Windows Support Forum

Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update

Q: Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update

Hi everyone I am having an issue with my Toshiba notebook My model is Satellite A - MS C I am out of warranty Originally I was having problems turning on my computer I would push update Toshiba black "bios" after screen - Satellite the power button to turn on the computer Usually there is a Toshiba loading screen with a bar at the bottom showing the loading process Right after there is a Windows loading screen with another bar at the bottom showing the loading process I was having problems at the Toshiba loading screen It would load about and then freeze My computer would not turn on and I would have to manually press the power button to turn the computer off Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update Then press the power button again after waiting a few minutes to try to turn the computer on again After having this problem for a week I figured it was maybe because my computer Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update is not as updated as it should be So I went to the official Toshiba website to their updates page I started to download the BIOS update In the middle of the installation my computer shut down turned off by itself There was no indication that the installation was complete I also remembered reading that the BIOS update should restart automatically My computer turned off itself all of a sudden and did not turn back on After waiting a couple of minutes I tried turning it on manually by pushing the power button There was sound and the blue power button light below the touchpad was on However the screen was black and blank I ve read a couple of other online forums and there has been similar issues A member on notebookreview com username marmle said quot I tried updateig my bios and my laptop died halfway through now it doesnt do anything powers up but then just black and its out of warranty quot Another member on notebookreview com username wade fan said quot Just an fyi I just had the same thing happen to my A -S and I went ahead and called toshiba and they told me that it is a known issue and will be covered by toshiba until december hope this helps anybody out there I am now sending my laptop back to toshiba to get fixed at no charge quot Has anybody heard about this same issue Any ideas on how I can notify or ask Toshiba to fix it for free Is sending my labtop in the only way to fix this problem What are my options I called technical support for help as well but they just kept telling me to send it in Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update

Known issue, but Toshiba takes forever to make it right... Yes we have seen the problem... but don't expect Toshiba to get it back to you quickily... as they have to replace the system board, and they are usually out.
There is nothing you can do but send it in... because otherwise your system board is ruined.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-black-screen-after-bios-update.129057/
Relevancy 104.06%

Hello all Few weeks Black "Dot-like" Over L655-1E8 Red Screen Screen) Satellite the Symbols All (Then ago i had a quot display driver stopped responding and has Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) recovered quot warning on my screen Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) I didn't mind and resumed to watch videos After a while some red symbols covered all Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) of the screen then the screen went black But i could still hear the fan working etc I did try to shut down the laptop with pushing power button for a while but it didnt allow me it just went into sleep mode the moment i push the button i thought it might be some kind of heating problem so i have made fan cleaning stuff and also renewed the thermal paste on gpu and cpu as instructed after that my laptop was doing just fine for a couple of hours till the very same red dot-like symbols appeared again on the screen i was watching video at that moment so the video sound started wobbling as if the processor is stuck while working then black screen appeared again what do you think the problem would be is it a hardware problem that i assumed or something else any help is appreciated thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94924-Satellite-L655-1E8-Red-quot-Dot-like-quot-Symbols-All-Over-the-Screen-(Then-Black-Screen)
Relevancy 102.77%

Dear everybody I have a Asus G JW laptop with x gb HDD both has two partitions Win ultimate bit Nvidia geforce GTX M gb CPU Intel Core i - QM GHz Ram GB EAX advanced HD THX trustudio Security AVG antivirus with windows firewall on at all times This laptop has not been the same since my wife accidentally opened a zip file which was attached to an e-mail I reinstalled windows must admit I did not format the windows partition before installing it I restarted after each and every installation of the different drivers I got the st BSOD whilst installing Nvidia drivers After this I started getting random BSOD on shut down and start up I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and restarted the laptop and noticed that it installed BSOD BIOS. into into of screen "Black death" boot -cannot turned an older driver for Nvidia It was okay for a couple of days but then I got a BSOD boot loop I then did a MBR repair which seemed to work for a couple of weeks This past weekend my wife and I was on sites advertising cars that are for sale BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. and used google maps to get to the different dealers The BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. laptop's power cable disconnected by accident battery went flat during the night and when I restarted it it initially showed a BSOD restarted and since then I get this black screen of death BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. The Asus logo does not even come up the keyboard lights come on and you can hear the HDD running and later the DVD drive but nothing else happens I cannot get into the BIOS F is suppose to get you into it but F does not work and neither do the F F F ESC or DEL keys My BIOS is setup to boot from HDD st then the DVD drive at the moment I cannot boot from my Asus system repair disc and neither from the Win DVD or from the Minitool bootable cd Is there anybody with any suggestions I apologise for not being able to post the dump files or a more thorough list of system specs but as you can see I have absolutely no access to the laptop

A:BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS.

Hi,

Firstly keep your wife off the machine

Try this (It may or may not work):

Shutdown the computer and remove power lead, take out the battery and press the
power button for 40-45 seconds then reattach the battery and plug in the power cord.

Does the laptop boot now?

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298713-bsod-turned-into-black-screen-death-cannot-boot-into-bios.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi, about a month ago I formatted my pc, a toshiba satellite a350-12i. I installed all the drivers and it worked perfectly. Among the updates downloaded from the official website of Toshiba there is also the BIOS. Unfortunately I did and now I find myself with the PC died. It turns on but black screen because probably the BIOS file is corrupted or damaged. I tried resetting the Phoenix BIOS with a bootable flash drive but failed. You have other solutions? Thanks a lot

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?87549-Satellite-A350-12i-black-screen-after-BIOS-update
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello everyone I wasn t very clever of placing continiously my laptop on the floor which lead to me stepping on it the other day and now I have a broken screen It still works but there are colored cracks I contacted Toshiba to check about the cost of such a repair and I was told that the price of the screen only will be more than the work and all will 1G6 - P300 17" screen broken Satellite - Toshiba make it about I also contacted a local computer shop and they said that a non genuine Toshiba screen will cost work My question here is Can I by myself the screen on the internet and does it take any special skills to mount it on the laptop I have just a bit more than basic skills in repairing elecronics and I suppose I will be able to change it if it doesn t take any special skills or tools And Toshiba Satellite P300 - 1G6 - 17" broken screen as well what screen should I buy A genuine Toshiba one or a less expensive one also does its job The brand and the model of the laptop are Toshiba Satellite P - G - quot Thanks in advance for all eventual responses Regards Nicolas nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

I'm trying to fix my brother's computer after he opened a trojan attached to an email The email was the one saying your credit card had been charged Mode screen detected" "Spyware and "Black Screen" Safe for airline tickets The computer is a Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP The first problem is that after normal login there is a blue screen with a yellow window in the window with the message quot Warning Spyware detected on your computer Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer quot There are no icons visible The only action I can perform is CTL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Windows Task Manager I told my brother to start in Safe Mode from which he scanned the computer using AVG Free Edition which was installed before the infection This did not fix the problem Starting Safe Mode I now get a black screen with Safe Mode "Black Screen" and "Spyware detected" screen Safe Mode in the corners and the operating system name at top The blue login screen then comes up with Administrator and my brothers account I click on Administrator and I get the same black screen as before with Safe Mode in the corners and the writing at top My brothers account does the same There are no icons or Start button visible Again the only program I can bring up is the Windows Task Manager Using that I managed to install and run SmitfraudFix which was given as a solution to quot Spyware detected quot screen After rebooting this did not fix the problem I also installed SpyHunter which found Zlob Trojan Rogue AntivirusXP plus some other spyware cookies and files These were removed from the computer Unfortunately this did not remove the Start Mode black screen and quot Spyware detected quot screens The only thing I can find to do next is a Windows XP repair using the Windows XP install CDROM However before I try that is there anything else you could recommend to get rid of these screens

A:Safe Mode "Black Screen" and "Spyware detected" screen

Anyone want to answer this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/safe-mode-black-screen-and-spyware-detected-screen-282897.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Dear all recently my computer HP Pavilion G- encountered a problem At first a warning appeared that there is a problem with cooling fan This was solved nbsp After there was a black screen after logon without any activity It was not possible to start process manager and check what is going on The only possibility to repair it was to restore to the last Restore Point But analysis that restore point I discovered this entry quot Microsoft Remote Desktop Services Printer quot which appears in every instance when a new restore point is created After restoring the computer works for a while It is possible to turn of the computer and turn on the windows again for several times But usually the next day the problem appears again And "Microsoft Desktop Black 06/21/2006 Windows Services and Malware/Virus? - Update Remote (Printer) 6.1.7601.17514" screen problem I have to restore to the previous point I have tried to install a Malware/Virus? Black screen - "Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (Printer) 06/21/2006 6.1.7601.17514" and Update Windows problem new copy of windows but I did not delete all the partitions There were of them System reserved C with Windows D Data After installation this problem appeared again How Is it possible that this infection is the lan or RAM I have searched the similar problem on the web but nobody actually have solved it nbsp I have turn of the Remote Desktop and did not helped Now I am trying to update but somehow it is not possible The system is trying to find updates but nothing happens My computer quot Notebook HP Pavillion G- http support hp com pl-pl product HP-Pavilion-g -Notebook-PC-series model drivers Windows Home Sp Please someone Malware/Virus? Black screen - "Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (Printer) 06/21/2006 6.1.7601.17514" and Update Windows problem help me

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39375778-3335-441b-9fb6-93c58cb42ed5/malwarevirus-black-screen-ampquotmicrosoft-remote-desktop-services-printer-06212006?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 95.89%

i just had my satellite fixed and i want to create a disk to backup everything that i have on my computer.it has only the things that came with the computer on it."fresh installation" and i need to know what kind of disk, and how do i know exactly what to back-up? never backed up anything before.do i use a dvd disk? and if i use a regular cd-r will it fit everything on one disk ? thanks in advance for any help!

A:"new toshiba satellite" how do i create a backup disk before i start using computer.

there should be an article in the manual you have,DVD-rs usually and how many depends on how much data you got

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-toshiba-satellite-how-do-i-create-a-backup-disk-before-i-start-using-computer.910022/
Relevancy 95.89%

i m having problems getting a Netac quot OnlyDisk quot USB flash drive working with a Toshiba Satellite Pro A The flash drive is their model U CV The A is USB problem Toshiba flash Netac Satellite with "OnlyDisk" drive - Pro A10 running Windows XP with SP installed although Windows Update does not appear to be working now so i may end up having to re-install anyway The problem I m having is when the USB drive is plugged into the PC windows BSODs and restarts within seconds not long enough to read the BSOD error message Occasionally it will work if you leave it plugged in throughout this reboot but on those occasions when Windows loads you get the Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 - problem with Netac "OnlyDisk" USB flash drive error message quot attrib Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 - problem with Netac "OnlyDisk" USB flash drive exe cannot write to disk in volume e as it is write-protected quot even when the USB drive is set to write-enable Windows error reporting says the error is caused by a device driver but Toshiba UK don t have an update for the model s USB drivers the Satellite Pro A is seemingly not a worldwide model and the only thing I have found there is a BIOS update The USB drive works on a different XP machine without any problems Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 - problem with Netac "OnlyDisk" USB flash drive I haven t tried the BIOS update yet but i don t hold out alot of hope of it solving the problem and was wondering if anyone here has experienced and more importantly solved any similar problem In the end I can always try re-formatting re-installing XP and then installing SP which I have on disc lying around somewhere as I find that can often solve problems with device drivers etc But that s kinda a last resort really Cheers Jon nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 - problem with Netac "OnlyDisk" USB flash drive

If you have a resource CD for that thing, you could try reinstalling the USB drivers for it. The attrib.exe error is pretty weird, I assume the e: drive is the flash drive your trying to plug in.

