on empty or what.

Here i my configuration for each case:

AMD Athlon II X2 250
AMD 760G
4GB DDR2-800
Radeon HD 4730 512MB GDDR5
500GB SATAII 7200rpm 16MB
DVD?R/RW 20x SATAII
Ethernet, Audio
3.5" Card reader 15-in-1
CoolerMaster MidiTower 420W
Windows 7 Ultimate

look at this in task manager look at CPU For all Processes and look on the other side
how much is my processor working 29% (it should be about 6%) sometimes is higher.

If my processor is working on empty,is it possible to break?
Is this because of my operating system?
Is there any Solution

A:I am using windows 7 Ultimate and my processor (CPU) is

This is normal for Win & 64bit and 4 gig of memory BUT
after looking at many of the things you have running in the background this can be reduced by shutting down dome of the services that don't need to be on after a clean boot.

Man do you have extra baggage that you don't need running.
I'm not talking Win7 stuff but the other stuff.
Google Chrome, Microsoft messenger, PowerISO,Nero Home just to name a few.
You don't need that stuff running all the time inthe background.
I only have 2 gig and running 32bit Win7 Ultimate and here are the few things I have that are not for Win7 OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54262-i-am-using-windows-7-ultimate-my-processor-cpu.html
Relevancy 62.78%

QUESTION:
I have quad core processor. How to shut down cores for slower speed? Certain games need slower speed.

INFO:
System Shock game has been optimized for Windows 7. Yeeahw! It is called System Shock Portable and it is FREE to use. Try that game. Awesome music and graphics. Also that game is really scary.

A:Windows 7 and processor Cores

Quote: Originally Posted by WI7JP

QUESTION:
I have quad core processor. How to shut down cores for slower speed? Certain games need slower speed.

INFO:
System Shock game has been optimized for Windows 7. Yeeahw! It is called System Shock Portable and it is FREE to use. Try that game. Awesome music and graphics. Also that game is really scary.

Most games use only 1 core because they are not multithreaded!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/255781-windows-7-processor-cores.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I download the and burned the iso image when the consumer preview became available.

I was getting an error from the action center that said wcpotherfailure3.

This morning I decided to download and burn the iso again to see if it was something with the previous image.

After the install with the new image in the startup section of task manager I something called windows command processor running. This was never running in the previous installations I've done.

Is this supposed to be running?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by Cyber Kong

I download the and burned the iso image when the consumer preview became available.

I was getting an error from the action center that said wcpotherfailure3.

This morning I decided to download and burn the iso again to see if it was something with the previous image.

After the install with the new image in the startup section of task manager I something called windows command processor running. This was never running in the previous installations I've done.

Is this supposed to be running?

Thanks in advance

The 'Windows Command Processor' process belongs to command prompt, which is not usually running unless you or an application that runs in that environment have opened it. If you can post a screenshot of your running processes from Task Manager, it may help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5977-windows-command-processor.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i would like to clean up my pc windows xp against virus and infection;it cause low speed processor

A:speed processor windows xp

Welcome to TSG....

We can start with a HijackThis log and a special tech for this will help you after the log is posted they have a little gold shield to the right of their name.

To download HJTsetup.exe from SpyKiller To Download HijackThis go to the following at the File Repository
Click on the button for Download to the right of HijackThis Self Installer:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5

Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply. DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
A security expert with a gold shield to the right of their name should take a look at your log - please be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-processor-windows-xp.560655/
Relevancy 62.78%

When I try to run Windows 10 upgrade the system analyzer says my processor (quad core Q9300) is not compatible with Win 10. Is there a fix?

A:Q 9300 processor and Windows 10

It will tend to lose 2 of the 4 cores, you could try tthis registry edit once you have 10 installed.
[HKEYLOCALMACHINEHARDWAREDESCRIPTIONSystemCentralProcessor2]
"Component Information"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,02,00
"Identifier"="Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7"
"Configuration Data"=hex(9):ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"ProcessorNameString"="Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz"
"VendorIdentifier"="GenuineIntel"
"FeatureSet"=dword:211b3ffe
"~MHz"=dword:000009c4
"Update Revision"=hex:00,00,00,00,0b,07,00,00
"Update Status"=dword:00000000
"Previous Update Revision"=hex:00,00,00,00,03,07,00,00
"Platform Specific Field 1"=dword:00000010
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEYLOCALMACHINEHARDWAREDESCRIPTIONSystemCentralProcessor3]
"Component Information"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,03,00
"Identifier"="Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7"
"Configuration Data"=hex(9):ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"ProcessorNameString"="Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz"
"VendorIdentifier"="GenuineIntel"
"FeatureSet"=dword:211b3ffe
"~MHz"=dword:000009c4
"Update Revision"=hex:00,00,00,00,0b,07,00,00
"Update Status"=dword:00000000
"Previous Update Revision"=hex:00,00,00,00,03,07,00,00
"Platform Specific Field 1"=dword:00000010

