Windows Support Forum

Noticeable speed change + HD issue

Q: Noticeable speed change + HD issue

I recently reinstalled XP on my computer after erasing my entire HD, the problem is that it seems to be a lot slower for some things. For example, when I open a folder and drag the window across the screen, it's extremely laggy, when it used to be perfectly fine and smooth. Or when I scroll down on a webpage, it's also very slow and the frame rate, I guess, is horrible.

I suspect this might be because the Windows partition is 5GB instead of 30GB on my HD.

Also, I have a USB mass storage device and windows has made it the C:\ drive, and the internal HD is now J:\ How do I correct this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Noticeable speed change + HD issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Noticeable speed change + HD issue

Also, I have a USB mass storage device and windows has made it the C:\ drive, and the internal HD is now J:\ How do I correct this?

You disconnect the external hard drive and then do a full re-install of Windows and during it you make it do the drive C:\ First backup any important data and format the drive that the Windows XP is installed on now.

Here are instructions on doing a full install of Windows XP

Microsoft KB - How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

Remember to watch for where the installation program want to put drive C:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noticeable-speed-change-hd-issue.492824/
Relevancy 71.38%

I was hoping to get some opinions on how much improvement you would see if you would increase your RAM from 128MB to 256MB. We have a branch office who is connected via a vpn connection to our remote servers. The connection is 512 Kbps and they are connecting to a published application via Citrix and they also run locally on their systems Excel and a Web based email service. One of the employees decided to add another stick of 128MB RAM to their machine and they say it is significantly faster. They are proposing that they need to have more RAM added for all their systems now. I would imagine that the systems would be a little bit faster but not very noticeably faster. What do you guys believe?

Thanks,

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 54.61%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys So I bought this kick-ass laptop from MSI It is pretty good These are the specs in case they aid in finding a solution to my problem Name MSI WorkStation Series GT OKWS- US OS Windows Professional bit CPU GHz Intel Core i - MQ Hard drive TB RPM GB Solid-State Drive Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K with change is speed How (Transfer I do speed? extremely slow) CD-ROM GB DDR VRAM Hard disk description SATA Optical Storage Device BD Burner Cache Memory installed size Problem statement I am trying to copy files from a DVD disc some GB of data using the CD-ROM on this laptop The transfer How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) speed is EXTREMELY LOW It starts with almost MB sec at first but then after seconds or so it gets down to KB sec The transfer was going to take approximately hours which is a lot for a laptop with specs like mine I tried to copy the same DVD to another laptop which had much lower specs than my MSI the approximated time was minutes I How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) tried to update CD-ROM but it told me that it was up to date Please help me guys Best regards

A:How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow)

The Specs don't mean nothing buddy, however the specs of the DVD Driver do...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344382-how-do-i-change-cd-rom-speed-transfer-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a EVGA 9800 GTX+ right now, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130339 and I plan on getting this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130563. Would it be a good upgrade?

A:Noticeable improvement?

bump Can anyone give me some feedback?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noticeable-improvement.157903/
Relevancy 47.73%

Considering a couple laptops and honestly I have no idea how windows would run on a low performance system I miss XP that would run on anything Anyway so my options I was looking at was a notebook that has quot laptop with GB of emmc space with gb of ram or a quot with gb of emmc in more noticeable What windows 10? be would space but only gb of ram How much ram does win need What would be more noticeable in windows 10? to function well Both laptops are powered by a Intel n So does the lack of storage space make a bigger difference or will the gb of ram hold it back Windows and feel like tablet OS s compared to everything else I ve used so I have no idea Going to have multiple tabs up and running word processing netflix and couple steam games like Shell Shock Live I read somewhere that you can t install programs on SD cards in windows is that true If say I add a SD card for additional storage Thanks nbsp

A:What would be more noticeable in windows 10?

i have absolutely not benchmarks or really anything good to base this on. but i would almost guess windows 10 after some adjustments. Windows 10 have memory compression which can help elevate low memory issues and reduce swapping. but i have no idea if there is some other counter effect from something else in win10.
Windows 7 however runs fine on 4gb ram. 1gb not so much. ( just tried that today)

https://hardforum.com/threads/what-would-be-more-noticeable-in-windows-10.1911833/
Relevancy 47.73%

ComboFix - - - quot User quot - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Other problems noticeable Any Deletions C WINDOWS regedit com C WINDOWS system taskmgr com Drivers Services ------- LEGACY NPF Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS nircmd exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers AvgAsCln sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers AvgArCln sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME User APPLIC Any noticeable problems Comodo - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC Comodo - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Comodo - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers amon sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system imon dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers nod drv sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Hewlett-Packard - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME User APPLIC VSRevoGroup - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files VS Revo Group - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files AusLogics Disk Defrag - - --a------ C WINDOWS system CmdLineExt dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system d dx dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files PCPitstop - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers BANTExt sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Belarc - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME LOCALS APPLIC ASC - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC PSC - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Personal SmartCheck - - --a------ C WINDOWS system RwcLkRen exe - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME User APPLIC Devicescape - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Registry Repair Master - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC MySpace - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME User APPLIC Uniblue - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation - - --a------ C WINDOWS system ftdiunin exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers ftser k sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers ftdibus sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files ACNielsen - - --a------ C WINDOWS system FTLang dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system ftserui dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system default user class dat - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache repdrvfs dll - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache imapi fs dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system imapi fs dll - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache imapi dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system imapi dll - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache bitsprx dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system bitsprx dll - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache qmgr dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files MSECache - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache msvcrt dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME User APPLIC Windows Desktop Search - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Windows Desktop Search - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files MSXML - - --------- C WINDOWS system tsgqec dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system rhttpaa dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system aaclient dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system DRM - - --------- C WINDOWS system drivers rspndr sys - - --------- C WINDOWS system rspndr exe - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS l schemas - - --------- C WINDOWS system wlanapi dll - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache wzcsapi dll - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache wzcsvc dll - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache wzcdlg dll - - -----c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache netshell dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Windows Defender - - --------- C WINDOWS system kbdpash dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system kbdnepr dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system kbdiultn dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system kbdbhc dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system en - - --------- C WINDOWS system mmcperf exe - - --------- C WINDOWS system microsoft managementconsole dll - - --------- C WINDOWS system mmcfxcommon dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files MSBuild - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system XPSViewer - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Reference Assemblies - - --------- C WINDOWS system spmsg dll - - lt DIR gt d--h-c--- C WINDOWS SQLUninstallMSXML SP -KB -x -ENU - - --a------ C WINDOWS system SSUBTMR DLL - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files AutoPatcher -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/any-noticeable-problems-177913.html
Relevancy 47.73%

im planning on getting a hp pavillion notebook series 1000 but it has a CPU of 1.5 GHz (Celeron M 370). Normally i wouldn't care so much, but my desktop computer right now has a CPU of 2.00 GHz, and it goes pretty damn slow. so im wondering whether i should have a hp pc custom built from scratch in order to get a CPU (Pentium M 725 or higher), or does increasing the GHz from 1.50 to 1.60 really matter all that much, i mean worth for an extra 50 bucks and a week of waiting?
i would also like to know the gigahertz of CPUs you guys use most often. please help me on this. thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system that's been exhibiting periods of unusual slowness for the hardware I have.

It's a gaming system with an i7 quad-core processor and 6GB of tri-channel memory, which I also use for email, Internet, etc.

It was lightning fast when purchased two years ago but has slowed very gradually and now has noticeable slow episodes from time to time,

not just at boot but when using the Internet, retrieving email, processing documents, using Windows Explorer, etc.

I did thorough virus scans, disk cleanup and defrag, but it still hesitates a bit here and there. I suspect malware of some kind. I manually control

some startup services so I don't think I have that bogging the system. Can someone help me find out if something rotten has crept in?

