Windows Support Forum

Solved: Memory stick corruption

Q: Solved: Memory stick corruption

I copied over a large file (550mb) earlier on today to give to a friend. It failed for problems I thought were on his memory stick.

I was just about to e-mail some very important work, a word doc, and found this in it's folder.
It is crucial that I somehow get this work back. In there there SHOULD be about 7 MS Office word documents in about 6 folders.
As you can see, nothing opens or is readable.

What do I do? I NEED this work!

Thanks for any help at all...
-Jack

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Memory stick corruption

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Memory stick corruption

Well I had to format it and wipe it all indefinetely.

Thanks for your help... not.

Solved, I guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-stick-corruption.518377/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have ordered a new PC which will arrive with 512MB DDR 333MHZ (PC2700). I have two spare 256MB DDR 266MHZ CL2 PC2100U Memory sticks that I would like to install in the new machine to bump up total memory. Does anyone know if these will be compatible, will they degrade overall speed, etc? Thanks!

A:Solved: Memory Stick Help

They will slow down the new 333Mhz RAM to 266Mhz which will result in a performance decrease. In some case the 266Mhz RAM might be run at 333MNhz but this might cause instability. As for compatibility, some brands and models of RAM are not compatible with some motherboards; some manufacturers list some compatible RAM and some incompatible RAM on their sites. Having 1024 MB of RAM instead on 512 MB may help in some areas but not for normal use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-stick-help.309271/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Any idea what s wrong with my memory stick I have a video file I think on my GB memory stick but for some reason its completely changed http i photobucket com albums ii jamesyyyya memstickerror jpg http i photobucket com albums stick Memory Solved: ii jamesyyyya Untitled- jpg Solved: Memory stick It happened weeks ago to a different file but as Solved: Memory stick I couldn t delete the files turned out the same I fully reformatted the stick Iv got the problem again and its Solved: Memory stick only the files in this folder everything else on the stick is fine The only way to remove it is to format it Any idea what s wrong with it I have another stick which doesn t have any problems but its only GB Thanks J EDIT Just got a disc check error message thing when I plugged it in and it found some errors When I opened the memory stick the foulder with the weird files was different the white background of the folder icon was raised and when I tried to open I got the open with screen I had no problem deleting the file though I had the problem before with this stick so no doubt it will come again Could the stick itself be partly fully ruined nbsp

A:Solved: Memory stick

It could be a fake Usb stick, you can test it with this free program :- http://download.heise.de/software/2050c866819359698668f51f7a362f38/4c536f3f/3582/h2testw_1.4.zip

Details here :- http://mympx.org/Downloads/p13_sectionid/2/p13_fileid/13

If you have important files on the Usb stick back them up before testing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-stick.939598/
Relevancy 62.78%

Win XP SP3

I have a USB memory stick which is used for daily incremental backups of data. I can read and write to it with no [apparent] problems, but when seeking to withdraw the stick I'm advised that 'the generic device cannot be stopped now: try again later'. Device Manager shows no problems with the device. I now withdraw the stick on computer close down with no apparent subsequent problem. Also, I'm not allowed to reformat the stick. Any advice gratefully received.

Relevancy 62.78%

Heya, well i have recently rebuilt my computer so now i have one drive (c) rather than 2 (c and d). This is because i was so low on space. Anyway i just plugged in my memory stick (silver pearl usb 2.0), and it doesn't appear, my computer makes a bleep when i plug it in and when i pull it out, but it doesn't actually detect it. I know this because when i go to 'safely remove hardware' it does not appear. How can i get my computer to detect my memory stick? Note -: The memory stick did work before i rebuilt my computer, and it doesn't need any software to be installed for it to work. All help much appreciated! -Kitten6

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi
I inserted my wife's memory stick into my Laptop and AVG picked up numerous "backdoor" viruses on her images which I then attempted to remove. Now I am in serious trouble The 4GB stick shows 1,5GB free and 2,5GB used, but when opening the stick the file is empty. What is happening? Can I retrieve her images? Guys, please help....she is MAD with me.
Cheers,
Ken

Relevancy 62.78%

when i connect my USB memory stick it connects but dose not show in my computer,
but when I go to manage PC it shows in there, but still dose not show in my computer ,
if I type f:dir (f is drive letter 4 USB) it will list content of drive ????
i have an ext HD also connected on the usb and its fine,
anything i insert into the usb slot gets setup and confirmed as ready for use.
the EXT HD shows in my computer.

windows xp pro and all USB are built in to PC
can anyone help

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a SD-MMC reader writer on my computer I just bought a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S camera my first digital camera lol I also bought a GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for it Now I simply assumed that that memory stick would work Memory SD-MMC Stick/ Solved: in my SD reader writer but it doesn t fit It s also not the same size as the SD memory card I use in it nor are the contacts the Solved: Memory Stick/ SD-MMC same However the instructions with the camera say to simply insert the Memory Stick Pro Duo in the memory slot on the computer if there is one So my question is Is the Memory Slot referred to in the camara s manual something different than the SD slot It s not a problem because the camera also came with it s own USB cord to connect to the computer and I can download my pictures using that but it would be more CONVENIENT to NOT have to remember to drag that cord with me to my mother s house or where-ever nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Kingston KVR667D2E5K2/2G 1.8V memory stick.
When I put it into a HP a601on PC it will not work. It just
gives a series of beeps. When I put another computer it only
shows 1G in the windows system properties.
Could some tell me why this stick is not working in my
HP a601?

I think this is a DDR 2 two gig stick but could be work.

Thank you,

Relevancy 62.35%

I'm wondering if a memory stick should be replaced and if so how often?

A:Solved: Memory stick life

When it stops working, replace it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-stick-life.369560/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys,

I'm working on a windows vista computer that would restart randomly and get a window exception bsod. I took out a memory module and ran memtest86 with memory in slot 1. Failed. Swapped it out with another memory stick but on the SAME slot on the motherboard. Failed.

Took that stick, put it in another slot on mobo. Passed. Took the other stick put in in that next slot, got the restarts again. Could it be that the memory slot that went bad on the mobo also caused the memory stick to go down with it?

A:Solved: bad memory stick AND slot?

Yes, that could be possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bad-memory-stick-and-slot.1011709/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just got a new Sony camera and it takes memory stick pro duo memory. I have an older Sony that takes memory stick pro - are those sticks different? I tried to put the memory stick pro in and it appears to be too thick.

Relevancy 62.35%

and sony memory stick duo interchangable. Eg. could I use my normal memory stick in a new camera that uses memory stick duo, and also the other way around, using a memory stick duo with a camera that now uses memory stick. Hope you can understand this.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

Up until this morning, my usb had been functioning perfectly.
However, when I "saved" a file to the USB, it was grand. There, openable.

Upon ejection, and replugging, the file was no longer there.
I moved a folder, with the same process, ejected, and replugged, the folder was there, but was empty...

Any Ideas please... Really bugging me.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all,

My memory card (sony memory stick pro duo 4gb) has just been emptied after being full. When I turned my camera back on, it says I have 93 pictures left to take, when it should really say over 1,000. To make things worse, I'm on a mac and have no idea what I'm doing. Help would be greatly appreciated as I am going on holiday in 2 days and would really like to take more than 93 pictures...

Thanks!

A:Solved: Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 4gb

Check the camera to make sure you are not taking pics in a very high resolution. You should also be able to view the contents of the memory stick in Windows Explorer to verify that there are no files that are not being transferred properly.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-memory-stick-pro-duo-4gb.799549/
Relevancy 61.49%

I can't format my 6 month old Tosihba 2 gb memory stick. I've tried it on both my tower and laptop and it fails on both. Is it trash?
Thanks!

A:Solved: Problem formating memory stick

Try HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-formating-memory-stick.716221/
Relevancy 61.49%

Right well I haven t been at home for a few weeks and I came back only a few days ago My brother wanted me to transfer something work Stick USB doesn't Memory Solved: from my PC to his so I went to put it on my USB stick but there wasn t enough space So as I was deleting everything Solved: USB Memory Stick doesn't work off it half way through it said something like It couldn t find the files to delete so I just skipped them all After that my memory stick was unusable I couldn t delete the rest Solved: USB Memory Stick doesn't work of the files or copy more over So I tried to format it and windows said it couldn t be completed I read online somewhere about deleting it s partition and making a new one so I gave that a go however I can t make a new partition since it involves formatting the drive and each time I try to make the partition it needs to format it and it still has the quot Windows could not complete the format quot or something like that I ve even tried to uninstall the drivers and it still wont work I m just left with a dead memory stick that asks to be formatted each time I plug it in The memory stick is a HP C W GB USB It was working absolutely fine before I went away Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: USB Memory Stick doesn't work

Theres usually not much you can do with them you could try running check disk with the "f" parameter(fix) chkdsk X:/f X being the drive letter you computer has assigned it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-memory-stick-doesnt-work.1014157/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all i hope this doesn t get post twice so i apologize in advance if Stick Install Problem!! Solved: Memory it does Anyways my hubby went out and bought a new memory stick of ram he only had on his and my daughter installed in on his computer When they turned the computer on they got the no signal message and as soon as they removed it all was well i am not at the residence where they are right now with the computer but i got my daughter to send me a system info on his computer he got no info with the new memory stick so i m not really sure what is wrong any suggestioOS Name Microsoft Windows XP Solved: Memory Stick Install Problem!! Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation Activation Status Activation Pending days remaining System Name HOME-WJ UM ZE System Manufacturer IBM System Model U System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date IBM NUKT AUS SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWSC System Directory C WINDOWSC System Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Canada Hardware Abstraction Solved: Memory Stick Install Problem!! Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name HOME-WJ UM ZE Owner Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory MB Available Virtual Memory MB Page File Space MB Page File C pagefile sys ns would be appreciated thanx here s the system info nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

OK i just bought a 1g stick of RAM for this laptop (see sig for specs) and after installing it I just noticed that only 512mb's of it is showing up!

