Windows Support Forum

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error Occurs

Q: STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error Occurs

Hi, I have been getting the dreaded blue screen of death with STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error Occurs when i log into my windows 2000 service pack 3 and my linksys wireless usb network adapter connects me to the internet. My computer will remain on and run fine if i do not connect to the internet. This also will happen if i connect to the internet using my backup 56k modem. Any suggestions on what is happening?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error Occurs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 103.85%

Yesterday our computer around PM got a fake antivirus virus that popped up and installed automatically I went and removed it off my computer That one was called quot System c000021a on {Fatal Startup "Stop: Error}" Malware Doctor quot Later about hours later I got another one that popped up on my task bar called quot Antivirus quot That one didnt install and I removed it Today i started up our computer and I got Antivirus again I exited out of it and removed it Then I could not "Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}" on Startup access the internet via Google Chrome so i tried AOL AOL worked but it was freezing as always I decided to restart my modem and my computer When I turned it on It would go past the "Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}" on Startup XP screen and continuously reboot I then hit F many times and got the menu not sure what its called and make it so it would not auto-reboot on system failure Booting into safe mode doesnt work or the other start options I am using Ubuntu LTS to access the internet techguy I then got this error on a blue screen c a Fatal System Error The Windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status o f xc x x The system has been shut down Click to expand I do not have a XP installation disc or any other windows recovery discs How may I go about fixing this Thanks You guys are awesome you helped me tremendously when I had my last virus PC problem nbsp

Relevancy 95.79%

following error msgs displays and not booting windows. so i format and reinstall windows.
what is the problem in my system?

STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status 0
The system has been shutdown.

now am using kaspersky internet security 7.0.1.325 it enough?

A:STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

Please DON'T double post (someone please close this thread here).

Are you still having the problem or did the full re-install fix it? If you are then when did it start happening (on the clean Windows or after you started adding programs to it)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-278548.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Had malware issues and now I have have this blue screen saying STOP: c000021a Fatal system error ...the system has been shut down.
Is there anyway to get back into safe mode and then go on to removing the malware problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-on-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-500070.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi People I m having a problem with my Dell Inspiron B running Windows XP Home Edition Operating error] [Fatal system C000021a Stop: system It is yrs old A flash drive that was used was infected thus the Stop: C000021a [Fatal system error] AVG free antivirus showed that the PC had the Heur virus The scan cleaned some but others could not be deleted eventually the system shut down The laptop was taken to a technician who reprogrammed it All the files were deleted and the new program worked well for a few days then whenever I tried to log on XP Professional justs starts up and then shuts down then a blue screen just flashes a quick message then it starts up again I have tried starting it using all the options available in F When I F and disable automatic restart the blue screen that flashed briefly remained and I was able to see the following message Stop c a Fatal system error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of f x x x The system has been shut down I do not have the operating disc Please advise Thanks in advance

A:Stop: C000021a [Fatal system error]

Hi there try this :

The system has been shut down. After unsuccessfully trying F8, Safe Mode and Last Know Good Configuration press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Esc to start task manager and on applications tab hit new task and run system restore (in windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe). Then Reboot !

These are instructions for you to try :

Reboot the system and continue pressing F8 ?> a screen that allows for a F1: Boot ?> do the F1 and continue pressing F8 to get the Safe Mode screen ?> select the Last Know Good Configuration and repeatedly press Ctrl+Shift+Esc sequence ?> Windows XP should load correctly! ?> open the C drive ?>windows folder ?>system32 folder ?>restore folder ?> and start the rstrui application ?> select a date prior to the download of the bad files ?> and now the problem should be gone !

Let me know if this works !
Good Luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273578/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

When I try to shut down the system it gets part way through shutting down and then goes to a blue screen with the following message:-

Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Windows Logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down.

The OS is XP Home Edition SP3. Has anyone got ant idea what this is and how to fix it?

Your help will be much appreciated.

A:Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Here is a couple of things that you can try. First when you start you computer, hit f8, then when the screen comes up choose to start from the "last configuration that worked". Then see if you are still getting the error.

If that doesn't work then you will have to pop your install disk into your computer and do a repair. This will do exactly what it says, it will repair your xp partition.

Try both of those things and see if either of them help.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-276845.html
Relevancy 95.79%

I have a Dell XPS 400 running media center and am getting this same message. I have tried everyting I can think of including booting in safe mode and recovery to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Terry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-330492.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi, I hope you can help, I am getting the Stop error above with the following info also. Stop C000021a (fatal system error) the verification of a known DLL has failed, system process failed unexpededley with astatus exception of oxc0000007b (0x000f9700 ox00000000) the system has been shut down.
I cannot boot at all, not even safe mode or last known good configuration. my system is Win 7 64bit. If I run startup repair it doesn't fix it, if I try to run SFC /SCANNOW it wont as it says it has a repair pending.
Please help, and thanks in advance.
Regards Dave

A:Stop C000021a (fatal system error)

Hi

What is the last hardware change you made to the system ? . Did you recently installed any software or Windows update ?. There is a known Windows update which cause this issue -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011

Try restoring the system to a date prior to this is happened.  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495306/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

I have a laptop Sony VAIO model VGNFS with System Stop: {fatal C000021a Error} Mb RAm GHz intel processor it doesn t come with recovery cds u make it from the partition it comes with or recover C drive directly from there I ve been having this problem for a few days now and frankly i don t know what to do anymore at first i would get a message at start up saying Isass exe appliaction error the system failed to initialize properly click ok to terminate the program and then if would shut down or restart on its own after a few times i would get the following message STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logopn Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x The system has been shut down Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error} eventually i would be able to log in and the first message i would get is found new hardware ACPI uniprocessor Pc and then rebooth so the system change can take effect exept that rebooth might get me in the same problem i ve tried doing a system recovery and for a while it ws fine and it did it again sometimes it would freeze at the vaio screen i just performed another c drive recovery and at the first start up I got that blue screen again that thing is driving me nuts if anyone has a solution it will be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error}

No solution...but I think it would be wise...to make a recovery CD, per instructions from the system manufacturer.You may not always be able to access your hard drive or any partitions on it, the CD provides one more possibility of correcting whatever might be wrong (at that time).Complex error message, multiple possibilities for what might be the trigger. You might want to read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669/Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130020/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

hi i hope someone might have some useful suggestions to help me with a fatal problem i have just experienced with my acer travelmate intel duel core ghz running vista sp which was running ok when it was switched off however when i next tried to boot (FATAL c000021a SYSTEM STOP: ERROR) up i STOP: c000021a (FATAL SYSTEM ERROR) was met with the bsod with the following message STOP c a fatal system error the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x the system has been shut down i have tried to bootup using safe mode but the system just hangs on the logon i have also tried to bootup using the last good configuration but the system fails to finish booting and hangs on the logon similarly i have tried to boot to the c prompt but again the system hangs and fails to complete the boot i have not tried to boot with a resue disc or reinstall the os - the hdd contains valuable data that is not backed up and which i cannot really afford to lose so if anyone has so useful help or suggestions i would be very grateful - please just do not tell me that i should have backed up my data more regularly many thanks in anticipation of some good advice or suggestions best

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-645633.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi
When I boot up my computer with Win XP (SP2) my computer restart without giving any message. So I tried disabling restart if error arise. Then the problem identified was as

Stop C000021a {fatal system error}The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000, 0x0000000) The system has been shut down.

Does anyone have any idea to resove this problem? I even did not get any information from microsoft url.

with regards

A:Stop C000021a {fatal system error}

Maybe this will help.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317189

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.507703/
Relevancy 95.79%

stop c a fatal system error the session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x Windows XP SP My stop: system {fatal c000021a error} computer had recently been infected by one of the fake quot BUY OUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM YOUR COMPUTER IS DYING LOL quot viruses I removed it Security Suite I believe using safe mode and Malware Bytes I had no problem for about three days My computer has the trial version of Spyware Doctor antispyware and antivirus yadda yadda Can t afford REAL Antivirus at this time so I try to stop: c000021a {fatal system error} stay off the internet on the computer I was then trying to update stop: c000021a {fatal system error} Super Antispyware only to realize that the fake virus had IE set to a proxy server Super Antispyware wouldn y update I hadn t noticed that since I use firefox When I changed it back Super Antispyware DID update and I ran a scan using it While that was going on in the background I played Quake After about twenty minutes I was about to quite Quake and decided to see if it needed to update I m using my friends Quake with a CD Crack because he ran off on vacation with the game before I realized you had to input the key in a second time when you first run the game Yeah yeah I know you shouldn t do that I plan on reinstalling it when he gets back Anyway I hit the upate and it said it needed to update to something or other Then it went to desktop Only there was nothing on my desktop I hit alt-tab and accessed Super Antispyware which had finished it s scan I told it to clean things up and then it froze I couldn t access any other part of my desktop so I rebooted my computer via the second power button hold Now the computer crashes to bluescreen with the above error Safe mode gives the same error and the last working config also gives this error No idea what to do various other sites on the internet give solutions like RIP image folder or something but I can t change that due to not being able to access anything I d REALLY like to not have to reformat Granted I don t even know HOW to do that what with not being able to get into windows does anyone have any solutions or help Also I dunno if this matters or not but I also couldn t pull up any windows update websites and the like on that computer either nbsp

Relevancy 95.79%

Hi, I hope you can help, I am getting the Stop error above with the following info also. Stop C000021a (fatal system error) the verification of a known DLL has failed, system process failed unexpededley with astatus exception of oxc0000007b (0x000f9700 ox00000000) the system has been shut down.

I cannot boot at all, not even safe mode or last known good configuration. my system is Win 7 64bit. If I run startup repair it doesn't fix it, if I try to run SFC /SCANNOW it wont as it says it has a repair pending.

Please help, and thanks in advance.

Regards Dave

A:Stop C000021a (fatal system error)

Hi Dave and Welcome to TSF!

I'm not seeing any similar problems elsewhere, this may be unique to you :(

The suggestion in your thread elsewhere looks incorrect:
Quote:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xC000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has shutdown.

Note The status will always be 0xC000003a if you are experiencing the issue described here.

You are describing a oxc0000007b, so the issue isn't as described by MS.

Standard troubleshooting for 0xC000021A:
Quote:

Cause

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.

Mismatched system files can also cause this error. This can occur if you have restored your hard disk from a backup. Some backup programs might skip restoring system files that they determine are in use.
Resolving the Problem

Running the kernel debugger is not useful in this situation because the actual error occurred in a user-mode process.

Resolving an error in a user-mode device driver, system service, or third-party application: Because bug check 0xC000021A occurs in a user-mode process, the most common culprits are third-party applications. If the error occurred after the installation of a new or updated device driver, system service, or third-party application, the new software should be removed or disabled. Contact the manufacturer of the software about a possible update.

