Windows Support Forum

IIS User Authenication Problem

Q: IIS User Authenication Problem

I have a virtual directory setup on my server that is password protected however I cant get any username or password to be accepted When I try to access the page the username password dialog box comes up and I enter in my username password - However it rejects that and then puts the domain name with a before the username and then if I resubmit it I still Problem IIS Authenication User cant login I used to run IIS under XP home I know its dodgy with IIS User Authenication Problem no login probs but since i have IIS User Authenication Problem upgraded to XP Pro to run IIS properly I cant get the logins to work I have created the local user account etc etc but I cant get it to work it just does the domain before the username after the first attempt I have the security setup properly on the directory itsself so I know its not that I have tried different user accounts but nothing works In the IIS Console I ve got the virtual directory setup with annonomous access turned off and only the Intergrated Windows Authentication turned on Also cant get it to show the proper Relam name unless I take the intergrated authentication off then I get a different login box and nothing works on that either Any Suggestions - I ve tried that iisPassword program seems good but cant protect a virtual directory which I need nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IIS User Authenication Problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IIS User Authenication Problem

OK this is the problem I'm talking about.. I've kinda made a bit of progress.

Heres what I've done.
in the IIS manager, I've left the virtual directory as anonymous access, then on the folder its self I have changed the NTFS security properties, so only certain users have access (not the account that IIS uses for anonymous access), the login box now comes up so I can login, but then once inside that area there is a 2nd secured section (different username/password required) which is where this box appears (see attached file), or I get this straight away if I try and access the site from my own machine.. e.g.

Accessing From Client Machine

--URL-->Username and password requested--> login ok-->inside secured area-->link to 2nd secured area-->username and password requested--> login fails (comes up same as attachment)

Accessing From Server (using domain name not 'localhost')

--URL->Username and Password requested-->Login fails (comes up same as attachment)

all I need to know is why it keeps doing the computername\username or domainname\username and failing the login.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iis-user-authenication-problem.483882/
Relevancy 53.75%

Booted the wireless pc on my network and got a EAP-MDS Authenication window wanting user name, pw and domain. Just set this up and previously ignored it (leave fields-click ok) and have had intermitant conection to home network and internet. What info goes here.? All I know about it is that it is a network hardshake of some sort.
Thanks. hope I can mark this solved soon.
additional info:
I have a 2.4 Ghz phone on my desk near the router. Understand this can be a problem. Is any router channel less lekily to be effected by the phone? Currently on 11.

Relevancy 52.89%

Well I have been trying to get the wireless setup on the computer at work. We use Cisco LEAP to secure it, now I can get the system to see the network and try to connect but each time it kicks back asking for username and password. I put in the information and yet it still doesnt work.

We currently have a Dell E6400 with Dell wireless card 1510 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card. Any help or advice would be welcomed, it does connect to other networks fine just not any with LEAP.

A:W7 Leap Authenication

Quote: Originally Posted by Devilen

Well I have been trying to get the wireless setup on the computer at work. We use Cisco LEAP to secure it, now I can get the system to see the network and try to connect but each time it kicks back asking for username and password. I put in the information and yet it still doesnt work.

We currently have a Dell E6400 with Dell wireless card 1510 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card. Any help or advice would be welcomed, it does connect to other networks fine just not any with LEAP.

D

You using username= machine\\username? could you tell us more abt your network setup

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22607-w7-leap-authenication.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hello,

i have a belkin wireless router that has wep encryption and im the only person in the neighborhood that has highspeed internet i would like to know of a way to have my network to be either encrypted with wep or not, BUT i want to to work as stated below.I want the network to prompt each user with a login screen to login to the network. My school does the same thing to keep unauthorized people out. How do i do this?

thankyou,

paul

A:network authenication

That would require the use of a Radius Server. Some wireless access points have the ability to use a Radius Server for authentication. But you probably can't afford to do that. There is hack out there on the Internet to turn a normal wireless accesspoint into a Radius server but I would suggest you use extreme caution.
http://www.tinypeap.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-authenication.420929/
Relevancy 52.46%

I use my own personal laptop in school. I connect throught a wifi connection and each time i open internet explorer it asks me to enter a username and password. Is there anway to set this so i dont have to type it. I think it uses windows authenication

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I originally had a WinXP computer which had some mapped drives one of these being to a shared folder on my work laptop The mapped drives were used so I could run a Robocopy script to backup my laptop to my WinXP computer Prior to wiping out WinXP and installing Vista Home Premium I took a screenshot of my mapped drives Now I can seem to get Vista to map XP - in Share Unable Vista to Fails map Authenication the shared drive on my laptop It keeps prompting me for a username and password even though I used the same username and password that I use when I log into my WinXP Pro laptop When I Unable to map XP Share in Vista - Authenication Fails first go to map the drive I select the option to quot Connect using a different username quot In Vista if I go to Windows Explorer and expand the Network I can see my laptop called quot Maxs Laptop quot I have set up the same IP address on my Vista machine as there was when it had WinXP Home running on it and the Workgroup has also been set to the same Furthermore I've turned off Windows Firewall as I use Zonealarm and I've set a range of IP addresses as being trusted What am I doing wrong or what is changed in Vista that I have to adjust BTW I can connect to mapped drives on my loungeroom PC which is running WinXP Home but I think the reason Unable to map XP Share in Vista - Authenication Fails I can is that the loungeroom PC doesn't prompt for a login password on bootup whereas my work laptop WinXP Pro does Unable to map XP Share in Vista - Authenication Fails Thanks

A:Unable to map XP Share in Vista - Authenication Fails

I'm sorry if you covered this, but I'm having trouble understanding: Are you trying to map a drive on a Vista machine to an XP machine or vice versa?

If you are mapping Vista to XP, you may need to check your Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center. Find your connection (it may already be displayed) and make sure the "File Sharing" flag is on.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/123389-unable-map-xp-share-vista-authenication-fails.html
Relevancy 43%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 43%

Hi! I did an new install of windows 7 (home first then upgraded to pro)
I want to hide a user by doing this on the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon \SpecialAccounts\ UserList ..then add dword32 by my username value to 0
I did this on my old laptop and it worked perfectly.

Now I've done the same thing on my new laptop. It works but stangely, the folder still appears in c\users.

The user is not visible in the panel control\users or at the start of the PC

I'm sure i've done the right thing, what is causing this? Could it be a bad install of windows? Please let me know if you have a idea!

Thank you very much for your help!

A:Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

If you log into that user it is going to have a user directory, regardless if you have the user hidden or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339572-hide-user-registry-stange-problem-user-still-appears-c-folder.html
Relevancy 43%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am using Vista Home Premium Registry - User on Leaks User Problem Accounts -bit and I am having problem logging in using my user account An error flagged quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User Account Profile cannot be loaded quot The Event Viewer window has these details Windows detected your registry file is still in use by User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES I was able to logged in through Safe Mode but still an error flagged in status bar that the profile was not properly loaded Although I was able to copy all data from that user account to a new account can I still troubleshoot the problem and be able to log in using the old user account I have all my shortcuts and archives there and quot every customized thing quot Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts

Hi aice and welcome to Vista Forums

Have you checked the information in the following Tutorial?

