Windows Support Forum

Monitor 'No Video Found' When Main Display

Q: Monitor 'No Video Found' When Main Display

Hello,

I have been using the same set up for just over a year now and yesterday my monitor (which is just a TV with a HDMI port) stopped receiving signal.

I can boot up the pc and get the BIOS, which I can go into and see everything fine, as well as the windows loading icon but when it would normally go to the log in screen I get nothing.

I can however plug in an extra monitor (an actual Samsung monitor) with a VGA cable and it all works fine and on top of that if I connect the TV at the same time it works perfectly fine as a second monitor.

However if I try to turn off the VGA monitor and just use the HDMI TV then I get no video signal again.

No idea how to get my main TV monitor working again. Totally stumped.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Video Card: GeForce GT 620
MOBO: Asus Ranger VII
PSU: Corsair 500w
Monitor: Technika 22" HDMI + Samsung SyncMaster 2032 VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-video-found-when-main-display.215571/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Monitor 'No Video Found' When Main Display

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I am running Windows Professional -bit on a Dell Precision M laptop graphics card is Nvidia Quadro K M I have a -monitor setup one monitor being the laptop LCD and the other two being Dell U h My laptop is on the far right I've had these in extended mode with a Display Port daisy chain setup for about years Due to the massive headache of the DP daisy chain setup not being reliable with these monitors tons of forums on this subject I recently bought an HDMI cable so I could run one U h off of the DP port on my laptop and the other U h off the HDMI port on my laptop When all three monitors are turned on I like my main changing display off main no Windows turned when monitor 7 is display to be the monitor on the far left With the previous daisy chain setup my main display would shift from left to right as my monitors were turned off left to right With this current setup one via DP the other via HDMI my main display will not shift to my middle monitor when the left one is turned off so when I turn my left monitor off I lose my task bar and all icons they don't shift to another monitor Is anyone else using a similar setup where they've had this issue and was there a resolve Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 no changing main display when monitor is turned off

Hi Mike Moren, welcome to the Forum.

As you are using separate inputs to the monitors, one being HDMI & the other the DP1.2 port, you will not get automatic shifting of the main Desktop screen when you turn one of the monitors off, like you were before.

You can use the Windows key/P key to switch between monitors. You are using the extended screen set up at present, so only one screen has the full desktop showing. Using the Windows/P keys you can have all screens as duplicate also if you wish. Try it out & see for yourself.

If you right click on your main desktop & select Screen Resolution there are some options to select from as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401879-windows-7-no-changing-main-display-when-monitor-turned-off.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have an HP Z workstation with two LG EA monitors running Window Pro bit The two monitors always worked fine until a little while ago Now the computer will detect the second monitor and will connect and display as clone or extended desktop but after - seconds it reverts to the main display Even though it says quot Do you want to keep changes quot and counts down from - seconds it switches back to single display after only a few seconds The kicker is that if you unplug the main monitor which is working the second will display correctly and also the dominant display ie the one which will continue working despite another display being plugged in can be changed by selecting that display as the main display I have to quickly switch the main display seconds monitor few after to only reverts main Dual display in display settings to do this while both displays are on in order to do this So to clarify both displays work and can be detected and even used but only for a few seconds before windows automatically selects quot show desktop only on quot when both are plugged in Otherwise either display will work fine if the other display is not plugged in no matter what cables display port or DVI I use I've tried updating graphics drivers resetting the monitors checking refresh rates and resolutions all to no avail Any help would be much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/383161-dual-monitor-reverts-main-display-only-after-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi The main screen of my tablet PC goes black as soon as I plug-in the VGA cable to when VGA secondary display monitor goes black I connect Main a second monitor I guess this is the result of me selecting an incorrect display mode for the monitor The Main display goes black when I connect VGA secondary monitor secondary monitor A Samsung x complains of the video Main display goes black when I connect VGA secondary monitor signal mode and does not display anything other than an error window The dual display mode worked fine before I made that mistake I guess the resolution used for the secondary monitor is now incorrect I would need to reset that value with the secondary monitor disconnected That's what I am looking for Now when the VGA cable is disconnected I get back the screen I have looked at all display controls and the gm controls but I had no luck restoring the secondary monitor settings I have tried booting Windows with the secondary monitor connected I get both the main display and the monitor working in mirror mode when in BIOS mode but I loose both as soon as windows is activated I would need some means to have windows reset the whole display subsystem Does anyone knows how to solve this issue Thanks for any clue Richard PC is Motion LE L dual processor x Secondary monitor is Samsung x

A:Main display goes black when I connect VGA secondary monitor

I assume from your display resolution that you have a Samsung T260 ?

You can get the correct driver for it here;
http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/de..._mdl_name=T260

Quite a few machines require that you switch them over to an external display. How this works ,varies from machine to machine.

You may also need to click on the desktop, "Screen Resolution", and choose "Extend these displays";

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/157595-main-display-goes-black-when-i-connect-vga-secondary-monitor.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I just got a new PC w Vista Home Edition -bit and a NVIDIA GeForce GT w S-Video out The multimedia player that I am using to play video is the free SMPlayer MPlayer since it has all of the required codecs The intention is to play the karaoke on the TV in full screen while working on the main monitor such as updating the playlist in real time and keep the karaoke program running non-stop Using the dual-display mode I could display and drag the video karaoke to the TV However the screen on the TV is just and video the work I main monitor? on play TV on the can't Why blank I could display the video on the TV only by using the quot clone quot mode both monitors display the same thing and set the video output from SMPlayer to quot directx noacel quot However this is causing another issue That is both video and audio being quot dragged down quot so bad whenever I click to open and Why can't I play video on the TV and work on the main monitor? drop-down menu for ex to select diff audio track I can not use the quot directx quot option since it will display the video on the PC monitor only Can one of you please help Thank SB nbsp

A:Why can't I play video on the TV and work on the main monitor?

Hiya and welcome, saobang

I've moved you into your own thread, as its easier to work on one problem at a time

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-cant-i-play-video-on-the-tv-and-work-on-the-main-monitor.629080/
Relevancy 70.09%

My new HP Omen plays the content fine on my laptop screen but when I connect it to a TV using an HDMI cable I get the audio and sub titles on the TV but no video.  tried this both from the Web page and the app.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Netflix main video content does not display on external devi...

Hi @KhunRay, Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What is your precise model of Omen?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? I grasp that you have connected a TV via HDMI and you get the audio and subtitles but no video. Here are links that I hope will help. HP Notebook PCs - Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV (Windows 10, 8)HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound IssuesPlease let me know the outcome. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the ?Thumbs Up? below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Netflix-main-video-content-does-not-display-on-external/td-p/5761110
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello BCists I dualscreen with different screens it made no difference monitor no or OS by is Card. detected Video longer Main to me and still worked well My main monitor ViewSonic in Widescreen VG wm extended into my second Westinghouse in Monitor Right then- After allowing Windows Update to well update After the loading bar screen for the OS the monitor went blank and stated quot No signal- Digital It had put the Westinghouse monitor as my primary Once signed in I right-clicked the desktop and went to 'Personalize' shortcut from Control Panel- gt Personalize and checked the Display Settings I still had multiple monitors but they were unnamed and my ViewSonic wasn now listed as Generic Non-PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce GT So I turned Main monitor is no longer detected by OS or Video Card. it off switched the cables DVI for the ViewSonic and a VGA to DVI adapter for the Westinghouse and restarted The resolution was defaulted to x and will only go Main monitor is no longer detected by OS or Video Card. up to x - Not pretty on a inch'r I found this quite strange so I began my analysis based on my knowledge of computers say Intermediate level Checked Device Manager Monitor had been displayed as Generic Non-PnP Monitor under Monitors subcategory I checked through and looked in my Emergency Systems Installations basically the CD's contents copied onto a external HDD and tried to reinstall my monitor's driver Restarted- the problem persisted I tried to switch and make the ViewSonic my main monitor hit apply but it just flashes the screen and makes no change at all Find the latest drivers for the Viewsonic monitor Downloaded installed and restarted Problem persists Find latest drivers for the GT Went through NVIDIA com and downloaded the latest update of I installed that and restarted once again Problem persists Shut down the computer unplugged and re-inserted the DVI cable for the monitor I left the second slot for the Westinghouse open Restarted and still the same ViewSonic would go blank I shut down again placed the ViewSonic's DVI cable in the nd slot and booted up again Display works but is still considered a Generic Non-PnP Monitor I swaped and used the VGA cable that came with the ViewSonic monitor and used the VGA to DVI adapter plugged in Well that allowed me to have my original resolution but I can no longer dualscreen and the nVidia Control Panel lists the monitor a CRT It has the right driver for the monitor though If all else fails you are stumped- go to BleepingComputers Well here I am Any help is greatly appreciated Slight Specs Custom built rig by me Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate SP -bitVideo Card nVidia Geforce GT mb Superclocked GB Yes I know about the limitation

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220003/main-monitor-is-no-longer-detected-by-os-or-video-card/
Relevancy 60.63%

I would like to use my old ze4300 hp notebook to play movies on my new acer 19" widescreen lcd monitor. I connected the laptop to the lcd monitor using the blue video port. Everything is visible except the movie. I am using cyberlink powerdvd, and I can display the program on the monitor (i.e. the frame with all the functions play pause etc but the box with the video is black-blue with no image) I tried going into the display settings and tweaking the settings (resolution, hardware acceleration) with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120844/cant-display-video-on-monitor/
Relevancy 60.63%

I just moved my desktop pc from home to my apartment and I'm not getting any display on the monitor now. The monitor just blinks on and off when connected and doesn't show anything at all, tried reconnecting numerous times. My computer runs fine; all fans are running, but i noticed that my computer gave off two quick beeps 10ish seconds after booting. so both the computer and the monitor do work individually, is there something else im missing?

A:No video display on monitor

With out any video output how are you determining the computer is working properly? Because you heard a couple beeps and the fans are running? Do you hear the Windows theme when it would normally reach the Desktop screen?

