Windows Support Forum

Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file

Q: Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file

Please help When turning on the PC it says it cannot find the local profile loading a temp file then it says the local profile is corrupt and goes into like a very basic start up screen - I don t know much about computers - but it looks a lot like when temp Solved: find profile; local file MSG-Cannot loading you load into safe mode but not with the quot larger quot icons I hope that is a good desc I have read thru quite a few of the other forums trying to find a fix but I couldn t find anything I could understand The only thing I can tell you is that lately the computer last week or so it has been sluggish And the day before Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file this happened Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file my mother emailed me a bunch of photos she had taken while here on a trip and had scanned them to email I save them in picassa com google I had been playing around in Picassa the night before this happened and had made a wallpaper with the kids photos Not sure if that means anything but that was the last thing I was doing before this happened Here is my info HP compaq Pavilion n GenuineIntel - CPU MHz MHz CPU speed - MHz front bus speed MB current memory capacity Microsoft Windows XP HE SP E-GeFORCE MX Graphics I think I have security pretty well covered - A-squared Spybot Trend-Micro AVG Ewido Spyware Dr - and a few others I can t think of now I sure do apprecaite anything you can help with - I have had this PC over a year now and I am learning as I err Ya ll have helped a bunch and it is really great being able to go somewhere where your not made to feel so stupid that you actually learn somethings nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file

http://channels.lockergnome.com/it/...cover_a_damaged_windows_xp_user_profile.phtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-msg-cannot-find-local-profile-loading-temp-file.448505/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello!

I recently went into my AMD Control Center to learn what graphics card I had installed (I have a pre-built PC), and I've encountered a problem.

When I go to the information tab, all it tells me is that my GPU is part of the Radeon R7 200 series. I already knew this, but this doesn't tell me which specific GPU I have in that series (I.e. 250, 250X, 260, 260X, etc). This is what I need to know. I've already tried looking using my Device Manager, and same as the CCC, all it tells me is its in the Radeon R7 200 family.

How can I learn what specific GPU I have (screenshot of CCC below)?

EDIT: I've also looked at it using my DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Same problem.

EDIT 2: I'd also prefer to learn this without downloading any 3rd party software, but I will do that if it comes to it.

A:How can I find out what specific GPU I have?

TechPowerUp GPU-Z

Main Features

Supports NVIDIA, ATI and Intel graphics devices
Displays adapter, GPU and display information
Displays overclock, default clocks and 3D clocks (if available)
Includes a GPU load test to verify PCI-Express lane configuration
Validation of results
GPU-Z can create a backup of your graphics card BIOS
No installation required, optional installer is available
Support for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (both 32 and 64 bit versions are supported)
.. and yes, the author of CPU-Z has granted us permission to use a name similar to his product. Thanks Franck.

And then match the specifications (memory bandwidth and stream processing units (aka: shaders)) with the details from this link.
http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r7#

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-out-what-specific-gpu-i-have.208993/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys, I have set up a RAID 0 array using an XFX Revo64 controller card and the Netcell bios setup that cones with it. According to the Netcell bios the array is working but booting into 8.1 I cannot find the drive in explorer and device manager shows the Revo64 as "Generic Mass Storage Controller ".

I am very new to Raid this is the first array I have tried to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Jay

A:Windows 8.1 cannot find RAID array

Why not use the RAID card as more sata ports and then use windows to make your RAID array? I've never used a controller but im sure that it would work for that purpose.
just go on youtube and find a video on how to setup RAID in windows 8. I know its possible for windows 7 to im pretty sure 8.1 will have it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-1-cannot-find-raid-array.208501/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 25.37%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 22.79%

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.
Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

A:Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

Have you tried having your ISP run a line check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-slow-and-pages-not-loading-completely.206046/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there In the last month my current laptop has pretty much died on me I can only Laptop New Find a to Struggling use it for a short period without it switching off due to overheating and the power cable is so loose that if I move much then it loses connection and also goes dead So I m looking to replace it as soon as possible My budget isn t particularly big Struggling to Find a New Laptop around I m from the UK so pounds and I could really do with some help in finding something suitable I only do fairly ordinary sort of things - surfing office stuff watching videos a bit of light gaming some web design and listening to music However due to illness I m currently housebound so my laptop is even more crucial than ever as it keeps me connected to the outside world and provides a huge amount of my entertainment So I really want to get it right One of my main concerns was wanting something that was going to last I hate the thought of having to buy another laptop in a couple of years time so was hoping I could get something that would still be decent and working in well more than years time I d also like it to be quick My current laptop is so slow now so speed is important I m not really concerned about how it looks portability and battery life though As long as it can sit on my lap without being too heavy I m not fussed Oh and not overheat So I ve been doing as much research as I can but for the life of me am unable to find something that fits my criteria and is within my budget Every one I ve looked at either has a load of reviews trashing it or is lacking in some area I m not willing to give way on I ve tried Lenovo s either too expensive or rubbish reviews ASUS same as Lenovo Toshiba s and HP s poor reviews Mac s are out of my league with UK pricing ditto for most Sony s and I ve had an Acer in the past which has put me off them completely Which leaves me with very little Although I fully accept reviews aren t always the best way to judge things Specs I would ideally like Processor i I could be persuaded i would be fine Ram GB Ram Hard Drive GB HD or ideally would prefer SSD but with my budget I know it ll be tough Probably buy one after and install it myself Graphics Integrated graphics is fine I think Screen - inches Resolution x at the least really want x and maybe a touchscreen although not a deal-breaker Also - matte not glossy if possible Not fussed about DVD drive Trying to avoid a fairly flimsy plastic build Battery life isn t that essential as won t be moving it around much Would like it to be cool and not get hot Going back over that I think I may be asking for far too much in regards to my budget but here s hoping The biggest problem is not so much finding models with those specs but doing so within my budget I don t really want to spend over which is I believe but unfortunately the prices in the US don t match up in the UK Everything is far far more expensive and so limits your options massively And as the majority of the websites are offering reviews based on US prices it becomes a bit of a nightmare I ve also started looking at hybrid tablets to see if that would be more suitable for me but I m still as lost with those too The new ASUS TP looked interesting but I can t find it anywhere in the UK I like the idea of a hybrid but not as my main machine and I doubt I could afford a regular laptop AND hybrid I even considered giving up some of my specs and getting a cheaper laptop but combining it with also getting an iPad tablet but can t decide if that would work or is a ridiculous idea Basically I m stumped So I could really do with some help Really any advice or recommendation would be hugely appreciated I m just getting really desperate to find something Thanks a lot - Andy nbsp

A:Struggling to Find a New Laptop

You are not the only one finding such decisions hard. I have a second hand Sony laptop which I repaired and have fitted with an SSD drive. It's really fast compared with a standard laptop but I was horrified by how difficult it was to take the laptop apart even for cleaning. In general, laptop design has been awful and buying something at great expense which then conks out after maybe two years makes buyers wary of purchasing a replacement.

When the next iPad launches around October I will probably be buying one. A computer is useful for plenty of tasks though so owning both seems justifiable. Perhaps you could go for a basic laptop and budget to install an SSD drive. A touch screen laptop will cost silly money but SSD's are not that dear for say 240/250Gb storage. Forget fast processors which are likely to run hot. It would be useful but probably hard to find out how easy it is to disassemble a particular laptop to reach the parts that accumulate dust and dirt. I don't know much about laptops but I have a Dell which seems very sensibly designed.

I repaired my son's Sony laptop over a year ago but in the meantime he bought an iPad. Although the laptop is now working fine he uses the iPad for practically everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/struggling-to-find-a-new-laptop.204777/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 26.66%

So I realize that this is my computer telling me that it is not getting a connection to the internet So here is a basic diagram of my setup ISP---- gt Cable Modem----- gt New Splitter---------- gt Asus wifi router working --------- gt Desktop IP also connected to wifi My ISP is Charter Com via a Cable Modem From there I go into a TRENDnet ethernet switch splitter From there I have cable that goes to my desktop one cable to goes Area Local Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx to the upper floor to the wifi router Asus RT-N U The router is working fine and I am currently connected to it I have replaced the TRENDnet Switch every ethernet cable except to Asus wifi router This is where it gets stupid I can disconnect the TRENDnet switch and plug in my Desktop with the IP and it works I have researched this topic via forums for the past month and a half and now after fresh installing windows would like to try and get some input of what other might think is going on I am out of options I Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx had this setup for quite some time with wired and wifi Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx but just all of a sudden about - months ago after moving my desk and plugging it all in again it stopped working Here is a text format of Ipconfig of my LAC Configuration for interface quot Local Area Connection quot DHCP enabled Yes IP Address xxx xxx Subnet Prefix xx mask InterfaceMetric DNS servers configured through DHCP None Register with which suffix Primary only WINS servers configured through DHCP None As I said I am now running a fresh install of windows with no Bonjour program on it I have released renewed and about other CMD commands that I could think of The internet options for this adapter are set to obtain automatically I have ran about every malware program I can think of So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx

Hmm why the splitter BEFORE the router - - that's not the correct way to add a second router

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
to add a second router:

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
|
+--- new router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-169-254-xxx-xxx.203909/
Relevancy 22.36%

Im going to college next month me Help find laptop a and I want to make my tech setup smaller and am switching Help me find a laptop to a laptop My price range is up to about a little flexible if need be BUILD QUALITY IS IMPORTANT TO ME I wont Help me find a laptop be throwing it around but I will be carrying it in a backpack places I AM CAREFUL with my tech Every laptop ive had in a while has had serious cooling problems so one that is capable of keeping itself at operating temperature even under a highish load youd think that would be mandatory xD I will be using this for schoolwork lowish poly d modeling unity d work including C coding and some gaming For a CPU I am looking for an i or a really nice i id prefer for it to be at least preferably faster obviously as fast in a general sense as my desktops core quad Q GB of ram but that seems pretty commonplace in this price range a p screen A GPU capable of running pretty much any game id want not regarding settings I think the most demanding game I will play for a while is bioshock infinite and id be fine with low med I play mostly older games but I would like to be a little future proof even if at low settings I cant do below FPS As much as it kills me I don t think ill be playing star citizen either or quot doesnt matter as long as its at least things that are super nice but not a neccessity USB I hope its standardish by now backlit keyboard Any questions let me know Its worth noting that im merely considering a laptop so if I cant get anything close to what I want I might just upgrade the desktop and throw it in a smaller case or something ive just got so many gadgets now id like to make my setup smaller ive got a desktop monitors keyboard mouse speakers standing mic on my desk with an xbox under it then ive got my convertible laptop ipod touch PSP and flip cell phone I want to downsize xD nbsp

A:Help me find a laptop

The Lenovo Y50 seems to be your best bet. It has some beastly specs for $1050. The Y40 has a 14 inch screen (even though you don't want one below 15.6") but is a lower price. The graphics card is a bit lower spec but will do and is a bargain at $800 (you aren't going to find many computers with dedicated GPUs at this price point). The problem with these laptops is the weight, size, and battery life. But the cooling is phenomenal.