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223345-user-registry-leaks-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 42.57%

CANT FIND THE DEL BUTTON,,, 

NOT RIGHT PLACE FOR MY WRIGTING,,,:-)

A:1 account, 2 user names, but only 1 user = Big Registry Problem

What is exactly the meaning of this topic? Is it a queestion or a discussion?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563705/1-account-2-user-names-but-only-1-user-big-registry-problem/
Relevancy 41.71%

Help Please I've been searching this forum and on line all day I cannot find anything close to my problem or any instructions to help me fix it I have two user accounts on my computer Both have Administrator privileges however recently certain functions and capabilities have disappeared from these User Logons I think they have somehow become corrupt so I thought I would create a new user and Profile/ User Creation User Problem copy over the files minus the Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini HOWEVER when I open the Control Panel User Accounts and click Add or Remove User Account User Profile/ User Creation Problem - I get nothing No window opens I have even activated the built in Administrator Account through the elevated command prompt but was unable to rename as per the tutorial on here and it doesn't work either I think not being able to rename the Administrator account has something to do with me not having true administrator privileges When I tried to save the rename program into the Windows system folder I got a you must have administrative rights to do this pop up so I clicked to activate but it never placed the file in the system folder Other things discovered while working on this - I cannot see find from the start prompt local security policies - Manage Computer does not show Users amp Groups I can boot into safe mode and use the Toshiba Restore option which will bring it back to out of the box condition - but I believe I would have to reinstall all my programs - not something I want to do -- so this is a worst case Armageddon scenario Any idea on how to fix these profiles and or what could be wrong with Windows running Home Premium bit Sandy

A:User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Other things discovered while working on this:
- I cannot see/find (from the start prompt) "local security policies" 
- "Manage Computer" does not show "Users & Groups".

These are only available in the Pro version of Windows 7.

You should not need to rename the hidden Administrator group. When logging into the Hidden Administrator Account you activated, you cannot create a new user in Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562590/user-profile-user-creation-problem/
Relevancy 38.27%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,
I currently have 5 user accounts on my windows vista 32-bit computer and I needed to create a new account. So, I logged onto the administrator account and created a new user account. Then, I logged off the administrator account and tried to log onto the new account. However, I received the following message
The user profile service failed the log on.
User profile can not be loaded.
After receiving the message I restarted the computer and attempted to log onto the new account but I received the same message.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.

A:The user profile service Service failed the log on. User profile can not be loaded. Problem. Windows Vista 32-bit

Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456439/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-log-on-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded-problem-windows-vista-32-bit/
Relevancy 36.55%

My major problem is that I problem account and removal problem program User have two user accounts and I can t get rid of one of them On startup my screen shows the icon of the sunflower and underneath that the words toshiba Locked And then the option to Switch user I have been unable to delete the extra user account when I go to Add or remove user accounts in the Control Panel and try to remove I get a message saying Windows needs your permission to do this If you started this action continue User accounts Control Panel Microsoft Windows When I click on the Details option in this window I get the following D EB A- F- C B-A B- BD B A and then the options to Continue or Cancel At the bottom of the window are the words User account control helps stop unauthorized changes to your computer When I click on Continue I get a screen indicating that User account problem and program removal problem I have two accounts toshiba Administrator and a Guest with an option to turn it on So far I have been unable to delete this Guest account I have also been unable to delete a program ARO I get similar results to the above when I try to delete the unwanted program using the Uninstall procedure in the Control Panel except the Details option brings up User account problem and program removal problem FCC B -EC E- DD -A B- A A I have performed the procedures recommended at the beginning of this forum and the requested logs reports have been pasted below under my signoff If someone can help me with these problems I would appreciate it Thank you Robert Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Users toshiba AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE B GAMOH HijackThis exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users toshiba Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files blekkotb blekkotb X dll file missing O - Toolbar blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files blekkotb blekkotb X dll file missing O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run AROReminder C Program Files ARO ARO exe -rem O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C Windows system browseui dll O - Service Adobe Flash Player Up... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-and-program-removal-problem.1067350/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am using windows xp with two user accounts. Both desktops have minimal folders and stuff on desktops. The problem is when either user tries to go from the user page to the individual desktop. Very slow, sometimes paints black screen for sometime, sometime repaints desktop few times, sometimes goes back to user page.. and sometimes actually goes directly to the desktop.. very confusing. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this software behavior.
Thanks
GRSadow

A:User page to user desktop page problem

Hello & welcome to TSF,

could you check your device manager to see if you have any (red or yellow) quotation marks

if you do then this means you have driver issues / note down what they are and getback to us

also you need to follw this link

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

you will need to note any probs, that you have with any of the steps/ save all logs to the desktop for ease of retreival ( DO NOT POST BACK HERE AT THIS THREAD) you will need to go to the (HJT LOG forum) here at this site / make sure that you tell the techs there of all problems when posting

stand strong for the techs there are busy

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-page-to-user-desktop-page-problem-206067.html
Relevancy 34.83%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 34.4%

My laptop came pre-configured from the manufacturer (Digital Storm, though that isn't relevant) and they assumed that the name of the default, admin account would be the name of the purchaser (my Brother). Since it's -my- computer, I would prefer to have it in my name.

The name of the account I've changed to my name from Control Panel.
but the path to my documents is still C:\Users\***
there is no option to change the name of the folder there is no (RENAME) in the list
I have already changed the name of the user account as appropriate

A:problem with user name

Hello Fazza,

Unfortunately you cannot change the name of the actual C:\Users\(user-name) folder. Only the name that appears for the account at log on and in the Start Menu.

A workaround for this is to create a new administrator account with the name you want. Next copy the contents of all of the folders (including contents in hidden AppData subfolders) in the old account's C:\Users\(user-name) folder into the corresponding new account's C:\Users\(user-name) folder. After everything checks out ok, you can delete the old account from within the new one.

Hope this help,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78324-problem-user-name.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I accidentically deleted a user (built-in), I found that I have no way to
add any new user.

A:Add New User Problem

Right click on "My Computer."
Select "Manage."
Expand "Local User and Group."
Right click on the "New User" folder and select "Add New User."

What happens??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-new-user-problem.407417/
Relevancy 34.4%

We use XP and my husband and I have different user IDs Now my husband can t access the internet on his user I m pretty sure we re infected but don t know with what here s our hijack log HELP PLEASE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS problem XP user system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C XP user problem WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C PROGRA Yahoo PARENT YPCSER EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe C Program Files Day-Timer Organizer SHARP Edition xserv k exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Works MSWorks exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Anti- hijack HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo common ycomp dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run TaskMgr C PROGRA INTERN tskmgr exe O - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MimBoot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mimboot exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM RunServices RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin REGIST EXE O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run Weather C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe O - Global Startup DataViz Inc Messenger lnk C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe O - Global Star... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-user-problem.333063/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have 3 users set up on my PC, running Windows XP. 2 users are fine, no problems with internet, just click, click, click.

The internet on my MAIN user runs VERY slow. I am talking 1 to 1 1/2 minutes to open one internet page to another after clicking on it. And, I am running verizon FIOS.

I purchased & ran UniBlue registry repair. I didn't see any difference.

Since this is my Main user account for my business, what are my options? Save and delete and then start over? OR..........is there something else I can try?

This is "user specific" and only with my main user.

