Windows Support Forum

Roxio installer

Q: Roxio installer

Every time I use anything with explorer, like moving files into folders and stuff like that, the Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 installer comes up. It asks for a disc to continue installing but I didn't get it off a disk and I also tried to repair it but it didn't work and I really don't want to uninstall it. Anyone know what to do?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Roxio installer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Roxio installer

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/EE7000078

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-installer.449957/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

Every time I play a media file or access one of my external hard drives, I get a message saying "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio CinePlayer" and then "The feature you're trying to use is on a removable disc or CD-ROM that is not available". I've tried inserting the disc and installing Roxio CinePlayer which worked but the message still appears. If I try and cancel another box just appears. If I Ctrl+Alt+Del and force it to close than either Explorer or Windows Media Player closes as well. I'm using Windows XP Pro.

Please can someone tell me how to stop this from happening as it slows my computer down quite a bit apart from anything else.

Thanks,
Joe

A:How Can I Stop Roxio CinePlayer Installer?

Now it's started popping up between every mp3 track I play and every few minutes whilst I'm wating a video in Windows Media Player. Has anyone got any idea how to stop this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193148/how-can-i-stop-roxio-cineplayer-installer/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently ran a registry cleaner program. No, I didn't make a backup of the registry first. Everything seemed fine until I tried to copy one file to another drive. I right clicked on the file, then dragged it to the new drive, then chose the copy command. Well, immediately, the installer program for Roxio Easy CD Creator launched. I clicked cancel. It launched again, I hit cancel. Then the copy worked after that.

This problem happens when I simply right click and make a copy of the file in the same folder, or if I drag and drop it to another hard drive to make a copy.

Is there a way to clean up the problem? I run Windows XP Pro.

Thank you.

A:Copying files causes Roxio installer to launch

Have you tried a system restore?

Have you tried completing the installer to see if it keep prompting you after it installs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-files-causes-roxio-installer-to-launch.459052/
Relevancy 60.2%

Running Windows XP, and every time my windows starts up, it wants to automatically install Roxio. I set the service to disabled for the time being.

Is there something in the Registry I can look out for and/or change ?

Relevancy 59.77%

Within the last three days my computer running Windows XP has started trying to install Roxio Media Manager. It keeps running over and over again and will not stop.

I have purchased Error Expert to try and stop it but it has not worked. Wondering a couple fo tings. If I totally uninstall Roxio Media Manager will that help? Not sure this would be a good thing but this is driving me crazy.

How do I stop windows installer from trying to install this progam?

A:Windows Installer keeps trying to install Roxio Media Manager

TSF,
Suggest you follow the link in my signature to especially download, update definitions and run Malwarbytes free. There are other cleaning tools in the link Learning each day that should also be of assistance to you.

Let us know if there is improvement,

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-trying-to-install-roxio-media-manager-483679.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Media and Installer Google Manager Roxio Redirection and please help So a couple of weeks ago Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer I Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer read a couple of threads on how to get rid of Google Redirection after clicking on a link and I ran Malwarebytes this was the ONLY thing I did reading all the Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer threads nothing else since I figure everyone's comp is different and I thought it was removed because it no longer redirected me however after I had done that my antivirus is no longer updating each day as it used to to so each and everyday and now today after I uninstalled this video game of mine there is now a Roxio Media Manager installer that constantly pops up and will not cease to stop trying to install itself into my laptop So here's a HiJackThis log please take a look and help me out I appreciate all the help I can get thanks HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE agent exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeC PROGRA COMMON INSTAL Driver INTEL IDriver exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hk music yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - C BA A - F - BD-F - A C - no file O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- CB -AB BB AAE - C PROGRA VOL TO VOL TO DLLO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeO - HKLM R... Read more

A:Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234899/google-redirection-and-roxio-media-manager-installer/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, when I am trying to stream audio from the web, Windows Installer pops up and asks me to install Roxio CinePlayer decoder pack. This is nothing more than a pain as if I cancel 2-3 times then the stream will operate through Windows Media Player. Can anyone help me to identify why this is happening?

A:Windows Installer tries to install Roxio CinePlayer decoder pack

Quick bump on this one - anyone got any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-tries-to-install-roxio-cineplayer-decoder-pack.695907/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have issues with my DVD burner Plextor and Roxio software The Roxio S W that came bundled with the Plextor S W does not work when attempting to make a DVD After selecting quot DVD Builder rest works [SOLVED] DVD use to Builder, Roxio of Roxio Unable 7 quot from start menu of create new DVD from Roxio main menu window splash window opens but instead of continuing on to the DVD screen it just goes away and does not start Also the task list does not [SOLVED] Unable to use Roxio 7 DVD Builder, rest of Roxio works show the program in use I can start and use other parts of the program like copy DVD and plextools software will burn a DVD When I first installed it I built this second PC of mine mainly for gaming the DVD builder worked ok for GB DVD's but gave errors for GB plextor also failed large size DVD I updated the firmware but that did not fix the issue Uninstalling and installing has not solved this Now I can't use it even for the smaller size DVD's Here are the particulars Windows XP Pro Version build SP with all updates as of now MSI MB AMD Athlon GB ram Windows one care in use Roxio Easy Media Creator Roxio DVD builder version Plextor PX- SA current firmware V was V I updated w microsoft driver version I have not run additional scans on this PC for malware since this appears to only affect one part of Roxio and Plextools works ok I will run them now if you thinnk I should If not I will run them after we work this out

A:[SOLVED] Unable to use Roxio 7 DVD Builder, rest of Roxio works

try uninstalling shutdown reboot and reinstalling Roxio software. Try other DVD software from a friend's computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unable-to-use-roxio-7-dvd-builder-rest-of-roxio-works-227970.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently tried unsuccessfully to make a rescue disk using Macrium Reflect Software In the process of dealing with my DVD w r - Roxio software was triggered This is software that came installed with my pc in windows xp pro SP I have an installation disk MyDVD 9.0 Removing Roxio and Creator DE Roxio which says Roxio Creator amp MyDVD DE I have never used the programs until now - For years they sat untouched showing in Revo uninstaller with the installation date as - I think that I did a reinstallation of Windows at that time Almost Removing Roxio MyDVD 9.0 DE and Roxio Creator immediately Roxio seems to have started updating all the parts of these programs and added a few items as well including Sonic Activation Module and an updater All the related software got an updated installation date of the day I opened the program and continued getting more updated dates My computer startup became very slow and I suspected the cause could be these new Roxio updates So I decided to uninstall this software and if I need it I will reinstall it I use Revo uninstaller and ran it for MyDVD On level it came up with over a thousand registry entries This concerned me so I went back Removing Roxio MyDVD 9.0 DE and Roxio Creator to level A number of entries were in common files shared files folder if they were in a subfolder with the word roxio I deleted them My intent was to also uninstall all the Roxio Creator programs one by one each part of the program shows up as a separate installation When I scrolled through the registry entries I found a number of them included paths to dll files in the system folder I was hesitant to remove dll files from there so I unchecked any items that showed a path to the system folder At some point I did a search online for some of these dll files Sure enough it seems that many people are having trouble with their DVD players and getting dll errors that are connected to those dll's that showed up in my registry entries after Roxio unistallations Many of those errors refer to a px dll I don't know if the problems people have is because they did delete the registry entries or because they didn't They are getting errors with px dll's I have Revo uninstall open on my desktop in middle of the Roxio Creator DE uninstallation with level registry listings waiting to either be deleted or unchecked I really don't know how to proceed I do have a restore point from before I started deleting these programs but I am very confused I realize this post is unlikely to get an immediate response so I will probably go ahead one way or another and if the DVD player doesn't work I will have to do a system restore If anyone can help me sort out the best way to uninstall Roxio software so that the uninstall doesn't harm other programs I would appreciate the input Thank you

A:Removing Roxio MyDVD 9.0 DE and Roxio Creator

I haven't used Roxio Creator in years and years and years!  However, have you considered seeing if your computer will boot from a flash drive, and if it can, create the recovery disk on a flash drive?  On my system, it boots a lot quicker.