Do you care about battery life or lightness?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-find-a-laptop.203965/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an ancient eMachines T- Intel P- Ghz single core Prescott I m running XP-SP fully updated with the exception of SP- If I install SP I lose the ability to do a repair install My AV product is AVG Free This thing s Loading Firefox Page with Slow my Slow Page Loading with Firefox go to erotica finder Trust me I don t log in to my bank with it Anyway it seems terribly slow at loading pages with the CPU at or pushing usage I can t load more than one page at a time Slow Page Loading with Firefox or I get a quot problem server reset before page loaded quot type error Once the other page s have loaded a simple reload page command establishes the connection Firkefox Slow Page Loading with Firefox ver is the browser of choice with quot NoScript quot installed I just did a repair install of the OS which is the only way I could get it to reload the internet driver Intel Pro That doesn t seem to have helped My question is I want anybody s best opinion as to whether this level of performance is what I should expect as typical with this rig or is it just plain worn out and I should retire it with full military honors nbsp

A:Slow Page Loading with Firefox

Try disabling no script. That may be eating up all your resources and slowing down the loading of webpages. If that doesnt work, try another browser like Chrome. I would try completely clean installing windows rather than repairing it since just repairing will not clear anything such as viruses off of the PC. Malware could be another culprit and clean installation will allow you to wipe it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-page-loading-with-firefox.202610/
Relevancy 23.22%

My computer recognizes that the hard drive is there as local disk E but wont actually load. I can get it to load on my tv but it wont play my movies. Please help it has a lot of important things on there,

A:External Hard drive not loading

You could try running chkdsk /f in command prompt to check and fix errors on your drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-loading.202166/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello! I live in a college apartment (so no access to router). When I hook up my ethernet cable to my computer, all of my messengers work and are connected but I cannot use internet browsers. I recently reformatted my computer and was using a wireless adaptor, but here the internet is so slow that there's really no point and for a decent connection you need to be plugged into the wall. The wall connection worked fine until I reformatted.

This happened before when I moved to my first college and had to use the ethernet cable. I've done everything from messing around with internet explorer proxy settings and whatnot, but what did work was something I found in a thread. It instructed me to go somewhere and delete a file that was blocking the internet part, I guess? I deleted this setting/file and the ethernet connection worked just fine afterwards. I can't find this thread (probably not on this website) anymore. Does anyone here know possibly what the file was?

A:Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

Check for optional Windows Updates, specifically a network driver. The most common name is Realtek.

And/or try installing this driver. - Software: Drivers & Utilities

If still no go, which computer do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-locating-a-file-to-help-my-ethernet-work-again.200022/
Relevancy 16.77%

I m working one replacing our file server at work The one we currently have was built around and is starting to show its age So I m thinking new server time The server will be for a copy shop that specializes in house plans and construction plans We store lots of large pdf and tiff files Also have a full service sign shop so lots of Illustrator and Photoshop files - may of the raster graphics are New server file FreeNas quite large ft x ft sign dpi takes up a lot of space New FreeNas file server The server will need to connect to - computers at any one time with upto printers amp copiers active on the network at any one time I already have a fairly decent switch with one port having gigabit Ethernet that the file server will be plugged into and there reset of the ports being megabit Ethernet ports of the files we work with are storage on the file server - form house plans to large commercial building plans to customer artwork and designs for both small format printing and large format They are loaded modified saved and printed while on the server I strongly discourage anyone storing files locally as there are no backups on the individual computers only on the file server Both local and through Crashplan Anyways onto the hardware I already have the process from another project that didn t pan out Intel Xeon E - V Ivy Bridge GHz Mobo SUPERMICRO MBD-X SCL-F-O Case Fractal Design Define R PSU Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG- M W ATX Ram Kingston GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR Server Memory Model KVR D E SK G HDD s Seagate NAS HDD ST VN TB x I plan to put the HDD into a Raid-Z which should give me about TB of space I have built several gaming computers and graphic design computers before but never a server I think I have a fairly good built here but would certainly welcome input from someone with more experience in this area than me nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-freenas-file-server.200039/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi Everyone - I occasionally have to share a large file between one person and another for work I was using yousendit which worked site large closed Reliable Yousendit needed... file-sharing fine they have changed to be hightail and they have a blog - at their blog there are many comments circa oct about it now not working and being buggy So I don t want to go with that I am looking for current suggestions of a site for file sharing I am willing to pay a modest fee month like to know it will work well and Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed not junk up anyone s computer with any trashy downloader and is very simple to use - I cannot spend a lot of time teaching people with various levels of web savvy and computer savvy how to make an acct log in work some elaborate quot unique quot interface and so on I would prefer a service where an email goes to the recipient s email address they click on the link and from that easily select an option to download I am not sharing burned CDs or DVDs - I just need to share work-related audio recordings from the person recording to a transcriber When I look at reviews on the web it seems that services change a lot over time so I don t want to go for what had great reviews a year ago Please help with suggestions -Thanks nbsp

A:Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

Look at shutterfly.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reliable-large-file-sharing-site-needed-yousendit-closed.197694/
Relevancy 27.95%

Alright this is really driving me kinda nuts I recently upgraded from a Pentium Dual Core ghz to AMD A - K ghz Quadcore Gigabyte F A M D H GB DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB temp issue A8-5600K monitoring TB HDDs Cooling A8-5600K temp monitoring issue info Aerocool Vs running stock heatsink intake mm fans x facing CPU side x bottom x front facing HDDs and exhaust mm fan at the back And everything s basically fine except the temperature monitoring for the processor A - k in the BIOS it s like C even if System Temperature was C is that even realistic and in Windows bit I can t tell which temp it is using HWInfo HWmonitor Gigabyte s easytune and coretemp In HWinfo it kinda claims the CPU is - degrees Then in Gigabyte s easy tune CPU is C so I traced it and if you look in the picture atleast according to Gigabyte it s Temperature - C but that s kinda unrealistic as it also stays at C even under full load Then finally in HWMonitor there s a Package under AMD A - K that says it s around - C but I m still not sure which one is it What is that quot package quot anyway In fact one time Hwmonitor said C was the max but maybe that was because I was runinng other temp monitors and it conflicted On the rest of the instances in this original post I made sure to run one at a time I ran a Blend Test in Prime and both the TMPIN which is the same value as the - C in Easytune and HWinfo and the A - K Package are changing and maxing at C and C respectively So all in all SpeedFan BIOS HWinfo and ET all display - C or something HWMonitor and Speccy display the - s Which should I trust or what should I use nbsp

A:A8-5600K temp monitoring issue

Trust the package temp, that's the one on those processors you should be watching for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a8-5600k-temp-monitoring-issue.197971/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there
and really thanks
this is usefull tut
I want to find live ip s on my isp provider ?
how can I find all live ip s from my isp ?
I run the tracert www.google .com and find my isp s ip but now how can find out all live ip on my isp ?
please help me ?!!!
thanks again

Moderator note: This post moved from another thread.

A:How can I find all live ips from my isp?

Any ISP worth $0.02 would block your attempt to scan for these ... Virus' use this too and thus this is always suspect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-all-live-ips-from-my-isp.197913/
Relevancy 19.35%

My TB Western Digital External hard disc is not working My laptop switched off suddenly while copying files After restarted my laptop when I try to open my External hard disc drive G I m getting the message as quot Location is not available G is not accessible The drive cannot find the sector requested quot The Properties of the drive shows as Type Local Disk File system Used space bytes Free space bytes when clicking My computer- gt Manage- gt Disk Management under Storage in left find External cannot not drive - "The requested" the is hard working disc sector side I can able to see my External hard disc drive G The "The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working File System shows as quot RAW quot before it was NTFS Free as but I got around TB data Also I checked in different laptops but it shows the same error And finally I checked with quot Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows quot it passed the test I m so afraid about my datas stored in the hard disc All my projects photos and many important files stored in that hard disc I dont know what the problem is I cant find any solutions in Internet Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working

Hey Allen. I would call Western Digital support and see what they say.Since you have data on it you need, I wouldn't play around with it, get some answers from the drive makers, and as is always said, have important data backed up in at least 2 different places, with at least one being to CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-drive-cannot-find-the-sector-requested-external-hard-disc-is-not-working.197220/
Relevancy 14.62%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello,
About one weak ago unfortunately I wiped my internal storage and Iost my everything,
I tried to recover my data using hexamob android application(My device is samsung galaxy tab 8.9)
After two times trying, I recovered almost 32GB of data but almost all of them are in dbf format which I'm not familiar with, so I don't know if it is possible to recover these files to my images, movies, etc
Any helps desperately appreciated

A:Recovering a recovered file which is in dbf format

dbf files are used for Database storage - - you need the application that created them to access the data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-a-recovered-file-which-is-in-dbf-format.196624/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, I plan on OCing my Sapphire HD7850, I know to never allow it go above 80 degrees celcius. What I'm wondering is should I allow it to get to 70 degrees or 75?