The memory I bought is here

Anyone have any idea how i can either check to make sure that it's the stick that messed up and not my machine, or reconfigure my system to recognise all 1g's of this stick?

Thanks alot!

A:Solved: Weird Memory Stick Issue

The specs you listed mention,
Maximum Memory 1024MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 512MB)

The max each slot can use is 512mb. You need (2) 512 sticks, not a 1gb stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-weird-memory-stick-issue.791064/
Relevancy 61.49%

Just purchased new sony cybershot camera (dsc -w115), which takes great pics.

Now here comes the doh...part !!

The memory stick fits into my laptop (advent 5302), as did my previous sd cards ( a lot bigger) from my older Kodak digi camera, a little bit sticks out for me to retieve, but when I tried to show a friend my photos by slotting the memory stick into the side of her laptop
( 2 years old), it disappeared and I ended up with a pair of surgical tweezers doing a very tricky operation to get it back. Luckily, no damage to my stick or her laptop.
So is this where the memory stick pro duo ADAPTOR comes in ?,do I insert my stick into adaptor first for using with older laptops etc, or am I completely off the mark here.

Have looked on Sony website etc but not sure what this piece of equipment is for

A:Solved: Disappearing memory stick pro duo and adaptor ??

need2know said:

So is this where the memory stick pro duo ADAPTOR comes in ?,do I insert my stick into adaptor first for using with older laptops etc, or am I completely off the mark here. Click to expand...

Yes, that is correct

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disappearing-memory-stick-pro-duo-and-adaptor.834010/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Sony 256mb Micro Vault that I'm having alot of problems with. A while ago it worked perfecting then by some fluke (don't ask me what I was thinking at the time) I tired to format it in ext3. This was obviously a stupid mistake cause now I can't use it in either Linux or Windows. I'm looking for some way to just wipe it clean and back to normal so things can be like the good ol' days.
Oh and the windows "disk format" option doesn't work.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I have a Compaq laptop with Vista pre-installed. I have no problems using Vista except when it comes to using a couple of programs that I really enjoyed on my old computer with XP Pro. Is it possible to boot XP Pro from a memory stick or do I have to install a dual boot using the hard drive on my laptop? I've read several articles on installing both operating systems on one hard drive, but it seems risky. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] Can I Dual Boot From A Memory Stick?

you can not do it with a memory stick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-can-i-dual-boot-from-a-memory-stick-307545.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I have 3 USB ports on my new Toshibal laptop running on W8.

It will not recognise any memory stick in any port even tho; the stick will read on my desktop running on XP.

Any help appreciated.

Reggie D

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi:
XP with IE8

For the past months, I can NOT save any, i.e. words, photoes, music and all others when I inserted Memory-sticks or CD into the one of USB slots. On CD, it says, ... insert a blank CD although there is CD in there for waiting for saving. On Memory-stick, there is NONE showing even though I inserted a brand new one into one of USB slots. Except this issue, the PC running as good as a brand new.

My question is;
What's causing this, ... not able to save any programs I need to save on CD or memory-stick?

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Can NOT Save any programs either CD or Memory-stick, what's wrong with this?

This user is being assisted at Tech Support Guy Saving feature got lost, .... How to rescue? - Tech Support Guy

@ Snowflake, TerryNet is very good at what he does. I'm sure he will resolve your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-can-not-save-any-programs-either-cd-or-memory-stick-whats-wrong-with-this-736073.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Tech Support Guy memory stick on image system Solved: Create System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XFWHV Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Disappointed Solved: Create system image on memory stick I find that the backup software on my Dell for creating a system image expects a Solved: Create system image on memory stick hard-drive and will not work with the quot GB quot Lexar Jumpdrive I just bought for that purpose The capacity is sufficient even though the quot GB quot designation really means GB where a KB is B Very misleading by Lexar because they use a mixed base number to describe the capacity a power of and a power of to the th x Bytes The computer data is stated entirely as a power of in the listings of files a GB is Bytes not x Bytes But all that is beside the point My problem is how can I use the quot GB quot Lexar Jumpdrive to store a system image that I could easily recover if my hard-drive were to fail The factually GB Lexar stick has enough capacity My system is only about GB large The info in the square brackets is just additional information optional at no extra cost nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a 128MB USB memory stick with my new Dell PC. It works fine there, but I also have an older Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop running Win98. Does anyone know where I can get a driver for the memory stick so I can use it with my laptop? Dell doesn't have one & I've checked Driverguide.com with no success .

Relevancy 60.63%

I have discovered that the files on my memory stick are being deleted after I plug it into any one of my college s PC s They are all networked of course and all run Windows XP SP with Sophos Anti-virus After being plugged into a college PC the memory sticks driver would usually be installed in seconds and be ready to delete PC's memory files Solved: stick College use Two days ago I plugged my memory stick into a college PC as normal only to find that the drive didn t show up after more than minute I decided to hit refresh in the My computer window only to find the stick had been renamed to quot Removable drive quot realising immediately something was wrong I checked inside the drive only to find a mpc file of KB So I then tried to go back to the my computer window and Solved: College PC's delete memory stick files scan the quot removable drive quot with sophos anti-virus the result of the scan was Scanning quot Boot record drive E quot returned SAV Interface error xa The file could not be accessed Scanning Solved: College PC's delete memory stick files quot E streambu f quot returned SAV Interface error xa The file could not be accessed Scanning quot E reambuf set quot returned SAV Interface error xa The file could not be accessed Scanning quot E email protected quot returned SAV Interface error xa The file could not be accessed Scanning quot E email protected quot returned SAV Interface error xa The file could not be accessed Click to expand I ve been using my college s PC s for weeks and never had a single problem with my memory stick till now Can you help me make sense of this crap nbsp

A:Solved: College PC's delete memory stick files

Hi as this is a college Pc - you shoud first ask the college Admin as to why,as they may have blocked what can or not be accessed on said Pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-college-pcs-delete-memory-stick-files.870767/
Relevancy 60.63%

My home computer will not recognize one memory stick in particular (Omnitech, a freebie from an IT guy), so I brought it to the library to test it and the library computer does not recognize it, either. The home computer does recognize, and autoplays, other sticks. It also recognized this problem stick at one time, and the last time I used it was January.

I have incredibly important docs on this stick! What am I to do? How do I access these docs, if even just once more, to copy them to another stick, or disc?

A:Solved: Dead memory stick? NOT a Vista issue.

Well, I can't explain it, but it suddenly started working again. Thanks for all of the replies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dead-memory-stick-not-a-vista-issue.901544/
Relevancy 60.2%

I m about to buy a new p c to replace my year-old model lucky me I want to download ALL my Outlook emails on to a stick for storage and for potential upload to the new p c I recently downloaded the programme as an experiment but am unable to access the emails on the stick although the icon is present Do I have to restore to the p c before I can access the information on the stick I am hesitant to try this on my current machine as if I restore the version stored on the stick I assume this will override what is currently in Outlook thereby losing any newer emails Hope I ve explained my problem adequately and look forward to some help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Downloading Microsoft memory Outlook stick to Solved: 2003 Count RAM Mb Graphics Card VIA S G UniChrome IGP Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard P M - Antivirus AVG Premium Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

This is driving me up the wall. I'm trying to find the appropriate driver for the front panel Memory Stick Slot adapter on this Sony PCV-7322.

I venture to Sony's website and this model doesn't exist on their drop down menus. I choose their "Auto-Detect Model" feature and it comes up as a RX550. I've tried downloading every driver on sony's site that pertains to any USB Memory Stick Slot as it's reported in device manager with no success.

Any help? I've googled and googled with no luck.

Thanks

A:Solved: Sony Vaio PCV-7322 Desktop & USB Memory Stick Driver

Fixed it. Seems as though the driver was the correct one. Just that you had to go fish it out of the Temp folder it placed it in during the driver installation and manually load the driver for the device in device manager.

Tricky Sony....I'm pretty sure it all stems from the fact that I didn't use their original restore discs to reinstall Win Xp Home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-pcv-7322-desktop-usb-memory-stick-driver.779496/
Relevancy 58.91%

I got something like this: http://tiny.cc/9abbu This shown up after i tried to turn on usb connection and listen to music no PSP (succeeded) Is memory stick corrupted? Both PC and PSP work fine with it except not working 2x click or right>1st option (unknown application). Surprisingly it is repaired by going into options and changing name of stick. I will check if it happens on different PCs later.

A:[SOLVED] Strange/not working open/explore commands for r-click on memory stick.