When your using a USB-based harddrive or a printer or scanner, something big along those lines, its generally a good idea to plug them in before the laptop or desktop is on. If you can get it to at least recognize the e: drive in My Computer, you could try right-clicking on it and adjusting stuff on the Security tab - mainly that "Everyone" has "full control".

If neither of those work, I'm out of ideas for now

It would be reformat time for me I suppose, if after that the BIOS update failed to solve the issue. But you might have data you wish to keep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-pro-a10-problem-with-netac-onlydisk-usb-flash-drive.318806/
Relevancy 95.46%

My pc just got my user name changed for "Toshiba" and I cant acess. I can not even use HD recovery because it ask for the password of "Toshiba"

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?95080-Satellite-notebook-changed-user-name-for-quot-Toshiba-quot-and-I-cant-acess
Relevancy 95.46%

If you can help me solve my problem I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time! (PayPal)

Okay so to be precise, it is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857

The problem is that the computer will completely shut off at any given time. It will sometimes boot into windows but it will be a black screen with only the cursor until a blue screen pops up that I never have enough time to read through. It won't stay on trying to install a new OS or in the Setup Manager.
What I've tried:
Removing hardware one by one to see if it was the problem
Completely cleaned heatsink
Removed battery and ran only with power cord
Power drain
Replaced motherboard with a used but working one

Let me know if you need anymore information.
Thank you in advance for your time!

A:Looking for help with a "random shut down" problem with a Toshiba Satellite A305

The blue screen should produce a minidump file. Locate this file on your pc and upload it please.

Usually in c/windows/minidump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-help-with-a-random-shut-down-problem-with-a-toshiba-satellite-a305.188893/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi this is my first post I hope I vista Toshiba A305, "Disc Found" or with iTunes Satellite Burner Not Software am doing this right Okay I ve been googling for days now and still no solve for this problem I m having with iTunes on my Toshiba Satellite I iTunes "Disc Burner or Software Not Found" with Toshiba Satellite A305, vista ve burned cd iTunes "Disc Burner or Software Not Found" with Toshiba Satellite A305, vista s before with it but now it says that it does not detect my burner It still reads cds from that drive but won t burn to them anymore Here s iTunes diagnostics Microsoft Windows Vista x Home Edition Service Pack Build TOSHIBA Satellite A iTunes QuickTime FairPlay CD Driver CD Driver DLL Apple Mobile Device Bonjour iTunes Serial Number B E BB B DF Current user is an administrator The current local date and time is - - iTunes is not running in safe mode Video Display Information Intel Corporation Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Intel Corporation Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family External Plug-ins Information No external plug-ins installed CD DVD Drive Tests No drivers in LowerFilters UpperFilters GEARAspiWDM Failed while scanning for CD DVD drives error Error while opening iTunes CD driver This could be caused by a corrupted iTunes file or a conflict with other older CD burning applications either currently installed or previously installed and uninstalled incorrectly I have RE-installed iTunes twice have never even heard of Daemon haven t had any help from any of the other threads on the subject please help Thanks in advance for all help Ancient red nbsp

A:iTunes "Disc Burner or Software Not Found" with Toshiba Satellite A305, vista

Welcome to TSG.
Thanks for the informative information, and the correct English!
Looked here? http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-30750.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-disc-burner-or-software-not-found-with-toshiba-satellite-a305-vista.757620/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, I recently "lost" 2 keys on the keyboard (broke off) and I can't put them on again.
When I look at spare parts sites & supplier, this model can't be found at all ... which type of satellite do i have to select or what type of keyboad do i have to order to replace my borken one

A:Toshiba Satellite L50-B-2EU "lost" 2 keys on the keyboard

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-for-Tosh...-/151629203117

first hit on ebay wasnt to hard to find.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90839-Toshiba-Satellite-L50-B-2EU-quot-lost-quot-2-keys-on-the-keyboard
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S Laptop that originally came with vista basic Specs for my laptop the best I can find are found here http computers pricegrabber com laptop m details st Satellite Toshiba "downgrade" A135 S2386 product tab Vista home basic has been nothing but problems over the past year and I finally have time to do something about it So I m installing XP onto my laptop Problem is with drivers though as toshiba doesn t release them for XP Scowering the web and trying to find drivers took some time but I ve got most things up and running A couple of things remain that I need help with So far I have installed the following Atheros X wireless card driver for XP - seems to install fine finds my wireless network Toshiba Satellite A135 S2386 "downgrade" but quot hangs quot when trying to connect saying quot waiting for network quot I have the same problem with my other computer trying to connect with its wireless card When my laptop was on Vista it connected fine Microsoft Net Framework - should I install a later version Realtek sound card - works perfectly ATI Radeon Xpress m Graphics card - works well but I had to do this quot manually quot from another forum I found and add an extra line into the inf file Not sure what it did but it worked Problems Firstly I can t find any toshiba common module download which is quot compatible quot with my system The new download from toshiba US says quot not compatible quot while older versions give me the error quot TVALZ driver installation failed quot If I can t install the common module I can t put in hotkeys and things like my battery monitor and other things aren t shown on my laptop There are quot unknown quot devices within device manager and I have tried everything to figure out what they are I have a program called quot everest quot which has produced a quot report quot of my system but good luck sifting through all that and trying to get which are the ones I need If I don t know what these are I can t search drivers for them Appreciate any help and support nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-a135-s2386-downgrade.730033/
Relevancy 95.46%

The function key does not work since I have updated to Windows 10. It only works to increase or decrease the volume (Fn+ 3/4).

I have tried to download the latest flash card, but it is currently up to date. I also restarted the flash card and nothing happened. Furthermore, I uninstalled the keyboard and re-installed it.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue or is experiencing the same problem? Need my function key to change resolution settings when connecting my laptop to my tv.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/fn-function-key-not-working-for-toshiba-satellite-c660-1e3-1153601.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I am about to pull my teeth and hair out I am having trouble with my daughters computer Her father purchased the computer a year ago for college She really has NEVER used the computer due to the system running slow which prevented her from using the device It is a Toshiba C D-S Satellite error PXE-E61 "Toshiba Satellite" with Windows Home PXE-E61 error "Toshiba Satellite" Premium She took almost a year to bring it home going to computer lab not thinking about the warranty and now the warranty is out went out last month After looking over the computer this weekend I tried to uninstall Norton Smart PC cleaner via Control panel but it would not uninstall Well I did what most people do I googled my issue which gave me instruction on how to delete the program Run redgit search name and delete ALL names relate to Norton Smart PC PC cleaner It actually worked no longer under programs but when I restarted rebooted the computer I received an error message F -F - I tried calling help desk for Microsoft and Toshiba no help wants to charge me an arm and a leg I tried rebooting to factory setting zero enter nothing I have download EVERY Disc one suggested but it is not working Selected F when booting F F etc but nothing works and now I am receiving another error message PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting PXE ROM Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key downloaded BIOS flash from Toshiba community form nothing PXE-E61 error "Toshiba Satellite" I do not know what is wrong PLEASE help Also her PXE-E61 error "Toshiba Satellite" old roommate took her disc home so I do not have the disc that came with the computer Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated

A:PXE-E61 error "Toshiba Satellite"

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Messing with the registry is never recommended and it is most likely what caused this issue.

You do not have the Windows 7 CD?

How did you go about flashing the BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pxe-e61-error-toshiba-satellite-746809.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello All I just received a brand new computer a few days ago from CyberPower PC I've attached the specs below That being said I noticed a problem when I was quot in a game quot and within an hr the fan revved up and the computer shut down to black screen monitor read quot no input quot Thinking this was a one-off I tried again and the same symptoms persist - after playing for some time the screen goes blank no error messages the fan rev's up and requires a hard reboot As an FYI I paid Cyberpower to OC this computer for me No error message whatsoever Next during one of the quot Computer New Fan "Ramps "Black - Up" - Screen" hard reboots quot a message popped up before windows that said the setting were unstable and that I had to reduce my clock speed down - so I clicked accept there New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" were no other options to potentially ignore this message Here are the steps I've taken to date Upgrade the MOBO GPU drivers Plugged the system directly into the outlet to ensure adequate power as opposed to power bar Ensured RAM and GPU was seated properly Ran MEMTEST - no issues Ran Prime - gt Torture Test - gt Blend - Causes a quot FATAL ERROR New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" quot every time as per below quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than quot quot Hardware failure detected - consult stress txt file quot Torture Test Completed Tests in hrs minutes - error warnings quot Each quot worker quot in this test I'm assuming for each core had a different result as per below Worker - no error Worker - Rounding was expected less than Worker - Rounding was expected less than Worker - Rounding was expected less than My CPU spec's are as follows CPU Intel Core i - K GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CD X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R -RW CD-R RW Drive BLACK COLOR CAS Cooler Master HAF Mid-Tower Gaming Case w Adjustable HDD Cage Black Color FREEBIE MB FREE N Dual Band Wireless Bluetooth Expansion Card FAN Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Enhanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA Dual Standard MM Fans Push-Pull HDD TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III Gb s RPM HDD Single Drive HDD GB SAMSUNG Series SATA-III Gb s SSD - MB s Read amp MB s Write Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MOTHERBOARD CrossFireX SLI GIGABYTE GA-Z X-D New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" H Intel Z Chipset DDR ATX Mainboard w IRST Lucid Virtu MVP Ultra Durable Classic HD Audio GbLAN x Gen PCIe x x PCIe x amp PCI All Venom OC Certified MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Patriot Viper Intel Extreme Masters Edition NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network OVERCLOCK Extreme OC Extreme Overclock or more OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Edition POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CMPSU- TXV Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO TUNING Intel Core i - K Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel VIDEO AMD Radeon HD GB X PCIe Video Card Major Brand Powered by AMD FYI - I've run Speedfan during the crashes in Prime and during gaming and no temperatures seem off the highest the CPU got was Celsius The system is under warrranty - but this isn't the ideal scenario for me as the shipping to fix it will cost me approx Andrew

A:New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up"

Seems like a thermal shutdown to me. When CPU/GPU overheats, the system either reduces their clock in order to cool them down or does a hard shutdown to protect the hardware. You said you OCed your hardware. Make sure that your are running the CPU/GPU at stock clocks and not overcloking them and also make sure the cooling system is working properly (ie, the fans) and air is flowing good. Thanks for reading.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286036-new-computer-black-screen-fan-ramps-up.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi,
My laptop cannot tell me any post after the Toshiba logo just black screen. Cannot get into the bios or anything... These are the things I have tried:
Taken hard drive out,
Taken ram out and only tried one..
Taken Battery Cmos battery out for a few minutes..
Had a look at the motherboard and fan is not even working when I turn it on..
I have taken the cpu and put it back in..
Defiantly Sounds like the motherboard problem but want to know if its just a chip that needs to be replaced and soldered.. If anyone has any ideas that will be awesome.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-c650d-black-screen-after-toshiba-logo.219496/
Relevancy 92.02%

I'm having a problem with it, and i can't find the Temperature Warning option in the BIOS as someone here mentioned before.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

A:How do I turn off "Temperature Warning"in BIOS on a Toshiba A45?

If it is overheating then it should be dealt with and not ignored.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-off-temperature-warning-in-bios-on-a-toshiba-a45.90480/
Relevancy 91.16%

I'm trying to fix a friend's Toshiba Sattelite 2805-S503. When the unit is turned on, I immediately get the message:

BIOS is damaged. Call your serviceman.
Serviceman: Place maintenance disk in drive and press any key.

I downloaded a bios from the toshiba website. This looked like it would create a boot disk that would install a bios, but the floppy drive light just stays lit and I get the same message anyway.