Will my card last a lot longer if I only let it reach 70 as opposed to 75? I'd like the card to last a couple of years more at least.

Thanks

A:HD 7850 max temp?

GPUs are generally quite resilient to high temperatures, 80C won't be a problem. My 7970 in a Crossfire sandwich gets above 90C on a hot day and it's been running merrily for about 18 months.

Voltage is also important and will kill the card if you up it too much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-7850-max-temp.195313/
Relevancy 22.36%

One of my Western Digital TB hard drives went south curiously I ve only ever had such problems with WD hard drives - at least of them failed prematurely There were read errors and then soon the MBR partition table effectively vanished so the drive showed without any partitions at all There were about partitions or NTFS and non-standard ones They were all quot basic quot MBR partitions not GPT or whatever So I made a sector-by-sector in to than How other find partitions MBR? copy to a new Seagate TB drive then ran the windows-based app quot Active Partition Recovery quot on the new drive I used the quot SuperScan quot feature and it quot found quot approximately potentially recoverable partitions gah - I should have used the quot QuickScan quot mode instead However it didn t couldn t identify the two non-standard partitions which is understandable But I m hoping I might be able to find those two with a manual search using a hex editor But how I ve read several discussions of the contents of the MBR Partition Table that strongly suggest that the ONLY place the partitions are defined is in the Partition Table of the MBR rather than say at the front of any given partition itself But that CAN T be How to find partitions other than in MBR? correct can it After all the Active Partition Recovery tool found possible partitions -- How to find partitions other than in MBR? without any MBR Partition Table whatsoever -- by examining the data through the full length of the drive Therefore it seems to me that there must be some signature or whatever at the start of the partition itself or else the tool couldn t have found anything at all Am I wrong I have the exact sizes of the two non-standard partitions and I have old cloned copies of those partitions that I can use to obtain the data from the first sector or whatever to provide a hex pattern I can search for on the new hard drive Please check my thinking here I think that if I can perform a hex search to find the first sector of each non-standard partition I can then insert that sector number and the known partition size into the MBR to quot re-create quot them Is that possible How hard would it actually be considering that I d have to try to deal with the whole quot extended logical partition quot business since there were more than total partitions But a critical question remains What do the quot partition signatures quot in the first sector actually look like assuming they exist Thanks enormously to anyone who can help nbsp

A:How to find partitions other than in MBR?

The MBR is not in the partition table(s) but in sector 0 of the HD.

Only RARELY does anyone (or software) play with the partition type numbers as getting it wrong and the P.T. gets creamed.

If you *must* know, see this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-find-partitions-other-than-in-mbr.195927/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an ADSL Sagem ST2504 wireless router and it seems that my neighbour maybe using it.

I currently have it password protected with a TKIP password and i think someone has hacked it and is using it.

Can somebody please help me in how to tell if someone is using it and how i can stop them.

Thanks

A:Can I find out whether or not some other IP address is using my wireless Internet?

You should be able to see which computers are connected to your network from your routers home page... usually 192.168.2.1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-find-out-whether-or-not-some-other-ip-address-is-using-my-wireless-internet.163018/
Relevancy 16.77%

I've got a SanDisk memory stick and I've used it for a couple of years and have had no trouble but recently 2 files (autorun and starter) have come up and I've tried to delete them and it wouldn't work, so I tried to open starter application but nothing happened.

Does anyone know how remove them?

A:Starter application and autorun file won't go away

You can always format the SD

another choice is to disable AUTORUN on you system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starter-application-and-autorun-file-wont-go-away.194684/
Relevancy 26.23%

Have a new Netgear wireless router and can connect to it, but can only get local access only, no internet.
Tried a few things with no luck so far.
The one thing that did work was eliminating the wireless security, but dont want to leave it that way.
Seems like this is a common problem with Vista.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

A:Local Access Only With Wireless Using Windows Vista

Go to the Device Mgr, expand Network Adapters and look for yellow or red flags. It's most likely that the driver is missing or needs to be updated.

If there's any driver at all, then the led lights near the ethernet cable will be on.

Uninstall the existing driver (but do not delete it) and reboot.
The system should find the device and use the autoconfig feature to install the
correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-access-only-with-wireless-using-windows-vista.194148/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello. I want to find out why Windows does this cheking to my Memory Card. It happened while booting. After "Checking file system on D:
The type of the file system is FAT32." and other stuffs like: "Unrecoverable error in folder \System Volume Information\catalog.wci.", or "\Sounds\FosterThePeople-PumpedUpKicks(ButchClancyRMX).mp3 first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated." and "Cross link resolved by copying.
\Images\IMG00502-20121218-1525.jpg is cross-linked on allocation unit 6984." After this proces Windows started normaly. I've cheked my documents on the card and found out that some images were damaged and some old music appeared, but only samples, from about 18 seconds to 56. I foud, also, a "BOOTEX.LOG" file, written in Notepad. Could you explain what happened, please? &sorry if there are some bad spelled words.

A:Checking file system on D: The type of the file system is FAT32

It perhaps got removed incorrectly while some programs still had the file data open/in memory. I'd pull everything off the card, format it, and put the data back.

What is the card in? Does it have to be FAT32? Could you use ExFAT instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-file-system-on-d-the-type-of-the-file-system-is-fat32.193835/
Relevancy 16.34%

I recently started using a gigabit switch alongside my TP-Link router.

My room is setup like a LAN area, with a desk long enough for 4 pc's, so I have 4 cables running from the switch to the computers.

My router is providing DHCP and has a PS3 and VOIP phone plugged up to it.

Is there anything blaring that would cause the machines not to transfer files at gigabit speeds? Currently they transfer at 10-12mbps, which is normal for a 10/100 connection.

Anything I'm missing?

I can get into a lot of detail, but I need to know what needs to be told.

A:Home Network Routing - Using a Switch for file transfers?

Weakest link in the chain prevails.

Code:

ISP=Router--switch-- PC{1+}
|
+--- other device(s)

Consider just devices attached to the router, the slowest Nic {wired or wifi} will control the bandwidth to the device. A PC with a 10/100 adapter dominate data to/from it regardless of the GB Switch. If PC.a and PC.b (both with GB adapters and attached to the switch) copy 'twix each other, you may get much better performance.

Data to/from other devices (attached to the router) will be dominated by the Router LAN port speeds or the devices themselves.

99% of us get no benefit whatsoever from GB routers or Switches as all devices need GB ratings :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routing-using-a-switch-for-file-transfers.192722/
Relevancy 21.93%

OK so I have Sager np9150 Gaming laptop with nvidia 670m 1.5gb ram graphic card and integrated intel hd 4000.

the monitor I'm trying to connect to is a Lg Flattron wide. I bought a hdmi to dvi adapter cable so that I can hook the hdmi side to my laptop and the dvi side to my monitor since it doesn't have a hdmi slot.

before plugging the hdmi side into the laptop my monitor say check signal cable. when I plug the hdmi side into my laptop the check signal cable disappear and it say digital power saving and then it stay in that mode.

A:My laptop cannot find external monitor

Right-click on your desktop, click Screen resolution, set to Extend these displays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-find-external-monitor.192563/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi,
I used my computer to transfer back up files from an old hard drive to a brand new one. I did not open the individual files, just cut/pasted them onto the new drive. Well the new drive dies on me and I no longer have the old drive.
I was wondering if my computer copied the files onto itself during the transfer process and if it did, is there any way I can recover them?
Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

A:File transfer/copy

Ouch; Especially for large transfers, file movement from media{a} -> media{b} use no intermediate cache or temp files. IMO, unless CHKDSK c: /F /R can fix the new drive, I think you're in deep dodo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-transfer-copy.191860/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have a asus a8n delexe sli which gaves the above error when I do alt f2 on post to enter the flash utility. I was driven to reinstall bios or upgrade it because I am getting freezing; reboot issues; missing drivers; unrecognised hardware issues etc. I have swapped out drives, video cards, reinstalled OS and even swapped PSU to no avail. So has my motherboard just had it?
I folllowed asus instructions and copied the bios to a floppy disk and tried to flash from that. Although I copied all three files in the downloaded zip so I presume it would select the exe file automatically. I will download again. Should it work if I copied to a blank CD? I presume the bios would automatically pull the exe from any device besides the hard drive? I get this error with or without the floppy inserted?

A:BIOS image file check sum error

Did you finally get this solved?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-image-file-check-sum-error.190931/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just bought an HP ENVY h8-1418 Desktop.