It turned out that it was trojan trying to attack other PCs by autostart. Too bad on second PC i had AV running. It has been taken care of fast and clean right now I'm scanning for remains / way it got in (1st malware i had in almost 2 years without AV! wow )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-strange-not-working-open-explore-commands-for-r-click-on-memory-stick-348817.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Windows XP in a Compaq Presario, with CD reader and CD/DVD burner.
My question: How do I get a DVD(with photos and sound) onto a Flash Memory stick or an SD card??

A:Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Simplest method:

Insert the Disc with photos and sound (close any autorun)
Go to My Computer
Right Click on the CD/DVD drive (with your photos and sound in) and select open
Click on Edit (in Toolbar) then Select all
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select copy

Close the folder

Insert your Flash Memory stick and select Open folder to view the files
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select paste

All done Copy and paste (some say I'm good at this !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-dvd-to-memory-stick-or-memory-card.665428/
Relevancy 55.9%

Completely new to this so apologies if barking up the wrong tree .... !

Rather than buying a 32 gb memory stick to upload some important jpg pictures into for safety's sake, I'm wondering if it's possible to upload and store them in a spare and unused 32gb memory card that I've got lying around instead ? Equally if it's then possible to download them safely later on ?

Thanks

A:Possible to save to a memory card rather than a memory stick ?

Short answer is Yes. An SD card is very similar to a flash drive as far as the technology goes and can be used like an SD card for storing files. I would format it Fat32. And you can download (Copy) the files from the card at any time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366044-possible-save-memory-card-rather-than-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Please Advice Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users JinXiang Desktop - - Memory Corruption?! dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Memory Corruption?! Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff dd f PsLoadedModuleList xfffff dd dbaa Debug session time Mon Aug UTC System Uptime days Loading Memory Corruption?! Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff e fffff d f Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff e Address of the instruction which caused Memory Corruption?! the bugcheck Arg fffff d f Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ DUMP FILE ATTRIBUTES x Kernel Generated Triage Dump EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP netbt NbtReadRegistry fffff e add byte ptr rax al CONTEXT fffff d f -- cxr xfffff d f r rax rbx rcx fbb b rdx fffff d a b rsi ffffffff c rdi fffff d a rip fffff e rsp fffff d a rbp fffff d a r fffff a ab r r fffff dd d r fffffa r fffffa d e r fffff d a r r fffffa ff e iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e add byte ptr rax al ds b Last set context rax rbx rcx fbb b rdx fffff d a b rsi ffffffff c rdi fffff d a rip fffff e rsp fffff d a rbp fffff d a r fffff a ab r r fffff dd d r fffffa r fffffa d e r fffff d a r r fffffa ff e iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e add byte ptr rax al ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID CODE CORRUPTION BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME svchost exe CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff e aa to fffff e STACK TEXT fffff d a fffff e aa c c netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff d a f fffff e c fffff a d de fffff d a f fffffa ff c b fffffa aa netbt LookupDeviceInRegistry x a fffff d a fffff e e fffffa c fffffa ff c b fffffa c fffffa c netbt DispatchIoctls x fffff d a fffff dd fffffa f b fffffa ff c b fffff d a b netbt NbtDispatchDevCtrl x e fffff d a fffff dd f fb nt IopXxxControlFile x e fffff d a a fffff dd bb f eaa fffff d a aa nt NtDeviceIoControlFile x fffff d a a fb f b a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x f f f x fb f b a CHKIMG EXTENSION chkimg -lo -d netbt fffff e -fffff e bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry f e da d da fffff e -fffff e f bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x f c fffff e -fffff e bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x a f d e fffff e -fffff e f bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b c c f d fffff e -fffff e b bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b b f f f fffff e e-fffff e a bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry e x c b d b fffff e a - netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e a -fffff e bb bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b e ff fffff e be-fffff e d bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry e x b b c errors netbt fffff e -fffff e d MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MEMORY CORRUPTOR LARGE STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff d f kb FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE BUCKET ID MEMORY C... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

I ve had two crashes today this morning and tonight Both had identical crash dumps Here is what I got from the debugger Code WRITE ADDRESS f CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f fffff b a mov r x rdi CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff b to fffff STACK TEXT fffffadf e e fffff b a Memory Corruption? f nt KeBugCheckEx fffffadf e e fffff ffffffff ad fffffadf e db d nt KiBugCheckDispatch Memory Corruption? x fffffadf e e fffff b a fffffadf e e a fffffadf e e a fffffadf e e fffffadf e ccfd nt KiPageFault x fffffadf e e a fffff dc eb a fffff f nt MiInsertPageInFreeList x f fffffadf e e fffff dd a a fffff fb fffffadf fadf e df a nt MiDeletePte x fb fffffadf e e c fffff cf fffffadf f fff fffffadf e eabf nt MiDeleteVirtualAddresses x ef fffffadf e e b fffff d ffffffff ffffffff fffffadf e e cf ef d nt NtFreeVirtualMemory xac fffffadf e e c ef a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x ae c x ef a STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f fffff b a mov r x rdi FAULTING SOURCE CODE SYMBOL STACK INDEX FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner SYMBOL NAME nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP cf IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X xA W nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f BUCKET ID X xA W nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f Followup MachineOwner --------- I ran a test of the ram with DocMemory and it went through loops without a problem The question is whether this is a hardware of software problem nbsp

A:Memory Corruption?

While I do not expect a finite answer to my question, surely someone can shed at least a ray of light on this.

After posting this thread, I later received an error dialog that Cacheman had experienced a software error and it shutdown, without a BSOD. I cannot recall the terminology now, but it made me think that it might be linked to the BSODs that do regards memory functions. I left it shutdown to see, but I then started getting more frequent crashes. At this point, I have a hunch that Cacheman may be helping instead.

If no one has a solution, at least point me in a direction that I might find it myself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-corruption.494797/
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows XP Service Pack I m using a beta version of Soundbooth and Adobe personnel asked me to temporarily disable C windows system nvoglnt dll and try Memory Corruption to open a video after renaming this file and starting their software holding the shift key down Well their software responded perfectly I then went back and changed the file back to the normal name After this I did a restart on the computer When it was shut down I got the blue screen and when it booted up I got the quot this computer has recovered from a serious system error quot message I read through the posts here and thanks to USASMA downloaded the Windbg program and came up with the following report and I don t understand any of it and don t know what to do Looking for some advise Thanks Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV Memory Corruption c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by xpsp sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x d Debug session time Wed Feb GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg page frame number Arg current page state Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E PFN PAGE SINGLE BIT ERROR Bugcheck args and differ by a bit its hardware error MEMORY CORRUPTOR ONE BIT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME rundll exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ddc to f f STACK TEXT b b ddc e nt KeBugCheckEx x b b b a a c a ddf nt MiDecrementShareCount x a b b cc b bf a ddda ffff nt MiDeleteValidAddress x b b ec f a ddda a dded a ddda nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x b b d ddda d nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x b b c d f b b c ff f nt PspExitThread x b b cc ff f d b b b b c nt PsExitSpecialApc x b b c b b nt KiDeliverApc x af b b c c e f b b nt KiServiceExit x WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fb x c e f STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION ONE BIT BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION ONE BIT Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg page frame number Arg current page state Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E PFN PAGE SINGLE BIT ERROR Bugcheck args and differ by a bit its hardware error MEMORY CORRUPTOR ONE BIT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME rundll exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ddc to f f STACK TEXT b b ddc e nt KeBugCheckEx x b b b a a c a ddf nt MiDecrementShareCount x a b b cc b bf a ddda ffff nt MiDeleteValidAddress x b b ec f a ddda a dded a ddda nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x b b d ddda d nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x b b c d f b b c ff f nt PspExitThread x b b cc ff f d b b b b c nt PsExitSpecialApc x b b c b b nt KiDeliverApc x af b b c c e f b b nt KiServiceExit x WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fb x c e f STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME memory corrupti... Read more

A:Memory Corruption

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197882/alcmtrexe-alcwzrdexe/In order to avoid confusion, and make the best use of the limited amount of malware removal helpers and their own limited amount of time, this topic is closed. Please do not post in more than one forum, and if you have more topics open elsewhere, please ask that they be closed. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.Bleeping Computer Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200744/memory-corruption/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just found out I got some memory corruption I been trying to get windows update to work and I was told by Flavius and woundering how I could fix this I been getting some bluescreens Windows Update wont update and minor stuff wont save like to have the desktop on the toolbar Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File G Memory Corruption Folder MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address Memory Corruption space is available Symbol search path is SRV G SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Memory Corruption Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e Debug session time Wed Sep GMT System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Memory Corruption Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E b b PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg b page frame number Arg current page state Arg b Debugging Details ------------------ PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details BUGCHECK STR x E DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME SC exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff bc to fffff c STACK TEXT fffff bec f fffff bc e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bec f fffff fffff ecc nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff bec f fffff b fffffa a e fffff c f fffffff fffff a b ecbf nt FNODOBFM string' x c fffff bec fffff a fffffa a e fffffa fffff c fffff b nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x fffff bec b fffff abc f fffff a c fffff bec c fffffa b f nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x fffff bec fffff d fd d fffffa c f nt PspExitThread x f fffff bec c fffff a e fffff c fbce fffff fffff nt PsExitSpecialApc x d fffff bec f fffff a f fe fffff bec a fffff dc nt KiDeliverApc x eb fffff bec a fffff c f fffff bec ca fffff d fa a nt KiInitiateUserApc x fffff bec bb dd nt KiSystemServiceExit x c e f f x dd STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiBadShareCount c fffff bc cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt MiBadShareCount c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b cfeb IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg b page frame number Arg current page state Arg b Debugging Details ------------------ PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details BUGCHECK STR x E DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME SC exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff bc to fffff c STACK TEXT fffff bec f fffff bc e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bec f fffff fffff ecc nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff bec f fffff b fffffa a e fffff c f fffffff fffff a b ecbf nt FNODOBFM string' x c fffff bec fffff a fffffa a e fffffa fffff c fffff b nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x fffff bec b fffff abc f fffff a c fffff bec c fffffa b f nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x fffff bec fffff d fd d ... Read more

A:Memory Corruption

No,
It sounds like an infection. Try doing a complete system scan using Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D.