If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time. If this does not resolve the error, try manually removing the offending software. If the system partition is formatted with file allocation table (FAT), use an MS-DOS startup disk to gain access to the computer's hard disk. If the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty software. If the faulty software is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you need to start the computer using the Recovery Console in order to access the file. If a newly installed piece if hardware is suspected, remove it to see if this resolves the issue.

Try running the Emergency Recovery Disk (ERD) and allow the system to repair any errors that it detects.

Resolving a mismatched system file problem: If you have recently restored your hard disk from a backup, check if there is an updated version of the Backup/Restore program available from the manufacturer. Make sure the latest Windows Service Pack is installed.

The closest thread I can see otherwise might be Blue Screen -- c000021a The verification of a KnownDLL failed. - Microsoft Community which also deals with a DLL verification problem, there's an answer there that details forcing a disk check, also see page 2 - the suggestion at the top may be worth trying.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-695867.html
Relevancy 95.79%

I just bought a new computer from www Arbico co uk its a gaming computer which I also use for School coursework and it has LOTS of important information I've not saved onto my memory stick and I c000021a Error} System STOP: {Fatal need it back up and running The problem that I've encountered is -- STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x -- Which comes on a blue STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} screen before the login screen For the past week my computers Task bar Start Panel wont show just my background no icons I tried to fix it by uninstalling windows STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} internet explorer but it didn't help I uninstalled the application and now my computer is doing this - Restarts EVERYTIME just before it shows the logon screen and brings up a blue screen with this message STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc I CANNOT get onto safe mode and cannot get onto last known good configuration either and the caps are for those who always suggest start run because I explained I cannot even log on Can anyone please help me Thanks Evan

A:STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

I've just bought a new power supply and I will try it out now, I will post here if it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-345297.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi, I have a Dell Latitude E6500- Windows 7 Laptop - clean install fully updated. . After about an hour the machine will blue screen and need a manual reatart. Otherwise the machine performs fine. I ran Spinright, memtest86 with no errors. I removed the back plate and blew out the fan area. Any further troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. Also could not find any dump file on the system. See link for screen shot of BSOD

http:[email protected]/8166733268/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.1075898/
Relevancy 95.79%

Out of the "blue" and into the blue, here we go:

The Initial Command Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000001 (0x00000001 0x00010043c)

No way to "RE" Start in ANY mode, whatsoever, (Safe, Advanced, Normal, Network, or C prompt) just keeps looping around.

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Vista Home Basic

Kind thanks.

A:HELP!! STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

Originally Posted by speckled

Out of the "blue" and into the blue, here we go:

The Initial Command Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000001 (0x00000001 0x00010043c)

No way to "RE" Start in ANY mode, whatsoever, (Safe, Advanced, Normal, Network, or C prompt) just keeps looping around.

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Vista Home Basic

Kind thanks.

Basically you only have one option. boot from dvd, and either repair install or clean re-install
Can you give us more info on the hardware

Thanks

Ken J

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259879-help-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hello, today I've been messing with some software tools like defrag and registry cleaner then i restarted my pc and now im getting blue screen with this error: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00010828).The system has been shut down.I've already tried system recovery but it fails everytime aswell as the repair tool. Also I downloaded some important Windows 7 update today so I did a bit of googling and I found out that this type of error happened to some people after updating their windows. So I tried to delete the latest windows update using command prompt in system recovery optains but that says that im not authorized to do that even tho I logged in as administrator.I've got no idea what else to do can anyone help me with this?

Sounds as if you will need to do a system repair which requires the installation CD.  Registry tools can do far more damage then good!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525767/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi,
I'm using Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop. My laptop crashed after I did a big blunder. The os is windows XP Home Edition.

This is what I did:
To get rid of a start up error in psapi.dll after installing IE 7.0, per what I found in one of the forums, I renamed psapi.dll in my laptop. Installed latest version of Firefox broswer. By mistake I renamed this psapi.dll file under windows/system32 folder also. Later, when it prompted about windows log on alert, I clicked on yes (instead of no :(( ) and restarted my laptop.
Thats it my laptop got crashed. I get this below error now:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal system error}
the windows log on process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135

(0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down

Is there a solution to recover my OS & my laptop. I cannot login now at all.
Can anyone please help??

Thanks.

A:STOP: c000021a {Fatal system error}

do you have the recovery CD? have you tried doing a repair using that recovery CD? if you do not have the recovery CD, try the steps here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f108...tml#post839984

i hope you have a good back up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-250748.html
Relevancy 95.79%

My sons comp is showing this after replacing the processor, and we can't even get into safe mode or the recovery console, has anyone else experienced this problem, or even got a solution ?

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x0000000)

Please Help !

P.S I know i'm an established member BC but was just a little unsure as to where to post this thread, so i'll apologise now if this is in the wrong dept !
Thankyou for any help in Advance !

A:Stop : C000021a Fatal system error

System manufacturer and model?

The error reported...arises from many different causes. You can verify that by using Google for the designated error.

You will note that several persons suggest using a registry cleaner to "fix" the problems noted. I suggest that this is unwise advice and it's impossible since you cannot boot into Windows.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267059/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

I have a Windows XP laptop with SP Earlier today I was just browsing the internet nothing special and out of nowhere I began getting all these popups from my Avira Well since I had this problem before and I solved it by clicking on delete file on each popup and then scanning my computer I was planning on doing the same but the popups would not stop I tried opening up Task Manager to see if I could see a program running that wasn t supposed to be or whatever but my task manager would not come up Instead I System c000021a STOP: Fatal Error kept getting an error saying Task Manager could not start up because STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error of something registry error or I m not sure what it said I got scared and just forced it STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error to shut down When I tried to reboot I got the blue screen saying STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error STOP c la Fatal System Error The Windows Logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of Oxc Ox Ox The system has been shut down I have tried running Safe Mode booting from last configuration that worked I have tried nearly everything I have seen online from using the Recovery Console chkdsk bootcfg all those have copied the system files into tmp and tried to do what it said on the Windows website but nothing has changed I don t want to lose my files because there are important pictures from my niece when she was born and everything I have done through college I can t lose these files I seen somewhere that some people somehow are able to copy the files onto the usb and back them up This would be awesome so I could backup all my files on another computer and just reinstall Windows XP Is this possible Also I seen somewhere about a BartPE CD and since I have no other windows XP computer I was wondering if I could make this CD on a NON Windows XP computer and run it on my laptop My sister has a Vista and Windows computer If anyone knows it would help a lot Another thing I saw was that someone posted that they popped in the XP CD went into Install Windows options as if she was to reinstall XP and she got the option to repair the existing installation and someone else posted that they had the option of keeping the drive intact or something Does anyone know about this I don t know what else to do and I don t have the money to take it somewhere Any advice or help would be very very much appreciated

A:STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error

A repair installation will not affect your files, so this is one option. One other option it to try a System Restore. I'll provide you with instructions for both of these.System Restore.Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.Repair Installation.Boot the computer from the XP CD. You may need to change boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer: To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER. To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R. To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER. You do not want to choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R.Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair isn't one of the option end the installation, this will mean that you will need to do a fresh installation of XP.The repair will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot, the repair installation will continue after the reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339940/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi.

I've been trying to fix this for a couple of days now and I have run out of ideas.
The Microsoft logo appears and the loading bar but then the Blue screen and I cannot boot into Windows.
So far I have tried:-
Boot Last Known Configuration (BSOD)
Safe mode (BSOD)
Startup Repair (No errors found because technically its does boot...)
System Restore (No restore points)
Chkdsk
sfc /scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation(?))

Is there anything else I can try before I just reinstall Vista?
Thanks.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

This is a difficult BSOD to troubleshoot. Please start by running the free anti-malware stuff here (and then run the other tests as time allows): Hardware Diags

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-629956.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hey I have a Dell Dimension and I was recently going through my add remove programs list trying to clean up and get rid of some programs I didn't use anymore like google earth partypoker etc System c000021a Stop {Fatal Error} and I came across Yahoo Download Manager and figured I didn't need it and right when I Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} clicked remove my computer shuts down I am not sure how anything in this would have that kind of effect on my computer from removing or if it was just a coincidence I go to reboot it Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} and get the blue screen error message - Stop C a Fatal System Error The Windows logon Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The System has been shut down I cant boot Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} in safe mode or anything A guy on Dell's message board told me to run diagnostics and this is what i get - Drive ST AS- pass Drive No Device Drive HL-DT STDVD GDR - diagnostics not supported Drive SAMSUNGCD-R RVSW - diagnostics not supported I have no idea what this means and cant get a respond in their boards A friend did a little research and says it might have something to do with NET framework and this might make sense because I downloaded MLB TV Mosaic about minutes before this happened and during the download they made me install something with NET on it that I can specifically remember Any help will be GREATLY appreciated thanks

A:Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error}

you tried restarting using "last known good"?

repeatedly tap F8 during start up. Select last known good when it appears.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-148844.html
Relevancy 95.79%

I've been searching the internet and nothing has worked. Whenever I log in I get this error
I'm on my phone because my laptop took a dive (please see last thread) and now my desktop had done so as well.

It's a Dell Precision T5400
Win xp pro I believe

I tried starting in safe mode and doing a system restore.. didn't work and now when I try to boot in safe mode I get this same error.. I tried booting from a windows xp cd and I get another error saying (didnt write down anything but this sorry) systemroot\system32\restore\ntdll.dll

I'm on my phone so sorry for typos.if you need anything else from me let me know.

Halp please :'(

Hi Devil Im sorry to hear about this. Its an extremely complicated error and the fix is kind of technical. Heres a link that I think might help you.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1180578731

You are going to need access to another working computer with an active internet connection. I found this information by googling systemroot\system32\restore\ntdll.dll
You can also do that and you will find alot of info about this problem and what to do about it. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reguards
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-504349.html
Relevancy 95.79%

I have windows xp media center edition. The stop c000021a fatal sytem error message with a blue screen keeps coming up. The computer will not allow me to get to the start up menu. When first attempting to correct the problem I was able to get into Safe Boot Options Menu but still could not run Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, or Start Windows Normally. When I turn on the computer now and press F8 it makes a loud beep noise for as long as I hold it down then goes back to the blue screen. Please Help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-449960.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi i am using windows xp service pack2, While restart or shutdown the system, i am getting this error message.
STOP C000021a. Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process
terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000).

while i run the Symentec virus scan the following virus have been detected, very offenly
Trojan.Awax
Downloader
Trojan.Metajuan
Trojan Horse
Trojan.Pandex
While shutdown this system explorer.exe is not ending by its own, its promting for end now.

please any one suggest me, how to overcome this issue. i tried system recovery, but it didn't helped. i am not having XP os CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-system-fatal-error-320221.html
Relevancy 95.79%

I recently posted on here and got fast, great help. Now my friends computer is having trouble and I thought I would turn here again. Here is the issue.