Is the unit beyond repair, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Pat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-notebook-bios-is-damaged.81475/
Relevancy 90.73%

I have read several threads with similar problems and it seems that the "blue screen" of old Windows crashes has been replaced with the "black screen of death". Anyway, I'm trying to get an older HP running. I get the Windows splash screen then the above described "black screen". I get this in "safe mode", also. I'm starting to lean towards the hard drive and will start trying to find out what brand it is and go to their web site and see if they have a utility program to check it. If anyone has any suggestions, they will be appreciated...

It's running Windows XP Home with 128mg of ram; just a basic box, nothing special...Thanks in advance, dm

A:Has the "black screen" replaced the "blue screen"?

greetings
do you have the xp disk available?
[128 meg ram for xp is a little light]
post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/has-the-black-screen-replaced-the-blue-screen-60871.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello all I've bought recently a toshiba satellite c -c- product code pscsle- g and updated it to windows Now it is like a black brick after installing updates with toshiba service utility The symptoms are like I need bios recovery There is no info on toshiba website about my situation Also there is no bios download for my model It's not easy to go to toshiba service update C70-c-199 BIOS Toshiba for Satellite I am far far away from it About hour by plane and thousand dollars So I want to try recover bios by crisis recovery from usb or cd My question is could you please help me with this I don't know what type of bios in toshiba satellite c -c- product code pscsle- g Phoenix bios Insyde bios or BIOS update for Toshiba Satellite C70-c-199 other And version Could you please send me bios backup file from your satellite c -c- Is there a crisis bios recovery in toshiba BIOS update for Toshiba Satellite C70-c-199 satellite c -c- How it works Hope you help me There is not much people with this toshiba notebook model Thank you for your help

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93201-BIOS-update-for-Toshiba-Satellite-C70-c-199
Relevancy 89.01%

When trying to update win 10 to ver 1607 (anniversary) the update stops telling that update could not go on as it was impossible to access the reserved partition.
Microsoft support gave up and suggested a clean install which I try to avoid
What is the solution?
SSD details (disk manager):
Model SAMSUNG MZMTD512HAGL-00004
Size 476.94 GB (512,105,932,800 bytes)
recovery partition - 1.00 GB
EFI system partition - 100 MB
recovery partition - 450 MB
recovery partition - 450 MB
recovery partition - 10.04 GB
OEM partition - 8.00 GB
E: partition - 146.48 GB
D: partition - 81.80 GB
C: partition - 228.51 GB

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93546-Satellite-Z30-A-PT248E-01801JH2-unable-to-update-win-10-to-quot-Annivesary-quot
Relevancy 88.15%

We bought our oldest son this http www amazon com Toshiba-Satel tBy bySubmissionDateDescending R VT MY GTRFQA laptop in December for his birthday He got it on purchased Cyber Monday from Toshiba after BIOS dead update Satellite Amazon and yesterday he told me Toshiba Satellite dead after BIOS update it was not working Asking he said it Toshiba Satellite dead after BIOS update turns on power light on front and fan comes on but won t boot up past there and nothing displays on the screen We tried putting in the restore DVD we made when he got it but nothing It powers on and off with the power button but nothing else I went to Amazon Toshiba Satellite dead after BIOS update to check and see about warranty and what my options might be and when I went to the page where I bought the laptop I see there are now about negative reviews by people who recieved a notice from Toshiba to update the BIOS and after the update the laptop is doing what my son s is Most say that neither Toshiba or Amazon is of any help So I asked my son if he tried to update the BIOS and he said yes Now I am wondering if I should try and contact Amazon since I ve had the machine under months Toshiba or try to repair it on my own or a computer repair place I am typing this question on a Toshiba laptop purchased years ago that I absolutely love and have never been prompted to update the BIOS Confused and looking for advice TIA nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

hi, i tried to update bios on my laptop so i searched the proper bios update PSAE0E. During instaling the aplication, my computer jamed so i have been waiting a few minutes and afterwards i had unplugged the ac cable. Now it does not responds at all, black display, no boot activity.
if you have any ideea ....
Thanks!!!!!

Relevancy 87.29%

Alright, so im not sure if this is software or hardware issue, but my satellite restarted for an update about a week ago and turned back on with a black screen. I tried taking the battery out, pressing the power button for 60 seconds, restarting it, starting in it safe mode, factory resetting it on startup. Nothing. Sometimes the fan will be running, then the machine stops. Sometimes it will just run and stay on the black screen. Sometimes it will start up and the power button wont even be lit, but the fans, and the led for caps lock will be on. Is it time for a new computer, or is there a way to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-black-screen.1164838/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi everyone I m very sorry if this has been asked and answered before I have a Toshiba Satellite L series laptop running windows vista home premium Last week I got a blue screen that I didn t read in time so I don t know what it said and then it shut down I tried to restart it but only get to a black screen with a moveable white arrow I tried using windows startup repair it gives me a white bar at screen Toshiba with black Satellite the bottem that says loading files then the windows copyright screen but then just does the same thing and goes back to the black screen I Toshiba Satellite with black screen ve tried booting in safe mode booting with last known good configuration and system recovery I ve also tried using a recovery disc that I had to buy from toshiba b c I lost my disc in a move to no avail just the same black screen Any help would be greatly appreciated BTW when I put the recovery disc in you can hear Toshiba Satellite with black screen the disc spinning and the fans working until it gets to the windows copyright page then everything dies down and black screen time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-with-black-screen.935478/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a just barely 6y/o Toshiba satelliteA135-S4666. Few says ago was working perfectly fine, now the screen footed blank after a few seconds of turning on. It's still running and sometimes i can get the screen back on if i move it back and forth.
That at least gets me to believe maybe a wire is just loose and not the graphics or motherboards. I just need some directions on were to go from here.

Relevancy 87.29%

Hi All I tried flashing my BIOS through windows as recommended on my Laptop Manufacturer Toshiba website I guess the process went - BIOS - Toshiba Problem SA50 Update Satellite wrong as after hours still the message quot Do not interrupt quot was getting displayed I had to force power off my PC Now it is not booting up The Laptio is Toshiba SA - Satellite series Model No - PSA E- V EN I have tried suggestions in following link askiris toshiba com ToshibaSupportSite search do cmd displayKC amp docType kc amp externalId xml amp sliceId amp dialogID amp stateId However this did not work I would like to try suggestions in devhacks com bios-update-failed-heres-what-you-do However I don t have the recovery disk tool and BIOS ROM file Have tried searching Problem - BIOS Update - Toshiba Satellite SA50 on internet but with no results Can someone please help me with How can I perform the BIOS update to get my PC running back Point me to links where I can find the files in the abov link Many Thanks in advance Best Regards Parag nbsp

A:Problem - BIOS Update - Toshiba Satellite SA50

You may be out of luck here... They don't give serious warnings for flashing the bios for nothing... You might have to replace the motherboard. It is that serious

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-bios-update-toshiba-satellite-sa50.99642/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a Satellite U50D-A and when I turned it on thismorning it starts on the "Toshiba leading inovation screen" with Preparing Automatic Repair written on the bottom. I've googled it but everyone else has the same problem but stuck in a loop...mines just frozen on that first screen. Now been 9 hours and am starting to doubt it will automatically repair

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93802-Satellite-U50D-A-stucks-on-quot-Preparing-Automatic-Repair-quot-screen
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a Satellite U50D-A and when I turned it on thismorning it starts on the "Toshiba leading inovation screen" with Preparing Automatic Repair written on the bottom. I've googled it but everyone else has the same problem but stuck in a loop...mines just frozen on that first screen. Now been 9 hours and am starting to doubt it will automatically repair

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92067-Satellite-U50D-A-stucks-on-quot-Preparing-Automatic-Repair-quot-screen
Relevancy 86.43%

Toshiba Satellite L755 screen went Black when using pc, tried to restart, no fan sounds or any sounds, Amber light comes on when you try to power up, then goes off. Please help, thanks.

A:Help with black screen on Toshiba Satellite L755

A hardware failure of some sort. Could be power adapter - is it the same if run without the main battery?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/help-with-black-screen-on-toshiba-satellite-l755/19506.html
Relevancy 86.43%

My laptop is working, however when I turn it on it'll show the toshiba logo as it usually would but then the screen will go black with the mouse pad still still working.
This laptop has given me issues prior to this occurrence and I am hesitant to go ahead and use the warranty on it if this issue is fixable.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Toshiba Satellite Radius: Black Screen

The boot hard drive has probably failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-radius-black-screen.209440/
Relevancy 86.43%

I bought a VGA cable to connect my laptop to my TV in order to mirror what ever is on my laptop screen. My TV did not pick up anything when I checked the Sources.

I opened the "Action Centre" on my laptop and selected "Project". I changed the current setting of "Duplicate" to "Second Screen Only", this caused my laptop screen to go black when the VGA cable was connected. When I disconnected the VGA cable my laptop screen came back on. This frustrating because I want to change it back to "Duplicate" but it is impossible to navigate while the VGA cable is plugged in because of the black screen.

note that when i changed it to "second Screen Only" my TV still did not pick up my laptop.

any solution for this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/toshiba-satellite-c660-1e3-black-screen-1153625.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi there I have a Toshiba Satellite A and just today I ve encountered a frustrating problem Let s just get a few things out first I had intended to turn it off last night but it didn Satellite Black Screen - Toshiba A200 t shut down There was some message about a program still opened or something like that not a big deal I thought as I had gotten it a few times before I just clicked whatever it was that ended it or turned it off anyways So today I come back to turn it on and it was on that message I turn it off and come back later to turn it on I noticed there was a black Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen screen and I could not do anything I hold the power button to turn it off and restart it It loads the Toshiba Phoenix screen fine Then I get to the Windows Recovery screen It gives me two options - Use the Windows Recovery thing to try to find and repair any errors - Start Windows normally I tried the first option a few times but it said there was an unspecified problem due possibly to some hardware configurations did not do anything before I restarted and pressed F and looked for anything that might have caused it and I exited without saving any changes Toshiba Phoenix thing and then it led me to the screen with the Safe Mode and other options I chose Safe Mode just to see and it led me to the log-in screen but after that it would not let me see those same options again Anyways I would start normally and at the loading screen the bar would load but there is no Vista logo After that there s the black screen I would restart and get the screen with the options again What I think may have been the problem is that I had turned on Returnil Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen s session lock Maybe that shutdown warning had to do with something I had left Returnil on the previous day and shut off without any problems and the next Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen day I did not download anything so it couldn t have been from something I downloaded nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen

insert your windows recovery disk restart the computer then go to system recovery/ repair windows or something similar and have that run, DONT INSTALL WINDOWS! Unless you like loosing your files and re-installing windows vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-a200-black-screen.880706/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi everyone. Im new here and was wondering on, how do i get the screen back, as I've just changed the screen ribbon on toshiba c660 as my old ribbon had broken wires. Everything works and can hear the fan etc but no screen. I noticed though that if i shine a light on the screen i can see the background. Im not computer minded but need help. Thanks

A:toshiba satellite c660 black screen on xp

Hi mw_86 and welcome to TSG.

Have you tried an external Monitor ? I would do that first if possible and if it's display is good carry on below.

With those symptoms if that model has an Inverter I would try switching it with a known working one.
You should find some on Ebay. (I've had good luck even with used ones).

If it does have an Inverter it could be the backlight instead but that's usually much more difficult to replace.