These should yeild some nasties hiding on your HDD.

Let us know what it finds,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/108723-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 54.18%

evening guys been having a few random hard locks over the last week or so - mainly while gaming now not or Memory else? corruption something everyone bsods in fact a couple of them have just rebooted the system without a bsod i have attached the dump files i have related to these crashes and the bsod Memory corruption or something else? screen via bluescreenreview - apologies if this is wrong Code Microsoft R Memory corruption or something else? Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e f PsLoadedModuleList xfffff ce Debug session time Sun Jan UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E cdfb cddd Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg cdfb page frame number Arg current page state Arg cddd Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME BlackOpsMP exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff f f c to fffff e f STACK TEXT fffff f fffff f f c e cdfb nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f fffff e fffff be ba cdfb b fffffa f fffffa deb nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff f fffff f fffff be fffff e fffffa b aa fffff e nt FNODOBFM string' x e d fffff f b fffff f fffff a af e fffff fca fffff a bd fffffa f b nt MiRemoveFromSystemSpace x d fffff f fffff ab e fffffa de fffff b fd nt MmUnmapViewInSystemSpace x fffff f fffff a b fffffa e fffff fca dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL DestroyOneAllocation x fffff fa fffff b fffffa e a fffffa d d dxgmms VIDMM DMA POOL RemoveDmaBufferFromPool x fffff fa fffff d fffff a de fffa fffff a acefc dxgmms VIDMM DMA POOL scalar deleting destructor' x b fffff faa fffff d f fffff a acefc fffff a de fffa dxgmms VidMmDestoryDmaPool x fffff fad fffff d d fffff a de fffff a de fffff fca fffa dxgkrnl DXGCONTEXTDestroy x d fffff fb fffff d df dc fffffa deb fffff fbc a e c dxgkrnl DXGDEVICEDestroyContext xb fffff fb fffff eba ffffffff ffb b f f dxgkrnl DxgkDestroyContext x a fffff fbf fffff e e fffffa deb fffff fca fffa fffffa win k NtGdiDdDDIDestroyContext x fffff fc a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x a e x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiBadShareCount c fffff f f c cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt MiBadShareCount c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP c c a IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e PsLoadedModuleList xfffff a e Debug session time Sun Jan UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck a a d c b b eebc f a fffff e c Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL STRUCTURE COR... Read more

A:Memory corruption or something else?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I see a number of files are missing in your upload. I looked at your three most recent dumps. Each has a different error code, two directly blame memory corruption, and the other indicated memory corruption. This points to a hardware/hardware related (drivers) issue.

Uninstall Trusteer Rapport. It is known to cause BSOD's on Win 7 systems. Here is some reading on this software. Online Banking Security | Trusteer,

MPECS Inc. Blog: Windows 7 BSODs ? RapportPG64.sys is the Culprit

I recommend that you uninstall TuneUp Utilities. Windows 7 is a totally different operating system than XP. Win 7 is not an evolution from XP. It is a totally new OS and even changed from Vista. Thus the wisdom we learned about XP - tweaking, cleaning, modifying for speed, etc - do not apply at all to Win 7. Forget that knowledge.

Windows is a closed source system. Developers of tuneup utilities and registry cleaners do not have the core code of Win 7 and are not working on definitive information, but rather they are going on past knowledge and experience, most of which is not applicable to Win 7. Automatic cleaners will usually have to do some guesswork.

There is almost no tweaking that can be done to Win 7 to speed it up. The system is designed to diagnose itself and take care of itself which it does remarkably well. Win 7 maintains itself and that includes the registry.

Tuneup utilities are pure snake oil. At best they do nothing except use resources. At worst, they can mess your system up, slowing it down, and even crash it. There is no tuneup utility out there anywhere that can speed Win 7 up and improve its performance, at least not at this time.

This isn't to say that the system does not need to be maintained. Uninstall programs that you don't use, delete unneeded and unnecessary files. Defrag your hard drive. But don't screw with the registry unless you are an in depth expert in the Win 7 registry.

We have seen the adverse effects of tuneup utilities and registry cleaners and registry defraggers in the Crashes and Debugging Section. Most of the time, the cure is a clean install. Using a program such as Ccleaner is fine to get rid of old and unnecessary files. A tuneup utility is not only unneeded, it can actually harm your system. Don't use them.

If you are overclocking anything, return to default values.

Another cause of memory corruption are out of date drivers. These can and do cause conflicts, memory corruption and BSOD's. I find these outdated drivers loaded on your system. The ones in red font are really obsolete. Some are XP drivers. Update the following drivers through the links provided or uninstall the software they are associated with.

Quote:
ADIHdAud.sys Thu May 21 04:21:06 2009 - SoundMAX Digital HD Audio Driver. OEM - none at Analog Devices | Mixed-signal and Digital Signal Processing ICs. Try to update this driver through computer manufacturer's or motherboard manufacturer's website.

Alpham164.sys Mon Jul 23 03:57:03 2007 - Ideazon ZBoard/Ideazon ZBoard Fang MM USB HID. http://www.steelseries.com/download.

Alpham264.sys Tue Mar 20 05:51:03 2007 - Ideazon ZBoard/Ideazon ZBoard Fang MM USB HID. http://www.steelseries.com/download.

AsIO.sys Mon Apr 06 03:21:08 2009 - Asus PCProbe Utility. ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-.

KMWDFILTER.sys Wed Apr 29 02:20:48 2009 - UASSOFT.com HID (mouse) Driver Suspect that this is a Kensington Mouse Works driver - but there's nothing listed here AFAIK: ??????????. Update the driver or upgrade your mouse.

se64a.sys Thu May 03 01:50:31 2007 - EnTech softEngine. EnTech Taiwan. This utility is obsolete. Uninstall it.

yk62x64.sys Mon Feb 23 10:02:27 2009 - NDIS6.2 Miniport Drive, Marvell: Support.

Follow these suggestions and see how your systems does.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135279-memory-corruption-something-else.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently ran a stress test for my computer or a reliability test.

It turns out i only have problems with 2d graphics and i got 90 errors. With 3d graphics i got no errors.

It says Video memory corruption and to be honest I don't know what that means.

Any help guys?

Joe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory-corruption.573467/
Relevancy 53.75%

First of all I d Memory Video Corruption?! just like to say that this is my first post on this forum and that it s nice to see a forum dedicated to help people out I ve searched all over the internet for a solution Video Memory Corruption?! to my problem and I really hope I find it here So let s get on with the show Somewhere around christmas time I decided I should Video Memory Corruption?! get myself a computer since I ve been deprived of one of my own a few years ago best regards to my brother for shortcircuiting my old motherboard Anyway I bought a Pentium Ghz from a friend of mine who assured me it was broken so he sold me the processor motherboard ram and box for roughly After a while I pinpointed the error to the motherboard so Video Memory Corruption?! I boought a new one System specs follow Motherboard Asus P S -MX Processor Pentium Mhz RAM DDR Mhz I m not sure about the memory speed though Gfx card Nvidia GeForce MX Mb vRAM OS Windows XP Pro SP Build HD Gb Gb IDE Sound Card is onboard along with network card I have the latest drivers for all devices including gfx card bios etc and also all windows updates latest virus and firewall defenitions for norton internet security Pro and norton antivirus pro I also have adaware and run weekly virus scans discscans etc The system should be sqweeky clean But it aint First but minor problem is a overheated Pentium processor that tends to be around C F Maybe I could just get a new cooler to fix that but I heard it tends to decreasse system performance in order to protect the CPU The second and major problem is what windows loged as a System Error It usualy happens while playing computer I don t play much but my brother is addicted to CS It also happens to me in what seems to be a random order but it s more usual when I m playing any multimedia content such as videos The screen goes black with a thick red line on the top after that the system reboots The error log follows Tipo de evento Erro Origem do evento System Error Categoria do evento ID do evento Data - - Hora Utilizador N D Computador JO- V ADEEDPW Descri o C digo de erro d par metro e b a par metro par metro par metro f f Para mais informa es consulte o Centro de ajuda e suporte em http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Dados d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters e c b a c c f f The error report returned to me three diferente results Driver Problem of unknown origin Memory Problem Problem with a file in norton auto-update Since I have the latest nvidia drivers and since I installed the norton update but the problem remained I started doing some error checking I used windows memory check utility but after passes of exaustive tests it found no errors So I ran Burnin test and I got a lot of quot Video Memory Corruption quot errors So I switched the GeForce card with a TnT card but the error remained So I thought it would probably be a driver problem since both card use forceware drivers I switched to the onboard card and the problem was gone NOTE This was when I updated to the latest forceware drivers before that I was running some drivers that were released in March Even with these drivers the problem remains so I m a bit lost Perhaps the problem is on the AGP slot of my brand new mother board maybe both my second hand gfx card have the exact same problem or maybe it s just a software problem I also found another possibility which I somehow ruled out My power input is V and my peak powerconsumtion would be Watts since I dont have physics since th grade I don t remember the diference between Volts and Watts but I don t this would be a power distribution problem since I don t have lots of USB devices only mice a ADSL modem and a webcam Soooooooo Can anybody help me with this I gave all the information I think it s can be usefull but if something sliped my mind please say so Also forgive me for any misspelled word but It s one AM and my english tends to fail a bit after midnight Thanks for all help in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I recently ran a stress test for my computer or a reliability test.