First thing I would do is opent the computer case and make sure that nothing was jarred loose during the move. Such as a video card coming partially out of a socket. Make sure all the power cables to the motherboard are secure (best way is to disconnect then reconnect the plugs). Check to be sure the ram is seated fully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-display-on-monitor.1029743/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an older PIII Tangent computer which will not recognize the monitor It continues to display no signal on the monitor despite any of the steps I ve taken The machine was running Windows SE Monitor and/or display problems video when it last worked Here are the things I have already checked I unconnected everything removed all cards except the video card and turned it on I replaced with new memory and reseated the memory modules after checking each one individually I removed and replaced the CMOS battery with a new one I swapped out the monitor with a known good one I replaced the video card with a brand new one which was also a AGP version compatible with w SE I even replaced the video card with an older PCI card using the PCI only slot I usually don t have any problems with determining the problem and replacing the hardware but this time however I am stumped The only thing I can figure is the PCI AGP slot on the motherboard itself is bad I obviously cannot get Monitor and/or video display problems into the bios or Monitor and/or video display problems OS to see the settings to determine if that may be the problem Hopefully you will be able to help me solve this problem Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all I hope someone can help me with a hair-pulling problem I am having with my -month old PC I have tried every possible solution to no avail I have looked on countless forums as well and tried all the likely solutions but nothing has helped Okay so I recently took my whole comp apart to install aftermarket NB SB and CPU from No video display on monitor card HSF s as well as a couple of Thermaltake Spirit RS s on my x GB sticks of RAM When I put it all back together after installation and turned it on nothing displayed on my monitor except for the Acer popup screen when it is first turned on and a quot no display quot box popup after that followed by the monitor going into standby The computer powers up with everything seeming like it is getting the proper power Fans LEDs etc all are on and I get no beeps from mobo except for when I forgot to plug in the -pin to the video cards RAM doesn t look faulty because I have extra brand new GB sticks that No display on monitor from video card I swapped in and nothing changed Also I tried swapping the video cards in opposite PCIx- slots but nothing happened as well I tried using a No display on monitor from video card VGA cable with DVI adapter on the end instead of the DVI cable I have that runs from the monitor to the card bvut hasn t done anything either Tried using just one video card and switched SLI card to single Also reset BIOS on mobo I have come to the following conclusions-sound logical a Bad psu b I somehow fried both cards seems unlikely though Your helpful responses are greatly appreciated Specs E OCZ GamexStream W x GB Transcend pc Asus P N-E SLI Antec Nine Hundred dual MSI NX GT SLI d nbsp

A:No display on monitor from video card

Does your motherboard come with an on-board VGA? Try connecting the display monitor to that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-on-monitor-from-video-card.98218/
Relevancy 59.77%

My system is a P3 450/512 with a 17'' CRT montior, radeon 7000 64mb, 384mb sdram running at 1024x768.
I am having this problem with weird black lines that fade horizontally away from text, pictures, the mouse pointer ect . it is most visible with black text on white background. It usually occurs when i first turn on the Comp, and goes away after it has been on for awhile. I have re-installed windos and i just got the video card, my old one was a tnt 2 ultra. i have tried changing the refresh rate and it helps somewhat but you can still see the cascading lines that drift off of the text. i have the latest drivers and correct color profiles for the monitor. the only way to make it go away completly is changing resilution back to 800x600 but i would like to run at 1024x768? any thoughts?

A:Monitor/video display problem.

Welcome to TSG!!

It sounds like the wrong driver for the monitor. Did you get a disk with the monitor? Windows is probably using a generic one and did does not likje the higher setting. Check the monitor's makers website for a program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-video-display-problem.127160/
Relevancy 59.77%

Most solutions involve "reflow of video card". I am a computer tech in my town and have never heard of this process. Please explain.

A:No Video either on display or external monitor

Don't do it. A reflow is a very crude fix that will not last even if it seems to work temporarily, It involves blowing heat directly onto the video chip to melt the solder and reestablish lost connections. Real tech shops do a "reball" which properly applies the video chip back to the motherboard. We don't really hear about "reflows" any more. That was about a specific model series almost 10 years ago and I am not aware of your model having similar issues. If the video is dead, then your best bet is a new motherboard. You can also find shops that have a presence on eBay that have professional equipment needed to rework a motherboard at the chip level and their services are about $60-100 to rebuild your motherboard. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/No-Video-either-on-display-or-external-monitor/td-p/5798066
Relevancy 59.34%

Running multiple monitors:

Display 1: ATI ALL-In-Wonder Radeon
Display 2: ATI Xpert 128 (also tried Diamond Monster Fusion)

The ATI TV display won't work with the multiple monitor enabled. I get sound, but only a little strip of video, and it is frozen, sort of a green and purple display. This worked fine under Win98 (and ME).

All drivers have been updated. I tried changing color depth (per ATI support). Didn't help. If I shut off the second monitor and turn TV back on, it works.

Anybody have a similar configuration?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-multi-monitor-tv-display-ati-video.57805/
Relevancy 59.34%

I searched the forums but display video static/distortion Monitor I didn t see anything that seemed to match the problem I m having For the last maybe six weeks I have been having visual distortion problems on my computer whenever I do the following Use DS Max Use Google Sketchup Watch any video file from the hard drive Monitor video display static/distortion View slideshows on my computer Here are some examples of what I am seeing My computer otherwise works normally but while watching a video or trying to use a D program this happens It happens on both my CRT and LCD monitors I have checked and double-checked the cords and I ve had this video card for years yet this problem just started happening The only thing I can say might be the cause is the installation of DS Max which I did in early June yet uninstalling the software did not eliminate the problem If you ve seen anything like this and can offer any information or advice I d be very open to it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Monitor video display static/distortion

Bumping to see if anyone might have any answers...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-video-display-static-distortion.933203/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a website that has different colors displayed and has some pictures as well When I look at this website on a friend s computer the website looks fine - all the colors and pictures display as expected But on my computer monitor Windows XP Dell Dimension Dell crt monitor when I look at the website the pictures do not show and some of the text colors are not what they shoud be ex black instead of purple In MIcrosoft Word when trying to set the page background color the color template comes up fine and show different colors to choose from but when I pick a color the page background monitor/video/display issues color color stays white I m not sure if this is a monitor driver issue or an issue with my video adapter or something else When I check the monitor type in windows display properties it shows default monitor as the monitor type The color quality setting is at Highest bit Any help or suggestions are appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-video-display-color-issues.729996/
Relevancy 59.34%

Is there a way to get the real-time output from a video camera onto a computer monitor without having to use a computer in between?

To be clear, all that will be present will be a video camera, a computer monitor, the necessary connecting cords

AND

whatever adapter box/device to adapt the video camera signal to a computer monitor.

Relevancy 59.34%

A guy I work with gave me this video display monitor made by Digital. It is a VT420. The port connection on the rear is a 25 pin configuration labled
COMM 1

Is this thing cable of of being connected to modern PC ?

A:unknown type video display monitor

From what I just read on a used equipment site this is not even a Color Terminal

You can't be that desperate...can you? Come by my house and I'll give you a newer color monitor if you are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-type-video-display-monitor.332425/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all First post here at bleepingcomputer My buddy said there were some knowledgeable people on board over here Thanks in advance I got an HP media center TV PC back in august It came with a Hauppauge PVR PCI tv tuner card I ve had problems on and off with the ehrecvr service when trying to use the tuner to watch A Game Console/tv Using Monitor As Display For Video tv on the computer - in fact I ve never been able to get it to work despite being paid hr to do computer tech support Long chats with the people at microsoft hp Using Monitor As A Display For Video Game Console/tv hauppauge etc sent me in fruitless circles Anybody know of any way to simply use a computer monitor as a display for my video game consoles namely my old dreamcast I need to be able to use AV composite cables for this There has got to be a simple way to use my nice flat panel display to play video games and watch tv by channeling the signal from tuner card to monitor Spencer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76479/using-monitor-as-a-display-for-video-game-consoletv/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

I have a gateway laptop that I run lid closed with a 22" Gateway wide screen monitor. I installed the klmcodec340 pack on it a while back to be able to watch avi's and what not. However the widescreen monitor still won't display video but when I open the lid on the laptop, that screen will display the video while the monitor won't even when it is set to duplicate the screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Monitor Won't Display Video, Not codec problem

By "video", do you mean the actual video content inside a media player or display in general as in the desktop background, applications etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-video-not-codec-problem.102916/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am using Windows with Access I have a main form that uses fields from in Display form with subform main a main fields other from form a table that I would call the Master table and this form has several tab pages in it In this form the nd tabbed page uses a subform which displays data from a different table I Display subform in a main form with other fields from main form call it the Job Number table I have linked these two tables with a one to many relationship Display subform in a main form with other fields from main form One of the fields in the Job Number table is named quot Contract Amount quot So each job record in the Job Number table tracks a separate Contract Amount value but it is linked to the Master table through the one to many relationship My goal is to sum all of the the Contract Amount values for each linked Master record and display that amount on my st tab I have created a subform that uses a sumquery which sums the Contract Amounts from the Job Number table I tested the subform and the sum feature against the live data and it does perform correctly I then added that subform into my main form on the first tabbed page along with other fields on the same tab page These other fields come from the Master table In the Data Entry view I can see a box where the subform should display but the data doesn t display What can I do to force the subform to display data along side the other fields from the Master Table Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Took an old Dell XPS 630i with ATI 4850 old card that crapped out on me and replaced it with ATI HD 7750. I am sure i properly seated the card but when i connect it to my monitor all i get is a black screen... When I boot up the machine i can't even see BIOS logo.

Monitor settings itself can change from auto detect, Analog, Digital. Using a DVI to VGA adapter so im on Digital Setting - which should be correct because i see the floating color box...

Card spins, pretty sure 750w PSU works fine, etc ... didn't touch anything else. Also I was reformatting windows 7 on this PC and didn't finish (It finished installing windows but i got to the screen where it told me to enter my Name for PC and i just turned it off) I doubt this has anything to do with it but thought i should mention this.

Thoughts?

Relevancy 58.48%

So both my monitors were working fine and fully functioned untill I updated my video card. It now only displays on one screen, but if i disconnect the working screen and restart it shows is on the other screen and vise-versa. Also when i try going into the Nvidia control panel it just doesnt respond.