Thank you!
Tammy

Relevancy 34.4%

i have used pcs for years but this user new problem new - one got me real good and i cant seem to fix the problem hoping you guys can helpgot attacked by aurora a month ago i new user - new problem think using spybot s and d adaware nailfix and others i think igot it all but i still have no internet explorer fortunately i installed mozilla about months ago this is my only way online but i would like ie back if possible i have run everything in safe mode then run hijack this heres the log file new user - new problem thx in advance Mod edit E-mail address removed for spamming protection Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System devldr exeC hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Default http fastsearchweb com srh php q sO - BHO PicShow Class - C- EC - A - E- D D FDD F - C WINDOWS System pkshagzk dll file missing O - BHO ohb - ADE - AB - B -A F -AC DE - C WINDOWS System nsd dll file missing O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C PROGRA Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run DellTouch C WINDOWS DELLMMKB EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA MouseWare SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run PrinTray C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exeO - HKLM Run Lexmark X Button Monitor C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X exeO - HKLM Run Lexmark X Button Manager C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SymNetDrv SNDMon exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run exp exe C WINDOWS System exp exeO - HKLM Run DIAGENT C Program Files Creative SBLive Creative Diagnostics DIAGENT EXE startupO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS Updreg exeO - HKLM Run AHQInit C Program Files Creative SBLive Program AHQInit exeO - HKCU Run WatchCat C UTILS watchcat WCAT EXEO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run SurfSideKick C Program Files SurfSideKick Ssk exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button AOL Instant Messenger SM - AC E - - d -BC D- B ... Read more

A:new user - new problem

forgot to add... i ran cleanup, nailfix, then adaware, spybot and hj this all in safe mode b4 posting...

and the ie screen loads.. but just says connecting to xx.xxx.xxx.xx at the bottom.. and then times-out

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30981/new-user-new-problem/
Relevancy 34.4%

In attempting to install a router I inadvertently setup a confusing array of user/administrator accounts which leaves me unable to log in as administrator. Two things 1) My description of the problem leaves people confused and unable to help. 2) Given that people can't really know what my intent is in trying to log in as admin. there are obvious ethical issues involved. It's understandable. I want all those user accounts wiped out so I can just start up without logging in as I did before. Will re-installing Windows do that?

Relevancy 34.4%

hi to all, i dont no if if i am posting it at right place, any wayz, i got some problem with vista, i have bought a new laptop wid vista on it, but ihave install adobe illstrator and corel Draw on it, installation went ok but now i am trying to open it but i does not allow me to open that program, as it says hat i dont have proper privilage , log on from user with adminstrative privilages, and i am already log in from administrator. please help me, any help would me much appriciated. thanks alot.

A:user problem

Hi, Welcome to TSG! You are right, this room is for introductions only, a moderator will move it to the correct area.
Feel free to introduce yourself here after it is moved
Good luck on your problem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-problem.723138/
Relevancy 34.4%

I decided to reset my computer and put it back to windows 8, everything went well except for the fact that this "other user" log in page popped up. I tried everything but it kept saying wrong password or wrong username. If anyone has any solution it would be very helpful. thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/67955-other-user-log-problem.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Gang I hope you guys can help me resolve this problem. Trying to install some microsoft things on XP gives me a strange error message. I've tried to find a cure but can't see anything. (I have included an attachment)

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi !!!

I'm using Win XP sp3...I've multiple users on Win XP...the problem occurring is that whenever i log on to any other user other than mine an error occurs Explorer.exe "the file failed to initialize" n after that the screen goes blank...why is dat so? my user works absolutely fine but no other user works...i've deleted n created new users but all in vain the same probs occur...

A:User log-in problem

log into your user, go to control panel, administrative tools, event viewer and look at the logs. What error messages are the failed login generating?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-log-in-problem.778826/
Relevancy 34.4%

hello! iv'e had this problem for about 3 weeks. everytime i try to log onto my user name i will click my name then when i try to put in my password it's just a blank white box with the cursor missing. i still typed in my password even though i could not see it and about 5 mintues later it loged on. now sometimes its faster sometimes its slower. i have scanned with avg and malawarebytes and i found nothing. now today when i tried to scan with malawarebytes like 150+ pop-ups saying low memory and other different stuff i can not remember i got the task manager up and just deleted all them. what should i do

A:log in under user name problem?

It sounds like the malware is blocking both AVG and Malwarebytes. Try running MBAM in safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250285/log-in-under-user-name-problem/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have for user problem UAC std an admin acct and a std user acct UAC problem for std user - I run in std user most of the time It is becoming a PITA because it keeps asking me for an admin pw for just about anything I tried to chg the UAC but it tells me I must be logged on as an admin user If I do that I can chg the admin user but it does not affect the std user - it is stuck at level if I chg the std user to admin I can chg UAC under the user login but if I go back and chg the login back to std user the UAC is back to level My purpose of running as a std user is for anti-virus reasons I have a good AV program but it seems UAC problem for std user to me that some things that were installed invisibly when running as an admin user don't happen any more I have read all the UAC issue posts I can find but none r exactly my problem and no solutions fit either I tried making std user a member of power users and others but that didn't do anything - unless I need to configure power users somehow I even get prompts to allow ASUS utilities amp help programs to run at boot up how can I chg the UAC for the std user will that stop all the prompts to run programs and change things If not is there anything I can do in the group policies to make some things work without UAC control thx I can't even delete a shortcut from MY desktop without admin pw

A:UAC problem for std user

I'm sorry, but that's the entire point of using a standard user. Locking the user out of anything that might damage/screw up the PC. Standard user can only use normal programs already installed.

I suggest to run with an admin account, with UAC turned on at max safety AND the screen dimming thing when you see the popup.
That screen dimming and lag isn't just cosmetic and annoying.
It is supposed to lock down any other program and accept input ONLY from hardware keyboard and mouse (hence the lag).
This to avoid malware from simply doing its stuff and clicking Ok on the popup (which would be pretty trivial).

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/295764-uac-problem-std-user.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Sigh,
been search for awhile now and cant seem to find my similiar problem.

I have my Username on the box I'm using as a server as, IronServer7
Login/Start menu says IronServer7,
user file says Owner,
accessing the computer via network, username is owner, but password matches for IronServer7.

help please...

A:User name Problem

Quote: Originally Posted by symp

Sigh,
been search for awhile now and cant seem to find my similiar problem.

I have my Username on the box I'm using as a server as, IronServer7
Login/Start menu says IronServer7,
user file says Owner,
accessing the computer via network, username is owner, but password matches for IronServer7.

help please...

Actually that's a good security move....

Easy way... create a new account... move your stuff over... delete the old one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76431-user-name-problem.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Upon Installing afresh XPSP2 Home Edition, I made a mistake when opening a new desktop account that I share with another. For myself I entered the name "Lary" when in fact I wanted "Larry".

After a day or 2, I noticed the mistake and easily corrected the spelling in:
Control Panel
User Accounts
Cannge An Account
Change My Name

Now I have the correct spelling on the desktop log in page,

However Under:
My Computer
C
Documents and Settings
My folder is still mispelled Lary.

I am unable to right click and rename the folder, because I recieve the message:

" Lary is a windows system folder and is required for windows to run properly. It cannot be moved or renamed"

Is there a solution to this problem? It would be nice to have my name back

Thanks,
Larry...that's 2 r's

A:User Name Problem

Larry....with 2 r's.
If the computer is running fine. I would leave well enough alone. Pain in the but, but if it does not affect performance....why fix it, if it aint broke?

But, if you would truly like to change it. that is beyond me. maybe someone else has an idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-name-problem.320637/
Relevancy 34.4%

I having a problem with my XP SP2 system when I create a new user. When logging in with the new username, explorer.exe does not start and will not start if I try to run it from Task Manager. I have searched here but cannot find a similar problem mentioned. Any help would be appreciated.
KP

A:New user problem

I failed to say that this only occurs when creating a user with a limited account. If the new account has administrative powers, it works just fine.
KP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-user-problem-141096.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Right this is my problem, up untill yesterday everything was OK, I had 2 users both with administrator priveliges one was my name and the other just said Administrator, the gust was off. Then I switched to just Administrator, now every time I boot up the administrator loads first and I have to switch user to get to my normall desktop. Ive tried to delete the administrator but I cant, there is no option to delete. All I want to do is get back to MY NAME desktop, Ive tried to restore but there was no restore settings.

