Windows Support Forum

Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

Q: Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 98.47%

Can i restore this computer with a flash drive since there is no dish drive.

A:Acer Aspire One Notebook

Hi and welcome to TSF check it is set to boot from flash in the bios and check here for the manual for your model Download it will tell you what you need to know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-one-notebook-596285.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi I have a problem with my notebook The notebook freezes when I use quot Autocad quot or watch movies I cannot use my mouse anymore and quot alt-tab quot The only thing i can do is reset the laptop At a point i got a blue screen when I start my laptop up I couldnt use my laptop because of the blue screen So I dicided to send my laptop to Acer back for reperation They put a new harddisk in my laptop and installed windows Vista I though the problem was solved but when I use quot Autocad quot it freezes agian Mayby because of the updates If search my eventviewer and came across this logbestanden Dutch Netherlands Probleem met handtekening Naam van probleemgebeurtenis BlueScreen Versie van besturingssysteem Landinstelling-id Bestanden die helpen bij het beschrijven van het probleem sommige bestanden zijn mogelijk niet meer beschikbaar Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Tijdelijke kopie van deze notebook Aspire Acer bestanden weergeven Waarschuwing Het openen van een kopie van deze bestanden kan schadelijk zijn voor Acer Aspire notebook uw computer als een virus of een ander beveiligingsprobleem het probleem veroorzaakt Extra informatie over het probleem BCCode BCP BCP BCP DA D EF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Servergegevens e f -a ea- c-a - ae f c Sorry for my incorrect english iam not used Acer Aspire notebook to talk english Regards Fer ps Mayby updates of vista that my laptop crashes

A:Acer Aspire notebook

Hi,

Can you please browse to the:

"C:\Windows\Minidump"

folder, zip up the contents and upload. If you do not know how to make a zip archive, use the free 7-Zip: 7-Zip

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273140-acer-aspire-notebook.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a acer aspire one notebook and it keeps restarting at start up. I turned it off one day and when i turned it one it would take me to a screen that had options for safe mode, last known good configuration, etc.. and when i choose all of them it starts to boot then a blue screen flashes and it restarts & this cycle never ends. i managed to get the stop number from a post on here that i read that said press f8 when i click last know good configuration.
STOP #0x000000ED(0x86B325A8, 0xC000009C, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Acer Aspire One Notebook Keeps Restarting

The STOP message is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME This could mean that your boot file is corrupted or it could mean your HDD has died.
Boot off of the XP CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors. If this fails, chances are great that the Hard Drive has died and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-notebook-keeps-restarting-569488.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Acer Aspire 5516
This is a report on upgrading from Vista Home Basic to Windows 7 Home Premium.
I didn't do a Clean Install as I was worried about drivers, etc.. It turns out that everything went smoothly except for the graphics card driver. (Radeon 1200)
What I found out was that the default video driver was unacceptable, but I figured out what was needed. I couldn't find a good driver for it on the ATI web site. The Catalyst Control Center which is ~69MB did not work. Eventually I went to the Acer web site (us.acer.com) and found a Catalyst download that is 109MB. This is the one that works.

Everything now works properly.

Except I defragged with Defraggler and it couldn't get rid of all the fragmented file and there is a separate section that Defraggler doesn't even touch that Windows Defrag calls PQ*something. That is for a new post though.

A:Acer Aspire 5516 Notebook

The Win7 installer is amazingly driver-complete, with some exceptions.

Check first for newer drivers from optional Windows Updates.

Next check the Acer website, then the actual device maker.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/96114-acer-aspire-5516-notebook.html
Relevancy 97.18%

hi there i have a acer aspire notebook i put a 1gb sodimm module in it switched it on and it worked fine switched it off turned it back on and nothing no bios no nothing it wont read from any of the drives it's got me buggered can anyone help cheers. az_in_oz

Relevancy 97.18%

I recently bought this new notebook that came preloaded with Vista that you had to buy a license to activate it. I already had a new copy of xp pro so I installed that system. I was able to download all the drivers that I needed for xp from their web site. The only problem is that I cannot get the computer the install the ethernet controller drivers. I often have this kind of problem with my other computers, just not very knowledgeable on that sort of thing. Any helpfun hints would be greatly appreaciated.

A:Acer aspire 3680 notebook

I had a hard time finding the driver, or rather one that worked. If you send me your email address I will forward it to you. I don't remember where I found it otherwise I would send you the link. I just wish ACER was like Dell and would send a restore disk with all the drivers. I'm having problems downloading the drivers I need from their site. My CD Rom just stopped working AGAIN .... Have a good one.

Becka aka. Webmistress322

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3680-notebook.630218/
Relevancy 96.32%

I confess I'm Mac user and helpless when it comes to assisting my son overcome his nonchalance with technical matters. He bought a very small Acer Aspire notebook with a dinky 8.9" screen. It wouldn't be my cup of tea, but he loves it. I was staggered when I learned that there is no software with it ? no OS disks. I believe it came loaded with the XP and it's his responsibility to make his own disks using an external drive to clone his system. Frankly I don't understand any of this, but I would be enormously grateful for advice on how he should proceed to fulfill his responsibility. Thank you up front.

A:Cloning Acer Aspire 8.9" notebook

It probably has a restore partition on it. When you boot up it should say something about hit this F key to restore or something, usually the F11 key. You can also make your own Restore CD's using the computer manufactures included utility.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cloning-acer-aspire-8-9-notebook-374146.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I am unable to operate my rocker switch on my keyboard...it's not stuck and there is nothing showing negative in the device mgr...could this just be a driver situation and if so, any idea where to go to install the driver?
Thankd,
richncali

A:Acer Aspire notebook rocker switch

Where to find drivers Acer homepage after you have found you acer aspire model make sure you select your correct operating system it's at top of the tabs to get the right one scroll down to find your drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-notebook-rocker-switch.874507/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello, I have posted here concerning this problem before and I still can't fixthe touchpad. I use a USB wireless mouse to move the cursor around and it works well. I tried downloading the lastest drivers and pressing fn + f7 to enable the touchpad but that don't work. The touchpad doesn't sgow up in the settings. The mouse is listed in the settings menu. I don't know what to do now unless I took my notebook out to the computer shop. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E-15-511-P4L7-notebook-touchpad-not-functioning-at/td-p/450983
Relevancy 96.32%

How long does the battery take to charge?
How long does the battery last before having to recharge? (Just say for general purpose)
I just bought one and i forgot to ask. I couldn't find it anywhere in the User manual.