I would like to know the best Low Profile graphics card to replace the integrated HD graphics that came with unit. Some important specs listed might help you give me some options I hope:

1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0 for i5 and i7 Ivy Bridge processors, all others Gen 2.0)

Processor: Intel Core i5 3330

TDP: 77W
Operating speed: Up to 3.0 GHz (up to 3.2 GHz turbo)
Number of cores: 4
Socket: LGA 1155
Bus speed: DMI (Direct Media Interface) - 5.0 GT/s
Memory - 8GB

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Integrated graphics (DX11)

Power Supply
Internal 460W (100V-240V)

A:Low profile graphics card options

What is your budget? Also why do you need a low profile card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-profile-graphics-card-options.191192/
Relevancy 22.36%

RAM Memory- CORSAIR Vengeance LP GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CML GX M A C - on Newegg ca Video Graphics Card- EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -KR GeForce parts these anyone find me? for cheaper Can GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - on Newegg ca CPU Processor- Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Can anyone find these parts cheaper for me? Intel HD Graphics BX I K - on Newegg ca Hard Drive- WD Black WD FAEX TB Desktop Hard Drive - quot SATA Gbps RPM MB Cache - on Tigerdirect ca SSD- SanDisk SDSSDP- G-G quot GB SATA Internal Solid State Drive SSD - on Newegg ca DVD Drive Burner- x ASUS X DVD Burner - Bulk X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW- B ST BLK B AS - OEM each - on Newegg ca Motherboard- ASUS P Z -V LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard - on Newegg ca Case- COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer SGC- -KWN Black SECC ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX PS EPS V optional Power Supply - on Newegg ca Power Supply- CORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - on Newegg ca Monitor- ASUS VH H Glossy Black quot ms Widescreen Full HD p LCD Monitor cd m ASCR w Speakers amp HDMI - on Newegg ca OS- Windows - on Tigerdirect ca nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-find-these-parts-cheaper-for-me.190809/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I was wondering what is a stable/safe CPU temp for a gaming laptop?
on speedfan im getting a reading of while running a game. is this good or bad?
HD0 32C
Temp1 53-55
GPU 53-55
core 53-55

A:CPU temp while gaming on laptop

We need to know the specs of your computer. Download a program called 'speccy', and give us the details, along with your laptop model name.

But, that being said, 55c while in a game is excellent for a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-while-gaming-on-laptop.190468/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently built a pc with a fx 6100 8gb ddr3 and a 7850 in a nzxt phantom 410. and I'm getting what I think are good temps my gpu reaches 50c in load, and the cpu says relatively cool but on speed fan it says the aes says it's like 90c. So what is this aes and do you think these temps are correct. I believe this could'nt be correct, because I have my fans at 100% and I would like to see what you guys think 2. Ill upload gpu-z cpu-z and speed fan diagnostics later today.

And excuse my bad grammar.

A:Weird temp error? (hopefully)

Do not use Speed fan to monitor temps. Use Core Temp or HWmonitor and then report back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-temp-error-hopefully.189984/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there I am new to this forum though I have went through a couple of threads regarding VPN but I can t seem to find my answer through printing VPN Local I work in an IT department and have to users which are not on the business domain To make use of a program hosted on our server they connect via VPN to out network and then join a remote desktop Both of them make use of a network printer Now one of them has a PC with Win and the other one with XP When they connect to the VPN though only the user on the Win PC is allowed to print the other user Local printing through VPN s job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints Both user Local printing through VPN s VPN permissions are the same as I asked the network admin and the printer settings should be the same on both PCs as I checked them Help would be greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for a very long time with no avail Thanks nbsp

A:Local printing through VPN

the other user's job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints.Click to expand...

Wow, is that strange or what (but that's why your here too I guess). The fact that it is queued says the data path from the user->system->print queue is just fine - - and that says permissions are ok. I suspect that the users program is not closing the output file. Have the user try a simple test using NOTEPAD printing to the remote printer.

Next I would look for software updates to the XP VPN software and then to XP print driver for that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-printing-through-vpn.189640/
Relevancy 22.36%

I m looking for a laptop before I go to Germany It needs to be points are ordered in importance but none should be skimped on A third generation i processor A screen resolution of at least x GB SSD or a hybrid of HDD and SSD Somewhere around quot - quot not quot that s too small Thin and light enough to carry around with me everywhere Have at least a MP webcam and good reviews I know of some MP webcams that everyone says are terrible Long battery a laptop to find Trying life Trying to find a laptop Some other points that would be preferred but aren t absolutely necessary are Internal Optical Disk Drive Ethernet plug in available Touch Screen Windows I Trying to find a laptop should also note that while the retina MBP does satisfy pretty much everything It s just not my thing I d prefer a Windows laptop Also there is no price restriction here Right now I m leaning towards getting the Series quot Premium Ultrabook NP X C On Samsung s website it is listed at The only thing is that it doesn t satisfy any of the Trying to find a laptop three quot wants quot that I have listed and I m not sure if I could find a better webcam elsewhere Here s a link to the Series quot Premium Ultrabook NP X C http www samsung com us computer laptops NP X C-A US-specs Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Trying to find a laptop

No price restriction? Get the MBP then and dual-boot with Win8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-find-a-laptop.189229/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi I am using a transcend pen drive to transfer files between my netbook and desktop, both with XP when I delete folder from the pen drive while connected to the desktop, it shows the pen drive as empty and thereafter I "safely remove" the pendrive. however, when I insert it into the netbook, it shows the data still present. if I now re-insert it into the desktop, it shows the data again. ?? btw if I delete it when connected to the netbook, it stays deleted and does not show up again! what gives? I have emptied the recycle bin too. am wondering if there are some settings I need to change. I just got a new desktop and am transferring my data onto it from the netbook! thanks, appreciate any answers in advance!

A:Delete file in pen drive

Likely you need to ensure that the pen-drive has the NTFS permission for <everyone> to be full control.

Use any Administrator Login, insert the Pen Drive, right click the pen-drive-letter -> Properties->Security

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delete-file-in-pen-drive.188509/
Relevancy 24.08%

I know this is a much discussed subject but I haven t yet found a thread with the answers I need My problem started with a refurbished PC I bought earlier this year It had a Gb HDD which sounded fine and it is running Windows Ultimate The HDD was formatted with two USB not devices loading partitions C and F Everything worked well enough to start with but I soon realised that not enough space had been allowed for the C drive - only USB devices not loading Gb For various reasons I couldn t go back to the supplier so I carried on thinking it would only be a slight inconvenience as I could direct software that defaulted to C to install in the F drive That worked OK for a time until I downloaded some stuff that would not divert and the provider said it could only run in the C drive so it was useless to me I then concluded that I needed to re-partition it After some unsuccessful searching I found Mini Tool Partition Wizard that was able to tackle my problem I successfully removed partition F and merged the space gained with C thus providing more than enough capacity Having done all this I discovered I had quot lost quot one of my two external HDDs that I could not connect to my camera or my GPS running watch and that my memory sticks were not recognised Probably my Tom-Tom won t connect either but I haven t yet tried it A Google search found what appeared to be a solution that was published on this site last year that involved uninstalling USB drivers and then plugging the equipment back in as at their first use This the instructions said would enable the equipment to reinstall itself when plugged in I did it wrong at first and succeeded only in quot losing quot the second HDD and my Epson DX USB printer A second shot paying meticulous attention to the instructions restored the HDD but not the printer I had downloaded a set of Windows drivers for the printer when I acquired this PC and switched from Windows XP Professional to Windows so uninstalling and reinstalling them returned the printer to working order almost What that means is that every so often the printer is reported as not being ready to print but rebooting the PC seems to cure the problem I am now left with the PC not acknowledging the presence of the camera the Garmin Forerunner watch the memory sticks and one of the two HDDs The odd thing is that having carried out the USB driver cleanup procedure and plugging the bits and pieces back in the PC reports that Windows is now installing each item as it is reconnected But they still don t show up anywhere I will just add that when I disconnect the devices I do so at the device end as to reach the back of the computer involves squirming around awkwardly under the built-in desk unit but I read somewhere that disconnecting at either end is equally good The camera the memory sticks and the running watch are usually connected via the front sockets I look forward to hearing from you Alan nbsp

A:USB devices not loading

First,
​​​Unplug the USB device, and then plug the device back into the computer or hub.
if still not working...
Second,
In RUN, type : Devmgmt.msc
The device managaer opens...
On the Action Menu, click Scan for hardware changes...
Then ur PC should recognize ur USB device...
Third,
Restart ur computer...
Hopefully these three methods should work...​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-not-loading.188301/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

I am having issues with network adaptor on my Sony Vaio (Windows Vista). When I try to connect to a network it is not showing any networks in range however I am sitting right next to my wireless router. If use USB Wireless Adaptor dongle it is correctly finding all available networks and I can connect to my network.

I checked in device manager and I can see

Without USB Wireless Adaptor
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

With USB Wireless Adaptor
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Realtek RTL8191SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

Not sure if this is due to some loose connection or my network card is not working.

Appreciate if you can help me identify and fix this problem.

Thanks
AT

A:Network adaptor not able to find any networks

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adaptor-not-able-to-find-any-networks.187793/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I rebbot my PC recently and my audio is not working Im don't find audio SOS controller looking for the right driver for several days and nothing I tried several times and I don t know what to do more I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE with Windows XP sp I pass Everest in my PC I copy the most important parameters down If I look the problems in my PC I can see that - Controladora de sonido multimedia AUDIO PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp FD Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados - Controladora de v deo PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp Los controladores de SOS don't find audio controller este dispositivo no est n instalados - Controladora de v deo compatible VGA PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp Los SOS don't find audio controller controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados - M dem PCI PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp FE Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados No disponible ACPI TOS amp DABA FF amp Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados Please can anyone help me thanks a lot Irene PS everest report Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name IRENE-PORTATIL User Name Irene Motherboard CPU Type Mobile Intel Celeron M MHz x Motherboard Name TOSHIBA Portable PC Motherboard Chipset Intel Montara-GM i GME System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Toshiba Display Video Adapter Intel Extreme Graphics D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DBM ICH -M - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DBM UltraATA Storage Controller - CA Disk Drive SAMSUNG HM HC GB IDE Disk Drive Kingston DataTraveler USB Device MB USB Disk Drive Ut USB FlashStorage USB Device MB USB Optical Drive MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK nbsp

A:SOS don't find audio controller

I tried also to check with this tool of Intel and it doesn't found the drivers...
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board
Product Detected Controladora de sonido multimedia
Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sos-dont-find-audio-controller.187189/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all!