A:User Problem

Hi smudger1767, please try the following:

When logged on (doesn't matter which profile as long as it has admin access):

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
control userpasswords2
- Click OK
- Check the box titled 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'
- Click Apply then OK and then reboot

This will now load the Welcome Screen where you have to click your name and enter a password (if you have one). If you want to load your profile automatically (in the same way the 'Admin' profile is loading at the moment, let me know and i'll explain what you need to do.

Hope that helps :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-problem-123439.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok here the problem. at work we have a company laptop that a former employee was issued. before he quit, he hid his login name so it does not automaticaly display when booting up. Ive tried everything i know(without booting from another drive) and searched multiple forums and the only answer i keep getting is "password recovery" when im looking for "login name recovery". the ironic thing is another employee claims to know the password, just not the login name which it is usually the other way around. I attempted to boot in safe mode and use an admin account, but it appears that one does not exist. Is there a way to find the login name without booting from another drive or using a 3rd party program? this is the first time i have faced an issue quite like this. any info or links would help, thank you.

A:User Login Problem

You logged in with the Administer account and looked at the profiles and accounts, and you can't find any evidence of this "hidden" account? That's certainly something I've never heard of before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-login-problem.563787/
Relevancy 33.97%

Just had a problem with my computer It runs Windows XP Home Edition I was opening internet explorer earlier and the screen went crazy and the computer froze and made this weird beep noise I manually shut it down restarted and tried to go to my account on the computer There are user accounts on this computer I got back to the desktop and tried to open internet explorer back up but it wouldn t open Nothing will Not even My Computer or Recycle Bin I can user accounts problem XP barely get the Start Menu up I finally got the Start Menu up and restarted and tried again but the same thing happened So I went to the other user account on the computer and everything was as smooth as can be Internet runs fine and the speed is perfect I am on that account XP user accounts problem right now I tried to delete the other account but it wouldn t let me the window just froze I did a virus check and it came back clean I didn t think it would affect just one user anyways but just did as a precaution Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

hi guys
i got problem with net user command as i explain it below:
if you have user name which is seprated by space then net user does not woek for that user for example
if your ser name is :john smith (with space between )
and type :net user john smith 123 which mean change password of john... to 123 it give you error i have also tried this sturucture as well:

net user johnsmith 123
net user john20%smith 123 (20% in cmd mean space )but no resullt
any idea how to solve this matter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/net-user-command-problem-in-xp-205314.html
Relevancy 33.97%

May have posted this on the wrong thread so have a look here if you think you can help

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/665753-activesync-problem-second-pc-user-new-post.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/activesync-problem-for-second-pc-user.665755/
Relevancy 33.97%

All of a sudden my user account,"Owner", is asking for a password. I don't remember ever having assigned a password there. Also, when I try to log in under "Owner" I get a message " The User Profile service failed to the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded" I don't recall ever having established a profile for this account. I am able to log into another account but I have no data there. All my data is in the user account "Owner". I don't want to establish any more accounts because my data is all in the "Owner" account. I am able to use the internet under the other account but all my Favorites are under the "owner" account. Any ideas?

Glenn

A:user account problem

By the way, I am using Windows7.

Glenn

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-account-problem-930138.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello all I have a bad situation on my PC that I should have fixed but here I am Last year my XP Account User Problem home was basically crashed wouldn't boot up just kept restarting A friend of mine had an authorized version of XP pro that could be installed which I did I was User Account Problem able to get to all of my old files on the quot home quot version and all was fine I should have retrieved everything and wipped the system Here's the problem now My wifes user account I have three accounts at log on screen took some sort of a hit When she logs her settings are all different and her documents are gone in desktop and my docs User Account Problem folder When I log into my account I can see her original folder as well as one that has a dot followed by some numbers It seems her account split off into a modified account I was able to get some of the documents retireved but some things like Quicken data User Account Problem appears to be gone If she was hacked they have our balances but nothing else really as account numbers are not stored in Quicken Is there a way to restore her log in so that her original user account appears At the log in screen it looks the same but when you click to log in it takes her to this other account Thanks Just thought to add this item before this happened we were quickly apporaching a full hard drive GB capacity I just hadn't had time to transfer stuff to our external hard drive Maybe this problem led to the other I've got about GB free now there was less than free space when the problems began So I guess this could be the problem or does anyone think this is virus MW related

A:User Account Problem

OK...to make it worse....this morning when I loged on I received a message that Norton staopped its scan becaus ethere was not enough memory. I had just moved 12 GB to an external drive. Now it says I once again only have 1 GB remaining on th ehard drive! Somebodies loading stuff on to my PC.....or it's being used as a host?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-account-problem-409687.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i am having problem with windows 7 user profile.
i hav made 2 profiles, main one works fine but when i log in to 2nd account then i wont load. instead a temporary profile gets loaded everytime.

i am using windows 7 home basic 64 bit OEM
i need a solution for this asap. thanks in advance

A:user profile problem

Hello Rajbirm and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if this may be able to help you. It's good for Windows 7 as well.

User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/87972-user-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have problem with a user on a network of computers. He manages to avoid some of the equipment FortiGate settings and certain restrictions. Since it uses different methods, although the user has only user rights, I would like to implement a secondary measure blocking the user with some restrictions I have a FortiGate machine which provides internet within the network computers and I want to introduce a system (Windows / Linux with some software restriction) between the firewall and the user by restricting certain things (Facebookm yahoo, cloud) restrictions for this user. Any suggestion is welcome....

A:Security problem with user

MIght be off topic.  If your network is in a business environment, and the user is surfing the net while he should be working, the powers that be in the organization may want to implement the ultimate filter and terminate his employment.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616101/security-problem-with-user/
Relevancy 33.97%

So I accidentally changed my computers SID and my system created a new user account "Taylor-TaylorPC" Where my old username was Taylor and my computer name is TaylorPC. It locked me out of my old user folder, so I can't access my files. What should I do? If there's no solution, how can I back up the files if I can't access them?

A:Problem With User Accounts

I am assuming that the new user has administrator access - assuming this you should be able to right click on the old user name folder under c:\users and use properties - advanced - and ownership to take ownership of the folder tree
This should allow yyou to ceess the folders and contents (if UAC is active you may find that it asks for elevation )
Without Administrator access things are possible but will be a lot more difficult

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/25867-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have reinstalled widnows, but when I click switch user, it returns to the welcome screen as normal, but when I try and log into anotehr account, the screen either 1)Goes black with a flashing white cursor in the top left corner for a while before returning to the welcome screen or 2) Flashes blank and stays in the welcome screen

I Haven't got a clue what is causing this!
Appreciate any help given,
Richard John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-user-problem.203377/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys I hope I posted at the right section My XP has been giving me problem recently like the explorer exe keep using of my CPU resulting my laptop to hang user problem and device a lot I tweaked a bit with device and user problem msconfig but not sure if that s the caused my device and user problem laptop problem now The symptoms are - No sound sound card not detected can t use the volume mixer - All installed hardware not displayed in device manager blank - Computer Description in the General Tab of System Prop greyed and blank - System restore only has one restore point which is when I encountered all this problem - Unable to use internet network card not detected - Unable to connect to external disk or usb drives but ablem to open via Words - The processes tab in Task Manager no User Name listed usually there my username or SYSTEM but now only SYSTEM for System Idle Process - Under the Users tab of Task Manager none listed Usually there is my username listed - Same symptoms even under safe mode - Under normal mode Oulook Express keep poping up telling me it needs to clear up some stuff I m currently using my housemate s laptop to check if there is a solution for this problem I ll try and install hijack this today but not sure if this is a system error or some sort of virus attack Thank You nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-and-user-problem.769237/
Relevancy 33.97%

The main user account used on this computer is the family account but for some reason although no new accounts have been created, all of the documents and settings of this user have been placed under a different user called Family_2. At the log on screen there is no other user, just family. All our documents and emails are basically hidden in the computer and I don't know how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Problem with user accounts

possible the user profile is corrupted.
try creating a new user and see everythign works in it.