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/q-9300-processor-windows-10-4596432/
Relevancy 62.78%

Well, let me begin by saying that I am completely new to this forum as well as I am a new user of Windows 7. My laptop was running a Vista OS but it was acting up horribly, so I decided to simply install Windows 7 and it's working pleasantly again. :)

I am one for typing and creating a mass amount of text documents and such on which was Microsoft Works that came installed on my Vista. I no longer have any Microsoft Works, or Microsoft Office for that matter, so I can't type besides on Notepad and I would rather not. I tried to install Open Office but it wouldn't install for whatever reason and I am stuck again. I am requesting help. xD

A:Text Processor for Windows 7? Help!

Did you carry out a fresh install ie was your disk formatted during the install or did you do an upgrade install and just overwrite your Vista?
Have you got the Microsoft Works install disk or was your system supplied without disks and have a recovery partition on it. If the recovery partition is still there, you could re-install Vista and Works from there and then carry out an upgrade install to Windows Seven.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132174-text-processor-windows-7-help.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Can i run windows with 700mhz processor

A:Can i run windows with 700mhz processor

Quote: Originally Posted by philip95

Can i run windows with 700mhz processor

winxp, and maybe win7 ,it will run,but what it would be good for is another question ,if you want to use it on the internet ,then that would be a different story ,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268111-can-i-run-windows-700mhz-processor.html
Relevancy 62.78%

hey .. i currently hav windows xp pro 32 bit and i have decided to go for windows 7 ... But should i go for 32 or 64 bit windows 7?
i really wanna go for 64 bit since it supports more RAM but the problem is i am running 32 bit processor....
here are some of my system specs ...
128 mb intel graphics card.
2gb ram..
gigabyte 945g motherboard..
i have checked compatibility with windows 7 upgrade advisor and everything seems fine...
if i install 64 bit windows 7 on my 32 bit processor what will be the consequences... plz help...

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi 7 Processor in Windows down slowed everybody I was using windows XP in my notebook HP nc and I changed to windows few days ago There is a very annoying problem when i Processor slowed down in Windows 7 using windows In the first few minutes after i start the windows it runs Processor slowed down in Windows 7 perfectly Processor slowed down in Windows 7 But about minutes later it started to slow down in everything browsing website opening file explorer even turning on the task manager I made few tests to find out what the problem is and finally i can make a conclusion The CPU is over heated after minutes of using the notebook and windows slows down the processor automatically When I am using windows XP no matter how high the temperature of my CPU is its never slow down the processor but now it happens in windows I have tried to change the power setting in control panel system cooling policy but nothing gonna be changed I am so annoying by this problem because i just cannot use my notebook after i started the windows minutes after Could somebody told me the way to stop the automatically cooling policy I am not caring about the over heat problem because my notebook going well even if it is overheated in windows XP Thanks a lot

A:Processor slowed down in Windows 7

Could somebody help me??
The bad thing is that my windows XP recovery CD is damaged.
I am unable to restore my windows XP....

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34382-processor-slowed-down-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Does the atom processor use the X86 instruction set? In other words, can I install standard programs for the x86 version of Windows on a machine with atom processor(s) running Windows 7 Starter? Or does it use a different instruction set and require programs specially compiled for this processor?

And how many features are missing from Windows 7 Starter vs. Home Basic?

A:Windows 7 on Atom processor

Yes the Atom Processor uses the x86 instruction set, and please see here for the differences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449019/windows-7-on-atom-processor/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello The other day I was infected with some spyware what was causing the most of my issues to my understanding was a program called Privacy Protection which appeared to be emulating "Windows Processor" Command a spyware removal tool but was clearly spyware itself It would not allow "Windows Command Processor" other programs to initiate either so "Windows Command Processor" I could not use my actual anti-virus software on it I ended up following some instructions I found online and used rkill com and FixTDSS exe along with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to clean some infections off my computer The Privacy Protection no longer appears to be an issue as I can operate in Normal Mode without any programs being halted that I have noticed However Upon reaching my desktop from restart I receive a prompt asking me to allow deny a program called Microsoft Command Processor which I believe to be malicious after searching around online a bit I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again in Normal mode this time in hopes of it catching the infection but it did not So I would like to know what to do from here on in order to remove it ALSO I just remembered this now as well my Firefox browser seems to open automatically when I start up as well This was not the case before I am not sure if this is an issue or even related but I thought I should mention it in case Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated Thank youI am posted my DDS log below DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by SuperNova at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated B E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k AkamaiC Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exeC Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files x Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW IoctlSvc exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedc Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Fil... Read more