Best of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538929/removing-roxio-mydvd-90-de-and-roxio-creator/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I'm David,
I'm new in the forum. As the title says, I have some problem  installing the icloud control panel in windows. At the end of the installation, the installer says that it has not the administrator privilegies to write in C:\ProgramData\microsoft\windos\Startmenu\programs\icloud.
I tried to used (in this sequence):
1- Malwarebytes anti malware
2-adwcleaner
3-JRT
4-OTL
In the following i'm posting the log of the programs (Hijackthis file included)
Can you help me in find what it is the problem?

Regards

P.S.
I opened everything as administrator not always the anti malware program even the icloud setup.

A:Icloud installer - windows installer does not have the administrator privilegies

I run Window Repair all in one too putting the MSI (windows installer) repair, but unfortunatly nothing changed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535544/icloud-installer-windows-installer-does-not-have-the-administrator-privilegies/
Relevancy 38.7%

I know I have windows installer installed, as Flashplayer and adobe installed it. Is it harmful, my brother is raising a lot of heck about it. I read the other old forum logs for windows installer and it does not see to be a problem. He also said that he has a program from windows called Trusted Installer. Checked back forum logs, nothing on trusted installer. I ran a search of my computer with no results. He said it stopped him from downloading SAS. He did a clean install and now it downloads and he cannot find no trusted installer on it. Is there such a thing as a trusted installer? Its only supposed to be in vista as he says. Curious about it as I cannot find nothing on my computer for trusted installer, windows installer yes, other NO.

A:Solved: windows installer/trusted installer?

http://www.trustedinstaller.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-trusted-installer.913410/
Relevancy 38.7%

every time me or my wife logs into our accounts on windows we receive a pop up for windows installer and sonic decoder. they cannot be canceled unless I open the task manager and manually stop them I cant think of any changes I have made to msconfig or my registry that would cause this. I checked the event viewer log to see if there was any additional info but none was available. Any suggestions anyone?

My system also seems to be running very sluggishly way slower than normal, I ran a spyware scan Vundo fix and I am currently running a complete antivirus scan just to be safe even though I dont feel that this is malware/virus related.

A:windows installer/sonic decoder installer

so an update to this one....my computer is acting all sorts of weird now and programs are showing up that I deleted long ago....also when I view the audit in event viewer it shows a very large amount of registry errors. I am not familiar with the process to repair a corrupted registry . Is there anyone that could lend me some suggestions or guide me on the right path?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-sonic-decoder-installer.719904/
Relevancy 38.7%

My netbook is DENVER NBW- N It was running Windows -bit but the boot file was corrupted so i had to BIOS x64 won't recognize regconized installer but installer, x86 format and install clean Windows -bit Now i got another problems Audio driver is not working battery icon not showing and brightness is not working and Wi-Fi BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer won't connect to my new router anymore I guess those drivers was made for -bit only and the processor is -bit based but my BIOS won't recognize Win -bit installer Only -bit installer This is how my boot list looks like when i created Win -bit bootable USB And this is how my boot list looks like when i created Win -bit bootable USB I contacted my manufacturer but they said they don't have any recovery or image to flash and send it to local store for help I did send it to my local store but they could not help so i took it back home and i asked my manufacturer for drivers and bios updates etc but they ignored me for no reason I created bootable Plop Boot Manager which allow to boot any drives that BIOS won't allow but it doesn't show in boot list If you wanna know how BIOS looks like take a look in my album Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet

A:BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer

How are you making the USB flash drive for the installation?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/69336-bios-wont-recognize-x64-installer-but-regconized-x86-installer.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi buddies,

I want to degrade Windows Installer 2.0 to Windows Installer 1.1 in Windows 2000 Server.

I have downloaded the Installer v1.1 and installed but it didnt get updated.

Plz help me in this issue...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/degrading-installer-2-0-to-installer-1-1-in-win2k-server.443292/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello all. I really need your help. I've tried to open a downloaded file - TinyWallInstaller.msi - , but without success. I've learned that Windows blocks opening this and many other file extension types because it rates them as "high risk" or "invalid" with the pop-up : " Publisher Could Not Be Verified". I also came across a simple tutorial that does unblock this, but it doesn't apply to Vista Home Prem. - my O.S. So, that said, I'm looking for a good workaround that will enable me to unblock and open this neat firewall program. My experience is somewhat limited - would hope to avoid command prompt and registry editing if possible. However, at this point I'm willing to try just about anything! Please help!!!

A:MSI Installer Pkg. blocked by Windows Installer

Hi.

Have you tried going into control panel and disabling the windows firewall?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297752-msi-installer-pkg-blocked-windows-installer.html
Relevancy 35.26%
Q: Roxio

Help! I am new to this. I got a computer. And it has Roxio on it. What is it for? Can i use it to make a CD of music to use in my car stero?

A:Roxio

Roxio software comes in many varieties. One of the functions of Roxio Creator is to let you import music files on your computer and burn them to CDs that should work on most CD players. If you run the Roxio software you might find tutorials under the Help menu selection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio.999388/
Relevancy 35.26%

I need Help with Roxio
I Have Roxio 6 & 10. I prefer 6. In photosute - print & Share - Video CD. I have used create using photos only & or create using existing slide show, use menu template music, both work the same. When I get to Calculate disc space tackes a long time 10 to 15 min+. (326.16 MB only) When I pick record again it tackes 10 min+. At the burn to disc window Phase progress 1 get 100% Disc progress 100% I then hit OK I get Burn Disc progress Phase progress 100% disc progress stops at 9%, Error message E80041898 write error-[03/0c/00] E80041925: TrackWriter error- Command retry failted -[T7118] at that point I am locked up. I have tryed with & without Audio. Thanks for any help

A:Roxio Help

Try this Roxio forum.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-help.779196/
Relevancy 35.26%
Q: Roxio 7

Help please If any of you's boffins could help i would be most appreciative I have recently installed Roxio EZ cd creator however it has caused a myriad of problems not least the fact that it has created a new drive and I can't delete it My external hard drive was 7 Roxio named 'E' before the unfortunate event now since installing Roxio if I look in 'My Computer' my external hard drive is 'F' and 'E' says 'removable disk' I have in my haste deleted most traces of roxio on my pc and although i know how to rename 'F' back to 'E' i cannot do this because 'E' seems to be some Roxio 7 kind of phantom drive which I can't access The most annoying part of this is that my itunes library was on E and now iTunes won't work at all and will not reinstall If you can help - then please do however i would point out that although i'm not a beginner by any means plain speaking idiot commands would be beneficial My apologies if that sounds ungrateful - but you know what I mean don't you Thank you thank you thank you