Then login as administrator and copy the stuff from old profile to new profile.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-accounts-79674.html
Relevancy 33.97%

So my parents magically destroy computers fairly often and both deny fault so I've decided to lock down their computer a lot. I remember back when I was in school, they made it so the computer auto logs into the guest account and it would reset to a default with some applications that all users can use every time the computer resets. Stuff that would be installed would get uninstalled after shutting down unless you get admin permission. You could delete stuff without it asking for password but it would always set back to default after shut down anyways. I'd really like to now how to do this so I don't have to do reformats every 6 months. It's like they go into the registry and mess around

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-getting-the-right-user-settings-265962.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Recently the hard drive on my PC was wiped I got the PC back with one admin account on Problem Accounts User it User Accounts Problem quot Owner quot I go ahead and put the other accounts I had on before admin for myself and other limited accounts Now when I next load up the PC it should to my understanding go to the Welcome Screen and the Owner account should be hidden showing only the accounts I put on ready for who ever to log on User Accounts Problem But it doesn't it goes and logs straight into the Owner account So I try to use the admin account I created to delete it I can't - the option simply isn't there So I create another account and still can't - but the option is there to delete the other account that was an admin setting Basically I want XP to load up on the welcome screen not auto logging in to the quot Owner quot account with it being hid from that menu like it should be any ideas

A:User Accounts Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by madden1706

Recently the hard drive on my PC was wiped.

I got the PC back with one admin account on it, "Owner".
I go ahead and put the other accounts I had on before, 1 admin for myself and 3 other limited accounts.

Now when I next load up the PC it should to my understanding go to the Welcome Screen and the Owner account should be hidden showing only the 4 accounts I put on ready for who ever to log on.

But it doesn't, it goes and logs straight into the Owner account.

So, I try to use the admin account I created to delete it. I can't - the option simply isn't there. So I create another account and still can't - but the option is there to delete the other account that was an admin setting.

Basically I want XP to load up on the welcome screen not auto logging in to the "Owner" account, with it being hid from that menu like it should be.... any ideas?

Have a look at this article.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-problem-336059.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Because of another vista problem i had to run Destructive Recovery.
While that was working, the recovery had completed and was now working on startup/installing. and then it froze and so i had to restart it.
then when it started up again, it ran some files through a black screen then took me to the login place and the only login was named "Other User" which asks for a username and password and i have tried all options and it doesnt work.
i tried to run recovery again (by tapping F8 repeatedly, which takes me to the black page of options) however after clickin "repair" option it doesnt allow me back to Tech Guys Recovery page, just keeps sending me back to the log in page.
PLEASE please help! i have ALOT of coursework to complete...

A:"other user" problem at start up

hmmmm destructive recovery is never a good option in my book. Im afraid your only options that I see are to either hook the drive up as a slave to another or use a linux live CD to recover the files off of it, then reformat the entire hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277809/other-user-problem-at-start-up/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi!
My problem is that im limited user in my windows xp home and I need to get Administartor privilages but there are some problems:
1) Our admin has lost his passwords so he cant make me admin.
2) Bios are passworded so i cant obtain admin privilages by reinstalling windows or any other ways that needs booting from CD or USB.
3) Local admin is passworded and password long forgotten :/.
So basiccly any feedback would be appriciated.
Thank you!

A:Limited user problem.

Hi:

I am sorry but our forum rules prohibit us from being any assistance with lost pass words.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/limited-user-problem-489525.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Please help!!!

On XP Home (SP2), one of my user accounts has randomly disappeared from the Welcome Screen, from the User Accounts section of the Control Panel, and from the User Accounts window that comes up when running "control userpasswords2".

However, it hasn't completely gone - the account's document folders still exist, and when I try to recreate it, I get the message "The account already exists".

I don't mind whether the solution is to get the account back or get rid of it completely so I can make a new one - it's just annoying to be halfway between the two!

Thanks in advance!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-problem.361586/
Relevancy 33.97%

Well,
yesterday i was uninstalling a load of problams, and my computer needed a restart.

when it came back on i pressed my fingerprint scanner, and it said somthing like "unknown user"
i tried logging in with the name and password, but when it logged on there was nothing on my desktop, and the background was totaly different...

then i realised, it wasnt my user!!!
a virus has locked down my account and made another account with the exact same name and password..

this user is a guest user.

i cant make users, i cant deleat users, i cant acess my actual documents, i cant deleat files, i cant install programs, i cant open system restore, i cant do anything!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

also when i search in google it redirects the result to www.myshovel.com

Relevancy 33.97%

HELP ME!

I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio and it has Windows XP installed on it. Well it was the one on display in Circuit City so I got it, it was the last one so I had to take it from the display. Well it had this annoying little gay startup demo program that came up everytime I booted no matter what user I booted up in. I found it and clicked uninstall. Well when I did that IT DELETED THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT!!!! Now all thats left is "Guest" and I need to get the damn Administrator account back. Reformatting and reinstalling is -NOT- an option as my laptop did not come with any backup/restore cd's. HELP PLEASE!!!

CASEY
Waiting... Impatiently.

A:Xp User Accts Problem!!!

Hi CaseyC,

Well, the good news is you cannot delete the guest or Administrator accounts on XP. I am assuming that you see the welcome screen. Press Control,Alt, Delete twice and that will bring you to an NT log-in. Type in
"Administrator"
and then the password.

That should work

Paul V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-user-accts-problem.82156/
Relevancy 33.97%

I accidentally moved the Favorites folder on the user folder. I fix the problem but when I open any icon on the Start menu or the Quick Launch bar, it gives me a security warning as if I had accessed a link on the Internet.
How to fix it?

My Windows is in portuguese but you can see the warning in the attachment.

Tks
Lark

Added by: Brink
Google Translate

Abrir Arquivo - Aviso de Seguranca = Open File - Security Warning
Deseja abrir este arquivo? = Want to open this file?
Atalho = Shortcut
Editor Desconhecido = Unknown Editor
Origem = Home
Tipo = Type

A:User folder with problem

Hello Larkbird, and welcome to the vista forums,

Could you post the actual text of the error message you receive as this will allow people to better assist you

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/186841-user-folder-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have tried to remove the previous owners information from my computer but when i go to user profile i get the previous owners name. EX. "LOGAN\Mike". I am trying to connect this computer to my home network but I am unable. LOGAN is the name I gave this computer and I guess Mike is the previous owners name. Why is Mike tagged to the new name of the computer?

All accounts on the computer are tied to the server.

If you want to delete the original owner of the computer then head to User Accounts in Control Panel delete the account, but before you do make sure you have another account created with administrative rights.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359379/user-profile-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

We are running XP Pro and recently a yellow window will come up when I try to switch users. It says "Attention Signal Frequency is out of Range"
H:68.6kHz
V:85.1Hz
"Please change signal timing"

And then the computer locks up.

What the heck do I do about that??

Thanks for any help,
Binkey

p.s. This website ROCKS!!!