Relevancy 58.48%

There s a lot to this story so I ll try to condense video uninstalled card after Monitor won't I display drivers it as Monitor won't display after I uninstalled video card drivers much as I can A few days ago Monitor won't display after I uninstalled video card drivers I was watching Netflix and my monitor suddenly went blank I could still hear the show so I unplugged and replugged the cords until it finally came on This happened about more times that day The next day I turned on my computer and the monitor didn t come on I did the same thing and it finally came on It would go off randomly throughout the day just like before Now we get to today and the same thing happened l except today I couldn t load any of the games I play I tried to launch over watch and it told me my video card wasn t compatible I tried to launch counter strike global offensive and it forced me to have the lowest settings possible So I decided to update my drivers I had been putting this off for some time just because everything seemed fine When the driver update would ask for permission from my computer my monitor would go blank and I would have to unplug and replug like before If I tried to open task manager the monitor would go blank A lot of the times when the monitor would go blank icons would be moved around on my desktop and the programs already open nbsp such as steam and battle net would shrink So anyways I was able to update my drivers and so I tried to open up over watch Again nothing changed and my driver software says I still need to update So I was browsing the Internet and someone had a detailed explanation on how to completely remove all graphic related drivers and reinstall them So I decided to try this I had to restart my computer to complete the first task which was simply uninstall the drivers So I did and now no matter what I do nothing shows up on my monitor Specs AMD FX- eight core processor AMD r fury x gfx cardGigabyte -gaming motherboard Corsair vengeance gb of ramEither a watt or watt psu - rose will I was on the irc chat earlier and the suggestions I had gotten there were to either plug in my older graphics card Ati Radeon and connect my hdmi to dva cord into that or find a dva or the other kind of screw plug to display cord and connect that instead of the hdmi port My monitor has both screw plug ports and an hdmi plug The fury x only has hdmi and display ports

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157620.0.html
Relevancy 58.48%

So, I got a new video card at work to install and nothing will show up when I plug it in. I can go through the computers VGA and it works fine, but when I go to the video card only a black screen. Any help? Can't download drivers either, only black screen upon boot.

A:Display Drivers/Video Card and Monitor Screen

Hi,

Have you tried removing the graphics card and using the on board VGA to boot into windows, you could then install the required drivers.

Then shutdown the PC >> Insert new graphics card and see how that goes??

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150972-display-drivers-video-card-monitor-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an HP ZR22w monitor with three inputs: VGA, DVI, and DisplayPort. I want to hook up a computer to the DisplayPort, but my video card id HDMI out. All the cables are sold as DisplayPort source out to HDmi monitor in. Are these cables reversible?
Can you recommend the right way to hook this up? Is there a cable that exists for this situation? Do I need a combination cable/adapter?
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-port-monitor-with-hdmi-video-card.985114/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm not getting an image on my computer screen. Tried second monitor without success. PC savvy friends have told me it's the video card or the motherboard. I purchased a new graphics card. However, I wouldn't know how to go about installing it without a display. Could it be my motherboard? Any help would be appreciated. Dustin

A:Help! I lost display on my PC monitor! video card or motherboard?

first off dustin, welcome to techspot.

It does sound like a video problem...

Before we can help you out..we need a bit more info.

First off, have you made anymjor changes to you PC? Or have their been any problems before this happend? (flickering screen etc etc)

Replacing a video card is not hard at all, but we need to determine if your PC used an actual video card, or the video output is built into your Motherboard.

If you could tell us you PC make, Model, and some simple hardware specs, including you motherboard, and video card (if you use one)

If you dont know how to get them (specs), dont panic, its not that hard. You should consult this post found here

Post back with your specs, and we can go from there....

Good luck

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-lost-display-on-my-pc-monitor-video-card-or-motherboard.41558/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a setup with 6 monitors. Today my main monitor broke and I couldn't find a way to shut the PC down since I couldn't access the main desktop to get to the Start menu.

Is there a way to change which monitor is the main monitor without having access to the current main monitor?

A:How do I access my main monitor if broken in a multi-monitor setup?

Unplug that monitor and reboot? (power button)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97966-how-do-i-access-my-main-monitor-if-broken-multi-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Recently my computer would not turn back on after shutting it off custom PC I did fix the problem by simply unhooking my Radeon graphics card then plugging it back in So I'm not sure if there was an issue with overheating I cleaned out a not video "crash" (?) would sporadic Recent problems chronic display), (monitor good deal of dust Also I have had issues of general freezing every once in a great while Recent "crash" (monitor would not display), chronic sporadic video problems (?) and videos on YouTube getting stuck on one repeated sound It would play back very slowly as though it were some inspiration for the SFX in the recent Transformers films I wondering what could be causing these issues if it is some sort of malware I have been using SpyBot S amp D but do not currently have active antivirus software used to use malwarebytes when it was free and now I'm considering purchasing it perhaps I scanned the system with HijackThis and here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Recent "crash" (monitor would not display), chronic sporadic video problems (?) processes C Users Jovan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jovan AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe C Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnui exe C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCtrlCntr exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Users Jovan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcUxSys exe C Users Jovan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jovan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jovan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Jovan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search yahoo com type amp fr spigot-yhp-ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO ArcPluginIEBHO - BFE A- - a-B A -C AE E A F - C Program Files x Perfect World Entertainment Arc Plugins ArcPluginIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe O - HKLM Run SDTray C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon C Program Files x C... Read more

A:Recent "crash" (monitor would not display), chronic sporadic video problems (?)

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===HijackThis is not compatible with the 64 bit operating system.You should remove it using the Add/Remove programs applet.From now on you should use the Farbar tool suggested below to report any problems.==Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562812/recent-crash-monitor-would-not-display-chronic-sporadic-video-problems/
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently purchased a Chaintech Geforce FX MB DDR AGP X X video card from newegg com Additional stats Core clock MHz D-SUB DirectX DirectX DVI Max Resolution input/check after display won't Monitor cables) new card install video (no x Hz Memory Clock MHz OpenGL OpenGL TV Monitor won't display (no input/check cables) after new video card install Tuner No TV-Out S-Video Out VIVO No I ve been using an old Geforce MB card don t have the specifics at the moment and it was working fine albeit sub-par for new games namely Guild Wars I m using an ASUS A V Socket A motherboard MHz FSB AGP Pro X if you need any other info or specs let me know and I ll provide what I can Long story short I correctly and safely removed the old card input the new card and nothing happens My monitor says quot no input check cables quot Obviously something is going on with this card I m not sure if the problem is with the card itself or its compatibility with my motherboard I m not a genius when it comes to pc hardware that s why I m here and basically I have two questions If this video card can work with my motherboard what do I need to do to get it to work If this video card cannot work with my motherboard what s the best video card I could buy that would be compatible with what I ve got Also considering the motherboard I DO have if I indeed I need to replace this card again what should I look for so I don t order the wrong thing Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor won't display (no input/check cables) after new video card install

You didn't say whether or not you uninstalled the old graphics card driver and installed a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-no-input-check-cables-after-new-video-card-install.25930/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have the dual monitor thing working and everything. I have my laptop and attached it using HDMI to a HDTV. The problem is that i cant get my desktop to my laptop. The HDMI cable, when plugged into my laptop makes the TV display the desktop automatically. Because of this, when i enable the dual screen, it extends my desktop to my laptop screen, and uses my tv for the main monitor. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Dual Monitor Main Monitor Issue

There's a nice guide here

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/261173-dual-monitor-main-monitor-issue.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello, my laptop monitor recently was cracked and the screen is unreadable. I went out and bought a temporary monitor until I can fix my laptop's. Now the new monitor works in safe mode, but I can't figure out how to get it to run in regular startup. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated .

A:Multiple Monitor/ Cracked main monitor help

You may need to enter the bios and enable the external monitor, or there may be the user option on the keyboard of using a key marked "fn". If you have a "fn" key there will also likely be a key, such as one of the number keys, for example, that will have an icon on it that resembles a monitor screen, maybe two screens. Using that key while holding down the "fn" will switch between monitors in most instances.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multiple-monitor-cracked-main-monitor-help-48749.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Not sure what caused this to happen nbsp I've not rebooted my machine or done so to try and fix this as Taskbar gone display on almost main yet but for some reason the taskbar has minimized as if using quot Auto-hide the taskbar quot feature and won't restore nbsp All of the taskbars on the other monitors are fully visible This happens only if the taskbar is on the top or bottom Taskbar almost gone on main display nbsp If on left or right it will show up nbsp Below Taskbar almost gone on main display is a screenshot of my desktops I pixilated all of the non-relevant portions as I'm still working nbsp This was working for months and perhaps if I reboot perhaps this will fix itself but I was wondering if anyone else had gotten this problem I don't mind someone marking a post as quot Proposed as answer quot but DO NOT mark it as quot Answered quot If I am the OP I will decide if a post actually answers my post or not Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e75c07d8-3d91-46c7-a971-1264f2f98c46/taskbar-almost-gone-on-main-display?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.61%

I search out my comic and pick one of the sites available that I've used many times before. Only now the comic pic does not want to show up only the ads show the rest is blank. This happens on every site that is to show this comic. Except one that shows only "This page cannot be displayed."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/main-picture-does-not-display.1158714/
Relevancy 53.75%

my friend want to buy a new pc , but he dont want to buy a display for it, want to use it with his lcd tv. I havent seen that LCD's pin connections .(ONIDA 26LM100F). It has one DVI ,and one "D-sub" (is that VGA?) a blue female type connector with 15 pins.

my question is can he connect his pc with that lcd ? need any adaptors? what kind of cables? how to check that connectors are working fine without connecting to a pc?

A:Solved: connect LCD TV to PC as main display

There are two types of monitor plug, DVI and D-sub and the lcd tv has it. Definitely you can!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-lcd-tv-to-pc-as-main-display.988233/
Relevancy 53.32%

Sorry if this gets long I want to make sure I explain the problem sufficiently I am trying to hook up my LG LCD HDTV to my husband s Toshiba Satellite via HDMI I right-clicked on the desktop and went into quot Graphics Propreties quot At first I did a desktop clone which worked out great but I wasn t satisfied with the resolution I figured it had something to do with the max resolution available on the notebook since what displayed on the TV was just a clone of the notebook s display I then switched to single display with the HDTV as the display That worked andI was able to up the resolution past what was available before Here is where the problem starts I was switching back and forth display main Problem using Solved: HDTV as with with a few different resolutions and happened to pick one that apparantly Solved: Problem with using HDTV as main display my HDTV does not like as the screen went black and quot Invalid Format quot danced around the screen As soon as I unplugged the TV from the notebook it switched back to the notebook s display Here is my question I need to know how to either fix the resolution issue with the TV without it being plugged into the notebook or I need to know how to reset the graphics settings so that it does not remember that I ever hooked it up to the TV in the first place at which point I can start from scratch and not mess around with the resolution to begin with nbsp

A:Solved: Problem with using HDTV as main display

Hi Skinygrl99, and welcome to TSG.