A:Battery For A Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook

i found that the user manual is on the notebook, they must be cheap as they don't seem to print them out these days. Anyway i found that it takes about 3.5 hours to charge if that is right or not and lasts about 3 hours before recharging if that's right.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47574/battery-for-a-acer-aspire-3000-notebook/
Relevancy 96.32%

Since 1 month I have trouble with Bluescreens and I don?t know what to do. They show up pretty randomly. I have checked already the ram and 500Gb HDD. I already installed a new audio driver and it is still coming up.

Please help me! I attached all dump files I had. I already set the whole notebook back to original status after saving my data externally...
Thanks phil

A:BSOD on Acer Aspire 5741G Notebook

Please do the following, update your BIOS (bios can be found on the computer manufacturers website, upgrade to service pack 1 It contains a number of stability and security updates that will help stabilize your pc:

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

also pleas update your graphics card driver it is very old:

Code:
nvlddmkm Wed Apr 07 09:01:32 2010 (4bbc822c) 00b44721 nvlddmkm.sys
update your Intel storage driver:

Code:
iaStor Thu Dec 17 13:41:59 2009 (4b2a7b77) 00091a1b None iaStor.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277664-bsod-acer-aspire-5741g-notebook.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi there I am just wondering about my notebook laptop which is an Acer Aspire z model And this is a really new model as well that just came out I believe this model more notebook Aspire like know would to 5733z Acer about I my March Now I am just wondering if my notebook as Wake-On-Lan on it Because I cannot I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model seem to find it in my Bios settings And I do not even have a Power Management settings tab in my Bios either So can you please help me out here on this as soon as possible for me Any help would be greatly appreciated That's all I can say And also I am trying to see if there is a bios update I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model available for my Acer Aspire z model I was actually chatting to Acer earlier and they gave me a link to update my Bios But I believe that I upgraded my bios already to the latest version which I believe was version But I still cannot find the Wake-on-Lan option in my bios at all I am in an awful situation right now because I cannot seem to find my Wake on Lan option in my bios settings So any help would be greatly appreciated But I have checked my Ethernet adapter settings and all of the options seem to be there like for example quot Allow This Device to Wake the Computer quot And there were other options here as well My Acer Aspire z model has Broadcom Net Link Ethernet So all I am asking here is please help me out here as soon as possible For my computer I am running Windows Home Premium -bit So there you have it Well anyway so please get back to me as soon as you possibly can on this issue for me Because it is very important and urgent as well So thank you very much

A:I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model

Hello jrdngreenberg3 and welcome to Seven Forums.

According to the Acer download link below, the latest BIOS version for your machine is 1.07. You can double check that by selecting notebook > Aspire > 5733z and then clicking the BIOS tab.

Download

There seems to be quite a few theads on this forum concerning wake-on-lan problems. Perhaps one of those other theads will offer you a solution. Also, have you checked your power plan settings?

Power Plan Settings - Change

Windows Seven Forums - Search for Wake-On-Lan Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223449-i-would-like-know-more-about-my-acer-aspire-notebook-5733z-model.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi there I am just wondering about my notebook laptop which is an Acer Aspire z model And this is a really new model as well that just came out I believe this March Now I am just wondering if my notebook as Wake-On-Lan on it notebook I about 5733z Acer Aspire like my know model would to more Because I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model I cannot seem to find it in my Bios settings And I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model I do not even have a Power Management settings tab in my Bios either So can you please help me out here on this as I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model soon as possible for me Any help would be greatly appreciated That's all I can say And also I am trying to see if there is a bios update available for my Acer Aspire z model I was actually chatting to Acer earlier and they gave me a link to update my Bios But I believe that I upgraded my bios already to the latest version which I believe was version But I still cannot find the Wake-on-Lan option in my bios at all I am in an awful situation right now because I cannot seem to find my Wake on Lan option in my bios settings So any help would be greatly appreciated But I have checked my Ethernet adapter settings and all of the options seem to be there like for example quot Allow This Device to Wake the Computer quot And there were other options here as well My Acer Aspire z model has Broadcom Net Link Ethernet So all I am asking here is please help me out here as soon as possible For my computer I am running Windows Home Premium -bit So there you have it Well anyway so please get back to me as soon as you possibly can on this issue for me Because it is very important and urgent as well So thank you very much

A:I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model

Please update your profile - currently it shows you as a Windows XP user but your new laptop has Windows 7.

Wake on LAN is controlled within Windows, not in the BIOS settings. See this:
Power Management for Network Devices in Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-would-like-to-know-more-about-my-acer-aspire-notebook-5733z-model-639553.html
Relevancy 95.46%

So, I have an Acer Aspire 5750(Not a z or g, just 5750) and it runs Windows 7.
About this time last year my webcam stopped working suddenly. Nothing to my knowledge happened to make it stop, I just came home one day and it wouldn't work.
I'm having a hard time finding a driver to install for it, since the Acer website doesn't seem to have one, I uninstalled it and restarted my computer for it to reinstall and that didn't fix the problem. I also used eRecovery and that didn't seem to work either.
Another odd problem is that even the USB webcam's will not work with it, so I'm not entirely sure that the driver is the problem. I've done my fair share of research on this problem and cannot come up with a solution.

A:Acer Aspire Notebook built in (and USB) webcam not working.

maybe the internal WebCam is not working correctly, but the computer thinks that it is so is not allowing any other type of WebCam to work hard to go into device manager and make sure that the internal WebCam is on installed, if not uninstall it restart the computer and see if it works, and get back to me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-notebook-built-in-and-usb-webcam-not-working-679512.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a an Acer Aspire 5102WLMi notebook that the screen just went completely white on and then upon restarting it nothing was displayed, but the computer at least seems to turn on. I've tried plugging it into an LCD monitor but there still isn't anything displayed. I should note the laptop isn't mine. This is how I received it and what I was told. Is it possible for the on-board video to go bad? Or any ideas of things I could try to pin-point the problem?

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 5100 Series Notebook --No Display

If you have tried an external monitor (which you said you have) and nothing displayed on boot whilst plugged into the external monitor, I would say that the built-in video is bad. I would advise your friend/client/relative to purchase a new laptop or see if you can find a cheap, used mobo on Ebay to replace it because the video cannot easily be replaced (soldered onto motherboard).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5100-series-notebook-no-display.674493/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi guys, I need help on how to remove the bios password on Acer Aspire notebook. I want to format the hdd but the boot sequence is hdd first. Or how can I go about it?