A:"Windows Command Processor"

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/427200 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427200/windows-command-processor/
Relevancy 62.78%

I start the computer,all fine.After loading screen in window system start to load all start up program and others.After this process i can hear a sound like you start the computer, that sound before the POST screen.I have monitorized processor from task manager and CPU usage is goind to 0% when is doing that.
I've checked the processor cooler and the thermal conductive paste, in half of part was like an water mixed with paste and the second half is normal.The cooler is well fixed there.Is doing 4-5 times then will stop and working normal, maybe after some hours to begin doing like that...idk what is going there but must be the processor or something near it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-problem-or-windows.1088401/
Relevancy 62.78%

Can anyone tell me how to open this ?I received it attached to an EmailI am pretty sure it is a Holiday Greeting Card.It appears I need a download to do it, would that be correct ?

Hi Jove,
If its attached to an email it will need to be downloaded.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197845/windows-command-processor/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi.I have Compaq cd 7600 minitower with  Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz . Windows  upgrade says that processor does not support Windows 10. Which processor is compatible. -Kari

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Windows-10-compatible-processor/td-p/5650154
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently bought a new Dell Inspiron 14z laptop with Windows 8. I understand that it came with the Microsoft Word word processor, but I have been unable to access that word processor. How do I do that, along with other applications like Excel?

A:Accessing word processor via windows 8

this site looks like it has some pretty good win 8 info:
http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/tutorial-using-windows-8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-word-processor-via-windows-8.1092727/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey! I have a windows vista business on my laptop.
What keeps happeneing is that Windows command processor keeps popping up and I keep canceling it but it wont go away. I have trend micro titanium maximum security 2012 and its not picking anything up. I have also tried running my computer in safe mode while there I ran rkill, followed by malware bytes Anti malware software that found a Trojan which I deleted, when I rebooted back to normal mode the windows command processor prompt was still there. I also can't go onto any anti virus websites I'm on this site on my iphone! Can someone please help me?

A:Windows command processor virus, help

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453181/windows-command-processor-virus-help/
Relevancy 61.92%

For the past several days now I've been trying to get my computer to work with a fresh install of Windows I've clean installed several times but if I try to boot the computer with more than of Core Windows Processor Freezes when 8.1 1 using than more my i 's cores enabled in the BIOS the computer will completely freeze usually shortly after login Though sometimes I don't even get that far before it freezes I've tried letting it go for as long as an hour and a half with no change and nothing responds when the freeze happens making me have to force the system to power off Strangely enough this does not happen when I have only core of my processor enabled Though this problem never happened in Windows nor in the Ubuntu install Windows 8.1 Freezes when using more than 1 Processor Core that I dual booted with I've installed all drivers for my motherboard my BIOS is at the latest version according to the manufacturer All available Windows Updates have been installed as have the latest display drivers for my video card I've ran chkdsk on my drive which found no errors I'm at my wit's end about this I can't think of what this could be for the life of me Especially not with this only manifesting in Windows and not in either of the other two OSs I was using EDIT Also I apologize in advance if I don't have the right information for anyone to help me in here This is one of my first times posting to a forum like this looking for help so I don't really know what would be helpful to include in this post

A:Windows 8.1 Freezes when using more than 1 Processor Core

Do you have the BIOS tweaked for the other OS's? Do you have the CPU overclocked at all? Your motherboard supports your processor, but I would use the standard BIOS settings first to see if you can get it to run?

Also, I assume you've tried this without the Antivirus running, switching out memory modules placement, etc? All the preliminary troubleshooting techniques. Something else may be causing it, but just manifesting itself during multi-core operations. I didn't check, but if you have a on-board video chipset, removing or disabling the GTX might also be an option. Even though the other OSes run on your current hardware configuration, they may not access the memory (or other stuff) the same as Windows 8.1.

If you do get it to run in a bare-bones or certain memory stick configuration, you can then start putting stuff back. Normally, I would just test and check the logs, but since it locks up, you need to see if you can get to a good physical configuration and start from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55837-windows-8-1-freezes-when-using-more-than-1-processor-core.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys. I can't find a concrete answer anywhere to this question and this forum seems to be the most knowledgeable/helpful.

Right now I have an asus h61-le-CSM motherboard with EFI; it's a little older with a i3 2120 processor. On Friday I'm upgrading to a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H with a i7 processor.