Found this in the PDF version of the A500 Series User Guide:
Directing the display output when you turn on the computer
Once you have connected an external display device, you can
choose to use the internal display only, the external device only, or
both simultaneously.
Some modes are only available with the appropriate device attached
and turned on.
The quickest way to change the display output settings is to use the
display hot key (Fn + F5):
1 Press Fn and F5 simultaneously.
2 While holding down Fn, press F5 repeatedly until the setting
you want takes effect. Briefly pause each time you press the F5
key to allow time for the display to change.
This hot key cycles through the settings in the following order:
❖ Built-in display only
❖ Built-in display and external monitor simultaneously
❖ External monitor only
❖ TV (or other external video device) only
❖ Built-in display and TV (or other external video device)
simultaneously
❖ Built-in display and external monitor (extended desktop)
❖ Built-in display and TV (extended desktop)
❖ Swap—Switch primary display between internal display
and external monitor when using extended desktop

That should let you get back to using the control panel to select a suitable mode for the exteranl screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-using-hdtv-as-main-display.858702/
Relevancy 53.32%

okay i was having a problem with a usb driver i downloaded for my motorola phone I found that out because every time i disconnected it from my laptop a blue screen would pop up and would restart my computer This happened to me times A while ago i was playing my games perfectly with my main graphics card the Nvidia GT m I was charging my phone then i disconnected the usb then the blue screen popped adapter is My graphics missing!Help! display main again and restarted my laptop I then tried fixing the driver problem and i did The only problem was when i tried playing my games it was running slow and i noticed that it was running on the integrated graphics card Intel R graphics HD card I My main graphics display adapter is missing!Help! went to check under display adapters and noticed that the Dedicated graphics card Nvidia Gt m was not there anymore I tried using system restore but that didnt help at all Please help me I just dont know how to get the adapter back nbsp

A:My main graphics display adapter is missing!Help!

Install the drivers for your video card again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-main-graphics-display-adapter-is-missing-help.1014656/
Relevancy 53.32%

okay i was having a problem with a usb driver i downloaded for my motorola phone I found that out because every time i disconnected it from my laptop a blue screen would pop up and would restart my computer This happened to me times A while ago i was playing my games display missing!Help! My main is adapter graphics perfectly with my main graphics card the Nvidia GT m I was charging my phone then i disconnected the usb then the blue screen popped again and restarted my laptop I then tried fixing the driver problem and i did The only problem was when i tried playing my games it was running slow and i noticed that it was running on the integrated graphics card Intel R My main graphics display adapter is missing!Help! graphics HD card I went to check under display adapters and noticed that the Dedicated graphics card Nvidia Gt m was not there anymore I tried using system restore but that didnt help at all Please help me I just dont know how to get the adapter back nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-main-graphics-display-adapter-is-missing-help.1014657/
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings I'm having a little issue with my Screen Setup and I was wondering if there's a fix to that But lets explain how it all started I recently upgraded from to Photoshop CC after seeing a YouTube Video with someone working on the same Wacom Cintiq HD Touch Metro with Issue Display Apps Main I have using the newly introduced Experimental Touch features of PS CC Turns out it didn't worked THAT well on mine Panning Zooming and Rotation in PS CC is totally screwed like the axis of them being totally off or outside my Screen and thus Main Display Issue with Metro Apps causing my Workspace to vanish off screen which is REALLY annoying Working with the Issue for a Main Display Issue with Metro Apps while I noticed that the issue could be related to me using multiple Monitors unlike the Video which only used one and the Cintiq with the Touch Interface NOT being either the center or rather the Main Monitor of the Setup B m Main Display Issue with Metro Apps - Having the Cintiq not as the Main Monitor causes Photoshop CC to relocate the Rotational Zoom and Move Axis to the Main Monitor and thus cause this agonizing behavior Problem is With the Cintiq now set as the Main Monitor every Metro App I use including the Start Screen opens out of my normal Field of View Question Taking the picture below as an example - Is there a setting that allows me to keep the Cintiq to be the Main Monitor because of Photoshop while having Metro Apps open by default on the Center Monitor I do know that hitting the Windows button in the Task bar will open the Start Screen on the screen it was hit and all Metro Apps opened from there will also open on the now active screen but working like this is kind of cumbersome as I prefer to use a Mouse button or the Keyboard Windows Key with the Windows Key assigned and there it just doesn't work like I want Thanks in Advance

A:Main Display Issue with Metro Apps

I run three displays on my desktop PC. Metro Apps launch on the screen you click the tile on. If you launch them from the Start Screen, they open on the monitor you opened the Start Screen on. If you opened them from a ICON pinned to your taskbar, they open on the monitor you clicked the short cut on. For most people they will open on the monitor that is set as your main screen. If you set your taskbar to show on all monitors and set it to display the program Icons on all displays you can open it on what ever monitor you want by clicking the icon for that app on the monitor you want it to open on.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54616-main-display-issue-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Hannspree M W monitor is bout yr old and a few hours ago while I was using it it just went black I turned it off and then back on and got an image for about - seconds before it went black again I rebooted but again only see an Image for about seconds I am My monitor main died! now using a different monitor and everything is working I tried switching from DVI to VGA on my main monitor but still the My main monitor died! same thing happened it only stays on for seconds I have My main monitor died! just in the last few weeks got to UNI so am on a very tight budget I can use this shitty small monitor for a while but studying Computer Games tech I kinda need a decent monitor it it worth taking it to a PC repair shop sending it back to the manufacturer for repair attempting a self repair over years so does not qualify for yr Euro zone legal Warrenty Or is it not worth it just buy new Doing a quick google I have found some tutorials on what to look for but in the past I have always managed to mess self repairs up Might be bad tutorial might just be me being an ideot gobbybobby nbsp

A:My main monitor died!

if I was to buy a new monitor, I like the look of this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/242578-philip...lcd-23-hdmi-monitor-with-speakers-234el2sb-00

I want a HDMI input as I have a PS3, and the Hannspree did not support the PS3s HD input forcing me to use it in SD. The reviews on Ebuyer and a few other sites are very good and the monitors price is not too bad. Unless anyone can make another suggestion Im gonna order this on monday.

At the end of it, even if I do get the other monitor fixed, I can just use it to duel monitor with, even if there is a slight size difference, or just flog it if, bet I could get 40-50 for it down CEX maybe a bit more on the Ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-main-monitor-died.171197/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello All Yesterday I was surfing the internet not doing much of anything no new updates no new driver or hardware or software installs just a slow day checking the forums Everything seemed normal so I leave the computer to go do something for about Main Please Picture Monitor My No Help, On an hour When I come back and pressed the space bar that is how I wake up my computer the computer fires up but there is no picture on my monitor It is dead So I restart the computer and I can get the BIOS screen on the monitor and I can navigate through the BIOS Please Help, No Picture On My Main Monitor screen and on start up I can see the Windows emblem on the monitor but after that it goes black again So I dig out my old monitor and hook it up and it works perfectly My main screen is a Samsung S D hooked up by HDMI to my motherboard I have no graphics card My old monitor is a inch HP hooked up by DVI-D I uninstalled and reinstalled the Intel Graphics driver I got a different HDMI cable off of my Blu Ray player and tried that I scanned for malware and everything but still no signal on my main monitor I Please Help, No Picture On My Main Monitor need help to figure this out Please Help, No Picture On My Main Monitor Thanks http speccy piriform com results p J nCEVcGlWp sK

A:Please Help, No Picture On My Main Monitor

I just booted in safe mode and I got identical video in both monitors. I am beginning to think that this is NOT an HDMI handshake problem but it is something else. I just don't know what to do at this point.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/64504-please-help-no-picture-my-main-monitor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have no idea why my laptop isn't letting me switch between main monitors. I have an Acer laptop with Vista and an Acer Al1917W lcd monitor connected. When I first set everything up, I couldn't figure out how to make the lcd monitor the main monitor. Well, lucky for me, I did something that made that happen. Well, now I can't figure out how to make the laptop the main screen. I right click, go to personalize, then display settings. That's what anyone would do. But the option to make either monitor the main one isn't available to check off. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? If you need to know any more information, reply back and let me know.

A:help setting the main monitor.

Usually to switch displays on a laptop it's an Fn+F key combo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-setting-the-main-monitor.580444/
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay here's my situation:

I got a SyncMaster 2253BW monitor, which is currently plugged into my PC. I recently acquired a PS3, and am now wanting to plug that into my monitor. That part is easy, as you can just get a DVI to HDMI converter. What I was wondering though, is if there's any way to get a cable, so I don't have to unplug my computer from my monitor. The cable would be any normal DVI cable, but at one end it would split into a HDMI and a DVI.

I hope I'm making sense

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-a-ps3-into-my-main-monitor.748907/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a PC that is running Windows Xp. The video card is running at a resolution of 1928 x 1080 or there abouts. I had it hooked up to a widescreen monitor. Now, I am at a different location and they do not have any monitors of that caliber. I get the error on start up of "Cannot display this video mode". How do I change the display mode before the pc boots up or get the monitor to auto downgrade the resolution?

A:Dell LCD Monitor gives error "Cannot display this video mode" at startup.

Im not 100% sure if this will work but try booting it up in safe mode. Im pretty sure safe mode has a default resolution of 800x600 (or something like that)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-lcd-monitor-gives-error-cannot-display-this-video-mode-at-startup-204330.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I connected my HP Pavilion dv - dx to my TV via the HDMI slot and worked perfectly I disconnected the cable from the notebook when I was done and still got the main main display connecting switch back HDMI after Cannot LCD display to work When I restarted the system the LCD display was gone just a blank screen with a backlight The system is booting correctly I can hear the windows startup sounds and even type my password in and access my account So far I know that The screen hardware is not damaged because after some reboots and taking the battery off for an hour I could get the input back with no Cannot switch back main display after connecting HDMI problem with windows complaining about being unable to boot and suggesting me to run Startup repair but got a black screen again after rebooting again I can connect the HDMI again and get the output on the TV screen but no main display is detected If I toggle between displays with fn f only the external HDMI-TV display works I get no startup screen either That is not even the first screen from where I can access the BIOS But if I connect the HDMI-TV from the beginning I get all that info on the TV I reinstalled the Graphics driver from HP with no change My guess is that somewhat I messed up the default configuration and that the system is only recognizing the external displays as default displays I haven't been able to modify this from the Control Panel - Display Settings menu and I don't know where in the registry this default startup options could be Any help thanks

A:Cannot switch back main display after connecting HDMI

did you uninstall the old drivers before installing the new one's ?
also you may try going to Control Panel\device manager\ display adapter and deleting the drivers from there then
reboot and install the new one's..