I will be grateful if a kind hearted felow can assist on this. I'm still stuck with the challange of removing the IBM 390x bios password removal.

A:Acer aspire notebook bios password removal

are you sure acer offer a bios password from the factory??
s far i've ben dealing with lots of travelmate and aspire but no one has a bios password in it....

anyway, try to go to : Acer eManager.
it's the similar way to go to bios, but instead in the windows version i suppose...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-notebook-bios-password-removal.86271/
Relevancy 95.46%

I up dated the BIOS from Acer site Now when I turn on the notebook all seems to switch on but have a black screen.
How can this be reversed or resolved please.

A:Acer Aspire 5739 updated bios on notebook

Are you sure you updated it with the correct BIOS version? This is very important, flashing the BIOS with the wrong version, can completely corrupt the BIOS and make the computer completely unbootable.

It may be worth trying to follow these steps - Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292850-acer-aspire-5739-updated-bios-notebook.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Need Acer notebook Aspire 3610 ethernet driver. Downloaded all drivers from Acer support, but could not find driver to make my ethernet connection work. Closest thing to a driver was their Lan driver but it did not have an application file (exe) to install the driver. Thanks

Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, I have an acer aspire 7720. On start up I get a white screen, it dissapears if I bump it a few times so it seems to me something is loose. I have opened it up, taken out the keyboard, taken off the LCD and then replaced making sure everything was well pressed down. The fault is still there but not as bad.
Any suggestions?

A:White screen on Acer Aspire 7720 notebook

Welcome to TSG!!

How far did you disassemble the LCD? There is a cable that plugs into the back of the screen itself that is normally held in place by some tape. Try to reseat the end that plugs into the Main Board first. It's easier to access. If that doesn't help, and you are feeling adventurous, you can try to reseat the plug on the rear of the LCD panel.

It's possible that it is the panel itself that has the loose connection. That's not a home repair ...

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen-on-acer-aspire-7720-notebook.986543/
Relevancy 95.46%

hi i'm a bit of a novice when it comes to dealing with computer maintenance and i'm so afraid of messing up my system by taking chances so it Updates on Notebook Driver 4741 Acer Aspire comes like a breath of fresh air to know that there is a forum like this Driver Updates on Acer Aspire 4741 Notebook for windows i don't know why it took me so long to trace you guys btw on behalf of all the novices out there just allow me to say a quick thank you thank you for the help you're giving us i've learnt so much within the couple of weeks that i've been here great job guys and thanks again i have an quot Acer Aspire Notebook with intel core i quot operating on Windows bit Home Premium recently i've noticed some slight changes occuring on my system when i have my finger pressed on the mouse perharps a bit too long i don't even know what too long is the screen flickers shakes up and down i'm just not sure if this is normal my dvd device suddenly does not seem to be able to read media on my pre recorded dvds that use to play perfectly well without any problem what happens now is when i slot in a pre recorded dvd a dialog box pops up asking how i want to burn my media even though there is media already on it i ran a couple of test and ended up with a report that says my device has a quot bad block quot whatever that means i'm now thinking maybe i should update my drivers and my bios but the problem is how to correctly indentify this drives standing by ready to provide more info if somebody can find the time to help me out here thanks

A:Driver Updates on Acer Aspire 4741 Notebook

Sandpe, Welcome to the windows 7 forums, I agree that there are a lot of great helpers here.

You might want to go to Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 4741G where they
can tell you the latest drivers for your system.

Of course you might want to make sure that your Anti-Virus is up to date.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/237840-driver-updates-acer-aspire-4741-notebook.html
Relevancy 95.46%

A friend of mine has just bought an Acer Aspire One notebook I don virus notebook one to aspire use what anti Solved: acer t know anything about them but he says it runs on Vodafone g he has only just started to use it and has asked me if he would need anti virus for it he says he gets a prompt every time it switches it on asking if he would like to start a day trial of Vodafone virus protection could anyone tell me if this would be advisable Solved: acer aspire one notebook what anti virus to use as obviously he would have to purchase after the trial if he still wanted to use it and it might be a pain to remove the operating system is WINDOWS if somebody with some knowledge could advise what Anti virus he should use it would be appreciated if for example Microsoft security essentials is recommended what would he need to do to download this does he need a code to get Microsoft to allow him to have the Microsoft security essentials for free or when he downloads from the Microsoft site will it be automatic as its a genuine Microsoft O S that he is using sorry if this is a bit rambling but I m a Solved: acer aspire one notebook what anti virus to use relative newbie and my mates only had his notebook for a few days nbsp

A:Solved: acer aspire one notebook what anti virus to use

Simply download and install it from HERE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-one-notebook-what-anti-virus-to-use.990370/
Relevancy 95.46%

My girlfriends Acer Aspire notebook and will not connect to her wireless internet anymore. she has a Linksys WRT54GS2 Wireless-G Broadband Router. i connected to her internet with my compaq presario QC60-419WM notrbook and now her notebook will not connect.

A:Acer Aspire notebook detects network but, won't connect

I can't imagine that connecting a different computer to the router has anything to do with this issue.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-notebook-detects-network-but-wont-connect.876288/
Relevancy 95.46%

So I have an Acer Aspire Not a z or g just and it runs Windows About this time last year my built not in working. webcam Acer Aspire Notebook webcam stopped working suddenly Nothing to my knowledge happened to make it stop I just came home one day and it wouldn t work I m having a hard time finding a driver to install for it since the Acer website doesn t seem to have one I uninstalled the driver using device manager and restarted my computer for it to reinstall and that didn t fix the problem I also used eRecovery and that didn t seem to Acer Aspire Notebook built in webcam not working. work either I ve tried reinstalled the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam program and when I open it gives me this message quot Warning Acer Crystal Eye Webcam cannot connect to your webcam M HD WebCam Try selecting another capture device within settings or close any applications that may be using this webcam and then restart Acer Crystal Eye Webcam quot Another odd problem Acer Aspire Notebook built in webcam not working. is that even the USB webcam s Acer Aspire Notebook built in webcam not working. will not work with it so I m not entirely sure that the driver is the problem I ve done my fair share of research on this problem and cannot come up with a solution It says the same warning message when I try to connect the Microsoft LifeCam VX- that I have to the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam program I think it recognizes them but just won t connect to them for some reason I assure you it is not the program because I have tried Skype Cameroid the LifeCam program that the USB webcam came with and much more nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-notebook-built-in-webcam-not-working.1080825/
Relevancy 95.46%

I recently bought a an Acer Aspire 3050 laptop on Newegg. It came with Vista Home. I had planned on installing Xp Pro on it from the get go. I formatted and installed Xp. I managed to find all the right drivers except for the sound card driver. I got on acer's website and the only one they had that was even close was the RealTek Audio Driver v5.10.0.5273 which is for the Aspire 5050. I installed that and it worked, but the sound level is very low. All the levels are maxed out in all the properties and everywhere else i could find. I think it is a driver issue, but i am not sure. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Trouble with sound on Acer Aspire 3050 notebook

i checked the Acer site - that appears to be right driver you've downloaded....what output device are you using for sound playback?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-sound-on-acer-aspire-3050-notebook.606552/
Relevancy 95.46%

Symptoms: No sound icon on taskbar. No error on window device. Reinstall the same driver that was given when it was bought.