I have one problem need help.
My computer before have 2 drives (80 GB) drive C is 40 GB, my pc is got virus so I decide to reinstall win xp sp2 after I setup I cannot find my drive D: even on Disk Management,
I also take my Hard Disk to connect with other computer still cannot find it,
Please help me,
thank

A:Cannot find drive D after reinstall Windows XP SP2

Is drive D an optical drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-drive-d-after-reinstall-windows-xp-sp2.186712/
Relevancy 26.23%

My iOmega TB External hard drive stopped working after it was accidentally unplugged I googled the problem amp found the exact thread here for my problem When plugged in instead of being identified by it s name as before it s listed as Local disc F First I tried disabling write caching to no avail so I followed HDD disk shows as it local & F cannot be accessed External the instructions I found here to External HDD shows as local disk F & it cannot be accessed the same problem started by fish in Aug Mark replied several times giving good instructions which I have followed but my problem isn t solved I downloaded Sea Tools for Windows amp ran both Short amp Long tests which both failed The hard drive when dismantled is a Seagate Barracuda TB amp my PC is Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pk The HDD has much loved photo s of my kids amp tons of video amp music too is there any way to retrieve it now or is it a hopeless case Any help would be very much appreciated I think maybe if possible to get any data now I would have to take it to proffessionals but don t want to get ripped off if the drive is totally broken Thanx so much if u can help all nbsp

A:External HDD shows as local disk F & it cannot be accessed

You could try going into disk management and deleting F: drive, while the External HDD is unplugged, then try reconnecting - OS might have just assigned the drive incorrectly?
Also strongly recommend updating to SP2 if possible (probably not connected to this issue though).
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-shows-as-local-disk-f-it-cannot-be-accessed.186348/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm in the process of building a new computer to replace my aging Q6600 setup, and I decided to go with Asrock's new "OC Formula" Motherboard. This motherboard comes with some inbuilt profiles for overclocking, and I decided that 4.8 GHz sounded like an awesome number so I clicked on the profile, rebooted and from what I can tell it's working like a lovely dream.

What I want to know is, what sort of temps should I be getting? Because right now I am sitting on 72 degrees C after 30 minutes of Prime95 and from everything I've read the temps should be a lot higher.

according to the bundled AsRock software (OC Formula Drive)
VCORE = 1.343 V
BCLK/PCIE Freq = 100 MHz
CPU Ratio = x 48.0
GT Frequency = 350 MHz

Using Corsair's H100 Cooler with stock fans and thermal paste, and an i5 3570K.

Thanks in advance for any handy responses.

A:3570k @ 4.8 GHz with CPU temp of 70c

Just as an update, CPU Temperature is now sitting on 65C after 1 hour of Prime95, although it can sometimes shoot up to 69 or 70C and stay there for a while.

Am I just reading this wrong somehow?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3570k-4-8-ghz-with-cpu-temp-of-70c.185597/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all got this ram Memory:
DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-8500
​Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-8500, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 4GB
Currently Installed Memory: 2GB
Total Memory Slots: 2
Available Memory Slots: 0​1GB
DDR PC2-6400​​
1GB
​​

thats from crucial.com I can hold maximum of 4gb so looking to get that . on ebay can get for £35 roughly but seems dear anyone know anywhere cheaper. thanks in advance

A:Help to find cheapest place for RAM upgrade in UK

Since you're in the UK, take a look at www.SCAN.co.uk
Make sure before you buy anything, to check the compatibility of the RAM with you current mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-find-cheapest-place-for-ram-upgrade-in-uk.185742/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello as you can tell I am pretty Need computer PSU HP my a fit to to suitable find new to this I am attempting to upgrade my current gpu to an EVGA GeForce GTX http www evga com products moreinfo asp pn G-P - -KR As recommended I need at least a w power supply Now I wish for something around the ballpark of w or so Something not to pricey I m having trouble understanding some things I need it to be able to fit my case which im unsure of the dimensions I know the case size I just don t know the size of where the PSU would fit into My current computer with specs included from manufactuer website http h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp lc en Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer amp dlc en amp docname c Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer N Also its recommended I need pci-e pin connectors I m Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer just confused around all this I can t seem to find something suitable that would work for my setup and fit inside at the same time I need perhaps a good recommendation of a PSU if anyone can help I don t want to order something that wont fit into my rig Thank you for your time P S sorry messed up title probably confused alot nbsp

A:Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer

It looks like any ATX power supply will fit in there; how much are you looking to spend on one? I can provide specific recommendations based on that.

Also, are you located in the US?

Lastly, any specific reason you're going for an older card rather than one from the current-gen series?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-find-a-suitable-psu-to-fit-my-hp-computer.184875/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm running speed fan and it has a flame beside CPU and AUX. What is AUX? My CPU is Intel i5 2500k.

A:How concerned should I be if CPU temp is 85C?

That dose seem high, You may want to open up the case and get a can of air. To blow out any dust build up. Maybe put some new thermal paste on the cpu and see if this helps. This may be the cause of your freezes . In the thread under Software Apps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-concerned-should-i-be-if-cpu-temp-is-85c.185198/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 21.93%

When I got a new printer, I went to my laptop and try the find printer thing when I clicked on it the window pop up and then another one that said "The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable." Please someone tell me what and how to fix this

A:Can't use the find printer program thing

Follow the directions that came with your new printer. Usually you have to first install the driver from the included disc or their website, then at some point you're instructed to plug the printer in with USB cable and power it up. It should then be recognized in Device Manager and show up in Control Panel/Printers, where you can set it to your default printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-the-find-printer-program-thing.185037/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there I own an Alesis Multimix Firewire which I use to record music on my PC I connect this to my Computer via can (Code 12) use that free This enough it cannot device resources find VIA PCI IEEE Adapter Firewire Everything s been fine up until now it seems my computer won t recognize when the firewire cable is connected to the computer So I flipped open the motherboard and made sure the adapter was connected into the slot properly as sometimes it can slide out a bit since it is at a weird angle when the PC sits upright I rebooted again and it said that the Firewire adapter had been detected Tried connecting the Alesis and still nothing Went into System and Device Manager and under the IEEE Bus host controller tab it shows OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller with a highlighted exclamation mark over it I click into the properties of this and it says under This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) the General Tab This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system More specifically under the This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) Details Tab it says this PCI VEN amp DEV This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) amp SUBSYS amp REV amp DC A amp amp Not sure entirely what this means I googled it and a lot of ppl saying to try and update the drivers etc but I don t think that this will do any good as the last driver was back in and I don t think any new drivers have been made since Looking for a logical answer to this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Attached a DXdiag file below too Thanks nbsp

A:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Looks like the motherboard's USB channels or chipset needs to be updated or re-installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources-that-it-can-use-code-12.180628/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi to all. I am not sure if this is the correct board to post my problem to! I apologize if I am wrong.

I save my picture albums in external storage device. Its the memory of an entire lifetime, my school, highschool and all. Now I opened it after many days to find that many of the JPEG files are showing 'X' although their properties are showing appropriate file size. If I try making a slideshow, it says 'No preview available'. I have tried opening it with MS Office Picture Manager and Adobe Photoshop 7 but of no avail. I have tried to look it up on google and tried repairing the images using a few free online picture repair tools, but it says no data available or something. Please help me resurrect those images. I dont understand what could possibly go wrong with them! I use Windows XP home. They are very valuable to me.

Thanks in anticipation.

A:JPEG file error

can you open ANYTHING on that external device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jpeg-file-error.183222/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have a file that I converted from laser disc to AVI. The total length was 20 gig but cut in two pieces. I transfered the files to a Seagate 1 Tarabyte hard drive for storage but now cannot get it to fully transfer back to any PC. The bigger part of the two is over 15 gigs and when there is about 9 gigs left the transfer stops.

Is there any way to get this out or fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

A:Video file not transfering completely out of my external hard drive

Are you using Windows built in copy program or a 3rd party tool?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-file-not-transfering-completely-out-of-my-external-hard-drive.180824/
Relevancy 27.09%

So I just set up FreeNAS on my LAN. I have a Linksys router.... I believe everything is 10/100 but for some reason its transfering at about 8.61MB/s.

Now before I start posting all my equipment specs, would anyone know right off the bat what my bottleneck is, or give me a clue how to figure this out? I'm apparently not thinking properly enough to figure this out at the moment.

BTW, everything plugged in... so I'm not transfering wirelessly.

A:What's my local NAS bottleneck?