A:Roxio 7

check the device manager for a virtual drive and see if you can uninstall it from there or disk management

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/roxio-7-a-109200.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I very long time ago I remember a posting about how to disable the Roxio program that is supplied from xp. I thought that it might have been listed in services but I ws unable to find it.?
It was suggested to be turned off because of using another Cd burner program, I remember thinking it a good idea at the time because I was using nero, ( but relying on remembering where and what this was instead of writing it down, NOT a good plan ).
If anyone has any ideas how to help out , it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 35.26%

I Have Roxio 6 & 10. I prefer 6. In photosute - print & Share - Video CD. I have used create using photos only & or create using existing slide show, use menu template music, both work the same. When I get to Calculate disc space tackes a long time 10 to 15 min+. (326.16 MB only) When I pick record again it tackes 10 min+. At the burn to disc window Phase progress 1 get 100% Disc progress 100% I then hit OK I get Burn Disc progress Phase progress 100% disc progress stops at 9%, Error message E80041898 write error-[03/0c/00] E80041925: TrackWriter error- Command retry failted -[T7118] at that point I am locked up. I have tryed with & without Audio. Thanks for any help

I also would like to have a easy to use slide show program with audio & CD DVD creatator Roxio is just not user friendly.

A:I need Help with Roxio

Wrong forum... I have asked it be moved... please wait for that to happen... Do Not start a new thread for the same thing...

and welcome to TSG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-with-roxio.777075/
Relevancy 35.26%

ok so my computer is freezing on a regular basis now but more specifically when i run virus scanner and when i try to uninstall roxio i think roxio is my problem because the virus scanner freezes when its scanning the roxio files everytime ive tryed to uninstall roxio from the uninstall programs and it freezes is there any other way that i can get rid of it ? also my dvd/cd drive is not working im not sure if thats related to this or not but any help or suggestions would be greatly apreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138422/roxio/
Relevancy 35.26%
Q: roxio

When I am burning a cd roxio stops and locks up. I watched the speed and it seems to lock up when it drops down to 1 speed. I have 5.0 basic Roxio and windows 98. I downloaded the latest roxio basic and it seemed to help but then started doing it again.
It also gives me a error something about( could not obtain information from internet.) Is there settings in roxio for the internet. I have DSL. Does Roxio use the internet?

Thanks

Pat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio.136812/
Relevancy 35.26%

I tried uninstalli roxio easy media creator 7.5 from my systems and now it has gone hellish...whenever i try to copy or move a file roxio appears and seems to be attempting to install again to which i have to keep cancelling to allow the process to continue, sometimes i get a messag that says that a certificate file is missing and that i might want to check my date settings . I just want it to go.......all the other uninstallers have failed Email address removed to protect you from spambots.~Joshuacat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38012/roxio-75/
Relevancy 35.26%

When I boot up, Windows installer tries to configure Roxio easy media 10, I cancel it only for it to make repeated attempts to load. In taskmaster I see Roxio is now running and when I end task, Roxio disappears and everything goes to normal until the next boot up when the same carry on occurs. I disabled Windows Installer on start up and this seems to have helped, though occassionally I get flashing from the windows installer ,still trying to configure Roxio 10. Ant ideas anyone?

A:Roxio 10

The Roxio installation is damaged or incomplete, you should uninstall. The regular uninstaller will likely not fully work so you should use a third party uninstaller such as the free version of Revo Uninstaller: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-10.1072516/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi
when ever i try to burn data to a disc.i get this roxio creator 2009 special edition a suitable drive was not detected please attach a drive and try again. in my device manager dvd/cd rom drives this device is working properly.does anyone know of a fixes to this? i have windows vista home premium 32bit with sp1
thank you

A:roxio help

Are the drives getting detected in windows explorer(Computer)?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/209569-roxio-help.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Guys and Gals I am trying to figure out how to create a MP CD that can play in a car via MP3 Roxio CD that is MP compatible Meaning I don t want only - songs but what the CD can hold - MB worth of MP s I usually use Nero but I m trying out Roxio since Nero has been giving me some problems I tried Roxio Easy Media Creator gt Audio gt Music Disc Creator Simple enough under project type I specified MP WMA Disc I burned my MP MP3 CD via Roxio songs onto a CD R and attempted to play them on my car stereo but no dice It would not recognize it Please note that I am using the MP3 CD via Roxio same CD burner and same type of CD as I have the past year to burn my songs and they played when burning w Nero I then searched Roxio s site and they suggested the following Open Creator Classic a Double-click on the quot Roxio Easy Media Creator Home quot icon on your Desktop b Click MP3 CD via Roxio on quot Creator Classic quot under the quot Applications quot section Create your project a Use the quot Select Source quot window at the top to browse your hard drive for the MP files you wish to add to a CD b Once you locate the MP s in question simply use your mouse to drag them to the quot MP Disc Project quot window bottom half of screen c Continue this process until the capacity of the CD is reached or all the MP files have been added Burn your MP project to CD a Insert a blank disc into your recorder b Click on the quot Burn quot icon c In the quot Roxio Creator Classic - Burn Progress quot window click on quot Burn quot to begin recording or click on the quot Details gt gt quot button to make some adjustments such as write speed Simple enough but for the step above b - I only have the option of Data Disc Multimedia Disc and Bootable Disc for the projects Am I missing something Thanks in advance for any advice P S Is there a free software that I can download that will accomplish this task nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

I had a message that Roxio needed to be updated, it would then ask for the disk that we didn't have, I would close it-cancel it x it out but it would not stay shut down it continued to try and load. i mistakenly went to the registry and started to delete roxio occurences to delte the problem. It did not work. It caused more problems. Not a program called sonic wants to load. It exhibits the same symptoms of the roxio deal.
I downloaded adaware from lavasoft and it won't install because it say that another program is trying to install, when I cntrl alt del to see what is open, nothing is there. I have not run inot this before. HELP!!!
{Moved to more appropriate forum~~boopme}

Try installing the programs in safe mode and run them there as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127359/roxio/
Relevancy 35.26%

Im pretty new to cd burning. I have about 10 newer cds with junk on them I wanted to format but can't. In roxio direct cd format I get unrecognized data and greyed out format botton. I tried clone cd and it says disk is not erasable. When I first started it may have been set to close the cd. Now I have it to just close the session. Is this the problem and are they now ready for the garbage or is there a way to format them. Thanks for any help

Are these CD-R or CD-RW? It sounds like you're working with CD-R disks which are not re-writable.