It turns out i only have problems with 2d graphics and i got 90 errors. With 3d graphics i got no errors.

It says Video memory corruption and to be honest I don't know what that means.

Any help guys?

Joe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory-corruption.573463/
Relevancy 53.75%

Two months ago I was playing my computer and it crashed When I went to reboot it wouldn't even make it to the Bios screen Eventually I removed a stick of memory and it still woudln't boot so I put one back and and put the other back in It booted but put me down to gb of memory so I went out and bout playing Corruption Memory WOW while a new kit of memory KHX C B RK X Memory Corruption while playing WOW and took the old one out At first I couldn't boot with two sticks of memory so I went and reset the cmos and was eventually able to boot Since then I have received BSOD numerous times and have drove myself crazy trying to figure it out I ran memtest and passed with no errors And as long as I don't play wow it hasn't crashed So I went and spent six hours today redownloading and reinstalling wow and it crashed as soon as I did I went and downloaded windowsbugger kit and tried my best to decipher myself with no luck

A:Memory Corruption while playing WOW

First, we want to make sure the computer is saving your dump files. Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery [Settings] Make sure that "Write Debugging Information" is set to Small Memory Dump (256kb) if it is not already. Create a Dump File when you get a BSOD
Next, make sure that the folder C:\Windows\Minidump exists. If not, create it (allow permission if asked). Make sure any dumps you want to analyze, whether yours or others', are in this folder. You can ZIP/RAR the files and send them to someone else to analyze as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305567-memory-corruption-while-playing-wow.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Please Advice Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users JinXiang Desktop - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred Corruption?! Memory [BSOD] SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] x Product WinNt Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff b a c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff b d aa Debug session time Thu Nov UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff a fb fffff f a be Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff a fb Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff f a be Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ DUMP FILE ATTRIBUTES x Kernel Generated Triage Dump EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP Npfs NpCommonCleanup b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax CONTEXT fffff f a be -- cxr xfffff f a be r rax rbx ffffffffffffffff rcx fffffa e rdx fffffa e rsi fffffa f e rdi fffff a b faaa rip fffff a fb rsp fffff f a e rbp fffff f a r fffffa dd r r r fffffa ce f r r r fffffa e r fffff a b faa iopl nv up ei pl zr na po cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax ds b Last set context rax rbx ffffffffffffffff rcx fffffa e rdx fffffa e rsi fffffa f e rdi fffff a b faaa rip fffff a fb rsp fffff f a e rbp fffff f a r fffffa dd r r r fffffa ce f r r r fffffa e r fffff a b faa iopl nv up ei pl zr na po cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID CODE CORRUPTION BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME nacl exe CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff a to fffff a fb STACK TEXT fffff f a e fffff a fffffa dd fffff a ffc b Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff f a fffff ee fffffa fcc Npfs NpFsdCleanup x fffff f a fffff b ebd a fffffa f e fltmgr FltpDispatch xee fffff f a f fffff b eb b fffffa ab fffff a bb f nt IopCloseFile x fffff f a fffff b eb b fffc fffffa ad fffffa a nt ObpDecrementHandleCount xc fffff f a fffff b eff ffff ac e e fffff b f nt ObCloseHandleTableEntry x b fffff f a f fffff b f d fffffa a fffffa a fffffa a fffff a bb f nt ExSweepHandleTable xb fffff f a fffff b eed fffff a ef d fffffa nt ObKillProcess x d fffff f a fffff b f d fffffa a f f ba fffffa f nt PspExitThread x fffff f a a fffff b ad fffffa a fffffa f fffff f a b ffffffff ffffffff nt NtTerminateProcess xfd fffff f a b fd cb d dda nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x fd x fd cb d dda CHKIMG EXTENSION chkimg -lo -d Npfs fffff a fc-fffff a ff bytes - Npfs NpCommonCleanup c cb ff errors Npfs fffff a fc-fffff a ff MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MEMORY CORRUPTOR LARGE STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff f a be kb FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km memory corruption large FAILURE ID H... Read more

A:Memory Corruption?! [BSOD]

Hi jinxiang & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I would need the Dump files in order to analyse the situation your system is in and help cure it ^_^.
Please note that without the Dump files, I can't help you out.
Kindly ZIP Up the dump files and then upload them to a File Hoster like Mediafire. The Dump files are located in "C:\Windows\Minidumps". You might need to copy them to some other folder before zipping them due to permission issues.

Once they are uploaded, paste back a link to it here and I would be glad to analyse them ^_^

-Pranav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555956/memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 53.32%

Howdy!
My Laptop just recently went through the "blue screen of death phase", and now it wont even load windows for me to go to boot options for a safe mode..it gives me a black screen with a no read/write option along with specific codes and also says below that it is currently decreasing memory.
It doesn't load thereafter, and if I try to f8 or f12 upon rebooting it gives me a "1 time option" and then goes right to the no read/write black page.
I wish I would have caught this issue sooner, and just restored my computer to factory settings? I just bought this puppy about 4 months ago (it was used ofcourse, but everything was wiped clean..or so I thought)
Hoping I can get some help concerning all of this.
Upon reply I will type out the specific read/write error codes.
Cheers!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-memory-corruption.1127209/
Relevancy 53.32%

Im constantly getting Memory Corruption BSOD within seconds or minutes of Corruption - Only BSOD first Memory on boot. logging in to the computer But the weird thing is after its crashed Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot. once it wont do crash again until a few hours later when you restart System Specs are in the tab at the bottom Ive replaced the Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot. graphics card with my old trusty ATI card and i still got these crashes Ive even replaced the ram i used to have GB of Corsair ram but changed to GB of G Skill mhz ram The cpu is overlocked from ghz to ghz all the overclocking was set up by a online company but after them failing to help me im willing to changed voltages etc ill post details of the voltages later in case that might be the cause Ive replaced my keyboard mouse installed only basic software because memory corruption can range from any type of device software driver googled it Ive also done a clean install of Windows and removed and reseated most of the components Ive also attached the mini dumps in case anyone can make more sense from them than i can Thanks

A:Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot.

Quote: Originally Posted by fluffedup

Im constantly getting Memory Corruption BSOD within seconds or minutes of logging in to the computer. But the weird thing is after its crashed once it wont do crash again until a few hours later when you restart.

System Specs are in the tab at the bottom.

Ive replaced the graphics card with my old trusty 4870 ATI card and i still got these crashes. Ive even replaced the ram, i used to have 4GB of Corsair ram but changed to 8GB of G Skill 1600mhz ram.

The cpu is overlocked from 2.67ghz to 3.63ghz, all the overclocking was set up by a online company but after them failing to help me im willing to changed voltages etc, ill post details of the voltages later in case that might be the cause.

Ive replaced my keyboard/mouse/installed only basic software because memory corruption can range from any type of device/software/driver (googled it).
Ive also done a clean install of Windows 7 and removed and reseated most of the components.

Ive also attached the mini dumps in case anyone can make more sense from them than i can. Thanks.

Well these were casued by memory corruption. One ither thing I noticed was that your AVP.exe (kaspersky AV) was in the stack on several of the crashes. I would remove the AV and test the memory by downloading memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes.
Let us know if you need help
Ken

Code:
031910-23134-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:35:32 PM BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`06692920 fffffa80`06692920 fffffa80`04692920 fltmgr.sys fltmgr.sys+1b52 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-23134-01.dmp 4 15 7600
031910-21528-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:38:16 PM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a fffff680`000117e8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02eb81ca ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-21528-01.dmp 4 15 7600
031910-22666-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:27:14 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04aecc50 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-22666-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032010-28704-01.dmp 3/20/2010 1:29:32 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041287 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032010-28704-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032010-29094-01.dmp 3/20/2010 1:25:18 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04abdb50 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032010-29094-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-22994-01.dmp 3/21/2010 7:19:28 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04abdb20 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-22994-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-27034-01.dmp 3/21/2010 12:18:56 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041201 fffff683`ff7f55e0 8a000002`085ed025 fffffa80`06a784f0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-27034-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-34741-01.dmp 3/21/2010 11:53:40 AM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04a8b750 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-34741-01.dmp 4 15 7600

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72738-memory-corruption-bsod-only-first-boot.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Why are so many people (myself included) suddenly seeing Memory Corruption Errors when installing Windows 7? Systems that appear to have been running previous versions of Windows fine for some time are suddenly crashing with this listed as a major culprit. What is different in Windows 7 that makes it so sensitive to memory errors?

