Windows Support Forum

Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

Q: Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

Hello! I live in a college apartment (so no access to router). When I hook up my ethernet cable to my computer, all of my messengers work and are connected but I cannot use internet browsers. I recently reformatted my computer and was using a wireless adaptor, but here the internet is so slow that there's really no point and for a decent connection you need to be plugged into the wall. The wall connection worked fine until I reformatted.

This happened before when I moved to my first college and had to use the ethernet cable. I've done everything from messing around with internet explorer proxy settings and whatnot, but what did work was something I found in a thread. It instructed me to go somewhere and delete a file that was blocking the internet part, I guess? I deleted this setting/file and the ethernet connection worked just fine afterwards. I can't find this thread (probably not on this website) anymore. Does anyone here know possibly what the file was?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

Check for optional Windows Updates, specifically a network driver. The most common name is Realtek.

And/or try installing this driver. - Software: Drivers & Utilities

If still no go, which computer do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-locating-a-file-to-help-my-ethernet-work-again.200022/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Dell Dimension E310 with a Pentium 4 using using XP and it went blue screen. At first it said I had no hard drive. So I had to reformat it to get XP to come back. When it did, seemed eveerything was ok but then on Device manager I have yellow question marks at ethernet controller, PCI Device, SM Bus Controller, and video controller. Does that mean I have no drivers for the motherboard? I have tried plugging back in and restarting and still no good. How can I get the drivers if I cannot connect to internet?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I'm pretty sure this is the right place to put this, any help is appreciated.

I recently downloaded a tv series but I think that it saved in the wrong location, I think that it saved in my temp internet files. I am able to watch the files using wmp 11 but if i cannot locate the files.

before realising i have deleted the temp files but am still able to watch the files on media player so I am assuming that they are stored on my computer somewhere. Maybe in some a media player temp file location?

I have run a search for avi files and couldn't locate them, including searching for hidden folders and looking in sub-folders.

Anything you can think of?

Thanks in advance.

A:Locating File

usually if they went into the temp files it would have something like astha323f.avi or mpg or wmv.

If you know the size, or even the date you downloaded (modified) then search for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-file.563172/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm not sure if this is the right area in which to ask this but when I was defragging my computer in the report there was a file that was unable to be defragmented and it is in the C\Documents and Settings\susan\Local Settings\Application Data\

but when I look in my computer I get as far as the susan sub-file but there is no Local Settings there.

If I look instead in the Administrator sub-file, the Local Settings is there as well as the Application Data but not the file that I am looking for.

I think that I remember a way to see the hidden files that are in my susan sub-file but I don't remember how to do that.

A:Locating a file

it's a hidden file.

tools/folder options/view...check, show hidden files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-a-file.640188/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys,
My boss is having a problem with the comp. Everytime it starts up, it freezes right before the desktop comes up. The wallpaper shows, but there are no icons so he has to hit control-alt-delete to bring up the task manager, then click file--new task run--then clicks on C: and the icons appear along with an error message that says something about a file missing, which is something like this--- '/idlist, :0: 720, C:\

I've tried to find that file on the web with no luck. He can't find the disk to reinstall the files.

He has Windows 2000 Pro on it and it's used for the business with all the clients names and such on there. If he does eventually find the disk, is it possible to do a repair option without losing anything?

Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

I had to reinstall Vista Home Premium bit on my Dell XPS from my Locating windows.old file original CD The reinstall was successful but I was led to believe the clean reinstall would Locating windows.old file create a file called windows old I've tried to locate that file but after typing C windows old get the message that no such file exists Locating windows.old file I've searched the C drive as best I can but there are so many files I'm not sure how to recognize it if I see it The reason I want to locate the old files is Locating windows.old file to locate some e-mails I failed to backup I successfully backed up my photos and documents but apparently erred in trying to back up the e-mails Three questions Why wouldn't the reinstall create a windows old file The program never prompted me to do anything to insure it was done just that it would be If it is there how can I access it All of the on line help forums say it is simple to just click on the windows old file and copy what is there Is there another method to recover e-mails I stored them on Windows Mail Perhaps a downloadable program I'm still a computer novice so any help is appreciated

A:Locating windows.old file

was the cd a factory restore disk or was it an actual operating system? it will not create a windows.old folder if a factory restore disk.

if it was an os disk - in windows explorer, go to c: drive and there would be a folder called windows.old.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/locating-windows-old-file-621525.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I m driver Locating Solved: file in the midst of setting up a mass deployment of Windows using the available MS tools such as MDT Windows AIK etc The image will be applied to a single Solved: Locating driver file make model of PC - HP Compaq SFF I have everything ready but need to identify locate the actual driver file being used by these PC s for network connectivity This is required because once the Windows PE environment is loaded it s supposed to look to the deployment share on the network for the information and files but it can t do that if the network drivers aren t loaded during the Windows PE boot process I m trying to identify the driver file name so that I can Solved: Locating driver file inject that file into the image that is already created I was looking at a set of instructions for injecting a driver file into an image and it said to locate the INF file for your network driver I can t figure this one out How do I locate the one INF file that s for my Solved: Locating driver file network driver nbsp

A:Solved: Locating driver file

What's the specific model of network card that you need a driver for? Generally, the installation will include the inf file. Do you have a driver disk from a manufacturer?

If you don't know anything about the cards, I recommend using a linux livecd and the 'lspci' command. Linux is far better at Windows at displaying information about connected hardware, especially devices that require obscure drivers. If you need to get the card model number, download and burn the latest Ubuntu install disk and boot it up in live cd mode. Then open up a terminal, type lspci, and hit enter. Look for a line in the output that starts with "Ethernet controller:"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locating-driver-file.1000187/
Relevancy 54.61%

I need some help. I installed Microsoft 10 and now I can't see my file folders from when I had my previous OS (Microsoft 8). Could someone please outline the steps I need to take to get to all my file folders?
Thank you.
Randy Mackend

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4de72505-d2e2-4d87-8e76-fe7a75a1d5eb/locating-my-file-folders-after-installing-microsoft-10?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 54.18%

Newbie here so I apologize if I am not doing something correctly or have date of file Needing the a & help exact locating time posted this under the wrong category fortunately though my question is rather simple I am only hoping that the answer is just as simplistic I am going through a court battle right now and over the past Needing help locating the exact time & date of a file year I have saved numerous files to my hard drive which I am now going Needing help locating the exact time & date of a file back through in trying to put the proper dates that they were made most of them are audio files but there are definitely files from every category and for the most part I am able to get all of the information that I needed just by right clicking on the file scrolling down to quot Properties quot and then selecting the quot Details quot tab Nevertheless for some reason a good - of them show a completely inaccurate date So my question is does anyone know of a failsafe foolproof way of finding the correct date in question and on top of that knowing whether or not that date is actually legitimate whether that be with the use of some outside program a command prompt or Needing help locating the exact time & date of a file some other shortcut I'm all ears Thank you for your time Mike

A:Needing help locating the exact time & date of a file

First off you should not be touching anything with those files. If the lawyers and court asked for a copy of them. Burn them as is to a DVD and hand them over as the evidence they requested. Otherwise the judge can issue a Subpoena to have Leo's come to your house and take anything related to saving data to, including the computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49159-needing-help-locating-exact-time-date-file.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have no idea what happened, when I try to connect the modem directly to the PC, it give me "No Connectivity". But when I connect the modem through the router, it work!

ipconfig/all

Modem connect directly pic
Modem through router pic

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone Well I just recently installed windows xp home edition onto my computer first thing I tried after the installation was to try and hook up my comcast So I plugged in my ethernet cord and turned on Get Work Ethernet Cannot To the computer I went into network connections and it said that my cable was unplugged so I unplugged and plugged back in my cables no dice Then I went into device manager under network adapters I clicked on Cannot Get Ethernet To Work my SiS Cannot Get Ethernet To Work PCI fast ethernet adapter onboard adapter it said its working properly Then I notice under Other devices it says PCI simple communications controller and its not working so I then try to update its driver even though im not sure what it is It says that I need to go online so it can search for drivers automatically so I plug in my modems USB cable and install its hardware then I setup my msn and had internet So I go back to device manager and click on the PCI simple communications controller under other devices then try to update the driver it searches online for awhile then it says cannot find the proper drivers It also gave me the choice of putting in a floppy disc Not knowing what to do I went out and bought a cheap pci ethernet adapter card at compusa I then put it in one of my free pci slots on my motherboard and turned on the computer It didnt say new hardware found or anything so I went to device manager but it didnt say anything under network adapters except the onboard ethernet adapters name So im pretty sure my PCI slots arent working properly and I cant get the ethernet to work on it The only thing I can see thats wrong is in my device manager under other devices it has PCI simple communications controller and theres a by its name I cannot update its driver online help

A:Cannot Get Ethernet To Work

If the PCI simple communications controller should be on a cd that came with your motherboard, or the drivers cd that came with the computer from the computer manufacturer. It should also be on their support site.

How are you connecting the computer to the internet?
Are you plugging the cable/dsl modem into the computer's ethernet connector on its built in nic or do you use a router and a network?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72265/cannot-get-ethernet-to-work/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I'm new to the board. I have a problem with my ethernet connection. Supposedly I'm connected and sending and receiving information through the LAN but I can't access the internet except with wireless. I'm not sure whether this is likely a problem with settings on my computer or with my modem or what. I've tried resetting the modem, but no luck. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appretiate it. Thanks.

A:Ethernet LAN won't work

Need more details about your network setup. Do you have a router connected to your cable modem? Are you saying you have one wireless PC that is able to access the internet and a wired PC that can't? Can the PC's see each other on the LAN?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-lan-wont-work.26412/
Relevancy 46.44%

What s up TSG So a month ago my computer wouldn t connect to my modem via ethernet so I Getting again... ethernet to work my ve been using USB this whole time I tried reinstalling and fixing all kinds of drivers and software My quot Broadcom x integrated controller quot just wouldn t seem to work propperly So I figure it s a hardware problem Keep in mind I know absolutely NOTHING about hardware This is the first time I ve ever opened my PC The PC is a Dell Dimension I opened the case and it looked like everything inside had the Broadcom logo whatever Anyway on the back of the PC there are four rectangular slots on the Getting my ethernet to work again... bottom http reviews cnet com sc - - -back angle- gif I took one of the cards out with dialup ports on them http i tinypic Getting my ethernet to work again... com qnkwht jpg So I m thinking that if I Getting my ethernet to work again... replace the dialup one with one of these http cgi ebay com DELL-YJ -Broa then I can get my PC to connect via ethernet again Suggestions nbsp

A:Getting my ethernet to work again...