If it's an LED model (ie no Inverter or Backlight) I would guess either the LEDs have failed or they aren't getting power from the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-c660-black-screen-on-xp.1139046/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi there I have a Toshiba Satellite A and I've encountered a frustrating problem Let's just get a few things out first I had intended to turn it off last night but it didn't shut down There was some message about a program still opened or something like that not a big deal I thought as I had gotten it a few times before I just clicked whatever it was that ended it or turned it off anyways So Satellite - Toshiba Black Screen A200 today I come back to turn it on and it was on that message I turn it off and come back later to turn it on I noticed there was a black screen and I could not do anything I hold the power button to turn it off and restart it It loads the Toshiba Phoenix screen fine Then I get to the Windows Recovery screen It gives me two options - Use the Windows Recovery thing to try to find and repair any errors - Start Windows normally I tried the first option a few times but it said there was an unspecified problem due possibly to some hardware configurations did not do anything before I restarted and pressed F and looked for anything that might have caused it and I exited without saving any changes Toshiba Phoenix thing and then it led me to the screen with the Safe Mode and other options I chose Safe Mode just to see and it led me to the log-in screen but Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen after that it would not let me see those same options again but I can still get into Safe Mode using F Anyways I would start normally and at the loading screen the bar would load but there is no Vista logo After that there's the black screen I would restart and get the screen with the options again What I think may have been the problem is that I had turned on Returnil's session lock Maybe that shutdown warning had to do with something I had left Returnil on the previous day and shut off without any problems and the next day I did not download anything so it couldn't have been from something I downloaded I get a User Profile service error when I login with Safe Mode but that service is set to automatic

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261831-toshiba-satellite-a200-black-screen.html
Relevancy 86.43%

hi Toshiba. Ive been having a problem with my Toshiba that I have had for a few years now. the screen has blacked out and everytime I reboot it it still stays black. I have tried every rebbot type and I have asked a lot of people but none of them work. please help. thanks
Zach Attard

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93776-Toshiba-Satellite-A200-black-screen
Relevancy 86.43%

OK first off I'm sorry that this ends up being my first post I work in IT as my day job but I know more about the quirks of machines I've been dealing with for years Anyway to Toshiba boots screen always black Satellite a I have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite A -S x and it will look like it's booting fine and then it shows nothing but a cursor and a black background BEFORE any of you suggest anything please look over what I've done listing in order Tried to boot in safe-mode same thing Tried window disk wouldn't show anything besides black screen so no system repair Tried to boot normally and the PC BSOD'd and then rebooted then blank screen removed HDD Toshiba Satellite always boots to a black screen and put it in my laptop where it booted just fine so not a software issue Looked for mini-dump to see if BSOD info was present no such luck since I had my HDD out anyway I put it in the toshiba to see what would happen it black screen'd as well reset bios to default nothing changed At some point I saw an error mentioning a hardware failure but I don't remember when I saw it More importantly if anyone has any other suggestions I'm willing to try them I'm at a loss here

A:Toshiba Satellite always boots to a black screen

So you get the usual POST and then it just goes to the wonderful Black Hole of Death, right?

No other messages whatsoever.... but at least eliminated the inverter (backlight) as being toast since you did get POST.

Ideas:

Reseat the RAM and clean the contacts.

Clean the inside of the laptop out including all the fans + intakes of dust bunnies.

I'd remove the CPU heatsink and redo the thermal paste with Artic MX-4 (best available), same for the chipset's heatsink if applicable.

I would put in a trusty Linux Live CD (I use Linux Mint's) and of course set the bios to boot off the DVD drive and see if that WORKS or not. [If it can't handle that, then you know it's a shot motherboard, which is the likely scenario, since the video is integrated.]

Could check the voltage on the power supply with a multimeter, also, make sure it's not shot.

See where you are at after those things.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/297991-toshiba-satellite-always-boots-black-screen.html
Relevancy 86.43%

If you like, base on your screen shot, you could try to open the Admin command
diskpartselect disk 0select partition 1assign letter=Rexitreagentc.exe /setreimage /path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target C:\windowsTry create a recovery disk to see if it works
Good luck !!!

I followed these steps. I was looking at the recovery tools in the R partition moments after, and I got a BSOD. Upon reboot, I get

Checking media presence
no media present

To make matters worse, maybe one time out of ten will I be able to get the BIOS menu to come up. Worse STILL, I can't navigate the BIOS, with keyboard or mouse when I can get it to come up. Please help, I am in dire straights here.

My machine is a Toshiba Satellite S55-A i7-4700, 8GB Ram, Nvidia GT 740M

A:"Checking Media... No Media Present" on Toshiba Satellite

Sounds like the Mother Board is dying. I would send it to Toshiba to have it checked out. You are seeing hardware failures and there is not much else that can be done.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70520-checking-media-no-media-present-toshiba-satellite.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I need to reset the cmos chip, I was wondering if I can remove the ram and hope the settings will reset and so forth.

Can I just remove ram and wait 20 minutes or do I have to remove the cmos battery? Computer has no response.

A:Toshiba Satellite a215-7437 no display after bios update

2 things.

1. Did the BIOS Update complete properly?

2. Was it the correct BIOS for your machine?

If the BIOS flash failed then the board is a write off. Hope it's under warranty and get it replaced!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212709-toshiba-satellite-a215-7437-no-display-after-bios-update.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello everyone First of all I will divide my statement by sections so it would be easier to read Section The problem - description of it Section How I manage the problem "loading cursor" Black no on screen and screen with login Boot. Section Things and methods that I have tried - all unsuccessfully Section My own findings to help with further analysis So here we go Section Whenever I start windows it will boot normally up Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot. until Windows logo screen where balls meet to form windows logo at this logo screen I can already notice slow pace as it stays in it for a good minute Afterwards it will be just black screen for a minute Then mouse cursor will appear with faster sensitivity than my usual and it will transform into a loading wheel cursor after another minute And now it reached state in which it can stay for hours Only black screen and loading mouse wheel note that it is always spinning and I can always move it it is not frozen Section So the only way for me to login is to leave it be for at least about hours and it will start itself Usually I do this overnight and in the morning it is already at the desktop and works like nothing ever happened I can do whatever then everything will work perfectly fine Crysys works fine YouTube works fine - no trace of any problem So while I can always just Hibernate and sleep my PC I need to restart it sometimes EDIT Now after those hours or more it will simply display ordinary mouse pointer on a black screen and act as if I am in login screen For example it will sleep after mins of no movement and instantly wake up on activity Section So far I have tried those methods Clean boot All of F advanced boot options Only safe mode and repair windows work sfc scannow in Safe Mode Uninstalling video card driver and reinstalling with the latest compatible CCleaner while in normal mode Other anti virus and malware softwares Windows restore no back up point Deleting network drivers Reinstalling them Disabling all network related devices in the Device Manager Section While Fail Safe mode works neatly Fail safe mode with networking support loads but freezes after about seconds And won't unfreeze only mouse will be movable but everything will be irresponsive and will give me errors like shown on the post here below in the replies It appears to be happened after I downloaded windows update for Virtual machine support During the update I went away from my laptop when I left it was restarting itself to apply updates and when I came back hour later I found my laptop on the same black screen with loading mouse cursor I waited minutes more and forcefully restarted it And it was black screen again Since then I have uninstalled everything regarding that update and virtual machine through programs and features in the windows updates tab There were few times when I saw a BSOD after black screen stood for about hours But was unable to read them fast enough Sometimes the laptop monitor will change its brightness during black screen The laptop will restart itself after about hour of black screen and go into it again --- EDITs Sorry for the edits guys I am using Android to write this and I want my post to look both informative and easy to read --- I usually solve problems like this myself through hardcore researching and analysis but I fail on this one Thank you everyone who will try to help and suggest anything Thank you for your time ExacT

A:Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot.

It sounds like something is trying to load and run in the background.
Download DDS from one of these links:
DDS.com
DDS.pifDisable any script blocking protection
Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray

Save both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next post.
The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. You can post both logs as attachments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344159-black-screen-loading-cursor-no-login-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Good Evening All,

I having a problem with my Dell Latitude D610.

I went to update the BIOS and it said that the battery is not installed despite the laptop running solely off of battery power!

I have ran the dell device diagnostic and device manager and no issue appears to be with the battery. When you check the battery info in the BIOS settings it says the batteries are not installed and also when you log into XP it constantly says running off of AC power even when its not plugged in!

Any one got any ideas what could be causing this and how it can be solved?

Thanks Nick

A:Dell Latitude "battery not installed" preventing BIOS update

It may be referring to the CMOS battery which is wired to the computer beneath the keyboard. The battery can be replaced for $8.95 to $29.95 depending on where you purchase...

But regardless, you do have a problem that must be resolved. The D610 has been one strange little irrelevant problem after another... but you cannot afford to irritate it and have that mysterious unremovable password appear as it has on so many D610 and D620 Dells.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-battery-not-installed-preventing-bios-update.135990/
Relevancy 85.57%

It all began when i was using my laptop and the screen suddenly went black for no apparent reason. it didn't look the screen turned off because it was still lit up. The next day when i was booting up my computer the same thing happened, but it happened while i was booting up. So I held down the power button to shut down and turned it on again but this time nothing came up on the screen.I doubt it's a hardware issue as the screen sometimes shows up, even if i don't move the laptop an inch. But each time the screen still turns it self off.After some googling I found this post which was somewhat similar to my problem but im not too sure.Any help would be much appreciated

A:Black screen while booting Toshiba Satellite L500D

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/462934 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462934/black-screen-while-booting-toshiba-satellite-l500d/
Relevancy 85.57%

I just installed 4GB of matched Crucial memory (had 256MB). Everything was fine for about a day; left the computer running for about 1/2 hour and when I came back...black screen. Nothing. Finally had to shut down using the power button.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Operating system is XP with pack 3 installed.

Thanks,

Don

A:Toshiba Satellite A105 S2061 black screen

Will the system boot properly if the new momory is removed and original memory inserted into system. Also what type memory did you installed (clock speed,SDRAM,etc)

The maximum amount for this particular model is 2GB referring to the Toshiba website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-satellite-a105-s2061-black-screen-306392.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, I am running vista basic in a Toshiba Satellite A215 I was uninstalling firefox when my computer stalled. I tried to reboot, the loading bar came up, after that the screen went black with a mouse cursor arrow. I tried safe mode. Same result. I tried "0 + power" method for factory default. Same result. I dont have the recovery cd. Is there any way to restore factory default without it?  Thanks, RayEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Toshiba Satellite Black Screen White Arrow

Possibly useful, http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Unable-to-restore-laptop-to-factory-settings/td-p/311868 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495143/toshiba-satellite-black-screen-white-arrow/
Relevancy 85.57%

I got my computer back from Best Buy around a month ago, and it was working fine. Today I woke up to find out that when I turn on the computer, the display has no backlight or anything.Please help! D:Cameron (rolie129)message edited by rolie129

A:Toshiba Satellite Radius Laptop black screen

Try an external monitor on it as first step.If you never ever see anything at all on the screen then it is almost certainly a hardware fault but what happens on the external will tell us more.Also let us know whether the computer "appears to start" or not (lights, fan sounds etc).Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/toshiba-satellite-radius-laptop-black-screen/483.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,
I have a toshiba satellite a70 and i am having the following problem. When the laptop shuts down or even restarts, on the screen where the bios appears, it is black. Let me see if i can clarify. The computer turns on or restarts but the screen is black. I can hear the fans come on, all of the indication lights are on, but the screen remains black. I thought that it might be an LCD hardware prob, so I waited 10 min to see if i can at least here it logging into windows, I even connected it to a seperate monitor. Nothing happens. Here's the kicker. If I were to shut down the laptop and then remove the power cable from the back of the laptop and then turn it back on, it would work fine. It seems as though the computer is not shutting down properly?