When trying to boot I get the following blue screen:

The Verification of of a knownDLL failed, system process terminated unexpectedly, with a status of 0x0000020 (0x90ac4390 0x00000000).
Here is what I know about the laptop: It is a HP Pavillion dv6000, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 1500MHz, 2 gigs of memory, running Windows Vista. When I go into the bios I don't see the info on the hard drive.

Thank You in advanced for any help you can give!
-Daniel

Hi Daniel, Welcome to VF,

Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
Zip up the copy
Post it here

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/267983-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 95.79%

I have been having problems recently with my laptop The hard drive tends to stop functioning and then crash When I tried to reboot it said the operating system was not found So I decided to give the hard drive and the laptop a break to Error} c000021a - System {Fatal help? STOP: cool down and it worked great for a while then crashed again And then it asked me to start the windows repair and when I did it got a stop error asking bs to disable shadowing on the BIOS But I dont know how to disable it so I end STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} - help? up restating after waiting a bit I tried using safe mode but the boot up kept getting stuck at crcdisc sys and then later when I tried to use system repair I got this error STOP c a Fatal Systrm Error The initial session process of system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc x c The system has been shut down And I sit here with this stop error as I type this post I m using my iPod so I m sorry if I fail to type and I hope someone out there can help me I normally wouldn t ask for help but can t take anymore I give up I ll turn off the laptop and let it rest in case the hard drive is overheating nbsp

A:STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} - help?

I have a desktop PC and just ran into the same problem,

Any help on this topic would be much appreciated !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-help.979815/
Relevancy 95.79%

Help STOP: c000021a Fatal system error The session failure system proccess terminated Unexpectedly  status of 0xc000003xa(0x00000000 0x00000000 )  i got no disc or anything  just saying but help

A:Help. STOP: c000021a Fatal system error

Does the computer boot into boot at all in either Safe Mode or normally?

Please post the make and model of this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534188/help-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

Dell 4600 series Windows XPTurn on the computer get the start up screen then a BLUE SCREEN.Blue Screen says:Stop: C000021a (fatal system error)Session Manager Initialization System process terminated unexpectidely with a status oxc000026c (0xc00000000 0xc00000000).This system has been shut down.I can't even get to Safe Mode. I tried to boot to last good configeration and doesn't change.Need some ideas.... I have read the forums and it seems that it might be a virus or something, but having problems getting to somewhere I can start cleaning. I have all the disks that came with the computer.Thanks...Tina

A:Stop: C000021a (fatal system error)

The error refers to the fact that the SMSS.EXE service was unable to load for some reason.Since you're not able to boot to Windows you'll have to look to either a repair install or a wipe and reinstall of Windows.For the repair install, read this first if you have IE7 installed: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964Then use this procedure for the repair install: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189681/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

I was trying to install nero multimedia suite 10 when my computer just turned itself off and restarted. then i got blue screen saying :-

STOP : c000021a (fatal system error ) the windows subsystem system process terminatted unexpectedly with a status of 0 c0000005

computer is still working ok ( touch wood ) but it logged the fatal error and now im abit worried its a serious problem?

any help guys?

ps i dont have a windows disk

A:STOP : c000021a (fatal system error )

Hi Tizza. Im not sure how technical you are but heres what this error means:

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:
Mismatched system files have been installed.
A Service Pack installation has failed.
A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

Heres a link if a fix is needed: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;156669

You said the computer is working ok so I think your probably alright. I feel like a broken record because this is the 3rd time in 3 days I told someone to do this to fix a problem LOL. But its easy and it works. Do a system restore back to a date before this happened
since your able to boot up and your computer is still working. To do this go to start - programs - accessories - system tools - system restore. Select a highlighted date from before you got this message. Select system check point from the right and follow the on screen prompts. Make sure when your computer reboots it says that the system restore was successful and youll be ok my friend. Let me know if you need anymore help or if for some reason this doesnt fix your problem. Take care

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-500719.html
Relevancy 95.79%

I need some help.
Yesterday I restarted my computer (Dell Inspiron 700 m) and afeter i while and before windows beginns it appearce in a blue screen this massage:

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

Theres nothing I can do, I all ready try to start it in safe mode and to repair it with the windows cd, when I try tha last one I have to write a administrator password, wich my computer doesn?t have.

can some one help me?

A:STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) HELP!

G'Day 3.14p, and Welcome to TSF!

Quote:

Theres nothing I can do, I all ready try to start it in safe mode and to repair it with the windows cd, when I try tha last one I have to write a administrator password, wich my computer doesn?t have.

You do not need to enter an Administrator Password here, you just need to hit the ENTER key to continue with the Repair Installation.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-help-117726.html
Relevancy 95.79%

STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shutdown Hello yesterday I ran a scan on my computer and it found some registry fixes and infected files in the boot section After I successfully removed the problems everything went fine The moment I decided to restart my computer it asked me if I wanted to check my disks usually I ignore these but since it was almost time for me to go to sleep I agreed Early in the morning I turned on my computer and then I got a BSOD this surprised me since I never get these I need your help in fixing this error and I appreciate anyone who has the time to help me REMEMBER I have no access to command prompts I'm on a different computer No access to Safe Mode No CD ROMS No Floppy disks This BSOD appears after Windows load up Example In order it goes - gt Motherboard logo Additional info on hardware Windows load up BSOD Once again thank you to anything who can help me STOP: Error} System c000021a {Fatal and I appreciate anyone who attempts to fix this Have a nice day EDIT Sorry if this is in the wrong section please do not remove this and if anyone is able to move it to the STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} right section

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-364145.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hope someone here can help me with {FATAL STOP: ERROR} c000021a SYSTEM this STOP: c000021a {FATAL SYSTEM ERROR} problem I would greatly appreciate it Cause if I don t get this fixed my family is going to drive me -nuts- So let s see This is a family PC has XP sees a lot of action downloads etc It s about two years old I would guess There s often the occasional bug or pest but nothing major Then yesterday there was a virus somethingBird not blackbird though I came into take a look at it Symantec did its thing cleaned it said to reboot Upon reboot the desktop went blank no icons just the wallpaper So I rebooted it again got this evil blue screen STOP c a FATAL SYSTEM ERROR The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down It will not restart in safe mode always go back to the blue screen with the error message I cannot access at all at this point and have now spent two hours scouting the internet on my laptop trying to find some sort of solution for this Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.990734/
Relevancy 95.79%

Just few minutes ago i got this blue screen and i know the blue screen isnt a good sign!
i have had this error twice now, second time i thought i better ask people on techguy what to do.
this is the blue screen error that i had -

any suggestions what to do?

Sorry.. just noticed i didnt catch all the computer screen in the picture,

Relevancy 95.79%

i have seen many posts about this error not just on bc but on many other sites but my Error} Stop:c000021a {fatal System problem is a bit different on the other forums that ive seen people have been getting this error message after changing an option in windows that requires them to reboot but mine isnt like that at all but i should start from the beginning one day i turned on my computer at first it booted up normally just the way it always did Stop:c000021a {fatal System Error} exept when my desktop wallpaper comes up everything stops the computer isnt frozen or anything just nothing happens so i decided to try task manager and on the current tasks there was nothing so i went to the process tab and all the processes were there but they all showed on the disk usage column the only one that had a number was system idle process and it was at i knew i couldent fix the problem withought getting into my computer and even a boot in safe mode did the same thing so in task manager i selected new task and went to a few different things i found that using new task to select my computer from deskto brought up my icons and everything went well but is still had to fix the problem after doing every sing virus scan adware scan spyware scan and whatnot nothing worked at all so i said screw it and i went to pc help and tools in my programs list in the start menu and i selected system recovery because my Stop:c000021a {fatal System Error} computer did not come with recovery disks or diskettes it said that i had to restart my computer so i obliged and when my computer restarted it showed the pc recovery loading screen its just black with a white status bar so after that fineshed i saw the HP invent screen with a loading bar wich is the starting of the recovery but after it fineshed loading i got the bsod wich said Stop c a fatal system error the Stop:c000021a {fatal System Error} windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x the system has been shut down my system is still usable however to get onto my desktop i still must use task manager and all i want to do is use system recovery my computer specs are HP Invent Microsoft Windows Xp Media Center Edition i do not have any recovery cd i do not have a floppy disk drive i do not have a windows xp install disk i have service pack any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Stop:c000021a {fatal System Error}

The error message means that the security of the operating system has been compromised and that it was shut down because security could no longer be guaranteed.

What make and model computer is this?
Do you have a recovery partition on your hard drive?
Have you scanned for viruses or malware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106439/stopc000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

hey guys wondering if u could help me repair my mac pro with xp x64. I rebooted after uninstalled an antivirus and i got this error prior to the login screen.

"c000021a STOP: {Fatal System Error} The Windows Login Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc00000080 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down".

Awh i know i can just boot in the xp x64 cd and format/reinstall, but i had alot of important stuff on the drive that i would like to to save. So is there away to fix it,I dont see a repair option in my xp x64 setup cd. Now ive tried hooking up the drive to an external connector and tried accessing some of the data, but its all locked.

A:XP X64 and STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

do you have goback installed on the machine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-x64-and-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-177998.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hello, today I've been messing with some software tools like defrag and registry cleaner then i restarted my pc and now im getting blue screen with this error:
The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00010828).

I've already tried system recovery but it fails everytime aswell as the repair tool. Also I downloaded some important Windows 7 update today so I did a bit of googling and I found out that this type of error happened to some people after updating their windows. So I tried to delete the latest windows update using command prompt in system recovery optains but that says that im not authorized to do that even tho I logged in as administrator.
I've got no idea what else to do can anyone help me with this?

I doubt it will be the Windows Update that caused the problem, or a lot of people would have been reporting the same problem. It is more likely to be damage caused by the registry cleaner, registry cleaners can often cause more problems than they fix and are not required to keep your system running smoothly, don't use them. That being said I have not known of a registry cleaner to cause such a drastic problem.

Have you tried booting to the Advanced Options using the F8 key and selecting Last Known Good Configuration?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.1120803/
Relevancy 95.79%

PLEASE HELP !!!

Have a second hand computer windows xp professional ( hp zd8000 ).

Turned it on and got :

windows xp stop c000021a fatal system error status of 0xc0000135 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000).

What do I do ? I am not a computer expert but this is not good at all !

Any help would be "GREATLY" appreciated.