Hi are you sure your drivers are installed properly???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-my-ethernet-to-work-again.792907/
Relevancy 46.44%

Sup guys I need some help here having a very odd problem I no won't work, LAN? Ethernet ve just moved into a new apt and I ve setup my computer a wireless router for my other roommates laptop and am running an ethernet cable to my other roommates room Ethernet won't work, no LAN? Here s where it gets strange while his computer is not that old when Ethernet won't work, no LAN? I plug in the cable it is not at all detecting a Ethernet won't work, no LAN? LAN connection I ve checked all the crap gone through network adapters and just about everything and I can t find any LAN connectin or adapter Is it possible the computer doesn t have one The computer isn t that old runs vista maybe three years old yet I can t get the LAN to work Yet I have a comp running Windows ME with a GB hard drive that connects no problem Any ideas Could it not have a LAN connection Very strange in my opinion Node type Hybrid IP routing Enabled No Wins Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media Disconnected Description T Adapter Physical Address - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfig Enabled Yes Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection Media State disconnected Description Terends Tunneling Pseudo Interface DHCP Enabled No Autoconfig Yes Comp is Compaq Presario GB HD MB Ram AMD processor GeForce Apparently is was my roomies parents and now I learn it was from one of those rent to own places All I ve done is connect the ethernet into the wireless router I have it connected to another two computers and to a laptop via wireless Appreciate any advice guys Thanks like always nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Alright, here goes. I bought a Gateway N79 (x64) from Best Buy in May of 2011 and about 6 months ago my Ethernet port just quit working. I am in school right now so I have not had enough time to deal with it. My computer has an icon (light up button) on the top of the keyboard and it will connect but every time I accidentally hit the button it turns off; and I finally just need to fix it! In my device manager there are no exclamation points or anything that detects that there is an error. The Ethernet cord that I have running from my modem is detected by the modem but not the computer. Any help would be appreciated and if more information is needed, I will gladly give it... Thanxxx in advance!

A:Ethernet Port Won't Work, help!

Go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. In the Network Connections is the Local Area Connection has a Red X next to it? If, so, Right click it and Enable it. You can also Right click the Local Area Connection/Properties/Internet Protocol Version 4/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and a a DNS Server address are both check to Automatically.
If this still fails, you may need to install a PCI NIC (Ethernet Card)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ethernet-port-wont-work-help-679260.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hey all Bought a new pc about three months ago and when it was on the net there was an ethernet cable connection between the cable modem and computer i had a nvidia gt pci graph card and wanted better work ethernet wont so i upgraded the card to a gtx and ever since then i can only connect to the net via usb ethernet wont work i ethernet wont work have ethernet wont work tried just about everything to get the connection but it wont connect im sure because some settings ive touched I have read through just about every post trying things but i think i have stuffed it big time it is very frustrating and i am making things alot worse There is three connections in network conections connection local area connection and local area connection with a red cross through it The one i am going through now is five but the ethernet connection is but there is no details in the properties and as i said i have just about tried everything and my patience Im a newbie at computers so any guidence would be great and i would prefer to make a donation than pay for a techie to come to my house i have done a connection diagnosis and this is what came up Internet Service Default Outlook Express Mail mail optusnet com au mail optusnet com au PASSED InBoundMailPort InBoundMailServer mail optusnet com au PASSED Pinging mail optusnet com au with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms InBoundMailType POP Successfully connected to mail optusnet com au port OutBoundMailPort OutBoundMailServer mail optusnet com au PASSED Pinging mail optusnet com au with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms OutBoundMailType SMTP Successfully connected to mail optusnet com au port Default Outlook Express News Not Configured Internet Explorer Web Proxy Not Configured Computer Information Computer System POWER-PC AdminPasswordStatus AutomaticResetBootOption TRUE AutomaticResetCapability TRUE BootROMSupported TRUE BootupState Normal boot Caption POWER-PC ChassisBootupState CreationClassName Win ComputerSystem CurrentTimeZone DaylightInEffect TRUE Description AT AT COMPATIBLE Domain MSHOME DomainRole EnableDaylightSavingsTime TRUE FrontPanelResetStatus InfraredSupported FALSE KeyboardPasswordStatus Manufacturer System manufacturer Model System name Name POWER-PC NetworkServerModeEnabled TRUE NumberOfProcessors PartOfDomain FALSE PauseAfterReset - PowerOnPasswordStatus PowerState PowerSupplyState PrimaryOwnerName Power PC ResetCapability ResetCount - ResetLimit - Roles LM Workstation LM Server NT Potential Browser Master Browser Status OK SystemStartupDelay SystemStartupOptions quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot noexecute optin fastdetect SystemStartupSetting SystemType X -based PC ThermalState TotalPhysicalMemory UserName POWER-PC Jeremy WakeUpType Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional BootDevice Device HarddiskVolume BuildNumber BuildType Uniprocessor Free Caption Microsoft Windows XP Professional CodeSet CountryCode CreationClassName Win OperatingSystem CSCreationClassName Win ComputerSystem CSDVersion Service Pack CSName POWER-PC CurrentTimeZone DataExecutionPrevention BitApplications TRUE DataExecutionPrevention Available TRUE DataExecutionPrevention Drivers TRUE DataExecutionPrevention SupportPolicy Debug FALSE Description the box Distributed FALSE EncryptionLevel ForegroundApplicationBoost FreePhysicalMemory FreeSpaceInPagingFiles FreeVirtualMemory InstallDate AM LargeSystemCache LastBootUpTime PM LocalDateTime PM Locale Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation MaxNumberOfProcesses - MaxProcessMemorySize Name Microsoft Win... Read more

A:ethernet wont work

My Computer Information -

Asus A8N-SLI motherboard

Nvidia gf7800gtx 256mb
ddr3 pci express

Refresh screen
Specifications
System manufacturer
System Model: System name
BIOS Version: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 1001
Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600
Service Pack: 2.0
PID: 76487-OEM-0081084-16047
Hot Fix: KB913446
Memory (RAM)
Capacity: 1 GB
Processor
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+
Version: x86 Family 15 Model 55 Stepping 2
Speed: 2211 MHz
General Computer Info
System Name: POWER-PC
Domain: MSHOME
Time Zone: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Connection: Workstation (standalone)
Proxy Server: Auto
IP Address: 211.30.88.177
IPX Address: Not Enabled
Local Disk
Total Capacity: 151.75 GB
Sum of Hard Disks: (C: D: )
Used: 41.77 GB

Free: 109.98 GB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-wont-work.454848/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I recently got to Cannot RESOLVED get work ethernet a replacement motherboard and rebuilt my computer everything is working fine besides the fact that windows xp cannot load new drivers when i booted up i realized my built in ethernet controller was not working so i popped in the disk to install the drivers went thru the RESOLVED Cannot get ethernet to work process rebooted Still the same issue it is not even recognizing the drivers i have tried RESOLVED Cannot get ethernet to work multiple things any ideas would be greatly appreciated I have tried using two different PCI ethernet cards aswell as a usb wireless adapter all coming up with the same issue quot windows cannot load the RESOLVED Cannot get ethernet to work driver for this device quot I called asus tech support and they reccomend that I start from scratch and reinstall windows I want to avoid that route at all costs The motherboard is an Asus P P and the built in ethernet controller is a Marvell Gigabit E I've tried installing the drivers manually and with the installer nothing seems to be working Thank you for your help Jared

A:RESOLVED Cannot get ethernet to work

Hi,

Check in BIOS to ensure that the Ethernet port is enabled.

Some Motherboards & BIOS versions have this feature.

hth

Ceri

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-cannot-get-ethernet-to-work-136253.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, i use a toshiba satellite laptop here are my specs.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df
My problem is that my laptop only works when there is an ethernet cord plugged into it. my network icon looks like this
https://gyazo.com/d77496c5b25dd4e1f050b293bca1c26e
all that show up for drivers are this
https://gyazo.com/e060484754c8af99107a359022127b34
i dont know why wifi does not work on this laptop... its basically a pc then -_-

also heres what i find under network in device manager |

https://gyazo.com/d778175446f08b6d756676401a92a794

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIX MY LAPTOP, NO WIFI IS KILLING ME, BTW ALL MY OTHER DEVICES WORK PERFECTLY FINE ON THE WIFI, MY MODEM IS A HOME HUB 2000 AND MY PROVIDER IS BELL

A:Wifi won't work ONLY ETHERNET!!??!?!?

If you need anymore info please tell me and ill post screen shots of it asap

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wont-work-only-ethernet.1155997/
Relevancy 46.01%

hello,I have dell optiplex 740.My Ethernet connect worked well until recently i installed a video card..i have tried re installing my windows from windows xp to windows 8 am still not getting no internet. when i try connecting that same Ethernet cable into me laptop i get internet but on the desktop i dont. when it plug it into the desktop the lights comes on...when i go into device management i can see network adapter but there is only a TAP-*** adapter (tunngle) but no Ethernet adapter.. can i please get some help

Relevancy 46.01%

Well i just reformatted my computer. now that ive reinstalled everything when i try to plug in my Ethernet into the computer the network connections wont even recognize it. by the way im running xp.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello.

I reinstalled WIN XP Home today, but my internet won't work. It's a Via Compatable Ethernet Adapter. It says it's connected, but nothing works (IE, software updates). I've checked device manager and it says it's fine. Ethernet is also enabled in BIOS. I thought it might be the ISP or router itself, but here I am using it on my PS3. Please help. I haven't a clue what else to do!! Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Ethernet won't work on PC!