So I need techical advice to solve this problem.

A:Problem on Audio for Notebook Acer Aspire 4315

Does your system audio work properly?You can try #320 at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm , if you like.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205235/problem-on-audio-for-notebook-acer-aspire-4315/
Relevancy 94.17%

I've downloaded the latest version of Skype and wish to use my built-in webcam I'm 1410 aspire acer for (11.6") drivers Webcam notebook being told when I attempt to use Skype that there is a problem with my video device I thought I'd downloaded and installed the correct drivers after I Webcam drivers for acer aspire 1410 notebook (11.6") recently reformatted my system's HDD but still the message appears Going to the ACER website for driver support is inconclusive because there are several versions of different manufacturers' webcam drivers -- for both a Suyin model and a Chicony model Results differ in two of the different utilities that I've run for detection of the correct manufacturer one utility identified Chicony one did not Can someone please help me solve this mystery so I can finally get to camming again on Skype Thank you My notebook has the quot display and here are the overall specs Acer Aspire v Windows Home Premium Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed PM Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Solo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Not hyper-threaded Board Acer Base Board Product Name Base Board Version Bus Clock megahertz BIOS INSYDE v new USB Storage Use in past Days mouse over last used for details new Hosted Virtual Machines mouse over name for details Last Used SanDisk Cruzer s n ED rev PM Possibly used again before the reboot following this time None discovered Drives new drive encryption Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TOSHIBA MK GSX Hard drive GB -- drive s n FLS R S rev FG J SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'DIMM ' has MB serial number A F Slot 'DIMM ' has MB serial number CC D

A:Webcam drivers for acer aspire 1410 notebook (11.6")

Have you tried the Acer driver checker program at the top of the results page?

Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 1410 (11.6")

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/252665-webcam-drivers-acer-aspire-1410-notebook-11-6-a.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have an Acer Aspire Notebook that I recently tried reinstalling the operating system on I backed everything up and started to format the computer and install Windows XP Media Center edition Everything was working fine but when I was installing drivers the computer started acting erratically and then I received a Fatal Error and blue screen of death out of nowhere So I tried formatting and installing windows again but each time it finishes installing windows it just shuts off no message or anything Each time I go to try to turn it on it just shuts off at the Windows splash screen Usually nothing shows up it just restarts but occasionally I get the blue screen of death I also tried installing Ubuntu but I cant even get it to install I just get to the starting splash screen and it restarts Ive tried 5670 on OS Acer starting/installing Problem Aspire Notebook installing windows xp pro which was on the laptop earlier but that also came Problem starting/installing OS on Acer Aspire 5670 Notebook out with the same result Is the laptop messed up for good Is it a BIOS problem Do I need to replace a part I just have no idea what to do with it nbsp

A:Problem starting/installing OS on Acer Aspire 5670 Notebook

Very strange...what drivers were you installing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-starting-installing-os-on-acer-aspire-5670-notebook.740697/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a new Notebook Acer Aspire E 15. When I wanted to download its manual from the Acer website (http://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/drivers) there was no such Notebook listed, respectively I could not found one. I filled in the series number of my Notebook and the name, make shown was Aspire E5-573.

What does that mean? What is the sense of it using completely different names for the same Notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-acer-aspire-e-15-is-the-same-as-aspire-e5-573.1165447/
Relevancy 93.31%

Alright.. My buddy wants to upgrade the ram in his notebook its a acer aspire 5570z it currently has one gig of ram . I was wondering exactly if anyone could tell me what ram it takes and he was gonna order it off a new egg. he was gonna get 2gb of ram and take out the two 512 that are in.... if anyone can help Appreciate it Much!

A:Want to change ram in Acer Aspire 5570z

The Acer Aspire 5570 will accept either DDR2 PC4200 or PC5300. For maximum speed, you want to have all modules at PC5300. It will take 2 GB of memory in each of the two slots. The best situation is to have matched sets of memory with the same brand and size in each slot. Several vendors will sell the memory in matched sets of two modules.
For best results, do not use Value Ram, or other low priced memory. Get the best memory modules for latency and timings... usually published on the website of the memory maker.
Good luck to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-change-ram-in-acer-aspire-5570z.93573/
Relevancy 93.31%
A:Hi. Can i change my processor in my Acer Aspire v5...

I would assume if you could crack the laptop open and find a processor that has the same socket type that you could do it. You'd have to reapply thermal paste and reset the cooler though. Bit of an undertaking but if you're handy with technology and can take your time it shouldn't be too tough.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Hi-Can-i-change-my-processor-in-my-Acer-Aspire-v5-573g/td-p/438932
Relevancy 93.31%

Alright.. My buddy wants to upgrade the ram in his notebook its a acer aspire 5570z it currently has one gig of ram . I was wondering exactly if anyone could tell me what ram it takes and he was gonna order it off a new egg. he was gonna get 2gb of ram and take out the two 512 that are in.... if anyone can help Appreciate it Much!

A:Want to change ram in Acer Aspire 5570z

Do the following:
turn it upside down and with a find x-head screwdriver remove the panel covering the memory chips. Look at the modules and it will tell you what speed they are (as well as all the other guff). When you order the new ones, make sure you order the same speed memory - it should be obvious from what you see in the PC and what you see listed on line.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-change-ram-in-acer-aspire-5570z.93575/
Relevancy 93.31%
Relevancy 92.45%

When i login into my acer laptop, it always shows the same picture, how do I change the picture to something else?

A:how do i change the acer aspire startup picture?