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/176473-cannot-switch-back-main-display-after-connecting-hdmi.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I use two screen techniques to expand the screen in Windows, to run the slide in the second screen side, while working at the main screen, the display card plugged into the left side, the main screen is also onboard, I use the Office 2003, after running powerpoint and drag it over the second screen, press f5 to run the slide, it is still running normally, but if on the main screen, when I open any one other program and are actions on that program, then slide on the seconde screen is stopped lpaying slide only when the mouse pointer cursor on the screen slide powerpoint to run again, but this phenomenon will not occur when running video file, ie the sub-screen video is shown, while the main screen side can still open and work on any other application. So is there a way to overcome this problem of powerpoint do not? thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slide-does-not-run-in-the-secondary-display-when-the-main-screen-to-open-another-app.1040176/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Main form with subforms The first subform is in Dataview and the second is in single form view I have a hidden field on the main form called txtscvid with control of Path subform Form SVCID On the nd subform I have Child scvid and Master txtscvid I also have on the st subform the code for quot on won't Main Solved: when 2nd combo on Subform display using form click quot Me Parent Record subform Requery Also both subforms uses the same query This all works fine as I cycle through the Main Form records I can click on each record in subform Solved: 2nd Subform won't display when using combo on Main form and that record is displayed in subform However I also have a combo box on the Main form where I search the for orderid in the subform When I select the desired orderid in the dropdown the subform displayed the desired records but the second subform disappears What am I missing in the coding to make the combo search work correctly for the second subform Note If I open my form and the first record that appears does not have any records for the the subform and I do a search then the subform will never appear But if I cycle to one that does and then close my form and reopen then the combo box works and displays my records with the subform at the bottom nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,

I have created a small JApplet which will change the main window when the button is clicked. But it is not working. Please help me. Here is my code
Code:
public class test extends JApplet implements ActionListener{

JButton button1;

JLabel label1;

JPanel panel1,panel2;

public void init()
{
button1 = new JButton("Click");
button1.addActionListener(this);
label1 = new JLabel("LBALE");
panel1 = (JPanel)getContentPane();
panel1.setLayout(new FlowLayout());
panel1.add(button1);

panel2 = new JPanel();
panel2.setLayout(new FlowLayout());
panel2.add(label1);
}

public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent ae)
{
if(ae.getSource().equals(button1))
{
panel2 = panel1;
}
}

}j

A:Solved: JAVA: Replacing the main window(Display)

solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-java-replacing-the-main-window-display.981786/
Relevancy 52.46%

My PC has two monitors. The primary one is widescreen; the secondary is ...square. I play DVD movies on the primary monitor. That is, I used to.

Lately, movies automatically start up on the secondary screen. I don't know why -- I must have done something wrong.

I need help/advice in how to instruct the computer to open DVD movies on the primary monitor. (It wouldn't hurt to learn what I did to screw it up to begin with.)

A:Can't get DVDs to play on the main monitor

Hi have you tried opening them up on secondary then move to the primary then close it from the primary and then start a new one does it go to the primary?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/363126-cant-get-dvds-play-main-monitor.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Greetings guys and girls!
Yet another dual screen problem.

Setup:
nVidia 9800GT, 196.21 drivers.
W7-64 Ultimate.

Problem:
Trying to hook up the TV to the comp.
After doing so and clicking to identify all connected screens, main screen goes black.
Message of resolution being out of range appears. Same if I try booting with TV connected.

The TV gets signal but wrong resolution.
Only way to get rid of it is disconnecting the TV and rebooting.
Main monitor comes back as normal.

I've tried setting different resolutions in the nVidia tool, but it isn't helping much.
Read somewhere about a similar problem where the added external screen recieves a refresh rate of 85, sounds like it could be something like that. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Problem is really to just make the computer recognize the TV without blanking the main monitor.
Tired of watching series on this old 19"..

Thanks in advance!

A:Main monitor blank when connecting TV.

Seems as if it was what I suspected, wrong setting on the screen.
Managed to change the resolution on the screen and I could begin toying around with the TV.

After some really weird setting back and forth I got it working.
Something tells me though that nVidia's little control panel is somewhat *ucked.
It wouldn't take standard setting for TV until I lost the main monitor and got it back again.

ATi is looking good next time around..
Cheers!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/71578-main-monitor-blank-when-connecting-tv.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys.

I have a problem. Sometimes (randomly) when I move my mouse from my second monitor on to my primary, my mouse pointer gets "broken".
I've added a photo of what the cursor now looks like on the primary monitor. (had to take it with my cell)

The pointer is always standard icon pointer on second monitor. When I move the cursor repeatedly between the monitors the pointer will eventually take another form; a kind of "chopped" up standard pointer.

I have not installed any custom pointers, nor changed to another setting that default. And yes, I have done a virus scan with no results.

Does anyone have a clue what it might be? I have had no luck in recreating the errors, and it appears to occur randomly.

Edit: This occurs with both of my ATI cards, the 5770 and the 5850.

A:Broken cursor on main monitor

No one has seen this before?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103085-broken-cursor-main-monitor.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Basically the problem is, that the Main Menu keeps appearing then disappearing ON ITS OWN. I don't even press a button and it shows up then goes away, then shows up, repeatly, for the longest times it keeps doing this. It gets the worst on weekends.

Anyways it's super annoying and right about now I wanna break my monitor.

I am using a Hp computer, its kinda new or whatever. The monitor itself is a hp pavilion f1703.

its doin it as i'm typing this......

help me

A:Monitor Main Menu Problem

Check and make sure the connections on your mouse and keyboard are secure.

If you are using USB connections for them, try PS2 instead, in fact, if you can borrow a mouse and keyboard from another computer try them, again, preferably not USB connected.

If they are wireless, change the batteries (yes, they do indeed have batteries).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45091/monitor-main-menu-problem/
Relevancy 52.03%

for some reason, the video on my main monitor stopped working.

i have my t.v. set to clone my desktop, and then go to theater mode when ever there is video.

weird thing is, it'll be fine on the t.v., but i see nothing on my monitor.

any ideas?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys just found out this place seems to be a good forum so I try it here Last night I got hold of a quot BenQ GL is work HDMI display plugged Issue: Main doesn't when HM so far so good I have my main display from the DVI port to HDMI port on the screen and my secondary screen is my quot TV which is connected through HDMI port Issue: Main display doesn't work when HDMI is plugged on the graphic card into the HDMI port in my reciever The main scheme for my setup is like - Radeon DVI gt HDMI Main monitor BenQ GL - Radeon HDMI gt HDMI Reciever ONKYO TX-NR - ONKYO TX-NR gt quot TV So to the problem now When the HDMI cable is connected to the graphic card I need to have my TV ON in order for my main monitor the BenQ to work and if I turn off the TV the BenQ is getting black like a standby mode however there is quot no signal quot to the monitor This was never a problem with my other screen I could have the HDMI cable connected to the graphic card the TV off and the reciever OFF without the main monitor went black I hope I expressed myself good enough for you too understand if not please reply Thanks in advance

A:Issue: Main display doesn't work when HDMI is plugged

Noone got a clue?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/34021-issue-main-display-doesnt-work-when-hdmi-plugged.html
Relevancy 52.03%

my computer works fine, but my son was playing around and changed some settings. Now after my computer (dell 4700) boots up the monitor says "CANNOT DISPLAY THIS VIDEO MODE". I have tried going into setup and restoring everything.. how can i fix my monitor setting so that i can operate my computer again?

A:monitor say "cannot display this video mode"

check this out

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-say-cannot-display-this-video-mode-274322.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have my TV connected to HDMI and a small old monitor connected to VGA on a Radeon video card I have Kodi multimedia player set to open full screen when the default user account logs in and it does so a the to main the on open program than monitor rather second Forcing on the main monitor which is my TV I have the smaller older monitor set up so I can still use the computer when someone is watching a movie on the TV I have multi-monitor set to extend the desktop But my problem is when I open a program it wants to default to opening on the main monitor and when I open a program from the Forcing a program to open on the second monitor rather than the main second monitor it opens behind Kodi on the main monitor and I have to click and drag it over to the second monitor - so I would like to switch the old VGA monitor to Forcing a program to open on the second monitor rather than the main be the main monitor and the TV to be the second Is there a way I can force Kodi to open and stay on the second monitor once I make my TV the second monitor

A:Forcing a program to open on the second monitor rather than the main

So I figured out how to make the old computer monitor the "main" display. Then I figured out that Kodi has a setting in the program to tell it to start on monitor #1 or #2. So Kodi is good to go. But if I specifically want a program to open on the TV that is not the main monitor, is there a way to do so?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/14348-forcing-program-open-second-monitor-rather-than-main.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just accidentally changed my settings on my grapics card so that I can no longer see my desktop on the monitor connected to my HTPC. My HTPC has a monitor attached to it and it also has an HDMI out from the graphics card going to an LED TV in another room. I accidentally switched it so that the desktop can only be seen on the other TV in the other room.

All I can see on the monitor is the blank Windows 7 logo (no desktop icons) and I cannot navigate back to my AMD control page to undo this.

I tried rebooting but this does not work.

This is an issue as I don't have a blu tooth keyboard/mouse that I can use in the other room to control the desktop.

How do I reset this>

I am using a AMD HD 6750 graphics card.

A:Have lost view of desktop on main monitor!!!

try hitting alt f7 or alt f? not sure or remove hdmi lead and connect to another hd source in your computer room if you have one...ive had similar problem and i wish i could remember how i fixed i either system restored somehow or removed card and reinstalled it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/199020-have-lost-view-desktop-main-monitor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name FOX-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language Italian for GPU Intel using monitor without main Use GPU Nvidia laptop Regional Setting Italian System Manufacturer Alienware System Model M xR BIOS InsydeH O Version A Use Nvidia GPU for main laptop monitor without using Intel GPU Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB Use Nvidia GPU for main laptop monitor without using Intel GPU used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R HD Graphics Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Monitor generico Plug and Play Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id SEC B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igd umd dll igdumd igd umd igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E - - CF-FD - D B C C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x DCD SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf IntelGfx NTamd iSNBM ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess Stre... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-nvidia-gpu-for-main-laptop-monitor-without-using-intel-gpu.1066538/
Relevancy 52.03%

My 24" desktop monitor (XP-Pro) has a screen res of 1920X1200.
My laptop (Win-7 Home) = 1600X900

When I use my KVM switch to run the laptop on the 24" monitor it runs at 1600X900. I want to run the laptop over the KVM using the 24" 1920X1200.