Supply, the following information please.

OS running on all affected systems
Make\models of all equipment (routers, network cards, modems).
Wired or wireless?
What wireless encryption is in use?
Browsers being used (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera,...)

Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd)
Type the following bolded commands and post the results for each affected machine.

ipconfig /all
ping www.google.com
ping 74.125.53.99

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-ethernet-wont-work-on-pc-379852.html
Relevancy 46.01%

so basically my router had been turned on,and it worked fine until a few days ago when it just dropped out from connectivity,ll the lights were correct on the router,but none of them flashed,i tried to connet it to my laptop,but the network wasnt on there,what do i do? any helps is appreciated

Sam

Relevancy 46.01%

I have used Verizon DSL with no probs for 4 years using a ethernet cord. Recently, it stopped working and I connected via a USB cord and it worked fine. I am currently connected to interent via USB as a result. When I go start > right click on 'my computer' > properties > hardware > device manager > there is a yellow question mark next to Other devices > PCI device. I went to Dell support to update my conexant v.9 VF 56k modem drivers but this didn't seem to help. Should I ignore it and enjoy the internet via USB or should I try to re establish what happened to my ethernet cord? Should I reinstall my NIC card? thanks for any and all help

A:Why does my DSL modem work with USB and not ethernet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltflyz

I have used Verizon DSL with no probs for 4 years using a ethernet cord. Recently, it stopped working and I connected via a USB cord and it worked fine. I am currently connected to interent via USB as a result. When I go start > right click on 'my computer' > properties > hardware > device manager > there is a yellow question mark next to Other devices > PCI device. I went to Dell support to update my conexant v.9 VF 56k modem drivers but this didn't seem to help. Should I ignore it and enjoy the internet via USB or should I try to re establish what happened to my ethernet cord? Should I reinstall my NIC card? thanks for any and all help

Reinstalling the dialup modem wouldn't make a difference in this case, I would recommend downloading the latest NIC drivers and see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-does-my-dsl-modem-work-with-usb-and-not-ethernet-108613.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi I don t ethernet make my work can't succeed to make my ethernet connection work I m submitting as much information I can the ethernet controller is included in the mother board which is an ASUS A V X but i m having problems finding the right drivers and figuring out if I am doing the right things I ve attached some photos of my BIOS configuration as well I went in Advanced Tab and looked for PCI Configuration On Board LanBoot ROM i ve enable something can't make my ethernet work that looked like that but still nothing the details of my BIOS BIOS Manufactured Award Software Inc BIOS Date BIOS Version ASUS A V X ACPI BIOS Revision BIOS Size KB Manufactured Advanced Micro Devices Name Athlon XP CodeName Palomino m Frequency MHz L cache KB L cache KB Socket SOCKET A I found those websites from were I ve downloaded some drivers but at the end I always have the yellow question mark in my ethernet controller driver as u can see http downloads guru d com download php det http www gold-software com UnknownDeviceIdentifier-review htm http files filefront com VIA PCI Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter V fileinfo html http www tweakguides com Hyperions html help thanks nbsp

A:can't make my ethernet work

Why not use the asus drivers?

A7V8X - http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A7V8X

Or the direct download link here - http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/lan/broadcom/4401/4401_653.zip

BTW you have a Broadcom gigabit controller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-make-my-ethernet-work.472071/
Relevancy 45.15%

Every single time I restart my computer since I upgraded to Windows 10 the Ethernet stops working. I go through the trouble shooting and the same issue always come up- ?Ethernet Doesn?t Have A Valid IP Configuration?

In order for me to make my ethernet to work I must shut down my PC and fully power cyle my router then turn my PC back on. However, if I need to restart my PC for some reason the ethernet stops working once again and I must go through the same process.

Does anyone know a fix for this? It is extremely annoying and only has hallened since I installed Windows 10.

A:Windows 10 Ethernet Doesn't Work

You may find some useful information in this tutorial from Tom's Hardware. The article is for W8.1 but similar steps can be followed in W10.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id...n-windows.html

Viz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-ethernet-doesnt-work-1026794.html
Relevancy 45.15%

but i have no problems with usb cable.
network adaptors in device manager is all working ok.says this device is working properly.
have made sure lan is switched on in bios.

have rung my isp and they said it was an incorrect isp coming back(indian call centre) he told me to ring there 1 a min hepline! thought i would try you guys first.

to there credit they have offered to send me a new modem which is on its way now.
i currently using a motorola surfboard sb5100

any help much appreciated

cheers

A:ethernet wont work on modem....

Did you power down the modem for 30 seconds or more when you changed from the USB to the Ethernet? That's a REQUIRED step.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-wont-work-on-modem.723026/
Relevancy 45.15%

I don't know what's going on.

I can use my Kingston PCI Ethernet card, OR my SoundBlaster Live! Value card, but when I have them both installed, Windows XP only recognizes one of them - usually the Ethernet card. Is there a certain order I'm supposed to have the cards in? I have an EP-8K7A+ board, an ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon AGP card, and just these two PCI cards (plus a modem).

I've tried seemingly every possible combination, and I can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

A:Can't get SoundBlaster Live! Value & Ethernet to work together in XP

If you go to Device Manager within the Contol Panel what are the status and conflicts reported?

Try assign the sound card to IRQ 5 and the NIC to 9 or 11.

Also if you cannot get both to work if you disable one using Device Manager does the other device work?

Let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-soundblaster-live-value-ethernet-to-work-together-in-xp.64335/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi. I removed the Ethernet cord on my computer while it was still on( I have Vista) and i plugged it back in a while ago, and it didn't sense any Internet connection. The wireless on the laptops and the Ethernet on my other desktop is working fine, but just one computer isn't connected to the Internet. My friend who fixes computers had me open up command prompt and"ping" stuff, and it said that the connection was fine, but my browser and Songbird can't open any web pages. Ever since the Internet has been off on the computer, it's been freezing up like crazy.
Do you think i have a virus? Or is it the Ethernet port that's damaged? Help!

A:Took off ethernet, re-inserted, and now it doesn't work.

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/888555-removed-ethernet-cord-now-internet.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/took-off-ethernet-re-inserted-and-now-it-doesnt-work.888560/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Netcomm NB5 and tried connecting via USB, but Windows did not detect it. I have Windows XP MCE 05 and I tried closing down computer and reconnecting and restarting, connecting to a different USB port, but to no avail.

I tried using ethernet, but it says it has "Limited or No Connectivity" and I tried going into the configuration window, but it cannot detect and the installation CD setup cannot detect the modem.

All cords are connected, including phones and power socket.

Please help.
Thanks.

A:Netcomm NB5 USB/Ethernet Doesn't work

I have the same device, this happened to me as well when I first connected it up, I rang my isp, they soon set me right. give yours a try.

NB5 USB drivers
If you have recently purchased and installed an NB5 ADSL2+ modem/router and could not locate the USB drivers on the CD, please download and use the following drivers.

If the serial number for your unit begins as 0405xxxxxx, please download the appropriate USB drivers (version 5.2.3667.0) at the following link on the netcomm downloads page:- http://www.netcomm.com.au/Support/downloads.php?Category=ADSL&Products=NB5

Note:- The following USB drivers should only be used if the serial numbers for your NB5 ADSL 2+ modem/router is shown as 12h062xxxxxxx (you can locate the serial number at the base of the unit).

2.12.14. Need to 'Port Forward' on your NetComm Modem?
Problem/Symptom: Need to forward ports in your NetComm Modem but not sure how to? If you know the ports you need to forward within your modem simply choose your modem from our video tutorials located at: http://www.netcomm.com.au/Support/video_installation_tutorials.php

Additional Information: Alternatively if you do not know the ports that you wish to forward, we have found an extremely good website located at http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm which will show you (with screen-shots) how to forward 3rd party apps and servers within NetComm's modem's. Simply choose your model, app or server and then your local IP and it will guide you through the process of configuring the modem. Our thanks go to the guys and girls at Portforward.com for this site.

Copyright (c) 2006 NetComm Limited

2.12.15. No line Sync issue (Phone line and adapter)
If the NB5 does not achieve a line sync. (ADSL Link isn't lit or continues flashing) make sure you have not installed the line filter on the ADSL line.

If it continues, it is possibly due to a faulty phone line and adapter that we discovered.

Please call our support line on (Syd) 02 9424 2000 (other) 1300 365 793

2.12.16. Port forwarding only supports 20 rules
This applies to all NB5 series.

When creating a port forward rule, you are only allowed 20 entries. Each rule made, can support a range of ports.

It's unlikely a firmware will be released as this is the design of the product rather than a fault.

2.12.17. PPPoA status icon remains red when connected
When connecting with PPPoA, the status icon does not change to 'green' when connection is established. A firmware will be released to over come this minor bug.

In the mean time, the PPP LED on the front of the NB5 will light when connected.

2.12.18. QoS feature controls only the upstream traffic
The QoS feature in this product is only in control of the upstream traffic.

Continuous use of maximum downstream traffic may reduce call quality.

2.12.19. QoS settings for VoIP
For procedures on how to setup QoS on the NB5 series , please download and follow the attachment below.
2.12.20. Setting up Remote Admin
For procedures on how to setup Remote Admin on the NB5 series , please download and follow the attachment below.
2.12.21. Telnet Username and Password
The Telnet username and password for the NB5 series is:

Username: root

Password: admin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netcomm-nb5-usb-ethernet-doesnt-work.493468/
Relevancy 45.15%

i just got xbox live and i have high speed internet service. i bought a dlink so i wouldn't have to unplug the connection to the pc just to play xbox live. xbox connect site doesn't help. and dlink site won't help. can anyone help?
my modem connectes to my pc by usb. when connected by ethernet cable, it doesn't work! called isp and they suck. called dlink and they say problem with getting my ethernet card to work. need to re-install it[the ethernet card] or just the driver for it.
now i am stuck. help please. ive been stuck here for two months!

A:need help w/ making my ethernet card work

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=327305

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-w-making-my-ethernet-card-work.327304/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey,
I have an Aspire One netbook that I use that connects with ethernet lan at home no problem. At work it still says it's connected "excellent" but I get no internet service.