Thanx !!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-343937.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Sir,
I have installed a 3rd party firewall on
my laptop in windows xp sp3
after installing complete my laptop
shows me a message after 30
seconds when i start up my laptop the message shows (STOP: c000021a
{Fatal System Error} The windows
subsystem system process terminated
unexpectedly with a status of
0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x0052ec24)
system has been shut down.) PLEASE SIR HELP ME I HAVE IMPORTANT
DATA ON MY LAPTOP.

Relevancy 95.79%

Hi all I m looking for any suggestions for a system error message I ve just started getting When I try to start my pc I get as far as the Windows logon screen and System C000021a Error} {fatal Stop: then it hangs with Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error} this message Stop c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I tried to get into safe mode and also tried quot Use last known good Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error} configuration quot without success Is this a software or hardware issue and can I try anything before reloading the operating system If I have to try to reload will I lose everything on the drive This is an older pc - Compaq Presario approx years old running WindowsXP Home sp and had all available updates I haven t added or removed any software recently The only thing unusual in the recent past was a power outage two days ago but it was running fine yesterday Today I played World of Warcraft for a short Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error} time then downloaded updates for SuperAntiSpyware and Adaware shut the pc down and when I tried to turn it on started getting this message I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have If it comes to an operating system reload I d be grateful for any suggestions for saving existing data on the drive Thanks in advance

I'd suggest taking a look at a few of the links below:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=X...amp;btnG=SearchSeems to be a varied phenomenon, which means it will probably take time to resolve.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154649/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

I have a DELL Inspiron E1705, with Windows XP, service pack2.
I get STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).

I tried the F8 key & restart Last Known Good Configuration. Doesn't work.

I need help.
Thanks

Hello maca93

Had you just made any changes such as installing a program/Updates or updating drivers?

Try a System Restore from Safe Mode.
Press F8 to boot to the Safe Mode Options screen
Select
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully System Restore will open so pick a date a few days ago

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-231332.html
Relevancy 95.79%

PLEASE HELP !!!

Have a second hand computer windows xp professional ( hp zd8000 ).

Turned it on and got :

windows xp stop c000021a fatal system error status of 0xc0000135 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000).

What do I do ? I am not a computer expert but this is not good at all !

Any help would be "GREATLY" appreciated.

Thanx !!!

A:stop c000021a fatal system error

I had the same thing. Turned out my hard drive had alot of SMART errors.
Bye, bye HD! It was a Western Digital, the second WD that went bad, do not trust them anymore.

Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-343940.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi,

The other day we found a computer giving this error and continuosly resetting:
 The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown

We reviewed kb156669 and it says some causes:
•Mismatched system files have been installed:  "No as far as we know"
•A Service Pack installation has failed:  "No as far as we know"
•A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use:  "No as far as we know"
•An incompatible third-party program has been installed: "No as far as we know"

We resolved the problem copying the folder system32 from a new computer to the old but the question is if someone know how to troubleshoot this and to know exactly the cause.

Thanks in advance.

The previous person that used it might have added dual boot with linux and edited the .Ini boot file.

You understand that the system32 folder contains a folder called drivers, which contains the drivers related to the software installed on the operating system?

So basically copying the system32 folder from another pc, and expecting all software to run fine is not going to work out well for you.
For example, here i have 2 pcs, pc A and pc B.
Pc A has avast and malwarebytes software installed.  Pc B has Microsoft security essentials and SuperAntiSpyware installed.  How could i expect the system32 folder from pc A, to have the correct drivers for pc B?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565812/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

As always it s a long story so I ll try to stick to just the pertinent details Apologies in advance if I miss anything or if it s a bit disjointed I have a GB SSD OCZ to replace the GB HDD in my laptop I ve copied the files over and tried to rebuild all the boot records etc I m now getting the BSoD STOP c a Fatal System Error The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc a x x The system has been shut down It is a single partition on the SSD drive It starts at a MB offset Going into the Startup Repair simply yields quot Checking Disk for Errors quot then tells me Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically When I do sfc scannow offbootdir C offwindir C WindowsIt tells me it may take some time before saying quot Windows Resource Fatal Error System STOP: c000021a Protection could not perform the requested operation quot - this is in a startup repair quot Administrator quot CMD window don t forget Also it happens after two or three seconds - on a SSD so it might be trying to fix something and STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error can t The windows installation comes from the old hard drive using Easeus partition manager The old HDD had four partitions MB bootloader GB C Boot Win home premium bit GB D Recover GB diagnostics which I never even knew were there I d just cloned the boot partition to the SSD using Easeus Then I used GPARTED to move the partition to the MB offset Then I used EasyBCD to fix the bootloader I need help identifying the cause of the BSoD and how to fix it The BSoD only appears for long enough to read when I turn off restarts in the screen that offers safe mode Additional information about getting to this state may not be relevant I have a vista laptop available for working on the SSD and the old HDD and two USB to SATA bridges I tried using quot Drive copy quot on Easeus PM but it made the MB partition GB and oversized the other partitions too This approach worked perfectly - was able to boot up and use the SSD However booting failed later after I tried shrinking or deleting the partitions The old HDD used to have a WUBI based Ubuntu installation I uninstalled but it didn t appear to get rid of it from the boot loader properly At the time it never caused a problem so I didn t care One of the things I ve tried is using EasyBCD to get rid of any remnants of Ubuntu from the bootloader but I ve done something wrong because the old HDD won t boot now either All the data is present on the old HDD and the SSDI have made a repair DVD but there are no Win discs just the recovery partition I made backup images using the built-in tool in Windows Big mistake It only backed up the lettered drives The diagnostics and boot loader aren t saved I think the cause of the problem might be to do with drive letters I had the quot autochk not found quot problem that is mentioned elsewhere It seems to be just a chkdsk being put in the registry as standard during repair routines Deleting it from the registry does not affect the outcome except that the message no longer appears briefly before the reboot Thanks for reading asssuming you got this far and thanks for any help offered

A:STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error

First thing I understand is that you are using a OCZ boot SSD?Then if so go here and check for a firmware upgrade. OCZ SSD Firmware Updates and Tools With OCZ it is very important to be running he latest firmware. Second thing is that although I have cloned my Boot Partitions successfully they fulfilled two conditions.1. They were the only partition on the drive.2. I was using Intel SSDs. I used the Both The Intel and the Easeus todo for that purpose.3. OCZ recommends a clean Install.I suggest going here to their forums and selecting the one for your model drive and reading.From My reading The latest firmware and a clean install is helpful.I do have one OCZ 90Gb I use for playing since it was cheap. I did update it's firmware to 2.22. I did a clean Install and it seems stable, Knock wood. My Intels have many more hours, they cost a lot more too howeverIf your old Boot Drive was reliable then It has to be either the firmware or the way you tinkered with the drive after the clone process. I remember that Easeus had a box to check when cloning a SSD. Try re-cloning the drive and check the SSD box and see how that works for a while. Reliable?I've cloned I cloned four computers and did not have to do anything to get them to boot. I'm not sure what happened except that the fact that you had to fix it to get it to boot implies a problem with the cloning.Good LuckRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468773/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

The machine started to cycle on and off while on the internet. It went down and the blue screen appeared as the WINDOWS XP was loading. It got to loading personal settings and crashed.
Stop: c000021a {fata system error}
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with the status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

This is the family PC with everything loaded onto it. All photos and kids homework. I dont want to lose this data.

HELP!

Please

Relevancy 95.79%

Greetings,
I found this thread regarding the error I'm getting on a client's computer:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...up-516556.html

I did not do all the things he did, but I've managed to clean the hard drive enough to where I briefly reach the desktop (in regular and safe modes) before receiving the exact same error. So, I cannot run any of the preliminary analysis programs on that hard drive unless they work with the infected drive as an external drive--I have an IDE SATA-to-USB adapter (and have backed up my data).

The problem arose after scanning with the free AVG program. I've rescanned the drive with Kaspersky several times and Kas thinks it's clean. I'm not convinced.

Infected computer:
DELL Optiplex GX260
WinXP pro SP3

Computer used to access drive:
DELL Optiples GX260
WinXP pro SP2

Can you help? Thanks so much!
-Andy English

UPDATE: during process of backing up some more files, reached I/O error on drive. Is it salvageable?
-Andy English

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-517636.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hello I need help fixing my computer C000021a Error... System Stop: Fatal When I turn it on it appears to boot fine the XP thing Stop: C000021a Fatal System Error... runs and seemingly goes on with no problems A few moments later a black screen comes up like it normally does but then my computer makes a sort of weird sound as if it were going into sleep mode but still on and then a blue screen appears with these words Stop c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I am using a Dell Dimension E and Windows Xp I think I have Media Center Edition but I may have professional This happend on March and I was using Microsoft Office Word I turned my computer off by the power button and turned it backed on When I did so I was greeted with this problem I am currently using my Ps to type this It s quite tedious Please help if you can

A:Stop: C000021a Fatal System Error...

Try to enter in windows Safe mode and try to restore your computer last date. because it might be problem in Windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213198/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

This is long but stick with me The message quot Stop c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with System c000021a {Fatal Error} Stop: a status of xc s x x The system has been shut down quot willappear on the blue screen of death Sometimes a popup message will Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error} appear before quoting quot winlogon experienced a problem and must be terminated Press OK to terminate press cancel to debug If I don t push anything my computer will go on running fine If Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error} I press OK cancel or the X on the top right the computer will display another message saying the quot memory cannot be read quot if I get to this point my computer will undoubtedly fail If I leave the second message be it will duplicate itself over and over again freezing my computer and eventually displaying the message at the top of this form If I hit OK or the X it will go to that message at the top anyway it is usually trigged by logging on from hibernate or stand by after the computer was on hibernate for a long time and suddenly put back on and turned off to hibernate again That last sentence simplified Computer Hibernation hours Computer turned on - Hours Computer hibernation or stand by less than min on again Error message displayed in - min after rd use I m not sure I can get more specific from my personal explanation If anyone understands that please let me know whats happeing nbsp

A:Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Welcome,

Do you have GoBack running on that PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.523382/
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi I m new here and I need help About a month or two ago I got the quot Blue Screen of Death quot that said the following Stop C a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of XC X X Error (Fatal Stop C000021a System The system has been shut down I don t know how this happened but I have a hunch I accidentally installed that trojan Personal Antivirus onto my SONY VAIO laptop after tryng to exit out of the dialog box that advertised it Everysince then it had been lagging saying that there were several viruses in it and even not letting me enter the Internet Then Stop C000021a (Fatal System Error one day I turned it on and it rebooted by itself and when it did that blue screen came out Eversince then I was not able to go into my desktop and only the loading screen I learned that by pressing F and choosing Safe Mode worked for many people but it didn t for me It Stop C000021a (Fatal System Error would change to Safe Mode but I could not get any further than the loading screen when the screen woud pop up Desparate I tried everysingle option on the Windows Adavnced Options Menu but all of them had the same results Can someone PLEASE help me Oh and one more question if there IS a way to fix my computer is it possible to fix it without losing any files and programs in the computer Please reply ASAP I really need need the help thnx VampChik

A:Stop C000021a (Fatal System Error

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255598/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

Hey guys I have a problem. I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a laptop that has not been able to boot the last few days. The error message I get when starting is:

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).