When I access the screen res properties, naturally I'm looking at the laptop settings since I'm on the KVM. How do I set the laptop to the 1920X1200 res when running over the KVM on the 24"?

Thanks

A:kvm switch and screen resolution of main monitor

The answer is:

1. Using the KVM, switch to the laptop
2. Right-click & select screen resolution and set to "extend display"
3. Select "Show desktop only on 2"

And I thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233620-kvm-switch-screen-resolution-main-monitor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have two monitors. The desktop is always showing on the second monitor. If I have the start screen on the main monitor and click on the desktop on the second monitor, the main monitor switches to desktop. Is there anyway to keep the start screen on the main monitor in this situation?

A:Keeping start screen on main monitor

I don't think so. Your desktop actually spans across both monitors while the Metro screen can only ever be opened full screen on one monitor. As soon as you change the focus to the desktop on any monitor Metro will disappear. It would be nice if it didn't do that with dual displays.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12778-keeping-start-screen-main-monitor.html
Relevancy 51.6%

In a few words,
I have a MSI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Graphic card with the latest driver installed 16.40.2011 in Win 10 Pro 1607, and I've noticed that when I plug the second monitor (a hd ready wide TV screen) into the hdmi slot, the main desktop screen (1280*1024) have the boot logo screen sequence stretched in vertical.

The resolution are set as recommended but indeed these are different. As soon as I remove the TV, everything is getting back to normal. Anyone experienced this behavior ?
Thanks,

A:Wrong resolution on main display at boot in dual screen mode

Yes there are problems with second displays affecting the primary display in many cases.

You may be lucky in the fact that removing the second display restores the primary display to normal - sometimes it remains distorted until rebooting.

No doubt the problems will go in time as the TV hardware improves, and the PC display drivers become more effective for multiple different display formats.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/64104-wrong-resolution-main-display-boot-dual-screen-mode.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a dual monitor setup on my PC Today when I boot it up the main monitor displayed all theboot information and startup stuff however when the system SHOULD have gotten to the user login screen the main montor came up with quot no signal quot The secondary monitor at this time will still show my mouse moving around on it and I m able to move the mouse over to the main monitor but I can t see anything I ve gone through a few basic manuevers to see what was wrong I booted in safe mode and logged in to my mai account and attempted to monitor XP boot Main loses Windows signal after change the other monitor to the main one However Safe Mode does not appear to supoort multi-monitor and I couldn t Main monitor loses signal after Windows XP boot change this After that I attempted to VNC Main monitor loses signal after Windows XP boot into my computer with the notebook I m on now When I came to the login dialogue box the only account I could log into was the invisible quot Administrator quot account My main account as well as a temporary account I created for testing both came up with an error quot Cannot access due to user restrictions quot My theory is that because all of the accounts which are actually visible on the login screen seem to not be working the login is bugging and not outputting anything to my main monitor since I have verified both monitors and connections to be working properly I m stumped as to this problem any help would be greatly appreciated edit Oh and if it makes any difference I was able to see the login screen in Safe Mode edit Also I did not change anything on my computer prior to this happening It was just normally shut down and brought back edit Managed to shut down the computer from the invisible login screen does anyone know the number of times Tab must be pushed to select and account to log into nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I recently acquired a second monitor which I intend to connect as a dual head for my computer. As it was VGA - I bought a VGA to HDMI converter.

When I connect the monitor to my graphics card, it does not switch on at all. The main monitor then flashes on and off continuously.

The monitor connects perfectly to my brothers computer. There is something wrong my computer hardware/software.

Please help!

A:Main screen flashes on and off when connecting second monitor via HDMI

Graphics card: ATI Radeon 5700 HD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/main-screen-flashes-on-and-off-when-connecting-second-monitor-via-hdmi-751441.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been running 2 extra monitors - VGA (737 CDU) and a LCD 12.1

I turned my monitor on this morning and my main was blank but its was on and my LCD was blank. I unplugged both monitors and my main came back on. So i figured out its my LCD 12.1 HDMI thats stealing my main monitor. I have tried everything possible.

Does anyone know why its stealing my main monitor. It should not do this

Os7

GTX 780

A:Totally give up 2nd monitor setup steals main focus

Just an update. If i use my LCD only it works fine but soon as i plug that VGA in, everything switches over to the VGA. But my VGA monitor is blank because it only switches on with my 737 NGX plane in prepart3D flightsim, so when i do configure everything back to my main and i switch off my PC it messes up again.

But its been working months before though

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385925-totally-give-up-2nd-monitor-setup-steals-main-focus.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello! I am using my laptop in desktop mode so i cant use the laptop screen, i have set it up so it showes everything on my monitor exept the Windows startup wich i find really annoying! If you have a solution for this feel free to tell it!

A:Can i change so my laptop shows the windows startup on my main monitor

I don't think there's any solution because the reason it's able to switch at all is it's loading the driver for the GPU during startup. So when you see it switch, that's when the GPU's driver gets loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292273-can-i-change-so-my-laptop-shows-windows-startup-my-main-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Since the last update, I cannot auto hide the task bar on my main monitor.
I am running dual monitors and the secondary monitor hides it perfectly.

Does anyone have any idea why and what can be done to auto hide the task bar again.

It is covering up the bottom lines of everything that I open on the main screen.

A:Build 10547 Can't Auto Hide the Task-Bar On Main Monitor

I have had that on that build too. Going to settings, disable and re-enable fixes it. Kind of a pain.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25900-build-10547-cant-auto-hide-task-bar-main-monitor.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My Dell Insipron 6400 laptop will not support multiple monitors. I think I may not have a key driver installed. Help!!

I have attached two separate images, screen shot of my device manager and display properties and a screen shot of the same image on my mothers PC. (which is also a Dell Inspiron 6400)

On my PC, In my device manager I can not view the display adapters (there must be something installed and I do not have visiblilty?? correct??)

Also, on my display properties I do not even have the option for Multiple monitor support. (these are the same PC's)

I inserted my Drivers and Utilities CD from Dell, but I did not see any driver on there that was applicable to a display adapter.

Am I on the right track???

Thanks

CoachKrav

A:Solved: Display Adapters - Display Properties - DualView - Multiple Monitor Support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-display-adapters-display-properties-dualview-multiple-monitor-support.938052/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello folks I Vista driver related) Problem multiple-monitor and/or (display Display seem to be having multiple problems all at the same time all of which may or may not be related but let me start from the beginning This all started when I tried to connect my Inspiron laptop to our television For some reason my Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related) laptop froze Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related) the image on both my computer and TV had white lines across it and so I turned off my system since it was locked up I restarted and began having display problems - first windows were not opening in the desktop area They would open in the system tray but were quot unreachable quot by the mouse I played with display settings and got the screen to fit but now seem to have primary problems PROBLEM Whenever I play games view pictures or Windows Media Player I see strange quot plaid boxes quot However the desktop is fine and everything else appears to work fine I contacted NVIDIA and I have installed different driver versions as well as the OEM Dell s driver s - all did not work - I still saw the distorted images when playing games viewing pictures and videos I have also completed System Restore s to points prior to when I was having the problem - unfortunately that did not work Here are screenshots of what I am seeing http farm static flickr com fa b jpg http farm static flickr com e a c b jpg http farm static flickr com f b cae b jpg PROBLEM This problem may stem from the original TV incident When I click on Display Settings my computer shows another monitor connected but there isn t one I try disabling it or deleting one of them and it goes right back to the Generic PnP before this happened I could have sworn the Generic non-PnP monitor was the default but if I choose that option everything disappears but the wallpaper and I am unable to do anything Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing http farm static flickr com c cf b jpg http farm static flickr com b b jpg If I go to DISPLAY SETTINGS - ADVANCED - TROUBLESHOOT I am unable to turn off acceleration because the box is faded Also my system info OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A DISPLAY Name NVIDIA GeForce M GT PNP Device ID PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV A amp A BA D amp amp Adapter Type GeForce M GT NVIDIA compatible Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce M GT Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version INF File oem inf Section section Color Planes Not Available Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Memory Address xFD - xFDFFFFFF Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF Memory Address xFA - xFEAFFFFF I O Port x EF - x EF F IRQ Channel IRQ I O Port x B - x BB I O Port x C - x DF Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Driver c windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys MB bytes PM Please help nbsp

A:Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related)

The first set of pictures that you put up look like classics examples of bad video RAM. In a desktop PC I would tell you to swap out the video card with a differnt one to verify that is the issue since in a few cases bad drivers can cause the issue but it's highly unlikely. Professional service by a local non big box computer shop is your best bet at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-display-problem-display-driver-and-or-multiple-monitor-related.908168/
Relevancy 49.02%

All right, here's my problem:

I'm playing Oblivion. I can't watch the cutscenes because there's skips every 2 seconds and the skips last 2 seconds, the main menu is horrendously laggy, but when I get in game, it plays like a charm! I'm having the same cutscene problem in UT3, and those cutscenes are important, so I NEED to get this fixed.

My specs:
Processor: AMD Sempron 3300+, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE3, ~2.0GHz
RAM: 2046 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Sound Card: Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)

What I already tried doing:
-Saved all my stuff to backup, reformatted my computer, and reinstalled the drivers.
Did not work.
-Downgraded from Driver version 185.xx to 94.xx
Did not work.

I'm about to go insane. I don't know what to do to fix this! Does anyone have ideas for me?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Benq FP IE monitor that has on) display second monitor nothing display than and shows light LCD for stays a (but suddenly stopped working LCD monitor display shows for a second and than nothing (but display light stays on) Here s the breakdown -when you turn the monitor on when hooked to a computer it will sometimes show the display for a brief moment ie showed HP booting screen at startup and than stops displaying but the LCD monitor display shows for a second and than nothing (but display light stays on) blue light stays on the unit as if it is receiving a display Other times LCD monitor display shows for a second and than nothing (but display light stays on) it will display nothing at all but the blue light stays on -with the blue light on if you attempt to press any of the menu buttons on the monitor itself again nothing is displayed -I don t believe that it s a refresh rate or driver issue even though I reinstalled the driver and hooked the monitor to PC running in safe mode and still no display even though the blue light stays on -not the VGA cable tried another same result -hooked monitor to PC with the identical monitor working on it same result no display -if you unplug the power cord from the monitor and then plug back in and power back on it will always show the quot Benq - Energy Star Qualified Monitor quot screen as bright as ever but then nothing is display even though blue light stays on -tried monitor on different computers no display on any of them Any idea what might be causing this I apologize for being so long winded but I wanted to include as many details as possible nbsp

A:LCD monitor display shows for a second and than nothing (but display light stays on)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-display-shows-for-a-second-and-than-nothing-but-display-light-stays-on.631877/
Relevancy 49.02%

Tonight I was playing a good old game. I minimized to my desktop while the game was running and pulled open Windows calculator, did some calculator stuff, but then the computer goes into a blue error screen and then restarts. A few moments later, the display on my monitor suddenly turns off as if it were put to sleep. And even if I turn it off cold and restart the computer, nothing appears on the display at all, not even a BIOS logo screen. So weird.