Please help, Thanks in advance

A:Solved: Toshiba Satellite Black Screen Problem

bump. As additional information, i formatted and installed all drivers needed and the problem still persists.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-satellite-black-screen-problem.836629/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello! After going into hibernation mode, Toshiba Satellite A505-s69803 no longer boots, only slightly powers up and has a black screen with no cursor.

Have tried unplugging power adapter and removing battery, holding power button down for over 60 seconds, then re-plugging in adapter and attempting to boot up. Power button lights up, fan starts, cd/dvd player clicks, then just black screen. No beeps, no messages or errors on screen. Power indicator and adapter indicator below keyboard light up faintly white. Battery indicator goes orange momentarily if I put the battery back in.

Can anyone help wih ideas or resolutions? Would really like to try to bring this machine back to life to get some recent non-backed up photos and other data off it.

Thank you!!

Relevancy 85.57%

hello,

I am having a very annoying issue with my toshiba satellite L755-S5216. It boots up fine but sometimes while im doing work on the computer(just normal schoolwork and such) the screen will go black with a redish line that flickers on the left side of the screen. The only way to fix it is to do a shutdown holding the power button. Is there anyway to fix this...or is it just the inverter that i have read on a few posts on this site?

Thanks

A:Screen going black on Toshiba Satellite L755-S5216

A laptop repair person can fix this for you. It could be a bad LCD panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-going-black-on-toshiba-satellite-l755-s5216.176752/
Relevancy 85.57%

I tried to do a reset in laptop because it was acting horrible. Slow loading or unable to load. I fell asleep during the reset process and woke up to black screen. Tried turning it off and starting over but nothing

A:Black screen on toshiba satellite laptop after i reset

This should get you going, then we need to find what caused the original problem.How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/c9viJO4.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/DdozUxq.gifHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/black-screen-on-toshiba-satellite-laptop-after-i-reset/323.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi all Ill cut to the chase What White" Desktop "High Windows not and "Black the just Contrast" Turning completely I am asking is someway of turning the Entire Windows Desktop Screen quot Black and White quot not simply High Contrast I am one of those unfortunate ones Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" like many that suffer from quite severe migraines from time to time Couple this with frequent headaches sometimes daily This obviously isnt helped by the fact that my hobby and career are both in IT I have tried every possible solution to alleviate the headaches Lay off certain foods make sure to have a balanced diet Turn off any strong lighting around my computer screen remove any strong colours from the desktop etc Windows XP Vista have tried to address this issue with the accessibility wizard where you can select the High Contrast Options to take any strong colours off the screen Unfortunately this still doesnt get rid of everything When you make any major changes or quot logoff quot in XP Vista the screen fades to quot black and white Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" quot for a short period If you know what I am on about thats the effect I am after More than likely a black and white layer is Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" laid over the desktop to create this effect unfortunately you would not be able to access anything underneath I need a fully functional XP machine in complete black and white On old CRT monitors you were able to remove the colour making the screen B amp W but with alot of LCD screens this function is not available If anyone has any ideas you would be helping so many people Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Regards Richard nbsp

A:Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-the-windows-desktop-completely-black-and-white-not-just-high-contrast.592004/
Relevancy 84.71%

just got this link from microsoft:
Description of the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 installation software feature update

A:kb976902 the "black hole" update

Hmmm, does this mean that a service pack is on its way sooner than expected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/122676-kb976902-black-hole-update.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi. I'm basic computer user posting on behalf of my grandad who lives several hours away. I've been trying to help him by phone but no success so far.

He has Toshiba Satellite L350D running Windows 7. For several days he's met black screen on startup. He's tried a few online suggestions (that I found via Google) that didn't help (hold power 30 secs, hold power 60 secs, remove battery, external monitor, several function keys). A couple of times he found tapping f11 during startup enabled him to use laptop, but that way has since failed to work.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399472-old-w7-laptop-black-startup-screen-toshiba-satellite-l350d.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a toshiba laptop satellite A135-S2276 running vista, two problems one is the laptop when the power button is pressed, the light on the power switch comes on, and the light on the dvd/cd rom comes on and stays on. the fan comes on for a minute or two, but all i see is a black. the laptop had this issue several months back so it sat on the side. i tryed it a few days ago and it powered up, Second proble forgot password to my account and the Administrators account. But when trying password i completely rebooted and got the black screen. What to do? Thanks for any feed back!!!

A:toshiba laptop satellite A135-S2276 black screen

Do you have files there that you need to keep?

If not, try holding 0 when booting and see if that starts recovery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-satellite-a135-s2276-black-screen.1051638/
Relevancy 84.71%

my computer satellite l750 was fallen and the screen is locked,when I press any
key the caps lock's key light get on and the num luck simultaneously

A:computer toshiba satellite l750 screen locked( black)

Sounds like you need a new keyboard, at least.

Try turning on the screen with the Fn keys and I think it's Fn4 or Fn5 along the top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-toshiba-satellite-l750-screen-locked-black.1055228/
Relevancy 84.71%

Toshiba Satellite L D-S A month ago was having issues with infinite start up loop after bad updates install Couldn't even get into the command prompt for a while but then was able to and followed the quot How to Recover from an Infinite Looping Startup Repair Loop without Reinstalling Windows quot guide that I found on here and it worked Got all of my personal files off then after a couple weeks decided to do a factory reset because it was starting to run slow at times Two nights ago had more updates can't even factory black reset screen of Toshiba and Satellite - death from Windows and when I turned it on it said something didn't download correctly It did a disk Toshiba Satellite - black screen of death and can't even factory reset check and then was fine except ran slow when it booted up for a few minutes Today when turning it on it gives options of running StartUp Repair which does the Windows loading files screen then goes to a black screen with the cursor icon Also gives the Start Windows Normally option which gets stuck on the opening Windows icon and never moves All F options end up with black screen with cursor and the kicker is that I attempted factory reset twice now and it goes to a black screen with cursor as well I don't have a recovery disk or any other Windows media Is there anything else I can try tried taking the battery out too and holding down power button or is this laptop toast Thanks and let me know if you need any other system specs

A:Toshiba Satellite - black screen of death and can't even factory reset

I would say that you have a disk problem.
If you do have a Win (7, 8 or 10) installation disk, boot with it, go to repair, launch command prompt and then type chkdsk C: /f.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402080-toshiba-satellite-black-screen-death-cant-even-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 84.28%

hello

My comp is: IBM

machine type: NETVISTA 6578
Model HGD

I found on IBM website that Coppermine Pentium III 800 Mhz is correct one for the main board: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-4LHMXK

So I had bought and instaled the Processor PIII 800. Hmm next in BIOS I can see a crap:

"167 - No processor bios update found"

I cleared BIOS albd loaded default values. IBM website is really crap

A:"167 - No processor bios update found" - but how ??

and my BIOS date is 2003. IBM is a crap isn't it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/167-no-processor-bios-update-found-but-how.622008/
Relevancy 84.28%

I recently flashed the BIOS on my P5N32-E SLI from 1404 to 1601, and when it was done, the board would no longer successfully POST with both of my 8800GTS 512s plugged in. Every time it POSTed it would fail either upon listing the CPU speed, or while searching for HDDs and optical drives. Problem disappeared when I removed my second 8800GTS. I wondered if maybe my power supply (460 watt Enermax, 33A +12V) was starting to fail, because it is a little low on juice to power an SLI system.

But it powered it just fine for about 4 months.

So that led me to believe that this BIOS flash has somehow caused the board to not want to POST anymore when both cards are plugged in. So I'm wondering if it's possible to flash my BIOS back to an older version, one that actually allows SLI to work.

EDIT: Fixed, see post 10.

A:"Update" BIOS to a previous version

IF you updated your Bios you might need to also go into it and re-enable SLI.

Check it out!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/update-bios-to-a-previous-version.118068/
Relevancy 84.28%

Last year I just built my own tower and it worked perfectly over Thanksgiving break Now I just came home a PLEASE or in I screen a "Please the screen cursor Wait" get black HELP! with middle week later and nothing I got the loading like normal then when it was supposed PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle to show my sign in for Win I got a black screen with my cursor in the middle that won't move I have not changed anything with my tower I went to hold the power button to turn it off and it turned off then turned back on two seconds later Got the screen with PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle quot start normally safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt quot PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle I tried starting normally and got the same thing I shut it off and unplugged it before it started up again now I took care of the automatic restart I next tried safe mode on each mode would start to load the processes but then got a please wait screen with the windows loading circle never stopped quot loading quot I have not touched my tower because I have been at sollege and my door has been shut and no one goes in my room I have no idea what is going on and do not know what to do I guess the next step would to be to try and reinstall win with the cd i dont know PLEASE HELP

A:PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdfb42

Last year I just built my own tower, and it worked perfectly over Thanksgiving break. Now I just came home a week later and nothing. I got the loading like normal, then when it was supposed to show my sign in for Win 7, I got a black screen with my cursor in the middle that won't move. I have not changed anything with my tower. I went to hold the power button to turn it off, and it turned off then turned back on two seconds later. Got the screen with "start normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt" I tried starting normally and got the same thing...I shut it off and unplugged it before it started up again...now I took care of the automatic restart. I next tried safe mode on each mode...would start to load the processes, but then got a please wait screen with the windows loading circle...never stopped "loading".

I have not touched my tower because I have been at sollege, and my door has been shut and no one goes in my room.

I have no idea what is going on and do not know what to do. I guess the next step would to be to try and reinstall win 7 with the cd...i dont know....PLEASE HELP!

Have you tried the Last Known Good Configuration? If that doesn't work you might open the Case and make sure everything is tight, all cables and power leads. There isn't an USB port being used by a Flash drive or anything else that you might have just installed is there? If so unplug them/it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-help-i-get-a-please-wait-screen-or-black-screen-with-cursor-in-the-middle-533273.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I was having trouble starting my computer like many other people it seems - it would hang just after the quot starting windows quot screen appeared I had a completely black blank screen no mouse pointer nothing The only way to overcome the issue was by powering down and restarting windows which always seemed to get it running but very frustrating none the less I tried several fixes from this forum without success Thinking about it though I realised that my problem only began after I had reinstalled windows which I had done several times because of faulty memory - everytime I got the same screen after Solved black "loading screen windows" startup problem I know that advice from this forum frequently referred to ensuring all drivers were up to date so I checked mine via Device Manager All showed that they were the latest drivers according to Windows Update However I decided to manually reinstall the motherboard drivers from the ASUS website I had already done so for the chipset namely the SATA and LAN drivers To my delight this seems Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen to have returned my Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen computer to its correct working state with no startup issues Just thought I would post this info in case it is of use to anyone trying to overcome a similar problem

A:Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen

Hi ColWar,

Thanks for posting your solution! Hopefully this will be of use to someone else. I will flag this thread to be marked 'Solved'.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79331-solved-black-screen-after-loading-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

i am fed up with this, firstly i installed win 10 , getting same error so i shifted to win 8.1 now again same issue, that is really sad, why you create laptops when you cant upload proper drivers, laptop is useless without drivers and my laptop have 4gg graphics card also but its *** as all game etc use local hd driver instead of my card and i get o performance in running any game.

please help me with drivers i am fed up with this.

A:"the update installer operation is unsuccessful" getting error on each driver installation on my new laptop dell 5558 black one window 8.1 pro 64 bit.

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!

What driver are you trying to install in particular and what hardware IDs do you have?
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/
Also the size of the downloaded driver, in case its an incomplete download. 
Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19663683
Relevancy 84.28%

Entering the bios limits me to certain options. Is there anyway to access the other options? sorry, newbie here.

A:No "usb legacy support" "qfan" options on my asus laptop bios.