You're transferring at almost 70 mbit - your network is probably your bottleneck. Are you sure there is no additional activity on your network? You should be able to reach between 80-90 if nothing else is going on and the rest of the environment is lean. If everything is working absolutely great I would say you can even reach mid to upper 90's. See if the system sending files has plenty of CPU cycles available by opening your task manager. Also, are you transferring lots of small files or one big file? Larger files will transfer faster than a bunch of tiny ones. At most you can expect a file transfer speed of about 12 MB/sec on a 100 mbit network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-my-local-nas-bottleneck.180760/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have monitored some past posts and haven't found a solution yet. I am rebuilding an older desktop to get it back running. I have formatted and partitioned the had drive (thru another computer), installed it into my desktop. During the windows XP install it indicates that the hard drive can't be found. I installed the drivers disk and made the Raid driver required and installed it and got the same result. I can't seem to get the hard drive located to install windows on it.
P4 computer
windows XP SP1
and all system disks from Dell that came with the system. Any ideas????
looking for a solution to get windows installed and up and running. Don't want to spend a large amount of time and money as this is an older desktop. Thanks

A:Windows XP can't find hard drive

Bad hard drive, or bad install.
You are using Service Pack 1. Windows XP only works on the first 133 GB of a hard drive. You may need a Windows Disk with Service pack 2 or 3 to propertly detect and format the hard drive if larger than 132 GB... Or use a non-Dell version of Windows XP.
The product ID on the Windows sticker will still enable the enstall if you have a borrowed OEM disk of Windows XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-cant-find-hard-drive.179876/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello All I have a samsung N a while ago the connection dropped wireless Netbook networks won't find suddenly and couldn t find any wi-fi connections I m using a D-link Usb dongle and I can find all the networks After trying everything I was convinced that the Atheros chip is Netbook won't find wireless networks faulty so I bought a new one but it didn t work so I tried my Atheros on an Netbook won't find wireless networks another netbook and it worked fine It can t be an OS problem since at the beginning of the problem i did a factory settings restore and tried Ubuntu all of them had the same problem Sometimes it is able to find near wi-fi networks for a minute but it won t connect So if anyone knows what s the problem i would really be thankful I ve disassembled my computer to see if there s something wrong with the Antenna everything seems fine it s very confusing and i can t find any solutions Thank you nbsp

A:Netbook won't find wireless networks

We need to know your computer brand and model, and operating system. Or the motherboard that is installed.
any "flags" in your device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-wont-find-wireless-networks.177704/
Relevancy 21.5%

Good morning everyone...

My old 600m for some reason last night decided NOT to find any webpages. The wireless network indicates that it is connected to the router, functioning properly. My daughter's notebook easily connects to the network, so I know it's not the router. I'm using XP Pro, SP2, Linxsys wireless, Intel 2200BG card.

I'm not that computer literate, but am usually able to fix most things.

HELP, please!!

Thanks!

Tom

A:Dell Inspiron 600m cannot find web pages

Do you have the latest driver?
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...Intel®+PRO/Wireless+2200BG+Network+Connection

You should have SP3 installed, support for SP2 has been discontinued.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-600m-cannot-find-web-pages.177540/
Relevancy 16.34%

Ok, I am about to setup a server used for file syncing and an online db (like SQLite or something?) anyway, I also wanna have Fedora running on it..

I guess I can just get any server and install what I want + make it do what I want it to do, but what server(s) and/or system specs should I be specifically looking at for doing those things better than other servers?

A:File sync + online DB buying advice

Depends. Do you actually need a server?

Are we talking about a dedicated server in a datacenter, or are you building a server at home/work and using it connected to the internet there?

You need to tell us what you want to do with the server. If its a dedicated server, what do you plan to do with it? Monthly bandwidth, unique visitor numbers, number of sites, etc.

For homeserver, again, what is your intended usage. Your current post is far too vague to give any realistic answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-online-db-buying-advice.177063/
Relevancy 22.36%

No I am not doing anything crafty I wouldn't know how to anyways. Yes it is for school, I am reviewing questions for my final but I can't figure this one out. Are they talking about their website cause thats easy. Or do I have to find out like what their mega computers ip address is spamming me my sweet bandwidth? If so how?

p.s. hu ray i get to write in bad grammer for a change who learned you how to spoke?

A:How do I find out my ISP's IP address?

Your ISP will have multiple IP addresses.

If what your asking is how do you find out YOUR IP address: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

If you want to know the IP address of a particular site, fire up cmd.exe in Windows (start run/search box, type cmd and hit enter.

Then type: ping bbc.co.uk (or whatever website you need to know).

e.g.
Code:
C:\Users\Lee>ping bbc.co.uk

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.241.131] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=244

Ping statistics for 212.58.241.131:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 14ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 20ms

C:\Users\Lee>
That will reveal their IP address for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-find-out-my-isps-ip-address.176307/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey I ve got a Dual Xeon Dell Precision T Workstation running Windows x that I use for graphic design and some music production I have up until last week used a M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB Audio Interface for recording as well as my primary sound card I decided to get rid of the Fast Track and upgrade to an M-Audio Audiophile PCI sound card Here is my issue- With the Fast Track USB Interface I have always network local when performing only PC downloads Static in sound, had a noticeable Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads static popping sound when any audio is playing while I am transferring files on my local network- but I have isolated it specifically to copying files from anywhere on my local network to this PC- so only downloading to this computer I didn t pay much attention to it as I thought that was the price that was to be payed because of using a USB sound card After I installed the Audiophile I am still getting this popping sound on network downloads Just to test I pulled out the Audiophile enabled the on-board sound card and the popping was still there with the on-board sound card Any idea what could be causing this My network adapter is the Broadcom on-board Gigabit LAN card The only other PCI or PCI-e cards I have installed are the Nvidia Quadro Video Adapter and a SIIG USB PCI Card I have taken this out and the popping is still there All of PCI bus components were different when I started hearing the popping from the Fast Track Pro so I don t suspect that any of those items would be the culprit When the popping first started nothing was even in the PCI PCI-e bus except for my old Quadro video card which I took out months ago and swapped for the Quadro I guess what I m trying to say is that most of the components have been removed or swapped and the sound continues I have the onboard sound card disabled normally so I know that also isn t causing it To describe the popping static it doesn t make the noise until I m downloading something and there is a system noise playing or I have some other audio going YouTube Video MP played locally whatever So if I was to download a file locally and not play any sounds then you would never know that anything was happening The speakers I m using are KRK Rokit Active Studio Monitors so even if there was any background static I would hear it These monitors are connected to the computer via a Balanced TRS input so I don t even have any normal line quot hum quot at high volumes- so that is how I can tell there is absolutely no static or popping until the PC plays it s own audio Also- I ve tried reproducing the problem by playing audio and downloading a file from the internet It won t produce the popping sound at all Here is my system info Dell Precision T Workstation Windows x Ultimate Service Pack Intel Xeon CPU E GHz amp GHz Processors Intel x Motherboard Intel ICH R Family Controllers I O Hub PCI Express Root Storage GB RAM Nvidia Quadro M-Audio Delta Audiophile Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller That s everything I have hooked up right now- anymore questions and I ll be glad to post what I know I m hoping that this is something common that I just couldn t find in my searches on google Any help advice you could offer I would appreciate it One last thing- I uninstalled and updated all of my system drivers days ago to see if that would stop the problem It didn t change anything Thanks -Ben nbsp

A:Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads

Did you uninstall your old sound drivers? Are you using ASIO drivers? Im assuming the M-Audio card already has ASIO built-in? Do you get the pop/static when using the onboard sound? You should stick to XP for music production. Even a dual boot WIN 7/XP setup. Im into music production as well and all of my problems stopped when I ran everything on XP. You can try using virtual XP on Win 7 and see if it helps anything. What DAW are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-in-pc-sound-only-when-performing-local-network-downloads.175964/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?
Thanks

A:Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-installed-hdd.176151/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all, I would like to know if there is any way I can tell if my motherboard is broken. I have a Fujitsu Amilo Pro V3515. When I press the power switch, the lights power light and wifi light come on, the fan starts, but that is it, just a black screen. I have tried removing and reinserting ram etc. I was just wondering if there was any way to find out what's wrong with it so I could just replace parts myself rather than the added expense of having to take it for repair. Any advice gladly received, regards.

A:Is there any way I can find out if my motherboard is broken?

theres no easy & quick way to check,
have you tried connecting you laptop to an external monitor?
incase it might be the screen
also tried disconnecting hdd, ram, keyboard, dvd drive.
tried doing a hard reset? remove battery & psu lead
hold the power button for 60 second.
or powering up off either battery alone or
taking battery out and powering up off psu alone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-any-way-i-can-find-out-if-my-motherboard-is-broken.176079/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi Everyone I am using a ASUS EeePC PEM as an upgrade from my previous netbook PC Win7 Eee 1015PEM loading Error operating system... Starter My problem started when I seemed to receive an odd windows update The IE stopped Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter loading correctly even though my pc Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter was connected to the net I stupidly gave it to someone who proudly displays letters after his Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter name claiming to know all about computers and two days later he gave it back to me telling me that it claimed to be doing hard drive repairs and now won t do anything I plumped for a system restore as I had all my important stuff on an external hard drive so wasn t too worried about loosing anything When I tried it has continually popped up with the meassage Error loading operating system The restore reportedly comes from a hidden recovery partition It almost seems as though the whole netbook has been wiped and all I have is bios I am now beyond my field of knowledge and hope someone has an answer for me Living in hope Bint xx nbsp

A:Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter

O/S error

When I have seen the error report "O/S not found", or similar it has meant the hard drive has failed in some way, probably the circuit that controls the seek arm.
If that has happened then the "system restore" will not work either, because, as you noted, it is a copy of the working O/S but in a separate partition, that is normally not used. Problem is the hidden partition is just a part of the same hard drive that won't work.
If that is the situation, the only real answer is to replace the hard drive, and reinstall the O/S plus the software you need. It is much simpler and cheaper to back up the hard drive while it is working, so that come the day it fails, at least the data is safe, and can be restored to a new hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-loading-operating-system-eee-pc-1015pem-win7-starter.175229/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys My internet provider has just recently been switched to Time Warner Cable They came by and hooked everything up to my desktop and my internet worked for that day The next day I had to call technical support and road runner services because my computer says I m connected but I m not sending nor receiving area Missing network connection and local controller any packets Road Runner took me through Device Manager where I noticed a big yellow question mark near Other Devices Network Controller Also after going through my Network Connections there s no Local Area Connection listed The techs responded that they couldn t help me unless I fixed my computer software I have already tried going through Computer Management and checking Plug And Play Services amp RPC Missing network controller and local area connection Services Any other suggestions are much appreciated I m currently working off of my laptop because I can t get online with my desktop Any requested information would just Missing network controller and local area connection be done by my usb flash Missing network controller and local area connection drive Thank you so much for your time nbsp

A:Missing network controller and local area connection

Open device manager. Uninstall those device with ? on them. Reinstall drivers for your network adapter.