You can use any picture you like but it needs to be big enough to fit the screen reasonably well. You just right click the picture file and select "set as desktop background".Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-change-the-acer-aspire-startup-picture/1938.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver, 0 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476935 MB, Free - 267574 MB; D: Total - 953634 MB, Free - 255821 MB; F: Total - 78520 MB, Free - 7835 MB; G: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 31766 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, F672CR
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

i cant seem to change my cpu from the above noted to a pentium 4 3.0ghz both lba775 pin

A:Acer aspire m1610 CPU CHANGE issue

Why? Does your board support it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-m1610-cpu-change-issue.1046781/
Relevancy 91.59%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 91.16%

Hie guys, i bought this acer 5333 notebook and it was running windows 7 perfectly and i installed windows 8 and used it for a week and one day i was repairing windows file and it took long time to finish and i thought it was frozen so i forced it to switch off and the moment i switched on again it only display the acer log and says press f2 to run setup and if i try to press any key or even f2 its not responding it will automatically restarts within 8seconds so i wl have to remove the battery so that it can stop restarting ,anyone who can help me fix this problem plz i am stranded what i can do now .

A:my acer 533e notebook is restarting just after displayng the acer log

What happens when you insert a windows 8 install DVD?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/3214-my-acer-533e-notebook-restarting-just-after-displayng-acer-log.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a teck question for the Acer Aspire motherbroad x1930 computer case front panel wiring - Red & White are for the power switch and the Yellow & Orange are for the Led power light - question Is Yellow +plus or - negative and what is Orange + plus or - negative . I need to know this because I`am changing towers from the small form factor to a mid-tower so I can add a Video card . 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-x1930-change-of-tower-case/m-p/429853
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a teck question for the Acer Aspire motherbroad x1930 computer case front panel wiring - Red & White are for the power switch and the Yellow & Orange are for the Led power light - question Is Yellow +plus or - negative and what is Orange + plus or - negative . I need to know this because I`am changing towers from the small form factor to a mid-tower so I can add a Video card . 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-x1930-change-of-tower-case/td-p/429853/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 91.16%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi guys,
grateful for any assistance here.
We have a pc, running win Xp home, and IE 6. Every time I try to open Internet explorer, the home page on screen, and in options, goes to www .007guard .com, then kind of gets in a loop. Therefore not allowing me to browse the web.
thanks B

A:Homepage In Internet Explorer Homepage Locked On Www. 007guard .com And Am Unable To Change It.

Do you have access to another computer so you can download programs to help fix this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73224/homepage-in-internet-explorer-homepage-locked-on-www-007guard-com-and-am-unable-to-change-it/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 90.3%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button P3) (included ... Acer Aspire Acer Keyboard Case with an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and then the device no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... seem to be the only one with this issue so far possibly due to the newness of Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663
Relevancy 90.3%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575
Relevancy 90.3%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

Is this normal for a 6 month old machine..? I can't update windows 10. The message says that there's not enough room to update windows 10, so I buy a 32 gig card....still it says theres not enough space,,,so I try a 32gig usb stick....still no joy.....So I take it back to PC World where I'm treated like a child and told that they won't take it back...they'll just send it back to Acer to have windows 8 put on ...??!  and did I realise it was a cloudbook and NOT a laptop...!! Left the shop with steam coming out of my ears...so, my question is this....Has anyone out there succeeded in updating their windows 10 cloudbook Because that despite having owned and worked with computers for over 30 years I cannot solve this problem....(Nor have I experienced such poor ill informed salespeople as I have in PC World....but that's another story...

A:^ month old acer ao1 431 C2Q8 ACER ASPIRE ONE CLOU...

you need an USB flash drive or external HDD with at least 16Gb and it must be NTFS formatted.http://www.thewindowsclub.com/upgrade-devices-less-free-space-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/month-old-acer-ao1-431-C2Q8-ACER-ASPIRE-ONE-CLOUDBOOK-14-can-t/td-p/460976
Relevancy 90.3%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello im user of Acer Aspire ES - I have been using it Bluelight Acer Aspire ES1-331 Acer - Shield doesnt... from February with Windows For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and option of sharing WiFi disappeared it was under Rozruch do pulpitu from AQA and it became impossible to turn Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... on ABS Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that nbsp http imgur com a EpfjtIt means You cant control that device the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed On the screen high level is turned on but Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... you see that it is a lie I am using it on Admin accoutn of course I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield nbsp Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works Wifi and Bluetooth Thanks for reading

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-331-Acer-Bluelight-Shield-doesnt-work/td-p/446697
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi this is my first post here hello to everybody and i thanx in advance.

Well this is my problem, i just got an Acer aspire 5530-5444 but it doesn't works properly battery and power leds doesn't light.

Also volume wheel doesn't works and internal mic and web cam.

i have tryeid almost everything to make it work with windows seven i need a bios that works with windows 7 if i try to apli the 1.11a from site it crashes telling me rom size is incorrect, also i have installed every launch manager an etechnologies on laptop for it to works

I would love if somebody could help me with this, i'm desperate and i can't find the answer anywhere on the internet.

this laptop should be working with vista or xp but now that i installed windows 7 nothing seems to work properly

Thanx again and hope anybody can help me.

A:[SOLVED] Acer aspire 5530-5444 several errors after OS change

Hello Mr. Magus and welcome to TSF!

Firstly I would like to say have you installed any drivers for your laptop since the windows 7 install? I believe this is your problem or at least part of it.

Having a look around i see that your laptop does not have any Windows 7 drivers. I guess you never ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Prior to switching OS. as there are no drivers i can only suggest reverting back to Vista as your laptop only has drivers for Vista,XP.

Thanks,
Altie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-acer-aspire-5530-5444-several-errors-after-os-change-635652.html
Relevancy 89.87%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.87%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 89.87%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 89.87%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

A:Acer erecovery management (v7.7.3) acer aspire 574...