If your BIOS doesn't include such options, then they simply are not there.

I don't know about hacking BIOS's, and I wouldn't suggest it at all. You could brick your motherboard.

However, you should check with your manufacturer's website and see if there is an update available for the BIOS that may increase available options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/222756-no-usb-legacy-support-qfan-options-my-asus-laptop-bios.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am experiencing the "Black Screen of Death" with a mouse pointer only after the Welcome screen -- even in safe mode. I have tried the Ctrl+Shift+Esc option I saw here but I get no response. I also restored the system back a few weeks but no help. I think my next step is to edit the register, **BUT** I did not receive any media with my system, purchased in September 08. How do I get to this screen from the F11 prompt at start-up?

Any other suggestions would also be helpful - this mess wasn't in my plans for a heavy computer-use weekend!

Thanks for your help!

A:Solved: "Repair your computer" with no media - Black Screen of Death

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repair-your-computer-with-no-media-black-screen-of-death.801022/
Relevancy 84.28%

This problem started just last night and I ve gone through to after Menu" screen Problem going computer with black/blank "Boot a series Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" of possibilities and I m Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" pretty sure I ve ruled out it being the Video Card at this point I m assuming it is the Hard Drive but I wanted to get an opinion that has actual value rather than my own gt lt Last night I shut down my computer via start menu and went to turn it back on and when I did the screen went blank black after the quot boot menu quot not sure what that menu is called its where its kind of blue i have an hp and you can hit Esc F F F After that happened I figured oh well maybe it just loaded wrong so I shut it off now when I hit the power button rather than having to hold it down I just press it once even lightly and it just shuts down completely Normally when you hit it you have to hold it down to shut it down completely or so I think Now I m currently using an Nvidia GeForce GTX video card I swapped that out with a working one which was an Nvidia GeForce GT not sure if the were compatible or not but it fit and everything ok Computer still did the same thing with the other video card I didn t try the current one in the broken computer in the working computer to rule it out completely I just assuming that was the cast besides it wouldn t fit in the other computer or didn t have some of the cords Which is why I came to the assumption it is the Hard Drive A as google puts it Logical Hard Drive Failure I m not really sure what that is seems like it can happen due to a virus deleting system files etc I m also not sure on what to look for if one occurs can the screen load that boot menu and actually go blank afterwards like when its loading windows Anyways I have no clue where to go from here or what steps to even take If needed here are my system specs - Intel Core i - Processor - GB DDR System Memory - TB Hard Drive Made by Seagate it looks like I m pretty sure there are drives aswell a much smaller one that stores most of the system files and the giant one though I see nothing inside the actual computer that would indicate a nd drive - Nvidia GeForce GTX with GB Dedicated Graphics Memory - Annnnnd Windows Incase anyone was also curious the video card I tested with was - GeForce GT with MB DDR The computer itself that I use and am currently experiencing problems with is HP Pavilion Elite HPE f PC nbsp

A:Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu"

See if you can boot off something like Hiren's Boot CD and then run a hard drive diagnostic tool.

That will rule in or out a hard drive problem. It could be that your Windows system files got corrupted and maybe you could fix by doing a repair of Windows from a Windows 7 dvd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-computer-going-to-black-blank-screen-after-boot-menu.176088/
Relevancy 84.28%

Help please I turned on my computer and got a black screen with the message Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key I had no prior warning or problems with my computer I hit F for the setup menu and there is no hard drive listed under channel devices on the main Tab It says None for First Select proper screen black "Reboot boot device....." with and and Second Channel Device and The CD and DVD drives are listed under Channel Device and For Installed Memory it says MB PC - and Memory black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....." Bank and show black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....." MB DDR SDRAM Core Version says and BIOS Revision says Under Advanced tab it lists CPU type as Intel Pentium CPU GHz with HT Technology and it lists the CPU Speed and Cache RAM If I go to advanced under Boot Device Priority hard drive group is listed but has parentheses around it To the right it says that means the device has been disabled in the corresponding type menu but I don t see it anywhere as disabled I bought this tower several months ago used and it has no warranty There was no boot cd with it The really scary thing is that I cannot get into safe mode or system recovery It just goes back to the black screen with the message when I press F or F Can anyone help with any suggestions other than buying another hard drive I am on Social Security and it was a real hardship to buy the last one It is a HP Paviliona c I have Windows XP Home SP I will probably have to call a tech to come and look at it but I thought I would try you guys first Thanks for any suggestions Gail

A:black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....."

In the bios setup menu, do you have the hard drives set to IDE mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-493311.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all I have a Dell Zino HD It came with Windows bit but I would like to use that license on another computer so I want to swap in a copy of Vista that I own that is currently not in use I did a clean install of Vista and it made it all the way through the install process and when it rebooted it just stopped at a black screen with the mouse cursor arrow I can move the arrow around but it does nothing else I tried reinstalling reinstalling on a secondary partition wondering if there was something goofy with the front of the drive all to the same effect Safe mode will not boot either I have a copy of XP MCE lying around so I thought I would try that I put that in and it just got past loading the inital drivers and hit quot Starting Windows quot before I could do any input at all and then blue screened with a message that I should run CHKDSK F I got the harddrive out got it into my Windows Professional-running desktop and ran CHKDSK It found nothing wrong I ran all of Dell's harddrive checks It too found nothing wrong On a whim I tried Windows again and it worked just fine Any ideas on what on earth is going on System specs are Dell Zino HD ATI HD Integrated graphics running on VGA for this experiment GB RAM GB HDD Ghz single core AMD cpu Thanks so much guys

A:Install hangs on black screen with mouse after "Completing Installation"

Welcome,
I would prepare the HD properly, using this tutorial as a guide.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums

and here is a guide for Seven installation problems.
I think that it applies to your situation, also
http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...solutions.html

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286949-install-hangs-black-screen-mouse-after-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Here is the HijackThis log from my parents computer I already uninstalled quot Spruce quot because i saw elsewhere online that it is viral but the problem persists Basically whenever I boot the machine I get a message similar to quot sorry your license has expired you need to increase your license to continue work click Computer message "License Expired" with Black Screen Boots to the button below to fix this problem quot with a button below it The screen is completely black and I cannot Computer Boots to Black Screen with "License Expired" message do anything on it then it tries to a fullscreen page in IE called porntube The below log was obtained while in safemode as I can do nothing when I boot the machine regularly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ms mysearch com sa srchlft html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www gateway net O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO no name - ce b - d- b - f - fc bb - C WINNT system mnvtvat dll file missing O - BHO My Web Search Bar BHO - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - C Program Files MyWebSearchWB bar bin W BAR DLL O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO dc ie monitor ie monitor - DA E -A DD- CB - B- B F D - C Program Files DioCleaner dc ie monitor dll file missing O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - HKLM Run Hot Key Kbd Daemon SK DM EXE O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Keyboard Preload Check C OEMDRVRS KEYB Preload exe DEVID CLASS Keyboard RunValue quot Keyboard Preload Check quot O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINNT GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run CapFax C Program Files PhoneTools CapFax EXE O - HKLM Run InstantAccess C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin INSTAN EXE h O - HKLM Run RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin REGIST EXE O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINNT System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run SideWinderTrayV C PROGRA MI F GAMECO Common SWTrayV exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Automatic Backup C Program Files Iomega Iomega Automatic Backup ibackup exe O - HKLM Run ADUserMon C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe O - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe IMGSTART O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run navapp C Program Files NavExcel NavHelp... Read more

A:Computer Boots to Black Screen with "License Expired" message

nevermind, I'm getting more prompt help on a different forum. please disregard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-boots-to-black-screen-with-license-expired-message-209508.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium "Black new a inhstalling card, after power supply Screen" SP1, and graphics Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Stepping Processor "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled This "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply has happened times - once while I was only watching a video online ahnd twice when I d play The Sims The screen goes back and it just restarts When the computer would restart I d receive the quot unexpected shutdown quot error but the computer will run smoothly until I do something that wills trigger it to happen again I have two of the error logs Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA A E BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA DDDB B BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml As I recently installed three notable things I m not sure exactly which is the problem but I assume the graphics because in Action Center these events are listed under quot Address a problem with NVIDIA Graphics Driver quot where it had apparently stopped working Please help me out nbsp

A:"Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-inhstalling-sp1-a-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.985632/
Relevancy 84.28%

About a month ago I was having troubles with my laptop "black Acer death" one Aspire screen AO751h of where the battery percentage would always say or or just die right after I unplug my laptop I was told that it wasn t my battery just needed to update my bios SOOOOO one day I finally decided to update my bios and made the worst Acer Aspire one AO751h "black screen of death" mistake possible I was running the update when I thought my laptop had frozen and I pretty much panic d and forced my laptop to shut off I did read on the update when I launched quot do not shut off computer quot and that s exactly what I did it was an automatic reaction simply because I did not know the update started the moment I opened the exe file since it didn t say that in the quot readme txt quot file SO of course now my laptop is gone black screen when I cut it on I ve read tutorials all online about this issue with an acer aspire one netbook on how to fix this but the tutorial seems to be for that ONE SPECIFIC NETBOOK which is the acer aspire one aa I tried following that tutorial with the bios files from the acer website for my laptop but they don t have the files for my netbook that the tutorial goes off of I came here for help to see if anyone could help me because I pretty much figured since it s an problem that was fixable on that model there has to be some sort of way I can fix this with my laptop Like the title it s an Acer Aspire One ZA AO h and has Windows Vista Bit Yes I do understand my laptop is pretty much done and useless if this isn t fixable Thanks is advance nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello Sevenforums Notebook HP ProBook s OS Windows x bit Did not buy from hp bought from a guy at loading Stuck "Windows files" black screen is after Yesterday my explorer Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files" got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button i turned it on and then Startup repair appeared i left it to complete and then i went to sleep The next day i woke up i opened my laptop and then quot Windows is loading files quot appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever I read many solutions but none of them seemed to work Such as -Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for seconds -Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery I cannot access safe mode using F I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff If anyone can help i would be grateful because ill probably pay and up Im extremely sure that this problem happened because of AVG free antivirus that i installed i installed the antivirus about week ago and i never restarted the pc until then only putting it into sleep mode But this time it got restarted with some strange things happening when it was restarting and it mentioned some of the AVG files deleting stuff I dont know im really in need of help

A:Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

Hello and welcome Majd have a read throughtis and see if there are any thngs you can use . Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you can get into safe mode at all get rid of the AVG - it is crap.