If you want re-usable disks, you'll need CD-RWs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio.129414/
Relevancy 35.26%
Q: roxio 6

i have a problem with roxio6 can someone help me?i download a movie from dvd builder and now i want to erase it every time i got to erase it the erase button don't light up so i can erase.or don't recognize the dvd in the drive.and i'm using dvd+rw and my dvdis a nec.can someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:roxio 6

Did you format the disc (RW) using the Nero Drag to Disc option? I received this software with my DVD writer.....and tried to reformat a disc after using the Drag to disc option (which was automatic)......found I could not reformat anything....told me it was being used by something else.......I ended up taking off the software and reinstalling CD6...using the special options and not installing the drag to disc........haven't had any more problems getting discs erased and reformated........
Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-6.142395/
Relevancy 35.26%

I attempted to load Roxio EZ CD Creator 5 Platinum on my system but it messed up during installation. Now it won't continue installation or let me remove it. How do I get this dreaded piece of trash off my system??? All it says in Add/Remove programs is change, and when I click on that it just gives me an installation error message.

A:Roxio DIE! DIE! DIE!

was there an option on the cd or in the programs list ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-die-die-die.139003/
Relevancy 35.26%

Does the latest roxio 6 (for burning CDs) work with win xp pro? I have try roxio5, but it dun work in xo pro.

A:roxio 6 and xp pro

If you are referring to EZ CD Creator, version 5 works fine in XP Pro if you get the latest updates. Version 6 works fine as is.

Plextor has been bundling EZCD 5 with their burners for quite a while now. They have excellent support and would just not be bundling software that doesnít work in a common OS. EZCD 5 had problems when XP was first released and the first patch was not the best. But all of the patches are in the latest update and it works fine now.

If you still have EZCD 5 try the update: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-6-and-xp-pro.126588/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have Roxio 10 installed and i'm trying to convert a DVD to avi. Don't worry it's legit!! It's a DVD of an excursion I did in Jamaica of Dunns River Falls. When I go to convert it in Roxio I can only get as far as adding the media and then I get the dreaded Roxio 10 has encountered an error and will now close!!

It's in the NTSC format and I have used G-Spot to identify the codecs etc used to make it. It's encoded with mpeg2. I have tried and successfully converted others, this is the first time I haven't been able to do it....

If you need anymore info let me know. Thanks in advance for any help provided

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-10.725330/
Relevancy 35.26%
Q: Roxio 9

I have Roxio 9 and after I install it it asks me to reboot so I do, it boots up fine but it takes a very long time for the login screen to show and when it finally does and I login no services or drivers are started and I cant start them. So I have to do a system restore(safe mode works fine).

Relevancy 35.26%
Q: Roxio 9

Guys Please advise of correct forum to place this in if this is incorrect I am having a problem with Roxio DE Heres the problem - My son was using my laptop whilst burning stuff to DVD when the computer blue screened Now everytime I try to use Roxio theres a little message in the bottom left hand corner of the Roxio window stating DVD drive is still in use by lt my sons account gt I have deleted his account then recreated it and I still get the message I can use roxio if i 9 Roxio log on as him but dont want to keep having to do this I logged the call with Roxio and they suggested removing all power inc battery Roxio 9 pack and pressing and holding the power button for seconds I didnt Roxio 9 this but it didnt resolve They then suggested System Restore which also didnt work I have asked them if there is a registry setting which may be causing this error but they havent answered that question OS windows vista home premium RAM GB CPU Ghz Intel Pentium Dual Core PC Dell Inspiron

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/roxio-9-a-347121.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Does anyone know the difference between these (2) Roxio programs. My Dell pc originally came with 10.1 but today they sent me a 10.2 disc after I never received my backup discs. Also a friend of mine has an older Roxio v9 program that runs better, can I d/l that into the pc I have?

A:Roxio DE 10.1 and Roxio DE 10.2

Hello siblis,
As long as you completely un-install all the components of the Roxio software you have on your PC first, i cant see any reason why the V9 wont run OK.
Just make sure it is compatible with your version of windows and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/269344-roxio-de-10-1-roxio-de-10-2-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%
Q: roxio

i installed the roxio cd that came with computer it was corrupted,and it left behind the installer so everytime i turn on my computer it pops up roxio is updating.and it wont let me remove it with add or remove programs.\\

WHAT CAN I DO???

A:roxio

Welcome to TSF....

Try this and there is a file download on the page:

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/roxio-267845.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I downloaded Roxio 5.0 to start burning cd's. After it finished downloading I tried to open it, and selected Realplayer to open it with. Now I cannot use it because it keeps coming up with this message.

MPEG by Bitcasting: File Format cannot find MPEG file header. This may not be an MPEG file.

I can't change the way it opens up now.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,
I need help with a pan and zoom/picture size problem in Roxio Creator. I have created a slideshow and scanned some documents that are not picture sized. When I use pan and zoom, the program creates sidebars beside the pictures. This would be fine if the sidebars stayed blank, but previous pictures load in the sidebars and show under the current picture. I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of this underlying photo image showing on the sidebars. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks
Toadypoo

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/roxio-help.144404/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi
i updated my roxio easy cd/dvd creator 6 and restart my pc and it come up with this we apologize for the inconvenience,but windows did not start successfully a recent hardware or software change might have caused this if your computer stopped responding,restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked if a previous starting attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed or if you aren't sure what caused the problem chose start windows normally

1safe mode
2 safe mode with networking
3 safe mode with command prompt
4 last known good configuration {your most recent setting that worked}

start windows normally
use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice seconds until windows starts 8

i have windows xp pro thank you

A:roxio help please

could be a bad install, uninstall it then try a system restore before you installed it.
reinstall and try again.
good luck...rob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-help-please.235839/
Relevancy 35.26%

I am running an window's 98 with a roxio 5.0 cd burner. Trying to copy music cd's the burner post's that there's an error on the new clean disc. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to upgrade I have noticed that many programs posted are running roxio 7.o and the web sites are telling me that I can purchase this but I don't know If my problem is the system outdated or if I need an upgrade. Not very computer savvy. But I love my music. Thank's for any help. Just saving my originals.

A:roxio 5.0

I have Roxio 5 Plat. and have no problems, sounds like a driver problem. Do you have a web checkup button on you launcher. If not go to their update site. I upgraded to XP because I always had to reload my driver about once every six months with 98. I also had that problem once when I bought some cheep cd-r's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-5-0.296114/
Relevancy 35.26%

Has anyone experienced problems with Roxio after XP2 D/L ?

A:Roxio & XP2

I did have a problem with version 5.2 . . it would not install. I installed 5.3 and it worked fine.

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-xp2.276440/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have Roxio EZ Creator 6 and want to backup my Quicken files. It will work fine if I install a new CD. It won't if there is files on the CD. I want to be able to each month add the files to the CD till it is full. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-roxio-cd-6.415314/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi
i have roxio easy cd/dvd creator 6 when i try to open creator classic i get cannot intialze api please reinstall the roxio software and i have with no luck?

thank you
i have windows xp pro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-help.232635/
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm trying to install Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE I have the disk and everything, but when I go to install it a box pops up and says...."Setup has detected a previous installation of Roxio RecordNow Tools. To install Creator Tools 3.3.0, you must firt uninstall the existing version of Roxio RecordNow Tools." Now in my Control Panal>Add or Remover Programs= there is NOTHING in there that says anything abot Roxio...as a matter of fact nothing that even starts with an "R". I've called, and called, and called the RoxioTechnical Support # and have never gotten through! PLEEEEEEAAASSEEEEEEEEEE HELP ME!