Thanks, Gary

A:Periods of Noticeable Slowness

Hello Gary,lets look.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Run RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455502/periods-of-noticeable-slowness/
Relevancy 47.3%

User Boopme sent me here Slowness Periods of Noticeable from the quot Am I Infected quot forum to post my DDS and GMER Logs Topic referenced is here http www Periods of Noticeable Slowness bleepingcomputer com forums topic html OB I ran other diagnostics there and they didn t find any problems Note I m having some severe Periods of Noticeable Slowness health problems and they affect my ability to think clearly but I ll do my best to follow the directions I don t know what I should have specified as the Topic Title Please try to be patient I m doing my best at jumping between several browser windows and collecting the required information The DDS txt info follows The Attach txt file is attached I was asked to run GMER on my -bit Win system The directions said to tick every checkbox except IAT EAT Drives Partition other than Systemdrive and Show All Unfortunately the only clickable checkboxes were Services Registry and Files The rest were grayed-out I ran GMER with these options and it did not report any problems so there is no rootkit scan report to attach to this post My system still has times when it seems slower than normal but maybe it isn t caused by malware I do have another symptom - one that happened much more recently than the slowdown - of a false MSE Alert but maybe you want to deal with that separately DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Gary at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV ESET Smart Security Enabled Updated DEAFED- - B- A - CA CD SP ESET Smart Security Enabled Updated CCBF E -A - FC - F - A C SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW ESET Personal firewall Enabled FE EC -CB - - EFE- E BAA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security x ekrn exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXEC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exeC Program Files x Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exeC Program Files x Garmin Lifetime Updater GarminLifetime exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Windows system DllHost exeC Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Updatus daemonu exeC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Program Files x Windows Live Mail wlmail exeC Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Windows splwow exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows Sy... Read more

A:Periods of Noticeable Slowness

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/464797 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464797/periods-of-noticeable-slowness/
Relevancy 47.3%

Spybot SD (1.6) tells me that it cannot get rid of Smitfraud. I tried the Smitfraudfix tool (probably shouldn't have without guidance), but Spybot still tells me that the Smitfraud malware is there. Here's my HJT log. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

P.S. When I signed into bleepingcomputer today I did NOT see the security lock icon in my browser window. Do you not use encryption on your sign-in page?

(Log removed - Problem resolved 8/8/08)

A:Smitfraud - Otherwise No Noticeable Problems

After researching this problem on Spybot's Web site, I have reached the conclusion that Spybot is giving me a false positive on Smitfraud. I have never had a false positive from Spybot on any computer before, so I it is with some reluctance that I submit this post. However, this computer has displayed none of the symptoms that go with Smitfraud. The sad news is that Smitfraudfix has erased the wallpaper I had on the desktop and now I can't find it again. Oh well.

-Edit- I am not sure what has changed. I ran adaware. Then I ran Smitfraud.exe one more time. Now Spybot is coming up clean 8/8/08.

I am still wondering why bleepingcomputer's login page does not show encryption. Does anyone have an answer on that question?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162092/smitfraud-otherwise-no-noticeable-problems/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello and a preemptive thanks to whoever takes the time to help me out here Ran through the prep guide and followed all steps Everything came up with nothing besides tracking cookies while running S D I also used CCleaner and ATF Cleaner as well Computer Of Noticeable Slowdown and my computer is set to defrag daily The problem is a quot lag quot on all actions This varies from opening mp 's to playing games to browsing the internet It was working fine during the day but when I turned it on later that night it was when it started acting funky Logfile Noticeable Slowdown Of Computer of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Noticeable Slowdown Of Computer mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEc PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows Noticeable Slowdown Of Computer System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exec program files mcafee msc mcuimgr exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca ig dell hl en amp cli amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google ca ig dell hl en amp cli amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStartO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUN... Read more

A:Noticeable Slowdown Of Computer

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today. As you can probably see our HijackThis Team is incredibly busy at the moment, but I apologise for the delay you have experienced. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A HijackThis LogThanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135535/noticeable-slowdown-of-computer/
Relevancy 47.3%

For a while already on my Win7 system there's a problem that various disk reads take a couple seconds to start. It is most noticeable in games, where a game expects e.g. an audio to be streamed from the drive instantly, yet on my system the actual audio often starts playing a second or two afterwards (either causing a freeze or various weird de-syncs). It does not happen every time but approximately once in a few minutes (randomly).

It happens both to games on my SSD and to games ony mt HDD.

What can I look into regarding that?

System specs in my profile (detailed: hastebin )

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/386361-noticeable-lag-most-disk-reads.html
Relevancy 47.3%

To give a bit of history on my machine The machine was built in the summer of with Windows XP and upgraded to Windows Ultimate in PC Performance Noticeable Decline in late When upgrading I was under the impression my drive would Noticeable Decline in PC Performance be completely wiped but there is currently a quot Windows old quot folder in my C Drive with a number of old files from my Windows XP installation Noticeable Decline in PC Performance Unsure about the relevance but I figured I'd include it After installing Windows I noticed quick boot up Noticeable Decline in PC Performance times but a few months later suddenly boot ups took much longer Like one day it was near instant the next it was a couple of minutes and it has been that way ever since even with disabling all start-up applications Lately I've noticed my computer is not performing ANYWHERE near as well as it should be as when I play video games with a friend with a worse machine his machine performs much better The reason I'm coming to this board is that I just recently reinstalled a game I was playing in the summer of and my performance is significantly worse now than it was back then so I assume that something must be causing a problem AVG scans haven't given me anything and CCleaner and Spybot and all sorts of jazz haven't really fixed my problem Hopefully you guys can help me out Given the long history of this problem I can't give you much in the way of details about when problems first started to arise Let me know if there's anything else you need from me And also I do have access to a Windows Install disc but I would just need to rummage through my room to find it DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Kevin at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrS H exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation System Update UpdateCenterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPSideShowGadget exe C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x S... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/noticeable-decline-in-pc-performance-556248.html
Relevancy 47.3%

In the past week, I've noticed by computer performs certain functions a great deal more slow than previously. When emptying the recycle bin, it lurches along with the processor making that crunching noise for about 20 seconds or so. Also happens with opening up IE even though my start page is set as blank.

There weren't any noticeable changes in the last couple of weeks that I can remember. I did get on with GMail recently and I'm getting tons of pop-ups now.

Any advice?

A:Noticeable slowing of certain functions

My computer:

XP Professional
AMD 850MHz
768MB SDRAM PC133

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/noticeable-slowing-of-certain-functions-13628.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me out here because I'm majorly frustrated at this point Regardless of the device I use I can preview photos on the device and they are the correct color 'I'm losing my issue? this Photos or change - Is an a issue mind' graphics color They are also the correct color when viewed in paint photoshop or quicktime windows preview However they get fuzzy and green when viewed in a windows gallery or when uploaded to a site such as imageshack I can open the same file side by side one in photoshop and one in windows live photo gallery at the same time and one will be the right color and the other will be green Here are examples This photo appears blue to me Photos change color - Is this a graphics issue or an 'I'm losing my mind' issue? This one is slightly green and fuzzier The same file in the same format was used to upload both What really confuses me however is that I viewed the link to the green photo on a different computer and it looks the same as the blue one So as far as I know everyone who clicks on those links is thinking quot But they're the same and you're crazy quot Which is arguable depending on the crowd but they really don't look the same to me I'm using a Slimline s n with Windows Vista Home Edition and NVIDIA GeForce SE Graphics This is a fairly recent issue and is apparently inexplicably selective I have played around with saving the files in various formats but it doesn't make a difference and also doesn't explain why I view the same file in the same format differently depending on what program I use and when I upload it Anyone have any idea what's happening here

A:Photos change color - Is this a graphics issue or an 'I'm losing my mind' issue?

Hello, yes, they looked the same to me, as to why one program shows blue, and another shows green is weird tho.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294785-photos-change-color-graphics-issue-im-losing-my-mind-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My computer runs at 66Mhz for it's bus speed, and likewise I have pc-66 ram. I'm thinking of increasing the bus speed to 75 or 83mhz, but what of the ram, can it handle these new speeds?

A:what happens to RAM when you change bus speed?

Only way to find out is try it. some does, some don't. Just go up in small increments and run for awhile to see if it's stable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-happens-to-ram-when-you-change-bus-speed.32521/
Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a software way, perhaps through contol panel where one can slow down the cd-rom to improve insallation of software?

A:CD-Rom change speed

Have your tried right clicking on my computer, properties, performance tab, file system, cdrom tab, decrease the supplemental cache size, I have heard this helps with installation of some types of software. Otherwise I don't know how to change the speed of a cdrom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-change-speed.34978/
Relevancy 46.87%

something very strange happen to me
what would cause a compter to downgrade from a Amd athlon xp 2400 (2000 MHz), to be listed now as AMD duron 1.47 GHZ

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a supposedly 1400 MHz Athlon CPU, and at startup the screen indicates that it is running at that speed. But recently, when I started my computer it said that it was running at 1050 MHz...Any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there-
I was hoping someone could help me. I pay for a service for 512K wireless, but Im running slow. I have 2 computers hooked to a netgear router- when i go to my local area connection it always says speed 100.0 mdps. How do I bump up the speed? Ive looked through the router settings and local area connection - havent found anything. I would appreciate any help.
Thank you
Karena

A:how to change speed

You are comparing apples and oranges. The 512k wireless speed you have and the 100 mbps speed are totally different. The 100mbit speed is your local network speed, it has nothing to do with the Internet speed.