Inquiring minds want to know...

-Jerry

A:Question about all of these memory corruption issues

Seems it usually pops up when installing Win 7 *AND* they have added memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/41797-question-about-all-these-memory-corruption-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've already run Memtest86+ for 12 passes, about 24 hours, and the Windows memory diagnostic tool and neither found anything.

I just switched back to windows 7 as a fresh install. Wiped and formatted all hard drives minus a storage drive, and I've literally replaced all my hardware except my RAM. I've updated everything already, windows updates, drivers, etc.

I am getting the same crash as I was in Win 8 and 10 where the computer will freeze and audio will start to skip followed by a BSOD. I've attached the files below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380339-bsod-memory-corruption-win7_driver_fault.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello!
I get BSOD upon startup. But not everytime I start the PC. It's like once a day, and often when I start the PC for the first time in the morning. I hope some of you guys can give me some help. The only thing I catched from the dump file was something about a memory corruption...

Thanks in advance

M

A:BSOD at startup (only?), (Memory Corruption)

Welcome

Problematic software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Norton is known to cause BSODs, please uninstall it.Norton Removal Tool

Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:- Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Your graphic card drivers need to be updated. The current ones installed on your laptop is from 2009 (very old)

Code:
Drivrutin c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys (8.1.1.921, 5,76 MB (6*037*504 byte), 2009-08-18 03:48)

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`07402000 fffff880`07a19000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Tue Aug 18 09:05:47 2009 (4A8A1A8B)
CheckSum: 005CE06B
ImageSize: 00617000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to ATI and reboot.

Delete remnants of the older drivers using Driver Sweeper

Get the latest version from the AMD website or from a reliable source like filehippo.com. If not that way then open Device Manager and update from there.

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260431-bsod-startup-only-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Firefox Memory Corruption Vulnerability dated July 14, 2009.

Related: Firefox 3.5 Vulnerability Rated 'Highly Critical'

Exploit code for a vulnerability in Firefox was posted online on Monday. Mozilla says it is working on a fix.

-- Tom

A:Firefox Memory Corruption Vulnerability

Dear lotuseclat79,
Thank you! How far will Sandboxie and GeSWall help in surviving the threats posed by security holes in FF3.5 and IE8?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-memory-corruption-vulnerability.843410/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, trying to be quick before I BSOD again.

Recently had problems getting multiple BSODs, even though I haven't changed any hardware.

I got the aforementioned BSOD error and ran verifier to see the driver problem.

spqp.sys is the only one that came up that wasn't loaded it said "never loaded". I did a Windows Search for it and could not find it.

I don't know what to do know. Thanks in advance.

A:Special Pool detected memory corruption

Can you access the hard drive long enough to get a hold of the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If so, zip it up and upload it to your next post.

What settings did you use when running Driver Verifier?

If the spqp.sys file was never loaded, then it's not likely to be a current problem. But a google for it doesn't reveal any results - which makes it suspicious IMO. Try posting over in the Malware forum for assistance: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-366029.html
Relevancy 52.46%

For the past few days I've been experiencing random BSODs The computer can be idle and still do it I've already ran memtest to see pool BSOD memory Special corruption - if my memory were faulty I did test them one at a time to be make sure and neither have any problems Vista Ultimate AMD Athlon X GB Ram BFG GTX Three hard drives The BSOD error shows the following Special Pool memory corruption x c xba ef xba eb x c x I also looked into the event viewer and these showed up as an error Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Log Name System Source EventLog Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level BSOD - Special pool memory corruption Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer ToNiX Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime BSOD - Special pool memory corruption quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer BSOD - Special pool memory corruption gt ToNiX lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt AM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt D D FA D D FA C C lt Binary gt I haven't done anything software hardware related in the past two or three weeks so I have no clue as to whats causing this I've included the dump file for the latest BSOD If there is anymore information that I can supply please let me know I greatly appreciate any help

A:BSOD - Special pool memory corruption

This is (most likely) a malware issue or a corrupted driver IMO. This is also a Driver Verifier enabled minidump - please include information such as this in future posts. Please describe, in detail, what you've attempted to do to fix the issue - including links to any other online work.

Also, it's not usually sufficient to diagnose a Blue Screen issue from just one mini-dump - so please include all minidumps when posting here.

Please post over in the malware forums to ensure that your system is clean. The reason for this is the unidentified driver apx1gadg.SYS The forums are located here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

Once assured that you're clean, then try this:

Check to see if you have a program called Counter Spy installed. If so, uninstall it (making sure that you have other protection available if that's the only one you have on your system). The BSOD points to sbapifs.sys - a component of Counter Spy.

Finally, once you've accomplished all of this, ENSURE that you've turned Driver Verifier off. Leaving it on will make the system more unstable.

Here's the analysis:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR-RC1-Desktop\TempDUMP\DATA\01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6002.18005.x86fre.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82001000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8210e930
Debug session time: Thu Aug 13 05:41:48.028 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:06:57.900
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C1, {ba41ef78, ba41eb04, 83408c, 32}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sbapifs.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sbapifs.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sbapifs.sys
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+a17a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !thread;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;.logclose;q
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8212d6dc
THREAD 88d98250 Cid 0e38.15c8 Teb: 7ffdf000 Win32Thread: fc488e90 RUNNING on processor 0
IRP List:
Unable to read nt!_IRP @ b9f7ee00
Not impersonating
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from 82106b54
Owning Process 88d986c0 Image: SearchProtocolH
Attached Process N/A Image: N/A
ffdf0000: Unable to get shared data
Wait Start TickCount 488323
Context Switch Count 40
ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
UserTime 00:00:00.000
KernelTime 00:00:00.000
Win32 Start Address 0x00f3c799
Stack Init ad22c000 Current ad22bb48 Base ad22c000 Limit ad229000 Call 0
Priority 9 BasePriority 8 PriorityDecrement 0 IoPriority 2 PagePriority 5
ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child
ad22b6dc 820c7f95 000000c1 ba41ef78 ba41eb04 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
ad22b7d4 820e5b98 ba41ef78 0000000... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-memory-corruption-404267.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

Got an error in adobe acrobat saying "The application is being terminated because of memory corruption."

I have tried a couple of suggestions from Adobe's site with no avail. Is there any other suggestions? I will provide the link to Adobe's suggestions.

Thanks in advanced guys!

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/331/331958.html

A:Adobe Acrobat 7.08 memory corruption error

Have you tried solution #2? Right click the Start button and choose Explore. Go up to Tools/Folder Options/View put a check in Show Hidded Files and Folders. Now Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\7.0\ and delete the file Organize70.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adobe-acrobat-7-08-memory-corruption-error-437511.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Bad memory ,system corruption ,missing file

I found out in one of my thread on malware problem running a scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool saying I may have bad memory.And because this is not malware related and I don't want to be taking any more time of the malware specialists there and so I will post here.

what scans can I run to see if my memory is okay? Could system corruption ,missing file or malware cause bad memory? Only problems I have been having is thumbnails taking a very long time to load in the administrator account but okay in the guest account

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool saying I may have bad memory thread saying it

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-oth...computer-after-malware-pop-6.html#post8982003
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1133892-slow-computer-after-malware-pop-4.html
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1133892-slow-computer-after-malware-pop.html

Relevancy 52.46%

OS - Win 10 x64 · What was original installed OS on system?Win 8. reinstalled clean with win 10.· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?Full retail version· Age of system (hardware)3.5 year· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?Less than a year · CPUIntel i7-3770k CPU @3.50GHz(8CPU)· Video CardAMD Radeon HD 7800 Series· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop) Will post information upon request· System ManufacturerGigabyte Technology     Extra note: I've been using an application called Driver Booster 3.3 which function as updating all of my drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610503/memory-management-critical-structure-corruption/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone

I'm running a sony vaio notebook, vista home premium 32 bit, 3gb ram (2gb hynix, 1gb kingmax), intel core 2 duo t8100, ati mobility radeon x2300. I have been getting a persistent blue screen of death with the error message: "special pool detected memory corruption".

I have run the debug program and was hoping someone could kindly assist me with interpreting the minidump. The debug report says the problem is probably caused by "memory corruption". Please refer to the attached notepad file. Many thanks, from a relative computer newbie.

A:BSOD memory corruption, please help with interpreting minidump!

Hi -

The bugcheck on your attached dbug log -

0xc1 (0x90966fb0, 0x90966ffe, 0x33804e, 0x24), prob cause = memory corruption.

As you noted, 0xc1 = SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION = driver wrote to an invalid section of the special pool. The last perm 0x24 indicates that the driver freed memory in an improper manner.