There is no reference to what caused this, and I am unable to boot in safe mode. any help would be most appreciatve.

Have you tried "Last Known Good Configuration" from the Safe Mode menu?If that doesn't work insert your Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.Type: chkdsk /rIt's important to have a space before the "/".To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163137/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 95.79%

hi i am running windows xp home and when im starting my pc this error comes up in a blue screen:

The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

i dunno how to solve it... any help would be greatly apprieciated.. thank you .

Ryan ~vodka4life~

A:STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)

Try a System Restore from a command prompt, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279736

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.641440/
Relevancy 95.79%

Hello,
I am getting this problem at the time of loading. After windows boot screen suddenly it shows the following-
"autochk program not found...Skipping Auto Check". It then immediately goes
to the blue screen with the following message:

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminiated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down."

Previously at time of log on it was showing ntoskrnl.exe corrupt or missing. so from recovery console I used expand command to overwrite the file in windows\system32 by using a XP installation CD.
After this I am getting this error.
I have windows XP SP3 that I upgraded from SP2 version that I have on my installation CD.
Please tell me remedy to solve this problem, I dont want to format, because it would a time consuming process and all settings and software will be gone.

Relevancy 95.79%

Recently I copied amp resized some partitions from drive to another - one contains Win SE another XP Pro the others files etc However when I tried to boot I got the dreaded blue screen with a system error x B Then tried to do a repair installation but halfway thru it rebooted then went to blue screen with error quot Stop c A fatal system error quot Now get the same error each time I boot and attempts to retry the repair installation end with same error I ran TestDisk and it said one of the partitions had a quot Bad Sector Count quot and had a quot Bad Relative Sector quot message All the files appear to be intact when I view them The report I get from TestDisk says Partition Start End Error c000021a Stop: Fatal - System Size in Sections FAT P FAT P FAT P FAT Partition has quot Bad Sector Count quot amp quot Bad Relative Sector quot I really don t want to have to reinstall XP Pro - it will be an absolute pain Can anyone tell Fatal System Error - Stop: c000021a me how to fix these errors nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-system-error-stop-c000021a.710675/
Relevancy 95.79%

I am currenting Running XP Home Version Service Pack on a Dell My Problem is whenever I switch users My wife and I share the same machine I get the following Error with the blue screen of death STOP C a Fatal System Error The Session Manager system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc ox x ff d x ef The System has been shutdown This has been happening for the last weeks My Hijack log is as follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Error} STOP: C000021a {Fatal HELP! System system services exe C WINDOWS STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error} HELP! system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error} HELP! exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System nfscsrv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C PROGRA TUN COMMON ESLCBCST EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - Hosts dbdevnet O - Hosts dbfire O - HKLM Run checkrun C windows system elitelyz exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button ATI TV - DFF- E- edc-B C- E CD C - C Program Files ATI Multimedia tv EXPLBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF D - B- D -A E- B CoGSManager Class - http gamingzone ubisoft com dev packages GSManager cab O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr cabs FPDC cab O - DPF BA C -DAE - CE - BB- C A F B GSDACtl Class - http launch gamespyarcade com software launch alaunch cab O - DPF A - C- E - B- D EC D CRAVOnline Object - http www ravantivirus com scan ravonline cab O - Protocol vskype - no CLSID - no file O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online Inc - C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS SYSTEM ati sgag exe O - Service Esker License Control EskerLicenseControl - Esker - C PROGRA TUN COMMON ESLCBCST EXE O - Service Esker FTPD ftpds - Esker - C PROGRA TUN TCPW WFTPDSNT EXE O - Service IAA Event Monitor IAANTMon - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe O - Service LexBce Server LexBceS - Lexmark International Inc - C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE O - Service Esker LPD lpds - Esker - C PROGRA TUN TCPW WLPDSNT EXE O - Service Esker NFSD nfsds - Esker - C PROGRA TUN TCPW WNFSDSNT EXE O - Service Esker NFS Network Provider TunNfsNP - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System nfscsrv exe O - Service WAN Miniport ATW Service WANMiniportService - America Online Inc - C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe O - Service TridiaVNC Server winvnc - Tridia Corporation - C Program Files TridiaVNC win WinVNC exe O - Service X Device Network Service x nets - Unknown owner - C PROGRA ATIMUL RemCtrl x nets exe file missing Anyone have any solutions - other th... Read more

A:STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error} HELP!

I have followed the instructions on the thread
Elite Toolbar - I'm in H*LL, Pleasse Help!~
(since I think I have the Elite Toolbar Problem also)
I downloaded and ran Ad-Aware SE Personal and SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY
Hear is my HiJackThis Log after running the above
Please advise me what to remove thanks anyone who can help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:04:36 AM, on 7/8/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nfscsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\COMMON\ESLCBCST.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O1 - Hosts: 209.114.249.189 dbdevnet
O1 - Hosts: 209.114.249.180 dbfire
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\windows\system32\elitelyz32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} - C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\tv\EXPLBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {27527D31-447B-11D5-A46E-0001023B4289} (CoGSManager Class) - http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/dev/packages/GSManager.cab
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cab
O16 - DPF: {70BA88C8-DAE8-4CE9-92BB-979C4A75F53B} (GSDACtl Class) - http://launch.gamespyarcade.com/software/launch/alaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {A3009861-330C-4E10-822B-39D16EC8829D} (CRAVOnline Object) - http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab
O18 - Protocol: vskype - (no CLSID) - (no file)
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Esker License Control (EskerLicenseControl) - Esker - C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\COMMON\ESLCBCST.EXE
O23 - Service: Esker FTPD (ftpds) - Esker - C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\TCPW\WFTPDSNT.EXE
O23 - Service: IAA Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Esker LPD (lpds) - Esker - C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\TCPW\WLPDSNT.EXE
O23 - Service: Esker NFSD (nfsds) - Esker - C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-help.378371/
Relevancy 95.79%

hello,while playing games online, my system gets shutdown and if i restart, i will be getting " STOP:c000021a [fatal system error]" over blue screen. in order to start, i have to do restart several times..
any body can tell me how to fix this and what is actually ment by fatal system error? waiting for help..

A:STOP:c000021a [fatal system error]

Boot in safemode with networking and follows these instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194554-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 95.79%

My pc, OS windows xp home edition sp3, keeps booting on startup, I can't open in safe mode and I get this error

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc00000135 (0x00000000 0x0000000)

and also my pc is Dell Dimension 2350 and didn't come with the XP discs
any help will be appreciated

A:Stop:c000021a (fatal system error) please help

download and burn this file to a blank CD and then boot from it.
http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso

Once booted, run chkdsk /r and then reboot and see if that helps at all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-please-help-602766.html
Relevancy 95.79%

I've just got this error on my laptop which was working yesterday but after multiple restarts I ca get no further

A:stop: c000021a {fatal system error}

You may want to look Microsoft's MSDN System Error Codes reference

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-255433.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Im having this error message after bootup
"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown"
I've tried all booting options and still get blue screen right after the Windows xp startup screen appears...

I cannot even go to safe mode command prompt mode...system shuts down immediately...i have already tried to do what microsoft kb says about this error...i did it with normal xp bootable disc...the article says,
"1. At a command prompt, type System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe -I, and then press ENTER.
This command configures Dr. Watson as the default system debugger.
2. At a command prompt, type System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe, and then select the following options:
Append to existing log file
Create crash dump
Visual Notification
how to do these steps? i cannot get to system 32 directory...please advise...thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-430778.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi,

Yesterday I did a system restore on my pc and there was a powercut. Since then I've not been able to get to the desktop - it just keeps rebooting and when I disabled the automatic restart I got the STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} message.

I've tried to start it in safe mode (all the options) and it won't - it just reboots again. I've tried the last known good configuration option to have it reboot again.

I use Windows XP

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,
Karen

Relevancy 95.79%

I use Windows XP. I somehow got the vundo.gen.k Trojan.

McAfee Total Protection was not able to remove it.

I downloaded Spybot S&D, also no help.

I downloaded Avast! free antivirus. That worked, but seemed to make my computer run slowly. So I uninstalled Avast! and Spybot S&D. Now I cannot logon to my computer. When I trun on my computer I get this message:

Floppy diskette seek failure Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

When I hit the F1 key, I get the blue screen:

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a Status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

Please help!

I cannot logon in safe mode, either.

A:Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error} help

http://webtoolsandtips.com/remove-trojan/how-to-remove-trojanvundo-uninstall-vundogeng-free/ describes why you cannot boot in any mode without the virus also loading. I am not necessarily recommending you take the link on that site to download the claimed remover. Some of these links can easily download complete trouble themselves.

You first need to create a bootable CD with as much of the removal programs on it as you can find. Now a bootable CD cannot be infected, so at least you will be able to manually delete any of the files listed in the above link. That is a start. Then go to the forum 'security and the Web' on this site and start following the links.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-help.114432/
Relevancy 95.17%

hey im all of a sudden gettign an error that goes to a nlue screen and at the top left hand it says :

"Stop: c000021a (fatal system error)
the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status o
the system has been shut down"

need help asap!!

Relevancy 94.55%

Hey This week I managed to get my old disfunctioning internet didn t work anymore pc working again (Fatal - STOP: Error) 0xc0000135 c000021a System So because of this I started cleaning it up by uninstalling old programs However somewhere during the STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) - 0xc0000135 process I received a pop-up from windows saying new updates were installed and I should restart my pc I did but now it s no longer starting up Just before the log in screen it gets interrupted by a BSOD reading the message STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows logon Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system had been shut down I tried restarting in all modes available but all with the same error Resetting the bios to default didn t work either In fact I don t mind if I have to reinstal windows still have the cd and serial but I do would like to recover my serials from Office and Nero Burning rom lost those somewhere Any ideas how I can make this work Thanks a lot -Sliver nbsp

Relevancy 94.55%

Are you able to follow - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

A:BSOD: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error]

I am not able to boot into windows at all. I get the BSOD during a normal boot, a safe mode boot, and a command prompt boot. Is there a way for me to create a dump file without being able to boot into windows? I can pull up the safe mode menu, but any selection I make has the same results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308976-bsod-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 94.55%

My parents recently STOP C000021a Start-Up System on {Fatal Error} purchased a new computer that came with Vista Home pre-installed Everything had been going smoothly until yesterday when on starting the computer it got to the Windows logo screen and reset itself It then gave the option of going into Repair Mode however this resulted in a message that the computer was unable to fix itself Reviewing the log showed this Quote Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature STOP C000021a {Fatal System Error} on Start-Up NoRootCause Problem Signature CorruptVolume Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Chkdsk Problem Signature OS Version Locale ID After getting this message I tried booting the computer in Safe Mode to turn off the auto-reset of failure option Doing so let the computer boot but it ended a blue screen with this message Quote STOP STOP C000021a {Fatal System Error} on Start-Up C a Fatal System Error The NT Initial Command Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I have tried everything I can think of to remedy the problem including unplugging all USB devices but nothing seems to work Also there are no System Restore points to return to making it even harder From memory no Service Updates have been installed either The computer has the following stats Quote AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor MB DDR GB G Hard Drive NVidia GeForce GS Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:STOP C000021a {Fatal System Error} on Start-Up

I know that MS Vista updates came in on Jan 10 & Jan 11 -

Is it possible that you do not have Automatic Updates turned on?
Left-click Start button >> Control Panel >> Security

>> Windows Update "Turn automatic updating on or off"

This is my setting. . .