The only difference this amateur has noticed is that an "Internet Gateway" icon opens at home, that doesn't here (in Network Connections).

All my friends use hte net on their laptops just fine. is there anything I can check? Any way to know if my computer is blocking the connection?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 45.15%

Today my ethernet stopped working. My laptop recognizes when I connect the cable, but internet does not work. Wifi works perfectly though.

A:Ethernet Recognized, But Doesn't Work

do a tcp/ip reset -see below
can we see an ipconfig /all please - see below

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log and press enter

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-recognized-but-doesnt-work.1077739/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

After a Windows 7 reinstall, my ethernet controllers won't work anymore. Device manager says it's not installed correctly and needs a driver, but I never had to do this before on any other PC's. They're all plug and play ethernet controllers. I already tried removing the device from device manager and restarting, but it gives the same issue. I also looked for drivers but can't find anything. Would be much appreciated if anyone could help me with this issue!

The ethernet controllers I tried:
Netgear XAV2001
Sitecom LN-505
MSI Mega Power 1000HD

A:Ethernet controller won't work after reinstall

Whenever you do a Windows install you should always install the drivers for all the hardware in the computer to either make it work or to improve it performance or add features. Windows does have some basic drivers for some hardware but not all.

FYI, Plug and Play doesn't mean they don't need drivers.

You need to tell us what hardware or what computer you have. When you joined you missed the stop to complete your computer profile/specs. Please do that now using the System Information Utility: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-controller-wont-work-after-reinstall.1093260/
Relevancy 45.15%

Exactly which downloads do I need to get the Ethernet port running again. Running win-xp, can still connect using a westell modem. Tried to connect new Motorola 2247-n8 modem/router but fails to recognize the connection thru the Ethernet. Westell connects via USB port. Last wk. Tried to connect netgear router & Computer failed to find router upon setup. So the Ethernet port is dead. I just need a gen description ie chipset download or some way to do the right DL.
Hope ya can help.
Rock an dismiss

Relevancy 45.15%

I've been having some problems with my ethernet for the past few days. The computers hooked up to wireless routers are fine, so it's not a problem within the computer. However, when I hook up an ethernet cable to the modem, there's a "limited to no connectivity" message on my computer, and when i click to repair it mentions something about the IP adress. My Xbox 360, which is also dependent with the ethernet cable, says basically the same thing when i run tests on that. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

My wifi recently stopped working on my laptop and I'm not sure why. The internet only works if it's connected to an Ethernet cable. What can I do to fix this?

I recently restored my laptop to it's original factory system and that's when the wifi stopped working completely. Also, it's not a home problem because the wifi doesn't work anywhere.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2467M CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4041 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1796 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 99138 MB, Free - 63884 MB; D: Total - 18566 MB, Free - 1924 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 17F8
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:Internet doesn't work without ethernet

Go to Control Panel - Device Manager.

Expand the Network Adapters heading.

What are the exact names listed in that heading?

--------------------------------------------------------

Are there any entries in the Device Manager that have a yellow ? or yellow ! or red X next to them.

If there is, advise what their exact names are.

What's the model name and complete model number of that HP laptop?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-work-without-ethernet.1099687/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a modem router combination unit and a seperate router for my computers The second router is connected by ethernet ports in the wall that connect together The second router is connected to the modem router through the LAN on the modem router and is plugged to the WAN port on the second router But since the modem router would have to use two ethernet cables connected to two ports on the wall otherwise ethernet splitter do How cables 2 work 1 in the ISP somehow got a in ethernet cable so that only one port is used on the wall for both the WAN for the modem router and the connection to the second router My questions are the following How is it possible to send two different signals through one cable without an adapter At least I dont think there is one because it is literally How do 2 in 1 ethernet splitter cables work a cable that splits into two with no box for the adapter How is it possible for one port to be used as both WAN and LAN when there is most likely no second internal apartment modem most likely because normally a second one would not be needed Will this affect speeds on the second router and the modem router

A:How do 2 in 1 ethernet splitter cables work

A simplified explanation: There are 8 wires, 4 twisted pairs, in an Ethernet cable but usually only 4 wires, 2 twisted pairs, used. The 'splitters' I've looked at used the extra 2 pair with two units, one at each end of the cable to divert the normal signal onto those unused wires then move the signal back to the socket/plug for use.

LAN is the Local Area Network, in a home it usually consists of the computer with adapter, the Ethernet cable and the Router or Router/Modem combo. The WLAN is Wireless Local Area Network or Wi-Fi [Wireless Fidelity] and consists of the computer with adapter and the Wireless part of a Router. The WAN, Wide Area Network, is anything beyond the Router/Modem which would include the Internet and could also include other Networks such as used in businesses between other parts of the companies, other locations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/341736-how-do-2-1-ethernet-splitter-cables-work.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Most days i power on my pc and both ethernet and wifi have that not responding yellow triangle beside them If see this then usually it wont work for time? Ethernet WiFi most and don't the of work the rest of the day and may or may not work the next day There have been times when neither ethernet or wifi would work for a full week and im stuck using my phone hotspot When i use troubleshoot its says quot One or more Ethernet and WiFi don't work most of the time? network protocols are missing on this computer quot this is on windows When i was previously on windows the error would be quot Your computer appears to be correctly configured Ethernet and WiFi don't work most of the time? but the device or resource microsoft com is not responding quot The WiFi works on everything else in my house so I guess it's a problem with my PC It has been like this for quite a while now and i have no idea how to fix it so any help would be appreciated Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/74970-ethernet-wifi-dont-work-most-time.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,
2 days ago I began experiencing an issue with my ethernet connection. A computer(ethernet cable) and a laptop(wireless) connected off the modem-router had no issues. After my computer restarted, and I restarted my modem-router, my Realtek PCEi GBE Family Controller network adapter seems to not be able to find my cable(no ethernet cable is plugged in).
I have looked online, read many forums and have taken the following steps:
Updated Realtek drivers
Reset CMOS to factory settings
Tried multiple ethernet cables
Tested ethernet cables in other computers to verify it was working
None of these have given me any insight into fixing this issue.
I have an Alienware Aurora R4 PC, and am running off of a Comcast modem+router machine.
Thanks.

A:No ethernet cables work - they do on laptop

Not sure what you mean by not able to find your cable (no ethernet cable is plugged in). Do you mean the router can't connect to Comcast? If no Ethernet cable is attached, nothing would be able to connect anyway. I assume you mean your computer isn't getting an Internet connection, even though it is connected to the router.

In the search bar on the computer, type Device Manager. Is there a yellow warning icon or red X on the adapter list under Network Adapters? It is possible the network interface hardware itself has gone bad.
If you can, try adding a new NIC card and see if you can connect through the new Ethernet port. Or, if you can, try connecting the computer using a WiFi connection. If either solution works, the original network interface card is bad.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540975/no-ethernet-cables-work-they-do-on-laptop/
Relevancy 45.15%

I downloaded the driver quot Lan Pro-Nets XPx quot which is supposed to be for the ethernet controller but it doesn t work The readme file says this IC Plus IP Family Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Windows NDIS driver Contents --------- File Description Driver Installation for Windows XP Parameters Description File Description-------------------Filename Description README TXT Presents a summary of the contents for Windows NDIS driver installation NETIPGD INF Windows installation INFormation file for installIPGDND SYS Windows work Ethernet Controller Driver won't XP NDIS driver Driver Installation for Windows XP------------------------------------------------ The Windows installation floppy or CD is needed to complete this installation Adapter Installation Procedure -------------------------------------------- a Make sure your computer is power-off b Plug the adapter into one PCI MHz slot of your computer c Turn on the power Ethernet Controller Driver won't work Install and or Update driver from diskette ------------------------------------------ The following steps can help you install or update the driver to the one in the Adapter Drivers Diskette CD-ROM a Open Control Panel double click quot System quot icon to open System Properties b In the quot Hardware quot sheet you can see the quot Device Manager quot button Click to open Device Manager c Use the tool bar to make sure you quot View quot quot Devices by type quot Then you will able to find Ethernet Controller in quot Network Adapters quot group Double click it to open its property d In the quot Driver quot sheet of the adapter s properties there is a button named quot Update Driver quot Click it the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard will show up to help updating the driver The following steps will lead you through the wizard a The first page is the welcome messages click quot Next quot to continue b Select quot Display a list of the known drivers of this device so that I can choose a specific driver quot and click quot Next quot c Click quot Have Disk quot d Specify the path A assume A is floppy drive D assume D is CD drive e Choose the driver IC Plus IP Family Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Click quot Next quot to continue f The wizard will be warning you as the driver without digital signatured if its cat file not present Click quot Continue quot to continue g The wizard will copy and load the driver then you will see quot Finish quot button Click it and it s done Parameter Description------------------------ - Open Device Manager in quot My Computer quot - gt quot Control Pannel quot - gt quot System quot Select quot Hardware quot and click quot Device Manager quot Double click quot IC Plus IP Family Gigabit Ethernet Adapter quot Select quot Advanced quot item Q P VLAN You can enable it for VLAN group tagging Default Disabled VLAN ID This value will active after Q P VLAN tagging is enabled Default Connection Type Specify the connection type for the adapter Default Auto-Sense Flow Control Enabled Disabled for Transmit Receive Flow Control Default Enabled Network Address Set the Ethernet address for your adapter It is not recommended to use this Default read address from adapter ROM Receive Buffers Set the number of Receive Buffers Descriptors Default Transmit BUffers Set the number of Transmit Buffers Descriptors Default Checksum Set enable to perform TCP IP UDP Checksum Offloading Offloading Default Enabled Jumbo Frame You can enable this for Jumbo frame support Support Default Disabled If enaled jumbo frame length ranges from to The device or link partner should also support Jumbo frame for this function to take effect Wake On LAN Enabled Disabled Wake up from Lan LinkSpeed Default MBits I have followed the instructions although I m using a USB drive because I don t have a floppy drive if I click on quot Update Driver quot then click the advance option so I can navigate to the location where he driver is even tried with the driver on the desktop and does the same click on ne... Read more

A:Ethernet Controller Driver won't work

Well after days of searching I finally found out the manufacturer of the ethernet controller, it is an Intel® and some numbers, and I went to the INTEL website and got the appropiate driver and installed it and hooray I have the ethernet working and the net.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266767/ethernet-controller-driver-wont-work/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am trying to bridge my ethernet connection so that I can connect a computer to my laptops ethernet port and have internet on that computer. When I try to bridge the connection the computer shows its connected but it says that it doesn't have internet. I did it once and it worked, so I think that I am doing it wrong.  How do I bridge the ethernet connection properly?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ethernet-Bridge-wont-work/td-p/5741003
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a desktop PC and a laptop both connected to a Cisco WRT320N router and both running Windows 7 Home Premium. They are both in the same Homegroup and if they are both connected to the router by Ethernet cable then all the SHARES function correctly.
I get a problem if I connect the laptop wirelessly to the router, then I get the message "Windows cannot access \\computername\sharename". I have tried a different type of router but the result is the same. Is there some setting I need to alter to make the shares function through a wireless connection?