What devices are listed under network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-network-controller-and-local-area-connection.174762/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 20.64%

Windows 7 (64bit) used to load the Network "dialer" (I have DSL) at bootup or whenever a connection was not present, but a few days ago, it suddenly stopped. I must now start my Internet connection manually via a shortcut on the desktop.

I don't prompt for a password, but I don't want my PC connecting w/o me for security reasons (eg: catching viruses/adware that try connect to the Net to upload my info or send Spam.) This is how I've connected since Win98.

I thought maybe I had disabled something necessary from "msconfig", but I put everything back and it still doesn't work.

I've also tried putting the shortcut in my Startup folder, but Windows just ignores it. (???)

I remember having this same problem years ago with XP but forgot how I fixed it.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:Network "dialer" stopped loading at startup. Weird.

run SERVICES.MSC and verify Network Connections is enabled and autostarted.

View Network Connections and be sure the connection properties are correct.

Move the shortcut in my Startup folder to the All Users\Startup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-dialer-stopped-loading-at-startup-weird.174788/
Relevancy 21.5%

So the Chaintech VNF3-250 on my secondary computer finally died after 7 or 8 years. But the other parts still work, so I'm hoping I can replace the mobo without having to replace everything attached to it.

All the places I've looked seem to have no name brands, or no name sellers, or are refurbished, or just plain out of stock forever.

A:Any place to find a decent Socket 754 AGP mobo these days?

TheBladeRoden said:

So the Chaintech VNF3-250 on my secondary computer finally died after 7 or 8 years. But the other parts still work, so I'm hoping I can replace the mobo without having to replace everything attached to it.

All the places I've looked seem to have no name brands, or no name sellers, or are refurbished, or just plain out of stock forever.Click to expand...

Should be able to find them at Geeks or Ebay. You will most likely find refurbished or used ones though!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-place-to-find-a-decent-socket-754-agp-mobo-these-days.174718/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone New to this forum My tower which was running XP but is probably years old got pretty heavily infected with viruses malware After several attempts at clearing it out with software I decided i should just reformat because its been awhile and I never really have I think the first thing I did was boot from CD using a copy of windows Probably not the original used for my computer but I don t think that matters Each time I attempt to install windows however it gets to a screen that says quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer quot and claims setup cannot continue I ve searched a bit for answers but none seem to fit or have solutions that will work for me since it should not be a hardware issue I also went into the RAID utility and had that reformat something thinking that might help or be necessary Part of the problem is I can t find any of my original installation disks aside from the motherboard and graphics card On boot up and in BIOS it claims there is no IDE channel Master or Slave What can I do or is there anything you can recommend I thought I saw trying HDD Problem to when find can't reformat, somewhere that my HD or motherboard might not be compatible with this XP disc and I would need to make Problem when trying to reformat, can't find HDD one of my own that would allow detection of my HD is that possible nbsp

A:Problem when trying to reformat, can't find HDD

What kind of hard drive are you using? IDE or SATA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-trying-to-reformat-cant-find-hdd.174280/
Relevancy 33.97%

I once ran across a simple UI item that allowed me to change LOCAL CONNECTION 2 to LOCAL CONNECTION.

RESOLVED. Open Network and Sharing Center. Click on the icon for the active connection. Change THAT name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-local-net-2-to-local-net.172565/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi, I had a laptop Vaio, windwos XP home edition and before crashing for good I manage to have all data saved on external hard drive. Now I have a new HP, Windows 7, processor A8 and when I try to trim the backup data I can't delete anything from it. The delete button just doesn't work and right click dosen't show delete option. The data is huge I need that space.Thanks.

A:Can't delete backup file created in XP, now I run Windows 7

Have you tried to format the drive through Disk Management? Formatting will erase everything on it. This assumes you don't still have anything on the external drive you want to save.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-backup-file-created-in-xp-now-i-run-windows-7.172452/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi
I got an old laptop (Gateway with window XP Pro, and I cannot get it to connect to my home network, other laptop works fine. showing the following connections
Local area connection
network cable unplugged with a RED x
Realtek RTL8139/810x

1394 Connection
connected
1394 net adapter

wireless network connection
Not connected Red X
intel(R) Pro/wireless 22008G
Please help, Thanx

A:Can't find any network,

first, use the Device Mgr to disable the 1394 device:: that's a Firewire connection, not ethernet.

then WIRE a connection to your router and get that running.

we'll address WiFi once WIRED is working

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-any-network.172342/
Relevancy 26.66%

In our network we have many remote sites. We are currently all WinXP Pro but are starting to transition to Windows 7 (64-bit) when we cycle PCs out.

We have been using RealVNC for years instead of RDP because RealVNC allows shared control of the PC between you and the local user (ie: "Show me what you are talking about"). I've tried Tight (which leaves lots remnants after uninstalling), Real (simply does not work unless you buy the Enterprise version, for ~800 computers that just isn't going to work) and Ultra (works, but randomly resets its options and closes down once you log out of a profile).

Is there a way to allow shared control during RDP? If not, is there another VNC-ish program I can try (freeware) that's as reliable as RealVNC has been under XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allow-local-user-control-in-rdp.171996/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I would like to find out how much watts my PC uses. I do not have any measuring devices for wattage, so is there still a way?

Thanks

A:How can I find out how many watts my PC pulls from the wall?

To get anything other than a guess you'll need a device like the Kill-a-Watt. I'm not sure the availability in your country but with a company name of p3international it at least sounds like you could get it.

You could also do it with an amp probe. The difficulty here is that you'd have to separate the hot wire and the neutral one, so that may be difficult or impossible (not to mention unsafe if you cut the insulation into the wire).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-out-how-many-watts-my-pc-pulls-from-the-wall.171569/
Relevancy 16.77%

Got hold of CCNA sybex 7th ed.. It will read on adobe and adobe digital editions on PC but not on reader. It displays the cover and contents,the rest is blank. My ebook reader will open any other pdf document including a earlier version of this file?! It is pdf version 1.3. Tried resaving on PC as version 1.5,made no difference. Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-pdf-file-on-ebook-reader.171615/
Relevancy 22.36%

First off this is my first time posting on these boards If this is the wrong location for this please move this My rig win xp sp intel core duo ghz part upgraded Crucial gb ddr ram nForce i sli mobo part upgraded W PSU Problem After changing out the mobo and cpu sorry I m unsure exactly what it was before install and loading times for games are a lot slower then they where before We are talking min install times becoming hour waits This is not just limited to only one program game The programs do install properly after they install and games run fine after the long load times At first I believed it was because I run everything on my external hard drive but that is not the case I tried running stuff on the internal one and the problem was the same What I have done so far Updated all drivers Checked to see if all previous hardware is compatible Checked to see if cores are working properly Loaded quot optimized settings quot in bios Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Long install/loading times after Core 2 Duo/mobo(nForce 750i SLI) upgrade

Did you re-install XP fresh after the upgrades?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-install-loading-times-after-core-2-duo-mobo-nforce-750i-sli-upgrade.171331/
Relevancy 16.34%

My ext HDD Buffalo 500Gb became RAW file system. can't even reformat again to NTFS.or to FAT32, the drive has my name before. now i can see LOCAL DRIVE E:, and when i click to properties, i can see, used space 0 bytes, and free space 0 bytes.
i tried several ways, even on command prompt, convert E: /fs:ntfs. still i can't, and on disk management, i even apply mark partition as active and then format it, and it take 5-6 hours and at the end falure.

can some one help me, i really need for my school project, and i cannot efford to buy again.

JIGME

A:My 500GB Buffalo external HDD became RAW file system

Hi gentpuchong :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-500gb-buffalo-external-hdd-became-raw-file-system.163340/
Relevancy 24.94%

Alright I have a whole bunch of my music and videos on my external hard drive and I got a new Dell XPS yesterday I had been using my external hard drive just fine for the past - yeas now with different laptops working fine I plugged it yesterday to transfer all my music to my new computer and it seemed to be working fine There was an error as the copy rate External Local -- won't open Disk as only working, shows drive hard stopped up slowwed so I decided to delete and try again I did that about times and then decided to just copy the music album by album Eventually I don External hard drive stopped working, only shows up as Local Disk -- won't open t know how it ended up happening instead of the Hard Drive coming up as Seagate on the My Computer Tab it started showing up as Local Disk J on my Dell and Local Disk E on my laptop now It doesn t matter where I plug it in Not only that it won t open when I try to open it It will get loaded and then just pause and stop responding I m completely lost My hard drive is Seagate GB nbsp

A:External hard drive stopped working, only shows up as Local Disk -- won't open

Hi, first I would run the Seagate diagnostics to check the hard drive is still healthy following this guide.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

If you have a Toshiba hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

It sounds likely that the circuitry in the drive enclosure is failing (or the drive), if the test won't run then remove the drive from the enclosure and purchase a USB Hard Drive adapter, or use the internal connections in a desktop PC to connect the drive. This should allow you to run the test and/or extract all the files.