System specs:
AMD E-350 Processor x2 (1.6Ghz)
4GB RAM (upgraded from OEM default 2GB)
500GB Hard Drive
GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 6310
Acer (eMachines)-EL1360G UW12P
bundled with eMachines brand monitor/speakers

A:Monitor display suddenly turns off, can't get the display back

You can try:

- Remove the power cord of monitor and PC for a minute. Not just shut down.
- Clear CMOS if you don't mind reconfiguring the BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370099-monitor-display-suddenly-turns-off-cant-get-display-back.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I recently got a monitor from one of my friends saying that it was broken Its a Dell in LCD I have my main monitor a in Samsung wide screen So i just plugged it into the not my display is stuck dual Computer in monitor will Samsung and monitor mode second Computer is stuck in dual monitor mode and will not display my Samsung monitor DVI slot on my graphics Card When i went into the display config i set up dual monitors just to see if it was working The dell monitor would blink up then quit on me When i was messing with the Display settings I made the Dell Not my Samsung the Default Computer is stuck in dual monitor mode and will not display my Samsung monitor Monitor I Computer is stuck in dual monitor mode and will not display my Samsung monitor unpluged the broken Dell and restarted Now my computer regognizes the Samsung as the second monitor and it just shuts it off and recognizes nothing as the main I managed to get it into safe mode and it recognized the samsung but every time i try go back to Normal Start the screen is blank How can i get it to recognize the Samsung as my main nbsp

A:Computer is stuck in dual monitor mode and will not display my Samsung monitor

You might try reinstalling your cards video drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-is-stuck-in-dual-monitor-mode-and-will-not-display-my-samsung-monitor.122659/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi - I have recently acquired a new work computer with widescreen Dell monitor Dell E WFPc x Monitor A and my older monitor E FPc x Monitor B The graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT I cannot get them both working at the same time on an extended display One is plugged into excuse my slightly less-than-technical language here the main monitor widescreen problems 4:3 Extended monitor? display one with and monitor one port and one has a VGA-DVI adapter When either monitor A or B is plugged into the main port without the other plugged in they work fine When monitor A the widescreen is plugged into the main port and B is plugged in via the adapter A works perfectly and the PC detects monitor B if I set it to extend displays programs open in that screen but I cannot see anything - the screen is completely black When B is plugged into the main port and A is on the adapter B boots up normally until the point where I would usually see my Windows log in when it goes black and I can only see and move the cursor Extended display monitor problems with one widescreen and one 4:3 monitor? I thought it would be a case of adjusting the screen res down so that they weren Extended display monitor problems with one widescreen and one 4:3 monitor? t so drastically different - in fact I m still Extended display monitor problems with one widescreen and one 4:3 monitor? sure that would help but I can t get the smaller monitor B to let me do so and it doesn t seem to make a difference when widescreen monitor A is plugged into the main port with B in the other nbsp

A:Extended display monitor problems with one widescreen and one 4:3 monitor?

That is usually normal. Try dragging a window over to the other monitor and see if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extended-display-monitor-problems-with-one-widescreen-and-one-4-3-monitor.1089052/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a dual monitor setup, where the laptop is hooked to a 2nd monitor (TV) thru an HDMI . I primarily use the 2nd monitor. Can I blank screen the 1st (laptop screen) monitor, yet continue to use the 2nd monitor with the lid open for access to the keyboard?(I noticed with changed settings in Win7 control panel, I can close the lid without cutting off [sleep, hibernate or shut-off] the computer and had to reduce the 2nd monitor display to fit the visible screen. But to use the keyboard one has to open the laptop lid, which kicks in the 1st screen)Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/in-a-dual-monitor-setup-can-the-secondary-monitor-display-be/td-p/5769960
Relevancy 48.16%

the display/monitor uses the generic driver for display and it is 1024?768 or 800x600 but it looks very odd it should be bigger because my screen is bigger. I have a acer monitor but is there something I can download to fix the display size?

A:display/monitor 1024768 display size

first, have you installed the drivers for your video card?
if you have then you should be able to change the resolution to the native for your screen. If it will not let you report back and we can explain how to force it to the proper resolution. Also please follow the link in my signature and fill out your system specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40207-display-monitor-1024-768-display-size.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I ordered and today received a new Gateway DX Window Desktop Computer and a new FHX inch Gateway Monitor I connected the monitor and computer in accordance I used the HDMI cable connection between the computer and the monitor with the included documentation double checked the connections and then turned on the monitor first and then powered up the computer The monitor displays Gateway for a but with display no on no boots new New display Monitor Computer up second or two and then after about seconds it quickly displays no signal before going New Computer boots up but no display on new Monitor with no display completely black Upon turning on the computer it beeps once and then after about a minute I hear a whirring sound as if the hard drive is turning After that the computer is very quiet as I have read in reviews that it should be but the monitor remains black no matter how long I leave the computer on This is the second New Computer boots up but no display on new Monitor with no display Gateway DX I have ordered received in the last two weeks The first one did the same thing and I sent it back and reordered the same model hoping the second one would work I really want to keep this computer rather than send it back a New Computer boots up but no display on new Monitor with no display second time since it is full of features for the price Gateway s support is virtually nonexistent so this is not a reasonable option All I can do is return it for a full refund within days of purchase Can you tell what the problem is likely to be and how I can solve it so that I can keep this computer I ve read in some of the online reviews that opening up the case won t like void the warranty but I have not dared to attempt this nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

First of all; Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this and help me with my minor issue!

I have been running dual screen setup for awhile now and early on I realized that I had to set the monitor on the left to the 'Main Display' so that tiled wide resolution images would span across both monitors.

after a time i realized that this inconvenienced me in several ways.

How might one set the main display to the right hand monitor while having the image for the wallpaper start on the far left corner?

A:Dual Screen - Main Screen on Right, Wallpaper won't display properly

Hi, welcome to the forum. i do not believe you can do that on win 7 i think thats a feature in windows 8 i believe i read it somewhere. someone will correct me if i am wrong

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/370903-dual-screen-main-screen-right-wallpaper-wont-display-properly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I think I have a problem but it's also possible that I don't understand how things are supposed to work Let me start out with a question What is the effect of setting a display as quot Main display quot My expectation is that in a multiple monitor setting the upper most left hand corner of your quot desktop quot should be shown by windows on the display marked as in always display" 8.1 Icons to moving not "main WIndows quot main quot Is that wrong My problem scenario is that I dock and undock my Surface Pro regularly I assume this is a WIndows question and is not specific to the Surface Icons not always moving to "main display" in WIndows 8.1 and my desktop icons are not always going where I expect them to go Sometimes Icons not always moving to "main display" in WIndows 8.1 when I dock my icons are shown on the nd monitor which I have designated as my 'main display' which is what I expect But other times when I dock they are shown on the Surface screen instead which is a pain Sometimes when I undock the icons are shown on the Surface screen and sometimes there are no icons shown at all on the Surface but if I play around with the options to quot extend quot a monitor or a projector even though I don't have one hooked up I can get the icons to appear on the Surface although they are not lined up like I left them and I have to re-arrange them So are my expectations off or is there a bug at play here I worked a bit with tech support but that their solution was to restart the device and make sure I have the most recent updates This did not help It almost seems to me that the o s is sometimes not honoring the quot main display quot or its getting confused Another small case in point is that right now I'm docked and my desktop icons are being shown on the surface although my nd monitor is designated as quot main quot If I go into the settings and make the surface pro the quot main quot display the icons get moved over to the nd monitor So confused Michael

A:Icons not always moving to "main display" in WIndows 8.1

I run 3 monitors on my desktop. My main display is my center 1080P 22" widescreen. I have 2 other 19 " monitors on either side. 19 < 22 > 19
The one shown above marked 3 is the far left side of my desktop and the one marked 2 is the far right side of my desktop. No 1 is my main screen. If the numbers don't match the physical location my mouse will hit a brick wall going from screen to screen. Clicking the identify button will show you what monitor is what number. I don't put any Icons on my desktop so I can't help you there. I do switch from multi to single when I game though. I use a shortcut to switch to "PC Only" when I game. When I do that only the center monitor is on, as its set as the main display. When I'm finished gaming I click my shortcut for "Extend", to go back to multi display. I do this because I don't unplug the monitors from my video card. My short cuts do the equivalent or pressing the Windows key and the P key and selecting PC Only or Extend. I just find it quicker and easier to click the shortcut on my taskbar. I think your issue is your external monitor is set as Main and your unplugging it. The icons getting shuffled is due to the two different screen sizes. Are you doing an Extend (dual displays) or Second Screen Only, just the external monitor?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52331-icons-not-always-moving-main-display-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a very nice Gateway laptop three years old it is a P-Series MG with dual core Centrino mgz CPUs and gigs of RAM and inch screen It was dropped once from a short height and ever since there is a permanent black vertical band near the right hand half monitor for on use Line the of can display? just I monitor, side of the screen Replacing the LCD screen will cost I would like to be able to reduce the amount of the screen that the computer display uses so that I can narrow it enough to avoid the black vertical band which blocks everything Line on monitor, can I use just half of the monitor for display? displayed beneath it My idea is that there may be some way to adjust the display settings to a completely smaller size to use only the screen only partially I d like to be able to just click and drag the desktop to a reduced size filling to the edge of the blacked out band and no farther Do you think there is a way to do this I am using Windows XP nbsp

A:Line on monitor, can I use just half of the monitor for display?