Relevancy 35.26%

I loaded roxio to burn dvd's. but now it wants to play every cd that i put in How can i set my default media player

Relevancy 34.83%

HI There

I have a laptop that came with Roxio Easy CD Creater 10LJ pre-installed and i wanted to create create DVD's from some AVI Videos that i have on my hard drive.

I used to use Nero Vision on my old pc with Nero installed and had no problems with that installed alone.

I want to install Nero (bought last year) on my laptop but not sure if it will conflict with Roxio.

I use Roxio at the moment to make Data DVD's as backup etc.

I do not want to uninstall Roxio as i do not have a copy of it as it came pre-installed and if something goes wrong with the nero installation then i cannot install it again.

Keith

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
([email protected] 2.2GHz 2.2 Ghz)
4.00GM Memory
64 Bit System

Relevancy 34.83%

I am having the same thing

A:Roxio driver

What does this mean?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-driver.817681/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all,
Can someone please inform me as to the
compatibility (or lack thereof) of these two?
All responses will be appreciated.

My machine came with Roxio pre loaded,
Creator Basic v9
My DVD Basic v9
Express Labeler
My TV to go LE

Thanks Ted

A:Vista & Roxio

install roxio using the compatibilty mode .
but the issue that you are facing is good known try uninstalling and reinstalling the roxio in compatibilty mode.
but first make sure you uninstall the previous installation from add / remove programs.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/138735-vista-roxio.html
Relevancy 34.83%

When ever i try to open up Friendblaster (which is a friend adding program) i get a message sayin "please wait while windows configures Roxio easy media creator 9 suite"...W T H? Roxio has nothing to do with this program. It also happens when i open other programs. Registry issue? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Roxio Error!

Have you tried to disable Roxio?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152823/roxio-error/
Relevancy 34.83%

I reformatted my hard drive. When I re installed everything, I installed the dell roxio software. Now I can not burn cd/dvds with out using using Roxio's software (drag to disc etc) and more importantly it will not finalize the disc. If I unstalled the Roxio Software my drives do not realize that there is a blank disc or allow me to format it. I know you burn cd/dvds Nativity on xp (if I am remembering right). I am trying to figure out how to burn cds/dvds with out using Roxio. Basically, get rid of this roxio burning software crap.

Relevancy 34.83%

I am using windos XP and Roxio creator version 9.I am also using a 'Pinnacle Dazzle' capture device that i bought some years ago and was accompanied by Pinnacle Studio 9, a programme that i never really liked very much and no longer use. I am successfuly capturing most VHS tapes that i bought in the UK over the years. But, when i try to capture from some videos that i bought from America some years ago the capture working area tells me that their is no signal. I have tried changing the TV format through all the available PAL and NTSC ones available but it still doesn't find a signal.Can anyone advise if i would have better luck if i purchased either the latest version of Roxio Creator or any other of Roxios products as i do like their programmes and find them easy to use.
Many thank's

Relevancy 34.83%

I have Roxio EZ Cd 6...(Adaptec) and run Win98SE and MS Office (Power Point) 2000.

I want to burn a CD that has a Power Point slide show with music (220MB) to CD that I can run on a MAC.

Do I burn it using Drag and Drop and selecting ISO???

I kinda need specific and basic instructions here...thanks.

Relevancy 34.83%

why i use the roxio creater when i click on copy it say cannot detect the dvd. but i try on other pc using roxio creater they are able to copy. what is wrong with my roxio creater??

A:roxio creater

I would get banned If I told you.
Good luck gettiing answers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-creater.562003/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm in the market for a recent version of either Nero Ultra or Roxio Easy Media Creator. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has a strong preference for either one as I would like to learn the advantages and disadvantages of both. I have heard that Nero is "more powerful," but that it's interface is quite complicated. Thank you.

Relevancy 34.83%

It s been a while since I ve asked a question in the forum - and I guess that s good I useXP btw Today s problem my Roxio Easy Media Creator was acting a little buggy so I decided to uninstall - Cannot please! uninstall Roxio help it and then install a fresh copy from my CD Uninstallation Cannot uninstall Roxio - help please! from Add Remove seemed to work ok and then I reinstalled and restarted the machine When I clicked on the newly installed program however nothing happened I used my Norton WinDoctor to look for possible registry errors and it took care of a couple of ActiveX problems the program still didn t work Then I ran Registry Mechanic Cannot uninstall Roxio - help please! and it took care of more errors but the program still didn t work So I decided to uninstall install again After the uninstallation from Add Remove I decided to do a Search for Roxio and lo and behold I found Roxio folders in Crogram files in Crogram files Common files in C Documents and Settings etc I cannot do another quot uninstall quot from the Add Delete control panel because Roxio is no longer listed there I m pretty sure that the reason it was not working correctly in the first place is that there were other quot hidden quot Roxio folders there all along and they were causing Cannot uninstall Roxio - help please! conflicts Could someone please help me out Thanks very much for your assistance davek nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, First time user. I switched from XP to 2000. I installed Roxio 5 and now when I click on the button to burn I get grey error box"cannot create creator 0x80040154" then I have to end task which says roxio is running not responding. I end task and all is well again. The same software works at work on 2000 when I loaded it. Why does it not like my comp. PLease Help! and thanks for this site. LOTECH

A:Roxio and 2000

Hiya and welcome

I've had to copy/paste this, as the link is a popup:

When I attempt to launch an Easy CD Creator project I receive a message

"Cannot create creator! Error returned 0x80040154"

Resolution:

This information applies when the following is true.

Easy CD Creator 5.xx installs successfully

When exploring the folder C:\Program Files\ Common Files\AdaptecShared\CDEngine, There are no files present with a .dll extension.

Solution:

WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE.
To export a copy of your registry, please do the following.

1. Go to "Start" then "Run", type "regedit" and click "OK"
2. Locate and left click "File" in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor
3. Click "Export" (Export range All should be selected)
4. Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.
5. Click "Save"
Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified.

From this point, please continue starting with step 1 in your registry editor.

1. Double click the "Hkey_Local_Machine folder" this will expand or open the folder
2. Locate the software folder, "Right Click" on this folder and choose "Permissions"
3. Select "Add", type in "Administrator" and click "OK"
4. Make sure that Administrator is "highlighted" under Group or Usernames
5. Under Permissions for Administrator, please check "Allow" for Full Control
6. Select "Apply" then "OK"
7. Select "Add", type in "System" and select "OK"
8. Make sure that System is "highlighted" under Group or Usernames
9. Under permissions for System, please check "Allow" for Full Control
10. Select "apply" then "OK"
11. Please exit the registry, by choosing "File" from the top left hand corner of the
window and click "Exit"
12. Insert the Roxio Installation CD in your CD drive. (If asked if you would like to
install choose "No")
13. Click the Start button then right click "My Computer" and select "Explore." If you
are running in Classic mode, "My computer" should be on your desktop
14. Open the Roxio install CD by Clicking on the CD drive it resides in
15. Locate and double click the folder "Engsetup"
16. Double click the file Engsetup.exe and click the "Install" Button
17. Allow the installation to complete and restart your computer
Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-and-2000.305277/
Relevancy 34.83%