If the test runs ok with the drive connected to another PC internally, or with a USB adapter then you will know for sure that it is the enclosure that has failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-stopped-working-only-shows-up-as-local-disk-wont-open.169973/
Relevancy 21.07%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.169834/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 26.66%

Okay here is the story My laptop has a ton of valuable information on it recently my Norton protection ran out and was unable to renew it Well somebody hacked my system and now I have a ton of viruses trojans and malware So I was still able to use my Copy to drive external profile user entire hard PC for internet usage and my music still played in Windows Media Player So all in all my laptop still worked Now today I go to turn on my laptop and it will not boot up at all I can t even system restore or repair it with windows repair However I do need to back up my files and since my hard drive is what is wrong in the first place I think it might be better instead of copying the entire hard drive to my terabyte external hard drive if it would make more sense just to copy my entire user profile onto my external I am wondering if this is possible i have heard of LiveCD s and Parted Magic from this forum But I am wondering if I can just back up all of my files that way If I can back up all of my files like that I might save money instead of taking to a repairman and just fix it myself So is it possible to copy and back-up the entire user profile of a laptop that will not boot up to an external hard drive Basically I want to copy the entire contents of my User Profile on Vista onto an external drive so I can use my reboot CD to reboot my laptop without losing any of my files and folders or Copy entire user profile to external hard drive anything for that Copy entire user profile to external hard drive matter I figure the best way to do that would be to copy the user profile so all the contents of that profile would go onto my external Then I reboot my computer and put Copy entire user profile to external hard drive the User Profile back on Simple nbsp

A:Copy entire user profile to external hard drive

Have you tried a repair install? If that is possible that will leave your files intact.. It is a good idea to back on a regular basis anyway.

The other possibility is connecting your hard drive as a slave drive on another pc.

If the repair install is not possible there are a number of ways using boot cd's to access your data.

Here is one solution that is free and should do what you want
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copy-entire-user-profile-to-external-hard-drive.169549/
Relevancy 17.2%

Here s the scoop A friend of mine was running XP sp and his system started getting very slow and would not run properly I ran malwarebytes and found File recovery several errors and corrected System still wouldn t function right Spent several File recovery hours trying various things with no luck Decided to offload his files and reinstall xp We managed to get his documents offloaded but didn t have enough media for his photos I removed hard drive and used my hardware connection package to hook it up to a usb port on my system The drive did show up and I started to copy his photos Get ready here it comes he has g of photos from years worth of saving on system without backing them up My system has enough space to copy but about g into copy my system started to give File recovery all kinds of errors that my avg WD elements etc weren t working I canceled the copy and deleted the photos from my system did a safe remove of the drive ran a restore from a previous restore point for my system All is well in the land of joeretired Now here s where the problem comes in When I reconnected the drive it no longer shows up with a letter assigned to it so I can access the drive I checked quot My Computer quot and it s not there Checked Device Manager and it shows as a usb mass storage device and properties says it s working properly Device Management doesn t even see it The questions are why can t I see it anymore how do I get it back to copy the phots Just for info s sake I m going to copy them to flash drives so my friend will have them backed up and be able to view them when he wants Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated and if we meet I ll buy you a beer nbsp

A:File recovery

Thanks Rick I will try what you suggested. If it is what you suspect I'll let him know. I was looking around and found a program from CGSecurity called "TESTDISK". Due you think it might be worth a shot running this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-recovery.168390/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,

and before anybody asks, I did look it up on google. I didn't find any clear way that said how to find it out. Is there a way to find it out?

Thanks

A:RAM - How do I find out my RAM Module P/N?

Its on the memory stick.

First result on www.google.co.uk: http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=ps...gc.r_pw.&fp=42a77a887edee1ee&biw=1280&bih=675

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-how-do-i-find-out-my-ram-module-p-n.169428/
Relevancy 17.2%

Usually I can play large MKV files just fine, but 13GB Black Swan mkv lags every few seconds making it unplayable. I don't usually have problems with MKV so I don't see how it could be a codec problem, does anyone know what?

Windows XP SP3

AMD Radeon HD 6850 - 1024MB

MotherBoard:
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5K SE Rev 1.xx
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0401 07/19/2007
Realtek Onboard Audio

3328 Megabytes DDR2 RAM

Processor:
2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

1400.28 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
100.02 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

A:Particular MKV file lags?

What software are you playing it with? Try Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/particular-mkv-file-lags.168934/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm missing the "local area connection" for a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop. Hence, I cannot seem to connect to the net.

Anybody got any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

A:Local area connection missing, Dell Inspiron 1300

Is your wireless working? Go under your BIOS and see if the WiFi is enabled or functioning. Download any BIOS updates, WiFi drivers update an etc.. If all is done and you still have the issue. Buy USB WiFi NIC Dongle and test that and see if you can get LAN or WAN connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-missing-dell-inspiron-1300.168709/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys I ve been reading this forum for some help but cannot seem to find anything as my problem or multiple problems seems to be quite specific The problem During the creation of a GB FAT partition on my brand new IOMEGA tb desktop external harddrive the power cable was unwittingly disconnected and the partition failed Since that time I have been unable to find the harddrive on my system What I harddrive Cannot external find ve tried so far I ve tried searching My Computer Disk Management and Device Manager none of them are showing up anything they were showing the device perfectly before the incident I have also attempted to use the harddrive on a laptop of mine but to no avail I ve attempted to find out if UPnP is enabled on my Bios menu but for some reason this menu keeps softlocking hardlocking and I must manually restarted the computer I have also shut down all power to the computer for about an hour and the problem persists Any help would be most appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Cannot find external harddrive

problem fixed

i had to buy another hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-external-harddrive.168400/
Relevancy 28.38%

Several mos ago replaced OEM GPU that ran hot w EVGA GT When hot weather got here I noticed GT seemed to run hotter than I think it should w normal browsing temp to EVGA before GT up? 240 Max fan cranking allow But also noticed fan speed really didn t increase much until temps were in high s - Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up? even then fan might run only - I can get GPU up past C just clicking back forth on some images - like Mozilla themes Yes the GPU fins fan are clean - took em outside amp blew out Can see down thru the fins w a flashlight to check Really wasn t dirty so made no diff under type of use described Installed MSI s Afterburner amp tried the quot User defined software automatic fan control quot - which controls the fan well SpeedFan didn t amp easy on resources Question - at what temp would you really crank up the fan to avoid ever getting above that temp Specs or manuals don t give this info Obviously the stock setup wasn t effective Right now have Afterburner set to at C C see graph This may not be running the fan high enough to keep it below C - still gets there opening a lot of pages Once fan kicks in temp drops fairly quickly amp running at that easily drops it below C or Should note - no other components get nearly as high so doesn t seem to be a problem w the case I know some report GPUs running F amp even higher but seems kinda high amp hard on components if happens very often Still have a lot of room to increase fan speed but don t want to be overly concerned if C isn t an issue I could raise it to or higher C if necessary This also makes me question effectiveness of the factory thermal paste as I ve read so many complain about That maybe I should think about redoing the paste Thanks nbsp

A:Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up?

Hi Debbie,
GPU' s are designed to run warmer than CPU's so while cooler is better, 50-60c is nothing to get overly concerned with. increasing the airflow through your case to lower temps would be preferable to running the cards fan at 90% constantly if you can. The upper thermal limit for GPU's (AMD & Nvidia) is 105c. while thats to warm as far as I am concerned, If you can keep idle temps below 50c and load temps to 85c or less, the card will probably outlast your use for it.
Hope that helped

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/max-temp-to-allow-evga-gt-240-before-cranking-fan-up.167388/
Relevancy 16.34%

A few years back I got an external hard drive (Nomad) as I was working on a book and studying photography and wanted to be able to back up all my work in case of a computer crash. Well, it turned out that I did have a crash, and everything was fine until I went to open up a file that contained a bunch of Microsoft Word files for my book.

When I click on the file in attempts to open it, after a long period of not responding, an error comes up that says exactly this:

"Location is not available
H:\Scotia\Writing\Stories & Novels is not accessible.
Incorrect functon."

Is there any way that I can fix this so that I can have the files back? I'm desperate, and without these files I lose a year of work toward a novel. Any help is deeply appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-on-nomad-external-hard-drive-will-not-open.167092/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old HP Pavilion 513W Desktop - System # P9857A, Serial # MX234A4770, with a 845GL Chipset and a 478 Socket I think ?Where can I get a replacement Motherboard NEW or Used?

A:Where can I find a new or used HP Pavilion 513W motherboard?

http://www.laptopteks.com/HP/Deskto...-(US)-(P9857A)/Motherboard-(System-Board).asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-find-a-new-or-used-hp-pavilion-513w-motherboard.167087/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, this is my first attempt at addressing this issue, it seems that whenever my GPU is under load (its a Nvidia geforce gt 220 btw) it shoots up past 90 C. im rather sure its not bad airflow since all other parts of my system are running cool, including my cores (quad core) which are at maybe 45C under load.

im not sure what is causing this problem but i have to decide between purchasing extra cooling, or a new card. I was hoping someone could help me with the decision.

Thanks, Brandon

A:Graphics card overheating, ambient case temp: 40C?

also ambient room temp is at 25C

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-overheating-ambient-case-temp-40c.167008/
Relevancy 21.5%

I tried to change my network settings from WPA to to network find was certificate log you unable on to Windows to the a WEP last night and like an I screwed it up I only wanted to change it over temporarily so I could access the wireless network with another device that isn t compatible with WPA I ended up having to restore the Linksys router to Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network its default settings I then tried to recreate the settings it had before with WPA before I messed it up It was on WPA -Personal AES and I changed the network SSID and passwords back from default Very basic I didn t set the Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network router up myself originally though so there must be something I m missing I am able to connect via Ethernet cable but when I try going wireless on both Windows laptops one XP and one Vista I get a message saying quot Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network my SSID quot Most of the searches I ran on Google had people suggesting that I uncheck quot Enable IEEE x authentication quot in the laptop s wireless Authentication settings but that is already unchecked Besides shouldn t the fix have to do with something in the router settings since the wireless was working before I mucked around with the router The laptop settings remain unchanged from the when wireless used to work so they should be okay right I also tried setting the router up using Wi-Fi Protected Setup but after the bar loads to the end it says it was unable to connect Anyone have any suggestions Or need more info that might help solve my wireless problems nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-find-a-certificate-to-log-you-on-to-the-network.166793/