It's now four and a half hours since i started the restore operating system and retain user data and the screen is exactly the same. is there anyone who can tell me if this is normal? Please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504
Relevancy 88.58%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814
Relevancy 88.58%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired Acer Care Aspire Center E5-571 Acer and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center nbsp it fails each time The only Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

Are you trying to download and install Acer Care Center because you lost the recovery partitions?If they are gone, nothing you can download will put them back.You will need to go to the Acer store, click ERECOVERY and purchase restore media. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which nbsp it fails each time The only thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to Acer E5-571 Acer Aspire Center Care download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

I finally found a soluation after months of wondering why this is happening. It's my Virgin Media connection, the modem/router as when I connected to my phones wifi, teethering, Acer Care Center instantly updated so something within Virgin Medias network is blocking connectivity. I did try the Virgin Media's router as cause by diabling firewall etc. but with no joy I gave up but didn't try another connection until just now with tethering where as stated problem is sorted. I will report this to Virgin Media and post back anything relevant to this.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848
Relevancy 88.58%

I wasted a lot of ink on this problem by printing out a lot of information on it But I found out that this is an easy fix So I guess the wasted ink was not wasted after all on one of these printouts was the solution nbsp In the bio settings there is an option to change the default SATA Mode of the Boot Drive The default is AHCI Mode Advanced Host Controller Interface nbsp This needs 5517, to Had I Hi, Acer Replac... Have an Acer Aspire to be set to IDE Mode using F key to change it over As soon as I did this operation it let Windows Install and Format the drive with the correct size of the drive partition After setting the mode do not forget to Save and Exit nbsp I'm going to add this just because ACER was no help on this problem and does not even have the driver's for my Acer Model on there web site NOT GOOD ACER nbsp I hope this helps a lot of people that have had this Hi, I Have an Acer Aspire Acer 5517, Had to Replac... problem nbsp Later Fred

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-I-Have-an-Acer-Aspire-Acer-5517-Had-to-Replace-HD-Got-Error/td-p/438360/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

This is my problem I am curantly working on a Acer aspire The problem with this computer is that it has sticky keys first i thought it was the keyboard so i plunged in a usb keyboard and still had the same problems keys don t react fast when i turn caps lock on it turns it off and vise Help.. order.. Need Sticky aspire BIOS 4520 change and boot key Solved: cant Acer versa when i use the mouse to click something it selects everything on my desktop and opens it all at once So i Solved: Acer aspire 4520 Sticky key and cant change BIOS boot order.. Need Help.. thought it might be a bad OS so i decide to preform a reinstall of windows vista but when i go to the BIOS it wont let me change the boot order when i press the keys to chang the order it just makes a beep so i went back and did more research and found that some other people are having the same problem and they told me to do i BIOS flash but that did nothing this is the website http geeklord com solution-to-keyboard-lag-problem-in-acer-aspire- -laptop i am out of ideas what do you guys think nbsp

A:Solved: Acer aspire 4520 Sticky key and cant change BIOS boot order.. Need Help..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-4520-sticky-key-and-cant-change-bios-boot-order-need-help.876526/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi dear I got an Deleted language change can't BIOS, pack Acer Aspire boot - pri order 5552G: old computer that I used for perhaps Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order one year ago and what I did to destroy it was to delete the language pack somehow Now Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order I would like to try to fix it as I actually need it But I do have some issues maybe someone of you guys know I can start it up all the way to where I choose between safe mode and so on - then I get the blue screen that lasts the whole seconds amazingly enough I have Windows Installation that s all I have When I start up my PC also says two fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot Had this been as simple as the system claims I would have been fixing it myself asap The problem is that when I put the CD restart the pc is also nothing happens So I ve searched up a bit where you can do so in a way pc starts via cd so I can install windows The problem is when I enter the BIOS I can choose between quot Information Main Security Boot and Exit quot When I go to BOOT it says quot Boot priority order quot and that s the list IDE WD IDE PIONNER DVD-RW USB FDD Network Boot LEGACY PCI DEVICE USB HDD USB CD DVD ROM I can not do anything here no matter what I press It s sort of gray text what I can do about is completely black So it turns out that they are locked What should I do Have also tried ALT F the Acer eRecovery Management When trying to complete recovery where it says quot Please complete operating system setup process before doing system recovery can not start up quot So all this recovery stuff on Acer PCs are the totally meaningless Anybody have any idea how to fix this giant problem is not going to send it to repair - does not guarantee it Would have been cool to getting this fixed Do not have as much bearing on the PC so if you first help me - please do not use advanced computer geeky words you get my point I think nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552g-deleted-language-pack-bios-cant-change-boot-pri-order.1127456/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey there guys my Dad purchased an Aspire E - recently for my th birthday and I've been struggling with internet problems At first I thought it could've been Acer E1-571 Aspire Internet Issues? my own internet issue but the problem is replicated at a friend's house and boyfriend's house and I've tried it with multiple browsers so it's clearly an Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? issue with the laptop itself It seems to me that the internet just keeps cutting off at very frequent periods at least every minutes if not Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? sooner but rarely at longer Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? intervals It'll just continue trying to load a page endlessly or eventually tell me that the page cannot be loaded despite the internet signal showing that it's on It's practically unusable and very annoying -- especially as a lot of my wages come from making articles online and I'm struggling to access the internet having already thrown out my previous laptop Any ideas what the problem is All I could think it may be is a driver problem or the network card is busted Thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues?

I'm getting the worrying sinking feeling that I'm not going to get any help from Acer here then, especially seeing as the reply that was here yesterday has been deleted. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E1-571-Internet-Issues/td-p/49999/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 85.57%

my 2007 acer aspire was taking a long time to open aurora i did a system restore with uniblue powersuite what i ended up with was no internet at all but internet sais its connected network sharing center indicates everything is running fine but my internet speed is 0 no internet connection local repair depot recommended a new windows install it could be a virus can i try a new driver can i download a driver on to a usb drive does anyone know a link treid but i found exe only need a driver in an envelope that i can store on usb need a download link would this be called a internet driver

A:acer notebook windows 7 lost internet connection

Sorry I did not understand what you want? I could makeout you lost internet connectivity.
Open command prompt window and give a command

ipconfig /all

and post the results.

Are you getting a system IP, Default Gateway IP and DNS servers IP addresses. These three IPs are required to get internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195709-acer-notebook-windows-7-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey I just got a new Acer Aspire 3050 laptop. With it came Windows Vista. I was easily able to hook it up to my mom's hub. But for some reason it all of a sudden can't go onto anything internet related. It shows there is a connection. It tells me that IPv6 Connectivity is limited. From what I know on Internet Explorer it's a DNS Error and I tried some tips on another topic about it but still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks, Daeva.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-isnt-working-on-acer-aspire-3050-a-165291.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I'm trying to sort out my friends laptop she had alot of programs including bear share which by using IObit uninstaller I've tried to remove. The laptop is running on windows vista as far as I can tell. There's no working antiviral program and I'm trying to connect to my network so I can download something to cover it as I'm fairly certain it's full of viruses. Her laptop connects to network but when I open internet explorer or chrome (she has both on here) neither works, it tells me DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. I've restarted router, run diagnostics and nothing is working, please can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5535-internet-problem.1164297/
Relevancy 85.57%

My sound works all fine when playing music etc from the laptop but when I am using Internet for Youtube or Skype it sounds like Donald Duck. In Skype the other part hear and see me well but I am unable to fix why all Internet sounds are so bad.