Just bought a HP Pavilion a1737c computer with Roxio preinstalled, I have had nothing but problems sense I bought, several issues. Right now I have a Panasonic VCR/DVD recorder for my tv. I recorded some programs on a dvd and finalized the dvd it plays in other dvd players and also on my computer. I saved the dvd to a file on the computer and also have tried to copy the dvd to another dvd on the new computer and the new dvd won't finalize or play, I have called support but we all know how that goes. (INDIA). I am also having problems with my HP printer now with the Vista prog. I am ready to rebox the computer and take back. If someone can help I would really appreciate it.
tks
Rob

P.S.
If someone could tell me how to put new information for my profile would appreciate.
tks

A:Roxio DVD software

Well I can answer the part about adding to your profile ...click on My Account at the top left and then you will see a list on your left of what you can edit ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-dvd-software.553666/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have Windows XP Home and Roxio's GoBack 3.1 Personal. Does anyone know if these are compatible? I've heard they're not, but haven't experienced problems that I can attribute specifically to this potential issue. If they're really not compatible, though, and can cause trouble what can I do? Do I need to uninstall GoBack?

Thanks

A:Roxio GoBack and XP

I don't think it will install if it's not compatible. How old is the program and what's its minimum specifications?

Majority of programs can work when you change the compatibility mode to the minimum OS requirement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-goback-and-xp.168568/
Relevancy 34.83%

I had Easy CD Creator installed when I bought my computer in running on Windows ME and had NO PROBLEMS at all with it I still have the disk for EZCDC Computer crashed in Jan unrelated and Roxio EZCDC was installed by store no disk provided Had endless problems with it so I re-installed V and was able to burn a few Creator CD Roxio CDs using V Last week Roxio CD Creator I tried to Delete Roxio V and start over Also deleted V and re-installed V Now I have a REAL problem V is installed but every time I put a CD in the burner I get an error message the screen turns blue and the system hangs up and I have to turn off the computer Would appreciate any help I m a real novice at this but Iwould like to go back to using Easy CD Creator because I had no problems at all with it The CD burner is a Matsushita nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

I have been using ROXIO CD-DVD Creator successfully for many months on a RW CD for many financial spread sheet data files on which I can add to or revise entries like I once did with floppies. Something I did today made the entire disk's contents READ ONLY. How can I restore the "floppy" capability? I use Windows XP Home. PC is Compaq Presario.

Relevancy 34.83%

I think maybe this came with the Blackberry software which I finally got to uninstall but I have quot Roxie Media Manager quot installing again and again I click on cancel and it just starts the process over I googled on how to remove it but it says to locate it in the add remove programs menu - but it isn t listed here My computer is running very slow and I don t know it it just Roxio or something else I installed QuickBooks and I m installing over and over again Roxio having troubles with that program getting up and running Again I don t know if there is something wrong with my computer or Thank you in advance for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOZE System smss exe C Roxio installing over and over again WINDOZE system winlogon exe C WINDOZE system services exe C WINDOZE system lsass exe C WINDOZE System Ati evxx exe C WINDOZE system svchost exe C WINDOZE System svchost exe C WINDOZE system svchost exe C WINDOZE system spoolsv exe C WINDOZE system Ati evxx exe C WINDOZE Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe Roxio installing over and over again C WINDOZE CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Jetico Jetico Personal Firewall fwsrv exe C WINDOZE SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOZE system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Manager MEMonitor exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOZE System svchost exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Unbox Video ADVWindowsClientService exe C WINDOZE system wuauclt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOZE system wscntfy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOZE system msiexec exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks qbhelp exe C PROGRA Intuit QUICKB QBDBMgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE agent exe C WINDOZE system wuauclt exe C WINDOZE system MsiExec exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL Driver INTEL IDriver exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com accounts Ser mail ui html amp zy l amp ltmpl default amp ltmplcache R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B... Read more

A:Roxio installing over and over again

Please Help I was patient and waited so I'm bumping.

I deleted things in the HijackThis log (on my own) that said Roxio but this one keeps coming back:
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe

The little box keeps coming up and stalling my computer out. I don't even know what Roxio is or if I accidently told it to install - I don't know where it came from.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:11:04 PM, on 1/31/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOZE\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOZE\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOZE\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOZE\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\WINDOZE\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Jetico\Jetico Personal Firewall\fwsrv.exe
C:\WINDOZE\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon Wireless\V CAST Music Manager\MEMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
C:\WINDOZE\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Amazon\Amazon Unbox Video\ADVWindowsClientService.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\user.USER-R594DIQ5IW\Desktop\Computer Fixes\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\MSIEXEC.exe
C:\WINDOZE\system32\MsiExec.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...mail/?ui=html&zy=l&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program File... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-installing-over-and-over-again.895813/
Relevancy 34.83%

which is better to use? for burning and all

A:roxio or nero?

I have never tried Roxio but I have Nero 7 Ultra and it works terrific!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/249621-roxio-nero.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently installed this application onto my computer hoping that I would be able to burn CD's. Everything installed properly and the application seemed to be working however when I had all my media ready and clicked the button to burn them a window poped up saying "There are no supported recorders avaliable. Make sure your recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected." I realized that my computer was not showing that I had a blank disc in my drive, which in fact I did.

My question is what do I need to do in order to get Roxio Creator 6 to burn me a Cd!?

A:Need help with Roxio 6 cd creator

elaureano said:

I recently installed this application onto my computer hoping that I would be able to burn CD's. Everything installed properly and the application seemed to be working however when I had all my media ready and clicked the button to burn them a window poped up saying "There are no supported recorders avaliable. Make sure your recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected." I realized that my computer was not showing that I had a blank disc in my drive, which in fact I did.

My question is what do I need to do in order to get Roxio Creator 6 to burn me a Cd!?Click to expand...

Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 requires "drive updates" from Roxio's support site in order to "see" your CD recorder. While version 6 was active (and for a period of time afterwards) Roxio would release downloadable updates to include the latest burners. My guess would be that they issued their final update between 1 and 2 years ago. So to answer your question, you'll need to visit Roxio's site and download the most recent drive update hoping it includes support for your particular writer. If not, you'll probably have to find an older drive or newer software.

FYI, starting with Easy Media Creator 7, Roxio adopted a new technology that reads the necessary info directly from the drives firmware. This eliminated the need for drive updates as any burner would automatically be supported.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-roxio-6-cd-creator.470848/
Relevancy 34.83%

I bought my computer from Costco in 2007 and it OS was Vista Home Premium OEM. It came with a lot of preloaded stuff that I never or hardly ever use and have cleaned house on most of them. One that I kept is 7 different Roxio Creator programs that I would like to get rid of them and just use one simple program, preferably free), if I want to burn a CD, copy photo's etc...

My question is, should I keep Roxio Creator v9 basic or unload it and get something this forum recommends?
Thanks in Advance...

A:Roxio Creator?

Hallo Born2golf, this one is very popular with our members.
I dont do a lot of burning so i am only going on what i have seen other reputiable members recommend.