Sorry, but not much can be done w/ that dump log. Run the driver verifier as it will help find the rogue driver:
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe uptop under programs | Run as Administrator | type verifier & hit enter - the Verifier screen will appear | do the following:

Code:

1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list.
3. Check the boxes? Special Pool
? Pool Tracking
? Force IRQL checking4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where Microsoft is not the Provider
7. Click on Finish
8. Re-boot

If the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD. To see the status of Verifier - type verifier - select the last option on the first screen - "Display information about the currently verified drivers..". To turn Driver Verifier off - verifier /reset then re-boot. If you get a verifier-enabled BSOD, get it ASAP - go to \windows\minidump - get it, zip it up and attach.

Before I run any dumps, I will need system info from you. Please follow THESE instructions.

Reagrds. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-memory-corruption-please-help-with-interpreting-minidump-339203.html
Relevancy 52.46%

W SP bit GB RAM I had a power outage and I'm now getting the above message BSOD I have booted with a boot disc and ran chkdsk R it found a few errors I booted into Corruption Detected Pool Memory Special Safe Mode once and that worked but I decided to run Check Disk again now it won't boot anymore It won't boot into Safe Mode stopping Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption at C windows system drivers disk sys Check Disk starts at every bootup From the boot disc in Command Prompt I ran FSUTIL Dirty Query the results is Drive is not Dirty I ran Memtest and the Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption Windows Memory test RAM tests Fine I booted off W DVD and try Startup Repair It said this disc cannot repair volume From the boot disc I tried to run Driver Verifier it said it was not a Valid Windows application Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have HDD's and when booting from the Windows DVD or Boot disc it lists the Windows Volume is Drive G with Drive C as the System Reserve When the computer boots into Windows the Windows Volume is C I cannot boot into the computer to run diagnostic mode I cannot scan for Malware I cannot update drivers as I can't boot in Not sure what else I can try before I re-install

A:Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption

Try disconnecting the drives that do not have the Windows install and see if it's Id'd as the C drive almost sounds like MBR corruption?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-616207.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I just made a new computer last week and I have been getting BSODs when I first start up my computer. After the BSOD, the computer restarts and acts as normal.

I believe it may have to do with me having my window files on an SSD while my users files on an HDD. I did this separation using audit mode that comes with windows so i am not sure what exactly the problem is.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:BSOD upon initial startup, memory corruption

Welcome

Have you updated to the latest firmware for your SSD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259764-bsod-upon-initial-startup-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello forum!

i got some bluescreens randomly around the day while playing bf1 / other games.

system setup:

board: asus m5A99FX PRO R2.0 990FX
cpu: amd fx 8350
gfx: EVGA 1070 SC
RAM: 8gb Kingston Hyper X Blu DDR3

I switched the ram to a known as fully working ram. but no fix.

now i think its a driver problem.

thanks for help! i appreciate the help here in the forum. very nice service!

regards

schnub

PS: if you need extra information please feel free to ask.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67381-bsod-bf1-other-games-memory-corruption-bad-driver.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having a bunch of crashes while playing games like Battlefield 3 and Wow. When I've played Skyrim and other games there have been zero crashes. Using WhoCrashed tell me about memory corruption, and doing Windows Memory check comes up with no problems detected. How should I go about figuring out what is the cause?

GA-990XA-UD3
AX6950 1bg
AMD Phenom II x 4 965
G.Skil 6b (3x2bg) RAM

I think all drivers are up to date, but obviously one is causing a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am pretty new to debugging so try not to use too much jargon.

A:BSOD memory corruption while playing come games

Quote: Originally Posted by Blakerade

I have been having a bunch of crashes while playing games like Battlefield 3 and Wow. When I've played Skyrim and other games there have been zero crashes. Using WhoCrashed tell me about memory corruption, and doing Windows Memory check comes up with no problems detected. How should I go about figuring out what is the cause?

GA-990XA-UD3
AX6950 1bg
AMD Phenom II x 4 965
G.Skil 6b (3x2bg) RAM

I think all drivers are up to date, but obviously one is causing a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am pretty new to debugging so try not to use too much jargon.

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

It is almost impossible to spot trends from a single DMP file so if you have more than one please upload them. If you only have one please wait until the computer crashes again then upload both.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200584-bsod-memory-corruption-while-playing-come-games.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so I just bought this really nice laptop and I've had it for days now and you may be able to imagine my pained expression when I memory memory_management, BSOD corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled realized that I kept repeatedly getting blue screens Sometimes it happens when I am playing facebook games sometimes while watching youtube videos and once while launching a game I play called League of Legends BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled I ran BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled driver genius and it found driver updates and I installed all of them so I am pretty sure all my BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled drivers are up to date I've tried reformatting and I didn't get a BSOD almost all day but then I finally got one again I don't know if it is one of the drivers I have installed or if it's my RAM or if it is my SSD or HDD I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a hardware problem because I don't have any blank discs at the moment to burn the memory tester for my RAM I have sticks of gigs of RAM If this does turn out to be a hardware problem I've already contacted the retailer of my laptop to begin the RMA process as a last resort Any help with this would be sooo greatly appreciated Before my reformat I had other mini dumps and one of them was for pfn list corruption as well

A:BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled

Update the following drivers:
Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver
fffff880`150a4000 fffff880`150a6480 LGVirHid Tue Nov 24 02:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)

Atheros Bluetooth Bus
fffff880`051ed000 fffff880`051fa000 btath_bus Wed Jul 20 04:59:56 2011 (4E2644AC)

Name Logitech G930 Headset
fffff880`07457000 fffff880`074a8d00 ladfGSRamd64 Mon Apr 11 20:41:07 2011 (4DA34B43)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259766-bsod-memory_management-memory-corruption-kmode_exception_not_handled.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have downloaded a few movies and put them all on my memory stick then deleted them off my computer. Now if i try and pay them in windows media player it says it cannot play it because of a missing codec that was used to suppress the file??

Can anyone help ive already tries using other media players but they don't work either!!

2 of the movies work but the other 5 dont . Dont understand why they are all normal mpeg files??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.684419/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I have a 4gb memory stick that I have used many times to install Linux etc on old laptops etc. Now that I want to use that stick to copy off some files from Win 7, I notice that Win 7 suggests its capacity is only 1gb.

I think I have seen this kind of thing happen before but cant remember how I resolved it.

Anyone got ideas on how to kick-start W7 into recognising its full capacity ?

Cheers

Relevancy 52.46%

I have purchased a 4GB Memory Stick.
Every time I try to save a file I get the message "Please insert a disc in Drive I" and can go no further with the save.
I am using Windows XP

A:Memory Stick

Doesn't sound like it's getting installed correctly - XP isn't liking the media. Do other flash drives work ok. Can you try it in another machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.543955/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have plugged my memory stick into my pc and I cannot read from it. There is no data available on it. I plugged it into another pc and still nothing. Help. How do I retrieve the data?

R

Relevancy 52.46%

am experiening problems copying files from an Acer laptop with 08 vista to memory stick both media and word docs. Older docs transferred from work pc go to and from the Acer via memory stick without problem Others created or copied direct to (eg music) cannot be tranferred to memory stick, with message reading : error 0x800700052.

I would gretaly appreciate any advice.

thanks
david

A:dse memory stick 1gb

You may be trying to put too many files into the root directory of the memory stick, try creating a folder on the memory stick and then copying the files to that folder instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb.751574/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey

Long story short: My new computer that had Vista on it originally crashed two weeks ago. I downgraded to XP. Now the internet doesn't work. My Network Drivers are missing.

So I hooked up my old computer (Windows ME) I upgraded it to XP. I got onto the HP website and the tech sent me 3 drivers: chipset, sound, and modem.

The CD burner on the old computer won't work. So I couldn't burn the drivers onto a cd and transfer.

I bought a USB Memory Stick. The computer recognized it, installed it. But it's not under 'My Computer'.

I went into Admin Tools and tried adding a new drive. It wouldn't work/I may not have done it right.

HELP.

A:USB Memory Stick

Try reinstalling the USB drivers or your motherboard chipset drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-memory-stick-245563.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a USB flash drive
It worked fine as was seen when plugged in my old pc
But now on my new one it says its installed and lights up when I plug it into USB But does not appear in My Computer window to click on it to open it Any ideas please?
My card reader is the same.

A:USB Memory stick not seen

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-not-seen.484193/
Relevancy 52.46%

It says that this memory stick is perfect for the PSP, but right now for me it isnt being perfect. It will not let me transfer any data onto it?? Im using the latest version of sonicstage, and none of the support sites for the card are helpful at all. Can anyone help me out please??

thnx, david

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello

I was wondering if someone can help me, i am having huge problems with memory sticks, im on my second one because stuff that i save into the stick disappears or when i open i file like a word document its opens with no text, just rows and rows of tiny boxes i would be so grateful if someone could help me. Im not a computer wizz, only know what i know which unfortunaly isnt why my memory stick is playing up. Perhaps someone know a great helpful website

Thank you Danni

A:8GB memory stick

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8gb-memory-stick.87577/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all.I got a 128mbPC133 memory stick for x-mas.But the problem is, I have a PC2100 model.I was wondering if it will still work.I put it in but nothing is changed except that AIDA recognizes it as an extra memory.Can i manke it work or should i try and see if the manufacturer will exchange it??..Thank you

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all at TSG! Can you help? I'm purchasing a sony digital camera which uses a "Memory Stick" for storage. Does anyone know if a compact flash card or a SD memory card would be compatible, or will I only be able to use a memory stick? Thanx

Relevancy 52.46%

What is the difference between a USB flash drive and a USB pen drive? There is a difference in price but that is all i can work out at the moment. Please can you help.