A:Shares work over ethernet but not wirelessly

Quote: Originally Posted by sads45

I have a desktop PC and a laptop both connected to a Cisco WRT320N router and both running Windows 7 Home Premium. They are both in the same Homegroup and if they are both connected to the router by Ethernet cable then all the SHARES function correctly.
I get a problem if I connect the laptop wirelessly to the router, then I get the message "Windows cannot access \\computername\sharename". I have tried a different type of router but the result is the same. Is there some setting I need to alter to make the shares function through a wireless connection?

Are both the desktop and laptop win 7? You may want to try a new netwrok connection using workgroup instead of homegroup. Homegroup on sime systems has connectivity issues.
To test simply make a new network connection using workgroup instead. If it fixes the problem you can disable IPv6, and kill homegroup

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90052-shares-work-over-ethernet-but-not-wirelessly.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just ran an ethernet cable from my router, in my office, all the way upstairs across the house to my bedroom to hook up to my ps3. I finally crimped the ends and went to test it and it doesn't work. I made sure that the wires went into the connectors correctly. I cant figure out what is wrong! Any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 45.15%

Howdy I just bought a new PC and so far I m very satisfied won't work card properly Ethernet except that my network interface card a D-Link DFE- TX R doesn t work Every time I install Windows XP Pro and I Ethernet card won't work properly ve tried at least times the card installs itself as it should but when I go to System and all that there s a quot quot next to Network Adapters And when I right-click on the card which is called RealTech something something for some reason at first I thought it was because it was the wrong driver but the guy at the store said it was what it was supposed to be and click on quot Properties quot there s an error message Code or Code I think saying quot Too much of your system s resources are being used quot or something like that Sorry I can t give you the exact message but I had to unplug my new PC to use this one to write this post So I brought my PC back to the place I bought it and after checking things for almost an hour and trying three different network cards the technician finally concluded the problem was with Windows XP He also said his PC had the same card and it worked fine I don t know what makes him say that but he says I have more than twenty ethernet cards installed on my computer I only see one when I click on Network Adapters shrug Anyway after I got back to my house I tried installing the drivers from the disk that came with the card first I tried doing it automatically but it wouldn t work so I did it manually and couldn t find any drivers for Windows XP so I installed the Windows ones and they had the card s name D-Link DFE- TX R too and it worked perfectly I uninstalled the Realtech drivers and the quot quot was gone But the next time I rebooted my PC the Realtech driver was back as was the quot quot Anyway as you can probably see I m very confused I know the problem isn t my cable modem since I m using it right now to send this message using my old PC and the guy from the computer store says it s not my PC either so I guess it really is Windows XP I got my copy from a friend who works at a university in my city he swears to me it s not a pirated copy and that they got a license from Microsoft I don t know if he s telling he truth but I guess that s what Windows XP Pro is for Well I hope you guys can help me because no one else can Here are my new PC s specs AMD Athlon XP GB IMB Deskstar GXP RPM MSI MS- GeForce IV Ti MB MSI KT -Ultra mhz motherboard DVD x Sony Soundblaster Live MB DDR mhz D-Link TX R Webstar cable modem OS Windows XP Pro nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi! I have a problem. I have wifi connection on my laptop but it doesn`t work now. I need to plug ethernet cable in my laptop in order to have an internet. And wifi lost all known networks. Can you help me?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does-4597111/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey would just like to say hello to everyone as this is ethernet not work wireless Internet will or using my first post here im a new guy Hopefully you guys can help resolve a problem thats been racking my brain for over days A few days ago i was happily working away in Fruity Loops im a producer and suddenly i wasnt Internet will not work using ethernet or wireless allowed into my folders then shortly after i lost the use of my usb keyboard and usb mouse As a course of action i shut down my system disconnected my internet disconnectted my mouse and keyboard and borrow a friends mouse and keyboard to go straight into the motherboard ports and booted up widnows again as soon as it started i put on multiple virus and spyware scans and got rid of anything that looked suspicious rebooted and i had Internet will not work using ethernet or wireless access to my folders again i got onto another pc the one im on now and downloaded the driver for m y usb mouse and set the HID in services back to automatic thus giving me back my mouse and keyboard but My internet will not connect in my netowrk connections the ethernet is shown to be connected but it will not initialize the start up process of the internet connection nor will the ethernet register as being present in the Virgin Media Broadband software when it asks to connect the ethernet or wireless adapter After a while i decided to try and get the wireless going on my machine so i could access the internet voia that thus proving my initial theory that my on board ethernet was faulty the wireless behaved in the same manner only this time when i tried the virgin media software it worked and recognised the dongle was present i then put in my pass and it would say not connected so it would gain connection to the wireless router but not the internet so its the same overall conclusion as the ethernet Router - NETGEAR Wireless G Router WGR v Modem - Virgin Media Tradename Ambit E C Ethernet - ABIT KV- REV Onboard VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter Wireless Dongle - LM Technologies g Wireless G USB Network Adapter Any suggestions nbsp

A:Internet will not work using ethernet or wireless

Reset/Reload your router settings, connect to it using wireless (no key), release and renew DHCP on WAN port and see if you can get online.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-will-not-work-using-ethernet-or-wireless.872803/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently had some problems with my on board ethernet where it was locking up my entire system This was eventually pinned down and I put an SMC PCI Ethernet Card into my machine which fixed the problem However I ve had a different problem ever since Whenever I boot or reboot my computer the Ethernet connection doesn t work for a good one to two minutes after start up No amount of attempting to disable re-enable the connection or using that Windows Repair My connection thing will fix this and I just have to wait Windows says it is connected but it doesn t work and then after a mintue or so it says Doesn't After Ethernet Work Startup the connection is disconncted then it reconnects within a second or two and then will it work After this the connection is perfectly stable until the next time I start Windows Also I don t have this problem on my brother s computer which Ethernet Doesn't Work After Startup connects to the same -port router Are there any Windows software settings I can try changing before I try swapping it out for another Ethernet card Most of this probably isn t relevant but I ll list it all anyway AMD Athlon XP GB DDR Radeon Pro AGP MB Windows XP Home Mentor -Port ADSL Router nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-doesnt-work-after-startup.380872/
Relevancy 45.15%

ok, so i installed my new BT Voyager 2000 router this morning and it connects to the internet fine.

my laptop is connected to the router by wireless connection and works on the internet with no hassle whatsoever.

but my desktop pc is connected to the router by ethernet cable, and it communicates with other PCs on the network and with the router with no problems, but will not connect to the internet.

any ideas?

thanks

A:BT Voyager 2000 won't work on Ethernet

What is the IP configuration on the PC? Namely the gateway and DNS server settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bt-voyager-2000-wont-work-on-ethernet.33234/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Acer Aspire 5920G with a spoilt ethernet port. I find wireless too unstable ... so I want to use ethernet. I cant find a USB Ethernet Adapter in most hardwarestores in my country but I found Apple USB Ethernet Adapter but will it work on a Non Mac?

A:Will Apple USB Ethernet Adapter Work on a Non Mac?

Quote: Originally Posted by jiewmeng

I have a Acer Aspire 5920G with a spoilt ethernet port. I find wireless too unstable ... so I want to use ethernet. I cant find a USB Ethernet Adapter in most hardwarestores in my country but I found Apple USB Ethernet Adapter but will it work on a Non Mac?

USB is USB but if you can find an apple find a PC its cheaper and more compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/161835-will-apple-usb-ethernet-adapter-work-non-mac.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Just the other day, TWC came and replaced a defective router for us, kind folks that they are, with a router that actually works.

Computer Details: HP Pavillion 500-164 Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Ethernet Adaptor: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
Driver Version: 2.1.0.16

My PC was plugged into the old router with CAT5E when he replaced it. The computer was booted up and on (if that makes a difference). The computer detects the connections, but it never identifies, therefore no internet. My dad is able to plug in with the same cable in the same port on the modem and get a connection.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57073-ethernet-wont-work-after-twc-replaces-router.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have ethernet issues with my Thunderbolt 3 dock 150W and my Zbook 15G3, running on windows 7 / 64 bit. I had many issues before with the system after a BIOS update (slow performance, usb poorts that would't work, windows that would not download updates, ect.). I read many postst with similar problems. The hardware was exchanged by HP but the problems remained and I was left alone to install the BIOS and updates. Thank you HP!After a long period of fiddeling I got everything back to work. Exept for the ethernet connection on the thunderbolt dock. Somehow the drivers are not inatlled / available. The ethernet connection / WLAN on the laptop work fine, but not on the dock. I don't know where to find the right drivers / how to install them. Who can help? 