Did this bloke give you any recovery media ?? and usually factory installed machines have factory restore partitions so can you let us know exactly what model this machine is please - I know you have quoted a number but have good look underneath and look for yourself before we go any further .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397527-stuck-black-screen-after-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guys I've a ASUS N VZ with Intel screen) "broke" EasyBCD acess 7 (black and can't Bootloader Win 2.1.2 Core i - QM with Win Home Premium x pre-installed This computer come with EFI instead of the traditional BIOS When I bought it I had visible partitions C OS - with windows and programs D Data - in blank I store some movies and other unimportant stuff E Recovery - software from EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) ASUS to recovery computer So as I'm at a Master's Degree in Computer Science I needed to install Ubuntu I made a partition from Win reserving around GB for Ubuntu It went fine and the install was sucessful I rebooted and I could get into Ubuntu When I tried to enter Windows I got this message quot error Invalid EFI file path Press any key to continue quot So I get in Ubuntu again and use repair-tool which insert new entries on GRUB Then I got a new entry called quot Windows UEFI loader quot The old entry quot Windows loader quot continued to not work This new one EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) got me into Windows And I should have stooped here But I though that this wasn't perfect and installed EasyBCD actual version on Windows My idea EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) was to replace GRUB by bootloader of Windows and have the two entries there for each OS The problem is that EasyBCD change my boot and now I can't get into Windows anymore I try to add those entries but they do not have been sucessfull added Booting from windows I have the Windows Boot Manager with the two entries but neither of them work The Ubuntu retrieve a failure quot File NST AutoNeoGrub mbr Status xc quot The Windows entry get me into a black screen and don't get into the windows loading bar If I boot from Ubuntu I have the GNU GRUB which still allow me to get into Ubuntu The problem is that the entry quot Windows UEFI loader quot that used to work now get me into the Windows Boot Manager that I've just described So I even try to use the Windows DVD to select quot repair the computer quot and then repair the boot but I got always this message quot his version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows quot I tried the Wondershare LiveBoot software but that didn't solved too I've logged in Ubuntu and created this log with boot-repair which I think can be of some help Ubuntu Pastebin Now I just want to be able to access Windows I would prefer not to format and install Win again because I've a lot of programs installed and repeat that it's very time consuming but if that's the only solution that be But I honestly think that I've used quot every card quot I knew to try to solve this ASUS N VZ-S V Specs Intel i QM GB GB GB DDR GB rpm SATA Drive DVDRW Supermulti quot FHD LED non glare NVidia GeForce M G Windows Premium bits

A:EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen)

It requires special installation steps to install to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums. You'd need to ask in an Ubuntu forum how to install it in EFI mode.

You can remove EFI Boot disk from BIOS Boot order and enable Legacy BIOS to install normally, however.

For now I'd delete Ubuntu's partition, Mark Partition Active Win7 or it's 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times to start Win7 again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/255036-easybcd-2-1-2-broke-bootloader-cant-acess-win-7-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a laptop with Windows 7. I was playing games on it today and suddenly browser closed. Then everything else closed and logged out and my laptop completely shut down. When I tried to turn it on again, a blank black screen with a flashing underscore "_" comes up and none of my keys work. The F8 key does nothing. I have turned it off and on many times. Please help!

A:Laptop won't start up past black screen with blinking "_"

StarJune,
Welcome to TSG.
From your description of the fairly normal but unrequested shutdown, this could possibly be a windows update that failed.
What type of laptop is it? Do you have the Operating System disk? If not you can and probably should order one from the manufacturer.
Take a look at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

I would attempt a Startup Repair first, then try System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-start-up-past-black-screen-with-blinking-_.1047705/
Relevancy 84.28%

- Firstly my laptop was making the USB in and out sounds along with black screen flashes and also screen black sounds, and Randomly makes 'out'" screen 'in "USB flashes resolution changes - So I decided it was time to reset my laptop Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black completely in the hope of fixing this problem - Now after my laptop finished resetting another problem has arisen a red cross appeared on my speaker logo on taskbar and no sound So I fixed it following these steps windows sound problem no speakers or headphones plugged in error - YouTube for reference - Now after this yes I have sound but my sound quality has drastically decreased almost like 'stock' sound Unsure what to do now with this - Further to this whilst Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black avast free antivirus was installing doubt that matters my original quot USB in and out sound quot problem had happened again with black screen flashes and screen resolution changes - As I had been in such a pickle I decided to come here as I really need an expert opinion My laptop is a HP Envy Processor Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics GHz Ram gb AN IMPORTANT NOTE I upgraded to windows as part of the free upgrade a while back I noticed that the red cross speaker problem has been linked to this Unsure for me Only things Ive got back on my laptop was google chrome logged in again with all extenstions and bookmarks etc Steam Football manager and yes avast Any help greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

A:Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black

Try to uninstall Avast and see if the sounds disappear as it is possible it's the cause of it. Windows probably installed generic drivers for your sound so go to the manufacturer website and download the correct drivers for your machine. I fact you should use the drivers from the manufacturer for other hardware such as your graphics and also run an Admin cmd command: sfc /scannow to see if any files are corrupted. Instead of Avast use the built in Defender and the firewall and with Malwarebytes free and common sense you'll be protected

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68541-randomly-makes-usb-out-sounds-screen-flashes-black.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Windows XP SP fully updated was working on windows phone problem got the "Disk Antivirus black after Pro" w/cursor screen virus quot Disk Antivirus Professional quot virus I immediately disconnected my ethernet cable and went to TASK MANAGER and started deleting all suspicious services I errantly deleted a svhost file and it went into shutdown mode upon reboot I got a black screen with only the mouse cursor which moves fine I tried to reinstall black screen w/cursor after "Disk Antivirus Pro" virus windows XP from OEM disk went through entire procedure Still boots to black screen w cursor black screen w/cursor after "Disk Antivirus Pro" virus tried safe mode black screen w cursor amp safe mode in corners finally got to safe mode with command prompt but still no screen From cmd regedit - I cannot find any of the files that are associated with quot Disk Antivirus Professional quot - ie quot random exe quot etc I ve searched all I can about this and cannot find a fix Someone please point me in the right direction I still have cmd up on the computer I m afraid to close it again HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-w-cursor-after-disk-antivirus-pro-virus.1091417/
Relevancy 84.28%

My sister (in a distant city) got a new computer running XP called me. Her kids got into the computer and now the screen is black except for a white stripe along the top withe words written there, "out of range."

No mouse control and no cursur.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, shortcut

A:Black screen except for white strip reading "out of range"

The out of range error is usually generated by the computers memory having problems. try taking the cover off the pc and re-seating the memory. If you can get a memory diagnostic tool off the net somewhere use it. The other guys who post here may be able to tell you of a good one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-except-for-white-strip-reading-out-of-range.169869/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I read here and attempted to fix this before posting Your forum is so informative screen "WARNING message on IN with start YOUR up DANGER" Black and I think its great that so many of you help out here as volunteers The problem when I boot up Black screen on start up with "WARNING YOUR IN DANGER" message is I have a black screen with a huge pop up stating quot WARNING YOUR IN DANGER quot then smaller print saying like all you do on your computer is stored on your hard disc and etc Okay so I ran my EZ Antivirus Ad Aware Spybot everything is updated and I run behind Zone Alarm premium My system is XP I followed the directions from another thread and Black screen on start up with "WARNING YOUR IN DANGER" message through that I already uninstalled PC Guard through add remove Then I DL LSPfix and saved it I DL smitRem zip and opened up the RunThis bat file only after in safe mode later I DL CCleaner and altered the options as per instructions from the other thread I also DL Ewido Security Suite and altered the additional options as instructed I killed system restore then booted in safe mode Oh yes and I DL Hijack This Then I opened the RunThis bat file and finished the disk cleanup completely Then I ran Ewido and saved report Then I started Ccleaner I reset websettings under Internet Options Then I went to control panet gt Display gt Desktoop tab gt customize desktop gt Web tab gt Web Pages gt then deleted the entry Security Then I rebooted out of safe mode Afterwards I ran ActiveScan online and saved report Finally then I did the HijackThis log Please see below the reports from my ewido and active scan logs as well as my latest Hijack This log too I really tried to fix it without having to bother you all so please help me by showing me what I missed or did wrong Many thanks in advance for any and all advice given I am still running without any restore point because I know I need to go ahead and fix this before restarting that Hijack Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDetection exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Firewall ca exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run eTrustPPAP quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDete... Read more

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a no-activation volume license version of XP Pro My friend used this exact "Loading Hang... screen black at Boot XP" XP Windows CD burned from an ISO to upgrade one of his computers from winME to XP Boot Hang... at black screen "Loading Windows XP" XP I have gone through hell with it Long story short the installation goes fine and when its all done on the first boot I see the black quot Loading Windows XP quot screen that usually appears for a very short time The XP Boot Hang... at black screen "Loading Windows XP" progress bar moves about halfway across actually not a bar its just blue blobs but it works the same way the lights on my keyboard numlock capslock scrollock flash and it hangs I can then turn numlock on and off but not capslock or scrollock Ctrl-alt-delete doesn t work I can boot into safe mode I have tried reinstalling it even gone to the point of reformatting my drive Still no go I KNOW that XP will work on this machine as I ran a beta of it hitch-free for days until I had to activate My machine is more than powerful enough Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

My acer laptop acer aspire DG D recently got really slow and laggy What was more strange is that in task manager it showed - CPU usage Then there were more stages that lead it to go wrong Anyway i have removed the hard drive Western digital blue and saved all my important data to a separate desktop PC using a separate cable etc I and itself Windows black restarts 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes have reinstalled windows Ultimate bit on that hard drive using the PC then putting it back in the laptop but the same problem remains When i boot windows from the hard drive on the desktop PC the same thing happens it hangs goes black and restarts The warranty for the laptop has expired just a Windows 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes black and restarts itself few weeks before it started going wrong and acer support is no use My brother who is quite good with computers says that i may need to buy a new hard drive but before i do i thought i might ask you guys Thanks for any help or suggestions

A:Windows 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes black and restarts itself

You can't count on Win7 to start when moved to different hardware without SysPrep to move HD to another computer.

I'd instead try booting the Win7 installer for the licensed version on the Acer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

If it fails test the HD using maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan followed by Disk Check run from installer System Recovery Options Command Line, on a full disk partition created in installer or using Step 2.2 here: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation.

Check for newer BIOS update. If none reset BIOS to defaults, set SATA controller to AHCI to try install. Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Test your RAM - Test with Memtest86+ for 5-6 passes. Remove all but 2gb RAM to try install, swap RAM sticks, check for debris in slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234474-windows-7-hangs-startup-screen-goes-black-restarts-itself.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I got the quot ATI display driver has stopped responding and has recovered from an error quot several times over the last couple of days where my screen would freeze for a couple of second and then start working again and would display that message I thought little of it as it did always seem to work afterwards Last night however it got extremely frequent happening at least once a minute and i decided to try and restart my computer permanently Screen black driver..." after display "ATI several Errors? to see if that would help at all Now when I try to turn the computer on the screen stays black and will not do anything I can hear that the computer trying to work as the fans are going and the power light is on it's just the screen that isn't working How to troubleshoot quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot error in Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? Windows or Windows Vista I found these guides on how to Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? fix the error message but at the moment both are no good as I can't even use my computer to fix the problem as the screen won't work I am pretty sure the reason my computer is doing this is because of outdated drivers as I recently did a fresh install of windows and only installed the drivers that came on the CD I was given with my computer I should have downloaded the latest drivers online I am running Windows on a Dell Studio laptop I am unsure of the graphics card at the moment as I can't access the computer but I know that it is an ATI of some sort Thanks in advance

A:Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors?

Does your display power up? can you see something on the display like BIOS post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285856-screen-permanently-black-after-several-ati-display-driver-errors.html
Relevancy 84.28%

So a couple of days ago, my PC started hanging up on a "Please Wait" loading screen in between the "Starting Windows" screen (where the Windows logo forms from coloured orbs) and the user account selection screen. Sometimes I'd leave it half an hour and it still wouldn't load.

To start with, I simply gave my PC a hard reboot, and the problem would go away. When this stopped working, I system restored, and then the problem disappeared. This morning however, I performed a system restore from safe mode, and now when I boot my PC, in whatever mode, I get the "Starting Windows" screen, then the PC hangs up on a black screen with only the mouse pointer active.

I honestly have no idea where to start with this problem, as I can't even re-install windows!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Notso.

A:Hang up on "Please Wait", system restored, now black screen...

I worked out how to use the PC's startup repair, it failed ("Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically").