I would guess you bump up your speed by buying faster service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-speed.637555/
Relevancy 46.87%

Tipster advised me to,"Just make sure you set the Network cards to 1000mbps instead of Auto."
I recently bought a new router--Netgear WNDR3700.
I'm running Vista Home 64 bit on a Gateway FX6800-01e and thought that I could change the setting by going to Control Panel, then Device Manager---but there seems to be no way to change the NIC speed there.
Am I on the wrong track?
I'm curious to know why it's better to change the NIC speed to 1000Mbps, rather than letting Windows choose?
Looking to learn--not doubting the advice.

A:How can I change NIC speed?

Manikle said:

Tipster advised me to,"Just make sure you set the Network cards to 1000mbps instead of Auto."
I recently bought a new router--Netgear WNDR3700.
I'm running Vista Home 64 bit on a Gateway FX6800-01e and thought that I could change the setting by going to Control Panel, then Device Manager---but there seems to be no way to change the NIC speed there.
Am I on the wrong track?
I'm curious to know why it's better to change the NIC speed to 1000Mbps, rather than letting Windows choose?
Looking to learn--not doubting the advice.Click to expand...

Vista like 7 you should see icon for network near the clock in the system tray? Do you see such an icon. If yes!

Then right click then open network and sharing center
Once you do that you should see to your right Change Adapter Settings. Do you see this link? If you do click on it and then right click on your network adapter. Click on properties Click on Configure, click on Advance, scroll down to Speed & Duplex this name may vary with different nics. Now change the speed from Auto to 1000 it might be 1.0GBps same. Also if you see TCP Offload make sure those are set to Enable.

How are we doing so far? Okay or not?

If you get lost along the way all the settings are in the Device Manager. To get to this in Vista or 7 you just need to right click on the Computer icon on the desktop or in the flag orb menu then click properties and select Device Manager. Scroll down for Network Adapter, click on [+] to expand then right click on properties then on Advanced, then speed & duplex.

You should be all set?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-nic-speed.145127/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello ! Well,the title says it all ! How to change my CPU fan speed ? I've tried with SpeedFan,nothing. I don't know how to do it in BIOS ,and im afraid of using it :[.
Can you recommend me any software ?

A:How to change my CPU fan speed ?

See the motherboard manual, Chapter 2: BIOS Information, Section 2.5.5 HW Monitor Configuration and the sub-section CPU Q-Fan Function on page 2-18. The default values are fine, but if you want to change the fan speed you will need to do it manually by setting the CPU Q-Fan Mode to Manual. If you're not sure about this, then leave it set at its defaults, as this automatically adjusts the fan speed according to CPU temperature.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297805-how-change-my-cpu-fan-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello!

I want to clean my fan, by making it go into full speed in a few minutes, go over with compressed air and repeat. That's what I was reccomended by my tech-svavy brother when he looked at it.
The problem is, I can't change the fan speed. Programs like speedfan and MSI afterburner doesn't find the fan (and my pc is not in its compatibility list, might be why). I tried to change the fan settings in BIOS, but there isn't an option for it.

I googled some more, but struggle to find a third option. Any ideas? If you need any more info, like what BIOS or specs, feel free to ask. Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-third-way-to-change-fan-speed.1169613/
Relevancy 46.87%

My PC has DDR 400 RAM but in BIOS it ses its 333Mhz and i cant change it ! Is it stuck like that or can the bios be set up/flashed so i can change it.

A:Can't change RAM speed

Before doing anything, I suggest you check your mobo manual to see what's supported etc.

I definitely don't recommend a bios update, unless you know for a fact it is needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-ram-speed.118625/
Relevancy 46.87%

my laptop have a Intel Pentium U-5400. Is a 1.2GHz Dual-Core. the laptop came with a 133MHZ bus speed. if i go to see the specs of the memory, is a DDR3-10600. In CPU-Z, appear the Bus Speed in 133MHz and and a multiplier of 9 (the range is 5-9). So, i upgrade the ram and i put a DDR3-12800, and I want to put the Bus Speed to 200MHz. I know this is supose to make it via BIOS, but, the BIOS doesn't have that option. any recomendations?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-want-to-change-the-Bus-Speed-of-the-CPU/td-p/5614210
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all, I recently updated my laptop from Windows 8 to 8.1. Before updating, I was able to play all of my games just fine, particularly Skyrim, on high or even max settings. After updating though, the first time I loaded a save game it took nearly between 5-10 minutes to load (compared to normal 1 at most). After that they are better, but still much slower than they used to be, and I can also barely even run Skyrim at the lowest possible graphics settings. I know that my computer has the capability to handle higher settings. Did the update change some setting in performance that I am not aware of? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

A:Noticeable drop in performance after updating

OK, so after posting this, it occurred to me that Nvidia may have released new drivers after Windows 8.1 released. After updating my graphics drivers, I am back to my old high quality settings! Thanks anyway!

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/37367-noticeable-drop-performance-after-updating.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello My computer had been out for repairs for quite some days and they said they had formatted it to remove all the viruses Due to problem with a RAM card I have only MB of ram now I had earlier Things are noticeably slower although I suppose that is due to the ram decrease Also I have got a new problem My scrollbar keeps jumping around in Windows Explorer as well as most of the browsers I have I posted about this in the malware removal forum where one helper suggested running a MalwareBytes scan That threw up no threats But since then I have ran an Avast Boot Time scan which detected one item and Scrolling slowdown problem noticeable and Ad-Aware which detected suspicious files I just want to make sure this problem is not due to anything bad on my computer before looking for hardware problems I am giving the DDS txt as well as attach txt Thanks DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by first at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local localhost uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q Scrolling problem and noticeable slowdown s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO cc a- c- -ad c- af dc d fe - DAPBHO Class BHO FGCatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - e flashget jccatch dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - e avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - d program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - d program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - d program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - d program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - d program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class f e- ef- c- - ba dba - e flashget getflash dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - d program files google googletoolbar dll TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File TB CCCCCCDB- DDB- - D -DD C BF - No File TB DB BFA -A E - E- E A-C D CBF - No File TB D A - D - D - - E A - No File uRun ctfmon exe d windows system ctfmon exe uRun BitTorrent DNA quot d program files dna btdna exe quot uRun LDM d program files logitech desktop messenger program BackWeb- exe mRun PCTVOICE pctspk exe mRun avast h alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun zBrowser Launcher d program files logitech itouch iTouch exe mRun Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe dRunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe IE amp Download All with FlashGet - e flashget jc all htm IE amp Download with Download Accelerator Lite IE amp Download with FlashGet - e flashget jc link htm IE amp Search - p ZNxmk YYIN IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - d progra micros office EXCEL EXE DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java DPF E F - B - D - - BD D - hxxp www pcpitstop com betapit PCPitStop CAB DPF D - - - - AA B - hxxp download microsoft com download F E F E A - E - E - F F- C wmv VCM CAB DPF D C -F - D -A F- E - file d tempei ei msxml cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D EF - A B- C -A B - C C CF - hxxp www shockwave com content cinematycoon sis cinematycoon cab Handler cdo - CD A- B - D - DB- C FB D - d program files common files microsoft shared web folders PKMCDO DLL Handler ic pp - BBCA F - F F- D - FF- C D - d windows wc pp dll Handler mctp - d b -b c - d -b - c fe - d program files microsoft activesync aatp dll WinCE Filter image bmp - F FAE-FB A- D -AA - C FAE D B - d program files microsoft activesync cenetflt dll WinCE Filter image gif - F FAE-FB A- D -AA - C FAE D B - d program files microsoft activesync cenetflt dll WinCE Filter image j... Read more

A:Scrolling problem and noticeable slowdown

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222340/scrolling-problem-and-noticeable-slowdown/
Relevancy 46.44%

When I boot up my Y50, The lenovo  logo comes up and the windows 8.1 loading logo below it lags. It starts slow and then goes back to normal. The problem is, My other laptop which is also windows 8.1 it boots up 2x as fast even though my y50 has better computer specs. Both laptops have fast boot enabled. Edit: My other windows 8.1 laptop boots in 14 seconds while my Y50 boots in 35seconds. There is noticable lag when it boots up. Edit 2: A Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goqRedmDPcc&feature=youtu.be Edit 3: ALL good now!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Y50: Slow boot up and noticeable loading lag

It has nothing to do with the specs of the laptop. It's the HDD or SSD that came with the laptop.Lenovo seem to use very slow HDD's, upgrade to SSD and use your HDD for personal files.

Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-Slow-boot-up-and-noticeable-loading-lag/td-p/1686477
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, I'm trying to fix my brother's laptop. One of his friend's got a hold of it I guess I'd highly appretiate all the help I can get. For starters, I'm on Windows Vista w/ a Gateway Laptop. I've noticed some files associated with the words trojandownloader...and Myway.MyWebSearch . Additionally there have been occasional pop-ups (mostly) when opening a brower, and often the computer's settings go offline and "fight" me not letting me turn them back on. I've tried using AVG (free 7.5 edition) and Spybot (turning off things in the startup etc), so I think I took out the bulk of it, but the problems earlier mentioned still exit. I downloaded hackjackthis. When I get some feedback I'll post a log ^^ I just need some direction though to do everything. THANKS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-ups-and-noticeable-unwanted-stuffs-eheh.705340/
Relevancy 46.44%

I ve had when Hanging, noticeable down scrolling most Browser a problem with the browsers I use hanging It is most noticeable when I am using the scroll wheel on my mouse scrolling down a page in an open window It will hang for - seconds as though a script is loading or something At first I thought maybe it was a script or the page just waiting to finish loading but I ve let everything in the browser window finish loading and the problem just continues I thought at first it was a Firefox problem so I tried IE and Google Chrome and the problem persists in those browsers as well There is no problem scrolling up just down I Browser Hanging, most noticeable when scrolling down ve cleaned my system numerous times using Norton Spybot S amp D CCleaner PC Pitstop Optimize I ve also thought maybe it was my mouse so I downloaded new drivers and that solved nothing either It isn t causing any major issues it is just a nuisance that I have been putting Browser Hanging, most noticeable when scrolling down up with for a long time and have tried all I know to try to stop the problem with no luck Now I m enlisting the help of experts Thanks nbsp

A:Browser Hanging, most noticeable when scrolling down

possibly an add on affecting all browsers have an experiment with firefox safe mode no add ons and IE also see if any better

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-hanging-most-noticeable-when-scrolling-down.941049/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello nbsp I have an Acer Aspire R nbsp CPU Throttles 4210U i5 Charging When Noticeable It's the model with an i - U CPU GB SSD and GB of RAM nbsp Recently the CPU has been throttling enough to make a very CPU Throttles Noticeable When Charging i5 4210U noticeable loss in performance nbsp For example I'm watching a YouTube video and it's running at about GHz nbsp The video is nice and smooth nbsp I plug it in so it doesn't die CPU Throttles Noticeable When Charging i5 4210U and the CPU throttles as low as GHz the video's framrate diminishes and it freezes frequently nbsp My computer gets sluggish simply working on the desktop too nbsp I've checked all my power settings switched between the default ones made a custom power setting that has everything on high performance when plugged in nbsp Tried setting minimum power state to and it changes nothing nbsp ThrottleStop helps eventually nbsp It's not reliable nbsp Sometimes it fixes the issue sometimes not at all nbsp Also it's not thermal throttling nbsp In the attached video you can see a live temp monitor in the toolbar the temp is in yellow and to the left nbsp It stays a completely acceptable temperature at C nbsp And here is the video https drive google com file d B tnoWrIKUG Q NyeUVsTXItU M view usp sharing nbsp Any way to fix this nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:CPU Throttles Noticeable When Charging i5 4210U

Check the Acer Care Center application on your computer for BIOS update. Or you can check here: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers If you want to know what your current BIOS version is: 1. Right click on the Windows Start button2. Left click on Run3. Type msinfo324. Click ok According to the BIOS description on some R13, they did an update of EC which should probably fix what you're experiencing.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/CPU-Throttles-Noticeable-When-Charging-i5-4210U/td-p/422088/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.01%

hi all,
basically ive added another 1gb DDR2 800mhz stick to my system.
i have in total now 3gb DDR2 800mhz RAM
before i added the 2nd stick i had a 2gb stick. i have checked that each stick has exactly the same specs.
now, before i added the 2nd stick the speed report on boot up was 800mhz, since ive added the 2nd stick that speed has dropped to 667mhz :S im really confused. why would this be??
anyway, if this cannot be resolved would i be better with the 2gig at 800mhz or 3gig at 667mhz?
thanks guys.

specs
Windows 32bit pro
AMD 5200+ X2 cpu
M2N-E SLI mobo
POV GTX260 Premium OC
3gb DDR2 800mhz RAM
evo labs 700w PSU

Relevancy 46.01%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an old IBM aptiva 2176 c23, i like to tinker with it, it has the pentium 120 mhz cpu in it, it came from the factory with the jumpers set to 60 mhz bus speed, i have a diagram to change it to 66 mhz but am wondering if it is alright to do this? The diagram to change it to the 66 mhz bus speed is listed for changing the CPU to a bigger one and if you dont change the jumpers then you wont get the max processor speed, i plan on changing the processor sometime soon so i will change the bus speed then for sure, but i would like to go ahead and do it now and get the little performance out of it i can for the time being, will it hurt anything?
thanks

A:can i change the bus speed without hurting anything?

Usually the only thing that will happen if you change the bus speed is, the computer won't boot. Then you need to change it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-change-the-bus-speed-without-hurting-anything.239012/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ive been looking around for ways to change fan speed. I keep seeing people saying check your fan speed in bios, make faster in bios, open bios.. HOW DO I DO THAT? It makes no sense, can someone tell me in laments terms?

A:How do i change fan speed in bios

It's highly possible that your specific BIOS does not contain the tools to do so.

An alternative is to install a Windows program like SpeedFan:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-change-fan-speed-in-bios-265778.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I would like to know to how change the speed on my dell 966 printers fax

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have 3 fans in my PC, 1 of them is CPU cooler and another 2 are for blowing air in and out from my PC. The one what is blowing air in isn't on 100% and the one what must blow out air is just stopped so Where could i find place in BIOS to set their speed?

Or can you tell me some good program for that?

Regards

-Kenter

A:How to change speed of air fans?

You might want to see if SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer can help I have never used it so I'm not sure.

Are you sure the fans are not failing?

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261386-how-change-speed-air-fans.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
How can I change the CPU clock speed? I want to reduce it from 4000 Mhz to 3400 Mhz because it's too overheating for my CPU.

The previous AMD drivers allowed it but the new one's don't. Is there any software or anything you can recommend?

And don't tell me the Windows Power Option thing, it's doesn't work.

A:Change CPU clock speed?

Whenever I've changed the CPU speed , I've always done it through the BIOS , but you'll want to check the power settings also.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/32780-change-cpu-clock-speed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer is too slow switching off, and my computer is: intel quad-core Q9400 4 gb de RAM

So how can i have a faster speed?

Thank you very much.

A:How to change the speed of Switch off

Hi vvcv ,

Welcome to the forum

Have a look here:
Shutdown

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/214751-how-change-speed-switch-off.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Is it possible to change the scroll speed on my mouse for firefox? I noticed it is way faster on IE and Opera. Please help.

A:How do I change the scroll speed?

There are some extensions that do that I think one of them is called smooth scroll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/how-do-i-change-the-scroll-speed-131912.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Is there anyway to slow down the fan on this card? I dont know what happened but this only happened lately. The fan now runs at full speed.. or maybe it always had.. but its never EVER been this loud.. is there anyway to tone down the noise by changin teh fan speed RPM?

A:change 9600Pro fan speed?

Is the card/fan dusty? If it is give it a good clean.

Of course it could be that the fan is getting old and needs replacing.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-9600pro-fan-speed.47075/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Windows XP Pro, sp 2.

I need to know how to speed up or slow down the scroll speed. Right now when I push the down or up arrows on the right side of the screen, it's way too fast. Can someone please tell me how to adjust this speed?

Thanks,

royeo

A:How to change the scroll speed

go to your contol panel. an click on the mouse icon. in there you can change the scrolling size.
i think its something like 3,6,screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-the-scroll-speed.527855/
Relevancy 46.01%

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but here I go.

The Story: I have a Dell Dimension E510 with 1gb of RAM Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz with a processor speed of 533 MHz. I recently bought a 4 GB (Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB &#40;2 x 2GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 &#40;PC2 6400&#41; Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ), with a processor speed of ddr2 800 and installed it. After going into bios, it says

Installed Memory = 4.0GB
Memory Speed = 533MHz
Memory Channel Mode = Dual Interleaved
Memory Technology = DDR2 SDRAM

Why is my memory speed still 533 MHz and not 800 MHz? Can I change this?

A:Change Processor Speed

A pentium 4 3.0Ghz CPU has a front side bus speed 133Mhz. And quad pumped 133x4 is 533Mhz.

Now, your RAM is DDR2 ram, so you take the FSB speed of 133Mhz and double it to 266Mhz (DDR part). Then you take the x2 part and take 266 x 2 = 533Mhz.