A:Ethernet on thunderbolt dock won't work

I have the Zbook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation using the Zbook Thunderbolt 3 dock: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zbook-dock.html I am sending this on the Zbook connected to the dock using its gigabit ethernet port. HP Support Assistant provided all the drivers needed for the dock. Here is the screenshot of my device manager:    What does your device manager look like under network devices? The Intel ethernet is the built in and the Broadcom NetXtreme is the ethernet in the dock. HP has drivers for both on the support page for Windows 10 64 bit under the Zbook G3 Home page.  I did have a bit of a struggle initially getting the dock to work but I went into the BIOS and disabled all Thunderbolt security settings. If you need any more help post back. If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ethernet-on-thunderbolt-dock-won-t-work/td-p/5768330
Relevancy 45.15%

My desktop computer connects to my internet just fine via Ethernet cable but neither my iPhone nor laptop can connect to the WiFi. They were both connected just fine last night but today they will not work wirelessly. My laptop also connects perfectly when I use an Ethernet cable

A:Ethernet cables work but not wireless

Try setting your Router back to factory default.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2110924_reset-back-factory-default-settings.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cables-work-but-not-wireless.1058520/
Relevancy 45.15%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I've had this problem a month ago but I fixed it by doing system restore. After the update, my ethernet port won't work (orange light won't come on but green does) for my Xbox 360. So I did a system restore and it was fixed. Now it came back yesterday, but I restored again to the day before and voila, it's back. It's demanding me to restart after every 5 minutes...Now I know if I do this my ethernet port is not going to function.

Now, I don't want to just stop the pop up from coming until next restart or forever, I already know how to do that. I want the update NOT to happen forever, but still want all other updates...

Any way to fix this?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi. I have an Asus Z84J laptop, with the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet Controller. This is what's interesting: I tri-boot XP, Vista, and Ubuntu, and at work, I can surf over the Ethernet connection from DSL in each of these three OSs. However, at home, through the same type of connection from the same router, I can only connect and surf in XP and Ubuntu. I have Vista Home Premium SP1. How come all three of my OSs successfully connect me at work, but only Vista doesn't at home, with the same routers no less. Any help is appreciated, and I thank you for your time.

A:Interesting difference in DSL Ethernet: home and work

If you have a 3rd party firewall (security suite) on Vista what is it and how is it configured?

Please show for Vista and for XP ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interesting-difference-in-dsl-ethernet-home-and-work.738011/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recently invested in a new PCI sound card to enable 5.1 surround sound. One problem, after restarting my PC after installing the drivers my onboard Ethernet adapter no longer works. In device manager it has an orange warning triangle on and on the task bar a red 'x'. When I look at the properties it says (Error Code 10)

Please help! I don't want to have to send it back!

A:OnBoard Ethernet and PCI sound Card don't work together

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Check in the BIOS to see if the Network Card is enabled ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/357536-onboard-ethernet-pci-sound-card-dont-work-together.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi i have an asus p5k ip35 socket 775 motherboard and am running xp. the built in ethernet controller does not work and i think i need a driver, can someone send me a link, cant connect to net, need to download driver on another pc - thanks in advance

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I recently bought a Asus WL- ge storage router It s got a built in hard work plugged when not internet is Wireless Ethernet will in drive and that s all I m using it for the storage I already have a wireless network setup in my home which my XP PC connects happily to The problem is when I connect my new Asus box via Ethernet to my PC web pages stop loading I don t loose the connection and windows say s both Wireless internet will not work when Ethernet is plugged in connections are happy When I unplug the Ethernet I can once again access the internet I think it might have something to do with the IP addresses of the devices or a setting I ve missed in the configuration of the Asus router although I ve tried just about every combination of static and dynamic addresses on my PC and the Asus box If anyone can help it would be really great One of the main reason I bought this device was so I could download large files from the web directly to it obviously right now that s impossible Thanks in advance Cameron nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

hello Recently my uncle redid my other laptop to its original out-of-the-box state due to slowness Afterwards when my father plugged in the ethernet cable of Motorola s SBV SURFboard Cable Modem we use the optimum service into the computer the computer icon at the bottom right of the I internet connect ! S P E A H when work L cable even does not ethernet P E the L E screen indicated that the network was unidentified and has only local connections---therefore no internet On the laptop I m on right now the network is correctly recognized P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable and has both local AND internet connections Why is that I concluded that since the other laptop is quot redone quot then I must reinstall the installation cd of the modem and I did today All went well in the installation process until the near end where the cd automatically checked to see how the connection was btw the comp and modem It resulted with an error stating something like that invalid or something I forgot Thus my installation attempts of the modem on the other laptop failed I tried to reboot both the comp and modem but still failed I don t understand Why is there limited connectivity I don t even have perfect wireless connectivity I mean both of my laptops have the wireless capability and I can go around the house with the working one and find linkys with one bar of signal But I don t have the wireless modem or something that gives stable wireless connectivity to either of them---only the motorola modem that gives internet to only of the right now What should I do The solution shouldn t be too difficult I am quite young and did my best to solve this problem So I now await for the knowledge of you professionals to aid me thank you nbsp

A:P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable

You want to first establish a connection from the laptop to the Motorola modem, with the Linksys router out of the loop. Is the laptop running Windows Vista or XP? When you go to Network Connections or Network and Sharing Center, do you see a LAN?

If you are connecting via an ethernet cord to a cable modem, then you would not need to install any modem. The disk you have for your Motorola modem may be for installing USB drivers in case you were using a USB cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p-l-e-a-s-e-h-e-l-p-internet-does-not-work-even-when-i-connect-the-ethernet-cable.837566/
Relevancy 44.72%

I need the ethernet driver for Toshiba p105-s6024 laptop and I don't know where to get it from

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...BV_EngineID=cccjadedfdfdldgcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0

So can anyone find it and tell me what it is?

And for the toshiba p105-s6217 laptop

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...BV_EngineID=cccjadedfdfdldgcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0

A:Solved: Ethernet won't work after computer format?

I think that there should be a law that anybody contemplating buying a Toshiba is required to first find a driver on their web site! That would help sales for Dell and HP!

Since even with the filters of All OSes and All Categories I could find no chipset or ethernet drivers using your provided links I think you have to email or call their tech support, unless you got a Drivers CD with the PCs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-wont-work-after-computer-format.680200/
Relevancy 44.72%

Alright so ive always got internet with an Ethernet cable plugged straight into my motherboard (MSI K8N nforce4) for a stready 2 years now.

I had to unplug my power supply to test something for a friend and when I plugged everything back in all of a sudden my desktop does NOT recognize ANY ethernet cable plugged into it.

Straight from modem, no router, no BS, just plain ethernet cord
how did this happen, and what can i do to fix it? please help

thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

I am looking for a new router and checking reviews, and so far ZyXEL has impecable reviews, and as browsing through random products I stumbled accross this "Powerline" ethernet adapter, and everywhere I have checked it has a 5/5 star rating, and only great reviews; minus its supplied disk is said to just be a PDF with little information. I was just curious if anyone knew how it worked, wether or not it was just a normal router with a fancy name or it is a new sort of netrouting (possibly through your powerlines??)
Thanks

Sieg

A:ZyXEL Powerline Ethernet Adapter! [What exactly is this? How Does it Work?]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zyxel-powerline-ethernet-adapter-what-exactly-is-this-how-does-it-work.580651/
Relevancy 44.72%

Nada nothing doesn't see any networks even though my other windows laptop connects just fine Did a clean install and everything else work xpsm1530 on but ethernet dell No wireless seems altogether peachy Any ideas suggestions Quote I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce M GT I O Port x C - x DF No wireless on dell xpsm1530 but ethernet work Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host No wireless on dell xpsm1530 but ethernet work Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Memory Address xFFC - xFFDFFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xFFC - xFFDFFFFF Motherboard resources IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ High Definition Audio Controller IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Memory Address xF - xF FFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M GT Memory Address xF - xF FFFFFF Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A I O Port x C - x DF System board I No wireless on dell xpsm1530 but ethernet work O Port x C - x DF Intel R ICH Family SMBus Controller - E IRQ Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller IRQ NVIDIA GeForce M GT IRQ Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - F IRQ Ricoh OHCI Compliant Host Controller IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R HEM HBM SATA AHCI Controller IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M GT Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A IRQ Ricoh Memory Stick Controller IRQ SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller IRQ Ricoh SD MMC Host Controller IRQ Ricoh xD-Picture Card Controller Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M GT Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce M GT I O Port x B - x BB Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A Memory Address xFED C - xFED FFFF PCI bus Memory Address xFED C - xFED FFFF Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model XPS M System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

A:No wireless on dell xpsm1530 but ethernet work

You did check the switch on the right side of the computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/12417-no-wireless-dell-xpsm1530-but-ethernet-work.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a new PC notebook that my friend gave me It's name is quot Gigabook quot which is not very famous I suspect it is a small company that combines hardware into a notebook Anyways I have installed Windows on it but found out that the internet doesn't work for some reason Ethernet Can't Work Doesn't WiFi Turn And On I can't turn on the WiFi to find out my network and when I connect an Ethernet cable to the notebook nothing happens I thought it's the driver could download it and transfer it to the Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work notebook via USB drive the problem is I can't find the software anywhere My network card is WAN Miniport I can check any other hardware here it's just that you won't find anything about Gigabook P S Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work a this is my first post on your forums please forgive me if I posted in the wrong place or made other noob mistake b I come from the Mac and Linux world so I don't have a lot experience on this OS I'll appreciate any help Thank you very much in advance

A:Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work

What was the original OS? Did you run the Win 7 Upgrade Advisor before you installed Win 7? It's possible the wifi/Ethernet cards do not have available Win 7 drivers. What is the model number of your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251181-cant-turn-wifi-ethernet-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I got a new xps - days ago The wireless does not work and ever - 15 9550; ethernet xps work / wireless does not new brand since I ve been trying to get it to brand new xps 15 - 9550; wireless / ethernet does not work work I ve done all the suggestions on the internet disable WMM enable ip flushing via regedit amp flush ip winsock disable power saving on the wireless card disable netbios add new protocol reliable multicast none of them helped I then purchased the usb-c adapter and tried the ethernet but it does not even recognize there is an ethernet connection I then tried the wireless bios brand new xps 15 - 9550; wireless / ethernet does not work and thunderbolt driver updates on the dell website sent them using my macbook via bluetooth but they didn t help either When I try win troubleshooting it says quot one or more network protocols are missing on this computer quot Please help I m about to lose my mind it s been days BREAKTHROUGH I can browse the internet perfectly fine over a hotspot from my OnePlus GHz band Not sure what this means but at least I know it s not a hardware problem