A:Memory stick

Hi helenb102,

Welcome to TSG!

According to Ask.com when I searched for usb flash drive, a USB flash drive and USB pen drive are one and the same:
Known By Many Names

Also known as a "flash drive," "pen drive," "keychain drive," "key drive," "USB key," "USB stick" and "memory key," ...

I already knew that, but wondered if indeed there actually was some difference - so, none!

They are sold with or without bootable software (Windows) depending on mfg. I have bought 512kb, 2GB and 4GB USB flash drives. SanDisk cruzer (512KB, 2GB, 4GB) comes with Windows compatible FAT16 (I think) bootable software. On a PNY Technologies (2GB) USB flash drive which does not come with any bootable software, I partitioned and laid in a compatible file system for Linux Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon which has the property (now) of persistent storage, so that any changes I install to it are not lost after I boot it up and install the changes - i.e. between reboots from it onto my desktop from it.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.703587/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I am running Windows XP SP3 and I have high speed satilite service provider. I live in a remote area and the only other provider is dialup. My nieghbor who also lives here has Windows Vista and she only has dialup. I am wondering if I can download Windows Defender onto my USB memory stick and then go install it onto her computer. It is a 12 hour download for her since she is only getting 17Kbps speed and also can't seem to download it. Hope someone can help since it is two different platforms and I don't know if it is the right thing to do. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:USB memory stick

Not sure about Windows defender , but most downloads give you a choice to save or run. Many times, I have saved to a cd and burned it for friends who have a slow connection.
I think your idea should work.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick.729257/
Relevancy 52.46%

are all memory sticks compatible with all pcs?Or do i have to know stuff before i purchase one?This is my pc...what kind of card should i get?,if they are not all universal.here

Relevancy 52.46%

How do i download photo's to memory stick. do i need a programme of some kind.? or is there something in xp that will do it for me .didnt think the cheap cd writer that came with it would do it .

A:memory stick

Barjay, welcome to TSF.

Insert your memory stick into an empty USB port.

Find the pictures you wish to transfer. Select the file you want and right click on it > Choose Send To > Removeable Drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-466217.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Will this tactic work?
If I transfer all my harddrive to a memory stick (the size is 4 Gigabytes) can I then plug it into a PC with Norton installed and scan it that way?
I ask because I cannot scan my pc at the moment because a virus(or a trojan or I know not what) is effectively blocking my internet access .
Again would Norton Antivirus be up to the task as someone (my ISP) said they thought it might be a trojan to be redirecting my outgoing traffic in the way that it is.

A:using a memory stick

hi geordief

it might take a while depending on the size of your hard drive but this should work also try spybot search and destroy in google that should also be able to help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379509/using-a-memory-stick/
Relevancy 52.46%

Just a casual question. I have three memory sticks, equal in capacity, which are used for transmitting files across to other computer and daily backups. The computer has a hard disk with no partitions and the usual CD/DVD-ROM drive.

Why, when I insert two of the memory sticks are they each recognised as the E drive, whilst the third memory stick is always recognised as the F drive. The memory sticks are used one at a time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 235131 MB, Free - 188679 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0WG864, , ..CN481116AB03B3.
Antivirus: Sunbelt VIPRE, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Memory on a Stick

Is each stick always recognized as the same drive, like the "f" is always "f" even if it is the only stick plugged in?

Might want to look at this:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/archive/index.php/t-68814.html

You can name your sticks for ease of use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-on-a-stick.1008616/
Relevancy 52.46%

Please help, I accidentally formatted my wife’s memory stick, it contained about 4GB of work she had not backed up. Is there any way I can retrieve any of her work.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

I have a question,

is there any way to recover a corrupted drive.

A while back i was formating my 2gb memory stick when the power went out.
The format did not complete and now the drive wont work at all.

is there any way to get it working again?

Thanks in advance.

A:USB memory stick help

Ok, did some googling.
Found this utility Low-Level Format Tool-HDDguru

It is currently working its magic.

More after the break.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/20074-usb-memory-stick-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

HI.
I'm trying to download Winzip Program to a memory stick,so that i can install on another computer that needs Winzip,but is not connected to I/Net.
Everytime i try an install,there seems to be missing files.
Any ideas ??
Many Thanks
brum1

No ideas. I've often transferred WinZip via USB drive-never had any problem. Are you sure you're saving the downloaded file to the USB drive-if you try copying your installed version of WinZip you probably won't get it all. Other than that the only idea I have is that you have a problem with your download-have you tried re-downloading it? Maybe from a different PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.666225/
Relevancy 52.46%

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

A:memory stick help

i own a pc with windows xp

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.814387/
Relevancy 52.46%

Is there any notable difference in performance between a 1600MHz rated memory stick compared to a 1333MHz rated stick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-mhz.1084209/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have used my memory stick before to look at my pictures and copy to DVD. Now, all of sudden, it is telling me when I put the stick in, and try to open to insert the memory stick, the memory stick is blinking, like it is being read. I checked the profile, the auto play said music, I tried to change to photo would not change,the auto play thing keeps appearing like it is playing something. I am so frustrated. Get this where I bought this computer, their tech support is off until 1/5. Can you imagine what their phones will be like then, with all of Xmas stuff they probably sold. Does anyone have any ideas. I have tried to change the "J" drive to photo, mixed etc, it just goes back to music. I don't know if that is the problem. But I am not all that computer illiterate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.190277/
Relevancy 52.46%

I wish to know how to use a memory stick to save files/back up files/transfer files.

Relevancy 52.46%

This probably sounds daft, but when you buy a PSP did a memory stick come with it, or did you have to buy one separately?

A:PSP memory stick

My PSP "fat" came with a 32MB memory stick.

I believe there are packages that come with up to 1 GB memory stick.
I bought my own 2GB memory stick and I use that exclusively.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psp-memory-stick.693832/
Relevancy 52.46%

I?m using one of those memory sticks, I download a few episodes of something to it and then plug it into my DVD player. It plays fine but the episodes are not in order. No matter how I rename them they?re always out of order. Does anyone have a solution for this?

A:Using a memory stick - help please

What file format do you use please?
Do your file names start with numbers or words?
What make is your DVD player?
If you give me those details I will look into it for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/286838-using-memory-stick-help-please.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey all

I have do a project for school on the sony memory stick duo new release of the

4GB and 8GB cards and i cant find anything on the price

can someone plz help?

A:Memory stick duo

i'm not sure the 8's are available yet but, here are some prices on the 4's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-duo.508088/
Relevancy 52.46%

I plug in my memory stick into my computer but it does'nt work, do I need to download some type of software to my computer? please help.

A:Memory stick

Memory modules, if the correct size, and type, should work out of the box.
Be sure you have the right stuff by going to www.crucial.com and entering your computer brand and model, or the motherboard brand and model... for a list of what should work.
Then if you install it correctly so that it is firmly seated, the motherboard BIOS and Windows should detect it and accept it automatically.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick.104725/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am on Xp home

I have a memory stick, which I have had about 6 months.

I used it the morning to print from, when I come to use it, tonight I cannot get in it.
It says the memory stick needs formatting
I have tried PC Inspector File recovery but all I can get out of it is "Boot Error"
Does anyone know software that will get me into this memory stick?

Old-un

here are a couple for sitesroadkill's unstoppable copiersor try this oneroadkills raw copysee of either one of them helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134370/memory-stick/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having problems clearing my memory stick of unwanted data.

Does anyone know a way to delete all info. in one hit ? Thanks in advance

A:memory stick

If it shows up under 'My Computer' when you insert it into your card reader, you should be able to right-click on it, and select 'Format' to completely wipe the card clean.

If 'Format' it doesn't appear in the right-click menu, click on 'Properties' and see if it's in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.525939/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all I ve been running Memtest version on my memory sticks lately I mainly started because I read a lot about it in the forums and wanted to try it out I m kind of new to the whole PC scene so I don t know exactly why or when to run memory tests or what all the numbers are supposed to tell me I ll start by Stick? Bad Memory listing my system specs Processor Intel P C GHz w MHz FSB Motherboard MSI G Neo -PLS Memory Kingston ValueRam GB x MB PC Hard Disk Western Digital GB RPM IDE I realize that my current memory is not optimum for my system but at the time I built my system it was what I had I plan on upgrading to PC in the future My motherboard has RAM slots each for Channel quot A quot and Channel quot B quot I ve run each stick in each slot individually for a minimum of hours per run The first stick has consistantly run without any errors the second stick has consistantly run with many errors My questions are these Bad Memory Stick? Have I run the tests properly Can I assume that ultimately there should be no errors My memory has a quot Lifetime Warranty quot how would I go about having Kingston replace the bad stick If I ve left out any pertinent information I apologize and please feel free to request it Any responses are greatly appreciated Thank you ahnadahodo nbsp

A:Bad Memory Stick?

There is really no way to run MemTest wrong and yes, there should be no errors whatsoever.

You can either take the memory back to where you bought it or RMA it directly to Kingston. You can find the RMA form on www.kingston.com under support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-memory-stick.20337/