I have >8MB/s on both up and downlink. Any idea from someone? I have tried all I can think of. Is it due to only 1 GB RAM? But video is OK in skype…

A:Acer Aspire One Internet sound is crap

i fought this for 3 weeks, then found this solution. sound plays like a dream now. dont really play much music on my AA1, but when windows boots and it sounds like a chainsaw, i search for a solution.

http://winhlp.com/node/10

did this on 2 customers brand new AA1 from wal-mart, they think im a genius!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-internet-sound-is-crap.794085/
Relevancy 85.57%

So I have a relatively new (only about 3 weeks old) Acer Aspire laptop...now my internet worked all fine and dandy up until about 36 hours ago. For some stupid reason my laptop will not connect to wireless networks, now at first I just thought "boo the wireless is probably ******" but that is not the case because the internet works perfectly fine with other laptops. I've tired my school's wifi, along with my home's and the library's (I'm using a library computer right now).

It keeps saying that my home network is an "unidentified network" and subsequently I cannot connect to the internet. It's very frustrating because I have restored the system and it still won't work.

GAH! HELP PLZNTHNX

Relevancy 85.57%

I have a SimCard in this laptop thats accessed behind the battery.
I have no internet connection at home at the moment, and I was wondering is there a way for me to connect my home computer via ethernet or via my Belkin Modem/Router to this laptop and use the internet?

I'm running windows 7.
I've connected the computer straight to the laptop via Ethernet but on the computer it just sees the laptop as an unknown network.

So is there anyway to get internet on my computer via the laptop?

*Sorry if I didn't make sense.
The simcard thats in the laptop allows me to have internet access. Anywhere I go. So the laptop has access to the Web.

Relevancy 85.57%

This is my first post here, so I hope I'm in the right place!
I have an Acer Aspire 5100 notebook and I'm having trouble connecting to my home network.
My wireless internet was working fine until Saturday night, when I couldn't get internet access.
When I go to Network Diagnostics, I get a message that says "This computer does not have a wireless adapter installed and configured."
Under Network Connections, the Local Area Connection says "Network Cable Unplugged."
Also, the Wireless LAN communication indicator in the front won't light up, and it shows a message on the screen saying "No Wireless Device."
However, my computer is the only one that can't get internet access--the other laptops with wireless internet in the house are getting internet fine.
How can there be a cable unplugged if all the other computers are getting wireless internet?
Thanks for the help!

A:Can't get internet access on Acer Aspire 5100

Are you running Vista or XP on that laptop. In any case do this..

vista click on the circle
click on run
type: devmgmt.msc

xp click on the flag (start)
click on run
type: devmgmt.msc

scroll down the list for Network Adapters
click on the [+] to expand the tree
click on the wireless driver
then right click on the wireless driver
click on uninstall

Before you do anything you should have the lastest wireless driver for your laptop from Acer support site for the 5100. Download that now, then click on uninstall the driver. Reboot the PC and login back

Install the new driver and you should be okay now.. If it doesn't work then their could be an issues with the onboard wireless driver..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-internet-access-on-acer-aspire-5100.105296/
Relevancy 85.57%

hi, my brand new laptop, acer aspire 5733 556G50MNKK, connected to my network, but not with the internet.
can anyone help me with this??

Relevancy 85.57%

I bought a new Acer E1-532 laptop last week, because my HP crashed. This product had good reviews online so I decided to purchase it. However, it has a lot of trouble staying connected to the internet. It doesn't seem to reach very far. I also often have to reset my router from my laptop, because it loses connection. It will often show that my laptop is connected to the router, but the router isn't connected to the internet even though other computers aren't having a problem connecting. I never had this problem with my old laptop. When I look up network adapters I see I have Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet and Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter. I don't know if these are junk or not, but I've never had a problem with laptops connecting to the internet for 10 years and I can't imagine the technology on this new computer would be any worse. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624161/new-acer-aspire-e1-532-has-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 84.71%

Well the problems connect to but can browse aspire the internet wifi not one Acer exactly what the title says i can connect to my wifi but not the internet I tried a variety of the different solutions that i ve found online e g updating Acer aspire one can connect to wifi but not browse the internet the driver uninstalling the driver then rebooting causing it to reinstall as new hardware reseting my tcp stack but so far no luck I ve connected it to the same network using an ethernet cable and it all works fine the same can be said for when i connect to any other wireless network It only seems to be my wireless network which doesnt work We recently changed our internet in the house from bt to virgin and this was when the problem started however all of the other wireless devices work fine For those who want to know my wireless driver is an atheros ar eg And my ip configuration shows C Documents and Settings Alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name blue Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - E- -BD- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - - - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Thanks nbsp

A:Acer aspire one can connect to wifi but not browse the internet

what security do you have on the wireless ? - try removing wireless security and see if connects
are you running vista ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapter over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows However, a number of forum members have now successfully used the site to update the driver

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-can-connect-to-wifi-but-not-browse-the-internet.1020954/
Relevancy 84.71%

I just purchased a new ACER Aspire Z- laptop Windows Home Premium that will not make a wireless connection to my router modem Versalink W Laptop recognises the wireless signal but can not connect With ethernet cable connected internet connection is made but very slow Wireless connection was made through neighbors router not mine so disconnected so I know it will connect with different router Tech support with sever provider after mins result was not a problem with them because laptop recognises the wireless signal Tech support with ACER via chat result was their quot knowledge with this problem is limited quot and wanted to Aspire internet connection make not New wireless will ACER pass me off to quot Pay for support quot to resolve the issue I was able to squeeze this from ACER chat support New ACER Aspire will not make wireless internet connection quot unable to connect because several settings need to be made to computer quot New ACER Aspire will not make wireless internet connection Brand new computer I refuse to pay for support from manufacturer After searching here TSG I do not see a quick and easy fix As I have days to return product restock is this a major on going problem should I return for refund or continue to resolve the issue Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

This unit will not connect to internet or wifi have been using on wifi. Hooked direct and its the same thing says no connection. Is it worth the money to repair? Running win 7 on it.
Thanks
Ben

A:ACER Aspire 5733z-4851 Won't connect to internet

We have no idea if it is a problem with your ISP. Yes, connections do go down from the ISP end.