The Official ImgBurn Website

You can also find a few others that are free & lightwieght in this thread

Free Software List for Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/software/268499-roxio-creator.html
Relevancy 34.83%

When I got a computer years ago I got Roxio. Since then I had updated it and my last up date was for Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. When I tried to get into my files in my new computer which has Vista I was unable to do so. So I bought Roxio Creator 2010 and I still cannot get into my files. There is an error message saying I need a UDF Reader. On Roxio's site I cannot figure anything out. Help, please.

A:Solved: Help with Roxio

wordsmith
As a long shot, try this link Good Luck

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf/software_updates.html

An Update
Sorry about this dead link. I found it with a Google search for UDF Reader.
It worked for me from Google results. I tried search again and downloaded it. Ran it but failed since I don't have Roxio loaded.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-roxio.883071/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just got a new XPS and I'm ready to burn DVD's. I'm working on home videos, capturing from VHS that I have burned onto DVD's and capturing from a DV camera. I'd like to take what's on the DVD's and after saving them in the PC, cut scenes, etc and combine into different DVD's (ie, take all the sports and make one DVD of that, etc). My computer came with basic Roxio that I can upgrade fairly cheaply, or I could just go get Nero though it will cost more.

What does everyone recommend?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi folks, I just recently noticed that I can no longer change the Default Recorder in Creator Classic, as a matter of fact when I click on Tools the Drive Properties is grayed out. I can play dvd's and cd's but I'm not able to burn within Creator Classic. I installed Nero 7 the demo just to see if I could burn and I had no problem doing so. I really like Roxio and would like to continue using it. I have updated firmware, uninstalled/reinstalled software and still no go. Does anyone have any idea as to what could have gone wrong and how I can correct this.

Relevancy 34.83%

hey, im new here, so i apologize if this has been posted before. roxio burn came with my laptop and i was wondering if i needed additional software to rip and burn dvds. if so what would you recommend? if not, how do you rip and burn dvds using this program? thanks in advance.

A:Roxio Burn?

I haven't used roxio so far eventhough it was already installed on my computer when I purchased it. However, I'm using Nero instead and I think it's much faster, efficiently, many functions and most of all, very easy too use, you can read more information about Nero and try the trial at it's main website here:
Nero - Nero AG - leading digital media solutions - Official website

Hope you like it

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/91985-roxio-burn.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I am making a slide show with the roxio photosuite and I have it completed, it play correctly when I play the disc back on my computer, but when I play the disc in the dvd (I burned it as a vcd) the pictures move too fast and don't go with the music??How can I fix this??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-photosuite-5.157334/
Relevancy 34.83%

I get the following message when I try to run Roxio Creator DE software

"All your Drives are set to disabled. On this operating system, in order to start Roxio Creator DE you must either physically remove your drive(s) or enable at least one drive"

Please help.

A:Roxio Creator DE help

Do your drives work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-creator-de-help.897089/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Lite-on ltr-48125w on my machine which I use with nero5 (5.5.10.58) which came bundled with the drive. works great, no problems, I like it. just purshased a plexor px-708a burner, it comes bundled with roxio creator 6. Question; can I have both aps installed, and continue to use the nero for my cd burner and the roxio for the dvd? will there be any conflicts? and could it cause me problems somewhere down the road? Thanks a bunch ahead of time for any and all help. Rick

A:nero and roxio

No there shouldn't be any conflicts. Roxio also comes with WMP and it doesn't conflict with other burners.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-and-roxio.248403/
Relevancy 34.83%

When I use Roxio Jasc Roxio, & Pro, Other to burn cds Jasc pro or another program-COREL ROXIO comes up to be installed I'm not sure why this happens but it always asks for a disk to be inserted but I do not think DELL sent a disc for any of the programs except Roxio I reinstalled parts of the Roxio Roxio, Jasc Pro, & Other to see if that would help but I still get error messages when I close Roxio Mediahub exe Application error The instruction at quot x aeb quot referenced memory at quot x b d quot The memory could not be quot written quot Click on OK to terminate program then I get another error message that is very similar but different codes then I get another error that is different Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Runtime Error Microsoft ommonFiles Sonic Shared Sonic Central Mediahub exe R -pure virtual function call I'm not sure why I get this error message There are also many new blank cds that the computer says are not blank Either I got a couple of bad spindles with most of the cds being corrupt or my computer is messed up Any ideas It's frustrating trying to burn cds with these problems Burning a simple cd can take a while with trying to find a cd that will be recognized amp or exiting and continuing to try to exit out of programs that want to be installed Thanks

A:Roxio, Jasc Pro, & Other

The cd not being recognized is my biggest issue. I have tried memorex from 3 different spindles (sometimes they work, but most of the time they don't) and a fujifilm cd. Not sure why it says "no cd" even when one is in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/roxio-jasc-pro-and-other-269560.html
Relevancy 34.83%

After re-installing windows I needed to re-install goback 3 but found when my wife transfered our cd's from the paper sleeve to jewel cases she threw out the sleeve which had the cd key on it. I can't seem to find any support for this program on the net. Is there any way to find a key or is this program destined for the trash?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-goback-3.257757/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all,
I am after some help with Roxio easy media creator.
When I run the program, under Vista by the way, it come up with an error that reads... "The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Plea reinstall it."

I have uninstalled and re installed using the recovery manager in Vista but it is still an issue. Short of reinstalling the operating system I am lost. Is there any way to import the certificate to allow the program to run?
Thanks in advance...
Beagleboy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certificate-for-roxio.559095/
Relevancy 34.83%

Iíve been using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 for three years now, burning over 100 DVDs and over 50 CDs with only an occasional glitch burning DVDs. Today my attempt to burn a DVD was a real hassle. The entire process went without a hitch till I went to burn the project. At this time the computer sounded like it was working overtime. I checked task manager and the computer was fluctuating between 15% and 60% constantly. After waiting for five minutes the action of the computer did not cease. This happened several times in my attempt to burn the DVD. I restored to a previous date which did not help. I removed Roxio Easy Media Creator and reinstalled it which did not help. Now the question is, is the problem caused by Roxio, the DVD burner or is my hard drive ready to bite the bullet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-emc-8-problems.578200/
Relevancy 34.83%

I need help with a project and am using Roxio CD DVD Creator DVD builder Have tried to post to the Roxio site but once I log in and try to post a thread get kicked out oh well I want to create a series of videos into one Roxio Builder DVD movie which I want to burn onto a dvd and have it autoplay in the stand top dvd player I understand that with this program if you put the videos in the quot movie a movie b quot slot it will not play them continuously but if you place them together in the intro section when you drop them into the dvd player they will play straight thru and they do but when they get to the end of the videos they loop back around and restart playing My question how do I get this to stop after the last video and not do that Any help would be greatly appreciated I am not a Roxio fan but don t want to spend any more money right now on software Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-dvd-builder.182317/
Relevancy 34.83%

I installed Nero 7 on my computer and I for some reason cannot burn DVD's......Nero doesn't recognize the burner.............(I can burn CD's though). I read somewhere that Roxio can conflict with Nero, so I tried to uninstall Roxio. But when I go to the 'add, remove programs", Roxio is not there. There is also no uninstall option available in the start menu.