Thus, your RAM is going to run at 533Mhz. The way to increase the RAM speed is to overclock the CPU and increase it's FSB speed. You could then take the FSB to 200 and then that would run your ram at 800Mhz. However, the Dell is not likely going to let you make these changes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/192557-change-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I noticed this problem just yesterday when I downloaded the Torchlight demo from Steam and started playing it on max settings Lo and behold I only got fps while playing the game noticeable --- by in Sudden in drop around games. 60% most performance Which is weird because I'm able to hit fps playing Crysis on max a game with much higher sysytem requirements After more observation since then I've noticed that my laptop in general has slowed down a bit --- the mouse movement isn't as smooth apps don't load as fast and the system in general doesn't respond as quick as before So finally I decided to benchmark my system again running Crysis on max Luckily I benchmarked it two weeks ago using Fraps and got this result on max settings Ultra Detail DX High-Res Textures Min Max Avg But just now when I benchmarked the game again - at Sudden drop in performance by around 60% --- most noticeable in games. the exact same part of the game I played before - I got this Ultra Detail DX High-Res Textures Min Max Avg That's a drop in FPS which makes me positive that there's something wrong with my laptop but I have no idea where to start diagnosing this problem My system specs are in my profile Help please

A:Sudden drop in performance by around 60% --- most noticeable in games.

I would start with checking and removing any malware, spyware and adware that might be on your system which does cause systems to slow down. Then go through your programs list and remove/un-install any software that you don't use anymore. Then use Ccleaner to clean up system and run the registry cleaner if you so desire. Then defrag your hard drive if not an SSD, then reboot.

Next, I would make sure I have all the latest drivers for all your hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/254427-sudden-drop-performance-around-60-most-noticeable-games.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm thinking about upgrading from 4GB to 8GB on my Dell Vostro desktop machine with an I-3 processor, running Windows 10. I run pretty generic stuff, but use Kodi for streaming video. This may be a dumb question, but do you think it would make much of a difference in performance?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49429-will-memory-increase-make-noticeable-difference.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Everyone I have been at BSOD no trends. times, various noticeable Persistant getting the occasional BSOD the past month or Persistant BSOD at various times, no noticeable trends. two which I shrugged off and presumed to be driver based After updating on each occasion and not getting one for a few days I just assumed the problem would go away It's been getting more and more frequent recently and after uninstalling all Firewall and antivirus programmes and still getting crashes this morning I am at the end of my patience so I now seek your help Here is the hardware details as instructed in the thread - I am running Windows Ultimate Bit - The original installed OS is Windows Ultimate - Full Retail Version - The system is about a year and a half old - I reinstalled Windows in January more as a clean up than because of problems I will post a few hardware information too I hope this is helpful - ASUS M n T-M LE Mobo - AMD Athlon II X Processor CPUs GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTS Graphics Card - GB RAM - Previously had AVG and ZoneAlarm installed both uninstalled still get BSOD I am aware Antivirus particularly AVG is a common cause of BSOD I keep all my drivers up to date as much as possible out of habit Attached to this post is the necessary dump info as requested Any and all hope eradicating these errors is much appreciated

A:Persistant BSOD at various times, no noticeable trends.

I just received another BSOD a moment ago, this time there was no error message to indicate what the specific error was nor what file or driver failed, however I did write down the bugcheck code. It was 0x1000007E. Sorry for bumping the topic to post this information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235618-persistant-bsod-various-times-no-noticeable-trends.html
Relevancy 46.01%

System Info - Windows Enterprise x - Retail - Age of system is about to years - Current OS installation is less than a week old Hey guys I was experiencing random crashes since about weeks ago and decided to re-format the computer Everything seems ok after the fresh install but it started crashing again the next day after I've installed all the tools I needed downloaded IMAP emails updated virus definitions and downloading system BSOD Randomly noticeable Crashes - says MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Last updates This is the rd re-installation and it was running fine for the past days until just recently I haven't noticed the BSOD messages before as it only appears for a few seconds and I don't have a photographic memory But the most recent one registered on my mind just enough for me to remember seeing a MEMORY MANAGEMENT text somewhere along the first few lines My suspects are either the HDD or memory module and with the latest error I was leaning towards the latter Anyway I'll let the experts take a look at my logs as Randomly Crashes - Last noticeable BSOD says MEMORY_MANAGEMENT mentioned in the BSOD Posting Instructions thread http www sevenforums com crashes-d tructions html Hope you can help me and thanks in advance --- EDIT I forgot to mention that the first time it started crashing it usually does right before the Logon Screen After the Randomly Crashes - Last noticeable BSOD says MEMORY_MANAGEMENT second and third re-installation it was usually just after logging in

A:Randomly Crashes - Last noticeable BSOD says MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Indeed, your issues are Memory/RAM related. Are you overclocking? If so please stop.
Run a RAM Test for at lease 7 passes & post back with your results. It is recommended to reset your RAM settings in your BIOS to their default values before running the test.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000005005, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff70001080000
Arg3: 0000000000000075
Arg4: 00000000000000f0

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5005

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: SearchProtocol

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002cf303b to fffff80002c931c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0682c818 fffff800`02cf303b : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00005005 fffff700`01080000 00000000`00000075 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0682c820 fffff800`02cb189d : 00000000`00000101 00000000`00000000 fffff700`01080000 fffff800`02cb463f : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x20575
fffff880`0682c890 fffff800`02cb0f8f : 10100000`a3e61025 00000000`a3e61121 fffffa80`069952e0 fffff800`02c96001 : nt!MiCompleteProtoPteFault+0x2cd
fffff880`0682c920 fffff800`02cafaa3 : 00000000`000a4ce3 00000000`77ca3ae0 fffff680`003be518 fffffa80`06accec8 : nt!MiResolveProtoPteFault+0x1cf
fffff880`0682c9b0 fffff800`02c9f749 : fffffa80`03c27a00 00000000`77ca3ae0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`00000000 : nt!MiDispatchFault+0x1c3
fffff880`0682cac0 fffff800`02c912ee : 00000000`00000000 00000000`77ca3ae0 00000000`00000001 000007fe`fe4b0000 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x359
fffff880`0682cc20 00000000`77ca3ae0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
00000000`0088fd38 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x77ca3ae0
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+20575
fffff800`02cf303b cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+20575

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4fa390f3

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5005_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+20575

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5005_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+20575

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236455-randomly-crashes-last-noticeable-bsod-says-memory_management.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey so..iv just installed a new cooler (Gellid icy vision Rev 2) to my XFX6870 Black edition..first time attemping to switch a cooler and worked pretty well get idle temps at about 28degrees..full loads temps at around 40degrees...

The only problem now is i cant change my fan speed! with such low temps i was planning on turning down the fan speed a bit because its a tad loud for my liking..iv tried rivatuner...msi afterburner and catalys control centre but non work..the slider comes on and i can move and apply the fan speed but it affects the fan in no way what so ever..i also cant go below 20% fan speed...?

Any help much appriciated..thankyou

A:Installed new cooler but now i cant change fan speed?

Found this,

Quote:
Q: "What is the included 4Pin to 3Pin cable for?"
A: " If you would like to adjust the fan speed, connect the included ?4pin to 3pin? cable to a manual speed controller (GELID FC-FX01 sold separately)

GELID Solutions > Products

Looks like you need one of these,

GELID Solutions > Products

to control the fan speed on that cooler.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/153089-installed-new-cooler-but-now-i-cant-change-fan-speed.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So, sometime during the summer my IP address changed from the previous one that I had for several years (5+). For some reason it is now much slower. It is broadband and peaks at about 5 down 1 up and I used to be able to watch 720p youtube videos with no buffering problems, now it takes several minutes just to buffer 10 seconds. At another place, I have 10 down and 1 up fiber optics, no problem buffering 720p or 1080p videos. The former of the two used to be up to par with the latter, but for some reason the former just got slower around the time of the IP change. I have not changed any of the settings of my router, and have had times when it has said it couldn't communicate with the primary DNS server. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A:IP change recently, slower speed

What IP are you talking about? Public (provided by ISP), or Private (supplied by YOUR home router)?
Might want to try Start->Cmd->ipconfig /flushdns

If you're having a DNS problem, you might want to change your DNS adapter settings to use a better DNS server (such as Google's 8.8.4.4 or others)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-change-recently-slower-speed.1064651/
Relevancy 45.58%

I accidentally screwed up my double click speed. Where should the bar be for the default double click speed or is there a registry key I can change for this.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi.
Before I begin let me tell everyone that my download speed is terrible, so please no laughing etc. lol. :P
A few days ago my download speed increased dramatically. I was told by my ISP a few months ago that because of the old lines in my neighbourhood that the maximum speed I could reach was ~1.2mbps but a few days ago my download speed increased to ~4mbps. I took advantage of it while I could and downloaded a few movies and albums but now it has dropped dramatically to ~0.6mbps and I have no clue why.
Any help would be much appreciated as my internet is now extremely slow and even though it was only for a short period, I miss my good download speeds.
Thanks

A:Dramatic download speed change

couple of things, your isp could be throttling your line due to unusual activity. if they are working on the line trying out various fixes you may see an improvement in time.
Main thing is get onto them and ask what is going on, (dont tell them you were downloading)

Raz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142121-dramatic-download-speed-change.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

The speed of the touchpad of my laptop is too slow even maxed in the mouse settings. I wonder if there is a way to raise it manually ?