A:Switching User problem

Thats a problem with your video adapter and it could be because the user you are trying to change to has set the video settings outside the range of the software or your monitor. Try rebooting in Safe Mode and changing the video settings for that user. If you suspect a game may have made those settings then uninstall that game. Failing that you may need to uninstall the drivers for your video adapter and then reinstall them again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14294/switching-user-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm running XP Home and I have 4 users.All users are administrator accounts.3 of them are fine but on the other account I cant even change my background wallpaper.most programs work but some refuse to.what could cause this.

A:user account problem

Looks like a corrupt profile.

Login under a different Admin account, move any personal files for that profile into a folder on the C Drive, then delete the profile and have the user log back in.

If that doesn't work, try removing the user and then re-creating a new login!

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem.89540/
Relevancy 33.97%

I found a post that told how to get rid if it here, and proceeded like it said but it's not working like the tech said it would in safe mode, is the fix specific to the computer it was talking about or can the fix be run on any computer? what do I do to fix?

A:new user winantivirus problem

Hi, The first step is to do this:

go to Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
Scroll down the page a bit...to see the File Repository area
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then save the log and then the log will open in Notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Please also do this:
Open Hijack This and click on the "Open the Misc Tools section" button. Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Click the "Save List" button. After you click the "Save List" button, you will be asked where to save the file. Pick a place to save it then the list should open in notepad. Copy and paste that list here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-winantivirus-problem.583182/
Relevancy 33.97%

the netbook with windows im using is working fine this seems to be something ive done myself I got this netbook from a friend and he had a account on it so I turned on the guest account and gave it admin perms and then deleted his account now the only account in the creation user problem system is the guest account and the system isn't letting me make my profile when using the guest account its not that it says I don't have permission its a error code x saying that it couldn't create the profile just before that it says it cant reach connect to the internet even though im clearly connected I use Verizon with fios wifi the best you can get and I live in FL which has fine connection the router is about ft away and it has a max range of ft so I don't understand why its not working please help I also have pictures which I will link below netbook tech support file - Album on Imgur thanks and hope to hear something soon -Ghost

A:user creation problem

my pc is a : HP Stream - 13-c020nr Laptop

here is a link to its info page on the official site.

- HP Stream Notebook - 13-c020nr (ENERGY STAR) | HP? Official Store

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/user-creation-problem-964529.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have an HP tablet running Windows 10. There are two users, let us call them A & B, and both users play Solitaire and Mahjong. Until today that is!
Now user A still has access to both games. However, user B can only access Mahjong. The tile for Solitaire is still visible but when touched the game does not load.

Any ideas please?

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/38012-problem-one-user-only-solitaire.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Whenever I log out of one of my accounts on XP it sends the computer into sleep mode or same mode or something. Al I know is I press the log out button and instead of going to the user select screen the monitor goes blank but the computer stays on, I tried pressing Alt Ctrl Del esc but nothing works but restart.

A:Problem with User Log outs

Refreshing...
It just goes blank when ever log off, any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-log-outs-65471.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i installed ubuntu on my new laptop.installed just fine.when rebooted it asks for user name and password.when installing i was asked for a password but no user name.now i cannot get into sytem without user name.thanks.

A:Ubuntu user name problem

if I remember correctly, ubuntu does actually ask you for a username. You might have looked over it, you might try entering your real name,(in case that's the username) you might try 'username' (assuming username stood in the text box and you didn't change it. maybe 'default' does something.

edit: I looked it up, and the installation guide said the following(this was for an older release, but this did not change)

You will first be prompted for the user's full name. Then you'll be asked for a name for the user account; generally your first name or something similar will suffice and indeed will be the default. Finally, you will be prompted for a password for this account.

https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu/installation-guide/i386/module-details.html

again, try your first name, if you entered that it correctly in the full name option, it should be your user name. Good luck! and reply if it doesn't work, and also reply if it works! =)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ubuntu-user-name-problem.91072/
Relevancy 33.97%

whenever i go to start - log off - switch user...

and it goes to the first windows screen where you see the list of users.. if i click on another user, it just turns black and nothing ever happens. i went to the control panel and changed it so you can do fast use switching, and i think mcafee security center doesnt like that, because i have to set it to allow the script change every time...

but it still doesn't work.
someone pleeeeease help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-switch-problem.408901/
Relevancy 33.97%

On the original user account the Internet connects automatically as it is set up to do (BT broadband modem). However the Internet will only work on my other 2 user accounts if the original one has been logged onto. All the accounts have full access, what can I do to stop this happening?

Thanks
Lydia

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-accounts-277899.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I currently cannot move or rename folders on any drive and my desktop icons Auto Arrange every reboot even though Auto arrange is not ticked I think the problem started with my user account I got the message quot user profile did not load correctly quot When I examined my quot Users quot folder I noticed that the quot Default and All Users quot folders that had always been there had vanished leaving only the quot Mike quot administrator profile that would not load and a think??? Account User problem...I new folder called quot Public quot Using regedit I went User Account problem...I think??? HKEYLOCALMACHINE SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWSNT currentversion ProfileList and altered the State and RefCount values back to My original user account User Account problem...I think??? loaded next boot but thereafter failed to load on following boots as the registry values revert I have tried all standard fixes ScanDisk ASC System File Checker Full virus scan with Kaspersky even windows defender and Malicious Software Tool Somewhere in there my quot Mike quot admin user account now loads but all my files and folders became read only by default and cannot be unticked which is probably why I cannot move or rename any folder be it on my boot drive backup drive or even the plug-in drive I can copy folders between drives I tried creating new user accounts but they hung and never got to the desktop at startup The full priviledge adminstrator created in CMD prompt would not load quot and the quot user profile did not load correctly quot appeared again I downloaded the registry key quot Fix Rename Bit Vista quot but it did not work I also tried giving Full control to all user accounts no luck I do not have any system restore or registry backups that predate the problems The event viewer is a mass of error and warning messages Any suggestions anyone nbsp

A:User Account problem...I think???

In System ; Event 7024
In Application: Event 4112, 4185, 4163

So its some thing to do with the MST transaction Manager????
But how do i Fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-i-think.964556/
Relevancy 33.97%

When trying to connect ipod it tells me it cant find my music folder, using tweak i try to assign my music folder but it does not show up in the drop down box. It seems my user accounts have been corrupted or become too confused...can you help me re establish a working accounts and all its correct settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-problem.459571/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

You guys have helped me with problems in the past, hopefully you can do the same again

I have 3 user accounts on my computer (Mine, the wifes and the childrens). None of them have any passwords attached to them.

Recently when switching from user to user i get prompted for a password, obviuosly as i have never set up any on the accounts i am unable to access the accounts and have to restart the computer. Once it has rebooted i am able to select any of the users without a password being required.

Any ideas why this is happening??
thanks

A:User Accounts Problem

For which accounts does this apply to? Just yours or all of them. If it is only one then mabye someone has put a password on them. Try doing a system restore (solves %30 of computer issues) and the see if the password is required.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109261/user-accounts-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

i cannot log on my dell as an admin. the guest user profile works but i get a "user profile service failed to log on" message anytime i try to log on as an admin. help needed urgently. thank you.

Have you tried safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-problem-632561.html
Relevancy 33.97%

hi guys
i got problem with net user command as i explain it below:
if you have user name which is seprated by space then net user does not woek for that user for example
if your ser name is :john smith (with space between )
and type :net user john smith 123 which mean change password of john... to 123 it give you error i have also tried this sturucture as well:

net user johnsmith 123
net user john20%smith 123 (20% in cmd mean space )but no resullt
any idea how to solve this matter

Relevancy 33.97%

Everytime I switch users it automatically logs in to my brothers user name which is very frustrating, any way to change it?