A:brand new xps 15 - 9550; wireless / ethernet does not work

If the system came with a copy of the malware known as McAfee Live Safe, uninstall it and let WIndows defender activate.  Then reboot and I'll bet you have network connections once again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990798
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,
i have a desktop with windows xp home edition.
i currently have to use a blue usb cable from my internet gateway into my computer as my ethernet cable will not work.
do i need to install a driver or something for it to work?

any suggestions will be appreciated

A:Solved: Cant get yellow ethernet cable to work

Hey, spend $5 and get another ethernet cable. USB connections are a pain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-yellow-ethernet-cable-to-work.859942/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi there my internet was running fine until yesterday when i tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up i followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us evice-or c d- b- c- -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me i then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work i then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless i ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE ethernet cable will only not internet wireless My work through HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless Preferred IPv Address My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -EF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C D CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

The DNS settings you have appear to be for Virgin Media in UK

who is your ISP

can we see an ipconfig /all when you are connected by cable and working please

you may want to check you DNS settings and see if changing those to use google open DNS resolves the issue

Google public DNS
Note using google public DNS servers from outside the US may actually slow performace - so use the following as a test to identify DNS issues - if these resolve the issues , then we need to investigate further to optimise the use of DNS
Google public DNS
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address up on a PC
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Then once you have set up those DNS entries

Flush & register DNS

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/registerdns

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator
Start> All Programs> Accessories and then right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

now type the command again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.1110567/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have never been able to get Internet access using the Ethernet port. I have to use USB. It's a new computer; it has an Ethernet jack. But it doesn't work.

What are possible solutions to this?

It's Windows XP Professional...

A:(RESOLVED) Ethernet connection doesn't work

Do you have the driver on your computer?

(right click my computer > properties > hardware > device manager)

go to the network adapters section, do you see any yellow question or exclamation marks?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-ethernet-connection-doesnt-work-148803.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 44.72%

Had a virus that incapacititated XP. I ran Repair Install and that fixed the problem but created a new one: I can't get a connection to the cable modem through the ethernet port. None of the ethernet LAN lights are lit on the modem even though the cable is correctly installed. I fished out the original drivers disk and reinstalled the drivers, but I don't see the ethernet in the device manager.

The desktop is a Dell 2400 Dimension. The description of the ethernet card from my original invoice is a generic Intergrated 10/100 Ethernet.

Also, after the Repair Install I now am prompted to connect to the internet through dial up, which i haven't used in years.

Is there a setting that the Repair Install restored to the original setting that I'm missing?

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Belkin G wireless router connected to an Arris modem (Comcast).
I am trying to connect a laptop and an android phone. There is also a PC connected to the wireless router via an ethernet cable.

When the PC is connected, the speed of the wireless connection drops significantly.
From my phone speedtest shows ping 13ms, 27.75 down and 24.18 up when the PC is not connected. When the PC is connected, speedtest shows ping 20ms, 0.2 down, and 0.1 up (if the connection doesn't time out.)

It seems the ethernet connection is taking nearly all the bandwidth and the wireless devices just won't work. How can I give equal bandwidth to the wired and wireless connections?

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I need your help I have a desktop PC with a Realtek belkin rtl pci eathernet card and a Intel Pro VE network connection built on to the motherboard below are my computer specs For some reason all of a sudden my internet stopped working and I keep getting the page cannot be displayed screen in IE I checked the connection coming from error does cannot card be Ethernet not page work displayed the cable Ethernet card does not work page cannot be displayed error on my laptop and it works I am using yahoo DSL through a net gear rt port router I have run ad aware and spybot with Ethernet card does not work page cannot be displayed error no luck I tried swapping the pci port for the card Ethernet card does not work page cannot be displayed error with no luck I tried ipconfig release and renew and repairing the connections I also tried disabling the onboard lan and then the pci card and updating drivers So far for a brief period I was able to get a connection using the Intel onboard and then it stopped working and reverted to a different ip For some reason the drivers say they are working fine and it says it s connected I have below the setting when they were working and recently I am not able to get internet I tried making the connection static and that did not work so it s back on dynamic Sometimes ipconfig Working Settings DHCP enabled Yes Auto configuration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Current Non Working ipconfig Settings DHCP enabled Yes Auto configuration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Operating System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build gigahertz Intel Pentium BIOS Award Software International Inc F Communications Other Devices Net Adapter Net Adapter Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Network Card MAC Address D A F B Network IP Address OHCI Compliant IEEE Host nbsp

A:Ethernet card does not work page cannot be displayed error

Let's give the stack reset a try.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-card-does-not-work-page-cannot-be-displayed-error.522358/
Relevancy 44.29%

card instead adapter ethernet. network not a does using onboard Driver pci for work I know it's surely a driver issue It's been driving me Driver for onboard network adapter does not work using a pci ethernet. mad even if I spend most of my time in Linux Mint I gotta boot in my win x ultimate partition here and there I bought a license for Driver Genius after trying some of my friends programs and even the free my-config service So IO Bit Driver something and Driver Magician that my colleagues IO Driver Booster found a hell lot of things to cover and I liked that it told me about Java although Justched actually works these days So yeah I thought I was installing everything needed looked at the filenames etc to be sure From what I know so far is that my onboard sound card should not be updated the updates everything finds for it it's even apparently drivers behind and there once was a driver I installed that made the onboard ethernet port function I got two such ports the other being a pci card which I can update all I want it remains good Also since I changed Fiber Optics provider FTTH wait let me rephrase this since about the year I use TCPOptimizer on my ethernet adapters it's made by Steve Gibson and is freeware grc com is the website I'm sure many here know about the site So since I went from to I moved the cursor to mbps normally I just use Optimal since I don't understand all the variables I could change manually and it never caused problems I really don't feel like reinstalling win x ultimate anyway I have programs there I paid for and will need to write down or make a txt file with my serials I think staying with just one driver updater is the way to go I also noticed that suddenly things were very slow internet-wise when connected to one of my VPN's service's driver I have backed up my user folder with everything in there but if you guys can help me so that I don't have to entirely re-install and I would not format unfortunately I did not have internal and external drives at first I had just this one TB WD Black Caviar I made a backup of my music which is almost all complete discographies but from a sata gb s to another the transfer was faster for what amounts to gb One issue I had was that my virtual memory was all kinds of messed up too due to lack of space due to all this music on the drive where win is I got another TB Black Caviar for only data and thats where my backups are not including the dvd-rw and usb key that contains all of my user folder that I copied not cut for sake of clarity Now I've made myself some space I have gb of ram which means I gotta have gb free only for the swapfile The best I can do is gb of space on the gb NTFS partition where Win and the music is If I can make sure that drive letters do not change I used Ext Fsd to have access to my Ext partitions the linux partition and another one So yeah I bought a power-cable less TB Seagate external to give myself some space maybe that's why win is behaving strangely etc it goes much slower than it should CPU is AMDFX- Octocore Black Edition ghz I know that I am deviating the topic But I've played with this all day yesterday and I don't feel like reinstalling anything at all Maybe factory reset the win partition I didn't finish my thought about the virtual memory can I put it on another drive than C I got a partition that is only a little more than full in my internal hard drives I think I can set it to be there correct Sorry for the long post but it's a complicated subject one that necessitated buying an external drive due to all internal drives' partitions are all almost full except for the one I just described I find it strange that a motherboard I bought brand new last year would have trouble with new drivers for the network adapter or the sound card on it Also I know this contains a bit more than about drivers it is the main part because malfunctioning drivers for a network adapter should work but doesn't the one that doesn't work works in Lin... Read more

A:Driver for onboard network adapter does not work using a pci ethernet.

Quote: Originally Posted by fruitkiller

..card instead.

I know it's surely a driver issue. It's been driving me mad even if I spend most of my time in Linux Mint, I gotta boot in my win7 x64 ultimate partition here and there. I bought a license for Driver Genius 15 after trying some of my friends programs and even the free my-config service. So, IO Bit Driver something and Driver Magician that my colleagues, IO Driver Booster found a hell lot of things to cover and I liked that it told me about Java (although Justched actually works these days). So yeah, I thought I was installing everything needed, looked at the filenames etc. to be sure. From what I know so far is that my onboard sound card should not be updated, the updates everything finds for it (it's even apparently 2 drivers behind and there once was a driver I installed that made the onboard ethernet port function, I got two such ports, the other being a pci card, which I can update all I want, it remains good.

Also since I changed Fiber Optics provider (FTTH), wait, let me rephrase this, since about the year 2000 I use TCPOptimizer on my ethernet adapters, it's made by Steve Gibson and is freeware (grc.com is the website, I'm sure many here know about the site. So since I went from 50/30 to 60/60, I moved the cursor to 60mbps, normally I just use Optimal since I don't understand all the variables I could change manually and it never caused problems.

I don't really have an answer for you but...

I know it's surely a driver issue.

I believe you are right or at least partially right because of the programs I see listed you installed.

I bought a license for Driver Genius 15 after trying some of my friends programs and even the free my-config service. So, IO Bit Driver something and Driver Magician that my colleagues, IO Driver Booster found a hell lot of things to cover and I liked that it told me about Java (although Justched actually works these days).

We see a lot of problems caused by those programs, and IObit is a big red flag.