You also mentioned that there are no restore points for the System Restore. This system upon Vista setup defaults to restore. Therefore, it should be on. You may have gone into "System and Maintenance" >> "Backup and Restore" which is a user defined backup rather than a System Automated Backup.

Keep me posted, please... Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-on-start-up-211464.html
Relevancy 94.55%

Hi
I'm currently getting a blue screen every time I boot my laptop, even in safe mode.
I'm on a Lenovo IdeaPad U350
Windows 7 64bit
I have read a few places that it's possible that it could be a memory issue. I have taken out one stick at a time and tried booting, but I still get the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't have another computer to use in conjunction and this model does not have a cd drive. I'll attach a picture of the blue screen. Thank you!

Relevancy 94.55%

I am working on a HP Pavilion zv which crashes to blue screen seconds after boot After booting in safe mode and running Maleware Bytes Spybot S amp D and Dr {Fatal to STOP: Error} Crash System c000021a Web Crash to STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} Cure It I cant seem to get it back to normal When I try to run SD Fix it says Cannot load VDM IPX SPX support but finishes the scan although when it trys to reboot to finish the scan it cant because its not in safe mode and crashes partway through Spybot and the other programs come up clean when I run a scan DrWeb Cure It found issues and removed most of them except for - installer exe data and A data - it says cannot delete Write ProtectedThe blue screen reads STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x c c x ed The system has shutdown Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system admin or tech support for further assistance This is the Dr Web report SDFix exe SDFix apps Process exe C Documents and Settings Ag Desktop SDFix exe Tool Prockill SDFix exe C Documents and Settings Ag Desktop Archive contains infected objects Moved installer exe data C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temp USDR D M installer exe Trojan DownLoader installer exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temp USDR D M Archive contains infected objects Moved AtnvrsInstall exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YOZJP X Trojan Fakealert Deleted AtnvrsInstall exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YOZJP X Trojan Fakealert Deleted AtnvrsInstall exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YOZJP X Trojan Fakealert Deleted KvmSecure exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YOZJP X Adware Vapsup Moved KvmSecure exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YOZJP X Adware Vapsup Moved dnlsvc exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE O AN UB Trojan DownLoader Deleted dnlsvc exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE O AN UB Trojan DownLoader Deleted dnlsvc exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE O AN UB Trojan DownLoader Deleted dnlsvc exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE O AN UB Trojan DownLoader Deleted dnlsvc exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE O AN UB Trojan DownLoader Deleted dnlsvc exe C Documents and Settings Ag old Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE O AN UB Trojan DownLoader Deleted installer exe data C Documents and Settings Pete old Local Settings Temp USDR D M installer exe Trojan DownLoader installer exe C Documents and Settings Pete old Local Settings Temp USDR D M Archive contains infected objects Moved Dc mp C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Trojan WMALoader Cured Process exe C SDFix apps Tool Prockill Moved A exe C System Volume Information restore C A- EDD- BBB- CE- FFCBBDF C RP Tool Prockill Moved A exe data C System Volume Information restore C A- EDD- BBB- CE- FFCBBDF C RP A exe Trojan DownLoader A exe C System Volume Information restore C A- EDD- BBB- CE- FFCBBDF C RP Archive contains infected objects Moved A exe C System Volume Information restore C A- EDD- BBB- CE- FFCBBDF C RP Trojan Fakealert Deleted A exe C System Volume Information restore C A- EDD- BBB- CE- FFCBBDF C RP Trojan Fakealert Deleted A exe C System Volume Information restore C A- EDD- BBB- CE- FFCBBDF C RP Trojan Fakealert Deleted A exe C System Volume Information restore C A- EDD- BBB- CE- FFCBBDF C RP Trojan DownLoader Deleted A exe C System Volume Information restore C A- EDD- BBB- CE- FFCBBDF C RP Trojan DownLoader Deleted... Read more

A:Crash to STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230326/crash-to-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 94.55%

My daughters laptop shows a blue screen when booting up windows and then reboots. I opened in safe mode and ran a regcure program and it found some things, but still had the error message. Opened in last good configuration and now boots up without error message but all services have been disabled. Is there an easy way to restart all services? Exams start next week for her and I have a very short window to get this thing fixed so any help would be very much appreciated.

A:STOP:C000021a fatal system error oxc0000005

Hello SGMCGA

Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
On the General tab, click Normal startup.
Click OK.
Restart your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-oxc0000005-438436.html
Relevancy 94.55%

Really need help guys...

my comp went down this morning...

I was installing Windows xp upgrades (service pack 2 i think) when my PC did a reboot, but I got the message:

stop c000021a {fatal system error}
the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly.

I can F8 to the safe mode selection screen, but none of the selections will allow it to start windows - it returns to the error message.

I also dont have XP on disk as it was pre installed.

Have i lost all my hard drive?

any ideas guys?

Thanks in advanced

A:Help Needed... stop c000021a {fatal system error}

Try this http://healyourchurchwebsite.com/20...top-c000021a-fatal-system-error-with-knoppix/

Read very carefully

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.756562/
Relevancy 94.55%

I am working on a Compaq Presario F500, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53, 1 Gb RAM, PhoenixBIOS v. F.1F, and running Windows Vista. When I attempt to boot up the notebook it gets the following stop code and attempts to do a Startup Repair. This fails as well. I did a Primary Hard Disk Self Test in BIOS with a result of Fail #1 - 07.Stop Code: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The initial session or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x001005d0). The system has been shut down.I do not have a recovery disk or a Windows Vista disc.Suggestions?

A:Stop Code: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

If you know what HD is in the machine, you can try the manufacturer's tools. Download them & burn them to a CD. Boot the machine with the CD. If it's a seagate drive, their tools are worthless.How do you know when a politician is lying? His mouth is moving.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/stop-code-c000021a-fatal-system-error/13365.html
Relevancy 94.55%

hi i am running windows xp home and when im starting my pc this error comes up in a blue screen:

The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

i dunno how to solve it... any help would be greatly apprieciated.. thank you .

Ryan ~vodka4life~

A:[SOLVED] STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Do you have GoBack installed on your system? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316503

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-189589.html
Relevancy 94.55%

I am looking at a Dell XPS PC running XPPro SP2. When I try and boot it normally, I get the BSOD and an error message:

The Windows Login Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of
0xc0000005 (0x000000 0x000000).

If I try and boot into safemode I get a simular message. I ran the Dell hard drive diagnostics which returned no error. Any ideas on this one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-boot-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.555151/
Relevancy 94.55%

Please help me, im having a problem when im shutting down my computer, after i shut down it, it goes to the normal "WINDOWS is shutting down" but the problem is after that a BSOD will appear with a note saying:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
the system is shut down.

I tried scanning vundo and comboscan but it didn't work. What will i do.

A:STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} when shut down

There are some windows file corrupted or infected.

Try to repair it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-when-shut-down-439841.html
Relevancy 94.55%

I have been having some issues with various BSOD's I listed my most previous BSOD here on the forums and thought that I might have had this BSOD issue fixed well hopefully - it was related to AVG and possibliy conflicting with MSE as no virus db was listed you can see it here on the forum sevenforums com crashes-debugging -bsod html post Desktop System Details System C000021A BSOD {Fatal - Error} Stop: System Manufacturer Model Number ACPI x -based PC OS Microsoft Windows Professional -bit OEM CPU Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Motherboard Intel Cold Lake DH CL BSOD - Stop: C000021A {Fatal System Error} Memory GB DDR - DDR SDRAM Graphics Card s AMD Radeon HD Series Sound Card N A Monitor s Displays LG Flatron W T Screen Resolution x recommended Hard Drives WDC WD FAEX- BA GB IDE WD Ext HDD USB Device GB USB PSU N A Case Thermaltake Armor Jr Cooling N A BSOD - Stop: C000021A {Fatal System Error} Keyboard Logitek K generic Mouse Generic Internet Speed Cable Other Info OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX DMI BIOS Vendor Intel Corp DMI BIOS Version BLH H A BSOD Overview On Friday I installed 'AIDA Extreme Edition' updated 'LG Flatron W T' drivers and Microsoft completed an 'critical update' at which point this BSOD began to happen Quote autochk program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK Stop C A Fatal System Error The initial process or system process terminated unexpectedly with status x xC x C The System has been shut down I have been taking the following steps to get the system back up but it only lasts so long before it either 'freezes' when I am initiating a program like 'Windows NT BSOD jcgriff ' or gets another Bluescreen as it pops into screen saver both requiring the system to be 'powered off' manually The system is one I have purchased in the last -days and I am kind of thinking my old faithful XP Pro box was definitely at lot more stable than my new Windows box The steps I have taken have been Startup Repair which gives me a 'windows cannot repair this computer automatically ---- gt send information about this problem The problem signature I am presented is the following Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature BadDriver OS Version LocaleID Other problem signatures have included Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause System Restore which once completed gives the original 'autochk program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK' message and the BSOD C A Restore from System Image Backup by going back to an physical system image gets the box back up for an short period until the next BSOD and I have to power down manually If anyone can help I would be greatly appreaciate it it is becoming a bit of a pain in the backside and I am starting to lose my mind Also I am imagining that I am going to have to take the box back to the supplier and say 'Oi mate based on your recommendation I've got a gift for you bend over' it does not paint a 'happy mental picture' Thanks in advance

A:BSOD - Stop: C000021A {Fatal System Error}

Perfmon shows that you have networking issues and Microsoft Security Essentials (MSSE) issues. I suspect that the MSSE issues will fix themselves - but we'll uninstall/reinstall just to be sure.