Thanks for the help.

A:How to change the touchpad speed manually ?

Welcome to Seven Forums Mak54292. Filling out your full system specs will help us help you

System Info - See Your System Specs

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189489-how-change-touchpad-speed-manually.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My old CPU was 2.40GHz and I replaced it with a 2.53GHz. System information and BIOS still show it as 2.40GHz. One thread said go into BIOS and change the CPU setting but I can't do that in my BIOS, it just states what the CPU is and the speed, it doesn't give the option to change anything. Is there anything I can do, or is this enough information? I have XP SP2 and an ASUS P4G800-V motherboard. Will clearing the RTC RAM do anything for me? I'm looking at the manual for my board and it mentions that. I know just enough about computers to mess things up really bad, that's why I'm here asking for help first.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I have 3 fans in my case and need to speed them up as my computer is overheating.
How do I check/change the speed of my fans?

-Iroro

A:How do I check/change the speed of my fans?

The simplest method would be to restart your PC and go into your BIOS. Most BIOS''s have a "PC Health" option, which will tell you temps and fan speeds.

Depending on the age of your motherboard, it might have options to control fan speeds.

Your specs don't say what CPU you have. You have a pretty good video card, so the obvious things to check are that the fans are big enough (at least 120mm), and you have good airflow

But, there are literally hundreds of threads here about cooling, overheating, and related topics. Rather than restate all of those, it would be worthwhile doing some searches here. You'll find plenty of good advice throughout the many threads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/256280-how-do-i-check-change-speed-my-fans.html
Relevancy 45.58%

As you see lowest timing is 10 sec how can i lower it to 1 sec?

Basicly i want moving wallpaper i remember dreamscene worked like crap so i quess fev pictures would be better...

Also any alternative is welcome

A:How to speed up change wallpaper feature?

if you really want your wallpaper to move, several media players allow you to use a movie as a desktop (eg kmp or vlc), and winamp lets you display visualisations, such as the excellent milkdrop, as the desktop.

there are also ways to use screensavers as your desktop, but i don't have any links for you. google is your friend.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/21249-how-speed-up-change-wallpaper-feature.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My PC suffered a sudden drop in speed as well as repeated failures to reach common sites like Yahoo A brief glimpse at the registry seems to show nothing new but the change in performance is startling Here is the logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows in infected change speed, Sudden XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System Sudden change in speed, infected smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Sudden change in speed, infected WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC WINDOWS system S tray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC QUICKENW QWDLLS EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files DigiPortal Software ChoiceMail ChoiceMail exeC Program Files DigiPortal Software ChoiceMail ChoiceMail exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXEO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - S- - - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe User 'SYSTEM' O - DEFAULT Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe User 'Default user' O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Billminder lnk C QUICKENW BILLMIND EXEO - Global Startup Quicken Startup lnk C QUICKENW QWDLLS EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF A D - - A- A -D AC B Symantec Download Manager - https webdl symantec com activex symdlmgr cabO - DPF BEA C - - C- F -C BA E - http updates lifescapeinc com installers ll pinstall cabO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeO - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr ... Read more

A:Sudden change in speed, infected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187980/sudden-change-in-speed-infected/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm having problems editing some clips using PowerDirector, I'm pretty sure its the newest version because it came with my new HD camera. Anyways, what I'm trying to do is mute the audio on just a selected clip, not the entire track, and the help file says to open the 'speed options panel' only I have no idea where that is! I figure it should be right along with the buttons trim, color etc. but its not. Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it? Help would be greatly apprieciated!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cyberlink-powerdirector-cant-change-speed.529918/
Relevancy 45.58%

UNDER WINDOWS XP

If I want to dedicate most of my processor speed and memory usage to a certain program everytime I start the program.. How can I change that for good so when I start the program or computer it will be automaticcally setup for it??

situation:
If Im running the program already and go to the task manager, processes tab and highlight the certain program (lets says AutoCAD), right mouse click and set priority to HIGH.. the computer uses most of its resources for that program.. How do I set that for good... So I dont have to keep on doing the long way of it everytime I use the program and/or reboot??

i want to change the priority of a running program to stay HIGH all the time, when I reboot the computer too...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-program-performance-speed.114721/
Relevancy 45.58%

UNDER WINDOWS XP

If I want to dedicate most of my processor speed and memory usage to a certain program everytime I start the program.. How can I change that for good so when I start the program or computer it will be automaticcally setup for it??

situation:
If Im running the program already and go to the task manager, processes tab and highlight the certain program (lets says AutoCAD), right mouse click and set priority to HIGH.. the computer uses most of its resources for that program.. How do I set that for good... So I dont have to keep on doing the long way of it everytime I use the program and/or reboot??

i want to change the priority of a running program to stay HIGH all the time, when I reboot the computer too...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-program-performance-speed.114719/
Relevancy 45.58%

Okay I m sure youve seen and heard of this problem before but I m having real trouble fixing it so any help would be appreciated First off AMD XP gb ram via kt g- vax-a chipset Asus radeon xt pe mb with cats I have also tried the new cats I am unable to set my AGP speed using SMARTGART in the catalyst control panel It is set to Off I try setting it to x or x it asks me to restart Once the pc has restarted it is set to Off again No amount of fiddling will make it stick A few using AGP change speed to SMARTGART bus Unable points The motherboard Unable to change AGP bus speed using SMARTGART definitely supports agp x Unable to change AGP bus speed using SMARTGART The AGP settings in BIOS are set to AUTO I have tried setting it to x with all the other options fastwrite etc set to ON The AGP aperture size is MB should this be mb as it is a mb graphics card I have downloaded and installed different sets of Via in motherboard drivers from both the Gigabyte website and also from the Via website Most people seem to suggest uninstalling both my current in driver set and graphics card drivers I have done exactly this varying the order a number of times All to no avail Normally Unable to change AGP bus speed using SMARTGART I wouldn t be so bothered in fact some people have even said to ignore smartgart as it is probably wrong On this occasion however I have noticed a degredation in performance since it has been unalterably set to off and not x Please this is driving me nuts is there anyone out there who can suggest a fix Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Unable to change AGP bus speed using SMARTGART

You might want to check Gigabyte or Viaarena to see if yur board also requires a seperate AGP mini port driver. I know my Gigabyte 7VRX required the mini port driver before the AGP could be set higher than 1X. the AGP mini port driver was a sperate download from the Via 4 in 1 drivers but most newer via based chipsets dont require it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-change-agp-bus-speed-using-smartgart.42737/
Relevancy 45.58%

I work as a volunteer instructor in a group providing computer practice and training mainly to the elderly in the speed how click - Double change? to use of their own devices and this one has me puzzled The computer is a Packard Bell EasyNote TE KB running Win - not a touch screen - and its owner has nerve damage in his right arm that reduces both the sensitivity and flexibility in the fingers of his right hand He was having problems with double clicking and I said 'Easy we'll cut the speed down ' I am not overly familiar with Win I don't have a computer of my own running on it but anyway Top right corner Charms the cog wheel control panel mouse trackpad I found a couple of controls for the mouse but not for double click Can anyone point me in the right direction please If Win doesn't Double click speed - how to change? have a double click speed control it will be the first version of Windows I have run into since x that doesn't Chris Cosgrove

A:Double click speed - how to change?

I'm currently on my Windows 8.1 Pro system, and my mouse applet does have the ability to change double-click speed.  It's under the "Activities" tab.  I don't have a touchpad because my only Windows 8.1 systems are desktops.  I tried to copy and paste the actual mouse applet window, but it doesn't work.  It says

"Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.

Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK"
However when I do that, it still doesn't paste anything.  I'm using Chrome with default security settings and don't know what I need to do.  I've seen numerous posts with graphics here, but I'm stumped.  I'll try in a minute with Firefox & see if that's any different.
 I wonder though.  Would the guy you're trying to help be aided by a real mouse?  They're certainly cheap enough.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536658/double-click-speed-how-to-change/
Relevancy 45.58%

Immediately upon booting up my new HP Envy laptop I noticed a continual noise coming from the top right, above the numberic pad. It is a rotating noise of clicking, static and what sounds like spinning. The noise sounds like the hardrive processing, however it is continual with diferent noises coming in waves. I've read a few other complaints with the same issue, but no solution. Noise is not overbearing but extremely annoying and can be heard across a quite room. I've made sure to update/download the most recent drivers and updates incluse BIOS, which has done nothing. Below is a 15 second recording of the sound while the laptop is turned on with no applications open...the noise gets louder and more noticeable as more processes are used. https://www.dropbox.com/s/flp32q2fhxkhzd2/IMG_0252.MOV?dl=0 Product #: L8R68AV Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Noticeable Clicking/Static Noise - HP Envy x360 15t

Hey @Gregory_M?,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community! I understand your HP Envy x360 is making an audible sound that is quite annoying. I'd be happy to help you with that. It sounds to me like the fan may be off balance.  Take a look at this document on Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal as it may have some information on sorting this out. Please keep me posted.  You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!Cheers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Noticeable-Clicking-Static-Noise-HP-Envy-x360-15t/td-p/5407158
Relevancy 45.58%

I upgraded from a single GTX 275 to crossfire XFX HD6870s. Motherboard ASUS P6T Deluxe V2.

Now I am strictly speaking of in game (Black Ops) not benchmarks...

I may have had my expectations too high.. but I expected some higher frame rates...

With the GTX 275 I managed to get around 90 - 100 fps.

Now I installed the two 6870s and I am still getting between 90 - 100 fps, and in fact drops down below 60 fps at certain points in the game (online multiplayer) I have played with the settings in game, but not many settings in the CCC except for enabling crossfire mode.

Am I expecting too much, or am I doing something wrong here?

Edit:
Also, If I should send back my two 6870s and replace it with something that will give me better performance... if you have a suggestion let's keep the price range for the two cards under $600.

A:Upgraded video cards but no noticeable performance gain!

I dont know anything about crossfire, but may only one gpu is working. ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-video-cards-but-no-noticeable-performance-gain.162092/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

What program do i use to change the fan speed of my 8800 GS? some people said that you can do it with RivaTuner, but I don't speak RivaTuner.

A:How to change fan speed for Nvidia video cards?

MSI Afterburner

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/103779-how-change-fan-speed-nvidia-video-cards.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm sure most people here are familar with ExtendedUIHoverTime, but what about controlling how fast the thumbnail disappears? I understand this is a common question, but I would just like to confirm there still isn't a way to do this...

A:Change taskbar thumbnail fade speed

This is This is exactly what i look for but can't find.
How do i change the Taskbar thumbnails Live Preview FADE OUT speed ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/52076-change-taskbar-thumbnail-fade-speed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've had this Dell Latitude C400 for quite a while now, but recently I've noticed that the bus speed (which is usually 133 MHz) changes by itself to 33 MHz and doesn't change back unless you do a couple of reboots. I know that it's not the SpeedStep thing because that should make it run at 800 MHZ processing speed. It's labeled as a 1.2 GHZ CPU and currently it's running at around 193 MHZ according to CPU-Z. Dell says that it's my hard drive... don't know how that could affect the bus speed, but I guess it's because it's Dell. :haha: What could be the issue and how can I fix it other than replacing parts?

Here's the specs that it has:

Dell Latitude C400 - Service Tag DP4Q821
Pentium III-M @ 1.2 GHz
256 PC 133 SDRAM
Western Digital 60 GB PATA HDD
Windows XP Pro

A:Odd Bus Speed Change on Dell Latitude C400

We had the same problem, and it did go away when we replaced the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-bus-speed-change-on-dell-latitude-c400.69261/
Relevancy 45.15%

How many different places in Vista are there to set max connection speed for fax modems Trying to use Vista x compatible USR PCI modem to fax over VOIP VOIP provider s FAQ Future-Nine as well as emails say reducing connection speed is Vista modem places to speed many in How x64? change most critical of all settings They ve got a list of other settings to change in the ATA here I ve changed port speed in two places How many places to change modem speed in Vista x64? in device mgr amp in the fax software to USR s BVRP Phone Tools During the dialing sequence Phone Tools still shows connection speed Searched the How many places to change modem speed in Vista x64? registry amp found only one place where modem speed was stored - it was at What speed it s actually using may be a moot point since I ve never been able to connect to another modem After the hand shaking a short silence Phone Tools ALWAYS displays quot Remote modem not compatible quot Future Nine thinks it s the speed being too high for VOIP - I ve no idea Any tips on VOIP faxing besides where else to change connections speed would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Greetings - My nx has always run very hot After about years it started shutting off when running cpu intensive tasks due to overheating I ve taken it completely apart cleaned lots of dust out of the cooling system applied silver paste and reassembled This helped a little but not much - it takes a few minutes longer to shut down now Now I m trying to figure out how to lower the clock speed or voltage to see if that lowers the temperature enough to stop the constant shutdowns I ve entered BIOS speed do how clock change HP/Compaq I - nx9600 Phoenix cME FirstBIOS Pro Setup Utility but there doesn t seem to be any options to actually change any clock settings - it just shows processor type Pentium clock speed MHz BIOS version F - can t change any clock settings Does anyone know if there s another utility or some way I can modify the clock speed HP/Compaq nx9600 - how do I change clock speed or voltage Thank you so much for any help nbsp

A:HP/Compaq nx9600 - how do I change clock speed

stuart,
welcome to tech support guy,
most oem boxes usually do not have those settings in the bios to be 'tampered' with,
in that they don't want john q to be altering them,
is there somewhere you can place the unit where it can get better airflow around it,
[rather than under a desk or stuffed into a corner?]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-compaq-nx9600-how-do-i-change-clock-speed.812832/
Relevancy 44.72%

It's nothing new, but because of the new Task Manager I started to care about it after installing Windows 8. Normally my internet speed is only about 1 mbps (~8 mbit). Because of that, the task managers' "Network" bar shows wrong percents. I assume that that is because Windows reports wrong wired internet speed (100 mbps).
Is there anyway to change it so hopefuly I can see meaningful data?
Thanks!

A:Windows Measures Internet Speed How To Change It Manually?

Windows does not report your internet speed. It reports your NETWORK speed, and your network connection between your computer and your modem is much greater than the speed of your internet.

Windows has no facility to measure, or specify the speed of your internet.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16050-windows-measures-internet-speed-how-change-manually.html
Relevancy 44.72%

How does one change the kbps speed in RealTek Audio Manager?
I have this setup:
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit, I5, 6GB RAM, and
RealTek HD Audio Manager:
Audio Driver Version:6.0.1.6586
DirectX VersionirectX 11.0
Audio Controller:HD Audio
Audio Codec:ALC892

This is what I'm doing:
Right-click on the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon in the system tray. Select "Sound Manager."
Select the "Default Format" tab. Select a sample rate and bit rate from the drop-down menu.
I choose 16Bits, 192,000 Hz.

Click "OK" to close the audio manager(there is no 'OK', I 'X' out the program).

Right-click on the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon again. Select "Sound Recorder."
Press the "Start Recording" button to start recording.
It records at 92kbps, not what I have chosen.
How do I get this to record at the kbps that I choose?
Thanks!

A:How does one change the kbps speed in RealTek Audio Manager?

What do you need 16 bit 192KHz for? CD standard audio is 16 bits 44.1Khz. I have a recording studio and record at 24 bit 44.1Khz but when I do final mixdown its to the "standard" 16 bits 44.1Khz.

The only thing higher bit rates are going to do for you is create bigger music files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/357492-how-does-one-change-kbps-speed-realtek-audio-manager.html
Relevancy 44.72%

How do I change my cpus and speed up my computer

A:how to change my cpus from 400mh to 600mh and speed up my computer

will your board accept a 600 ? what board and cpu do you have now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-my-cpus-from-400mh-to-600mh-and-speed-up-my-computer-81163.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok, I bought this nifty arse digital camera, a Fuji FinePix S3000. It's 3.2megapixel with a 6x optical zoom. It's also got a manual mode, although it's a half-*** manual mode. I plan on taking pictures of fast moving things but I can't figure out how to do it. Does anybody know how to change the ISO or shutter speed of this camera, or is there even a way?

It's got an Apperature Priority setting, what's that mean? The setting has three different settings, f2.8 f4.9 and f8.2. What do these mean and what do they do? I've noticed that when I change the apperature it gives me wierd numbers for the speed, like 1/2.8 or something like that. The fastest the camera can go is 1/1500 sec, how do i get that?

Thanks in advance!!!!

A:Fuji FinePix S3000, how to change the shutter speed.