Right now, I have windows 8 installed. I believe I purchased the upgrade version, although the receipt from microsoft in my e-mail has no mention of the word upgrade, it just says Windows 8 Pro. I am going to want to do a clean install with this stuff which I am capable of doing, however I don't know what I need to do to keep Windows. Will I be ok just re-entering my key? Can anyone help me out? Thanks,

-Doug

A:Upgrading motherboard and processor - Windows 8

What sort of Win8 install medium (media) do you have? For future reference, will you be installing under BIOS? UEFI? If you downloaded, then you purchased an upgrade. See this tutorial on Windows 8 Upgrade ISO - Download or Create. Having created an upgrade install disc or upgrade install flash drive using the ISO you can do a clean install. Activation can be accomplished one way or another given your product key.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19094-upgrading-motherboard-processor-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I need help removing this virus from my laptop.

I've been reading some other topics about this and so far the only step I have taken is to download Malwarebytes. I have scanned the laptop 4 times now and each time I get a different number of objects detected, but after deleting and restarting the problem persists with the windows command processor asking to make changes to my computer.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thanks.

A:Windows command processor virus

What AV are you using? Try in safe mode with networking and run a full scan with malwarebytes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/214709-windows-command-processor-virus.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello
mostly i close Command Prompt it gives me this
"Windows Command Processor has stopped working"
and here is its detailes

Code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: cmd.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47919317
Fault Module Name: StackHash_9ee2
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000006fff0110
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9ee2
Additional Information 2: 0ff48a235b2336a170cf8b17b8583537
Additional Information 3: 64b0
Additional Information 4: df0561799b1641f7bc57a374c2ecdde2

how can i solve this ?
please don't suggest to do a clean install i've done that already !

Thanks in advance

A:Windows Command Processor problem

I think some application or codecks cause this problem

go to:

Start>>Search>>eventvwr.msc ,go to Application section and check errors,especially pay attention with messages containers some information about cmd.exe,in these messages should be information whats file cause problem - identify program and unistall this.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/184462-windows-command-processor-problem.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok so 64 cant 64 windows have Solved: plz bit. processor bit 7 help install i have lots of problems here im about ready to take a baseball bat to my tower First off i have windows xp bit on my xps I think my processor is bit its a intel core cpu GHz I Solved: have 64 bit processor cant install windows 7 64 bit. plz help check the system info and its shows i have a bit system i think Solved: have 64 bit processor cant install windows 7 64 bit. plz help X Based PC it shows i have X family model stepping guinineintel I Solved: have 64 bit processor cant install windows 7 64 bit. plz help dont know what that means but i would think it means i have a bit First i did a clean install of windows xp professional reformatted harddrive deleted old partitions During the install of windows during the second part i get a bsod for memory management When i put in the disk for the bit it says i dont have the system to do so message So i figure if i figure out how to install the bit i can go from there I am a computer idiot but cant afford to take it in to a shop right now Plz help ask me questions ill do best to answer Thank you very much Tom nbsp

A:Solved: have 64 bit processor cant install windows 7 64 bit. plz help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-have-64-bit-processor-cant-install-windows-7-64-bit-plz-help.873309/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an issue with a windows command processor virus that wont leave my laptop I have tried malwarebytes in safe mode as it was the only way i could download and it did not work It found the virus and deleted it but when i reboot its jus pops up again any help would be command windows virus. processor help!! Please very much appreciated i will post dds log below windows command processor virus. Please help!! thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Jason at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated EAA A - EE - B - DA- C E SP Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated CBD - DB- AC-AF A- B A SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled B - E- A A-BE - A CE AEFF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uDefault Page URL hxxp toshiba msn com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO FilterBHO Class e cf -d - a- f - f a f - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dll BHO TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in f c -effa- d -b - b b b - C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in TOSHIBAMediaControllerIE dll TB EA- A- B-ADF - D E CC - No File TB BF FA-E B - DB -AF E- D A BFC - No File uRun TOSHIBA Online Product Information C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Online Product Information topi exe uRun msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun Facebook Update quot C Users Jason AppData Local Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exe quot c nocrashserver uRun MrrNmmsw C Users Jason AppData Local eldxcmjg mrrnmmsw exe mRun ToshibaServiceStation quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe quot hide mRun NBAgent quot c Program Files x Nero Nero BackItUp amp Burn Nero BackItUp NBAgent exe quot WinStart mRun TWebCamera quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCamera exe quot autorun mRun PMBVolumeWatcher C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot mRun APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot mRun iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun AVP quot C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program F... Read more

A:windows command processor virus. Please help!!

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454807/windows-command-processor-virus-please-help/