First, go to Device Manager...Network Adapters and right click on any of the following devices and select "Uninstall":
- Teredo
- ISATAP
- 6to4
- unknown
Once that's done, reboot the system and the devices will automatically reinstall if needed (in most cases they aren't needed and they don't come back).

Then, download a fresh copy of Microsoft Security Essentials (MSINFO32 says you're using ESET and not MSSE. Only use one antivirus and one firewall program at a time).
Uninstall your current copy of Microsoft Security Essentials.
Then install and immediately update the freshly downloaded copy.

No memory dumps are present in the uploaded files. Please do the following:

Quote:
Upload Dump Files:
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service . I recommend Windows Live SkyDrive - http://skydrive.live.com or another free, file-hosting service. Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file): Set MiniDump

The Windows Error Reporting section of MSINFO32 doesn't show any BSOD's also. It's possible that these are occurring too early to be recognized by the OS.

So, I have to wonder if this is a hardware problem (because of your item (3.)) - or a software problem. Let's start by ruling out some stuff using these free diagnostics:

Quote:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/180705-bsod-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 94.55%

1 - all info "should" be left intact.
2 - try everything else that you can before trying a repair install. Then next step if a repair install doesn't work is a wipe and reinstall.
3 - you cannot "restore" the user profile - you'll only have the data from it, and you can copy that to a new profile if you need to.

Can you get into Safe Mode (try tapping F8 just before the Windows splash screen appears)?
Have you run a tool like these free ones?: 13 Antivirus Rescue CDs Software Compared in Search For the Best Rescue Disk | Raymond.CC Blog

A:BSOD, Stop: c000021a fatal system error

Quote: Originally Posted by Django

Dear Support,
Please can you assist?
I have considered the option to use the repair install option.
Thanks for your help,
Django

Django,

Repair Install Tutorial FYI.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/159706-bsod-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 94.55%

I have {Fatal STOP: Error} System c000021a Solved: been receiving the following blue screen error STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status Solved: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} of xc x Solved: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} x The system has been shutdown I primarily get this error when I run Ad-Aware SE Personal I believe because it checks the dll files I believe this is connected to winlogon exe as I recieve a message when I start up my Solved: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} computer saying that it has failed Here is my HiJackThis report Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system llda exe C WINDOWS system mui rasmvc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system wgp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files My Book WD Backup uBBMonitor exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Me... Read more

Relevancy 94.55%

hi i hope someone might have some useful suggestions to help me with a fatal problem i have just experienced with my acer travelmate intel duel core ghz SYSTEM STOP: ERROR) c000021a BSOD - (FATAL running vista sp which was running ok when it was switched off however when BSOD - STOP: c000021a (FATAL SYSTEM ERROR) i next tried to boot up i was met with the bsod with the following message STOP c a fatal system error the initial session process BSOD - STOP: c000021a (FATAL SYSTEM ERROR) or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x the system has been shut down i have tried to bootup using safe mode but the system just hangs on the logon i have also tried to bootup using the last good configuration but the system fails to finish booting and hangs on the logon similarly i have tried to boot to the c prompt but again the system hangs and fails to complete the boot i have not tried to boot with a resue disc or reinstall the os - the hdd contains valuable data that is not backed up and which i cannot really afford to lose so if BSOD - STOP: c000021a (FATAL SYSTEM ERROR) anyone has so useful help or suggestions i would be very grateful - please just do not tell me that i should have backed up my data more regularly because that i something i now already know many thanks in anticipation of some good advice best

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-645638.html
Relevancy 94.55%
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi guys A few days ago I started my computer and it blue-screened with the message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try chaging video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing {Fatal c000021a Another STOP: blue-screen Error} System If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to Another blue-screen STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF F AD xF B A xF B A I had installed XP over the existing Professional last February and it has worked well until this popped up I tried using the XP disk to repair the system and the computer seems to boot normally until it started to display desktop shortcuts At this point the computer blue screens with the message STOP c a Fatal a href http www pcreview co uk forums thread- php target blank class externalLink rel nofollow System a Error The widows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x fd b x fac The system has been shut down Now I can restart using safe mode with networking and that mode seems fully functional except I can only log on as administrator and other restrictions I assume come with the safe mode I found one response to someone else with this error and tried C Documents and Settings Administrator gt sfc scannow Which resulted in Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files The specific error code is x ba The RPC server is unavailable I tried reinstalling XP but then I had a dual-boot XP XP system in which the Another blue-screen STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} old XP had the same problems and the new XP worked fine except that it had none of my settings background start-up menu etc I Another blue-screen STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} removed the second copy of XP by using the control panel gt gt System gt gt Advanced to edit boot ini removing the second operating systems line The system now seems to be in the same state it was after I tried repairing it This is an especially inopportune moment since I amusing the computer to search for a job and my daughter is using it to prepare for her first year at college Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-blue-screen-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.839438/
Relevancy 93.62%

System I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP on HP Pavilion Laptop computer Problem STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down The xc exception code indicates a DLL failed to initialize I have been unable to determine the offending DLL Only access to the system now is Recovery ConsoleAction Taken in Safe Mode Completed XP restore to recover two days earlier Ran AVG scan items found and quarantined Adware also reported items and quarantined them Removed uninstalled patches KB KB System Status C000021a 0xc0000142 Fatal Stop: Error KB and KB Installed Ewido Found Trojans and quarantined them Installed A Anti-Trojan and reported items Installed and ran Ccleaner Booted from XP CD and ran repair Safe Mode no longer available because setup reboot message Background I received a prompt for updating Adobe Stop: C000021a Fatal System Error Status 0xc0000142 software on my laptop PC running XP It seemed normal enough so I accepted the update Soon my PC began behaving badly It presented windows that appeared Stop: C000021a Fatal System Error Status 0xc0000142 to be email scans by Symantec however I did not recognize the email messages it scanned I soon suspected a virus of some kind because I did not have control and it was working rapidly I turned off my network link to avoid spyware sending data I was able to get the PC under control I rebooted the computer I soon experienced the same condition Next I used the XP restore to recover my system to two days earlier Then next time I rebooted my system went into a continuous reboot process I let it run for more than an hour until I found how to turn of reboot on system errors using the F function at boot up I could then see the problem I encountered the Blue Screen of Death BSOD with the following message STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down At this point I could still access the system in safe mode and began running anti-virus software based on information from various forums I already had AVG and Adaware running on my PC AVG reported items and quarantined them Adaware also reported items and quarantined them Win Trojan StartPage File C System Volume Information restore hex numbers RP A exeI downloaded most recent security update file from AVG Then ran another scan I received a message that indicated software was damaged need to reinstall I downloaded new version of AVG but was not able to complete installation in safe mode Some message about core I searched for solutions on the internet and found a call indicating this problem could be a result of Microsoft patches which can be removed using the recovery console by booting with the XP CD I followed instructions and uninstalled patches KB KB KB and KB Same error on BSOD after reboot I then found a call from security-forums web site that sounded just like my case Reference HJT Log Road Rage at http www security-forums com viewtopic p b d I was not familiar with HiJackThis so I did not install and run it I downloaded and installed Ewido cFound new Trojans and many spyware links so they were quarantined I downloaded and installed A Anti-Trojan I installed Ccleaner and ran as indicated Then rebooted with hopes of solving the problem I was disappointed when I still received BSOD Next I found information from other services indicating repairing XP using the Installation disk would solve the problem because the xc message suggested a mismatch or damaged dll files The repair appeared to go smoothly until the required reboot I received the message Windows XP can not run setup in safe mode system will reboot I can no longer run in safe mode because of this setup reboot message nor can I boot normally because the result is the same fatal error noted earlier My only access to the system now appears to be using the recovery console I am in a ... Read more

A:Stop: C000021a Fatal System Error Status 0xc0000142

Wow! This is a doozy! Thanks for the detailed information - it makes troubleshooting this problem much easier.STOP 0x21a: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x21aSTOP 0x142: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x142OK, this is an issue where the one STOP error has probably caused the other (a dll failed to initialize, which caused security problems within the OS causing the crash).Now, since there's malware involved in this your best bet at this point is probably a low-level format and reinstall of the OS. This will ensure that the system is cleaned of any viruses and will give you a brand spanking new OS to work with.Or, you can try to fix it by using command line virus removal tools to see if you can get XP up and running - then attempt to repair the damage that has been done. This will take a lot of work and doesn't have any guaranty of success.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62944/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-status-0xc0000142/
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi, Need help with this error message. Blue screen appears on start up:

STOP:c000021a Fatal system error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status 0xc0000006
(oxoooooooo oxoooooooo)

Tried booting from last known good configuration, safe mode but still get the same message. Searched the internet but no luck with the status code. Am running XP home.

Thanks

A:Help! STOP:c000021a Fatal system error....status 0xc0000006

Do you have GoBack on your computer? It's a utility used by Norton to create and manage backups on the fly, ie in the background.

The C021a Stop Error can sometimes be caused by GoBack.

Have a look at this Microsoft KB article;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316503&sd=RMVP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-status-0xc0000006.91711/
Relevancy 93.62%

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of (0x00000000) (0xc000012d 0x001003f0).
I see this error when i try to install windows 7 ultimate from bootable pendrive. it happens after "Windows starting" and then system shutdown.please help.
specs: cpu- intel pentium 4 2.8 ghz dual core
memory- 2gb

A:STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} When Installing windows 7

Try Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/325347-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-when-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi I was recently playing the Battlefront beta after installing new AMD drivers when a bsod occurred Booting into Windows after this point has resulted in the following bsod Unfortunately I'm unable to provide dump - Error} STOP:c000021a on System startup BSOD {Fatal files as BSOD on startup - STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error} Windows is not accessible in any configuration Quote STOP c a Fatal System Error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x f x e The system has been shut down Note Due to this issue I'm unable to reach Safe Mode in any configuration BSOD on startup - STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error} I've also ran sfc scannow which detected now issues I've also tried bootrec exe FixMbr and Fixboot BSOD on startup - STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error} which were succesful but did not resolve the issue I've ran Startup Repair several times and received this message Quote If you have recently attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Short of formatting I'm running out of things to try to be honest if anyone has any more insight on this I would be very grateful Thanks Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383229-bsod-startup-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 93.62%

I have a Windows 2003 Standard Server that is now getting the following error
The Non-DLL file included in KnownDLL list. system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000036f
I tried last good known and safe mode that resulted in failure also

pls help me.