What you can try to do if you dont want to replace the screen now is just hook it up to an external monitor and use it that way until you are ready to replace the screen.If it wont work with another monitor then replacing the screen will take care of the problem.Trying to reduce the settings might work but i dont think its going to be practical enough to be usable to see anything decent.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-on-monitor-can-i-use-just-half-of-the-monitor-for-display.1053728/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have broken my Lenovo Flex 2 screen...Im not sure if actual screen is broken or glass cover(outer layer) is broken but screen touch is stopped working....As picture is clear no problem in viewing I guess outer screen is damaged...I want to know cost for screen of FLEX2

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/main-screen-or-outer-display-screen-damaged/td-p/3472087
Relevancy 46.44%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:

video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyClick to expand...

Recorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks. :'(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly.750241/
Relevancy 46.44%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyRecorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks.

A:Video Error Files Needed To Display Video Are Not Installed Or Not Working Correctly

Hi, have you tried a system restore point before the loss of power?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169364/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to send video output to a Plasma in my family room and also have output to the computer monitor in the adjacent office. I have the option of using either VGA or DVI to either monitor, so I can use a video card that has dual VGA/DVI outputs. Or, I can buy a separate PCI video card. Right now I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 7500.

Am I better off to get a new video card with dual monitor output or have two separate video cards. If the former, what video cards do you recommend? I know I've seen recommendations for the 9600 Pro, which seems to have dropped significantly in price? I'd like to stay with ATI as I've always used that.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hardware: IBM 380Z Type 2635-JGU HD: 20 Gb RAM: 160 Mb
300 MHz Clock
Notebook Computer

Software: MS-XP SP2 Media Player(s): MS-Media Player 10.00.00.3646
Power DVD Player

Media Used: DVD disk and video movie download (Cinemanow.com)

Issue: Video Display has slow update and loses frames on both DVDs and Video Movie downloaded files.

[1] The computer has always had this problem; this is not a new issue.

[2] I have tried adjusting the Display settings provide by XP with no measurable improvement.

[3] Sound is not affected and has good quality.

[4] When MS-Media Player is used and is minimized to the task bar (mini screen presentation) the Video Display quality improves, but is not acceptable.

[5] Only about half of Video Movie can be viewed. Image freezes and play button is enabled. When play is clicked, the Video Movie restarts from the beginning.

Does anyone have a suggestion, I am out of ideas.

A:Video Display has slow update and loses frames on both DVDs and Video Movie downloade

Wow, it just might be the ancient processor you have and the very small amount of Ram you have. Video really eats up resources and I think you dont have the power to run it without problems, The key here is that when you minimize your preview window in Media Player, you have less problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-has-slow-update-and-loses-frames-on-both-dvds-and-video-movie-downloade.382647/
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically i did bunch of dual display setups before but using two video cards or using one video card with two outputs but this is the FIRST TIME im trying with a built in intergrated card and a PCI card.

Heres the issue.

I hooked up the PCI video card and when i plugg both monitors in, the intergrated video card gives a yellow exclamation point in the device manager and nothing shows up on the monitor. Only the PCI video card shows signal..

I tried un-installing both cards, redoing it from ground up, tried disabling and renabling both cards but only one monitor shows up and that is the PCI card.
What do you guys think?

Thanks

A:DUAL DISPLAY SETUP - PCI VIDEO CARD & INTERGRATED VIDEO.. Possible?

Check that the on-board video is enabled in the Bios.

It's possible you can't have both working at the same time, should be able to check this if you know what motherboard it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-display-setup-pci-video-card-intergrated-video-possible.667381/
Relevancy 46.44%

HI Everybody..
My name is shan and iam new to this forum.
i have a issue with my images and video not on the whole computer but the images which is transfered from a mobile. the message what i get is "this is not a valid image file" and "no preview available" with any image editor.
i erased the data on the phone and i have the data only on my hard disk.
i tried to upload but could not upload the files since it give an error as invalid image file or mp3 file.
Please, I need your help in fixing this issue...
let me know how to post those files and guide me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance

A:images and video dosent display(image & video corrupt)

what is the file type? if you right click on the file and click on properties it should pop up a screen and it would should something like this.(check my attachment for a visual aid =D)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/images-and-video-dosent-display-image-video-corrupt.933466/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there What I want to do quot extend my desktop on a second monitor but my second monitor is compounded by HDMI TVs monitor a setup up video and Set card primary monitor in multiple and a VGA LCD stage monitor both used as Duplicate setup in Windows quot How I have done this and it works -I have diplay devices HDMI TVs that are connected using a splitter and two monitors Set up primary monitor in a multiple monitor and video card setup both on VGA -I also have two quot video cards quot GPU one Amd radeon hd with VGA DVI and HDMI ports and Intel HD onboard aprox GB with VGA output port -I have connected the TVs with a HDMI x splitter on amd radeon's HDMI port and one of my VGA monitors this one acts as a STAGE MONITOR for the singer artist lyrics -The integrated Intel HD card has my quot Control quot monitor attached that I use as my primary monitor the one that shows me the Desktop and the lyrics control application Software aspect of the problem In Windows I use my Intel HD video card as my primary display then I can extend on a second monitor the desktop The second monitor is my VGA Stage monitor The Third display that appears in the setup is the HDMI splitter this one is a Duplicate of my stage monitor I use x resolution for my primary display and x for the second monitor I know this resolution is too small for my HDMI TV's Windows recommends me a x fullHD resolution but my STAGE MONITOR does not support that much so I need to use a small resolution PROBLEM EVERY TIME I DO THIS SETTINGS EVERYTHING WORKS SUPERBLY FINE AFTER RESTART OR SHUTDOWN THE PRIMARY MONITOR SWAPS WITH THE EXTENDED AND THE DESKTOP IS SHOWN ON THE TVs AND THE STAGE MONITOR AND THE RESOLUTION OF MY PRIMARY DISPLAY JUMPS TO FULLHD AND IT SAYS quot OUT OF RANGE quot WHY HOW CAN I MAKE MY SETTING PERMANENT NOTE My BIOS setting clearly say Primary video gt Onboard And yes the startup screen and the BIOS screen only shows on my Intel HD primary monitor After Windows Starts things swap each other If I don't connect any display on my AMD Radeon PCI-Express card the screen stays on my primary monitor At some point I have observed that if the display devices are started in a sequence first the primary second the splitter and the stage monitor the settings keep on But after numerous attemps this solution became inefficient because every time I start stop the HDMI splitter array the resolution changes and the displays swap each other Is there any registry tweack that can solve this Software problem Thank you for reading

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/391571-set-up-primary-monitor-multiple-monitor-video-card-setup.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I didn't know if I should have put this in the general discussion page or the video card page but here it is My laptop has been acting up today I would open the lid and it would have strange colors For example blues would be a strange red color But it would automatically fix itself and go back to normal colors I was suspicious but didn't think much of it Later today I walked past it and the monitor was black nothing on it So i pushed the power button and shut it down Than the fun began It would card. the monitor monitor the it or video Is Laptop dilema. intigrated show me the splash screen Dell when you first boot it up like for some it would say ASUS or such depending on the mobo they had installed It to had messed up colors only it did not correct this time than the screen went black I waited a few minutes hoping it would wake up and give me a screen witch it never did I rebooted several more Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card. time trying to get into the bios or anything with a Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card. screen witch also failed The DELL splash screen never failed to come up though After close observation I noticed there was something on the screen it was just really dark and barely readable It said something to the effect of quot Windows has failed to start quot and gave me the option of booting normal or startup repair I eventually shut the lid and got a secondary monitor and tried to use it Apparently shutting the lid disables the primary monitor and lets you use the monitor you plug in And now I have a screen again It worked What do you guys think is it a monitor issue or a video card issue And is it repairable Sadly i don't know much about the laptop other than it is dell has an integrated ati graphics card and is windows vista It is dell inspiron if that helps

A:Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card.

Hi computergeekguy,

Since you are getting 'video' on an 'external display', it appears to be an LCD related issue with the laptop. You may also try to run the LCD BIST (Built in self test) to check the 'LCD display performance' when separated from the 'graphics'. You may find the following steps useful:
- Power off the laptop
- Press and hold down letter <D> on the keyboard
- Power the laptop back on (continue to hold the letter <D>)
- Laptop enters in the 'LCD diagnostic environment' (check the performance)

If your laptop does not enter the diagnostic mode, you may also try to release the 'flea power':
- Power off the laptop
- Unplug the AC Adapter and Battery
- Press and hold down the 'power button' for 10 - 15 seconds
- Plug the 'Adapter cable' back in and launch the 'LCD BIST' again

Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/271013-laptop-monitor-dilema-monitor-intigrated-video-card.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi, recently my laptop wont display any video content on SVideo mode, but only if open with real player formats. Non real player format file works, like windows media player files works.
Before, my laptop does display real player contents, just now.

I need some help plz !

A:video wont display real player video

Preferences - Hardware - Video Compatibility - move the slider to 'Most Reliable'
to disable Optimized Video and Overlays.

Also,see deimos`s post HERE Maybe some use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-wont-display-real-player-video.86814/
Relevancy 45.58%

hey guys,
I thought it would be sweet to run a duel monitor setup on my computer but
when i installed my video card my comp aways runs on the video card monitor,
it doesn't even show the motherboard monitor is there. I was wondering what could i do to fix this.
BTW. the video card is a maddog predator Radeon 9250 pci.
the computer is. compaq presaio s5100nx with 768 ddr and 2.6 mhz running on windows xp home.
Thanks.

A:Motherboard monitor and video card monitor conflect

You may have to change something in the bios, I have done this before but I dont remember what the setting was.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-monitor-and-video-card-monitor-conflect.21645/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am at a complete loss I recently moved and when I got my computer unpacked it wasn t working properly the monitor would come monitor... and blacks out, card video Monitor replaced on for a couple of seconds and then goes to black if you power it of then back on it does the same thing you Monitor blacks out, replaced video card and monitor... can position it just right and still see that XP is running in the background and can move the mouse cursor around So my first thought was that it s the monitor so I hooked my boyfriend s brand new monitor up to it both are lcds exact same thing So naturally I assume it must be the video card so Monitor blacks out, replaced video card and monitor... I replace my year old video card w his new one and tried both monitors same thing happens I am now worried that it may be some sort of virus I don t know if this has anything to do w it but I added my b f s Monitor blacks out, replaced video card and monitor... harddrive to mine to act as a backup storage device I took his hard drive out and put it back in his system and plugged in his monitor and it has the same response but his system worked an hour ago so that s what lead me to my virus theory but I can t find anything online - PLEASE HELP nbsp