I tried to reinstall Roxio and then uninstall it, but it still doesn't show up in the add, remove programs list. Any idea how to get rid of Roxio? Thanks much.

Relevancy 34.83%

I recently as two days ago, my Roxio RecordNow 9 gives me an error message saying :"The trial version of this product has expired." after uninstalling and installing again i got anew problem -it's attempting to reinstall itself when I try to open it.
on reboot after the windows come up i get several error messages such as:
1."Skin image "menuseperator.png" found but cannot be loaded."
2. runtime error! Program......RoxWatchTray9.exe.

thanks for your help.

Relevancy 34.83%

I have this on my system and sometimes after either updating files on a CD or downloading something from a CD it won't let the drive open. You have to reboot and catch it as it is booting up. Is this a common problem? What is the suggestions?

Relevancy 34.83%

Help Roxio did me XP nightmare! Roxio Help! in We have a new athlon XP computer about months old While trying to figure out how to use the CD-RW drive the way I did on my old computer the whole thing got messed up I know there is a conflict now with directcd and XP but I didn t Anyway I uninstalled Roxio and neither CD drive could be recognized I found the fix for that but now the sound card is messed up and I need a dll file-olepro dll Where do I get it And is it possible to use Nero or something else for formating CD-RW s so I can drag and drop to them I am using MusicMatch for regular audio CD functions and it is fine Should I re-install Roxio or leave it uninstalled CAn I install Nero either with or without re-installing Roxio Why are the computer manufacturers shipping with an incompatible program on the XP based computers nbsp

A:XP Roxio nightmare! Help!

I run Nero on XP Pro and it works just fine!

if it's a system DLL that's missing, go to MSCONFIG and extract a new one from your XP CD.

Roxio and Win XP generally don't get along too well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-roxio-nightmare-help.79680/
Relevancy 34.83%

I reformatted my hard drive. When I re installed everything, I installed the dell roxio software. Now I can not burn cd/dvds with out using using Roxio's software (drag to disc etc) and more importantly it will not finalize the disc. If I unstalled the Roxio Software my drives do not realize that there is a blank disc or allow me to format it. I know you burn cd/dvds Nativity on xp (if I am remembering right). I am trying to figure out how to burn cds/dvds with out using Roxio. Basically, get rid of this roxio burning software crap.

I am on a Dell xps 400 with xp pro.

A:burning cds/dvd w/o Roxio

Uninstall Roxio and then run the fix given here:http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben...p;x=12&y=13Hopefully your drive will be back to normal after that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294347/burning-cdsdvd-wo-roxio/
Relevancy 34.83%

I cannot choose between those two. Which one is better overall? Please dont give me crap like "This is better for this and that is better for that, you choose."

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi
when ever i try to burn this disc i get this one or more paths in this project has exceeded the maximum lentgh allowed.by the current file systm. you may continue to burn this disc, but the files in these paths may not be readable. can anyone please tell me what i need to do for this to work? i have xp home

thank you

Relevancy 34.83%

I am trying to install Roxio Easy CD & DVD, it is saying I must first uninstall Adaptec UDF Reader. When I try to uninstall Adaptec UDF Reader, I get an error message saying: "An error occurred while uninstalling UDF Reader; an attempt to delete one or more files has failed. The error code is 0x00000002."

How do I uninstall this so I can install Roxio?

Relevancy 34.83%

Roxio 10
Roxio 2009
Not responding when attemptting to compile a dvd from a wmv. Must control alt delete to end program. Get error program is waiting on response from me.
Drivers all appear to be up to date. Used Roxio 10 prior (maybe last year) with no problem. Trouble now and even
uninstalled and re installed Roxio 10 got new Roxi0 2009 same problem.

Also at times get error message that "Windows explorer is not responding"

HP Pavilion dv 9000
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Intel (R) Core(TM) 2 cpu [email protected] GHZ
RAM 2 GB
32-bit os
NVidia GeForce Go7600
Toshiba MK1234GSX ATA Device
Thanks for any advice. I think I am in way over my head..ready to smash my computer!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-not-responding.859297/
Relevancy 34.83%

About a year after I purchased Roxio for around I got WinXP and then learned Roxio won t work with XP There was no update patch so I was stuck with useless software Since I had several disks burned with Roxio that I couldn t read with other burning software I ordered Roxio OEM from ebay I could never use it to format a disk Every time I try I get a message quot Format operation on drive T failed The drive received an invalid command quot I had read that having more than burning program could cause conflicts and since my new Old won't format Roxio 6 computer came Old Roxio 6 won't format with burning software I assumed that was the problem I wasn t sure exactly what files might be causing the problem as removing the burning software didn t fix it I recently reformatted and installed my own WinXP Pro without any additional software Old Roxio 6 won't format and thought that would fix things It didn t I want to be able to drag files to the disk Any suggestions I am now thinking I might have to close any old disks I started with Roxio and change software all together but I don t want to invest any more money Is there any free burning software that you are aware of that might do what I want Thanks Peg nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-roxio-6-wont-format.443057/
Relevancy 34.83%

A friend of mine gave me a copy of Roxio drag to disc or whatever it was called and I ended up having to get rid of it to free up some space and now I cannot seem to burn discs with my Zune software and I am unable to burn pics to a disc with my Kodak software and I cannot use my Sonic software which tell me there is no recorder associated with it. I am able to burn cds with my Rhapsody software. Can anyone help me resolve this problem. How do I enable these programs to use the burner that is installed on my pc? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-roxio.806072/
Relevancy 34.83%

Friends: My media files work fine. After installing Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 I can't open some media files and keep getting the pop up :"Windows encountered a problem and needs to close...". I uninstalled Roxio completely and re-installed and the problem returned. Any ideas what's happening here? Windows XP Pro SP2. Thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217141/roxio-emc-and-windows/
Relevancy 34.83%

Ive tried almost eveything I think. I cannot install roxio 5.o on my pewter which is running XP. I get this message. This installation pasckage could not be opened. contact the application vender to verify that this is a valid windows installer package.
Thanks a lot.

Relevancy 34.83%

Is there any advantage to using Roxio Easy CD Creator. This came with my computer on Windows XP Home Edition.

But doesn't XP have cd read/write capabilities??

I got the update for Easy CD Creator....but I keep having problems with it. Such as....sometimes when I go to back up my Quicken files....it can't find the CD even though it is there. This doesn't always happen....it happens randomly.

Can I just remove Roxio and use the Windows XP capabilities??

Thanks for your help!

Ellie

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi I have recently had an unrelated problem on my pc which has resulted in Roxio creator 9 me having to repair some windows file using the installation disk - windows xp home Since then I have not been able to use any of the video features in Roxio creator such as create DVD I get the message quot the following codec s must be activated before using the application MPEG- click OK to activate or cancel to abort If I hit cancel the application closes down if I hit OK I get quot no permission - bad Roxio creator 9 installation quot and then it closes down I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling creator and the windows media player but it hasn t made any difference I was having trouble viewing video on media player as Roxio creator 9 well but have followed another acticle and downloaded something that makes it work OK I don t know if relevant but I also periodically get an update message from windows followed by quot Microsoft Windows Installer has failed to install quot Any help appreciated Ian nbsp