Please post the brand and model of modem and if you use a router, the router too.
If you have both, connect the computer directly to the modem to be sure it is not a router problem. If a router goes bad, you will lose wired and wirless access.

Also what security programs are you running? A firewall can block internet access.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126346-acer-aspire-5733z-4851-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,Just bought an Acer Aspire E15 and have been setting it up today and managed to get connected to the internet through the wi-fi however I have noticed that the wifi keeps dropping and leaves me with nothing and then I have to manually go in and select the router again. This is happening all the time, I am on the internet for no longer than 2 mins before I get the unable to access the network. There is no problem with the network it just seems to be my new laptop. I looked this up and was told to change the power management settings and did so and am still have the same problem. I also updated the driver and again am still having the problem. Also tried ipconfig /flushdns and again the problem persists!! Please can someone help me!!!Many Thanks

A:Acer Aspire E15 limited internet connectivity issu...

mccann88,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to keep a connection. I would like to make a suggestion of just trying another network to see if the problem persists. There could be a router/configuration conflict. You can also try doing a reset to the router to see if that helps as well if you have not already. If the problem persists, you can contact our technical support group for further assistance.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E15-limited-internet-connectivity-issues-Wifi/td-p/328969
Relevancy 84.71%

We have a Cisco wireless rounter and internet provided thru Cant connect wireless internet Acer Desktop Aspire our to my a time warner Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet cable modem My son just moved back in with us and we can not figure out how to get his Acer Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet Aspire AX desktop to commect to our internet When we do network search it pulls up our internet no problem When we hit the connect button it comes up with a box with options add add l information or connect to another network when we click the conect and add addl info it comes up with another box wanting us to list username password and logon domain we have no idea what this is we have tried adding our passcode and network id but it does not work He also has an Acer laptop all he did was turn it on and search for the network then put in the key and password and it was connected I believe both the CPU and the laptop are using windows vista can anyone tell me what we are supposed to be putting into those questions in order to get his laptop connected to our network and have internetaccess He really needs to get connected to the internet there arent even any unsecured internet connections around here he could borrow off of -I He has an online computer class and need to use Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet his desktop because it is newer and much faster than his lapop nbsp

A:Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet

Hi;Have you tried disabling encrpytion on the router and trying to log on ?

Also,make sure that mac address filtering is not enabled
I also note that this may not have come with a wireless adapter as shipped.I am assuming that you have added an external wireless adapter.
Also,May we see:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-acer-aspire-desktop-to-our-wireless-internet.1015337/
Relevancy 84.71%

I just bought a Acer Aspire 3935 its running Vista Home Premium 32bit!
I've checked Ivp4 -6 all on auto. Same with DNS server. I can connect to the modem but i only got local access no internet and its an unknown network! Damn Vista -.-'

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291822-acer-aspire-3935-cant-connect-internet-wirelessly.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire R1600 desktop, OS XP Home. The specifications says LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready WLAN1,2: 802.11 b/g/Draft-N, but it does not connect to the internet wireless. I went to the control panel and tried to confirgure it but it is not working. Can someone help me, please?/.

Thank you

Carlos

A:Acer Aspire R1600 NOt Connecting to the Internet via WLAN

can we see a few things - also make and model of the router
is anything connected to the wireless and working OK
is the wireless secure and when you connect asking for a passcode

otherwise if we could see the following information

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-r1600-not-connecting-to-the-internet-via-wlan.959820/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, I keep getting BSOD on laptop even after fresh Windows install. Here is some info then the dump file.

Caused by address
0x00000124

Caused By Driver
hal.dll

Caused By Address
hal.dll+12903

Crash Address
ntoskrnl.exe+6f840

I did update the bios just for this reason from 1.02 to 1.18 from Acer website. Adds solution to enhance the kernel behavior to avoid debug code 0x59, is what it said is latest fix, but I believe this to be another problem, since it just recently started happening.

A:Acer Aspire 5253 BSOD hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe while on internet.

Hello and welcome to the seven forums, please follow these instructions and a BSOD expert will look at your problem

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370949-acer-aspire-5253-bsod-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe-while-internet.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Guys , I'm using Acer Aspire One D255 Windows XP . But I just install new Windows 7 Home Pre 32bit . I can not access internet . I checked "Device manager" and they showed that I have no driver for [Ethernet Controller, Network Controller ,and Video Controller] . I think I deleted Windows.old already , so now I can't recover the original driver . I did a search but can't find anywhere . So please help me you guys .

the picture like this :

Thank you

A:Need driver for Acer Aspire One D255 -> I Can not access internet

Welcome to the forum Batista
Visit the following site and choose what is appropriate drivers for your netbook

Free Netbook Software Downloads ? Acer Aspire One D255

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/233509-need-driver-acer-aspire-one-d255-i-can-not-access-internet.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My Acer Aspire running Windows 7 and using an ethernet cable can't find an internet connection. It was working fine then I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites and the next time I tried to get online the connection was gone. I didn't download the Office from the internet so I can't imagine it is a virus but I don't know what could have happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Acer Aspire running Windows 7 won't find an internet connection

Quote: Originally Posted by mfort212

My Acer Aspire running Windows 7 and using an ethernet cable can't find an internet connection. It was working fine then I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites and the next time I tried to get online the connection was gone. I didn't download the Office from the internet so I can't imagine it is a virus but I don't know what could have happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Suggestion :
Do a system restore> Pick the date before you " downloaded a pre-loaded MS Office " as your restore point.
Hopefully, that will give you back access to internet.

>>>> I downloaded a pre-loaded version of Microsoft Office 10 suites......

Were you trying to say that your computer had a pre-installed " trial version " of Microsoft Office 2010 when you first bought your computer. Trial version has since expired, and you tried to download a full paid version of the Microsoft Office 2010 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169791-acer-aspire-running-windows-7-wont-find-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, my internet connection is fine, my videogames and other pc's are running off o my wifi just fine. as was this laptop until a couple days ago. I can pick my network like I could normally but after I connect to my network it will not connect online. even if I plug the cable into the laptop directly. I would appreciate any help....this is such an odd problem. Im running on windows 7 btw

A:Cant Connect my Acer Aspire 5532 to the internet, wireless or wired

I am experiencing this same problem since this morning. I receive updates buy I cannot access the internet nor play WOW. I have an Acer Aspire 5532 with ATHEROS NPLIFY 802.11 WINDOWS 7 OS 3 GIG RAM 180 GIG HARD DRIVE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-acer-aspire-5532-to-the-internet-wireless-or-wired.1001749/