A:Switch User Problem.

Hello adz3d,

One method that would stop this would be to create a password for your brother's account. Afterwards, it will no longer auto sign-in to the account. This would be the recommended method.
Another method is to use step 1 in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to always have all users displayed on the sign-in screen to prevent this. However, if you click on your brother's icon, it will still sign into it without having to enter a password since it's not password protected as recommended above.

Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17295-switch-user-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I've created a new user for someone else on my local computer, but there is 1 problem; most of the stuff that is on *MY* desktop, is on the new users' desktop. The reason I think is because I chose "Install for all users", because I thought I'd be the only user on the machine. That changed and now I want a fresh desktop for this new user.
Any ideas?

A:Created a new user... 1 problem

Quote: Originally Posted by xChase

Hi,
I've created a new user for someone else on my local computer, but there is 1 problem; most of the stuff that is on *MY* desktop, is on the new users' desktop. The reason I think is because I chose "Install for all users", because I thought I'd be the only user on the machine. That changed and now I want a fresh desktop for this new user.
Any ideas?

You might have to un-install all those apps then re-install. Do you have a backup from before when then apps were installed?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/91665-created-new-user-1-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am trying ti install Stopzilla, when i do i get this error message. "there is 1 other user logged onto your computer, you must switch to and log off this user before you can continue" I am the only user (as administrator) there are or never have been any another user on this computer. Tried in safe mode , same problem, scanned with Eset, Malaware Bytes, Super anti spytware, Spybot etc. No viruse.. Ran Systernal Explorer only 1 explorer process so only 1 user..........Any ideas would be great. Several people (searched Google) with same problem

A:1 other user logged on problem

Is this the paid or free version? I have not used this stopzilla software but there are other free alternatives when it comes to installing certain protection softwares. Plus some on-demand system scanners like Malwarebytes and Superantispyware which could work side by side with your antivirus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456832/1-other-user-logged-on-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have logged on as an administrator and installed a third party software for my windows XP,I was able to access that software and work in it as an administrator,but any other users in the same XP computer is not able to see that program,as an administrator i am able to access that software through the system tray too,but the users cannot access it,Could any one help me out to resolve this issue

Relevancy 33.97%

When we logon to our company's User account on our Windows XP computer, it gives me an error stating that it is unable to locate certain files, it is logging me on as a Guest, gives me about a 20 second countdown, and it says any settings or changes will not be saved. This occurred after the boss's son screwed around in the computer and hid some files and deleted or moved other files in an attempt to cover his tracks. How can I recover/help my computer "find" my saved User profile again?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439547/user-account-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok so I have a Win 7 installation where the main account is ok but every existing account and even new accounts have this limitation:

The context menu is messed up, when you right click, you cannot create a new folder etc. it is greyed out.

You cannot pin anything to to the taskbar. The option is there but clicking it, does nothing.

I tried creating new accounts as I figured the existing accounts were corrupted but the same problems happens. This occurs regardless of whether the account is an administrator or standard user.

Aside from those two issues, the profiles seem to behave normally.

Also, I don't think the existing accounts were used beforehand as they were set up due to file sharing as they were set up to share with other users on different PCs. Therefore, not sure how long this problem has existed as I just noticed.

Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem.1153540/
Relevancy 33.97%

I got this problem my desktop icons/startups went missing

but when i check on the Users folder i can see them[desktop icons]

all my auto start are gone.. ex. anti virus, ym, msn, etc etc

its like that i have a new user account..

thanks for the help

A:problem with User account

Welcome,
Important things first. Changes like this do not happen. It can be a major problem
Run a full anti virus scan
Download and run malwarebytes. Full scan and update it first

If these are negative, try a system restore.

But be sure, we do not want a virus to sperad to restore points..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/124830-problem-user-account.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a picture that I want to delete. I have checked the delete image and saved. Also uploaded a new gif but still no joy. Im just curious as to why I cant either delete or upload new. Anybody got an idea?

Ken

A:User Profile Pic Problem

Try a refresh of the page or turn your browser off, and then back on, and see does it help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12535-user-profile-pic-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I did not create this group of users at any point and was surprised to find that several of my files in C drive weren't visible today. when I used open in Microsoft word I could however see the files with a lock against them. I saved one of the invisible files on the desktop and in properties --> Security saw that there was no authenticated user group. However, in the C drive files, the ones which are visible, under properties--> security there is the authenticated user group, along with the others such as administrator etc. I dont remember setting up such an account structure. Any help is deeply appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

A:Autheticated user problem

Authenticated Users as always been there and everyone that logs into the computer is part of it.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../dd277461.aspx

Quote:
Authenticated Users - Includes all users with a valid user account on the computer or in Active Directory services.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171953-autheticated-user-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I just got done removing tons of spyware with OldTimer I have a problem with my User Account in in Account Win. XP Problem User the control panel section When I click on quot User Accounts quot it goes to a blank screen with a warning prompt that says Automation server can t create object Next I click OK the User Account Page is blank Thier are forward and backward arrows on top along with the quot home Page Button quot next to the arrows but everything below is blank OK when I click on any arrow buttons I get anouther warning prompt that says g Navigator is null or not an object --It says User Account Problem in Win. XP everything I have typed thier I click ok and still the page below the quot forward amp backward arrows quot and quot homepage button quot is blank This has been going on for awhile now I have to add someone to the quot Users Account quot but I can t Also when I go to quot MSCONFIG quot thier isn t a quot BOOT INI quot section thier I like using that quot boot ini quot section to boot in safe mode it is alot easier My quot boot ini quot file is in C windows pss boot ini backup Instead of saying boot ini it says boot ini backup I fixed this problem before but I forget how to do it now Thank Alot for your time johnnycoolwhip

A:User Account Problem in Win. XP

when you get alot of spyware, and then remove it....alot of your xp system files will be corrupt.......alot of incompatibilities, lost files, errors.

I reccomend just a clean reformat if you want to fix it all.

do a search for boot.ini and download the original file and place it there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19765/user-account-problem-in-win-xp/
Relevancy 33.97%

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack When I try to sign in on my usual account it loads a temp account instead This started when User Problem Account one day I went to sign in and I got a message saying it could not connect to the domain server All my accounts are local and User Account Problem not on a remote server and is signing me into a temp account Now every time I sign into that account it just goes to the temporary account and doesn't even display a message saying so All other accounts seem to work just fine I went to go do a system restore and for some reason it was turned off and none of my restore points showed up I know for a fact it was on before because I had used it recently before On startup I get several system errors Quote The adfs service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file User Account Problem specified Quote The Adobe Active File Monitor V service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Quote The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to User Account Problem load Lbd At the time the issue started my pc was part of a domain I switched it to a workgroup all the other pc's connected to the router are set to a workgroup to see if it would fix the problem but it had no effect When I tried putting it back to the domain it said the domain could no be found so I left it in the workgroup I also tried deleting the temp account not the TEMP folder in C Documents and Settings but when I signed into the account it just created a new temp account The name of the temp account it create is David GAMES David being the username and GAMES being the pc name

A:User Account Problem

I know I am not much help here.......

adfs service failed - Maybe related to HP printer

Adobe Active File Monitor V6 - appears to related Adobe\Photoshop Elements 6.0\PhotoshopElements

On the system restore being off - possible malware problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-account-problem-518961.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My User Accounts window just won't open up. In the control panel, when I click on it, the hour glass cursor appears for about 3 seconds, and then stops. No window opens up! All the other shortcuts in the control panel work just fine. I've tried accessing it through the Run command, but nothing comes up. I've restarted my computer many times, which hasn't seemed to do anything, and the account I am using is the only one on the computer. What should I do? Thanks.