Try looking here.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F3800/F38A.HTM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fuji-finepix-s3000-how-to-change-the-shutter-speed.213997/
Relevancy 44.72%

My laptop for some reason suddenly started taking about 10 seconds to load a page where it would normally take 1 second. The download speed remains fast, at about 8Mbps. Also while loading a webpage, say for example bbc.com will take 10 seconds, navigating to bbc.com/news through links will be very quick.

Also to point out that this is a problem only with my laptop, as it spontaneously started occurring in 2 places I use internet, while the other computers using the same network were unaffected.

Also although I am not sure if this is relevant, this may have something to do with an infection, as also all my icons on the desktop were made invisible(but still there when highlighted)

Things I have attempted that didn't work

Changed my DNS to Open DNS
Flushed my DNS
Cleared Cache
Run Malwarebytes and AVG Free check. Infections were deleted.

A:Immediate change in webpage loading speed on one laptop on 2 different connections

What operating system is this?

See if they problem still exists running under Safe Mode with Networking.

If you are unsure how to get to Safe Mode with Networking. Turn off your PC and turn it back on. While it is booting back up keep pressing F8. A selection will pop up and select Safe Mode with Networking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/immediate-change-in-webpage-loading-speed-on-one-laptop-on-2-different-connections.1032426/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi ,
I've been having this problem with my Belkin router since day 1 when i got it.( not new, got from buddy's place)
It's Belkin HI Speed Wifi G router, and what's really frustrating is, everytime i connect to it, I need to manually change the DNS address and switch between 4.2.2.2 & 4.2.2.4 in order to get internet access!
Sometimes it even cuts off the internet during a session, without me even disconnecting from the wifi network, where I would again need to switch back and forth to the 2 or 4 ending! It s been months and found no solution ! .. can someone drop me some hints please .. would highly appreciate your help ! thanks

Francoi

A:Solved: Belkin HI Speed Wifi G router: Always needs manual DNS change

sorry im not the most advanced on this but do you have an option to set it to obtain automatically?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-hi-speed-wifi-g-router-always-needs-manual-dns-change.1021932/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello st time poster with a question- XPS gigahertz Intel Core I - windows megabytes of ram A BIOS The problem encountered was extremely slow screen loads some programs would time out other screens processor extreme in change speed and screen loads Extremely slow took forever to come up The spinning icon was very slow This happened the first time I started up the computer and Dell tech support had me run the F diagnostics all items passed so he had me update the BIOS from A to A and the problem was resolved This was a year and a half ago The same problem happened nights ago I first ran virus scan and malware scan All of them reported no issue I had Verizon reset my FIOS connection and check my Internet-no issue on their Extremely slow screen loads and extreme change in processor speed end I was finally able to resolve the issue the next morning by running the F diagnostics the long version took about hours or so and now the computer is back to Extremely slow screen loads and extreme change in processor speed normal Diagnostics were clean no issues reported and everything passed I have a program that gives a complete profile of my computer-The Belarc Advisor- I ran it while the problem was present and my processor shows a speed of gigahertz not gigahertz I reran the Belarc Advisor after the problem was resolved and now we are back to normal gigahertz Has anybody every encountered this issue or seen the processor speed change so dramatically and then return to normal

A:Extremely slow screen loads and extreme change in processor speed

Unless you mis-typed it, something was wrong with what Belarc found because there's no way a CPU could run at 57.65 GIGA-Hz.
Back up your personal files on external media ASAP, in case your hard drive is about to fail....

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995779
Relevancy 43.43%

I am taking a class at my school, and they lent us these older Dell laptops that run at 1.3ghz, have 800mhz fsb, and contain 256mb ddr ram (loaded up bios on the computer to see). What I can't figure out is the fact that whenever I log on using the schools user name, the computer takes a good 30 seconds logging on, and starts out with 100% usage of the cpu, although only has 22 processes. I end around six or seven of them, although the computer speeds up, it is still slow. It could probably use a good defragmenting, though it wouldn't slow down that much, right? Also, the computers are very restricted. I know some bugs with Xp that can remove the administators password, but I won't touch these computers further than I have.

A:Speed issue

Hi cfitzarl,

I don't know if there are 1.3 GHZ CPU's with a 800MHZ FSB. I think those 800MHZ FSB CPU's are Northwood's C (A or B, donīt know ), and Prescotts.
There are 1.3GHZ P4's, with 400MHZ FSB, some P3's with 133FSB, etc.

Regarding the machine, I'd defragment it, but it would take a while. I don't think that you have time to do it.
Also, it could have viruses, and crap like that.

Anyways, 1.3 GHZ is a little slow for windows XP, so don't expect miracles, especially if they have a normal coppermine Celeron CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.58547/
Relevancy 43.43%

i have the latest BIOS update wich is F36 and i still have the issue from the time i bought this laptop win 8.1 to win 10 all up todate the problem is exisit and every time i upgarding the BIOS software i didnt see the problem has fixed !! the prblem in short that i cant hear the fan loud or maximum speed when i play game when the CPU Tem reach 80c the Fan did not reach the maximum speed (with that said CPU must not reach higher than 70c ) even though my FAN did not work properly )that i heared before every time i tried to update the BIOS ican heare it extreamly load and clear  . please HP this is supper proiority and must be fixed as soon as possible i cant play any game at this moment because of lack of speed in the fan to cool dowen the cpu .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/fan-speed-issue/td-p/5854677
Relevancy 43.43%

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

A:Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have recently just got Virgin Media 10mb connection (wireless). Me and my friend share this connection, he has a mac i have a pc(laptop). It seems that my friend can get near enough full speed with downloads etc (tested on speedtest.net), my friend got nearly 10mb download speed, however I averaged at 6mb. Another example, my friend downloaded a file from a website, the speed went at about 1.5mb/s, I then downloaded the exact same file directly after his download had finished, my average download speed was 250kb/s.
My wireless card is "intel(r) pro/wireless 3945abg", it is a 54mb/s card so it should be more than capable to get the full 10mb/s that is offered to me. Any help in how to 'de-restrict' my card to obtain the full speed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

Just got an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card. Card works like a dream! One thing though. EVGA Precision will now only let me take the fan speed up to 85%. Can anyone tell me why or how to fix the issue? I have completly uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them but i can still only acheve 85% fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-speed-issue.161308/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell demension 3000 ( i know nothing special) The original specs were a 512mb ram and a 2.8ghz p4 and i have upgraded it to 2gb of ram and a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card. I just reformatted from xp home to xp pro and i have noticed a sever slow down in the computer before battlefield 2 maps would load within 2 to 3 mins and ran smooth now they take close to 5 and are jitterey in the game and simple task on the computer are all jittery and slow to what could be causeing this. is it xp pro or something else. I have ran virus scan and several disk defrag waht could be wrong.

A:Speed issue

Does that computer come with onboard graphics? And if so did you disable it in the BIOS and or uninstall it in device manager? Was the Pro installed fresh? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the GPU drivers? In the BIOS you'll find a setting that says Init Display First. If you switched from onboard to a graphics card that need to be changed from PCI to AGP or PCI express depending on the systems configuration. The other thing is when the graphics become jerky like that it is often either a GPU unable to handle the applications graphics (like an old card trying to play a new game), or it's a GPU heat issue, but with the heat thing you would probably be getting artifacts (patchy areas that aren't rendering properly) as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.116287/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got 16GB of Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz ram. The computer has automatically set the speed to 1333Mhz. I went into the BIOS [I think it was the Bios] and there was no option to change the Ram speed. ProcessorAMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 RAM6.0 GB Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit  HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Ram-speed-Issue/td-p/5713029
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i am using a zoom modem. i am connected but the speed is slow. on checking the router status it is showing the downstream speed as 1728 and upstream as 448, but when i run a online speed test it gives a speed of 130kb/s and upload as 377Kb/s.On the router by gateway is showing as 217.47.151.193 and the ip is showing as

On CMD the gateway is 10.0.0.2 and the same ip.

Please suggest what i need to do to get the same speed that is showing on router status.

A:speed issue

hi the problem is resolved it was the problem with the modem i bought a new linksys modem and now i am geting the same spped as showing on the router status, but will any one suggest what may be the issue with the zoom modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue.804691/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have bought this laptop, in the product specification it tells me the ram speed should be ddr3 1600 MhzI have downloaded bios updates, and now the HP Support assistent tells me my ram speed is only 800 Mhz??I went inside bios but it doesn't give me options to change ram speed. 800 Mhz is slow. is there a way to change itback to 1600 or at least 1333 Mhz? Regards

A:Ram Speed Issue

@ginoversace?, welcome to the forum. Your RAM is Double Data Rate (DDR).  Therefore, if you take 800 MHz x 2 you have 1600 MHz. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-Issue/td-p/5778237
Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

A:Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html