I would remove all traces of those programs and just use the manufacturers for drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/398149-driver-onboard-network-adapter-does-not-work-using-pci-ethernet.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi All I have Windows Vista home premium I moved from Chicago to Boston Before I left Chicago I tried removing kaspersky internet security as my laptop used to heat up and shut down often you can hear the voice from laptop when more process are running and it shut s down While uninstalling kaspersky the laptop shutdown half way I moved to Boston I tried connecting to wireless it does not work It shows connected excellent signal strength but bytes received Wireless works fine for other room mates on their laptops If works, not cable does wifi Solved: work ethernet I try connecting from cable internet works fine Pasting the ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name compaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E -BB- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bd ea f ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work October AM Lease Expires Saturday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE-FB- - - E-EC- E-DA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- E-DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CF- F- D - FDE-F EC B DEA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description isatap hsd ma comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pls help I also attached the pic of wifi inspector Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-works-wifi-does-not-work.1111550/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 44.29%

When I plug an ethernet wire from a router to the ethernet port on my computer, nothing seems to happen. There is no LAN option under my "network connections" either. My first guess is that I don't have the correct driver installed (or if I have one at all for the ethernet). Can anyone help me? I tried to open up the computer to see the brand of the Ethernet card but Some of the screws were stuck and I couldn't seem to open it. It is a Laptop running Windows XP by the way. I bought it at cyberpowerpc.com. Thanks very much for any help.

A:Windows XP: Ethernet port (and LAN) does not work..only wireless internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-ethernet-port-and-lan-does-not-work-only-wireless-internet.937850/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

A:Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 44.29%

Well when i plus in the Ethernet but says internet connection work doesn't ethernet help connected please! cable it says its connected but if i open up Mozilla i get this error in browser if i try to connect to Google jar file C Program Files Mozilla Firefox chrome en-US jar locale browser-region region propertieswww google com Also I ve done the winsock fixes in cmd and this is not the cause of spyware malware I ran malwarebytes sybot search and destroy and also adware and it came up clean Furthermore if i ping myself or google for instance it times out Here s the IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name vaio-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List uci edu uci edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix uci edu Description Realtek RTL ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! x Family Fast ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - -EE- E-CA Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Tuesday November PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix uci edu Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g miniPCI Adapter Physical Address - E- B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM Thanks for your help I appreciate it nbsp

A:ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-says-connected-but-internet-doesnt-work-help-please.874146/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there, thanks in advance.

I've had this computer a few months and so far it works great. Then today I turn it on and try to go on the internet and it says I have no connection. Tried plugging and unplugging the cable, wiggled it around, tried to connect it with a different cable and I still have no internet. The cable is in, it tells me there is a local area connection and all, but when I go to properties there is not IP, etc etc.

I have it on a network, if that helps, and none of the others have this problems. The computer prints to a shared printer attached to another computer on my network, so I tried to print something to see if that was still working, but it says it can't due to an unknown error.

Is there a fix for this?

A:Computer seems fine, but the ethernet input doesn't work?

You might try cycling the modem and router.
Unplug the power from the back of the router and modem for 10 seconds.
Plug the router back in and let it boot up,then do the same with the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-seems-fine-but-the-ethernet-input-doesnt-work.747504/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an Inspiron N7010 laptop. Running Windows 7, 32bit, professional. It came with the home version, but we upgraded to the professional version so we could connect to our company's domain. I was running wireless. Now I have been moved out of wireless range, but I have an ethernet line dropped. The Inspiron does not recognize the ethernet line. It "looks" like it does not have a driver for it, but I am having difficulty finding one.

Thanking all "ya'll" in advance.

Talexander

A:ethernet port on Inspiron N7010 doesn't work

Quote: Originally Posted by talexander

I have an Inspiron N7010 laptop. Running Windows 7, 32bit, professional. It came with the home version, but we upgraded to the professional version so we could connect to our company's domain. I was running wireless. Now I have been moved out of wireless range, but I have an ethernet line dropped. The Inspiron does not recognize the ethernet line. It "looks" like it does not have a driver for it, but I am having difficulty finding one.

Thanking all "ya'll" in advance.

Talexander

Besides support.dell.com you can try here. Dell Inspiron N7010 Drivers - download tag - Softpedia

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/129740-ethernet-port-inspiron-n7010-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a combination modem router supplied by my internet service My main floor desktop computer is second plugged Solved: ethernet Wireless in work when cable won't connected directly via Ethernet cable Two laptops an ipad and a couple of TV s connect wirelessly I have Solved: Wireless won't work when second ethernet cable plugged in a large house with an office in the basement which is pretty much underground and on Solved: Wireless won't work when second ethernet cable plugged in the other end of the house so I recently ran a second Solved: Wireless won't work when second ethernet cable plugged in Ethernet cable from the upstairs modem router to a desktop computer in my downstairs office The connection itself worked fine I did notice however that my wireless connections would not work when the second Ethernet cable was plugged into the modem router When I unplugged it wireless started working again Could the problem be with the Ethernet cable It is a CAT e cable which I made myself since I needed a custom length It is my first one so of course I am doubting myself It works fine except for the problem it creates with my wireless devices My level of expertise is a little more than beginner but I m not quite sure I would call myself intermediate yet either nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless won't work when second ethernet cable plugged in

Check the settings for the ethernet and wireless devices in that basement desktop.

Some computers will disable one device when the other device is being used.

TerryNet and etaf and a few others are the networking experts here, so one of them will probably jump in to help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-wont-work-when-second-ethernet-cable-plugged-in.1151157/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am currently using an Ethernet cable plugged directly into my motherboard for internet access. The other end is plugged into an electrical outlet adapter that I believe uses the electrical wires in my house to transmit the signal from my router. When I first boot up the PC, everything works fine. However, after the PC goes into sleep mode and I wake it up, the Internet connection no longer works. Usually it has the yellow ! icon and says limited connection. Why is it doing this, and how can I fix it?

A:Ethernet connection doesn't work after waking from sleep

Make sure the adapter is not set to go to sleep state in the device properties, in Device Manager. Also it could be an issue with the Ethernet over Power adapters losing the connection during the computer sleep state.

What is the mfg & model of the EOP adapters and router/gateway.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63303-ethernet-connection-doesnt-work-after-waking-sleep.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all - I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit and my ethernet pci card DLink DFE-530TX+ (rev F) doesn't recognize the broadband connection on bootup. I have to disable it in the device manager and then re-enable it. Then the broadband connection works.

I have the latest driver, from the DLink site, which is specifically for Win7: 1.12.0.1 (10/12/2009)

I put in the ethernet card as a workaround, because the onboard ethernet device had exactly the same problem. It is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. I got the latest driver from Realtek (7.26.902.2010 - dateed 9/2/2010) but like the DLink, when I first boot up, it does not recogize the broadband internet connection.

I had hoped the PCI card would not experience the same problem -but it does.

Thoughts?

A:ethernet card doesn't work on startup - Ultimate 64bit

I would honestly try a repair install as something critical in the System's driver framework has broke

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118375-ethernet-card-doesnt-work-startup-ultimate-64bit.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have several computers one laptop recently has a new problem The AND over triange show yellow wireless both BUT Both work icon ethernet internet network connection in the corner has a tiny yellow triangle and says the connection is limited and says it is NOT connected to the internet - even though it IS connected to the internet It does this for both the wireless icon and the ethernet icon so it can't be a driver issue I have rolled back Both wireless AND ethernet show yellow triange over icon BUT both work the drivers gone to the HP support site to get their drivers updated to the latest drivers and nothing gets rid of those triangles It's also not a router issue because I have another computer on the same router with no problem on either the wifi or ethernet I've done sfc scannow in both safe mode and normal mode I've looked for any errors and there are none It is very annoying As always a lot of people have this same or similar problem and even though Microsoft is drowning in billions of dollars they can't manage to provide any support for their own products so I am forced to come to this website to get help from people who actually have functional brains

A:Both wireless AND ethernet show yellow triange over icon BUT both work

Same,i made a post about this yesterday and i still dont know how to fix this.someone suggested to turn everything off in proxy(didnt work for me, but might for u)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34496-both-wireless-ethernet-show-yellow-triange-over-icon-but-both-work.html
Relevancy 43.86%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3766 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1755 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597065 MB, Free - 490266 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5742
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Not Updated

Please help me, I don't know what to do.
My internet connection suddenly stopped working and I don't know how to fix it, I've restarted the computer and unplugged the modem, amongst other things, but nothing seems to be working.
The only way I can have internet connection is with the ethernet cable, but it doesn't work without...

A:Solved: Can only connect to internet with ethernet cable, does not work wireless

you have marked this - solved - has the problem been resolved now

if not
have you made sure the wireless is switched on - often there's a physical switch or a combination of the FN + one of the F keys to control the wireless

post an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-only-connect-to-internet-with-ethernet-cable-does-not-work-wireless.1067146/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am working on a Dell Dimension 4100 for a friend. I have replaced everything in the computer piece by piece (why he didnt just have me build a computer for him i'll never know lol). well yesterday I put in a new mobo, processor, and ram. After repairing the windows xp installation neither the onboard lan or pci lan card will work. it will recognize that there is a cable connected, but there is no connectivity to the router or internet. any ideas?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, my modem doesnt work when i plug 2nd ethernet cable in to it i am trying to link another pc to me modem but it just makes the lights flash and then doesnt work i tried it in different ports still doesnt work i also tried my xbox in it that doesnt work either iv have internet for 2 years and also plugged my xbox in now and agen and it worked fine but just recently doesnt want to work any ideas how to fix it ??
Thanks jake

Relevancy 43.86%

Ok, so I've re-installed Windows XP (SP2) and after it booted up, I noticed that my onboard ethernet adapter wasn't recognised. So I went and downloaded the appropriate drivers (SiS900.zip) from the mobo's official site (it's a PCChips M848A mobo) but when I try to install the drivers, it still says that the hardware isn't functional (Code 1).

I've tried many different versions of SiS900 drivers but it simply won't work.

When I tried the setup.exe file that came with the official driver, the install would say "Update Driver for PnP Device Fail. Setup will exit".

That's when I simply forwarded the windows hardware installer to an XP folder i found in the zip file. But still, it doesn't work.

I really need help on this matter. Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Maybe it's worth mentioning that I re-installed WinXP over an existing windows partition without formatting it. I simply deleted the former windows installation files.

A:[SOLVED] On-board Ethernet Adapter Driver Doesn't Work

Have you tried directing the driver to install from SiS900\WinXP\netoem.inf ?

Go into your device manager, right click the device under network adapters and click update driver. From there direct it to the aforementioned file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-on-board-ethernet-adapter-driver-doesnt-work-204726.html