A:Problem with User Accounts

Give this a try http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-accounts-57164.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My wife has a standard user account, but recently tryed to log on and access was denied and a temporary account was automatically used.
I looked in the event viewer and got this message: Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. - What has gone wrong, and how do I fix it? Please help, it's driving me nuts!

A:User accounts problem

This problem may occur if the directory that is associated with the account has been deleted from the Documents and Settings folder.

1. Start the computer in Safe Mode, and then restart the computer.
a. After the Power On Self Test (POST), press the F8 key.
b. On the Windows Advanced Options menu, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
c. When you are prompted to select the operating system to start, select Windows XP <edition>, where <edition> is the edition of Windows XP that you have installed, and then press ENTER.
2. Log on as Administrator.
a. On the "To begin, click your user name" screen, click Administrator.
b. Type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.

Note In some cases, the Administrator password may be set to a blank password. In this case, do not type a password before you press ENTER.
3. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
4. Create a new user account. Windows makes a new directory for the account in the Documents and Settings folder.
5. Quit the User Accounts tool, and then restart the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-accounts-problem-306344.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I made different user groups in XP, but now I can't access the stuff I had before, when I was just the administrator. It kinda deleted the profile. So I cant access anything that was in the "my document" folder, or on the desktop.

anybody know if and how i can get that back? do i need to mess with the register or so? please help me out
thanks

A:User group problem

Could you explain the steps you took and what you can't access now and what happens when you try to access these things?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-group-problem.302287/
Relevancy 33.97%

I recent bought a second hand laptop with Windows XP It was used by someone as part of a network and I can t figure out how to remove his user information In order to do anything on the computer I must log on as quot forsterp quot with no password on quot CENTERCITY quot It argues problem. logon User with me if I try to log on onto quot CRLAPTOP this computer quot and if I remove the username from the login User logon problem. box it also won t let me get to the desktop All I want is for it to load Windows XP go straight to the desktop without asking me for passwords usernames locations and all that nonscence It s one laptop connected to nothing All I want is the basic My Computer Recycle Bin My Documents and nothing else beginning Instead I have to press Ctrl Alt Del to log in Pressing Ctrl Alt Del during use doesn t bring up the task manager straight away it brings up some box with buttons on it one is log out another is User logon problem. task manager It feels like I m using a computer from my college network Now I ve tried going into the control panel but there are no users there to remove There s no reference to this quot forsterp quot and no way to remove his crap from what I can see Now do I need to completely reinstall windows or can someone tell me how to remove his crap from my computer because I have no desire to rename myself forsterp Can someone help me I just want it to boot directly to my desktop No username no password no location whatever the hell that means and no goddam forsterp User logon problem. Thanks in advance TC nbsp

A:User logon problem.

This probably won't help, but, look in the network connections in the control panel and see if there is a network connection that may be associated with the username, if so delete it.

Or you may have to go into bios setup (f1) during startup, and delete any passwords that might be assigned there.

like I said this is a long shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-logon-problem.867836/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have set-up my Windows XP Home system so that there is one administrator and one limited user I am attempting Problem User Accounts to allow some of the folders within quot My Documents quot User Accounts Problem to User Accounts Problem be available to the limited user and some not to be However whatever settings I seem to set in the administrator account whenever in User Accounts Problem the limited user account when clicking on quot My Documents quot of the administrator it says access denied I understand that the default is meant to be that all files are available to all local users unless otherwise specified To specify this you right-click on the folder go to properties and then the sharing tab and then select quot Make this folder private quot I want to set it so that some of the folders are private and some are available to limited users however even when none of the folders are selected to be private the limited user cannot access anything I noticed that you can move any folders you want to the shared folder however this is unsatisfactory for me as the command line for all of the files has consequently changed and causes me numerous problems elsewhere I hope someone can advise Thanks Jon nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

We tried to correct a problem - Access 2003 would not start on two workstations. We found a "fix" on Mircosoft support that suggested exporting a registry key from a computer where Access was working. The fix corrected the problem with Access but we may have accidentally over corrected the problem. The users are unable to log with their old user name and passwords. Is it possible to undo what we did??

A:User registry problem

Possible using System Restore to a date before you edited the Registry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-registry-problem-375751.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have an HP machine that came with Vista When I got this machine it had some major hardware problems these were fixed I then had to replace th OS so I went with Win The OS installed fine but I used my name during the install process that was ok because I was going to keep it Then a very close friend of mine needed a computer because her old XP had died Problem User changing name I decided to give her the HP I went into system and chaged the computer name and control panel User s and changed that name both area s show that name But when I go into my computer C drive users my name is still there and I can not change it The only solution I know might be to get into Problem changing User name the regedit and change it there I just need help getting to the right area I hope someone can point the way thanks quot s nbsp

A:Problem changing User name

You probably should do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 so your friend doesn't have a computer with your leftover "debris" that can't be gotten rid of.

Something I learned to do a long time ago when doing a clean install of Windows is enter ComputerOwner as the username. It can then be given to anyone and not have someone else's name.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-changing-user-name.1029251/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, This is my very first post. I am having a small problem with my computer.I have managed to pick up a possible virus.Everytime I boot up my computer,my desktop comes up blue with a yellow warning in the middle.Also I have black beetles eat up the screen. As soon as I move my mouse they go away,but the message will not leave. I checked my desktop and I found ctfmonb located in the display properties.For some reason I cannot remove it.Also I cannot find it if I do a search of my computer.If some one can please help me get rid of this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks...

A:New User With A Virus Problem.

I googled that and over a MBAM they are working on it so I would suggest posting in the HJT subforum, it should be an easy fix with their toolshttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149774/new-user-with-a-virus-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have Vista Home Premium and my son put a guest user on without my knowledge and now I want to remove it and as much as I try this doesnt work. I haved tried all the googling but when I get to the screen that you click to delete that option is not there. All I have is turn on or off or change password for guest user. It means that everytime I leave my laptop for a extended period of time I have to type my password in (a pain) again as I am the administrator. Can anyone help?

A:Delete user problem

Hello Kiwibabs, and welcome to Vista Forums.

From within your administrator account you can only turn off the Guest account, then delete the C:\Users\Guest folder to wipe it out for now unless turned on again.

If you still have to enter your password afterwards, then check to make sure that the On resume, display logon screen option is unchecked in the screen saver settings. Also check to make sure that you do not have password protection on wakeup enabled.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228549-delete-user-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

For me, I have 4 accounts on my computer. I am the administrator. When I switch user to log onto another account, I click the name, and the screen blinks for a second, and brings me back to the Welcome Screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:switch user problem

Can you login to any accounts? Do allo the accounts do the same? How much RAM do you have? I think there is a requirement, something like if you don't have 128Mb RAM FREE (not total) then the fast user switching functions won't work.

Does this help at all?

Eli

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switch-user-problem.578188/
Relevancy 33.97%

I've just bought a new computer and it was set up to have 2 users, Mike and Dad. We didn't need the 'dad' account so I deleted it. However, if I go to C:/Documents and Settings you still find 'Mike', 'Dad' and 'all users'. If you try and delete 'dad' it doesn't let you, and if you try and change the name it won't let you either. Is there anyway of getting rid of this user? Under 'User Acounts' in control panel 'Mike' is the only user...

Can anyone help?

A:User Account problem?

Is dad an administrator account ?If so try logging in as administrator in safe mode and delete the account there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem.163713/