Now I start the PC I get the option of startup repair, or booting normally (which leads to BSOD each time).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232491-hang-up-please-wait-system-restored-now-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I just installed a new motherboard into my compaq preserio and when the computer starts up I am greeted with a black screen that says "loading operating system...". When I plug the original motherboard in I am greeted with a black screen, nothing happens after that. I have already installed the new motherboard's drivers but thats was when it crashed. I ran a diagnostic on it and it gave me error BIOHD 3, which I believe means that the drivers couldnt be found. So I am stuck at a stand still until I can find a fix.

A:Stuck at black screen that says "loading operating system"

Usually, after a motherboard change, a Clean Install Windows 7 is needed .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205422-stuck-black-screen-says-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone I just had this problem occur the other day I was playing the new WoW when I started getting a really BAD picture lines going across my screen red and green dots and what not Then the game froze and I had to shut down the computer I tried logging on a few more times with the same problems I tried logging on just to use the internet and the screen kept going black then back to normal eventually just freezing Now when I log on the screen goes black right at the blue login screen and my moniter reads quot IGN no input signal quot I am running Microsoft XP I saw another thread like this elsewhere with the agreed-upon cause being overheating All my screen, After signal" startup, by followed "no input black computer fans work including processor and video card and I even took off the side panel after the computer has been off for a day still no luck The oldest parts on my computer are the harddrive safe to assume this is not the problem and my video card Any help would be appreciated and sorry if this is in the wrong board - iron nbsp

A:After computer startup, black screen, followed by "no input signal"

I have the same problm need help bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-computer-startup-black-screen-followed-by-no-input-signal.115757/
Relevancy 84.28%

Machine HP Envy nr w AMD M XT I've been struggling for the past several related (literally monitor? screen to Black "phantom" - off) days with this getting odd behavior where Windows might install just fine or start a session OK but then at some point my laptop monitor just turns off Even seems to happen on start up before getting to Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? the lock screen Yesterday I went all out did factory image reset to Windows updated the Intel HD drivers went to Catalyst beta drivers as well Installed Win as an upgrade All seemed OK briefly then I got some screen flickering and it returned to normal except for the fact that it then thought I had two monitors I think at some point over the weekend while I was screwing around with this it I had my TV plugged in via HDMI and it showed up as monitor In any event I could move my Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? mouse over well past the bounds of my quot real quot monitor and there was definitely a phantom area out there Furthermore under 'Devices' on Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? the right hand bar it showed I had a second monitor To try and get rid of that I set my quot projector quot settings to duplicate the monitors rather than extend at which point it just turned off and wouldn't return revert Anyone else experience this Any idea of why it would think I have a phantom second monitor Seems awfully suspicious given how many issues I've had

A:Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor?

Ah hah! This is definitely the main problem I've been having now! Even with my Intel HD graphics disabled, upon reboot Windows think it finds a second monitor when there isn't one there. Not only that but it makes it the PRIMARY monitor so you can't see anything. You have to just key in your password / PIN, then it will bring you to the desktop.

The question is how the heck do I get rid of this thing permanently!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/11070-black-literally-off-screen-related-phantom-monitor.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi there,

I have got a T130 and recently tried to boot via a USB drive - but I did not even get that far - basically since trying to press F12 to access the boot options it wont go passed the initial Toshiba screen.

I have tried turning off, removing battery/AC etc. When pressing F2 it says entering setup but nothing happened - I have also replaced RAM modules.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Satellite T130 - stuck on initial Toshiba (Bios) Screen

Maybe is BIOS screwed up. I mean if you are not able to enter it, it may be BIOS problem.
Have you got it as defective or what?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72807-Satellite-T130-stuck-on-initial-Toshiba-(Bios)-Screen
Relevancy 83.85%

turned computer on and started up to black screen. On this page was computer error options restart from safe mode an so on. whatever mode i try to start it in nothin happens. Then after few seconds double white line appears on bottom of monitor. This fills white but takes time then reboots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-2000-wont-load-pass-black-mode-screen.498951/
Relevancy 83.85%

I need help and suggestions on what to do with this black screen crisis Mine is a little different that others so sorry if this is a repeated thread ive looked everywhere and no one has the issue when 7 Y560 windows in up logo" after Ideapad boot "black Lenovo screen they have dual boot laptop description I have dual boot on my laptop with windows ultimate bit and windows home premium bit the home premium came pre installed on the laptop and the ultimate version i installed later dual boot i needed some capabilities that home premium doesn't have Problem I cannot see anything on my screen after windows logo while booting up my laptop bcz of the black screen after the windows logo When i boot into WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM i hear windows logon screen notification noise but see nothing oddly Lenovo Ideapad Y560 "black screen in boot up after windows 7 logo" enough even my built in webcam logs me in with VeriFace software with my face passwordless ALSO my laptop boots fine with windows ultimate and i can see everything and it works great i need the other version to WORK cause my life is in that other version of windows i cannot factory restore What i have tried the keyboard is also unresponsive bcz i held down a bunch of keys to see if it makes the beep noise I closed the laptop lid to see if it goes into hibernation and waited mins to see if it still does so that when i open it i can see everything it has worked before nothing i rebooted a bunch of times even with a second screen attached tried to guess switch into projector mode with my function key and switch screen projector button i have also done a power cycle i think the registry is screwed or maybe the graphics card drivers are ruined have not done a registry repair through the other windows version doing that next i have defragged both partitions for both of the windows versions through the one that works What may have caused it the last time i used home premium i rebooted so that i can use the ultimate version for the extra capabilities i was not watching and it booted up in home premium and the built in cam is so fast that i merely looked at the laptop and it logged me in i was being unpatient bcz you have to wait for the lenovo programs to load before you can restart so i forced shut down very bad idea by holding the power button and booted up in ultimate finally while watching This is first time i've done this mistake which has now left my laptop half usable now i want to use the home premium version but this black screen is happening after the windows logo

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y560 "black screen in boot up after windows 7 logo"

Sounds like a corrupted file system, so try running chkdsk.

How to run System File Checker (SFC) or chkdsk from the Recovery ConsoleBoot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run SFC or chkdskIf you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above).

Let either run to completion undisturbed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254706-lenovo-ideapad-y560-black-screen-boot-up-after-windows-7-logo.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Yesterday I started having problems with my Windows Professional -bit desktop machine Here's the sequence of events I would now Win7 in "Windows upon to Start" Failed logon, Black Screen result encounter I would start Black Screen upon Win7 logon, now result in "Windows Failed to Start" the computer logon normally and about minutes after I logged on my video would go black monitor lights blinking like there was no signal but the power to the system was still running Each time I rebooted into normal Windows boot the system would result in the same error I tried re-seating all my components to no avail I also tried unhooking one component at a time to no avail I started trying to diagnose the issue Event Viewer logs provided nothing except for some generic error codes which I reviewed on EventID net I found that booting into Safe Mode worked fine I found that doing a Clean Boot would result in the error I found that doing a selective startup with Windows Services only would result in an error I found that booting with Diagnostic Services only would result in an error I tried using a Windows repair disc to repair my install and that didn't work When I tried to do a full re-install over my existing install my computer wouldn't stay on long enough for everything to finish Finally at pm last night the system stayed on with a normal windows boot with all services running with the cd-rom unplugged I don't think this actually had any impact for a few hours before I went to sleep I left the computer on overnight to see if it would last This morning when I woke up at am the computer was again black screen monitor blinking etc Upon rebooting the machine I got the following error message Quote quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair Your Computer quot If you do not have the disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance quot I tried reseating my hard drive and unplugged all the other components and continue to receive the same error message This leads me to believe my Windows installation is corrupted and has been the root of all my problems but don't understand why that would make my screen go black like the video card disconnected Any help would be appreciated

A:Black Screen upon Win7 logon, now result in "Windows Failed to Start"

Since the error did not occur in SafeMode where Win uses a generic low-res 600x800 video driver, but occurred in Clean Boot mode, where your hi-res installed video driver is used, I would guess the problem is a corrupted video/graphics driver. You might try looking for the latest vid driver from the manufacturer website, of your particular machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347518-black-screen-upon-win7-logon-now-result-windows-failed-start.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Windows after quot Starting Windows quot stops with a black screen and mouse cursor I turned on my desktop PC after more than weeks of non use it was in its package box It booted nicely to the desktop but suddenly showed a BSOD and turned off I "Starting stops then & active screen cursor with Windows" black Boot: turned it on again and it showed a message saying Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor the processor is overheated so I turned it off removed the processor to check if there's enough Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor thermal compound Thermal compound was OK but the processor was a bit shaky not well fitted so I replaced the processor correctly and then powered it on It detected the change I made and asked what system settings it should load I chose the default CPU settings in a haste I didn't read that message well unfortunately It showed the error message that Windows wasn't shutdown properly I chose to load Windows normally Chkdsk did a disk check disk passed and it started quot Replacing invalid security ID with default security ID quot It then started booting quot Starting Windows quot and the next screen was just a blank black screen with the mouse cursor It's stopped here for hours I searched for solutions online and tried almost everything I could think of Repair with Windows installer bootrec fixmbr bootrec fixboot marking the disk active etc No success I cannot boot in any mode In an attempt to copy my files off the disk I tried Ubuntu and even installed a new Windows on an unallocated partition on the same disk The disk was not accessible and its original name has change from C to D This is how the disk structure was C contains the new Windows I just installed test D contains my previous Windows which used to be on the C E MB reserved system partition I tried granting admin permissions to the disk in the Security tab it found several errors and the operation did not succeed How can I get my Windows back

A:Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor

Thee first attempt should be a total dismantle and re-seat ... and then follow it:
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302179-boot-starting-windows-then-stops-black-screen-active-cursor.html
Relevancy 83.85%

After browsing through many of the threads here I "WINLOGON.EXE option boot error: - work Black after Bad Screen Image" no - XP have decided to post my own as I am unable to come to any conclusions MSI Pentium GHz x GB HD Maxtor x MD DDR- It won t boot at XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image" all - none of the F boot options work which I have tried several times after recieving the following error Dialog Box Heading WINLOGON EXE - Bad Image Message not exactly c windows WnSxS xxxxxxxxxWindows Common Controlsxxxxxxxxxxxx - bad image I have used the Recovery Console to browse around a bit to see if I can trace what happened find suspisious files looking XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image" at log files etc Nothing All attempts to boot all boot options result in the same situation the regular WinXP load screen appears then it turns black mouse appears and there I sit waiting for the login screen I am still able to move mouse but no other actions have any effect I have had the machine for years and never had any serious issues and I have kept drivers and Xp updated except I haven t installed SP yet Thanks for anything that might help PS Reinstall is not an option yet TROND nbsp

A:XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-black-screen-no-boot-option-work-after-error-winlogon-exe-bad-image.277540/
Relevancy 83.85%

Sat watching SkyGo and the screen freezes I couldn't click anything or restart the computer I powered down and when I turned it on I get a black screen with operating system not found I have read a few threads with support but I am really struggling to follow them A few bit of information that will help though from what I have read I don't have a windows disk it came already installed I have downloaded partition wizard bootable CD as suggested in another thread but not Vaio Black screen- "operating system Sony found" VPCEH I don't know how to boot it up on my broken machine The disk doesn't read I still get the black screen I'm resigned to the fact that I will probably lose all my data and need a new hard drive but I'm willing to try everything and anything before going down that route as I really can't afford to buy anything for a month or so and my laptop is essential to my job Please help and be as condescending and patronising as possible I'm not ashamed to admit I'm way out of my depth here Thanks

A:Black screen- "operating system not found" Sony Vaio VPCEH

Oh and when I f2 it on start up the screen says Hard Disk Drive- None

Has it completely gone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320817-black-screen-operating-system-not-found-sony-vaio-vpceh.html