A:windows 2003 STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Have you looked at this KB?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156669

sounds kind of ominous if your PC won't load what has been loaded reciently? I hope you have a backup on this machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.435396/
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi, Need help with this error message. Blue screen appears on start up:

STOP:c000021a Fatal system error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status 0xc0000006
(oxoooooooo oxoooooooo)

Tried booting from last known good configuration, safe mode but still get the same message. Searched the internet but no luck with the status code. Am running XP home.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-status-0xc0000006-194728.html
Relevancy 93.62%

hello.. i am new to this forum... i am not very techno savvy... my comp screen has turned blue and is giving an error msg.
stop: c000021a (fatal system error)
the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
the system has been shut down..

i have a dell drivers and utilities cd for reinstalling dell inspiron and xps system software. but when i try installing that i again get a msg that says

your cd/dvd drive during this boot cycle is f::

a ramdisk drive is available for this boot cycle as C::
it contains several hard drive setup tools. please use these tools only under the direction of dell support staff.

f:\>

what do i do?? i need to reinstall the operating system.. dont know how to do it.. please help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.756717/
Relevancy 93.62%

Summary Using Windows Update I m unable to install Service Pack on Windows XP Pro on new hard drive Background Dell Vostro notebook with Gb RAM System SP3 STOP: Fatal Error install; won't c000021a Pro WinXP and Gb hard disk I was installing a new replacement hard WinXP Pro SP3 won't install; STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error drive due to poor health of old drive Dell diagnostics showed risk of failure System has only one HD Installed Windows XP Pro Service Pack CD Installed as WinXP Pro SP3 won't install; STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error many recommended drivers as possible downloaded earlier per Dell s list of drivers for Vostro audio and video drivers failed to install Installed Comodo Firewall Avast antivirus and Threatfire Connected to Internet and did ISP s AT amp T setup Began Windows Updates When installing SP it stalls about midway through the installation process with smbinst exe using of CPU and Gb of memory Page File ramped up and held steady at GB Progress bar hangs after - minutes get Blue Screen of Death with message STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I had to force a shut down with the Power button Upon reboot get message quot Setup was interrupted Restoring prior configuration quot and system automatically did a two-phase roll-back of the partial SP installation Then I had the message winlogon exe encountered a problem and needed to close I ve been through this attempt times I ve tried to research this on Microsoft Dell and forum sites and found material such as http support microsoft com kb and http aumha org a stop htm and of course http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html but I m not experienced at using reading Doctor Watson and memory dump files etc and was hoping there was an easier way to diagnose amp resolve the problem Should it make any difference if antivirus and firewall is turned off when installing SP At risk of getting infected I tried that on the rd attempt at installing SP and it didn t help Is it possible to install SP while WinXP is in Safe Mode and is that more likely to work Is it possible and any advantage to download SP to my PC and install from there rather than using Windows Update Is there any preference in using Last Known Good Configuration or a prior System Restore point Is it advisable unadvisable to have Internet Explorer installed before trying to install SP Any suggestions TIA SmileAndWave

A:WinXP Pro SP3 won't install; STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error

I have had similar problems with some computers in the past. My solution was to create a slipstreamed installation CD that included SP3 using Nlite. then install from there. If I have to run it on an existing computer I always do it locally rather than using windows update.

Remember that Microsoft says the SP2 should be installed before installing SP3. I have never had need to do this but my guess is some computers need one of the updates in SP2 so the SP3 doesn't crash when installing. Of course if the SP3 updates are already slipstreamed into your install disk (because SP3 in a culmulative update to SP2)than none of this matters.......

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372575/winxp-pro-sp3-wont-install;-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 93.62%

Safe Mode has failed me. Cannot load last. Used a XP OS CD with SP2 on it for expanding winlogon. Computer will not allow me to reinstall over the existing XP. I have been using a different XP OS CD that has SP2 with the XP. Have not tried the appropriate XP OS CD yet but will next. Any thoughts or steps to rescue this computer. Have not backed up in several weeks but nothing too critical on this unit but itunes. We have several PC's and this is the most used. I had thought I had eliminated the AVSuite Spyware and Redirect issue using TSSDKiller but it came back with a vengence. In safe mode I was searching the registry for AVSuite references and deleting them. Reboot. BSD ;( Ouch.
Help me obie wan - you are my only hope.

A:Blue Screen STOP c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Hi Bones, and welcome to TSF.

Not sure what you are trying to acheive but you should be running on SP3 and if you are and you're using a disc which has been slipstreamed with SP2 it won't work. Make another disc using this http://www.howtohaven.com/system/sli...e-pack-3.shtml

I think there is a very good chance that your machine is infected. If the slipstream doesn't work......

Please click on the following link to produce the requested logs and start a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section, NOT BACK HERE. If you still require assistance AFTER your logs are declared clean please post back here.

Click here >>>>> First Steps

Follow the instructions carefully. If you cannot complete any of the steps, go on to the next but don't forget to mention your problem to the analyst.

You will need to be patient as this section is usually very busy but a security analyst will be along to assist you as soon as one is available.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-493920.html
Relevancy 92.69%

hi sorry for this second post but ive pinpointed more of what my problem this. Stop: c000021a is system fatal error!! included What highjack causing is My computer when it gets to the log screen gives me a quot Stop c a fatal system error System has Stop: c000021a fatal system error!! What is causing this. highjack included shut down quot message and it just restarts over and over again i can never log on my system has become very unstable and if i run windows in the last known working configuration it will crash and restart within about seconds or so I can run my machine in safe mode however ive run tons of virus adware programs and cleaned a bunch of stuff any idea what is causing me to get this error ive included several reports logs-------------------------------------------------------- here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDC E B-F A- D -FBE - EEE - C WINDOWS system rujhxun dll file missing O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe r O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF B E - - -BD -FC FE B F EARTPatchX Class - http files ea com downloads rtpatch v EARTPX cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - quot C PROGRA MSNMES msgrapp dll quot file missing O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation Service ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPodService - Apple Computer I... Read more

A:Stop: c000021a fatal system error!! What is causing this. highjack included

hi there,
my name is prayag and i am frm India.I hope you dont have any issues with that. neways its not a software issue nor a spyware or any kind of virus.
its a Hard ware failure, it's the issue with the system "bus" memory issue. if u have two memory sticks try booting with only one memory stick, and also try to receate the processor (cpu) take out the heat sink wipe out the thermal contact greese between the cpu and the heat sink and reapply the greese.remember to ground yourself before u touch the processor as any static frm your body might damage the cpu. as the processing bus voltage is just 0.4volts. besides that take out any pci cards if you have in your system like pci modem or any wireless card. if it boots fine then flash the bios and reset the crt jumper in the system motherboard. after all these do a debug on your hard drive iam pasting the debug script all u need to do is boot to dos prompt using the motherboard cd.
debug script is as follows at the c prompt type debug as stated below
C:\> debug (after u type debug you will see only the minus sign -)
-F 200 L1000 0 <Enter>

-A CS:100 <Enter> after u hit enter u will see as below

xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301 <Enter> (start typing frm mov ax...)
xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200 <Enter>
xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1 <Enter>
xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80 <Enter>
xxxx:010C INT 13 <Enter>
xxxx:010E INT 20 <Enter>
xxxx:0110 <Enter> " Leave this line blank"
-G <Enter> (after hitting enter you will see as below if not then the hard drive has failed)

program terminated normally (when u see this press as directed below)

<Crtl+Alt+Del>
i think this would resolve the issue
Prayag
BE in electronics working for DELL computers
[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-what-is-causing-this-highjack-included.511581/
Relevancy 92.69%

Okay so basically i was surfing the web when my computer screen froze and my COMODO antivrus popped c000021a HELP?!? netbook problem.? 0xc0000034, STOP: error} {fatal system up saying quot Winlogon exe has been infected quot so without thinking I quarantined it and now my computer just reboots into a blue screen safe mode doesn t work either I ve looked at the microsoft page about this but STOP: c000021a {fatal system error} 0xc0000034, netbook problem.? HELP?!? i STOP: c000021a {fatal system error} 0xc0000034, netbook problem.? HELP?!? don t have any installation cd as this is a netbook and doesn t have a disk drive I m only and not a tech wizard STOP: c000021a {fatal system error} 0xc0000034, netbook problem.? HELP?!? so i didn t know a thing that microsoft page was on about Could anyone help me Also i have a usb drive so i could use that as well I ve got a blue screen but i don t know what to do i really need this computer as it has important files on it Also i can t enter BIOS because when i press F it just comes up with a black screen and a blue box saying quot Enter CURRENT Password quot and i have no idea what it is Help I am running Windows XP SP on an Acer Aspire ONE AoA- Netbook nbsp

A:STOP: c000021a {fatal system error} 0xc0000034, netbook problem.? HELP?!?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-0xc0000034-netbook-problem-help.958648/
Relevancy 92.69%

Hi all This last saturday I turned my compuer Dell XPS M with Win Home Premium bit off and when I turned it back on I had the BSOD with error quot STOP c a Fatal System Error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x quot I restarted my computer numerous times and don't know what to do - Last know configuration doesn't work i still get the BSOD - Safe Mode doesn't work BSOD - Repair windows with the WinRE the repair crashes with an error so it doesn't work Error} {Fatal System c000021a The initial STOP: session... BSOD: - I backed up my drive through Acronis as well as Windows and I get the same error - chkdsk c r no errors have been found I can't log onto windows before anyone asks and really don't know what to do I haven't installed any new drivers or new hardware or even new software on my laptop before I got the BSOD and my windows updates and drivers are up to date My computer is protected by Eset Nod and I also use Superantispyware and Malbyte Antimalware and i frequently check from problems and nothing I also clean my registry every BSOD: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The initial session... week with CCleaner I think I said everything Please help I'm desperate

A:BSOD: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The initial session...

I also tried this, that I saw on a forum. I know it's something for Win XP but tried it anyways, and, well, it didn't work:

Quote:
i had the same problem with a client?s computer, here is the way i resolved that:
client computer has Win xp pro with sp2, it wasn?t bootable even in safe mode.
So i booted with a bartPE cd, and renamed the following files:
csrss.exe ?> csrss.exeold
win32k.sys ?> win32k.sysold
winlogon.exe ?> winlogon.exeold
I took these files from a working computer runing window xp pro sp3 (i didn?t have a sp2 computer with me) and put them back in the bad computer.
That worked perfectly, no idea why?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143717-bsod-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-initial-session.html
Relevancy 92.38%

Hi,
My computer is Tosiba satellite M45 S245. I am having error msg at starting up. It is
Stop: c000021a {fatal system error} the windows logon Process system Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000012f (0x00000000 0x00000000).

Moreover, I tried to run Recovery CD that came with my computer. But my computer CD rom is not working.
Could you guys suggest me how to get rid of this problem ?
Thank you in advance

A:Stop: c000021a {fatal system error} the windows logon Process system

Hi uttambabu, welcome to Tech Support Forums...

did you install any new hardware or software before the problem started?

Are you able to access Safe Mode (press F8 repeatedly when booting to access the menu screen)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-the-windows-logon-process-system-207089.html